2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.23/5

Chewy.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Chewy.com charged my card for $92.01 which was not my purchase. See Below. Transaction details Close transaction details. Sale $92.01. Transaction date Jan 14, 2020. Posted date Jan 15, 2020. Merchant info CHEWY.COM. Description CHEWY.COM. Method Online, mail or phone. Card number (...**). Category Shopping.

Beware Consumers, There are so many companies and thieves thriving on these kind of practices, consumers are very busy with hectic life and forget to report to credit card companies. I have several transactions done in each statement period and if I do not pay attention this type of charges will be forgotten. I tried to find out who they were selling their product using my Chase Sapphire credit card. No help from Chewy.com, instead asked me to file police report and investigate. In my opinion this company is also part of fraud and in business selling online without proper credit card verification and security steps to prevent scammers from using third party cards.

I do not have pets and never bought anything in my life from this company in my life, they sold and shipped to a thief and charged me for it. They do not get paid when and if and only if a consumer notice or remembers to disputes. However there millions who will not remember or know their right to call for disputes for small charges like $100 or $200, which goes unnoticed. These guys are scammers and they are smart. Customer service of Chewy.com is horrible. I would rate 0 or less if I had a choices. Ramesh **

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

My cat is on a prescription food, but I just realized the brand Royal Canin has crap ingredients and charges $72 a baggie it. I wanted to change the brand to Hills same prescription more expensive and better ingredients and was denied. And I was told I need a new script. I explained there is no reason for the script to be changed. It’s the brand. I want better ingredients for my cat. Chris the supervisor was so rude and didn’t seem to give a care about my reasons or my situation. Which is my Vet is ill with cancer and can not write a new script 'cause he has closed his practice that I would have to find a new vet in order to get the script so my cat can eat. I said, "Then maybe I should close my account." He said, "Go ahead. No problem. Bye," and hung up.

I called back and the person (Anthony) I then spoke to was compassionate and tried to get another supervisor who explained to me policy and unfortunately couldn’t help me either. So even if you don’t change a script but want to change a brand you have to jump through hoops. You're married to the brand even if you find out they are poisoning your pets with crap ingredients. Lesson to all these - read ingredients. Don’t go by a well known brand. They trick you by making you think by paying more you're getting better product. Royal Canin should be ashamed and I am letting them know as well.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Just want to say that Chewy.com is the most excellent company I’ve dealt with, and I’ve used their products and services for years!! If there’s ANY issue with ANYTHING they fix it IMMEDIATELY!! I just called them two days ago to tell them I’d received a case of my three cats’ favorite canned food but every single can was dented. Before I was even done with my sentence my customer service rep was telling me she’d send me out a replacement case right away & I received it the next day NO CHARGE. They’re just THAT good to their customers!!! I will never use another company for pet supplies!! I always have received their packages within one to two days after ordering. God bless Chewy.com!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

FDA release the top 10 dog foods that lead to heart disease/issues and Chewy does nothing but constantly promote Blue Buffalo. Nice to know that this company has your dog's best interest in mind when recommending dog food. I will keep telling people about this until they stop buying from you or your website stops promoting Blue Buffalo.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I ordered a heated cat house for my feral cat, the original order was placed on Jan 7 to be delivered on Jan 9. When it didn’t come and there was no updated information on FedEx website I called they said I had to wait 6! days. So I waited 6 days and called back for a replacement. Well that went out on Jan 13 to be delivered Jan 15. Well received a email saying my address was wrong, no it’s the correct address so verified that and they said it would be delivered the next day Jan 16. Well it couldn’t get on that truck so now I’m still waiting for my package.

Chewy has been no help and fed ex has been worse. Everyone lies to you. So chewy has my money. FedEx has my package and I have a headache from dealing with all the idiots at the two places. So I guess I will wait again tomorrow and see if my house can be found by FedEx that they have delivered to 50 + times over the last few yrs. Chewy offers no other delivery other than FedEx. I asked and even offered to pay for it but no. Their contract is through FedEx. Well you keep FedEx and I’ll keep my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I received a total of three auto ships from Chewy.com and quickly learned how they make money. They increase the prices of your auto ship items immediately before shipping, without any notification, and charge you more than what them items were when placed in your cart. I checked prices and updated a day before shipping and was still charged more. The day my items arrived, the prices returned to the lower price they were prior to my shipment. Customer service no help and simply says their price fluctuates.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Extremely pleased with Chewy.com. They provide prescription food and medication for one of my cats at great savings. They have the GI & joint supplements I prefer for my oldest cat, along with a healthier choice of snacks. They also have the fastest delivery of any online business I order from.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I set up an account online and called my bank three times when Chewy order couldn't be processed. Then I called chewy. Seems like chewy doesn't want new customers. The customer service person insisted it was my fault the order couldn't be processed even though I checked and rechecked and called and called my bank and chewy to try to buy product from you all. Wow, will write reviews for a while just because chewy online sucks big time. If chewy is trying to compete with other online stores, you're way far at the back of the pack.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

In early December, 2019 we order a prescription for our dog, Stella, who had lost her appetite because of kidney failure. We couldn't accept this possibility and ordered a stimulant prescription from Chewy to enhance her appetite. We never did used the stimulant as Stella became worst before we could use the medicine. We made the decision to have her put down. After Stella passed I called Chewy and asked if I could refund the medicine since I hadn't open it. No problem. The agent said that I would have a refund in 5-7 business days and I could donate the medicine to the local vet. We received the refund.

Now read this carefully. About 3 weeks later we received from Chewy a dozen roses with a wine gift card in condolences for our lost. This brought tears to our eyes. This goes above and beyond the call with this act of kindness. We do have a Chewy Warehouse in our town. Now when I see their advertisements, I think of our beloved Stella.....Thank you very much....You deserve 10 stars!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

My dog was on prescription dog food for a kidney problem. Suddenly last week he passed away. Struggling through my grief, CHEWY representative delivered a beautiful bouquet of flowers expressing their sympathy for my loss. I was so touched by their kindness. Remarkable in today's business environment that a company cares that much about their customers (myself and my pet). I had great a experience with CHEWY in using their prescription dog food delivery service. Now my admiration for their company and their commitment to the pets they ultimately serve I cannot put into words.

Chewy.com Company Information