2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Chewy is an online pet supply retailer that offers a wide variety of foods, treats, supplies, and medicines. Customers can purchase goods for a wide variety of pets ranging from dogs and cats to horses and reptiles. The company provides access to over 2000 brands and has many convenience features such as autoship and 24/7 customer service.

Customer orders are fulfilled directly - without the help of other partners or resellers. This allows them to send only quality product. In addition to pet food and essential products for your pet, Chewy is a licensed and accredited Pharmacy, making them a one-stop shop for all your pet needs.

Chewy is also committed to giving back by supporting non-profit organizations that assist animals in need through Chewy’s Rescue and Shelter Network.

Chewy.com Shop Now

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Chewy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chewy.com?

Original review: July 27, 2020

I have been ordering from Chewy.com for about 2 years. Their service has always been super fast and accurate. Once I received a shipment and the bag of food was busted open, they replaced it the very next day! During the pandemic, service got very slow so I stopped my auto ship and opted to purchase in person to get my food quicker (yes, I wait until the last minute and kitties are hungry!). But I tried again last week (end of July 2020) and service was back at it's super fast pace. I ordered a ton of food Saturday at 9:30 pm and it was delivered by 8:00 am on Sunday the next day! Free shipping too! You cannot beat Chewy, they deliver!

Original review: July 26, 2020

I've been a loyal shopper with Chewy for several years (since before PetSmart bought them). Today I went to order shampoo for our 2 Border Collies. I was STUNNED to see that a 64oz bottle of dog shampoo would be $45.36. I did a quick web query and was equally shocked to find it from the manufacturer and 3 other resellers for $16.00 a bottle less. Of course I pinged their online help and asked if they price matched. "NOPE.. we don't do that they replied... anything else I can help you with??"

Buyer beware. This is simply theft. I get capitalism, but the uninformed buyer should not become the victim... What's worse, when I went to put a comment on their website regarding my issue with their pricing policy and this particular product, Their system "experienced an error" and could not allow my review to post... However after I changed my rating from 1 stars to 10, all of a sudden their system was working again... DONE WITH THEM.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I order from this company often and have to say they are wonderful. I recently had a shipment that never arrived, despite Fedex claim of delivery. I reached out to Chewy customer service and within minutes they worked to resolve the issue and set up a replacement order, free of charge, without my asking for replacement. Incredibly understanding and pleasant representatives. One other time I had an issue with a damaged delivery (again, FedEx fault), and they replaced the item quickly and even sent a little extra treat for our pet. By far the best online buying experience we've ever had. Bravo Chewy!

Original review: July 17, 2020

After years of getting dog food from Chewy, our dog needs a prescription med so we ordered it from chewy. They require written confirmation of the script from the vet and the vet emailed it to chewy with a copy to me. My cc of the email shows it was sent and to the correct address. Because our dog needs the med right away, when I got the emailed copy of the script, I contacted chewy to confirm their receipt. Customer service told me they couldn’t confirm and that someone from pharmacy had to and I’d get a callback.

Three days later after no word, I call again and now they tell me they don’t have the email/script and their ONLY solution is to rerequest it from the vet who won’t respond instantly and who knows how much longer this whole process will take? I’m ending my relationship with chewy. The supervisor said I’d get a cancellation confirmation email shortly. Not only have I not gotten confirmation of the cancellation, I checked the website and my order still shows as pending. Chewy used to be good. Their success has overwhelmed their ability to handle it.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Stella and Chewy’s freeze dried raw cat food has been the best discovery for my cat who has multiple allergies. It is freeze dried, raw food that contains no grain, fillers or added hormones or antibiotics. It is gluten free. It includes probiotics to aid in digestion as well as taurine which is an essential amino acid. It also contains vitamins. It is very easy to prepare. You just rehydrate with cool or warm water, mix and serve. It is well tolerated and comes in multiple flavors. My cat’s favorite is salmon and chicken. And it comes in an easy open, resealable bag.

Original review: July 16, 2020

I would like to just say Thank You! I give a 10 star rating to this company and employees. My order came on the date and time you said it would. Employee who packed this order you did a great job. Thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2020

My husband and I are both unemployed now. We have a cat and a dog on prescription medications and food. We have autoship and save very little, but we asked for 10% more off and Chewy would NOT honor that. We spend over $250 every other month at Chewy to keep our pets healthy. We've been loyal customers for at least 5 years! They hardly offer any coupons anymore and customer service agents brush you off, even when you're crying. Sad and depressing.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I adopted my pitbull Kaine, a few months ago. I broke my leg in an accident and also totaled my car, so I was stuck at home and that's when I started using Chewy.com. Back then the orders took a bit longer because of the severity of the pandemic but now I get my order in 2 days, even if I order in the middle of the night. Like seriously?? They are the Amazon of the animal world! I can walk and drive now but I use auto ship on my pet foods and save a few more dollars, it's convenient and cheap. Love you guys!

Original review: July 10, 2020

For years I have been getting one of my furry kids (a small cat) her medicine from Chewy. It is not as expensive in Chewy as it was from the vet. But the vet said to use Chewy. I was extremely glad to use them.... until now. Recently I got an email saying that there is a possibility they will go out of stock for medicine. That did not bother me much. I responded saying that it was okay, I understand because of the virus how bad things are. And I told them when they notified me that they were out of stock, I would get it from the vet.

BUT!! They sent me an email saying they would not notify me (or anyone) if they were out of stock, but only when they were back in stock. People who get the medicine from them could lose their pet if they are not notified it was not in stock allowing people to find somewhere else to get the medicine from in time to give it to the pet when they need it. To me this is cruel.

Original review: July 9, 2020

Mold company use commercials and lie. Chewy stand by their word. They are very loyal, very kind and the best customer service I’ve ever seen. My order comes really fast and even when I make a mistake they refund me my money and give me what I need. See what company does that I love them so much and I will be forever a loyal customer. Thank you guys. They truly love what they do and they truly love dogs.

Chewy.com Company Information