4.7/5 (71 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros

• Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients

Cons

• Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

Bottom Line

Petlab offers various products for pet health and well-being. Delivery is free, but you can’t try an item risk-free, and there are only four cat items available. Subscribers get additional savings and perks.

What is Petlab Co.?

Petlab Co. is a provider of dog and cat supplies, treats, snacks and chews. Its products are designed to tackle problems pets frequently face, such as joint and mobility issues, tartar and plaque buildup and upset stomachs. Petlab focuses on using quality ingredients in its items, such as wild Alaskan salmon oil, pressed berries and premium duck meat. The company formulates its products in the U.S. and ships them at no cost. Petlab offers subscriptions with 25% savings and a host of other benefits.

Petlab subscription

A subscription with Petlab delivers your pet’s products to your door every month and saves you 25%. You also get:

• Discounts on one-time purchases
  • Free access to expert advisors
  • Free expedited delivery
  • Free monthly gifts
  • Early access to new products

There's no membership fee with a subscription, so you only pay for what you buy. You can make changes to your subscription from your online account, including pausing and skipping your next order.

Petlab products

Petlab’s dog products include the following:

• Joint care chews
  • Skin and coat chews
  • Itch relief targeted mousse
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Itch relief shampoo
  • At Ease (for relaxation)
  • Firm Up (for upset stomach)
  • Brain support chews
  • Puppy all-in-one vitamins
  • Aller-Omega Chews (immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory)
  • Omega Pro (probiotic formula)
  • Dog multivitamin
  • Clear eye chews
  • Probiotic chews
  • Senior vitality chews
  • Vitality Pro (for maintaining physical and cognitive abilities)
  • Superfood training treats
  • Salmon bites
  • Digestive support bites

Petlab has a more extensive selection of products for dogs than for cats. It has four items for cats:

• Cat dental formula
  • Joint & UTI support
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Fur ball remedy

Petlab prices

The company’s prices (with a subscription) range from $10.66 to $32.81 for dog items and $11.22 to $31.72 for cat items at the time of publishing. There’s no fee to become a subscriber. Shipping is free on all orders, even for nonsubscribers. Petlab allows returns of unopened products within 30 days for a refund, but it doesn’t specify if return shipping is free.

Petlab Co. FAQ

Can I cancel my Petlab Co. subscription?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime from your online account portal.
How often does my Petlab Co. subscription get delivered?
You can choose to have a Petlab product delivered every month, two months or three months when you make a purchase. You can then change, pause or skip deliveries using your online account.
Can I return Petlab Co. products?
Yes, you can return items within 30 days, but they must be sealed and unopened. You can initiate a return online by filling out a form, and a representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Where is Petlab Co. located?
Petlab is based in New York City and ships products from its warehouse in Denver.

Is Petlab Co. legit?

Petlab Co. is a legitimate online provider of pet health products, founded and run by passionate pet owners. The company sells a variety of chews, formulas and treats, mainly for dogs. You can buy products with or without a subscription, but members save 25% and get other benefits. The company uses quality ingredients, and prices are reasonable. It’s a smart idea to talk with your pet’s veterinarian before using any of Petlab’s supplements, however.

Petlab Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Petlab was the best, and we were very happy with the product. It really helped my dog, Ernie, 100% with his stools. I thought the product was going to save us from some other issues that he had and it did. I just didn't realize there was a worse issue. Ernie was coughing a lot, and we thought he had gotten Valley fever, which is an Arizona problem, but he doesn't have that. It ended up being he was going into congestive heart failure. It's just been terrible.

I did the automatic shipping, so we didn't have to worry about it, but I had to cancel for now. We have Ernie on so many heart medications and LASIK right now that the vet doesn't want him taking anything else. Still, I have some extra product and I hope it lasts a while. The vet told me that this is all he wants him taking right now. We're trying to lengthen his life, and it's gonna kill us to lose him. He's our baby. He's only 10 years old, and to me, that’s young. However, we're dog people. We would always get another dog, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy Petlab's product again. It's absolutely wonderful, and I love it.

Hi Melinda,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews were helping your pup Ernie. We care greatly about our customer and happy to hear you had a great customer experience.

The PetLab Co. Customer Care Team sends their well wishes and we hope Ernie feels better.

Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance or would like to reactivate your subscription. Thanks again!

PetLab. Co.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I have a nine-year-old Chihuahua with stomach issues and I've gotta be very careful. I feed him human food, not dog food, and it's very difficult to find anything with no grains that he can have. I can feed him Petlab's items and grain-free Greenies. He also doesn't have many teeth, and we found the sticks for him, but in the last few orders, the sticks have been really stale or hard. He's got a tiny mouth, so I have to cut things small but they've just been excessively hard. When we first got them, we could bend them, and it took a bit, but now, they snap. I don't know if Petlab changed their formula or maybe we're just getting a bad batch. If they did change their formula, I wish they would go back to the old one or that they had the same type of ingredients in a softer chew.

My Chihuahua can only have a half one because he's so little. He still gnaws on it here and there, but when they were softer, he would just eat it up. Now, he'll chew on it a couple minutes and he just lets that lay. I call the digestive bites that I get him cookies, and that's what he'll go for. I'll say, "Do you want a cookie instead?" He'll just come over, and he'll want that instead.

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We were sorry to read you’ve not been satisfied with your PetLab Co. product experience so far. We care greatly about our customers and their pets. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I heard about Petlab a few years ago. I'm a member of a few animal advocate groups and someone had mentioned that they started giving the supplements for the joints to one of their dogs. I have a dog that I rescued 10 and a half years ago. He was very badly abused. So he had bad joints. He’s a big dog. Before I tried it, I called Petlab customer service and had questions. I was delighted by the way the customer service handled everything. They answered all of my questions. They were wonderful and that had a big impact. After the first month, I saw a difference in him. I decided to go for a second month. I continued to see a difference. I got an email from the founder, asking me what I thought about the product and that impressed me. I decided to go on a subscription because it would be cheaper.

I graduated with their dental formula which has been amazing. I had questions about that and the packaging because I had ordered it from Amazon at one point when I ran out, and it came in a different packaging. It concerned me because of the imitations. I called Petlab and they were very quick to address that. I started using the dental formula, which has worked out amazing. Both of my dogs, for their ages, have amazing teeth and gum.

From there, they developed a probiotic. I give that to my oldest dog and he does wonderful on that. A few months ago, I had a big issue with the joint chews that were coming in because they were coming in all stuck together in one big glob and there was no way to pull them apart. Plus, they were not cheap at all. Especially, for the bigger dog, you have to give more than one. There are only 30 in a container.

I called them and they asked me to send them pictures. I sent them pictures and they immediately called me back and said there was obviously a problem with the packaging and/or the storage of it. They said that they would send me out replacements. They sent me out four jars of replacements, which was amazing. They're a really good company. Additionally, I spoke with my veterinarian about them because I never give anything to my dog that I don't check with my veterinarian first. At the time, he looked them up and he said, “This is a good company. Go ahead and use the product.” So that was good for me, too.

Hi Marietta,

Thank you for your feedback for the Joint Care Chews and Dental Formula we are happy to hear they are working for another pup. We are so happy to have you in our Petlab Co family.

Thanks again!

PetLab Co

Original review: May 28, 2022

You cannot go wrong with Petlab's joint chews if all your dog is having is just some mobility issues from arthritis. When I first started my Corgi, Jack-Jack, on the joint chews, he was still 13 and within three weeks, he was a whole new dog. He just turned 15 and he's feeling better now than he did two years ago. There was a dramatic improvement. He is running again, not just the little bunny hop he was doing, and he's lost eight pounds because he's able to move around so easily now.

This morning, Jack-Jack wanted his chew ‘cause that's his treat and he loves it. He looks for it. Every morning, he comes and licks me on the leg. It’s like, “I'm ready for my treat.” When I didn't give it, my husband happened to be sitting on the couch, reading something, and Jack-Jack went over to him, jumped up and put his paws on the couch. He hasn't been able to do that in years. This stuff works, and I have recommended it. I’ve got four friends giving their dogs joint chews now. It truly is a great product. I also tried the stuff you put in the water for their breath and their teeth, and that seemed to work, but I wasn't as diligent about it. I got the salmon bites one time, and I like those a lot too, but I don't get those on a regular basis.

I've been getting a subscription for the joint chews for a year, and the whole process is easy. I’m on automatic shipping now, and I really like that Petlab lets me know when it's coming and that I'm about to be charged for it. They’ve got their stuff down. When my order is on its way, I know to go to the mailbox right away to get them so they don't sit there.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Chew is helping Jack-Jack and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I found the probiotics 'cause my German Shepherd, Jethro, had been itching and itching. He didn't start itching like this until after I started him on a certain flea and tick medication brand. I stopped that and we went back to the regular heartworm and sleep stuff. However, the itching didn't stop right away because I didn't realize that it might be the flea and tick medication that was causing it. I started him on the probiotics, which made sense. He doesn't eat poop in the summertime, but he eats frozen poop in the winter. I knew he was not getting something he needed and I'm on what is a pretty good dog food for him. So, I didn't know if it was chicken allergies and I was getting something with no chicken product in it. It just continued.

I got Jethro one Cytopoint injection, but I had him on the Petlab probiotics and I had just also ordered the skin and coat chews for him. Now, he is starting to lick and bite at his feet a little. Nothing like what it had been, and he is so much happier. I should have waited with the Cytopoint injection, so now I can't contribute it to just the Cytopoint injection, the Petlab stuff or a combination. Even before Cytopoint though, on the probiotics, I noticed his appetite was more normal for him and I noticed that change right away. German Shepherds are fussy eaters and before, he had been doing really well, then all of a sudden, he doesn't like to eat this or that food. Overall, Petlab has been wonderful.

I had a package that came open in the mail. When I screwed off the top, there was no seal on the bottle. I thought, "Oh, here we go," because customer service is huge for me, and normally, you just don't find it anywhere. The guys were very responsive and there were no questions asked. "Absolutely. Just send us a photo. We'll send you another package." It was amazing. I would absolutely recommend Petlab in a heartbeat.

Petlab Co. response

Hi Wendy- Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic chews are helping Jethro. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I use a couple of Petlab's products. My dog is getting a little on in age and she was having trouble getting up from when she was laying down. We bought the Joint Care Chews. We also get some of the Salmon Bites, Prebiotic Dental Sticks, and the salmon bites that are real tiny, which she loved. Also, their reps were very responsive when I had questions. They were helpful and friendly.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews are helping your pup and she also gets to enjoy the Salmon Bites and Prebiotic Dental Sticks.

We care greatly about our customers and happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance.

Thanks again! PetLab Co.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

So far, my experience with Petlab has been great. I’ve been using the probiotics for three months now and she's not shaking her head and her ears like she used to. Seems to be working. The cost is a little high, but we do what we have to do for the babies. I had to cancel an order because I sent two orders at one time. It was the only problem I've had with them and they canceled it easily. I would highly recommend Petlab.

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance.

Thanks for being a PetLab Co. customer!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I love Petlab. They're great. We got four of the supplements and two of the washes, and it helped our older girl tremendously. They were having food allergies and environmental allergies. Our oldest started getting yeast infections in her ears really bad and I didn't know it got so bad that it was blocked off inside where I couldn't see it. I've taken her to the vet and they said they couldn't even get in there to put the medicine in. So I used that ear cleaner, saline, from Petlab for three days and then it broke up. Her ear was clean. It was wonderful.

I used it on our younger Lab ‘cause he was starting to do repetitive motions like she does because he learned from her. And he stopped because she stopped, but now we're having issues outside because of all the pollen that's been out. They’re very allergic. She also got severe issues with her hip. Having this itch relief and the probiotic along with the joint relief and the calming chew seems to help them a lot. It’s expensive but it is worth it to help them be more confident in their movement and not be in so much pain.

Hey there Melissa,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that our Itch Relief Pro and Clear Ear Therapy are helping your pup family. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

My pet is a full-grown older Rottweiler Doberman mix. We decided to get the joint, bone and joint from Petlab and the product works well. He's moving a lot more and he's a lot more playful and excited.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I purchased the joint chews for my dog a year and a half ago and saw results within the first week. I have subscribed to it, so I get it every month and use it every month. It definitely increased her mobility. I have recommended Petlab to everybody.

Hi Theresa,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews are helping your pup and increased her mobility. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance.

Thanks for being a PetLab Co. customer!

Petlab Co. Company Information