Learn More

2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

4.6/5 (5 ratings)

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros

• Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients

Cons

• Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

Bottom Line

Petlab offers various products for pet health and well-being. Delivery is free, but you can’t try an item risk-free, and there are only four cat items available. Subscribers get additional savings and perks.

What is Petlab Co.?

Petlab Co. is a provider of dog and cat supplies, treats, snacks and chews. Its products are designed to tackle problems pets frequently face, such as joint and mobility issues, tartar and plaque buildup and upset stomachs. Petlab focuses on using quality ingredients in its items, such as wild Alaskan salmon oil, pressed berries and premium duck meat. The company formulates its products in the U.S. and ships them at no cost. Petlab offers subscriptions with 25% savings and a host of other benefits.

Petlab subscription

A subscription with Petlab delivers your pet’s products to your door every month and saves you 25%. You also get:

• Discounts on one-time purchases
  • Free access to expert advisors
  • Free expedited delivery
  • Free monthly gifts
  • Early access to new products

There's no membership fee with a subscription, so you only pay for what you buy. You can make changes to your subscription from your online account, including pausing and skipping your next order.

Petlab products

Petlab’s dog products include the following:

• Joint care chews
  • Skin and coat chews
  • Itch relief targeted mousse
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Itch relief shampoo
  • At Ease (for relaxation)
  • Firm Up (for upset stomach)
  • Brain support chews
  • Puppy all-in-one vitamins
  • Aller-Omega Chews (immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory)
  • Omega Pro (probiotic formula)
  • Dog multivitamin
  • Clear eye chews
  • Probiotic chews
  • Senior vitality chews
  • Vitality Pro (for maintaining physical and cognitive abilities)
  • Superfood training treats
  • Salmon bites
  • Digestive support bites

Petlab has a more extensive selection of products for dogs than for cats. It has four items for cats:

• Cat dental formula
  • Joint & UTI support
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Fur ball remedy

Petlab prices

The company’s prices (with a subscription) range from $10.66 to $32.81 for dog items and $11.22 to $31.72 for cat items at the time of publishing. There’s no fee to become a subscriber. Shipping is free on all orders, even for nonsubscribers. Petlab allows returns of unopened products within 30 days for a refund, but it doesn’t specify if return shipping is free.

Petlab Co. FAQ

Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime from your online account portal.
You can choose to have a Petlab product delivered every month, two months or three months when you make a purchase. You can then change, pause or skip deliveries using your online account.
Yes, you can return items within 30 days, but they must be sealed and unopened. You can initiate a return online by filling out a form, and a representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Petlab is based in New York City and ships products from its warehouse in Denver.

Is Petlab Co. legit?

Petlab Co. is a legitimate online provider of pet health products, founded and run by passionate pet owners. The company sells a variety of chews, formulas and treats, mainly for dogs. You can buy products with or without a subscription, but members save 25% and get other benefits. The company uses quality ingredients, and prices are reasonable. It’s a smart idea to talk with your pet’s veterinarian before using any of Petlab’s supplements, however.

Petlab Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I had a monthly going with Petlab, and now I'm done. My pet sadly passed away. That's why I don't need their services anymore. He was a Goldendoodle. He seemed to like the product, and it did help his joints for the short term that I used it. It seemed to help. I'll definitely use them in the future when I get a new dog.

Hi Steven,

We are so sorry to hear about your Goldendoodle. It is incredibly difficult when we lose a fur family member. We appreciate that our joint product helped - thank you for sharing your feedback. Our heartfelt condolences on your loss.

Petlab Co.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My dog was seven or eight years old and had hip dysplasia. I tried Petlab's joint medication and it worked. I bought glucosamine before and it wasn’t near as good. Whatever Petlab has got going and they’re doing, they’re doing in the right direction, but they're getting way overpriced. I used to get two for 39 bucks, and now I’m paying 50 bucks, which is a good jump. They also can't keep my prescription straight. They're supposed to be on the way, but when she runs out, I can really tell that she's not getting them every night. She's a golden retriever, and she’s not an active dog. She’s at that age, and I don’t know how much longer she’s gonna make it.

If I do the prescription every month, then I get way too many. I want them every couple of months and my dog has been out almost two weeks now. The customer service is decent, but there isn't a contact number. However, I was able to talk to a rep, Kayla, and she was very helpful, nice, and got my prescription straight. I also tried the probiotic chews and my dog liked the taste of them. I saw no difference though, so I wouldn’t waste my money on that any more.

Hi Matthew,

We are happy to hear that the Joint Care chews are working for your golden retriever. One of our Customer Care Team members will reach out to you regarding your subscription concerns. We certainly want your pup to get her supplements in a timely manner. Thank you for your feedback!

Petlab Co.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I had tried other items and they weren't working. So, I thought I would give Petlab a chance since they were already in a chews, and the dogs seem to do that better than any kind of pills or creams. I have Chihuahua terriers. They were all from the same mother about six months apart, and we've had them eight years. I got the probiotics from Petlab, but I also got a trial of the stress relief because they panic during thunderstorms. I thought I would try something to help alleviate some of that. They don't handle storms well at all and I don't know how to stop it without interfering chemically somehow, because even reassuring them and holding them is still not enough.

Hi Kelli,

Thank you so much for your feedback and giving our products a chance! We wish you and your Chihuahuas the very best - should you need anything, please contact our Customer Care Team at thepetlabco.com/contact-us. Thanks again!

Petlab Co.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

I had had all good experiences with PETLAB! They respond quickly to inquiries or problems with orders. They provide more than adequate information on each of their products which I have used for my dogs for a handful of years now. I use their Dental Additive to water for my dogs' teeth, Joint care chews, Probiotic chews, Itch relief chews. All of these products work with my dogs and have kept them happy and healthy. I would recommend their Company to anyone for their furbabies.

Hi Lesley,

Our team is dedicated to providing outstanding customer service and the best quality products for our fur babies. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Petlab Co.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I had an issue with all the probiotics I ordered, my dog would not eat any of them. I ordered in quantity to save money, and my money was credited back to my account. I recommended them to my daughter for her two dogs, she ordered the probiotics and has no problems, so I gave her mine.

Hi Lloydene,

We appreciate your feedback. We're pleased to hear that you are happy with our product and customer service.

Petlab Co. Company Information