4.7(216)
Written by
Author picture
Edited by

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients
Cons
  • Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

What is Petlab Co.?

Petlab Co. is a provider of dog and cat supplies, treats, snacks and chews. Its products are designed to tackle problems pets frequently face, such as joint and mobility issues, tartar and plaque buildup and upset stomachs. Petlab focuses on using quality ingredients in its items, such as wild Alaskan salmon oil, pressed berries and premium duck meat. The company formulates its products in the U.S. and ships them at no cost. Petlab offers subscriptions with 25% savings and a host of other benefits.

Petlab subscription

A subscription with Petlab delivers your pet’s products to your door every month and saves you 25%. You also get:

• Discounts on one-time purchases
  • Free access to expert advisors
  • Free expedited delivery
  • Free monthly gifts
  • Early access to new products

There's no membership fee with a subscription, so you only pay for what you buy. You can make changes to your subscription from your online account, including pausing and skipping your next order.

Petlab products

Petlab’s dog products include the following:

Mobility
  • Itch relief targeted mousse
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Itch relief shampoo
Behavior
  • At Ease (for relaxation)
Overall health
  • Firm Up (for upset stomach)
  • Brain support chews
  • Puppy all-in-one vitamins
  • Aller-Omega Chews (immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory)
  • Omega Pro (probiotic formula)
  • Dog multivitamin
  • Clear eye chews
  • Probiotic chews
  • Senior vitality chews
  • Vitality Pro (for maintaining physical and cognitive abilities)
Nutrition
  • Superfood training treats
  • Salmon bites
  • Digestive support bites

Petlab has a more extensive selection of products for dogs than for cats. It has four items for cats:

• Cat dental formula
  • Joint & UTI support
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Fur ball remedy

Petlab prices

The company’s prices (with a subscription) range from $10.66 to $32.81 for dog items and $11.22 to $31.72 for cat items at the time of publishing. There’s no fee to become a subscriber. Shipping is free on all orders, even for nonsubscribers. Petlab allows returns of unopened products within 30 days for a refund, but it doesn’t specify if return shipping is free.

Petlab Co. FAQ

Can I cancel my Petlab Co. subscription?

Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime from your online account portal.

How often does my Petlab Co. subscription get delivered?

You can choose to have a Petlab product delivered every month, two months or three months when you make a purchase. You can then change, pause or skip deliveries using your online account.

Can I return Petlab Co. products?

Yes, you can return items within 30 days, but they must be sealed and unopened. You can initiate a return online by filling out a form, and a representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.

Where is Petlab Co. located?

Petlab is based in New York City and ships products from its warehouse in Denver.

Is Petlab Co. legit?

Petlab Co. is a legitimate online provider of pet health products, founded and run by passionate pet owners. The company sells a variety of chews, formulas and treats, mainly for dogs. You can buy products with or without a subscription, but members save 25% and get other benefits. The company uses quality ingredients, and prices are reasonable. It’s a smart idea to talk with your pet’s veterinarian before using any of Petlab’s supplements, however.

Stars Rating

• 84%
  • 10%
  • 3%
  • 0%
  • 3%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
    Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 9, 2024

We bought some supplements from Petlab Co. before, and I went on their website and looked at their different available products. Petlab Allergy and Immune that one seemed to be right where I needed it to be. So, I reached out and got a bottle, and it worked. I was looking for a solution for one of my dogs that was having a lot of allergies to either pollen or dust that was in the yard. And that dog gets beet red, and gets him every spring. So, I've been using the Allergy and Immune, for three years. I put it on a subscription and Petlab Co. would send two bottles. I give it to all four of my dogs once a day. The Petlab Allergy and Immune is what helped me get ahead of one dog's irritated skin. With the subscription, it's always here on time.

Petlab Co. is a very reputable company. They are out of New York, and they have very clean packaging. It's an attractive little bottle that you screw the top off and it’s sealed, so when you get it, you know it's fresh. They get me the product via the subscription the same day every month. So, I don't have to worry about making sure I got enough and when I can reorder, and it would come. And it's the right quantity. The Allergy and Immune seems to work and has a good balance to it. But you got to do some other things too, depending on the degree of allergy that the dogs have. Maybe it wasn't the ultimate cure, but it tamped down the scratching and redness. They have an extensive array of products, and I've looked at a lot of their products, making myself aware of what they might have if I ever ran into some problems. They also have probiotics.

Hello James,

We are absolutely thrilled to hear that our supplement has made such a positive impact on your furry friends! Your heartfelt feedback has truly brightened our day and serves as a heartfelt reminder of why we are so passionate about creating products that help the lives of pets. We are truly grateful for your support and we're dedicated to continuing to provide the highest-quality products for our furry companions!

Best regards,

PetLab Co.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 7, 2024

I recommend Petlab Co. to anybody. I told my sisters about it. I also told best friends about it ‘cause they have dogs. I enjoy telling my niece about it. I gave it to my neighbor next door to one of her dogs. She liked it because her dog had itchy problems, and had trouble with her gut. The dog enjoyed it. She appreciated it. She said, “Tracy, it did work. When you started giving the probiotics, she didn't vomit anymore.” I love the website. I could understand it. They show pictures. I enjoy it. I just ordered three Probiotic Chews. I ordered three ProBright Advanced. I do the Allergy & Immune because all of my dogs have allergies. One dog wouldn't take anything. She's so fussy, because I rescued her. Daisy and Jake take it

I do the Probiotic Chews, multivitamins, Skin & Coat, Itch Relief, Calming Chews, and the anal ones. One of my dogs has gum disease. He needs the dental work done, but my vet wouldn't do it until he lost some weight. So, I purchased Farmer’s Dog Food. And I saw the ProBright thing. I read about how it helps with the tartar. My Jake's teeth look a lot better than what they were. It works. And because I heard a lot of good about probiotics, how it helps with their gut, I wanted to try it. It seemed to work. The multivitamins also seemed to work. My dog got much more energy.

I also do the Digestive Chews because all three dogs have stomach problems. My Jake got pancreatitis. He caught it twice already. And he was on special dog food, but he hated it. He was on it for three years. He didn't want it anymore. But he loves the Farmer’s. Every day I put a little scoop of the ProBright Advanced in their food. He loves his Probiotic Chews. He takes everything I give him. They like it.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you’ve been sharing our products with anyone and glad you find our website easy to navigate. We look forward to continuing to provide top-quality products for your beloved pets' health and happiness. Thanks again for spreading the word and being a loyal customer. If you require any assistance, feel free to reach out to us at help@thepetlabco.com.

Stay pawsome,

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed March 2, 2024

I started purchasing through Petlab because of the advertisement for certain issues my dog was having, like licking of the paws and having smelly paws. They recommended the probiotic. I started buying the probiotic chews for my dogs. My dog is a miniature poodle and he's using the probiotic for six months now. I have noticed less licking of the paw. And the smelliness, I don't notice that like I did.

In the beginning, the ordering was good. However, I had to stop and take it off of autoship 'cause, for some reason, it ended up double-charging me and sending me multiple products that I wasn't ready or shouldn't have received. It created an inconvenience financially for me. So I just order now when I'm a week or so before I run out. The products are good. I have four dogs and they have their own little cabinet with the multivitamins. I have skin and coat. I also have the regular probiotic. I have the calming chew and the ProBright, too. I also have the liquid.

Hi Tawanda,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are so happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your Furbaby. I'm sorry to hear about your experience with your subscription, if you ever wish to reactivate you can also have full access by logging into your Customer Account Portal.

We care greatly about our customers and their pups and are ecstatic to hear about your great experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance.

Thanks again! PetLab Co.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2023

I've been happy with Petlab. My dog has enjoyed the products I've been giving her. She is an older dog so she's quite picky. My first purchase from Petlab was the probiotic chews. My dog was starting to lick her paws. In the commercial, it was saying a buildup of yeast happens in their digestive tract and it works its way down into their paws. It gives them itchy feet. I tried the probiotic chews and sure enough, the licking went away. My dog has been taking those for almost a year now. I just continued giving the chews to her figuring a healthy digestive tract is probably good health in general.

Petlab sent beef jerky and salmon treats. My dog is not a very food-driven dog. She eats them but it's a take them or leave them thing. That was fine. She is getting more arthritic and I noticed that there was a joint chew in Petlab. I've been trying that for about three months now and she likes the chew. She'll eat it but I haven't really seen a lot of difference. She's 15 and if it can make her comfortable, that's all I care about.

I would recommend Petlab depending on the case of their dog. I've had positive results from the stuff I've given mine and I'd tell others to give them a try. In the case of the probiotic chews and the joint health thing, I would put that online to at least give awareness to people who are looking for reviews on those products that, "Hey, I'm trying it and it works for me or I'm seeing good results. So, consider it." For the chews, things like that can take at least up to three months before you start seeing results. I'm in that three to four-month period and we're still in the evaluation stage of it. I'm still comfortable giving it to my dog. I had read that you give the treats once a day. But I re-read the instructions that it was twice a day. I needed to order more. I put in another order to start to give it to her twice a day. For the last month, I had only given her half of what she should have been getting. Hopefully, in the New Year, we'll certainly see if that makes any changes.

It's easy to shop with Petlab. But then when looking at my subscriptions to confirm what I have and when I was bundling and switching out, there was some confusion as to, "Did I just cancel everything when I canceled out my other things?" I couldn't get clarification on that. But it's just a timing thing. I went in the next day to confirm the order of the bundle did go through and it did.

Also, I sometimes see changes in prices in petlab, which is strange. When I ordered, I might have had a coupon at the time. It seems like the price went up to over $30 for the unit. When I go online, it's on sale. You have to monitor that on a month-to-month basis to get the best deal. I recently did that. I grouped my two different products together in one order rather than receiving one order mid-month and one at the end of the month to see if that bundling worked out to be a bit cheaper. For the initial order, it came out significantly cheaper than the two separate orders. We'll see if that works out the way going forward. All in all, my dog likes the Petlab products and it has no ill effects and there are no issues taking them. So, so far, so good.

Hi Avril,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are ecstatic to hear that your furbaby has enjoyed our PetLab Co. products!

We care greatly about our customers and are happy to hear you and your pup had such a great experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance.

Thanks again! PetLab Co.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed July 18, 2023

I'm liking the results I've seen so far. I've gotten some probiotic chews from Petlab for my one dog and that seems to be helping him and my other dog getting mobility chews and some mobility liquid. She’s reacting well to that. We did add another medication from the vet to her regimen at the same time, so it's a little hard to say what's the most effective. But at the same time, her furs started growing back too. That's the coolest thing I've seen as a result from any kind of a product that I've gotten for my dogs in the past. For the one dog he’s been reacting to the probiotic better than a prescription probiotic. He seems healthier.

The website is good. It's fast on being able to place the orders and process it. The delivery time is also good. They even got in touch with me ‘cause the first time I placed an order, there was a duplicate. They made sure that I knew what I picked and cleared it all up for me so that I didn't end up with four times as much stuff as I needed. The service is helpful. When they wanted to make sure I was ordering the right thing, they emailed me, called me, and texted me. That was proactive. Everybody was friendly. The products seem to be great. There have been no adverse effects. I would like it if there were some larger quantities available though. That way, I have fewer jars I end up throwing in the recycling bin.

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews and Mobility Pro Oil are helping your pup and you've seen a great difference in her and are seeing her energetic self again. Our priority is always our customer service and product satisfaction, so we’re delighted to know that we’re getting it right.

Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance, Thanks again!

PetLab. Co.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

I ordered Petlab for my dog as her teeth and breath were getting terrible. I have been using about 4 or 5 months now, I have noticed some of her teeth are clean, but her Canines are not. Her breath varies daily...lol But the thing that is concerning me is how she has gotten so winded. She is panting all the time except when she sleeps. She seems just nervous all the time now. Nothing has changed in her life, except the use of this product. I'm going to stop using to see if she improves. We are also headed to the Vet for a checkup next week.

Hi Charlene,

We appreciate your feedback and we regret to hear about your pup's experience. We would like to look further into this matter. Please check your email for a reply from our customer care team. Your response to the email queries would be appreciated. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to help@thepetlabco.com for any further assistance. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

Reviewed May 13, 2024

For April order I set out my subscription ship date. Got the confirmation page with the golden retriever saying it was completed. Product shipped anyway. I let it go and set out the date for the following shipment date for May. I received an email that my shipment was coming up in three days. I replied to the email that this date was set out and should not be shipping. Now I’m upset and I then went ahead and logged into the online account and cancelled. When they responded to my emails I was told it was a computer glitch but they did nothing to rectify the situation and shipped and charged me anyway and also claimed my cancellation came in after the item shipped. Customer service is definitely not their forte.

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for the frustration and inconvenience you experienced. Our record shows that a full refund has been issued for your latest order to address this promptly. Your refund will go back into your account within 10 business days. Please be assured that we're actively working to prevent similar occurrences in the future, as your satisfaction is our priority. We look forward to another opportunity to provide you with a more fulfilling experience. For further assistance, don't hesitate to call us at +1-866-4-PETLAB (1-866 473-8522) or email us at help@thepetlabco.com.

Warm regards, PetLab Co.

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed May 4, 2024

My pet is 12 years old, going on 13. She's showing her signs of age and she started having a lot of itchy feet and itchy ears. All of a sudden, the medicine for that was costing me a fortune. The veterinarian recommended that I do probiotics for my dog. I purchased the probiotic chews and I also added the prebiotic sticks from Petlab. It works well for her. She has improved digestion and less diarrhea. She has more energy too. She's eating her food like she never used to. I haven't had any problems with the feet and ears since I did that as well.

Hello Pamela,

We're absolutely thrilled to hear how much of a positive impact our product has had on your dog! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's amazing to know that we're helping furry friends like yours. Your support truly means the world to us! If you need assistance in the future, feel free to reach out at help@thepetlabco.com.

Price

Reviewed May 4, 2024

I got allergy and immune treatment sticks from Petlab. I was having problems with the dog scratching and biting himself and the medication the doctor gave me didn't work. So, I gave it a try. It didn't work right away. It took about a month but now, it works fine. The price is a little high. I wish it could be a little less. I had a little problem with Petlab a while back when they couldn't seem to figure out what my account number was. I sent it to them twice, they couldn't still figure it out, and I was a little annoyed by that. I'm sure that was just one of those glitches that they run into.

Hi Luella,

We're pleased to hear that your dog is doing wonders after continued use of our product. Your feedback on the pricing is appreciated, and we continuously strive to provide the best value. We regret the inconvenience you faced with your account and understand your frustration. We are constantly working to enhance our systems to prevent such occurrences in the future. Your satisfaction is our priority, and we are grateful for your support. If you have any further concerns please reach out at help@thepetlabco.com.

Sincerely,

Online & App

Reviewed May 1, 2024

So far, our experience with Petlab has been good. We haven't had any issues. Their website runs quickly and they do give decent explanations on their website for each product they're selling besides what we've been buying. What we bought helped our dogs' breath. We mix it up in their food. For the most part, it's working. It definitely beats brushing their teeth. Ordering is a little weird because if you wanted more than one, you have to set up subscriptions where they're coming in. So, it would be nice if the actual container was just a little bit larger.

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! It's awesome that our product has been doing wonders for your dogs. We appreciate your suggestion for a larger container option. We are continuously striving to enhance the customer experience and will definitely take your input into consideration for future improvements. Please reach out to help@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance.

Stay pawsome! - PetLab Co.

Petlab Co. Company Information