Learn More

4.7/5 (37 ratings)

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros

• Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients

Cons

• Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

Bottom Line

Petlab offers various products for pet health and well-being. Delivery is free, but you can’t try an item risk-free, and there are only four cat items available. Subscribers get additional savings and perks.

What is Petlab Co.?

Petlab Co. is a provider of dog and cat supplies, treats, snacks and chews. Its products are designed to tackle problems pets frequently face, such as joint and mobility issues, tartar and plaque buildup and upset stomachs. Petlab focuses on using quality ingredients in its items, such as wild Alaskan salmon oil, pressed berries and premium duck meat. The company formulates its products in the U.S. and ships them at no cost. Petlab offers subscriptions with 25% savings and a host of other benefits.

Petlab subscription

A subscription with Petlab delivers your pet’s products to your door every month and saves you 25%. You also get:

• Discounts on one-time purchases
  • Free access to expert advisors
  • Free expedited delivery
  • Free monthly gifts
  • Early access to new products

There's no membership fee with a subscription, so you only pay for what you buy. You can make changes to your subscription from your online account, including pausing and skipping your next order.

Petlab products

Petlab’s dog products include the following:

• Joint care chews
  • Skin and coat chews
  • Itch relief targeted mousse
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Itch relief shampoo
  • At Ease (for relaxation)
  • Firm Up (for upset stomach)
  • Brain support chews
  • Puppy all-in-one vitamins
  • Aller-Omega Chews (immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory)
  • Omega Pro (probiotic formula)
  • Dog multivitamin
  • Clear eye chews
  • Probiotic chews
  • Senior vitality chews
  • Vitality Pro (for maintaining physical and cognitive abilities)
  • Superfood training treats
  • Salmon bites
  • Digestive support bites

Petlab has a more extensive selection of products for dogs than for cats. It has four items for cats:

• Cat dental formula
  • Joint & UTI support
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Fur ball remedy

Petlab prices

The company’s prices (with a subscription) range from $10.66 to $32.81 for dog items and $11.22 to $31.72 for cat items at the time of publishing. There’s no fee to become a subscriber. Shipping is free on all orders, even for nonsubscribers. Petlab allows returns of unopened products within 30 days for a refund, but it doesn’t specify if return shipping is free.

Petlab Co. FAQ

Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime from your online account portal.
You can choose to have a Petlab product delivered every month, two months or three months when you make a purchase. You can then change, pause or skip deliveries using your online account.
Yes, you can return items within 30 days, but they must be sealed and unopened. You can initiate a return online by filling out a form, and a representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Petlab is based in New York City and ships products from its warehouse in Denver.

Is Petlab Co. legit?

Petlab Co. is a legitimate online provider of pet health products, founded and run by passionate pet owners. The company sells a variety of chews, formulas and treats, mainly for dogs. You can buy products with or without a subscription, but members save 25% and get other benefits. The company uses quality ingredients, and prices are reasonable. It’s a smart idea to talk with your pet’s veterinarian before using any of Petlab’s supplements, however.

Petlab Co. Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

The first time I ordered their Probiotic Chews, I ordered two cans and after I finished the first can, I immediately went on the subscription. It worked magically so I did the forever subscription, which is like 50 bucks a month. With those Probiotic Chews and getting my dog on a regular good diet without scraps and leftovers and stuff, she’s just doing really well. Before, she had no hair on her back and her coat was gross. Also, her eyes didn't look right and she rubbed her whiskers off of her cheeks. She just looked so sad and wouldn't get up. The kids were upset because she wouldn't play. Now, her coat is super shiny and she's running all over the place. She isn't even going back to the scratch anymore. I’m really happy I found something for her. All it was is just this little chew that she loves and she can’t wait for every morning.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. We make it very easy for any customer to manage their subscription through our customer portal - https://account.petlab.com/login. Here you can edit your subscription, change shipment dates, frequency or cancel. Alternatively, you can reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

My sister's dog was having lots of issues and the product from Petlab seemed to be helping. He had a lot of trouble pooping and he was very constipated. When he was taking the pill regularly, it increased his bowel movement. It didn't seem like he struggled nearly as much using the bathroom when he was taking that. The products are really good but they're very expensive. I noticed that they have sales, but the sales are always 40% and nothing ever more than that.

I ordered the product for the dog's stomach straight off the website. But they sent me the joint care instead. So I sent an email to Petlab to let them know I got the wrong product and they immediately sent me the right product out and let me keep the wrong one. That was good service because they didn't ask me to return the wrong product.

Hi Donna,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. In regards to our pricing, our products are made using only the highest quality ingredients, which sometimes means they are pricier than competitor brands. As pet owners, we believe our furry friends deserve the absolute best, which can cost a little more but gives you peace of mind that your pet’s health is in good hands.

PetLab Co.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Petlab is fabulous. They care for their customers and their products. One of my dogs is compromised health-wise and has been forever since he was a pup. He's 13 years old and he's had an intestinal thing that we've been bickering back and forth with my vet. Petlab came up with a probiotic and some of the symptoms that my dog had. After a couple of weeks of using their product, I'm noticing significant difference in his attitude, let alone his digestive activity. The licking from pain stopped and he looked like he was alive again.

Petlab is a very big expense for me every month. My dog needs two tablets or sometimes three tablets a day. But I really enjoy everything from them. They also have a vet on hand or somebody that knows these answers, and the blogs. There was this special girl, Melody, who heard my cry about the inability to buy what I needed for my dog and she found a way. She enabled me to get free samples. Also, there was a contest they were running, where we had to take pictures and collaborate a story about this probiotic and the change in your dog. I did this video for 25 minutes about the dog and tried to send it. But for some reason, it was too big to send. I couldn’t send it any kind of way at all. They went back and forth with me with different links and possibilities to get the video sent. It was mostly Melody that was doing this stuff. Finally, it got sent and we were entered even after the deadline. So they’ve really went above and beyond for me.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I have a dog that constantly itches. She's been on flea meds for years. She never has a flea, but she's always itching anyway. 9 times out of 10, she would start bleeding from biting in the same spots all the time. I got her on the probiotic and within two months, she pretty much ceased to itch. I had purchased the probiotics a few months ago, but somehow, they misconstrued what I was ordering.

I was upset at first 'cause I thought it was a con job. Because I ordered the one and they said, "For no extra price, you could get a second one." I said, "Okay. No problem." I ordered it. I put in the credit card number and it went through. They gave me a confirmation number. But then at the end of all of that, they said that I could save even more money if I ordered four of them. I just figured it went from two to four. I ordered the four, and the next thing I know, I got six and then the next thing I know, I got 12 and it's only been a month. I went back into Petlab and I found my account. I saw how they overlapped the orders. It was not the way I was led to believe the way it was gonna go. I was a little ticked off. But by the time I got down to using all 12 of them, the dogs stopped itching. I said I'll go back to it. But this time, I'm gonna be real careful in how I get it.

Petlab Co. response

Hi Jackie - Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. We understand how important this is for you and your pet. We offer optional additional discounts for the most cost effective purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience you experience. We are happy to hear it did work out. Please note that it can take 2-3 months for some pets to show improvement. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

My dog was seven or eight years old and had hip dysplasia. I tried Petlab's joint medication and it worked. I bought glucosamine before and it wasn’t near as good. Whatever Petlab has got going and they’re doing, they’re doing in the right direction, but they're getting way overpriced. I used to get two for 39 bucks, and now I’m paying 50 bucks, which is a good jump. They also can't keep my prescription straight. They're supposed to be on the way, but when she runs out, I can really tell that she's not getting them every night. She's a golden retriever, and she’s not an active dog. She’s at that age, and I don’t know how much longer she’s gonna make it.

If I do the prescription every month, then I get way too many. I want them every couple of months and my dog has been out almost two weeks now. The customer service is decent, but there isn't a contact number. However, I was able to talk to a rep, Kayla, and she was very helpful, nice, and got my prescription straight. I also tried the probiotic chews and my dog liked the taste of them. I saw no difference though, so I wouldn’t waste my money on that any more.

Hi Matthew,

We are happy to hear that the Joint Care chews are working for your golden retriever. One of our Customer Care Team members will reach out to you regarding your subscription concerns. We certainly want your pup to get her supplements in a timely manner. Thank you for your feedback!

Petlab Co.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Our dog was, for years, having issues with allergies, and our vet kept giving them all these salves, pills and shots but nothing was working. My son saw something that talked about probiotics and how they can help with allergies. I listened to what he said, googled it, saw all the stuff about probiotics and agreed with that. The first item I got from Petlab was the Probiotic Support. Our dog's still on it because he's doing so well. When we started him on those, we went to a new vet with our concerns. They said it was a food allergy. I brought the Petlab jar with me and he looked at it, read the ingredient and said I can keep giving him those. The other thing we've tried is Salmon Treats. He loves them. The only thing is they're a little bit expensive for the size of the package you get.

Hi Nora,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

The products are very nice, but they’re a little expensive, especially long term. It’s just because of the quantity of the dogs that I have. I could do it for one dog but not another. I have four dogs, and I spent a little over $100. It helps some temporarily, but I can’t continue it. Also, right after I made the $100 purchase of the three months' worth, Petlab offered a 30% discount, which I didn’t get to take advantage of. I like the coat thing though, because I got a couple of those cans as well and their coats are nice.

Hi Tomoko,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that our Probiotic Chews, as well as the Skin & Coat Chews, helped your pups. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

My dog's breath stinks, so I was trying to figure out a way to see if there was anything that could help her to improve her breath. I ordered the Dental Formula and one of those dental sticks from Petlab. Their customer service is really good. When I received my first shipment, the bottle was completely open and everything spilled. They immediately shipped me another. The products are not 100% helpful, though. But maybe because her teeth's condition is a little worse. But it helped a little bit and she likes it.

Hi Shun,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Dental Formula is starting to help your pup. We care greatly about our customers and are happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

I got probiotics from Petlab for my dog’s ears. They got a yeast buildup in them all the time and the probiotic’s been keeping them clear. I'd tell others to get the probiotic if they are having problems with their dog's ears because I've been trying some different stuff, cleaning her and changing her food, but none of that worked. Ever since I've been given that probiotic, her ears stay clean.

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup's ears. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Petlab's service is good. They deliver on time and the products work. They're singular products and developed by their own labs. They're as pure as you can trust anything to be, given the nature of media and marketing. The probiotic chews have done the job. It was a remarkable change in the quality of life for our dogs. She had lost most of her coat and her coat came back in normal. She had really itchy skin. She was constantly sort of gnawing at herself and we were pulling our hair out trying to figure out what to do. We have tried multiple products that had not worked. It takes three months to make the product work to give it its full test run. At the three month mark, she was a different dog. She's happy to be on the plan and she plays. Before, she was laying around all the time, feeling miserable and making us feel miserable for her.

Hi Susan,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. We care greatly about our customers and are happy to hear you had a great customer experience. Please reach out to contact@thepetlabco.com should you need further assistance. Thanks again!

Petlab Co. Company Information