4.8/5 (84 ratings)
Author picture
Written by Lorraine Roberte
Edited by Jon Bortin

About Petlab Co.

Petlab Co.’s objective is to keep pets thriving with supplements that support their health. While it has items for both dogs and cats, most of its products are for canines. Petlab’s prices are reasonable, with customers saving the most through its subscription service. The company is committed to using quality ingredients and provides free shipping on all orders.

Pros

• Subscriptions benefits
  • Free delivery
  • Quality ingredients

Cons

• Few cat products
  • Only unopened items are returnable

Bottom Line

Petlab offers various products for pet health and well-being. Delivery is free, but you can’t try an item risk-free, and there are only four cat items available. Subscribers get additional savings and perks.

What is Petlab Co.?

Petlab Co. is a provider of dog and cat supplies, treats, snacks and chews. Its products are designed to tackle problems pets frequently face, such as joint and mobility issues, tartar and plaque buildup and upset stomachs. Petlab focuses on using quality ingredients in its items, such as wild Alaskan salmon oil, pressed berries and premium duck meat. The company formulates its products in the U.S. and ships them at no cost. Petlab offers subscriptions with 25% savings and a host of other benefits.

Petlab subscription

A subscription with Petlab delivers your pet’s products to your door every month and saves you 25%. You also get:

• Discounts on one-time purchases
  • Free access to expert advisors
  • Free expedited delivery
  • Free monthly gifts
  • Early access to new products

There's no membership fee with a subscription, so you only pay for what you buy. You can make changes to your subscription from your online account, including pausing and skipping your next order.

Petlab products

Petlab’s dog products include the following:

• Joint care chews
  • Skin and coat chews
  • Itch relief targeted mousse
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Itch relief shampoo
  • At Ease (for relaxation)
  • Firm Up (for upset stomach)
  • Brain support chews
  • Puppy all-in-one vitamins
  • Aller-Omega Chews (immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory)
  • Omega Pro (probiotic formula)
  • Dog multivitamin
  • Clear eye chews
  • Probiotic chews
  • Senior vitality chews
  • Vitality Pro (for maintaining physical and cognitive abilities)
  • Superfood training treats
  • Salmon bites
  • Digestive support bites

Petlab has a more extensive selection of products for dogs than for cats. It has four items for cats:

• Cat dental formula
  • Joint & UTI support
  • Clear ear therapy
  • Fur ball remedy

Petlab prices

The company’s prices (with a subscription) range from $10.66 to $32.81 for dog items and $11.22 to $31.72 for cat items at the time of publishing. There’s no fee to become a subscriber. Shipping is free on all orders, even for nonsubscribers. Petlab allows returns of unopened products within 30 days for a refund, but it doesn’t specify if return shipping is free.

Petlab Co. FAQ

Can I cancel my Petlab Co. subscription?
Yes, you can cancel your subscription anytime from your online account portal.
How often does my Petlab Co. subscription get delivered?
You can choose to have a Petlab product delivered every month, two months or three months when you make a purchase. You can then change, pause or skip deliveries using your online account.
Can I return Petlab Co. products?
Yes, you can return items within 30 days, but they must be sealed and unopened. You can initiate a return online by filling out a form, and a representative will contact you within 24 to 48 hours.
Where is Petlab Co. located?
Petlab is based in New York City and ships products from its warehouse in Denver.

Is Petlab Co. legit?

Petlab Co. is a legitimate online provider of pet health products, founded and run by passionate pet owners. The company sells a variety of chews, formulas and treats, mainly for dogs. You can buy products with or without a subscription, but members save 25% and get other benefits. The company uses quality ingredients, and prices are reasonable. It’s a smart idea to talk with your pet’s veterinarian before using any of Petlab’s supplements, however.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Petlab Co.?

Original review: July 28, 2022

I heard about Petlab a few years ago. I'm a member of a few animal advocate groups and someone had mentioned that they started giving the supplements for the joints to one of their dogs. I have a dog that I rescued 10 and a half years ago. He was very badly abused. So he had bad joints. He’s a big dog. Before I tried it, I called Petlab customer service and had questions. I was delighted by the way the customer service handled everything. They answered all of my questions. They were wonderful and that had a big impact. After the first month, I saw a difference in him. I decided to go for a second month. I continued to see a difference. I got an email from the founder, asking me what I thought about the product and that impressed me. I decided to go on a subscription because it would be cheaper.

I graduated with their dental formula which has been amazing. I had questions about that and the packaging because I had ordered it from Amazon at one point when I ran out, and it came in a different packaging. It concerned me because of the imitations. I called Petlab and they were very quick to address that. I started using the dental formula, which has worked out amazing. Both of my dogs, for their ages, have amazing teeth and gum.

From there, they developed a probiotic. I give that to my oldest dog and he does wonderful on that. A few months ago, I had a big issue with the joint chews that were coming in because they were coming in all stuck together in one big glob and there was no way to pull them apart. Plus, they were not cheap at all. Especially, for the bigger dog, you have to give more than one. There are only 30 in a container.

I called them and they asked me to send them pictures. I sent them pictures and they immediately called me back and said there was obviously a problem with the packaging and/or the storage of it. They said that they would send me out replacements. They sent me out four jars of replacements, which was amazing. They're a really good company. Additionally, I spoke with my veterinarian about them because I never give anything to my dog that I don't check with my veterinarian first. At the time, he looked them up and he said, “This is a good company. Go ahead and use the product.” So that was good for me, too.

Hi Marietta,

Thank you for your feedback for the Joint Care Chews and Dental Formula we are happy to hear they are working for another pup. We are so happy to have you in our Petlab Co family.

Thanks again!

PetLab Co

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2022

You cannot go wrong with Petlab's joint chews if all your dog is having is just some mobility issues from arthritis. When I first started my Corgi, Jack-Jack, on the joint chews, he was still 13 and within three weeks, he was a whole new dog. He just turned 15 and he's feeling better now than he did two years ago. There was a dramatic improvement. He is running again, not just the little bunny hop he was doing, and he's lost eight pounds because he's able to move around so easily now.

This morning, Jack-Jack wanted his chew ‘cause that's his treat and he loves it. He looks for it. Every morning, he comes and licks me on the leg. It’s like, “I'm ready for my treat.” When I didn't give it, my husband happened to be sitting on the couch, reading something, and Jack-Jack went over to him, jumped up and put his paws on the couch. He hasn't been able to do that in years. This stuff works, and I have recommended it. I’ve got four friends giving their dogs joint chews now. It truly is a great product. I also tried the stuff you put in the water for their breath and their teeth, and that seemed to work, but I wasn't as diligent about it. I got the salmon bites one time, and I like those a lot too, but I don't get those on a regular basis.

I've been getting a subscription for the joint chews for a year, and the whole process is easy. I’m on automatic shipping now, and I really like that Petlab lets me know when it's coming and that I'm about to be charged for it. They’ve got their stuff down. When my order is on its way, I know to go to the mailbox right away to get them so they don't sit there.

Hi Catherine,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Chew is helping Jack-Jack and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I found the probiotics 'cause my German Shepherd, Jethro, had been itching and itching. He didn't start itching like this until after I started him on a certain flea and tick medication brand. I stopped that and we went back to the regular heartworm and sleep stuff. However, the itching didn't stop right away because I didn't realize that it might be the flea and tick medication that was causing it. I started him on the probiotics, which made sense. He doesn't eat poop in the summertime, but he eats frozen poop in the winter. I knew he was not getting something he needed and I'm on what is a pretty good dog food for him. So, I didn't know if it was chicken allergies and I was getting something with no chicken product in it. It just continued.

I got Jethro one Cytopoint injection, but I had him on the Petlab probiotics and I had just also ordered the skin and coat chews for him. Now, he is starting to lick and bite at his feet a little. Nothing like what it had been, and he is so much happier. I should have waited with the Cytopoint injection, so now I can't contribute it to just the Cytopoint injection, the Petlab stuff or a combination. Even before Cytopoint though, on the probiotics, I noticed his appetite was more normal for him and I noticed that change right away. German Shepherds are fussy eaters and before, he had been doing really well, then all of a sudden, he doesn't like to eat this or that food. Overall, Petlab has been wonderful.

I had a package that came open in the mail. When I screwed off the top, there was no seal on the bottle. I thought, "Oh, here we go," because customer service is huge for me, and normally, you just don't find it anywhere. The guys were very responsive and there were no questions asked. "Absolutely. Just send us a photo. We'll send you another package." It was amazing. I would absolutely recommend Petlab in a heartbeat.

Petlab Co. response

Hi Wendy- Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic chews are helping Jethro. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Petlab is fabulous. They care for their customers and their products. One of my dogs is compromised health-wise and has been forever since he was a pup. He's 13 years old and he's had an intestinal thing that we've been bickering back and forth with my vet. Petlab came up with a probiotic and some of the symptoms that my dog had. After a couple of weeks of using their product, I'm noticing significant difference in his attitude, let alone his digestive activity. The licking from pain stopped and he looked like he was alive again.

Petlab is a very big expense for me every month. My dog needs two tablets or sometimes three tablets a day. But I really enjoy everything from them. They also have a vet on hand or somebody that knows these answers, and the blogs. There was this special girl, Melody, who heard my cry about the inability to buy what I needed for my dog and she found a way. She enabled me to get free samples. Also, there was a contest they were running, where we had to take pictures and collaborate a story about this probiotic and the change in your dog. I did this video for 25 minutes about the dog and tried to send it. But for some reason, it was too big to send. I couldn’t send it any kind of way at all. They went back and forth with me with different links and possibilities to get the video sent. It was mostly Melody that was doing this stuff. Finally, it got sent and we were entered even after the deadline. So they’ve really went above and beyond for me.

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I have a dog that constantly itches. She's been on flea meds for years. She never has a flea, but she's always itching anyway. 9 times out of 10, she would start bleeding from biting in the same spots all the time. I got her on the probiotic and within two months, she pretty much ceased to itch. I had purchased the probiotics a few months ago, but somehow, they misconstrued what I was ordering.

I was upset at first 'cause I thought it was a con job. Because I ordered the one and they said, "For no extra price, you could get a second one." I said, "Okay. No problem." I ordered it. I put in the credit card number and it went through. They gave me a confirmation number. But then at the end of all of that, they said that I could save even more money if I ordered four of them. I just figured it went from two to four. I ordered the four, and the next thing I know, I got six and then the next thing I know, I got 12 and it's only been a month. I went back into Petlab and I found my account. I saw how they overlapped the orders. It was not the way I was led to believe the way it was gonna go. I was a little ticked off. But by the time I got down to using all 12 of them, the dogs stopped itching. I said I'll go back to it. But this time, I'm gonna be real careful in how I get it.

Petlab Co. response

Hi Jackie - Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the probiotic chews are helping your pup. We understand how important this is for you and your pet. We offer optional additional discounts for the most cost effective purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience you experience. We are happy to hear it did work out. Please note that it can take 2-3 months for some pets to show improvement. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I get probiotics from Petlab, and my dog seems fine with it. With how my dog reacts to it or how it helps her, it is worth it. She doesn't have GI problems as much as she had before. It's really helped her GI tract. It's beneficial for my dog. She has some unique problems and for her, it's really helped her a lot. She's not sick as often. Petlab's customer service reps are wonderful. They go out of their way to help me.

Hey There Cherly ,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotic Chews are helping your pups and that they are improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I love the Joint Care Chews. It's done absolute wonders for our five-year-old Boxer whose CCL was really strained. He takes two chews a day and about two tubs in, I was like, "Man, he's not having to rest as much." And he's standing up longer. I've seen a tremendous difference with it. I'm happy.

Hi Jamie,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Joint Care Chews are helping your pup and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I was surprised when I got the stuff from Petlab that it was right down from Brodhead Road in Bethlehem. I bought the chewable probiotics for my Lhasa Apso and I watched as I gave it to him, but he was still getting a diarrhea and I lost him on Monday. Petlab told me not to send the probiotics back and they gave me my money back. I donated them to a friend of mine and they’re working well on her Springer Spaniel.

Hi Sherry,

We are deeply sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet.

Thank you for your feedback for the Probiotics we are happy to hear they are working for another pup.

All of the PetLab Co. team sends their deepest condolences to you and your family at this sad time. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 15, 2022

I accidentally ordered two extra bottles for my pet's stinky breath and I contacted them. They couldn't cancel it, but they were nice enough to give us half price on the order. When I got the order, one of the bottles was opened and had leaked all over everything. So, they sent me another bottle. Their customer service was very good. And my pet's breath doesn't stink, too. But the delivery could have come quicker. It was a week and a half and that was a little bit long.

Hi Ruth,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Dental Formula is helping your pup and that he is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

PetLab Co.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I bought the joint supplements, the probiotics, and an oil. I also got the paw balm for my pet's feet and I accidentally didn't know that I was on the subscription for that, so I kept getting that too frequently. I contacted Petlab, told them that I have too many already, and to please stop sending them. Other than that, everything's been working well and I would tell others to give them a try. They're not going to see results right away, but after a good five months, I started seeing my pet walking better, eating better, going to the bathroom better. And she doesn't look like she's in pain. She's very old already and I'm very happy with the results.

Hi Cystalina,

Thank you so much for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the Probiotics are helping your pup and that she is improving and happy. Please reach out to us at thepetlabco.com/contact-us should you need any assistance. Thanks again!

Petlab Co. Company Information