3.98/5
Based on 245 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a pet store?

Lynbrook, NY

For the last 30 years, Shake A Paw has provided the best products and the most extensive selection of puppies to over 30,000 families. Shake a Paw’s pet consultants work seven days a week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your new puppy. We have two locations in New York: Hicksville and Lynbrook, that also carry supplies, accessories, food, crates, toys and more. Visit our website today to learn more!

287 Shake A Paw Puppies Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 29, 2019

I recently bought a Cocker Spaniel puppy at Shake A Paw in Hicksville. I had a wonderful experience with all the workers and any questions or concerns I had about my puppy were always answered with a smile. I can't say enough about the positive experience I had buying a dog from them and I get so much joy from this beautiful dog!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

The help was friendly and helpful, puppies were so cute I wish I could take them all home with me. Store was well maintained and I would recommend them. I had no difficulty finding what I needed. They have a wide selection of products for your pets needs.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This is my second purchase from Shake a Paw. I've never had any issues with them and they have always been accommodating. Because I was a previous buyer they gave me a discount plus the discount from the coupon. They had a variety of puppies to choose from but I went in knowing what I wanted. I would definitely recommend them to a friend or relative.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We were looking to buy a bunny and since it was our first pet, we had loads of questions and the staff was really helpful!! Especially a worker named Emily who helped us through all the way! She made the experience really amazing and easy.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

During my experience in Shake A Paw the workers were so helpful when I was picking out the fifth member of my family. My new dog Stella. They were so helpful and helped me find the perfect dog that me and my family wanted. They let me sit in rooms alone with different dog to find the perfect one. I’m so happy I went to shake a paw to get my beautiful dog Stella.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I got my Goldendoodle puppy from Shake a Paw and had no issues with the puppy and purchasing him was easy and exciting! They took care of him and made sure he was groomed, feed and healthy before he came he came to his new home. He came home healthy and stayed healthy. They were very helpful and would recommend purchasing a puppy from them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My husband found our short-haired dachshund Molly on the Shake-A-Paw website. He and my daughter surprised me with the visit to the store, which is an awesome presentation in its surroundings. My favorite area in the store was the puppy display. There were so many varieties of dogs to chooses from. The dogs all looked to be well fed, happy and clean. I would highly recommend the Hicksville Shake-A-Paws store to friends and family members searching for quality puppies at decent pricing.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

First let me just say I've never had such a great experience in my life. Chris, who sold me my love Chloe, was an amazing, respectful, humorous and blunt man! He told it how it was, and was amazing! Thank you Chris!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

James was great helping find our puppy. Great place and our vet said our puppy had been well taken care of. Price for the puppy was good the store was clean and the puppies were brushed and happy and playful.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

The staff at Shake A Paw was very informative and very patient with us. Answered all of our questions before and after the purchase of our new puppy. All of their puppies looked very well taken care of. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought my Jack Russel, Sammy, from here and he's absolutely the best dog in the world! The staff here was so helpful and found us the perfect Jack that we bonded with the best! Now my friends and I will go there when we are stressed and go look at the puppies! James is the nicest and personally came over and talked to my friend and I and let us play with cutest puppy! I will always go to them and HIGHLY recommend!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Shake a Paw helped us pick out a great companion pup. Really friendly staff and a great place to look for pets as well as food and supplies. I enjoyed my experience and enjoy returning to Shake a Paw for great service.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Dogs are akc certified. Very clean and organized place to shop for a puppy. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. Help me picked up supplies after I bought my puppy since I was the first time owner of a puppy. Very patient customer service every time I go back to shop. Everybody in the store says hi to my puppy since they still remember him. Haha. All in all, if any of my friends looking for a pet I’d recommend them to take a look at this place before they make a decision. Below is my cutie pie. He is 3.5 month old now.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I wanted to write a review to tell people about my experience at Shake A Paw. It started with just a trip to shake a paw to see the puppies. We were greeted by Bryan who was extremely helpful, friendly and a pleasure to talk to. He introduced us to a Mini Australian Shepard who we fell in love with immediately and decided to purchase. We then met James the manager was also extremely nice, helpful and a pleasure to interact with. My experience was 5 star and I recommend shake a paw to anyone looking to bring home a new member of the family!!

Original review: June 3, 2018

McHaela the associate was great in finding us our forever puppy and also helped us with giving information on how to take care of him and also telling us everything we needed for him. I would definitely recommend this place to friends.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Wow great place to buy a puppy!! Brian was so great helping us with our purchase. He helped us with all our questions. They even said we can call any time while they are open to ask for help. If your looking to buy a dog please try them first if not see them before you buy. Really are friendly and helpful.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Purchased our fourth dog recently and the experience was quick and easy. The staff treated us well and was helpful with our questions. We were able to purchase all the supplies we needed and whenever we go in they continue to be very helpful and insightful.

Original review: March 24, 2018

It’s a wonderful place to go, my friend and I went there and she fell in love instantly. It’s a wonder establishment to go to. They have my blessing. The workers are very kind and they teach you everything you need to know about your dog.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Adopted a 4 month old mini dachshund, she's been everything we've wanted and more. Her dewclaw was incorrectly removed, and Shake a Paw paid for its removal. They recommended a wonderful vet, who we love. Side note - we went in every Saturday for several months simply to play with puppies before we found the perfect one. Shake a Paw was very patient with us during this process and helped us pick out the best puppy.

Original review: March 6, 2018

My girlfriend and I are in the market for a Puppy. After spending a decent amount of time in the Lynbrook store yesterday deciding which puppy we like best, my girlfriend asked to play with a puppy. We asked a male sales Rep which told us we had to ask another female sales rep. When the female sales rep approached us and we asked to play with the puppy, her response was “are you sure you really want to play with this puppy? They get sick very often so you probably shouldn’t.” I told her that we were seriously interested and finally she let my girlfriend play with the puppy. My girlfriend went in the booth with the puppy and I stood outside looking in. The female sales rep left and the male sales rep came over. I asked him how much a different puppy was and he looked at me and responded “a lot” which I was offended by.

I let the comment slide without saying anything, but then he began to make more demeaning comments which caught me off guard since we had no other previous interactions which would have brought about this behavior and my girlfriend and I were serious about bringing the dog home. At this point I was bothered by his comments so I responded “why wouldn’t you tell me how much the other dog was?”. He responded saying “because I know you wouldn’t have bought it”. At this point I was so bothered that I had my girlfriend give the dog back and we left the store and she was crying the whole way home because of the situation and how badly she wanted the puppy. This was unacceptable and unwarranted behavior by the sales rep and I hope that Shake A Paw fixes this problem.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

We purchased our Basset Hound, Caramel, from Shake-A-Paw. Kez was friendly and very helpful. She made sure we had all the items we needed for Caramel. Caramel made a wonderful transition to his new home and sends many licks to Kez for her help.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We have had such wonderful experiences with your Hicksville Shake a Paw. We first went to Hicksville for a dog and bought a mastiff, then we returned a year later and got a Frenchie. Today James helped us again and we now have another Frenchie. Thank you for hiring such wonderful, knowledgeable and caring staff! It is nice to walk in and see the same friendly faces.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

My girlfriend and I had made a short list of puppies that we thought would be a good fit for us and our apartment. The staff was very helpful and helped us make an informed decision about the best puppy for us. We ended up spending a number of hours with the puppy we picked and the staff answered lots of our questions and were very patient with us! He's very socialized and friendly, and it's obvious they take great care of the puppies. We recently went back to visit, and our puppy was so excited to see the staff!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I walked into Shake A Paw with my dog recently with the intent of finding a treat for my dog. They have an edited selection, as their focus is more on selling puppies than on being a pet supplies store. I was able to find a yummy treat for my dog, and the staff was very friendly to me and my dog.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

The entire staff at Shake-A-Paw is fantastic. Most notably, Tina, a customer service rep, who works at Shake-A-Paw, greeted us and gave us thorough responses to our inquiries about the different dog breeds located at this store. I was very grateful and I look forward to making a purchase at her store.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

This store is the best. Dominick gave us incredible service. He is so knowledgeable. Best salesman ever. James, the manager, could not have been nicer. I would recommend Shake A Paw in Hicksville to anyone with pet needs. We left another pet store, came here and got the most precious morki. This is a 5-star store. You will love it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Best decision of a lifetime was going to Shake A Paw on a Sunday. We found our baby boy (Yorkie Poo) that my wife and I fell in love with. The Shake a Paw team members made it very easy for us to be approved and go home with our baby the next day. The Vet visits were covered as we were told and also received help from the crew in training. Thank You so much for making this decision memorable!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We recently purchased our 10-week old Teddy Bear puppy from Shake a Paw. We had excellent service and the staff was very knowledgeable in getting us ready to take her home - Anthony was super helpful! They went over carefully her daily routine, what the first couple weeks would be like and supplied us with all the necessities she needed. I would recommend anyone looking for a puppy to stop by and chat with the staff! Great puppy selection, as well as other animals; i.e. cats, fish, rabbits.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Everyone is very helpful at your store and you have all the best brands that I want for my two dogs. From buying my pups to shopping there for them it’s always a great experience. The staff is always so polite and helpful and suggests the best items for my dogs. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I live in Lynbrook and have been to this store hundreds of times. Each time has been extremely positive experience. The staff is extremely nice and knowledgeable not only about all their puppies but all their products as well. Besides the super staff, the store itself is extremely clean and they are constantly cleaning out the puppy playpens. I went in today to return an item but couldn't find my receipt. Tina went above and beyond for such a little item - but that is customer service at its finest!!!

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Information