toll free

Lynbrook, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Had a great experience 14 years ago when we purchased our Wheaten Terrier and last week purchased our new addition a Yo-Shon (Yorkie/Bichon). Corey was awesome, friendly, knowledgeable as was the rest of the staff! Whenever we go, they are always on top of the puppies, cleaning out the doggie dens and maintaining the store.

This is the best pet store ever. "Shake a Paw" has the best dogs with reasonable prices. I bought my dog from here and it's been a joy. You walk in and it's like puppy world! Please come in and make a puppy yours.

The most wonderful pet store in all of Long Island. The customer service was great. TINA is an excellent sales person. Shake A Paw in Lynbrook is one of best care place for dogs... I love my french bulldog. She is amazing??? I have a wonderful experience here.

It was a good experience, getting a puppy for the first time could be stressful. But Tina was very helpful, she answered all our questions, and help us decide which puppy fitted better our criteria. Very polite, sweet and professional. Thank you Tina for all your help and dedication.

I had the best experience at Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. Tina was my puppy consultant and helped me pick out my best friend. Place is just amazing!!! This place is one of the cleanest puppy stores I ever been to, no smell and pups look very clean!!! I recommend this place if you want to have a good experience and a healthy pup.

I went with my family to look at an English Mastiff puppy, the store was very clean and they had a lot of people working to keep the puppies cages clean. There was no smell at all and the rooms to play with the pups was very clean. The staff was all very friendly and welcoming. We dealt with the manager James who was real nice and helpful. We never felt rushed or pressured.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

This is our second puppy we got from Shake A Paw in Hicksville and love them. James was so helpful and polite. He is a world of knowledge about dogs. They have a great policy regarding new puppies. So if you are like let's looking for a new four legged companion I recommend Shake A Paw.

Tina at the Lynbrook store was extremely helpful and sensitive to our very first dog buying experience! Although we ended up buying him in Hicksville, we went back to Lynbrook to buy supplies from Tina... We will do all of our future business with Tina, she's an absolute lovely young lady!!

I have been going to Shake A Paw for years. We have purchased bearded dragons, dogs and fish from them and many other products that go along with the purchase. Friendly staff and knowledgeable. James is always pleasant, smiling and helps out customers when buying products. We receive discounts and great customer service. Thank you shake a paw.

Thank you Tina for your assistance in buying my first puppy!!! Tina was an exceptional sales person. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful!! I would definitely recommend Shake A Paw in Lynbrook to friends and family... Great selection and very clean facility.

I would recommend this place to everyone. Tina was very helpful and pleasant. I would refer everyone to buy their pets here. Very professional, the facility was very clean. I originally went to the Hicksville location and they were very rude, and I was thinking not to even give my business to the Lynbrook location but I'm glad I did.

I had an AMAZING experience with Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. Tina was our puppy consultant who was able to answer all of our questions and showed us all the different breeds that would be good for our family. Tina showed us an 8 week old Pug Beagle mix (Puggle) which we fell in love with. We never owned a dog before and she made sure we were comfortable (also taught our children how to care for the pup!!!). Buster is now a 6 month old pup and we are ready to visit Shake A Paw for our second Puggle!!! Recommend this place 100%!!!

I had the best experience at Shake A Paw Puppies. I went in to just look and fell in love with a Bulldog. Tina was great. She was not pushy and answered any question I had. We left with our little girl the same day. The presentation of how they wrap them in receiving blankets and bows was like the feeling the day I took my son home from the hospital. Def would recommend this place to everyone. Thanks Tina.

We worked with Anthony at the Hicksville Shake A Paw when we were buying our new puppy. He was outstanding, and our puppy is amazing. He spent plenty of time with us answering all of our questions and even giving us some VERY useful training tips. All the other employees we have dealt with since have been just as knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you shake a paw for a great experience.

I would highly recommend Shake a Paw to anyone looking to get a new puppy. The salesman that helped us was very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Anthony at the Hicksville store is who we dealt with. He helped us significantly as first time puppy owners we had many questions. We love our new puppy. She is great.

Purchased our bunny from Tina. She was amazing and very helpful, informative and sweet! She was gentle with the bunnies and answered all of my questions and concerns. Would highly recommend her and your store to friends and customers. Thanks again!

Our experience with the staff at Shake a Paw was great! We purchased our Mini Australian shepherd 7 months ago and could not be happier. We had the pleasure of working with KEVIN and will definitely consider Shake a Paw for our next Puppy purchase. We bring Ryder back from time to time to say hi and grab some toys. Thanks again everyone at Shake a Paw!

I was told puppy (13 week old cavalier King Charles spaniel) was on ** as treatment for kennel cough. I was advised they would bring him to vet for ok for sale. They refused stating he had not coughed for over 36 hours. Two and a half days after sale he was admitted for treatment of pneumonia, worms, and parasites with 5 days of iv antibiotics, nebulizer and three diarrhea meds. Not surprisingly, they refuse to release his medical records to me. Weeks of diligent home care are now necessary to return him to health.

It was a great experience. This was my second time buying a Chow Chow puppy from Shake A Paw. I felt the puppy was cared for and loved at Shake A Paw. Tina really cared for and showed concern for the puppies' health and well being. She made sure we were the right fit for the dog and he was right for us. The puppy is happy and healthy at home. Thank you.

We purchased our American Eskimo Dog at Shake A Paw in Hicksville and this place is GREAT! The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The dogs are well taken care of and if any issues arise, they offer services through a local vet. We used the vet services as the puppy developed a cough and they covered the visits, even after the 2 week coverage period as they stand by their word. They are a reputable place and care about their animals.

My husband and I recently decided to expand our family. We went to Shake A Paw to find a puppy and while we didn't walk out with one this weekend we did decide that during the next long break we have- that we would come back for our pup. We love the pups there and the service we received.

Tina is one of the best workers. She is great with us. Always happy. Has a smile on her face. She already know us because we go there a lot and want to work with her because she is just so great with helping us with all of our pet needs. We (my wife and I) are very happy with her services.

I am extremely satisfied by the outstanding customer service at this Shake A Paw location. I have acquired two bunnies from there with the help of an amazing employee named Tina. She has been very diligent and put a lot of thought into making sure I had the right bunnies for me and my family, as well as give a truly unforgettable customer experience.

Thank you Tina. She was extremely professional and helpful. She called to let me know the puppy I was interested in was actually arriving. Received my cockerpoo clean and healthy. Explained all care and training techniques. Made herself available for questions after sale. Thanks again. This was my second puppy from Shake A Paw.

I got a toy poodle from the Shake A Paw store near our house six months ago and I had no problems at all. The overall cleanliness and appearance of the store was very good. Their staff was very good. I still go in there to buy dog food and they always take care of me. I am very happy with them.

The worker I dealt with when I bought my Shorkie was Tina. She was very helpful, courteous and knowledgeable throughout the sales process. I have been back to the store for supplies and she is always cheerful and willing to help me with whatever I need for Chewie.

I have gotten two beautiful dogs from shake a paw. I got a border collie named Stefan there about two years ago and he has brought so much love to our family, it's priceless. I just recently got a black lab named Harley for my dad for Christmas, and that was a success as well. I would highly recommend SHAKE A PAW!!

We were looking for a specific type of puppy and Shake a Paw was one of the pet stores that was within our area that had it. So we went to their Hicksville location and the store was very clean and well-kept. We got a Cavapoo, he's delicious and we love him. The reps also gave us all the stuff that we would need to care for him and provided a full week's worth of vet care after the purchase of the dog. They did a nice job and we had a really good experience. As a matter of fact, we're looking into getting another dog from them. I know that their reputation is not the same as the experience that we had but because of the reputation, we felt that we should do our due diligence with our puppy after purchasing it. We brought him right away to the vet to make sure everything was okay with him and that he was healthy.

It was our first time getting a pup. Our experience at Shake a Paw couldn't have been better. All the staff was knowledgeable and helpful especially Chris. He had answers to all of our questions and we liked that he was honest with us the whole way through. He had a clear passion and guided us to find the perfect dog! We are proud owners of a red and white shiba inu named Titan. Thanks again to Chris for all your help and making this experience one we will never forget. Happy Holidays!

My daughter bought a puppy from Shake a Paw. She liked it and so I went online myself and everything just went from there. My puppy's a Mini Hippo which is a Cocker Spaniel Shar-Pei mix and he's now two years old. I dealt with other stores before and Shake a Paw was pretty good. I would recommend them.

I adopted a dog from a friend and they got the dog from Shake a Paw Puppies. I was looking for a rescue dog of the same breed which is not that common, so I checked with them if they had any. When I went over there, I liked what I saw in terms of the environment. The dogs were in open pens there. The puppies can be seen in a more natural environment amongst themselves playing and frolicking. Even the ones that were enclosed and in smaller containers, they were clean and well-maintained and the animals looked to be in good health and in good condition. All of their eyes were clear, they didn't spit and there was no smell even when you took the mouth. The animals looking healthy was an indication of having maintained it off-hours as well. My neighbors who have young dogs got their dogs there too and they also had very good things to say.

The staff was extremely helpful, not pushy. They were feeling me out as much as I was looking at the dogs and feeling them out as well. They asked very good questions to get a sense of how I would be as a pet owner and what my experience trouble would be. I was very pleased with the fact that they were questioning me as well. They want to make sure that she got a good home.

They would make suggestions based upon what my lifestyle was and needs for and what I was looking for in terms of a family member of an animal species. They gave me guidance as she got older what her food and needs would be or recommended based on their experience. In addition, the pens were constantly being cleaned while I was there - people mopping the floor and wiping it down. They have attendants there and as soon as one of the animal pets gone to the bath and they were in there changing the paper.

Almost all of the people that worked there are big time animal lovers with multiple dogs or animals in their own household. They shared their best practice tips and different things. A lot of them do training on the side. Even though I didn't engage enough with training, they offered that guidance free just upon having conversations with them. I got that sense from everyone that I dealt with. They were all very engaged and they always ask about the dog. My dog's name is Betty White, an American Eskimo, and they always remembered her name and who I was. They all enjoyed what they do.

They also gave a recommendation about the vet that they work with and they were selective. They didn't just choose anybody. I love the vet so much and I've been using my other vet for over 30 years. I'm now using this vet. The vet said that he sees a lot of dogs from that location that are all in good condition. He said that my dog is another one from that location that didn't come to him with Kennel cough which dogs can get so easily from everywhere. Also, when you get the dog, you get the first three months of free vet visits and the follow-up shots.

The puppy is a year old and she has quite a personality. She's a very happy and well-adjusted dog. I've gone back there since the original purchase for the food and various other items like leashes. They offered a full-service pet store with items that as your dog grows you'd find helpful. I needed to get bigger harnesses and they helped fit the dog with the proper size and also one that would best meet her in entry levels.

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Profile