Find a Pet Stores partner

Lynbrook, NY

4.0/5 (268 ratings)
Find a Pet Stores partner

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

About Shake A Paw Puppies

For the last 30 years, Shake A Paw has provided the best products and the most extensive selection of puppies to over 30,000 families. Shake a Paw’s pet consultants work seven days a week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your new puppy. We have two locations in New York: Hicksville and Lynbrook, that also carry supplies, accessories, food, crates, toys and more. Visit our website today to learn more!

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Shake A Paw Puppies Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

We bought our puppy here during Covid. I was very concerned about buying from a pet store but it was an awesome experience. We got our 9 week old puppy from shake a paw who is nothing but a healthy bundle of joy... and now 10 months old. I am so happy to have this amazing fur baby. Thanks Shake a Paw!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

We purchased our dog from Shake-A-Paw two years ago this November! I am a first time dog owner, my husband grew up with dogs his whole life, and Tom was able to answer all of my questions and left me feeling confident!! Since, I have gone back countless times to pick up food, bedding, toys, treats, and all of my dog's other needs. Everyone is always so friendly and helpful!! Highly recommend!!

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

James & Kevin were extremely helpful in providing the best service possible. They were very knowledgeable on the care of my new puppy. They provided many tips to ensure my puppy would be happy and healthy. I visited many pet stores to find the perfect dog for me. I can’t thank James & Kevin enough for helping me and finding my forever friend

Original review: July 2, 2020

Got my precious Miniature Schnauzer from there and I couldn’t be happier. The staff there was so patient and helpful to me. They gave me lots of information to help me take care of my pup. Every time I go there to pick up some treats, I always feel welcomed. I would highly recommend them if you're looking for a new furry friend.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased my Shetland Sheepdog August 2019. He has been in excellent health when I bought him and still today. The staff was great. Spencer is so smart sweet loving and supportive. He is fully house-trained. He did it in two weeks. Today he is a service support dog. You can never ask for a better dog. I plan on purchasing a female shelty for him as a companion. And again from Shake A Paw in Hicksville.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

Second time using Shake a Paw for our maltipoo. Tina and the rest of the crew were fantastic. We only came back because we had such a great time with our first dog, who’s been a dream. Tina and the rest of the team answered all our questions and handled our maltipoo perfectly. We’d come back a third time!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2021

It’s tough to walk in here without leaving with a new puppy. Tina was a tremendous help the first puppy we bought and gave the same high quality service the second time around. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for their next fur baby.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

We bought a Shih Tzu puppy from Tina from Lynbrook Shake a Paw a year ago. It is the first year anniversary. The puppy is healthy and doing great. It was a memorable experience to buy a puppy from here and thanks to Tina.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

I really appreciate the service and attention that I was given, while looking for the perfect dog for me. Tina was extremely helpful and patient. She provided me with all of the information I needed to comfortably pick the perfect dog for me. I loved the services that I received. My experience was great.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Avoid at all costs! My boyfriend recently bought me a Boxer puppy from this place. 3 days later the puppy became critically ill. We took the puppy to the vet of Shake a Paw's choosing where we were told the puppy was so sick she needed to be rushed to a 24 hour emergency care. We later found out that the puppy had HERPES, PNEUMONIA, and MYCOPLASMA. Even after a vet sent an official Certification of Unfit Sale meaning that the puppy should have never been sold, Shake a Paw is still refusing to give us a refund. We found out from the vet that it is state law that the pet store has to refund us the money and it has been past their window of opportunity to return us the money and still nothing. Shake a Paw still has the dog and yet we have no dog and no refund. Absolutely disgusting place.

Tom, one of the manager, is one of the rudest and unprofessional people I have ever met. When requesting a refund Tom refused and denied us from speaking to the owner, another manager or anyone else from the store. We refuse to accept another dog from this place as there has been countless people complaining of infectious and serious diseases. One quick search to the Better Business Bureau and you will find how many official complaints have been filed against this business. I urge you not to get a puppy from here. Oh! And if you check their website it says they are "ConsumerAffairs authorized" yet once you come on ConsumerAffairs you can see that is not correct.

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Information