toll free

Lynbrook, NY
toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Had a great experience 14 years ago when we purchased our Wheaten Terrier and last week purchased our new addition a Yo-Shon (Yorkie/Bichon). Corey was awesome, friendly, knowledgeable as was the rest of the staff! Whenever we go, they are always on top of the puppies, cleaning out the doggie dens and maintaining the store.

Best pet store I've ever been to. Last Monday, 5/15, was our second time visiting this Shake a Paw. My boyfriend, son and I went in to get some new fish for our fish tank. This is also why we went the first time. Last time as well as this, our experience was superb. Michaela was working that day, an expert on fish with several tanks of her own. She helped us pick out a new filter, which is still working great. She told us which fish we could get and mix with the ones we had, as well as which ones we shouldn't. She was very polite and professional.

The fish are much healthier than the last time we got some from PetSmart; which didn't last very long. Our tank is still thriving. We also went to see some puppies. While we were doing that, James came over and we had a chat about puppies. He brought one puppy out for our toddler to pet. He was very friendly and courteous. I recommend this store to all my friends considering pets or pet supplies. Will be visiting again.

We had a great experience here. We bought a Mini Goldendoodle and it was the best purchase ever! Tina was extremely helpful! The store was clean and in great conditions. They had a wide selection of supplies and treats to buy which greatly helped us out as we were brand new owners.

Always a pleasure to deal Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. The staff are friendly & knowledgeable. I bought almost all my dogs and cats and my boss and I are very happy with our decision. Tina has helped us many times & look forward to visiting again.

My spouse and I went to the store and we liked a Husky. The stuff at this store are so nice and are willing to help with the process. Thank you Tina, Kristin and all the staff for a great unique experience. Thank you very much.

My husband and I got purchased our dog at this store about 5 years ago and have been shopping here ever since. The store is clean and whether we are there to get dog/cat food or to just see some adorable puppies, the staff is super friendly. Special thanks to Tina for always being so helpful!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

I bought my puppy a Havapoo at Shake A Paw 7 years ago and have been going there since to buy food, treats and toys. I recently went there and Cathy took care of me, I must say she has the most wonderful smile and attitude. It doesn't surprise me because I have never had a problem there in seven years. They have a large stock of pet items and everything is in plain site. Thank you Shake a paw and Cathy for being the best.

My family has purchased 4 puppies from Shake A Paw over the last 12 years or so, and each and every experience has been a positive one. 4 great dogs and excellent help from the store personnel. We have also purchased supplies, food and related items, and will return in the future.

I went to the store back in January/2017 and got me a Siberian Husky (Duke). The staff were so helpful and nice. They walked me thru the whole process. I love the customer service and how helpful they are. Thank you Kristin, Tina and every employee at the store for making this experience exceptional. Thanks.

Always a pleasure to visit Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. The staff are friendly & knowledgeable. I bought my dog Bailey 4 years ago & are very happy with our decision. Tna has helped us many times & look forward to visiting again.

I bought my puppy from Shake A Paw 13 years ago. She was a Goldendoodle. The best dog ever. I lost her 1 year ago and They in fact found the right dog for me. Beautiful Labradoodle, boy, chocolate brown with a sweet kind disposition. Tina took great care of him while he was waiting to come home. She trained him to sit and brushed him every day. It's a very trustworthy place which is hard to find when looking for an important member of your family. Super place, long history of being in business, great staff and great quality puppies.

Couldn't be happier. Feel like they only have high quality breeds, staff exceptional, James and Anthony went out of their way to help and make it as easy as possible with advice. Thank you. It was a very clean and organized store, did not feel prices for accessories were high, was given 2 toys as a gift the puppy plays with constantly. Thanks.

Approximately two years ago, I went to Shake A Paw to get a new addition to the family. Tina was an absolute delight in ensuring I found and connected with the right pup. We brought home our puppy the same day. He was healthy at the time of purchase and remains so now.

Best place to purchase your new family member. The staff is very helpful and patient. They are willing to go the extra mile for you. Anything you need ask for Cathy. She is the best! I needed a certain type of dog food for my dog and they did not have it, she went right ahead and order it for me. Made me and my puppy feel real special. They are simply the best puppy store out here.

Our experience was great. The staff was kind and helpful. We bought our puppy but selected to not bring her home for a week based on our schedule. Each time we visited Shake A Paw, the staff was wonderful and our puppy was so well cared for. Our puppy is healthy and adorable and we are thrilled with our new addition to our family.

I purchased a mini aussie and she is a great dog! I am extremely happy with the service provided here. Shake A Paw always stands behind their promises and contracts. Kathy and all of the other employees are always willing to help their customers.

This is the best pet store ever. "Shake a Paw" has the best dogs with reasonable prices. I bought my dog from here and it's been a joy. You walk in and it's like puppy world! Please come in and make a puppy yours.

The most wonderful pet store in all of Long Island. The customer service was great. TINA is an excellent sales person. Shake A Paw in Lynbrook is one of best care place for dogs... I love my french bulldog. She is amazing??? I have a wonderful experience here.

It was a good experience, getting a puppy for the first time could be stressful. But Tina was very helpful, she answered all our questions, and help us decide which puppy fitted better our criteria. Very polite, sweet and professional. Thank you Tina for all your help and dedication.

I had the best experience at Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. Tina was my puppy consultant and helped me pick out my best friend. Place is just amazing!!! This place is one of the cleanest puppy stores I ever been to, no smell and pups look very clean!!! I recommend this place if you want to have a good experience and a healthy pup.

I went with my family to look at an English Mastiff puppy, the store was very clean and they had a lot of people working to keep the puppies cages clean. There was no smell at all and the rooms to play with the pups was very clean. The staff was all very friendly and welcoming. We dealt with the manager James who was real nice and helpful. We never felt rushed or pressured.

This is our second puppy we got from Shake A Paw in Hicksville and love them. James was so helpful and polite. He is a world of knowledge about dogs. They have a great policy regarding new puppies. So if you are like let's looking for a new four legged companion I recommend Shake A Paw.

Tina at the Lynbrook store was extremely helpful and sensitive to our very first dog buying experience! Although we ended up buying him in Hicksville, we went back to Lynbrook to buy supplies from Tina... We will do all of our future business with Tina, she's an absolute lovely young lady!!

I have been going to Shake A Paw for years. We have purchased bearded dragons, dogs and fish from them and many other products that go along with the purchase. Friendly staff and knowledgeable. James is always pleasant, smiling and helps out customers when buying products. We receive discounts and great customer service. Thank you shake a paw.

Thank you Tina for your assistance in buying my first puppy!!! Tina was an exceptional sales person. She was very knowledgeable and very helpful!! I would definitely recommend Shake A Paw in Lynbrook to friends and family... Great selection and very clean facility.

I would recommend this place to everyone. Tina was very helpful and pleasant. I would refer everyone to buy their pets here. Very professional, the facility was very clean. I originally went to the Hicksville location and they were very rude, and I was thinking not to even give my business to the Lynbrook location but I'm glad I did.

I had an AMAZING experience with Shake A Paw in Lynbrook. Tina was our puppy consultant who was able to answer all of our questions and showed us all the different breeds that would be good for our family. Tina showed us an 8 week old Pug Beagle mix (Puggle) which we fell in love with. We never owned a dog before and she made sure we were comfortable (also taught our children how to care for the pup!!!). Buster is now a 6 month old pup and we are ready to visit Shake A Paw for our second Puggle!!! Recommend this place 100%!!!

I had the best experience at Shake A Paw Puppies. I went in to just look and fell in love with a Bulldog. Tina was great. She was not pushy and answered any question I had. We left with our little girl the same day. The presentation of how they wrap them in receiving blankets and bows was like the feeling the day I took my son home from the hospital. Def would recommend this place to everyone. Thanks Tina.

We worked with Anthony at the Hicksville Shake A Paw when we were buying our new puppy. He was outstanding, and our puppy is amazing. He spent plenty of time with us answering all of our questions and even giving us some VERY useful training tips. All the other employees we have dealt with since have been just as knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you shake a paw for a great experience.

I would highly recommend Shake a Paw to anyone looking to get a new puppy. The salesman that helped us was very knowledgeable, friendly and patient. Anthony at the Hicksville store is who we dealt with. He helped us significantly as first time puppy owners we had many questions. We love our new puppy. She is great.

Purchased our bunny from Tina. She was amazing and very helpful, informative and sweet! She was gentle with the bunnies and answered all of my questions and concerns. Would highly recommend her and your store to friends and customers. Thanks again!

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Profile