2. Pets
  3. Pet Stores

Lynbrook, NY

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

For the last 30 years, Shake A Paw has provided the best products and the most extensive selection of puppies to over 30,000 families. Shake a Paw’s pet consultants work seven days a week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your new puppy. We have two locations in New York: Hicksville and Lynbrook, that also carry supplies, accessories, food, crates, toys and more. Visit our website today to learn more!

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Find your favorite pet products today

Shop now on Chewy

Visit Website

Shake A Paw Puppies Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

Original review: July 23, 2020

Going to Shake-a-Paw for the first time for my first pet it was honestly a wonderful experience, Ed and Tina are the best they explained everything to me in a very respectful way and you can really see their passion for all the pets and the customers. 5 stars for me!!!

Original review: July 2, 2020

Got my precious Miniature Schnauzer from there and I couldn’t be happier. The staff there was so patient and helpful to me. They gave me lots of information to help me take care of my pup. Every time I go there to pick up some treats, I always feel welcomed. I would highly recommend them if you're looking for a new furry friend.

Get buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Our experience was an awesome one. We love our puppy. She is so cute and lovable. Dylan made sure our process in buying the dog was easy and the process went well. We were given all of her information and most of all she was already chipped so I didn't have to worry about that expense at a later time.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I purchased my Shetland Sheepdog August 2019. He has been in excellent health when I bought him and still today. The staff was great. Spencer is so smart sweet loving and supportive. He is fully house-trained. He did it in two weeks. Today he is a service support dog. You can never ask for a better dog. I plan on purchasing a female shelty for him as a companion. And again from Shake A Paw in Hicksville.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We are so ecstatic with our Shih Tzu puppy we got from Shake A Paw in Hicksville. She is perfect in every way and an extremely loving animal. We are first time puppy owners so we needed a lot of help and attention. The staff there is terrific and we dealt primarily with Alexia and Mottaela. They helped us get all of the necessary equipment and explained what we needed to do with feeding, crating and training her to become housebroken. Since this has been such a positive experience we wanted to share it with others. We highly recommend Shake A Paw in Hicksville because they are knowledgeable, caring and patient.

Original review: July 3, 2020

6/30/20. Tina assisted us in finding our Golden Retriever puppy. She was patient and knowledgeable. She provided us with many options. The staff also assisted us with carrying everything around the corner for car service pick up. Prices are a little high, but service is outstanding. Mahalo Tina.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Ed & Tina helped me get a beautiful baby girl puppy. She is a such a good girl. And I love the fact that I chose to get her from this place because it was first love at sight. Thank you so much for having this place.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Shake A Paw's reputation will go down in history as the WORST pet store on Long Island. Within a week of buying my puppy I brought her to her first vet visit and they told me she had a heart murmur. 5 weeks later she was hospitalized breathing only with oxygen as her lungs were filled with fluid. She died at just 15 weeks, yes 15 weeks. Their own recommended veterinarian/animal hospitals BOTH told me the store knowingly sold me a dog with cardiogenic pulmonary edema who ultimately died from heart failure. Countless vets certified the dog was unfit for sale and their animal hospitals see dogs die from their store on a regular basis.

If you're thinking of buying a pet from this store or the one in Hicksville check out the MANY beware of SCAM articles that have been written recently **. ALL explaining they are known to sell sick dogs. No one should ever have to lose a pet and be told by medical professionals. SHAKE A PAW HAS NO BUSINESS SELLING DOGS. Store owner Jake who mentioned he'd been in the business of selling dogs for 30 years flat out told me, "Tough luck getting anything more than an apology out of us. That's how we make the money". Shame on you Shake a Paw.

Shake A Paw Puppies response

This review is 100% percent a lie and we have the proof to back it up by the Licencesed Veterinarians that took care of this puppy. The puppy was sold on March 21, 2020. This puppy was deemed healthy on numerous occasions and even several days before the puppy passed away by the customers own Veterinarian when the puppy was given another set of puppy vaccinations. The puppy choked on something and was rushed to the hospital, we have proof that this has nothing to due with the store.Please remove

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

On 7/27/19, we placed a $300 deposit for what we were told is a hypoallergenic dog, a cavapoo puppy at Shake A Paw Lynbrook, NY. The salesperson advised $300 is the minimum they would take to hold the puppy our daughter fell in love with. We visited multiple times while the dog was getting its shots and being made ready to be picked up. Our 4-yr-old son was having allergic reactions while our 8-yr old daughter was fine. We thought that perhaps it was just the number of dogs in the store and the dander that can be seen on the floor and in the air and the fact they clean up after the dogs with only paper towel rather than any cleaning agents. Our son was tested 8/2 and was confirmed allergic.

After considering our options and speaking with his pediatrician, we informed them 8/6 and the dog was sold by 8/13. They refused to refund the $300 deposit stating they would apply our deposit to a hypoallergenic dog, which does not help since our son had the allergic reaction to the cavapoo. We bought over $550 worth of supplies from the store (which they refunded). I spoke to the manager Kristen who said she would call me back in 10 minutes about a refund. I had to call her again 5 days later. She refused to allow me to speak with whoever she asked about the refund when we initially spoke and hung up on me when I said I would be filing a complaint saying not to threaten her.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a cocker spaniel from the Shake A Paw in Hicksville. He just turned a year. I am so happy with him! Anytime I go back to the store for any advice or purchases, everyone is so helpful and they are so happy to see the dog!

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Information