3.98/5

Looking for a pet store?

Lynbrook, NY

For the last 30 years, Shake A Paw has provided the best products and the most extensive selection of puppies to over 30,000 families. Shake a Paw’s pet consultants work seven days a week to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about your new puppy. We have two locations in New York: Hicksville and Lynbrook, that also carry supplies, accessories, food, crates, toys and more. Visit our website today to learn more!

Looking for a pet store?

291 Shake A Paw Puppies Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

This is my second purchase from Shake a Paw. I've never had any issues with them and they have always been accommodating. Because I was a previous buyer they gave me a discount plus the discount from the coupon. They had a variety of puppies to choose from but I went in knowing what I wanted. I would definitely recommend them to a friend or relative.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

During my experience in Shake A Paw the workers were so helpful when I was picking out the fifth member of my family. My new dog Stella. They were so helpful and helped me find the perfect dog that me and my family wanted. They let me sit in rooms alone with different dog to find the perfect one. I’m so happy I went to shake a paw to get my beautiful dog Stella.

Get expert buying tips about Pet Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I got my Goldendoodle puppy from Shake a Paw and had no issues with the puppy and purchasing him was easy and exciting! They took care of him and made sure he was groomed, feed and healthy before he came he came to his new home. He came home healthy and stayed healthy. They were very helpful and would recommend purchasing a puppy from them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

My husband found our short-haired dachshund Molly on the Shake-A-Paw website. He and my daughter surprised me with the visit to the store, which is an awesome presentation in its surroundings. My favorite area in the store was the puppy display. There were so many varieties of dogs to chooses from. The dogs all looked to be well fed, happy and clean. I would highly recommend the Hicksville Shake-A-Paws store to friends and family members searching for quality puppies at decent pricing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I bought my Jack Russel, Sammy, from here and he's absolutely the best dog in the world! The staff here was so helpful and found us the perfect Jack that we bonded with the best! Now my friends and I will go there when we are stressed and go look at the puppies! James is the nicest and personally came over and talked to my friend and I and let us play with cutest puppy! I will always go to them and HIGHLY recommend!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shake A Paw Puppies?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

On 7/27/19, we placed a $300 deposit for what we were told is a hypoallergenic dog, a cavapoo puppy at Shake A Paw Lynbrook, NY. The salesperson advised $300 is the minimum they would take to hold the puppy our daughter fell in love with. We visited multiple times while the dog was getting its shots and being made ready to be picked up. Our 4-yr-old son was having allergic reactions while our 8-yr old daughter was fine. We thought that perhaps it was just the number of dogs in the store and the dander that can be seen on the floor and in the air and the fact they clean up after the dogs with only paper towel rather than any cleaning agents. Our son was tested 8/2 and was confirmed allergic.

After considering our options and speaking with his pediatrician, we informed them 8/6 and the dog was sold by 8/13. They refused to refund the $300 deposit stating they would apply our deposit to a hypoallergenic dog, which does not help since our son had the allergic reaction to the cavapoo. We bought over $550 worth of supplies from the store (which they refunded). I spoke to the manager Kristen who said she would call me back in 10 minutes about a refund. I had to call her again 5 days later. She refused to allow me to speak with whoever she asked about the refund when we initially spoke and hung up on me when I said I would be filing a complaint saying not to threaten her.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a cocker spaniel from the Shake A Paw in Hicksville. He just turned a year. I am so happy with him! Anytime I go back to the store for any advice or purchases, everyone is so helpful and they are so happy to see the dog!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a cocker spaniel in Nov 2018. He is now 1 year and the the best & cutest dog. As I return back to the store for advice, food or toys the employees are helpful and so happy to see the dog. So happy with my furry friend and my decision to buy from Shake A Paw in Hicksville.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I bought two chihuahuas from Shake A Paw in Lynbrook last October. Both chihuahuas are very healthy. My experience with Shake A Paw was great. I highly recommend Shake A Paw to anyone looking for a dog.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I recently bought a Cocker Spaniel puppy at Shake A Paw in Hicksville. I had a wonderful experience with all the workers and any questions or concerns I had about my puppy were always answered with a smile. I can't say enough about the positive experience I had buying a dog from them and I get so much joy from this beautiful dog!

Shake A Paw Puppies Company Information