4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

CANIDAE is pet food made by pet people. We use the same ingredients we want for our own pets to make our foods. From working hard to form relationships with the farmers and ranchers that supply ingredients, to opening our own facility to cook the food—we’re dedicated to providing the best nutrition possible for the beloved dogs and cats that enrich our lives in so many ways. Sensitivities, picky dogs, multi-pet households, or healthy food on a budget, CANIDAE has your solution!

Canidae Pet Foods Video
Canidae Pet Foods Gallery (6)
View More View More

1699 Canidae Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: July 10, 2019

We've been giving Canidae to my husky for quite a few years now. She's 15 and we wanted to give her the best. She's getting old. She's got a lot of problems and she's got dementia. Before Canidae, I had been giving her Beneful thinking that that was really good. But they explained to me how much better Canidae is. I'm gonna continue to to feed her natural ingredients. She loves it. She looks forward to eating, and she's sassy. However, just this last month, I'm having a hard time getting it. I purchase it at Tails of the Adirondacks in Plattsburgh and they're having a hard time getting it. They didn't say why but they've always been very kind and saved me a couple of cases each time, a couple times a month. The last time, 'cause I just feed mine wet Lamb and Rice Canidae, they had to split up a case for me and none of it was Lamb and Rice.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Canidae was recommended to me by the guy that I buy my dog food from. However, I’m thinking about changing because it’s rather expensive. I have four German shepherd dogs, so I go through a lot of food. I went with the pumpkin because my dogs came with upset stomachs, and I’ve been stuck with it. Overall I like their product and recommend it to quite a few other people. It’s good quality and it gives my dogs what they need. Their coats are shiny, their teeth are clean, they have lots of energy and they appear healthy and happy.

Original review: July 8, 2019

We have a mix breed dog, a good part Wheaten Terrier who is 16 years old and she’s not in great health right now. She’s having trouble but she has been on Canidae for so long and she has made it this far. It’s important that we feed her natural ingredients and we have been buying Canidae for about seven years.

Thanks Tom!

We appreciate your loyalty and send lots of healing energy to your Wheaten Terrier.

Your friends at CANIDAE.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I've been purchasing Canidae for about five years. They offer pet food for all ages. At the time I started using it, I had a senior pet and a puppy. They offered food for all of them and I didn’t have to keep buying separate foods. Also, it's very valuable to feed them natural ingredients. Canidae has really good customer service, as well. If I need coupons, they would send them for free. I also like the rewards program because I can get a free bag. I get one at least once a year.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I’ve been feeding my 5-year old Rottweiler Canidae since he’d been born. I did a little bit of research on it, and that’s what I came up with. I've been buying All Life Stages and I could stay right with that same product all the way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canidae Pet Foods?

Original review: June 30, 2019

I did a lot of online research about different dog foods and Canidae looked to be good food. I used it for several months and had no problems with it. The only reason I'm not on it now is one of the dogs has innumerable allergies that need to be addressed and Canidae didn’t satisfy what his needs were. The ingredients in the food had too many, in his case, objectionable ingredients and we couldn’t continue.

Original review: June 29, 2019

My boyfriend's mother used to buy Canidae a lot and I just stuck with it. I've been using it for a while. I have12-year-old Chihuahuas and I have an almost three-year-old English mastiff. I use the All Stage and I can buy like a 44 bag between the three of them. I go about two weeks before I have to buy another bag. Canidae food seems to fill them up better so they don't eat as much. I feed my mastiff twice a day. I fill up her bowl with two scoops and it seems to last her quite a while. Also, I like feeding them natural ingredients. My Chihuahuas are lasting a long time and my mastiff seems to be growing and keeping her weight to where it's pretty good and healthy. I've been satisfied and I always tell everybody to buy Canidae.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I've been using Canidae grain-free for 3 years both the dry food with a couple tablespoons of the Canidae wet food. My black lab is healthy, strong and he loves it. His coat is beautiful. Our vet is against us giving him grain-free food so we are in the process of switching to one that's not. I will not switch from Canidae because it's such a good product. I'm thankful they have other options for us.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you Kristine for your support, dedication and taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. Please contact us at 800-398-1600 ext 0 or support@canidae.com if you have any questions or if we can help you choose a different formula. Thanks again!

Original review: June 25, 2019

Canidae is like human grade and it tastes human grade too. The dog really likes it. She is a Cavalier King Charles. She’s eight and when we got her, she was six. She has four teeth which is the other reason we got this food because it’s soft. It’s hard for her to eat the crunchier stuff. Canidae contributes to my pet's well-being pretty well. She's healthy.

Canidae Pet Foods response

Thank you for your support and for your feedback. Positive comments are meaningful to us in so many ways! We'd love it if you shared a picture of your pet(s) with us. Please visit our website page to share your story: https://www.canidae.com/submit-your-canidae-story/

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have a yellow Labrador and since he was a puppy, he has only had the Canidae chicken and rice. I went to my local pet store and I talked with them. They were the ones who recommended it so, I trusted them. Canidae was the most traditional, and chicken and rice seemed like it was easy. I just took that one flavor, and I have not strayed from it. I’ve been purchasing Canidae for six years and we’ve had no issues. At our local store, if we buy 12 bags, there’s a bag free and I like that. It keeps me coming back because I wanna make sure I get my free bag.

I would hear about fillers and all the other byproducts that they put into dog food. Since I haven’t tried any of those, I’m fearful that if I do, it would upset my dog’s stomach. Canidae contributes to my pet’s consistent health. Since I don't switch anything and stay on that brand, he’s a healthy dog. He never had to go to the emergency room and anything that he ever had to go to a doctor for was nothing to do with eating his food. I would recommend Canidae Pet Foods to a friend.

Canidae Pet Foods Company Information