1.95/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

We love Blue Buffalo. We have always had dogs and for all of that time we have always bought them Blue Buffalo. Our dog eats the Chicken & Brown Rice. We believe it helps to keep our dogs healthy and vibrant. Our vet recommended this brand and we have never used any other (except with or Bull Dog who gets Royal Cannin). Since our dogs don't get table scraps and I always feel bad that they don't get to "indulge" buying them Blue Buffalo reduces my guilt of not letting them indulge in table scraps because I know I'm feeding them as healthy as I can be.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We have a 4 year old chocolate lab. We tried a brand recommended by vet, big mistake. Buddy kept throwing up and had diarrhea. We changed to Blue, no more throwing up or diarrhea. He is happy with his food and very active with ball catching, running, hunting and even swimming. We did change vets a couple years ago and he insisted we change to another product. He said the meats in Blue are too fatty. We are so happy with Blue, not sure what to do. My son works for Blue and recommended Blue. He did tell us what products to stay away from and what others are also good for Buddy. My other half thinks we should change but only after we use up the 40 pounds of food we have. I am not sure. When I look at Buddy with his healthy looking fur, muscular body and his being active....just not sure.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We keep Siberian Huskies. Currently, they are in 'personal pet' status (as opposed to 'working dogs') and given the lowered level of physical, activity, we follow careful guidelines as to quantity of food given them daily (half a cup of Blue Buffalo 'Rice and Chicken', Senior, in AM and same amount in PM). This seems to achieve the right balance between nutritional needs and maintenance of ideal body weight. Blue Buffalo 'Rice & Chicken' (Senior) appears to have a good balance of healthful ingredients, but more to the point our dogs love it (no picky-eaters at our house). I see no need to change brands, given our experience with Blue Buffalo Brand dry dog foods and we are quite satisfied with it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

From the day I brought my Border Collie home from the breeder. I fed her Blue Buffalo Puppy food for her first year. Sometimes with Toppers and some without. My Border Collie is Healthy and Happy dog. We have given her no table scraps. We give her meat sometimes and use Blue Buffalo Adult Food as a dry food in her bowl. She never has to gobble her food. She grazes. When she is hungry she eats. When she is not she doesn't. I think with her Blue Buffalo she gets all she needs and is never starving. We keep portioning on the bag. We always have leftover kibble in the bowl at night. She is not overweight and very active. With all the bad reviews I thought the site could use a good one. Happy consumers hardly every post good comments so I thought I would do so.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I can't believe the changes in my cats since switching to Blue Buffalo a year ago. They no longer vomit or sleep all day. They have more energy and beg for the food like a child in a candy store! They are almost 10 years old but act like kittens again! Switching their food was the best decision I ever made! Even our vet has noticed how much healthier our cats are. I get that pink sensitive stomach blend hard food as a between meals tummy filler but feed them the indoor pate and Wilderness pate blends for breakfast and dinner. They even get Blue Buffalo treats! I love my girls and love the changes I've seen in them. #BlueBuffalo4Ever

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Fed my cat this junk, he got crystals in his urine. Took him to the vet; my vet asked what we fed him. "Blue Buffalo;" "Oh ya we heard often from other patients about this food." DON'T BUY THIS JUNK IF YOU LOVE YOUR PETS!!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

Tried to open can of Blue Dog Food and the can exploded and the smell was sooo bad that we had to use chlorine to sanitize the kitchen counter, wall, floor. We will never buy this product again. Our dogs have gotten sick using this product lately.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I have only fed Blue Buffalo to my two Heelers, thinking it was the quality dog food they deserved. My old dog recently died at 15 yrs., but my four year old has been nauseous off and on for three years. The dog tries to eat my house plants or snow, trying to find anything to settle her stomach. I was curious if it could be the Blue Buffalo dog food and SURPRISE there are only one star reviews for this dog food. I will change brands tomorrow!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

As my dogs are both getting older, I started looking for a good senior dog food for my Yorkie and German shepherd/chow mix. I liked the idea of this food, because it was convenient to just pick it up at WalMart, instead of driving further to my PetSmart (20 miles away). It also looked like it had quality ingredients and with that price, how could I go wrong? Right? No, this food has made both of my dogs very sick with diarrhea and lethargy. My bigger dog has always had a sensitive stomach, so when he started with loose stools, I figured this was just another bout with poop problems, but when my yorkie (who has a cast iron stomach) started getting sick, I started questioning everything. I would have never thought it was this high dollar dog food.

I gave them pectin and they would get better, combined with my mixture of real chicken and real brown rice, I make when they are sick, BUT when I thought they were over the hump, I would reintroduce this Blue Buffalo dogfood and my nightmare would start all over again. You can look at these dogs and see they do not feel well.

After another mountain of dog poo this morning, I started looking up reviews here online and saw that most here were experiencing exactly what I was experiencing. I cleaned up the mess, sprayed the freshener and tossed the remainder of this dogfood into the dumpster. A co-worker told me "I would have taken the rest of that food", and I told him I wouldn't put that curse on anyone's dog. I will nurse them back to health with my chicken and rice, and then reintroduce to a quality food like Eukanuba or Science Diet.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

My Cocker Spaniel and Morkie, changed their food to Blue Little Bites, thinking it was high quality...but, after a few days, they would not eat, and had loose stools and tummy distress! Just threw away that food, spent money at vet's to put on special diet and medication. I see many other reports on this food. Wish I would have read this before my two girls got so sick!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information