2.29/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1924 Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 14, 2019

We love Blue Buffalo. We have always had dogs and for all of that time we have always bought them Blue Buffalo. Our dog eats the Chicken & Brown Rice. We believe it helps to keep our dogs healthy and vibrant. Our vet recommended this brand and we have never used any other (except with or Bull Dog who gets Royal Cannin). Since our dogs don't get table scraps and I always feel bad that they don't get to "indulge" buying them Blue Buffalo reduces my guilt of not letting them indulge in table scraps because I know I'm feeding them as healthy as I can be.

Original review: April 9, 2019

We have a 4 year old chocolate lab. We tried a brand recommended by vet, big mistake. Buddy kept throwing up and had diarrhea. We changed to Blue, no more throwing up or diarrhea. He is happy with his food and very active with ball catching, running, hunting and even swimming. We did change vets a couple years ago and he insisted we change to another product. He said the meats in Blue are too fatty. We are so happy with Blue, not sure what to do. My son works for Blue and recommended Blue. He did tell us what products to stay away from and what others are also good for Buddy. My other half thinks we should change but only after we use up the 40 pounds of food we have. I am not sure. When I look at Buddy with his healthy looking fur, muscular body and his being active....just not sure.

Get expert buying tips about Dog Food delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2019

We keep Siberian Huskies. Currently, they are in 'personal pet' status (as opposed to 'working dogs') and given the lowered level of physical, activity, we follow careful guidelines as to quantity of food given them daily (half a cup of Blue Buffalo 'Rice and Chicken', Senior, in AM and same amount in PM). This seems to achieve the right balance between nutritional needs and maintenance of ideal body weight. Blue Buffalo 'Rice & Chicken' (Senior) appears to have a good balance of healthful ingredients, but more to the point our dogs love it (no picky-eaters at our house). I see no need to change brands, given our experience with Blue Buffalo Brand dry dog foods and we are quite satisfied with it.

Original review: March 27, 2019

From the day I brought my Border Collie home from the breeder. I fed her Blue Buffalo Puppy food for her first year. Sometimes with Toppers and some without. My Border Collie is Healthy and Happy dog. We have given her no table scraps. We give her meat sometimes and use Blue Buffalo Adult Food as a dry food in her bowl. She never has to gobble her food. She grazes. When she is hungry she eats. When she is not she doesn't. I think with her Blue Buffalo she gets all she needs and is never starving. We keep portioning on the bag. We always have leftover kibble in the bowl at night. She is not overweight and very active. With all the bad reviews I thought the site could use a good one. Happy consumers hardly every post good comments so I thought I would do so.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I can't believe the changes in my cats since switching to Blue Buffalo a year ago. They no longer vomit or sleep all day. They have more energy and beg for the food like a child in a candy store! They are almost 10 years old but act like kittens again! Switching their food was the best decision I ever made! Even our vet has noticed how much healthier our cats are. I get that pink sensitive stomach blend hard food as a between meals tummy filler but feed them the indoor pate and Wilderness pate blends for breakfast and dinner. They even get Blue Buffalo treats! I love my girls and love the changes I've seen in them. #BlueBuffalo4Ever

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Put our two terriers on BB Wilderness dog food, different varieties. After a couple of months we saw evidence of pancreatitis in their poop. The vet tested both dogs but found only one had pancreatitis. Of course we changed foods and things seem to have improved. However, within 12 months, one dog died mysteriously with a necropsy unable to determine a cause of death, and the other dog died from GI issues. I blame Blue Buffalo, but we'll never know.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I started feeding my dog with Blue Buffalo puppy not grain just to try the brand since in the food store a lady that was in dog food area recommended as the best. With these everything was good then I switched gradually to a food for adult dog since my dog is an adult schnauzer. I switch to Blue Buffalo Wilderness for adult small breed. It caused to my dog stomach issues, diarrhea with blood, loose poop. My dog have been slow. She do not want to eat much.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I'm not big on writing reviews. In fact, I came to [read] reviews on Blue Buffalo dog food, not write one. Never did I expect to see so many horrible reviews. And the common denominator to most, if not all of the negativity is--vomiting & diarrhea in dogs. My mix Golden/Rottie is 10 years old and I wanted to switch her out of her old dog food (which was great) but I wanted a more, healthier, more quality type food. I was a bit hesitant in paying $50 for one bag but I had seen the Blue Buffalo commercials for a while now and thought I'd give it a try. I fed my dog her first bowl at dinner.

By morning she had vomited most of what she consumed. I didn't think too much of it until her diarrhea became an issue. For 3 days she had unstoppable, tummy issues. I didn't know what to do or what was causing it but after reading all of the reviews. I am convinced that all of these sweet dogs are getting sick from this BLUE BUFFALO dog food. It sickens my stomach. AND I TRULY HOPE something is done. Pull this food off the shelves before someone's dog(s) die from it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We love our 5 year old cat so much that I wanted to feed him great food so he has a healthy long life. We started on Blue Buffalo cat food 10 months ago. About 8 months ago I noticed our cat having little episodes. As time went on they increased in time and frequency. I took him to the vet and food was one of the 1st questions asked. I kinda blew off that BB would be the reason. Once I got home I did some research on the timing and sure enough his episodes started after I switched to BB. Then I search to see if there are other stories out there that are similar.

I had to dig a bit as I assume BB pays to keep those stories further down on internet pages. I’m convinced more than before that BB is behind these episodes. I’ve thrown out all the food! This morning before I did throw out the food, my cat had the worst episodes. This was after eating Blue Buffalo!!! Once a few hours pass he is able to sleep peacefully. Seems to me the episodes happen soon after eating and continue since he eats small amounts throughout the day. BLUE BUFFALO should be taken off the market! I was shocked how many negative reviews, recalls and a lawsuit this company has received with no real consequence. Shame on you BLUE BUFFALO!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

After feeding my 4 year old min. Dachshund this food, she started developing skin dry, itchy spots all over. The hair fell out and left raw spots. My vet put her on science diet. Z/D food. Spots started going away. At 12 weeks she is now clear. I’m very disappointed in Blue....

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information