2. Pets
  3. Dog Food

Shop on Chewy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.16/5

Blue Buffalo is a manufacturer of dog and cat foods. Ingredients include high-quality meats, fruits, vegetables, cheese, eggs, fish oil, barley, rye, fava beans, vitamins and mineral supplements. Products are available on the company’s website and through other retailers.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Shop on Chewy

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Feed your dog fresh food

Get 50% off your first order on Nom Nom Now. Restrictions Apply!

Learn more

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: July 13, 2020

My three cats love love love this cat food! Their favorite is Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon. Their fur coats are so soft and shiny. No problems with dry, flaky or itching skin. No rashes. Good energy levels. No digestive issues. No nausea or vomiting.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I spent about 30 minutes in store comparing ingredients. Blue Buffalo looked like the best from what packaging stated. Bought them for training a puppy. Made puppy sick and diarrhea. Bad choice, threw out.

Original review: July 8, 2020

We had heard a lot of great things about this brand, so the night before we went to the shelter to choose a cat, we bought it (and other supplies) so we'd be ready. While my cat ate it just fine (he eats pretty much everything), this food gave him the smelliest poops ever. We had the litter box in the mud room, but you could smell it all over the first floor. It was really embarrassing when we had guests. I talked to a friend who is a typical crazy cat lady, with 7 cats. I said I'd never had this issue with cats I'd owned in the past. She said switch foods--the problem was the food. We switched, and have since switched several times, and never had the smelly poop issue again.

Original review: July 4, 2020

I purchased this brand of cat food because when my kitten was little she would bloat and seemed a little irritable. At first she backed away from it so I put a little water on it and she ate it and had eaten it for the rest of her life. I was pleased that she lived a happy and long life and I thank Blue Buffalo for that.

Original review: July 3, 2020

One of my four cats decided that Blue Buffalo cat food was her only choice and went on a food strike when her food was switched. Once I figured it out, we switched back and she was much better. She just passed away at 19 years old. The other cats still eat this food.

Original review: July 2, 2020

My two cats have been eating Blue Buffalo grain free chicken wet food for as long as I can remember. They meow for it every day. I keep a plentiful number of cans in my pantry so that I never run out of their favorite food.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I bought these health treats for my pet Gizmo. He started having vomiting and we took him to our vet and after having a blood transfusion and meds he passed away. These are similar problems others have reported and I wish we would have research these products before giving him these treats. This will be my biggest regret.

Original review: June 16, 2020

We just brought home our boxer pup. He’s 7 weeks old and the breeder had him on Purina Puppy Chow and I decided to go with Blue Buffalo large breed puppy, THINKING blue buffalo was a QUALITY food. I was wrong!! Our lil baby was acting fine the day we brought him home. He was spunky, playful and energetic. By Sunday, just a day and a half later, our baby was MISERABLE???? He had really bad, watery diarrhea. Explosive diarrhea and he started vomiting too. He refused to eat or drink, and became EXTREMELY LETHARGIC!! We honestly thought he got parvo from the several rest stops we had him potty at during our long travels home. He became sicker that day and vomited SEVERAL TIMES. I made him rice and chicken and he ate that, then I got him to finally start drinking water.

That evening I passed on the blue buffalo food and gave him only wet food (Purina Natural) and a few hours later, he started picking up. Thank god our baby made it thru this but I threw the blue buffalo food in the garbage and went out and got Science Diet. Blue buffalo food could have killed our baby if we didn’t realize it was the food. DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND AT ALL, after he started feeling better I saw a post on Facebook about blue buffalo food and treats and how they have caused many pets deaths and illnesses. I cannot believe it’s still being sold and hasn’t been shut down yet!! Now I’m aware of a class action lawsuit against them and recommend anyone currently using blue buffalo, stop now, before it causes irreversible damage to your fur baby!!

Original review: June 14, 2020

More often than not, the 11 LB bag contains virtually no LifeSource Bits. I can turn the bag upside down, shake it etc to see if that distributes the bits but there are still only 1 maybe 2 bits in each cup of food I remove. The Company emphasizes these LifeSource Bits in their advertising and the picture on the bags show multitudes of bits in a handful. I have had a couple of bags in the distant past with a sufficient amount, but now every bag has virtually none. The product is pricey so it should contain what they advertise.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Don’t buy Blue Buffalo. They should NOT be in business. My puppy has had very stinky diarrhea on this food for 7 weeks, since I’ve had him. The puppy pooped large mounds of mush eight times a day and destroyed all my wool rugs. What daily aggravation and stress during corona. My first dog experience, thank you blue buffalo! The moment I switched foods (Royal Canin Gastrointestinal) everything appears perfectly normal, thank God. Can’t comment on long-term effects. This has cost me money on vet bills, probiotics prescribed by the Vet, cost of 1 wool rug and money buying him now gastrointestinal food, and a stiff neck for the past six weeks that I’ve been bending down trying to clean poop. What a shame because he didn’t like the food but loved their treats.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information