1.94/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I started feeding my dog with Blue Buffalo puppy not grain just to try the brand since in the food store a lady that was in dog food area recommended as the best. With these everything was good then I switched gradually to a food for adult dog since my dog is an adult schnauzer. I switch to Blue Buffalo Wilderness for adult small breed. It caused to my dog stomach issues, diarrhea with blood, loose poop. My dog have been slow. She do not want to eat much.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

I'm not big on writing reviews. In fact, I came to [read] reviews on Blue Buffalo dog food, not write one. Never did I expect to see so many horrible reviews. And the common denominator to most, if not all of the negativity is--vomiting & diarrhea in dogs. My mix Golden/Rottie is 10 years old and I wanted to switch her out of her old dog food (which was great) but I wanted a more, healthier, more quality type food. I was a bit hesitant in paying $50 for one bag but I had seen the Blue Buffalo commercials for a while now and thought I'd give it a try. I fed my dog her first bowl at dinner.

By morning she had vomited most of what she consumed. I didn't think too much of it until her diarrhea became an issue. For 3 days she had unstoppable, tummy issues. I didn't know what to do or what was causing it but after reading all of the reviews. I am convinced that all of these sweet dogs are getting sick from this BLUE BUFFALO dog food. It sickens my stomach. AND I TRULY HOPE something is done. Pull this food off the shelves before someone's dog(s) die from it.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We love our 5 year old cat so much that I wanted to feed him great food so he has a healthy long life. We started on Blue Buffalo cat food 10 months ago. About 8 months ago I noticed our cat having little episodes. As time went on they increased in time and frequency. I took him to the vet and food was one of the 1st questions asked. I kinda blew off that BB would be the reason. Once I got home I did some research on the timing and sure enough his episodes started after I switched to BB. Then I search to see if there are other stories out there that are similar.

I had to dig a bit as I assume BB pays to keep those stories further down on internet pages. I’m convinced more than before that BB is behind these episodes. I’ve thrown out all the food! This morning before I did throw out the food, my cat had the worst episodes. This was after eating Blue Buffalo!!! Once a few hours pass he is able to sleep peacefully. Seems to me the episodes happen soon after eating and continue since he eats small amounts throughout the day. BLUE BUFFALO should be taken off the market! I was shocked how many negative reviews, recalls and a lawsuit this company has received with no real consequence. Shame on you BLUE BUFFALO!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

After feeding my 4 year old min. Dachshund this food, she started developing skin dry, itchy spots all over. The hair fell out and left raw spots. My vet put her on science diet. Z/D food. Spots started going away. At 12 weeks she is now clear. I’m very disappointed in Blue....

Original review: July 28, 2019

We are a small online pet shop specializing in pet electronics. Blue Buffalo made a purchase for $5000 worth of e-collars for hunting dogs and when we contacted them to make sure the order was legit they told us, yes, and that the products were going to be used in a new photoshoot they were doing for an advertisement. I was familiar with the company and personally purchase their food at Petco to feed our dogs so that order was approved and shipped. A couple of weeks later they placed another $10,000 order for the same hunting dog collars and when I called them again to ask why they needed another 50 collars I was told that they just decided that they needed more for the photo session but I wasn't comfortable with it and did not ship the order right away and good thing because a few days after that they had charged the card back for the original $5000 order!

I contacted them and they said, "Yes, sorry", that card was lost and that the card issuer automatically chargeback several transactions around the time period it was lost or stolen but that they would get back to me with a new card. 1 week later, still nothing. 2 weeks later, still nothing. Since then they stopped taking my calls and I have tried contacting the company several times and have left messages and sent multiple emails and no callback or any response at all..not a peep! The items they purchased were fine and sealed in factory boxes. They were only using the packaging as a backdrop for the dog food they were photographing... Trying to appeal to the hunting dog crowd is my guess.

Anyway, thank God we didn't ship the 2nd, larger order!! We're a small company and even 5K hurts us pretty badly. 10K would have been devastating. I am not sure why this big company feels the need to rob other business for their products/money but they are despicable lowlifes and, of course, I purchase a different brand and we tell ALL our customers that use their food to do the same thing and you should as well! Not only is their food complete junk but they are thieves as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: July 28, 2019

I started feeding my animals Blue Wilderness salmon three years ago. I have 2 kitties and 1 golden retriever. One of my kitties had to be put down because of a large tumour that took up 90% of his chest. My other kitty became obese 22 lbs. My golden started getting huge fat lumps all over his body. Since I started feeding them another food my big kitty started losing weight and my retriever Is not getting anymore fat lumps and the ones he has are getting smaller. The food was recalled so what does that tell you! So in my opinion please do research on any Blue Buffalo products... And please read the reviews!

Original review: July 25, 2019

This stuff is bad news; my dog experienced terrible GI problems, her coat got dry and skin flaky, she had bouts of vomiting and diarrhea and towards the end with blood in it. The way I figured it out was that the diarrhea and vomit smelled like the treats and food! It's bad stuff and should be taken off the market. She is doing very well now on a different food - thank God! Be aware!

Original review: July 21, 2019

We recently purchased on 2 separate occasions Life Protection 38lb bag from Sam's Club. The 1st go around we had all 5 dogs each one different purebred breeds get sick. It took a week to get everyone back to normal. We then went on vacation and my mother-in-law purchased the same food from Sam's Club because she thought this is what we were feeding our dogs and sure enough everyone became violently ill including her chow she brought over to stay with our dogs. Buyer Beware. There is something we aren't being told and it all comes down to great marketing by the company. Purchased Wellness brand and no problems whatsoever.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I was using this brand for two years for my hedgehogs, specifically the Blue Wilderness Indoor Chicken cat food. My hedgehogs' stools were heavily stinky and often runny. I noticed my two year old Peanbean started to walk funny but not like wobbly hedgehog syndrome. Like a tumor had formed in her and it was hindering her non-stable. I switched her off the food and as well as Audo and the stools got better and the hedgehogs looked a lot more happier. But unfortunately for Peaner her tumor got too bad and she began hurting herself and had to be put down. I will never recommend this food to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2019

For the last 7 years our 10 year old Doberman has eaten Blue Buffalo dry food exclusively. In early May she suddenly started having bouts with severe diarrhea. After a number of tests and ultrasound which all were normal we started her on a different food suggested by our veterinarian. After 48 her bowel movements were back to normal. I am sorry to say that we will not be using Blue Buffalo again.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information