3.01/5
  • 1 star
Based on 161 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 10, 2018

1753 Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Unfortunately, when you contact Blue Buffalo Pet Foods for an in depth analysis of their brands of food, they will not commit to answering your questions, and will instead, beat around the bush so to speak. I had initially contacted them regarding their foods out of concern - not only was I feeding their product to my dogs, but a friend of mine had a 10 year old cat that went into sudden renal failure, recovered, and then suddenly became hyperthyroid. I was very concerned, naturally, however, did not receive answers directly from the company. As such, I have switched brands of food and have certainly seen much better results.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My two little shih tzus are on the grain-free food and they love it. My big dogs are on rice and chicken. I used to cook chicken and rice and add it to other brands. They will eat Blue Buffalo dry and love it.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

We have used Blue Buffalo for our Doberman Pinscher and Chinese Shar-Pei since we got them as puppies. They have been very healthy and active. Their musculature and bone structures are excellent. We attribute these features to the fact that they are purebred, come from prize-winning families, and the great diet they obtain through eating only Blue Buffalo.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

My dog loves Blue and I love how is full of good ingredients and no grains. I think he's healthier and more active when he eats Blue. And I love how many different flavors there are.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

The stores always charge at least $5 more when one makes in store purchase in contrast to online purchase. When you show price discrepancy to store they at times refuse to honor lower price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Food seems good, but it makes both of my little dogs fart a lot. I buy the small adult dog food. Maybe I need to get a different kind.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

The Blue Buffalo pet food is very good quality but with dogs that may not be as active as others, they quickly gained weight. So I now use a less calorie food to prevent weight gain.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

Blue Buffalo's a healthy and great pet food choice! My pets love meal time. They've recently started selling in Publix as well, making it even easier to find.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I love feeding my dogs 5 star foods, and Blue Buffalo was on the top of that list. They liked the food (dry) but weren't too happy with the LifeSource bits, which it seemed they spit out. Also this particular flavor was hard to find. A while back Blue Buffalo got caught in a discrepancy about a specific canned food. I was disappointed about the dishonesty of this situation and hastily changed the dry food to Simply Nourish. It's 5 star and they like it. Just started sprinkling this food with TruDog Boost Me, and they absolutely love it.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

All my dogs have been eating this food for years they love it. Blue wilderness is the best kind in the can. My little dogs like them. They have all kinds of new flavors.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I had been feeding Purina ONE a fine food, Vet approved and would still use it but I switched to Blue Buffalo Small Breed Lamb & Rice based on ingredients. The dog loves it. Complete little wiggle dance while I fill her bowl. Her coat & skin are healthy (visibly more shiny). A Chiweenie (1/2 Chiwahwah, 1/2 Dachshund) are notoriously fickle but can be voracious eaters. She has never turned her nose up at it over the last 2-years. She is 6.5-years which is saying something. My only criticism is cost and why don't they sell it in larger bags than 15-lbs whereas they sell 38-lb/40-lb bags of their other BB types??? When you have more than one dog eating it, it gets outrageously expensive buying 15-lb increments.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Had to have a good quality kibble that contained a minimum fat content. Was given a prescription to purchase another brand only available at the vet's. Content was of maximum importance as our pet had a very bad case of pancreatitis and we almost lost her. Ended up substituting the "special food" for Blue Buffalo. After four years with this brand, she's ten and still going strong. No table scraps at all.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Dogs like all the Blue Buffalo dog food and dry also. They have no problems after eating it and require no visits. We have tried other brands but they do not like what is in the food.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

We originally tried several other well known brands of dog food for our new puppy. He came to us with a rash on his stomach and having a terrible time with itching and scratching. We took him to the vet and tried several things before deciding that it was an allergy that was bothering him. After trying "Blue" dog food, we were relieved to finally find a food that did not cause an allergic reaction for him. The big plus, of course, is that he also really likes it!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

It has in the past helped with weight reduction. Our dogs seem to tolerate it and even like it. We've switched from a couple of their different brands, all was good!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I use this for my Toy Rat Terrier for weight control, she eats well and her weight is steady. My only concern is where they get their products from to make their kibble?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Blue Buffalo dog food is great for my six dogs. I have been feeding them this brand for 2 years. It provides all the nutritional value they need to be healthy. There are great flavors and my dogs are always excited to have their meal. Also, it isn't overpriced.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

All of the ingredients were appealing and although it sounded like something we would like to feed our dog... she turned her nose up to it and wouldn't touch it!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Our Min. Schnauzer was not excited to eat the dry, sm. dog kibbles, but we insisted. After about a month he was vomiting and had loose stool.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

No more upset stomach. Dog enjoys eating every kibble. Can use kibbles for rewards during teaching instead of calorie laden treats. Price is not out of line for the value received. Readily available at pet supply stores and online with free shipping which can be set on pet supply websites for shipping intervals - very handy.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I've been buying Blue Buffalo Blue Basics Limited Ingredient Grain free for two years for my french bulldog at $50 a case. My last four cases we found the cans of food were watered down and less food, you can shake a can and hear the water sloshing around. I sent Blue Buffalo an email with photos, they said, "Sorry for your experience and can we send you a bag of blue kibble." So if you want to buy a case of water for $50 with a little dog food in it buy Blue Buffalo Blue Basics Limited Ingredient Grain free.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

It's the only dog food that keeps weight on my dog. I have tried lots of other brands and she doesn't eat other foods near as well. That tells me she likes it better than all the others.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I try to feed my dog food that is high in meat content, but many stores that sell dog food, but are not specifically "pet stores" do not carry Blue Buffalo and if I have to drive too far to get it, it's not worth the additional price.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

My Smokey loves the Blue Buffalo dog food. He really won't eat anything other than his favorite Blue Buffalo wilderness dog food. It is a little on the expensive side but well worth the extra buck.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

When we moved to Arizona, my dog's skin became very dry and itchy. Blue Buffalo Grain Free was recommended. We have been using it for 3 years now, and it made a huge difference.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I think the ingredients are all very healthy with extra nutrients. However, it is expensive! Fortunately, living in the city provides opportunities to find a variety of upscale dog foods. She is an older dog and came to me eating Blue Buffalo for small breeds.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My dog seems to really enjoy Blue Buffalo Pet Foods. He doesn't usually like treats and will eat the treats by this brand. We have just started to use this brand but so far so good.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

My dogs seem to love the Blue Buffalo pet food. It's supposed to be healthier for my dogs, and that means a lot to me and my dogs. Plus I also bought the wet dog food to mix with it.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Their product sickened all 3 of my dogs simultaneously. Violent vomiting and diarrhea. My Chihuahuas recovered, but my beloved 12 year old Golden Retriever began a downward spiral and died December 15 after never completely recovering from the initial bout of illness in October. I will NEVER buy this product again. I warn everyone I know against it.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

My dog is extremely important to me (and my cat), and I'm thrilled with all of the natural ingredients found in Blue Buffalo. I feed the Life Protection Formula, which is a bit expensive, but well worth the price. I also feed the Blue Buffalo Health Bars. My dog, Inara, a tri-color Corgi/Sheltie mix, loves the food and the treats!

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information

bluebuffalo.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use