2.29/5

Looking for a good dog food brand?

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods

Looking for a good dog food brand?

1924 Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 28, 2019

We are a small online pet shop specializing in pet electronics. Blue Buffalo made a purchase for $5000 worth of e-collars for hunting dogs and when we contacted them to make sure the order was legit they told us, yes, and that the products were going to be used in a new photoshoot they were doing for an advertisement. I was familiar with the company and personally purchase their food at Petco to feed our dogs so that order was approved and shipped. A couple of weeks later they placed another $10,000 order for the same hunting dog collars and when I called them again to ask why they needed another 50 collars I was told that they just decided that they needed more for the photo session but I wasn't comfortable with it and did not ship the order right away and good thing because a few days after that they had charged the card back for the original $5000 order!

I contacted them and they said, "Yes, sorry", that card was lost and that the card issuer automatically chargeback several transactions around the time period it was lost or stolen but that they would get back to me with a new card. 1 week later, still nothing. 2 weeks later, still nothing. Since then they stopped taking my calls and I have tried contacting the company several times and have left messages and sent multiple emails and no callback or any response at all..not a peep! The items they purchased were fine and sealed in factory boxes. They were only using the packaging as a backdrop for the dog food they were photographing... Trying to appeal to the hunting dog crowd is my guess.

Anyway, thank God we didn't ship the 2nd, larger order!! We're a small company and even 5K hurts us pretty badly. 10K would have been devastating. I am not sure why this big company feels the need to rob other business for their products/money but they are despicable lowlifes and, of course, I purchase a different brand and we tell ALL our customers that use their food to do the same thing and you should as well! Not only is their food complete junk but they are thieves as well.

Original review: July 28, 2019

I started feeding my animals Blue Wilderness salmon three years ago. I have 2 kitties and 1 golden retriever. One of my kitties had to be put down because of a large tumour that took up 90% of his chest. My other kitty became obese 22 lbs. My golden started getting huge fat lumps all over his body. Since I started feeding them another food my big kitty started losing weight and my retriever Is not getting anymore fat lumps and the ones he has are getting smaller. The food was recalled so what does that tell you! So in my opinion please do research on any Blue Buffalo products... And please read the reviews!

Original review: July 25, 2019

This stuff is bad news; my dog experienced terrible GI problems, her coat got dry and skin flaky, she had bouts of vomiting and diarrhea and towards the end with blood in it. The way I figured it out was that the diarrhea and vomit smelled like the treats and food! It's bad stuff and should be taken off the market. She is doing very well now on a different food - thank God! Be aware!

Original review: July 21, 2019

We recently purchased on 2 separate occasions Life Protection 38lb bag from Sam's Club. The 1st go around we had all 5 dogs each one different purebred breeds get sick. It took a week to get everyone back to normal. We then went on vacation and my mother-in-law purchased the same food from Sam's Club because she thought this is what we were feeding our dogs and sure enough everyone became violently ill including her chow she brought over to stay with our dogs. Buyer Beware. There is something we aren't being told and it all comes down to great marketing by the company. Purchased Wellness brand and no problems whatsoever.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I was using this brand for two years for my hedgehogs, specifically the Blue Wilderness Indoor Chicken cat food. My hedgehogs' stools were heavily stinky and often runny. I noticed my two year old Peanbean started to walk funny but not like wobbly hedgehog syndrome. Like a tumor had formed in her and it was hindering her non-stable. I switched her off the food and as well as Audo and the stools got better and the hedgehogs looked a lot more happier. But unfortunately for Peaner her tumor got too bad and she began hurting herself and had to be put down. I will never recommend this food to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Buffalo Pet Foods?

Original review: July 16, 2019

For the last 7 years our 10 year old Doberman has eaten Blue Buffalo dry food exclusively. In early May she suddenly started having bouts with severe diarrhea. After a number of tests and ultrasound which all were normal we started her on a different food suggested by our veterinarian. After 48 her bowel movements were back to normal. I am sorry to say that we will not be using Blue Buffalo again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Are used to have my dog exclusively on Blue Buffalo as well as the Blue Buffalo training treats. About six months ago I heard about the problems that the dogs were having so I went to rice and chicken but on Friday I had a put my baby down. He had cancer of the stomach and when I told the doctor that I was feeding him Blue Buffalo and recently took him off he said that that could have been the issue. Blue Buffalo I know my dog was an elderly dog but he had was full of life and if you would’ve so such a bad products you should’ve been more cautious because you calls me my dog and you calls my dog his life.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Our Newfoundland and Border Collie have been on Blue Buffalo the majority of their lives and we've never had a problem. That is, until about two months ago when my Border Collie began having unexplained diarrhea off and on. As they're both active dogs that go on lots of hikes and love to swim, when the Border Collie began having sustained, uncontrolled diarrhea and vomiting, I guessed it was Giardia or some other waterborne bug. Both dogs began exhibiting severe symptoms (i.e. diarrhea everywhere) so I took them to the vet, pulled them off the dog food, and put them on a diet of boiled chicken and rice.

All tests for Giardia came back negative -- but after two weeks on a purely boiled chicken and rice diet, they stabilized and seemed right as rain. Still guessing it was an environmental bug, I placed them back on the Blue Buffalo dog food. Not two weeks later the Newfoundland again is having uncontrolled diarrhea. We will not be feeding our dogs Blue Buffalo again. Dog food was purchased through Amazon.

Original review: July 10, 2019

I had to get my dog weight loss food a few months back and this product was recommended to me. The has already lost 10 pounds! (He is 80 pounds.) He not only is losing weight but he LOVES the food. Great product!

Original review: July 3, 2019

We wanted to switch from Rachael Ray Nutrish to Blue Buffalo to give the dogs some variety. This was hands down the worst mistake we’ve ever made as dog owners. After about 5 days of the dogs going to town on this brand they were suddenly struck with SEVERE GI issues. Keep in mind, I have never written a review on anything in my life, but I wanted to save everyone their sanity. Our dogs are 100% potty trained and annoy the heck out of you when they need to be let out. These poor dogs couldn’t make it to the back door to go outside for 3 days. My entire hallway, kitchen, living room and back door area were literally SPRAYED in diarrhea and vomit. Imagine having an 8 month old baby at home learning to crawl and scoot and both of his best friends are seemingly dying from GI issues.

We had no idea what was going on until yesterday I realized “crap, I hope this isn’t their new food”. I immediately put it on the counter. Ran out, got a couple servings of wet food and a small bag of Rachael Ray, just to see if they could tolerate anything after 3 days of constant emptying of their bowels. They slowly started eating it and have only had one accident since then and have now had a formed BM. Do. Not. Buy. This.

Blue Buffalo Pet Foods Company Information