Get Started

3.7/5 (876 ratings)

About BarkBox

Get ready to spoil your pup with BarkBox! Every month you’ll receive TWO original toys designed in-house (with the help of their dog-obsessed toy experts), TWO full bags of all-natural treats, and ONE drool-worthy chew. Each box is built around a fun surprise theme for all dog & dog parents to enjoy. If your pup doesn’t absolutely love something, BarkBox will make it right, no questions asked!

Pros

• Options for dogs with allergies
  • High-quality ingredients
  • Customized to your dog’s size

Cons

• Subscriptions renew automatically

Bottom Line

BarkBox provides a fun monthly subscription box with treats and toys for your dog. While you can’t cancel a subscription early, there is a month-to-month option available.

BarkBox Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about BarkBox?

Original review: April 11, 2020

For the most part I really like the BarkBoxes!! Just wish we could add specific toys to some of the boxes. Or purchase a toy separately some months. Our subscription will be ending soon, but I would still like the opportunity to purchase toys every so often, they are great toys!!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Bambam already tore up the tumbler, in half. He is rough on toys that's why we tried you guys. This one was not as good as others. Boomers so laid back nothing bothers him. Although he is picky about his treats. All the time.

Original review: April 11, 2020

We have used Bark Box for several months now and we cannot stop recommending to others. We have a large dog (Rottweiler mix) who is a super chewer and the toys are perfect for him. Our dog is obsessed with the toys he received and has a very hard time destroying the toys (which is unheard of for him). Before BB we would be going through toys weekly and the toys that we now get monthly last! No more trips to the pet store. The monthly box is actually saving us money.

The monthly themes are so fun for the human and the dog is excited for different flavored treats and toys. When I first signed up, our rep Lucy asked if we had any preferences and they customize our box every time. The customer service is great and they are always in communication with us no matter how big or small something is. Thanks for your amazing customer service and awesome products.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Bei Bei looks forwards to her toys and I like how the treats in each box are best quality for my dog. No made in USA, which to makes them 100% safer and when I needed to adjust a prior monthly double order in February due to me Memo dying suddenly, you all were sympathetic and responded in quickly.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I am not sure who got more excited about the delivery, the kids or Onyx. Some of the toys he still enjoys. Some he tore apart very quickly. Some of the treats he loved others are still in the cabinet and he doesn't eat them as fast. Overall, the experience was fun. I believe it was worth the money.

Original review: April 11, 2020

My dogs love Barkbox!!! So much fun in one box and being able to add on other toys/treats to the box is a positive as well. Customer service also seems to be really good, they always respond promptly if I have a question or concern.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Love the Bark Box. My dog looks forward to it every month. I will let everybody know to order one for their dogs they will love it. The only thing I wish they would change is for it to be for extra large dogs. I have an English Mastiff and he is an extra large dog.

Original review: April 11, 2020

We have 3 shepherds. Tough chewers - but when it comes to their Bark Box they are very satisfied with all the toys and treats they get - yes a squeaker or two might come out but the overall quality of the toys is great - Love the BARK BOX???❤️

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have 2 dogs. A goldendoodle and Bernedoodle. One medium size, one very large. The toys are not a good fit. Some are big and round. Dogs cannot pick them up. Good thing is if I tell BB they do send replacements.

Hi Rosalind!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your pups' experience with their Super Chewer toys. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you and your pups each month. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Hannah gets so excited about her Bark Box! She knows what it is when it comes through the door! The toys are her favorites and they last well and the nummies are of excellent quality and are her favorite snack foods. She highly recommends the Bark Boxes....just don't try to take anything from hers!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Love the Bark Box experience. Goldie looks forward to recieving her box every month. She loves the surprise she gets. Goldie seems to know when I come home and I have the box, that she can't wait to open it. I personally can THANK YOU for her monthly experience. Her dad use to order it when I couldn't. Since he passed I will keep up her gifts.

Original review: April 11, 2020

We totally love your products. Lucy & Baxter have to inspect each box that comes in the house checking for their beloved Bark Box!! Their cousin Max also enjoys his monthly bark box. We would totally recommend you to our friends!! Thank you so much!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Not sure what happened. Marley always enjoys and looks forward to her monthly Bark Box but Marley hasn't received her bark boxes for 2 months. Last one received was in February. Please cancel my subscription or correct error. Thank you.

Hi Addie!

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your pups' experience with missing those boxes. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you and your pup each month. We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Mr. Pug and I are very satisfied with our BarkBox since Mr. Pug did not care for the Rubber Toys, I have requested that Xbox no longer contain rubber and would have the regular toys. BarkBox is what my Furbaby and I look forward to each month, with anticipation and excitement each month!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I love the Bark Box almost as much as my dogs do. So many cute, but tough toys and great treats. They haven’t yet torn up any of the toys. We even occasionally share some of the toys and treats with other doggie friends and they all love them, too. All 4 dogs are Aussies and can be hard on toys.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Jagger has learned to recognize the box when it is being delivered to the door. He loves the new toys and shares them with his sister when he's done with one and ready for another. So far, their favorite toy has been a bi-colored interlocking ring-type thingy. I don't even know what is so special about it unless it's the feeling of part of it dangling when a dog runs with it in his/her mouth. They've loved all the treats equally. Some of the toys were left outdoors in the snow and re-discovered last month when the last of the snow melted in their play yard. Yay, it's like new toys all over again!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Both dogs (tiny poodles) love the BarkBox. When I bring it in and set it on the floor, both are trying to get into it. I cut the tape, remove the treats, take the tags off the toys, put the toys back in the box and watch them go nuts. Each dog seems to find a favorite toy and plays/chews on that one only for a few days. Some of the treats are a little big for them (7 and 15 lbs), but overall I am very satisfied with the product.

Original review: April 11, 2020

My pups love their treats and toys from Bark Box. The toys are so cute and my girls just love them. The treats are delicious. My girls deserve nothing but the best! Every pup should be able to enjoy these treats and toys.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I had subscribed for the Superchewer version. Also asked for less or zero treats. My dog doesn’t eat them. I have been disappointed with the toy selection. Also still getting treats. I even changed my box size and spoke to customer service about the above.

Original review: April 11, 2020

Liberty loves getting her BarkBox. She knows when we go to the office her box is here and she gets so excited. She use to tear up her toys in minutes, now she has a basketful!! She doesn't try to eat these. We are both very happy.

Original review: April 11, 2020

My pit, Zeus, has been enjoying Bark Box for well over a year now. He knows the box & gets super excited when he sees one delivered! The treats have always been good, fresh, & apparently quite tasty. The toys are the best! So fun & creative. A couple times, Zeus was a little too much of a super chewer & was able to destroy them quickly. Each time, I simply chatted with a customer service rep & a new, tougher toy was shipped. The customer service reps that I spoke with were always kind, caring, & professional. Their willingness to correct any issue was greatly appreciated & respected. I will continue to subscribe to Bark Box & have recommended it to many friends!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Thanks for providing a fun experience for our dogs and their humans. We love getting our box every month. The toys are so creative and the treats are yummy. Customer service is terrific and the boxes are perfect for our pups. Keep them coming!

Original review: April 11, 2020

Their customer service is the best. They have gone out of their way to make sure that everything was perfect. Laci loves her boxes. She gets so excited when she sees it on the porch. The toys are excellent quality and she loves the treats. She won't eat store bought treats anymore. I would, and have recommended Barkbox to several people. I love them!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I cannot say enough great things about BarkBox! From interacting with customer service to receiving orders in a timely manner, it’s always seamless. The toys are well made and Ruby loves the treats! I recommend BarkBox to anyone I can... It is truly one of the best brands I’ve ever used!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I love Barkbox and so do my puppies! It's cheap and easy. When it shows up Padfoot and Luna know exactly what it is and get so excited. They get to try different treats and always have new toys to play with.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have nothing but satisfaction from Bark Box. They have gone beyond to make sure I am totally satisfied with every product I received. I recently got a Super Chewer and there was no problem changing my subscription to accommodate my new English Bull Terrior.

Original review: April 11, 2020

We have had problems with almost every box. I give feedback and receive platitudes not results. As I have stated before, we will not be renewing! Toys are either too delicate or too big. I have stated (several times) Angel does not like fish. She has eaten a few of the carp treats but that’s all. Yet you still send fish treats... I complain about a toy, get promised a specific replacement and get sent something entirely different. (Finally got the promised item as the toy in this last box). Perhaps I am at fault for expecting people to follow through with their promises.

Hi Vickie.

Thank you so much for your feedback. We're incredibly sorry to hear about your experience with us recently. We certainly understand the frustration that's been caused by this and know that certainly isn't the experience that we strive to curate for you and your . We'd be happy to further discuss everything with you to help make things right. Please be on the lookout for a direct reply from a member of our team to assist you!

Original review: April 11, 2020

The kids love getting their Bark Box. Can barely get the box open before their noses are inside it. They like the healthier snack choice but not so much the sticks or long chews. Anything that squeaks is always a plus.

Original review: April 11, 2020

I was unsure about spending the money for a box of dog stuff each month since I’m a single Mom on a VERY tight budget. However I am so glad I did! Each box has a variety of surprises for my girl. She knows the box is for her and is sooo excited each month! Some she kills for the squeaker, others she keeps pristine and treasures them. The treats are always a hit, and the one time Pepper didn’t care for it, you sent a replacement! Great customer service, great communication, great treats, great toys! So happy I budgeted this in each month for my Pepper!

Original review: April 11, 2020

My dogs LOVE the toys and treats. I especially liked the toys that had toys inside, much longer play once they destroyed the toy. It’s nice to have a variety of treats so they don’t get bored. I have four rescued dogs who benefit from the BarkBox.

BarkBox Company Information