1.62/5
  • 1 star
Based on 121 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 12, 2017

121 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I promptly returned a wool jacket following the instructions provided with my item. Once mailed the item I contacted Zulily that day to confirm that my PayPal account would be credited the refund and was advised that it would. On the day that Zulily received my return I called to confirm the process and the credit to my PayPal account. Again, rep stated that my PayPal would be credited within 5-7 business days. As of the 8th business day my PayPal was not credited, so I called Zulily to ask for it to be processed. Rep placed me on long hold and came back that since I initiated the return they could not credit my PayPal but gave me store credit instead. I stated that was not acceptable as I would be still paying for something that I did not keep and didn't intend to use the store credit.

As I was explaining this the "customer service" rep interrupted me rudely saying she was not finished. Once she finished I stated that I am the paying customer, and this is the first time I've purchased from Zulily resulting in a poor experience. I asked why didn't the first two reps I spoke with weeks ago correctly explain the return policy to me. Also, I asked if my calls had been logged which at first she said no then stated yes she can see them. Rep told me that she would submit an exception to the finance department to credit my PayPal within 15 days. I WILL NOT be purchasing from Zulily again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a tunic a month ago - just got an email saying it was shipped and there were 2 on the order - Not to mention a month to ship? Seriously?! I sent an email to customer service to cancel the order and got MAILBOX full response!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have been purchasing from zulily since they started 7 years ago and they used to be great, I never had problems until recently. The last year or two we have had to request a couple of refunds for junk that looked fine on the site but came to us very poor in quality. My last purchase was the final straw, I made the mistake going for their magazine subscriptions; I bought 3 back in August and have been going back and forth for the last month trying to find out where one of them is/ when it may be coming. 15 weeks now, 4 months, when typical magazine subscriptions take 6-8, maybe 8-10 weeks. Their replies have been very dismissive and nonchalant about helping me resolve this issue. I had never needed refunds/returns until these last couple of years and even then they were pretty good about refunding an item that was damaged or incorrect in size, etc.

Suddenly I am getting a hard time over a 6 dollar purchase that I have not received and have not received an answer as to when I would ever get it. This was all I got in addition to a promise of two more issues (which means nothing when you aren't getting any to begin with) "The publisher further advised us that they count subscription length not by calendar year but by the number of issues ordered and that they will ensure you receive every issue that you paid for. We are currently working with the publisher to get a delivery time frame for the next issues and we should have this information soon."

Saying that they count subscription length not by calendar year but by issues ordered is incredibly vague and not very promising. Does that mean I will get every issue but they'll start sending them 5 years from now or tomorrow, does that mean I'll just get them sporadically over my lifetime? I am really annoyed because I feel like this magazine subscription was a scam, especially after looking a little more into them online.

After over a month of stress in just trying to get some form of a straight answer I finally just requested a refund and actually received it (my email request was handed back to me with an ignorant, generic response about magazines taking 8-10 weeks obviously not looking at the history of this purchase), I had to call in and speak to someone about it. 7 years of being a customer. I don't believe that I will be shopping through them anymore because I cannot trust the purchases that I am making are good or valid anymore.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Ordered 3 items 5 weeks ago! 5 WEEKS AGO!!! Called the company twice to see where in the hell my stuff is! Apparently it's coming from China! Customer service has no clue what to say to people who call. The only thing they know is that, I CANNOT CANCEL MY ORDER AND BE REIMBURSED, BECAUSE IT IS TOO LATE NOW!!! Can you believe this? They're fast to charge your account!! I will never again order from this site! Rip off! And I guarantee, that because these clothes are coming from China, they will never fit!!! And I'll be stuck with them, because I'm positive that returning them will become a nightmare!!! Plus, the only thing they could do for me was give me a $10 credit! Really?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Ordered 4 toddler playsuits... size 18 months on Nov 11th. Here it is Dec 11 and not a one in sight. Toddlers GROW a lot in a month... and a month is ridiculous. What other company has such a long run time to provide a paid-for item??? Thumbs down to doing business with them again... ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Just buy. They're really cheap stuff then you won't be disappointed. $10 & under. Just got sneakers. $9.99. Very small. Size 6. Looked nice in pix. Not upon arrival. The memory foam thing in them make them uncomfortable. :-( I don't like the firm either. Customer service reps such as Brianna fight w/ you when requesting free shipping when the site cuts you off at midnight in middle of paying. The only quality stuff I got so far was 2 kids size fleece that you may wear if you're a small woman, boys 14-16, girls 16-18 or 18-20.

Brand French Toast Hello Kitty fleece pants very small. Medium the only good quality stuff I found in yrs. H&M. Ordered stuff. I'm thrilled. Check them out. Old Navy stuff overpriced. Cheap stuff. Don't bother w/ Old Navy. Sweaters, jerseys, flannel pants very thin + upped prices at Black Friday & Cyber Monday. Was lucky I bought before on Thanksgiving. Seems to have the lowest prices. Sierra Trading Post still good but won't lower min purchase 4 free ship so I don't buy that often anymore. Doesn't have as much merchandise this yr. Shoe boots. This site good. Naturalizer. Those brand shop their sites.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I've purchased from Zulily several times, and sadly, it took me that long to realize that doing the same thing and expecting a different result really is the definition of insanity. First it was dresses and clothes for my daughter. The material for the dress was really funky, but not like a nice cotton flannel. The same for cozy plaid shirts for both of us. The white shirt in this order was huge. The 1X was large enough for a 4X at least. And flowered tunics that looked so great in the photos are that same weird fabric. And now on to the silky a-line shirts. The fabric was fine, but a more recent order, the pattern, so beautiful in the photo, was placed differently in the shirt that arrived. I'll never wear it. I have to hand it to Zulily though. They have the very best... photographers.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Have ordered in the past. I have been waiting for 4 weeks for the KEEN boots that I ordered. Now to find out that they were "short-shipped" and that I can have my money refunded or continue to wait for who knows how long is ridiculous. It is my money you have been holding on to. No kidding you can refund my money. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I ordered two tunics and children's boots. I was charged shipping because I canceled the 2nd tunic. So I spent more on shipping than the items cost. I wasn't informed I could be charged shipping when I canceled. I also wasn't informed the tunics come from China and they go through customs and it takes forever to get them. Shipping status is a joke. No details. Customer service tries to answer questions but I think they really don't know what's going on. Pitiful company. Warning: Do not get sucked in and watch your credit card carefully for overcharges.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I ordered a dress. Had heard that returns were not a problem. Got it and it’s just horrid! Hangs like a sack and sizing is all wrong. I asked for return. They tell me okay, they will refund $10 of the $25 I paid for it. So upset!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I will NEVER EVER purchase a product through them again. I purchased an Apple Watch that was refurbished as a wedding anniversary present for my wife. It cost me $289 plus tax, for a total of $315. When it arrived, I immediately gift wrapped it and gave it to her after our celebratory dinner. When she opened it, the box was empty - no watch, no charger, just one half of a watchband. My wife was completely devastated and I felt like a fool. When I called Zulily, they said it could take up to 10 days before they could find out IF they could send me a replacement (they have to contact the vendor) or they could give me a refund. I took the refund since they couldn't guarantee that they could get me a watch (that was at the suggestion of the supervisor). They didn't seem the least bit concerned that their vendor was stealing from them, and there was no sense that they cared.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Almost a month and order still hasn't arrived. I can't comment on product because I still haven't received my order. When I check tracking for the last 4 days it shows the same info for each day. December 3 "Shipped from client, en route to facility." December 4 same thing. December 5 same thing. December 6 yep same thing. I don't know how many different facilities it can shipped to. Their response is very generic. No help whatsoever. I placed order on November 9. I was hoping to get by Thanksgiving. Now I'm wondering if I will have it by Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I'm a longtime zulily customer, but after numerous bad experiences with items breaking during shipping, I am seeking an outlet to vent. The top items in my orders that arrive repeatedly broken are candles - the lovely ones in the big glass jars. Sometimes, they are marginally wrapped in shipping paper. Sometimes, they appear to have been literally thrown in the box, and of course, they break during shipping. Broken glass goes EVERYWHERE inside the packages, as would be expected. It's not enough to simply remove the broken item, I have to CAREFULLY take everything else out of the shipping box, shake it over the table, pick up all the shard of sharp glass, and then collapse the box because the shards become stuck in the box flaps.

I have already accidentally cut myself TWICE reaching in the box to pull out an item. I've also had a glass decorative trinket box shatter in shipping - it had absolutely NO WRAPPING PAPER WHATSOEVER. Just tossed in the card box shipping box. Today I opened a shipment and an ornament I had ordered to give as a gift was completely obliterated. NO PACKAGING! It's INSANE!!! I take photos of everything and email zulily.

Sometimes, if the item is still in stock they will re-send (always with better packaging). Sometimes the item is out of stock and they refund. Usually they give me a $5 store credit for my trouble. And it IS a trouble! It's a hassle! It's not worth the savings, having to STICK MY HAND IN A BOX OF GLASS SHARDS. It's like a horrible roulette every time! "Why do you keep buying glass stuff there?" You ask? Because the deals are great. That's why. But pretty soon, I'm going to run out of band-aids, and I guess I'll be buying my stuff elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had an account with Zulily and I had erased both credit cards I had on file. I received a Zulily charge card and so I placed an order but instead of it going on the Zulily card they placed it on one of my credit cards I had previously erased. I tried to get it taken care of but they refused to give me back all my money. I think it should be considered theft and I would hope this would not happen to anyone else. My husband and I are both disabled and do not receive food stamps so this will affect us for a month that should be filled with joy. I don't know where to go from here but I would like to report them for fraud. Can anyone please help me? This may be our last Christmas. My husband is a disabled vet and is dying of lung cancer and instead of having something to look forward to we are struggling. This is so unfair. I don't even give Zulily one star. They don't deserve it. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I'm putting this out there to warn everyone to NOT order from this company. I just returned 3 tunics I ordered that took 3 weeks to get here. All were cheap material and did not fit correctly. Thankfully I was able to return them, the past two times I ordered from them I was dissatisfied and was unable to return the items. I will never order from them again. Totally not worth it!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I placed an order on Nov 11, 2017 (today is Dec 1) and I keep on getting emails that my purchase is being shipped. When I send an email to customer service I receive an auto reply that they will be in touch within 24-48 hours. They did not. However, when I check on the shipment information it has not even left the original "store". Now I find out it might make it by Christmas. I will not be ordering from these jokers again!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have shopped with Zulily for 4 years. At first they were great in customer service and product. It's hard to get right size sometimes, so I order 2 sizes up. unfortunately I had a recent order way off size. From time of order to trying to get my money refunded it's been over 2 months. My order total was $19.98. I was told I would only get back $14.98. To date I have been refunded $2.99. I have been told numerous times 10-15 days over the past 2 months. I will never shop Zulily again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I responded to ads featuring gorgeous clothing from Zulily, and made the mistake of placing a very large order. I wasn’t aware that this company is located in China, or that it takes well over a month for an order to arrive. When I finally received the clothing, it was incredibly cheap and poorly made - nothing like the beautiful clothing shown on their website.

There was no packing slip or return information included with the clothes, so I sent an e-mail to Zulily through their website. I received a response days later, saying they would accept a return of the merchandise for store credit only, MINUS a sizable restocking fee and shipping charge! By the time that amount is deducted, I’m better off donating the items to Goodwill. I suggest you stay away from this site. You would do equally as well to flush your cash down the toilet as to spend it at Zulily.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I am still waiting on a tunic blouse that I ordered over 2 1/2 weeks ago. This alone has taught me never to deal with this company again. It never occurred to me to Google reviews of this company. Now, I am reading once I get my product I may have to end up returning it. I am just crossing my fingers that my blouse will fit. I will write another review once my product is received to save someone else out here the trouble.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I read some of the other reviews regarding Zulily and the issues people had with returning things. My experience with them seems to be totally different. In fact, it was Zulily Customer Service that reached out to ME via email, notifying me of a shipping delay on some of the items I had ordered. I was given the option to continue to wait on the shipment, or to cancel the order. I chose to cancel, and within 24 hours, I was notified that the charges were being refunded, in full. I thought it was great that THEY contacted me rather than having me receive a partial order with an invoice stating: "Some items delayed in shipping"... which HAS happened to me before.

Granted, it's not like I was actually returning something, but still, I thought the personal contact from them was really great. And that they actually carried through on the refund immediately. PLUS, they offered a $10 gift card for the inconvenience! Gives me a lot of confidence in the company and I won't hesitate to order from them again in the future.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I like Zulily and I've got some great prices on merchandise I've bought. The only problem was shoes from Quopid that were a size 10 but turned out to be an 8 narrow which I have to call Customer service about. Zulily gave me credit on 2 pairs of mukluk slippers that were dangerous to walk on without any arguing. My biggest problem is the "submit order" page on Android is a nightmare because thats the only page there is between you and a $1000 mistake and I've made it 4 times. The last one was for $65.00 and $200+ just recently and shortly after downloading the App again the item priced at $65.00 was not even in the Cart. GO FIGURE!

I found out these accidental orders when I checked my email with a Zulily confirmation 4 different times. Can you imagine the utter panic when I inadvertently ordered over $1000 last year. I was so angry. I called them and they were able to cancel each order, I even deleted Zulily for a year and I gave Zulily another try and guess what happened? A $200+ order confirmed by email that I didn't know about. So I I stopped putting items into my Cart for fear of the submit order button and guess what, I look on my orders to find an item for $65.00 being shipped.

I called Zulily, now I have to wait for the item to arrive to ship it back. I have emailed Zulily to change the "submit order" at the bottom of the Android page to no avail. Every online shopping sites have a "review order" page before hitting the submit order page but not Zulily and why they won't correct this page is beyond me, what if I never checked my email and found 2 identical Recliners on my Porch. It's an outrage and yet they don't give you a Review order page. I am deleting the App for good once I sort out this mess with Zulily and I'm not ordering anything again until they change their ordering practice.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Zulily has a high shipping fee, and now it has also introduced high return and restocking fees. Their clothing is very hard to guess on the correct size and varies a lot. I checked the sizing charts on each item, and ordered 3 different blouses in the same size, following the sizing charts. One was way too small and the others were way too big. I've also had this same experience in the past with Zulily. If you order from Zulily, it's almost certain that you will have to return at least some of your orders due to sizing inconsistencies. And you will not only pay the original high shipping fee, but also pay the high return and restocking fee! Also they will not refund directly to your credit card, but only give a store credit!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Firstly, the two times I've had to contact customers service about returns were positive experiences. They hire top-notch people to answer their phones. I will say these are some of the most friendly, and as helpful as they can be customer service people that I've ever encountered. The flip side is that they are bound to give me bad news, because Zulily's returns policy is horrible. I ordered 4 clothing items, of which 2 were clearly poorly-reproduced knockoffs. I did not pay a bargain price for either of these clothing items, if I had, I would be much less annoyed.

Upon contacting their wonderful customer service department, I was informed that they do not issue refunds, but only store credit. I do not want this shady company keeping my money, but I suppose I am bound to order things until my credit runs out and hope that eventually I'll get items that I feel were worth the $100 I now have but don't want in credit. $100 is a few Christmas gifts -- if they issued refunds (and they're absolutely not clear on their policy online). I'd be fine with this company and consider ordering again without feeling coerced to do so. I'm only giving 2 stars because there are people who work at Zulily who are wonderful, they just have their hands tied by terrible and frankly predatory policies.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Ordered 3 advertised tunics that I wanted for the holidays. 15 DAYS LATER it shows it is in TRANSIT to Zulily. Now after reading the reviews I'm concerned they won't be as advertised or fit. Wish I had read this before ordering.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I ordered 2 items that I wanted delivered in 2 days and paid almost $20 for shipping. Turns out that they picked one item and shipped it to arrive in 1-2 days and the second item won't arrive for 2 weeks! I was not informed of this by the website or on the phone when I ordered. I found out thru the tracking email.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I bought the item which my wife did not like. The same day I received it, I called to the company with request to return it. Still I am waiting any answer. For the first time in my life I facing active desire not to return any items. Refund policy does not exist. Customer service is just dragging time not doing anything. Incredible waste of money. In comparison with Amazon this company is not functioning one.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased a rug. I received the wrong rug. It looked NOTHING like the rug I purchased. Right away, I pulled up Zulily chat on Facebook. I continuously received an automated message that I caught them at a busy time... I left chat up for 45 mins and kept getting the same automated message. I called. I reached someone immediately. They put in a return/complaint "ticket" for me.

Went to chat again the next day during work hours. Still got the automated message that they were too busy to respond. I called finally reached someone. I was told a resolution would take 2 weeks (NO ONE informed me that this process would take this long). No one called me or emailed me with updates. In the interim, I emailed and called to get updates. NOT ONE TIME have I ever reached anyone via chat. They are always too busy (they don't want to document, is my theory). Finally 2 weeks passes and "I" call them.

When I called, I was told by the rep that the correct rug is being sent to me (she had no idea when). Next day I get home from work...they sent the same WRONG rug but in a different color. By now I am livid!!! I call them because they've had my money for 2 weeks now. I was told by the rep I would NOT get a refund until I send back BOTH rugs and then it will take an additional 5-7 days for the refund??? I am so upset by now. They offered no consolation or sincere apologies. The staff answering the phones sound miserable. I can hear it in their voices. I have filed a complaint with BBB and my Credit card company. I will NEVER do business with this horrible company again!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I purchased 3 shirts from Zulily, the first one fit very well, it came by itself in a box. The next two again individually boxed came at different times. I had to send 2 of the 2 back because even being the exact same style, they fit completely different. I returned them and 30 days after they still told me that they had not been received. I was so frustrated, no-one would communicate with me and when they did they told me that they hadn't received them. It went on and on... Then I learned that they won't refund my debit card but that I had to have store credit.

Well, after I had to pay the shipping on 2 different packages there wasn't much credit. Seems buying online and not being able to try on they would be a little more flexible with returns. After about 2 months of exchanging emails that were most times not even responded to I got a whopping refund of about a third of the original cost. I will never buy anything from Zulily again, I can't even believe they stay in business.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I ordered and received black boots. The boots have a horrible odor that has not gone away. I wore them one day and found the odor around me all day. I thought it would go away. I put the boots in my closet. The odor was so bad I did not want my clothes to start to smell. I took the boots out of my closet and put them in my room. The odor was so bad in my room, my eyes watered after an hour. I had to put them in the garage. I emailed Zulily support which was recommended. No response. I called Zulily. No answer during business hours. Seems like potentially a lingering chemical making the boots impossible to wear. Irresponsible company!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I just read quite a few complaints and am astonished. I have been buying from this company for 2 years and have had only 1 problem - a pair of shoes ordered in size 9, were filled with size 6. I wrote the company, and received a full credit and was told to keep the shoes, which I donated. As far as the shipping, each item will give you a hint of when to expect shipping, as well as checkout allows you to have a large order broken up into smaller shipments for faster order filling. Of course, doing this does incur extra shipping. My great-granddaughter has at least 20 plus pairs of shoes and boots from this company at that are priced normally under $10.00. I get her the cutest outfits, and holiday clothing at affordable pricing.

I have only had 1 concern with a dress that was larger than expected from the item description, but that is not bad considering online shopping risks as a whole. I know I cannot return as item, but even when I can at other stores, it is sometimes easier to donate the product than stand in the return line and go through the hassle of proving the price paid, etc. I do check unknown vendors on the web for feedback on the companies and products so I know what I am buying. I just ordered a basketball set for Christmas for a great-grandson 2 days ago, and it has already shipped.

This site is fun and carries unusual items for all ages as well. Some of my granddaughters love to watch the makeup area for different nail wraps, or lipsticks with pieces with flowers in the center. I cannot understand all of the negativity, but the consumer needs to have some accountability to understand what they are buying as well as checks on the products they are purchasing. I love this site. (And this is not a paid endorsement - just a very satisfied customer).

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs