3.7/5 (581 ratings)

About zulily

Zulily is an online retailer that offers fashion products, home decor, toys and more. Customers can shop from many different brands and take advantage of Zulily’s price-match promise, which guarantees the company matches or beats the price of other top retailers. With Zulily, purchasing multiple items in your cart helps offset your shipping costs and maximizes savings.

zulily Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have been buying from Zulily for 5 years before QVC bought them. Most of the items are Chinese and are cheaply made. Suzanne Betro is an exception and Thredup will take them to resell if in good shape. I have bought shoes Home Goods toys you name it. Yes shipping takes a long time but I am used to it now. They carry some name brands including makeup and fragrances. I miss weekend free shipping. Customer service is not the best now so I am more careful when ordering. Since covid it is the only place I shop for clothes. I think Zulily gets a bad rap sometimes. Just purchase things you are sure about because they rarely give returns only store credit. Many times it does not pay to send the items back.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Shopping at Zulily for me has become akin to surfing social media for other people. I LOVE the specials and the way the site will tailor the item listings to your personal interests. Once you get familiar with the vendors (usually exclusively clothing) and the quality, it's easy to determine what to stay away from. All the designer items are authentic and they even offer refurbished high dollar mechanical products like iPads and Dyson vacuums. I browse almost everyday just to see what's listed and purchase frequently. I don't mind the longer lead time, I'm always getting little Zulily "gifts" in the mail almost daily.

With as many products that I've purchased, only one time did I find the manufacturer site of the item had a slightly lower price. Every other time, Zulily reigns the low price leader for identical products. I especially like the "back in stock" feature where if you missed an item, they notify you it's back. I can't think of a single retailer where I can buy a 8'x10' high pile area rug that retailed for over $1K for $139. Absolutely gorgeous in my living room!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2021

I love Zulily. Yes, some items take a while to ship, this is because the items are not all warehoused in the same location. I am perfectly fine waiting on something I really like. It is clearly stated when purchasing if an item is returnable or not. I have not had to return anything so far and have been extremely pleased with everything I have purchased. I love how each day there are new items you can purchase. It keeps their site fresh and exciting to see what is New Today or Ending Soon. I recently purchased a throw rug with neutrals of browns & cream for my living room and I'm in love, couldn't be happier.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Customer for eight years and love them! I have bought everything from clothes for me and the grandkids two kitchen gadgets, books, and toys. As far as clothes for me, I’ve learned that many brands run a little small and adjusted my ordering accordingly. I love that some things are marked that they can ship out immediately, those things get here surprisingly fast, usually within a week. I keep a list of brands and what size I wear in them, and of course have my Favorites that I buy from frequently when they are offered. Even when things do not fit right, customer Service has been fabulous! Extremely prompt refunds, easy returns, and pleasant people to deal with. I’ve recommended this site to literally over 100 people and would continue to do so indefinitely.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I have ordered countless items from Zulily for as long as they’ve been in business. I’ve purchased clothing, to kitchenware to toys. I had an item arrive but was wrong. I contacted them and they refunded my item including return shipping. It was a credit but I was ok with that. I’ve had a few clothing items be of a lesser quality so now I avoid those brands. All other items I’ve had no issues with. Customer service has always been excellent. They now offer some returnable items although whenever a problem has occurred, they’ve taken care of it. The only complaint I would have with them is the shipping times. In an Amazon instant delivery world, it is hard to wait weeks for an item.

I am quite confused over so many negative reviews on here as I have always been very satisfied with Zulily. One person stated a price went up. Well, prices on certain items have gone up due to covid and shipping restrictions. Appliances, electronics and some plastic items are harder to get. I always check Amazon to cost compare. That being said, I will continue to shop with Zulily as I have never had bad service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

I decided to try Zulily because I had an online coupon code. When I went to check out, the coupon code was deducted as expected. However, when I was done with checkout, the coupon code was not applied to my credit card purchase! When I questioned the company, this is the response I received, "Thank you for reaching out. Sorry, we are unable to refund the $10 for the coupon code. I want to assure you that we continually strive to make things better, and are focused on what we can do to make your experience as effortless and enjoyable as possible." What exactly does that mean?? Zulily.com has deceptive pricing schemes. This was my first and ONLY purchase from them. I'd rather buy from an "honest" company rather the one that would steal $10 from their customers!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I keep going back to this site after many years of ordering. Other sites have set offerings, but Zulily pioneered showcasing many "stores", designers, retailers so the little guys had a venue to sell their items. PLUS, they rotate all the time so the same ol' stuff isn't on there every time you look. Their model makes it necessary to limit returns at time (It's more expensive to take return than to just credit). Sadly, many lowlifes abuse this and it makes it hard on any business! I buy clothes for us all, gifts and household items. They now have imitators, but none measure up.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I bought a pair of boots that were advertised as waterproof - they were not. The first time that I wore them my feet got wet. Product was terrible - waste of money. I will never buy from this site again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I received the worst quality and most offensive smelling product from my Zulily order, than I have ever received from any online purchase. Due to mobility issues, I do order online often. And I opened a credit card, handled through Synchrony bank. If I try to access my account (to make payment) via the Zulily site, I am kicked out continually as soon as I attempt to process payment. A red "leather" jacket is one item I received that would not even qualify for pleather. It has some kind of paper material liner that made me itch all over just trying it on. And there is no way to wash it to attempt removing the offensive smell. Everything smelled! And the one item that was washed, the smell is still horrible!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Merchandise always looks good in pics - rarely a good representation of actual items. Pressure based sales - "only 1 left". Returns include restock, flat rate shipping $8.95 and usually just "store credit". They typically take orders to get from a manufacturer, so if you get a size that isn't quite right, absorb the return cost, it's very unlikely the replacement size will be available. All that after waiting 6 to 8 weeks for shipping. Customer service is infuriating lately, very argumentative - customer is never right at Zulily. Wasn't always so. I shopped Zulily for 8 years. Plenty of good retailers with great customer service.

zulily author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

zulily Company Information