2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Zulily is an online retailer that offers fashion products, home decor, toys and more. Customers can shop from many different brands and take advantage of Zulily’s price-match promise, which guarantees the company matches or beats the price of other top retailers. With Zulily, purchasing multiple items in your cart helps offset your shipping costs and maximizes savings.

zulily Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I've been a customer at Zulily for the past five years. I know how to spot Chinese apparel and you also can research the company names separately. But if you tend to go for the cheapest thing on the site and it says it's going to take three weeks or more to be delivered that in my opinion is a recipe for disaster! As I found the above to be a rarity as I'm now a Zulily pro.

But the merchandise is not all crap and far from it. I have bought a tonne and thousands of dollars of stuff and I'm very happy with all of it. They have a lot of brand name items that go through the site. You can even have an email sent when a company posts items for sale. There are some very high end items that show up now and then. I've seen Nine West, Coach and some high-end European designers. Also the customer service is very receptive. For instance I had ordered about $200 of stuff and was let go from my job about three days later. I called customer service to cancel my orders and because they hadn't shipped they canceled the entire order. If you read the product descriptions including their particular sizing charts and review Company names separately (if you're not familiar with them already) you shouldn't go wrong.

I can count on one hand things I wasn't particularly happy with whether quality or sizing but that was a learning curve. All in all Zulily has been good to me and it gets more and more brand names as the years go on. As someone else stated I'm surprised with the bad reviews but what I read from those reviews was they went for the cheapest they could find and of course didn't get what they thought they were getting. It's happened to me on Amazon many times but I can safely say less on Zulily. And folks that's my two cents. Cheers!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I love Zulily. In general I'm not someone who shops online but I find the variety and prices drool worthy. Shipping takes a couple weeks but the shipping cost is cheap. Often once the item is purchased the website will offer further shopping for no additional shipping cost. One caveat: stick to brand names. Every day new items are added and the website is easy to use. I'm not a techie or a millennial but for my purposes, Zulily is a winner.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I have been ordering from Zulily for about 3 years. They have always delivered my items in a timely manner. The quality is good and prices are affordable. They have good payment options and excellent customer service. They receive items through various venders. It would be good advice to research each individual before ordering. That is what I do and I have always been satisfied. I would recommend this site.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have had nothing but good service from Zulily, the one time that an item arrive and was not sewn properly I sent them a picture and received my money back within 48 hours. The sizing charts could be a bit more detailed but overall I am not afraid to order from them. I wear their Tunics all year round!

Original review: March 10, 2020

Last week I received the wrong product I ordered from Zulily. The (Vendor) had sent me the wrong item. One phone call and 2 emails later problem solved. The vendor has sent the replacement, during the last 6 years I've had nothing but good experiences with Zulily Customer service. What they couldn’t fix they replaced or refunded without any hassle. I find all you have to be is Nice, that's if they will do whatever is in their power to make you happy.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I have shopped at Zulily for years on a daily basis finding gifts and purchases for myself. Unfortunately about 2 weeks ago I noticed the huge increase in prices. Most are doubled. The Step 2 wagon I was going to get for my grandson went from $79.99 to $161.99 and what does the BBD before the price stand for, this is new.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Zulily does not allow any reviews of the products they sell - which is, in itself, a huge red flag. The clothing is extremely poorly made and runs about 4 sizes small. The rug I purchased was described as "indoor/outdoor" and was a loop shag. Since I was using it indoors, I thought it might be okay. It started unraveling within a week - in the middle of the rug! Each time I tried to return damaged/defective items, they gave me a "no returns" runaround for weeks, then told me I had to pay return postage. For defective items! This is after I sent photos, measurements, copies of receipts, etc.

In addition, shipping takes weeks to months - and always has, since my earliest order in 2015 - because they do not sell their own merchandise. They list merchandise (inaccurately) that is sold by other companies. They charge your credit card the same day you place your order. Days later, they place their order with that company. (The item may or may not be in stock.) Once they receive the goods from that company, weeks or months later, depending what country has manufactured it, they send it on to you. Meanwhile, your credit card has had that charge the whole time. Zulily is a scam. The business model is a scam. The few items I got that worked out well are NOT worth the money I lost at the end, in 2018.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I ordered 4 dresses and 2 pieces of jewelry. The reasons I want to return all items except one jeweled barrette is that the necklace was broken and very cheaply made. Two of the dresses were too large and the other were not flattering. I tried to contact them using the email addressees they provided on the packing slip. The computer did not accept either zulily.com/account/orders or emailing service@zulily.com.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Bought a pair of boots. They were horrible - hard, poor material, etc. Not only did I have to pay for the return, but they also deducted their original shipping out of my credit. IN ADDITION, they issue store credit rather than crediting my credit card. I never want to order from the EVER AGAIN, so now you are forced to buy something that will also be of poor quality. Basically I just gave them my $$$ for free!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I purchased a Bobsweep robot vacuum for just under $200 and it stopped working shortly after I received it. After contacting Zulily for several months, the only response that I received is that the company won’t return their communication. I believe they should be partially responsible for the vendors that they work with. I am just am having to eat the money and will no longer order through his company.

zulily author review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team