1.62/5
Based on 192 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 24, 2018

211 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2018

I used to order from Zulily frequently a couple years ago. I ordered 2 outfits from them to take on my vacation. They did not arrive in time for my vacation. It took approximately 6 weeks for the clothes to arrive. I explained the situation and they could care less. I also tried to cancel the orders when I realized they would not arrive in time. Zulily canceled a pair of sandals I ordered since they were delayed. Now even if I returned the items, there is a $8.95 fee for up to 5 items, and you have to pay to ship them back. So it ends up that you are losing money. And they won't give you a refund only store credit. I will never buy from Zulily again. Customer service showed no concern regarding my disappointment with them. They also sent me 2 different responses to the same issue. Note, there are 2 different orders with similar outfits.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Buyers have to pay return shipping on defective products. Requested a return on shoes that were uncomfortable due to sharp plastic stitching being very uncomfortable. They didn't send a label like Amazon or other places I've dealt with. It wasn't worth returning for the hassle plus having to pay return shipping (probably why they don't do it).

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Tried to call customer service three times. Rolled to hold each time. Waited 20 min. each time, then hung up. Called next day and C.S. answered, but did not resolve issue. Tried to speak with supervisor. On hold 20 more mins, hung up. No resolution. They sent my wife a pants outfit that had the size hand written into the new garment tag with an inked X Nextel to a printed L. Ordered an XL and this was not an XL. Not a happy customer of Zulily!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I usually love zulily but am afraid to order any clothing again. The first thing that is, so irritating... the promo cover pictures for whatever it is they will be offering. More than once the promo cover picture intrigued me and wanted to see it only to find it was nowhere included in what they were offering. Called customer service only to be told the company used an old promo picture... WHAT??? SO very misleading and disappointing.

Also they need much better quality control. My friend ordered a brightly colored abstract tunic top. The colors were beautiful. On the model it came down a little past her hips. I ordered one also. When we received it we both tried it on. The colors were so faded you could barely tell that there was a pattern to it. Also it came to mid calf!!! Halfway between my knees and ankle!!! Does zulily not do any quality tests on the merchandise they offer??? Also I purchased a Reborn tank top. A beautiful grey top v neck with fringe. I ordered accordingly to the size chart. It was huge and certainly did not match the picture... So buyer beware. Some things are not returnable.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The towels (Elegance set) eventually arrived. Online the color looked very pretty, in reality the color in the ones I received resembled a VERY washed out version of something Pale green/grey. With a LOT of imagination I could see how they might use "Jade" but it should say VERY PALE JADE/Grey. Nothing like the ad, I wonder if they accidentally enhanced the color?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: May 9, 2018

Ordered this really cute shirt (Sidetail Tunic) on April 18th and received on May 9th - it took 3 weeks - really kind of surprising! Then, I was so disappointed when I opened the package because the smell made me want to retch. It smelled like burnt plastic. OK, no problem, I will simply wash it later. So I immediately tried it on and it was too small. :( I ordered a size up just to be sure. Oh well... I called customer service to return it. I have to pay for my shipping, so all in all I waited three weeks, was disappointed with the product and then lost money - Never again Zulily, I learned my lesson.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I cannot express just how very excellent the customer service is with ZULILY. This is an excellent company with wonderful products and the best customer service I have ever experienced. The prices cannot be beat and if there is ever a problem it will be taken care of. A special shout out to Lakita who stayed on the phone way past the time she was supposed to get off to help me out, and to Tom, her supervisor who I talked to tell him to give her a raise!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had forgotten how cheaply their garments were made. So I ordered a pair of cute linen overalls...I received them after almost 4 weeks. They were all wrinkly in the package and they must run small. I know linen wrinkles easy but you could at least fold it neatly to avoid more wrinkling. Plus the material was very thin you could see through it. I paid 59.99 for them so I expected better. I just asked for a refund and will be shipping them back tomorrow. They’ll refund the money minus 8.95 for s/h to my zulily account. Also ordered a white shirt that faintly resembled what I ordered...it was cheaply made and very thin see through. Deleting the app from my phone the minute I am finished dealing with them.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I lost 2 stones out of a ring I wore the first time I wore it. Customer service told me they could not replace the item because it was no longer available, to discard the ring and they were going to give me a full credit. Right away they gave me a credit to my Zulily account. After a short time it disappeared. After contacting customer service (approx. 10 times) I am still trying to get my full refund. It appears they are playing a game with me by their responses and inaccurate information and clearly are not looking into the problem. Horrible communication and customer service.

Original review: April 30, 2018

My very first purchase was during a promotion for designer perfumes... Creed, Bond and others... I purchased three bottles totaling over $300. The first CREED arrived and it is not authentic. It has been altered, watered down and topper replaced. I contacted customer service. Was sent to floor manager who informed me the colognes are not returnable. I am waiting for the legal department to contact me in 7 days. REALLY? I offered to mail it back for their inspection with a full description of FAKE VS Authentic Creed and told they can do nothing at this time. I have made a grave mistake in shopping on Zulily. I'm beyond upset. Fingers crossed they will make this right. Stay tuned.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I ordered a pair of sandals off of Zulily that took weeks and weeks to arrive. When they finally did arrive, they arrived in a mostly destroyed box, and contained not a PAIR of sandals, but two sandals of completely different sizes! They have now accepted my return for store credit, but I do not feel like a return for such an egregious lapse in quality control should result in store credit. I do not want to buy anything else from Zulily, but now have $39.99 in store credit. I believe that if a return is because of an error on the company's fault, customer should be fully refunded their money, not given store credit. At the end of the day, Zulily still gets my money even though they sent me TWO SHOES OF DIFFERENT SIZES in a ripped up box. What kind of customer service is this?

Original review: April 28, 2018

I purchased a few pieces of dresses for my daughter from sunshine swing on Zulily, after waited for the whole month, the package finally got here. The material is very trashy and feels like plastic material. Color is different from the picture and the size is way small. I wish I could return!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I ordered some shoes and told them if they were coming from China that they would not fit. They didn't answer but sent the shoes anyway. I should've known when it took 2 months to get here that that's where they were coming from. I had multiple emails back and forth asking how to return them for a full refund. Every time they just said, "We are happy to help you and want you to be enjoying your purchase." When I returned the shoes all they would do was give me a store credit of one-third of my purchase. I paid $29.00 for the shoes with shipping included. It took $12 to return them as they didn't include that in the box. They offered $10 as a store credit. I am reporting them to the BBB. I did not get a receipt with my order, just this piece of paper that shows what I ordered. Everything looks as if they've been through this before. Very shabby service.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I've ordered from this site personally twice, and received an order as a gift, and all three times received "crap." In order to return items, they take nearly a third of your full order cost out to make you eat the return cost. I have never been charged to return items that were of poor quality or that didn't fit as the size chart indicated. I have called and waited on hold for 20 minutes just to talk to a representative to say I will pay to return the items, being their shipping estimates are completely ridiculous, and was told that that is what they charge to print and email the return labels, and once a return is requested, there is nothing they can do. I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Do not trust this Zulily company, stay away!! They are misleading in their advertisement and do not honor their sale offers. I do not recommend them to anyone. You are better off buying from a department store. Customer service are no help at all, they tell you one thing and do another. This company is not worth the trouble. They don't refund your money, but offer you store credit that you can't use. Their clothes look beautiful online, but they are poorly made. Once you buy from Zulily you are stuck with the bill no matter what.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I bought a $40 tote bag which broke while picking it up (not heavy or overloaded). Normal picking up a bag. And Zulily says that because it wasn't damaged on arrival I could not get a refund. Even though it was 3 weeks after I got the bag. Buyer beware!

Original review: April 19, 2018

They make it impossible to even look at their clothes online. Signing up for something means annoying email to have to unsubscribe from. I tried to log in with Facebook which usually works and kept getting sent back to another blank log in page. They kept all their photos blurred out, how dumb. So, I guess they won’t be getting any of my business even though I really like the patterns for their tunics. They look great with jeans too, I would have bought quite a few.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I ordered a very nice refurbished Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Vacuum from Zulily and paid for 2 day shipping (that they won't reimburse me for) and they sent me something COMPLETELY different! I called customer service and they sent me a return label and they told me that I would receive a store credit. So they can get my next order screwed up too? No effing thanks. This is the second order they have gotten wrong. Last time they sent me plus size leggings that were crap quality. No more Zulily for me. You guys need to get it together.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Their customer service is terrible. They will do nothing to help you. I ordered several things and it took forever to get them, only to find out they were the wrong sizes and the quality... my Goodness! Also, the savings are not really there. The shipping cost, plus all the time it takes to get your order, the disappointment when you see the poor quality, not to talk about the fact that you have to pay the cost of returning the items. No thanks! I only shop from online stores that have an actual store where I live and that allow me to return them to the store. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have never ordered from zulily before, but figured why not try. Unfortunately, it will be my last time. The wait time to receive my order was so very long, although I understand how their policy works with vendors, I was understanding. Sadly, the three clothing items that I did finally receive were way below my expectations. Buying things unseen can be difficult, but the quality was beyond disappointing. See-through sheer, poorly made is the only way I can describe it. I cannot even imagine how any of the items would hold up after a washing. Live and learn, but I won't be back anytime soon.

Original review: April 14, 2018

On 3.22.2018, I purchased a pair of children's dress sandals from Zulily. I even downloaded the app. By the next morning I tracked my order on the app. It had 4 steps plus a house symbol. I thought I was going to get my shoes. They were fast. To my surprise they were in Lockbourne, Ohio. I waited 3 more days and then called customer service. They assured me my shoes shipped and were on the way. I waited 2 more days and contacted them again. At this point they were sure my shoes shipped but Zulily said they would return my money and if I got them to just keep them.

2 weeks later now and I have not received them. I contacted UPS and they could not track them but said a shipping label was made but could not track the package. This tells me they were never shipped. This is the worst company ever and I will never order from them again. Poor service. I feel like they took my money. I really wanted the dress sandals. I hope you get this review Zulily???

Original review: April 7, 2018

Quality is not good. The material was polyester, not the polyester of today, the way it was in the 60s 70s, not good. Also, someone stated they would be contacting the BBB. I don't think they can help because this company is not accredited. Stay away from Zulily.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I have purchased before and I have had poor quality but I have learned just make sure it really low in price and make sure to do multiple items to cover $8.95 shipping. I have ordered boots that stated wide fit that were over $100, just to not even be able to get my foot in. I noted to them this. They gave me credit. But you see you lose no matter what. I had to send the defective boots back. It was not my fault but I paid just to get some back. But order something that is under $15 you are out of all your money especially on defective items. You cannot even resell this junk.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been trying to get a human at Zulily, they send me a link to return incredibly cheaply made leggings so thin you can see right thru them! The link for return label DOES NOT WORK. I do NOT want a credit. I want my money back, there should be a way they cannot deceive people, and I thought I was actually ordering off Fabletics!!! THIS IS HORRIBLE and should be much better regulated on what is called QUALITY LEGGINGS!!

Original review: March 30, 2018

I ordered a few items that says, "Ships in 1-3 business days with standard shipping." They insisted that I needed to choose and pay for expedited shipping. I took a snapshot to show them that it clearly said 1-3 business days with regular standard shipping. They ignored my emails and sent me another email which was copied and pasted that said the same thing as the previous email. I called them out on not reading my email and requested a cancellation of my order. They didn’t bother responding. The customer service is atrocious. Don’t bother doing business with Zulily. They don’t care about customer service at all and they falsely advertise.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My first time ordering from them. They took my money, yet I received no confirmation of anything. Went to my Zulily account, no history of an order or shipment! I should have checked here first to read the reviews. I emailed them. I'm hopeful this will get resolved. If not I will be contacting the BBB and possibly my state attorney general. I urge others to do the same if there hasn't been any fair resolution to your problem.

Original review: March 29, 2018

After being a customer for many years, today the final nail was put in their coffin. I have had some scattered issues in the past, but usually they resolved them even if it took a while. Over the last two months, my experiences with them have been horrid. In seven orders, I’ve had the following experiences: 1.) What I received was not what I ordered (4) times on different orders. 2.) Items received did not match the picture (4) times on (3) orders. 3.) Item arrived but in a different color than ordered (2) times in (2) orders. 4.) Order cancelled because of improper order/inventory management (2) times in (2) orders. 5.) Items of poor quality/broken/damaged which was clearly done prior to shipment and was not caught in quality control (2) times on (2) orders.

I have been very patient with them regarding this flurry of mistakes only to receive horrendous and flippant customer service. Today, when I emailed them about the ongoing issues after cancelling an order, I was told thanks for the feedback but there was nothing they could or would do to fix any of these issues. I researched their company and their suppliers and they have expanded their suppliers to include a vast array of subcontractors which also produce cheap quality products for other suppliers (like Wish) but brand them as coming directly from the listed supplier and charging more.

This may be a downstream supply management issue and not a Zulily specific issue but the point is you can get the same cheaply made crap other places for a lot less. Secondly, I discovered that their prices are not any lower in many instances than buying the same item on sale direct from the supplier often with free shipping and that ships within a few days as opposed to their 3-4 week lead time. These suppliers also offer coupons and other discounts which made the items I purchased more than 30% cheaper. Additionally, all of these suppliers accept returns which often they do not even when it’s their mistake. Lastly, I discovered that reviews of them as an employer which were less than favorable noting poor working conditions and low wages.

I would just do your own research before buying from them and shop around on pricing and shipping as you may not be getting the deal you think you are getting. Additionally, if you do order from them, don’t expect to get what you order so you may want to weigh your risks especially if it’s for a gift or other specified purpose. Lastly, remember all the risk is on you when you order as they don’t maintain inventory and if it comes in wrong due to their mistake, you are the one who will have to do all the legwork to fix it. I assure you customer service won’t care other than refunding your money - if you package it, ship it back to them, wait for their inspection and maybe 4-5 weeks later you receive a credit. Good luck!

Original review: March 27, 2018

I've been shopping with Zulily for a few years. The clothes I buy usually pill after two washings. You have to approach their stuff as disposable clothing. I also have bought some housewares from them. Unfortunately, the order I placed at the end of November included two items that should have lasted at least a year or more. Three of the items, in particular a salad spinner, became unusable after less than four months. I asked for a refund. I would have taken a store credit, but rather than offer that, they told me that I needed to let them know within 30 days that the items were defective. How could I do that if the items only became defective after more than 30 days had elapsed? I will go to other stores in the future in order to be able to return defective items for a refund or store credit. I am deleting the Zulily app from my iPad and will not be ordering from them again.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I ordered Havaiana sandals. They were a great price however the cost of shipping completely negated the discount. On top of that, I won’t get my order until almost a month after I ordered. Buyers remorse for sure.

Original review: March 26, 2018

We ordered a breastfeeding top on February 19th, after no word until a month later, the top was finally shipped. It then took almost a week to ship. It finally arrived March 24th. I contacted customer support and was informed they work through third party dealers and it wasn’t really their fault. They credited me 10$ whole dollars to make up for the fact that their shirt was delivered over a month late. Never shop from them.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs