1.67/5
Based on 204 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

236 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

Zulily Customer Service is the WORST I've ever encountered anywhere! I ordered $200+ worth of clothing from Zulily (first time customer). Items arrived within a reasonable time, but none of the items fit (their sizing runs small compared to other retailers) so I returned everything, all together in one box, after having received a Return Auth # from customer service. Within a few weeks, they gave me store credit for one item, so I KNOW they received everything, but they acknowledged only that one item. I contacted Customer Service (by email) and asked for a refund for the remainder of my order. They said they'd issue a refund promptly once the items were received. I explained that the items HAVE been received because they were all sent in one box and I got a Zulily credit (not a refund) worth about $40 for one of the items. They say they'll look into it.

Weeks go by. I contact them asking for status update. The entire process starts again from the beginning. I give them a copy of previous communication, and they say they'll look into it and get back to me. This goes on for months and months. My request is escalated through management (or so they claim), but each time the response is "Once we receive your items we'll issue a refund." A year has gone by and I've given up, which is (I'm sure) the result they were looking for. Zulily is a scam company as far as I'm concerned. I will never shop there again, and will never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Zulily charged me twice for an item I had cancelled. When I contacted customer support they said this wasn’t possible but to send them a screenshot of the transactions. I did. They stated these would just fall off my account but my bank assured me they had been deducted. Zulily won’t issue refunds but continues to send emails as to how they are working on it. I have had to complete a police report stating fraud on the part of Zulily and give it to my bank. My debit card has been shut down and the bank has reimbursed me. Now I am waiting on a new debit card. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 14, 2018

I ordered some things from zulily for Christmas a few years ago and didn't have any problems with the orders. I didn't order from them again for a long time then recently ordered some Havaianas sandals a few months ago. Weeks went by and the sandals never shipped, so I messaged them to inquire about it and they said the vendor apparently didn't have enough, so they canceled my order and I was refunded. Whatever.

For reference to the next part, I have all my card information in my zulily account because it's just convenient. Today I got a notification that I ordered two watches and some cologne for a grand total of SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. I checked my bank account and sure enough I was charged hundreds of dollars. For things that I never ordered. As a poor college student I absolutely cannot afford to just lose hundreds of dollars, and I try to be really conscious and aware of buying from reputable sites. I thought zulily was okay but I guess I didn't research enough.

I called customer service and they issued a refund, and I asked them to completely shut down my account because I don't want to worry about my money getting stolen and I don't want to give my business to a company that apparently makes it easy for fraud to occur. I also called my bank and cancelled my card. Now I'm worried that they will charge me again, as someone else in the reviews with the same experience had happen. I literally just created an account to write this review and warn others to avoid this company. Sure, you might have some orders that turn out fine, but it is absolutely not worth the risk of getting your money stolen. Beware.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The worst. I bought a pair of bifocal glasses. They were uneven and the bifocal lens so far down they were unusable. Returning to this place is a total hassle. I spent $5.95 for shipping, have to pay return shipping and was told I would have a $7.50 credit to respond at a company I will never use again. Buyer beware.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I bought blouse women size s/m. Paid 19.99$ and 5.95$ for shipping-=25.94$. My size is 6-8 for top. I got item, but it was not labeled correct by seller. It is size 2 or 4. Maybe it is girl s/m size, but not women. Customer service agree to store credit back 11.04 only - shipping and handling back cost 8 .95. So- I have to pay about 15$ for nothing? Why I have to be punished not seller?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: July 9, 2018

I ordered a personalized plaque with my daughter's name for her nursery and it is nothing like the advertised picture plus her name isn’t spelled correctly. When I sent them an email with the picture of what was sent and what it was actually supposed to spell they offered me a courtesy store credit. Once I told them I’d like my refund sent to my bank account because I no longer wish to do business with Zulily or order anything else from their website due to such an inconvenience, I was still told that I’m being offered a courtesy store credit and that the name says what it is supposed to say.

If it did say what it should then why are you offering a credit? Makes no sense, I pointed out that it looks nothing like the picture and the letters are not visible like on the advertised picture! I even went as far as to send the picture they have online along with the picture of the poorly made plaque they sent me that took over a month to receive when it looked like it took 2 hours to make. This company is a joke and I will never order anything from them again!

Original review: July 8, 2018

The details are very vague as to when the item will be shipped. If you can they may say 4 to 6 weeks but that information is nowhere to be found. Then you are asked to make the concern to service@zulily.com. It appears the business model is not great. The clothes are nice but it’s not clear about order information. When you click to order it is processed immediately without given detailed information. Apparently they store your credit card information. I am not please with getting the orders 4 to 6 weeks.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I should have listened to the reviews... Who waits weeks & weeks for their items? You will if you order from this outfit! Returns... that will be shipping charge deducted = 5 items for $8.95. Oh, you wanted that cash back on your debit card? NOPE! STORE CREDIT ONLY! You are better off shopping Prime!

Original review: July 5, 2018

I was reading some of the reviews for Zulily on here and had some concerns, but I went ahead and ordered anyway. I purchased a king-sized comforter for just under $30 (one of those sale of the day things). My order arrived within a week. The quality was good (better than I thought it would be for the price - normal price $99). I had no problems with purchasing from this site and will most likely purchase again if I see another product that is priced right.

Original review: July 2, 2018

In May, several orders were placed on my Zulily account that totaled over $1,000 within a span of a few hours. Since I have alerts set up on my accounts, I called both my credit card company and Zulily to advise them of the fraud. My credit card company cancelled my account and issued a new card. Zulily said they would cancel all transactions (which were addressed to Cypress TX - which should have set up a flag?) and they also closed my account. However, during the next billing cycle, Zulily charged my credit card for some of the items. I had to call my credit card company again and dispute the charges.

I called Zulily and they said that disputing the charges was the best route. My Credit Card company is going to take another week to investigate. While waiting on hold for Zulily, their policy is to take orders and then place the order with the vendor to make the items, so shipping is usually delayed for a few weeks. How did these items get expedited to ship the next day? Something doesn't seem quite right that I should have to keep beating back these fraudulent charges.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I have been shopping through Zulily for several years. I have been mostly satisfied with their service and products. I have bought clothing (mostly), shoes, novelty items, watches... I have clothing that I bought years ago that I still wear today. I love that I can buy unusual items I cannot find at others stores. With that said, not all products I have received have been perfect. The thing to remember is that Zulily sells items for other companies. The products are not their own. This is the reason the quality may differ, and refunds may be difficult. They get "bargain" prices for those products for a short period of time. Many times, if you research the product you are buying you might find more info. Another thing to consider is that this is an online store. I have bought clothing which didn't fit as I had expected, but that is the chance I take from buying online. When buying anything online, a buyer should take this into consideration.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Zulily has great photos of its merchandise, and uses product descriptions. Unfortunately, shipments take forever and the merchandise is usually not what I expected. Fit and materials are cheap and sometimes not at all like the picture. They sometimes switch manufacturers and returns are so difficult and they usually give a credit and not a refund deducting shipping. I will be shopping at Macy's and TJ Maxx from now on.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I ordered 5 tops from this company... I wished I had seen these reviews first. After almost 3 months of waiting I finally got 4 of 5 items... all CRAP! Looks like they were sewn together by a 2 year old, stitching showed, was not straight lines and material was unidentifiable! I returned EVERYTHING except the 1 they never sent me and they received them all back and they want me to take a Zulily credit. The items are crap. I won’t be getting anything else from you! Now I’m fighting to get my money back! They have their items and my money.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Orders all looked 90% worse than they did online. Bad quality, overpriced and arrived late (like 8 weeks after order date). I returned everything on time. I had to follow up via phone 3 months later to get my $ back!!! Their site said nothing had been received. But the operator said they had received them and gave a courtesy refund. Would they have just kept my $ if I had not called? BAD! Worse than ordering from China via eBay. At least eBay has a good policy...

Original review: June 25, 2018

I ordered an 11" Dell Computer from Zulily. After 6 months the computer will not turn on. Zulily will not take it as a return because they only allow returns with 30 days of purchase. So, I am stuck with a computer that will not work. Their customer service is terrible - rude, dismissive, and non caring. I will never purchase from Zulily again.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I purchased a pair of sandals size 10... Two sizes larger than I wear. The sandals are tiny and FILTHY! They are more like a US 7. I asked for a refund. I had paid &19.95 + $6.09 S&H. They wanted to refund $11.04. Will never buy from them again. Please see photos... Sandals next to my US size 7-8 slipper.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I've been hesitant about ordering from Zulily for years but finally gave in because they had a bunch of cool graphic tees I couldn't find anywhere else. The first order I placed, I just bought one t-shirt because I wanted to see how the process goes and also see what the brand is like in terms of quality and sizing. It turned out fine; yeah, it took much longer than most companies you order from online but it was within the window so no biggie. Fast forward a month or so. I placed two orders on June 9th. For reasons that are beyond me, all the items (except one) show as shipping on June 27. That's 18 days after the order was placed - assuming they even stick to that timeframe. They claim their time frame for shipping is 10-14 days, so already that's an issue.

What's much worse, though, and really disconcerting is that the one item that has supposedly shipped and comes up with a tracking number on their website doesn't even look like it has actually shipped! The item supposedly shipped on June 19 but when I clicked on the link, it takes me to the UPS website and says that UPS was notified of a shipment being created... the end. CLEARLY NOT ACTUALLY IN TRANSIT. So I'm going to wait until the end of the month and if all my items aren't in transit with a verifiable tracking number showing updates that they're heading my way, I'm filing a claim and a complaint with the BBB (not that this will do much as we all know!). While I understand the reasoning behind their business model, the prices are THAT amazing to justify the ridiculously long wait times. It smacks of a pyramid scheme to me so this will definitely be my last time ordering from them.

Original review: June 13, 2018

1st experience: Ordered two comforter sets. Waited 2 weeks, no shipping confirmation but I had been charged for them. Finally called. "Oh, we cancelled your order the items were damaged in transit". I was never notified of any of this and only when I called was my purchase refunded. 2nd experience: placed order on June 1, finally after 2 emails and a phone call was told items would not ship until June 20. Customer service rep was rude, condescending and frankly no help at all! Told me items take 8-14 days to ship. I told him this equated to 18 days. He laughed and said... "Oh well, what do you want me to do?" I will never ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!

Updated on 06/20/2018: Well to follow up on a recent review, it is now day 20 of the siege: Still no shipping information, no products received. Why can't I give them 0 or negative stars for their customer service and shipping? Their 7-14 day policy has now somehow changed to 21 days according to the person I just spoke to. Save yourself the headache. Spend a couple of extra dollars and shop somewhere else. The wait and the aggravation is NOT worth it!

Original review: June 12, 2018

If I could give them 0 stars I would!! I ordered an Dusty Rose Maxi Dress for my pregnancy, when I received it I tried it on and it was nothing like the picture or what I was expecting. I returned it expecting my money back on my original payment method minus the shipping I paid (been 3 weeks). I been e-mailing customer service for weeks and they did not resolve my problem, and they tell me the same thing that I have a store credit of $7.04?? I did not ask for store credit and never even wore this dress more than 1 minute to try it on. Right when I received it in the mail I sent it right back.

Customer service at Zulily is so crappy and do not help you. They did not explain the return or exchanges and when I read it before I purchased it said I could get my money with no hassle and easy returns which is a LIE!! They scammed me out of a purchase around $24 and kept the shipping for a re-stocking fee plus customer service said I can either get the $15.99 for the dress for store credit or only get the $7.04 back on my original payment method. Which is pretty messed up when I received an e-mail saying I would get it back from the original payment method. I e-mailed customer service saying I will never shop with them again. Also, very unsatisfied customer. WASTE OF MONEY!!! If I were you I would not buy from them! From my personal experience lesson learned. Just waiting for my $7.04 refund now to my bank account. If not I will be calling them back.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I placed an order with them on June 1 and applied for their credit card. On June 9th I received an email saying that one of the items I purchased will be delivered on June 20th. Still no word on when the others are going to be shipped. On June 11th I received an email asking me that my payment will be due soon. I haven't even received any of the items I purchased and they are asking me for payment already. How do you pay for something you haven't even received! It's crazy.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Honestly I'm surprised how this company is still surviving, they charge shipping and seems like they ship from China. It literally takes weeks. And most of their stuff can be found on Amazon with Prime delivered in 2 days. However if you do want a long shipping time Wish is probably a cheaper option and you still get your stuff in the same amount of time. They need to revise their shipping if they want to stay afloat. In today's shopping nobody wants to wait 2 weeks to get their packages.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Zulily is an online department store with many categories of goods available for sale. I have ordered jewelry, outdoor decor items, and clothing. Jewelry and outdoor decor have been received as described and I felt I got good value at a discounted price point. A couple clothing items have been OK for fit, price and wearability but certainly not the quality I was expecting from the descriptions. Most of the clothing is another story. In the past few months I have seen several items online that looked nice and I ordered them...4 blouses and a pair of capris.

1st blouse- very nice online. I even read the reviews by other purchasers and saw the item fit small...so I ordered a larger size. It arrived...the color was nice, the cut was nice but the size was huge. I contacted Zulily to let them know how I felt and they surprised me. They were very understanding, sorry for my experience and offered to post a credit to my account. They even suggested not to return the item since it would cost so much, instead, donate the item to a local charity. I did that. I also sent them an email commending them for such wonderful customer service, a response quite uncommon in today's corporate culture.

2nd blouse...Now that Zulily has been so kind as to credit my account with the purchase price of blouse #1 I decide to order another blouse. Again, the picture online is lovely, cut, color, fabric. I ordered the blouse in a floral with white background (my 2 options were black or white background). Well, it arrived and I had never seen that shade of white. It was so "not white", more of a very bad yellow. I am disappointed and will be giving the blouse to charity. I did not contact Zulily this time.

3rd blouse...I ordered this the same time as blouse # 2. It was very nice online and I ordered it according to the size chart supplied with the item. I received the item...the color was exactly like in the picture and fabric was exactly as described. I'm not sure I have ever ordered something online and had it arrive being such a close match to the photo. Imagine my disappointment when I tried the blouse on and it was HUGE. I'm not talking a little big, I mean HUGE. This will also be donated to Charity. I'm sure there is someone out there who will be very happy with this item. 4th purchase...a pair of white capris. Again, online the color was very white and the color choice for ordering was white...not off-white, winter white, sort-of white, or any other white...just white. The product I received was nowhere near white. Again, a disappointment and this item will also be going to the local charity.

5th item...another blouse. This was an item I had eyed online for some time and was very hesitant to make yet another mistake. But once again I ignored the my own reservations and ordered. The item was described as polyester/spandex; appeared to be a soft, draping fabric in pretty muted floral tones. Once again I ordered based on the attached sizing chart. This story is becoming all too familiar...the item arrived today and I am beyond disappointed, it is NOT like the beautiful top in the picture. It is much too large, a cheap, scratchy knit with a muddy-colored floral print on a greeny/yellow background. I believe I can say I have honestly tried to see value in the items from this discount site but will not be ordering clothing from here in the future. As I write I have donated $100.00 plus (not including shipping) to charity.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Their shipping takes forever!! You have to act fast as items sell pretty quickly. Returns on some items is not good, but I was new to the game so I now pay attention to the terms.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I decided to submit a review although I don't usually do that sort of thing, because I saw that there was lots of negative reviews on this Zulily, and I felt the need to defend them. I'm a true bargain hunter, and I shop extensively online. Mostly Amazon and some of my favorite stores. I hesitated shopping from Zulily for a long time because of negative reviews I came across. Of course I realize that the majority of people who post reviews online are the ones that want to complain. Well I'm not here to complain, I'm here to say that my experience of Zulily has been great. I order from there frequently, probably at least once every few weeks. The prices are fantastic, the shipping is minimal, and such a wide variety of things to choose from.

I'm a plus-sized gal, and I can find all kinds of trendy awesome clothes on there for fantastic prices. Yes you have to wait for your order sometimes, but that is something I can live with. If you research Zulily on Wikipedia you will learn that some of the items they keep it in their inventory and others they don't. If you're willing to wait a while for your item then it is well worth it. I have found when I have had a problem with an item, they have always been quick to resolve the issue. In many cases they have just refunded my money and allowed me to keep the item. So no complaints here! I think if you are willing to wait a little longer than some online stores for your items for the benefit of saving money, then you will not be disappointed.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I order clothing exclusively online, Zulily is my favorite online store. The prices are "Great". The quality is "you get what you pay for". You get to know the brands & once you're familiar you're set. Customer Service is "Absolutely Fantastic"!! They bend over backward & go above & beyond to make sure I'm a happy customer. I deal with customer reps in the USA, even though I'm ordering from the Zulily Canada website. Sometimes I email them if I have an issue, PM or post on Facebook if I have an issue, or call their 1-800 line. I have never paid for return shipping, I get offered a store credit or refund to my original payment method. And whenever I get polite & courteous service, I always ask to speak to their supervisor to tell them how awesome my experience was handled.

I've worked in the service industry & most times a superior is asked for it's to complain. So I have made it a habit of always speaking to a supervisor wherever & whenever I get great service. I think that goes a long way. And I inquire if the compliment will be recorded in the employee's file/work record. I have even been known to tell the boss that man or woman deserves a raise if the service was outstanding. I have "never" had a bad experience with Zulily. And I spent $$ hundreds of dollars there & will continue to do so.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I used to order from Zulily frequently a couple years ago. I ordered 2 outfits from them to take on my vacation. They did not arrive in time for my vacation. It took approximately 6 weeks for the clothes to arrive. I explained the situation and they could care less. I also tried to cancel the orders when I realized they would not arrive in time. Zulily canceled a pair of sandals I ordered since they were delayed. Now even if I returned the items, there is a $8.95 fee for up to 5 items, and you have to pay to ship them back. So it ends up that you are losing money. And they won't give you a refund only store credit. I will never buy from Zulily again. Customer service showed no concern regarding my disappointment with them. They also sent me 2 different responses to the same issue. Note, there are 2 different orders with similar outfits.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Buyers have to pay return shipping on defective products. Requested a return on shoes that were uncomfortable due to sharp plastic stitching being very uncomfortable. They didn't send a label like Amazon or other places I've dealt with. It wasn't worth returning for the hassle plus having to pay return shipping (probably why they don't do it).

Original review: May 20, 2018

Tried to call customer service three times. Rolled to hold each time. Waited 20 min. each time, then hung up. Called next day and C.S. answered, but did not resolve issue. Tried to speak with supervisor. On hold 20 more mins, hung up. No resolution. They sent my wife a pants outfit that had the size hand written into the new garment tag with an inked X Nextel to a printed L. Ordered an XL and this was not an XL. Not a happy customer of Zulily!!!

Original review: May 15, 2018

I usually love zulily but am afraid to order any clothing again. The first thing that is, so irritating... the promo cover pictures for whatever it is they will be offering. More than once the promo cover picture intrigued me and wanted to see it only to find it was nowhere included in what they were offering. Called customer service only to be told the company used an old promo picture... WHAT??? SO very misleading and disappointing.

Also they need much better quality control. My friend ordered a brightly colored abstract tunic top. The colors were beautiful. On the model it came down a little past her hips. I ordered one also. When we received it we both tried it on. The colors were so faded you could barely tell that there was a pattern to it. Also it came to mid calf!!! Halfway between my knees and ankle!!! Does zulily not do any quality tests on the merchandise they offer??? Also I purchased a Reborn tank top. A beautiful grey top v neck with fringe. I ordered accordingly to the size chart. It was huge and certainly did not match the picture... So buyer beware. Some things are not returnable.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The towels (Elegance set) eventually arrived. Online the color looked very pretty, in reality the color in the ones I received resembled a VERY washed out version of something Pale green/grey. With a LOT of imagination I could see how they might use "Jade" but it should say VERY PALE JADE/Grey. Nothing like the ad, I wonder if they accidentally enhanced the color?

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs