2.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

zulily

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 8, 2017

68 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

This is a highly disreputable company. I purchased women's clothing for $75. The quality was horrible and the sizing bizarre. When I tried to return the items they charged me re-labelling fees, restocking fees and return fees. The total number of fees was $26.08 in addition to paying the FEDEX fee to return the item, which they would only take via FEDEX. They are also keeping sales tax on returned items. Hmm... how is that legal? Zulily co-founders Mark Vadon and Darrell Cavens made $2.6 billion when they sold their company to QVC. They didn't get rich by running a reputable online store. When I called and wrote to their customer services desk multiple times they claimed they would refund me in full but never did. My next letter is to their legal department. For shame Zulily. For shame.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Please stay away from this site. Great finds if you don't mind waiting 1-3 months just for one order to ship. I ordered things in September that haven't even shipped yet. This is unacceptable. They should inform you of this when ordering.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I ordered two tunic tops from Zulily on 8/29/17. After repeated emails, I finally received them on 10/4/17. I had checked the size charts before I ordered to ensure I was purchasing the correct size. After waiting over a month to receive my purchase (they had, of course, pulled their money within minutes of placing the order, though), neither top fits. They are very tight, but the sleeves on one are so long that they hang about six inches past my fingertips. The material is not quality material - it's just the sisters - Poly & Esther. Very, very disappointing experience. Will definitely never purchase anything from them, again.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I was so excited when I found Zulily.com. I ordered one tunic top to see the quality. When it arrived I was so excited, it was exactly what I expected. I placed an order for about 20 more tunic tops. When these tops arrived they were nothing like the pictures, they didn't fit or look the same when they arrived, fabric was inexpensive, although they state that manufacturer's price is $100. Now I have 20 tops I can't return and the original top that I liked so well, I've worn it 3 times and the fabric pills so bad that now I have to throw the top away. Fabric has to be the cheapest that China makes, there's a reason why they won't accept returns. Please don't make the same mistake I did. It cost me $300 for a good lesson learned. This company is a complete rip-off!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I ordered a dress for my daughter for her homecoming on 9-18 and wasn't even through customs by 9-30. I contacted them and they said it states if it is imported or not and the shipping time depends on if they have it in stock or not. Well if it says a ship date then it should not take almost a month to know if it is going to be here or not. So when shopping this site beware of small print. Read the entire thing to see if it is domestic or imported. Still doesn't promise it will be there in time. Very upset because now I have to go shopping to find her a dress and I just had surgery on my foot so difficult to shop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I ordered king size quilts (2) for my bedroom. The picture on their website shows it going all the way to the floor. It barely covers the mattress. They state that items cannot be returned? Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I have been ordering from this site for over 2 years now and the majority of my wardrobe is from them. I tell everyone to read the size charts carefully as each designer is different, study the photos to see how thick the material is, read the description which has the material and where it is made and know what styles flatter your figure. Price point is also key as you get what you pay for. The delivery lead time is stated right below the product information before you ever order and is clearly stated. I have had items that were not as advertised, called the phone number on the bottom of their home page and have been very satisfied with their response time and solutions.

We need to stop blaming the site for our own lack of attention to details. I get loads of compliments on my clothes and feel great in them. I shop with care and while some things are not as great as others, I wholly recommend the site to those friends who take time to assess the item carefully before purchasing. I will continue to use this site to keep fashionable and affordable clothes coming my way.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I recently purchased a pair of boots for my daughter's birthday. They shipped it to her. They arrived and they were so cute. However, my daughter wears a size 6 shoe and these were extremely large for her, like a 7 or 8. The shoes were advertised to be only 2" heels and these were 4". So, I am assuming that as long as Zulily fills the order it does not matter if the rest is correct or not. Never again!!! Will I shop Zulily! Lesson learned!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

They promise to ship out in 7 business days but the reality is they almost take a month which led me to believe that the clothes actually ship out of China. After a month of waiting for my order they email me saying the other stuff I ordered are out of stock and will refund me and that waits to be seen yet. The clothes' quality are so sub-par I wouldn't dream of wearing them outside of my house. I've learned my lesson, I'll never order from them again and I hope this review serves as a warning to would-be preys.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

This is the second time I've ordered through Zulily. The first time was a sweater and the item was small, but at least I was able to wear it. I just ordered a Laklook Amry Green Midi Dress and a Tunic through Zulily. I ordered 2 sizes larger than I usually wear. The dress came and looks like it was sized for a child. I couldn't even try it on because I couldn't get it on! That is with ordering 2 sizes larger than I usually wear. I'm out the money because they don't take returns. I will never order from Zulily again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I thought I had finally bought something from Zulily that was a 'winner' (if you can call it that). Cute tights with bicycle motif on them... Then I look down when I'm wearing them and see a big misprint in it... I'm logging off the site (unsubscribing) for good this time. I'm tired of receiving things that are bad quality, color different than site, fabric strange, fit strange, bizarre sizing... Just rarely have ever had a good experience, and no, mostly you cannot return something and usually delivery takes a month. You'd think if they had such a policy, the visuals on the site would be unparalleled in quality... BUT they are so not! So done with this company, they have enough of my money at this point.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

So this past spring I took a gamble and purchased an almost $70 globe that changes color when plugged in for my son's room. I noticed after plugging it up the cord had a shortage. It sparked and snapped and the globe would flicker on and off. I immediately contacted the company asking for an exchange of the merchandise or refund. They requested that I email evidence, which I did. It is now well of 3 months and still no response about a replacement. Every now and then I will email them to see where they are in the process of "rectifying the matter" as their customer service likes to put it. All I get are emails telling me to be patient while the company tries to rectify the matter. I don't believe it should take months for me to get a replacement or refund for an item I purchased from this company that could have harmed my son or damaged my house. I just wish they would be honest and give me my money back or send the item.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I'm out over $400.00 right now for items I tried to purchase on the app but kept getting an error message so the order never went through. But every time I tried to order zulily deducted the money from my bank account. They claim after they review the situation I will have to wait 14 days to be reimbursed. WHO CAN WAIT 14 days for their entire paycheck???

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

You won't be told that the product you ordered will not be immediately available until after you have placed your order. There are no returns - shame on me for not researching this before I ordered. I have become accustomed to dealing with companies that accept returns if you are dissatisfied. I find it a deceptive practice not to make this very clear before a customer places an order. I was not satisfied with the fit (reaches to my knees) or the quality. The quality of the fabric is inferior to what I would expect for the price - it would be fine for a nightgown, but not something I would wear except in the most casual setting (such as a trip to the grocery store).

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

On May 26th and May 30th of this year I placed two orders on Zulily.com. Shortly after placing the orders I realized the address the items were shipping to was that of my sister in Georgia. Apparently the address had defaulted to her address. As soon as I notice it I went to order tab on the screen, clicked the view/modify order and changed the address to my own. I even got a response email from Zulily confirming the address had been updated to my home address. Jump forward to June, I receive two emails notifying me the items were shipping. Upon looking at the emails that is when I noticed that the address was once again that of my sister. I call Zulily immediately to ask them to stop the shipping and correct the address. I was told that it was too late and that there was nothing that they could do.

I told the customer service rep what had happened and that I had received a confirmation email stating that everything had been fixed. She supposedly looked at their system and said that no such thing had gone out to me. At that she told me I could call the post office in my hometown and see if they would forward the packages to me. That they could not ask the post office to correct the delivery. Only the customer could do that. This is the second time they have screwed up a shipment due to their system not working properly. Long story short my sister was out of town at the time of the delivery and the items that I spent $142.84 of my money on were stolen off of her porch. Oh yeah I got a whole $5.00 store credit for my troubles. Piss poor customer service, they pass the buck and never ever own up to their screw-ups.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Bought a few youth large girls shirts for my daughter and it took about a month for them to get here plus when I finally got the shirts they were more like a youth small shirt instead. The shirts were also poor quality for the price. Very disappointed. Customer Service is making me pay to ship them back even if the items are clearly not what was advertised. I will no longer buy from them and will be deleting my account. You are better off ordering from reputable companies instead.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Quality is cheap. Delivery is extremely slow. They supposedly credited my acct before I even received the item & before I emailed & then called to complain about the item. They will screw you any chance they can & you have no way to fight them even with proof. I wouldn't recommend this company to my enemy let alone my friends. Wish I could have given them a 0 rating!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I'm a regular shopper for Zulily. I have to say I've only bought clothes for my daughter here so I have no experience with adult purchases. My daughter is 7 and the clothes/shoes I've ordered are all very cute. I will admit I did get 1 dress that was cheaply made but I guess you get what you pay for. She has received so many compliments on her tops and sandals. I also ordered 2 tops (measuring by size chart) and when I got them they were huge. I just put it in the back of her closet. I ordered a pair of boots for her recently and when I got them they were a different color than stated in my order and box.

If you're waiting 2-4 weeks for your items they should be exactly what you're expecting! I contacted them via email immediately and attached photos of the issue. They sent me a label via email and was told they would cover restock fee and shipping. They also credited me an extra $10 for the hassle. :) I also bought some bed sheets from Zulily and boy was I impressed! They're very soft, durable and breathable. The sheets were from American Home Collection just in case you spot it anytime soon (they change up their merchandise every 2-3 days).

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I bought a tunic from them because the picture they showed of it was very pretty. Look like real good quality. WRONG. It was very cheap material and the coloring of the fabric was very drab compared to the picture. So I thought it was just a fluke and I went back and ordered two more again because the pictures were so vibrant. Well these literally came from a slow boat from China!! It took a month to get to me. One tunic I thought was suppose to be t-shirt material and it was some polyester/shiny blend. UGLY. The second one was suppose to be a floral print in shades of grey. UGLY!! Not like the picture that was posted. I debated in returning these but figured if it took so long in getting to me it would probably take just as long to reimburse me. I'm donating to Goodwill. I will never purchase from them again. I could have bought these at WalMart.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I've bought from Zulily three times HOPING I'd get something of value. Sadly, out of all three times I felt scammed and like I wasted my money. The first time I bought a wood sign. It looked awesome on the website, but it was nothing more than words printed out on cheap wood. Still, no one could really tell as it's high up on my wall and not a main focal point so I tried Zulily again. This time I bought another wood sign. Again, it looked awesome online, but when it came I was extremely disappointed. It was the thinnest piece of wood, and again, the picture was pathetically printed on the cheap wood. I was pretty disappointed. I learned my lesson and refuse to buy any wood signs so for the third attempt I bought some makeup. In a department store this makeup would be over a hundred dollars so I was happy to see it for half price.

Well, the moisturizer I got must have been old because there were clumps in it which isn't typical of this makeup. It also made me breakout like crazy, burning my face and leaving me with very dry skin. I had used this makeup before from a department store and never had a problem so this makeup Zulily sold me must have been sitting for a LONG time. Whatever, I get what I get. I did email Zulily and complain about their shipping price. Their sales typically don't mean anything when you're automatically tacking on a $7.99 shipping fee. If something's usually $20 in a store and Zulily lists it at $15, you're actually paying more. They sent me back an email with a bunch of nonsense that didn't really say anything and certainly didn't address the issue. You live, you learn. I won't buy Zulily again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I ordered two items of clothing. My credit card was charged immediately but I did not receive the items for several weeks. When I did receive them, I was shocked at what poor quality they were and how they did not look like the pictures online. I went to the website and tried to find at least a phone number to call someone at the company. Then I noticed they do not take returns (!) AND there is no way to contact this company.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

There are no free returns with this company. The dress I bought is cheap looking and ugly fabric and poor fitting. But too bad for me, I am stuck with it because the cost to return is half the cost of the dress. Don't be fooled by the appearance of the online picture, the fabric is pure polyester. Use a promo code for free shipping. What a disappointing shopping experience.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

So, it was my first time ordering from Zulily, I found some great deals from Gymboree and ordered 12 pieces for my granddaughter. Well, as is the case quite often, I kept getting click bait from Gymboree in my feed and ended up purchasing another 10 pieces directly from Gymboree. This was over a week ago. I just received my Gymboree order, however, my Zulily order has not even shipped yet. SERIOUSLY - I had never even considered the fact that their business model requires them to receive the items from the retailer and THEN ship to the consumer. Horrible idea. When I order something I want it NOW - that's why I have Amazon Prime! I would not recommend Zulily as I still don't know when my order will be shipped and it's been over two weeks. Baby grow fast, you don't have time to waste!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I ordered a few tops from them. It took 3 weeks for the package to arrive. They were incredibly small. I wear an XLG and these tops were so small they didn't fit a friend who wears a size 8. I emailed them twice in the past 2 days to see what the policy was for returns and they have not responded.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I've been ordering from Zulily for a few years now. Most of the merchandise is a good value. As others have stated, check the sizing charts! Only buy brands of shoes you have worn, don't expect much from those $9.00 blouses on a one/day only sale! The only unfixable problem I've had was recently when I ordered an Italian leather hobo bag. I was sent a huge tote bag in the same color. I returned it for a refund and reordered it after one rep said if I got the wrong one again, I didn't have to return it. I got the same ugly tote bag again, but a different rep told me to return it. I did and got a refund again. I believe the reps work from home and one doesn't' know what the others tell customers, as they don't all adhere to the same policies.

Most of my purchases have been good. I only gave 3 stars because the handbag transactions were inexcusable. The shipping dept. personnel should be checking to make sure that the item shipped is what was ordered, not just blindly grabbing a box and slapping a mailing label in it. I told that to Zulily and got absolutely no reply or feedback.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I was surprised by all the negative reviews as I have made several purchases from Zulily and have been very pleased. I constantly receive compliments on my appearance and on most occasions I have been wearing an item from Zulily.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I've ordered a few things from them and everything was fine, yes some of the stuff is cheaply made but that's because you're not paying a ton of money so I wouldn't expect anything different. Shipping does take up to 2 weeks which is annoying and that's why I only gave 4 stars but other than that I think they are decent company.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Sent a no return vest top that was so far smaller than size. Stated the item was sized correctly and not small. I wear the XL with no problem and the 1X believe it or not is too large. Well this top was at least 4 sizes smaller. Rip off, they got rid of merchandise that they could not sell to smaller people.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I have had two experiences with Zulily - first was good but the second has been awful. My second order for a Summer dress took 6 weeks to arrive - awful fabric - time to do return... NOW the nightmare - How do I return it. After 3 attempts a label is sent to me - Good. Now I will see a refund I THINK NO. Zulily writes to say I have a Zulily credit with them... NO NO NO. I call them and very firmly point out I would like a refund with no further delay - and they agreed - my Paypal refund is now in process. SO PUSH FOR THAT REFUND.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Ordered shirts which took nearly 30 days to arrive. Of the 5 shirts I ordered, 4 were of such poor quality I could not keep them. They were far too big, poorly constructed and the material was not what was shown in the pictures online. They do not refund your money. They will provide credit which forces you to purchase from them. Buy perfume, toys or electronics. Stay away from clothing.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.
    • Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.
    • Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.
    • Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.
    • Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.
    • Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs