2.87/5

423 zulily Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 29, 2019

The things I've learned about Zulily over many years of buying from them.

1. Never buy shoes.
2. Never buy refurbished brand name electronics.
3. If you buy plants, it's a big risk but some turn out okay. Expect some damage or loss, which is with any plant even from a good greenhouse.
4. ALWAYS look at the sizing chart connected with an item of clothing. Many run small or European sizes, but the sizing charts are pretty accurate.
5. The jewelry is usually very nice and cheap. If you need nice expensive-looking jewelry to wear to work or to spruce up an outfit, they have unusual things (like a praying mantis pin) that I've gotten a lot of compliments on.
6. Expect any nice top to be paper thin and you WILL need a camisole under it.
7. Always look at what the clothes and linens are made out of. For instance, no matter how cheap, I would not buy polyester sheets or linen clothes for work (they always need ironing).
8. Always look at the inseam measurements of slacks or pants or jeans so you know they will fit you. It's a PITA to send back anything.
9. Don't even read the "no returns" language because if you call them, they will give store credit and let you keep the item if it's a small amount of money. Mostly I've had this happen on dress shoes, so see my rule No. 1 above.

10. The shipping takes FOREVER. Usually by the time I get my box, I have no idea what I ordered. Keep track of your orders on the webpage. They are so screwed up that sometimes that works in your favor. I just recently ordered one tie and got 4 for my son's graduation, I guess he'll be wearing that same tie to every formal events for a long time to come. I've also had packages skipped because they will run out of stock AFTER you've bought it. So don't bet your life that you'll ever truly get what you ordered. If it's something really important that needs to be to you at a certain date, don't buy it here. If you need one more extra big spoon for the kitchen, this is your place.

Another point regarding the shoes, Rule No. 1, if I KNOW for sure that brand and size will fit me because I've gotten them before at a different store or tried them at Zulily at the time when I didn't follow rule No. 1 and they fit, I will buy them. This mostly applies to any Ryka gym shoe and New Balance gym shoe. I know what size of these fit me and my son, and you can get easily 2/3 off the price for these than they are in the store. I wear a wide shoe so if you do find a dress shoe that says they're wide and you don't know the brand, don't believe it. When they have Clark's shoes on sale, they are true to the brand you find in the store and a big savings on those wide shoes as well.

What I do to shop there. When I get the email they send every day, I just scroll through to see if there's any brand names I like or a sale on things I need such as kitchen stuff. The good stuff will be gone by the end of the day so it's better to order it early. If you really like something, just put it in your cart and buy it before it runs out. Then you have free shipping for 24 hours to look through other things you might like. It's great to look at the site while I'm waiting in a line or on the train or, dare I say, in the bathroom. I have gotten a lot of good deals there.

Stick to my rules above and you can't go wrong. When I treat myself to a pair of Ray-Bans or need my Ryka gym shoes, the prices cannot be beat anywhere. And don't worry, if the item you want is "sold out," put it on the waitlist and they will let you know when it comes back. I know that's a lot of crap to go through just to shop there. It's kind of like extreme couponing. If you have the time to do it, that's great. If you don't, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime, Amazon Prime.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've been shopping on Zulily for a few years. There are some pros and cons, but my overall experience is good and I continue to shop with them. I mainly buy women's clothing and some household items. Pros- There are some great deals available. No, not everything is a great deal, but if you do your research before buying you will know what is and isn't. They have items you either won't find, or it would take you forever to find, in your local stores. Customer service is responsive and willing to resolve issues. If you get a damaged item or something that is different than the description they WILL either ship another item, have you return it (for free), or simply refund your money. I've had numerous experiences as such and they have always resolved the issue in a day or two.

They offer "smart-pay" sometimes, which lets you pay 1/2 up front and 1/2 a month later. Item delivery time is almost always what was promised. Each item listing shows an expected ship date. Yes, sometimes it is listed as 3 weeks away or whatever, but they DO state that in the listing. A very few times I have not received something by the promised date, but not often. If you read the listing you will know what to expect and won't be disappointed.

Cons- Yes, clothing sizing can be tricky. They do have size charts for each item, which are accurate for the most part, but sometimes off. If the item runs small or large they sometimes list that in the details. If I am worried about sizing I order according to the size chart then take a screenshot of the listed measurements. If I get an item that doesn't fit and the measurements listed are wrong I can then contact customer service and they let you return it for free. Everyone's body is different and you run the chance of clothing not fitting well when ordering from ANY online retailer, this is not unique to Zulily or their items. There is a return shipping charge of $8.95 if you simply don't like something and want to return it.

Again, not all online retailers offer free returns, so this is not unique to Zulily. Tip- if you pay with Paypal and return something you can use Paypal's return shipping refund policy and get that money back. I've done it and it works. Once in a while you get a damaged item. Contact customer service and they will take care of you. Sometimes you have to wait up to a month for the item to ship. Again, this expected ship date is listed in the item details, so you should be aware before you even order. Most items ship much quicker than that, and most often even before the listed date. If you are a conscientious consumer and do your research on items before you buy and read the listing details thoroughly so you can set your expectations accordingly you should have no issues doing business with Zulily.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I mostly order my 5-year-old and 6-month-old daughter's clothes and shoes from Zulily. Occasionally I order toys or other products but mostly just for my girls. The deals you come across can range from great to ok, to same as a Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I love going on every day to see what's new as it changes daily. I love some of the unique and trendy things on the site that I don't find in their sizes in a traditional store (I may be a little obsessed, but that's another topic lol). Sometimes I have received things that were not the same as the picture when I ordered, or slightly damaged. Maybe a little stain or something. Returning can be a waste, you can only return certain items and those items only get you a store credit.

So if you are planning to return something (return shipping cost 8.95 for up to 5 items and an additional 8.95 after that) because it doesn't fit or you just decide you don't like it, and it cost 12.99, well then it doesn't even pay to return it since you would only wind up with a few dollar store credit. I literally just got off the phone with a Zulily rep because I placed an order for about 7 things for my daughters, and when I received them, a Christmas dress I ordered had some black stains on a white Santa face. The item was a non-returnable item, but I explained the situation to the rep (a very nice man) and he quickly apologized, told me there was no need to send it back and that I can keep it to do whatever I want with, he also gave me the option to have the full purchase price credited in my original form of payment, or a store credit.

Since he saw that I ordered that specific dress in 2 different sizes (matching dresses for my girls) he apologized that the dress was no longer available to send me a replacement but gave me an additional store credit (on top of my purchase price) for my inconvenience and disappointment that they won't be able to match in those outfits. Now I can put the dress in the washing machine and see if it comes out since it is mine to keep!

All in all, I am completely happy with my Zulily transactions, products, and customer service experience! For the couple of mistakes or damaged things I received, I was immediately compensated and then some, all with a pleasant attitude! I realize this review was a bit long, thank you for reading it and I hope it gives a little insight into the experience of shopping with Zulily.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Yes shopping is $8 each way. You want to be careful to know your measurements and read the size charts to avoid having to return items. Some items I order are coming from China, Turkey, etc. so they take along time... three to four weeks or so. I was warned before purchasing that this would be the case. I have had no issues getting the right size shoes so far though I think it could be a problem when doing European sizing. In that case, I wear 7 1/2 us and the site recommends a 38. I typically choose 39 which is what I wear for XC ski shoes. Sometimes I think I'm getting something different than what I thought o was going to get... like a true plaid dress instead of a plaid print on polyester. If I had read the fabric description I would have been fine. Returns can be carefully grouped together to save shipping cost. What I save in the overall cost more than covers the occasional return.

I do have problems with the site more than other sites in double ordering things. I have no problem cancelling this as long as I discover this within a day. I double check everything now to prevent this. I have had issues with an item or two not being sent with the shipment but Zulily has always resolved the issue with me no problem. I do notice that items sometimes go to the wrong post office and then get delayed a day or so. It always eventually comes. I look at these issues as part of the experience of getting some great bargains and having a clearing house of stylish items. It has been worth the glitches so far. It certainly takes longer to get items than through most other delivery stores these days but if you are looking for stylish items at low prices, this is a great place to go. I'd skip it for routine items and for anything you need right now yesterday.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I randomly came across these reviews on Zulily and saw how negative they are. So, I wanted to add a different perspective. I shop on Zulily a lot. Probably too much. The deals can be great or they can be just okay. On a rare occasion I can find it cheaper elsewhere, so it's important to do your research. And since the brands are all different, the quality is going to vary a lot. I mostly shop for Children's clothes on there and the quality has been pretty good, occasionally something with poor quality will come my way, but my toddler doesn't care much.

For myself, I just really make sure to stick with reputable brands. If you aren't familiar with the brand you can always do a Google search first. The slow shipping doesn't bother me, but I guess I'm used to it. I only had one real problem and that was with an item from China (I didn't take my own advice on doing research first). It was one of those Little Mermaid tail blankets for my daughter. Anyway, it took so long to get to us that I didn't think it was coming. I asked for a refund and they gave it to me right away. It did end up coming in eventually and it was very low quality. But, I already had my money back, so I didn't really care. Long story, short: if you Google the reviews on the brand you are interested in, you'll be okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: June 20, 2019

2 days ago I received and email about a charge for 256.00 but that had been cancelled couple days later. When I called today about it they said it had been cancelled by their finance dept but never notified me about it or even why/how, etc. They also said that my email can no longer be used for purchases as it's been flagged as fraudulent. My email isn't fraudulent, it's the only way I knew I was hacked!! So to make any future purchases I have to use a new email. How stupid! They get hacked and their solution is change your email!? No it's to close this account forever. Thanks for nothing. The customer service needs training on these issues. Sounded like someone was talking to me from their kitchen and had no clue. I asked for a supervisor. Don't have one. A lead? No one. What?? DO NOT SHOP HERE. They've changed. Good luck and change your password!

Original review: June 19, 2019

Most of my closet and shoe rack = Zulily. I find the prices very fair and when I had a problem with two shoe purchases, the agent sent me a "free shipping label". The only thing I have a problem with is that Zulily sells many items (mostly clothing) that WISH sells. I'm over 3.5 years with Zulily and intend to keep on buying from this high quality, fair, attentive store.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Ordered boys Under Armour stuff a month ago. Still waiting for delivery. Called Zulily and their Customer Service was a combination of clueless and incompetent. Avoid this company. No reason to ever use them.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I ordered four Zenana crisscross tunics from Zulily in different colors but all in the same size. When my order came, there were three shirts included, one shirt was shipped separately. One was the correct size, the other two were two totally different sizes. I called to have the items replaced and was told there was no availability in the one color so the item would be refunded and that the other item would be replaced on 5-7 business days.

It arrived within that time but it also came in the wrong size. Zulily sent me return labels for the items in order to receive the refund but when I asked if shipping charges could be waived for an order of similar tunics at the same price as a replacement since they did not have the ability to make the swap I was told they also do not have the ability to waive shipping costs and I was basically out of luck. The representatives are nice enough but they’re always claiming their hands are tied when it comes to providing good customer service. This is not the first time I’ve walked away without the items I ordered. Their service is unreliable and the discounts are just not worth the headaches.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I ordered something from them six weeks ago. It has never arrived, and they refuse to credit my credit card. They say they can not refund me until the vendor contacts me. I received an email from the UPS three weeks ago and still no product arrived. It was lost in transit.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I love Zulily for Shoes and some kitchen Gadgets. But bras, nightgown, robes, underwear.. I am a woman size 12 148 lbs and order XL on nightwear and my size in bra and underwear. Have donated all of it to charity. They are made for very no bust women. I have no problem with shoes. But never again buy these items from them.

Original review: June 3, 2019

First of all, Zulily's products are sold from a third party. They tell you this in very small print that of course most people do not read but I would highly suggest doing so. I ordered and paid on May 17, 2019. I was given an estimated SHIPPING date of June 2nd which is already mind blowing in my opinion (third party). But then, I had checked my order status on the 2nd and only 2 out of 12 of the items I had ordered were in PROCESSING. I understand it states "estimated" but my order was only in step 2 out of 5 in the shipping process on the estimated shipping date. So I decided to send an email to Zulily asking for a better estimated date of my items being shipped. They couldn't tell me anything. Only that when the order does ship, they will send me an email. So I had my order cancelled.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I did encounter one product through Zulily that I love; but have since found that it can be purchased much more expeditiously and satisfactorily and for less through eBay. In fact, after having been robbed of some of my very few spending $ through having to make returns, I started thinking about all my purchases with this company and only one (as mentioned) has been okay. I purchased a rug for my bathroom - it fits my living room - but I didn't need a living room rug... Couldn't return it. I purchased a red comforter. It is pink... Couldn't return it. The cute boots were obviously seconds. The sandals, mis-sized, the shoes that were crushed, and other obvious "customer returns", I have accepted. But now items are coming in not as pictured, with sewing flaws, odd colors, thin fabrics, cheap fabrics... My heart breaks. I have bad, humiliating dreams about my shopping experience with Zulily. I can't wait to get my store credit, spend it and get out of this place!

Original review: May 27, 2019

After losing everything in a house fire, I decided to purchase a lot of replacements from zulily because it was more economical. Shipping took absolutely forever but I knew about that up front (had been an avid zulily shopper before) and didn’t mind the slow shipping as most everything had to go into storage while our house was rebuilt. I had seen complaints about the returns process but since I was primarily buying household items, I wasn’t having size issues that necessitated returns. Then I started buying clothing. I ended up having to return some items. You can send up to five items back per $8.95 return fee and that seemed reasonable enough. I didn’t mind that it went to store credit either.

I packaged up two separate returns, each with five items. In my attempts to replenish our wardrobes for cheap, I had taken too many risks and ended up with more returns than I bargained for. It amounted to $150 in store credit for the first and $110 for the second return (after the return fee was deducted of course). I mailed the returns and once the tracking number I was given stated that the returns had been delivered to the ‘returns agent’, I settled in for the long wait. Two weeks went by, then three. I was growing increasingly nervous. I kept checking my junk mail and the website, waiting for my store credit to show something other than $0.00.

Then one day last week I logged on and saw that they had voided my first return because “it wasn’t received within the returns window”. I felt a familiar knot of anxiety because with everything else going on, I didn’t have the energy to deal with a mix-up. I drafted a very detailed email requesting that they look into my return and see why it had been voided, adding that I was distressed that it might’ve gotten lost. A very bland response came back stating that my return had not been received and to remember that they can take 10-15 BUSINESS days. Well a month had already passed since I had mailed the first one so now I’m just at their mercy.

The second return was marked “delivered to returns agent” on May 7th. Technically I’m still within the 10-15 business day window for that one but I don’t have very high hopes since the first one was voided. I wasn’t given any reassurance for my worries from the so-called customer service person, and I have too many other things on my plate to fight them over $260. In the last year we have spent thousands and thousands on zulily products, but the returns process is enough to sour me on the whole thing. Customer service is everything when it comes to returns, and they simply don’t have it.

Original review: May 24, 2019

When you place an order with Zulily a message will pop up that says you will receive free shipping on subsequent orders placed through the rest of the day or if placed on a weekend the offer is good through Sunday. That is all it says. But when you actually do place another order they do not provide free shipping if it is a "bulky" item. They do not say this at all on the first order or the second order. I contacted them and they told me this is how it is and sent me to a link that supposedly explains this but it is nowhere to be found. I feel that when a company offers a perk they should be upfront about any and all exclusions or it is dishonest and tricky at best.

Original review: May 23, 2019

When I started shopping with Zulily, they were a start-up and they were amazing. Every week when I log in and look through the sales, I notice that they have become more and more liberal. I don't ask you to accept my beliefs, so don't try to force yours on me. :( I do not support the LGBT community and that's due to my religious beliefs. I'm fine with people doing whatever they choose to do, but I will not support any business that openly promotes items where same sex couples and men in full drag are promoting items that I must sift through. After my last order arrives, I will be closing my account and not returning.

Original review: May 21, 2019

A complete mockery. I made a purchase almost 6 weeks ago, it has arrived incomplete 2 times. None of the stipulated times in the app have been respected. So far I'm waiting for some shoes that should have been delivered maximum in two weeks, not in 6. I even called Customer Service 3 weeks ago and they told me that the order arrived the next day. Liars! A disgust of service!

Original review: May 16, 2019

As background I will state I was a loyal Zulily shopper for many years, so much that my husband said he should buy stock in the company, Zulily confirmed they took in my returns over a month ago. They have not issued a refund or store credit or returned the merchandise to me. They are THIEVES! Several communications through email and zero results. I am done with them.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Be careful as this company stole my money in my Zulily account. They are trying to refund your returns into Zulily account and as soon as reached to certain amount. They will seize your money. Be careful who are you dealing with. Don't buy from them as they are fraud.

Original review: May 12, 2019

BAIT & SWITCH! Thank China is bad. The item I received was nothing like the fancy photograph at all. Looking into returning and found the tricks that Zulily use with lack of ethics. Per return, Zulily jacked up part of shipping and handling which is not returnable to $8.95 not $5.99 like invoice said when it shipped to me. Merchandise toggle to $2.95 which force you not to return when you only get back $2.95 instead of full payment. Amazon make so much money with little return due to they play no trick of selling crappy products disguised as good products. I live 5 mins drive to Zulliy, will not pay $8.99 for return. I smell Class action lawsuit!

Original review: May 11, 2019

I'm done. Several pairs of shoes--some brands I have bought elsewhere, without this issue--are too big or too small --i.e., ill fitting. For instance, usually wear an 8 1/2. Too small, will order a 9...too big. I give them to friends that wear the same size--they do not fit. Elastic non existent or loose. The last linen dress I bought the neckline was so small my head would not fit through. It took a full 2 months to arrive...from Italy? I do not believe it was from Italy. 90 per cent was inferior quality. If I want return it I pay 8.95. Why should I pay a dime to return crap?

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have been shopping with Zulily for a very long time and cannot even imagine how much I have spent on their site. Really scared to estimate. But I mostly NOW buy from retailers that I am familiar with because some things come back not at all what it looked like on the site. I have my favorite retailers that I really love. It is worth giving Zulily a try. They are quick to refund your money because SOME THINGS take FOREVER to ship. If it goes beyond a month they will cancel it out and refund your money, which I absolutely HATE!!!! And if you buy something in a set... Lately I have only been shipped one!!!

I hate calling customer service, which is very helpful and nice, to tell them about my order missing a part of it... But lately it's getting often and I feel like these people must think I'm trying to get store credit or something and I hate feeling like that!!! But I still order from them because it's something special that me and my granddaughters can sit and buy things and that alone is why I am still a customer.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I've been a shopper at Zulily for years... even before they had a return policy... Not everything I've purchased has been great but for the most part

I am a happy shopper. They introduce new companies to me with innovative products. This week toilet tattoos... kinda like skins for your laptop... lol.. But honestly they rock... So nice looking... I bought my livingroom end tables, Hollywood regency style for less than half off of where I almost bought them... I've bought food via Boxed... gifts that are unique...

The biggest and best thing.... anytime I've not liked something or had a problem... customer service ALWAYS makes it right... I do mean always. They have a motto... They want you to love what you buy... They really honestly do.. They will take care of the customer in a way no other company ever has... and I shop a lot on the Internet and brick and mortar. This company has the right idea... The customer is what keeps them in business.. and they treat them great.

Original review: May 7, 2019

The wool coat is described so nice and so as the photo on the site. The quality is terrible! The coat is most likely made in China and not Italy! If you are returning the item from Canada, you will be forced to just keep it because Zulily doesn’t cover the cost of shipping returns unlike most competitors such as Amazon. Also keep in mind that you will not be refunded to your credit card but credit voucher only from Zulily. So whoever give this company five star must be their own employees or they paid for to write the reviews.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Ordered a blouse and a dress by the same maker. Blouse was slightly too big, but can manage to make it work. Dress was so small in the waist (actually ordered one size larger on the dress, than the shirt) that I couldn’t get it over my hips when stepping into it and couldn’t get it past my breasts when trying to get it over my head. Needless to say, it’s going back.... at a cost to return of $8.95. Also, I can only receive store credit. Will use my credit and then delete the app. Wish I could give them -3 stars!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes in size, 9.5. Received shoes in packaging marked 9.5 but the actual shoes were 8.5! I immediately notified Zulily of the error and was emailed a return label. Sent shoes back three weeks ago and still have not received my refund!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Have been buying from zulily for two years or so. If you purchase and receive poor quality products, use caution when attempting a return. Instead of a refund, they double-shipped me and customer service would not help me remedy. Will not shop this company again. Poor quality fabrics offering lots of shrinkage on tops. Forget about trying to return anything. No hassle-free here in spite of paying to return. If it's their fault, as in a double shipment, it won't matter. Poor customer service!

Original review: April 25, 2019

I spent over 1k on this shopping app within a month. At first I was happy with their product. The first purchase I did was a Betsy Johnson bathing suits. It is so cute and quality is great too! Then I gain confidence on them and start to order lots of pretty looking things on their site! That’s when things go south. The napkins they sell, they branded so good and photoshopped it so good that it really look like it’s something from department store from England! But when I received them, the material of the fabric is so cheap. It feels like worse than the ones you can buy from dollar store! I made complaints along with the coffee mugs I received together. They were weird clay looking thing at the bottom of the mugs, on the handle of mugs. This time, I took photos and sent to the customer service and they were able to refund me three mugs prices! I was happy with the customer service at that point!

Now there are more and more stuff coming in. The waiting time for receiving the products you order from them can be super long, and what I learned is the price could be higher than anywhere you can find online too! The reason I buy the products from them is they have smart pay and I can make my payment in two times. I was willing to pay for a few extra bucks for that convenience! Here comes the big problem. One day after I received my husband’s suits (I think I waited for about a month to finally received it) and they messed it up! I ordered the tall and big fit, and they sent me slim fit! That’s what I specifically avoid to buy. Slim fit never fit my husband.

I made a complaint and received a computer auto reply looking msg saying I have to mail stuff back and pay for the shipping on my end. I reply back, "I can’t accept that." Why do I have to pay for the shipping cost for their mistake? And then they said, “Well after you mail it back to us, we will refund you how much you paid for shipping to store credit..." I was livid and pretty confused at the point, and complained some more. Then they reply back with, “We will refund you the shipping to your credit card as a one time courtesy thing.” This really blowed my mind on how they try to address it like they are doing me a favor, after all the trouble and the wait I went through.

I wrote them a long email to address the problem clearly and told them they are losing a big customer. This time someone actually read the email (I doubt if anyone else before read all the detail in email at all). The person realized it was their mess up, and asked for photo to prove what I receive is slim fit not tall and big fit. I did so, and they promised to forward my case to higher up and have it review and taken care of.

I waited, another 3 weeks went by, there was nothing happening. I start to email them again. I always get the same answers, “We do not know about the outcome. This is not on our department anymore. They will contact you.” After 3 times same answers. In another 5 days, I requested them to forward my email to that right person in department, and finally another day of waiting, I received a reply saying she/he just hear back from the suits company that they don’t have any more tall and big fit in stock. Duh...(of course I forgot to mention before this final email, she/he emailed me again to ask for my photo proof for the slim fit cut again because they can’t find it anywhere...). I am sure they just ignored my email and had it lost somewhere in their big pile of complaints in their data system!

And I finally get my refund. But here is the thing, for how long of the wait they try to push me away, not dealing with the problem and try to forget about me hoping I will give up... I lost my confidence on them and before I heard the final result from them in regards to suits, I asked if they can simply cancel the rest of the orders that’s still “in transit” to their warehouse. They instantly changed my items from in transit into shipped! And told me it just arrived at that moment and they have ship them out but they can handle the return and refund after I receive them. So there I waited for another week, and contact them after I finally received the rest of my shipment. I request for only one thing that don’t fit me to be returned and refunded since I have received everything else already, and there we go, same game again.

Now they only offer a store credit with me paying the shipping back. I asked for refund back to my credit card since they offered once the “courtesy thing” album ever since then I don’t hear from them. What I do know is to forwards them the same email I emailed last this early week, and hoping for a reply, but I have no faith in them. What they are doing is basically ignoring me.

My thoughts of this company,

1. They are tough to deal with. The customer service seems trying to apply with same msg again and again without acknowledging the problems.
2. The price of their merchandise can be more pricey than what other websites have to offer!
3. Quality is varied, brand names can be trusted. Watch out for the non brand name products!
4. Waiting period is super long! It kills the excitement!
5. The no return thing is bull poop! It sounds pretty “illegal” in some way too. Amazon on the other hand is super worry free, hassle free! And they have price match thing too I believe. I had dealt with Amazon customer service before, they are angels to talk to!!!

6. Zulily has no customer satisfaction thing. They don’t care. They just want to make a big load of money before their app goes down and they probably will start over with another company! And repeat! Watch it if you decide to shop at their app! There is no security for your money you decide to throw into them!

Original review: April 24, 2019

No customer service. Slick marketing/website but higher prices than Amazon. $8.99 or higher shipping charges no matter the amount of the order... Their "expedited shipping" fees are a joke... You may get one item but you still are waiting a month for your items. RIDICULOUS shipping times. Let 'em know about a problem and they only send automated replies. Few to no item reviews... You are just winging it. Basically, just stay away from this site... unless you like overpaying for your items, paying unnecessary shipping charges and not receiving your items for a month. DO BETTER ZULILY OR YOU WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I tried to purchase two dresses, one was supposed to be for Easter, the other one was because it would qualify the order for free shipping. The first dress didn't get here in time for Easter, even though I ordered in early February. When it did arrive, it wasn't just cheaply made, the zipper wasn't sewn in properly. Because the fabric is such low quality, it would only run when I tried to sew the zipper into it.

The second dress is such cheap quality that the hem washed out of it when I first washed it. Don't buy from this place. You will NOT receive a refund, they want you to pay them more than the cost of shipping to return it, and then they will only give you a credit for more of their crappy stuff. I find it curious that every time there is a negative review, a very positive one pops up with almost the same wording. SAVE YOURSELF! You can do better.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs