1.66/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

341 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Do NOT buy from Zulily! I repeat, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. The pictures lie. They alter the images to make the products look super cute, then turn around and ship you garbage. On top of that, when you want to return the garbage Zulily shipped you (for Christmas gifts that you would be mortified to give to your family), the company charges you an astronomical fee to ship it back and then gives you store credit. Store credit to buy more garbage? I know, strange. Then when you reach out to customer service for help, all they do is repeat their policies to you. Worthless. Zulily is a horrible, scam of a company. Do not waste your time, and especially your money.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered a pullover that did not fit so when was going to return or exchange it I was told that there were no exchanges per company policy. The explanation was not convincing as to why. The CSR said I could get a refund minus shipping cost. Not exactly what I was wanting, but OK. This was early January. I called customer service about 10 days later as I had not received my refund. She told me that company policy is NO REFUNDS, only store credit. But she said this one time refund because I had never returned anything before. She said it would be 5 to 7 business days before it would be credited to my card. AND it took almost 2 weeks to get my package to begin with. I do not think this company has good company policies. It's just too much of a hassle. So I will not order from them again. Their CSRs do not seem to have it together on the store policies either.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was a Zulily shopper for a few years. I became an entrepreneur and the first company I thought of was Zulily. I completed all of their requirements. I received a call from an associated who quoted me the price they would pay me per item. I then received an email informing they only wanted to pay me half of the original offer for each item, the same it cost me to manufacture an item. They would sell each item at 3 times the price they purchased each item from me. The problem with that was that they would only pay me for each item the cost of making each item. No profit for me. I would be making items for them to sell for free. I have lost my respect for Zulily. I tried to contact them to discuss this, but they never responded back. Very rude, arrogant, and inconsiderate. I will no longer shop with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I have ordered from Zulily many times and there have been some issues with several of the items but, to be fair, the company did make it right every time. Today I received a Coach designer checkbook wallet. It does not look authentic. It seems very dishonest to charge $120 for a wallet without any indication that it is not authentic. The textiles are thin and cheap. The hardware is smaller. Not the nickel metal that you see on real Coach. I would not pay $20 for this no matter what name was printed on it. When I took out the care instructions I almost laughed. They are entirely in Chinese! Real luxury goods come with printed leaflets in 5 to 10 different languages. I will be contacting Zulily. And if they can’t refund the money then I will be making a fraud alert with my bank to stop payment on the second payment they are due to take out of my account.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

My experience with zulily has been great!!! I have ordered shoes, comforters, and mostly the Lily tunics. Purchases take longer to arrive but they are worth the wait. I love the tunics so much!!! They are cool, comfortable, flattering, are made with fun and unique prints, durable, and easy to wash. The fabric content doesn’t wrinkle or shrink or lose its shape and will be dry in minutes by hanging on a hanger. They are the absolute best!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I bought a "mermaid blanket" for a child prior to last Christmas. The item took several weeks to arrive, which wasn't surprising once I realized it was coming from CHINA! That was not the issue however. The issue was that there were 2 fraudulent charges to my bank account almost immediately afterwards. I noticed the unusual activity originated in China, which was a 'red flag'. I called my bank's fraud dept. who researched the issue and refunded my account. I realize I should have reviewed this earlier, but dismissed the incident and vowed never to use them again. I decided to finally write the review because this very same thing JUST happened to her! Beware of using this site! They don't appear to be concerned about their web security issues... or their customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I buy from them all the time. I have been happy with all of my purchases. Of the hundreds of things I've ordered, I've only had a few issues such as once an item didn't come, once I ordered a perfume I thought was cologne and once a glass teapot was cracked. They were fast to answer, replace items and refund. At times giving an extra store credit for the inconveniences. Yes the shipping can take a lot longer than their competition. They also don't always get Christmas items sent by Christmas so you have to order way in advance.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have shopped with Zulily for years and have always been satisfied with my purchases until December 2018. I ordered 6 personalized necklaces as Christmas gifts, the day after Thanksgiving. The first necklace finally arrived on December 22nd. It was absolutely nothing like the photo. It was a personalized 4 sided sterling silver bar, in the photo, the letters were large and took up the majority of the bar. When I first opened the package I thought they had mistakenly sent me someone else’s order instead of my own. I thought there were symbols on the bar instead of letters. After getting out a magnifying glass (I’m not kidding), I was able to make out the names. It was the one I had ordered. They must’ve stamped it as deep and hard as they could with the tiniest typewriter key available to man, It looks NOTHING like the picture.

I called Zulily and told them that I was sending it back to have it redone like the picture. They told me that item was no longer available and refunded the cost. I never received the other 5 necklaces and they eventually fully refunded my full cost plus a whopping $15 credit for the fact that they completely ruined SIX Christmas presents that were ordered a month in advance. I was annoyed but things happen. UNTIL...I look on their website today (Jan 4, 2019) to find that they are selling the same necklaces again! THAT WAS AN EYE OPENER. I will never make the mistake of ordering any Limoges jewelry from Zulily or anyone else and it’s doubtful that I will be wasting my time with Zulily at all after this. So disappointing.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Update on 01/05/2019: Recently, I posted about my experience with Zulily about an item that I send back but was not given a store credit on. I was told that they cut items up with huge scissors and throw them out when returned. Well, today I logged onto the website and saw the dress I returned. So they charged me for this dress and will be charging someone else for this very same dress making double money on this item. Sad...

Original: I made a purchase at Zulily recently. The item did not fit. So I put it in a box and returned it with the original receipt. All my information was on the receipt. I did not hear anything from them so I decided to reach out to them. Spoke with someone, (they usually don't give their name because of a privacy thing she said) who told me the return has to be authorized by email first. If it's not authorized, then I can't get credit for it. And it will destroy. I mean it's not like they didn't know who it was from. All my information was send to them. Order number, name, address, email address etc. I guess it's easier for an item to disappear like that. I have return things to so many stores and never had a problem. Then she tried to get me to cancel my account with zulily. I never told her I wanted to cancel my account.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I ordered 2 oversize sweatshirts from Zulily. Immediately after I placed the order, I decided to look at their reviews. Most of the reviews were not good. I decided to cancel my order. I called customer service, there was no wait to talk to someone. The customer service rep offered to cancel my order and refund my payment. Within probably 10 minutes, I had an email from PayPal regarding refunding my money. I am going to monitor reviews their reviews and see if they get better before I try ordering anything else. If I see they are getting their act together, I will consider ordering from them in the future.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I’ve been purchasing items for a couple of years and been happy with the products (including clothes). Yes, sometimes delivery takes some time but I understand and never purchase if a “must have” for a particular date. As one review has already noted take the time to review the items and understand the materials - don’t be fooled by pictures alone - polyester is simply not linen - buyer beware.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

The photo for the Westex International Sleep Solutions Microgel Mattress Topper looks nothing like the actual mattress topper I received. It looks and feels like a very thin comforter that someone turned into a mattress topper. While the product I received is technically the one ordered, it is not at all like what the photo on zulily displays for this product. I am very disappointed with zulily as well for posting such a misleading photo of what the mattress topper looks like as this is clearly a different product in the picture. Now that I have read other reviews, I realize my experience is not unique. Their return policy requires you to pay for return shipping and the product has to be in original packaging (hard to identify you were misled without opening a product up).

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

In the month of November I ordered several items, lots of Christmas gifts with "Guaranteed by Christmas" seal on them, as well as birthday party supplies for a party that has now passed. I have not received most of my items, 21 items "guaranteed by Christmas" have not arrived yet, 21 items! I was really counting on these being here by now and according to the website they haven't even shipped yet? This is really irresponsible, inconsiderate and bad business on Zulily's part. Instead of waiting to ship them all together, they should have shipped the items as they became available and actually had most of them arrive by Christmas as promised. Several of my items have literally been "preparing to ship" for weeks. This is unacceptable. I feel duped into buying these items as Christmas gifts. What is the point of stamping something as guaranteed, what do they do if it's not here on time?

They responded by saying they are sorry and gave me a laughable $10 store credit. I am beyond disappointed. I have been a customer since 2011 and have been putting up with their terrible service for far too long. They just lost a long time customer and I will be telling everyone I know to never do business with this shady company!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

I placed an order for 4 Squishmallows for my daughter on Dec. 9th 2018 for Christmas. I received and box on the 15th with 2 Squishmallows. I called and spoke with customer service and they apologized and asked if I would like the items reshipped or a refund. I asked if they would be here by Christmas. They said yes they would be so I had them reshipped and they processed the reship.

About 5 days later I checked on the shipping in my zulily account and found that 2 of the Squishmallows had been cancelled and no email was sent. I called again and They could not figure out why it was cancelled or why I didn't receive an email. They refunded my money and gave me a $10.00 zulily credit. The last 2 Squishmallows were set to be delivered today 12/24/2018 Christmas eve and the box finally arrived only to be containing 1 Squishmallow not 2. And to top it off it was 1 of the ones I had already received!!! I called again today and all they can say is I'm sorry! They refunded the money but now I don't have gifts for my daughter!!! Terrible shipping! I am so disappointed and sad. As a mother you just want to give your kids a good Christmas and while it will be fine I cant get over the fact that the only item she actually asked for isn't here.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

At first I thought Zulily was great, however after placing several products not as described. Their pictures and descriptions of products are minimum and buyers are not able to leave any online reviews of purchases or products. You pay $7.99 for shipping but $8.95 for returns. Also I was sent the wrong size bedspread. My order clearly stated Queen size instead I received Full size. It can't be returned and they no longer have a refund policy. Will not buy from them anymore.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I ordered Clark shoes, they came in very small and not as listed. When I called customer service, i was told that as a courtesy they will refund my return as other people have stated that they came in small. WHAT?? So if no one else called, they wouldn't reimburse me? If they knew other shoes this style were being returned, they should list it on the item that it is smaller than described. It is such a pain to return an item, it takes sooo long to even get the product. The rep from Zulily doesn't care about the customers. More often then not, the clothes are not what they state on the site.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I am unbelievably disappointed with this company. After making an order November 30, on items that I am unable to purchase where I live, I was so excited to receive them. When my order was delayed by two weeks, I contacted zulily who advised me “Don’t worry, it’s on its way” and due to the inconvenience issued me a full refund. On December 21, I find out my order has been lost and I will not be receiving it. After contacting zulily again, they simply said “your credit card was refunded”. As a first time purchaser with this company, I can honestly say it’ll be my last. Any moral company should want to ensure the satisfaction of their customer, with a guarantee of receiving the purchase they took the time to make from you.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Products are not as described and of low quality, and nothing ever ships or is received on time. Customer service is a joke and will refuse to address any concerns, instead giving generic, canned responses and excuses for their terrible practices. THE definition of a shady company. Stay far away, there are hundreds of other merchants with better products and shipping, and WAY better customer service.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I have ordered from zulily on multiple occasions. Have learned to be diligent when looking at the product, entering the product manufacturer into google and am very careful and choosy on what I order. I do not impulse buy as I had in the past. I take my time. All of this in mind, have only just this past month received an item that I flat out hate. Upon going through the return process, learning of the return fee and store credit I highly doubt I will purchase from here again. I will however window shop.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I love shopping at Zulily, my overall experience is great! I shop from kitchen items, clothing, exercise items, food item and more. If I have an issue all I do is call, if an item is broken I explain the issue and they send me a label to return the item at their expense. The quality of their items is exactly what I was expecting and I give it a rating of 98%. Some items ship out quickly and some take a little more time, but I understand that because the items come from all over the world. If they can’t ship an item out within 3 weeks they will issue a refund and a $10 Zulilly credit for being unable to ship within the promised time.

Sometimes the description is a little short and I look for more detail on Google, all I do is google the item and it will bring you to YouTube or a website with a great explanation. I have referred 2 friends to Zulily and it was so nice of them to have an agreement to issue you a $15 Zulily credit for the referral. And if you see the same item later on Zulily cheaper than what you paid, they will adjust the price for you. I think that great!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

You have to closely scrutinize the pictures. How does the dress hang; does the fabric look thin; does the picture look like you can see thru the fabric. I've had good and bad luck. Sizes are rarely what they say. The top I received today has the collar on backwards but it was only 15.00; I can wear it for running chores. Overall I think the company is awful.

This week I asked them exactly what they meant by guaranteed Christmas delivery and what happens if I don't receive it by then. Their first response did not address the latter question. Wrote them back and pointed out their omission. They said they would refund money paid. If I had depended on them deliver a Christmas gift BEFORE Christmas I would be beyond pissed. That's it? My money back minus shipping I paid and I am supposed to be satisfied with that. No way. They are awful.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered a canister, 3 weeks later I received a different kind canister, smaller size and cheaper. The lid was twisted/defected. It was delivered in a old box, it looked like used or returned item. The customer service issued a return label. I looked at the calculation and found out they charged me $8.95 for shipping. So, they made a mistake sent me a wrong item and expect me to pay for returning it. I tried to contact again the customer service, no help whatsoever. Lesson learned. No more zulily for me.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Orders place Oct. 19, and 20th. Paid for at the time. Many back orders. When one came in I was charged again and notified it would not ship till January 2nd. There are 9 items I am waiting for delivery before Xmas as they are gifts. Please advise!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I liked the Lily by Firmiana tunic prints I saw online. But when received, they are simply a magnified photograph printed on polyester. I didn't mind the polyester, but the print is so obviously "manufactured." The closest thing I can compare it to is wearing a photograph of scrapbook paper. Online, one tunic was a pretty-colored blend of swirls, but when received it is really photograph of what looks like long curly hair making the garment look very cheap. And returns are not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I just received my order of four place setting dinnerware. I loved the way they looked but as I was unpacking I found one of the bowls was broken. I expected that it would be a nightmare to get it replaced. I was pleasantly surprised to have about a four minute phone conversation. The customer support person said he would send me a whole new set right out. I’ve already received a confirmation email. So surprised, easy peasy!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I bought my grandson one of these "motorcycles" for Christmas. I did buy it and did not try it before the 30 days in which I could make a return. However, when we put the product together, it would never charge or run. I called the customer service and I absolutely could not get my money back for this gift because it was over 30 days since I had bought it. BUT, the product is defective and won't run. I can see the 30 days on products that bought but never for defective products. I did nothing to make this product defective, it came that way. It should have been an automatic return.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Zulily consistently ships poorly made products. The material is cut badly and is not representative of the modeled photograph. The material itself is low quality.

Shipment times are longer than expected. What is received is not representative of the product viewed on their company's website.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have ordered wifi headphones and clothing from Zulily. The headphones work fine but they are too short/don't expand enough or comfortably cover my ears. The headphones didn't come with a charger. I don't remember if this was in the description or not, but it is pretty disappointing to get headphones that you have to buy a charging cord for. The clothing is a huge disappointment. Super poor quality. Shirt is see through, flimsy, and too small. Sweater is too big and the most awful polyester texture. Still waiting on leggings. No holding out much hope on those. I knew the return policy, I'd rather keep the crappy merchandise than lose even more money sending them back for store credit. You get what you pay for. I won't be shopping at Zulily again. I recommend you don't either.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered 3 shirts and was waiting for them to come in. After waiting for about a month I decided to go in and look and found my order was canceled without any notification or explanation. I find this very poor customer support. I was already nervous about ordering from them and I order most purchases online. I do not recommend shopping with them.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I ordered two couch covers for $19.79 ea. They are WAY too short for my couch, so I went to return them and saw that only one was listed as shipped. I initiated the return for that one, then had to call to get them to fix it so I could send them both back. Didn't know when I ordered it would be for store credit only, or I NEVER would have ordered in the first place. Finally jumped through all the hoops, and realized they are charging me $8.95 to ship them back, when they only charged $7.99 to ship them to me.

The guy on the phone was helpful in getting the return initiated for the other item, but after I use up the store credit, I will NEVER order from here again. This is a horrible company, the returns are hard, and store credit? If I wasn't happy with my original order, why do you think I'll be happy ordering something else from you? My advice - research thoroughly the company you are considering ordering from, know their return policy, and read other people's reviews. Then don't order from zulily.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs