1.58/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

371 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

Items are cheap because they're substandard Chinese products. Real issue being they deliberately word their non refundable policy to include almost all items, so 90% of their products are non refundable. Customer service is nonexistent and response to my request for refund was confrontational. Never do business with this company, it's a scam.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I ordered 3 of something by accident when I intended to order one and was told they would refund me and I should just keep the items. I was amazed at the excellent customer service. I donated the two extra items. I have many friends who swear by them. I don’t understand the negative reviews.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 13, 2019

I sent $121.00 back in merchandise because it was advertised incorrectly. They state it is one size with measurements and it is not. Their fault not mine. Even send pictures with tape measurements showing their error. Refused to credit charge account. I will not buy from them again but they still refuse to give me money back. I guess they will spend it in attorneys to defend my suit in small claims court. I hope they like traveling to Tennessee. Do not buy from them. The clothes are cheap and never fit correctly.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have two children, and I frequently buy two of a particular item so that they both have one - they'd been advertising 'Easter basket' items on their website. I bought two toys for my children for their Easter baskets. They shipped the one and cancelled the other. I can't get this particular toy anywhere else! What am I supposed to do about that?! I'd rather have neither than just the one.

Is it really that difficult to keep track of inventory? So, my understanding is that they just sell, sell, sell, and whenever they run out of something, the orders get cancelled. I don't want your $10 credit with a giant helping of disappointment, I want the toy I paid for. That's also happened regarding clothes I've purchased for my children, and they also sent me the wrong color pair of shoes. AND, I didn't get my free shipping as promised for making two purchases in one day according to their guidelines. So, I had to call CS and bring that to their attention in order to get the shipping refunded. All in the past month... The frustration just isn't worth it.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Beware that Zulily sells cheap products, I purchased a Steve Madden jacket and the sleeve came apart within 60 days of purchasing. Zulily refused to help me saying that they have a 30 day return policy. (That's is not on the web page????) Will never purchase from them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have been shopping with Zulily for about a year, and other than having to wait up to a month to receive items, I've had little to complain about. I mostly buy dresses by Lbisse or tunics by Lily. The patterns are unique, and even though I think the sleeves could be set in better, I wear them, and I receive compliments. I did order some Spanx that smelled musty, which I didn't like, but it was nonreturnable. I washed it, which helped. I have returned a few tunics that I didn't like after trying them on, and I paid for return shipping and received store credit. I prefer only to buy items on Zulily that I can't get anywhere else. But even with Amazon.com, you can't be sure the item is not a fake. For that, go to a brick and mortar store, I reckon.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Two issues with purchases made just this weekend: After an initial purchase you are supposed to be granted free shipping for 24h, however upon second purchase, was charged $20 in shipping. When complained, was only given a $10 credit? Billed incorrect PayPal account resulting on overdraft on my checking account despite my PayPal account being set up correctly (as viewable via the Zulily website). Customer service provided ZERO assistance with this matter despite screenshots showing that the credit card account should have been charged and Zulily offers no way to modify this information. Stay away! Products are fine and prices are good, but customer service and transparency leave much to be desired.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Where do I start. 1st ordered a comforter set. Never arrived... Took 3 months to get my money back. 2nd ordered Michael Kors perfume. A perfume I've bought many many times in my life. Had it confirmed at Macy's. It's fake. None of the clothing items I bought were ever accurate nor fit. I've been the same size for 30 years. All their stuff is SHIPPED from China! It's all a scam. Unfortunately I am out over 1,000.00. You don't get to return anything either. Unless you want store credit that it and they take 8.95 out for them. I even sent an email asking if they GUARANTEE AUTHENTICITY before I bought my high-end items. I have their response if anyone wants it. They said they did by the way. My purse was glaringly fake. I'm disputing the over 1,000.00. I'm out with my credit card company, but save yourself the time and just dont shop here. The pics are misleading and the quality is what you would expect from China. Just run away!

Original review: March 1, 2019

Do not get the Zulily credit card and if you already have one don't use the smart-pay. They use to have quality merchandise but not anymore. Most stuff comes from China and there is a big difference in American size and their size. Plus cheap materials.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I've ordered many items from Zulilly. I accidentally ordered two of each item one time. I called customer service & requested a refund which took place within 2 weeks. When I asked her to send me a return label, she told me to keep them! I it that wasn't necessary, but she said she wanted to be sure I remained a customer.

*I ALWAYS check the size chart that appears by the picture. *I ALWAYS measure myself, just in case. *Zulilly handles merchandise from multiple companies. *The length of shipping, adherence to the pic & details depends on each separate company. *I ALWAYS read the details & specs for EACH item I'm interested in. These details tell you fabric content, washing instructions, etc. If I don't like a detail, then I skip the purchase. *I ALWAYS check to see if I can return the purchase, especially with clothing. I've bought a lot of dresses, tops, toys, kids clothing & decor items. I haven't ordered shoes. I hope this helps you to avoid any pitfalls. Hopefully this will help you to avoid.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My biggest complaint is that when you send an item back for credit it takes weeks before you ever see the credit, not to mention they deduct 8.95 from the amount of credit! Total rip-off! Customer service replies are canned messages if you try and complain! The merchandise is almost always inferior and the sizing is absolutely ridiculous. I hate waiting weeks for the orders and weeks for a credit. I do not recommend Zulily!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I open a Zulily credit card based in $15.00 promotion off first purchase. I ordered a coat and within 2 hrs. changed the style. I had to cancel that order and they refused to credit the $15.00. I have closed the account and unsubscribed.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

So many items looked good in their pictures and sounded like good value as daily deals - until the clothes started arriving for myself and my child - the fabric quality was poor, the construction was poor, the sizes varied so widely that I think we ended up with one or two items that fit out of something like 30, and almost nothing is returnable. I ended up owing so much to this place because of the "deadline" format that makes you want to buy, the clever photos that take you in, the shipping costs, and the ability to split payments that cause you to have repeated charges coming weeks, even months after the substandard (and nonreturnable) item is already forgotten. So sorry to have every gotten mixed up with this miserable place.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I have ordered many items from Zulily over years, never returned anything due to the pricing. Sometimes it was not worth returning. I ordered a Gucci belt assuming I will get an authentic product, it was not much less expensive than from store. Guess what? I received a fake belt. I sure can tell the difference between authentic and fake. Even the size. I measured this belt with my 3 other ones and it’s much shorter. So I contacted them and they said to go donate it and send them picture of receipt so they can issue a refund. Which makes absolutely no sense to me. Refused to refund only this way. I am shocked that a company this size would sell a fake item, as well as not process a refund and deal with their vendor. I will dispute with my cc. But to me it’s insane.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I used to buy a lot of clothes through Zulily, but the last three years the quality has really hit the toilet. Colors are not as shown, the sizing is not consistent, and often I find the sleeve size does not correspond with the size I’ve ordered. Twice, I’ve purchased jackets and both times the zippers were broken. Of course customer service attitude is too bad, so sad, sucks to be you. I cannot even donate the items to a charity or thrift store as I feel if I can’t wear them, why would anyone else. Most clothing products are made in China and they have no clue about North American sizes.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

A deal is only a good deal if it's something that you want, and unfortunately the quality and sizing of many items can be random and unpredictable. I have often wondered if this is where they send the factory 'irregulars' because I got a pair of shoes that were a totally different shape from one another (literally, one toe was round, and the other toe was sort of a square-oval shape). Odd.

I have ordered several items from Zulily over the past couple of years. Right off the bat - return policy is horrible - no refunds or exchanges on most anything... BUT in the the past I have complained about a couple of grossly misrepresented items (or the items that arrived were completely not what I ordered) and did manage to get a refund (mind you, they were very low value items).

But the last few orders I have placed shipped WAAAY later than originally stated (and it already takes long enough to get your stuff from them) and the pairs of shoes that arrived were so off in sizing that I can't wear either pair. Of course, Zulily explained to me that I would get a store credit if I pay to ship them back. Sure, I should just shell out an extra $30 to mail them back (which is almost half the value of the order) so that I can get a $75 store credit (and to be honest, I don't really find a ton of stuff that's my style on Zulily to begin with, unless they have a Superga, Doc Martens, or Antelope special on).

And I spoke with 3 different customer service people regarding this order, one of which had said that she wanted to 'make it right' and asked me to send her the receipt from shipping (which sounds like she might refund me the shipping cost), but the next person I spoke with just regurgitated their policy of 'buyer pays return shipping cost, and we will issue a store credit'. Inconsistent service, unreliable product quality, inconsistent shipping information, and some of the products you put in your cart and go through checkout with are gone from under you/ or they list products that are sold out. Really crummy business practice. BYE ZULILY!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I have ordered two bedspread quilts from Zulily. The 1st quilt I ordered was advertised as grey and yellow. It actually came in as purple and yellow. They would not return or exchange even though it was falsely advertised. I went ahead and ordered a completely different 2nd quilt. The colors were correct this time, but the sizing was completely off. I ordered a queen but it does not even come close to fitting my queen size bed. I asked if they could exchange for a King size. They said NO again! So I am done ordering from them. Even though I am only out about $60.00, it still aggravates me that they will not stand by their products. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Zulily has nice sales and products but their billing department is very misleading and confusing for a consumer. DO NOT DO their "smart payment plan" and use the Zulily credit card! It's very misleading because of the Zulily credit card is different from the Zulily company that I made purchases from. The Zulily credit card is being run by Synchrony Bank- and this is where Zulily company has misled me to think when I'm paying Synchrony Bank- I'm also already paying Zulily the company. NO!! As Zulily said "Zulily credit card is different from Zulily.com" where I made my purchases. The billing department has no idea how to explain the discrepancies between payments withdrawn from my bank account versus Synchrony billing statement and Zulily billing statement. Their statements do not match and it does not show all the payments I made whether to Synchrony or Zulily!

Me, as the consumer, need to understand where my payments are going to. No breakdown of amounts I have paid! The billing department from both companies is useless in resolving this matter with me. Needless to say, prepare yourself and allow 2 hours of your time (that I can't get back!) if you have any billing issues. What a waste of time dealing with these people from Zulily and Synchrony Bank billing department. After that long 2 hours, no resolution, I'm still confused, and NO help from billing and I get curt, inappropriate dismissal from these people! -That's your job- to help the consumer!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The ‘Hurry, only 1 left’ of an item encourages impulse buying and is not accurate. ‘All gone’ on an item... why list it? No customer reviews, very slow shipping/returns and only offers store credit! BAD.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

Terrible customer service when trying to return an item. They do not allow exchanges and require you to do all the work to return and even pay for the return shipping. Then you have to log back in and place a new order. They will not allow exchanges of any kind. Also, their customer service is rude. DO NOT SHOP HERE!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I was a ZULILY customer for over 5 years. I have just canceled my account. I've had enough of this really sneaky and dishonest company. Here is my story. The first time (2017?) I had an issue, it was a silver Figaro chain that I purchased very cheap (get what you pay for) and it was not as pictured at all, so much smaller than the picture. I had to use a magnifying glass to see that it was actually a Figaro chain. Their response was so lame, something about that it was a closeout and so sorry... blah blah. I was a long time ago to be honest and I just remember thinking "Ok? This doesn't seem right? But what to do it was cheap!"

Anyway, the second time (Dec 2018) I did return a winter coat and shirts for fit and quality issues. I was told that I would not have to pay return or shipping fees since this was the first time, etc. My return would be in the form of a credit on my account. Well they did short my credit for restocking fees. I'm not sure if they were trying to trick me with terms (return, shipping, restocking) but it doesn't matter. It's still sneaky and I don't like it.

Now the third time (Feb 2019) I wanted to return a pair of shoes that were sized wrong. They said they would allow me to but I would have to pay the return ship fee. Well, I did argue that because the sizing is definitely off and would not fit me at all it was listed as 40 or US 9/9.5. I should NOT be charged a return fee. I wear a 9 and my daughter takes a 8. They fit her. The point is, that was the biggest size for that shoe and they were for ME but like I said, Zulily didn't care. I received a standard email back twice stating their policies and explaining how their shipping fees are cheaper and how that was a plus for me?! What?!

I'm done and I really hope that none of you get fooled the way I have. I did start the return process and figured I'd spend whatever was left of my credit and then cancel the account but I was so disgusted with the way I was treated that I just canceled my account. I'm not happy, feel like I did my best effort to try to reason with them to no avail. Now I'm stuck with a pair of shoes that don't fit me. Please don't shop with Zulily. This is not right, I felt it a long time ago with the Figaro chain incident.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

My credit card was charged a shipping fee on my $100+ Zulily order when the company was running a free shipping with $80+ promotion. I have also had several orders cancelled in the past by Zulily and my credit card was never refunded for the full purchase price. I have unsubscribed and advised Zulily that I will be making my online purchases elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

If this company is owned by QVC they need serious work. I received today a Coach tote buried on the bottom of ten items. One top had no plastic or anything around it. Things are in a packages balled up. This is totally unexceptionable. Even if something is sold at a discount, I'm paying for it to be shipped with care. Customer service is not like QVC either. HauteLook sells at a discount and they always ship with care. It also takes too long to get items and they charge you the day they order, not the day they ship. I think I'm done with them. Sizing is way off. Done.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I will never, NEVER buy from zulily again! I ordered 3 items nearly 3 weeks ago. Tracking says they should have been delivered several days ago from Calif. NOT here. But then I discovered they were originally shipped from China! But only 2 items. There is no mention of the third in the tracking guide-although it’s on the invoice. I wish I had read the reviews first! Have never had problems with Amazon. Will stick with Amazon. I have learned my lesson!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of jeans for my teen girls. The order never arrived and customer service would not refund or reshot the missing items. They completely gave me the runaround. I am out 43.00. I would never re order from them again. They do not stand by their product even after paying 8.00 for shipping.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I purchased some wineglasses and a watch. After waiting for weeks, the order arrived. The description and picture clearly stated and showed PURPLE. The product I received were clearly BLUE. The description and picture of the watch stated and showed BLACK AND WHITE. The watch I received was BLACK AND SILVER. I contacted Customer Service to make arrangements to return the items. I received an email indicating that I would have to print the return label.

I once again contacted them indicating that I do not have a printer and would they please mail me the return label. I was told to go to a library to use their printer. A couple of things to keep in mind: 1. I paid for shipping when I placed the order. 2. I will be charged an additional $8.95 for the return. 3. I am disabled, do not own a car because I can no longer drive. 4. In order to go to a library, I will have to pay to hire a taxi or Uber. Zulily clearly could care less if I return the items. In fact, it seems they are doing everything to block the return. WHAT A RIP-OFF!!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

If you plan to buy from Zulily... Do your homework first. Read the reviews. The quality of the items they ship are horrible. You will not be satisfied with most things you receive. Find ANOTHER SOURCE.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I received an email from Zulily letting me know I had items my basket and at the bottom they had a promotion for free shipping until the next day at 11:59 pm. It turns out that you have to place an order and then place another order within the day to get free shipping. Why would anyone do this? You have already paid for shipping on the first order. Sounds like a scam. Some people may think they are getting free shipping on the first order.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Ordered two pairs of Muk Luk boots two weeks ago for $49.99 and $55.99 each. Noticed today they are $36.99. Contacted Zulily and was told no credit could be provided as they have over 18,000 vendors. Normally, I don’t complain, but they should honour lower prices when offered regardless of vendor. It’s the Zulily name (company) that ultimately is offering the price. I am now done shopping at Zulily... I should have trusted past reviews!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I am shocked at how Zulily has changed. They used to be known for good bargains on household items and clothing. They no longer care about their reputation. They are selling VERY low quality items. The quilt I purchased is NOTHING like the picture. It's a tiny thin piece of garbage. Nothing quilt-like about it. And I get to return it but at my cost and taking up my time to drive all the way to the post office to return it. And then I get a little bit of store credit for more junk! Do not buy from Zulily, the stuff you receive is less than Walmart quality.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs