1.73/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

289 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Over the past year, I have purchased many items based on the info provided on Zulily site but when they finally arrive, in reality bear little resemblance to the Zulily description. When I call Zulily to complain about the misrepresentation, they blame the "vendor" and promise to "note my feedback" but the description for the item online remains the same. Customer care is inconsistent, often rude and today they refuse to provide me an email contact for a company president or director... Telling me "We are all managers." The only recourse with the misrepresented item is to mail it back to Zulily at YOUR cost and they will give you a credit to try your luck again.

In Canada, bait and switch is illegal... The customer rep told me today that online shopping can be risky but they refuse to accept responsibility for the misrepresentation they enable. Save your money for the many other reputable online companies out there who have the integrity to stand behind what they print on their site and the professionalism to stand with their paying customers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

If you're in a hurry for an item you order, don't count on it. I placed my order 10/18/18 and not until payment had been made and I received my confirmation, was I informed the "anticipated ship date" would be 11/2/18. That's 2 weeks before shipment even begins. I received one order on 11/7 and the other portion on 11/11/18. Totally unacceptable. I will not order from Zulily again unless it's a GREAT bargain and I'm in no hurry to receive it. Also, the makeup appears to be old, but website says cannot return.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I received a top that I loved. I am a big customer of Zulily. I tried it on and it fit. I loved the color. I always wash clothes before wearing. When I hung it to dry I noticed what I thought was strings on it. Upon further inspection there are 2 holes in the back! Now since I washed it and threw the packaging away I can’t return it! I am upset. I may have to return to QVC because their return policy is FAR superior!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The boots I ordered were a size 9, but they were so small, they should have been labeled a size 7.5. When I went to return them, I was told they were keeping $8.95 for a "restocking fee and handling," and I would get a store credit for $13.00. NO money back. So the $30 I invested for boot I cannot wear, they kept! I went online to chat with a customer service rep who was working with many complaints at once, so I was kept online for 30 minutes only to be told what I already knew... What a waste of money and time. DO NOT SHOP WITH ZULILY!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I ordered many things from Zulily that came in several orders. Long after ordering, an item that I paid for was no longer available. Customer service kept stating I cancelled the order. No... never got a refund. Then another order was lost altogether. I never received the order of a refund. After contacting the company many times, I have not received store credit or a refund. This is it. They are crooks. Never again will I willingly give money to these thieves for their extremely low quality items that I may never receive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I ordered some blouses on Oct. 4th. I received an email message stating they were shipped on Oct. 21st. I still have not received them. I am so glad I was not in a hurry. The tracking now says I might receive them on Nov. 6th. This will be my last order from Zulily. I can find the same thing on Amazon and it won't take a month to get them. Now I don't even know if I am going to like them or return them... No more!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I ordered for the very first time from Zulily a pair of kids’ Western World leather cowboy boots (pink & tan), a logo T-shirt and a pair of navy suede Shilla flats. While it took a couple weeks to get here I am more than satisfied with my purchases. They are well made and definitely brand new. Very pleased with my purchases.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I recently started ordering from Zulily because the clothes looked stylish. I have had to return several of the items due to poor workmanship. Most puzzling is the requirement that tags must be still on the items, yet the last 3 items that I'm returning have had the care instruction tags cut off (that is, by previous purchasers who have returned the items after removing the tags). The return fee of nearly $9 is outrageous. The only items I've been happy with are those that are name brands that I trust. I'm giving up after I spend the credit I have from the returned items (no refunds are given). Going to stop ordering from Zulily. Save you $$$.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Ordered, five days later received it in perfect condition. Excellent service, product as depicted. This transaction took 5 days. All I can say is thank you Zulily. I was concerned about this as I read many comments that were negative. But I had only the best experience in dealing with Zulily. Five stars.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

EVERYTHING I have EVER ordered, (I am actually annoyed that for years I kept ordering), has been damaged to some degree. Wall art- from canvases that were stretched or damaged, to "distresses" wooden decorations done HORRIBLY, I could have done a better job watching a 3 min YouTube video. I ordered once a set of vases that looked like a chemistry set all broken and returning was a hassle and not a refund. They asked for me to return this shredded glass that was spilling out of the box and cut me. Recently I ordered two shelving systems 6 hours apart. I received one shelf... the other has an estimated delivery of over 30 days after... the list goes on. The quality is horrible it is so cheaply made and waiting a month or more for an item to be horribly disappointed when you see it and knowing the return is not a refund.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Pants were very cheaply made. Bootcut were more like bell bottoms from the 70's. Not at all as described. Cannot mail back myself. I have to use their label and $8.95 is subtracted from return. Also return is only a store credit. Why would I want a store credit?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I've been shopping on Zulily for a few years. There are some pros and cons, but my overall experience is good and I continue to shop with them. I mainly buy women's clothing and some household items. Pros- There are some great deals available. No, not everything is a great deal, but if you do your research before buying you will know what is and isn't. They have items you either won't find, or it would take you forever to find, in your local stores. Customer service is responsive and willing to resolve issues. If you get a damaged item or something that is different than the description they WILL either ship another item, have you return it (for free), or simply refund your money. I've had numerous experiences as such and they have always resolved the issue in a day or two.

They offer "smart-pay" sometimes, which lets you pay 1/2 up front and 1/2 a month later. Item delivery time is almost always what was promised. Each item listing shows an expected ship date. Yes, sometimes it is listed as 3 weeks away or whatever, but they DO state that in the listing. A very few times I have not received something by the promised date, but not often. If you read the listing you will know what to expect and won't be disappointed.

Cons- Yes, clothing sizing can be tricky. They do have size charts for each item, which are accurate for the most part, but sometimes off. If the item runs small or large they sometimes list that in the details. If I am worried about sizing I order according to the size chart then take a screenshot of the listed measurements. If I get an item that doesn't fit and the measurements listed are wrong I can then contact customer service and they let you return it for free. Everyone's body is different and you run the chance of clothing not fitting well when ordering from ANY online retailer, this is not unique to Zulily or their items. There is a return shipping charge of $8.95 if you simply don't like something and want to return it.

Again, not all online retailers offer free returns, so this is not unique to Zulily. Tip- if you pay with Paypal and return something you can use Paypal's return shipping refund policy and get that money back. I've done it and it works. Once in a while you get a damaged item. Contact customer service and they will take care of you. Sometimes you have to wait up to a month for the item to ship. Again, this expected ship date is listed in the item details, so you should be aware before you even order. Most items ship much quicker than that, and most often even before the listed date. If you are a conscientious consumer and do your research on items before you buy and read the listing details thoroughly so you can set your expectations accordingly you should have no issues doing business with Zulily.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought 3 tunic tops on Sept 18, and never received them. They billed my account on Sept 18 for $63.19. I wrote to them on Oct. 7, and told them it was a ridiculous wait to get my items, and I said to cancel my order and give me a refund. Every time I asked about the items, they would move my delivery date up a couple more days. Then they issued a partial refund only. Then they said they shipped the items, but none were received. I told them this was not acceptable, I said I would notify the Attorney General's office in my state. Finally the partial refunds appeared on my PayPal account. What a hassle. These guys should stop scamming people because apparently there is no merchandise, they just want to use your money. READ the negative REVIEWS, I WISH I WOULD HAVE, BEFORE I EVER ORDERED FROM THEM.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I bought a Bumbo magenta changing pad for an amazingly good deal. Usually, it's at least $70, but I got it for a little over $46 with shipping. I placed the order on a Sunday and received it on a Tuesday. Excellent shipping speed with tracking details. However, the Bumbo came unboxed (inside of the shipping box). The original box that it was in was flattened. It appeared to be an item that was returned by someone else but was not put in its original packaging. It was pretty unacceptable. I don't know if the changing pad had already been used, but it looked clean so I'll be keeping it. Based on other Zulily reviews, I am afraid if I return it, I'll never see my money again. I guess that's what we'll have to settle with for getting this product at such a low price.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

My experience with Zulily has been awesome! Their products are of great quality, their styles are up to date, their prices are more than reasonable, and their customer service has been superb! I would recommend Zulily to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

My experience with Zulily has been fabulous. Yes I will have to agree about their return policies? Also, does take (sometimes) so long to receive the item? I have ordered many things from them, and yes I have had good luck and some bad luck, but, mostly a lot of good luck, more than likely. It's too large then small so I give it to my sister because of their shipping policies. Cost more to ship back than it does for the product itself? I will continue to order from them. When I speak to customer service I mostly have a very nice one but the other day I did have one that didn't seem concerned about my problem. So, if you order from them beware that it does take awhile to get it. I love their prices and have purchased many cute items from them. Have had problem with a item that was messed up from shipping and they refunded me without having to return the item. I can still use the item even with the flaws.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Bad service and product. I bought three items, women’s tunics, in my size. It took over a month for the items to get here and when they did they were two sizes too small. This company has so many bad reviews and I couldn’t help but I had my own. Please don’t waste your money or time on this scam. These people should be removed from the Internet.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I’ve placed 3 orders with this company... They have my money, but I’m waiting for my garments... they have $ 54.72, 9/22... $115.89 9/27, $47.93 10/1. And I have only received one top, from India, fragile. Rayon. And It’s Oct.5, And no connection of when the other tops to arrive. I WILL NEVER SHOP with them again. I really got caught up with the pictures of tops. But fabric content was never shared. My wish is to NEGATIVE???? Stars. Lands' End, Amazon, Walmart, better doing business with.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Did two initial orders. As others state, it takes forever, nothing is sized correctly. Purchased three pairs of shoes in first order and none fit. Also clothing is not sized correctly either. I am not sure who is sizing this stuff but way off. I am 4’11” and one shirt came to my belly button (was supposed to be a tunic). Then they have the audacity to charge $8.95 to return five items. If you have six, too bad. You need to pay an additional $8.95. Yesterday I received someone else’s order - wrote to them and still no response. And yes, they fail to mention no monies ever returned - all store credit ONCE they receive goods back.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I returned 2 women's tunics that were shown as crewnecks but in actuality V necks. I received an e-mail that assured me I would be credited minus a return fee, the total credit was quoted as 27.00. This amount of credit was not reflected on my statement and when I called I was told "you have a store credit". I was then given some absurd explanation of what that was, how and where it was received when it never shown on my statement. Believe me I certainly have no confidence in anything they say. Zero credibility in my opinion, not to mention a lack of integrity. Received the next statement, still no credit reflected. This has to be the only business in the world that does not show a list of transactions, debits, credits or anything else. I e-mailed customer service with my complaint, same results, same stupid information. I will not purchase anything from this company EVER AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes of the same brand. First pair looked nothing like the photo so I requested a refund as well as not having to pay the restocking fee of $8.95. They agreed to refund me and not charge the restocking fee for the first pair of shoes, once the shoes reach them. I printed the return label that had tracking numbers for both UPS and USPS, and I packed up the shoes. When the other pairs arrived in 2 separate shipments, they didn't fit and I followed the return procedure and got a second return label that had 2 tracking numbers on it... one for UPS and one for USPS. I took the packages to UPS and they said that the tracking numbers were not valid or acceptable, they needed to start with "1Z" and my labels started with "z".

I contacted Zulily by e-mail about this problem and they asked questions about what I was returning. Then they sent me one label for just one pair of the shoes. Again, the label UPS tracking number starts with "Z" and not "1Z" as UPS said it must. So frustrating! I will try to take the packages to USPS and pray that they accept them. If this eventually works out, I will have a store credit and an actual partial refund as they agreed. Have to make sure I spend the store credit on something that doesn't have to fit. Maybe a pillow or something. I cannot recommend Zulily because while their return policy sounds decent, it is impossible to actually carry it out.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Everything comes from China and takes forever to be delivered!!! They suck...I only bought because was sick of buying from that greedy jerk, Bezos, of Amazon...I will keep looking for a company that is USA only! Uugh...wanna barf.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

ZULILY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR SIZE CHART. They will not exchange and they will charge you more to return it than the item is worth. Customer service AND the return policy is "NOT" customer friendly. I would shop somewhere else if you value your buck.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I ordered a blouse on Zulily. I received it and all was well, except that it didn't look right on me. So I went on the website to return the item. I saw all the instructions but saw that they charge $8.95 for return shipping and handling. I thought that wasn't great and sent an email addressing it. The email kept harping on the fact that they give you a store credit. That's fine. I explained that I understood that. No problem. Several stores do this. But I explained that several stores also give you ALL your money back. They don't charge for return shipping and handling.

I received yet another email explaining the same situation about the store credit. I wrote back again to say, "I GET IT. That's not my complaint!" Is anyone reading these emails? Maybe not. Also, I'm thinking maybe they have to translate emails in English to whatever language they speak. I don't know. I just know that I will not buy more items at Zulily. There are plenty of stores who offer full credit for your return and actually read and understand your emails.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Ordered Halloween costumes on 9/1 and was told shipment will be made on 9/22. On 9/25th, after I called them, I got the email saying to the effect that “shipment will be delayed. If they cannot make shipment in another 10 days, they will refund”. I could have gone to Target and get the costume and not let them keep my money for a month for nothing. I highly recommend all of you not waste your time with them. Another order I had with them had two items. They shipped one and cancelled the other after 3 weeks. Not worth it!!!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

VERY BAD experience. MAJOR problems with 4/5 items. And NO exchange possible, so waste of money and time. Hunter Green Two-Way Zip-Up Hoodie: "bat sleeves" not mentioned in the description, nor shown on pictures + sleeves too short (close to 3/4). Teal & Mustard Paisley Cowl-Neck Dress: ink spots everywhere outside the patterns (dress ruined) + turtleneck way too large and long (wouldn't fit any neck) + cheap fabric. Mid Gray Capri Leggings: too green, doesn't fit gray clothes. Heather Black Daisy Shift Dress - size M: HUGE, fits like Extra Large + there is a big rectangle area surrounding the sunflower, DARKER grey than the rest of the dress, instead of just a sunflower print. (Dress ruined). The only item in good condition that fits description, size and color is a t-shirt.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Let me start by saying I understand that Zulily works differently than other sites, but after receiving my very first order, I will NEVER shop with them again! I had been tempted to shop on their site several times in the last year or so, but I was always turned off by the shipping charges. Well, I finally gave in and went to town! I ordered 3 pairs of fairly pricey boots, 1 pair of wedge sandals, 5 of a blazer I loved in various colors and patterns, and several other random items. Yesterday, I received the blazers, which the site had recommended ordering a size up, so I did. Well, I'm swimming in them! I had seen that Zulily didn't offer refunds, but all I wanted was the same 5 blazers in a smaller size. Nope! Apparently, this is impossible.

My only option is to pay to ship them back to receive store credit minus the shipping I already paid. Then, I'll have to pay shipping a THIRD time to get whatever I use the store credit on! Are you kidding me?! YOU'RE GOING TO CHARGE ME TRIPLE SHIPPING BECAUSE I ORDERED SOMETHING EXACTLY AS YOUR SITE SUGGESTED?! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I chose to keep these 5 blazers that I will never wear since Zulily is an absolute ripoff, I'll NEVER shop with them again, and I'll be sure to post on all sites and tell everyone I know to stay far away from this racket! BUYER BEWARE: If you purchase something that doesn't fit you, you may end up paying more than it's worth in shipping costs just to get something else. Oh, and that's after waiting a month to get it!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I mostly order my 5-year-old and 6-month-old daughter's clothes and shoes from Zulily. Occasionally I order toys or other products but mostly just for my girls. The deals you come across can range from great to ok, to same as a Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I love going on every day to see what's new as it changes daily. I love some of the unique and trendy things on the site that I don't find in their sizes in a traditional store (I may be a little obsessed, but that's another topic lol). Sometimes I have received things that were not the same as the picture when I ordered, or slightly damaged. Maybe a little stain or something. Returning can be a waste, you can only return certain items and those items only get you a store credit.

So if you are planning to return something (return shipping cost 8.95 for up to 5 items and an additional 8.95 after that) because it doesn't fit or you just decide you don't like it, and it cost 12.99, well then it doesn't even pay to return it since you would only wind up with a few dollar store credit. I literally just got off the phone with a Zulily rep because I placed an order for about 7 things for my daughters, and when I received them, a Christmas dress I ordered had some black stains on a white Santa face. The item was a non-returnable item, but I explained the situation to the rep (a very nice man) and he quickly apologized, told me there was no need to send it back and that I can keep it to do whatever I want with, he also gave me the option to have the full purchase price credited in my original form of payment, or a store credit.

Since he saw that I ordered that specific dress in 2 different sizes (matching dresses for my girls) he apologized that the dress was no longer available to send me a replacement but gave me an additional store credit (on top of my purchase price) for my inconvenience and disappointment that they won't be able to match in those outfits. Now I can put the dress in the washing machine and see if it comes out since it is mine to keep!

All in all, I am completely happy with my Zulily transactions, products, and customer service experience! For the couple of mistakes or damaged things I received, I was immediately compensated and then some, all with a pleasant attitude! I realize this review was a bit long, thank you for reading it and I hope it gives a little insight into the experience of shopping with Zulily.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I ordered two pieces, leggings and a tunic. It took over a month to receive. The leggings were not the style I thought I had ordered and the tunic was not of good quality plus the measurements were off. Didn’t fit. What I didn’t expect was only getting a credit for the return. A credit is of no value to me as I will not order from them again. Very disappointing experience. I got what I paid for cheap clothing.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Yes shopping is $8 each way. You want to be careful to know your measurements and read the size charts to avoid having to return items. Some items I order are coming from China, Turkey, etc. so they take along time... three to four weeks or so. I was warned before purchasing that this would be the case. I have had no issues getting the right size shoes so far though I think it could be a problem when doing European sizing. In that case, I wear 7 1/2 us and the site recommends a 38. I typically choose 39 which is what I wear for XC ski shoes. Sometimes I think I'm getting something different than what I thought o was going to get... like a true plaid dress instead of a plaid print on polyester. If I had read the fabric description I would have been fine. Returns can be carefully grouped together to save shipping cost. What I save in the overall cost more than covers the occasional return.

I do have problems with the site more than other sites in double ordering things. I have no problem cancelling this as long as I discover this within a day. I double check everything now to prevent this. I have had issues with an item or two not being sent with the shipment but Zulily has always resolved the issue with me no problem. I do notice that items sometimes go to the wrong post office and then get delayed a day or so. It always eventually comes. I look at these issues as part of the experience of getting some great bargains and having a clearing house of stylish items. It has been worth the glitches so far. It certainly takes longer to get items than through most other delivery stores these days but if you are looking for stylish items at low prices, this is a great place to go. I'd skip it for routine items and for anything you need right now yesterday.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs