zulily

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a tunic online from another store and loved it. The next thing I know, tunics are popping up on my computer from Zulily. They looked good. I ordered a couple and they finally came in. I ordered my size, but they didn't fit. The fabric was cheap. I called to return them, and found I would have to print and pay for my shipping label; and they would only issue store credit, no refund on my credit card. DON'T BUY FROM ZULILY! They are low on the totem pole for quality products and customer service.

I have had only positive experiences with Zulily! I have received numerous compliments (not just from friends) about the numerous clothing items I've purchased there. I have noticed several of the complaints on here are size. Well, it's just like retail. There is no guarantee one pair and style of jeans are going to fit like another. Same from Zulily. I've noticed from buying from them repeatedly that their clothing comes from different suppliers. They offer a descriptive size chart with measurements though, if you pay attention to those they are pretty dead on. Another thing, they very clearly state at the bottom of the product, NO REFUNDS. They also let you know the item does take awhile to ship and usually a timeline to expect it. If they can't get the item (the supplier flakes out on them) THEN they will return your money. Scam? I think not. Try again.

I bought a pair of Crocs in my usual size. Had to pay for state tax (which was a new thing), but was OK with that since that is expected. Shoe arrived, too small. Manufacturer is inconsistent with sizing. I wanted to return it. Normally Zulily would credit my account if I provided proof. This time they offered to take it back and ask that I pay for the return shipping. The item was only $14 priced similarly at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. If I paid for the shipping, my return credit would have been $6. OMG.

Frankly, I am surprised that I have to pay for the return. So many online shoe stores offer free returns to the store or through UPS/Fedex. For sure, I will not be purchasing shoes from Zulily again. It is not worth the risk to lose that much for such little savings. Many Crocs are at a great price at stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx. That's just a reality. I will re-gift it to someone who can use it. And spread the word about your new policies. I've been a Zulily shopper for a while now. I won't even bother shopping here anymore.

I had heard good things about Zulily from colleagues and friends. So I thought I would try out a couple garments since I recently found out that I am pregnant. I never purchase clothing online but thought "what the heck, I will give it a try since they have cute garments I could wear when I am further along." BIG MISTAKE! First of all, good thing I was in NO hurry to receive the clothing, took about a month for all three to finally arrive. Second, the first garment was large (I ordered a small, I am petite) but still workable. Then I received the second garment weeks later and it was RIDICULOUSLY too large (again a small, which what I received was in my opinion a triple XL). It did not even stay on my shoulders much less my body. My husband and I could both fit in it together.

So of course, I contacted Zulily for a FULL refund. They refused to refund me in full, said they would send a shipping label (that I had to pay for!) and restocking fee (that I had to pay for!) and they would give a store credit! And a store credit, for what? I will never buy anything from them again. Then I received the third piece, I have still not opened it and I have had it for two weeks. I am too scared to see the waste of money spent again and too scared to return it since I will be basically paying for them to take their mistake back. I understand they work with vendors but they should check the quality and sizes before they send them to customers. Just very disappointed and no wonder why I never buy online. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Somehow, I missed all the negative reviews about Zulily - they must do a good job of squashing those. For those of you who understand what it is like to be pregnant, you know that having clothing within a certain time frame makes a difference. Because your body can change week to week, making last month's attire irrelevant. I made the brutal mistake of ordering a belly band and a dress from Zulily and was surprised by the fairly high shipping fee - I could have ordered very similarly priced items from other sites, but I was duped by the positive reviews and went ahead. After a few weeks, I still had not received any of my items. Upon further investigation, I realized that they do not have the products they sell you available to them immediately - you have to wait for these products to mysteriously appear until they can even begin to ship them to you! It took a month to receive my belly band - a month - and still, no dress.

Yesterday, I received an email (1.5 months after the original order) telling me that the dress may never arrive - it had not appeared for shipment so if it continued to be lost in the stratosphere, they would generously refund the cost of the dress. Wow, thank you for paying me back for a product I never received and wasn't even aware I would never receive until 1.5 months later. I was even more shocked by the fact that they didn't even offer to refund the shipping fee for the product that was NEVER SHIPPED. Why would you charge customers a shipping fee at all if you can't even guarantee they will ever get their products? Seems like a pretty nifty scam to me. Unless you are the expectant mother excited to have clothes to accommodate her changing body and having to wait on a disorganized, self-serving company looking to prey on you. Stay away - I know I will. These guys should not be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

The tunic that came looked nothing like the picture. Called - won't refund the money to send back. Cheap cheap company would never never buy from them again!!! I wish I had read all the other horrible reviews before I ever bought one thing in this company. I lose 8.00 on the return and have to spend another 10.00 for shipping. What a loser of a company.

I ordered a dress from Zulily in an XL. I received the dress and it was maybe a medium. Also the buttons on the dress were not straight. I called Zulily to find out how to return my item. I was charged $2.00 for a restocking fee and $5.95 for the shipping fee back to Zulily. I also do not receive my money back it will be placed in my account so that I can order something else. The experience was very disappointing because I was so excited about the clothes and the fun styles. Now I'm afraid to order from Zulily because I will just end up paying to ship something to my house and then pay to ship it back.

I've had years of experience shopping with Zulily and have never been let down. The brands offered are the same you could get elsewhere, just at much better prices. I love that the offers rotate and sometimes come back. This way you get a nice range of fresh, steady stream of new products to browse through at your leisure. Shipping cost is reasonable but in my experience, the speed leaves a little bit to be desired. I wish that it were faster but I think I often end up shopping during periods of heavy shopping (for example: cyber Monday) and that may have something to do with it. I've never contacted customer service with Zulily, as I've never had any issues but I don't imagine it'd be very hard to do. I believe there are links at the bottom of the page that you can click to contact them.

Zulily has a ton of items for adults and kids at amazing prices. They also have unique items and flash sales you have to get on in when you can. The selection can be few in certain stores but the overall selection is awesome. They have brands and labels I've never seen before and really like the brands they find. The shipping was not a problem at all. Everything came on time and in good condition.

Zulily's selection could be better but right now it's not that bad. I like the styles and it has the latest trends for the shoes too. I like how relevant it is to me style-wise too. The price is reasonable and I do like that they provide coupons for the site which makes me really happy and satisfied. It isn't extraordinarily expensive and is a great quality. I wish the shipping was a bit more faster but it is acceptable for me at the moment. Shipping takes about a week which is fine for me. It's a great speed and packaging is nice too. Contacting the company is great because they are so attentive and courteous with their service. I haven't contacted them a lot but they are fast at replying and efficient when it comes to the customer's needs.

The shoes are nice and comfortable. They make me wet which is great and are great for a run. I like them a lot and I want to buy more shoe like this. They are cool and have nice color. Some are black, white, green, blue, yellow, and gray. I like the blue because it is my fave color other than red. I like the shipping and the customer service is good.

I like the prices on the site. It is not too expensive. I like that the items are unique and different, and that the site offers items that are cute and not found in stores. I do not like that I have to wait at least a month to get items I have ordered. I wish that I could receive items quicker. The customer service is nice.

I bought tennis shoes for my daughter to prove to my husband that I could find her good shoes that weren't really expensive. There wasn't a huge selection, but I was able to find exactly what I wanted. It was a quick process to look through all the shoes, as there really weren't many to choose from, but the selection was satisfactory to me. The shipping price was reasonable and the package came in good shape. I was happy with everything, but it took quite awhile to get to me. It wasn't horrible, and I was prepared for it to take awhile, so it didn't upset me, but I'm used to much quicker shipping from other sites. My daughter loves the shoes and wears them all of the time. They are a character she loves and they light up. They were so very reasonably priced that I would buy multiple pairs of the same ones for the price of one pair at another store.

Zulily is a pretty good place to shop in my opinion. Very good items to choose from and a lot of great quality things to browse through. I do not receive damaged products and give good content. Also the time it takes to finally arrive is not that far from the order date. Wonderful customer service too, in my opinion. I always feel appreciated and would guarantee that to anyone. The consistency is remarkable. It's very satisfying to buy and love to order from these guys.

Price is good, lower than other places. The only thing is that they don't accept returns. If returns would be acceptable I would buy more because sometimes things just don't fit. The selections is very good. There is stuff for all tastes and for the whole family. Its clothes shoes and anything you can think of. The selection is very good just that you need to order before it's not in stock. Shipping takes a while and it's more expensive than other stores. Shipping needs a better time frame. They seem to be very easy to contact through a click of a button. I think if I were to contact them they would be really helpful.

There were ample pages and pages of all sorts from boots, dress, tennis use, casual, active, and elegant. I highly recommend this for a wide variety of shoes. The price was buy one get one half so I ended up buying two pairs and was happy with my purchase that I made online. For the price it was a rewarded online experience. I got free shipping with my purchase because I spent over seventy five dollars. It was well worth standard five day rates because it was FREE. Who doesn't just LOVE free?

I paid less than $20 for a pair of dress shoes that I have seen go for double in regular stores. The site was easy to browse with tons of options to choose from available in my little girl's size and has many different sections to shop for. There's sneakers, boots, dress shoes and even sandals. Shipping was very easy & painless. I ordered the shoes and had them within the same week, which felt like I was ordering with Amazon prime. Very fast shipping with tracking to keep an eye out on them.

Zulilly has so many brands, styles, colors and type of shoes to choose from. I can find any kind of shoes I want from this retailer. The price of the shoes was decent and not too cheap so I know they are made with quality but I can afford them. I would shop here again based on the price. Customer service was excellent. They were very professional, kind, quick to help with whatever I needed and they answered all of my questions. Shipping was affordable and my shoes arrived very quickly and faster than expected.

Great prices and discounts with free shipping when you spend a certain amount. Many selections from kids to adults. They have boots, shoes, dress shoes, and so much more. I love the variety that they have overall and the ease of picking out what I want. Shipping has been fast, affordable and accurate as well which is perfect for me. I have not really had to deal with customer service as much since I have had no issues with my orders or ordering. But I am sure they are great just like the company.

They have the greatest selection of shoes in my opinion. And it's a blessing since where I live it's harder to find good shoes if you don't shop online. I would definitely recommend everyone to try this website if you need shoes. I thought that the prices would be a little bit better but in the end I was satisfied and in the future I would recommend that they try to lower the prices on some of the things that they ship. Shipping and delivery can sometimes be costly and most of the things I buy from Zulily isn't that expensive because they have absolutely great prices. Customer service is okay. I never really used it but I've heard exceptional things about them.

Great prices, items, and material. Awesome deals. They usually have for everybody in your family from baby to grandparents... so you can buy shoes for everyone in your family in one spot. However, sometimes it doesn't have all the right description or reviews to see sizing if it runs big or small. Shipping is so slow, sometimes it's weeks before you get your items so that's a big problem. They should try and cut the shipping time to at least one week. Great customer service. Email them and they will help you resolve your issue or refund your money back no questions asked. So you can be happy that if you have an issue they will sure help.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.
  • Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.
  • Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.
  • Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.
  • Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.
  • Best for zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Compare Shoes Online