2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.8/5 (602 ratings)

About zulily

Zulily is an online retailer that offers fashion products, home decor, toys and more. Customers can shop from many different brands and take advantage of Zulily’s price-match promise, which guarantees the company matches or beats the price of other top retailers. With Zulily, purchasing multiple items in your cart helps offset your shipping costs and maximizes savings.

zulily Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I have been buying from Zulily for 5 years before QVC bought them. Most of the items are Chinese and are cheaply made. Suzanne Betro is an exception and Thredup will take them to resell if in good shape. I have bought shoes Home Goods toys you name it. Yes shipping takes a long time but I am used to it now. They carry some name brands including makeup and fragrances. I miss weekend free shipping. Customer service is not the best now so I am more careful when ordering. Since covid it is the only place I shop for clothes. I think Zulily gets a bad rap sometimes. Just purchase things you are sure about because they rarely give returns only store credit. Many times it does not pay to send the items back.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Shopping at Zulily for me has become akin to surfing social media for other people. I LOVE the specials and the way the site will tailor the item listings to your personal interests. Once you get familiar with the vendors (usually exclusively clothing) and the quality, it's easy to determine what to stay away from. All the designer items are authentic and they even offer refurbished high dollar mechanical products like iPads and Dyson vacuums. I browse almost everyday just to see what's listed and purchase frequently. I don't mind the longer lead time, I'm always getting little Zulily "gifts" in the mail almost daily.

With as many products that I've purchased, only one time did I find the manufacturer site of the item had a slightly lower price. Every other time, Zulily reigns the low price leader for identical products. I especially like the "back in stock" feature where if you missed an item, they notify you it's back. I can't think of a single retailer where I can buy a 8'x10' high pile area rug that retailed for over $1K for $139. Absolutely gorgeous in my living room!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Customer for eight years and love them! I have bought everything from clothes for me and the grandkids two kitchen gadgets, books, and toys. As far as clothes for me, I’ve learned that many brands run a little small and adjusted my ordering accordingly. I love that some things are marked that they can ship out immediately, those things get here surprisingly fast, usually within a week. I keep a list of brands and what size I wear in them, and of course have my Favorites that I buy from frequently when they are offered. Even when things do not fit right, customer Service has been fabulous! Extremely prompt refunds, easy returns, and pleasant people to deal with. I’ve recommended this site to literally over 100 people and would continue to do so indefinitely.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I have ordered countless items from Zulily for as long as they’ve been in business. I’ve purchased clothing, to kitchenware to toys. I had an item arrive but was wrong. I contacted them and they refunded my item including return shipping. It was a credit but I was ok with that. I’ve had a few clothing items be of a lesser quality so now I avoid those brands. All other items I’ve had no issues with. Customer service has always been excellent. They now offer some returnable items although whenever a problem has occurred, they’ve taken care of it. The only complaint I would have with them is the shipping times. In an Amazon instant delivery world, it is hard to wait weeks for an item.

I am quite confused over so many negative reviews on here as I have always been very satisfied with Zulily. One person stated a price went up. Well, prices on certain items have gone up due to covid and shipping restrictions. Appliances, electronics and some plastic items are harder to get. I always check Amazon to cost compare. That being said, I will continue to shop with Zulily as I have never had bad service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I've been a customer at Zulily for the past five years. I know how to spot Chinese apparel and you also can research the company names separately. But if you tend to go for the cheapest thing on the site and it says it's going to take three weeks or more to be delivered that in my opinion is a recipe for disaster! As I found the above to be a rarity as I'm now a Zulily pro.

But the merchandise is not all crap and far from it. I have bought a tonne and thousands of dollars of stuff and I'm very happy with all of it. They have a lot of brand name items that go through the site. You can even have an email sent when a company posts items for sale. There are some very high end items that show up now and then. I've seen Nine West, Coach and some high-end European designers. Also the customer service is very receptive. For instance I had ordered about $200 of stuff and was let go from my job about three days later. I called customer service to cancel my orders and because they hadn't shipped they canceled the entire order. If you read the product descriptions including their particular sizing charts and review Company names separately (if you're not familiar with them already) you shouldn't go wrong.

I can count on one hand things I wasn't particularly happy with whether quality or sizing but that was a learning curve. All in all Zulily has been good to me and it gets more and more brand names as the years go on. As someone else stated I'm surprised with the bad reviews but what I read from those reviews was they went for the cheapest they could find and of course didn't get what they thought they were getting. It's happened to me on Amazon many times but I can safely say less on Zulily. And folks that's my two cents. Cheers!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I ordered a solar light for the back yard and when it arrived I could see it was poor quality for the 39.99 price. I went to the website to return it but it said the item was not eligible for return even though it had only been a few days after I received it (well within the 30 day return policy). The item had a link next to it to click and find out the reason for the ineligibility, but the link took me to the policy that had a long list of items that basically included everything and anything ordered from Zulily could be argued to fall under this list to be deemed ineligible for return. I will not be ordering from Zulily again and will have to eat the 40.00+ that I wasted at this company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

I ordered a queen quilt. I was shipped a twin. First the chat tried to tell me I had to wait 10 days for some other department to contact me since it ships from the manufacturer directly even though the packing list and shipping label show it came from Zulily. I called the customer service number instead. A nice guy named Chris assisted me. He said since the queen was out of stock, all he could do is credit the incorrect one (which they did). But I also ordered all of the pillows and everything since I like this set. It's not cheap, especially from other places. Zulily customer service refused to try to contact the manufacturer directly to get the correct one shipped despite trying to pass the buck and blame them for the error. I emailed the manufacturer myself and hopefully they will step it up where Zulily has failed.

This is my first ever order from Zulily and I will NEVER order from them again. I advise you to NOT order from them either because if something goes wrong, they won't do a whole lot to help. Pay the extra money from a more reputable place and have the peace of mind that you will have REAL customer service should you need it.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I see plenty of ads for Zulily online. I'm an avid online shopper. I keep forgetting that Zulily is one of the sites that forces you to get membership before you can even look to see if there's anything you want. I refuse to shop at these kind of places. They say they do that so they can offer you good deals. That's ridiculous. Membership is open to anyone. So if they allow you to look around with or without membership, does that mean they can offer good deals? I don't get it. I won't shop with them, that's a good policy.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I ordered two items on August 20th, a blouse (called the "Suzanne Betro Weekend Navy & Rust Geometric Half Sleeve Henley Tunic") and a cardigan. I realized that I was going to have to wait until September 12th for one of them to ship and I had ordered them to wear together. I emailed support to cancel the late-shipper so I could order it somewhere else and get it on time for the event I wanted to wear it for. I was told, "We understand that you would like to cancel this item, but unfortunately, it is already in the process to be shipped out and we are unable to process a cancellation at this point. " Wait, what? It's already in the process of being shipped out? I thought it wasn't shipping out until September 12th. Which is it? No answer to that one. That was red flag number one!

After receiving the cardigan, I looked it over and gave it a 'mediocre' rating in my mind. It's ok but not as nice as it looks on the site. However, I will wear it and it fits fine. After receiving the blouse, I put it on and realized it is COMPLETELY SHEER AND SEE-THROUGH!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP GARBAGE!! NOT AT ALL HOW IT LOOKS IN THE SITE!! WORTH ABOUT $5 MAXIMUM!! I was super disappointed. This blouse absolutely cannot be worn without another top, like a tank top, underneath it, which is not how I prefer to dress. Not happy!! If I had a printer to print the return label, this trash would be on its way back. I will never order anything from Zulily again. They ripped me off once, no more chances!!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

The order takes forever to get to you. Company does not state that you have to wait for shipment from Asia. Everything fits too small. I ordered larger than my size. Still too small. The return fee was outrageous. I received an email stating $21.39 store credit minus $17.90 for shipping and handling. Refund was $3.49. Save your money. Shop American

zulily author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

zulily Company Information