2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.7/5 (353 ratings)

About zulily

Zulily is an online retailer that offers fashion products, home decor, toys and more. Customers can shop from many different brands and take advantage of Zulily’s price-match promise, which guarantees the company matches or beats the price of other top retailers. With Zulily, purchasing multiple items in your cart helps offset your shipping costs and maximizes savings.

zulily Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: April 28, 2021

I love Zulily. Yes, some items take a while to ship, this is because the items are not all warehoused in the same location. I am perfectly fine waiting on something I really like. It is clearly stated when purchasing if an item is returnable or not. I have not had to return anything so far and have been extremely pleased with everything I have purchased. I love how each day there are new items you can purchase. It keeps their site fresh and exciting to see what is New Today or Ending Soon. I recently purchased a throw rug with neutrals of browns & cream for my living room and I'm in love, couldn't be happier.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Customer for eight years and love them! I have bought everything from clothes for me and the grandkids two kitchen gadgets, books, and toys. As far as clothes for me, I’ve learned that many brands run a little small and adjusted my ordering accordingly. I love that some things are marked that they can ship out immediately, those things get here surprisingly fast, usually within a week. I keep a list of brands and what size I wear in them, and of course have my Favorites that I buy from frequently when they are offered. Even when things do not fit right, customer Service has been fabulous! Extremely prompt refunds, easy returns, and pleasant people to deal with. I’ve recommended this site to literally over 100 people and would continue to do so indefinitely.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I have ordered countless items from Zulily for as long as they’ve been in business. I’ve purchased clothing, to kitchenware to toys. I had an item arrive but was wrong. I contacted them and they refunded my item including return shipping. It was a credit but I was ok with that. I’ve had a few clothing items be of a lesser quality so now I avoid those brands. All other items I’ve had no issues with. Customer service has always been excellent. They now offer some returnable items although whenever a problem has occurred, they’ve taken care of it. The only complaint I would have with them is the shipping times. In an Amazon instant delivery world, it is hard to wait weeks for an item.

I am quite confused over so many negative reviews on here as I have always been very satisfied with Zulily. One person stated a price went up. Well, prices on certain items have gone up due to covid and shipping restrictions. Appliances, electronics and some plastic items are harder to get. I always check Amazon to cost compare. That being said, I will continue to shop with Zulily as I have never had bad service.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

I've been a customer at Zulily for the past five years. I know how to spot Chinese apparel and you also can research the company names separately. But if you tend to go for the cheapest thing on the site and it says it's going to take three weeks or more to be delivered that in my opinion is a recipe for disaster! As I found the above to be a rarity as I'm now a Zulily pro.

But the merchandise is not all crap and far from it. I have bought a tonne and thousands of dollars of stuff and I'm very happy with all of it. They have a lot of brand name items that go through the site. You can even have an email sent when a company posts items for sale. There are some very high end items that show up now and then. I've seen Nine West, Coach and some high-end European designers. Also the customer service is very receptive. For instance I had ordered about $200 of stuff and was let go from my job about three days later. I called customer service to cancel my orders and because they hadn't shipped they canceled the entire order. If you read the product descriptions including their particular sizing charts and review Company names separately (if you're not familiar with them already) you shouldn't go wrong.

I can count on one hand things I wasn't particularly happy with whether quality or sizing but that was a learning curve. All in all Zulily has been good to me and it gets more and more brand names as the years go on. As someone else stated I'm surprised with the bad reviews but what I read from those reviews was they went for the cheapest they could find and of course didn't get what they thought they were getting. It's happened to me on Amazon many times but I can safely say less on Zulily. And folks that's my two cents. Cheers!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I love Zulily. In general I'm not someone who shops online but I find the variety and prices drool worthy. Shipping takes a couple weeks but the shipping cost is cheap. Often once the item is purchased the website will offer further shopping for no additional shipping cost. One caveat: stick to brand names. Every day new items are added and the website is easy to use. I'm not a techie or a millennial but for my purposes, Zulily is a winner.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I ordered a cute red ruffle dress what seems like a month ago. Tracking was not right, each time I tried to track it Zulily had no information on my purchase. I received a pair of small ugly shorts. The receipt in the bag clearly says my purchase item is suppose to be a red dress not stripped blue shorts. I am blocking them from advertising on my fb, I will never order from them again

Original review: June 4, 2021

I ordered a kids birthday gift that was on sale for 89.99. I sent it to the birthday girl/boys house on May 2, 2021. Today I called again to find out where the item is? They still have not received this item. I ask the mother daily if they received it. She's like no don't worry Zulily's takes a while to ship. The customer service tells me o it got lost in transit and it's no longer available. I'm so mad. I've been waiting for over a month and so have these children for their gift to be told "oh no you won't receive - we will credit you." Where am I going to find this item now for that price to send to them. I'm NOT! I am so embarrassed and feel so hurt and don't know what I will tell these kids. Terrible experience! They were rude and not helpful at all.

Original review: June 4, 2021

They don’t tell you this is International. It took 4 weeks. I was charged Shipping! I’m Very Dissatisfied. Don’t plan on doing any Business with them Ever! Horrible Service. They don’t give you no date.

Original review: May 18, 2021

When the dress arrived, it did not resemble the advertised dress and it was too small. When I called to complain, they told me I would have to ship it to them and they would ship it to China. I would have to pay freight to them, then to China. I would be charged for all freight and tariffs.

Original review: May 12, 2021

This company takes your money, confirms a ship date and then not only doesnt deliver on time, but they dont even notify you of a delay. And then they refuse to cancel the order even though it hasnt shipped. BAD BUSINESS all the way around & totally unacceptable. I will be reporting them to all authorities w/ out delay.

zulily author review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team