1.69/5

262 zulily Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I mostly order my 5-year-old and 6-month-old daughter's clothes and shoes from Zulily. Occasionally I order toys or other products but mostly just for my girls. The deals you come across can range from great to ok, to same as a Marshall's or TJ Maxx. I love going on every day to see what's new as it changes daily. I love some of the unique and trendy things on the site that I don't find in their sizes in a traditional store (I may be a little obsessed, but that's another topic lol). Sometimes I have received things that were not the same as the picture when I ordered, or slightly damaged. Maybe a little stain or something. Returning can be a waste, you can only return certain items and those items only get you a store credit.

So if you are planning to return something (return shipping cost 8.95 for up to 5 items and an additional 8.95 after that) because it doesn't fit or you just decide you don't like it, and it cost 12.99, well then it doesn't even pay to return it since you would only wind up with a few dollar store credit. I literally just got off the phone with a Zulily rep because I placed an order for about 7 things for my daughters, and when I received them, a Christmas dress I ordered had some black stains on a white Santa face. The item was a non-returnable item, but I explained the situation to the rep (a very nice man) and he quickly apologized, told me there was no need to send it back and that I can keep it to do whatever I want with, he also gave me the option to have the full purchase price credited in my original form of payment, or a store credit.

Since he saw that I ordered that specific dress in 2 different sizes (matching dresses for my girls) he apologized that the dress was no longer available to send me a replacement but gave me an additional store credit (on top of my purchase price) for my inconvenience and disappointment that they won't be able to match in those outfits. Now I can put the dress in the washing machine and see if it comes out since it is mine to keep!

All in all, I am completely happy with my Zulily transactions, products, and customer service experience! For the couple of mistakes or damaged things I received, I was immediately compensated and then some, all with a pleasant attitude! I realize this review was a bit long, thank you for reading it and I hope it gives a little insight into the experience of shopping with Zulily.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I ordered two pieces, leggings and a tunic. It took over a month to receive. The leggings were not the style I thought I had ordered and the tunic was not of good quality plus the measurements were off. Didn’t fit. What I didn’t expect was only getting a credit for the return. A credit is of no value to me as I will not order from them again. Very disappointing experience. I got what I paid for cheap clothing.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Yes shopping is $8 each way. You want to be careful to know your measurements and read the size charts to avoid having to return items. Some items I order are coming from China, Turkey, etc. so they take along time... three to four weeks or so. I was warned before purchasing that this would be the case. I have had no issues getting the right size shoes so far though I think it could be a problem when doing European sizing. In that case, I wear 7 1/2 us and the site recommends a 38. I typically choose 39 which is what I wear for XC ski shoes. Sometimes I think I'm getting something different than what I thought o was going to get... like a true plaid dress instead of a plaid print on polyester. If I had read the fabric description I would have been fine. Returns can be carefully grouped together to save shipping cost. What I save in the overall cost more than covers the occasional return.

I do have problems with the site more than other sites in double ordering things. I have no problem cancelling this as long as I discover this within a day. I double check everything now to prevent this. I have had issues with an item or two not being sent with the shipment but Zulily has always resolved the issue with me no problem. I do notice that items sometimes go to the wrong post office and then get delayed a day or so. It always eventually comes. I look at these issues as part of the experience of getting some great bargains and having a clearing house of stylish items. It has been worth the glitches so far. It certainly takes longer to get items than through most other delivery stores these days but if you are looking for stylish items at low prices, this is a great place to go. I'd skip it for routine items and for anything you need right now yesterday.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I’ve shopped with Zulily for years and have not had any major issues till now. I ordered multiple items including family Christmas pajamas for half of my family. My sister ordered the other half. I paid by Apple Pay which was an option and my ordered was canceled. When I emailed Zulily it was told it was my financial institution's fault and when I pushed back and said no the person finally admitted they were not able to take Apple Pay even though it was an option. So now I’m out all my products I ordered which by the way were for Christmas pictures and all they offered was a $10 credit on a $265.98 order that was their fault even though they tried to blame my bank. I would’ve liked them to try to work the store to get my order or at least more of a credit but when I asked what else could be done since Zulily was at fault I received no answer.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I randomly came across these reviews on Zulily and saw how negative they are. So, I wanted to add a different perspective. I shop on Zulily a lot. Probably too much. The deals can be great or they can be just okay. On a rare occasion I can find it cheaper elsewhere, so it's important to do your research. And since the brands are all different, the quality is going to vary a lot. I mostly shop for Children's clothes on there and the quality has been pretty good, occasionally something with poor quality will come my way, but my toddler doesn't care much.

For myself, I just really make sure to stick with reputable brands. If you aren't familiar with the brand you can always do a Google search first. The slow shipping doesn't bother me, but I guess I'm used to it. I only had one real problem and that was with an item from China (I didn't take my own advice on doing research first). It was one of those Little Mermaid tail blankets for my daughter. Anyway, it took so long to get to us that I didn't think it was coming. I asked for a refund and they gave it to me right away. It did end up coming in eventually and it was very low quality. But, I already had my money back, so I didn't really care. Long story, short: if you Google the reviews on the brand you are interested in, you'll be okay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about zulily?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have ordered 20 or so items from Zulily in the past. Items for holiday gifts, clothes for my kids, character items my kids like. While it seems so much slower than ordering from a 2 day shipping type place because you have to wait for the shopping time to end, the product to be I don't know "picked" from the source, then sent to Zulily then sent to me... they keep me updated each step of the way.

I appreciate the chance to scan and shop items in a variety of categories in one place. I also kind of like the time limit as I can spin my wheels looking for a PERFECT thing sometimes when I should just decide yes or no and be done with it. Also a big draw is that they are more unique things than just going to my local red or blue store if you know what I mean. The quality of the products has been great. The items arrive packaged well for what I ordered (including some posters I was worried about). And occasionally they have personalized options which were awesome.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Ordered $83. and lost over $45 when UPS said they delivered. NO! Half of the order was canceled. The other 45.00 worth of merchandise never made it to my house. Denied the claim because UPS driver said they delivered it. I will NEVER do business with this company again. Merchandise is very cheap and takes forever to arrive. And when it doesn't, they charge you for it anyway. BAD BUSINESS PRACTICES WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I've stayed away from Zulily because of everything I heard but I couldn't stop myself from buying cardigan, pockets, tent dress (it has a cute name). I purchased one and it fit of course. I bought 4 more. I slip it on in the morning after a shower and wear it as a house dress or dress it up with a necklace and go out shopping. Love clothes with pockets. I then purchased Amelie leather sandals. They fit but I'm allergic to something in the sole and got blisters on both feet. My receipt said, "This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, etc." I don't believe I was given this information when I ordered.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I ordered two items from the Ready to Ship section. The website shows it was shipped on the 17th of August. Today is the 27th. I do not have my order. I have purchased several items from them and stay mad at how long it takes to get anything. I gave it one more chance. That was it. I’m done with this company. Customer service is not helpful. They have a lot of excuses but no solutions.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

Zulily gives you an expected delivery date when you're buying an item and then changes that date once you purchase the item. It's been over 12 days and my item was just now sent to the incorrect city's post office instead of being delivered by UPS. I WILL NEVER MAKE ANOTHER PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Just received an email from Zulily that someone just accessed my account (wasn't me) - and asked them to close it. They agreed to close in 3 to 5 business days. That time duration is totally unacceptable for online hacking of my account. They should have closed it immediately.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I find the clothes and shoes are at least one size too small. And I’m now figuring out that this is done on purpose so they can charge you to return the items! I paid $15 for a pair of shoes and $7 for shipping. They are charging me $8 to return the item so my refund is only $6??? No thanks. I’ll squeeze my foot into them for $6!!! Very disappointing.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I ordered a dress from zulily which was profoundly too small even though I ordered one size up. So small, the zipper had a 6" gap. Tried to return it online to discover they were charging $8.95 to issue a return label! I originally paid $6.00 for shipping so I called them to find out what's going on. Our return policy is clearly stated under RETURNS I was told.

Be aware: "An $8.95 shipping & handling fee applies for return requests of one to five items, and is deducted from your estimated store credit total. An additional $8.95 will be deducted for returns of six to 10 items, and again for 11 to 15 items, continuing in increments of five. The shipping & handling fee includes labor and material costs, packaging and restocking fees, and it may exceed the actual cost paid by zulily to its carrier to send the item(s) back to zulily. Your estimated store credit total, minus the shipping & handling fees, will be shown before you submit your return online." It arrived in a light plastic bag which certainly did NOT cost them anywhere near $6 or $9 for postage.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased a Melissa and Doug grocery store set for my son about 4 weeks ago as a birthday gift for him. I paid $168 for it. I received an email via UPS that the package is 68 pounds. Is being delivered on 08/16/2018. The package that was delivered by FedEx (not UPS like the email stated) was only 3 pounds and CLEARLY not what I ordered. I called customer service and the lady was very apologetic. She stated that the Melissa and Doug grocery store was no longer in stock for Zulily and she will refund me my money. What??? It stated shipped 68 pounds via UPS. I get a 3 pound box from FedEx of something I did NOT order. Where did the disconnect happen? Horrible. Now I have to hurry and get my son something completely different for his birthday. Shame on you, Zulily! Crooks!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have ordered thousands of dollars worth of items from Zulily. Many items were paid for and never received. Other items, even expensive high-end name brand items, were defective, and much of the clothing is poor quality. Though ineffective, the customer service persons are obviously inundated with complaints. Formed responses are often lacking and don't address the complaints. So FRUSTRATING! I am done with Zulily!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I am surprised to read all the negative comments. I have ordered many products from Zulily and disappointed in only a few usually because of color or size difference. I've not had any problems with returning items and they have always notified me when my orders have shipped. On the returns they have given me a refund plus about $5 credit because of the inconvenience. They sent a wrong item once and told me to keep it or give it away and gave me $5 credit. I called once to change the size of the item I ordered and the customer service rep took care of it while I was on the line. As far as having to wait for the purchases to arrive, if I see that it is imported then I know it will take longer. It is not a matter of life or death so to me it is no big deal. Also if I see an article of clothing is imported, I have learned to order a bigger size.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

For the most part, there is good stuff available on the Zulily website - a nice aggregate, even if often pricier than other places where these items can be had HOWEVER Be EXTREMELY cautious buying make up/skin care/ and ESPECIALLY PERFUME from the site as I have been back and forth with them over a rancid bottle of very expensive perfume. According to the woman I spoke to, Amber, I should have known that there was a good chance the perfume was compromised because I bought it from them - a discount website. My question, which has of yet gone unanswered, it, why would Zulily knowingly sell rancid perfume? How many thousands of dollars have they made reselling products the initial retailer deemed 'unfit to sell'. That's some ugly stuff, Amber @ Zulily.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

So, I have shopped a lot of Zulily. I thought they would want to keep me as a customer but clearly I was wrong. I purchased a pair of Tory Burch sunglasses for $129. When they arrived they looked and felt cheap! I requested a return. I've received a few form responses over the last 3 weeks but nothing more meaningful or that moved my request to a conclusion.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I didn’t receive packages, but per OnTrac delivery, the driver lied and said they were delivered to my front door. After even checking the common areas in my building, I reached out to Zulily. I order a TON of stuff from Zulily, call me a shopaholic. Well, this situation will definitely help me to NEVER buy anything from Zuilily again. After speaking with multiple customer service reps I got in touch with Julie ** who is a supervisor. She was a complete ** and just told me to contact OnTrac MULTIPLE times with no apology for my inconvenience whatsoever although OnTrac was not following through and looking for the package or returning my calls. After receiving the last email from Julie ** “Please contact OnTrac again... Warm Regards, Julie **”

I was absolutely appalled and contacted them and spoke to another supervisor named Susan. She was ** #2 and informed me that they didn’t owe me any apology for OnTrac or my inconvenience & the response that I received from Julie was their normal procedure. I will NEVER shop with Zulily ever again!! And to top it all off, I have to call them back 10 days from my delivery date to request a refund. I can’t wait 'till Zulily goes out of business. But looking at the ratings on Consumer Affairs, I don’t think they’ll last anyway. Peace out Zulily, see you NEVER.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I used zulily several times and was quite pleased with them until recently when I had to return several parcels of clothing that did not fit correctly. 2 items arrived damaged and stained so I contacted them and stated I would be returning some things. I paid for the return labels. 4 labels at $8.95 a piece! I shipped all the parcels in the allotted time frame and even have a receipt confirmation from the USPS. They never credited back any of my returns. None of them. Well over $100 ($150+) in returns and they voided all my returns stating my returns did not make it back in their time frame when I have proof they did. (Mom always taught us to save all your receipts, records and proof)...

I contacted their customer service department several times and I’m beyond frustrated. They have blatantly stolen from me and other customers and I’m contacting the BBB & Attorney General’s Office next. Dishonest marketing and lie after lie. I want what belongs to me returned. If you are not going to uphold your standards as a business then you shouldn’t be in business! They are downright hustling customers hard earned money and not being legit about it. If they aren’t going to credit my returns, then where are the damaged and oversized dresses I sent back? They’re mine! Thieves! #zulilydeception #zulily #dishonestbusinesspractices

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I ordered two tunic tops about three weeks ago - still have not received them. When I checked the status of my order it said it was just shipped from China. What??!! If I had known that I would have to wait at least a month for this order I never would have placed it. I am also questioning the quality of the items I will receive since they were made in China. I try to purchase products made in the USA. I will NEVER order from Zulily again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was extremely satisfied when I got my blackout curtain set for less than $20, Ordered the coverlet bedspread & pillow sham, it was not very thick. About as thick as a heavy sheet. Shoes are very narrow. The prices might be good but the quality is not there.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I've used zulily several previous times with so so results. The clothes were pretty poor quality with long shipping times. Recently, I tried 6 separate times to buy toddler shoes and every time the shoes were gone by the time I'd try to process the order. It's not worth the money you save with waste of your life that happens. I contacted customer service and received a terribly rude email. Zulily has poor quality products, poor shipping times, a poor time wasting model and terrible customer service. Jane.com a somewhat similar model selling for other companies by contrast is 1000 better with kind customer service, mostly high quality products and generally good shipping times.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Zulily, and another site Dresslily, are companies located in China. Their website is hosted on Amazon Web Services, a division of Amazon that provides secure virtual web servers for hosting websites of many large retailers and companies. They obfuscate the fact they are in China on their website and use a US customer service phone number. Online orders are shipped in bulk from China to a US distribution destination, where they are then sent via US mail, FedEx, UPS or DHL. The reason it takes so long to get an order is because they are sent in bulk by maritime shipping (Container Ship), which can take up to a month to travel from China to the US.

I discovered this when I placed an order with Dresslily.com. I ordered 2 shirts and it took over a month for them to arrive. My medium shirts are a slightly tight fit, but passable. One shirt was cotton and made in India and the other was 100% polyester, which may be my mistake for not checking the specs carefully before ordering. The goods are made in China or India and are sized smaller than for a normal US person. That's why many complain that they received the wrong size.

I'm not sure how they handle returns. Recently on the local Atlanta news, there was a Chinese company website who was using a US friend of the owners, who asked if he could use her Atlanta address for returns. She wasn't expecting the deluge of return packages that were delivered daily to her house. Most were clothes. Her whole house and garage were full of returned merchandise, and she had no idea what to do with them. She asked her friend to stop sending them to her address. She started donating all the goods to Goodwill. Be careful if you use these sites, be prepared to wait a month or more for delivery, and check the specifications of what you order carefully.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I finally ordered from Zulily. I ordered a comforter set. It was nice but the color looked totally different than online. I gave it away. I then ordered a short set for my grandson. The shirt was a size 4 and the shorts a size 3! After back and forth with customer service they agreed to a total refund. (They charge a service charge to return an item!) Nope, I got a partial refund for THEIR error, even after an email from them saying a full refund would be on the way. Never will I order from them again! Do not order unless you are absolutely sure on size and that you really want the merchandise, no matter what. I do all my shopping online. I will stick with Amazon Prime and Etsy.com!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes from this site. They arrived and they were too small. I returned within the 30 day requirement. I paid for the shipping myself. I never received any confirmation of my return. I had to go on the site to check my status. My account showed that my return was denied. No communication relaying this information to me. The site states you will receive a credit for future purchases with a return. This site has the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I do not believe they have the right to keep my product without any reimbursement or credit. I would have sooner sold my items on eBay and recouped some of the money. I would like everyone to know not to buy anything from Zulily.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Zulily Customer Service is the WORST I've ever encountered anywhere! I ordered $200+ worth of clothing from Zulily (first time customer). Items arrived within a reasonable time, but none of the items fit (their sizing runs small compared to other retailers) so I returned everything, all together in one box, after having received a Return Auth # from customer service. Within a few weeks, they gave me store credit for one item, so I KNOW they received everything, but they acknowledged only that one item. I contacted Customer Service (by email) and asked for a refund for the remainder of my order. They said they'd issue a refund promptly once the items were received. I explained that the items HAVE been received because they were all sent in one box and I got a Zulily credit (not a refund) worth about $40 for one of the items. They say they'll look into it.

Weeks go by. I contact them asking for status update. The entire process starts again from the beginning. I give them a copy of previous communication, and they say they'll look into it and get back to me. This goes on for months and months. My request is escalated through management (or so they claim), but each time the response is "Once we receive your items we'll issue a refund." A year has gone by and I've given up, which is (I'm sure) the result they were looking for. Zulily is a scam company as far as I'm concerned. I will never shop there again, and will never recommend them to anyone.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Zulily charged me twice for an item I had cancelled. When I contacted customer support they said this wasn’t possible but to send them a screenshot of the transactions. I did. They stated these would just fall off my account but my bank assured me they had been deducted. Zulily won’t issue refunds but continues to send emails as to how they are working on it. I have had to complete a police report stating fraud on the part of Zulily and give it to my bank. My debit card has been shut down and the bank has reimbursed me. Now I am waiting on a new debit card. I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Buyer beware!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I ordered some things from zulily for Christmas a few years ago and didn't have any problems with the orders. I didn't order from them again for a long time then recently ordered some Havaianas sandals a few months ago. Weeks went by and the sandals never shipped, so I messaged them to inquire about it and they said the vendor apparently didn't have enough, so they canceled my order and I was refunded. Whatever.

For reference to the next part, I have all my card information in my zulily account because it's just convenient. Today I got a notification that I ordered two watches and some cologne for a grand total of SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS. I checked my bank account and sure enough I was charged hundreds of dollars. For things that I never ordered. As a poor college student I absolutely cannot afford to just lose hundreds of dollars, and I try to be really conscious and aware of buying from reputable sites. I thought zulily was okay but I guess I didn't research enough.

I called customer service and they issued a refund, and I asked them to completely shut down my account because I don't want to worry about my money getting stolen and I don't want to give my business to a company that apparently makes it easy for fraud to occur. I also called my bank and cancelled my card. Now I'm worried that they will charge me again, as someone else in the reviews with the same experience had happen. I literally just created an account to write this review and warn others to avoid this company. Sure, you might have some orders that turn out fine, but it is absolutely not worth the risk of getting your money stolen. Beware.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The worst. I bought a pair of bifocal glasses. They were uneven and the bifocal lens so far down they were unusable. Returning to this place is a total hassle. I spent $5.95 for shipping, have to pay return shipping and was told I would have a $7.50 credit to respond at a company I will never use again. Buyer beware.

zulily expert review by ConsumerAffairs

zulily is a deals website that offers short-term sales, called events, on a wide assortment of products, including men’s, women’s and children’s shoes. It is a subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation and is headquartered in Seattle.

• Discounts: zulily specializes in offering steep discounts to consumers. They do this by placing a very large order at one time, which allows them to purchase products at a discount and pass those savings on to customers.

• Referral credit: zulily customers can post personalized links to their social media accounts to refer friends. After someone joins and places an order using their link, the original customer will receive a store credit to be used towards any zulily event.

• Consolidated shipping: When consumers buy multiple items on the same day, even if they make two separate purchases, they only pay one shipping fee. The items will be shipped together to save the customer money.

• Alerts: Consumers can set up alerts and reminders so zulily will notify them when a brand they like will be featured in the future. They can also set email preferences to alert them of new events each morning.

• Size options: Size availability varies by brand, but most sizes are available at the beginning of an event. By shopping at the beginning of an event, customers have a wider variety of sizes to choose from.

• Best for: zulily carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for budget-conscious shoppers and bargain hunters.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs