3.67/5
Based on 1,717 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

4492 Wayfair Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

I chose just one fantastic item I’ve gotten recently (it’s the most beautiful Turkish rug I’ve ever seen), but I think Wayfair is the best online store, period. This is a long review with lots of anecdotes, but I’m taking the time because I love Wayfair that much. In the last 12 months I’ve placed 18 or 20 orders, and ALL have been positive experiences (ordering, delivery time, the item itself). The selection and prices are fantastic! Of course many things are out of my price range, but I just wait till a sale, and they have a lot of those. And if I can’t order a $2000 couch I love, I like that Wayfair shows you similar items that you might not find easily on your own (because their inventory is immense). And don’t think of Wayfair as just a “home furnishings store.” All three of our best cat trees and best cat carrier came from Wayfair. Their pet selection is phenomenal! Actually, I think Wayfair has just about everything except for clothes.

If I’ve had a question (dozen or so times) or a problem (so rare!), when I emailed or called customer service, I got someone who was professional, helpful, and charming. Questions are answered quickly, and my one problem was fixed ASAP. I’m a bit mystified when I see some of the negative comments about customer service, because each person I’ve had an exchange with online, via email, or the phone has been super nice.

We just bought our first home, and Wayfair is where I’m going for all our furnishing & decorating needs. In the last few months I’ve gotten 3 incredible rugs, a velvet sofa, a cool framed artsy print, an upholstered platform bed, two dining room chairs, a chic serpentine wall ramp for our cats (looks more like art than a cat perch), and just yesterday I ordered a slew of curtains and a mattress. (They offer a 100 Night Trial, so I decided why not?) And believe me, their mattress prices are a 100 times better than the other trendy online mattress purveyors.

I got a 12” Queen with pillow-top, cooling tech, and memory foam for around $370. And if it’s not as comfy as we want & need, I know returning & exchanging it will be a breeze. Every purchase has met or exceeded my expectations in quality, appearance, price, and ease of ordering experience. Nine out of nine times just since March (and I bet 15 of 15 once curtains & mattress arrive). It doesn’t seem statistically possible, but it’s happened! Wayfair is a wonderful business.

BTW, I was invited to their Tried & True program about 5 months ago, so I’ve gotten more items than I’d normally purchase, but I guess I got the invite because I was a good customer. My review is positive because it’s a wonderful business. And if anything, being in the program means that I’ve had a lot more experience choosing from a rich inventory, dealing with shipping, assembling some furniture, etc. Last thing. I used to live in L.A. but now live in a very small university town (non-student population is 10,000). The nearest big shopping center is in Spokane, 70 miles away. Wayfair brings the limitless shopping opportunities of L.A. literally to my doorstep! Without Wayfair, all I’d have is, well, let’s call it S-Mart like in the fictional ‘Evil Dead’ movies. If you had a negative experience, give them another chance. And if you haven’t tried Wayfair yet, please do. I think you’ll be as happy with everything as I’ve been.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Okay so I was sooooo wary to purchase from Wayfair because of the terrible reviews online everywhere, but I decided to chance it because they had a coffee table I was in love with at a really good price. I winded up spending about $300 on a lifttop coffee table, a Keriug coffee pod holder, and a set of sheets. Boy, was I surprised. Everything shipped with 3 days, and delivered within a week. It was delivered right to my front door, all packaged nice and tight. First, the coffee pod holder, not hard to mess that up, so it was perfect and exactly as described. Second, the sheets. They fit perfectly and truly feel amazing, even my boyfriend (who doesn’t know a thing about thread counts) said he could feel a difference from our other lower-quality sheets.

My only issue with the sheets (and my only issue with my Wayfair purchase at all) was that the sheets did have a weird smell to them when I first opened the package. However, this was fixed with one wash (and everyone should be washing new sheets before they put them on their bed for the first time anyways). Smell is gone and I’m still happy.

Lastly, for my main purchase: the coffee table. I am in love!!!! It is perfect. Exactly as described. I am extremely pleased with the wood quality, especially at the price. It did take some time and dedication to put together, because there are a lot of steps and pieces, but the instructions were super easy to follow. I’ll wrap up this review to say, please give Wayfair a chance. I never write reviews, but I knew I had to give Wayfair the credit they deserved. I saw their 1-2 star rating everywhere and almost didn’t order anything, but I’m so glad I gave them a shot. I will definitely be buying from them again! Happy shopping everyone!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I'm submitting this review because I've read so many negative reviews and my first experience could not have gone better. I ordered a small recliner on or about August 2nd and was told it would be delivered on August 13 through UPS. It arrived around noon today... the 13th and was in good condition. The box was firm and well taped and when I opened it the chair itself was well protected by a cloth bag under which there was some styrofoam padding. The chair was very easy to remove from the box. I put the box on its side so I could pull the chair out rather than have to lift it. It was very easy to put together. I only had to slip the back into the slots of the bottom of the chair and it was ready to use. I did this by myself and I'm a 79-year-old woman who is 4' 11" and weigh 118 pounds. The chair itself is exactly as described and works well. It fits exactly as I had hoped into the small spot I have for it. The colour is almost exactly as it looked on the website.

Currently, it is a bit stiff, but I expect that is simply because it is brand new and will become somewhat easier through use. My only complaint is not with Wayfair, but with the UPS driver, who was very curt and not at all pleasant, but that is NOT the fault of Wayfair. As mentioned earlier this is my first experience with Wayfair, however, I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone looking to purchase furniture online. When shopping on this site they go into great detail about their products... Make sure you read and agree with all of those and you will not be disappointed. Colour me a happy customer.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have to write something to counter all the bad reviews of Wayfair, because my experiences with them have been excellent all the way. I bought a condo and needed many new items of all sizes and shapes. I ordered everything from Wayfair and can't say enough good things about the experience. Their customer service is superb, better than I could imagine. For instance, I ordered two upholstered side chairs in blue, changed my mind on the color after they arrived, and Wayfair sent someone the next day to pick them up at their expense and sent the new color within days, also at their expense. I've also ordered a coffee table, a lamp, towels, shower curtains, tray tables, curtains, a TV console/stand, and a chest of drawers.

One reviewer said not to order large items from Wayfair, but I've ordered two and had no problems. Others have said customer service is bad, but I find everyone I've been in contact with to be friendly, efficient, and willing to do whatever it takes to help me. I've returned and exchanged several items, and the system is smooth -- you just print out the label they send you and they either pick it up (in the case of large items) or you take it to FedEx.

The refund or store credits appear within HOURS of being at the FedEx store; it doesn't seem physically possible, but it's true. I'm sure if you live in a small town that's not true, but here in suburban Seattle it is. I get nothing but compliments on the items I have purchased. The selection is HUMONGOUS and the items I have purchased are of high quality. Don't be put off by the bad reviews; I'm not saying these bad experiences aren't true; I'm saying it's a truism that usually it's the disgruntled who write reviews. Wayfair is, in my book, the way to go.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Just wanted to add a counter review to all the negative reviews. Disclaimer: I have no association with Wayfair whatsoever, just a regular consumer who loves to shop online. This is just my two cents... take it or leave it. I have ordered a multitude of products from Wayfair, from furniture to garden/patio items to artwork to kitchen items, etc. you name it. And whenever I have had an issue with a missing a part or something dinged in shipping, I have received full refunds/replacement or significant discounts.

Customer service has always been friendly and responsive. I'm not saying that everyone who has posted something negative here hasn't had that experience, I'm sure the Reps at Wayfair are not all equally great at their jobs, but after years of working in hospitality, I know how unreasonable people's expectations can be. They go from zero to angry in an instant. Kindness and compassion goes a long way when asking someone to help you. When you are patient and nice, people tend to go out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. Because no one is bleeding out on a table here, this is consumerism i.e. first world problems.

Also many folks don't do their homework. Whenever I plan to drop a significant chunk of money on something, I do a little research online first to see competitor pricing and if there are other reviews on other sites. I also read all the reviews available on Wayfair as well. If I find a better deal at Amazon, for example, I shop there. If I'm unsure, I simply don't buy it. If the shipping time is too long for my liking, I don't buy it. I measure everything out carefully when sizing is an issue so I'm not "surprised" that something is smaller or bigger than I imagined from just looking at a photo.

If I have an issue, I contact customer service as quickly as possible. And I understand that I get what I pay for. Expecting a $200 fake leather chair to withstand the same wear and tear as a $1000 leather chair is unreasonable. Buying expensive cabinetry without checking around with other retailers is kind of irresponsible. And in the end, if you don't like it or something is wrong with it, Wayfair will address the issue to make you whole. That's what they have always done with me.

Services from any business is a partnership between the business owner and the customer. Yes, the business owner needs to do everything they can to give you the best experience/service possible. If they don't, they will go out of business. But the customer also has a responsibility to act like a reasonable adult, do their homework, and when you have a legitimate grievance, express it with constructive criticism in phone calls and emails, not anger and vitriol towards a customer service Rep, who is a human being, just trying to do their job. The customer is NOT always right when they are not expressing themselves clearly or behaving like a jerk.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: June 20, 2019

We ordered a bedroom set from Wayfair, a dresser with a mirror, a tall dresser, and two night stands. While the dresser and mirror arrived okay, the tall dresser was, with the exception of the top, cracked and split down the middle. We refused delivery. We scheduled re-delivery of a replacement but their terrible delivery service, BlueStreak, decided for whatever reason to reschedule it without talking to us first.

The clown show gets better. Wayfair decided to ship the nightstands, which are shipped in thin cardboard boxes with what looked like 1/16th inch foam sheeting protecting it. After two deliveries of boxes that were destroyed by the FedEx handlers, we gave up. Did I mention that we refused both FedEx deliveries yet Wayfair failed to mark the first one returned, instead marking it as delivered even though it was delivered back to them. They then made me wait almost two weeks for our credit. Still waiting to see how the second round goes.

My opinion of Wayfair is that they are not a furniture company, but are merely brokers. They don’t seem to care if your furniture arrives in one piece or not, they only seem to care about keeping your money once they get it. Their customer service is laughable at best. We will never order from Wayfair again. We love the one dresser we received but the nightmare they made us go through to get it just is not worth any possible money savings. If I could buy the furniture locally for $200 more, I would in a heartbeat. For

Original review: June 19, 2019

I bought a mattress on June 1. The delivery would be until June 14. But until now I did not receive. Worse, I called the carrier several times and they say that there is no date to deliver!! I changed the house and I need the mattress! Order #**. Serta Perfect Sleeper Kleinmon 13" Firm Mattress by Serta. Mattress Size: King.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The date Wayfair posted for arriving date is NOT the date the product arrives to the customer but the date it arrives at Wayfair deliver team and then it will takes at least 3 more days before the customer gets it. So don't book a plumber until you know when you get the product.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My first time ordering from Wayfair.ca. I ordered a breakfast nook table and chairs. Extremely happy, exactly as advertised. Delivery was right on schedule. Great service. I would for sure order from Wayfair.ca again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

So I love the idea of Wayfair. The selection is fantastic and the prices are so amazing especially if you're like me and just moved and have no furniture. Biggest issue I had was delivery. I specifically chose items and purchased them on Monday because they stated in checkout that they would get here by Thurs, thinking that that was when all the items would be delivered. But no, that just meant that the items would all get there by Thursday. Well I bought some big items: deck furniture, nightstands, small bathroom cabinets, pretty much stuff that you cannot just leave out on the porch. I also live in a gated community and haven't gotten my name on the entry system yet so I have to run to the front of the gate to let in everyone.

There was no space to give delivery instructions in the checkout so I have no idea how these guys are going to get in to make the delivery at this point. The items are going to come Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... not just on Thursday, meaning I am going to have to take time off work to figure this stuff out. They are also coming by ground shipping, so there is no set time when these items will get here. I had planned to take Thursday off so I could be around to get the items, but now that plan is shot.

Wayfair is more like Amazon of home goods and furniture: you are completely at their mercy when it comes to when your items will be delivered and unlike say, a furniture shop, have no way to know when your stuff is going to show up so you just have to take time off work to deal with it. It's a nice idea, but really you're dealing with furniture and big items that need a better delivery system. You should 100% be able to schedule the delivery of these items at checkout so you can expect them all at the same time and not be waiting around for 3 days.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Am very disappointed in the finish on this tv stand. Rough and very uneven. In some areas the finishing color is missing. Not big areas but enough that I can notice them. Also I wish the color charts were better. Got the dark oak which is really too dark. I probably would have liked the medium better. There probably is not much I can do about it.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We ordered and received a double computer desk the beginning of 2019. Unfortunately the desk came damaged and we requested a replacement top for the desk immediately. We have been promised the replacement parts would be sent on several occasions. After numerous calls etc we are still waiting for this issue to be resolved. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else that seems to value their customers. This has to be the worst company I’ve dealt with!

Original review: June 12, 2019

My husband and I recently purchased a dining room table from Wayfair. The customer service that I received from Wayfair has been the best customer service that I have received in a very, very long time. I mostly dealt with case manager Stacy ** and she was super fantastic to work with. Although it was a lengthy process to get a tabletop that was damaged (not a Wayfair problem but a manufacturer problem), she made the process run super smooth.

I cannot say enough about her quick response time and her ability to take action to resolve whatever the issue was when I called. She never tried to rush our conversations to get on to other work. I really enjoyed talking to her. I also talked to a few others along the way who were all super helpful as well. Email correspondence and follow up was always done in a very timely manner by Stacy ** and the whole Wayfair team. I would definitely recommend Wayfair to anybody who is looking for a quality product at a great price.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have had an absolutely horrible experience with this company. I called to confirm they knew they would be delivering on a military base and knew which checkpoint they would need to use to enter, and that they would need proper ID to pass a background check. I was told they were aware and prepared but they would make a note of it. However, delivery day comes and they don’t pass the background checks. They reschedule 5 days later and assure me that this will not happen again. Delivery day #2 comes and the exact same thing happens again. I was told I would receive a call letting me know whether my furniture could be delivered the same day or not, but I never received a phone call. They did refund 5% of my order but I still have not received the furniture I bought and who knows if I actually will. I would not recommend this company to anyone and I will never be ordering from Wayfair again.

Original review: June 10, 2019

So I ordered a TV stand from Wayfair and bought the MyWay membership as well. And to be clear you need to buy the MyWay membership before you place an order. Also, as the advertisement goes, it promises you 1 day shipping, room of choice delivery etc (but the fine print is only on selected items) and you won't know until you are logged on once your MyWay membership is activated. When I selected the TV stand I did not get (a) 1-day delivery option (b) Delivery to Room of choice since it is serviced by Fedex and (c) They wouldn't cancel the membership because it's non-refundable although it's hardly been a couple days. And the best part was the customer support lady (Abigail) who was totally rude and also repeatedly kept saying that I had placed other orders on Wayfair when this was my first order. Never ever buying anything from them again, especially when you compare this to Amazon customer service it's clearly like day and night.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When the bed frames (2) were first purchased and arrived Me and my daughter's first night sleeping on the beds noticed that we woke up with many bites. Next morning. My first reaction were bed bugs, so We checked mattresses and found nothing on the mattresses, so I figured that maybe they were mosquitoes since I slept with my windows open. Didn't think to check the actual mattresses until I had went to the doctors because I was informed to check the frames since the bites we had were bed bug bites. So I decided to check the frames and there was an infestation of bed bugs on both frames inside the back covering where the velcro part covers.

It was the worst thing I've ever saw and the first time I have EVER IN MY LIFE dealt with. So my initial reaction were to get rid of the bed frames because of how many bed bugs were there. I'm not sure if it was the type of bed that was easier access due to layout that bed bugs found home in but when we got them the first night was horrible waking up with massive bites, so they came with the batch of bed bugs already. I will never again purchase a single item from WAYFAIR.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I ordered two king bedskirts for my bed hoping that one of them would work. One turned out great. The other bedskirt was expensive for the quality of it. I wanted to return it. I can return it, but have to pay for the shipping back. The bedskirt was $30.99, and the shipping price back is around $8.95. What a joke! Most online companies offer free shipping back if you don't like the product. They advertise on TV commercials that there is free shipping. Yes there is free shipping, but only if you like it and don't return it. I would never buy things from Wayfair again. It is too expensive to ship back things!!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been a Wayfair customer for four years, brought many products over the years. Whenever I had a problem with a product I would call Wayfair and they would take care of the problem. I will give Ashley ** many kudos. She was above and beyond customer service. Thank you to all the great people that work at Wayfair.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Purchased from Wayfair based on their (expensive, but I hoped worthwhile) assembly option. Furniture arrived several weeks after shipping/delivery date (as with other reviews). Furniture was dropped off and NOT assembled. The excuses are “takes too long for our delivery agent to assemble” and “our delivery people do not have liability insurance for assembly”. Really?? Wayfair knew these products and parameters before delivery. Wayfair misrepresented their products and services.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Three complaints about Wayfair so far.

1) Once you visit their website they will suffocate you with ads on every website you visit for the next month. I bought a desk over a month ago, but every other site I go to is still advertising that desk at me.

2) They clearly exaggerate their regular prices in order to lie about sales. If you sort their sales by greatest discount you see lamps 90% off of their regular price of over $3000. Who the hell believes their lamps are regularly over $3000? Therefore you can't trust any of their "sales". Pretty sure that is false advertising and illegal.

3) I ordered a stand-up desk over a month ago. It arrived with a defective leg. I still don't have a stand-up desk, or an apology, or any other kind of remuneration for the inconvenience. The new leg was supposed to arrive 10 days ago.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased rug and the color was totally different. They did not let me write the review about it so for the other client to know what to expect. My review was deleted 2 times. They only keep the good reviews. Shame.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I ordered a large standing floor mirror and it arrived broken. It was very large and heavy & when I asked Wayfair to have FedEx pick it back up they said FedEx won't pick up broken glass (even though they delivered it to me broken). Wayfair tried to tell me to deal with disposing of it on my own (at my own expense). I called again and pushed back and the next person I talked to said that they would have another service (other than FedEx - NSD) call me for pick up. Hurray! Except the next day a third Wayfair agent contacted me and told me that that person was mistaken and I had to dispose of it myself. I pushed back again and she finally told me that another service can come pick it up (the same one the second guy tried to set me up with before she interfered).

Because of their prolonged efforts to dump the disposal on me I had that huge broken mirror on the floor of my small living room for a month. When the very nice driver of NSD picked it up (btw I had to leave work to come home to sign for them to take it) he said they should have just contacted NSD right away in the first place b/c FedEx hires them to collect items that FedEx has delivered that are broken. Wayfair knew this the entire time but they obviously try to save money by dumping that task onto buyers whenever they can get away with it. I won't purchase anything from this company again after experiencing how they act in bad faith toward their customers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This is the first time to write feedback for the company. This morning (06/03/19) I had an issue with the mattress and I wanted to return it, I called Wayfair customer service Jennifer helped me a lot and she spoke clearly, she clarified everything easily and she fixed my problem. I'd like to say thank you for Jennifer ** and Wayfair.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We accidentally entered partial information for the business account and there's no way to stop the customer service from calling us every single day. Crazy people! We didn't buy anything from the business account and what we bought was at original price. We told the customer service that if they kept calling us every day we would cancel every order with Wayfair, but they are still calling us now. These people really don't make any sense in doing their business. They won't respect customers' review at all.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I ordered multiple items that stated they would arrive within a couple of days and most items took weeks. Also one item arrived nothing like the item I ordered and they wouldn't collect it. The biggest item I ordered took a month to arrive despite website stating couple of days. A real hassle from start to finish and I would never use this company again. This is my first ever online negative review but I felt others should know.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was supposed to receive this order on May 24th. I called customer service 2 times. One when it did not come one the 24th and then the following week when there was still no updated information. The item is now on sale showing that it will be delivered by June 24th. I still do not have any updated information on my item.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Prior to checking out your order, Wayfair tells the customer that they "will receive the product by X date". It isnt until you submit your order and pay that they then say that X is only an "estimated shipping date". I purchased a $500 fire pit that said delivery would be May 31. Then it changed to June 3rd. Problem - I needed the fire pit for a party on June 1. So I had to go purchase another one.

Wayfair refused to admit their error, and refused to accept a return. They only gave me a 20% refund. So now I have 2 fire pits and spent over $1,000! To prove my point again to wayfair, I placed another (small) order and sent them screenshots to prove that they are saying X shipping date then changing it to Y. I'm never shopping there again. I do not have this problem with Amazon and will stay with them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Wayfair’s customer service is second to none. They did everything possible to make my purchase satisfying. I will always feel confident shopping with Wayfair. In my opinion they are the best. If you want great customer service shop at Wayfair.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Bought 6 lounge chairs for outdoors and they have rusted after two seasons. I even stored them indoors during the winter. One chair in particular just broke in half and collapsed. Wayfair was unreachable by chat, email or phone to resolve this problem. I would not recommend Wayfair to anyone at this point. Cheap products, poor customer service and no warranty.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I ordered a window sill planter May 24. Last info I got from Wayfair is the delivery date is June 17. I probably took regular shipping but still that is a long time for delivery. Looks like they need to increase staff??

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs