2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.34/5
Based on 1,808 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Wayfair Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We live in an area where B and Q are now the main DIY store as both Homebase stores had shut and we didn't want to undertake a journey just for a brass external knob elsewhere. We do like to support the high street and UK retail but sometimes the stores that are left charge either too much say Hinges and Bracket's in Canterbury or don't stock the product B and Q.

In view of this I googled the necessary product and found a Octagonal Centre Door Knob (Brass Heritage) for £23.40. It's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive or ott and is good quality. The website was easy to use and to place an order. I received a confirmation email straight away stating the order would come Thursday 9th Jan and in fact it's come today the 8th.

The only thing I am not best pleased about and this is not down to Wayfair is the item was well packaged and was thrown over the gate by DHL who delivered. There is no damage but if it was a plasma TV it would have been broken. I would hope that Wayfair would use a different courier in future but the service was excellent. I would use them again but really for furniture I do prefer to see it in the shop and actually order instore but for some things I will order online when it's not possible. Thank You Wayfair.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Wayfair has a great selection of furniture and decor with great and affordable prices. Their shipping of 1-2 days is excellent for customers even though one of the carriers is awful. The customer service department has a team that is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, always listening to the customer’s needs and finding the right solutions immediately. I had a situation with a sectional that, supposedly, one of the carriers delivered but I never got it. Wayfair contacted the carrier to verify what happened and they said that the driver left it on the first floor of my building, but he never called to notify me about. The customer service representative immediately processed a replacement of the furniture and I got it in 2 days.

Also, I ordered a coat rack in the same order of the sectional but never got it since the carrier, the same one that delivered the sectional, never brought me the coat rack with lots of nonsense excuses and when I called Wayfair asking the refund, a week after the date it was supposed to be delivered, the representative immediately processed it, apologized about it and also tried to advise me on keeping buying with them despite the 2 bad experiences I had with the carrier. Definitely, they have a wonderful customer service team and the sectional I got is wonderful, very comfortable, great quality, elegant and contemporary.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Well I had not bought one thing online in my life and heard about Wayfair. I was moving for the first time in 24 years and decided out with the old and in with the new. I refurnished every room in the house via wayfair over a period of 4-5 months. Oh yes there were some bumps in the road with damages and either waiting for full replacements or repair parts, this is where the bumps came in. The customer service reps were first class in making things right and always told me donate the current item I had rather than me pay for return shipping etc.which was always gratefully received I might add.

Of course there's always a rotten tomatoes in the bunch and I just somehow managed to receive them all lol. This is where I lost patience a few times. I live in British Columbia and would have to really wait for certain things to be delivered. In the meantime I was doing without things in the home. Partially my fault I guess for donating right away. I could have waited for replacement(s) first and do suggest this to everyone as sometimes it's just an unfortunate series of events.

Some of the items like my bed coffee tables and bbq had to be replaced 3 times! Well the time waiting for original the time spent on phone the time spent emailing and oh my Lord the times having to repeat yourself and waiting again for re re delivers trailed up March to July. So if you don't mind waiting I'm assuming based on your location it is still worth it for the most part. I've received nothing but compliments on all my furniture, decorations, bedding, lighting, etc and I tell them everything is from wayfair. The amount of selections is staggering. If you don't mind sitting with a coffee in the comfort of your own home browsing you've got it made in the shade! As I said even if you had a million issues with delivered products they will make it right without you having to turn assertive. Extremely polite and helpful but the waiting oi.

Original review: May 21, 2019

I chose just one fantastic item I’ve gotten recently (it’s the most beautiful Turkish rug I’ve ever seen), but I think Wayfair is the best online store, period. This is a long review with lots of anecdotes, but I’m taking the time because I love Wayfair that much. In the last 12 months I’ve placed 18 or 20 orders, and ALL have been positive experiences (ordering, delivery time, the item itself). The selection and prices are fantastic! Of course many things are out of my price range, but I just wait till a sale, and they have a lot of those. And if I can’t order a $2000 couch I love, I like that Wayfair shows you similar items that you might not find easily on your own (because their inventory is immense). And don’t think of Wayfair as just a “home furnishings store.” All three of our best cat trees and best cat carrier came from Wayfair. Their pet selection is phenomenal! Actually, I think Wayfair has just about everything except for clothes.

If I’ve had a question (dozen or so times) or a problem (so rare!), when I emailed or called customer service, I got someone who was professional, helpful, and charming. Questions are answered quickly, and my one problem was fixed ASAP. I’m a bit mystified when I see some of the negative comments about customer service, because each person I’ve had an exchange with online, via email, or the phone has been super nice.

We just bought our first home, and Wayfair is where I’m going for all our furnishing & decorating needs. In the last few months I’ve gotten 3 incredible rugs, a velvet sofa, a cool framed artsy print, an upholstered platform bed, two dining room chairs, a chic serpentine wall ramp for our cats (looks more like art than a cat perch), and just yesterday I ordered a slew of curtains and a mattress. (They offer a 100 Night Trial, so I decided why not?) And believe me, their mattress prices are a 100 times better than the other trendy online mattress purveyors.

I got a 12” Queen with pillow-top, cooling tech, and memory foam for around $370. And if it’s not as comfy as we want & need, I know returning & exchanging it will be a breeze. Every purchase has met or exceeded my expectations in quality, appearance, price, and ease of ordering experience. Nine out of nine times just since March (and I bet 15 of 15 once curtains & mattress arrive). It doesn’t seem statistically possible, but it’s happened! Wayfair is a wonderful business.

BTW, I was invited to their Tried & True program about 5 months ago, so I’ve gotten more items than I’d normally purchase, but I guess I got the invite because I was a good customer. My review is positive because it’s a wonderful business. And if anything, being in the program means that I’ve had a lot more experience choosing from a rich inventory, dealing with shipping, assembling some furniture, etc. Last thing. I used to live in L.A. but now live in a very small university town (non-student population is 10,000). The nearest big shopping center is in Spokane, 70 miles away. Wayfair brings the limitless shopping opportunities of L.A. literally to my doorstep! Without Wayfair, all I’d have is, well, let’s call it S-Mart like in the fictional ‘Evil Dead’ movies. If you had a negative experience, give them another chance. And if you haven’t tried Wayfair yet, please do. I think you’ll be as happy with everything as I’ve been.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Okay so I was sooooo wary to purchase from Wayfair because of the terrible reviews online everywhere, but I decided to chance it because they had a coffee table I was in love with at a really good price. I winded up spending about $300 on a lifttop coffee table, a Keriug coffee pod holder, and a set of sheets. Boy, was I surprised. Everything shipped with 3 days, and delivered within a week. It was delivered right to my front door, all packaged nice and tight. First, the coffee pod holder, not hard to mess that up, so it was perfect and exactly as described. Second, the sheets. They fit perfectly and truly feel amazing, even my boyfriend (who doesn’t know a thing about thread counts) said he could feel a difference from our other lower-quality sheets.

My only issue with the sheets (and my only issue with my Wayfair purchase at all) was that the sheets did have a weird smell to them when I first opened the package. However, this was fixed with one wash (and everyone should be washing new sheets before they put them on their bed for the first time anyways). Smell is gone and I’m still happy.

Lastly, for my main purchase: the coffee table. I am in love!!!! It is perfect. Exactly as described. I am extremely pleased with the wood quality, especially at the price. It did take some time and dedication to put together, because there are a lot of steps and pieces, but the instructions were super easy to follow. I’ll wrap up this review to say, please give Wayfair a chance. I never write reviews, but I knew I had to give Wayfair the credit they deserved. I saw their 1-2 star rating everywhere and almost didn’t order anything, but I’m so glad I gave them a shot. I will definitely be buying from them again! Happy shopping everyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I ordered a rug and they canceled my order because they listed the wrong price. I already started purchasing items to match the rug. All they sent was a sorry email and a 15% off coupon with terrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

We purchased a chair and a half, and it arrived damaged. We waited approximately 4 - 5 weeks for a new one to be made and delivered. The day before, I confirmed someone would be home for the delivery. I was at work, with limited access to my phone. Keep in mind, now my husband has taken two unpaid days off of work to have a chair delivered. We have 7 dogs, snow on the ground, and left the back door open. Apparently the delivery team said they knocked and no one was home. The dogs did not bark, my husband was working by the back door and there were no tracks in the snow to the front door. Hmmm, where did the delivery team make an attempt to get to the house?

And, when my husband called to see about the delivery and talked to Paul, Paul told my husband to call back later as the system was updating. Poor customer service there. I called and talked to Melissa and she rescheduled the delivery for a Saturday. Ultimately resolved, but not to our availability. I hope this chair is absolutely amazing as the delivery team, Paul and the wait time has been educational. Place an order with Wayfair again? Sadly not in the near future for this first time purchaser.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have purchased several items from Wayfair but have had bad experiences with their delivery services. Furniture arriving broken/damaged. This has happened twice. I will say that Wayfair did replace the damaged furniture but it was very disappointing. I recently bought a wool rug which has shed consistently.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I ordered two couches from Wayfair. The delivery was awesome - 2 days as promised. When I opened the boxes the color was a greener blue than I had expected and didn't match my chairs. I found their number easily on the website, called, no problem, no fuss, they sent me a lable, credited my card, sent FedEx to pick them up... It was awesome! Thanks y'all!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Currently, I am still waiting on their shipment of two chairs. I received an email and then a text stating that I would get shipment on Wednesday, the 12th. Then, later a text stating I would receive shipment on the 11th. Later, I was notified that I would be receiving shipment on the 12th again. By end of day on the 12th, I received notice I would receive on the 13th. Today is that day and now notice of shipment to be delivered on the 14th. Called customer service and am no better off, just more ticked off with their unprofessionalism. They just want to hand this off to FedEx and me. Have no idea if and when package will be delivered and they tell me it's too late to cancel the order. Beware!

Not sure about Wayfair?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Furniture Stores for you.

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team