3.93/5
  • 1 star
Based on 2,098 ratings submitted in the last year
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

Find out more Find out more
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

3966 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I ordered a simple hot tub/spa from Wayfair. Never thought... I ... Could have an Actual Spa. But they had this Sale... And it looked sweet and affordable! The spa arrived and after 2 months it started leaking water all over the place. We live in the middle of nowhere. There are no "Spa Fixers " here! And those LADIES at Wayfair... Did not question me... I got sent out a new spa! This one arrived with a cracked control panel (Not Wayfair's fault). Once again... No Questions asked! New control panel sent! All Is Very Well!! I Would highly recommend this company to anyone!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

I was looking forward to having a beautiful table in our dining room to have Thanksgiving dinner, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. We scheduled our delivery date on Oct 31 with Wayfair's third party moving company for November 15th. A representative from the moving company contacted me on November 14th with the window time of the delivery of our table which was 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., she stated they would give us a 30 minute courtesy call to let us know that they were on their way.

I kept my phone on me, expecting a call that never came in as well did my husband. My husband and I contacted them multiple times on the 15th (while we were working). No answer, we weren't even able to leave a voicemail. We are extremely frustrated. Between my husband and I, we tried contacting the moving company about 20 times altogether and nothing. To add salt on the wound we get a call from a Wayfair representative stating she was able to contact the moving company with no problem and that the moving would be happy to reschedule the delivery with us. Please do tell me how we can reschedule a delivery time if we aren’t able to get into contact with the moving company nor do they try to initiate contact with us.

I also tried contacting the Wayfair representative via phone, but she conveniently does not have a voicemail box set up. It just seems like we are in a non-stop circle that is never going to end. A representative from the moving contacted my husband yesterday morning and stated the next delivery date would be the 29th. Absolutely unacceptable. We purchased the table on the 24th of October. Our delivery date was supposed to be the 15th of November. We were supposed to have family come over for Thanksgiving. We are highly disappointed. The moving company stated they were at our property, but didn't bother to call, didn't bother to get out of their truck and ring the doorbell (my husband was home).

My husband and I decided to cancel our order and get a full refund on our table purchase so we can do business elsewhere. Regardless, this doesn't change the fact that we will not have a table for Thanksgiving. We received another call from Wayfair today, stating you would be happy to refund our money and give us a coupon for our next purchase to 'soften the blow'. I am sorry, but I don't think a 10% off our next purchase softens any blow. I think it is absolutely insulting.

I love the products you carry, but my husband and I will no longer be doing business with your company again. You do not have reliable service from your 3rd party moving company who has inconvenienced multiple individuals, just read their reviews. I think Wayfair needs to contract with a reliable delivery company that is trustworthy and timely. I wouldn't want anyone else's holidays to be ruined with an experience similar to ours. Regardless, my family and I won’t have a dining room table for Thanksgiving.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Ordered a $1300 table only to find out it wasn't real wood but painted fiberglass material over plywood. When returned for the first time because the table had split in 4 places I noticed the glue was blue holding it to the plywood, I called them out on it but they denied it and said they would have to talk to a manager. They assured me the next table would be solid wood so I asked if they could leave it raw and I would stain it myself...again the manager card. They said they had special painters that finished the table and that they couldn't ship it like that. I asked if they could leave it raw if I signed a waiver stating no warranty and I paid the shipping again on the replacement and still NO. I now have a worthless fiberglass painted table in my formal dining room that looks like trash. You guys are a joke.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Ordered a bar stool today via PayPal and Wayfair ignored the PayPal address and shipped elsewhere even though I immediately advised them of their error upon confirmation of my order. They declined to get back to me within 24 hours and released the shipment.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Wayfair delivery has continued to not show, not call. As of this review I am on the third delivery attempt, the last two were total no shows and no call. As of this third attempt they are now an hour over the 4 hour window and even with two calls to customer support they still haven't given me a accurate time frame and the driver has not provided a 30 minute notice call. I would recommend using any other furniture supplier over this one if you are using the delivery service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am in the process of receiving one of two of my items from Wayfair. A metal box spring and a mattress. The delivery by FedEx has been a nightmare. As we were coming down to get item the delivery man left after being told we were on our way. He literally waited 2 minutes before leaving. FedEx went to the wrong address. FedEx does not call personal numbers so you are never informed the delivery is on its way. Then won’t wait for you to come get item. So how can items be picked up???? Wayfair asks you for special delivery requests but FedEx doesn’t use them and the customer doesn’t know this. The FedEx delivery comes without notice and doesn’t make attempts to contact you so he leaves. The FedEx customer service is worse and can’t give a customer a time frame of when the delivery will come. We were told from 7am to anytime!!! This is the worst service ever. Don’t buy here. It’s not worth the trouble.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

This review is for customer service and delivery only. I ordered a king size mattress in hopes of it being delivered in less than two weeks. After ordering and seeing the estimated delivery date of thirty days I was sick. I then read delivery and customer service horror stories on this site and became even more sick. At nearly one week my order had not been processed so I sent CS an email to see if there was a problem. I was told that they do not complete processing until shipping and it was scheduled for shipping 11/21/17 (I placed the order 11/3/17). The next day (Friday) I received a call from the shipping company, Bear Logistics, stating my mattress would be delivered on 11/13/17 (Monday). I received a call 30 minutes before they arrived. They were professional and polite. I received my mattress within 7 business days of ordering. I am very pleased with my experience!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I've never ordered something from Wayfair and had it arrive without any issues. Recently I ordered a loveseat. After waiting over a month for my order I finally cancelled it today because it wasn't going to arrive for at least two more months due to a warehouse error. Customer service was slow to respond, probably strung out due to abundant disorganization within their company and lots of unhappy customers. I was going to exchange with hopes the 20% off they had offered me due to the delay would carry over, but when my Case Manager said no exchanges, I paid an extra $100 to buy the same exact loveseat from Amazon. How frustrating that they held my money and the progress of my move for over a month and hardly even apologized. I'll never let anyone I love buy furniture from Wayfair.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

ALL the hardware needed to assemble the Platform Bed I ordered and paid for was missing when the box it came in was delivered and received. In addition, one of the boards (slat) was broken in two. I am 81 years old and my old bed has been taken apart and picked up by the trash men - and I now have to sleep on the floor until ALL the hardware parts can be shipped to me by Air Express so this bed can be assembled and I can use it!!! We even went to our Lowe's Store - a building & hardware store but were told these parts were "specialized" items and are Not carried by them or any other building supply businesses in our area. PLEASE PAY IMMEDIATE ATTENTION AND GET ALL THE MISSING HARDWARE SENT TO ME ASAP as this negligence on Wayfair's part is totally unacceptable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I ordered a duvet set from Wayfair. The quality is that of Fingerhut. Extremely thin cotton fiber see-through. I could have made this myself for $10. It's not worth me paying the shipping to return it! I ordered curtains from Designer Living for the same price. They are fabulous! I should have ordered my duvet set from designer living! NEVER AGAIN! It came with cheap pillow cases and the comforter and a cheaply-made tiny pillow. It was disgusting!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Wayfair notified me regularly as the shipment approached. Everything needed was in the box. The instructions were clear although you have to be careful you don't put something in upside down. The overall impression is decent, not high-end, but then I paid $250 for it, not $500. The material is pressed wood, not real wood, but the overall impact is quite decent.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered 4 bath towels from Wayfair. The company sent me 4 bathmats instead. I contacted them, and they immediately sent me a replacement package. I didn't open the package right away -- unfortunately I assumed that the company had sent the correct items. Surely they would double check them this time. I opened the package last night to discover 4 bathmats AGAIN. I contacted the company, and they informed me that the return period had expired. And their warehouse showed that they had sent me bath towels. The "customer service" rep told me there was nothing they could do at this point. To recap, I paid $144 for four bath towels and never received them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I ordered a dining room table and chairs. Delivered wrong table and left on my front porch. They needed to pick it up so they said they would assemble the right one when they picked up the wrong furniture. New table was damaged so they took it back. When they tried to re-deliver the driver refused to assemble the table and said they would only leave on the front porch. I was out of town. I told them to take it back to the warehouse and cancel the order. they tried to deliver it again and I told them I had cancelled the order because of their service. They were supposed to credit my Wayfair card for the entire amount. They left a $56.66 balance on my card and yesterday I received a collection call for $80.00 for nonpayment. This company is horrible and I do not recommend to anyone. No phone calls or emails returned and when you call you just get a recording.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

On 10/25 I placed an order for a daybed for my daughter to sleep on in our new home. Wayfair said it was 2 day delivery and was to be delivered on Friday 10/27. Our move in day was 10/28. It is now 10/31 (Halloween!) and it is supposedly out for delivery by FedEx. My child has slept on a mattress on the floor for the last 3 nights. Her old bed will not fit in her bedroom at the new home (loft bed we have 7 ft. ceilings). Wayfair needs to take a lesson in "don't make a promise you cannot keep". I would've ordered it sooner, but her room had to be painted first, and I needed to make a change of address with the post office. Had I known it was to be delivered by FedEx I'm not even sure I would've ordered it. I work in inventory management, and our FedEx deliveries ALWAYS come in damaged. It also rained heavy for the last two days, I certainly hope it is not damaged or wet when I get home tonight (if it actually gets delivered).

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Boy oh boy I wish I read these reviews prior to ordering from Wayfair. I have never encountered such a shady company whose employees flat out lie to customers. I ordered a bench online and it indicated a shipping date and expected delivery date. Both dates had passed so I called the company and finally got a live person after waiting on hold for nearly half an hour. This person could provide zero help and claimed that the item had likely shipped. I received a call from someone a few hours later who claimed “FedEx forgot to pick up the item.” She assured me the item would be shipped the very next day from the warehouse in Toronto.

Two days pass and still nothing. I call back after 5 days and am told it has shipped however they could not provide me with a tracking number. A few days go by and still no tracking nor a bench. So after such a poor experience I decide I no longer want to deal with this garbage company. After attempting to cancel I received a tracking number very quickly and am told I can’t cancel.

After receiving no bench I call FedEx and they have no record of picking up the item. After spending another great deal of time on hold with Wayfair, I am told it has shipped and I will receive the bench that day but I call them out in their bluff. I get an email from them a few hours later saying the bench had never shipped but would receive a refund minus the shipping costs!!! Like what drugs are these people on? And then I got an email from another rep saying the bench was returned to them by Fedex. Lol! Meanwhile it had never left the warehouse! This company is as bad as it gets and do yourself a favour and avoid. They couldn’t even get a bench to me that was apparently in their warehouse in my own city. This company employs liars and are crooks with zero ethics. What a joke.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

During the summer, I put in a new kitchen and was on a very tight schedule. I needed to put the floor tiles in before the rest of the kitchen items. I ordered about 450 square feet of floor tiles on Wayfair.com. Two weeks later, my tiles were delivered, but almost half of the tiles were missing. Wayfair wasted about a week "looking" for the missing tiles. They blamed it on the delivery service. They finally agreed to reorder the tiles and resend them. At this point, the kitchen cabinets and appliances were already delivered to my house. My contractor was very angry with me, because he had to store all these items somewhere else in my house until the kitchen floor was in. These items were stored in my newly finished dining room floor. It got scratched as a result.

So Wayfair reordered the tiles for me. They estimated the latest date for delivery would be on or before August 9. Well August 9 came with no tiles delivered. They kept changing the estimated date on the website. Finally on August 15, I called Wayfair. They told me that the tiles were lost!!! Again!!! Wayfair agreed to refund me my money for the missing tile boxes only. This was unfair because I was now stuck with 13 boxes of tiles and I was definitely NOT reordering from Wayfair! I spent many hours finding another store that carried my tiles. In the end, I had to order the missing tiles for a more expensive price from a different store. I also paid a 75$ shipping charge. Also, my kitchen was extremely delayed. I had to move in an unfinished house. My kitchen was not ready and I had to live for 2 weeks with small children without a kitchen! Awful experience! Their delivery service is pathetic!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

LOL, what do I think...? One Star is too much! STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM WAYFAIR!!! TRUST ME!!! The purchases we made and the Customer Experience we had was a NIGHTMARE! We, yes, we had to explain numerous times in simple English what the problem was and what we needed. We received the products, surprisingly, for the experience we had. But they were damaged and wrong parts were resent out and missing parts were not sent that were flat out required and by all means listed in the listing with pictures, to even get the products to Work. So we will NEVER be buying from Wayfair again, Ever. All we talk to will hear of this experience as well. Totally pathetic.

It took 2 months and multiple calls and emails to get things figured out that a 3rd grader could figure out on our first call about it. I ended up talking to 5 total reps, yes all different reps and had to explain each time the situation. Totally Ridiculous! Terrible Customer Experience. Guess what, why do you think Amazon is King Now??? Yep, you guessed it, Customer Experience. They are not the cheapest vendor out there but, everyone keeps going back to them!!! Due to their experience!!! Get a Clue Wayfair!!! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM EVER! HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I became a different person, which I don't like, after dealing with these guys.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

On September 28, 2017 I ordered a bed for my granddaughter's birthday from Wayfair.com. They took the payment from our card on that same day. Three weeks later, as it had not as yet been delivered, I contacted Wayfair through the email option on their website. As a result of that contact, the bed was delivered on October 23, 2017, nearly a month later. On October 26, 2017 Wayfair took payment for the bed again, thus double dipping into my husband's VA pension. I contacted Wayfair immediately and they did not respond in a timely fashion. So I contacted our financial institution who immediately replaced the funds and from the second transaction. Today, I got a lame email from Wayfair stating they were reviewing the transaction and may return the funds from the September withdrawal.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Wayfair's ads tout free shipping. Other online furniture sellers also have free shipping. The problem with Wayfair is there is nothing I have ever priced at Wayfair and a competitor offering free shipping, where Wayfair's price was even close to being competitive. This retailer obviously hopes the consumer is stupid enough to not compare prices.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

I purchased a couch for $500. Now, after one year, I already paid more than $1000. They will charge charges you never know what they are. Simple, they are thieves. I am waiting that day to close my card, which seems will never happen.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017
The Customer Service Staff was really rude to me. The woman talked to me like I as a thief, in fact, she told me the reason my bookcase was not delivered was my fault. I got into a shouting match with the woman and finally I asked to speak to her supervisor. Her supervisor whose name is Annette got on the phone and apologized. She said she would make sure my bookcase would be delivered. On October 25th I waited all day. Finally I called Wayfair and they hung up on me.

This was terrible. I then called and closed my account. Don't purchase anything from Wayfair. They don't know how to treat their customers.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Placed an order from this company for some home furnishings using my debit card. (Over a hundred dollars) A week later, when looking at my bank account, I see a double charge on my bank statement from Wayfair. Obviously that warrants a call to customer service so I'm now out money that technically was not authorized to be taken from my bank account. This is where everything went downhill.

First, I sat on hold for almost an hour before someone from customer service picks up the call. Then I'm trying to explain to the lady there were double charges on my bank statement. She proceeds to tell me Wayfair is well aware of people being double charged (I guess it's happening to more people than just me) and she needs my understanding regarding the problem. Ummm no, Wayfair needs to understand they took money out of my bank account without authorization.

As soon as my mortgage check clears, my account will then be in the negative. Wayfair doesn't have to explain things to the mortgage company, I do. When I shouldn't have to be doing this in the first place!!!! The problem Wayfair is having with the credit card processing company is not my problem, yet soon I will have a negative balance in my account. Wayfair states they can refund me, but it's going to be a check that will be sent to me in the mail... Are you kidding me?!? So my account has to sit with a negative balance for 7-10 business days (while sill accumulating negative balance fees) while I wait for a check in the mail. All for Wayfair's mistake. Learned the hard way when it comes to this particular company.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

My order was delayed twice. When I finally got it, there was no directions and no hardware. It took the hardware over a week to get to me. I was emailed the directions. I lay the parts out only to discover parts are missing. I don't have any of the panels. When I tried to call the company yet again the wait time was ridiculous. I will never order from them again!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I made a purchase online on yesterday. I entered my card information and submitted the payment. An error message came up and said to submit payment. Wayfair debited my account twice in the amount of $194.27. I called them to bring it to their attention. I was on hold for 22 minutes before speaking with a live person who could not help. I was then transferred to a supervisor (Elisha) who assured me that she would look into and get back to me. I had to call her but she did call me back only to say that it's going to be a few days and that I may need to check with my bank because I may still be charged twice. My bank tells me that there is nothing that they can do. I am annoyed and disgruntled. I should not have to wait for days to have the second withdrawal credited to my account. FYI - Be careful when ordering from Wayfair. I am DONE.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

We are a one income household in which payday is ONCE a month. Since opening our Wayfair account, we have been hit with late fees consecutively. I called today to request a due date alteration only to be denied. Guess what? We will NEVER purchase ANYTHING ELSE from Wayfair. Excessively poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Ordered a Warrington chair at Wayfair in dark grey with ottoman. Got light grey instead. Kept it because it was needed for this weekend. Took over 3 hours to put together due to very vague and incomprehensible instructions. Then had to disassemble part to deal with bloodstains from a cut finger while putting it together. Spent over 4 hundred dollars including tax and will never shop at Wayfair again. DO NOT SHOP FROM THEM!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I purchased an outdoor bear statute a few months ago through a website (walmart.com) which listed the 3rd party seller as Wayfair. It arrived on time however the paint that was used on the statue is the worst - it has peeled off all over the statue. I've contacted Wayfair 5 times asking to exchange it or provide a refund with absolutely no response. The worst customer service.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Terrible, ridiculous and inexcusably bad! We ordered a sectional sofa on July 1, 2017. We paid in full. We received a "thank you" e-mail confirming July 28 as the estimated ship date and delivery on or before August 18. On July 20 we received an e-mail advising: "Great news! Your shipment...is on its way!" When the piece had not arrived by the indicated date of August 18 we called and inquired. A customer service representative could not explain what the delay in delivery was but told us that she would reach out to the delivery team to find out what the delay in delivery was and would call us in a few days. We received no return call and, after weeks had passed, we called again on September 14. This time we spoke with a different customer service rep who transferred us to Brandon **, a specialized support team representative. He informed us that the sectional sofa had been lost! (How do you "lose" a large sectional sofa???)

In that same phone call on September 14, Brandon re-ordered the sectional sofa for us. After much convincing he finally agreed to remunerate us for our troubles and offered a $150.00 reduction in the cost of the new sofa which he stated would be credited back to the credit card that we used to purchase the sofa. He confirmed this in an email on September 14. (We never received the credit on our credit card.) Brandon sent us another email on September 14 with the order for the new sofa; that email stated that the estimated ship date was October 12 with a delivery date of November 1. In the first days of October when we realized that the $150.00 which Brandon had told us would be credited to our credit card had not been taken care of we called Brandon and left a voicemail message for him. When we did not hear back, we called again and left a voicemail message.

In the second message to him we insisted that he return our call in order to resolve this issue. We never got a call from Brandon, but on October 12, we received an email from Brandon that the replacement sectional had been canceled as the item we bought in July had been "discontinued"! He claimed a full refund had been issued back to our credit card on September 14 (which when we looked on October 12 had been done).

September 14 was the same day Brandon re-ordered the replacement sofa! How does a company cancel an order and issue a full refund on the very same day it tells you the item has been re-ordered and gives you estimated ship and delivery dates??? And how does a company do so without advising you, either by phone or e-mail, that it is doing it??? This entire process was the biggest customer service nightmare we have ever experienced and is unacceptable. We have had no contact from Wayfair/Birch Lane in the interim and are totally disgusted with their handling of this entire matter.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am from Kelowna, BC. I just received bed. I am just wondering how Wayfair makes profile... bed looks like 10 times more worth than its price... I know many people gave negative review to Wayfair... and most of had problem in delivery or cracked stuff. Bed was sent by FedEx. So don't blame Wayfair. Their products are way cheaper than all other furniture brands and quality is better.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I ordered 145$ worth of stuff and everything got to me only 1 day late from the delivery time that was estimated. It's brand new, intact and all around I'm incredibly please of the service! Will order again!

Wayfair Company Information