3.48/5
Based on 1,551 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

4030 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Buyer beware with this website. I have never used Wayfair and I ordered a TV stand. It had a fireplace and was suppose to change colors be able to turn off lights by remote. Not true, even in their reviews they had numerous reviews saying that this was not true. When verified by the supplier they told them it was not true. This was several months ago and it is still on the website with the same claims. I worked with a good customer service rep and she gave me a good discount. Then she was ill and I could not speak to her for a few weeks. We had talked about ordering an all leather recliner. The first one I saw stated Top Grain Leather but the rep was told it was Top Grain Faux leather. So nothing about that recliner was leather at all. Then another recliner was a leather match, which is not what all leather means.

I would not trust this website, and when you order make sure you have them verify that the description is what the product actually is. They also recommended HandyMan.com which they vet and their Handy Men and set up a time. I paid the money and then they never showed up. When I called the number a woman answered the phone and said the man use to be her boyfriend but had not lived in Florida for over two years. When I tried to get my money back by e-mail it no longer existed. Lucky that I charged it and my bank put the money back in my account. Wayfair has no way of speaking to anyone higher up. To me they pass the buck to the supplier, but they are selling one product and you get another. Why they have not been charged with bait and switch is beyond me. Verify everything and if need be have them call the supplier to verify that the description is actually what you are getting!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

We purchased an expensive dining table. The table came with a ding on the circumference of the table. Wayfair customer service took care of this without an issue. Companies that have great customer service are few and far between. So pleased!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My husband and I ordered two recliners on 1/30/18 and got email confirmation of delivery date on or before 2/09/18. An email was sent by Marianne on 2/05 saying that there was a problem with the recliners. I called and spoke with Marianne and she said that one of the recliners had been lost in transit and she wanted to know if I wanted the other recliner reordered or if I wanted it canceled. I told her to go ahead and order another one which she did immediately. Marianne was very apologetic and even called back after I left a message to thank her for checking on our order. She offered excellent customer service.

I received a call from the Wayfair delivery driver this morning and he said that he was about 15 or 20 minutes away. When the delivery team arrived they immediately introduced themselves as Eric and Brandon. As they were bringing the large box in (not an easy task to do being that the doors of our apartment building are so narrow) I noticed that the box was very banged up. I commented on the shape that the box was in and they said that they picked it up like that. They also said that they were going to unbox it out in the hall and check it before they left to make sure that it was ok.

Not only did Eric and Brandon unbox the recliner for us but they brought it in and set it up for us although we only paid for front door drop off. Eric and Brandon went above and beyond what we expected of them and they were extremely polite. I hope that these two young men are the ones who deliver our other recliner when it arrives. We love the recliner, it is beautiful and very comfortable.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I would like to compliment Wayfair for their great customer service! I bought a memory foam dog bed, and when I had read the reviews many people said to give the memory foam mattress time to expand. Which I did, however the bolster back came out of the box kind of misshapen - so I put it in the zipper as best I could and hoped it would expand to the correct shape - after over a week it never did, so I called Wayfair customer service. My call was answered instantly, and the representative was very understanding and knowledgeable and is sending me a replacement immediately. I have not always had such good customer service, so wanted to make sure to give them credit!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I applied for credit card, approved and received card. Shopping I found a Roomba. They were out of the model that was on sale so I ordered the next step up. Confirmed and shipped. Had ordered a personalized address plate and found out that order had another one (different one) and they cancelled that order. The Roomba was already due to be delivered and made it to my state. I was watching and tracking. All of a sudden it was cancelled and was sent back. All the while saying it was delivered to my house but wasn't. I had sent them emails and I called and was told that my account/ orders were marked fraudulent!? After talking with two different women about this. One says no problems. The other wants me to make a purchase with another credit card then they will approve my Roomba purchase. I have never ever had anyone do this to me!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I purchased a new washing machine on 1/29. This review is about Wayfair, not the washing machine. I received confirmation of my purchase with an estimated ship date of by 2/1. It was delivered today, 2/1! Fantastic service! I had placed my order through eBay but had made a mistake on the delivery address. I called Wayfair for help correcting the address and was advised to cancel that order and submit a new order after receiving the cancellation confirmation. I was able to submit my order the next day. I’ll be installing the machine tonight and will post my review of it after a couple of loads. Very pleased Wayfair customer!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Attempted to order some furniture for the parlor. Let's just say the furniture never arrived due to the outsourcing of the delivery with what appears to be lowest bidder delivery companies. If I owned a delivery company I'd make sure to deliver items, and especially if I call and confirm a delivery day. I assume that someone else is sitting on my furniture at this time and Wayfair writes it off. I will never ever ever use this company again, I recommend buying items elsewhere. They did appear sympathetic on the phone, refunded my purchase after all was said and over with.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Ok so this was a lie from the second they billed out CC, the product (Electric Fireplace) showed up in two deliveries, not one as promised, when I asked customer service about the two deliveries I was told that never happens. Finally when the second portion arrived it was damaged. Imagine that, it's no wonder when you use compressed popcorn foam as a packing agent. So we are now into week 4 and I have to request a replacement part, my wife was told by Zach we will rush it due the problems we have had, LMAO it showed up one week after he said it would.

I will give credit to Wayfair for being very good at lying to customers, outright lies, they only say what they think the customer want to hear. The problems for Wayfair is I am not a customer looking for something for free. I am looking to get what I paid for in the time promised not lies. I predict Wayfair will last maybe another year if that long due to the simple fact they lie the worst sin in customer service... In closing Wayfair you suck and are not even interested in talking about or trying to correct it...

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

First and last time purchase with Wayfair. Found an area rug on clearance for $76.99 regularly $400. Placed the order and noticed on my bank account I had two charges from Wayfair. When I called Wayfair to see what the second charge was, I found out the area rug purchase was cancelled because there was an error on their website for the price. The second charge was for the rug pad I ordered at the same time. They informed they could not sell the rug for that price. It was way below cost. Not my problem. Should not have been advertised.

When transferred to a manager she said something different that the price advertised only allowed for a couple people to receive the rug at that price and when the orders were placed, any over would be cancelled and not allowed to buy at that low price. I can not believe a website company this large works in this capacity for one, and that their website is not set up to show the item out of stock when the "inventory" has been depleted at the clearance price. I can purchase this same rug, it's not out of stock, but it will be at a price of $400. I was offered an exceptional discount of 15% off my next purchase!!! Lol no thanks Wayfair. Going somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I purchased a makeup dresser for my wife, put it together per plans and most of the materials are cheap and don’t line up as needed, finally got it together and within a couple of days it broke apart, I will never buy anything else from Wayfair again.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I ordered a mattress the 22nd of December. We were moving in mid January and thought we would have enough time. We never received a phone call, and called Wayfair to change our address. Two weeks went by and no mattress still. We were sleeping on the floor for two weeks at this point. In between my partner and I, we talked to over 25 people, no one knew what they were doing. I finally talked to a manager who said they could get me the mattress by the 22nd of February. I told her I am NOT sleeping on the floor for another month. She said she would try her best and still no one contacted me after that exchange.

I talked to another supervisor who said she would help me, but 24 hours went by and she had not contacted me with any news. I asked her to cancel the order and that was the FASTEST thing they did during that whole transaction. The most I was offered was a 10% coupon. Sorry Wayfair, that is not enough. In fact, that’s pretty insulting. Looks like these guys are just greed filled jerks who don’t care about customer service because they know they’ll make a buck somewhere else. I would give 0 stars if I could.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I don't do reviews often but felt the need to. Recently moved into an apartment and had all my furniture delivered on time. I ordered the bedframe platform from this website a month in advance to avoid any issues. A month later, I fully moved into an apartment complex in which I am paying rent for, I ended up sleeping on the floor. We ordered the bed December 15th. The platform bed tracking stated it was going to be delivered by January 5th. We waited until January 15 to call the company to see if there was any updates. They told us they had no idea where our bedframe was. They told us to wait another week.

We slept on the floor for exactly 27 days and then we decided to cancel the order. The representative was apologetic and told us that he can give us 5% off on our next order. No thank you. We will not be buying from this company again. We went to a local Raymour and Flanigan and ordered a better bed platform and received it within two days. What a nightmare. I will also recommend all readers and friends to never purchase anything from this company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I placed an order online for an accent table on 1/13/18. Immediately I received an e-mail giving me the order number and telling me that the item would ship on 1/19/18. Additionally, 24 hours later the money was withdrawn out of my account. Three days later I went online to order another table exactly like the one I had originally ordered. I had a difficult time finding the table on their website so I took some creative steps to try to find the table.

Once I located the table on their website I found out that it was on backorder and would not be available until after March 7. I immediately called customer service and was told that in fact the table was on backorder INCLUDING the one I had originally ordered on the 1/13. I received absolutely no notification advising me of the backorder and had I not done some investigating I would have never been aware that my order didn't ship on 1/19/18. Just another scam by an online company who takes your money, sends you a bogus e-mail but doesn't deliver the product. Never again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a leather sofa love seat in March 2015. I notice about two year later that the sofa started peeling. The sofa began peeling at a rapid pace as time passed. I contacted Wayfair customer service in January 2018 and they advised me that the warranty on the furniture was for one year. Wayfair customer service also advise me to contact the Global Furniture and gave me a item number c534248149 and a email address info@globalfurnitureUSS.com.

I faxed Global Furniture President John Abraham, vice president Allen Breslow and customer service at 443-934-6890 and 410-633-4144. I was told by Linda of Global Furniture 886-456-4040 that my information was received and management said that the one year warranty had expired and I would have to reconnect with Wayfair. I am requesting a replacement of the leather loveseat on the basis that it peeling was unusual for normal use of the leather sofa. My wife and I are the residents in our home. Wayfair address is 4 Copley Place 7th floor Boston, Ma 02116.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I ordered a China Cabinet. It is not as advertised, is subpar, and I want to return it. This review is about how impossible (so far) it has been to get someone Wayfair has contracted with to come and get it. Since January 3 (10 days and counting) I have been attempting to get the company they use here in central NC (Non Stop Delivery) to come — no calls back; promises to give me a pickup window but never call; no one to answer the phone (even their main office can’t get anyone at the local office to answer the phone or return calls).

Finally Wayfair contracted with a different company, and now they have canceled their planned pickup for tomorrow. I spoke with someone at Wayfair early on and was given a number of someone there who is supposed to handle my case, but this person has not answered their phone, and does not have a voicemail box or email address. Right now, I just want to get rid of this China Cabinet and buy another. I want my money refunded whether or not this company ever manages to come and take the cabinet, and I certainly don’t want to pay for the shipping back. I buy online all the time, even large items, and have never had an experience like this. I certainly do not recommend Wayfair.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

Ordered Cabinet Wayfair online. Didn’t realize what a pain in the butt it was to put together even with two people, banged it up in the process, doors don’t close correctly. I will never order with them again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

This is a review of how Wayfair works, not about a specific product. I was all set to buy a piece of furniture for roughly $670 and put it in my cart. However, it does say this is NOT returnable so I waited overnight to make sure I was certain that I really wanted it and so the next morning I go to order it and now it’s $817. I called Wayfair and was told they change prices “multiple times a week” AND you can always call them and ask them to hold the price for 7 Days. Well, isn’t that special... Too late for me, I guess they really don’t want to sell things that much as they would not give me the lower price. So be aware of how this site works.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

After spending almost $2500 at Wayfair, I will not be using their service again. I initially ordered a bed (Modloft Prince bed, queen size) on 12/7/17. When it was delivered on 12/20, only two of the three cartons (side rails, platform, headboard) were delivered-- the headboard was missing. The Wayfair customer care team informed me they could not locate the headboard, and the headboard is not available separately. Therefore, I would need to return the originally delivered portion, and place a new order. I had already unpacked the side rails when I realized I did not have all the parts; I repackaged these for pickup when the replacement pieces were available.

When the order arrived on 1/11/17, it included TWO sets of side rails (in two different colors), no platform, and the headboard. I spoke to a customer care member at the time of delivery, who allowed the delivery team to deliver the headboard, to be combined with the originally delivered side rails and platform. The delivery team carried my headboard upstairs, damaging the walls and the ceiling of my stairwell in the process. On top of this, the corner of the headboard was damaged, which only I realized as I was putting the bed together.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I placed an order for a Christmas gift for my wife and the order went through fine. The product did not arrive within the specified timeline so I called Wayfair to check on the order. They told me that the order was cancelled afterwards as it was flagged for potential fraud. I was told that an email was sent which I did not see because I saw the order confirmation and thought it was fine. Plus I don't check this email address frequently because of all the spam one gets from online shopping. I shop online tremendously and have never had an order cancelled for fraud after it was placed, never. I've had transactions not go through due to it being flagged for fraud, but I know immediately at that point and don't receive an order confirmation as I did here. Someone could have called me to inform me.

Being that this was a Christmas gift it was very important for me and this left me in a big bind because the item because no longer in stock on their website. What's worse is that when I called Wayfair to check on the order status the person on the phone could not help me otherwise and put it in their system for someone to call me back from the department that could help. I NEVER received a call, not even weeks after. I've never had such a poor experience from a popular company like this and could not be more disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Spent a bit of time finding a TV stand to replace a wobbly one I already have. To my misfortune, I decided on this horror. It is very appealing to the eye. The reviews were overwhelmingly good. It arrived undamaged. While assembling it seemed very unstable. I thought once I completed it, that would fix the problem. Nope! I tried again using a YouTube video on correct way to use camlocks. No improvement. I even tried wood glue. No good.

I contacted Wayfair to see if I could return and get a store credit. They state in the return policy, if you take the store credit they will come and get the item from you. As long as it was not assembled. Really? Do they think I bought this, spent 2 to 3 hours assembling. Then disassembling. Then reassembling, so I would on a whim, just decide No I don't want this? Or maybe I ordered It to look at It and return. It is a horrible, unstable, wobbly piece of junk. I am now stuck with. Please beware of buying furniture online. You don't know what you’re getting until you put it together, by then if it turns out to be junk it's too late to return. Just so you know the manufacturer is Twin Star Ind. of Delray Beach, FL. I will stay away from their merchandise, and Wayfair's way of doing business.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The king bed frame came in 3 boxes. We received 2 boxes and then a week later the 3rd box. The mattress came with pick up service of old mattress. They (old mattress and box springs) were left behind, and the plastic was taken by the delivery guy as well (NY law will not pick up without plastic on mattress). 6 phone calls and 5 weeks later the old mattresses were finally picked up. Michael ** (2nd service rep I worked with) was great in trying to help. Dresser drawers also fell apart after 2 months. Pretty rough experience, won’t recommend or buy from Wayfair again.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I have bought a substantial amount of furniture; rugs, lamps and tables from Wayfair. Not only do I love every piece I've received but the customer service is first rate. I had to send two rugs back due to wrong colors and damage and they had FedEx pick them up in a few days and issued credits immediately. A piece of a sectional sofa was ripped and within a week it was replaced. Very impressed with this company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I ordered two living room chairs on December 27, 2017 with a delivery date between January 12 and 26. I received one email indicating the purchase but nothing after that. I decided I didn't want to wait and cancelled them. Then the flurry of emails started. I then called customer service to be sure they received my cancellation, which they did along with the comment, that it's been cancelled in plenty of time! I also called my CC company telling them not to accept any charges from them. I had a sneaky suspicion they were going to do something, especially after reading all these reviews.

Sure enough, I received a call and an email claiming it was too late to retract the shipment and ta-da it will be here WAY ahead of schedule!! I immediately called the young man who left me the voicemail and asked him if it's their policy to ship without payment, because I did not pay for the chairs and it's in his best interest to get them off the truck immediately, because it is on them, if they deliver them here!! Of course no response. I am grateful I called my credit card company - I can't pay for a return IF I didn't pay for them to begin with!! They are crooks!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

After ordering living room furniture, moving vendor arrived weeks later but insisted that double doors were required to deliver boxes inside the house. Otherwise, additional white glove service would be needed and they could attempt delivery again after two months. Wayfair did NOTHING to resolve the problem after weeks of emails and apologies. I had to initiate a refund through my credit card company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

On 10/22/17 we ordered a hot tub from Wayfair, expecting it to be delivered at the end of November. One week after the expected delivery date, we received a call from "James" stating that the hot tub was lost. How do you lose a hot tub!?! He stated he could either reorder the hot tub or refund my money. I opted to have it reordered, with a shipping date of yesterday. I log on to good ole Wayfair today to discover that the item is now backordered and won't ship until February. By February we will have waited 4 months for this thing. Not to mention the fact that the hot tub cost $3500 and they held $7000 on our credit card until it "shipped". And the only response we have received is "sorry for the inconvenience". I am cancelling my order and shopping local. Will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Ok, I don't usually write reviews, but with Wayfair I feel the public needs to know about them. I have ordered two end tables and—I could not be happier. Not only was the price a great bargain but the quality was as good as any in a furniture store. The tables arrived ahead of schedule, packed well, and without a scratch. They are a great addition to my family room. And I saved - drum roll please - 71% off the list price. A great company and great prices.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Wayfair has been one of the worst companies that I have ever dealt with. Order the McCumber Entertainment Centre on November 21st, arrived December 5 - left at my front door, and upon opening the box the one bookshelf was broken in half. Immediately email Wayfair with pictures. They said they would send replacement pieces. I have called them several times since then and the items has STILL not arrived. I was given only 10% back (after being told I have to get rid of the broken one myself) and that they promised it would arrive on January 4th (a month after the original delivery date).

Well today is January 4 and at 11:23am I got an email that the item is out of stock and that there would be a delay! How could it be out of stock on the day it is supposed to be delivered?! Should they not have known this before the delivery date! In addition, I was assigned to a supervisor, Sam ** who emails me but I can't email him back so I can never respond, complain, or get a hold of him. This has been one of the most frustrating experiences in my life. Literally, don't go to them! Go to any other company. In addition, the pieces that we did put together are SUPER cheap quality and chip quite easily. Not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018 Wayfair delivered a Christmas gift from my husband. The desk with hutch was only the hutch that came and it was damaged. The disappointment was extreme,

Wayfair did not want to pick up this heavy hutch. They told me to donate or dump it. No one wants half a piece of furniture so I am stuck getting rid of this. They said they would refund. When I asked them to step up to the plate they left us out to dry. Never again will I use this company. They are smart. Why pay to ship back to them and then have to pay to get rid of it. Just let the consumer suffer. This should be illegal.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I ordered a sheet set and did not realize this is going to cost me not $50 but $1350 and some time on the phone. So the first set named Aqua showing nice watery blue set arrived and it was aqua green. I filled out the return and UPS person came to pick it up and he start quizzing me what is wrong (none of his business). Made that return very uncomfortable (previously he was asking me if I am Polish, which also is none of his business, and I am not. I get he was trying to flirt and be friendly but I don't like when my privacy is intruded upon).

So I reordered in a different colour and was told that delivery is from 8 am to 8 pm. Well at 6 pm (and me staying at home as my guests were arriving and we purchased the same curtain colours for the kids' room) I check the delivery notice and I was shocked to see that it was delivered. You see, when they come to the building they have to buzz and that connects to my phone and I can also turn on the camera to see whom I am letting in the building. The call never arrived. I went downstairs and checked if there is a notice. Nope.

Called Wayfair, said I waited all day long, wasted one day of wages and that I am fuming. The person over there started to patronize me and she said 'she will explain it to me', so she said I was delivered. I was furious. I am losing $1300 and now some customer service is treating me like an idiot after practically stealing this money from my pocket. I cussed to myself (** word) and the princess put me on notice that I have to behave. Hilarious, given that they just stole money from me. I was livid. I am glad this incident happened. My husband wanted to diversify our Amazon orders which are sizable as they are not only the private for us, but also we are the people in charge for marketing orders in banks we work.

The manager tried to rescue the situation, and while Ben was very nice, I am sorry, this is twice burn, the game is over. Lastly, I find that absorbing Americanism and using my first name is very rude. What is next: when is my period? Size of my bra. No dudes, I am not your sister, mother, colleague, or a girlfriend, you are nobody to me and I don't know you. If you cannot address me as Dr. as you should at least Ms. would do. Heck even Dr. Phil is Dr. Phil not Phil. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER WILL I ORDER FROM THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Since they started handling Canadian accounts in reference to customer service support, it has been an awful experience. Wayfair call center agents are rude, catty, unprofessional, confused with the process of how to handle customer service inquiries and sales and inaccurate in their information, or sales details. Very poorly trained and supervised for some I'd even say poorly raised. Even though prices in products are very very good I will no longer be dealing with Wayfair. The poor customer service experience has been with roughly nine members of the calling center, and accuracy wise I literally had to drive to FedEx local to straighten things out. This was enough to question why they changed the calling center from the Philippines who were always helpful and friendly. Being abused, harassed, insulted, lied to, hung up on and manipulated all led to exactly what I'm doing... closing my account. This shows what poor management is in charge.

Wayfair Company Information

www.wayfair.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use