3.5/5 (874 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Top Wayfair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and...

Verified

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date ...

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
  • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
  • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
  • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
  • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
  • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
  • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
Is Wayfair a reliable website?
The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
Is Wayfair good quality?
Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: June 19, 2022

I bought a rug and living room table, both on sale and very reasonable for a retired senior. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong size and then they replaced it, but the color was the wrong one. When I told them how much I had to pay for the help to put the rugs down, move furniture and help with the packaging for the returns, they deducted all that from the rug price. The rug is beautiful and so is the table. There is never a problem with Wayfair about returns. Each time I've called with a problem, the CS Rep goes above and beyond to resolve it, staying on until the problem is resolved. Yes, some of their products are not on a par with Ethan Allen or other high-priced furniture stores, but these items are sturdy, well-made and will last, and are very beautiful. Another good thing with Wayfair is the large selection for every type of furniture. I shopped until I found what I wanted.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I have purchased several furniture items from Wayfair over the years and have always had a superb customer service experience. Delivery times are prompt and when there are delays, they keep me informed. Their customer service is consistently prompt and courteous. I recently had to return an item and they made it so easy and convenient, issued the credit right away. I would definitely shop from them again and highly recommend them to others.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Wayfair do not manufacture the ware they sell. The information comes from suppliers, and it is suppliers that control quality et al. We lost track of things we bought from Wayfair while renovating house. Everything was delivered in time & was of described quality. Couple of cases where things did not turn out the way they were expected; either due to poor workmanship or quality issues, customer service went of their way to resolve issues.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

We purchased a sectional from Wayfair. The shipping took a long time, but I think that had more to do with the shipping company. When it was first delivered, only half of it arrived, the other half was lost somewhere in the shipping warehouse. It eventually arrived 3 days later, with a tear in it. Wayfair immediately sent a replacement, and advised us to discard the ripped part. Overall, the customer service is great, they always fix their mistakes. However, I wish they would put some effort into finding a more reliable delivery service.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

I ordered a bed that was back ordered by about a month. It was a 2-piece shipment and only one piece made it to me. The other piece was damaged by FedEx. After days of fedex being unresponsive, they finally advised it was damaged and being sent back to wayfair. I immediately contacted wayfair through their online chat and someone got to me in under a minute. They advised a replacement wouldn’t be shipped for ANOTHER month (which didn’t work with my timeline at all unfortunately). I asked for a refund since the new shipping window wouldn’t work for me, and they processed the refund immediately. Overall, an unfortunate situation that wayfair resolved fairly and painlessly. I won’t hesitate to shop with wayfair in the future.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

9/19, I put my online order with Wayfair for 60" French Door delivery by end Sept. I got an email on 9/22, 3 days later saying the delivery will delay until end Oct. So I called customer service the same day and the lady just told I have 2 options, cancel the order or reorder another one. I give them one more try, then she pass me another lady to find another more expensive french door expecting arrival by 10/7 and placed the order. Later I found out the placed order don't apply the same promo code as the cancel 1st order, also the ETA is 10/15 instead of 10/7. I called the customer service again why the promo code don't apply and the agent say they will look into it and refund or re-apply the code on the invoice.

Next day, 9/24, Saturday I got an email that they cannot refund or reapply after order is placed. Therefore I need to check with my remodel contractor on Monday, today whether he can wait until mid Oct but he say no..Therefore I called customer service again, the 3rd time, to cancel the order as I cannot wait so long until mid Oct. The lady in the customer service told me shipment has been shipped. I need to pay $150 for return charge for cancel order. I asked shipped today, 9/26, why need to delivery mid Oct. I need it next week instead of mid Oct..She said after shipped out, no matter how long reach customer, they charge return shipping. I will buy from Home Depot or Lowes in future although Wayfair has more modern selection. Worse tele customer service it happen to me in US.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

0 for 2 in terms of fulfilling orders for me. Honestly, spend a bit more and shop somewhere more reliable. For my last order (a shed), it's been over a month and still not delivered. My order shows as "delivered" and when I phoned customer service about it, I got hung up. Tried the chat option and was told that "delivered" meant to the local delivery company and that I'd hear from them in a few days. That was last week, finally heard from the delivery company on Friday that my delivery was supposed to be delivered today and then they confirmed again for today only to be phoned an hour later to say that they couldn't find the item in their warehouse now. Wayfair customer service has no idea what's going on and the local delivery company didn't either. I have cancelled my order and will just order through Home depot or Rona... I should have just done this to start with. I'll never shop with Wayfair again and you shouldn't either. Terrible company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

This company is the worst and doesn't care about customers service in the slightest, they are liars and just want your money, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE THIEVES!! They ignore any issues and try to fob it off with ignorance!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I purchased some new items for a house we just moved into. The first item was a chess of drawers. Since we now live in a new address I deleted the old one and added the new one. I received the chess of drawers just as expected. Next, I purchased an ottoman and verified the new address was on my profile. It was somehow delivered to the old address in Arizona. I called and explained what happened. They would not help. They said it was not their concern and there was nothing they could do to help. I will not shop at Wayfair again. Amazon, Overstock.com and The AtHome Store will get my money from now on.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Wish I could leave 0 stars. I ordered a chaise lounge and was told to expect delivery Saturday from 7-11 AM. So I cancelled a trip and sat by my front door beginning at 7. At 9 I got a call and was told the truck would be here in a half hour. Then the guy told me that he was wrong, the chair was not on his truck. Then I was cut off. Every attempt to call him back to get to the bottom of the matter was ignored. He simply didn't pick up his phone so I didn't know what to do!. I called their office and was told I would have to reschedule. That's where we are now. I have no idea when they will reschedule, and I'll likely have to take a day off work. Outrageous!!!! I spent a lot of money on the chair. Whatever happened to good service? I'll never use Wayfair again.

Wayfair Company Information