1.60/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4345 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If you are going to order a rug or small item to be shipped, I am sure they would be fine. For furniture that they are to deliver and assemble - do not order anything from this company. Delivery service vehicle "broke down" the first delivery attempt, I waited 4 hours for nothing. The 2nd delivery attempt, they came at the end of the 4 hour window with two burly truck drivers that didn't know they were supposed to assemble. They did, and they broke the piece. Customer service is on the ball, but they don't do anything helpful. Stay away!

UPDATE February 15th: A new delivery was scheduled for today for delivery and assembly. After taking another day off work, we were told the morning of delivery that the delivery team does not assemble, they would have to arrange assembly with an outside company which would take an additional 5 business days. Why they did not arrange for assembly for the same day of delivery is total incompetence. UPDATE - After research, I read that Wayfair discontinued "white glove delivery". In order to save money, they now have delivery/assembly companies they own to reduce their costs. I was assigned the "Linden" delivery company who I assume Wayfair owns. They are awful.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I received a notification that my bed was delivered and I was at home. I contacted Wayfair to let them know it hadn't & inadvertently started a return. The bed was delivered to my garage with no knock on my door. I am a woman in my late 50's undergoing physiotherapy. I contacted Wayfair again to let them know that I was not happy with where the bed was left.

Following is the response that I received, "Thank you for contacting Wayfair.com, I'm so sorry you received your beautiful panel bed and our carrier did not deliver it to your front entrance as expected. I completely understand how frustration this is. We expect each and every delivery to go smoothly for our customers. I am going to resolve this for you. I do see a return has been set up on the item, which is pending pickup by our carrier. Please check your email for the return label we provided. We hope to see you back! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for shopping with Wayfair.com."

I wrote back asking how she was going to resolve it. Here is her response, "Thank you for your response, as mentioned before there has been a return set up on the item. Have you received your return label? We are looking forward to your response. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for shopping with Wayfair.com." So it appears that the resolution is to return the bed but she hopes I will continue shopping with Wayfair. Unbelievable. Sometimes things happen during a process. The problem is when nobody cares. Thank you Wayfair, I will not be back. If you have any concerns or questions please feel free to contact me.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

False advertising. Promo plans and interest free for 12 months has loopholes. Customer account supervisors and team members have different answers and will keep you going back and forth for months. Buy at Walmart. Same merchandise, same product. Customer Service is terrible. Unfortunately this is Comenity Bank. Great thing is...no more charges on my credit card.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Bought a chair listed as "leather". It is in no way leather, at least not in the form it came from the animal. The "leather" is pealing. Leather does not peal. It is some type of man-made material, likely Naugahyde or bonded leather. Wayfair did little more than pay lip service to this fraud. So I am stuck with a chair that is falling apart, even though I paid a premium price for what was listed and described as a premium product. Do not buy anything from Wayfair that claims to be leather.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I have had 3 different date emails on which day my order is coming. Amazon tells you which day and will be there in the next 3 hrs. My last order with Wayfair!!! They have to do something about this. They do have great products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I have been waiting on the delivery of a dresser for two months now. The first time the dresser was delivered it came damaged. I was told it would be several weeks until a replacement would be sent. I patiently waited with minimal followup from Wayfair. Finally the dresser arrives only to yet again come DAMAGED! All I'm getting from Wayfair are empty promises and useless apologies. Now I have to yet again wait several more weeks for another replacement dresser. I will NEVER order from them again. Save yourself the hassle and buy from another company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Love my dining room set, but unfortunately I never checked all chairs underneath until now. One chair has a broken piece of wood that holds legs together. It looks like it was "repaired" with glue, but it didn’t work. I called Wayfair customer service but they couldn’t help since it’s over one year. I wish I flipped all chairs when they deliver them to check under as well. Hope this will help other customers and in the future. This is very upsetting. I always thought ??? can trust Wayfair, but obviously they don’t check quality of their items (even more expensive ones). This set was few thousands.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I am very disappointed in Wayfair and will most likely not use them again. Of 2 orders I placed, the first had an incorrect item shipped (one of 3 sconces was not what I ordered). In their defense, they shipped the correct item promptly. I was not impressed with the quality of another light in that first order either but kept it as I'm doing a major remodel and this is a minor issue to others. Then I ordered a light which came to me damaged. I was told more than a month ago I would be credited. Luckily I follow up on things like that. I called as I did not see the credit. I was told on phone they would push it through (like it was a favor???) in 3-5 days. Now, a week later, I get a vmail from someone that they are pushing it through and I should see it in 3-5 days. Here it is today, another week and no credit yet! I will wait until next week before I call again. Lastly quality to price - I was very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I had purchased an open box bed from Birch Lane on Feb 4, I saw the ad on their website of an open box ARTHURS PANEL BED, for $ 129, I called customer service to make sure of the ad, and I placed my order over the phone, the second day that same ad was gone. A days later. I got an email, saying that my order has been cancelled because they do not have it on stock. After my purchase was cancelled the ad went back on BIRCH LANE website with the same open box and same sales price of 129 dollars, I called the company again, and spoke with 3 different representative.

Later I got a voice mail from one of their supervisors, in the voice message he said that he can see the ad and I can try to purchase it but it is not guaranteed. So I went ahead and repurchased it again. Again the second day it was cancelled. After speaking with another customer service man and a supervisor who 1st claimed that it's not in stock and after telling him that it showed on stock on their website, he offered to sell me the bed for 495+or dollars, so at this point I told him, "Now you are saying it is on stock but for a price different than what you had on your website. And the ad changed to open box for the price of $592." This is a terrible misleading, lying advertisement. Where is my customer rights.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

What a terrible experience. They used shopping bags & garbage bags to wrap my table legs & bolts. There were multiple scratches/cracks on the table & legs. Pieces were missing and the instructions. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Purchased a loft bed, the delivery was earlier than quoted (First star). Instruction manual was very clear and easy to follow (Second star). Product was very sturdy, good solid material (Third Star). However, one of the parts was damaged during shipping as I can see the box is dented as well. Not really Wayfair's fault, but rather FedEx's fault or whichever courier it was. The replacement process was painless, log on to their website, it links directly to the my order, and then to the manual, and then you can easily see which part you can tell them to replace. The whole process took 3 minutes (Fourth Star). The part wasn't available and they simply sent a replacement bed for me. Talked to customer support during this time, I waited only 10 seconds on the line and the lady was extremely polite and helpful (Fifth Star).

I don't see why so many negative reviews on such a great company. People complain about the stuff is too heavy to carry by themselves. But if you buy from IKEA, don't you have to carry everything by yourself up the stairs to your apartment as well? Plus you have to load everything into your car to bring the stuff from the store to your apartment. Wayfair delivers it to your address without you lifting a finger. I feel such reviews are very unjust.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I searched Wayfair for a desk for my son. I found one. He was happy and continued to make my purchase. I got to the "buy" button. When I decided to check if it was such a great deal...NO it wasn't. Their price was £199.00, on another website it was £122:00. Close call. DON'T make the same mistake!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Drapes arrived two days early which made me happy. And the size was correct, another plus. However, the color was not “pale spice.” More like burnt orange. Beware internet colors. Luckily I can still use them even though they are pretty dark.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Bought about 3k worth of furniture from Wayfair. A big bed and a mirror and two door chests. The door chest had a small fee for delivery and setup. The bed had a huge fee for delivery and setup. The bed was scheduled for delivery today the 29th of January with the installation of the bed early in the morning by a third party company called handy on the 30th. I having purchases furniture only for local company's I expected that a truck would show up with the delivery and the delivery guys would set it up. No FedEx is doing the delivery to my door and I would need to carry 4 heavy boxes inside and then the next day someone else would show up to do the installation. I can't carry those boxes as I currently have a back issue. When I realized that the delivery would be handled in this way I called the company to find out why and could I get it switched to their internal delivery.

I was told no that the best they could do was to have FedEx deliver further in the future and that I would have to call handy to come another day. That was when I found out that only 3 boxes would be delivered today and the 4th box would be delivered the next day. I called back to cancel my entire ordered. I was warned that if I did that they would have no choice but to charge me a fee for refunding my order and that it is in my best interest to just accept the delivery and call handy to schedule my installation another day. I cancelled the entire order anyway. I will only buy local from now on. The amount of money I paid for delivery and setup was more than the internal delivery and would have to take multiple days off work and try to lift boxes that will hurt my back.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Have had two items from this company. Although the price is good i.e. comparable, there have been flaws with each of the items in assembling, i.e. wrongly drilled holes and also slight warping of sides, but I have worked through and managed to assemble sideboards, which do look good. Yes, could have complained and sent item back, but not worth it, you get what you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I ordered a kitchen table with 4 chairs as a bundle. I knew what the total cost would be, approximately 3 days later the charge on the top of the invoice showed $3748.16 yet, when it was added at the bottom with the delivery fee and tax the cost went back down to $1964.71 (which is the correct cost). I’m not quite sure how adding the tax and delivery fee to $3748.16 would decrease the cost, I also noticed that the invoice stated that I ordered 2 of the kitchen tables versus one. I emailed them as soon as I noticed since they were closed already and received a response the following day stating that do not see the $3748.16 fee.

Thankfully, I took a picture of the invoice (before they changed the price) and emailed it right back, they attempted to tell me that it was the total of my previous purchase added on. Umm, no. Why would someone add on items that I already paid for? After I sent the picture they corrected the invoice, buyer beware! On top of that the person who responded to my email was snotty and unprofessional. I am crossing my fingers that this furniture is in one piece and as described.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've not had great luck ordering a sofa with Wayfair and mostly because I can't touch, feel or experience it until it arrives. Wayfair has been amazing; they treat you like you are a family member. I always love it when someone trades places with you and takes care of you in this manner. So far, in my experience, Wayfair Customer Service people are trained to do this. Thank you Wayfair for being a leader in customer service.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

So I have purchased a lot of furniture and things from Wayfair: Platform bed, coffee tables, office furniture, patio furniture, sheets/comforters. Here is my overall take. 3 out of the 4 were decent and nice quality. My office desk is VERY good quality. My coffee tables did not hold up. After a year, the finish wore off poorly. My patio furniture - NICE. Still going strong after 6 years. Customer service: Platform bed had missing pieces, they shipped the wrong part twice but quickly so I give them a grade B. My experience is to read the specs in detail. If it does not give a type of wood - play it safe and consider it's going to be lesser quality.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am shocked by the low ratings for Wayfair on this review site. I gutted my home and when it was finished the rebuild, I bought almost EVERYTHING from Wayfair. I have lamps, rugs, tables, chandeliers, a settee, bedding, you name it, I bought it at Wayfair and I always check them first for anything I need. In my experience, and I have an expensive home, their quality, variety, etc. is excellent. I have priced them against the identical products at stores in my city and Wayfair beats the prices hands down. I have returned items and there has been nothing but cooperation from the Customer Service department. This company is excellent, and does business the way the rest of them should.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Gary and Fabian delivered our furniture. The furniture is absolutely gorgeous. The delivery could not have easier or more professional. I have never purchased furniture from Wayfair but I am so impressed with quality and delivery service. Just excellent. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I ordered a futon from Wayfair and it seemed like a fair price for it. When I read how it was shipped and that they bring it inside your house was great. However, when it came, it was not shipped how it was described and they did not have people to bring it in. It was delivered by FedEx and I had to help the driver with it, which I live on the second floor, and the futon is 130 lbs. Then I open the box and it's in pieces, which was described other than on the site. I opened the box and no instructions on how to assemble it. So I called customer service and told the girl on the other end that it had no instructions. She responded with "oh let me look at that", then said, "I'll take some money off of it and give you Thumbtack's information."

Are you kidding me? I'm suppose to pay someone to come put it together instead of them emailing the instructions? I had to wind up resorting to YouTube to see how to put it together. She should have given me at least half of what I paid for it for the inconvenience of not having instructor’s tons. Needless to say, I will never again purchase anything from them ever. If that is how they handle complaints they are a poor run company.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I continue to have charges to my account. Originally, I was overcharged twice. Then, three times. Stay away from this company. I have contacted our bank, on both cards. Not to allow any charges to my accounts from Wayfair!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Got credit card to get a discount on the purchase. Tried to close it right away. I was informed that if I pay over the phone it will cost me $25. Or I could do it with the bank account online. Ok I did it and after the end of the month I was charged $25 due to the payment bounced back. Hmm. I did a payment again and it went through. Talked to the customer service for 30 min and was told that there was a typo in the information and that is my fault and I have to pay 25$. Please stay away from this company and their scam credit card service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We are very happy with our product, we ordered a area rug and we absolutely love it. I'm surprised to read so many bad reviews on here, we can’t complain at all. Even delivery was faster than expected, we will definitely order from Wayfair again.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The credit company Wayfair uses allowed a customer to open a fraudulent credit card in my name and made purchases delivered to an address in Miami. I only realized this after I received an credit card statement with a balance due. In my opinion Wayfair's Comenity Bank did not do due diligence to ensure the identity of the buyer. DO NOT OPEN A CREDIT ACCOUNT WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Until Wayfair starts using a better shipping method, I will not buy or recommend anyone buy from them. I ordered a child's bed Saturday that was expected to be delivered Tuesday. It's Friday and I still haven't received it. They used FedEx Ground instead of FedEx Home so they won't deliver on the weekend. I will have to wait until Monday to SEE if it comes. I decided not to wait and I'd rather take my business to an actual store. So I canceled my almost $400 order and made sure FedEx and Wayfair understood why. My shipment was delayed 4 times unnecessarily. That is unacceptable. Use a better shipping service.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered an knife block to be given as a gift. A week later I received a text that my item had been delivered ending with "enjoy your cutlery!" However, when I opened the box I had been sent a cast iron dutch oven! I sent a response in the limited space that is provided for problems and requested expedited handling of the correct item. Finally over a day later received an automated response that my replacement item won't be shipped for several more business days and won't arrive until a full week after delivery of the wrong item. It is extremely frustrating that the only available customer service is via automated responses and that there is no effort to expedite processing to correct an error that was clearly THEIR FAULT!!! They may have "just what I need" but them getting it to me is another story!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was shopping around for a TV stand on a Wednesday. The TV stand was listed for $1043. Friday I decided I was going to buy it. They jacked the price up $100. I reached out to the company and asked if they would extend the pricing I had just saw two days ago. Not only did they say they wouldn't do that for me-but they wouldn't even give me a coupon for the item. Very greedy greedy company. Willing to lose over $1000 for a coupon/discount. I just don't like companies (especially as big as Wayfair) who try and rob you and not work with the competitive retail world. I then decided to shop around for the same TV Stand and found it for $686 on another site. So ridiculous but just beware. Shop around before you resort to Wayfair.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

There are many scratch over the shoe cabinet. There is a 5 cm damaged color on the left door (I can send you the photos). The back part is not aligned!!! I am completely disappointed. By the way, they had forgotten to place holes for the screws :(. This is like a second hand product. Terrible quality, terrible packaging, terrible delivery.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

We bought a small table from Wayfair for our business. After our purchase, they spammed with obnoxious frequency via phone and email in an effort us to purchase more from them and to "upgrade our account." We have asked them REPEATEDLY, via phone and email, to please stop calling and emailing. It never ends. Just got yet another call an hour ago. What's it going to take, a restraining order?

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs