2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.85/5

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the Room Ideas section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Wayfair Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We live in an area where B and Q are now the main DIY store as both Homebase stores had shut and we didn't want to undertake a journey just for a brass external knob elsewhere. We do like to support the high street and UK retail but sometimes the stores that are left charge either too much say Hinges and Bracket's in Canterbury or don't stock the product B and Q.

In view of this I googled the necessary product and found a Octagonal Centre Door Knob (Brass Heritage) for £23.40. It's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive or ott and is good quality. The website was easy to use and to place an order. I received a confirmation email straight away stating the order would come Thursday 9th Jan and in fact it's come today the 8th.

The only thing I am not best pleased about and this is not down to Wayfair is the item was well packaged and was thrown over the gate by DHL who delivered. There is no damage but if it was a plasma TV it would have been broken. I would hope that Wayfair would use a different courier in future but the service was excellent. I would use them again but really for furniture I do prefer to see it in the shop and actually order instore but for some things I will order online when it's not possible. Thank You Wayfair.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Wayfair has an amazing selection. There is just so much to choose from in any style that you could possibly think of. The app is very well designed too. You have filters for everything so you can find exactly what you are looking for. There is no limited list like Amazon so you just keep scrolling down and new items load on the page.

Buying is easy, however, delivery is entirely a different experience. All items are delivered via FedEx with some exceptions where local furniture stores will deliver. All of my purchases were delivered by FedEx though and it was a real pain. Because FedEx sends single drivers out to deliver goods, larger goods will get damaged. I had a bed delivered and one box was damaged in the process of delivery (piece was fine). Big furniture needs at least 2 people for delivery, which FedEx doesn’t do so larger pieces like beds get delivery dates pushed back and pieces delivered separately. The quality of product of course varies by brand as well. I purchased some amazing nightstands and they were prebuilt quality products, while I also purchased a cheap particle board cabinet that is more like your basic Ikea fare. In all I am very happy with everything received from them.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Wayfair has a great selection of furniture and decor with great and affordable prices. Their shipping of 1-2 days is excellent for customers even though one of the carriers is awful. The customer service department has a team that is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, always listening to the customer’s needs and finding the right solutions immediately. I had a situation with a sectional that, supposedly, one of the carriers delivered but I never got it. Wayfair contacted the carrier to verify what happened and they said that the driver left it on the first floor of my building, but he never called to notify me about. The customer service representative immediately processed a replacement of the furniture and I got it in 2 days.

Also, I ordered a coat rack in the same order of the sectional but never got it since the carrier, the same one that delivered the sectional, never brought me the coat rack with lots of nonsense excuses and when I called Wayfair asking the refund, a week after the date it was supposed to be delivered, the representative immediately processed it, apologized about it and also tried to advise me on keeping buying with them despite the 2 bad experiences I had with the carrier. Definitely, they have a wonderful customer service team and the sectional I got is wonderful, very comfortable, great quality, elegant and contemporary.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We've ordered most of our furnishings for our new home from Wayfair and I've been very pleased with their service, prices and quality. Delivery is either early or on time. Everything we've received has been complete and in good condition, and when mistakes have been made, their customer service in handling them have been excellent. For example, we ordered an electric fireplace and they sent the wrong model. I called them and was given a 10% refund for our trouble and the new/correct fireplace was here within 2 days and we were told to keep or donate the model that we had originally received, which we're actually going to be able to make use of in our basement.

Also, when ordering, I accidentally ordered 2 of them and when I received them, I called and they waived the return shipping fee, sent me an email with the shipping labels and had Fed-ex come and get it asap and refunded my money. Their service that gives you the option to have someone come and assemble furniture for you is quite reasonable and they do an excellent and fast job. I only wish they gave me the option for this service on everything! We've ordered all of our deck furniture, all of our light fixtures and my office furniture from Wayfair and I've been extremely pleased.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Well I had not bought one thing online in my life and heard about Wayfair. I was moving for the first time in 24 years and decided out with the old and in with the new. I refurnished every room in the house via wayfair over a period of 4-5 months. Oh yes there were some bumps in the road with damages and either waiting for full replacements or repair parts, this is where the bumps came in. The customer service reps were first class in making things right and always told me donate the current item I had rather than me pay for return shipping etc.which was always gratefully received I might add.

Of course there's always a rotten tomatoes in the bunch and I just somehow managed to receive them all lol. This is where I lost patience a few times. I live in British Columbia and would have to really wait for certain things to be delivered. In the meantime I was doing without things in the home. Partially my fault I guess for donating right away. I could have waited for replacement(s) first and do suggest this to everyone as sometimes it's just an unfortunate series of events.

Some of the items like my bed coffee tables and bbq had to be replaced 3 times! Well the time waiting for original the time spent on phone the time spent emailing and oh my Lord the times having to repeat yourself and waiting again for re re delivers trailed up March to July. So if you don't mind waiting I'm assuming based on your location it is still worth it for the most part. I've received nothing but compliments on all my furniture, decorations, bedding, lighting, etc and I tell them everything is from wayfair. The amount of selections is staggering. If you don't mind sitting with a coffee in the comfort of your own home browsing you've got it made in the shade! As I said even if you had a million issues with delivered products they will make it right without you having to turn assertive. Extremely polite and helpful but the waiting oi.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: May 30, 2020

My item arrived on May 13th with several damaged parts. I immediately ordered a replacement part for the outward facing items. I wasn't pleased to find out that the replacement part (C-Left) wouldn't be shipped for over 2 weeks, so I called a customer service representative on the next day (May 14th). She assured us that the replacement items never take that long to ship, and that she would be forwarding us more information on the shipping date. Well, we never received any follow up from the customer service representative AND the original shipping date has come and passed. The part still hasn't shipped.

I'm hoping that I won't require more items to be replaced but it's hard to tell until I have the replacement part I already ordered and can begin building the dresser. I won't be surprised if this delay is intentional, preventing me from ordering additional replacement parts if needed. Overall, this has been a horrible shopping experience and I won't be ordering through Wayfair again. When all you offer is 10% my next order on expensive furniture for the next couple of months, it really feels like nobody who works for you cares.

Original review: May 30, 2020

I ordered a bed frame on the Wayfair website. It was supposed to be delivered on Friday, May 29, 2020. It still has yet to arrive. I have called FedEx a total of three times for them to tell me that the item is still at the Fedex Distribution Center. I contacted Wayfair through email and they told me the exact same thing that Fedex confirmed. It's unfortunate that you spend your hard earned money only to receive nothing in return. I wouldn't recommend Wayfair to anyone.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I bought a birdbath from them and when it arrived it was broken. And they won't refund me whole amount of refund. I shouldn't be charged for the way I received it. I shouldn't be out my money because of it.

Original review: May 28, 2020

I purchased a bed frame for my son. I picked out the frame and proceeded to checkout. The frame was on sale with a promo code. I put in all the payment information and hit the pay button. The next page to pop up was the payment confirmation page... with a higher price. I purchased a bed at one price and they charged me another price after I paid for the item. The promo code vanished once I paid for the bed. Is this legal? I was livid.

Proceed to call customer service and wait on hold for 37 minutes. Abigail A. from Springfield, OR assured me the refund would be back on my card asap. "It's a glitch in our system and happens often." How can you illegally charge customers different prices and call this a glitch that happens often? Six days later and still no refund. I am currently on hold again for 33 minutes waiting for another agent. This company has been a nightmare to deal with. Avoid this company

Original review: May 28, 2020

I ordered a washing machine from Wayfair and it was to be delivered 5/27|2020, When the delivery truck got to our address they informed us they couldn't make it up our driveway. The driver informed us if we gave him 700.00 cash he would try to get it up our driveway. Needless to say we told them to return the washer cause I was not gonna pay someone an extra 700.00 to bring it up for me..

Wayfair author review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team