2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.69/5
Based on 3,724 ratings submitted in the last year

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

BOTTOM LINE

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

PROS
  • Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option
CONS
  • Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Top Wayfair Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date and time. The package arrived about a half an hour into that time window.

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
    • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
    • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
    • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
    • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
    • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
    • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
    Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
    Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
    Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
    Is Wayfair a reliable website?
    The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
    Is Wayfair good quality?
    Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased a large furniture item, the stitching was off and there was a rip at the bottom. I was unhappy and wanted a refund. I went online the day that it arrived at my home and went through the quick and easy return. I uploaded pictures of the issue, and in moments they refunded my money. I was not asked to return the item! It was not what I wanted, and I don't have space for two in my home. I am a teacher and was able to donate it to one of my former students who is just starting out in her new place. This was so meaningful to me, and her! I can't say enough about how generous this was, not greedy and wasteful. I will for sure be shopping with Wayfair again, I am truly impressed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

In February 2020 I purchased a couch, loveseat and a chair and numerous other living room items. The couch and love seat. From from the red barrel collection which is pretty expensive. It was delivered in March and I was very pleased with it until November 2020 when I noticed the padding in the back one side of the sofa was going flat and starting to hurt my back and I was disappointed because I had paid so much and and I was dreading to contact them because I thought I would get a run around and tell me there was nothing they could do. But we was a shock when they wrote me back and told me to donate mine to charity or give it to someone in need, that they were shipping me a brand new replacement. I was in total shock and I cannot say enough about how pleased I am and will be doing more business with him in the future. Thank you Wayfair so much.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have ordered numerous items from Wayfair over the last few years. I can't say I was 100% satisfied with the products I purchased off Wayfair - it's been a hit or miss as they receive most of their products from different suppliers, so it's largely dependent on the brand/supplier of your furniture. However, every time I had an issue with my purchase, Wayfair's customer service was so easy and helpful with a simple phone call. Every time they were able to replace the item or issue me a partial or full refund depending on the case. The customer service is top notch and that's how you should do business in my opinion. Rest assured I will keep going back to Wayfair when I need furniture or home goods.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Recently purchased some bar stools and a large patio umbrella. Bar stools shipped extremely quickly and were at my door in 3 days. Stool quality was generally good with some screw holes slightly off, but was still able to use the original hardware and everything went together and is very solid. I'm an engineer by trade and a hobby carpenter, but I decided to go store bought for this need and don't regret it. Have received a lot of compliments.

The patio umbrella was more complicated. Shipped quickly, but did not come with the base which was included in the product description. Made a request for missing parts on their website and got an automated reply that parts would be shipped. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and seeing all the horror stories lately feared the worst. Sent a message to customer service and received a prompt and courteous reply with a tracking number. Got the stand a few days later. Umbrella and stand seem well made upon first inspection. This was an overall good experience. There was an issue with one of the products, but Wayfair made it right with very little effort on my part. Considering the logistics nightmare caused by COVID-19, I am more than happy with the service and company. Give them a shot.

Original review: May 9, 2020

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and the products purchased were great quality/buys! I did have an issue due to the timing of my move and shipments wherein the items were not able to be held on vacation hold due to the Fedex's policy (NOT Wayfair) but I will say, they worked with me EVERY step of the way with calls providing updates from the customer service reps. Robin was especially amazing and helpful. All items were packaged very well and I have to say the quality was far better than the furniture store that I had purchased before finding Wayfair. So I highly recommend this company. Topnotch customer service team also. The employees all seem to be very happy and go above and beyond.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I ordered a uplifting recliner with heat and massage for my 86yr old father. He had a hard time getting up from his old recliner, so this new one was needed. I received the new recliner and set it up in his room today. He is thrilled that he can get out of it on his own! It brought him comfort knowing he doesn't have to wait for someone to help him. It is so comfortable and easy to assemble, I am about to order another one for him in the living room! He has his Independence back and I have a healing back....Thank you.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I ordered from Wayfair. Same day I sent an email saying I found a better price somewhere else, they answer that it is already shipped and that they can not refund me the difference so they suggest me to let them know when it arrives to ship it back to them. I answered them that I have a small car and the boxes will not fit my car to bring to post Canada. So I asked if I can refuse the shipping at the door, and they never answered me, during 4 days I sent them email to please have an answer. They never answered me.

The day I get the order I refused it at the door. So I called and the girl on the phone said, "Careful because next time we will have to charge you fees, this time is ok." So I called when they received back the items. So I ask to refund and they charged me the shipping back 700$!!!! I EXPLAINED THE SITUATION AND SHE DID NOT WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE SITUATION. THEY ARE LIARS!! They only answer when they want. Be careful.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I ordered a tablecloth and within a week it said it was dispatched. After the second week I rang them and they said it was with UPS and they will contact me in a couple of days. A month had gone by and I rang them up again and they said it will be with me in the next couple of days again which I thought with what's going on in the world I will let it go. I rang them again on the 25th of March and this time they said it was coming from Barcelona and it was in customs from the 9th of February to the 22nd of March (so why didn't they tell me that in the first place). They said it will be with me by the end of the week. Well now it's 2 months and I've just had a email from my PayPal account that I've been refunded the money. I'm never buying anything from Wayfair again. They just mess you around and tell you lies when your product doesn't turn up.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I placed an order on January 12, 2021, for a living room set. I have been given the runaround on the delivery date since the beginning. They postponed it four times and told me in February that it was never ordered. I have never had such a horrifying experience. When they told me I should expect my furniture to come within three weeks, I gave my sofa and loveseat away, and I have been without a living room for four months now. It is a disgrace. They have apologized countless times. I am sure one cares about apologies. The light constantly about why the order hasn't arrived yet.

I have never worked with a company that is so dishonest. I will never buy any furniture from Wayfair again. All my plans to have dinner with my kids for Easter have been canceled. I know things are tough right now with the pandemic, but they should not have promised delivery date and cancel as many times as they. Honesty is the best policy for any company. I hope people will think about these things before they purchase anything from them.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Love the furniture I bought from Wayfair, but incredibly disappointed with the service received from their customer care team. Will not be buying again and discourage others from doing so too. When needing a specific delivery location due to the package size, being out of town at the time of delivery, and having chronic back pain so being unable to move the packages myself, they recommended I contact the carrier to request specific delivery instructions. That’s fair, but when Fedex delivered two 65 lb packages blocking my front door despite doing everything correct on my side, they not only didn’t help or assume responsibility - they ignored me completely. Atrocious service.

Wayfair Company Information