2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.7/5 (4406 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Top Wayfair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and...

Verified

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date ...

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
  • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
  • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
  • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
  • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
  • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
  • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
Is Wayfair a reliable website?
The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
Is Wayfair good quality?
Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

WAYFAIR!! I love the affair we’ve maintained!! Your app is super easy to shop with, and your customer service is phenomenal!!!! I have been blown away by the way you have handled a couple of shipments I ordered lightly. All the products are super great quality! But what really impressed me was the remedy you provided when an order was not tracking from UPS. Not only did you send me a 2nd shipment of the item I ordered, but when I ordered patio furniture and two pieces were damaged ~~ you immediately sent the replacement parts! AND you actually sent more parts than I needed! I appreciate your generosity so much! When I discovered that I had an extra shipment I called and your customer service was so lovely about making things right. You told me to go ahead and keep the second shipment for all of the trouble I had when I placed an order in April that was out of stock. WOW!!

You also sent me an apology email with a coupon for 10% off my next order AND $20 off coupon as well!! NO company treats customers like this! THANK YOU!!

It’s also wonderfully convenient that I can call on a weekend night and Customer Service is available! I am WOWED by you, WAYFAIR!!!! I think your prices are quite reasonable and the only issue I have is staying on your app toooo long! The one thing that could use some improvement ~~ if someone orders an item and they don’t get it because it's out of stock, it would be nice to let the customer know.  Super happy with you and I foresee a very lengthy relationship between us!!

Original review: June 2, 2021

I ordered the Zayne Standard Bed for my bedroom a week ago from Wayfair and I'm actually realizing that how it feels to sleep on a high quality bed. My sleep is turned out to be healthy and a lot easier than before. There's no irritating sounds that old used beds make. Moreover the design is so attractive it is perfectly blended with my room's colour and design.

I'm 100% satisfied with the bed quality and design that Wayfair is providing. In addition, I also received free 2 day shipping offer too. I got the bed delivered at my doorstep in just 2 days for FREE! Can you imagine that such heavy objects are delivered to my house totally free of cost. The people that delivered the bed also set it up in my bedroom. I didn't need to call anyone else to set it up in my bedroom. I have experienced the best services from Wayfair that their people are so cooperative and hard working. And most importantly I was able to grab great discount on my order online via this site, **. Who wouldn't like to save on their spendings. I got 10% off on my order through this website. I copied the code and simply pasted it in the checkout. I would recommend to shop from Wayfair because they got best products and best services with great discounts available online.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I ordered an adjustable sofa from Wayfair for $389, while still waiting for delivery, the price of the item dropped to $289. I called Wayfair and asked them to do a price adjustment since I haven't received the item yet. They said they don't do that and it was against their policy. I was shocked because all their comparators do price adjustment when item goes on sale within 30 days. Customer service rep recommended to cancel item and for me to reorder it, she placed me on hold for 30 minutes then hung up. I got an email confirmation that the item was canceled but I was charged $160 handling fees, rep never mentioned that there is a fee. Just horrible experience, I'm going to delete my account and will tell all my family and friends about the bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased a large furniture item, the stitching was off and there was a rip at the bottom. I was unhappy and wanted a refund. I went online the day that it arrived at my home and went through the quick and easy return. I uploaded pictures of the issue, and in moments they refunded my money. I was not asked to return the item! It was not what I wanted, and I don't have space for two in my home. I am a teacher and was able to donate it to one of my former students who is just starting out in her new place. This was so meaningful to me, and her! I can't say enough about how generous this was, not greedy and wasteful. I will for sure be shopping with Wayfair again, I am truly impressed.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

In February 2020 I purchased a couch, loveseat and a chair and numerous other living room items. The couch and love seat. From from the red barrel collection which is pretty expensive. It was delivered in March and I was very pleased with it until November 2020 when I noticed the padding in the back one side of the sofa was going flat and starting to hurt my back and I was disappointed because I had paid so much and and I was dreading to contact them because I thought I would get a run around and tell me there was nothing they could do. But we was a shock when they wrote me back and told me to donate mine to charity or give it to someone in need, that they were shipping me a brand new replacement. I was in total shock and I cannot say enough about how pleased I am and will be doing more business with him in the future. Thank you Wayfair so much.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I ordered Sarina Bunk Bed with Drawer on the 23 July. Almost three months passed, and I did not receive my bed. Every time that I contact the call centre, I get the same response..."we log a ticket someone will come back to you." After few days I receive automatic mail that it’s on the way and "you'll receive it by the end of the week", but nothing happened. I asked for a refund. The call centre talk to me for 45 minutes and then open a ticket and said..."you will receive answer in few days..." So Careful!!! Wayfair does not always deliver. If you are the unlucky one that does not get your goods no one will help you and no refund guaranty.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I ordered a workbench. After waiting for more than a month I still haven't received anything. Not even a answer on my email that I wrote twice. Looks like this is a big scam and Facebook allows it to have their things displayed on the page.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I ordered a rug for my son’s dorm room on Sept 23 and paid expedited shipping of 54.99 to get there by Monday Sept 27th. It did not arrive on Sept 27 and I called Wayfair on Sept 28 and they mentioned it didn’t leave warehouse and didn’t know why and they were replacing on Sept 28 and estimated ship date to be Thursday Sept 30 and arrive by Friday October 1st. I called Wayfair back on October 3rd to see if I could get tracking. They were NOT able to provide any tracking on the rug ordered.

On October 4, a Wayfair case manager emailed and said, “...They refunded the expedited shipping fee (as I requested)... and the case manager stated "Wayfair is seeing delays in pickup, offloading and scanning... due to carrier being short-staffed and having insufficient trucks for the amount of packages being processed daily in that area”. In short, it took two weeks to arrive to my son’s location on October 7th, even if you pay the expedited fee. Save your money and time if you need a rug. Try rugs.com or Amazon instead for quick, guaranteed delivery!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I wanted to cancel my order and they wouldn't let me. I will never buy anything from these people again. Now I have to wait until the order comes before I can send it back. Does this make any sense?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I'd like to share my experience of disservice and abuse from Wayfair's customer service. In August, I ordered a table and 8 chair dining set from Wayfair. Needless to say, the order was not handled well. I have a documented timeline of events + grievances outlined in the following letter that I wrote to their customer service: **. After doing so, I was finally contacted by somebody from their executive team, Jean **, in the month of September. Throughout this month he pleaded with me to let Wayfair make the issues right, offering me a full refund on the table as well. Despite this, the best he managed in the month of September was getting a single furniture assembly person out to my location who: 1) Took 4 hours to assemble a replacement table which had scratches on it. 2) Was unable to assemble one of the 8 chairs due to it being damaged.

Jean said to solve 1), I would have to get my table fully replaced. For 2) he promised to send another chair out to me. I decided to forgo 1), as at this point Jean had done nothing to explain Wayfair's previous mistakes with this order and I was therefore not confident that they would fully replace my table without issue. I agreed to 2), and Jean promised that someone would bring me a new chair on 10/2, between 7 and 11 am. Lo and behold, Wayfair failed to deliver my chair on this date during the given time window. As of 10/4, it looks like they have simply given up on trying to make my order right, sending me the following email:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello **,

We are writing to you regarding your Wayfair.com order history. Despite the high standards that we set for our service, your input indicates that we have not met your expectations. The details of your order history and the feedback you’ve shared from your experience have led us to believe that we are not the right company to satisfy your shopping needs.

Our repeated efforts to work productively toward a solution have been hindered by your manner of interaction and hostility toward our customer service team. In the interest of preventing further inconvenience to you, we recommend pursuing an alternative for future orders so that they may be fulfilled in a way that better suits your needs. Going forward, we encourage you to refrain from making new purchases from Wayfair.com to avoid any further disruption. Please note, any future orders with Wayfair.com and its subsidiaries will be cancelled upon initiation.

Kind Regards,
    www.wayfair.com

So now I have a scratched up an incompleted dining set sitting in my home, which I must either complete or remove at my own expense, because Wayfair decided that I was unjustified in being angry over the events which took place. They have accused me of "hostility" yet have given no supporting evidence to explain how any of my criticisms towards their company have been unjustified. At no point have they admitted that they have shown me hostility by continuing to waste multiple 4 hour windows of my time or by forcing me to write letters and spend countless hours on the phone with them to receive proper customer service for my order.

Wayfair Company Information