Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Simonny,

We truly appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re so happy to hear we were able to provide the support you needed to find the right product for your home. Thanks so much for choosing to shop with Wayfair!

Sincerely,

Wayfair.com Team

Original review: July 1, 2016

I was very pleased with the support I got from the customer support in trying to find the product I needed it. He was patient, dedicated and trying to find as many items was fitting in my request. I do love to have this attention because when you have to buy many things for your house, time is valuable in trying to find the best product with the best price. Also they have a fast delivery, and a good technology for search in their website. The system is friendly and easy to use. The entire process is good from the beginning to the end, until you receive the product at home. I do appreciate Wayfair's dedication and time spent. 5 stars customer service.

Very pleased with the customer service. Would rate Wayfair CS a notch above any other online merchant I've done business with. I had two issues, fairly minor, that were promptly and satisfactorily addressed, followed up by a phone call, 5*.

I've had a wonderful experience with Wayfair. Because I'm an interior decorator, I could get 20% off everything I order. But I have chosen not to do it that way. I've ordered several things from them and quality of their products is wonderful. I did get a chair that I had to return because it was defective. The cushion kept falling out of the chair when I'd sit in it. But they refunded all my money and didn't charge me to restock it. They took care of it immediately.

As for the ordering process, I do it over the phone and online. It was easy. They need to change something though in their website to make it easier for people. They have so many chairs listed in their website that when I scroll over, I had 7,000 chairs to go through. Because I have a bad back, I can’t sit there for three hours and look at 7,000 chairs to find the chair I was looking for. I was looking for the chair that Joanna Gaines had on her commercial for Wayfair. I never did find it because the next day when I got online, I couldn't pick up where I left off.

We ordered a couch that folded flat into a bed with storage underneath. We had a similar for years & never found this style again until Wayfair. When we received it, the material was so cheap. It was like plastic, when it folded down it had no seam so did not lay flat and it had piping seams attached on top of faux material that it did not show & you felt on your legs when sitting. Scott ** solved our return immediately. We re-boxed in same packing, it was picked up next day and we were issued our credit less $50 return fee within a day. Scott was great! Family members have all bought from Wayfair with good experiences and Scott made us a believer!

I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a bad experience with Wayfair. I have purchased many items throughout the last 2 years and have been very pleased on multiple levels, from the service, ease of ordering, ease of returning, and quality of product and last - but not least - the price.

Buyer beware!!! They do not allow negative reviews on items that you return!!! This naturally skews the reviews to ONLY include positive reviews on products - therefore you DO NOT get an accurate representation of what people really thought of the product. Beware of what you buy there!

Awful first time experience. Placed an order for a gift card for my best friend's daughter then received a note 4 days later that Wayfair cancelled the card; I'm totally embarrassed. Called to understand why. Spoke with a customer service rep who couldn't explain it then asked for a manager (Alicia **) who was extremely rude. She literally read me their terms and conditions and company policy then hung up on me. Well needless to say, it destroyed the image I had of Wayfair and confirmed that under no circumstance will I visit their site again. All the best new customers but I haven't experienced bad customer service like this in years.

I choose Wayfair for the quality and uniqueness of the items. Plus, I have a credit established with them, so if they have something, I will usually look on their site. With the last purchase that I made, I knew the quality of the bed I was getting wasn’t very good, but I wasn’t looking to spend a lot of money, so I didn’t care too much about that. However, it was misadvertised, so I was a little disappointed. The picture showed a backboard on it, but that didn’t exist. When I scrolled down and read the reviews, I realized there were other people who were upset too. I called Wayfair and they said I could send it back, but at that time, everything was already out of the boxes and the pieces have been put together. On the other hand, I also bought recliner chairs and they’re beautiful. Some of the things are good, so we're able to fill our furniture needs. Overall, I got a good deal and I’m happy with the products that I got.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Wow, I don't know where to begin. We had 2 horrible experiences with this company. We ordered a bedroom set and a patio sectional on separate occasions. Every piece of furniture arrived damaged (a total of 5 pieces). We upgraded delivery service from room of choice to white glove service and it took them over a week to update their records, which took about 12 calls, 6 emails and the delivery guys still arrived with the wrong delivery status. This was after we delayed delivery to assure white glove service. There is a huge disconnect with Wayfair and their delivery company Mountain Man and both point fingers at the other.

We ended up keeping the sectional for a discount, but returned the bedroom furniture as they were so badly damaged on every corner that I wouldn't have kept them if they were free. Never doing business with this company again. $3000 later one of the worst furniture buying experiences ever. How these guys are still in business is a miracle. You can save yourself a lot of trouble by buying from an actual furniture store.

I ordered nightstands and within minutes of my order (literally less than 5 minutes), I realized they would be too small and tried to cancel. They sent me a message saying my order had already shipped and they couldn't cancel it. Meanwhile, two days later, I get another email saying that my order actually shipped and was on the way to me. So basically, when they told me I couldn't cancel because my order shipped, that wasn't true... they just wouldn't let me cancel. I'm not even sure why they have a "cancel order" button, because clearly, they have no intention of ever letting you cancel an order.

I looked into returning them once they are delivered and they told me it would cost me over $20 in shipping to send it back. So I get to lose out on $20 for nightstands I don't want and tried to cancel immediately after ordering. I was planning on ordering new nightstands from Wayfair if my cancellation went through but I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere!!

There is a glitch in their system (a Wayfair employee acknowledged this 'glitch') that causes inaccurate pricing. When I made an online purchase CAD prices were shown online; however, my credit card was charged in USD resulting in almost $1000 difference for this one order. When raised to their customer advocacy group they did not resolve, nor did they acknowledge the technical issue. As a consumer this is deeply concerning and this needs to be fixed so future purchases can be made based on accurate pricing information. $1000 is a lot of money to a consumer and significantly impacts purchasing decisions.

I am not impressed with the customer service, they made me feel like I did something wrong and worse they didn't acknowledge the issue to fix it. I expected to pay the amount shown at the time of purchase and was shocked to find I got charged exchange when the prices showing were in CAD funds. The US facing and CAD facing sites are linked and my cart items get transferred between the two. It is not my job as a consumer to distinguish where I am on their site but I feel it is their job to honour pricing they list. I hope this gets fixed.

We ordered a hot tub on 4/12. Super easy! Received information saying it would be in processing for up to 10 days and would ship in 1-4 weeks. Received an email 4/29 saying it shipped with a tracking # that did not work. Called, chatted and emailed with no success on possible delivery. Received a phone call on 5/9, saying they were in my driveway, which was supposed to be scheduled delivery?

I started buying from Wayfair in 2015. Loved it. The prices were good. Shipping was usually included and I was impressed with the quality of what I received. I own a small business and wanted a few of one item so that I could sell them to increase what I had available and Wayfair was great, set me up with a business account and everything in 2016. They had great customer service. And then, the prices got higher, and higher so that what they consider their wholesale prices are higher than what I can buy the same item for retail, or at the very least equal to the price.

I called my account manager who is suppose to be there for everything for a business account and never got a call back, so I tried again. Finally on April 6, I sent him an email which he has never responded to. It’s May 9th so I guess their customer service has also gone away. Very disappointed, that it’s is no longer a place where I can afford to shop.

I found a table I wanted to purchase that I had been tracking for a month - finally Wayfair showed a sales price of $3900 - a great price. It was out of stock and the website (instead of allowing you to purchase) requires you to request an email to advise you when the item is back in stock. So I did that. A few days later they sent me an email saying it was back in stock. I immediately went back online to buy but now the price was $1000 higher!

Called customer service and they said there was nothing they could do. Bogus. I could of bought elsewhere for a better price the day it went on sale at Wayfair but they had a price about $400 cheaper so I waited. Now everyone has gone up to Wayfair's new higher price. I feel as if Wayfair ran out and then purposefully set a lower price to make sure they wouldn't lose sales to other sites and then raised retails as soon as it was back in stock. Of course all these sites scrape each other so they followed the retails of Wayfair.

Wayfair has a wide range of a variety to choose from and we're satisfied with the quality and cost of their items. Also, their online ordering process was excellent. I just used my smartphone to do the ordering. It's straightforward and I like it.

I ordered a beautiful couch on March 19th and still haven't received delivery of my couch. I finally received a call to have it delivered, set up a date for delivery, and received a phone call the morning delivery was expected that the delivery truck had been in an accident and would be unable to deliver. I was told they'd call me back to reschedule and now 4 days later, I've still not received a callback about delivery now almost 2 months after my original order. VERY DISAPPOINTED!! Considering cancelling my order.

I ordered a bed and dresser through White Glove Service. They came on delivery day on time. However, the delivery guys only had a fraction of the bedframe with them so they couldn't set up the bed and they were unable to find my dresser even though I had received confirmation that both were being delivered. I called Wayfair and they confirmed they ordered all the replacement pieces. I slept on the floor for almost 2 weeks while it took them to reorder because they said they couldn't place a rush on shipping. They dumped the replacement bed parts at the front of my building when I was at work (I live in the city). When I had paid for White Glove Delivery and I had to carry the heavy bedframe by myself. They then took a few days for someone to come set up the bed. The guy they sent to assemble the bed was 2 hours late arriving and didn't leave my place until 8:30 pm on a Friday night when I had company over.

Also, a week after original delivery I hadn't received notification that the dresser was reordered. I contacted Wayfair and the woman that was on my account told me that she forgot to reorder the dresser because she went on vacation. It's now 5 weeks after the original delivery was supposed to occur and I still don't have a dresser and all my clothes are scattered on the floor. Wayfair can't give me a timeline of when it will be delivered. They have given me a slight discount on the furniture for my "inconvenience" but it was not even close to covering the hassle that I've had to put up with. I wouldn't recommend ordering anything from them.

I was not impressed with the purchase of this End Table. The finish on this Table was poorly done, smears and discolor of the stain they use. I have bought many things from Wayfair but table was not to my satisfaction and the price was too much for the quality of this table.

I've been shopping online for over 20 years and I love the variety Wayfair offers. It’s almost dangerous, but in a good way. Also, their free shipping and the ease of shopping is a plus. It's about finding what I want and need for my house. If it's on sale, great. I love that, but I buy because I need it and not because it’s on sale. I've gotten quite a number of things from them, including photo albums, living room and family room chairs and a coffee table that everyone compliments me on.

Last January 2016, I was expecting an end table and it happened to be when we were hit with a snow blizzard and had over 20 inches of snow. My house was only about two or three months old then, so GPS takes people past it. My package was delivered to a neighbor who has the same numbered house but on a very different street that doesn't even sound like my street name. She called Wayfair and they let me know that the package has been delivered to the neighborhood and that the person who received it was willing to bring it to my house once we could get out of our respective homes. That's exactly what happened, but had Wayfair not made the connection, who knows what would have happened. That was a very positive thing and I've recommended them to a number of people.

I purchased (paid for) a product in April 2017. I finally canceled my order today (May 8) and expect a full refund. Wayfair.com does not have the product but took my money and strung me along for months, telling me all the while that it's just a delay and that it would ship soon. After missing 5 consecutive shipping dates as promised by their staff, I canceled. This disaster has set me back in multiple ways. I won't ever buy anything from Wayfair.com again. Most of their and even tried to help, but a business model that allows for this sort of thing is absurd and they should fire their inventory manager. Even if this was the manufacturer's fault, why is Wayfair listing products the mfg can't provide? I looked today and Wayfair.com says they have 5 of this same product IN STOCK. That's a flat out lie. They want you to pay for it, then hope you don't get pissed like me and cancel.

I ordered 2 of the Lillian White Headboard & Footboard Beds. Nowhere was it noted that you had to order special rails, slats for these beds to be put together. So after receiving, I called Wayfair and spoke to a gentlemen who said he would place my order. I received them and they were the wrong size. So once again, I contacted Wayfair. This time I "chatted" with Lalani **. She was amazing at making sure I got the right rails/slats for these beds. She even made sure they were the right size and color. Lalani ** is the perfect example of excellent customer service. I can't thank her enough for going out of her way to check the warehouse, to ask questions, and to follow up on my delivery!! Thank you Lalani **.

I ordered $1600 worth of tiling from Wayfair on the 10th of April. It was scheduled to be delivered by the end of April. When I called on May 4th to inquire into where in the world my package was, I was informed that they lost my package. How in the world do you lose $1600 worth of tiling?!? When I asked them to give me the tracking number, I was then told that the tracking number on the package was incorrect. I AM PISSED!!! I'm still waiting for a resolution.

I got in with Wayfair about six years ago. I ran across this company on the internet because I had been buying off the internet for some time. Buying off the internet is good for me instead of going outside with those crazy crowds. I can't say enough good words about Wayfair. Their site is the most wonderful thing that I've ever came across on the internet.

Ever since I found Wayfair, I have used them. I have ordered from them several times. I buy from them at Christmas all the time and I get my grandchildren’s toys from there. I even ordered my grandson a desk and a chair that are so fantastic. On the open market, these would've cost me a couple of $1,000. I’ve had other things from Wayfair, too, like some bedspreads and other stuff for the bedroom.

I'm very selective about the stuff that I buy from Wayfair, and I only get good quality stuff. When I’m ordering online, I'm very particular and the items that I order have got to be neat and attractive, and catch my attention. I'm used to good stuff. My mother had an eye for very good quality stuff. I also like good quality, and if I want something, I'm going to save money for it and wait until I see what I want. My daughter-in-law also buys from Wayfair and she has fantastic taste, too. She’s an interior decorator and her grandfather owns half of Lafayette, Louisiana, so she’s used to good stuff and the good life. So, I was not surprised when she told me that she also buys from Wayfair.

Wayfair’s furniture is wonderful. I can talk about the furniture that Wayfair is selling more than I can anything because that's what I buy from them. Their products might be a little expensive, but I'm glad to pay because they offer half the price of what the furniture costs locally. I shop from Wayfair for furniture because they carry good, brand-name stuff, and I'm familiar with brand-name stuff. They have very first grade plus furniture.

Wayfair carries top brands like Ashley furniture that I’ve got in my house. When Wayfair put an Ashley buffet on sale, I got it for half the price, and that was fantastic. I had to wait a month for the delivery of my purchase, but I didn't mind waiting. The local furniture store here had the same buffet, but they wanted $1,500 for it. Ashley is a leading furniture company in the United States, and they can be selling a piece of furniture for $1,200, but the little company that's selling it is going to tack on $400 more. I got a huge, round oak table from the local furniture store that cost me more than twice what I paid for that buffet because we're in a small town with only 7,700 people, and they can charge what they want. But they’ll do that without me from now on because I’ve now got Wayfair to shop with.

I wish Wayfair was closer to me, but they’re not, and so whenever buy an item from them, I’m going to have to wait about a month to get it. But that’s fine with me and gives me something to look forward to. They have called me before to ask about the shipping, and I told them to ship my purchase to my residence. It takes from four to six weeks for their stuff to get to me because they’re on the West Coast, and so I just sit back and wait for my purchase.

Wayfair has been very helpful and good with the information that I was asking when I was ordering online from them. I asked a lot of questions and got good answers. If I didn’t, then I wouldn’t place an order with them. I’ve spoken with several of their managers in buying different pieces of furniture from them, and I asked to speak with somebody that could help me make a decision on what I was contemplating on purchasing. When I first looked at the buffet, it seemed to be so familiar and I liked it. I kept going back to the internet and looking at it. I told the Wayfair rep, “I’ve got an advertisement of this buffet in the email. May I speak with a manager that can tell me something about it?”

When I bought the buffet and it got here, it perfectly matched my breakfast room furniture. I had already bought from the local store the Ashley breakfast table and chairs to go into my new house, and the buffet that I got from Wayfair turned out to also be from Ashley. It took three men to bring the buffet into my house, and that shows that it’s heavy-duty furniture, and not like some flimsy thing that you get at Walmart. I had looked for three or four years before I ever got a buffet to match my breakfast room because the Rush furniture store here in Oakdale only carries some pieces of Ashley furniture and not a whole room of furniture.

Before my furniture purchase leaves the store, I ask if there’s any part of it that needs to be put together. I might have to pay $50 extra for them to bring it into my house and put it together. Wayfair offers that service, and I’m willing to pay for it, because my husband’s dead and I have nobody here to help me out. When I was still working, I had to take off from work to get some carpenter here in town to put the item together. But this way, the truck drivers put the item together for me because they have been paid for that, and I have my receipt and they have theirs.

Wayfair is a lovely company and I love them. They’re wonderful and really good, and I have very good vibes about them. I am very happy that I found Wayfair. I will continue buying from them because the quality of their goods is so fantastic. In fact, I just got a brochure from them last week about some stuff that they have on sale.

As usual, Wayfair delivers again! My conversation set was VERY easy to put together and I did it in about 2 hours. Friends and family have already complimented me on how nice it looks on my deck. Love it!

I am so disappointed in Wayfair and the delivery service team. We paid "white glove" delivery but the delivery guy lied to me when I asked him about the rails and slats. I mention to him that the bed needs to have the rails and slats right? He said no, all I needed is to purchase the box spring then put the mattress on. But later my husband told me that there should be slats/rails to support the mattress. I cannot believed I was lied to. I called him back (the delivery guy) and he said he will call me back and he never did. Before the incident, I even tipped each of them $15 for each man (total $30) for their service. But then later found out that I was being lied and that the bed is not even finished.

As for the Wayfair agent that handled this case, she told me that she will contact me back no later than Friday, May 5 but she never did. I even wrote her an email and she never response back. This is the most horrible experience. Now, my son can't even sleep on the bed. He is sleeping on the floor because we just moved into the new house and the bed we did purchased has no rails/slats so he cannot sleep on it. He is sleeping on the mattress that was put on the floor. This is ridiculous that the agent that I spoke to on the phone said she will contact me no later than Friday, May 5th after they do a dock search at the local delivery place but she never contact me whatsoever. I spend more than 3 grands on this customized bed. See attachments of how the "white glove" delivery put my bed together and it has been a long week and no one contact me at all.

I initially chose Wayfair for the price. I used the app when ordering. It popped up, I opened it and used it. I was able to get all the information in, like my name and address, and then it was recorded for good. It's a lot easier to always cross-reference everything within Wayfair and equally better than I would go there. There was a couple of times that I interacted with their reps and it has always been good service. In general, it was very positive.

I found Wayfair's website when we were shopping for a couch. We had looked in a lot a lot of different places and we liked what they had so I ordered it. Ordering was easy. Also, the cost was in line with what we were looking to spend. The order took a couple of weeks to get here but that was to be expected because it was two couches, a couch and a loveseat. We bought a bed from them too. I have bought a couple more things from them and for the most part, they're excellent. I got a coffee table from them that was damaged. I called them about it and they said, “No problem, we'll send you a new one.” I bought an umbrella for the patio and it was also broken. Again, they said, “No problem, we'll send you a new one.” They were back here in two days so I'm very happy with their customer service. It's been a very good experience for everything that we’ve ordered and we've been very pleased.

I placed an order for 2 sets of curtains then decided to go with something else. I tried to cancel the order seriously 5 minutes after placing the order. Wayfair sent me an email the next day saying they were unable to cancel the order. I called customer service and they were unable to help even though the items had not yet shipped. Apparently they have no way to communicate with their own warehouses. Very frustrating. I ended up having to pay $15 to return items that I did not want.

I like Wayfair products and know that I can depend on good quality merchandise. The same is true for customer service. I recently ordered and received a white faux wicker armchair. It is comfortable, sturdy and exceptional quality for the price. I really got a true bargain.

Wayfair was pretty good but it seems like in some items, it was hard to find a set if you wanted to buy one. You could go out to Joss & Main, which is one of their other stores and you could get the set that you can't find on Wayfair. But I get the emails that all say 70% off and I use those. I also have the Wayfair card and I've received some discounts using that. Although one time, I had a problem with customer service. I thought that I was going to have a discount on a product that I purchased and that it was going to be on an extended time frame.

I was under a couple of dollars and I asked them if they could possibly do something for me but they said no. I was very unhappy with that. Then, they said they would give me a 10% discount on my next purchase but I'd already spent this money and I had to pay it off. Also, I was never able to take advantage of that offer and I wasn't real pleased with that. I also found descriptions of items that were inaccurate. I notified them about it and I wish they make sure that their descriptions are absolutely accurate. But it's fairly easy to find the items you're looking for.

I recently ordered a console table. Very decent priced however they sent the wrong item. I called customer service. A lady named Robin answered my call. I told her I received the wrong item. She first told me I have to hold on to this item for two weeks till the vendor contacts me. I explained to her I live in a studio apartment in new york city. Having a big box front of my bed is really inconvenience for me.

Then she went ahead, gave me another option that UPS will pick up the package but they can't give me the time of pick up. Again I explained to her I have a full time job and I am 8 months pregnant. It's impossible for me to carry the item from my room to the front of my door. I didn't have help and I am only home till 3 pm since I work in the evening.

Then she went ahead questioned me aren't I married?? That's none of her Business. Questioning don't I have friends, family. Very rude. She has no right to question a persons circumstances. Customers services agent kept saying, "You can't get free things". I was never asking for free item. I want the item I ordered and didn't want extra hassles. Also didn't want to be stuck with a big box and having to carry it to the door every day hoping UPS will pick up that day. I can't leave it front of my door overnight. It's not safe. I live in a apartment building.

She continued to argue with me. No apology! Wayfair sent me an email today from another agent saying UPS will pick up the item but I have to have boxed correctly etc... Again no apology. Nothing mentioned. Wayfair made the mistake. Why as customer I have to do their work and get questioned about my personal life. This is the worst service I have received. I will never ever order anything from this site again!

We have ordered three times from Wayfair, with our last being the best. We ordered a couch that was exactly what we wanted at a good price. We forgot to request that it be delivered to a designated room. So, the day prior to delivery, we requested the service. On the day of delivery, the truck delivery people had no record of the request, but were gracious completing the delivery to the designated room without charge. Repeated positive experiences.

I am from STILL sitting here after my 4-hour window waiting for my couch delivery. So I called them to see if they were able to get in touch with the delivery drivers and they said their system is down and cannot track anything. What kind of company doesn't have a direct access to their delivery men in the event that something like this occurs. Cameo (the customer service agent) was completely helpless, and couldn't offer me any sort of assistance on what to do. The delivery men are supposed to call a half hour before arrival and I also never received that call. This company is a huge waste of my time. Order from a company that is established, timely, and professional, it will save you a day of missed work and stress.

Wayfair Company Profile