3.1/5 (897 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Top Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Verified

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and...

Verified

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date ...

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
  • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
  • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
  • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
  • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
  • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
  • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
Is Wayfair a reliable website?
The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
Is Wayfair good quality?
Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Ordering an expensive chair online without seeing and touching it was a bit scary. They had exactly what my wife was looking for and at a reasonable price. We ordered it and received it within a week. The packing was excellent, and the speed of delivery was great. The workmanship of the chair was also fantastic. I was quite Leery about getting it online, but I am pleased and happy with our new chair.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

My experience with Wayfair was amazing. The furniture I purchased was beautiful, affordable and good quality which was delivered fast but my appreciation for this company is their outstanding customer service. If not better but at least as good as Costco and Amazon. Thank you Wayfair for your great service

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I bought a rug and living room table, both on sale and very reasonable for a retired senior. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong size and then they replaced it, but the color was the wrong one. When I told them how much I had to pay for the help to put the rugs down, move furniture and help with the packaging for the returns, they deducted all that from the rug price. The rug is beautiful and so is the table. There is never a problem with Wayfair about returns. Each time I've called with a problem, the CS Rep goes above and beyond to resolve it, staying on until the problem is resolved. Yes, some of their products are not on a par with Ethan Allen or other high-priced furniture stores, but these items are sturdy, well-made and will last, and are very beautiful. Another good thing with Wayfair is the large selection for every type of furniture. I shopped until I found what I wanted.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The materials and diagram-based instructions are great. I would have given them 5 points but for one serious defect: They tried to cut costs by providing a soft aluminum square Allen wrench that warped and was unusable before even finishing half the assembly. I had to go buy an iron wrench to complete the assembly. If they replace the Allen wrench with an iron one, this would be a really great deal.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I love Wayfair and have never been disappointed with any orders that I have placed. Excellent quality and excellent customer service! Will definitely continue shopping from Wayfair. Highly recommended!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

We just want to let people know that if want to order from Wayfair be careful. We had our delivery scheduled for a couch and loveseat on January 10th. I took the day off work and waited 12hrs for delivery as that was the delivery window. No call, email or text. Straight no-show. Then I received a message on January 17th saying the delivery would be January 18. With the short notice I called and asked for a later date. Was told they could deliver on January 20th. Called for verification and was told it was moved to January 22nd. I contacted Wayfair and tried to get a new confirmation date and they canceled our order. That was after offering us a 15% discount for our inconvenience. Then they only returned the original price causing us to lose a discount of over $500. Customer service said I canceled the order which is total a lie. All we wanted was a confirmation of delivery. Will never order or recommend Wayfair to anyone. They are crooks.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I paid for three items. 2 came in damaged, did everything they asked and then wanted me to return the items, then if they feel the items are that bad even after pictures sent they might return my money, then they said if I get the refund I can repurchase them. Now they are on sale as well and wouldn't even offer me the sale price, I will never ever buy from Wayfair again, purchased a desk for over $600 and it's a piece of friggin garbage.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I'm a business customer and placed a large order of several furniture items with Wayfair. Many of the items arrived damaged or defective. I contacted Support and was told a team member would get back with me within 24 hours to help me. Five days later, I finally heard from someone at Wayfair, and they wanted me to box up the large furniture items and ship them back. By this point, I had given up on receiving a response from Wayfair and repaired the items myself, so I asked for a discount instead. They agreed to a 5% discount (you read that right — 5%). Not impressed at all. I'll be looking for a different vendor that's more responsive and who can deliver items in good condition.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I have bought several pieces of furniture from Wayfair.

1. I bought a washer and dryer combo. Instead of getting that I received a twin tub washer. I called and let them know. I had to pay the shipping fee for it to be returned.
    2. I bought a lift top coffee table, and it was damaged and some of the hardware was not there. I called to let them know instead of having me return it they sent me another one.
    3. I bought a dresser from them and again it was damaged and most of the hardware was not there. We managed to get it together. I went to open the drawer last week and the front part of the top dresser door fell off and the hardware had fallen off, the same thing is happening to the rest of the dresser drawers.

4. I bought myself a matching nightstand and I am just waiting for something to happen with that.

Wayfair does not back up their warranty and refund. Personally, they should give everyone that has ordered from them the full amount they had paid for it. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM BOTH WAYFAIR & OVERSTOCK. THEY are scamming and ripping people off.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Hello, I purchased a Bathroom Vanity from Fairway Canada, and they confirmed deliver of Jan.9/23, b/w 1-5 p.m. So we took the afternoon off and waited for the delivery. We received texts throughout day, providing status of the delivery. We then received a text stating that they were going to be late, and then another text telling us that they were now 10 minutes away (fine, no issue here). We then received a message around 6:00 p.m. telling us that they were no longer able to deliver that night. I called Customer Support and argued with them. During our argument, the lady slammed the phone in my face. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR. We then called back and were told that there were no delivery dates available, NOT Tuesday NOR or Wednesday, and we would now have to wait until Thursday to have this delivered. They stated that Transport Canada will not allow their trucks on the road after a certain amount of hours.

Their drivers texted and said they couldn't deliver, because their truck broke down??? What a clown-show, The 2nd c/s rep., then told us that if we were not happy with this purchase, we can gladly return it, at our cost. We have to pay shipping/handling. Has anyone returned a heavy item before (by courier), well I have!! I tried to return a Home Printer, which was nowhere as heavy as the Vanity, and the the courier charge, was almost as much as the printer, itself. This is a little trick that Wayfair employs, when you are unhappy with them, and want to return the item. Absolutely deplorable! DO NOT buy from this online retailer. Do your homework and read all the "REAL" reviews, skip the fake ones on their sites!!!!

Wayfair Company Information