3.5/5 (3832 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Top Wayfair Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and...

Verified

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date ...

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
  • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
  • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
  • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
  • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
  • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
  • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
Is Wayfair a reliable website?
The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
Is Wayfair good quality?
Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

WAYFAIR!! I love the affair we’ve maintained!! Your app is super easy to shop with, and your customer service is phenomenal!!!! I have been blown away by the way you have handled a couple of shipments I ordered lightly. All the products are super great quality! But what really impressed me was the remedy you provided when an order was not tracking from UPS. Not only did you send me a 2nd shipment of the item I ordered, but when I ordered patio furniture and two pieces were damaged ~~ you immediately sent the replacement parts! AND you actually sent more parts than I needed! I appreciate your generosity so much! When I discovered that I had an extra shipment I called and your customer service was so lovely about making things right. You told me to go ahead and keep the second shipment for all of the trouble I had when I placed an order in April that was out of stock. WOW!!

You also sent me an apology email with a coupon for 10% off my next order AND $20 off coupon as well!! NO company treats customers like this! THANK YOU!!

It’s also wonderfully convenient that I can call on a weekend night and Customer Service is available! I am WOWED by you, WAYFAIR!!!! I think your prices are quite reasonable and the only issue I have is staying on your app toooo long! The one thing that could use some improvement ~~ if someone orders an item and they don’t get it because it's out of stock, it would be nice to let the customer know.  Super happy with you and I foresee a very lengthy relationship between us!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I found the model and size I was looking for, at a very reasonable price. The quality is also very good. It requires assembly but the instructions are very clear and the task is straightforward. I was looking for a very special item since it is for an office with reduced space. Before buying it, I checked the furniture stores in my area and found that they do not carry armless couches. (One only model that I found was a lot more expensive than the one I bought at WayFair.) I had to call customer service for an issue related to delivery. I was very impressed by the quality of the customer service: talking to an actual person, DeVonne, who was very kind and helpful; a one of kind experience.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2021

I ordered the Zayne Standard Bed for my bedroom a week ago from Wayfair and I'm actually realizing that how it feels to sleep on a high quality bed. My sleep is turned out to be healthy and a lot easier than before. There's no irritating sounds that old used beds make. Moreover the design is so attractive it is perfectly blended with my room's colour and design.

I'm 100% satisfied with the bed quality and design that Wayfair is providing. In addition, I also received free 2 day shipping offer too. I got the bed delivered at my doorstep in just 2 days for FREE! Can you imagine that such heavy objects are delivered to my house totally free of cost. The people that delivered the bed also set it up in my bedroom. I didn't need to call anyone else to set it up in my bedroom. I have experienced the best services from Wayfair that their people are so cooperative and hard working. And most importantly I was able to grab great discount on my order online via this site, **. Who wouldn't like to save on their spendings. I got 10% off on my order through this website. I copied the code and simply pasted it in the checkout. I would recommend to shop from Wayfair because they got best products and best services with great discounts available online.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I ordered an adjustable sofa from Wayfair for $389, while still waiting for delivery, the price of the item dropped to $289. I called Wayfair and asked them to do a price adjustment since I haven't received the item yet. They said they don't do that and it was against their policy. I was shocked because all their comparators do price adjustment when item goes on sale within 30 days. Customer service rep recommended to cancel item and for me to reorder it, she placed me on hold for 30 minutes then hung up. I got an email confirmation that the item was canceled but I was charged $160 handling fees, rep never mentioned that there is a fee. Just horrible experience, I'm going to delete my account and will tell all my family and friends about the bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I purchased a large furniture item, the stitching was off and there was a rip at the bottom. I was unhappy and wanted a refund. I went online the day that it arrived at my home and went through the quick and easy return. I uploaded pictures of the issue, and in moments they refunded my money. I was not asked to return the item! It was not what I wanted, and I don't have space for two in my home. I am a teacher and was able to donate it to one of my former students who is just starting out in her new place. This was so meaningful to me, and her! I can't say enough about how generous this was, not greedy and wasteful. I will for sure be shopping with Wayfair again, I am truly impressed.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

I've purchased items from Wayfair in the past and had great success. Overall, my experience had been positive, so I had no reservations about placing another order for several thousand dollars worth of furniture. I placed the recent order a month ago, they charged my credit card 3 weeks ago, and as of now the product is still not shipped. I've contacted customer service and they initially responded saying that it should be arriving soon, but the website is telling me it's still not shipped, and they seemed to have stopped responding to my emails. Not sure the best way to proceed. Very disappointed. If they respond to my emails and knock my socks off with great customer service, I will be sure to report back. Crossing my fingers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

On January 1st 2021 we ordered a couch, that was said to be delivered March 29. On January 9 (today) we tried to cancel it because after measuring the space, we realized it won't fit as we would like it to. We called to cancel the order, and she basically said we're stuck with the couch because it's a "made to order" policy on this particular couch. Her tone was extremely rude, she was coughing and slurping on something, and the entire experience just gave me a knot in my stomach.

From a consumer standpoint, I don't know what "made to order" means on the check out page. It should say in large letters, "non-refundable"... "cannot return this"... so that the customer knows what they're getting themselves into. We'll be hearing in 72 hours about the refund status but I have to say, we didn't order from the manufacturer, we ordered from Wayfair. And they should be able to issue the refund and cancel the order without any hassle (given that it's only been a week since we ordered it) and without waiting to hear back from the manufacturer.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Wayfair is a bunch of scammers, in my opinion. They will promise you a delivery by X date, will charge you more for it, and then won't deliver. What am I even paying for? And when it does arrive, parts are often missing or broken. Don't order from Wayfair. Just stick with Amazon or Ikea or your local furniture store. At least then the customer service will help you.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

False/Incorrect description on a listing purchased. No response from Wayfair. Hello. Bought a chair from Wayfair as a Xmas present for my son. Chair was advertised with adjustable arms and a vibration feature. The chair that came in did not have any of these features. It is a good quality chair, but I paid more for this because of the advertised features that were not present.

Contacted Wayfair and they told me they have to research this. I tried to return this chair with no response from Wayfair. Finally I get a response that they have revised their listing on their website, but still no answer on the incorrect product they provided. This has been over 2 weeks now and despite numerous emails and "chats" with them, I still have a chair that I did not order due to the incorrect/false advertising on their part.

Beware of the listings on Wayfair. This is the 2nd time I have dealt with them and had problems due to incorrect/false information provided in the item description. At this point there is nothing I can do. The chair I have is NOT what I ordered and they stopped responding to me concerning a return of this incorrect product. Stay away from this company. If something goes wrong, they are nowhere to be found and will ghost you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

Beware buying from this retailer. If you buy anything, you won't be able to cancel the order -- even if you try to cancel the purchase within 24 hours of making the purchase. Why? Because they hope you will ultimately take the merchandise. But if you want to return the item, you have to pay for shipping. This is an incredibly ridiculous policy. So, don't accept the delivery and make sure you have your credit card company refuse the charge.

Wayfair Company Information