1.66/5
Based on 255 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

4109 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

I ordered a Kitchen Pantry from Wayfair, it shipped the same day and arrived in two days. There were missing parts, that forced the professional installer to pile the parts in my kitchen. I contacted Wayfair and the best they could offer was shipping their missing parts in three weeks. When they have your money, the service is ZERO. I recommend you use any other vendor. And when you read the other comments about Wayfair, you will be further warned!

Original review: June 21, 2018

After waiting for a month for my patio furniture, they tell me that it is lost from the truck. They never contacted me by phone or email telling me of the problem. This was after assuring me that they would contact me. I had to call them to get the information. I was assured that the lack of confirmation was unusual but I doubt their veracity. They had my money for the month so I thought they should give me the interest that they gained using my money. But of course they refused. Customer Relations stink.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

After spending Days deciding which Area Rug(s) we wanted to purchase, we finally got online to place our order. Got our confirmation and 10 seconds later, got notice that the order was Cancelled. I called - they said it was because my Shipping address is different than my Billing address. This is True - I have a seasonal home and the rest of the time we are in the RV... So we use a mail service address for our Billing issues. NOBODY has ever had a problem with this. SO, I was advised to wait until my credit was issued on my card from them, and try again.

SO I wait until I have my credit, I CALL to place the order... After going thru the entire process, they then tell me that my account is Noted with "Tell customer to update address on credit card to the shipping address... Otherwise she cannot order". OKEY DOKEY. Lost my business. It's not ME who needs to change my address - It's YOU who needs to change your policy. This also means NOBODY can GIFT anybody with a mail order from them either... Unless they live right next door. Ridiculous. Once they got an explanation from me, they should have been FINE with it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I love Wayfair -- never had a problem with the Canadian site. In the past month I've ordered 4 items for my house, ranging from 2 chairs to 28 cabinet handles. With the first 3 orders, everything arrived on time in mint condition. Great prices and great convenience. With my 4th order, the drilled holes in the pulls were not quite as advertised so I could not use them. I made a phone call, an engaged human voice answered, and my refund/return was processed in a matter of minutes. I see that a few people have been disappointed by Wayfair but I wanted to write that my experience has been uniformly excellent.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I wish I could give Wayfair zero stars. I'm a first time buyer and it will most definitely be the last. Do not waste your time or money. I am redoing my living room. I ordered a sleeper sectional and an accent chair. Spent almost 2 thousand dollars. When the sleeper sectional was delivered, only half of it showed up. The delivery guys were less than helpful and also very rude. I called to report that only half of it was delivered. After numerous phone calls and emails for 2 weeks now, the problem is still not resolved.

I was told a hundred different things by several different customer service representatives. No one knows what happened and no one could fix the issue. I was more than willing to give Wayfair a fair shot, I understand that stuff happens, but enough is enough. This has been nothing but a nightmare and it is seriously upsetting. I am going to cancel everything, get my money back and take my business elsewhere. Never buying from Wayfair again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Why my order was cancel after 2 day. I bought in this store 3 times and now I have a terrible experience. I wanna my item. Please, send me a dining set. You can't sell a item if you don´t have in stock. It is a disappoint. I hope you solve my problem and send me a stuff. See the answer the customer service: "I am so sorry that your order has been canceled. The Brayden Studio Ginsburg 7 piece Dining Set is currently out of stock at the clearance price. I am very sorry for the confusion. I am more than happy to help you find another dining set that will be perfect for you though. What about this set stuck out to you? I look forward to hearing back from you. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for shopping with Wayfair.com."

Original review: June 11, 2018

I’ve purchased 11 products from the Canadian Wayfair website. In two instances I’ve had what I would term as minor issues. One product was dented when we received it and a brand new replacements was shipped in 24 hours. The second product broke the first time I used it. (Poorly constructed welds broke). I provided a couple of pictures and had my money refunded within 24 hours. I received confirmations automatically and then a personally written note apologizing within hours. The refund was deposited immediately to my account, amazing.

Original review: June 11, 2018

First time customer. Ordered a console, and a matching coffee table & two end tables. Order notification stated 2 items shipped... but the quantity for the shipped order says the coffee table AND both end tables shipped (3 items). I only get one end table upon delivery so I call & politely complain. They arrange to ship me another one and give me a 10% refund on the two end tables. I'm like ok, that's not ideal but it's acceptable. I thought "at least they have decent customer service". The very next day I get an email saying it's back-ordered.

Now I have no idea when or if I'll get the table that WAS IN STOCK WHEN I ORDERED IT. And if I don't end up getting it I'll have a bunch of living room furniture that DOESN'T MATCH. :( I feel like I wasted my time and money spending with Wayfair. I run a shipping department so I'm usually really understanding of logistical issues... but the customer service rep "Justin" should have told me it was backordered or made sure my order shipped before they sold more to someone else.

Original review: June 9, 2018

When shopping online for a file cabinet, I clicked on a link for Wayfair. Their webpage shows up, however there is a sign-up window right in the middle of the page. I was not able to even view any products without providing them with my email. But, of course, it says I can opt-out at any time. So, after reading some of the other reviews about Wayfair, this was probably a blessing in disguise. I won't shop at Wayfair.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Ordered two end tables and a dresser. Were to be delivered on the 14th of June (originally they said the 6th... then the 18th... then the 14th). Came home Wednesday to find the end tables near my front door (one on its side and the other upside down). Luckily there was no damage inside. However, the tops of the tables had stains... what looked like someone had accidentally had turpentine on a dust rag.

Wayfair apologized and said they'd send me two more... I didn't want two more stained end tables (or a stained dresser... which hadn't been delivered yet) so I cancelled the entire order (except for the fan I had also purchased). I asked how I was to return the end tables. They said in an e-mail, "Donate them or dispose of them." Then sent an e-mail saying they were refunding $224.48 of my original $743.38. WHAT? They have still not explained why they are not refunding the entire amount... but I see that $127.73 was deducted for "return shipping" which isn't happening since they told me to throw the items away. While the e-mails I do receive are pleasant... they are unresponsive to any question I ask about the refund. Will NEVER use them to buy anything ever again. Will update the review when this is settled.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We bought this spa from Wayfair 4/21/18 Mallorca 5 person spa. The first problem we run into was that when we bought a liner for our pool from Amazon is was actually sold by Wayfair so they gave us a tracking number for the spa which turned out to be the pool liner. After numerous calls to FedEx and Wayfair we figured out they gave two items the same tracking number. The spa was not even shipped till two weeks later. We paid extra for white glove delivery, which turned out the company what was going to deliver only sends 1 driver and they don’t set it up. Which after a call to Wayfair they reimburse the amount for the white glove shipping.

Before I continue I want to say the customer service was good at Wayfair, always polite, always trying to help. But due to the item we bought it just did not work out. After we got the hot tub to our deck, had it hooked up by a licensed electrician the tub would only work on low speed. So we called Wayfair. They contacted Passion Spa. They wanted to talk to the electrician, so we had to pay again for him to come to our house and talk to Passion Spa. They told him they had the wrong wiring harness diagram on our spa, and it probably burned out the pump. They promised to send the pump before Memorial Day on Wayfair insistent to mail as soon as possible.

Pump did come till 31 May after repeated calls from Wayfair to Passion Spa. The pump arrived damaged (not packed well) this item was very heavy. We were told that they had mailed it out before but UPS contacted them saying the package got damaged in shipping and they wanted to check the pump before they would send us the SAME pump that got damaged during shipping. Again we had to pay our electrician to install this pump. This was now June 5, the hot tub spa still not working. Trying to call Passion Spa. No answer. We left several messages. They never called back. Called Wayfair again on June 5 while the electrician was still at the house. Unable to get a hold of my case manager. The spa is still not working.

Wayfair wanted to assign us another case manager. Which our case manager tried her very best, she gave us a discount and offered to pay for the cost of the electrician when he got all done. The New person I talked to stated they could send out another spa and return the one we have. There is no way we can load this spa back into a delivery truck. So after we explained the whole situation to our case manager she promised to make a few calls and then she would get back with us. We have send numerous emails. Took several pictures. At this point on June 6 we just wanted a refund.

The moral of the story is, yes we were always treated nice and polite and it did seem that they honestly tried to help. But the expensive spa still never worked. So they refunded just the original price of the spa. We were out the money for the electrician even that the spa was under 5 year warranty. They let us keep the non working spa to do with whatever and we never heard again that day June 6 from our case manager.

Let me end this with saying we had bought two other items from Wayfair without any problems. Since Wayfair did not make the spa. We don’t really blame them but it was unfortunate that they promised to pay for the electrician and after they refunded the original price, I guess they thought we can carry that bill. Lesson learned.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Wayfair has excellent customer service. I never had a problem with any order. If anything was damaged they would give me a full refund or replacement. But this time I ordered a coffee table it had two cracks in right away. They told me they will give me a refund which is excellent. But the only problem I have is I wanted to order another one but it is out of stock until August, and then it will take almost a month or more for it to get delivered. So they will be picking up the defective one and now I am here with no coffee table.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I purchased a glass table for an event that was scheduled to occur about 8 days later. I confirmed the shipping date and delivery options would ensure receipt in time for the event. FedEx first delayed the shipment and then managed to break the glass. There was still time to ship a replacement overnight and FedEx was willing to ship overnight at no extra cost. But, Wayfair simply gave me the middle finger and refused to ship the replacement out of sequence. Don't rely on Wayfair for anything you need by a specific date because they literally don't care.

Original review: June 4, 2018

The Wayfair system accepted my new shipping address when I placed the order, but changed it on its own after I did my part... correctly. Customers are held responsible for the negligence of your system? Wayfair says it’s too late because the beds are already being shipped to the address THEY entered. I have no way to get them and have to pay a return fee if I could get them? Situation is that I just bought beds for another family and I have to accept that!?!? Their system made the error not the customer.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I placed an order on May 27 2018. Got confirmation and an ETA on June 3. I noticed money was put back in my account. Called WAYFAIR then was told product is in back order, never had in stock. Was told to just cancel if I don't want to wait SO I did. Never will buy anything from this company - I asked why was it posted and confirmation was sent. Was told have to see how backed up on item - guess what? I was only person ordering so none was being held because they simply did not have.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Slowest shipping I've ever seen. Took two weeks(!!!) for the item to be shipped and even then arrived 3 days after estimated arrival time, so over 3 weeks from purchase time. For the price, not worth it considering how many online retailers are so much quicker (and not just Amazon).

Original review: June 2, 2018

I am totally disgusted with my Wayfair experience. I have purchased THOUSANDS of dollars of Wayfair product over the last several years. I purchased multiple items on May 9th 2018. Of that order, I was subsequently sent a cancellation of one item, with absolutely no explanation why. My order arrived. When I went to order more items for a spec home I was staging, my Wayfair card was denied. After some research, I discovered that I was double billed for my previous order, which was over 2K. I spoke to the Wayfair card services, and was told multiple times that their hands were tied, that the Wayfair finance department had to remove the extra charge.

I have called FOUR TIMES, and have been on the phone for HOURS trying to rectify the situation. Every time I am told that someone from the Finance Dept would be contacting me via email or phone within 24 hours. I HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK. It has been almost a month, and I have no resolution. I am so angry at this point, I feel that Wayfair should not only credit me for the mistake, but credit my account for my complete previous order. I have a timeline for this project, and now I am unable to purchase the needed items to complete the staging on time. We are not talking a small order, either. I am so fed up, I believe that I will have to contact the BBB.

Original review: June 1, 2018

We have ordered so many pieces of furniture and have LOVED the quality, price and free shipping. I ordered a huge bed frame and accidentally sent it to my son's old address on the other side of the country! Even with being totally my fault, they sent me out a new one and picked up the other bed without charging me anything. I am a fan and a loyal customer for life! Highly recommend this company!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Purchased a lingerie chest. Wayfair advised that the delivery would take 3 1/2 weeks... an unacceptable timeline. When the delivery was finally made it was left with the large boxed furniture upside down by the delivery person making it difficult for an elderly couple to unbox and place the heavy piece of furniture right side up. Additionally, on the day of the scheduled delivery they advised that it would occur between 1 pm - 5 pm. It arrived at 6:30 pm. No call, no text to advise of the delay... And their delivery office closes at 5 pm, so we were unable to reach anyone for a status report.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Last spring, we decided to re-do the living room. It began with the need to replace our hulk of an entertainment center. I decided to give Wayfair a try. We chose a media center piece at a good price and with free delivery. It arrived quickly and that night we tried to put it together. The instructions were simple to follow, but one primary piece was severely damaged. I called Wayfair and they insisted on sending out another complete unit rather than just the damaged piece. The second unit had damage. They sent a third unit, which had problems with the finish. Between the three shipments, we were able to craft one complete piece.

Deciding this was a one-time issue, we ordered a smaller recliner and a set of occasional chairs from Italy. The recliner came with a broken leg. It had been, essentially, placed in a box with very little packing (nothing to protect the legs). Now a bit suspicious, I called Wayfair. They wanted to send out a replacement. Based on the shoddy construction (leg screwed into particle wood frame), we declined and they refunded our money.

The Italian chairs took 7 weeks to arrive, which we expected because they were coming from ITALY. We chose them for their solid mahogany wood, hand carved design, and lovely fabric. When they arrived, the boxes were in perfect condition. We opened them outside to make it easier to bring the chairs inside. BOTH of them had a BROKEN leg. The packing was ridiculous. Each piece had only some thin foam wrapping to "hold" them in place and some cardboard leg protection taped onto each leg. The lack of structured packing to isolate the chairs from shipping meant that they could move inside the box, subjecting them to the bumps and drops of what included an overseas shipping process.

We called Wayfair, heartbroken. They offered to send replacements, but by this point, we had lost all confidence. We had them refund our money. Any time a Wayfair commercial comes on, we chant back to their jingle "Wayfair is just what I need." Yes, if what you need is broken furniture. One positive note: We ordered a lovely cat perch for the living room (wood with a fabric covered top). It arrived undamaged. We will NEVER order from Wayfair again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I would encourage other shoppers NOT to use Wayfair for purchasing furniture. They do have a great product range and their customer service people are well trained. However, I think they use unfair practices when dealing with customers. I have ordered through them 2 items and made payment via their website but then they told me after payment had been taken that they need authorization from my bank in order to process the order. This happened to me a few times. I spoke to their customer services based in Ireland and apparently they do this for about 10% of their customers, apparently for security reasons. I asked them why they didn't do the bank authorization as part of online transaction like all other big retailers and they didn't provide a clear answer. This is standard capability for online transactions and there is no reason why Wayfair shouldn't do the same which is fairer and more straightforward for customers.

Basically this practice allows Wayfair to take the money from your account and then delay processing your order which improves their working capital. On one item I ordered (which I had problems with over their authorisation process), they told me 2 weeks after I had ordered that the item was out of stock. Essentially they sat on my payment for 10 days before informing me the item had gone out of stock.

Whenever I have ordered from Wayfair delivery timings are delayed versus the original schedule. While the customer services team are pleasant to deal with, the Wayfair systems are designed to take your payment as quickly as possible and delay processing your order as long as possible so they can pay their suppliers as slowly as possible. I wrote to Wayfair and spoke to their management team. They may claim this is not standard practice but it is. I would avoid using this company as it is not transparent or fair with customers. I also had an issue with the way the item was delivered and the delivery men (which they sub-contract to low paid delivery workers) were not pleasant to deal with.

Original review: May 22, 2018

After 20 days of waiting for a delivery, with an initial promise date of <9 days I eventually was forced to cancel my order. As orders are through 3rd party retailers, using 3rd party delivery companies, the order tracking is useless, and the Wayfair staff (nice as they are) have no immediate information to hand, and no influence on your delivery. I will never order from them again, and recommend others not to either. I also recommend the nice staff to get a job elsewhere!

Original review: May 19, 2018

I will never buy from Wayfair again. I bought a 10 piece patio set, paid an extra $100 for full assembly and box take away. They arrived later than their scheduled window then said they didn't have time to do assembly so weren't going to do it. Didn't I pay for this service? I have had far better service from other companies that don't mess up their deliveries this way. I will never buy from Wayfair again and if I could give negative stars I could. The customer service agent who called was extremely unhelpful and hung up on me.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I bought a patio set from Wayfair. After browsing a couple hours later I found a different set I wanted to order instead. I looked to see if their cancellation policy would allow this. I would have been fine if they had a no refund policy, but it states that you can cancel items if they haven't already shipped. My order wasn't supposed to ship for another week. I submitted my cancellation about 10 hours after my initial purchase and I received an email saying they received my request and someone would get back to me to confirm whether or not it was possible. I thought that was odd because I'm guessing it's all processed by computers and it should be easy for their system to tell whether a product has shipped yet and whether a cancellation is possible.

A full 24 hours later I receive an email saying, "Wow, it's so great. Your furniture shipped much earlier than expected!" Oh and because they were just so fast in their shipping the cancellation cannot be honored. So if you want your furniture to ship faster it seems like they will gladly expedite your shipping if they want to avoid cancelling the order. Now hopefully I'm able to catch the pickup guy to return this giant box of furniture from my entryway. Instead of scheduling a pickup time they say they will send someone to try to catch you 3 times. No time frames, estimated window, scheduling... They better catch me because I can't even move the box out to the entryway. It's too heavy and giant.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I ordered a credenza desk and writing desk for $1800. I ordered it so it would come in on time. I am going to be a home based agent for a National Company and need the products I ORDERED. I have the writing desk but not the credenza. It was suppose to be 5/15/18 it would be delivers. It is now 5/18/18 and their customer service could only tell me that they can't help because of the shipper. What kind of service is this. This is crap.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I ordered a sectional (open box) for less than half the original price. I called first to confirm, as it seemed low to me, even for open box. I was told by the rep that it was correct - she even confirmed with a supervisor that it was indeed for the sectional, no other product in that particular set (and there isn't anything else anyway, aside from a chair and an ottoman). It arrived 3 WEEKS later (ridiculous) and in the meantime we had gotten rid of our old living room furniture. From there it really went downhill.

Delivery guys called me 20 min before arriving (was told we would receive a 24 hour notice). And it was 8:30 pm. Who delivers that late? Seemed sketchy. Only half the sectional was on the truck. Asked where the other half was. They had no clue. Couldn't even tell me if that was indeed half the sectional or a couch (covered with plastic). Wouldn't open it or I had to accept the delivery. Seriously? Called Wayfair on the delivery guy's cell. Rep checked and no, there was no second delivery scheduled. And by the way, that item is discontinued. She got my info and rushed off, as her shift was ending. Again, seriously? Called 2x more this week to demand that I get comped for my time, poor experience, and the fact that I now had no furniture due to them. I checked the website today. It was still there - with 'NEW' plastered across the top. Thought it was discontinued?

Supervisor offered me 20% off the full price. I refused and told her I would never buy from them again and I would file a complaint with the state. Which I will, for misleading business practices. This was my first and definitely last experience with Wayfair. There's something borderline ethical about their business ops. Don't get sucked in by the cheap prices - you pay for it in time, aggravation, and poor service.

Original review: May 17, 2018

First time buying on Wayfair... probably last. Got myself a 5 pieces patio set but only got the table, they didn't know where the 4 chairs went so I waited 2 weeks for them. When they got here, only one man was working so I had to help him with the heavy box, I open the box and the 4 chairs had bended feet, looking at the box you could easily see what happen. They were not protected at all in that box. Very disappointed and I will not use this store anymore because it was VERY LONG to get the issue settle when I called and they simply didn't seem to care about their customers. I tried, but won't be fool again!

Original review: May 17, 2018

My first experience with this company will certainly be my last. I ordered 2 chairs at a specific sale price. The items were delivered. I received an invoice with the items, but without, the price listed. I received an e-mail notification. I received my bill, 37 days later, listing the regular price for the chairs, plus no 20% discount for 1st time order, as was promised. When I called to dispute, I was told no such record could be found, but they could give me a 10% discount on a future order. Well, no thank you. I will never do business with a company who practices bait & switch tactics.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I used Wayfair first in January 2017 to order tile. After my order just never showed up I called them. After lots of communication, the person discovered that for some reason the order had been "refused" at the loading dock in Austin. She didn't know why that would have been but said it's usually because it was damaged. It had been refused approximately 1 week prior to me calling but I was never notified that that is why it wasn't delivered. Nothing had been done about it. I had already waited a few weeks to get the order so now was behind. I ended up canceling the order and getting the tile through another site.

I decided to give them another go since they are easy to find products through. However, today I was supposed to have 2 items (identical) delivered and only one showed up. I received a text "Congrats your items have been delivered!" I called and the person on the phone said "Oh looks like a label was never created for that first order." Now he has assigned me a person to "look into it" and get back with me. Unfortunately, here we go again. I guess now I officially won't be ordering through them again. Coincidence? Seems like they should have it together better. I don't mind delays or problems but they don't contact the customer.

Original review: May 16, 2018

I purchased a Nature 4 ft x 8 ft D Lean-To Greenhouse from Wayfair and found the same greenhouse $200 less and Wayfair does not price match or even care if you found it cheaper. Shop before you buy anything from Wayfair as you will pay more from them. I will never purchase another item from Wayfair and I will make sure everyone I know is aware of the pricing.

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wayfair started in 2002 and is now a major e-commerce website selling home furnishings, decor and office furniture. It sells over seven million home furnishing products from over 7,000 suppliers across five distinct brands. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair operates across North America and in Europe, delivering a variety of styles at every price point.

• Something for every price point: Wayfair has something for every budget, and with seven million products to choose from, customers are guaranteed to find something they love at a price they can afford.

• 70 percent off deals: Wayfair has something new on sale for 70 percent off every day, and there’s no limit to how many deals you can score. Customers on a budget can take advantage of these deals simply by signing up for a daily email newsletter.

• Wayfair credit card: Frequent shoppers can enjoy earning points that can be used towards future purchases, along with instant savings when they sign up for a Wayfair credit card.

• Social responsibility: Wayfair’s mission is to make home a reality for people who don’t have one, and therefore partners with charities including Habitat for Humanity, Cradles to Crayons and Family Aid Boston to help build homes for people internationally and in their community.

• Idea boards: Perfect for the window shopper, Wayfair’s idea boards let you save items you love so you can have all of your favorite products, images and ideas in one place. Keep them to yourself or share them with friends and family members.

• Free and flat-rate shipping: All orders that cost $49 or more ship for free, and orders under that amount ship for a flat rate of $4.99.

• Best for: DIYers, luxury buyers and cost-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs