toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Simonny,

We truly appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re so happy to hear we were able to provide the support you needed to find the right product for your home. Thanks so much for choosing to shop with Wayfair!

Sincerely,

Wayfair.com Team

Original review: July 1, 2016

I was very pleased with the support I got from the customer support in trying to find the product I needed it. He was patient, dedicated and trying to find as many items was fitting in my request. I do love to have this attention because when you have to buy many things for your house, time is valuable in trying to find the best product with the best price. Also they have a fast delivery, and a good technology for search in their website. The system is friendly and easy to use. The entire process is good from the beginning to the end, until you receive the product at home. I do appreciate Wayfair's dedication and time spent. 5 stars customer service.

Very pleased with the customer service. Would rate Wayfair CS a notch above any other online merchant I've done business with. I had two issues, fairly minor, that were promptly and satisfactorily addressed, followed up by a phone call, 5*.

I've had a wonderful experience with Wayfair. Because I'm an interior decorator, I could get 20% off everything I order. But I have chosen not to do it that way. I've ordered several things from them and quality of their products is wonderful. I did get a chair that I had to return because it was defective. The cushion kept falling out of the chair when I'd sit in it. But they refunded all my money and didn't charge me to restock it. They took care of it immediately.

As for the ordering process, I do it over the phone and online. It was easy. They need to change something though in their website to make it easier for people. They have so many chairs listed in their website that when I scroll over, I had 7,000 chairs to go through. Because I have a bad back, I can’t sit there for three hours and look at 7,000 chairs to find the chair I was looking for. I was looking for the chair that Joanna Gaines had on her commercial for Wayfair. I never did find it because the next day when I got online, I couldn't pick up where I left off.

I ordered bathroom faucets from Wayfair for a renovation. The ordering process was easy, prices were decent, there was no charge for shipping and delivery was quick. A few months later, I accidentally broke a piece and emailed their customer service center to ask which part I should order in order to replace the part that broke. They promptly, and politely, replied back saying a replacement part had been ordered. I clarified which part broke and where and they immediately updated the order and sent an entire replacement faucet which arrived a week later. I can't thank them enough!

I went online and started looking and I liked Wayfair's prices and the whole style of it. There’s a lot more options that I could choose from versus going to furniture stores in my hometown. Customer service has always been really helpful. My end table had a mirror top and it was broken, and they worked with me and I got my new end table within two days, which was great. One thing I don’t like is I got eight different chairs for my dining room table and I paid $215 for a set of two. I’m disappointed with how poorly they’re manufactured that I feel like they’re gonna break on anybody sitting on them. I also had to put them together, which is not a problem but for how much I paid, it wasn’t worth it. Other than that, I’ve been really happy with most of the things I’ve gotten and they've been fairly good quality. I’ve ordered my kitchen nook chairs and bar stools before and I love those.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

When I came upon the 12 month no interest deal with a new Wayfair Credit Account signup - I jumped at the offer and bought $2000 worth of home furnishings. Mistake number one. This whole "No Interest" deal was a total lie - it's been 5 months and they have already charged over $400 in interest!!! When I contacted them I got ZERO answers. As for the furniture - I ordered a very pretty sofa set which came LATE. It took over 3 months to arrive - however I was making payments before it even arrived! Then once it got here it was TOO LATE to get a refund! The quality is AWFUL! This couch is only a couple months old - and it is already pilling up on the fabric and literally FALLING APART! I live ALONE without pets and barely use it - the quality is UNACCEPTABLE. Now I am stuck paying a ton of money for crap I can't give away at a yard sale. STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS SCAM COMPANY.

This by far is the worst service I have ever seen from a business. I purchased a 6 piece bedroom set it came with damage. (Liberty set). They sent someone to repair did not do very good. They have now exchanged the headboard 3 times and I have asked for someone to check this before it comes, but nobody does that. It is all a very big inconvenience for me. Delivery time is excessive for a warehouse that is in the area. This has been going on since October 28 and is still not resolved. I would not buy from Wayfair because they are not very nice to deal with and don't care about their customers. Wayfair does not realize the work involved on my end that they don't have to deal with.

Wayfair's commercials are fun to watch and that initially got me interested. Their selection was vast but wasn't too unmanageable unlike other sites like Amazon wherein there's too much. Wayfair has the right amount of inventory to look through and the number of selections to filter gave me the return that I wanted in terms of filtering through the items I wasn’t interested in. That was great. Once I made the decision to nail down my shopping cart, I decided to go for the Wayfair 12-month special financing wherein it took me to another site to finish the credit application. That was easy and straightforward. The actual ordering process was seamless as well.

But what sets Wayfair apart from some of the other folks is the company's tracking tool. It's wonderful for the level of information I'm looking for. Packages arrived quickly and Wayfair was spot-on with the estimated delivery on date and it's more than just watching the package being tracked from the storage place to my house. I got everything I wanted and in good condition, too. And, I'm not missing anything from my order unlike other places I've ordered from. I'm very satisfied with Wayfair.

Wayfair had most of the things I was looking for and I liked the reviews for the items on their website. The quality and prices of the products were fair. Their price is even cheaper than the one at the actual store. However, the delivery takes time recently. I bought items from them last month and they were delivered faster. I also have some items to return but not because there is a defect. Especially the rugs, I couldn't examine the color until I see it and generally this is not the fault of Wayfair. When I called their customer service, the information they gave me was helpful. Overall, it was a new and great experience. However, as with most of the stores I buy from, if I buy more, I should get a promotion but I didn't get any from Wayfair.

Wayfair's prices are not good. Also, they falsely advertise the price for things on the main listing of the website, then once you click on the item, or try to buy it, the price increases. Sometimes dramatically. This has happened to me frequently when browsing items that I would like to buy at Wayfair. I feel that they are dishonest in the way that they try to get people to their site. For this reason, I won't use them again.

Wayfair's online ordering process was very easy to navigate. However, I’ve spent quite a bit of money there but never get any promotions or discounts. I wish I did then I’d feel more appreciated. Then the first time I applied for financing, it rerouted me to a lender that had like a heinous credit card interest rate and I didn’t realize that it was outside. I had to cancel it all and go back in and reorder everything. But otherwise, I have not had issues with the website. Also, I was very pleased with the lady I spoke with a couple of days ago. A couple of items that arrived were not the color that was expected and she fixed the problem well.

We bought several pieces of furniture from Wayfair and we're very pleased with all the products, the quality and the ease of ordering and getting it delivered. It was extremely convenient to purchase from them.

Ordered two pie dishes that were on sale from Wayfair. I purchased these items 18 days before Thanksgiving and I still do not have my items!! This is so frustrating! Every time I call Wayfair I get a different story. I purchased the pie dishes for Thanksgiving so that I would have something to serve dessert out of, but my items did not arrive. I will never purchase anything thing from them again. It's not worth the aggravation.

I am feeling very disappointed with Wayfair on this Black Friday. I have been waiting for this one item on their website to go on sale on Black Friday. Not only the item that I have been waiting to go on sale didn't go on sale but they also jacked up the price for even more than it was originally. The worse part of it is that they are claim their product to be on "sale". How stupid Wayfair do you really think we are? Very disappointed.

I had this set in my cart and when I tried to check out they were out of stock and that more would be arrive in a couple days and they would notify me. When I was notified a couple days later that more were in stock the price had gone up. Wayfair would not honor the price of the dining set that I had placed in my cart. That tells me a lot about a company and its culture.

When I checked my Wayfair order online, it said that the shipping company didn't have a correct phone number for me to schedule the drop-off. So I called Wayfair and the guy said that they had an incorrect phone number, but the automated thing said they have found my order by my phone number. If they had the right phone number, why doesn't the shipping company have the right phone number? He told me that I should have received an email that they would schedule the delivery. I was instructed to call the company and give them the number I found in the email, so I did that.

I talked to a guy and he said that he doesn't know why it's saying that and he took my phone number. He said it had gotten me after hours like it's 7:00. When I called the delivery company the next day, the delivery company said they don't have the option to say 'could not contact'. The only option that the delivery company had is to check off saying that there's no right phone number. I was told that they only have a few options that they can choose until they said they have my phone number. So, they're trying to call me and they can't get in touch with me. But in the end, the delivery company set it all up and then delivered the sofa. I bought it for over $1300, but when I went into a local, high-end boutique in Lafayette, Louisiana, they had the exact sofa and pillows and it was just $899. It was a bummer. I could have bought a rug, or half a rug, with that difference, so that was a big hit.

I ordered a furniture from Wayfair back in the middle of October. They told me it wouldn’t get shipped out until the middle of November so that frustrated me that it’s gonna take four weeks to ship. Then it gets here then we got to putting it together and it’s broken. The damage on the furniture looked like it was damaged upon loading or at the warehouse. We called and told them that they sent us broken furniture and I wanted them to send us a new one.

When the furniture was broken, it would’ve been nice if they would’ve been like, “Garrett, we’re so sorry for the experience. Not only are we gonna send you the new furniture and we’re gonna expedite its delivery, but we’re also gonna credit you some kind of amount,” or things along those lines to make up for the inconvenience that’s been caused. Because the broken furniture took four weeks to get here, and then they’re telling me it’s gonna take another four weeks to get the replacement. So I've essentially been waiting eight weeks for furniture. They said they will hopefully send it within the next two weeks. I’m an attorney at a law firm and right now I’m the only one who doesn’t have office furniture.

I ordered fixtures for our bathroom renovation on Wayfair, a vanity sink and the shower. It was pretty intuitive to use their website. They were about the cheapest I could find so it was a good value. The ordering process was pretty simple and the shipping was quick too. It was a good experience and I was impressed. I'd use them again.

I had the hot tub in mind and when we went online to look for it, Wayfair came up. I received the tub when they said it would come, and it's great. The delivery person said they had white glove service. However, the tub had to be set up. I had help in doing this, so it's not been an issue for me, but if it had just been me, I wouldn't have known how to do some of the things that we had to do to set it up.

We bought a new house and needed some furnishing. We are new in the United States and my friend told me about the Wayfair website. I got one curtain that’s broken and the customer service replied to me immediately that they will refund it. But, I haven't got the refund yet or they haven't made me aware if it's already in my account or if I still have to wait. Other than that, all the furniture is packed very good even the very heavy dining table that’s a little bit broken when I received it but it's fine with me. It’s very easy to find the things I need and the waiting time is not too long so the purchase experience is very nice and good.

Wayfair carried the brand that we had seen as we were looking in the showroom for some furniture, that was why we selected them. It was just as cost effective as buying it directly from the showroom of the furniture carrier. Factoring in the free shipping, it was actually a little bit cheaper to get it from Wayfair. It was easy ordering online as the process is pretty straightforward. The things we've ordered have all come very quickly. They were also efficient in keeping me up to date on shipping status on when something is shipped and anticipated to arrive, and if it's a special kind of product interacting with the special trucking delivery company.

Their pricing and selections made me choose Wayfair over other retailers. The ordering process online was pretty straightforward. However I wasn't able to get any kind of discount the first time. I had looked around online and I found a coupon code, but it took me a whole lot to get to that point. It would've been nicer if I got that upfront when I was a new customer. It's also been disappointing that I haven't gotten the main things that I wanted like the bed and the nightstands since they've been on back order. I almost even canceled my order. The products are supposed to arrive today.

The chairs that we got from Wayfair had turned out good but I reached out to the customer service a few times because we ordered a dining room table and it keeps being back ordered. It was supposed to be here weeks ago and now it's not going to arrive 'til the end of November. It would be nice if the shipping days were accurate. We’re getting frustrated because we wanted it here for Thanksgiving. They weren’t able to rush ship it, but we ended up getting money off of the order. Other than that, it's good and we still go to Wayfair because of the selection they have online.

I wanted a cowhide rug for my dining room and Wayfair was one of the few sites that had the rug I wanted that was made in the U.S. I ordered the rug in August and was supposed to have it for Halloween, October 31st but I got an email saying that it was delayed. It's now been pushed to December 20th. I'm assuming it's custom. It was $2,800. Then the mix-up was I sent back a reply saying "can this order be canceled"? which was a question and not to cancel it. But someone canceled my order. Within a couple of hours, I called and they had to almost tell me that they had to reorder it.

I look at it every week to see if the date has changed. I also either called someone or did a live chat and asked if my shipping could be expedited. I asked if there's a way that it can be shipped to me instead of ground. And I was told there was if I wanted to pay $54 more. I said no and that it's okay but it would have been nice to upgrade me to faster shipping. The rug issue is my only disappointment with Wayfair. Other than that, I've been very happy with the things I ordered from them. The people that place my order even respond when I write them an email which is so nice because I never expect that.

Their customer service is nothing but a bunch of liars who must think their customers are a bunch of idiots. Initially I ordered a bed on 10/19 that said it'll be shipping in 24 hours and would arrive between Nov 1st and 5th. On Nov 1st, I got an email from Wayfair saying it got pushed to December 5th, pending inventory update because they don't have the bed in stock. Okay what the **. It took them 11 days to realize that. To add to it, the link for the bed stopped working, saying there is nothing with that product name. I asked "why can I no longer access the product", their customer support was like "There was a glitch and the link works now." I said "no it doesn't just click on the link", and he said "no it works for me". As if we're using 2 different internets. Anyway, they gave me a list of other beds that I can order and that they'll be able to ship any of them right away.

So I go ahead and order one of these beds. According to their estimate it would be delivered Nov 17th to 18th. I was travelling on thanksgiving, so I thought that will be good enough, though it's 20 late than the original date but ** it whatever. On Nov 14th the bed arrived to my local delivery company, and the estimate was updated to Nov 17th and that I'll be contacted in 2 business days. On Nov 18th, still nothing, I emailed Wayfair, and their lying customer service said "oh no, that 17th date is when it will arrive to your local delivery company." So what the ** was the 14th? No response. Then he claimed that I'll be contacted within 2 business days of the 17th. It's the 21st now, and still nothing from these lying pieces of **. Okay now I'm travelling in a couple of days. Still don't have a bed, and their customer service just continues to lie about everything.

We were looking online for an item, and when we searched for this item on the Home Depot website, we got the online addresses of other online retail sites that were also selling this item. That’s how we found Wayfair. When we had gone to a store to see the price of a product that we wanted to buy, it seemed to be selling a bit cheaper when purchased online from Wayfair. It seems that Wayfair did not have the tax charge for the online purchase. For instance, I was looking for a king-size bed for my bedroom. When I searched for this at Wayfair, the ones they have cost $6,000 to $7,000 for the whole set. But the bed alone will cost more than that when bought at Lehmann's Furniture or the local furniture store, where furniture sells at much higher prices.

It's easy to get around Wayfair's website and we had no problem looking for the items that we wanted. We like to purchase online since there are more choices. On the other hand, when we walk into a store, there might just be a couple of choices there for the item that we want. For example, we wanted a bathroom mirror. Any store here will give us four or five choices, but sometimes people need something special or better, and so we searched online for more choices. We also have more discounts at Wayfair when we order more items. At the store, sometimes they have a promotion for a product, but sometimes they do not and you have to purchase the product at the regular price.

As for the quality of the items, it depends on what these items are. While some items that we got were of good quality and were not a lot different from what were displayed on the website, other items that we didn't actually see and touch before we put in our order came out a bit differently when we received them. I purchased online a double kitchen sink shown on the website, but when I received my order, it was a little different -- a bit damaged. But I couldn't simply return the item since I don't have time for the return shipping, so we just kept what they sent. So ordering online is better if we know the item and we’ve seen it before at a store. It’s better to take a detailed look at the exact appearance of what we’d like to buy before we put in our order, so that we can see if they're giving the wrong information about it.

For example, in our last purchase, we ordered some windows with specific size measurements, but when we received our order, each window measured half an inch less. When we ordered a window that measured 19 inches, we received a window that was only 18.5 inches, and when we ordered a window that measured 20 inches, we got a window that was only 19. 5 inches. We also ordered two 50 inch pieces that were to be connected to fit a big window measuring 100 inches, but the two pieces that they sent only measured 49.5 inches each. We were misled, and the online information on the product did not match what we actually got.

We had ordered not just one item, but many items with a total cost of almost $3,000. My wife called about the erroneous measurements of the items we got but they told my wife, "If you want to return the items, then you’ve got to pay for the return shipping fee and a restocking fee." This is not reasonable because it wasn’t our mistake since we put in the correct order and they were the ones who erred in sending us items with measurements that differed from what we had ordered.

In comparison, when we purchase online from Overstock, if there’s any problem or something’s wrong with an item that we got from them and we want to return the item, we just call them and they send us the return label right away, and then they send the replacement item that we want. This is good service. It was what happened before when I ordered a bathroom product and there was something wrong with what I got.

Overstock also doesn't sell a lot of high-priced items, so when you take a look online, Overstock seems to be selling the cheaper items while Wayfair is selling the more expensive ones. But considering the price between Wayfair and Overstock, I feel Wayfair has more high-quality products than Overstock. So despite all these, I would keep purchasing from Wayfair. The products they sell are of better quality.

I went online looking for a particular product and Wayfair came up. The salesman I've been working with on the phone was well-informed and very helpful. Every time I've needed anything, he has helped me look for it and he showed me different options. He's been terrific. I have had nothing but good luck so far.

I like Wayfair's selection and their shipping cost seems agreeable. I was also able to take advantage of their free shipping once. Ordering online was easy. We just put the items into the cart and pay for it. Their rep called a couple times to see how our orders had been, how things went and made sure that everything went okay. Every furniture item we've gotten from them have always come in really good boxes. It is also really nice when ordering online to be able to test them to get furniture. We'll be ordering from them again.

Wayfair had what I was looking for, for a reasonable price. I was also able to take advantage of any special discounts or promotions from time to time. It’s an easy process. I search for what I was looking for and I compare it to other things. Then I put it in my shopping cart and enter my credit card information. The one thing is it would be nice if they could refine their search better since there is so much offered that I scroll through. Still, the whole experience was convenient.

One of the items that I had purchased from Wayfair was supposed to be delivered in five days and it was one that I really needed. It’s been a month and it hasn’t been delivered yet. I also wasn’t happy with the customer service. They finally refunded the extra delivery fee I’d paid to make sure that it was delivered on time, but I still don’t have the item and it is creating some issues because I was in the process of moving and really needed that. It would’ve been better if they had kept me up to date on what the delays were and what to expect the delivery times were. I was never updated until I emailed them and asked them for information, and I still don’t have a definite delivery time.

Wayfair Company Profile