2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

BOTTOM LINE

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

PROS

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

CONS

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Top Wayfair Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Decorated my whole house through Wayfair. I have to say, I was skeptical about ordering online, but Wayfair made it not only very easy, but I was able to keep within my budget and the products purchased were great quality/buys!

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date and time. The package arrived about a half an hour into that time window.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Wayfair products and website features

Wayfair’s inventory is made of home goods across several categories. Some of the most popular categories include:

• Furniture: Sofas, coffee tables, TV stands, headboards, dining tables and desks
    • Bed & bath: Comforters, quilts, linens, pillows, mirrors, towels and shower curtains
    • Kitchen: Dinnerware, drinkware, cookware, utensils, appliances and food storage
    • Baby & kids: Cribs, beds, dressers, organizers, bookcases and outdoor toys
    • Storage: Shelves, racks, cabinets, drawers and baskets for all room types
    • Lighting: Chandeliers, sconces, lamps, shades and landscape and solar lighting
    • Outdoor: Furniture, grills, planters, fire pits, trampolines, sandboxes and mailboxes

You can create lists and registries on Wayfair’s website to save wanted items or notify family and friends about particular items on a gift wish list. You must have an account to create a list or registry, but you don’t need an account to shop from one. All registry items include free shipping.

Another helpful feature on Wayfair’s website is the 3D visualization tool, which gives you the ability to create and save rooms to help plan and visualize specific items or furniture in your home.

You can download the Wayfair app to quickly access the company’s extensive catalog, visualize products in your space with the “View in Room” feature, track packages and more.

Wayfair prices

Wayfair offers products ranging from budget items to luxury pieces, so pricing varies based on what you’re shopping for. For budget-conscious shoppers, Wayfair provides a filter-sorting system that lets you look up items by price, sort from low to high or set a custom range.

Wayfair shipping cost

Most orders from Wayfair include free shipping, but the company charges a flat rate of $4.99 for any order less than $35.

Wayfair credit card

The company offers a store credit card that can be used at all Wayfair-managed brands, including AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold. Using the card gives you free shipping with no order minimum and other rewards, such as 3% back in rewards or special financing. The card has no annual fee, and it typically includes an introductory offer.

Wayfair FAQ

Is Wayfair owned by Walmart or Amazon?
    Neither Walmart or Amazon owns Wayfair. Wayfair was founded by Niraj Shah and Steve Conine in 2002.
    Is AllModern part of Wayfair?
    Yes, Wayfair operates five branded retail websites, including Wayfair. The other sites are AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main and Perigold.
    Is Wayfair a reliable website?
    The Wayfair site is reliable and used by consumers across the United States. To view customers’ experiences with Wayfair and its website, read our most recent reviews.
    Is Wayfair good quality?
    Products on the Wayfair site are good quality, though the company does not manufacture the products it sells. Customers who are unhappy with their purchase can return or exchange the item at no cost.

Is Wayfair legit?

Yes, Wayfair is a legitimate company with safe practices surrounding shopping, shipping and consumer privacy. Wayfair provides customers with a one-stop shopping experience that lets you purchase home goods, furniture and appliances from one site. The company has several features on its website and app to help shoppers visualize Wayfair products in their home, which is helpful to online shoppers. Some items can be pricey, but Wayfair offers a vast selection of products at a range of price points.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Recently purchased some bar stools and a large patio umbrella. Bar stools shipped extremely quickly and were at my door in 3 days. Stool quality was generally good with some screw holes slightly off, but was still able to use the original hardware and everything went together and is very solid. I'm an engineer by trade and a hobby carpenter, but I decided to go store bought for this need and don't regret it. Have received a lot of compliments.

The patio umbrella was more complicated. Shipped quickly, but did not come with the base which was included in the product description. Made a request for missing parts on their website and got an automated reply that parts would be shipped. Didn't hear from them for a few weeks and seeing all the horror stories lately feared the worst. Sent a message to customer service and received a prompt and courteous reply with a tracking number. Got the stand a few days later. Umbrella and stand seem well made upon first inspection. This was an overall good experience. There was an issue with one of the products, but Wayfair made it right with very little effort on my part. Considering the logistics nightmare caused by COVID-19, I am more than happy with the service and company. Give them a shot.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

We live in an area where B and Q are now the main DIY store as both Homebase stores had shut and we didn't want to undertake a journey just for a brass external knob elsewhere. We do like to support the high street and UK retail but sometimes the stores that are left charge either too much say Hinges and Bracket's in Canterbury or don't stock the product B and Q.

In view of this I googled the necessary product and found a Octagonal Centre Door Knob (Brass Heritage) for £23.40. It's not the cheapest but it's not the most expensive or ott and is good quality. The website was easy to use and to place an order. I received a confirmation email straight away stating the order would come Thursday 9th Jan and in fact it's come today the 8th.

The only thing I am not best pleased about and this is not down to Wayfair is the item was well packaged and was thrown over the gate by DHL who delivered. There is no damage but if it was a plasma TV it would have been broken. I would hope that Wayfair would use a different courier in future but the service was excellent. I would use them again but really for furniture I do prefer to see it in the shop and actually order instore but for some things I will order online when it's not possible. Thank You Wayfair.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Wayfair has a great selection of furniture and decor with great and affordable prices. Their shipping of 1-2 days is excellent for customers even though one of the carriers is awful. The customer service department has a team that is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, always listening to the customer’s needs and finding the right solutions immediately. I had a situation with a sectional that, supposedly, one of the carriers delivered but I never got it. Wayfair contacted the carrier to verify what happened and they said that the driver left it on the first floor of my building, but he never called to notify me about. The customer service representative immediately processed a replacement of the furniture and I got it in 2 days.

Also, I ordered a coat rack in the same order of the sectional but never got it since the carrier, the same one that delivered the sectional, never brought me the coat rack with lots of nonsense excuses and when I called Wayfair asking the refund, a week after the date it was supposed to be delivered, the representative immediately processed it, apologized about it and also tried to advise me on keeping buying with them despite the 2 bad experiences I had with the carrier. Definitely, they have a wonderful customer service team and the sectional I got is wonderful, very comfortable, great quality, elegant and contemporary.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

We've ordered most of our furnishings for our new home from Wayfair and I've been very pleased with their service, prices and quality. Delivery is either early or on time. Everything we've received has been complete and in good condition, and when mistakes have been made, their customer service in handling them have been excellent. For example, we ordered an electric fireplace and they sent the wrong model. I called them and was given a 10% refund for our trouble and the new/correct fireplace was here within 2 days and we were told to keep or donate the model that we had originally received, which we're actually going to be able to make use of in our basement.

Also, when ordering, I accidentally ordered 2 of them and when I received them, I called and they waived the return shipping fee, sent me an email with the shipping labels and had Fed-ex come and get it asap and refunded my money. Their service that gives you the option to have someone come and assemble furniture for you is quite reasonable and they do an excellent and fast job. I only wish they gave me the option for this service on everything! We've ordered all of our deck furniture, all of our light fixtures and my office furniture from Wayfair and I've been extremely pleased.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Well I had not bought one thing online in my life and heard about Wayfair. I was moving for the first time in 24 years and decided out with the old and in with the new. I refurnished every room in the house via wayfair over a period of 4-5 months. Oh yes there were some bumps in the road with damages and either waiting for full replacements or repair parts, this is where the bumps came in. The customer service reps were first class in making things right and always told me donate the current item I had rather than me pay for return shipping etc.which was always gratefully received I might add.

Of course there's always a rotten tomatoes in the bunch and I just somehow managed to receive them all lol. This is where I lost patience a few times. I live in British Columbia and would have to really wait for certain things to be delivered. In the meantime I was doing without things in the home. Partially my fault I guess for donating right away. I could have waited for replacement(s) first and do suggest this to everyone as sometimes it's just an unfortunate series of events.

Some of the items like my bed coffee tables and bbq had to be replaced 3 times! Well the time waiting for original the time spent on phone the time spent emailing and oh my Lord the times having to repeat yourself and waiting again for re re delivers trailed up March to July. So if you don't mind waiting I'm assuming based on your location it is still worth it for the most part. I've received nothing but compliments on all my furniture, decorations, bedding, lighting, etc and I tell them everything is from wayfair. The amount of selections is staggering. If you don't mind sitting with a coffee in the comfort of your own home browsing you've got it made in the shade! As I said even if you had a million issues with delivered products they will make it right without you having to turn assertive. Extremely polite and helpful but the waiting oi.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

This was my first and last time ordering from Wayfair. I ordered a chair mid July and it was in CAL. I am in NV. They said it would be delivered on July 27. It is now Aug 6 and it has not even left the building in CA yet. What is up with that? VERY DISAPPOINTED! If you have to pay more someplace else at least you get your product!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Do yourself a favor and avoid buying from Wayfair. We were planning to move in August, so on Jul 13th I ordered a full over full bunk bed with desk considering our kids will homeschool due to coronavirus. On Aug 5th they told me our order was delivered to Canada by mistake and were not able to bring it back and a new order will take other 4 weeks with no guarantee they make the same mistake again. They just sent me a refund with no compensation despite we're a VERY DISSAPPOINTED family, our kids were waiting for their beds+desk for weeks already and now we'll move into the apartment without it. Trust me, we'll remember Wayfair forever and not in a good way... The experience was horrible from beginning to end, long waits on the phone for NOTHING. They should be rebranded as Wayfail!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I ordered a sectional May 28th. It’s now August 5th and I still do not have my order. They have scheduled and canceled my delivery four times. Apparently they lost half of my sectional. They said it will take another 6 - 8 weeks to replace my order. Because they were supposed to deliver my couch I got rid of my old couch. I have family coming to stay and no couch. They are terrible and I will never buy from them again. They have handled the situation so poorly and have offered no worthwhile solution.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

This company is ridiculous ???? I made a large order today and used one of their many financing options. After the order was completed the financing company sent me confirmation and took money but there was nothing from Wayfair. I called and for some magical unexplained reason the order didn't process at wayfair. How does your 3rd party company have the correct order but not the company itself? And their solution, just cancel and order again. Literally the 'turn it off and on again' answer. The operator was nice enough but she was completely clueless on how the company works, what went wrong, and how to fix it. Which means essentially she was useless. This company is a mess and the items I was trying to buy are now sold out ???? just minutes after making this failed order. They have my money and I have nothing until 5-7 business days when I get my refund.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I order a chair in June and paid for at the time of ordering. In July 21 I was charged again for the same item. I have called customer service three times to resolve this but it is always the same answer. "We will submit this to our finance department and you will receive a refund within 3. to 5 days." Order # **. Waiting time to talk to someone is about 30 to 40 minutes.

Wayfair Company Information