1.69/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

4230 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

After ordering door knobs and waiting forever to have the order shipped, I tried to cancel the order. Got an email back right away saying it "just shipped" but "good news": I could return the order. When I was tracking the order, it moved (by FedEx) from New York, NY to Brooklyn and then to Edison, NJ - where it has been sitting for a week now. I am aware of the note "It’s normal for on-time packages to go a few days without being scanned." One week is more than "a few days." I find the timing of the attempted cancelling and the supposed "shipping" also quite suspicious.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I ordered a gazebo with 18 months no interest. I then ordered a bed with 6 months no interest. I have been making payments above the minimum due, of course, but all amounts are being credited to the 18 months balance. I contacted them and was told they always credit to the oldest charge first. So I'm now having to find a way to pay the entire balance before the 6 months amount is due to avoid having interest charges. They are a rip-off, you would be wise to shop elsewhere.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I bought this bed and instantly covered it with a mattress protector as I have children and didn't want it to be ruined. I pulled the mattress out a week ago to take off the cover as it ripped and was hanging under the couch. Two nights ago I had guest over, the first people to stay in this bed and they woke with bed bug bites. I have never had bed bugs before and this is absolutely DISGUSTING. I have looked all over the place online and seen that this is a common occurrence with Wayfair, I am HIGHLY disappointed and grossed out! Something needs to be done about this! I am now looking to spend almost $300 on an exterminator coming out to get rid of these bugs, at this point I am ready to toss the whole damn couch, mattress and all, and start new. I am disgusted!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WAYFAIR! I wish I would have read better reviews about them before buying furniture from there a year ago. I purchased a couch and the pictures and reviews on their website made it seem like this particular one would be a good buy. However, after having the couch for a year it definitely was not. The material is extremely cheap and I'll be surprised if this couch can last another 2 years. With this couch, you have to assemble it yourself and the threading has a very low stitch count.

Anything and everything gets stuck and fur from pets is impossible to get out even when vacuuming. I am unable to write a review about this couch on Wayfair's website because you have to be sent an email from them in order to do this which makes their reviews extremely misleading. I have purchased other furniture pieces from there as well and the quality is worse than IKEA. Whatever you do, don't order from here. It's a complete waste of money and you'll have to replace these pieces within a couple of years!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I am in Canada and I received a parcel with my name and address on it. Thinking it was the cosmetics I ordered so I opened it. It turned out to be a replacement gloves, screws and instruction booklet. Disappointed that it wasn't what I was expecting. I called Fedex and they told me to call the company that sent it. I looked at the side of the box and there was a packing slip. It was sent by Wayfair LLC... I have NEVER bought anything from Wayfair. So I call their customer service line 1-800-613-3261 and was directed to BRITNEY.

I told her my situation and she told me to pack it back up and go to a Fedex outlet to refuse it. Excuse me but I DID NOT order this package, why do I have to take time in my busy schedule to drop off this mistake that I didn't make? She rudely tells me "you know what? Just throw it away" then hangs up. Sorry for the person that is waiting for this item since 10/9/2018. The item is still here, if Fedex could send someone here to pick it up, I would be happy to keep it here until they come.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I’ve made several purchases at Wayfair. Most were disappointing. I bought 2 gorgeous terra cotta planters. One for me and a gift. They arrived looking completely different than the pics on site. I had to argue with customer service and send pictures showing how deceiving their pics were before they agreed to pay return shipping. Ordered a set of delicate expensive terra cotta pots that arrived obliterated as they were simply wrapped in a little brown paper no bubble wrap. The boxes were crushed. It took 3 deliveries of these delicate pots to get 2 pots that weren’t smashed to pieces. Ordered a small area rug with fringe. Every image they had was with fringe. Rug arrived with no fringe. I returned it and got STORE CREDIT. I never want to shop there again feel ripped off. I’ll buy some safe items with my credit but at this point will never shop there again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I ordered 5 shelves from Wayfair ($1500) Sep 6 2018 and still not delivered. I ask them to talk manager (no return at all). When I was checking my tracking everyday it delays another week and delivery date was Oct 29 2018. Today I called them and talk to supervisor and wasted more time for this company. I cancelled my order. They can't deliver on time. They have terrible customer service and they don't know what they doing, if you're smart enough order from another company because Wayfair is garbage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Terrible company and horrible customer service, not to mention bad products. I purchased a sectional that I had to wait 2 months for. The people who delivered it couldn't fit it through my door. I called Wayfair who told me the feet are bolted from the INSIDE. They said I could have the delivery men put the sectional in my garage and then I had to be responsible for cutting into the sofa, getting the bolt off to remove the leg, hiring someone to put the sofa into my house and THEN they would send a repair person to my home to reassemble it and fix the cut. I may or may not have to pay for the repair person. I was driving home during all of this from taking care of my mother who had emergency heart surgery out of state.

I called twice to verify I could have it delivered when I got home and my case manager, Rachel, agreed and said she'd call Monday to set up a time. No call so I called and Rachel was too busy to talk with me and a super happy girl informed me my sectional was shipped back and I am billed $363 for the return! I told her that is a mistake and I want it brought over to do as Rachel told me, but she said I'd have to reorder the sectional, wait an additional 2 months AND the price had gone up!!! Considering they had already made this for me, I find this ridiculous. I ordered the sectional for the power foot rests because I am disabled and need power ones as I'm too weak for manual foot rests and can't put them down.

I have company coming this weekend and have spent 3 months with no furniture already. The perky pest did offer that they could send something to me to use in the meantime, for an additional charge. I wouldn't buy anything from this shady company ever! I'm sorry I let them ding my credit by applying for their card that I will NEVER use. I will tell everyone how horrible they are. I am having a Halloween party with 30 guests who will all be told just why I have no furniture and not to buy from Wayfair or their other companies like Joss & Main.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I ordered a bar for $500 on July 19, 2018. Nothing on the website or during the ordering process to indicate that there was any stock issues. Several weeks later I call for a status to find that the product was on back order when I purchased it. Fast forward to today, Oct. 15, 2018. During my supposed delivery window of 8am-12pm, I receive an email stating that there is a problem with my delivery and I need to call them. Mind you, I have been assigned a case manager that would email me every week just to tell me the product was still out of stock, she didn't call or email to give me any status on the delivery. Clarissa, the "case manager" never offered any recompense for the delays either. She was useless. I call and am told that the package arrived damaged. That the product is still back ordered and I can't expect delivery until December. Remember, I ordered this in JULY!

I called again and someone by the name of Amanda is attempting to find an undamaged piece, upgrade to free assembly and give me a partial refund because of the wait. If it weren't for Amanda and if it were actually possible, zero stars would be my review. Be wary when ordering from ALL Modern, Joss & Main and Birch Lane as well, they are all affiliated and I am sure probably exhibit the same crappy business practices.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

The first sign of trouble was that the box the product (a tv cabinet) was shipped in was beat up and covered with yards and yards of packing tape. It appeared to have been opened and re-sealed several times - maybe to remove parts for other cabinets to be shipped? Sure enough three major components and the entire hardware package were missing. Wayfair personnel were pleasant and helpful, but we were told the product was out of stock and could not be replaced for several weeks. They offered a full credit of our purchase which we accepted. We were told however that we have to hold on to the product in case the manufacturer decided to send a representative to inspect the product. (???) After two weeks we are left to dispose of the product. My recommendation is that any buyer that receives a product that appears to have been opened and tampered with should refuse delivery from the carrier.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I recently purchased hardwood flooring from Wayfair for a renovation project. At the beginning of the week, I had found a new listing for Somerset Solid hardwood flooring at an unbeatable price. There were 3 different colors listed for sale, all at the same price of $2.95 per square foot. Over the next few days I ordered a sample of one color only listed as "tan wood". I received the sample board only a few days later with all the available colors and types of flooring (solid and solid+engineered). I was happily surprised with the color and quality of the product at such a great price, however, there was no color "tan wood" listed on the sample board.

In the meantime, I was contacted multiple times by a free personal concierge from Wayfair. I spoke with her about my confusion regarding the color, and she reassured me that it was simply just listed by another industry name. I ultimately decided on one of the other colors, but was unable to find it on the website as it had been listed earlier in the week. I asked the concierge about this and she was able to locate the product on her system at the previously advertised price of $2.95 per square foot. I wanted to order immediately because at such a great price I knew it would sell out fast. I told her the square footage I needed for my entire first floor (1400 sq ft) and she calculated that I would need 18 boxes of flooring. I double checked on my home computer at the same time (with the same product, only a different color) and it gave the same amount needed, 18 boxes. I placed the order immediately and was thrilled with my purchase.

THE NEXT DAY, I was telling my dad about this great deal I found on an awesome hardwood floor and he, working in construction, questioned the amount of boxes as he thought it seemed like a lot of square footage per box. I logged into the Wayfair website and found the product I purchased. It was now listed at $9.20 per square foot. I said, "Wow, I bought this just in time before the price change!" I opened the product page and typed in my square footage needed and the calculator now tells me I actually need 56 boxes of product. 56 BOXES! 18 boxes apparently would only get me 450 square feet. I immediately called Wayfair and shared my concerns. The girl on the phone was very nice and told me she was going to figure it out for me. She said there was a price change yesterday (the day I ordered the product) and that there had been an error in the system as the amount of flooring per box was listed incorrectly.

She spoke to her manager multiple times explaining the situation. Ultimately, they would honor the 18 boxes of flooring at $2.95 per square foot, however, they would not honor the order of 1400 square feet although it was their own error. They offered me a discount on the remaining 1000 square feet of flooring I needed, however this doubled the cost for me, blowing my budget completely out of the water. When I asked why they would not honor what I had ordered, since I had placed my order directly over the phone through one of their employees, she replied that in the Terms and Conditions section of the website it states that the company reserves the right to make changes to or revoke any order in the setting of any mistake (their own) and that they simply could not honor what I had ordered only the day before.

Needless to say I cancelled my entire order and am extremely disappointed. I understand the difference in price was quite substantial, but I do not understand how a company refuses to honor an order that was mistakenly advertised by their own team at no fault of the customer, and was purchased directly through a live employee. I have had great experience in the past with Wayfair, and this order started out great as well. Unfortunately the outcome was extremely disappointing and I would caution anyone purchasing from the company to check, recheck and question any order you place as it may not be what you expect.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I ordered an outdoor dining set that was supposed to be delivered a few weeks ago. First it was just delayed. When it finally arrived, it was missing chairs. Then Wayfair told me I could keep it as is (with 4 chairs instead of 6), but had to sign papers that I received the order in full and had no claims. I said I would sign for what I received, but they refused (were very rude about it, too) and took the whole thing away. Then we had a week’s long exchange where some of their reps said the missing chairs arrived in the warehouse and some insisted they were lost in transit.

We finally agreed with the manager Sam that I’ll take what they have, sign that I received everything, but he will make sure I’ll get the missing chairs. The delivery was scheduled, I received a confirmation email, amended my schedule, waited for 4 hours, but my order never arrived. When I called, I was told there was a mistake and my set didn’t get loaded on the truck. Two more hours on the phone and the manager of the warehouse gave me his word I’ll receive my set the first thing in the morning. But nope, it did not arrive the following morning either. Wayfair is beyond unreliable.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

As of today, I can no longer support Wayfair.com. I have ordered a total of five pieces, varying from a Fireplace TV stand, 2 rugs, coffee table and a dresser and the only thing that wasn't damaged is 1 rug. The second rug I ordered wasn't delivered and delivered to another state. I currently have to wait another week for its arrival. I hope to have it by October 19, 2018 as promised.

Let me honest, the TV stand fireplace was not damaged, however once I pulled the sticker off as directed, it tore the "wood". The dresser arrived damaged and the replacement they sent arrived more damaged than original damaged product. When you pay over 1K for a product, you'd hope that it would arrive in tact. Their customer service is great so I do applaud them for that and sending replacements. I do hope if you utilize Wayfair that you have a better experience. I will give their customer service a 5 star, but the fact that the products arrive damaged and sent to 4 states away, they receive a 2 star from me.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Hate to hear that people are having such a rough time with this company! I've purchased 12 products total from this company so far - and just ran into my first issue. One of two cabinets I ordered was missing hardware. I called their support, and the phone call took literally 2 minutes, and the hardware is on its way. Rep was super helpful, knew exactly what I was asking for, and then I had a confirmation email within just a few minutes of ending the call. So far all my experiences have been great and I've been super happy with the products.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I got a 7-piece dining room set for $400, which was on sale. Initial price was $1700. The order came 3 days later, but instead of 7 pieces, I got 2. I called customer service, wasted over an hour on the phone, finally spoke with Elisha, who informed me that it was a mistake on the website and they were not going to honor their offer. My only option is to return the 2 chairs Wayfair charged me $400 for "for free". Or keep them for $400(!) Absolutely outraged. I wasted my time, money & nerves. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I would give this a negative 5 review if I could. The directions are terribly inaccurate and the pieces simply don't fit. Directions stated it would take two people half an hour to assemble. Well, two people worked on it for three days, resorting to use of wood glue to substitute for the inadequate joining pieces. Finally I hired an engineering student to finish assembly, and it took him several hours. Cost: another $250. Do not buy this! You will regret it!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Couch arrived with hole in the back, told customer service... No response... Ordered a painting, took a lot of time to pick out, ordered it, was charged, then informed they didn't have it. What I wrote them and told them I was pissed off. They wrote back telling me they don't have to take that kind of "abuse"... lol. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

When I searched for Two-Drawer Fusion Nightstand I saw the perfect nightstand among the results, priced at $259. When I clicked on that nightstands individual page suddenly the price was $329. This has occurred thus far at least a half a dozen times on three different computers.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I just purchased an electric fireplace that had damages all over the inner and outer frame. It was obvious that someone returned the item but they just repackaged it and sent to me as it was sold to as brand new. The fireplace did work but to try to repackage the item was just not worth the effort to send it back. I know I will NEVER, EVER, buy anything from Wayfair after this experience!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I've purchased two chairs at Wayfair. Within the first year of use both chairs have a broken leg: right where the leg is connected to the seat. Bad quality!!! I did not know that chairs are supposed to last only 1 year.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

They had some chairs advertise at a price and then admitted they made a mistake but never honor the price that was in the site, the employee, Mike ** was only worried to get his commission than to help me and the manager Evan ** was not helping neither, I don't think he was even a manager, I am goin' to file a formal complain in the corresponding agency.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Furniture arrived all broken!!! Shabby service and their delivery service leaves much to be desired!!! Stay away from them with a barge poll. I didn't even want to give them 1 star but had to, to leave a review. I have photos if you want proof!!! Disgusting company and Lorraine ** you should be ashamed of yourself advertising for this joke of a company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We ordered several pieces of furniture for our new home. Wayfair was running a promotion where, if you signed up for their credit card, you would be charged no interest for an entire year. We went through with the order, and left the balance alone for months. When we were around month #10, we went in to pay off the balance. Lo-and-behold, they had been charging interest the entire time, to the tune of over $500 in interest charges.

When we called their department to explain this issue, they said we were at fault because "we did not request to use the promotion". This is absolutely bogus. We clicked on the link from their website to activate the promotion when we purchased the products. We would not have purchased these products with that credit card otherwise. They have been completely unwilling to work with us to correct this issue. They're perfectly content with abusing their own fine print to scam their customers. I will never buy products from Wayfair again.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Hello my name is Ashley **. I am or now use to be a Wayfair customer. I’ve ordered at least 3 pieces of furniture from Wayfair and only received one item on time with no problems. Now that Wayfair has taken my funds and only delivered the one piece, I am now getting the runaround with everything else I’ve ordered. The second piece of furniture I ordered was sent to the wrong address due to their warehouse putting the wrong address on the box. Which they did indicate was their fault.

Now the last piece I’ve ordered has been the worst of all. Not only did they only send one piece to my bed frame. They stated the other pieces wouldn’t be delivered till the following day. Now calling the company because of course the piece was never delivered. The company stated that no one even knew about the other pieces not being delivered. It went from it being the drivers/movers from the warehouse fault to no one wants to take the blame.

The only resolution they could give me is that it will be delivered on Monday. By the way did I state this package was to be delivered on Wednesday, so now having to not only take off work 4 days for this issue but now have to take off a fifth day. Now to finish everything the only thing they stated could be done to make me happy would be for them to set up the furniture at no charge. I will say this once, never order from Wayfair. They do not know how to handle their Unhappy customers and definitely need more professional employees.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

1st time with Wayfair.com. Bought VIGO shower door, delivery was delayed/lost 3 weeks, had to get manager involved. Mgr saved relationship and express shipped item in 2 days. Thought I might give Wayfair a try again, bought DFI Waterfall Faucet. Shipped 9/24 with arrival 10/1. Again did not receive item. Called, told me it was lost & will ship replacement - wait another 10 business days- complained and they will express ship 2 days. 3 days later, still no tracking number. Wayfair is really bad at keeping their delivery timetable. Be warned that your items will be delayed or lost. If time is not an issue and you are willing to keep calling customer service to track, then their price is good. If you want an item in a reasonable time, go elsewhere, they will mess up the shipping.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We ordered a child/pet gate, which arrived late. The item looks nice, but is overpriced given the poor quality. Returns are not free. The biggest turnoff is the TV ads, with stupid storylines and bad acting. They are insulting. Stay away from This company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I recently ordered a bathroom vanity which unfortunately arrived with a damaged marble top. I called to make a return and to send a new one. Again, unfortunately, the vanity I wanted was on back order until January so I chose a different one. Wayfair not only suggested donating the original piece, but sent me a 10% off coupon for my next order, and followed up with me until my refund was credited to my credit card! Excellent company which exceeded my expectations! I will definitely continue to purchase from this company!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I ordered a wool blanket from this site. I received a notice that it had been delivered when in fact it had not. I reached out to them to advise. They eventually placed an order for a replacement. I waited for the newly ordered blanket. In the meantime I received an email from them saying “hey, we had a technical glitch whereby items were marked as delivered when, in fact, they were not. We are getting your order to you”. Then two blankets arrived. I emailed to try to sort out a return of the accidental second delivery. They asked me to bring it to FedEx. I explained that it was their error and I should not be inconvenienced. I then proceeded to receive lots of conflicting emails from different service staff at the same time. It’s bizarre and just frustratingly bad service I’ve experienced. I won’t shop here again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I ordered a desk from Wayfair and the corner was damaged so I called customer service. They were wonderful. They immediately apologized and sent another desk immediately. At times, furniture is going to be damaged/missing parts when delivered via mail (most of the time damage occurs by the shipping company). I was impressed that they offered to send me a brand new desk even though the damage was most likely due to unsafe handling from the shipping company. They have earned my business forever. Very rarely do you find companies that stand behind their products 100%.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

The general look of the item was pleasing, however the instructions sheet was confusing, unclear and faded. The item came with scratches, imperfections in the quality of the finish, some edges were chipped, the pieces didn't fit well together, the colour looked like dark grey to black in the picture but was described as dark brown. It wasn't dark brown but dark grey (luckily we preferred that colour though it wasn't an option). The drawers base is only held together with panel pins/brad nails so only light things can be placed in there. Some pilot holes for screws/nails weren't made, some holes were too large that the screws and brackets fell out.

One shelf was loose, one fitted perfectly, two were extremely tight. We decided not to add the light brown plastic feet to the cabinet. They were cheap and flimsy and ugly. We didn't want to trust them to our new 70" TV. Definitely no comparison to IKEA flatpack furniture. This will be our only purchase we will ever have with Wayfair! The order did not say 'arrive by Friday'', it said 'arrive on Friday', however it arrived on Tuesday with no note or doorbell pressed or email notice. The only thing good about my online order was it was easy to search and pay.

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs