1.56/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

4420 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

They canceled a $1500 order I placed without notifying or trying to contact me. When I order I received confirmation on their website and then an email confirmation. Two days after the date of when it should have reached their distribution center, I just checked my status on the App and my order was canceled. No explanation or email notification. I called and they told me they canceled it. No further explanation. I am now trying to work with my Credit Company to check when and if I have received a credit when they canceled the order. Terrible. I’ve deleted my account for both Wayfair and Joss & Main. Never again.

Original review: April 18, 2019

This is the 2nd item I have purchased and had the same issue. It takes forever to get. This time I have been notified my item was coming and 2 times they canceled my delivery due to different issues and as of today I still don’t have my item or any idea If and when it may come. I may end up canceling if I don’t get it

soon... This is crazy.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

After placing an order for 3 metal home address signs, I realized that I had given the wrong digit for one of the 3. I called 12 hours later and was informed that the order was already being processed and could not be changed, even though shipment was a week or so out. I later received notice that my “delayed” order could now be expected 2-3 weeks from order date, even though it could not be changed 12 hours after placing order. Order now cannot be stopped but can be returned? I will not return as I fear I would never receive any credit then be further in the hole. Maybe my neighbor will like his new sign since it will have his address instead of mine. Goodbye Wayfair.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I also ordered a grill and was charged then no email and they canceled my order. Same excuse as others. No grill because of technical error. Price was too good for them to honor so they just canceled everyone. Bad business. Lost me forever.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I searched Wayfair's website looking for a bed for my granddaughter. I came across a bed which I liked and saw it was a Platform Bed. Perfect since I would not need to purchase a box springs. The bed came long after they said it would but more importantly, there was no platform, but it was never intended to be a platform bed. I emailed customer service and was assigned A young lady to work on my case. Through probably 6 or 7 emails she insisted I choose a box springs from their website and she would have it shipped free of charge. It is a good month later and I am still waiting for the box springs. Her excuse is now the supplier having a delay in receiving the box springs. There is no excuse for false advertising and having your customer repeatedly ask for their promised merchandise. I, like so

many more, will never order from Wayfair again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: April 15, 2019

Just like another individual who posted a complaint here, I also purchased a Weber Grill. My card was charged and the order was processed. A day later I received an email stating that they listed the price wrong and would not honor my order. I called the company, spoke with the customer service and they would not make up for what was their own error. The best they would offer me was a coupon for a future purchase. I don't think I will ever buy anything from Wayfair again.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Like many others, I ordered a piece of furniture during the BIG sale this past week. The transaction went through but the next day I got an email that there was a “pricing error” and am still waiting for a refund. Saw several other reviews of others this happened to, so what kind of company is this? FALSE ADVERTISING! Honor the price on the website! I will never order a thing from Wayfair again.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Ordered a sofa and loveseat during their special 36 hour sale. Well apparently they just list any old prices and then a day or two later tell you sorry, they listed the incorrect prices. I had bought a rug and paint to match my anticipated new furniture. By the time they emailed me cancelling my order, their sale was over and they wouldn’t honor their sale prices or find me anything comparable. Basically, they very happily told me they don’t care and there was nothing they would do for me. I told them that a company this large would normally honor their own prices and mistakes but they don’t care. I will not use them again and I encourage others to skip over this company and to use someone reputable. We need a class action suit against them because they do this often.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased a Weber grill. My card was charged and the order was processed. A day later I received an email stating that they listed the price wrong and would not honor my order. This is also my first and last order through Wayfair.

Original review: April 13, 2019

WAYFAIR WILL NOT HONOR THE PRICE THEY LISTED. I ordered a Weber grill and they charged my Amex card only to receive an email several hours later advising that they made a pricing error. I called and they refused to make it right. This the first and last order from Wayfair.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I have extensively exchanged correspondence with Wayfair regarding the lack of transparency and clarity in their online website advertised prices and the sudden changes once you accept buying an item online. For privacy I will not share the correspondence, however my advice is to make sure that the first price you see from specific merchandise does not go up once you accept the purchase. Other than that they have good quality merchandise. It is just a shame that either unintentionally or intentionally they have what looks like a bait and overcharge glitch. I simply will not shop online with them anymore.

Original review: April 10, 2019

So I'm going to be completely transparent about my experience in high hopes that nobody else will go through what I've been through thanks to this company. In late June of last year, I placed an order through their app that you can download via phone. I picked out a few quality looking items and then went to hit the purchase button. It was late. I was tired. It didn't go through but it didn't deny the payment (but I didn't know this yet). I hit the button out of frustration a couple more times and then went to sleep. When I woke up, I tried once again as I lived in Rexburg Idaho at the time and needed these items because nothing home goods related was available to be shopped at out where I was located.

Well, shame on me, I hit the stupid purchase button one more time. Only - this time it went through and so did all my other previous purchases (even though I had closed the app and everything). It charged me for several different orders. Hundreds of dollars that I did not have. I had to wait as they were closed on the weekends but promptly called first thing Monday. Went through customer service, was told I'd be assisted and these things refunded, that nothing should have shipped, and it would be taken care of.

Less than 24 hours later - EVERYTHING had been shipped. They couldn't cancel and now they wanted me to be in charge of returning all of these items. So I waited. The packages didn't come in the time they said they would and when they finally did - my neighbor had grabbed them for me as I was out of town. She went to training for military purposes and my packages sat in her apartment with me unaware. The whole time I asked for proof of delivery as they guaranteed me that things had been delivered. My thought was, how could you not have someone sign for nearly a thousand dollars worth of bought material from your site.

I took it to my bank, tried to stop the payments AS WAYFAIR HAD DIRECTED ME TO DO, they refused my claims and after weeks of battling that out won the case and kept my money. I called again once my friend came back and told me she had these things and finally received word that they had known my friend had taken these things for me. I was livid as they didn't express this through the process. Again I thought I spoke to the right person. He swore he'd call me back, that this matter was personal to his heart, and promised me we'd handle it as soon as everything was received. I've yet to be refunded for the money they stole and I've yet to see anything come back into my account. These people are dishonest crooks and will play everything out to their advantage.

All around it was horrible timing on my part but this company is a joke. Those things I bought were not worth their money and I regret ever having downloaded the app. I keep it as a reminder - since my orders and the numbers of those orders are still on there. I show that to my friends and family to show the hell they put me through. Things say 'returned' that were never refunded. This company lies and I hope their scheming gets shut down because none of what they're selling is ANYTHING worth the price they put it for.

Original review: April 9, 2019

You see in the reviews of certain items to beware and read the descriptions of what is included in the items. THE DESCRIPTIONS LIE TOO! I was looking to order a table that was titled "Dining Set with 6 Side Chairs". You would think 6 chairs, so to be safe I check the description which stated "What's Included? Table Chair(s)". Even the Features showed "Features: Set includes 1 Table and 6 Side Chairs". Went to chat with customer service about this, and the girl informed me that there were actually only 2 chairs and that it would be about double the price to get the full set. That they had the description wrong. They also wouldn't honor the price or think of giving any sort of discount for the inconvenience/false advertising.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I ordered an open box item when I saw the claim online that they carefully inspect returned items. The item was delivered and instead of a king size headboard, all I received was what looked like the end posts. When I called customer service I was told that this happens and that contrary to the claim, Wayfair just takes the customers word for it that the items returned are all in the box in good condition and will resell and reship without actually inspecting the item for damage or missing parts. Wayfair’s method of handling the issue was to refund my money since that was the only “open box” available for that item and considers THAT good customer service. I want the item I ordered at the price I paid.

Now there is a king headboard somewhere out there with missing parts and another dissatisfied client or another piece of junk for which they will write off the loss, sitting in the warehouse. How much overall do they lose on this item because the returns department didn't do their job and how much saved to have at least some sale made and a happy customer instead of this review letting all know of their failure? Inspect your returns before daring to resell and replace my item with a real one. THIS would be actual customer service and will determine if I will EVER buy from Wayfair again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I placed an order for a daybed from Wayfair on 21st March and it was delivered on 29th March. I chose the daybed as it was self assembly and I have narrow stairs leading to my flat so getting assembled furniture up the stairs would be a nightmare. The guys arrived and I offered them £20 to carry the packages to my flat, which they were happy to do. My son helped me put the sofa together, it took about 30 minutes and I am very very pleased with it. It looks expensive but is a reasonable price. I have placed another order for some items, one of which has already arrived, the other 2 are expected this week. I am glad I ordered before reading these reviews as they would have put me off purchasing from them and I am very happy with my daybed.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I buy some patio furniture, it is dumped in the neighbor's driveway looking like it was thrown off a 2nd story. I call their off-shore customer service and they say, "No problem, we'll send you another, no charge; you dispose of the damaged one." So the 2nd delivery arrives and box is in better shape, but still looks pretty rough. I decide to keep it and am waiting for the bill... When I finally get a phone message from Comenity Bank saying my payment is late I call them and explain I have no statement yet. They suggest I should have known I had a payment due and called sooner??? With what info?

Until you get a statement you have no due date, no account number for online access, and no way to know who is servicing Wayfair accounts. After arguing with someone who barely spoke English, reading from a cue card, I agreed to pay all late fees and charges to bring account to zero and then close it. So what do I get a month later? A bill for a late fee and a minimum interest charge - AFTER THE ACCOUNT IS CLOSED? Tomorrow I will call and argue with another parrot and probably get nowhere. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE CROOKS!!!

Original review: April 7, 2019

Do not order from this company. I ordered a cake top for my son's wedding (**). I received very dark skinned bride and groom. So considering my daughter in law to be is a blond blued eyed young lady I do not feel the cake top is appropriate. I asked for a replacement and was told I would receive it in a couple of days. I had to send a picture of what I received which I did. Because it didn't go through their system they cancelled my order. My son's wedding is a couple of days and I now have to cake top. Of course they notified after they cancelled my order. Unprofessional to say the least. Thank you Wayfair for ruining my son's wedding cake.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I ordered about 7 different items from them and scheduled all to be delivered on the desired date, as they allow you to do so (or at least you think you think they're allowing you), but every single piece of furniture was delivered on a random day and not per the scheduled deliveries. Items were damaged and Wayfair didn't care to do anything about it.

They delayed my Sofa delivery by 2 weeks because they needed more men to be able to deliver. And on the day of the delivery I called them to see why they hadn't arrived yet for the schedule delivery and they told me that they can't deliver and I need to hire a third delivery company to have my sofa delivered, and that I HAD TO PAY FOR IT, $300!!! They left me with no furniture when I was expecting guest that same night and Wayfair's response was "we don't know what you're supposed to do but we can't do anything for you." THE WORST service and experience! They don't care about their customers at all and are very rude and unprofessional!!

Original review: April 5, 2019

Wayfair's "next day delivery" rush is fraudulent. Wayfair should state on their website that if you spend $40 for RUSH NEXT DAY DELIVERY - that it really means the item will be delivered on FedEx's terms between the hours of 11:00AM and 8:00PM and not necessarily during business hours.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have made two orders with Wayfair but have never received an item. I was told my recent order for a footstool would be delivered Monday the 3/4, I took a day off work and waited in all day but nothing arrived. I have had to cancel order as cannot take another day off work, I am now fraudulently being charged 5.00 for a return on an item I have never received. This company is totally incompetent, dishonest and borderline illegal. Do not use them at any cost.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a $300 sofa from Wayfair. After being a week late, the delivery men charged me extra to carry it past the front door. They wanted to leave it out in the rain. Extortion, and they scratched my front door frame. They left immediately as it was raining, leaving NO paperwork. Three weeks later the old scrap pallet 'lumber'(from China) in one side cracked and broke into three pieces. The leg split around the screw into two pieces. So damaged a local carpenter said "forget it" Would need to build an entire new side. Called Wayfair, "No paperwork, no warranty" Though they had my purchase order, and delivery date. Tough. No Tickee, no washee. And never a Wayfair purchase again. Tried to donate to local Goodwill, they laughed and wouldn't even take it. I had to pay a junk driver to get rid of it. Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I ordered a sofa from Wayfair in which they said it would take 30 days before it was delivered. I was fine with that cause I have ordered from them before and had deliveries made. The first delivery from Wayfair was a love seat. The delivery came after the scheduled delivery time and they delivered it into the house. They damaged the front door as they were shoving it in the house. But the damage was not bad. I was frustrated but ok with it.

This time they decided to deliver the item 2 hours ahead of the scheduled delivery time. Being it was set up for 1 pm to 5 pm delivery I was not home at 11 am when they wanted to deliver. They emailed me 27 minutes before they wanted the delivery at 11 and said they would be there at 11. I was at work and in a meeting so not able to meet them. They never showed up. Even between 1 and 4. I went home from work and waited between 1 and 4 and they did not show up! Then when I checked with them they lied to me saying that they were there.

I waited 4 hours, took time off of work to meet them and they never showed up. Now it's reschedule and miss more work. This is a horrible company. I order a lot from online retailers and this company has been the worst I have ever had. I will not EVER buy another item from Wayfair. I think you can find the same items someplace else for less and get better customer service. Wayfair does not care about the customer. Just the cash.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Not only do they send me the wrong product, they then say I cannot have the item I ordered because they made a mistake online and the cost was listed incorrectly. Not my problem, honor your mistakes, otherwise the website has zero integrity! Further, they tell me that I will be charged if I do not return the product they sent in error. So they want me to either stay home for UPS or drop it off at a UPS. Their arrogance is unreal. I have to take time out of my work life and resolve their error?? Honestly, do not buy from this site. It's a complete disaster and they will hold you hostage with your money!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I didn't know there was a California Prop 65 Warning on this item (item that contains cancerous chemicals). I wish they had put it under the description of the item, so I could of decided to buy it or not. Instructions looked like they were photocopied. Screws smelled like machine oil. We ended up not requesting a refund, because:

1) We had to pay for shipping it back anyways.
    2) It was already half assembled, to pack it we had to disassemble it.

3) We have to drive the item to the closest UPS.

Not worth the trouble to get back over $100 item.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I ordered a pair of pictures for my wall that were pretty significant in size, paid almost $300.00 for the set and when they arrived at my house one of the two were broken....The glass in the picture was cracked. I called Wayfair and they sent me another set and when they arrived 3 days later one of the two was not only cracked but broken to pieces, it was like someone had thrown it. The glass was all at the bottom of the box and I was surprised I was not cut by any of it. I called Wayfair and their answer was to send me yet another set of pictures.

My question to them was why am I paying the cost that I am for these prints if they are apparently so disposable? Of course, I knew the reason for this is because they have built all of that into the price I’m paying. You see, I just wanted what I paid for and nothing more, what I don’t want is a house full of huge boxes with broken frames of glass in them that I have to dispose of.

Wayfair CS just kept saying that they have procedures in place to handle these situations for customer satisfaction. What procedures? The procedure to keep sending me new sets of frames that I can’t even use and then have to figure out how to dispose of them because they are always broken? I mean, how many times does this have to happen? I can’t be the only person this has happened to. Bottom line, if Wayfair is truly about customer satisfaction they would prevent this from happening to begin with and then wouldn’t have to charge the customer as much for the product to cover the costs of their or their shipper's mistakes. Truly disappointed!

Original review: March 29, 2019

The hot tub was scheduled for delivery so I scheduled a day off. I was told I would receive a call the day before. I did not receive a call so I called them. I live 1/3 mile off the road and have bad cell coverage. The morning of the delivery I received 5 conflicting emails about delivery. I called and got an answering machine then they cancelled my delivery then sent me an email on how sorry they were the item did not work out for me followed by a survey. What a joke. The $100 I "saved" by going through Wayfair cost me 5 times as much in missed work. They are trying to replace actual humans with bad technology.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My account was recently charged $25 on returned payment fees because the transaction did not go through. My payment option account was verified on their website technology and successfully scheduled payment before the due date. Nonetheless, when I called customer service rep was told that they can't waive a returned fees because the banks to banks processing fees! Here's the question, if they didn't have the correct bank account numbers (in my case their website technology did verify my account) so the $25 returned payment fees were charged base on what circumstance? Their labor fees? In addition, when I was talking to the representative he told me there's a way to avoid late payment charge if you give them a reasonable excuse!! But not for someone trying to make a payment on time and trusted their technology. Wouldn't recommend especially for a company couldn't hold up its customer service standards.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I purchased an oversized chair from Wayfair at the end of January. Initially, the shipping time said 4 to 6 weeks but shortly after purchase that timeline moved to 7 to 8 weeks. Well here we are almost at the 2 month deadline, I go and check my order and it now states my chair is on back order. Like WTF. Wayfair if you don't have the goods then don't advertise it. It's freaking ridiculous that a customer has to wait months to receive a piece of furniture. I also bought a loveseat around the same time which was just delivered a couple of weeks ago despite having a initial delivery date of 2 weeks. Not that the other bad reviews aren't enough warning but, beware if buying bigger furniture pieces from Wayfair because they seem to suck at delivering it in any kind of timely manner.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I bought many things, from outdoor glasses, dishes, decorative items for my house, plates. I bought a chair for my bedroom, sent my daughter a chair and sent my granddaughter desks for her room. The best purchase was a bathroom vanity. It was the same as in the store, same manufacturer for 1/2 the price. I did have no problem with the plates. I ordered Melamine outdoor plates. The top plate in the two packages were broken, not packed properly. Instead of asking me to return the plates they told me to keep them and sent me two more sets. So instead of 16 plates I now have 30. Customer service was very quick to satisfy me without making it a "thing". I am still buy things, in fact I got a package today.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Based on an email I sent to the company today. One of the most important lessons I learned in managing an international manufacturing company serving customers in many countries and languages and which we preached over and over again to our staff is to make communications and instructions as simple and clear as possible. (Our products were "assemble on site metal ceiling systems.")

I also constantly reminded our staff that it takes ten times more effort to get a new customer than does to keep an old one by "getting it right" the first time. "Credibility can't be bought - it must be earned!" My wife and I have assembled scores of Ikea items over the years when we chose those products that were more utilitarian to serve growing children rather than waste money on the type of product that would lose all its value the moment it arrived at the door. Never have we experienced the challenges we faced when facing the errors and omissions associated with this order.

Frankly, I am shocked by the following associated with the subject order.

1. Instructions.
    a. These have pretty diagrams but are lacking clear step-by-step assembly instructions.

b. The instructions do not have sizes of the items nor tags on the actual items. So while it is possible to ultimately determine which is which, it is not without some frustration.

2. Missing Pieces. The plastic bag with the assembly pieces was missing one of each of the following items:
    a. Large Zinc Cam
    b. Confirmat Screw

c. 5/8" Screws

Although it did not happen, I would have blown a fuse if I had hired someone to come to my home to hang the unit only to discover the missing parts that would have required using an alternative solution to holding the unit together, visiting a local Home Hardware, hoping they stocked the right size Cam or as I am doing now, requesting that these items be expedited to me.

Sincerely,

Stanley in Montreal

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs