2.22/5
Based on 452 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

Read More Read More
    Last updated: April 19, 2018

4066 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 19, 2018

Wow...so I placed an almost $400.00 order on Wayfair for the 1st time. It was a double dresser, and 3 (3) drawer dressers. 1st off I only received the double dresser within a decent time. Then 2 white 3 drawer dressers were supposed to ship and never shipped. They kept putting them on back order. This was February 28, 2018. Because of them being on backorder it kept messing with my bank account, taking the money out then putting it back in so I called to cancel because after a month of dealing with it I decided it was ridiculous. I wanted to cancel the 3rd dresser which was gray but was told I could not because it had shipped already.

Now 2 months later I still have not received it because yip you guessed it...it's on backorder now after supposedly being lost in transit, so I cancelled it and am waiting for a refund! Horrible horrible experience. Stay away from this company. Buy through Amazon or at a furniture store. They also will not give you a full refund once you receive your item. You have to pay Shipping if you don't want it or get full store credit. Never again will I ship here. 1st and last time. I'm not really one to write a review unless the experience was great or ridiculous and this was by far one of the worst experience so I just want to warn others!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I ordered a set of Malibu Teak Patio furniture that I thought was really nice. The price seemed fair compared to other companies. After ordering, they let me know that it would take several weeks to deliver, which was okay since I just moved into a new house. About a week before delivery, they called to say there was a small chip in one of the chair legs. They offered to replace that chair, so I agreed with their plan. After delivery, I found that 3 out of 6 pieces were damaged pretty badly. They agreed to replace the whole set, but the delivery company just couldn't seem to make a delivery. I finally just called and cancelled and asked for a refund. Poor follow through by the delivery partner, and poor quality furniture.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2018

First off the reviews they have on their website are all fabricated. I tried submitting a review along with pictures and it never appeared on the web page. So that to me says that they make up all the reviews themselves. We ordered a bed and it was a decent priced bed. It arrived and the side rails of the bed frame were so damaged from being smashed on the ends that we couldn't even hook it into the headboard. The paint was chipped and cracked. I contacted the customer service line and was assured they would send out new bed rails, although not happy that we had to wait another long length of time, after we waited a month for the first part. I was told I could donate the side rails. Thanks. So in other words I have to pay to have them dropped off at the dump.

I was then given an email from a person name Shantris ** that said they would follow my case very closely. I then received another email saying my item would arrive on April 13th. I called on April 13th to find out what time and they said, "We never sent that email. We have no idea what you are talking about." I called Shantris 3 times and emailed her 2x. No one will call me back. I have no idea where my "replacement parts" are so I have a bed I can't assemble here and no answers from the company and they won't even call me back.

Original review: April 15, 2018

My first purchase from Wayfair arrived with literally every piece being damaged, chunks of wood missing and the finishing peeling off, they were quick to send a replacement. But with disappointment the exact same damage was on this one. I will never be ordering from Wayfair again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

In the past week I’ve ordered from Wayfair and I’m very disappointed in the quality of service. It takes days to ship out one item and almost waiting for my laundry hamper to be shipped out I’m told it’s been back ordered. So I’ve cancelled and ordered on Amazon instead. For the same price, actually cheaper I was able to get a double hamper and fast two day shipping. I will not be ordering from this website unless they can fix these issues.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: April 10, 2018

Every single I have ever bought from Wayfair has tore up prior to a year's use. I bought a sectional and the legs popped off within 4 months, after 6 months the entire back of the sofa collapsed. I did not purchase the warranty so I had to toss the furniture within a year. The Salvation Army even declined taking it. I also purchased a dinette table at the same time I purchased the sectional. It too, has started showing visible signs of wear and tear with tons of scratches on it. I will never buy anything from them again. While the furniture looks nice in the store, the quality fades within months.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Initially buying a sectional from Wayfair, my order gets canceled three days after my order. I try again to order another sectional on March 30 with expectations of it being shipped April 3. Fast forward to April 9 after reassurance from Wayfair that the second couch is delayed due to bad weather, my second order was again canceled with no explanation. Three weeks and still couchless in my new house. I'll definitely avoid this company like the plague and warn others about such bad business practice.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Getting ready to move, I found just what I needed for my new apartment on Wayfair and placed my first order for 10 items with them. This was in February and it's now April and I've still only received 2 items, one a large cabinet which I paid $30 shipping for. Everything else was with Wayfair's free shipping which I thought after seeing the TV commercials would be a wonderful thing - ha was I wrong! The first letdown was in finding out that my order wasn't going to be treated as an entity in itself to be delivered as one shipment with care, but instead as a series of 10 different tracking numbers with all the items seemingly floating around different shipping places that I was supposed to have a job as a customer tracking on my online Wayfair account.

I tried this at first but none of the "expected delivery dates" were on time and I had to find out myself talking to FedEx dispatch which was hard to get through to and Wayfair customer service that drivers had gone to my apartment, which is the kind above stores, but found no apartments there, only businesses! Well again, the apartments are on top of shops, so that was my first huge frustration; the fast second being when I then emailed Wayfair trying to get all of the 10 items I had already paid for. Every email was answered by a different rep who all had the attitude of "I'm very sorry BUT..." and not solving or caring about anything. A few even wrote things like "you can track your packages HERE" with a link that was only to their website for me to log in.

And I had to stop looking at the tracking of my packages on their website as it made no sense and frustrated my sense of logic to the extreme. Case in point: Some of the packages in my order ended up in shipping companies in New Jersey... and I live in Vancouver, BC Canada -- how much farther away can you get? At the end of my rope into March now, I then began calling Wayfair customer service instead of the emails which were a joke. All of the reps just apologized but didn't try to solve anything -- just communicating with me senselessly like a few asked me what I was missing in my order - which was everything except 2 items just like I had written from the beginning but each rep didn't read anything before -- would just ask me stuff they should have already run with. I started complaining and then finally at the beginning of April, I had my own "Case Manager" on the case.

I naively thought that now I would get the other 8 items I had ordered and paid for way back in February, but nope! Like some others here have said, Wayfair customer services lies and tells you what you want to hear. The case manager said she talked to FedEX and they had all my items and would deliver them soon. That was at the end of the week. Then on the weekend on the Saturday I got three calls from FedEX which are automated talking to a robot who can't answer questions telling me I had 4 items to pick up when the rep said all my 8 items would be delivered. LIE. I emailed my case manager back what happened that I didn't want FedEx to keep bugging me. She replied she had talked to them and everything was fine but she would need to reorder my items. "Was that okay." Oh sure, I was screaming inside but yeah whatever to finally get the stuff I paid for 2 months ago!!!

Well the end of the saga happened a few days ago when it soon became evident there was no reorder as FedEx was still leaving me messages to pick up the same four items. When I emailed this Case Manager she said refunding me was an option and I did take it and told her I have to since it's very clear that no one at Wayfair seems able to communicate properly with FedEx. She arranged the refund but several times kept apologizing that "I talked many times with FedEx but I couldn't get your items delivered" and kept repeating that when the problem as I told her several times was that FedEx still keeps calling me to pick items up -- called me this morning actually.

If I'm refunded then I can't legally pick up the items anymore so can you please get FedEx off my back and tell them the items aren't mine. Obviously I'm at the end of my rope with stress over all this, yet she hasn't answered me. It's so clear that Wayfair can't even control the companies who ship for them... Probably write everything off why they don't care about the stuff floating around everywhere as someone else said. EPILOGUE: I won't ever order from Wayfair again even though I want their apothecary jars so bad ha - will find them somewhere else. As for my 8 items, I will get those things I need -- bookcase, rug, washcloths, jewelry box, blanket and more all from IKEA -- a good solid company in my experience. I should have stayed with IKEA!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased an item online that was sale for $800. However, I saw that there was an option to buy the same returned item for considerable less. Saving over $600. So I made the purchase. The next couple of days I checked its inventory online and they were still selling the same item. When it came for time to ship the item, they simply sent me an email for cancellation that it was not longer in stock! What a SCAM.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased a 3 piece table set. A coffee table and 2 end tables. I was redecorating for Easter holiday and just sold my old ones. But as we was assembling the coffee table we was missing one of the legs. I contacted Wayfair and I was told their records show I only ordered end tables. When that was finally straightened out and I told them about the missing leg, the man at Wayfair didn't seem concern. He didn't ask no questions. He said the leg would be delivered on April 6th and I would get a tracking number. Needless to say I still don't have the leg and I didn't receive a tracking number and when we contacted them again today we was told that they tried to contact us for more info. Huh strange. They never tried through an email or text or voicemail. I got nothing.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Ordered a sofa set, delivered as scheduled but the dimensions were not as stated. Returned it and had to ask for full refund as they tried to deduct the shipping charges. They only offer store credit unless you are willing to pack up the sofa set and deliver to a destination of their choice. Insane. So I took the credit. Ordered second sofa set. Reviewed the dimensions and double checked with customer service on the dimensions by using the "ask a question" tab. Customer service verified that the dimensions were accurate.

When the set arrived, the dimensions were off by 14 inches, yes 14 inches. Spoke to Wayfair and after being passed from one case manager to another, they were no help. They arranged for a return without even consulting me. After more emails back and forth, they passed me to another case manager who suggested I wait 20 days for a pickup, then get a store credit and then they will use the credit somehow to refund. More complicated than a triple by-pass. This has been the worst online shopping experience ever. I WILL NEVER SHOP AT WAYFAIR AGAIN AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU!

Original review: April 4, 2018

My partner ordered a suite. It arrived and required drilling and handyman work to fit legs. This was not detailed in any of the advertising. Wayfair have now promised, 3 times, to have somebody call to drill holes and attach legs. Nobody arrives. The company they use say Wayfair never submitted the order, Wayfair say the company they use didn’t schedule the call, (despite a date). The company also make returns extremely difficult, if not impossible, and costly if you do want to return or quality purchases. Terrible company.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I wanted to purchase the Hans Chair from the dwellstudio.com website and called to find out how much it would cost to return the chair. The most I could get, after speaking with a rep is that it would cost around $120, but that could change based on several factors. I asked at what point in the purchasing process I can find out an exact amount and I was told that only AFTER I purchase it, once they know what area I am located in and how many chairs I would purchase, can they give me an exact amount.

I said I would only like to purchase one chair and that I could give him my zip code. He still said he could not tell me until I purchase the product. He agreed that their return policy is not great, but there is nothing he can do about it. He said they go in great detail on the website to explain the return policy. BUT explaining a terrible policy, does not make it better, Wayfair... When there is so much online competition out there, you might want to reconsider how you do business. I am not purchasing the chair or anything else from your websites, until you change your return policy.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have ordered two items from Wayfair/Joss & Main in the past four months, and in both cases the wrong item was delivered. In the first case, they did eventually delivery the correct sofa (which is beautiful), but after several weeks we are STILL waiting for the wrong sofa set to be picked up. Wayfair refunded me $100 for the aggravation, so I thought I'd give them another chance and ordered a light for the kitchen island. A box arrived yesterday containing completely the wrong light. Front-end customer service and products are great, but the warehouse and delivery system, at least here in metro Atlanta, is incompetent to the point that it doesn't make any sense to order from Wayfair and its associated companies.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I ordered this desk (U Shaped Desk) on March 6th expecting a quick delivery (based on their TV commercials). When I checked the status, it was delayed. It took a week for it to get from Canada to Illinois, where it sat for a week. I called and was told because it was heavy it would take longer and there was a delay. It was expected to be in Florida by April 7th. When I said: “Unacceptable”: I was told that to cancel the order would cost $330.00 (half the cost of the desk).

So I waited for the delivery only to find when we put it together holes were not drilled correctly, pieces were missing, wood was scratched. Will NEVER buy anything from Wayfair again. I agree with other reviewers, customer service is HORRIBLE. Save yourself the irritation. IF there was an option for negative stars or no stars, because they deserve NONE I would have chosen it.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I just read where you threatened to pull your advertising from Laura Ingraham. You have that right and I have the right to NEVER buy anything from you again. You are a bunch of cowards allowing a punk kid to make you dive for cover. Sick.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I recently ordered the Whyalla upholstered platform bed in grey (I bought it in full size). The material is great and the bed is very nice, but the color is way off. Unfortunately, it is actually dark grey in color, with a green hue. In the pictures provided, the grey color is supposed to be a light grey. This is the only peeve of mine, otherwise this bed is very nice.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I recently ordered 2 twin size quilts from Wayfair. I paid with 3 gift cards. After I got off the phone they called me back that they had an issue with one of the cards. I read them the number again and they confirmed that the order was placed. I checked a few days later and my order was on hold. When I called, they said it was put on hold because of the issue with the card which had been resolved. They wanted to now charge me for express shipping when I clearly had ordered in enough time to receive the order before I left on vacation. They could not resolve the hold issue and had to refund my month onto my gift cards. It took me several days to resolve this and luckily for me I still had the gift cards otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get my refund. I will never use them again.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Don’t purchase anything from Wayfair or their affiliate partner Leisure Product Inc. Save your time, money, & sanity! I purchased a 5 person spa in 2015, by 2016 the water pump had already worn out. The waterfall feature on the spa also leaked within the first few months. They have service people that try to walk you through the repairs yourself over the phone, that is the extent of their warranty service. The good news is the waterfall feature no longer leaks, it also no longer works. The solutions was to shut off the feature. If you are lucky, they will give you a 30% discount on buying another crappy part that will break again. I am now on my third water pump in 3 years, not a single one was covered under the warranty.

Each pump stopped working just a few weeks shy of coverage. They start your warranty from the date you purchase, not the date received. It takes several weeks for the item to arrive, my tracking number is record of this, so this means their parts aren’t even lasting a full year, yet the 1 year warranty won’t cover it. Even when speaking directly with a manager, “There is just nothing that can be done once the warranty date has expired”. You will have to purchase a new part for another $175 every year, spend hours cursing at the spa as you pull out the old pump once again & struggle to get the new pump in. Every time you repair, you must remove the panels, which are plastic & break at the screw points, so plan on replacing those too!

Original review: March 23, 2018

I called to return a king size bed that’s too big for a king size mattress & I’m told I (an expecting mother) have to unassemble & pay for the return! Terrible customer service! You just lost a regular customer!

Original review: March 19, 2018

I got a call from my bank that there was another charge on my card, other than my order and they asked me if I ordered more items from Wayfair. My answer was no; I didn't. They overcharged me. In one day I had so many transactions on my card by Wayfair (five - they are charging and returning and charging again with different amounts), what I don't understand is how was they able to charge without my approval (I had to block my card). At the end of the day, after I cancelled my order, they still owe me more than 2500 CAD. I just hope I will get my money back. Hopefully my bank will resolve the dispute. This is not a trustworthy company.

Original review: March 16, 2018

We ordered a coffee table and a rug. The coffee table came first, we paid $400 for it, reading reviews we thought it was a great fit. If I could put a negative star I would! The quality of the table was absolute garbage (see attached pictures)! It had excess paint all over it, all corners were chipped and there were scrapes everywhere. It was not due to shipping as it was heavily package and secured! I would not keep this table if it was for free! We will never be buying again, we are cancelling all other things ordered, and returning the table! Stay away and save yourself the hassle!

Original review: March 14, 2018

My item did arrive on time and seemed undamaged. When assembling I noticed I was missing the bolts that attach the headboard to the bed. On my first call the guy said he would send me a hardware pack. I did receive it but still no bolts. On my second call the woman on the other end didn’t understand what I was telling her. She transferred me to someone else who seemed to understand what I needed. She really did try. She said they would have to send me a new headboard. Seemed a bit much for some bolts but okay.

The next day I get a voicemail from someone else asking me to explain the issue for the 4th time and to email pictures of the problem ASAP in order to receive a replacement headboard. So, I had go home on my lunch break to take pictures of the missing bolts. I sent the email with the pictures and explaining the problem again. It has now been 24 hours with no response. What is so hard to understand about missing bolts? I’m just about to give up and see if someone at my local hardware store can help. This has certainly turned into a disappointing experience.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Macedon Convertible Sofa by Latitude Run - I ordered this sofa on the 4th of March. They gave delivery date of March 14. On March 13 when I contact them to finalize the time of delivery, I'm told that my order was cancelled and they're sorry they couldn't inform me. However their TEAM is working on it and they will let me know after 24 hours. (Great teamwork - I guess). Imagine if I hadn't called them today, I'd be on hold the whole day tomorrow waiting for delivery and team is still considering my case. (:

Updated on 03/15/2018: The rude team leader says he will NOT take my order after all these days because of miscommunication on the part of their team. Highly unreliable rude and unprofessional. Please save yourselves the agony of WAYFAIR. You'll be better off.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I ordered the Florine Vanity. The vanity is nice, but it was missing a leg. We are still waiting for a replacement leg. I am very disappointed as I was anxious to get my room organized before our weekend guests arrived... I hope the replacement leg arrives soon...

Original review: March 9, 2018

I have nothing to gain or lose. There's no vendetta, there's absolutely nothing I want or need from anyone for me to lie about. The decision is yours; decided whether you want to be part of a better world, and helping one another is a good start. It is my duty to report scam for what they are. Please note: companies are in business to make "MONEY" you don't matter, and anything you think or say means nothing to them; your money is the only thing they are interested in.

I made a MASSIVE mistake to place an order with Wayfair. Not long after my order, I receive an email that my order had been cancelled due to suspicious activities. The only thing suspicious is their scummy practices. I provided these buffoons everything I had, in order to prove that, indeed, the person on the credit card is in fact, yours truly. I contacted Capital One to send an email, stating that... YES... Hello, I'm the person on the card. I can't commit fraud against me, and I cannot steal from me... That's DUMB! My name, address, and phone numbers are all legal, and connected to my card. They refuse to provide proof of the suspicious activities and fraud that they say I am involved in.

I have contacted managers, the president and CEO of Wayfair and the only thing I received was a reply to my email with this: "Dear Sara, please accept our apologies for the misunderstanding." I responded, telling them to reread my email, especially the areas that spells out my name. It's not SARA! They replied with this: "I meant to send that email to someone else. We can't help you due to suspicious activities." Seriously, WTF. I moved from that miserable state (MASSACHUSETTS) to beautiful KENTUCKY, and unbeknown to me, I find out that Wayfair is based in drumroll FREAKING, Massachusetts! This nightmare refuses to leave me.

For over two weeks, I have lived in my beautiful apartment with no bed, no table, no chairs, no food, and do you know why? Wayfair reported my good name, and somehow I don't know why or how, Wayfair managed to get other companies to block my name and credit card. Every place I've contacted, refuses to accept my credit cards. It has been hell to get these buffoons to restore my good name. Capital One, my credit card is baffled by this, and so am I. If your name has no value, and means nothing to you; trust me, you found a perfect place in Wayfair. If you value your name and time, then I suggest you stay far, far away, from Wayfair.

I am now searching for an attorney to restore my good name, and remove it, from whatever system, and mess, Wayfair placed me in. I am grateful to have learned a valuable lesson: Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, will replace American made. Chinese crap deserves to be left in China! There's nothing American about Wayfair, only cheap. Don't allow anyone take advantage or abuse you, because if you do, you deserve it!

Consumer Affairs; do not contact me unless you intend to do something about this. You do not have my authorization to verify my name or post my name for companies and expensive lawyers to benefit from. I am a mad woman, and I'm in no mood for Mickey Mouse **. I doubt this will be posted, because truth, no longer exists in our society. BTW, I was only allowed to submit 2 images on here; I have more images from other companies that also declined my orders due to the reports Wayfair filed against me. Have a good day.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I ordered and received a bedroom set from Wayfair. A few days later I found the same set on Samsclub.com but with a different name for $600 less. I wrote a review to let people know the set was not of good quality for the price I paid and was less expensive elsewhere. To my surprise when I looked on Wayfair.com the following day for the review I had posted it only reflected the star rating. After taking my time to write a review to let people know of my experience, everything I had written had been omitted. Very shady practice if you ask me. They should not pick and choose the reviews they allow to be posted just because it is a negative one.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I placed an order on 1/23 for delivery on 2/9. The delivery has been delayed twice. After placing a call to find out about the order, a “case manager” wrote saying this delay was unusual, and the order would be shipped for delivery tomorrow. Today I received a company email saying the order is delayed again.

Original review: March 6, 2018

This company thinks they are the FBI. I placed an order for curtains to be delivered to my new apartment and they marked the order as fraud and cancelled it??? Um wtf? Anyway, I called customer service to verify my identity and tried twice to get the issue resolved. The third time I called they said they still can’t send my order to my new apartment but that they would be happy to ship it to my billing address. I’m busy, I work two jobs and go to school. There is no way that I would have the time to drive all the way back to my old home just to pick up curtains that they think is being STOLEN? Lol what in the actual **. I also haven’t had the time to call my bank to change my billing address.

My bank had no issues with proceeding through in the order but Wayfair apparently thought some conspiracy theory is going on with this order. It was $55 curtains for a set of 2. It’s absolutely insane that they’d be willing to lose a customer on such a small issue. What more do they want me to do to prove my identity? It’s an absolutely ridiculous situation and customer service literally tried nothing to help. Did they think I was going to be stealing these curtains and trying to sell them through the black market? They honestly think they are hot **. I’m absolutely baffled and completely irritated. Stay away from this company and their customer service. They only care about their bottom line and who knows what kind of quality items they will ship you. Don’t deal with this headache... Avoid at all cost.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Purchase a floor lamp for over $400. For the price I thought I was getting a high quality product. I was totally wrong. It looks like a Walmart product that would cost at the most $100. It had dents and wouldn't stand firmly on the floor. I am a Amazon buyer, used to free returns (if needed), this was my 1st purchase at Wayfair, very disappointed because I also had to pay for return when the item was far from meeting expectations.

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Wayfair started in 2002 and is now a major e-commerce website selling home furnishings, decor and office furniture. It sells over seven million home furnishing products from over 7,000 suppliers across five distinct brands. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair operates across North America and in Europe, delivering a variety of styles at every price point.

• Something for every price point: Wayfair has something for every budget, and with seven million products to choose from, customers are guaranteed to find something they love at a price they can afford.

• 70 percent off deals: Wayfair has something new on sale for 70 percent off every day, and there’s no limit to how many deals you can score. Customers on a budget can take advantage of these deals simply by signing up for a daily email newsletter.

• Wayfair credit card: Frequent shoppers can enjoy earning points that can be used towards future purchases, along with instant savings when they sign up for a Wayfair credit card.

• Social responsibility: Wayfair’s mission is to make home a reality for people who don’t have one, and therefore partners with charities including Habitat for Humanity, Cradles to Crayons and Family Aid Boston to help build homes for people internationally and in their community.

• Idea boards: Perfect for the window shopper, Wayfair’s idea boards let you save items you love so you can have all of your favorite products, images and ideas in one place. Keep them to yourself or share them with friends and family members.

• Free and flat-rate shipping: All orders that cost $49 or more ship for free, and orders under that amount ship for a flat rate of $4.99.

• Best for: DIYers, luxury buyers and cost-savvy shoppers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs