1.63/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

4277 Wayfair Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Most of us shop online, because we do not have time due to busy life and we love the convenience. Wayfair makes the experience and the convenience of online shopping a nightmare for you! I hope you take this seriously and stay away. The product you buy online will never make it on the day it was supposed to arrive. Always late! Late by at least 2 weeks. The website date is different from the date you get on the invoice. Then, you realize the date on the invoice is also different from the actual delivery date and you only get to know that when you speak to one of the Customer Service Agents. The Customer Service Agents give you inconsistent information about the status of the delivery/shipment and they over promise on things they cannot deliver. That is more upsetting to me. They apologize non-stop and how is that supposed to solve the problem? No action! Refund takes forever as well.

Please shop somewhere else and save time! Shopping with Wayfair does totally the opposite of what it was supposed to do. Management should really pay attention to this issue. Please learn from what happened to Target in Canada. Wayfair in Canada is likely to be dropped by consumers if you don't meet the requirements.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have to start saying that this company is the worst I've ever known. Basically they lied to me, I had order a bed (very expensive by the way) and the original delivery date was December 13. I got an email and tracking number on December 3 saying that the bed was shipped and today December 10 I was notified by e-mail that the delivery date was changed to January 4 because the bed was in back order!!! I thought it was shipped already?! So the e-mail I received was fake? What kind of company is this? They lied to my face!! I called and complain and they say that there is nothing they could do! So I will have to sleep on the floor until they decide to deliver my bed. I also have to say that my card was charged the same day I received the FAKE confirmation that my order was shipped. Never ever buying anything else here!!! #jossandmain #wayfair

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Bought a 60 inch vanity and was told 3 to 5 days delivery, never happened and when you call they lie out their ** and you'll get different stories. This company could care less about you as a customer, don't buy from them. They SUCK.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

We ordered a full size bedroom set, mirror and jewelry box for our daughter. It came in 4 shipments. The bedroom set indicated: assembly required. The entire dresser, nightstand and bed had to be assembled in its entirety. The only thing provided was the lumber and hardware. In addition, the mirror advertised did not provide any hardware to hang the mirror. We ordered a gray color that showed it matched the furniture on the website. When it arrived it was more of a mud brown. The jewelry box was of poor quality and much larger than it appeared in the image. Wayfair does not provide free return shipping and most items hold a lot of weight. We will never purchase from them again. It is costly and time consuming.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Ordered a bedding set, they charged my account that day for the set... Three days later they charged my account a second time... Called to report this and get my money back and got passed back and forth for a week. Everyone claiming they had filed a report with financing. One girl even sent me a letter confirming this... Still have not received my money back that they took out of my account and was told a case manager would be contacting me twice, yet to have not been contacted. Not sure why they would charge my account a second time in the first place and then be so difficult in returning my money that they stole. Very frustrating and bad customer service... Would never trust purchasing from this company again, the products are good but the stress of having your hard earned money stolen from you is just not worth it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered wall art in the seventy-dollar range. The material that arrived was not as pictured on the website -- the image was blurry and the canvas was affixed to the frame, such that it looked as though it was hanging crooked, no matter how it was hung. And yes, you have to pay to return their items, which is not the industry standard. Seems like they buy lots of garbage no one else wants, and then re-purpose them on their website. Not impressed.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I placed an order for two items on November 23. I received an email order confirmation that gave a ship date of November 24, to be delivered by November 27. A couple of days later, I received notice that one item would be delayed and would be delivered by November 30, and I did get tracking information for that item. On November 26, I called because I had not heard anything about the second item (these were not large pieces, btw). I was told there was a delay with that item as well, but that it would ship on November 30, and be delivered by December 4. The lack of notification was blamed on a "glitch in the warehouse's computer system."

On November 30, I called again because I still had not received shipping confirmation. I was told it was still scheduled to be shipped that day, and that while it may not go out until late in the evening, I would be notified when it shipped. In the meantime my other item which had shipped was delayed, but was still making progress per FedEx tracking.

On December 1 I called again, since it was supposed to ship the day before and I still had no tracking information. I was placed on hold so the customer service representative could contact someone at the warehouse. When he got back on the line, I was told that they had the item, it was ready to ship, they just didn't have tracking information yet, but I should get that soon.

On December 4 I finally received the first item, but still hadn't heard anything about the second item. So I called again. I was reassured that they had the item, it was ready to ship, but that they were experiencing lots of delays with FedEx, and were simply waiting for FedEx to pick up the item. On December 5 I got an email saying the second item in my order was canceled. So I called again and was told they didn't have it and wouldn't be carrying that particular item in the future (it is no longer listed on their website).

I understand that inventory issues happen, and these issues may create situations where Wayfair cannot fulfill an order, but to be lied to on four separate occasions by four separate customer service representatives is not acceptable. I was given $10 off the item I had already received, but that is small consolation for the aggravation and inconvenience of being strung along for two weeks. And I still have to find and order the second item somewhere else. I've ordered from Wayfair without issue in the past, but I will not be doing business with them or any of their affiliates in the future. If anyone had been honest and told me they would be unable to fill my order on any one of the numerous times I called, I would feel differently about this situation. No one appreciates being lied to.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I ordered a set of fireplace tools. Tracked my package to make sure I was home on day of arrival. Did not arrive. Checked, will come next business day. Took time off again, did not arrive! Tried to call delivery service - FedEx promised it would come today! Checked tracking. Did not attempt delivery. Now almost a week after initial delivery date and still do not have it! Not worth the discount you get when you have to spend more time waiting for, trying to arrange and hoping for a delivery.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I applied for a Wayfair card and I was denied twice which is ok. The first time was my fault because I entered the wrong income so I corrected it and applied again. The second time they sent me this letter saying I had all kinds of crap on my Experian credit report so I pulled my own credit and none of those items were there. I even went and had my lawyer pull my report and none of those items were there so when my copy of my report came in the mail I called them to try to get answers and no one could help me. I got transferred from one person to the next and still nothing.

So what me and my lawyer have came up with is that they don’t do business in certain neighborhoods and they know they can’t say that so instead they just make up denial letters with stuff that's not true and send it to you. How do you explain that if those items were correct. It should be on my current copy of my report. Instead they push the problem off from person to person. What a messy company. I don’t think they want to admit the mistake they made or as I said the fact that they don’t do business in certain neighborhoods. If it truly was a credit issue they would be able to fix the problem especially since I have proof that those items were wrong. I’m going to have my lawyer look into it so more.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Ordered a in stock sofa, to be shipped and delivered by the date they provided, after payment I track the sofa, first says shipped on the 29th of Nov and to arrive by the 7th of Dec, track again, now it's the 11th, track again says backordered, track again, no details, NEVER AGAIN, cannot believe a word they say. Buyer Beware.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I order a few items, including multiple rugs at Wayfair, all of them have taken 3+ weeks to ship. I thought it was just the first item, but it has been every single one. They also don’t allow full refunds to your original payment. They only give you a Wayfair credit. Never again Wayfair.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I was promised this item by 11/30/18. When I called to complain, I was offered 15% off and promised the item would be delivered by Monday, 12/3/18. The latest FedEx tracking information has this item delivered by the end of the day on Tuesday, 12/4/18, four days past the promised delivery.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I was hesitant to buy from Wayfair because of some of these reviews. However, I purchased a bed frame, and it has been more than perfect. The assembly was not that bad, but having to do it by myself did make it tough. Also, the quality is 10/10. This bed has seen some rough nights... sturdy af.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I wanted to order a rug in the sale - it was not cheap and well over the £40 limit you advertised for free delivery. However despite having a Scot to do your TV advertising you do not consider central Scotland "within our free delivery zone". Shame on you.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I took days to select a loveseat on their site. I made the order with a rep, at the end I asked that they take it a foot inside the house, one level. Rep said, "I took the liberty of making the order for you." So as she didn't know the answer I had to cancel the order, which held up my bank acct. I explained I am old and small, and can't wrestle a 100 lb thing into my house. Also it rains always where I live, and there is no one to help me with the item. They kept me on the string for 3 days waiting to see if they could bring it into the house; my door opens directly into living room. After 3 days they called to say they couldn't bring it in. Disgusting. I was going to get the couch to go with it if it looked good when it got to me; and also two chairs. So Wayfair, your ridiculous policy cost you a sale of over $1000. How do you expect most folks to wrestle that much weight into their homes?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Found a console table on Wayfair.com that we were interested in purchasing. Had the item in my cart at a certain price only to find that they switched the price when I went to check out. Making matters even stranger, the company sent me an email earlier in the day urging that I make the purchase at the original (lower) price. Customer service was unwilling to honor the lower price point referred to in both my cart and email and even worse unapologetic. This is the second time that Wayfair has increased the price of our item(s) at the time of check out in as many attempts to use the company's website. Very disheartening. I do not know if this is something they are known for, but it seems very much like a bait-and-switch operation from our experience. We will not be frequenting their website or those of their sister stores.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Cuisinart roasting pan 1 day before Thanksgiving for $75:91. Checked the price Black Friday, they RAISED TO $100:99. Saturday, Sunday back to $75:91 but today, CYBER MONDAY RAISED AGAIN: $100:99. Make you believe it's discounted from $180. Amazon price was steady $65:99. Never anywhere over $100.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My first time purchasing an item from Wayfair and I am very unsatisfied. I bought a snowman Christmas inflatable and the material is so cheap. It looks like it can rip so easy and also the air pump is so small for a 8ft inflatable. I will not purchases no more from Wayfair.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I will never shop Wayfair again. After ordering a free standing T. P. holder that looked good in the picture, I was flooded with unwanted emails from Wayfair. The product didn't hold the T. P. securely and upon returning the item I found that I was to be charged $9.25 for return shipping.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I ordered a range hood from Wayfair after the one I had failed. When I ordered, I failed to notice that it ONLY exhausted to the outside. What I needed was one that recirculated. After I noticed my mistake I tried calling Wayfair in both the U.S. and Canada to find out by what process I could cancel the order. In both instances what I got a recording. It said that I was calling outside of regular hours (I called at 10 am) and there was no one to take my call.

I also sent three emails, but haven't received a response. The item has now shipped and I have no way of knowing if it can be intercepted. Don't be fooled by the funny, amusing commercials filled with dancing housewives decorating their homes with Wayfair items. Wayfair does not give a damn about customer satisfaction... Just your money.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Because I am new to online ordering, I was unaware of expectations in the delivery of furniture. I "assumed" that the item would be delivered to an apartment and actually brought in. This was not the case. The item was being delivered as a gift to a indigent disabled person who has no way of bringing the heavy boxes into her home. Nor was it obvious that it would require assembly - that's on me because I didn't read the description well enough, but it would have been nice if they made that more obvious. I will never order from Wayfair again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I would give ZERO STARS. My nightmare started with Wayfair back in Sept when I placed the first order and continues two months later. The delivery company Wayfair uses in Florida is outsourced. They are inexperienced and unprofessional. It took over 2hrs to get the sofa bed in the door and they damaged the walls in my entrance hallway and damaged the furniture as well. I was advised by Wayfair that I had to deal with the contractor, Apogee to get the property damage repaired. This took over 3 weeks to complete. Wayfair had to deliver another sofa due to the damages. The 2nd sofa arrived defective with staples sticking out of the sides. The same delivery company came and assured me there would be no property damages. When they left, I saw there was another hole in the wall as they did not secure the entrance door.

At this point I had a Case Manager and the case was escalated to her Manager. This Manager has ignored my calls and emails for help to fix my property. I even found the COO name on Google and emailed him. He did answer and said he would take care of it. He never did. 5 DAYS BEFORE THANKSGIVING AND THERE ARE HOLES IN THE WALLS BY WAYFAIR. When the COO says he will take care of it and does nothing...shows you what to expect, nothing. There have been 3 deliveries of the same sofa, damaged and stained. There have been 2 separate damages to my property. Wayfair fixed the first damage and has ignored my numerous requests to get the 2nd damages repaired.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I ordered the Copenhagen SOFA after spending a few weeks trying to decide on which item to order...which advertised 2-day shipping, on 9/24/18. At time of checkout- I realized (apparently) the 2-day shipping didn’t apply to the exact item I ordered. I assumed this was because of the color- which I was willing to wait a few days for. The item was to be shipped/delivered by mid October (I don’t remember the exact dates). On the day my SOFA was to be shipped, I received an email that it was backordered and would be shipped 11/9/18 and delivered by 11/16/18.

Maybe a week before it was shipped I logged in to my Wayfair account to see if there had been any updates or further delays. My order invoice now read: Copenhagen LOVESEAT. I contacted customer service and they said that I had ordered the LOVESEAT even though my original invoice read SOFA. Fast forward, I tried to cancel the order and was told by customer service that the item was already being shipped and that I could not cancel the order. The following Monday I received an email informing my item was STILL BACKORDERED and would not be shipped until January 2019!!!

This is the most ridiculous company. They changed my order, promised ship dates, refused to cancel orders, then further delayed shipping!?! FOR AN ITEM OTHER THAN THAT WHICH I ORDERED!!! Has anyone even received what they ordered in the time frame in which it was promised!? For the actual item ordered!?! I have never experienced worse customer service. Don’t waste time trying to decide on WHAT to buy, because chances are you’ll never even see it. I will be spending at least twice as much SOMEWHERE ELSE just to NOT deal with this disgusting business.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Not all parts were in the package... Some parts with no use were included. Maybe they would have had a use if all other parts were there. Received two incomplete assembly instructions... Each was different from the other. Both left off things. The quality was such that you could not tell how things went together. Nice picture in the catalog but impossible to assemble the way it was supposed to go together. Thoroughly disgusted. I will not order from them again.

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2018

So the Sane day I wrote my review complaining about their shipping and all, my order was shipped Friday and was delivered to my door Tuesday. When it came, a few things were missing from the set and the vanity mirror appeared to have been previously used, it had marks and chips on the back. I contacted company and sent pictures and they were very quick to help me reach a resolution. From either refunding me or sending me a replacement. Overall I'm satisfied with the way they handled the issues and cared enough to resolve it quickly. I still think they can do better with how fast their items ship but then again, I don't really know what it takes to ship bulky items.

Overall I'd recommend them

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This was the first time I tried Wayfair and it will surely be my last. I wish I went with Amazon. Only thing was they didn't have what I was looking for at the time. I ordered a vanity set on Nov 12 which was a Monday and was showing it would ship out that Wednesday. Come Wednesday my order hadn't shipped and when I checked to see what was going on I found that the order had been placed on hold. Not knowing what that meant I waited thinking it will ship out by end of day, come Thursday it was still showing the same, I called them and the rep said it was placed on hold because I used split payment methods.

This was a first for me because I've done that before but with Amazon and they never had an issues processing my orders. Fast forward the rep told me she's contacted the financial department to have it processed. Later that day it shows it was ready to ship out by the following week Wednesday and wouldn't be delivered until another week Wednesday. What? 3 weeks for an order that showed would be delivered next week. That's really bad business. And they have Amazon to compete with, jee even Walmart sticks to their word. I'm extremely disappointed and will never order from them again nor recommend them. Please Wayfair do better!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My issue was with their shipping policy. I ordered a dining room set. I needed it by a certain day so I decided to drive to Thousand Oaks from Riverside to pick it up myself. When they brought it out it was just a table, told them I ordered the set. Someone from the office came out and said he would take care of it and refund my account. Couple of weeks later I get a bill for $105.00. Called to get it removed and then there was nothing they could do about it. Said it was for shipping. Told them there was no shipping. I drove to pick it up myself. Refused to refund me the $105.00. I will be suing them...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

On October 24th placed a $13,000 order for master bedroom items. By Monday, November 19th will have my final piece. Extremely pleased with selection options, customer service personnel helpful and permitted to make decisions and lead times are short. Tracking information is valuable. Have had a good experience with the consolidation agent as well.

Solved my defective chair problem promptly. One lampshade is somewhat defective so immediately replacing. Since placed order, have had prices reduced by over $400 by noticing price reductions. No problem; customer service credited me back. Received special financing terms through their association with Comenity Bank that cannot be beat. Overall this is going to be my go to website.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I ordered a king size headboard that was being delivered to a vacation home in FL in which we were going to be at to receive the delivery. Delivery was promised on website 5-7 Days as it was in stock. Received first notification that it would be delivered in 2 weeks leaving us some leeway which was fine until I phoned to ensure that it would be delivered while we were at the home. They indicated that it's a large parcel... blah, blah, blah which of course it is a large parcel. It hasn't changed dimensions from the time of ordering! What has changed is it went from 2 weeks to three weeks which would be nice if we were still at the house to receive it! False advertising and delivery promises which equates to NEVER AGAIN for this customer!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

First off beware. The color the product looks like on the website will not necessarily be the color you get. Ordered a grey dresser. Got a dresser that looks almost black. Second the dresser came damaged and it took an additional four weeks to replace. When I asked they remove and take away the packaging as a gesture of goodwill for having the damage and delay they refused. Doesn’t exactly make me want to deal with them again.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I ordered a cooktop. Received an email that would be at hub by today Nov 9th or before and would get an email on delivery date. Looked at tracking. Now says won't get to hub until the 15th. Called and spoke to two people and all they can say is, "Sorry we cannot help you." I have to get gas ran now. Have to reschedule for gas company to run lines. They couldn't give any update other than no one works on weekends. I would never recommend using them. Looks like no Thanksgiving at my house. The worst part is no customer service plus taking 3 weeks to get here from California. Worst customer service.

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs