3.59/5
Based on 1,726 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

4561 Wayfair Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 21, 2019

I chose just one fantastic item I’ve gotten recently (it’s the most beautiful Turkish rug I’ve ever seen), but I think Wayfair is the best online store, period. This is a long review with lots of anecdotes, but I’m taking the time because I love Wayfair that much. In the last 12 months I’ve placed 18 or 20 orders, and ALL have been positive experiences (ordering, delivery time, the item itself). The selection and prices are fantastic! Of course many things are out of my price range, but I just wait till a sale, and they have a lot of those. And if I can’t order a $2000 couch I love, I like that Wayfair shows you similar items that you might not find easily on your own (because their inventory is immense). And don’t think of Wayfair as just a “home furnishings store.” All three of our best cat trees and best cat carrier came from Wayfair. Their pet selection is phenomenal! Actually, I think Wayfair has just about everything except for clothes.

If I’ve had a question (dozen or so times) or a problem (so rare!), when I emailed or called customer service, I got someone who was professional, helpful, and charming. Questions are answered quickly, and my one problem was fixed ASAP. I’m a bit mystified when I see some of the negative comments about customer service, because each person I’ve had an exchange with online, via email, or the phone has been super nice.

We just bought our first home, and Wayfair is where I’m going for all our furnishing & decorating needs. In the last few months I’ve gotten 3 incredible rugs, a velvet sofa, a cool framed artsy print, an upholstered platform bed, two dining room chairs, a chic serpentine wall ramp for our cats (looks more like art than a cat perch), and just yesterday I ordered a slew of curtains and a mattress. (They offer a 100 Night Trial, so I decided why not?) And believe me, their mattress prices are a 100 times better than the other trendy online mattress purveyors.

I got a 12” Queen with pillow-top, cooling tech, and memory foam for around $370. And if it’s not as comfy as we want & need, I know returning & exchanging it will be a breeze. Every purchase has met or exceeded my expectations in quality, appearance, price, and ease of ordering experience. Nine out of nine times just since March (and I bet 15 of 15 once curtains & mattress arrive). It doesn’t seem statistically possible, but it’s happened! Wayfair is a wonderful business.

BTW, I was invited to their Tried & True program about 5 months ago, so I’ve gotten more items than I’d normally purchase, but I guess I got the invite because I was a good customer. My review is positive because it’s a wonderful business. And if anything, being in the program means that I’ve had a lot more experience choosing from a rich inventory, dealing with shipping, assembling some furniture, etc. Last thing. I used to live in L.A. but now live in a very small university town (non-student population is 10,000). The nearest big shopping center is in Spokane, 70 miles away. Wayfair brings the limitless shopping opportunities of L.A. literally to my doorstep! Without Wayfair, all I’d have is, well, let’s call it S-Mart like in the fictional ‘Evil Dead’ movies. If you had a negative experience, give them another chance. And if you haven’t tried Wayfair yet, please do. I think you’ll be as happy with everything as I’ve been.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Okay so I was sooooo wary to purchase from Wayfair because of the terrible reviews online everywhere, but I decided to chance it because they had a coffee table I was in love with at a really good price. I winded up spending about $300 on a lifttop coffee table, a Keriug coffee pod holder, and a set of sheets. Boy, was I surprised. Everything shipped with 3 days, and delivered within a week. It was delivered right to my front door, all packaged nice and tight. First, the coffee pod holder, not hard to mess that up, so it was perfect and exactly as described. Second, the sheets. They fit perfectly and truly feel amazing, even my boyfriend (who doesn’t know a thing about thread counts) said he could feel a difference from our other lower-quality sheets.

My only issue with the sheets (and my only issue with my Wayfair purchase at all) was that the sheets did have a weird smell to them when I first opened the package. However, this was fixed with one wash (and everyone should be washing new sheets before they put them on their bed for the first time anyways). Smell is gone and I’m still happy.

Lastly, for my main purchase: the coffee table. I am in love!!!! It is perfect. Exactly as described. I am extremely pleased with the wood quality, especially at the price. It did take some time and dedication to put together, because there are a lot of steps and pieces, but the instructions were super easy to follow. I’ll wrap up this review to say, please give Wayfair a chance. I never write reviews, but I knew I had to give Wayfair the credit they deserved. I saw their 1-2 star rating everywhere and almost didn’t order anything, but I’m so glad I gave them a shot. I will definitely be buying from them again! Happy shopping everyone!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I received my bed on time but damaged. The instructions that came with the bed instructed me to contact DHP (Dorel Home Products) and not Wayfair if there was a problem. That's what I did. DHP was absolutely NO help! I contacted Wayfair on a replacement headboard. Wayfair's customer service is so exceptional! I really like the bed and had to put it together for a "New Home Tour" my area. If the dent had been on the back of the headboard it wouldn't have been a big deal. It's right on the top on front, no way to hide it. I hoped DHP could understand the importance of getting the headboard replaced rather than taking it all apart and shipping it back. They couldn't and were absolutely NO help.

I let them know that the packaging of this product was the problem. It did not seem to have much protection and the box didn't appear damaged. Wayfair sent me a brand new bed at no cost and gave me a credit. This would have been a bad situation had it not been for Wayfair's OUTSTANDING customer service. DHP will be going out of business if they continue to operate with POOR customer service. Thank you WAYFAIR!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

Purchased a loft bed, the delivery was earlier than quoted (First star). Instruction manual was very clear and easy to follow (Second star). Product was very sturdy, good solid material (Third Star). However, one of the parts was damaged during shipping as I can see the box is dented as well. Not really Wayfair's fault, but rather FedEx's fault or whichever courier it was. The replacement process was painless, log on to their website, it links directly to the my order, and then to the manual, and then you can easily see which part you can tell them to replace. The whole process took 3 minutes (Fourth Star). The part wasn't available and they simply sent a replacement bed for me. Talked to customer support during this time, I waited only 10 seconds on the line and the lady was extremely polite and helpful (Fifth Star).

I don't see why so many negative reviews on such a great company. People complain about the stuff is too heavy to carry by themselves. But if you buy from IKEA, don't you have to carry everything by yourself up the stairs to your apartment as well? Plus you have to load everything into your car to bring the stuff from the store to your apartment. Wayfair delivers it to your address without you lifting a finger. I feel such reviews are very unjust.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

8/16/18 I ordered Kosas Home Norman Reclaimed Natural Pine Platform King Bed thru Wayfair. After doing some research I found this Kosas Home Norman Platform King Bed. Everything was good but when the guys deliver the bed, I guess it was my mistake for not checking the packing slip and signing their phone app. Also Why did they not see that? It's their job to check the packing slip and that all boxes are delivered, right? I was in a rush leaving the house when they came so I did not checked and assumed everything was delivered.

I noticed later when I read the packing slip that it was suppose to be 3 boxes and only 2 boxes were delivered. I trusted the 2 guys and even tip them. Well big mistake, my husband was upset too, so I called Wayfair and told them what happened. So to make the long story short, Wayfair did send the headboard and even gave me a 10% discount and also added assembly later on since it was taking forever to receive the headboard I called 9/4 and received 9/24. The guys were very nice and assemble it all. It was time consuming but it got resolved. I would have given 5 stars, but all the worries and mistakes have to be accounted for. The Platform King Bed is just beautiful, good build and well made.

If you love solid wood and strong well made bed this is it! It is the natural color like the picture shows, exactly as I thought - just perfect! You will enjoy this bed for a lifetime or so. We just can't say enough our bedroom is aesthetically amazing! By the way it is huge so you do need a big bedroom for this kind of bed. ***** stars for the bed itself!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I was lured in to shopping at Wayfair because they seem to have good products and good prices. However, when you shop online it's never a sure deal until you see the item in person. SO after making a couple purchases that I thought were excellent, the item wasn't what I wanted and I set about returning them, which is where the problem begins. They REALLY don't want returns, and make it far more expensive to return items than even the cost of the item. I bought 2 laundry baskets, totaling $27 (yeah, stupid, I know), and they wanted me to pay $45.00 to ship them back. I also bought a small bedside table with drawers that was flimsy and not worth the cost but it would cost me over $100 to return it and the chest only cost $125. My suggestion is to never buy from Wayfair unless you know what you're buying and never intend to return it. It doesn't help that they helped furnish the migrant "camps" at the Texas/Mexico border. Terrible company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We purchased a playhouse for our granddaughter and it has been over a month and we have not received the playhouse. They do not know what they are doing when it comes to this product. We have called customer service and they just tell you, "We will call you back." It has been a nightmare. No experience in shipping a bulky and heavy product. They do not communicate with their shipping company. Shipping company expected for a residential customer to have a forklift in their home for delivery. CRAZY!!! A little advice for Wayfair, if you make a mistake selling a product you suck it up and do what you got to do to make sure customer gets product even if it means you have to lose money on freight. THAT IS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

We bought four of these chairs, a little more than a month ago. In that time, I have been literally ejected from the chair twice. Each time I fell out, I was leaning forward once and just sitting forward on the front edge of the seat once. If you have the chair on bare tile floors or any bare floor I’m sure, and, say you drop a pen on the floor and bend forward to pick it up, the chair rolls so well it will fly out from under you and leave you helpless underneath it. In my case, twice, and I have hurt myself each time. Incredulously, we will keep our chairs and try to remain focused on our movements, because the chairs are so lovely and add elegance to the room. I would warn any guest to take care when sitting down, and I believe a child could really be hurt badly. I have tried to report it to Wayfair and probably got nowhere, with a “notation” being made by the representative.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

Very poor customer service. I ordered 2 sofas one month back. When they delivered the sofa, one of the sofas was of the wrong color. After 10 days of the complaint, when they come to replace the wrong sofa, the replacement was also of the wrong color. I don't know how many days they will take now. I also had a bad experience in the past as well. I purchased a divider and when it reached me, it was already damaged.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I ordered the 'Versailles Right Hand Facing Sectional with Ottoman' on August 5th. It arrived on August 20th (despite them advertising "2-day shipping") and was completely damaged. I got a call from the deliverymen warning me that it was missing a box and that I should come downstairs from my 5th floor apartment before they even bothered bringing it up. They asked me if I had been informed by Wayfair that the product was damaged - I had not been but apparently they had known it was damaged for quite some time before the delivery. Not only were both boxes of the sectional completely ripped open, the couch was scratched and it was completely missing the ottoman that it should have come with.

The delivery men were kind and knew that I would not be accepting the boxes. They told me 'sometimes they just try to give out the broken furniture because they can make a profit off of it instead of just donating it to charity'. I have heard bad things about Wayfair before but after spending $800 on a couch I would expect more than this. Everything about the order was damaged and bad. I will be expecting a full refund and will not be ordering from Wayfair again. Three weeks later, still couchless and now out $800. Thanks, Wayfair!

Wayfair expert review by ConsumerAffairs

This e-commerce retailer for home furnishings has brand partnerships with Joss & Main, AllModern, Birch Lane and Perigold. Shopping app is easy to use.

• Selection: Millions of products from over 10,000 suppliers.

• Loyalty Program: MyWay membership benefits include extra discounts.

• Returns: Items must be sent back within 30 days of delivery with original packaging. Clearance items, gift cards and personalized products are not eligible for returns.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs