3.3/5 (872 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

I purchased two furniture items that had to be assembled from Wayfair. One arrived over a week late and did not have any parts. I had to wait several days for these to come. Once assembled, I saw that some parts were made out of cardboard, or door knobs were not aligned, or the doors would not shut. I paid to have these assembled. Also, the cardboard piece was damaged. I found out that to return the products, I would have to un-assemble and pay the return freight. Every time I called Wayfair, they were no help. They told me to contact the manufacturer or FedEx - once I paid my money I was ignored. To make matters worse, I found the same products on Amazon. Had I purchased from them, I would have saved over $200. Wayfair has a policy of not meeting prices. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

If you watch Wayfair commercials you think it is easy to order and it is!!! But once you want to return any item, the nightmare begins. I tried to return cabinet knobs and pulls and it was a ridiculous process, numerous phone calls, and eventually no credit given. With Amazon, returns are super easy and seamless. I am no longer a Wayfair customer. They love to deliver to you but make it very cumbersome to return anything! Buyer beware!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I purchased a chandelier from Wayfair by "Josh & Main" for $480.00 plus tax. The light arrived today and it's a light from Kichler. Kichler is a good company but if I had know it was coming form Kichler I could have saved myself $85.26 because the same light is for sale on several sites for $393.74. Wayfair's site never mentioned it was a Kichler light. Needless to say I can't trust Wayfair anymore so they've lost a customer for life.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

Horrible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM WAYFAIR. I been trying to return a damaged bedroom, Wayfair won't call me and I been going back & forth thru email, and no one would help me. They keep saying that they can't reach me on my phone which is not true, I even gave them my work number and still they won't call me. I'm so tired of their customer service and it doesn't seem like I'm getting anywhere, I would really appreciate if someone can help me. Even the Delivery people won't call me and I sent them few emails and I never heard back. I have all the emails with Sonya the executive resolution.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

I was online shopping for ottoman. One came up as a closeout sale for $44.99. I purchased it the purchase went on my credit card. The next day they reverse the purchase and said that the ottoman was never priced for that amount. I had a screenshot with the price of the Ottoman and my card was also charged that price but they told me it was over $300 if I wanted it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

They had a listing selling tiles in sets of 12. I ordered 720 linear ft of it. They sent me individual tiles instead. I called to verify the correct amount. I was advised it should have been a set of 12 per order by every representative on the phone except the last one. Promised to remedy...never did. They managed to correct the listing after a month of my inquiries, but never fixed the issues. When I called the agent told me only option was to cancel. I cancelled. Response to online complaints were emails only explaining orders had been cancelled. Never owned up to issue of verification of amount of tiles ordered on their site not matching with orders. The last agent I had on the phone said errors in listings were not their responsibility. Untrustworthy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

We ordered a kitchen table. The glass top arrived before the table foundation. When the table foundation arrived, the box was torn and the base of the table was scratched. We immediately reported the problem and were told that they would be sending a new base. It never arrived. In fact, when my husband questioned Wayfair they offered a 25% refund. After waiting several months, we felt this was unacceptable. We provided evidence that the table had been damaged in shipping. In any case, we will never order anything from Wayfair again. They are not honest as they tell you one thing and never follow-up. Extremely poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I am truly done with wayfair.com. Today a comforter arrived that is pictured in a lovely medium green on wayfair.com. The actual comforter is an extremely pale green and it smells so bad that I put it and its carton in the garage. I wasted time "chatting" on wayfair.com and got nowhere asking for a pre-paid return label. Spoke to a very obnoxious and rude female rep named Taylor. When she refused to send me a pre-paid label I asked to speak to her manager or the CEO. That's when Taylor hung up on me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

With the pandemic and changing jobs, I’ve had budgeting issues but needless to say I have always tried to keep in contact and pay my bills. This company doesn’t care if your long paying customer and will just give you late fees without any help. Don’t get the credit card!!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I ordered 3 mattresses as well as a couch. The couch did not last and the mattress will have to be replaced before 4 years. Unacceptable, if I could post pictures you’d be horrified. So, I suggest not buying from them because they do not stand by their products' durability.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

WAYFAIR not fair. After carefully reading the description for an umbrella base. We needed 2 bases for a freestanding patio umbrella. Only after I purchased two and read the instructions did I become aware that they advised this was best used with a table. This was not mentioned on the website. They will not cover return shipping (while Amazon does). #wayfair #wayfairunfair

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I had a worst experience with Wayfair especially with their customer service. I've been waiting for my order for 1 month and it was never shipped. I tried calling customer service to get my order cancelled and process refund which they outright refuse citing some policies. Their managers are worst, I think they are trained to not be empathetic to any customers, this is the response from one of those blood sucking monsters - 'You are making a big deal out of simple item worth 50$, I wonder what else is going on in your life, you should probably check yourself with doctor'. I don't know what else to say here, how can they comment about my personal life? This is a horrible experience, I'm never going to order again. Please stay away from companies like this, now I truly understand the greatness of Amazon and how transparent their policies are and how empathetic they are to customers.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

They left me a $800 vanity in front of the house. After I called them to return/exchange they claimed that the 100 parts inside were not damaged and they are not willing to refund or exchange the unit. After back and forth they were willing to take it back but with one catch which I had to pay $300 shipping in order to return it - this is the last time I am doing business with them. They were great once but in the past 6 month everything I bought from them had an issue.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I ordered a 9'x12' outdoor rug from this company on 7/23/22 and since then I have received a 2'x4' rug as a replacement 3 times. When I called customer service (for the third time today in 2 weeks) they said the price I paid on 7/23/22 was labeled wrong and that they would not honor the price I paid on my original receipt. Their solution is to give me a 10% discount, which is basically a slap in the face. What company does this? If I had gone to an actual brick and mortar store, with actual sales people, they would honor the price I had paid. Since Wayfair is a big company, it seems that they feel they do not need to respect the customer and honor the pricing. They want to get more money from a situation that was caused by them, not by me.

This company does not care about what consumers think about them, only the bottom line for their board members and stockholders. I would recommend shopping elsewhere for items you would need from businesses that respect you and appreciate your business and that is NOT Wayfair. This was the first and last time I will be buying anything from them.

Original review: July 27, 2022

I signed up because we are building a house and I was ordering a lot of things from Wayfair. There was a promotion for spend $350 get $35 in rewards. The problem is, they do not update rewards. I have spent close to $3000 and have only received $29 in rewards. Nothing has been posted to my rewards since June 3rd. I have made numerous calls and do not get a follow up and my account still isn’t updated. They are horrible to work with and I will end up canceling this card.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I paid for overnight delivery of a fan for my daughter overheating in camp. The cost of shipping was more than the product. Delivery was after my daughter left the camp. Total lack of customer service. True idiots answering the phone with no ability to help and unfriendly to boot.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I ordered a credenza. I paid for "white glove delivery". The delivery company showed up and damaged my wall and the product. The delivery company took the product back. Wayfair charged me a return delivery fee + won't pay on the damaged wall. The process was I had to get an estimate to get the wall fixed. I sent that. It's been 9 months and hours of phone calls. They tell me I have to deal with the delivery company even though I hired wayfair. They will not give me the delivery company's phone number. They said the delivery company has been in contact with me and trying to resolve but never heard from them. I call wayfair asking for the delivery company's contact but they will not release it to me. Now they want to turn me into collections for the charges when they owe me money. All emails get returned saying I have to call. I call and get the run around for hours.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I placed an order a month ago and the expected delivery was 15th of July but I never got the bed delivered. After talking to your agents couple of times, every time what I hear is that the bed is stuck in customs and will be delivered in 2-3 days. It was my first time ordering from this company and it was so disappointing. Today, on 25th July I called again to your customer service and asked the agent to transfer the call to the supervisor. Her name is Andrey, after explaining her the whole situation, what she offered me is either they will replace the order for the same bed or they will refund the more, which is not acceptable after waiting for a month. I asked her to transfer the call to the manager and what I heard is that she is the head and she don't have any manager. Anyhow I convinced her to let me talk to anybody from higher authority.

She transferred the call to the manager named Katy. Again, she offered me two things either a replacement or a refund. The bed you was not able to deliver in a month, how should I believe that it will be delivered in 3-5 days. At last, I am left with the only option of refund. The bed I ordered was the time of sale. I can't find any bed for the same price. After making me wait for a month, what was offered is just a refund. It is so disappointing and will never shop from Wayfair again.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Ordered the couch, it came with a bent bracket. My replacement came. I asked to return the damaged piece. They said keep it. I am a senior person and have no way of disposing this. I was told not their problem. Now I have half of a couch in my living room with nowhere to dispose of it. Furniture is cheap looking. Plastic legs. I will never order anything from Wayfair again. It's not worth it.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I cannot believe how poor the customer service at Wayfair.com and I never never ever purchase anything from there again. What's so disappointing is Wayfair has really nice merchandise. However the customer service is so poor it's just not worth it. I'm a person that will pay for quality service. Each and every customer service rep that I encountered was defensive, dismissive no one wanted to listen or take responsibility. I was hung up on 4 times. I was placed on mute not hold but mute for 39 minutes once the rep realized that I wasn't gonna hang up she hung up on me. I ordered a Refrigerator on 6/20/22 I had a delivery sched for. 7/11/22. I was given a delivery window of 12 am to 12 am. I waited all day.

No one from Wayfair or the delivery company informed me that my delivery was not going to happen. It took me 3 hrs to finally get an answer after going back and forth between the two for hours. I find out that I'm gonna have to wait an entire week because that's the earliest avail delivery date. Once again I had to find this out on my own I got no assistance from customer service. Today my refrigerator was finally delivered and the old one was supposed to be hauled away. The gentlemen hooked up the new fridge and took the old fridge only to leave it on my front lawn. Once again I call Wayfair customer service and after speaking with 4 different reps being on hold another 29min and hung up on twice. I was told to contact the delivery company. The delivery company tells me they did not have orders to haul the fridge away... So why was it taken out of my home???

I call Wayfair customer service back sit on hold for another 40min and get transferred to 2 supervisors because clearly no one wants to deal with the problem. The last person I spoke with claimed they were the supervisor of the advocacy dept. She told me to ask my neighbor to bring my fridge back in my house and call bulk trash. Even though I paid for it to be hauled away... Now of course I can't leave it in my front yard because my HMO will penalize me. I am completely shocked and disgusted that a company with such nice merchandise could possibly have the absolute worst customer service. I will never purchase so much as a dinner fork from Wayfair solely because of the putrid customer service that I received. If I could return the fridge and get my money back I would.

This definitely is the WORST SERVICE I have ever received and I will make sure I follow up with a formal complaint to the cooperate office as well as the BBB and I will also make sure I provide the same review on Consumers United as well as the Wayfair Website. Especially since the Advocate supervisor informed me that the reviews would come back to her anyway so it didn't matter.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I often shop online at Wayfair.ca and other sites. On July 12th, 2022, I was looking to buy a patio conversation set. I surfed all day on various websites scouring numerous pages of patio furniture looking for a great deals. Then I found it on Wayfair.ca! Polyethylene (PE), Polyethylene (A Wicker 5 - Person... by Red Barrel Studio). It was a set by Red Barrel Studio! I was so happy. I thought this was too good to be true. I placed the order and received confirmation. My credit card confirmed that the purchase was completed and I waited for a tracking number to be sent. I received this notification: **.

At 3:40 pm on July 17th, 6 DAYS LATER, I received an email stating that the conversation set I purchased was "cancelled"!!! I was totally confused and was wanting my patio ready for my kids summer visit! Now, it was way too late to order something else and have it set up in time for their arrival!! I immediately called Wayfair.ca. I spoke with a representative (Talisha), who I must say was the nicest and most helpful customer service rep I have ever dealt with!!! But she couldn’t help me! She looked up the order, apologized and explained that a pricing error had occurred.

I have never had this happen before with any online retailer before! I was really upset that Wayfair.ca had cancelled my order without any notification or communication. I received an email with an apology and a %10 off discount code. Imagine!!!! You can get 10% off with a sign up!!! I did not think that was fair and did not equate to what I was going to receive. I asked to speak with a manager but she explained that it wouldn’t help and read Wayfair.ca's policy. This is it, so buyers beware!!

Now my kids are coming and I’m stuck with my old rusty set!!! Wayfair.ca should be held accountable! Years ago an airline had a glitch in airline prices for I think it was two dollars and it was honoured!!!! This type of consumer abuse would never happen at any retail store that I know of! If an item is priced incorrectly and the consumer purchases that product in good faith, that price contract should be honoured! I wonder how many consumers tried to cancel an order from Wayfair.ca and we’re refused because the contract was completed??? Buyer Beware of Wayfair.ca.

Original review: July 14, 2022

This company is a scam. They send us two different bed frames, both frames missing parts. You can't even assemble them. I called to explained the situation. Was told they issue me a full refund and I should just discard the beds or donate. I found out they just refunded me for one bed. The second need to be returned and they charge me $40 for return shipping..!!! Why should I pay $40 to return an item that is faulty.?! I called back to speak to a supervisor and received the worst customer service. DO NOT shop from this company, they steal your money.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I purchased 2 complete beds from Wayfair. They are both falling apart, and they are only a year old. The footboards and headboards are loose, the stability under the box spring and mattress is a joke. The stabilizers for these beds are 4 2x4’s that also loosen and make the bed unsafe. Once they come loose, they bend, which makes the bed buckle. The hardware to put these beds together is cheap. My whole experience has been terrible. I thought I was getting 2 good quality beds that would last, but I most definitely did not. I got 2 cheaply made pieces of crap, for the large amount of money I paid for them. I contacted customer service and was told that there was nothing that could be done. Stay away from Wayfair if you want good quality, sturdy furniture, that will last. There is absolutely no way that I will ever be shopping here again.

Original review: July 13, 2022

My sister bought me a chair months ago. The weight capacity is 275lbs. Well no one over 200 lbs. sat in it and very briefly. The chair has twist on legs. The back legs have completely bent. I have bricks supporting the chair!!! I will give you the address it was delivered to. We paid for a dependable product. I'm very put out with the whole experience! I need another chair with the legs already firmly attached. I will never buy anything from you again, unless you make this right. I have also told anyone who would listen to do the same. Please contact me to fix this problem.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I shopped for a queen size platform bed. What I bought was actually only the headboard, which the website did state, but four of the six pictures showed the full bed. They later admitted this was "staging." I specifically needed a platform bed for my mattress which does not have a box springs or other frame and I explained this to the CS rep whom I called just as soon as I realized it was just a headboard, and before it was delivered(!). She cheerfully agreed to give me a refund, after looking for the rest of the bed and being unable to find it. After we hung up, I found the rest of the bed right away, so why couldn't she?

She had suggested I contact the manufacturer. I did not want to do that as my life is way too busy to be hunting down beds. What she did NOT tell me: 1) I would need to print a return label. Because my printer is in another city, this means I would have to go to a print/fax place to get a label. I didn't know this until 9:00PM the night before my next morning scheduled return pickup by FedEx. Secondly, and MOST important: They are deducting $30 for shipping costs from my refund and they didn't tell me this when I called asking to return the item.

So I called again to complain about this additional undisclosed information: The CS rep spent approximately ten minutes repeating her scripted answers: The headboard was clearly stated as a headboard and their return policy and shipping charges are clearly indicated on their website. She has no power to make any adjustments. It is out of her hands! So ten minutes explaining why the company was right, admitting that they "stage" their items photos, and explaining that she could do nothing to help me. I ended up politely terminating the call. I will not be shopping at Wayfair again! I will be warning anyone I speak with, that this is not a company with integrity.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I ask Wayfair for Issue a $100.00 so that my client could have the Damaged chair repaired. Wayfair was only willing to give 25.00 to repair a Damaged Chair. The Customer Care Department was not helpful at all. I will not Recommend Wayfair!

Original review: July 9, 2022

Bought a dresser set from Wayfair, it arrived damaged, they did replace a dresser top for us but that’s about all that went good. Fast forward 5 months, the finish is worn off, drawers do not line up, drawer pulls were drilled crooked and the tall dresser has literally bowed out so much the drawers are literally falling out. Wayfair will NOT stand by their products. Do not purchase from this company. They are selling overpriced crap.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Ordered 3 chairs to replace our old ones. We didn’t open them right away as we had the kitchen updated. When we did the chairs were not the correct ones. Called and emailed Wayfair, they said, "Sorry should have called earlier, we won’t do anything." I am out of 400$ and can’t use them. They don’t stand behind their merchandise!

Original review: July 8, 2022

There seem to be major issues with shipping Mattresses to Canada. The Delta Wayfair shipped me the mattress that also arrive late (wrong size and wrong manufacturer). I have been battling with them and customer service to get this resolved. I am still waiting for the Mattress I ordered June 13. We are getting close to a month. I regret ordering a mattress through Wayfair just to saving a little $$. Go to a local store and pay the extra. Not worth the headache.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Ordered a TV stand from Wayfair 6/29/2022. Was scheduled to be delivered 7/2/2022. Arrived 7/3/2022. Arrived damaged but installer was able to rig it to work. Did not arrive at my door as promised. Fed-Ex just dropped it on the first floor common area where anyone could steal it (thankfully they did not) but it was so heavy I could not bring it upstairs myself, and while that is Fed-Ex's mistake, Wayfair needs to ensure compliance with what they tell customers. Just an overall negative experience.

Wayfair Company Information