3.5/5 (874 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: July 9, 2022

Ordered 3 chairs to replace our old ones. We didn’t open them right away as we had the kitchen updated. When we did the chairs were not the correct ones. Called and emailed Wayfair, they said, "Sorry should have called earlier, we won’t do anything." I am out of 400$ and can’t use them. They don’t stand behind their merchandise!

Original review: July 8, 2022

There seem to be major issues with shipping Mattresses to Canada. The Delta Wayfair shipped me the mattress that also arrive late (wrong size and wrong manufacturer). I have been battling with them and customer service to get this resolved. I am still waiting for the Mattress I ordered June 13. We are getting close to a month. I regret ordering a mattress through Wayfair just to saving a little $$. Go to a local store and pay the extra. Not worth the headache.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Ordered a TV stand from Wayfair 6/29/2022. Was scheduled to be delivered 7/2/2022. Arrived 7/3/2022. Arrived damaged but installer was able to rig it to work. Did not arrive at my door as promised. Fed-Ex just dropped it on the first floor common area where anyone could steal it (thankfully they did not) but it was so heavy I could not bring it upstairs myself, and while that is Fed-Ex's mistake, Wayfair needs to ensure compliance with what they tell customers. Just an overall negative experience.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I ordered a scratching post for $37.39 on a weekend sale, then they said if I add $12 to my order I will get free shipping, so I added measuring cups for $13. So a total of $50.51. I tried to submit my order and it just would not submit. After a couple hours of trying to see if I was doing things right, I called, as this was my first time shopping here. Customer service representative was nice and tried to help, but she said it was the weirdest thing. It was in my checkout and whenever she tried to submit the order it would disappear. So after talking for 44 minutes she sent me to someone else. Who was a wrong department. So then another 11 minutes on hold waiting for someone else.

Finally after speaking to her she realized it was because somehow on the Canadian Wayfair site, an American item was for sale. The item was in fact $79.99 Canadian. Literally two hours of calls and I was told I was out of luck. They saw it in my cart, and they should have worked harder to try to solve the problem. I will not shop there again!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I recently bought a chaise lounge chair from Wayfair. One of the part came damaged and when I worked with wayfair, they said they will work with seller to ship the damaged part. I requested expedited shipping, wayfair told me there is nothing they can do to expedite the shipping. Then why did I even buy from wayfair? I said ok.. Let's go with normal shipping. 15 days goes by and I haven't received the product as yet. When I called wayfair back, they said the carrier sent the shipment back to seller cause it was damaged. Seriously? You guys did not think to communicate this to a customer? Really bad customer service from wayfair. I would not buy from wayfair again! Now they refunded the amount. But I have a damaged lounge chair that I need to take care of disposing on my own. These guys are the worst! The products looks fancy.. But they are all cheaply made particle board mostly from China. Do not get fooled by wayfair.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was leary of buying big furniture online in the first place,but I went ahead because everyone said Wayfair was a good site to use for it. Picked out a new sofa/couch paid for it. It originally said June 28 for delivery then it changed to July 1 now it says we are looking into a delay with your order! So I called Wayfair all they can tell you is no fed x label has been printed for it. Wait a minute let me understand this you take my money for an item you sell on YOUR website without even knowing if that actual sofa was even available.

Now Wayfair after days of no show says ok we will give your money back but it will take 10-15 days to get my money back! Wait a minute why should it take that long? So now I have gone 5 days no sofa and will now have to go another 10-15 before I will even have the money to go to AMAZON and order one. Wayfair you could learn a thing or two from them. Bottom line Wayfair does not stand behind its BUYERS. Don't buy from them unless you want an empty home with a message online saying that there seems to be a delay in your product there looking into it when In reality they're NOT looking into anything.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I have made many, many purchases over the years from Wayfair and never had any problems. Then I get an email June 3rd, 2022 informing me that I owe them money for a purchase I made in February 2021. For anyone who purchases online, you are aware that you don't get your order shipped to you unless it is paid for. They have gone into my history and just erased any payment so I don't even have an idea of what the original payment method was in order to check it. It's pretty terrifying that they could just go into anyone's purchase history and change it. What's to stop them from doing this to more of my purchases? Now they are threatening 'further action'. If you use this company, do so with extreme caution and keep every single receipt in a folder and never throw anything out.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I tried purchasing a dresser online last week. After I entered my credit card info, it says, 'Cannot process at this time.' I tried later, and the same thing happened. Meanwhile, I was charged for both dressers as per my bank. Wayfair tells me they have no record of the purchase. Sounds very shady to me. A few years as ago, I bought an end table and a dresser. Both were described as being solid wood. Neither were solid wood. This is the last straw. I'll never shop from Wayfair again. No trust. What a shady and tacky business.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered a Red Barrel Studio Bookcase from Wayfair. I was shipped a similar product from Bush Furniture. I called their customer Service requesting a return since I did not receive the product I ordered. I was told they sometimes “rebrand” or “repackage” products as their own and ship out similar ones from different manufacturers. This is deceptive marketing practices. I found the actual product I received online at other stores for almost $100 less. Wayfair strategically does this repackaging so online shoppers cannot compare them since the Red Barrel Bookcase is a Wayfair Brand and the Bush Furniture Bookshelf is abundantly sold at many places online. And Wayfair charges return shipping on all products so even though I didn’t receive what I ordered Wayfair still wants to charge me more to return it. I would give this company zero stars and seriously question their company mandated practices which are in place to clearly take advantage of shoppers.

Original review: June 21, 2022

After moving to a new home, I spent thousands of dollars with Wayfair. I received the wrong items with missing parts. One item I order was a marble table top with 1 big black leg as a attachment. They sent me a marble top with a 4 leg attachment. 2 of their supervisors told me they sent me the correct table top. How can you fit 1 big black leg under a table top with 4 leg inserts? Impossible! Wayfair sent me small screws to fit in big holes to attach legs on a coffee table, the screws don’t fit, I cannot assemble the coffee table, wrong screws. Wayfair sent me a FedEx shipping label to return the incorrect marble top. I returned the table top to Meridian New Jersey where the table top originated. The 2nd supervisor told me I did not return the table top, a complete lie! I was on the phone with this company every day for 2 weeks, nothing accomplished except multiple headaches.

For my own peace, I decided it was best to take a 2k financial loss rather than combat this company on a daily basis. I was going to spend thousands of more dollars on bedroom sets. After my initial experience with Wayfair, they have lost my business. This company charges a great deal of money on their merchandise, they contract out to franchises who are the suppliers. My word of caution, is to be careful! You may receive damaged goods, missing parts, and may have to fight into complete misery to fix their mistakes which most of the time they don’t responsibility for. Wayfair doesn’t put the customer first. They are quick to take your money. Wayfair has forever lost my business. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. From customer service to shipping to returns to refunds, it’s all a never ending battle…

Original review: June 20, 2022

It's better to go to a local store than to deal with a company who won't help with the return of their product. They have lost a customer and will continue to lose customers due to their policies. Keep screwing over people and you will be out of business.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I bought a rug and living room table, both on sale and very reasonable for a retired senior. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong size and then they replaced it, but the color was the wrong one. When I told them how much I had to pay for the help to put the rugs down, move furniture and help with the packaging for the returns, they deducted all that from the rug price. The rug is beautiful and so is the table. There is never a problem with Wayfair about returns. Each time I've called with a problem, the CS Rep goes above and beyond to resolve it, staying on until the problem is resolved. Yes, some of their products are not on a par with Ethan Allen or other high-priced furniture stores, but these items are sturdy, well-made and will last, and are very beautiful. Another good thing with Wayfair is the large selection for every type of furniture. I shopped until I found what I wanted.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Purchased item as listed in title: "painting on canvas" and in the product overview: "one of a kind" and in the details: "painting", "acrylic painting" and "wood frame". However the delivered product was a merely digital print, possibly on canvas (hard to tell as it was glued to hardboard) with a particle wood frame, not even connected at corners well. Ok, I will accept particle wood is 'technically wood', but most people would not call it wood. Just like leather and plastic-leather are not the same. Or food and edible are not equivalent. Completely fraudulent listing in my opinion. I recognized it would not be "one of a kind" as it's Wayfair doesn't sell unique items, but I expected it to be a at least a proper and real printing, reproduction, or copy, not simply a image printed.

Customer service did provide a discount when I contacted them, without question and argument (clearly they are aware). As I bought this 'painting' on 70% sale, I will not complain further, but will not likely purchase again, and this review is being done. Interesting this item changed price for a few days, $140 to $40 when I bought it, then next week back to $140 then today was $140, then 15 mins later $100. After I got my refund, however they did not correct the fraudulent/misleading listing wording.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Scammers! Totally scammers! I've tried to canceled order that has not been shipped yet and they don't allow me to do so cause "it's too far in the shipping process". 3 days later I got an email that it has been shipped... Initially promise to deliver between June 14-16. In fact will be delivered on June 21. And I will not be able to return it because it's an open box. Money wasted. People don't make a business with this company.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The materials and diagram-based instructions are great. I would have given them 5 points but for one serious defect: They tried to cut costs by providing a soft aluminum square Allen wrench that warped and was unusable before even finishing half the assembly. I had to go buy an iron wrench to complete the assembly. If they replace the Allen wrench with an iron one, this would be a really great deal.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have successfully used Wayfair for clients as a designer and personally for several years. In the last 2 years however, the quality of the furniture, the packaging and the customer service have completely gone downhill. Furniture repeatedly shows up with missing pieces or damaged. They replace it with more damaged furniture and replacement parts for missing items take weeks to arrive. Customer service reps while friendly, are not given the authority to rectify the situation aside from sending replacement items that show up late and damaged making them order processors, not actual customer service representatives. I've spoken to several designers that have had similar or even identical issues and we not only refuse to use Wayfair going forward, we advise people to avoid them at all costs.

This company went from being a trusted, respected partner with quality, affordable furniture and stellar customer service to a company that does not care about the quality of their merchandise or their customers once they have your money. Plenty of their competitors are happy to take their business and actually care about their reputation not just the bottom line.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I received an email today titled "Last Request Before Collections: Wayfair Order..." which says A) "We have made attempts to contact you regarding payment but have not received a proper response" and B) That I owe money for a previous order. Not only have I never received any prior notifications about an outstanding balance, but also the order in question had its shipping fee refunded to me because they never sent the original item and I was not paying for expedited shipping.

This email is absolutely unacceptable and I do not take kindly to the threat that they will "take legal action". They're trying to bully me into paying money I do not owe.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Product detail states Power Reclining Heated Massage Chair, line 4 of the specs state. Reclining Type: Power. Called Wayfair when I received the chair and it was Manual. The response I received was if you look down at line 10 of the specs it states Manual. And the power refers to the heat and massage. Basically blowing me off. Why would product title and spec show POWER.. but 10 lines down show manual. It's called FALSE ADVERTISING

Original review: May 26, 2022

Ordered furniture May 9, charged my card May 10,? May 10 will arrive before May 17, call May 19, will get back to you... Keep calling, they never call back, it is May 26, new excuse every day, I'll do this today, next day "oh we started that just today." Oh it takes 1 day, 10 minutes later it takes 3 days.... Ineffective customer service, website and communications that lie and change stories every time I talk to them. Not to be trusted.

Resolution response: June 2, 2022

I have not been able to resolve this through communication with either company. I will pursue this through legal channels. Had so much hope this would turn out better.

Original review: May 25, 2022

We ordered a QCA Punta Cana spa in the middle of 2020 from Wayfair. We were warned that it would take 6 to 7 months to get the item but it was the same time from everyone else. We were offered our money back but decided to wait it out. Spa was delivered in spring of 2021 and we had it wired and installed. Wonderful experience to this point and I can say we use it almost every night.

Now the downside. The cover that is from SewTech of MI has failed and is waterlogged but only on one side. We have had spas for over 25 years and expected to buy a new cover every 5 years or so. This one has failed in less than a year while under the warranty period. I was not able to contact the cover manufacturer either by phone and email and was completely ignored. I asked Wayfair to help and they gave me a phone number to try. Bottom line is that they will not honor the warranty and insisted that I damaged it, but somehow only on side. SewTech does not seem to be an honorable company and I wish that Wayfair would use a better supplier for the covers so I could give this a 5 star review.

Original review: May 25, 2022

It seems like everything I've ever bought from Wayfair has an issue. 1) Sometimes the item is never received. 2) Every item that requires assembly is either damaged/scratched/dented or screw holes are far from lining up, missing parts, wrong parts, etc. - I recently bought 2 large and rather expensive items from them-a gazebo and a propane fire table. Both had major issues. The gazebo was and still is missing parts of the roof - they tell me that the parts have shipped... but I have not received the parts and most of my inquiries have gone unanswered. The fire table had screw holes drilled in the wrong places -some were way off and a lot had to be modified to make the pieces fit. I honestly believe that Wayfair buys items in bulk that were damaged or prepped incorrectly going down the assembly line and then they sell the items for full price and offer a few dollars back if a customer complains. Just my opinion.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I purchased a Copper Lily Wind Rotator by Plow & Hearth from Wayfair. It is not as represented and is not working. First of all it is not copper but some sort of metal with copper-colored paint. It is supposed to rotate in the wind. That is all it is supposed to do. It has been up for 2 weeks and has not turned. The rotator is quite heavy and the blades are not tilted to catch the wind. It probably will not turn in anything less than a hurricane. The basic consumer law is that products are supposed to be as represented and are supposed to function. This thing fails on both counts.

I emailed Wayfair a week ago and have yet to receive an answer. So I checked their posted refund policy: 30 days, you pay shipping both ways (to where and how much not indicated!) restocking fee (?), original packaging required. So onerous to pursue, not worth my time. I am sure I would win in small claims court, but again, not worth my time. Wayfair mostly sells stuff made in China, as does Amazon. But if you are unhappy Amazon gives you a simple way to return it and get your money back. You are a sucker if you buy from Wayfair. It was a birthday gift and I am embarrassed. It is $110 rather unattractive lawn ornament, It will surely rust out before long and wind up in the trash.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Ex bed extraction scheduled for Tuesday May 24, 7am was a no show. My only option given was 24 hours in Thursday which I work. When I first called no answer. They felt that bribing me with a gift card for my time was sufficient. When I finally done to someone on the phone she listed a different time. Shop somewhere else.

Original review: May 23, 2022

Installer “Fabian” was scheduled to show up on a certain day/time to install a computer desk, and NEVER showed, no email, text or call. I paid over $100 for this “service”, and there is no way to speak with anyone in “customer crevice” because it is a Sunday.

Original review: May 15, 2022

I ordered $1300 worth of outdoor cushions and were delivered without the covers. Very very poor customer support and cannot get a confirmation as to when order will be fulfilled. Waste of money & time.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Horrendous experience!!! Zero stars!!! I had the absolute worst experience with Wayfair my first time shopping. I heard really good things about them and I ordered a couch and an office chair. My order got hung up when I tried to pay the extra $30 to have personal delivery into my condo. The first part of my order seemed to go through and $1500 was IMMEDIATELY debited from my bank account. But the $30 delivery fee would not go through even though it was on the same order. So this meant the order got hung up somewhere in outer space and every time I contacted Wayfair they couldn’t see my name, address phone number, or email anywhere.

The customer service was terrible. Nobody could give me a straight answer about anything. Every time I called I had to explain the whole situation over again and got asked all the same questions all over again. I kept getting asked if I ordered through a link on Facebook or Instagram. Apparently a lot of people have been getting scammed that way. I ordered directly from the website which I told every agent every time I called. I really felt like they thought I was trying to scam them. It was very upsetting!

The customer service agents kept saying how they could understand my frustration. Frustration? I was absolutely distraught! They suggested that I dispute the charge with my bank, which I did. That process takes 30 days or more. In the meantime I’m out $1500 and have no couch. After TWO WEEKS Wayfair finally put the money back in my account. No email, no phone call! No communication whatsoever! I’m absolutely done. I will never order from them again. And I’m going to be extremely careful of any ordering I do online in the future. I’m going to be shopping locally in my town for a couch and an office chair. Where I can see the product, get a receipt and get proper customer service.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I contacted Wayfair to confirm that a hall tree I wanted to order would indeed be assembled as Their website stated. The customer service said, "Yep that is what it says." I contacted wayfair customer service before I ordered a hall tree to confirm it would be assembled as the website stated. The customer service person said, "Yes that is what it says." Well I got the item 3 days later in a box with no assembly at all. So I called customer again and told the representative what happen, she looked up the item and said, "We will send you another one that is assembled." I kept checking my account and nothing shipped. In fact it showed it was on hold.

After a week I called again and got a very rude gentleman who said it would not come assembled and the website did not show that. I asked to speak with a manager who said it does state that and she would need to check with the manufacturer to find out for sure and if not they would pay to have it assembled. She said someone would call me back in 1 business day. Not the case. I had to call again and was told by another manager that my only option is to return it and they would pay to have it picked up. I then asked about them paying to have it assembled since the website stated and he said no. They would not do that. I said, "Fine then. I want my money back now." He advised that when it’s picked up and scanned I would get the refund. Not the case. Called this morning and was told it takes 3-5 days before I get my refund. This is my last order with this company and I am spreading the word that this company does not care about customers at all!

Original review: May 11, 2022

Poor customer service and inconsistent information. Purchased item that was time-sensitive, and all systems showed it has been shipped and scheduled to arrive in time. On the day of arrival, the status changed to pending. When I checked online, the item showed as not being shipped yet. So, I called customer service, and they assured me that FedEx had already picked up the item, and it was an issue with FedEx not updating their status yet. When I called FedEx, they stated that they have not received the item yet. I called customer service again, and they said that it is just not showing up in FedEx’s system yet. Later that evening, the item showed up as pending delivery date. Again, told me that it is an issue with FedEx. They went as far as to tell me that their contract with FedEx is to allow 10 days from delivery date before they can submit missing package report.

Because this was a time-sensitive order, I tried to cancel it online. The website stated that the cancellation had been processed. The next morning I get an email stating that the cancellation could not be processed. Then, I got a voicemail from a supervisor or manager stating that there was an issue with air fulfillment computer, and they are working to resolve it. I wrote to my account manager, and I asked her to cancel my order for me. She replied with a generic email and phone number I could use to contact someone else to cancel the order for me. This was the person assigned specifically to my account. This was not a general customer service department. The order still has not been canceled.

Original review: May 11, 2022

Paid on Wayfair sale day a Good Time Popcorn machine only to be back-ordered for 9 weeks. Site now has them available for higher price for immediate delivery. In my opinion just deceiving business practice. Back ordered items should be honored first. Bait and Hook.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I spent several hours picking out patio furniture from Wayfair. Nearly $1750 later, I then had to rearrange my schedule twice because their shipping date changed, which meant my installation date changed as well. I then find out that fed-ex has to leave the boxes outside of my condo, so I have to bring in 3 boxes that weigh between 50-75 lbs in myself. Apparently, Wayfair can only bring furniture inside of a home if it weighs 150 lbs or over. It would be nice to know that little caveat upfront. I suggest that Wayfair makes their delivery policy more clear on their website.

Sadly, I didn’t look at Wayfair’s reviews beyond what they have on their own website. I wasted way too much of my time for absolutely nothing. They were, however “gracious” enough to waive my return fee, making it clear that it was a one time return fee waiver. How thoughtful. I can assure you that Wayfair won’t need to worry about me doing returns in the future, as I have zero intention of ordering from them again.

Wayfair Company Information