3.1/5 (897 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

Wayfair sells third party products and doesn't care if those products are terrible quality. They don't help buyers recover losses from defective products. It's irresponsible and not at all customer focused. They've also "invented" manufacturers that don't actually exist. For example, Alcott Hill does not exist. It's a fake brand that Wayfair has invented and assigned to some of the crappy third-party products they sell. That's just one example, there are several other "brands" they have invented.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

There is currently a scam going on whereby they are advertising a KitchenAid mixer for $69.99. I have the email address requesting payment from me. Contact me if you want it. I’ve purchased from Wayfair before with great results. Hate to see this company being abused.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I placed this order. We had a company event that I needed sofas for. They confirmed I’d receive my order within a Week. Then sent an email that stated it would be 3 weeks. Then they sent an email which stated it would take a total of almost 2 months to arrive after I complained about being misled. They are still false advertising online as we speak saying they have the sofas in stock. They also are stating it could arrive in a week. I would not recommend.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Wayfair delivery is terrible. They schedule large delivery windows (so we scheduled our lives around their delivery windows) and then don't show. It has happened more than once. This last time, they claim they came to our door. My husband was home and we have a ring camera - no one came to the door. It's too bad because the Wayfair products we have purchased are as advertised.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Damaged bbq merchant refused to fix or pick up the merchandise even though they were contacted within 30 days. Paid double price for damaged Schaefer’s as well. Tried to contact them and my credit card disputed both transactions but they kept delaying and won’t cooperate.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Signed up for credit card with Wayfair. Meanwhile I ordered 3 chairs. Then they went on sale two days later. They won't give you the sale price. My third chair came without legs. And it was very difficult to assemble. Then I had to change address. Called Citibank to do that. They won't let you do that over the phone, so who knows where the card is. I will be closing the account for poor customer service from this company.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

Paid for warranty on my recliner, denied my request to replace pillowtop scotchlok armrest...Now the footrest is ripping in the seam. No reason to ask for help....They don't care. Bought a couch which arrived damaged....I'll never buy furniture there again!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I ordered several items from Wayfair. Their merchandise is cheaply made and falls apart. They are horrible about returning any item. They charge a huge fee to return anything. Wayfair's customer service is the worst I have ever known. The agents are rude and unhelpful. Do yourself a favor. Never, ever, ever, order anything from Wayfair. Just look at all the Better Business Bureau complaints against them.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

A couple of years ago, I bought some furniture from Wayfair, along with a $300 Southwestern area rug that boasted it was 100% wool. Over a few month period, I had to fight with customer service people to get at least a partial refund on the area rug because it shed balls of wool as well as spewing wool fibers in the air when it was vacuumed. After Wayfair unwillingly refunded me a partial refund, the area rug continued to shed balls of wool fibers that clogged the vacuum I used which was an excellent vacuum that had always done a very good job of cleaning my carpets.

I called once again and asked to speak to a supervisor. He forced me to take photographs of the shedded wool fibers and wool balls and email them to him while we were on the phone. He tried to get out of refunding me any money, claiming that anything made of wool was notorious for shedding and offered the excuse that he had a wool shirt that was several years old and continued to shed. I refused to accept that as an excuse and insisted that he refund me the remaining purchase price which he finally did because I was so adamant. Because of some extensive repair work that had to be done in my townhouse, my furniture and the rug had to be moved into storage.

When the furniture was in place, I instructed the crew who placed it to unroll the area rug and put back down in the living room, forgetting what a piece of garbage it was. Over the course of the next several weeks, the rug continued to shed wool and clogged two vacuums almost to the point where they were rendered useless. I finally hired a handyman to do some other work and he rolled up the area rug and disposed of it for me.

I also bought quite a bit of furniture from Wayfair, also a big mistake. A dresser I bought had drawers that didn't fit properly and there were gaps between the drawers and the frame of the dresser. I had a corner desk from Wayfair that I purchased for my office and the file drawer in the desk doesn't close all the way and it is not properly fitted into the frame of the desk. Wayfair has proven to be a thorn in my side. I will never ever purchase from them again, preferring instead to go to a reputable furniture store, even though it might prove to be more expensive.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Wayfair agents will try to misguide you when you request a return. I ordered a bed. When I opened the package then it was missing the hardware. Then they ask me to wait for the manufacturer email and it took them a week to send me a hardware. Once I setup the bed then I found the head side legs were having some issue and it was of so poor quality that it would not bear the load itself.

After this when I connected with Wayfair then they first let me wait for the manufacturer email again for 24 hours. When it passed 24 hours and no email then I contacted the wayfair again but this they were asking me to wait for 48 hours. When I requested them to contact their manager then they transferred the call. On my surprise she was so rude and unprofessional that I can't imagine that wayfair have such type of customer facing managers. She said this is not the usual way to return. She was not able to provide the specific solution. Asked me to wait for an email from wayfair and that I might need to drop the bed in the box. This is so ridiculous that how can I carry such a big bed to the courier company. She even expressed a doubt on the reason for the return. FYI I am using Wayfair from last few years and it was my first return. They shown the true face when it came to returning an order. Now I will avoid wayfair for sure. Wayfair Order #**.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I am a master plumber who has installed a multi function shower system bought through Wayfair by a customer, first off the product came missing set screws for handles and the phone number on the manual does not answer calls or return messages, I had to find set screws at a hardware store, now after a few months the cartridge has started leaking and we called Wayfair and they can not provide the name or phone number of the manufacturer of the shower kit nor can they locate or provide the repair parts needed to repair the valve, since it is a shower valve it is roughed in behind the wall so the new beautiful tile job on the shower was has to be demolished to get back into the wall to replace it with a reputable product...this is costing the customer a few thousand dollars more than they had planned to spend and they will be without a shower for the few weeks it takes to coordinate the repairs with myself and the tile company..

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

First their prices are overblown. Second, we received broken materials and they never returned the money, making a lot of excuses. We documented and sent photos of the damaged material that we received. The next day we spoke to the first customer representative, who asked me to send pictures and refused to give me a reference number stating that the refund was taken care of and it will go automatically on the same account the payment was made. 3 days later I talk to a second representative and she tells me no, that is untrue, I had to return the broken bulb and the refund was not warranted at all. That was it. I will never order from them again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

I bought 2 rugs and they look cheap. They aren't heavy enough to lay down. I should have just gone shopping. I won't make that mistake again. I also bought end tables and they were like doll house furniture.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

Have ordered dining set, the order number **, I have been informed an about delivering time via email and I was waiting for the delivery in that time, but the driver has came earlier declared time and twice I have been received the message, that I have been skipped my order. I have been waiting for my order for a one week and my 10 years old son eats from the floor, even in Ukraine during the war we were able to eat as normal people. This is not my fault, that the driver came earlier that time which were indicated, I don't have connection inside of my flat now, we just moved, and I was going to wait outside of main building to receive my order finally, and the second time they came earlier, what the ** service it is? Why should I wait for my money and order more that week and eat from the floor? The help center was not very helpful; they did arrange even urgent delivery on the second day. I would never recommend this shop to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I ordered for Christmas Garlands from Wayfair over other online Retailers because Wayfair quoted 2-3 day delivery. Half the order was delivered on time and the other half showed up on day 5, the day after the Christmas party we hosted. Having the garlands available for the Christmas party was the only reason we ordered from Wayfair. I am returning half the order that was late and am being charged a 30% return shipping fee. Wayfair would not waive the return fee. In the future I am going to keep my business strictly with the big "A" retailer.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I purchased a Pre-lite Christmas tree when they had them on sale (2021) after Christmas. I opened the box and put it up this past week. The center section of the trees strand of lights didn't even have light bulbs installed in there. I reached out to Wayfair they had me contact their vendor and I received another tree. I unpacked this one and only the bottom section of the tree lite up. Wayfair's vendor said I would need to contact Wayfair to get a refund. Wayfair won't even give a refund or even a partial one. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM WAYFAIR AGAIN!!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

We originally decided to update our kitchen glassware, found a qualifying candidate at 40ish dollars. Thinking, at this cost these should be able to take a dishwashing and normal use. We chunked out our various random glassware ranging from 14 years ago to recent years. Random as in, crown royal glasses, higher end whiskey branded glasses, pint glasses, etc. etc. None of those which ever showed wear other than maybe the labeling fading over time as expected.

Well it hasn't even been 12 months since the purchase, 4/16 glasses either webbed, shattered or just looked to not be safe any further being in use. With black friday weekend recently.. We picked up a 6/6 short and tall glassware for 8 bucks, said what the heck let's get a four pack of mimosas glassware for 8 bucks too. I am sure these at a fraction of the cost are going to outlive us even being cheap and from BB&B. I didn't receive any note back from the manufacturer, Wayfair (maybe I shouldn't have expected it anyway). Though the quality and the extreme cost per worth of my first two purchases, I will refrain from using Wayfair again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

The seller switching the listing after I already ordered the item. I informed customer service that the wrong item had been shipped out. They said they can “help” me by providing me with a return label I’m going to have to pay for. The SELLER made a mistake and I have to pay for it? Never dealing with them again.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Do not use this company for any purchases whatsoever. I was referred to them by a friend that has had numerous problems also but I thought I would give it a shot. I placed the order only because the website stated I would have it in 2 days, It has been 7 days. No one was able to help since their supplier was not shipping the item because they did not have a full UPS truck. They refused to request the supplier to remove this item from the truck and ship it to me. It amazed me that they are the middle man and they were not able to talk to a live person at the supplier company but I was. This was an absolute cluster **!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I ordered a Fireplace in the month of November, I had to change my address so the product would arrive at my new address. It was done so in time so I expected the package to arrive after tracking it for more than two weeks. Here we are in December and the tracking information says the package has been sent to my previous address. My wife called and spoke with a representative who stated that there was nothing she could do and that we could not get our money refunded. Of course we are livid. Even after the address had been updated the package was still sent to the wrong address. Never again will I nor my family and friends shop with Wayfair again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

You will have to PAY for return shipping. I purchased jute rugs and when they arrived they did not look like they appear on the website. I processed the return and learned it would be 50.00 to return two rug runners! They were only 30 inches wide and rolled. (I regularly ship art with insurance for less than this.) I felt I had a valid reason for a return since the rug did not look near the quality of the one in the photo. It was light weight and did not lay flat. I called to request an adjustment to the return shipping and heard the same excuse over and over. They would not connect me to a supervisor. They would not budge. The website is very vaguely written regarding return costs. I will NEVER EVER use Wayfair again. There are too many companies offering free shipping or reasonable shipping rates for return items. This product was unsatisfactory and the company should have refunded me fully.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I had been a loyal cust of Wayfair for a while & noticed the deterioration of quality as they tied up with some Chinese products. I bought a sideboard and paid $80 to get it assembled just to notice that it was extremely cheap quality, too tiny for the price, looked like a TV cabinet instead of a sideboard, and requested it be returned for a refund. Now this product was assembled and was out of the box. Obviously I could not disassemble it. I mentioned to the cust service and asked for a special pick up. I get an email return that says, they can not honor the requested resolution as they require these items back to review quality and ensure improvements in future order experiences. I thought that IS THEIR JOB & A CHOICE!!! As a customer if they have not lived up to their services & quality as they promise, I can’t be held accountable for that. BUYERS BEWARE! Save your money time & energy. Do not buy from Wayfair. I burnt my fingers. Don’t burn yours!!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I purchased two twin bed spreads. They looked good in the picture but they are really thin and very cheap. The only good thing is the style and color. I complained to Wayfair and they sent me a new one. That is not what I wanted. I want to exchange it for a better quality ones. I had kept them a while but we can't get use to the poor quality they are made of. I would like to buy more from Wayfair but after this experience I am very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I purchased a chair that was lost in shipping. A replacement was sent, which arrived late. I waited at home for the chair to arrive the day it was supposed to, and it never did. Had to leave for vacation later than planned to wait for chair to arrived 2 days later. Wayfair then charged for $140.00 to return the chair. I will not shop here again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Wayfair chooses to ship items in quantities not how they were ordered (you may receive multiple boxes of the same item). You are required to return ship in the same fashion they were received. As a result, you not only have to pay for return shipping (which today seems almost arcane) but also return shipping multiple times over which is NOT disclosed before ordering. There is also no option to self pay.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

Purchased a Crosley accent cabinet because it said SOLID wood. Upon unboxing the item and starting to put it together, it became very apparent that this was not solid wood. I contacted Wayfair and they agreed to take the item back or they discount the item. I did not want the item because we would not have purchased it had we known it was not solid wood. I explained to them that I felt this was very deceptive advertising. They told me if I had read further down into the item details, I would have seen that only parts of the cabinet were solid wood, and that it did state there was particle board. I told them I preferred to return the item. I did ask if they were going to be responsible for the cost to return and they told me no, that it would be deducted from the refund amount they would issue me.

I told them I thought this was very unfair of them since I would not have purchased the item had I known it was not solid wood, as advertised. Like I said, their stand on it is that I should’ve read deeper into the details to see that not all of the cabinet was solid wood. I will NEVER shop at Wayfair again. This was my first experience and my last with them. The one thing I can say is that the customer service rep that I was visiting with stayed calm and professional.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

Purchase a 150cc X-pro scooter from them and received two sets of numbers both that don't work, spent hour and a half talking with customer service, being cut off three times and no answers. So money lost due to them.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

We purchased a double sink vanity and it was delivered to our garage. There was no apparent damage to the packaging. Our project did not start when expected, so it sat untouched for several months. When it was time for my contractor to install, he opened it to find major damage to the top and the cabinet also had damage. Wayfair refuses to make this right. It was obviously damaged in the shipping process since it had not been touched since delivery. Will not purchase another thing from Wayfair!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM WAYFAIR AGAIN! I was confident to buy my very first massage chair which cost more than $2k in price. I was so excited but not knowing it will never arrive. It was bought on Oct 9 and was expecting it on October 12. I called and chat with customer service many times to follow up. They cant tell me what was going on until until October 25 and informed me that the chair was lost in transit... So ok then I called again to speak with supervisor which she was kind enough to give me discount and said the chair will be replaced... I waited again until Nov 12. NOTHING! My last hope was maybe it was delayed again but no... THE REPLACEMENT WAS LOST IN TRANSIT! AGAIN?

SO I CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND I GOT THE MOST RUDEST ARROGANT **! I have said that maybe Wayfair don't even have this chair so it would be fair for me to get another model. He assured me that Wayfair will not send me another model but the same one... Who in any right mind would believe that Wayfair has this model which they have lost twice in transit? SO TO MAKE MY LIFE EASIER... I ASKED FOR A FULL REFUND! BUNCH OF SCAMMERS!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

To be honest, when there are no issues with the product it works because you don't have to deal with them. Worst customer service experience ever, in my view purchase from IKEA or Amazon their goods are more reliable and you will have a better experience if there are issues. I purchased a dresser from Wayfair 6 months for just over 300USD. I had it professionally put together, on the outside it looks greats but the bottom of the drawers were falling apart and no way to fix them. So I contacted Wayfair, the only thing they would give me was a voucher. So I ordered another dresser with the service to put it together.

I originally had scheduled some help to bring the dresser up as I needed it on the 1st floor. I had to cancel because Wayfair could not keep their commitment on delivery. I was not able to get help again until the day before the assembly was to take place. We bring it up and open the box to verify everything is in order and surprise, the dresser's top plank (so high visibility is broken). I cancel the assembly. As it was past service hours I could not contact them until today. Well to report a defect/damage they advise you to contact the manufacturer, the manufacturer advises you to contact Wayfair, as there is nothing they can do. Wayfair says this (things being broken) is what happens when you buy things online, refund will be issue once they receive the goods. So top notch customer service.

Wayfair Company Information