3.65/5
Based on 1,722 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

4521 Wayfair Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 26, 2019

I'm so glad I found this company - I've purchased just about everything I needed to furnish a second home from Wayfair. Twice now I've had products that arrived that were either damaged or didn't work for one reason or another and they simply asked me to donate the product relieving me of the nightmare of having to repack and wait on a pick up. I've bought several things to "see" if they worked in the space and if they didn't, Wayfair happily accepted the return and worked with me on the pick ups and deliveries as I had to schedule people to be at the home to meet delivery drivers since it's not occupied on a regular basis. The sheer volume of products Wayfair carries makes it a one stop shop and the quality is great too - their app and website which syncs with sister website Perigold is fantastic, giving me blow by blow updates on each order and delivery. I'm sold on Wayfair.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I had ordered a desk off of this website. When it finally arrived, I started assembling it and then I noticed that one of the pieces is missing. They sent an unneeded duplicate instead of one of the pieces that are actually needed. I called the store once and told them about this. They said that it will come in 2 to 3 business days. I call back 3 business days later and they say they don't see anything about this in my account. They told me that they will ship it in 2 weeks and that they will give me a partial refund. Now I have to wait for a long time with a half built table.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Ordered bed on May 8 for June 6 birthday. To date (June 25) neither bed parts shipment nor assembly is complete. I understand shipping delays but I do not understand outright, blatant continuous LIES from customer support. I will NEVER shop from them again.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I honestly wish I could leave no stars or be able to leave a Google review. I think they purposefully make it difficult to review them unless you give them your money. I will never buy from Wayfair again. Beginning of June, I originally wanted another sectional. Yes, there were only 8 left. But the website said it would be shipped within a week. Well it ended up being back-ordered until August. When I contacted Wayfair (which by the way, is a struggle to do and each response is from a different person), they stated that a lot of people must have ordered at the same time. Well 3 days later, the website was not updated yet to show that it had been sold out. Essentially, that means many other customers could have ordered a sectional that was out of stock, expecting it to be delivered soon, only to have to wait 3 months due to back order issues.

Anyways, I asked Wayfair to cancel my previous order, so I can order this sectional instead and get it earlier than August. They emailed me confirming the cancellation. It was my understanding they would also reach out to the 3rd party financing company, tell them the 1st order was cancelled, and a refund would be applied to my account in 3-5 business days. Well, 5 business days pass. I'm still being charged for the original cancelled order. I email Wayfair, asking for my refund. The new representative tells me I was misinformed and it would take 7 days. At this point, I take matters into my own hands and call the 3rd party financier, who tells me that WAYFAIR DID NOT INFORM THEM OF THE CANCELLED ORDERED. Amazing.

After getting that settled on my own, I wait for my 2nd order to be delivered. I set up a delivery time between 12pm-5pm. There is note that says they will contact you 30 minutes BEFORE delivery. Well they text me at 12:25 with a message they'll deliver within 30 minutes. I'm here within 30 minutes and wait around for 30 minutes. I finally call the delivery team. Turns out, they arrived at 12:25, waited 10 minutes and left. So now my delivery needs to be re-scheduled with Customer Service...who I called and it went straight to voicemail! Long store short, Wayfair is disorganized and gives out misinformation to its customers. Avoid the headache. Buy from elsewhere.

Original review: June 20, 2019

We ordered a bedroom set from Wayfair, a dresser with a mirror, a tall dresser, and two night stands. While the dresser and mirror arrived okay, the tall dresser was, with the exception of the top, cracked and split down the middle. We refused delivery. We scheduled re-delivery of a replacement but their terrible delivery service, BlueStreak, decided for whatever reason to reschedule it without talking to us first.

The clown show gets better. Wayfair decided to ship the nightstands, which are shipped in thin cardboard boxes with what looked like 1/16th inch foam sheeting protecting it. After two deliveries of boxes that were destroyed by the FedEx handlers, we gave up. Did I mention that we refused both FedEx deliveries yet Wayfair failed to mark the first one returned, instead marking it as delivered even though it was delivered back to them. They then made me wait almost two weeks for our credit. Still waiting to see how the second round goes.

My opinion of Wayfair is that they are not a furniture company, but are merely brokers. They don’t seem to care if your furniture arrives in one piece or not, they only seem to care about keeping your money once they get it. Their customer service is laughable at best. We will never order from Wayfair again. We love the one dresser we received but the nightmare they made us go through to get it just is not worth any possible money savings. If I could buy the furniture locally for $200 more, I would in a heartbeat. For

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: June 19, 2019

Updated on 07/03/2019: Today after having scheduled the delivery for the fourth time, I finally received my mattress! I think the problem is with large merchandise when going to delivery partners because I already bought several items with Wayfair and received it quickly.

Updated on 07/01/2019: I bought a mattress on 6/1 and the delivery was scheduled 3th times and now a 4th time, but I still have not received the mattress. The new date and 07/3, if I do not receive the mattress on that date, I will cancel the purchase and ask for the money back. The carrier simply cannot organize itself.

Original Review: I bought a mattress on June 1. The delivery would be until June 14. But until now I did not receive. Worse, I called the carrier several times and they say that there is no date to deliver!! I changed the house and I need the mattress! Order #**. Serta Perfect Sleeper Kleinmon 13" Firm Mattress by Serta. Mattress Size: King.

Original review: June 18, 2019

The date Wayfair posted for arriving date is NOT the date the product arrives to the customer but the date it arrives at Wayfair deliver team and then it will takes at least 3 more days before the customer gets it. So don't book a plumber until you know when you get the product.

Original review: June 18, 2019

My first time ordering from Wayfair.ca. I ordered a breakfast nook table and chairs. Extremely happy, exactly as advertised. Delivery was right on schedule. Great service. I would for sure order from Wayfair.ca again.

Original review: June 18, 2019

So I love the idea of Wayfair. The selection is fantastic and the prices are so amazing especially if you're like me and just moved and have no furniture. Biggest issue I had was delivery. I specifically chose items and purchased them on Monday because they stated in checkout that they would get here by Thurs, thinking that that was when all the items would be delivered. But no, that just meant that the items would all get there by Thursday. Well I bought some big items: deck furniture, nightstands, small bathroom cabinets, pretty much stuff that you cannot just leave out on the porch. I also live in a gated community and haven't gotten my name on the entry system yet so I have to run to the front of the gate to let in everyone.

There was no space to give delivery instructions in the checkout so I have no idea how these guys are going to get in to make the delivery at this point. The items are going to come Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday... not just on Thursday, meaning I am going to have to take time off work to figure this stuff out. They are also coming by ground shipping, so there is no set time when these items will get here. I had planned to take Thursday off so I could be around to get the items, but now that plan is shot.

Wayfair is more like Amazon of home goods and furniture: you are completely at their mercy when it comes to when your items will be delivered and unlike say, a furniture shop, have no way to know when your stuff is going to show up so you just have to take time off work to deal with it. It's a nice idea, but really you're dealing with furniture and big items that need a better delivery system. You should 100% be able to schedule the delivery of these items at checkout so you can expect them all at the same time and not be waiting around for 3 days.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Am very disappointed in the finish on this tv stand. Rough and very uneven. In some areas the finishing color is missing. Not big areas but enough that I can notice them. Also I wish the color charts were better. Got the dark oak which is really too dark. I probably would have liked the medium better. There probably is not much I can do about it.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We ordered and received a double computer desk the beginning of 2019. Unfortunately the desk came damaged and we requested a replacement top for the desk immediately. We have been promised the replacement parts would be sent on several occasions. After numerous calls etc we are still waiting for this issue to be resolved. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else that seems to value their customers. This has to be the worst company I’ve dealt with!

Original review: June 12, 2019

My husband and I recently purchased a dining room table from Wayfair. The customer service that I received from Wayfair has been the best customer service that I have received in a very, very long time. I mostly dealt with case manager Stacy ** and she was super fantastic to work with. Although it was a lengthy process to get a tabletop that was damaged (not a Wayfair problem but a manufacturer problem), she made the process run super smooth.

I cannot say enough about her quick response time and her ability to take action to resolve whatever the issue was when I called. She never tried to rush our conversations to get on to other work. I really enjoyed talking to her. I also talked to a few others along the way who were all super helpful as well. Email correspondence and follow up was always done in a very timely manner by Stacy ** and the whole Wayfair team. I would definitely recommend Wayfair to anybody who is looking for a quality product at a great price.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I have had an absolutely horrible experience with this company. I called to confirm they knew they would be delivering on a military base and knew which checkpoint they would need to use to enter, and that they would need proper ID to pass a background check. I was told they were aware and prepared but they would make a note of it. However, delivery day comes and they don’t pass the background checks. They reschedule 5 days later and assure me that this will not happen again. Delivery day #2 comes and the exact same thing happens again. I was told I would receive a call letting me know whether my furniture could be delivered the same day or not, but I never received a phone call. They did refund 5% of my order but I still have not received the furniture I bought and who knows if I actually will. I would not recommend this company to anyone and I will never be ordering from Wayfair again.

Original review: June 10, 2019

So I ordered a TV stand from Wayfair and bought the MyWay membership as well. And to be clear you need to buy the MyWay membership before you place an order. Also, as the advertisement goes, it promises you 1 day shipping, room of choice delivery etc (but the fine print is only on selected items) and you won't know until you are logged on once your MyWay membership is activated. When I selected the TV stand I did not get (a) 1-day delivery option (b) Delivery to Room of choice since it is serviced by Fedex and (c) They wouldn't cancel the membership because it's non-refundable although it's hardly been a couple days. And the best part was the customer support lady (Abigail) who was totally rude and also repeatedly kept saying that I had placed other orders on Wayfair when this was my first order. Never ever buying anything from them again, especially when you compare this to Amazon customer service it's clearly like day and night.

Original review: June 8, 2019

When the bed frames (2) were first purchased and arrived Me and my daughter's first night sleeping on the beds noticed that we woke up with many bites. Next morning. My first reaction were bed bugs, so We checked mattresses and found nothing on the mattresses, so I figured that maybe they were mosquitoes since I slept with my windows open. Didn't think to check the actual mattresses until I had went to the doctors because I was informed to check the frames since the bites we had were bed bug bites. So I decided to check the frames and there was an infestation of bed bugs on both frames inside the back covering where the velcro part covers.

It was the worst thing I've ever saw and the first time I have EVER IN MY LIFE dealt with. So my initial reaction were to get rid of the bed frames because of how many bed bugs were there. I'm not sure if it was the type of bed that was easier access due to layout that bed bugs found home in but when we got them the first night was horrible waking up with massive bites, so they came with the batch of bed bugs already. I will never again purchase a single item from WAYFAIR.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I ordered two king bedskirts for my bed hoping that one of them would work. One turned out great. The other bedskirt was expensive for the quality of it. I wanted to return it. I can return it, but have to pay for the shipping back. The bedskirt was $30.99, and the shipping price back is around $8.95. What a joke! Most online companies offer free shipping back if you don't like the product. They advertise on TV commercials that there is free shipping. Yes there is free shipping, but only if you like it and don't return it. I would never buy things from Wayfair again. It is too expensive to ship back things!!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been a Wayfair customer for four years, brought many products over the years. Whenever I had a problem with a product I would call Wayfair and they would take care of the problem. I will give Ashley ** many kudos. She was above and beyond customer service. Thank you to all the great people that work at Wayfair.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Purchased from Wayfair based on their (expensive, but I hoped worthwhile) assembly option. Furniture arrived several weeks after shipping/delivery date (as with other reviews). Furniture was dropped off and NOT assembled. The excuses are “takes too long for our delivery agent to assemble” and “our delivery people do not have liability insurance for assembly”. Really?? Wayfair knew these products and parameters before delivery. Wayfair misrepresented their products and services.

Original review: June 5, 2019

Three complaints about Wayfair so far.

1) Once you visit their website they will suffocate you with ads on every website you visit for the next month. I bought a desk over a month ago, but every other site I go to is still advertising that desk at me.

2) They clearly exaggerate their regular prices in order to lie about sales. If you sort their sales by greatest discount you see lamps 90% off of their regular price of over $3000. Who the hell believes their lamps are regularly over $3000? Therefore you can't trust any of their "sales". Pretty sure that is false advertising and illegal.

3) I ordered a stand-up desk over a month ago. It arrived with a defective leg. I still don't have a stand-up desk, or an apology, or any other kind of remuneration for the inconvenience. The new leg was supposed to arrive 10 days ago.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased rug and the color was totally different. They did not let me write the review about it so for the other client to know what to expect. My review was deleted 2 times. They only keep the good reviews. Shame.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I ordered a large standing floor mirror and it arrived broken. It was very large and heavy & when I asked Wayfair to have FedEx pick it back up they said FedEx won't pick up broken glass (even though they delivered it to me broken). Wayfair tried to tell me to deal with disposing of it on my own (at my own expense). I called again and pushed back and the next person I talked to said that they would have another service (other than FedEx - NSD) call me for pick up. Hurray! Except the next day a third Wayfair agent contacted me and told me that that person was mistaken and I had to dispose of it myself. I pushed back again and she finally told me that another service can come pick it up (the same one the second guy tried to set me up with before she interfered).

Because of their prolonged efforts to dump the disposal on me I had that huge broken mirror on the floor of my small living room for a month. When the very nice driver of NSD picked it up (btw I had to leave work to come home to sign for them to take it) he said they should have just contacted NSD right away in the first place b/c FedEx hires them to collect items that FedEx has delivered that are broken. Wayfair knew this the entire time but they obviously try to save money by dumping that task onto buyers whenever they can get away with it. I won't purchase anything from this company again after experiencing how they act in bad faith toward their customers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

This is the first time to write feedback for the company. This morning (06/03/19) I had an issue with the mattress and I wanted to return it, I called Wayfair customer service Jennifer helped me a lot and she spoke clearly, she clarified everything easily and she fixed my problem. I'd like to say thank you for Jennifer ** and Wayfair.

Original review: June 3, 2019

We accidentally entered partial information for the business account and there's no way to stop the customer service from calling us every single day. Crazy people! We didn't buy anything from the business account and what we bought was at original price. We told the customer service that if they kept calling us every day we would cancel every order with Wayfair, but they are still calling us now. These people really don't make any sense in doing their business. They won't respect customers' review at all.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I ordered multiple items that stated they would arrive within a couple of days and most items took weeks. Also one item arrived nothing like the item I ordered and they wouldn't collect it. The biggest item I ordered took a month to arrive despite website stating couple of days. A real hassle from start to finish and I would never use this company again. This is my first ever online negative review but I felt others should know.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I was supposed to receive this order on May 24th. I called customer service 2 times. One when it did not come one the 24th and then the following week when there was still no updated information. The item is now on sale showing that it will be delivered by June 24th. I still do not have any updated information on my item.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Prior to checking out your order, Wayfair tells the customer that they "will receive the product by X date". It isnt until you submit your order and pay that they then say that X is only an "estimated shipping date". I purchased a $500 fire pit that said delivery would be May 31. Then it changed to June 3rd. Problem - I needed the fire pit for a party on June 1. So I had to go purchase another one.

Wayfair refused to admit their error, and refused to accept a return. They only gave me a 20% refund. So now I have 2 fire pits and spent over $1,000! To prove my point again to wayfair, I placed another (small) order and sent them screenshots to prove that they are saying X shipping date then changing it to Y. I'm never shopping there again. I do not have this problem with Amazon and will stay with them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

Wayfair’s customer service is second to none. They did everything possible to make my purchase satisfying. I will always feel confident shopping with Wayfair. In my opinion they are the best. If you want great customer service shop at Wayfair.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Bought 6 lounge chairs for outdoors and they have rusted after two seasons. I even stored them indoors during the winter. One chair in particular just broke in half and collapsed. Wayfair was unreachable by chat, email or phone to resolve this problem. I would not recommend Wayfair to anyone at this point. Cheap products, poor customer service and no warranty.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I ordered a window sill planter May 24. Last info I got from Wayfair is the delivery date is June 17. I probably took regular shipping but still that is a long time for delivery. Looks like they need to increase staff??

Original review: May 28, 2019

Ordered a faux leather couch. It was fine as far as ordering and delivery after. When I opened the packaging I found that the legs and cushions were missing. Called Wayfair after 20 minutes after delivery to state that I was missing the legs and cushions. Although very nice customer service they just kept telling me to check the bottom of couch which I had already did but I did double check had my husband check also. I was rerouted to a customer specialist who stated she was going to solve my issue and would contact company to have the pieces sent.

I was surprised when she contacted me the next day as if I am not telling the truth or I'm too stupid to realize that the attachments were under the couch to ask me to double check. Very upset with the way it has been handle. As a she has not returned my email I have no idea where I stand. Had the couch delivered on Thursday. Had company coming on Saturday and we did not have enough seating. Very disappointing with this company. Did not offer to help me in any way.

Wayfair Company Information