3.2/5 (874 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

While the selection is good, I have noticed time and time again Wayfair either 1) posting the same product more than once (all co-existing simultaneously) for different prices 2) flat out lying about a sale - same price as regular during sale events is somehow considered "36% off" and 3) identical product as on other sites are marked up very substantially. This is lying to consumers and getting away with it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

You will see that this is my first time writing a review. I haven't written one in the 41 years I've lived on this earth, but I want other buyers to beware of purchasing from Wayfair and having to deal with their customer service agents. Wayfair sold me a defective cabinet. I needed a center piece replaced. I contacted Wayfair but they demanded that I work directly with the Manufacturer. Long story short, the manufacturer gave me the run around for 2 months and Wayfair kept telling me that I needed to deal with the manufacturer.

I finally called Wayfair and demanded that they get involved. They first attempted to tell me that they could not help me because I was outside of the 30 day window, even though they refused to assist me at all. After fighting over that, they said there was nothing they could do. That it was between me and the manufacturer, even though the purchase was done through them.

Only when I contacted Better Business Bureau did they even acknowledge that my contractual agreement was with them and not the manufacturer. They didn't contact me or anything. They simply resent the item but I moved. After a month of fighting through BBB they gave me a refund, but deducted the shipping on the item they shipped to the wrong address!!! Even though I didn't have access to the building and they know that I never received or signed for the item. I had been sending packages to my new home address for 2 months prior, but they simply refused to engage with me. BEWARE OF WAYFAIR CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS. THEY ARE BULLIES!!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Wayfair is a joke. I've had 2 issues with them in a row over the last 2 months. The company hides behind policies that are beneficial to the company, leaving the consumer in the lurch and bearing the brunt of the horrible experiences. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

The chandelier broke a year after purchase. It died. The quality of the product is poor!!! We tried to reach out to Wayfair customer services several times. They couldn't provide us with any helpful information regarding the vendor or manufacturer. No email address, no website, no name. We don't have a warranty anymore, but we are ready to pay for the parts if needed. They gave us a number in China and sent us to find help there!!! They don't take any responsibility to connect us with the company. I paid 550 $ for the chandelier and 250 $ to install it, and now a year later, I just threw it out. Never buy again with Wayfair!!!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Exorbitant return shipping costs alert! I purchased 3 window blinds from Wayfair measuring 25" wide, and they arrive in three oblong boxes just big enough enough to hold the shades; the three boxes were taped together. They did not fit properly so I had to send them back, and when I received the refund it was minus a $58.67 shipping fee. I had previously ordered three blinds and also needed to return them, and the return shipping fee at that time (about a month earlier) was $6.87. When I called to ask the amazing difference in the amount, I was told that Wayfair lost their discounted contract with FedEx and the return shipping fees had gone up. "Gone up" is an understatement. So beware if you need to send something back that it will cost you.

If you want to return something from Wayfair, you need to call them and request a return label; they email you a return label that you must print out and take to FedEx with the product (or they will pick it up at your house). I am not sure if you can return the item yourself via UPS or USPS. And I'm not sure what the difference in cost would be. I wanted people to be aware of the exorbitant return shipping costs on Wayfair products. I will not be using this company again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

Ordered a dresser with assembly. They subbed it out to Handy who sent out someone with no experience that broke the furniture and then just left. Wayfair said it Handy's responsibility and Handy said it was Wayfair responsibility. Now I have a broken dresser and out over $1000. What a horrible company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I ordered a gaming chair from Wayfair. Paid almost $300 for the chair and when the chair got to my place it was missing a piece plus the chair didn’t look like the one they advertised online. I also paid for the assembly service as I am a petite woman and can’t assemble a big chair. When they finished assembling the chair the back of the chair didn’t align with the bottom plus it was missing one piece. I contacted Wayfair that told me they would refund me the money and if I didn’t hear from them in two weeks that I could donate the chair. 3 weeks have passed and I was going to take the chair to Goodwill but I decided to contact them another time to make sure. At this point they told me that I would have to return the chair, disassemble the chair and take the heavy chair to the post office in one week or they would charge me again for the money they had returned without never contacting me about.

The lady called Kimberly apparently a manager even hanged the phone on me. I never experienced worse customer service in my life. Now I will have to pay someone to disassemble this chair and take to the post office for me. Wayfair used to be a good website as I purchased some furniture there in the past and they had great customer service but I won’t be purchasing nothing from this website ever again as they don’t sell what they advertise and could care less about their customers. I wanted to return the chair if they could come and take the chair apart for me the same way they put it together but they don’t care if you get stuck with a chair that is missing one piece plus doesnt look nothing like the chair they advertise on their website. I don’t trust this company anymore and I will make sure I spread the word around among my friends and customers.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2022

Ordered unit. Realized it was the wrong address. Asked rep to change it. She said it was too late. I said I just placed it! I said then cancel it! Again she said it was too late. Spent four days trying to get it sorted with FedEx. FedEx shipped half the order to the wrong address and half to right address. If Wayfair had done their job in the first place, I wouldn’t have gone through four days of hell with endless calls and frustration trying to sort this mess with both wayfair and FedEx! Horrible, horrible experience!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I purchased 2 sets of 16-panel pens but received only one. Reached out to customer service and was assured that they could see what I paid and that it was for more than what I received and they were taking steps to get the other set to me. I immediately got a survey to rate my experience to which I did not respond. How did I know what was going to happen with my order yet. The next day I received an email stating that I received what I ordered by the part number and there was basically nothing they could do. The part number I was sent doesn't even total the amount I spent if doubled. So I refuse to buy anything from Wayfair again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2022

I ordered a fold up bed. 10/26/2022. I was given an expected of 11/01/22. I called Wayfair because after tracking the package there was no movement from FedEx. I was nor sent a replacement until 11/05/22. The supervisor and the customer service representative stated the only can assume the item was lost due to no be scanned on 10 days. WTH.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I paid $65.56 for two couch pillows. They did not look good on the couch. I went online and found out that it would cost $26.66 to return them. A higher up at Wayfair said she had no knowledge as to how return shipping fees were calculated, and would not lower them. Will not buy from them again EVER.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

Even though my order hadn’t shipped, I was guaranteed by 2 CSR agents that my order had shipped. I was even given a tracking number. It shipped 7 days AFTER tracking received, and 1 day after I cancelled the order.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

We were looking at ordering a couch from the Wayfair website. We looked at several ones and found one we liked that was priced at $399 on sale because of their sales event. My wife said she will think about ordering the couch after she checked our financial position. The next day, my wife went onto the Wayfair website to order the couch, but the price had increased back to its original price of $1604. 99. We were thinking, man that was a good deal that we missed. Two days later my wife went back onto the Wayfair website and the same couch was back on sale for $399. So we picked a color and my wife ordered the couch that was on sale for $399.

This price was 75% off on a sale event that Wayfair had going on its website. If you signed up for a Wayfair credit card they would give you an additional $40 off the sale price if the purchase was over $100. The original listed price was $1604. 99. They had this couch in seven different color options when we ordered the couch, and we selected a color option that we liked and ordered it. We had three color options that we liked. We received the approval that the purchase had gone through as we were using the Wayfair credit card for the additional $40 off the sale price. The first email we received right away said thanks for the order and that the company will be contacting us in a few days to set up the delivery date and time. Two days later, we receive an email from Wayfair saying we canceled our order.

We did not cancel our order, so my wife called up Wayfair to talk to a representative. Once on the phone with a representative, the representative said that the couch company canceled the order because the color we ordered was supposedly out of stock. They didn't give us an option to choose another color to replace the one that was canceled, as we had three color choices that we liked. While my wife is on the phone talking with the representative, she went onto the Wayfair website to look to see if the couch that we had ordered was on the website. The same couch from the same company in the same color was on the website for sale, except it was now on sale for $839.

My wife asked the representative about this, and they said sorry for the inconvenience with this order because the company canceled the order. If you like we can put the order in for a new couch in the same color as our first choice at the $839 price point but the representative said they would give us a coupon for 10% off the purchase price. We were never offered a replacement color at the original sales price of $399.

My wife even asked about this. We were not going to do the 10% discount as that is an increase in the price of the couch by $360. This is a very poor business practice if they do this to multiple people every day of the year. Needless to say, we did not order anything from them and never will because of this shady business practice they did to do to us. Cancel our order then jack the price up higher. I might reconsider our options with them if we get a formal apology from the company and they sold us the couch at its original sales price, but we know the company will not do this. I hope this helps people in their business dealings with Wayfair, as to me they are crooks for doing a shady business practice. My wife has the email confirmations if needed I can send them.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Wayfair sucks!!! I bought a $3,000 dollar Murphy bed frame and when it was delivered one of the boxes was missing. I couldn’t build the bed whatsoever. I did get all the boxes for the attached shelving. But I had guests coming the following week. I called Wayfair. They said they’d operate within my time constraints and find the box. Next thing I know, 2 days later, I get an email saying it could take 6 days to do a dock search. I called wayfair back the next day and they said there’s nothing they can do. They’re looking for it and won’t be able to get it to me in time. So I have to go and spend more money to buy a bed frame so my guests aren’t sleeping on a mattress on the floor!

I asked if they’d do anything to help out and they said, "No. It looks like you are going to have to just go buy another frame!" Don’t waste your money on wayfair! Even with the shelf part of the bed I did have the boxes for and was able to put together. It’s not even that great of quality. It’s made just like those $30 mainstays cube book shelves you get from Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I called Wayfair because we ordered three sets of stools for a tradeshow. I told the guy what date we needed them by and he assured me multiple times they'd arrive by that date. Didn't arrive. We bought different sets for the show. One set arrived 2 weeks late. The other two sets arrived 3 weeks late. I go to return them and their prepaid shipping labels were going to cost $60. I called because I felt like we shouldn't have to pay. I'm always polite with this kind of stuff btw.... First lady hung up on me. When I called back the guy said there's absolutely no way they can do it for free because someone has to pay for it. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

I bought a bed frame and found out two days later that it was marked down a further $100. I have not received the item. The team refused to give a price match, only after two days of putting down the order. They also charge $80 for return shipping. I got on a call with a manager and she offered a 40% refund and said that was the best she could do. I haven't received the refund in 5 days so I called in to check on the status. Then I was told they did not have any record of who the manager was that told me a refund was issued and they do not do that.

First I was disappointed because they will not offer price adjustments after an order was placed. I would agree if I placed the order over a week ago or if I have already received the item, but not when I haven't received anything or just after two days. Second, I was very upset because I was lied to about getting a refund. No business should do that and then say "oh sorry, we do not have any record of that so we are not going to give it to you." It was a bad experience.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I bought a sofa that was supposed to be down and ended up being old chopped up mattress and plastic! Tried calling to get resolved and they were incredibly rude and unprofessional. Kept telling me someone would reach back out but never did. When I finally got ahold of manager they said, "Oh well. You're out of your date range..." Well yeah. 'Cause nobody ever called me back as promised! Don't trust the specs, in fact don't purchase 'cause everything I've tried ordering from them has been returned due to fabricated information on website. Do yourself a favor and go to a local business! At least you can try it out and see first hand if you're getting ripped off!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Absolutely terrible experience. Ordered a coffee table, decided against it after taking a closer look at the pictures. I decided to cancel my order less than 10 min. later. Website says I cannot cancel as order has already shipped. Now we know that when you order furniture online at 10pm that no, it was NOT shipped in 10 minutes but apparently their website is programmed to say that so you cannot cancel, even though it offers online cancellations. I called, spoke with 3 people. I was eventually sent to a Manager. She was very nice and told me when the package arrives at my house (in about a week!) to just send it back and a refund will be issued within 48 hours.

I then went to a reputable local furniture store and bought a nice new coffee table. When the Wayfair coffee table arrived I sent it back to them. That was 13 days ago. Still no refund. I have emailed and received a response that my refund was processed over a week ago. I called and the lady I spoke with on October 5th told me refunds take 5 days minimum (after she first had told me 48 hours). I have now called three times and sent 3 emails. They no longer respond to my emails. 13 days later still no refund and now, no customer service. I am still blown away that less than 10 minutes after ordering this coffee table online, when I went in to cancel my order, that their site is literally programmed to lie and say no cancellation as my order has already shipped (10 minutes after ordering online after 10pm at night!).

I mentioned this experience to my 83 year old father and he said he purchased a washer and dryer from Wayfair less than a year ago and the dryer has had issues since day one and he called several times and they would not send out someone to repair the faulty dryer because he did not purchase the optional product warranty. He has since had to purchase another new dryer, from a different company, which cost him over $900 in additional money. There are many online companies where we can purchase furniture and other products. In my opinion Wayfair is a dishonest company with terrible customer service. If you want a good, positive experience, Wayfair does not deserve your business.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

You are not a reliable company plus your employees don't care about the customers. I placed an order on October 2nd. I got part of it on oct. 11th and until today I didn’t get the rest of the order and they keep rescheduling the order! They are the worst.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I placed an order and was given an expected delivery date two months out which was fine with me, then it got pushed back another month and the expected delivery date came and went. Then AFTER the date it's expected to be there they tell me that they oversold the item I ordered and could not fulfill my order, THREE MONTHS AFTER I PLACED THE ORDER. Why was I given delivery dates if my order at this point couldn't be fulfilled? They wouldn't honor the price either which was absolute ** and to reorder the item it would've been another 5 months until it was delivered which at that point it would be pointless. I will never use this company again. They need to figure their stuff out and maybe not have huge sales if they can't fulfill the orders or keep track of the available items.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

I bought an outdoor table from Wayfair. I returned the table in June. With the shipping label provided to me by Wayfair. The company who shipped the table to me got the table back in their warehouse. Wayfair has not refunded the $104 for the table. I’m being charged interest and late fees and my credit score is dropping because of this company. I would not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

If there was zero stars that would have been my option but I had no choice to select one star. I saw this beautiful set of dinnerware on Wayfair. I needed this set for visitors I was expecting and when I ordered (order number **) on October 3 expected delivery date was October 5 -6. On October 10 I contacted customer service and my order was replaced and I was patiently waiting for the arrival of my dinnerware. Meanwhile I had no dinnerware to serve my visitors. Today is 10/18 and I am yet to receive the order. This is my first time ordering from wayfair and it will be last.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Let me preface by saying that I like Wayfair and I have purchased other items from them in the past with no complaints, but the large parcels department specifically has left me beyond frustrated. I have called over 15 times in the last 3 weeks regarding a dining room table that I ordered nearly 2 months ago. Each time I call they tell me that within 24-48h I will receive an email from the delivery courier to schedule the delivery, and after each 48h mark I call back to inform them I still have not received said email. The process has continued this way for weeks.

On my most recent call I was told that there was some kind of system error that was not allowing them to schedule the delivery on their end, and that they had no way of contacting the warehouse other than to submit a ticket through their system. This should not happen!!! When I search the warehouse online their website redirects to the Wayfair website. The warehouse is controlled and owned by Wayfair. And they claim to have no real way of contacting them?

When you pay for something online you should receive it within a reasonable time, and the company you purchased it from should do everything possible to accommodate you until you receive the purchase. Bare minimum. We are tired of eating picnic-style and the delay on this item with no movement or real assistance has been very disappointing.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

My package was delivered to the wrong address and Wayfair rep told me to contact FedEx and deal with that myself. Very poor customer service. No package, no money and no resolution. Do NOT shop at Wayfair ever.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Terrible customer service and bad experience. Ordered a furniture set (wardrobe, desk, book shelf and small hanging shelf). One box was not delivered, after raising it to the customer service waited for over a month for the resolution. The missing parts delivery was cancelled and moved 3 or 4 times every time stating that parts were not available but we ordered new ones? What? If they are not available where did you order? to produce them?? Asked for a refund - offered me only 35% - Computer says no - company policy we cannot offer more. 35% won't be enough even to buy a similar item on their website... and definitely from that set the wardrobe is the largest item. They can send a refund only if I send the full order back, which is assembled... of course, because I will disassemble it and pack it for them to come and just pick it up! Just ridiculous. Never offered any solution, just selling air, promising something they cannot deliver. Never again!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I bought a set of 4 dining chairs on Wayfair. The chairs were lot smaller than I had expected and the ones that I was replacing. They were not worth the high price I had paid. I then noticed the price had dropped significantly in less than a week after I had bought them. Even though I was not happy with the chairs, thought somewhat of a lower price would at least offset my disappointment, so I called customer service to get a price adjustment. They refused to price adjust, citing it was a red tag sale.

At this point, I wanted to return the chairs, but they refused to take it back because it was already assembled. Bit miffed at this, how would I know how the chairs look and feel, unless I assemble them? After a bit of complaining, they agreed to take it back, but I had to pay for the return which would be lot more than the price reduction I would have got had they price adjusted. In the end, I decided to not return. I had heard a lot about Wayfair, but this was my first purchase - pulled trigger reluctantly. I shop a lot at Amazon, and I know I can why Wayfair will never be an Amazon when it comes to customer service and satisfaction.

Resolution response: Oct. 30, 2022

I am still not fond of their no price match policy but they have been more than accommodating fixing problems I had with this order. My other orders went very smoothly and this one was resolved without any reluctance on their part. I have to give them a 5 star rating based on their response. Very good and thank you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I ordered a table and chair set from Wayfair. The chairs arrived, and the table was due 18-24 October. Then the date was pushed to after November 8. Online they have the same set for $200.00 less and arriving between October 13 and 19. So those who pay less with get the table before me. Wayfair does not price match and there is a fee to return items so I am stuck with the situation and am totally dissatisfied with their service. You are at their mercy if you order anything from them since their processes do not support the customer.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

I did order a $1500 bed frame from Wayfair. The bed frame came in and there was a 3 inch chip on the frame. There was also little stains on the bed. I did contact the customer support. They asked me for more details pictures etc and then they stopped responding. I did chat with agent last week and told the story she said I have a open case and they will get back to me. It's been 2 weeks now and no answer at all. Brand new item was damaged and they don't even respond your email.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

It’s a hub for dishonest sellers, they sent me rug with wrong sizes, I requested replacement, then they canceled it and now there is no way to return it, I called, I texted, I emailed, I tried everything to resolve it, they just canceled my request for no reason… Ah no, the supplier explained it as this rug doesn’t come in correct size, question then why do they sell it in different sizes… I ordered 6x9 and received 4x6 rug… like I have to accept whatever they have in stock… Worst platform ever, no customer support, no fair trade practices…

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

Wow. Abysmal from top to bottom. They sent 2 out of 4 chairs for a dining room set. What they DID send was so poorly made the chairs rock back and forth are are barely stable. Then the guy they were going to send to assemble the remaining chairs cancelled 1 hour before he was suppose to show up. We called the number to figure out what the deal was and got an extremely rude guy named John who did nothing to help us and somehow blamed US for no contractor being available despite a confirmed booking. Absolutely pathetic furniture and service. Do not order.

Wayfair Company Information