3.6/5 (887 ratings)

About Wayfair

Wayfair is an online retailer that sells furniture and household items, including fixtures, appliances and cookware. With the "Room Ideas" section of its website, customers can explore curated home design styles and purchase items from those collections. Most items are eligible for returns and full refunds within 30 days of delivery. The Wayfair Credit Card Program lets you receive discounts, financing and credit rewards.

Pros

• Rewards and perks
  • Product variety
  • Low delivery fee
  • Registry option

Cons

• Assembly required
  • Some items are pricey

Bottom Line

Wayfair sells a variety of home goods and furniture. The website offers 3D visualization tools, gift registries and store credit cards. Customers can use filters on the company's website to make searching easier.

Wayfair Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: July 25, 2022

I ordered a credenza. I paid for "white glove delivery". The delivery company showed up and damaged my wall and the product. The delivery company took the product back. Wayfair charged me a return delivery fee + won't pay on the damaged wall. The process was I had to get an estimate to get the wall fixed. I sent that. It's been 9 months and hours of phone calls. They tell me I have to deal with the delivery company even though I hired wayfair. They will not give me the delivery company's phone number. They said the delivery company has been in contact with me and trying to resolve but never heard from them. I call wayfair asking for the delivery company's contact but they will not release it to me. Now they want to turn me into collections for the charges when they owe me money. All emails get returned saying I have to call. I call and get the run around for hours.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I placed an order a month ago and the expected delivery was 15th of July but I never got the bed delivered. After talking to your agents couple of times, every time what I hear is that the bed is stuck in customs and will be delivered in 2-3 days. It was my first time ordering from this company and it was so disappointing. Today, on 25th July I called again to your customer service and asked the agent to transfer the call to the supervisor. Her name is Andrey, after explaining her the whole situation, what she offered me is either they will replace the order for the same bed or they will refund the more, which is not acceptable after waiting for a month. I asked her to transfer the call to the manager and what I heard is that she is the head and she don't have any manager. Anyhow I convinced her to let me talk to anybody from higher authority.

She transferred the call to the manager named Katy. Again, she offered me two things either a replacement or a refund. The bed you was not able to deliver in a month, how should I believe that it will be delivered in 3-5 days. At last, I am left with the only option of refund. The bed I ordered was the time of sale. I can't find any bed for the same price. After making me wait for a month, what was offered is just a refund. It is so disappointing and will never shop from Wayfair again.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Ordered the couch, it came with a bent bracket. My replacement came. I asked to return the damaged piece. They said keep it. I am a senior person and have no way of disposing this. I was told not their problem. Now I have half of a couch in my living room with nowhere to dispose of it. Furniture is cheap looking. Plastic legs. I will never order anything from Wayfair again. It's not worth it.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I cannot believe how poor the customer service at Wayfair.com and I never never ever purchase anything from there again. What's so disappointing is Wayfair has really nice merchandise. However the customer service is so poor it's just not worth it. I'm a person that will pay for quality service. Each and every customer service rep that I encountered was defensive, dismissive no one wanted to listen or take responsibility. I was hung up on 4 times. I was placed on mute not hold but mute for 39 minutes once the rep realized that I wasn't gonna hang up she hung up on me. I ordered a Refrigerator on 6/20/22 I had a delivery sched for. 7/11/22. I was given a delivery window of 12 am to 12 am. I waited all day.

No one from Wayfair or the delivery company informed me that my delivery was not going to happen. It took me 3 hrs to finally get an answer after going back and forth between the two for hours. I find out that I'm gonna have to wait an entire week because that's the earliest avail delivery date. Once again I had to find this out on my own I got no assistance from customer service. Today my refrigerator was finally delivered and the old one was supposed to be hauled away. The gentlemen hooked up the new fridge and took the old fridge only to leave it on my front lawn. Once again I call Wayfair customer service and after speaking with 4 different reps being on hold another 29min and hung up on twice. I was told to contact the delivery company. The delivery company tells me they did not have orders to haul the fridge away... So why was it taken out of my home???

I call Wayfair customer service back sit on hold for another 40min and get transferred to 2 supervisors because clearly no one wants to deal with the problem. The last person I spoke with claimed they were the supervisor of the advocacy dept. She told me to ask my neighbor to bring my fridge back in my house and call bulk trash. Even though I paid for it to be hauled away... Now of course I can't leave it in my front yard because my HMO will penalize me. I am completely shocked and disgusted that a company with such nice merchandise could possibly have the absolute worst customer service. I will never purchase so much as a dinner fork from Wayfair solely because of the putrid customer service that I received. If I could return the fridge and get my money back I would.

This definitely is the WORST SERVICE I have ever received and I will make sure I follow up with a formal complaint to the cooperate office as well as the BBB and I will also make sure I provide the same review on Consumers United as well as the Wayfair Website. Especially since the Advocate supervisor informed me that the reviews would come back to her anyway so it didn't matter.

Original review: July 18, 2022

I often shop online at Wayfair.ca and other sites. On July 12th, 2022, I was looking to buy a patio conversation set. I surfed all day on various websites scouring numerous pages of patio furniture looking for a great deals. Then I found it on Wayfair.ca! Polyethylene (PE), Polyethylene (A Wicker 5 - Person... by Red Barrel Studio). It was a set by Red Barrel Studio! I was so happy. I thought this was too good to be true. I placed the order and received confirmation. My credit card confirmed that the purchase was completed and I waited for a tracking number to be sent. I received this notification: **.

At 3:40 pm on July 17th, 6 DAYS LATER, I received an email stating that the conversation set I purchased was "cancelled"!!! I was totally confused and was wanting my patio ready for my kids summer visit! Now, it was way too late to order something else and have it set up in time for their arrival!! I immediately called Wayfair.ca. I spoke with a representative (Talisha), who I must say was the nicest and most helpful customer service rep I have ever dealt with!!! But she couldn’t help me! She looked up the order, apologized and explained that a pricing error had occurred.

I have never had this happen before with any online retailer before! I was really upset that Wayfair.ca had cancelled my order without any notification or communication. I received an email with an apology and a %10 off discount code. Imagine!!!! You can get 10% off with a sign up!!! I did not think that was fair and did not equate to what I was going to receive. I asked to speak with a manager but she explained that it wouldn’t help and read Wayfair.ca's policy. This is it, so buyers beware!!

Now my kids are coming and I’m stuck with my old rusty set!!! Wayfair.ca should be held accountable! Years ago an airline had a glitch in airline prices for I think it was two dollars and it was honoured!!!! This type of consumer abuse would never happen at any retail store that I know of! If an item is priced incorrectly and the consumer purchases that product in good faith, that price contract should be honoured! I wonder how many consumers tried to cancel an order from Wayfair.ca and we’re refused because the contract was completed??? Buyer Beware of Wayfair.ca.

Original review: July 14, 2022

This company is a scam. They send us two different bed frames, both frames missing parts. You can't even assemble them. I called to explained the situation. Was told they issue me a full refund and I should just discard the beds or donate. I found out they just refunded me for one bed. The second need to be returned and they charge me $40 for return shipping..!!! Why should I pay $40 to return an item that is faulty.?! I called back to speak to a supervisor and received the worst customer service. DO NOT shop from this company, they steal your money.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I purchased 2 complete beds from Wayfair. They are both falling apart, and they are only a year old. The footboards and headboards are loose, the stability under the box spring and mattress is a joke. The stabilizers for these beds are 4 2x4’s that also loosen and make the bed unsafe. Once they come loose, they bend, which makes the bed buckle. The hardware to put these beds together is cheap. My whole experience has been terrible. I thought I was getting 2 good quality beds that would last, but I most definitely did not. I got 2 cheaply made pieces of crap, for the large amount of money I paid for them. I contacted customer service and was told that there was nothing that could be done. Stay away from Wayfair if you want good quality, sturdy furniture, that will last. There is absolutely no way that I will ever be shopping here again.

Original review: July 13, 2022

My sister bought me a chair months ago. The weight capacity is 275lbs. Well no one over 200 lbs. sat in it and very briefly. The chair has twist on legs. The back legs have completely bent. I have bricks supporting the chair!!! I will give you the address it was delivered to. We paid for a dependable product. I'm very put out with the whole experience! I need another chair with the legs already firmly attached. I will never buy anything from you again, unless you make this right. I have also told anyone who would listen to do the same. Please contact me to fix this problem.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I shopped for a queen size platform bed. What I bought was actually only the headboard, which the website did state, but four of the six pictures showed the full bed. They later admitted this was "staging." I specifically needed a platform bed for my mattress which does not have a box springs or other frame and I explained this to the CS rep whom I called just as soon as I realized it was just a headboard, and before it was delivered(!). She cheerfully agreed to give me a refund, after looking for the rest of the bed and being unable to find it. After we hung up, I found the rest of the bed right away, so why couldn't she?

She had suggested I contact the manufacturer. I did not want to do that as my life is way too busy to be hunting down beds. What she did NOT tell me: 1) I would need to print a return label. Because my printer is in another city, this means I would have to go to a print/fax place to get a label. I didn't know this until 9:00PM the night before my next morning scheduled return pickup by FedEx. Secondly, and MOST important: They are deducting $30 for shipping costs from my refund and they didn't tell me this when I called asking to return the item.

So I called again to complain about this additional undisclosed information: The CS rep spent approximately ten minutes repeating her scripted answers: The headboard was clearly stated as a headboard and their return policy and shipping charges are clearly indicated on their website. She has no power to make any adjustments. It is out of her hands! So ten minutes explaining why the company was right, admitting that they "stage" their items photos, and explaining that she could do nothing to help me. I ended up politely terminating the call. I will not be shopping at Wayfair again! I will be warning anyone I speak with, that this is not a company with integrity.

Original review: July 10, 2022

I ask Wayfair for Issue a $100.00 so that my client could have the Damaged chair repaired. Wayfair was only willing to give 25.00 to repair a Damaged Chair. The Customer Care Department was not helpful at all. I will not Recommend Wayfair!

Original review: July 9, 2022

Bought a dresser set from Wayfair, it arrived damaged, they did replace a dresser top for us but that’s about all that went good. Fast forward 5 months, the finish is worn off, drawers do not line up, drawer pulls were drilled crooked and the tall dresser has literally bowed out so much the drawers are literally falling out. Wayfair will NOT stand by their products. Do not purchase from this company. They are selling overpriced crap.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Ordered 3 chairs to replace our old ones. We didn’t open them right away as we had the kitchen updated. When we did the chairs were not the correct ones. Called and emailed Wayfair, they said, "Sorry should have called earlier, we won’t do anything." I am out of 400$ and can’t use them. They don’t stand behind their merchandise!

Original review: July 8, 2022

There seem to be major issues with shipping Mattresses to Canada. The Delta Wayfair shipped me the mattress that also arrive late (wrong size and wrong manufacturer). I have been battling with them and customer service to get this resolved. I am still waiting for the Mattress I ordered June 13. We are getting close to a month. I regret ordering a mattress through Wayfair just to saving a little $$. Go to a local store and pay the extra. Not worth the headache.

Original review: July 5, 2022

Ordered a TV stand from Wayfair 6/29/2022. Was scheduled to be delivered 7/2/2022. Arrived 7/3/2022. Arrived damaged but installer was able to rig it to work. Did not arrive at my door as promised. Fed-Ex just dropped it on the first floor common area where anyone could steal it (thankfully they did not) but it was so heavy I could not bring it upstairs myself, and while that is Fed-Ex's mistake, Wayfair needs to ensure compliance with what they tell customers. Just an overall negative experience.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I ordered a scratching post for $37.39 on a weekend sale, then they said if I add $12 to my order I will get free shipping, so I added measuring cups for $13. So a total of $50.51. I tried to submit my order and it just would not submit. After a couple hours of trying to see if I was doing things right, I called, as this was my first time shopping here. Customer service representative was nice and tried to help, but she said it was the weirdest thing. It was in my checkout and whenever she tried to submit the order it would disappear. So after talking for 44 minutes she sent me to someone else. Who was a wrong department. So then another 11 minutes on hold waiting for someone else.

Finally after speaking to her she realized it was because somehow on the Canadian Wayfair site, an American item was for sale. The item was in fact $79.99 Canadian. Literally two hours of calls and I was told I was out of luck. They saw it in my cart, and they should have worked harder to try to solve the problem. I will not shop there again!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I recently bought a chaise lounge chair from Wayfair. One of the part came damaged and when I worked with wayfair, they said they will work with seller to ship the damaged part. I requested expedited shipping, wayfair told me there is nothing they can do to expedite the shipping. Then why did I even buy from wayfair? I said ok.. Let's go with normal shipping. 15 days goes by and I haven't received the product as yet. When I called wayfair back, they said the carrier sent the shipment back to seller cause it was damaged. Seriously? You guys did not think to communicate this to a customer? Really bad customer service from wayfair. I would not buy from wayfair again! Now they refunded the amount. But I have a damaged lounge chair that I need to take care of disposing on my own. These guys are the worst! The products looks fancy.. But they are all cheaply made particle board mostly from China. Do not get fooled by wayfair.

Original review: July 1, 2022

I was leary of buying big furniture online in the first place,but I went ahead because everyone said Wayfair was a good site to use for it. Picked out a new sofa/couch paid for it. It originally said June 28 for delivery then it changed to July 1 now it says we are looking into a delay with your order! So I called Wayfair all they can tell you is no fed x label has been printed for it. Wait a minute let me understand this you take my money for an item you sell on YOUR website without even knowing if that actual sofa was even available.

Now Wayfair after days of no show says ok we will give your money back but it will take 10-15 days to get my money back! Wait a minute why should it take that long? So now I have gone 5 days no sofa and will now have to go another 10-15 before I will even have the money to go to AMAZON and order one. Wayfair you could learn a thing or two from them. Bottom line Wayfair does not stand behind its BUYERS. Don't buy from them unless you want an empty home with a message online saying that there seems to be a delay in your product there looking into it when In reality they're NOT looking into anything.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I have made many, many purchases over the years from Wayfair and never had any problems. Then I get an email June 3rd, 2022 informing me that I owe them money for a purchase I made in February 2021. For anyone who purchases online, you are aware that you don't get your order shipped to you unless it is paid for. They have gone into my history and just erased any payment so I don't even have an idea of what the original payment method was in order to check it. It's pretty terrifying that they could just go into anyone's purchase history and change it. What's to stop them from doing this to more of my purchases? Now they are threatening 'further action'. If you use this company, do so with extreme caution and keep every single receipt in a folder and never throw anything out.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I tried purchasing a dresser online last week. After I entered my credit card info, it says, 'Cannot process at this time.' I tried later, and the same thing happened. Meanwhile, I was charged for both dressers as per my bank. Wayfair tells me they have no record of the purchase. Sounds very shady to me. A few years as ago, I bought an end table and a dresser. Both were described as being solid wood. Neither were solid wood. This is the last straw. I'll never shop from Wayfair again. No trust. What a shady and tacky business.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I ordered a Red Barrel Studio Bookcase from Wayfair. I was shipped a similar product from Bush Furniture. I called their customer Service requesting a return since I did not receive the product I ordered. I was told they sometimes “rebrand” or “repackage” products as their own and ship out similar ones from different manufacturers. This is deceptive marketing practices. I found the actual product I received online at other stores for almost $100 less. Wayfair strategically does this repackaging so online shoppers cannot compare them since the Red Barrel Bookcase is a Wayfair Brand and the Bush Furniture Bookshelf is abundantly sold at many places online. And Wayfair charges return shipping on all products so even though I didn’t receive what I ordered Wayfair still wants to charge me more to return it. I would give this company zero stars and seriously question their company mandated practices which are in place to clearly take advantage of shoppers.

Original review: June 21, 2022

After moving to a new home, I spent thousands of dollars with Wayfair. I received the wrong items with missing parts. One item I order was a marble table top with 1 big black leg as a attachment. They sent me a marble top with a 4 leg attachment. 2 of their supervisors told me they sent me the correct table top. How can you fit 1 big black leg under a table top with 4 leg inserts? Impossible! Wayfair sent me small screws to fit in big holes to attach legs on a coffee table, the screws don’t fit, I cannot assemble the coffee table, wrong screws. Wayfair sent me a FedEx shipping label to return the incorrect marble top. I returned the table top to Meridian New Jersey where the table top originated. The 2nd supervisor told me I did not return the table top, a complete lie! I was on the phone with this company every day for 2 weeks, nothing accomplished except multiple headaches.

For my own peace, I decided it was best to take a 2k financial loss rather than combat this company on a daily basis. I was going to spend thousands of more dollars on bedroom sets. After my initial experience with Wayfair, they have lost my business. This company charges a great deal of money on their merchandise, they contract out to franchises who are the suppliers. My word of caution, is to be careful! You may receive damaged goods, missing parts, and may have to fight into complete misery to fix their mistakes which most of the time they don’t responsibility for. Wayfair doesn’t put the customer first. They are quick to take your money. Wayfair has forever lost my business. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone. From customer service to shipping to returns to refunds, it’s all a never ending battle…

Original review: June 20, 2022

It's better to go to a local store than to deal with a company who won't help with the return of their product. They have lost a customer and will continue to lose customers due to their policies. Keep screwing over people and you will be out of business.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I bought a rug and living room table, both on sale and very reasonable for a retired senior. I made a mistake and ordered the wrong size and then they replaced it, but the color was the wrong one. When I told them how much I had to pay for the help to put the rugs down, move furniture and help with the packaging for the returns, they deducted all that from the rug price. The rug is beautiful and so is the table. There is never a problem with Wayfair about returns. Each time I've called with a problem, the CS Rep goes above and beyond to resolve it, staying on until the problem is resolved. Yes, some of their products are not on a par with Ethan Allen or other high-priced furniture stores, but these items are sturdy, well-made and will last, and are very beautiful. Another good thing with Wayfair is the large selection for every type of furniture. I shopped until I found what I wanted.

Original review: June 18, 2022

Purchased item as listed in title: "painting on canvas" and in the product overview: "one of a kind" and in the details: "painting", "acrylic painting" and "wood frame". However the delivered product was a merely digital print, possibly on canvas (hard to tell as it was glued to hardboard) with a particle wood frame, not even connected at corners well. Ok, I will accept particle wood is 'technically wood', but most people would not call it wood. Just like leather and plastic-leather are not the same. Or food and edible are not equivalent. Completely fraudulent listing in my opinion. I recognized it would not be "one of a kind" as it's Wayfair doesn't sell unique items, but I expected it to be a at least a proper and real printing, reproduction, or copy, not simply a image printed.

Customer service did provide a discount when I contacted them, without question and argument (clearly they are aware). As I bought this 'painting' on 70% sale, I will not complain further, but will not likely purchase again, and this review is being done. Interesting this item changed price for a few days, $140 to $40 when I bought it, then next week back to $140 then today was $140, then 15 mins later $100. After I got my refund, however they did not correct the fraudulent/misleading listing wording.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Scammers! Totally scammers! I've tried to canceled order that has not been shipped yet and they don't allow me to do so cause "it's too far in the shipping process". 3 days later I got an email that it has been shipped... Initially promise to deliver between June 14-16. In fact will be delivered on June 21. And I will not be able to return it because it's an open box. Money wasted. People don't make a business with this company.

Original review: June 4, 2022

The materials and diagram-based instructions are great. I would have given them 5 points but for one serious defect: They tried to cut costs by providing a soft aluminum square Allen wrench that warped and was unusable before even finishing half the assembly. I had to go buy an iron wrench to complete the assembly. If they replace the Allen wrench with an iron one, this would be a really great deal.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I have successfully used Wayfair for clients as a designer and personally for several years. In the last 2 years however, the quality of the furniture, the packaging and the customer service have completely gone downhill. Furniture repeatedly shows up with missing pieces or damaged. They replace it with more damaged furniture and replacement parts for missing items take weeks to arrive. Customer service reps while friendly, are not given the authority to rectify the situation aside from sending replacement items that show up late and damaged making them order processors, not actual customer service representatives. I've spoken to several designers that have had similar or even identical issues and we not only refuse to use Wayfair going forward, we advise people to avoid them at all costs.

This company went from being a trusted, respected partner with quality, affordable furniture and stellar customer service to a company that does not care about the quality of their merchandise or their customers once they have your money. Plenty of their competitors are happy to take their business and actually care about their reputation not just the bottom line.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I received an email today titled "Last Request Before Collections: Wayfair Order..." which says A) "We have made attempts to contact you regarding payment but have not received a proper response" and B) That I owe money for a previous order. Not only have I never received any prior notifications about an outstanding balance, but also the order in question had its shipping fee refunded to me because they never sent the original item and I was not paying for expedited shipping.

This email is absolutely unacceptable and I do not take kindly to the threat that they will "take legal action". They're trying to bully me into paying money I do not owe.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Product detail states Power Reclining Heated Massage Chair, line 4 of the specs state. Reclining Type: Power. Called Wayfair when I received the chair and it was Manual. The response I received was if you look down at line 10 of the specs it states Manual. And the power refers to the heat and massage. Basically blowing me off. Why would product title and spec show POWER.. but 10 lines down show manual. It's called FALSE ADVERTISING

Original review: May 26, 2022

Ordered furniture May 9, charged my card May 10,? May 10 will arrive before May 17, call May 19, will get back to you... Keep calling, they never call back, it is May 26, new excuse every day, I'll do this today, next day "oh we started that just today." Oh it takes 1 day, 10 minutes later it takes 3 days.... Ineffective customer service, website and communications that lie and change stories every time I talk to them. Not to be trusted.

Wayfair Company Information