2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.24/5
Based on 1,805 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Wayfair Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I have purchased several items from Wayfair but have had bad experiences with their delivery services. Furniture arriving broken/damaged. This has happened twice. I will say that Wayfair did replace the damaged furniture but it was very disappointing. I recently bought a wool rug which has shed consistently.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I ordered two couches from Wayfair. The delivery was awesome - 2 days as promised. When I opened the boxes the color was a greener blue than I had expected and didn't match my chairs. I found their number easily on the website, called, no problem, no fuss, they sent me a lable, credited my card, sent FedEx to pick them up... It was awesome! Thanks y'all!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Currently, I am still waiting on their shipment of two chairs. I received an email and then a text stating that I would get shipment on Wednesday, the 12th. Then, later a text stating I would receive shipment on the 11th. Later, I was notified that I would be receiving shipment on the 12th again. By end of day on the 12th, I received notice I would receive on the 13th. Today is that day and now notice of shipment to be delivered on the 14th. Called customer service and am no better off, just more ticked off with their unprofessionalism. They just want to hand this off to FedEx and me. Have no idea if and when package will be delivered and they tell me it's too late to cancel the order. Beware!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Wayfair advertises products at a great price knowing they do not have them available for purchase! Total bait and switch... Prior to me making 3 separate purchases this week, earlier in the month I reported 3 times... 2 by phone and 1 email letting Wayfair know they are advertising products that are NOT available especially on their open box items. I tried to purchase the advertised open box or sale price item but it was not available at the advertised price. When I placed it in my cart it was full price. They said they would create a ticket to correct the pricing and take off the sale price, or open box items. I have gone back on the site several times throughout the month and nothing has been corrected.

So this week I found a sofa bed that said it was AVAILABLE so I made the purchase and received conformation! I was really excited because it was a great deal and actually let me go through with the purchase. Sadly, I received an e-mail the next day saying my item was unavailable and cancelled my BUT In the meantime, why not browse other great items and of course those items are all double the price!!!

After the 1st purchase, I Contacted Wayfair again asking them to help me make the purchase of a sofa bed that I liked because even after I receive the email the website still had the item listed for sale at the discount price. They said they do not have the item and they would correct it on the site. As I was trying to find a new choice I noticed later in the week the sofa bed I wanted was back up for sale. So I tried to purchase it again...thinking maybe there was a mix up and they must have the sofa after all. After my 2nd purchase I contacted Wayfair to confirm my order this time. I received an email with apologizes for the hassle and said they were locating the warehouse location and would ship the following day. Well, the following day they cancelled my order again! By now I’m frustrated and angry!!!

Being who I am I made a 3rd purchase of 4 open box sale items and again an email that all four items are unavailable!!! What conclusion do you come to? I call again after the 2nd purchase and they tell me this sofa is not in stock as a matter of fact it is -2! Then I ask on the phone about several other items I’m interested in... They didn’t have any items that I asked about even though they showed available online. So I asked, "Why are you still advertising a product for sale when you know don’t have it?" They said, "Well our site is not in real time updates and it sometimes takes the web guys a day or so to correct things on their end." What!!! Wayfair is way to large of a company to have these kinds of problems. HIRE QUICKER WEB Personnel!!!

I told them after doing a lot of research on their site, they are totally false advertising! Even if they correct certain items as not available to purchase. They leave the sales price or open box deals up on the main listing page. So they are knowingly listing a sales price for items they know they do NOT have!!! I asked them if they would honor the price that I tried 2x’s to purchase the sofa at. They gave me all the company policy rules Bla bla bla...and how they are covered in the in the “fine print”...

I totally get that mistakes are somewhat common for online retailers but to to knowingly mislead and be deceptive to the consumer is just poor business practice! They may not be breaking any laws but it’s certainly not a way to do business. It is unfair and deceptive act for a retailer, manufacturer, franchisor or distributor who discovers a material error in an advertisement and to fail to either honor the terms of the advertisement prior to correction, or to promptly correct any material misrepresentation… After going 2 levels up in management I got the impression Wayfair really doesn’t care!!! This is an email I received after my phone call of trying to make things right for myself as the consumer. They simply just sent this policy! Nothing else in the email but this... SOO CONSUMERS BEWARE!!!

- Information on your Wayfair order - Order Acceptance. The receipt of an order number or an email order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. Wayfair reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or to refuse service to any customer. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of an order. Prices and availability of products on the Sites are subject to change without notice. Errors will be corrected when discovered and Wayfair reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any error, inaccuracy, or omission (including after an order has been submitted).

Certain orders constitute improper use of the Sites and the Wayfair Rewards Program described below. Wayfair reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason. Your account may also be restricted or terminated for any reason, at Wayfair's sole discretion. Items purchased pursuant to a quantity discount may be re-priced upon cancellation.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I'll start by saying that when I placed my order, the amount of it including my 10% off was charged to my debit card instead of my Zilly account. I was able to cancel the entire order, however when I went to reorder I could not redeem the 10% promo code on the highest item I was given for new customers. This being said I then called customer service to get a new promo code, only to be told that they could not issue another one & would only be able to post credit the account after I made the purchase. I then went ahead & reordered just to find out that they actually just send out a 10% code for the lowest price item to use on my next purchase. Also because I was only approved $400 on my Zilly account, I was not able to use it without using the promo code because it would exceed my limit. I had to cancel my order once again & was told that my account would be credited back 30%, yes that's right 30% off the highest price item.

I should also mention that I was told that item was never shipped. That was not true because I received the item in the mail today. They went back on their word & only credited me 15% back to my account. All this canceling & reordering has caused insufficient funds from the pending authorizations. That means that my other items can't be shipped until they clear on my account. So now I have a mattress with no ** bed!! If they weren't deceiving about my canceled orders not really being cancelled all because they lied about the discount codes...I would not be in the hospital right now because of the stress they have caused me. Stress kills people! They are the most corrupted company I have ever dealt with in my entire life!! All I have to say is GOOD LUCK if you decide to order through them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I bought patio furniture from Wayfair and added their assembly services on delivery. The furniture was delivered to me and the drivers said they couldn’t assemble it and if have to call customer service. The first person I talked to said I simply had to schedule an appointment with their Handy Department and the money I already paid would cover it. The next person said no, they just can’t assemble it but would return my $120. Why are they selling furniture they can’t assemble? And if they can’t, who can? Bizarre, and a total waste of my time and energy.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I ordered a cocktail table from Wayfair. After reading some reviews I became apprehensive, but I had a great experience, I received both email and texts advising of delivery date and time. The package arrived about a half an hour into that time window. I had thought from the website that I would have to assemble my table so was delighted when it arrived all put together...just had to place the glass top. All told it was a 100% experience.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

I recently purchased a medicine cabinet from Wayfair.com. It arrived damaged. I emailed Wayfair and heard back from them almost immediately, by phone and email. The sent me a new cabinet and had me donate the damaged one. I didn’t have to hassle with sending it back. The customer service at Wayfair was amazing. I would definitely use them again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I have purchased several items from Wayfair. Rugs, dresser, nightstand, two side tables, and lamps. Recently, I started looking at a pendant light, and noticed last Friday, it was $155. I thought, yay! I waited until Monday, and now it's $189. So, I chatted with a rep, who stated that prices change because of demand, and several other crappy explanations. I am really annoyed with this...this isn't the first time I have noticed them doing this. It was a dining room table. I didn't buy that. I guess because they are a sponsor for HGTV that we aren't important as consumers. The rep told me you can "lock in the price...you have to contact them, and they hold that price for 10 days. What a crock...

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I've been a customer for over a year. Each time a had issues they handled it professionally end efficiently. Customer satisfaction is their priority. One more time they've proved to me they are trustworthy name. Customer service is simply wonderful. Wayfair is always my first call. And I am a real customer. :)

Wayfair Company Information