3.56/5
Based on 1,733 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Wayfair

Wayfair makes finding the perfect furniture and home décor at a price you can afford easier than ever. With over seven million products from more than 7,000 suppliers, we have one of the largest online furniture and home goods selections available.

Founded in 2002 on a shoestring budget by two Cornell University engineering students, Steve Conine and Niraj Shah turned a market opportunity into an innovative home ecommerce site that exceeded $2.25 billion in revenue in 2015.

Along with the rapid growth, Wayfair has remained committed to superior customer service ensuring your online shopping experience exceeds expectations.

Wayfair, a zillion things home.

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

4593 Wayfair Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My name is Randy and I just bought a new house in Orlando and decided to start purchasing items from Wayfair. I ordered a large picture from Wayfair and was highly impressed with it. Next, I decided to order an expensive 11.9' x 9.8' metal patio gazebo by Sunjoy, Order #**. I placed this order in July. The following month (Aug) a representative from Wayfair called and stated that the item could not be shipped from the warehouse up North but now will be shipped from a warehouse in California. Toward the end of the month (Aug) I called the Rep back and he stated that the item was on a truck in California getting ready to be shipped out. I emailed another customer service rep with Wayfair and she sent me a 10% discount coupon. The coupon to me didn't fix this issue at hand but I decided to wait.

The next month (Sept) I called the service rep and he stated that he would have a final update as to where the truck was and would call me back on Monday 9 Sept. Tuesday, I decided to call him back as I never received the call on Monday. The Rep finally emailed me back (no Call) telling me that the order had been cancelled. I think that this was very unprofessional having me wait July-September just to inform me that the item was out of stock when I was told that it was loaded on a truck and would be delivered soon. My Wife and I were very excited about receiving this item and installing it on our new house. I'm retired Army and work in Orlando and have told all of my business partners of my excitement of ordering this gazebo from Wayfair. Now I'm sorry to say that I've had to tell them the whole story. Randy **

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I just noticed a hall runner & haven't received. Was discounted in price and called to get the discount (I will probably have to send it back anyway as they are rippled from shipping, wont lay flat) but she said as of Sept 1 they no longer give the discount...nice to let us know. All other online still does including Amazon whose prices are lower for the same items. Disappointed as these runners always seem to be flawed and you waste time shipping back and days trying to flatten which a consumer shouldn't be doing.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I ordered a bed at the end of August to be delivered mid September. The item was paid for and a receipt was sent to me confirming my purchase. I called one week prior to confirm delivery and was told it was on schedule. When I had not heard from them the day before delivery, I called to get time frame. Instead, what I was told was that the product was out of stock. A product I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED! So, they sold MY merchandise I PAID FOR out from under from their warehouse. I never once had one email, call or any form of communication telling me the product was no longer available either. Not only is this a terrible way to do business, but seems illegal at that. If you actually want to receive a product that you ordered, DO NOT order from this company. I highly DO NOT RECOMMEND Wayfair to anyone!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Just fyi, if you return an item to Wayfair you are not allowed to leave a review. Most disconcerting as this may make items look more favorable than they are. I recently ordered a quilt and curtains that were supposed to match and did not at all. The return procedure has been okay so far - not completed yet so have not received a refund. But the curtain I ordered was an open box deal and so I am not allowed to return since I got a discounted price. This is a little shady since the quilt did not match. I am allowed to leave a review for the curtain, but not the quilt.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I purchased a floating vanity on 8/9 that was allegedly shipped on 8/14 and was supposed to arrive to the Wayfair Delivery Team by 8/27. This seemed like a ridiculous delay to begin with when other companies can you items in days. The day came and went without any updates and the online tracking never showed updates. I reached out to Wayfair and they told me my vanity, which was coming from Texas and I live in Arizona, was in California but should be leaving soon for Arizona. I then received three phones calls telling me there were no updates, that the vanity was still in California and the shipping dates kept changing. It has now been a month and my vanity is still sitting in Paris, California. My biggest concern is it will arrive damaged and be sent back. I need a finished bathroom and my plumbing has already been prepped per this vanity's specs. I will never buy anything from Wayfair again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wayfair?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I ordered a bed, and only received 2 out of 3 parcels required for it. I got in touch with them immediately, as the courier didn't have the third parcel. It says on the top of each box how many parcels there are going to be. Instead of straight away sending the replacement part, they started an 'investigation' into what had happened. I found out myself by speaking to the couriers on their live chat, who told me the third part of the bed was never sent to them in the first place. Got back in touch with Wayfair, who said I still needed to wait for their investigation to finish. So I can't get the refund, nor can I get the final part.

A few days later, they get in touch to let me know the investigation has finished, and indeed, my part has been lost (telling me nothing new), and would I like the final part of the bed? I say no, I would like a refund. Then, I'm told they will tell their courier to pick up the parts of the bed which I have received, and only then will I receive the refund. The courier has not gotten in touch yet, even after waiting 3 days (they said they would get in touch in 24 hours).

So essentially, I'm stuck with half a bed that can't be put together, I have the head and foot boards of the bed and the slats, and nothing to put it together. I don't trust that I'll receive the final part, but I can't seem to get the refund together. Customer service on the phone was very short with me, the emails that they send to me are copied and pasted (and they don't even hide that by pasting with plain text?), so it's clear this is a recurring problem and they repeat the same thing over and over. Seriously, never again.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I never write reviews as I do not have time, but I am so upset about the service I received from Wayfair and all of its companies that I had to write this review. If I could give less than one star I would. I spent days and weeks searching for the perfect match Bed, Dresser and Nighstands and I spend equal time coordinating the delivery to arrive when we would be in Naples. Unfortunately the hurricane was possible going to hit Florida but I still went to receive my delivery. I flew to Florida for the sole purpose to receive my delivery which already arrived at their warehouse in Tampa on a Friday.

By Sunday all weather reports were the hurricane was not going to impact the gulf side which would be the delivery path from Tampa to Naples. They cancelled my delivery for Tuesday and said they would deliver my items on the following Saturday which I was already scheduled to leave on Friday. Finally after much talking they rescheduled me for Wednesday. Wednesday came and now they rescheduled me back to Saturday. I was on the phone forever and they gave me a credit which I wanted my furniture. The supervisor said he would call me back and did not. The next day I was on the phone again with no success so I had to cancel my entire order and now have to start all over again and pay to fly back to Florida to receive my order. The worst ever service!!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Ordered queen platform with two night stands (Orren Ellis Lashley Queen Platform Bed). Two days later getting notification the order gets delayed for some 4-5 weeks. Calling Wayfair, they explain that due to the night stands being out of stock the order got delayed but they can deliver the bed meantime, I agreed. 3 days later the bed comes, starting assembly and here what I see:

- no instructions in English
      - missing screws..like a lot ..had to go to HD to buy extra pack
      - missing pre-drilled holes in many places
      - some predrilled holes do not match the assembly parts
      - the whole bed design is extremely bulky and heavy and has internal wood frame structure attached to the exterior frame

- if installed on the hardwood floor - will damage the floor, requires installing soft pads, but very difficult to attach due to the bed weight

Day later after the installation, getting email that the night stands in my order discontinued. So, I stuck with a bed without matching stands. Calling Wayfair customer service to arrange the return of the bed - NO RETURNS were allowed due to the fact that it's already assembled. Very bad experience. Will avoid buying anything from this company.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

We ordered several items from Wayfair for the first time for my daughters new apartment. It was recommended for good quality and reasonable prices. We ordered a bed frame, mattress, kitchen, lamp and island with stools. The island came as expected and on time. The mattress we had to switch because the one we wanted took too long to deliver. We chose one that had a much quicker ship date only to learn that ship date and delivery date do NOT correlate. The delivery date was obscured and she had to wait a very long time for actual delivery.

As for the bed frame, it was all set for delivery one a certain day and when it didn't arrive, she looked at the tracking info. It changed the delivery date and stated it was at customer request which is NOT true. Also, a customer service rep called to see if we were happy. Nice touch. But when I complained about the mattress delivery problem she said she needed to research it and call me back in 10 minutes. Needless to say we never got the call back. Overall, Wayfair promises more than they can deliver

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a Murphy bed from Wayfair and because we were still in building mode (which is very slow in our area) we never unpacked the bed until over a year later. When we opened the boxes, we found that it was not quite what we ordered. The picture showed the bed with 2 cabinets. We never received the 2 cabinets. When we contacted Wayfair, they advised us that the cabinets were in the picture as "staging" which is just another term for "False Advertising". Upon contacting them, they advised they were very sorry but could not help us. They offered us $100.00 towards the purchase of the cabinets, which were over 600.00. I will never refer Wayfair to a friend because I would feel guilty if they got the same run around and service we received.

Wayfair Company Information