4.4/5 (154 ratings)

About TruthFinder

TruthFinder People Search provides millions of Americans with easy-to-read background reports, public records, contact information and more. TruthFinder reports include data sourced from county, state and federal databases. Truthfinder accesses multiple public records stored on the internet and presents them to the user in one simple report. You can use TruthFinder to check up on old friends, investigate an online date’s information, reconnect with family members and even to check yourself.

Pros

• Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports

Cons

• Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Bottom Line

TruthFinder customers pay a fee to receive detailed reports with a person’s contact information, social media profiles, education, jobs, possible associates and more.

TruthFinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruthFinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Lawrence who I spoke with to cancel my subscription was very accommodating and polite. He took care of it in a very timely manner…great experience talking to him. It’s just not a service I can keep on a monthly basis especially right now.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Had issues with recurring membership charges. Was helped immediately and problem resolved. Was told that charges would be reversed to original payment method and membership canceled. Young lady on the phone was very helpful and informative. Was also informed that I would still be able to use the service for nearly an extra month free of charge.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

In the past I have used several services to vet people I've met through dating sites. TruthFinders is by far the easiest to navigate and offers more information than any of the other services I tried. When I decided I no longer needed to subscribe to TruthFinders, I dreaded the cancellation process. But it couldn't have been easier. The customer service rep quickly processed my cancellation. I will definitely use TruthFinders for any of my future vetting needs.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

TruthFinder is more user friendly, more information and great customer service than others I’ve tried during probation period. Mix up with fees was dealt with immediately. You talk to a human which I liked. It’s secured and steps to prevent fraud.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Amber was prompt and delightful! I explained my careless mistake and she without hesitation took care of my cancellation right away! Very lucky to have had such a great agent help me today! If ever I need to utilize the services TruthFinder provides I will not hesitate to use your company again! Absolute pleasure working with such an honest company!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Good report and produced in a decent timeframe. But the process kept asking for more info about ME. I do not like to be collected upon, and your customers should not have to divulge all their data to get a report on someone else. Our info is already available in public records. I only needed a single search and appreciated the discounted rate of $7.46+ for a one week trial. BUT was thoroughly disappointed when I was gouged for another $3.99+ for a "downloadable" pdf. It takes ZERO effort or data cost on your part to deliver a pdf file - it is automatically generated. Why stick your customer with a bogus charge? This "bill" also comes due at THE END of the whole process and after I have already joined: if I want the report now, I have to pay more. Not good.

TruthFinder response

We appreciate your feedback regarding our membership plans and billing policies. In order to complete the enrollment process, each user is required to check a box to agree to TruthFinder’s billing terms. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The customer service rep was very understanding, pleasant, and knowledgeable. I would recommend speaking with her every time. She explained my current program and recommended a better program for my usage. I'm very pleased to be able to talk with a human being and most of all someone who speaks English and someone you can understand. This means we are putting Anericans back to work again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I spoke with Paul at customer service. He was very pleasant and got me what I needed in very short order. I really appreciate it him. I would use them again in the future if the need arose. The price compared to other sites is very affordable.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I was going to cancel my subscriptions today. Only because I wasn't getting as much use for work as I thought I would. Cardell was my service rep and could not have been any more pleasant to talk to. He was so helpful and informative. I changed my mind about canceling in part because of Cardell's professionalism and great attitude and I could not be happier about keeping Truthfinder for my work with this great deal you offered. I'm a process server. Thank you, Joe.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Outstanding customer service! Very happy with the service but I only intended to use the service one time only. Customer service did an outstanding job helping me manage my account. The agent on the phone provided wonderful customer service. Thank you very much.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Provided excellent information. Really works and easy to understand. Needed specific information and they delivered. Would recommend. Professional, great customer service. Allows you to find properties, emails, telephone numbers and other family contacts. I would recommend this service without reservations.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Not so much disappointed in services but a little disappointed when I getting emails saying sorry you have left Mike???? My name is Rebecca not mike and I used your service a few times. I just needed 1 look up and I canceled the very next day but still was charged $29.90. For one day one look up. Unbelievable still with that amount charge I still had the whole month but I choose to cancel because there wasn't anyone I wanted or needed to look up. So yeah a little disappointed on the fee I felt that could of been pro-rated. Other then that service is fine. Thank you.

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re sorry that you were not satisfied with our services. We’re committed to providing our users a great customer experience and we’d like to make this right for you. A member of our team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Oct. 30, 2021

I received much useful information on my reports yet I felt they were not complete or up-to-date, addresses were not current, nor were the Criminal record reports. Deceased persons were not listed as such, rather still living. I needed more information.

Hi Dee,

We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

Agent was very skilled at customer service. Got my issue with billing fixed quickly. I REALLY appreciate a company that uses US employees and doesn't outsource their customer service. Hopefully you don't mandate vaccines for your employees because I would have to stop using you.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Really easy to access great information and also accurate....Gives directions to make information more easily to read. The information is complete .... Gives detailed information.... The Categories are designed to ensure a good understanding. I would recommend this app to any searching for someone.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

Cory was the best csr! He was knowledgeable and helped me resolve my issue. He also offered me another program which I am considering. I give Cory and A++. So grateful. Cory helped me get a refund on months that I had not used the service. I also appreciate the time I was with truthfinder. You are extremely thorough.

Blessings,

Pastor Rob

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

On Oct 22 around 6pm called re my subscription and the customer representative service was outstanding and explanations to my concerns that I will be subscribing again in the near future. Truth Finder is very fortunate to have this great customer service rep as an asset. Thank you.

Deborah

Hi Deborah,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We’re glad to see that one of our customer service representatives was able to assist you with resolving any concerns you may have had. If you ever have any additional questions or need any help, feel free to let us know by calling our member care team at 1-800-699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I thought your idea of a life timeline was a good one, but even on that matter the subject's father was not mentioned. Nothing was provided about current or past occupations/work history. And nothing was given in the TruthFinder report about any of her associations (organizations, groups, etc.). Her current property ownership and history were incomplete or inaccurate. Overall the subject was poorly researched.

Hi David,

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was very pleased with Truthfinder. It supplied me with some interesting and valuable information. Some of the possible relatives were not related, but that was a minor thing and not really a problem. I would certainly use your services again in the future if needed. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I found the service to be very useful and accurate. It exceeded my expectations. I would recommend this to my friends and I have already. The customer service was exceptional. I used this service for personal use only not as a business.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I was frustrated not being able to view the searches I call the phone number listed and was connected with what I believe is one of your best CSR troubleshooters. Linnzy she was very patient with me and explained what was happening and after about an hour I was able to view my searches. And I’ve not had any problems since and I gone on a couple more times and done a couple more searches. She is a asset to your company. And should get the proper reconciliation. Thanks again Linnzy.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

Prefer not to relate gentleman's name who assisted me w/o being critical of my ignorance in entry into Truth Finder Program. He never gave up 'til I was 100% pleased with your Program, Q&As, and completion to my satisfaction. If you have difficulty locating him I will be happy to speak with a rep of yours. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2021

I was able to find information I was searching for, that seemed to escape all other avenues I tried. It allowed me to continue on broader paths than I would have been able to explore otherwise. Your customer service representative, Ryan, was very polite and helpful! He was a true pleasure to talk with. There is no reason for me not to recommend your services. Shirley **.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Truthfinder should start by being truthful in what they actually offer once you have paid your subscription and joined the membership. Truthfinder promises you to find a whole bunch of necessary information until you get caught in their lies. Once you have joined the membership, they offer you quarter of what they have mentioned while you are filling out the form… Don’t get fooled by joining truth finder because you will get totally disappointing by the limited amount of information they offer you.

When I called to cancel 10 minutes later, the person on the phone seemed to be making a joke and a mockery of what I was trying to say and was laughing more than he could talk like as though he already knew what this whole game of becoming a Truthfinder member was about. I had to make a second call to reconfirm that I didn’t make a call to the wrong number due to the unprofessional agent that spoke to me the first time.

Hi Capucine,

We’re sorry to hear you were unable to obtain information on certain people. Our data providers are always updating their information, but some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, or they may not update their databases annually, which can create gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Needed to find any outstanding records for deceased family member. While researching online how we could accomplish and verify, I ran across possibly using TruthFinder as a source. I was able to find and use Truthfinder data report for what was missing.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I looked up my information. A person I posted bond for was listed as an associate. I checked a minister who had helped a Parolee, adjust to freedom, and the Parolee was listed as an associate of the minister. Each event did not qualify the person helped as an associate of an investigator or a minister. The 3 stars are for information that might be questionable.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback and honest review. Our data is obtained from public records and various other records sources. We are always working with our data providers to get the best information possible, but as our Disclaimer states, there are some cases in which the information may not be 100% accurate. This is due to variables like clerical errors, slow processing times, and discrepancies between states over what is considered “public record.” There also exists the possibility of false positives, and more than one individual with the same name and basic information may match up with many other records.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Excellent… It was amazingly awesome to talk to a US citizen. Not a foreigner, that you can’t understand and says his name is John or David. It’s so frustrating for companies to be so cheap in outsourcing their customer service. It proves they don’t care about their customers and it’s miserable to call in to companies that do business this way!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Kathy was personable & solicitous in meeting my request to cancel service… She immediately reversed the monthly charge that was accidentally levied on my bank account. I had cancelled service on 9-11-21 but was charged for October this morning. I enjoyed Truthfinder.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

After sorting through all the files and sections, we were able to find more than we ever imagined. Unfortunately I had to cancel my subscription because your search and the results were such that we did not need it any longer. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Very thorough and informative site. I would recommend to anyone that is searching for someone that is missing or you've lost contact with. May find out things that will surprise you but it's good to know. Would recommend to family and friends. Great resource.

TruthFinder Company Information