4.33/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Truthfinder allows you to uncover tons of information on anyone within the United States. You can also check up on old friends, investigate online date information, reconnect with family members, and even check yourself.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Truthfinder Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I am generally satisfied with the service provided by TruthFinder. However, I keep getting emails from TruthFinder that are addressed to Andrew (and not Robert), as was the case with the email that linked to this review. What happened was that when I first signed up for the service a number of years ago, and had entered my late grandfather's name as the first person's record I wanted to search, I was subsequently prompted with a checkbox labeled "This is me". I did not think it was referencing the person I wanted to search, but rather asking me if I was who I said I was in my account information... like an "I am not a robot" feature. So I checked the box to indicate that yes, this was me. Since then, the emails I've been receiving from TruthFinder have been addressing me as Andrew (my grandfather's name).

I also began receiving -- and continue to receive -- unwanted emails from other companies that apparently get their information from TruthFinder soliciting my purchase of their products or services and also addressing me as Andrew. I really wish this problem can be corrected so that I am correctly addressed as Robert in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I had problems with my bank account and a credit card account, within a 45 day time period, that had fraudulent charges, on both. My bank took care of everything, but I had to have new cards issued, contacting creditors to give them my new debit card and new credit card information. It was very cumbersome. After going through this, I opened an account with Truthfinder. They were recommended by Care Credit. It took a bit to input all of the information they wanted, but it was worth it. I received various detailed reports giving good and some information, that could be fraudulent. They were great over the next couple of months, sending me email notification of any new updated data.

Unfortunately, I had a medical situation come up, that caused me to have to temporarily freeze my account for an undetermined amount of time. The office at Truthfinder, were extremely understanding, and told me that my file would be there if I wished to reopen it in the near future. I would recommend Truthfinder to anyone trying to compile their personal and financial data, while keeping it safe and secure. Thank You, Mimmaw.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I tried Truthfinder because I’d seen some reviews that said they had an inexpensive low cost trial option. I went thru the signup option, kept waiting for a screen to tell me of trial offer or at least what monthly charge would be. I went through PayPal since usually Paypal tells you what charge you are putting on your CC, but I never got a screen telling how much I had been charged. Found out after looking at account that my charge was $27 for first month and that telephone info was an additional charge. Tried to cancel online but cancellation process just put me in a loop that never gave me option to cancel. Long story short, called a customer service rep and was able to get charged reversed even though that is not policy to do so. Was given an all access option at half the going rate so I’ll try it for a month to see how it goes. This background check industry seems to be a big racket but at least this companies CSR tried to make it right.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Mary. This woman was able to use her bank to take money from my PayPal account. I was interested whether she had a criminal record. I was wishing that would show up at the beginning of the report. Also, the report did not show any type of problems with credit. She is a very rich woman living in Southern California and knows how to take money out of other people's accounts. It looks like you don't do anything with credit reports. So TruthFinder seems limited as to that area..

However, your history of her moves is interesting. One fact that really opened up my eyes is that she pays $5,000.00 a month on her mortgage. It did help me to know that she is rich. Now PayPal is working with her taking money out of my account through her credit cards that she used in initially paying me but then took the money out through her bank. PayPal found that my charges for editing for her were very creditable. So knowing through your report of her financial situation did really help.

Truthfinder response
That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly over the phone.
Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Doing good, still locating OLD people, friends and acquaintances, some I cannot find, I will have to use other services. I started doing lookups for my daughter's new boyfriend. He's already been there and checked out himself, but I still am looking just for OLD OLD people from the 50's, 60's, 70's and even newer, even work people, or such and I keep it all confidential of course. Locating old high school friends, will be using that for reunions, big or small, many I find have passed. This is invaluable and LOTS of competition out there, so I might discontinue this after a few more months of researching old friends, pals, and family. The LIST never seems to end, thank you TF.

Truthfinder response
Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. If you ever have a question or need help with our website, you can reach our US-based member care team.
Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

I felt really comfortable and confident when I called Truthfinder. I had a really nice and helpful Agent help relieve me of my concerns with privacy. She sent in another request for me to make sure my information was removed. Thank you again for your help.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Truthfinder promised a comprehensive report and I received a comprehensive report. Everything that they provided to me was worth the cost, easy to read and the timeline that they use as a company is great. I’d use them again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

This service was helpful. We found out the location of many old friends. We also learned about business associates and potential associates. One person that I looked up had been deceased for 8 months, but that information had not been updated in Truthfinder.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I found this a very helpful and enlightening application...I was able to find the necessary help and information that I needed in this application and would go ahead and recommend it to anyone that is in need of information such as I was.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Getting into the system was more challenging than expected, but the particular fields I was searching to find, contact information, was easy to find and use. Once into the system and looking at a report, other reports were expeditiously presented for review when clicked on...

Truthfinder expert review by Ben Mannes

Truthfinder is an online public record search service. Use it to find information about neighbors, sex offenders, friends, online buyers and sellers and more. Price depends on which membership package you choose but the Truthfinder website says you can get unlimited background check reports for less than $20 per month.

• People search: Truthfinder lets you search public records for free. This free service lets you find peoples name, location, phone number, current and previous addresses, occupation and more. People search integrates with your voice activated device like Siri and Echo. For example, you can tell Siri, “Truthfinder John Smith” and it will automatically look up the spoken name.

• Criminal records: Use Truthfinder to look up criminal records such as felony offenses, misdemeanors traffic court records, sex offenders and more. The most common crimes Truthfinder looks up include property crime, larceny, burglary and violent crimes.

• Reverse phone search: Truthfinder lets you input a persons phone number to get personal information such as social media accounts and location. Once you input the phone number, Truthfinder gathers a report that can be emailed to you once you put in your name and email address.

• Pricing: Truthfinder offers a one-month membership for less than $30 per month. This lets you run unlimited standard background reports. A three-month subscription breaks down to about $26 per month. Truthfinder also has a plan that lets you look up an unlimited number of phone numbers for $2 per month. You can pay using a credit card or PayPal.

• Best for: consumers wanting to look up information about friends, family members, neighbors and buyers and sellers.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Truthfinder Company Information