4.04/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Truthfinder allows you to uncover tons of information on anyone within the United States. You can also check up on old friends, investigate online date information, reconnect with family members, and even check yourself.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

614 Truthfinder Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I had problems with my bank account and a credit card account, within a 45 day time period, that had fraudulent charges, on both. My bank took care of everything, but I had to have new cards issued, contacting creditors to give them my new debit card and new credit card information. It was very cumbersome. After going through this, I opened an account with Truthfinder. They were recommended by Care Credit. It took a bit to input all of the information they wanted, but it was worth it. I received various detailed reports giving good and some information, that could be fraudulent. They were great over the next couple of months, sending me email notification of any new updated data.

Unfortunately, I had a medical situation come up, that caused me to have to temporarily freeze my account for an undetermined amount of time. The office at Truthfinder, were extremely understanding, and told me that my file would be there if I wished to reopen it in the near future. I would recommend Truthfinder to anyone trying to compile their personal and financial data, while keeping it safe and secure. Thank You, Mimmaw.

Get expert buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I was confused when I registered and thought I had already cancelled the membership after using your services for one day. I found Truthfinder to be helpful. I just didn't need it every month. Todi/Tadi (I can't remember how to spell her name!) assisted me and she was EXCELLENT! Great customer service! She offered to downgrade my membership but after talking with her she could see I didn't need the service and was able to cancel my subscription and issued a refund for September because I did not use the website.

The customer service alone that I received makes me want to suggest these services (Truthfinder) to anyone because it was a helpful resource and Tadi was so friendly and professional and I like the fact she offered to downgrade me before just saying yes or no. She really is an exemplary representative and I thank you kindly for refunding my unused account. Thanks again and in the future I know where to go if I need some info! Best!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I tried Truthfinder because I’d seen some reviews that said they had an inexpensive low cost trial option. I went thru the signup option, kept waiting for a screen to tell me of trial offer or at least what monthly charge would be. I went through PayPal since usually Paypal tells you what charge you are putting on your CC, but I never got a screen telling how much I had been charged. Found out after looking at account that my charge was $27 for first month and that telephone info was an additional charge. Tried to cancel online but cancellation process just put me in a loop that never gave me option to cancel. Long story short, called a customer service rep and was able to get charged reversed even though that is not policy to do so. Was given an all access option at half the going rate so I’ll try it for a month to see how it goes. This background check industry seems to be a big racket but at least this companies CSR tried to make it right.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Mary. This woman was able to use her bank to take money from my PayPal account. I was interested whether she had a criminal record. I was wishing that would show up at the beginning of the report. Also, the report did not show any type of problems with credit. She is a very rich woman living in Southern California and knows how to take money out of other people's accounts. It looks like you don't do anything with credit reports. So TruthFinder seems limited as to that area..

However, your history of her moves is interesting. One fact that really opened up my eyes is that she pays $5,000.00 a month on her mortgage. It did help me to know that she is rich. Now PayPal is working with her taking money out of my account through her credit cards that she used in initially paying me but then took the money out through her bank. PayPal found that my charges for editing for her were very creditable. So knowing through your report of her financial situation did really help.

Truthfinder response
That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly over the phone.
Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Not all was accurate. My name don't have a letter A in my middle name it's **. I know 2 people who was arrested for robbery and both have no records on here. Can be dangerous for dating sites. Notice am being secretly charged. Some are accurate with 20 year old phone numbers. Not all phone numbers show up.

Truthfinder response

Hi Ronald,

We’re sorry to hear you found some inaccuracies in your report. We do not own the public record databases — we simply compile public data. Sometimes, due to circumstances beyond our control, the information in your report may be incomplete or inaccurate. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Excellent customer service. Representative answered my question, was respectful & understanding regarding my account status. I had some medical issues and at this time I could not keep my account open. Offered some solutions, which I really appreciated, but informed him I could not keep up with the payments at this time. I will definitely use your service again when my financial situation is again stable. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

Quick and easy peasy to look people up. Found all, but one person on here, but I probably pulled at least 30 people's background reports! Excellent customer service and didn't have to wait on hold to reach someone! Thank you for being easy!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

A thorough service to facilitate reconnecting with friends & family. The staff is accessible on-line or by telephone to assist in navigating the searches on the site's useful and intuitive program. The personal data revealed is available publically and thus is neither intrusive nor improper in nature.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Your information and presentation information is very useful and interesting. Unfortunately I was looking for some very specific information which I realize now would not be included in one of your general searches. Not to worry. What you could provide me will be very useful too. Best wishes with your product and every continuing success.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Locating niece. I was hoping for more current information. Your representative was very helpful, but what I was looking for was more current information. Please discontinue my account. I will register if there is another need. Thanks for reporting accurate information of her past history.

Truthfinder expert review by Ben Mannes

Truthfinder is an online public record search service. Use it to find information about neighbors, sex offenders, friends, online buyers and sellers and more. Price depends on which membership package you choose but the Truthfinder website says you can get unlimited background check reports for less than $20 per month.

• People search: Truthfinder lets you search public records for free. This free service lets you find peoples name, location, phone number, current and previous addresses, occupation and more. People search integrates with your voice activated device like Siri and Echo. For example, you can tell Siri, “Truthfinder John Smith” and it will automatically look up the spoken name.

• Criminal records: Use Truthfinder to look up criminal records such as felony offenses, misdemeanors traffic court records, sex offenders and more. The most common crimes Truthfinder looks up include property crime, larceny, burglary and violent crimes.

• Reverse phone search: Truthfinder lets you input a persons phone number to get personal information such as social media accounts and location. Once you input the phone number, Truthfinder gathers a report that can be emailed to you once you put in your name and email address.

• Pricing: Truthfinder offers a one-month membership for less than $30 per month. This lets you run unlimited standard background reports. A three-month subscription breaks down to about $26 per month. Truthfinder also has a plan that lets you look up an unlimited number of phone numbers for $2 per month. You can pay using a credit card or PayPal.

• Best for: consumers wanting to look up information about friends, family members, neighbors and buyers and sellers.

Profile picture of Ben Mannes
Ben Mannes Home and Personal Security Expert

Ben Mannes is a noted subject matter expert in public safety, exam integrity and investigations. He began his work in public safety in 1994 and has a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership and a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from California Coast University. He is both a Certified Exam Security Professional and Certified Protection Professional.

Truthfinder Company Information