It's that easy Request Information
3.72/5
Based on 92 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Truthfinder allows you to uncover tons of information on anyone within the United States. You can also check up on old friends, investigate online date information, reconnect with family members, and even check yourself.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

96 Truthfinder Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

I depend on Truthfinder to provide me with information on both friend and foe. When people threaten me or perform negative acts against me, Truthfinder keeps me updated with what I need to know to protect myself. I am no paranoid but I am cautious because I happen to have been exposed to some people that can be classified as criminals.

Hi Stanley,

We're happy that our service helps you find the information you are looking for. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 15, 2018

The reports are outstanding. If there's one thing I would add is association to the primary person. i.e. siblings, parents, friends, etc. Also, if possible, in some instance the relationship between the relatives. The source of information is listed; that's a good thing. Thanks.

Hi Rhonda,

We appreciate your feedback! Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive review. We're glad to hear you are happy with our reports.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had been searching for an old friend for a long time using Google search and Facebook but hadn't used Truthfinder to locate her until today and I was able to locate her within minutes of my search. Thank you Truthfinder for helping me locate her and making it so easy to find her.

Hi Britt,

That's great news! We're so happy to hear our service was able to help you locate an old friend of yours. Thank you for sharing your positive experience with TruthFinder.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Information I found was not up to date and relationships were missing. Just frustrating because I needed those updates. On another search, it did not give the dates of marriages and divorces, which I needed for personal information to fill out.

Hi Barbara,

We're sorry to hear we were unable to provide you with all of the information you were searching for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but occasionally some data just isn’t available to us. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: July 12, 2018

Very good way to find out what information is available for others to see at any time. Also a good way to correct any wrong information on yourself, family members, and remove people that do not in your report and their association. Also can find and track sex offenders near your location.

Hi Sydney,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team can be reached at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: July 11, 2018

Wanted to locate an old high school teacher. The search reporting made it very easy to do so. I wasn't sure if he was still alive even, but the search results provided me with all the information that I desired. I've used this service before and DO appreciate its thoroughness!!!

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating! We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, you can reach our US-based member care team at (800) 699-8081.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The first time you use Truthfinder, it asks you a whole bunch of questions about the person you're trying to find, and it takes about 15 minutes, like it's going through a million databases. When you finally do get the report, it's pretty underwhelming. The information it does pull up is the same stuff I could just find myself. For instance, it doesn't include immigration information about how a certain individual got into the country or where they were born, or any educational information.

A few things were grossly wrong - it said he worked for a doctor in Illinois when he never lived anywhere but Florida. In other searches, it failed to pick up Facebook accounts that people had opened in their own names. It seemed to provide a lot of extraneous information. I really don't care about everybody the subject of my search has ever rubbed elbows with, or whether there were sex offenders living near his or her address in 1995. Honestly, I think it IS kind of a scam.

Hi Carole,

We're very sorry to hear you found some inaccuracies in our reports. We do not own the public record databases — we simply compile public data. Sometimes, due to circumstances beyond our control, the information in our reports may be incomplete or inaccurate. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: July 9, 2018

I wanted to double check my own information to make sure it was correct. Most of it was, but some was not and I couldn't delete it. Otherwise, it was very informative and interesting. I would definitely recommend this program.

Hi Renee,

Thank you for the positive feedback! We're glad that you found your report to be informative and interesting. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team can be reached at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: July 8, 2018

Easy to use, very satisfying. The only thing is there is a lot of Weeding to do. By weeding I mean looking up person's last seen thirty years or so ago, all I had to go on is the timeline at that time. But information needed was mostly there.

Hi William,

Original review: July 7, 2018

Tried this out to see if my own information was correct, sure enough it was accurate. There were a lot of people associated with my address and know possible relatives. A lot of them connected to the address I had lived or previously lived. There are several people with my name and I did have an issue a few years back with my identity taken so I monitor my credit report and look myself up often. With so many hackers out there and misspellings of my name I thought I would find inaccurate information, but no.

I recalled all addresses or addresses that were linked to people I had lived with. The user interface on a cell phone was a bit rough but all in all I say it was a good adventure. I have canceled my membership and was sent the confirmation email so I await my credit card statement. If you are vigilant with memberships, you should cancel right away. My 7 day trial was pitched and canceled all in the same day. I will update in a week or two but so far I am satisfied.

Hi Leti,

We're so happy to hear you were satisfied with the information found in your report! Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly at (800) 699-8081.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I subscribed and unsubscribe within a couple of hours, would have been sooner if it wouldn't have taken me so long to find out how to unsubscribe. This service is very misleading and the advertising is deceiving. The information I was looking for was not there. So I done a search for someone with multiple, known arrest and criminal history. And nothing showed up with Truthfinder. I found more using Google than on here. I spoke to a customer service rep. and told him how unsatisfied I was, and wanted to cancel the subscription. Told him how misleading the advertising was. Never offered a refund or even partial refund. I would not recommend this service to anyone. If you can search Google, you can find just as much, and more than you can on Truthfinder.

Hi Matt,

We apologize for your frustrating experience with TruthFinder. We work really hard to make our reports as thorough as possible, but some states and counties do not release their records to the public which sometimes impacts the quality of our data. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

Resolution response: July 13, 2018

I appreciate TruthFinder's prompt response to my concern. I had not realized my rating would be "public"; rather, I expected it to be a private message to the company. Nonetheless, my concern was addressed, and I assured the company representative that I had indeed found TF's information very helpful. I continue to use it regularly, in conjunction with other informational databases specific to our needs. I am extremely impressed with TF's connection with me as a user of their services.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Somewhat useful. Unfortunately, in many cases the information I have from my own research (e.g. Charity Tracker) is more detailed and more up-to-date than that on TruthFinder. It causes me to question how frequently your data is reviewed and updated.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for you honest feedback. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but occasionally some data just isn’t available to us or may not be 100% accurate. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: July 3, 2018

This service is very straightforward and easy to use - no complicated questions, and the results are really complete. It is also helpful to be able to filter out items I find are irrelevant before I produce a final report.

Original review: July 2, 2018

It was easy to get set up with your programming, including which payment plan and other data. Once on board the program it is very easy to use. Type in the name, city, or a phone number and there you go. In about 30 seconds you'll know more about that individual than most of their long time friends.

Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We're so happy to hear you found our site easy to use. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, you can reach our US-based member care team at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: July 1, 2018

Best internet information finder I have ever used on the internet. Very comprehensive and accurate. I would not hesitate to recommend. It should be utilized for anyone you are getting involved with personally or business. Great.

Hi Val,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 29, 2018

Found a sister in law who had moved away and remarried many years ago. Thank you for providing the info needed to discover my wife's sister. I would recommend the service to anyone who is in need of research for family or friends that have been out of touch for a while.

Hi Gregory,

That's great news! We're so happy to hear our service was able to help you find your sister-in-law. Thank you for the positive review and high rating!

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 28, 2018

Is more accurate and informative than any other background checking site. More comfortable on who I let daughter date now. I even appreciate checking myself and having opportunity to let the site know what is accurate. Plus now I think someone may be using my info in Texas somewhere. 2 for 1 kinda thing.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're glad to hear our service is helping you find the information you are looking for. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, you can reach our US-based member care team at (800) 699-8081.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2018

Tried to find several persons and had very little luck: information missing. A lot of persons was not listed: mainly ladies that has married: no information for and most phone numbers were outdated. I looked up at least twenty or more person and they would not come up, even with the city and state listed.

Hi Wayne,

We apologize you were unable to find the information you were looking for. We do not own the public record databases — we simply compile public data. Sometimes, due to circumstances beyond our control, the information in your report may be incomplete or out-of-date. We will reach out to you privately to work out a resolution.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 25, 2018

Still the best bang for the buck for data aggregators! I believe you guys are not tagging all public records sources that are readily available, as I have tried a few other service and found some helpful information there that your service did not provide. Your added feature of "Dark Web" monitoring is nice. I believe some tweaks to your "mining" algorithms is warranted. Otherwise, I continue to use your services. Good stuff, keep improving.

Hi David,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are always looking to make improvements to our site, so we really appreciate your feedback!

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 23, 2018

I had no idea about some information from long ago and some recent results. I think I pushed most of it out of my head and made an effort to not go back and think about things. I was pretty content since leaving the service but a jarring reality sometimes comes and kicks you in the butt.

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, our US-based member care team can be reached at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 22, 2018

The first person I wanted was listed at the top, even though the person had a common last name. All the information I needed such as age, address were available and more. I have told many people about this website!

Hi Marilyn,

That's great news! We're so glad to hear that our service is helping you find the information you need. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with your search, our US-based member care team can be reached directly at (800) 699-8081.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 21, 2018

Thought I could use this in my work but when I checked myself and my family, I found it to be so inaccurate as to be completely useless. Sure there are nuggets of truth but they are all mixed up with wrong information so it is impossible to know what it's what. Don't waste your money.

Hi Alina,

Thank you for your feedback. We do not own the public record databases — we simply compile public data. Sometimes, due to circumstances beyond our control, the information in your report may be incomplete or inaccurate. You are also reminded to review our Terms of Use. Specifically, TruthFinder cannot be used for business purposes. Please contact us at 1-800-699-8081 or email us at help@truthfinder.com if you have any questions about the use of TruthFinder.

Original review: June 20, 2018

The information you provide on people has helped me reconnect to lost contact I had with friends and loved ones from over 10 or more years ago!! Being able to find jr. high school and high school friends. Also some teachers too!! Even an old sweetheart. MANY THANKS!!

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review! We're so happy to hear our service has helped you to reconnect with friends and family. We sincerely appreciate the positive feedback.

Original review: June 20, 2018

It has been a great tool to use. It is very simple to use and obtain the information I have needed. Being able to download the information and go back and review it whenever I need to is so helpful. I've found friends that I have not seen or heard from in years and reconnect with them. I'm going to look from my brother next. Also, the monitoring for the dark web is a great thing to have. Thank you Truthfinder.

Hi Yvonne,

Thank you for the positive review and high rating! We're so glad you find our service easy to use, and we're really happy to hear we were able to help you reconnect with your friends. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 18, 2018

Have been able to find most people except my lost Uncle. I did find him on other background websites. I am disappointed. Also finding it difficult to find some other people. It would be helpful if asked for their middle initial, if known.

Hi Lucille,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We apologize we were unable to locate your uncle's report. We do have the ability to search using the middle initial. If the initial search doesn't come up with the result you were looking for, you can refine your search results by including middle initial and age. If you need help with your searches, please reach out to us and we are happy to help! You can reach us at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 17, 2018

I was very pleasantly surprised that when I put someone's name in how fast the results came in… and how accurate and complete the results were! I was actually able to find someone that I had looked for many times in the past with several other services and nothing came up… but with TruthFinder his name came up right away, along with everything which had happened with him through the years! A really great searching service… Everyone is there and so very fast!

Hi Cassina,

This is so great to hear! We're so happy you were able to find the person you were looking for using our service. Thank you so much for the positive review and high rating!

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have found all the people and their business connections in the field of buying houses and fixing them up to sell them in the San Pedro Wilmington area. It has been very helpful in finding cash buyers and 'fix and flip' sellers. Highly recommend Truthfinder.

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your positive review and high rating. We really appreciate your feedback, and we’re so happy to hear that our service helped you find what you were looking for. If you ever have a question, or need help with our website, you can reach our US-based member care team at (800) 699-8081.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I found everybody that I looked up... It started with one person and ended up finding a lot of old friends... and a lot of long lost family members. This has been a trip down memory lane with a happy ending! Almost all of my searches ended with some kind of contact information... Thank you Truthfinder!

Hi Gar,

We're glad to hear you were able to use our service to locate old friends and long lost family members! Thank you so much for your positive review and high rating. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback.

Original review: June 15, 2018

....2 things to discuss... 1. Not too concerned but have to admit it feels kind of creepy. Looked up address and sure enough it has a last seen around a particular address. Hmm, please tell me how do you typically "Spot" a person, and ID the person. Questions or web cam, asking the neighbors, or on foot with Truthfinder badges LOL. I'm really curious, and am a subscriber. Thank you for your time if you answer. Question #1.

Question #2 transgenders that fully transitioned to another sex.... And had their birth certificate amended to their new sex. I see how you have handled my sibling... Well let's say my sibling was trapped into a delusion that they have had all the legal work set and had spent hundred of thousands on cosmetic surgery... And yes this in fact happened and then someone like me does a search and then sees their new identity blown which can cause harassment at their 6 figure job, relationship/sexual disclosers at the wrong time to their new partner. And even nieces and nephews that are too young to explain the facts to. NOT to mention their children.

Actually, you have compromised a lot for this person, and unfortunately the only other method of someone finding out would be word of mouth, much less likely to cause an issue. Had they of been told prior to sex reassignment surgery and years of therapy, and total body shaping procedures, that companies like Truthfinder would be blowing their whole identity to everyone because your company will list them as a male and as a female, and the whole world can know when they wished for strict privacy. HMMM. Please also give me your best answer from a higher up on this one if that is possible. I am a nurse and in Illinois we have strict HIPAA Laws to protect privacy of this sensitive information.

Hi Autumn,

Thank you for reaching out. In regards to your first question about how we get the last seen date, our data providers provide their best guess based on an aggregation of various data points.

As for your second concern, the information contained in TruthFinder reports are records from local, state, federal, and independent sources that are publicly available to anyone. As a courtesy, we provide the option for anyone to opt out of TruthFinder. Once you have opted out, your background report will no longer appear on the TruthFinder site. Your background report will be removed from our databases and our website, but as we did not create these records, they will still be available, albeit from different sources. If your sibling is interested in opting out of our site, they can do so at www.truthfinder.com/optout/.

Thank you again for your feedback, and please feel free to contact us at any time if you have additional questions or comments. You can reach us at (800) 699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have found everything I was looking for in a matter of minutes. The information was accurate and up to date. I would recommend this site to people looking for lost friends or the background of a potential date. Truthfinder does all the work for you.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you so much for your positive review and high rating! We're so happy to hear you were able to find everything you were looking for using our site. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Truthfinder expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Truthfinder is an online public record search service. Use it to find information about neighbors, sex offenders, friends, online buyers and sellers and more. Price depends on which membership package you choose but the Truthfinder website says you can get unlimited background check reports for less than $20 per month.

• People search: Truthfinder lets you search public records for free. This free service lets you find peoples name, location, phone number, current and previous addresses, occupation and more. People search integrates with your voice activated device like Siri and Echo. For example, you can tell Siri, “Truthfinder John Smith” and it will automatically look up the spoken name.

• Criminal records: Use Truthfinder to look up criminal records such as felony offenses, misdemeanors traffic court records, sex offenders and more. The most common crimes Truthfinder looks up include property crime, larceny, burglary and violent crimes.

• Reverse phone search: Truthfinder lets you input a persons phone number to get personal information such as social media accounts and location. Once you input the phone number, Truthfinder gathers a report that can be emailed to you once you put in your name and email address.

• Pricing: Truthfinder offers a one-month membership for less than $30 per month. This lets you run unlimited standard background reports. A three-month subscription breaks down to about $26 per month. Truthfinder also has a plan that lets you look up an unlimited number of phone numbers for $2 per month. You can pay using a credit card or PayPal.

• Best for: consumers wanting to look up information about friends, family members, neighbors and buyers and sellers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs