Get Pricing

2. Background Check Companies

4.4/5 (274 ratings)

About TruthFinder

Truthfinder allows you to uncover tons of information on anyone within the United States. You can also check up on old friends, investigate online date information, reconnect with family members, and even check yourself.

Pros

• Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports

Cons

• Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Bottom Line

TruthFinder customers pay a fee to receive detailed reports with a person’s contact information, social media profiles, education, jobs, possible associates and more.

Top TruthFinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Verified

Truthfinder was very helpful in solving questions about a few persons of interest that I have been dealing with for a long time. I find Truth Finder to be very accurate in their d...

Verified

This is a great way to find old school friends that you lose contact with. Truthfinder is user friendly and a quick way to locate anyone. Would use this again. I would recommend t...

ConsumerAffairs operates independent of TruthFinder and does not offer background check services. Per the TruthFinder terms, you may not use this service or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require Federal Credit Reporting Act compliance. TruthFinder does not provide consumer reports and is not a consumer reporting agency.

What is TruthFinder?

TruthFinder is a search tool and background check service that lets you find nearly anyone in the U.S. by name, address, phone number or email address.

You can use the service to reconnect with family and friends or to view a person’s criminal history. You can also run a report on yourself if you want to see what information is available about you online. You cannot use the platform to screen employees, domestic workers, tenants or people who provide professional services, including tutors or doctors.

TruthFinder searches millions of public records and social network data across the United States and compiles all the information into one report. The report includes items like:

• Birth and death records
  • Possible relatives
  • Possible associates, friends, roommates or former romantic partners
  • Detailed location information (current and former addresses)
  • Contact information
  • Education and jobs
  • Social media profiles and dating profiles
  • Assets, including owned properties and driven vehicles
  • Criminal history, arrest reports and traffic records

Pulling a report on TruthFinder is anonymous, so no one will be notified when you perform a search or request a report for a particular person. The company has a free mobile app available in the Apple App Store or Google Play so you can make searches on the go.

TruthFinder cost

Requesting and receiving reports on TruthFinder requires a membership.

A one-month plan with TruthFinder costs around $28 per month. This fee lets users request unlimited standard background checks. Members can save money by purchasing a two-month plan for $46. TruthFinder does not allow customers to pay for a single report, and you must call the company’s member care department to cancel your membership.

TruthFinder FAQ

Is TruthFinder free?
No, currently there isn’t a free version or free trial of TruthFinder. Most reputable background check services are not free.
How far does TruthFinder go back?
Results vary by person, but some reports go as far back as 15 years.
Can you do a background check with a phone number?
Yes. Through the company’s reverse phone lookup feature, you can search a phone number and receive relevant background information, including name, social media profiles, possible email addresses and locations.
Is TruthFinder accurate?
Yes. The more information you can provide, though, the more accurate your results are likely to be.
How do I cancel my TruthFinder account?
To terminate service, users must call the TruthFinder member care department.

Is TruthFinder legitimate?

TruthFinder is a great tool for connecting long-lost family members or friends, but the company charges a monthly fee and requires you to call the member care department to cancel. As long as the product isn’t used for malicious purposes, it’s a helpful resource that lets you find family, friends or former colleagues. We recommend TruthFinder for its extensive reports, accuracy and affordable pricing.

TruthFinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruthFinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: April 27, 2021

I haven't even read the first report and already I'm thrilled! Hi there, I just signed up for the 2 month deal & before I pushed the button I decided I'm going to do one month at a time so I go back and all of a sudden I see the only option I had when I went back was to do the $7 trial plus a higher amount monthly charge now and then I noticed there's a $399 downloadable fee 399 + 31 cents and I thought that was per report so I decided to just stop Dee and call.

So I called your customer service and I got a young gentleman named Joey and he was very helpful. Wanted to you know just go through the process and I told him and he fixed it and he says, "Well yeah. It is a little bit less when you first do it. How about if we do it for $16.95. I said what that'd be fantastic. So he made it $16.95 and I'd be paying the trial and the downloadable feature that you have was for all reports just one time fee of $399 plus $0.31 tax and I thought that was great. That was fabulous so I am leaving a great review for Joey and for Truthfinder overall because I I just think that's so nice to just refreshing to have a little discount once in awhile instead of always getting gouged. I appreciate it and I'm think I'm going to enjoy it a lot. Thank you. Dolores C.

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

I found the page helpful. Due to health issues, I don’t have the time to use it like I thought I could. When it came time to cancel, because I’m on a tight budget being disabled, I decided to call and my experience was more pleasant than I ever could have hoped for. “Shalease” was the agent who helped me. She listened when I spoke, she was genuine, caring and most importantly, she was courteous with her knowledge. She didn’t sound the least bit condescending. (Many customer service reps tend to talk down to their customers when they are extremely knowledgeable in their department.) I was so thankful for her pleasant demeanor and her kind-heartedness was the cherry on top of my customer service experience cake. (A lot of the friendly agents out there sound as though they’re fake and trying too hard. It’s obvious and makes the conversation highly uncomfortable when this happens.)

She has a caring, understanding and comforting disposition. That very characteristic about her made my experience so very wonderful. Her professional, yet still relatable demeanor combined with a very efficient execution of performing the tasks I requested her to do made what could have been a highly uncomfortable telephone conversation turn out to be a pleasant experience. I hung up the phone feeling both relieved as well as elated. Thank you for the wonderful service today. You should get a raise! (In case you get to see these reviews, which I hope you do, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID!)

Original review: July 31, 2020

I used your service to get a background check on my brother, who had taken legal action against me relative to our father's care and estate. The information provided in your report confirmed details of his very negative credit history with bankruptcies and fraudulent tax reporting, including non-payment of both federal and state income taxes in two states. When confronted with this history, he dropped the charges against me. I was very grateful for your help!! Today, I called because I received an additional charge when the service automatically renewed. I was very upset at the time I used it and didn't realize I was signing up for a membership. When I called to explain, the service representative was understanding and helpful and not only cancelled my members. Again, I am very grateful!!!!

Original review: June 29, 2020

Your representative was excellent, she was able to identify my problem of continued billing due to my having two email addresses one a Google account and one an Apple and she was able to quickly identify that the service had been canceled on the Gmail account but it was still active on the Apple account which I was unaware of. She took the initiative of canceling that for me and issuing a refund and she was so highly competent and is a plus great representative of your company. Thank you very much. Please make sure she gets a commendation and I would recommend a raise or promotion and a vacation, however I’m quite certain the last three are beyond our mutual capabilities. Thanks again. Great job of customer service. Andrew

Original review: June 15, 2020

I canceled this service because I no longer needed it. My wife had dementia and would sometimes get online to order something or get trapped in a scam. She had a big heart and I had to be sure she was not harmed nor our limited finances. After I checked on what she did, I would run a background check, previously by another company, but found TruthFinder dug a little deeper. One way or the other, not going into details here, I would cancel what she had done and the next day she would remember nothing and we would set the next round of events. She just recently died and I am now continuing to clean up. With her gone, I no longer need this type of service. She was my little red Ferrari racing down the highway of life and I was the 18 Wheeler closing her back door. I still have a few doors to close. Thank you for the service and many thanks to the agent who handled this call.

Original review: April 30, 2021

The service is easy to use. I needed one-time information which was provided quickly. I called to cancel my membership and found customer service to be a positive experience and my membership was canceled with no problems. The wait time for an agent to answer the phone was less than 5 minutes.

Original review: April 30, 2021

This telephone customer service rep was amazing. She had to perform several projects to get me back on line with TruthFinder. Her patience and attitude were spectacular. If all the reps are as good as this one, you are very lucky.

Jo **

Original review: April 27, 2021

My representative was great! He spoke with such kindness and respect, even with all the searches I asked him to do over the phone. The information he provided was very informative for my decision making to invest in and or with particular individuals. The service that this company and representative is a gold standard. Thank you again for your help!

Original review: April 27, 2021

I couldn’t have asked for a nicer more professional support staff experience! She patiently listened to my difficulties changing the billing source for my account. I’d attempted to change credit card on my account 5 times before calling! All went smoothly after I received such great help, and I now am using more benefits from Truthfinder! Thank you again for all the help!

Original review: April 26, 2021

Needed to cancel my subscription. The account representation (Jesse) I spoke to was professional, friendly and helpful. Something you DON'T find too often these days. He completed my request in less than 3 minutes and I received a confirmation email within a couple more minutes. That's the type of Organization I trust. Thanks Jesse.

TruthFinder Company Information