3.59/5
  • 1 star
Based on 17 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need a background check company?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 25, 2017

17 Truthfinder Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I liked that they made the site very easy to use and to navigate through. I was in a time crunch and needed to get the most accurate background check that I could and the site helps for people who don't know how to get around computers too well. My overall experience was great.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I found the person in question quickly and the info very detailed. Most of what I wanted to find out was there. After a few attempts at establishing the correct subject the biographical info was most forthcoming and very easy to get. The story was detailed and highly concise as to the subject's past life. There was nothing that was missing except maybe the info regarding past addresses. However after establishing the current address it became easier to track the subject’s life more precisely. I would recommend that more detail about the subject's past life experience be included. This is most important. The cost for this service is well worth it if you are seriously trying to get the background info into the subject’s life experiences and establish an understanding of this person. Highly recommended.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

In one place you can find a lot a lot of useful information about a person that would have taken you a very long time to try to put together yourself. The website was user-friendly and speedy. You got your data back quickly, where some other sites wanted you to wait for days. A premium report option is available if you want to be very thorough. It was impressive when you first logged in to see that Truthfinder has been recommended by CNET and Huffington Post. The site is easy to use in desktop or mobile mode. You don't need a lot of training and instructions to get started. The site is also very intuitive and you can jump right in and get the information you need. Our company successfully used the site to assist some employees who knew they had records but didn't know specific details in order to complete paperwork for a government contract. This site helped us find out what we needed to know quickly and easily.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Truthfinder finds with more facility and of more exact form to the people, taking into account that it is a little private and does not require personal data. It is very easy to get information and is very accurate compared to other pages, apparently because it is a platform well known and very helpful, I found it excellent. Everything went well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

This site combines millions of different information from public records and creates a report. You can search for people and get real information on them by doing a background check. You can try this site for $1.00 then you can pay by the month or every few months. It's affordable and easy to use. But I would make the trial completely free for the first 5 days, or even the first search for free. This site should be more transparent about the charges because spending a lot of time on a website and then being asked for more money is frustrating. This site should not use the word free at all because people get mad when they find out that it is not free.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I was looking up family information and this site was Falsely advertising as a free service by them and others online. It was also very slow service that I couldn't bypass and it spammed my email multiple times a day the weeks after attempting to use their services as well. And I was never able to finish the check because it popped up with a charge in the last steps after the fact of waiting around for hours. Don't waste your time with any of these service sites.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I found the Truthfinder website easy to use and understand. I really like the way the website is set up. Maybe make it more personalized to each individual and what their needs are for the website. But the overall look of the website was appealing and not overwhelming. I was able to efficiently perform the tasks I needed to. The information I received was correct, helpful and very useful as well. It was easy to find all the information I needed and I was able to find everything quickly without any problems.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Truthfinder is easy to navigate and many tools make it easy to narrow down all possible relevant matches to the person you're searching for. The colors chosen for the text are easy to read. But you don't get all the information you think you'll get when you sign on and it costs more. Therefore I would look at other services. Some may reveal more information than this one. Also the "good" information costs extra to view. This seems like a ripoff when you've already paid to use the site. If the signup fee isn't all you pay for it's not made clear. But it has been a bit since I've logged on so hopefully this has changed.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I can find out my background as well as others. It is a convenient tool to have when I need to check a background on a person I just met. And I like to check my background just to make sure it shows up correctly. Although sometimes it gets complicated to use and I don't like how much it cost to use. It could be a little bit cheaper and I wish it had a free trial. I could find most of the information I was looking for but not all but that could be because I don't fully understand how to use the site. But overall I like it.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Irritating yet complete. It finally did give results. It was easy to follow the direction step by step and easy to fill out the information they requested. I was also somewhat surprised by the detailed information they gave about the first and I was looking for his family members or contacts. Made you pay so you finally got the answers. Rigs you and by giving you a taste of what they offer until you're so curious as to what they found out that you end up paying. I wish they would have just been straight up and told me how much it was going to cost and I would have gladly paid instead of being irritated and having to wait till the end of their teasing. But you need to be sure that it will give you the information about while you're looking for that person.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

This site is definitely one of the best sites I've seen. It's very useful and it helped me find what I was looking for within minutes. It was fast and secure. It gave me address, phone numbers, relatives criminal information and a whole lot more. It also answered a lot of questions and things I was wondering about. It was better than a few other sites I have been on. I will definitely be using this site again and and would recommend this site to anyone. In fact, I have recommended them to a few people I know who were looking for answers about loved ones or friends or other people they actually wanted some information about

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ran background checks on personal, criminal, personal media, family members, private. Wanted to be assured that my search would remain private, that individual a relative would not know that I had searched. This was a Family member I lost contact with and had hopes of reuniting with. However, I would prefer to pay a one time search fee only. When I thought I had purchased a one time fee only apparently I had assumed the responsibility for an automatic renewal which I did not want as I could only afford a one time fee only. Overall a quick access to info needed and I could watch as various areas were ran.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I like the packages and plans that come with the upgrade deals, with lots of customizable options to search unlimited times in a Prepaid block of time. I also really like the feature which allows you to save your previous reports in an archive that makes updating reports very organized and easy to sift through. But prices are a little too much for package deals, relative to the market for this exact product - Truthfinder asks for slightly more than the competing sites popping up every day. This prevents me from long term commitment to the site/brand.

I also find the way they hook people by claiming to have loads of data, specific to the user search and they hold the info hostage until you pay. Then you find a disappointingly low amount of actual useful information, at least half of the time. They dangle reports in front of the user as a tempting treat, but they often are withholding the fact that nothing is in the report. Truthfinder is as good as any of the sites, but it is a mediocre result when you already are a paying member. I like to know I am getting a good value for my money. I am not made to feel loyalty due to the competitive market for this type of background check.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

The site was helpful and didn't take long after I've already paid. Detailed answers were provided and it gave me extra information I didn't really need to have. Also the design or layout of the site was easy to navigate and appealing. However, they should offer a certain number of searches for the price instead of on a monthly basis since most people do not search a lot all at once. Quite expensive to use just once. I don't use background checks that often so to pay for a membership on a monthly basis makes no sense for me. They also did take quite a while acting as if it took so long to attain the information where other sites pull it right up without having to wait. They also need to show more information to ensure that you're selecting the correct person that you're searching for.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The Truthfinder website is very easy, so it's available for just about anyone to use. With my past experience, I have been able to find the information I was looking for, a quick and easy process without having to search aimlessly. It has super reasonable prices for the info you are able to obtain too. But I would change the prices because, even though the prices now are reasonable, everyone likes saving money and wouldn't hesitate to dropping prices. Other than that I would recommend Truthfinder. The site was made super simple so anyone can do it from the comfort of their own home. All you need to do is simply fill out the little bit of info they ask for.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

The best thing about this site was that it was simple to use and it didn't have any hidden information or extra things that you needed. I didn't have any major issues but just a little bit of bumps on the road. I liked the website and it was better than a few others I tried. It got the job done but there were a few things that could be better. It could have had less pages and not as many pop ups. If I were to tell my friends about this website there would be a few good things and a few bad things. It was easy but not the best.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

It has everything available as far as traffic incidents and criminal charges. It gives you information on family that is associated with the individual as well but it is slow and sometimes takes a while to find what you need. Another issue I noticed was that it sometimes shows the same person on the list in a few different areas so I wondered if one has different information than the other even though they are the Same individual.

Truthfinder Company Information