4.4/5 (154 ratings)

About TruthFinder

TruthFinder People Search provides millions of Americans with easy-to-read background reports, public records, contact information and more. TruthFinder reports include data sourced from county, state and federal databases. Truthfinder accesses multiple public records stored on the internet and presents them to the user in one simple report. You can use TruthFinder to check up on old friends, investigate an online date’s information, reconnect with family members and even to check yourself.

Pros

• Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports

Cons

• Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Bottom Line

TruthFinder customers pay a fee to receive detailed reports with a person’s contact information, social media profiles, education, jobs, possible associates and more.

Top TruthFinder Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Verified

Truthfinder was very helpful in solving questions about a few persons of interest that I have been dealing with for a long time. I find Truth Finder to be very accurate in their d...

Verified

This is a great way to find old school friends that you lose contact with. Truthfinder is user friendly and a quick way to locate anyone. Would use this again. I would recommend t...

ConsumerAffairs operates independent of TruthFinder and does not offer background check services. Per the TruthFinder terms, you may not use this service or the information it provides to make decisions about consumer credit, employment, insurance, tenant screening, or any other purpose that would require Federal Credit Reporting Act compliance. TruthFinder does not provide consumer reports and is not a consumer reporting agency.

What is TruthFinder?

TruthFinder is a search tool and background check service that lets you find nearly anyone in the U.S. by name, address, phone number or email address.

You can use the service to reconnect with family and friends or to view a person’s criminal history. You can also run a report on yourself if you want to see what information is available about you online. You cannot use the platform to screen employees, domestic workers, tenants or people who provide professional services, including tutors or doctors.

TruthFinder searches millions of public records and social network data across the United States and compiles all the information into one report. The report includes items like:

• Birth and death records
  • Possible relatives
  • Possible associates, friends, roommates or former romantic partners
  • Detailed location information (current and former addresses)
  • Contact information
  • Education and jobs
  • Social media profiles and dating profiles
  • Assets, including owned properties and driven vehicles
  • Criminal history, arrest reports and traffic records

Pulling a report on TruthFinder is anonymous, so no one will be notified when you perform a search or request a report for a particular person. The company has a free mobile app available in the Apple App Store or Google Play so you can make searches on the go.

TruthFinder cost

Requesting and receiving reports on TruthFinder requires a membership.

A one-month plan with TruthFinder costs around $28 per month. This fee lets users request unlimited standard background checks. Members can save money by purchasing a two-month plan for $46. TruthFinder does not allow customers to pay for a single report, and you must call the company’s member care department to cancel your membership.

TruthFinder FAQ

Is TruthFinder free?
No, currently there isn’t a free version or free trial of TruthFinder. Most reputable background check services are not free.
How far does TruthFinder go back?
Results vary by person, but some reports go as far back as 15 years.
Can you do a background check with a phone number?
Yes. Through the company’s reverse phone lookup feature, you can search a phone number and receive relevant background information, including name, social media profiles, possible email addresses and locations.
Is TruthFinder accurate?
Yes. The more information you can provide, though, the more accurate your results are likely to be.
How do I cancel my TruthFinder account?
To terminate service, users must call the TruthFinder member care department.

Is TruthFinder legitimate?

TruthFinder is a great tool for connecting long-lost family members or friends, but the company charges a monthly fee and requires you to call the member care department to cancel. As long as the product isn’t used for malicious purposes, it’s a helpful resource that lets you find family, friends or former colleagues. We recommend TruthFinder for its extensive reports, accuracy and affordable pricing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruthFinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

As I am not a very proficient computer user (age 74) I found it somewhat hard to get started when I went to log in. I had used a computer at work to sign up but then used my laptop at home to review my report. That started my problems to the point that I had to call your service center and have Kyle walk me through the steps to get active. Once in, I found it relatively easy to go through the steps to find the various areas of interest. They were quite thorough and provided the info I was looking for. It was the person I wanted to find. SUCCESS!!

Get buying tips about Background Check Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

The experience was wonderful. I’m always afraid of getting scammed and I hate paying for things I’m tricked into paying but they are so CLEAR and very accurate as far as what you will pay depending on the subscription. The information was so helpful for me especially with a small child, there’s many concerns living around my area and now I know who to look out for and that’s beautiful. Unfortunately I did have to terminate my subscription due to someone stealing money from me and it was a cake walk to end it. No guilt tripping, no bribery, the young man I spoke with was beyond apologetic and so kind I was truly so blessed. If one more person would have been mean to me today, I would’ve lost it but he showed me nothing but kindness, love, and understanding! Highly recommend especially for parents or anyone hiring for jobs!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I used your service to find information on an old friend I haven't seen in a long time. It's great to know what I learned. I have no use for ongoing service but would highly recommend it to friends and family. Eric in customer service was extremely helpful in helping me to cancel and informing me of other service available including what I already purchased at a phenomenal price. I know what company I'll be coming back to if I should have need of your services in the future. Thank you so much! The experience has been a pleasure. Keep up the great work.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have utilized the services of Truthfinder a few times in the last year and find it to be pretty credible (all things considered) and super easy to use/understand, etc. Whenever I have had questions or other needs for customer service, it has been superb and Truthfinder makes it easy to locate the number! Today I spoke with Auggie and he reiterated exactly what my request was, took the steps necessary and all was taken care of quickly and to my full satisfaction. He made it simple and pleasant; I had a sense of confidence that he would resolve the problem. He was polite, friendly and efficient. What more could you want....especially these days! Their Customer Service is Way Above the Norm!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

On Oct 22 around 6pm called re my subscription and the customer representative service was outstanding and explanations to my concerns that I will be subscribing again in the near future. Truth Finder is very fortunate to have this great customer service rep as an asset. Thank you.

Deborah

TruthFinder response

Hi Deborah,

Thank you so much for your positive review! We’re glad to see that one of our customer service representatives was able to assist you with resolving any concerns you may have had. If you ever have any additional questions or need any help, feel free to let us know by calling our member care team at 1-800-699-8081.

Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

This "service" is a total waste of time and money. $29.95 down the toilet for exactly the same info I got off of Whitepages. Promises of "full report" including finances, assets, criminal record... and nothing but hard sell garbage about what you can have for "just a little more money". Anyone that posted a positive review about TruthFinder is probably a ficticious character posted by the hustlers that invented this "service". Congrats on a very sly scam.

TruthFinder response

We’re sorry you didn’t find the information you were looking for. We’re always working with our data providers to ensure that the information in our reports is as up-to-date and complete as possible, but sometimes the data just isn’t available to us. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

It did what I needed. Just do not need it in my business or personal life. Just DON’T NEED it for further use. I do appreciate the quick and easy way to cancel the subscription and the use until January 28, 2022. I would use it again if necessary.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Needed to do a background check on a new neighbor who has been harassing me from the day she moved in. Found the info I was looking for and more! This was affordable and reliable! I highly recommend Truthfinder. What you don't know about someone could surprise you.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

We haven't used the App for quite awhile and we needed some assistance & guidance to Locate an Old Friend. The Representative we spoke with was most helpful and gave us the guidance we needed. Thanks again for Your Help!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Not only is TruthFinder an excellent source for research, but my interaction with Amber at TruthFinder was impressive because she handled my phone call very professionally and with a kind and caring manner. So-o-o rare these days to find someone that likes their job and can handle phone requests with patience!

TruthFinder Company Information