3.2(1,665)

About TruthFinder

TruthFinder People Search provides millions of Americans with easy-to-read background reports, public records, contact information and more. TruthFinder reports include data sourced from county, state and federal databases. Truthfinder accesses multiple public records stored on the internet and presents them to the user in one simple report. You can use TruthFinder to check up on old friends, investigate an online date’s information, reconnect with family members and even to check yourself.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports
Cons
  • Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Stars Rating

• 43%
  • 7%
  • 13%
  • 1%
  • 36%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Reviewed Jan. 26, 2021

TruthFinder provided convenient visibility to my personal information, which helped with an important financial decision. Once my needs were met, I eventually stopped my account without any trouble. I found the service to be straightforward and helpful.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

Had this account for a few years and did everything I needed! Decided that I no longer have a need for this account so called today to cancel and had no issues! Paul was very helpful and was super fast.

Reviewed Jan. 22, 2021

I found the info that I needed. I didn’t need to continue with the search engine for Truth Finder. There was one person I couldn’t locate, so I am not sure how much to trust the service. I was able to track a person to determine if he was who he said.

Installation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2021

TruthFinder located our individual in question immediately and provided a wealth of helpful information. This process successfully ended many hours of frustration. Instructions are easy to follow for each category needed to be searched. The Menu provided a abundance of differ categories someone might need for more in depth information. Thanks TruthFinder.

Forrest

Customer ServiceRefunds & PayoutsStaff

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

I was surprised that I had to call to get a refund when I cancelled the same day that I paid. The lady that helped me get the refund was great.. I was am glad that you use people in the United States.

Pinned

We appreciate your feedback, and we apologize if there was any confusion regarding our membership plans and/or billing policies. In order to complete the enrollment process, each user agrees to TruthFinder's billing terms. We try to make these terms as clear as possible on our register page. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Reviewed Jan. 20, 2021

I enjoyed using your service. What a great experience. I will tell my friends about what you do. Thank you Lester ** Oklahoma city Ok. Your rep Paul in Chigo was very helpful and kind. I hope you give him kudos for his work ethic. Thanks.

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2021

Helped me find an old friend who had moved across the country and be able to gain address to stay in touch. Again, helped me find an old friend who had moved across the United States. Good experience. Would recommend. Helps to find old friends, or check the veracity of someone whom you have just met.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2021

Norma was very sweet & helpful. Thank you very much Norma. I was trying to look up DUI records on someone. Wasn't able to find it. Norma was very helpful. I really appreciate the time she took to work with me. Thank you again Norma. Great customer service.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2021

I had good experiences with TruthFinder. It seemed to give accurate information, was easy to use, and was useful. Sometimes, it was difficult to choose the person I was searching for from the choices given. I didn't always know their middle initial.

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2021

I got a bit confused with what to order and I over ordered on 'stuff'. Great site - just don't have a real need for it right now. Maybe later If I were in the detective business - this would be extremely helpful. I only searched myself on this occasion.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Jan. 6, 2021

I was very pleased with the rep. He was accommodating. I thought I had only a one time charge but the rep took off two of the charges since I was not using the app. I don’t usually get that type of quick and satisfying service. Thanks!!

Reviewed Jan. 5, 2021

Young woman was pleasant, allowed me to state why I called and did not argue with me about cancellation. She cross referenced my account and pin from my email address and the process went smoothly requiring only a minute or two of my time. I appreciate the ease of this service. Thank you. I will recommend you.

StaffTransparency

Reviewed Jan. 2, 2021

Mary, in Chicago was GREAT!!. Very very patient with me, I am 82 years old, and a bit wordy!. She answered my queries, showed me how it works, walked me thru, now, and I am using it very very happily. And recommending you. She is one of your best, folks. Give her the distinguished Flying Cross, or a Single Mission Air Medal, I urge. Grin (old USMC 'Nam, vet here. Grin).

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

I neglected to get the name of your customer service rep but I do give him kudos for his patience in walking me through every issue I had. I am not so computer savvy, plus being old and hard of hearing. It was such a relief to get my problem straightened out. I will recommend you highly to all my family and friends. 10 stars out of 10.

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2020

I was very impressed with the service. I had two people that didn’t pull up anything other than it was on point. I would recommend this for anyone looking to do a background on someone in their life family, friends, and anyone you’re dating.

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

I found mostly what I knew already except for 2 Vehicle VINs. Lindsay was good in explaining the 1+ year in delay of official notices and documents, which was the meat of what I needed and you did not have. Also, you did not know that my sister's husband had died reportedly in early April 2020 and that my sister was taken to a nursing home at the same time. BUT your report shows them still living at their longtime address, which, BTW, one daughter sold as acting attorney in late July 2020.

Additionally, I wanted to get the alleged "single driver" car accident police report for late November 2019, which I'd been told about months later. BUT you didn't have it. Nor can you locate the new nursing home of my sister. Thank you for your assistance. I know where to go if other situations arise where I have less information than I do on this one..

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2020

Using Truth Finder was very useful for me and my family to look up our heritage! We found out a lot about both of our families. Would recommend anybody trying to find out more about your family heritage to use this program. Thanks Jeremy.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2020

I've never tried any of these public record websites and I was really worried it was a scam...but I tried anyway. Luckily, I found what I was searching for, and they gave me a 5 day free trial for only $1 to do so! I called just yesterday (the 2nd day of the trial) just to be sure I canceled it ahead of time and didn't get charged more. I spoke with Paul and he canceled my subscription trial in two minutes and he was so kind! If I need this again, TruthFinder is going to be my "go-to." Thanks a bunch!

Reviewed Dec. 18, 2020

Has helped me to find an old friend and just check up on some family. Thank you for your help today. There are more friends that I will try to find in the future. More family I would like to find out there.

PricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2020

Only needed for a short time but was very satisfied. If I need again in the future will definitely reconsider. I think the one thing I would change is the pricing per month for full access. It seems a bit pricey at the current time.

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2020

Today I cancelled my membership, not because I was unhappy with Truthfinder - but because I was just not using it any longer. I really had fun using this site and finding friends I have not seen or knew where they were in years. That was the only reason I joined in the first place. The customer service on this site is awesome and very caring. I highly recommend TruthFinder to anyone.

Transparency

Reviewed Dec. 12, 2020

Gave me the information I was looking for, seemed to be accurate and up to date. I did several searches on clients that rent from me and some past clients that I needed info on. I would recommend using the service to gather info.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2020

I didn’t recognize the charge on my PayPal account. Your representative explained the charge and cancelled my account. He was courteous and efficient. I did receive the confirmation of the cancellation via email. I am very satisfied.

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2020

I have used Truthfinder before. It is addictive! Several times I have recommended Truthfinder to friends, not sure if they used it but I was so impressed with the information it gave on a person. I will use it again if I need to check on someone.

Customer Service

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2020

I was amazed at how accurate Truthfinder is. They even had past & present Relationships! I was Shocked at how they knew who I had been in relationships with ???? All the Addresses I ever lived at & phone numbers I had even forgotten about!

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

I believe I found all that I wanted. For some reason my router decided to disconnect. It's gotten in the habit of doing that. So I'm going to download the report and read it on my computer. I've used it before and had great success with it. It's amazing what they can find.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2020

When I started using Truthfinder, I was amazed and shocked what I had found out about an individual....his criminal background and he was moving around a lot. This individual happens to be a domestic partner that is now associated with my ex-partner. I couldn't be happier to find this information, but the information about him concerns me because my ex-partner is now with him. My ex-partner does not realize his domestic partner is bad news.

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2020

When using the site I did find several wrong info on different people including myself. I also used 2 other sites to compare everything to. I know it is hard to be accurate all the time, however there seemed to be a 15% misinformation rate.

Pinned

We’re sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience with the information found in our reports. Since we rely on third-party data sources, we can only display the information that we were provided, which could potentially include incomplete or inaccurate data.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 2, 2020

The representative who assisted me was very pleasant and helpful. However, the phone process was annoying. I called to cancel, was asked for ID and pin which I supplied and was immediately redirected to the original call whereby I went through the process 2 more times. Finally, I held on and was quickly connected with the helpful representative.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

I found info in my name. Now I know why I can get a good paying job, buy a gun or get a permit A security clearance. Went I get stop by the police and put in my info. They come back like I did something wrong. Thank you very 3.

Reviewed Dec. 1, 2020

I needed to cancel my membership because I decided to not go past the basic membership and I had only used that once. Eric was very wonderful- friendly and helpful as was Susan. They both assisted me with a concern I had regarding billing without giving me any problems. Thank you both and Happy holidays. (: Do not know what else to say except that I wish all customer service representatives would be as polite and helpful.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 26, 2020

Like the most lovely woman EVERRRR the last time I called having trouble entering my credit card, (I was super down, my beloved pet stolen), who was SO genuine & kind & wonderful, the VERY lovely man who helped me yesterday totally kicked **. He was knowledgeable, smooth flowing, I felt like I was floating down a serene golden sunshine-lit stream, he took care of everything, got me back to the great discounted price. She made sure to make notes of on my account while I figured out what was going on with my card, & I'm super happy. They BOTH DESERVE A RAISE!

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Looking for family and friends that I had lost contact with over the years and would like to be reacquainted with if at all possible. Found the majority of one's searching for and then some that I didn't even know of. Great experience!! Thanks for the experience.

Reviewed Nov. 23, 2020

Hi: I cancelled my TruthFinder free 30 day subscription today (11-23-20) online. But noticed that the "Ends on date" was December 25, 2020. So I called their 800 number and spoke to Paul. He said that my next billing should have been on 11-24-20, but it was billed in error today (11-23-20). He said he would credit my credit card for the amount charged today and I would get an email confirming my conversation with him. Paul was very knowledgeable, courteous and efficient. Thanks, Ken **

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2020

I needed help changing my password, I was assisted and the agent stayed on the line until I successfully logged in using the new password. I was able to complete the process in a matters of minutes while at work.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed Nov. 16, 2020

This has been the worse program I have ever tried. Everywhere you go they want more and more money. Also could not find people on here. I have better progress with other programs. Will not recommend this to anyone, I feel this is a scam. Carol **

Pinned

We’re sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience with our billing system. We work hard to provide our users with the most relevant and useful records available. While we wish we could provide this information for free, it costs us money to access records from our data sources and to maintain our website and app. If there is any way we can give you a better experience with our website, please let us know!

Reviewed Nov. 12, 2020

Called Customer Service, November 12th, approx 1:15, I spoke with Jesse, he was very professional, knowledge and helpful. He took the time to walk me through a process. Very nice and courteous guy, wish there were more Customer Service Reps like him. Please commend him on my behalf.

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

First, your ladies on the phone are great. I can't say the same about my logging on experiences. Sometimes it doesn't recognize my e mail, and the information I receive is very limited. I will be canceling soon!

Pinned

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re sorry that you were not satisfied with our services. We’re committed to providing our users a great customer experience and we’d like to make this right for you. A member of our team will contact you privately to assist you further.

Customer ServiceTransparency

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2020

Excellent customer service. I was provided with a quick response to my issue and received immediate attention without any hassle. Extremely rare to encounter in these turbulent times we are living. My issue was resolved. I was provided with good service and hassle free. The information I received was extensive, enough information provided to make a good sound decision about my topic. I will continue to use this service as long as their program provided up to date information as well as accurate information. Thank you.

Reviewed Nov. 6, 2020

Some of the reasons I cancelled are because I was looking for information on birth certificates, marriage and divorce licenses, dates, parents, place and etc. I could not find this information. Also school attendance and records.

Pinned

We understand how frustrating it is when you can’t find the information you were looking for. We work really hard to make our reports as thorough as possible, but some states and counties do not release their records to the public which sometimes impacts the quality of our data. We apologize and will reach out to you privately to resolve this issue.

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2020

Was looking for a cousin that I was not sure if they were still alive. I found them through TruthFinder. Have not made contact yet but plan to soon! The process took some time, but was interesting because I found they lived in the town next to where I am, at one time.

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2020

This has been a very helpful resource. Thank you. You were very gracious in helping me cancel the subscription, as I'm not going to be needing it anymore. Two hundred words is too many, but I guess I'll keep writing until you let me leave the post!

Reviewed Oct. 28, 2020

Rating I make is all about Mary, not about TruthFinder. I'm extremely disappointed in how outdated info is on TruthFinder. Whereas Mary is a superstar, she needs to be promoted into mgt. She makes TruthFinder look better than it actually is.