4.5/5 (192 ratings)

About TruthFinder

TruthFinder People Search provides millions of Americans with easy-to-read background reports, public records, contact information and more. TruthFinder reports include data sourced from county, state and federal databases. Truthfinder accesses multiple public records stored on the internet and presents them to the user in one simple report. You can use TruthFinder to check up on old friends, investigate an online date’s information, reconnect with family members and even to check yourself.

Pros

• Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports

Cons

• Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Bottom Line

TruthFinder customers pay a fee to receive detailed reports with a person’s contact information, social media profiles, education, jobs, possible associates and more.

TruthFinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruthFinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

NortonLifelock reported basic information to me from Truthfinder. Truthfinder lists 4 cities where I have never lived in my life. They include possible relatives. Of about a dozen people, they list my spouse, people we purchased a home from in 1984 (no relation), and other people I have no idea who they are. Unfortunately other sites copy this report and I have problems completing security requests. For example I could be asked which of the following address have you lived, and I won't recognize any of them. Next question, which was your first vehicle, and none on the list would be correct. The result is I don't pass the security's screening. Something needs to be done to make these sites report correct information.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback and honest review. We’re sorry to hear that you had a frustrating experience. While we strive to provide accurate and relevant information to our users, there is a chance that people with the same name and information could match up and show incorrectly on the report. We would love to help you with this issue. A senior member of our member care team will contact you privately to help resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Truthfinder should check on their automatic phone cancellation. I called in October in the evening and received a voice confirmation that I had cancelled my subscription at that time. I did not check further and then I received a bill continuing my subscription. Ken said he would take care of it so I will have to wait and see if $30.29 was refunded from 10/15/2021 and $5.39 was refunded from 10/25/2021.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I appreciate having access to this service, which provided me peace of mind while on a job assignment. It was easy to use and it provided me the information that I needed when there were inconsistencies that left me feeling uneasy. This service and the knowledge obtained alleviated those concerns. Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

They are most of the time right on the top of things. Have been very happy with their reports. Great for research and background. Would recommend their services to anyone who ask. Customer service was very helpful also. Overall a total 10!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

The gentleman was very pleasant and happy to assist me. The other nice thing about it was he was not foreign and spoke English. I would recommend this website to any one who wants info about a person. They are very thorough. Happy Holidays.

Kasey

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

Customer service incredible. You actually get a live person who speaks English! Very friendly and very brief hold time. Information is easy to access and affordable. I would recommend this service to friends. They are clearly a top notch organization.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I didn't know what reaction I would receive when I called to cancel. To my surprise I received prompt, friendly and professional service. For these reasons you earn a 5 star overall satisfaction rating, and a recommendation to my friends to use your services.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I'm impressed by how thorough the reports are, they helped me make some big choices on the people in my life. I will definitely recommend this to others. I believe everyone should have this information. The only problem is filling out a review is a bit of a hassle but the service is worth it.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I canceled my account on the day it was opened. I searched 1 person and obtained the information I was looking for. I called in October & was assured that my account was canceled. Another automatic payment was deducted for November. I called to dispute this and the young lady 1 spoke with was very professional, nice, understanding & did issue my refund.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Looking for a friend who I Iost contact with. He moved to Florida after his father died and changed his telephone number. I didn't have any other way to locate him so I chose to use your service and I am glad I did.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I initially called due to a billing issue and they took care of it immediately. I Was not on hold very long at all and the customer service rep was very polite. The services provided were pretty good for the cost - peace of mind!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

Made it very easy to solve the problem. Took their time. Listened very closely about my problem.. Very helpful and took the time to explain some things I didnt know; I have and will recommend Truthfinder.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Website gave me too many issues. Info I did find out I could've gotten for free just using basic search engine. I didn't even find basic info that I already knew about friends and relatives. I was charged more than the advertised deal price.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I have utilized the services of Truthfinder a few times in the last year and find it to be pretty credible (all things considered) and super easy to use/understand, etc. Whenever I have had questions or other needs for customer service, it has been superb and Truthfinder makes it easy to locate the number! Today I spoke with Auggie and he reiterated exactly what my request was, took the steps necessary and all was taken care of quickly and to my full satisfaction. He made it simple and pleasant; I had a sense of confidence that he would resolve the problem. He was polite, friendly and efficient. What more could you want....especially these days! Their Customer Service is Way Above the Norm!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Supreme customer service when needing to call and cancel automatic membership charges. Already used the automated system so was alarmed but phone rep was very affirming and solved the problems immediately. 10/10 customer service. Bummer that the automated system didn't accept my cancelation as instructed the first time but the phone experience definitely turned the situation around. Didn't even need to wait long on his. Awesome.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Got exactly what I was calling for done. Associate did a great job at clarifying my needs and was very polite. I will definitely be referring my friends to this site! Thank you again for all the help that you provided!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

I was able to pull off the freeway close to Reno and hire Truthfinder to find my cousin. I found her right away without driving home after driving 9 hours to see her. Thank you truthfinder… Truthfinder can find addresses and phone numbers

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

We found that we no longer was in need of the Truth Finder service. So When calling in and canceling our service on 10/18 we were greeted with a very pleasant gentleman, who handled our cancellation for us with no problems at all. Today when calling in asking why still being billed that was also handled with great perfection. The representative went above and beyond to explain.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Everyone is professional and helpful, one of the best websites on the web. Whenever I have some difficulty logging on the staff helps me within minutes. I use the service for business reasons and it is amazing how detailed the information that is provided is on almost any person.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Great! Thank you so much! I enjoyed the phone call and helping me with my account! I would recommend this to a friend in the future if anything came up and would sign up again when I'm not homeless and jobless, thank you guys so much for your understanding.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

I am canceling my account due to the many inaccuracies in the reporting. There are many incorrect phone numbers, email addresses, current addresses/locations etc. I no longer wish to use this service and I will seek an additional reporting agency for my future needs. Thank you for your offer to reduce the monthly fee, or to add additional services as a customer service. My call to customer service was handled quickly, and professionally, and if my need arises to try your service again, I will gladly attempt another trial period. Thank you again for a quality exit of your service.

John

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

3/15/21 spoke to your customer service rep Simone who patiently guided me in password acceptance in order to see requested background check. Simone is very knowledgeable as well. Very patient young lady. A great asset in my humble opinion to Truth finder!!!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Quick and easy no hassle, amazing customer service! The person over the phone took their time to ensure my request was being met thoroughly. I would highly recommend this service to others that are looking to find out the truth.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

When I need general information on someone's background, Truthfinder has been invaluable at returning the information I'm looking for quickly - it's the perfect companion to the authorized background checks we run through our CRA. If there's one thing I don't like it's that we have to submit subscription cancelations via phone rather than online.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I look up my own name and found several errors, which make me question your accuracy. One was my husband's ex-wife was listed at this address and she has never been in Mich and died 2 years ago. Also said that I had lived in MO, which is untrue.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

My experience was wonderful, the agent really went above and beyond her duty, to solve my problem. I’m very satisfied with the company and will definitely return, when financially I can afford this. Thanks for understanding. Chedinia **

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Searching for an old acquaintance and found he was deceased. Through further searching the links in the report, I was able to contact his relative and discover what happened to him. Sad ending for me but now I know the truth.

TruthFinder response

Our condolences for your loss John! We are glad to hear that our service was helpful to you in finding the information you needed. Thanks so much for the positive feedback and high rating, and if you ever have a question or need assistance with any further searches, our US-based member care team can be reached directly at 1-800-699-8081.

TruthFinder Support

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Good information on website, helpful people when you have a question. I decided to cancel and there were no hassles or problems in doing so. Just was done using it so that's why I cancelled, wish I knew more people to check out, very helpful.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Your company is a scam. The Man I checked on has been in jail for almost a year. You guys didn't know crap. I found it in a public website. And you're supposed to have all the information. Thanks but no thanks for your scam!!!

Hi William,

We’re sorry to hear you were unable to obtain information on certain people. Our data providers are always updating their information, but some state and local governments do not release their records to the public, or they may not update their databases annually, which can create gaps in our data. A manager from our member care team will contact you privately to resolve this issue.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Lawrence who I spoke with to cancel my subscription was very accommodating and polite. He took care of it in a very timely manner…great experience talking to him. It’s just not a service I can keep on a monthly basis especially right now.

TruthFinder Company Information