4.5/5 (192 ratings)

About TruthFinder

TruthFinder People Search provides millions of Americans with easy-to-read background reports, public records, contact information and more. TruthFinder reports include data sourced from county, state and federal databases. Truthfinder accesses multiple public records stored on the internet and presents them to the user in one simple report. You can use TruthFinder to check up on old friends, investigate an online date’s information, reconnect with family members and even to check yourself.

Pros

• Unlimited reports
  • Mobile app
  • Detailed reports

Cons

• Must buy full month
  • No trial period

Bottom Line

TruthFinder customers pay a fee to receive detailed reports with a person’s contact information, social media profiles, education, jobs, possible associates and more.

TruthFinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TruthFinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Truthfinder?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

When looking for an online source, I reviewed several providers before making a decision. Truth Finder had provided more positive reviews of the others. Truth Finder was very easy to set up and search information as well as providing up to date and very accurate information with ease of printing reports.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Needed help with financial records and found exactly what I needed. Researched many other companies and TruthFinder was the best and had great reviews. My records contained everything I was seeking and highly recommend. Will use in the future if needed.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

As I am not a very proficient computer user (age 74) I found it somewhat hard to get started when I went to log in. I had used a computer at work to sign up but then used my laptop at home to review my report. That started my problems to the point that I had to call your service center and have Kyle walk me through the steps to get active. Once in, I found it relatively easy to go through the steps to find the various areas of interest. They were quite thorough and provided the info I was looking for. It was the person I wanted to find. SUCCESS!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

Lisa went way beyond her realm of duties to help me. Many thanks for employees like Lisa. I have had a brain stroke and she walked me through changing my password. She really went out of way to help me. She was very patient and kind. Thank you for Lisa.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

I tried your service and the reports were easy to read and download. I was checking on one person and don't really have a need to check on people very often so no need for me to keep a monthly service I don't use. Thanks for the help.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Thank you for giving me the information that I needed. The information was very thorough and the whole process was easy. If I need to use your services again in the future, I will not hesitate to reach out again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

Accurate report was provided when requested. Also customer service did a great job when I had trouble signing into the application. This app provides a multitude of facts and will be a great asset when reviewing potential applicants for rental property.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

I tried many time and many ways to try to locate annals friend from high school. I had moved all over the country many times, same situation with them. I searched for them online and looking at social media, but could never find them. I saw Ali ** for TruthFinder and thought I should give it a try. TruthFinder was able to find them and even listed many of their prior addresses. Most importantly, it found a current phone and address and I was able to reconnect! Thank you TruthFinder!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I found who I was looking for! I was told she was dying of cancer but she is alive and well! She had changed her name's names many times that I finally caught up with her! So I have no longer use for your service and I appreciate it. It took me a couple months but it all turned out! Thank you

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

The experience was wonderful. I’m always afraid of getting scammed and I hate paying for things I’m tricked into paying but they are so CLEAR and very accurate as far as what you will pay depending on the subscription. The information was so helpful for me especially with a small child, there’s many concerns living around my area and now I know who to look out for and that’s beautiful. Unfortunately I did have to terminate my subscription due to someone stealing money from me and it was a cake walk to end it. No guilt tripping, no bribery, the young man I spoke with was beyond apologetic and so kind I was truly so blessed. If one more person would have been mean to me today, I would’ve lost it but he showed me nothing but kindness, love, and understanding! Highly recommend especially for parents or anyone hiring for jobs!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Great job! Your representative was very courteous and helpful!!! Helped me with my issue and offered me some alternatives. TruthFinder is easy to use and agents are engaging and make working with you hassle-free.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

A lot of the info was my son, JC ** III. I corrected everything I could. I have never used an alias. I always make it a point to say my name is JC (no periods) ** Jr. Your info was good but there was a lot of info not mine.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

This service was helpful when trying to keep my daughter safe. We will be back when or if we need the service again. Services like this can really be used in the uncertain world we live in. We will recommend.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

Customer service was excellent. There was a problem. I called customer service. Talked to Claudia. She was very nice and helpful. A company is only as good as their customer service. Would use them again because of her. I told her of the problem and she took care of it right away.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

So far it has been a good experience. This is new experience to me & I'm not tech savvy. I do need help walking things through. Thank you for your patience. I've had some questions so I have called to understand more. I spoke with a customer service rep named Carl & he was very helpful & understanding.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I was amazed at the accuracy of the information. My estranged husband passed and I was able to find all the missing pieces of his life after we parted ways to aid me in closing out his estate. Very informative!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I needed to find some information on a person I’d most recently met. Truthfinder provided accurate information quickly. I was very impressed with the outcome. I recommend this to all my friends! This is a God send! Truth finder is “state of the art”!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

The information contained within the public records report was accurate and detailed. The expectations of the services weren't high but the results were exceptional. If I were in regular need of this service I would definitely renew and recommend. Saved a considerable amount of work.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

Very Knowledgeable and Pleasantly helpful with solving several of My account issues. All of My Issues were Solved in a matter of several minutes. I really appreciate the Kind and Helpful Voice on the phone. I am so sorry I forgot His name. Thank You again for making this process easy. Sincerely, Ruth **

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

App was a little confusing at first. But you are given the ability to access so much information. Once you know what information you want to see the app becomes easy to use. Definitely would recommend this app to everyone I know.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Was able to locate the data I needed quickly and easily. Was able to correct items in my own record just as quickly and easily. Account was easy to open and easy to unsubscribe. Best Customer Service I have experienced in a long time!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Even though I didn't get the account unblocked, the rep did a great job in attending all questions. He allowed me to ask without interrupting me and well placed words in which allowed me to follow through.. Thanks!!! Kudos to you!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

The agent was very helpful and courteous and did not pressure me to keep subscription which I appreciated. The site is very informative. I actually went on to check my own profile. I was disappointed to see a bogus charge still on my record after it was vacated.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

Had trouble finding my own info but with the help of Lisa we worked it all out. She was very pleasant and patient and guided me along and in no time solved my problem. She gets a Gold Star from me! Thanks Lisa.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I chose to cancel because I had limited need for the service. However, I am very impressed with the info you provided and the courtesy and speed to cancel. A very positive experience! I would definitely recommend your service to a friend.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Found the person, address and phone number; info provided was ultimately reliable; very helpful and thorough; customer service rep was extremely helpful. will definitely use TruthFinder again and refer to family and friends. Truth finder is a great resource for finding people and information.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I used your service to find information on an old friend I haven't seen in a long time. It's great to know what I learned. I have no use for ongoing service but would highly recommend it to friends and family. Eric in customer service was extremely helpful in helping me to cancel and informing me of other service available including what I already purchased at a phenomenal price. I know what company I'll be coming back to if I should have need of your services in the future. Thank you so much! The experience has been a pleasure. Keep up the great work.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

The representative on the phone (Kathy?) was incredible. Not only did she help me with a double billing issue that was of my own doing, but she signed me up for better and less expensive service from your company. She is a credit to your company and if you trained her, then you should make sure everyone is trained like her and if she is this good on her own, then she should be training the other workers in your call center.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

As an 83 yr old generally illiterate computer user, your representative, Jessie, was exceptionally patient and understanding - walking me step-by-step through the enrollment process. As a retiree from the legal profession, Jessie is definitely a proven asset to your organization and should be courted by TruthFinder to advance above and beyond the Customer Service arena. He'll do you proud.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Truth Finder gave me everything I needed, so I can apply for my driver's license. It's so easy. It takes you through all the list. It's very informative. I was very impressed. I wanted to know certain things on my personnel background, and Truth Finder was on the money.

TruthFinder Company Information