1.22/5
Based on 140 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

639 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Shoes.com delivers shoes labeled XW as extra wide. Nowhere on their website do they indicate XW correlates with a specific range of sizes and would not send a larger size two days after their so called return policy even though I was out of state for those days. This company sells basic styles online all year long and could have resold them as new to someone with a smaller foot; there is no reason why couldn't exchange them. This company does not deserve customers; they are the worst kind of distributor.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered a pair of Skechers boots size 6ww. I had gotten a 20% discount with a coupon. 9 days later I received the boots, a SIZE 8 wide. I called them to complain about this. They told me to ship the boots back and after they check that IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE they would issue a full refund. I then asked them to give me an exchange for the CORRECT SIZE. They told me that I would have to REORDER THE SHOES and that I would NOT RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT. I got the wrong shoes in the first place. Sounds like a scam to me, not wanting to honor the discount. It will be the last time I order from an incompetent and shady business practice company.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I purchased a pair of Western Riding Boots. I wore them for 1 hour and they gave me blisters. I returned them after cleaning them THOROUGHLY (with a toothbrush). They sent them back to me saying they could not return them because I wore them. There was no wear and tear on the boots since I wore them for 1 HOUR ONLY. They will not take them back and will not refund me!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 25, 2018

No wonder they have 1 star on Consumer Affairs. Ordered a product on May 10 this year. No email confirmation received. Product received with no information on the or inside the box regarding where it came from. There was no phone number on or inside the package. I needed to research through the shipping company where it came from so that I could contact them. When I did, I was told that it took me too long to get a return, so I could only get an exchange.

The next person, "John," inconsistently said it was too late to get a return OR exchange. In order to speak to anyone who even showed a remote willingness to hear why the delay or be able to clarify which way it was, I had to wait for a phone call from the next person who was not on site. They refused to give a time of call or phone number to look out for, completely and blatantly setting purchasers up to be unable to return any purchases due to the difficulty of figuring out their contact information. First time I have ever seen a company do this. Will be reporting to the BBB.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I ordered a pair of sneakers from Shoes.com online on 7/9/18 and I still haven't received my purchase yet. Every time I check the tracking on UPS it's saying severe weather delay. It's said that since 7/9/18. I've called Shoes.com three times concerning my order. Two times which a representative got on the phone and barely speaks English. Very difficult for me to understand saying that my package will be delivered but can't provide me any more information than that. So I asked for a refund. The Lady said on the phone that she can't give me a refund and that I have to first wait until I receive my package. It's now 7/19/18 and I still haven't received my package and when I check UPS with my tracking number it's still saying severe weather delay with no further information as to where my package is or when it will be delivered to me. Steer clear of this site and run for the hills. It's bad business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been waiting 8 days and not received my order. Now they are saying 72 more hours because my shoes are lost. Nobody ever emails me or calls me back. I have to do all the calling. This is a 2 bit company.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I bought some shoes for my grandfather. They were $59.99 on Merrell.com and $89.95 on Shoes.com. Shoes.com had a 25% off coupon. I contacted them and verified that the price match was off the original price and not the discounted price with the coupon. Was told it was BEFORE any promotions. Well, they lied... I bought the shoes, gave them as a gift, and then they didn't do the correct price match. They only price matched down from the discounted price and did NOT refund the correct taxes. There was no point in buying with them in the first place then except for this hassle! Do NOT do it!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Sent the following email to shoes.com customer service after calling to request a return of flip flops…have never heard a response back! "Regarding Order #: **. I was unable to return these flip-flops because I wore them, and am now told I have to email you instead of being able to put a review like a regular sites do (i.e. Amazon). These flip-flops are the poorest quality I have had so far. They are the same quality I would expect from a place like Target for 1/4 the cost. The size is correct but the heels point inward while walking. I would like to know where I can put my review so that others are alerted to this." PS – the customer service representative needs a lesson in patience. I would also like that noted on my review.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I ordered my daughter a pair of Birkenstocks for her birthday. Once they arrived my daughter tried them on and they were too small so that same day I contacted Shoes.com to exchange them for a larger size. I had to purchase a new pair and send the first pair back. Once they received the first pair they would refund the second charge. I sent the sandals back the same day then. Three weeks went by and still no refund.

Today UPS delivered a pair of Birkenstock sandals from Shoes.com. They rejected my return and placed a handwritten note in the box stating "Shoes worn. Insoles dirty. Toe & heel price tag. Unable to resell". The Birkenstocks I sent back were unworn, had the tags on them and we're in the original box with all original packing. The Birkenstocks I received did not have a tag on them and were in a smashed box.

I called customer service and the first person I talked to put me on hold, then hung up on me. The second person was rude and offered me $20. I declined the $20 and she said they would review the pictures of the sandals and get back to me. I explained they would be reviewing pictures of sandals I did not return, because the ones I received were different than the ones I returned. She said she would not be able to help me then. I said they lost a customer and I would never shop there again. The customer service rep said "This rarely happens" and I should reconsider shopping with them again. Shoes.com is a scam!!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Ordered 2 different pairs of sandals on 2 separate orders, same brand, same size I've worn for years. Have had to return both - one pair was too small and one was too large. I think they sell manufacturer's "seconds." Worse though, was dealing with customer service. The service rep's English was so bad I kept having to ask him to repeat & repeat & repeat; finally I politely asked to speak to someone in U.S.; the phone call was disconnected. Called back and asked to speak to someone in the U.S. Called back a 3rd time and got someone I could barely understand. He refused to transfer me to U.S. insisting he could help me so I struggled through. First order was placed April 30. Today is June 30 and I don't have either pair of sandals yet. Never again!

Original review: June 27, 2018

The ONE TIME I didn't do a background review of a company and it's now become my daily burden to bear. I ordered a pair of Saucony running shoes with Shoes.com because Saucony provides them with exclusive colors. As has been written by others, upon ordering you are told that you will get a follow up email in 1-5 business days to tell you when they will ship. But, if you try to cancel the order after a few days that only compounds the problem since then it takes 1-2 business days to tell you if they can even do that since the order still "in process" after a week. Saucony, to their embarrassment, will take no responsibility for their role in distributing exclusive product through this retailer. Never use this company, you've been warned.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Totally incompetent - I ordered a women's shoe, size 7 in blush. 10 days later I receive a men's size 11 in black, totally different style. I called, waited and then spoke to Sebastian who was like a robot. Just return shoes. Me: "Could you have UPS pick up shoes as I do not live near UPS." Sebastian: "No, you get them there." They are very pleasant when you are placing an order, but a return? Not my problem.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Went to buy 5 items ($500+) and their free shipping is 10 days, super below other competitors. Tried to pay for expedited and it is $5 per item, out of 5 = $25. What if you buy 10? Horrible business ideology. How are they not out of business? Contacted CS and explained other sites had the same price and faster shipping and did not even care to retain my business. I offered to escalate to their company so they can review this policies and CS agent said... "Unfortunately we can not escalate comments to anyone." What kind of a company is this? I'm sure they will be out of business soon.

Original review: June 11, 2018

On the face of their site, they elude to the fact that if you buy shoes, place an order by this time, you'll get your shoes in 3 days. Lies. I noticed no shipping activity on an order, called, and was told that the shipping time is "within 10 days." I also tried to cancel before the order was shipped, I was told that I couldn't, and that they couldn't guarantee a cancelation. Customer service is awful, as is the user experience on their website. I knew that I could just dispute the charge, so I went to Amazon, bought the same shoes, same price, guaranteed delivery date, and have already received my order confirmation from Amazon. Think before doing business with shoes.com.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Be sure to call and confirm if your order has additional processing time. I paid extra for 3 day processing only to find out that there's additional processing time. When I called to inquire about my delayed order they showed me on the website where orders can be delayed due to processing times. It was buried in another section on the website... nowhere near my actual order page. Not right. Do better and be more transparent before you take our money for quick expedition of orders.

Original review: June 1, 2018

After being overcharged on sales tax, I called their customer service dept and was told there is nothing they can do about it. I was charge $5.60 on a $46 purchase which computes to 12.4%. The sales tax where I live is 8.25%. Is that extra money going to my home state or is it simply a scam by Shoes.com to collect 4% more in revenue on every purchase?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have been a customer for years but now I plain refuse to do business with Shoes.com. My last two orders were both disasters. First one never shipped and I got a postal mail(!) postcard saying the shoes were out of stock weeks after I ordered. On the second men's shoe order for some reason they shipped it to an address I had not lived at in 4 years, that was not my default address. They pretty much said tough luck on the last order. Not help at all.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered $130 nurses' style shoes for work. I got the shoes in wet box! Shoes didn’t fit, hard, uncomfortable and far from “wide“ size. I sent the shoes back in hoping for refund. Week later I got the shoes back. Someone determined that the merchandise has been worn/used!!! I have never experienced such a insult on a customer, I couldn’t even slide my foot in the right shoe!!! How could I ever walk or stand for 10 hours! Never again!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I purchased 2 pair of shoes from this company. Apparently, as we age, our feet change size/shape, so I ordered a size that was too small. According to the website, there was a free exchange/return policy. It's free for them-I was told I would have to repurchase the different size shoes and they would refund me once they received the original order from me. Basically they are holding my money twice even though the returns are in the mail already. I decided not to exchange because they want to charge twice... so now I pay 7.00 a pair to return the shoes. This is poor business practice in my opinion and the customer service person I spoke with... actually hung up on me. Is there any reason I would keep a pair of shoes that don't fit? STUPID! So now they are holding 170.00 and I have nothing. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!! How are they still in business?

Original review: May 20, 2018

I bought 2 pairs of shoes. I used their own guidelines to choose the size I ordered. When the shoes arrived, they were over a full inch too big. When I contacted customer service to arrange for a "fast free exchange" as they advertise, I was told I would have to BUY the correct size, then return the wrong size then they would refund my money for the 1st 2 pairs.

By buying the 2nd 2 pairs I would not get the 30% discount I bought the 1st 2 pairs with plus I also used a $5 bonus that no longer was good as well. I would be out almost $200 and only get a refund of $70. When I told customer service about this, they pretty well said "You should have ordered the right size the 1st time!" Customer service is both rude and unhelpful. At one point I was put on hold in the middle of a sentence. To top it all off, they said if I don't go by their rules on an exchange they are going to charge me $6.95 per pair restock fee! I will absolutely NEVER use this company again!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Very slow delivery. The $140 shoes were too big but tried to return them in a different box since someone in my house threw out the original box. So weeks later my shoes were returned to me, refusing the return or exchange. Many calls later, and on hold a lot, still no help. Still have $140 shoes they refuse to return. They won't return my calls. Horrible, horrible.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The shoes I bought fit well. Great price and arrived quickly. Helps if you pay for them right away. My son's pair was a pair of Nike's. I buy him Nike's because, he has no arch in his feet. And his feet are very narrow AAAA. Like a pair of skis. I paid $55 or $50 for his. Mine are New Balance running shoes style W840v3. I have a fallen arch in one foot. I ordered a 11 1/2 wide in Women's. I got the mint green with navy color makes a difference in price on a number of sites. Instead, of paying $160 at the New Balance store. These were $60. And my foot doctor said they were really good shoes. I am not being paid to write this review. I just don't understand all the complaints. I ordered my son's on about 12/28/2017 and I bought mine on April 20, 2018.

Original review: May 3, 2018

4 phone calls and 1 email later (with no response), 12 days later and shoes have not even been shipped out yet. No one knows what is going on, every time I call, the employee says the shoes are not being shipped from "here" so we will have to allow 48 hours to get a response from the warehouse. I have called 4 times, NO COMMUNICATION back on their part when they say they will follow-up. They don't know where the shoes are. I could have walked to the warehouse wherever it is and grabbed them myself quicker than this. I don't recommend SHOES.COM and will never use again!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I used to order shoes from Shoebuy.com which is now Shoes.com. Never had a problem. Service was great. Now under Shoes.com, I bought a pair of expensive running shoes. My first problem arose when I never received a receipt/invoice for the shoes prompting me to contact customer service for a invoice so I could have verification that the shoes were indeed ordered. I sent two requests and never received the invoices. The shoes however were delivered the following day. So at least I got the shoes. The second problem arose when I decided the shoes were too large prompting me to request a return/exchange. What a royal hassle!

To do this, they have to place a new order and would not accept my original payment method (PayPal). I had to use a different credit card and of course would not be refunded until the shoes were returned. This concerns me as I would have two deductions for the same pair of shoes taken out of two of my payment methods. I was told I'd have the shipping label within an hour (ridiculous). That time has come and gone. I've contacted customer service and still no return label, so I've cancelled the new order. I'll gladly pay the restocking fee to get my refund and be rid of this poorly run on-line retailer. You cannot beat Amazon. I found the same pair of shoes for a considerably lower price on Amazon and I know returns are hassle free through them. I was stupid to give Shoes.com a try.

Original review: April 28, 2018

This is the worst company I have ever interacted with. I ordered a pair of Fitflop Gogh Pro clogs in March 2018. I received them in a timely manner, but I did not like them. I tried them on in my living room and never removed the tags or stickers on the bottom. Inside the box were instructions to return the shoes to Nordstrom so I did that. A pre-paid label was enclosed. I heard nothing back for weeks so I contacted Shoes.com. They told me I should have returned the shoes to them. I waited for Nordstrom to send them back and then proceeded to send them to Shoes.com. They received the shoes on April 11, 2018 but I heard nothing. So I called on April 21 or 22. I was told they would check the status and call me later. On April 23, I get an email from UPS that I was getting an order from Shoes.com. I called again asking what was up and was informed that they denied the return because the shoes were worn.

I was stunned and tried to explain that I never wore them except to try them on. They said they had images and their decision was final. I asked to see the images and was told that I would get them in 45 minutes. Almost two days later and after two emails, I was sent images. There is no evidence of dirt on the soles like they claimed. I have attached pictures I took to show what the soles looked like when I received them back on April 24 (with no notation in the box why I was receiving them back). The Shoes.com images made the bottoms look slightly dusty based on their resolution or something but there is no evidence of dirt or wear that I can see. I talked to two managers and the last one offered me a $25 refund which I refused. I asked to send the shoes back for a second review and was told their decision was final. I am currently contesting the charges with my credit card.

After looking at this site, it is apparent to me that Shoes.com is running a return scam. They claim to accept returns but they just deny the return by stating the unworn shoes have been worn. They apparently either do not stock the shoes themselves and are just a middleman or they sell discounted shoes that they procure from other sellers who do not want them anymore. The Nordstrom labels in my box proved that to me. This is the first time I have ever written an online complaint. I wish I had read these reviews before I ever made a business transaction with this company. Consumer Affairs should investigate what percent of the returns are ever accepted by this shady company!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have placed order for my first order. They came in the right size and in good condition. Seen from some reviews of unauthorised transaction, and I monitored the transaction on my card. There was no unauthorised transaction. Now I have placed order for another 2 pairs. Arrived in good condition and right size. Will consider to get more pairs from them. Cons: I find that their shipping is a little on the ex side.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Customer service was awful. All I wanted to do was exchange a brand new size 9 for 8.5. They would not do it because it was 80 days later which is past the 60 days warranty period. I had saved this pair until it the weather was warm. i.e. Why I didn't realize it was running bid, I didn't have any problems with the remaining 7 pairs. I kept saying I bought 8 pairs and to exchange the one as a courtesy will go a long way because I buy shoes from you all the time. His reply was you can just buy another shoes that is 8.5. Clearly, I don't need permission to buy another shoes from Shoes.com. Will never buy from them again. 6PM has fantastic customer service.

Original review: April 19, 2018

If I can give a 0 I would. Let me start off with I bought some gym shoes. They were not cheap. I purchased a wide instead of regular. I realized it when I wore it to work 1 day, not 2, not 3, just 1 day. When I got home I took them off to see why it was so comfortable and realize it was wide so I had these returned and to expedite my replacement which were the exact one's. Same size but regular. I purchased them and waited for my return refund. They are refusing to return except it because I wore the shoes one day.

They were in good condition but refused them and returned them to me. So I called spoke to a Walter. He wasn't able to help. Asked to let me speak to a manager. Transfer me Paul couldn't help. Asked Paul. "So you're a manager?" He pauses and says "no I'm a supervisor." Here we go. I asked for a manager not a sup. Which I'm guessing he wasn't even a sup. The manager suppose to be calling me ha! Yeah let's see if that happens because apparently there isn't one on site. I asked for corporates #. He gave me 617-451-2929. You can't even talk to a live person and to leave a voicemail. The voice mail was full!!! Run people. They are indeed cons. Don't do it! You will regret it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I’ve never sought out a website like this before to leave a review for a company, but I am so furious I felt it was necessary. I almost always order from Amazon, and should’ve known better, but I was trying to find the “best deal”. So I found a pair of UGGs on shoes.com for less expensive than what I could find on Amazon. I ordered down a size like I normally do, but apparently because they were a different style they ran more true to size and ended up being too small. Calling to exchange is out of the question because the price changes. So my only option was to return them and get a bigger size at the higher price if I still wanted them because they wouldn’t honor the lower price that I originally paid.

I tried to print the return label multiple times, only to find out when I finally called later, that you can’t print from your phone. You have to print from a computer. Shoes.com does not care that my life is completely crazy as a mom and a business owner, and that I couldn’t find my charging cord to the laptop for a while - because I do almost everything from my phone and my iPad. Then when I finally found my charging cord I was having issues getting the laptop to connect with the printer. Wouldn’t it be so awesome if I could run my business, keep my household going, and manage my two “super-active” little ones all while spending hours upon hours messing with my printer and printing a stupid return label that should’ve been printable from my phone - WITHIN 60 DAYS? One can only dream. However that wasn’t the case. My 60 days was up on April 6th (12 days ago).

Today I tried to print the label that expired 10 days after they sent it, so I called their customer service and was told I’m stuck with the shoes because it’s been 72 days. The man kept making it sound like 60 days is such a LONG time and being 12 days over was SO ridiculously past the limit. Basically trying to belittle me over the phone. Thanks, dude. This man obviously isn’t a “stay-at-home-mom” and a business owner, with a house that looks like an unfinished game of Jumanji. Well, good for him. Now I’m out 100 bucks with a pair of UGG’s that are a size too small. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

Bottom line. If you’re confident in what you’re ordering, go ahead and order from this company. However if you’re looking for a company with grace, understanding, and AMAZING customer service, go ahead and head on over to Amazon because this NEVER would’ve happened with them. Shame on me. My mistake. I knew better. You want to know the “funny” thing? I STILL ended up ordering a pair of UGG’s from Amazon once I experienced shoes.com’s customer service after that first phone call a couple months ago. I will never EVER order from this company again, and I will advise everyone I know to do the same. Customer service is EVERYTHING, and they ain’t got it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When reading other reviews about the site I was concerned that the Chuck Taylor sneakers I received via UPS would be a crap shoot as to what I actually received. From other reviewers I was seeing errors regarding styles, sizes, and colours ordered. I've read several reviews saying people received 2 different shoe styles or even 2 shoes for the same foot! I was quite concerned and kicked myself for ordering a pair of shoes before reading reviews.

To my wonderful delight I received my order within 5 days of leaving Massachusetts and that included a weekend and a days delay due to a massive ice storm that crippled my area. Even better was the fact they were the proper shoes I wanted including the colour and size! They even fit perfectly which was quite impressive considering I have what I call duck feet. Very wide at the bridge and very narrow at the heel. Shaped just like a duck’s foot. The only spoiler to my experience was the cost of shipping, exchange and duty costs to have my order sent to Canada.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Shoes.com Company Information

Formerly Named:
Shoebuy.com
www.shoes.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business