2. Shopping
  3. Shoes Online

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.72/5

Shoes.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

So, I was concerned after reading the negative score here, but I had already ordered. There was nothing I could do but wait AND READ what the Negative Nancies were complaining about. I began to feel better after reading the substance of the complaints - there really wasn't much there. I ordered a pair of 1460 Dr. Martens on 2 Jan. I got a confirmation e-mail in 30 min. I got shipping confirmation the next day. I received exactly what I expected about an hour ago (7 Jan). My experience was positive, the boots are authentic, and I saved about $30. Don't swear it. The site is owned by Walmart and fully legit.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Like all the other positive reviews, I was very skeptical purchasing shoes from this website...simply because the negatives far outweighed the positive reviews. However, after reading the recent good experiences people had I decided to take a chance and I am so glad I did! I got this special collection shoe for my younger sister and it is exactly as described. I must say I have never ever in my life left a review for a product but given SHOES.com 1.6 star rating, I felt that they deserved better recognition. Immediately after ordering I received a email confirmation and the charge was only pending in my account.

Upon shipment, my account was charged (as stated on their website). I became slightly concerned when I never received a shipping confirmation email and I started considering ways to cancel the order. However, I found a spot on their site where I could type in my order number and I was able to check the status of my order. Much to my surprise, the order had already been shipped and there was a UPS tracking number that I could follow. Everything about my order was very transparent, there were no hiccups, and I’m very glad I can surprise my sister with these shoes.

Get buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

My husband ordered my running shoes off this site, after finding an amazing deal. After he placed the order, and the money was immediately debited from our account, he still hadn’t received a confirmation email, so began to research the site. Right away we started freaking out after reading all the horrible reviews. We made a call the bank and try to cancel the transaction, as it was after hours for the company and we couldn’t get through. Our bank wasn’t able to cancel, but told us that if we were unable to cancel the order with the company, or any other problems with the transaction, they would be able to open a dispute for us and get our money back.

The next day my husband was able to get a hold of the company and they sent a confirmation email right away. Still, we had all the reviews we read in the back of our minds, and still weren’t too sure how this would turn out for us, but did take a gamble as we did read SOME good reviews. The shoes shipped within a day or 2 of placing the order. I’ve read other reviews that said the shoes they received were ‘Chinese knock-offs’, so I made sure to look up detailed photos of the shoe we ordered to compare when my order arrived, and my order actually shipped from Louisville, KY, so that also calmed our nerves.

The shoes arrived in the original Saucony box, and looked brand new. They are NOT knock offs. Aside from the anxiety from the bad reviews we read about the site/company, we had a VERY GOOD experience. We felt it was necessary to write this review, due to so many bad reviews that we did want to let other potential buyers know that the site is not all bad.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

Like many others on this review site, I had actually bought the shoes before checking the site if it was trustworthy or not and I was very afraid of what I was going to get. After I placed my order it took awhile for my confirmation email to send but when I got it, I realized I put the address in wrong. I was so stressed out and I tried to see if I could get UPS to correct the address since all the reviews said that the customer service was very bad. Ups told me that they couldn’t update the address for me so I called Shoes.com number hoping to be able to fix it. The lady on the phone was very helpful and understanding with me and she was able to change the address for me right away.

The shoes I got were actually Dr Martens for my friend last Christmas and I chose the write a review almost a year later because I remembered how bad the reviews were when I decided to buy a pair for myself. Despite all of the bad reviews here about the bad service and everything, I personally look here for cheaper prices before I buy from anywhere else and when my friend received his shoes, they were in perfect condition and he was really happy with them. Please give this site a try instead of reading all the bad reviews and decide not to. It could save an extra buck or two.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I am writing this review because I almost did not order the shoes from this website after reading poor reviews. The boots I was interested are normally $150 but they were 40% less on Shoes.com and they also had my size in the color I wanted. I think Amazon Prime has many people expecting too much. My timetable for ordering: ordered shoes on Tuesday morning by 8pm shipping confirmed via email with tracking. The shoes which were shipped ground for free took six days arriving on Monday of the following week. I was willing to take the chance that the size I ordered would work because their return policy clearly states a restocking fee will be charged. I don’t have to return as they are the right fit. I’m glad I took the chance as the color was not on sale or available in my size on any other well known shopping websites. Good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: June 4, 2020

I suggest everyone stay far away from this company. I purchased a pair of driving shoes and on the page I ordered from said the item was “In Stock” and also said order before a certain time and the item “ships same day”. I paid for the shoes 14 days ago and still no shoes. Called customer service and got a smart-mouth guy and after putting up with his attitude I asked for a supervisor. Supervisor came on and no apology, no empathy, no help. She blamed it all on COVID although their website still says “ships same day”. If their website would have said “due to COVID-19, delays can be expected” I would have no issues nor recourse however, the site says clearly “ships same day”. Bait and switch operation. I will never purchase from this company again nor recommend to anyone. I intend to continue to post about their very poor customer service.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I ordered 3 pair of shoes 3 months ago & I still HAVE NOT received them. I have contacted customer service & all they keep saying is they are in the mail. Again, 3 MONTHS AGO!!! They refuse to refund my money & at this point this is called STEALING!!!! All I want is my money back!!!!

Original review: March 8, 2020

I usually never write reviews but I feel it is necessary to give a warning to others. Shoes.com may have good deals on shoes BUT they have awful business practices. They shipped my shoes to the wrong address - it was THEIR fault - and then they would not refund my money. They offered me a discount code for another purchase! As if I would ever buy anything from them again? PLEASE do not purchase from them. It will not end well.

Original review: March 6, 2020

I ordered a pair of Sketchers and paid extra to have them shipped in two days because my purchase was a birthday gift. I order a full week and half in advance so I would be sure that I would get my order in time. I placed my order on March 2nd, which was a Monday. By Friday, March 6th, my order still was not shipped. I called Shoes.com and spoke to Marjorie, who very smugly and with as much rudeness as she could possible muster, told me that there was a mandatory 5 day processing time for Sketchers, and that just because I paid for 2 day shipping, that does not include the processing time. What??!!! So even if you pay for something to be shipped in two days, Shoes.com will basically sit on the order for 5 days REGARDLESS and then ship it when THEY want!!

That is the whole point in paying for expedited shipping, so that the order can be expedited and shipped according to the time the customer has PAID for it to be shipped. Since they want to ship things when they want to, instead of what the customer pays for, I asked for my expedited shipping costs back. I will NEVER do business with this place again. PLEASE BE AWARE OF CHOOSING EXPEDITED SHIPPING WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Resolution response: March 6, 2020

They finally did resolve my issue. I am grateful for this.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I purchased an expensive pair of shoes from this organization for my son for Christmas. He wore them less than an hour before realizing they are too tight. I went to return them and discovered that shoes.com charges a RESTOCKING FEE unless you buy another pair. So I bought another pair for my son and returned the first ones. Now shoes.com REFUSES to refund me after all, saying they were "worn" because he wore them less than an hour! DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE!

Shoes.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team