1.21/5
  • 1 star
Based on 171 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Shoes.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

575 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Be aware if you give someone a gift from shoes.com. They cannot exchange it for anything. They can only credit the money back to the original purchaser. In my case I now have a pair of $100 heels I have to donate to charity. They will not issue a gift card or anything. Even an exchange goes back to the gift giver.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Shoes.com is an on-line only mail order business. My first order, I received the wrong pair of shoes--wrong brand (Earth not Kalso), wrong size (size 5 not size 10) wrong color (black not white). I shipped the wrong shoes back and still have not received my refund (almost 2 weeks later). In the meantime, I placed a second order for the same pair of shoes and paid again. Today, I received my second order--wrong brand (Earth not Kalso), wrong size (size 5 not size 10), wrong color (black not white). I have to ship them back and hope I get the refund on both my first order and my second order.

So almost a month and almost $200 later, I still don't have the shoes I ordered and the company still has my money. After vociferous complaining, the company rep offered me a 30% discount on my 3rd try ordering the shoes should I decide to try again.(Please note--the site already has a 30% off sale, so not exactly a grand gesture). Unfortunately, this company is the only place I have been able to find these shoes otherwise, I would never have placed a second order. Not recommended and certainly not if you need shoes for an occasion--my experience is it'll take you several tries to get them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I ordered a pair of Ugg bedroom slippers and they were sent to an address I had over 4 years ago in another state but they got the billing address correct. Very rude and curt customer service rep who wasn't any help at all and told me I should have checked the confirmation which I did and the billing address was correct so I assumed the shipping was too. This is the second time this happened. She told me I had to have entered my old address. Nope that was the one they had on file which I have changed 3 times. Hopefully my bank will put my money back for I do not have the strength to deal with this company any longer!!! DO NOT BUY FROM SHOES.COM.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

Returned wrong size shoe, did not get a refund or email notice. Called and spoke to an operative in India that I couldn't understand and was given a bogus 800 number to call to explain problem. Wish I had had reviews before doing business with Shoes.com.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I have been a customer for a few years. This last purchase is my last. I purchased shoes, wore around house for 15 minutes. I knew then the shoes were not right size. I repackaged in all original packing. I was doing an exchange and to do this I had to repay for exchange. Well they would not accept shoes back. I was never refunded. Do not shop here. You're better off going to brick and mortar than here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased a pair of shoes for work - didn't fit - returned them, and now the company will not refund my money because I didn't have the right box, even though I sent a copy of my receipt and shipping label back with the shoes! Such a rip off. They offer no customer service whatsoever. Now I am stuck with a pair of shoes that don't fit. Any company that values its customers would want to keep them. I will not promote this company, nor will I ever purchase anything from them. Even their parent company, WalMart, treats their customers better.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Terrible customer service and do not expect to get a refund quick with this company. It’s been almost two weeks since they received the shoes back (unworn, new) and I’ve called 5 times and they still have yet to issue my refund for my returned shoes. There is no excuse, they received the shoes and could have resold them by now and still no refund!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

2 PAIRS OF SLIPPERS SIZE 9 - Shoes.com is a bogus company that sends defective merchandise to consumers. This company refuses to accept a return on the item, when they promised to notify me when the same item was available in a larger size, they did not notify me and refuse to take a return. I now have defective product with a sharp object protruding inside the slipper that scratch the side of my foot with no return option available. BUYER BEWARE. STAY AWAY FROM SHADY COMPANIES LIKE THIS. There seems to be no recourse against online companies such as this. They are disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

The site is very carefully detailed and extremely easy to use. I like the division of the shoe manufacturers and the type of shoe you are looking for. Receipt and return of an item is easy and quick. No charge for shipping.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We had originally planned to order my husband's shoes for work from Amazon. His are falling apart (literally there is a hole in the sole, and we are in the middle of the most bitterly cold weeks of winter thus far), and the shoes are available for Prime shipping. Except, the shipping was listed for nearly eight days! Honestly, what do I pay the Prime subscription for?

So, since we were going to have to wait standard shipping times for the shoes anyway, he decided to order them from Shoes.com and save ten dollars. But when he placed the order his spiff card was "declined." A card that we frequently use on other websites with no problem whatsoever, and which had over eighty dollars on it to buy a fifty dollar pair of shoes.

By this point, he was just agitated and went to a different website (I think he said it was the official Dockers website, at this point). When he tried to run the card this time, he was given an "insufficient funds" message. He knows there's money on it, but just to make sure he checks the balance... And finds a charge from Shoes.com. Funny, considering they'd "declined" it in the first place.

Two days later, and the charge is still there. So, I call shoes.com customer service, and while the agent I spoke to was very courteous, I'm still very dissatisfied with what happened. "It looks like there was an error processing the order," he told me. "The fifty dollars is a hold on your account until the order goes through." So in other words, the hold is there until the order charge takes its place. For which, you probably need DOUBLE the amount in the account. Nice. Real nice... So when the order didn't go through, that hold never got the signal to get OUT of there. So the agent tells me he's going to notify the billing department to remove the hold. "Can't I just...you know, BUY the shoes?" Get this: He can't push the order through at all. NOPE! Not in ANY WAY! Well, fine. That's fine. I'll just sit here with my thumb up my butt until the money comes back, and then we'll just order them from Amazon like we should have done in the first place.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I placed an order on December 16 with guaranteed delivery by Christmas. The following day I received a "shipping confirmation". The confirmation had a link to purportedly track the shipment. The link had no tracking number and the only information provided was that "a shipping label was created." A week later I had not received the order and there was no indication that the item had ever been handed over to a shipper. I emailed customer service on December 21 and received no response. I ultimately called customer service, got a representative with a heavy foreign accent and never received a satisfactory explanation as to what happened with my order.

I had to cancel because customer service had no idea about the shipment or if I would ever get it, despite that a shipping label was created, presumably to allow them to charge my credit card and receive payment. I subsequently emailed customer service to complain and again got no response whatsoever. I consider this a disreputable business that accepted an order that it had no immediate prospect of fulfilling.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Initially, they said they had no order. When I checked online. I researched their company online, and saw multiple allegations of fraud and poor customer service. Though they never acknowledged an order, I told them to be sure not to send anything. 6 days later, after I'd done this, they send, "Yay, your order has shipped." It was still there, per online tracking, so again I told them I did not have an order with them and that I'd instructed my bank not to pay for anything from them... Despite that, they shipped it. I called UPS to not continue bringing it. They said they couldn't do anything, and for me to contact the company to intercept it. I did. They didn't.

I've done all this by email, as no one answers customer service, and they specifically stated to contact them by email if we couldn't reach them. UPS put a note that this delivery must be signed for to prevent it from being left after the company 1) Sent it and 2) then refused to intercept it. Stay away from this company. They should be fined, or closed down for poor and fraudulent business practices based on my and many others' reported experiences.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I ordered on Dec 15th a pair of Timber; and boots for my son. I paid for 3 day shipping as they were to be a Christmas gift. They did not come in time for Christmas, nor have they come at all. Tracking says they were received on 12/26 but they did not. I have called and emailed this company 3 times, 3 emails, 3 calls and no one answers and there are no responses to my emails. DO NOT BUY from this company!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Don’t shop here. Go to another website like Zappos. I received shoes for Christmas which arrived in a damaged box. I was giving these shoes as a Christmas present and it was the most embarrassing thing. I contacted customer service and she told me to file a claim with United States Post Office. I said, "I am the customer. You were the person who sent them to me. You should be doing it." She said, "Send us an email and will look into it. " The email say the same thing she did. Please contact the United States Post Office to file a claim. I called them back again and they said, "Oh well nothing we can do." I send them pictures of the box. I sent the pictures of the shoes that were torn and they do not care! Stay away from SHOES.COM.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com. Their website states Free shipping & Free Returns. The shoes didn't fit and when I called to return them I was told that there is a $6.50 re-stocking fee, and shipping charges on the replacement. Wanted to speak to a manager and after being left on hold forever I hung up. This company is HORRIBLE!!! What a nightmare experience.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Contacted this useless company and told them I did not get my slippers. UPS said they delivered them, yes but to where? They said they would get back to me, never did. Escalated problem with PayPal, they sided with Shoes.com. I had other deliveries that week, so no one took them off the stoop like Shoes.com is saying. I lost money because the UPS guy delivered them to wrong house! No big deal now, Shoes.com is off of my list of online stores. I will shop at OnlineShoes.com now and many other places. Congrats Shoes.com, you lost another customer.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I placed an order on Dec. 16 with a 3 day shipping fee. Received a confirmation email on December 19 stating it was on its way. I did not receive my product until Dec 26. Spoke with a rep who was very curt and rude. She hung up on me while I was waiting for a supervisor. I called back again and got hung up on again. I will never use this company again and will spread the word for others not to use them as well.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We bought a pair of $150 Uggs for my daughter for Christmas; the size turned out to be too small, but the box had been discarded with other items. They would not even consider allowing an exchange, even if I bought the second pair outright and returned the first in the new box. So we have a brand new, completely useless pair of Uggs. All they would say is "I understand this is frustrating for you, but this is our policy." I can't recall running into this kind of inflexibility with any other vendors.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I ordered shoes for a Christmas gift on December 17 and selected UPS Select 3 day shipping, they were shipped out the same day. I got notified that the shoes will be delivered on December 27! They responded that it was UPS's fault.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Placed an order on 12/16/2017. This is supposed to be a Christmas gift for my son. I was promised free expedited shipping. Just found out my order won't be arriving until 12/27. That's 11 days. Their customer service is rude and unhelpful. Their Facebook page is all complaints. I can't seem to find not one happy customer. I just hope and pray nothing is wrong with my order because it doesn't seem like they respond to email or can provide a return shipping labels.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Charged and never received the item. I bought the shoes on Dec 9th. Was told they shipped on Dec 14th and told it was not in stock on Dec 20th 5 days before Xmas. This has been such a letdown. Never been treated like this before. I was lied to on 5 separate phone calls. How does a company do this?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I bought shoes online. After receiving them I tried to exchange for a different size. On their website they had no record of my buying the shoes or the order number. Then I tried calling their service department. I was put on hold for a long time until I finally hung up.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

On November 29th I ordered two pairs of shoes. I received confirmation that they had shipped and a UPS tracking number on Dec 2. My account was charged on the 3rd. Nearly 2 weeks later the shoes still have not shipped, and customer service tells me that they will refund my money after the shoes are returned to their warehouse. How can shoes that have not been shipped be RETURNED? It's time that the Federal Trade Commission looked into this pattern of violations of their rules for online sales.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Sent back 2 pair of ankle boot, 1 was an exchange and the other a refund. Since they were 2 different types of returns I couldn’t send them back in original box. Sent them back in the shoe boxes with appropriate labels, but they stated they were damaged and refused refund. When I called them and spoke to a rude customer service rep. and then her ruder supervisor I was told that because the shoe boxes were “damaged” they couldn’t accept them for a refund and exchange. The damage must have been the labels and tape and some UPS dirt on them. The supervisor said even though the boots were okay that people expect “pristine” shoe boxes. Huh? Who cares about the shoeboxes if the shoes are fine? I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I ordered a pair of Sketchers Sneakers, never a good idea to order new shoe brands online. They arrived. No return label. I tried them on right away. They didn’t fit. I called Shoes.com. They said they no longer add the return label in the box with the shoes and they have to email or send you the label. I asked them to mail me the label (no printer). It’s been a month. I called them back to say I haven’t received my label. Then some smart mouth girl says they have sent it, but they will send it again! Please! There are too many places to buy shoes now and most stores have great sales. I'm sticking to buying things at stores where I can return things If I have to and try things on. The last thing any of us need to do is spend our money to support terrible business practices.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

On November 27th I purchased a pair of BearPaw Abigail Boots for my niece as a Christmas gift. I received an order confirmation that day, however after over a week, I never received a notification that my order had shipped. So I logged on to Shoes.com only to discover that it said my order was cancelled. I sent an email to the company and received a response the next day stating that they were out of that particular boot. Okay, well that's all fine. But why did I not receive an email or someone contact me to let me know? I then had to search elsewhere to find a pair of these boots. Poor customer service!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I ordered a pair of shoes on 11.27.17 and on Dec 11 still hadn't received a shipping confirmation. Called Shoes.com and they stated my order was cancelled on 11.29 due to the product being sold out. They still billed my card and never let me know that the order was cancelled. I'm now having to dispute the charge in order to get my money back for a cancelled order. WTF!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Went with Shoes.com to purchase Timberlands for my daughter. Great price overall but had I known I would run into issues with the company, I would have paid the extra $70 to get it somewhere else. I placed an order the weekend of Dec 5th. My card was declined due to the bank flagging as possible fraudulent charge. But the money comes out anyways. I called the company to see if I was still getting the shoes I ordered. They said that they had nothing showing that they received any money from me and I should call my bank.

So I call my bank and get the authorization code used to pull the money from my checking and the exact date and time the money came out. I called Shoes.com back and they still denied receiving money from me. So I gave them the authorization code and the exact time the money was taken from me then the lady puts me on hold. A few minutes later she comes back on and tells me my money will be deposited back in 1 to 2 business days. Funny how they magically found my money when I gave them the code that they used to take it from my account. If I could rate this company with negative stars, I would in a heartbeat. I am all for second chances, but not when it comes to my hard earned money.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

This company needs to be put out of business. We ordered a pair of slippers. They advertise "free shipping." Not really. We sent the slippers back to exchange for another size. They deduct 6.95 from the return as a "restocking fee." Disgrace. We got the new slippers, they were defective and still didn't fit right. My husband tried them on, stood up, took a few steps, then we sent them back. THEY SENT THEM BACK TO US SAYING THEY WERE WORN and couldn't be sold as new. The label on the sole slipped a little. I saw a tiny piece of fuzz stuck to the label. THAT IS IT. STAY AWAY. I will do a chargeback on AMEX and hope for the best.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I ordered a pair of shoes and they were too large so when I called them back to order a different size they said they would not be getting that in. They said they would refund my money only for the shoes but charge a restocking fee of $6.95 which was not documented on my order if I had to return them. Don't buy anything from this company.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.shoes.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use