Shoes.com

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I rarely take time to pass along valuable information to consumers, but I feel compelled to do so now. I had never ordered from this company before, and failing to research their ratings, I made the mistake of ordering some shoes from them. (I have ordered from 6pm.com countless times, so I figured that Shoes.com was a reputable company as well. MY bad!!) The shoes I ordered were name brand shoes, known for their comfort in helping those of us with feet issues. The price seemed good, so I ordered 2 pair of shoes. When I received them, I determined that the shoes were clearly defective/not true to size. (With labels like this, I immediately thought they were NOT genuine name brand products, as these 2 companies have a reputation to uphold.)

I called Shoes.com and asked for a return label, as well as a FULL REFUND, since they had sent me defective, counterfeit products. They refused to return my shipping costs... AND on top of that, they charged me RESTOCKING FEES! This is criminal, and I have no idea how this scam company hasn't been removed by the Consumer Protection Agency. They don't do their job in protecting consumers from the millions of scammers out there. With all of these other bad reports about Shoes.com (on this site, AND other sites), something surely should have been done by now... but since that is unlikely, I AM HERE TO WARN CONSUMERS, NOT TO BUY FROM SHOES.COM. This is a total scam website. I hope this reaches many others. I do not wish to leave either my order number or receipt, as I don't want to subject anything personal that can be used by hackers. Just take me on my word, consumers!!

You have to use this company's customer service department to open a gone-missing delivery. THEY contact UPS and UPS calls customer and IF you miss the phone call, it is assumed you don't want to open the case and you start all over again with the process. WHAT kind of service is that? I wish I had read this site and the reviews before I ordered. Bad service, bad all the way around. Their delivery time is just disgusting along with an attitude from customer service.

Received 5 pairs ordered, as requested. Son did not like 3, so called in, while on computer, doing exchange. Had 1st person on Phone and this is how it went: Wanted to exchange to avoid the $7 dollar 'restock' charge. Total credit / exchange for $237.94. First Call: On phone with lady, I can see my order, with option to exchange on website - but I'm on phone to make sure correct exchange. She did something on her end while on phone, and I could not process the exchange on line. She says, "You have to pay for new order to exchange!” I say, "What?! You just locked me out of my own exchange. No, I will not pay again, when I am exchanging." She says, “Oh, OK, I will take the new order, when we receive all 3 pairs, we will ship out exchange."

Gave her the items with codes and all description as appeared on site. She emailed 3 labels for 3 pairs. I informed will send all in one box, she replied, "Place only one label on box." Almost 2 hours on phone. 7/5/17 week later called as informed on 1st call. Spoke with Brian, check tomorrow, products not in. 7/6/17 spoke with Cary, informed I received one email, with one product return. She said waiting for 2 others, I informed, they all shipped together, and placed one label, other 2 inside box as instructed. She put me on hold and came back to say all 3 received.

Have to wait 1-10 days for credit and no charge for restocking will be applied as I requested exchange. Expect 3-5 days for emails with credits to be received. Almost 2 hours on phone. 7/7/17 spoke with Regina. This is where it really gets hipped on the scheme. Received 3 emails and one charge with restocking fee $6.95. Asked why charged fee? Exchange items 2 'out of stock' and '1 unavailable'. What does Unavailable even mean? Put on hold. Comes back and she said, "Well, it seems we can ship the 'unavailable' item to reimburse the restocking fee but you have to pay again." 'Why? You have received the return 3 items, and I have no credit on my credit card." She again repeats the names of 'out of stock' and I said, I requested exactly that model. “Oh notes show different color." But you have to give your card to place the order as the credit is in process and we can void the restocking fee.

So, they did not place the exchange as requested. They had 3 items returned. They charged me the restocking fee, even though I was told I would not be charged. Requested exchange, and it was not done. 2 hours on phone. Overall, I was polite, patient and laughed, and because of that, they were polite, but it is a scam. As principal, I am disputing the restocking fee with my CC, but the fact that 1st person did not allow me to do exchange to recharge me for new items; that 'all items' requested 'out of stock' and 'unavailable' to send exchange and then say, oh yes we can, you have to pay again, and all the time on phone.

Save yourself the headache. Not worth it, and the shoes where not cheap, I ended buying all 5 because one happened to be on sale. If you want same shoes, at same price elsewhere, avoid this company at all means. The biggest rip off scheme, take into account, $6.95 x 5,000 people being scammed to buy in a day in the country = they make $34,750 a day on restocking scheme. As I told Regina before hanging up, “You lost a good customer, as you see I spent over $300 dollars in one purchase, as most purchases I do online for convenience and save drive time, for a $6.95 charge and exchange scheme. Shoes.com must be making great money out of this rip-off scheme."

It is unfortunate as a first time user/customer of shoes.com that I would have to write a very dissatisfied review. I purchased a pair of Dansko Helen Sneakers for my mom as a gift on June 13, 2017. I expected the shoes to take longer than 5 business days, and possibly 10-14, but not anything more than that. After 10 days, June 23, 2017, I called 844-200-8414 and the representative provided me with the disclaimer that since the package is getting shipped to a P.O. Box that it would take a little longer than 5 days.

After a few more days have passed, I tried tracking the package through the link provided in my email but I received an error. I knew it worked before because I checked the shipping status before making my first inquiry over the phone. I thought, it is possible that the website is going under development or something technical that will be resolved by the next day.

I tried tracking the package again the following day and the same error occurred. I called 888-200-8414 to inquire about the status of the package on June 27, 2017. The gentleman I spoke to also had the same issue I did but somehow he was able to provide me with an update that it was last scanned in Illinois. I then shared my frustration of the process and asked how long it would be before the shipment makes it to my mother and he told me no later than July 5, 2017. I asked to speak with his supervisor and he said she was in a meeting but he'd have a supervisor call me. Gloria called a few hours after and left a voicemail. I didn't get a chance to call her back, hoping by July 5th the package would arrive and all would be well. Before we got off the phone, I mentioned I really wanted her to have it before the 4th of July and it reassured me The package will make it by July 5th.

Today is July 6, 2017, and the package has not been shipped to the P.O. Box. Today's inquiry, I spent more than an hour on the phone, of which the first representative had me on hold close to 20 minutes trying to find a supervisor. The lady told me my package was delivered and should have received it June 22, 2017. I briefed her of my correspondence for the last few weeks and all she can provide me was the delivery date that was not accurate. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold numerous times. I believe I asked to speak with her supervisor 4 times before finally getting through to a supervisor.

I was then connected with Mrs. **, Customer Service, Supervisor in Boston, MA. During our interaction she started polite and professional. However, the more questions I asked and providing her details of each interaction I've had such as everyone I have had interactions with each has provided a different story and timeline, the more impatient she was getting.

From my understanding of how she explained the delivery/shipment process is that my order was last scanned in Illinois on June 22, 2017 by shoes.com's carrier UPS. Since the shipping address is to a P.O. Box it has been turned over to USPS... which at the point, Customer Service cannot provide any details of the tracking status because it's not the organization's carrier.

She suggested that I reach out to the local USPS and track the package myself. *As a customer, I strongly do not agree that I should follow up and track a purchase through a different portal/Organization. I recommended that she or the process that is currently at place should research where my purchase is and provide me with a follow up. As a customer, I am already frustrated and have been on the phone with shoes.com for over the allotted time I anticipated and now I am being directed to do more Research on a purchase I made over 3 weeks ago.*

She also stressed that shoes.com mentions that shipments to a P.O. Box takes longer than physical addresses. She mentioned P.O. Box shipments take an additional 10-14 days. *I fully understand as this was a disclaimer I read when I purchased the item... however, I never read a disclaimer with specific timeframes for delivering to a P.O. Box. If I would have known it'd take up to 2 weeks (in this case it's been more than 3 and still don't have it) I could have easily purchased the Dansko's at a store and ship it myself! The issue I have is that I was reassured that I would receive the package no later than July 5, 2017.

I asked her to send me an email with the tracking information, any process or steps I need to do to find my package since Shoes.com will not. She committed to sending it to me within and hour of disconnecting and it's past an hour and I do not have the email. I also recommended that the gentleman who provided me with incorrect dates about my package arriving no later than July 5th would be properly trained. Mrs. ** said she'd give me a follow call sometime after 12 p.m. EST on Saturday, July 8, 2017.

Yesterday I ordered a pair of Skechers shoes from Shoes.com. I read the info about how it could take up to a week to receive my order unless I chose express delivery. So I paid $20 extra for express delivery which is supposed to get here today. I was curious to find out what time today I was scheduled to receive my shoes so I called Shoes.com. When I called I was instructed to press 0 for a representative. So I did. A man who couldn't speak English very well answered. When I asked him when I could expect my order today he hung up on me. So I called back.

This time I got a girl who asked me for my order number which I gave. I asked her what time today I would get my item. She referred me to the small print which clearly states express delivery, which I paid for, would not take the wait. So I said I paid for express delivery. She didn't say anything. So I asked her if I could get my money back for next day delivery and she hung up! This so called company should be closed down. If anyone out there reading this wants to go into a class action suit, contact me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

I have never written a negative review on the internet -- I don't like negativity -- but I feel compelled to this time because I was just treated so badly by the Shoes.com customer service department. Paid an extra $20 for 1-day shipping, but shoes are slated to take at least 4 days to get to me -- and customer service rudely told me that shoes take a few days to "process," so even if I ordered 1-day shipping, I was unreasonable to expect them to get to me in 1 or 2 days. Didn't I read the website, explaining processing time, they told me condescendingly... When I asked for refund on $20 shipping fee, they were real **. I have never been treated so badly by a shoe customer service department! Stupid on their part to lose a customer over $20. They could have just apologized and refunded that shipping fee. Instead they put me on hold, cut me off, said that no manager was available to speak to me about it, etc. This is no way to run a business.

My wife and I bought 3 pairs of flip flops from Shoes.com and all three were wrong! We tried to call customer service, which reps were all rude and disrespectful. They were unwilling to waive the 6.99 restocking fee for EACH ITEM as per policy. So we had to find another product online to exchange for the product. We finally found a Patagonia jacket to make an exchange for to avoid the ridiculous restocking fee; however, when we finally received a call from the manager the following day, all Patagonia products were temporarily removed (HOW CONVENIENT).

Long story short, this is by far the worst customer service/retail experience my wife and I have ever experienced in our 30 years of existence. If you happen to find this post, please realize that we never leave comments so take this post seriously when considering Shoes.com. Supervisor Gloria or manager Steve was not willing to help or accommodate at all. They were very rude and short with my wife and were the most disrespectful customer service reps we have ever dealt with. ZAPPOS is WAAAY BETTER!

Since the change from shoebuy.com to Shoes.com now they charge $6.95 for a restocking fee when it used to be free shipping and returns. I bought A LOT of my shoes at shoebuy.com because I'm a different shoe size depending on how the shoe is made. I'd buy the shoes in two different sizes and return the one that didn't fit. Looks like it's back to the bricks and mortar stores where I can actually try the shoes on. IMO, it's bad business practice to not post on the main web page that they now charge a restocking fee, but I guess like most companies shoes.com is greedy for gain and screw the customers. Won't be buying from them again, nor would I recommend them. Sad because I used to always give Shoebuy.com the highest rating.

The sight advertises free shipping and free returns but doesn't tell you upfront that you will be charged a $6.95 restocking fee! Yes it's there if you go to read the return policy, but who thinks to do that when it says free returns! So after getting stung once I will not be buying shoes from them again!

I ordered and paid $75 for a pair of size 13 Rockport shoes but Shoes.com sent me size 12. When I tried to return them Shoes.com said I was 1 day late and they would not accept them, even if THEY sent me the wrong size! So I donated that pair to the Salvation Army and bought a new pair at the Rockport store for only $60! They beat me for $75 plus my $12 shipping to return them. They are a bad business.

I was literally ten second away from clicking the "place order" tab. I opted to look up and read the reviews. This said, I completely changed my mind. I do not have time to deal with issues on 300+ dollar order and frankly I am unwilling to risk my hard earned money especially after reading some of what is written. I typically order from another on-line vendor and have never had bad luck however; they have been out stock on the dress shoes I order about every 3 months! Once again, thank you all for making consumers aware of the issues you have had to deal with. Perhaps one day the retailers will get it, Bad Reviews actually do count and impact your sales! something.

Don't waste your time here. They are scammers. I paid for next day delivery but shoes arrived 3 days later. No longer needed the boots, so I called for a full refund. Arguing with them for an hour to get my shipping charges back. They said it was shipped the next day but it was supposed to be shipped the same day to arrive the next day. Made order before cutoff time. They finally said ok on return shipping. Now, I know there was a restocking fee but the whole mistake of me no longer needing these shoes was on them. So, why should I pay a restocking fee?

I understand if I got them in time & I just did not like them but they did not even arrive on time. Argued again for a while, but they acted like they already did me a favor by refunding the shipping. The worst customer service. Just go to Amazon & avoid this headache! + when I saw the refund on my cc, they did not even refund the shipping!!! Just called again to make sure they do that. We will see in 3-5 days! Will NEVER shop here again and recommend as the worst shoe company to buy from.

I placed an order on 5/10, and the UPS showed that they were delivered on 5/15, while I did not received the shoes at all. I called the customer service right away, and they said the investigation is going to take 10-15 business days. I then called UPS and filed the claim, UPS said that they will contact the seller to open the claim. And one week after that, I called Shoes.com again and they asked me to wait and then I asked to talk to a supervisor, after waiting for long minutes, they dropped me and when I called again, they said they will have someone call me. And I waited for another week, they did not call and today 6/8, when I call them, they told me to wait!!

They already took my money one month ago, yet they do not want to do anything but kept using the same excuse. I have been purchasing online a lot, this is the worst experience I ever had! If you can buy and pay for the shoes and not expect to receive them in a month, then you can shop with this seller, otherwise, STAY AWAY!!! VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

I returned 3 pairs of briefs that were too small. Shoes.com didn't have a large. I returned them and was charged a restocking charge of $6.95 per pair. I have never been charged a restocking fee from an online retailer!!! They have lost my business!!!

I have purchased shoes from Shoebuy for many years, I recently bought 1 pair of men's shoes that we ugly is the only word I can use. They had a composite safety toe that made the shoe look really industrial. So, I immediately returned the shoes. At that time I was informed that Shoebuy was sold to Walmart or Jet? And was no longer the same company. I found that they now charge a restocking fee for all/any returns, of $6.95. When I found this I complained that this was very misleading and had I known this I would never have bought any more shoes there because since you cannot try on the shoes when you buy online you must be able to return without being charged. Please do not be deceived, this is not the old Shoebuy which gave NO RESTOCKING CHARGE. Save yourself the grief, go to Zappos/Amazon, Amazon has much better customer service, better prices and more selection.

I placed an order for some boots on Shoes.com this morning and realized I accidentally ordered the wrong ones. I called them not even 5 minutes after I placed the order to cancel because on their website it says you can cancel by calling them. The woman I talked to said I could not cancel my order and that I just have to receive the boots and then PAY A FEE TO RETURN THEM. Why waste so much time and resources to send them when they can just cancel my order and not send them at all? Very very poor customer service!!!

I place an order Friday, I paid extra for expedited shipping 3 days later still in process. I started calling on Sunday "where are the shoes and why haven't they been shipped." They told me still in process... why did I pay for the expedited for... ask to cancel my order, they told me wasn't a guarantee that they can cancel my order. I should have stuck with Amazon... I am leaving out of town... by Monday of next week and still may not get my shoes on time... I'm not happy... Believe me when I tell you... Order from Amazon... Stick with Amazon. I tried saving a little extra cash... Sometimes it's just best to pay. At least you know Amazon keeps their delivery promises. Stay Far away from this company...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER order from here. I purchased 2 pairs of sneaker for my mother for Mother's Day. I paid for expedited two day shipping. The sneakers came 7 days later... Well past Mother's Day. Since they didn't arrive, I had to go out and buy two more pairs. I called Shoes.com to return them when I was told that I would be charged a $6.95 per item to return them but if I were to exchange them, I wouldn't be charged the fee. I told them to exchange them for a different size.

A few days after sending them back in I received an email stating that they received my RETURN and I will be refunded the purchase price minus the two restocking fees. I emailed them back and they said that a exchange wasn't processed so I have to call, once again, to get that processed. I called and they said they would process and refund the restocking fee and I would get a email stating this. No email... Yet another call. They had no information regarding my exchange. I now wait, once again, to receive the confirmation email but definitely not too hopeful.

I ordered a pair of shoes in a size based on their recommendations even though the size was too large. When I received them, I tried them on, walked around my house and decided I wanted a smaller size. So I went online to process the exchange, ordered another pair in the smaller size and actually decided to order a second pair along with that spending over $200 (which they charged my account for immediately even before I had been credited for the exchange). The same day I delivered the shoes to be exchange to UPS. I received the 2 other pairs and they fit fine.

Now today I receive a UPS tracking number in my email from Shoes.com saying I have a package being delivered tomorrow. So I called them today and they said that I am unable to return the shoes that I was exchanging because I wore them. I wore them in my house to try them on which apparently you can't do because now they are not accepting them back and sending them to me!!! So now I am out $300!! I will make sure everyone I know does not buy from this company!!

Ordered a few pair of shoes for myself and hubby. One of the pairs for hubby was a bit big, so I called customer service they suggested I order a half size smaller and when I returned the larger pair I would get a full refund with no restocking charge. Well received the smaller size and they were too small, hubby said he would keep the first pair. I called for a return label and was told because I was returning the smaller size that was ordered after the original order I would have to pay a restocking charge. I asked to speak to supervisor, someone called me back said her name was ToniAnn, who knows who I was really speaking to? I was told "No", you must pay restocking charge. I said I have been a customer since 2013 it didn't make a difference. They are an ok company as long as you DO NOT RETURN ANYTHING! I'm sending the shoes back, but I'll order from a company that offers free shipping and returns. Very disappointed in the company!

UPS delivered my shoes.com order when I was not home. The shoes were stolen from the front porch before I returned. Customer Service at shoes.com informed me they will not refund my money and will not send a replacement because the shoes were delivered. (A Land's End order was also stolen that day but Land's End immediately resent the order at no charge to me. Clearly, the policy at shoes.com is not the industry standard.) I do not recommend shopping at shoes.com unless you have a secure way to take delivery. Otherwise, you will be robbed twice like I was - once by a thief and again by shoes.com.

Placed order on website 7:30 am on a Monday. Website says when placing order before 9 am EST, will ship same day. 36 hrs later receive email saying no changes can be made and will soon be shipping. No one contacted me about delay, if they had I probably would have cancelled. Called customer service, (in another country) requesting explanation. Apparently shoe companies have delays in shipping, but no one bothers to tell you. A little leary after reading reviews here, what may happen if they do not fit. I have purchased from them a few years ago with no problem... this seems like a totally different company.

NEVER EVER shop Shoes.com. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I am a pretty calm person, but they have unleashed this consumer's anger. They will not return a pair of shoes my husband bought ($163) because the box was damaged. NOT THE SHOES. The manager was so rude blaming me the customer, because I didn't tell them the box came damaged so they won't return them. I DIDN'T DAMAGE IT! I received it that way. They are rude, not customer focused and I hope NO one does business with Shoes.com. I told them I was going to let others know what a terrible company and she didn't care. So here I go.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE. I received an enticing ad via email and placed an order for 2 pairs of shoes on January 27, 2017. After a week, nothing came. I went to check the status of my order, website is gone. Customer service # just rings. I don't care about the shoes but now some entity has enough info for identity theft. I have American Express on alert but I will likely have to replace that card.

I don't know what happened to this company. I had never experienced such poor customer service like this in this company or any other in the past. Placed a order for sneakers and as soon as I hit the send button I realized I had the wrong shipping address. Immediately sent Shoes.com a email informing to cancel my order. Within a few hours my order was being shipped! Called the next morning. Answering machine said I was third in line. On hold for a hour. Finally left my number for them to call me back when my turn came up. Never a call back! Try to get on their website and I get an error page. Keep trying to call and the number is not in service. Many, many attempts to contact Shoes.com to no avail. Put a dispute with my credit card company.

I returned a pair of shoes 3 weeks ago. Still no refund and for two days their website has been down. I sent a return to the UK the same day and received my credit a week ago (different company). I will give it one more week and will then submit it to my bank. They will credit my account if the company doesn't respond and if they do respond it will likely cue the company to credit my account. This is not a typical experience with online shopping. Very disappointed (and a little nervous their website is down).

Because of your blatant anti-Trump hatred, we will no longer be shopping at Shoes.com. Your claim that dropping Ivanka Trump's line was strictly a business decision is transparently ludicrous. Trying to harm children of a President in any way simply because you hate their parent demonstrates your total lack of fair play and also demonstrates the total hypocrisy of your claims to be inclusive.

RIPPED OFF? I have been trying to return an expensive pair of shoes ordered 1/21/17 for 2 weeks. There is no more SHOES.COM or ONLINESHOES.COM website, there is no more "Customer Service" phone access. No response to emails. Someone needs to investigate this company immediately.

I have yet to receive the order I placed in 1/26/17. I have attempted numerous times to contact customer service but the phone number is no longer valid and website comes back as internal error. I am afraid I am out the money they have already taken from my account. These boots were for my husband's birthday celebration this weekend, what a bummer.

I ordered 4 pairs of shoes from Shoes.com on 1/24/17. They arrived around 1/30. 2 pairs didn't fit. I tried to call the 888-233-6743 and 778-372-3388 to get return label. I was told I was #26 on the list, and they would call me back. They never did. I also tried to download a return label from site. No luck. I attempted again two more times the last being 2/1/17. Is there anything I can do? Thank you.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.
  • Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.
  • Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.
  • Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.
  • Best for Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online