1.29/5

791 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Was looking at chacos at REI and decided to shop around for the same shoes I tried on in the store. Saw Shoes.com had a coupon code and so the price would be $30 less than at REI. Bought the shoes. Then I got curious, because I’d never heard of Shoes.com, so I looked them up on Google. The reviews had me all kinds of worried. The shipping was slow, but ultimately the right pair of shoes arrived, no damage to the box and no issues with the shoes. Would definitely recommend trying on a pair of shoes in a physical store before buying them from an online store that doesn’t do 100% free returns. Shoes.com does not do free returns since you have to pay a “restocking fee”. So we got lucky.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a pair of Dr. Martens from this website before reading the reviews, and after I read them I was TERRIFIED. Fortunately, my shoes arrived in the mail in a timely manner in the right size, style, and perfect condition. I am perfectly satisfied with my purchase, and I got a HUGE discount. Most of the negative reviews I have seen deal with returns gone wrong or wrong sizing which may be due to the fact that the website asks for your UK shoe size which is two sizes smaller. Moral of the story, if you want a good discount and are confident that you won't want to return the shoes you order you should totally order from this website. Just pay very close attention to what shoe size it's asking for and don't try to return anything lol.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Many people only come to these sites to complain. I on the other hand have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. Great prices, great selection, great fit, fast shipping, tons of discounts and I promise you will have a hard time beating the prices. Most of the complaints I read were about returning shoes. These are probably the same people that drink a half gallon of milk then decide to return it for their money back. If you do your homework research the type of shoe, know your shoe size, you shouldn’t have a problem at all. I hope those helps, overall a great company to buy from.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes from here for my daughter for Christmas. They were Vans, and the price was like $20 cheaper than everywhere else. When I placed my order, I did not get any email confirmation. I googled the company, saw all these terrible reviews and started to panic! I called the customer service line, they found my order and immediately sent the email confirmation. Shoes arrived, they were perfect. Turned out to be too big, but that wasn't the fault of Shoes.com. I had to return the shoes. (And by the time Christmas was over, they no longer had that shoe, so I couldn't get it in the smaller size - luckily I did find it in a store, so daughter was happy!)

I was again super worried having read all the bad reviews about returns. I put the shoes back into their shoebox, and put that box inside of a larger cardboard box, adding a little crumpled newspaper to keep everything protected. Got the return label from them. I don't object to the $6.95 restocking fee because they provide you with a return label so you're not paying the shipping. Most companies (except maybe Zappos) don't give you a prepaid return label.

Anyway, I tracked the package with its UPS tracking number and it took over a week to arrive. Once arrived, I did not receive any notification so after a couple of days I called. Customer service told me that from when they receive the item back it takes 3-5 days to process the return. Within that time period I got an email from them confirming the return, and today I got notification from my credit card company of the credit. Customer service was perfectly pleasant and helpful both times I called. I write all these details just to let folks know that it CAN work out great. I was SOOOO worried, but had zero problems with my order.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I am writing this review because I almost did not order the shoes from this website after reading poor reviews. The boots I was interested are normally $150 but they were 40% less on Shoes.com and they also had my size in the color I wanted. I think Amazon Prime has many people expecting too much. My timetable for ordering: ordered shoes on Tuesday morning by 8pm shipping confirmed via email with tracking. The shoes which were shipped ground for free took six days arriving on Monday of the following week. I was willing to take the chance that the size I ordered would work because their return policy clearly states a restocking fee will be charged. I don’t have to return as they are the right fit. I’m glad I took the chance as the color was not on sale or available in my size on any other well known shopping websites. Good experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: July 27, 2019

I purchased a pair of Steve Madden sandals on shoes.com because they were the best price. Upon receiving them, I tried them on for 30 seconds and hated the way they looked so took them off immediately. I shipped them back and waited for the credit to appear on my credit card. Instead of a credit, to my complete and utter shock, shoes.com shipped the same shoes back to me with hand-written note claiming the shoes were worn, not in condition to resell and unreturnable. They are literally in perfect condition. Not one scuff, mark, dirt or sign of wear. They claim the soles look dirty. Maybe my kitchen floor isn't the cleanest, showing the most slightest sign of walking around for 30 seconds but they were obviously not worn outdoors. It is appalling the company would accuse me of wearing and trying to return. They must be having trouble selling these shoes so they're trying to punish an honest consumer. Very offensive and upsetting.

Original review: July 31, 2019

I ordered shoes on June 27th - it is now July 31st and I was told that the order was abandoned at UPS - and that I would need to pay $67 to get the order sent to me. When I asked for a refund, I was told that this wasn't possible because the order was abandoned. I did not receive a notice from UPS, I did not receive a call, so I now I will lose my money for these shoes, because I will not pay $67 more dollars for a delivery that should have happened weeks ago and it was not my fault in any way that the package wasn't delivered to my address. PLEASE DO NOT order from Shoes.com - it is not set up to respond to you and when and if your order goes missing, you will not get a refund, even if it was not your fault. PLEASE DON'T order from shoes.com - I didn't get my shoes and I lost the amount that I paid for them. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING and the worst experience I've had with online shopping. BEWARE.... the same thing could happen to you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

I just lost $100 in two pair of shoes that I can't no longer use. After the first wear it gave me blisters. I called customer service and they told me that it can't be returned because they were already used. No wonder this shoes are cheaper than retail. My advice will be to stay away from this website. My mistake was not to read reviews before the purchase.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes and they were delivered 10 days later. The shoes were too large and I asked to exchange the shoes for the same, but smaller size. I shipped the shoes back and received a credit. The smaller shoes did not ship for another 10 days and I asked that they be sent to my other house since I would no longer be at the vacation house. They refused, so since the total transaction was now just about 3 weeks, and vacation is over, and I am back to work, I can only guess that UPS left the shoes on the porch of our vacation house. Maybe we will go there for Thanksgiving. This company takes too long to process orders. Amazon has spoiled us with one or two day delivery. I WILL NEVER shop at shoes.com again

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Don't be fooled. At first, I was very happy with shoes.com. The website is easy to use on mobile and PC, ordering is streamlined and simple, and the return policy is posted plainly for all to see. They also run sales all the time, which I liked. I initially purchased 2 pairs: sandals and flip flops. The sandals fit perfectly while the flip flops were made with such a small strap that I'm convinced it is defective. I could not fit it on my feet, and I'm very familiar with the products of this particular line. Their 9.5 feels the same across the brand. I called the customer service number, and the gentleman on the other line was more than happy to do a return or exchange because the size was too small (he disregarded that I felt the product was defective because of the insanely small strap size).

Exchanges involve the customer shipping the product back so that shoes.com can resell it, the company refunds the money, and then the customer calls again to place a new order for the same shoe in a different size. I asked for a shipping label via the mail. This shipping label never came. The agent specified up to 2 weeks for it to arrive, so I waited. Shoes.com was running a sale on the shoe I wanted, so I went ahead and purchased it in the next largest size. When that arrived, I found that it was too large. I walked a few paces to make sure. I called customer service again, this time asking for an emailed shipping label for both pairs. They sent it immediately, and I packed up the shoes and sent them back.

A few days later, I received them back in the mail saying that they had been worn in, the soles were dirty, and there are dirty toe imprints. When I called customer service again to ask about it, the agent had a different tone from previous agents. He told me that there was nothing I could do and I was not going to get my money back. I told him everything, from my first attempt and how I couldn't even wear the shoe, and how I felt like a clown with oversized shoes with the second pair so I didn't wear those beyond trying them on. I expressed my opinion that the 9.5 is very likely defective. He said that the warehouse has already made their decision. I am floored. I'm out about $130 for 2 pairs of shoes that I can't wear. I'm certain that the warehouse employees are instructed to find and construct reasons to avoid returns. I'll definitely be taking my business elsewhere.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs