1.20/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 19, 2018

612 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

If I can give a 0 I would. Let me start off with I bought some gym shoes. They were not cheap. I purchased a wide instead of regular. I realized it when I wore it to work 1 day, not 2, not 3, just 1 day. When I got home I took them off to see why it was so comfortable and realize it was wide so I had these returned and to expedite my replacement which were the exact one's. Same size but regular. I purchased them and waited for my return refund. They are refusing to return except it because I wore the shoes one day.

They were in good condition but refused them and returned them to me. So I called spoke to a Walter. He wasn't able to help. Asked to let me speak to a manager. Transfer me Paul couldn't help. Asked Paul. "So you're a manager?" He pauses and says "no I'm a supervisor." Here we go. I asked for a manager not a sup. Which I'm guessing he wasn't even a sup. The manager suppose to be calling me ha! Yeah let's see if that happens because apparently there isn't one on site. I asked for corporates #. He gave me 617-451-2929. You can't even talk to a live person and to leave a voicemail. The voice mail was full!!! Run people. They are indeed cons. Don't do it! You will regret it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I’ve never sought out a website like this before to leave a review for a company, but I am so furious I felt it was necessary. I almost always order from Amazon, and should’ve known better, but I was trying to find the “best deal”. So I found a pair of UGGs on shoes.com for less expensive than what I could find on Amazon. I ordered down a size like I normally do, but apparently because they were a different style they ran more true to size and ended up being too small. Calling to exchange is out of the question because the price changes. So my only option was to return them and get a bigger size at the higher price if I still wanted them because they wouldn’t honor the lower price that I originally paid.

I tried to print the return label multiple times, only to find out when I finally called later, that you can’t print from your phone. You have to print from a computer. Shoes.com does not care that my life is completely crazy as a mom and a business owner, and that I couldn’t find my charging cord to the laptop for a while - because I do almost everything from my phone and my iPad. Then when I finally found my charging cord I was having issues getting the laptop to connect with the printer. Wouldn’t it be so awesome if I could run my business, keep my household going, and manage my two “super-active” little ones all while spending hours upon hours messing with my printer and printing a stupid return label that should’ve been printable from my phone - WITHIN 60 DAYS? One can only dream. However that wasn’t the case. My 60 days was up on April 6th (12 days ago).

Today I tried to print the label that expired 10 days after they sent it, so I called their customer service and was told I’m stuck with the shoes because it’s been 72 days. The man kept making it sound like 60 days is such a LONG time and being 12 days over was SO ridiculously past the limit. Basically trying to belittle me over the phone. Thanks, dude. This man obviously isn’t a “stay-at-home-mom” and a business owner, with a house that looks like an unfinished game of Jumanji. Well, good for him. Now I’m out 100 bucks with a pair of UGG’s that are a size too small. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

Bottom line. If you’re confident in what you’re ordering, go ahead and order from this company. However if you’re looking for a company with grace, understanding, and AMAZING customer service, go ahead and head on over to Amazon because this NEVER would’ve happened with them. Shame on me. My mistake. I knew better. You want to know the “funny” thing? I STILL ended up ordering a pair of UGG’s from Amazon once I experienced shoes.com’s customer service after that first phone call a couple months ago. I will never EVER order from this company again, and I will advise everyone I know to do the same. Customer service is EVERYTHING, and they ain’t got it.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

When reading other reviews about the site I was concerned that the Chuck Taylor sneakers I received via UPS would be a crap shoot as to what I actually received. From other reviewers I was seeing errors regarding styles, sizes, and colours ordered. I've read several reviews saying people received 2 different shoe styles or even 2 shoes for the same foot! I was quite concerned and kicked myself for ordering a pair of shoes before reading reviews.

To my wonderful delight I received my order within 5 days of leaving Massachusetts and that included a weekend and a days delay due to a massive ice storm that crippled my area. Even better was the fact they were the proper shoes I wanted including the colour and size! They even fit perfectly which was quite impressive considering I have what I call duck feet. Very wide at the bridge and very narrow at the heel. Shaped just like a duck’s foot. The only spoiler to my experience was the cost of shipping, exchange and duty costs to have my order sent to Canada.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Charged me 15 times from my debit account (which takes the money out of the account) and when I asked them why this happened they told me this was MY FAULT. Never once apologized and I am still waiting for my money. Customer services reps are so rude and do not call you back and put you on hold without asking and just cutting you off. Terrible business! Do not shop here unless you want them to steal your money!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I signed up for offers and receive daily emails with discounts from Shoes.com, but when I tried to use one, it wasn't honored. I emailed customer service immediately, then called when I received no reply. I asked to cancel my order and was told I could make that request, but they couldn't confirm my order was cancelled for 5-8 days. I understand if they don't cancel my order, and I have to return it, I will have to pay shipping and a restocking fee to them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Ordered 2 pair of shoes in my standard 9. Way too small. Called & asked for exchange, was told they do not do that. Ok. Liked shoes, so reordered 2 more pair in 9 1/2. Now being charged $6.95 per pair RESTOCKING FEE. Best of all website states "exchanges" are available. Total ripoff.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered a pair of Bobs. Waited 2 weeks only to get the wrong width. Of course Shoes.com wants to blame others then say, "We"ll send you a return label. " Well how thoughtful. I have to use my gas, my time to go out of my way to take back to UPS store. BAD BUSINESS.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Really? I do know better! I should have looked up this company's reviews BEFORE I bought 2 pairs of shoes. I tried to "upgrade shipping" and was told that cannot be done with the shoe I wanted. I said I want to cancel my order and I think the agent said "you cannot cancel' So, I asked again. Anyway, so I figure I just lost over $200.00 by not following my own rules. DUH. They have more #1 star ratings than the devil would have.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Placed order online. Shoes arrived but were stretched out. Called to get an exchange, printed my return label and then I was told they have to charge me a second time for the "free exchange". Spoke to a supervisor who was rude, told me, "Yes. We must charge twice and then later you will be refunded." Could not give me a time frame of what "later" meant nor tell me why I am being charged twice. Order # **. Details: ITEM 123638215-1: Skechers Relaxed Fit Easy Going Repute Clog Sneaker (Women's).

Original review: April 2, 2018

First time experience with this company: was ordering two of the same pair of shoe, went through all of the steps, including giving my debit card information, pressed the final order button and received a message to the effect of, some unspecified thing has gone wrong, try again. Which I did, to no avail. Called them to place my order over the phone and found out there was only one pair of the shoes in stock, so I did the order over the phone for that one pair. Decided to check my bank account and found NINE authorizations in addition to the order that was officially placed. Over $1000 gone from my account, just in time for my rent payment to come out.

Called them, was told it would be 3-5 days before the billing department would get to reversing the charges, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told none were available, but they would call me when one became available. Two hours later, no call, called them back, jumped through all the hoops with the agents (even being told there are no phones in the billing department- they can ONLY be reached by email- I guess that department is on a desert island somewhere?) Asked to speak to supervisor AGAIN, again told none were available, but they would call me as soon as they were available.

Another two hours pass, I called again, jumped through the same hoops, this time the agent actually believed me when I started swearing about my feelings and I spoke to a supervisor. They reversed the charges (I haven't yet confirmed it, but for now I'll assume it's done), then told me they couldn't guarantee that my order from this morning could be cancelled (shockingly, I decided to spend my money elsewhere). This company is terrible. Zappos is much more professional- they actually tell you if things aren't in stock before they take your money- it's not even possible to order something they don't have on their site, which seems like an obvious business practice.

Original review: March 31, 2018 I ordered 3 pairs and sent them all back! 1) Were 95. Found on Amazon 35. 2) Felt 2 sizes too large - (sized wrong). 3) Sent me two LEFTs!!! I sent them all back

Never again and their customer service is the worst!!! I canceled the first order within one hour and they sent them anyway! Haha cause they do not care whatsoever!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Placed order for shoes but didn't receive a confirmation number even though funds were taken from my account. Sent company an email asking for tracking info, they emailed me with my order number and told me there was an issue with duplicate orders and they would take a few days to remove the hold on the order. After not hearing anything more I tried to enter the order number for tracking and it was non existent. I called cs and asked about order, she said there wasn't an order that I made a mistake when I placed the order and it was canceled. I told her I didn't make a mistake and read her the previous cs rep email, and she insisted it was my fault. I then told her I was disappointed and would be making a bad review and she said that is fine. So sad they seem to have no customer care. I used them a few years ago and had a great experience, but from other reviews it looks like company is going downhill.

Original review: March 25, 2018

They shipped to the wrong address, even though they had the right address in my account records. They say it is the customer's responsibility to review the shipping confirmation to make sure that the company got it right. They should have a notice on their website: "We tend to louse up delivery addresses, so carefully read any order confirmations we might send you to make sure that we've got it right." I've NEVER had this trouble with any of the hundreds of orders I've had from Amazon, and I'm kicking myself (NOT with my missing Shoes.com shoes) for not buying from Amazon.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was sent the order for another customer and was assured that the correct ones would be shipped immediately, as were the correct one for the other customer. I was told that a return shipping label would be mailed to me. It has been one week. No return label, no shipping confirmation, arrogant associates who feel compelled to tell me all of the reasons why this occurred, and, when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told that one would call back quickly. Over two hours later, I called back, asked for a supervisor, and was left on hold for over 15 minutes. There is no longer any bargain worth purchasing from this company again!

Original review: March 22, 2018

After placing an order Dec.1st for a Christmas present for my mother-in-law I was a little ticked to find out she still had not gotten the order until after Christmas. I ordered a size 9 and keep in mind she lives in Texas and we live in Illinois. She received a 6! So she sent them back and I called the company. Oh they were so sorry but she was going to have to ship them back. So she did. I then ordered her another pair of size 9 shoes. She got them on Feb 11th and they were a size 6 AGAIN! I told her to wait until she came to visit in March and I would deal with it. Guess what? I'm past the allowed amount of time to get a refund or an exchange. OF COURSE! When I actually opened up the box, it was not even the pair of shoes I ordered! Now I'm stuck with size 6 and the ugliest shoe I have ever seen for $75! And when I called the second time they couldn't even locate my first purchase! NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Over the past month I tried to purchase an item and no Shoes.com coupon codes worked. I have been sent many coupon codes directly from Shoes.com. So I put randomly 50 items into my cart. Not one unexpired coupon worked for any single item. So I called to use their price matching policy. They refused to price match. They insisted I had to order the item, then receive it, then try to price match and see if they decided to honor the price match. After the item elsewhere would probably not even be at that price anymore. Why would anyone ever use such an unscrupulous company? Clearly they send out fraudulent coupon codes to induce people to purchase from them and have a fake "price matching" policy with no willingness to price match. I will never order from them. Originally, the item we wanted was on sale but when I put it in my cart the item would not check out. Again, when I called they refused to help. Horrible customer service.

Original review: March 20, 2018

Placed an order for shoes on February 23. After waiting 2 weeks contacted customer service for status. Was told they would need to check with shipping and call back. Not a word... After almost a month called again and was told the order has been cancelled because they were out of stock. No calls, no emails, nothing... Avoid this company.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Customer Service is all about sorry. After one week, customer service has NO idea when order is shipping, for three days I have heard that it is in last stage of shipping. Rhea today in a live chat said my order shipped and provided me with a UPS tracking number, it was actually for someone in IL, I live in NJ. Then Rhea proceeded with the Shoes.com will let me know asap when order is shipping. I ordered one pair of sneakers for my Mom who will be 90 years old next week. Now I have to scramble for another idea. I placed my order on the 8th. Clearly Shoes.com customer service has representatives who are not trained to resolve issues. I asked on several occasions, different days and different reps where item is shipping from, no one knew. NOT ONE. So frustrating that Shoes.com has taken a huge hit with the people they hire. I tried calling their corporate office, a recorded message loops you back to the clueless hotline. I will stick with Shoemall.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I ordered shoes from this company over a week ago and they still are in processing. Called today and they stated they will not ship for several more days though they are in stock. They stated they cannot ship to a P.O. Box. However, there was nothing on the webpage that informed me of the problem when I ordered online. If that is a problem there is always the option of sending to a physical address. Both FedEx and UPS deliver SUREPOST to P.O. Boxes. There really should be no problem here.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I am just flabbergasted that Shoes.com has denied my return of a pair of boots. I tried them on in my kitchen for a few minutes, they did not fit and I paid their fee to return them. I got them back 2 days later, very perplexed. They said the boots were scuffed and worn. I took pics and sent to them. They said they had their own pics are were sending for review. They denied my return. You can see my pics taken after they were sent back. Unbelievable! Never again Shoes.com!

Original review: March 13, 2018

I ordered a pair of Chelsea vegan docs (Doc Martens) for my daughter on Cyber Monday, $40 off sale, I was so excited to get her just what she wanted for a good price. She opens them up on Christmas morning and we realized they sent the wrong size. Not a huge deal, we understand how busy the Christmas season is, so I call and am told the return exchange procedure requires me to pay for a replacement pair of shoes prior to sending the wrong pair back, I personally can’t afford to do that, and shouldn’t have to, this was not my mistake. I’m told the only other option is to sent the shoes back in the original box with a return label attached, I am then responsible for a $6.95 restocking fee, then when they have processed my exchange I have 10 days to reorder the shoes at the same sale price.

This process went on until February 15th, when I was told the shoe box was damaged so no exchange or return would be processed. Absolutely the worst gift buying experience I have ever had. Also when I called to discuss the situation with them, I was disconnected after getting the run around for a half hour. The shoes were never worn, the shoes they sent us were not the vegan docs And there was absolutely no concern at all for the mistakes made by Shoes.com, I will never order from them again and am completely disgusted by their business practices.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes, and waited 7 days to get them, only to find that I received two pairs of shoes that I didn't order. I called customer service to find no one really cared that they sent me the wrong shoes. They were more than happen to provide me a return label to take the shoes to UPS, my time, my gas to get there, but their incompetence that caused me to make the trip. They will take my order again if I want to place one; they will not expedite the shipping (because I received the shoes in a perfectly reasonable amount of time, and I will get the next shipment in the same amount of time). Oh, and I cannot use PayPal to place this order because they only take PayPal on internet orders. I wish I had checked reviews before using this site. Never again!

Original review: March 9, 2018

Bought a pair of (Clark's Stratton Limit) boots from Shoes.com in late January 2018. Tried them on, and decided to exchange them for a larger size. Went through the steps on shoes.com to process the exchange. All went well, and I mailed the boots back in early Feb. The larger size boots arrived a week or so later after I put my return in the mail. The new boots are fine, no complaints.

In early March, I received my original purchase back at my house with a note that they could not be restocked because "the soles were dirty." The customer service reps were not able or willing to help me when I called. My emails to customer service were dismissed, and my request to have the manager Steve get in touch with me was ignored. A quick search of the internet reveals (even as late as Feb and March 2018) this is an all too common occurrence with Shoes.com customers. This is unfortunate for I was a happy and (thought) valued customer of Shoes.com and have bought other shoes from them in the past. Never again.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Horrible horrible customer service. I did not receive any confirmation emails about my package so I could not track it. When I called the next day, they told me they had no information regarding my package. It ended up never showing up, so I called. I was put on hold several times, once was hung up on, and it took them 15 minutes to even track down my package. They told me they would not give me a refund until they opened an investigation with UPS. I will never order from them again.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Like everyone else on here, I have found what a horrible company this is to deal with. I order a pair of Black Dockers shoes and got a pair of Tan Dockers shoes. Exchanging would require me to pay for a 2nd pair before I get refunded for the 1st and that's not going to happen. I think I'll just contest the charge on my credit card statement and see how they like that. Twice promised call backs from supervisors, never happened. One of the worst companies I've dealt with, stay far away.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I purchased shoes for my daughter who is currently across the country as her husband is in the Navy. I ordered her a pair of shoes, seemed like the order went well. She got them, they were too small. So did a return, had to pay ahead for 2nd pair, which was returned when other pair was returned. Still okay, THEN!!! When received exchanged pair, they were not even the correct shoes that were ordered.

Called and agent was super rude and ended up hanging up on me. Looked in email that they sent for 2nd exchange and it says a restocking fee will be charged. Called back. Asked to speak to supervisor. Waited on hold for 20 MINS!!! When supervisor got on she too was rude and didn't even seem to care her agent had hung up on me. They kept saying it was their distributor's issue, I told them I made the purchase thru them and so it was their responsibility to make sure I get what I paid for... Last time I will ever order thru them, Horrible horrible customer service.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I've ordered from Shoes.com for years and years, mainly when they were Shoebuy.com. NEVER again! If I ever had to make a return to Shoebuy.com I would get an email literally the next day or two that the return was received. Mind you, I am NOT in the habit of returning shoes. This pair of UGGS was a Christmas present for my 9 year old son. He tried them on in the house and did not care for them. I returned them on 1/5 and they received them on 1/12. I never heard a single word from Shoes.com. Anxiously awaiting my $80 refund, I finally contacted them at the end of January and they said the return was under review (standard procedure they said). I contacted them AGAIN a week later and was told the same thing.

I finally emailed them in mid-February and my response was that "they showed signs of wear"! Seriously? He tried them on in the house! (a clean house I might add). Maybe because I left the laces in the shoes?! But how else do you try on shoes without lacing them and wearing them briefly?! After they were back in Shoes.com possession for OVER a month and still no word on a refund, I finally asked for a chargeback from my bank. Terrible, terrible, customer service now!!! I see that they filed for bankruptcy in early 2017. The company must have changed hands. I guarantee the company will fail again if this customer service (or lack thereof!) keeps up!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I returned a pair of shoes and ordered them in a larger size. They sent the shoes back to me telling me that the soles were dirty, they had scuff marks and the box was damaged and that no refund would be given. I tried the shoes on 2 times in my house. Box was sent back in original packaging, not damaged. I filed a dispute with PayPal and got my money back, however, upon reading the reviews, a ton of people seem to be having the same issue. I wish I would have known that before I ordered. I will never give this company my money again.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I bought two items totaling around $60. They took out that amount or as they put it they put a hold on it. They said both purses separately so then they took out for the one purse and now they are going to take up for the second person that they ship separately and that is going to overdraw my account. When I called customer service the guy said absolutely nothing in response. He just sat there while I got to listen to a bunch of people in the background carrying on with each other. It sounded like a frat house. He had nothing to say to me and didn’t even offer me a chance to talk to a supervisor. Horrible customer service and horrible business practice of putting people's bank accounts in jeopardy. Now the money I saved with the coupons I used is going to be deducted from my deposit on Friday because I’m going to be overdrawn with the second payment that they take out. Never buy from these crooks.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have been using this site for a few years. Started out great but my latest experience leaves me sure that I will never recommend this site to anyone. I ordered a pair of boots before Christmas, the package tracked that it would not deliver until the 27th which was good as I would be traveling. Went out of town and they delivered on Christmas Eve and then they sat on the porch for 3 days as I was out of town.

I opened the box immediately tried them on in the house on clean, dry hardwood floors. They did not fit as well as I liked for how much money I spent. I called and returned before the end of December. I called repeatedly after they delivered and kept being told to call back. During the late part of the first week in February they told me that the shoes/boots had been worn and could not be resoled. I argued but to no avail so I asked when they would be shipped back. Repeated phone calls demanding money or shoes. Asked them to send an email when they shipped and was told that they were unable to send me this information.

The package showed up today, 2/21/18. This whole process, returned on the 28th of December, this has been going on for almost two months. The boots that I did received have been WORN and not by me. I advise that anyone looking for a high end shoe/boot of any kind... DO NOT USE SHOES.COM. They offer good deals but apparently you really do not know what they will send and in the end it is your words against theirs. I was also very disappointed because I have been a customer for three years. NEVER again! ZERO stars with good reason!

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs