Shoes.com

Out of Business

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

NEVER EVER shop Shoes.com. They have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I am a pretty calm person, but they have unleashed this consumer's anger. They will not return a pair of shoes my husband bought ($163) because the box was damaged. NOT THE SHOES. The manager was so rude blaming me the customer, because I didn't tell them the box came damaged so they won't return them. I DIDN'T DAMAGE IT! I received it that way. They are rude, not customer focused and I hope NO one does business with Shoes.com. I told them I was going to let others know what a terrible company and she didn't care. So here I go.

FAKE, FAKE, FAKE. I received an enticing ad via email and placed an order for 2 pairs of shoes on January 27, 2017. After a week, nothing came. I went to check the status of my order, website is gone. Customer service # just rings. I don't care about the shoes but now some entity has enough info for identity theft. I have American Express on alert but I will likely have to replace that card.

I don't know what happened to this company. I had never experienced such poor customer service like this in this company or any other in the past. Placed a order for sneakers and as soon as I hit the send button I realized I had the wrong shipping address. Immediately sent Shoes.com a email informing to cancel my order. Within a few hours my order was being shipped! Called the next morning. Answering machine said I was third in line. On hold for a hour. Finally left my number for them to call me back when my turn came up. Never a call back! Try to get on their website and I get an error page. Keep trying to call and the number is not in service. Many, many attempts to contact Shoes.com to no avail. Put a dispute with my credit card company.

I returned a pair of shoes 3 weeks ago. Still no refund and for two days their website has been down. I sent a return to the UK the same day and received my credit a week ago (different company). I will give it one more week and will then submit it to my bank. They will credit my account if the company doesn't respond and if they do respond it will likely cue the company to credit my account. This is not a typical experience with online shopping. Very disappointed (and a little nervous their website is down).

Because of your blatant anti-Trump hatred, we will no longer be shopping at Shoes.com. Your claim that dropping Ivanka Trump's line was strictly a business decision is transparently ludicrous. Trying to harm children of a President in any way simply because you hate their parent demonstrates your total lack of fair play and also demonstrates the total hypocrisy of your claims to be inclusive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

RIPPED OFF? I have been trying to return an expensive pair of shoes ordered 1/21/17 for 2 weeks. There is no more SHOES.COM or ONLINESHOES.COM website, there is no more "Customer Service" phone access. No response to emails. Someone needs to investigate this company immediately.

I have yet to receive the order I placed in 1/26/17. I have attempted numerous times to contact customer service but the phone number is no longer valid and website comes back as internal error. I am afraid I am out the money they have already taken from my account. These boots were for my husband's birthday celebration this weekend, what a bummer.

I ordered 4 pairs of shoes from Shoes.com on 1/24/17. They arrived around 1/30. 2 pairs didn't fit. I tried to call the 888-233-6743 and 778-372-3388 to get return label. I was told I was #26 on the list, and they would call me back. They never did. I also tried to download a return label from site. No luck. I attempted again two more times the last being 2/1/17. Is there anything I can do? Thank you.

I ordered a pair of shoes a few weeks ago from Shoes.com. I received the correct item. I received the correct size. I received the correct color and was charged the correct price. The item was scheduled to ship to the address I had on file from. The problem was NO (literally) customer service. I realized as soon as I received my order confirm that the shipping address was my former residence. I swear I typed in my business address as my shipping address because I knew better in December to have my order shipped to my home. Thieves were stealing shipped packages right off the porches of city residents for Christmas gifts. I found the Shoes.com customer care email address and immediately sent an email asking that they change the shipping address from the residential address on record to my work address (which I provided in the email) because I moved 6 months before. No response.

Over several days I called the customer service number, each time waiting for a representative to answer. Twice I dialed the option to receive a call back without losing my place in line. Never received a call back. One time, I waited 25 minutes before I finally gave up. I came to realize that my only hope to receive my order would be through UPS. I had to pay a fee to request the shipping address change, but paying $3.50 to get my order sent to the correct address was better than paying $70.00 and getting nothing in return. After picking up my order at a nearby UPS Store, I, once again, emailed Shoes.com customer care and ranted about their nonexistent service and how UPS saved the day. Again, no response. I now visualize this business as just a warehouse, printing off orders and boxing up shoes. There is no call center. There is no management. PLEASE HEED THE MANY COMPLAINTS AND DO NOT KEEP THIS COMPANY IN BUSINESS!!!

Took days sending any email confirming a sale happened. I investigated company's history. After being on hold for 45 minutes with no answer and didn't like what I read decided to cancel order. Was on hold for 1 hr when I finally got a hold of someone to cancel order on Dec 29. Jan 3rd they sent shoes anyway and charged me for cancelled order. I returned 4th and they received 6th. No refund to PayPal here on 9th.

I placed an order on 12/07/16 for a pair of boots that was on sale. There were many sizes to choose from at the time. I received an emailed confirmation with a link to my order status. I checked the status regularly because they never sent me an email to tell me that the boots were shipped. When January came I found out that my order had been canceled. I went to Shoes.com and found out that there were only a few sizes left but that mine was sold out. In addition, the price of the boots had increased. I tried to call their CSR number and heard an automatic voice saying that I was #15 on the waiting list. I waited more than one hour without being able to get hold of someone I finally had to give up because I had to go somewhere. This company is very unprofessional.

I ordered some awesome Hunter boots a while ago, unfortunately they did not fit. Not even slightly. Since then, I have tried calling 3 times to get the refund shipping label but to no avail - the length of hold was so long (literally hours!!!) that I had to finally hang up because I had client appointments. I tried their "keep your position in queue and get a callback" and gee - no callback. Today I have been on hold for over 2 freaking hours so far... I am MORE than disappointed in this company. Not to mention seriously angry. Do they not value our time? WTH? Oh - and like others I tried to get the return labels online and they never came. I tried multiple times.

I feel hostage to them at this point - like they have stolen my money. This is HORRIBLE and I will NEVER use them again. Ever. Such a shame. If they don't answer in another 30 minutes I'm going to dispute the charge on my Visa because they have basically lied about their return policy, making it impossible to get a return or exchange!

I bought a pair of Clark's sandals through Amazon. They were defective. I had surgery and was out of commission for 2 months, so when I went to wear the shoes, shoes.com wouldn't stand behind them and give me a return or even an exchange. I wore the shoes twice and noticed the right one squeaks when you walk. It is irresponsible and unreasonable to NOT stand behind your products, even if it's past 30 days. What a con this company is, and I will never order from them again. I intend to post online everywhere to let people know that they are not reputable.

I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com. It was the worst online experience that I've ever had. This company could single handedly kill online shopping. After waiting five weeks for the shoes that were never sent I started calling the contact telephone number. The email that I received from Shoes.com said that the order status was IN PROCESS. It took six calls and a couple of hours on hold to finally talk to someone at Shoes.com. I canceled the order and told the representative that I would never do business with Shoes.com again.

First time user of Shoes.com and my experience was fantastic! I ordered 6 items total: two pairs of boots, a tee-shirt, pair of socks, running shorts and a running jacket. My order was completed in a very timely manner and almost everything came in on time as well - actually came early! Prior to my order being shipped, I had received an email stating that one of my items was canceled due to this item being out of stock and unavailable from their vendor. To make amends, they gave me a $10 off coupon (of course full refund for that item as well) which was fine by me and very satisfactory. Granted I was bummed (they were SUPER cute boots) but nonetheless, satisfied with how they handled it.

When my order arrived, everything was the size I had ordered and of great quality. The running jacket I will be exchanging for a different size (I ordered wrong) and when I tried on the boots, they were a little too narrow for my foot so I looked into getting a wider size. Unfortunately, this item was a final sale item so I could not get a different size or refund.

I called them to see if they would be willing to do a credit and their customer service rep (Sabrina at ext. **) was INCREDIBLY nice, very patient and beyond helpful! After speaking to her supervisor, they were able to come to a solution that worked fairly for both parties. A return label was emailed to me promptly and things are moving along. As for the canceled item - right now it shows pending on my credit card statement. When it all goes through and is processed, it will reflect the difference of that item. Overall, I am BEYOND very satisfied - even with having to make exchanges... they have made this process easy and handled me with respect and what I like to call warm and fuzzy customer service! 5 stars all around.

I received my package yesterday and these are no way what I expected. These shoes have only the NAME and have NO support. I want to return them and get a refund. So disappointed. No arch support, light weight and CHEAP. :-( SO ANGRY - time wasted anticipatory of a good shoe. Instead I got a pair of cheap flip flops!!! Disgrace to the reputation of Dr. Scholl's Shoes. They are being returned. Hope my reimbursement doesn't take over a week. I'd like to buy better quality shoes. I will report if it dies.

I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that this website has so many bad reviews. From reading most of them, the main problem seems to be issues with sizing - and people ordering the wrong size. If the customer service is as bad as everyone says it was in terms of returns, sizing issues, etc. make sure to actually go to a retailer which carries the shoes you ordering if you are not 100% sure what your size is. Before I ordered my Uggs I went and tried them on at some random shoe store to make sure I had no issues. The next day I ordered them, and they came fast, and they were perfect! Fit like a glove. The best thing about this was that I got 30% off of the Uggs - meaning I saved $45, when I used one of their promo codes. This is now my go-to site for ordering shoes now, and it's great if you want good deals.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Shoes.com refunded the $5.99 s&h charge. I'm pleasantly surprised, and will happily do business with them again.

gail of Stow, OH on

Original Review

The same week I ordered new running shoes I injured the arch of my right foot. When the shoes arrived I couldn't tell if the shoe fit correctly because of the torn ligament. Long story short, I returned both pairs because my foot needed 6 weeks to heal. Exchanges are free but returns are deducted from your bill, so be cautious and don't overbuy.

Called in for an exchange of an item. The Rep I spoke to confirmed the availability of the goods and said I was lucky that the correct size is available for exchange. An email was triggered when they received the goods I wanted to exchange - Email explained that they are processing the exchange. After a week of waiting, I called the customer service to know that the product was not available and all they can do is just refund the amount. I did not get any communication from their side until I called them. The site says FREE EXCHANGES. When you try to do the exchange yourself they will sneak in some amount in the tax part to cover the expenses. I called in for incorrect taxes and Rep confirmed that they do that purposely.

Their 110% price match is horrible. I sent a screenshot to price match a pair of shoes at another site. It clearly shows that the shoes are available in the same size and color desired from Shoes.com. They won't match and just keep sending me a generic email back of the rules of the 100% price match guarantee. I don't know how else to show them it is available on another site other than sending a screenshot of the actual pair of shoes in my cart. It is time and date stamped to prove it's currently available. Why make it so difficult? They lost a customer for life.

I ordered a pair of shoes and when I had gone through all the payment and shipping info, I pressed "submit". I received an error message. I waited a few minutes and checked my email for a confirmation in spite of the error message. When I did not see a confirmation, I reordered. I then received two confirmations. I went onto the website and filled in an email message stating the issue. No answer. I did the same thing 24 hours later. No answer. I called, waited on hold an hour and was finally told I could leave the product outside the door, UPS would pick it up and I would have to pay $10, which would be refunded.

Three days later, the box is still outside my door. A third phone call and another hour later, I was told UPS no longer does pick up and I would have to drop the box off at a UPS store. Since I did not create the problem, I refused to do so. I am now in dispute through my bank as to the original charge for the first purchase. Run, don't walk, from this company!

Ordered 1 pair of shoes, computer glitch sent and charged return. The company filed the order, but return was made. Received and now they tell me a 3rd party vendor supplies the shoes. Until they get an email of recipient, no refund!

I've ordered several pair of shoes from this company since November 2015. Returns are a NIGHTMARE!!! If you email them the response time is several days if at all. Calling is ridiculous because you will be on hold for nearly an hour. I purchased a pair of Uggs that I had to return twice for size issues. The first time they refunded my money, but without the discount I had originally used. Upon calling (several times) I revived a credit in the amount. The second return of the same uggs DIFFERENT size was unbelievable. I waited for weeks for my refund even after I received an email stating I would receive refund in 3-5 business days.

When I finally sorted the situation out after several phone calls, they explained to me that I had received the refund, and I assure I did not. I had a 3 way call with their creditor KLARNA where finally a supervisor agreed I never received the refund. But when I finally did receive the refund, the original coupon code was not honored and I lost money. The thing that irritates me the most is these Uggs are discounted in most Pittsburgh retailers and I paid more. The money I lost is not worth the aggravation. I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I will stick with US based companies such as Zappos. This company is located in British Columbia with a couple of warehouses scattered around the US.

Where I start? I received a pair of shoes Skechers in a simple Carton box (not the original one). I wrote them to make the complaint because for my purpose of business. This is not acceptable because is making my customers to think that this is not an original product. I received an email saying that they will reply within 24 hr, but they never did. So I call them, after several trials they never give me any solution. At the end, I forget about it and I will move on.

Now I sell a pair of shoes new balance received as well from Shoes.com which I received by the same time with previous shoes and I found out that the outsole is not adhere and its falling down after 2 days of use. I email them and they'll reply that due to the many mails they are only able to respond until 7 to 10 business days!!! And based on previous experience, I will proceed to complaint to Visa and try to get a proper answer from them. Still I have many pair of shoes to sell and the quality is unknown with very low expectation. I DO NOT recommend this page at All.

On 12/23/15, the site offered a number of different Merrell brand boots at up to 70% off. I ordered 3 different pairs of boots and the order went through. No problem. The next day, I received an email saying all 3 were out of stock and that they weren't going to be able to get any more from their supplier. In this day and age, how can an online retailer NOT know when an item is out of stock... before selling it? My theory is that there was a mistake on the price of these boots and rather than honor the price, they pulled them all off the site. After reading the other reviews posted here, I'm pretty sure I'm right. What a disappointment.

I ordered a several pairs of boots from their website. Unfortunately, none fit properly so I had to return them all. The website has a section for returns. I went there, entered the information and was supposed to receive shipping labels via email. They never arrived. So I tried again and it failed again. The next step was to phone customer service. I was on hold for almost an hour and then disconnected. It took several phone calls before I finally was able to reach someone who managed to email me the proper documents to complete my return. I returned all the boots but was given an improper credit for 2 pairs. I tried calling and was unable to reach them so I emailed them through their website. I received the response that my email had been received but nothing more. I finally contacted Visa and they are disputing the charges in order to get my money properly refunded. I recommend staying away from this company.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Shoes.com did not honor my request to cancel the order prior to shipping and they still shipped the order. However, after my numerous complaints they sent me complimentary return postage.

Olga of Walnut, CA on

Original Review

Three emails, five calls, two actual conversations with Customer Care persons - all within minutes from a wrongfully placed order resulted in no cancellation by Shoes.com. I also placed a suggestion (through phone representative) for Shoes.com management to incorporate the customer care options electronically available for consumer, like other reputable online businesses offer. Also, the stories given by two representatives why they can't honor my request were not consistent, which raise a red flag.

One representative said that my order is already at vendor Softspots who will decide whether to cancel or to ship without a regard to my request, but the second representative said that it's their guys at Ohio warehouse decide and the Customer Care does not have a way to talk with Ohio warehouse, nor do they have any electronic system to change the order. Does it sound right to anyone? Meanwhile, my order status is still "In process" not shipped, and none of the Customer Care (after three emails and two talks) changed the status to "Pending cancellation."

I ordered shoes providing a PO Box address for delivery. I had in fact ordered shoes from this company just a few weeks prior that were delivered to the PO Box address. However this time the carrier UPS did not want to deliver to the post office so they called Shoes.com who gave them an address that I have not lived at for years. Numerous e-mails and phone calls and I am still waiting for a refund on the shoes that were never delivered to me. Was almost $400.00!

Bought UGGs for my kids a first time buyer from Shoes.com and they had a site issue and my order was processed twice. I called them immediately after the order was placed and after a long hold was sent to voice mail where I left a detailed message. I left another message that night. Sent an email and left another message the next day. I tried again for the next few days with emails and phone calls but NOBODY called me back and the shoes were shipped anyway. I left specific details including all my contact info, order numbers and email. I disputed the charges with my credit card company.

I have yet gotten a refund or a reply back through email. And the representative when I called wasn't too helpful and didn't make sense. I still got charged for both of the shoes even when I already returned one of them. It's my first time ordering from this company and unfortunately ordered another one for a Christmas gift for my dad. I will NEVER use this company again! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)x

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shoes.com is a part of Hardy Capital and is headquartered in Seattle. The company was founded in 1996, and the online retailer now sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.
  • Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.
  • Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.
  • Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.
  • Best for Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online