Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought a pair of Clark's sandals through Amazon. They were defective. I had surgery and was out of commission for 2 months, so when I went to wear the shoes, wouldn't stand behind them and give me a return or even an exchange. I wore the shoes twice and noticed the right one squeaks when you walk. It is irresponsible and unreasonable to NOT stand behind your products, even if it's past 30 days. What a con this company is, and I will never order from them again. I intend to post online everywhere to let people know that they are not reputable.

I ordered a pair of shoes from It was the worst online experience that I've ever had. This company could single handedly kill online shopping. After waiting five weeks for the shoes that were never sent I started calling the contact telephone number. The email that I received from said that the order status was IN PROCESS. It took six calls and a couple of hours on hold to finally talk to someone at I canceled the order and told the representative that I would never do business with again.

First time user of and my experience was fantastic! I ordered 6 items total: two pairs of boots, a tee-shirt, pair of socks, running shorts and a running jacket. My order was completed in a very timely manner and almost everything came in on time as well - actually came early! Prior to my order being shipped, I had received an email stating that one of my items was canceled due to this item being out of stock and unavailable from their vendor. To make amends, they gave me a $10 off coupon (of course full refund for that item as well) which was fine by me and very satisfactory. Granted I was bummed (they were SUPER cute boots) but nonetheless, satisfied with how they handled it.

When my order arrived, everything was the size I had ordered and of great quality. The running jacket I will be exchanging for a different size (I ordered wrong) and when I tried on the boots, they were a little too narrow for my foot so I looked into getting a wider size. Unfortunately, this item was a final sale item so I could not get a different size or refund.

I called them to see if they would be willing to do a credit and their customer service rep (Sabrina at ext. **) was INCREDIBLY nice, very patient and beyond helpful! After speaking to her supervisor, they were able to come to a solution that worked fairly for both parties. A return label was emailed to me promptly and things are moving along. As for the canceled item - right now it shows pending on my credit card statement. When it all goes through and is processed, it will reflect the difference of that item. Overall, I am BEYOND very satisfied - even with having to make exchanges... they have made this process easy and handled me with respect and what I like to call warm and fuzzy customer service! 5 stars all around.

I received my package yesterday and these are no way what I expected. These shoes have only the NAME and have NO support. I want to return them and get a refund. So disappointed. No arch support, light weight and CHEAP. :-( SO ANGRY - time wasted anticipatory of a good shoe. Instead I got a pair of cheap flip flops!!! Disgrace to the reputation of Dr. Scholl's Shoes. They are being returned. Hope my reimbursement doesn't take over a week. I'd like to buy better quality shoes. I will report if it dies.

I am completely dumbfounded by the fact that this website has so many bad reviews. From reading most of them, the main problem seems to be issues with sizing - and people ordering the wrong size. If the customer service is as bad as everyone says it was in terms of returns, sizing issues, etc. make sure to actually go to a retailer which carries the shoes you ordering if you are not 100% sure what your size is. Before I ordered my Uggs I went and tried them on at some random shoe store to make sure I had no issues. The next day I ordered them, and they came fast, and they were perfect! Fit like a glove. The best thing about this was that I got 30% off of the Uggs - meaning I saved $45, when I used one of their promo codes. This is now my go-to site for ordering shoes now, and it's great if you want good deals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ. refunded the $5.99 s&h charge. I'm pleasantly surprised, and will happily do business with them again.

Original Review

The same week I ordered new running shoes I injured the arch of my right foot. When the shoes arrived I couldn't tell if the shoe fit correctly because of the torn ligament. Long story short, I returned both pairs because my foot needed 6 weeks to heal. Exchanges are free but returns are deducted from your bill, so be cautious and don't overbuy.

Called in for an exchange of an item. The Rep I spoke to confirmed the availability of the goods and said I was lucky that the correct size is available for exchange. An email was triggered when they received the goods I wanted to exchange - Email explained that they are processing the exchange. After a week of waiting, I called the customer service to know that the product was not available and all they can do is just refund the amount. I did not get any communication from their side until I called them. The site says FREE EXCHANGES. When you try to do the exchange yourself they will sneak in some amount in the tax part to cover the expenses. I called in for incorrect taxes and Rep confirmed that they do that purposely.

Their 110% price match is horrible. I sent a screenshot to price match a pair of shoes at another site. It clearly shows that the shoes are available in the same size and color desired from They won't match and just keep sending me a generic email back of the rules of the 100% price match guarantee. I don't know how else to show them it is available on another site other than sending a screenshot of the actual pair of shoes in my cart. It is time and date stamped to prove it's currently available. Why make it so difficult? They lost a customer for life.

I ordered a pair of shoes and when I had gone through all the payment and shipping info, I pressed "submit". I received an error message. I waited a few minutes and checked my email for a confirmation in spite of the error message. When I did not see a confirmation, I reordered. I then received two confirmations. I went onto the website and filled in an email message stating the issue. No answer. I did the same thing 24 hours later. No answer. I called, waited on hold an hour and was finally told I could leave the product outside the door, UPS would pick it up and I would have to pay $10, which would be refunded.

Three days later, the box is still outside my door. A third phone call and another hour later, I was told UPS no longer does pick up and I would have to drop the box off at a UPS store. Since I did not create the problem, I refused to do so. I am now in dispute through my bank as to the original charge for the first purchase. Run, don't walk, from this company!

Ordered 1 pair of shoes, computer glitch sent and charged return. The company filed the order, but return was made. Received and now they tell me a 3rd party vendor supplies the shoes. Until they get an email of recipient, no refund!

I've ordered several pair of shoes from this company since November 2015. Returns are a NIGHTMARE!!! If you email them the response time is several days if at all. Calling is ridiculous because you will be on hold for nearly an hour. I purchased a pair of Uggs that I had to return twice for size issues. The first time they refunded my money, but without the discount I had originally used. Upon calling (several times) I revived a credit in the amount. The second return of the same uggs DIFFERENT size was unbelievable. I waited for weeks for my refund even after I received an email stating I would receive refund in 3-5 business days.

When I finally sorted the situation out after several phone calls, they explained to me that I had received the refund, and I assure I did not. I had a 3 way call with their creditor KLARNA where finally a supervisor agreed I never received the refund. But when I finally did receive the refund, the original coupon code was not honored and I lost money. The thing that irritates me the most is these Uggs are discounted in most Pittsburgh retailers and I paid more. The money I lost is not worth the aggravation. I will NEVER purchase from this company again. I will stick with US based companies such as Zappos. This company is located in British Columbia with a couple of warehouses scattered around the US.

Where I start? I received a pair of shoes Skechers in a simple Carton box (not the original one). I wrote them to make the complaint because for my purpose of business. This is not acceptable because is making my customers to think that this is not an original product. I received an email saying that they will reply within 24 hr, but they never did. So I call them, after several trials they never give me any solution. At the end, I forget about it and I will move on.

Now I sell a pair of shoes new balance received as well from which I received by the same time with previous shoes and I found out that the outsole is not adhere and its falling down after 2 days of use. I email them and they'll reply that due to the many mails they are only able to respond until 7 to 10 business days!!! And based on previous experience, I will proceed to complaint to Visa and try to get a proper answer from them. Still I have many pair of shoes to sell and the quality is unknown with very low expectation. I DO NOT recommend this page at All.

On 12/23/15, the site offered a number of different Merrell brand boots at up to 70% off. I ordered 3 different pairs of boots and the order went through. No problem. The next day, I received an email saying all 3 were out of stock and that they weren't going to be able to get any more from their supplier. In this day and age, how can an online retailer NOT know when an item is out of stock... before selling it? My theory is that there was a mistake on the price of these boots and rather than honor the price, they pulled them all off the site. After reading the other reviews posted here, I'm pretty sure I'm right. What a disappointment.

I ordered a several pairs of boots from their website. Unfortunately, none fit properly so I had to return them all. The website has a section for returns. I went there, entered the information and was supposed to receive shipping labels via email. They never arrived. So I tried again and it failed again. The next step was to phone customer service. I was on hold for almost an hour and then disconnected. It took several phone calls before I finally was able to reach someone who managed to email me the proper documents to complete my return. I returned all the boots but was given an improper credit for 2 pairs. I tried calling and was unable to reach them so I emailed them through their website. I received the response that my email had been received but nothing more. I finally contacted Visa and they are disputing the charges in order to get my money properly refunded. I recommend staying away from this company. did not honor my request to cancel the order prior to shipping and they still shipped the order. However, after my numerous complaints they sent me complimentary return postage.

Original Review

Three emails, five calls, two actual conversations with Customer Care persons - all within minutes from a wrongfully placed order resulted in no cancellation by I also placed a suggestion (through phone representative) for management to incorporate the customer care options electronically available for consumer, like other reputable online businesses offer. Also, the stories given by two representatives why they can't honor my request were not consistent, which raise a red flag.

One representative said that my order is already at vendor Softspots who will decide whether to cancel or to ship without a regard to my request, but the second representative said that it's their guys at Ohio warehouse decide and the Customer Care does not have a way to talk with Ohio warehouse, nor do they have any electronic system to change the order. Does it sound right to anyone? Meanwhile, my order status is still "In process" not shipped, and none of the Customer Care (after three emails and two talks) changed the status to "Pending cancellation."

I ordered shoes providing a PO Box address for delivery. I had in fact ordered shoes from this company just a few weeks prior that were delivered to the PO Box address. However this time the carrier UPS did not want to deliver to the post office so they called who gave them an address that I have not lived at for years. Numerous e-mails and phone calls and I am still waiting for a refund on the shoes that were never delivered to me. Was almost $400.00!

Bought UGGs for my kids a first time buyer from and they had a site issue and my order was processed twice. I called them immediately after the order was placed and after a long hold was sent to voice mail where I left a detailed message. I left another message that night. Sent an email and left another message the next day. I tried again for the next few days with emails and phone calls but NOBODY called me back and the shoes were shipped anyway. I left specific details including all my contact info, order numbers and email. I disputed the charges with my credit card company.

I have yet gotten a refund or a reply back through email. And the representative when I called wasn't too helpful and didn't make sense. I still got charged for both of the shoes even when I already returned one of them. It's my first time ordering from this company and unfortunately ordered another one for a Christmas gift for my dad. I will NEVER use this company again! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)x

I ordered a pair of Timberland boots by accident. I was trying to see how much the final cost would be if I ordered them. I immediately tried to cancel the order. 3 emails and 10 phone calls later that were unanswered. This started about 3 pm. About 10 pm I finally get in touch with them and request to have my ordered canceled. The employee assured me that my order was successfully canceled. At 9 am this morning I get a email saying that they were attempting to cancel my order but can't guarantee because it has already been processed. I'm sick of them. I've emailed and called them for two hrs now and no answer. I will never order from them again!!

I ordered some UGGs boots. I chose next day shipping and ordered on Sunday. The boots were shipped the very next day and arrived via UPS on Wednesday. I didn't deal with customer service at all, but they did send what I ordered and promptly.

I am surprised that a US company has such a bad customer service. I live in Puerto Rico, and I guess they work with some suppliers that do not ship to PR. The problem is that the only way for me to find out whether my order will be shipped or not, is by calling them after I have placed the order. I found out about this after waiting 3 weeks for my shoes to arrive... I called and waited... And finally an associate told me that the order needed to be canceled because that shoe couldn't be shipped to PR. Since then, every time I place an order, I have to call them... And wait... To make sure the shoes will get shipped to my location. Having to call or email is like going into a black hole. I emailed them 4 days ago and I am still waiting for a response... And I got tired of calling and waiting for someone to answer. I am done with

I received the super cute Rocket Dog Jolissa Buckle shoes very quickly, but they are too big. So, I went online to request the shipping label for the return to make an exchange for a half size smaller. Nothing was ever sent to me. I checked my spam and trash, still nothing! I called in to get a return label sent to me and they have incredibly long wait times on the phone. Their automated message says to go online for faster service, but when you click returns online, the website times out! How convenient. However, the same website instantaneously takes you to multiple pages for purchasing. That's not a coincidence. I have tried multiple times and I will never purchase from this company again!!

I saw an ad online for and a Buy One Get One Free sale. I logged on and placed an order. Five days later my order was cancelled which was AFTER the promotion had ended. I wrote the customer service department at and was told "Sorry, the item you ordered is out of stock". Wouldn't they know if the shoes were in stock within a day or two... not nearly a week? Then, the fact that they didn't have items in stock that I ordered and would not honor their BOGO promotion on a new order told me exactly what kind of company this is. AVOID!!!!!

Purchased a Kelsi Dagger sandal and the website had the description stating that the shoes are made of a leather upper. However when I received the shoes they are all man-made materials. All offered was for me to return the shoes for a refund. This was a real inconvenience because I ordered the shoes to take on a vacation and didn't have time to return them. This is considered false advertisement. I will never order from them again.

I regret for not reading the reviews on this site before I ordered from them my wedding shoes. It was May 25 when they had super sale and I got sidetracked by the good deal and purchased $200 shoes for my wedding day. Today is June 9th already and I called 3 times already to see what is going on with my order. The first time their rep said, "I am not sure what is going on, I will have to call you back." I said "cool."

Second time their rep said: "I have to call the warehouse and get an answer for you in the next two days"....nothing. The third time which was today, their rep said that he personally will call the warehouse and see what is going on, but I don't hold my breath it will actually happen especially since their rep told me today he does not have any notes on this order. What a rip off! Do yourself a favor and stay away!

I purchased from as a gift for someone this past Christmas. I ordered well in advance since shipping times can be an issue. Well, he has only recently begun to wear the shoes and rarely wears them at all. However, the front stitching was so cheaply done it has burst out! Surely there must be some accountability from the seller, right? Of course not. makes it very clear that they will only accept returns on unworn shoes...except apparently they take used ones and sell them to others! Under the section for defective merchandise, which this pair very clearly was defective as he has had multiple pairs of this shoe and never had issues, it says they take back defects as long as they are unworn... How would you even know about a non-obvious defect without wearing the shoe to find it? Ridiculous. I have bought a few gifts on this website but now I never will again.

They have ripped my daughter off after she purchased some shoes. They didn't fit so she went to return them. They said they would collect on a certain day, but the day before the collection day, a courier turned up and demanded that there was a parcel to collect. I was unaware of this and told him that it is for tomorrow, as my daughter was at work. He then argued with me with a attitude, basically calling my daughter a liar and demanded that it was for today, so I then asked my daughter who showed me the confirmation email when she returned for work.

So the next day he turned up again and I explained that today was the official day. He then gave me more attitude. By this time I seen red and told him to get off my property. He left the parcel and she is stuck with it. As every time she contacts them they give the same story - someone will come today, as they are tracking it. What a load of crap, no one shows up, they waste your time, take your cash and rip you off. As the collector came at me with a racist attitude and the yellow belly will probably not come back. As no one slates my children for no reason, without me defending them.. so she is stuck with 40 shoes that are useless to her.. Sad Times..

Horrible service. If you order overnight delivery you will not get overnight delivery. If you order second day delivery, you will not get it. Customer service is very rude.

Ordered a pair of shoes from They didn't fit and I wish to return. Tried to look up order # on website (to initiate return); receive message saying "order number can't be found." Sent an email, including the order number on the packing slip. Got return email saying they can't find my order; that the number should begin with a P, D, or X. It doesn't; however, the number I gave them IS the order number listed on the packing slip that came with the shoes.

In reply to email from (BTW, the From field in their email to me listed "") saying they couldn't locate my order, I attached a copy of (a) the packing slip, on letterhead, showing the order number, (b) the shipping label on the box the shoes were mailed in, and (c) the PayPal receipt. Received another email telling me they can't locate my order and their system is being overhauled. Called customer care. After being on hold for 5 or 10 minutes (being told over and over that my call is important and PLEASE hang on), I am disconnected.

I ordered two pairs of shoes online. Neither fit. When I returned the shoes, acknowledged receiving the shoes, and continued to promise that they would issue a refund, but have not done so for more than a month. I have now been told that they are moving facilities and will not issue refunds for another week. At this point, I think I am just out the $100.

Compare Shoes Online Company Profile