1.16/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

530 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I had ordered 3 pairs of shoes not thinking that there would be a $6.95 restocking fee for each shoes. When this company was shoebuy.com there was never a restocking fee. This company better realize that consumers have a choice of where they place their order and not everyone would be as careless and naive as me. :(

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

This was in the fine print of ordering, and I did miss it, but be aware sending back any shoe is $6.95 per pair as well as pay the shipping. I did miss that but have not had that charge with other online sites so And unless you were buying a shoe that you know is a sure fit, might not be worth your while.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM SHOES.COM!!!! I wish I had read reviews on this company... But like most others, we trust where we are buying. I purchased a pair of Lucky boots from Shoes.com and they sent me worn and damaged boots. After opening the box and seeing these boots, I called the company ASAP to tell them I was very unhappy with my purchase. They told me I would have to pay $6.95 to send them back. After receiving my return label via email I sent them back at a local UPS store 3-4 days after receiving the boots.

After two weeks, I did not receive my return so I did not hesitate to contact the company. The customer service reps were very rude and would not allow me to speak with a Supervisor. After hanging up and calling again I spoke with a Manager and she told me I wore the shoes and they will not issue me a refund. I asked to speak with her Supervisor so I could try and resolve this issue. After 48 hours the Manager Steve ** called me back and stated he would issue me a partial refund in the amount of $15.00. I was furious as this company is a complete scam. I believe there is a happy ending to this story... I called my banking institution and submitted a dispute form. They issued me a refund while investigating this company. Hope this review helps!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Really feel a dire need to share this review. Buyer beware. Dealing with the most horrible online purchase in my life. Ordered a pair of cowboy boots. Had to follow up with several calls just to confirm my order was being processed and what the status was. Each call rep would then send me an email with info I was looking for. Received an email from company that order had shipped and was delivered. Followed prompts for tracking which took me to UPS website, and showed order delivered in Hermitage PA. I live about 8 hours from that town with a car ride. Nothing delivered to my address.

I then called Shoes.com, encountered a rep who was horrible, she confirmed my address was on order, which I knew from my emails was correct. She proceeds to tell me that I placed the order, and for that reason I have to contact UPS myself, or get this, she tells me I can go to Hermitage PA which is 8 hours away by car and pick up my boots. I lost my cool. Could not believe the things she was telling me. The customer service level was below poor rating. I filed complaint with credit card company, they have filed a dispute on my behalf, they were wonderful. And I guess we will see how it all plays out. I would discourage any consumer from dealing with this company. Rant over.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought a pair of shoes from Shoes.com. When they arrive they looked good. I tried them on, they fit well. There seemed to be no problem. After wearing the shoes 4 times one shoe changed color and looked obviously lighter than the other shoe. The shoes had not been worn in the rain and nor had there been anything sprayed on them or anything like that. I sent the shoes back to shoes.com and ordered a replacement pair of shoes. The replacement pair came in the mail. They did not change color. Everything seemed great. Then a week later the shoes that changed color, that I originally sent back to exchange, came back to me in the mail saying they would not reimburse me for them as the shoes had obvious wear.

I have called three times and have continued to get the runaround from shoes.com. They have not been willing to reimburse me the money for the shoes that changed color. After calling them three times and complaining about the order they offered to refund my card $10 and give me a 20% off coupon. I'm never shopping there again, so their coupon is pointless. If you have problems with your shoes DO NOT order a replacement pair. Wait to see what they are going to do with your return or exchange before ordering anything to replace the pair. I learned this lesson the hard way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought a pair of Frye boots and took a chance based on terrible reviews. They were cheaper than normal. Sure enough they were delivered defective. It was like they were used and they tried to repair the spot. This is the first and last time I will buy from this company. They are a big RIP OFF. Pay a bit more for better service.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I bought what I thought was a genuine pair of Harley Davidson boots. But the second time I wore them the wedge pulled away from the boots and now the rubber from the bottom is coming off! $135 later and I think these are fakes. Customer service told me to send them to Massachusetts (on my dime) and they would then look at them and decide if they are defective. Whatever! They are not the real boots! Harley makes a better product than that???

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I had to prepare for an out of country business trip that I was taking October 20, 2017, on October 15, 2017, I purchased a pair of Men's Steve Madden Jabber boots from Shoes.com. I paid for two day shipping, hoping they would get to me before the week ended; surprisingly on October 16, 2017, I received an email saying the shoes had shipped. Upon looking at the tracking information, I noticed that the shipping option that was selected was Ground and not Two-day. I then contacted Shoes.com via email and phone, and asked them why (although I paid for two day shipping) my package was being shipped ground. Their response was:

"Expected delivery time for orders is 3-10 business days. It's typically 1-5 business days for processing your order and 1-5 business days for UPS Ground Delivery. When you pay for expedited shipping, it does not speed up the processing time for the order. The order has to be processed which still remains 1-5 business days. After processing, UPS would deliver the order within 2 business days instead of 5 business days since the shipping was upgraded. The order was placed on 15th October, 2017 after processing the item shipped on 15th October, 2017 UPS only delivers for Shoes.com on business days. Two business days from the date of shipment is Monday, 09/23/2017. The order was shipped correctly so we are unable to refund the expedited shipping fee."...

Apparently, neither one of these representatives had any idea how their business operated, so I attempted to explain it to them by saying: "If I place an order on 10/15, and you ship the order 10/16, that means the item was processed in 1 day. When you had the box to UPS on the 16th, I should receive my package by the 18th, 19th at the latest because I paid for two day shipping." They had the hardest time understanding that, and kept referring to their processing times being the reason that my package wouldn't be delivered until 10/23. I asked them what I needed to do to return the item upon arrival and they said they'd send a shipping label (I used my own instead to prevent the package being "lost") via email and that I would receive a refund once the item was returned.

On October 15, 2017, I paid $117.95 for the item; $107.95 for the shoes w/ tax and $10.00 for two day shipping. They received/processed the return and sent me a refund of $101.00; $107.95 for the shoes w/ tax minus a $6.95 restocking fee. That makes sense. I decided to go against the reviews when I placed my order thinking "maybe my experience will be different." Don't follow in my footsteps; I would avoid Shoes.com at all cost. I ended up ordering from Amazon.com. (I have a Prime membership) and found the shoes for the same price and free two day shipping and received them in time for my trip. Now I have to contact PayPal (always use PayPal if it's an option at checkout, it protects you from issues like these) and hopefully will get this issued resolved. Hopes this helps!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Shoes.com really doesn't care about customer experience. They shipped the wrong item, my husband called them back to return. He had the worst experience with the agent who didn't speak much of English. The agent said that she would send a paid return label and instead we just received the address to return it to. I have paid over $70 for all shipping costs there and back as well duties. But the company decided not to refund me for these fees!!! At the end of the day it is not the item I ordered. Why do I have to pay this much money from my pocket? Never buy anything from them. Surprised they are still on business.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered Converse from Shoes.com, they came and I ended up with men's size 7.5 instead of women's 7.5. Took one look at the box and drove straight to UPS for a return. I just received confirmation that they received the return but there would be a $6.95 restocking fee!!! Unbelievable!!! I will never buy from there ever again! I will make sure everyone I know that they are horrible!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought a pair of Frye boots, which were too tight. I returned them and they returned them back to me saying they refused my return because the boots had been worn. All I did was try them on and wouldn't have had time to wear them even if they did fit. It was still in the 90’s where I live. I have gone back and forth with them and I am stuck with boots that don't fit. I believe that this is a huge scam. These boots are from several seasons ago and were apparently returned by someone else. Whatever you do, DON'T BUY FROM SHOES.COM.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Ordered shoes here and they sent the wrong shoes along with the wrong receipt. Called them and they denied it. They then finally admitted, after I shared the receipt, that my shoes were shipped to someone else. They then proceeded to tell me they would not refund my order or ship the correct shoes until I returned the wrong shoes. I shipped them via UPS and waited until I could confirm they had been delivered. I called again due to no refund showing up in my PayPal. The agent denied they had received them. Once I shared the tracking info and by whom they had been received at Shoes.com they acknowledged they had received them and asked that I wait 3-5 days for the refund to process. After 5 days, no refund (and by the way, no shoes) so I called back a 3rd time.

The agent once again denied they had ever received the shoes back. So once again, I explained they had been received, who had received them and that this was the 3rd conversation. Miraculously, she acknowledged they had been received and, wait for it, the refund would now take up to 5 days to process. Clearly, she was reading from the same script. So here we sit, a month into an order with shoes.com and still no shoes and out the cost of those shoes. Never have I ever experienced such poor customer service. All of the agents dealt with thus far had very strong accents and were very difficult to understand. All of these agents insisted they were located, physically, in Massachusetts. I have my doubts. Still waiting. Not holding my breath. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Received my shoes on a Friday afternoon. Wore them around the house and in the garage (cement floor). Returned the shoes via UPS the following Tuesday. Received the shoes back today with a note saying the shoes were dirty and unable to resell. I'm looking at the shoes now and do not see any dirt. I called customer service and they said if the warehouse sent them back, I'm stuck with a pair of shoes I can't use. Should have stuck with Zappos.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

They send you the wrong size and then charge you a 7 dollar restock fee. Judging by how many times this happens on these reviews and all the different excuses they come up with, this must be a scam. I truly believe they are sending the wrong thing on purpose. The manager told us that we would get 30% off what we paid originally and when we called they put us through the ringer and said that it would only be 10 because we got 20 before. Their customer service is disorganized, disloyal and time wasting.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I placed an order for a gift 5 weeks ago. After learning that it was never received, I inquired about status. I received an email that it was taking longer than usual. A day later I received an email that the order was cancelled. A very disappointing first time shopping experience.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Have bought many shoes over the past few years for the family from shoes.com, and had never had to make a return or exchange. Well, finally got a shoe that just did not work for me - had them send me another size to see if that worked, and it did not. So when I tried to send back for refund, the shoes were sent back to me saying they had been worn. They sent photos to me online, when I said they had not been used at all.

The images they sent did look dirty, yet the shoes I had in my hand were perfectly clean and unworn. I had them only for a few seconds and they were so uncomfortable I had to take them off immediately. Could barely stand to try them on, let alone walk around outside in them. Tried again and sent them my own photos, but they refused to discuss the matter further.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I received my shoes. The left shoe was defective. I returned the shoes and was assessed 6.95. I even put a sticky note pointing out the shoe was sewn wrong. Shoes.com would not even remotely work with me. I do not recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I ordered 6 pairs of shoes. Took over 10 days to get them all by mail. One of the pairs was shipped with the incorrect color. When I initiated a return, they wanted to charge me a $6.95 restocking fee to ship back the shoes that they sent to me in the wrong color! In addition, they wouldn't ship me back the correct color shoes, I had to first ship them back their shoes that were sent incorrectly with the wrong color, resulting in further delays. When I asked why this was, I was told it was to verify that I was telling the truth in getting the wrong color shoes shipped to me... What??? I had ordered 6 pairs of shoes!!! Their customer service frankly stinks as does their return policy - especially when they are the ones that make the mistake! I will not deviate from Zappos or other online shoe retailers again, what a joke!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

After exchanging an item, I was charged a restocking fee by mistake. I called Shoes.com to remind them of the exchange order I'd already placed and paid for, which should have waived the restocking fee. The Shoes.com representative kept saying my exchange order "didn't go through" and I needed to contact PayPal, since that was my form of payment.

So I did. The PayPal representative confirmed that Shoes.com did indeed have my payment for the exchange order. Together, the kind PayPal rep and I placed a conference call BACK to Shoes.com. When another Shoes.com rep gave me the exact same run-around that my exchange order "didn't go through" the PayPal rep spoke up, confirming that Shoes.com HAD MY PAYMENT.

I demanded the full refund on my exchange order that had not been shipped by Shoes.com (and NEVER would have been shipped) as well as the restocking fee I was charged. Funny how, when I called back with a PayPal rep to help advocate for me, not only did Shoes.com refund the exchange purchase payment they supposedly didn't have (hmmm...) but they also refunded the restocking fee. If I hadn't called Shoes.com to refute this, I would be sitting here without my cash and without any merchandise from Shoes.com. Gone are the days of great values, great customer service, and FREE shipping and returns that SHOES.COM USED to have. I was a faithful customer to Shoes.com for many years!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I couldn't find a specific dress shoe and had no luck until I found it here for a great price! I ordered the shoes and then looked at reviews the next day and was horrified with what I found. I figured I would wait the 3 days and make my own decision and they showed up today as promised. On time, right size, right color everything was as agreed. Thanks Shoes.com. I will be buying again soon.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I buy hiking boots when they are on sale so I have the pair I'm currently wearing and another pair ready. I bought my backup pair in February. Never been out of the box. My feet have gotten bigger so I chatted with them to see if I can exchange them. They said no. No. No. I usually buy from them when I can and have referred many friends there. I will no longer shop with them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I ordered my items on a Tues. Received shipment confirmation via UPS on Wed morning. It's Sun and still no package. I called customer service, and they were horrible. Apparently they serve the right to 5 days before your added payment for the 2 Days. So 7 days. I've worked logistics. If an item is scanned in to UPS system, it should leave the facility THAT day by end of business when the trucks pick up. My order was in Received status on Wed. So the fact I still haven't gotten it means they didn't ship it priority. They tried to tell me business days are only Mon - Fri. If UPS had it, with Priority 2 Day shipping, UPS DOES in fact work the weekends! HORRIBLE SCAM ON THEIR SHIPPING!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I bought a pair of Eagles sneakers in a Men's size 12 and they sent me a Men's 5. I let them know that they sent the wrong size and I never heard back from them and I sent a email 3x and got no respond until the last time and they told me to look at my invoice and see that they only do refunds or exchanges. I didn't even get an invoice or receipt. What did they think I wanted. I wanted the right size shoes. A very rude response to my email and I still have these little shoes. I gave the shoes to my granddaughter. If I wanted to buy her some shoes I would have, but I will never order from these people again. It was their fault they sent the wrong size. Never apologized and asked to send those back for the right size.

Instead of them fixing their mistake they just didn't respond until they got tired of me emailing them. They got rude. Don't buy from these guys. I'm going to tell all my Facebook friends not to trust them. I never will and my husband didn't get his shoes. Good thing I bought him some from another company for first game. A sorry company. Customer service stinks and they signed it "love Shopazonus". I took it as being smart. Never seen a company end an email that way. Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I'd like to preface this review by saying I do about 75% of my shopping and purchasing online and have done so for at least the past five years, so I am an experienced virtual shopper. This particular buying experience was awkward infuriating from the very beginning. To start, the Shoes.com site touted a "site-wide sale" that lured me in. Unfortunately, the sale immediately excluded all but one of the items I wanted to purchase. I ordered that pair of shoes in two different sizes since I tend to run between sizes and would rather try them both on and send the one that doesn't fit back to the store. What should have been a twenty second checkout process took several minutes. The cart sent me through Paypal twice before there was anywhere I could review and submit the order. I did not click any buttons or try to interrupt the process--it made me log back into Paypal after it accepted my shipping address to make me confirm the billing address.

During this process, the shopping cart dropped the last digit off the nine-digit zip code, so I had to manually correct both addresses on the order review screen. I quickly checked my Paypal account to try to figure out why the zip code was wrong and my Paypal account showed the correct zip code. The correction wasn't persistent, apparently, because the zip code showing on the confirmation screen after I submitted the order still lacked the last digit.

I received the order confirmation via email almost immediately but there was never any follow up of a shipping notification. I checked my spam folder several days in a row and there was nothing there--the shipping notice would have come to the same email address as the order confirmation I had received. The order arrived in a timely manner (5 business days after it was placed) and everything was in fine shape.

When I tried on the shoes, neither pair fit so I immediately got online to create a return so that I didn't miss a return deadline. I've been the victim of fine-print sneaky return policies before and didn't want to end up keeping two pairs of shoes I didn't want. I discovered that I had 60 days from the order date to return items, but here was another fine-print sneaky return policy: each returned item incurs a $6.95 "restocking fee." They claim free shipping and exchanges in big letters all over the site, but until I hunted pretty hard for their actual return policy, I didn't know that returns are anything but free. I contacted customer service via chat to verify whether the fee was per item or per order and got disconnected by the first representative, so I had to log back on and ask someone else who affirmed that each returned item results in a seven dollar charge against the refund amount. Buyer beware.

This is where it got really frustrating. I found out you cannot return an entire order at once. There is nowhere you can simply select checkboxes and say "return." You have to process a single return or exchange for each item, which you can only do after you've gone through at least three different screens to get to the items you want to return or exchange. If you select "exchange" it takes you to the site to shop for a new item, which makes perfect sense, but nowhere in the cart does it indicate that you have any kind of credit against any new item that you add.

Once again, there was a sale going on that didn't apply to anything I wanted, so I never made it far enough in the cart process to find out at what point the exchange credit actually shows up. According to their exchange policy, they don't actually issue a credit at the time of exchange--they make you pay for the new item and then issue a refund once they receive the returned item. I decided to choke down the $14 return fee for both pairs of shoes rather than going through their convoluted exchange process, so I went back through the return system again to cancel the exchange requests and generate a return for each pair.

After going through the entire return request process twice (once for each pair of shoes), I got an error message saying neither shipping label could be generated and that I would have to call customer service. I got back on chat to ask if they could just email me a shipping label. The representative told me that the shipping labels did not automatically generate because their system showed the zip code was incorrect.

I explained that the zip code in my Paypal account shows correctly and that it probably had something to do with their shopping cart. The representative said they would have to get a supervisor to send me shipping labels and then responded, "I would say still check the Paypal. Our system wouldn't just pull up half the zip code, this is the first I've ever heard of that and I've been here for quite some time." I had already checked Paypal, as I told the representative when I logged onto chat with her, and I wasn't particularly happy with her condescending tone. Apparently the customer is never right at Shoes.com, even when she has informed customer service she already checked and that the problem is not on her end.

I am anticipating a delay or some kind of issue with refunds just based on how this entire purchasing experience has gone so far. I was told during the customer service chat that I would receive a shipping label within 24 hours, which I doubt will happen, but I intend to ship the order back to them as soon as that label shows up. The website indicates 2-10 business days for credit card refunds and I have a fallback with Paypal where I can dispute the purchase if Shoes.com doesn't issue a timely refund.

I will never shop this website again and will recommend that friends and family spend their money elsewhere, as well. I can forgive a customer service rep for being less than diplomatic on one occasion, but when "big sale" goes to "well, not that item, or that one, or that one" not once, but twice, and when the order and return processes are unwieldy and rage-inducing every single time, and when it costs a surprise $7 per item to return anything, I'm done. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

They used to have really good customer service skills before, now is a new company and the customer service skills went down to zero. I ordered shoes 2 weeks ago and they haven't send an email saying they are out of stock or tracking number. I just called and they don't even know when they are sending the shoes. I spoke to the manager and the manager same rude attitude as the representative that first took the call.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I ordered the shoes for my son, it did not fit well, so had to return it. I exchanged it for another pair of shoes and send the original pair in the same box. They just rejected the return saying: "Original shoe box used as a shipping box, box damaged unable to resell". No store has ever given me this kind excuse to not take the return. Don't take the return because of label on the shoes box, Ridiculous. Btw, the shoes box is perfectly fine, when I took out the label, there was not a single scratch on the box, I am attaching the photos. Customer service refused to do anything about it. Just said they will return it if I send the shoes again after taking out the shipping label.

I checked out this site after hearing in the news that Walmart bought them, so expecting that service will be good like you get from reputable company store like Amazon or Costco or Zappos, it turned out to be third rated experience from mom and pop store kind of store run by thugs. These guys charged me full for the exchange, so I ended up buying two pairs from the bad company.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Terrible business practices... Firstly, no order # on packing list, in fact "customer order#" is listed as my city and zip code... Secondly, $6.95 restocking fee PER item returned, even if only one mailing label required for the shipment... Lots of choices these days for on-line shopping... Will not shop here again.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I am an 18-year-old male who's been 6'5 since I was 12. The years have not been kind to my feet. I was told that I was flat footed at 14, and that from that point forward I would have to go to an orthopedist if I needed shoes. My insurance ran out, and I needed a new pair desperately. I jumped on the idea of shoes being affordable, and bought the cheapest ones that could fit. (I currently wear a size 17, extra wide.) I immediately regretted my impulse purchase upon reading the reviews. Naturally I worried that my shoes would arrive and be the wrong size or poorly made. This was not the case. Do not refrain from buying from this website. I ordered my shoes on a Saturday, and they came on Wednesday. I am very pleased with this company.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Unlike Zappos which sends return labels with shoes with free return labels, this place is ridiculous. The shoes didn't fit at all so I called them. They promised to send me a return label in the mail. 2 weeks goes by. No label. I call again. It will "take 7 days to send label." REALLY? WHY 7 Days? To maybe hang onto my money longer? ALSO, there will be a $6.95 "restocking fee." DUMB. For shoes??? Shoes are very tricky to buy online. Probably half won't fit properly. How do they plan to compete with Zappos which sends the return label with the shoes and doesn't charge a restocking fee. I hope these duds go out of business. They deserve to. Stick with Zappos. AVOID this company like the plague. Now I just have to see if the label arrives...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com on June 13th, 2017. They arrived on June 19th, 2017. The shoes were too narrow for me (They were a size wide, but apparently I need a wider size for this type of shoe). At any rate, I decided to return the shoes... But time slipped away. When I went online (June 15th) to get the return label printed the web-site wouldn't let me do it. So I wrote customer service. I knew their return policy was 60 days... And it was June 15th - before the 60 days... But it turns out it is 60 days from the order - not from receiving the shoes. This seems pretty unfair to me and I certainly won't be ordering from them again. Customer service would not make an exception.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs