Shoes.com

Compare Online Shoe Stores

Research top Online Shoe Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought a pair of Eagles sneakers in a Men's size 12 and they sent me a Men's 5. I let them know that they sent the wrong size and I never heard back from them and I sent a email 3x and got no respond until the last time and they told me to look at my invoice and see that they only do refunds or exchanges. I didn't even get an invoice or receipt. What did they think I wanted. I wanted the right size shoes. A very rude response to my email and I still have these little shoes. I gave the shoes to my granddaughter. If I wanted to buy her some shoes I would have, but I will never order from these people again. It was their fault they sent the wrong size. Never apologized and asked to send those back for the right size.

Instead of them fixing their mistake they just didn't respond until they got tired of me emailing them. They got rude. Don't buy from these guys. I'm going to tell all my Facebook friends not to trust them. I never will and my husband didn't get his shoes. Good thing I bought him some from another company for first game. A sorry company. Customer service stinks and they signed it "love Shopazonus". I took it as being smart. Never seen a company end an email that way. Very unhappy customer.

I'd like to preface this review by saying I do about 75% of my shopping and purchasing online and have done so for at least the past five years, so I am an experienced virtual shopper. This particular buying experience was awkward infuriating from the very beginning. To start, the Shoes.com site touted a "site-wide sale" that lured me in. Unfortunately, the sale immediately excluded all but one of the items I wanted to purchase. I ordered that pair of shoes in two different sizes since I tend to run between sizes and would rather try them both on and send the one that doesn't fit back to the store. What should have been a twenty second checkout process took several minutes. The cart sent me through Paypal twice before there was anywhere I could review and submit the order. I did not click any buttons or try to interrupt the process--it made me log back into Paypal after it accepted my shipping address to make me confirm the billing address.

During this process, the shopping cart dropped the last digit off the nine-digit zip code, so I had to manually correct both addresses on the order review screen. I quickly checked my Paypal account to try to figure out why the zip code was wrong and my Paypal account showed the correct zip code. The correction wasn't persistent, apparently, because the zip code showing on the confirmation screen after I submitted the order still lacked the last digit.

I received the order confirmation via email almost immediately but there was never any follow up of a shipping notification. I checked my spam folder several days in a row and there was nothing there--the shipping notice would have come to the same email address as the order confirmation I had received. The order arrived in a timely manner (5 business days after it was placed) and everything was in fine shape.

When I tried on the shoes, neither pair fit so I immediately got online to create a return so that I didn't miss a return deadline. I've been the victim of fine-print sneaky return policies before and didn't want to end up keeping two pairs of shoes I didn't want. I discovered that I had 60 days from the order date to return items, but here was another fine-print sneaky return policy: each returned item incurs a $6.95 "restocking fee." They claim free shipping and exchanges in big letters all over the site, but until I hunted pretty hard for their actual return policy, I didn't know that returns are anything but free. I contacted customer service via chat to verify whether the fee was per item or per order and got disconnected by the first representative, so I had to log back on and ask someone else who affirmed that each returned item results in a seven dollar charge against the refund amount. Buyer beware.

This is where it got really frustrating. I found out you cannot return an entire order at once. There is nowhere you can simply select checkboxes and say "return." You have to process a single return or exchange for each item, which you can only do after you've gone through at least three different screens to get to the items you want to return or exchange. If you select "exchange" it takes you to the site to shop for a new item, which makes perfect sense, but nowhere in the cart does it indicate that you have any kind of credit against any new item that you add.

Once again, there was a sale going on that didn't apply to anything I wanted, so I never made it far enough in the cart process to find out at what point the exchange credit actually shows up. According to their exchange policy, they don't actually issue a credit at the time of exchange--they make you pay for the new item and then issue a refund once they receive the returned item. I decided to choke down the $14 return fee for both pairs of shoes rather than going through their convoluted exchange process, so I went back through the return system again to cancel the exchange requests and generate a return for each pair.

After going through the entire return request process twice (once for each pair of shoes), I got an error message saying neither shipping label could be generated and that I would have to call customer service. I got back on chat to ask if they could just email me a shipping label. The representative told me that the shipping labels did not automatically generate because their system showed the zip code was incorrect.

I explained that the zip code in my Paypal account shows correctly and that it probably had something to do with their shopping cart. The representative said they would have to get a supervisor to send me shipping labels and then responded, "I would say still check the Paypal. Our system wouldn't just pull up half the zip code, this is the first I've ever heard of that and I've been here for quite some time." I had already checked Paypal, as I told the representative when I logged onto chat with her, and I wasn't particularly happy with her condescending tone. Apparently the customer is never right at Shoes.com, even when she has informed customer service she already checked and that the problem is not on her end.

I am anticipating a delay or some kind of issue with refunds just based on how this entire purchasing experience has gone so far. I was told during the customer service chat that I would receive a shipping label within 24 hours, which I doubt will happen, but I intend to ship the order back to them as soon as that label shows up. The website indicates 2-10 business days for credit card refunds and I have a fallback with Paypal where I can dispute the purchase if Shoes.com doesn't issue a timely refund.

I will never shop this website again and will recommend that friends and family spend their money elsewhere, as well. I can forgive a customer service rep for being less than diplomatic on one occasion, but when "big sale" goes to "well, not that item, or that one, or that one" not once, but twice, and when the order and return processes are unwieldy and rage-inducing every single time, and when it costs a surprise $7 per item to return anything, I'm done. Never again.

They used to have really good customer service skills before, now is a new company and the customer service skills went down to zero. I ordered shoes 2 weeks ago and they haven't send an email saying they are out of stock or tracking number. I just called and they don't even know when they are sending the shoes. I spoke to the manager and the manager same rude attitude as the representative that first took the call.

I ordered the shoes for my son, it did not fit well, so had to return it. I exchanged it for another pair of shoes and send the original pair in the same box. They just rejected the return saying: "Original shoe box used as a shipping box, box damaged unable to resell". No store has ever given me this kind excuse to not take the return. Don't take the return because of label on the shoes box, Ridiculous. Btw, the shoes box is perfectly fine, when I took out the label, there was not a single scratch on the box, I am attaching the photos. Customer service refused to do anything about it. Just said they will return it if I send the shoes again after taking out the shipping label.

I checked out this site after hearing in the news that Walmart bought them, so expecting that service will be good like you get from reputable company store like Amazon or Costco or Zappos, it turned out to be third rated experience from mom and pop store kind of store run by thugs. These guys charged me full for the exchange, so I ended up buying two pairs from the bad company.

Terrible business practices... Firstly, no order # on packing list, in fact "customer order#" is listed as my city and zip code... Secondly, $6.95 restocking fee PER item returned, even if only one mailing label required for the shipment... Lots of choices these days for on-line shopping... Will not shop here again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

I am an 18-year-old male who's been 6'5 since I was 12. The years have not been kind to my feet. I was told that I was flat footed at 14, and that from that point forward I would have to go to an orthopedist if I needed shoes. My insurance ran out, and I needed a new pair desperately. I jumped on the idea of shoes being affordable, and bought the cheapest ones that could fit. (I currently wear a size 17, extra wide.) I immediately regretted my impulse purchase upon reading the reviews. Naturally I worried that my shoes would arrive and be the wrong size or poorly made. This was not the case. Do not refrain from buying from this website. I ordered my shoes on a Saturday, and they came on Wednesday. I am very pleased with this company.

Unlike Zappos which sends return labels with shoes with free return labels, this place is ridiculous. The shoes didn't fit at all so I called them. They promised to send me a return label in the mail. 2 weeks goes by. No label. I call again. It will "take 7 days to send label." REALLY? WHY 7 Days? To maybe hang onto my money longer? ALSO, there will be a $6.95 "restocking fee." DUMB. For shoes??? Shoes are very tricky to buy online. Probably half won't fit properly. How do they plan to compete with Zappos which sends the return label with the shoes and doesn't charge a restocking fee. I hope these duds go out of business. They deserve to. Stick with Zappos. AVOID this company like the plague. Now I just have to see if the label arrives...

I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com on June 13th, 2017. They arrived on June 19th, 2017. The shoes were too narrow for me (They were a size wide, but apparently I need a wider size for this type of shoe). At any rate, I decided to return the shoes... But time slipped away. When I went online (June 15th) to get the return label printed the web-site wouldn't let me do it. So I wrote customer service. I knew their return policy was 60 days... And it was June 15th - before the 60 days... But it turns out it is 60 days from the order - not from receiving the shoes. This seems pretty unfair to me and I certainly won't be ordering from them again. Customer service would not make an exception.

I ordered matching evening bag and shoes for an event. The shoes were shipped on time and I received them within a week. However the bag was shipped 10 days after my order and I still did not receive it. It was too late. I have inquired about it several times by email and each time the customer service wrote back that I will receive an email when it ships. By the time it was shipped I had purchased a different bag and matching shoes from elsewhere. So not only Shoes.com items were useless as the bag was shipped ridiculously late but returning things costs the customer $6.95 per item. Overall dealing with this company was a total pain.

I purchased a pair of women's New Balance Running shoes from shoes.com for about $85. I really liked the shoes and I was planning on keeping them so I threw away the box they came in. After a month and a half of wearing them 3 days a week for an hour, the pink part of the sole was completely worn away, while the rest of the sole was unworn. Being dissatisfied, I returned the shoes with an explanation that they were defective. I kept checking shoes.com for the status of my return and when the return status was no longer visible on the website, I called to find out the status.

The customer service rep told me that the shoes were being returned to me because they were worn, dirty and missing the original box. I explained I had to return them this way because I planned on keeping them until I found out they were defective. I put all of these comments in the online return form only to have my comments ignored. The CSR would not do anything other than repeat why the return was not accepted. There's nothing more frustrating than having a CRS that doesn't know how to help customers. I told him exactly what he needed to do to satisfy my needs and he said I needed to escalate my call to a supervisor. I explained I don't work there and by the tone of my voice (angry) he should know that it's HIS JOB to escalate the call, not mine.

Finally I got a supervisor on the phone that gave me the same spiel about the shoes being worn, dirty, etc. I said none of that matters because they're defective. The supervisor said they would review my case and get back to me within 3-5 business days. I received the shoes the next day with a note indicating shoes.com could not resold. 5 business days came and went and I never heard back from shoes.com so I disputed the transaction with my Costco Citi Visa Credit Card and received a full refund within 24 hours. I will never purchase anything from shoes.com again. EVER!

On July 13 I ordered a pair of slippers for my wife's birthday. While I was 30 miles away and no one home, the tracking information indicated the package was delivered. Get home and no package. I call customer service and they tell me a claim has to be put in with UPS and then I will get a credit. All I want are the slippers. The claim was put in and eventually the UPS driver even came to my house to ask questions. He told me he was off the day of delivery and it looks like his substitute tossed the box near my door per GPS and the box was stolen. According to the response on PayPal, Shoes.com UPS alleges I personally received the package, then they had a second response and apparently it was received by someone I never heard of. Will never buy from the again. Learned my lesson.

I ordered a pair of shoes for a child on the 1st of August with a 20 dollar extra fee for next day air. I contacted them the next day to find out when the shoes would be here and they were like next week sometime. So I asked to speak to a manager and the man asked me "why" because he needs a reason to get a manager, I said because I don't want to talk to you any longer and he said that's not a reason. So they charged me for next day air knowing that because of the way they process things that it wasn't going to be possible that it wasn't going to be there in a couple of days. Total bad business to treat your customers this way. Not trying to be hard but one would think if you pay next day air on a Tuesday you ought to at least get it on that Friday but not the next week.

Have not received order from Shoe Buy which I placed April 18, 2017. Order was for sandals. Have not heard a word from this company. Also, I am on Social Security, and wanted a pair of sandals for the summer. No way to run a business. Would not recommend this site to anyone. Horrible.

Deceptive advertising with a 25% off the site, that did not apply to my shoes. That should have been my first "red flag." Received the shoes, way too small, discovered that there is a restocking fee. The shoes I ordered are not available in the size that I need, so not possible to make an exchange. I would not recommend this site for shoes, there are many other sites with better customer service.

Ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com. After reading the description of the shoes decided to try them because they were described as having good support and a patent pending design for good support. I have problems with my feet. I received the shoes with no problem, but I wore the shoes for about 1/2 day inside my house with socks on - the shoes did not have near the support advertised so I knew I wouldn't be able to wear them.

Returned the shoes including a note telling them I have foot problems so could not wear the shoes because they did not provide the support as advertised. Indicated I wanted a refund. 3 weeks later I received the shoes back with a note saying they could not give me a refund because the soles and insoles were dirty and the shoes could not be re-sold. This was completely false - the shoes were not dirty at all and returned in perfect condition. I called customer service and asked to speak to a supervisor who told me they take pictures of the shoes and that they would do an "image review" and for me to call back in 2 days to see what they decided. I told her I did not see how they could make a determination by looking at pictures and she insisted they could.

Ok so I called back in 2 days and of course they stuck to their story of the shoes being dirty. I told them I did not agree as the shoes were returned in perfect condition and in the same box. The supervisor just kept saying she understood, but they would not refund my money. I then asked for the phone number for their corporate office which she gave me, but then all of a sudden she was offering me a 30% discount on another pair of shoes. I then asked for the address for their corporate office and she said they were not allowed to give out the corporate address over the phone!! I then asked "How are people supposed to write to the company in that case?" And she told me I could search for the address on Google!! Pretty shady if you ask me. This is bad business on the part of Shoes.com. I won't be doing business with them anymore and neither will my friends and family which amount to quite a few customers being lost on their end.

I rarely take time to pass along valuable information to consumers, but I feel compelled to do so now. I had never ordered from this company before, and failing to research their ratings, I made the mistake of ordering some shoes from them. (I have ordered from 6pm.com countless times, so I figured that Shoes.com was a reputable company as well. MY bad!!) The shoes I ordered were name brand shoes, known for their comfort in helping those of us with feet issues. The price seemed good, so I ordered 2 pair of shoes. When I received them, I determined that the shoes were clearly defective/not true to size. (With labels like this, I immediately thought they were NOT genuine name brand products, as these 2 companies have a reputation to uphold.)

I called Shoes.com and asked for a return label, as well as a FULL REFUND, since they had sent me defective, counterfeit products. They refused to return my shipping costs... AND on top of that, they charged me RESTOCKING FEES! This is criminal, and I have no idea how this scam company hasn't been removed by the Consumer Protection Agency. They don't do their job in protecting consumers from the millions of scammers out there. With all of these other bad reports about Shoes.com (on this site, AND other sites), something surely should have been done by now... but since that is unlikely, I AM HERE TO WARN CONSUMERS, NOT TO BUY FROM SHOES.COM. This is a total scam website. I hope this reaches many others. I do not wish to leave either my order number or receipt, as I don't want to subject anything personal that can be used by hackers. Just take me on my word, consumers!!

I wish I had read the reviews prior to ordering. Because I had given these shoes as a gift to someone else and the box was inadvertently thrown away, the shoes could not be returned. The shoes were the wrong size and so could not be worn. We had all the other tags and info though. I know what company will never get any of my business again.

You have to use this company's customer service department to open a gone-missing delivery. THEY contact UPS and UPS calls customer and IF you miss the phone call, it is assumed you don't want to open the case and you start all over again with the process. WHAT kind of service is that? I wish I had read this site and the reviews before I ordered. Bad service, bad all the way around. Their delivery time is just disgusting along with an attitude from customer service.

Received 5 pairs ordered, as requested. Son did not like 3, so called in, while on computer, doing exchange. Had 1st person on Phone and this is how it went: Wanted to exchange to avoid the $7 dollar 'restock' charge. Total credit / exchange for $237.94. First Call: On phone with lady, I can see my order, with option to exchange on website - but I'm on phone to make sure correct exchange. She did something on her end while on phone, and I could not process the exchange on line. She says, "You have to pay for new order to exchange!” I say, "What?! You just locked me out of my own exchange. No, I will not pay again, when I am exchanging." She says, “Oh, OK, I will take the new order, when we receive all 3 pairs, we will ship out exchange."

Gave her the items with codes and all description as appeared on site. She emailed 3 labels for 3 pairs. I informed will send all in one box, she replied, "Place only one label on box." Almost 2 hours on phone. 7/5/17 week later called as informed on 1st call. Spoke with Brian, check tomorrow, products not in. 7/6/17 spoke with Cary, informed I received one email, with one product return. She said waiting for 2 others, I informed, they all shipped together, and placed one label, other 2 inside box as instructed. She put me on hold and came back to say all 3 received.

Have to wait 1-10 days for credit and no charge for restocking will be applied as I requested exchange. Expect 3-5 days for emails with credits to be received. Almost 2 hours on phone. 7/7/17 spoke with Regina. This is where it really gets hipped on the scheme. Received 3 emails and one charge with restocking fee $6.95. Asked why charged fee? Exchange items 2 'out of stock' and '1 unavailable'. What does Unavailable even mean? Put on hold. Comes back and she said, "Well, it seems we can ship the 'unavailable' item to reimburse the restocking fee but you have to pay again." 'Why? You have received the return 3 items, and I have no credit on my credit card." She again repeats the names of 'out of stock' and I said, I requested exactly that model. “Oh notes show different color." But you have to give your card to place the order as the credit is in process and we can void the restocking fee.

So, they did not place the exchange as requested. They had 3 items returned. They charged me the restocking fee, even though I was told I would not be charged. Requested exchange, and it was not done. 2 hours on phone. Overall, I was polite, patient and laughed, and because of that, they were polite, but it is a scam. As principal, I am disputing the restocking fee with my CC, but the fact that 1st person did not allow me to do exchange to recharge me for new items; that 'all items' requested 'out of stock' and 'unavailable' to send exchange and then say, oh yes we can, you have to pay again, and all the time on phone.

Save yourself the headache. Not worth it, and the shoes where not cheap, I ended buying all 5 because one happened to be on sale. If you want same shoes, at same price elsewhere, avoid this company at all means. The biggest rip off scheme, take into account, $6.95 x 5,000 people being scammed to buy in a day in the country = they make $34,750 a day on restocking scheme. As I told Regina before hanging up, “You lost a good customer, as you see I spent over $300 dollars in one purchase, as most purchases I do online for convenience and save drive time, for a $6.95 charge and exchange scheme. Shoes.com must be making great money out of this rip-off scheme."

It is unfortunate as a first time user/customer of shoes.com that I would have to write a very dissatisfied review. I purchased a pair of Dansko Helen Sneakers for my mom as a gift on June 13, 2017. I expected the shoes to take longer than 5 business days, and possibly 10-14, but not anything more than that. After 10 days, June 23, 2017, I called 844-200-8414 and the representative provided me with the disclaimer that since the package is getting shipped to a P.O. Box that it would take a little longer than 5 days.

After a few more days have passed, I tried tracking the package through the link provided in my email but I received an error. I knew it worked before because I checked the shipping status before making my first inquiry over the phone. I thought, it is possible that the website is going under development or something technical that will be resolved by the next day.

I tried tracking the package again the following day and the same error occurred. I called 888-200-8414 to inquire about the status of the package on June 27, 2017. The gentleman I spoke to also had the same issue I did but somehow he was able to provide me with an update that it was last scanned in Illinois. I then shared my frustration of the process and asked how long it would be before the shipment makes it to my mother and he told me no later than July 5, 2017. I asked to speak with his supervisor and he said she was in a meeting but he'd have a supervisor call me. Gloria called a few hours after and left a voicemail. I didn't get a chance to call her back, hoping by July 5th the package would arrive and all would be well. Before we got off the phone, I mentioned I really wanted her to have it before the 4th of July and it reassured me The package will make it by July 5th.

Today is July 6, 2017, and the package has not been shipped to the P.O. Box. Today's inquiry, I spent more than an hour on the phone, of which the first representative had me on hold close to 20 minutes trying to find a supervisor. The lady told me my package was delivered and should have received it June 22, 2017. I briefed her of my correspondence for the last few weeks and all she can provide me was the delivery date that was not accurate. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was placed on hold numerous times. I believe I asked to speak with her supervisor 4 times before finally getting through to a supervisor.

I was then connected with Mrs. **, Customer Service, Supervisor in Boston, MA. During our interaction she started polite and professional. However, the more questions I asked and providing her details of each interaction I've had such as everyone I have had interactions with each has provided a different story and timeline, the more impatient she was getting.

From my understanding of how she explained the delivery/shipment process is that my order was last scanned in Illinois on June 22, 2017 by shoes.com's carrier UPS. Since the shipping address is to a P.O. Box it has been turned over to USPS... which at the point, Customer Service cannot provide any details of the tracking status because it's not the organization's carrier.

She suggested that I reach out to the local USPS and track the package myself. *As a customer, I strongly do not agree that I should follow up and track a purchase through a different portal/Organization. I recommended that she or the process that is currently at place should research where my purchase is and provide me with a follow up. As a customer, I am already frustrated and have been on the phone with shoes.com for over the allotted time I anticipated and now I am being directed to do more Research on a purchase I made over 3 weeks ago.*

She also stressed that shoes.com mentions that shipments to a P.O. Box takes longer than physical addresses. She mentioned P.O. Box shipments take an additional 10-14 days. *I fully understand as this was a disclaimer I read when I purchased the item... however, I never read a disclaimer with specific timeframes for delivering to a P.O. Box. If I would have known it'd take up to 2 weeks (in this case it's been more than 3 and still don't have it) I could have easily purchased the Dansko's at a store and ship it myself! The issue I have is that I was reassured that I would receive the package no later than July 5, 2017.

I asked her to send me an email with the tracking information, any process or steps I need to do to find my package since Shoes.com will not. She committed to sending it to me within and hour of disconnecting and it's past an hour and I do not have the email. I also recommended that the gentleman who provided me with incorrect dates about my package arriving no later than July 5th would be properly trained. Mrs. ** said she'd give me a follow call sometime after 12 p.m. EST on Saturday, July 8, 2017.

Yesterday I ordered a pair of Skechers shoes from Shoes.com. I read the info about how it could take up to a week to receive my order unless I chose express delivery. So I paid $20 extra for express delivery which is supposed to get here today. I was curious to find out what time today I was scheduled to receive my shoes so I called Shoes.com. When I called I was instructed to press 0 for a representative. So I did. A man who couldn't speak English very well answered. When I asked him when I could expect my order today he hung up on me. So I called back.

This time I got a girl who asked me for my order number which I gave. I asked her what time today I would get my item. She referred me to the small print which clearly states express delivery, which I paid for, would not take the wait. So I said I paid for express delivery. She didn't say anything. So I asked her if I could get my money back for next day delivery and she hung up! This so called company should be closed down. If anyone out there reading this wants to go into a class action suit, contact me.

I have never written a negative review on the internet -- I don't like negativity -- but I feel compelled to this time because I was just treated so badly by the Shoes.com customer service department. Paid an extra $20 for 1-day shipping, but shoes are slated to take at least 4 days to get to me -- and customer service rudely told me that shoes take a few days to "process," so even if I ordered 1-day shipping, I was unreasonable to expect them to get to me in 1 or 2 days. Didn't I read the website, explaining processing time, they told me condescendingly... When I asked for refund on $20 shipping fee, they were real **. I have never been treated so badly by a shoe customer service department! Stupid on their part to lose a customer over $20. They could have just apologized and refunded that shipping fee. Instead they put me on hold, cut me off, said that no manager was available to speak to me about it, etc. This is no way to run a business.

My wife and I bought 3 pairs of flip flops from Shoes.com and all three were wrong! We tried to call customer service, which reps were all rude and disrespectful. They were unwilling to waive the 6.99 restocking fee for EACH ITEM as per policy. So we had to find another product online to exchange for the product. We finally found a Patagonia jacket to make an exchange for to avoid the ridiculous restocking fee; however, when we finally received a call from the manager the following day, all Patagonia products were temporarily removed (HOW CONVENIENT).

Long story short, this is by far the worst customer service/retail experience my wife and I have ever experienced in our 30 years of existence. If you happen to find this post, please realize that we never leave comments so take this post seriously when considering Shoes.com. Supervisor Gloria or manager Steve was not willing to help or accommodate at all. They were very rude and short with my wife and were the most disrespectful customer service reps we have ever dealt with. ZAPPOS is WAAAY BETTER!

Since the change from shoebuy.com to Shoes.com now they charge $6.95 for a restocking fee when it used to be free shipping and returns. I bought A LOT of my shoes at shoebuy.com because I'm a different shoe size depending on how the shoe is made. I'd buy the shoes in two different sizes and return the one that didn't fit. Looks like it's back to the bricks and mortar stores where I can actually try the shoes on. IMO, it's bad business practice to not post on the main web page that they now charge a restocking fee, but I guess like most companies shoes.com is greedy for gain and screw the customers. Won't be buying from them again, nor would I recommend them. Sad because I used to always give Shoebuy.com the highest rating.

The sight advertises free shipping and free returns but doesn't tell you upfront that you will be charged a $6.95 restocking fee! Yes it's there if you go to read the return policy, but who thinks to do that when it says free returns! So after getting stung once I will not be buying shoes from them again!

I ordered and paid $75 for a pair of size 13 Rockport shoes but Shoes.com sent me size 12. When I tried to return them Shoes.com said I was 1 day late and they would not accept them, even if THEY sent me the wrong size! So I donated that pair to the Salvation Army and bought a new pair at the Rockport store for only $60! They beat me for $75 plus my $12 shipping to return them. They are a bad business.

I was literally ten second away from clicking the "place order" tab. I opted to look up and read the reviews. This said, I completely changed my mind. I do not have time to deal with issues on 300+ dollar order and frankly I am unwilling to risk my hard earned money especially after reading some of what is written. I typically order from another on-line vendor and have never had bad luck however; they have been out stock on the dress shoes I order about every 3 months! Once again, thank you all for making consumers aware of the issues you have had to deal with. Perhaps one day the retailers will get it, Bad Reviews actually do count and impact your sales! something.

I ordered four pairs of shoes from Shoebuy. They initially charged me for all the shoes I had ordered as one lump sum. Then I noticed individual charges for the same shoes. One by one as they would ship I would see these additional amounts debited from my bank account. So in essence I was charged twice for the same shoes. It took about 5 days before the hold on my account for the "lump sum" amount was removed. I called them up and asked why they would do that? The answer was that's how they do business. In the meantime I did not have access to my money for five days. Either they bill for the whole amount on a multiple item order or they bill for the individual items as they ship (like Amazon), but they should not be able to do both.

Don't waste your time here. They are scammers. I paid for next day delivery but shoes arrived 3 days later. No longer needed the boots, so I called for a full refund. Arguing with them for an hour to get my shipping charges back. They said it was shipped the next day but it was supposed to be shipped the same day to arrive the next day. Made order before cutoff time. They finally said ok on return shipping. Now, I know there was a restocking fee but the whole mistake of me no longer needing these shoes was on them. So, why should I pay a restocking fee?

I understand if I got them in time & I just did not like them but they did not even arrive on time. Argued again for a while, but they acted like they already did me a favor by refunding the shipping. The worst customer service. Just go to Amazon & avoid this headache! + when I saw the refund on my cc, they did not even refund the shipping!!! Just called again to make sure they do that. We will see in 3-5 days! Will NEVER shop here again and recommend as the worst shoe company to buy from.

I placed an order on 5/10, and the UPS showed that they were delivered on 5/15, while I did not received the shoes at all. I called the customer service right away, and they said the investigation is going to take 10-15 business days. I then called UPS and filed the claim, UPS said that they will contact the seller to open the claim. And one week after that, I called Shoes.com again and they asked me to wait and then I asked to talk to a supervisor, after waiting for long minutes, they dropped me and when I called again, they said they will have someone call me. And I waited for another week, they did not call and today 6/8, when I call them, they told me to wait!!

They already took my money one month ago, yet they do not want to do anything but kept using the same excuse. I have been purchasing online a lot, this is the worst experience I ever had! If you can buy and pay for the shoes and not expect to receive them in a month, then you can shop with this seller, otherwise, STAY AWAY!!! VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.
  • Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.
  • Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.
  • Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.
  • Best for Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Compare Shoes Online