1.34/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

683 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Returned a bought pair of shoes for a size exchange. Shoes.com was very quiet - no email or anything. I used their online form (worthless!) to contact them 3 times about why I hadn't heard anything or hadn't received the replacement pair - never a response. So, I took time out from my busy schedule to call, and I found out the original pair I wanted to exchange was being shipped back to me. They claimed the shoes were dirty and had been worn. Not at all true! Those shoes were immaculate and I had only tried them on inside the house. That's what your customers need to do, shoes.com - try them on to see if they are right. These unfriendly folks have no idea how to get satisfied customers. Read all their bad reviews. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO BUY ELSEWHERE!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I just ordered a pair of 130 dollars boots but they seemed a bit bigger. After trying and walking at home few steps I wanted to exchange them first. Then ordered the new smaller size ones. Later, I read all the reviews here and how they were rejecting the returns, I didn’t want to end up with two pair of boots so I wanted to cancel my order within 30 minutes. Chris the idiot customer service apparently wanted to put my request in a request but there is guaranty for it, he said. I told him it is in their return and cancellation policy that I can cancel not shipped orders but apparently no. So after having discussions and he getting rude to me, I told him I’m canceling the payment through my bank account and please go ahead and ship the boot to me :)), let’s see if I get them after that???

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a pair of boots from Shoes.com. Once received I tried them on. They did not fit. I repackaged them exactly the way they came to me and paid to return them. 2 weeks later I got the boots back with a note saying they could not be returned because the boots were worn, scuffed and soiled. That is completely a lie. I returned these boots 15 minutes after taking them out of the box as I received them with the tags attached. This company scams customers and now I have read review after review that says as much. Lesson learned is check out the company before ordering online or stick to Amazon. I am disputing the CC charge and I hope that I can get my money back. This company needs to be shut down as they keep defrauding customer!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Many people only come to these sites to complain. I on the other hand have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. Great prices, great selection, great fit, fast shipping, tons of discounts and I promise you will have a hard time beating the prices. Most of the complaints I read were about returning shoes. These are probably the same people that drink a half gallon of milk then decide to return it for their money back. If you do your homework research the type of shoe, know your shoe size, you shouldn’t have a problem at all. I hope those helps, overall a great company to buy from.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a pair of Dr. Martens from this website before reading the reviews, and after I read them I was TERRIFIED. Fortunately, my shoes arrived in the mail in a timely manner in the right size, style, and perfect condition. I am perfectly satisfied with my purchase, and I got a HUGE discount. Most of the negative reviews I have seen deal with returns gone wrong or wrong sizing which may be due to the fact that the website asks for your UK shoe size which is two sizes smaller. Moral of the story, if you want a good discount and are confident that you won't want to return the shoes you order you should totally order from this website. Just pay very close attention to what shoe size it's asking for and don't try to return anything lol.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a $140 shoe from this place, will never do that again. Please be aware that if you try on a shoe they may not accept it even if it was in the same condition that you bought it for. I am very disappointed with this company, I thought they were reputable. Companies such as this one is the reason people shop at Amazon exclusively. They returned to me the shoe I bought citing that they will be unable to resell the shoe. The shoe I returned is unblemished and thinking that there would be a refund coming to my account, I bought the same one with the right size.

For a shoe business, they have a ridiculous idea that customers need to try on the shoe specially when it is purchased online. I am disappointed that I bought from this company and I urge would be buyers to try other places. Don’t be lured by the deep discounts, they will make you pay more. Customer service is abysmal. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have been a returning customer with this company but never again! If I could give zero stars I would. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy from Shoes.com. Read the Better Business Bureau complaints if the bad reviews here aren’t enough to scare you! I purchased a $55 pair of boots as a Birthday gift for my daughter. When the boots didn’t fit and I attempted to return the brand new, in the box boots, I was refused a refund. Speaking to Steve ** in management was no help at all. He stated a 60 day return policy during the time of my purchase yet they are currently offering 90 days on returns due to the holidays.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Do not order from shoes.com. I ordered a pair of shoes and got a completely wrong pair in the mail. When I called to talk to a manager that I wanted the correct pair mailed he told me they were out of stock and did not want to offer me another pair for the same price I paid in another color even though it was their fault! When I asked again about having the same price he told me no and that he wouldn’t offer me anything. Total crooks. I’ll never order from them again.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

WORST SERVICE EVER! I ordered a pair of shoes to be sent as a gift to be shipped to an address other than mine. I filled out the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses properly on the website. A day or so later I received an email stating the order has been shipped. However, it was shipped to the wrong address. I called the company, gave them the correct shipping address. After a few days I tracked the order online and it was STILL going to the wrong address. I called UPS, they said there was nothing they could do that it was up to the seller. I called them again. Gave them the correct shipping address... again... It's still going to the wrong address. NEVER AGAIN... DON'T BUY FROM THIS SELLER!!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes 2 weeks ago and the site has been telling me since then the order is "in process". After 1 week of waiting I requested to cancel my order. They told me they were not sure if this would be possible because the order might already be filled. Well, it is now 5 days (3 full business days) and my request to cancel is still in limbo. I emailed them again and they told me it takes 24 to 48 hours in business days to cancel an order. I replied that it has been more than that and am waiting for a response. This whole deal just seems shady to me, so I contacted PayPal and hopefully they will resolve it.

My suggestion to anyone thinking about buying from this company is DON'T. Any business that can't give at least an approximate time for when a product will be sent out is not worth the time or frustration they bring. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. They were nice enough to say that if the shoes were already sent out, that I could print a free return label, but there would be a $6.95 restocking fee. How nice of them???

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchase on average - $10,000-$18,000 a year from Amazon. I decided to stray from Amazon for shoes and go with Shoes.com for the first time on a rather large $500 shoe order. Little did I know they were loaded up with restrictions. Restocking fees. God help you if you throw away ANY part of the box, even the inside tissue, they'll reject the return. Also, ANY WEAR over trying on shoes while sitting will reject the return. That includes walking around your home for an hour, or walking to the mailbox - REJECTED. Amazon usually costs more, but it's worth it because Amazon will always back you up and send things back to the manufacturer. Shoes.com will NEVER side with you and will only cause you headaches. First AND last order with this firm completed!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Free and easy returns is an out right lie. You MUST, I repeat - MUST have the original shoe box and packaging or they will not accept the return. I recycle shoe boxes and did it expect to have to make a return. However, when I tried on the next day - shoes didn't fit. The customer "service" tells me there is NOTHING they can do without the original shoe box. Are you kidding me?!! No return, no exchange, no partial refund - NOTHING. Customer service was extremely rude as well. ***EVEN THOUGH I READ THE FINE PRINT- which states "returns SHOULD be in the same packaging" I saw no issue. It does NOT say anywhere that it MUST and if not, they won't accept. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

They had the shoes I wanted and a better price than anywhere else. I noticed that had not only a selection that no store could afford to have in stock but, also every size and width shoe possible. I liked them before Walmart owned them as shoebuy.com and still do as shoes.com. Know your size and brand and get what you want.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

As a contractor I am on my feet for the majority of the day. My boots are what supports my body and allows me to continue working. I returned the boots that I purchased, through Shoes.com. I did not get refunded the money and the boots were delivered back to my address. I returned the boots, meaning I was not satisfied, but they were shipped right back to me. The exact same pair... I am unhappy with the service I was provided with by Shoes.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

North Face Jacket - I placed an order on 11/9/2018 and unfortunately I did not read the reviews for this company like I normally do. My BEST advice is NEVER ORDER FROM THEM. I noticed all of the bad reviews online and because of the reviews I called their customer service to try and cancel my order. The reviews stated that their products were of bad quality and if you returned any of their products they would charge you a return fee. They were quick to take the money out of my bank account but then tell me that they cannot cancel my order, but they can put a request in to cancel it but it would not be definite whether or not it will be cancelled. As someone who works for a distribution company this is complete and utter nonsense. The representative I spoke to was very rude and spoke to me as if I was incompetent. Long story short -- do not, I repeat DO NOT buy anything from this website. I am not sure why they are still an existing "company".

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I ordered a very expensive pair of Dr. Martens Boots. Website said wouldn't ship to Canada so went through a shipping company to import them to Canada. Paid an extra $106 CAD to do so. Boots arrived and some idiot in your warehouse sent me a left size 5 and a right size 6. Called customer care. Explained my situation and was told that I would have to ship them back (another $106) to the shipping company, go-between and from there they would ship them back for free so they could send out a pair both of the same size to the shipping company and I could pay another $106 to have them shipped to Canada. A corporation has insurance to cover loss and damages. It should be their loss, not my loss to cover their worker's error and throw 1 boot in the mail to me right away to that I have a pair the same size! Terrible service. Do not shop here. Buyer Beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I absolutely love this site! I found out about it from the Ibotta app, and the combo of getting money back in that app, and the great deals from this website are great! I’ve bought about 5 pair of shoes from there so far and couldn’t say better things about them! The shipping takes a little longer since it’s ground, but I don’t have an issue with that!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have purchased several pairs of shoes per year for myself and various family members at Shoes.com (formerly ShoeBuy.com) for many years and never had a problem before, presumably because I was ordering shoes that I was familiar with and knew exactly what size to get, and I ordered the same brands and styles repeatedly, so I never had to worry about returns or dealing with customer service. Recently, however, I ordered some very expensive orthotic shoes for both myself and my mother, and it was a nightmare. I did a lot of research before deciding which brand and style to order, and my decision was ultimately based on the information provided by Shoes.com as well as the glowing 4- and 5-star reviews.

The website said that the shoes ran small and recommended ordering a larger size that you would normally wear, and reviews stated that they were only small in width, not length. I normally wear a 7 wide and my mother normally wears a 6, so I ordered a 7 extra wide for myself and a 6 wide for my mother. Mine were huge but I still drove 30 miles to drop off the other pair to my mother, hoping that hers would fit better. She had the same result but, rather than making a special trip to pick them up, and because Shoes.com makes such a big deal of their free returns and exchanges policy, I simply ordered another pair for myself in a 6.5 wide, thinking that I would return the other two pairs for a refund after my next visit to her, as she had decided that she didn't want another pair.

The second pair that I had ordered for myself also turned out to be huge so I tried on the pair that I got back from her and they were also too big. Mind you, this pair was a full size smaller than I normally wear and they were still too big, even though Shoes.com said they run small. At that point, I just figured I would return all 3 pairs at their expense and the only thing I would have lost would be my time. They did send pre-paid return labels, but they charged me a total of $20.85 because the fine print buried deep in the website says that you have to pay a restocking fee of $6.95 for each pair that you return for a refund rather than exchanging. So much for the free returns and exchanges that they have plastered all over the website.

But still, even though the restocking fees came as a shock, I accepted it and chalked it up to a lesson learned. But in order to hopefully prevent someone else from going through the same ordeal, I submitted a very respectful but detailed review...and it was never posted. A week later, I submitted a second review that was also not posted. Now I know why all the reviews are 4 and 5 stars...because Shoes.com refuses to post any review that might hurt their bottom line. It's sad really, because this was the only place that I have purchased shoes for so many years, and now I will never shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

The website would not let me finalize my order. After about 7 attempts to access the website I called customer service to place the order. I gave all the information to the agent and he said it back to me. This be name, address etc., etc. Needless to say I received an email confirming the order and the shipping address and billing address were both wrong. I called to have it changed and the agent changed it and I then asked for the agent to repeat it back to double check. Again they repeated back the wrong address. So I canceled the order and checked my credit card and there is a charge for the purchase but the guarantee it will come off of the card in 3 to 5 days. Asked for an email to confirm the cancellations and was told there will not be one and, "Not to worry. You will be refunded." WHAT. You have got to be kidding me. I’ll wait and see. They are fast to take your money but slow to refund it. I’ve used them twice FIRST AND LAST.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have such a very bad experience customer service with Shoes.com!!! So, I bought shoes for my boyfriend, but unfortunately, my boyfriend couldn’t wear it because the shoes were too small for him. I knew that it had been 3 months after I purchased these shoes. The thing is that I bought his shoes when he was in the army’s training which takes about 3-4months. When he came out and tried. They couldn’t fit him and I was trying to give his shoes to my dad or brother, but no one could not wear them. So I called the customer service at Shoes.com if it possible to exchange the shoes to the size that my boyfriend could wear, but they refused to exchange them for me.

I tried to tell them the reason why I wanted to exchange these shoes after two months. I told them that I didn’t ask for returning but I just wanted to exchange them. The person who talk to me hold on the phone and let me wait for about 15 mins, so that he could talk to the manager. When he came back, he told me that they didn’t have more bigger size left. The only thing I could do was returning those shoes and they would give me the refund. Well, I said, "If you guys don’t have the bigger size, I think I will just return it."

So, the person who talked to me said that I have to send them back to the warehouse which I have to spend 10 USD for the shipping because they cannot send me the pre-paid label. When they received the shoes, they had to minus the restocking fee which I understood that. Basically the whole process of returning minus my the price of the shipping and restocking, I got 5.29 USD back.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

Recently purchased a $100+ pair of shoes advertised as wide width. Width was more medium. Tried on shoes and walked around in them for a few minutes and determined they would not work out for me. Requested label to return for refund less ‘restocking fee’. Shoes were returned to me without notice indicating that they had been worn and soles were scuffed and therefore unsellable. Pretty shady and sketchy. If you don’t try them on you won’t know if they fit. If you try them on and they don’t fit you have now ‘worn’ them and they won’t accept returns. Wish I had seen these reviews/complaints before buying. Seems that it is a no win situation for the consumer. I will never buy from them again and strongly recommend not buying from these shysters.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

DO NOT PAY FOR NEXT DAY SERVICE. I ordered the Steve Madden Sinclair Mules on Oct 25,18 and paid an extra $20.00 for next day service. It is now Oct 28, 2018 and the shoe has not arrived. I called Shoes.com customer service and spoke to Camilo a phone representative and I spoke to Daniel a supervisor both representatives of Shoes.com refused to refund me for the next day delivery service. Instead they directed me to their extremely hard to find shipping policies on Shoes.com's website and said per their policy I am receiving next day delivery service.

Truly prior to completing my purchase I searched Shoes.com's website for an explanation of their next day delivery service but couldn't find anything on their website pertaining to an explanation of Shoes.com delivery services. My expectations for next day delivery is truly next day not 3 to 5 days after my order is placed. According to Daniel the Shoes.com supervisor I should have called Shoes.com if I had concerns about delivery options prior to placing my order and at this point there is nothing he can do for me. Daniel also told me I should expect the shoe to arrive by Oct 29, 2018 which is 4 days after I placed my order. This is horrible customer service and Shoes.com next day delivery is misleading and a false statement. Never ever spend the extra money for next day delivery with Shoes.com.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Today I called the customer service line regarding my recent purchase to request an exchange. The shoes were worn for two hours and were not dirty. I stated I was a new customer, and I inadvertently ordered the wrong size. I stated I read their return policy but it appeared subject to approval and hoping they would accept my request. During my phone conversation, the customer service representative, repeatedly laughed, interrupted and frequently stated the return policy. Their return policy states "Items should be unworn" not "CANNOT be worn."

I quickly became irritable with the CSR and requested a supervisor. The CSR stated he would transfer me, but it was pointless because they would repeat the same verbiage. Yes, the supervisor was repetitive, however, offered a 30% discount to purchase another pair of shoes which is their current sale. I requested to exchange not purchase another pair! Customer support person's job is to listen and resolve. My issue wasn't resolved, and it appears neither were many others. Stick with Nordstrom, people. Shoes.com will not last because their service is incredibly careless, belittlingly and extremely poor.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I received a coupon in the mail this week for Family And Friends sale less 30%. It states on the front of coupon the following brands. Ugg, Skechers, Clark’s, Rockport, Ecco and some other well known brands. There is a coupon code on the coupon. I tried to buy a pair of Uggs online and I couldn’t use the coupon code. I called customer service and was told Ugg brand wasn’t included in this sale. I asked why the flyer includes Uggs. I couldn’t get an answer. I was told I could get 10% off. I said, "No I want what is advertised. 30%." I asked to speak to a supervisor and after waiting on the phone the same person came on to offer me 20%. I told them that this wasn’t right. How can you send me an offer that states the brand Ugg and not stand by it. So I am telling the world that Shoes.com doesn’t stand by what they offer. I will no longer be buying from this company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Still waiting for order to ship, only respond to emails with a form letter. Zero customer service. Emailed to cancel the order. They can’t because order has been sent to “warehouse” but there it sits still processing. If I send it back, if it ever shows up the free returns will cost $7. Not a company I’ll ever do business with again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

Horrible to deal with - difficult to even understand and cannot print out a return label and then have to wait for a snail mail label and by then too late for them to accept the return! Do not order from them. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I tried Shoes.com because I mistakenly believed they had free shipping and free return shipping, like they claim on their site, and no hassles, like Zappos. WRONG. I ordered two pairs of Dr. Martens that did not fit well, never worn, returned them and waited over 3 weeks. Emailed them several times asking the status of my returns. Received 2 replies saying, "Sorry for the wait, our warehouse is backed up... we'll email you when your refund is issued." Another week goes by and my shoes are back on my doorstep, not returnable because one original box and original tags missing. Just ridiculous and will never use their site again!!! Zappos only, why did I stray? :-)

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I order 2 pairs of shoes and because of their (I thought) great return policy I thought I'd have no problem returning them. BIG mistake. First there is a $6.95 restocking fee. Second if you don't have the original box that is the shoe box, they will not accept the returns. Sadly enough I did not save that box (would you?) and therefore they will not accept the shoes if they are returned. I talked to Javier, the man that answered the phone, Alex, the supervisor and Steve the manager. All I got was "that's the policy" and they would offer no exceptions. I've never dealt with any other company that demands returns be in the "original" box and all other things that were in the package and in the shoe box. I noticed that overall this company did not receive many positive reviews. I should have looked here first.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I really wish I had read their reviews before spending a DIME with them!! I bought a pair of shoes that was too big so I called to exchange them for a half size smaller. That's all fine. However, they fail to tell you that they charge you for the pair that will be sent to exchange the ones you've already bought!! So, after going through the whole process, 20 minutes later I changed my mind and called them back to cancel the exchange. Spoke to the first moron that said I only had 5 minutes to change my mind on the order. I turn I asked for a supervisor named "Ryan" (no ID or badge number). Went through the whole process with him. He told me that he had sent an email to the warehouse. This was on Thursday Sept 27th and that I hadn't seen the cancellation of order by email by Tuesday that I should call back.

So Tuesday (today) rolls around and what do I get but a confirmation of shipment for the order that I canceled. Needless to say, I'm mad as a wet hen by now. I call them back. Went through the WHOLE thing AGAIN. And their answer? "Well, we'll waive the restocking fee for you"! When their website explicitly says "FREE RETURNS AND EXCHANGES". I've already spoken with my bank to dispute the charge on my account. All I can say is LESSON learned. NEVER AGAIN!! So please, if you're thinking about using them just be careful, they're a sham!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

In the large print it says free returns and exchanges. So I ordered 2 pair of shoes. Silly me. In the small print it says $6.95 restocking fee if you return! I love paying $14 for absolutely nothing! Will never use them again if I can hopefully remember this.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs