1.22/5

657 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I tried Shoes.com because I mistakenly believed they had free shipping and free return shipping, like they claim on their site, and no hassles, like Zappos. WRONG. I ordered two pairs of Dr. Martens that did not fit well, never worn, returned them and waited over 3 weeks. Emailed them several times asking the status of my returns. Received 2 replies saying, "Sorry for the wait, our warehouse is backed up... we'll email you when your refund is issued." Another week goes by and my shoes are back on my doorstep, not returnable because one original box and original tags missing. Just ridiculous and will never use their site again!!! Zappos only, why did I stray? :-)

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I order 2 pairs of shoes and because of their (I thought) great return policy I thought I'd have no problem returning them. BIG mistake. First there is a $6.95 restocking fee. Second if you don't have the original box that is the shoe box, they will not accept the returns. Sadly enough I did not save that box (would you?) and therefore they will not accept the shoes if they are returned. I talked to Javier, the man that answered the phone, Alex, the supervisor and Steve the manager. All I got was "that's the policy" and they would offer no exceptions. I've never dealt with any other company that demands returns be in the "original" box and all other things that were in the package and in the shoe box. I noticed that overall this company did not receive many positive reviews. I should have looked here first.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I really wish I had read their reviews before spending a DIME with them!! I bought a pair of shoes that was too big so I called to exchange them for a half size smaller. That's all fine. However, they fail to tell you that they charge you for the pair that will be sent to exchange the ones you've already bought!! So, after going through the whole process, 20 minutes later I changed my mind and called them back to cancel the exchange. Spoke to the first moron that said I only had 5 minutes to change my mind on the order. I turn I asked for a supervisor named "Ryan" (no ID or badge number). Went through the whole process with him. He told me that he had sent an email to the warehouse. This was on Thursday Sept 27th and that I hadn't seen the cancellation of order by email by Tuesday that I should call back.

So Tuesday (today) rolls around and what do I get but a confirmation of shipment for the order that I canceled. Needless to say, I'm mad as a wet hen by now. I call them back. Went through the WHOLE thing AGAIN. And their answer? "Well, we'll waive the restocking fee for you"! When their website explicitly says "FREE RETURNS AND EXCHANGES". I've already spoken with my bank to dispute the charge on my account. All I can say is LESSON learned. NEVER AGAIN!! So please, if you're thinking about using them just be careful, they're a sham!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

In the large print it says free returns and exchanges. So I ordered 2 pair of shoes. Silly me. In the small print it says $6.95 restocking fee if you return! I love paying $14 for absolutely nothing! Will never use them again if I can hopefully remember this.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

It has been weeks and I still haven’t recieved my package, a valid tracking number, or a phone number to contact them at, but the money I paid was taken out of my account almost immediately. Hoping to get a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Called to do an exchange as got the wrong color. First part I had to enter my order number on the phone tree. Once I got to a human the first thing he said was, "Can I get your order number." I asked what was the point of entering the order number first? The person could barely speak English. Frustrated with trying to explain my simple problem I asked to speak to someone else. He hung up on me. Will never order again from this company.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

This was the most ridiculous experience I've ever had. I ordered a pair of boots, they were delivered to FL, I live in TN. It took 14 days to "Research" the delivery, then said my money would be refunded. Well, that will apparently take another 2 weeks... 6 weeks later, I'd be better off making my own boots out of 2 liters and duct tape.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I ordered a size 7 pair of women's snow shoes. When I checked the order 2 hours later I saw size 11 had been ordered. I immediately got on the chat line and asked for the size to be changed. I was told the order had already been processed and all they could do was attempt to cancel the order. I received notification that the item had been dispatched. I then had to return the item at my own cost and my refund is $35 less than what I paid for the shoes. Do not buy anything from this company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

My husband loves Dockers shoes. I could not find them in our local stores so I ordered 2 different styles on Shoes.com - both 11 M the size he has worn for over 40 years. One of the pair fit him OK, but the other pair was so wide he could not keep them on his feet. I returned them with a note stating they were labeled the wrong size but was charged a $6.95 restocking fee anyway. Do NOT trust this company to send you first quality merchandise. The pair I returned were not 11 M - probably extra wide width. Since I was charged $6.95 for a restocking charge on a mislabeled pair of shoes, I will never purchase anything again from Shoes.com. This was my first and LAST purchase from Shoes.com.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

After a month, these plastic sandals showed up. For the price I paid, I could have done better at Walmart. Since I would have to pay for shipping to return them and they came from China, I decided to take the loss and threw them away. I tried to wear them but the materials is the same as rubber bands and it felt weird. The sole was a hard plastic and the sandal was flexible like a stretchy hair rubber band. Couldn’t do it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

After 5 days and no emails about the status of an order, called to cancel as I needed the shoes for a trip. Cannot do online so had to call customer service. Told they would "try" to cancel the order even though the shoes had not even shipped nor could tell me when they would ship. Said sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I requested that I get a copy of the request to cancel and they refused to provide. Said against company policy. What a scam. 48 hours later I get the shipped email even though I requested the cancellation and now I will have to pay the restocking fee of $6.95 when I return the merchandise that I longer want because I purchased elsewhere and already received the goods. Total scam to get 7 bucks, which will be disputed on my credit card. Also, note that I purchased luggage through this site a few years ago that fell apart after ONE trip. Refused to make good for that also! This site is horrible and a total consumer rip off!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

Was looking at chacos at REI and decided to shop around for the same shoes I tried on in the store. Saw Shoes.com had a coupon code and so the price would be $30 less than at REI. Bought the shoes. Then I got curious, because I’d never heard of Shoes.com, so I looked them up on Google. The reviews had me all kinds of worried. The shipping was slow, but ultimately the right pair of shoes arrived, no damage to the box and no issues with the shoes. Would definitely recommend trying on a pair of shoes in a physical store before buying them from an online store that doesn’t do 100% free returns. Shoes.com does not do free returns since you have to pay a “restocking fee”. So we got lucky.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

International customer (shipping from the USA to Canada). I purchased two pairs of shoes, both size 6.5, 4E width, one steel toe and one Skechers running shoe. Upon receiving them, I immediately realized that there was an issue, as the steel toes were 2 inches longer than the other shoe (despite being labeled as the same size). Contacted their customer service department and was informed that, as an international customer, even though the item was mislabeled and therefore not my fault, I was still responsible for return shipping. The Skechers with the memory foam insoles also went back. All in all, spent $50 in shipping to receive shoes that didn't work, $20 in customs fees to get them over the border, and another $50 to ship them back. THAT IS $120 NOW PAID FOR SHOES I DIDN'T EVEN KEEP. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SITE FOR INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes for my daughter for school. It took forever for them to ship and when I finally received them, they were not the size I ordered! They made me send pictures to prove their mistake. They are not going to send the correct size, and they want to make me return the shoes so they can refund my money. It was their mistake, just send me the right size. I don't want to wait to process a return and then reorder... annoying!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I ordered two pairs of shoes from Shoes.com. One half hour later I realized I had ordered the wrong pair and I called to change the order. Kashida said that this could not be done and that I would have to call back in two days to cancel. (Makes no sense). Finally, after several calls with the final call being to Toniann she said they would see if she could cancel the order. Two days later the order was cancelled. Three days later I called my credit card company to see if Shoes.com hold of $ 111.49 against my credit card was removed. It had not. When I called and spoke with George he said that the hold had not been removed by shoes.com and that he would see that it was removed but that it would take another three to five days to come off my credit card. My only question is it total incompetence or is it scamming people? AVOID THIS COMPANY. Is saving $20.00 worth 3 hours of your time?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

This company used to be a good one to order from when they were "Shoebuy.com". The change of name has taken a direct hit on their service after the sale. My recent order sat for a week before it moved from "In Process" and, since I paid using PayPal, that meant my money was in their pockets 6 days before the order was shipped out. Each time I called customer service to inquire about the order, I got an agent who I couldn't understand due to their Indian accent and, the email I sent was never answered. The order was finally shipped 5 days ago and tracking has not progressed since "Departure Scan". All in all, a terrible purchase experience and I'll never order from them again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Do not order from this company! It's a scam! Their email address for customer service is not real either & their customer service is the worst I've ever experienced! I just tried to send an email about my experience it came back as nonexistent, and if you call them telling them this they'll tell you to use another one that is also a fraud! Luckily I purchased with PAYPAL, so this company will be reported & hopefully I'll be fully refunded. Shoebuy.com was the best & now it's become Shoes.com! Don't ever purchase from this company.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I ordered a pair of dress shoes for work from Shoes.com. I was encouraged by their bragging about their "easy returns." Out of the box, they seemed to fit OK. I made the huge mistake of wearing them to work: from my house to my car in the driveway, then from my car in the parking lot at work to my office (maybe around 300 feet). Walking in the shoes I realized they really didn't fit. They were practically chewing up the backs of my heals and my big toe.

I decided I needed to return them. However, because I had "worn" them, they will not let me return them. I protested that I had only walked in them a very short distance. Here's the response I got: "Unfortunately as you have stated that your item is worn, you would not be able to return your item for an exchange or a basic return, as items are inspected for return acceptance criteria. If the review concludes that your item is worn as you have stated, it will be rejected and returned back to you." Pretty astonishing!

I think this kind of policy is very poor business practice. Shoes are one product that have to fit to be useful, and when buying over the internet it's even more difficult to ascertain that they will fit. I've never had a shoe vendor refuse a return after I wore the shoes a little and realized they were not for me. Not Shoes.com! Well, there are plenty of places to buy shoes nowadays, and I, for one, will not be doing business with Shoes.com in the future, and will warn anyone I can to avoid them. If you are planning to do business with Shoes.com, I recommend that you revise your plans!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Shoes.com delivers shoes labeled XW as extra wide. Nowhere on their website do they indicate XW correlates with a specific range of sizes and would not send a larger size two days after their so called return policy even though I was out of state for those days. This company sells basic styles online all year long and could have resold them as new to someone with a smaller foot; there is no reason why couldn't exchange them. This company does not deserve customers; they are the worst kind of distributor.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered a pair of Skechers boots size 6ww. I had gotten a 20% discount with a coupon. 9 days later I received the boots, a SIZE 8 wide. I called them to complain about this. They told me to ship the boots back and after they check that IT WAS THEIR MISTAKE they would issue a full refund. I then asked them to give me an exchange for the CORRECT SIZE. They told me that I would have to REORDER THE SHOES and that I would NOT RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT EVEN THOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT. I got the wrong shoes in the first place. Sounds like a scam to me, not wanting to honor the discount. It will be the last time I order from an incompetent and shady business practice company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I purchased a pair of Western Riding Boots. I wore them for 1 hour and they gave me blisters. I returned them after cleaning them THOROUGHLY (with a toothbrush). They sent them back to me saying they could not return them because I wore them. There was no wear and tear on the boots since I wore them for 1 HOUR ONLY. They will not take them back and will not refund me!!! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 25, 2018

No wonder they have 1 star on Consumer Affairs. Ordered a product on May 10 this year. No email confirmation received. Product received with no information on the or inside the box regarding where it came from. There was no phone number on or inside the package. I needed to research through the shipping company where it came from so that I could contact them. When I did, I was told that it took me too long to get a return, so I could only get an exchange.

The next person, "John," inconsistently said it was too late to get a return OR exchange. In order to speak to anyone who even showed a remote willingness to hear why the delay or be able to clarify which way it was, I had to wait for a phone call from the next person who was not on site. They refused to give a time of call or phone number to look out for, completely and blatantly setting purchasers up to be unable to return any purchases due to the difficulty of figuring out their contact information. First time I have ever seen a company do this. Will be reporting to the BBB.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I ordered a pair of sneakers from Shoes.com online on 7/9/18 and I still haven't received my purchase yet. Every time I check the tracking on UPS it's saying severe weather delay. It's said that since 7/9/18. I've called Shoes.com three times concerning my order. Two times which a representative got on the phone and barely speaks English. Very difficult for me to understand saying that my package will be delivered but can't provide me any more information than that. So I asked for a refund. The Lady said on the phone that she can't give me a refund and that I have to first wait until I receive my package. It's now 7/19/18 and I still haven't received my package and when I check UPS with my tracking number it's still saying severe weather delay with no further information as to where my package is or when it will be delivered to me. Steer clear of this site and run for the hills. It's bad business.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I have been waiting 8 days and not received my order. Now they are saying 72 more hours because my shoes are lost. Nobody ever emails me or calls me back. I have to do all the calling. This is a 2 bit company.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I bought some shoes for my grandfather. They were $59.99 on Merrell.com and $89.95 on Shoes.com. Shoes.com had a 25% off coupon. I contacted them and verified that the price match was off the original price and not the discounted price with the coupon. Was told it was BEFORE any promotions. Well, they lied... I bought the shoes, gave them as a gift, and then they didn't do the correct price match. They only price matched down from the discounted price and did NOT refund the correct taxes. There was no point in buying with them in the first place then except for this hassle! Do NOT do it!

Original review: July 11, 2018

Sent the following email to shoes.com customer service after calling to request a return of flip flops…have never heard a response back! "Regarding Order #: **. I was unable to return these flip-flops because I wore them, and am now told I have to email you instead of being able to put a review like a regular sites do (i.e. Amazon). These flip-flops are the poorest quality I have had so far. They are the same quality I would expect from a place like Target for 1/4 the cost. The size is correct but the heels point inward while walking. I would like to know where I can put my review so that others are alerted to this." PS – the customer service representative needs a lesson in patience. I would also like that noted on my review.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I ordered my daughter a pair of Birkenstocks for her birthday. Once they arrived my daughter tried them on and they were too small so that same day I contacted Shoes.com to exchange them for a larger size. I had to purchase a new pair and send the first pair back. Once they received the first pair they would refund the second charge. I sent the sandals back the same day then. Three weeks went by and still no refund.

Today UPS delivered a pair of Birkenstock sandals from Shoes.com. They rejected my return and placed a handwritten note in the box stating "Shoes worn. Insoles dirty. Toe & heel price tag. Unable to resell". The Birkenstocks I sent back were unworn, had the tags on them and we're in the original box with all original packing. The Birkenstocks I received did not have a tag on them and were in a smashed box.

I called customer service and the first person I talked to put me on hold, then hung up on me. The second person was rude and offered me $20. I declined the $20 and she said they would review the pictures of the sandals and get back to me. I explained they would be reviewing pictures of sandals I did not return, because the ones I received were different than the ones I returned. She said she would not be able to help me then. I said they lost a customer and I would never shop there again. The customer service rep said "This rarely happens" and I should reconsider shopping with them again. Shoes.com is a scam!!!

Original review: June 29, 2018

Ordered 2 different pairs of sandals on 2 separate orders, same brand, same size I've worn for years. Have had to return both - one pair was too small and one was too large. I think they sell manufacturer's "seconds." Worse though, was dealing with customer service. The service rep's English was so bad I kept having to ask him to repeat & repeat & repeat; finally I politely asked to speak to someone in U.S.; the phone call was disconnected. Called back and asked to speak to someone in the U.S. Called back a 3rd time and got someone I could barely understand. He refused to transfer me to U.S. insisting he could help me so I struggled through. First order was placed April 30. Today is June 30 and I don't have either pair of sandals yet. Never again!

Original review: June 27, 2018

The ONE TIME I didn't do a background review of a company and it's now become my daily burden to bear. I ordered a pair of Saucony running shoes with Shoes.com because Saucony provides them with exclusive colors. As has been written by others, upon ordering you are told that you will get a follow up email in 1-5 business days to tell you when they will ship. But, if you try to cancel the order after a few days that only compounds the problem since then it takes 1-2 business days to tell you if they can even do that since the order still "in process" after a week. Saucony, to their embarrassment, will take no responsibility for their role in distributing exclusive product through this retailer. Never use this company, you've been warned.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Totally incompetent - I ordered a women's shoe, size 7 in blush. 10 days later I receive a men's size 11 in black, totally different style. I called, waited and then spoke to Sebastian who was like a robot. Just return shoes. Me: "Could you have UPS pick up shoes as I do not live near UPS." Sebastian: "No, you get them there." They are very pleasant when you are placing an order, but a return? Not my problem.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs