1.26/5
Based on 145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

627 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 14, 2018

Went to buy 5 items ($500+) and their free shipping is 10 days, super below other competitors. Tried to pay for expedited and it is $5 per item, out of 5 = $25. What if you buy 10? Horrible business ideology. How are they not out of business? Contacted CS and explained other sites had the same price and faster shipping and did not even care to retain my business. I offered to escalate to their company so they can review this policies and CS agent said... "Unfortunately we can not escalate comments to anyone." What kind of a company is this? I'm sure they will be out of business soon.

Original review: June 11, 2018

On the face of their site, they elude to the fact that if you buy shoes, place an order by this time, you'll get your shoes in 3 days. Lies. I noticed no shipping activity on an order, called, and was told that the shipping time is "within 10 days." I also tried to cancel before the order was shipped, I was told that I couldn't, and that they couldn't guarantee a cancelation. Customer service is awful, as is the user experience on their website. I knew that I could just dispute the charge, so I went to Amazon, bought the same shoes, same price, guaranteed delivery date, and have already received my order confirmation from Amazon. Think before doing business with shoes.com.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Be sure to call and confirm if your order has additional processing time. I paid extra for 3 day processing only to find out that there's additional processing time. When I called to inquire about my delayed order they showed me on the website where orders can be delayed due to processing times. It was buried in another section on the website... nowhere near my actual order page. Not right. Do better and be more transparent before you take our money for quick expedition of orders.

Original review: June 1, 2018

After being overcharged on sales tax, I called their customer service dept and was told there is nothing they can do about it. I was charge $5.60 on a $46 purchase which computes to 12.4%. The sales tax where I live is 8.25%. Is that extra money going to my home state or is it simply a scam by Shoes.com to collect 4% more in revenue on every purchase?

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have been a customer for years but now I plain refuse to do business with Shoes.com. My last two orders were both disasters. First one never shipped and I got a postal mail(!) postcard saying the shoes were out of stock weeks after I ordered. On the second men's shoe order for some reason they shipped it to an address I had not lived at in 4 years, that was not my default address. They pretty much said tough luck on the last order. Not help at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I ordered $130 nurses' style shoes for work. I got the shoes in wet box! Shoes didn’t fit, hard, uncomfortable and far from “wide“ size. I sent the shoes back in hoping for refund. Week later I got the shoes back. Someone determined that the merchandise has been worn/used!!! I have never experienced such a insult on a customer, I couldn’t even slide my foot in the right shoe!!! How could I ever walk or stand for 10 hours! Never again!

Original review: May 21, 2018

I purchased 2 pair of shoes from this company. Apparently, as we age, our feet change size/shape, so I ordered a size that was too small. According to the website, there was a free exchange/return policy. It's free for them-I was told I would have to repurchase the different size shoes and they would refund me once they received the original order from me. Basically they are holding my money twice even though the returns are in the mail already. I decided not to exchange because they want to charge twice... so now I pay 7.00 a pair to return the shoes. This is poor business practice in my opinion and the customer service person I spoke with... actually hung up on me. Is there any reason I would keep a pair of shoes that don't fit? STUPID! So now they are holding 170.00 and I have nothing. DO NOT BUY FROM HERE!!!! How are they still in business?

Original review: May 20, 2018

I bought 2 pairs of shoes. I used their own guidelines to choose the size I ordered. When the shoes arrived, they were over a full inch too big. When I contacted customer service to arrange for a "fast free exchange" as they advertise, I was told I would have to BUY the correct size, then return the wrong size then they would refund my money for the 1st 2 pairs.

By buying the 2nd 2 pairs I would not get the 30% discount I bought the 1st 2 pairs with plus I also used a $5 bonus that no longer was good as well. I would be out almost $200 and only get a refund of $70. When I told customer service about this, they pretty well said "You should have ordered the right size the 1st time!" Customer service is both rude and unhelpful. At one point I was put on hold in the middle of a sentence. To top it all off, they said if I don't go by their rules on an exchange they are going to charge me $6.95 per pair restock fee! I will absolutely NEVER use this company again!

Original review: May 15, 2018

Very slow delivery. The $140 shoes were too big but tried to return them in a different box since someone in my house threw out the original box. So weeks later my shoes were returned to me, refusing the return or exchange. Many calls later, and on hold a lot, still no help. Still have $140 shoes they refuse to return. They won't return my calls. Horrible, horrible.

Original review: May 6, 2018

The shoes I bought fit well. Great price and arrived quickly. Helps if you pay for them right away. My son's pair was a pair of Nike's. I buy him Nike's because, he has no arch in his feet. And his feet are very narrow AAAA. Like a pair of skis. I paid $55 or $50 for his. Mine are New Balance running shoes style W840v3. I have a fallen arch in one foot. I ordered a 11 1/2 wide in Women's. I got the mint green with navy color makes a difference in price on a number of sites. Instead, of paying $160 at the New Balance store. These were $60. And my foot doctor said they were really good shoes. I am not being paid to write this review. I just don't understand all the complaints. I ordered my son's on about 12/28/2017 and I bought mine on April 20, 2018.

Original review: May 3, 2018

4 phone calls and 1 email later (with no response), 12 days later and shoes have not even been shipped out yet. No one knows what is going on, every time I call, the employee says the shoes are not being shipped from "here" so we will have to allow 48 hours to get a response from the warehouse. I have called 4 times, NO COMMUNICATION back on their part when they say they will follow-up. They don't know where the shoes are. I could have walked to the warehouse wherever it is and grabbed them myself quicker than this. I don't recommend SHOES.COM and will never use again!

Original review: April 30, 2018

I used to order shoes from Shoebuy.com which is now Shoes.com. Never had a problem. Service was great. Now under Shoes.com, I bought a pair of expensive running shoes. My first problem arose when I never received a receipt/invoice for the shoes prompting me to contact customer service for a invoice so I could have verification that the shoes were indeed ordered. I sent two requests and never received the invoices. The shoes however were delivered the following day. So at least I got the shoes. The second problem arose when I decided the shoes were too large prompting me to request a return/exchange. What a royal hassle!

To do this, they have to place a new order and would not accept my original payment method (PayPal). I had to use a different credit card and of course would not be refunded until the shoes were returned. This concerns me as I would have two deductions for the same pair of shoes taken out of two of my payment methods. I was told I'd have the shipping label within an hour (ridiculous). That time has come and gone. I've contacted customer service and still no return label, so I've cancelled the new order. I'll gladly pay the restocking fee to get my refund and be rid of this poorly run on-line retailer. You cannot beat Amazon. I found the same pair of shoes for a considerably lower price on Amazon and I know returns are hassle free through them. I was stupid to give Shoes.com a try.

Original review: April 28, 2018

This is the worst company I have ever interacted with. I ordered a pair of Fitflop Gogh Pro clogs in March 2018. I received them in a timely manner, but I did not like them. I tried them on in my living room and never removed the tags or stickers on the bottom. Inside the box were instructions to return the shoes to Nordstrom so I did that. A pre-paid label was enclosed. I heard nothing back for weeks so I contacted Shoes.com. They told me I should have returned the shoes to them. I waited for Nordstrom to send them back and then proceeded to send them to Shoes.com. They received the shoes on April 11, 2018 but I heard nothing. So I called on April 21 or 22. I was told they would check the status and call me later. On April 23, I get an email from UPS that I was getting an order from Shoes.com. I called again asking what was up and was informed that they denied the return because the shoes were worn.

I was stunned and tried to explain that I never wore them except to try them on. They said they had images and their decision was final. I asked to see the images and was told that I would get them in 45 minutes. Almost two days later and after two emails, I was sent images. There is no evidence of dirt on the soles like they claimed. I have attached pictures I took to show what the soles looked like when I received them back on April 24 (with no notation in the box why I was receiving them back). The Shoes.com images made the bottoms look slightly dusty based on their resolution or something but there is no evidence of dirt or wear that I can see. I talked to two managers and the last one offered me a $25 refund which I refused. I asked to send the shoes back for a second review and was told their decision was final. I am currently contesting the charges with my credit card.

After looking at this site, it is apparent to me that Shoes.com is running a return scam. They claim to accept returns but they just deny the return by stating the unworn shoes have been worn. They apparently either do not stock the shoes themselves and are just a middleman or they sell discounted shoes that they procure from other sellers who do not want them anymore. The Nordstrom labels in my box proved that to me. This is the first time I have ever written an online complaint. I wish I had read these reviews before I ever made a business transaction with this company. Consumer Affairs should investigate what percent of the returns are ever accepted by this shady company!

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have placed order for my first order. They came in the right size and in good condition. Seen from some reviews of unauthorised transaction, and I monitored the transaction on my card. There was no unauthorised transaction. Now I have placed order for another 2 pairs. Arrived in good condition and right size. Will consider to get more pairs from them. Cons: I find that their shipping is a little on the ex side.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Customer service was awful. All I wanted to do was exchange a brand new size 9 for 8.5. They would not do it because it was 80 days later which is past the 60 days warranty period. I had saved this pair until it the weather was warm. i.e. Why I didn't realize it was running bid, I didn't have any problems with the remaining 7 pairs. I kept saying I bought 8 pairs and to exchange the one as a courtesy will go a long way because I buy shoes from you all the time. His reply was you can just buy another shoes that is 8.5. Clearly, I don't need permission to buy another shoes from Shoes.com. Will never buy from them again. 6PM has fantastic customer service.

Original review: April 19, 2018

If I can give a 0 I would. Let me start off with I bought some gym shoes. They were not cheap. I purchased a wide instead of regular. I realized it when I wore it to work 1 day, not 2, not 3, just 1 day. When I got home I took them off to see why it was so comfortable and realize it was wide so I had these returned and to expedite my replacement which were the exact one's. Same size but regular. I purchased them and waited for my return refund. They are refusing to return except it because I wore the shoes one day.

They were in good condition but refused them and returned them to me. So I called spoke to a Walter. He wasn't able to help. Asked to let me speak to a manager. Transfer me Paul couldn't help. Asked Paul. "So you're a manager?" He pauses and says "no I'm a supervisor." Here we go. I asked for a manager not a sup. Which I'm guessing he wasn't even a sup. The manager suppose to be calling me ha! Yeah let's see if that happens because apparently there isn't one on site. I asked for corporates #. He gave me 617-451-2929. You can't even talk to a live person and to leave a voicemail. The voice mail was full!!! Run people. They are indeed cons. Don't do it! You will regret it.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I’ve never sought out a website like this before to leave a review for a company, but I am so furious I felt it was necessary. I almost always order from Amazon, and should’ve known better, but I was trying to find the “best deal”. So I found a pair of UGGs on shoes.com for less expensive than what I could find on Amazon. I ordered down a size like I normally do, but apparently because they were a different style they ran more true to size and ended up being too small. Calling to exchange is out of the question because the price changes. So my only option was to return them and get a bigger size at the higher price if I still wanted them because they wouldn’t honor the lower price that I originally paid.

I tried to print the return label multiple times, only to find out when I finally called later, that you can’t print from your phone. You have to print from a computer. Shoes.com does not care that my life is completely crazy as a mom and a business owner, and that I couldn’t find my charging cord to the laptop for a while - because I do almost everything from my phone and my iPad. Then when I finally found my charging cord I was having issues getting the laptop to connect with the printer. Wouldn’t it be so awesome if I could run my business, keep my household going, and manage my two “super-active” little ones all while spending hours upon hours messing with my printer and printing a stupid return label that should’ve been printable from my phone - WITHIN 60 DAYS? One can only dream. However that wasn’t the case. My 60 days was up on April 6th (12 days ago).

Today I tried to print the label that expired 10 days after they sent it, so I called their customer service and was told I’m stuck with the shoes because it’s been 72 days. The man kept making it sound like 60 days is such a LONG time and being 12 days over was SO ridiculously past the limit. Basically trying to belittle me over the phone. Thanks, dude. This man obviously isn’t a “stay-at-home-mom” and a business owner, with a house that looks like an unfinished game of Jumanji. Well, good for him. Now I’m out 100 bucks with a pair of UGG’s that are a size too small. What the heck am I supposed to do now?

Bottom line. If you’re confident in what you’re ordering, go ahead and order from this company. However if you’re looking for a company with grace, understanding, and AMAZING customer service, go ahead and head on over to Amazon because this NEVER would’ve happened with them. Shame on me. My mistake. I knew better. You want to know the “funny” thing? I STILL ended up ordering a pair of UGG’s from Amazon once I experienced shoes.com’s customer service after that first phone call a couple months ago. I will never EVER order from this company again, and I will advise everyone I know to do the same. Customer service is EVERYTHING, and they ain’t got it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When reading other reviews about the site I was concerned that the Chuck Taylor sneakers I received via UPS would be a crap shoot as to what I actually received. From other reviewers I was seeing errors regarding styles, sizes, and colours ordered. I've read several reviews saying people received 2 different shoe styles or even 2 shoes for the same foot! I was quite concerned and kicked myself for ordering a pair of shoes before reading reviews.

To my wonderful delight I received my order within 5 days of leaving Massachusetts and that included a weekend and a days delay due to a massive ice storm that crippled my area. Even better was the fact they were the proper shoes I wanted including the colour and size! They even fit perfectly which was quite impressive considering I have what I call duck feet. Very wide at the bridge and very narrow at the heel. Shaped just like a duck’s foot. The only spoiler to my experience was the cost of shipping, exchange and duty costs to have my order sent to Canada.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Charged me 15 times from my debit account (which takes the money out of the account) and when I asked them why this happened they told me this was MY FAULT. Never once apologized and I am still waiting for my money. Customer services reps are so rude and do not call you back and put you on hold without asking and just cutting you off. Terrible business! Do not shop here unless you want them to steal your money!!!

Original review: April 15, 2018

I signed up for offers and receive daily emails with discounts from Shoes.com, but when I tried to use one, it wasn't honored. I emailed customer service immediately, then called when I received no reply. I asked to cancel my order and was told I could make that request, but they couldn't confirm my order was cancelled for 5-8 days. I understand if they don't cancel my order, and I have to return it, I will have to pay shipping and a restocking fee to them.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Ordered 2 pair of shoes in my standard 9. Way too small. Called & asked for exchange, was told they do not do that. Ok. Liked shoes, so reordered 2 more pair in 9 1/2. Now being charged $6.95 per pair RESTOCKING FEE. Best of all website states "exchanges" are available. Total ripoff.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I ordered a pair of Bobs. Waited 2 weeks only to get the wrong width. Of course Shoes.com wants to blame others then say, "We"ll send you a return label. " Well how thoughtful. I have to use my gas, my time to go out of my way to take back to UPS store. BAD BUSINESS.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Really? I do know better! I should have looked up this company's reviews BEFORE I bought 2 pairs of shoes. I tried to "upgrade shipping" and was told that cannot be done with the shoe I wanted. I said I want to cancel my order and I think the agent said "you cannot cancel' So, I asked again. Anyway, so I figure I just lost over $200.00 by not following my own rules. DUH. They have more #1 star ratings than the devil would have.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Placed order online. Shoes arrived but were stretched out. Called to get an exchange, printed my return label and then I was told they have to charge me a second time for the "free exchange". Spoke to a supervisor who was rude, told me, "Yes. We must charge twice and then later you will be refunded." Could not give me a time frame of what "later" meant nor tell me why I am being charged twice. Order # **. Details: ITEM 123638215-1: Skechers Relaxed Fit Easy Going Repute Clog Sneaker (Women's).

Original review: April 2, 2018

First time experience with this company: was ordering two of the same pair of shoe, went through all of the steps, including giving my debit card information, pressed the final order button and received a message to the effect of, some unspecified thing has gone wrong, try again. Which I did, to no avail. Called them to place my order over the phone and found out there was only one pair of the shoes in stock, so I did the order over the phone for that one pair. Decided to check my bank account and found NINE authorizations in addition to the order that was officially placed. Over $1000 gone from my account, just in time for my rent payment to come out.

Called them, was told it would be 3-5 days before the billing department would get to reversing the charges, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told none were available, but they would call me when one became available. Two hours later, no call, called them back, jumped through all the hoops with the agents (even being told there are no phones in the billing department- they can ONLY be reached by email- I guess that department is on a desert island somewhere?) Asked to speak to supervisor AGAIN, again told none were available, but they would call me as soon as they were available.

Another two hours pass, I called again, jumped through the same hoops, this time the agent actually believed me when I started swearing about my feelings and I spoke to a supervisor. They reversed the charges (I haven't yet confirmed it, but for now I'll assume it's done), then told me they couldn't guarantee that my order from this morning could be cancelled (shockingly, I decided to spend my money elsewhere). This company is terrible. Zappos is much more professional- they actually tell you if things aren't in stock before they take your money- it's not even possible to order something they don't have on their site, which seems like an obvious business practice.

Original review: March 31, 2018 I ordered 3 pairs and sent them all back! 1) Were 95. Found on Amazon 35. 2) Felt 2 sizes too large - (sized wrong). 3) Sent me two LEFTs!!! I sent them all back

Never again and their customer service is the worst!!! I canceled the first order within one hour and they sent them anyway! Haha cause they do not care whatsoever!

Original review: March 30, 2018

Placed order for shoes but didn't receive a confirmation number even though funds were taken from my account. Sent company an email asking for tracking info, they emailed me with my order number and told me there was an issue with duplicate orders and they would take a few days to remove the hold on the order. After not hearing anything more I tried to enter the order number for tracking and it was non existent. I called cs and asked about order, she said there wasn't an order that I made a mistake when I placed the order and it was canceled. I told her I didn't make a mistake and read her the previous cs rep email, and she insisted it was my fault. I then told her I was disappointed and would be making a bad review and she said that is fine. So sad they seem to have no customer care. I used them a few years ago and had a great experience, but from other reviews it looks like company is going downhill.

Original review: March 25, 2018

They shipped to the wrong address, even though they had the right address in my account records. They say it is the customer's responsibility to review the shipping confirmation to make sure that the company got it right. They should have a notice on their website: "We tend to louse up delivery addresses, so carefully read any order confirmations we might send you to make sure that we've got it right." I've NEVER had this trouble with any of the hundreds of orders I've had from Amazon, and I'm kicking myself (NOT with my missing Shoes.com shoes) for not buying from Amazon.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I was sent the order for another customer and was assured that the correct ones would be shipped immediately, as were the correct one for the other customer. I was told that a return shipping label would be mailed to me. It has been one week. No return label, no shipping confirmation, arrogant associates who feel compelled to tell me all of the reasons why this occurred, and, when I asked to speak to a supervisor, was told that one would call back quickly. Over two hours later, I called back, asked for a supervisor, and was left on hold for over 15 minutes. There is no longer any bargain worth purchasing from this company again!

Original review: March 22, 2018

After placing an order Dec.1st for a Christmas present for my mother-in-law I was a little ticked to find out she still had not gotten the order until after Christmas. I ordered a size 9 and keep in mind she lives in Texas and we live in Illinois. She received a 6! So she sent them back and I called the company. Oh they were so sorry but she was going to have to ship them back. So she did. I then ordered her another pair of size 9 shoes. She got them on Feb 11th and they were a size 6 AGAIN! I told her to wait until she came to visit in March and I would deal with it. Guess what? I'm past the allowed amount of time to get a refund or an exchange. OF COURSE! When I actually opened up the box, it was not even the pair of shoes I ordered! Now I'm stuck with size 6 and the ugliest shoe I have ever seen for $75! And when I called the second time they couldn't even locate my first purchase! NEVER AGAIN.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs