1.35/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

723 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Over the years we have spent thousands of dollars on the Internet and never had an experience quite like this. This company should not be trusted and never used by any consumer. Will spare the details of hours of fighting by email and phone. Quite simply they sent a jacket that was almost $1000. It was clearly used and worn. They refused to send a new replacement or refund us. They basically robbed us. We are escalating now but such a awful company. Please listen to the many terrible reviews and never shop with this online company. You will regret it!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Don't bother. I tried to exchange some shoes because I had ordered the wrong size. I got no communication from them until I received a UPS package with the shoes returned to me because the original box was 'damaged and we are unable to resell'. The box was not damaged. I am now out $150 and have a pair of shoes no one in my house can wear. I will never order from them again. I would give them a zero if I could.

Get expert buying tips about Shoes Online delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I do the majority of my apparel shopping online and this was by far my worst experience ever. This "company" is a complete scam!! I purchased a pair of Blundstones for my boyfriend for Christmas and I accidentally ordered a size 10 (not realizing they were in Australian sizes) when he needed a 9. So I exchange this pair for the 9 and everything is fine so far. Then I receive the size 9 pair and my boyfriend still is having trouble with the fit so we just decide to return them all together. I send the boots back on January 14th and they arrive at the warehouse on the 17th. Well two weeks later and I still received no update emails or my refund so I call the horrid customer service number and I'm told that the refund will appear in 3 to 5 days.

Okay, 5 days pass and I call back and of course, I'm frustrated but told the EXACT same thing about the refund happening in yet another three to five days and that they are behind from Christmas returns but I'm told I'll receive a confirmation email this time with 24 hours. What do ya know, I don't get any emails or my refund. Then earlier this week I received the SAME PAIR of size 9 shoes back on my doorstep and told they are nonreturnable due to "being worn" when they were only tried on inside my house!!! The tags are still attached!!! I'm beyond pissed off to say the least. Today on the phone I was told that they will review their return photos once more and contact me through email within two days but I won't hold my breath. Will have to list the boots on eBay if I want my money back. Seriously save your time and money and shop elsewhere. It's not worth the headache to save $20.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

On Sunday afternoon I ordered a pair of slippers for a friend who is in the hospital. I selected overnight shipping at a cost of $20 so I could get them as soon as possible. The company shipped them via UPS - another lousy company. I expected to receive the package on Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Monday, and it indicated that UPS had only received the label, not the package.

I called Shoes.com and asked when I could expect to receive the package. The woman I spoke with told me “overnight” means after a “processing” time of 1 to 5 days. I told her no other company does that - overnight means you get the package the day after you order it. I asked her to refund the overnight shipping charge, and she refused. I talked to a manager who said I would receive the package on Tuesday. That was a lie. Then I tried to unsubscribe from their emails. The website was incomprehensible, so I had to call them again to have customer service unsubscribe me. Worst company ever. Don’t buy from Shoes.com.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered snow boots. They arrived and 5 minutes later I was trying them on and the LEATHER shoelace broke. Customer service was rude, robotic and simply uninterested in the problem. Just kept repeating that they would have to "review the shoes at the warehouse." No idea still what that means. Oh and they want 6.95 for the return.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Do not buy from this company. Their return support is horrible and could care less about customer satisfaction. My wife tries to return a $115 pair of shoes and they wouldn't take them back. She paid to ship them, they sent them back without so much as a phone call. They were extremely rude people and do not respond to emails. You are better off buying direct from the source and cut out this horrible service middleman!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered a pair of Old Friend Clog slippers and the cost was $69 (US).+ $25 (US) shipping. The slippers arrived C.O.D. by UPS. Shoes.com never mentioned on their site: Customs, Broker's Fee GST (provincial sales tax) on the slippers and Broker's Fee. the cost was $47. (CDN)= $35.55 (US). These $69 shoes cost me $170 (CDN)= $128 (US) I live in Canada. Nowhere on Shoes.com checkout page, there is any mention of Duty, Broker's Fee, Tax or C.O.D. The clogs are nice but not $170 nice. Anyone from Canada purchasing shoes from Shoes.com had better be beware of hidden costs and fees.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

If I can give this company 0 stars, I would. I purchased a pair of boots as a gift with the correct size. Shoes.com shipped me the wrong size in UK sizing. The shoes were then immediately returned. During the two weeks of not been issued a refund, a customer rep told me that "it was still processing." Shoes.com then returned the same pair of shoes (wrong size) again because the box that it was shipped it was so called "damaged." The box is nowhere near damage whatsoever. I just spoke with the manager John who refused to issue a refund. The only thing that he could come up with was a 10% discount. When I disagreed and asked them repeatedly to honor their refund policy John stated that he couldn't do anything and that he would give me a 30% discount.

I informed John that I ONLY wanted a refund and that the shoes have never been worn and that the box is not damaged at all. John still refuse to issue a refund and still stated that there is NOTHING that he could do. As a first time customer I am disappointed, disgusted and appalled at the audacity this business. I was advised manager Steven will be giving me a call in 48 hours. However based on previous reviews, this is NOT the first time that this company has done something like that.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I never got my shoes. Tracking order showed they were sent to the wrong address. The honest lady who lives there explained that she never got them even though UPS says they were delivered. Apparently, they were stolen off her porch. I am out $238.00 and shoes.com knows I never got them. They are a bunch of bullies who treat their customers terribly. Never buy from Shoes.com.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Order boots for my granddaughter. Paid for Next Day only to find out after the purchase that Next day IS NOT next day. Weeks more like it. You don't find out till after your purchase that it is going to take 1 to 5 days before they even ship (can take longer). Will NEVER purchase from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I ordered my insulated Oboz Bridger boots yesterday. I paid for 3-day shipping. I received a confirmation email later that night. I checked my account, didn't even show that I placed an order. I was told it wouldn't show till they were shipped. Then I was Told 3-day shipping means from date shipped not purchased.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I paid for 3 days delivery and took 2 weeks to get them, every time I call customer service to check in my order they said something different, I email them about how late I get the shoes even when I paid for fast delivery and never get answer back, either my money. Bad place to buy shoes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I wish I read reviews before I ordered from their website. I got UGG boots, but when they arrived I was shocked - cheap, Chinese fake boots. I wanted to save money and found them on Shoes.com for around 120$ but now I understand that I'd better pay extra 50$ and buy a good pair of shoes at Macy's or some other stores with high reputation. It was my first and last order from them. I hope I'll get my money back though...

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a pair of shoes from here for my daughter for Christmas. They were Vans, and the price was like $20 cheaper than everywhere else. When I placed my order, I did not get any email confirmation. I googled the company, saw all these terrible reviews and started to panic! I called the customer service line, they found my order and immediately sent the email confirmation. Shoes arrived, they were perfect. Turned out to be too big, but that wasn't the fault of Shoes.com. I had to return the shoes. (And by the time Christmas was over, they no longer had that shoe, so I couldn't get it in the smaller size - luckily I did find it in a store, so daughter was happy!)

I was again super worried having read all the bad reviews about returns. I put the shoes back into their shoebox, and put that box inside of a larger cardboard box, adding a little crumpled newspaper to keep everything protected. Got the return label from them. I don't object to the $6.95 restocking fee because they provide you with a return label so you're not paying the shipping. Most companies (except maybe Zappos) don't give you a prepaid return label.

Anyway, I tracked the package with its UPS tracking number and it took over a week to arrive. Once arrived, I did not receive any notification so after a couple of days I called. Customer service told me that from when they receive the item back it takes 3-5 days to process the return. Within that time period I got an email from them confirming the return, and today I got notification from my credit card company of the credit. Customer service was perfectly pleasant and helpful both times I called. I write all these details just to let folks know that it CAN work out great. I was SOOOO worried, but had zero problems with my order.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I ordered work boots for my son, after giving my credit card I was told that it didn't go through. Got an alert that evening from Wells Fargo that this company drained my bank account for $600.00 with no order confirmation. The boots were $200.00 and they charged me 3 times. Had to cancel my card and wait for a new one. They did reverse the charges after I told them I made a fraud claim. Got my new card and tried again. Same thing. Took the money out of my account with no order confirmation. These idiots tried to tell me it's my bank's problem, NO it's not my bank's problem when you're taking the money out of my account.

Got a new card replaced, ordered boots again, same thing happened. I even tried to use my husband's card at their recommendation and same thing happened again. Well after they took money out of my accounts 5 times I'm done with these idiots. No explanation from them. It's obviously a problem in their system, these idiots are all in a closet somewhere draining bank accounts. I got my money back but this was all BS and NO Boots.

SHOES.COM is not to be trusted. If you are smart you will not order from this company. They are fraudulent and will make your life a living hell and drain your bank account. When you call them their recording says how you can receive some SURPRISES from them, that was an understatement, I never expected you'd drain my Wells Fargo account. SURPRISE, SURPRISE.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I returned a pair of shoes to Shoes.com a month ago. They have still not issued my refund. Each time I have contacted them they have said, “Give it more days.” They confirmed that they received the shoes but only say, “It’s still processing.”

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Like everyone else on here, I got a pair of boots for Christmas and they were the wrong size. I shipped them back in its original box and they sent them back with no explanation. I called customer service and was told since it was shipped in its original box I could not return them. The representative was extremely rude and sarcastic. I am at loss $135. They will be reported. NEVER ORDER FROM HERE.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Foolishly, I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Shoes.com because of availability & price. I have never ordered shoes on the Internet before. I did this by phone & I was told returns were not a problem if the shoes did not fit. The shoes arrived in boxes in plastic bags from UPS. I returned the shoes. I was told that I would get only a $30 credit for $170.00 of shoes because I did not put the shoe box in a shipping box. UPS said it was fine to ship this way. Shoes.com email which included the RMS & instructions did not mention this. They are LIARS & CHEATS!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had ordered A pair of UGGS for myself for my birthday two weeks ago and my boots arrived this morning. Was very hesitant from ordering from this site from all the bad reviews and didn’t know what to expect. I can honestly say when I called customer service and a few days ago to see when my order would arrive as I still didn’t have a tracking number the representative was very helpful and letting me know my shipment will be sent out tomorrow. My boots arrived here today and they're perfect. They’re great. Will definitely order again as they have great prices.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered shoes for my husband for Christmas. He tried them on in the kitchen and did not like the color and fit. I immediately called customer service and they explained that returns are easy. I received my label and returned the shoes with its original box. A few weeks later they were returned to me with a note saying the shoes were worn. The shoes were never worn more than 5 minutes in the kitchen. I immediately called customer service and spoke to a “manager” that explained there is nothing he can do. I later looked online and found that several people had the exact same experience. I am now out over $150 with a worthless pair of shoes that do not fit. Shoes.com virtually stole from me. Never purchase anything from this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Buyer beware! I purchased a pair of Lucky Brand boots from Shoes.com and tried them on in my house. I didn’t really like the fit so I sent them back. A few weeks later they were shipped back to me because the return center said they had been worn. They were worn for two minutes when I tried them on in my living room. Even after I requested a review of the case Shoes.com would not honor the return. There was a minimal wear on the heel of the boot but I’m not certain that wasn’t the way they arrived. The heel is a painted rubber sole. There was a minimal wear on the heel of the boot but I’m not certain this wasn’t the way they arrived. The heel is a painted rubber sole which wears off extremely easily. I kept the other Lucky Brand. And after one where the majority of the sole was worn down to the rubber. It was a very disappointing experience. I am unlikely to purchase from Shoes.com in the future.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered a pair of size 5 uggs for my granddaughter for Christmas. On Christmas day she tried them on and couldn't get her foot in them; she now wears a size 7! I immediately returned them and on 1/11 they arrived back with a note attached saying I could not return them because they were worn. I contacted them 1/11 and explained that there must be a mix up because no one wore the boots because no one could fit them. I agreed they were a bit "dusty" but these were not the same boots I returned. I also explained I'm a size 9 and she's a 7. The CS representative couldn't assist me and I was put on hold for a manager. I explained again and told the manager, "You can clearly see the boots were not worn (clean bottom), but they were a bit dusty and maybe because they were opened in warehouse or mixed up with another pair?" Unfortunately, I am stuck with a pair of boots that neither I nor my granddaughter can wear! I will never order from them again!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

In the modern era, taking 2+ weeks to ship an order is not kosher. They do not even process orders for 4 days after ordering. They have a fraudulent customer service email address. They charge for returns. They do not send order confirmation at times.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I am sorry to hear people have had bad experiences with this company because my own has been great. I ordered a pair of moccasins for my daughter for Christmas and they arrived quickly and were perfect. My mom just ordered me a pair of UGG boots and a day later I found them $65 cheaper on another site. I contacted Shoes.com by email and followed their price match procedure and they responded right away (on a Sunday mind you) and refunded my mom the difference in price and the boots arrived and I love them. Great customer service, fast shipping, great products! Very happy with my experience.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered shoes for my husband. We got them today and he needs a bigger size. Shoes.com.says "Exchanges are free and refunds are easy." When I called the first guy said they were out of stock on bigger size. Website showed they were in stock so I called back for a simple "exchange" but shoes.com does not have exchanges as they state in their site. I have to send the shoes back, pay $6.95 restocking fee? What about their statement "Exchanges are free and refunds are easy"? That's not a free exchange. Also, they say they will refund my money and then I have to reorder. That is clearly a refund and reorder not an exchange.

So just know you can't believe the statements made on Shoes.com website because this one was non-existent and completely untrue. I spoke with 3 different customer service reps and they were all rude, uncertain and the first one couldn't even tell they actually did have the larger size in stock. I informed Shoes.com verbally and in email that I would be writing a one star review. They don't even deserve the one star in my opinion. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of work boots from Shoes.com as a Christmas gift for my grandson. They arrived by UPS in their original shoe box inside a thin grey plastic bag and the box had been slightly crushed somehow during shipment. However the boots were unharmed but were the wrong size. I contacted Shoes.com who said "No problem, we'll send you a UPS return shipping label and you can return them for an exchange or a refund". I chose to have a refund and let my grandson buy the boots himself at a local store where he could try them on first. They said "No problem, you will have your refund shortly". So, I sent them back with their label by UPS and waited for my refund which didn't seem to be coming, so I called several times and each time got the same story, that "the refund takes time because of the holidays".

Ok, so I wait and after two weeks, the same boots arrive back at my doorstep with their note saying that because the box was damaged they can't resell them and they refuse to refund me! Now, the box arrived back to me even more damaged than when I returned it to them. I explained that I received the boots in a damaged box, but they really didn't care. A very bad customer service! In my opinion this is a really poor way to do business. So, now I'm stuck with them and they could care less. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you take my bad experience and those of so many others into consideration and that you don't buy from this terrible company.

It's a slick, greasy on-line operation that doesn't look to satisfy its customers, but just to grab your money. They make promises but when it comes down to it. They are not interested in helping you. If you must order on-line, be careful and smart...order from a reputable company like Bobs.com or any of several others, or buy at a reputable brick and mortar store. Please do yourself a service and do not buy from these clowns. I wish I had read about their poor ratings and all the complaints before I bought from them! Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I order a pair of snow boots for my Fiancé for Christmas and received in a timely manner. She tried them on for Christmas and fit well. The next day one of the bootstraps pulled off as she was putting on her new boots. Customer service wanted me to buy a new pair of boots at the guaranteed same price which was five dollars more than the current sale price! The boots are defective and they will not warranty now. They will not stand by him anyway whatsoever because she put them on to see if they fit therefore they say she wore them and cannot be returned. They also want to charge a restocking fee. No free returns and no Warranties. Do not buy from Shoes.com unless you are eager for disappointment and unnecessary aggravation. Thank God the boots only cost $35.00. Paid tuition to learn about a deceptive business. I can only hope that they go out of business before ripping off any more of the public!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I got a notice that item shipped on the 31st. Today is Jan 4th and UPS still shows only label created. Contacted customer service and after insisting it had been shipped, discovered that facility shipping shoes is closed until January 13th and they are unable to cancel the order and issue a refund until after that. I even spoke to a supervisor who is unwilling to help. The website states will receive in 1 to 5 business days... Well, they are talking at least 3 weeks if it doesn't ship until the 13th or 14th. That is unacceptable and I feel like they have stolen my money.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought two identical pairs of Clarks shoes from Shoes.com. I felt confident about ordering them online because of their "free returns." Only when I went to return them did I learn of their $6.95 re-stocking fee, per item. So, it COST ME $14.00 to try on 2 pairs of shoes. In the past, I've bought Clarks directly from Clarks and also from Amazon, where "free returns" really are free. This is false advertising. Shoes.com is a disreputable company that engages in sleazy business practices. IF ONLY I had looked up reviews on them before ordering!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Shoes.com is by far the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I bought my wife a pair of shoes for Christmas and the shoes were too big, so 3 attempts were made to exchange the shoes through their website using their exchange policy. Shoes.com's garbage website returned an order cannot be completed pop-up 3 times, yet you still processed 3 withdrawals of $168.01 CDN from my bank account.

When I called and spoke to a gentleman in customer service, he advised only a manager could reverse the charges and stated he would send a note asking for the charges to be reversed within 24 to 48 hours. I stated that was not acceptable and then I asked to speak with a manager to have the charges reversed immediately. I was placed on a prolonged hold "while he attempted to find a manager." After almost 30 minutes, my call was transferred to a "manager" who really wasn't a manager because she told me the same thing as the level 1 customer service agent I originally spoke with. So I was lied to and pushed off onto another level 1 agent who refused to allow me to speak with a manager. Instead of exchanging the shoes, I decided to return them, as I have zero faith in Shoes.com and its employees. I've now got $796.47 CDN of my money tied up trying to get my wife a pair of shoes that fit.

Shoes.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Shoes.com is an online retailer that sells men and women’s clothing in addition to shoes for adults and children.

• Price guarantee: If a customer finds the same item for a lower price on different site within 10 days of making their purchase, Shoes.com will refund 110 percent of the price difference. Consumers should review the Shoes.com website for specific terms and conditions.

• Searching: Shoes.com’s search features can help consumers expand their search results by having broader categories to prevent unintentionally narrowing results. The site also had quick links for popular categories like flats, pumps and boots.

• Selection: The site has an extensive selection of brands and styles. Customers who wear hard-to-find sizes can search for extended sizes on Shoes.com. Women’s sizes range from 4 to 14.5, and women’s widths are available from 2x narrow to 3x wide.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 60 days to return merchandise. Return shipping is free for those in the contiguous United States who wish to make an exchange.

• Best for: Shoes.com carries shoes for adults and children and has a selection to meet the needs of most consumers, including busy professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs