2.8/5 (533 ratings)

About Dillards

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Horrible customer service in every single department. I will never shop there again. Thank gosh for Nordstrom. Honestly, I don't know how they are still in business. I hope they go under! They treat you horribly if you want to make a return. The credit card lowers your limit if you don't use your card regularly which affects your credit. Just don't do it!

Original review: April 28, 2022

I purchased a Michael Kors large Mina Handbag and received it on April 25, 22 at a price of $298. However, today, Thursday April 28, 22, the bag is $224. Inquired about a price adjustment and was told you can only get a price adjustment one day after purchase. I have never heard such. I have dealt with many retailers, Macy, Saks Fifth, etc. but ever have encountered situation such as this. Please do your research in pricing before purchasing from Dillard's because they have worst customer service. It's not the adjustment was a few dollars. It is $74 difference which is substantial.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered a Penelton jacket thru Dillards for a Christmas gift for my husband. After only 11 wears the zipper gave out when he sat down. This jacket was one that he did not wear regularly and was more of a special occasions jacket so the wear and tear on it was nothing. I went ahead and called Penelton first to see if they would do an exchange on the jacket since it was well past the 30 days for a return thru dillards at this point. Penelton said they could exchange it for another one for the original purchasing person (Dillards) but would not exchange it for us since we were the third party in the transaction. When I contacted Dillards of this information they said they would not take it back even though they would not be out anything. This to me is Extremely poor customer service. If they would have helped us do the exchange, I would continue to be a dillards customer but apparently, they don't care to keep current customers happy.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I recently purchased a cocktail dress online at Dillards and it was the wrong size. Since it took a while for my purchase to arrive, I decided to purchase the dress again in the right size and return the wrong size separately. It took almost a month for my return to be completed and they also charged me an almost 10 dollar return fee. I called them to see if I could get that waived since I actually purchased the dress in the right size. They told me they were unable to do that for me. With all the online shopping competition out there, I find this policy unbelievable. I am a big online shopper and will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I found out today, after going to Dillards, that I did not receive my new credit card after a 4/21 expiration. The checkout person was able to look up my account and accommodate me. 5 stars to her!!! I then came home and needed to purchase one item online from the sale that was not in stock at the store. NO ONE FROM CREDIT CARD SERVICES could accommodate me with my Dillards credit card purchase. I didn't care what credit card I used, I just wanted to get my Dillards points. Seems pretty simple to me!! All representatives I spoke with were very nice...nothing to do with them. It's just the principle of the matter!! I would like my Dillards points!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I purchased a leather jacket. After it arrived, I decided it was too big for me and wanted to exchange it for a medium size. I was told I can return it. But they'll charge me $9.95 return fee. And then another $9.95 for sending me a medium size. I reach out to their customer service which was worthless. They told me I can take it back to one of their stores. Nearest one is over 200 miles away!!!! These stores that charge customer for shipping are ripping off customers by not having paying for rent for stores, and then charging customer for shopping. Never again I will use them!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

The WORST Experience buying online with this Store. They still live in the Trogloditich era where you CAN'T buy with your International Card and Ships to USA.

So Old, So Obsolete. You will Disappear as all the Retailers that are now Broke because of they don't want to EVOLVE.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I had ordered clothing for a professional young woman. The clothing did not fit, very big. I requested to return the items for exchange if they would waive the return fee of $9.95. They refused. I purchased two items totaling $143.00. They preferred to lose my business over $9.95 so instead of taking a chance on them being too big again, I returned them and instead they lost $133.05 and took the $9.95 for shipping. What kind of a terrible business model is that? Horrible customer service! Horrible! I will never purchase here again. I have bought from them for years. They lost a customer!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I ordered 2 Converse shirts and 1 pair of Converse sweatpants for my 7-year old daughter. I ordered a small, as it's advertised to be for 8-10 year olds. We get the clothes, my daughter gets excited and starts trying on the clothes and taking tags off. Armpit area was too tight and sweatpants waist was a pretty snug fit. Started looking at return policy...items have to be "unworn" which doesn't make sense and tags can't be missing. A lot of sale items can't be returned...and the kicker...THE CUSTOMER gets to pay for the return shipping label! I will follow along with the other many negative posts and won't spend another dime and this ridiculous department store. Yes...go to Macy's or other stores that have better return policies and customer service!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I purchased 4 tops on 3 August and it stated they would reach me no later than 10 August. I had them shipped to PA for my reunion. 2 of the shirts didn't make it until the afternoon of the 12th. I assumed by calling they would help me forward the package or provide me a return shipping label- nope $9.99 at my cost and argued with me about how many business days they had (5-- yet I didn't receive until 6th). I spent 20 minutes wasted speaking with Marisa and the manager Elsa. The Customer is NOT always right at Dillard's and they could care less that this was my first online experience with them, and now my last in store and online over yes, $9.99 because I now had to pay $9 to print a label to my parents' printer to send to me so I can return to a VA store with the rest of my order bc although I liked 2 of them, there's no way I am supporting this business.

You can take your chances and shop at Dillard's online but why would you in 2021 with such a horrible return policy and attitude towards customers? You can literally shop anywhere and they'll provide you a free prepaid return label now if you don't like it: Macy's (their competitor), Amazon...Again, it's not 1999. They lost me as a customer for life.

Dillards author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

Dillards Company Information