1.34/5
Based on 148 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

184 Dillards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I noticed that Dillard's had a few Louis Vuitton, Prada, and Gucci handbags for sale in a glass locked case on display. I asked a saleslady how often do they receive new and or different bags. She said that they have a bunch of them but she would have to take me to view them because they are locked up in a room on the 3rd floor next door to the customer service desk/business office. Being it was my birthday and the previous year we drove to the Galleria to purchase a Louis Vuitton, this might save us a trip if I find a purse I like right here at Dillard's. My friend and I agreed to follow the saleslady to the top floor to check out LV purses they had in stock. We had to wait for a manager to open up the locked room.

When the manager finally showed up and unlocked the room, to my surprise the entire room was devoted and full of high end designer purses, wallets, and bags. The room contained items from Chanel, Prada, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton. The price tags varied and I remember seeing some that were over $2000. I found a Louis Vuitton that I liked and that was priced under $1000, with tax it totaled close to 1075. The payment was made using $600 in cash and the remainder balance on a debit card. The sales lady put the LV handbag in a brown plastic Dillard's bag with the receipt and handed it to me. I asked if she had a LV bag and she said no they don't have bags for them. Then she said wait a minute and stepped back into the room and came back out with a dust bag and put my new purse in the dust bag and back into the Dillard's plastic bag. The dust-bag she gave me looks nothing like the real LV dust bags I had.

Also it looks just like the dust-bag that a LV bag my ex-husband purchased from eBay years ago thinking he bought an authentic item. Come to find out it was not authentic. I started examining the new LV from Dillard's and noticed several peculiar characteristics of being an imposter. I began to do research on the internet and lo and behold the peculiar characteristics are identifiers on how to spot a fake LV. In order to be certain I wanted to take it to the LV boutique at the Galleria Mall in Houston. I took it there and was told that they are not allowed to authenticate for legal reasons but off the record the gentleman said that the item I showed him was not one of LV's products. A couple days later I sent Dillard's Corporate an e-mail demanding a refund or I was going to the media. Corporate forwarded the email to David ** who persistently began to e-mail and call me everyday until I answered the phone.

He wanted to know when I was coming in so they could render the situation. He also inquired as to why I believe the LV handbag was not authentic. I was unable to meet with Mr. ** until today. I bought the purse along with the miscellaneous authenticity cards that were in the inside pocket of the purse. One of the cards guaranteed authenticity from What Comes Around Goes Around and that the item is an authentic Louis Vuitton Manhattan PM and that it is a vintage/used item. I took with me documents I found through research to show Mr. ** the validity of the purse not being real. I also printed out an article showing him that Chanel is pursuing a lawsuit against What Comes Around Goes Around for this exact reason. He went inside a room with two other ladies and discussed who knows what for quite a while.

He finally came out not saying a word to me nor acknowledge me at all and just asked for my driver's license. He scanned the proof of purchase tag and retrieved a gift card and scanned a store credit of $1000 and handed me the card. I said, "Are you not going to give me my money back." He asked how the transaction was paid for and then said there was no way of locating that transaction. I told him it was rang up on the station right outside of the door behind us. He said that didn't matter and that he normally would not even be doing this. I asked him if they were going to continue to do business with What Comes Around Goes Around and he finally spoke and said they most certainly are because this is the first problem they have encountered and does not believe that the bag is counterfeit.

I also asked him why his staff isn't adequately trained to identify merchandise that are imposters. He had no answer for that. The differences between the authentic LV purse I was carrying and the fake LV I was returning are obvious differences and are clearly seen when comparing the two with each other. I have read posts by other customers who have experienced issues with Dillard's selling replica high-end designer bags. Dillard's is deliberately deceiving customers by selling counterfeit handbags as the real deal for high-end designer prices. I have done enough research that I can pinpoint the website from China that What Comes Around Goes Around is purchasing these "used vintage" handbags from.

If Dillard's was selling authentic LV, Prada, Gucci, and Chanel items then why are they locked up in a room on the 3rd floor and only showcase them to the public a few hours on Saturday for their so called Trunk Show? What Comes Around Goes Around needs to be held accountable for selling counterfeit products and Dillard's should be held accountable for knowingly selling counterfeit items at prices as high as you would pay for an authentic brand new item from an actual boutique. Dillard's is straight up robbing their customers and then throwing a temper tantrum attitude when the customer catches their wrongdoing and calls the organization out on the deceptive practices that are occurring in their everyday operations. I have notified Louis Vuitton Corporate and they are filing a report as well as spoke with a local news station about this story.

The whole point of the purchase to begin with was to get a LV for my birthday, not a fake one. I was deceived by Dillard's and they won't even return the funds that were used to purchase a fake item that was sold through deceptive practices. I could have used to funds to go the LV Boutique to put towards an authentic handbag. What am I going to use this store credit for? A purse? No way! I will never buy any purse from Dillard's because who knows if any of the handbags they carry are really genuine and authentic. Their management has proven to be deceitful, distasteful, and rude which compliments the fake product that is tricking the customers into spending large amounts of money on fake merchandise. Big profits are being made through deceptive practices and it's not right!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Dillards is a great online store that offers a significant variety of shoes from many designers and top brand names at a reasonable price. Furthermore, it’s a great competitor as it ranks up there with the likes of Marshalls and Payless, and Ross. But unlike Marshalls and Ross you can actually save money on great brand named/designer shoes all from the comfort of your home.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

760 Citadel dr Citadel Mall Colorado Springs Co 80909 should be ashamed of themselves!!! I give them low ratings not because of merchandise which is GREAT!! I shop there every other week but some of the salespeople. I'm a dentist and my husband is a doctor. I say that to say this we are not hurting for money. And do not have to shoplift out a discount markdown outlet. I love to shop and I love to save money Like everyone else. There is this one young lady name ** in the purse and makeup handbag section. Was very rude and condescending.

I was Mother's Day shopping with my son and I didn't have a shopping cart the didn't have one. They have mesh seethrough bags. I was shopping for a outfits for my son and I as well as clothing for my up and coming cruise. And I say they had a get sale on edge makeup. I was adding them to the mesh bag when the young lady came and said, "Are you ready to check out." I was like, "No, I'm still browsing." And she took my bag and placed it behind the counter say, "When you're ready to check out it will be here." Shake my head and asked her, "Why are you taking my products if I'm not done selecting?" She said it was policy. There are several women selecting and leaving the area even and several women browsing the product. So I asked the ladies, "Has anyone else have the merchandise held behind the counter?" No one but a ** lady said, "She took mine." I was like, "Really?"

I asked for a manager she never got one. So before you think I'm calling the ** card I'm **. Yes a women of **!! And I will not be StereoTyped and treated like a thief! I spend thousands in this store and this cannot be tolerated. So I asked again, "Why are you required to take my merchandise and not everyone else?" No reply. These products are not in and security case nor is there a sign saying pay for stuff here and you can't leave the area which I'm still in the area shopping and browsing the makeup when my products was taking from me. You can pick and go as I witness many women doing.

THIS STORE sigh I reported it to supervisor she apologized. I really didn't feel good about my purchase at this point and want to return it all by the treatment I received. THIS STORE NEEDS A ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT!! SADLY THIS NOT THE FIRST TIME SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAS HAPPEN. I chose then to overlook it. I'm thinking long and hard if I will ever shop there again.

Original review: March 31, 2018

After an issue with my order, I called into the customer service center and they said they needed their supervisor (who had been ''laughing'' on the phone and was unavailable to take my call). I was told the supervisor would give me a call back within the hour, and if they had not returned the call, to ring in again. I called every hour after that for FIVE hours, until I was told the supervisor had left home and refused to call me until the next day. I told them I would be in back to back meetings that next day, so we set up a note asking them to call when I was free (9:00am). The next day, during a break after my first meeting and over an hour after our scheduled appointment, I had to ring in again and ask to speak to said supervisor (my sixth time).

Every call center representative I spoke to was kind and helpful. Everyone except the customer service supervisor. This woman was horrible. She was terse, unapologetic about the issues with my order, unwilling to help in any way and when I asked her to expedite shipping (due to an issue on their end my boots were unable to make it on time like they would have without the issue) she literally laughed and said ''No. I can cancel your order entirely, though.'' As if to threaten me for asking if she could help me! After THEY messed up MY order! I am disgusted with this service and will no longer frequent this chain. Due to management's gross abnegation of their responsibility to their customers, our family will no longer patronize Dillards.

Original review: March 25, 2018

St. Louis MO - Dillards in Galleria Mall. I should start by saying I used to live in Illinois and I happily shopped at my Dillards store in Illinois for over 20 years. After moving closer to St. Louis, I shopped at the Chesterfield store. The employees at that store were also excellent - especially a young brunette woman named Sarah. Now that the Chesterfield store is closed, I shop at the St. Louis Galleria Dillards. It is always a terrible experience. I shop in the ladies section on the second floor, so this review is only for the employees that work on the second floor. To begin, NO ONE WORKS IN THE HIGH END LADIES SECTION on the second floor. I can rarely find anyone to help me or ring me up. There have been about 10 times where I had something I wanted to purchase but had to leave without it because there is no one to ring me up. When I do see an employee, they ignore the very few customers that still shop there.

I might have a stack of clothes to try on but no one offers to start me a dressing room. I might need another size but no one comes to check on me in the dressing room. Just last week the employee in my section hid in the dressing room with her friend who was trying on clothes and talking about boys and wouldn’t even come out to ring me up. This is supposed to be a ‘high end’ store, but it’s nothing of the like. After leaving Dillards empty handed, I went to Macy's and they had hundreds of customers and numerous employees greeting me and asking me if I needed help. I have always preferred Dillards' clothing over Macy's, but there is no comparison in customer service anymore. Macy's is doing a great job and the Dillards Galleria is doing a terrible job. I love Dillards and I would really like things to be improved at the Dillards Galleria.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: March 2, 2018

Dillards Inside West Oaks Mall #510. This the most racist store I have been to in my entire life. The way they treat ** in that store is downright disrespectful. I'm am a ** man, and I have a stepson who is **. The security guard there followed my son around the store like he just knew he was going to steal something. I have raised my stepson since he was 4 years old. He is now 22, never been in any trouble before. Another crazy thing the guard walks around with his hand on his gun. I was told the store manager was to busy. Store 510 has maybe a handful of ** who work there. And their entire management staff has not one **. Im sure hope a young ** lose his life in that store.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Returned a dress I bought for $160.21, it had all tags not removed, had my receipt. All I wanted was credit my account, back to my card. Dress was not damaged. Dress was for daughter in the military which I took to California? I was not aware no Dillard's in California. They gave me a gift card for the amount however I do not see why not credit account? I shop a lot at Dillard's however, disappointed and you have lost a good customer.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I will resort to only my most recent horrible experience with Dillards, but know there has definitely been more than one. I tried to purchase a pair of boots that had been marked down from $170 to $120 both online and in store. Please note, however, store sale price was not marked on the floor model and after tracking down a sale associate he had to ask a manager to price match, only to discover all the boxes in the back reflected the sale price after all. They didn't have my size in the store, so I asked if they could order and ship to me. He said sure, rang up and tried to charge me full price.

Immediately I questioned why he didn't ring up the sale price and he said he couldn't. So, I asked for a manager because obviously she needed to do an override on the price as all items were clearly marked in store and online at $120, not $170. He walked off and came back and said my manager said there is nothing she can do. Insane. I asked to speak to the manager in person. She came over and said there is nothing I can do and if want these shoes you have to go home and purchase them yourself. Her system wouldn't allow her to adjust the price despite everything clearly being marked otherwise. She reiterated there was nothing she could do and said she hopes they are in stock by the time I order.

I asked to speak to the highest level manager of that store and the same applies. If I want the shoes at sale price as marked I had to go home and order them myself. When I left the store I stated to the upper level manager I was about fed up with Dillards' horrible customer service and archaic management and policies and I would not be back. Her response was, "Now you know why I don't shop here either." How about that for customer service and loyalty?!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Dillard’s Clarksville, Indiana. I bought 6 pair of Ugg boots and 2 pair of Ugg house shoes (paid cash) for Christmas gifts, and just because I do my shopping early in the middle of November, I can’t get a refund on a pair of house shoes because it’s past 30, even though I had my receipt, and even got gift receipts. Was never told I couldn’t get a refund if the person didn’t like the gift. Will never shop at a Dillard’s ever again. Should had looked to see they was only a 1 star before going there anyways. They will soon follow Sears and Kmart treating customers this way, and only being a 1 star.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

On 12/27/17 (my Birthday) my husband & I went shopping for a new robe for my present. I found a lovely one, some pj's & a lingerie bag at the Newport News store at Patrick Henry Mall in VA. Upon home I tried on the robe & pj's. The pj's top was too tight. Decided to return after holidays. Just happened we decided to go back to Patrick Henry (we live in Portsmouth- 25 miles away) for other shopping- so we returned the pj's today 12/31/17. I really never looked at the receipt and the original sales associate gave me no reason to do so. Upon arrival we returned the pj's- the Associate stated there were no tags on the garment and they could not be returned without tags. I had to show her the tags. Then she said they were "clearance" and could not be returned after 3 days (28, 29, 30- oh geez today was the 4th day!). I saw no signage nor did the salesperson tell me about the 3 day policy.

A dept. mgr was called- and she repeated the same, I asked for a store credit which she said she would do- she handed my husband a "red store credit card" with a receipt folded around it. Our return for the sleepwear was supposed to be (as per our orig receipt) $23.30 + tax. When my husband went to the men's dept to purchase some socks- the credit only showed $6!!! So we went customer service. Evidently the original sales person applied the wrong yellow return sticker to my garment! Faye, in Customer Service understood the error, but needed a Mgr to override the 3 day return policy.

After waiting over 30 minutes the dept mgr (who gave us the incorrect $$ store credit card)- showed up then after numerous attempts was cluless how to correct the errors. Finally Faye, made the corrections (we hope- because we did not get our original receipt back). When I discovered this on the way home I called Faye at the store and asked her to mail me our receipt. AT NO TIME did anyone store associate apologize for their errors or inconvenience! Never going back to Dillards!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I bought a Dooney and Bourke wallet on a Saturday (the day before Christmas Eve) for 30% off. After I got home, I noticed that in different lighting the wallet had a razor thin cut mark in the leather. I called the store the next morning (Christmas Eve). They had no more in stock but said if I came down to the store they could order it for me. Being it was Christmas Eve I asked if I could stop in after Christmas. They said the sale "ended that day" so I had to come down to the store to get the 30% discount. So, taking a break from family time and baking Christmas cookies, I braved the mall traffic and went to Dillard's to order the wallet to get the 30% off & free shipping. The sales associate was polite, but was having problems keying in the 30% discount. So, she called the manager. The manager told her to tell me that the sale ended "yesterday" and that she could not give me the discount.

The sales associate felt bad and asked me if I wanted to talk to the manager and pointed in the direction that she was. I saw the manager sneaking taking down the posted 30% off sale signs! I called her out on it. I was met with fierce resistance. They finally called the head guy down and he reluctantly agreed to give me the discount (but as a price adjustment when I returned the defective wallet). It was like pulling teeth over about $40. Unbelievable. Macy's and Nordstrom's would never had done that. Especially if they had told me the sale was still on, to come down to the store, and especially because it was Christmas Eve. It left a sour taste in my mouth and I will not shop there anymore. I had heard Dillard's was not accommodating to its customers and did not try to instill customer goodwill. I experienced that first hand.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I am a long time shopper of Dillards and a ** Women. On Sunday, December 24, 2017 I went into Dillards Department Store in the Domain Shopping Center in Austin, TX to buy some shoes. I had picked out 3 different style Sperry shoes to try on and was planning to purchase them. I stood with the shoes in my hand waiting for an employee to assist me. The store was not busy at all, in fact there was only around 3 other customers in the shoe area where I was. While standing there, one female ** employee walked past me as I stood there and walked up to two other female ** customers to help them. Then a couple of different employees appeared in the area, walked past me as well ignored me as if I was a mannequin. Finally I sat down and decided to just wait to see when/who would finally recognize me sitting there with my selection of shoes to try on.

After 10 minutes or so, I decided to record what was happening to report it to the store Manager, so I did. I missed about 3 minutes of recording due to my phone didn't record. But, I did get just enough to show exactly how the employees in the shoe department ignored me, walked past me, and one lady even asked another ** customer behind me for help, then walked past me and went about her business. One employee looked me dead in the eye. The video show 5 employees gathered around the register laughing and talking while I sat there looking stupid. Finally I got up and walked over to them and I told them, I sat there for over 10 minutes and neither of you came over to ask me for help.

I took my video upstairs to the store Manager. I didn't tell her what happen when she asked, I told her to watch the video and see what happened. I'm sure the store camera in the shoe department will clearly show the entire time I spent being ignored while they stood around laughing and talking like I meant nothing. I had bought 2 outfits for Christmas gifts the day before, I returned both and said I will never shop Dillards again, took my money and headed to Macy's... I will be glad to submit my video, if necessary.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Ordered a dress online. The invoice was accidentally destroyed in opening the box as it's outside the box, not inside. Online return F&Q states returns have to have that invoice, so I phoned. "You are the 19th caller..." 15 min + later, I hold until 7th caller and then I hear them on the line and they hung up. I call back, 17th in line. I wait another 12 min...I hang up frustrated. Go online to deep search the return address, and see it states "no returns past 30 days". It's day 31. Never again. Nordstrom or Ann Taylor... I will never stray again because Dillards, customer service & return ease is the KEY to trust and loyalty.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Dillards has the worst Customer Service among all the department stores! Do not shop at Dillards... Shop at Nordstrom instead where they treat their customers respectfully and pleasantly. I purchased a leather skirt from Dillards last week. While I had it on & I was pulling down this skirt, it ripped! I have not even left my house. I did wear the skirt around my house as I was getting ready. So, the following day, I ended up taking it back to the Summerlin, Las Vegas store and complained about an expensive skirt that ripped the moment I put it on. The saleslady in the Antonio Melani section of the ladies' clothes & her department manager were very unaccommodating and treated me badly. If this experience happened at Nordstrom, they will take care of you and do what they can to make a customer happy. Not so at Dillards!!! These people need to learn some real customer service.

You would think that Dillards would hold their suppliers accountable and sell quality products considering the price they charge. I just don't think it is right. I am a very busy executive but took the time to go back to the store to bring up this issue. However, since they treated me badly, I have decided to cut my Dillards card and never shop at Dillards EVER again! I have been their customer for decades. But I will be taking my business to Nordstrom from now on!!! Shame on you Dillards! I hope your stores close & you go out of business as people are shopping online where the return policy is more customer friendly.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I received a congratulations from Dillard's on December 1, 2018 and the same time realized that I had an overdue balance of $4.14 so I immediately paid it. Also on that same day after I made the payment good they closed my account for having violating their delinquency agreement or policy. Then on December the 7th I received a letter from the cardholder of Dillard's account and found a letter telling me that my account had been closed and in order to re-open my account I would have to go into the store and reapply for credit.

Here is my problem after calling in and speaking with several employees including the supervisor who finds it comforting to tell me at least we are giving you an option to reapply. Not as I thought to be the basis for continuing to develop customer loyalty. I understand the importance of having a customer to pay their accounts on time and my reasoning is I hope for so form of understanding to an error that such a rigid policy that shows no means of flexibility. I am only writing to to say pay your credit bills on time with Dillard's or they will surely close you out without warning. I am sorry that there are businesses that do not truly value one customer's design to want to maintain a relationship with a client. I do not owe them anything yet they felt it necessary to close my account for $4.14. Wow.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I placed 2 orders online at Dillards on Black Friday. The first ordered was cancelled after 5 days. I will not receive my order and I can no longer replace it with Black Friday deals from other stores. The second order was shipped from 2 different branches and they added charges that I did not agree to. I will be requesting an adjustment on my credit card for the extra charges. Black Friday sales that can't be delivered are no deals. Don't waste your time ordering from Dillards.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

DON'T EVER SHOP ONLINE FROM DILLARD'S (unless of course you don't want to see your money back). THEY STOLE $80 FROM ME AND NEVER GAVE BACK. I had the worst customer service experience at Dillard's. I am a regular customer at Dillard's stores and for the first time I dared purchase something online from them, as they were having a good sale. I bought a pair of shoes from a brand I have before and a size that I know it fits me from that particular brand. Well, of course the shoes did not fit me at all, cannot even get them halfway on. They seem to be 2 sizes smaller. I am not surprised now that they were on sale...

Anyway when I called to have them replaced they said they don't have larger sizes and I wanted to return them but because of the rules of that particular sale they had going on they said I cannot do that. So I told them they are two sizes smaller or there is something wrong with those shoes. I understand the rules of a sale but then you, as a product provider also have to send me the product I paid for, not something else. So I had to hold of my bargain, but Dillard's didn't. And the person wasn't helpful at all, didn't even offer a discount since I was stuck with them, nor was being nice over the phone.

I am sure that they don't care, that's why that guy was acting like that on the phone. The corporate mentality was screaming through the phone, and the careless for the customers they live and mooch off. They basically stole my $80 and never gave back, nor willing to compensate in any way. They lost one good customer but I am sure they couldn't care less about that either.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I go to Dillards in MacArthur Mall Norfolk Virginia. Last few times I was made to feel very uncomfortable. The first sales lady in the formal section was irritated because I ask her to check the price of a dress. Then I went to section that sell Eileen Fisher. She act irritated because I was writing a check. She even made the statement that people doesn't use checks anymore. I feel that it is not her business how I pay for my purchase. They really need some more customer service training. The number in order number box is the receipt number.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I will NEVER Buy from Dillards again! I received my order of 7 polo shirts. I received shirts that were TOO BIG and I used the sizing chart, 4 were faded and looked NOTHING like the pictures. I was told the pictures they put online are from the vendor and the colors on the site are usually off, had I known that I would not have purchased them. I received 7 too big, 4 faded with,1 with a string hanging from the Polo sign and was told there is NOTHING that could be done by Jeff at corporate and Araceli manager of Dillards Direct. I was then told to send pictures of my items to Araceli. Sent the pictures and a week later no reply. I called and was told the pictures would be sent to Jeff. Then I was told to send the items back to the warehouse for inspection and I have to pay shipping! I will NEVER shop at Dillards and will make sure to let EVERYONE know about this experience.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I am a new customer to ordering at Dillards online. However, I will never order online with this firm again. I ordered three articles of clothing of which I had to return two due to needing a smaller size. This firm does not have shipping returns labels for you to send back their clothing. Therefore, I had to send back the clothing at cost. And upon receipt of the merchandise I am now being informed that I must pay for the exchanged items to be shipped to me. Just to ensure everyone reading this message understands I have paid 50% in shipping cost to the cost of the items exchanged and could not return on of the two items due to no returns are permitted, only a size exchange is permitted.

When I asked why I could not return one of the two items which clearly I did not like upon receiving it did not look like the picture online, the customer service person reported they want to get rid of the inventory in stock. What a fortunate insult for me to have a dress that I do not really want but must keep and now pay to have this dress shipped to me. I have transitioned to purchasing merchandise online for the past three years and many companies have shipping/returns policies that far surpass this company's policies and they're not a big box retailers. I will never order online from you. Please note that I spend at least $1,000 a month on online orders and your firm will never see any of the proceeds from my transactions.

Original review: July 12, 2017

For many years I have shopped at Dillards because I am in my 60's and my Mother who was 82 in 2010, taught me about the best clothing stores because she shopped there when she taught small children for over 44 years in public schools. Back then, very few Mothers had jobs or had to work outside of the home or even held degrees. I love their leather purses and shoes. I just bought two pairs of shoes yesterday. Dillard's is the best store in Wichita Falls. Texas and in Bee Cave, Texas at the Galleria no matter what anyone says.

Original review: June 23, 2017

My wife purchased a Louis Vuitton handbag at the Woodlands, Texas Dillard's store. She has shopped here for many years. She speaks and understands limited English as she is a resident in South America and has a vacation home in The Woodlands. When she got home her daughter noticed that the handbag was clearly defective, i.e. it would not stand by itself, and if you put anything into it it would topple over. I told her she should return it and I accompanied her to the store to help her as I speak fluent English. Much to my surprise the salesperson told me that there was no returns and pointed to a sign in the store which said VINTAGE HANDBAGS ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

My wife of course not speaking the language had not seen much less understood the sign and thought she was purchasing a new handbag. Called the store manager who gave us the same answer and further advised that this was a preowned and used handbag, which only made matters worse. We repeatedly told her that the saleslady had not even attempted to make my wife understand the fact that this was a used handbag, in a program which we were told just started three months ago. Have looked up the definition of VINTAGE and the word pertains to wine age and even the dictionary says the word has been abused in other contexts. Finally I got fed up and decided to leave and my wife handed over the bag to the clerk and told her to keep it, she did not want it.

We started walking out of the store and the saleslady practically followed me halfway to the door and asked me courteously to please hang on to the bag and come back the next day to speak to Mr. Tai ** store manager, who had the authority to make a decision. Went back the next day to customer service and asked for the gentleman and he was paged and called in and was told I was there and wanted to see him. He asked the lady in customer service to ask me what it was about and I went through the long process of explaining the whole situation to her. She briefly advised the store manager and after some two or three minutes of conversation with her she hung up and simply told me again the same story.

I asked if at least could pick out a different handbag or get store credit but everything I asked came back as a flat NO. I am frustrated that this gentleman did not even have the decency to show himself and explain personally. My wife and I have been good customers of Dillard's for 15+ years, you can understand my frustration... By the way VINTAGE definitely does not mean or imply DEFECTIVE.

Original review: March 29, 2017

If you take out a Dillard's charge card you may eventually find yourself in consumer hell. Service can be OK for a while but forget your password or change something and you are unlikely to be able to use the card again. I spent hours trying to get this fixed without success. You can call but instead of help you are curtly referred back to the nonworking internet site. I finally gave up and tossed my card in the bonfire.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Here are the two order numbers: first order # ** and the second # **. I returned back two dresses to Dillard's that I bought online to their Arizona warehouse on March 13th with the FedEx label they provided to me. The return arrived at their Arizona warehouse on March 20, 2017 at 6:00 A.M. Three days later, I checked my credit card’s account but there was no refund. When I called their customer service line to find out why they have not refunded me the full payments. I was told it takes three to seven business days to process the refunds. Up till this date I have yet to receive a credit on my credit card account. THIS IS NOT A GOOD customer service on their part. This is poor as customers expect to receive a refund promptly when returning items. I will not order anything from Dillard's again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I love shopping at Dillard's and have always enjoyed their quality merchandise. However, I am very dissatisfied with the way they handled a canceled transaction. They ran my card to pay for some items I purchased and the transaction supposedly didn't go through because they said the ZIP code was not correct. So they ran it through again and it worked the 2nd time. However, the first transaction that they canceled is still pending on my account and they have not released the funds as of yet.

This is not the first time this has happened, the last time they held my funds for about 7 business days before the pending charges were finally released. So I called their Customer Service Department to see if they could release the hold and was told it normally takes 3-5 business days, and that there was nothing they could do about it. The manager at the store location told me the same thing. I told them I was not returning any merchandise, which does sometimes take a few days to be credited back to a card. My situation was that the transaction supposedly didn't even go through and was declined because of the ZIP code, but yet the $$ is still pending as if it were a valid charge. So now I have to wait until they decide to release the hold on my $$. I know I have the option of paying cash, or with a credit card, but I should be able to use my debit card if that is my preferred method of payment. As much as I enjoy shopping at Dillard's I'm not sure I want to continue to do so.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I sent back 2 dresses to Dillards online in Arizona on January 25th. One has not even arrived back to them as yet using their FedEX label they provided to me. The other dress has been back to them since January 28th and I have yet to receive a credit on my credit card account. THIS IS POOR Customer service on their part. When I called they said they closed down the warehouse to do inventory. This is poor as people expect to receive a refund promptly when returning items.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Bought a pair of Ugg's at Dillard's via online. Ordered the following: UGG Kona Elastic Toggle Leather Boots Item #04531627. To my disappointment the product received looked nothing like the Ugg Boot advertised. The wool lining on the picture looks thick and comfy. I was expecting it to be just like the ones I had previously purchased. Because I purchased them on sale, I am now unable to return them. The reason why I bought them, was because they look just like the one I had purchased in 2010. I was duped!!! Arghhhh.

I am attaching a picture of my 2010 Ugg's in comparison to the one I just purchased. You can see the huge difference. What a scam. Take a look at the picture that is advertised on the Dillard's website and you will see for yourself that the boot look like it is fully lined with wool. When I buy a product, I want to pay for what is advertised, whether on sale or full price. Completely DECEPTIVE on how the pictures looks from the product you receive. Ugg's and Dillard's are completely aware of the product that they are selling to consumer. Will never buy Ugg's again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Dillards is a extremely fine shopping experience. I find their employees and service at the A+ level every time I shop in their stores, whether it is in Las Vegas, Scottsdale or California. The high quality of retail goods is wonderful and reminds us of how the traditional department stores were laid out, very organized and with beautiful, quality clothes. I have shopped Dillards for years, and always go there first for everything. Our family always has had a wonderful, friendly visit each time and I wish to thank Dillards for hiring such lovely employees.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Bought a MK Hamilton Satchel online and was thinking I got a good deal on it. The website at the time advertised an extra discount of up to 40% on already discounted items. This item was in the list and if I remember it correctly, on the second page of the list was where this was. I hurried and purchased it because I thought it's a really good deal and didn't want it to run out of stock! Now looking back into my credit card statement, I just realized that I didn't get the extra 40% off discount. I emailed customer service about it and she just told me that there's nothing they can do about it.

Now, today, (01/13/17), I called them and explained what happened and the reps were all VERY RUDE and was raising their voices on me, EVEN the supervisor! Saying that there's nothing they can do about it. And told me that I can just return the item if I didn't want it. Of course I want it! I just needed them to honor the sale advertised on the website! Now I wish I took a screenshot of it! Now when I asked her what I need to do to return it and if I get a full refund including the shipping, she told me they don't refund the shipping! I told her I would really like to get it back because it was false advertisement on their part that got me to making the purchase and getting me in this trouble I'm in now. And then few moments later after putting me on hold so many times, she came back and told me that they'll refund the shipping also but that I'd still be responsible for shipping the item back.

I was just shaking my head in disbelief that this company and these people I spoke with are so VERY incompetent and VERY rude! I even told her a lot of other online stores have free shipping even if you buy only $25 worth of items and free returns! That's not it, after our conversation, they emailed with the mailing address I asked for and said "please return the boots to the warehouse". This is after I spoke with them for 33 minutes! Again, shaking my head! This isn't the only problem I have. I went to the store on the 1st of this month to find a good deal since they're having a sale. I bought these shoes that was supposed to be discounted and that was supposed to have another 40% off discount after it. When I got home, I realized I didn't even get the discounted price on it that was supposed to have been only $53.99. They charged me full price on it!

This, to me isn't as big of a problem because I can just go to the store and not have to pay for the shipping. But with everything Dillard's has put me through with my shopping experience, I don't know if I'll ever buy from them again even if I have a credit card from them. The shoes was partly my fault for not checking the receipt firsthand. But it was very packed that day and the sale was what everybody was there for! People stood in line for hours before they opened!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Informed Dillards credit card services I had been laid off right before Christmas and receive a response that was very cold. I will no longer shop at any Dillards and will advise all friends and family to do same. Discover card actually gave me a $100 gift card to ease the difficulty of the holiday season. Please consider a Discover card if you ever find yourself wanting to get a Dillards credit card. The rewards are almost non existent. Discover gives me a reward I can use to pay my bill!!! Dillards could learn a lot from Discover. I've cancelled my Dillards and will never get a card associated with Dillards or Wells Fargo and I will never shop there again. With these kind of customer service standards I expect Dillards to be bankrupt in 10 years at the most. I will be a lifelong Discover card member.

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs