1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

208 Dillards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was in Dillard's on New Year's Day and was looking at purchasing a Patricia Nash pocketbook which was on the 40% rack and an additional 50% off, upon going to purchase it, after I found someone, they said it was not on sale, however, had they bothered to look they would have seen quite a few of the same bag on the rack, I spoke to the manager, after waiting a lengthy time to find her, all she said was not on sale, do you want it or not, her nasty attitude and body language had me put it down and walk out.

Still so irritated I called the corporate office and reached out to the CEO of Dillard's in Arkansas. His assistant Karen told me she could not do anything until I called the District manager, Gene **, well I did as I was told, and did not hear back, called her today, she was quite curt and said she would send an email to Mr. ** and also his assistant, well, I still have not heard anything back. Yes Dillard's has some items, that other stores do not have but I will not shop there ever again, they have no customer service skills and need to be better trained, however, since I did not have a good reception from the CEO's office what could I expect. What should have been asked is what can we do to satisfy you, but they don't seem to care about my business.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I received an email yesterday that my online order was ready at Fashion Place Mall in Salt Lake. I checked store hours for New Year’s Day and went to pick up my order, only to be told to come back tomorrow because they were too busy with returns & didn’t have time to give me my order that I paid for two days ago. Every time I shop at Dillard’s I remember why I haven’t shopped there for a while. Then I head over to Nordstrom!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I just called and have a horrible experience with their service. I spoke with Monica and Elaine. I tried to purchase boots at the sale price last night but the sale price in the cart was not matching the price on the page. It was midnight and they state they were open but were not. I even had screenshots of the issue. They were not able or willing to give me the boots at the price advertised yesterday. I am very upset at the quality of customer service. I hope they are able to do better in the future or I cannot imagine Dillards being a successful company much longer with the lack of care given to its customers and inability to make a sale. I will now go purchase those boots elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

17:30 pm I walked up to James Avery store in Dillards. There were maybe 4 people standing in front of me looking in glass case. A sales associate named Elizabeth walks close to glass case and said yes and looked at me, I asked is this the line, Elizabeth replies no. I then walk up and give her my James Avery bag with everything I was returning exactly how the James Avery in Dillards in humble gave me. I stated receipt is in bag as well. Elizabeth opens the box, take the charm out, look in bag. Elizabeth looks up to me as Elizabeth looks at receipt and say, "Well you don't have the yellow sticker. Where is it." I then state, "I'm not sure what yellow sticker but I have not taken anything out the box or bag. I brought it to you guys with receipt how it was given to me."

She then gives me a dirty look. I said, "I'm not sure what the yellow tag looks like," and Elizabeth says, "Without that tag on here I have to see if you can even return this." I said, "Well I was told when I purchased this as long as I had the receipt I could return it." Elizabeth says, "I have to call my manager and ask her." I said, "Why is that if the receipt is here and it has not been over 60 days and everything is in there as purchased except a yellow tag?" Elizabeth then grabs a clear bag with a yellow tag and raises her voice and says, "This yellow tag you see," while shaking the bag in the air and a very firm, demeaning negative tone.

I have never been talked to that way when I'm a loyal customer and I was completely respectful to her the entire time. This is something I don't allow my staff to do. That's a automatic termination because my company I manage has had a lawsuit before unfortunately because of this exact reason. This so-called subtle racism is unacceptable. I will never buy from Dillards again or James Avery. I'm sorry for James Avery because they are a great company but the partnership with Dillards. This I will not sweep under the rug. I then talked to Elizabeth manager Donyae who then looked through bag and opened box looked up at me and said, "Yes where is that yellow tag." I tell her the same thing I told Elizabeth. Everything that is in there is exactly how It is when I purchased it. Calmly I look while Donyae looks again.

She takes stuffing paper out top of bag, takes out box, look in bag, then opens box, put the top down, look under charm red bag, as she is doing so I say, "Are you guys referring to this yellow tag right here in lid of box." She says, "Oh yeah there it is," and does the transaction to return. When she is done and give me the receipt I then say, "Next time a little tip you may want to tell your employee not to accuse customers and have a demeaning attitude and body language all because she didn't look properly." Donyae did not acknowledge what I said. I then asked for her name and Elizabeth name. Donyae says, "Oh you was not happy?" I walked away. There was so many problems with this whole situation but most of all neither said, "I apologize," "I didn't look," or, "I'm sorry for my attitude and demeanor."

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Can never explain enough the disappointment shopping at this store. After spending about $800.00 on various items in the ladies department and on the way out noticed a pair of slacks on a mannequin. Went back to the sales clerk and was charged for the slacks. Upon the transaction I was told the slacks were not in that store and had to be shipped to my address, which is my husband's in an industrial location used for warehousing, hardly anyone there. So within a few minutes the clerk said she would cancel the sale. Why not tell me the slacks were not in the store before charging my card? Bottom line; during all the purchases we made that day, the clerk seemed confused and we had to ensure she understood English.

We have never received the $74.00 credit she said we would as the sale was to be canceled. Called the store on more than one occasion, talked with someone in the first call who assured me we would receive the credit, have not. Waited another week, called again. Talked with Darel. He tells me I should go back to the store in person to ask for credit with the receipts. The Galleria is across the street and have been shopping in Neiman and other stores for years. Don't shop at Dillards, the overall experience was not good and their prices are not less than the competition.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

It seems from what I am reading in these reviews that Dillards is blatantly ignoring their store policy with returns and I would immediately contact corporate. It is illegal for them to keep money owed to you and a gift receipt tells the exact amount paid so yes that acts as an original receipt and you absolutely get back whatever the amount paid was on that gift receipt. I strongly feel corporate needs to be involved and the BBB and not that any wants to take them to court, maybe you should too stop their unfair and possibly illegal acts as keeping money after they have accepted your merchandise back. Essentially that's stealing... I do not let anything go when I am mistreated or wronged - I go straight to the corporate office and I don't stop calling until it's corrected according to their own policy that they should absolutely be following...

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Very lousy customer service. Be Aware buying anything online. They charged my bank card (posted charge) Twice then put an pre auth hold on there 2 more times. This pre auth charged stayed on there for over a week. I finally got It off and they charged me again. It is still not resolved. I sill have over $320 tied for a $100 gift card. I am so sick of their customer services trying to tell me how pre auth works. I know how it works. It ties up your $ and theirs just never comes off!

I will never buy another thing from them!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

First of all, Dillards has the worst service ever. Two days ago I purchased a dress which is 300$ and I’ve a 30 days to return according to the return policy so I came today to return it cause I’ve the right to do so. That’s what their return policy says. I was at the store with my little baby sister and I told her when I return it I’ll get her what she wants with the money. They refused to return it so asked for the store manager. She came and was mad cause I called her so all that she did is pulling the dress tag off and cutting the receipt, returning item number with her pen in front of my teary eyed baby sister who realized that she can’t buy what she want if the item is not returned. That’s how they treat customers at Dillards.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

Returned gifts received following all steps including instructions on where to send gift card, all tags and gift receipts were provided. Never received anything from them. When we followed up we were informed they reimbursed the original purchase and there is just nothing they can do and we would have to call the person who gave us the gift originally, which is not an option. Still fuming and very angry about how this was handled. We did everything as instructed and lost $300 in merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I purchased a dress online for 310.00. I shipped it back because although pretty, the dress did not look good against my own skin tone. I shipped it back and have been told it’s lost in the warehouse. It’s been 6 weeks and no refund. No effort is taking place to find the dress or refund my purchase.

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs