1.32/5
  • 1 star
Based on 141 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Dillards

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 4, 2018

177 Dillards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I will resort to only my most recent horrible experience with Dillards, but know there has definitely been more than one. I tried to purchase a pair of boots that had been marked down from $170 to $120 both online and in store. Please note, however, store sale price was not marked on the floor model and after tracking down a sale associate he had to ask a manager to price match, only to discover all the boxes in the back reflected the sale price after all. They didn't have my size in the store, so I asked if they could order and ship to me. He said sure, rang up and tried to charge me full price.

Immediately I questioned why he didn't ring up the sale price and he said he couldn't. So, I asked for a manager because obviously she needed to do an override on the price as all items were clearly marked in store and online at $120, not $170. He walked off and came back and said my manager said there is nothing she can do. Insane. I asked to speak to the manager in person. She came over and said there is nothing I can do and if want these shoes you have to go home and purchase them yourself. Her system wouldn't allow her to adjust the price despite everything clearly being marked otherwise. She reiterated there was nothing she could do and said she hopes they are in stock by the time I order.

I asked to speak to the highest level manager of that store and the same applies. If I want the shoes at sale price as marked I had to go home and order them myself. When I left the store I stated to the upper level manager I was about fed up with Dillards' horrible customer service and archaic management and policies and I would not be back. Her response was, "Now you know why I don't shop here either." How about that for customer service and loyalty?!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Dillard’s Clarksville, Indiana. I bought 6 pair of Ugg boots and 2 pair of Ugg house shoes (paid cash) for Christmas gifts, and just because I do my shopping early in the middle of November, I can’t get a refund on a pair of house shoes because it’s past 30, even though I had my receipt, and even got gift receipts. Was never told I couldn’t get a refund if the person didn’t like the gift. Will never shop at a Dillard’s ever again. Should had looked to see they was only a 1 star before going there anyways. They will soon follow Sears and Kmart treating customers this way, and only being a 1 star.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

On 12/27/17 (my Birthday) my husband & I went shopping for a new robe for my present. I found a lovely one, some pj's & a lingerie bag at the Newport News store at Patrick Henry Mall in VA. Upon home I tried on the robe & pj's. The pj's top was too tight. Decided to return after holidays. Just happened we decided to go back to Patrick Henry (we live in Portsmouth- 25 miles away) for other shopping- so we returned the pj's today 12/31/17. I really never looked at the receipt and the original sales associate gave me no reason to do so. Upon arrival we returned the pj's- the Associate stated there were no tags on the garment and they could not be returned without tags. I had to show her the tags. Then she said they were "clearance" and could not be returned after 3 days (28, 29, 30- oh geez today was the 4th day!). I saw no signage nor did the salesperson tell me about the 3 day policy.

A dept. mgr was called- and she repeated the same, I asked for a store credit which she said she would do- she handed my husband a "red store credit card" with a receipt folded around it. Our return for the sleepwear was supposed to be (as per our orig receipt) $23.30 + tax. When my husband went to the men's dept to purchase some socks- the credit only showed $6!!! So we went customer service. Evidently the original sales person applied the wrong yellow return sticker to my garment! Faye, in Customer Service understood the error, but needed a Mgr to override the 3 day return policy.

After waiting over 30 minutes the dept mgr (who gave us the incorrect $$ store credit card)- showed up then after numerous attempts was cluless how to correct the errors. Finally Faye, made the corrections (we hope- because we did not get our original receipt back). When I discovered this on the way home I called Faye at the store and asked her to mail me our receipt. AT NO TIME did anyone store associate apologize for their errors or inconvenience! Never going back to Dillards!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I bought a Dooney and Bourke wallet on a Saturday (the day before Christmas Eve) for 30% off. After I got home, I noticed that in different lighting the wallet had a razor thin cut mark in the leather. I called the store the next morning (Christmas Eve). They had no more in stock but said if I came down to the store they could order it for me. Being it was Christmas Eve I asked if I could stop in after Christmas. They said the sale "ended that day" so I had to come down to the store to get the 30% discount. So, taking a break from family time and baking Christmas cookies, I braved the mall traffic and went to Dillard's to order the wallet to get the 30% off & free shipping. The sales associate was polite, but was having problems keying in the 30% discount. So, she called the manager. The manager told her to tell me that the sale ended "yesterday" and that she could not give me the discount.

The sales associate felt bad and asked me if I wanted to talk to the manager and pointed in the direction that she was. I saw the manager sneaking taking down the posted 30% off sale signs! I called her out on it. I was met with fierce resistance. They finally called the head guy down and he reluctantly agreed to give me the discount (but as a price adjustment when I returned the defective wallet). It was like pulling teeth over about $40. Unbelievable. Macy's and Nordstrom's would never had done that. Especially if they had told me the sale was still on, to come down to the store, and especially because it was Christmas Eve. It left a sour taste in my mouth and I will not shop there anymore. I had heard Dillard's was not accommodating to its customers and did not try to instill customer goodwill. I experienced that first hand.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I am a long time shopper of Dillards and a ** Women. On Sunday, December 24, 2017 I went into Dillards Department Store in the Domain Shopping Center in Austin, TX to buy some shoes. I had picked out 3 different style Sperry shoes to try on and was planning to purchase them. I stood with the shoes in my hand waiting for an employee to assist me. The store was not busy at all, in fact there was only around 3 other customers in the shoe area where I was. While standing there, one female ** employee walked past me as I stood there and walked up to two other female ** customers to help them. Then a couple of different employees appeared in the area, walked past me as well ignored me as if I was a mannequin. Finally I sat down and decided to just wait to see when/who would finally recognize me sitting there with my selection of shoes to try on.

After 10 minutes or so, I decided to record what was happening to report it to the store Manager, so I did. I missed about 3 minutes of recording due to my phone didn't record. But, I did get just enough to show exactly how the employees in the shoe department ignored me, walked past me, and one lady even asked another ** customer behind me for help, then walked past me and went about her business. One employee looked me dead in the eye. The video show 5 employees gathered around the register laughing and talking while I sat there looking stupid. Finally I got up and walked over to them and I told them, I sat there for over 10 minutes and neither of you came over to ask me for help.

I took my video upstairs to the store Manager. I didn't tell her what happen when she asked, I told her to watch the video and see what happened. I'm sure the store camera in the shoe department will clearly show the entire time I spent being ignored while they stood around laughing and talking like I meant nothing. I had bought 2 outfits for Christmas gifts the day before, I returned both and said I will never shop Dillards again, took my money and headed to Macy's... I will be glad to submit my video, if necessary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Ordered a dress online. The invoice was accidentally destroyed in opening the box as it's outside the box, not inside. Online return F&Q states returns have to have that invoice, so I phoned. "You are the 19th caller..." 15 min + later, I hold until 7th caller and then I hear them on the line and they hung up. I call back, 17th in line. I wait another 12 min...I hang up frustrated. Go online to deep search the return address, and see it states "no returns past 30 days". It's day 31. Never again. Nordstrom or Ann Taylor... I will never stray again because Dillards, customer service & return ease is the KEY to trust and loyalty.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Dillards has the worst Customer Service among all the department stores! Do not shop at Dillards... Shop at Nordstrom instead where they treat their customers respectfully and pleasantly. I purchased a leather skirt from Dillards last week. While I had it on & I was pulling down this skirt, it ripped! I have not even left my house. I did wear the skirt around my house as I was getting ready. So, the following day, I ended up taking it back to the Summerlin, Las Vegas store and complained about an expensive skirt that ripped the moment I put it on. The saleslady in the Antonio Melani section of the ladies' clothes & her department manager were very unaccommodating and treated me badly. If this experience happened at Nordstrom, they will take care of you and do what they can to make a customer happy. Not so at Dillards!!! These people need to learn some real customer service.

You would think that Dillards would hold their suppliers accountable and sell quality products considering the price they charge. I just don't think it is right. I am a very busy executive but took the time to go back to the store to bring up this issue. However, since they treated me badly, I have decided to cut my Dillards card and never shop at Dillards EVER again! I have been their customer for decades. But I will be taking my business to Nordstrom from now on!!! Shame on you Dillards! I hope your stores close & you go out of business as people are shopping online where the return policy is more customer friendly.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I received a congratulations from Dillard's on December 1, 2018 and the same time realized that I had an overdue balance of $4.14 so I immediately paid it. Also on that same day after I made the payment good they closed my account for having violating their delinquency agreement or policy. Then on December the 7th I received a letter from the cardholder of Dillard's account and found a letter telling me that my account had been closed and in order to re-open my account I would have to go into the store and reapply for credit.

Here is my problem after calling in and speaking with several employees including the supervisor who finds it comforting to tell me at least we are giving you an option to reapply. Not as I thought to be the basis for continuing to develop customer loyalty. I understand the importance of having a customer to pay their accounts on time and my reasoning is I hope for so form of understanding to an error that such a rigid policy that shows no means of flexibility. I am only writing to to say pay your credit bills on time with Dillard's or they will surely close you out without warning. I am sorry that there are businesses that do not truly value one customer's design to want to maintain a relationship with a client. I do not owe them anything yet they felt it necessary to close my account for $4.14. Wow.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I placed 2 orders online at Dillards on Black Friday. The first ordered was cancelled after 5 days. I will not receive my order and I can no longer replace it with Black Friday deals from other stores. The second order was shipped from 2 different branches and they added charges that I did not agree to. I will be requesting an adjustment on my credit card for the extra charges. Black Friday sales that can't be delivered are no deals. Don't waste your time ordering from Dillards.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

DON'T EVER SHOP ONLINE FROM DILLARD'S (unless of course you don't want to see your money back). THEY STOLE $80 FROM ME AND NEVER GAVE BACK. I had the worst customer service experience at Dillard's. I am a regular customer at Dillard's stores and for the first time I dared purchase something online from them, as they were having a good sale. I bought a pair of shoes from a brand I have before and a size that I know it fits me from that particular brand. Well, of course the shoes did not fit me at all, cannot even get them halfway on. They seem to be 2 sizes smaller. I am not surprised now that they were on sale...

Anyway when I called to have them replaced they said they don't have larger sizes and I wanted to return them but because of the rules of that particular sale they had going on they said I cannot do that. So I told them they are two sizes smaller or there is something wrong with those shoes. I understand the rules of a sale but then you, as a product provider also have to send me the product I paid for, not something else. So I had to hold of my bargain, but Dillard's didn't. And the person wasn't helpful at all, didn't even offer a discount since I was stuck with them, nor was being nice over the phone.

I am sure that they don't care, that's why that guy was acting like that on the phone. The corporate mentality was screaming through the phone, and the careless for the customers they live and mooch off. They basically stole my $80 and never gave back, nor willing to compensate in any way. They lost one good customer but I am sure they couldn't care less about that either.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I go to Dillards in MacArthur Mall Norfolk Virginia. Last few times I was made to feel very uncomfortable. The first sales lady in the formal section was irritated because I ask her to check the price of a dress. Then I went to section that sell Eileen Fisher. She act irritated because I was writing a check. She even made the statement that people doesn't use checks anymore. I feel that it is not her business how I pay for my purchase. They really need some more customer service training. The number in order number box is the receipt number.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I will NEVER Buy from Dillards again! I received my order of 7 polo shirts. I received shirts that were TOO BIG and I used the sizing chart, 4 were faded and looked NOTHING like the pictures. I was told the pictures they put online are from the vendor and the colors on the site are usually off, had I known that I would not have purchased them. I received 7 too big, 4 faded with,1 with a string hanging from the Polo sign and was told there is NOTHING that could be done by Jeff at corporate and Araceli manager of Dillards Direct. I was then told to send pictures of my items to Araceli. Sent the pictures and a week later no reply. I called and was told the pictures would be sent to Jeff. Then I was told to send the items back to the warehouse for inspection and I have to pay shipping! I will NEVER shop at Dillards and will make sure to let EVERYONE know about this experience.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I am a new customer to ordering at Dillards online. However, I will never order online with this firm again. I ordered three articles of clothing of which I had to return two due to needing a smaller size. This firm does not have shipping returns labels for you to send back their clothing. Therefore, I had to send back the clothing at cost. And upon receipt of the merchandise I am now being informed that I must pay for the exchanged items to be shipped to me. Just to ensure everyone reading this message understands I have paid 50% in shipping cost to the cost of the items exchanged and could not return on of the two items due to no returns are permitted, only a size exchange is permitted.

When I asked why I could not return one of the two items which clearly I did not like upon receiving it did not look like the picture online, the customer service person reported they want to get rid of the inventory in stock. What a fortunate insult for me to have a dress that I do not really want but must keep and now pay to have this dress shipped to me. I have transitioned to purchasing merchandise online for the past three years and many companies have shipping/returns policies that far surpass this company's policies and they're not a big box retailers. I will never order online from you. Please note that I spend at least $1,000 a month on online orders and your firm will never see any of the proceeds from my transactions.

Original review: July 12, 2017

For many years I have shopped at Dillards because I am in my 60's and my Mother who was 82 in 2010, taught me about the best clothing stores because she shopped there when she taught small children for over 44 years in public schools. Back then, very few Mothers had jobs or had to work outside of the home or even held degrees. I love their leather purses and shoes. I just bought two pairs of shoes yesterday. Dillard's is the best store in Wichita Falls. Texas and in Bee Cave, Texas at the Galleria no matter what anyone says.

Original review: June 23, 2017

My wife purchased a Louis Vuitton handbag at the Woodlands, Texas Dillard's store. She has shopped here for many years. She speaks and understands limited English as she is a resident in South America and has a vacation home in The Woodlands. When she got home her daughter noticed that the handbag was clearly defective, i.e. it would not stand by itself, and if you put anything into it it would topple over. I told her she should return it and I accompanied her to the store to help her as I speak fluent English. Much to my surprise the salesperson told me that there was no returns and pointed to a sign in the store which said VINTAGE HANDBAGS ALL SALES ARE FINAL.

My wife of course not speaking the language had not seen much less understood the sign and thought she was purchasing a new handbag. Called the store manager who gave us the same answer and further advised that this was a preowned and used handbag, which only made matters worse. We repeatedly told her that the saleslady had not even attempted to make my wife understand the fact that this was a used handbag, in a program which we were told just started three months ago. Have looked up the definition of VINTAGE and the word pertains to wine age and even the dictionary says the word has been abused in other contexts. Finally I got fed up and decided to leave and my wife handed over the bag to the clerk and told her to keep it, she did not want it.

We started walking out of the store and the saleslady practically followed me halfway to the door and asked me courteously to please hang on to the bag and come back the next day to speak to Mr. Tai ** store manager, who had the authority to make a decision. Went back the next day to customer service and asked for the gentleman and he was paged and called in and was told I was there and wanted to see him. He asked the lady in customer service to ask me what it was about and I went through the long process of explaining the whole situation to her. She briefly advised the store manager and after some two or three minutes of conversation with her she hung up and simply told me again the same story.

I asked if at least could pick out a different handbag or get store credit but everything I asked came back as a flat NO. I am frustrated that this gentleman did not even have the decency to show himself and explain personally. My wife and I have been good customers of Dillard's for 15+ years, you can understand my frustration... By the way VINTAGE definitely does not mean or imply DEFECTIVE.

Original review: March 29, 2017

If you take out a Dillard's charge card you may eventually find yourself in consumer hell. Service can be OK for a while but forget your password or change something and you are unlikely to be able to use the card again. I spent hours trying to get this fixed without success. You can call but instead of help you are curtly referred back to the nonworking internet site. I finally gave up and tossed my card in the bonfire.

Original review: March 23, 2017

Here are the two order numbers: first order # ** and the second # **. I returned back two dresses to Dillard's that I bought online to their Arizona warehouse on March 13th with the FedEx label they provided to me. The return arrived at their Arizona warehouse on March 20, 2017 at 6:00 A.M. Three days later, I checked my credit card’s account but there was no refund. When I called their customer service line to find out why they have not refunded me the full payments. I was told it takes three to seven business days to process the refunds. Up till this date I have yet to receive a credit on my credit card account. THIS IS NOT A GOOD customer service on their part. This is poor as customers expect to receive a refund promptly when returning items. I will not order anything from Dillard's again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I love shopping at Dillard's and have always enjoyed their quality merchandise. However, I am very dissatisfied with the way they handled a canceled transaction. They ran my card to pay for some items I purchased and the transaction supposedly didn't go through because they said the ZIP code was not correct. So they ran it through again and it worked the 2nd time. However, the first transaction that they canceled is still pending on my account and they have not released the funds as of yet.

This is not the first time this has happened, the last time they held my funds for about 7 business days before the pending charges were finally released. So I called their Customer Service Department to see if they could release the hold and was told it normally takes 3-5 business days, and that there was nothing they could do about it. The manager at the store location told me the same thing. I told them I was not returning any merchandise, which does sometimes take a few days to be credited back to a card. My situation was that the transaction supposedly didn't even go through and was declined because of the ZIP code, but yet the $$ is still pending as if it were a valid charge. So now I have to wait until they decide to release the hold on my $$. I know I have the option of paying cash, or with a credit card, but I should be able to use my debit card if that is my preferred method of payment. As much as I enjoy shopping at Dillard's I'm not sure I want to continue to do so.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

I sent back 2 dresses to Dillards online in Arizona on January 25th. One has not even arrived back to them as yet using their FedEX label they provided to me. The other dress has been back to them since January 28th and I have yet to receive a credit on my credit card account. THIS IS POOR Customer service on their part. When I called they said they closed down the warehouse to do inventory. This is poor as people expect to receive a refund promptly when returning items.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Bought a pair of Ugg's at Dillard's via online. Ordered the following: UGG Kona Elastic Toggle Leather Boots Item #04531627. To my disappointment the product received looked nothing like the Ugg Boot advertised. The wool lining on the picture looks thick and comfy. I was expecting it to be just like the ones I had previously purchased. Because I purchased them on sale, I am now unable to return them. The reason why I bought them, was because they look just like the one I had purchased in 2010. I was duped!!! Arghhhh.

I am attaching a picture of my 2010 Ugg's in comparison to the one I just purchased. You can see the huge difference. What a scam. Take a look at the picture that is advertised on the Dillard's website and you will see for yourself that the boot look like it is fully lined with wool. When I buy a product, I want to pay for what is advertised, whether on sale or full price. Completely DECEPTIVE on how the pictures looks from the product you receive. Ugg's and Dillard's are completely aware of the product that they are selling to consumer. Will never buy Ugg's again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2017

Dillards is a extremely fine shopping experience. I find their employees and service at the A+ level every time I shop in their stores, whether it is in Las Vegas, Scottsdale or California. The high quality of retail goods is wonderful and reminds us of how the traditional department stores were laid out, very organized and with beautiful, quality clothes. I have shopped Dillards for years, and always go there first for everything. Our family always has had a wonderful, friendly visit each time and I wish to thank Dillards for hiring such lovely employees.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

Bought a MK Hamilton Satchel online and was thinking I got a good deal on it. The website at the time advertised an extra discount of up to 40% on already discounted items. This item was in the list and if I remember it correctly, on the second page of the list was where this was. I hurried and purchased it because I thought it's a really good deal and didn't want it to run out of stock! Now looking back into my credit card statement, I just realized that I didn't get the extra 40% off discount. I emailed customer service about it and she just told me that there's nothing they can do about it.

Now, today, (01/13/17), I called them and explained what happened and the reps were all VERY RUDE and was raising their voices on me, EVEN the supervisor! Saying that there's nothing they can do about it. And told me that I can just return the item if I didn't want it. Of course I want it! I just needed them to honor the sale advertised on the website! Now I wish I took a screenshot of it! Now when I asked her what I need to do to return it and if I get a full refund including the shipping, she told me they don't refund the shipping! I told her I would really like to get it back because it was false advertisement on their part that got me to making the purchase and getting me in this trouble I'm in now. And then few moments later after putting me on hold so many times, she came back and told me that they'll refund the shipping also but that I'd still be responsible for shipping the item back.

I was just shaking my head in disbelief that this company and these people I spoke with are so VERY incompetent and VERY rude! I even told her a lot of other online stores have free shipping even if you buy only $25 worth of items and free returns! That's not it, after our conversation, they emailed with the mailing address I asked for and said "please return the boots to the warehouse". This is after I spoke with them for 33 minutes! Again, shaking my head! This isn't the only problem I have. I went to the store on the 1st of this month to find a good deal since they're having a sale. I bought these shoes that was supposed to be discounted and that was supposed to have another 40% off discount after it. When I got home, I realized I didn't even get the discounted price on it that was supposed to have been only $53.99. They charged me full price on it!

This, to me isn't as big of a problem because I can just go to the store and not have to pay for the shipping. But with everything Dillard's has put me through with my shopping experience, I don't know if I'll ever buy from them again even if I have a credit card from them. The shoes was partly my fault for not checking the receipt firsthand. But it was very packed that day and the sale was what everybody was there for! People stood in line for hours before they opened!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Informed Dillards credit card services I had been laid off right before Christmas and receive a response that was very cold. I will no longer shop at any Dillards and will advise all friends and family to do same. Discover card actually gave me a $100 gift card to ease the difficulty of the holiday season. Please consider a Discover card if you ever find yourself wanting to get a Dillards credit card. The rewards are almost non existent. Discover gives me a reward I can use to pay my bill!!! Dillards could learn a lot from Discover. I've cancelled my Dillards and will never get a card associated with Dillards or Wells Fargo and I will never shop there again. With these kind of customer service standards I expect Dillards to be bankrupt in 10 years at the most. I will be a lifelong Discover card member.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I ordered a dress that cost $520.00 dollars and not only did they charge me $11.95, they charge for returning and insist that you buy insurance too. I had a computer freeze up that made me order the wrong size accidentally and I literally realized it as I pressed the order button. There was no recourse on their site to change or cancel it and when I called they were not answering even though it was within their stated hours of business. When I finally got a hold of them first thing the next morning I was told there was nothing they could do and that the order was placed and sent to the warehouse. I am livid that they had such outdated and mismanaged policies and that their customer service was absolutely awful.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I recently visited Dillards in Slidell LA Fremaux - to be precise on 11/26/16 around 4 pm. I love to find a good sale any day regardless of the not so great service at this specific store. I stopped by the ladies footwear area, as usual you can feel the "staring" as if they are trying to guess out, by your appearance, whether I will be spending $$$ or not, and well, I had just been to the gym so my sloppy gym look probably didn't impress them much, not a "welcome to Dillards" sound at all although there were at least 6 associates roaming around the floor, only one very sweet (must be new) associate approached me.

BUT THE WORST WAS ABOUT TO HAPPEN: To MY surprise one associate very disrespectful reached out from behind me and pulled on my PURSE which was hanging on my shoulder. I felt the pull! I was in shock to say the least! When she abruptly says (while pulling my purse) "That's my purse! You got my purse!" Thankfully I am a very mild mannered lady, and I softly pulled away simply said "what are you doing?" Another person would've probably reacted much worst to think someone might want to pick it or else.

My question is why on earth would the associate invade my personal space and dare to touch my belongings? I felt violated, exposed, harassed, embarrassed and very uncomfortable, she asked me "where did you get it!? That is my purse", I beat myself up for not replying: Did you buy it or pay for it?! Well it's NOT yours! Show some manners! But I didn't, and perhaps it was best not to lower myself to her level. Yet I spoke with an attorney friend of mine and she suggested I leave a review, hopefully this behavior will never repeat with any customer. Just beware of disrespectful associates - lady shoes area only - men's clothing shoes and beauty products associates have been very courteous.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I ordered a pair of shoes on Dillard's website on Friday. This morning (Monday) I received an email that my order had been cancelled because it's Dillard's policy to only accept credit cards issued in the US. I often shop international and I always read company policies before placing any orders. According to their policy on their website they accept Visa credit cards which is what mine is. NOWHERE do they say anything about not accepting international credit cards. Instead there's a whole section on international orders and shipping so it really didn't make sense to me.

When I call the customer care line they can't give me clarity on this situation. If it's their policy not to accept foreign credit cards then surely it should say so at checkout or the order should at least bounce. They took my money, $272.37 to be precise. When I ask when the money will be back in my card they say I must go to my bank and find out. Is it my bank's fault or their lousy system? I am extremely disappointed and angry! I have never experienced such shopping on international websites.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2016

Two years in a row... I order online at Dillard's Elizabeth Arden purchase. I waited for the sale and free gift. For two years in a row I have ordered the same items. Dillard's adds my free item to my cart and I complete my purchase. I am given my order confirmation by email and then sent a cancellation email stating they have removed my free items as I do not qualify. They have two years in a row, charged my card and then changed their mind. This is a fraud practice that has been allowed to go on. Who in the federal government is allowing this. When I asked to speak to a manager; Ariel spoke to me and confirmed that this was Dillard's rule.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

I purchased a dress in the Jackson, MS store. It was shipped and arrived damaged. I returned it with no problem. Ordered the same dress and it arrived damaged. I called the District Manager's office. Heather in her office went out of her way to help find this dress in the Nashville store. Danielle from the store called and was very helpful in handling the proper way to ship a dress. I am appreciative of their professional and prompt handling of my issue. Thanks ladies!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Purchased dress for my daughter for homecoming. 10 percent was taken off for broken waist belt. Upon arriving home dress looks as if 5 year olds cut into it. I reached out to Dillards who told me to bring dress back but dance was in 3 hours. I had seamstress fix what she could. I'd like more than 10 percent off.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

My very first shopping experience at the new Dillard's located in Slidell, LA at the Fremeaux mall was horrible. A male sales associate basically followed me all the way to the check out line. HMMMM... I was being watched and couldn't figure out what was his purpose. My second experience was last night shopping for my son's homecoming attire. A woman sales associate offered her assistance which was fine, she stayed glued to our sides the entire time. HMMMM... My son needed a navy tie and the boys department did not have one so we decided to go to the Men's department and the sales associated basically told me I needed to check out the items I wanted to purchase before I could bring the shirt to the men's department. So now I get it... She actually thought I was a theft.

I was offended. I am many things but a theft is not one of them. Then I figured out that was the problem when the man followed me. Now, I'm furious and just want to send a message to the security department. Common sense tells me if I wanted to steal anything and get away with it the best thing to do is BLEND in. So I would have dressed all fancy and wore a bunch of Jewelry instead I go in there like most working class Americans and wear blue jeans and a blouse. So maybe you would actually cut down on your theft rate if you would focus on appearances are very deceptive. STOP targeting your average American.

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Dillards Company Information

www.dillards.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use