1.12/5

218 Dillards Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2019

Dillard’s Firewheel Mall - Just had the worst experience. My wife purchased 300 dollars in gift cards for my birthday here because she knows I shop there so much. Upon checkout they couldn’t ring me up because I didn’t have a PIN number??? I had my electronic bar code and everything. I called customer service who asked me to print my gift card. I didn’t bring a printer in store. I was sent to customer service for help and that’s where everything fell apart. A manager was called to help and all she kept saying was for me to call customer service. I asked for the manager because I had already done that. She insisted I call customer service again. The customer service rep tried helping again but we ran into a wall again.

I asked for the manager yet again. I waited patiently and finally she showed. Her name was Ashlin **. She walked up rolling her eyes in disgust when she saw us to which I just let go. Finally I figure it out so we were heading back to check out. At the checkout, there were 2 pairs of pants I believed were on sale. We walked to the rack together and she let me know it wasn’t all Roundtree and Yorke pants that were on sale, just the one rack. No problem, it wasn’t a big deal. As we walk back to checkout we noticed my 6 year old daughter was hiding under a table. She commented “you can’t even leave them alone for 2 minutes”. At that point I felt I was trying way too hard to shop somewhere I wasn’t welcome.

Over the years I’ve bought furniture, clothing, purses for my wife, jewelry, countless shoes and apparel for our family of 7, bedroom suits, etc... I will not walk through another Dillard’s again. If this was from a regular employee I could get over it. The fact that someone from above decided that’s a manager told me enough to know to stay out. I work in customer service. I don’t give bad reviews even when they are warranted. This is my first bad review I’ve ever written. It’s so deserved. I’m so disappointed in what has been my favorite department store for over 25 years. I now see why people shop online.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Item ordered less than 24 hrs was reduced in price significantly. Dillards offers no adjustments or credits! Item on sale so cannot return then re buy at reduced price. Not a good policy for such a reputable store!

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had bought a white dress from Dillards.. However, the buttons on the dress started to get loose the next day.. I went to the store to return it and they said they cannot accept it.. It's just their policy. I'm very dissatisfied with the experience after spending like 200 plus dollars.. Never going back to store again. Would love to do more online shopping now.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchased a men’s dress shirt for my husband and somehow ordered the wrong one... Used PayPal payment option as I usually do when available for online purchases. Did not notice that Dillards DOES NOT refund returns back through PayPal. They mail you a gift card. I called customer service and was informed that is the store policy - no exceptions. I even asked if the gift card could be cancelled and a check be mailed to me...NO CAN DO. This creates a problem for me because the closest Dillards store near me is two hours away...that's why I purchased it online.

I received the item very quickly and returned it just as quickly only to find out that I will lose $50+ which I cannot afford to lose. I used to purchase items from Dillards when I lived near one... Actually spent A LOT of money buying furniture from there, however, as a result of this incident, will not purchase another item from them in the future. Sometimes you just have to draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I visited my niece in ATL and we went to Dillard's and I found some jeans that fit and purchased a pair at the store. After getting home to MN I ordered a few pairs online to try. After trying them on 3 pairs didn't fit. Too long. I tried them on once and returned them in the time frame with the tags and receipts. I only got credit for one pair. So I called today concerning the return and because there were a few dog hairs on the bottom of pants legs after trying them on (we have 2 dogs and a cat). The fabric on the jeans is the kind everything sticks to. They said they were worn (because of the couple dog hairs on the bottom legs) and are returning them to me.

I said the tags are still on them, how could I have worn them? I tried them, they didn't fit and returned them. Oh my god. Excuse me for having animal hair on floors at times!! After I receive them I need to use a roller to get the hair off and then I can return them. Oh my goodness, I will never purchase anything again from Dillards in atlanta when I visit or order online. My first experience shopping with them at the store. Online was a very bad one. Ridiculous???? I have worked in retail for over 40 years and I know how to treat customers and it's not like this!! Susan **. Welch, MN.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: March 9, 2019

Dillard’s store restroom at Cincinnati Ohio Kenwood mall is so dirty, furniture are in rest area so filthy, it’s so disgusting even to look at it. This company makes millions dollars but can’t even keep their business clean. I wish could post image here.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a 150.00 dress. After wearing once the beads attached to the dress fell off! And were hanging by a thread. The manager did not want to return it due to I wore it, however I did not pay 150.00 to wear a dress once. They were very rude and I will NEVER purchase anything from Dillard’s again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchased an imitation pearl necklace from Dillards to wear that evening. When I went to put it on it broke. I managed to make it work, but then when I got home to take it off, it broke again in another spot. Dillards used to have quality products, and would never sell something cheaply made like this. I’m very disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When I came in the fine establishment to purchase pants, I noticed that I was being followed by a member of the polo department. I clearly didn’t need any help looking for pants and being followed didn’t want to make me buy more...comfortably. The woman that followed me was a short old ** woman who judged me off my ** even though I’m two shades from being **. Crazy thing about it is I wanted to buy plenty more pants.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a Coach purse for my daughter on 12/28/2018 and she eventually admitted to me that she didn't like it. I returned it on 1/22/19 and they would not provide me with a refund. The purse had the pop tag, I had the receipt and the original credit card that I used, but the clerk insisted that I only had two weeks to make a return for a full refund. I asked where that was written and she flatly said, "That's the policy." Nobody told me that and there was no notice or sign that would inform me. That was a $325 purchase and I am not happy. I will never do business with Dillards ever again!

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs