1.14/5

214 Dillards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

I visited my niece in ATL and we went to Dillard's and I found some jeans that fit and purchased a pair at the store. After getting home to MN I ordered a few pairs online to try. After trying them on 3 pairs didn't fit. Too long. I tried them on once and returned them in the time frame with the tags and receipts. I only got credit for one pair. So I called today concerning the return and because there were a few dog hairs on the bottom of pants legs after trying them on (we have 2 dogs and a cat). The fabric on the jeans is the kind everything sticks to. They said they were worn (because of the couple dog hairs on the bottom legs) and are returning them to me.

I said the tags are still on them, how could I have worn them? I tried them, they didn't fit and returned them. Oh my god. Excuse me for having animal hair on floors at times!! After I receive them I need to use a roller to get the hair off and then I can return them. Oh my goodness, I will never purchase anything again from Dillards in atlanta when I visit or order online. My first experience shopping with them at the store. Online was a very bad one. Ridiculous???? I have worked in retail for over 40 years and I know how to treat customers and it's not like this!! Susan **. Welch, MN.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Dillard’s store restroom at Cincinnati Ohio Kenwood mall is so dirty, furniture are in rest area so filthy, it’s so disgusting even to look at it. This company makes millions dollars but can’t even keep their business clean. I wish could post image here.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a 150.00 dress. After wearing once the beads attached to the dress fell off! And were hanging by a thread. The manager did not want to return it due to I wore it, however I did not pay 150.00 to wear a dress once. They were very rude and I will NEVER purchase anything from Dillard’s again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I purchased an imitation pearl necklace from Dillards to wear that evening. When I went to put it on it broke. I managed to make it work, but then when I got home to take it off, it broke again in another spot. Dillards used to have quality products, and would never sell something cheaply made like this. I’m very disappointed!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

When I came in the fine establishment to purchase pants, I noticed that I was being followed by a member of the polo department. I clearly didn’t need any help looking for pants and being followed didn’t want to make me buy more...comfortably. The woman that followed me was a short old ** woman who judged me off my ** even though I’m two shades from being **. Crazy thing about it is I wanted to buy plenty more pants.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I purchased a Coach purse for my daughter on 12/28/2018 and she eventually admitted to me that she didn't like it. I returned it on 1/22/19 and they would not provide me with a refund. The purse had the pop tag, I had the receipt and the original credit card that I used, but the clerk insisted that I only had two weeks to make a return for a full refund. I asked where that was written and she flatly said, "That's the policy." Nobody told me that and there was no notice or sign that would inform me. That was a $325 purchase and I am not happy. I will never do business with Dillards ever again!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I was in Dillard's on New Year's Day and was looking at purchasing a Patricia Nash pocketbook which was on the 40% rack and an additional 50% off, upon going to purchase it, after I found someone, they said it was not on sale, however, had they bothered to look they would have seen quite a few of the same bag on the rack, I spoke to the manager, after waiting a lengthy time to find her, all she said was not on sale, do you want it or not, her nasty attitude and body language had me put it down and walk out.

Still so irritated I called the corporate office and reached out to the CEO of Dillard's in Arkansas. His assistant Karen told me she could not do anything until I called the District manager, Gene **, well I did as I was told, and did not hear back, called her today, she was quite curt and said she would send an email to Mr. ** and also his assistant, well, I still have not heard anything back. Yes Dillard's has some items, that other stores do not have but I will not shop there ever again, they have no customer service skills and need to be better trained, however, since I did not have a good reception from the CEO's office what could I expect. What should have been asked is what can we do to satisfy you, but they don't seem to care about my business.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I received an email yesterday that my online order was ready at Fashion Place Mall in Salt Lake. I checked store hours for New Year’s Day and went to pick up my order, only to be told to come back tomorrow because they were too busy with returns & didn’t have time to give me my order that I paid for two days ago. Every time I shop at Dillard’s I remember why I haven’t shopped there for a while. Then I head over to Nordstrom!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I just called and have a horrible experience with their service. I spoke with Monica and Elaine. I tried to purchase boots at the sale price last night but the sale price in the cart was not matching the price on the page. It was midnight and they state they were open but were not. I even had screenshots of the issue. They were not able or willing to give me the boots at the price advertised yesterday. I am very upset at the quality of customer service. I hope they are able to do better in the future or I cannot imagine Dillards being a successful company much longer with the lack of care given to its customers and inability to make a sale. I will now go purchase those boots elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

17:30 pm I walked up to James Avery store in Dillards. There were maybe 4 people standing in front of me looking in glass case. A sales associate named Elizabeth walks close to glass case and said yes and looked at me, I asked is this the line, Elizabeth replies no. I then walk up and give her my James Avery bag with everything I was returning exactly how the James Avery in Dillards in humble gave me. I stated receipt is in bag as well. Elizabeth opens the box, take the charm out, look in bag. Elizabeth looks up to me as Elizabeth looks at receipt and say, "Well you don't have the yellow sticker. Where is it." I then state, "I'm not sure what yellow sticker but I have not taken anything out the box or bag. I brought it to you guys with receipt how it was given to me."

She then gives me a dirty look. I said, "I'm not sure what the yellow tag looks like," and Elizabeth says, "Without that tag on here I have to see if you can even return this." I said, "Well I was told when I purchased this as long as I had the receipt I could return it." Elizabeth says, "I have to call my manager and ask her." I said, "Why is that if the receipt is here and it has not been over 60 days and everything is in there as purchased except a yellow tag?" Elizabeth then grabs a clear bag with a yellow tag and raises her voice and says, "This yellow tag you see," while shaking the bag in the air and a very firm, demeaning negative tone.

I have never been talked to that way when I'm a loyal customer and I was completely respectful to her the entire time. This is something I don't allow my staff to do. That's a automatic termination because my company I manage has had a lawsuit before unfortunately because of this exact reason. This so-called subtle racism is unacceptable. I will never buy from Dillards again or James Avery. I'm sorry for James Avery because they are a great company but the partnership with Dillards. This I will not sweep under the rug. I then talked to Elizabeth manager Donyae who then looked through bag and opened box looked up at me and said, "Yes where is that yellow tag." I tell her the same thing I told Elizabeth. Everything that is in there is exactly how It is when I purchased it. Calmly I look while Donyae looks again.

She takes stuffing paper out top of bag, takes out box, look in bag, then opens box, put the top down, look under charm red bag, as she is doing so I say, "Are you guys referring to this yellow tag right here in lid of box." She says, "Oh yeah there it is," and does the transaction to return. When she is done and give me the receipt I then say, "Next time a little tip you may want to tell your employee not to accuse customers and have a demeaning attitude and body language all because she didn't look properly." Donyae did not acknowledge what I said. I then asked for her name and Elizabeth name. Donyae says, "Oh you was not happy?" I walked away. There was so many problems with this whole situation but most of all neither said, "I apologize," "I didn't look," or, "I'm sorry for my attitude and demeanor."

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs