2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.8/5 (140 ratings)

About Dillards

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: May 19, 2021

Where we live, Dillard's and Macy's were the big competitors. For me, there's no comparison. I miss Dillard's and refuse to shop at Macy's. Dillard's had many long-term employees. They were always friendly and helpful. The customer service was excellent and the store was always neat and clean. They were a little pricey, but had good quality and a fantastic selection. I usually could find what I was looking for, and if it was on sale, then it was really affordable.

Original review: May 7, 2021

Convenient location in the mall. Nice and clean most of the time. Customer service is great. Had to return some shoes that hurt my feet something awful. The clerk in the shoe department was great. I try to go the military appreciation event to catch the sales.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2021

Easy online ordering and great customer service attention when calling with any issues. They really care about their customers. Also quality items with great sales and perks keep bringing me back to shop.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I shop online at Dillard's a lot because I appreciate how easy it is to find what I am looking for. Also, the pictures of the merchandise are brilliantly colored and very precise; especially when searching for clothing... You can see the front and back. Dillards has very good sales on high quality items. Finally, shipping is timely and in great condition, and the return policy is generous. If you are looking for high fashion in women's clothing, this is a reasonable place to go.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Went shopping at Dillard’s and was so surprised to see a large plus size women’s department. Their choice of brands was excellent and I spent more than I thought I would have. Overall my experience was great!

Original review: May 25, 2021

The store manager of countryside clearwater mall Dillards store Christina refuse to make a refund or even exchange for a defective dress (with bad billet and ineffective zipper) and when I told her this not unacceptable practice she ask the security guard to kick me out of the store. Unbelievable malpractice!!

Original review: May 17, 2021

I ordered a non returnable dress online a while ago. I understand it was non returnable under normal condition, and I never intended to return it, but the dress was defective and when I tried to return it in the store the manager said she cannot do anything about it and I can take the dress to a retail store and pay someone to fix it. Unbelievable!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

!!!Buyer Beware, I placed a order on Dec. 18th 2020. This order never made it to my front door. $364.15. This store did not give a refund or even try to investigate the driver? The customer service is "**, Rude" just mean. That was my first order and my last, as of this date I am out of $364.15.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

In September someone purchased over $14,000 on my Dillards card at the store located in the Parks Mall in Arlington Texas. All of the charges happened between September 30th through the middle of October. I found out about the fraud through Credit Karma. Wells Fargo was not aware until I contacted them. Dillards then closed my account due to non-payment. This was ludicrous because there wasn’t even a payment due. They closed the account versus freezing the account and told me I had to reapply. This was an inside job because as we reviewed the receipts two cashiers made - the sale sometimes as many as 30 in one day. I have been a loyal customer for almost 40 years, However after the way I’ve even treated I'm going to have to part company with this store. If you have a Dillards account I suggest you watch it very closely because they have some employees that are dishonest.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

I ordered two Christmas ornaments and due to the amount of purchase no shipping charge. I received one ornament and received an email the other one had canceled. I called customer service to inquire why it had canceled..Was customer 58! In line on the phone..Waited one hour for someone to answer and was told they did not have the ornament..All other stores would not let you place an order if they do not have it in stock...When I inquired about the shipping I was told they would charge me since I was now under the amount...NOT MY FAULT!!! Would have been better customer service if they would have waived the fee...They must be in trouble financially...Do not waste your time with Dillards...Macy’s is the better store!!

Dillards author review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team