2.8/5 (538 ratings)

About Dillards

Dillards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Dillard's custormer service is the worst! Kay Unger dress size 12 from Nordstrom is a perfect fit. From Dillard's the waist will fit, the bust won't. And for the price they sell them, the least they can do is accept a return or an exchange! Unless you are walking into a Dillard's store to try something on and get a good fit, don't waste your money!!! I had the same experience buying other designers 4 years ago from them. I think I forgot about how bad it was as time went on. Thought I should warn others from suffering through such a waste. A very disappointed customer!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I recently purchased an item through the online store using my Dillards gift card I got for Christmas. When I received the item, it was too small around the chest and arms, so I decided to get a smaller size. The return label stated I would pay a few for return, which is annoying, but I get it (even though most other online stores don't make their customers pay for return shipping). However, In order to exchange a size that doesn't fit, I now have to pay an extra $25 just to exchange a size... Terrible experience as a customer. This is why I don't buy from Dillards, but I had to because of the gift card. Highly recommend looking elsewhere for your clothing needs. They are too expensive for the quality anyway.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I found a pair of shoes at Dillards Firewheel in Texas. They were on sale 40% off; however didn’t have my size. Person behind counter said she couldn’t help me with online so I did it myself. They weren’t on sale so I called Dillards and they said they would not honor the price at the store for online items. Told me each store has a choice to mark down something. Guess Dillards needed my $40.00 savings more than me their customer. Between the store and online experience, they lost a loy customer. Never going back.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I purchased a jacket that sat in my closet until it got cold a few weeks after I purchased it. Upon putting it on I noticed it was too small. When I went to exchange they would not take it back because the tags had been removed even though I still had the tags. They would not take it back but if I would’ve purchased this item online and they shipped it to me I could’ve shipped it back And got a refund. Double standards. It’s ridiculous that nowadays when you go into a brick and mortar store but they can’t take care of their customers at least as well as they do on the e-commerce site.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Me and my 2 adult daughters (special needs) were on vacation and went into Dillards in the Layton Hills Mall. We wanted to be fitted for a good bra. Well, we were helped by the most wonderful and patience customer service rep in the department. Cilem ** was the sweetest and most knowledgeable person I have ever met in a Lingerie Department in any stores, and trust me at my age I have been fitted for bras a few times. Cilem was so sweet with my daughters and made them feel special. I would hire her to work in my business not matter what business it is. There needs to be more customer service representatives like Cilem in ALL companies. Thank you Cilem

Jean **, Misty **, Adrena **

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Horrible customer service in every single department. I will never shop there again. Thank gosh for Nordstrom. Honestly, I don't know how they are still in business. I hope they go under! They treat you horribly if you want to make a return. The credit card lowers your limit if you don't use your card regularly which affects your credit. Just don't do it!

Original review: April 28, 2022

I purchased a Michael Kors large Mina Handbag and received it on April 25, 22 at a price of $298. However, today, Thursday April 28, 22, the bag is $224. Inquired about a price adjustment and was told you can only get a price adjustment one day after purchase. I have never heard such. I have dealt with many retailers, Macy, Saks Fifth, etc. but ever have encountered situation such as this. Please do your research in pricing before purchasing from Dillard's because they have worst customer service. It's not the adjustment was a few dollars. It is $74 difference which is substantial.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I ordered a Penelton jacket thru Dillards for a Christmas gift for my husband. After only 11 wears the zipper gave out when he sat down. This jacket was one that he did not wear regularly and was more of a special occasions jacket so the wear and tear on it was nothing. I went ahead and called Penelton first to see if they would do an exchange on the jacket since it was well past the 30 days for a return thru dillards at this point. Penelton said they could exchange it for another one for the original purchasing person (Dillards) but would not exchange it for us since we were the third party in the transaction. When I contacted Dillards of this information they said they would not take it back even though they would not be out anything. This to me is Extremely poor customer service. If they would have helped us do the exchange, I would continue to be a dillards customer but apparently, they don't care to keep current customers happy.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

I recently purchased a cocktail dress online at Dillards and it was the wrong size. Since it took a while for my purchase to arrive, I decided to purchase the dress again in the right size and return the wrong size separately. It took almost a month for my return to be completed and they also charged me an almost 10 dollar return fee. I called them to see if I could get that waived since I actually purchased the dress in the right size. They told me they were unable to do that for me. With all the online shopping competition out there, I find this policy unbelievable. I am a big online shopper and will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I found out today, after going to Dillards, that I did not receive my new credit card after a 4/21 expiration. The checkout person was able to look up my account and accommodate me. 5 stars to her!!! I then came home and needed to purchase one item online from the sale that was not in stock at the store. NO ONE FROM CREDIT CARD SERVICES could accommodate me with my Dillards credit card purchase. I didn't care what credit card I used, I just wanted to get my Dillards points. Seems pretty simple to me!! All representatives I spoke with were very nice...nothing to do with them. It's just the principle of the matter!! I would like my Dillards points!

Dillards author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

Dillards Company Information