1.32/5
Based on 159 reviews that contain star ratings

195 Dillards Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I was on the phone for half an hour just to get the answer "I don't have time." I purchased a dress at one city's store (they only had one size and since I really loved the dress I just decided to get it). After getting home, I thought that maybe a neighboring city's store might have it, so I called them. I got their customer service to transferred me to the Michael Kors department. After waiting a couple minutes, the lady came back on the phone and said that she accidentally send me to the wrong department and then proceeded to send me to the dress department who did not answer. She then gave me the number of the overhead Dillard's customer service where a man who seemed to have no patience at all picked up and then sent me to a Dillard's in the wrong city.

I then recalled the original store who then transferred me to the dress department where a lady picked up and asked what I wanted. I politely asked if she could check to see if they had the dress. She just said, "I have no time." She didn't see if there was someone around to help or ask for a number to call back. That was it. No help and no answer after all that time. I doubt I will ever shop at Dillard's again just because of the multiple rude employees.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I never shop at Dillard’s and the one time I did, I regretted it. After my boyfriend and I had selected the items we were going to purchase, we glanced around to the nearest register and saw some customers finishing up their transaction with the employee in the women’s shoes department, so we went to stand behind them with our merchandise. As soon as the employee was done ringing them up, without any acknowledgment to us, he disappeared into the stockroom. We stood there for a few minutes and he finally came back out with a box of shoes.

I said something along the lines of, “Hi, can you help us?” To which he responded, “Are you purchasing shoes, oh you have clothes, I cannot ring up clothes.” I said, “That’s fine but you could have told us that instead of rudely ignoring us.” To which he responded, “I’m helping another customer.” To which I again responded, “You could have communicated that to us instead of just rudely walking away.” To which his response was, “I’m not the only one working in the store.” I could not believe the unprofessionalism and unwillingness to help. I never shopped here so they won’t be missing my money but they also missed an opportunity to acquire two new customers. I can’t wait until they go bankrupt. I’ll continue shopping online from the comforts of my home and not have to deal with any ** employees.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

I have shopped at Dillards diamonds since I was a kid. I shop a Lot after I get off work in my uniform. Most of the regular employees are gone, lots of new employees... A week ago I was shopping I stood in front of the employee and she wouldn't ever say hello or help me. I was unviable to her... I love Dillards, I live in Vegas, I shop at the fashion show mall. But to not help me cause of my ** or my uniform, they need to check their employees. This happens A lot... I spend so much money there. I need to invest in Dillards, then to be treated less than... Money is Money, so I have cut my shopping there A lot, I been going to the Summerlin Mall, which is so much more expensive, but the customer service is Awesome there. Guess I'm moving shopping to a new home. I look like less but I have a lot. My ** or clothing should not matter.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

This has been one of the most unpleasant shopping experiences ever. I bought some swimsuits for a trip to Miami and then one of them did not fit the same as when I tried it on at the store and I couldn’t wear it. When I finally found time to make it to the store to return the $140 swimsuit that I can’t even wear after I was back in town and not working, the salesperson tells me it’s “outside of the 30 day return policy” and there wasn’t anything she could do. I asked if I was just stuck with this item that I don’t want and can’t wear and she said, “Yep.” Showing some compassion and being on the customer’s side goes a long way.

A lot happens in 30 days and maybe some people don’t have time to go to the mall. The fact that they don’t even offer store credit so that a customer could be satisfied with items purchased from their store is mind blowing. To make matters worse, I opened and purchased this on a Dillards credit card... The money would be going back into spending at their store anyway. Not anymore. Worst customer service ever. God awful return policy.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I was looking at the handbags, and they thought I was stealing. The manager called security to watch me. I purchased five items, and the manager made sure that I agreed that there was five items. I will never shop there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Dillards has the WORST customer service and return policy. They will make ANY excuse not to accept a return but worst part is they accuse their customer of wrongdoing which is WRONG. The people who work there are RUDE and MEAN, not how you customers should be treated.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Purchase a dress for my mom, but she didn't like the style. Paid with a debit card. Took the dress back with the tags still intact and the original receipt, it was only purchase 6 days ago. My understanding was if you purchase a item with a debit card you have a choice to put back on debit or get cash refund. I ask for cash back and was told no. I do know that if you pay with a credit card that it should go back on the credit card. But paying with a debit card is just like paying cash. I am a faithful customer there, spend lots of money there and very seldom I have a return. But after today Dillards just lost a faithful customer.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The worst retailer! I purchased two pairs of pants and tried to return them two weeks later. They refused to take them back just because I removed the tags. I spend over $1000 a year at that store but no more. They will never see another penny from me. Their associates were so rude! When I tried to elevate the issue, they had the same rude person call me to tell me the same thing. Goodbye, Dillards!

Original review: July 10, 2018

I purchased an expensive pair of Eileen Fisher pants from Dillards with the intention of wearing them at a conference. When I received them, they did not fit. I was unable to package the item and ship for 2 weeks (still within their policy timeline for returns). Within a week following the return, I receive the garment back stating they were not in the same condition as when sold. The pants still had all tags and was packaged in the original plastic when returned. The store balled them up and shipped the item back to me, all wrinkled and clearly handled. I am a mature, professional businesswoman, and appalled at their decision and treatment. When I attempted to reach someone in customer service, my query was not responded to. Never purchase there again!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought a top online and it was final sale and when I received it, the top was too small on small and I called them in order to return it or exchange it, but the answer was, "This is final sale and you are not allowed to return it. But you can exchange it but unfortunately we don't have from it anymore. So sorry we can't do anything". So I asked him what can I do. He told me even to throw it away or gift it or resell it. What is this poor policy of this big name store, you need to respect your customers more than that. You need to RESPECT your customers.

Dillards expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

• Best for: Dillard’s carries adults’ and children’s shoes and is best for professionals, fashion lovers and hard-to-fit individuals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs