Dillards

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dillards?

Reviewed July 12, 2024

I ordered a side table, they told me it will be ready for pick up in 5 days. It was 2 weeks ago and when I arrived to pick it up it was open and scratched. Of course I am the one who called every week to check if it was here. They didn't call. Now I have to cancel it, order it again and wait another one or two weeks. I just hate when they lie to you. Worst service ever.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2024

My husband purchased a formal dress for the event we have? I was at work when he purchased and didn’t get a chance to try? On event day try to dress it was my size, but didn’t fit? So I have no choice to change another dress that I have at home? And came in to store to return. Dillards located in Virginia Beach VA. Inside Lynheaven mall. The Associate told me she will call the manager? Then the manger came in. She also mentioned she is not returning my product? She said, "I will call my manager" then she came in rude way, "I am not refund this"? She was telling me, "The tag is removed and looks like you wear it"? Trying to explain what is going on? She is not understanding my questions?

She throw this dress on me without a bag? And I asked her name and phone number? She told me Google phone number? She is not deserve to be a manager? The reason Dillards is out of business because of people like her? She is very nasty, rude. I will never go back to Dillards store. Keep telling people not to shop at this store.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I frequently buy online from Dillards without problems. I recently ordered a pink pantsuit made by Alex Marie that had a size 12 on the label. The jacket was a size 12, but the pants had a size 12. They were so big. I measured them and the measurements was of size 16. They refused to take the faulty pantsuit back. They said sorry no return, I will never buy from them Dillards again.

Verified purchase

Reviewed June 21, 2024

I made a in store purchased an expensive fragrance from Dillard’s several weeks ago and found I was allergic to something in it. I took it back to the store with the box and receipt and was told I couldn’t return it since I had opened it! That makes NO sense since! How was I to know I’d have an adverse reaction to the product. I’ve taken back makeup to department stores with no questions asked. This is poor very customer service. WILL NEVER SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN!! This is the main reason stores like this are losing customers to Amazon.

Dembi

I purchased 3 weeks ago dress from Dillard store same thing happened to me. They are very rude. No return

Reviewed May 18, 2024

Purchased item before traveling out of the country. Realized we didn’t need it so planned to return upon our return. Returned and due to 30 day return policy, can’t return. I expected at minimum, a 60-day policy for a retailer like Dillard’s. I don’t foresee many.

Reviewed April 20, 2024

DILLARDS ONLINE BUYERS BEWARE, if I could give lower than no stars I would…ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, when ordering Doona strollers online from Dillards. I live in Texas and ordered this as a baby shower gift for my daughter in Ohio. The stroller received from Dillards AR Distribution Center was a complete knockoff of the stroller, not a Doona at all. We have a picture of the box that was delivered from FedEx that even shows it’s not an Doona!! After numerous calls and emails we were basically told it was our issue and to take it up with Doona. This is not a situation of a return because I didn’t like the stroller, this is I DIDN’T GET WHAT I SPENT $650 for…the item sent was cheap and worse missing parts!!! It is clear that Dillards is at fault but they refuse to fix and show no remorse. Clearly the folks in customer service lack training and management avoids communication all together.

I will share my personal experience to help others avoid this heartbreak and I will NEVER shop at Dillards again. DOONA on the other hand was amazing - 5+ stars. I shared my story with them and they reached out immediately to apologize for this nightmare. While not their issue, they understand compassion and I appreciated the quick response. I have since ordered the stroller directly from Doona (yes I had to pay double to get the right product, no thanks to Dillards) and am very pleased with the product. Live and learn… I hope this saves someone making the same mistake I did.

Dembi

Very rude manager, she doesn’t deserve to be store manager.

Reviewed April 19, 2024

I asked for a few day extension due to a hospital stay. Dress is brand new with tags! Would not make an exception! Terrible customer service. Never ever again will I shop there. Staying with Nordstrom

Staff

Reviewed April 6, 2024

Purchased some Cole Haan wingtip upper with an almost tennis shoe sole. Was sponsor for a customer golf tournament. Purchased the night before the tournament. Wore them all day and was outside walking and riding around interacting with individuals from 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. The shoes added a touch of class yet were very comfortable. My lovely spouse says I am picky about my shoes, and she is correct. I want comfort and style. These are both. I also bought some casual Skechers slip-ons that I haven't worn yet, but expect they will be good also. The staff at the shoe department was friendly and helpful. Brought out a stack of shoes that I asked to try on and had good suggestions.

Reviewed March 18, 2024

I purchased two Shapeware and the store was almost closing so I took them home to Tryon with my dress to decide which one I liked better and had planned to return the other one. Apparently some of my body lotion got on the shape wear on the inside mind you that could happen in the dressing room as well. Therefore they would not let me return it even though the tags are on it and I didn’t wear it because I didn’t want that one and now I’m stuck with two one that doesn’t even fit me well. Lesson learned don’t buy any intimates at Dillards unless you try on there and make sure it’s what you want because if not you’re stuck with it and I guess that’s how they’ll make their money off of you either way.

Staff

Reviewed March 17, 2024

In the last two years I have gone from loving Dillard's and it being one of my favorite stores to shop in to bowling to never step foot in another one again. Which really sucks cause there's some stuff in there I really like. I live in Colorado and have been to the Broomfield store the Park Meadows store the Cherry Creek store and the Aurora store and every single one of them is the same song and dance. On one occasion in aurora co I've been taken into a room and made to strip down to the bare minimum in front of a police officer trying to find sunglasses that I did not have. Multiple times in Broomfield security follows me every Department I go into, I voiced my frustration to management and even have asked the security guy why he keeps tripping on me and what it is I have in my hands that's making him follow me around the store. His response was that I'm touching things.... Isn't that called shopping????

Another time in Aurora Colorado after spending close to $500 I had my husband pay for the things that he had so that they would stop acting like we were trying to steal something and I went in to try on a dress and the security guy literally stood outside the dressing room door. When it was the wrong size I came out of the dressy room and three employees and the security guard were standing outside my dressing room door. So I asked for another size and tried that on and when I was paying for my things the lady at the cash register after my husband had already bought $500 worth of things was trying to force me to put my purse up on the counter so she can look inside of it.

I thought maybe it was just Colorado stores that were awful and treated customers like thieves, so when I was in Montana during Christmas break my husband and I went into the Dillard's in Billings Montana and was told that I couldn't cross the aisle to the other department without paying for the items I wanted to buy first in the department I was in. I explained that I didn't want to have to go and change in the dressing room multiple times especially when they were following me around the department. Anyways so I left with nothing and angry which is a consistent thing with Dillard's anymore. I'm over it. Your store is going to go under because you're obviously training your employees to do that to the customers!!!!

PM

This kind of insulting behavior from security is UNACCEPTABLE. I would confront them about profiling and intimidating potential customers. You should definitely contact the Better Business Bureau. That has really helped me get some changes because they will contact the management company with the complaint!!

Dillards author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Dillard’s Inc., a publically-traded company, was founded in 1938. It now has more than 270 retail locations in 29 states as well as an online store and is headquartered in Little Rock, Ark. Dillard’s sells men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, accessories and shoes in addition to home goods.

• Selection: Dillard’s online shoe store offers extended sizes. It stocks women’s sizes 3-13, and hundreds of women’s shoes are available in sizes 5-12. The store offers styles for women, men and children.

• Returns: Unsatisfied customers have 30 days to return merchandise. They may make exchanges and returns in their local Dillard’s store for free.

• Trending: Dillard’s website has links to view shoe categories that are currently trending. Categories may represent seasonal changes or general popularity.

• Extended sizes: Hard-to-fit consumers can easily browse all styles available in their size. The website has a special extended-sizes section to make searching faster; however, shoppers can also browse all shoes and then select their size.

Dillards Company Information