3.9/5 (563 ratings)

About Shoes.com

Shoes.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: June 7, 2019

I attempted to order a pair of shoes on Memorial Day. I put in all of my information and hit submit and I was still on the order review page, but I received a text on my phone confirming a charge for $61.57 by Shoes.com. I waited for 30 minutes or so and never received a confirmation email. So, I called customer service and spoke to a guy who told me that my order did not go through and he would put in a request for a refund. I waited a few days and still nothing. I called customer service again and spoke to a female. I told her about my previous call and she said that she would look into it. She ended up telling me that there was no record of my order and without an order number she could not issue a refund. So, how am I supposed to get my refund??!! She then tried to feed me some bull about the charge being on hold and that I should call my bank. I am beyond irritated and I promise you that Shoes.com will NEVER another dime from me.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I ordered shoes. They shipped them to the wrong address. The shoes were sent back to them and they will not send me another pair or refund my money. They said I can't prove it was their mistake. I tried talking to a supervisor and was told they would now refund me $20 on an $85 order. I will never order from them again.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I know this is a bare bones operation but have used them for years. This time though, my order never came. My son literally has NO shoes that are not way too small and we desperately needed these shoes fast. After 6 days, I called to see where it was. I was told they didn't know and they would have to have an internal inquiry. Several days later I got billed for a restocking fee claiming I had returned them. UPS says it never left their warehouse. I had to argue about getting the fee returned. They have not yet credited me. I asked them to send the shoes I had waited for for 8 days expedited and they said I would have to pay for fast shipping. They promise shoes in 2-5 days which they do not make good on. When I complained they said they are not allowed to correct these problems. I am ready to pay twice as much at Zappos. At least it won't shave years off my life and my son might not have to go weeks barefoot. Shesh.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I returned shoes that I didn't even take out of the shoe box, I didn't like them after looking at a similar pair. Then a few weeks later the same kind of shoes were sent to me in a box but no shoe box and the shoes had dirt on them. I called Shoes.com and asked why they were sent. They said their warehouse said I sent them back without the shoe box (false). They would have to make an investigation to see if I was lying or their warehouse workers were lying. The investigation would take 5 business days. Shop at your own risk at Shoes.com, and don't expect them to be helpful if you have (or they make up) a problem. Stick with Zappos or Amazon or your local retailer.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I ordered 2 pairs of Women Comfy Platform Sandal Shoes, 1 4D Full Suppot Insole & 1 Professional Orthopedic Bunion Corrector 3.0 on April 27, 2019 for a total of 75.95, shipping free. It was charged to my credit card on 4-29-19 for $79.95. It has been 3 weeks and I haven't heard anything about when they were shipped. When I try to check on them it says to go to my tracking number and check but I have never received a tracking number so I assume it hasn't been shipped. I don't know if this is a scam because I can't get a phone number or can't get anyone in customer service online. If I don't hear anything in the next week I'll go to my credit card company and have them to charge the amount back to them. I'm disappointed because they looked like the kind of shoes I could wear on my vacation the 28th.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I returned a pair of black, size 9 1/2 ASICS tennis shoes because they were too small. Three weeks later I received a package from Shoes.com with a pair of white VANS size 6 and a note saying they couldn't accept the VANS because I didn't order them. I didn't buy VANS nor did a return a pair of VANS. I don't know what happened to my shoes but they said they would do an investigation. Unfortunately, I purchased them with a gift card I received at Christmas (it's now May) and as of now I'm stuck with a pair of VANS that are three sizes too small. I went to my local UPS store and asked if the ASICS could have fallen out and they accidentally mixed up my shoes with a different delivery and they said absolutely not.

Original review: May 16, 2019

These shoes run very small compared to regular shoe sizes. I wear a 10m. I ordered an 11 medium. Still cannot even fit them onto my foot. I cannot return them, since they were on sale. I will never order from them again.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Ordered 2 pairs of men’s shoes (size 10). Same shoe. Just different colors. After 7 days I received 1 correct shoe and one completely wrong - women’s size 11. Called their “customer service” and was hung up on. Called back and was told by Sandra I had to print out a return slip and drop it off at USPS. No problem. I asked, “So when can I expect the shoe I ordered to arrive.” Sandra said, “You will be refunded and you’ll have to order the shoe again.” Spoke to a Supervisor (Antonio). He was as unhelpful as Sandra. Customer Service does not exist at this company. If you have nothing better to do than return things you didn’t order and reorder the same item multiple times then this is your place! I will never order anything from this worthless company ever again. Complete joke.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I placed an order with this company and they charged the full amount of the order within United of the order. Then when they shipped out the shoes they charged me again for each pair of shoes as they shipped. So I was charged again for the entire order. When I called them I got a ** rude customer service agent who basically said, "Oh well that’s exactly how this company works" and didn’t care that I had not authorized the additional charges. He said the funds would eventually get refunded to me but the company operates basically on falsely charges funds that they hold till they legally have to return your money. I wouldn’t order from these ** again if they were the only place to buy shoes. Frauds.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Ordered steel toe boots. Took nearly 2 weeks to receive. They didn't meet work requirements nor, specs advertised for sole. 60 day returns. Initiated with 10 days to go and got the runaround. Ride CSR after CSR. THEY REFUSED TO EXCHANGE OR REFUND. Shoes b in box with tags still. Never worn. This company isn't in the "customer satisfaction" business!! Never again!!

Original review: May 12, 2019

I returned a pair of shoes, only to find them back on my doorstep a couple weeks later. Inside was a note stating that the shoes were worn and the soles too dirty to resell. Thankfully I paid for them via PayPal. Send them pics of the sides and bottoms of the perfectly clean, tried on inside shoes and my payment was refunded within 10 days. Too bad Shoes.com pulls this and gets away with it so often. Needless to say I will NEVER buy shoes from them again, but if you, BUYER BEWARE and use PayPal!

Original review: May 9, 2019

When I initially looked at this site I was excited because the prices seemed reasonable and they were having a sale of an extra 20% off. Well to this day I still have no idea what shoes you had to buy to get the extra 20% discount because it didn’t work on anything I tried it on. I ended up buying a pair of tennis shoes from this site and they didn’t fit right so I had to return them. When I called to get a return label I was told there would be a $6.95 restocking fee. What?? They are shoes! The only way around the $6.95 was to purchase another pair of shoes. When I questioned the restocking fee the woman recited from her script the same thing (which still made no sense). Needless to say, I will never shop this site again.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I can now see that these people may or may not be notorious for making “payment adjustments” whenever they please without the consent or knowledge of the consumer. First and foremost, when I’ve came across the website I was a little skeptical because all of the shoes displayed appeared tacky, but I’ve decided to give them a chance and purchased two pairs of Converses, one black and one pink.

However!!! When trying on the pink pair, which was some sort of sneaker boot, they’ve felt really tight around my toes and it was a size bigger than my actual shoe size so. Anyway, I’ve decided to donate one pair to Goodwill and gave the other one to my mother... But the only reason why I’m complaining right now is the fact that they’ve made ANOTHER payment adjustment on my credit card, and I can’t even make a report on this one. So, fellow consumers, beware of shopping from this company, because it seems to me that their notoriety includes selling defective products and STEALING money from consumers bank/credit card accounts.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Title says it all.. Paid extra for 2 Day Shipping, but when shoes did not arrive in 2 Days, called and was told that Shipping Time does not include as many as 5 days "Processing Time”. Buyer be aware!.... Read the fine Print, Zappos gets shoes there much faster!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Ordered a pair of shoes on April 27, called back a few hours later to cancel the order. Was told they will check with the supplier and email the status. It's now May 5 and I've yet to receive any communication re cancellation, refund of payment, or shipment. Called again was told, "Still checking w/ supplier. Wait another 48 hours and call back again." Absolutely the worst online retailer ever, impossible to contact anyone other than their outsourced service with no help.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I ordered some shoes from Shoes.com because the website said that exchanges are free. So I felt confident to place a order. First let me say that the shoes that they send are of very poor quality. They may have a brand name on them but they look like they are rejects from the company. So not only did I send them back because they look awful. I also sent them back because they didn't fit. I went through the correct process to send them back according the papers that came with the shoes.

Because the website said that exchanges are free I thought nothing of it at first. Then at the end of the process before you place your order for the exchange it says it will be charged to your credit card. I thought to myself should I go through with this. I hesitated but I went ahead and place the order. Well I checked my credit card account the next day and found out that I got charged for the new order even though I sent the other shoes back to the company. So I got charged for the shoes I sent back and for the shoes I just ordered. So this company is robbing people of their money. This company is advertising false information.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Do not purchase with this company!! I wish I had read these reviews before making my purchase. This company is horrible to work with! They make dishonest claims on their website and then give you the runaround (each time a different excuse). I paid for next day shipping only to be told that next day shipping means they ship out the next business day. Right on the shoe page that I ordered, it said ships same day if ordered by a certain time that I was well before. When I realized the shoes would not arrive in time (they were a gift for someone for a specific event), I called. Customer service was seriously rude and kept contradicting themselves, giving excuses that didn't make sense and even flat out lying.

When I was told the person I was speaking to couldn't do anything and I requested a supervisor that could, I was told multiple times someone would get back to me within 24-48 hrs. Another lie. I called back three days later and was given the excuse that the manager is very busy. Finally received a callback and was told they would not refund my money even though they did not next day ship it. There aren't words to express how frustrating this experience was. The shoes were as described but I will never order from Shoes.com again.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I bought a pair of UGG boots from this store and only wore them twice. The suede began to shred and peel, so I called customer service. I had to send them back to be revised and they told me it was NOT a manufacturer defect, so they didn't do anything about it. This is a mediocre company with an awful customer service. They didn't give me a refund or at least offered to exchange the product. I owe 3 pair of UGG boots and NEVER had this issue before. Worst experience ever! I guess for Shoes.com the customer is not their priority.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I have recently had a terrible experience with Shoes.com and want to alert people to their scam. I ordered a hiking shoe which somehow shrunk due to material, etc. and they refused to refund my account or credit my Shoes.com account. The shoe was returned because it was DEFECTIVE, but they would not consider this because the shoes could not be resold. Why would anyone try to resell a DEFECTIVE shoe? They just kept using the policy for returning wrong sized shoes which was not the issue. The workers here are trained to SCAM you at every angle and speaking with a manager has no effect. When asked who the owner of this company was and for an email for this person, they had no IDEA who owned this company or how to locate them for complaints. No surprise there. DO NOT SHOP HERE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I was lured to the site with the 25% off advertisement. Of course, when I tried to apply the promo code it would not work. Fine print said there were exceptions to some brands, but did not list the brands. Still figured I'd order because of free shipping. I received the item and it doesn't fit as I thought it would. Was hoping the shoes would slip on easily like Sperry's boat shoes, but they don't. Decided to return and find out there is a $6.95 restocking fee. Should have ordered directly from Sperry even though I would have paid shipping. Wish I had seen this site first and all of the bad reviews. I would never had ordered if I did.

Original review: April 26, 2019

Was my first order with them. Ordered a pair of canvas slip on with open heel as shown on their website. Order confirmation showed the picture. Product came - wrong style - closed heel. No paperwork with the shipment. Called customer service. Took forever for them to understand the problem - the order # and style # meant nothing to them. Supervisor (Joseph?) was of no help. Sending the shoes back. No more business with them.

Original review: April 26, 2019

OK despite reading the Numerous bad reviews that are right here on this site I decided to buy a pair of ostrich skin Belvedere shoes and let me tell you I couldn’t kick myself in the ** enough. The shoe fit horribly it. My foot does not even go inside. Second they’re offering a 25% off. Are used a brand that was listed in the 25% off and it did not deduct any money. I called about my second day air that I pay 10 extra dollars for and I got the runaround for three days before my package was finally shipped five days later and they offered to refund me my shipping and also added a 15% off which they did apply but I still got my shoes extra late and then when I get them they don’t fit.

This was the worst Shoe experience I have ever had and I will never ever ever buy from Shoes.com again. Not to mention my shoes seem like they’re fake. They’ll waive them. The sole looks like it’s glued down. The she just doesn’t look comfortable so I’m actually glad I didn’t wear it. Not to mention the shoes didn’t even come with the return shipping. Pepe pour anything the box was in another brown box and the box that my shoes are in looks old but no. Please do not waste your time. Do not waste your money. You will be sorry.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Shoppers need to know that when purchasing from Shoes.com they do not include a return shipping label or not even a packing slip, so when I called them to ask how to return they said to print a label at home. Well not everyone has a printer at home, and then they said they would mail me one, and I never received it so I to call again to finally receive it a MONTH LATER. It was like they dragged it out so they would not have to refund me because you only have 6 weeks from purchase, then they said they received my return and refunded me WHICH THEY DID NOT. It is a good thing I bought them through Walmart, which was more than happy to intervene and refund me. The whole thing was a nightmare. What kind of shoe company of all things "shoes" do not include a return label!!! Will never buy from them again and warn you not to. Linda.

Original review: April 20, 2019

They would not take back as a return, a pair of sneakers that did not fit me. I barely wore them. I will never buy from them again! Beware of them. They say they have to RESELL sneakers that are returned.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I wear a true 7 in heels. I received a size 7 but were unfortunately too big on the heel which I discovered the first and only time I wore them. I was told I could not exchange for a smaller size (this is their policy). I was ok with their policy - except for the customer service rep was so rude and asked me why I didn't walk around my house first?... And.. if I was a store I would have purchased them without walking around. UMMM Nooo. Leather shoes fit differently for different sizes and you don't get a good feel unless you "wear them." I would have been ok with a solid "I'm sorry ma'am that's not our policy" but the rudeness sent me over the edge.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I bought a pair of winter boots that did not fit. To return them and get another pair, I was required to purchase the second pair which would be refunded when the first pair was returned. I returned the first pair, and followed up with emails asking for a status of my refund, which were never returned. Much later, the first pair landed back on my doorstep rejecting the return because the box was damaged. The boots were fine, but the box was damaged in the shipping return. I believe this to be a classic bait and switch in my opinion. They bait you into doubling down, go radio silent and then drop ship the shoes much later so you don't even have a chance to return either pair. The customer service department has a script they read to you so they are well schooled in playing the game. In my opinion this company is unethical and lacks integrity and it is a shame that they are allowed to use the mail and commerce to further their business model. Buyer Beware!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I was at first delighted to find a discontinued Keen "sneaker" at Shoes.com similar to one I had tried on in a shoe store. The one at Shoes.com was my preference of color and even a bit less expensive. I have an ankle injury that makes it difficult to find shoes I can wear that don't rub that deformed ankle. I knew within the first few steps the shoes I purchased from Shoes.com were not going to work, too painful on that ankle. I walked inside my house perhaps 50 feet just to make sure. I immediately inspected the shoes for any dirt, repackaged as close to new as possible. Called Shoes.com and they emailed me a return shipping label. I learned on that email about their restocking fee. I printed the label, shipped them UPS the next day, they arrived at Shoes.com 4/3.

Today (4/9) I get the shoes back from Shoes.com with a note in the box saying the shoes could not be returned. They were scuffed and dirty, unable to resell. Indeed the shoes are somewhat scuffed and dusty. They did not leave my house this way! I called Shoes.com. Though courteous, the supervisor said they would review the photos they took of the shoes when they arrived at the warehouse. Well of course they will look scuffed and somewhat dirty in their photos. I wholeheartedly believe they damaged their own product to not process a return! Fortunately my credit card company is going to challenge them on this. As others have said: BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: April 9, 2019

Today was my first time to order from Shoes.com, I ordered one pair of shoes for $44.89 and they charged the amount twice to my bank account. Within minutes I called the customer service number & emailed them as well. Nothing was done, so I just lost $89.78. Beware of Shoes.com and check your accounts, they can charge your account as many times as they want. Also the promo code to get 25% off is a scam as well.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased two pairs of Converse. I returned them because they were too big. I received only one refund minus the restocking fee for my purchase. I called customer service. The lady was so rude and stated "well we did refund your money, you need to call your credit card company." I waited 3 days later and still no refund. I called again and talked to a gentleman and he was very helpful. He told me that they came from two different warehouses so I may have to wait a few more days to get my refund. I'll wait a few more days but I need my money returned ASAP.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Received a postcard from Shoes.com with Promo Code for "25% OFF*". It listed some exceptions like "previously purchased items", "participating brands only". On the back, it says in big letters "JUST FOR YOU 25% OFF* PLUS FREE SHIPPING, NO MINIMUM". Below that, it lists 9 brands with their official logos. I tried to order shoes from one of those brands. Surprise - no discount. From their customer service: "Most of our promotions have brand exclusions and are only available on participating brands." So, apparently, the brands they listed for 25% discount are actually excluded. That is fraud, plain and simple.

Shoes.com Company Information