1.40/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

736 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Foolishly, I ordered 2 pairs of shoes from Shoes.com because of availability & price. I have never ordered shoes on the Internet before. I did this by phone & I was told returns were not a problem if the shoes did not fit. The shoes arrived in boxes in plastic bags from UPS. I returned the shoes. I was told that I would get only a $30 credit for $170.00 of shoes because I did not put the shoe box in a shipping box. UPS said it was fine to ship this way. Shoes.com email which included the RMS & instructions did not mention this. They are LIARS & CHEATS!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I had ordered A pair of UGGS for myself for my birthday two weeks ago and my boots arrived this morning. Was very hesitant from ordering from this site from all the bad reviews and didn’t know what to expect. I can honestly say when I called customer service and a few days ago to see when my order would arrive as I still didn’t have a tracking number the representative was very helpful and letting me know my shipment will be sent out tomorrow. My boots arrived here today and they're perfect. They’re great. Will definitely order again as they have great prices.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I ordered shoes for my husband for Christmas. He tried them on in the kitchen and did not like the color and fit. I immediately called customer service and they explained that returns are easy. I received my label and returned the shoes with its original box. A few weeks later they were returned to me with a note saying the shoes were worn. The shoes were never worn more than 5 minutes in the kitchen. I immediately called customer service and spoke to a “manager” that explained there is nothing he can do. I later looked online and found that several people had the exact same experience. I am now out over $150 with a worthless pair of shoes that do not fit. Shoes.com virtually stole from me. Never purchase anything from this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Buyer beware! I purchased a pair of Lucky Brand boots from Shoes.com and tried them on in my house. I didn’t really like the fit so I sent them back. A few weeks later they were shipped back to me because the return center said they had been worn. They were worn for two minutes when I tried them on in my living room. Even after I requested a review of the case Shoes.com would not honor the return. There was a minimal wear on the heel of the boot but I’m not certain that wasn’t the way they arrived. The heel is a painted rubber sole. There was a minimal wear on the heel of the boot but I’m not certain this wasn’t the way they arrived. The heel is a painted rubber sole which wears off extremely easily. I kept the other Lucky Brand. And after one where the majority of the sole was worn down to the rubber. It was a very disappointing experience. I am unlikely to purchase from Shoes.com in the future.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I ordered a pair of size 5 uggs for my granddaughter for Christmas. On Christmas day she tried them on and couldn't get her foot in them; she now wears a size 7! I immediately returned them and on 1/11 they arrived back with a note attached saying I could not return them because they were worn. I contacted them 1/11 and explained that there must be a mix up because no one wore the boots because no one could fit them. I agreed they were a bit "dusty" but these were not the same boots I returned. I also explained I'm a size 9 and she's a 7. The CS representative couldn't assist me and I was put on hold for a manager. I explained again and told the manager, "You can clearly see the boots were not worn (clean bottom), but they were a bit dusty and maybe because they were opened in warehouse or mixed up with another pair?" Unfortunately, I am stuck with a pair of boots that neither I nor my granddaughter can wear! I will never order from them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

In the modern era, taking 2+ weeks to ship an order is not kosher. They do not even process orders for 4 days after ordering. They have a fraudulent customer service email address. They charge for returns. They do not send order confirmation at times.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I am sorry to hear people have had bad experiences with this company because my own has been great. I ordered a pair of moccasins for my daughter for Christmas and they arrived quickly and were perfect. My mom just ordered me a pair of UGG boots and a day later I found them $65 cheaper on another site. I contacted Shoes.com by email and followed their price match procedure and they responded right away (on a Sunday mind you) and refunded my mom the difference in price and the boots arrived and I love them. Great customer service, fast shipping, great products! Very happy with my experience.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I ordered shoes for my husband. We got them today and he needs a bigger size. Shoes.com.says "Exchanges are free and refunds are easy." When I called the first guy said they were out of stock on bigger size. Website showed they were in stock so I called back for a simple "exchange" but shoes.com does not have exchanges as they state in their site. I have to send the shoes back, pay $6.95 restocking fee? What about their statement "Exchanges are free and refunds are easy"? That's not a free exchange. Also, they say they will refund my money and then I have to reorder. That is clearly a refund and reorder not an exchange.

So just know you can't believe the statements made on Shoes.com website because this one was non-existent and completely untrue. I spoke with 3 different customer service reps and they were all rude, uncertain and the first one couldn't even tell they actually did have the larger size in stock. I informed Shoes.com verbally and in email that I would be writing a one star review. They don't even deserve the one star in my opinion. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a pair of work boots from Shoes.com as a Christmas gift for my grandson. They arrived by UPS in their original shoe box inside a thin grey plastic bag and the box had been slightly crushed somehow during shipment. However the boots were unharmed but were the wrong size. I contacted Shoes.com who said "No problem, we'll send you a UPS return shipping label and you can return them for an exchange or a refund". I chose to have a refund and let my grandson buy the boots himself at a local store where he could try them on first. They said "No problem, you will have your refund shortly". So, I sent them back with their label by UPS and waited for my refund which didn't seem to be coming, so I called several times and each time got the same story, that "the refund takes time because of the holidays".

Ok, so I wait and after two weeks, the same boots arrive back at my doorstep with their note saying that because the box was damaged they can't resell them and they refuse to refund me! Now, the box arrived back to me even more damaged than when I returned it to them. I explained that I received the boots in a damaged box, but they really didn't care. A very bad customer service! In my opinion this is a really poor way to do business. So, now I'm stuck with them and they could care less. Therefore, I strongly suggest that you take my bad experience and those of so many others into consideration and that you don't buy from this terrible company.

It's a slick, greasy on-line operation that doesn't look to satisfy its customers, but just to grab your money. They make promises but when it comes down to it. They are not interested in helping you. If you must order on-line, be careful and smart...order from a reputable company like Bobs.com or any of several others, or buy at a reputable brick and mortar store. Please do yourself a service and do not buy from these clowns. I wish I had read about their poor ratings and all the complaints before I bought from them! Good luck!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I order a pair of snow boots for my Fiancé for Christmas and received in a timely manner. She tried them on for Christmas and fit well. The next day one of the bootstraps pulled off as she was putting on her new boots. Customer service wanted me to buy a new pair of boots at the guaranteed same price which was five dollars more than the current sale price! The boots are defective and they will not warranty now. They will not stand by him anyway whatsoever because she put them on to see if they fit therefore they say she wore them and cannot be returned. They also want to charge a restocking fee. No free returns and no Warranties. Do not buy from Shoes.com unless you are eager for disappointment and unnecessary aggravation. Thank God the boots only cost $35.00. Paid tuition to learn about a deceptive business. I can only hope that they go out of business before ripping off any more of the public!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I got a notice that item shipped on the 31st. Today is Jan 4th and UPS still shows only label created. Contacted customer service and after insisting it had been shipped, discovered that facility shipping shoes is closed until January 13th and they are unable to cancel the order and issue a refund until after that. I even spoke to a supervisor who is unwilling to help. The website states will receive in 1 to 5 business days... Well, they are talking at least 3 weeks if it doesn't ship until the 13th or 14th. That is unacceptable and I feel like they have stolen my money.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought two identical pairs of Clarks shoes from Shoes.com. I felt confident about ordering them online because of their "free returns." Only when I went to return them did I learn of their $6.95 re-stocking fee, per item. So, it COST ME $14.00 to try on 2 pairs of shoes. In the past, I've bought Clarks directly from Clarks and also from Amazon, where "free returns" really are free. This is false advertising. Shoes.com is a disreputable company that engages in sleazy business practices. IF ONLY I had looked up reviews on them before ordering!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Shoes.com is by far the worst company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I bought my wife a pair of shoes for Christmas and the shoes were too big, so 3 attempts were made to exchange the shoes through their website using their exchange policy. Shoes.com's garbage website returned an order cannot be completed pop-up 3 times, yet you still processed 3 withdrawals of $168.01 CDN from my bank account.

When I called and spoke to a gentleman in customer service, he advised only a manager could reverse the charges and stated he would send a note asking for the charges to be reversed within 24 to 48 hours. I stated that was not acceptable and then I asked to speak with a manager to have the charges reversed immediately. I was placed on a prolonged hold "while he attempted to find a manager." After almost 30 minutes, my call was transferred to a "manager" who really wasn't a manager because she told me the same thing as the level 1 customer service agent I originally spoke with. So I was lied to and pushed off onto another level 1 agent who refused to allow me to speak with a manager. Instead of exchanging the shoes, I decided to return them, as I have zero faith in Shoes.com and its employees. I've now got $796.47 CDN of my money tied up trying to get my wife a pair of shoes that fit.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

So I had been searching around different sites for a specific pair of shoes I wanted for an event. The prices were the same on each site I visited, but I purchased through Shoes.com because there was a notice on the listing for my shoes that if ordered by 4 pm, they would be shipped the same day. I ordered at 3 pm. I’m shop mostly on Amazon and I am used to super speedy shipping through Prime, so I just assumed shoes.com would be able to get them out within the hour, especially since their site expressly notes they would go out if ordered by 4 pm. Silly me for expecting Amazon level service. They didn’t go out the evening. Or the next day, or the next day. So finally I contacted customer service and the woman I spoke to said “it takes 1-5 days to process and order.” ??? I told her what it said on the site and she just said, “yes I see that it says that, but unfortunately it takes 1-5 days to process.”

I told her that I wanted to cancel my order because I was mislead. I ordered from their site because I thought the shoes would be shipped the same day, and now since they hadn’t gone out, they wouldn’t arrive in time for the event I needed them for. I asked how I could cancel on the site and she told me that I couldn’t, that she would have to process my request, but if my order was processing it couldn’t be done. The next day I got a notice saying the shoes were ready to ship. It looks like that will be arriving, but after my event. Let’s see if returns go smoothly... (not betting on it).

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Purchased shoes from them. They arrived and one was definitely used when I took them out of the box shortly after they arrived. Not only that, but it looked like someone had attempted to clean one on the rubber and the suede, plus there was a long hair inside of one of the shoes. So gross and unsanitary, not to mention a total rip off because I didn’t buy used shoes. Contacted them immediately and sent pictures, I received a emailed response from Jamika telling me to send them back for a return and they will investigate whether they are defective or not and charge me $6.95 if they aren’t deemed defective. I was just thinking before this that a mistake had been made and I would exchange them for a unused pair. But now I was mad. So I called them and spoke with Jonathan and requested to speak with a supervisor and while I was pulling my order number up he hung up on me.

So I called back and spoke with Sandra and was told she was trying to teach a supervisor for 15 minutes, then told me they all went home for the day and someone would call me the next day. Nobody called all day, or halfway into today. I called just now and spoke with Albert. After explaining to him what happened, he asked if a manager called me yesterday and then asked if I did not get a voicemail. I double checked and no missed calls or voicemails. I can’t believe these people lie and document that they called a customer when they didn’t AND they're managers doing it! He confirmed my phone number and they had the correct one.

Finally got transfer to a supervisor, Lilian, who was really nice, but all she could do was waive the restocking fees and after more back and forth offered me a 30% off coupon. I declined since those coupons get emailed to me constantly anyway, but she said there was nothing else she could do. They also don’t have the ability to send UPS to you to pick up your returned used item, so you have to drive to it UPS after all of this other drama. Unbelievable. They are the worst company to deal with and I would never assume what I’m getting from them going forward isn’t defective or used. There are so many other shoe stores online that don’t operate this way, save yourself the headache. (PS - they also are Shoebuy.com.)

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I'm so glad I have just read all these reviews, because I now realize that all of this horrible customer service and shady dealings are just part of their horrifying customer service model. In dealing with Manager Steve, I believe somewhere in Massachusetts, I actually felt like my sanity was at stake...as if I were being "gaslighted," being told I had absolutely done something I hadn't. He is mean, condescending and gives a sickening meaning to the word customer care. Purchased a pair of boots which after trying on, decided to return. They were fine...just didn't work as well as I had hoped. That is the beauty of being able to purchase from an online company with "free returns." I packaged them up and sent them back, after being given a free shipping label. Like so many others, these shoes were sent right back with a note saying they had been worn, which they had not. Only tried on in my bedroom.

I was told my manager Steve that I had definitely worn them and that their decision was final, in a very stern, arrogant tone. Nothing like what I'm used to where customer service will work with you to try to resolve. Just plain "no" you know you wore them and we cannot help you...then silence. So here we are, with no recourse. The shoes are in perfect condition and were returned in original packaging and I have pictures to prove, which I actually sent to them. But it is obviously their practice to limit returns, so this is how they do it. Never experienced this as I most always deal with reputable companies and had thought for some reason that I was doing the same with Shoes.com. I hope all of these negative reviews force them out of business! I had always had great customer service with Shoebuy and didn't realize that Shoes.com was an entirely different organization. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes (Timberland Wheat boots) for my husband for Christmas. When my husband opened the box he noticed the shoes had a long black scuff mark and had various other smaller marks to give the appearance of a worn shoe. I contacted shoes.com about the looks of the shoe and the rep refused to let me speak with a manager in regard to receiving a partial credit or really just anything for the defective shoe.

The rep stated that managers would not be available for 48 hours and the only thing I could do was return the shoes for a full refund. She stated that she had no proof that the shoes were defective and would not accept any photos. I don’t like how it takes 48 hours to speak with a manager and how they don’t strive to deliver great customer service. I’ve never experienced such bad customer service. I will not be shopping with this company EVER again.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

The site clearly stated that if you ordered by a certain date and time, holiday shipping was guaranteed. When my order hadn't even been shipped 2 days before the holiday, I called the helpline. I was politely blamed for my own inadequacies at putting the correct code in the correct box. The code I had clipped directly from their website was only for a percentage off and not the same percentage plus expedited shipping???

Customer service was very quick to blame me for picking the wrong code (who would ever pick just a percentage and know that somewhere on the site was another code that included the same percent plus expedited holiday shipping?). They refused to compensate in any way or even acknowledge that they had poorly advertised their holiday shipping deadline. Customer service 100% blamed the customer. I guess in their minds, it's perfectly acceptable to make the customer jump through hoops and catch them on the fine print to avoid having to honor their stated holiday promotions. IF you ever purchase from them, make sure you get ready to have them somehow not follow through and then blame you.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I decided to purchase Converse off their website. I completed my order and submitted for process. It kicked back a message that my card could not be processed/payment declined, please retry. I checked my account and everything was fine so I resubmitted one order. And I got the same message again. So, I decided not to proceed. I called my bank and was told I was charged 2x by them and my card was ran for the same amount 7x more by them. My order was never processed nor did I receive a confirmation number. Yet they were able to charge me numerous times. I called Shoe.com to fix this issue but they insisted I call my bank because the problem was with them.

I called numerous times to Shoe.com just to get the runaround from their outsourced customer service reps... "We never charged your card, the address doesn’t match what our records have on file for you, we have to pre-authorize your card for the amount but we will need to hold another $75.56 again for processing." SHOE.com already costing me a huge dent in my account to NOT have a order placed for 2 Converse. And, still took my money. Best part they will hold on to the money until My bank contacts them that it’s okay to use my VALID Card to make this purchase which I clearly didn’t want after the 2nd try to order. It’s been days and still no money refunded by Shoe.com or my bank since it’s still pending. Never Again...do not give this company your money.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

Return policy requires the original shipping box—not just the shoebox. Mine was damaged when I received it, so I sent the shoebox back on its own. I received no notification from the company that this was going to happen, but I got a notification from UPS (the day I left town for three weeks, naturally) that I was receiving a package tomorrow. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be the package from Shoes.com that I had sent back last week.

I called them and they were extremely unhelpful and unaccommodating. The agent kept repeating that I should have sent it back in the original box, not seeming to understand that said box at Vendome edged. Obviously, the shoe box was damaged by UPS when it was sent back. They claim they can’t sell a pair of shoes again if the box is damaged, and I find that absolutely ridiculous. I’ve often received shoes with a damaged box, and I can’t imagine that that’s a huge deal to anyone with a pair of shoes that’s under $100. I’m really angry that I have now wasted $95 on a pair of shoes that doesn’t fit. Never shopping with them again and would recommend staying away.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered a pair of shoes from Shoes.com on October 29. They were supposed to be delivered November 1 but I never received the shoes. I filed a complaint with Shoes.com and it has taken over a month and a half to resolve. They have not contacted me at all. I have contacted them six times and each time they’ve gotten more rude. I still have not gotten my money back for a pair of shoes that was lost. Last contact I had with them was last week and they said it would take 3 to 5 business days once the complaint was resolved, we are on day six.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered a pair of boots on 11/24. I contacted customer service on 12/5 because I hadn't received. They said they were opening an investigation with UPS to find package. I called on 12/10 to follow up and was told they had not opened the investigation after all because they were busy but would open it right away. I called today on 12/17 and was told it is a 10 business day process (Christmas Eve in this case) before they'd know anything despite being told it would be 48 hours way back on the 5th. I asked for any alternatives and the supervisor told me they could cancel order and give me 30% off on reorder.

The boots I ordered are no longer available due to the holidays and I already have an email code for 30% off anyway so I requested options and also an offer better than I already had due to the circumstances. He said that is the best he could do so I could take it or leave it. He placed me on hold before coming back to advise they cancelled my order and would process a refund. Shipping issues are not in their control but how they respond is and they could not have been less helpful. No alternatives and no options except wait until Christmas Eve and see what happens. As a multiple purchase customer I am so disappointed in their response and their lack of effort to find a solution. I will never purchase from them again!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I purchased a pair of shoes. I took the shoes out of the box, put them on my feet, walked 20 feet (on concrete), turned around, came right back from where I started, took them off, and put them in the box. I printed out a return label, sent them back because they did not fit. SHOES.com then sent the package back to me with a note saying the shoes had been worn. I asked for proof that they has been worn so they sent me pictures, and to their credit there was some dirt on the bottom where I stepped on the ground, however, after simply wiping my hands over the sole, they looked like new.

So, after speaking with their customer service team and director, they officially said I had worn the shoes and I would not get a refund and they were unwilling to return a pair of $50 shoes. $50 is apparently worth more than losing a customer forever and having the world know how bad their customer service is. I will never purchase from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Returned a bought pair of shoes for a size exchange. Shoes.com was very quiet - no email or anything. I used their online form (worthless!) to contact them 3 times about why I hadn't heard anything or hadn't received the replacement pair - never a response. So, I took time out from my busy schedule to call, and I found out the original pair I wanted to exchange was being shipped back to me. They claimed the shoes were dirty and had been worn. Not at all true! Those shoes were immaculate and I had only tried them on inside the house. That's what your customers need to do, shoes.com - try them on to see if they are right. These unfriendly folks have no idea how to get satisfied customers. Read all their bad reviews. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO BUY ELSEWHERE!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I just ordered a pair of 130 dollars boots but they seemed a bit bigger. After trying and walking at home few steps I wanted to exchange them first. Then ordered the new smaller size ones. Later, I read all the reviews here and how they were rejecting the returns, I didn’t want to end up with two pair of boots so I wanted to cancel my order within 30 minutes. Chris the idiot customer service apparently wanted to put my request in a request but there is guaranty for it, he said. I told him it is in their return and cancellation policy that I can cancel not shipped orders but apparently no. So after having discussions and he getting rude to me, I told him I’m canceling the payment through my bank account and please go ahead and ship the boot to me :)), let’s see if I get them after that???

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered a pair of boots from Shoes.com. Once received I tried them on. They did not fit. I repackaged them exactly the way they came to me and paid to return them. 2 weeks later I got the boots back with a note saying they could not be returned because the boots were worn, scuffed and soiled. That is completely a lie. I returned these boots 15 minutes after taking them out of the box as I received them with the tags attached. This company scams customers and now I have read review after review that says as much. Lesson learned is check out the company before ordering online or stick to Amazon. I am disputing the CC charge and I hope that I can get my money back. This company needs to be shut down as they keep defrauding customer!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Many people only come to these sites to complain. I on the other hand have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. Great prices, great selection, great fit, fast shipping, tons of discounts and I promise you will have a hard time beating the prices. Most of the complaints I read were about returning shoes. These are probably the same people that drink a half gallon of milk then decide to return it for their money back. If you do your homework research the type of shoe, know your shoe size, you shouldn’t have a problem at all. I hope those helps, overall a great company to buy from.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a pair of Dr. Martens from this website before reading the reviews, and after I read them I was TERRIFIED. Fortunately, my shoes arrived in the mail in a timely manner in the right size, style, and perfect condition. I am perfectly satisfied with my purchase, and I got a HUGE discount. Most of the negative reviews I have seen deal with returns gone wrong or wrong sizing which may be due to the fact that the website asks for your UK shoe size which is two sizes smaller. Moral of the story, if you want a good discount and are confident that you won't want to return the shoes you order you should totally order from this website. Just pay very close attention to what shoe size it's asking for and don't try to return anything lol.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I ordered a $140 shoe from this place, will never do that again. Please be aware that if you try on a shoe they may not accept it even if it was in the same condition that you bought it for. I am very disappointed with this company, I thought they were reputable. Companies such as this one is the reason people shop at Amazon exclusively. They returned to me the shoe I bought citing that they will be unable to resell the shoe. The shoe I returned is unblemished and thinking that there would be a refund coming to my account, I bought the same one with the right size.

For a shoe business, they have a ridiculous idea that customers need to try on the shoe specially when it is purchased online. I am disappointed that I bought from this company and I urge would be buyers to try other places. Don’t be lured by the deep discounts, they will make you pay more. Customer service is abysmal. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have been a returning customer with this company but never again! If I could give zero stars I would. Please do yourself a favor and do not buy from Shoes.com. Read the Better Business Bureau complaints if the bad reviews here aren’t enough to scare you! I purchased a $55 pair of boots as a Birthday gift for my daughter. When the boots didn’t fit and I attempted to return the brand new, in the box boots, I was refused a refund. Speaking to Steve ** in management was no help at all. He stated a 60 day return policy during the time of my purchase yet they are currently offering 90 days on returns due to the holidays.

Shoes.com Company Information