3.9/5 (556 ratings)

About Shoes.com

Shoes.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I ordered shoes for the 1st time from Shoes.com because they had a good price on a good pair of walking shoes. Almost 3 weeks later and my shoes still have not been marked as shipped. I've contact customer service three times so far and 2 of the times I was told that my shoes would be shipped on the same day. Liars! Still not shipped. I'm still waiting for a response from the 3rd email. Don't waste your money at shoes.com. Go to the store and buy shoes or use a reputable company like Amazon.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I purchased 6 pairs of golf shoes from company as gifts for myself & friends & 4 pairs did. It work out so I've attempted over the past 4 months to return shoes to no avail. I have not been able to get anyone willing to assist with the return due to a system Problem on their end which does not allow me to select the items to return & each response from employee is the return policy statement emailed. I’ve stated MULTIPLE TIMES the system is. It allowing me to select the items for return & their standard response is the return policy statement!

I think it is irresponsible for a company of this magnitude to avoid customers' complaints & literally hide behind their return policy as a legitimate course of action.

I’ve also attempted to involve my bank for assistance in disputing the charges only to discover the company not responding to the bank either! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PURCHASING SHOES FROM THIS COMPANY & UNSUBSCRIBE FROM ANY FUTURE EMAIL LISTINGS.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

I ordered some New Balance shoes. They charged my card. About the day that my shoes should have arrived, I got an email that said they canceled my order. Still waiting for my credit. What a joke. I will never order from them again. Scam site.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I ordered a pair of shoes only to get an email several days later saying they can't fill the order. I called several times and after a long hold each time was disconnected. I emailed them and asked for an explanation and received a generic email saying that they would respond in a timely manner. A week went by and no response and another failed phone call attempt. Reading other reviews now I see that this is common. More importantly it looks like there is no customer service and these guys don't care period. Not worth the small savings they boast. I also found out later that one of my neighbors had a dealing with these guys a couple of years earlier and quality of the shoe were terrible and they had a tough time trying to return it. Take your business somewhere where they care.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I ordered Crocs on 9/8, it's now 9/17. Hasn't even shipped yet! Rep lied, saying Crocs will ship out tomorrow. That was 3 days ago! Company is a scam. They want you to cancel as to charge restock fee.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

My experience with Shoes.com has been terrible. I ordered a pair of Birkenstock Arizona Birkibuc Sandal as a gift and was sent the incorrect pair - this would not have been a big deal had the process to get the correct pair I paid for been easy. Instead of sending me the pair I purchased, and allowing me to send the incorrect pair back, they required me to do a full return where they would refund me and then made me purchase the correct pair again. This was incredibly inconvenient, and during this process with customer service, I sat on their hold line for an hour before the line just ended, and had to wait to do all correspondence via email.

Additionally, I was told they would not remove the $8.25 restocking fee from my refund and they still did. I am now unable to get ahold of anyone at customer service. I did not re-purchase the shoes I originally ordered, as this company has shown they have very poor customer service and made the entire experience very bad for me. I would not recommend shopping through Shoes.com at all.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

I'm not %100 positive but shoes.com no longer can be bothered with any phone service and their website ONLY works to purchase but they no longer accept or process returns. In fact there is no way to contact this business which is a sure sign of going out of business. Broken website, no phones, no service of any kind.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I ordered a pair of sandals on July 22nd and it is now August 1st. According to website they have not even shipped it. However they did charge my credit card. It should have arrived. According to all the horrible reviews this may be a scam website.

Original review: July 28, 2021

I ordered a pair of shoes from them. Website said they were in stock when I bought them. About a week later, they sent me a cancel order notice. They did not specify why the order was canceled. I may use them again but if someone else had the shoe for about the same price, I would try the other vendor.

Original review: July 26, 2021

Stay away. The worst customer service. Sent several email and held on the phone 3 times for 2.5 hours to no avail. When ordering on the website and trying to use rewards at checkout they switched my order to full payment without authorization or a way to correct it. I ordered 20 pairs of men's shoes for a charity and they never got them and and I only got half credit. Long after without notice until I sent several inquiries. There are better sites to spend your money.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Ridiculous....I ordered a product, paid extra for 2-day shipping, then waited....and waited. I filled out a form on the website to find out where my order was, and the response was "we'll get back to you in 1-3 days." Never heard a thing. Tried calling several times -- the first 3 times, the voice mail system said "no one is available, call back later" then disconnected.

I finally got through to a person after over an hour on hold. They explained that the item I ordered is drop-shipped from a separate company and takes 12 days to receive. There's nothing about this on the website, but the rep told me that he deals with these calls/complaints all day and that I should leave feedback on the Shoes.com website so the management will do something about it. I tried that, but the form doesn't work. To top it off, I can't get a refund until the shoes arrive and I request a return....even though they haven't shipped yet. Will not be ordering from them again. Ever. Do some digging online -- my experience is not unique.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I ordered sandal flip Flops a half size bigger than my normal size. When they arrived they were too small, but when I was in the process of returning them for a larger size I noticed they charge an $8.50 restocking fee. That's absolutely ridiculous!!! I'll NEVER buy from them again. The flip-flops will go to someone in need. I will not send $8.50 to someone to put these back on the shelf.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Bought a pair of shoes, returned them.. Received no confirmation that the shoes were rcvd. Eventually a refund with wrong amt. was deposited in my acct. I've emailed them at least 3 times now (supposedly their preferred form of contact) and have never received a response. Called on the phone & was on hold for over 30 mins. without ever speaking to anyone.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I ordered a pair of shoes on July 3rd with an expected deliver in 4 to 9 days. It is now July 16th. I have not gotten the shoes or any correspondence. I used their email address to ask for an update on July 12th with no response. I called their customer service number 888-200-8414 on July 16th and waited over 30 minutes to talk to an agent. The agent said that they do not know why my order has not shipped or any information about my order. The agent said that they would have to check with the warehouse and will email me in 3 to 5 days. Order from this company only if you do not need the shoes for a while.

Original review: July 9, 2021

I placed an order in May (it is now mid-July). I had problems with my order at the start of shipping. They sent me 2 tracking numbers that were actually invalid. My shoes came WITHOUT giving me the correct tracking numbers. I received 4 different shipments when my email from shoes.com showed 2. I spent weeks tracking down my shipments. BUT WAIT, THAT'S NOT THE WORST. I liked 2 shoes and am trying to return 4 pairs of shoes. The customer service is only an automated email and no one is helping me track down my shoes. I sent an email with the UPS tracking number I used to send the shoes back to prove that I sent them back. No one has gotten back to me. I am owed close to $400 and no one at Shoes.com cares. They have my money and that is all they really care about. Like I say, shop at Shoes.com if you want to throw away your money. (Not to mention the $8 per shoe restocking fee???)

Original review: June 30, 2021

Most awful company I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. No customer service to speak of. They hang up on you and do not answer emails. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. It was like dealing with a 3rd world country.

Original review: June 29, 2021

I ordered a couple pairs of shoes. Returned & placed an 'Exchange' order. The last pair that I wanted to return for exchange, their website was 'down. It recommended sending an email with a statement that my order was for an exchange (which I did). They sent me an email upon receipt of the returned pair stating they were charging me a 'return fee'. I was never able to get them to show them as an Exchange - never could get through on the phone (would get disconnected after about 30 minutes). So... I ended up getting charged the return fee instead of them designating my order as an Exchange. I will never order from them again.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Returned a pair of shoes, sent Shoes.com proof of returned accepted, have tried to contact them on at least 5 occasions by either e-mail or phone (This is a joke. They disconnect you.) . This has now been going on 21 days and no refund. Seems in looking at reviews this is a wide ranging problem with shoes.com. Time to start a national campaign to get any service from this outfit or to let others know this is not a safe place to shop if you value your money. Sonny

Original review: June 22, 2021

I am so very disappointed. We ordered a pair of shoes for my husband. They were a little small so we wanted to exchange them for a different size in the same shoe model. Shoes.com is having all kinds of "issues" with their returns. (So we read) We opted to follow the suggestion to place another order, get the new order number and an exchange could be made and waive the restocking fee.

Well! I cannot get Shoe.com system to accept my email address... .I don't know why as their system sends me emails all the time. Therefore, I am not getting a return address label to send back the shoes we do not want. I have tried to call and just keep getting kicked out of their system. Yesterday I held for 30 minutes before I was kicked out. Today just a few seconds and I was kicked out. So if you are ordering shoes that you know will fit, this company is great. ....Try to make an exchange or refund??? Well if you haven't gotten the feel for this review, please know that this is the end for us using this company. Too frustrating!

Original review: June 21, 2021

DO NOT ORDER FROM SHOES.COM!!! Just like other poor reviews I have read, I followed the instructions to return and received a delivery receipt (proof of receipt) for my return from UPS on 5/28/21. I too have written emails to service@shoes.com and only received an automated reply minutes after my email is sent with no response after the promised 1-3 day waiting period. Plus, like others I have called the phone numbers starting with 888 and 617 and am disconnected 2-3 seconds after the recorded message asking customers to wait patiently because of heavy call volumes.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I am begging anyone that will listen, please do not order anything from this company. This is probably the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Returned a pair of shoes over a month ago and still have not received my refund. DO NOT order anything from them.

Original review: June 21, 2021

I returned ill-fitting shoes on 5-10-21 via Federal Express, following all instructions provided. Tracking shows that the delivery was made to the Shoes.com facility on 5-10-21 and I have yet to receive a refund as of 6-21-21. I have emailed customer service multiples times and only receive an automated reply, cannot get through to anyone when I call the customer service number. I am beyond upset that my refund has not been processed and the lack of response by Shoes.com.

Original review: June 19, 2021

For years, I have used this company to purchase shoes BUT something has happened in the past year to the validity and trust of Shoes.com. It is now impossible to obtain a return shipping label, customer is disconnected constantly with using the automated phone line, emails are never answered other than a form letter and it takes weeks to receive any purchase! Not the same company at all… Beware!!! I have reported this to BBB also which reveals hundreds of the same complaints!

Original review: June 17, 2021

Returned a pair of shoes and still haven't gotten a credit for them. Contacted their customer service by mail twice and got nonsensical form letters back. Tried calling several times only to wait on hold for a few minutes before being disconnected each time. Don't trust this company at all. At this point I will file a claim for the credit with VISA.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I have been shopping at this site for years, but lately their customer service has been deplorable. I am missing a pair of shoes from a shipment ordered a month ago, and despite multiple attempts to reach customer service via both email and telephone, I have received no response to my inquiries. When I am able to get through to the customer service number, I wait for many minutes on hold, only to be summarily disconnected. I will not be shopping at Shoes.com until the customer service issues are resolved.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I ordered my item on May 28th. Spent over $100 on a pair of shoes and there is zero tracking information whatsoever! I reached out to customer service and they girl replied once but then never again. She said I need to go online and track through their website. We'll I did that and there is no tracking information available. It's been almost a month and I have yet to receive anything.

Original review: June 10, 2021

Shoes.com initially appealed to me because of the price, as there was a Memorial Day sale. I have the shoes in a different color so I ordered them with relative confidence that the size would be right. However, I was wrong and I tried to get in touch with them by telephone. I called at least 50 times and got an answering machine saying to hold on that they are very busy, only to be disconnected. It seems like the only communication they have is through email and while I requested them to call me through email they continued to answer me and tell me to call their 800 number. Additionally I needed to return the shoes and couldn’t access their return label. Overall the customer service at Shoes.com is the worst online experience I have ever had. I will never shop there again and my two words for any new customers are “buyer beware”.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Hello. Don't buy any more shoes from this company. Since it has changed hands. Sent wrong shoes, not sure where from, not even the right shoe. Tried and tried to call, their phone disconnects. Not done professionally. Recording is hallow in background, this company is scamming you. Sent letters and several calls. This was a great company, until this year. There is just something off.

Original review: May 30, 2021

I wanted to return (or exchange) the shoes I bought because they didn't fit. I followed the instructions for a return label, and the message reads they are having technical difficulties, please try back. This has been for a month. When customer care was messaged, automated directions for returns (same as on website) were sent back. An attempt to call them got only a message to use their website due to high volume, then clicked off, without opportunity to leave a message. You can buy a pair of shoes but the ability to return or exchange is a total scam!! STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: May 27, 2021

I'm done with Shoes.com. I have purchased a pair of shoes/boots from them every couple of months for years. Since they have come under new ownership/management (?) in the new year, this company has gone downhill. They have no phone number to call to get help with problems with orders, just an email that you send messages to and never hear back from ever. Terrible. Online commerce requires good customer assistance. Bottom line.

Shoes.com Company Information