1.29/5

768 Shoes.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 8, 2019

I purchased two pairs of Converse. I returned them because they were too big. I received only one refund minus the restocking fee for my purchase. I called customer service. The lady was so rude and stated "well we did refund your money, you need to call your credit card company." I waited 3 days later and still no refund. I called again and talked to a gentleman and he was very helpful. He told me that they came from two different warehouses so I may have to wait a few more days to get my refund. I'll wait a few more days but I need my money returned ASAP.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Received a postcard from Shoes.com with Promo Code for "25% OFF*". It listed some exceptions like "previously purchased items", "participating brands only". On the back, it says in big letters "JUST FOR YOU 25% OFF* PLUS FREE SHIPPING, NO MINIMUM". Below that, it lists 9 brands with their official logos. I tried to order shoes from one of those brands. Surprise - no discount. From their customer service: "Most of our promotions have brand exclusions and are only available on participating brands." So, apparently, the brands they listed for 25% discount are actually excluded. That is fraud, plain and simple.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I purchased a pair of Dingo Men's Harness boots. They sent me the wrong style. I exchanged them and they sent me the SAME WRONG STYLE! Due to the restocking fee, I decided to keep them. Never buy again.

Original review: April 1, 2019

STAY AWAY! I have ordered Skechers ESD shoes from Shoes.com. It failed after 3 weeks and I could not wear them anymore at work so I returned. They sent back saying it cannot be returned as it already worn. Yes, it is worn, it is freaking shoes! And your item failed to perform what described in the product sales page. Yet you are not accepting return! WOW just WOW! I would never ever recommend anyone buying from you again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I ordered some Dr. Martens in a size 3y (US size). I receive a size 4. When I called to inform them I sent the boots back they said they sent the right size because it was a size 3 (in UK size). To top it off they say they're going to charge me 6.95 for their mistake of sending the wrong size...like seriously? I shop online 25/8 and never had this issue. This was the 1st and last time I shop from them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shoes.com?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I've been a customer for many years and my last order was sent to a five-year old address stored in their system.. I did not input that address for mailing this item so I'm not sure how it was sent there, but company claims I must have input the address. UPS couldn't try picking up the package since I didn't call, inquiring about its whereabouts until after five days, past their window for pickup. I called Shoes.com several times requesting that shoes be refunded or replaced but they refused claiming I was at fault.

You would think that the cost of losing a customer & other customers due to bad reviews would be greater than the cost of one pair of shoes, but I guess they don't see it that way. Just to add, they had one supervisor tell me I would be issued a refund just to blow me off, and when it didn't happen, I called again and another supervisor told me there would be no refund. I asked whether they really wanted to risk the bad press, but they didn't care. BTW, UPS says they come across situations all the time when items are sent to old addresses and companies always make good on it. Would never do business with Shoes.com again!!!!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a pair of Hunter boots and paid for 2 day shipping. After I submitted my payment info I received a confirmation telling me it could take 1-5 days to even ship my boots. I needed them in 2 days and that's what I paid for. I emailed customer service and received a standard explanation of how they would ship in 1-5 days. I chatted with a rep to try to cancel the order but there was no guarantee of that. I asked for my $10 shipping to be refunded since the site misled me. Nope. No refund. This place is a ripoff. Will never use again.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Would be nice if you got what you ordered. Don’t ever pay extra for shipping t. Been waiting days for my next day order and their site shows no signs of order but I’ve been billed even though it states we won’t be billed until shipped. Called, customer service is hard to understand and had no compassion. Said we would get email when it finally shipped. So still no shipment but she said she didn’t know if she could cancel the order and that “IF” she could I would get an email but if she couldn’t then I would be responsible for returning the product if or when I finally get it. Waste of $75!!! Worst customer service!!! PERIOD. I’m just to wait and wonder if I will get what I paid for!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I’ve purchased multiple pairs of shoes on this site. My shoe size is difficult to find, but they have always been able to accommodate me. When I’ve had to return the shoes or exchange them, Shoes.com have done so promptly. Quality has been great!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I ordered two pairs of shoes for my granddaughter at Christmas. They double shipped one of the shoes so I contacted them and sent the extra pair back. When my granddaughter saw the shoes she decided she wanted different ones, so I ordered the shoes she wanted and made arrangements to send the others back. Shoes.com received the returns three weeks ago, credited one pair and are reviewing the other pair {I don't know what for she didn't even try them on}. My order # is **. I spoke to Brandon today and was given the same runaround. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM SHOES.COM AGAIN. BUYER BEWARE. Shop 6pm.com instead.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered 3 pairs of shoes from shoes.com and they were too big so I went to the website and did an exchange for a smaller size. When you exchange it's the same as processing a new order - you have to pay for the shoes again and they send you a label for the return. After almost 2 weeks and several emails I was told I would not be getting a refund because I did not put the shoe boxes in a separate box, so the shoe boxes not the shoes were damaged so they could not resell them because they did not have an original shoe box. I told them since I've paid for the shoes I expect them back. We'll see if that happens. Right now I've basically paid for 3 shoe boxes. Even if they send these shoes back to me I have 3 pairs of shoes I can't wear because they're too big. I will never order from this company again. If I had read the reviews before I wouldn't have ordered to start with. I've learned an expensive lesson.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Placed an order on Feb 1st for work boots for my husband. Order confirmation says it will bill to my PayPal upon shipment. It bills out right away, but I don't get a shipping confirmation. By Feb 10th, I still have not received the shoes or a shipping confirmation and email Shoes.com. They email back that it is taking longer to process than usual and have to contact the manufacturer. I still get no further updates, so I email again on Feb 18th telling them to cancel the order immediately and refund the payment that they weren't supposed to take until the order shipped.

I basically get a reply back that they'll look into it but may not be able to cancel the order due to it already being transmitted to the warehouse. 'We cannot guarantee that your order will be cancelled'. Then I receive an order cancellation on Feb 19th and it credits back to my payment account on Feb 20th. So, I really just loaned them $100 to make interest off of me for most of February. Lesson learned: even if their website says 'in stock', it may not really be in stock.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I have purchased this exact boots previously. I found, what I thought to be, a great price for the exact pair of boots at Shoes.com. They sent me a knock off. The exterior of the boots said the brand (Baffin). The liner was completely inferior, and actually so was the exterior. I called Shoes.com customer service to return the boots. Because I wore them, they offered me a 30% refund! I explained that this is not the quality I have come to expect from this brand. Shoes.com lied to me and were stealing my money. Well, things did not go well from this point on in the conversation.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

Purchased a pair of shoes online and almost immediately decided I didn’t want them. (Husband and a friend both said they were ugly!) So I tried to cancel the order but had already received notification through email that they were shipping. I called customer service To request a return label. I sent the shoes back and waited Several days without hearing anything. Ultimately I called at least three times looking for information about my refund. I was told the warehouse was evaluating my return. I explained there was nothing to evaluate. The shoes never even came out of the box.

Ultimately I came home from work one day to find the shoes had been returned to me and we’re sitting on my front porch. Inside was a note saying that they could not be refunded because they have been worn and could not be resold!!!! I WAS TOTALLY FLOORED AND COMPLETELY LIVID!!! It was bad enough they were going to keep $6.95 for a restocking fee! But they flat out lied and committed fraud in order to keep my money. If you choose to do business with them, I strongly suggest using PayPal so that you have some kind of fire protection because you will need it.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

If I could give less than 1 star, I would. Purchased pair of shoes from the company. Shoes were not delivered. Upon investigation, found out they supposedly Had them delivered them to another address. Spent over an hour with representative from company to try and rectify issue. They refused to provide refund or replace the shoe order I never received. Never gave a clear and satisfactory response or reason why this could not be done. I now need to pay for shoes I never received and which may have been sent (questionable) to someone else. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Very poor and dishonest business practices. They are destroying their own company with the lies and deception. Do not waste your time and money at Shoes.com. You would be better off to try anywhere else or just throw your money in the trash. You will end up with a product you don't want or that does not fit. Or both.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

After reading so many negative reviews I panicked a little after just placing an order without reading an reviews first. Well I just received my Coat today in perfect condition and in less than two weeks. I saved over $40 compared to other sites and can’t beat the free shipping.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I ordered a pair of boots from Shoes.com. They arrived and were too big. I sent them back and exchanged for another pair. I was charged for the second pair prior to being refunded for the first. I never received a refund for the first pair as they said the shoes were worn and could not resale. That is a complete fabrication. The shoes were never even worn and now I am out the cost of the shoes which I cannot wear. I have been a loyal customer for many years and they did not care. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I purchase a pair of winter boots. They were cheap I admit but they had absolutely no support for my arch so I chose to return them. I followed their return procedure and got confirmation they had the shoes at their warehouse. I never received anything from them stating they had received them which is their stated process. After six business days, I sent an email asking about my refund. No response. I called two days later and talked to customer service. They said 5 more business days. No acknowledgment that it had already been 8.

Called on that fifth day and they said I would have a refund on the next business day by the end of the day. Instead a UPS box with the shoes showed up at my door with the shoes inside saying they couldn’t be returned because they had been worn and the soles were dirty. I literally wore them for less than five minutes on the carpet in the house. I am now pursuing through my credit card company because this is dishonest business. I will do everything I can to let others know before they have an issue like mine.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I ordered a pair of winter boots on Feb 5. It is Feb 18. I still haven't received them. UPS apparently lost them and was searching for them. I reached out to "customer support" via their support email at Shoes.com as I had ordered them for a specific date. I did not even receive so much as an automated response, nothing. Zero customer support. No boots. UPS apparently found my boots across the country and I'm apparently supposed to receive them on the 20th. The date I needed them has passed. Will not order through this company again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Over the years we have spent thousands of dollars on the Internet and never had an experience quite like this. This company should not be trusted and never used by any consumer. Will spare the details of hours of fighting by email and phone. Quite simply they sent a jacket that was almost $1000. It was clearly used and worn. They refused to send a new replacement or refund us. They basically robbed us. We are escalating now but such a awful company. Please listen to the many terrible reviews and never shop with this online company. You will regret it!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Don't bother. I tried to exchange some shoes because I had ordered the wrong size. I got no communication from them until I received a UPS package with the shoes returned to me because the original box was 'damaged and we are unable to resell'. The box was not damaged. I am now out $150 and have a pair of shoes no one in my house can wear. I will never order from them again. I would give them a zero if I could.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I do the majority of my apparel shopping online and this was by far my worst experience ever. This "company" is a complete scam!! I purchased a pair of Blundstones for my boyfriend for Christmas and I accidentally ordered a size 10 (not realizing they were in Australian sizes) when he needed a 9. So I exchange this pair for the 9 and everything is fine so far. Then I receive the size 9 pair and my boyfriend still is having trouble with the fit so we just decide to return them all together. I send the boots back on January 14th and they arrive at the warehouse on the 17th. Well two weeks later and I still received no update emails or my refund so I call the horrid customer service number and I'm told that the refund will appear in 3 to 5 days.

Okay, 5 days pass and I call back and of course, I'm frustrated but told the EXACT same thing about the refund happening in yet another three to five days and that they are behind from Christmas returns but I'm told I'll receive a confirmation email this time with 24 hours. What do ya know, I don't get any emails or my refund. Then earlier this week I received the SAME PAIR of size 9 shoes back on my doorstep and told they are nonreturnable due to "being worn" when they were only tried on inside my house!!! The tags are still attached!!! I'm beyond pissed off to say the least. Today on the phone I was told that they will review their return photos once more and contact me through email within two days but I won't hold my breath. Will have to list the boots on eBay if I want my money back. Seriously save your time and money and shop elsewhere. It's not worth the headache to save $20.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

On Sunday afternoon I ordered a pair of slippers for a friend who is in the hospital. I selected overnight shipping at a cost of $20 so I could get them as soon as possible. The company shipped them via UPS - another lousy company. I expected to receive the package on Tuesday. I checked the tracking number on Monday, and it indicated that UPS had only received the label, not the package.

I called Shoes.com and asked when I could expect to receive the package. The woman I spoke with told me “overnight” means after a “processing” time of 1 to 5 days. I told her no other company does that - overnight means you get the package the day after you order it. I asked her to refund the overnight shipping charge, and she refused. I talked to a manager who said I would receive the package on Tuesday. That was a lie. Then I tried to unsubscribe from their emails. The website was incomprehensible, so I had to call them again to have customer service unsubscribe me. Worst company ever. Don’t buy from Shoes.com.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I ordered snow boots. They arrived and 5 minutes later I was trying them on and the LEATHER shoelace broke. Customer service was rude, robotic and simply uninterested in the problem. Just kept repeating that they would have to "review the shoes at the warehouse." No idea still what that means. Oh and they want 6.95 for the return.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Do not buy from this company. Their return support is horrible and could care less about customer satisfaction. My wife tries to return a $115 pair of shoes and they wouldn't take them back. She paid to ship them, they sent them back without so much as a phone call. They were extremely rude people and do not respond to emails. You are better off buying direct from the source and cut out this horrible service middleman!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I ordered a pair of Old Friend Clog slippers and the cost was $69 (US).+ $25 (US) shipping. The slippers arrived C.O.D. by UPS. Shoes.com never mentioned on their site: Customs, Broker's Fee GST (provincial sales tax) on the slippers and Broker's Fee. the cost was $47. (CDN)= $35.55 (US). These $69 shoes cost me $170 (CDN)= $128 (US) I live in Canada. Nowhere on Shoes.com checkout page, there is any mention of Duty, Broker's Fee, Tax or C.O.D. The clogs are nice but not $170 nice. Anyone from Canada purchasing shoes from Shoes.com had better be beware of hidden costs and fees.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

If I can give this company 0 stars, I would. I purchased a pair of boots as a gift with the correct size. Shoes.com shipped me the wrong size in UK sizing. The shoes were then immediately returned. During the two weeks of not been issued a refund, a customer rep told me that "it was still processing." Shoes.com then returned the same pair of shoes (wrong size) again because the box that it was shipped it was so called "damaged." The box is nowhere near damage whatsoever. I just spoke with the manager John who refused to issue a refund. The only thing that he could come up with was a 10% discount. When I disagreed and asked them repeatedly to honor their refund policy John stated that he couldn't do anything and that he would give me a 30% discount.

I informed John that I ONLY wanted a refund and that the shoes have never been worn and that the box is not damaged at all. John still refuse to issue a refund and still stated that there is NOTHING that he could do. As a first time customer I am disappointed, disgusted and appalled at the audacity this business. I was advised manager Steven will be giving me a call in 48 hours. However based on previous reviews, this is NOT the first time that this company has done something like that.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I never got my shoes. Tracking order showed they were sent to the wrong address. The honest lady who lives there explained that she never got them even though UPS says they were delivered. Apparently, they were stolen off her porch. I am out $238.00 and shoes.com knows I never got them. They are a bunch of bullies who treat their customers terribly. Never buy from Shoes.com.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Order boots for my granddaughter. Paid for Next Day only to find out after the purchase that Next day IS NOT next day. Weeks more like it. You don't find out till after your purchase that it is going to take 1 to 5 days before they even ship (can take longer). Will NEVER purchase from this company again.

Shoes.com Company Information