3.9/5 (114 ratings)

About Boscov's

Boscov's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Original review: April 24, 2022

Store 72 in Newark Delaware convinced me to Never shop at this company again. I went buy some blouses and pants for spring. The first associate said I don’t speak no English and walked away. When I told her supervisor she acted like so what. The cashier was rude and disrespectful. I called corporate they were no help. The store manager said half the store called out so associates are just upset. She was even rude. She said we have several people that go speak no English. I am done with it them. They are the worse company in Delaware!

Original review: April 22, 2022

I ordered a comforter that was supposed to look like beige tweed for my rustic bedroom and what I received was a beige comforter with purple squares.... It's ugly and has ruined the look of my room.... They will not let me return it or give me a refund.... I do NOT recommended shopping at this deceitful company.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I ordered 7 fragile items online. It took WEEKS for the items to get to me. When they did, the outside shipping box was damaged. I noticed that the company cut down the sides of the box, which weakens the integrity. 2 of the items were damaged. I called in to the 800#. My first hold, approximately 5 min, was met with a customer service agent, who asked me all about me, the order, the problem, etc. Only to transfer me, which took 20 min for them to answer. When they did answer, I had to go through EVERYTHING again, as nothing transfers from the first agent.

I told them the problem and they informed me that their policy is that I will have to wait for THEM to receive reimbursement of the damaged items before they will ship me a replacement order. Unless I want to PAY for a new order PLUS shipping?!?! The box will not be claim settled by Fedex, as they cut down the sides of the box. The Supervisor of the agent came on and basically called me a liar, saying they would never do that and they need proof! I emailed the pictures, but at this point am not only out the Valentine's gift, but am out the money! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Ordered two tops, tried them on immediately, didn’t fit. Packing slip list an address to return to. No return label. Nothing provided to facilitate a return. Sent an email. No response. Called, 15 minutes later still no answer. Spent a lot of time over three days trying to contact this company. No way to contact them on the weekends. Took my package to UPS. To mail it back, $15.00. That’s about 35% of what I paid for the items. One of the worst experiences I’ve had with a company in a long, long time. Never again. I will do everything I can to tell anyone I know about this company and advising them to never buy from this company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Worst customer service I have ever encountered. Discovered that when you call customer service about credit card payments, you are actually talking to Comenity Bank, the credit card company. Is there a rating less than 1 star? Can I give a negative rating? I WILL NEVER GIVE BOSCOV'S ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Here is my story: In Sept 2020 I stopped by at Boscov's Optical in Media PA to purchase reading glasses. I admit, I was enticed by their advertisements of buy two pairs for $99.99. It was a big mistake… There is no such thing of 2 pairs for $99.99. It is a total scam. I figured that I would give it a try, I ordered two reading pairs and two sunglass pairs. I paid for expedited shipping so I can get them early. Again a big mistake. One of the pairs took over 5 weeks to get in. I was not refunded the money as COVID was the blame. So in October 2020 one pair came in and it had the wrong frame. They sent it back and few more weeks pass by and I am getting the pair just to realize the glasses I received weren't mine.

They reprocessed the order and few more weeks later and by now it's January 2021 the glasses arrive however they do not have my prescription strength. Once again they returned them back and this time it came with a different frame. At this point one of the pairs worked fine so I gave up trying to address the issue of the other three pairs.

Sometimes early spring, I noticed they changed managers so I tried once again to address the other three pairs that are not mine (or at least they have wrong prescription strengths). All these three pairs are blurry and I cannot use. So the new manager reluctantly took them in and has processed them again. Same results. I cannot use them, blurry again. So I gave up until today Aug 2021, almost a year later and since I have warranty I figured I will try once again.

This time, the same manager told me categorically that nothing can be done. He cannot help me. Furthermore the manager said that all these times, Boscov's was trying to accommodate me and perhaps I am the one to be blamed here. He even eluded that perhaps I am the one that changed the prescription. Ironically I think they have a copy of my original one dated August 2020 which is still valid. All be aware. Boscov's at Granite Mall has one of the worst customer service and they don’t deserve our business. Please try your business elsewhere. I know, I will.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a very beautiful wall clock, for a much lower price than I see in other department stores, or hardware stores. When I unboxed the clock, I understood the low price; the clock is damaged, but working perfectly, the damage is difficult to see. Do I return this for a replacement? Not worth the time or cost. The clock matches my home's decor perfectly; so, why exchange it?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Boscov's typically has a good selection of footwear for men & women. Love that I am able to easily return any that do not fit or I do not care for directly without hassle to the store!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased items online from Boscov’s. I wanted to exchange a pair of shoes because of size. I called Boscov’s to get a prepaid return label which their policy said return shipping would be waived if you called them. When I called I was told to return shoes to a Boscov’s store or return at my expense & reorder proper size. That would mean I would have to reorder & pay the shipping fee unless I ordered more items totaling $59 to get free shipping. What a racket!! I love Boscov’s but will think twice before ordering online again!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I went shopping with a friend of mine last night. We were in the shoe department making our final purchases. The lady would not accept my friend's signed, credit card without an ID. I do believe this is because we are **. In my many years of shopping, this has never been a problem. She acted like we were common thieves. Will not be shopping at Boscov's again. The items my friend purchased, prior to this incident will be returned today!

Boscov's author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

Boscov's Company Information