3.4/5 (348 ratings)

About Boscov's

Boscov's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Was contemplating an online order...Went to Review Order Page but found a better price on a different website but was somehow still charged by Boscov's despite not actually submitting the order. Called customer service and they basically said that this is normal practices and I should expect my money back in 3-5 days. WTH? No other company in this country actually takes your money BEFORE submitting an order. Now, I'm forced to use MORE money to buy what I wanted from the other website. This is the shadiest experience I've had with an online retailer. I will NEVER attempt to order anything from this place....EVER AGAIN. It's now evident why their customer experience ratings are so low.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

Store staff were very difficult about returning an item without receipt. I was offered return for store credit (after I had to repeatedly ask about the store’s return policy if you didn’t have the receipt). Originally I was told I would receive lowest price item ringing up was $19.10 but oddly when they scanned the item for store credit it rang up as .99 cents for an item originally marked $49.99. This struck me as very odd as just a few minutes prior the item rang up at $19.10. This was a 2 piece trademarked Dr. Seuss pajama set with tags. Sales desk clerk insulted me by saying they no longer had any in stock in the store and the item could have been purchased from last year. Entire experience was insulting and a waste of my time.

The product purchased had an inferior seam fall apart on the pant leg the very first time it was worn for a work theme party. It was embarrassing and clearly a very poorly made product. Boscov's is clearly not concerned with customer service, standing behind quality of merchandise they sell, or maintaining return policies similar to other large chain department stores. Very disappointed with this entire experience. Although I am certain my husband paid more than $19.10 for this product, I would’ve been fine with that credit, however these switch to 99 cents was suspicious and questionable business practice,

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I bought KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 10pc. Stainless Steel Cookware Set online via PayPal for $79.75. They took the money and a few days later I get an email they canceled my order. I went and looked to see if they didn’t have it anymore and they are selling it now for $169.99. What a scumbag thing to do. I will never shop at Boscov’s ever again!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

We have shopped at Boscov's for the last 4 years since we moved to Ballston Spa, NY. My husband is a veteran and we were told that they had a veteran's discount at their store. We were also told that I, his wife, could take advantage of their sales. My daughter also used his veteran's discount and "thanks for your service" always followed our exchanges. Today, I went to Boscov's in Clifton Park. My husband recently had knee replacement surgery and was unable to travel so he gave me his card. The manager, so she said, told me I could not use his card today. I'm in my mid-70's and drove from Ballston Spa to Clifton Park to shop there. I asked to speak to the manager and she said she was it. I couldn't use it. She was rude and dismissive. I was shocked. For the last 4 years, I had used it. We only went to Clifton Park 3 times a year so it wasn't like we overused it. I will never return to Boscov's after this experience.

Original review: April 24, 2022

Store 72 in Newark Delaware convinced me to Never shop at this company again. I went buy some blouses and pants for spring. The first associate said I don’t speak no English and walked away. When I told her supervisor she acted like so what. The cashier was rude and disrespectful. I called corporate they were no help. The store manager said half the store called out so associates are just upset. She was even rude. She said we have several people that go speak no English. I am done with it them. They are the worse company in Delaware!

Original review: April 22, 2022

I ordered a comforter that was supposed to look like beige tweed for my rustic bedroom and what I received was a beige comforter with purple squares.... It's ugly and has ruined the look of my room.... They will not let me return it or give me a refund.... I do NOT recommended shopping at this deceitful company.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I ordered 7 fragile items online. It took WEEKS for the items to get to me. When they did, the outside shipping box was damaged. I noticed that the company cut down the sides of the box, which weakens the integrity. 2 of the items were damaged. I called in to the 800#. My first hold, approximately 5 min, was met with a customer service agent, who asked me all about me, the order, the problem, etc. Only to transfer me, which took 20 min for them to answer. When they did answer, I had to go through EVERYTHING again, as nothing transfers from the first agent.

I told them the problem and they informed me that their policy is that I will have to wait for THEM to receive reimbursement of the damaged items before they will ship me a replacement order. Unless I want to PAY for a new order PLUS shipping?!?! The box will not be claim settled by Fedex, as they cut down the sides of the box. The Supervisor of the agent came on and basically called me a liar, saying they would never do that and they need proof! I emailed the pictures, but at this point am not only out the Valentine's gift, but am out the money! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY ON THIS COMPANY! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Ordered two tops, tried them on immediately, didn’t fit. Packing slip list an address to return to. No return label. Nothing provided to facilitate a return. Sent an email. No response. Called, 15 minutes later still no answer. Spent a lot of time over three days trying to contact this company. No way to contact them on the weekends. Took my package to UPS. To mail it back, $15.00. That’s about 35% of what I paid for the items. One of the worst experiences I’ve had with a company in a long, long time. Never again. I will do everything I can to tell anyone I know about this company and advising them to never buy from this company.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Worst customer service I have ever encountered. Discovered that when you call customer service about credit card payments, you are actually talking to Comenity Bank, the credit card company. Is there a rating less than 1 star? Can I give a negative rating? I WILL NEVER GIVE BOSCOV'S ANOTHER DIME OF MY MONEY.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Here is my story: In Sept 2020 I stopped by at Boscov's Optical in Media PA to purchase reading glasses. I admit, I was enticed by their advertisements of buy two pairs for $99.99. It was a big mistake… There is no such thing of 2 pairs for $99.99. It is a total scam. I figured that I would give it a try, I ordered two reading pairs and two sunglass pairs. I paid for expedited shipping so I can get them early. Again a big mistake. One of the pairs took over 5 weeks to get in. I was not refunded the money as COVID was the blame. So in October 2020 one pair came in and it had the wrong frame. They sent it back and few more weeks pass by and I am getting the pair just to realize the glasses I received weren't mine.

They reprocessed the order and few more weeks later and by now it's January 2021 the glasses arrive however they do not have my prescription strength. Once again they returned them back and this time it came with a different frame. At this point one of the pairs worked fine so I gave up trying to address the issue of the other three pairs.

Sometimes early spring, I noticed they changed managers so I tried once again to address the other three pairs that are not mine (or at least they have wrong prescription strengths). All these three pairs are blurry and I cannot use. So the new manager reluctantly took them in and has processed them again. Same results. I cannot use them, blurry again. So I gave up until today Aug 2021, almost a year later and since I have warranty I figured I will try once again.

This time, the same manager told me categorically that nothing can be done. He cannot help me. Furthermore the manager said that all these times, Boscov's was trying to accommodate me and perhaps I am the one to be blamed here. He even eluded that perhaps I am the one that changed the prescription. Ironically I think they have a copy of my original one dated August 2020 which is still valid. All be aware. Boscov's at Granite Mall has one of the worst customer service and they don’t deserve our business. Please try your business elsewhere. I know, I will.

Boscov's author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

Boscov's Company Information