2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.63/5

Boscov's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Many of us seniors LOVE OUR BOSCOV'S stores! Boscov's offers varied and quality merchandise at very affordable prices, far below that of other department stores. Everything we need for our personal clothing needs, housewares and home furnishings, decor items and culinary items can be found. Their sales and special purchases are unbeatable. Friendly and courteous service associates, with no hassle returns is a huge plus!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I placed an order for 6 pair of the same style socks. Confirmation order was received & my credit card was charged for 6 pair of socks. Bag received with one pair of socks. No notice included indicating partial shipment. Email notice for Boscov...ORDER completed. Four over 45 minute calls to customer service only to be disconnect after 45 minutes. Sent email citing shortage of 5 pairs of socks. With computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs which never happened. Second shipment with 3 pair of socks again no enclosed notice as to when the remaining 2 pairs would be received. Order Completed. Another email from Boscov ORDER COMPLETED. Unbelievable!!! I sent an email asking for a refund for the 2 pair of socks. Again computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs. Again it has not happened. This company should be investigated.

Get expert buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

These ** should be kicked out of business right away. Bought two slippers with them. The size chart says M for US 8.5-9.5. When it comes it is only less than US7. Super small and unable to wear. Also it takes three weeks to arrive. First item to order in Thanksgiving but last item to receive.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Ordered work shoes online from Boscov's last Friday. Paid $9.95 to ship them as we didn't hit the minimum order for free shipping. Got an email with a tracking number. Tried tracking Sat, then Sun, then Mon. Said status pending. Called to find out what was going on. Was told that Fedex doesn't pick up until Monday. I asked what Fedex shipping method they used. Was told Standard. There is no Fedex Standard. I asked if it that meant 2 day; they didn't know. They told me to track it again on Tuesday. I did. It said delivery Friday. 8 DAYS after I placed the order. They didn't have his size in the local store. I would have been better off just driving an hour away to get them at another store. Not shopping online with Boscov's again ever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I will admit that I had a good experience purchasing my son's homecoming suit in the Camp Hill store. The sales associate was helpful and patient. She asked if I wanted to save money by opening a Boscov's charge. I did with every intention of paying it off before interest accrued. I received a bill and set my auto billpay to pay it from my back. My bank sent it six days in advance of the due date. I pay all my bills this way and and I never have a problem.

I get a bill this month showing a charge of 31.87 cents. They claim they received it late and charged me a late fee along with interest. I called in and was told that it takes 7-10 business days for anything to process through them. Whoa. So, I paid the bill and closed my account. It's a shame because I was hoping this would be my new go-to store, but the rep would not even consider removing the charge. So, if you get a credit card, pay it IMMEDIATELY and not anywhere close to the due date. They got my %off from opening the charge and then some. Smart!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Boscov's is a greedy company that cares nothing about anyone except for spending their money. The Christianna store in De has a bunch of ** kiss ** who will step and say what they because they know corporate will back them up as long as they meet their sales quota. BOB hung the phone up on me after I made the complain and then wished me well as if my concern wasn’t an issue. # the worse treatment ever in my boscov's days. Management IN DE is terrible. It looks as if all management is ex addicts, welfare recipients and trash!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

Boscovs has really missed the boat on customer service, you practically have to beg an employee to help you, it's like this every time I go in there. Online orders are worse. The wait is endless. Wish the managers would help their untrained staff. They are never around.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Their items are extensively included their very low prices. The only interference would include very terrible & improper items being included, that unfortunately causes minor interference with their customers.

Original review: July 5, 2019

My mother bought a mattress from them. They said free delivery and free removal of old mattress so we said great. All I was interested in was the removal of the old mattress that way I don't have to deal with it. It is now a week later and they showed up, dropped off the new one and said they can't take the old one. My mother put a sealed up bag over the old one as a courtesy. It's not a bad mattress. She was just being nice because she figured nobody wants to go moving someone's old mattress.

If I would have known that they have "the right to refuse pick-up" I would have just put her new bed in my truck a week ago and set it up for her. Their delivery driver chose to be lazy and when I called to complain they told me it must have stains and that's why he didn't take it. When I replied that there was a sealed bag and asked how they would have known there was stains she couldn't answer but still believed that must be the answer. Being lazy is no excuse for not doing the job someone paid you to do. Boscov's is a joke when it comes to customer service.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Avoid Boscov's for mattress purchases. They do not allow returns, only exchanges. There are retailers like Raymore and Flanigan or Mattress Firm that have similar (and better selection), offer the same experience with free delivery, free disposal, but also allow returns. Boscov's credit is inferior too. They offer 36-month financing, but base your payments on 5% of your outstanding balance, not your balanced paid equally over 36 months. Poor or no response from management compounds the bad experience.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Boscov's expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

• Best for: Boscov’s has shoes for adults and children and is best for those who live in the mid-Atlantic region and/or wear hard-to-find sizes.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team