2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

4.1/5 (91 ratings)

About Boscov's

Boscov's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a very beautiful wall clock, for a much lower price than I see in other department stores, or hardware stores. When I unboxed the clock, I understood the low price; the clock is damaged, but working perfectly, the damage is difficult to see. Do I return this for a replacement? Not worth the time or cost. The clock matches my home's decor perfectly; so, why exchange it?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased items online from Boscov’s. I wanted to exchange a pair of shoes because of size. I called Boscov’s to get a prepaid return label which their policy said return shipping would be waived if you called them. When I called I was told to return shoes to a Boscov’s store or return at my expense & reorder proper size. That would mean I would have to reorder & pay the shipping fee unless I ordered more items totaling $59 to get free shipping. What a racket!! I love Boscov’s but will think twice before ordering online again!

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 22, 2020

I went shopping with a friend of mine last night. We were in the shoe department making our final purchases. The lady would not accept my friend's signed, credit card without an ID. I do believe this is because we are **. In my many years of shopping, this has never been a problem. She acted like we were common thieves. Will not be shopping at Boscov's again. The items my friend purchased, prior to this incident will be returned today!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Always have the shoes that I like. Always have the wallet that I need. Also in a convenient location from my home. Always have sales person available when checking out. Sales are terrific. Much lower than any other store around....

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Many of us seniors LOVE OUR BOSCOV'S stores! Boscov's offers varied and quality merchandise at very affordable prices, far below that of other department stores. Everything we need for our personal clothing needs, housewares and home furnishings, decor items and culinary items can be found. Their sales and special purchases are unbeatable. Friendly and courteous service associates, with no hassle returns is a huge plus!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I placed an order for 6 pair of the same style socks. Confirmation order was received & my credit card was charged for 6 pair of socks. Bag received with one pair of socks. No notice included indicating partial shipment. Email notice for Boscov...ORDER completed. Four over 45 minute calls to customer service only to be disconnect after 45 minutes. Sent email citing shortage of 5 pairs of socks. With computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs which never happened. Second shipment with 3 pair of socks again no enclosed notice as to when the remaining 2 pairs would be received. Order Completed. Another email from Boscov ORDER COMPLETED. Unbelievable!!! I sent an email asking for a refund for the 2 pair of socks. Again computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs. Again it has not happened. This company should be investigated.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

These ** should be kicked out of business right away. Bought two slippers with them. The size chart says M for US 8.5-9.5. When it comes it is only less than US7. Super small and unable to wear. Also it takes three weeks to arrive. First item to order in Thanksgiving but last item to receive.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Ordered work shoes online from Boscov's last Friday. Paid $9.95 to ship them as we didn't hit the minimum order for free shipping. Got an email with a tracking number. Tried tracking Sat, then Sun, then Mon. Said status pending. Called to find out what was going on. Was told that Fedex doesn't pick up until Monday. I asked what Fedex shipping method they used. Was told Standard. There is no Fedex Standard. I asked if it that meant 2 day; they didn't know. They told me to track it again on Tuesday. I did. It said delivery Friday. 8 DAYS after I placed the order. They didn't have his size in the local store. I would have been better off just driving an hour away to get them at another store. Not shopping online with Boscov's again ever.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I will admit that I had a good experience purchasing my son's homecoming suit in the Camp Hill store. The sales associate was helpful and patient. She asked if I wanted to save money by opening a Boscov's charge. I did with every intention of paying it off before interest accrued. I received a bill and set my auto billpay to pay it from my back. My bank sent it six days in advance of the due date. I pay all my bills this way and and I never have a problem.

I get a bill this month showing a charge of 31.87 cents. They claim they received it late and charged me a late fee along with interest. I called in and was told that it takes 7-10 business days for anything to process through them. Whoa. So, I paid the bill and closed my account. It's a shame because I was hoping this would be my new go-to store, but the rep would not even consider removing the charge. So, if you get a credit card, pay it IMMEDIATELY and not anywhere close to the due date. They got my %off from opening the charge and then some. Smart!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Boscov's is a greedy company that cares nothing about anyone except for spending their money. The Christianna store in De has a bunch of ** kiss ** who will step and say what they because they know corporate will back them up as long as they meet their sales quota. BOB hung the phone up on me after I made the complain and then wished me well as if my concern wasn’t an issue. # the worse treatment ever in my boscov's days. Management IN DE is terrible. It looks as if all management is ex addicts, welfare recipients and trash!!

Boscov's author review by ConsumerAffairs

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team