2. Shopping
  3. Retail Stores

3.9/5 (178 ratings)

About Boscov's

Boscov's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Here is my story: In Sept 2020 I stopped by at Boscov's Optical in Media PA to purchase reading glasses. I admit, I was enticed by their advertisements of buy two pairs for $99.99. It was a big mistake… There is no such thing of 2 pairs for $99.99. It is a total scam. I figured that I would give it a try, I ordered two reading pairs and two sunglass pairs. I paid for expedited shipping so I can get them early. Again a big mistake. One of the pairs took over 5 weeks to get in. I was not refunded the money as COVID was the blame. So in October 2020 one pair came in and it had the wrong frame. They sent it back and few more weeks pass by and I am getting the pair just to realize the glasses I received weren't mine.

They reprocessed the order and few more weeks later and by now it's January 2021 the glasses arrive however they do not have my prescription strength. Once again they returned them back and this time it came with a different frame. At this point one of the pairs worked fine so I gave up trying to address the issue of the other three pairs.

Sometimes early spring, I noticed they changed managers so I tried once again to address the other three pairs that are not mine (or at least they have wrong prescription strengths). All these three pairs are blurry and I cannot use. So the new manager reluctantly took them in and has processed them again. Same results. I cannot use them, blurry again. So I gave up until today Aug 2021, almost a year later and since I have warranty I figured I will try once again.

This time, the same manager told me categorically that nothing can be done. He cannot help me. Furthermore the manager said that all these times, Boscov's was trying to accommodate me and perhaps I am the one to be blamed here. He even eluded that perhaps I am the one that changed the prescription. Ironically I think they have a copy of my original one dated August 2020 which is still valid. All be aware. Boscov's at Granite Mall has one of the worst customer service and they don’t deserve our business. Please try your business elsewhere. I know, I will.

Original review: March 26, 2021

I purchased a very beautiful wall clock, for a much lower price than I see in other department stores, or hardware stores. When I unboxed the clock, I understood the low price; the clock is damaged, but working perfectly, the damage is difficult to see. Do I return this for a replacement? Not worth the time or cost. The clock matches my home's decor perfectly; so, why exchange it?

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Boscov's typically has a good selection of footwear for men & women. Love that I am able to easily return any that do not fit or I do not care for directly without hassle to the store!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

I purchased items online from Boscov’s. I wanted to exchange a pair of shoes because of size. I called Boscov’s to get a prepaid return label which their policy said return shipping would be waived if you called them. When I called I was told to return shoes to a Boscov’s store or return at my expense & reorder proper size. That would mean I would have to reorder & pay the shipping fee unless I ordered more items totaling $59 to get free shipping. What a racket!! I love Boscov’s but will think twice before ordering online again!

Original review: July 22, 2020

I went shopping with a friend of mine last night. We were in the shoe department making our final purchases. The lady would not accept my friend's signed, credit card without an ID. I do believe this is because we are **. In my many years of shopping, this has never been a problem. She acted like we were common thieves. Will not be shopping at Boscov's again. The items my friend purchased, prior to this incident will be returned today!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Always have the shoes that I like. Always have the wallet that I need. Also in a convenient location from my home. Always have sales person available when checking out. Sales are terrific. Much lower than any other store around....

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

Many of us seniors LOVE OUR BOSCOV'S stores! Boscov's offers varied and quality merchandise at very affordable prices, far below that of other department stores. Everything we need for our personal clothing needs, housewares and home furnishings, decor items and culinary items can be found. Their sales and special purchases are unbeatable. Friendly and courteous service associates, with no hassle returns is a huge plus!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I placed an order for 6 pair of the same style socks. Confirmation order was received & my credit card was charged for 6 pair of socks. Bag received with one pair of socks. No notice included indicating partial shipment. Email notice for Boscov...ORDER completed. Four over 45 minute calls to customer service only to be disconnect after 45 minutes. Sent email citing shortage of 5 pairs of socks. With computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs which never happened. Second shipment with 3 pair of socks again no enclosed notice as to when the remaining 2 pairs would be received. Order Completed. Another email from Boscov ORDER COMPLETED. Unbelievable!!! I sent an email asking for a refund for the 2 pair of socks. Again computer generated response that I would be contacted in 24 hrs. Again it has not happened. This company should be investigated.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

These ** should be kicked out of business right away. Bought two slippers with them. The size chart says M for US 8.5-9.5. When it comes it is only less than US7. Super small and unable to wear. Also it takes three weeks to arrive. First item to order in Thanksgiving but last item to receive.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

Ordered work shoes online from Boscov's last Friday. Paid $9.95 to ship them as we didn't hit the minimum order for free shipping. Got an email with a tracking number. Tried tracking Sat, then Sun, then Mon. Said status pending. Called to find out what was going on. Was told that Fedex doesn't pick up until Monday. I asked what Fedex shipping method they used. Was told Standard. There is no Fedex Standard. I asked if it that meant 2 day; they didn't know. They told me to track it again on Tuesday. I did. It said delivery Friday. 8 DAYS after I placed the order. They didn't have his size in the local store. I would have been better off just driving an hour away to get them at another store. Not shopping online with Boscov's again ever.

Boscov's author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

Boscov's Company Information