Boscov's

• 0%
  • 12%
  • 65%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boscov's?

Reviewed July 13, 2024

Shopping here is a joy every time. The staff are incredibly kind and helpful. I am very satisfied with my purchase and the overall service. I highly recommend Boscov's to anyone looking for quality shoes.

Reviewed June 23, 2024

I would never order from Boscov's for pick up at store ever again. It has been 2 days and my small order of 2 items is still not ready. Had I known it would have taken this long I would have shopped somewhere else.

Get buying tips about Retail Stores and Shopping delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Price

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Horrible company to do business with. What a nightmare. I paid off the account and they are so desperate to keep charging for nothing. Steer clear of their cheap overpriced merchandise. It's not worth it.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed May 8, 2024

They do a good job by keeping their price down but once the purchase was made, you're stuck with it. The dimensions didn't match what was advertised online. Went to UPS to return, the return cost was on me, they don't pay for it. Customer service has no clue what the return address needs to be. The address they gave me is non existing. I emailed them 4 days ago and no response. I will stick with Amazon that honors their returns and shopping at the store where I know what I get and I can return anytime at no additional cost. Boscov online shopping is a joke.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 13, 2024

We picked up a heavy duty recliner for a friend that has dementia. I picked it up at the Boscov's Plymouth meeting store, the young gentleman was very helpful in getting it into my truck. We purchased the 5-year warranty, and within a week there was an issue with the motor. We are not completely sure if it was error on our friend's part in the way she operated it but called customer service to get a motor. I believe the woman's name was Jeannie, she was the best, so helpful and resolved the issue immediately. I was able to pick up another chair in exchange the next day. She offered to deliver it as a courtesy. It's so rare to have a customer service agent that cares like she did.

Reviewed April 11, 2024

I would rate them zero stars if I could. I bought a pair of sneakers online. They sent me a totally different pair from what is pictured. In the photo attached you can see that brown and white shoes were ordered. They sent completely white shoes of a different style. For me to return them I need to pay the return shipping. There is no store anywhere near where I live. They are very misleading and deceptive and refuse to admit their mistake. I’ve read many other reviews of them also sending the wrong item. Do not buy anything online from them!

Verified purchase

Reviewed March 27, 2024

Like many others, I was TRIPLE charged for an item I ordered. Two charges were posted to my PayPal account before I actually placed the order. The Boscov's chat agent advised "I see that you ran all three attempts at placing an order through Paypal. Those attempts needs to be cleared off your account or updated with Paypal customer service team at 1.888.221.1161." PayPal is saying that the merchant needs to cancel the transactions on their end. I am asking the Boscov's chat agent to stay connected until this is resolved.

Reviewed Jan. 17, 2024

There are so many sales desks for there to me -2 employees. They are nowhere to be found. I have to all around the store to find someone that works there, finally I gave up and went to check myself out and I can’t even scan my things because the place to scan is so small. I’m almost done and then it says I need an employee to check one of my items, how am I supposed to do that when no one is around?? There are two people working at the help desk both helping one person so I say I need assistance and the one lady is like “I can’t do that” like do you work here or not? So I wait for both of them to finish the one person instead of the one that can actually do their job to come over and the other to finish helping the person I have to wait and all they had to do was type a number in, no security tags or nothing. I like Boscovs and their things they sell but this is ridiculous trying to check out.

Reviewed Dec. 6, 2023

Hello everyone. If you don't mind buying things that have no warranty then by all means go ahead and get your glasses at Boscov's. I made the mistake of making an assumption that if you buy a pair of glasses you have some kind of warranty. I just purchased a nice new set of glasses, less than 2 months ago, with polycarbonate lenses that are supposed to come with scratch resistant coating. I've had glasses all my life and I have dropped them before. These ones fell off my truck seat onto my floor mat and immediately scratched so I took them back to Boscov's only to be told there is no warranty unless you purchase it separately which I was not advised of when I bought the glasses.

Then the guy told me he could sell me the warranty now and we can turn your glasses in. I ask how much it was he said $25. I said, "That's good. Let's do that." He said, "You also have to pay 20% of the lenses." My lenses were $65 so I figured 12 bucks not a problem. Then he advised me that I have to pay 20% of the retail price of the lenses which was $480. I told him he was a crook and I left. They will never get my business again. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Reviewed Nov. 5, 2023

Placed an order online. I open the box and the wrong item is in the box. The correct packing slip for my order is in the box but I ordered a Christmas decoration and received a set of cooking pots. Clearly they have a quality control issue. I then attempt send an online response to them using their web interface. Think they have it setup for online orders, think again. I have to pick a store. Same is true if you call them, pick a store. I didn't order from a specific store, I ordered online!

They are more concerned with getting the item back than getting me the item I ordered. It's a Sunday and they don't know if any management is around. They delivered on a Sunday but can't address customer issues on a Sunday? Talked to a manager on the phone for internet services and she just kept talking over me. Would not listen to the customer. It was her way or the highway! I took the highway, I asked for a full refund asap! I will never will do business with this place again. I recommend others do the same.

Boscov's author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Boscov’s is a regional department store operating primarily in Pennsylvania and the mid-Atlantic region. Boscov’s also has an online store that ships nationwide. The chain sells home goods and clothes, accessories and shoes for women, men and children.

• Special promotions: Boscov’s website regularly features special sales and promotions for budget-conscious consumers.

• Size options: Hard-to-fit customers can find many options on Boscov’s website. Hundreds of options are available for each women’s size from 3 to 12, and many special widths are available in each size.

• Store locations: Boscov’s customers can return merchandise to any of the chain’s department stores. This option makes returns simple.

• Online exclusives: Boscov’s website stocks many styles that are not available in stores. Consumers who have difficulty finding their size may have much better luck on the company’s website.

Boscov's Company Information