3.23/5
Based on 1,202 ratings submitted in the last year

1734 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I am exceptionally happy with ProFlowers! My twin daughters had ordered 1 dozen roses for me for Mother's Day!! I was delighted when they came! When I opened the box, the roses were beautiful, but 1 of the red roses was totally destroyed. I followed the instructions, and put the other 11 roses in a container that I had in my kitchen. I took a picture and sent a copy to both of my daughters. 1 of my daughters asked about the vase that was included with the flowers; I told her that there was no vase in the box and that 1 of the flowers was totally destroyed. I suggested that maybe she should call ProFlowers about this.

The company was awesome!! They told my daughter that they would re-send another dozen roses; I thought that was very nice of them. When the 2nd dozen of roses arrived, they were more beautiful than even the 1st dozen had been, and there was a vase included!! All of the roses were intact, and they looked so beautiful in the vase. I was very, very happy; they even dried beautifully!!! My feeling is that ProFlowers is a very good company to do business with. Thank you ProFlowers!

Original review: May 10, 2019

My son sent me flowers for Mother's Day. While I greatly appreciated them, they arrived wilted. I followed the instructions that came in the box. I cut 1" of the ends off, placed them in fresh water with the flower food that was provided, but some of the flowers did not bloom all the way and some were wilted. I decided to call ProFlowers to let them know I wasn't happy with the flowers because they were wilted. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I know my son must have spent a good deal of money on them and I hated to see all that money go to waste.

I must say that the customer service was great. They apologised and offered to send out replacement flowers, but I declined and asked that they credit my son back for his purchase. He lives in Ohio and I'm in Florida. I'm pretty sure the reason they came wilted is it's very hot here and I think the flowers were probably left on the delivery truck all day. I didn't get the flowers until after 8 p.m. Even after giving them a full day to spruce up, they never really did. I figured the same thing would happen if I had them redelivered in this heat. They came with a beautiful vase, so I have that as a keepsake. Even though the flowers were wilted, I would still use ProFlowers because of their professionalism at handling my situation. My son has sent me flowers from this company before and they arrived in very nice condition, so I'm sure this time was a fluke. I can say that the flowers and the vase always comes packaged nicely.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have purchased flowers for my mother several times in the last five years. I mistakenly tried the other guys (1800–) And inevitably the delivery was late or canceled with no notification. Not with ProFlowers! Everything is perfect. The delivery is only $12! What? Yes you read that right. Everyone else is $30-$40. My grandmother, Rose, passed away on Saturday. On Saturday night I ordered a dozen blue moon roses because my mother’s favorite color was blue. She receive them Monday morning. The total was $45. For a dozen long stem yet to be bloomed amazing VIBRANT blue roses and glass vase.

So I ordered two more to each go to my aunts. Everyone was in tears. And every time you order, you get 25% off the next order! I haven’t read any of the bad reviews but I’m guessing people will find anything to complain about and people never leave good reviews. Well I’m leaving a good review because these guys blow the competitors away and product and service and price.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Personally, I don't trust five-star reviews, but I believe ProFlowers has earned it. No company is perfect. ProFlowers may have fallen short for some customers in the past, but this is about the way things are today. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. There was a problem with my order, and ProFlowers went out of its way to make things right. Seriously, it was one of those moments where you think, "Whoa...I didn't realize companies were like this anymore." Their efforts restored my faith in online ordering. I think a lot of company reviews are biased toward the negative, because people who receive decent customer service don't bother to write reviews. So take what you read with a grain of salt, and give this company the benefit of the doubt. I'm a tough customer to please, but I will definitely be buying from ProFlowers again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I use ProFlowers a lot through the year to send to my parents who live far away. Usually the flowers are always beautiful and last for a long time. My most recent order, however, the flowers came and some were broken and it was nothing like the full, bright bouquet I ordered. I called ProFlowers to let them know and they offered me a few different options for how they could make up for this mistake. The representative apologized to me (a few times) and I felt the whole situation was handled quickly, professionally, and guaranteed that they keep my business. This is how good businesses run. I'm a business owner myself and nothing makes me happier than a big company really showing they value their customers. Mistakes happen for sure, but it's how they are handled that makes the difference.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: June 14, 2019

Ordered flowers for a most beloved friends 90th birthday. At 1:30 on the day they were supposed to be delivered they sent an email saying they were cancelling because they could not provide the flowers ordered. No call, no offer for a substitute. Didn’t see the message till 330 too late to do anything. Words can not convey how upset I am. Totally ruined this very special day/gift. The worst.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I ordered flowers for a friend two weeks in advance for the anniversary of her baby's death. ProFlowers waited until the afternoon the day of to email me that they couldn't do the delivery. It will now cost me double to have another more competent company do day-of delivery.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I placed an order on May 29 for a June 7 delivery to a cousin. I have used ProFlowers many times but they dropped the ball this time and very shamefully. Other experiences have ranged from acceptable to excellent. I was surprised to not hear from my cousin on the 7th so that evening I looked up the order to track it and found NOTHING. I called and they had a hard time. Eventually I was told that they cancelled the order because they were out of the orchids. Well how about a call to me to replace it with another flower!!! They said they sent an email cancelling the order (the day before it was to have been delivered). We all carry our emails with us on our phones so I said, no. No such email was received. But perhaps it went to junk. So I checked. Nothing.

I said, "Well how about you get the flowers by Sunday. Her actual birthday." I was told I would receive a call within two business days. This is Crazy. I placed an order a week ahead for a deluxe bouquet and they manage to make it impossible to send a surprise. No thank you. A $25 coupon for a future order isn't acceptable. It is also not acceptable to have management call me within two business days. Well after the event. My cousin will receive money for a facial and I will order at a local florist in the future.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I am annoyed that a pop-up appeared during an order process for a totally different item. This is an irritation and will be remembered next time I am ordering flowers. While I have found your service great, it is way overpriced.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I ordered a sympathy fruit basket for a friend whose mom had passed away. The basket was to be delivered 2 days after the funeral to give my friend time to get back home from traveling from the funeral. Well, ProFlowers failed to even deliver a thing!! A total BELLY-FLOP!!! After several failed attempts to get a status update via the internet on my order, I called the company and was informed that they had cancelled my ordered because they could not make the basket!!! They said they were crediting my money back and offered me a $20 coupon towards another purchase. What?!!! I was in disbelief that they would cancel my order without even informing me or giving me other options to deliver something else! NO thanks, I'll pass on the $20 coupon!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

I ordered sympathy flowers to be delivered to a friend who lost her family member. After two days, three phone calls, an email to customer service that was never responded to, my friend still hasn't received the flowers. I was charged for the flowers that never came. I have cancelled my order and am still waiting for a refund. DO NOT USE PROFLOWERS.COM.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I haven't purchased flowers in some time but when I have, if there was anything wrong with the delivery or the flowers, they took care of the problem immediately and satisfactory. They have been the only company I have purchased thru because of their great customer service and the bouquets.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My sister loved them for her birthday and Christmas. They are fantastic. Would buy from them again, have great selection, would highly recommend them to anyone.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I ordered flowers for my girlfriend for Valentine’s Day. I ordered it about a week early. They said they would deliver the flowers on Valentine’s Day. I end up getting them two weeks later. Very disappointed at ProFlowers. They offered me a 20% discount on my order. They told me something about delivery issues. It took all of the love out of Valentine’s Day.

Original review: May 27, 2019

My wife received her delivery, which was handled by UPS, unfortunately. The flowers arrived boxed, with no damage to the box. However, when my wife opened the box, parts of the broken vase fell onto her feet and causing small cuts on her left foot and, eventually, her right finger. I sent ProFlowers an email explaining what had happened and they responded the following day stating they were sending another delivery. (Hopefully NOT via UPS!)

Original review: May 26, 2019

Most if not all the online flower delivery services stink. They don't take ownership of any issues with their service. I have had flowers delivered late usually another day... I have been ordering directly from our local flower mart and experiencing a much better experience and value. Recommend people check to see if their area has a wholesale flower mart close to them. All you have to do is read reviews of these online flower companies to see how terrible they are.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I received flowers on Monday after Mother's Day. They consisted of Asiatic lilies, irises, asters, tulips, and salal. When they arrived we followed the directions - trimming the stems and putting them in the preservative mixed water. The asters were blooming upon arrival. Over the next week the tulips bloomed (they were odd looking - not what one thinks of a traditional tulip; more faded and deformed looking), a few of the lilies bloomed, but none of the irises. It never looked anything like the beautiful flowers that you see on the website or advertisements. I let my son know and hopefully, he will contact ProFlowers about his order.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I ordered a nice bouquet of flowers which cost around $45. After all the hidden fees it came out to over $80. I paid $10 extra for a nicer vase and did not receive it. Big mistake ordering from this company. Not very professional.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My flowers arrived a little earlier than I expected. They were in great condition. After taking them out and following instructions, they are in a vase and the irises have opened beautifully. However the stargazers haven’t opened yet. The picture was of the two of them at the same time. It’s a little disappointing. I’m afraid the irises will be dead before the stargazers open!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I ordered a plant for my mom for Mother’s Day. I got a tracking number and an estimated delivery date and they charged my card. The estimated delivery date was almost two weeks after I placed the order. That date came and went, plus six additional days, and I still had not received my order. I finally talked to someone at Pro Flowers and it turns out they never shipped my order because they “no longer carried that product.” Yet they charged my card almost $100 and never notified me that my order wasn’t coming. That was a week ago. I asked for a refund and still haven’t gotten it. I will not ever use this company again.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Wrong flowers. And that was never resolved. Beginning of 4th day they are dying. Not much more then the cost was too much for the garbage I received. Very very very disgusted....

Original review: May 22, 2019

Received flowers on May 10th for Mother’s Day. The Irises were snapped and dying and no card was included. I emailed them to find out who sent them. It took another day to get them to answer me only to say that due to privacy, they couldn’t tell me who sent them. I started a chat online and she was very nice and offered to reorder them and told me who sent them. However, she couldn’t get them delivered to me for another 11 days!! The flowers were dying by the 11th and dead by the 12th. The new order arrived today (5/22). The Fuji Mums are dropping petals like cray, the Irises are the saddest things I’ve ever seen and the roses are brown. I’m so appreciative that my daughter thought enough of me to send me the flowers but I feel she wasted her money. Don’t waste your money!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

I ordered two dozen multi colored roses for my 92 y.o. Mother for mother’s day!! Great price with a lovely vase, (for a little extra fee)! She LOVED them, she said they were fresh and beautiful!! Excellent service and wonderful choices!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I ordered a huge arrangement for my mother for mother's day. I have went through them before and never had any issues, but this time I ordered her flowers as well as paid extra for a card and extra for the card to say something I wanted to come from the heart. The first set she got she was missing a lot of flowers and her card was not there. When I called them with the issue they apologized and said they would resend the order at no cost. I said OK because I have been going through them for a few years now for all occasions when it came to sending my mother gifts and never had any issues. Well they resent her order and this time they sent her broken, withered and some flowers were completely dead, and they still never sent her card! I will not go through them again!

Original review: May 20, 2019

I placed an online order for a patriotic funeral display for a WWII veteran's memorial. Next day delivery did not happen; after a very long and frustrating call to customer service, I was told they lost that order and I needed to reorder. I did so, then continued to get conflicting information about having that first order. On 4:30 pm Saturday, I called yet again and spent an hour on the phone with them. After finally asking for a supervisor, I was told there was no florist that could do it and I would have no arrangement for the service the next morning. Not having one wasn't an option, so we worked until 4:30 am to make our own. I will never use this company again, their basic ordering system is deeply flawed and they are very unreliable.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I received beautiful roses from my son and daughter in law three days before Mother's Day - I followed the instructions in the package and the buds were dropping in two days and falling off in three. I sent ProFlowers a complaint with picture. They responded with questions (which I answered immediately) and I haven't heard from them since... Contacted them 2x by email and they are ignoring me. What has happened to customer service???

Original review: May 20, 2019

The person I sent flowers told me they died very quickly. They said the quality and size was not that good either. Other than that I had no problems and would probably use them again because of the reasonable price. Maybe they were just picky. I used the company before and never had a complaint.

Original review: May 19, 2019

The delivery was as expected and on time. However the selection at my price range was very limited. All the pictures showed the flowers in pretty vaces but when I made my choice the vase was always extra and pricey. I'm sure they get great deals on vases since they buy in bulk. That savings should be passed to the customer.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I wanted to send flowers to a small town on the Navajo reservation in Arizona, where my wife is working as a nurse. I have now sent flowers three times. Delivery always on time. Flowers in beautiful shape. Highly recommended!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I've received roses as gifts from ProFlowers at least 3 times in the past couple years and every time they are damaged, brown on the edges and completely dry out/brown within a few days. The buds never. Customer service is horrible - my husband tried to get to a human but there is no one. COMPLETE waste of money & embarrassing if it's a gift. Save your $ and order from a local florist.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs