1.63/5
Based on 288 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1355 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered my wife 18 long stem roses and we got 9 long and 9 short stem in a rectangular FedEx box left inside our gate. No attempt to contact my wife in the house. The flowers were also all black around the edges. Will never use again. They look nothing like their ads, nothing!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Ordered flower for girlfriends birthday scheduled delivery birthday. Delivery day comes and goes. No flowers. No email with problem. Next day email saying delivery that day. Day comes & day goes. Next day, I get email saying delivery that day. By then I had enough called and then after call email with still un-happy results. They said package got damage original delivery day and they sent out new order to be delivery for two day later. Why wasn't someone telling me problems and then since not my fault why not Overnight-ed to fix problem. They say, "Sorry we'll refund shipping cost only." No reduction in flowers, no reduction in their handling fee, no discount on future order & from call and email I sent no care for my business.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered flowers with a $19.99 delivery charge for same day/local florist. The flowers were never delivered. It took me 2 hours, 2 disconnected calls and a supervising "gatekeeper" 2 levels up to even begin to make it right. After a difficult knockdown, drag out verbal "negotiation"... It still isn't. If they guarantee satisfaction and back the deliveries contracted for, upon failing to do as promised I think the delivery should have been made pro-gratis... at no charge... immediately.

There is NOTHING that can ever make it right. The widow SHOULD have received my order yesterday. It will now be 3 days late. The corporate office is listed as Pro Flowers Corporate Office Headquarters, Provide Commerce 4840 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California 92121. Corporate Phone Number: 1-858-729-2800. Voice mail FULL and then transfer back to a worthlessly unempowered customer service agent who can barely speak the English language discernibly. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Mom’s 72nd birthday, I ordered her something out of the norm... some chocolates. A day late and full of ANTS! Immediately threw it all away and called and was promptly refunded our money. Goodbye ProFlowers.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This was my first and last time ever using a flower delivery service. I placed an order for flowers at around 10 am because it's the anniversary of my mother's death and wanted my grandparents to have something special. I paid for same day delivery. I waited all day until 6:30 pm and they still had not been delivered. I reached out and come to find out "they only have one florist in the area and your order was unable to be fulfilled." So I asked why I was the one that had to call and find this out. They said they weren't notified by the florist that they couldn't fulfill the order. Which is absolute bull.

This seems to be a common issue after reading all of these reviews. I was given the choice to pick something else out to have it be delivered tomorrow (supposedly) or cancel the order for a refund. Obviously I picked the refund. The whole point of ordering flowers for a specific day is to have them delivered that day. It was such a disappointment to trust a company with a service and have them epically fail on such a sad day already. I will NEVER use flower delivery again because this company CAN'T BE TRUSTED! Save your money people!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I use ProFlowers a lot through the year to send to my parents who live far away. Usually the flowers are always beautiful and last for a long time. My most recent order, however, the flowers came and some were broken and it was nothing like the full, bright bouquet I ordered. I called ProFlowers to let them know and they offered me a few different options for how they could make up for this mistake. The representative apologized to me (a few times) and I felt the whole situation was handled quickly, professionally, and guaranteed that they keep my business. This is how good businesses run. I'm a business owner myself and nothing makes me happier than a big company really showing they value their customers. Mistakes happen for sure, but it's how they are handled that makes the difference.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I placed an order for mini orchids as a gift to myself... picture showed orchids on 2 branches. I received a few orchids on one branch and that is how it stayed for the about 3 weeks it survived. Nothing new grew in. Very disappointed. Pity I did not check it out first!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I will never order flowers from them again!!! I had flowers deliver twice. Once in February and the other time in June and both times they were awful. They showed up death both times to the same person. I called to complain and couldn’t get a hold of anyone and no one called me back. The worst customer service I ever received. I left messages and no response.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Not only do they overcharge on shipping, they don't deliver! They've screwed me twice! They claim to attempt delivery but, they really don't. This is the second non-delivery on the date I chose. The first time they delivered "Dead, yes, Dead" flowers 3-days later! ProFlowers is a SCAM!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary just to get a email the day of saying they do not have the flowers in stock so to contact them for a second choice. I called them and they told me they could not send out flowers because the florist has no other flowers to send. The only thing they were willing to do was cancel the order and refund my money. So the day of my anniversary I have to try and find flowers somewhere else. I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Just like I now see everyone else has described, this is a HORRIBLE company to deal with. I saw a Groupon coupon for $30 worth of flowers for just $14 and I needed to order some flowers for a sick friend. Before I bought the coupon I went onto the ProFlowers.com website and found exactly what I wanted and put it into my cart. I went through ALL of the steps and even checked out, to the point where all I had left to do was enter any discount codes and my credit card info to pay. My order came to $44.98 and they showed that total in the invoice that the site presented, asking me to enter my payment details as the final step. I was ok buying the $14 Groupon deal that got me $30 towards the flowers and then paying the $14.98 left over amount, so I went ahead and bought the Groupon coupon. I went back into my flower order and applied the coupon code and then submitted all of my payment details to pay for the order.

It was only AFTER I submitted my payment info that I suddenly saw that the final price shot up to over $66.00. WHAT??? How can that be? How can they show one price, have you fill out ALL the details of the order, including payment info, and only then add in over $22 of undisclosed fees (taxes, handling, delivery, etc)?SO dishonest and shady. Really unethical business practices for sure. And now I read that everyone is also complaining that the flowers usually arrive late, if at all, and that they usually look beaten up and not like what they show online. So basically they rip you off and then send a bunch of crap. WHY does the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs allow this to continue with SO many complaints against them?

And I love how the banner at the top of the ProFlowers website boasts that they have "the highest customer satisfaction with online flower retailers for 4 years in a row, according to J.D. Power". I'm guessing that the J.D. Power they must be referring to is the owner's neighbor, or someone he knows with the same name as the reputable retail business ranking service (LOL), or HOW could JD Powers ignore the hundreds & hundreds of complaints and that ProFlowers has only a 1.5 star rating on almost every consumer feedback site I have seen? Everyone seems to pretty much agree that ProFlowers.com SUCKS!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I make simple purchase online 1 dozen rose, delivery date May 10. Dead box, wrong flower show up, Father's Day. I call for customer's support. I talk to 13 yr old girl from my home Bangkok. She know nothing about flower. I hang up. I done. No more ProFlowers. No pro. Amateur flower.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought these flowers as a surprise for my wife's anniversary and they were NOT delivered!!! Called the next day to ProFlowers and found out the delivery person delivered them to who knows where, without any signature!!! Ruined my anniversary since it was a surprise and since my wife didn't receive anything on her anniversary it looked like I completely forgot!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother-in-law's birthday. The flowers I chose from the website did not look anything like what was delivered. I contacted JustFlowers because I was extremely upset and dissatisfied. I have been given the runaround. After a week and a half, the customer service department said they would gladly refund $7. I paid $75 for a arrangement that looks like a $20 arrangement put together by a 10 year old. This company does not stand by their guarantee. I have asked to speak to a manager and have never gotten through. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. It is a total joke. The pictures below reflect what I choose from the website and what was delivered. Granted the flowers didn’t last 7 days.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered my wife some flowers from ProFlowers (rainbow Roses). The first order was on time but all but 4 Roses never bloomed. They were tended to by following the directions (we have ordered Roses before and know how to tend them). I called to discuss the issue and opted for them to be resent instead of a refund. The second order was a hot mess. The flowers were beat up with several roses having been broken during shipping. The box of chocolates was completely melted into 1 nasty blob. I will not waste my time and money on a third try with this company. I will go back to using local florist and get flowers the same day and be able to address issues in person.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Selection shown online does not match actual delivery in quality. Delivery undependable and virtually non-existent. Customer service not a service, many cannot even speak English clearly. Will never use again.

Original review: May 30, 2018

They hit you delivery and service charges that cost three times as much as the purchase. The flowers themselves were small and dry. They didn't last 3 days.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I like ProFlowers but they recently increased their prices which I think are too high and they charge for extra things like delivery on a Monday. When I first used them they were reasonable. Now they are expensive like 1-800-Flowers so I will look for another flower shop next time I order flowers.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The last two times I used this service, I've had terrible experiences and won’t be using ProFlowers again. The flowers would be shipped from your Texas location to Richmond, CA and show leaving the UPS shipping facility in my area at 8am. The problem is they wouldn't arrive to their destination until 3-4pm. These are flowers! They are perishable! They shouldn't be arriving at the end of the day, and by the time they do, they are on the verge of dying. Very unprofessional. I complained about this last time and received a discount off my order. I then tried giving you the benefit of the doubt and ordered again hoping for a better result. I received the same result as before. Therefore, I will no longer be using your services. You can’t charge someone a premium and then fail when it comes to providing the service you say you “deliver”. Maybe think about getting a better shipper.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The cost is horrible for the service you get. You get boxed dead flowers that you have to assemble yourself making it a crap gift for someone with terrible presentation. My husband sent me Valentine flowers last year with them and he come home took one look at them, (he used to work at a florist as a young person) now he’s a professional. He was very upset. I can see why but it’s not about the flowers. He’s amazing for the effort. But for ProFlowers. I wouldn’t ever bother. The delivery person was a dry acting jerk when delivering the stupid box. The whole experience is nothing like when I was young and my grandfather and family used to send my grandmother these grand bouquets of roses that were magnificent and delivered with smiles and surprise and heart. Not nowadays. Sad.

Original review: May 28, 2018

When you make a purchase, you have to understand that there will be plenty of service costs. For example, a standard delivery cost can be as high as $15.00. If you desire a certain color vase, an upcharge of $7.75. Taxes, service charge all add up almost doubling the amount of the order.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The shipping cost is the reason I no longer use any of the flower delivery services. I can get fresh flowers at my big box stores for half the cost as the flower delivery services.

Original review: May 26, 2018

ProFlowers have arrangements for any occasion. I sent flowers to family, and they were pleased with the arrangement. I stopped because shipping fees cost more than the arrangement.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I ordered the Mother's Day Spectacular with Ginger Vase and Chocolates for $19.99, plus Mother's Day greeting card for $1.99, for Mother's Day 2018. The shipping and handling was divided into three fees: $12.99 for standard delivery, $14.99 for guaranteed May 13 delivery, and $2.99 for care and handling, coming out to $30.97 total. The irises and star lilies never bloomed at the same time. By the time that even a couple of the star lilies had fully bloomed, the irises had turned to mush, and many of the star lilies were completely closed. That said, the delivery did come on time, and both the irises and star lilies were very pretty when they were each in bloom.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Ordered a Get Well plant for a sick co-worker. Had to wait 4 days before they could deliver and what was delivered was nothing like what I had ordered in the picture. I am embarrassed to have this delivered to a friend. Cost was $67. I have included the pictures of what I ordered and what was delivered. Pic with stick is the delivered plant. Never again will I use this company.

Original review: May 25, 2018

The flowers weren't as pretty in person as they were online. We weren't really happy with the purchase. I find it easier to physically go to the flower shop myself and purchase the flowers.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Our sister-in-law was recuperating in a rehabilitation home and was thrilled with the Angel tree. Even at the end on January it was still green and thriving.

Original review: May 24, 2018

Late delivery and flowers looked used. Difficult to deal with and have not Used again. Do not recommend. They really need to up their pride and ability to serve.

Original review: May 24, 2018

The pricing ended up higher than what I asked for and my delivery was free. I also had a discount for being a first time buyer. The representative had a thick accent and couldn’t understand me. I had to repeat the delivery address 4 times. I asked for a specific vase and the flowers were delivered in a box. The flowers were pretty and lasted.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I received a planter of bulb flowers from my coworkers after I had surgery. The pictures showed a beautiful bouquet of tulips, daffodils & other pretty flowers. After 2 weeks I have a sorry sad planter of droopy plants with 3 daffodils. Sorely disappointed. I don’t think my coworkers would appreciate seeing what a sad sack of flowers I received. NOT recommended!

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ProFlowers Company Information

www.proflowers.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business