2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5
Based on 1,135 ratings submitted in the last year

ProFlowers Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I am exceptionally happy with ProFlowers! My twin daughters had ordered 1 dozen roses for me for Mother's Day!! I was delighted when they came! When I opened the box, the roses were beautiful, but 1 of the red roses was totally destroyed. I followed the instructions, and put the other 11 roses in a container that I had in my kitchen. I took a picture and sent a copy to both of my daughters. 1 of my daughters asked about the vase that was included with the flowers; I told her that there was no vase in the box and that 1 of the flowers was totally destroyed. I suggested that maybe she should call ProFlowers about this.

The company was awesome!! They told my daughter that they would re-send another dozen roses; I thought that was very nice of them. When the 2nd dozen of roses arrived, they were more beautiful than even the 1st dozen had been, and there was a vase included!! All of the roses were intact, and they looked so beautiful in the vase. I was very, very happy; they even dried beautifully!!! My feeling is that ProFlowers is a very good company to do business with. Thank you ProFlowers!

Original review: May 12, 2019

My first experience with ProFlowers began as a result of ads that I heard on talk radio. When the first time I ordered flowers in a vase for my mother on Mother's Day ended up far exceeding my expectations relative to: ease of ordering and payment, cost, delivery exactly when promised, the freshness of the flowers, the quality of the vase, and the durability of those flowers: I couldn't wait until the next opportunity. Each year after that and, until my mother's passing, I tried to outdo the year before and neither she nor I were ever disappointed. A couple of years running, I threw in some tasty snacks that were available with the flowers and those, too, were a hit.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My son sent me flowers for Mother's Day. While I greatly appreciated them, they arrived wilted. I followed the instructions that came in the box. I cut 1" of the ends off, placed them in fresh water with the flower food that was provided, but some of the flowers did not bloom all the way and some were wilted. I decided to call ProFlowers to let them know I wasn't happy with the flowers because they were wilted. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I know my son must have spent a good deal of money on them and I hated to see all that money go to waste.

I must say that the customer service was great. They apologised and offered to send out replacement flowers, but I declined and asked that they credit my son back for his purchase. He lives in Ohio and I'm in Florida. I'm pretty sure the reason they came wilted is it's very hot here and I think the flowers were probably left on the delivery truck all day. I didn't get the flowers until after 8 p.m. Even after giving them a full day to spruce up, they never really did. I figured the same thing would happen if I had them redelivered in this heat. They came with a beautiful vase, so I have that as a keepsake. Even though the flowers were wilted, I would still use ProFlowers because of their professionalism at handling my situation. My son has sent me flowers from this company before and they arrived in very nice condition, so I'm sure this time was a fluke. I can say that the flowers and the vase always comes packaged nicely.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have purchased flowers for my mother several times in the last five years. I mistakenly tried the other guys (1800–) And inevitably the delivery was late or canceled with no notification. Not with ProFlowers! Everything is perfect. The delivery is only $12! What? Yes you read that right. Everyone else is $30-$40. My grandmother, Rose, passed away on Saturday. On Saturday night I ordered a dozen blue moon roses because my mother’s favorite color was blue. She receive them Monday morning. The total was $45. For a dozen long stem yet to be bloomed amazing VIBRANT blue roses and glass vase.

So I ordered two more to each go to my aunts. Everyone was in tears. And every time you order, you get 25% off the next order! I haven’t read any of the bad reviews but I’m guessing people will find anything to complain about and people never leave good reviews. Well I’m leaving a good review because these guys blow the competitors away and product and service and price.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Personally, I don't trust five-star reviews, but I believe ProFlowers has earned it. No company is perfect. ProFlowers may have fallen short for some customers in the past, but this is about the way things are today. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. There was a problem with my order, and ProFlowers went out of its way to make things right. Seriously, it was one of those moments where you think, "Whoa...I didn't realize companies were like this anymore." Their efforts restored my faith in online ordering. I think a lot of company reviews are biased toward the negative, because people who receive decent customer service don't bother to write reviews. So take what you read with a grain of salt, and give this company the benefit of the doubt. I'm a tough customer to please, but I will definitely be buying from ProFlowers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

I ordered two dozen roses for my wife for Valentine's Day. The order information confirmed delivery for February 14th. I got a UPS tracking number for the delivery. As the day wore on, UPS status was that they had never received the package from the shipper. Proflowers blamed their distributor and offered a "special floral arrangement" as compensation. They promised the arrangement would be delivered on the following Wednesday. Wednesday comes and goes, no arrangement. I contacted them via email and the called me. The offer was now to deliver the original flowers, now 8 days late. An online florist only has one job, delivering the flowers they promise when they promise. Proflowers seems incapable of delivering any flowers on any date.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

I ordered a Valentine's bouquet for my wife, but it wasn't delivered, even though I got an email saying it had been. I complained, and they delivered 5 small roses and 9 carnations, not the fancy bouquet I had paid over $100 for. I complained again, and eventually they did agree to refund the full purchase price.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2020

Ordered flowers for Valentine's Day for four days in advance to office to ensure delivery and avoid the rush - bouquet costing $80+. Called by florist on valentines day at 3pm that he would not deliver flowers in time and could he deliver to another address. Phone cut-off. Received an email after 5pm that flowers had been delivered. My gf is an office manager so she could confirm whether flowers were delivered - they had not been. No further contact nor communication with the florist or company. In short, fraudulent behaviour. I tried calling company and got the voicemail.

I had to email the company twice before any response - they responded on 17 February! They offered to send the flowers or a refund. I suggested as this was a huge mistake on their part they should refund and delver flowers. They refused. I requested a refund. An awful experience. DO NOT BUY FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY - THEY ARE USING AWFUL FLORISTS WHO BASICALLY LIE ABOUT FLOWER DELIVERY.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

So my husband ordered a dozen red roses from Proflowers for Valentine's Day. When they arrived, they were slightly open but well packaged. We followed directions and I looked forward to seeing them open and look beautiful. The 2nd day several looked good. The 3rd day, 6 looked great and 2 were drooping badly. We decided to re-trim, add water and plant food again to see if 6 would perk back up. Day 4, I tossed 6 flowers. A big disappointment! On day 3, I noticed Proflowers had a guarantee for 7 days. I called customer service and could barely understand the representative's English. We slowly got through the conversation and I requested a replacement. She agreed and I was to get my red rose flowers the following day.

Day 4 no new flower delivery. I called again that afternoon and Proflowers told me package was still coming that day. After 5pm, I called Proflowers and stated I never got the delivery. I was told there was no order. How did that happen?!? She said she would order them for me but then told me there were no red roses available in my area! What?!? Proflowers didn't have red roses?? I looked on their website and saw I could order red roses. I'm totally confused. What is happening here?!? After a total of many hours with Proflowers, they did give my husband a refund. I told my husband never to return to Proflowers after that painful flower experience. Next time, I'll recommend my husband go to our local Publix for red roses. LOL.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

The bouquet delivered not what was pictured. I had chosen the bouquet for the yellow roses and daisies. It had yellow lilies but everything else was white with some green thrown in. Now that may be due to season, but still. I also had to call the recipient to see if they had received it. They just left it on the porch without ringing the doorbell. I was supposed to get an email to tell me it was deliver led which I did not receive until a half hour after the last delivery time. So who knows how long it was sitting out there. Also I have tried to send an email to the company, but they only allow a certain number of characters in the messages and I apparently have too much to complain about to fit it all in. I will not order from ProFlowers again.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team