1.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1547 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

At first I was really skeptical after ordering from this company due to all these negative reviews, but after having a little faith and speaking with customer service about my skepticism, everything went well as you can see. Thank you ProFlowers for the beautiful vase and flowers my girlfriend received.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered 2 dozen roses to be delivered to my wife's work on Valentine's Day. Unlike most years, I actually was proactive and put my order in weeks ago. Needless to say, it is now the 17th of February, still no flowers. The tracking # they gave me that once said, delivery delayed due to weather, now reads nothing. I had emailed Proflowers service address 2 days ago and have not received a response. When I receive the wilted flowers, I will be completing another review. With video of what arrives.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered flowers for my wife 3 days before Valentine’s Day. My order showed a total that was wrong so I called back immediately. I was told the order was corrected. The day the flowers were supposed to arrive I called and they had not corrected the order. I was connected with someone who could barely speak English and couldn’t understand what I was saying, and I could not understand her either. After dealing with this person for 45 minutes on the phone and getting absolutely nowhere I was told that if I still wanted the order I wouldn’t receive it for at least 2 days after I was supposed to receive the order. I asked to speak to her manager and was hung up on. I never received my order and had to go and buy my wife flowers and gifts after getting off work on the day of Valentine’s Day. I would never use this company ever again!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I ordered an arrangement for 2/15, for a birthday. Nothing at all like the picture, such a joke. I was so embarrassed when my friend sent me a picture of what she received. Horrible company. I paid extra for a premium bouquet and also paid too much for delivery. Less than half the flowers of the basic arrangement.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I order flowers for my wife to be delivered at her job for Valentine’s Day. Guess what? Flowers never got delivered. My wife calls me to let me know she’s off of work and I ask her, "Did you get your flowers?" She says no. I told her I order some flowers for her. She supposed to receive them so she decides to drive back to work and waits for them. 30 mins later I receive a email from Pro Flowers saying, "We are so incredibly sorry we are unable to deliver flowers." My wife drove back to work and waited for nothing. ProFlowers ruined both mine and my wife Valentine days. Never again will I order from this company. Please stay way fast!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Ordered a dozen white roses, got 11. They were old because they were already wilted and turning brown. Asked about a replacement order and they said they could do it but it would be four days later, three days after Valentine's Day. Asked for a refund and got half of my money back. DO NOT ORDER FORM THESE IDIOTS!!!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Very disappointed with ProFlowers. Received flowers on time but the next day flowers already wilting. 90.00 down the drain. Will never order again and will tell everyone I know to stay away from ProFlowers. They should be ashame of the flowers that is delivered in their name. Walmart has much fresher and better flowers for a third of the price.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Two weeks before Valentine's day I put in a order for two dozen multi-colored roses to be delivered on the 14th of February. On the 13th at 2 pm I get e-mail that my order has been delivered. Ten minutes later my girlfriend sends me a thank you I guess? and a photo of some old flowers. I called her to find out that she just received a dozen moldy stemmed roses, three of which were broken. A day early, half my order, broken, moldy roses and charged the full price seventy dollars. I called the customer service line and was assured this was a mistaken delivery and the two dozen roses would be delivered on the 14th in the afternoon.

Well the 14th came and went. No replacement roses. Just three e-mails telling me how sorry they were and would credit my account or I could pick something else with a big 10 dollar bonus. It's the 16th and no credit. The roses from PROFLOWERS died today and it has cost me a $200.00 dinner and another ninety dollars for new roses some major butt kissing to make up for the despicable company. They need to be run out of business. They do not deserve the star you made me give them.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My husband ordered me roses for Valentine’s Day. They didn’t arrive until the 15th and when they did they were dying because they were in a box for so long. Believe me when I say will never do business again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered roses, ruby vase, and box of chocolates for my wife for Valentine’s Day with delivery 2/13. I got a box on time but flowers had no vase, one flower had no stem, and an empty box of chocolates. Called company - no explanation- said they could send out chocolates by 27th. I said no and wanted refund. Had the chat with them on 2/15 since I received no info on refund via email. They sent me email of $7.00 refund on $38 dollar order. Not acceptable.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mother in law for Valentine's Day. Somehow even though I selected February 12 the order went through for March 12. When she didn’t receive them on the 12th of February I called and the girl fixed the date for Feb 15th. ☹️ My MIL got them yesterday and the flowers fell apart in her hands, 50 bucks down the drain. I called and they gave me a full refund. I ordered from another company that I normally use.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I've used Pro Flowers in the past and was pretty satisfied. This time, I wanted to order flowers for my sister after her surgery in March, but I wanted to order them for delivery now, because we'll be in England in March. I went online, and the only calendar given was February. I asked the chat person if I could order for March now. She said, "Yes, if the calendar allows it." So I emailed them. This was their reply:

"Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in partnering with FTD Companies. Please forward your information to VendorRequest@ftdi.com for review. Please note that due to the high volume of requests that we receive, we may only respond to the opportunities which we feel fit our needs at this time. If there is anything further with which we can assist you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week and we look forward to serving you." Fuhgeddaboudit. I'll use a local florist. The prices are no better with Pro Flowers, and they clearly do not care about my business.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I wanted to have flowers delivered to my wife for our 5 yr wedding anniversary, a milestone, paid extra for before noon delivery. They didn't get there before noon, matter of fact, they still have not been delivered. They were to be delivered on February 13th, today is the 15th. I will never order again, I've always ordered local, but decided I'd give it a chance. Don't waste your time or money, worthless.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered a bouquet of Roses with chocolates for my wife for Valentine's Day. The chocolates never came and the roses were wilted and came in a cheap pink mason jar. I opted for premium and got ripped off...$100 for far less than a $20 Walmart bouquet.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

What a terrible business. If you are expecting to receive what you see on the website, you won’t. You will receive a green box and the flowers will be wilted and slumped over. They need to change their names because they are not Pros. I wish I would have seen all of these reviews before I spent a lot of money. Please be smart and go somewhere else for your flowers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

ProFlowers adds $30 service charge that you can't see when ordering from a phone, only after getting your confirmation number, very dubious and shady. ProFlowers has terrible customer service. (ProFlowers, are your representatives punished when a caller would like to speak to management?) ProFlowers has one of the worst phone systems I have ever, ever heard? Not heard? The representatives are across the world, they speak English well, why can't you make the connection better for both parties? ProFlowers can't communicate on any other platform besides their antiquated and horrible phone systems. Sure, they will reply on Facebook (also antiquated but it was worth a shot) unless you are buying from them, they also only take emails for purchase. I would never use this company again. I would highly advise you don't either. You've been warned.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I ordered Valentine's Flowers to arrive on the 14th and paid a guaranteed fee for this. The 14th came and went, no flowers arrived. On the 15th, I received an email stating the flowers wouldn't arrive until the 16th. To receive flowers two days after Valentine's seemed moot to me, so I decided to cancel the order. This was impossible to do. The CHAT forum isn't able to perform this transaction. The 800 number provided transfers calls to representatives halfway across the world who are totally incapable of conversing in English. After three different representatives, and nearly an hour and half of my time, I finally hung up the phone in frustration. The next and final call was to my credit card company to delete the charge, which took all of 5 minutes. It would be my advice to purchase flowers anywhere else but ProFlowers.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Sooo for Valentine' Day, I ordered 1 bonsai tree for my partner from FTD. (He likes trees over flowers). He got 2 bonsai trees (score! Thanks #FTD!)... However my partner ordered me 2 dozen roses for Valentine's Day from ProFlowers...and I got 0 roses. ***How does all of this even happen?*** Thanks #proflowers how tf is it now end of day on Feb 15th and I still haven't received my flowers???

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

This is without question the absolute worst service one could imagine. I ordered flowers for Valentine's Day, I paid a premium for morning delivery and the flowers were never delivered. I tried calling, but nobody would pick up the phone. I tried again the call center the next day. I was finally able to talk to several operators. Not only they did not speak English, but after asking me multiple questions about the order, they would just hang up on me. Never in my life I experienced such an unconsidered, rude service. Not only the disappointment of not being able to send flowers to my wife, but also the way I was treated is unforgivable. I will do my very best to tell my friends and to the world through social media what to expect from the so called ProFlowers company. My email address is **, although considering the culture of this company, I don't expect a response.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered roses for my girlfriend on February 13th and it was scheduled to be delivered on February 15th. I was worried about the flowers being sent in a box from UPS but they actually were packaged very well in a professional box and the flowers were brand new and came out great.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I wish I had read these reviews before placing my order. What a bunch of nitwits!!! We had a problem with a delivery - you can't speak with a supervisor NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO OR SAY! Plus, the customer service people are from a third world country and I can't tell you how many times I had to repeat information because they couldn't understand. Horrible way to do business. I will never use this service again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was supposed to receive 2 dozen roses and 6 chocolate strawberries on Valentine's Day. My boyfriend even paid extra for the guaranteed delivery. When they didn't show up, he checked the tracking order and it stated that delivery would be made on the 15th (So… what's the point of the extra charge if it's not on Valentine's day?!) When he called they did refund the extra charge.

Now it’s the 15th, the tracking # says they were delivered to my office at 10:29 AM this morning but I have not received the flowers/chocolates. I even asked around the office and no has received flowers on my behalf. I even walked to the neighboring office located in the same parking lot thinking they got the address mixed up but to no success.

I sent an email and have not received a response, good luck with the customer service phone line because you are lucky to get through. I cannot stay on the phone all day because I have to work but I will be following up once I am done for the day. My boyfriend and I do not have a lot of money and to spend that much for a special occasion and not have it follow through is disheartening and I am angry to be taken advantage of when we cannot afford it to begin with. I am disappointed in the lack of service and we will never use this company again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

This was the most disappointing service I have ever used. I placed my order on 1/28/19 for delivery on 2/13 or 2/14. Received a call on Saturday 2/2/19 stating that they were having trouble processing my order because I used PayPal. They were wanting me to give them my credit card information. Since I was having trouble understanding her English, I asked to speak with someone else, she said no one was available so I said I would call back Monday. On Monday I called and was assured that my order had been corrected and that my order would arrive on time. On 2/14 they delivered an email with a voucher. So instead of flowers she received a voucher. I called for my refund and they needed my credit card information (which I gave) and they will process my refund. But, I am told to call back tomorrow to see if the refund was processed. I will never use this company again. And will not stop asking for my refund until it arrives.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I feel so terrible for my amazing fiancé who ordered 3 dozen red roses to surprise me at work on Valentine's Day only to find that they were not going to be getting to my office until February 15th. Oh yeah and this was after he paid for "special delivery" to guarantee a Valentine's Day arrival! When he called customer service, they refused to give him a refund, and only gave him money back for the "guaranteed delivery" that he paid. They told him they wouldn't refund him for the extra morning delivery fee, since it will indeed be delivered in the morning - yes, but on the wrong day! On top of all this, I've finally received them and didn't have a vase to put them in. When I told my fiancé, he told me that the order was supposed to include a vase as well. I would highly recommend going with another company for flowers. We will absolutely be getting a refund from our bank from these scam artists.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband wanted to surprise me with a dozen of roses with strawberries from Shari's Berries for Valentines Day and we got a surprise but it wasn't a good surprise. The box that the flowers arrived in looked better than the actual roses. I almost wished I had never opened the box because it would have looked better sitting on my desk. First of all I knew it was a bad sign when I first took the roses out of the box and not one but two stems were broken and the leaves started falling, some of the petals are dead and all along the edges of the roses are brown or discolored.

Ok I gave them the benefit of the doubt since it was packaged in a box. However, the roses looked dry and withered with brown edges. I didn't have enough nerve to tell my husband that the roses looked horrible. Then I thought by following their enclosed instruction, the roses would eventually liven up but it's been well over 24 hrs and they look just as bad as yesterday. The quality of ProFlowers roses (the 12 that I received) are the absolute worse I've ever seen. Although I appreciate the kind and thoughtfulness of my husband's intentions, ProFlowers needs to do better or just stop selling flowers altogether. I wish I could not give any stars.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Worse service ever. They have great prices, but can’t deliver. I used them two years ago for Valentine's. They had a service where you can have a picture put on a vase. So I put one with me and my girlfriend. They sent out a picture of a different couple on the vase to my new girlfriend. At least it’s been a running joke for the last two years. This year I tried them again because they had a great deal. I will say they at least got it half right this year. Flowers ended up on time to my wife. Unfortunately the order for my mother didn’t make it. After calling customer service they are going to deliver them on February 15th. Their fix for their **up. Refund the 4$ for guarantee deliver on February 14th. Don’t waste your money. Go to 1-800-Flowers.com. They cost more but have never messed up an order for me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I set up scheduled delivery on 02/14 but my order delay to 2/15, missing take Valentine Day's and quality flower so bad. I never buy here. I feel disappointed and I email for them but they didn't answer or sorry me.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

What a joke. I ordered a flower to be delivered on Valentine's day as the website said IT WILL BE DELIVERED on 2/14 and paid extra shipping of $20 as well. The flower WAS NOT delivered on time and I was literally on hold for an hour and couldnt wait any longer so I hung up. Next day on 2/15, I called ProFlowers and someone picked up after 20 minutes of hold and the person was very rude. She kept saying the order was done by local florist and ProFlowers cant do anything about it and I would have to call the local florist who handled the order. What a joke. She didnt even transfer me to the right number. I called ProFlowers again and they said they cant do any refund as it was done by Local florist... What was the point of my buying it through ProFlowers then.. might as well order from local florist. SERIOUSLY THEY ARE A SCAM. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

If I could I would give this place ZERO STARS. I ordered for a friend for his wife on 02/12/19, I looked at other sites but this site stood out the most with the pretty arrangements and the good prices. So I went through the process of ordering the floors paid $40 in shipping (Standard Shipping $12.99, Morning Delivery $14.99, and Guarantee Valentine's Day Delivery $9.99). I called them Yesterday and it took me 10 times of calling back to back to be finally connecting with someone, who got ruder by the minute. I asked her yo either refund me my money back entirely ($70.57) or deliver the flowers before 2:00pm. And she proceeded to tell me that the flowers can't arrive by 2, so I asked her to refund me my money, she said that she would, it would take 5-7 business days for the money to be back into my account, and that the order would be canceled. I asked her for her name and her manager's name.

Later last night I got two separate emails one apologizing for the inconvenience and that I would be refunded $10 immediately and the other saying that my order was on its way to be delivered. I called today and speak to another person and I ask for me full refund and he told me that the person I spoke to yesterday did process my return and that he would do it for me. He put me on hold, came back and told me that I should receive an email later today and that the refund was posted to my account and now it's up to my bank to release them money into my account. BASICALLY if you want floors for a special day for someone special go to any other place but PROFLOWERS!!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Received roses a day after Valentine's and they look as if they were mauled by Hell-Hounds (Supernatural Reference). Maybe someone really don’t like me. The leaves were falling off the stem and the red rose petals look as if they lost the civil war with the white roses. All in all, I had a great laugh at it all. I would recommend you fellas not to go the cheap route, you will be better off picking us the dandelions from the driveway. Thank you for this epic ProFail! I’m actually laughing.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs