1.20/5
  • 1 star
Based on 256 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ProFlowers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 15, 2018

1110 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I spent $70 on an arrangement to be delivered to my daughter's work for her birthday. I wanted her to feel special and picked out an arrangement I felt she would love given her love for pink. When I saw what had been delivered I was absolutely appalled and mortified!! It looked like three $30 great grandchild of what I had ordered! Including shipping in that $30!!! I emailed them twice about it and never heard a word. So this is the beginning of the process to get my word out there!! Before you are embarrassed by the bouquet delivered in your name, whatever you do don't use ProFlowers!!! The first photo is what I ordered and the second is what I got. You be the judge!?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I ordered funeral flowers online today, 1/12/18. I place my order at 11:39 am EST. There was miscommunication and someone else had already sent flowers for me. I called the customer service line at 12:50 pm EST to cancel my order. I was put on hold for 30 minutes, then told that the order could not be cancelled because the flowers were delivered at 10:51 am EST. I asked,"How that is even possible? The flowers were somehow delivered before they were even ordered???" I was then put on hold for another 22 minutes, then told I ordered the flowers at 7:00 am EST. At that point I asked who the florist was and they refused to give me that information. I hung up, disputed the charge on my credit card and will NEVER use this company again.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The set of flowers we received are nowhere close to the ones shown on the website and they were completely not worth the price I paid for it. You should refund me the whole amount. Attaching the images of what I got and what is on the website are attached.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Spent $63 for awful looking flowers, nothing like the photo online. Also the final price changed when I hit pay... bait and switch. Called and emailed... All I get is "we will forward your complaint". Will never use again. wanted to do something nice for a person recovery from surgery and they got dead flowers. What a waste... Will never shop here again.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered a ProPicks Bouquet to be delivered to a place of business. These orders are supposed to arrive before 5 pm. It arrived later than that. In addition, I was set up for text notifications of the delivery time. I wasn't notified until an hour after it had already been delivered. Lastly, and most importantly, these flowers are atrocious. I understand that the "ProPicks Bouquet" is random, and comprised of leftover flowers from bulk orders, but c'mon... do better. This would be a 0-star review had I not received a full refund. That said, I will not be using ProFlowers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

My mother is very sick. Sent her flowers immediately through ProFlowers online. They sent an email saying that the local florist was working on it. My mom never received the flowers which really upset me. I called customer service three times. None of the reps, who were hard to understand, could help me. Nor would they let me speak to a manager but asked me the same questions over and over. I called an automated number and the order was “canceled “. Very upset and concerned over this site. Please do not use ProFlowers. ESP in an emergency situation. I’m disgusted.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The roses received on January 6 were thrown away. On January 7 they all drooped... My friend sent them to me 1/6 for my BD on 1/7... How disappointed I am... How do you stay in business with substandard merchandise... You can bet that you will never have a recommendation from me.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

All but one of the 12 roses have died within 24 hours. Followed directions exactly. Have not found a link on site to follow through with their so-called "guarantee". Not a good company if mainly internet based and no way to report problems the same way. Although I do not want to tell my daughter as I know she'll be upset her birthday present to me was not as advertised, I want her to get her money back. From these reviews, don't believe that will happen. Do not recommend this company at all.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

The flowers arrived and were wrapped well but looked like they had been beaten up. The roses were dying as were the mums. The lower petal dead and dropping and rabbit grass was used as a filler an extremely allergenic plant. I am a plant person followed their directions to the t and by the third day they were gone. I attempted to contact via their site. Got a not available response and then sent an email to the address on their site for contact and that was bounced back. I plan to let the person know that sent them to call for a refund and I will call PF to inform them of my dissatisfaction with their products and service and will encourage others warn others not to waste their money. Buy local.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I give zero stars. I ordered my mother flowers for Christmas from ProFlowers, since I live in Michigan and she lives in Florida. She received her flowers in a box through FedEx dead and a melted box of chocolates. Never again will I order from ProFlowers. Plus it looked nothing like the picture online.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I chose ProFlowers over Teleflora because the picture showed an unusual centerpiece that looked very elegant instead of the typical ferns and red candles I usually got from Teleflora. The arrangements arrived today. Three cheap tin type small containers (supposed to be 6" but apparently that was the total height, with fern clipping and very plastic red berries (I expected fresh everything.) I think I could have done better myself at the 99 cent store. These cost over $50. From now on Teleflora has ALL my business.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Thought I ordered a beautiful Christmas arrangement with 6 red roses, cute white surrounding accents flowers, white tipped pine cones, greenery and a red ombre vase. What was delivered was a clear vase with 2 red roses with wilted petals, a few white accented flowers, pine cones, and a lot of greenery. Definitely NOT a deluxe arrangement I ordered... WILL NEVER use this company again!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I ordered the Santa's Sleigh Centerpiece w/ lights for my elderly Aunt who lives in another state. It was left on her porch in a box, even though she was home. That's not really the problem. The description of the arrangement describing different fragrant greens caught my interest. She called me to thank me, and began to tell me, there was a tag with it that said please water me daily & be careful not to let the lights on it to come on contact with the water. When adding the water it overflowed, so she took out the plastic container that was inside the sled & made the discovery that the whole plant was FAKE!!! AS IN ARTIFICIAL!! There was not 1 real green in there anywhere!! I felt SO EMBARRASSED!! I told my Aunt I was so very sorry, and that is not what I ordered for her. And to think that a tag was on it to "water daily"...knowing it was fake!! I am appalled by this deception. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM PROFLOWERS AGAIN.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Ordered flowers for a guaranteed date and time, was not able to meet their guarantee, refunded shipping, but offered nothing except, "Oops we don't normally do that." I understand things can happen, but then don't add a guarantee that is literally meaningless. The frustration continues as the connection wasn't good on their end, and very much sounded like this has been farmed out to a company overseas. Don't even know what the flowers look like, but I'm expecting to make another phone call at the shoddy product. Use another service. ProFlowers has been terrible since I clicked order.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

This order was placed on October 12, 2017 for December 21, 2017, The order was not delivered in time for a special birthday gift and she will not received this order. This is the second delivery that ProFlowers delivered late and the flowers were almost dead.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Ordered flowers for Christmas for my daughter listed at $30, end price after all the hidden fees is $65, more than 2x the original listed price. I did not get anything fancy, after I entered my card info, the price was $65. Will NEVER order from them again and will tell others the same!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

The Philodendra arrive as a gift from my daughter and it was almost dead. The dirt from the pot has been spilled in the container and, when opened, mud and soil was everywhere. Very poor packaging and quality. I tried to call C.S but they put me on hold because I didn't have the order #. I will NEVER use them... Have had other problems in the past.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I can now convert my UK phone number to International Code, I have a new password which is not being recognised by ProFlowers. I have a lot of orders which I wish to place for Christmas. I do not want to spend a lot of time on this computer, I am busy. I find ProFlowers unhelpful. This report is based on my own experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I ordered some flowers for my mother's 90th birthday. I gave 4 days lead time prior to when I requested the delivery to the nursing home where she lives. The delivery was 'left at the front door. Signature Service not requested.' I'm unclear as to why they didn't deliver to someone at the nursing home since there were plenty of people around at 3:29 pm. When my sister was able to track down the flowers, they were wilted and some of the blooms came moldy. I requested a refund but also ended up having to do without flowers for the birthday celebrate. VERY disappointed!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

I wanted flowers for my friend who just had major surgery. Being limited on funds, I trusted I would be ok with 2nd arrangement presented. I was VERY disappointed. When she posted a picture of it it looked pitiful. Very sparse for the money I paid. I wound up paying almost $70.00 for a pathetic, sparse looking arrangement. I am embarrassed too. In addition, if you wanted one of the bigger arrangements it added about five days to the delivery date. That's outrageous. I had no choice but to go with the simpler arrangement in order to get a decent delivery date and it was a very bad idea all around. Will not use ProFlowers again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I had a worst experience with PROFLOWERS. I bought Groupon for $15.00 for $30.00 item. I was trying to use this promotion through Groupon. Today they have free shipping so it was a good bargain to use my Groupon. I couldn’t do it online so I called their customer service and lady waste my 45 minutes. I explained my situation her first and then she said, "Let me help you place an order." Once get to review section after promotion my total order to pay was $35.00. I asked her why I have to pay this as my promotion is $15.00 for $30.00 item and shipping is free so except care and handling $2.99 + tax $4.00 approx I do not owe more than $5.00 and goes on & on that we can use only one promotion.

There no promotion code for free shipping and I only use one offer code per order. I spoke to supervisor John too and no help from him too. I just wasted my $15.00 with Groupon too as it’s a wrong advertisement which put me in this situation. There no customer service and very hefty prices with shipping $12.99 + care handling. $2.99 + tax $4.00 = $20.00 additional on top of your product item you purchase. COMPLETE RIPOFF.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

ProGifter Club: Select 3 Recipients to receive the same floral arrangement cost at $99.00 w/ free shipping. Item: All the Frills. Horrible Presentation: Arrives in box w/ flowers tightly wrapped into a 4 inch ball. Deceptive Description: Photo represents full, mature, beautiful flowers. At date of purchase 10/2017, site did not indicate "arrives in bud form" but as of 12/6/17, now indicates it on their site. Photo & description did not represent my purchase. Floral Quantity: Photo shows a glass vase of many full flowers. Purchase has less flowers & small in size. Arrives with 1/2 less flowers than shown in the photo. Floral Quality: Unhealthy looking flowers. Flowers are brown at the tips and actually quite small & ugly looking.

Horrible Experience: Progifter Club indicates choosing 3 recipients to receive flowers. The sheer embarrassment we have experienced of sending these gifts to 2 recipients in Oct. unaware of the quality, and only finding out by the third shipment in Dec. what it looked like because the 3rd shipment came to our home. Cost: Total purchase for 3 arrangements at $99 is $33 per arrangement. Each arrangement reflects about a $7 purchase. Grocery store flowers make these ProFlowers look PITIFUL! ProFlowers loses Customer: I have used this company several times in years past & did not have complaints. This is my last experience (2017) with this company due to the utter shame of giving something of this quality to people as birthday gifts. Buyer Beware...

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Very unfortunate as I was relying on ProFlowers to deliver a beautiful bouquet for my grandmother’s funeral. I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and could not time travel to my grandmother’s funeral. I was relying on ProFlowers to send my bouquet to the funeral home and for my flowers to be buried with her. I just wasted 25 minutes on the phone with customer service. I wish ProFlowers was more reliable. ProFlowers should put higher priority on funeral service flowers and have a better vetting process for the florists you contract. Will never use ProFlowers again. I recommend they remove the sentence “Rest assured that your gift will arrive on time, and will express your sentiments perfectly.” from their confirmation email. DO NOT USE PROFLOWERS!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I ordered the Deluxe winter blooms, which were on their website as available, on a Monday. The delivery was set for Wednesday and when they arrived they were the wrong flowers. I called and they told me they would have the correct flowers sent the next day. Next day they delivered the wrong flowers again. So when I called the customer service in complete shock that they were wrong. I specifically asked them to call me first if there was gonna be another problem sending the correct flowers.

On the third delivery they again sent the wrong flowers WITHOUT CALLING ME like I asked. I feel like it's basic customer service to call on a third try if they can not complete the order correctly. Instead they delivered the same flowers as they did on the second delivery. I did request a full refund as I was tired of dealing with this for three days of my work week. I will wait the 7 days and hopefully receive my refund. This by far has been the worst experience dealing with an online florist. As I know they are not the one preparing. They should implement some better quality control or at least contact the customer to avoid negative reviews. I highly recommend you find another company to order your loved one's flowers.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I have been dealing uneventfully with this company for many years and only recently gave it a 5-star review however, more recently, the company offered me a significant discount of which I decided to take advantage. I then encountered three issues: the discounted flowers had attached to it an even more significant delivery cost which amounted to twice the cost of the not-so-discounted after all flowers! Nevertheless, I decided to simply carry on and ordered them to be delivered to a dear friend just prior to the holiday. Unfortunately, the order failed to be delivered. I've been encountering a seemingly endless series of such corporate ineptitude lately so this was a "last straw" for me.

I was prompted to contact the service via their Internet email service but when I clicked on "send" after having described my complaint, I was informed that an error had been encountered while processing my request and to "Please try again". I then contacted the service directly to issue the complaint and request compensation. I will not be using this firm again and will be reluctant to issue a good review of any company from here on. At my advanced age, I am not used to such incompetence, having been so rare in my day but which seems only to have begun to appear so utterly routinely over the past five or so years.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I ordered Thanksgiving flowers for my mom since I’m unable to be home for the holidays due to being so far in my pregnancy, and my mom received flowers that were completely damaged. I honestly couldn’t believe it. Instead of the mums being an orange color they were bright yellow and looked similar to lilies. Also, my mom explained to me that it looked like someone had snipped the mums off the stems; the mums were laying at the bottom of the Styrofoam the flowers were packaged inside of. I called ProFlowers and they were very respectable and are sending a replacement to my mom in time for Thanksgiving. Hopefully, these flowers are not damaged. I have posted a couple pictures of the damaged flowers my mom received and the original picture of what the flowers should’ve looked like; a complete difference in what I ordered.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I saw the awesome flower displays on their website. I saved the icon on my desktop for use in the future. I used Malwarebytes the next day as I always do. My PC had 125 items of malware that all traced back to ProFlowers.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Had plans of sending my girlfriend 2 dozen long stem roses, at the hospital that she worked. Everything seemed legit, was getting notices from UPS about delivery, and then a delivered notification to some loading dock. Not the address given or the floor she worked. Needless to say, I am backpedalling and struggling to find ways to make up for the surprise that never got to show up today. What a way to start a relationship. I did get a refund for non-delivery, but yet again, they didn't deliver the product they claim. Never again will I use them or their affiliate companies.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Sent a ceramic pumpkin with lid and orange mum arrangement. What was delivered was a ceramic pumpkin base, a 18 inch tall mum and no lid. I called them and spoke to customer service who apologized and said they would send a replacement. Even though it would arrive 2 days after Halloween. So I said OK. The replacement was the same base another ridiculous tall plant and NO LID AGAIN. I called them and they said they would send out another one. We will see if this is right but they said I couldn't get the missing lids for the two previous pumpkins. Will not be using again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I put in an order on October 9th to be delivered to my wife for her birthday in the AM hours on October 23rd. It never happened and they kept telling me it's coming, it's coming, it's coming. I had my wife work at work till 6:00 p.m. which she normally gets off at 3:00 p.m. and it never happened... Totally ** up my surprise for my wife on her birthday. I will never use ProFlowers again in my life and I suggest you don't either if you want something delivered on time or for some special occasion because it probably won't get there.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ProFlowers Company Information

www.proflowers.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use