1.52/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1386 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I would not recommend this company for your floral needs. Worst company I have ever dealt with and their customer service doesnt care. Bought a plant for my wife for her birthday and the plant literally showed up dead, wilted, awful. Called customer service. They didn't care at all. Finally offered a full refund and had no intentions to make it right. Never buy from them again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have ordered flowers some ProFlowers many times before in the past. I work overseas and always send flowers home and like the way the flowers arrived from ProFlowers before. This time I set up flowers to be delivered on a very special day as my fiance and I are expecting and she had a doctor's appointment scheduled on my birthday as we were finding out what we were having! I scheduled the flowers to be delivered and ordered them 2 weeks before my birthday. NOTHING. I received nothing past my email confirmation for my order, I asked her brother if they showed up, again NOTHING. I then contacted customer service, which they state they are there 24 hours to help, took them over 24 hours to respond. They then stated there was a problem with my credit card. They are correct, my bank cancelled my card due to it being compromised on the 4th of December.

I received 3 emails from them all stating the same thing. They told me that I was sent an email about it and to go to my order and update my order. But their email is full of crap as I didn't receive any email from them. They then told me that I can still have my flowers delivered by going to my account and "clicking on the modify/change order" button, which again is a lie when I went to the page there was no button to change anything as it states on their site "if you cannot modify or change your order you have to call the 1800."

I then receive another email from a different person that then tells me that they called and left me a voicemail. So now their customer service department can't even keep their stories straight. They told me that I could change the delivery date on flowers that are now pointless, as I already talked to my fiance about it and the surprise isn't the same, but they will offer me free shipping this time. Save your time and money. Don't do any business with ProFlowers or the FTD flower company. I will not be any longer.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought these flowers as an anniversary gift for my wife. When they had not arrived by 8pm on the delivery date, I was beyond irate. This year the wife and I desired to simplify and only get each other one gift. Really ruined the day when my simple gift had still not arrived by 9pm. People order from this business to commemorate specific dates or events on specific dates. When the item isn't delivered on the agreed upon date, it defeats the whole purpose. We even denote what type of event the item is for when they are purchased. Ironically, the flowers just arrived about 20 minutes ago. I called customer service last night, spoke to Alan, and cancelled my order. Alan promised me a full refund. That's cool from a business perspective, but that won't alleviate the sadness of my wife not receiving her anniversary gift.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have ordered flowers in the past so decided to try again. First, choose an arrangement, then begin to order. Wow, the vase is not included, it actually costs more than the flowers. Then I was inundated with numerous choices to add - - -??? What the hell? Why can't I order flowers at the price listed which includes the vase? Deceptive advertising! I don't respond well with all this BS. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Recently was a victim of fraud and they spent every cent they could at this establishment. Looking at these other reviews one can only assume this is a scam. They also ordered pizza and I got that money back via dispute but I can’t get the money from ProFlowers? Do not order anything from these scam artists.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Purchased flowers for my sister’s funeral on Sunday, 12/1. Flowers were to be delivered to funeral home on Monday, 12/2 in the afternoon. ProFlowers knew as early as Monday, 11:00 am that they could not make delivery. They did not make contact with me until today, which is a day after the delivery and only after I made an online inquiry as to status. I am hurt that they did not try to call/email me so I could make other arrangements.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

Ordered a Christmas arrangement during cyber savings week and paid for a Saturday delivery. They were not delivered because the company changed the delivery date. Called customer service and was put on hold until the call dropped. This happened twice. The third time I did get some help but they charged me the full price of the arrangement along with an extra $5.99 rush charge, $12.99 for standard delivery, plus another $3.99 for Care and Handling. I think you would be far better off ordering from some other company. The arrangements did not match picture... Delivered on wrong day.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Last year on my anniversary, I used ProFlowers to order roses to be delivered to my girlfriend. The flowers were delivered after the day I chose (my anniversary), so I looked like a jerk for missing my anniversary. Fortunately, ProFlowers gave me a refund, insisting that this was not their usual service. However, I should have read reviews like the ones on here. This year, I used them again. And again, no flowers showed up on my anniversary date. They even sent me an email saying they were switching my order from one dozen red roses to 18 Candy Cane roses in order to make sure I got them on the day I requested. And still, no flowers. Today is the day after my anniversary, and I called to cancel the order. They've run out of chances with me, and I hope that no one uses them ever again after reading this review and all the other terrible reviews on here.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Please avoid purchasing from this company if you are expecting your order to deliver as pictured. I sent my daughter a sympathy bouquet to help lift her spirits. She just lost her best friend in a car accident and she is grieving. The picture showed this beautiful arrangement and they delivered a bunch of stems and weeds! I was mortified when she sent me the picture. It looks like a child arranged it! I called ProFlowers and they gave me the option for 30% refund, then 50% until I finally lost it and asked them how they could charge anyone for weeds! It was $76! They finally agreed for a full refund, but as others have listed the experience was already crushed.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I ordered a deluxe lily arrangement to be delivered to my girlfriend on her graduation day. I paid extra for extra blooms and for them to be delivered early. $80 total and not one flower was bloomed. Very disappointed. Who wants a bunch of buds delivered to your school as a surprise. Won’t be ordering from ProFlowers again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Like so many others here, I was completely unaware that flowers would be delivered IN A BOX. I wanted to send my mom flowers as a congratulations on her new job. They were delivered by UPS in a box IN BUD FORM, not even bloomed. I am so disappointed. The rep on the phone tried to tell me that their website States how the flowers are delivered but I couldn't find it there. They refunded me the $70 I spent, but they totally ruined the experience for both my mother and myself. I will be ordering from a local florist going forward.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Bad company. Never deal with them. First time they cancelled the order. Second time, there was a delay without notification with wrong order and double the price. Unreliable. Argumentative on the phone. Bad!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I couldn't be more disappointed with ProFlowers.com. I ordered a bouquet to be sent to my mom on her birthday. My mom who appreciated the gesture sent me a photo saying, "I can't wait until they bloom." The bouquet that was delivered to her had 15 completely unopened flower buds. It literally does not have a single flower. I can't tell you how much I would recommend ANY other flower company. I understand that they will probably open up in a few days and may look fine, but that isn't what I paid for. I will say that I called and they refunded my money, but frankly I was more than happy to pay the $60 to give my mom a birthday present that she would enjoy. I wish so badly that I could attach the photo of what was advertised versus what she received because it is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I ordered flowers a month in advanced for my anniversary. Only to find out now that they will be arriving the day after instead. Not Dependable. They need to hire some people with real experience that can actually run a business.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I ordered flowers, through a Groupon, two weeks before they were to be delivered. I, too, did not see until order was placed that they are delivered by UPS. I wanted them delivered on a Friday because my daughter is home that day. Well, I was notified that there was a "delay" in the delivery and they would be delivered the next business day, which would be Monday. They would be dead by then. I was NOT given a complete refund. Only for the additional amount over and above the Groupon. NEVER WILL I USE PROFLOWERS AGAIN! I should have checked this site before I ordered!!! Many disappointed people!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Don’t make my mistake, be sure to read entire checkout page before placing order. I was not aware the flowers would be delivered in a box and by UPS (so tracking was: ‘out for delivery’ at 9 AM and next alert was ‘delivered’ at 5:48 PM). It’s not suitable for special occasions like anniversaries because my wife had to assemble her own flowers which ended up taking the experience of getting flowers away. The flowers turned out nice and I liked the convenience of ordering online. But in the end, it was 90 dollars spent to assemble flowers. Support your local florist please!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

My boyfriend ordered me flowers and they sent them to me with the incorrect card. I got a 'happy bday' from 2 random strangers instead of the sweet anniversary note. Then they resent the card a week later and used a WHOLE EMPTY flower box for a postcard sized note, that is individually packaged in an envelope anyway! It is just such a waste of a lot of cardboard and cannot be good for the environment. This company needs to review some of its practices, specifically packaging and what is packed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Found out very late that a cousin passed away. Ordered flowers for next day delivery to the funeral home around 1030 that night. Funeral service started at 10 am the next day (a Saturday). Got an email that said something like “our local florist has your order and will start on it right away”. All day Sat, never got a delivery confirmation. Tried calling customer service and got message saying “higher call volume than normal.” Still no delivery confirmation on Sunday. Was able to reach someone in customer service that said there was a problem with the order and the florist now needs a home address to send the flowers to.

To say I was furious is an understatement. The reason for this ** show is because I placed my order at night (and paid a premium for next day delivery, a weekend fee, and a service fee = $25 extra!), but the shop doesn’t open until 9 am, and the funeral service started at 10 am. WHY, WHY DID NO ONE CALL OR EMAIL OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WHEN I TRIED TO PLACE MY ORDER, AFTER PLACING MY ORDER, OR THE NEXT ** MORNING when the shop opened?! I only found out about this because I called them. Inexcusable.

I am appalled and disgusted at the lack of customer service, transparency, and quality of everything. I will never ever again order through this place. God forbid any other future online flower orders go through the same local florist. Shame on all of you for being neglectful. Absolutely infuriating. Would give 0 stars if I could. ** THIS WEBSITE AND THAT FLORAL SHOP.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I wish he would stop using ProFlowers. He's had bad experiences in the past and stopped using them. But got good offer and thought he'd try again. Sent me 24 roses for my birthday. Three days later, they were wide open, drooping, brown edges, petals falling off. After three days!! He called them, they sent a replacement since they guarantee them for 7 days. Three days after receiving the replacement? Same thing. He's calling for a refund and will not use them ever again. It's over.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I recently ordered flowers to be delivered the next day to my wife. For some reason after I placed the order, I read the reviews of ProFlowers and was so concerned that I tried to cancel my order but it had already shipped. The next day I was pleasantly surprised when the flowers arrived even earlier than promised. They were of higher quality than what was advertised. The flowers are still beautiful to this day almost a week later. I give them a 5 and will surely use them again. Thank you ProFlowers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday and when they were delivered I was very disappointed. Although the delivery went fine the flowers arrived half missing! Come on... However, I contacted the company through chat and right away they apologized and offered to send replacements. So this is the reason for 3 stars. Next time I'll just buy flowers and hand deliver them myself.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

So when you pay over $100 you should at least expect the flowers you ordered. Nope. Instead of the FIJI GETAWAY - 12 STEMS OF HOT PINK GARDEN ROSES she received 24 roses that were multi colored. Later I found out they emailed me last min and mentioned something about the flowers not passing quality check so they sent different ones and they never do this apparently. I was refunded $20 on the spot for the inconvenience. However the vase I purchased wasn't in the box at all so it cancels out the inconvenience fee. So I decided to dispute through PayPal.

The reason why I didn't give them 1/5 stars is because my girlfriend really loved them and they came in at the perfect time. Which was enough to add 2 stars. But still when you pay $100 for an item you expect that item 100%. I should AT LEAST get 50% off for what I paid. I don't think I'll be using this company again because I wouldn't want this to happen to me again.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife for Mother's Day. I received them dead and moldy. I contacted ProFlowers and all I was given was a apology. That nothing can be done and they sent me a 25.00 gift code through email to give them another chance. No refund of any sort for the dead flowers. Against my better judgment I just tried to order flowers for my wife's B-Day. The flowers are on sale 50% off and with the code I figured that I will give it one more try. As soon as I added them to cart the price went from 50% off to full price. With that 25.00 code they gave me it turned out to be more than on sale. I called them and you guessed it. Nothing they can do. I will be supporting my local florist from now on. Save your money. Don't go with ProFlowers unless you want a big disappointment and they ship out nothing but trash.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered $60 worth of flowers to be sent to my wife for an anniversary. What they sent me wasn't even close of what they had on the picture... Terrible. Then the customer service told me that 98% get sent out is right and that I was the 2%. Such a joke.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I placed an online order to be delivered to my mother the day before her birthday to make sure she had them for her birthday. On her birthday, I received a strange email from ProFlowers thanking me for contacting them and indicating they issued a refund for a fraction of the cost of the flowers I purchased. Apparently, the order was damaged in shipment and would not be delivered on the day I requested, and further would not be delivered for another day or two. I contacted customer service and was transferred to reps outside of the US. They were extremely unhelpful. They refused to let me cancel the order and order a same day delivery, did not offer any suggestions to get the flowers to my mom and were basically rude. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered flowers for a funeral I couldn't attend of a close friend of mine 4 days ago and was called 15 minutes before the service started saying they couldn't be delivered and if there was another address it could be sent to. I scheduled for it to be delivered by 10 am on today's date (9/13/18) since the service started at 11. I received a call saying it was not delivered because the florist came in at 9 am today (opening) and didn't have enough time. The thing I don't understand is if I placed this order well in advance why would they not go ahead and prepare for this early delivery especially during this time of grieving. I will not be purchasing from ProFlowers again and recommend you not to for important occasions.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

If you do not need to contact their customer service, then I guess they're okay. But if there's any chance you need to speak to someone over the phone, you are GUARANTEED to get disconnected. Their agents love hanging up on you. I had it happen THREE times in a row today. So if you love getting intentionally hung up on, then this is a good company to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered flowers on Friday to be delivered to my daughter on Saturday. She broke her elbow and I wanted to cheer her up. The flowers have been in transit for three days. Today is Monday and she still has not received her flowers. Unacceptable. I will never order from ProFlowers again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers 2 days before my daughter-in-law's birthday (they live on a Marine base) and received an email saying they would be delivered the next day. Two days later, I received another email saying the delivery was delayed by a day. After no delivery, I called and they said they checked with 2 florists and neither could deliver on base. But they didn't even let me know! I googled for florists in the same town, chose one with a high ranking, called and they do deliver on base, and placed an order for same day delivery with a nicer arrangement for less money! No more ProFlowers, ever!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

So I ordered flowers from this crappy company a week before my sister's birthday. They didn't arrive. Contacted them. They assured me they would make a new bouquet and that it would arrive the next day. They didn't arrive. Complained again. My sister finally received her flowers 2 days after her birthday BROWN, WILTED AND DROOPING!! And ugly NOT LIKE THE PICTURE to boot!! It's obvious to me that they didn't make a new arrangement, that I'm sure the same flowers were in transit for the entire 3 days!! After refusing to pay, contacting my credit card and PayPal I received a full refund. Also I got a 4th apology email asking to use their services again... Seriously as if. HAH!!!

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs