1.62/5

1369 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Found out very late that a cousin passed away. Ordered flowers for next day delivery to the funeral home around 1030 that night. Funeral service started at 10 am the next day (a Saturday). Got an email that said something like “our local florist has your order and will start on it right away”. All day Sat, never got a delivery confirmation. Tried calling customer service and got message saying “higher call volume than normal.” Still no delivery confirmation on Sunday. Was able to reach someone in customer service that said there was a problem with the order and the florist now needs a home address to send the flowers to.

To say I was furious is an understatement. The reason for this ** show is because I placed my order at night (and paid a premium for next day delivery, a weekend fee, and a service fee = $25 extra!), but the shop doesn’t open until 9 am, and the funeral service started at 10 am. WHY, WHY DID NO ONE CALL OR EMAIL OR SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WHEN I TRIED TO PLACE MY ORDER, AFTER PLACING MY ORDER, OR THE NEXT ** MORNING when the shop opened?! I only found out about this because I called them. Inexcusable.

I am appalled and disgusted at the lack of customer service, transparency, and quality of everything. I will never ever again order through this place. God forbid any other future online flower orders go through the same local florist. Shame on all of you for being neglectful. Absolutely infuriating. Would give 0 stars if I could. ** THIS WEBSITE AND THAT FLORAL SHOP.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I wish he would stop using ProFlowers. He's had bad experiences in the past and stopped using them. But got good offer and thought he'd try again. Sent me 24 roses for my birthday. Three days later, they were wide open, drooping, brown edges, petals falling off. After three days!! He called them, they sent a replacement since they guarantee them for 7 days. Three days after receiving the replacement? Same thing. He's calling for a refund and will not use them ever again. It's over.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I recently ordered flowers to be delivered the next day to my wife. For some reason after I placed the order, I read the reviews of ProFlowers and was so concerned that I tried to cancel my order but it had already shipped. The next day I was pleasantly surprised when the flowers arrived even earlier than promised. They were of higher quality than what was advertised. The flowers are still beautiful to this day almost a week later. I give them a 5 and will surely use them again. Thank you ProFlowers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday and when they were delivered I was very disappointed. Although the delivery went fine the flowers arrived half missing! Come on... However, I contacted the company through chat and right away they apologized and offered to send replacements. So this is the reason for 3 stars. Next time I'll just buy flowers and hand deliver them myself.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

So when you pay over $100 you should at least expect the flowers you ordered. Nope. Instead of the FIJI GETAWAY - 12 STEMS OF HOT PINK GARDEN ROSES she received 24 roses that were multi colored. Later I found out they emailed me last min and mentioned something about the flowers not passing quality check so they sent different ones and they never do this apparently. I was refunded $20 on the spot for the inconvenience. However the vase I purchased wasn't in the box at all so it cancels out the inconvenience fee. So I decided to dispute through PayPal.

The reason why I didn't give them 1/5 stars is because my girlfriend really loved them and they came in at the perfect time. Which was enough to add 2 stars. But still when you pay $100 for an item you expect that item 100%. I should AT LEAST get 50% off for what I paid. I don't think I'll be using this company again because I wouldn't want this to happen to me again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers for my wife for Mother's Day. I received them dead and moldy. I contacted ProFlowers and all I was given was a apology. That nothing can be done and they sent me a 25.00 gift code through email to give them another chance. No refund of any sort for the dead flowers. Against my better judgment I just tried to order flowers for my wife's B-Day. The flowers are on sale 50% off and with the code I figured that I will give it one more try. As soon as I added them to cart the price went from 50% off to full price. With that 25.00 code they gave me it turned out to be more than on sale. I called them and you guessed it. Nothing they can do. I will be supporting my local florist from now on. Save your money. Don't go with ProFlowers unless you want a big disappointment and they ship out nothing but trash.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered $60 worth of flowers to be sent to my wife for an anniversary. What they sent me wasn't even close of what they had on the picture... Terrible. Then the customer service told me that 98% get sent out is right and that I was the 2%. Such a joke.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I placed an online order to be delivered to my mother the day before her birthday to make sure she had them for her birthday. On her birthday, I received a strange email from ProFlowers thanking me for contacting them and indicating they issued a refund for a fraction of the cost of the flowers I purchased. Apparently, the order was damaged in shipment and would not be delivered on the day I requested, and further would not be delivered for another day or two. I contacted customer service and was transferred to reps outside of the US. They were extremely unhelpful. They refused to let me cancel the order and order a same day delivery, did not offer any suggestions to get the flowers to my mom and were basically rude. I will never use this company again.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I ordered flowers for a funeral I couldn't attend of a close friend of mine 4 days ago and was called 15 minutes before the service started saying they couldn't be delivered and if there was another address it could be sent to. I scheduled for it to be delivered by 10 am on today's date (9/13/18) since the service started at 11. I received a call saying it was not delivered because the florist came in at 9 am today (opening) and didn't have enough time. The thing I don't understand is if I placed this order well in advance why would they not go ahead and prepare for this early delivery especially during this time of grieving. I will not be purchasing from ProFlowers again and recommend you not to for important occasions.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

If you do not need to contact their customer service, then I guess they're okay. But if there's any chance you need to speak to someone over the phone, you are GUARANTEED to get disconnected. Their agents love hanging up on you. I had it happen THREE times in a row today. So if you love getting intentionally hung up on, then this is a good company to deal with.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I ordered flowers on Friday to be delivered to my daughter on Saturday. She broke her elbow and I wanted to cheer her up. The flowers have been in transit for three days. Today is Monday and she still has not received her flowers. Unacceptable. I will never order from ProFlowers again.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I ordered flowers 2 days before my daughter-in-law's birthday (they live on a Marine base) and received an email saying they would be delivered the next day. Two days later, I received another email saying the delivery was delayed by a day. After no delivery, I called and they said they checked with 2 florists and neither could deliver on base. But they didn't even let me know! I googled for florists in the same town, chose one with a high ranking, called and they do deliver on base, and placed an order for same day delivery with a nicer arrangement for less money! No more ProFlowers, ever!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

So I ordered flowers from this crappy company a week before my sister's birthday. They didn't arrive. Contacted them. They assured me they would make a new bouquet and that it would arrive the next day. They didn't arrive. Complained again. My sister finally received her flowers 2 days after her birthday BROWN, WILTED AND DROOPING!! And ugly NOT LIKE THE PICTURE to boot!! It's obvious to me that they didn't make a new arrangement, that I'm sure the same flowers were in transit for the entire 3 days!! After refusing to pay, contacting my credit card and PayPal I received a full refund. Also I got a 4th apology email asking to use their services again... Seriously as if. HAH!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Ordered 100 flowers with a vase for my grandmother’s 90th birthday, the worst flower company! The flowers was almost dead when delivered, the vase was freaking hot to touch! Wasted money, never again! Good job ProFlowers... or NOT!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered my wife 18 long stem roses and we got 9 long and 9 short stem in a rectangular FedEx box left inside our gate. No attempt to contact my wife in the house. The flowers were also all black around the edges. Will never use again. They look nothing like their ads, nothing!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

Ordered flower for girlfriends birthday scheduled delivery birthday. Delivery day comes and goes. No flowers. No email with problem. Next day email saying delivery that day. Day comes & day goes. Next day, I get email saying delivery that day. By then I had enough called and then after call email with still un-happy results. They said package got damage original delivery day and they sent out new order to be delivery for two day later. Why wasn't someone telling me problems and then since not my fault why not Overnight-ed to fix problem. They say, "Sorry we'll refund shipping cost only." No reduction in flowers, no reduction in their handling fee, no discount on future order & from call and email I sent no care for my business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered flowers with a $19.99 delivery charge for same day/local florist. The flowers were never delivered. It took me 2 hours, 2 disconnected calls and a supervising "gatekeeper" 2 levels up to even begin to make it right. After a difficult knockdown, drag out verbal "negotiation"... It still isn't. If they guarantee satisfaction and back the deliveries contracted for, upon failing to do as promised I think the delivery should have been made pro-gratis... at no charge... immediately.

There is NOTHING that can ever make it right. The widow SHOULD have received my order yesterday. It will now be 3 days late. The corporate office is listed as Pro Flowers Corporate Office Headquarters, Provide Commerce 4840 Eastgate Mall, San Diego, California 92121. Corporate Phone Number: 1-858-729-2800. Voice mail FULL and then transfer back to a worthlessly unempowered customer service agent who can barely speak the English language discernibly. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Mom’s 72nd birthday, I ordered her something out of the norm... some chocolates. A day late and full of ANTS! Immediately threw it all away and called and was promptly refunded our money. Goodbye ProFlowers.

Original review: July 13, 2018

This was my first and last time ever using a flower delivery service. I placed an order for flowers at around 10 am because it's the anniversary of my mother's death and wanted my grandparents to have something special. I paid for same day delivery. I waited all day until 6:30 pm and they still had not been delivered. I reached out and come to find out "they only have one florist in the area and your order was unable to be fulfilled." So I asked why I was the one that had to call and find this out. They said they weren't notified by the florist that they couldn't fulfill the order. Which is absolute bull.

This seems to be a common issue after reading all of these reviews. I was given the choice to pick something else out to have it be delivered tomorrow (supposedly) or cancel the order for a refund. Obviously I picked the refund. The whole point of ordering flowers for a specific day is to have them delivered that day. It was such a disappointment to trust a company with a service and have them epically fail on such a sad day already. I will NEVER use flower delivery again because this company CAN'T BE TRUSTED! Save your money people!!!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I use ProFlowers a lot through the year to send to my parents who live far away. Usually the flowers are always beautiful and last for a long time. My most recent order, however, the flowers came and some were broken and it was nothing like the full, bright bouquet I ordered. I called ProFlowers to let them know and they offered me a few different options for how they could make up for this mistake. The representative apologized to me (a few times) and I felt the whole situation was handled quickly, professionally, and guaranteed that they keep my business. This is how good businesses run. I'm a business owner myself and nothing makes me happier than a big company really showing they value their customers. Mistakes happen for sure, but it's how they are handled that makes the difference.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I placed an order for mini orchids as a gift to myself... picture showed orchids on 2 branches. I received a few orchids on one branch and that is how it stayed for the about 3 weeks it survived. Nothing new grew in. Very disappointed. Pity I did not check it out first!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I will never order flowers from them again!!! I had flowers deliver twice. Once in February and the other time in June and both times they were awful. They showed up death both times to the same person. I called to complain and couldn’t get a hold of anyone and no one called me back. The worst customer service I ever received. I left messages and no response.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Not only do they overcharge on shipping, they don't deliver! They've screwed me twice! They claim to attempt delivery but, they really don't. This is the second non-delivery on the date I chose. The first time they delivered "Dead, yes, Dead" flowers 3-days later! ProFlowers is a SCAM!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary just to get a email the day of saying they do not have the flowers in stock so to contact them for a second choice. I called them and they told me they could not send out flowers because the florist has no other flowers to send. The only thing they were willing to do was cancel the order and refund my money. So the day of my anniversary I have to try and find flowers somewhere else. I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Just like I now see everyone else has described, this is a HORRIBLE company to deal with. I saw a Groupon coupon for $30 worth of flowers for just $14 and I needed to order some flowers for a sick friend. Before I bought the coupon I went onto the ProFlowers.com website and found exactly what I wanted and put it into my cart. I went through ALL of the steps and even checked out, to the point where all I had left to do was enter any discount codes and my credit card info to pay. My order came to $44.98 and they showed that total in the invoice that the site presented, asking me to enter my payment details as the final step. I was ok buying the $14 Groupon deal that got me $30 towards the flowers and then paying the $14.98 left over amount, so I went ahead and bought the Groupon coupon. I went back into my flower order and applied the coupon code and then submitted all of my payment details to pay for the order.

It was only AFTER I submitted my payment info that I suddenly saw that the final price shot up to over $66.00. WHAT??? How can that be? How can they show one price, have you fill out ALL the details of the order, including payment info, and only then add in over $22 of undisclosed fees (taxes, handling, delivery, etc)?SO dishonest and shady. Really unethical business practices for sure. And now I read that everyone is also complaining that the flowers usually arrive late, if at all, and that they usually look beaten up and not like what they show online. So basically they rip you off and then send a bunch of crap. WHY does the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs allow this to continue with SO many complaints against them?

And I love how the banner at the top of the ProFlowers website boasts that they have "the highest customer satisfaction with online flower retailers for 4 years in a row, according to J.D. Power". I'm guessing that the J.D. Power they must be referring to is the owner's neighbor, or someone he knows with the same name as the reputable retail business ranking service (LOL), or HOW could JD Powers ignore the hundreds & hundreds of complaints and that ProFlowers has only a 1.5 star rating on almost every consumer feedback site I have seen? Everyone seems to pretty much agree that ProFlowers.com SUCKS!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I make simple purchase online 1 dozen rose, delivery date May 10. Dead box, wrong flower show up, Father's Day. I call for customer's support. I talk to 13 yr old girl from my home Bangkok. She know nothing about flower. I hang up. I done. No more ProFlowers. No pro. Amateur flower.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I bought these flowers as a surprise for my wife's anniversary and they were NOT delivered!!! Called the next day to ProFlowers and found out the delivery person delivered them to who knows where, without any signature!!! Ruined my anniversary since it was a surprise and since my wife didn't receive anything on her anniversary it looked like I completely forgot!!!

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered flowers for my mother-in-law's birthday. The flowers I chose from the website did not look anything like what was delivered. I contacted JustFlowers because I was extremely upset and dissatisfied. I have been given the runaround. After a week and a half, the customer service department said they would gladly refund $7. I paid $75 for a arrangement that looks like a $20 arrangement put together by a 10 year old. This company does not stand by their guarantee. I have asked to speak to a manager and have never gotten through. DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE. It is a total joke. The pictures below reflect what I choose from the website and what was delivered. Granted the flowers didn’t last 7 days.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I ordered my wife some flowers from ProFlowers (rainbow Roses). The first order was on time but all but 4 Roses never bloomed. They were tended to by following the directions (we have ordered Roses before and know how to tend them). I called to discuss the issue and opted for them to be resent instead of a refund. The second order was a hot mess. The flowers were beat up with several roses having been broken during shipping. The box of chocolates was completely melted into 1 nasty blob. I will not waste my time and money on a third try with this company. I will go back to using local florist and get flowers the same day and be able to address issues in person.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Selection shown online does not match actual delivery in quality. Delivery undependable and virtually non-existent. Customer service not a service, many cannot even speak English clearly. Will never use again.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs