ProFlowers

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I previously used 1-800-Flowers. Several years ago I tried Proflowers.com and was very satisfied with their services. I've been using them since. Today is my 31st anniversary. Last Wednesday I ordered flowers for my wife. The delivery date was for yesterday Saturday 11/26/16. In addition to $15 delivery charge I was charged an additional $10 for Saturday delivery. The flowers never arrived. I gave it until 7pm and then called... they told me "there was a delay" and that they would be delivered on Tuesday 11/29. Totally unacceptable. I requested a refund. Unfortunately I was speaking with a girl who could barely speak English and had a rapid static type speech that was unintelligible. I asked for a confirmation email for the cancellation and refund. I didn't receive that, nor did my bank account reflect a refund.

I called again today and asked for a supervisor. Got the same girl. Said she could help me. Refused to contact a supervisor. Went over the same information with serious difficulty in understanding her. They made no effort to save the situation -- like maybe making a special delivery today. Nothing. I'm lucky if I get a refund. Their services have deteriorated. I won't be using them again. And I'll also be telling everyone I know not to use them. It's bad enough that you have to hope you get what you ordered but it's worse to have to fight for a refund and the company does not even hire people for phone work that can be understood during conversation. Seems like they just don't care. I hope their customers take the same stance and don't care about using them for flower delivery. Terrible!!! Worst customer service.

I have been ordering from ProFlowers for years now, and never had any issues and always had beautiful arrangements sent. This year I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday 3 weeks in advance. I received an email asking I update the credit card I was using. When I called and spoke with customer service they informed me the arrangement I ordered was no longer available. I changed the order that day and they assured me it would be delivered without issue. The day of her birthday I woke to another email from ProFlowers stating that the flowers I ordered were no longer available.

When I called the customer assistant told me that they do not have anyone in the area who can deliver arrangements at all. I asked her how that could be as this is the 5th year I have used their services in that area. She did nothing to check or see if there was a way to help me out since it was the day of. When I asked to talk to a manager she told me I would have to call back later. If the company had told me two weeks ago that there were no florists in the area that could deliver I wouldn't be upset, but the day of after talking to customer representatives twice and having to change my order twice is very frustrating. I will no longer be using ProFlowers.

What a joke. Ordered flower for next day standard shipping online. Was charged for rush deliver which was an over charger. Called the company. They agreed to fix it. Flower didn't even show up the day they were suppose to. Called to get a refund for what I didn't receive. Let's see how that plays out. I wouldn't recommend.

Ordered floral arrangement for daughter who was in hospital. Received email saying they were delivered when in actuality they were not. Was told replacement could not be sent for ten days. The order was going to San Francisco. TEN DAYS!!! Extremely poor customer service. ProFlowers did NOT care about my order or my feelings. Never order from them again!

I have been using ProFlowers for years. I recently ordered a Thanksgiving centerpiece and a flower bouquet at the same time. Both items were going to my home to be delivered on the same day. When I got to checkout I found that there were two separate and distinct delivery charges, one for each item. That made no sense to me whatsoever. One order, one delivery charge, never had I seen where you are charged per item as a separate delivery charge. I contacted ProFlowers and was told that dipped berries, fruit baskets and other gourmet gifts come from different locations, are not packed together thus necessitating separate delivery charges. I informed them that I was not ordering, dipped berries, fruit baskets or other gourmet gifts but flowers.

I received another email after voicing my complaint once again in another email and was told that each item incurs their own shipping costs even though going to one address and was basically told there is nothing we can do about that. I also had told them they could remove my name from their email lists which they said they would do and that it would take ten days. WOW!!! Great customer service. Thank you. You lost a good customer and could care less. The incident #s I received from ProFlowers is in the order box number. There are two.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

I placed an order for same day delivery, and paid the extra fee. I received an immediate confirmation email confirming my delivery date. Almost a full 24 hours later I called to follow up. I was told that they could not find a florist that was open on Sunday. I was very upset since at this point they had taken my money. The rep I had spoke to put me on hold for ten minutes and then came back and told me that he was able to find a florist after all and promised that they would be delivered. When I called back a couple hours later I was told by another Rep that there was a mistake and that my sister would not be receiving her birthday bouquet. This Rep apologized profusely, and even called my sister to accept blame on behalf of the company. She told me that she would make it right and refund the extra delivery charge for the weekend, and throw in some strawberries.

I called the next day to track my delivery only to be told that they were not able to locate a florist who could make my particular arrangement. REALLY?!. At this point I was over it. I told them that I wanted to cancel my order and I expected a full refund for $98.93. I explained to them that I had used a non-reloadable CC. They sent me to their "floral refund expert", and after being on hold for 32 minutes I was hung up on. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB for theft. I wish I would have looked up their reviews prior to giving them my money!

I followed the link provided from advertisements offering free shipping and 20% off. After attempting three separate times and upon checking out having the discounts fail to apply to my order; I finally ordered anyway but called customer service to complain. The person I spoke to had an accent and was difficult to understand. OK, we muddled through and she gave me a 20% discount that will hopefully show up on my credit card. Frankly, this is just too much of an inconvenience and I will look for another company to service me.

I sent flowers to a friend of mine who was in the hospital with kidney failure. She sent me a photo of what she received and I was very disappointed. I spent almost $100 on these and they looked so cheap, maybe $20 worth of flowers. I sent them an email complaining about them and never once heard back. I will never order from them again.

Word to the wise... Don't ever use Pro-Flowers, if you want a floral arrangement to arrive to your mother on her first anniversary, without your father. I should have known better, should have ordered local. I just liked the arrangement I saw. If you do use them, prepare to have your order not even ship on the date it was promised to be delivered, have the money pulled out of your account before it even shipped, get to speak to Kimberly in Customer Service in South America, who repeatedly assured me she knew exactly how I felt, when she had no idea how badly I feel and there was no manager on shift to speak to and there wouldn't be, and then get to speak to Matthew in Corporate, who was lovely in terms of a difficult situation.

He's perfect for call center work with lovely manners, appropriate empathy and soothing voice, but the most he could do was put through a request to refund my money. Sorry guys Eileen **, Zerbe and Jim ** for messing up and sorry Flowers by Jennie ** for not using you like I normally do. I'm not thinking clearly. Sorry Dad James ** that I dropped the ball in this. I'm so sad. #donotuseproflowers #proflowersnogood #usesmalllocalbusinesses.

When I called to get refund they kept giving excuses, like they have to talk to florist, to the florist only speaks Spanish, and many more. Now they say the florist isn't picking up phone, and it's after 10 am on a Tuesday. Now I have to get with my bank and contest the order of the flowers that were never delivered. I do not recommend this company!

So I went on ProFlowers.com to buy a flower arrangement for someone's birthday and have had nothing but a bad experience. I did wait for the last minute to order BUT according to the ProFlowers delivery calendar, they supposedly had same day delivery for an additional cost. I found the arrangement that fit the occasion and proceeded with the checkout also adding a greeting card for an additional 4.99. I placed the order 10/22/2016 at 11:30 am Eastern time understanding to my knowledge that with paying an additional 14.99 for express shipping, the recipient would receive it later that day. Seemed reasonable for such short notice so I follow through with the checkout and come to find out that not only did they charge 14.99 for standard service Shipping, they also charged 4.99 for "weekend" service and another 4.99 for "Saturday" same day service, a total of 25.00.

I continue with the checkout and pay a total of 74.85 between flowers and service fees assuming that they would arrive today. It is now 9:35 pm and the recipient has not received anything. After waiting all day to give them the benefit of the doubt, I called customer service at 7:30 pm and spoke to a representative that said "I will get in touch with the florist to find out the status of your order and I will call you back." Knowing they're not going to call because it's already so late and I'm sure the flower shop is closed and they don't deliver on Sunday. I waited another hour and called again and they gave me the same response.

So I said I would just like a refund and don't need the flowers anymore if they're not going to be there today. Why pay the extra fees for shipping if they're not going to be there when needed. He replied "well we have to wait to see what the florist says and then we can proceed with the refund." So now I have to wait until Monday to find out whether or not they're going to deliver the flowers or give me a refund. Not happy with this experience and not happy with the customer service at all.

Horrible Bait and Switch! Announce one price and same or next day delivery, show you a page with your totals, and the final confirmation page ups the price by at least $10.00. I am sorry that I read the reviews so late - all say the company is bad and that the flowers are rotten - thus far - the dishonest marketing stinks like a bunch of stale dead flowers. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! I shutter to think what my sister's birthday flowers will look like when delivered tomorrow.

I received a delivery yesterday on my birthday from ProFlowers. The Rose buds had brown edges and many Rose buds were wilted and droopy. I found out that my daughter had spent $100 on them. We are both very dissatisfied with ProFlowers and will never order from them again.

I ordered flowers for my mom's birthday 10 days in advance. They were supposed to be delivered today and they never came. They sent an email saying they will refund the delivery fee. But, I wanted my mom to get the flowers.

I orders a funeral spray to be delivered for our mother. When we arrived, the spray had not been delivered! We were so disappointed! I called the 1800 number and spent 20 mins of my mother's funeral trying to figure out what happened. I was told that the florist would delivery it in 40 minutes!! Approximately 45 minutes later, during the funeral service, the spray was delivered and it was horrible. We ordered the deluxe arrangement, and what was delivered was so cheesy, full of baby breath, which were not even shown in the picture on their website. The quality of roses was poor. We were so disappointed in our last time to give our mom roses. Originally, I was told they would reimburse us 30% of our money, but after speaking with a supervisor, we're reimbursed all of our money. Bottom line, if you have time for major screw ups, try this florist... If not, don't take the chance.

I purchased an expensive bouquet for my Mom's birthday. They arrived on the date I requested, but she said quite a few of the flowers arrived dead. She took a picture of the arrangement and they were nothing like the picture I purchased. Probably half the size and not even close to the Fall Sunset arrangement I requested. I was very disappointed! I called ProFlowers and all they could tell me was to count the stems because there should be an exact number. Ok well, what about the death flowers, what about the size I paid for, and the total different arrangement I asked for??? Nothing was done. I will never again use ProFlowers.

The default order on the mobile site was 'deluxe', and I selected 'small'. When I got to checkout, both the deluxe and the small were in my cart, with no way to delete the unwanted deluxe. I closed out that order, without ever seeing any sort of 'confirm here' page. Opened a new order confirming just the 'small', and proceeded thru PayPal. Discovered the next day that three orders were shipped, each with a 'handling' fee of $15, even though to same address. Three levels of customer service later, with the obvious error in front of her, 'Dilencia' held the line at pennies on the dollar off only the 'unwanted' two orders, nothing off the 'handling' fee. $50 off a total of $180, representing $120 worth of shipments I never intended. "We see what you were trying to do," she said, "but that is the best we can do."

I told her she should be ashamed of profiting on an error, and she remained silent, the sound of other complaining customers in the background. I hope I order many flowers for loved ones in the future, and will go out of my way to do so with any other service than ProFlowers. They simply have no concept of customer service. Their sketchy ordering site, especially on a mobile phone, should be grounds for a class-action lawsuit.

I ordered flowers for my sister's bday from ProFlowers. I ordered what was supposed to be 100 Peruvian lilies. The flowers arrived on time but they were half dead and not what they were supposed to be. The flowers my sister got were almost dead, ugly, one color and looked like I picked them myself of out someone's garden. Very disappointed and will not use this company again.

I have heard countless commercials for ProFlowers and was under a completely false assumption of how they operate. I think they like it that way... Do yourself a favor and NEVER order from this company. Do you want to send someone flowers or do you want to send them dirty, wilted, damaged flowers in a tacky cardboard box loaded with ProFlowers labeling on everything from the card to the exterior of the package? It doesn't come off good to anyone you care about. The only reason I can see ordering from ProFlowers is if you send them to yourself so you know how bad they are prior to NOT giving them to someone else. Local florists, grocery stores, Sam's Club/Costco or farmers markets are better. There is one thing you're guaranteed to have with your order from ProFlowers. REGRET.

We ordered a Sympathy Basket of Flowers from ProFlowers.com on October 8, 2016. Our credit card was charged. We wanted delivery to the funeral home by 8 am on October 11, 2016. We received a call and an email the night before the funeral (too late to order from anywhere else) telling us they couldn't find anyone in the area of the funeral home that could deliver that early. They told us they credited back our card, but it would probably take 5-7 business days for our bank to credit it back to our account. This is the first time I have had this experience with ProFlowers.com. I was disappointed and angry. This review will also go public on Facebook. This is such bad business practice.

Ordered three arrangements for Nephew's funeral; a casket spray to be delivered to the mortuary for the viewing on Thursday and two floral baskets to the church for the funeral on Friday. The florist delivered everything to the mortuary on Thursday, even though I had specifically explained that the mortuary would only take a specific number of arrangements and anything over that amount, we would be charged. I called and they had the nerve to offer to pick up the flowers while the family was at the viewing; are you serious? When I checked my credit card, they charged my card a higher amount than on my invoice that I received.

These guys are absolutely a MESS!!! They have screwed up the last 2 orders I have made with them. The last being a bouquet of flowers sent to my 88 year old mother that never arrived! I contacted them and they told me they had no one who could deliver them. They did not contact me nor my mother to inform either of us that the flowers could not be delivered. They just DID NOT DELIVER THEM! The people I spoke to (service in India, me thinks based on the accents) were more than understanding and courteous despite my level of lividity. I give them credit. The order prior to this was shipped in April to same Mother and they were a wilted bunch of dead and dying flowers. Just what a son wants to send to her mother who was raised by one of the finest Florist owners in America. They charge ridiculous prices and deliver rotting garbage IF THEY DELIVER AT ALL!

I made a large order of flowers for an out of state funeral that was on behalf of several family members. The order was made more than 24 hours before the service. ProFlowers did not notify me until AFTER the funeral service that they were unable to deliver the flowers, stating I did not authorize substitutions?! First of all there was not an option regarding flower substitutions anywhere on the order form (which I would have been fine with). Second, why didn't they reach out BEFORE the funeral service to tell me there was a problem? Calling customer service was a joke, I could not even understand the representative, and they were completely unapologetic and unprofessional. In the end there were NO flowers from our family at the service, and so far no apology or refund. This company is a scam! Stay far, far away from ProFlowers.

After ordering flowers for my mother's birthday 10 days in advance, a confirmation email was never sent that the flowers were on their way. When a delivery confirmation was never received that they made it to their destination, I received a phone call on my mother's birthday telling me that I forgot about her. I had to call Proflowers to find out that there was a problem with the box during delivery, but no one made an effort to notify me. I have had problems with flowers not being delivered to my mother in the past, and this is the last straw.

Ordered flowers for next day delivery. The flowers were never delivered to the recipient. When I called Customer Service, I was told that it must have been given to the wrong person(?) and offered to re-deliver it in 5 days(??). Appalling and completely unacceptable. Never using them again, EVER!

My sister had surgery and I wanted to send her flowers ASAP. I chose ProFlowers because they advertise overnight delivery and it was important that they arrive overnight. Paid extra $10 for overnight ($5) and weekend ($5) delivery on top of a $15 delivery charge (so $25 of delivery charges). Flowers did not arrive on Saturday. I called and was told that they couldn't reach the florist so they could not tell me the status or assure me that the flowers would arrive. He was most likely in another country. Saturday -- no flowers. Sunday -- no flowers. No call to inform me of a problem. Nothing. Monday I requested a refund. No explanation provided. No apology for the very poor service. NOTHING. This company is very poor. I highly discourage you from using them.

I ordered flowers for my friend to be delivered on her birthday, Friday, Sept. 16. I received confirmation of the order and the $51.97 was debited from my bank account. The flowers were not delivered on Friday. I called Monday, Sept. 19 and spoke with a customer service rep who apologized, said that the flowers would be delivered today, Sept. 20, with an upgrade, 20% discount, and an apology note. NONE OF THIS HAPPENED. This company has the absolute worst customer service AND, more importantly, it does not fulfill its business obligations. Today, after calling the company out on Twitter, a woman named "Sandy" apologized and told me to send an email. Based on past behavior, I have absolutely no faith that an email will accomplish anything. You can't keep saying "sorry" -- that's what they said Friday, then Monday, and now today. It's totally ridiculous. Businesses can't run on sorries.

Unfortunately, it was such a unpleasant experience for me. I've been your customer over three years every occasion and I just spent $500 for funeral in August.

It was really disappointing experience. It took me two hours to talk to Candece, and meanwhile they hung up on me, then I have to go all over again. She only gave me 50 % off after spending $300, and the flower I purchase was nothing like the picture on your website. It was for my best friend's daughter's wedding ceremony, and I felt terribly embarrassed and deceived by your company after spending $350. I'll not coming back to your service ever again.

I recently ordered flowers through ProFlowers and paid a premium to have them delivered same-day in time for a funeral. Over a day later, I received an email stating... "We regret to inform you that the item you selected is no longer available in the delivery area for the delivery date. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please contact us so that we may assist you in selecting another product. We look forward to hearing from you."

When I called to complain and demand my money back, the customer service person asked if I would be interested in ordering flowers for a week later. I was LIVID. Not only did they wait over a day to notify me that they couldn't fill my order (are there no flowers near Austin, TX), they then insulted me with a sales pitch. I have demanded a full refund and will NEVER order flowers through this disreputable and incompetent company again.

ORDERED A DOZEN LONG STEM ROSES FOR SISTER'S BIRTHDAY TO BE DELIVERED TO HER PLACE OF BUSINESS JUST LIKE MY FATHER DID every year before passing last year. Received email the flowers were delivered to sister. Call Sister flowers never were delivered. Tried to call ProFlowers. Cannot speak to a supervisor. Could not speak to anybody who knew what was going on. I could not get order confirmation. Lies, lies, lies. Horrible, horrible, horrible company. The woman on the other line how would she feel if this happened to her. She laughed at me water company horrible customer service skills turn around and ordered from a local Boca florist. Had to pay again waiting for the results of that this afternoon. Will give them a positive review if it comes through. With ProFlowers I even paid to have express delivery hand-delivered. What a joke.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As part of a family of brands in the floral industry, ProFlowers has a lot to live up to. It makes a commitment to fresh blooms right from the field.

• Holiday decorations: Not only does ProFlowers sell stunning seasonal flower arrangements, it also sells decorations like wreaths and cornucopias.
  • Buy for the garden: For flower enthusiasts, a range of plants, bulb kits and bonsai trees are available for sale in addition to bouquets.
  • Automate gift giving: Buy its "gift of the month" club and get 12 deliveries throughout the year. The appreciation from your loved ones will be well worth the cost.
  • Same-day delivery: Pop out during your lunch hour to place an order, and never miss another birthday.
  • Include a snack: Gourmet food offerings include sweets, wine and fruit baskets, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.
  • Best for Suitors, husbands, modern women and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery