2.9/5 (5325 ratings)

About ProFlowers

ProFlowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

We usually send a lot of flowers to friends and family. We came across ProFlowers membership that for only 39.99 a year, waives delivery fees so we decided to enroll. My first shipment went by fine, on the second one I was charged for delivery, and per their customer service dept, the free delivery does not apply for discounted items or if you are using a coupon. I am sorry but this is BS and that was never disclosed on the membership blurb. Everyone be careful with this.

Original review: July 27, 2022

They shipped a flower that was in transit for a couple of days, which was further delayed (did not arrive on time). I contacted them as soon as I found out since it did not arrive for the occasion before they delivered the flower. They stated they would not cancel or refund the order, although on their website, they guarantee satisfaction. I canceled another order I had with them and would stay away.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I will never order flowers through ProFlowers again. I received an email confirmation that my flowers had been delivered. I called the recipient to ensure they did...no, no flowers. I called Customer Care and "Janine" attempted to call the contracted florist, but said florist never answered the phone. "Janine" told me they would email me once they were able to locate my order/speak with the florist. An hour later, I receive another email that my order had been delivered. I call recipient, no sign of any flowers. My recipient was home all day (they're caring for an ill elderly woman, there is someone home at all times) with a screen door so they can see any potential deliveries.

I verified the address with my recipient (which customer care never did with me) in case I entered something incorrectly, and it appeared I gave the correct address to ProFlowers. Aside from the "no one's home" ** that some services pull, they are leaving them on the porch anyway due to COVID policies. I call my recipient again who confirmed no flowers. I call Customer Care once more and speak with "Angela" who also tries to reach the florist with no luck. I asked "Angela" if the florists have a certain timeframe they have to respond to ProFlowers by so they are accountable for any errors. "Angela" claims they do. I didn't believe "Angela". I realize many businesses are short staffed, and if that is the case, ok, but communicate if your driver got lost, driver is running behind, the florist shop burned down, etc. It's not ok to be MIA when people pay a lot of money for goods that were not received.

I asked if "Angela" could tell me which florist they used so I could get in touch with them directly to find out/resolve the issue and she could not tell me. I understand, but at the same time, I felt like "Janine" and "Angela" were feeding me some ** when THEY couldn't get in touch with the florist. I called my bank and asked for a charge back. They don't deserve any more of my time. Lesson learned/note to self: do not deal with big name flower delivery services, find a local florist in the area of the person I'd like to send them to so I can personally attend to any issues with delivery. What a joke. It's hard to find good help these days.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I ordered flowers for my wife for our anniversary and they weren't delivered. Nor was I even notified of a reason, or that my order wasn't delivered. Do NOT use Proflowers! They shouldn't be in business, as they are a total rip-off!

Original review: June 3, 2022

My 93 year old mom took a fall and was in rehab for quite a while. Yellow roses and bright colors are her favorites. I chose to upgrade the bouquet so it would be a riot of YELLOW roses and other blooms. This was an $86 purchase. The arrangement she received had NO yellow blooms of any kind in it and was very sparse. I worked in the flower industry for 10+ years and I know what an $86 arrangement should look like and this was not it. There was very little 'color' at all and the blooms used were the least expensive possible (carns, alstro, etc). I paid for yellow ROSES!! I will not be trusting this company again.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Ordered flowers for one of my wife's best friends after her father passed away. Supposed to be there the following day, and when I checked the tracking, it said item damaged in transit. When I called, a customer rep that was obviously in another country (couldn't understand his speech very well) basically told me to call back later to get it re-sent or a refund. When I called back later, I told the lady (who was even hard to understand) that I needed it resent and delivered next day like the original order. After going back and forth several times, I told her to issue a refund so I could order from somewhere else. Terrible any and every way you look at it...

Original review: May 9, 2022

Disappointing and embarrassing flowers! Ordered Mother's day flowers six days before mother's day to arrive on Saturday May 7th. Not only did they NOT SHOW - but today - Monday when they DID arrive - they were brown, wilted and petals all over the counter! My Mother In Law in her nice attempt to THANK us - was like "Oh sweetie - wherever you purchased these... do not again!" Happy Mother's Day! Thank You PROFLOWERS for a huge disappointment! $100 + wasted. :(

Original review: May 9, 2022

Although I had a previous experience with flowers not being delivered to my sister in the hospital, I gave them the “anyone can make one mistake” allowance.

This year, I ordered a bouquet for my mom for Mother’s Day. She is newly living in an assisted living facility, and not too happy about it. I received the expected emails telling me that my order had been received and was on its way.

When I went to see Mom on Mother’s Day, the flowers, which were supposed to be delivered on the previous day, were not there. If I had not been able to visit her, I would never have known. When I got home and checked the website, I found that the flowers had indeed not been delivered. The so-called customer service page had a very brief form to fill out: what’s the problem, do you want a redelivery (“yes” or “other”) and a text box asking for a comment, which refuses to accept any comment other than “please refund.” I got an automated email telling me that the company is investigating, but heard nothing further. While I can resolve the financial issue with my credit card, it won’t help my mom feel less disappointed. If you are sending a gift to someone, I would most definitely NOT recommend this service.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Customer service blatantly lied to me about my order. I ordered a gift basket for my daughter in-law for Mother's Day to be delivered on 5/5/22 and it did not deliver. I contacted customer service that evening and was told by email per their rep Steve that it would deliver the next day. It did not deliver the next day, so I sent them another email about the issue with no response. I called customer service on Saturday 5/7 and was told that it would not deliver until 5/10/22 as the order was not apparently processed even though I got an order confirmation and another email saying it was on the way with a ups tracking number.

I am so angry as now it is the day before mother's day and there's no way to get a gift there by tomorrow as it was to be shipped to another state. Had they told me the truth to begin with there would have been time to make other arrangements. I have ordered from them in the past with no issue, but to be lied to does not fly with me. I will never use ProFlowers again again.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Would give negative stars if I could. Made 2 separate orders for Mother’s Day. Both orders were cancelled the morning they were supposed to be delivered and customer service (Homer especially) is terrible to deal with. Please save your time and money and never purchase with this company.

ProFlowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

ProFlowers Company Information