1.72/5
Based on 247 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ProFlowers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 13, 2018

1235 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 13, 2018

Purchased a Groupon, $15 for $30 to ProFlowers. Placed a $29.99 order of Tulips and went through the check out process. $66.00 for the order (Shipping $14.99, Sat delivery $9.99, Special Care $2.99 taxes and fees). So I ended up paying $15.00 for the Groupon and an additional $36.00 for the flowers. Groupons are supposed to drive people to your business to make them want to use you again. Well ProFlowers I WILL NEVER USE YOU AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 7, 2018

Website specifically states "reliable same day delivery" if placed by a certain time. I placed my order well within that time frame. I got an email hours later stating that they tried to contact me (never got a call) and that my delivery date (which is a date I never picked) cannot be met. Sounds like "reliable same day delivery" to me, right? Called to get this fixed and they gave me the runaround. Spoke with 3 different individuals, 2 being supervisors, and not one of them could look at my order number. Don't advertise something you can't promise. They gave no conflict resolution. Gave me no solid date of when it would be delivered. Just "I'm sorry". Never using them again. They charge you a fee for same day and a fee for weekend, yet I got nothing delivered. What a joke of a company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 5, 2018

My husband sends me flowers for every occasion. In the place where we live, the only delivery option for flower delivery is ProFlowers. My arrangements never last, and very often are half dead by the time I receive them. I always trim the stems at least an inch before putting them in water, and change the water frequently and cut off the bottom of the stems each time, and they never last. I love that my husband sends me flowers frequently, but I have asked him not to waste the money on these half dead flowers. He’d be better off buying them at the grocery store!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Not worth a penny. First they false advertise the price of the flowers all the way until checkout and claim to give you a discount, on top of all that there is a delivery and a "care" fee. Whatever the f that is. Then customer service makes it worst and doesn't take care of the issue and they won't refund an instant payment until 5-7 days. What a joke. You will go out of business soon.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I recently ordered an Easter flower arrangement online through ProFlowers to be delivered to my 80 year old mother on the Saturday before Easter. I received an email confirmation but by 5 pm that Saturday my mother had not received her flowers. I called ProFlowers and was informed they could not locate my order even though I provided a confirmation number and money from my PayPal was pending under their company name. So long story short, no flowers were ever delivered, ProFlowers did nothing to correct their goof up so SORRY MOM, NO EASTER FLOWERS. They did refund my money - I will never order with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: April 2, 2018

I ordered flowers that were to be delivered on the Saturday before Easter. They weren't delivered, I wasn't contacted about the non-delivery and when I called ProFlowers, the agent on the phone acted like he was doing me a favor for refunding the $5.00 for part of the delivery fee. Even though I said that they should still deliver the flowers, I still have no notice of delivery. If you ever want to get ripped off, please use these guys; I guarantee you will feel treated like dirt after they get through with you. By the way, there has been no response to the customer survey that I filled out, nor to the complaint that I sent in.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I ordered flowers for my sister's birthday and set them up for SAME DAY delivery. Paid the extra to have the flowers delivered SAME DAY. Not only were they not delivered on the same day but I was not refunded the money paid for the same day delivery. Never had an issue with ProFlowers until this but I am still extremely disappointed. I've seen multiple people have had the same issue. My suggestion to ProFlowers is this: DO NOT OFFER A SERVICE IF YOU ARE NOT INTENDING TO HONOR IT. Will not be using this service anymore.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I sent Easter lilies to friends and was expecting the delivery to look exactly like the ProFlowers photo on their website, with about 20 blooms. Below you will see the photo of what actually arrived. Does this look like $80 worth of flowers to you?? This was on my American Express bill. I am in shock at the ripoff.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My mother in law received flowers from a gentleman for Easter and the state of the flowers when they arrived was absolutely horrendous! They had been sitting in the back of a FedEx truck all day and the only thing that could be done with them is to be thrown in the trash. I wish I could post a picture of them here.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I read the reviews AFTER I bought flowers... and I must be the exception to the norm. From the time I ordered flowers for my girlfriend I knew what day they would arrive. And when they did arrive, although no one knocked, what we unboxed were 12 fresh pink roses. It has been now 4 days since unboxing and they only show minimal signs of wilting. For the price though, you're better off going to your local market's floral section, as they push the vase on you regardless- the flowers don't even arrive in a vase. Though the product was satisfactory I don't think I'll be ordering these again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

My daughter's birthday is today March 24th. She lives in Texas and I reside in Maryland. Last Monday I ordered two dozen roses and received a confirmation number. When she didn't receive them I reached out to ProFlowers. They informed me that they had a problem and would deliver on the 27th. WTF. Sorry I am upset. Needless to say. I should have paid attention to their poor rating. I will be receiving a refund, but more importantly I don't have time to order flowers for her today. :-(

Original review: March 23, 2018

Online floral companies like Proflowers are never worried about your special occasion. They want to take your money and make a profit. This company places coupons everywhere (Groupon, RetailMeNot, etc) that look like a good deal. I recently used a Groupon for $15 for $30 worth of flowers. I had a nice bouquet in my basket that was a 30% Easter special for about $35. I was taking that the arrangement would cost me only $20 ($15 for the Groupon and $5 additional). To my surprise, when I put in the $30 off Groupon coupon code, the price doubled. I assume you cannot combine offers although I never did find that in the small print. If it’s not there, they are breaking the law, but it might be hidden somewhere on their site (of course they don’t want you to see it, or you won’t buy the coupon).

I decided to proceed anyway because returning the Groupon and asking for my money back would be a hassle. Again, to my surprise when I checked out, they tacked on a bunch of fees, including a $15 preparation fee (there goes the entire discount) and an extra $10 fee for delivery on most days of the week. I had to send the arrangement 3 days early to save $10 on the “additional delivery fee.” They might be looking tough by then. The bouquet that I thought was going to cost me $5 extra ended up costing me about $45 extra bucks.

Guess what, $60 later, here comes a cheap looking $10 Dollar Store Bouquet. If you want to spend $60 on flowers, call a local florist and tell them what you want. You will get 3x more flowers, good customer service, and not be frustrated by a crooked company trying to nickel and dime you. PS - Proflowers will submit your order to a local florist anyway. They’ll keep that extra $40 for their own profit and have the same florist you would have called make up a $20 arrangement. This is a scam!! Don’t use it!

Original review: March 16, 2018

I spent over 2 hrs trying to send flowers. I filled order paid through PayPal but did not receive order confirmation from ProFlowers. Called them and they had no record. Called Paypal and they had invoice number for the order. Called ProFlowers again and followed the directions. Still no record of order. Third call I asked to speak to supervisor was, told supervisor was not available. Asked when supervisor would be available. No answer and she disconnected me. Called back and was disconnected again. A total of 5 calls before I was able to get help from a supervisor... I think. Let's see if the flowers are actually delivered.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ordered flowers for my grandmother for her birthday for a same day delivery and was billed and received confirmation that the item was available and would be shipped. Later that afternoon I received an email stating the item was out of stock and I should call or click on a link and email them. When attempting to do so they only cared about finding the lost information for my account which made no sense because you emailed me and should obviously have my info. It went from item not available to info was lost and the apology via email was the worst service I’ve ever had.

No call, no sincere apology, and I had to ask for a refund. Leave it to ProFlowers to ruin a special day for someone you care about. I’m sure it could have been an issue with the local business but maybe they should be smart about who they do service with! Never using them again as I have had issues in the past and tried giving them a second chance and it seems they can’t get it together.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I ordered flowers for a friend going through chemo. They were to be delivered to her front door on March 6, 2018. By 8pm that night, she still did not have them on her doorstep. Then I get an email letting me know the flowers had been delivered. I contacted my friend, and she confirmed the flowers were not on her front doorstep. Her driveway is about a quarter of a mile long. Instead of the FedEx truck driving up her driveway to the leave them at the front door, the FedEx driver decided to leave them on the side of the road, next to her mailbox. (Picture attached) The flowers could have easily been stolen.

I contacted customer service 3 times regarding this. I got a different customer service rep each time, who basically told me the same thing - just lip service hoping to satisfy me. Well, I was not satisfied, so I sent a picture of where the flowers were left. Still no response from ProFlowers. When ProFlowers advertise flowers will be delivered to the doorstep, that does not always happen. If the flowers had been stolen from the side of the road, I'm sure I would not have gotten any type of reimbursement. The prices are extremely high, especially the delivery charges. I have been a satisfied customer for several years, but I am no longer a satisfied customer. I will NOT use ProFlowers in the future. They truly do not care about customer satisfaction!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I purchased flowers for my father many years ago and ProFlowers never stopped emailing me mentioning my father it was time to send him flowers again. Basically harassing me even after I told them to stop. I finally had to call them multiple times and tell them my father had died and that I would appreciate not getting any more reminders for flowers.

Original review: March 10, 2018

I placed an order for Saturday delivery expecting added shipping charges and was appalled that shipping cost was actually more than the cost of the product I ordered! In checking the status of my order expected today for delivery, I now fully understand why their shipping charges are so exorbitant... Apparently ProFlowers.com has zero knowledge of our 50 states or their proximity to one another. Geography lesson: The state of New Jersey is approx 80 miles away from the state of New York whereas the state of Kentucky is approx 680 miles away from the state of New Jersey and Kentucky is approx 700 miles away from New York.

Math Pop Quiz! Q: What is the mileage difference between the 2 routes NJ to KY and NJ to NY? A: Approx 600 miles difference. Note: This number excludes the added 700+ mile distance required to travel from Kentucky to New York, making the flower order I placed travel 1300 mi in excess. I could move on to discuss the impact this travel plan had on our economy (thou more so to my wallet) however it’s my express hope that whoever is reading my review comments has enough sense to understand stupidity even when worded satirically.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I have recently sent a dozen rainbow roses to a friend whose mother just passed away last week. She sent me a couple photos and they look beautiful! She said the aroma was good and they opened up magnificently! I thought the price for the vase and the flowers were reasonable and the delivery was good. The first pic below is the day they arrived and the second is after they opened. I will definitely use this company again!

Original review: March 2, 2018

They were my go-to for flowers NO MORE!! I sent flowers to a customer that her husband died and they couldn't speed the delivery by 1 day so that she would have before leaving to go out of town for funeral because it was already in process - why work with a company that can't no more. Now they are delivering flowers to an empty house and I will have to go buy more to get them to her!! I feel very disappointed in my satisfaction and they have lost my business forever.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Sent my wife a spring bouquet for our anniversary. The flowers arrived dead. Not just dead but brown, no color, dead. I called customer service to inquire about a refund or at least a replacement. The first 2 people didn't understand English. The 3rd called me a liar and insisted this never happens. The 4th was a super sweet lady and was able to help me. Thank you to that one person. Unfortunately you have to deal with a crappy company to work for. By reading I see my issue isn't a first for them either.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

This is the second time that I have received dead purple roses from this company. Once in 02/14/2017 and now today my birthday 02/28/2018, sheesh if there is not enough demand for them, then discontinue them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I placed an advance order to be delivered on a Friday, March 2. They were delivered a week early on February 23, left outside all weekend, and then found the following Monday, which completely ruined the surprise of them coming since they arrived so early. After getting bounced around to numerous representatives at ProFlowers on the phone, being told the flowers that were delivered were actually from someone else (they weren't) and my order was still on the way, I finally spoke to someone who I had to convince she owed me something to make up for the ruined surprise and my 45 minute phone ordeal. They agreed to send another bouquet to be delivered on the correct date, but the damage was already done. The surprise was completely ruined, and I will not be ordering from ProFlowers ever again.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

This is now the only company I use to order flowers for friends and family. I know that whatever I see online is what will be delivered. Delivery is always on the day requested. Customer service goes above and beyond what is expected. One time I gave the incorrect address and ProFlowers sent out a new bouquet, free, to the correct address!!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

My order did not arrive in a timely fashion. The flowers were in pretty bad shape when they arrived. I contacted them and complained and got a same-day response apologizing and offering either a full refund, per their guarantees, or free replacement. I requested the refund the next day and got a same-day reply from them that it would hit my account in the next 3-5 days. It did, for the entire amount. I respect that.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My husband ordered me a dozen red roses - I got half red roses and black carnations. HIDEOUS. My whole office kept mentioning they looked like "funeral flowers". He called to complain and tried and have them replaced. They won't even get back to him. They just keep telling him it's being "processed". I would give them 0 stars if possible.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I ordered a dozen roses for my partner for Valentine's Day. First, I was not notified when they were delivered. No one knocked or rang the doorbell but I did get an email confirming the delivery so I looked outside and they were set by the door. It was below freezing out but I figured they couldn't have been out there more than 5-10 minutes. They were nicely boxed but once I put them in the vase I could see them already wilting. After 24 hours they turned brown and within 2 days they were dead. While the roses themselves were not very expensive delivery was $20 extra (also a charge for handling). So it was a waste of $50 when I just could have picked some up in a store for less and they would have lasted much longer. I will not use ProFlowers again.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My boyfriend ordered flowers for me for Valentine's Day. He discovered that he ordered the wrong flowers so called at least 4 days in advance to change the flowers, they wouldn't let him. When they delivered my flowers the day before Valentine's Day they did not deliver the extra spa set that he paid for with them. He called on Valentine's Day and they told him that they couldn't deliver it until the next Wednesday, a whole week away. I received it and the spa set is very underwhelming and small. The whole process was frustrating and disappointing and all they did was refund the shipping. If I could give 0 stars, I would!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Ordered a fruit plate from Shari's Berries to be delivered Feb 5. Order showed up on time but had a cracked ceramic plate. Called to complain and ProFlowers is the company who answers. Complained about broken plate and they offered to send another 3-4 days later... Never showed up. Called again and was promised another replacement several days later... Nothing again. Called again and asked for a refund. ProFlowers says maybe to the refund and offered a replacement again. Nothing delivered again. Now Feb 22... Called again and requested a refund which may finally come thru. Customer service sucks and barely speaks clear English. Never mind listening to what you are really requesting. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH PROFLOWERS. They have no problem taking your money but it's like pulling teeth to get a refund. And the countless hrs you're gonna spend on the phone complaining is not worth the hassle.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I ordered. However, I was dissatisfied with the price when it was all said and done. After adding shipping and tax I spent double the amount I had anticipated spending. Next time I will order from a local shop that charges half the shipping amount.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was looking for a lively bouquet to brighten up my bedroom after surgery and picked out one with bright purple and pink blooms intermingled with each other. My first surprise was when the bouquet arrived as bulbs. The next day all the purple bulbs sprouted. It took another week for the pink ones to poke out, by then, the pretty purples were now brown and withered. Who puts together bulbs that don’t bloom together in a bouquet and sends them out in bulb form? Who advertises them as blooming together when it is biologically impossible? Can we say bait and switch?

They made a pretty bouquet with whatever flowers happened to be laying about. They have a secret send only bulbs policy, and no one cares how long it take different plants to go from bulb to full bloom. Thus, no one at ProFlowers has any frigging idea if their bulb only box of bulbs will ever look like the advertisement picture they shot of pretty handpicked flowers. Hell of a way to run a business, the left hand not knowing what the right does.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs