1.25/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 8, 2017

1084 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I saw the awesome flower displays on their website. I saved the icon on my desktop for use in the future. I used Malwarebytes the next day as I always do. My PC had 125 items of malware that all traced back to ProFlowers.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Had plans of sending my girlfriend 2 dozen long stem roses, at the hospital that she worked. Everything seemed legit, was getting notices from UPS about delivery, and then a delivered notification to some loading dock. Not the address given or the floor she worked. Needless to say, I am backpedalling and struggling to find ways to make up for the surprise that never got to show up today. What a way to start a relationship. I did get a refund for non-delivery, but yet again, they didn't deliver the product they claim. Never again will I use them or their affiliate companies.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Sent a ceramic pumpkin with lid and orange mum arrangement. What was delivered was a ceramic pumpkin base, a 18 inch tall mum and no lid. I called them and spoke to customer service who apologized and said they would send a replacement. Even though it would arrive 2 days after Halloween. So I said OK. The replacement was the same base another ridiculous tall plant and NO LID AGAIN. I called them and they said they would send out another one. We will see if this is right but they said I couldn't get the missing lids for the two previous pumpkins. Will not be using again.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I put in an order on October 9th to be delivered to my wife for her birthday in the AM hours on October 23rd. It never happened and they kept telling me it's coming, it's coming, it's coming. I had my wife work at work till 6:00 p.m. which she normally gets off at 3:00 p.m. and it never happened... Totally ** up my surprise for my wife on her birthday. I will never use ProFlowers again in my life and I suggest you don't either if you want something delivered on time or for some special occasion because it probably won't get there.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I placed an on-line order of flowers to be delivered same day to my sister who had surgery. Charged $80 including the extra fee for same day delivery. No flowers. No update. No apologies. I called to see what had happened but the person dealing with Customer service was unable to help me or find out what the dilemma was. He instead told me he would refund the $5 charge for same delivery. I asked to speak with a supervisor. Then, Charlene, the supervisor put me on hold several times, and came back with a 30% discount. Finally after another hold, she gave me a complimentary delivery and passed me over to another person. She never entered the details, he couldn't help and then passed me to someone else. I spent 34 minutes trying to resolve this and then hung up. I will NEVER use them. They don't even deserve a star. Awful Service. Awful Customer Care.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I ordered a nice and upgraded bouquet of flowers for my aunt's birthday as well as a nice box of treats. The flowers look absolutely nothing like the picture and the treats did not arrive. After further investigation I discovered that the treats weren't due to be delivered for another month. I tried to cancel it and was told I couldn't. They finally said they could have one delivered next week. I order flowers at least twice a year from various online florist and I will never use ProFlowers again. My thoughtful gift turned out to be a disaster for me to my 84 yr old aunt.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

One look at the flowers I ordered had me instantly pissed. This looks nothing like what I order, what you had advertised in your website. I even upgraded to the highest premium bouquet and it looks less than basic. Here is a pic of the flowers I received and what you had advertised on your website. I will not order through your company again if this is the kind of service you provide. Also The vase is nothing the same as depicted, which I had to pay extra for. Unacceptable!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The delivery of my flowers were attempted on Tuesday 9/26/2017 and the delivery person said he will try back again later but never came back. I contacted ProFlowers customer service and was provided a online form to complete. After completing the form and contacting customer service, they never responded back to me. So I am out of 65.00.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Hoping to send flowers to my sister on her birthday, I made the mistake of dealing with this slipshod operation. They offered to deliver the flowers by noon for an extra $15 which I paid not knowing their reputation which is horrible. I checked with my sister and hours later she still hadn't received the flowers. Hoping PayPal will refuse payment as that's my only consolation. Their customer service people can barely speak English as they're apparently Asian.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My boyfriend ordered flowers for my birthday. They called to set up a delivery. Like most people, I work during the day and asked if they could leave them at the door. The lady became very rude and couldn't believe that I would leave fresh flowers outside. It's been 2 days and I still haven't received the flowers or a returned phone call. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

I ordered a beautiful flower arrangement (from the picture anyway) for my sister's birthday a week in advance. The day of her birthday 9/26, they sent an e-mail with the tracking information. They were put on the truck the night before and were sitting somewhere since 10 am. I kept checking and no additional information was provided. So I finally called at 4:30. The first customer service rep disconnected me, how convenient. The second one said that it should be delivered. If not, they would refund me the delivery charge, what???

Just like the previous reviewer, how dare they, I said no way, they would refund the whole amount. And even if they would eventually show up, they would probably be dead since it was almost 90 degrees that day and they were sitting on a truck since the night before. He had the nerve to say that they could be delivered up to 8 pm, when it is already dark out. Should have just called a local florist! Never again will I use this site. And I too should have read previous reviews. And also look into hidden fees. It was supposed to cost $50 but in the end, they were charging $80, it just jumped $30! Rip off company!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

My daughter had not had a birthday cake for years. She wanted one this year. Because I am 5 states away I ordered one through ProFlowers. A whopping $50 for the cake, and $20 for delivery. You would think for that money and their experience they have delivery pat down by now. Forget it, it never arrived. I did get a refund, but not even apology for ruining a birthday. Of course not. I should have checked here first: DON'T ORDER FROM PROFLOWERS if you want an expensive surprise for someone you love.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

9/19 - Paid for overpriced medium sized arrangement at $127.98 by Visa, chose delivery date from THEIR calendar (9/21; our anniversary) and received email confirmation that the delivery would happen as scheduled and I would be notified by email. On 9/21 I hadn't heard from my fiancee, which is very unusual as she always calls when she receives a gift. No call.

I called customer service. The order was not sent, it was "pending review". Paid and confirmed, but "pending review". And the kicker is that when I asked for what had happened, "Bill" (the CSR), told me he couldn't divulge that information to me. And then he told me that I "probably wouldn't be charged". WTF? My fiancee understood and told me her friends never hold their breath when they are told that an international delivery from ProFlowers will arrive, because it often does not. There must be a better vendor... These guys are horrible!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I order a week in advance to guarantee arrival for my mom's birthday and I kept seeing that UPS had only the shipping label created on status so I kept calling and being told that the delivery would be made. Needless to say, my mom didn't get the $100 plus shipping and handling fee gift I sent her because item was never even delivered to UPS. Oh, but the customer service lady still had the nerve to tell me that due to my issue she could try and refund me the shipping fee? Really?

Package was not delivered, so my mom got nothing (she lives in another state) and they are considering refunding me the shipping. Don't order from website, try other places first. ProFlowers pays a lot for radio, internet, and tv ads but the reality is that they are overpriced, the customer service department's only response is that the item will be delivered as stated in confirmation email, and your loved one will most likely not receive anything. I should have seen the other reviews first.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

On 9/6/2017 my daughter sent me a dozen roses for my birthday. That night the roses started to droop. 9/8/2017 the petals are falling off and the leaves are curling up. I was given roses the same day from Walmart. They are alive and look great. ProFlowers charged almost $50.00 for their dead roses!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This is a very bad service. They add lots of discounts and get you to order and once you pay there are so many little charges that from what they advertised of a dozen roses delivered for 30 bucks it ended up being close to 60 dollars! It's shady and worst once the flowers came two were practically dead. I will never ever order from this horrible place. I added both the receipt and the initial offer of discount that said 33 dollars and the final receipt for 60+ dollars!!! It's a ripoff and shady and they should be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

I tried this company as I always want to support the little guy. First time was good, not great. After a major foul up on my third order followed by unapologetic customer service, best one goes to the competition for flowers. One can judge a company's worth when there are problems and how they handle them, well PF blew it. To top it off they still sent me my flowers but they were not fresh. If I could personally return them to their CEO I would have, but now I just send my flower business elsewhere NOT to PF.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I have used ProFlowers now for a lot of years. The flowers always arrived when they said they would and the flowers were always carefully packed and fresh. The plants I sent were also delivered in tip top shape. I will use ProFlowers again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

DO NOT USE. Horrible customer service. I paid for same day delivery. The next day (i.e. the day after the flowers were supposed to be delivered) I received an email saying no florist would fill the order and I was being refunded. No florists in the entire city of Houston?!? They seemed to think refunding me would make up for the fact that my delivery was not made. Shows they have no concept of how to make things right. Maybe they should have done everything possible to get a replacement arrangement to the recipient, as soon as possible.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

My daughter ordered me flowers for my birthday Aug 1st. I got on the 4th of Aug, dead, stinking flowers, about made me heave. This is a shame, she felt so bad, and cried. You should be ashamed, and put out of business, and they told her they delivered them the 1st of Aug, lied!!!

Original review: July 30, 2017

I had received a lovely bouquet for a gift. I picked out one of equal value for my sister and sent it. Delivery was prompt, but the flower selection was ugly. White pompous with fake royal blue foliage, In June! ProFlowers stated you would get in season flowers of better quality since they would determine what was more abundant. A bouquet sent in June should not look like something one had scrounged up from the grocery store. So disappointed.

Original review: July 28, 2017
Ordered 24 roses and box of chocolates for my wife's birthday and paid top dollars. I got a bunch of almost dead miniature lily and melted chocolates! There was supposed to be a card with it but it was missing. When I emailed back no response. Then I telephoned. I was told I will get a replacement bouquet in two days. Roses arrived and they were not too bad but chocolates were totally melted and instead of a card a sticky note with my message!! It ruined my wife's birthday. :(

This company does not care so avoid at any cost.

Original review: July 25, 2017

I bought flowers one time from them and they will not leave me alone now. Emails come daily, sometimes twice a day. I've unsubscribed a dozen times and nothing works. I've called twice and they said my name would be removed. I'm still getting emails daily. I would never buy from them again for this sole reason.

Original review: July 23, 2017

Crooks. They overcharged me over $22 by adding items I did NOT order (BUYER BEWARE: apparently at ProFlowers.com, items can magically add themselves to your order even after it's been submitted), gave me the run-around on the phone when I called customer service and brought the issue to their attention, then couldn't rectify their overcharge for "5-7 business days." My bank was charged for products that I never ordered and the best they could do is make me wait over a week for my funds to return? Also, I paid extra for a pretty, lace-wrapped vase and the arrangement came in a normal, basic vase! Why pay the extra for NOTHING? Customer service was inept and rude. Look for a better, more reputable company that doesn't try to rip off their customers.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Buyer beware!! When ordering flowers today ($31 for the flowers, $8 for the vase), I followed all of the steps on the website. Prior to confirming my order, there was NOWHERE that showed that I would be charged 14.99 for delivery, AND money for taxes and worst of all, money for "care and handling." I am appalled. I was charged an additional $23, more than HALF of my actual purchase. There was absolutely no indication that I would be paying for those things on top of the price of the flowers and vase. These are charges that should have been displayed prior to confirming my purchase. I will never use your site again, and I will do what I can to dissuade others from using it as well. Do not be swayed by their great deals and offers for money off of the original prices.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I ordered flowers for a friends funeral. ProFlowers downgraded the order without ever talking or emailing me. All I received was an email after-the-fact telling me they sent a different bouquet and gave me a 25% discount (which was the cost of the lesser bouquet). I sent 2 emails telling them that was not acceptable and I wanted a larger bouquet sent - they NEVER responded. Do not use this company. I was embarrassed by what they sent to this funeral! ZERO customer service.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Little care in packet packing. No top/bottom indication. Result: broken flowers and earth scattered on the ground, perhaps also due to poor transportation caring.

Original review: July 3, 2017

A good friend of mine was having surgery. Proflowers sent me an email saying tada! That they had been delivered. When I called my friend she hadn't received any flowers because none had been delivered. When I reached out to the company at 350pm they said that they would send them at 3pm... How? It was 10 mins until 4pm. Horrible horrible customer service!!!

Original review: June 26, 2017

It was my Father's wake and funeral. I ordered a spray. They have 3 levels, standard, deluxe, and premium, I believe. And they show you a picture of each one and what it is supposed to look like. I ordered the highest level - the premium. When it got there, it looked worse than what they pictured for the lowest level. I was appalled. It was my Dad's funeral and I had the worst looking piece of garbage flowers there. I tried calling to complain. Good luck if you can ever get someone and this company. This company is 100% joke. PLEASE don't ever use them.

Original review: June 25, 2017

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday four days ago. I ordered her sunflowers. I received an email that they were out for delivery at 5:30 am the morning of her birthday. They were not delivered until after 3 pm. When she opened them she called me and asked me what they were because they were shriveled up and she couldn't recognize a sunflower. I mean everyone knows what a sunflower is. She sent me another picture today and they aren't any better. I will never buy from ProFlowers again and will advise anyone I speak to to skip right over this company. I paid over $60 for these flowers and I live hours from my mother, I'm so disappointed and saddened that her gift from me was ruined.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs