ProFlowers

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I ordered flowers for a friends funeral. ProFlowers downgraded the order without ever talking or emailing me. All I received was an email after-the-fact telling me they sent a different bouquet and gave me a 25% discount (which was the cost of the lesser bouquet). I sent 2 emails telling them that was not acceptable and I wanted a larger bouquet sent - they NEVER responded. Do not use this company. I was embarrassed by what they sent to this funeral! ZERO customer service.

Little care in packet packing. No top/bottom indication. Result: broken flowers and earth scattered on the ground, perhaps also due to poor transportation caring.

A good friend of mine was having surgery. Proflowers sent me an email saying tada! That they had been delivered. When I called my friend she hadn't received any flowers because none had been delivered. When I reached out to the company at 350pm they said that they would send them at 3pm... How? It was 10 mins until 4pm. Horrible horrible customer service!!!

It was my Father's wake and funeral. I ordered a spray. They have 3 levels, standard, deluxe, and premium, I believe. And they show you a picture of each one and what it is supposed to look like. I ordered the highest level - the premium. When it got there, it looked worse than what they pictured for the lowest level. I was appalled. It was my Dad's funeral and I had the worst looking piece of garbage flowers there. I tried calling to complain. Good luck if you can ever get someone and this company. This company is 100% joke. PLEASE don't ever use them.

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday four days ago. I ordered her sunflowers. I received an email that they were out for delivery at 5:30 am the morning of her birthday. They were not delivered until after 3 pm. When she opened them she called me and asked me what they were because they were shriveled up and she couldn't recognize a sunflower. I mean everyone knows what a sunflower is. She sent me another picture today and they aren't any better. I will never buy from ProFlowers again and will advise anyone I speak to to skip right over this company. I paid over $60 for these flowers and I live hours from my mother, I'm so disappointed and saddened that her gift from me was ruined.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Ordered Mother's Day flowers with a Groupon. The Groupon was never applied accordingly to my bank AND the receipt from ProFlowers. Emailed customer service 3 times, called 6 times and all of them claim that it was done, it takes 6 days for the Groupon to apply, etc., etc. Lies, basically. I finally was able to get them to refund me my money. They followed up with a 20% off code for a purchase within the month. I had a reason to purchase, so I decided to use it. The discount was applied to the flowers, the total was showing. I picked a delivery date and then once my card was processed, the site tells me there is an extra $30 applied due to extra "Monday" shipping (not disclosed when I chose the day) and processing fees and taxes, etc. This company is VERY dishonest and are crooks. I will never recommend them to anyone moving forward.

Spent $100 for flowers. They delivered and left them in 120 degree weather on a front porch. They did not call me to see what to do, they did not call recipient, they did not leave at neighbors, or the guard house. A company that delivers a perishable product should know better. They gave me back my money but refused to take any responsibility and to redeliver flowers. Horrible company, DO NOT USE!!!!

I ordered Mother's Day flowers for my mom. She received the flowers but a week later told me that she never received a food packet to go with the flowers and that the flowers never bloomed and died. I called ProFlowers about this matter, they apologized and said they would send another bouquet of flowers to my mom at no additional cost to me. Well, my mom just told me that half of the flowers bloomed but the other half never bloomed and died. That is unacceptable in my opinion. She ended up receiving dead flowers twice. I will be contacting ProFlowers tomorrow to try and get my money back. Very dissatisfied. Never ordering from them again.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I ordered my mother some flowers that arrived today. They were on the UPS truck "out for delivery" since 5:23am and just arrived 12 hours later. The flowers were so limp and practically dead. They also didn't look anything like the picture that I ordered due to the fact it seems only half the flowers arrived. The picture was full. NOT WHAT WAS RECEIVED! Incredibly disappointed. I ordered them because the family cat had to be put down. Nothing cheerful at all receiving practically dead flowers for the mourning of a dead cat. I will not be recommending ProFlowers to anyone.

My review is from Mother's Day of 2016. I just found the card and I need to let you know not to order from them. The baby roses my son sent me last year died in days and I suspect had carpet beetles in it. I sent them an email and NEVER received a response. Social media use to let others know not to waste their money is great. This business should be ashamed of themselves and put out of business!!!

My children sent me flowers for Mother's Day. The flowers were dead when they arrived. I spent 1 hour on the phone with a person that was difficult to understand nor did he care that the flowers were delivered dead. He was very robotic and asked me the same questions (like my address) numerous times. He asked me if I wanted different flowers. I said I would like flowers that were alive and if he had a recommendation that would survive delivery then I was fine. He told me the flowers that were delivered are very "strong" and live "forever." Maybe I didn't pick them up right away. My husband picked up the package and helped me open it immediately. They were dead. We put them in water right away but after a day they were in worse shape than when they were delivered.

The customer service agent said we can send you replacements next week. 4 days after Mother's Day. The flowers arrived 4 days after Mother's Day. 4 of the 12 flowers arrived alive. I could not bring myself to call again so I enjoyed my 4 flowers for 3 days until they died. My son's also called to complain and got the same run-around. Pro-flowers used to be a reliable service but they certainly have changed how they do business. I did not purchase the flowers so I do not have receipt or order number.

Paid $1.99 for card with message to son opening new business. No calls, card was blank and son did not know who the ProFlowers were from. When I emailed could not get a response from the company other than numerous emails back and forth that did not correct the error. Company's reps are not in the USA are in South Africa, Philippines, etc. and even though they are under USA LAW REQUIRED TO TRANSFER MY CALL BACK ONSHORE TO THE USA they refuse.

Ordered 100 blooms with a watercolor vase. What was delivered was a clear vase with 20 sad flowers which looked worse than what I could get for a fraction of the cost at the gas station. Nothing in the order was correct.

Ordered a live plant over a week ago to be delivered tomorrow. Today got an email saying the item was unavailable and my order had been cancelled. Called customer service about a substitute. Was told they can't make a substitution on a cancelled order. I had difficulty understanding the woman's broken English. Asked where she was. Philippines! Asked to speak with a supervisor. She hung up on me. Called back and did speak with supervisor. All 3 ladies simply recited info in the email. English so poor they really weren't able to converse. I used to order from ProFlowers. Never again.

A few years ago I had used ProFlowers to send a multicolored rose bouquet to my best friend for her birthday. Although she did receive them on time, when she showed me the picture of what she got it was way less than what I thought I had purchased. At the time I let it go thinking I had made a mistake somehow. A month ago the guy that I am dating placed an order for a tulip bouquet to be delivered to me today, it was to be a surprise... When I got them at 7 pm via FedEx... they came in a box, with no water, no card... wrapped in paper with the vase packed at the bottom of the box. The flowers were, wilted, bruised... Needless to say half dead.

I called him to let him know how I received the flowers and sent him pictures. He said that the amount of tulips was way less than what he thought he has ordered and that he had received an email saying they shipped the flowers on Friday... Today is Wednesday, in transit for 5-6 days? No wonder they look like crap. I will never ever use this company again. I will go direct to my local florist and I intend to let everyone I know not to use this company either.

I ordered a bouquet of lilies as advertised on their website. I got an email that they were out for delivery on time. 2 wks. later I hadn't heard anything, so I asked the recipient. She said nothing had arrived. When I called the 800 #, I had to answer 6 security questions before they would talk to me. THEN they had no reason for not delivering. Allegedly I will be getting a refund. Complete disappointment, waste of time, nothing accomplished.

I'm very disappointed in the tulips sent to me for Mothers Day. On day one the stems bowed out from vase, unattractive! Not straight!! I waited for the tulips to open during the week. Few actually opened, most just dried up before opening. They did come in a cute painted fruit jar motif.

My daughter ordered flowers for me for Mother's day to be delivered Friday May 12th two days prior to Mother's day. Not only did I not receive them on the day requested, but I received them the Friday following mother's day. The flowers were to come with a small box of chocolates. This was a UPS delivery. I received them on my front porch in a box that was sitting evidently in a hot truck all day, as it was extremely hot, and the chocolates had melted. The flowers were yellow and half dead. I had to throw away half of them which were unusable... The order number of this delivery is **. I would appreciate if you would reimburse my daughter (Traci ** in Corvallis Oregon) for the cost of this order.

On May 19th I received a delivery of 20 assorted Tulips, which a friend ordered. The flowers were all drooping, some were broken and had to be discarded, the stems had so much dirt between the leaves that I had to remove most of the leaves and wash off the stems before I could even put them in a vase. They looked so pathetic in the vase that I just discarded them. The Tulips I buy from my local supermarket are 100% better and cleaner than these nasty flowers. Since the shipping date on the box says May 18th, I can only assume that whoever packed these flowers was fully aware of their condition and just didn't care. I told my friend who sent them and she was so disappointed. I will never order anything from ProFlowers and will definitely tell my friends not to do so either.

I order some flowers for my girlfriend's birthday. I order the One In A Million bouquet, the bouquet they have advertised online is nothing close to what they delivered. She received broken flowers & the bouquet was not full at all. Very disappointing.

Well I used them a few years ago to deliver mother's day flowers and I saw the product. Huge disappointment! Huge! It was lackluster in a big way... BUT I thought maybe it was because the flowers weren't open yet and they will look better once they bloom... Irises. So I tried them again because it advertised $29 s/h. By the time I checked out for carnations and daisies it came to $79 because it was $14.99 for delivery and $14.99 for guaranteed mother's day delivery... What a ripoff and misleading. I will never use them again. I wish I had read reviews first. Then today I happen to see pop up and it's now $19. Oh I forgot to mention when I purchased @ $29 they had $39 crossed out like I was getting a deal. ProFlowers you should be ashamed!!!

Having never ordered from ProFlowers, only seeing the advertisements, I didn't know what to expect. My daughter's Mother's Day gift did not arrive on Mother's Day. They arrived three days late. Then upon opening the flowers, I found them to be of extremely poor quality. Upon unwrapping them, the flowers were dried out, 3/4 of the leaves fell off and several of the rose buds were either drooping or damaged. If this is any example of their quality and service, I would not recommend this company, nor will I ever use them.

My son is away in the Army serving this country and he sent me Mother's Day flowers. And when they came and I open them the outside of the flower arrangement looks okay. Once I open the bouquet to place them it in freshwater I noticed that the middle of the arrangement were filled with old stink flowers. Old and withered the leaves were soft and rotten, and by the second day they were all withered and look terrible. Thank you ProFlowers. You have ruined my Mother's Day??? You do know what you give is what you get. If you and your employees think that's the way to do business, you need to take a class about pleasing your customers and doing the right thing, because that is not cool for you to do that to people. I would never recommend this company to anyone and I'm going to tell everyone I know what you did.

I previously ordered from Proflowers and never had a problem with flowers being delivered on Mother's Day. This time my mom never received her flowers when I specifically paid for guaranteed Sunday delivery which was Mother's Day. I called the company and the lady on the other line never apologized but she said she would refund me the delivery charges. I asked when can I expect the flowers to arrive? She kept saying Sunday. I'm like, "Today is Sunday. What are you talking about." I asked if they would come the following day and she finally said, "Yes, Monday." My mom still didn't receive the bouquet. They never called me or let me know that the order never was delivered. I am very disappointed and asking for my full refund. Never using this company again.

Do not order flowers from here! My son ordered me flowers for Mother's Day. I got a call Sat from person that barely spoke English to see if they could deliver Sat. I said "Yes" and no flowers arrived. Waited all through Mother's Day and still nothing. Again called and again person barely speaks English promised by Monday... really this was a big deal for my 18 year old son. So today again nothing and I had to call again for them to tell me. They don't know what is going on... I had to demand to speak to someone above them for my son to just get his money back... Horrible experience.

ProFlowers: promotional deals are not as advertised. Simple as this: start out with Mother's Day flowers advertised at $39.99 with free shipping for orders exceeding a specific value, which applied in this case. Want to add chocolate as they suggested (see photo) and shown but for no reason given it can't be added (expect they ran out even though it remained listed as an option). So add "Relax & Indulge Spa Set", not listed at the $14.99 price they charged. Add the premium vase at $14.99. Add it up and get a final bill (attached) of $97.20. Hmm, math doesn't add up... No, it didn't for me either. They charged $15.99 for shipping plus a $9.99 premium for shipping on Monday which was not clearly explained on the site. I have not yet received the flowers to know the quality. Based on the above, I seriously question ethics of this company.

I ordered flowers for my mom for Mother's Day on 5/8/2017. I got the confirmation email that the order was successful. I wanted them delivered on Friday so when I didn't get a sent or delivery email I wasn't too worried. Well I called my mom on Mother's Day and she never got the flowers. I called customer service which was a joke. The person was from a foreign company and I couldn't ever understand her. I told her that and said I assume you will be giving me a complete refund of my money. I could understand the yes answer. I was supposed to get a confirmation email about the refund but didn't even get that.

I called customer service again and was able to talk to someone I could understand. She told me that there was no refund and that the order had just been deleted. She told me that she would put a rush on it so it would be credited in 1 to 2 business days. Since I still haven't received any kind of refund email I don't know if I will even get my money back. I will never use this crap site again.

Incompetent customer service, absolutely frustrating! Ridiculous to have flowers sent FORGETTING to print the sender's name! I notified them the day of but honestly you would not believe the three ring circus they have in place as their customer service. Their flowers die within 2 days.

I ordered a bouquet for my mom for mother's days. When she got the flowers she and my nephew both said the flowers were just shoved in the box and smashed. Also, what she got looked nothing like the picture on the website... 100 blooms of sunshine. This was like what I get at Walmart for $7.99 only not as nice. On the bright side I was told that the chocolate was very good. I will not waste my money with them again.

I would give less than one star if I could. Ordered on Thursday and paid for Saturday delivery to ensure that it would get there before Mother's Day. Saturday comes and goes - no flowers. I call ProFlowers and they apologize and say they'll have the order delivered Sunday morning. Sunday evening comes, still no flowers. I call ProFlowers again and talk to an agent who says the delivery date now says Tuesday. WTF?! Tuesday is not Mother's Day. After going around and around with the agent, who is clearly clueless, I ask to speak to a manager. After dithering forever, the agent finally takes my number and says a manager will call me back. I wait and wait and wait.

Finally, I call back and speak to a different agent (the third one in a long line, none of whom speak English), who finally tells me that there are no managers working that day and that the flowers will still be delivered on Tuesday. This was my first time using ProFlowers and it will be my last. I will discourage any friends and family members from ever ordering from here. It was one of the worst customer service experiences of my life.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.
  • Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.
  • Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.
  • Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.
  • Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.
  • Best for significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Compare Flower Delivery