1.28/5

1585 ProFlowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

I’ve attempted to call this company twice as well as login to ProFlowers website for my order. After I talked 2 customer service reps who I could barely understand due to a lot of background noise, poor English, and poor quality headsets... I never received a confirmation email that they changed the address for my flowers to be sent to the correct address. Their website was equally horrible and would not allow you to login or access your information. I have attempted to email the company to see if they will send me a confirmation email that they got the correct address to deliver my flowers.

Original review: April 17, 2019

On 13 April, I had the "We pick; you save" bouquet sent to a cancer patient who has had a very rough time. I have used this selection before with good results. Her husband brought me a picture to the delivery. There were very few tulips in the ginger vase but lots of greenery. I called the company and asked to speak to a supervisor. The female foreign clerk (Bab) spoke only moderate English and consistently refused to let me speak to a supervisor. Finally I lost my sunny disposition and told her to either let me talk to a supervisor or I would cancel my business with the company. I am now looking for another vendor to handle my floral business.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have purchased flowers for my mother several times in the last five years. I mistakenly tried the other guys (1800–) And inevitably the delivery was late or canceled with no notification. Not with ProFlowers! Everything is perfect. The delivery is only $12! What? Yes you read that right. Everyone else is $30-$40. My grandmother, Rose, passed away on Saturday. On Saturday night I ordered a dozen blue moon roses because my mother’s favorite color was blue. She receive them Monday morning. The total was $45. For a dozen long stem yet to be bloomed amazing VIBRANT blue roses and glass vase.

So I ordered two more to each go to my aunts. Everyone was in tears. And every time you order, you get 25% off the next order! I haven’t read any of the bad reviews but I’m guessing people will find anything to complain about and people never leave good reviews. Well I’m leaving a good review because these guys blow the competitors away and product and service and price.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We purchased a lovely $80 bouquet for delivery to a funeral home and were completely disappointed and embarrassed by what was delivered. The delivered bouquet was puny and absolutely nothing like what we ordered. I understand that seasonally different blooms are available, but this was just completely wrong, and not worth nearly the money that we spent. Furthermore I contacted the company (with pictures so they could plainly see the issue) and they never returned my emails or phone calls.

Original review: April 10, 2019

After receiving overpriced, mediocre flowers, the survey window was closed. I emailed their customer service to voice my complaints, and received a response offering a refund. Upon my reply, I receive the same generic automated response asking for the same info. I tried calling, and no one can find my order and when transferring me to someone who can help, ends me back to the main phone menu. I will make sure this company never receives a penny from anyone I know.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: April 1, 2019

Yes, somehow I originally messed up the order online. Not sure how, but they said I did. So...I called to talk to them and get it right. The lady whom was very hard to understand was getting upset because I could not understand her. Supposedly got address right and asked for a new email. Checked this morning. Address was still not correct, but better, so called them back. Told them what was wrong. "WE WILL FIX IT!" Yeah right.

I ended up up using the chat and this time they said, "OK, It is right." Well, I get home only to see an email that says it has been delivered to the original mistaken address. WHAT THE HECK!!! Really I called the Funeral home and they said they did not have it and so once again I called the people that you can not understand and that don't understand you. They said that it was my fault. Well, I have all the emails and such from this nightmare. Finally they said that there was no funeral time set. I told them they were suppose to be at the funeral home for the Memorial Service, TONIGHT!! I will never be using PROFLOWERS again. Times like this are not meant to be more of a headache.

Original review: March 29, 2019

The flowers I ordered were not delivered & ruined the occasion for which it was intended. Customer service was a nightmare to deal with. They reported that the flowers were delivered when in fact they were not. They disconnected me twice after having to go through repeated verification questions. They have no tracking of your delivery & said they were unable to reach the local florist to see what was going on with the delivery. I will never use ProFlowers again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

While the two ProFlowers bouquets I have received from the same well-meaning friend have arrived in perfect shape, I hate the enormous amount of packaging that fills my trash and recycle bin. I cringed when she sent me another bouquet, I can't really complain about a gift to her. This review may help kind friends consider how much trash is included in the gift.

Original review: March 27, 2019

On one occasion, the flowers were delivered when the person was not home and they were left on the porch (which is strange because they usually try to find a neighbor to leave them with along with a note). The flowers were wilted from the heat. A call was placed to ProFlowers and they were replaced immediately. The flowers are well packaged and the instructions on how to arrange and care for them is a nice touch.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I ordered 2 dozen Rainbow Roses. I got 11 roses, wilted and ugly. The prize; one decapitated Rosebud, completely smashed and had obviously been flopping around the packing box. What a joke this place is. Now I have to go to the florist, last minute, and pay out my **. Thanks a lot, ProFlowers, you suck!

Original review: March 19, 2019

They missed 2 deliveries in a month. Valentine's Day 2019, I paid for guaranteed morning delivery, she got them the 15th. The second March 18, 2019 my anniversary, again, I paid extra for a Monday delivery (why is it extra for Monday delivery?) Again, she did not receive them. Will they get there today? I was refunded the guaranteed morning delivery fee for Valentine's and full refund for my anniversary, but they completely blew the surprise. These are special days that can't be put off until tomorrow. I will not use ProFlowers again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Placed an order, (2 weeks in advance) then cancelled it (same day) & reordered with a much larger order. Their problem is that customer service does not speak or understand English...

Original review: March 17, 2019

The floral bouquet I selected for my 92 year old mom was delivered on time as specified. I was notified when my purchase was Out For Delivery and another notification when Delivered. ProFlowers offers a good value and has always been reliable. My mom was very pleased with her bouquet as it contained beautiful flowers in the early bloom stage that would later achieve full bloom and last for several days.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Their website providing me an incomplete invoice. I had to call their silly customer service verifying my account with a million questions. My bank doesn't even ask these questions. Total waste of time. If you're going to charge these prices I expect a thorough invoice and I would not have to call your silly customer service department. NEXT TIME PROVIDE THE NOTE I WROTE IN MY INVOICE!! GET WITH THE PROGRAM PEOPLE!!

Original review: March 9, 2019

Bad experience, they don't deliver and spoiled the moment. Try with local florist directly. Also customer service wasn't very helpful. The only thing they keep repeating was to cancel my order and schedule for different day.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I ordered flowers on February 10th to arrive Feb. 13th. The tracking info stated it was in Indiana (destination Chicago) for 3 days! On February 14th, I called to complain (5pm CST). They said my complaint had to be registered after 8pm CST because that's their delivery time. I pointed out that it was already a day late! It sounded like the girl was being coached on what to say because I heard someone in the background as she would correct her statements. So, I called back at 8pm and the guy refunded my money. I'm surprised I did get that money back. I was expecting to eat the cost. I know for a fact no flowers had been sent...scam company. Recent positive review is so general you can tell it's a fake!

Original review: March 7, 2019

The pic is really all you need. Frozen, broken, dead. Just plain ugly. Second time I’ve gotten flowers from this service and both orders were dead and ugly. At least they gave him a refund without hassle.

Original review: March 5, 2019

This company is a totally fraud. Several times we gave this company opportunity to make up and they still sent flowers frozen and strawberries white on the bottom and old inside. When evidence was provided and customer service in Philippines was reached, they put us on hold for 45 min each and few times we even got disconnected. The main customer service answered that they are could not meet our expectations. The company has all over complaints and 1 stars reviews. I guess it's not just us...

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

My husband surprised me with some “Just Because” flowers while I was sick for a month during and after this Valentine’s Day 2019. I waited for them to bloom and hardly nothing. One set bloomed a bit but looked tired and frail. My stargazers, only one bloomed the rest didn’t even seem to try. This is with fresh water and food changes as directed by ProFlowers. Told my husband he’d do better going somewhere local!!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Received flowers 2/19 for my 76th birthday. No way were roses fresh. So many bruised petals. Got 11 instead of 12. Peruvian lilies smashed. Hanging off stems, very dead. No way fresh either. Replacement received. Again only 11 roses.?? Maybe their doz is different than mine. Roses not as bruised. Lilies better condition. I am more disappointed for my daughter and family who waited to hear about how I liked the flowers. They were sick at heart to hear of the condition they were in. They couldn’t believe a florist claiming fresh, quality flowers would ship such bad flowers. And twice shorting the bouquet. Could this be called false advertising?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

My husband ordered a package of Lily with one blue flower for my birthday. However, there were couple issues with the flower so I wrote a letter to the ProFlowers customer service. But so far I have not received any feedback yet. The below is the contents in the letter: "It is very unfortunate and disappointing, the flower's quality is very very poor: When we opened the box, some leaves were already yellow and one stem of Lily was withered. Your picture on your web shows there are at least ten Lily flowers/buds, but I only received three stems and one arrived half deadly and never bloomed. I followed your instruction of taking care of them, however, they dead quickly."

I guess, generally, no person orders flower for himself, and the recipient will feel embarrassing of telling the person that the flower quality is very poor, that is why this Proflowers.com business gets around. I will wait a few days for their response. After that I will submit a dispute to credit card company to see what happens. Please do not use Proflowers.com! Waste money!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Personally, I don't trust five-star reviews, but I believe ProFlowers has earned it. No company is perfect. ProFlowers may have fallen short for some customers in the past, but this is about the way things are today. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. There was a problem with my order, and ProFlowers went out of its way to make things right. Seriously, it was one of those moments where you think, "Whoa...I didn't realize companies were like this anymore." Their efforts restored my faith in online ordering. I think a lot of company reviews are biased toward the negative, because people who receive decent customer service don't bother to write reviews. So take what you read with a grain of salt, and give this company the benefit of the doubt. I'm a tough customer to please, but I will definitely be buying from ProFlowers again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My husband ordered flowers to be delivered to my job on Valentine's Day. When I got home and he saw the flower arrangement that was delivered he was furious. He paid $124 for what seemed like a beautiful bouquet online, but flowers arrived nearly dead and only had half of the flowers it was supposed to. For $124 we could have had a nice dinner and better flowers from a grocery store. He will never again use this company. I would upload a picture but flowers were thrown away few days later.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

This is the second order that I have made with this company and it was again, a bust. The first time I had ordered a mini Christmas tree for my granddaughter and it arrived broken, with busted ornaments. Yesterday I ordered 100 Blooms of Love, with gourmet chocolates, for my 85 year old aunt who lives out of state and is hospitalized. Neither the flowers nor chocolates were delivered today as paid for. I did get a full refund after being advised that it was too late to redeliver today. I had no advance notification that there was any issue with this order, and had I not called, would not have been aware of any of this. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was advised there were none available! I will never use your service again, because there is no service. Also someone needs to train your telephone operators on proper etiquette. Do not call your customers by their first name. That is rude and disrespectful.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

For Valentine's day my husband purchased me flowers from Proflowers. My husband paid 90.00 for flowers and a vase that cost 10.00 He said what a disappointment and total scam. The flowers looked nothing like the picture. And he could have honestly got the same flowers at the grocery store for 9.99. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

Poor telephone communication, order taker does not speak English. I had to repeat my order 10 times. Does not have product knowledge, very difficult to place order. I cancelled order. Don't waste your time and money on this flower company.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I placed an order for flowers to be delivered on valentines day. They were never delivered. I received an email saying the items I ordered were discontinued and the delivery date was changed. No new date was specified in the email. After a week I contacted them wondering why my card was charged but no flowers delivered. After finally getting in contact with someone in the company, I was told the items were discontinued as in the email, but they never had any plans on rectifying the situation. Just took my money and hoped I would forget. Then they had the nerve to ask if I wanted to get something else instead delivered. REALLY?!?! Complete waste of time and almost my money...

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I purchased 2 dozen long stem roses on Feb 7 to be delivered on Feb 12. They arrived on the 13th a day late. They looked nothing like what was shown online. The roses only lasted 4 days. The flowers were wilting within 2 days. I have not received a response to my multiple complaints. I do not recommend ProFlowers.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My husband purchased 3 dozen roses, a bear, bath salts and a box of chocolates. The total cost was $150.00. I received the small goodies and 16 red roses, one broken, that lasted about two days. My husband tried to contact Proflowers but was unable to get through. What a scam! How do you order 3 dozen flowers and receive 16 almost dead flowers? Thank goodness for American Express who reversed the charge. Don’t ever buy internet flower. What a rip off. You’re better off buying the flowers from Costco. It makes me so mad that is company is getting away with this.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Valentine's flowers I didn't get them until like Friday around noon. I was supposed to get them on Thursday on Valentine's and when I took them out the box the pedestal start falling off the stems. It didn't come with a vase on. Yesterday I had to put the flowers in the trash because they died. Normally when I order flowers my roses last for 7 days. I would never order anything from ProFlowers again. Thanks.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs