3.19/5
Based on 1,222 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ProFlowers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

ProFlowers Reviews

Original review: May 26, 2019

I am exceptionally happy with ProFlowers! My twin daughters had ordered 1 dozen roses for me for Mother's Day!! I was delighted when they came! When I opened the box, the roses were beautiful, but 1 of the red roses was totally destroyed. I followed the instructions, and put the other 11 roses in a container that I had in my kitchen. I took a picture and sent a copy to both of my daughters. 1 of my daughters asked about the vase that was included with the flowers; I told her that there was no vase in the box and that 1 of the flowers was totally destroyed. I suggested that maybe she should call ProFlowers about this.

The company was awesome!! They told my daughter that they would re-send another dozen roses; I thought that was very nice of them. When the 2nd dozen of roses arrived, they were more beautiful than even the 1st dozen had been, and there was a vase included!! All of the roses were intact, and they looked so beautiful in the vase. I was very, very happy; they even dried beautifully!!! My feeling is that ProFlowers is a very good company to do business with. Thank you ProFlowers!

Original review: May 12, 2019

My first experience with ProFlowers began as a result of ads that I heard on talk radio. When the first time I ordered flowers in a vase for my mother on Mother's Day ended up far exceeding my expectations relative to: ease of ordering and payment, cost, delivery exactly when promised, the freshness of the flowers, the quality of the vase, and the durability of those flowers: I couldn't wait until the next opportunity. Each year after that and, until my mother's passing, I tried to outdo the year before and neither she nor I were ever disappointed. A couple of years running, I threw in some tasty snacks that were available with the flowers and those, too, were a hit.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 10, 2019

My son sent me flowers for Mother's Day. While I greatly appreciated them, they arrived wilted. I followed the instructions that came in the box. I cut 1" of the ends off, placed them in fresh water with the flower food that was provided, but some of the flowers did not bloom all the way and some were wilted. I decided to call ProFlowers to let them know I wasn't happy with the flowers because they were wilted. Normally I wouldn't complain, but I know my son must have spent a good deal of money on them and I hated to see all that money go to waste.

I must say that the customer service was great. They apologised and offered to send out replacement flowers, but I declined and asked that they credit my son back for his purchase. He lives in Ohio and I'm in Florida. I'm pretty sure the reason they came wilted is it's very hot here and I think the flowers were probably left on the delivery truck all day. I didn't get the flowers until after 8 p.m. Even after giving them a full day to spruce up, they never really did. I figured the same thing would happen if I had them redelivered in this heat. They came with a beautiful vase, so I have that as a keepsake. Even though the flowers were wilted, I would still use ProFlowers because of their professionalism at handling my situation. My son has sent me flowers from this company before and they arrived in very nice condition, so I'm sure this time was a fluke. I can say that the flowers and the vase always comes packaged nicely.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have purchased flowers for my mother several times in the last five years. I mistakenly tried the other guys (1800–) And inevitably the delivery was late or canceled with no notification. Not with ProFlowers! Everything is perfect. The delivery is only $12! What? Yes you read that right. Everyone else is $30-$40. My grandmother, Rose, passed away on Saturday. On Saturday night I ordered a dozen blue moon roses because my mother’s favorite color was blue. She receive them Monday morning. The total was $45. For a dozen long stem yet to be bloomed amazing VIBRANT blue roses and glass vase.

So I ordered two more to each go to my aunts. Everyone was in tears. And every time you order, you get 25% off the next order! I haven’t read any of the bad reviews but I’m guessing people will find anything to complain about and people never leave good reviews. Well I’m leaving a good review because these guys blow the competitors away and product and service and price.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Personally, I don't trust five-star reviews, but I believe ProFlowers has earned it. No company is perfect. ProFlowers may have fallen short for some customers in the past, but this is about the way things are today. I am very impressed with their level of customer service. There was a problem with my order, and ProFlowers went out of its way to make things right. Seriously, it was one of those moments where you think, "Whoa...I didn't realize companies were like this anymore." Their efforts restored my faith in online ordering. I think a lot of company reviews are biased toward the negative, because people who receive decent customer service don't bother to write reviews. So take what you read with a grain of salt, and give this company the benefit of the doubt. I'm a tough customer to please, but I will definitely be buying from ProFlowers again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ProFlowers?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Unbelievably poor service. I searched for the best online florists and the article cited ProFlowers.com as the best same- or next-day delivery. The website gave me several options in the zip code I entered. I paid $214 to have a wreath delivered to a funeral the next morning and received a confirmation email saying they'd let me know when they delivered the wreath. At about 11:05, I realized I hadn't received a confirmation email, so I called their 800 number.

The "customer service" rep barely spoke English and was incapable of providing answers if they weren't in her pre-written script. After putting me on hold through the duration of the funeral, she came back and said, "Turns out the $214 wreath you purchased will not be available today, and even if we had it, the funeral has already started, so..." as if I somehow wouldn't know that it was too late to deliver to the church. That's pretty much why I called.

I asked when and how I would have learned that the wreath I paid $214 for next-day delivery was delivered. She couldn't answer because it wasn't in her pre-written script; but she was kind enough to inform me that the funeral had already started. Because she offered no solutions (or apologies), I asked for a supervisor and was put on hold for another several minutes.

Because we'd totally missed the funeral by now, they offered to let me change the delivery address and a "partial refund" for their complete ineptitude. SERIOUSLY?! DO NOT ORDER FROM PROFLOWERS.COM IF YOU EXPECT TO GET WHAT YOU WANT, WHEN YOU WANT IT. Unless you just have a ton of time to kill and a bottle of **.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Horrible company. Ordered flowers for my mom and wife 2 weeks in advance and both orders showed up 2 days after the holiday. And the flower arrangement was small. I could have got more and better flowers from the grocery store!! And cheaper. They also said they would refund me the money and never received the refund. STAY AWAY unless you want late, dead, & small flowers.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Called 3 times to let them know I received a box of broken glass from them and no one ever answered the main number and then I emailed them and they never wrote back. Horrible delivery and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I thought I had ordered the perfect gift of a blooming plant for a friend's birthday. To my dismay, there was no delivery on the day scheduled and no call or e-mail that there was a problem. I called the customer service and was disconnected after holding ten minutes. I did call back and was able to speak to someone. The girl that took the call was pleasant but was not able to give a reason for my order not being delivered. She did offer a refund of the delivery charges and did offer to select something else but it wouldn't be delivered until the following week. I feel at the very least, ProFlowers should have made the effort to get something delivered immediately to the recipient. 4 days after a birthday is just not acceptable and neither is not letting a paying customer know there was a problem. Instead they just didn't make the delivery and couldn't tell my why not. This is just not good customer service and I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Needless to say, although the flowers I received from my son for my birthday were a beautiful assortment apparently the delivery driver/company had no idea about keeping flowers fresh. The day they were delivered it was 93 degrees. The flowers were left on cement porch in full sun. My husband and I were out of town for the day celebrating. We arrived home 5 hours later. After opening them - the flowers were warm to the touch - I followed the instructions as detailed. The lilies and one rose opened up. The remainder stayed as when received or dried up. Very disappointed in this company. Perhaps it should be renamed Mediocre Flowers. Purchasers please be aware of the climate before they are shipped and let the recipient know when they are arriving so they can be taken care of immediately.

ProFlowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ProFlowers was founded in 1998 to connect flower buyers directly with growers. The company is now a part of a larger family of brands, including ProPlants, gifts.com and Sheri’s Berries. It offers a wide variety bouquets, delivered by florists and by shipping companies.

• Delivery options: Consumers can choose bouquets that include flowers cut and sent directly by growers or ones that are hand-delivered by a local florist.

• Guarantee: ProFlowers guarantees that bouquets will last at least seven days and live plants will last at least 14 days. If the flowers or plants die before that time, consumers receive a refund.

• Flower subscription: Interested consumers can sign up for a ProGifter™ flower delivery subscription. It allows them to order multiple flower deliveries at once. This option can save them both time and money, and it helps consumers avoid forgetting to send flowers on an important date.

• Reminders: ProFlowers offers a reminder service to help interested customers remember important holidays as well as birthdays and anniversaries. Consumers sign up online and then receive emails, with special offers, reminding them as the date approaches.

• Include a snack: ProFlowers offers several gourmet food options including cookies, chocolates, wine, fruit baskets and more, all of which make great corporate thank-you gifts.

• Best for: significant others, friends, adult children and companies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs