2.65/5
Based on 1,458 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Avas Flowers

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Avas Flowers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

After placing order online in a hurry, THEN I read reviews and strange, so many bad reviews. Well, this review is perfectly fine. Selected relatively expensive orchids and they were delivered within three hours to Wyckoff for daughter's birthday. Whew, am I relieved!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Photo shows bouquet advertised vs. delivered. Before placing order, I called customer service to ask if they had the white orchids in stock, because I was only willing to pay this higher price IF the arrangement was as seen and described, with white orchids. Recipient is Hawaiian and lives far from home. I wanted her to have a winter/Christmas blast of the tropics by sending her those white orchids. I was assured by phone rep that the arrangement would include white orchids and NOT have any substitutions.

After seeing friend's photo of actual bouquet she received, I felt it was an epic fail and called customer service to complain. Agent was kind and tried to help, but said that the designer was closed since it was a Sunday. I was asked to send an email with my request and include the photo. When we hung up, I was starting that email, then received a call from a manager at Avas Flowers who said it would be corrected and the RIGHT arrangement with the white orchids would be delivered to my friend today, on a Sunday before Christmas. That is more than I was expecting, so I have to change my rating from 1 star to 4 stars. Will I use Avas Flowers again in the future? Maybe, but I am pleased in the end that they are willing to acknowledge their error and make it right. Delivery area was Potomac, Maryland.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I ordered flowers from Avas for my daughter's birthday. After I had placed the order, I noticed a lot of bad reviews about Avas so I was a little concerned. Fortunately, I had an excellent experience with Avas! The flowers were delivered when they were supposed to be and the arrangement was gorgeous! My daughter loved them! Don't know what happened with the people who have written the bad reviews about Avas, but I had a very good experience. The only negative thing I would say is that while they advertise "free delivery", at the end of the order a charge of $15.95 was added and while they don't call that a delivery charge, it adds $15.95 to your order for who knows what. I think that is a little misleading. Otherwise I was very happy with the service and the flowers, and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I ordered these flowers ten days before my requested delivery date. The flower were not delivered on the date promised and I was not notified until that day that the flowers would not be delivered until three days later, after the birthday. Also the arrangement shown was not the arrangement delivered. A lame excuse was made that the particular flowers, pink roses among them, were not available; again I was notified of this on the day the flowers were supposed to be delivered. The name of the bouquet that I ordered was called "Pink & Ivory," and a great many roses were pictured. There were no roses in the arrangement delivered and only three or four cheap pink flowers and a bunch of white daisy type flowers. This was a very upsetting experience. Not only was the surprise spoiled that this was supposed to be, but the flowers were not as represented. I would never use Avas Flowers again and would advise anyone to avoid this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I ordered flowers for my sister's father-in-law that passed away. When I told the guy I wanted a white bird, he said they couldn’t do it. I told him I was going to keep looking. He said hold on. Came back and told me they could do it. That was so I wouldn’t go somewhere else. My order was delivered with no white bird and nothing like the arrangement I chose. Claimed my response took too long and there was nothing they could do. Also that they found my email in a spam folder. This company is horrible! Do not do business with them! I should have checked reviews!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I ordered (2) flower arrangements for my uncles funeral. Both arrangements arrived wilted with incorrect cards on them. Few days before delivery, I called their customer service on three different times to make sure they have the correct names on both cards. The flowers were not what I wanted and they were wilted and did not look fresh, and I was totally embarrassed in front of my entire family. I will never ever order from them and again and will encourage others not to use them. Scam company ripping people off.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Will not use them again. Substitution my order and looks nothing like what I originally ordered. Called them to inform them and after several attempts and me sending pictures back to them all they offered me was a $25 dollar in store credit and not willing to make it right and send something to replace what they screwed up.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I ordered SAME Day Flowers to be delivered to my 5 year old niece who just had surgery. On that SAME day, they notified me that they didn't have the flowers I ordered but would send pink roses. Still no flowers...2 days later they call me as the address was wrong. Gave them the correct address. They stated they are currently being delivered. 2 days later...still no flowers. I email to get a refund. They call me back to say they can deliver the flowers now. Yeah, really? No, I will take a refund. Make that a partial refund. So, they made out with $20. Great company, order from them if you don't want your order delivered and want to donate $$.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

This company is so unprofessional. They lie and say they’re making the arrangements but they’re not. They outsource to local florists, and charge about double the price. Don’t use this company! Also, they have no idea how to treat customers with respect. Horrible.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I was very disappointed with Avas Flowers. I selected a bouquet that had "Free Delivery". I entered all the info to complete the order. AFTER I entered my credit card info, the price changed. A "Service & Handling Fee" of $15.95 was added to my order. I cancelled the transaction and ordered from another florist who had a Delivery Feel of $11.95 with no hidden charges.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs