1.02/5
Based on 440 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1058 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

Trying to order flowers for my daughter's birthday... Found arrangement on sale $44.95. Free delivery! Then my total is $89.00. How? "We are charging you 15% for the driver's tip and $9.99 to prioritize your delivery." Thanks a lot right! RIP-OFF.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I had a very similar experience as most of the reviews on Avas Flowers. Out of the flowers I ordered, sub with equal or greater arrangement. Not so much, carnations in place of roses. A total scam outfit, DO NOT USE! Offered a $10 credit on a $80 order, didn’t even cover the “fee”. What a joke of an outfit. They should be run out of business taking people's good money with no intent to fulfill. First image is what was ordered, the second what was delivered, what a scam!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I placed an order on Fri eve for next day delivery on Sat. Avas called me on Sat to inform me they could not deliver the flowers on Sat and I agreed to a Monday delivery even though the recipient's birthday was Sunday. The flowers were not delivered until after 2 p.m. on Monday and they looked NOTHING like the online photo. They were much smaller. I contacted Avas and they offered me a $10 store credit on future orders on a $50 plus delivery fees of $17 for a total of $67 order. I informed them that was of no value to me as I had no intention of ever using them again. The CS person responded and said that after reviewing the picture I sent it was determined that I received more than I ordered and they would give me a 10% discount which was $5.69. I am contesting this purchase with my cc company. Based on my experience this is not a reputable company.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

l ordered flowers for "same day delivery". I ordered before their "cutoff time" and have email proof. However, I received a call to let me know (two hours later) that the order would not be delivered same day. I said that was fine, as long as the order was there the following morning. I called back no less than fifteen times today to verify delivery time - l was told if it wasn't there by noon, I would get a refund. The order was finally delivered at 1:50, without the card I ordered. Avas not only failed to live up to their promise, their non-English-speaking customer support hung up on my at least ten times, after lying to me about cutoff times and order times, despite me having email proof of my order. They offered me a $4 refund on a $175 order which was completely botched. Do NOT order from them. Other online shops are more competent.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Perhaps this was my mistake but I decided to do a google search for flower delivery in my MIL’s City. Avas Flowers came up and the flowers were pretty and in the price range I was going to spend. I ordered, using the extra 10% code that was on the site. Several hours later, after receiving an urgent email that my order would be delayed if I didn’t call them ASAP, I was told that the FTD florist handling my order needed an extra $5. Not a lot of money, but something didn’t seem kosher. I asked if I could get a refund and was told no. My options: lose $53 or pay the extra $5 by credit card over the phone or continue fighting. After 10-15 minutes of back and forth, Regina told me they would waive the extra fee. Never ever in my life have I ordered something and fully paid the price asked only to learn I need to pay more money. The flowers were delivered but I am pretty certain I will not using these guys again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

If I was able to rate this company with no stars, it would be more than they deserve. Simply stated, their customer service is nonexistent, they are rude and not at all concerned with customer satisfaction. I ordered a floral arrangement and it was delivered to a different address and I was not notified nor was the recipient. It was simply dropped off to an unknown address and three days later no one can find the arrangement. I can go on and on with my review but my recommendation is not to use this florist EVER. They are rude and essentially lied to my wife promising to clear this up within the day. This was after she was rudely treated by a person (name withheld) who described himself as a supervisor. It was a surprise gift and they simply ruined the surprise by their incompetence and lack of customer service. It would have been better if I had given the recipient a gift card to purchase a floral arrangement at her local grocery store.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My friend was working in FL so sent me an arrangement because he could not be here. He placed the order 08/07/18 to be shipped the next day 08/08. They called him at dinner. He called back when he got back up to his room. They told him it get there on 08/09/18, because the nearest Avas florist is 30 miles away. That's bull because there's one 7 miles away that services Avas according to Google and the Decals of Avas in the windows. He said he would like to cancel. They said, "You can't. It has already been processed." They sent him a short survey after I sent the picture via text. He told them, "That's not even what I ordered," and after almost 20 years they haven't messed up until now, "so I will never use your service again".

They then started contacting me a saying send pictures and prove it! I guess many do not take pics. but like the typical smartass lawyer & cop's kid. I had pictures of the condition of EVERY flower. Even the pink rose that was partly brown. After a day in the water leaves were already shriveling and falling off. 1 sturdy flower was so limp it fell and broke. Then after being nosey I found out they cost 59.99. I saw an arrangement that blows them away that was only 19.99. My friend is still apologizing, yesterday I said, "Stop. You're not the one that did this." I think he's mad he didn't get what was pictured. I even sent Avas the link. I wish I had the pictures on this computer.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I ordered a premium flower arrangement for my daughter’s 50th birthday. The flowers arrived on time, but not from the most popular florist in their hometown like they promised, but from another city. The flowers were not what I ordered at all. I ordered a premium arrangement and paid nearly $80, but they sent a cheap wilted bouquet, that I could buy at my grocery store. The delivery was free, but the delivery person was very rude and sat in the driveway and just honked her horn. No sign on the car as to where they came from. I had also ordered a special card to be attached to the arrangement. That was not there and my daughter had no idea who sent them. Awful experience! How can this business survive with this bad service.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I called to order Local delivery flowers for my boss yesterday 8/6/2018. She was only to be home on her Birthday, one day, yesterday. Avas Flowers Customer Service rep, decided to pad my ticket by adding stuff that cost more ($4.99 bow). So I cleared all that up, then the delivery was NOT made & an "auto outgoing greeting" from Avas Flowers tell me that flowers will be rescheduled until 8/7/2018. I called them @ 5:55-6:00p.m last night, going through all the choices and finally a live man answers. I say, "I'd like to cancel my order because my boss & my friend will NOT be home tomorrow." His reply " Yeh, click"... Silence.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

VERY disappointed!! Paid extra to have flowers delivered to my daughter on her first day of student teaching by 1:00. Not only did they NOT arrive by 1:00, they DID NOT ARRIVE AT ALL! Online tracking had no info. Customer service call at 1:00 was all broken up and full of static. So I asked them to call me right back. Surprise! No phone call. Then I filled out the "Contact Us" form online, but received an error code when I submitted it.

I am currently on the phone again (at 5:20) with customer service to cancel it. They tried to get me to agree to a delivery at her home tomorrow, but, AGAIN, she's at her new high school student teaching! So... "Angel" (the evening supervisor) just informed me that they are going to my daughter's home... Not what I paid for... and they can only refund the $9.99 I paid for "Guaranteed Delivery by 1 pm", which Angel informed me is not guaranteed. Translation? Paying extra for a "delivered by 1 pm guarantee" is not actually guaranteed. What?!? Why have the fee if it is meaningless??? Angel would not give me the owner's name, so I will try other methods to reach him tomorrow.

To be clear - I am the customer. I paid the bill. NO ONE called me about what to do when the flowers couldn't be delivered at 4:20 (according to Angel), so they called my daughter instead (according to Angel). TO BE CLEAR... these were a surprise for her. How would she know to refuse them? This place is a JOKE! NEVER NEVER NEVER ORDER FROM THEM!! I'll be doing research on them tonight and calling the owner in the morning. I will post an update for all would-be customers tomorrow. The Better Business Bureau will also be getting a complaint filed by me.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I ordered flowers from the site. They said they could deliver the same day but we’re unable to do so. Then, they promised to upgrade my order. I found out that my order was replaced with old roses that looked terrible and was nothing like the original arrangement I had ordered. When I asked for a redelivery or refund I was only given a $20 credit. Don’t use this company!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Horrible Florist! I ordered mothers day flowers for my mother who is 93. There were supposed to be flowers, balloons and a card. I originally ordered from a national florist who apparently farms out orders to this company. All this company delivered were dead flowers and one of their business cards with "love, (my name)" in barely legible writing on the back. When I called to complain the number that was on their business card the people I spoke to barely spoke English. They refused to refund me or do anything to help and actually laughed at me when I said it was probably my moms last mothers day. They then hung up on me and refused to answer the phone after that when I tried to call. Now that I am contesting the charge with my cc company they claim they would have picked the dead flowers up. LIARS! This company should be ashamed of themselves and should be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

As all the reviews I have read after my husband ordered from Ava's Flowers, they had to delay the order, substitute another flower, but the big thing was, Roses (which were nice) came in a huge vase, with no greenery to fill in the holes. I could have clipped a nicer looking bunch of weeds from my yard. They claimed they were going to redeliver twice, nope, never showed, now we are on the phone for a refund. We will see... Don't use this place... Order from your local florist and have them use someone they trust in another city... Leave flowers to the pros.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I placed the order over the phone saying that I wanted an arrangement of IRIS flowers. They said it would have some but not all iris. My receipt later emailed to me said "iris flowers if available". When the bouquet arrived it had no iris flowers. I called in, they said sorry and would give me $10.00 off next order. It was classified as a medium bouquet and cost 82.00. I really could have done as well at the supermarket.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I ordered a midsize palm plant to be delivered to my brother in law's funeral service out of state. The picture showed a lovely palm with a pink bow. I requested that the plant be accented with a red, white, blue color as he was a veteran. I was absolutely disgusted when I saw the photo of the plant that my sister sent me. The plant itself was quite unsatisfactory. Worse, they had put a stingy, droopy pink bow with a pink card on it. Since I was unable to attend the service, my intention was to be ‘present’ symbolically with a lovely plant - my brother in law loved plants. I was furious with the almost $130.00 result. I will NEVER again use this service. I have yet to receive any response from my emails to them.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

I placed an order for flowers to be delivered to my wife at 8:30 AM on August 2, 2018 and said that they needed to arrive at the hospital that she works at, by 1 PM. Avas gladly took my order and assured me that the process would be completed as discussed. After calling Avas four separate times throughout the day to check on my order, I was given such a run. I was told that they could not guarantee at which time the flowers would be delivered. My wife and I were celebrating our 43rd wedding anniversary.

At 2:30 PM I called again, was put on hold for 15 minutes, at which time (for the second time) they said that they could not get in touch with their delivery man. My wife left work at 3 PM and the flowers, still had not been delivered. Avas said that they would deliver them to my home, far from where the hospital is located and for my trouble, they offered me a 15% discount. I told them that I did not want the flowers delivered any longer. The flowers showed up at the hospital somewhere between 3:30 and 4 PM.

I disputed this purchase with my credit card company, who told me I am not responsible for this charge. The whole purpose of this purchase, was for the flowers to arrive to my wife at work, when the staff she works with, could have witnessed the delivery. I should have checked Avas Flowers reviews online, prior to making the purchase. I did not do so. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Zero stars - Wish I read the other reviews first - Ordered flowers to be delivered to a special friend on a special birthday as we couldn't make the party - Never delivered - Seems to be the case from other reviews too - So disappointed I trusted them - They wanted to give me store credit but had my credit card go after them and was given a refund - Do not do business with them.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Below is a brief summary of my order experience with Avas Flowers in Orlando (online) June 27th. Please find below the issues I have had with order number ** for Marie **. I ordered flowers on their website around 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 27th. The same day option was available, so I selected it. Within a half hour, I received a delivery notice. Shortly thereafter, I received a call and an email from your company stating the delivery could not be made that day.

I called them when I was out of my meeting and was told there was a glitch and was guaranteed the flowers would be delivered by noon on Thursday, June 28th. The next day, Thursday, I called prior to 10 a.m. to confirm delivery prior to noon, which I received. I called shortly before twelve and was told the driver was out for delivery. The customer service agent did call the florist. I called sometime around 1 p.m. or thereafter to ask where the flowers were. The agent contacted the florist again with the same response.

I arrived back in the office at 3:45 p.m. and was told by the security guard he had received the flowers from the delivery person within the last half hour. The flowers had been stored in an un-airconditioned trunk and a few were sticking out of the arrangement. He fixed this and delivered them to Ms. **. The flowers looked nothing like the picture on their website. Website selection was Lovely Lavender for $57.99 and looked beautiful. The actual bouquet had purple flowers, no lavender, absolutely nothing like the picture. I could have purchased a much nicer bouquet of flowers at Publix, Sam's or Costco.

Due to the issues with delivery and the fact that the actual floral arrangement was not even close to the one pictured on Avas Flowers' website (even taking into account that florists may have different flowers on hand), I requested a refund. In the past, I have used local florist In Bloom or ordered online with Teleflora and 1-800-Flowers and have never had an issue even remotely problematic. Bottom Line: I will never use this online vendor again. Terrible customer service, a huge waste of time, product not even close to what was advertised, a lot of aggravation, and no discount whatsoever.

Original review: July 30, 2018

DO NOT FOLLOW GIVEN INSTRUCTION: I telephonically ordered an arrangement (online was less expensive but I was amending the online photo). I asked, and it was confirmed, that I wanted the arrangement with 6 roses and not the pictured 3, along with a variety of other flowers. This was a 40th birthday gift to a dear friend who recently assisted my family during a funeral for my son. That said, the roses were to represent a rose for each family member...and one white for my son, the recipient's dear friend. The Avas customer service stated it would not be a problem and they would place the white rose in the center. When the flowers were delivered it was the online photo (3 roses) and NOT what was agreed upon and also the first name of the birthday recipient was incorrect.

When I received my callback from Avas they apologized and offered a 10% discount, stating their "service was provided". I insisted MY order was not fulfilled, they delivered what they wanted (although they read my request over the phone of 6 roses). He just kept repeating "the flowers were delivered". I strongly recommend NOT TO ORDER FROM AVAS. Perhaps with no business they may shut down and not cause disappointment to other customers. VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED...NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND COMPANY UNRELIABLE. SO SO VERY SAD. -Dissatisfied customer-

Original review: July 29, 2018

I gave specific instructions regarding delivery - NOT FOLLOWED. I asked for One dozen red roses - ONE DOZEN WHITE ROSES DELIVERED. I called (x4) and e-mailed (x6) to complain; NO E-MAIL RESPONSE. HUNG-UP ON TWICE, third COULD NOT FIND MY ORDER, fourth gave me 10% off my order. AVOID AT COSTS!!! (In my case, I lost $74.82 in the end and my mother came home to some wilted white roses for her 89th birthday.)

Original review: July 29, 2018

@AvasFlowers. You guys are totally useless and lie. Check my order ** placed yesterday and you PROMISED on the order deliver yesterday by 7:00 PM or today. Not true - YOU LIED!! Stop your BS and start delivering what you promise. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! #avasflowers

Original review: July 27, 2018

Needed to send Sympathy flowers to Kapaa, HI. Avas Flowers advertised as being located in Kapaa, which was perfect. Ordered flowers and a week later received delivery notice. Called friend several weeks later and no flowers delivered. Called Avas and was told they had no one in Kapaa to do flowers. Asked why they didn't tell me and give me a refund. I was told that AS A COURTESY they would refund my money. Fortunately they refunded it quickly. DO NOT ORDER FROM Avas Flowers.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I ordered some flowers from these people yesterday. It was a last minute order, that needed to go out that day. I found them by looking for florist in the Corona Area in California. This company came up. I usually look into a business before I order, but because this was so last minute I didn't do that, and boy did that come and bite me in the rear. This COMPANY IS AWFUL!!! I wish I had of read these reviews. I'll say one thing they do stand in the Negative category for sure. I ordered a bright cheerful bouquet, even made it large with balloons to be attached. The recipient send me a picture of what it looked like and it didn't look anything like what I ordered!!! It looked more like a sympathy bouquet.

I called to complain, and they said the pictures they use are stock photos, and that the finished product does not necessarily look like the picture. It didn't look anything like the picture. They told me they put more roses in the flowers, I didn't want more roses, I wanted it to look like the picture. They were not willing to refund me any money except for 1 balloon. They felt what they sent was better than the picture, and it WAS NOT! I am going to post how bad this company is so other people don't get the same treatment or the same product as I did. I have a picture of what I ordered, and what they delivered. Boy after reading all this negative reviews, I'm surprised they are in business still. I'm going to write the Better Business Bureau as well. DON'T ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU DID, JUST LIKE MANY PEOPLE ON THIS SITE...

Original review: July 25, 2018

My 11 year old granddaughter just had a brain tumor removed and once she got into a reg. room, I ordered a beautiful bouquet of flowers with a pink vase, 3 balloons and a teddy bear to be delivered which the email said before 7pm it will be delivered. My husband gets the confirmation that it was delivered. She never got them. I send an email to the manager and she claims to be trying to reach the store that claimed they delivered them but no response yet. I feel like I got robbed out of $115 and my granddaughter got robbed out of a gift that would have cheered her up!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

No star should be given. Unacceptable service during a time I am already grieving. The flowers never made it to the funeral and instead of crediting the account immediately, I had to talk with several different reps that refuse to care about my concern or show any empathy even after telling them that they were not empathetic at all. If they could not handle this order they should have been honest so I could use another florist and get the flowers sent before funeral. I asked for a manager 5 different times and never got one or a call back from one. Makes me feel either they don’t care or there is no manager. Not to mention A Customer service executive hung up on me and someone from their delivery department. It’s just not good business. I will never use this florist again.

Funerals and sympathy Flowers should be given priority because families are already dealing with loss of loved ones. No one wants to chase down flowers. None of the reps I talked to seem to show any urgency to this issue. The time taken to make several calls and sending several messages to This florist has caused extra unnecessary stress to me personally. I am truly hurt by this company’s treatment of me. My recommendation is if it is important to you, use another florist. I also complained to Trustpilot and only then did this florist decide to credit me for no service provided via a blog. Still no personal call. Who is the owner? That was a question the reps would not give an answer to.

I can never get that time back. Funeral is over and my family looks like we didn’t care enough to send flowers. I never make complaints but this was such a terrible experience that I don’t want anyone to experience this. They need training on how to handle customers. They blamed my experience on their designer not advising them they didn’t send flowers. What a pathetic excuse! At what point do you inform your customer that you can’t meet a deadline so they can choose another florist or find another designer. I never ever received a personal call from the manager apologizing for their error. Never was asked, “What can we do to win your business back with us.” I feel they should have tried to send free flowers to my family since this was a major judgment error on their part. They really just could care less. Stay away from this sad excuse of a business! It’s not worth taking a chance on. They should be investigated.

Original review: July 21, 2018

Please read. Scam. Beware... Do not order flowers from this company. They are a fraud and don't honor their policy they have noted online. Worst customer service ever! Tried telling me that the bottom arrangement was the same as the one I ordered which is on top. Fraud... Scam... Do not order!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I ordered flowers online from this company that is a 3rd party. They don’t even deal with flowers. They wire your order to a unknown florist close to where you're sending the arrangement. The flowers I picked were not even close to what I ordered. When I called them they called the florist that sent them. That florist turned around and called me directly apologizing for it not being what I ordered in looks or equal to the money I spent. She told them she couldn’t do the flowers and that she didn’t do cards like they also made me pay for. Avas told her to do her own choice and send it anyway. She said she has problems like that all the time and doesn’t like to work for them. Please don’t use this company!!! They don’t do or send what you pay for!!!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I placed an order the day before deliver. They were all sweetness and nice. The arrangement was not delivered. Could not get any answers. Called at least 4 times to get a status of delivery. They said it will take 24 hours. They had to get in touch with their "designer". Which means who they farmed out to. Could not get them to respond and of course they ended up being closed. Takes the excitement of sending flowers. Plus I had to contact the person I sent them to. Very very disappointed.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I ordered "The Artist's Design Flower Basket" and upgraded to a large. This was suppose to be a basket with fresh flowers. What my friend got was an ugly pot with two scrawny plants and a green plant. And, one of the flowers were broken. I contacted Avas immediately and got some lame excuse that made no sense. I sent them a picture of the delivery showing how it was nothing like I ordered. They offered me a $10 credit and a $10 store credit, as if I would ever use them again. I'm disputing the charge with my credit card company. Never use this place for flowers, you could do better at your local grocery store.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I recently bought flowers for my mom's birthday. On the day of delivery I got a call from customer service telling me there was a problem with the order. I called back less than a minute later and received an automated machine. It told me there was a problem with the order but they were working to fix it. I went through an automated system to try to speak to a real person.

Finally an hour later I was able to go through the automated callback experience to speak to a real person who informed me I needed to pay more money to have my flowers delivered... Excuse me? After paying an enormous amount in handling fees ($15 for $30 flowers), they were telling me I needed to pay them more? That is terrible customer service. It is unacceptable to call a person the day of delivery to ask for more money. When I asked for a refund they offered it in the form of "store" credit. Needless to say, I will not be doing business with them again.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Avas Flowers Company Information

1977
(877) 638- 3303
www.avasflowers.net

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business