1.05/5

1118 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Casket floral pillow arrived late during the service for my grandmother. I was going to check status of delivery and the flowers were rushed in during the middle of the funeral. The words were handwritten on the ribbon with glitter glue. Letters were smudged looked like a child's art project. Sympathy card was also written by hand in blue ink, it was terrible. It looked nothing like the pic on the site and I was charged more than advertised. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

A family member passed away in SC and I live in NH. I called Avas to see if I could get some flowers delivered last minute to the funeral home, the gentleman from Avas that answered the phone put me on hold to "check with the florist to see if they could deliver the flowers on time." He came back to tell me they were already going to that funeral home and that they could in fact fulfill my order. He described the arrangement they were sending to the funeral home and gave me options for ribbon and everything. Charged my credit card $102 and said everything was all set.

It wasn't until 4PM on Monday that I received a call and was asked to hold for 15 mins before someone explained to me that they could not find a local florist to deliver the flowers I had requested to be delivered, so instead of being honest and telling me this to begin with so I could look for another company that could deliver the flowers, they told me they could and didn't tell me until it was far too late to send flowers to a funeral that was held on Saturday.

Although my order was last minute, if it was something they couldn't have done, then just let me know! That way I could have looked for other options, I am extremely disappointed and sad that Avas Flowers did this to me and all I got from them was a simple, "We are sorry but your order was too last min and we just couldn't do it, is there another address we can send them to now?" 3 days later-not even offering me a refund until I requested it. I can say I will NEVER do any business with Avas Flowers again after this!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Funeral casket spray flowers ordered on a Thursday, checked numerous times and the flowers for the casket NEVER arrived. So embarrassing and humiliating to spend HUNDREDS on flowers and even pay EXTRA for early delivery to NEVER receive them. Talk about taking advantage of the grieving. SICKENING!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Ordered flowers for same day delivery. Checked on the status the next day and not enough they were not delivered but the company chose to pick their own delivery date which was two days later. Same day delivery in Avas Flowers just don't exist.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Never order from this ripoff company. They didn't deliver same day service I paid for, they didn't have the flowers advertised that I ordered, they didn't deliver next day when promised after calling them. Still haven't delivered and was told that they are sending flowers that I specifically told them I didn't want. I ordered fall flowers in a vase for a sympathy bouquet and they say they are sending 12 white roses just loose in a box?? INAPPROPRIATE! I'm embarrassed and so very upset. No flowers, broken promises and they kept my money!! Horrible!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered 10-1-18 for a grand opening. They were never delivered and yet I got confirmation they were. When I called to complain they promised to deliver a larger plant with a blue ribbon in it. The plant they delivered was smaller and did not have any ribbon. Horrible company to deal with!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Birthday flowers were ordered and never delivered. Called that evening and began to speak with representative and was disconnected. Tried calling back and then there was no answer. Called back the next day to get refund, put on (long) hold three times until the call was automatically rerouted to another representative. Then was told that the local florist was contacted and the floral arrangement will be delivered. I responded that was not what I asked for, I called to ask for a refund and was put on hold again - the third rep spoken to was the only one that offered an apology but kept making excuses as to why it was not their fault. Put on hold a fourth time & finally got a manager on the phone who said a refund would be issued and it will take 3-5 business days.

We'll see if the refund will actually be issued at that time. Terrible company, terrible customer service. With over 1,400 BB complaints - it's a wonder to why they are still in business. Their website states that "Our customer's satisfaction is our number one priority. We are committed to quality and service." This is completely false! They need to stop scamming consumers and provide legit customer service. They need to take the 5-star rating off of their website as it is a complete falsehood.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I would give them zero stars if that was possible. I ordered Flowers to be delivered to the funeral for a dear friend. They were supposed to be delivered by 9am the morning of the funeral because the funeral was at 10am. I received email confirmation that the flowers were delivered at 3pm. I called that evening to complain and ask for a refund. I was told by the person on the phone that they would have to check with the delivery person to confirm that the time was correct. I received another email this time saying the flowers delivered at 1130am still an hour and a half late.

I called back and this time after being passed off to a manager they said they'd to call the delivery service and the service had 24 hrs to respond and they would call me back when they heard from the service. So two days later I hadn't heard from Avas so I called them and was told there was nothing they could do because I waited too late to complain. DON'T USE AVAS FLOWERS. I spent well over 400.00 dollars on flowers for the funeral of a very dear friend and her family never saw them. DON'T USE AVAS FLOWERS!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I understand you cannot guarantee that the arrangement you build will look exactly like the one in the advertised photo from your website, however, you did not use one single solitary thing in common with advertised arrangement. The flowers that arrived had the look and quality of a $9.99 arrangement I could buy at a discount store such as Marc's. The container, not even close. The flowers, all inexpensive, ordinary flowers, the shape of the arrangement, not even close to the photo. I spent $60 for a bouquet going to someone that just found out they are going to die soon. The specialness of this bouquet said, "Meh, you'll get over it," PS-it's fall in Ohio, you should have sunflowers in stock. When I delivered my feedback on your website you ignored me. I will never utilize your services again. Obviously the reviews section on your Facebook page is turned off for a reason.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Unfortunately I am very unhappy with this online florist. I ordered a large bouquet of flowers larger than what they said the display picture was showing to make sure the bouquet was extra full. What the recipient received was a small bouquet that looked like it came from a grocery store. I spent almost 100 dollars on this bouquet and emailed with a picture to express my unhappiness where they said they would credit me 15.00 but will need to retrieve the bouquet (product) before giving me a full refund. They ruined the specialness of a 44 year wedding anniversary by passing off a bad product through deceptive pictures online. The customer service was dehumanizing and they didn’t care to fix the situation.

This company does not give a good product. If you buy the Luxury flowers you will not receive a luxury large size bouquet. I paid extra for a green specialty vase and the flowers didn’t have that vase. I’m so sad and so frustrated that the flowers were not special just average supermarket flowers. I don’t want anyone to waste their money or experience the embarrassment of a ruined special occasion because of these online fraudsters.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

In the checkout process, the total is "Estimated" and a final total is never given before the credit card is required. Only when I got the confirmation email did I see that they added a $19 "service fee" to my order. (The website clearly states that delivery is free). A phone call to customer service finally helped me find the hidden service fee explanation on the website. I will never order from them again. BEWARE!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I phoned in my order. The employee I spoke with was kind and patient, not pushy at all. I like that! Nowadays it seems everyone is in a hurry, pushy and even rude on the phone, but not at Avas Flowers. The person I spoke with was wonderful and helped me choose which flower arrangement was appropriate for the occasion. The flowers were delivered on time. I phoned the day before I needed the flowers delivered, which is customary. The flower arrangement was truly breathtaking! The flowers were healthy and fresh. Avas Flowers did a wonderful job, and I couldn't be happier! I have saved Avas Flowers into my personal directory, because I will only go to Avas for any future floral purchased. I trust Avas Flowers. Their prices are reasonable too! Other florists in my estimation are way overpriced. You get more bang for your buck at Avas Flowers!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Avas flowers delivered the wrong flowers to the funeral, not the right color blend, no card attached and did not include the bow that was shown in the picture. The flowers arrived wilted to the funeral home because I believe they delivered them earlier than should have. Their customer service lies when you call and always tells you the florist who delivered them is closed and they never want to resolve the complaint. They are blow hards looking to scam people. I am contacting an attorney because their return policy is false and I truly believe this is a big scam. They prey on others weaknesses during a difficult time.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Not a local florist. Internet order taker. After many frustrating calls to C.S., flowers came a day late. Left on porch at house when supposed to be delivered to my wife's office. Not worth the money.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I ordered an arrangement called Floral Harmony from their website. What was delivered did not match the photo in any way. Flowers were sparse, droopy, near death. It was embarrassing to see what our children 'thought' we'd sent. Immediately contacted Avas via their website with my complaint and attached a photo of the arrangement that was delivered. After several emails from several 'managers' all expressing how sorry they were, I was initially offered a 15% refund and a $10 in store credit. The 15% would not have covered the delivery charge and I don't live in a state with an Avas location not that I would ever work with them again.

Finally, I asked them, per the terms of their customer satisfaction agreement, to pick up the arrangement and replace it with one that was representative and fresh. They refused. Then I was offered a 50$% credit which I agreed to but what was processed was not 50%!! The tactics this place uses are certainly not customer oriented. Just living up to their published terms and conditions would have made life much easier. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

This is the worst experience I've had when ordering flowers. Not an actual flower shop. They sub out their orders to incompetent vendors. Couldn't make a local delivery for 5 days. When the flowers finally got there. The card inside was for some other person, wishing them "Happy Birthday". When I called their customer service center (also a joke), I was put on terminal hold while they checked with their vendor. After several minutes he comes back on the line and says the vendors not answering. Asked for a call back before end of business, still haven't been contacted 2 days later. Next time I'll deliver my own flowers! DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Spent over $50.00 to have a birthday card and some flowers delivered to my mother on her birthday. I never got a phone call from my mother and I thought it was odd. So I called her the next day and turns out she never got the flowers. She checked every door at the house. Nothing was left. I spent over an hour total, two separate phone calls with Avas customer service, trying to get my money refunded. They argued with me and told me that they couldn’t refund my money because the flowers were delivered. Then they tried to tell me that they couldn’t give me a full refund and that I had to pay for the flower arrangement. DO NOT USE this company. They will scam you out of your money. I paid for a service and it didn’t happen. All and all, terrible experience, I will never use them again, and I encourage all of you to find another company.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

On September 28, 2018 I ordered my Girlfriend some flowers from Avas Flowers. They delivered 2 dozen old flowers and half were dead on the third day. I also ordered a card and three balloons. They delivered one balloon and did not fill out the card or even sign my name. I called Avas Flowers and complained and they said they would send out new flowers the next day. I call the next day and they said they were sending nothing. So they actually lied to me. Save yourself some heartache and find another company to order your flowers. This place is bad news and nobody speaks English.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I should have read the reviews prior to my purchase. The flowers I ordered my daughter were NOTHING like what I ordered. Matter of fact, about 3/4 of the flowers were missing. The arrangement was UGLY and my 5 year old could have done it better. I ordered first thing in the morning and requested delivery for “as early as possible”. My daughter gets off at 4 pm and the flowers weren’t delivered until after she left. I chose a florist close to her work & this one was 3 miles away and delivered her CRAP!!! I wish I could post the picture of it!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

I ordered a deluxe floral spray for beside the casket. It came a day late and was sparse to say the least. Very frustrating and sad to know that this problem could not be solved since it was a one day funeral. NEVER order flowers from Avas as they do not fulfill their obligations or promises. Go to a local florist and don't waste your time or money on this company. When they found out what they had done wrong they offered a lame 15% discount for their mistakes. Shame on you Avas... you suck.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

The status from website said delivered at 6pm, but there's been nothing at our front door. The address listed is 3 miles away from us. Customer service is out of the country as well. Still waiting for either delivery or response.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I paid $96 to get the nicest bouquet for my daughter. The luxury size bouquet. It was very very small, below average small. The balloons were limp and were on the floor the next morning. My refund $7.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

Searching on the internet for some flowers to be delivered to a sick friend, I came across Avas Flowers. I found a perfect arrangement at a wonderful price. The advertisement said things like free delivery, personally delivered, local florist. Reading the fine print that changed to “possibly delivered by FedEx or UPS”. I guess the UPS man was going to hand deliver the flowers. I should’ve known then, but I thought, “Okay, not the worst thing If they come via mail service.” So I completed my order.

A couple hours later I get a call from Avas Flowers explaining that they did not have all of the flowers to make the bouquet I ordered, and would like to exchange some of the flowers for fresh cuts. When I inquired as to which flowers were being replaced with what, she said she was not sure. She continued explaining that she did not know what flowers were unavailable but she would give me a designers choice for the same price. At this reply my ears perked. First of all I’m one of those people who look at every bouquet before choosing any, and I had actually briefly thought about getting the designers choice. However only because it was $10 CHEAPER!!!

Once I explained this the “deal” she was offering me was actually not a bargain at all, she literally said “okay, I can get your original bouquet from one of our affiliated florists, but it’s going to cost more.” Yes, GOING TO COST MORE. She just told me the flowers were UNAVAILABLE, as in they cannot fulfill the order because they do not have the flowers to do so. Now she is saying they actually do have the flowers but I’ll need to pay more money for the exact same bouquet I just ordered and already paid for in its entirety.

I tried to explain to her that the proposals she were giving me were both a form of cheating a customer. I asked her to imagine she went grocery shopping and purchased a gallon of milk. After paying for the milk, the manager stops her at the door and demands another $3 from her for the exact same gallon of milk she just bought. Or, he offers to let her take home a half gallon for the price she just paid. The seller was exhibiting false advertisement as she herself just did.

False advertising is against the law. If she has the flowers she needs to complete the order for the same price I paid, not charge me more. She canceled the order and refunded the credit card. Well, at least she said she would refund it. Still hasn’t cleared in my account. So, if you don’t mind paying for a gallon of milk and only bringing home a half gallon, Avas Flowers is the place for you. If you want to know exactly what you are purchasing for exactly what price before you actually buy it, go anywhere else!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I placed a phone order with Tony who had difficulty spelling my name, address, email address, etc. I gave him my charge card info. I did not receive a confirmation email so Called Avas the next morning (Monday). I spoke with Luis who could not find my order despite my giving him my name, address, email address, recipients name, address, zip code. (More time on the phone). I told him that I would order elsewhere and if he found my order to cancel it. Later in the day I checked my credit card charges online and found a charge for $88.92 from Avas Flowers. I called them again, spoke with Anna, explained the situation (Much more time on the phone) and she was able to find the order and told me the plant was out for delivery! I told her to cancel delivery; she told me I would still be liable for the delivery charge!!! It's the principal...

I told her I would not pay the delivery charge and wanted the $88.92 credited back to my account. She said she could not do that and referred me to Sol. After MANY minutes on hold, I finally spoke with Sol. I had to re-explain everything and he said they had "policies" to be followed. I asked him about customer service and customer satisfaction, but got nowhere. He said he would check something and call me back in 4 or 5 minutes. I never heard from Sol. Today, I called again and spoke with George. George was not able to find my order or the charge (35 more minutes on the phone) and finally said I would have to have my credit card company dispute the charge (which I will do but cannot do as it is still "pending"). What a nightmare!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Ordered flowers from Avas on 9/22, were told they’d be delivered by 1:00 pm same day. I received an email saying they were delivered at 4:30. I called my wife, no flowers were delivered. I called customer service and they told me that the person who was delivering to my house received them at 4:30 and they would be to my house shortly. They were never delivered on the 22nd, so I called customer service again and was told they couldn’t contact driver and they would let me know. The flowers were delivered next day on Sunday morning the 23rd which is actual day of my Anniversary, so it worked out okay and flowers were very nice. With all the calling to customer service and aggravation I would not use them again, I will stick with local florist.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I ordered flowers for next day delivery and everything was just fine then later they called me to say they could not deliver the flowers. They wanted to move my date out a week. I will never order from this company again. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I ordered flowers online. Pretty simple right? I receive confirmation that they were sent. I call the recipient and she never received. Called the company and it took them 2 days to do anything. Recipient finally gets the flowers and they are not what I ordered. Too disgusted to call and complain. DON’T order through this company.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I placed an order on 9/5/2018 for delivery on 9/7/2018 for a funeral service. I got the email within about 20 minutes of placing my order saying my ordered had been delivered. HOWEVER, the email said the service wasn't until 9/8/2018 after speaking with the funeral director and they will make sure the arrangement is delivered then. I called CS asking why I got an email saying it was delivered but yet they said they wouldn't deliver until 9/8/2018. I was told they would go ahead and deliver on 9/7/2018. Unfortunately, I never got any more emails afterwards. After speaking with family of the deceased, they let us know they didn't receive anything signed by us. So I contact CS again. Supposedly they contacted the shop directly and the shop owner said she "distinctly" remembered this arrangement because of the blue bow and she made the arrangement herself.

She couldn't understand why the image showed a blue bow, which doesn't match of the flowers in the arrangement. Therefore, the shop owner said she chose a sheer blue "elegant" bow to go with the arrangement. I was also provided the "cocktail recipe" for the flowers that went into the arrangement. I told the CS Rep that I would contact the family again with a picture of the arrangement to see if they recalled the arrangement and somehow something happened with the card, rather it be lost, misplaced, etc... Unfortunately, we were told they didn't recognize those flowers. I promise you it was a large arrangement that would have been remembered. I contact CS again this morning. It's ironic that all you have to do is provide your name and they have every little detail about your order without every providing any more detailed information.

I was placed on hold and supposedly the CS contacted the shop directly. She comes back on the line and tells me that she spoke with the "Designer" and that they had spoken with the family last night and confirmed the flowers had been received. I then asked the CS Rep to find out from the designer who they spoke within the family that confirmed this. I then got the excuse that the designer is unavailable and the CS Rep starts referring to the designer as a man. I find it very ironic that the first lady I spoke with said that she spoke with the shop owner and referred to the shop owner as "she", but the one I spoke with today referred to this person as "designer" and referred to the designer as a "he". I told the CS Rep that I'm sure she was lying. My husband had been in direct contact with a family member confirming that they didn't receive the arrangement ordered.

I am beyond upset over this whole ordeal. I should have never made this transaction. They pose as a "Local Florist". At this point the CS Rep tells me that she will notate the account to find out who in the family confirmed this was received and would contact me. I know they have no intention of ever contacting me! The CS Rep said their policy is notification within 24 hours of intended delivery date to notify if the item was not received. Who in their right mind has a 24 hour policy on this??? Why would you contact the family who just lost a loved one to see if the flowers were received. This just happen to come up in discussion is the only way I found out that these were never delivered. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!! I ordered the DELUXE Blooming White Standing Spray and was humiliated by the extremely sparse 12-15 blooms and tired floppy bow stuck on the side of the arrangement for a dear family member’s funeral. Additionally, this business is not family owned or operated; if you have a complaint, you will not speak to anyone but the call center. So, if you like to support local merchants (especially if the event is in a small town) do NOT use Avas Flowers.

If you use the coupon that is offered on the website, be prepared that you will receive poorer quality arrangement. The call center will act like they did you a huge favor already. If you complain enough, they’ll offer you an additional $20.00 refund. I paid $167 for something that looked like it was worth $50. If you want a chance a better remedy, make sure to take a photo of the arrangement at your loved one’s funeral (are they serious with this?). Go ahead and order if you want to be RIPPED OFF and will not receive what you ordered. I would give a negative number of stars if possible.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

I placed an order for a beautiful flower bouquet with lilies and roses to name a few flowers. I paid extra for a red vase to go with the red roses. This was a gift for my mom on her birthday. The price on the standard price was $45.99. The first thing that happened was they charged me $75... not $45.99. I let that slide because I thought to myself that maybe I missed something. Then, they call me on my mom's birthday and told me they couldn't deliver on that Saturday that the next available slot would be the following Monday. I gave them the benefit of the doubt again due to the fact that there was some rain and flooding in the area my mom lives in at the time. However, what I cannot let go is the fact that there were supposed to be red roses in the bouquet as advertised.

I paid extra for a red vase due to the red roses that were supposed to be in there. Not only were there no red roses (the most expensive flower in the bouquet) but there was also no red vase. This makes me believe that the whole thing was a scam from the beginning. I don't believe I should have been charged $75. I believe they lied to me when they said they could deliver on that Saturday since obviously they didn't deliver on Saturday. I paid extra for a red vase that was not included. They completely left out the main and most expensive flower. This is blatant false advertisement which is also illegal. I will never again use Avas Flowers. Not only will I never recommend them to anyone I will go out of my way to explain to everyone how much they scam their customers.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs