1.04/5

1478 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

If I could give zero stars, I would. I ordered the Pastel Grace & Wonder arrangement for $60 and what was delivered was a bouquet of cheap daisies and 3 pastel roses. The recipient was out of state and I didn't see the arrangement until a few days later. After an hour on the phone with the company & asking multiple times to speak to someone authorized to give a refund, they refused to offer one because I didn't notify them within 24 hours. Also, this is NOT A LOCAL COMPANY. There's no contact name they could give me to write a letter, and they wouldn't disclose the owner of the company.

Original review: April 23, 2019

One failed delivery attempt claiming that no one was home which was a lie - I see this is a common pattern now that I wish I knew about before. Then, four failed attempts to resolve the issue with the customer service. Bottom line - no delivery and no refund. Avoid at all costs!

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I bought some expensive flowers, and got delivered cheap roses and wasn't what I ordered, customer service keeps hanging up on me, please look elsewhere, was offer a $10 discount for buying those cheap roses because that's what they had.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I called Avas flowers for an arrangement to be sent to Verona WI. When the salesman came on the phone I asked if this was a local flower shop in Verona. He told me several times that they were in Verona, they delivered to Verona. I ordered an arrangement that was going to be $50.00 plus tax with no shipping charge or delivery charge. He gave me the total and it was going to be $80 and I asked how could that be. There was a service fee for $18.95. I told him I didn't want it for this price to cancel the order. He said he could talk to his manager and he got it down to $66. I said that I didn't want it and thank you and hung up.

About one minute later I get a call from him and he said they could do a nice bouquet for $50. It wouldn't be the one I want but it would be very nice. I told him I had already told him no and I didn't want it! Needless to say I wasn't happy! I then went on to find the local florist and it was sent the next day and the picture of that bouquet was beautiful! Please, please, please do not use Avas Flowers!

Original review: April 21, 2019

I tried Avas Flowers not once but twice and BOTH times the flowers were not delivered. The first time after I called they delivered 2 days later, but the second time they wanted to deliver AFTER the holiday. I spent 3 hours off and on the phone trying to get my money back. I guess I should have checked here before doing business with this company. Do NOT make the same mistake I made, go somewhere else for your flowers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: April 20, 2019

This company is so obvious in their rip off that it's really comedic. After 5 agents who told stories of not being able to find my gated community (funny, I live in a prominent high rise with no gate), to it's on the way right now, then there was the story that my gated community guard tried to collect $10 to let them in (I live in a high rise). I guess they don't have google, and the last story was that they called the designer, and when I pushed the agent to tell who this mysterious local designer was, admitted that they couldn't get ahold of the unnamed shop or designer, but that they were sure that the people were on the way lol. Most of the agents had a very loud television playing in the background, and one agent had a kid yelling in the background, sketchy.

They said it was against company policy to give the owner of the companies name (again I have google, it's Matt **) who will be receiving a message, and all of them also said they couldn't tell me who the Las Vegas affiliate was. When I stated that we wanted a refund after seeing all the one stars and rip off reports on this site, I was told there are no refunds and that you cannot cancel. Do not give this company your money, all you will get is people who do not have an excellent command of grammar let alone english, very loud television sets in the background, a bunch of excuses and lies, no flowers, and no refund.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I purchased flowers for a funeral memorial service in another state and this company called me 3 hours later to state that "the designer" (assuming local florist) required $10 more on my order to come into his florist shop. This after I had paid an EXTRA $20 to deliver during a specific time frame (that had already passed). What??? If I would did not pay the extra $10 they could NOT fulfill the order. They offered a $20 credit towards a future purchase. I would NEVER order from them again!!! Are you kidding. Please don't waste your time at this delivery service. I am so angry and upset that I now cannot have flowers delivered to a family member's memorial.

Original review: April 20, 2019

They took my order with the delivery address and ZIP code for a next day delivery of funeral flowers. It was not until after the time of delivery do I get a call that they do not have any local florist affiliations and now my sister does not have any family flowers for her husband's service. Their computer should have known immediately that they can not deliver to that ZIP code. While I was on hold the recording says they are your local florist. Lies!!! I do not believe that management will ever know that their system is screwed up, but they don’t care because their advertising gets them plenty of orders and so what if a few people get screwed.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I ordered flowers from Avas Flowers yesterday for my cousin's funeral this morning at 10:00 am. They just called at 10:53 am this morning this morning to say they weren't available. Their service is unreliable!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Do not order from this company. Avas Flowers has completely wasted my time and money. They delivered EXPIRED food in the gift basket. I emailed pictures of the expired dates. They were so slow to help through email. I called and was given the option to get a new basket and “let us know if any of the goods are expired within 24 hours”. WHAT?! I simply wanted a refund as I didn’t want another one of the cheap, expired, dusty gift baskets. They said they could only do that within 24 hours of delivery WHICH I DID. I wanted to speak to the highest person who could just give me a refund. The customer service “supervisor” said they weren’t there. Then I asked when they would be... They said they don’t work there. (????) After wasting 45 minutes of my life on the phone, I received a store credit. YAY! MORE EXPIRED FOOD. Don’t use them. Bye Felicia’s.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I ordered a beautiful flower arrangement for my aunt with cancer, only given 4 months to live. She received a wilted flower arrangement and did not look like what I ordered. I contacted Avas flowers, they wouldn't resend the arrangement, they only wanted to refund me 10% of my $80.00 I spent with them. I will not EVER USE them. I was devastated my aunt received that. I sent them a picture of what she received.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I ordered flowers today for my sister-in-law's birthday. Their site said local, same day delivery... It also said free delivery but I noticed they charged $15.99 for a "service fee" instead... trickery. I paid it anyway and off my order went for a beautiful basket of yellow and white daisies. An hour later, I get a call from them asking me to pay MORE MONEY to deliver the flowers today or I could keep my order but have it delivered the next day (and then she started to describe some purple Iris??? I WANTED Daisies, that's not even similar!!). I started to complain that it seemed sketchy to be asking me for $5 additional (I know it's not a lot of money, but it's the point), and that it's false advertising and unprofessional to even be calling me about the driver wanting $5 more. She wouldn't budge, so I canceled my order. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Not trustworthy to deliver what you order, for the price you order, when you want it delivered or even what you order.

Original review: April 17, 2019

SCAM! DO NOT USE THIS BUSINESS! I ordered a bouquet of flowers, with a card and balloon, for my mother's birthday, to be delivered same day. The flowers never arrived. The website advertises same day delivery until 7 pm "local time" if your order is placed by 2 pm "local time." I order at noon "local time", and they were not delivered. Not only that, but they tell you 7 pm, yet all the local florists closed at 5 pm. Called the next morning to called the order, since it wasn't even attempted (my stepfather kept my mom home waiting). And they said had to contact the local florist for delivery inquiry, which was closed, as it's a 3hr time difference.

I asked what florist they use and the lady refused to tell me. Said it's "confidential." It's OK to take nearly $90 from me, but I can't know the name of the local florist? Funny. I asked for a manager and I was told they're too busy. I asked again. Too busy. I demanded a manager and information the lady I would be making a complaint to BBB, and she told me she'll TRY to get a manager. Came back a few mins later and said they're too busy. Too busy to help and unsatisfied customer? I told her I'll wait. She told me they'll call me back later. Unacceptable. I'll wait. She came back again... "Sorry ma'am, they're all busy." WOW! Read the reviews on BBB and Consumer Affairs, and stay away from this SCAM COMPANY!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

The Anniversary flowers I ordered never showed up. When I finally called after 8:00 pm to try to track them down, they had no good excuse; only that they would try to deliver them the next day. No calls to tell me there are issues; no calls to tell me they are unable to meet the agreement; nothing. Just left me hanging - and totally embarrassed not to have something special for this special day. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: April 16, 2019

My sister ordered fruit for me since I am home recovering from major surgery. They didn't tell her that they wouldn't leave fruit at the door but left me a message to call them before they could deliver. The number they left me went straight to a message that said their VM box hadn't been set up yet so I couldn't reach them. I had to call the 800# twice before I reached a noisy call center where we had to shout at each other. After being put on hold twice, the excuse they made was to say they had tried to reach me all day but had a wrong number for me. Hmmmm... Then how is it they had left me a message? Anyway, they are supposedly on their way and I will try to use my walker to get to the front door to make sure they just leave the box (I'm not allowed to carry anything). I'll have my caregiver bring it in when she gets here tonight. If their fruit is like their service, it's not going to be worth it anyway.

Original review: April 16, 2019

DO NOT USE AVAS. THEY ARE A SCAM. Was looking for a florist in Catonsville, MD in the 21228 zipcode. Seen the ad for AVAS. Picked out a arrangement. Told them I needed it delivered the next day by 11 am. "Ok. No problem." Well it is the next day. Have called them twice. It is now 1:43 pm and no flowers. Tried to find out what floral shop is doing the arrangement but they will not give me the number. My mother worked in a Floral shop as well as I did. I delivered flowers. I thought it was a local florist. Well it is not now. Please do not use this company. They are crooked and really do not care about your flowers.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Once in a lifetime event spoiled by Avas Flowers. Purchased a nice rose sympathy bouquet for my departed friend... Emailed them a pic of what I received and what was ordered. Then called them... They stated there will be no full refund. I ask the guy on the phone with customer service if he can see the pics that I sent, and he replied, "Yes." I ask him if he can see clearly the 2 pics and replied, "Yes..." I then ask him if they resembled each other in any way and he stated, "NO." I THEN ASK him if he would pay over 100 for the flowers in pic. He replied, "NO." Reviews are very important and I have hopes that no one ever buys from this Avas Flowers.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Don't order from this flora shop. I wish I had read the reviews before I placed my order. $90.00 down the drain....flowers arrived wilted and dying. I tried to work with the company to rectify, but they did not see what we saw.

Original review: April 16, 2019

This place is a joke. I ordered an arrangement for my sister who is in the hospital. It cost me $61 00 and when they delivered the arrangements it was NOTHING like what I ordered. I send them numerous messages and they have no intention to make things right. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS FLOWER SHOP!!! WHAT A SCAM!!!

Original review: April 14, 2019

My experience was awful. I am so upset you just can't understand. What Ava's Flowers chose to do is beyond despicable and just downright horrible. I paid $102 for pink/ivory Artisan14VX-LX AND paid extra for a full sized greeting card to go with the arrangement. This arrangement I understand might come slightly different due to the flowers available to the florist.

However, I chose a pink/ivory color scheme because it was a funeral and it was the deceased mom of my friend's favorite colors. First, this never showed up to the funeral home even though I got an email that said it was delivered. I ordered it to be delivered on 4/10 the morning of the funeral to be there so my friend Patti could take it home with her afterwards. What got delivered you ask??? Not a DAMN thing...there was an arrangement that got delivered that was nothing like I ordered (orange roses, purple irises, something pink) with no card, no greeting, no name, no address, no identifying details at all from any florist.

My friend Patti doesn't know who sent them but thinks those might have been what I ordered. I am so disgusted if this is what the florist chose to deliver instead of what I paid for. This was a funeral, supposed to be something classy and elegant, not wildflower and in a ** mason jar. I don't think you can even understand my HORROR realizing last night when I spoke to my friend to see if she got the arrangement. Did I mention HORROR???? How could this have gone so very wrong? There was no card that I paid for, there were no classy, elegant flowers for a FUNERAL in a mason jar.

I am so very angry. I am actually in tears. Sending flowers to my friend Patti was the best thing I could do since I live on the west coast for a short time and this was supposed to help her know I was thinking about her and her family. Now she is left with the impression that I just didn't care enough to send the best or even acknowledge her mom's passing. Embarrassing.

I have reached out to Ava's Flowers whose only suggestion was to give me a credit for $15 to your website for future ordering. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I won't be ordering from your company ever again, my anger is just so very palpable right now from your mistake not just in NOT delivering anything close to what I ordered but NOT making it right after. The florist who delivered must have known what an ** thing he was doing because he left off all identifying information. Yes, there was no card as I mentioned, no information of who sent the flowers or who delivered them. This is one of those moments I needed your help to let someone know I cared enough to send them some flowers, a thought of kindness in a time of grief and you failed miserably. Shame on you.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I asked that they deliver tulips to my mom for her birthday. They NEVER arrived. Not only that, they added items to my order that I did not authorize and refused to refund my money. RUDE customer svc.

Original review: April 13, 2019

My order was for 9 sets of 3 clear vases each holding 1 Gerbera Daisy & Baby’s Breath. I paid $489 for the flowers. At the prearranged delivery time, no flowers. 1-hr after delivery time still no flowers. I called Avas. I was told the designer couldn’t be reached & my delivery “was probably” on its way. I asked for the name of the local florist who was delivering for Avas but was told they couldn’t give me that information. Having no choice, I had to scramble around for centerpieces for my event which would start in 3 hours. I went to the store & bought enough to do 9 tables. I spent $434. I want my money back. Stealing is wrong. Scamming is wrong. The things that Avas's does to steal your money probably makes some people cry. I cried. The almost $900 that I had to spend today is going to make my life harder. How do I make up the money that was stolen from me? Nobody should treat another person that way.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Please do not use Avas Flowers. I ordered 2 arrangements for my brother’s funeral. They came late. One Sympathy Wreath was very small and didn’t look like what they advertised on their page, although it was not cheap. A second basket was better, but the ribbon reading “Beloved Uncle, etc.” was written by hand in Magic Marker and had the letters “AMP AND” written in front of my son’s name. What is an AMP? I called from the funeral parlor to complain and the person that answered told me “Oh, I’ve been sick for two days and had to rush the order” - not my problem!! It was humiliating! Considering that other people’s arrangements were beautiful, mine were a huge disappointment. This was for my brother!!!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Avas does not deserve to be in business. I ordered flowers as a 'congratulations' to my daughter who just moved into her new home. The flowers were delivered on time, only to be ant infested. She had to put them outside - not what I intended. To make matters worse, there is no phone number for Avas and no way to reach them. If I could, I would give them no stars - but it's not an option. Do yourself a favor - do not use this company!

Original review: April 13, 2019

Avasflower.com is horrible. They ruined my anniversary surprise... I ordered flower to be delivered to my Fiance during her work hours. I asked for them to be delivered between the hours of 10am and noon. After the deadline passes I called Avas flowers to see when they would be delivered and they could not get ahold of the driver. Not only were the flowers not delivered I showed up to her work after the shop had already closed for the the day at 4 pm. I then called asking for a refund and they told me that I would only receive a partial refunded. How is that fair? Not only did I get screwed over, I then was told that I would have to follow up the next day to talk about a possible refund. I would not recommend this company to anyone... Order from somewhere else... Never going to order from them ever again. I have already told all my friends and family about this horrible experience...

Original review: April 12, 2019

Shame on me for not checking on the reviews for this company, BEFORE I placed my order. This Company will be out of business the minute they will have to rely on REPEAT business. Take my word on it. I wasn't sure if I was placing an offshore bet or speaking to someone in their "Customer Service Department". Once I wasn't buying the line they tried to give me on why there was a $17.99 service charge added to the order that wasn't listed on the order, they hung on me. This happened 3 times. They orginally informed me the service charge was for the "care of the flowers" that were being delivered. At least that part was a little humorous. If anyone from the company has the guts to call and want to discuss further please feel free. **. Pleae take my advice and RUN! Unlike your company, I'm not afraid to speak to someone who wants discuss the matter like an adult. Hanging up, what are we 5 ? John **.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Ordered flowers for a grand opening. Assured by person taking my order that they would be delivered in the morning. After 12:00 and they still aren't there. Paid over $100.00. Called customer service to speak with a manager and was told that he was unavailable and couldn't take my call but would return it. Surprise.... No call yet and no flowers delivered. I'll be persistent but I'd advise everyone to be wary. They don't deliver... in more ways than one.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I ordered 2 $250 sympathy wreaths for 2 Line of Duty Deaths in Illinois. I asked for pictures of the final product and had to call repeatedly to remind them that I needed a picture of the wreaths. They then sent me an email stating that they didn't have time to send me a photo and I asked what they could do for me as I order hundred of wreaths a year and have never before been denied a photo. They finally found a photo of a wreath that was a quarter of the size of the advertised wreath and was told it is as close as they could get to it. We also paid $70 more than the price of the advertisement to get a fuller version. I am horrified and they refuse to do anything for us. We are ordering from a National Organization and will NEVER order from this place ever again.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I called Avas Flowers in Trumbull, Connecticut. They lied and said they were local and their family owned business was near my friend’s house. I discussed in detail the floral arrangement I ordered and I referred to a product order on their website. They lied & said they would email a pic of the arrangement before they delivered it. They delivered a hideous cheap, sparse few flowers in an ugly, cheap vase. The arrangement was supposed to be a large centerpiece for a formal dinner. When I arrived to the dinner, I was mortified that my friend would think I would send such a bunch of junk. They have lied in working with my complaint. They did acknowledge that they did not deliver what I ordered. This is a criminal company. DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: April 10, 2019

I ordered a Medium size bouquet. Instead, my friend received a Small size bouquet, which was not nearly as impressive as the one I wanted. They admitted that on the recording of my conversation with their sales rep I ordered Medium. Yet they only agreed to refund me $10 - the difference between small and medium!

I explained that the item I ordered was "Medium size bouquet of type x", I did not get that, and want a full refund. They refuse. I will have to go to my credit card company to follow up.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs