2. Shopping
  3. Flower Delivery

3.4/5 (924 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Scheduled a delivery for my anniversary and find out at 4pm they messed up and will not be able to deliver my anniversary flowers. Wanted to give me 10 dollars and deliver the day after my anniversary. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Order standing spray $124.99, Sympathy banner 9.99, Peace lilly 39. 99. Total over 200. On phone with them since 930AM Monday morning about delivery that's due at 3pm. WTF ** IS THIS. Funeral Tuesday. Is this a joke? NEVER IN LIFE HAVE I HAD SUCH A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ORDERING FLOWERS. NEVER EVER AGAIN WILL AVAS GET BUSINESS FROM ME. You have to call go thru dumb phone system that reroutes you constantly. After 10 minutes of circles you get a 20 min line to be told you have to wait for CSR to verily w/ SECRET FLORIST THATS SELLS FLOWERS THEY DON'T HAVE INSTOCK. WILL NEVER. DO NOT USE AVAS.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I recently had a very disturbing experience with AVAS Flowers today. I had a good friend of mine that had lost his son. I had turned to Avas flowers to help me with a little sympathy card and a bouquet of flowers to be sent to the local funeral home within 1/4 mile of the Avas flower shop. 30 minutes before the wake was to start, I received a text from Avas flowers from a different lady which I had placed my order with, and she went on to tell me that their delivery person left for the day, and that they would not be able to deliver the flowers... I could not believe it. I am also a business owner, and if I make a commitment I am responsible to keep it, and I believe if somebody is still there to take more orders, that same person can go 1/4 a mile down the road and deliver the flowers.

At the time I had no other option myself, yes they did give me a full refund, but that was not what I was wanting from Avas Flowers. The lady was being snotty rude, meaning she was happily telling me, "Sorry you're **". Excuse my language, but that is how she was gracefully refunding my money... Any other event I would have not been so upset but because it was a wake for a 21 year old man I felt it very unprofessional on behalf of Avas flowers. Sincerely, Bill

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Avas was listed as a local florist near the cemetery where I buried my mother. It isn't. It is actually 1800-flowers and if you need it delivered they send the order to Conroy's. Every time I've had flowers from Conroy's they've been terrible and this was no exception. The flowers look like they taken off a grave last week and delivered to us as new. They were wilted, there were big bare spots and was nothing like the picture. When I talked to the girl on the phone she said that Avas isn't a real place, it's just an order collecting website for 1800flowers. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Avas Flowers is one of the worst companies I have ever had dealings with. I recommend people steer away from, let me explain. I ordered flowers for my wife who was seriously ill after a stroke. I put in an order for flowers on Friday Oct 22nd. Nothing arrived. I waited until the next day, when after other items I could check my voice mail on my home phone. As people know we get numerous hoax calls a day and a strange number without showing any signs of who from just does not get answered. There was a couple of messages being an issue with my order. Finally on Sunday I was able to follow up and found it was due to some of the flowers not being available. I agreed to have flowers substituted and expected a delivery that Sunday…. No. .. nothing. I also found some emails in my junk mail area, the fact it mentions checking for them in your junk emails makes me wonder if this common.

Monday, I called to follow up 5 times, was told several times was told was planned for delivery... NOTHING. Tuesday still no flowers. Called and demanded to speak to a manager or supervisor, was eventually passed to a delivery manager. They were unable to get to the florist whom the order was with, gave me a small credit and reordered from another florist and would be sure it was delivered today. Later got an email saying the delivery could not be made. SO much for Avas promises.

After another 6 phone calls, yes 6 the issue is the Avas IVR (voice system) has a bug. You contact them and are asked for order number if like me you are out and do not have the number it askes for phone number to do with the order. O put in the phone number it states the order in question, then states, "Sorry we need the order number," and drops the call 6 times!!!! Eventually I was able to speak to a person and demand a refund. This is now Tuesday and I ordered on the previous Friday. I have been promised delivery 6 times, made nearly 20 phone calls and NUMEROUS online messages! I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN... AND ADVISE OTHERS TO AVOID THEM.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I am beyond disgusted with Avas Flowers. You will not be notified of the delivery, they will not give you the local florist information and last they give you a complete runaround. PLEASE if you are going to send flowers to call a local florist and have them prepare your order. Keep the money with the local shops and not overseas.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I ordered a bouquet to be same day delivery for a friend’s birthday on a Thursday…. Paid over $77.00 for a $49.00 arrangement. The flowers were not delivered on her birthday and the next morning I called and complained and was told they’d be delivered by noon that day, which was Friday. Well, they were not delivered by noon, in fact, I was told afterward that delivery was attempted after her place of business was closed in the early evening! To top it off, they gave me trouble about giving me back a full refund! Frankly, one star is one star too many. I suggest you use a different florist!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

EXTREMELY dissatisfied!!! I would give ZERO stars if it were an option. I called from Virginia to place an order a few days ago for a large potted Azalea bush to be delivered to a house in Trinity, Alabama for a birthday. I placed the order with a man whose name started with a G. I asked him THREE times if he could confirm that the Azalea bush would be blooming, since it may be the wrong season to bloom. He assured me each time that it would be "just like in the picture on the website". I said we didn't care what color the blooms were, but we REALLY wanted the order to be FLOWERING when it arrived. I asked if he could check, and call me back so I could change the order if they had no blooming Azalea bushes. He repeated that it would be blooming, took my payment and never called me back.

The order came to almost $90 and didn't include any discount because it was placed over the phone. The day it arrived to the recipient, it was NOTHING like the order. In fact, it was assorted green plants, instead of an Azalea bush, with NOT A SINGLE BLOOM ANYWHERE. We specifically ordered an Azalea bush so she could plant it in her yard, and enjoy blooms for years to come. NONE of that is possible with the order as it was sent. The card message was also totally botched. We asked for it to say "To my mom who is not told often enough that I appreciate you." Instead the card says "To my mom who's not old enough. I appreciate you." I called the day after I found out that the order was completely botched. This time I spoke with a woman who wouldn't give me the name of the man I ordered from, and never even asked if I was happy with the order despite my confirming the name and phone number of the placed order.

WE WILL NOT ORDER HERE AGAIN. I left a review on their webpage, but apparently they only show the positive reviews. I dug deeper where to leave a review and discovered that the company isn't even based in the US. The orders are placed overseas and filled in the US somewhere near where you ordered them. This is why there are SO MANY mistakes and NO accountability.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I ordered "upgraded flowers" and that is not what I got for sure, what I got was some half dead horrible looking weeds. I had to call and remind them of my delivery day that I specified I needed because it was a very special 80th birthday. When the flowers got there I was mortified and ashamed for the arrangement I spent $109.00 on. I contacted them to only get a response of we will give you $20.00 back.. Really I want a full refund and you can even come pick up your crappy flowers. No response... I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN AND I WILL MAKE SURE NOBODY ELSE GETS SCAMMED TOO.... STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

This is the first time I ever ordered flowers. I set this up to be sent to my grandpa that is currently in the hospital. This was a HUGE disappointment! They looked Nothing like the picture. And when I called to complain they offered me 50% of the flowers but I would still be out 50 dollars! They offered to pick them up and then I would get a refund but my grandma took them home to be put in water. This is not a good company to order from. They deliver flowers you would pick from a dingy field!

Avas Flowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

Avas Flowers Company Information