Avas Flowers

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

To place my order took forever as the person I spoke with barely spoke English and getting my name spelled correctly was a process within itself. I still do not know if he got the name right. The next day I received an email telling me to urgently contact the company regarding my order. I did so and the person I spoke to was hard to understand and we got cut off. I called back and got another person who was very difficult to understand and after being placed on hold for several minutes informed me that there was no problem. It was very apparent the person was in a phone bank as the background noise added to the distraction of his not speaking English. Because of the total confusion, I doubt if my order gets delivered. Avas Flowers is something and someone I will never call again.

If there was a way to give 0 stars, I would. This so-called flower business is a joke. My husband ordered flowers to be delivered to my office. They never came. Also, I called the contact number. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After being on hold for several minutes I spoke with what sounded like a child, also while listening to a lot of giggling in the background. After talking to a complete imbecile, I finally gave up, realizing no restitution was coming. So, in short, never use Ava's Flowers. Unless you enjoy being disappointed.

I ordered a box of chocolate and flowers for $95 to a co-worker after a serious surgery to be delivered to her house in early afternoon on 01/26/17. I did not want to bother her asking about the delivery for a week or so and when I text her today asking if she received everything she said "they delivered at night after 7pm when I was asleep" and flowers were in a small basket not the premium that was ordered and box of chocolate that they charged me $20 plus delivery was missing and not delivered! I called Avas Fowers Las Vegas. They said "we have 48 hours policy for complaint and we can't do anything now!" Finally they said they refund me for chocolate when I said they need to deliver her the same order again. I don't believe they are very ethical and honest.

I wanted to order a welcome bouquet for my son and daughter-in-law to their new home in December and to celebrate the Christmas Holiday. I was under the impression that Avas Flowers was a locally owned shop in Evansville, WI. The flowers were two days late and were a mere handful of carnations rather than the lovely bouquet and container I had chosen online. I was embarrassed when I saw what the delivery was and that it was late. I had my son send a photo of the flowers to the Company. That is when I learned that Avas Flowers is not a local shop in Evansville, but flowers sent from New Jersey.

When I contacted the Company with my complaint they said that I could have my son or daughter-in-law choose another arrangement for the same price - at the store. I again was under the impression that there was a Brick & Mortar store - in Evansville, WI - not so. The company would not credit my credit card. I was only able to make another order for the amount. This time I was told the flowers would be delivered from a local shop??? Am not happy with this company.

I ordered a plant from Avas Flowers for my mother's birthday. They never delivered the plant but sent me a confirmation email that they did. When my mother told me she never got them, I called the customer service line. They said that the confirmation was sent by mistake and the driver never got there. I told them I wanted my credit card refunded. They said that a manager would call me back. Of course, no call back. I called again and I was put on hold with a recording that said to "schedule" a callback. I scheduled one and, again, no call back. I finally disputed the charge with my credit card company. What a scam they are running.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

I am a pretty patient person. They couldn't get the address right yet it was on the receipt perfect. They didn't speak English. They kept reading scripts and not dealing with the missed delivery. They kept offering me future deals... HELLO! Can I get my 1st set of flowers first! Left my phone number twice on the "customer service automated line" for a call back... never happened. FINALLY delivered... to my neighbor who was kind enough to bring them to me. I paid $70... this bouquet looked maybe $30. I contacted them immediately... still waiting.

This is a scam. This is not a local business and the worst customer service ever. The arrangement was not what I ordered. They delivered on the wrong day and the flowers were not fresh and died in 3 days. They will not issue a refund and will not re-delivery. Please read all of the comments that people have listed. This company should be shut down!

I ordered an orchid together with a birthday card for my Mother-in-Law's 80th birthday. I ordered this the day before her birthday to be delivered the next day on her birthday. This was a Friday delivery so no big issue... that's what I thought... I received a confirmation message on Friday that the flowers were delivered. By the way, I paid USD 80 for this (it said free delivery but then they charge you a service charge of $10 yeah, so no free delivery just relabel.)... Well, when I called my Mother-in-Law if she liked the Orchid she told me it was never delivered... After many very angry phone calls (initially Avas Flowers claimed they could not find my order number in their system!). Finally the next day (Saturday) an orchid was delivered but without the $4 birthday card I had paid for (of course, that would be too good to be true).

Never again, please my recommendation would be to phone a truly local florist direct. Avas Flowers is just a service that will contact local flower shops and makes arrangements with them. Much better to do this yourself and cut out the 'broker' as this was an absolute disaster particularly when you are relying on a service whilst trying to do something nice for a family member on a special day!

HORRIBLE FLORIST. If I could rate them a zero or lower, I would. On 1/11 I ordered 16 pink roses to be delivered to my granddaughter for her Sweet 16 which was two weeks later. From the arrangement that arrived, it looked as if they'd purchased the flowers at the time I ordered them... and sent out the same (now dead) flowers. I paid for 18, but requested only 16 be used and to please add some baby's breath in lieu of the other 2 roses. Nothing. No filler, no bow... just dead flowers thrown in a vase. In fact, from the photo it looks like there aren't even a full dozen... much less 16.

As a former florist I have to say that I would have never sent out anything that looked like this. Totally amateur. My son sent a photo when the arrangement arrived and I was horrified. Roses heads were all hanging and flowers were all bruised. I sent them the photo, as requested, and have had nothing but a runaround ever since. Guess I have no recourse except to dispute it with my credit card company... which I certainly intend to do. And they can take the store credit for a whole $10 (on an over $100 order) and stick it. I will never order anything from them again. Apparently, though, it does no good to complain since I see hundreds of dissatisfied customers writing reviews of similar experiences... and to what avail? They're still in business which is a disgrace to the floral industry! Do not use this florist... EVER!

I ordered a Floral Vibrance Bouquet for a friend who has been dealing with a serious medical condition, but what was delivered was completely different from what I ordered. When I contacted Avas Flowers to complain, I was told they could offer me a $10 refund and a store credit. I explained I don’t want store credit as I will never shop with Avas again and I think a $10 refund for having sent a completely different product is insulting. When I asked for a larger or full refund, the rep told me the local floral designer had called my friend and she said she loved the flowers. What? You called my friend? I’m the one who complained; it’s not as if I told my friend she got the wrong flowers. The rep said if he gave me a full refund they’d have to go pick up the flowers. You would take a bouquet of flowers away from my homebound friend as she sat in her wheelchair? Good lord, people.

The rep then escalated my call to a manager who offered me a $15 refund. She said their flower expert had reviewed the pictures and the flowers sent to my friend were of a higher quality and worth more money. Even if that were true, what was sent was not what I ordered and if my friend hadn’t sent a picture of the bouquet, I never would have known. As this was my 3rd call and had taken an hour of my time, I had to move on with my life and I took the $15 refund. Ridiculous.

I ordered the flowers on the evening of Jan 18th. The lady said they could deliver the next day, the19th, by 4 pm CST. The visitation was from 6-8 pm so she reassured me they would be there in plenty of time. I went to the visitation and the flowers were not there. I live over 2 hrs away and was not going to be able to be at the funeral, so I wanted to make sure I liked what I bought for this family. I called Avas while at the visitation about 7 pm to find out why the flowers were not there. They at first said they were to be delivered on the 21st, not the 20th. We I told the gentleman "no, I have my email stating otherwise." He said "wait I'm looking at wrong order."

He then said the delivery driver was unavailable to reach but that the flowers would be at the funeral home on the 21st early for the service, which was from 2-4. Well, they never updated the delivery status that morning so I called 5 times and each time they put me on hold and then eventually hung up on me. Worst experience ever. And now my friend's fiance never got the beautiful white carnations I wanted her to have because her mom loved carnations. They say they are local... LIE!!! They say they deliver anywhere in USA in 24 hrs... LIE!!! They should be out of business!!!

If I could give negative stars I would. I called on a Monday and specifically ask if they could deliver at the address I wanted. I was told "yes" numerous times. I then picked out the Yellow sympathy vase for a funeral on their website to be delivered on Friday by 4:00 pm. At noon on Friday they sent me a text message marked "urgent." I called and had a difficult time understanding the gentleman on the other end because he did not speak English. I was told that they were out of lilies and wanted to substitute for different flowers. I said yes. I received another text message two hours later marked "Urgent."

I called and they informed me that they were out of yellow roses and wanted to substitute. Again I said yes. This happened 4 times on Friday. At 5:00 pm I received another message marked "urgent." They told me at 5:00 pm on Friday evening that they could not deliver my flowers because they did not deliver at the address I had requested. By this time it was too late to order any flowers for the funeral I was attending. My question is exactly what kind of good florist doesn't have lilies and roses and why wait until it was too late to inform me that they could not deliver as promised? I got a sorry from the manager. I cancelled my order but have not gotten a credit on my card yet. This business is badly operated and managed. Do not use this florist. Call a reputable florist!!!

Five roses and the rest was cheap fillers. It was supposed to be a deluxe arrangement with free delivery. Total price $78.94 and there was no card to indicate who sent the flowers to the recipient. Company name was Bo-Kay, not Avas, so I don't know if they ordered from a third party.

I ordered a gift basket for a friend. The basket was to contain a variety of fruit, crackers, cheese, pkg of coffee, shortbread, smoked beef, jam, cookies. I was surprised to see that very little was delivered. But the worst part was the presentation: the basket was old and dirty and was filled with old plastic grocery bags. The charge on my credit card was $91.94. After my complaint, Avas offered me a $30 credit for my next order but I insisted that they send a replacement. The replacement basket contained: 4 apples, 3 oranges, 3 pears, crackers, a spoon containing chocolate and 4 bite size chocolates (hardly worth $91.94).

I ordered flowers for my parents anniversary. On the day of anniversary I got e-mail from Avas Flowers that it has been delivered at 4 pm. They went downstairs to their concierge service few times and been told that it was no flowers delivery at all throughout the day. I called the Avas Flowers, after being on hold for a while and pressing bunch of different numbers finally was able to talk to operator. He put me on hold again and said that he is trying to reach their flowers designer to see whats going on. I was on hold for about 7 min. After that he got back to me and told me that he is not able to get ahold of them. That someone will call me back shortly.

In about an hour I called them again since no one called me. It was the same story. By 7 pm I called them again and operator did the same trick as previous 2. They put me on hold, and then told me that mysterious "flower designer" is not answering. I asked the operator to connect me to supervisor. Was placed on hold for awhile, and after 15 minutes my call was disconnected. I called my credit card and stop payment. Moral of the story: if you want your flowers NOT to be delivered, and you love to spending time on HOLD while they are searching for mysterious "flower designer" then Avas Flowers is for you.

I called Avas Flowers in Suwanee, GA to order an arrangement for a very dear family friend who had passed away. I first looked at the pictures online and chose the large arrangement size in all white. They charged me $125.00... and when I saw the arrangement at the funeral I was stunned and not in a good way! It was so small!!! I called to complain about the size and they told me that I would need to send them a picture of it and they would review my complaint and get back with me with their decision... wait, I thought it was satisfaction guaranteed? I send the picture anyway, and guess what? I have not heard a word from them and it's been weeks!!! Then I went online and read all of the bad reviews they've gotten... I'm talking hundreds of bad reviews... boy, do I feel like an idiot!

Arrangement was supposed to be delivered Friday 12-23-16. It was not. I called on Saturday 12-24 and was promised a delivery date of 12-26 at 930 am. It was not delivered either. The runaround to get through to a live person was horrific. No one would help. I spoke with 8 different people, several multiple times. Not My department, then they transferred me to a "help department" which never answered the phone. I estimate I was on the phone more than 3 hours trying to get help. I got so frustrated that I decided to cancel the order. Another 1.5 hours to get through. I would never recommend anyone to use this company. They give you a runaround like you wouldn't believe and the customer service was absolutely horrible. Save yourself the aggravation and order from a reliable florist.

I ordered a arrangement at approximately 6pm on 15 DEC '16. I was told it was too late for same day delivery but was assured it would be delivered the next morning. I called at 4pm on 16 DEC '16 to find out the arrangement not only had not been delivered. The operator said they tried to call the delivery driver but they were not answering the phone so a text was sent. I called back around 5pm for a status and was told the arrangement was not available. It was never created or loaded on a truck! I asked for a supervisor and got put on hold. The hold system asked for callback number and then hung up on me when I didn't input one. I called back a third time and asked for a supervisor and got put on hold again. I guess there are no supervisors at all because I was again forced to leave a callback number, which I did. It is very poor customer service to not provide the paid for items at the agreed upon timeframe and not notify the customer.

I've used your service now for the 5th time which began in December of 2015, and have been very impressed with your on-time delivery among other things. The feedback from the recipients, had been very good. I've had comments about the quality of the arrangements and how good it made the recipient's felt. Thank you so much for the way in which you lift the spirits of those individuals who may not be feeling positive, and for providing same day service that is affordable...

DO NOT PURCHASE FLOWERS WITH THIS COMPANY. I have never felt so ripped off in all of my life. I paid almost $130 for a premium (the largest one they offer) pink and purple bouquet of flowers, along with a greeting card, a medium teddy bear, 3 red latex balloons and a get well Mylar balloon. What was delivered was absolutely pathetic. There was about a 12 inch tall bouquet of flowers, along with a SMALL teddy bear, NO GREETING CARD, NO BALLOONS (NO RED OR MYLAR BALLOONS). Not to mention the horrible horrible customer service that they have.

They all REFUSE to get you to a supervisor, they say they are as high up in the company as my complaint will go. Even though on their website it clearly states that they will give a refund if you are unhappy. Which is more than unhappy. I am angry for such blatant false advertisement and disrespect from customer service and they also state that you can get a refund if there was a partial delivery. Which there was.

I will take this to every social media site you can imagine. I work for reputation management and I know how to make this situation go viral. Not to mention my sister that works for a news channel who monthly does a segment on scams from internet companies and how they rip you off. She has already agreed to air this piece. I have photos and pictures of everything that I purchased and what was actually delivered. So feel free to contact me with your refund if you care. Which I do not believe that you do. I have spoken to your "supervisors" a few I didn't get their name but all refused to help and refused to get me to someone higher. Names were: Carmen & Heidi at ext. ** & Dorothy who has never returned any of my calls as promised. My email is ** and all of my contact information has been connected to my order to Florida Hospital Rollins.

I live in Sydney, Australia and phoned Avas Flowers to order an arrangement for my daughter's 21st birthday, as she is studying at university in the US. I order a deluxe arrangement with flowers, teddy bear, chocolates, balloons and large card. I was assured they would be delivered that day. What she received later that day was a bunch of flowers in a broken vase. No bear, no card, no balloon, no chocolates. The next day she received more flowers in a basket to make up for the broken vase. When I contacted customer service, all they could say was "we care about customer satisfaction, sorry about the vase, here's a $10 credit." This was my first experience of ordering flowers in the US and I hope it's not typical of all florists. I won't be using them again and am reluctant to use US online businesses now.

I ordered flowers from Avas Flowers in Morgantown, WV after a death in the family and what was received was not anywhere remotely close to what was ordered. I had asked for a fireplace basket with at least a dozen, assorted colored roses, 2 candles, a little bit of greenery and filler flowers to make the arrangement full. I was quoted a price of over $100 and reiterated several times that I wanted at least a dozen roses and was assured they would prepare a beautiful arrangement for the occasion. I did not see the flowers until 2 days after as I live in a different state several hours away. The arrangement was in a basket but it only contained 5 fully bloomed roses (all red), a few filler flowers and the rest was greenery which looked like huge palms and the arrangement did not contain any candles.

After completing their survey I was asked to send a picture and received a reply that the arrangement was represented according to the receipt and therefore met the Product Description as well as their Substitution Policy. I wish someone could explain how 5 red roses and zero candles are a substitute for "a dozen assorted color roses and 2 candles." And, why did they need to substitute if that was case. Surely the florist had 12 assorted colored roses. There was also a mix up and another arrangement was delivered at the same time incorrectly and the grieving family and myself had to endure numerous phone calls to try to get it straightened out with no apology from Avas for their mistake. I hope my review saves another grieving person their time and money. I would not have given one star if it had not of been required.

I ordered a florist designed arrangement that was supposed to be at the value of $79.99 for a discounted price of $59.99. I called customer service after I placed my order and requested specific colors and flowers in the arrangement. The arrangement then was delivered and was not a premium arrangement. There was only one rose and lots of filler flowers. After telling customer service that I was unhappy with the arrangement, I was told that the arrangement was within the guidelines for the price paid. This would mean that the online discount is a scam and you will not receive a better arrangement with the discount. I am very disappointed in the integrity of this flower shop and I will never order from them again.

I ordered from Avas flowers for an 80 year old friend's BD. They were to be delivered on Sept.27th. Instructions stated early morning or late afternoon. If not home leave on porch. Very clear. Well attempted delivery 1pm. Of course no one home and did not leave on porch. No second attempt. It is a small town not big city. Called because they state deliver up to 7pm local time. This is when I found out what they did and did not do. Said they would be delivered next day not happy at all. Then offered to give me % off next order. Are you kidding? I told her there will not be next time. She put me on hold and came back with 10% off my order. Whoopee. You pay 13.95 service charge and you do not receive the service. But I did receive $5.19 off my order. Enough said. Will not be ordering from this company again.

When a family member passed away, I wanted to order flowers for the funeral. On August 5, 2016, I ordered two sets of floral arrangements from a florist I located online that advertised "Same Day Flower Delivery" in the same county as the funeral. Since the funeral was not until August 8, 2016, and I was assured by a customer representative named "Mayra" that the flowers would be on-time for the morning service. I expected all would go well with delivery, but it did not. The morning of the funeral, I was outside the church several times calling Avas Flowers trying to ascertain where the delivery was and to be certain the flowers would arrive on-time. Each time I was told that they were "on the way". However, no flowers when the service started and no flowers during the service.

Those flowers did not arrive until AFTER the body was loaded back into the hearse and on its way to the cemetery! To wit, the flowers and the attached cards were sitting in the back of a near empty church AFTER the service was over. I was disgusted! I paid $243.93 and $85.03 respectively for each one of the floral arrangements I ordered, and when I asked them about a refund, they said that they don't refund, but as compensation, this company would offer me a discount on the next set of flowers I bought. The nerve! What in goodness name would they think would possess me to order from them again after this first time customer buy had been a disaster??

The order numbers are ** and I will NEVER order from or recommend them to anyone ever again, and I feel it only right that I inform the paying public about their horrible service and lack of professional behavior. The customer service representatives I spoke with on the phone informed me that they could not reach the drivers once they left the business location, so how exactly were they to track my order?? No cell phone? No walkie talkie device? Needless to say this situation totally ruined my ability to rest flowers from the family on the family member's grave that day and cost me more to get more flowers due to the distance of the gravesite.

The only appeasement I would accept is a full refund from this company. I was so upset by this that it took me weeks to finally write this review, looking into possible methods of recourse. The false advertising is what upsets me - "Same Day Flower Delivery" indeed! I was on the phone with a live representative so many times, so why couldn't they just be honest in the first place, admit they couldn't meet the deadline, and offer me a refund? It seems to me they want your money so badly that they'd lie to a customer to get it. Very disappointed!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! This company creates the image that they would be competent and they are very good in selling things they never deliver. They are not even able to confirm what they delivered. Basically they have no idea what they are doing and the so-called customer service is either not available, incompetent or not able to provide any details.

We ordered a specific wreath with a dedicated banner for a funeral. Several hours after we placed the order we received an email telling us that we should call back. It turned out the company was not able to deliver although a local company advertised the same product on their web page. When I called back they first tried to come up with excuses that the order was not placed 4 days before although it was advertised as "same day delivery product" and was ordered 36 hours before the funeral. We then agreed to change the product under the condition of proof by a picture to something similar they "were sure" to be able to deliver. But even several hours after the funeral we did not receive any notice nor picture and the online "order and delivery status" did not confirm that the wreath was delivered.

Calling the so-called customer service was useless as they did not even know whether wreath had been delivered and whether the banner we had ordered had been attached. There are always excuses and you always talk to a different call center agent, but there never was any useful information. What a miserable experience!! Several hours after the funeral we still do not know what we paid for!!

My experience with Avas Flowers was AWFUL to say the least. In fact, had 0 stars been an option, I would have chose that. I ordered a "Deluxe" bouquet of flowers to be delivered to my mother in law for her 60th birthday. In addition to the flowers I ordered three YELLOW balloons to go with them... needless to say, she received something entirely different. Not only would AVAS FLOWERS not helpful... they refused to resend flowers or reimburse me. I was told on SEVERAL occasions that I would get a follow up phone call. I'm still waiting on that.

Do not use this company, they are crap and their product is crap. They refunded me $13.95 and gave me a $20 store credit... as if I would EVER used their services again!?!? Their customer service gave me the run around and today I spoke with the "highest" manager WHO ARGUED BACK WITH ME? Avas Flowers is a piece of crap company and they offer crappy product and service... DO NOT USE THEM! THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY AWFUL.

This is the worst flowers I have ever ordered! They are pitiful! The arrangement was supposed to be $39.99 with free delivery and still ended up costing almost $70. I am embarrassed that I sent them to my friend for her birthday!! I am VERY disappointed and will not be using Avas Flowers EVER again!!!

First, I googled local florists for a town and Avas appeared as a local company, which they are not. I should have checked them out first, but they were offering a discount and free delivery, which it was not really free. I ordered a plant with a few blooms. There was an extra service charge besides a delivery charge, so that should have made me stop the order right there. I ordered early enough to get same day delivery. I then received an email that the plant was delivered. It was not actually delivered until the next day, over 24 hours later. The plant arrived with the blooms brown and wilted. My Aunt mentioned it to the delivery person, who just shrugged and was like "oh well."

I then received an email to rate their service and said the same things I said here. I later received an email about how sorry they were and someone would get back to me. Two weeks later I still did not hear anything. So I replied to the email. The next day someone called and I missed the call. I tried calling back. It was a ridiculous phone tree that went nowhere. I called again and chose a different option. After being on hold for over 5 minutes then I get an automated message that they will call me back. Let's see if they really do call. If all I get offered is a coupon for a future purpose, they can keep their coupon because I will never use them again.

I ordered a peace lily from Avas online for a funeral four days prior to the actual funeral date. I made it very clear to Avas that the plant had to be at the church by 9:15 A.M. It was never delivered. I called Avas and they said they would try to contact the driver and call me back. They called back and said they could not reach the driver. Long story short, the plant never arrived. That's the first time in my life I have ordered flowers for any occasion and they never showed up. If I could give them 0 stars, I would. They're a ripoff. Avas called me back again and said they would deliver the flowers to one of the family members. Seriously? I told them I want a refund. Period. Do not ever order flowers from Avas if you expect them to arrive.

Compare Flower Delivery