1.03/5

Last updated: April 22, 2018

929 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I ordered a specific floral arrangement and stuff animal. The arrangement they delivered was not the one I ordered, it had very few flowers and completely different from the ones in the arrangement I wanted. The delivered arrangement was not even arranged nicely. It looked like the flowers were just thrown into the glass vase.

I made several attempts to contact the company by email and no one replied. I called, they asked for a picture to be emailed, I did that. No reply. Had to call back again. The person I spoke to could see the photo of the wrong arrangement that was delivered. She said they would send out the correct arrangement the next day. That did not happen. When I asked about the 24.99 service/handling fee (because the delivery was free!) she said it was for care... She told me I would get an email confirming a credit for that amount... never happened. I called again to find out they gave me a 9.99 credit! When I questioned why I didnt get the entire $24.99 she said the best she could do is another 10.00.

As for the second delivery... it was suppose to go out the next day... so now it is two days after my call not the next day. As of this moment I have no idea if the flowers will be delivered or if they will be delivered as ordered or if I will get my second 10.00 refund. I will NEVER used Avas again, and I will NEVER recommend them to anyone. Complete disregard for any level of customer service!!!

Original review: April 22, 2018

Do not utilize this company for your floral services needs! Needed same day/next day delivery for flowers. Said same day/next day delivery on website but then did not allow same day as option in processing the order so I input next day of 4/21 to place order. Offers for 50% off appeared on every screen. After completing the order input, I then find on the final summary 1) that I'm being given "50% off" a ridiculously inflated base price for a simple order 2) that I'm being charged an additional $2.99 for a one line message in the delivery and 3) that I'm getting "free delivery" but I'm being charged an additional $25 for handling fees. No time to shop around so I placed order and was done with it.

Next day, I receive an email telling me the order is not being delivered until 3 days AFTER the scheduled delivery date. I call customer service to cancel order and am immediately disconnected. Call back and get a representative who tells me that they cannot cancel the order because it was placed same day/next day. I said "but you're telling me you're not delivering it same day/next day which is what I paid for so what sense does that make?" Alluded to possibly adjusting my order total but ultimately refused to cancel order which under the circumstances, is now worthless to me. After making it clear I was not going to accept being charged for an order which they would not fulfill within the represented timeframe, they hung up on me! Completely unprofessional and a total waste of time! My credit card company is withholding payment on the charge.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Poor Quality Flowers and appalling customer service! Half the flowers that were delivered to my mother never opened. Customer service will only read to you from a script. They are uncaring and unhelpful. I will never use them again! Never!

Original review: April 21, 2018

I picked out a specific flower arrangement for delivery to someone in the hospital. I saw a picture of the arrangement and it was nothing like the one I ordered. This arrangement had several lilies in it and I do not like that flower and neither does the recipient. When I contacted AVAS on a Tuesday they said they would get back to me about a resolution, though I requested a refund. This is now Saturday and even though I received an email saying they were contacting the vendor and would get back to me very quickly I have heard nothing.

Original review: April 20, 2018

A cross and heart pillows were ordered for my great niece’s funeral and they were never delivered. I called the next morning and many times since the incident and I’ve gotten a complete runaround. The funeral director said the flower pillows never arrived and that this has happened before because of confusion with two funeral homes in close proximity to one another. The funeral director even told me that if Avas said the flowers were left in the flower room, that meant they were delivered to the wrong funeral.

Sure enough that is exactly what Avas said. Avas would not refund my money, offered no sort of replacement because they said the flowers were delivered. Every time I asked Avas to get the local delivery person on a 3 way call, they refused. Avas is a complete ripoff. Do not buy from them. Any florist that won’t make things right in regards to any funeral let alone a 19 months old funeral, deserves to be put out of business. THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I’VE EVER ENCOUNTERED. AVAS STOLE MY $148.50.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: April 19, 2018

Birthday delivery - It was terrible!!! Was quoted a price then they charged me 40.00 more on my credit card. They wouldn’t make it right even after they listened to the conversation and heard the guy say 65.00 out the door. I use them often but NEVER EVER again. If you hear the conversation you should honor what your people promise!!! Did not send me a receipt either!!! I ordered a basket of candy and one Mylar balloon and 4 latex balloons and the balloons were definitely wrong. My 2 year old loves playing with the balloons and 2 just don’t cut it.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I ordered an arrangement for my daughter in law because she received bad news from the doctor. I ordered the deluxe and the picture looked great. I paid 73.00 for the arrangement. It was not worth 7.00. I could have picked one up at the gas station that would have looked better. I emailed them the same day with no response and then again a few days later and also chatted with someone on the website. The number to call hangs up on you. I finally got in touch with them 3 weeks later and they said they would refund me 10% making the flowers still nearly 70.00. I will never use them again and would not recommend anyone using them.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Very unhappy with your service overall. Called 3 times to get an update on delivery and every person I spoke with in regards to this could only tell me that they couldn't communicate with the driver and that they would call me as soon as the driver called them back. First call was at 12 pm, called back at 2 pm and said they would call me in 30 mins, 2:45 pm and I had to call to see what was the holdup, spoke to the manager and he was useless, no help at all. Told me the exact same thing as everyone else, after speaking to him on the phone for over 20 mins he was finally able to communicate with the driver and said the driver was barely on his way and would take 30 mins, the person who was supposed to receive the arrangement had already left so that beats it.

So unhappy, lack of communication with drivers and employees, and manager said, "We cannot guarantee delivery." So why even ask a time that you want your arrangement delivered if they're not going to follow simple instructions. Incompetent staff including manager and will never use or recommend this service to anyone. Very very upset and unhappy that the person so dear to me couldn't receive their arrangement due to lack of communication and incompetent staff members.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I called early in the morning and asked if they could deliver an arrangement of flowers this same day and they said they will have it delivered by 1pm today. I even let them make the suggestion of arrangement so things would go smoother because it was imperative that it be delivered today. I called at 1pm to check and make sure everything went ok. Without even a phone call, they changed my order completely to something that was horrid and something that the receiver would absolutely hate and now said that they would not be delivered today, "things happen" but will be delivered tomorrow. I asked for a refund and after a long back and forth the agent put me on hold for 30 minutes until I finally gave up and tried to call back, then no answer. This business is not a Florist but a Go-Between. DO NOT USE THEM!

Original review: April 17, 2018

I ordered a funeral spray for my sister-in-law's mom's funeral in New Jersey. My wife and I live in Texas and did not attend the services. The arrangement was ordered on April 12th, and I requested that the flowers be delivered Sunday afternoon, April 15th. The visitation and services were held Monday morning, April 16th. I got on Avas Flowers website the morning of April 16th to confirm the delivery. I could not get a confirmation, just that the delivery confirmation was pending... That was the first red flag. I then called and finally, after holding for seven minutes, talked with Rayna, who said she had texted the designer and had not received a response, but that as soon as she did, she would contact me. I still have not heard back from anyone at Avas Flowers 24 hours later. Avas Flowers website leads one to believe that they're a local, family owned florist. This is not the case at all!

Original review: April 16, 2018

I ordered a very expensive bouquet of flowers for a team member as she very unexpectantly lost her brother. When ordering the flowers I said they needed to be delivered to the church in the morning in time for the 1:00 pm funeral. If I thought they could not handle it I would have used another flower shop. The flowers did not arrive at the church till nearly 7:00 that evening and, after numerous phone call to Avas to try to find out who signed for the flowers at the church that night, they never returned my phone calls. They said they would call me back with information but of course never did. I never did find out what happened to my flowers (well over $100.00 in cost). If this company can’t deliver when requested they should not give you the option of putting in a time of day... And the fact that they have a 24 hour window to deliver should be stated right upfront...not in some fine print after you order. Very dissatisfied and I’m out over a hundred dollars.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Boiler room approach with a $24 hidden fee nowhere to be seen on the website. You'll most likely accept at the final click of your purchase without noticing. You'll eventually find on your bank or credit card statement. Good luck calling, everyone you speak to has such a thick accent you can hardly understand. After explaining the BS, they simply say "sorry". The site "discount" codes work, however, you'll pay it all back with the hidden fees. I followed up with the local florist who fulfilled my order and they too are aware of the poor tactics they use. They also try and stiff the local florist by withholding delivery. Ultimately the local seller has to reject the sale until Avas sends the delivery charge. Overall, bad business, avoid if possible.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I ordered flowers that amounted to approximately $50 and they added a further about $25 for delivery and handling, this is fair... Their site and on these arrangements clearly said SAME DAY DELIVERY. It calculated the total and I made the payment. Later I got an email saying they tried contacting me, strange, I didn't have a missed call, anyway I called them back, and eventually spoke to a live person who put me through to another person, this individual told me because the florist is a distance away I need to pay a further $10 for the same day delivery. I was not happy as their site should have been correct or they should carry the cost of the $10.

I reluctantly paid the $10 and asked the owner to call me which didn't happen. Later I noticed it was not delivered and had a note, to be delivered the next day. TOO LATE as I told the lady, and which is why I reluctantly paid the additional $10. I then told them to refund me immediately or I'd dispute the charge on my credit card, they did call later and claimed to refund, although looking at my bank it now looks like a zero refund was posted. TO BE HONEST, find a better place to deal with and deliver your flowers at the agreed price... (I don't normally rate anyone poorly, but this was seriously not good service.)

Original review: April 12, 2018

My son sent us flowers thru Avas Flowers and they came wilted. There was no card (which he paid extra for) and no company name on anything. I had to call my son to find out where they came from. I called them and emailed them photos of the dead wilted flowers. They did nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB and they said my son was refunded. He wasn't. Then they said they didn't feel the flowers were that bad. NEVER use these people. The flowers are bad and their customer service is worse. They have a F rating at the BBB. Filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I placed a order (Peachy Keen Floral Arrangement) with Avas Flowers on 4/4/18 and they were delivered to my family member the very next day as they were supposed to be. When my family posted a picture of the floral arrangement on social media I noticed that the flowers were not the ones that I purchased. Avas have a policy where they are supposed to contact you if they do not have what you ordered which never happened. I called after their 24 hour time limit policy so they told me that the only thing they could do was give me 10% back off of my subtotal which was $5.19. My total purchase was almost $80. I was told that after they contacted their subcontractor they would give me a call back in 24 hrs which never happened and even after I gave them 48 hrs still no call... I had to reach out to them only to get a sorry apology and $5.19. This company is awful. I will never order from them again.

Original review: April 10, 2018 I ordered flowers from Avas Flowers for an aunt as an expression of my love for her. What was delivered was rusty & wilted flowers (see pics). When I expressed how embarrassed I was, the service department said they’d exchange the old for a new bouquet but never showed up using an excuse that no one was home or they couldn’t find the delivery address which was bull because this aunt was on the lookout for them. I sled for a refund which I’m still waiting for a response on.

You sold flowers once but I’ll never give you business again. Avas, you give all florists a bad name. Shame on you. I’ll stop at Costco and deliver myself from now on.

Original review: April 9, 2018

My husband ordered me a flower arrangement that cost him $130. It was to be delivered to my job at La Jolla on our special day, Valentine’s Day. Unfortunately, the flowers never arrived. He called AVAS Florist several times that afternoon when he found out I didn't get flowers. It was impossible to get a live person on the phone, they only answer when you are placing an order to take your money, but after you placed the order, they transferred you to a machine. My husband kept leaving messages but never got a call back. We disputed the charges with my husband's credit card BOA but they said AVAS Florist insisted the flowers were delivered and wouldn't reimburse us the money.

I work in a small office so there is no way the flowers were delivered and not given to me, plus my office is visible as soon as you walk in. I will say to all consumers out there, AVAS FLOWERS IS A DISHONEST BUSINESS and I wish my husband would to read their reviews before ordering from them. I GUESS THEY NEEDED THE MONEY MORE THAN WE DO. Poor customer service and dishonesty, not a good combination. We hope this doesn’t happen to anyone, they ruined our Valentine’s Day! For sure...

Original review: April 9, 2018

I ordered flowers 2 times and they were never delivered. The flower shop they used also lied and said they were but nobody was even there at the time of the supposed drop-offs. Xavier Flowers in Fall River Mass are a bunch of scammers themselves. They actually lied to the credit card company too. The business should be closed down for good. I am contacting a lawyer to resolve this disgusting way of running a business. I can only hope more people see they are bad for businesses everywhere.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I purchased flowers on a Thursday to be delivered next day, Friday and paid for priority delivery before 1:00pm. Avas Flowers never delivered flowers, because local contracted floral site via Avas Flowers did not have the arrangement listed on Avas Flowers' website. I agreed to have the flowers delivered the next day, Saturday prior to 3:00, flowers not delivered again, call Avas and got the runaround. PLEASE DO NOT BUY ANY FLOWERS FROM THIS ESTABLISHMENT!!

When flowers finally arrived on Saturday after 5:00 pm, it looked nothing like what was posted on site, I paid for the luxury grade, two balloons and a card. The floral arrangement was small, didn't look luxurious at all, only 1 balloon came with order, I ordered two and no large size greeting card as indicated on the site. When I called to cancel the order prior to the delivery, they informed me that they could not do this and basically didn't offer any kind of refund. I will be reporting this place to the Better Business Bureau in New Jersey where the main office is located. Avas Florist is a ripoff.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered a specific flower arrangement for my daughter after her surgery. I went to visit her and couldn't find my arrangement, it wasn't there because they sent something completely different and did not have the flowers I ordered for her. It was disappointing because we live in Florida and they are Florida plants. When I contacted the company they apologized and gave me a credit and it stated I could use this $20 credit anywhere in the US, and they would never expire. I received emails that I still had this credit on my account every month. I get an email last month that I have 0 reward points (this was a credit, not reward points) and there is no credit amount on my account. I called them about this and now they tell me I can have my credit if I purchase a high-end arrangement right now. I don't want one right now, and not necessarily a high-end arrangement.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I was just sending flowers to a person who had lost their son. I saw some beautiful spring flower and noticed several things - NO DELIVERY FEE blinking in the background - Another area on top said - put in this code — ** — for 42% off. I thought, well, that’s nice - kind of different and unbelievable but I can send a bigger, nicer bouquet with those 2 discounts. So, I merrily went through the process and found the most gorgeous flowers - filled out all the info, the recipient, my info and the handwritten card, then all my credit card info. I put in the code... And it comes up with an amount almost as much as the flowers says ‘delivery and other services’ - it basically doubled the amount of the flowers.

But, I was tired and didn’t want to go back through it all again so went to push COMPLETE ORDER but then another little box popped up before you could complete your order which was I agree with terms of service. Once you check THAT box then you can COMPLETE ORDER... Drum roll... Guess what??? Another big box opens and says that you can’t send those flowers to that area. (Going to Boston - not a small place to find!) It say to push another box to find different flowers!!! I push that box - nothing happens - no flowers - nothing. I go back to the beginning and look for a phone number - nothing anywhere - just gorgeous pictures of fake flowers.

I find a box that says MODIFY your order, and I think, Thank God, I can go to a place and cancel the whole thing. I push MODIFY YOUR ORDER... And the next big box that pops up is YOU CANT CAN’T CANCEL YOUR ORDER!!! Seriously!!! This is insane. I thought I was in a bad B horror movie! I finally found a phone number on a different web page that says they are open 24/7. I called it. Guess what? They’re closed. I can’t believe this is a real site. It showed up in my news feed and I thought their flowers were beautiful. But - it’s all fake. Please don’t waste your money or time. Nothing - NOTHING is honest on their website. I’ve reported them to the Better Business Bureau and there are a great number of similar complaints there about this outfit. Have a good day - all of you reading this - but not a good day to slimeballs like Avas Flowers who deliberately deceive people.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I tried to use the Avas website to order some flowers. After picking a bouquet, I'd hit "continue" only to get "Page not found". The "Contact" button it did not work. After trying to order two different bouquets, and getting the same message, I used the telephone. An e-mail, sent by Brian **, asked about my dissatisfaction. My details were specific. Some time later, I tried the website again only to get the same "Page not found" message and a contact button that did not work. This time I called and got a supervisor who promised that he would contact the IT Department. Today, I tried a third time and got as far as the checkout message before getting the "Page not found" message and a contact button that did not work. Avas Flowers are beautiful and their prices are approximately in line. Their IT Department sloppiness negates the good work of all the other departments. They will no longer worry about getting my business.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Thinking I was buying local, somehow I was directed to Avas. The website listing said delivery was free. I chose a $52.99 arrangement. Then I get the breakdown of what my card was charged. $52.99 of the flowers, $2.99 FOR THE CARD with a short message and who they were from, $9.99 delivery charge DESPITE THE FREE DELIVERY post and $15.95 SERVICE & HANDLING FEE - WHAT? Total: $81.92. By clicking "cancellation" less than 5 minutes after ordering, the site indicated the order could not be cancelled online. So I called the customer service number. Nope - no cancellation for my next day delivery order. The guy on the phone agreed to credit the card and delivery charges. Then I saw the flowers I sent to my sister. Grocery store bouquet. I was completely embarrassed. Plus - my sister tipped the delivery guy $5! If this is truly a family owned business, you all should be ashamed of yourselves. NEVER ORDER FROM AVAS!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I placed an order early morning for same day delivery. At 4:30 pm I selected the link in my email to check status of the delivery. I received "Your order is scheduled for delivery today". I opted out to speak to someone. I was placed on hold for about 10 minutes. The girls returned and answered the phone as if I had just called. When I said, "You have had me on hold checking status of my order." She said, "Oh yes Sandra. Hold just a moment." She returned and said my order was out for delivery and as soon as she had an update she would call me back. About 5 minutes later I received a text "URGENT - Please contact AVAS FLOWERS regarding your order". I called and was told that the flower truck didn't deliver enough flowers to the shop therefore they were unable to make my arrangement. They said, "We can get it out tomorrow". I said no, they will not be home tomorrow. Today was the day I needed them.

She said, "Well tell us the next time they will be home and we can get it out then." I said, "You can't guarantee that so I just want a refund." She argued with me for a bit and said "we are going out of our way to satisfy you". That just infuriated me. She finally agreed to give me a refund. The next morning I called to make sure that was processed. This person tried to "make a deal with me". He said, "We can give you a credit for the full amount plus an additional $20. We can call the person who was receiving the flowers and ask them when they will be home next to make a delivery." I said, "NO you will NOT call them. It was a surprise! I just want my money back." He again tried to make deals with me and I refused.

He said, "We because YOU are cancelling we cannot refund the $24.95 handling and processing fee." I said, "Yes you will. You didn't handle any flowers! I was told my arrangement was never even made." He placed me on hold and returned and claimed I would receive a full refund in 10 business days. It's funny, they took my money same day! We will see if I actually receive a full refund. I will NEVER use Avas Flowers again.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Ordered flowers to be delivered at our local funeral home for a close family member. This was not a cheap order and website guaranteed delivery would be made. Two hours before the viewing I was left a message on my cell phone that they could not make delivery until sometime the next day. TOTALLY unacceptable as the funeral was early the next morning. I will NEVER use this company again. Once you put your credit card number in they charge your account and they have got you. When calling the number they left for call back you are connected with someone who barely speaks English and could care less about how sensitive an issue this was for our family. A good lesson learned, stay local or call a local place in the area you want flowers delivered to. Avas Flowers are heartless and the guarantee for same day service is **!

Original review: April 3, 2018

The flowers advertised and ordered for my friends birthday were completely different from the flowers she received. They were also of poor quality and even the vase was wrong. When I saw the pic of what she had gotten I got in touch with Avas and asked them to either send out the correct flowers or issue me a refund, they did neither and only offered a 10% discount on my next delivery. Like that is going to happen. I have attached pics of the lousy flowers she received and the beautiful ones I had chosen and paid $70 for.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered a tulip floral arrangement a month before visiting my mother in law in Phoenix over Easter. It was to be delivered Friday 3/30. As a meeting planner, I have used them in the past to order flowers for my clients. As this was a personal purchase and I was visiting at the time, I was able to see the delivered purchase. The flowers were small, wilted and the lowest of quality in their presentation. Highly embarrassed. Other family members who were also visiting commented on their poor quality. Again embarrassed as it was my purchase. In contacting Avas the best they would do is give me a $10 credit for future use. Why would I trust them with another purchase after seeing what they sent. They were very unhelpful in resolving the problem and definitely lost a valuable client.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I order flowers for same-day delivery, using Avas Flowers. However, two days later, I'm still waiting for them to be delivered. When I called the company to complain, they said that there was text on my invoice saying that it was out for "flex delivery," meaning it would be delivered up to 2 days late. However, this text was not clear and was very easy to miss. In all other parts of my invoice (and on their website), my order said same-day delivery. I will not be using them again. Moreover, the service charge was almost as expensive as the bouquet itself! Not worth the money at all.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I was promised, after emphasizing that I was looking for same day delivery of flowers and candy, that this delivery would be made that day (the day before Easter). With that assurance, I went to work and wasn't available by email or cell for several hours. Later, I saw several messages from Avas. I gave a call and was told that nothing was delivered that day. The flowers would be delivered on Tuesday (2 days after Easter) and the candy basket would be delivered at a later date. I was livid. If I'd known they could not fulfill my order I would have placed my order with another florist. By the time I found out, it was too late to send anything.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Avas Flowers is the most irresponsible florist there is. My husband died in November 2017. I order more than $300.00. And THEY DID NOT DELIVERED ANYTHING BUT THEY SURE CHARGED FOR THEM? IT WAS AN ORDEAL TO GET MY MONEY BACK!!! THEY EVEN OFFER TO GET THE FLOWERS DELIVERED to the cemetery a month later. I would never order flowers from them again. I will make sure that I tell everybody that I know in Lebanon and Indianapolis. Not to mention how embarrassing it was.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs