1.02/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

687 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

First let me say I really wish I could give this company a -0. I ordered the Floral Harmony deluxe arrangement for my aunt having surgery in another state. When my uncle sent a picture of the flowers delivered I was shocked and so embarrassed to see this arrangement because in no shape, form or fashion did this arrangement come close to looking like what Avas Flowers showed in their picture. Now I understand that the arrangement sent will not be exact but seriously the arrangement sent looked horrible.

I have called customer service at Avas and they tried to justify what was sent and said they might be able to give a 10% refund. I told Avas not to insult me and ask to speak with a supervisor to resolve issue. I am still waiting on someone from Avas to call me back. Avas apparently does not care about their brand image nor customer satisfaction. I feel all they care about is hooking someone else for delivery of sub-standard arrangements and taking your money. Horrible company. Do yourself a favor and stay FAR AWAY from this company and their shady practices.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Avas Flowers - Worst experience! Didn't listen to needs - didn't feel good about it so called back immediately to cancel. Rude, kept bargaining instead of give refund - no one w/ plain English. Very shady!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Did not deliver when promised. When I called customer service the lady was nice but only offered a personal phone call to wish my wife happy birthday, which I refused as my wife doesn’t know them and that’s just weird!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Avas florist is a joke. They claim to be local and they’re not. They will take your order and promise same day, only to call you and tell you your order can't be fulfilled that day. They will then send an arrangement that is NOTHING like the one you selected, that’s even if you get flowers at all. I could have hand picked flowers and arranged them myself for a fraction of the cost! My bad for not researching the company before making my purchase. Attached is what I ordered vs what my friend received. Good thing she loved them still! I also cancelled my debit card because I have no idea what their true intentions are, just to be on the safe side. DO NOT BUY from Avas Flowers!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

If I could give 0 stars I would. Not only did they take my money, but they did not deliver the flowers to my mother who just had surgery, and would not provide any answers or proof that they were delivered. They don't return calls or provide any follow up. They refuse to refund my money. I had to dispute charges with my credit card company, and my mom ended up with no flowers during her recovery time. Thanks for nothing Avas Flowers. I will never use this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

My Husband ordered flowers for me on a Thursday. I got home and he ask me where my surprise was. I looked at him like he was crazy. First the flowers was never delivered. I called on Friday to get a refund. After 30 min of arguing with them about my refund they finally told me that our 70.00 would be credited back. I returned to work on Monday and the UPS drivers brings me 12 dead roses and my card was all spelled wrong. WORST PLACE EVER. WALMART HAS BETTER FLOWERS...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I placed an order online. They were offering free delivery and so much off with online coupons and you think you're getting a good deal and then all the sudden when you hit submit they have a $15 service charge that doesn't show up until the very last second. Didn't notice it until after the order was submitted because I had neglected to look over. Second problem is the flowers are supposed to be delivered that day cuz I had put the order in early that morning. Guess what. They were not delivered and still not delivered by noon the next day. Call to cancel my order. They told me I had to wait to the end of the second business day to cancel it. Poor service. Would not ever recommend. Watch out for the hidden fees.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

To start out, I ordered flowers from a website that looked like a smaller locally owned flower shop. I was ordering a sympathy bouquet to be sent to a funeral. The website touted next day delivery, a discount code for I believe was 40% off, I can't remember for sure. It also touted free local delivery. I ordered flowers on Friday afternoon to be delivered to the funeral home on Monday morning.

The first red flag should have been the order confirmation page said one amount and when I approved it they tacked on a $15.99 "handling fee" which had not been disclosed previously. I wish I had a screenshot. I let it go because it was still less money than what the florist in an adjacent town was going to charge. I received an email with links to check the status of my order, everything seemed ok.

Monday, 5hrs 15minutes after the funeral services began I received a text message that said there was a problem with the delivery. I called the toll free number and it was then I realized this was NOT a local florist. I was told there was an issue with the floral designer and the arrangement did not make it to the funeral. They offered to make it right and deliver the bouquet to a family member the next day. So I gave them the information.

Tuesday they contacted the recipient and left a voicemail, she returned their call within 10-15 minutes. They did not return her call. Tuesday afternoon I received a second text with a message that there was a problem with the delivery. I called back and told them they missed the funeral and since they missed the opportunity to make it right I wanted my money back. The CSR tried to talk me into leaving my order with them and they would "give you a nice fruit basket instead."

I asked for my money back again and told them if they failed to do so I would call the credit card co and have the charge overturned. They put me on hold and after ten minutes I got an email confirmation of a refund to my charge card. (Which has yet to appear on my statement.) The flowers delivered yesterday anyways, ironically about 30 minutes after I demanded a refund. The flowers were not what I ordered, not even close. I'm giving them another business day for the credit to post or I'm calling the credit card company. I would avoid using this company at all cost.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Have your representative listen to what the customer is requesting rather than cutting the customer off repeatedly by saying, "I'm sure we can create something you will love." Because what I got was something that I did not love and didn't even use for my wedding. After paying over $70 for a bouquet and was small, skimpy, and looked more appropriate for a 5 yr old junior bride, I ran out to Publix and a random young man who worked there, who kept remarking that he wasn't a certified florist but he would be happy to help me, helped me create a larger, fuller, much more beautiful bouquet for $12.

I only wish I could upload the pics of both bouquets so everyone can see. I won't be using or recommending Ava's Flowers to anyone. The first picture (all hot pink with an array of flowers) is what I wanted and what I described to the representative as I was being cut off. The 2nd pic, tiny bouquet with 6 roses is what Ava's delivered. The 3rd pic is what the young man at Publix made for $12.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I ordered a floral arrangement depicted on Avas' website - the order person (not located anywhere near the city and state I was having it delivered to) upsold me on a larger arrangement. What was delivered is an arrangement smaller than the original depicted on the website (let alone the larger one sold to me for $20 more) plus, I ordered the arrangement without balloons (that was emphasized) because my 98 year old mother in law is allergic to materials in balloons. It was delivered with balloons. I also modified my order without pink carnations to be replaced with white carnations. You guessed it - the order was delivered with pink carnations. The order rep confirmed each of these requests. Avas misrepresented the arrangement what was sold to me vs what was depicted (I have photographs of what was delivered) and they ignored my two additional requests.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Quantity of flowers was small. Handling charge slipped in. Not a great value for total cost. And it was not obvious that this was a national website and not a local business. I should have done more careful looking.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

We ordered flowers to be delivered on our friend's birthday, and when we placed the order we were promised it would be delivered that same day. We called the next day as I was unable to check the status of the order online, and was told the flowers had not been delivered as promised, but they would certainly be delivered that day with an "even more beautiful arrangement". Needless to say, we were upset that the flowers had not been delivered as they were to be a fun surprise for our friend's birthday.

We asked to speak to a manager to explain why the order was not delivered as promised. The agent was very difficult to understand and after many requests to speak to his manager, he finally told us the manager would call us back within 3 minutes. He also told us that he was going to give us a reduction in the price of our order due to their mistake. We asked that they include an apology note with the flowers saying that the delay was their fault. He told us all of this would be done and confirmed in an email he would immediately send us.

Needless to say, we never got either a phone call or an email! I called again today, just to be sure the flowers had indeed been delivered, and guess what? Still no delivery! I will NEVER order anything from this company, and if I could I would take out a full-page ad in USA Today, advising anyone thinking of choosing this company to look elsewhere. This place is nothing but a scam, and from what I have seen from the other reviews, I am glad we were able to cancel the whole order. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My sister is in the hospital in Panama City, Fl. I was happy to see this florist and that they had same day delivery. Well, second day and she still hasn't received them. Not good in my book. I emailed and I haven't heard anything. I have called and reached a foreign speaking phone operator. She left me on hold for several minutes. Very dissatisfied customer!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

One star is pushing it, but apparently you can't give no stars. I ordered flowers for my daughter and son-in-law’s anniversary. I thought I was ordering locally. Now, I'm not sure if I even ordered in the U.S. I was told the flowers would be delivered that day. At around 5:30, I received an email that they couldn't be delivered until the next day. Which, totally bummed me out because I would have ordered something else from somewhere else had I known that they couldn't be delivered when they said they could. Anyway I received a notice that they were delivered. However, they have not been delivered. I called to cancel and the gentleman on the phone was not surprised that I was dissatisfied and said "she didn't receive the flowers at all, not even petals." I swear you can't make this up. He put me on hold for about 3 minutes then came back on the line and gave me a reference number for my credit (which, by the way is my order confirmation # plus today's date).

Then I received another call that the flowers were out for delivery. I told the gal that I had cancelled my order. However, she had no record of that and put me on hold. So, a few things that I've gathered along the way. When they ask you for comments that ask that you provide them with your email address and order number. Don't do it. I believe they use this info as proof of satisfied customers. Also, they registered me for an account, which I didn't register for. I also checked the remove me from your listing box. They sent me a link and when I clicked on the link, received the page could not be found message. I got tired of being hung up on so I called AMEX to dispute the charge and told them that I didn't think that this was a reputable company. Hopefully, someone can shut these crackpots down.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

This is the first time I have written a negative review, and I regret having to do so. Including discounts, I spent $160 on my first order (it was beautiful, but looked like a $75 arrangement) and $100 on the second order (giving Avas a second chance). The second order was even more disappointing. It was for a funeral and I picked a specific, very cheery bouquet with white daisies and yellow lilies.

Because of my first disappointing experience, Avas was going to upgrade my order. The bouquet that was delivered was a sad peach color, and again looked like it cost about $75. I let the florist know that I was disappointed and wanted to return the bouquet, but the only option they gave me was to pick up the bouquet at the funeral home during the viewing.

I didn't want to upset the family, so I told them not to pick up the bouquet. Avas then offered a credit on my next purchase. Needless to say, I will not be spending any more money at Avas. Also, I have attempted to unsubscribe from Avas's email list a number of times, but continue to receive unwanted emails. I have reported the site to spam@uce.gov.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I placed an order with this company. After reading their reviews, I realized that I didn't want to follow through with this company so I called to cancel the order. As a matter of fact, I called twice to cancel the order to make sure the transaction took place. They assured me that order was canceled and that they would credit back my credit card. The next day, there is an email from them stating that the flowers had been delivered that afternoon. I was livid!!! I had called them twice to cancel the order. I called to speak with a representative, he was foreign. I could barely understand him. He put me on hold and never came back to the phone after 10 minutes of holding.

I called Avas Flowers again and requested to speak to the manager. He assured me that he would listen to the phone calls that were made and he would get back with me to settle this dispute. He finally called back when I was on an important phone call with my dental office. I called to return his call on the number provided and never was connected to the manager again. I receive a lady who could not speak good English. She was very difficult to understand. She said they would credit my credit card and send me an email of credit confirmation. I held at least 15 minutes waiting for her to send me this email. I still have NOT received the email. This company is a RIP-OFF! Buyer beware! I will NEVER place another order with Avas Flowers again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

The quote "you pay for what you get" does not apply when ordering from Avas flowers. I spent $120 for a cheap, unappealing and pathetic flower arrangement. I ordered the premium flower arrangement, balloons, card and ribbon with my message choice. The vase was way oversized due to the fact it was supposed to be "premium" and since the flower arrangement wasn't premium it looked empty. What I received was absolutely nothing like they were advertising on their website. I'm beyond irritated and disappointed with this so-called business.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

10/17/17 COMPLAINT: AVAS FLOWERS. COMPLAINT SUMMARY: The flower arrangement delivered to the recipient is neither similar to nor of an equivalent value to the product ordered and paid for online. (See photos) ATTEMPTS TO REMEDY: Customer made multiple attempts to remedy situation including (1) responding to the AVAS customer satisfaction survey, (2) sending an email (see below), (3) sending photos, and (4) returning a customer service telephone call.

Avas initially reached out via email and voice mail to remedy the situation but it quickly became apparent the goal was to upsell products not resolve the problem. Avas first offered a solution (via email) of $10 off the next order. That was refused for obvious reasons – it’s inadequate and requires an additional purchase. Customer next spoke to a customer service representative on 10/17/17 who heard the complaint, made an offer of $10 off the next order plus a 10% discount. The customer said that a product was purchased online in good faith, therefore the only remedy was to deliver the product or to refund the money.

The Avas representative stated the photo shown is the Premium arrangement. The customer pointed out the website states clearly that the arrangement shown is the Deluxe arrangement (see website snip - Photo 4). The Avas representative promised to call within a day or two with a solution. During this 19-minute phone call, the customer was put on hold four times for a total of 12 minutes. No customer service representative called back as promised.

RESOLUTION: The customer is owed a complete refund (with no further purchase required). Photo 1: The Applewood Deluxe by Avas Flowers as ordered. Website (see snip below) states “Deluxe arrangement depicted in photo above”. Photo 2: The Applewood Deluxe by Avas Flowers as delivered. Order **. Photo 3: Snip from website. Note, in lower right corner: “Deluxe Arrangement depicted in photo above.”

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

It is now 2:27 pm. I paid extra money for same day expedited delivery to be delivered by 1:00 pm same day. So we are looking at a hour and a half late on delivery and I have called them and been told at first the flowers were delivered before 1 and my girlfriend was a liar and she really got her flowers which yes she now knows she is getting because they had told me she received them so I had to spoil the surprise to her. She called them back to rip them a new one for calling her a liar at which time they "called the florist" who said the flowers would arrive in 15 minutes and they were sorry for the mix up and my girlfriend called me back to tell me what they had said.

So I called them back to fuss at them and asked for a new ETA in which I was told they would be delivered in 2 hours. What the hell are these people doing. I'm starting to think there are no flowers that they just took my money and hope I can't get it back. Well guess what my banker is also my friend. I'm getting it back. All they said they could refund was the $9.99 for the expedited delivery that I'm just out of the rest even if flowers don't show. What started out as a romantic gesture to my girlfriend this morning has now turned into this a spoiled surprise that she may not even get. I guess I know next time to order direct from the florist and skip this middleman **. I have never been so pissed. They seemed so professional until I read the reviews. Here is to another 1 star review to add to their collection.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I ordered an arrangement to be delivered 10/6/17 for a business grand opening. It was not delivered until late 10/7/17 -- after the grand opening was over. I called/emailed repeatedly over the weekend. I was assured I would be notified as soon as it was delivered. There was absolutely no notification from Avas Flowers. I was notified from the business owners. The representatives kept saying, they could not get in touch with the flower shop. All the online advertising states they are local. I demanded to know what flower shop was to deliver the flowers, and to give me the phone number. They stated they could not do that. This is when I figured out I was doomed into thinking they were local! They state they have a 5 rating with 4 different rating sites. Go look at the reviews! Most are horrible experiences.

The advertising states it is a local company. This is not true, after researching... Avas is located in NJ, I ordered these for AZ. After writing a complaint of trustpilot.com, Avas Flowers came back stating lies of the delivery date, as well as the compensation they would give. I was told a 10% refund ($5.79), which is a pitiful amount, then on Monday, on the phone, I was told I would be refunded the handling fee. The only credit back on my card is the $5.79. Pretty sad when you lie to cover your inability to do a simple job. How do you even keep customers? No customer in their right mind would want a credit for future orders. Stay away from this company. They have zero integrity.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I ordered flowers for my wife's birthday 24 hrs in advance. For a specific time of 10 am -11 am I told them that she would not be there at 12 pm. The man I was talking to said it would not be a problem. I called them at 12 pm the day of and they said that they were on their way. My wife had already left work. I will not use them again or their $10 credit they gave me. I prefer a business more reliable who can deliver what they promise.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I ordered two flower arrangements for the funeral of a loved one. The picture of one arrangement on the website was nothing like what I ordered. My first clue should have been when they said the pic on the website and price was different. They said the price went for the smallest arrangement but the medium arrangement was pictured. I ordered a premium arrangement even higher than was pictured. They charged me 10.00 for the bow and 3.99 for the card.

Even after spelling the names on the card 3 times, they still got names wrong on the card. It says free delivery, but was charged 15.99 for "handling flowers". Here are pictures of what I ordered and what was received. The peace Lily plant has no peace lilies! Extremely disappointed. Looks like everyone who orders from them are. So wish I would have read these reviews BEFORE I ordered. The receipt doesn't break down prices, but I asked for a breakdown at the time of purchase. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

The flowers that came were not at all what was pictured. Looked like a toddler put it together with only 2 roses (see pictures). $71 for something I could have picked up at a gas station. They give you a coupon code+free shipping then charge you $16 for other "services".

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am not at all happy with the service I have received. I ordered flowers and balloons online to be delivered to, my daughter, a student at Brown University. I gave clear simple instructions on how to deliver the items. I provided the name and phone number of the recipient, and further, I have had flowers delivered to her on several prior occasions with the same instructions, and it worked out perfectly. This should have been easy. Instead I get a message on the morning of my daughter's birthday saying the flowers were delivered, when the instructions clearly stated that the recipient would not be available to receive the delivery until afternoon. I called customer service to ask where the flowers had been delivered, waited a LONG time on hold and was finally told that the flowers and balloons had been left in the mail room. I called my daughter and told her to go pick up her delivery at the mail room.

She walked over to the only mail office on the Brown University Campus, and there was no delivery waiting for her. At that point neither I nor my daughter had any more time to deal with the situation. Her birthday came and went. No delivery. The next day I called customer service to ask for my money back and spent many minutes on hold, while the service representative tried to contact the flower designer, which she failed to do. She said she would call me back and never did. On the day after a birthday delivery, when the delivery failed to happen, they needed to just refund my money. At that point it is irrelevant WHAT happened. From the customer point of view, I ordered flowers, paid for the order and NEVER got my flowers. This is simple. They owe me the money back.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I ordered flowers for my wife Thursday night around 1 am. The website said it would be delivered Friday between 10 am-1 pm. So I said, "Great that will work." I checked the track my order link on Friday, the first time I checked it the message said out for delivery. After four hours had passed I checked it again. This time it said the driver had to reschedule it. I did not receive a call or an email stating this. So Saturday I checked the delivery link and it said it was delivered. So I called to ask why it was showing delivered when nothing arrived? I was put on hold for about 10 minutes and was told it would be delivered at 1 pm Saturday. So I called my wife around 2:30 pm and nothing had been delivered.

I called again and asked the same question now super irritated on the level being pissed off and ready to lose my mind on customer service. After being on hold for 20 minutes I was told I would receive a call once their local vendor called them back. I told the representative that if I did not either receive the delivery by 6 pm or a refund I would be calling their corporate office. They never returned my phone call. The flowers were finally delivered at 5:30 pm... I also paid for a red vase and it came in a clear vase... I would not recommend this company to anyone ever. Needless to say their service is subpar and they are overpriced especially with the lack of customer service...

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Do not use this company! I ordered flowers from them for my husband's aunt in CT. Arrangement was NOTHING like the picture that I ordered. When I sent them pictures of what I ordered and what was delivered, their only response was "sorry you were dissatisfied, we'll give you a 10% rebate that amounted to $3.99."

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered flowers from Ava’s Flowers because another local florist who couldn’t deliver because of a parade in town recommended them. I thought they were local. I placed my order and repeated the address to the attendant at least 3 times because they weren’t paying attention and got it wrong several times. The flowers never arrived. I didn’t find out for a month. When I called them after getting charged $62+ dollars they tracked down my order and listened to a tape of my order. They sent the flowers to the wrong street address. It was the order taker's fault and they admitted as much. No refund! They offered to give me a discount on a new order. I was stunned and said no. Don’t use them. They are not responsible for their own mistakes. Horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Was told florist was in New Orleans. Paid a surcharge for flowers because I wanted specific colors with no carnations. A grocery store bouquet for $20 is nicer than the $65 bouquet delivered. Ugly!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Flowers were delivered TWO days late only after I called SIX times to inquire about delivery because their online tracking system did not work. I spent a couple of hours of my time trying to straighten this out. I have NEVER had such an unpleasant experience. I will NEVER do business this AVAS again!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

As soon as I found out that my best friend's sister died, I searched for a flower company that could deliver something to her the same day. Not only did the charges ring up $15 higher at the end but my friend never got her flowers. Here it is two full days later and I told them just to cancel the friggin order and refund my money. The Indian people at the call center were very nice, but seriously?? I wasn't even made aware of a problem until 28 hours after I had placed the order. They told me that what I had ordered wasn't in stock. The man on the phone assured me that they would upgrade my order and something beautiful would get delivered.

Well, next day a full two days after I placed the order I got another phone call telling me the phone number wasn't working for my friend and if I had an alternative location to deliver her order. I told her to refund my money. After waiting on phone for a good 15 minutes, money was refunded to my credit card. I will never use again and would encourage others to never use them! Florists should also run as fast as they can from offering AVAS's service.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs