1.03/5
Based on 441 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1009 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had the same horrible experience as others. Ordered flowers three days in advance for a visitation that I wasn't able to attend, at a funeral home in another state. Got 'urgent message' from Avas to call the day of the visitation; they couldn't be delivered. I asked that they be delivered to the church the following morning for the second visitation and service. I was assured they'd be there. Then came another 'urgent message' the next day that I was to call again--of course, after the service was over. Yep, they weren't able to get them there on time, but they would deliver them to an alternate home address, or send a fruit basket instead. I said no... I wanted a full refund. I was offered less than half what I paid. I said no, that when I hung up I was contacting my credit card company... and that's what got me a full refund.

Very frustrating to deal with customer service agents who were obviously in another country and difficult to communicate with... lots of background noise including music playing, people yelling back and forth, and someone singing. In the end, the situation was embarrassing when I had ordered the flowers on behalf of a number of family members, not to mention the fact that I wanted to pay respects to the family of the deceased individual. I did get an apology via email, and when I replied, I asked for the name of the local florist who was to deliver the flowers. (I suspected that an order had never been placed). In a reply, they refused to give me the name of the florist "for security reasons".

Original review: June 19, 2018

Horrible experience. Charged me $18 to NOT get my flowers delivered to the funeral! Supervisor in customer service promised me it would be done... not to worry... told her I had to take my husband to Houston Medical Center today. Got home with urgent message wanting an "alternate address" because florist couldn't deliver to funeral home in time! Who wants a large funeral spray brought to their home after a funeral? I don't even know an alternate address anyway. Never use this company!!! Most of their customer service people barely speak English.

You can't understand much of what they say. In addition, they claim they will send you an email of the invoice so any errors can be corrected, but I never received any invoice on either of the two sprays that ultimately were ordered! No invoice, but still charged a service fee of $18. No flowers for the funeral. No customer service. If you really want flowers and service, find a florist in that town and call them directly.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My friend ordered an edible arrangement on June 12th for my birthday (June 13th) and was told it would be delivered. On June 13th he received three calls from this company, the first to say they could not deliver to my work address because of the work atmosphere??? He said ok, then send some roses; the second call was to say they did not have any roses to send and they would be getting a shipment of fruit in on June 13th and could make the original requested arrangement but it could not be delivered until June 14th, he said ok; then finally the third call said they could not make the requested arrangement but would send a nice arrangement.

My friend was hot by this time. Well on June 14th I received a fruit and cheese box - when I say the box looked like a gift for your grandparents, it was not a gift you would give someone for their birthday... it was a couple of apples and oranges, crackers and spreadable cheese with a funky color ribbon. I was too hurt by the mess they sent. My friend called to complain and talked to three different people that could not speak or understand ENGLISH, after a couple of calls, he was refunded $19 back. This cost him $100, it looked like a $20 box.

I am asking everyone that reads this review not to order from this company, they are taking advantage of consumers in their time of need. They are all about the MONEY!!! The government should CLOSE them down and make them refund the our money. We should start a class action lawsuit against them. They are violating some laws I know. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, I WISH I COULD PLACE AN AD NEXT TO THEIR AD THAT READS... THROWING YOUR MONEY out of your window is so much better than using this company... Run fast!!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I cannot say enough about how horrible and unprofessional Avas Flowers is! I ordered a plant arrangement for Father's Day, received confirmation for delivery by 7pm, tracked it online as "scheduled for delivery, awaiting update from driver". It was not ever delivered, I called to resolve 4 times the following day, was told it was "on the truck for delivery", which also didn't happen, then was informed VIA EMAIL (after being told I would get a call back), it would be delivered the following day, with an upgraded arrangement which didn't solve anything because the gift was now 2 days late!

After calling back for the 4th time and canceling the order, repeating the problem to different reps over and over again, I was put on hold, then back to the main menu, and they STILL had the audacity to charge me a "service" fee!! For WHAT service?? No delivery, run around and lying about delivery status, frustration and hours wasted trying to fix this issue is the only service I received from Avas! Do NOT even consider using this company!

Original review: June 18, 2018

USE ANOTHER COMPANY. You will not be satisfied. I wanted to have next-day flowers delivered for my mom's 70th birthday. We spoke the day after and she mentioned the flowers never arrived. I was so upset I called Ava's flowers, spent almost 1 hr trying to get in touch with someone and finally was told the delivery attempt was at 7 am in the morning, no one had answered and they would then attempt delivery again on Monday, two days after the intended date. No note was left, no call was made to let me know this had occurred. My mom had no idea flowers were sent to her and the company had the nerve to tell me they were not delivering on Sunday even though it was Father's Day and they had Father's Day promotions all over their website. The manager I spoke with had no ability or authority to do anything about. I was heartbroken with this service. Will never use it again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: June 16, 2018

Frankly, I think this place is a scam. You place an order that they don't deliver and don't call to tell you there a problem. When you call, they say they'll deliver but they can't deliver the same bouquet. Why not? Uh, they just can't, but they'll give you a bigger bouquet of the same quality and a 10% discount. The next delivery is the same size and looks like a bouquet you'd pick up at the supermarket for $12. Do they refund the money? No. They're willing to cancel the order and come and pick up the bouquet. How nice, taking the bouquet from the person who received it. You get a $12 bouquet for $50. And the person on the phone was nasty. Stay away.

Original review: June 16, 2018

ZERO STARS! Wish I would have read the stars here first. TAKE HEED! Ordered flowers for my mother's 70th birthday - The flowers come the day later after her birthday??? Hey Happy Birthday - the day after? Here's your flowers & balloons for your birthday yesterday. NOT ACCEPTABLE! After calling their customer service department & 4 times being disconnected, this guy has the stones to tell me that the way they can make it right is to take 20% off the next order -despicable!

I refuse to spend money with these guys after this experience. There will be no next order with them. This is actually the second time they messed up my order. This time it was my ill mother's 70th birthday that they've screwed. Unacceptable - Full refunds are in order & I want my money back plus some. Their customer service is a zero star - service - zero star - product zero star - Everything about them - zero star. This should be illegal. Sad Sad Sad!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I ordered flowers with balloon bouquet for my mother in law. Charged $94 in total. The flowers delivered looked like $4 grocery bouquet and no balloons. I called 4-5 times and never got through to customer service. I sent no less than 10 emails and no response. I tried to leave an evaluation on their site but under to log in. Big scam company. I found all these true review sites after I ordered. The reviews on the site are not true.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I placed an order online with Avas Flowers. The confirmation e-mail I received described what flowers were to be in the bouquet. My cousin sent me a picture of the arrangement she received and it does not look like what I ordered, nor did the size align with the amount I paid for it. After I complained to customer service both telephonically and by e-mail, I learned that Avas had actually outsourced my order to another local florist. Avas Flowers offered a $6 credit but would not do anything beyond that. They would not re-send a bouquet with the correct flowers. Their customer service is absolutely horrible. Every time I called I was transferred to someone else; the same with e-mails. I dealt with 4-6 different people by phone and e-mail. It was a nightmare. I would not recommend this company whatsoever.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Looked at other BAD reviews. Mine was the same. Not just a messed up order but I believe fraud was involved. I ordered a vase, dozen roses, teddy bear and a balloon. All overcharged items but was for a special occasion. My 92 year old Mom was in the hospital with heart failure and this would be her last order of flowers so I wanted it to be nice. Purchased choices and when I went to check out the company added an $18 charge for handling which I didn't see listed anywhere, and I don't like these kind of surprises, and I don't believe it is ethical.

So I called the Co and they said they would waive the charge if I ordered through them on the phone. Which was a total lie as when I checked the order later they had deleted custom items I ordered to keep the price of $100, which as what I was quoted. Some mistakes made, not a big deal but altogether was a nightmare. I ordered a red vase which was shown, which was my Mom's favorite color, chose a white teddy bear and a get well balloon with a note. Received a clear cheap looking plastic vase, roses a little wilted, the teddy bear was brown and not the white as I ordered and there was NO balloon that I paid for. And lasted they addressed to card to Alan instead of Mary Ellen which was my Mom's name.

I was in the hospital with her for five days, so called Avas Flowers as soon as I got home. Before calling them I checked the order, which I should have done before. The balloon was not shown on the order. I'm assuming this was done to keep $8 for their profit. They charged for an extra ribbon I didn't order? and lastly the $18 charge which was supposed to be waived was added into the total. I WAS FURIOUS. You won't believe this but I was on the phone for only 5 minutes. They didn't want to talk to me, was rude, said it was past the time for a complaint and his supervisor would say the same, when I requested to talk to him.

With all the mistakes above, being an ethical person, I would have paid $50 which was the discounted price for the rose alone. I told them I was going to dispute the charge, they said they didn't care, so that's what I've done. Very unprofessional experience, poor quality product, poor customer service and fraudulent charges added to order. There are plenty of other flower companies to buy from online. Sad and disappointed. :(

Original review: June 11, 2018

I ordered the deluxe bouquet called 'Birthday Charm'. The delivery was NOT same day as advertised, and was finally delivered at 6:30 pm at the end of the next day. It appears that they did not have the correct flowers, and gave me an arrangement of only purple and yellow daisies with a weird peach colored old rosebud in the middle (roses are not even supposed to be in this bouquet!). They lied and said they were having trouble with their truck - but it was obvious they did not have the correct flowers on hand. Also, I requested a lavender ribbon, and was given a lime green one. The grand total was $78.00 and I could have purchased a better bouquet myself in my local grocery store and hand delivered them myself. I was so shocked to see this bouquet, and felt so ripped off! Never again!

Original review: June 10, 2018

To be honest this was the first time I have ever ordered flowers and have them delivered to someone. I have heard from a couple of my coworkers that doing this for someone was a good idea and they were happy with the service. I am not sure what company they used and I assumed all flower companies that offered this same day delivery were all good but I was wrong with you guys Avas Flowers. The day I ordered flowers from you guys was over the phone and I made sure I told the guy I spoke to various times that I wanted the flowers delivered to my daughter who had turned 16 to PLEASE have them there delivered before she got out at 4pm.

I know I placed the order in the morning to allow you guys to have time to deliver. I had to call you guys to check on the order almost at 3 pm to see what the status was and the guy said that they hadn’t delivered them yet. The whole idea was for my daughter to have her flowers and balloons with her all day. When I told this to the guy he simply replied they will be there before 4 pm and he asked me if I wanted him to call the flower shop and I told him to give me the number and I would call them myself and he said he couldn’t do that. I even offered to pick them up myself and deliver them so my daughter could have them before school ended and he kept repeating that she will get them before 4 pm. She received Old Flowers that seemed to be at the flower shop for days and balloons that were halfway inflated and one of them had a piece of tape to make it look that was fully inflated.

My experience with you guys was a little bit sour with your services. There’s a small flower shop close to my work that my boss recommended me to, and I love their service. I have bought flowers for my wife and they are always fresh and inexpensive like you guys and I REGRET not using them for this occasion. I really wanted to give you guys a chance because it was same day delivery and I didn’t have time to go to the other flower shop I always use because I couldn’t get out of work that day. The flower shop is called SERENDIPITY FLOWERS here in Santa Ana CA. I will make sure to always use them for my flower needs. You guys wanted my opinion and keep sending me surveys so there you have it.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I wanted to do a good deed and send my mom some flowers. I used the company and selected to have the arrangement delivered the same day. I received an email at 8:50am that my mom's flowers would be delivered at 4pm or before. This did not happen. When I contacted customer service and asked to be compensated for it not being the same day delivery, I was told "we dont guarantee same day".

The representatives were rude and I was told "I ain't got no supervisor" when I had to beg to speak to one to get my money back. I was refunded for the flowers but not for the service fee. The internal email response was garbage as well. I'm disgusted and I'd rather pick flowers and arrange them myself versus have that company do anything else for me. Garbage garbage garbage and now I'm having to fight for my 18 + service fee to be refunded...save yourself the trouble!!! Find another florist. They are not even accredited. I should have done my homework on them. Save yourselves.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I called specifically to make sure they would be able deliver on the same day. I was promised they would and they didn’t. The next day I spent most of my day arguing only to get hung up on multiple times with no resolution! Horrible experience. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all!!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

Bought a nice bouquet for my wife to our celebration of our second anniversary year. No flowers were delivered at all, I asked for refund and they offered me approx 1/3 back. What kind of company is this? This seems like calculated fraud to me.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I ordered flowers online for my wife who was in Seattle having medical treatments. I paid a total of $69+ dollars. The flowers arrived with a sympathy card - really. They were nothing like pictured. They were small and not properly arranged. My wife studied floral arranging in college. The arrangement was very small and crowded and not attractive at all. There were 3 roses, 4 carnations and 3 snapdragons. I paid $69 for this. When I reached out to customer services I was told to send a picture which I did. They said there was nothing wrong with the flowers. Well I have used Avas for years and will not be using them again. Horrible customer services, horrible product. A real ripoff. The entire arrangement is about 10.5" tall. My wife bought $12 worth of flowers and made three beautiful arrangements for herself for various rooms in the house. All were way more beautiful than the one I sent for $69+.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I too wish that I had checked this company out a little better. I ordered flowers on Friday around 11:30 for my parent's anniversary (a surprise), for delivery that day. Received a call within an hour from Avas Flowers saying that they could not deliver them that day, but could deliver them the next day with a free upgrade on the bouquet. I reluctantly agreed. Today is Monday and no flower were delivered. Called to check on the status and the recording said they were scheduled to be delivered tomorrow! Tuesday! Definitely not acceptable!!! Called and spoke with a foreign guy who put me on hold for a while and came back and said that "they had unfortunately dropped the ball" with my order. I requested a refund, and was told that the order had already been sent to UPS. Gave me a refund of $6.79 on a $50 order and some kind of "points" towards future purchases. So it is yet to be seen if my mother gets her flowers or not.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I ordered flower stems for my sister in law to arrange for my mother in law's funeral. They were ordered and confirmed on Tuesday. Charged $134. For delivery on Saturday. Saturday morning I receive an urgent text saying they cannot comply with my requested order but could send some white arrangements. That was specifically NOT what I ordered or wanted. I then canceled but the POS charged me $18.95 anyway. This company is awful!!! Do not trust them with your order!!!

Original review: June 3, 2018

This is a terrible service. I have waited 4 days to have a plant delivered. The plant still hasn't arrived. Called AVAS for a refund so I could use a different service. They refuse the refund until they "look into" the situation. Supervisor can't seem to do anything about the situation. They do not stand behind their service. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I ordered flowers for our 5th anniversary and wanted to surprise my wife. I paid extra for expedited delivery before 1 PM. I called the company at 1 PM and got a runaround for 30 minutes until a person finally answered and said, “Let me check on that.” He was gone 15 minutes and came back on the line and said he no contact but he was "pretty" sure the flowers were on the truck for delivery. I told him that I had paid extra for expedited delivery and he said it was hard for them to guarantee a delivery time. I said that's why I paid the expedited fee. He did offer to refund the expedited delivery fee but nothing else and the anniversary surprise is already ruined. I will never order from AVAS and not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I attempted to order flowers for same-day delivery for a friend who had surgery. Unfortunately, I ordered these flowers in confidence thinking that they would be delivered same day as promised in my order. I received a call, reporting that they were unable to fulfill this order. Instead of providing me with a viable option to have flowers to deliver that day. They were insistent on referring me to another florist for an significant additional upcharge charge to have these flowers delivered on a different day. They refused to provide me with a refund that I requested because they were unable to fill my order as promised. The customer service extremely poor, the representative I spoke with on the phone was insistent on delivering the flowers the next week (mind you I ordered and paid for same day delivery), however would still need to charge more?

I have used several flower companies in the past without difficulty. This has by far been my worst experience. Would most definitely not recommend this company to anyone. I am unable to leave a review on their official website. Now I am left without flower delivery and no refund. I have contacted my very pleasant concierge at American Express to help me handle this as Avas Flowers will not provide me with a refund although no services or products was rendered.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Oh how I wished I would have read the reviews on this company before I ordered from them!! Please know the 1 star reviews (I wish I could give them ZERO stars) are right. They do not deliver, they billed my credit card for double orders and will not refund. The customer service is a JOKE. I do not know how they stay in business!!! STAY AWAY and save yourself the heartache of finding out the day of your supposed delivery that they cannot deliver until the following week at best.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Ordered and had delivered for Mother's Day a WGP 1348 Rosemary tree (5/12) which was delivered perfectly as expected. Within 3 weeks, the tree developed a white substance or fungus and the plant died. Assuming Avas would want to keep me as a customer, I call customer service on 5/30 to request a replacement due to the diseased plant and was told by Albert (a customer service "manager") that he would investigate and call me back to see what could be done. He did not call back so I called again on 5/31 and spoke to Oscar (another c.s. "manager") who told me because their policy was honoring only complaints made within 24 - 48 hours, that the best they could do was a credit of $15. (Price of this tree is $57.)

Told Oscar that I have a pic of the fungus on the plant and could send it...asked to speak to his boss and suddenly no other "manager" was available. So, ended the conversation telling him I was pulling my account with them, would do no further business with them, and would share my dissatisfaction with any customers I could tell. Do not understand why they do not stand behind the quality of their products especially farm grown plants. They have lost all my business now. Their customer service sucks as it is designed to make it difficult to navigate their structure to get satisfaction and gives no means of writing reviews on their website.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I thought I ordered flowers from a local florist. Avas is not local and they only give a cut to the local florist. The local florist delivered 3 sad flowers to my mom for her birthday. They were dead and the florist refused to help and or send new flowers. It was a disaster.

Original review: May 31, 2018

This company needs to be shut down. I've never experienced such awful customer service as I have from Avas. Incident Date: 5.25.18. There was an issue with the bouquet that was picked and they couldn't meet their delivery commitment... We asked for a refund and said they would only give us a partial refund and not credit back the "service fee" - does that fly with me? Nope! You're not going to provide a full credit because of an error that you caused? SCAM ALERT! Mind you, the customer service rep was not listening, she was rude, wasn't willing to work with us, and when asked to speak with a manager - "A manager isn't here and they're going to tell you what I just said". OK. I've lost it by now.

So then it was agreed upon that flowers would be delivered on Tuesday...crickets...Tuesday passed and still no delivery. Wednesday is here and flowers were finally delivered. However, did they include the balloon that was paid for? Nope. Long story short. Don't waste your time or money on this place. There's way better places who actually guarantee their delivery with a higher standard of customer service. This place is a complete fraud and they don't care how much they've inconvenienced the customer.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Ordered two bouquets for gravestones on Memorial Day. One was substituted for their choice (not available they said), the second did not look anything like the photo online website bouquet. Oh well... They WERE delivered in timely fashion but I paid $20 extra for Express Delivery... Two Sympathy Banners I'd ordered for the bouquets were not included in the order, $20 total, so I thought I could just get that portion of the order refunded -- NOT!

Back and forth emails, them sending me "revised invoices" with "service fee" and them playing stupid that there were no banners ever ordered or charged when I HAVE the original invoice in hand showing that yes, they were ordered, and yes, they are still offered on the Avas website for $9.99 each! I could dispute with Visa but not worth my time... and from the looks of these reviews, others have drawn the same conclusion: BEWARE! Excellent web presence but other than that, they shouldn't be in business. Will never use again and NOT recommended!

Original review: May 30, 2018

We had placed an order on their website "Peace Lily Plant Option: PREMIUM - Large" invoice came to $80.31. We had a family friend pass away and we wanted something really special. When we had gotten to the funeral service and seen the plant that had been sent we were furious. The plant we had gotten was like a plant you can buy at Lowe's for $12.95. Buyer beware. They have no clue on what you are getting sent. Don't believe that you will be sending flowers how they look on their website. They are a third party just handling a transaction. They do not even see what you are getting. Buy from a local florist shop to the city you are wanting to send flowers. Not only will you save money but you can talk to them to make sure you are getting what you pay for.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Flowers were supposed to be delivered by 7pm on a Tuesday. They sent an email the night before changing delivery date to Wednesday afternoon. I contacted them to let them know the recipient would already be gone from the location and flowers needed to be delivered as promised. They would not change delivery date back to original or cancel order for me. I contacted them 3 times and they never called back. Horrible customer service.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I ordered roses for my girlfriend. The DEAD flowers arrived at her work. She felt bad because she knows they were expensive and the flowers were dead. I contacted Avas and they apologized and offered a coupon for 10 or 20% off my next order. Why would I think of a next order when the first order was crap!

Original review: May 28, 2018

Ordered flowers and what was delivered was incredibly poor compared to as advertised. Complained and expected an apology and credit, instead got a standard reply others state here - after 3 attempts of fobs offs and going to social media, they said would credit $10 and I refused saying full refund, to this they basically said good luck. Have a visa query in which will be upheld and refund and hopefully get them blacklisted from taking visa! And will be pushing this further on social media, abysmal firms and service like this should be put out of business for the disdain they have for clients.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs