Avas Flowers

Compare Flower Delivery

Research top Flower Delivery recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Do NOT order from this place!! I should have checked the reviews and ratings before I called this place to order flowers to be sent to my daughters baby shower.

They were not delivered for the Saturday shower until Monday!!! When they arrived they were worse looking than 5 day old Gas station flowers. In a $1 store vase. These people are brokers and they contract your local flower delivery store. Ridiculous place. DO NOT CALL THESE THIEVES.

I hope to God someone is smart enough to look online for reviews before ordering!!! I ordered a $107.00 bouquet of flowers from my 83 year old mother to her friend of 60 years that unexpectedly passed away. I ordered online because we are in Texas and the funeral was in New Hampshire. The services were on July 15th, 2017. I received a text to call Avas Flowers on July 18th, 2017 letting me know they were not delivered. They wanted to give me a $10.00 discount and send flowers to a family member's residence. I am heartbroken over this since I ordered and trusted this company. They advertise flowers they don't have available. Now I have to tell my mother who on top of that was devastated by her friend's passing.

DO NOT order from AVAS Flowers. On 7/11/2017 I ordered a flower arrangement from Avas to be sent to a sick coworker in the hospital. Even though they did deliver an arrangement, it was NOT what I ordered. EVERY flower was substituted from what was on the website. I ordered a tropical arrangement and what was delivered was something which could have been picked up from a local grocery store. After 6 calls with so called supervisors the best they could offer was a $30 refund on an $83.00 order so I'm stuck paying for something I DID NOT ORDER. Do yourself a favor and do not order from them. I will NEVER order from them again.

July 4th, I ordered (by phone) a Deluxe Funeral Spray for my sister-in-law's service on July 6, 2017. The service was to be held at her church, which was confirmed by the sales agent. On July 5th (next day) while driving 5 hours, I received an email from Avas Flowers, stating the flowers were delivered. I thought all was well… Arriving for the service on July 6th, went to see the spray and other flowers at the church. To my surprise, there wasn't a spray from Avas Flowers anywhere. The burial was 2.5 hours drive from the church. There wasn't anything from Avas Flowers at the grave site either. Embarrassed & confused, I made the first of five different phone calls to Avas Customer Service.

Making a L O N G story much shorter, the spray was delivered on the 5th to the funeral home, NOT the church, and according to the funeral home, there wasn't a card (which I paid $4 extra for) or any other identifying information on the spray. The funeral home had no way of telling to whose funeral they were for or no florist info either. I've tried to get a refund (multiple times) and promised a call-back to resolve the issue. As of today, no refund OR call-back. In my opinion, Avas Flowers is NOT worth doing business with, ever...

I ordered an hydrangea plant which was originally $49.99 and ended up costing 72.99 (overpriced) from Avas Flowers in Aurora CO, they delivered a peace Lily, which is the cheapest plant u can possibly get. Really people! If I had of wanted a peace Lily I would have had the recipients' family go to Lowe's and get a $12.00 peace Lily. Their customer service people are foreigners in a warehouse, loud noise in background and you can't understand them or hear them, had to call back 4 times, didn't deliver plant on correct day, and wrong plant! They only gave me back $20 on my CC, and $10 towards new order. I will not order from this scam company ever again!!! They need to be put out of business!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

I ordered flowers on Friday, July 14, 2017 to be delivered on Saturday, July 15th. Called late in the evening of Saturday to inquire the status of delivery. A woman answered and said she put me on hold telling that she will check with the local florists and let me know the status. After a long hold, she came back and said that she is unable to reach the local florist and hence cannot tell me what is going on. However, she said she will call me back in an hour, but never called me. I called again, and the result was same. In the similar fashion four people lied to me between Saturday and Sunday. This company should not be in business. Please don't ever order from this people, all they do is lie to you.

I called a day early to have flowers shipped to recipient for her birthday. Was told delivery would be made in the a.m. This is a PRICEY florist that did not come through as promised and it was a bummer to have the order tracked. Calls were going back and forth, wasting time. I don't even have the order number that was supposed to be sent and never was. I would NEVER use again and cannot recommend this florist.

This company failed to do everything they promised. I ordered ONE bouquet and ONE boutonniere and they couldn't even get my order right. The day of my wedding when my order arrived they gave me one boutonniere and a HUGE basket of what looked like a rose bush. Furious and stressed I contacted them right away. Spent hours on the phone with them. They didn't believe me that I ordered a bouquet. Then told me in order to get my bouquet I had to give them more money. In the end I got bot bouquet for my wedding day. They are the WORST company I have ever worked with. Horrible customer service, huge language barrier, florists was terrible. I wish I could give them no stars. Ruined my wedding day and barely admitted it was their fault. I will ALWAYS tell people how awful this company is. DO NOT USE THEM. So disgusted that a business like this even exists. They should be ashamed.

I recently ordered a 49.00 arrangement from Avas Flowers. When I was speaking to the customer rep. he tried several times to upsell me on incidentals, like a bow, a full size card, a larger vase, etc. I did agree to the "Deluxe" version of the arrangement, called BRIGHT SUNLIGHT. I told him that I needed delivery by 4:00. The order did not arrive until after 6:00. When it did show up, it was not the same arrangement as the picture. Probably had 1/4 of the flowers shown in the picture. When I tried to complain they offered me a 10% discount off of my next order. There will be no next order!!! Terrible company and terrible customer service.

I ordered flowers for my sister who was going through a difficult time. The flowers arrived in a box with no refrigeration and no water. Big surprise, they were dead. She called Avas Flowers and they agreed to replace the flowers. They shipped another box with no water or refrigeration and once again, she received a box of dead flowers. I then called to request a refund. They agreed to refund the money for the dead flowers but not the $18.95 delivery fee. Apparently, I'm supposed to pay their service fees to package dead flowers. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Service representative was less than helpful and very complacent with my complaints. I sent follow up email and did not even get the courtesy of a response. DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS.

I ordered a flower arrangement to be delivered to a female co-worker recovering from knee surgery. I specifically selected a "next day delivery". On the afternoon of delivery I received a telephone call asking if a color substitution could be made because the flowers in the website picture were not available. I was promised a "spectacular design" so I agreed. Later that same day I was contacted again and told my flowers were not delivered because I needed to pay an additional $10.00 for delivery. The customer service representative kept repeating I needed to pay $10.00 or the local florist would not deliver". I refused to pay any additional money (I was already paying $19.95 shipping and handling). I requested to speak to a manager and was told "no one was available" and "the manager would only tell me I needed to pay ten dollars". I stated I wanted to cancel the order and I was told I could not cancel my order. I requested a customer service call back.

The following day, Saturday at 5 pm I was received a call from another customer service representation telling me I needed to pay ten dollars or the flowers would not be delivered. I could not believe next day flowers had not been delivered. The customer service representation offered to send two dozen roses if I paid the ten dollars. I stated I didn't want roses for a coworker. Again I requested a manager, I waited five minutes and the original customer service representation returned to the telephone stating "he was unable to get a manager on the line". After a lengthy conversation I was issued a refund. Now I have no flowers and it is 3 days later. I would not recommend this company. This was a real SCAM (different flowers, unfulfilled delivery dates and a call for additional money). STAY AWAY from this company.

I ordered flowers to be delivered Saturday for my parents' anniversary and they were never delivered. They claim they tried to deliver twice, but they never called while trying to deliver and why would you go back a second time without speaking to someone first?! They wanted to charge me an extra $6, but they said they would waive it on Saturday. We came to a resolution by the end of the day (Saturday) that they would be delivered on Sunday. By Sunday they wanted my $6 again and refused to deliver. I told them to cancel the order.

By Monday morning the full amount was charged to my card when the FLOWERS WERE NEVER DELIVERED. I called Monday morning and they still wanted me to pay the $6 for them to deliver. This is after I have been on the phone with them 8 times since Saturday afternoon. Not only that they have also haggled with my mother who was receiving the flowers. The florist told her she didn't have time to talk to her anymore on Saturday. Worst customer service and I want my money back!

I ordered same day flower arrangement for my daughter's anniversary, the arrangement I ordered is not the arrangement Avas sent. When I called the company with my displeasure, I was told the matter had to be presented to the agent's manager and they would call me the following day. Well no surprise, I didn't receive a call. Three days later I was sent an email saying they substituted my order with a different similar arraignment and that they would reimburse me $7.00 for an arrangement I paid over $100.00 dollars for. Avas keep your lousy $7.00, I don't accept it, that's an insult. I will NEVER buy from this company again... I also tried to review on the Avas site and they wouldn't print it.

My son and daughter-in-law sent me flowers for Mother's Day while I was visiting in Litchfield Park, Arizona. The arrangement was left at the front door sometime prior to 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, May 16th (Mother's Day was Sunday, May 14th). They were suppose to be delivered on Friday, May 12th. The card had my last name misspelled and I had no idea who they were from. The message was completely messed up and didn't make any sense. The arrangement was suppose to be a tulip bouquet and is was a mixed flower arrangement! She called Avas Flowers (who she placed the order with online) to find out why they weren't delivered on Friday and was told they needed to contact the local florist (Sweet Peonies Floral). No one EVER called her back, nor did they give her a refund. She will never use either company again.

Their website makes it seem like they are a local florist. Not only are they NOT local, but they don't even use a local florist. They ship arrangements UPS, and when something doesn't arrive, they blame UPS and take no responsibility. I ordered a bouquet for my sister which was supposed to be delivered today but wasn't. I made 5 VERY frustrating calls to them and nobody would help me. They said it was an issue with UPS. So I have spent money and have no idea what happened to the flowers. I am just praying they arrive at some point.

I am livid and nauseated by the poor representation of a puny plant delivered to Bonney Watson Funerals in Federal Way, Wa. I ordered a deluxe plant for my son in law's funeral. I ordered a plant for $102.90. What was delivered was a small plant that list on their website for $39.00 and looked more like a $10.00 plant from Home Depot. The plant was so tiny it stood out like a sore thumb and I was totally embarrassed when people saw the card attached to the plant that came from my family. This is a blatant case of bait and switch! I suggest you consider this review before ordering from AVAS FLOWERS FEDERAL, WAY.

I ordered flowers to be delivered 3 days before the 4th July. The sales assistant on the phone assured me that this was not a problem. I even received two follow up calls assuring me the flowers would be delivered. The flowers never arrived and when I phoned to complain I was offered $4.25 as compensation for an order of over $60. This is insulting to say the least and I'm surprised this business functions at all. I will certainly not use them again and would urge anyone thinking of using them to reconsider.

I was planning a surprise birthday party from CA for my dad who lives in Denton TX. Decided to try & use a local florist so there'd be less chance of a problem, found Ava's which was described as family owned & operated - I love to support small family businesses. Explored their website but for my order I wanted to call in & talk with someone in person. We were on the phone almost 40 minutes putting order together - meticulous details to complement my colors & my decor. Proflowers could have made my order for 80$ but I went with local florist thinking it would be safer. Confirmed order form sent to me, my credit card was charged almost $140 for 2 table arrangements of flowers & balloons.

I arrive in TX late the night before the party. I go to the restaurant venue at noon to set up for the surprise supposed to be happening at 1. There were no flowers or balloons yet. They were to be delivered at noon. Called Ava's at 12:30 only to be told that the order - which I had placed & paid for more than 8 days prior had been rejected by the local florist? I thought you were the local family owned florist? They never called or even emailed me any information about this rejection, only left me hanging with NO floral arrangements for my dad's 75th b'day celebration. Their customer service rep had no explanation, offered no immediate refund or even a no cost bouquet sent later to the home of the intended recipient.

I called the next business day to be sure my CC was going to be refunded only to be told they couldn't process a refund because they were trying to deliver it "today". That is a day after the surprise party to a restaurant where we had held the surprise party the day before? Took me another 20 minutes to find a manager who had wasn't stupid who could process my refund. DO NOT use Ava's Flowers in Denton TX no matter what you do!!!

I ordered a large plant for Mother's Day to be delivered to my MIL. I had an order confirmation that it was in fact delivered. Only to find out 1.5 months later that it never was. Obviously my MIL didn't want to bring it up that she never got a gift and we thought the whole time that she had it. But it never was delivered! I called and (after being put on hold numerous times) I was told they were so sorry and they would refund me 10% and send a bigger and better arrangement out the very next day and they PROMISE it will be there before noon. So I wait, 3 pm rolls around and still no plant. I call and am once again promise it's scheduled to be delivered that day but they weren't sure why I was promised before noon. So I wait and wait. 6 pm rolls around and no plant.

I call again to speak to supervisor "Paul **" (I know they aren't giving their real names). He said, "Sorry, looks like the person you spoke to yesterday accidentally refunded you the full amount instead of 10% so we won't be sending the plant. But you can purchase it again and we'll ship it." Are you freaking kidding me?!! YOU messed up so YOU fix it. This wasn't my fault. You were supposed to deliver it 1.5 months ago! He then said expect a call or email tomorrow because they will try and ship the plant for free. So, day 3, wait and wait, still no call. I call them and am placed on yet another eternal hold, am transferred to a "manager" where the line conveniently disconnects. So I call again to explain my story for the 20th time. Speak to another manager who says "Paul" oddly isn't available today. Tried to say, per Paul's notes, you weren't promised this. **!!

Long story short, he refused to send any plant for free to replace the one they said they shipped 1.5 months ago but never did. They said I'd have to pay for it and they'd ship it again. My MIL waited for 3 days for a plant from these ** who promised they would deliver it. They even called my MIL on the phone to advise her she'd be receiving a plant. So at the end, nope, no plant. They have no clue about customer service. I did everything correct on my end but since they mess up everything on their end I still have to fix it. Oh, they gave me $10 credit off of my next order. Like I'd ever order from this disaster of a company ever again.

I would give no stars if possible! My work bestie's son passed away one year ago a few days ago and she took some days off as this is a hard time for her. Today was her first day returning back to work (we work together). I ordered to have some flowers delivered here at work for her and they never showed. I checked my confirmation and it had said they were delivered and then under it saying that no one was home and they left a note (um no, they didn't leave a note, or they would have been delivered to my work! duh!), and tried to call recipient, well I put my number as the recipient so if there was any issues they would call me! (They did call, no message.)

I called the number back and they hung up on me twice!! I called Avas customer service and explained my situation and let them know that it would be completely tacky for the flowers to show up tomorrow and asked if something could be done, and after talking to a customer service rep and being sent to a manager, we were on the phone 35 minutes total with no resolution. The Manager, Michael even said the reason they hung up on me was because the delivery guy was driving. (They can't pull over, or call at the next stop instead of just pick the phone up and hang up twice??!!) The only thing they said they could do for me because at this point, I didn't want the flowers, my only options were to get the flowers delivered tomorrow, or get a PARTIAL refund... Um, really thanks! This place is a joke, I wonder if they will even show up tomorrow, or in what condition. Do not waste your money with these jerks!!

Placed an order for next day BIRTHDAY delivery to an Ocean City MD hotel. The day of the delivery I was called and told the delivery could not be made, as their local 'designer' could not do it. The item involved a bear, a vase, a rose, and a bow. 'Designer' charge had been 13.00+. After speaking with two representatives who said they could deliver a dozen roses the NEXT DAY instead, I finally spoke with a manager, and cancelled the order. I still need to ensure my card was not charged. Every representative had a heavy accent. I may well have been speaking to someone outside of the US. Made a simple transaction into a much more difficult situation.

I ordered a $98 arrangement with very specific direction on what was needed and the types of flowers that I do not want. The person who took the order was fantastic and that was the extent of the good service. I received notification at 4:30 pm that my flowers were delivered yet the recipient did not receive them. I called Avas and they explained that they send the order to a local florist and the store was closed. I should follow up the following day which was not acceptable. I requested the name of the local florist and was told that they could not provide me with the name due to "security".

I requested to speak to a manager who naturally was "busy" and unable to chat. I requested a call back prior to 7:30 pm from that manager and I did not receive the callback. The flowers were finally delivered that night and it was not what I ordered and included flowers I specifically stated I did not want. This was a horrible experience with very little effort to make a poor experience better. I was extremely disappointed and will definitely not use this company again.

Ordered flowers for a new mother but flowers were never delivered even though same day delivery was guaranteed. Called back at least a dozen times and was placed in cue but then cut off on most of those calls. Once I actually got in contact with them, they promised to deliver the next day which did not happen after repeated calls. I finally called back at the end of day two to cancel the order, but they said they would have to check on whether they could even though the website said I could. I do not believe this company is legit and clearly their website and claim to be a local florist is false.

Do not order from them!!! I ordered flowers from Avas Flowers for my mom Mother's Day 2017. Not only did they not delivered what I ordered, what they delivered looked like it was something from the Dollar Store!!! I called on Mother's Day and a total of 8 times thereafter. They did everything from denying it happened, to procrastinating, to hanging up on me, to offering me a refund that never came. Do not order from them!!!

DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! I ordered flowers for my kids to be delivered to their hotel room on their anniversary. Flowers were not delivered and all I could get was automated service. I have called my American Express fraud service so report this incident. So embarrassed, it was important that they get the flowers ON their anniversary before they checked out of hotel.

Trying to find a word to sum up my experience yesterday with Ava's Flowers, it would have to be "fraud". This is NOT a "local, family owned" florist as their recording and website would have you believe. It may be "local and family owned" where the calling center is located... And they may claim to deal with local, family owned florists on the delivery end... But my experience was a bad joke. I Googled florist in small town for delivery of bouquet to a former teacher who is in his 90's... Reception being given for him on Sunday afternoon and wanted flowers to reach the recipient before then so the family could use flowers to decorate the hall. Placing the order on Friday, I suggested they may wish to deliver on Saturday instead of "same day". Late Friday afternoon... Post closing time for any local florist... I received an "urgent" text asking me to call.

When someone FINALLY came on the phone, he said he needed to check the order. That took quite a while. When he came back, there was another delay... Then he said he had checked with the local florist and they had run out of flowers due to a funeral and a wedding! I had already expressed displeasure at finding they were NOT a real local florist. I prefer to deal with a local shop directly. This experience certainly backs up that premise. I said they should cancel the order. He tried to talk me into accepting a bouquet "three times the size of what I ordered" along with other perks. I said I was asking for them to cancel the order. He repeated that they would send the substitute order straight from their warehouse???? I said then it would not be in a vase... Oh yes, vase included, but flowers would have to be removed from box and placed in vase. And, oh yes... The "soonest" they could ship it would be NEXT TUESDAY!!

Could this experience have gotten any worse??? In deference to the young caller in the call center, he was very courteous and had a great telephone voice. But, in my mind, he is working for a scam employer. I did receive a cancellation email this morning, so assume my account will not be charged. After all the other negatives, I will certainly be checking my credit card statement!! CALL A LOCAL FLORIST and when THEY ANSWER the PHONE MAKE SURE they are GEOGRAPHICALLY LOCATED WHERE THEY SAY THEY ARE!!!

Forget their "discount codes" too. I filled out order form and omitted their discount code... But had to leave order and find zip code. When I went back and did include their 10% discount code, the total was MORE than the original order! OHHH... Just checked previous emails to find order number and there is an email dated today saying the order will be delivered today! Is this "business" a joke or what??? Find a local florist... Write the number in your password book and only use that to order flowers!!! These folks masquerading as local florists online need to be regulated.

I ordered flowers for my sister in law who had surgery and just got home. I placed order on 06/17 and order to be delivered on 6/20. No delivery, no call. I called them on 06/23 and was reassured order to be delivered by 7 pm 06/24. No delivery. Called them and they said they hadn't found anybody to make arrangement. No call or email/text. I cancelled order. They offered discount rate. Why would I order from company like this. Horrible.

I ordered flowers to be delivered on 6/22/17. After 9 different phone calls to non English speaking people, after numerous times they told me the flowers were delivered... No satisfaction and no flowers. They refuse to give refunds. Won't transfer you to a supervisor and keep telling me that the flowers were delivered. Then, they disconnected me a few times as well. Do not waste your money or your time unless you enjoy being jerked around! Also, their system will NEVER recognize your order number. Incompetent doesn't begin to cover this level of inadequacy!!!

I placed an order for same day delivery and paid an expedited fee of $9.99 plus taxes to have them delivered before 1 PM on that day. They did not arrive until 5 hours past the designated delivery time of 1 PM. They reimbursed me my $9.99 however I was still charged for the taxes on the $9.99. This company is a scam and is only trying to get extra fees from the consumer. Next time I will read all the reviews and not the company's so called Five Star reviews.

Short and simple... I ordered a $85.00 flower arrangement for Mother's day this year and the site said delivery on Saturday and they came on Tuesday. They looked NOTHING like in the picture, I'd done better to pick a bouquet up at Giant for $15.00. Then they actually had the nerve to ask me to complete a survey and then never responded to my complaint. Their site leads you to believe you are using a mom and pop shop in town but they aren't. They just farm out the orders. Live and learn.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.
  • Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.
  • Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.
  • Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.
  • Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.
  • Best for significant others, friends and adult children.

Compare Flower Delivery