1.03/5
  • 1 star
Based on 396 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Avas Flowers

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 18, 2018

756 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

NEVER... NEVER order from this company. We sent a very nice funeral arrangement, well we attempted to have it sent. Flowers were never sent and when I called AVAS Flowers they give you the runaround and IVAN is truly rude and was no help at all. They will not stand behind their Customer Service Policy, should be a full refund if flowers did not get delivered. AVAS will tell you they can't do any refunds. Good luck with talking to anyone that claims to be a Manager or Supervisor. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I ordered flowers from Avas. They came, my wife was thankful, I was excited to see them when she came home. Imagine my disappointment when I saw what was delivered. I kept walking by and seeing them. In a vase I could have bought at the dollar store. The balloon was half inflated. The flowers though pretty were so sparse. I could have them at Wal-Mart or Winn Dixie! I expected a better quality bouquet! When I decided to voice my complaint I was told to send a picture, which I did. I only to be told to send again in another format. A runaround! So I finally get A response it's, "Oh you didn't complain within 24 hours!" Wow!! Never again!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

I placed a order on Jan 17, 2018, I had to speak to 5 reps and they could not give the status of my order & it was suppose to be delivered on the date above. At 10:15 today I held on a call for 10 minutes & was told they can't send the basket I ordered & want to use a vase, I said NO. So finally after holding longer I was told the basket would be delivered today. We will see if that is true or not. I don't think this was very good customer service at all.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Pictures say a thousand words. I ordered flowers online for a dear friend who had just lost her mother. I put the order through at Avasflowers.net. They called me to let me know that the particular flower that was in the arrangement was not available. I OKed a substitution. I OKed a different vase. I understand that certain things are not always available. But I did not expect what my friend received. Avasflowers.net's customer service was VERY unhelpful when I spent over 30 minutes on the phone trying to get this resolved. Basically told me tough **. They even told me I authorized the change and that it was reviewed on the recording, but refused to let me hear the recording. They tried to tell me that the arrangement was actually an upgrade from what I ordered! Laughable! I am hoping that this review will make people will think twice about ordering from them.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I placed my order several days before the delivery needed to take place. I spent a good deal of money so I was shocked to find out that the flowers were not delivered. I called first thing the next day and the company said that they would deliver the flowers that day. However, they did not. Three days after the scheduled delivery day, my friend informed me that the flowers still had not been delivered. As of yet I am still waiting of this expected beautiful arrangement to be delivered. Customer service has hung up on me, I've been transferred to a voicemail, and there has been no effort from the company to reach out to me and fix their mistake. No refund has been offered and no flowers have been delivered. I have never been so dissatisfied with a flower delivery service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I ordered from this florist because they said they were local to Huntersville North Carolina. They are not. I wish I had read the reviews before I ordered because they are all very accurate. The flowers that our daughter received look nothing like the ones that I ordered. I ordered the floral Harmony bouquet which was pink and purple and blue, they delivered an all pink arrangement with a few red roses. It was very cheap looking in my opinion. The website offered a 45% discount, but only gave us 10%. It said free delivery, but then charged us $15.95. Not worth the $54 spent. I've included pictures to show the difference. The email they sent to confirm delivery even described a completely different arrangement!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I Googled "local florists" for the Richmond, VA area. AVAS flowers was at the top of the list. They had a internet special on so I ordered what was supposed to be a "premium" peace lily plant. I ordered this on a Friday for the service on Saturday. When we arrived from out of town at the service on Saturday, the plant we saw was certainly not "Premium" as advertised. The plant was very small and looked in bad shape. Too late to do anything about it then. It was embarrassing. Also the offer said "free delivery". With the 10% discount the original order came to around $56 and change. When I checked my credit card had been billed for $72 and change. They had included a $15 and change fee for "service and handling". Nothing was ever presented as such. I never received any confirmation e-mail as promised as to the order or as to the delivery.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

AVAS Flowers is the worst flower experience in years. I even called them to ask specifically how the plant would look, and they guaranteed me that my $93 plant order would be beautiful. It shows at least 5 blooms on the picture, but there were no blooms on this. The barcode was still on the crummy basket like they picked it up from Home Depot and dropped it off for the funeral. I'm humiliated and embarrassed to send this piece of garbage to my ex-husband's family. The plant they sent didn't even look as good as the $39.00 one they offered. Disgusting. They also don't let you write a review on their website. It is totally controlled. Definitely a scam!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I ordered flowers to be delivered the day before Christmas from what I believed to be, a local florist, it was not. They were never delivered. I emailed them several times requesting an order #, explanation and refund. Never received a reply. Have called twice and spoken with a real person, I was offered red roses in compensation, I refused, then I was offered store credit, which I also refused, "they" say I will receive a full refund, still waiting on that. I will say, the website is beautiful, but makes you think you are dealing with someone local. Don't be fooled. Call your local florist, do not use Avas Flowers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I found their ad online and was impressed with their claim of same day delivery and no delivery charge. Their website makes the same claim. I ordered the flowers on 1/6/18. After I made my selection and proceeded to payment where I got 2 surprises. They would not be able to deliver them till 1/8/18 and found a $16 handling fee in lieu of a delivery fee. However, I paid them. They have yet to deliver my flowers, I have sent them 3 messages requesting an update on delivery, they have not responded. Checked with my bank and found that they processed the payment when I placed my order. In reviewing their corrupt policies they do not issue refunds. It is not a not a legit company. This is a scam. Do not order from them.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

They took my order and sent a delivery confirmation email - then 12 minutes later told me they would not deliver them until tomorrow even though I specifically said they needed to go out today. RUDE customer service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Website offered a Balloon Bouquet for about 39.00. I enlarged the Bouquet with 8 latex at 2.00 ea & entered all my order info. The total came to 78.00 which did not include handling & delivery. When I called their Customer Svc they rudely explained the extra cost was because the delivery was to Hawaii. I had to call them x3 because they cut me off. I wasted so much time with this company! BTW: placed an order with another Co. Which took a few minutes & over 20.00 cheaper.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I ordered roses and balloons for my Aunt's 99th birthday. The site doesn't let you review your order before you place it. I noticed I ordered 2 sets of balloons so I wanted to cancel 1 of them. I tried texting and email but no one contacted me until after my order was delivered. I called to cancel and they said I would get a refund. Then I get an email saying I couldn't get a refund because they were already delivered. I cancelled 2 days before they were delivered. Never again will I order from them.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Ordered flowers for my daughter's birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise. Long story short... they were delivered three days late and because my daughter "accepted" them at door... No refund or methods of rectifying situation.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Glad I trusted my instincts on this one. After you have almost clicked the final button to place your order, a $15.95 fee is added. I contacted the company and they agreed to take the fee off. But after reviewing the order, they downgraded it to a smaller arrangement. Called again and when I said I wanted to cancel the order (because it was more money than I agreed to), the customer service person hung up on me. After a third call to the company, the agent gave me a difficult time about cancelling. Don't want to ramble about other details... awful!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I was not pleased with what was delivered vs what was ordered. So after much discussion, I was offered a $10.00 credit on my next purchase. I ordered a Premium Lily arrangement. In addition, I had ordered 4 candy canes to be added to the arrangement to the tune of an additional $5.00 which were not included with the arrangement sent. Of course, the order receipt does list a disclosure which relieves them of any liability to make sure what is sent reflects what is pictured. So MY BAD for assuming that it was policy for substitutions to take presence over what was actually ordered. The arrangement was a total of $149.90. Their customer service is basically a repetitive response to all whom have a complaint.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Two days ago, my mother ordered flowers for me through Avas. The person flatly lied and told her they were local, in a town about 15 miles from me. For two days, she got excuses about why the flowers had not been delivered. When she told me who she had called, I started looking online and fails to tell her to cancel the order because this place is not a florist at all. It is a call center that contacts truly local florists and gives them a small portion of the advertised price to deliver an arrangement to the address. When the sender finds out the arrangement is way smaller, they complain to the delivering florist. Avas claims no responsibility. Many true local florists have blocked Avas or do not accept their orders. This is why their orders, when finally delivered, are brought by UPS in a box and are nothing like what was advertised. Do yourself a favor, contact your local florist and ask them for help.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I paid to have a very nice Christmas arrangement sent to a family friend, after the arrangement was not delivered I knew right then that I was about to run into a huge issue. I contacted Avas Flowers, they lied and said they e-mailed and left me a voicemail that the florist did not have the arrangement that I paid for. Funny how I didn't ever have a single call or e-mail. The customer service person was very rude, told me I don't know what I am talking about but would be happy to send a replacement arrangement (which was a day late by the way and not delivered until almost 8pm). The arrangement that was sent was HIDEOUS AND TERRIBLY MADE! It did not include ANY of the accessories that I paid for (candy canes, ribbon, a red vase, other Christmas décor). A BOX of dying tulips were sent instead, that was IT.

I contacted Avas Flowers again - after asking for a refund for this disaster, they decided to give me a $15 CREDIT TOWARDS A NEXT PURCHASE. Are you kidding me?! I will never spend another dime with this shady company! I am completely disgusted with this entire process and it was embarrassing having such a tacky looking box of flowers sent. Worst experience I have ever had purchasing flowers!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Yesterday I ordered a sympathy arrangement for a customer in North Carolina. His 22 year old daughter tragically passed unexpectedly and I went to the trouble of ordering a beautiful custom arrangement for her funeral services. I mistakenly thought they were a local florist but they are nothing but a clearinghouse for florists. You rarely get to speak to a live person, only an agent, who claims to be onsite at the florist shop.

This company is a joke. They promised me and promised me it would arrive on time. When I get my email confirmation of the order, I notice the deceased name completely misspelled and the delivery address was Lewiston, ID not Huntersville, NC! The zip codes aren't even close. So immediately I contact them to point out the errors and they apologize and take care of the errors.

Today I get an email that my arrangement could not be delivered. This is unacceptable! I am so heartbroken for my customer and pissed that it appears we did not acknowledge their daughter's services. They offered to send a fruit basket to the family. A day late and a dollar short. This is so disappointing I can't see straight. I will call them even though I replied to the automated email that I wanted them to contact me immediately at the number I provided in the email but of course, I'm twiddling my thumbs. I will call and be placed on hold indefinitely before I speak to some nitwit who cannot assist me in solving this problem. I RECOMMEND YOU TO NEVER USE AVAS FLOWERS!!!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I ordered a floral arrangement on 12/23 for delivery on 12/24 and paid extra for expedited delivery with a total cost about $100. Two days later, I received an email saying that the arrangement would be sent on 12/28 since AVAS was too busy. It did not arrive for Christmas. In the email AVAS offered to upgrade the arrangement. The arrangement did arrive on 12/28, however the arrangement did not resemble the arrangement ordered. I also paid for all the upgrades. This arrangement was an embarrassment with a puny size and old flowers. As part of AVAS' customer service, they offered a $10 credit to be applied to a future service. I will never use AVAS again.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

An order placed before Christmas, was delivered to a neighbor's house, who was out of town. As a result, my family did not receive it until New Year's Eve. It was left on their neighbors front porch. My $98.99 poinsettia (yes, I was stupid, but in the holiday spirit) It did not have a bow, or ornaments, which I paid extra for, and it was frozen dead. After many phone calls, I have been told my uncle signed for the flower, he is almost 90, has dementia and hasn't answered the door in years. After many phone calls and talking to 6 customer service people today, and they have all promised to resolve this, I have registered my first complaint, I also have filed a dispute with my credit card company. Sorry I didn't read these reviews sooner, 0 would be too good of score for them, picking dandelions and weeds would be better if you delivered them yourself.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I called the Avas Flowers in Greencastle, Indiana to order flowers for a friend whose mother passed away. Had a long conversation with the clerk to order a plant for the funeral. After he put me on hold several times to assure me that he confirmed delivery with delivery driver and that he stated would be there by 7, the next day for the wake. Got an email confirming my order.

Funeral was on Thursday. Got an email Friday night around 6 stating they will be delivering them on Jan 3rd. WHAT? I am so furious. I live in Texas as well as my friend, so not happy that now it appears I wasn't caring enough. The whole point of me calling the local florist was to make sure the delivery was on time. If they knew they couldn't do it, they should of told me up front and I would have called another florist! I will be challenging the 93. charge for something that was delivered.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Punta Gorda Fl. - I ordered a floral arrangement over the phone, the representative assured me that the finish product would look exactly like the photo their website. The floral arrangement that was delivered looked nothing like what I chose from their website. I spent 90 minutes on the phone expressing my disappointment with what they delivered. Bottom line they did not care, they felt because it had some of the colors in the finished product that was shown on the website that they were in compliance. They need to remove from their website the words "customer satisfaction guaranteed". That truly is not the case.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I ordered flowers for a family member’s funeral. When a picture was sent to me of the floral arrangement, I was shocked to see that the display looked nothing like what I had ordered from your website. Before ordering the flowers online, I was “assured” from one of your representatives that the arrangement would come out exactly the same as how it looks on the website. Unfortunately, this was not the case. I called Avas to explain to them what had occurred, only to be told that there’s no guarantee that the arrangement you order online will look the same. Not only were the type of flowers different, there was a completely different color scheme as well. I could not be more disappointed with the customer service from Avas and as a result will not be recommending anyone to order from your company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

On December 22 I ordered same day delivery. I got a call the next day saying wasn't happening until the 26th. Then I got an email stating the 26th or 27th. Now on the 28th I called them and was told they are still trying to find a florist. I called all 3 florist in that small town and they said ava's offered them $30 to do a $90 basket. Plus I was guaranteed an upgrade to it by Avas for the inconvenience. All florist turned Avas down. I demanded a refund! I called back to a local florist and ordered direct. I saved money and the florist knew the recipient well. "Avas" and "For you flowers" are the same type of bs places. Order direct and make sure the address is local because they will use local phone numbers that roll to out of state place. They'll also state, "serving" that area. But they are not local. Beware!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

1st delivered set, had a damaged box and broken flowers. Called them and would get another delivery. 2nd delivery had mostly dead flowers! Ridiculous considering amount I paid. I emailed immediately and asked for refund. I suggest NOT ordering from them!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

First, the website made it appear that the company is in my parents' hometown (IT WAS NOT - it is possibly located in New Jersey). I ordered the "Christmas Dreams Centerpiece" Deluxe for $95.00. It was supposed to be a centerpiece with roses and white lilies and candles in the center. I ordered from the company because they PROMISED delivery before Christmas. On December 27, my parents received the UPS delivery from New Jersey with a dry and dying Poinsettia. This is a small Poinsettia that (if living) would sell at a local grocery store for $10.00. My Mom's Christmas response to me was "Going to throw it out, the stem came out like butter." I called for a refund and they are willing to give me a 10% discount on the next delivery - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! MERRY ** CHRISTMAS!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Extremely dissatisfied I ordered the Pastel Funeral Flower Arrangements. Please stay away from this company they use a third party to deliver. We arrived at the viewing and we are looking for our heart arrangement and is nowhere to be found. Come to find out the next day they claim that the standing spray in purple with no card and horrible handwritten banner was to be ours. Although they acknowledged that they did not deliver what we ordered they refused to give a full refund. Expecting a picture now that we are on our way to the Cemetery. Very unprofessional. So Sad.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

On December 20th I called Avas Flowers and ordered a Christmas arrangement for my mother. She received her arrangement and sent me a picture and it did not look nothing like the picture. I called and spoke to a gentleman and he asked me if I’d like a refund or another delivery from different florist. I said different florist. This was a little after 7 pm. I received an email from the manager Sera ** at after 9;30 pm informing me that I will not be getting a refund or another delivery. I called the next day she is said that the flowers that were delivered were satisfactory in her eyes. I am very disappointed due to the fact that not only was I not satisfied but they were supposed to be premium and I have ordered premium from then not too long ago in November. I am really surprised I didn’t get a new arrangement. Never again will I ever order from this place ever!!! Be aware.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I ordered 2 bouquets of flowers. One was sent to my mother, the second order was supposed to go to my aunt. Mother received hers, (late), the other order was never delivered. When calling to see what happened to second order, they conveniently could not find the recording of my order. I got charged a service fee that was never mentioned in order process, plus extra for special ribbon and special bow, special vase, and extra large greeting card, all of which was never mentioned in initial ordering call and I did not want. They would not refund me half of my 87$ bill. Also, could not get them to understand that I was billed for 2 orders, but did not receive 2 orders. I wish I would’ve read the reviews online about this place before I placed my order. I guarantee that I will never use this company again. And I will tell everyone I know not to use company either.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.avasflowers.net

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use