3.6/5 (837 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

Wish I had seen these reviews before I ordered. Shame on me. Ordered a beautiful get well bouquet for a friend. It was quite a bit more expensive than I expected but I ordered anyway. I was embarrassed, disappointed, and angry when she sent a picture of what was delivered. The photo showed roses and lilies in bloom, spider mums, miniature daisies, and filler of alstroemeria. The received bouquet had some roses and a few lilies in a tight bud, not one bloom, no daisies, some small green mums, and at least half a vase of baby's breath. About half of what was shown in the advertisement.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I placed a flowers arrangement to be delivered to my sister on her birthday 01/21/23. The arrangement delivered was a complete disappointment. It was to have about 12 roses of three different colors; yellow, pink and lavender plus red carnations and some lavender color flowers with a small happy birthday balloon. The actual one has four yellow roses and a bunch of some lavender color flowers that I don’t even know how it’s called.

I called Avas Flowers and after waiting for almost 25 minutes an associate which was polite and attentive apologized about the situation and told that another florist should deliver the right arrangement on Monday, 01/23/23 which is two days after my sister’s birthday. After hanging up with them, I decided to check on the company and for my disappointment, most of the reviews are about people that had similar experience as mine. Right now I’m keeping my fingers crossed and wondering if the arrangement which was paid almost $130. will be delivered as promised.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

I ordered a dozen roses to be delivered for our Betty White birthday party. They said they could not deliver that at that time to pick a different one so I picked florist arrangement, I got about three stems of mums, it was horrible. I have never seen such a cheap display. I could have gotten better at Walmart for 398 which I did just not the 398 one, never again. Do not trust these people, they show you one thing and send you another.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

I called what I thought was a local florist to send flowers to my daughter in law who had surgery, the picture of the flowers was nowhere near the flowers that arrived. They were dropped on the front porch by UPS in a box with a vase unarranged. They were clearly not worth the $64.65 price that I paid for them. Buyer beware!! Kroger has better looking flowers and at least they are arranged in a vase with water.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Ordered a bright multi floral arrangement of different kinds of flowers in a vase. Informed by Avas not available. Sent me a few selections of just roses. I chose a arrangement of multi color roses in a vase. She received all off white pink tipped roses. Also an exorbitant cost for something I didn’t want and didn’t order. Such as a $24.95 service fee and another $10.00 delivery fee. Total of $95.73. Would never use this company again or recommend it to anyone else.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I sent flowers to a friend and I double checked the additional fees in the total. When I paid it resulted in additional costs to pay. I checked again doing a second order and it worked in the same way, There is no written information about it. When I called the call center they just offer to refund a small part of the cost. I will not use this service again.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

Watch out for these people - the epitome of online bait and switch. Ordered 12 red roses in a vase to be delivered. Transaction processed and money taken. Immediately got an “urgent” email saying there was a problem with my order and I needed to call asap. Called them - didn’t have a vase and would I be ok with a basket. Said ok. Immediately got another email - “can’t guarantee the flowers ordered are available” and I should “trust their designers to deliver something nice” at the same price. At an original coat of $8.00 per rose, I don’t think so.... Argued with customer service representative for about 20 minutes to get the order cancelled. Don’t have the money back yet.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

A friend's mother died, I wanted to send a small arrangement. I got a text message from a customer service agent. She told me no one has the flowers for the arrangement. They can send a nice Orchid. I did not want an orchid. Then she hung up on me, baby screaming in the background. Received another text message from someone else. This person could not find the order. Received another text message from another agent. The agent found the order, I asked that the order be cancelled. Received another text message from a senior staff member. I said that I wanted the order cancelled. She talked me into sending roses at a discount since they could not do the arrangement. There were supposed to be a dozen roses, six white and six red.

My friend received a dozen red roses even though a slip in the box said 6 white and 6 red roses. Noticing my bank statement they charged me two different times for orders totaling $111.52. Will never use their service again and will tell everyone I know about their terrible service. They are very difficult to contact which makes things difficult.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I ordered a plant to be delivered to a funeral home for a wake, it never showed up, never showed up the next day to the funeral, then they delivered a plant to the recipient and it was the wrong plant, do not, I repeat, do NOT use this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I couldn't attend the funeral of a beloved family member, so I placed an order for flowers with Avas Flowers on Dec. 21, 2022 for delivery on Dec. 26, 2022. Less than 2 hours before the funeral on Dec. 27, they contacted me, asking for an alternate address for delivery since they couldn't guarantee the flowers would arrive in time for the funeral. I had no alternate address and asked them to please try and call me if the flowers didn't arrive. I heard nothing from them but verified from a relative that the flowers did NOT arrive. It took two calls to their customer service the next day to get satisfaction. I had to go through the story with reps three times before I finally got a refund, but not until they tried to upsell me on taking a credit. Absolutely awful experience, and I've since read many reviews from others who experienced the same poor service. Unfortunately, I didn't check beforehand.

Avas Flowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

Avas Flowers Company Information