1.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Avas Flowers

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

661 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I ordered flowers from Ava’s Flowers because another local florist who couldn’t deliver because of a parade in town recommended them. I thought they were local. I placed my order and repeated the address to the attendant at least 3 times because they weren’t paying attention and got it wrong several times. The flowers never arrived. I didn’t find out for a month. When I called them after getting charged $62+ dollars they tracked down my order and listened to a tape of my order. They sent the flowers to the wrong street address. It was the order taker's fault and they admitted as much. No refund! They offered to give me a discount on a new order. I was stunned and said no. Don’t use them. They are not responsible for their own mistakes. Horrible company!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Was told florist was in New Orleans. Paid a surcharge for flowers because I wanted specific colors with no carnations. A grocery store bouquet for $20 is nicer than the $65 bouquet delivered. Ugly!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Flowers were delivered TWO days late only after I called SIX times to inquire about delivery because their online tracking system did not work. I spent a couple of hours of my time trying to straighten this out. I have NEVER had such an unpleasant experience. I will NEVER do business this AVAS again!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

As soon as I found out that my best friend's sister died, I searched for a flower company that could deliver something to her the same day. Not only did the charges ring up $15 higher at the end but my friend never got her flowers. Here it is two full days later and I told them just to cancel the friggin order and refund my money. The Indian people at the call center were very nice, but seriously?? I wasn't even made aware of a problem until 28 hours after I had placed the order. They told me that what I had ordered wasn't in stock. The man on the phone assured me that they would upgrade my order and something beautiful would get delivered.

Well, next day a full two days after I placed the order I got another phone call telling me the phone number wasn't working for my friend and if I had an alternative location to deliver her order. I told her to refund my money. After waiting on phone for a good 15 minutes, money was refunded to my credit card. I will never use again and would encourage others to never use them! Florists should also run as fast as they can from offering AVAS's service.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I would give ZERO stars, if possible, because Avas Flowers was a complete FAIL. On Sunday, I placed an online order for birthday balloons with Tuesday delivery to my son at the school where he teaches, and paid for "express" service (delivery before 1 PM). At 5:00 PM, I receive an email from customer service, asking me to call concerning the order. It appears that this business cannot fulfill orders to that town, despite the fact they advertise that they serve that area. The customer service operator admitted that YES their website claims that they serve that town, but NO they do NOT in fact have a "designer" in that area.

The alternative she offered were ridiculous. The balloons could be delivered to me (in Missouri) and I could take them to the recipient (in Texas), OR she could give me "store credit" toward a future purchase. I had to demand a refund to my credit card, and it remains to be seen whether that will happen. A reputable business does NOT accept orders that it knows it cannot deliver, immediately charge the credit card, wait two days to unapologetically tell the customer that it cannot deliver, and then balk at refunding the purchase price. FRAUD!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I reiterate everything that has been said before. I wish I had read these reviews before I ordered from them. I ordered a fruit basket and half of the fruit was rotten. I sent an email as suggested. No one ever responded and now they "can't find it." When I called to complain, I was offered a $65.00 credit as if I would ever order from them again. Then, I was offered a 25% refund. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was put on a long hold and they hung up. This is absurd! The flowers were nice, but wilted within a day. There are plenty other national florists out there. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

WOW! I seriously wish I had read the REAL REVIEWS here instead of the reviews on Avas-flowers website. Just take a look. I ordered the Delux option too and put in the coupon code which showed a discount in the check-out but not on my credit card... I attached the receipt. Paid $68.14 for this! I did send an email complaint with the pictures attached as well but no one is getting back to me. What they show on their site and what you get is not "similar as possible, same look and feel" as they say on the site and on your receipt. Wow, just messed up thieves! This beautiful bouquet was for our daughter's first day on her new job.

I thought it would as beautiful if not at least close but really? I could have gone to Giant SuperMarket and bought 2/$9.00 bouquets that would have blown away what they sent and delivered them myself. I am really disappointed!!! Let's see if they ever get back to me. Floral Harmony Option: DELUXE. Similar as possible, same look and feel.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Package arrived with rotten fruit, Avas sent a second package and it was worse than the first. ALL FRUIT was rotten, even some completely moldy, it was smelly and disgusting. Their customer service rep wanted to send a third and kept over talking me, she would not listen until I told her to shut up, her reply was to keep this professional, I stated she should learn to listen.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

This was a very disappointing delivery of flowers. First the florist confirmed delivery of the flowers but they had not arrived. SO my friend who sent them thought my phone call was to thank her for the flowers. I said no... The flowers arrived the next day but they did not ring the bell or knock and if I had not been vigilant in looking for them I would not have known and as it was very poor weather (post hurricane status) there was a possibility that the flowers would be ruined or so I thought. The arrangement arrived in a very tall box (36 in H) and inside were 5 small sunflowers that were in very poor condition. The sunflowers’ stems were 8 inches and the sunflowers were not in full bloom and were 2 in Diameter.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

On Mother's Day I wanted to send flowers to my Daughter-in-Law - they were guaranteed delivery ON Mother's Day. They were NOT delivered on Mother's Day as promised, or as ordered. I decided to give them a second chance to redeem themselves on my granddaughter's birthday. I ordered Carnations because those are her favorite flowers. I was very specific. They didn't send carnations at all. The bouquet was beautiful - BUT - it was NOT what I ordered. There were red roses, and an assortment of other flowers but NO Carnations. I would NOT recommend this business for orders that are important to you - there's no accountability and they really don't care. Again lovely flowers BUT NOT what we ordered.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

So sad. It is my parents 65th wedding ANNIVERSARY and they had recently moved into assisted living in a town that they were not previously living in. I send them flowers several times a year. I google shops in their area and Avas Flowers came up and their website gave great reviews so I placed an order and asked for a morning delivery. They never got the flowers. Please do not order from this company. They are awful!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Last Friday morning I went online at the Avas Flowers website and spent an hour scrolling through the various arrangements to pick out the one that I wanted to send my daughter-in-law after her surgery. I even selected and paid for the upgrade to Premium to ensure that the arrangement would look beautiful. They were to be delivered on Saturday. On Monday I contacted her to see if she had received them. She had not. I contacted Avas Flowers to find out why and was told that the local florist that they contracted with wanted an additional $12 to send the arrangement that I wanted, or they could send a "Designers Choice". I had a difficult time understanding what the representative was saying (likely being handled overseas) but the bottom line was they would not fulfill my order unless I paid them more, or they could let the florist that was trying this bait-and-switch scheme decide on what my daughter-in-law received.

Last I checked, that was extortion, and that's illegal. Furthermore, why would I let someone who is trying to extort money from me make any decision for me? I asked to speak to a supervisor but, of course, one was not available. I even asked for the name of the florist with which they have the contract with but they wouldn't give that info either. I finally told them to cancel the order and refund my money. Just to make sure their accounting office knows, I contacted my bank and filed a request to reverse the charge on my credit card. Then I went online to find the name of their corporate offices and sent them a complaint as well. And now I am here, trying to help the next victim who thinks ordering from Avas Flowers will be an acceptable option avoid the terrible ordeal I went through. To be fair, I have used Avas Flowers two other times and was pleased, but 2 out of 3 is a really bad record for a consumer goods business.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I wish they could get a zero! I did not see these low reviews until after my experience. When I first Googled I saw 4.7 and now realize they were probably fake. Some it was advertising reviews. I ordered my daughter flowers in another state for her 25th. Delivery was not successful and she was told to pick up the flowers the following day. I chose the location on the Internet based on the ZIP Code thinking it was close to her home. When she went to pick up the flowers the next day the drive was 35 to 40 minutes and when she got to the location which was at a hospital she found out that the flower shop closed at 4 PM. I had no idea that it close that early from what I read online. Most people do not get off that early and she darn sure does not.

It took me two days on the phone to get my refund which is still pending. My email states that it will take up to 10 days to get my refund. Therefore this company is making money with our interest while we wait. It is by far the worst experience in ordering flowers that I have ever had! My daughter was so frustrated she doesn't even want flowers which is very upsetting to me! Please please please do not even try this flower shop. They should be closed down for fraud!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I live in Dayton and rely on good representations of a product when ordering out of town. I sent flowers to my daughter Dr. Sarah ** to her office for her birthday today. I am extremely embarrassed how this $107.00 "Premium bouquets" turned out. It was poorly arranged, did not have the amount of flowers as depicted in the pictures, and I did not receive an invoice email as promised. You will NEVER get my business again.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My nightmare with this company is about as bad as other reviews read here. They manipulate prices, create "discounts" that they do not honor, and, online, show you charges that are only a part of what they finally soak you for. Stay away!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Horrible experience getting my refund for flowers they never delivered. They tried to blame the local floral shop. They claim to be local, but outsourced my order. Now I cannot get them to stop emailing me with coupons and promotions. They never call back, and staff cannot answer simple questions.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017
    I ordered the nice fall arrangement before noon for same day delivery. I received a call at 304pm stating some flowers need to be substituted but the arrangement would be upgraded. I reluctantly agreed as it was too late to find another same day delivery. 30 minutes later, I received a second call stating the vase I ordered wasn't available. In the 2nd call I found out this was not a local shop as advertised and was not given the local shop name. At this time I pulled up the reviews. I called several local shops until I found the one fulfilling the order. She stated she refused the order at noon when it came in due to not having any of those flowers.

They waited over 3 hours to notify me. See pics for ordered vs delivered.

The recipient texted a pic and I could not believe they called that an upgrade from the $64 original order. I emailed then called customer service. The first solution was to pick up the flowers and make another the next day. Is flower repo a real thing? Crazy! Like everyone else, I get offered the 10% off and that good feeling that comes with sending flowers is replaced by regret for not having checked the reviews. I've refused the discount and insisted instead of punishing the local shop, they waive their $15 handling fee. I'm still waiting for a callback.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I ordered flowers to be delivered for my sister's birthday 2 days in advance of her day. I called her at 4:00 on her birthday and was told that she had not gotten flowers! Avas did not call her or me about this. I called their customer service and was told that they had no one in my sister's area although there are several FTD florist in her town! The best that they could do is deliver flowers tomorrow... NOT on her birthday. I will never use them again!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I ordered a funeral arrangement on September 5th to be delivered September 9, 2017 for my best friend's mother who had passed away. She loved lavender so I picked an arrangement from the "lavender group". I upgraded from a standard to a deluxe arrangement. I paid extra for a lavender ribbon. The container was to be lavender in color. The arrangement made it to the funeral home but I could not find it. When I asked where it was I was directed to the organ AWAY from all the other arrangements/sprays, etc. That definitely was not an upgraded version of what I was told I would be receiving. I asked specifically if it would be LAVENDER roses and was told yes, that is why they called it the LAVENDER COLLECTION. Well, the roses were pale pale pink with dark pink edges, NO NO NO Lavender roses anywhere. The container was to be lavender... It was a dark grey/black and there was NO LAVENDER ribbon that I paid extra for.

Needless to say, I was embarrassed by the size and the fact it was NOT what I had ordered. When I called, like so many of the other reviews I've been reading, the MAIN number only listens to you and then immediately apologizes and offers a 10% refund. THIS IS SO VERY UNACCEPTABLE!!! I WOULD LIKE A FULL REFUND. This was a very special lady I wanted to remember and I doubt that tiny arrangement even made it out of the funeral home. It probably was mistaken for a small arrangement they might have already had in the funeral home??? Like everyone else, I wished I had read the reviews before ordering! I would never ever have considered ordering from Avas.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Ordered flowers for same day delivery on Friday. Received a call that flowers and container weren't available but they would arrange to still be beautiful. As of Saturday they still weren't delivered. Call to customer service who would call local florist to find out issue and advice. Never received call or email back. Three calls to customer service in the evening, transferred to supervisor voicemail, disconnected call and another call that met with no resolve and I would have to call back again Monday to discuss full refund. This is not a local business at all! Now I will contact my cc company to cancel the charge and report to Better Business Bureau. After all of these horrible reviews it is amazing they are still allowed to be in business. Never again will I order from Avas Flowers.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I ordered flowers, early in the morning. I was assured more than once the flowers would be delivered that day. I said it was necessary otherwise I would go somewhere else. Sent me emails to track and it said it would be delivered that day. The recipient was in the hospital and at 8 o'clock at night told me no flowers had ever been delivered.

I had called throughout the day to make sure. I was lied to by a manager telling me it was going to be delivered. Never was. It was practically impossible to Cancel the order. They kept refusing to do it telling me they would deliver it on Monday and this was a Saturday. I had to have a complete fit on a 30-minute phone call to get a cancellation number. This is a scam operation. Do not use them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Ordered a beautiful flower arrangement for my sister. What she got was embarrassing to me, but apparently since the company got their money they dont care. They offered a 10% refund which doesn't even cover delivery cost. These people are awful, and definitely you have to lie and say you are ordering something to even talk to customer service. I was hung up on 4 times. Bottom is what I ordered, top is what she received in picture below

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I ordered flowers for a dear friend's funeral. The flower arrangement I ordered was no way similar or as they say in their disclosure "may be different depending on the florist interpretation but the overall feel will be preserved" (not exact wording but close enough). I was embarrassed to know that these flowers were a representation of me and expression of my love. The flowers arrangement was so different that I had to look at all the wreaths cards to see which was mine. On the images I have included what the flower arrangement should look like.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

1st, I tried to order by phone, which had already taken 35 min. of my time. The person on the other end was not well-trained and I was disconnected. I called back and was told I had to start over again with my order. That should have told me not to use them. I then went ahead and ordered online. The recipient of my order sent me a text of the flowers I had ordered. I was in utter shock! After all the add on costs and a total of $80 for the DELUXE version, she received a cheap arrangement that I would have spent $20 on, had I ordered it in person. This place is a rip-off! DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS IN CLAYTON, NC.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I ordered flowers on 09/01/17 and was guaranteed a 09/02/17 delivery for my friend's 80th birthday. I then received a call on 09/04/17 stating that flowers had not been delivered with no good reason and was asked to change my order so that it could be delivered on 09/05/17 which was AFTER my friend's birthday. I agreed, but then received a call on 09/08/17 stating that my flowers STILL had not been delivered. The CSR offered free delivery for tomorrow (which their site already offered free delivery) and a miserly 10% discount. Wow, color me unimpressed and irate with the horrible service. I cancelled my order.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Do NOT order from Avas Flowers. I paid $80 for what appears to be handpicked flowers from someone's backyard in an ugly vase with no bow. As you can see from the pictures, it's not even the same flowers or even the same color scheme let alone anywhere near as full as what I ordered. I paid for the "DELUXE" arrangement. I'd sure hate to what the standard version looks like! I called and emailed and they had the nerve to tell me that they needed to come and pick up the horrible arrangement that they delivered and inconvenience my parents and further embarrass me in order to credit my account. Worst customer service ever! How is this place still in business! They are scamming everyone that orders from them!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was attempting to send sympathy flowers to an area in Illinois with which I am not familiar. I searched online for floral deliveries near the intended zip code, and found http://www.avasflowers.net. I placed an order online and was promised delivery by noon the next day, the day of the funeral. The day that the flowers were to be delivered, I received a text that there is a problem with my order and to call the number provided. I called, reached a call center, and was offered a next day delivery with little explanation as to why they were unable to complete the delivery as planned.

Obviously, that would not have worked, as the funeral was that day. When I asked for a refund, the call center rep said that was not possible. After a heated debate, and his refusal to escalate my call to a manager, he agreed to a refund. He sent me a bogus confirmation e-mail that the order was canceled and a refund was to be issued with no cancellation number. When prompted, he provided me with one verbally. As of 9 days later, the refund was not processed. This company is a sham. Do NOT use it.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I ordered the Butterfly Fields Bouquet (BFFF1X-P) premium on 9/4/17 at 16:59 their time I ordered. This was for a family member's funeral that was killed in a car accident. Flowers were to be delivered next day 9/5/17. Never were. Instead they called my husband. Did not ask for cardholder of payment which was me. Several times lady with accent tried to say he said it was okay to replace with a dozen of white roses or colored rose bouquet totally incomparable to what I paid. Totally unacceptable. They did not even speak to me the payee of the flowers to begin with. So very unprofessional. I do know mistakes are made. This should have been put on hold until they could reach me (the payee) or I could reach them and they should have offered an apology of mix up.

I even tried to contact to modify the order later that evening when I got home from work 9/5/17 and did not get the email and then tried to contact company and could not get through till mid-morning 9/6/17 and when I did they said it was already delivered which it has not. A call was also to be made to me when the flowers were delivered. Well it is 9/6/17 and after 6:30 PM and still no delivery confirmation. NOT A LOCAL service either. Suppose to be SATISFACTION Guaranteed... TOTAL RIPOFF. I would give this company a minus score if one was offered. I even contacted the BBB. I have copies of my receipts and whenever these flowers do get delivered I have the recipient notified to take pics and she knows this is not was to be sent.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Do not buy anything from this florist. I requested a basket of African Violets and specifically said no other plants. I had my daughter in law take a picture of the basket. There was one small African Violet with other plants around it. Very unattractive and not what I ordered. I called to complain and they said the designer has discretion on how and what she designs. So, I paid $85 for one Violet basically. Terrible customer service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

If I could rate this company with zero stars, I would!!! My overall experience was HORRIBLE, to say the least. The initial ordering process was smooth and gave me reassurance that my flowers would be ordered on a very important day (my military retirement) for a very important event (retirement ceremony where I'd give flowers to my wife, mother, mother-in-law and sisters). I even paid extra to have them delivered prior to 11 am that morning. At 1045 that morning, I called Avas Flowers to figure out where my flowers were since I had to leave at 11. I was disconnected. I called again and was disconnected again. Finally, needing to leave for my ceremony, my sister took over and she too was disconnected two times. Eventually, she was told that the order had been canceled THAT MORNING and that someone had tried to call. That is complete BS, since my call record clearly shows that there were no attempted calls that morning.

Long story short, my buddy had to go to a damn grocery store to get flowers for the most important day of my military career. It was an absolute joke to deal with any of the representatives after the initial order since it became readily apparent that they were hanging up on me because they didn't want to give me the bad news that the order was cancelled (apparently because the local flower shop said the distance was too far... They couldn't have figured that out the week prior when I ordered the damn flowers!).

Hands down, it was THE WORST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE I have ever experienced with any company, and I will NEVER do business with Avas Flowers again. They should be ashamed of themselves for such a horrible business - I will do whatever I can to go out of my way to ensure that nobody else in the Clarksville area ever does business with Avas Flowers again. The company cover is just a huge middle-man trying to make a buck and screwing the customers in the process. Take it from me - do whatever you can to go the complete opposite direction and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.
    • Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.
    • Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.
    • Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.
    • Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.
    • Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs