2.70/5
Based on 1,432 ratings submitted in the last year

1739 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Photo shows bouquet advertised vs. delivered. Before placing order, I called customer service to ask if they had the white orchids in stock, because I was only willing to pay this higher price IF the arrangement was as seen and described, with white orchids. Recipient is Hawaiian and lives far from home. I wanted her to have a winter/Christmas blast of the tropics by sending her those white orchids. I was assured by phone rep that the arrangement would include white orchids and NOT have any substitutions.

After seeing friend's photo of actual bouquet she received, I felt it was an epic fail and called customer service to complain. Agent was kind and tried to help, but said that the designer was closed since it was a Sunday. I was asked to send an email with my request and include the photo. When we hung up, I was starting that email, then received a call from a manager at Avas Flowers who said it would be corrected and the RIGHT arrangement with the white orchids would be delivered to my friend today, on a Sunday before Christmas. That is more than I was expecting, so I have to change my rating from 1 star to 4 stars. Will I use Avas Flowers again in the future? Maybe, but I am pleased in the end that they are willing to acknowledge their error and make it right. Delivery area was Potomac, Maryland.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I ordered flowers from Avas for my daughter's birthday. After I had placed the order, I noticed a lot of bad reviews about Avas so I was a little concerned. Fortunately, I had an excellent experience with Avas! The flowers were delivered when they were supposed to be and the arrangement was gorgeous! My daughter loved them! Don't know what happened with the people who have written the bad reviews about Avas, but I had a very good experience. The only negative thing I would say is that while they advertise "free delivery", at the end of the order a charge of $15.95 was added and while they don't call that a delivery charge, it adds $15.95 to your order for who knows what. I think that is a little misleading. Otherwise I was very happy with the service and the flowers, and I would not hesitate to order from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I phoned in my order. The employee I spoke with was kind and patient, not pushy at all. I like that! Nowadays it seems everyone is in a hurry, pushy and even rude on the phone, but not at Avas Flowers. The person I spoke with was wonderful and helped me choose which flower arrangement was appropriate for the occasion. The flowers were delivered on time. I phoned the day before I needed the flowers delivered, which is customary. The flower arrangement was truly breathtaking! The flowers were healthy and fresh. Avas Flowers did a wonderful job, and I couldn't be happier! I have saved Avas Flowers into my personal directory, because I will only go to Avas for any future floral purchased. I trust Avas Flowers. Their prices are reasonable too! Other florists in my estimation are way overpriced. You get more bang for your buck at Avas Flowers!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Ordered four hours for my wife for Valentine’s Day. They turned out all right on time. They were terrific. Thanks Avas. She love the flowers and she will never forget that moment. Thank you Avas. You will always get my business.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Arrangement delivered was something I would never purchase had I seen it. Upon review the arrangement matched up to their “recipe”. That being said, their bar is shockingly low. When you purchase from these folks and find the same disappointment as I, you now only have yourself to blame. Pathetic!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Found Avas flowers online when I searched for a florist in the small town where my Mom had surgery. Little did I know they were some sort of third party. I thought something was fishy when I ordered a $60 arrangement and that ended up being just over $100! When I asked them how that happened they itemized a card, ribbon and some sort of service fee. (Although it said free delivery.) I should have stopped right there but my Mom was in the hospital for the night and I wanted her to have flowers.

Later in the day I get this cryptic email saying that they need to confirm some details on my order and to please call them. (They had my phone number. I had no idea why they didn't just call me right away!) Turns out they "couldn't find a florist in the area to complete the order". (I now wonder if florists just won't work with them.) Did I want to have flowers delivered to her house instead. No, I stated, I really wanted them delivered to the hospital so please just cancel my order. I had to tell the rep at least 3 times that I wanted my order cancelled and he kept on trying to convince me to just have them delivered later to her house (she lives in an even smaller town so I highly doubt this would have happened either). Finally he relented and said he would cancel the order and send me an email confirmation of the cancellation. No email was received. 3 days later I got a refund for everything except for their $19 service fee! Currently fighting them on that.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Too bad there is not a ZERO star option. Over $100 spent of funeral flowers and THEY ARE AWFUL AND NOTHING LIKE THE PHOTO. We even personally called THREE times PRIOR to delivery to very that there would be STARGAZERS and LILIES in the arrangement. We were told of course! The was similar to the $9.99 arrangement available from Walmart. What I find more amazing is that the young lady that answers the phone has NO supervisor she apparently reports only to the CEO. Very rude and non-caring. This was a horrible experience and we are upset that this was the one arrangement the family asked for.....

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I ordered flowers online for same day delivery. The company called and said they would not be delivered until 2 days later. However, the delivery had not been made 5 days later. I called and their customer service rep was horrible. Not helpful at all. Was assured someone would call me within 48 hours. So I followed up with an email with an automated response that it would take 8 days to get an actual response. I then called 2 days later to try and track down the flowers I ordered. Horrible experience. Do not waste your time. Pick another company.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

Florist fresh, same day delivery, excellent customer service, great prices... all a bunch of hogwash. I ordered flowers on Tuesday morning for Tuesday afternoon delivery. Tuesday afternoon, I was notified that the flowers I wanted were being substituted for something similar. Ok. Then, later on Tuesday I was notified my delivery wouldn't be until Wednesday (so I logged in and changed my message, as it was no longer relevant since the delivery would be later) and they were "upgrading" me to completely different flowers (which although nice, were NOTHING like what I had ordered) and if I had questions to please contact them. I had some questions, and I actually wanted to cancel my order.

The customer service person I spoke with told me that they were upgrading my bouquet and I should be happy. Ultimately, the upgraded flowers, though lovely are not something I or the recipient like. So therefore, as lovely as they are, are not an upgrade. I wanted to cancel. That's not going to be an option, "I'm sorry" is what I was told. I pressed. Finally, I could cancel at a $15 fee. I would still be charged the service fee. SERIOUSLY? After 20 minutes of discussion, I may have gotten very frustrated. I was told that I could have the fresh flowers delivered on Thursday, and they would be almost exactly what I had originally ordered. The local florist was receiving a delivery on Thursday. FINE, I'll take them Thursday.

Fast forward to Wednesday afternoon, I receive a UPS tracking number. I don't think much of it. Until Thursday when I don't see any notification of my delivery being delivered. I call. I'm instantly transferred to another department - delivery. Who, doesn't answer so I'm dumped back to customer service. Who proceeds to tell me that, "Oh, I'm sorry the flowers will be delivered Friday." WHAAAT? I ordered same day delivery for TUESDAY! I had finally come to terms with delivery on Thursday, getting the flowers I had wanted. BUT NOW, not only am I not getting flowers to a dear friend on Tuesday, when she really could have used them. I'm getting SHIPPED flowers FRIDAY... maybe.

I asked for a partial refund. "I'm sorry ma'am, we can't do that." Excuse me?!! Needless to say, after almost another 30 minutes on the phone, I got absolutely nowhere, they tried to tell me I changed the delivery address (absolutely did not), and that they could do NOTHING for me. I've never experienced such awful customer service. What a sham. Avas Flowers offers local, fresh flower delivery, and same day as well as excellent customer service. I received NONE of these things. This is awful. Spend the extra 5 minutes and find a local florist to work with, DO NOT use these folks. They say they are family owned. Yeah, maybe at one time years ago. Now, they are another crappy online retailer who has no care about their customers. A whole lot of BS, wasted time, and frustration. I thought flower shops actually cared about people. They are in the business of making people feel better. HA. Not Avas.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

My husband and I learned our daughter passed her Nursing Board exam and wanted to send her a beautiful arrangement to her at work to celebrate this milestone. I reviewed the options and came across an arrangement mixed with roses and daisies (among a few other spring flowers). I chose the deluxe version and placed the order. It was HOURS before I received any kind of confirmation, and that was only after spending 20 plus minutes on the phone trying to speak with a human. After the flowers were FINALLY delivered, my daughter sent me a picture and I immediately emailed customer service to express our dissatisfaction. The flowers did not appear to be professionally arranged, and in fact, I certainly could have done a better job. To my amazement they immediately responded, but offered nothing to rectify the situation. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs