1.1/5 (155 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: May 11, 2022

They (over) charge to $25 dollars to call a local florist. The flowers that are delivered and not the same as ordered. Please consult #AvasFlowers on Facebook and see the reviews. The website claims to have 5 stars but, I think they are lying.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I ordered Mother’s Day flowers from Avas. The confirmation email stated that my flowers would be delivered 5/6-5/8. The flowers were delivered two days AFTER Mother’s Day. The order was over $100. I would have rather given that sale to a small business that actually cared about their customers. If at all possible, avoid any purchase through Avas - they don’t deserve your money.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2022

Avas Flowers are the worst company! They overcharge and then a day after the flowers were supposed to be delivered they send a message saying that they are unable to process for delivery! I even paid extra for FEDEX delivery. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2022

I ordered a Mother’s Day Vase with Tulips for my 93 year old mother. I requested they be delivered the day before. Today is Mother’s Day, 8:00pm and still not delivered!! Makes me so angry. Never again!

Original review: May 8, 2022

If you don't believe any reviews on this site, believe this one. I sorely wish I could leave a no-star review, because I would. My 16-year old son is living out of state right now and tried to order me flowers for our first Mother's Day apart. He got absolutely screwed out of $80 of his own money because he found this camel fodder company who advertised themselves as "local", didn't deliver any flowers, and texted him last night at 11 pm that his order could not be fulfilled. GARBAGE INDIVIDUALS WHO SCREW PEOPLE and have the gumption to tell me to ** off when I called them.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Do not use this outfit, ordered Mothers Day flowers on 4/18 to be delivered on the Friday prior to Mothers Day and it’s Saturday night and NOTHING! The Customer service lady will string you along and then they are closed. ;(

Original review: May 6, 2022

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! On April 19, I ordered flowers to be delivered to Bellville, Texas for a funeral I could not attend. I googled "florists in Bellville" and their company pops up very misleadingly. I realized that no matter what town you type in their website, it pops up with the wording "Bellville (whatever town you type in) Flowers- Family Owned and Operated." This by itself is highly misleading. On the day of the funeral, I received a notice stating the flowers had been successfully delivered. I only found out they were not because a friend was in attendance and was able to confirm they were not there. Once I realized this, I called the company and a customer representative assured me her "lead florist" had hand-delivered them to the funeral director. I immediately filed a complaint with American Express, and they refunded my money.

Today, May 6, (16 days after the order was placed and after receiving a delivery confirmation), I received a notice from Avas Flowers that they would be refunding my money because "they were unable to fulfill the requested delivery". I am confident this would not have happened if I had not filed a complaint with American Express. If my friend had not been at the funeral, they could have easily claimed (as they did) that the flowers had in fact, been delivered. I can't imagine how many times they get away with this.

Original review: May 5, 2022

DO NOT BUY!!! This has been horrible. I don’t live in the same state as my mom so I tried to find local delivery. First of all, it said they are “local and family owned for 30 years” lies. They use other local people to make bouquets. When I tell you nothing was the same as I ordered: NOTHING was the same. I spent $90 and for what?! I could have made a bouquet look better for $15 at Publix!! Then I called and I got the generic repetitive “sorry for the inconvenience” talk from someone who didn’t seem to care. Then they offer to refund me… For $10… $10 even though I spent $90. That is not a refund. That’s pity change for someone who got scammed.

They should not be in business. I’ll attach a photo. I picked the as shown product. And instead I got something 1/4 the size, incorrect flowers, incorrect colors, wrong vase, wrong quality and size. Heck the water was probably not real water for all I know. Don’t buy from here. You’re better off doing what I had to do round two!!! Getting a Shipt driving to go to Publix and get a bouquet and hand deliver it. (Way cheaper too). Good luck. Hopefully you look at reviews before you buy like I unfortunately failed to do this round.

Original review: May 3, 2022

They advertise as being local and they are not. I ordered flowers to be sent to one of my employees for her birthday. 10 minutes after I placed the order online they called my cell to tell me they don't have a florist that can deliver to that address. They wanted my employee's home address, which I refused to give. How they could find someone to deliver to that address and not the business makes zero sense to me. I immediately asked for a refund. She said she couldn't do that and they would upgrade the bouquet. I said no. After going round and round for 15 minutes (with someone that spoke terrible English), they finally agreed to refund the money. We will see if that happens. Stay clear of this place and the hassle that you will get!

Original review: May 2, 2022

I bought a bouquet from Ava’s to be delivered on my aunt's birthday. I spent a lot of money on the bouquet, yet I still had to pay an additional $10.00 delivery fee and $24.00 “service fee”. Even after charging all that extra money and promising same-day delivery, they still failed to deliver the bouquet on the date that was promised. I’m sure you can get a much better value at another place, I recommend going somewhere else, unless you want a bad experience.

Avas Flowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

Avas Flowers Company Information