1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1320 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Ordered arrangement on Saturday, Feb. 9th. Delivered on Sunday, Feb. 10th. Delivery person didn’t ring doorbell, just left on porch. Monday, Feb. 11th friend texted picture of arrangement received. Not at all as pictured in website. Contacted Avas Flowers via their contact form and by phone with pictures of arrangement. Received an email from them on Tuesday, Feb. 12th offering 10% off and $10 store credit. I emailed them later that day declining their offer and wanted a replacement arrangement sent. Received an email later stating that a delivery was made. Checked with my friend, she said no new delivery made. Contacted Avas Flowers daily via email (response to their email offer) and by phone.

I finally get in touch with customer service vis phone on Saturday, Feb. 16th. Customer service representative said, “The arrangement received is as website picture. It contains the same “recipe” of flowers as the website. This case is closed as the $10 store credit has been applied to your account. I am looking at it as we speak!” I said, “The 10% has not been applied to my credit card and I have declined this offer and asked for a replacement arrangement as stated in your customer satisfaction policy. I requested a replacement arrangement within 24 hours as indicated in your policy! I am not satisfied with the arrangement as well as the delivery service! I have been patient in trying to rectify this issues and have gotten ignored all week. I would like $30 off my credit card bill because I will not be ordering from this company again!” She offered $20 off of my credit card. I declined and told her I will be disputing my charge.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

On Valentine’s Day, I received an email saying that an arrangement had been delivered to me, but it had not. I called Avas and was told to call back, as everyone was busy with calls. I received the arrangement the next day and was told that the delivery man had gotten sick and couldn’t finish deliveries the day before. I shouldn’t have, but I accepted the delivery. I didn’t realize until I looked at Avas’ website and saw that what my husband had ordered was not what I received. I wish my husband had looked at reviews before ordering, but he thought he was buying from a local florist. This is understandable because Avas comes up first in a Google search of local florists. We will never deal with Avas again. They are not trustworthy and certainly are unethical. Expensive lesson learned.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I placed an online order for Valentine's Day for an arrangement to be delivered to my daughter at her job. She lives in NYC. I followed up with a phone call where I spoke to Manny a customer service rep to make sure they would be delivered by 5:30 pm and I would pay extra if need be. He assured me they would be delivered. Well it is now February 16th and still no flowers. They never called me or emailed me to say they were not delivered. I have tried to get through to customer service to no avail and my emails did not go through. This has been a nightmare... I would never ever use this unprofessional inconsiderate florist. At this point I feel like I have been stuck up... Scammed online . I hope others read this before they have a horrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I’m reading a lot of bad reviews on here that describe my experience. They promised delivery on Vday. Then I get an invoice that expected delivery two days after. Called 5 or 6 times and it prompted me for a return phone call the next day. When I finally got a hold of a customer support person they put me on hold and then they marked the ticket resolved. I ordered them on Wednesday the 13th and it’s Saturday the 16th. Still no flowers. Honestly, it’s not worth it to me to keep trying. It’s been an expensive lesson learned that I hope to prevent any of you from even trying.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I spent $142 on February 13th to have roses delivered on February 14th. After I submitted my order I received an email that said they would not be able to deliver until the 15th because that particular Arrangement was not available at that time but could deliver on the 15th. I called back and spend another $141 for another Arrangement that was supposedly available and could be delivered on the 14th.

Every time you call the number to talk to someone they transfer you to an automated system that tells you all people are busy and the computer says type in your number for call back. After you type in the number it says call back is not available. Every time you call it's at least 15 minutes wait before anyone picks up from the first number and same wait time for a computer on the second number. I called another florists to send an arrangement the day after Valentine's Day. Avas flowers is an absolute 100% scam. It's a company based out of New Jersey. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

This company is a sham. Do not buy from this company. My order was not even close to what I purchased. Flowers were dead. Buyer beware... Please for your own good, stay away from this company. Walmart is better with flowers.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I wish I would have read the reviews before ordering from Avas Flowers. Ordered flowers for Valentine's Day delivery. Received email confirmation that flowers were delivered. They were not. Then received a text later that they were just delivered. They were not. We received a phone call at 6:30 from the driver trying to deliver the flowers. My wife and everyone in the office had already left for the day. Tried for 3 days (including Valentine's Day) to call Avas, but couldn't get through. When I finally got through, I spoke to an unsympathetic person over the phone (he must have been receiving these types of calls all day) who would only offer a partial refund - but couldn't tell me how much. Buyer beware! Order flowers from Avas at your own risk.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Ordered Valentine flowers on 2/13/19 for 2/14/19 and they were not delivered. I checked status again and it now read to be delivered 2/15/19. It wasn't. Status now says will deliver 2/16/19. We'll see. I tried calling but stayed on an eternal wait. Finally gave up. They offer a call me back option but after confirming my number it said that service was unavailable. They offer free delivery but add a service fee, in my case $29. If I cancel or return my purchase I am still charged for the $29 service fee, plus they can charge you a 50% restocking fee. Obviously I will never do business again.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

If I could give Avas Flowers zero stars, I would. I ordered flowers for my uncle's memorial service with very clear instructions on the church, the time of the service and when they should arrive. I ordered the flowers 36 hours in advance. They arrived 3 hours after the service concluded!! I should have found these reviews ahead of time and would never have used this company. I plan to dispute the charges and will find every website I can to review them with as few stars as I can.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My husband called Avas flowers on February 13 and asked if one dozen yellow roses could be delivered to me at work that day. He was told that they could fill his request for yellow roses, and that they would arrive at my workplace in 2-3 hours. When he double checked that they knew the address, he was told yes, they knew right where we were. The roses never showed up that day, and he was disappointed when I came home empty handed. The next day he told me that he had ordered something for me for Valentine's Day, and asked me to call to see if it was there. I was more than a little annoyed as I was not scheduled to work that day, or the next, and it would mean having to drive 40 miles round trip to pick up my gift, and I really had other things to do. But he was so disappointed that I decided to just do it.

As it turned out, there was no need, and it was a good thing I called, because they never arrived on the 14th either. David called and was told "they're on the truck, and will be there in 2-3 hours". Sound familiar? So now it's the 15th, and I call my work and leave a message to call if they come in. Dave calls Avas again, is put on hold for about 15 minutes, and gets cut off. Now he's more mad than disappointed. So I take the numbers and come home because he's also trying to work while dealing with this nonsense.

I call, finally get someone, who "checks", and tells me, and you can't make this up... "They're on the truck and will be there in 2-3 hours". I tell him we've heard this before, and that we just want a refund. He says he can't do that because they are "already on the truck, and being delivered", but that they have credited us $19.80 for our inconvenience. Where they came up with that amount I have no idea, but they had charged us $99.09 for the roses, so that still leaves $79.29 for flowers we still haven't gotten. I checked with the bank who told me to file a dispute with the company, and if that isn't resolved they would take it from there. I emailed them, and a few hours later got a call from work that the roses had arrived.

So I drove the 40 miles round trip to pick them up, and boy am I glad I did. There was a box, with a vase, and two dozen faded pink roses (2 doz since they apparently didn't have yellow after telling Dave they did) with a vase. I figured they'd be in tubes with a little water... NO, just 2 dozen poor sad faded roses with bare stems in a box that had presumably been shipped 3 days earlier. There was also a card which he dictated, and they totally screwed up. "Happy valentine day I love you soooo much, aLL my best days." What??? How about a capital V on Valentine(s) day, and days??? Um...maybe DAVE??? I brought the roses home, put them in warm water with flower food, and hope they rally enough to get a couple of days out of them. And...we will NEVER order from AVAS again. (Nor will anyone at the bank, the store I work at, the store Dave works at, or anyone we encounter).

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered Valentine's Day flowers. Never delivered. Their Website has wonderful star ratings which is FALSE if you google their true ratings online (I unfortunately believed their false ratings displayed on their website, and it wasn't until later I discovered how bad they are really). All their website's "Contact us" links do not work. You will be unable to reach them in a timely manner on the phone (they don't answer, or they put you 'On Hold' and forget you, or they say they will call you back but never will). AVOID THEM! SCAMMERS! Then they will only give store credit... I'm fighting for a refund and contacting my credit card company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

ONE STAR ONLY BECAUSE THEY REQUIRE IT TO SUBMIT!!! I called the day before Valentine's Day, after searching for a 'florist in Pasadena, CA'. I should have known to hang up when it took about 25 rings to get an answer, but unfortunately I did not. My first question was 'am I in time to get flowers delivered tomorrow?' The girl on the other end of the phone assured me there was plenty of time. I ordered an arrangement and even upgraded to candy and balloons. My wife is in Pasadena on business and I am in Riverside, so this was an important transaction for me. We got through the order and the woman asks what time my wife is off work so they get there in time? I tell her 3:30 pm, in order to be sure the flowers are there well before she is actually off at 6 pm. She says 'great, we will have them there by 2 pm.'

We complete the transaction and I get a confirmation email almost immediately with the order, an order number and other details on how to contact Avas. The next day I'm a little nervous when I don't get a confirmation by 2 pm, 3 pm, 4 pm or 5 pm. Finally, at 5:45 pm I get confirmation that the flowers were delivered at 5:36 pm. My wife calls me to say goodnight at 9:30 pm and I ask her about the flowers. Guess what? She never got any flowers! Her work location has multiple cameras so she has her night manager review video for the 1 in front and back of the time stated the flowers arrived. No surprise, they were never delivered.

I have tried the customer service number several times, only to be put on hold for about 8 minutes. Then I am told that the only way to get through to customer service is to schedule a call-back. The first time I ignore this hoping to get through, but after a few minutes the attendant voice says "sorry, I did not get your reply, goodbye" and hangs up. I call back and this time choose the call-back option. The automated voice says "sorry, call-back is not available at this time" and hangs up on me again! The people belong in jail, not out there taking our money and screwing up our events (funerals, memorials, weddings, etc). I hope someone gets as hot about this as I am so we can get someone arrested and have fraud charges filed. This is **.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered for a flower bouquet with Red, White & You option and 6 balloons to be delivered to my girlfriend on the Valentine's Day as a surprise to her. I ordered well before time and she did not get the bouquet and balloons. Check Status reveals that it was delivered, but nobody received it. I tried to call the customer care (877-638-3303) like 5 times since yesterday. I even sent an email but I don't know where the bouquet and balloons are. It is February 15, 2019 and my girlfriend is still yet to receive her Valentine's Day gift. Very disappointed with the experience. Don't know if I'll get a refund (since it cost me $100).

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Flowers ordered on 13th by cutoff date. Flowers not received 14th. Flowers not received 15th. Cannot reach anyone. Cannot leave my number for a callback. But they sure did take their $$$. Do not waste your money or time.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Never use this company. Ordered flowers on Feb. 7th to be delivered on the 14th. No flowers, no callback, emails are bouncing back, can't talk to anyone. 53.00 gone?? I'm pissed. How am I supposed to get money back??

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My boyfriend ordered me flowers on V-day and it was suppose to be a surprise. Well 2 days later and still no flowers. I've checked the order online and it just says out for delivery but can give me a time or nothing. I've called customer service and I can't get ahold of no one. It says that I have to give a callback number and I do and it tells me that they can't call me back and hangs up on me. I've called the sales number because of course they pick it up and they give me the same information as I get when I look up the order number. The one salesperson told me to write an email because it will be quicker. Well guess what, I did and it says that it will take 5 business days for them to get back with me. I would not recommend to order from this place!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered flowers for my mother's birthday and Valentine's day. Called all day on the day of delivery and kept getting hung up on. Called the next day and kept getting hung up on. I called to make an order and got a live person immediately. They would just transfer me and I would get hung up on again. I can't even seem to get a refund. I also emailed them multiple times with no response. Flowers cost me $122.27. I am still waiting for my refund and my mother got no gift.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I made an order online on 02/12/19 to be deliver on 02/14/19. They never showed up to my wife's office. Delivery was never made and now am trying to connect with someone to get a refund and they don't answer phone calls. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I was looking for a local florist to deliver Valentine's Day flowers to my wife. I found Avas Flowers and they appeared to be a local florist in Livonia MI. So on 2/12/19 I ordered the flowers to be delivered on Valentine's Day 2/14/19. Now it's 2/15/19 and the flowers still have not delivered. I contacted their supposed customer service number yesterday afternoon as the flowers had not been delivered.

I got an automated system that kept telling me the flowers were out for delivery. Then when I tried to speak to a live person the system only had an option to have them call me back. But then when I selected that option - their system said the service was unavailable and then it said "Good Bye" and hung up on me. I consider myself internet savvy and I don't typically get taken by scams or bad companies. Unfortunately Avas Flowers got me as I was empty handed last night on Valentine's Day. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY IF YOU DO NOT LIKE GIVING YOUR MONEY TO CROOKS.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ordered flowers for my daughter that were to be delivered between 8 am and noon the next day. I called back after 12:00 pm to ask about the status. I was told delivery doesn't begin until 11 am, so it was impossible for someone to advise me of that particular time slot. I reminded the gentlemen it was he that I spoke with. He hung up on me.

Called back 6 more times and was either hung up on or placed on hold. The last person I spoke with advised that my floral arrangement hadn't been picked up yet, and suggested I contact customer service. Customer service between my husband and I have hung up on us 6 times. They have charged our card $120 and I have no product, no status and no one at customer service taking phone calls. I will call Chase to have my charges reversed. They are a complete nightmare. NO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEIR PROFESSIONAL IS DISMAL.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Scheduled delivery for Valentine's Day. The flowers never arrived, I called 2-15-2019 to see when delivery would take place. I was ok with the day after. The customer service lady said the order was cancelled and would not be delivered but I would be charged a service fee!!! A service fee for what??? I didn't get anything. She said it was policy and when I asked to speak to manager or supervisor she refused and said none were available. I said I would hold, she said no, that none were going to help. Very very rude and unprofessional! Never again will I use Avas and hope others reconsider using them.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Placed order on 2/8/19 for Valentine's Day and still got it a day late and wasn't even close to what I ordered. Spent $112.00 and got an arrangement that looks to be about $10.00. I could have went to Publix and got the same thing!! Customer service is awful, cannot reach anyone at all. So buyer BEWARE!!! I'LL NEVER DO BUSINESS AGAIN WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

So I ordered on Valentine's morning, 9:00 am. Site made no mention of delivery time until checkout, which stated by 7:00 pm. It's now next day afternoon. Customer service is non-existent. Email requests state answers in 4-5 days. Cannot leave a callback number for customer service. Waste of $130.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

DO NOT USE THIS FLOWER COMPANY. Ordered a large Vase of Flowers on 2/4/19 to be delivered on Valentine's day for my gf. The flowers never showed up and in the evening I called their Customer Service Line and after 15 to 20 min on hold each time, got disconnected by their automated system. It said they are experiencing higher than normal call volume, please leave your number and we'll call you back.

Once you leave your number it said this system cannot perform this function at this time, and disconnects. I went through this 5 times yesterday, so like over 90 minutes hold time. I even called and selected a different option like I was ordering flowers. After 8 in I got a live person but they advised they could not assist me, I needed to call Customer Service and transferred me to the same dead end automated system. I tried contacting them again this morning, day after valentines day, and got same results twice. Finally had to dispute the charges with Credit card company. Worse experience I've ever had. Poor Phone System, Bad Customer Service.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have placed several call to the number list on the order confirmation only to be served by an automated system. When the order number is given, I am told that there is no further information available. I couldn't speak to a human being and was told that the "Call Back" feature was unavailable to me. I have put my credit card company on notice that any charges made by Avas Flowers will be disputed. This entire experience has been a joke and if could leave less than one star, I would.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had the worst experience of my life. I scheduled to have flowers delivered 3 days in advance and I called to double check the day of and I was told they would be delivered within 4 hours. That afternoon I called because they were not delivered and they changed my delivery day to 2 day later. Then I tried to get back a hold of them after I was rudely hung up on me, for almost 2 hours then the rushed me off the phone and said the flowers would be delivered by the end of the day. They were not. Then I tried to cancel my order and they said they do not give refund. THE WORST PLACE I'VE EVER DELT WITH. I gave them one star because there is no option for zero. Never would recommend to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered roses for Valentine's Day over two weeks in advance, hoping that amount of lead time would ensure timely delivery. The flowers were not delivered, Valentine's Day is past, and their customer service is not responding to my cancellation request. I do not recommend doing business with this company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I placed a order in the early morning of Valentine's day. I advised the person on the phone that I needed them delivered by a specific time. He told me that he would do his best. The flowers were never delivered. After calling them several times, I could not get through them on the phone. I tried this morning and was advised that they could not be delivered on time, that they would try this morning. I asked to speak to a manager and was advised that she was not available. They are horrible, I would not recommend this florist to ANYONE, they are the worst I have ever dealt with. PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

WORST FLORAL COMPANY EVER. I ordered a 114.94 arrangement for same day delivery on Valentine's Day at 8 am Arizona time. At 1 pm I received a text saying it wouldn't be delivered that day. NO ONE TO CONTACT IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. Then received a text at 7:38 pm saying it was just delivered. BUSINESS CLOSED AT 5 pm.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I ordered Valentine's Day flowers for my wife to be delivered to her school and they were not delivered. When I needed to contact them, their customer service was horrible. You cannot speak to a human when you call. Do not order flowers from here!

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs