1.07/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1184 Avas Flowers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I ordered flowers for a birthday. They were delivered 2.5 hours after I received an email they were delivered. The flowers delivered were AWFUL...nothing near to what I ordered. Still fighting for a refund. The arrangement looks like they grabbed a handful of flowers and smashed them into a vase.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I tried to modify my order online because there is no one answering the phones. But they didn't send the modifying email to facilitate that. So there is no way to contact this company. This is a scam. In fact I changed my credit card number because of them. I don't know if flowers will be forthcoming.

Get expert buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I placed an order at 12 pm on Monday October 29, 2018. I needed this order to arrive on the Monday, October 29th before 3 pm. I choose AVAS Flowers because they advertised same day delivery as long as the order is placed before 2 pm on the same day the delivery is requested. The customer service employee, Charlie, assured me that since the order was placed before 2 pm that it will arrive before 3 or by 3 pm. Charlie even put me on hold to speak with someone to confirm that this request can be accommodated.

The reason it was imperative that it arrive that day was due to a very special surprise and also the recipient only works part-time and leaves by 3 pm each day. I kept checking the AVAS website to track my order and I couldn't access my order. I called after 3 pm and spoke to Daniel who told me that he was able to catch the driver and cancel the delivery for today and move it to tomorrow. I was extremely upset about this. I wanted it to be a surprise and be special and that didn't happen.

At the end of the day I receive the below; "Thank you for using Avas Flowers. We are happy to take care of your floral order for K... Your order was successfully delivered! ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 10/29. ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:39 PM. DRIVER NAME: John. INVOICE NUMBER: **. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: 0000 Vase arrangement of burgundy and White Flowers. Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve your floral needs. We look forward to being your florist of choice in the future!"

I then called AVAS and spoke to another person. I told them that I had called earlier and spoke with Daniel and that he was able to reach the driver and stop the delivery and that a new order would be delivered the next day. This 3rd person I spoke with told me to call back tomorrow and maybe they can refund my money since I paid $60.98 for the arrangement and it wasn't delivered per their confirmation of "by 3 PM" and now it won't be a fresh product nor the surprise I needed it to be.

I contacted my bank and they tried to dispute it (which took a few weeks) but AVAS said they will not refund me my money back. I called AVAS on Saturday, December 15, 2018, which took more than 15 minutes to get someone on the phone to just discuss this matter with. I spoke with a customer service representative who couldn't help me so she put me through to a fella named George whereas she told me that George was a Manager. I explained again, now the 4th time that I spoke to a different employee of AVAS, and he said blatantly that the flowers were delivered on time and the time of delivery on my confirmation, 4:39 PM, was the time the truck returned to the garage.

First of all, AVAS Flowers is just a call center, they just place the orders with a local florist, which I should have went through in the first place and what I will always do moving forward, so there is no way he would know any information on the driver's return. Second of all, it clearly says on the above that the "ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME WAS 4:39 PM. I spoke directly to the recipient and she left her office at 3 PM, and she did not receive the flowers at 3 PM as George claimed. I asked George if he was the Manager in charge and he said he is not a Manager and for me to call in a few hours. I said who do I speak with and he just said again "just call back in a few hours". He was the most unprofessional, rudest, arrogant customer service representative I've ever spoken to. AVAS needs to be "SHUT DOWN". With all the complaints on file with this business, how come they aren't out of business yet?

When I ordered these flowers I was clear in requesting that I needed the same day delivery by 3 pm. If they couldn't accommodate this request, I should have been told right at that moment as there are many other florists that I could have contacted. So now because of their dishonesty, terrible service, untrained and unprofessional employees, I am out $60.98. I would never recommend AVAS Florals. A disappointed and totally unsatisfied customer in Warren County New Jersey. NOTE: the only reason I gave them one star is because I had to, otherwise I would not be able to get this complaint posted.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Made arrangements with this Avas Flowers to deliver a $62 small arrangement by 3:00 that day. Yes they could do it they said. The recipient didn't receive them till two days later - delivered to someone else! This was for a Christmas party - long over! Very upsetting. AND they never emailed, called me to apologize! DO NOT USE THIS FLORIST!!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I ordered a gourmet fruit basket for my ailing mother's 83rd birthday on Monday Dec 10, for a birthday delivery on Dec 13th. I live in Kansas and she lives in North Carolina, and is currently in a rehab center, after being in ICU. I thought fruit would be better instead of flowers. I called her 13th to wish her a happy birthday, and she had not received the basket yet. I called the next morning and still had not received the basket. I finally called the number I ordered, and they said there was nothing they could about it, and it would be delivered soon. She finally got her basket! Well guess what! It had 2 green apples 2 red apples, a nasty pear and a grapefruit the size of an apple. This was an $80.00 basket! No gourmet nothing in this little basket. I am heading to the bank Monday morning, calling the BBB, and the department of aging. Do not order from this company. I hope to get them shut down.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Never again ordering from this company. I wanted my flowers delivered no later than noon today. Ended up getting them delivered at 5pm. I even called before having these flowers delivered to see if they can call me before they’d be delivered and was told they couldn’t. Bought them as a bday delivery and was told by recipient the money I spent wasn’t worth the flowers they delivered. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I ordered flowers for my grandmother’s birthday on 12-13-18. The flowers that were delivered did not look anything like the picture on their website. Once I called them they would only provide a 15.00 refund. I paid 60.00 for the flowers. This experience was more like bait and switch. I will never order flowers from this company again. Please don’t let the cheap prices cause you to waste your time and money!!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

35th anniversary flowers an embarrassment - I waited for months and was so excited to send my wife flowers to her job. I ordered from this company and was so excited until she sent me a picture of the flowers and I was shocked, furious, embarrassed on how small they were. I ordered a large arrangement and received a much smaller arrangement. I was so embarrassed for my wife to receive such at her job in front of her coworkers. And when I called I was offered a 10% off in store credit - like I would order from them ever again - I think not.

They didn’t even try to offer to resend flowers or offer a full or a partial refund. I would caution anyone and everyone to be careful when or if you're brave enough to order from the so called company. 35 years of marriage only to receive such a disappointment and a embarrassing floral arrangement and the company will not even try to make it right - so sad!! And what’s even worse it’s not even been 24 hours and the flowers are wilted, dropping and dying. They look terrible! Please Please don’t waste your hard earn dollars!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

My name is Henrique and on 12/05 I ordered a flower arrangement for my out-of-state fiancée who was having surgery on the following week (the day set for delivery). I set the delivery date to 12/12. On Delivery day, after a whole day of having no updates, I decided to call (around 4pm) and inquire whether or not the flowers were still getting delivered or what was going on. The call was an absolute waste of time as the person who picked up couldn't get ahold of the driver/florist in charge of making the delivery. I was told the company would let me know of any updates. An hour and a half goes by with no updates, I call again at 5:30pm. A guy called Sebastian picks up and proceeds to put me on hold for a staggering 30 minutes (at the pretext of calling the florist/delivery to have a status update).

I cancel the call, proceed to make a new call and supposedly a new "Sebastian" picks up, same name, same voice. At this point I'm furious because he claims there are two Sebastians and he didn't know what I was talking about. I say, “I want to know if the order is getting delivered or not, and if not, then I want my money back because I wanted the flowers delivered the day of my fiancée’s surgery, not a day or who knows when later.” This new Sebastian makes a quick call to try to get ahold of the florist, fails, and says "Unfortunately at the time I can't provide you with an update. We will let you know once we have one". The same thing I heard 3 hours earlier!

I told him this situation was beyond ridiculous and disrespectful and that I wanted it to get delivered and hung up. The call ended at 7pm. The flowers were not delivered. As a matter of fact, they still haven't been delivered, all the website says is that: "Delivery confirmation pending. Please check back with us later." Absolute trash service. I want my money back. Not a gift card, a promise of a new order or whatever else you may offer. I want the money back now, and you can for sure know that I will make sure no one close to me ever orders from this company in the future again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Worst experience I’ve ever had ordering flowers. I was very specific with what I wanted and told them if they could not do the arrangement exactly as I wanted it to contact me... I ordered ALL white roses for a friend whose Mother had died... The bouquet had a few roses and other “filler” flowers. And customer service... The WORST!!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I sent my mom flowers in the hospital and what she received looked nothing like what I ordered. It looked like weeds literally. When I sent them an email and pictures they said it was up to their standards!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Wish I read these reviews before ordering. Purchased a Premium arrangement, Arrived with only 12 main flowers, was dark and drab. Extremely disappointed. Don't order from here. It's all a bait and switch.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Ordered a bouquet for my mother's birthday a week ahead of time but on the day of delivery, they called to say they didn't have the flowers. Said they could deliver 2 days later and would upgrade. The day of the re-scheduled delivery, they called to say they had no flowers at all. A florist with no flowers? Terrible customer service. Very unhappy, will never use Avas flowers again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I paid over $100 for a sympathy arrangement that was supposed to be all white flowers with a touch of greenery. What was received was 4 white roses with lots of greenery. The four roses were not even placed in a nice way. It was the worst arrangement I have ever seen. I sent pictures of what I received and what I had ordered and they refunded me $20. This company is a major scam. They pretend to be a local florist and they are not!!!! Horrible customer service as well. DO NOT PLACE AN ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I ordered a baby boy bouquet with a Mylar "It’s A Boy" balloon. My daughter received a wedding bouquet & no balloon. When I spoke to them they said they’d send her what I ordered at no charge. Two days later I was notified that I would receive a $20 refund & a $20 store credit. I spent $75. I told them I wanted the store credit refunded to me as I was never using them again. They said NO!! Their ads say satisfaction guaranteed. That’s a joke!! None of their phone reps speak English & they are definitely not interested in making the customer happy. Please don’t use them for your flowers, you will be unhappy with what you get & they won’t make it right!!! They are a RIP OFF company!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

An arrangement for a special birthday surprise for my sister in law who has suffered from polio since she was a small child. They said no problem. Took the order. Called me 4 hours later saying no can do. Total disappointment. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I am among many others who have been frauded and scammed by Avas Flowers. They advertise same and/or next day deliveries only to find out via urgent text or PC from them within 5 minutes of processing charge card that same/next day deliveries are not available. Next, they tell you that charge credit is not an option as cancellations are not accepted; only refunds for time-limited future orders. Who would ever place a future order with them after discovering they were frauded and scammed?

I called the bank to freeze/cancel my credit card in fear of additional charges fraudulently incurred involving this online merchant to be protected or safe going forward. My bank will file a dispute but I do not expect to easily retrieve my monies even after a whole lot of hassle and Bank Dispute Resolution Department in my corner.

Save yourself a whole lot of aggravation and duress by NOT ordering anything from this company who are very quick to take your monies but don't let you cancel or process charge credits back to you. They are savvy, slick scammers out to get your money at all costs. Play it safe and shop elsewhere where ethical and reputable business practices are guaranteed.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered a White poinsettia on December 4th to be delivered on December 7th. I specifically gave special instructions for a gate code to enter the gated subdivision. When the plant was not delivered on the 7th, I called and spoke to a customer service person. He told me an attempt was made, but the delivery person couldn't get in. I pointed out the special instructions, and he said "Oh yes, I see that now". I asked for a refund, and said he would have to check to see if that is possible. After being placed on hold, he came back and told me the plant had been delivered. I was offered $20 credit for my next order, but I told him I would not use his company again. He agreed to a 10% discount on the order I made, and I agreed. In conclusion, I am very disappointed in the service and follow up of Avas Flowers, and I WILL NOT use this company again, and I will tell friends about my experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered a Christmas arrangement which was in the shape of a tree with red and white flowers with Christmas bulb ornaments in a gold box (which is what their site showed). What came was a very poor representation with limited flowers and decorations and a water stained box. When I contacted customer service they asked me for a picture which I complied. The day after review they felt the arrangement was close enough to their picture and for me to check their policy on what was comparable! I paid $100 for an arrangement that I wouldn’t have even paid $25 for and gave me a $20 credit on my account! As if I would order from them again! Please do not use this service as I should have used a local florist whom I know would have given me a much better product and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Ordered same day delivery of a large flower arrangement. Delivery was done that day which was great, however the size of the 'large' arrangement that was ordered was pathetic. Customer service did not resolve this thus we will not order from Avas Flowers again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Ordered Thanksgiving flower arrangement for centerpiece of an out of state family gathering. Flowers never arrived and spoke to 5 dif customer reps who lacked ability to take action. Main office did not communicate with local florist to make sure delivery happened.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

If I could give no stars, I would in a heartbeat. I ordered my friend flowers that were supposed to be purple (her favorite color). I got a notification that the flowers had been delivered. Well, they weren't delivered. I called Avas Flowers and they said they would call me back after they research and find out what happened. I never got a call back. Hours later the flowers did get delivered but they weren't anything like what I ordered. White flowers instead of purple. I complained and sent photos. The response I got was a short apology giving me a 10% refund ($5.00). DO NOT GO TO THESE PEOPLE!!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Please do not order anything from Avas Flowers. On 12/4/18 I order a delivery of flowers for my sister's birthday in Milwaukee. They do not deliver as promised and when you call to express concern the customer services place you on hold for a very long time. I wished I have researched this company more. This is not a reputable company. It taught me a lesson.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I would rate this florist 'zero' stars if it were an option. I sent flowers to a friend in a nursing home who was unable to respond that they were delivered. I never received 'delivered' notice from these folks, so I checked 'order status' on their website and all I could get over the next few days was an "order status pending" message. Finally, after several days I called the customer service number and spoke with a young woman who could not tell me if the order had been delivered or not. She told me she would call the florist used (in the town of delivery) and would get back to me. I asked for the number of the florist who handled the delivery and she offered my phone number back to me (as the number for the florist). I explained that it was MY phone number and that I did not need my own phone number. I needed the number of the florist, at which time she gave me the number I had just called - the customer service number - that hooked me up with her.

I asked her a third time and she said then that it "is against our policy" to give out the phone number of the local florist used. I asked to speak with her manager so she put me on hold. At this point I figured I'd never hear from her again, but she did return to the phone to tell me the "manager is busy right now." She told me she would call the local florist at 9 a.m. (when they opened) and would get back to me to let me know if the flowers had been delivered. She also told me I would then (at 9:00 a.m.) be able to speak with her manager. It's been three days now and I still have not received a callback. In the meantime, I called my friend's daughter to have her check to see if the flowers ever arrived - and they did, but she was unable to find out what day they had been delivered. I am planning on canceling my credit card and ordering a new one. Too many things about this experience tell me this business is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Placed an order 12/3/18 for same day delivery. Charge hit my account for $75 with a confirmation. Received a text that the flowers were delivered same day. I confirmed with my friend and she did not receive flowers. I tried to reach them via email links they sent me and by phone with no success. This company is a fraud! BUYER BEWARE. I cancelled my card (debit) and issued a complaint with my bank against the business. DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

If you want to pay over $80 for an arrangement that looks like it was assembled by a child, by all means order from Avas. I rarely write reviews of any kind, especially negative ones, but felt so strongly others should be warned about this business which drew me in with its claims of same-day delivery and farm fresh flowers. I ordered flowers Saturday morning for my elderly grandfather who lives in an assisted living facility in the same city as Avas and was promised they would be delivered first thing Monday morning. Still not same day, but ok. They were not delivered until almost 6 pm Monday.

I ordered a basket of flowers in the shape of a dog - a standard arrangement if you go through 1-800-Flowers or another similar service, but I wanted to use a small business. I was told the price would be $65. Somehow my card ended up being charged almost $90 when all was said and done (they charged a separate fee just for a bow)!!! The only thing I’m thankful for is my family’s sense of humor, because I couldn’t do anything but either laugh or cry at the “arrangement” they delivered. “Pinterest fail” was the phrase which came to mind. I’m all for patronizing local businesses and will continue to do so... but NOT this one!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I placed an order to have a bouquet of flowers delivered. The person I dealt with was very quick to take my credit card number and quick to promise the flowers would be delivered the following day. However, a week later there are still no flowers. I’ve called to request a full refund but have been told a credit cannot be issued until the designer has been contacted. Unfortunately for me, they can’t seem to contact the designer.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

WARNING! What a rip-off! I paid 100 dollars for a large Floral arrangement for my daughter's hospital maternity stay. I paid for the largest arrangement with some fresh flowers. I should have gone elsewhere. The arrangement wilted the second day, some flowers were not even placed in the water vase but hanging on to other flowers. I wrote them only of course, for them to take the arrangers side. I even sent a picture of the wretched thing. What a sham! But, to Avas' detriment, all our friends, relatives and family will not use this absurdly costly and lousy Florist. Plus the arrangement was small. I could have purchased flowers and made an arrangement much better than this and saved my money!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I ordered an arrangement with the title She's Got Style, She's Got Grace. The picture was full of hot pink flowers and roses and bright blue flowers. It was for my daughter and I picked it specifically for the colors. Rather than a bouquet in a vase she received a square low arrangement with none of the flowers pictured. It was virtually identical to what her roommate received to fulfill a different order. The good news is that the delivery was on time. Otherwise, it was a flop. Very disappointed. Will never use them again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I'm giving this company two stars because they sent the arrangement in the time that they promised. The arrangement, however, did not look like the picture. It was small and round. It had two white candles. The whole arrangement was done in yellow and orange. White candles were so out of place. The arrangement looked like something one could get in the grocery store for $24. I paid $80! Upon calling them they said "substitutions" were allowed. They credited me for the bow $5, Had they put the bow, it would have overwhelmed the flowers! They offered me $20 off my next order. Really??? I won't be ordering from them again!

Avas Flowers expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

• Best for: significant others, friends and adult children.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs