1.2/5 (167 ratings)

About Avas Flowers

Avas Flowers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Avas Flowers ?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Provided great last minute services for my mothers home going arrangements across the country!! I placed my order while recovering from brain surgery in Chicago and could not fly back to California for the services. However I was able to get my Mother a lovely arrangement.

Original review: July 2, 2022

The flowers were delivered late on a very important date after I was told that they would be delivered on time. I was very specific about the arrangement which was very fitting for the occasion. They sent the absolute wrong flowers AND THEY WERE DEAD flowers!!! I spent way too much time calling and texting. They did refund 25.00 after adding on a 26.00 Universal fee. This is a scam of a company and they should be shut down. Don't use them. Oh...their online presence is very clever. When I went searching for local florists they came up first and actually lied about their location. A scam!!! Stay away.

Get buying tips about Flower Delivery delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I was looking for a unique and summerlike arrangement to send to my "Better Other Mom", or my aunt who is 92, and my friend and mentor. Avas had one and they were having free delivery at the time also. Knowing how much delivery usually costs I decided that the arrangement was perfect and to have it delivered the next day. Went thru all of the checkouts there is the as we all do and sure enough there it is.

Service charge and handling charges plus tax make the total a lot more than the arrangement at full price plus full price delivery etc. Well, I just about canceled but the flowers were too unique and the arrangement did so different that she should and would have it. I ordered it. That was that. I did leave them a message about the amount and how it was handled and that I was not a happy customer. However, when my aunt received the flowers the delivery lady had a big smile on her face as she handed them to her. My aunt immediately called and texted me both and said that this one "WAS THE BEST ONE YET" because I send her flowers every month. Her pleasure and smiles were worth the money but I do not like the way you are not apprised or informed (although I know about the service and handling) but $20.00 for handling?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2021

My mother's birthday is close to Christmas, so I sent her a Christmas-y arrangement. She sent me photos of it, and it looks JUST as promised! She was delighted. I will definitely use AvasFlowers again.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

This is the worst experience I’ve ever had dealing with the florist. The picture that they advertised looks absolutely nothing like what my daughter got for her birthday surprise. The woman guaranteed on the phone that it would be the same flowers. I wish I could put a picture in here so you could see it looks like a piece of trash that a third grader put together. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I ordered a set of flowers for delivery. Though the flowers only cost about $45.00 I was charged about $93.00, including the cost of delivery. I accepted it. I waited and waited for the delivery to arrive at the recipients' house. I called customer service after seeing on the website that it was marked "Delivered". They told me that they decided to mark their orders that way ahead of time. Finally, late at night, I gave up on it because deliveries are not made at 9:00pm. This is just a scam. There is nothing complicated about a simple flower order like this: I have ordered from other florists online. If I could give this company zero stars I would.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

I ordered 2 arrangements for a memorial service through Avas. That very day I received a phone call from Avas that the florist couldn't make the one arrangement I had ordered but would make one of the same price and colors which were red and white. The next day I received another call from Avas and the other arrangement couldn't be done either but they could send me 2 dozen red roses instead. I agreed to that. I received, the night before my brother's memorial, purple glittered roses. The most inappropriate arrangement for a memorial service. On top of that, I had to pick up the first arrangement after it said free delivery. They then called me the day of the memorial to see if I had received my order. I asked for a refund on the purple roses. They would only give me half of what I had paid. They are definitely a scam.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

This is NOT A REAL FLORAL COMPANY. WHEN SEARCHING FOR A LOCAL COMPANY to deliver flowers to someone, they falsely post online that they are in that community. They are not a real store! The phone and website has no live people for customer service, only an automated service which dumps your call or contact before any acknowledgement. Truly a scam operation with no assurance of product delivery or refund if requested. Do not use this company!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I ordered a $200 arrangement at 11am for next day delivery by 3pm to the funeral home. Flowers never delivered. I called at 6:45 and spoke with 2 reps who were of zero help since they are from different countries and trying to get "in touch with the local seller but they did no answer". Was told I would get a call back soon, never did but instead received a text at 7pm that flowers were delivered. No flowers to be found anywhere in the funeral home and I was there from 6 to 10pm. This company is all lies and I'm still waiting for a call back. Do not order from this place!!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I was very disappointed at how small the arrangement was for the exorbitant price of $114.40. Especially since I upgraded the plant arrangement. This was ordered for a person that suffered a loss in her family due to an unexpected tragic death. The company already charged 9.99 for delivery, and then a service fee of 28.04. (what is a "service fee") along with a price for upgrading the arrangement. Arrangement was very small. I checked Avas Flowers' prices against other florists in the area and if I done my research more carefully and had time to do so I would have never, and will never order from Avas again. Complete over pricing for an arrangement that was exceptionally small. I plan on passing this on to all my colleagues.

Avas Flowers author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Avas Flowers started with a single brick-and-mortar location in New Jersey over 30 years ago. Today it is an affiliated partner of FTD Florist, Teleflora, 800Flowers and others, providing fresh and fun floral arrangements.

• Same-day delivery: Same-day delivery is available on many items. Orders must be placed before 2 p.m. Eastern Time on weekdays and noon on Saturday and Sunday.

• Discount arrangements: There is always a sale going on at Avas Flowers, so be sure to look at the Hot Deals section.

• Fresh flowers: As a wholesale distributor of flowers, Avas Flowers brings blooms directly from the farm to your table.

• Guarantee: Avas Flowers works with customers who are unsatisfied with their flower delivery. They offer refunds, replacements or store credit when notified of a problem within 24 hours. Restock fees may apply.

• Custom orders: If you need something special, designed specifically for an event or that special someone, Avas Flowers can help.

Avas Flowers Company Information