2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.50/5
Based on 1,643 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Overstock.com Reviews

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I have a very small living room and needed a specific sized unit to fit. I found it at Overstock. I ordered it online and there was a place to click for a 14% discount. I clicked on the coupon button, but when my credit card was charged, it did not include the discount. I called customer service, and fortunately, they were able to give me a refund of the 14%. That is why they got one star.

Four days later, the item that I had ordered was placed on clearance at $100 less than I paid! A sizable difference. I called customer service to get the clearance price, but I was told that I would have had to make my claim within 48 hours. I spoke to two customer service reps, with the same answer each time. I wrote to the customer service department and received an email back that they have already applied the discount, and did I have any other complaints. I responded that they did not even address the clearance issue, and have not heard from them since. I email them every day, and get no response.

If you buy from this company, be darn sure you are willing to pay the price. I have not even opened the box yet, in anticipation of returning it, but the shipping cost alone would make it untenable. I WILL NEVER ORDER FORM OVERSTOCK AGAIN - AND I WILL ALERT EVERYONE I KNOW TO STAY AWAY FROM THEM AS WELL. There are plenty of reputable companies to do business with.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Ordered an area rug online, but two days prior to delivery, Overstock cancelled the order claiming "out of stock" due to "overwhelming request." However, the same rug continued to be available online. I ordered it again (but the price had gone up), & surprisingly the rug was in stock. (Btw, it was on the same day they allegedly were not in stock). I was advised that my previous order would not be honored at the lower price. Overstock.com is anything but what they claim to be. Beware.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We ordered the Manchester Traditional 5 piece bedroom set with an additional nightstand. All pieces were delivered the with exception of our dresser. We were guaranteed ALL of our furniture would be in by 8/8. It is now 8/7 and after 3 days of back and forth between Overstock and the carrier (XPO Logistics) the item has still not been located. They issued a 24 hour doc search for the item and it was still not located. As of today (8/7) Overstock informed us they are “working on” getting us a replacement. That’s all we’ve heard for the past several days. Overstock is “working on” this issue. As your customers, we expect answers and not just to be strung along for days by different customer service agents. Also, your clients SHOULD NOT be the ones contacting these carriers directly looking for their shipments. That is your job!!

I’ve never had this issue when ordering smaller items (rugs, etc). Overstock’s Oversized Furniture department needs a major rehabilitation if they’re looking to grow this side of the business. Needless to say, we will not be ordering full sets of furniture items from Overstock in the near future. Stay away from ordering any items considered “oversized” like full furniture sets and larger pieces of furniture. Better off going to an actual furniture store or picking up items on your own.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

We ordered new furniture one month ago for an event at work. Guess what? Still not here. We had notifications that it would be delivered from 3-7 tomorrow, so we scheduled and PAID staff to be here after hours. Delivery was never even attempted. We call the delivery company they contracted out and they were incredibly rude. "We won't be back in the area until sometime next week maybe". INCREDIBLE. On a $6,000 order. Overstock is refusing to respond to my pleas for help. I have never in my life been treated like this from a business. USE WAYFAIR - they're much more professional & quick.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I ordered a pillow almost two month ago now. They, "Claim" to have shipped it on July 4th, it still has not been delivered to my home. I can't get an answer from anyone. They sure can take your money the day you order the product but, can't deliver. When trying to track the order it says, (as of July 16th) that they can't share any other information on tracking of the order. I guess I will need to call the Better Business Bureau.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: July 29, 2019

I think you can judge a business by how they handle issues. The customer service at Overstock is TERRIBLE. I ordered a patio umbrella and it wasn’t delivered on the day they “estimated” so nbd ask when it will be here “Tomorrow” is the answer. I ask a day later, “Tomorrow” is the answer AGAIN. Call CS again and now it will be here in 2-3 MORE business days. That’s a full week from the estimated arrival. They have zero accurate answers nor do they care. Never ordering from them again. EVER.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I was told to expect my delivery tomorrow, and then the delivery company called and told me that they were going to let my delivery sit in their warehouse for over a week until they got around for finding room on a truck. This is a mattress, so heaven only knows what it will smell like when it gets here since it is so hot and humid now. The problem with Overstock is that they do not employ competent shipping companies. I called them, and they do not have any procedure for taking complaints. The company does some things well, but clearly does not care about improving the customer's experience.

Original review: July 28, 2019

This has been a nightmare!!! Do yourself a favor and don't buy furniture from these folks. Over a month ago I bought a bed and a headboard from Overstock.com. That's where the nightmare began. They sent me 2 beds, a headboard, a quilt, and a pillow. The headboard and one of the beds were so badly damaged I couldn't put them together. The nuts and screws were all loose in the box. I never opened the second bed after all I only ordered 1. After weeks of texting and calling they gave me credit for 1 bed and the headboard. However, they did not refund the money to their leasing company and they began to hold out notes from my bank account.

When I called Progressive Leasing they said call Overstock. When I called Overstock they said call Progressive. To date they have not credited my account for the 2nd bed or refunded the money to Progressive Leasing. I wouldn't buy another bed from these people if I had go sleep on the floor. DON'T BUY HERE!!! It's a ripoff!!! Wilma **

Original review: July 27, 2019

I ordered several things from Overstock.com in one order. 3 hours after the order I found that my husband had also ordered one of the items (bed frame). I called and spoke with customer service. It was a horrible experience. I felt as if I were on a smoke break with the representative. She was constantly coughing in my ear, and sounded as if she were smoking and not once did not once say excuse me. I told her the situation, she pulled up the order and said she was contacting the warehouse to cancel.

The following day I received an email stating the order had already been shipped but I could contact returns/shipping and PAY to have it returned. 2 days after my conversation with customer service and one day after I was told the product had shipped I received an email from the warehouse that the item was being shipped. They lied about the order and not being able to cancel and about it being already shipped. I feel that they did this so that they can charge a shipping/return fee. I do the majority of my shopping online due to my busy work schedule. I will never purchase from Overstock.com nor will I recommend them to anyone in the future.

Original review: July 22, 2019

I placed an order on Overstock.com for 3 separate items. One was a down pillow a set of 4 for almost $100. Upon receiving the item I noticed the bad smell and that the pillows were not filled completely so as soon as you laid on it it went completely flat. I called the company to issue a return because the item for the cost was misleading and not well made. They told me I can send it back but charged me over $15 to ship it back to them even though the item was unusable.

The other item took over 3 weeks to arrive and I ended up sending that back too because it was way past the delivery promise date and I was lied to multiple times by their reps on the status. I am currently in the process of filing a complaint on this company with the BBB. For the multiple issues. Its the principle of them standing by what they sell if they choose to sell sub par items for an exuberant amount that their not worth, and to stop using the bad shipping company that multiple customers have complained about because of the amount of time it takes to get their items and how bad the site is of showing up to date shipping statuses. I will NEVER buy from Overstock again. Worse experience of my life.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Ordered an entertainment center. Been looking for a certain one. Finally found it. It arrived on time, and we did not assemble it until a couple weeks later as we had a broken foot happen. Started assembling and realized it was not what I wanted. Went online and could not find the one I ordered but this one had the number I ordered. I’m positive they switched on me as this one was marked with a 25% off making it the same price as the one I ordered. Got it all put together except drawers and discovered parts were missing. Called and was told that they would look around the warehouse and see if they could find the parts and if/when they did they would ship them to us. How much you anyone want to bet I never see my drawers. First and last time I buy from this company.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a blanket on 7/4. Tracking, when I could get it to work, said it was shipped on 7/5. Almost 2 weeks later, I am still waiting. Overstock is aware of the awful shipping record their shipper has. But, knowing this, they still use it. They would rather lose customers than use a more reliable company. Then, instead of Overstock helping me, they just referred me to that shipper who does not help. If anyone buys from Overstock, they take the same chance of not getting their delivery. Even a good buy isn't good if you never get your purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased an office suite from Overstock and never received an order confirmation. I later see the item I purchased was out of stock. I called customer service who re assured me my order did go through and was being processed. The next day upon checking my bank online I see the refund from Overstock for the office suite. When I called the customer service rep told me there was inventory error and the office suite was out of stock. I was completely disappointed in the lack of communication and the fact they can't keep proper inventory. Will not be shopping here again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I ordered two comforters on June 28th. They were supposed to be delivered on the 6th of July, which is quite a long delivery time to begin with. On the 6th I checked to see if they were out for delivery but the delivery date had been changed to the 8th. I chatted online with customer service and they were all apologetic but didn’t do anything about it. Just assured me they were sorry and the items would be delivered today. Today customer service tells me to give them one more day. This order was for an Airbnb I own and the order is critical. I have to go out today and spend more money on a comforter because Overstock couldn’t be bothered to call the carrier and ensure my order was delivered today.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I placed an order and a few days later I place 2 more and didn't realize they steal your money and don't send the products, I have requested a refund and I keep getting the run around. I will be filing a claim. This company steals your money. I wish someone will shut them down after all the same reviews.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I recently made a large purchase via Overstock.com. This was my first "big ticket" experience with them, having only ever used them once before for a small gift. I ordered a full King bed set including mattress, box spring, headboard/foot-board with railing, sheet set and mattress cover. First of all, a few days after I placed my order, a customer service agent contacted me to verify my billing address (we moved to last fall) and I confirmed that address I had on the order was correct. Several days after that, I received two communications that one of my orders had just been delivered TO THE OLD ADDRESS! I did make sure my new address was on the order when I did it on my phone, but somehow, it defaulted to our old address evidently.

I immediately picked up the phone to call and let them know that it was the wrong address and there was a second item scheduled to be delivered later that day, so I wanted to avoid that as well. They seemed very confused, trying to find fault in my ordering process rather than being interested in catching the shipments and re-routing to the correct address, and I started receiving email and text dings telling me my items were delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! I reached out to them in every feasible manner to make sure they corrected this and was told, after hearing different stories from three different agents, that this person was going to take care of it and follow up with me personally - I never heard back from her. I continued to check my shipment schedules (because, of course all five items had to ship/arrive separately), and no changes were made to my delivery address.

I continued to call and try to follow up and eventually, items were re-routed to me and my shipping address. I'll save the painstaking details of the relentless constant attempts by me to make sure there were no more mishaps, but again, every time I called customer service or texted them, I seemed to get someone who tried to give me a 'pat' answer and I had to ask them to please read the account notes before responding. Weeks went by and I wasn't getting updates, so eventually someone named "Stefanie" started responding via email to try to give me some kind of update - but they could not provide information on the bed furniture as it was a large item (obviously being shipped from China or another country).

I tried to contact the shipper and for weeks, got an information unavailable page - until finally I read that it was supposed to arrive at the local port (about an hour from us) and then I'd heard from someone to get delivery scheduled - needless to say, I did not hear anything. I continued to contact the shipper, who eventually ended with Schneider Trucking, and as of a few days ago, I got my furniture. I ordered these items at the end of May and it took a month to get all five items. I have no problem with the actual items, for the most part, but I will never, EVER use Overstock.com again under any circumstances. Their customer service was far lacking in their ability to appropriately handle this situation and then the shipping companies that they used were inept as well.

I know a lot of people swear by and have had good experiences with Overstock.com and to that I can only say, you were/are lucky. I hope no one ever has to experience what I went through when placing an order. I learned several things during this experience and will probably think very hard before making a large purchase such as this online. I thought I would take advantage of some Memorial day sales, little did I know it was not worth the frustration.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered eight chairs that were advertised as "Material: Leather, Metal, Upholstered" and they were not leather. I confirmed that by looking at the manufacturer's site, which clearly stated "faux leather." I contacted Overstock customer service and they gave me a lecture about different types of "leather" (yes really) and then charged $179 to return what was falsely advertised. I will never order from Overstock.com again.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I ordered an office chair for $100 on Overstock.com. It came with a significant rip in the fabric that makes the chair unusable. Customer service is telling me that it cannot be returned. I am deeply dissatisfied with this experience!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I realized immediately on my Overstock online order for a rug that cost over $1000 that I did not select the no interest option. I originally selected it and then it reverted to a high interest plan when a coupon code I entered was denied. I was told by an Overstock.com rep this happens often. I contacted both Overstock who told me once that the account will be changed to the no interest within a few days and that they would handle it with Comenity Bank. I was told in a follow up that no they won’t be doing anything and that I have to contact Comenity.

Comenity says no and I will just be billed high interest since the wrong button was set when the coupon was denied, even though I had selected it and notified them repeatedly. Immediately and then continued the effort. This is truly an unfair practice to the consumer. It’s misleading and deceptive. I ended up having to pay for my entire purchase in one month because I was kept in the dark. Because I threw a fit and kept pushing I got an email after the fact that I in fact could revert to the zero interest. What a headache and terrible position to put a customer in for a simple click of a wrong button.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have problem with FedEx delivering to me. Because I complained on them over three months ago. Now here we go again. And with a different company Overstock. Monday FedEx allegedly tried to deliver my package. Couldn't get in the front gate so they left a door tag. Now from the front gate you can see the back gate which is about 15 yards away. And it was wide open. So sent out emails to FedEx and to Overstock. Did online chat with Overstock. Thought it was resolved. Tuesday I get the door tag. Write on it. Back gate wide open. Big piece of paper. Back gate wide open and tape it to the front gate. Well, go out only to find out that I missed FedEx and they left another door tag on the front gate. So I contacted Overstock again. "Rest assured this will be handled."

Got email from Overstock saying that FedEx delivered my package to me today. My instant pot crock pot. Which is a crock of #####. Got message from FedEx on their app that my package was delivered to the FedEx store like 40 minutes away from me. Not the one I gave Overstock that is only 3 miles away from me. Now waiting to hear back. Are any of you veterans or on disability going through similar **? I have been on social security disability since October 2010 For PTSD and fibromyalgia. From day one followed everywhere to this day. Still going on. Google Covert harassment, Organized stalking, Stentrode implants for PTSD. This is what is being done in secret. This is one reason Edward Snowden blew the whistle. And in November 2018 found out that I have been a victim of identity theft as well You can contact me Facebook Mike **.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I ordered patio set from Overstock.com but after waiting 2 weeks for delivery only 2 pieces of a 6 piece patio set arrived. I call customer support and they told me there should be a 2nd box and it should arrive on another truck. After checking my order I noticed that only 1 box shipped. I called customer support back and they admitted that they indeed sent out only 1 box. It was my 1st purchase with Overstock but I will never purchase from them again. You only get one shot at a first impression.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I recently purchased a dining set that was marked down 4 days later by $180. Then when I used my Club O points to order a rug, I never received it! That is too much of a coincidence, especially since I wrote a review about my order being marked down and I was not satisfied with Overstock. When I first reviewed the product, they left it up because I was happy with the product. But when I updated it to state that they marked down the order 4 days later and I was not happy, my review was removed! I will never order from them again. Buyer be aware!

Original review: June 12, 2019

The only online vendor I know that charges for product before actually processing and shipping out the product. Other online vendor I've purchase from does not charge your credit card until the item has been processed and is shipped out. Right off the bat... I already don't like their business practice. I placed another order on the same day on Amazon, and it was processed, shipped and will be arriving to my house today. Being such a big online retailer, I would've thought they would have faster logistic and reasonable billing practice comparable to other larger online retailer. As a consumer, we shouldn't pay for services/product that hasn't been provided or rendered.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We placed an order on May 29 for four pillows. They arrived on June 11 - with dirt on them. The agreed to initiate a replacement but it would have been ANOTHER two weeks? Unacceptable when there are so many options available with comparable pricing online.

Original review: June 11, 2019

This company doesn’t accept no for an answer. Placed an order 5 pm. Few minutes later I realized it wasn’t for me and since two weeks ago, I am after my money, no delivery and they have kept my money and not refunding it. I had to dispute with my bank and waiting to get my money back. Be careful if you order with them.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I really liked my other purchases on Overstock until it came to this purchase. I purchased 2 orders of these dining chairs for my new apartment. One order = 2 chairs, so 2 orders = 4 chairs. I only received 2 chairs. I contacted Overstock and they told me that UPS probably lost the second box and to wait 48 hours. After the 48 hours, then they would send me a replacement order if I still haven't received it. I waited and it still didn't arrive. I contacted Overstock again and they told me to wait another 2 days for them to trace it. You couldn't do that the first time? They said they will try to trace it and within 1-2 days, they will send me a replacement order if they cannot locate it. Why can't you just send me a replacement order while you look for it? It is not on me that you lost it. So I asked for a refund.

Again, they tell me they cannot process a refund for me until they locate the box. WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all. I was at home all day when it was supposed to be delivered. I received one set of the chairs and my dining table. So it is NOT on me. You can't say that it was delivered and that no one was home to receive it. I don't see why I cannot get a refund for something that they cannot keep track of. They just want to take your money and let you deal with your losses. The product itself (the two that I did receive) isn't even that great. They look really pretty, but they feel cheap and the cushions are very stiff, not super comfortable. I tried to put this review on Overstock but they denied it because it was shipping related and not product-related. Uh yeah it is shipping related, but it is also CUSTOMER SERVICE related. Very poor customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Stay away from Overstock! I ordered furniture using special 24-month no interest financing and opened an Overstock credit card in order to receive said financing. However, when I received my Overstock credit card statement, it stated that I did not have any promotional interest period and would be charged 25% interest if I didn't pay off my balance in full the next month. I called both the credit card company and Overstock and neither would agree to honor the 24-month no interest financing which I was eligible for and should have received.

The person at Overstock whom I spoke to acknowledged that she had no way to prove that I didn't select the special financing offer at the time of purchase - although clearly I was eligible for it and was asking for it! - And absolutely refused to give me the financing. I paid off the credit card balance then immediately closed the account. I will not maintain a credit card account with such a terrible business and will never buy anything from Overstock again. First and last purchase!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Overstock.com is probably the worst website to order from. Their customer service is absolutely terrible and the quality of their product is below average. I ordered from them with confidence that I would be receiving a comfortable beautiful bed, which was not the case. It took close to a month to receive this. After multiple phone calls, emails, & frustrations, I finally received it just to find out that various pieces were missing. Once expressed, they took another two weeks just to send me the wrong pieces. Instead of correcting the situation or having corporate call me, they told me to buy the parts on my own. Safe to say, I cannot use the bed. Will look into suing this company.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have been waiting 4 weeks for my new couch to be delivered. I got a call from the delivery service and they said they can deliver Wednesday between 9 and 1. I am a teacher. I said I can be home after 4:30 any day of the week or be available on the weekend. He said they never come to my town except between 9 and 1. So I literally have to take a day off of work to sit at home and wait for them to deliver my couch. He told me to contact Overstock and tell them that I didn't want signature delivery but they require it. I told them to take their couch back and forget it and they told me it would be up to $600 for me to return the couch. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Go with a delivery company that is more flexible. I am NOT taking a day off to sign for a stupid couch.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have shopped with Overstock.com multiple times over the past 4 years. I have decided not to shop with them any more. You cannot tell the quality of the product from the pictures. Often reviews are not there or do not mention quality. It will cost you over $12 an item to return so think carefully before buying. Even a shower curtain return was almost $13. Not worth it when so many online stores have free returns.

Overstock.com Company Information