Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.61/5
Based on 1,658 ratings submitted in the last year

1009 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We ordered a pair of nesting end tables. While one was defective due to a screw hole left undrilled, that wasn’t our biggest complaint. When we unpacked the glass tops we noticed a large sticker which said that the product exposes one to toxic chemicals including lead. While Overstock was willing to allow for return and eventually agreed to provide a mailing label not to be charged to us, they were unconcerned that no one is told of this information in advance of ordering. They explained that there is no legal obligation to do so unless the product was purchased in California. No longer an Overstock customer!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The bed itself is pretty nice, but a few of the wooden slats and plastic connectors broke. Good thing I paid extra for a 5-year warranty, right? WRONG! The warranty info on Overstock's website was outdated, so I wasted so much time trying to submit a warranty to a company that my warranty policy wasn't even with. I talked to multiple customer service representatives who gave me the names of different companies and different policy numbers - obviously incorrect information.

Finally, I was pointed to the right company, and they denied my claim because I submitted it too long after the damage occurred. Yes, because I was wasting my time dealing with Overstock for so long. I contacted Overstock about this issue and every day I just get another customer service rep who promises that they're working on the issue and I should hear something within 24 hours. So far I've been told that I need to submit a warranty claim with that company...which I obviously already have. It's as if they're not even reading the history of my interaction with the company when another customer service rep takes over. Overstock is fine if you're just buying something that you're fairly confident will not land you in a chat with their incompetent customer service. However, for that reason alone I would never buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered two mattresses and they were suppose to be delivered by the end of the week but the day before I got an email that they would not show up until the next week. So I canceled one of the mattresses. Come to find out that both were returned to the warehouse and I am being charged for the shipping on both mattresses. I have the conversation saved of saying I still wanted one of them and they still said that it was my fault that both were returned. They seem helpful but they are just looking to take your money.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I brought a side sleeping pillow, it wasn’t delivered until I disputed the transaction with PayPal. The pillow arrived after 2 months and is not what I ordered. It is child size and made from some cheap material that feels horrid. They say they offer 100% refund guarantee however I have to pay to have it shipped to USA. They are also asking for the packing slip which never came with the parcel. This company is a scam and I would highly recommend never dealing with them!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I am very upset with Overstock, for one I called to make sure that they would set up a delivery with me when I would be home, they assured me this would happen. It did not. I came home late from work to find my new coffee table sitting in the snow at my front door. I live alone and had no way to get into my apartment and nobody to help me. It could have been stolen. Horrible business practice, they didn't even call or email to let me know when it was going to be delivered. It was just ordered 2 days ago and I had no idea it would come that soon.

I tried to get it into my apartment myself and could not. My sister also ordered me another table and I am afraid the same thing is going to happen. I am mad that I was lied to when I called with customer service telling me they would set up a delivery date. I will never order with them again or any online company who just drops off shipments with not making sure the customer is home first and what is convenient for them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

For whatever reason, Overstock doesn't have it where I can leave a customer review on their page so I will be leaving it here and every single other potential avenue possible along with the necessary bureaus. My husband and I purchased a pressure cooker back at the end June 2018 from Overstock. We have had pressure cookers for 8 years now that we use at least 5 times a week. Needless to say this one we got hasn't last but about 6-7 months and it's already not pressurizing right and losing pressure while cooker. We reported it to Overstock and the manufacturer to which both companies are not helping.

Mind you we not only are under a 1 year manufacturer warranty but we also have an extended warranty that we PURCHASED and PAID FOR from Overstock. The manufacturer states they do not have any replacements in stock. It's been 2-3 months we've been "waiting patiently" as requested and still today were told to please be patient. Um excuse me, I've been patient for months! I use this 5 plus times a week and it's starting to be very very annoying not having it, especially considering I'm supposedly DOUBLE COVERED on this damn thing. Overstock is NO better! They aren't helping, providing alternative exchange options, refund, absolutely nothing. Yet I have two warranty coverages!? WTF!

I've always heard people talk about Overstock having great customer service. This is FAR from great customer service. I receive better service from my local McDonald's! What did I buy an extended warranty for and purchase from overstock if they aren't going to provide any help and coverage? Terrible customer service and I will be continuing to fight this until everyone knows and I have a resolution. Do not buy from overstock, especially not the extended warranty, complete garbage and worthless waste of money!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered a jute rug and it began to unravel immediately. It was also streaked in coloring. I paid around $400 for this rug and it was definitely not worth it. When the knots unravel, they cannot be fixed leaving holes in the rug.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Worst online shopping experience. When I researched the product Overstock price was very competitive what made chose that website to order the item. There was no info about delivery time frame. I place the order hoping will take no more than 2 weeks. Took 4 days for the order to be process, they send me note my item was shipped but I could not track the package showing me as item not found. I contact customer support they answer was to wait 1-2 days for the tracking number. There is more than 10 days no answer. Now they say to wait 4 weeks because is an oversize item. There is no competitor that may take that long.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I received an email in the morning about a product that I had been looking at. It advertised the item for $144.99. Later the SAME day, I clicked on the direct product link from the email and the item was $210.99 when I put it in my cart. I reached out to Overstock about the discrepancy. They claimed that the advertising department sets pricing and that it's up to the consumer to check pricing frequently. This seems fraudulent, and certainly at the very least, false advertising - particularly since I visited the site within hours of receiving the email.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Purchased a pricey Diane von Furstenberg Black Wool Wrap Coat from Overstock. This long coat is ridiculously tight in the shoulders, you gotta order two sizes larger than shown. Got a return authorization and shipped it back to seller who still has not issued the credit. Quite frustrating! A month later they refuse to credit my account forcing me to submit a chargeback request with my card issuer. OVERSTOCK DOES NOT HAVE CONSUMER RECOURSE OR OVERSIGHT OVER THESE UNETHICAL VENDORS! Buy elsewhere or get screwed like we did.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Was sent damaged furniture twice. I bought this and the fees were not matched up with the holes. I rigged it up so it was usable. Since it was big and impossible to repackage Overstock.com offers to keep it with a $125 discount. They refused and sent me a new one which was damaged and I am now struggling to get that one back in the packaging! Not sure what to do with the first one. They knowingly send damaged returns to other people! I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

If I can give 0 stars I would. They mess up more times than not on merchandising as well as billing. They make NO attempts to redeem themselves to keep your business. They offer an apology for an inconvenience and move on. They've made their money off of you so they really don't care. Obviously, I will no longer patronize them and have cut my card up. PLEASE BE SURE TO CAREFULLY GO THROUGH YOUR BILLING STATEMENT!! They will pull a fast one and will make no attempts to rectify.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

OVER A MONTH TO GET HERE AND 4 DAYS BROKEN! This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Greedy company!!! I have called, texted and emailed. They have done nothing over a month for a boxspring. And I call for them to take it back and they haven't and the carrier have done nothing. Just buy on Amazon. They have a better customer service. I hope they go out of business. What a joke!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I buy a lot of stuff online. I get that there can be issues. But Overstock.com's incompetence takes the cake. After paying nearly $500 for this table, I wanted to know when it would ship. For a week, the status was "processing." So I started a chat with customer support. Simply put, the agent could not tell me when it would ship. So he made up a date, 6 weeks out. Then, a few days later, I get an email saying was shipping, a month ahead of the original day. Good news right? Well... I had to contact a "logistics" company to set a date/time to ship. So I did.

A day before it was supposed to arrive, the logistics company called to say it did not arrive in my city, and I had to call yet again to reschedule. I called, got put on hold for over 10 minutes, then hung up. Will I ever get this table? What shape will it be in when/if I do? They did give me a 20% off coupon for being a new customer. Was it worth it? NO... Fingers crossed. I'll update this review if/when I get my table. What a pain. This is THE LAST thing I will ever buy from Overstock.com.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Today I ordered some kitchen chairs. Approximately 30 minutes after ordering I found another design I liked better. I sent a message to return the item. I had NOT received any information that my order was processed or ready to ship. The person discussing this with me then sent me a message that I cannot return my order because it is processed and “ready” to be shipped. I order online all of the time and I’ve never been so disappointed with customer service. My request is very simple and easy to take care of. This experience is clear about the value that overstock.com has with its customers. I will NEVER purchase anything from here again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I recently made a purchase in Overstock.com for a reclining sofa. I live in apartment complex on 3rd floor with 15 stairs total. Overstock.com has CEVA Home delivery and local shipping vendor to deliver their products. The Overstock website had one option only for delivery "at the door" and I purchased the sofa with extended warranty. The local shipping company called and mentioned that they can only deliver on ground level in the parking lot. When I called Overstock, they charged me $9.99 promising that it will be delivery on my door on 3rd floor. After 2 days, the shipping company mentioned that they can only leave at parking lot and I called overstock AGAIN who charged me $24.00 for delivery in the "room of choice".

After 2 days, the shipping company said they will deliver only at the ground level. Please note that I didn't have ANY PROBLEM IN PAYING EXTRA FOR DELIVERY but Overstock had poorly worked with their shipping partners though I mentioned specifically to clearly explain to them. It has been a week and so far not even close to any resolution. No one takes any ownership to communicate and handle this. I no longer will ever purchase from Overstock.com.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Ordered two area rugs. One of them was fine and looked as promised. The other one did not look as good as on their website and shed a lot. Contacted their service department and asked several questions including whether I would be refunded for the return shipment costs. Their response led me to believe that I would be and never indicated that this would be a sunk cost. They are now refusing to pay for the shipping costs, which was about $100 on a $272 rug. They won't even issue a store credit. They claim that I am returning the item on customer remorse reasons, which is clearly not the case. Service may be courteous but they are extremely deceiving. Moreover, they never answer all your questions and concerns, regardless of how concise your wording and questions are. They just placate you and answer one of the questions. Had a bunch more items to buy, but NEVER AGAIN. Good luck dealing with Nora ** and getting worthy service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I received a ring with loose stones. I returned the ring and called them to make sure that they have received the ring. They said they have and I would receive a refund in three to five business days. A week later, they act like they cannot find it. I text them and I keep getting the runaround.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Ordered a mattress, approx $400 after discounts. 1-4 weeks delivery promised. Item was at local delivery at 2 weeks. 1st delivery called 30 minutes out, then no showed. Could not get ahold of anyone to resolve that day. Come to find out that the delivery company they used was in receivership and very carelessly going through reorg. They were not reachable. Next day, set up another delivery for the following day. Deliver was not correct item and in the process the delivery company lost items. Overstock and delivery company were unresponsive after several attempts and days. Finally got ahold of both, and another week went by with no answers to where my items were.

At the 4 week mark, and after I took 2 half days off for a delivery that never showed up, I was out over the amount of the item ordered in pay. They offered a full refund, which meant now I was out the item, 4 weeks of time and sleeping on a couch for 2 weeks, plus more than the item in pay, or 10% off a reorder. They refused to expedite, meaning another 1-4 weeks. Awful customer service, awful at delivery. WILL NEVER BUY AGAIN FROM OVERSTOCK.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

We ordered a bathroom vanity with countertop. Vanity is great. Countertop arrived broken. It has taken 6 weeks, 8 emails, 2 online chats, 3 phone calls to get a tracking number for the replacement top - which will now arrive two months after the original. Customer service people are polite but completely unresponsive. I will never shop this site again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We ordered queen size bed sheets on Dec 17 with a promised delivery date of Dec 22. Shipment lost in transit and Overstock is dragging feet on resolution. The original shipment label was found to be illegible in-transit and a re-printed label caused it to reverse direction and head back to NY (after already having been in Massachusetts). The shipment has been handed off from FedEx to USPS (supposedly the local post office) and is still (3 weeks later) lost in USPS in Brooklyn NY. I've repeatedly asked Overstock to cancel the lost shipment but they will not cooperate. They want to wait until it's delivered before refunding any money -- and no one knows when that'll be.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Devastated! I am building a new house and found the perfect rug on Overstock. The day before it was scheduled to arrive, I get an email stating there is an error and the rug is no longer available. It was my first and last order on Overstock. When I ordered it, it stated 3 were available. My credit card was charged. I see now that this isn't a new issue for Overstock. I closed my account and O membership. I spent a long time researching rugs and when I went to order my second choice, it was gone! Not worth the frustration.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Bought two office chairs that were supposed to be delivered on 11/27/18 for a Christmas gift. On 12/26/18 my order was still not delivered, so I contacted Overstock via chat and they said that they will get back to me within 24 hours, well as expected no one got back to me, so I called today 12/31/18 and I was told that my order was out of stock... (not at the time of purchase). Yes they will refund my money that they collected for over 30 days, there was no apology about the trouble (very unprofessional customer service). I also asked about the discount that I was given at the time purchase (Black Friday) for a future purchase, but I was denied. This is not even close of what their CEO states about the company. EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The painting I bought was over 80 bucks, the painting looked nothing like the picture. When I called them they told me I had to pay over $16 (a 20% value) just for shipping back. A new unused item! Since then I have refused to buy anything at Overstock.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I ordered furniture with an expected delivery date of about 8 days out. I called to inquire about the reliability of that date. I was told it should be within a couple of days of the published expected date unless there was a problem, in which case I would be notified. This was important because the apt lease/move in was not until just shortly before the delivery date given.

I get a notification 2 days later that all the items have shipped a week early and will arrive in 2 days. I called customer service and was told they could do nothing and I should call UPS. After almost 45 minutes UPS finally tells me only Overstock can make changes and any request would need to come from them. I call Overstock back and tell them this. The woman tells me she will delay the deliveries. I get a notice the next day that one item is on the truck for delivery and the others are arriving the next day. I call Overstock back. They tell me they will need to get back to me, and that UPS will leave any packages outside the building regardless. I tell them that if there are any fees involved with UPS holding the early shipments I will pay them.

I receive an email from Overstock this evening telling me that they are unwilling to have UPS delay the items and so will have UPS deliver them all outside an apartment building in another city that we don't live in. They are unwilling to take the packages back from UPS and sorry that I paid several hundred dollars for items I will not receive because they shipped them out a week early. And then added "have a great day!"

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I only put 1 star because it won't let you put none. Total fiasco! I bought an Acer 24" 3D gaming monitor for my fiancée's son as a Christmas present. It was to be shipped to his mother. Received confirmation of the order and thought that was taken care of. Passed on the e-mail notice to him that I bought it. Big mistake it turns out (maybe I should have researched this company better and noted that it gets so many one-star reviews on its service). I will never buy anything from this company again in my life! Whatever modest savings you may get on their (used) product will not be worth the days and hours of screw ups and agony they will put you through.

Just because I ordered them to send it to my fiancée and not to me, days after confirming my order, they suddenly cancelled my order without warning or explanation on Christmas Eve, and then put me through 3 days of hours on hold and repeated disconnects just to find out why let alone to learn how to fix it. Customer Service (Joel) told me they get complaints about this all the time.

Apparently, although this is a company that boasts taking Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (not exactly over-worried about identity of buyer & recipient are they?), a simple credit card purchase in the US for my fiancee who is literally just 5 minutes drive away requires an enormous bureaucratic process and the umpteenth-degree of verification. Although they don't mention it anywhere in the order process or pre-shipping confirmation e-mail, they will at some point later text you from an unidentified number that you need to call the anonymous sender to ''(re)confirm your details'' and if it's not answered promptly, because they wanted to go on holiday break a few hours thereafter, they will just send you notice without explanation or response that your order is cancelled. Looks just like any phishing text or email, so common these days.

So after three days of grief trying to get this fixed and hours on hold & endless loops with no progress, finally I get to some insulting & unprofessional moron named Alex at Loss Prevention who after asking me to confirm my email and shipping and billing addresses, put me on hold twice, hung up on me twice, and last time around, demanded I send him photocopies of 3 gov't issued forms of ID through a special method of which I had never heard. Why does he need all the details to steal my identity?

I had had enough of the B.S. Loss Assurance Dept and Overstock.com's over-kill of its customer. Never again! I bought many other gifts from major companies around the same time with the same card and details and everyone else managed to fulfill my order just fine, without the nightmare these people put me through. There is no excuse for running a company this badly! BUY FROM SOME OTHER COMPANY OR YOU'LL GREATLY REGRET IT!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I placed an order on Dec. 20th for a ceiling fan that was $199.99. On Dec 24 it went down to $171.00. That is 4 days later. I called customer service and they said that price was not showing in their system. WHAT? It absolutely WAS that price. He kept disagreeing with me. I told him it was that price after a coupon and he said he could not apply it. I am livid. I asked to cancel the item and he said it was processing. Keep in mind it is not even expected to get here until Jan 8th. I order online constantly and have NEVER had issues like this, not to mention the turnaround time. NO one takes this long to ship. I will absolutely never buy anything from this site again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I bought a pair of boots from Overstock.com, I also signed up for the Club O Rewards which would allow me to return items free of charge. Well be sure to read the very fine print on that promise! The free returns are only on certain items, which I was very upset about, but decided it was my fault I let them squeeze that in and not notice. So I paid the shipping and sent back my very inferior boots. But I was so fed up with feeling like I was being tricked by yet again by another company with fine print loop-holes that I felt the need to write a review about my experience.

Well, Overstock.com saw my review and called me to say "Well you've had a bad experience and we want to make it up to you." The customer service lady apologized for the fact that fine print was missed by me and reimbursed me for the shipping and would pay my Club O membership for a year. And I'm thinking "Now that's great customer service!" So very much not the case. Not only did billing take back my shipping fee when my boots were finally credited to my account, It took at least 6 times of me calling and explaining IN DETAIL this same story so that they can credit my account correctly, that I finally just gave up and wrote off that shipping fee.

I have never been so frustrated at a customer service department in my life. I, for the life of me could not understand how they did not get what I was saying about this reimbursement. They just kept transferring me back on forth. Sometimes to the same department. Well, I've lived and I've learned. Do not order again from Overstock.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I ordered a toy for my grandson for Christmas from this site and paid extra than I would have from Amazon because the site stated it would arrive by Christmas. Lies!!! I received tracking and it won’t arrive till after Christmas. I contacted customer service and they would do nothing about it. They could have expedited the shipment but they don’t care. They care more about their margins than satisfying or improving their customer service satisfaction. I wish I had seen these reviews before ordering. Will never order from them again. Worst service ever.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I put in an order, paid extra for shipping to have it here for Christmas, said it would be delivered by Dec 21... LIES, now I am not getting till the 27th. WTH am I supposed to do on Dec 27th? Tell my kids that Christmas has been postponed for two days so you'll have to wait... VERY DISAPPOINTED AND WILL NEVER EVEN GET ON YOUR WEBSITE AGAIN. Good luck with your terrible lies and taking money for extra shipping and not delivering.

Overstock.com Company Information