Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.58/5
Based on 1,326 ratings submitted in the last year

994 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I ordered a pillow almost two month ago now. They, "Claim" to have shipped it on July 4th, it still has not been delivered to my home. I can't get an answer from anyone. They sure can take your money the day you order the product but, can't deliver. When trying to track the order it says, (as of July 16th) that they can't share any other information on tracking of the order. I guess I will need to call the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I think you can judge a business by how they handle issues. The customer service at Overstock is TERRIBLE. I ordered a patio umbrella and it wasn’t delivered on the day they “estimated” so nbd ask when it will be here “Tomorrow” is the answer. I ask a day later, “Tomorrow” is the answer AGAIN. Call CS again and now it will be here in 2-3 MORE business days. That’s a full week from the estimated arrival. They have zero accurate answers nor do they care. Never ordering from them again. EVER.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I was told to expect my delivery tomorrow, and then the delivery company called and told me that they were going to let my delivery sit in their warehouse for over a week until they got around for finding room on a truck. This is a mattress, so heaven only knows what it will smell like when it gets here since it is so hot and humid now. The problem with Overstock is that they do not employ competent shipping companies. I called them, and they do not have any procedure for taking complaints. The company does some things well, but clearly does not care about improving the customer's experience.

Original review: July 28, 2019

This has been a nightmare!!! Do yourself a favor and don't buy furniture from these folks. Over a month ago I bought a bed and a headboard from Overstock.com. That's where the nightmare began. They sent me 2 beds, a headboard, a quilt, and a pillow. The headboard and one of the beds were so badly damaged I couldn't put them together. The nuts and screws were all loose in the box. I never opened the second bed after all I only ordered 1. After weeks of texting and calling they gave me credit for 1 bed and the headboard. However, they did not refund the money to their leasing company and they began to hold out notes from my bank account.

When I called Progressive Leasing they said call Overstock. When I called Overstock they said call Progressive. To date they have not credited my account for the 2nd bed or refunded the money to Progressive Leasing. I wouldn't buy another bed from these people if I had go sleep on the floor. DON'T BUY HERE!!! It's a ripoff!!! Wilma **

Original review: July 27, 2019

I ordered several things from Overstock.com in one order. 3 hours after the order I found that my husband had also ordered one of the items (bed frame). I called and spoke with customer service. It was a horrible experience. I felt as if I were on a smoke break with the representative. She was constantly coughing in my ear, and sounded as if she were smoking and not once did not once say excuse me. I told her the situation, she pulled up the order and said she was contacting the warehouse to cancel.

The following day I received an email stating the order had already been shipped but I could contact returns/shipping and PAY to have it returned. 2 days after my conversation with customer service and one day after I was told the product had shipped I received an email from the warehouse that the item was being shipped. They lied about the order and not being able to cancel and about it being already shipped. I feel that they did this so that they can charge a shipping/return fee. I do the majority of my shopping online due to my busy work schedule. I will never purchase from Overstock.com nor will I recommend them to anyone in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I placed an order on Overstock.com for 3 separate items. One was a down pillow a set of 4 for almost $100. Upon receiving the item I noticed the bad smell and that the pillows were not filled completely so as soon as you laid on it it went completely flat. I called the company to issue a return because the item for the cost was misleading and not well made. They told me I can send it back but charged me over $15 to ship it back to them even though the item was unusable.

The other item took over 3 weeks to arrive and I ended up sending that back too because it was way past the delivery promise date and I was lied to multiple times by their reps on the status. I am currently in the process of filing a complaint on this company with the BBB. For the multiple issues. Its the principle of them standing by what they sell if they choose to sell sub par items for an exuberant amount that their not worth, and to stop using the bad shipping company that multiple customers have complained about because of the amount of time it takes to get their items and how bad the site is of showing up to date shipping statuses. I will NEVER buy from Overstock again. Worse experience of my life.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Ordered an entertainment center. Been looking for a certain one. Finally found it. It arrived on time, and we did not assemble it until a couple weeks later as we had a broken foot happen. Started assembling and realized it was not what I wanted. Went online and could not find the one I ordered but this one had the number I ordered. I’m positive they switched on me as this one was marked with a 25% off making it the same price as the one I ordered. Got it all put together except drawers and discovered parts were missing. Called and was told that they would look around the warehouse and see if they could find the parts and if/when they did they would ship them to us. How much you anyone want to bet I never see my drawers. First and last time I buy from this company.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a blanket on 7/4. Tracking, when I could get it to work, said it was shipped on 7/5. Almost 2 weeks later, I am still waiting. Overstock is aware of the awful shipping record their shipper has. But, knowing this, they still use it. They would rather lose customers than use a more reliable company. Then, instead of Overstock helping me, they just referred me to that shipper who does not help. If anyone buys from Overstock, they take the same chance of not getting their delivery. Even a good buy isn't good if you never get your purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased an office suite from Overstock and never received an order confirmation. I later see the item I purchased was out of stock. I called customer service who re assured me my order did go through and was being processed. The next day upon checking my bank online I see the refund from Overstock for the office suite. When I called the customer service rep told me there was inventory error and the office suite was out of stock. I was completely disappointed in the lack of communication and the fact they can't keep proper inventory. Will not be shopping here again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I ordered two comforters on June 28th. They were supposed to be delivered on the 6th of July, which is quite a long delivery time to begin with. On the 6th I checked to see if they were out for delivery but the delivery date had been changed to the 8th. I chatted online with customer service and they were all apologetic but didn’t do anything about it. Just assured me they were sorry and the items would be delivered today. Today customer service tells me to give them one more day. This order was for an Airbnb I own and the order is critical. I have to go out today and spend more money on a comforter because Overstock couldn’t be bothered to call the carrier and ensure my order was delivered today.

Overstock.com Company Information