Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.61/5
Based on 1,654 ratings submitted in the last year

Overstock.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

We ordered a desk. They gave us “free” delivery. The entire desk is double boxed and the desk is bolted to a crate. The delivery company said it was Overstock's problem, the cocky representative at Overstock said it’s the shipper's problem. The reality is it’s our problem. Horrible customer service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever purchased from. Don't ever order electric or battery operated items! I'm stuck with a broken Della portable air unit. The fan shattered in my face only using it less than a month! They want you to pay for return. I'm disabled and live on 3rd floor. I don't have a car. Overstock did not care. After fighting them,they finally agreed to pay for return but I still had to take it to UPS. Yeah that wasn't going to work. Shady and uncaring company. Avoid at all cost! I should sue!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I purchased the 9'x12' Curated Nomad Ashbury Moroccan Area Rug. The pattern is faded in the areas where the carpet was folded in the packaging. Overstock will not refund the purchase price unless I arrange to return the carpet at my expense. Given the size and weight of this carpet, I am not physically capable of packing the carpet, moreover I hired a workman to lay the carpet down ($75) which involved moving a heavy couch.

After several exchanges with Overstock, they agreed to pay for the return but I remain responsible purchaing the packaging material and packing the item which would result in a further expense in order to hire someone to do this. A reputable company would refund the purchase price and have me discard the item. I will be filing a complaint with the consumer affairs division of the NYS Attorney General's Office.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Beware. Ordered an item that showed a stock of three for several weeks while I followed the price. The next day my order was cancelled. I chatted with customer service and was told that they ran out of stock temporarily but that three items were in stock now so I should go ahead and reorder. The next day my order was cancelled again. I chatted with customer service again and all I got was preformulated mumbo jumbo. Everything at Overstock.com is severely overpriced and everything that seems to be a deal doesn't exist and is just there to lure you in. All you get is frustration. Total waste of time. Avoid like the plague.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I recently bought a toy for my dog to replace one that he had for a couple of years. The toy pictured in the ad was the same toy he previously had so I ordered it for a replacement. I recommend the item from Overstock and it was nothing like shown in their ad, so I told them I would be returning it on that basis. I was issued a shipping label for UPS and promptly shipped it back to them. They issued only the amount of the sales tax as a refund. Overstock now has their item back and my money, and will not respond to my messages. Overstock is a rip off company and should not be in business! I definitely will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

We have an unresolved issue with Overstock regarding fees that they charged to our merchant account regarding shipping. We provided proof given to us last year in regards to the new charges and customer support doesn't want to validate without given further information. Then, stop to communicate with us. I am calling every day and no one is answering the phone during business hours. I reach to someone today and she tried to unsuccessfully connect me with someone to no avail. We left messages via email and phone and still, no one reaches out to us. I also complained through BBB and still they did not reply. Very frustrating. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

We found the item we wanted, a table, order it, paid for it, and when it shipped we counted on receiving it. We were foolish to believe them. The day it was supposed to arrive, it didn't. Late that night they changed the delivery date to the next day. It still didn't arrive. For the next week, each day it still didn't arrive yet the date changed each day. When contacted, Overstock customer service could have cared less. Their reason was they had changed shipping companies. They do too much business to send a customer an email stating there is a delivery problem. They offered no resolution. When a company who depends on its customers for orders, yet cares little about their commitments to that customer or the value of that customer, then they don't deserve our business. There are too many good companies out there and ones like Overstock shouldn't be in business.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

Avoid at all costs. You can literally get everything off their site on Amazon for cheaper and quicker delivery. They don’t price match unless you’re a member “monthly sub” and delivery is a joke. It says 2 days but realistically it will be over a week. Majority of their labels are made to catch you off guard and cheat you in some way. You’ve been warned.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I usually make the vast majority of my purchases from Amazon.com, but decided to try Overstock.com because they could provide a quicker delivery. I ordered a total of 4 rugs, 3 of which I received on time. The fourth rug failed to ship and on further research discovered that it sat pending in its origination facility. I had to call and follow up in order to rectify this and was promised a 2 day delivery on the remaining rug. I received notification from Overstock.com that the rug had shipped and was provided with a FedEx tracking number. On checking with FedEx I found that the rug was scheduled to be delivered as promised. However, by the end of the promised day of delivery the date had changed to the following day. Disappointed that Overstock.com failed to ship my original order correctly and then did not fulfill their promise of an expedited delivery.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I bought a fairly expensive bathroom vanity light from Overstock.com (my first mistake). 6-8 months in it is rusting. Company claims it is past the exchange or return window. Ha! No bathroom light should rust this fast. It is a poor quality product that they should stand behind. They just dusted their hands and went the other way. Consumer, you have been warned. Overstock.com is a terrible place to buy products if you want any sort of quality or honorable company to stand behind what you buy.

Overstock.com Company Information