2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Overstock
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5
Based on 1,006 ratings submitted in the last year

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: July 2, 2020

I became a loyal Overstock customer shortly after I purchased my very first house nearly 20 years ago. Now, after several new houses and countless redecorating projects, I no longer place my trust in this company. Customer service is nearly non-existent. They force you into texting or using a chatroom to discuss any issues. Most recently I received a rug that was clearly defective, had been CLEARLY returned by a previous customer and then sent to me. I was in a chat with a rep for over an hour just to process an exchange thanks to the delay in response every time I typed in a new sentence regarding the issue. I won't get into the gritty details but seriously: the entire fiasco was a major pain in the rear end.

When I finally received my replacement rug I was disappointed to discover that it, too, was just as defective as the first. At this point I didn't even bother to complain. My time is far more valuable than arguing with yet another customer service rep - a process that would likely take considerable time out of my life that I'll never get back.

I'm not here to state that Overstock doesn't have good products because it does. Just be mindful that you need to proceed at your own risk. Shipments may be delayed. Customer service is nearly non-existent. Damaged products you have spent your hard-earned money on could very well land on your doorstep. Some just aren't worth the hassle of re-packaging and returning. I have received FAR BETTER service from Amazon and Wayfair. I now only order from Overstock if a product I really like is priced well and even then I cross my fingers hoping it will not arrive damaged. Come on Overstock. You can do better....you just choose not to.

Original review: July 2, 2020

We ordered the Split King adjustable bed and 2 twin XL mattresses. We were kept up to date by UPS on delivery. When delivered all we received were the mattresses. I went to my email from Overstock that says, "Congratulations your order is delivered!" Tried to contact them, only way was text. Texted them and waited. Finally got an agent and explained the order was missing the adjustable bed frames and bases. Their response was, "Ok give us 2 Business days to reach seller and then another 3 business days to get back with you IF they have the parts." What?! For $1400 they had better have the parts. There was no concern, just basically, "Oh well have a nice day." Awful service.... the mattresses alone aren’t worth $1400.... I wish I had ordered from Sleep Number....

Original review: June 29, 2020

I ordered a Wardrobe on 06/07/20 Order No **, I received Box 2/2 on 06/23/20 & no any news about Box 1/2, How am I suppose to do my assembly with one Box, this was suppose to be a gift for my Son, and now it looks very embarrassing. Please send me Box 1/2 ASAP that I can finish my assembly & be proud of my gift for my Son.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I don't even know where to begin!! I applied for the Overstock credit card and was approved, so I started shopping. When I checked out, it should have been placed on my Overstock account.. They took the 1,792.29 out of my PERSONAL BANKING ACCOUNT. Now, first of all, why would I apply for store credit if I could pay for it in full... I can't. Now, my account is past drawn for the SECOND TIME. I never authorized my debit card for this purchase. I contacted the CEO and I got an email back from a manager with no resolve. She basically repeated EVERYTHING I had already stated in the email to the CEO. I called my bank to fix this because it's FRAUD. I have NO PROBLEM paying for my items, I wanted to make payments on them.

In the interim of all of this, they cancelled one of the items, which was the Caleb Gray Fabric Sectional Sofa Chaise with USB Charger and Tablet Pocket listed for $894.49 and the 5 Year protection plan for $59.99 for a total of $986.91. After cancelling it, they STILL took the money out of my account!! WORST COMPANY I have ever had to deal with. I will take my business elsewhere, and so should you. I never authorized this company to take money from my bank account... I never entered my debit card number in for this transaction. Overstock is MONEY hungry and they do NOT care about customer service. Such a shame. Go to Wayfair or Ikea. You have been warned- they illegally take money from people's personal accounts.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I ordered a bolt of Pellon interfacing as the coronavirus pandemic was starting. It showed that there were several bolts in stock. The promised delivery day came and went. Tried to contact customer service and got a l-o-n-g runaround. Had to text and wait sometimes days for someone to call me back. I got the excuse that the delivery service (UPS) wasn't updating their website even though I had on-time deliveries from UPS from other companies. The UPS website showed that a label had been generated but that they never received the package for delivery.

One very pleasant representative told me that the package tracking request with UPS had never been initiated after I was told by an earlier representative that they would initiate a package tracking request. Finally got through to customer service again and was told that the individual I was speaking to would be my point of contact for tracking the package and that he would find out the status of my package. A few hours after that phone conversation, I got an email from Overstock stating that my money was being refunded. I did eventually get my money refunded. (I still wonder what happened to the several bolts that they allegedly had in stock and who got my package of interfacing, if it ever existed!!) And with the multiple, multiple complaints of promised goods that either never arrived or were of poor quality, I have to feel badly for the people that work in customer service. They must have a huge turnaround!!

I wrote a one-star review for the customer service on that purchase and the details never showed up associated with the product. (Surprise, surprise!) Just the other day, I got an email stating that the Pellon interfacing was back in stock. On my iPhone, I clicked on the link in the email and the price for the interfacing was around $46. (I had paid around $38 for the previous purchase but the Pellon interfacing was an in-demand item so I was not surprised by the price increase. The next morning, I clicked on the link again to purchase the Pellon interfacing and the price jumped up to $60!! I thought that there must be some mistake so I clicked on the link in the email again and the price was now $62!!!! I am afraid to click on the link again!

I have purchased from Overstock in the past and been happy with most of the purchases. I did purchase an area rug years ago that was described as being 100% wool and when it arrived, I saw that it was a wool/silk combination. I called customer service. The representative noted that that particular rug was on sale at a significant discount and offered to refund the difference. I had the furniture in the room cleared out to place the area rug and really didn't want the bother of waiting while I found another rug or of returning the item. (Who knows what that would have cost?) I was happy that they refunded the difference. But now Overstock's customer service is almost nonexistent! You might have a satisfactory experience if you purchase a brand product where you are familiar with the quality. But other than that, I really can't recommend the company to anyone. Just seems like they have gone really downhill!

Original review: June 25, 2020

Place order first of May, 2 weeks later no shipment or confirmation, Tried to contact customer service, no response. 1 week later talked to customer service they said it would be refunded, No refund called CC company set up a dispute. Called Overstock again. Talked to customer service again. This time I was assured we would get our refund. Next day in a email I was told I would have to cancel my dispute to get my refund. Call Overstock again and talked to a supervisor and was told they could not do anything unless I cancelled my dispute. I'm no longer a customer and will not recommend anyone buy from Overstock. Letting the CC company fight it out with Overstock.

Original review: June 24, 2020

Ordered an item. I keep getting Messages from your company in UPS saying that the package is on the way. This has happened several times now still no package. I want my refund. They say well wait another day. That’s ridiculous. The package is not coming. Very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 18, 2020

I had a horrible experience with buying a mattress here. I was nearly certain they had a 100 day trail but 14 days in I found out that is not the case. Buy somewhere else and make sure you take a picture of the policies!

Original review: June 17, 2020

DO NOT PURCHASE FROM OVERSTOCK! These people owe me 900$, I purchased a table that was canceled and I received no notification. After reaching out May 22nd KAREN D. mentioned the refund was processed and it would take 5 days. After waiting 2 weeks I reached out again and KAREN D said let PAYPAL handle it. According to paypal they have not responded yet. THESE PEOPLE ARE A NIGHTMARE! Save the headache! SO UNPROFESSIONAL KAREN D and OVERSTOCK! STOP BLAMING WAREHOUSES AND GET IT TOGETHER!

Original review: June 17, 2020

I purchased vinyl tile from Overstock, the color looked good on the website. However, when I received the package, the color looked faded. The tile is vinyl but it is suprisingly heavy. I asked for return and refund. Pre-paid shipping label cost $121. My purchase cost $250. So, I had to pay almost 50% of the cost of my purchase to ship it back. Therefore, I do not recommend to buy vinyl tile from that company. Because if you do not like the color of your flooring, you had to spend a lot of money to ship it back and lose a lot of money.

Overstock Company Information