2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.7/5 (2438 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

Over a month ago I ordered a children's bookcase but was sent the incorrect item, a heavy children's kitchen set. I contacted Overstock who said they would resend the bookcase and I would just have to return the error item. After explaining that I have two young kids at home and could not physically carry this box to UPS, they arranged for the carrier to do an at home pick up. Long story short, UPS did not show up, the Overstock team told me twice, on two separate calls, that due to the in delivery/pick up issue that I could keep or dispose of the incorrect item rather than return and I would not be charged. Now, one month later, I woke to a notification that I have been charged $170 for the item I did not want. Arghhh! Customer service has been anything but helpful. So frustrating!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Patio cushions we ordered were not the color on website and were cheap material. Tried to return and Overstock OVERCHARGED us a 50% return shipping fee, Never Again. No one does this, Amazon, Best Buy, etc. The cushions were $55 and the return shipping fee was $29.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Within 20 minutes of ordering a coffee table on this site, I requested to cancel the order. I got an auto-generated message that they would reply with 2-3 days. I received a message a day later saying that the item was being "processed for shipment" and that I could not cancel the order. Three days later, the table has STILL not actually been shipped, so there was PLENTY of time to cancel it. Worse, I cannot return it without incurring a huge shipping cost - the item is heavy and awkward - because my reason for returning it doesn't comply with the ones for which they pay return shipping. I will never order from this site again and will go back to Amazon where cancellations are done ASAP and returns are easy and free with Prime.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

2 months late and they made me pay for shipping back to the third party seller. They brokered the deal, I paid for the item, the item was to take 2 weeks for delivery. They took 2 months and wouldn't let me return the partial delivery until the whole order was delivered.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I recently purchased ~$10,000 in furnishings for my new home which included a $1,500 King mattress. Upon receiving the mattress, I lied down on it and realized that it was too tall for my platform and too soft for my liking. My request for a refund was rejected because Overstock.com policy states the following: "You will only qualify for a full refund for damaged or defective mattresses, mattress sets, or foundations if you refuse the item(s) at the time of delivery. If damage/defects are found after delivery, please notify us immediately." It is impossible to know that you will like furniture simply by viewing it on a website. Furniture is used in our living spaces and therefore, we can only know if it meets our needs if we "experience" it in our living space. Overstock.com fails to realize this important fact and therefore, I will never waste another dollar with them.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

Customer happiness / satisfaction is a management of expectations. If you say you’ll deliver a product at a certain time then you probably should. Regarding tracking: No communicating / no tracking / 20+ emails to customer service. Nobody can tell you when your purchase will actually arrive or where it is. You’ll get many emails telling you that they are looking into it and to wait 1-2 business days, and tell you the same thing 2 business days later and so on and so on, for 3 weeks now on 3 different orders.

PLEASE NOTE: The ETA given on the website isn’t to your actual home but their shipping hub. Once the items have or in my case didn’t even arrive to shipping hub they are marked as delivered in your account. No updates or new tracking numbers provided. I’m still waiting on half an order to arrive one month later and the other half had to be cancelled because it didn’t show up to hub. Their customer service had told me that it will be 16 business day to deliver - which is like 1985. I order many items from around the world and Overstock is the only line that’s takes more than 7 business days. DO NOT ORDER - PLEASE - there are many other shops with quality products with excellent tracking services.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Looked at multiple such items. Didn't realize I was allergic to the fabric. They want $24.00 to return it. I'll never buy from them again. I asked about returns they said, "Our return policy is clearly stated" and I would have to pay it goodbye.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I bought 2 couches during the first wave of the pandemic. Sadly I chose Overstock.com. I have never seen something look so terrible after just a few weeks. The fabrics start wearing out even with a cover over them. Foam has no strength either. The frames creek, bur the bolts are not loose. I feel terrible that they were made to just end up in a landfill. They simply are not meant to be refurbished as you would with any normal piece after years of use.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Overstock would do nothing about refunding or returning a $200 defective Motorized car I bought on their site. After 30 days they do nothing and had no warranty from the mfg. Why are they selling junk with no warranty and then not warranting it themselves. Stay away from cheap crap imports that they sell a lot of.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Bad experience overall. The item I ordered was found to be a LOT cheaper at Wayfair and when I contacted Overstock about it they said I would have to become a member of Club O member ($20/year) for them to help me with a price match. How pathetic. I will just return the item, shop at Wayfair, and never go back to Overstock. Simple.

Overstock Company Information