Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.56/5
Based on 1,639 ratings submitted in the last year

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Overstock.com Reviews

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! Needless to say, the vanity was damaged! Long story short, Overstock immediately sent us a new one when we contacted them!! Their customer service was beyond wonderful!! They actually called to discuss it with us AND emailed us!! And they were real people, not robots!! We will definitely purchase more from them in the future!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's nice to deal with honest caring people. Real people not robots. This is by far the best outlet online. They are with you from start to finish. Excellent products and total satisfaction. Problems are resolved hassle free. Did I mention friendly. They actually call you on the phone to verify your satisfaction or any concerns. Folks-- these are the people you want to deal with.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have ordered quite a lot from Overstock and had only 1 bad experience. When I contacted customer service the item that had been lost after shipping was sent via express service. I have ordered both large and small ticket items and love this site.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am not going to lie upon ordering from Overstock.com. For my first time I was very apprehensive. I spent about a week looking at reviews online and trying to find all of the information I could about this company as I had never order from it and I had previously used Wayfair although I took the plunge. I ordered a $200 carpet from Overstock and it came within, I’d like to say five days, and I have been extremely happy with the way it turned out. The quality of it, the texture, overall. Everything about the rug is beyond my expectations. I’m a verified seller and I highly recommend Overstock.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I bought a Mahogany Executive Chair for $489; and within 6 months the chair tilts forward as if you will fall on the ground. Overstock gave me the Vendor to work with. They replaced the part. Now 6 months have passed and the chair has the same problem tilts forward. Overstock will not address the issue except to say you have to work with the Vendor. The Vendor does not return my phone calls. Will not buy from the company again. Better off going to a reputable furniture company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I ordered a rug and non-slip pad from Overstock.com on Black Friday, November 29. The rug was scheduled to arrive at my home in Oregon on December 4. I received a notification on 12/4 from Overstock stating that both items had been delivered, but I only found the non-slip pad in my mailbox. I got in touch with a representative who told me that the rug was at the post office and I should go there to pick it up. However, when I used my tracking number to locate the rug, I saw that it had been shipped through UPS, and delivered to someone's front door in New York City!! Was the Overstock employee so lazy and incompetent that they couldn't take the time to investigate what happened with my item? So, I contacted Overstock again and spoke to another representative, who confirmed that the rug had indeed been dropped off somewhere in New York City, and she said that she would send me a replacement that would arrive at the end of the next week.

I asked her to expedite the shipment because I was expecting to receive the rug days ago, and she said that "she couldn't." I asked her if her supervisor could, and she said that they can't expedite shipping either. So, I asked her to give me a refund and told her that I would be writing a review of Overstock.com based on this experience, to which she replied, "oh well, honesty is the best policy." She refunded the rug but never offered to refund the non-slip pad, which is pretty much useless without the rug. This is my first time shopping at Overstock.com in about 15 years, and it will be my last time.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had two horrendous experiences with Overstock in the last month. First, I ordered a wooden kitchen table and chair set in white. They sent me another color entirely. When I called to complain the customer service representative was honest. He told me not to return and order again because there was NO GUARANTEE they would send the white one. So I returned that.

I also ordered a purse from them. It was never clear to me it was through another seller or that they didn’t ever accept returns. The first day I used the purse it never closed as the clasp didn’t work. I was walking around stores with my purse wide open. Overstock refuses to refund me for this broken purse. I’m now deleting my account and will never buy from them again. Truthfully, they deserve NO STARS.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This company and the made up company Big Lots are in cohorts to sell you no good items and then when they never give you a refund. They are shysty companies that need to get put in the Better Business Bureau and FCC and any other agency the protect consumers. This kind of companies ripping people off. I been waiting on a refund for weeks. They playing games. It not right. Not fair at all. This is wrong. Not good business practices. Beware!!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

This review is about Overstock's return policy. I was surprised to be charged 18% of the total of my item in order to return it. And of course this is the only way to ensure that you won't get charged for any damage. Unless you're 100 percent sure you want your item, don't shop at Overstock.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I purchased two nightstands and was told they would arrive in 20 business days. They never arrived and the FedEx tracking number showed that they never were received as no initial destination was listed. Was then told they would reship and I would receive them in approximately 10 business day after I contacted them. 5 days later I was sent a full refund as they stated they were out of stock. They should have known they were out of stock when stating they would reship unless they have a poor inventory tracking system. First time buyer: Poor Service, Poor Communication. If I could give them a 0 I would.

Overstock.com Company Information