3.31/5

961 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's nice to deal with honest caring people. Real people not robots. This is by far the best outlet online. They are with you from start to finish. Excellent products and total satisfaction. Problems are resolved hassle free. Did I mention friendly. They actually call you on the phone to verify your satisfaction or any concerns. Folks-- these are the people you want to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have ordered quite a lot from Overstock and had only 1 bad experience. When I contacted customer service the item that had been lost after shipping was sent via express service. I have ordered both large and small ticket items and love this site.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am not going to lie upon ordering from Overstock.com. For my first time I was very apprehensive. I spent about a week looking at reviews online and trying to find all of the information I could about this company as I had never order from it and I had previously used Wayfair although I took the plunge. I ordered a $200 carpet from Overstock and it came within, I’d like to say five days, and I have been extremely happy with the way it turned out. The quality of it, the texture, overall. Everything about the rug is beyond my expectations. I’m a verified seller and I highly recommend Overstock.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered a large leather sofa on July 31 and the item was delivered to my home in August 3rd. The free, white glove delivery included minor assembly, trash removal (the item was quite large and very well packed so I was glad to not have to deal with the leftover packing materials) and delivery to my room of choice. The sofa is beautiful and exactly as advertised, including color. I can't believe how quickly it arrived. I had actually ordered a sofa for another room from another company about a month prior and fully expected this to be the first one I purchased. Because of this, I had the wrong room cleared out and the pathway I'd cleared to be helpful actually obstructed the route they needed to take. The delivery service was prompt, courteous, and efficient and waited patiently for me to clear a new path. I am very happy with my first experience with this company.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a vanity with a granite countertop on April 20th, which was shipped on April 26th and delivered on May 3rd. When it was delivered, the countertop was broken in two pieces, and I immediately notified the delivery person who refused to accept the return. Then, I talked to an Overstock rep, who told me that they would work on the issue and let me know the resolution within 2 - 5 business days. Today is May 13th and it’s been 10 days. I’ve reached out almost everyday to get an update, but all I got was just to wait and be hopeful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have ordered 3 times from Overstock and was only happy with 1 purchase. The first time I needed to call customer service was when I ordered a mattress. I received the mattress and it was defective. It was sinking in upon arrival. I called to return the item and ask them for a refund. They told me that mattresses aren't returnable and they couldn't give me my money back. After that fiasco, I told myself to never shop with them again. Somehow I did. Now I made a purchase with their store credit card and I mistakenly entered a wrong digit in my banking account number while paying off the purchase completely while there was no payment due at the time (before my bill generated). I got a notice a couple days later saying my payment didn't go through. I found out that I typed 1 digit wrong somehow so I fixed the error immediately and made the payment again with success.

A month later I have a bill for $27 for returned payment because of the error. I contacted customer service to attempt to get the fee waived and they flat out told me no. I never carry a balance on this card and only used it twice and paid the bill immediately and I couldn't get that fee waived once??? I'm closing my account and never using them again! Run from this company! They only want your money! Once they got it, you're no longer a factor! God forbid you get a defective product or need to contact them for anything! RUN!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Em: I have a Club O Membership which offers free returns. I recently purchased an item on the Overstock website that listed as a “marketplace Seller”. I was able to use my Club O reward dollars on the purchase as well as earning Club O points in the purchase. It was shipped for free per the terms of my Club O Membership. But when I went to return the item, I was told that I would be charged a 50% restocking fee as well as the shipping cost. After 3 hours and 4 customer service agents I was told that due to being a 3rd party vendor my membership doesn’t apply so no free return for me! What?? My membership applied to every other aspect of the purchase and there is absolutely NO disclaimer stating that Club O Memberships are not valid on Marketplace vendors purchases.

When I spoke to Curtis, Dominique, Donna and Naomi, I was also told that “you should have known” and “your points are absolutely not applied (which they were)” and “nothing we can do”. I asked all of them to point out any terms and conditions that listed this caveat to the membership and not one of them could direct me to it. Then it was back to “you should have known”. I truly believe that this is a bait and switch and I am wondering if there is a class action out there because certainly it is affecting others.

I have filed with the Attorney General as well. Overstock.com’s customer service truly lags behind the industry standard. When I mentioned to one of the agents that my Amazon Prime membership covers outside vendors they stated, “We're not Amazon”. I can attest to that. Save yourself the trouble and go with another company. These guys are truly substandard. I will reiterate what another poster stated. I spoke rob Donna as well. She is incredibly rude and insulting. In all of my years of being a consumer it was hard to believe that any company would have someone like her be the last impression that you have.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Ordered a cabinet April 5th. Said it was shipped and estimated arrival 4/18. Got an updated arrival date of 4/25. On 4/30 I called. They said they would look for the package and call me back. No return call. On May 1st I contacted them again through text. The Customer Service agent told me they were out of stock. She would look for my package that had been delivered but they would go ahead and cancel the order if they couldn't find it after 4 days. This is my first and last time using OverStock. Stick with Amazon. I've never had any trouble with them. Terrible customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Purchased a hair product item only. But was shipped [along with the item I actually ordered] a vase that was not in my cart when I ordered hair product. Wanted to return the vase was told I'd have to pay shipping of $16 to return item I never ordered! As part of their "friendly customer service" I was offered a free return if I became a member of "Club O" for $19/year [how ludicrous].

How's that for a bait and switch routine! After "chatting" with CS, they finally "discounted" the ship fee by 50% and told me to take return to nearest UPS store which is 35 miles away. Customer service [oxymoron alert] then offered to arrange a UPS pickup for an additional $25.26! Again out of their great concern for my satisfaction they reduced the UPS charge by half!

The whole ordeal took up 45 mins of my time "dickering" with their customer service just to return an item that I didn't order!! Finally, after advising CS that I would be visiting this and all other similar sites, they arranged UPS pickup at no charge! But I'm still charged $6.32 for the return which in turn will cost them a lot more as I will not be visiting OS ever again. Their business plan obviously includes some very shady practices. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying from OS.com!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Updated on 04/23/2019: Today I received a phone call from a Donna from the Executive Relations Department. She blamed us for wear and tear and any child could see that the rug we purchased had been repaired and was not in "New" condition. She was extremely rude and stated they do not rent rugs. What! Overstock does not stand behind what they sell nor the customer. They will find reasons and excuses that it is not their problem. She added I needed to contact the manufacturer which if she would have read my email she would know that I already had. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OVERSTOCK - YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. With great concern for future buyers, buyer beware.

Original Review: Vintage Distressed Overdyed Cyril Purple/Blue Rug. At first we loved it, it looked great. After one plus years we noticed a discoloration in a small 4" x 6" square which revealed a repair had been done. Nothing in the description stated a repair was made. Neither Overstock or Noori Rug would stand behind us. Overstock offered a $200.00 refund on a $1,743.00 rug. Buyer Beware.

Original review: April 22, 2019

After 2 weeks of ordering product I wanted a status. The tracking link in the email sent did not work so I called in. Status was order not confirmed. 3 weeks out, I call again and was promised someone will call me back in 48 hours due to status closed-not delivered. No one called me. Called back in 2 days and was told the product was a the destination city and someone from the local port would call me within 48 hours. They could not schedule the delivery. 5 days, no phone call. I call back and was told shipment came in several boxes and that's the reason for delay. All boxes are now received and was told someone will be calling waiting 48 hours. It's been 4 weeks and no product. Such BS---bad service! I will never use Overstock again.

Original review: April 22, 2019

I went on the website to shop around then upon checking out I was offered an Overstock card in which I got approved for 5k so the card comes in and I go online to purchase some items using the card. It goes through then 3 days later all the things I ordered get cancelled for no reason so I reach out to Overstock and they inform me to call Synchrony Bank in which I did then they connected me with fraud department which was extremely rude. They treated me like I was wanted for murder or something. He asked me to provide front and back of my id, social and a utility bill and then he said he would call back and that I should receive a letter.. Why am I having to go through all this?

They said that they are making sure that I am who I say I am after they have already approved me and put a hard pull on my credit file but I provided the info anyway but after that creep crap they pulled I no longer want the card and since they wanna treat me like a crook then I'll just return the favor by contacting the credit bureaus and disputing the hard inquiry. 2 can play that game!!!! No need for them to further reach out to me or have me provide anything further. They can keep the 5k...THE END!!!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

I purchased 2 bottles of sunscreen for the scalp via Amazon. They arrived in a flimsy leaking bag in the mail. Neither I nor Amazon could reach them on the phone. Apparently there is no customer service to resolve problems. BE AWARE....

Original review: April 18, 2019

This company is appalling. They harass the family of deceased customers just for an almighty dollar. THEY WILL have Ascension Recovery Services harass you. If you open an estate for a deceased customer THEY WILL come after family members for any money owed. I hope these sorry ** rot in hell for harassing family of deceased customers just for money.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Online credit application doesnt give option of denying amount accepted for. When I tried to cancel my approval by phone only can talk to computer. Instead of cancelling it within 10 minutes of approval the account was closed!! I don't know what the impact on my credit will be but it should have been as easy as canceling my request for credit. If a human had misunderstood me wanting to close this account would it have still been set in stone? When humans finally got on phone Gerald claims nothing he could do except open it back up. Hard to believe he couldn't fix the automated mistake. To top it off only way to complain about this web problem is to write a letter!!! Even Gerald saw the irony in this!

Original review: April 13, 2019

I order 4 rugs. The quality of the rugs was so bad I do not know why they are selling such a poor quality. They charge me $30 to return $45 rugs. I will never buy from them again. Also, I has to pay $30 more to return the other 2 rugs. I kept one.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I ordered a sink, later on I receive an email confirming that the item has been sent, and the tracking number was provided. I was even given an estimated arrival date. But in reality nothing was sent. The shipping provider company stated "Label created". I finally decided to contact customer service and ask what was going on. And got news - my order has been canceled a day ago. No emails. And like a magic they found one more sink the same model and promise to send it to me. So, they creating a new order, "cancel" the original one and all story is repeated again. No sink, not even shipping confirmation. Contacting them again. And again - news! The item was going to be sent in 2 months from now. And new order is just submitted, and the sink will be sent by the original order... Do you get it? because I'm not.

And I have a company working on my countertop coming next week, and of course they need the sink. So I asked to cancel all of my orders (as I'm not sure what they did else under my account). I will need to contact them again a few times to make sure everything is done right. I regret I didn't research this company before making any purchase. I would definitely never deal with it if I did.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Customer Service is the worst that I have ever experienced in online purchasing. They advertised a coupon for 15% which had no exceptions and then would not honor it. I asked to stop the order and they said it already shipped and said they would charge me 20% to return the item. They are not a reputable firm. I order thousands of dollars each month managing an organization and would never do business with them again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have been ordering through Overstock since last 2018 and have enjoyed their service for two reasons: My items arrived safely and without damage, second, they prompt you when your order has been placed and when it is being shipped out. Last March 28 at 11:05 am PT, I ordered an item. I reached out to customer service on the same day at 12:14 PM PT. He/She said she/ he will try to stop the shipment and that someone will reach out to me after 1-2 business days. On March 29, at 6:09 am PT, I received a message saying the item has been shipped. From the time I made a request, no one reached out to me for any follow throughs.

On the same day at 6:23 am PT or 14 mins later, I reached out to customer service again and told them I cancelled the item. I also sent the photos of text history to the representative. The representative apologized and said he/she sent an email requesting to contact UPS to cancel the delivery of the item. April 3 at 5:05 pm PT, I received a message that items were delivered. It is so disappointing how there were no follow through or updates and I get charged $50+ to return the item. It's not rocket science to be in a customer service position and not be able to efficiently handle an issue from start to finish. They were satisfied with the fact that they were able to make the request and not care what goes on after.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Let me rate my experience with Overstock as the worst ever. I would rate the product if it was to ever arrive. Five weeks and nothing! My first time using Overstock and my last. Hands down worst online ordering experience I’ve ever had. I’ve asked to cancel the order and was told me it was too late (yes Overstock, it’s all too late!). Stick with Amazon, Wayfair or any other online ordering site but stay away from this one!

Original review: April 8, 2019

Their product description on Amazon said 3 boxes of a dozen red erasable pens for approximately $47.00. What I received was 3 pens. Only. Not a dozen and especially not 3 dozen. Only 3. For $47.00?! I emailed them and they said the product description was wrong and they apologize. I said ok, will you send me the other 33 pens that I paid for? Or give me a credit and I will just reorder the correct amount. Nope. They sure won't. I have to send the 3 red pens back before they will refund my $47.00. They sent me a return label, but seriously? I have to send 3 pens back or they will keep my $47.00??!! It's stupid. Common sense. Common decency. Logical thinking.

If they possessed any of those qualities, they would see how ridiculous it is for me to have to send 3 ink pens back. I could understand if I received 3 dozen blue pens, when I wanted red. But they are holding my $47.00 for 3 not 33 not 23 but 3 pens. The CSR needs to be given some freedom of discernment. Save on the postage of sending 3 pens. Deduct what 3 pens would cost from my $47.00 and give me an Amazon credit of the difference. Wouldn't that make it so much easier, logical, smoother exchange/refund process?

Original review: April 6, 2019

I bought a ring near $ 500. The stone was full and desired to return it. The band was perfect, no scratches. I wore it 4 days. I got insurance on the return. When they got it they said it was damaged with scratches. And refused to give me my money back. Then returned it to me deliberately DAMAGED! Deep grooves and scratches in the band. They SAY THEIR WAREHOUSE WOULD NEVER DO THAT. And say I sent it back that way. So it my word against them. They lie, damage and steal your money!! This is an awful Company. STAY AWAY. Multiple complaints to customer service. They denied it every time. I am stuck to pay for damaged goods! Horrible. Zero ⭐️. I had to put one just to write this.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Wow, Overstock.com makes RETURNS TOUGH as I read on here. I thought it was just issues with my purchase but it seems to be an on going trend! I re-purchased a purse that I had bought before 4 years ago. LOVE the purse, wanted another one! So I buy it off Overstock.com. The leather company was the same. Same Name and Look of the purse so indeed It is the SAME purse so I purchased it. Lo and behold it arrives and the manufacture shortened the leather straps by like 3 inches so now the purse doesn’t fit the same. I’m a tall girl and it just wont work for me anymore…easy enough right? Well, not with Overstock.

First, on the website when I tried to create a shipping label myself I was literally almost TRICKED into paying for the shipping! When I noticed the shipping cost in Red writing at the bottom of the page it “Seemed” that’s what I would pay…but WHY? I was sure I must had been interpreting it wrong so thankfully I called and I was correct! If you choose to return a purchase for ANY REASON using their WEBSITE you AUTOMATICALLY agree to buyers remorse and agree to pay for the shipping back!! Absurd!!!

So over the phone I told the associate that the purse was NOT what I expected as the manufacturer shortened the straps when the employee said that he was able to grant me the return label ONLY because the length of the straps were not included in the description. So of course I asked him if the dimensions did so happen to be included you wouldn’t be able to grant me the refund? He said YES!!!! WHAT??? For something that should have been uniform (Like a shoe size) and something SO trivial I would have had to PAY for return shipping!!! Who looks at something so trivial when you buy the SAME item from the SAME company of the SAME name… you just simply expect the same product but Overstock.com doesn’t think so. For an 100% Online company to be so cheap and cut throat about shipping I will certainly shop elsewhere. As of today I will NEVER BUY FROM OVERSTOCK.COM AGAIN!!! I narrowly avoided a big headache!

Original review: March 26, 2019

Before my order, or payment, had even been processed, I requested to cancel the order. They refused. Result: $97+ in shipping costs billed to me for an item I requested to cancel just 4 hours after placing the order. I fail to see how making their warehouse ship and then receive the same item is good business practice when surely an email or phone call could have cancelled the order before anything was shipped in the first place. Note that the item indicated on the listing that it would take 2-3 days to ship.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I really wanted this Keter Cool Bar Patio Beverage Cooler. Overstock has it at $100.00 CND, I was about to order 2, when I noticed the shipping charge is also $100 - Crazy right. So I did a research, you can find it at walmart.com for $67.00. I ended up purchasing 2 on amazon.ca, a couple of dollars more expensive, but no charge for Shipping. SERIOUSLY OVERSTOCK.CA you need to do something about your shipping rates. With so much competition like wayfair.ca, & Amazon. Canadians are people too, and we are not across an ocean. Don't get me wrong I don't give the product 1 star, the review is for OVERSTOCK.CA. Don't give your website a Canadian name, if you can't cater to your neighbors.

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is not a navy rug. Not even close. It is medium ocean blue at best. Much different color than expected. I ordered from Walmart, not realizing when I ordered it it was coming from a 3rd party- Overstock. I tried to return it to Walmart, which is when I was informed that it had actually come from Overstock and I would have to deal with them on the return. I stated that I had ordered it from Walmart online. The example I was given is the Amazon sells third party items. It works the same way, except it doesn't. Customers send their stuff back to Amazon and they get it back to the third party company.

Walmart referred me to Overstock where it came from. They will accept a return minus $28.69 shipping fees, which is almost half the price of the rug. ($61.27) I explained that this isn't even close to the pic in color and it is definitely not navy as stated. They said they aren't responsible for the color differences on computer monitors and therefore, will not provide return shipping. I went round and round with them, this is not as described or pictured, but to no avail. I would have to pay to return the rug. So buyer beware when dealing with Walmart. And also Overstock. Both are scam artists. This is the second problem with Overstock. I ordered a dresser that came very damaged. I am in the process of buying a new house and will be in need of many household items. You may rest assured, I will not be purchasing anything from Overstock. They are unreliable and do not stand by their products. BTW- I can't even find this rug on Overstock's website.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had no idea this product was made in China. Tracking was difficult to use and it took WAY too long, like 2 months, for this item to get here. The package came damaged and the bars were lightly soiled, as if it was a returned package to begin with! Customer service was horrible. I sent pics as requested to show item and was told I could ship it back, but not where to. Also they offered in an email a small credit but I never heard back. I sent several emails, each time a different person got back to me, and still a month later, this issue has not been resolved. I will NEVER order from Overstock.com ever again.

Original review: March 21, 2019

They sold me 6 Chairs saying it is Rome Leather chairs! But it started pealing. The Upholstery guys told me that it is not leather! I found out Overstock.com will not refund or do anything about it since I didn’t call right away. I didn’t know it wasn’t leather since the name says “Leather” I believed it and paid too much money for it! Never buy anything from Overstock.com.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Bought a Bissell carpet cleaner. Shows up a week late and open the box to find a used unit just thrown into an empty box with all the hardware tossed in afterwards. No packing, nothing. So it's beat up beyond words. We'll see how customer service responds to this but I'm not hopeful after reading the other reviews and customer service nightmares.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Purchase some items and it was not the right item. Now, they want me to paid for shipping return even it not my fault the item was wrong. It took several calls to complain and the persons sound like beginner.

Overstock.com Company Information