2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Shop on Overstock
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.83/5
Based on 1,005 ratings submitted in the last year

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

BOTTOM LINE

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

PROS

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

CONS

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Top Overstock Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock immediately sent us a new one when we contacted them!! They actually called to discuss it with us AND emailed us!!

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polices … You can buy anything and have them deliver to your door. It has been a good experience so far.

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?
Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.
Does Overstock sell fake products?
No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.
Is there an Overstock store?
Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.
Is there Overstock in Canada?
Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: June 22, 2020

I ordered two shelving units from Overstock.com. It was on that site that I found the best quality for the lowest price. One of the shelves arrived a few days late but the other box was sent all over the country by UPS and I couldn't get UPS to finally send it to me after 2-3 weeks of phone calls to multiple people. I texted a customer service person from Overstock and they re-issued my order. I called the next day to confirm and talked with a wonderful customer service rep. My new box arrived within days! They were wonderful.

Original review: May 18, 2020

I ordered a rug on the Overstock.com website and was excited to see how fast it would be delivered. I ordered on 05-06-20 the label was created and the rug was to be delivered on 05-14-20. So when it did not show up I went back to my account and saw that it had been shipped but once I went to the FEDEX site and tracked all it said was the label had been created but there was no ETA. So here it is 05-18-20 and I have tried and tried to contact customer service but you either have to text or email. Now there is a RMA on my account. I done. I just want my money back into my account.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 8, 2020

This has been the BEST mattress I've ever slept on. I love my mattress and every night when I lay down on my bed I am so thankful I went with this company. I will go back to Overstock when it's time for a new one... which will be a long time as this one has held up beyond any other I have had.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Comforter set. Arrived quickly. Toss pillow had a big black smear on the back. I took a picture of it and sent them an email. Within 5 or 10 minutes, a customer service rep called me. She was super nice, apologetic, and said they'd send a replacement. She called back yesterday and said it had just been mailed. I got it today, only it wasn't just a pillow. They sent another complete set! Happy dance! But did I just get lucky? This was my first time doing business with them, but after reading so many negative reviews, I'm apprehensive about ordering again.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! Needless to say, the vanity was damaged! Long story short, Overstock immediately sent us a new one when we contacted them!! Their customer service was beyond wonderful!! They actually called to discuss it with us AND emailed us!! And they were real people, not robots!! We will definitely purchase more from them in the future!!

Original review: July 13, 2020

After having their CC for years, and paying on time every time, I learned they have been assessing late fees because their system is set up to screw the customer over. You can't set up an auto pay and when you set up a payment in advance, they will change your minimum payment due by a few dollars to charge you a $40 late fee. Their customer service is horrible, spend 30 mins on the phone with three different rude people that wouldn't resolve. BBB claim was started. Would not recommend their card or credit services and I will never buy from them again.

Original review: July 11, 2020

I shipped back merchandise but they keep giving me a runaround about getting money refunded. They told me it would take 10 days, it never came. Called their loss prevention department. I was told it is PayPal fault. PayPal has cleared it.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I am furious with this company. I have been shopping online incessantly to furnish my new house and this is the ONLY company that has been a problem. I ordered a mirror because it was FREE SHIPPING - but that's a lie. They NEVER delivered the product at all. I waited and waited and was watching the tracking and see it sitting in the same place for over a week, then to the next place where it sits for weeks and ultimately tracking says "returned to shipper."

I then contact Overstock to find out what happened. I'm told I have to contact some other company who supplied the product and ultimately that I have to pay a $150 return shipping fee because I never set an appointment for delivery. No one ever told me such a thing was required. No one ever contacted me for an "appointment" and I never received the product! I am fuming angry. I have received ZERO refund. IMO, this is theft. They have stolen $350 from me for a product that was never delivered. I will never buy from this company again and warn anyone to be careful. If I could give -5 stars I would.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Never purchase from this company. If you ever receive an incorrect or damaged item customer service will be rude and unhelpful. Very unreliable and the quality of most of their products leaves a lot to be desired. Amazon, QVC, Walmart, Target are all much better companies. Overstock is awful. Avoid them unless you like aggravation. If I could I would give zero stars because 1 star is more than they deserve.

Original review: July 2, 2020

I became a loyal Overstock customer shortly after I purchased my very first house nearly 20 years ago. Now, after several new houses and countless redecorating projects, I no longer place my trust in this company. Customer service is nearly non-existent. They force you into texting or using a chatroom to discuss any issues. Most recently I received a rug that was clearly defective, had been CLEARLY returned by a previous customer and then sent to me. I was in a chat with a rep for over an hour just to process an exchange thanks to the delay in response every time I typed in a new sentence regarding the issue. I won't get into the gritty details but seriously: the entire fiasco was a major pain in the rear end.

When I finally received my replacement rug I was disappointed to discover that it, too, was just as defective as the first. At this point I didn't even bother to complain. My time is far more valuable than arguing with yet another customer service rep - a process that would likely take considerable time out of my life that I'll never get back.

I'm not here to state that Overstock doesn't have good products because it does. Just be mindful that you need to proceed at your own risk. Shipments may be delayed. Customer service is nearly non-existent. Damaged products you have spent your hard-earned money on could very well land on your doorstep. Some just aren't worth the hassle of re-packaging and returning. I have received FAR BETTER service from Amazon and Wayfair. I now only order from Overstock if a product I really like is priced well and even then I cross my fingers hoping it will not arrive damaged. Come on Overstock. You can do better....you just choose not to.

Overstock Company Information