1.18/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

869 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I purchased a chair, ottoman, love seat & couch from Overstock.com... They delivered the chair & ottoman at 6 am while I was sleeping, during a rainstorm. They left the 2 boxes on my patio in the rain. Being a single woman who lives alone, I had a very difficult time dragging the chair up my front steps (6 steps). I call their customer service worried they would leave the couch & love seat on the patio. Their customer service rep assured me she sent email to warehouse & requested the sofa & love seat be delivered into the 1st floor of my home. The next day I came home from work & found the sofa & love seat, sitting out front on the patio. I was livid, but defeated. I have to pay someone to help me pull this furniture into my home, and can't get any help until the day after tomorrow. So the furniture will sit out front. NEVER BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

11/13/18. I ordered some patio chairs and then changed my mind. I canceled the order while the status still said "processing". Overstock's return policy states that a full refund will be issued if the order has not been processed. They are now trying to charge a restocking fee of $111.00 because they say I refused delivery of the item. They were never delivered to me. This is completely untrue! I disputed the charge with my credit card and they are saying that Overstock provided a tracking number showing that they were delivered and I refused the delivery. They had to have manufactured this because it is completely untrue. I will never order anything from Overstock again.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I ordered a futon frame and mattress. I was offered two colors, brown and green, I choose green, I got beige. The frame is nice and the mattress is adequate. When I contacted the company about their error, they apologized and asked if I wished to return it. I said yes but it was not practical. The mattress weighs about 100lbs and was packed in a very large and damaged box. The only way to open it was to cut the box and shrink wrap. They said they could refer me to U-Haul for packaging to return it. There is no way I can lift, or drive it to U-Haul to have it packaged and shipped. I told them I was disabled and they offered a $53 credit not cash as a consolation. I have yet to receive that. They also said they would refer me to parts department for matching pillows their gift.

When parts got back to me they said there were no matching pillows which is what I told the first guy. They said they called me and left a voicemail, I have no record of either on my phone. They then sent a message they were shipping a new mattress and I have to return the other. I cannot do that so I will have to refuse the shipment if I am here when the damn thing comes. This has been a horrible experience and I would not shop with them again. I think they know when they send something large and sent compact they have the customer under a barrel because we can't ship it back. The other thing that is very bothersome is I now have some kind of cookie they put on my computer that puts a picture of the set I bought every time I make a search and on my Facebook. I get be reminded of the pain many times a day now.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

The $158 - 8' x 10' area rug came when promised. To open it we had to cut into box and wrapping. We laid it out, but color was slightly off on one end. It also was buckling throughout. We tried to stretch it, roll it back up opposite way, but nothing worked. I "chatted" with them concerning these issues. I wanted to return it, so they were going to take $32 out of refund for mailing it back through UPS. Then we would have to purchase shrink wrap to mail it since we had to cut into original packaging. So with that added cost, it would be over $50 to return it. NOT WORTH time, money, or effort. I would never buy anything from them again!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I was about to spend over $1500 on Overstock.com on some backyard playground equipment for my daughter when I saw an offer for 18 months no interest when you apply for a line of credit at the check out screen. I applied for a line of credit and was approved. Excited I’d have a year and a half to pay off the $1500 purchase I even purchased their Gold Card Membership also. I anticipated many future purchases.

Fast forward 4-6 weeks later and I get my first bill... with INTEREST!?? I expected to see a giant zero in the interest section. Nope. Over $20 in interest. So I called up Overstock.com to straighten it out. After the usual IVR system run around I finally got on with the credit card dept. A few minutes into confirming all my info I come to find out that indeed that promo offer was NOT applied to my new line of credit. He made it seem like maybe I didn’t qualify for the promo. No. It clearly said with a credit line approval receive 18 months interest free. I was approved. It should have been that simple.

He then said there was nothing more his dept could do for me and that I’d need to speak with the bank that issued the line of credit- Comenity Bank. Really??? It was on the Overstock.com website I was offered that line of credit. Ok fine. So he offered to conference me in to Comenity Customer Service where he would remain on the line silently. I said fine, ok. A representative finally hops on the line and I go through the whole story again with her. She sighs loudly like she had WAY better things to do than hash this out with me. Basically she said from what she could tell that I didn’t SELECT the 18 month no interest option.

What??? Select?? I’m fuming at this point because I definitely don’t recall seeing an OPTION for no interest. I qualified for the line of credit, which included 18 months interest free. Period. Nope. Now it’s an OPTION. I requested as calmly as I could manage for her to FIX the account so it reflects the interest free “option”. No can do, she says. Once the application is submitted that’s it. Seriously??? This. Is. BS. No bank should operate this way. Is that all ma’m? I guess we were done. Meanwhile the guy from Overstock.com was still on the line. After hearing the whole thing... "Is there anything else I can do for you ma’m?" Unless you can turn off the interest calculator, no. No there is NOTHING more you can do for me.

Clearly threatening to take both Comenity Bank and Overstock.com to the Better Business Bureau and filling a complaint against them fell on deaf ears. The could not have cared less that I, one former customer out of thousands, would pay their stupid card off and never do business with them again. Truly a sociopathic company. Lies and deceit being a part of their reputation doesn’t bother them in the slightest. Be very wary of taking out any lines of credit with them. They will bait and switch their promo offer and claim there’s nothing they can do to fix it. A very unscrupulous company with zero morals only answering to the almighty dollar. They have screwed over countless consumers and will continue to without thinking twice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I ordered a 5 piece dining table set through Walmart, sold and shipped by Overstock. I received my order today, what I received was 1 chair. I called Overstock and they tell me that the listing was wrong. I asked them if they can still honor the set at the price I have already paid and they told me no, that I would need to request a return and they would issue me a refund. I’m so beyond mad. I ordered this set weeks before Thanksgiving so that I could have room for family that is coming to visit. Now I have to wait for a refund that will take up to one week. I will not be able to get another set in time. I will never order from them again!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I had bad experienced with Overstock seller. They sent me wrong product. A product that I never ordered, I emailed the company as soon as I received the product to let them know my issue, I got a response that the product they sent me has the same function as the product I ordered. How could that be, I ordered spider vein eraser. They sent me an acne treatment pen and they telling me the same function. They will try to delay the action until it will reach to 30 days, then they will tell you it’s company policy that they don’t do refund for over 30 days. I told them they are the one that caused the delay. NEVER TRUST this company.

Don’t let them be their next victim. I want to give them NEGATIVE STAR.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I wish I would have read the reviews before opening an account with them. I placed an order for a comforter set in October 31, 2018. I received a email my level was created and the other was shipped and I should expect to receive my order on November 6, 2018. Excited and waiting, because I'm re-decorating my room; the package never comes yesterday. I keep checking the tracking number and it is not giving me any information. I finally call customer service and the rep prices to tell me that I most likely won't get it until next week. When I ask why, because the timeline said I will get it Nov 6th.

He said that it takes time to create a label and even though UPS is saying that they have it, they don't. Well excuse me, what the hell is going on. He says once they get it they will create their own label and send it out. At this point it hasn't even left the facility. OMG... I will be canceling my credit card with them and sending the bedding back. I don't have time for the Bs and if this is how it is on my very first order, I can only imagine what future orders will be like. Goodbye and Good riddance. I am a blogger and a vlogger and I will speak about my experience with this company. Just horrible.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER IN THE HISTORY OF BUYING SOMETHING ONLINE! I ordered the bed, two nightstands and the dresser from this set. When I got the half of my order turned out some of them were damaged, immediately emailed them for the cancellation and asked them to initiate the return of the products. And now for the refund of the dresser that I haven't even gotten yet they tell me that I have to pay $165 for the returned shipping.

After talking on the phone for 10-15 their employee was trying to find a sentence where he could find something to persuade me that they have the right to demand that $165 from me. Now I can't be sure that the dresser isn't damaged as well that's why I don't even want it to get to my house. Besides the fact that I didn't like their bedroom set because it wasn't the same as the one in the picture, I also want to return it because of the poor quality. The drawers won't open and close properly, the wood isn't smooth at all. Why do I have to pay for something that I don't like at all, is damaged and has very bad quality.

Their return policy confuses people, on the one hand it says that the buyer won't get a full refund if the boxes are open, on the other hand it says that if you return the product without inspection then he/she has to pay a shipping charge. I'm going to share my worst ever experience with everyone so that they don't have the same experience and the hard time like me. And I'm going to complain everywhere possible to get my money back completely because I don't want to lose money because of their furniture which is damaged and with poor quality.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Ordered two small blue and white rugs for $45. Rugs received were not the nice blue pictured. I returned with prepaid labels in original packaging. Just received a $.34 refund on this over $45 order. I will NEVER, NEVER order from Overstock again.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

So I placed my order online October 29th for two laundry decor items. I receive my confirmation #. Go to bed. Wake up next morning I notice two charges. One that was valid for $63 and another one for $33. So I immediately call and the rep says, "It’s too late to cancel. You have to wait to receive the order so we can credit it back to your account." I was at work. Couldn’t talk too long. So I call again today 11/5. Speak to a rep. She is basically blaming me saying it’s my fault that I didn’t two orders! Really lady? Why would I do two separate orders?

If shipping is free for $45 and up and not on $33 why would I did that. She basically says, "You have to opened the box and print out a label and return back to us." That’s an inconvenience. I didn’t get a sorry, "I apologize for your inconvenience," or anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she says “she’s going to tell you the same thing.” Wow! No customer service. Overstock you just lost a customer. That rep needs more training in how to handle calls. Amazon ships in 3 business days and doesn't question or blame customers. Going back to them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased some items a year ago and signed up for the Club O membership. Apparently, this has an automatic renewal. Without any warning, Overstock charged my credit card for the renewal. Since this was an odd amount, $21.60, and I never received any notice from Overstock before or after the charge, American Express cancelled my card due to fraud. It's a huge headache to have cancelled a credit card just over an unannounced charge - I thought Overstock's website had been compromised and a 3rd party had my credit card information. I tried to cancel the membership, but Overstock's response? "You're not typing fast enough! You have 60 seconds to type a question!" Then, "What is the order number" (what order?) and a refusal to credit the unwanted charge. Don't use this website if you want customer service.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I ordered through Google Express, not realizing it was going through Overstock. I ordered a backpack for my laptop, got $20 my first order with Google Express. I came home from work to find a notice from UPS that a signature was required. In person signature. Not the one you can just sign the back to leave the item. So I contacted Google Express, and they in turn contacted Overstock. Overstock said they didn't have a signature requirement on the package so I asked that UPS be notified of that. UPS says the sender requests signature. Overstock repeatedly says they did not. End result was even after UPS was notified to leave the package without signature that didn't happen.

To compound my frustration, then UPS lies to me and says the item was sent directly back to the sender instead of being held at their pickup center. Their phone system said it was at the pickup center but the rep on the phone said it wasn't. A week later I get a notice saying it's being sent back to the sender. A few days later I get the email saying it's back at the sender's facility. I wait and wait and wait for a refund. Never happens. So I contact Google Express to find out what the hell is going on by this point and get told you have to call Overstock directly. So I call Overstock to inquire about what the hold up is on the refund only to be told they don't process refunds until you call them. WHAT?! Why would that not be an automatic thing to do when you get the item back?!?! CRAZY.

He also mentioned that the warehouse typically puts the signature requirements on packages. So I told him that was fine, but not to require the signature in person option. That's just overkill. He said 3 business days for the refund and we'll see if that actually happens or not. I will NEVER use Overstock for anything again. Even if it's free, you just pay shipping. That company will never get another cent from me. To top it all off -- even if I wanted to reorder the item after getting the refund, I can't. It's now out of stock. Joy.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Placed an order on 10/15 and then got an order confirmation number as well as an email confirming the item has shipped. Heck, I even got a text message saying the same thing. I was told a delivery date of 10/24, which comes and goes without anything being delivered. I of course call up to inquire about my item and after a bunch of transferring from one person to the next, I was told that my order never actually shipped!! Moreover, by the time this happened, they were out of stock of the item I actually needed.

The item in question was a bathroom vanity that I was planning on getting as I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation. Not having the item will cause a huge delay in the project and is of course a huge inconvenience. I instead purchased my item on Wayfair who is of course a much more reputable and dependable company. Overstock even had the audacity to give me a little bit of lip about wanting a refund immediately. I will never... EVER purchase anything from Overstock ever again. Stay Far, Far away from this garbage company!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

They send me a Snow Joe snow blower. It say it's brand new. Never opened and coming with missing parts, I asked for the parts but they don't care about you or somebody else, so please don't make a business with OVERSTOCK.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Ordered a mattress with up to 2 weeks to process and 4 to 6 for delivery. Policy says they charge on shipment. Within days money gone from my acct and no word from them. Contacted them and got runaround. Told me still in processing and no shipment date. I objected. After hours of nonsense they agreed to cancel order. Days later agreed to refund my money. One week since promise of refund and still no refund. Don't do business with them!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Placed an order for a mattress set. Not 20 minutes later, after reading their return policy, I cancelled the order. I also contacted them twice to cancel the order. They told me they would do everything they could to cancel it. Apparently, they did not do enough. Two days later, it showed they had shipped out the item I had cancelled. I told them they would be out the shipping of said item because I would refuse delivery. It was for over $1200 so it is now on them. I contacted my credit card company and told them the situation. They will make sure I am refunded in full.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I ordered 2 bathroom vanity lights but I received two hanging pendant lights instead. I called and the customer service rep (CSR) was nice and said she’d send the correct lights right away. She had me write on the boxes of the incorrect lights (some #) and told me to give to delivery driver. A few days later the correct lights arrived, but the delivery person could not accept the incorrect ones b/c he didn’t have “paperwork” for them. He says he would probably receive in a few days and would pick up then. So they sat in my garage for about 2 weeks.

Finally, I got an email from OS saying that they had sent return instructions (they hadn’t) and that if they didn’t get their lights back, I would be charged. A few days later, before I had a chance to handle, I was charged $239. I called and they found where instructions for return had failed to send, but they could not return my money until they received the lights. So they scheduled the pick up, the lights were picked up, and on Oct 13th, I received email confirmation that the items had been received in their warehouse, and my refund was on the way. By Oct 22 I still had not received my refund. I called and they then submitted it saying it would take 2 to 5 business days to hit my account??? Meanwhile I have bills to pay. So frustrating. I will never order from OS again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I tried ordering drapes on Overstock about 5 times in one day. All I got back was an error message again and again. My shipping and billing address where the same. I tried turning off my VPN. Didn't make any difference. All I got back when I tried to place the order was an error message. It said an error has occurred. Never again. What a pain in the **.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I ordered a blanket from Overstock. No less than 2 days later (and before I even received my order) the price had been cut almost in half! This was my first ever purchase from Overstock and needless to say I will never order anything from them again. I considered ordering the product again and returning the first but Overstock charges so much for returns that it wouldn't even make a difference. They are making a mockery of their customers. STICK TO WAYFAIR AND AMAZON!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I ordered a bed from them through Wal-Mart's website. I received a table. Contacted Walmart who expedited a review of the problem. Overstock contacted me and admitted it was a listing error on their part. The bed was listed at 198 dollars for the black one. They told Walmart I couldn't have the bed because it was unavailable. This was a lie because it is still on the site. Overstock sent ups to pick up the table. I was issued a refund but I now have no bed. One woman I spoke with from overstock told me to pick out another bed and she would see what she could do. They offered a 15% discount. Such a slap in the face. I don't understand why they didn't just honor that price and send me a different color or the one I wanted. They don't feel as if they did anything wrong. I think that kind of customer service is deplorable. Do not shop with them!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Updated on 10/19/2018: Overstock.com does not take any responsibility, stating that the order went thru a third party (?) google express (?). This was a new twist... This was never mentioned before in four previous conversations with Overstock's customer service. STAY AWAY.

Original Review: Ordered three bottles of Dior Addict (pink) for my wife. Paid $245.97 via credit card. The product received was yellow in color, and the scent was different. Immediately called customer service, provided all the information asked for, and was told it would take 1 to 2 days for a response from the "provider." After one week with no response, I called again. Got a line of "company cya" remarks. "Reformulation," "You got what you ordered," "It is a non-refundable product," "the warehouse says it's correct," and other comments. Bottom Line: DO NOT TRUST OVERSTOCK.COM. Never again, I learned my lesson.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am beyond dissatisfied! I spent one year looking for a table I loved as I had my last table for over 10 years. This is the only table that was exactly what I wanted. I was hesitant as I have never ordered furniture online and was afraid of exactly what I am experiencing now. After reading previous reviews, it didn't seem so bad so I decided to give it a shot. Table arrives, I paid a guy to help me assemble it. After careful inspection, several areas were scuffed and chipped, someone even tried to cover up a scratch with a BLACK sharpie. Called Overstock, they were super apologetic and said they would send another one out. That took another 2.5 weeks before they scheduled the delivery. I was in the midst of moving when they delivered the table to my new house. It stayed in the box until I was unpacking. Big mistake.

I trusted that this table would be better. WRONG. The pedestal on one of the legs is broken completely in half! Emailed and called Overstock again! At this point they should have credited me back my money for a table I haven't been able to use in over 3 months! They said they couldn't do that nor would they take the return as it has exceeded 30 days. Mind you I also have the matching chairs just sitting there without a table. They said all they could do is send me another table. What?! A THIRD table. Also, I am responsible for removing/disposing of the damaged tables they have sent me. I am beside myself and beyond upset. A company as big as this should do what they need to do in order to make this right. Instead, they want to send a third table. I will NEVER order from them again and I will advise everyone and anyone I meet to never order from them...

**UPDATE 10/15/18* 4TH table arrived DAMAGED. They gave me back a credit for the table. I told them they need to have the table and boxes picked up. They said I can just dispose of it. ME. A single gal that can just pick up a table and "dispose" of it. In addition, they said they couldn't give me credit back for the chairs since it was past 30 days. What?! These chairs MATCH the table. I have waited months, table after damaged table and now they won't take the chairs back?! I am so beside myself and beyond disappointed. This entire situation truly is UNBELIEVABLE. They don't give one ounce about customer service/satisfaction. This table is a piece of crap if they have sent me 4 of them that are damaged! Product was: Furniture of America; Dianne Scrolled Double Pedestal Rustic Natural Tone.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Overstock shipped me a bed, and it arrived with double left legs instead of one left and one right. I call and finally get a call back later that afternoon, and am told that CS will be calling their parts department to get me an expedited replacement leg within 1-2 days. I'm told that the parts department will be contacting me. 2 days pass, no word from the parts department. I email and am told it actually takes 2 days for the parts department to get back to me, and then would be more days on top of that for the actual shipment.

The parts department finally calls and emails me almost a week later at 8:30pm at night, offering me 4 different "solutions" that don't fix the problem. I don't respond since it's 8:30pm at night on a weekend. The next morning I get a rude email stating "Since we haven’t had a response, we are going to assume you no longer need our help and we are going to consider this issue resolved." I can only assume they call late at night to hopefully avoid having to actually solve the issue, they probably count on the customer not responding in "enough time" for them to consider the issue an actual problem. Never doing business with Overstock again, completely terrible customer service and I regret not looking at its reviews more seriously because I see that they apparently do similar things like this all the time. Avoid at all costs!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I called Overstock after a piece broke off a suitcase I used twice. They told me to call the manufacturer but the number they gave was actually a distributor who told me to call Overstock as they just buy luggage from China. The distributor said to call Overstock again. Overstock said there was nothing they could do. Now I have a crappy broken suitcase. Overstock won’t back the crappy made items they sell. Shame on them!

Resolution response: Oct. 16, 2018

It turned out the item was shipped the day I tried to cancel the order. Unfortunately, the arrival date was not updated so I assumed it had not yet shipped. I received the item yesterday, a week earlier than the specified delivery date.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

As others have said, overstock.com has a scam going where, if you call to cancel an order, they say they're going to check with the warehouse to see if they can cancel your order and that they will email you and let you know whether your order can be canceled. They always come back, via email, and say your order is already in processing and cannot be canceled even though their delivery date is still weeks away. I ordered a kayak storage rack and found a better price within a few hours. I called Overstock to ask for a price match or cancel the order and they used this routine to prevent me from being able to cancel. That was over two weeks before the expected delivery date. These guys are a terrible company to do business with and, like others on this site, I will never do business with them again. These tactics are shameful.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I ordered to area rugs from Overstock.ca. The free shipping and returns is very appealing. Until you want to return something. I order 2 rugs because I wasn't sure which I really wanted. I chose one, and wanted to return the other. I had not opened the second, it was still in the original shrink wrap and not disturbed in any way. They not only do not accept the rug to be returned, but they fluff you off with "We will get back to you" over and over. The rug that I chose to keep, is not great, but I needed something fast and I can donate this rug in a couple of months. I would not recommend Overstock to anyone, unless it is to purchase something that you know about and really want to keep. I am so disappointed, I should have paid heed to the other reviews.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I recently ordered a runner rug from Overstock. It took over a month to get to me, and when it did it was too thick so I want to return it. Well in the month since I bought it I'm now considered an international customer and can't even buy it let alone return it. I live chatted with someone who assured me that I would be contacted through email the next day to discuss my return as since I'm now international they can't help me. I will never shop with Overstock again. Wayfair has me from now on. Easy returns, fast delivery and clear ordering policies.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered some "blankets" and paid close attention to the return policy while ordering as this was my first order with Overstock. There was supposed to be no issue with returns when I reviewed the policy. When I got the "blankets" I discovered they really are SHEETS and immediately requested a return/refund. Two weeks later I am still dancing around with difficult to understand emails from the company and no clear instructions/information. First and LAST order on Overstock... I will stick to Amazon.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Overstock.com. DON'T SHOP AT OVERSTOCK DOT COM!!! They scammed me! I ordered a queen bed and within less than an hour, I requested an online cancellation (which was available at the time). One second after I click cancel order, they changed the status of the order to Processing. I contacted customer service support and explained the issue, they said that they couldn’t cancelled it because the order was already on the processing status (warehouse). It didn’t make sense that you cannot cancel an order within less than an hour for an Overstock website error. The reason for cancellation was that the photo of the item didn’t represent it correctly and items were not correctly described online. I noticed this, after I read the reviews from the customers that bought previously the item.

I keep contacting them for cancellation, they really have very poor customer service support. After more than 15 calls, one of the representatives at Overstock told me that even that the items weren’t shipped and won’t be shipped until later time the reason they couldn’t cancel is that the seller partner do not accept cancellations at anytime. Even when the cancellation of the item is a result of an Overstock.com error in the item description. This is clear that they are trying to defraud people. I ordered the cancellation within a reasonable time frame (less than an hour after the order was put in place), in order to prevent shipment. They told me that I need to receive the item and later try to return it, which will result in excessive shipping charges into my credit card. Bottom line, Overstock.com are scammers! Trying to defraud clients with tricks. Go away from their website. I love to buy online, but never never will buy from Overstock.com.

Overstock.com Company Information