3.71/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Overstock.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

678 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased an area rug from Overstock through eBay. The rug was improperly rolled and had deep, massive creases everywhere. After several weeks of work using a variety of methods most were gone, but several prominent creases remained & will require steaming. Despite several requests, Overstock would not do a partial refund to pay for the costs incurred to do so. They were slow to answer all emails to an unbelievable degree. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Started last week, found a great patio set that was perfect for what I wanted. Purchased it. Website showed it was the last one left. After the purchase, website even said it was out of stock. 3 days later I get an email that my order has been cancelled because it's not available. I call customer service and they claim someone else must have also purchased it. So I wait and days later it shows back on the website again as being in stock and it lets me purchase it again. Guess what??!!! Yep, 2 days later my order is cancelled again!! And I understand that this happens a lot. What your warehouse has is not what's reflected on your website. Shame on you and your horrible business practice and how you treat customers.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought an 800 dollar sofa from Overstock and received it after 4 weeks. The comfort was terribly wrong. I immediately called to return it. They tried to charge me 200. It took two weeks to dispute this charge. I will never buy from Overstock.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I had a technical glitch viewing Overstock's website and wrote customer service, thinking I would just let them know and maybe get some troubleshooting. Bishop ** wrote me back to say that the technical department would contact me to help. After a few weeks, no one had gotten back to me, so I wrote again. Geoffrey ** wrote to say the tech department would be in touch. Again, weeks passed with nothing. I write a third time, explaining that I had written twice already and not once heard from a tech department rep. Peter ** wrote to say tech would be in touch soon. After weeks of silence, I wrote a fourth time, saying that something must be wrong with their customer service structure for this to happen and explaining that I still hadn't spoken with the tech department. I received an auto email saying my issue was resolved. Something is really broken here. Thank God I didn't order anything.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Purchased 2 rugs and 1 nonstick rug pad. After receiving in 3 shipments, the color was darker than pictured on the website, and I needed to return. I am having to pay 3 separate shipping fees to return totaling almost $45.00. The original purchase was approximately $150. Contacted them about this and was quoted their policy twice and then disconnected. Will definitely not purchase from this company again, when other companies are so easy to work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Got 12% off this first order of duvet and shams. Good thing cause it wasn't even worth the discounted price. Suppose to be a gorgeous, luxury set. It's very thin, cheap material, will never make it through a wash.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Price is usually unbeatable and I shop here quite often. It's an easy to use site and the items are great quality. It is easy to find what you are looking for and shipping is not pricey either. I bought a $150 jacket for $25 once, my sister also buys from this site quite often. I had a good experience and I would not change anything. I have shopped here over 10 times and so have other members in my family. I love the great deals and convenience is also a priority. I highly recommend this website.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

What I personally like about Overstock.com is the continuous deals and promotions that Overstock runs all the time and the great deals on top notch items you cannot find anywhere else. They should run better deals on prices for shipping costs. Also, I would enjoy a little bit more of an entertaining and inviting website and it could be organized a little better for mobile phone use since the site lags a lot. Overstock has been great and everything I ordered came exactly as the description implied the item(s) would be. I received my items promptly and efficiently. I'm a very happy customer and will shop in Overstock again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Bought a laptop. Arrived late and was defective. Sent it back with a tracking number proving it was returned and received. A week later and many, many emails, chats, more emails, etc, and I can't get my guaranteed refund. This is a total sham operation, run by foreign employees who don't know their butts from their elbows. Totally useless. Stay away.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I decided to visit Overstock.com's site after receiving a coupon code to get a large percentage off. I like that they have a wide selection of products. They have just about everything I need for my home at decent prices. Their website is extremely easy to navigate, well organized and it's easy to find. There are a lot of items I would buy from this site if they actually had free shipping. Their shipping times tend to vary as opposed to similar websites such as Amazon which guarantees me free 2 day shipping on most items. Also, I found that many of their prices were often lower at competitors' websites.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was very impressed the first time I shopped with Overstock.com. They have closeouts so the prices and shipping are usually very reasonable and they have different things than what you see in other online stores. But I’d like them to have more sizes of certain items but I suppose they have no control over what they get in inventory. Other than that, I had a very nice shopping experience.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I like the way they designed their website. It is quick to use, secure and payment is also secure. Everything is in harmony and it's not confusing. I also like how they are always on stock and very good customer service. My overall experience with overstock is satisfactory. Everything was fast and easy. Easy to find the products I want and easy purchasing process. If I have questions, they are always there to help and they respond very quick so they don't waste my time. Good prices and good products.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

After a recent $600+ purchase order of several items for my new office I needed to return a few (rare for me) so I logged onto my 'order' page which said I needed to contact customer service as the info was not retrievable. I did so and after 45 mins. had accomplished them sending me the labels to do so. I had to ask for all info line by line: 1) What is the cost of each return? 2) How does that get processed/paid for from my acct., 3) What if I do not use the label (do I still get charged), etc.

Point being it was arduous and unnecessary for all when it can be done with a simple click or 2 on Amazon. No hassle. THEN it takes up to 24 hours to show up in my inbox... The labels did not... So off I go again to CS 'chat' online. This time I realize I do not have the COSTS that I paid per item listed anywhere as the original cost is listed and not what I paid (the savings lumped together in a total at the end of my order). Seriously, next I was told to get these costs. I needed to look up the items to know. I ask, "How do I know if it is the same... Do you not change the pricing"? Response is: "We do change them but never often"...

Huh? WHY IS THIS SO TEDIOUS? I then ask for my labels to be resent as it is over 24 hours since requested. They then proceed to reviewing my request and after 2 corrections on my end, finally get the right products. I then ask for an add'l item and they have to ID it 3 different ways to verify it (I am now another 45 mins into a conversation w/ them).

At this point I get cut off "must be a technical issue"... A NEW rep comes on and yes... I have to ask... "Will you please review the conversation?" and he graciously agrees to do just that (5 mins pass)... I now resume convo and ask for this add'l item to be processed... They seem confused but finally get what I needed. I furthermore want to know how I can do this w/out having to go thru cust service and they tell me, but I have yet to be able to do this. (I now am considering this is all a rouse to discourage ANY returns and I am NOT that kind of skeptic). Again, the chat is dropped and agent #3 comes on and repeats the 'review' process of my convo (this time almost 14 mins). We resume and I have my #3 question to ask... "What happened to another item as it is not listed on my order..." which is why I am asking. He cannot find the item as it is 'not listed on my order'...

Huh?! Am I speaking/typing in English here? Why is this so hard??? After this response and 75 mins of my time... I am done!!! NEVER again ordering from Overstock due to this confusing time-suck process of doing a return. If I am paying for the return WHY in the world would there be this hassle?! UPDATE: I still only have 1 of 5 labels to print for return. No item cost, no return cost listed on the label for transparency and I now will be forced to contact them again!!! ARghhh!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polices. They offer free shipping on everything you buy and no limits. You can buy anything and have them deliver to your door. It has been a good experience so far.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I think that Overstock.com has very good discounts and there are quality and even luxury products! During TV watching, I enjoy browsing to see what deals I can find!! However, you never know what type or brand of products are going to be found. I understand that Overstock.com can't provide the deals by the Overstock bargains but I would love to see minimal consistent products offered. Other than that, the site is easy to understand and the search functionality also by with the navigation makes it easy to find items I am looking for or just browsing. I had a very good experience from searching for my product needed or just found during my search. I searched for a rug and there were tons of options available! I received the product in a timely manner unharmed!! The purchase process was easy and I did not have an issue with customer service!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Overstock has quality products with great selections of different types of products with the best prices. They are also constantly adding new products and new technologies. The selection is amazing, almost too much sometimes, you had better allocate a considerable amount of time to do your shopping, because you can't do it fast. Sometimes there are so many options and it is not easy to decide where to shop, the website could do a better job of adding more categories to refine your selection process and improve the search function.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I like everything about Overstock.com. It had everything I was looking for and more, and it was all prices that were affordable. It was easy to navigate the site. The site was also very professional and sleek looking, but without seeming intimidating, which is very reassuring, because so many online shopping sites look like they might give you a virus or something equally scary, but Overstock.com just feels friendly.

My overall experience with using Overstock.com was a very good one. Everything was very user and consumer friendly, as well as also being very streamlined. Everything was easy and honestly, I probably had more fun than most people normally do while shopping online. In fact, overall, my experience shopping on Overstock.com was by far better than any other time I tried to shop online on any other website.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

It's a very innovative and professional brand that is very handy to use. They have products that are hard to find elsewhere on the internet and I have never had any issues at all while using the site. The service is very good and they are very reliable. I also love how fast the shipping takes compared to other brands. However, prices on Overstock are a bit higher compared to other online shopping sites because there really isn't much competition on the market. They take advantage on pricing and should lower them a lot. But overall, I have only had good experiences with them.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I first came across an ad online of the site and became curious as they were giving over 70% off designer clothes, so I went to their website and was surprised their clothes were so low in price and I went on a shopping spree. It has a very large wide variety of designer clothes. It is possibly the lowest costing designer clothes online retailer, it sells high quality home goods as well plus it has really amazing customer service. However, the prices on home goods are almost equal to that of its competitors and it should be much lowered if it wants people to go there for home goods.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I love Overstock.com and I enjoy shopping on this site. They always have a lot of good bargains and the products are great. There's always a good selection of products and I seem to find what I'm looking for. The quality is wonderful too. You order it and the customer service I found to be excellent. And I got my merchandise faster than I thought. If you see something you really really like I'd suggest you get it right away because the things on this site moves fast. And if you don't get it when you see it sometimes you lose out.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I ordered the Safavieh Cadence Grey Cross Back Table for $155.00 on August 27th, within half an hour I decided to cancel it. They told me "sorry the order already went to the warehouse and it cannot be stopped." They shipped it out three days later. This "Our customers cannot cancel policy" works in favor of the company NOT the customer. The customer ends up paying all shipping costs in both directions. Disgusting!

Check all items with Amazon before you order anything. I was so disgusted with their "Non Cancellation policy" that I checked to see the price of the item on Amazon - guess what - Amazon sells it for $118.40. Check every item with Amazon first - nearly always cheaper and much better customer care. I also returned a picture that I paid $92.52 for an Adel Bloch art canvas and I was only reimbursed $38.00. I will never order anything again from this company!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I like the variety of items from clothes to jewelry, shoes, under items, car item, luggage, children clothes, toys, home goods. There was so many different selections to choose from and also a great amount of different price points. The experience was very interesting to me because I found the site to be easy to get through and the purchasing process was excellent. But it took a longer time to search through the website and so much to look at. It took up more of my time than I expect to use.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

It was a great shopping experience. I was able to read customer reviews before making a purchase and I was able to checkout really fast using PayPal. I like that Overstock has a selection of high quality brands. It is easy to find the sale items without having to go all over the site. Deals and sales are very easy to notice and see the actual discount. The site make it easy to find what you are looking for with department selections and other filters to make finding the items you are looking for a breeze. Checkout and shipping is very easy. However, I would like it if they offered more savings if purchasing multiple items. It will make it so the more we buy as customers the more we save. It will increase the value of shopping there for all needs at one time to get more savings.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Overstock has competitive prices on designer and expensive brands and it has a large variety of items. I like the Overstock commercials as well. But I would make shipping free all the time and make prices even lower. I would offer more varieties of products and make more shipping options available. Overstock could also have more promotions. But overall my experience was positive with Overstock.com. I was able to find what I wanted at the lowest price when I compared it with other websites.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I like the layout of Overstock.com and it is easy to navigate. I also like their broad range of product categories and brands. The purchasing process has always been hassle free and they have always shipped in a timely manner and my products have been of as described quality. But I feel like their prices have gone up significantly over the years. I think (I may be wrong on this, I haven’t checked in a while) you have to pay a membership fee for shipping discounts now.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I've always had really great experiences with Overstock.com. It has everything you could possibly want on one website for fairly decent prices. The shipping fees are fair and they get things to me on time. I purchased housewares from them and everything was exactly as shown in the pictures, nothing was different than described. It's been a while since I shopped with them, however it was easy to find what I was looking for at the time and purchase it. And then selecting how I wanted it shipped was very easy. But the category page is a little cluttered and confusing, I haven't shopped with Overstock.com in a while, mainly because it's just too hard to find everything I would want. If they want to compete with Amazon.com they'll have to add more items.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Overstock.com is a great website with a lot of content and their search is great. They have lots of bargains and can save you a lot of money with them. Their shipping is pretty quick as well. My overall experience was very good and I have no complaints. They have great customer service and I will continue to use them for years to come.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

There are lots of interesting useful products to choose from, low prices, and have the items shipped right to your house. I liked that the products had a detailed summary of what it was and lots of photos. The stock items are always changing for sale but you have to think fast or the item may sell too quickly.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I very much enjoyed the daily deals and flash sale items that I get emailed about every day or every other day and I liked that I can share the posts to my social media pages. I had an exceptionally good experience, fast delivery of the item and was exactly as described and pictured. It wasn't cheaply made which is always a plus in my book. The customer service was very helpful with the questions I had to ask. I wish Overstock.com had free shipping for less than $159 orders. It is very pricey sometimes and they don't have good items for sale or you can find them way cheaper elsewhere and the items aren't actually what they say they are.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Overstock.com has excellent rug selection and a nice collection of fair trade items. They have lots of variety in decorative pieces and attractive home goods. I've bought big items here a couple of years ago. My last purchases were all excellent products and I appreciated the free shipping. I had to deal with customer service once over a package delivery problem and they were super friendly. Their prices are decent with some great deals but aren't as competitive as they used to be. The website seems visually crowded and isn't super easy to navigate plus the mobile app isn't very user-friendly.

Overstock.com Company Information