3.7/5 (684 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?

Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.

Does Overstock sell fake products?

No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.

Is there an Overstock store?

Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.

Is there Overstock in Canada?

Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I'm not even a customer of Overstock, but I've been received 4 text messages in the past week saying I've ordered something and it's out for delivery. I politely told them the first time that I'm not a customer of theirs and you need to direct it to the proper person. Overstock apologized and I thought that would be the end of it. Not quite! I received back to back text messages over the course of the week saying I ordered rugs and floor mats. The customer service got even worse after that. They said it would be taken care of but as of today I received yet another text from them. I blocked them and now I'm writing a review based off their terrible customer service. Judging from all these other reviews, it looks like I dodged a bullet. I will not be using Overstock in the future!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

I ordered a green rug 10/29/22. A rug arrived 11/3/22. I did not open it right away as I was waiting for my new puppy to stop peeing. I just opened it 1/15/22 and they sent a dark brown rug. I called and was told the return period had expired but if I "joined" their company for $20 they'd do a return. I "joined" and called 1/19/22 and was told that even though I got that membership the most they could do was credit me $10 for a $150 purchase. THEY SENT ME THE WRONG ITEM. I was hold on for 50 minutes to speak to a supervisor whose name was not available and for 40 minutes there were 5 callers ahead of me. They sent me the wrong item. A $150 purchase. This is fraud.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I am a Oclub member, my husband brought a table and chair from his phone thinking because items are coming to same household and because we are husband and wife we would get our points. We were told because he used his phone and went through his email we can't get our points. It was about 1200.00. We buy from them always this was terrible. My entire house is full of their things. It just feels hurtful.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2022

11/9/2022 we had furniture purchased from Overstock.com and delivered by Overstock.com for $5,041.44. The furniture, leather sleeper sofa, (2) large leather arm chairs and (2) leather ottomans, and Overstock.com's delivery team simply slid all the furniture across my hardwood floors across the house to the living room. The Furniture and my floors were destroyed. This was on 11/9/2022 and as of today 12/18/2022 I still have the torn and damaged furniture in my home. The link below shows the furniture being dragged across my floors. **

Overtock.com stated it wasn't their fault as it was the fault of the delivery company, CEVA LOGISTICS, they used to deliver the furniture and I would need to chase them for the floor damage insurance claim. I did not hire CEVA, Overstock.com did. They are responsible for the carrier they choose to use, not the customer. Overstock then stated they would replace the damaged furniture, but I need to hire and pay for a company to come and

Remove and dispose of the old damaged furniture because they don't want it back!! WHAT IS THAT! I sent CEVA Logistics and Overstock the estimate to repair my my floors. CEVA stated they're not paying for the repairs and Overstock.com stated I have to continue chasing CEVA Logistics for the cost to repair my floors which they damaged and it was caught on video. Just ridiculous.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I spent a good deal of time proving their listing and website error on a shelf only for them to attempt to gaslight me as if it were my fault for the wrong item being sent. They were not apologetic. They did not address the screenshot proof I had. And they made no effort to make things right. Specifically a color on the website for a shelf displays a totally different color than what I received. Their website has an error where it shows a picture of the wrong color. The text of the listing even indicates the wrong color. And apparently I'm supposed to know this error and anticipate their incompetence?

Despite their wrong descriptions, wrong advertising, and supposed great customer service they wanted me to pay return shipping for their error! The only customer service options they had was some bizarre texting exchange using your SMS. Good luck actually speaking to anyone. They do not care about your experience. They do not care about the products or their website being accurate. They act as if they're doing you a favor which is insulting. Buyer beware. If you do business use your credit card in case you need to charge back.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I ordered 4 expensive tactical flashlights on 11/22 as Christmas presents. On 12/7 I had received no update on my order and when I went into my account and checked the status it was simply pending. It had not been processed or shipped. I called the customer service line and the rep told me that my only option was to cancel my order as it appeared that it was not in process. She said "I've canceled your order. Is there anything else I can do for you today?" No. I thanked her and hung up.

FOUR days later, I get an email from overstock telling me "we couldn't cancel your order because it was processing in our warehouse..." or something like that. Well, great! I have already ordered 4 more tactical flashlights from another vendor and they ARE en route. When I check my account again on Overstock, it doesn't say that the item is shipped. It is still pending at the warehouse. So now I'm getting 8 tactical flashlights, although I doubt I will get the 4 from overstock before Christmas. Now I have the hassle of returning the 4 to overstock and I only have "3 free returns" per month. Just great. So I will never, ever order anything from overstock.com again and I recommend that you think hard about using them. I will call overstock again today and see if they can cancel my order but I doubt it. It is very frustrating and unnecessary in my view.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2022

I ordered 4 chairs and the quality did not meet our expectations. I returned them and was charged more than 20% of their value for the return labels. Their website states that purchases made during the holiday season can be returned with full refund. I spent an hour with the representative pleading my case to no avail. Extremely disappointed in their service. Beware when ordering here.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I ordered a gazebo for $3700. Part of the offer was a $100 gift card to be emailed within 24 hours. I didn't receive it after 1 week, so I chatted with customer service. They said I would get it within 2 days, I didn't. I then called after apologies they said within 1 day, again no. So I tried calling again same story, no gift card. I am left to assume that they are thieves. Side note 2 weeks have gone by and order has not shipped yet.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I’m incredibly disappointed. I ordered a lift-you-up chair for my mom at 8pm on Halloween & was informed the delivery would be in 9 days. Sadly my mom was rushed to the hospital that night. The next morning, before I even saw my mother at the hospital I canceled the chair explaining the crisis situation, after hearing from the doctor that my mom would not be returning home from this hospital stay. Overstock acknowledged my cancellation request that morning & asked that I not make multiple communication to cancel, they would let me know how far along the process was. By 9pm that evening, they sent me an email saying they are shipping out the chair early & it will arrive at my mom’s house in 4 days.

Mind you, no one lives there anymore. My mom is in the hospital & they put a rush delivery on a $700+ chair, which obviously added to my stress (and I live hours away from my mom). It was horrible to know that in the 10 hours after acknowledging my cancellation, they couldn’t communicate to their own warehouse. I suspect they did communicate & it was to rush it out to avoid losing the sale. I called them, clarifying the many dilemmas I was dealing due to their lack of communication & they basically said “too bad for you.” They could only refund me my money if I shipped it back. It would cost hundreds of dollars to ship it back, but if I bought their ‘special program’ they would ship back for me.

The special program was cheaper than shipping, so there I was, being forced into paying for more things just to fix the lack of communication they have. And only after I paid for that did they tell me that they would not refund me! They were happily going to keep my money & I could have in store credit! Oh, and I needed to find a way to bring the massively big chair to a UPS store (I have a tiny car) in order for the shipping label to work.

There was absolutely no kindness from the acct manager Thea, she was cold & rude. I had to remind her that if she was refusing to refund my money that I was entitled to the special program they made me pay for at the start of the communication - according to their policy it is free, when you spend over $400. The customer service rep before her was at least kind. He tried to help but didn’t have clarity on information, he’s the one who told me I would be refunded if I bought this special program. All in all, I expect to sue for my refund. This company truly needs to reconsider their customer service. Whatever you are buying on Overstock, choose a different seller. The more money you spend here, the bigger the risk!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

Order Date: 11/09/2022. Order Total: $446.30. Eccotemp i12 indoor 4.0 GPM Liquid Propane Tankless Water Heater. This water heater was listed around $360.00 with various shipping methods. I needed this heater by this weekend. I decided to order from Overstock simply because they had an option to get this heater, delivered to me, on 11/11. Amazon's price for this same heater was $309.70 with free delivery by 11/14. I ordered from Overstock and paid an extra $73.00 for expedited shipping (arrival on 11/11). This morning I received an update stating the that the heater would now be delivered by 11/14. Naturally, I was unhappy and reached out to Overstock to refund the shipping amount due to the update and due to the fact that other merchants were offering free shipping by 11/14. The declined by request and told me that the item would still be shipped within the 2 to 3 business day window.

They explained that the 2 to 3 business day window would be as such 11/10, 11/14 & 11/15, and that since 11/11 is a holiday it is not considered a business day. When I ordered (early morning on 11/9) I was led to believe that this item would make it to me on 11/11, because the Overstock website estimated that the item would arrive on that date. Overstock has declined to refund shipping on this item. Overstock has also decline to reduce the shipping cost this a lessor amount.

I felt as if there was plenty of time to get this product to UPS in time on 11/9 to get it overnighted to me for delivery on 11/11. If 11/11 was an issue due to it being a holiday, then Overstock shouldn't have listed 11/11 as the delivery date and placed such a high price on the shipping to suggest to a consumer that they would be able to deliver by then. Shop elsewhere. There are plenty of other sites that will treat you, as a shopper, better.

Overstock Company Information