Overstock.com

Compare Deal Websites

Research top Deal Websites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My fiance and I ordered my engagement ring and a day later I received an email saying it was cancelled due to "Unfortunately, we lacked necessary information needed to process your order..." In a panic I called and the customer service agent said they cancelled my order because the CC used didn't match the address we had listed. She also said we didn't get a call because I didn't leave a phone number. False, I wasn't about to make this expensive important purchase without leaving my number and logged in and confirmed, "Yes it's there..." I asked her if the address was what my address is and she confirmed, "Yes... hmmm strange." I order online all the time with Amazon and they have no issue. I need answers or I'm going to the BBB and YOU NEED TO BE INVESTIGATED OVERSTOCK, YOU ARE THE WORST!!!

I ordered a necklace on 7/15, it wasn't shipped till the 17th, then it is now the 21st and it is still in transit after I was given two different dates it should of been here. I have been receiving emails all day and night stating the exact same thing, it has left Cincinnati, within 45 minutes away from me, but my package had been departed from there since 2 days ago. How is that possible? This will be the last time for me. I like to get my items in a reasonable time of me paying for them.

I've been using Overstock.com for years and I always have a positive shopping experience. They have a lot of products to chose from that covers almost all departments from electronics, jewelry, furnitures, kitchen and home appliances and many more. I love that they have a very good customer service because whenever I had problems with something I bought from them they are very much willing to help you in any way they could. I like to browse at their jewelry department because I usually find good deals there as well as the design of their products suits my taste. That is why whenever I go to Overstock website the jewelry department is a must to me. However, sometimes I am looking for a specific item and they don't have it which kinda disappoint me because I expect them to have it because I save a lot by buying products on their website. I would love to see them carrying those brand in the future.

The experience was typical, hunt for product, put in cart and checkout. But I really didn't want to become a customer and get added to a mailing list but they seem to be geared more towards that than just checking out a guest. They have a nice variety of high quality merchandise at a decent price. I have purchased many household items on overstock throughout the years. I found some really nice sheet sets and after trying them, I bought a set for my parents as well. Now they no longer carry them. I would make it a little less cluttered, keep a record of past purchases or patterns in case you want to find the same item again if possible. Also maybe show somewhere where the overstock product was recently stocked such as Belk or Dillard's or Nordstrom.

I like the quality items, easy and cheap shipping and my items always arrive in good shape and on time or ahead of time every time that I make my order. Everything works great, from the page layout to the ordering page. It loads quickly and it is always error free. They have a great selection of merchandise at reasonable prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

I like that they have what you're looking for at good prices. I also like the fact that they have a variety of different options when you look for something specific. They had what I wanted and they had stuff I didn't even know I wanted until I saw it! I have only used Overstock.com twice, but each time I had good experiences.

I ordered a rug and after 8 days I contacted customer service because the online status had displayed "processing" since the order date. I was told that it could take that long for the item to be shipped and that it should happen today. 3 days later the status was still "processing" so I called again and they said it should ship out today, but after I pressed, the agent agreed to research the transaction.

Next I receive a cancellation notice because the item is now out of stock. There were 2 items left when I ordered and 2 days later the information still said 1 item left. If they ran out of stock, they should have immediately informed me, but they did nothing about it until I called twice! If this were Amazon, Target, anywhere else, I would have had my item within 7 days, not be calling to inquire why it hadn't even been shipped yet. Never again!

Overstock is a very good online shopping place. It is very good website that I have used a few times and was always a good experience. It was easy to use and I like it. The product selection and purchasing process was very good. I recommend Overstock to people who think they want to buy things on the online.

The website has a good diversity of items and it is generally easy to transact. The prices charged are fair for the value of the product available and I enjoy shopping at this Site. A greater diversity of items would be better. I would like to see Overstock expand into the parts area be there appliance parts, auto parts etc and any other items beyond what are currently available would be of interest to me as a consumer online. The overall transaction processing for purchasing is generally good. Also, it seems like the structure of the customer service is in place to support the buyer online. I like the site.

Overstock.com has things which are always trendy and are at discounted rates for people like me. These rates which are already very low give me a great bargain and help me stock my house with the best possible stuff. As far as the product selection and its purchasing goes I really did not have any problem while finding stuff and paying for it. All the categories are self explanatory and neatly lined on the website. However, I really like the user interface, but the number of pictures should be slightly reduced. Also, the color on the website should be slightly mellow, instead of the blinding white that is used.

I love the website. It is fun and easy to use. I love all the selection and there is always something for everyone. I like getting the best deal as I am a bargain hunter. However, the fees plus shipping can be misleading. Always read the fine print and know the total cost before you buy however this is the case no matter where you buy. Other than that, it is very exciting to look for the best deal and the items are always changing. I really like finding great deals on name brand products. I just keep coming back.

I was very pleased with the selection of products and the price range of the items that I was interested in. The site was easy to navigate and the products were easy to locate. The checkout process was simple and I had no trouble placing my order. My order arrived complete, correct and in a timely manner. I was very happy with the time it took to receive my items. So I have continued to use overstock.com for much of my shopping needs. From start to finish it was an enjoyable experience and I have recommended it to several friends.

Overstock.com has variety of items including home goods, electronics, clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup even furniture. I like that I am able to find something for everyone even if they are picky. Great for product selection and finding gifts for certain people plus process of everything including shipping was easy and hassle free. Purchasing process and customer service is good. But dislike that it's a little overpriced and quality of items could be a lot better. Sometimes I don't get the actual item I wanted and items are low quality, out of stock, back ordered from other stores and not worth the price.

My experience has been very good and beneficial. Overstock has a lot of value and a lot of good things going for it. eBay and Amazon are more popular but Overstock is catching up and doing well. Overall, very nice selection and products are good. The only thing I would change would be more exposure. That way we can get more products and more services available.

I enjoy the whole process of ordering something on Overstock.com. If you are looking for something, you can usually find it on the website, in all different price ranges. Some are at very good or reasonable prices. I especially like their bed and bath products. The process of ordering is seamless and products are shipped in a timely manner. Anytime I have had to call customer service, their representatives have been courteous and helpful. However, I would change the price of some things that are too expensive and cheaper shipping rates. Sometimes the cost of shipping something is as much as the item itself.

I like that the search feature is very specific which is awesome because for my house I have very specific needs, size, color and style wise. I would like some more incentive for consumer and pictures to know what it looks like in natural lighting. I also very much like knowing what the product looks like in real life as well as consumer opinions before I buy online. Other than that, I got a high-quality jute rug for pretty cheap so I had a great experience. The product selection is vast, which makes it fun to shop around and stay on the site (probably longer than I should) and it's affordable so I can feel OK about it!

It's easy and simple to use. Overstock has a lot of different products and choices. It's convenient and very reliable. But some products that I would like to purchase are not available on this website. I have to look on other websites to purchase specific things that I need or want. It took a really long time to receive my packages too. The product selection could be a bit better, and the shipping should be much faster. Nevertheless, the customer service was excellent on this website. The purchase process was very fast, easy and efficient. I felt safe using my card information on this website. I would recommend this to my friends and family members for sure.

I like the ease of navigating Overstock.com. I also like how many different products were available. The prices were very good and the quality of merchandise I received was top notch. I ordered a pair of boots and the process was simple. The boots arrived in a timely fashion and the product was better than I expected. There were no issues with shipping handling or payment. However, I would change it to where you could have a customized home screen that showed your preferences. Would be cool if they price matched Amazon or other online websites. I also think the name Overstock implies a negative perception of the merchandise. And it would be nice if there was a rewards program or a coupon you could use because of a previous purchase.

I like the variety and quality of products available from Overstock. They have just about anything I want or need for my home. It was very easy to shop on the site. But some of the items on Overstock are overpriced and not near the retail prices you find elsewhere. I would like more of a realistic price on certain items. That's the only issue I had with Overstock. Overall, it was easy to navigate to the section of items I was looking for. Being able to filter my search was also an easy task. The checkout process was smooth and easy.

Overstock provides a plethora of options to buy from. Its unique and organized website is very easy to understand and navigate. I rely on Overstock.com to buy the majority of my current household items. Never have I ever not found anything that I searched for. They should position their advertisements in more convenient areas, sometimes they can be annoying to look at. Overall my experience with Overstock.com was a very pleasant experience. I never struggle with product selection and purchasing my goods. Also, when I'm confronted with a problem Overstock's customer service does an amazing job trying to help me resolve problem.

They're considered one of my favorite companies to shop via the internet. Excellent and extraordinarily fast delivery and I totally trust this company. The best prices around, great customer service and incredible access to product upon purchase. I like everything with this company, especially the convenience and the easy access of getting the supplies like furniture. It is very affordable and convenient to get things.

I like the less high overage charges, more variety, more choices to what you can get. You can pretty much reinvent your whole home with this specific store. This company is quite innovative, has great selection and overall great customer service. They ensure you get what you want when you want it. Overall, they have stylish and great inventory and more bang for your buck. Great store overall. I love this company and shop there most of the time. The staff is really helpful and they make sure you are left satisfied and all.

I like the Overstock.com's website layout and color, and that I can find everything without a lot of looking. Their website is very easy to maneuver and the categories are easy to find. Also, I like their prices on items that I need for household and technology. Customer service is great, shipping is acceptable, and I always get my shipment on time. The check out is easy to do and not too lengthy. I really enjoy shopping on this site.

I like that Overstock has a large variety of things, and it has almost every product that you could buy at another website. I also like that the prices are relatively low compared to other sites, and I often can get the same product for cheaper at Overstock. But I would like if Overstock had more site-wide sales and site-wide coupons/promo codes because that would make their prices even more competitive with other websites. Other than that, the product selection is great, and I really like the purchasing process. It makes everything clear, such as what you will have to pay for shipping, and what payments options are allowed.

I like their low prices and good navigation. It's a decent site with decent customer service but it could be better. It seems a bit old fashioned but you can find decent basic things at low prices. But they have low quality items and a lot of things that are dated or out of style. A lot of the clothing is no longer in style but classic jewelry there is usually pretty good. We have also gotten decent furniture there so that's ok but a lot of it is low quality. My experience is generally good but a lot of the items just aren't what I want so I don't really shop there anymore. I like Amazon much better and also Wayfair.

They gave good prices and a great return policy. Their website has many things, you are sure to find something from shoes, clothing, jewelry, home accessories, etc. I have bought shoes several times as they carry inexpensive and also expensive brands to choose from. I would add more household accessories. Other than that, I buy from them often and have never had any problems with their merchandise.

Ordered June 27th comforter set for grandson's birthday July 7th. Was told it would ship in 2 days and recd before 5th. DID NOT SHIP. Told on the 30th everyone left early for long holiday July 4th weekend was told on the 3rd would ship the 5th and be received by the 7th that there were 77 in stock. Was told on the 5th they were having technical issues at the warehouse and could not give me a shipment date. MANY PHONE CALLS NUMEROUS CHATS AND STILL PROCESSING?? None of the representatives I have talked to can get a resolution just want my item. Was told on the 7th still processing 74 in stock now 10 days told to wait till Monday the 10th to see if it ships.

That will be 13 days then another 8 days maybe to be received. Which will be 21 days. Printed Picture of comforter and printed out all the Emails and Chats gave them out at my Grandson's Birthday party. So everyone could see I wasn't the one who disappointed a child but OVERSTOCK.COM was. I don't think I have ever been subjected to such poor customer services with PEOPLE that apparently don't have the authority to actually help a customer. Told on the 10th that I would have tracking number by end of day. Told on 11th that tracking # was still unavailable. Website says item is out of stock what happened to the 77 that were there? My 11 yr old grandson checking porch every day for his gift. Shame on you Overstock.

There are many things I enjoyed about the Overstock website. First of all, the website is user-friendly and that is a must. Right from the page downloading you can see how organized they have everything. The prices on MOST of their stuff isn't bad, but it could be a little cheaper. There are more things I like about it rather than things I dislike more. There could be a few changes to the website. Make it more kid friendly, I like how the page is groomed but it is not very child-friendly in the visual aspect. Products could be less modernized, more selection of brighter colored and just some general more unique items. Nevertheless, my overall Overstock experience was great, just as advertised in the magazines. Seemed to flow pretty well through the whole shopping process. I already knew what I wanted so I didn't spend much time browsing at anything else. I would recommend Overstock.

I like how Overstock has a variety of things to chose from and how quick and easy it is to use the website about it. I like the website in general. It's effective to my use. But there is barely any sales on the website. Also I feel like it's copying other websites as well which is not good at all. I don't like how long it takes for the packages to come to be delivered too. It takes forever for items to ship to my house.

I like how Overstock.com has a good and easy layout compared to past sites and how it has something newer than others I have seen because of how it stands out from what I am use to. It was something so easy and cool to me because I am able to pick something out and choose what I want and how I want without leaving. How I can see such a big selection and be able to talk to someone fast is great as well. However, they do not have a lot of sales and I think they need to make it better by using the customer's preference and think about how they would spend. Also, it could have it easier to find the price.

Overstock.com Company Profile