Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.46/5

981 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's nice to deal with honest caring people. Real people not robots. This is by far the best outlet online. They are with you from start to finish. Excellent products and total satisfaction. Problems are resolved hassle free. Did I mention friendly. They actually call you on the phone to verify your satisfaction or any concerns. Folks-- these are the people you want to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have ordered quite a lot from Overstock and had only 1 bad experience. When I contacted customer service the item that had been lost after shipping was sent via express service. I have ordered both large and small ticket items and love this site.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am not going to lie upon ordering from Overstock.com. For my first time I was very apprehensive. I spent about a week looking at reviews online and trying to find all of the information I could about this company as I had never order from it and I had previously used Wayfair although I took the plunge. I ordered a $200 carpet from Overstock and it came within, I’d like to say five days, and I have been extremely happy with the way it turned out. The quality of it, the texture, overall. Everything about the rug is beyond my expectations. I’m a verified seller and I highly recommend Overstock.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I ordered a large leather sofa on July 31 and the item was delivered to my home in August 3rd. The free, white glove delivery included minor assembly, trash removal (the item was quite large and very well packed so I was glad to not have to deal with the leftover packing materials) and delivery to my room of choice. The sofa is beautiful and exactly as advertised, including color. I can't believe how quickly it arrived. I had actually ordered a sofa for another room from another company about a month prior and fully expected this to be the first one I purchased. Because of this, I had the wrong room cleared out and the pathway I'd cleared to be helpful actually obstructed the route they needed to take. The delivery service was prompt, courteous, and efficient and waited patiently for me to clear a new path. I am very happy with my first experience with this company.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Ordered an entertainment center. Been looking for a certain one. Finally found it. It arrived on time, and we did not assemble it until a couple weeks later as we had a broken foot happen. Started assembling and realized it was not what I wanted. Went online and could not find the one I ordered but this one had the number I ordered. I’m positive they switched on me as this one was marked with a 25% off making it the same price as the one I ordered. Got it all put together except drawers and discovered parts were missing. Called and was told that they would look around the warehouse and see if they could find the parts and if/when they did they would ship them to us. How much you anyone want to bet I never see my drawers. First and last time I buy from this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a blanket on 7/4. Tracking, when I could get it to work, said it was shipped on 7/5. Almost 2 weeks later, I am still waiting. Overstock is aware of the awful shipping record their shipper has. But, knowing this, they still use it. They would rather lose customers than use a more reliable company. Then, instead of Overstock helping me, they just referred me to that shipper who does not help. If anyone buys from Overstock, they take the same chance of not getting their delivery. Even a good buy isn't good if you never get your purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased an office suite from Overstock and never received an order confirmation. I later see the item I purchased was out of stock. I called customer service who re assured me my order did go through and was being processed. The next day upon checking my bank online I see the refund from Overstock for the office suite. When I called the customer service rep told me there was inventory error and the office suite was out of stock. I was completely disappointed in the lack of communication and the fact they can't keep proper inventory. Will not be shopping here again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I ordered two comforters on June 28th. They were supposed to be delivered on the 6th of July, which is quite a long delivery time to begin with. On the 6th I checked to see if they were out for delivery but the delivery date had been changed to the 8th. I chatted online with customer service and they were all apologetic but didn’t do anything about it. Just assured me they were sorry and the items would be delivered today. Today customer service tells me to give them one more day. This order was for an Airbnb I own and the order is critical. I have to go out today and spend more money on a comforter because Overstock couldn’t be bothered to call the carrier and ensure my order was delivered today.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I placed an order and a few days later I place 2 more and didn't realize they steal your money and don't send the products, I have requested a refund and I keep getting the run around. I will be filing a claim. This company steals your money. I wish someone will shut them down after all the same reviews.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I recently made a large purchase via Overstock.com. This was my first "big ticket" experience with them, having only ever used them once before for a small gift. I ordered a full King bed set including mattress, box spring, headboard/foot-board with railing, sheet set and mattress cover. First of all, a few days after I placed my order, a customer service agent contacted me to verify my billing address (we moved to last fall) and I confirmed that address I had on the order was correct. Several days after that, I received two communications that one of my orders had just been delivered TO THE OLD ADDRESS! I did make sure my new address was on the order when I did it on my phone, but somehow, it defaulted to our old address evidently.

I immediately picked up the phone to call and let them know that it was the wrong address and there was a second item scheduled to be delivered later that day, so I wanted to avoid that as well. They seemed very confused, trying to find fault in my ordering process rather than being interested in catching the shipments and re-routing to the correct address, and I started receiving email and text dings telling me my items were delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! I reached out to them in every feasible manner to make sure they corrected this and was told, after hearing different stories from three different agents, that this person was going to take care of it and follow up with me personally - I never heard back from her. I continued to check my shipment schedules (because, of course all five items had to ship/arrive separately), and no changes were made to my delivery address.

I continued to call and try to follow up and eventually, items were re-routed to me and my shipping address. I'll save the painstaking details of the relentless constant attempts by me to make sure there were no more mishaps, but again, every time I called customer service or texted them, I seemed to get someone who tried to give me a 'pat' answer and I had to ask them to please read the account notes before responding. Weeks went by and I wasn't getting updates, so eventually someone named "Stefanie" started responding via email to try to give me some kind of update - but they could not provide information on the bed furniture as it was a large item (obviously being shipped from China or another country).

I tried to contact the shipper and for weeks, got an information unavailable page - until finally I read that it was supposed to arrive at the local port (about an hour from us) and then I'd heard from someone to get delivery scheduled - needless to say, I did not hear anything. I continued to contact the shipper, who eventually ended with Schneider Trucking, and as of a few days ago, I got my furniture. I ordered these items at the end of May and it took a month to get all five items. I have no problem with the actual items, for the most part, but I will never, EVER use Overstock.com again under any circumstances. Their customer service was far lacking in their ability to appropriately handle this situation and then the shipping companies that they used were inept as well.

I know a lot of people swear by and have had good experiences with Overstock.com and to that I can only say, you were/are lucky. I hope no one ever has to experience what I went through when placing an order. I learned several things during this experience and will probably think very hard before making a large purchase such as this online. I thought I would take advantage of some Memorial day sales, little did I know it was not worth the frustration.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered eight chairs that were advertised as "Material: Leather, Metal, Upholstered" and they were not leather. I confirmed that by looking at the manufacturer's site, which clearly stated "faux leather." I contacted Overstock customer service and they gave me a lecture about different types of "leather" (yes really) and then charged $179 to return what was falsely advertised. I will never order from Overstock.com again.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I ordered an office chair for $100 on Overstock.com. It came with a significant rip in the fabric that makes the chair unusable. Customer service is telling me that it cannot be returned. I am deeply dissatisfied with this experience!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I realized immediately on my Overstock online order for a rug that cost over $1000 that I did not select the no interest option. I originally selected it and then it reverted to a high interest plan when a coupon code I entered was denied. I was told by an Overstock.com rep this happens often. I contacted both Overstock who told me once that the account will be changed to the no interest within a few days and that they would handle it with Comenity Bank. I was told in a follow up that no they won’t be doing anything and that I have to contact Comenity.

Comenity says no and I will just be billed high interest since the wrong button was set when the coupon was denied, even though I had selected it and notified them repeatedly. Immediately and then continued the effort. This is truly an unfair practice to the consumer. It’s misleading and deceptive. I ended up having to pay for my entire purchase in one month because I was kept in the dark. Because I threw a fit and kept pushing I got an email after the fact that I in fact could revert to the zero interest. What a headache and terrible position to put a customer in for a simple click of a wrong button.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have problem with FedEx delivering to me. Because I complained on them over three months ago. Now here we go again. And with a different company Overstock. Monday FedEx allegedly tried to deliver my package. Couldn't get in the front gate so they left a door tag. Now from the front gate you can see the back gate which is about 15 yards away. And it was wide open. So sent out emails to FedEx and to Overstock. Did online chat with Overstock. Thought it was resolved. Tuesday I get the door tag. Write on it. Back gate wide open. Big piece of paper. Back gate wide open and tape it to the front gate. Well, go out only to find out that I missed FedEx and they left another door tag on the front gate. So I contacted Overstock again. "Rest assured this will be handled."

Got email from Overstock saying that FedEx delivered my package to me today. My instant pot crock pot. Which is a crock of #####. Got message from FedEx on their app that my package was delivered to the FedEx store like 40 minutes away from me. Not the one I gave Overstock that is only 3 miles away from me. Now waiting to hear back. Are any of you veterans or on disability going through similar **? I have been on social security disability since October 2010 For PTSD and fibromyalgia. From day one followed everywhere to this day. Still going on. Google Covert harassment, Organized stalking, Stentrode implants for PTSD. This is what is being done in secret. This is one reason Edward Snowden blew the whistle. And in November 2018 found out that I have been a victim of identity theft as well You can contact me Facebook Mike **.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I ordered patio set from Overstock.com but after waiting 2 weeks for delivery only 2 pieces of a 6 piece patio set arrived. I call customer support and they told me there should be a 2nd box and it should arrive on another truck. After checking my order I noticed that only 1 box shipped. I called customer support back and they admitted that they indeed sent out only 1 box. It was my 1st purchase with Overstock but I will never purchase from them again. You only get one shot at a first impression.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I recently purchased a dining set that was marked down 4 days later by $180. Then when I used my Club O points to order a rug, I never received it! That is too much of a coincidence, especially since I wrote a review about my order being marked down and I was not satisfied with Overstock. When I first reviewed the product, they left it up because I was happy with the product. But when I updated it to state that they marked down the order 4 days later and I was not happy, my review was removed! I will never order from them again. Buyer be aware!

Original review: June 12, 2019

The only online vendor I know that charges for product before actually processing and shipping out the product. Other online vendor I've purchase from does not charge your credit card until the item has been processed and is shipped out. Right off the bat... I already don't like their business practice. I placed another order on the same day on Amazon, and it was processed, shipped and will be arriving to my house today. Being such a big online retailer, I would've thought they would have faster logistic and reasonable billing practice comparable to other larger online retailer. As a consumer, we shouldn't pay for services/product that hasn't been provided or rendered.

Original review: June 11, 2019

We placed an order on May 29 for four pillows. They arrived on June 11 - with dirt on them. The agreed to initiate a replacement but it would have been ANOTHER two weeks? Unacceptable when there are so many options available with comparable pricing online.

Original review: June 11, 2019

This company doesn’t accept no for an answer. Placed an order 5 pm. Few minutes later I realized it wasn’t for me and since two weeks ago, I am after my money, no delivery and they have kept my money and not refunding it. I had to dispute with my bank and waiting to get my money back. Be careful if you order with them.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I really liked my other purchases on Overstock until it came to this purchase. I purchased 2 orders of these dining chairs for my new apartment. One order = 2 chairs, so 2 orders = 4 chairs. I only received 2 chairs. I contacted Overstock and they told me that UPS probably lost the second box and to wait 48 hours. After the 48 hours, then they would send me a replacement order if I still haven't received it. I waited and it still didn't arrive. I contacted Overstock again and they told me to wait another 2 days for them to trace it. You couldn't do that the first time? They said they will try to trace it and within 1-2 days, they will send me a replacement order if they cannot locate it. Why can't you just send me a replacement order while you look for it? It is not on me that you lost it. So I asked for a refund.

Again, they tell me they cannot process a refund for me until they locate the box. WTF? That doesn't make any sense at all. I was at home all day when it was supposed to be delivered. I received one set of the chairs and my dining table. So it is NOT on me. You can't say that it was delivered and that no one was home to receive it. I don't see why I cannot get a refund for something that they cannot keep track of. They just want to take your money and let you deal with your losses. The product itself (the two that I did receive) isn't even that great. They look really pretty, but they feel cheap and the cushions are very stiff, not super comfortable. I tried to put this review on Overstock but they denied it because it was shipping related and not product-related. Uh yeah it is shipping related, but it is also CUSTOMER SERVICE related. Very poor customer service.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Stay away from Overstock! I ordered furniture using special 24-month no interest financing and opened an Overstock credit card in order to receive said financing. However, when I received my Overstock credit card statement, it stated that I did not have any promotional interest period and would be charged 25% interest if I didn't pay off my balance in full the next month. I called both the credit card company and Overstock and neither would agree to honor the 24-month no interest financing which I was eligible for and should have received.

The person at Overstock whom I spoke to acknowledged that she had no way to prove that I didn't select the special financing offer at the time of purchase - although clearly I was eligible for it and was asking for it! - And absolutely refused to give me the financing. I paid off the credit card balance then immediately closed the account. I will not maintain a credit card account with such a terrible business and will never buy anything from Overstock again. First and last purchase!

Original review: May 28, 2019

Overstock.com is probably the worst website to order from. Their customer service is absolutely terrible and the quality of their product is below average. I ordered from them with confidence that I would be receiving a comfortable beautiful bed, which was not the case. It took close to a month to receive this. After multiple phone calls, emails, & frustrations, I finally received it just to find out that various pieces were missing. Once expressed, they took another two weeks just to send me the wrong pieces. Instead of correcting the situation or having corporate call me, they told me to buy the parts on my own. Safe to say, I cannot use the bed. Will look into suing this company.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I have been waiting 4 weeks for my new couch to be delivered. I got a call from the delivery service and they said they can deliver Wednesday between 9 and 1. I am a teacher. I said I can be home after 4:30 any day of the week or be available on the weekend. He said they never come to my town except between 9 and 1. So I literally have to take a day off of work to sit at home and wait for them to deliver my couch. He told me to contact Overstock and tell them that I didn't want signature delivery but they require it. I told them to take their couch back and forget it and they told me it would be up to $600 for me to return the couch. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Go with a delivery company that is more flexible. I am NOT taking a day off to sign for a stupid couch.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I have shopped with Overstock.com multiple times over the past 4 years. I have decided not to shop with them any more. You cannot tell the quality of the product from the pictures. Often reviews are not there or do not mention quality. It will cost you over $12 an item to return so think carefully before buying. Even a shower curtain return was almost $13. Not worth it when so many online stores have free returns.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I ordered a vanity with a granite countertop on April 20th, which was shipped on April 26th and delivered on May 3rd. When it was delivered, the countertop was broken in two pieces, and I immediately notified the delivery person who refused to accept the return. Then, I talked to an Overstock rep, who told me that they would work on the issue and let me know the resolution within 2 - 5 business days. Today is May 13th and it’s been 10 days. I’ve reached out almost everyday to get an update, but all I got was just to wait and be hopeful.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have ordered 3 times from Overstock and was only happy with 1 purchase. The first time I needed to call customer service was when I ordered a mattress. I received the mattress and it was defective. It was sinking in upon arrival. I called to return the item and ask them for a refund. They told me that mattresses aren't returnable and they couldn't give me my money back. After that fiasco, I told myself to never shop with them again. Somehow I did. Now I made a purchase with their store credit card and I mistakenly entered a wrong digit in my banking account number while paying off the purchase completely while there was no payment due at the time (before my bill generated). I got a notice a couple days later saying my payment didn't go through. I found out that I typed 1 digit wrong somehow so I fixed the error immediately and made the payment again with success.

A month later I have a bill for $27 for returned payment because of the error. I contacted customer service to attempt to get the fee waived and they flat out told me no. I never carry a balance on this card and only used it twice and paid the bill immediately and I couldn't get that fee waived once??? I'm closing my account and never using them again! Run from this company! They only want your money! Once they got it, you're no longer a factor! God forbid you get a defective product or need to contact them for anything! RUN!!!!

Original review: May 9, 2019

Em: I have a Club O Membership which offers free returns. I recently purchased an item on the Overstock website that listed as a “marketplace Seller”. I was able to use my Club O reward dollars on the purchase as well as earning Club O points in the purchase. It was shipped for free per the terms of my Club O Membership. But when I went to return the item, I was told that I would be charged a 50% restocking fee as well as the shipping cost. After 3 hours and 4 customer service agents I was told that due to being a 3rd party vendor my membership doesn’t apply so no free return for me! What?? My membership applied to every other aspect of the purchase and there is absolutely NO disclaimer stating that Club O Memberships are not valid on Marketplace vendors purchases.

When I spoke to Curtis, Dominique, Donna and Naomi, I was also told that “you should have known” and “your points are absolutely not applied (which they were)” and “nothing we can do”. I asked all of them to point out any terms and conditions that listed this caveat to the membership and not one of them could direct me to it. Then it was back to “you should have known”. I truly believe that this is a bait and switch and I am wondering if there is a class action out there because certainly it is affecting others.

I have filed with the Attorney General as well. Overstock.com’s customer service truly lags behind the industry standard. When I mentioned to one of the agents that my Amazon Prime membership covers outside vendors they stated, “We're not Amazon”. I can attest to that. Save yourself the trouble and go with another company. These guys are truly substandard. I will reiterate what another poster stated. I spoke rob Donna as well. She is incredibly rude and insulting. In all of my years of being a consumer it was hard to believe that any company would have someone like her be the last impression that you have.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Ordered a cabinet April 5th. Said it was shipped and estimated arrival 4/18. Got an updated arrival date of 4/25. On 4/30 I called. They said they would look for the package and call me back. No return call. On May 1st I contacted them again through text. The Customer Service agent told me they were out of stock. She would look for my package that had been delivered but they would go ahead and cancel the order if they couldn't find it after 4 days. This is my first and last time using OverStock. Stick with Amazon. I've never had any trouble with them. Terrible customer service.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Purchased a hair product item only. But was shipped [along with the item I actually ordered] a vase that was not in my cart when I ordered hair product. Wanted to return the vase was told I'd have to pay shipping of $16 to return item I never ordered! As part of their "friendly customer service" I was offered a free return if I became a member of "Club O" for $19/year [how ludicrous].

How's that for a bait and switch routine! After "chatting" with CS, they finally "discounted" the ship fee by 50% and told me to take return to nearest UPS store which is 35 miles away. Customer service [oxymoron alert] then offered to arrange a UPS pickup for an additional $25.26! Again out of their great concern for my satisfaction they reduced the UPS charge by half!

The whole ordeal took up 45 mins of my time "dickering" with their customer service just to return an item that I didn't order!! Finally, after advising CS that I would be visiting this and all other similar sites, they arranged UPS pickup at no charge! But I'm still charged $6.32 for the return which in turn will cost them a lot more as I will not be visiting OS ever again. Their business plan obviously includes some very shady practices. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of buying from OS.com!

Original review: April 23, 2019

Updated on 04/23/2019: Today I received a phone call from a Donna from the Executive Relations Department. She blamed us for wear and tear and any child could see that the rug we purchased had been repaired and was not in "New" condition. She was extremely rude and stated they do not rent rugs. What! Overstock does not stand behind what they sell nor the customer. They will find reasons and excuses that it is not their problem. She added I needed to contact the manufacturer which if she would have read my email she would know that I already had. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM OVERSTOCK - YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. With great concern for future buyers, buyer beware.

Original Review: Vintage Distressed Overdyed Cyril Purple/Blue Rug. At first we loved it, it looked great. After one plus years we noticed a discoloration in a small 4" x 6" square which revealed a repair had been done. Nothing in the description stated a repair was made. Neither Overstock or Noori Rug would stand behind us. Overstock offered a $200.00 refund on a $1,743.00 rug. Buyer Beware.

Overstock.com Company Information