1.18/5

938 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 21, 2019

They sold me 6 Chairs saying it is Rome Leather chairs! But it started pealing. The Upholstery guys told me that it is not leather! I found out Overstock.com will not refund or do anything about it since I didn’t call right away. I didn’t know it wasn’t leather since the name says “Leather” I believed it and paid too much money for it! Never buy anything from Overstock.com.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Bought a Bissell carpet cleaner. Shows up a week late and open the box to find a used unit just thrown into an empty box with all the hardware tossed in afterwards. No packing, nothing. So it's beat up beyond words. We'll see how customer service responds to this but I'm not hopeful after reading the other reviews and customer service nightmares.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Purchase some items and it was not the right item. Now, they want me to paid for shipping return even it not my fault the item was wrong. It took several calls to complain and the persons sound like beginner.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I ordered luggage and the online order form clearly stated 1-3 days delivery, yet it's still not here 5 days later. Checked with online agent and he provided no help whatsoever, but just made lame excuses about I didn't read the fine print or rather 1-3 days really means something else. If I ever get the luggage I'll be surprised. Beware of ordering from overstock.com as it appears their internal processes are screwed up. Never again!

Original review: March 14, 2019

Deplorable that there is no quality control... These chairs came with stains and a loose zipper that broke off instantly. I paid over $900 for them. It took weeks to get them delivered and this is what I received. Also, it is impossible to talk to someone who will do something fast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: March 12, 2019

Bought a dresser from them in March 2019. They shipped me a mirror instead. I called to have it sent back and they told me that even though they sent the wrong item I had to pay almost $40 to have it shipped back. Their mistake but I HAD TO PAY. It wouldn't surprise me if they do this on purpose just to make you return something and make money off of it. It's ridiculous! Terrible company. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I purchased an expensive LG OLED TV (~$3000.00) back in November 2018 from Overstock. I found it cheaper elsewhere but went with Overstock because of the 24 month financing. I didn't realize the financing wasn't applied until I received the second bill. I called the Overstock's credit company who submitted a request to Overstock on my behalf and I just found out that Overstock has rejected my request because it is over 70 days. I will never purchase anything from Overstock again.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I ordered Safavieh Handmade South Beach Shag Snow White Polyester Rug in a runner size - rug shows up - it's the wrong rug. Called them and they were able to send a new rug out and gave me a shipping label to return the wrong one. I thought it was an isolated incident. So I ordered another Safavieh Handmade South Beach Shag Snow White Polyester Rug in small size. Mind you the color is snow white. What showed up was one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen. The rug has clearly been used - for a long time, the shag was clumped and knotted, the color was a dull grey from dirt and dust, it was covered in insects and the smell was so disgusting that I was airing out my first floor for a while to get it out. I am not sure I am going to be spending any money at this store again. Almost everything I get is either wrong or damaged. I honestly wish I read these reviews before I gave them any money.

Original review: March 6, 2019

As an active duty service member, I get Club O for free. I used to think that the program was a great deal. I’ve spent a bit of money over the years with Overstock and decided to opt out of Club O and shop elsewhere about 2 years ago. I’d received some shipments of damaged furniture and the service I received in rectifying this was poor. Currently, I rejoined Club O and ordered some things that I found cheaper elsewhere. I initiated 2 price match guarantees and got the run-around on both of them.

The condensed version of my experience is that 9/10 of the items that are for sale at Overstock are found cheaper elsewhere. Even with their coupons, sales, and 5% back in rewards/rewards for reviews. I stayed with Overstock because of the so-called perk of price matching that they don’t actually fulfill. I followed every guideline, and still they didn’t fulfill their guarantee. I’ll never shop there again. I’ll never recommend it to any other service member. The company is scamming people out of their money.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I purchased a Woolrich heated mattress pad in October of '18. King size, two controllers. One of the controllers quit working ALREADY. I contacted Overstock, they told me to contact the manufacturer, JLA Home (not Woolrich). I have repeatedly tried to call JLA, either get a message the mailbox is full, or leave a message and no one calls me back. I called Overstock back to tell them this, they told me to try Woolrich. Woolrich, licensed their name to JLA, so JLA is the original manufacturer. They told me to keep trying JLA. Shame on both of you: Woolrich (a name I heretofore associated with quality) and especially Overstock. Apparently your 'reduced' prices aren't worth it because you're selling crap that you don't stand behind.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I decided to use the chat function to communicate. I was unhappy with the color of the rugs because they were more gray than blue. I asked if I could return them without having to pay the shipping. The rep stated "Since you are a valued O customer I could." What I failed to realize was they would only give a store credit if I chose to return without being charged shipping. It would have been nice if they could have stated that clearly as I was ordering my replacement rugs while chatting and paying for them. So now I have a credit on my account and they said if they put the money back on my card I would have to pay $60 for shipping on a $116 order. They are crazy and just lost a 15 year customer. I will stick with Amazon. And they could learn a thing or two from Amazon.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Most horrible experience with this company. They don't have any control over their doings. I have ordered Reebok shoes from Overstock.com. The order went to third party seller. I entered the proper shipping details in Overstock website and opted for PayPal payment and selected the default option for shipping and billing, it took the shipping details from Paypal where I dont have updated address instead of details entered on its website. Within 24 hours I realized and called their customer service to correct the details they said it's not their hands, told to contact carrier.

Contacted carrier. They said they can't help me with the shipping option selected by Overstock garbage company. I emailed 3rd party seller to update the address when the status shows still under processing. He replies back saying, "I can't help you. Overstock should handle it." After making more than 10 times call to UPS and Overstock still the matter is not resolved and my order is lost. I have paid to the items which I dont have them. Thanks to Overstock. Better stay away from them.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

We purchased an outdoor dining set in August of 2018. After 6 months and two rain falls, the wood slats warped and discolored. Overstockedwithgarbage.com went back to the manufacturer who refused to do anything about it. Overstockedwithgarbage.com would do nothing about it. They obviously have no power over a company whose merchandise they sell. So these pathetic jerks cost me over $ 700. They at first offered me $ 75. They told me I could appeal the decision by the manufacturer who gave no reason for not standing by their product. I did not buy the product from the manufacturer, I bought it from overstockedwithgarbage.com. BEWARE: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. If there are issues, you are just plained screwed.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

On Mon Feb 18th, I purchased a 6 piece wicker patio set for $151. I received a confirmation email and the money was deducted from my back account. On Tues Feb 19th, I received an email and a text telling me that my order was cancelled. I replied to the text asking why. The answer I was given was “Due to a price error”. I was told to call customer service. On Weds Feb 20th, I made a phone call to customer service and the gentleman I spoke to said this was an issue several people were having. He was going to investigate and call me back by 11 am.

By 4:30 I had not received a call so I called back. The lady I spoke with was very nice and said she was going to create an incident and escalate the issue and get the answer. She said she saw it was a pricing issue and agreed that isn’t my problem and it shouldn’t be cancelled. She stated that I would receive another call from the first gentleman that day and a firm answer within 2 business days. I didn’t receive another call. On Friday Feb 22nd, I Looked on the website and sure enough there is the item I purchased on Monday but priced at $740. It had a different name - as they added the manufacturer to the name and a new item number.

I called in again to get an answer. I was told by a rude individual that they should have just told me the item was out of stock and that was that. I told him that I could see it online. He told me that I need to clear my cache because it’s out of stock. So I told him what I saw and he said that it’s different because the item number was different. The picture was the exact same. I used the chat feature on their customer service website to ask a question. I asked what was the difference between the two item numbers. After several incorrect answers about cushions - the individual stated that the only difference between the two is the warranty - one has one and the other can be cancelled. This is all been pretty shady. It looks like the patio set was priced incorrectly and when overstock realized that they cancelled the orders then waited a few days and put it back out there for the correct price.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Overstock contacted me to say my new rug scrubber was delivered, somehow it was lost or delivered to the wrong address. After a week went by they said they delivered a second one. This one also did not find its way to my house. Finally when I complained that I didn't receive the second one, they closed my account. I've always paid my bill early and many times paid way more than the minimum due. I also had a huge limit available that was not maxed out. I am one of 4 houses on a quiet country lane. Things get delivered to the wrong address. Even though I stated that I had not received the item, they charged me and decided to close my account. What an insult that was. To my surprise, after all the fuss, someone finally delivered the scrubber. Please note: If they say it's shipped, and you do not receive the item, you will still have to pay for a lost item.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I placed an order on 2/13. When I received a confirmation email none of the pieces I ordered matched what is showed on their website when I ordered. I immediately called to cancel the order on the phone with a live person on 2/13 because I first tried to do this via chat but they were too incompetent to understand what I was asking for. The lady on the phone said she canceled my entire order. Then on 2/15 I received a text stating my order had been shipped. I immediately called back and was told they would contact the warehouse and stop it. One item gets delivered and is thrown on the edge of my driveway in the pouring down rain. No one signed for it. Now I am battling with Overstock for them to return the $2700 they charged to my card. I will absolutely never use this company again. The customer service is a complete joke. I spent about 4 hours on the phone and multiple emails and texts.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We ordered a pair of nesting end tables. While one was defective due to a screw hole left undrilled, that wasn’t our biggest complaint. When we unpacked the glass tops we noticed a large sticker which said that the product exposes one to toxic chemicals including lead. While Overstock was willing to allow for return and eventually agreed to provide a mailing label not to be charged to us, they were unconcerned that no one is told of this information in advance of ordering. They explained that there is no legal obligation to do so unless the product was purchased in California. No longer an Overstock customer!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

The bed itself is pretty nice, but a few of the wooden slats and plastic connectors broke. Good thing I paid extra for a 5-year warranty, right? WRONG! The warranty info on Overstock's website was outdated, so I wasted so much time trying to submit a warranty to a company that my warranty policy wasn't even with. I talked to multiple customer service representatives who gave me the names of different companies and different policy numbers - obviously incorrect information.

Finally, I was pointed to the right company, and they denied my claim because I submitted it too long after the damage occurred. Yes, because I was wasting my time dealing with Overstock for so long. I contacted Overstock about this issue and every day I just get another customer service rep who promises that they're working on the issue and I should hear something within 24 hours. So far I've been told that I need to submit a warranty claim with that company...which I obviously already have. It's as if they're not even reading the history of my interaction with the company when another customer service rep takes over. Overstock is fine if you're just buying something that you're fairly confident will not land you in a chat with their incompetent customer service. However, for that reason alone I would never buy from them again.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's nice to deal with honest caring people. Real people not robots. This is by far the best outlet online. They are with you from start to finish. Excellent products and total satisfaction. Problems are resolved hassle free. Did I mention friendly. They actually call you on the phone to verify your satisfaction or any concerns. Folks-- these are the people you want to deal with.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I ordered two mattresses and they were suppose to be delivered by the end of the week but the day before I got an email that they would not show up until the next week. So I canceled one of the mattresses. Come to find out that both were returned to the warehouse and I am being charged for the shipping on both mattresses. I have the conversation saved of saying I still wanted one of them and they still said that it was my fault that both were returned. They seem helpful but they are just looking to take your money.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I brought a side sleeping pillow, it wasn’t delivered until I disputed the transaction with PayPal. The pillow arrived after 2 months and is not what I ordered. It is child size and made from some cheap material that feels horrid. They say they offer 100% refund guarantee however I have to pay to have it shipped to USA. They are also asking for the packing slip which never came with the parcel. This company is a scam and I would highly recommend never dealing with them!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I am very upset with Overstock, for one I called to make sure that they would set up a delivery with me when I would be home, they assured me this would happen. It did not. I came home late from work to find my new coffee table sitting in the snow at my front door. I live alone and had no way to get into my apartment and nobody to help me. It could have been stolen. Horrible business practice, they didn't even call or email to let me know when it was going to be delivered. It was just ordered 2 days ago and I had no idea it would come that soon.

I tried to get it into my apartment myself and could not. My sister also ordered me another table and I am afraid the same thing is going to happen. I am mad that I was lied to when I called with customer service telling me they would set up a delivery date. I will never order with them again or any online company who just drops off shipments with not making sure the customer is home first and what is convenient for them.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

For whatever reason, Overstock doesn't have it where I can leave a customer review on their page so I will be leaving it here and every single other potential avenue possible along with the necessary bureaus. My husband and I purchased a pressure cooker back at the end June 2018 from Overstock. We have had pressure cookers for 8 years now that we use at least 5 times a week. Needless to say this one we got hasn't last but about 6-7 months and it's already not pressurizing right and losing pressure while cooker. We reported it to Overstock and the manufacturer to which both companies are not helping.

Mind you we not only are under a 1 year manufacturer warranty but we also have an extended warranty that we PURCHASED and PAID FOR from Overstock. The manufacturer states they do not have any replacements in stock. It's been 2-3 months we've been "waiting patiently" as requested and still today were told to please be patient. Um excuse me, I've been patient for months! I use this 5 plus times a week and it's starting to be very very annoying not having it, especially considering I'm supposedly DOUBLE COVERED on this damn thing. Overstock is NO better! They aren't helping, providing alternative exchange options, refund, absolutely nothing. Yet I have two warranty coverages!? WTF!

I've always heard people talk about Overstock having great customer service. This is FAR from great customer service. I receive better service from my local McDonald's! What did I buy an extended warranty for and purchase from overstock if they aren't going to provide any help and coverage? Terrible customer service and I will be continuing to fight this until everyone knows and I have a resolution. Do not buy from overstock, especially not the extended warranty, complete garbage and worthless waste of money!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered a jute rug and it began to unravel immediately. It was also streaked in coloring. I paid around $400 for this rug and it was definitely not worth it. When the knots unravel, they cannot be fixed leaving holes in the rug.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Worst online shopping experience. When I researched the product Overstock price was very competitive what made chose that website to order the item. There was no info about delivery time frame. I place the order hoping will take no more than 2 weeks. Took 4 days for the order to be process, they send me note my item was shipped but I could not track the package showing me as item not found. I contact customer support they answer was to wait 1-2 days for the tracking number. There is more than 10 days no answer. Now they say to wait 4 weeks because is an oversize item. There is no competitor that may take that long.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I received an email in the morning about a product that I had been looking at. It advertised the item for $144.99. Later the SAME day, I clicked on the direct product link from the email and the item was $210.99 when I put it in my cart. I reached out to Overstock about the discrepancy. They claimed that the advertising department sets pricing and that it's up to the consumer to check pricing frequently. This seems fraudulent, and certainly at the very least, false advertising - particularly since I visited the site within hours of receiving the email.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Purchased a pricey Diane von Furstenberg Black Wool Wrap Coat from Overstock. This long coat is ridiculously tight in the shoulders, you gotta order two sizes larger than shown. Got a return authorization and shipped it back to seller who still has not issued the credit. Quite frustrating! A month later they refuse to credit my account forcing me to submit a chargeback request with my card issuer. OVERSTOCK DOES NOT HAVE CONSUMER RECOURSE OR OVERSIGHT OVER THESE UNETHICAL VENDORS! Buy elsewhere or get screwed like we did.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Was sent damaged furniture twice. I bought this and the fees were not matched up with the holes. I rigged it up so it was usable. Since it was big and impossible to repackage Overstock.com offers to keep it with a $125 discount. They refused and sent me a new one which was damaged and I am now struggling to get that one back in the packaging! Not sure what to do with the first one. They knowingly send damaged returns to other people! I will never buy from them again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

If I can give 0 stars I would. They mess up more times than not on merchandising as well as billing. They make NO attempts to redeem themselves to keep your business. They offer an apology for an inconvenience and move on. They've made their money off of you so they really don't care. Obviously, I will no longer patronize them and have cut my card up. PLEASE BE SURE TO CAREFULLY GO THROUGH YOUR BILLING STATEMENT!! They will pull a fast one and will make no attempts to rectify.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

OVER A MONTH TO GET HERE AND 4 DAYS BROKEN! This is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. Greedy company!!! I have called, texted and emailed. They have done nothing over a month for a boxspring. And I call for them to take it back and they haven't and the carrier have done nothing. Just buy on Amazon. They have a better customer service. I hope they go out of business. What a joke!

Overstock.com Company Information