2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.8/5 (2356 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?
Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.
Does Overstock sell fake products?
No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.
Is there an Overstock store?
Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.
Is there Overstock in Canada?
Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I ordered a dining room set (The Gray Barn) and it was delivered within two weeks. The company that delivers responded to a couple of my emails immediately, prior to delivery. The delivery men were super friendly. The dining set was well packaged, no damage and no missing parts. One of the pieces of the table has since broken, but I was able to order a replacement part online. Hopefully I receive it! Overall, positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I was overstocked for about 5 years. I put all my stuff in storage and I end up lost everything out of my storage so I had to start over with completely so I got in contact with Overstock and I bought my liberal set and my bedroom set from overstock and I am still sleeping on this furniture and when my bedroom set in my living room looks very nice. I think they give good product and they're on time and they're not extended expensive as most companies that I see like Value City and their payments are fit my budget.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I really liked finding the things and started out filtered that I was looking for. It was an overwhelming. They had just enough furniture for me to browse through. I like the selection and it wasn't too much Furniture so it wasn't overwhelming for me to look and see what they have.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I ordered a bed in a box from them. It was supposed to be a Sealy. It was not. It was supposed to be firm. It is not... but I kept it anyway.. I bought it three years ago and already need a new one. I won't but from Overstock again. I will go to a furniture store that specializes in beds so I can physically see what I am getting.. Do not like the bed in a box.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I had a wonderful experience with Overstock. The store is filled with affordable and stylish furniture for your particular look you are trying to achieve. The website was easy to use and informative. I would definitely recommend this store to my friends and family.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

The patio furniture item I bought was good; the issue I have is with their customer service. Overstock delivered two of the same bench sections so I couldn't connect the three sectionals together. I didn't realize this until I built the entire set. I had to submit a missing parts form in order to get in touch with customer service. They responded saying they weren't able to send the missing part only, and they had to send all three packages again and then I would have to schedule a return for what I didn't need. Not ideal as the packages are heavy ** and I have to store everything inside until it's sorted out. However I agreed only to find out that the teal set I bought was no longer in stock and that I could get the grey one instead which I do not want.

I've been in contact with customer service since 6/28 with no resolution in sight. I've called and emailed numerous times and talked to about 10 separate representatives and not one can offer an acceptable solution. They've given me the run around and claim their "speciality" team will review this issue. However, they will not provide any solutions (no partial refund, no full refund to keep what I have) other than to return what I have for a full refund (which is a standard policy??) OR I can keep the incorrect set I have, without any sort of compensation.

I also no longer have the original packaging so they said I could donate the furniture and provide a donation receipt in order to get a refund. I find this highly unacceptable because it requires all the work on my end for a mistake they made/have taken so long to resolve. Their lack of urgency and repeat statements of "we can only offer a refund if you return the item" is infuriating. Is there someone out there who has two right side benches and is going to go through the same thing?? This is not the first time that Overstock has missed something in shipping either. My two experiences with them have lead me to believe that they have one of the worst customer service/shipping departments out there. I should have spent more money and purchased the set from a different company.

Original review: July 31, 2021

They said we would receive the beds we ordered on Friday. We waited, they never showed. I contacted them, they said sorry for not updating the delivery time to a later date. They said it would come by the end of the next day. It didn’t. They said it would be another 2 days….I asked them to cancel it. I asked for a refund. I’m still waiting. Ridiculous!

Original review: July 29, 2021

I purchased through Overstock.com because their delivery windows were short and I was in need of furniture ASAP. I purchased a 4 piece bedroom set that included two nightstands, bed and dresser on 7/17th. The product was scheduled to arrive 7/22nd. The product arrived but with a missing nightstand (valued at $300). I have been giving the runaround and not one is taking accountability for the missing item. At this point, I have been left to dispute the charges with the bank. This was my first experience with overstock.com and it will be my last.

Original review: July 18, 2021

BEWARE!!! I have been with Overstock for over 7 years and bought a whole household of furniture, bedding, mattresses, rugs, and household items from them. I never had any payment issues. Last Sunday I received a phone call from a lady stating I owe $93.95 dollars and my account is delinquent. I let her know this is odd and never happed before. At first thought, it was a scam call. I couldn't think of what I bought and did not pay for. I quickly paid over the phone as she stated if I did not pay NOW there would be another $35 late charge. I quickly paid over the phone and hung up to call customer service. Then I found out it was a $19.95 charge for the Club O renewal that I did not purchase. This was put on my account without my knowing. $19.95 for the renal and then- two $35 late fees, two min $2 fees for interest all on an unauthorized charge.

If that wasn't bad enough on top of all this, the next day I found out they reported to the credit bureau my account was delinquent. My credit was at 810 and just went down -55 points. I called in again to the service line, only to get a lady that would not listen to me, talked over me, and all she would say is "how would you like to make your payment today". I hung up and called back to get gentleman who was educated on how to listen and saw there was an issue. He stated the fees will be taken off, and all the changes related to the fraudulent renal fee. He was kind and very apologetic on what had happened: However he stated he had no authority or access to the credit report and I need to write a secure message to request the derogatory remakes be removed from my credit.

This was done 5 business days ago and NO RESPONSE. I called customer service again, and was assured by a kind Lady Rebecca who assured me this will all be taken care of, I even have a case #. But I do not trust a company that behaves in such a manner. Scary when a company and their credit card holder can place whatever changes they like on your account and mess with your credit unfairly and YOU have to request through messages they do not respond to in a timely manner, to remove their inaccurate information... BE WARNED. I will be updating my review once the outcome of this fiasco has been resolved.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I purchased a recliner from Overstock. FEDEX delivered it to my neighbor, 5 houses away. FedEx was not very responsive to their error. When I contacted Overstock, they asked me to move the package to my house....a 103 lb female moving a 77 lb box!!!! Not only did I have to find the misdelivered merchandise, now they expect me to correct their error. Will never do business with them again.

Overstock Company Information