3.42/5
  • 1 star
Based on 331 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 14, 2017

706 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I bought a bed frame from Overstock, it was suppose to be on a six month no interest account. It was not, so I called Commodity Capital who told me it was not their problem, but the problem of Overstock, so I called them, and they told me the only way to resolve the problem was for me to return the bed and repurchase it on a zero interest account.

I thought this could be done in the virtual world, but I was sadly mistaken, they actually want to disassemble the bed, pack it up and ship it back to them, then repurchase the same bed on a zero interest account...drag it upstairs and reassemble the bed...but the bed is out of stock. This is horrible customer service. I told them they could send someone to disassemble the bed, and pack it up, and pay me my hourly rate for needing to be home during the time this person was packing up the bed ($55. per hour) and they told me no it was my problem. Overall this is a horrible company to do business with. Oh and the bed is out of stock, so this will not even work... Jerks.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

So I ordered a Serta Queen mattress off of Overstock.com and when it arrived I noticed it was very saggy and sagged particular more on one side than the other. I contacted Overstock and told them that the bed doesn’t match its description and is way too saggy and that I wanted to return it. They told me if it was found defective upon their “inspection” when it was returned they would reimburse me the return shipping cost. I told them that I definitely thought it was defective since it was sagging more on one side than the other. They charged me $90 for the return cost and told me that they didn’t find it defective.

I told them I wanted to see a record of their inspection or any kind of report or proof that they actually did the inspection. They provided me with nothing but a “sorry, it is what it is” type of explanation, and proceeded to tell me that since when I first emailed them and had mentioned it was way too saggy that that was just a “personal preference”. So apparently you must clarify and say it’s defective right away or else they’re just going to take as much money out of the return shipping cost from you as they can.

I thought this was a dirty and stupid business practice for them, considering they probably didn’t even inspect the bed. They just saw my first email and were like "Ok we can just charge him for the return because he didn’t say it was defective right away," even though I had said I thought the bed was defective after realizing how much more it sagged on one side than the other. Not to mention the fact that they are selling poorer quality beds that are defective. I’ve slept on Sertas before and the same model that I had ordered and I’d never felt them sag that much, they must be selling used/defective mattresses, which is a poor business practice. Needless to say I will never do any business with their website ever again and I’m trying to inform as many other people as I can about how terrible that experience was and their customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

When I was making a purchase, I received $4000 credit limit. Was told that I have 24 months interest free financing. Bill came, and I am being charged interest! When called, I was told that apparently not all purchases are eligible! Why wasn’t I told about that? I WAS told, however, by 3 Overstock employees, that it is definitely an interest free financing!!! Not worth buying from them. Now I have to pay $1000 more in interest!!! I could have purchased that stuff from the store for way less!!!

Resolution response: Dec. 15, 2017

Contacted corporate headquarter in Utah, receptionist listened to my story then transferred me to a ceo; she was more sympathetic, I forwarded all my emails & pictures of my ordeal to prove it really happened. As soon as they were received she credited my account $100.00. I also mentioned that not 1 supervisor came on the phone to talk to me, they let customer service rep stand in the front line. Google ceo address then call and tell your story, if the bosses don't know what is wrong they cannot fix.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Handy Living Palermo Turquoise Lounge - Ordered 10/17, received 10/31 left on front, no idea who delivered; item was defective, contacted Handy Living as stated in paperwork in box, they shipped replacement which was lost by FedEx and arrived damaged, again contacted Handy Living who shipped out 3rd package. 2 months later I have item, contact Overstock who would not put supervisor on phone, stating that it is past 30 days and I did not contact them; offered to forward all emails to prove my case, they said they don’t have the technology to support that. No compensation or credit was offered.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I ordered two Dream Tents on 6 October 2017 - I am still waiting for it to be delivered! It is now two months. I have been in touch two or three times. I received automatic replies allocating me a "ticket" number. The next day I received a personal response - expected delivery would be in less than 30 days/the order has been shipped and here's the tracking number - which did not work! The shipper had no record of my order. Useless! I need these for Christmas for my grandchildren but, I think I shall try to cancel my order: I'm doubtful whether that will be an easy exercise.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I've place an order with overstock 4 days ago which I haven't received yet! The chandelier I bought was for $299. Just yesterday the price dropped down to $224. I request a price match. They give all the wrong reasons which is unbelievable to a 6 years old kid for not to match the price or accept the return. They even want to charge me $40 if I ship the item back!! What else could go wrong!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I ordered a ring from them. I forgot about the order and was just looking to see when a current order was scheduled for delivered when I looked through my order history and noticed it. I contacted customer service and they refuse to offer a refund - said it's too late and that they can't track the package. TERRIBLE customer service! I will NEVER order from them again!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

I ordered a Mohawk Outdoor Rug, they sent me an Mohawk Indoor only Carpet in an entirely different color completely FOUR times, even though I sent pictures of what I wanted and what they were sending. They did manage however, to charge me for the rug I wanted which was significantly more expensive then the carpet they kept sending me. Bait and switch perhaps? Now they have taken the stand that it is my fault and I must pay the return shipping charge of $20.00. Thank goodness I charged it and my credit card company backed out the charge.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I placed an order and received my confirmation email, so I never checked my email again for days and returned to find they had canceled my order for reasons they couldn't divulge - they said they attempted to contact me but couldn't get ahold of me. Their version of 'contacting' me was sending 1 email, no phone calls, despite having my phone #. I attempted to purchase the item again but no matter what credit card or information I used, NONE OF MY CARDS WORKED, I got an error message each time. During that time the item has sold out. I attempted to contact Live Chat and they couldn't help me - just referred me to Loss Prevention which by that time had closed.

I have never placed an order anywhere else, have it flawlessly GO THROUGH and send me confirmation email, only for the company to cancel the order later - and then none of my credit cards work and I'm unable to buy anything! Something is SERIOUSLY wrong with their system. Apparently this has happened to people many times with Overstock!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

HD Couture White Leather Counter top stools - Placed order online for 3 chairs on 11/21 hoping to get them right after Thanksgiving. I receive a notice of shipping on 11/21 with tracking information. No scheduled delivery date. I checked after Thanksgiving on UPS website stating label created. Checked for several days until 11/27. Called them. They said they will put a trace on package. It will take 1-2 business days to resolve. Called them on day 2 they said still no information. I called UPS myself and said package was never picked up, only label created. I called Overstock back. They said they would send replacement out on 11/29. I check status online on 11/30 and says cancelled. I called them and they say they are out of stock. I already filed a complaint with PayPal. I am sure it will be months to resolve. Stay away from this company. I would not buy another item from them.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I purchased a modestly priced sofa from Overstock in September. By November the left arm had become loose & partially detached. Roughly 6 weeks of moderate use & the couch is falling apart! I had family in town over Thanksgiving & we turned the couch upside down to see if it could be fixed only to find that it wasn’t coming loose but, was actually falling apart. I contacted Overstock & they told me because I was past the 30 day return policy I would need to contact the manufacturer directly & they would not help me. Poor customer service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

WOW, after 3 weeks I finally get my order, and it was supposed to be in two parcels, and I only received one. Customer service SUCKS, they're so slow. So mad, now I have to wait another 1-2 days for them to figure it out and another 3 weeks again on top of the 3 weeks I already waited to receive the second half of my table!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

They are always professional and always have outstanding customer service. Any problems I have are always resolved. Thank you. Always courteous. Very experienced representatives. Hands on. Always willing to help.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I placed an order from Overstock on Nov. 4. As of today 11/29 it has not shipped. I paid for standard shipping understanding it could take up to 12 days. I have tried to contact customer service but cannot get any response. My payment processed right away though.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

I ordered 2 area rugs from OVERSTOCK.com. Both arrived nothing like the picture on their website. I spent 3 days trying to contact and send pictures to show them their mistake. They finally acknowledged that the rugs did not match the descriptions in any way and offered to take them back. BUT, an 8 x 10 wool rug is heavy and awkward. I had already destroyed the sleeve it came in. I am a Senior and unable to lift and roll a 65 pound rug. I had to hire help and purchase materials to return it. After about 20 emails (most were responded to with a boilerplate answer and never read, I had to hire someone to pack and ship them back. It was an awful experience. The mistake was entirely theirs... the responsibility was entirely mine. Do not, ever, do business with Overstock.com. The money you might save will be more than wasted if the rugs arrive, not as advertised. The worst customer service experience of my life!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Put item in cart. When I went to check out, I had trouble logging in. Then my coupon wasn't applied. After a while I finally decided to checkout as a visitor. To my surprise, the price went up! I started a chat. The chat guy said he saw a lower price than my cart (but higher than what I had earlier). Then, he said maybe not. I asked for a supervisor and it was long and slow getting one. Boring long story a little shorter... one hour after trying to check out and a long and totally unsatisfying chat later - including the guy oddly talking about future prices - my coupon did not apply and the price stayed high. Sigh.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I am done with this site and I haven't even received my sofa yet. I found out my sofa does not even come with cushions or a mattress for the daybed part it folds out to. I called the same day and tried to cancel it and the girl was putting me on hold every 2 minutes because she was unsure of the return policies at her own job. Finally she said there was nothing she can do. I did a live chat to see if I could get some better answers and the same thing happened again. No we can't help you at this time. Literally said they could cancel it at the warehouse since it has not been shipped out yet or left the warehouse and then said, oops nevermind we can't. Just so many wishy washy answers! This is going to be a longgg process before I get that money back. If I ever do...

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I was charged $193.53 twice upon ordering. I had my bank refund one of the charges. I then have been charged another 2 times each month after September in October and now in November. I have still tried to contact Overstock directly because I figured this would be easy for them to fix. This last phone call I was told someone probably got my card and is ordering on another account. I asked to speak to finance department or fraud and I was told I should just cancel my card. That there wasn't a way for me to talk to billing and that there were no other charges. I'd never trust this company again. This was only my second order.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I ordered a gazebo that arrived damaged. The customer care representative assured that I would receive replacement parts. After a month it didn't happen and now I have to disassemble the gazebo to return it.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

This seller has become almost exclusively a drop shipper. They are unable to address many problems for this reason. They are NOT selling out of their inventory, but rather that of multiple other sources and sites. Lots of luck.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My 1st Order with Overstock appeared promising. OMG was I ever wrong. BEWARE: buyers. Being a dissatisfied customer like myself, returning 80% of my order. Take Note there's no return labels, nor are you refunded for any shipping and handling fees. Most of my order wasn't totally clear or specific. Ex: if you're ordering a jogger suit, most immediately think warm. Ummm that wasn't my experience, I'd received more like summer suit set. Just sharing helpful info.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought a $750 sectional couch, received it in poor condition. Between missing parts and lots of holes in the fabric and foundation. Over 2 weeks of going back and forth and still trying to get it resolved. DONT SHOP HERE!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I bought 2 items. Both items came from vendors apparently, not Overstock. Therefore these items CANNOT be easily returned. I purchased a reconditioned desktop computer. It DOES NOT work. The technical support at JOY SYSTEMS only has limited hours. When I finally was able to reach a tech, they couldn't help me. Of course I can return it if I want to pay $45 shipping. Customer service at Overstock in effect said, "Too bad, nothing we can do about it." Well, I told them I'd be happy to do something like place my reviews where future buyers can be warned of their deceptive practices. Overstock Used to be a wonderful online shopping service. Just like Amazon and eBay, they use vendors and the consumer loses! BEWARE.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

If I could give a 0 star review, I would in a heartbeat. I am very upset and appalled at how this company is ran. My mother tried purchasing a beautiful dainty wedding band for my upcoming wedding as a wedding gift two separate times, and the order was canceled both times. I called about 3 Times to ask about why it had been canceled and said that the billing address didn't match the card information, in which our end, we accidentally did put the shipping address instead of the correct billing address.

Costumer service was very unclear as to what they needed on my end in order to correct the order. They finally had told me to get my mother to directly call and talk to them to correct it. I was finally able to get her on the line, and when our call was answered, the woman on the line said she needed my mother to call separately with her phone. I think it is totally stupid because of the fact that they told me to get my mother is on the line, I did, and she has a completely different voice and accent, but was still told to call back AGAIN.

So for the 5th time, my mother called them back with her own phone number, customer service is asking for a picture of her face, a picture of her license, and a picture of her license and face together. I feel that is a violation of privacy. Why do you guys need my mother's personal information (driver's license, and face)? Where are those pictures going to end up? Why Were we told she just needed to call with her phone, but you still won't correct our order? NEVER IN MY LIFE am I ever ordering from this company ever again. Total waste of time, well just order the ring from another better company.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I attempted to cancel a weekend order (placed and cancelled 4 hours later on Sunday) and the Overstock Customer Specialist told me that nobody was in the Warehouse until Monday at 8 AM local... that my order would 'likely be cancelled because the warehouse people are tuned into weekend order cancellations on Monday AM"... they shipped the item anyway ($270+ in my cost). I believe that Overstock was intentionally deceptive in their return policy and operational execution of that policy. I WILL NEVER use Overstock.com again, and I would encourage every other potential customer of Overstock.com to rethink/reevaluate their decision to use Overstock.com. VERY VERY POOR customer service. Return policy is deliberately complex and deceptive.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Overstock.com does not allow ANY changes or cancellations to orders once you hit that "send" button so ordering errors are not allowed. Customer service (Nathan) said they called over to the warehouse to cancel my order, since it was not picked or shipped yet and since corrections are not allowed. They didn't cancel the order at all and the next day, I received an email stating the order shipped. I then emailed customer support again. They said they did speak with the customer service agent I spoke to the previous day (Nathan) and it was not cancelled so they will re-route the shipment. That didn't work either.

If they had just cancelled the order when I called, none of this would have been necessary. The order is now on its way and I will have to pay almost $55 to have it sent back and then, re-order the correct item. Needless to say, I will not be re-ordering the correct item from Overstock.com and will not be doing business with them in the future. Orders should be able to be modified or cancelled up until the order is picked and/or shipped.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Beware when buying from this company. I moved into a newly developed townhome. I am the first person to ever live in here. I've been in my townhome for three months with no issues. I decided it was time to upgrade my bed and purchased a memory foam mattress from Overstock. For the first week I thought there was a mosquito in my room. I was going crazy looking for this flying vampire until I noticed that the bites didn't resemble that of a mosquito. Upon research they resembled that of bedbugs. So I inspected my mattress and come to find that's what I have.

They did refund me for my mattress and gave me a $50 credit for their store. Oh how nice of them, they gave me something I will never use. I am already out hundreds of dollars, hours of sleep and tormented from the itchiness due to this infestation. They said that all they can do is refund me for my mattress but everything else is on me. I spoke with a supervisor and he said that if I research the area you will see there have been reports of bedbugs. Basically trying to say it was due to outside circumstances and not their company. How strange that statement, no one else in my neighborhood has this issue. I certainly didn't have this issue until I purchased your product... Below is a picture of bites on my back. They're also on my legs, arms and glutes. Sorry for the quality of the photos, my camera is not the best.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I purchased an area rug from Overstock through eBay. The rug was improperly rolled and had deep, massive creases everywhere. After several weeks of work using a variety of methods most were gone, but several prominent creases remained & will require steaming. Despite several requests, Overstock would not do a partial refund to pay for the costs incurred to do so. They were slow to answer all emails to an unbelievable degree. Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Started last week, found a great patio set that was perfect for what I wanted. Purchased it. Website showed it was the last one left. After the purchase, website even said it was out of stock. 3 days later I get an email that my order has been cancelled because it's not available. I call customer service and they claim someone else must have also purchased it. So I wait and days later it shows back on the website again as being in stock and it lets me purchase it again. Guess what??!!! Yep, 2 days later my order is cancelled again!! And I understand that this happens a lot. What your warehouse has is not what's reflected on your website. Shame on you and your horrible business practice and how you treat customers.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought an 800 dollar sofa from Overstock and received it after 4 weeks. The comfort was terribly wrong. I immediately called to return it. They tried to charge me 200. It took two weeks to dispute this charge. I will never buy from Overstock.

Overstock.com Company Information