3.2/5 (686 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?

Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.

Does Overstock sell fake products?

No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.

Is there an Overstock store?

Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.

Is there Overstock in Canada?

Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

Had to spend a great deal of time to try and find an extra large pressure cooker/instant pot. Very difficult to find. Bought an actual instant pot, but even their largest 8 quart is way too small to cook for my needs. You can't fill more than 2/3 full. But the MEGACHEF 12 quart certainly fills the bill and seems to be the largest available on the market. Their competitor Go Wise wouldn't even bother to get back to you when making an enquiry, and their reviews showed that they were notorious for that very reason. The MEGACHEF 12 quart got decent reviews, so that's why I bought 4 of them. Go Wise you lose! This isn't the first time I've used OVERSTOCK.CA, and their promptness has been great. Overall, very pleased with both of these companies.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

We have a friend coming to stay with us for 4 days this month and was needing a bed for our bonus room. My husband and I don't have many guests so didn't want to spend a lot of money but didn't want her on an air mattress either. Found a reasonable bed design that could be expanded to sleep as a king and put back to a daybed. The product arrived within a week of purchase, emails were sent on tracking and delivery, the product was packaged well and had no blemishes or damage, all pieces were there. Overall experience was more than I expected based on poor reviews. I will order again. I don't enjoy shopping online at all but this was a good experience. Thought I would leave a good review.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Love the prices and varieties. Love the free shipping and customer service. Good for online seekers, busy people, disabled looking to buy from home, etc. Great furniture, rugs, dressers, mattresses, which I just bought a fabulous one last year during the pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I ordered some roller shades about four months ago from the website. I found using the website easy to use and follow. The shades were high quality and as advertised on Overstock. The delivery was speedy and the package was not damaged and protected the merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I ordered a three piece living room set of tables and the shipping was very fast, the price was reasonable if the quality was made of wood, which I found out afterwards that is like a plastic material like. When they arrived we had to ask for help to bring the big box in. The three tables are inside one box, and very heavy. I call the customer service right away and the person I spoke to was very helpful. She requested pictures of the damaged items to be sent on the email that she had sent me. She said that I should receive the replacement tables within two business days.

For now I’m waiting for the tables and see what conditions they are in. Hopefully they’ll arrive soon before the holidays since we will have guests coming over. The tables are in the pictures are very nice. This is my second experience with Overstock.com. I will give an update as soon as my tables arrive. As soon as they send the replacements and they are not damaged or no other issues, they will get 5 stars.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I ordered a table, the ordering process was great, and the item arrived in 3 days, which was wonderful. When I opened the box, I realized the table was completely broken and unusable. I went to the website and hit the return button, went through the process, and when I finished, I got a message to wait 24 hours. 24 hours goes by, I go back to the website, look under returns, and nothing. So I go through the entire process again. 23 hours later, I finally receive a message asking for more details. I happily and immediately submit the extra details. 24 hours later, no response again. So now I am calling the customer service number. The automation says it cannot find my phone number, please enter the order number. I enter the order number, this also cannot be found. I go through a lot more automation asking me to enter a different phone number and/or order number. What can I do since I called from the phone number associated with my account and already entered the correct order number? So I wait.

Finally, the automation tells me I will be sent to a representative, and the wait time is less than 3 minutes. SCORE! But then, at 2 minutes, it hangs up on me. I call back, go through the entire process again, and again, disconnected. So I call a third time, and opt for the text message, it asks my phone number, I enter, then says did you get the text message? Nope....Asks me to enter another phone number....What? I used my phone number??? So I enter my number again....Same thing.... No message.... So I wait, hoping maybe to be connected to an agent....Nope, disconnected again! 10 minutes later, a text message finally comes through. Finally get to an agent, who then tells me to wait even longer for a response. What the heck?!? It took less time to make the order and receive the item than it is taking to get some simple return instructions! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!!!

Original review: May 17, 2022

I received this product damaged in the mail. I needed to purchase a new dog cage for my escape artist husky. She destroyed her last cage. So I decided to spend a little bit more cash for a better dog cage. I contacted customer service for a replacement within my 30 day warranty and they sent me screws instead of a replacement cage. My 30 day warranty ended cause of how much time was wasted trying to get a replacement cage. I was then referred to the manufacturer for the 90 day warranty which is Mariette Inc. I called the warranty number 678-294-3000.

I wasn't even on the phone for 6 minutes and the lady hangs up on me because she didn't want to deal with my issue 'cause she kept trying to refer me back to Overstock and I told her that they gave me that number to call. This has been a big hassle and I'm never purchasing anything again from Overstock. Nothing but a runaround and horrible customer service from Marietta Inc for the warranty on this Dog cage. Buyer beware if you purchase anything from Overstock.com. It more than likely to arrive damaged and it's going to be a hassle trying to get it replaced.

Original review: April 28, 2022

We recently bought an 8'x11' rug from Overstock through eBay that was defective so I contacted the seller, sending three brief, dissimilar messages, each with pertinent information, one after the other. An Overstock rep replied with a message that was somewhat snooty. I sent "too many messages", she was "really busy", etc. I was asked to send photos and did so, and per an eBay rep, I also opened a return claim with eBay just to cover myself.

The Overstock rep looked at the photos, agreed that it was defective, and said we could return it for a refund. She sent me a message saying, "Here is your return label!" but no label to print was attached. I contacted her about the missing label and she replied, "I'll send you one in 24 hours." She could take the time to tell me that but not send the label then and there? I also asked her if UPS could possibly pick the rug up at our home as we're seniors and don't drive and she replied, "Yes, but first you have to close the eBay case."

I contacted eBay to ask if I should do as she requested, and was told "No, the case will close automatically once the refund is made". I relayed this to the Overstock rep and she told me again that a pickup would not be made unless I closed the eBay case. In fact, she sent me this same identical message three times in a row as if to show me how annoyed she was with my original three different messages to her re: the rug. I contacted eBay and was told that Overstock was violating eBay policy, and eBay made the refund for me. Overstock seems to think that it can sell on a venue like eBay according to ITS rules. I won't use it again. I mean, God forbid that I should send their customer service rep a message, realize that I forgot to tell them something in the first one, send a second one, and get her so upset that she wants to curl up in fetal position and scream at the sky. I'd never forgive myself. :)

Original review: April 25, 2022

We ordered 2 umbrellas on 2/21/2022. We live in Ohio so it's just barely springtime here. We place one umbrella outside to see what it looked like and left it closed. Just opened it and it is severely faded. Overstock refuses to do anything about it because it past the return date. Spoke with a rep via text and she was no help. Terrible customer service and poor-quality product!

Original review: April 24, 2022

I had such a dissatisfying experience with this company that if they were to offer me any item in their inventory for free, I would not accept. If you think that is an exaggeration - think again. Not going to happen. These folks do not communicate with each other in their own company. The left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing. I placed two items in the cart on their website and selected PayPal as my payment method. I was redirected to PayPal and I accepted the terms of PayPal.

In all my decades of using PayPal, at that point I am redirected back to the merchant's site to conclude my order. Not this time, at that point the order was submitted and I only knew because I received a prompt email from Overstock thanking me for that order. However, I never submitted the order. I was never re-directed back to the merchant's site to select any type of delivery options (of which the rep informed me there were no options) or review my order or submit my order. I never clicked any Submit or Place Order button. Yet this company states the order was placed "on my behalf". By whom?? PayPal certainly doesn't do that and if anyone is going to do anything on my behalf they had better have my authorization to do so first.

The rep I spoke to could not grasp this concept. Their website is flawed. Not functional. Another rep responding to my BBB complaint stated that I agreed to their terms and conditions, return policies, cancellation policies, etc. when I submitted the order. How in an ants ** am I supposed to know I have 30 minutes to cancel an order when I never placed an order? Again, rep is not able to comprehend I never submitted or placed any order and the problem is with their website.

This company attempted to withhold shipping fees ($400+) from my refund for an order that I cancelled (that I never submitted) before processing was completed and before the items were ever in transit. A shipment had been created at the delivery company (I spoke directly to the delivery company) - but the items were never in transit at time of cancellation. I ordered a loveseat and sofa. The rep told me (on the phone when we were trying to clear up this matter) the only delivery method available for that order was outside the house.

Now, I am over sixty years old and I am not capable in any way shape or form of lugging those items into my house from my driveway even if I ate a hundred pounds of spinach. There is no way on God's green earth I would have selected a delivery to have a loveseat and sofa dropped in my driveway. That should have been her first clue something was amiss. Had I ever been redirected back to that page for delivery I would have removed the items from the cart at that point and moved on to another company that offered white glove delivery. But I was not and I did NOT submit the order.

Upon hanging up she said four hundred plus dollars would be deducted from my refund. I was going to pursue that otherwise but I immediately received two emails and two text messages from this company issuing a full refund for the order. What?? Then about a half hour later comes the answer from the BBB rep reply that I had agreed to all their policies upon placing my order and I would be charged shipping fees. Again, What?? The rep further stated that if white glove delivery is offered it would have been on the page of that item. I did not go through every item on their website to notice any different options for all their different items nor am I required to. Who's on first at this company? I assure you it is not anyone remotely competent. Still not sure as to status of refund for this order I never placed. Too many conflicting stories. And the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Overstock Company Information