2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

3.7/5 (2436 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?
Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.
Does Overstock sell fake products?
No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.
Is there an Overstock store?
Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.
Is there Overstock in Canada?
Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I ordered a dining room set (The Gray Barn) and it was delivered within two weeks. The company that delivers responded to a couple of my emails immediately, prior to delivery. The delivery men were super friendly. The dining set was well packaged, no damage and no missing parts. One of the pieces of the table has since broken, but I was able to order a replacement part online. Hopefully I receive it! Overall, positive experience.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I was overstocked for about 5 years. I put all my stuff in storage and I end up lost everything out of my storage so I had to start over with completely so I got in contact with Overstock and I bought my liberal set and my bedroom set from overstock and I am still sleeping on this furniture and when my bedroom set in my living room looks very nice. I think they give good product and they're on time and they're not extended expensive as most companies that I see like Value City and their payments are fit my budget.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2020

I really liked finding the things and started out filtered that I was looking for. It was an overwhelming. They had just enough furniture for me to browse through. I like the selection and it wasn't too much Furniture so it wasn't overwhelming for me to look and see what they have.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I ordered a bed in a box from them. It was supposed to be a Sealy. It was not. It was supposed to be firm. It is not... but I kept it anyway.. I bought it three years ago and already need a new one. I won't but from Overstock again. I will go to a furniture store that specializes in beds so I can physically see what I am getting.. Do not like the bed in a box.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I had a wonderful experience with Overstock. The store is filled with affordable and stylish furniture for your particular look you are trying to achieve. The website was easy to use and informative. I would definitely recommend this store to my friends and family.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Customer service is horrible. I returned a vanity light almost a year ago & have documents that show the return with a zero balance. It's the only purchase I made with their Comenity Bank credit card & should have a credit balance. I made a $50 payment to keep my account from being reported negatively during their investigation. My credit rating was over 750 before this, now it's fluctuating around 625. Overstock has been of no help & I've sent documentation to Comenity multiple times. It's damaging my credit score terribly. They're saying I owe almost $300 for a light that was returned that only cost about $150 originally. They're harassing me non-stop and it's super stressful. I fear I'm going to have to pay for a debt I did not incur, just to keep the situation from hurting me more. I've disputed it on all credit reports but have had no help. Would not recommend Comenity or Overstock. They're both HORRIBLE.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Overstock advertised to open credit cards with $30 promotion. I opened the card with overstock at my purchase. I was informed that I can pay the amount after the $30 promotion was deducted. Unfortunately, I found out that I still own Overstock for $30. If I do not follow up to pay it, my name will be put in the collection list for bad credit. Additionally, Overstock never takes responsibility for me. Overstock pointed me to the Comenity bank to resolve. Therefore, Overstock is irresponsible and crooked in the way they handle their business with customers.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I placed and order on Saturday afternoon and 27 minutes later asked that it be canceled. Overstock said they can not respond for 48 hours. The response was the item could not be canceled. It had taken too long and the item had shipped. REALLY??? You dishonest thieves. NEVER again will I deal with thieves like you. Kevin **.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

So, I order jewelry from Overstock.com for my wedding on September 17th. It STILL have not shipped, customer service asked me to wait 3-4 days for them to "contact the partner" (because all orders are guaranteed to ship within 1-10 business days) and now I am left with no faith or trust in their inability to handle my needs and they are telling me I do not currently have the ability to cancel my order - despite the fact they have my $$ and can not guarantee delivery within the guaranteed time frame I was given during check out! What a ** ** show. Anyone else have the displeasure of trying to obtain items you purchased from this retailer? At what point do I contact BBB, IL Consumer Protection, etc.? I am now three points of contact in with documentation and getting NOWHERE.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

I ordered matching patio furniture sets. They all arrived and the status remained "Shipping". We assembled and used everything, minus two chairs of the set that hadn't arrived. I reached out and Overstock told me that there were no chairs, and I could return one of the sets. I told them I already used half the set and asked for a 50% refund, since more than 50% of the set was missing, which would have been $300. They offered me $100 store credit and would not budge. So I returned the used set and re-ordered the set ala carte, because the chairs WERE STILL AVAILABLE. This of course cost me more money than the set, but I had no choice if I wanted it to match the other sets that I already had and used. So frustrating.

Overstock Company Information