3.8/5 (700 ratings)

About Overstock

Overstock is an online home products retailer that sells furniture, rugs, kitchen appliances and bathroom accessories. Overstock’s inventory also includes clothing, jewelry and children’s items. For an annual fee, customers may purchase a Club O membership, which includes rewards, free returns, price matching and discounts.

Pros

• Rewards program
  • 30-day money-back guarantee
  • New deals daily
  • Worldwide shipping

Cons

• Long delivery times
  • Not all items eligible for return

Bottom Line

Overstock.com offers a selection of various home furnishings, appliances and decors with multiple designs, styles and price points. The company sells liquidated items from numerous brands.

Top Overstock Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We recently purchased a bathroom sink and vanity from Overstock.com. When it arrived, I saw Fedex drop it out of their truck onto the pavement! ... Long story short, Overstock imm...

Verified

Their website is simple, easy to use and fast to load. They got good selection and good price on different home goods. Plus, they got sales all the time and have easy return polic...

What is Overstock.com?

Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells furniture, appliances, home decor, home improvement items, outdoor equipment and decor, electronics, pet supplies, apparel for adults and children, jewelry and sewing and craft items. Its inventory is liquidated merchandise from other retailers.

Many items on Overstock.com are priced lower than other online retailers. Buyers can shop by featured sales, new arrivals and clearance within each department.

Overstock prices

Because Overstock.com offers a wide selection of home goods, outdoor toys, electronics, beauty supplies and clothing, its prices vary significantly. Overstock.com has a reputation for being affordable, and it offers new deals and a loyalty program with perks to help shoppers save money. The company’s loyalty program, Club O, costs $19.95 per year.

Overstock shipping and refunds

Orders of more than $45.00 ship for free, and customers can receive a full refund on most unopened items if returned within 30 days from the delivery date. A partial refund is given for some used products. Specific items, including opened memory foam mattresses, ink cartridges and beauty products, are not eligible for return.

Club O from Overstock

Overstock.com offers a loyalty program called Club O that customers can join for $19.95 per year. Club O members receive benefits like a price-match guarantee, free shipping on all products, no-hassle returns and rewards for purchases and product reviews.

Overstock.com FAQ

Why is Overstock so cheap?

Overstock.com can sell its products at bargain prices because it sells liquidated inventory from other retailers. The company also offers daily sales and a membership program that features discounts.

Does Overstock sell fake products?

No, Overstock.com is reliable and authentic. Its products have thousands of positive consumer reviews and ratings.

Is there an Overstock store?

Currently, Overstock.com products are only available through its online store. The company does not have physical locations.

Is there Overstock in Canada?

Yes, Overstock.com offers international shipping, so Canadians can purchase and ship Overstock.com products to their homes throughout Canada.

Is Overstock legit?

Overstock.com is a legitimate and reliable website. Because of its vast selection of liquidated products, Overstock.com can be a good choice for anyone looking for a particular item from a specific major retailer. We like Overstock.com for its affordable prices, loyalty program and money-back guarantee. Some customers report the site does take a while to ship items, but if you find a product you want at a price that works for you, we recommend shopping at Overstock.com.

Overstock Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

EXCELLENT. I was nervous to order a table from Overstock because they had poor reviews. However I really liked the table. The Table is solid wood; was very easy to put together; was packed well and it shipped fast. I have no complaints; only compliments. Very satisfied.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

Had to spend a great deal of time to try and find an extra large pressure cooker/instant pot. Very difficult to find. Bought an actual instant pot, but even their largest 8 quart is way too small to cook for my needs. You can't fill more than 2/3 full. But the MEGACHEF 12 quart certainly fills the bill and seems to be the largest available on the market. Their competitor Go Wise wouldn't even bother to get back to you when making an enquiry, and their reviews showed that they were notorious for that very reason. The MEGACHEF 12 quart got decent reviews, so that's why I bought 4 of them. Go Wise you lose! This isn't the first time I've used OVERSTOCK.CA, and their promptness has been great. Overall, very pleased with both of these companies.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

We have a friend coming to stay with us for 4 days this month and was needing a bed for our bonus room. My husband and I don't have many guests so didn't want to spend a lot of money but didn't want her on an air mattress either. Found a reasonable bed design that could be expanded to sleep as a king and put back to a daybed. The product arrived within a week of purchase, emails were sent on tracking and delivery, the product was packaged well and had no blemishes or damage, all pieces were there. Overall experience was more than I expected based on poor reviews. I will order again. I don't enjoy shopping online at all but this was a good experience. Thought I would leave a good review.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I ordered some roller shades about four months ago from the website. I found using the website easy to use and follow. The shades were high quality and as advertised on Overstock. The delivery was speedy and the package was not damaged and protected the merchandise.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2021

I ordered a three piece living room set of tables and the shipping was very fast, the price was reasonable if the quality was made of wood, which I found out afterwards that is like a plastic material like. When they arrived we had to ask for help to bring the big box in. The three tables are inside one box, and very heavy. I call the customer service right away and the person I spoke to was very helpful. She requested pictures of the damaged items to be sent on the email that she had sent me. She said that I should receive the replacement tables within two business days.

For now I’m waiting for the tables and see what conditions they are in. Hopefully they’ll arrive soon before the holidays since we will have guests coming over. The tables are in the pictures are very nice. This is my second experience with Overstock.com. I will give an update as soon as my tables arrive. As soon as they send the replacements and they are not damaged or no other issues, they will get 5 stars.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

All I wanted was a payoff letter. After 4 days and 6 calls still don't have it. Every time I called I was told it would be sent to my email within 2 to 4 hours. I spoke to a supervisor and he told me I had to put it in writing and send it to them and then they would fax it to me, I was not happy about that and asked to speak to his supervisor and then I got hung up on, mind you this was after being on the phone with them for 1 hour. I called back again and got a new supervisor and he explained to me that everything I had already been told was not true, I could only get a payoff letter sent in the mail (in 7 days). Seems they cannot email it to me or even fax it because they do not have the ability. Billion dollar Overstock does not have the ability to fax or email a letter. Let that sink in!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I ordered a memory foam mattress and they shipped it late and I find the mattress is dangerous to sit on. Terrible harrowing experience, lousy customer service and escalation team who takes 7-10 business days to respond but they they will respond in 2 days.

Resolution response: Sept. 13, 2022

Edit: Refund pending in my account as of today, 13 September 2022. Still waiting for carrier to pick up range hood.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

I am completely at a loss as to why it is so difficult to process a return. My very first attempt to return this item was 20 August 2022, the day the damaged range hood arrived. It is now 7 September 2022, and I have yet to have this issue resolved after repeated attempts on my part to do so. After being an Overstock customer since at least 2011, this will be the last item I purchase from Overstock. And at this point, I am considering contacting the Better Business Bureau, the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office Consumer Protection Unit, the California Attorney General’s Office, and proceeding with a formal complaint through my attorney. I have contacted Overstock over four times now to get this range hood picked up from my house, returned, and money refunded.

As I mentioned when I contacted Overstock customer support the previous three times regarding receiving this damaged range hood: The box arrived with holes, tears, dents, etc. The range hood is dented on both the left and right sides. I offered to provide images each time. We have since purchased the exact same range hood from a local Lowe’s store, and upon unboxing that range hood, we recognized that I had, in fact, been shipped a previously returned range hood from Overstock. We know this as when we unboxed the range hood from Lowe’s, we saw all the extra packing material protecting the hood that did not exist in the box shipped from Overstock. So not only was I shipped a previously returned hood from Overstock, it was not packaged properly and arrived damaged. I have no idea at this point if it was already damaged before being shipped to me, if it was damaged during shipment to me, or both. But this is entirely unacceptable.

I have provided the photos, as requested, screenshots from my initial attempt at requesting a return, and chat sessions from my previous chats. I also have photos showing how the range hood from Lowe’s was packaged as compared to how the range hood from Overstock was packaged. Absolutely, some of the worst customer service I have received from a company.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I received an email 3 days ago saying to expect my delivery yesterday and therefore made arrangements to be available. Now not only is it not here. It’s not even in the correct country, says delivered, and very clearly, even if it is still on its way, isn’t anywhere close to me. This is completely unacceptable, why bother me saying it’s going to be here when it’s not even close? I’m not impressed and have no clarification as to what is going on as it says delivered and even offers proof of delivery. I’m absolutely canceling this order or refusing delivery if it does one day arrive. I declined an important activity to be home for this and it was a complete waste of my time. Why is a “Canadian” site shipping from the US in the first place? Extremely misleading. Never again,

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

Purchased an outdoor rug from Overstock - in less than 3 months it began to unravel and shred! Obviously defective... I called their customer service and was told after a month, there's nothing they can do. Really... Mind you this product never made it through a full season or put another way, less than 1/4 of the year. I will never purchase from this company again. Always one to have nice items for a long time due to diligent maintenance and care, I prefer to purchase from a company who will stand behind their products even if the manufacturer doesn't!!

Overstock Company Information