Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.61/5
Based on 1,647 ratings submitted in the last year

Overstock.com Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Share with 2 people, so they can share with 2 people. I ordered a headboard and frame for our king bed on Sep 26th from Overstock. They have the worst logistics team on the web. Amazon can deliver anything I want to my door within a decent timeframe with excellent tracking. And At least tell me if it's going to take longer than normal. COMMUNICATION, ENTER CORRECT INFO, UPDATED INFO. IT'S 2019 people! Drones are being used to deliver in 2019! We are not flying in cars yet, but I expect any object to be delivered in a timely manner! And websites updated, etc.. This is the world we live in.

Overstock is still catching up. They can even enter correct tracking numbers. And I mean after multiple tries, and me contacting them for information. Oh and you have "text" them for customer contact. So they changed the delivery date on me 3x now. They contracted with some useless company called XPO. When I talked to Overstock, the lady even said, "I wonder why we used them?" Gee? That's weird. Then she said, "the website clearly says, 9-15 day delivery time." So the headboard got from Illinois to Billings, MT, over 200 miles away.

Apparently this has them stumped and getting it to Butte is just too much. So my order will catch the next Wagon train, and be here on Nov 8th. Ok this did NOT ship from CHINA, it shipped from Illinois, and it took them 20 days to get it to Billings, now it will take 20 more days to get it to Butte because we are soooo remote.. Hello 2 major freeways cross here! Everyone else can deliver? I'd like to cancel my order midshipment but I know that will create a whole host of new problems. Needless to say, I won't be using Overstock again for anything. They lost my business over this. Seriously learn how to ship your products.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Do not, I repeat DO NOT get a Overstock card, not worth it! You would be wasting your money because each month they charge you 2 dollars even if your balance is 0. Also, hit you with fees left and right. Then to top it off their customer service department is a complete joke! No help whatsoever!! I made one purchase on this card, paid it off, was not aware of this fee for having your balance ZERO! So was charged multiple times for late fees, then when I paid those and told me again that my balance was ZERO!!!! And that I wouldn't be charged the monthly 2 dollars and that it was a mistake, you know what happened... THEY CHARGED ME!

So calling to get this settled, and not to mention I am a nursing student full time working 3 jobs to cover school so free time is either 5am or 12am. So with the unwelcoming service department just drilling me to make a payment of fees that once again were told were taken care of, the man on the phone said, "Well if you don't make a payment now I can't help you..."

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Overstock Store Card Shop Smart. You get up to 24 months special financing with your Overstock Store Credit Card. I called two weeks ago, because my purchase is not showing to be 24 months interest free, which is the only reason I signed up for the credit card. The person I spoke with said I would receive a response in 7-10 days. I have checked my mail and email and have heard nothing. What does it take to get someone to respond? I can send the things back, if you pay the shipping to get them back to you. Because I am frustrated with your company, and need this resolved IMMEDIATELY. 10/16/19. NOW AN INTEREST CHARGE OF $27.97 HAS BEEN ADDED 10-6-19. The man I spoke with said they'd remove all interest charges and correct the absence of the 24 month interest free promotion, that somehow did not get initiated on my statement transaction. Please help.

I ordered 3 rugs, and got the Overstock credit card, because, they offered 24 months interest free. When I got my first statement, I noticed it said nothing about the 2 year interest free promotion. I contacted them by phone, and spoke with a man who said he'd make certain they would change my account to reflect the interest free promotion, which is what lured me to get the credit card in the first place. He said I'd be receiving a letter in the mail in 10 days, reflecting the correction. Today I received the letter and they won't honor the promotion. Shipping for rugs is expensive to return them from Hawaii. It is a scam. I am reporting Overstock credit card scam, until they correct it.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I have been a good customer to Overstock for many years. I recently ordered an expensive chair from them and the listing asked you to put in your zip code for a delivery estimate which came back as 9-15 business days. It said they had 10 in stock, so all good. I had company coming and this time frame worked to get the chair before they arrive so I ordered it. They charged my credit card the next day. 7 business days go by and no word on the chair so I contact them. They tell me it's an oversized item and requires freight shipment, which of course was also mentioned on the website, fine. They said it could take 4-6 weeks! I was very upset and asked them to see where the chair was and if it could be expedited to meet their promise of 9-15 days. They can't tell me where the chair is, when it will ship, zero information. So they are sitting on my money and I have no idea if this chair even exists. I will never buy furniture from them again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

So I bought expensive rugs through Overstock. They have NOT wore well within less than a year of ownership. I called Overstock and was told I needed to deal with manufacturer because the rugs had a 1 year warranty. I was provided the phone # of manufacturer and I called them. Was advised they WOULD NOT deal with me but I had to go through Overstock. Called Overstock back and after another run around, was told it would take 1-2 business days. Got my response, “it’s outside the 30 day warranty period, sorry you could trim the carpets with a sharp item.” REALLY??? Wish I could show a picture as they are awful and WERE NOT CHEAP! I will give Wayfair my business as they know how to treat their customers!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

The price listed on Overstock was $25 more than the price listed on the manufacturer website. The manufacturer website didn’t charge taxes and Overstock did. I will never purchase on Overstock again. Overstock listed the item as being on sale when the price was more the what manufacturer had listed.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I placed 3 separate orders from them. I received my large item without a problem however I never received either of my other orders. When I contacted them they just said sorry and and submitted a credit. Needless to say I never got the product which was sent to California and not New Jersey. I don't know where they got my address from not even close. The second item same thing shipped to wrong address. This was over a week ago and still no credit or return call. This company is HORRIBLE. They don't really care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

It's nice to deal with honest caring people. Real people not robots. This is by far the best outlet online. They are with you from start to finish. Excellent products and total satisfaction. Problems are resolved hassle free. Did I mention friendly. They actually call you on the phone to verify your satisfaction or any concerns. Folks-- these are the people you want to deal with.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I have ordered quite a lot from Overstock and had only 1 bad experience. When I contacted customer service the item that had been lost after shipping was sent via express service. I have ordered both large and small ticket items and love this site.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I am not going to lie upon ordering from Overstock.com. For my first time I was very apprehensive. I spent about a week looking at reviews online and trying to find all of the information I could about this company as I had never order from it and I had previously used Wayfair although I took the plunge. I ordered a $200 carpet from Overstock and it came within, I’d like to say five days, and I have been extremely happy with the way it turned out. The quality of it, the texture, overall. Everything about the rug is beyond my expectations. I’m a verified seller and I highly recommend Overstock.

Overstock.com Company Information