Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.58/5
Based on 1,427 ratings submitted in the last year

999 Overstock.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 22, 2019

I placed an order on Overstock.com for 3 separate items. One was a down pillow a set of 4 for almost $100. Upon receiving the item I noticed the bad smell and that the pillows were not filled completely so as soon as you laid on it it went completely flat. I called the company to issue a return because the item for the cost was misleading and not well made. They told me I can send it back but charged me over $15 to ship it back to them even though the item was unusable.

The other item took over 3 weeks to arrive and I ended up sending that back too because it was way past the delivery promise date and I was lied to multiple times by their reps on the status. I am currently in the process of filing a complaint on this company with the BBB. For the multiple issues. Its the principle of them standing by what they sell if they choose to sell sub par items for an exuberant amount that their not worth, and to stop using the bad shipping company that multiple customers have complained about because of the amount of time it takes to get their items and how bad the site is of showing up to date shipping statuses. I will NEVER buy from Overstock again. Worse experience of my life.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Ordered an entertainment center. Been looking for a certain one. Finally found it. It arrived on time, and we did not assemble it until a couple weeks later as we had a broken foot happen. Started assembling and realized it was not what I wanted. Went online and could not find the one I ordered but this one had the number I ordered. I’m positive they switched on me as this one was marked with a 25% off making it the same price as the one I ordered. Got it all put together except drawers and discovered parts were missing. Called and was told that they would look around the warehouse and see if they could find the parts and if/when they did they would ship them to us. How much you anyone want to bet I never see my drawers. First and last time I buy from this company.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered a blanket on 7/4. Tracking, when I could get it to work, said it was shipped on 7/5. Almost 2 weeks later, I am still waiting. Overstock is aware of the awful shipping record their shipper has. But, knowing this, they still use it. They would rather lose customers than use a more reliable company. Then, instead of Overstock helping me, they just referred me to that shipper who does not help. If anyone buys from Overstock, they take the same chance of not getting their delivery. Even a good buy isn't good if you never get your purchase.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased an office suite from Overstock and never received an order confirmation. I later see the item I purchased was out of stock. I called customer service who re assured me my order did go through and was being processed. The next day upon checking my bank online I see the refund from Overstock for the office suite. When I called the customer service rep told me there was inventory error and the office suite was out of stock. I was completely disappointed in the lack of communication and the fact they can't keep proper inventory. Will not be shopping here again.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I ordered two comforters on June 28th. They were supposed to be delivered on the 6th of July, which is quite a long delivery time to begin with. On the 6th I checked to see if they were out for delivery but the delivery date had been changed to the 8th. I chatted online with customer service and they were all apologetic but didn’t do anything about it. Just assured me they were sorry and the items would be delivered today. Today customer service tells me to give them one more day. This order was for an Airbnb I own and the order is critical. I have to go out today and spend more money on a comforter because Overstock couldn’t be bothered to call the carrier and ensure my order was delivered today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Overstock.com?

Original review: July 2, 2019

I placed an order and a few days later I place 2 more and didn't realize they steal your money and don't send the products, I have requested a refund and I keep getting the run around. I will be filing a claim. This company steals your money. I wish someone will shut them down after all the same reviews.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I recently made a large purchase via Overstock.com. This was my first "big ticket" experience with them, having only ever used them once before for a small gift. I ordered a full King bed set including mattress, box spring, headboard/foot-board with railing, sheet set and mattress cover. First of all, a few days after I placed my order, a customer service agent contacted me to verify my billing address (we moved to last fall) and I confirmed that address I had on the order was correct. Several days after that, I received two communications that one of my orders had just been delivered TO THE OLD ADDRESS! I did make sure my new address was on the order when I did it on my phone, but somehow, it defaulted to our old address evidently.

I immediately picked up the phone to call and let them know that it was the wrong address and there was a second item scheduled to be delivered later that day, so I wanted to avoid that as well. They seemed very confused, trying to find fault in my ordering process rather than being interested in catching the shipments and re-routing to the correct address, and I started receiving email and text dings telling me my items were delivered TO THE WRONG ADDRESS! I reached out to them in every feasible manner to make sure they corrected this and was told, after hearing different stories from three different agents, that this person was going to take care of it and follow up with me personally - I never heard back from her. I continued to check my shipment schedules (because, of course all five items had to ship/arrive separately), and no changes were made to my delivery address.

I continued to call and try to follow up and eventually, items were re-routed to me and my shipping address. I'll save the painstaking details of the relentless constant attempts by me to make sure there were no more mishaps, but again, every time I called customer service or texted them, I seemed to get someone who tried to give me a 'pat' answer and I had to ask them to please read the account notes before responding. Weeks went by and I wasn't getting updates, so eventually someone named "Stefanie" started responding via email to try to give me some kind of update - but they could not provide information on the bed furniture as it was a large item (obviously being shipped from China or another country).

I tried to contact the shipper and for weeks, got an information unavailable page - until finally I read that it was supposed to arrive at the local port (about an hour from us) and then I'd heard from someone to get delivery scheduled - needless to say, I did not hear anything. I continued to contact the shipper, who eventually ended with Schneider Trucking, and as of a few days ago, I got my furniture. I ordered these items at the end of May and it took a month to get all five items. I have no problem with the actual items, for the most part, but I will never, EVER use Overstock.com again under any circumstances. Their customer service was far lacking in their ability to appropriately handle this situation and then the shipping companies that they used were inept as well.

I know a lot of people swear by and have had good experiences with Overstock.com and to that I can only say, you were/are lucky. I hope no one ever has to experience what I went through when placing an order. I learned several things during this experience and will probably think very hard before making a large purchase such as this online. I thought I would take advantage of some Memorial day sales, little did I know it was not worth the frustration.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I ordered eight chairs that were advertised as "Material: Leather, Metal, Upholstered" and they were not leather. I confirmed that by looking at the manufacturer's site, which clearly stated "faux leather." I contacted Overstock customer service and they gave me a lecture about different types of "leather" (yes really) and then charged $179 to return what was falsely advertised. I will never order from Overstock.com again.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I ordered an office chair for $100 on Overstock.com. It came with a significant rip in the fabric that makes the chair unusable. Customer service is telling me that it cannot be returned. I am deeply dissatisfied with this experience!

Original review: June 27, 2019

I realized immediately on my Overstock online order for a rug that cost over $1000 that I did not select the no interest option. I originally selected it and then it reverted to a high interest plan when a coupon code I entered was denied. I was told by an Overstock.com rep this happens often. I contacted both Overstock who told me once that the account will be changed to the no interest within a few days and that they would handle it with Comenity Bank. I was told in a follow up that no they won’t be doing anything and that I have to contact Comenity.

Comenity says no and I will just be billed high interest since the wrong button was set when the coupon was denied, even though I had selected it and notified them repeatedly. Immediately and then continued the effort. This is truly an unfair practice to the consumer. It’s misleading and deceptive. I ended up having to pay for my entire purchase in one month because I was kept in the dark. Because I threw a fit and kept pushing I got an email after the fact that I in fact could revert to the zero interest. What a headache and terrible position to put a customer in for a simple click of a wrong button.

Overstock.com Company Information