Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.49/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

198 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've called for confirmation of order. Said they would send email. No email anything but they sure took my money. No product still. No confirmation except from Amazon Pay. Ordered on 7th. It's now the 16th. I've still got no confirmation. Should've read reviews. My car still is on blocks.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Bought part # 39841030 catalytic converter for 2008 Chevy Avalanche/Tahoe/Yukon. Does not work with vehicle. Please do not buy this or any other parts. They will not refund your money. It is cheapest because they are selling you something that won't work. This advice is free but worth more than anything on their site.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Selected my make, model, and year, part they sent doesn't fit and the holes are not even close. Shipping and handling was almost as much as the parts themselves. Find somewhere else to buy parts from!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I ordered a small part for $27 and change. The Cost of Shipping changed to over $41??? I should have read the reviews... I gave a rating of 1 star because there is not a lower rating. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM CARPARTS.COM!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I really disliked the service I received from this company. I ordered a bumper cover and headlight set through this site. I got a call the next day saying they didn't have a driver's side headlight in stock. Being that was the most important item I need, I asked to cancel the whole purchase. I looked around their site some more and found that they individually sell driver's side headlights and their listing said they had 16 in stock. I decided to purchase this along with a bumper cover. I got a refund a couple days later for $43 and I didn't understand what it was for as the full purchase came to about $115. I contacted the company through the chat option and never got a response as to why I was being refunded $43.

I sat messaging this person for over an hour. All I found out was that my first order was not fully canceled. I asked to cancel the first order again and was told I was not allowed to do that as they had already designated a sticker to my purchase. They also said that it had not been shipped out yet. Which means they put a sticker on the box and refused to take it off. I asked about returning the items and they replied saying I will have to pay for return shipping (about $50). This upset me because I was told my order was canceled. I was then being shipped two bumper covers, no driver's side headlights, and a passenger side headlight. I spent 3 hours talking to another person about canceling the order. It wasn't until I threatened to contact my bank for fraudulent charges that they finally agreed to give me my money back.

I am very irritated by this company. I was never contacted about the second order about the headlight either so I didn't know that was not coming until after fighting with people for 4 hours. I don't recommend buying from here. I haven't even received anything yet. It was supposed to show up last weekend and I made plans to fix my car on Saturday. Now I have to wait to use my car which I was depending on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I ordered 3 parts on 2-8. I received a shipping notice yesterday. This morning I got an email that they had to refund for one of my parts as it isn't in stock. They did not refund the shipping for the part. I called and after arguing with Shawn and him lying to me saying I already got my refund for shipping. I finally read line for line the email sent and no shipping was refunded. He said he would submit the refund for the shipping after 25 minutes explaining re-explaining and telling at him as he spoke over me. I will not be doing business with this company again and do not recommend anyone else use them either.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

This is a scam website. They will take your order charge you put any old part in box ship to you. When you call not right part they say, "We'll go pay to return." Ask about sending right part, "No we dont have that." So BEWARE. You will be out money for part and most times shipping will be half the cost of part so do you take chance on dropping more money to see if you get refund or lick your wounds and eat the part they have sent.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Ok I really should have read the reviews before ordering from them. They was about 25 dollars cheaper than RockAuto so I ordered the parts I needed from them because 25 bucks is a lot to save but I didn't save with them because they charged me the full amount day of purchase then they turned around and charge me for individual parts the day after which resulted in a insufficient fund charge of 29.99 from the bank. And they say they're not covering it after they charged me twice for the parts that I have already paid for. Do not ever order from this site. They're scam artist and they will get you for your money. The only reason they have one star is because Google will not let me do no stars.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This place really scammed me out of my last 300$ for my car. When I ordered my headlight, I was told I will have my headlight within 3-5 days. It has been long over that. When I ask for a refund, they say the item is on its way and I can't get a refund until I receive the item. Then I called FEDEX to track my package, and they don't even have it yet. My car is stuck in the shop, I can’t afford to buy another headlight right now. This place is really a scam, they don’t have anyone in the United States you can talk to, only people in Philippines. Making this review to warn you about this scamming website.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a catalytic converter from them. 3 weeks to deliver. Part lasted 2 days. Came back up with PO420 on my Trailblazer, they denied my claim. I'm now in the process of suing them. Don't buy anything from this place they are crooked scammers.

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs