3.9/5 (352 ratings)

About Carparts.com

Carparts.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

Hi everyone, I would just like to tell you how well that I was treated at Carparts.com. I am almost 64 years old and most of my friends are restoring hotrods and old classic cars. Then there is me. I got real sick at 51 years old and had to retire. So my project is a 2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ. What a project right! Well my project is also my plow truck that I have to let my friend plow with because I have MD and I am unable to do it. I have never once charged anyone for plowing!! I came by Carparts.com by a friend who has a hot rod and said that I should try them. At first I did not listen and ordered one elsewhere. WHAT a mistake. They told me that I would have it in 2 weeks. It never came so I found a number and called them and was told to cancel my order and find one elsewhere. They could not get one.

So I called Carparts.com, spoke to a really nice person, ordered one and had it in 4 days!! That is service, when I ordered the windshield frame I told them that the first price that I had received was about $35 cheaper than theirs on sale. But the salesman said, "We can't have that" and took off another 10% so his price was better. Well you would think that all would be good now, however when it arrived it had a very small dent in the top of the frame. I was running on a tight time line and I called them and they gave me more options than I could believe!! I went with the cash discount that will cover the repair!!

I have never ever heard of a company this large that first discounted the part so much, delivered it a day before they had told me and took care of matching another company's price and last but not least gave me so many options to handle the small dent and I mean they were willing to do whatever I wanted. I am so happy my friend told me about Carparts.com because if you ever owned an old Jeep you know they are MONEY PITS!! But Carparts.com has and will continue to allow me to keep my Jeep running. Thanks, and I look forward to continue to do business. Tom

Hi Thomas,

We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to share your feedback with CarParts.com. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience – it means the world to our entire team!

Thank you for doing business with us.

All the best,
Brooke B.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: May 28, 2022

Ordered a regulator with motor for my truck driver side electric windows. When selecting my part, I was asked for my VIN, it was revealed that I have a VIN for a Lariat crew cab and not an XLT Supercrew. This is probably what has caused a previous issue I had ordering a part from another website. Louise caught that and verified my need. I bought the vehicle brand new from the dealer, so I have no idea what caused that issue. I will definitely return to Carparts.com for future needs thanks to Louise's expertise and attention to detail.

Hi Derek,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are gratified to hear that you were satisfied with our service. That we were able to provide you with an excellent experience, we strive to provide all our customers. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thank you.

Carparts.com

Get buying tips about Auto Parts and Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I ordered a Radiator for my car. It was a simple process in which I was able to purchase it through linking to my Google, Facebook account, or create an account. I entered my vehicle information into their site to ensure I got the right part. When it arrived via FedEx I noticed the package was opened. Upon inspection, I noticed a slight dent. I hopped on the site and struck up a chat with Jake C. From Customer Service. I explained everything to him, and offered to send a picture which he appreciatively helped me do.

Upon his review he asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I let him know I didn't think it was that bad, but wanted to seek his council before I installed it just in case. He assured me it would be no problem if I proceed and end up needing to return it. He was very respectful, thoughtful, and professional. I was honored, and proud to do business with any company who hires good people like him! That is all I have at this time. Thank you, Randy H

Hi Randy,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of service we are providing to our customers.Providing a great customer service experience is our priority. We thank you for allowing us to resolve the issues you encountered. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thanks,
    Emmy C.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I have to give the customer service at Carparts.com a 10/10 **********. I had an issue with some items I ordered and needed to contact the company. Looking for an email address on their website I saw I could use the "chat" feature to contact them. Delightfully so! A young man named Jake helped me address my issue. He was very nice and within minutes he had addressed my issue and resolved it immediately. It was a very pleasant experience and given the fact that customer service has gone down the tubes recently, I was elated. I will be doing my business with carparts.com regularly now. For both my personal and professional needs. Thank you again Jake!!!! You were great!!!

Hi Amber,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are gratified to hear that you were satisfied with our customer service. That we were able to provide you with an excellent experience, we strive to provide all our customers. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thank you.

Carparts.com

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

This was my first purchase with Carparts.com. I needed a R side mirror for a Ford Escape. They had what I thought I needed, but after checking I didn't need the whole thing. I cancelled 1 of the 2 items on the order 3 hours after placing it. My credit card was adjusted for the change. I got the 1 item no problem. I even got text messages on the status of my shipping. Two weeks later I get an email that my order is on the way. I was very confused since I already got it. I checked my credit card & here's another charge for the item I cancelled.

I went to the Carparts.com chat & started explaining the issue. After chatting with 2 different people, I was on the right track of how to proceed. I was told upon receiving package, send back with the shipping label they provided me & my card would be refunded. The package had rips in the cardboard especially where it said Fragile. The item was damaged. I wanted to let them know before I sent back. I chatted with Jake about my new issue & he was so helpful! I finally had relief about my refund, what to do with the package and was totally satisfied with my business with Carparts.com

Hi Jessica,

Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we thank you for working with us to resolve the problems you experienced.

Hearing that you were provided with a good service with us is the best thing we could hope for! Thank you for choosing CarParts.com. We look forward to doing more business with you in the future!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

I had four or five items in the cart, great prices I thought, but then when I went to check out, the shipping charges doubled what I would have to pay!! Fly by night first class scammers... Everything in the cart could have gone into a large envelope and mailed for a couple bucks. Who buys from these people?

Hi BadFrad,

Thank you for your feedback.

Shipping fees will vary depending on the size of the package and the delivery location. But we hear you, and we would appreciate the chance to earn your business. Please feel free to send us an email or reply to our message so we can help you find what you need at a reasonable price. We look forward to hearing from you.

CarParts.com

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

My son had purchased a hood for my vehicle since he got in a small fender bender. So far we have received 3 hoods from Carparts.com. Each time they have been damaged during shipping. Now we are told by carparts.com that the fourth hood will be the last one shipped. The way the hood is packed and shipped is beyond belief. I was told that on the third hood that it would be shipped with additional packing, not so! Yes carparts.com has filed 3 claims with the shipping company to no cost to my son. You would think between the two entities, they would have a plan in place to mitigate this. Once is understandable, 3 times not acceptable!

Hi Kim,

We thank you for bringing this to our attention! We have already made some improvements in terms of packaging quality before the part ships out, but it looks like we still have a room for improvement. We will definitely relay your feedback to our Shipping Department so they can check and investigate further, as well as improve where it's needed.

Please feel free to reply back to our message so we can assist you further.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I placed an order for my Car Headlights where they were supposed to be in stock. They Charged me and add me a tracking number that never ends up being shipped. First, they say they were sending a replacement after being unable to track the order. Then offered a refund, but nothing happened. They don't like to work on refunds as they are charging quickly to your card. Two weeks after talking on the phone with them and no single email has been sent confirming our refund for something that never was sent. I am contacting my Bank and reporting them at this point.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for this inconvenience. We would like to properly address you concern. Please give us the order number so we can assist you further.

Rest assured that we will prioritize your concern as soon as we get the information.

Regards,

Josely M.

Resolution response: Oct. 11, 2022

Star rating updated. Thank you for the excellent customer service and quickly responding to the message. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I placed an order for my 2019 Kia Optima. Front Engine Splash Shield. After three days I received a refund. No calls or emails. Just a refund. When I communicate with customer service, they tell me that they do not send this type of parts to Puerto Rico (USA). On the website it clearly asks for the address and the zip code. By putting the address the shipping increased, I placed the order but they did not want to send me the piece. That is not stipulated on the website and they say that they deliver to different parts of the world.

Hi Edgardo,

Thank you for updating the star rating on your review. We are gratified to hear that you were satisfied with service. That we were able to provide you with an excellent experience, we strive to provide all our customers. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

All the best,

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I ordered a set of 4 struts and front sway bar links. I received the Front Struts and Rear were to ship separate. The sway bar links were supposed to be part of the 1st delivery. Only received the boxes for the front struts. I reached out to the Chat Customer Service team and had to wait about 10 minutes until they responded. I requested they overnight me the missing parts.

Per John ** this is his message. "We will have this investigated with the warehouse team which may take 2-3 business days to complete. If found it was an error with the warehouse, we can request for a replacement order to be shipped overnight. Let me know if you'd like us to proceed with the replacement request or you would rather get a refund instead." I told him I don't have the time to wait as I have a mechanic friend that is going to install them for me. He then put me on hold for another 5 minutes plus and completed the return. Not much customer service. Never using them again. Will go back to ** or local store.

Hi Victor,

We are sorry that your experience didn't quite match your expectations. We always strive to provide good customer experience and we regret that we missed the mark.

We would also like to get more details about your feedback and work with you in resolving the issue. Please provide us your order number so we can check your order and get back to you regarding your concern.

We apologize again for the inconvenience, and we look forward for your response.

Bryle M.

Carparts.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

Carparts.com Company Information