4.0/5 (725 ratings)
Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Carparts.com

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Carparts.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: March 23, 2022

I ordered a Radiator for my car. It was a simple process in which I was able to purchase it through linking to my Google, Facebook account, or create an account. I entered my vehicle information into their site to ensure I got the right part. When it arrived via FedEx I noticed the package was opened. Upon inspection, I noticed a slight dent. I hopped on the site and struck up a chat with Jake C. From Customer Service. I explained everything to him, and offered to send a picture which he appreciatively helped me do.

Upon his review he asked if I wanted a replacement or a refund. I let him know I didn't think it was that bad, but wanted to seek his council before I installed it just in case. He assured me it would be no problem if I proceed and end up needing to return it. He was very respectful, thoughtful, and professional. I was honored, and proud to do business with any company who hires good people like him! That is all I have at this time. Thank you, Randy H

Hi Randy,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of service we are providing to our customers.Providing a great customer service experience is our priority. We thank you for allowing us to resolve the issues you encountered. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thanks,
Emmy C.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

I needed a part for my car and got online to search for it. I came across CarParts.com. They seemed to have the part I needed. I knew nothing about this online vendor so I cautiously ordered the part using PayPal. I waited two weeks and didn't see the part. I thought it might be a scam until I realized I never pressed "ORDER". Duh! Once I did, the part came in a few days and I received constant tracking reassurance from them that it was on its way until it arrived at my doorstep.

Today I opened the box and realized I'd ordered a part that wasn't exactly what I needed. I went to Carparts.com and used their chat feature to get the part exchanged with a correct one. I chatted with Louise **. He processed my return and then helped me get the correct part. He was efficient, professional, knowledgeable and made a potential nightmare return into a dream. He couldn't have done a better job or made my life any easier. I've been in customer service all my life and Louise is definitely one of the best I've ever met. This is the way customer service is supposed to work!

Hi Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is wonderful to hear that we were able to provide you with the excellent experience we strive to provide all our customers. We hope to be doing business with you again soon.

Rosalie R.

Customer Advocate Team

Get buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I have to give the customer service at Carparts.com a 10/10 **********. I had an issue with some items I ordered and needed to contact the company. Looking for an email address on their website I saw I could use the "chat" feature to contact them. Delightfully so! A young man named Jake helped me address my issue. He was very nice and within minutes he had addressed my issue and resolved it immediately. It was a very pleasant experience and given the fact that customer service has gone down the tubes recently, I was elated. I will be doing my business with carparts.com regularly now. For both my personal and professional needs. Thank you again Jake!!!! You were great!!!

Hi Amber,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are gratified to hear that you were satisfied with our customer service. That we were able to provide you with an excellent experience, we strive to provide all our customers. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Anthony C.

Carparts.com

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

This was my first purchase with Carparts.com. I needed a R side mirror for a Ford Escape. They had what I thought I needed, but after checking I didn't need the whole thing. I cancelled 1 of the 2 items on the order 3 hours after placing it. My credit card was adjusted for the change. I got the 1 item no problem. I even got text messages on the status of my shipping. Two weeks later I get an email that my order is on the way. I was very confused since I already got it. I checked my credit card & here's another charge for the item I cancelled.

I went to the Carparts.com chat & started explaining the issue. After chatting with 2 different people, I was on the right track of how to proceed. I was told upon receiving package, send back with the shipping label they provided me & my card would be refunded. The package had rips in the cardboard especially where it said Fragile. The item was damaged. I wanted to let them know before I sent back. I chatted with Jake about my new issue & he was so helpful! I finally had relief about my refund, what to do with the package and was totally satisfied with my business with Carparts.com

Hi Jessica,

Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we thank you for working with us to resolve the problems you experienced.

Hearing that you were provided with a good service with us is the best thing we could hope for! Thank you for choosing CarParts.com. We look forward to doing more business with you in the future!

Renabesh M.

CarParts.com

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I had a issue with my parts way back in February. I've put off writing a review. I've gotten a dozen emails from them to review just because I'm constantly buying parts from them. They're super cheap and arrive to my house in perfectly packed boxes. Never a issue with parts being damaged. I had a fitment issue with a part but managed to make it work with a bit glue to attach. The mold on the part was incorrect. They ended up refunding me and let me keep the part. Over 6 months later, they talked to me thru email and it was very quick responses I will always buy parts from Carparts. I replaced my entire front end on my car converted to a bumper that the U.S. didn't get only Germany, so I new there were gonna be hiccups along the way that I was comfortable facing. Everything worked out tho.

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an inspiring rating. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with the quality of our services that we provide to our customers and we thank you for giving us the opportunity to better served you. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Thanks,
    Emmy C.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: May 12, 2022

Got my driveshaft and direct perfect fit, only issue was it didn't ship from their facility till the day AFTER I was supposed to already have it. They did compensate on shipping though so I can deal with that and was a better price than anywhere else.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about the delivery of your recent order. We sincerely apologize for the delay and inconvenience.

We are glad that you have been assisted well with your concern about the delay on the delivery.

Please let us know if there’s anything else, we might assist you with.

Resolution response: May 2, 2022

Carparts got back to me very quickly about the issues that I had, so hopefully it will be fully resolved in a couple weeks! Thank you very much.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Awful awful awful! I ordered a part 2 months ago, it got lost in the mail and then was out of stock. I chatted with representatives 4 or 5 times and each time they told me it would be back in stock in 2 more weeks. I checked back every 2 weeks and they then would tell me again - another 2 weeks. Finally it was back in stock this past Thursday and I purchased it AGAIN. I just received an email that I’m being refunded because it is out of stock. I chatted again with a representative who didn’t care and couldn’t do anything for me but tell me “it will be back in stock in 2 weeks.” What a rollercoaster and an awful/unorganized website. You would think I’d have some sort of priority too being as it was lost the first time.

Hi Payton,

Thank you for sharing this review about the availability of the Mirror.

We apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience. Based on our records, the part is currently out of stock and estimated availability is on the 16th of May. The normal time frame for replenishment is 3-4 weeks. Rest assured that we will be checking our records as to why you were informed that the part will become available after 2 weeks.

Shebet C.

Customer Advocate Team

Original review: April 30, 2022

Well I’ve returned a part that I’ve order from Carparts.com because it was the wrong size for my vehicle. And I’ve talked to customer service and they did their job right away. And I’m getting my refund back.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us an exceptional rating. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with the services we provided. That we were able to provide you with an excellent experience, we strive to provide all our customers. We're looking forward to doing more business with you in the future.

Sherryl P.

Resolution response: May 6, 2022

Thanks to Phillip and his higher up team members for standing behind what was a bad situation. Phillip took the time, listened and help get it resolved from start to finish. Once contacted he had great communication and did what he said he was going to. Thank you!

Original review: April 27, 2022

In January I ordered this part, arrived later than stated by shipping dates, took part and vehicle to local shop 1/25/2022 shop installs part, in April 15 2022 shop does routine oil change and rear brakes... The wife leaves, drives to work. Next morning part fails, dumps all oil from motor.. tow it back to shop and part has literally blew out at seams round circle... Refuse to cover labor for a part less than 90 days old but will refund... Any other reputable business would cover 1/2 if not all replacement labor incurred for a defective part so now we're out the price of part from dealership, and the rework of original job to the tune of 650 bucks and that doesn't Include first job. When you call their customer warranty center is not willing to help! Poor service.

Hi Brian,

Thank you for working with us to resolve the difficult situation you experienced. Providing a great customer experience is very important to us, and we apologize that your initial experience did not meet that standard. We appreciate the chance to work with you in resolving the situation. If you have time, please feel free to let us and everyone know about your most recent experience with us. Thank you again for your feedback!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 26, 2022

First go, they sent the wrong part, not even the correct color. I call to get an exchange, the customer service rep hangs up on me after 30 mins of hold. I write an email, they respond 2 days later, I use the chat option and they issued an exchange. What shows up 4 days later? THE WRONG PART AGAIN!!. I ask for a refund, and they "forgot" to refund the $58 I paid in tax. Another go with the chat agent and they "issued a refund for approval". TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO ANOTHER COMPANY.

Hi Chris,

We appreciate that you let us know about your experience and gave us the chance to resolve your concern. Rest assured that we will review the things you mentioned, and we will address them with the intended party accordingly.

I notice that we processed your sales tax refund; I've already forwarded your review to our warehouse. I'll provide you with an update soon as I hear back from them.

Carparts.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

Carparts.com Company Information