1.49/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

191 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Ok I really should have read the reviews before ordering from them. They was about 25 dollars cheaper than RockAuto so I ordered the parts I needed from them because 25 bucks is a lot to save but I didn't save with them because they charged me the full amount day of purchase then they turned around and charge me for individual parts the day after which resulted in a insufficient fund charge of 29.99 from the bank. And they say they're not covering it after they charged me twice for the parts that I have already paid for. Do not ever order from this site. They're scam artist and they will get you for your money. The only reason they have one star is because Google will not let me do no stars.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This place really scammed me out of my last 300$ for my car. When I ordered my headlight, I was told I will have my headlight within 3-5 days. It has been long over that. When I ask for a refund, they say the item is on its way and I can't get a refund until I receive the item. Then I called FEDEX to track my package, and they don't even have it yet. My car is stuck in the shop, I can’t afford to buy another headlight right now. This place is really a scam, they don’t have anyone in the United States you can talk to, only people in Philippines. Making this review to warn you about this scamming website.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I bought a catalytic converter from them. 3 weeks to deliver. Part lasted 2 days. Came back up with PO420 on my Trailblazer, they denied my claim. I'm now in the process of suing them. Don't buy anything from this place they are crooked scammers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Ordered chrome door mirrors for 86-93 Mazda B Series. I am familiar with the brand of the product I ordered so I already know what I will be receiving. The problem is that from the day after my order was received, to the day that I will actually receive the item, will be 15 days. (I'm still waiting for my delivery) That is ridiculous for any package that ships from within the U.S... I have literally received orders from HK, China faster using regular mail. I used CP.com because their price was slightly less than Amazon. After reading most of the reviews on here, I'm worried that my package will be damaged once I receive it.

Every company that I order from that uses FEDEX seems to have these problems. I gotta wonder what the reviews would be like if CP.com decided to go with UPS rather than FEDEX. Especially when most of their bad reviews are about receiving damaged items. I will pay a bit more money the next time and stick with Amazon because it's not worth the wait to potentially receive a damaged item. That is regrettable because I had already bookmarked several more items to order from CP.com, pending the overall experience with my initial order. I hope, in the future, people will read these reviews prior to using CP.com. I know I wish I had.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I bought a speed sensor from Carparts.com. They sent me the wrong one. I ordered another and requested an RGA for the first one. They sent me the correct one on the second try but never gave me an RGA for the first one. I made three attempts to get an RGA. This company sucks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Ordered parts. Took a month to arrive damaged. Huge dent in the center of the hood. The shipping company tried to argue saying that they weren't the ones that damaged it and tried to refuse taking it back. Company refused to respond to any emails after discovering. They decided to pocket my shipping and handling. Would not work with me over the phone. Employees argued with me for an hour on the phone before finally doing the bare minimum and refunding shipping and handling.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

They double charged me. Said they didn't that it was a bank issue. The bank said it was a double charge that I have to come in to file papers because they refused to give me my money back. I've talked to six different people with no help from anyone.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered control arms for my Toyota Camry, because the price was 1/2 price of even discounted Napa parts. I was suspicious of this price from the start, but I thought, "Who knows... let me try and see", but the parts were visibly of inferior quality, and the rubber grommets were so thin and deformed that they came apart just from touching while my original Toyota parts were 16-years-old and still in a pretty good shape. I never installed their parts. I called them, and they tried to tell me that I had to pay for return shipping, but they "made an exception" and waived it, yet I first received refund less shipping, and I had to call again to ask and explain that I never used their parts.

They agreed and gave me a "full refund" which was still 8 % less than the full price I paid. I gave them 2 stars instead of 1, because they still "made an exception" and gave me a "full refund" (which was almost full). In the rear view, perhaps, it was my fault that I considered this online site because of a very low price over a reputable Napa or other physical stores where I could see and inspect the parts (and return them if defective), and I ALMOST risked my and my family lives by ALMOST installing these cheap defective but very important parts on my car. Be careful with this place.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I bought an oil pump timing chain kit. Well the oil pump didn't last a month and a half and the shaft broke causing engine failure while on our way to the grocery store. I'm a mechanic for the city of Charleston, I tore the motor apart after was towed home and what I found was exactly what I thought cause it was running fine till out of nowhere oil pressure dropped to nothing, seized the engine. They won't respond to my emails and now since I emailed them you can't find that kit on their site. Isn't that strange? Stay the heck away from these hacks.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We ordered a car part new and it got severely damaged during shipping. They waited two full days to tell us our product was smashed by a forklift. They told us after we called and asked why it was two weeks late. By then they had it "repaired" and re-boxed to continue to ship to us. We paid for a NEW part, not one that was SMASHED. We requested it be returned and replaced with another new one, but they still gave us the one that was smashed. We've called Countless Times to have the problem resolved and so far NONE of their customer service representatives have followed through with any of their promises. We are extremely frustrated and really needed that part. We will never use this site again and wouldn't recommend it to our worst enemies. If there was an option for 0 stars, they'd definitely have it from us.

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs