1.65/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

175 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I purchased the wrong part. The company won't release their return address so that I can return the part. CarParts.com stole my money. I don't appreciate it and I don't recommend this establishment to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Ordered a right side mirror for 1987 S10 Blazer and it was at my door within 48 hours. Opened to find it damaged. Called customer service who was very apologetic and had a replacement at my door within 60 hours. Awesome experience with this transaction even though first shipment was damaged!

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I saw carparts.com had 1 day shipping so I ordered my part and paid 25% shipping AND HANDLING! When I received an email 2 days later it said it was ready for pickup and estimated delivery was over a week later! I am driving to a nearby auto store to purchase the part today and not pay 25% shipping and handling. On the email it gave a customer service number to call. When I called all I got was a recording customer service is not available at this time! Not acceptable! Stay away from this company!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Ordered a window regulator for 2004 Honda Pilot. Not at all an uncommon car in the U.S. Anyway, order was processed just fine or so it seemed. I found it odd that I haven't received a shipping email after 5 days. I called and found out that my part would take an additional week to get. No notification was sent to me about this issue and whether or not I wanted to cancel the order because of it. I asked to cancel the order but the Customer Service rep said she couldn't do it because the part was "being shipped." This is the second time Carparts screwed up my order and for the same car.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Don't buy anything from this site. They shipped me a defective part then wanted me to pay to return ship it. Customer no service is not help either. Talked to two different people. One I could not understand and the other keep stating everything was explained by the first person.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Ordered a replacement mirror. Crappy quality part arrived and didn't fit my car. Reached out to complain. They said I had to pay for shipping because I have a hatchback, not a 4-door. I pointed out there was only one Nissan Leaf S shape that year, and it's 4-door hatchback. They said they couldn't refund because ABC, then XYZ, then after an hour and a half and two reps they agreed to send me a shipping label the next day, which of course hasn't arrived. Contesting through PayPal now.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We own 4 trucks and 2 Suv's. We order all our parts from this site and have never had any problem with delivery or the time frame given to receive. We absolutely love it and have recommended it to everyone. I just received parts yesterday for my Yukon and have put it on and it works great. We have ordered everything from bug visors to wheel hub assemblies. Awesome job, keep up the good work and we will continue to recommend you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered a splash guard for my car taking the time to make sure it was the right part. I received the wrong part. I called and got a return authorization. The part was around $30 and delivery was just under $15. If I had known then I had to pay for return I never would have ordered. The return price (cheapest possible) was over $80. Never again will I deal with this company, most companies have a no charge return policy. I guess it's a good way for you to keep something you dont need.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bumper Grill - Ordered two car parts and only received one. I called to let them know, they were not willing to send me the item I NEVER received unless I paid full price AGAIN for it. Long story short - I bought an item twice. Not good customer service. Not only did I buy the part again for full price, I paid for shipping AGAIN! Think before buying here.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We ordered a motor through carguts.com using CarParts.com on June 28th. To shorten this story we told them on July 20th to send our money back. We were told every 2 days that the motor had shipped, even blaming the trucking company. Finally, called on the 17th to be told it was still on the loading dock, will be here Friday the 20th. After calling the trucking company we were told they didn’t have a delivery for us. We have never had such horrible customer service in the 17 years we have been in business. It makes Car-parts look as bad as carguts. The carguts also has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau, wish we would have known that back in June!

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs