1.55/5
Based on 35 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Last updated: April 19, 2018

157 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered a part on March 28, 2018, delivery was promised for April 04, 2018. On April 04, 2018 no part was delivered. On April 5, 2018 I contacted Carparts.com that by not delivering on the promised date, they were in default of the contract terms, and I no longer wanted the part. The part came to my home on April 6, 2018 and was returned. Carparts.com refunded the cost of the part but not freight and handling charge. What a ** bunch of crooks. For the price that you asked and I paid, there were some conditions that you had to meet. The moment that you can't comply with your promised the contract is voided. What a waste of my time to deal with these crooks, and don't want to hear why it is not working. Would carparts.com would like to hear why I can't pay the agreed upon price? Get real. Either deliver what was agreed upon at the onset or just understand that you are "a day late and a dollar short".

Too bad Amazon is out there. No wonder people so much is being purchase from Amazon. Carparts.com awake the ** up and and understand that there is a new way of dealing with online customers, in the respect I think Carparts.com is clueless. At the end, the time I wasted certainly is not worth the possible initial savings that could have happened. What a miserable experience. I had to call PayPal, ( which wasn't of much help, despite I'm being a member since 2001) and then call my credit card to reverse the PayPal charge. Still the mess hasn't ended. Deal with scum and that is what one gets, lots of aggravation. I need remember just one thing, NEVER deal with carparts.com again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered a front bumper cover for a 2017 Jeep Wrangler. Very good price. Ordered the part Tuesday after work. I called to see if the part was correct from the Google search. Guy I talked to went over the dif options I have on the Jeep. Finalized the order. Then I checked the reviews. Uhhh ohhh. Lot of bad reviews. Well today is Friday. I got the part. It WAS the exact right part. Box was a little banged up from shipping. But the bumper cover inside was wrapped and good. Came way before the date said. And I’m on the East Coast. Can’t really complain. Product for the price and the time it got here I was totally shocked. After a lot of the reviews I was set I would be disappointed someway. But, I guess I was lucky.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 5, 2018

I ordered a set of headlights for my Durango. Was very excited to get new headlights. After I installed them, I tried to adjust the lights. Did work well. So when I had my oil changed on 4/3, I ask the shop to adjust my headlights. They told me they could NOT adjust them because the adjusters just kept turning and turning. I called Carparts right away and spent 33 minutes on the phone trying to do a replacement order. Way too long on the phone. I will see if the adjusters on the new headlight assemblies work before I install them. I have a feeling, that I will be on the phone once again for over 30 minutes to return the replacement. I will save my money and spend $200 plus to buy new headlight assys.

On 4/1, I had to order a hood latch for our Ram truck. Everything says direct replacement and the part number seemed to match with the Mopar parts. We received the part yesterday and it is not a direct fit. Again, I am on the phone for well over 30 minutes. I had to argue with them to refund all my shipping charges as well. Now, I have to go to the dealership to get the hood latch. We have been down a vehicle for 5 days now. I am very dissatisfied with this company as well as there customer service department, you can hardly understand anyone who answers the phone and it should NOT take over 30 minutes to fix an order. I guess that is what I get for ordering much cheaper parts.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered an door actuator for my Volkswagen. According to the picture it was the right part. But when it actually shipped to me it was the wrong part. So according to them my return claim should be a breeze. But no I have to pay an $8.05 for an shipment label making it seems as if I chose the wrong part that it was my fault when it wasn't. Customer service act as if they didn't understand what I was saying.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Never ever in the rest of my lifetime will I nor recommend this company. I am a neighboring state and going to take 8 days to get here. Was not informed of their policy and when I called they put me on hold and just ignored my call. Never do business with these people. Go to RockAuto... I expected my stuff today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased a Catalytic Converter and it was DEFECTIVE Catalytic Converter and when I contacted the 877# I was advised it was an easy smooth HASSLE free process; they advised me to take several images of the vehicle to show it was installed and a diagnosis from the mechanic determining it was DEFECTIVE and they would gladly replace or refund the funds. After getting this information I then submitted it via EMAIL only to have to wait 2 days then someone emailing me advising me they wanted more information? I then went back to repair shop, got more information, submitted additional information and the same thing-- they started delaying things and making things really difficult. After 2 estimates - 2 diagnosis and then a written letterhead from the repairman.

They have been playing games with me on $302.97 for over a month or 2 now. Can't really remember exact time frame -- however now that I have made such a fuss they stated that I was approved to return the DEFECTIVE Item; have one of their mechanics look it over (um not happening. It would cost me over $150 to return this part) only to have one of their mechanics look at it? No I have the necessary proof to be refunded! Now the next step is that they have approved the REFUND or replacement if I get another one from them (which will never happen) I will have to pay an additional $ 9.73?? Why is this? Or they have approved a refund upon receipt of the return part???

So they want me to pay out of my pocket $ 150+ to send this part back to them when it clearly was stated at the initial call the images and the diagnosis was requested to avoid any shipping and handling hassle fees. Now all of a sudden (because I made a lot of noise) they are now saying this!! They are not a HASSLE FREE COMPANY; THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR WARRANTY; If they do they make it impossible for you and have no respect for the customer.

A part that costed me $302.97 now has left me paying out of pocket (per their demand almost $ 549.00 and this does NOT include the cost of the part) so to think I am actually going to pay to reship it back to them and they know it’s impossible. The part doesn't even fit in my car all the way… I struggled to get it in there when I went to repair shop. They are rip offs and I will make certain everyone knows it! THIS COMPANY DOES NOT EVEN DESERVE 1 STAR BUT TO PLACE REVIEW YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE AT LEAST ONE.

Resolution response: March 27, 2018

I have to say that companies may indeed read and pay attention to this site! I received an email a few days after I posted my original review (complaint) and was informed via email that my "missing part" was to be shipped out with no cost to me. I received the part in the mail today. While I am happy this issue was resolved, my feelings and ratings of this company aren't changing. It should have never happened in the first place. I was treated unfairly (my opinion) and I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered 2 O2 sensor gaskets (my application requires 2) and when I received my shipment, 1 of the gaskets was missing. The parts bag was there but was empty. No loose gasket in the manila envelope they were shipped in. Bottom line I received 1 gasket, not 2. Spoke with customer service 4 times via phone and email - basically they insisted they shipped the gasket and just about accused me of trying to scam them - for a $5 part!! Come on. It's a good thing I didn't spend any real money with Carparts.com - I will never do business with them again and plan on contacting Norton and filing a complaint. This is by far one of the worst experiences I have had with online purchases. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I've ordered twice from them. First a fuel pressure regulator which came in a reasonable time considering it was around Christmas and New Year. Installed the part and it worked perfectly fine and still does. I just ordered a map sensor. Took a while for it to get here this time and it arrived and I put the sensor on to find out it was defective. Call customer service (I was a bit irritated thinking I was gonna have to pay shipping fees to get a replacement) but as soon as they answered they were polite. Gave them the order number. Told them I put the part in and it made my truck go into reduced engine mode and they told me they would be sending me another one that there was no need to send the defective one back so I didn't have the hassle of shipping.

I would say if you need a part right away this might not be the place for you to go and in all reality can't blame them for the shipment time. That's the carrier's job. But in all I've had a great experience with them and hopefully the replacement works this time around. I saved $60+ on my fuel pressure regulator and $60+ on my map sensor compared to the auto part stores.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Complete struts, spark plugs, front brakes, cv joint axle, all went bad on me 6 months one less. Called customer service, they wanted me to send the parts back and send me more parts. I just wanted my money back. By the time I pay to the labor again and shipping, it wasn't worth it. All they would say is that I'm sorry. I asked them to take me off their mailing list. They are very deceptive. Took me a while to save money to have the work done and get the parts. I tell everyone including my mechanic and anyone in the car repair business not to purchase anything at Carparts.

It is a rip off and they lie and say these are top quality parts. These are the most inferior parts that I've ever put on any car that I had in decades. Highly disappointed! I'm still spreading the word. I also bought an both O2 sensors. So far in the last 1-3 months that's holding up. But I ordered that before I found out that all other parts went bad. Never again. In fact because of Carparts, I dont do shopping online at all. Whoever reads this, beware!!! Dont be another victim at Carparts.com. By the way, they also sent me a complete wrong part even when I spoke to them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I attempted to order a front grille for my Eclipse and when I got to the end of it order they had already charged my credit card. They called me back and told me they couldn't send it to me because they could not verify my address when I've lived there for 7 years. Never again will I deal with this company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I ordered a parts for the wiper linkage, and to find out it would not work with my car. I called 15 minutes after I placed the order and asked that the order be canceled and not to charge my charge card, yet they went ahead and shipped it and charged my card anyway. They told me that I could not get a refund and that I would have to pay for shipping back!!! THEY SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

When told I received wrong part they tried to blame me. Then when they finally said they will send FedEx shipping paperwork to cover return they kept saying the email is coming. That was about two weeks ago. They said it over and over. I've called several times and nothing. So I'm stuck with something I don't need.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered a driveshaft for my Jeep, the first time I was shipped the wrong part and had to pay for return shipping. The second part was received. I paid the shop to install the part which broke the day after getting it out the shop. Thinking it was a manufacturing defect, I got a replacement part. Paid to have my vehicle towed and repaired again. I have driven the truck one day since it came out the shop and the driveshaft has broken again. I'm so upset because now I have to pay to have it towed and repaired again. I'm currently talking to them and ask for a supervisor, and they are saying none are available. I will be contacting an attorney. A 395.00 job has now become a 1200.00 job with shipping, labor, and towing fees. They need to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

No confirmation email and I called and was suppose to get a callback and no return call. They sure took the money but my transaction is lost and never got submitted. And sad thing is... I went and had 190 dollars uploaded on a reloadable card, placed the order and threw the card out because there was some odd change left on it. Well they say there is absolutely nothing they can do. I didn't get a tracking number or anything. So they're saying my money is lost, and there is nothing they can possibly do. So that's 190 dollars down the drain!!! I wouldn't recommend using carparts.com.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order with CarParts.com on Saturday and provided them with my shipping address and billing address. On Sunday I received a voicemail stating that there was an issue with my order and that my order was placed on a hold. I was informed to contact customer service today, however I wasn't given a phone number. Not an issue, I was able to locate one.

Today I called and the automated system is very unprofessional, it repeats a message over and over about receiving a call back instead of waiting on hold, convenient yes, however please don't repeat the message over and over. I opted to have an automatic call back, when the representative called me back she asked for me by name. However never identified the company name, she proceeded to look up my "order" and stated my billing address didn't match my credit card.

I know for a fact 100% that I entered the correct information, the representative continued to ask for my billing address, I felt as if this was a scam and that somehow this person has my credit card information but was missing my billing address and this was an attempt to obtain it. When I confronted the representative she became very defensive and insisted this was a legitimate company and when I asked for her name she refused. I wouldn't recommend this company, either it's a scam or it has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM CARPARTS.COM OR DISCOUNTBODYPARTS.COM! These two companies are the same. They have two different websites that both show the same incorrect information. They advertise items in stock, charge you for them and then send you part of an order with no notification. You then have to wait days for them to arrange a return. You also don't have to order multiple items for them to only send you a partial order and think that's ok. I ordered a set of lifters from Carparts.com, one part number, and they sent me half the lifters. The package has now been sitting for three days since they arranged the return and it has yet to be picked up.

I reordered from Discountbodyparts.com, because they showed the part in stock as well, and the same thing happened. Ordered one part number, they sent me half the lifters. I paid for overnight shipping on both orders as well. With the first order, I even spoke to a sales rep and ordered them over the phone because I wanted to make sure they were the right part and that they had them and could get them to me within two days. They have no one that works in America with the company so you can imagine the competency of their customer service department. So I now have two half sets of lifters and they have about $400 of my money that they won't refund because they haven't gotten their half order back, because THEY haven't had them picked up yet.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Last year, I purchased a fuel pump for my 05 Dodge Neon from this website. The fuel pump came with a one year warranty, but didn't even last 6 months!! It broke into pieces so I requested a replacement, because I thought maybe the person who placed the fuel pump in my car didn't know what he was doing. I was wrong, because now the replacement is broken. Once again, it didn't even last a year! I called to get a refund & was informed that my warranty expired in July, from the first pump that I didn't even have anymore! They had the nerve to offer me a rebate on a new part, instead of returning my money. What a joke! Don't waste your time on Fake parts.com, they will just take your money & send a defective part. Save your money and get your parts from a legitimate business.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

As others have complained about Carparts.com sent the wrong part and admitted it to me but I still had to pay for shipping. The box it came in had a return address so I made a copy of the invoice and noted return and they wanted me to put some RMA number in it. Did not get refund and will have to dispute it with my credit card company. Carparts.com should be investigated. There are other places to shop and I will do so.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've done ordered 4 things so far and all came fast. I done got one part back for replacement. It took 1-2 business days and good customer service. I would highly recommend shopping for good prices for parts. I know I will be shopping there again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Don't use this company! Ordered parts. Had money pulled from account on day 1 then took 72 hours get email showing my order. Never got a tracking number. Had to call customer service to get said info plus the web address for looking up the tracking info. They have to tell you the address. Not email you a link. Took 3 days to track down parts. When parts arrived 1 was missing, 2 were damaged. So then after playing phone tag which was 3 times being hung up on and 4 people who don't speak English as their first language.

Had to explain that damage was done prior to packaging and that one wasn't even wrapped. Plus the invoice showed 2 hoods and only 1 was in the box. Here's the kicker. I was asked how much to repair the damaged hood. If I wanted to repair a hood would I've ordered a new hood? I was told they would reship everything and it would take 2 to 3 weeks again. Nothing to help with their mess up and wanting me to be patient when I was told delivery would be 3 days ago and now have to cancel car from getting painted. So now it's hurry up and wait again. Highly recommend using someone else! Be warned. Getting your money back is damn near impossible. So if round 2 doesn't work then I'll be getting a refund.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I ordered a front drivers side fender for a 2000 Nissan Frontier but received a fender for a Nissan Pathfinder. Not the same. When I called they said I ordered the wrong part but I know I didn't. Paid $66.19. I had to pay shipping back to them when it wasn't my fault. After all was said and done I got $7.35 refund. What a joke. For that I would have just used it for target practice. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL ALSO BE RIPPED OFF...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Do not ever order from Carparts.com. They misplaced my order and offered me a $25 discount on a order totaling over $500. Which they sent all the parts except one which they said I received it. Now I have to rent a car until my other part comes in. The customer service rep at first refused to let me speak with a supervisor. After I informed them of the inconvenience and me now having to rent a car until I receive the rest of my order they offered $25 towards car rental. A bunch of crap. I ordered parts to fix my car so I wouldnt have to rent a car. I live pay check to pay check. I can't afford this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I ordered a washer fluid reservoir along with a pump for my Tacoma. The website indicated that it would take 2-4 days to process the order. That was 6 days ago and it still has not been shipped. I paid for FEDEX shipping only to discover they decided they could make more money by shipping it via the postal service. The postal service has size restrictions for rural delivery and will not send it to my house, so my only option is to go to the nearest hub and pick it up myself. The problem is that the nearest hub is in Greensboro, NC. I called the customer service line and demanded a refund and was told that refunds will take nearly a month to process. Slimy little **. I hope they rot in Hell.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Don't let these reviews scare you if you already bought a part. My experience with Carparts.com was near perfect, but like many people viewing this, I checked the site reviews after buying the part. I thought I was scammed for sure, but I waited to see how the order went. I bought BMW brake discs and pads, and they said it would be delivered in 3-5 business days. Sure enough on the 5th business day, my brake discs came and it was NOT the wrong part like many have experienced. If you haven't bought a part from them yet, I'd go to a website with better reviews. BUT if you already ordered a part, just wait it out and see!

Original review: July 8, 2017

I ordered a mass air flow sensor before reading all the terrible reviews. So I waited until the next day to cancel my order. When I called, the guy that answered was respectful and he understood why I wanted to cancel the order. My debit card was reimbursed a few minutes later. I'll just go to an auto parts store. It might be a little more expensive but at least I know I will get the right part I need.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I ordered a wheel hub assembly yesterday. I even called them a half hour later to confirm the order and the customer service representative said I was all set and would receive an email with a tracking number. I wake up this morning and no email. I called and was told the part was on hold. They send me over to their "specialist" and he say my order was red flagged because my addresses didn't match. He wanted me to check bank statements and other banking information that didn't have anything to do with this order. Such crap. They take your money and don't deliver. Now it's going to take weeks just to get my money back.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Do Not order here. Remember (Bernie Madoff)? They do the same thing. I was told it would be shipped same day, that morphed into 3 days until possible shipping which does not help you if you have a deadline. Once they get your money, they make excuses why it's not refunded - Until you basically tell them "The jig is up". Wait until it goes from pending to cleared, then file a dispute with your bank, you will be without your money for a week is the bottom line if you place an order here.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I got a good price for a set of spark plugs and they were shipped within a few days of ordering. My shipment got lost for a few days after it was on the way to my house but no deduction for this. I have no complaints for this vendor.

Original review: May 23, 2017

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! Do not trust them to do business. They appear to be super security conscious when a customer is using a credit card and shipping to an address other than billing address. Meanwhile instead of alerting the customer of the concern, they charge the credit card and never send the part. I sent an e-mail and never received a reply. When you call to inquire about your shipment, they send you over to some overseas operator who attempts to interrogate you regarding shipping to an address other than billing. HELLO THIS IS AMERICA and it is not uncommon to ship to an address other than billing. And if this is such an issue why charge the credit card FIRST and then have the customer in suspense as to the arrival date of their merchandise! I have no problem with credit card security. However I do have an issue with POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: May 19, 2017

On November 12, 2016 I purchased a steering rack from Carparts.com for my 1992 Mazda Miata for $322.95. Upon returning my original part (which had been on the car for 24 years), I would be reimbursed $120.00 which I did. The steering rack (which came with a three-year guarantee for the part only) was put on my vehicle by a certified Mazda technician at the local Mazda dealership on 11/18/2016. A wheel alignment was also required after the rack was put on, for a total labor cost of $566.89 THE LEFT SEAL ON THE STEERING RACK BEGAN TO LEAK AFTER ONLY BEING ON THE VEHICLE FOR 3 MONTHS... I contacted Carparts.com and was told that another part would be sent as long as I returned the defective part. THEY WANTED ME TO PAY TO SHIP THEIR DEFECTIVE PART BACK TO THEM. After two phone calls, they agreed to pay for shipping their defective part back to them (cost to them $16.00).

The replacement part for their defective part was put on my vehicle on March 23, 2017; again by my local Mazda dealership at a reduced cost of $256.52 because the dealership sympathized with my plight of being given a defective part by Carparts.com. They waived the wheel alignment as well. Kudos to them. The reason I am writing this review today is because THE SECOND PART WHICH HAS BEEN SENT TO ME BY CARPARTS.COM (which replaced their first defective part) IS NOW LEAKING IN THE RIGHT SEAL, LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER BEING IN SERVICE ON MY VEHICLE!

In other words, the reconditioned parts they are selling are junk. They are not reconditioned properly and are obviously not tested before they are sold. I now will purchase a steering rack from another supplier and pay once again to have it installed on my vehicle. I would not even take the chance of putting another replacement part from carparts.com on my vehicle, even though the part would be covered under their bogus warranty.

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs