1.60/5
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for auto and truck accessories?

169 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We own 4 trucks and 2 Suv's. We order all our parts from this site and have never had any problem with delivery or the time frame given to receive. We absolutely love it and have recommended it to everyone. I just received parts yesterday for my Yukon and have put it on and it works great. We have ordered everything from bug visors to wheel hub assemblies. Awesome job, keep up the good work and we will continue to recommend you.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I ordered a splash guard for my car taking the time to make sure it was the right part. I received the wrong part. I called and got a return authorization. The part was around $30 and delivery was just under $15. If I had known then I had to pay for return I never would have ordered. The return price (cheapest possible) was over $80. Never again will I deal with this company, most companies have a no charge return policy. I guess it's a good way for you to keep something you dont need.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Bumper Grill - Ordered two car parts and only received one. I called to let them know, they were not willing to send me the item I NEVER received unless I paid full price AGAIN for it. Long story short - I bought an item twice. Not good customer service. Not only did I buy the part again for full price, I paid for shipping AGAIN! Think before buying here.

Original review: July 25, 2018

We ordered a motor through carguts.com using CarParts.com on June 28th. To shorten this story we told them on July 20th to send our money back. We were told every 2 days that the motor had shipped, even blaming the trucking company. Finally, called on the 17th to be told it was still on the loading dock, will be here Friday the 20th. After calling the trucking company we were told they didn’t have a delivery for us. We have never had such horrible customer service in the 17 years we have been in business. It makes Car-parts look as bad as carguts. The carguts also has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau, wish we would have known that back in June!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I purchased an ac condenser and it was in immaculate condition when I received it so I thought I'd shell out a little more money and spend on another parts I needed. First off, their catalog is atrocious, several car companies share the same parts with other car companies. They're identical. It was difficult finding a fender. They stated they didn't have for my car, but the other triplets of my car did. Not only that, they stated the fender was limited to a certain year when in fact, it's been one fender design since the BRZ, FRS, and 86 were released to date. Once I found the parts I wanted: a fender and radiator support, I decided to take the chance and put my trust into them putting aside the ocean of bad reviews. I really shouldn't have, I received my radiator support damaged and in the condition the box was delivered in, I really shouldn't have been surprised. It looked like the box was launched and wrestled with. It even had mold or something wet on it.

It was a shame I couldn't cancel my order beforehand, I tried, because I shortly found a website with a better catalog, but they didn't allow it. Although my order still was in their possession, it had been processed already. So I settled with returning it once I got it knowing I would have to pay for shipping. That turned out to be a complete mess as well, I paid them the $40 they requested to have it shipped from VA to CA, but somehow the same company they used: FedEx, and ground no less, requested that I pay close to $600 to ship it back. I paid $470 for my order. $40 of that for shipping, $600 to ship back is insane. It's beyond me why they don't include a prepaid shipping label when they just carelessly throw and shove things into a box without a bubble wrap or anything to secure and protect our items. Take your business somewhere else, their prices aren't worth the gamble.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: July 9, 2018

Attempted to place an order for my vehicle, a bumper cover replacement and some headlights. About $150 plus another $50 in shipping and handling. I've never had an issue with making an online purchase, ever. Even expensive ones, in the thousands of dollars. Carparts.com called me and asked me absurd verification questions about my addresses, my vehicle, and the name of the owner of the address I listed. They told me one of my answers was wrong and that they would have to take extra time to verify my information, which was unacceptable.

They told me that I could cancel the order and try again with PayPal, so I cancelled, only to log back onto the website to find the part I ordered had increased in price by $16 and the shipping and handling had skyrocketed from about $50 to $200. Their customer service was completely unsatisfactory, and refused to honor the pricing at which I originally made the purchase. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this company, there are much better ways to get parts for your car.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I ordered a part for overnight delivery. FedEx show the part delivered and left at the door. No package at the front door. I called Carparts.com and found out they have FedEx show a packages delivered when no delivery took place. One lies and the other swears to it.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Twice I ordered a part from Carparts.com and when purchasing the parts I selected overnight shipping because my car was dead without it. Everything goes through fine until you get the confirmation email saying it's being sent ground. I even called first thing next morning and they claimed to correct the mistake but it still took a week. Bottom line... If you need a part quickly, go somewhere else.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I ordered my part that I really needed from them because the site said it would be here by Saturday. A week and a half later they refund me my money and say it's because the part was unavailable. So my truck has been parked everywhere with thousands of dollars of equipment unlocked. Thanks a lot Carparts.com.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I wish I could give them NO STAR. I can see why these people get bad reviews. I called to asked for a part. The rep told me “we don’t carry those parts” and hung up. That was the quickest conversation I’ve ever had with any business. This nut job did not offer any other solution and has no skills at being proactive. What a slob!

Original review: May 8, 2018

A few months back, I ordered a grill for my Ford Escape and I was pleasantly surprised at how fast it showed up, and the quality for the price! Then a couple months later, a deer decides to run in my drivers side while I’m driving. Sat on google for forever to find the best deal to replace the window. Carparts.com blew me away with their price. I thought it was too good to be true and thought for sure somehow, just knowing my luck, that the windows were going to arrive broken. Nope! Mint condition and I received it crazy fast once again. Super grateful for these guys! Will be using them again.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I bought a set of wheel bearings for my spare vehicle. They seemed OK, so I bought another set for my other truck. What a mistake! A few HUNDRED miles later, my spare vehicle won't pass inspection because one wheel bearing is shot and needs replacement. I contact CarParts.com about the 1 year warranty. Not only did they expect me to pay for the shipping of the refunded part, but they also expected me to spend more money to ship their crappy part back to them! I got the impression that their customer service dept is very accustomed to unhappy customers. I finally got satisfaction, if you consider more of their garbage parts satisfaction. Heed my warning!! Steer clear!! I can only hope this review saves someone else from the misery I suffered trying to save a few bucks.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I ordered a part on March 28, 2018, delivery was promised for April 04, 2018. On April 04, 2018 no part was delivered. On April 5, 2018 I contacted Carparts.com that by not delivering on the promised date, they were in default of the contract terms, and I no longer wanted the part. The part came to my home on April 6, 2018 and was returned. Carparts.com refunded the cost of the part but not freight and handling charge. What a ** bunch of crooks. For the price that you asked and I paid, there were some conditions that you had to meet. The moment that you can't comply with your promised the contract is voided. What a waste of my time to deal with these crooks, and don't want to hear why it is not working. Would carparts.com would like to hear why I can't pay the agreed upon price? Get real. Either deliver what was agreed upon at the onset or just understand that you are "a day late and a dollar short".

Too bad Amazon is out there. No wonder people so much is being purchase from Amazon. Carparts.com awake the ** up and and understand that there is a new way of dealing with online customers, in the respect I think Carparts.com is clueless. At the end, the time I wasted certainly is not worth the possible initial savings that could have happened. What a miserable experience. I had to call PayPal, ( which wasn't of much help, despite I'm being a member since 2001) and then call my credit card to reverse the PayPal charge. Still the mess hasn't ended. Deal with scum and that is what one gets, lots of aggravation. I need remember just one thing, NEVER deal with carparts.com again.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I ordered a front bumper cover for a 2017 Jeep Wrangler. Very good price. Ordered the part Tuesday after work. I called to see if the part was correct from the Google search. Guy I talked to went over the dif options I have on the Jeep. Finalized the order. Then I checked the reviews. Uhhh ohhh. Lot of bad reviews. Well today is Friday. I got the part. It WAS the exact right part. Box was a little banged up from shipping. But the bumper cover inside was wrapped and good. Came way before the date said. And I’m on the East Coast. Can’t really complain. Product for the price and the time it got here I was totally shocked. After a lot of the reviews I was set I would be disappointed someway. But, I guess I was lucky.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I ordered a set of headlights for my Durango. Was very excited to get new headlights. After I installed them, I tried to adjust the lights. Did work well. So when I had my oil changed on 4/3, I ask the shop to adjust my headlights. They told me they could NOT adjust them because the adjusters just kept turning and turning. I called Carparts right away and spent 33 minutes on the phone trying to do a replacement order. Way too long on the phone. I will see if the adjusters on the new headlight assemblies work before I install them. I have a feeling, that I will be on the phone once again for over 30 minutes to return the replacement. I will save my money and spend $200 plus to buy new headlight assys.

On 4/1, I had to order a hood latch for our Ram truck. Everything says direct replacement and the part number seemed to match with the Mopar parts. We received the part yesterday and it is not a direct fit. Again, I am on the phone for well over 30 minutes. I had to argue with them to refund all my shipping charges as well. Now, I have to go to the dealership to get the hood latch. We have been down a vehicle for 5 days now. I am very dissatisfied with this company as well as there customer service department, you can hardly understand anyone who answers the phone and it should NOT take over 30 minutes to fix an order. I guess that is what I get for ordering much cheaper parts.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I ordered an door actuator for my Volkswagen. According to the picture it was the right part. But when it actually shipped to me it was the wrong part. So according to them my return claim should be a breeze. But no I have to pay an $8.05 for an shipment label making it seems as if I chose the wrong part that it was my fault when it wasn't. Customer service act as if they didn't understand what I was saying.

Original review: April 3, 2018

Never ever in the rest of my lifetime will I nor recommend this company. I am a neighboring state and going to take 8 days to get here. Was not informed of their policy and when I called they put me on hold and just ignored my call. Never do business with these people. Go to RockAuto... I expected my stuff today.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I purchased a Catalytic Converter and it was DEFECTIVE Catalytic Converter and when I contacted the 877# I was advised it was an easy smooth HASSLE free process; they advised me to take several images of the vehicle to show it was installed and a diagnosis from the mechanic determining it was DEFECTIVE and they would gladly replace or refund the funds. After getting this information I then submitted it via EMAIL only to have to wait 2 days then someone emailing me advising me they wanted more information? I then went back to repair shop, got more information, submitted additional information and the same thing-- they started delaying things and making things really difficult. After 2 estimates - 2 diagnosis and then a written letterhead from the repairman.

They have been playing games with me on $302.97 for over a month or 2 now. Can't really remember exact time frame -- however now that I have made such a fuss they stated that I was approved to return the DEFECTIVE Item; have one of their mechanics look it over (um not happening. It would cost me over $150 to return this part) only to have one of their mechanics look at it? No I have the necessary proof to be refunded! Now the next step is that they have approved the REFUND or replacement if I get another one from them (which will never happen) I will have to pay an additional $ 9.73?? Why is this? Or they have approved a refund upon receipt of the return part???

So they want me to pay out of my pocket $ 150+ to send this part back to them when it clearly was stated at the initial call the images and the diagnosis was requested to avoid any shipping and handling hassle fees. Now all of a sudden (because I made a lot of noise) they are now saying this!! They are not a HASSLE FREE COMPANY; THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR WARRANTY; If they do they make it impossible for you and have no respect for the customer.

A part that costed me $302.97 now has left me paying out of pocket (per their demand almost $ 549.00 and this does NOT include the cost of the part) so to think I am actually going to pay to reship it back to them and they know it’s impossible. The part doesn't even fit in my car all the way… I struggled to get it in there when I went to repair shop. They are rip offs and I will make certain everyone knows it! THIS COMPANY DOES NOT EVEN DESERVE 1 STAR BUT TO PLACE REVIEW YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE AT LEAST ONE.

Resolution response: March 27, 2018

I have to say that companies may indeed read and pay attention to this site! I received an email a few days after I posted my original review (complaint) and was informed via email that my "missing part" was to be shipped out with no cost to me. I received the part in the mail today. While I am happy this issue was resolved, my feelings and ratings of this company aren't changing. It should have never happened in the first place. I was treated unfairly (my opinion) and I won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I ordered 2 O2 sensor gaskets (my application requires 2) and when I received my shipment, 1 of the gaskets was missing. The parts bag was there but was empty. No loose gasket in the manila envelope they were shipped in. Bottom line I received 1 gasket, not 2. Spoke with customer service 4 times via phone and email - basically they insisted they shipped the gasket and just about accused me of trying to scam them - for a $5 part!! Come on. It's a good thing I didn't spend any real money with Carparts.com - I will never do business with them again and plan on contacting Norton and filing a complaint. This is by far one of the worst experiences I have had with online purchases. Do yourself a favor and go elsewhere!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I've ordered twice from them. First a fuel pressure regulator which came in a reasonable time considering it was around Christmas and New Year. Installed the part and it worked perfectly fine and still does. I just ordered a map sensor. Took a while for it to get here this time and it arrived and I put the sensor on to find out it was defective. Call customer service (I was a bit irritated thinking I was gonna have to pay shipping fees to get a replacement) but as soon as they answered they were polite. Gave them the order number. Told them I put the part in and it made my truck go into reduced engine mode and they told me they would be sending me another one that there was no need to send the defective one back so I didn't have the hassle of shipping.

I would say if you need a part right away this might not be the place for you to go and in all reality can't blame them for the shipment time. That's the carrier's job. But in all I've had a great experience with them and hopefully the replacement works this time around. I saved $60+ on my fuel pressure regulator and $60+ on my map sensor compared to the auto part stores.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Complete struts, spark plugs, front brakes, cv joint axle, all went bad on me 6 months one less. Called customer service, they wanted me to send the parts back and send me more parts. I just wanted my money back. By the time I pay to the labor again and shipping, it wasn't worth it. All they would say is that I'm sorry. I asked them to take me off their mailing list. They are very deceptive. Took me a while to save money to have the work done and get the parts. I tell everyone including my mechanic and anyone in the car repair business not to purchase anything at Carparts.

It is a rip off and they lie and say these are top quality parts. These are the most inferior parts that I've ever put on any car that I had in decades. Highly disappointed! I'm still spreading the word. I also bought an both O2 sensors. So far in the last 1-3 months that's holding up. But I ordered that before I found out that all other parts went bad. Never again. In fact because of Carparts, I dont do shopping online at all. Whoever reads this, beware!!! Dont be another victim at Carparts.com. By the way, they also sent me a complete wrong part even when I spoke to them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I attempted to order a front grille for my Eclipse and when I got to the end of it order they had already charged my credit card. They called me back and told me they couldn't send it to me because they could not verify my address when I've lived there for 7 years. Never again will I deal with this company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I ordered a parts for the wiper linkage, and to find out it would not work with my car. I called 15 minutes after I placed the order and asked that the order be canceled and not to charge my charge card, yet they went ahead and shipped it and charged my card anyway. They told me that I could not get a refund and that I would have to pay for shipping back!!! THEY SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO!!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

When told I received wrong part they tried to blame me. Then when they finally said they will send FedEx shipping paperwork to cover return they kept saying the email is coming. That was about two weeks ago. They said it over and over. I've called several times and nothing. So I'm stuck with something I don't need.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered a driveshaft for my Jeep, the first time I was shipped the wrong part and had to pay for return shipping. The second part was received. I paid the shop to install the part which broke the day after getting it out the shop. Thinking it was a manufacturing defect, I got a replacement part. Paid to have my vehicle towed and repaired again. I have driven the truck one day since it came out the shop and the driveshaft has broken again. I'm so upset because now I have to pay to have it towed and repaired again. I'm currently talking to them and ask for a supervisor, and they are saying none are available. I will be contacting an attorney. A 395.00 job has now become a 1200.00 job with shipping, labor, and towing fees. They need to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

No confirmation email and I called and was suppose to get a callback and no return call. They sure took the money but my transaction is lost and never got submitted. And sad thing is... I went and had 190 dollars uploaded on a reloadable card, placed the order and threw the card out because there was some odd change left on it. Well they say there is absolutely nothing they can do. I didn't get a tracking number or anything. So they're saying my money is lost, and there is nothing they can possibly do. So that's 190 dollars down the drain!!! I wouldn't recommend using carparts.com.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order with CarParts.com on Saturday and provided them with my shipping address and billing address. On Sunday I received a voicemail stating that there was an issue with my order and that my order was placed on a hold. I was informed to contact customer service today, however I wasn't given a phone number. Not an issue, I was able to locate one.

Today I called and the automated system is very unprofessional, it repeats a message over and over about receiving a call back instead of waiting on hold, convenient yes, however please don't repeat the message over and over. I opted to have an automatic call back, when the representative called me back she asked for me by name. However never identified the company name, she proceeded to look up my "order" and stated my billing address didn't match my credit card.

I know for a fact 100% that I entered the correct information, the representative continued to ask for my billing address, I felt as if this was a scam and that somehow this person has my credit card information but was missing my billing address and this was an attempt to obtain it. When I confronted the representative she became very defensive and insisted this was a legitimate company and when I asked for her name she refused. I wouldn't recommend this company, either it's a scam or it has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM CARPARTS.COM OR DISCOUNTBODYPARTS.COM! These two companies are the same. They have two different websites that both show the same incorrect information. They advertise items in stock, charge you for them and then send you part of an order with no notification. You then have to wait days for them to arrange a return. You also don't have to order multiple items for them to only send you a partial order and think that's ok. I ordered a set of lifters from Carparts.com, one part number, and they sent me half the lifters. The package has now been sitting for three days since they arranged the return and it has yet to be picked up.

I reordered from Discountbodyparts.com, because they showed the part in stock as well, and the same thing happened. Ordered one part number, they sent me half the lifters. I paid for overnight shipping on both orders as well. With the first order, I even spoke to a sales rep and ordered them over the phone because I wanted to make sure they were the right part and that they had them and could get them to me within two days. They have no one that works in America with the company so you can imagine the competency of their customer service department. So I now have two half sets of lifters and they have about $400 of my money that they won't refund because they haven't gotten their half order back, because THEY haven't had them picked up yet.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Last year, I purchased a fuel pump for my 05 Dodge Neon from this website. The fuel pump came with a one year warranty, but didn't even last 6 months!! It broke into pieces so I requested a replacement, because I thought maybe the person who placed the fuel pump in my car didn't know what he was doing. I was wrong, because now the replacement is broken. Once again, it didn't even last a year! I called to get a refund & was informed that my warranty expired in July, from the first pump that I didn't even have anymore! They had the nerve to offer me a rebate on a new part, instead of returning my money. What a joke! Don't waste your time on Fake parts.com, they will just take your money & send a defective part. Save your money and get your parts from a legitimate business.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

As others have complained about Carparts.com sent the wrong part and admitted it to me but I still had to pay for shipping. The box it came in had a return address so I made a copy of the invoice and noted return and they wanted me to put some RMA number in it. Did not get refund and will have to dispute it with my credit card company. Carparts.com should be investigated. There are other places to shop and I will do so.

Not sure about Carparts.com?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Auto and Truck Accessories for you.

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Carparts.com Company Information

www.carparts.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business