Carparts.com

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories

Research top Auto and Truck Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Don't let these reviews scare you if you already bought a part. My experience with Carparts.com was near perfect, but like many people viewing this, I checked the site reviews after buying the part. I thought I was scammed for sure, but I waited to see how the order went. I bought BMW brake discs and pads, and they said it would be delivered in 3-5 business days. Sure enough on the 5th business day, my brake discs came and it was NOT the wrong part like many have experienced. If you haven't bought a part from them yet, I'd go to a website with better reviews. BUT if you already ordered a part, just wait it out and see!

I ordered a mass air flow sensor before reading all the terrible reviews. So I waited until the next day to cancel my order. When I called, the guy that answered was respectful and he understood why I wanted to cancel the order. My debit card was reimbursed a few minutes later. I'll just go to an auto parts store. It might be a little more expensive but at least I know I will get the right part I need.

I ordered a wheel hub assembly yesterday. I even called them a half hour later to confirm the order and the customer service representative said I was all set and would receive an email with a tracking number. I wake up this morning and no email. I called and was told the part was on hold. They send me over to their "specialist" and he say my order was red flagged because my addresses didn't match. He wanted me to check bank statements and other banking information that didn't have anything to do with this order. Such crap. They take your money and don't deliver. Now it's going to take weeks just to get my money back.

Do Not order here. Remember (Bernie Madoff)? They do the same thing. I was told it would be shipped same day, that morphed into 3 days until possible shipping which does not help you if you have a deadline. Once they get your money, they make excuses why it's not refunded - Until you basically tell them "The jig is up". Wait until it goes from pending to cleared, then file a dispute with your bank, you will be without your money for a week is the bottom line if you place an order here.

I got a good price for a set of spark plugs and they were shipped within a few days of ordering. My shipment got lost for a few days after it was on the way to my house but no deduction for this. I have no complaints for this vendor.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! Do not trust them to do business. They appear to be super security conscious when a customer is using a credit card and shipping to an address other than billing address. Meanwhile instead of alerting the customer of the concern, they charge the credit card and never send the part. I sent an e-mail and never received a reply. When you call to inquire about your shipment, they send you over to some overseas operator who attempts to interrogate you regarding shipping to an address other than billing. HELLO THIS IS AMERICA and it is not uncommon to ship to an address other than billing. And if this is such an issue why charge the credit card FIRST and then have the customer in suspense as to the arrival date of their merchandise! I have no problem with credit card security. However I do have an issue with POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

On November 12, 2016 I purchased a steering rack from Carparts.com for my 1992 Mazda Miata for $322.95. Upon returning my original part (which had been on the car for 24 years), I would be reimbursed $120.00 which I did. The steering rack (which came with a three-year guarantee for the part only) was put on my vehicle by a certified Mazda technician at the local Mazda dealership on 11/18/2016. A wheel alignment was also required after the rack was put on, for a total labor cost of $566.89 THE LEFT SEAL ON THE STEERING RACK BEGAN TO LEAK AFTER ONLY BEING ON THE VEHICLE FOR 3 MONTHS... I contacted Carparts.com and was told that another part would be sent as long as I returned the defective part. THEY WANTED ME TO PAY TO SHIP THEIR DEFECTIVE PART BACK TO THEM. After two phone calls, they agreed to pay for shipping their defective part back to them (cost to them $16.00).

The replacement part for their defective part was put on my vehicle on March 23, 2017; again by my local Mazda dealership at a reduced cost of $256.52 because the dealership sympathized with my plight of being given a defective part by Carparts.com. They waived the wheel alignment as well. Kudos to them. The reason I am writing this review today is because THE SECOND PART WHICH HAS BEEN SENT TO ME BY CARPARTS.COM (which replaced their first defective part) IS NOW LEAKING IN THE RIGHT SEAL, LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER BEING IN SERVICE ON MY VEHICLE!

In other words, the reconditioned parts they are selling are junk. They are not reconditioned properly and are obviously not tested before they are sold. I now will purchase a steering rack from another supplier and pay once again to have it installed on my vehicle. I would not even take the chance of putting another replacement part from carparts.com on my vehicle, even though the part would be covered under their bogus warranty.

I ordered a window regulator and motor assembly from them. The part arrived late. Even worse, when I attempted to return the part using their "SmartLabel", the Post Office said their label wasn't valid and I had to pay $18 to ship the part back! Steer clear of this company and shop elsewhere.

It's very amusing at how poor this company is doing that they have to stoop so low as to rig a system just to receive a sale. I Googled a "short ram intake system (with my car make and model)". I was happy to see under the "shopping" tab that Carparts.com was number two. I went to the part and examined the system more and Carparts reassured me by placing "this fits your vehicle (make and model). So me being naive, I purchased it. As soon as it got to my home I opened it and it says it ONLY fits a totally different car from mine. Even a different make and year. I read most of your reviews guys and you've convinced me to just purchase a new intake system online and just sell this bs that they sent me on eBay. At least I will attempt to get every single penny back instead of sending it back to those scammers. Beware of websites like this. They do not care about customers!

My vehicle broke on Friday morning. I ordered the parts I needed with my credit card online at 1:24pm. I noticed they are based in California, and I am as well so chose them to receive the parts faster. I know that's not guaranteed, but more likely than ordering from east coast. They finally processed my order Wednesday morning and sent me an email at 1:02am "My payment was approved." Really? You accepted my money? OK, I get that they couldn't get the order done Friday, and maybe busy, but what happened to Monday and Tuesday? Anyway... The parts are being shipped from Chesapeake, VA with a delivery date of 13 days from time of order. My ONLY advantage to ordering from them was I got to pay California sales tax that I could of avoided if ordered elsewhere. First time I've ever ordered from Carparts.com, and will be the last.

I ordered a hood for a 1995 Mustang. Their website had me enter the vehicle I needed parts for. Ordered the hood and box came for a 1993-1997 Ford Ranger hood called and could not get anyone that spoke English. They would not pay return shipping. Said I ordered the wrong part. The hood cost me 213.00 it will, cost me $303.00 to return. This company is ridiculous. Never buy from them. Why did I only pay $27 to ship to me but 300 to return. Now I am stuck, with a hood I cannot use. This company sucks!!!

If you make the mistake of ordering anything from this company, just know you have lost your money. You may never see your order. I am still waiting to get mine. I was told by the original salesperson that my order would ship on a Wednesday and that I would have a tracking number by end of day. When I did not receive a tracking number, I called back and eventually spoke with a supervisor who told me it hadn't shipped yet. A few days later I finally get a tracking number email to me. When I clicked on the tracking number to verify shipment, your head not yet been scanned in by FedEx as a pickup. I waited another day and then checked again, and still it has not been picked up by FedEx.

So I called customer service again for the third time to find out what was going on. I was told that FedEx simply had not updated their system yet and that it takes two to three business days for FedEx to enter a tracking number in their system. Per FedEx this is a lie. I still do not have the car part that I need desperately and I have no proof that it was ever shipped by this company. I'm now out a significant amount of money, and now I'm having to buy the part at a different company in order to get my car fixed. All I can say is buyer beware.

I was looking for a printed circuit board for the tail light of my Chrysler Cirrus. After drilling down through their online "catalog" I ordered the part indicated. When it arrived it was the wrong part. When I called to complain, they checked and said the part I received was the part I ordered. In a way, this is true because the part number I received was the same as the part number I ordered. It's just that their "catalog" sent me to the wrong part number to begin with. Since they said it was MY error they would not provide return shipping. They did eventually credit me with the cost of the part, but it cost me almost as much to send it back as the part cost. I will never order from them again and will tell everyone I know to avoid them at all cost.

Absolute garbage of a company, sadly I ordered my part and then read the reviews, mistake. After taking my wheel bearing off and trying to put the new one on I realized they sent me the wrong one, of course when I removed the old one I damaged it so I had to leave my ONLY car parked until I received it from another website. After talking to a representative and confirming they sent me the wrong part they said I'd still have to pay for shipping and handling ($30). Horrible company and hope they go bankrupt and have to close down. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

I ordered a part from them, was charged for my part, but hadn't received any updates. I then contacted them to check on it. When I check on it they tell me the order was canceled without notification. When I ask them why they just say there was a glitch in the system. They then proceed to tell me if I still want to order this part to reorder it with a secure payment like PayPal. So I take it my original payment on my credit card was not secure. The charge is still showing on my account as well.

Ordered brakes for a 2002 4Runner. They sent me parts that were defective. The brake pads were totally gone after 10 miles. Demanded refund, CarParts.com told me they couldn't issue one due to the parts being drop shipped and that I had to call Power Stop. I called Power Stop, who told me I ordered the wrong parts and that CarParts.com would have to fix the issue. Called CarParts.com back, said they don't want to issue a refund because they can't confirm or deny any type of quality control for the parts they sell. Essentially told me that they don't care if they sell a customer junk parts.

I read other reviews and seen where others had complaints about Carpart.com. But I also noticed that their complaints are invalid because they're directing their complaints in the wrong direction. It's the same as blaming the waitress and not tipping her because your steak isn't cooked right. When the blame should go to the cook.

So with that said. I have ordered from this company 2 times in the last few weeks. Shipping costs we're very comparable to other sites that sell products. Shipping is extremely fast both times. 1 item I ordered on Thursday evening, it arrived Saturday. The 2nd order I placed Sunday evening, Monday was a holiday and it arrived Tuesday. There is absolutely no room for complaints there!!! I highly recommend Carparts and beings we have a couple Jeeps that we enjoy trail riding and mudding in I can assure you without a doubt that we will be doing business with this company again in the future.

Don't trust the parts description on their website at all, there are huge blunders. I got a wrong part because they described it fits my car but when I got it was not made for my car type. I spent hours in a live chat sessions with an agent named Bryan, and it was a nightmare experience, he did not take any responsibility of their mistake.

I purchased a catalytic converter for my jeep compass. I ordered it over the phone because needed urgently to get faster shipping and come to find out I never received the part. Tracking said "delivered" but item was never found. Very dissatisfied.

I ordered a wheel hub from this company. I paid $100 labor to have it repaired on my car. A week later the car wouldn't come to a complete stop, I had to jam on the brake pedal. The part sent to me was defective. I called and they replaced it but I had to pay a "refundable" shipping fee for a new part. The new part came and I went back to the mechanic and got my wheel hub replaced. They informed me the new part was defective but they put it on because it was in better condition than the original part ordered. So I paid another $100 in labor.

I called carparts.com for a refund and they wanted to send me a new part. I felt I should've been compensated $100 being it was their repeated defective part that caused me to return to the mechanic and I will have to go back a 3rd time for the same part. The rep kept telling me I am only receiving $36 back that I paid for the part. I had to repeatedly explain to her that I also paid $25 shipping originally + tax and an additional shipping fee for the new replacement. Finally I was processed for the right amount in a refund but I had to send the old part back first then get the refund. And I am stuck with the second defective wheel hub until I get the funds to get a new part and pay for labor. I will never use this company again. They take your money and don't care about how you feel or that you are losing money because of them.

I read many reviews prior to placing my order online. Most of the reviews had to do with customers received wrong items and the shipping cost for the returns. I ended up falling in the same trap... Only that in my case their customer service actually listened to me and realized it was their fault sending the wrong item. They eventually sent me the correct item and I did not have to mail back the wrong merchandise which would have been too costly. In my case, they came through by correcting their error. Double check with a live agent over the phone before placing an order with Carparts.

I ordered a 2009 Nissan Maxima rear Bumper. They sent me a 2014 Nissan Altima rear bumper. I asked "Could you send me what I ordered." I was told no and that I had to resend the bumper and pay for the shipping. Their mistake, True ripoff. Filing a complaint with the BBB ASAP.

Their website makes it sound like it's all good to return parts if you are not satisfied or if they are incorrect. WRONG. They made me wait on the phone, answer 21 questions regarding the part that was clearly wrong when I opened the box, made it sound like it was my fault because the picture of the part has 3 holes and the part I needed has two. Never mind the fact that I put in my car make year and exact model and specs. When I finally proved that it was their "catalog error", and mailed the part back, they tried to give me half the cost as my refund.

I called them back again this morning after I found out they gave me a full refund minus the shipping and handling which I was fine with after spending so much time and hassle over the phone. One month ordeal over 40 bucks that the company tries to keep. The representative was nice, but clearly a tool for a company that does everything they can to keep you out of your money and hopes that you do not check your bank statement. RIDICULOUS.

Ordered a replacement mirror on November 30. Despite a promise of shipping in two days, with an email notice of estimated arrival date, I heard nothing. Called on December 6; was told the delay was inexplicable, but the part was being mailed that day. Promised an email confirmation and estimated arrival. Decided to order the part from Amazon Prime. Amazon order received in twenty-four hours; installed one hour later. STILL have not heard from Carparts, much less received my order. NEVER AGAIN.

I ordered a Dashtop dash cover for my truck. The product I received had a crack dead center and what appeared to be a mark (dot) at that spot as though to identify the defect. When I contacted Carparts.com I was told I could pay to ship the product back to them and they would refund my money. I was also told it is not possible to replace the Dashtop dash cover as they no longer have the item in stock, though it is still showing as in stock and available for purchase on their website. Dashtop does have a limited lifetime warranty and I will attempt to contact the manufacturer next, though I'm not sure they will honor it for a product that arrived damaged from the supplier and it seems a bit unfair that I have to waste my one-time warranty replacement on a product that was noted as damaged before it ever shipped to me.

Additionally I received a customer service survey from Carparts.com, but the link gives the following error message, even when pasted into the address bar: The system cannot find the path specified. I would imagine they rather not have me complete a survey at this stage. The best I can say is that the product would be great if it were not damaged. As for Carparts.com I would say buyer beware. I either choose to keep a damaged dash cover for $138.83 or I pay shipping (probably much more than the $20.03 they charged as it is definitely an oversized box) to return a product that should have never been sent out to begin with for which I would receive a $118.78 refund. Not a satisfied customer, certainly not a repeat customer.

Purchased a replacement catalytic converter for my vehicle in August which the weld broke in November after putting less than 2000 miles on the car. Stock converter had over 75k miles before breaking. Called company and advised them of the issue and that I currently have it supported with coat hangers so that I can use the car to get to work and get my son to school. They advised that they would replace it under warranty however I need to either: A) send it back at my cost (which would leave me without my car for at least a week where I would not be able to get to work or get my son to school), or B) purchase a new one (which is approx. $350), and they would refund me once I returned the broken one.

I asked why they couldn't ship out the new one with a return slip for me to send back the broken converter and they said that is not how they work, and my options are my options. It is a few weeks before Christmas so shelling out money for a new one and waiting for them to refund me is not an option, and being without my car is not an option either unless they were going to pick up my expenses for a rental. I was treated so rudely on the phone by both Leo and Mike the manager that I would NEVER recommend anyone doing business with this company. I am stuck and will now have to attempt to waste vacation time to be off work or spend money on a rental car so that I can send the converter back and then wait for them to send a replacement.

This is upsetting because you expect a product to perform as expected and not fail so quickly. I live in a rural area so a car is necessary to go about my day to day life. I even told them they have my credit card info. If I don't send the broken converter back then charge me the cost of a new one. A broken one is of no use to anyone. They even had me send them pictures of the broken weld which I sent pictures and video to show that it is broken so they fully are aware that it is broken.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Yep, their prices are nice. But don't expect to get it anytime this century. For a company based in Cali, I was quite irritated that they shipped a few days after I ordered, instead of the Monday at opening like most good car parts stores to (example, Jegs and Summit). On top of it all, they didn't ship it from California, they shipped it from across the country. I ordered from them because of their location, expecting quick delivery because of the proximity to Utah, and then they didn't process my order quickly, nor did they ship it quickly, nor from where they're based, nor have I even received it yet, so I'm still out of a vehicle a week later for a repair that could have been done in an hour if I'd gone with literally any other company that actually tries to serve their customers. I won't be ordering from them again.

Ordered the wrong part and paid 35.00 including shipping. Never used the part, opened and realized it was wrong. Returned to them and they refunded me 5.00! 30.00 paid for nothing. This company is horrible. You get what you pay for. Total rip offs.

I placed an order for an 02 Honda Civic left tail light replacement and saved $6 or so, as I saw it was cheaper than 1Aauto.com. Stupidly, as soon as I placed my order I became aware of how terrible the reviews for Carparts.com were. I immediately was skeptical of my order because I had not received a confirmation email in a timely manner. I went onto their website and contacted a representative through their online chat, and he kindly suggested that I check my spam inbox (which is where the email was).

I then very easily continued to track my order through FedEx over the next few days. The package came a day early, and my item was correct, unbroken, and properly boxed/protected. As a whole I am very satisfied with my order through Carparts.com, although I may have just gotten lucky (perhaps they are improving their business relations after all these bad reviews on here?).

My advice would be to not purchase an item that is overly expensive on here, as honestly I am still a bit skeptical about their mishandling of materials and how inconvenient it is to resend/cancel/exchange items. Takeaways: *Customer service rep was kind and professional (over chat). *Item was delivered a day earlier than expected. *The correct item arrived, unbroken and well packaged.

This company charged my debit card for shipping a part, then sent 25 emails stating the part was out of stock and to call customer service. I called customer service to get refunded the shipping they had charged my debit card for shipping and told me they could not refund the shipping because the FedEx label was already printed. I asked them why they would pay for a shipping label of a part they are out of stock on. They said that was how their process worked.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.
  • Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.
  • Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.
  • Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.
  • Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.
  • Best for experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories