1.45/5
  • 1 star
Based on 34 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Carparts.com

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

148 Carparts.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I attempted to order a front grille for my Eclipse and when I got to the end of it order they had already charged my credit card. They called me back and told me they couldn't send it to me because they could not verify my address when I've lived there for 7 years. Never again will I deal with this company.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I ordered a parts for the wiper linkage, and to find out it would not work with my car. I called 15 minutes after I placed the order and asked that the order be canceled and not to charge my charge card, yet they went ahead and shipped it and charged my card anyway. They told me that I could not get a refund and that I would have to pay for shipping back!!! THEY SHOULD BE LOOKED INTO!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

When told I received wrong part they tried to blame me. Then when they finally said they will send FedEx shipping paperwork to cover return they kept saying the email is coming. That was about two weeks ago. They said it over and over. I've called several times and nothing. So I'm stuck with something I don't need.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I ordered a driveshaft for my Jeep, the first time I was shipped the wrong part and had to pay for return shipping. The second part was received. I paid the shop to install the part which broke the day after getting it out the shop. Thinking it was a manufacturing defect, I got a replacement part. Paid to have my vehicle towed and repaired again. I have driven the truck one day since it came out the shop and the driveshaft has broken again. I'm so upset because now I have to pay to have it towed and repaired again. I'm currently talking to them and ask for a supervisor, and they are saying none are available. I will be contacting an attorney. A 395.00 job has now become a 1200.00 job with shipping, labor, and towing fees. They need to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

No confirmation email and I called and was suppose to get a callback and no return call. They sure took the money but my transaction is lost and never got submitted. And sad thing is... I went and had 190 dollars uploaded on a reloadable card, placed the order and threw the card out because there was some odd change left on it. Well they say there is absolutely nothing they can do. I didn't get a tracking number or anything. So they're saying my money is lost, and there is nothing they can possibly do. So that's 190 dollars down the drain!!! I wouldn't recommend using carparts.com.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Carparts.com?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I placed an order with CarParts.com on Saturday and provided them with my shipping address and billing address. On Sunday I received a voicemail stating that there was an issue with my order and that my order was placed on a hold. I was informed to contact customer service today, however I wasn't given a phone number. Not an issue, I was able to locate one.

Today I called and the automated system is very unprofessional, it repeats a message over and over about receiving a call back instead of waiting on hold, convenient yes, however please don't repeat the message over and over. I opted to have an automatic call back, when the representative called me back she asked for me by name. However never identified the company name, she proceeded to look up my "order" and stated my billing address didn't match my credit card.

I know for a fact 100% that I entered the correct information, the representative continued to ask for my billing address, I felt as if this was a scam and that somehow this person has my credit card information but was missing my billing address and this was an attempt to obtain it. When I confronted the representative she became very defensive and insisted this was a legitimate company and when I asked for her name she refused. I wouldn't recommend this company, either it's a scam or it has the worst customer service I have ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

DO NOT ORDER FROM CARPARTS.COM OR DISCOUNTBODYPARTS.COM! These two companies are the same. They have two different websites that both show the same incorrect information. They advertise items in stock, charge you for them and then send you part of an order with no notification. You then have to wait days for them to arrange a return. You also don't have to order multiple items for them to only send you a partial order and think that's ok. I ordered a set of lifters from Carparts.com, one part number, and they sent me half the lifters. The package has now been sitting for three days since they arranged the return and it has yet to be picked up.

I reordered from Discountbodyparts.com, because they showed the part in stock as well, and the same thing happened. Ordered one part number, they sent me half the lifters. I paid for overnight shipping on both orders as well. With the first order, I even spoke to a sales rep and ordered them over the phone because I wanted to make sure they were the right part and that they had them and could get them to me within two days. They have no one that works in America with the company so you can imagine the competency of their customer service department. So I now have two half sets of lifters and they have about $400 of my money that they won't refund because they haven't gotten their half order back, because THEY haven't had them picked up yet.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Last year, I purchased a fuel pump for my 05 Dodge Neon from this website. The fuel pump came with a one year warranty, but didn't even last 6 months!! It broke into pieces so I requested a replacement, because I thought maybe the person who placed the fuel pump in my car didn't know what he was doing. I was wrong, because now the replacement is broken. Once again, it didn't even last a year! I called to get a refund & was informed that my warranty expired in July, from the first pump that I didn't even have anymore! They had the nerve to offer me a rebate on a new part, instead of returning my money. What a joke! Don't waste your time on Fake parts.com, they will just take your money & send a defective part. Save your money and get your parts from a legitimate business.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

As others have complained about Carparts.com sent the wrong part and admitted it to me but I still had to pay for shipping. The box it came in had a return address so I made a copy of the invoice and noted return and they wanted me to put some RMA number in it. Did not get refund and will have to dispute it with my credit card company. Carparts.com should be investigated. There are other places to shop and I will do so.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I've done ordered 4 things so far and all came fast. I done got one part back for replacement. It took 1-2 business days and good customer service. I would highly recommend shopping for good prices for parts. I know I will be shopping there again.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Don't use this company! Ordered parts. Had money pulled from account on day 1 then took 72 hours get email showing my order. Never got a tracking number. Had to call customer service to get said info plus the web address for looking up the tracking info. They have to tell you the address. Not email you a link. Took 3 days to track down parts. When parts arrived 1 was missing, 2 were damaged. So then after playing phone tag which was 3 times being hung up on and 4 people who don't speak English as their first language.

Had to explain that damage was done prior to packaging and that one wasn't even wrapped. Plus the invoice showed 2 hoods and only 1 was in the box. Here's the kicker. I was asked how much to repair the damaged hood. If I wanted to repair a hood would I've ordered a new hood? I was told they would reship everything and it would take 2 to 3 weeks again. Nothing to help with their mess up and wanting me to be patient when I was told delivery would be 3 days ago and now have to cancel car from getting painted. So now it's hurry up and wait again. Highly recommend using someone else! Be warned. Getting your money back is damn near impossible. So if round 2 doesn't work then I'll be getting a refund.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I ordered a front drivers side fender for a 2000 Nissan Frontier but received a fender for a Nissan Pathfinder. Not the same. When I called they said I ordered the wrong part but I know I didn't. Paid $66.19. I had to pay shipping back to them when it wasn't my fault. After all was said and done I got $7.35 refund. What a joke. For that I would have just used it for target practice. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL ALSO BE RIPPED OFF...

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Do not ever order from Carparts.com. They misplaced my order and offered me a $25 discount on a order totaling over $500. Which they sent all the parts except one which they said I received it. Now I have to rent a car until my other part comes in. The customer service rep at first refused to let me speak with a supervisor. After I informed them of the inconvenience and me now having to rent a car until I receive the rest of my order they offered $25 towards car rental. A bunch of crap. I ordered parts to fix my car so I wouldnt have to rent a car. I live pay check to pay check. I can't afford this.

Original review: July 21, 2017

I ordered a washer fluid reservoir along with a pump for my Tacoma. The website indicated that it would take 2-4 days to process the order. That was 6 days ago and it still has not been shipped. I paid for FEDEX shipping only to discover they decided they could make more money by shipping it via the postal service. The postal service has size restrictions for rural delivery and will not send it to my house, so my only option is to go to the nearest hub and pick it up myself. The problem is that the nearest hub is in Greensboro, NC. I called the customer service line and demanded a refund and was told that refunds will take nearly a month to process. Slimy little **. I hope they rot in Hell.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Don't let these reviews scare you if you already bought a part. My experience with Carparts.com was near perfect, but like many people viewing this, I checked the site reviews after buying the part. I thought I was scammed for sure, but I waited to see how the order went. I bought BMW brake discs and pads, and they said it would be delivered in 3-5 business days. Sure enough on the 5th business day, my brake discs came and it was NOT the wrong part like many have experienced. If you haven't bought a part from them yet, I'd go to a website with better reviews. BUT if you already ordered a part, just wait it out and see!

Original review: July 8, 2017

I ordered a mass air flow sensor before reading all the terrible reviews. So I waited until the next day to cancel my order. When I called, the guy that answered was respectful and he understood why I wanted to cancel the order. My debit card was reimbursed a few minutes later. I'll just go to an auto parts store. It might be a little more expensive but at least I know I will get the right part I need.

Original review: June 22, 2017

I ordered a wheel hub assembly yesterday. I even called them a half hour later to confirm the order and the customer service representative said I was all set and would receive an email with a tracking number. I wake up this morning and no email. I called and was told the part was on hold. They send me over to their "specialist" and he say my order was red flagged because my addresses didn't match. He wanted me to check bank statements and other banking information that didn't have anything to do with this order. Such crap. They take your money and don't deliver. Now it's going to take weeks just to get my money back.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Do Not order here. Remember (Bernie Madoff)? They do the same thing. I was told it would be shipped same day, that morphed into 3 days until possible shipping which does not help you if you have a deadline. Once they get your money, they make excuses why it's not refunded - Until you basically tell them "The jig is up". Wait until it goes from pending to cleared, then file a dispute with your bank, you will be without your money for a week is the bottom line if you place an order here.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I got a good price for a set of spark plugs and they were shipped within a few days of ordering. My shipment got lost for a few days after it was on the way to my house but no deduction for this. I have no complaints for this vendor.

Original review: May 23, 2017

TERRIBLE COMPANY!!! Do not trust them to do business. They appear to be super security conscious when a customer is using a credit card and shipping to an address other than billing address. Meanwhile instead of alerting the customer of the concern, they charge the credit card and never send the part. I sent an e-mail and never received a reply. When you call to inquire about your shipment, they send you over to some overseas operator who attempts to interrogate you regarding shipping to an address other than billing. HELLO THIS IS AMERICA and it is not uncommon to ship to an address other than billing. And if this is such an issue why charge the credit card FIRST and then have the customer in suspense as to the arrival date of their merchandise! I have no problem with credit card security. However I do have an issue with POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Original review: May 19, 2017

On November 12, 2016 I purchased a steering rack from Carparts.com for my 1992 Mazda Miata for $322.95. Upon returning my original part (which had been on the car for 24 years), I would be reimbursed $120.00 which I did. The steering rack (which came with a three-year guarantee for the part only) was put on my vehicle by a certified Mazda technician at the local Mazda dealership on 11/18/2016. A wheel alignment was also required after the rack was put on, for a total labor cost of $566.89 THE LEFT SEAL ON THE STEERING RACK BEGAN TO LEAK AFTER ONLY BEING ON THE VEHICLE FOR 3 MONTHS... I contacted Carparts.com and was told that another part would be sent as long as I returned the defective part. THEY WANTED ME TO PAY TO SHIP THEIR DEFECTIVE PART BACK TO THEM. After two phone calls, they agreed to pay for shipping their defective part back to them (cost to them $16.00).

The replacement part for their defective part was put on my vehicle on March 23, 2017; again by my local Mazda dealership at a reduced cost of $256.52 because the dealership sympathized with my plight of being given a defective part by Carparts.com. They waived the wheel alignment as well. Kudos to them. The reason I am writing this review today is because THE SECOND PART WHICH HAS BEEN SENT TO ME BY CARPARTS.COM (which replaced their first defective part) IS NOW LEAKING IN THE RIGHT SEAL, LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER BEING IN SERVICE ON MY VEHICLE!

In other words, the reconditioned parts they are selling are junk. They are not reconditioned properly and are obviously not tested before they are sold. I now will purchase a steering rack from another supplier and pay once again to have it installed on my vehicle. I would not even take the chance of putting another replacement part from carparts.com on my vehicle, even though the part would be covered under their bogus warranty.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I ordered a window regulator and motor assembly from them. The part arrived late. Even worse, when I attempted to return the part using their "SmartLabel", the Post Office said their label wasn't valid and I had to pay $18 to ship the part back! Steer clear of this company and shop elsewhere.

Original review: May 8, 2017

It's very amusing at how poor this company is doing that they have to stoop so low as to rig a system just to receive a sale. I Googled a "short ram intake system (with my car make and model)". I was happy to see under the "shopping" tab that Carparts.com was number two. I went to the part and examined the system more and Carparts reassured me by placing "this fits your vehicle (make and model). So me being naive, I purchased it. As soon as it got to my home I opened it and it says it ONLY fits a totally different car from mine. Even a different make and year. I read most of your reviews guys and you've convinced me to just purchase a new intake system online and just sell this bs that they sent me on eBay. At least I will attempt to get every single penny back instead of sending it back to those scammers. Beware of websites like this. They do not care about customers!

Original review: May 3, 2017

My vehicle broke on Friday morning. I ordered the parts I needed with my credit card online at 1:24pm. I noticed they are based in California, and I am as well so chose them to receive the parts faster. I know that's not guaranteed, but more likely than ordering from east coast. They finally processed my order Wednesday morning and sent me an email at 1:02am "My payment was approved." Really? You accepted my money? OK, I get that they couldn't get the order done Friday, and maybe busy, but what happened to Monday and Tuesday? Anyway... The parts are being shipped from Chesapeake, VA with a delivery date of 13 days from time of order. My ONLY advantage to ordering from them was I got to pay California sales tax that I could of avoided if ordered elsewhere. First time I've ever ordered from Carparts.com, and will be the last.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I ordered a hood for a 1995 Mustang. Their website had me enter the vehicle I needed parts for. Ordered the hood and box came for a 1993-1997 Ford Ranger hood called and could not get anyone that spoke English. They would not pay return shipping. Said I ordered the wrong part. The hood cost me 213.00 it will, cost me $303.00 to return. This company is ridiculous. Never buy from them. Why did I only pay $27 to ship to me but 300 to return. Now I am stuck, with a hood I cannot use. This company sucks!!!

Original review: April 28, 2017

If you make the mistake of ordering anything from this company, just know you have lost your money. You may never see your order. I am still waiting to get mine. I was told by the original salesperson that my order would ship on a Wednesday and that I would have a tracking number by end of day. When I did not receive a tracking number, I called back and eventually spoke with a supervisor who told me it hadn't shipped yet. A few days later I finally get a tracking number email to me. When I clicked on the tracking number to verify shipment, your head not yet been scanned in by FedEx as a pickup. I waited another day and then checked again, and still it has not been picked up by FedEx.

So I called customer service again for the third time to find out what was going on. I was told that FedEx simply had not updated their system yet and that it takes two to three business days for FedEx to enter a tracking number in their system. Per FedEx this is a lie. I still do not have the car part that I need desperately and I have no proof that it was ever shipped by this company. I'm now out a significant amount of money, and now I'm having to buy the part at a different company in order to get my car fixed. All I can say is buyer beware.

Original review: April 17, 2017

I was looking for a printed circuit board for the tail light of my Chrysler Cirrus. After drilling down through their online "catalog" I ordered the part indicated. When it arrived it was the wrong part. When I called to complain, they checked and said the part I received was the part I ordered. In a way, this is true because the part number I received was the same as the part number I ordered. It's just that their "catalog" sent me to the wrong part number to begin with. Since they said it was MY error they would not provide return shipping. They did eventually credit me with the cost of the part, but it cost me almost as much to send it back as the part cost. I will never order from them again and will tell everyone I know to avoid them at all cost.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Absolute garbage of a company, sadly I ordered my part and then read the reviews, mistake. After taking my wheel bearing off and trying to put the new one on I realized they sent me the wrong one, of course when I removed the old one I damaged it so I had to leave my ONLY car parked until I received it from another website. After talking to a representative and confirming they sent me the wrong part they said I'd still have to pay for shipping and handling ($30). Horrible company and hope they go bankrupt and have to close down. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I ordered a part from them, was charged for my part, but hadn't received any updates. I then contacted them to check on it. When I check on it they tell me the order was canceled without notification. When I ask them why they just say there was a glitch in the system. They then proceed to tell me if I still want to order this part to reorder it with a secure payment like PayPal. So I take it my original payment on my credit card was not secure. The charge is still showing on my account as well.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

Ordered brakes for a 2002 4Runner. They sent me parts that were defective. The brake pads were totally gone after 10 miles. Demanded refund, CarParts.com told me they couldn't issue one due to the parts being drop shipped and that I had to call Power Stop. I called Power Stop, who told me I ordered the wrong parts and that CarParts.com would have to fix the issue. Called CarParts.com back, said they don't want to issue a refund because they can't confirm or deny any type of quality control for the parts they sell. Essentially told me that they don't care if they sell a customer junk parts.

Carparts.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

CarParts.com is an online automotive supply store featuring auto body parts, mirrors, engine and drivetrain parts, headlights, lighting, brakes, suspension and steering. They offer parts and accessories for a large range of truck and automobile makes and models.

• Large inventory: CarParts.com has over a million distinct products available for sale on its website, making it a one-stop shop for auto accessories and parts. The parts are located in warehouses across the United States, so your order will ship from the closest one to expedite shipment.

• Low price guarantee: This company offers a low price guarantee to ensure that you get the best deal on your purchase. If you find a lower competitor price on the exact same product, CarParts.com will match or beat the price.

• Customer service: This company offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call the toll-free number or chat with a representative online, and they can help with product selection, payment, returns processing and more.

• Payment options: CarParts.com offers a variety of payment options on its website, including all major credit cards, money order, check, wire transfer, PayPal, Visa Checkout and Amazon Payments. They also offer an eBay store that accepts PayPal payments.

• Limited warranty: While most products sold by CarParts.com are covered by manufacturers’ warranties, those that are not are covered by CarParts.com with a limited 90-day warranty. If a product is defective in workmanship or materials, customers can return it for a refund or exchange.

• Best for: experienced buyers and those who want many options.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Carparts.com Company Information

www.carparts.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use