Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes
2.11/5
Based on 27 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

27 AutoAccessoriesGarage.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 18, 2019

When I added the 20% code tax promotion it stated 20% applied. Next step asked for my email address to view the cart with my discount. This was not the case. They falsely advertised to get my email address and no discount was applied. I called them and they said the vendor pulled out of this promotion. Ok!! You need to remove the ad and stop falsely advertise!! And DON'T Spam me after I quickly unsubscribe when I caught on to your scheme!!! You need to honor your advertised promotion because this is not good business practices.

Original review: March 28, 2019

They promote they are military friendly and supportive but the discount offered was nothing like the "20%" they promote all over their website. This discount or any of the discounts Auto Accessories Garage advertise are for select items only so beware of this "bait and switch" tactic. I did order Weathertech Mats for my 2019 Cherokee because they were in stock and could get them to me the quickest. It took over a week to receive them but after opening the box, I realized I ordered the wrong model. My bad!

I arranged return with Auto Accessories Garage and shipped them back for the Weathertech Digital Fit style. I was charged $34.34 to ship back the original mats! I know UPS can be expensive at times but this was too much. I was then notified via email I needed to pay more money for the replacement mats. If I changed my mind about the replacement, I would be charged a restocking fee so I was stuck with Auto Accessories Garage as my source point. I paid an additional $138 over the original $115 so my floor mats which I could have gotten at Auto Anything for $207 are now costing me $253. Lessons learned--buy from a reputable vendor, be wary of false advertising, know upfront what shipping costs are and the vendor's return policy. I'll no longer do business with Auto Accessories Garage!

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I ordered mats for my MB E550. They did not fit! I explained in numerous emails with pictures and Auto Accessories Garage denied my claim and suggested I return them at a cost of $32 and a re-stocking fee! I called the company that makes them and they are taking care of me! I am banning them from any further business. I now noticed (yea, should have checked first) they have a poor rating overall! Lesson learned, check the company out before you purchase. They suck.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This is a horrible company. I gave them plenty of notice that I wanted to cancel my cover cause I found it way cheaper and all day. They kept telling me they had cancelled it and lo and behold I got an email stating they had shipped it, WTH. Screw this company. Worst experience.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Let me say how disappointed I'm in in the response of Auto Accessories Garage: In February 2019 I placed an order for a set of Maxpider slush mats for my 2018 Challenger AWD and they (Auto Accessories Garage website) clearly did not distinguish between the AWD model and RWD for the Maxpider floor mats brand (More expensive brands such as Husky and WeatherTech do) but on the Maxpider they indicated "All Model Challengers". After receiving the item it was obvious they would not work, I called customer service discussed the problem and decided to exchange them for the more expensive WeatherTech and pay for the price difference.

A few days later they told me I ordered the wrong item and charged return shipping. Rechecking the website it had magically been updated that the Maxpider would not fit the AWD Challenger, (How convenient). Lesson I learned is: "Dealing with Auto Accessories Garage" get a screen capture of the order/item details when placing the order. Sure it was only paying the return shipping but it wasn't my fault.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoAccessoriesGarage.com?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I bought two sets of nerf bars from this company and they were both damaged. One set both of them were damaged (black) and the other set one bar was damaged (chrome). I tried to return the chrome set and since I put the mounting brackets on them before I noticed it was damaged they said I installed them already and couldn't return them. They don't back anything up. They rely on the manufacturer to take all their returns. The manufacturer is going to say anything to get out of it. So, I got screwed. We work on thousands of fleet vehicles and I am replacing nerf bars all the time. They now lost out on thousands and thousands of dollars because they will not back up their products like they state on their website. I will never buy a single thing from this shotty company.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My package keeps on getting false shipment information causing me to stay home and times that I do not need to be home because it is not being delivered. This is a huge box worth $1000 and I would like to be home so I could receive it and so I won’t be stolen off my porch so accurate shipping information is needed and I have not gotten that. It’s been a week since they said I’ll receive it and FedEx has been saying they’ve been trying delivering it every day since then.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I tried to buy from them and on the top said 20% off for new customers. They actually only able to give zero for one and 5% and 10% for others. Avoid this company as they do not know what they are saying. The customer service is bad as well, mister Juan ** was answering during a chat like a machine, no help either.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

The items shipped really quick and I love these floor mats but if it is a gift for someone in your home it won’t be a surprise. The box has a huge picture of what is inside??? So much for giving this for Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Ordered a bed cover 12-7-2018. Said it would ship by 12-10 with 3-5 days to get to me. Perfect. I tracked the order. 12-10 still didn't ship. 12-11 still didn't. I called the company. Said it was scheduled to ship 12-12. Tracked 7:00 PM on 12-12 and still said "verifying order". Called again. "It shipped 17 min ago, but shows no movement". Should get to me by the middle of next week. Shipping from Georgia. 3-5 days? NOT EVEN CLOSE. Customer service didn't care that I needed it by 12-15. Try more like 2 weeks to get it. And I don't actually have it yet. But this is when they say it should arrive. I would steer CLEAR of this "family" owned company. Unless you have weeks to wait for your item. They aren't cheaper in pricing than other companies. And btw I emailed the company to express my dissatisfaction. They don't get back to you in one business day. Not at all.

Resolution response: Nov. 29, 2018

Issue was resolved, refund issued via PayPal. Just wish they would tell you upfront that they have to wait for the manufacture of the product you ordered to first cancel the order befor they can issue the refund.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Worst Customer Service of any company I ever did business with!!! After I ordered my Tonneau Cover for my truck I noticed the final order page said for a Ram with a 6'-6" bed. Checked my sticker on my new Ram and it said 6'-4". So I called customer service within 30 minutes and asked if this would work on my Ram Pickup. They replied it may or may not. So I requested to cancel the order. The customer service person told me as long as it was just ordered and did not ship yet there would be no problem canceling the order and that I would receive a confirmation email showing the cancellation and credit to my credit card. NEVER HAPPENED.

Called Customer service 3 more times that day and now they are telling me it may have shipped and I will have to pay all return charges. I just opened a case with PayPal and filed a dispute with my credit card company. Would sure hate to have to return anything to these jokers. Tonneau Covers World still leads in all areas, never had any problems with them. Will be filing a complaint with The State Department Of Consumer Affairs in the morning. In my opinion this company is out for only one thing and that's your money!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I ordered the 3 piece husky floor mats for my 2019 Ram and found out there is a "classic" vs new style and my truck is considered the newer body style. When my parts arrived I realised they were the wrong ones and when I tried to exchange they aimed they would not be able to exchange them but would refund my purchase. However I would be responsible for 15% restock and shipping which is rough 25% of the total cost. They won't help me because it was my fault and wouldn't work with me. I would never order from this company and feel bad because they are a "family owned" business but treats you like trash.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I bought some seat covers for my car. They were a lot darker than the ones shown on the internet. I called the company and they said I could exchange them for another color. I told them I was going out of the country for a couple of weeks. I asked them if they could delay the shipping on the new seat covers until I returned. They told me they couldn't so I asked what the was the time limit on exchanges they told me there wasn't a time limit. When I returned from my trip I called them and they said there was a 30 day time limit on exchanges. I don't want a refund I just want to exchange them for another color. I was given the wrong information about the exchange policy and feel they were in the wrong.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Ordered a off the shelf pintle hitch 15 days ago. Still have not received it. They have not updated me on a shipping date or when I will expect to receive the order, will never order again from them. The price was not that good to have to wait weeks to ship.

Original review: July 19, 2018

This company advertises that their returns are "hassle free" but what they do not say is that they are expensive. I cannot recommend buying a product from a company that charges such high shipping charges AND a re-stocking fee. On top of that when I called to return the items the customer service person stated that she did not recommend that brand of very well advertised, brand name floor mat because they slide, which is why I was returning them! I spent $207.00 and got $126.31 back. $50.40 shipping, $31.19 re-stocking. Never again. I do not believe anyone should lose that much money (39%) on a clearly defective purchase. I warn anyone against this business unless they are 100% sure of their purchase.

Original review: April 13, 2018

They give you the run around when you have a problem. It's been 2 weeks and my order hasn't shipped... Now they telling me who they get it from saying they are out and won't have any until the 20th... They are like the middleman's middleman... They really can't tell you much. I have $400 tied in with them.

Original review: April 13, 2018

Don’t buy anything from this place. It has terrible customer service on returns. While ordering one of their items apparently they are not allowed to use their cs degree (common scene). You need to be 100 percent clear on what you want because they won’t make sure what you're getting is correct and their supervisors on return are extremely bad. They make zero effort to make a customer happy or fix a sale that has gone bad. I ordered a plow from them and apparently didn’t say the exact words but again no common sense on their part to ask about anything. They just send it to you then when it’s wrong it, "Oh well. It’s your problem and you have to pay to send it back." CUSTOMERS OF THIS COMPANY BEWARE. Stay away.

Resolution response: March 13, 2018

The company has made good on the shipping experience offering to let me return the item with no charge. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2018

On Sunday 3/4/18 I had ordered a $270.00 BedStep through the online chat as the phone services would not work. On Monday it never shipped, but was given a UPS tracking number showing 3/9/18 delivery. On Tuesday it was still sitting idle and I called, this time getting through. They said they would check on it and get back in 24 hrs. On Wednesday the part started to show movement with 3/9/18 delivery. On Thursday the delivery date changed to 3/13/18 so I called again. I explained to them that I do installs and my customer needed it on the weekend 3/10/18-3/11/18. I asked if I could refuse the order as the customer will make a new decision. They politely told me too bad and it would cost me return and restocking fees. Now I'll have the $270.00 item on a shelf collecting dust and a lost customer. Warning. Do not use this family-owned company if you're a mechanic as they do not have any customer service skills.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Purchased window guards for my Ford. They came all broken all shattered Sharp. I spoke to Lance from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com on July 10th. I emailed them the pictures they needed with my information and they said they would ship a new product. It's been 5 days and all I'm hearing is Crickets from AutoAccessoriesGarage.com. And I did reach out to WeatherTech who sells them to auto accessories and WeatherTech said "nope we can help you go through the dealer."

Original review: May 12, 2017

Trailer hitch not for my 2016 Dodge ProMaster 2500 — They sent me a Hitch #13195 which fits Kia Sorento, their site showed me a Hitch #13295 which had PDF install instructions, it clearly showed a ProMaster van as demo. I called these people and they said, "Go put it under van and take pics of why it won't fit." I almost fell over! NOW they want me to pay to send back. I've looked at several websites for their reviews and they're going for the 1 time bang, they've got so many accounts of the same bad or wrong item issues they don't even try to clean it up, they'll change name soon and start again. They just figure "send them anything" policy.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I purchased a set of ladder racks for my truck. They were supposed to be no drill racks as it clearly stated in product description. The first thing I see when I opened the box is that they are not no drill. (The whole reason for buying them) I called and sent a email and received no satisfaction whatsoever. The best I could get was sorry, and info would be forwarded to someone else who would get back with me next week. I asked if they even had the no drill racks for the price I paid and their response was, "No, I dont think so." So if you want to get something you should try using a more reliable company that doesn't advertise false product descriptions. Very unhappy.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

It's easy. They have most everything for a auto or a truck. Easy shipping and easy returns and trade-ins. A good site to browse and buy no matter what you need. Well the first one came damaged by carrier, they took it back and sent me another one and it does just what it should do and when it should do it. It costed a little more but after it was installed it looked like it came from the factory preinstalled. Very impressive so it was well worth the price I paid for it even after shipping charges. One was damaged and they replaced it for me even though it was not their fault it got damaged and the rep was so sorry that it happened they waived shipping on my next order.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

Amazing, didn't have to wait a long time for things to come in the mail. Also the items are very usable, still currently using them at my house, can't wait to buy more from here, I love the products and quality. Items do not break, my dog chews on them and yet I still can use them even though there are teeth marks, they work very well and are a high quality brand that I would recommend to my friends and family. The price is very reasonable and in a price range that I can afford, I only spent fifty dollars on the first item and twenty six on the other, couldn't ask for any cheaper deals also used a twenty percent off coupon. Service is ideal, the people I worked and talked with were very friendly and willing to help at all hours, couldn't ask for anyone better to conspire with, wish all places had such friendly workers who are willing to help.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

They sell so many auto parts and accessories for your cars. There are so many options available. I haven't had a problem purchasing anything. The items are always in stock. The value is great. The customer service is very helpful.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

The functionality was one of the best I have encountered as a customer to this company overall. They are one of the best I have seen with high performance on this scale. Their value is so great on a larger scale. They see the bigger picture to provide with this. I very much appreciate as they're very committed and ongoing customer. The customer service is one of the best in its answering all my vital questions. It been a pleasure dealing with them entirely. I just enjoy speaking to them when I need them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

Their website is convenient, easy to use and the menu bar has categories and drop down bar that makes searching more convenient and fast as well as efficient. They have various options to look and recommendations and reviews from other customers. You can browse and read reviews to help you decide which product is best for you and would buy for yourself. There are different items that are very good and affordable. Also you can view and select or choose those that have amazing discount or sale rates. Overall I didn't have any regrets or complaint with the service or product I have bought. The delivery has a good turn around time and in good condition when it arrived.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

Everything I needed in the product that I was looking for when I ordered the product. Would use again when I need to purchase more products from this company. The reliability was everything I was looking for. Very reliable and great products. The value was everything I was looking for. I didn't want to pay too much for the product that I was buying. Would recommend this product to friends if they decided to ship from this company. The customer service staff was great in helping me with the products that I was originally looking for and they answered all my questions about this product also.

AutoAccessoriesGarage.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

AutoAccessoriesGarage.com is an online automotive parts and accessories store. Established in 2005 and based in Illinois, AAG offers an extensive selection of exterior and interior accessories, performance parts and specialty items for all types of vehicles. They also offer consumer resources to help you make the right selection for your vehicle.

• Free shipping: Every item at AutoAccessoriesGarage.com ships free, with no minimum purchase requirements. This can be especially helpful if you are purchasing a large or bulky item, which might otherwise be expensive to ship.

• Customer service options: Since buying auto parts and accessories can be confusing, AAG offers several ways to get in touch with customer service representatives to help you find what you need at the best price. You can talk to them over the phone, email or via a chat feature on their website.

• Price matching: AAG guarantees the lowest price on its products. If you find the same product elsewhere online, you can email them and they will beat the price by a dollar. That offer extends for a full year after your purchase; if you see an online advertisement for the exact same item anytime within a year, they will refund you the difference plus $1.

• Military discount: AAG offers a discount to current members of the armed forces as well as veterans. Customers who wish to take advantage of this discount should email their DD Form 214 to receive discounts of between 5 and 20 percent.

• Online learning center: Buying auto parts and accessories can be a confusing process, especially since there are so many options and opinions on what is best. AAG makes it easy with an extensive, searchable website for customers who want to research their options. Customers can read purchasing guides, browse installation guides or compare similar products.

• Best for: novice and intermediate accessory buyers, price-conscious consumers as well as current and former military.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs