Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts sells parts and accessories for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Online customers can filter search results by the make and model of their vehicle to find parts that fit. In-store pickup and online delivery are available for most products. Consumers can return or exchange any of their purchases within 45 days with proof of purchase.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

Stars Rating

• 13%
  • 1%
  • 2%
  • 4%
  • 80%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Reviewed June 2, 2024

Hello, the manager in Griffin Ga at Auto Advance came out and put my tags on my van for me. I’m older woman, she was so helpful. This may seem small to some for me this meant a lot, thank you. I appreciate you for helping me.

Reviewed April 12, 2024

My experience with Advance Auto Parts 4551 mobile hwy. I went today to have my car battery replaced and was met with a friendly smile and a very helpful young lady by the name a **, I hope I spelled your name right if I didn't I'm very sorry but back to my visit. She was very helpful and very insightful too. She answered questions that I had and she also gave me very good advice about my car. As a lady we really dread going to auto stores for help because we don't offend feel welcome.... but today was a different day and the experience was very pleasant and I will be looking forward to another great experience dealing with this auto store. Advance Auto keep up the great work and you guys need more like **!!!

Get buying tips about Auto Parts and Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Verified purchase
      PriceStaff

Reviewed Oct. 25, 2023

I had an experience today with this company that was disappointing. When we all go to a store and make a purchase with a coupon or gift card. The coupon goes directly towards the overall bottom line of the purchase. This company will proportionally apply a percentage of the coupon to each item purchased. So if you are purchasing things with a coupon. Be sure to purchase things you're sure you will keep. Purchase things you are not sure that you will use separately without a coupon to get your full return.

I tried to explain my point of view to the employee there. And instead of being sympathetic and saying it is out of my hands, it is company policy. The person helping me got angry and said it is not like you are out of any of your own money. He did not seem capable of understanding that that was exactly how I felt. That being said other than this incident the company offers excellent pricing and the employees with go above and beyond to try to help you. I have been to this parts store many times. Never had another issue.

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2023

Fixing my 2005 wrangler I quickly realized no parts the computer selected would fit. KATHY ** store 3784 matched belts, pulleys by comparing all her inventory. She looked at every belt and I helped a little. She found exactly what I needed. Good because the computer was not picking out the right parts. It all worked perfectly. Thanks. Kathy you really seem to go above and beyond. I plan to do all may parts shopping at Advance Auto!

Reviewed July 1, 2023

I started work this morning. I deliver for Instacart. All day my car has acted like it didn't want to start. I finally stopped here and Jennifer came out and ran teat and discovered my battery was bad. She went in and started to do a price check and Bryant started getting everything together to replace my battery. I paid and he went out and got started. Jennifer kept coming out to make sure we were OK out in the heat. Neither one of them complained about having to do it and they both made sure everything was in place. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

My month has been so hard and I was on the verge of tears when I pulled up because I really couldn't afford anything, much less a new battery. They both had me smiling and feeling positive by the time the battery was in. Jennifer assured me my week would be better, and told me to look on the bright side of things. That is what I did. I dried my tears and said, "Your right, it's already getting better." I had enough money with a little left and 2 people who went above and beyond for me when I felt defeated.

The world needs more caring and empathetic people like Jennifer and Bryant. I hope they are appreciated and rewarded for being 2 awesome and caring individuals. If you live in Tullahoma Tn. or pass through stop and see them, you will leave feeling like a better person and they will do all they can to make sure you're taken care of.

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Went to Advance Auto on 09 June 24 on 8630 US-301, Riverview, FL 33578 with an issue with my car battery which was still under warranty. I explained to them that we had to jump the battery and that I had it on a charger that gave me a fault. They hooked it up to their worthless diagnostic and said then battery was good and they wouldn't warranty it. After losing my cool, I took it a O'Reilly's. They did a proper diagnostic and found the battery had a bad cell. I paid around $250 for the battery at advance auto which was still on warranty and had to buy another one from a O'Reilly's, again having to spend another $250 to replace a battery from Advance Auto that was less than a year old. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, ESPECIALLY AUTO BATTERIES from Advance Auto. They have no clue or honor.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 18, 2024

6/17/24 Gloria at Prairie Ave. I took in an online order to return because even though it said online it would fit my truck, it does not. Gloria said I needed a barcode to return, logged into account on phone and pulled up the order that had a bar code. She could not get the order to pull up so said I had to come back in morning to let her manager take care of it. Told her I would not, that I lived out in the country on other side of town. She kept insisting there was nothing she could do and I needed to come back in the morning. I asked if she was going to reimburse me for my time and gas and she chuckled and said no. I told her I was not coming back in the morning and to call someone to figure out how to return it. She said no and that she was refusing me service and I needed to leave.

I told her I would be contacting corporate about all of this. I told her that we have been long time customers and have spent a lot of money at this store and we would not be shopping with Advance Auto ever again. She stated, "Well, I’ve been here for 3 years and I have never seen you." I replied, well (named a specific prior employee) that used to work here years ago and before I could finish Gloria shouted out, "Oh you mean the one who got fired for stealing." Did she just really say that to me?

I then asked her for her name because she wasn’t wearing a name tag. She yelled back that she didn’t have information for corporate. I said, "I didn’t ask you for corporate info, I asked for your name." In which then she gave me. She then told me to leave again in which I did and stated that it shouldn’t be a hassle for me because she doesn’t know how to do her job. I went to the 4th street store and showed them the exact information I showed Gloria and they had no trouble doing the return. Upon leaving the store the lady cashier asked me if I was the one who tried to do a return at the Prairie Ave store. Apparently Gloria called over there and told them I was trying to do a fake return, that the information I had was not valid. How dare her talk about me like that. Mike at the 4th street store and the lady that was there were very kind and professional.

Reviewed June 13, 2024

After 3rd time in a month I tried to go in and buy parts in the 2820 and T C Jester location to buy parts for our 3 vehicles but it was so hot I couldn’t stop sweating just waiting in line. I asked why so hot & was told AC not working for a long time. I’ll never be back unless you get this fixed. Feel bad for employees if you make them work in this heat. RIDICULOUS. FIX YOUR AC.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed June 11, 2024

I took my son's van with a known bad battery, under warranty so he didn't miss a 2nd day of work for the same problem. I slow charged it and when it started, I drove to the Plant City, FL Rt 92 location and left it running until the salesperson told me to shut it off. He removed the approx. 9 month old battery with a 2 year warranty and took it into the store to test it. I found a reading of as low as 10 volts while trying to start. He did a test and told me the battery was perfect and was better than the new one on the shelf. I am mostly paraplegic and told him that it has stranded me and my son, but it was exceptionally dangerous to me and the tester was inaccurate. He informed me that he would NOT replace the battery and put it back in the van (Not re bolting it down) and then went back in to close the store.

He had my battery tool that I lent my so and the van I drove there would not start because the load test lowered the voltage below the factory alarm threshold. The KICKER was that he told me that he was certified and had NEVER been wrong about a battery. I was told I would have to speak with the manager this morning and BOTH employees left me both crippled and stranded in the parking lot while they went home. An hour and a half later I used My deWalt with the lighter cord to give it the boost it needed to get it running. I had no idea I had my tool until I needed a soda. I Had To keep it running for over 2 hours to pick up my son from work and had to stay with the van the entire time. Last year I spent a couple thousand in that store alone and the year before about seven thousand. I was building race cars before he was even born as he is younger than my oldest son.

I'm a Master electrician and tested the battery unhooked from the car while it crept down below 11 volts with nothing connected. I was going to give the manager a chance to make it right today first thing but, they walked right past me in the parking lot without even offering a jump. I want to see a certificate of calibration for the tester, a re-calibration, his certification, and when it's found to be inaccurate a PUBLIC APOLOGY for disrespectful behavior by a CHILD. 1st I call the manager, then corporate, the FTC and BBB. I'll picket in my wheelchair if I must, until that battery costs 1000 times what it has cost us. 2 year warranty never intend to honor. I wish we had never spent a dime in there. Pure Blatant Fraud! Trust is out the window, if that is how they treat a cripple. What about your loved ones. Food for thought.

Reviewed May 21, 2024

Roslyn in the League City store went above and beyond to help me with a warranty for my Optima battery. I was originally told that my battery was out of warranty. She did a great job of taking care of me.

Advance Auto Parts author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information