Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
1.50/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

324 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 19, 2019

I found online they had Valvoline Full Synthetic Motorcycle Oil for sale online at their website which shows the price is $10.49 but currently on sale for $7.86 qt, I went into their store and the salesperson says he cannot give me that price as it's their online price so he marks it down to $9.50 qt for me. After I get home I look online and find Advance's price match guarantee which clearly states they will honor competitor and even their own website pricing in the store if you choose to go into the store and show the price to the team member.

I went back to my local store to have them look at my receipt and they still balked at the online price and said that it's the sale price when you buy it online and they didn't want to honor that price so I told them I would return the 4 bottles of oil and then purchase it online to get that pricing. Then the clerk is somehow able to mysteriously resolve the issue and gives it to me at buy 1 full price get one 1/2 off which in the end works out to be the same amount as $7.86 qt. I didn't know about their price match guarantee and told the first store that places such as Walmart, Lowe's and many other stores will price match but they never asked me to show them the online price and I did show it to the other store that resolved it which in the end saved me $6-$7.

Original review: March 16, 2019

As a female customer, I was ignored. I stood at the front desk/check out counter through 3 men entering the store. I asked for help. The employee said he was busy. Finally, he entered my name into the system, as my family had ordered parts. He told me that I was confused - at the wrong store - got it wrong and didn't place my order there. However, he had entered my name incorrectly. As he walked away, he told the manager that "I was crazy and didn't know what I was talking about." The manager entered my phone number and easily found the parts we ordered. No apology, as the manager didn't know that I heard the conversation. The first employee should not be working with people. It was really bad. I will not be returning to Advance Auto Parts.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought an item from Advance Auto Parts, and went to went to the store after an hour to return or exchange with the original receipt, but the customer person failed to take it back & he behaved very rudely.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Ordered a AC compressor. Paid to have it installed. The compressor was bad. I called Advance and I was told to come back to the store and they would give me another one. When I got to the store they told me that I had to pay $300.00 until I could bring the bad compressor back. I am disabled on a fixed income and I don't have that kind of money. I also have got to pay to have it replaced again since it wasn't the mechanic's fault. They should pay to have the work redone. Now I have got to wait until I can come up with the money.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I recently stopped at location 6153 in New Port Richey Florida on Hwy. 54! My car needed oil cause it was clacking and empty! I went in with 7 dollars and needed one bottle of oil to get home at 4.99! This day of Feb. 21st, 2019 the guys there ** and ** seriously helped me greatly! I appreciate their care and concern and the help they provided! Thanks Advance and thanks ** and **!! You guys were awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My co-worker and her boyfriend had a confrontation with the manager of the Texarkana Arkansas location that was all recorded on video. The manager on duty "Gary" verbally threatened and physically assaulted customer Clay **. If this is how you guys train your managers to handle conflict in your business I don't expect you to be open much longer... Clay does business with his commercial account with you guys often but I can assure he will no longer do business with your company. As well as me and my household will also be taking our business elsewhere. You need to re-evaluate your store employees and the policy procedures.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I purchased a Optima battery online from Advance Auto that was verified not to hold charge. Found out after going to the location 2400 W Pecan Street, Pflugerville Texas where I had my order picked up that they could find no record of my purchase. I went home, found my printed receipt and returned to store at 4 PM only to be told by the manager Advance policy was to put on a charger overnight. The Manager had very poor communication skills and hardly spoke English. Why can't each store communicate on purchases made at different locations. I was told each store has it own database that is not shared nationwide with other Advance Auto Part locations. Good luck on getting warranty filled.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased a set of In-Channel Vent Visors for my 2014 Chevy Suburban and I received this part for a Toyota Tacoma. I called 877-238-2623 and they referred me to the local Advance auto store to exchange this order. The local store 8968 has the correct part but cannot accept it as an exchange due to a price difference, then referred back to the 877-238-2623 number and they referred me back to the store. Now I'm being inconvenienced over a situation where the online fulfillment center made an error. This has become a huge runaround and a disconnect at Advance Auto. I am saddened that this simple online purchase has become a nightmare. Please consider Quality Assurance prior to your shipments. Why can't online ship me the correct part I paid for and I'll return the incorrect part to store 8968??

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

3 year free replacement Gold car battery - I bought this battery for my wife's Volvo so I wouldn't have to worry about it (I buy used batteries for my personal use). It went completely dead when the weather went to 0 the other day. Charged it with charger and started it, drove to store to have checked out. Person ran it on machine and said there was nothing wrong with the car's charging system. He told me to go home and charge battery on charger and come back tomorrow. They put machine on battery and the person said, "It still reads needs charged, so you must need a new battery." Went in store and manager said, "No new battery. Tough luck." It should not of went dead. Period!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

The battery on my Focus failed to start the engine after a night with record low temperatures of -22 degrees in Chicagoland. The guy from State Farm roadside service came & jumped the car & got it started & he thought the battery was the wrong type - it was too small for the tray. So, I went battery shopping. First at Wal-Mart on Randal Road where they offered a replacement 96 type for 90 dollars. For a comparison I went over to an Advance Auto Parts store nearby. They had only one such battery - a 96 category - for 190 dollars with a 3 year warranty. Gave my a spiel about how Wal-mart's batteries are no good, you get what you pay for, etc., etc. I was foolish enough to buy from them. They mentioned that Farm & Fleet had good batteries, so I drove 20 miles to F & F in Montgomery where the clerk found two batteries that would fit - the 40 & 96 categories.

I decided that I liked the 40 because it was larger & looked like it would fit the tray so I decided to buy it - for 128 dollars with a 7 year warranty. Well, when I tried to return the other battery to a nearby Advance shop, the song & dance started. We can't take this because it's been installed (I had documentation that I had the thing for only 1 hour during which I was on the road), batteries can't be returned because of the warranty, you have to take it back to the original shop, etc. Well, I needed a battery to install in the car next morning & I decided I'd better return the F & F battery pronto so they couldn't claim that it had been installed.

Headed back next door to F & F and they refunded my money with no hassles. I apologized & told them my story about how I was stuck with an overpriced battery that I didn't want & how I would never do business with Advance Auto Parts again. I usually buy parts from AutoZone & they never hassle me like this. Looking at the other reviews at this website it appears lots of people have troubles with returns & their service. Looks like Advance had better get their act together or they will go the way of Kmart & Sears.

Advance Auto Parts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

• Best for: those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs