Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner

Help me decide

3.9/5 (498 ratings)
Find an Auto and Truck Accessories partner
Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts sells parts and accessories for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Online customers can filter search results by the make and model of their vehicle to find parts that fit. In-store pickup and online delivery are available for most products. Consumers can return or exchange any of their purchases within 45 days with proof of purchase.

Banner image

Time for a new car and not sure where to start?

Search local inventory today!

Find a Dealer Near You

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

Going On Two Weeks Now, Still No Refund Into My Bank Account. Used a Debit Card, Which Any Other Auto Parts Stores Consider Cash & Refund You In Cash On The Spot. Not These People. They Insist On This Drawn Out Nonsense. Had A Similar Experience With An Alternator A Few Years Back & Vowed Never To Use Advance Again. But This Was New Year's Day, My Starter Was Out, & I Had To Have One. Seriously Makes Me Question The Quality Of My Purchase. Maybe I Should Buy A New Starter & Return This One Before It Leaves Me Stranded. Wm.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I've had two unpleasant experiences with Advance Auto Parts recently. I bought a part for my Saab and shortly afterwards, I was doing research and found the part for literally half the price... A big difference when I paid $150 to them. And, most recently, I had a motorcycle battery that was only seven months old that would no longer spin the engine over enough to start the bike. I brought it back to the store only to be told that the battery had a three month warranty! A $95 battery that is only has a 90 day warranty is ridiculous. I've NEVER gotten less than three years out of the cheapest motorcycle batteries I've purchased over the years... And I would not think a $95 battery wouldn't have a warranty for less than one year. ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

Advance Auto Parts has been my "go to" place for many years, and I am disappointed about such a chintzy warranty on such an expensive item that OBVIOUSLY is not putting out expected service. You don't buy a motorcycle battery every seven months! This is hogwash and I'm alerting you all to ask about the warranty and SAY NO when you hear something ridiculous. Take your business somewhere else!

Get buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Last time, I used a coupon link with 20% off. I did order 6 items online and store pickup. When I did get at the store to pickup the items, store prices were 19 some. While the online price was 21 some. Out of the 6 items, I did return one and the refunded price was 19...some. So you buy it for 21 dollars online...but get back the store price 19 dollars.

This is clearly a deceptive practice.
    1... Advance Auto Parts increase the price on the online link to give me a 20% off.
    2... Retuning amount was by the lower store price. Even I did buy it online for a higher price.

3... Not to mention my past orders 2 or 3 with missing items in the package. What business model.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

I have been waiting 2 and a half weeks for a battery refund. The store is trying to blame my bank for the delayed refund. Dealing with these people, it's apparent they are corrupt, lying cheaters. Not to mention they are lazy and do not help the customers. THEY ACT AS THOUGH YOU ARE BOTHERING THEM. NEVER AGAIN WILL I shop in this store (Okeechobee Road Fort Pierce Florida) or any of their stores.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

Yesterday I went to Advance Auto to get a new battery for my Equinox. The lady behind the counter sent a guy out to try to figure out what size my engine was as I’m not that knowledgeable about that sort of thing. He couldn’t find anything. I finally found it by going through paperwork in the glove box. I was given options on what was in stock and purchased the best available. The lady even put it in the back of my Equinox for me. I made it to work today and at lunch I went out and switched out my battery. People were surprised that Advance Auto didn’t switch it out for me. I had no idea they did that.

After work I took the old battery back to the store. I asked the guy behind the counter if they installed car batteries. He was very adamant in stating that “He would NOT install a battery that had been taken off property.” I said that I wasn’t asking him to. Then I realized that he wasn’t even paying attention to me. He was focused on what the people at the next counter were talking about.

I told him that I would be happy to wait while he took care of them. He said “No. Give me your receipt.” I tried to ask again if they installed car batteries and if so, why the install wouldn’t have been mentioned when I purchased the battery. He told me again that he wouldn’t do it because the battery had been taken off property. I said that I wasn’t asking him to install it. I had already done that. Thus the old battery sitting in front of him. He finally said that he doesn’t know why they didn’t install it because he wasn’t there yesterday. I’m disappointed that installation wasn’t even offered when I purchased the battery. I’m disgusted by the way I was treated when I brought the core back. I will NEVER step foot in that store again. There are plenty of auto parts stores in the area that it isn’t a problem to go down the road a block.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

Lifetime warranty only means 45 days so don't spend the money on any lifetime warranty, bought a fuel pump a few years back. When time to change it out they said lifetime was limited to only 45 days when we paid the extra cash for lifetime warranty, go to Auto zone where you pay for a warranty and you get it. No questions asked!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

Advance Auto Parts is a joke. Their own employees say they advertise items they don’t have. I went online and ordered 2 bottles of Slime Tire Sealant. They were listing at a discounted price, paid for them, and went to pick them up. They kept giving me the runaround and finally told me they could not sell me the parts because there was a mistake in the price they listed. Isn’t that false advertising??? Screw you Advance Auto Parts, you crooks. Made me waste my time and gas. I tried calling their corporate office and customer “care” center but they gave me a false story that none of the stores had any in stock. They are in on the SCAM. I went to the advance auto parts store closest to me and saw the sealant in stock!!! Shame on you advance auto parts, stop the lies and false advertising.

Resolution response: Sept. 11, 2021

I was initially extremely frustrated with Advance Auto Parts; however, Ray **, the district manager here in El Paso, Texas went above and beyond to find a solution to my problem. Not only did he replace my battery with an upgraded version at no cost to me, he installed the battery himself! This is customer service at its best. He listened and delivered. We definitely need more people like Ray serving the customers. I went from the opinion of never stepping foot in this store to recommending to family and friends. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

So I bought a battery at Advance Auto in El Paso, Texas two years ago and it was under warranty. Well, after about eight months it began to corrode (leaving lots of corrosion on the battery). I went back to the location in December of 2020 and they agreed to replace with a new battery. I had to find someone and paid them $45 to install. At least I had a new battery that was going to last, right? WRONG! I took my vehicle in to Pep Boys for an oil change and tire rotation. They sent me an image of my battery with corrosion all over it again! NEW BATTERY from eight months ago.

I was out of town for the next week so when I got back last week I went back into Advance Auto and spoke with Octavio. I didn't have my original receipt but he was able to locate everything via the computer. He said the battery was too small for my vehicle and that they would replace it (and install) with a larger one for $20 (because the one in my vehicle was only eight months old). I told him I'd be back on Monday (Labor Day) for this to happen. Well, I went in and Octavio wasn't in until noon (it was 10am when I showed up). I spoke with another employee (can't remember his name) and he said the battery I have in my vehicle is fine and that I didn't need a larger one. But, he said, he would honor what Octavio promised for $20. He asked that I go to the parking lot and pop my hood, so I did.

About five minutes later he comes out to the parking lot and says that the battery is no longer under warranty! WHAT? I told him (and he has proof) that it was a replacement battery (brand new) and was only in my vehicle for eight months. He said that didn't matter, it goes back to the original battery from two years ago and nothing they can do about it. He didn't flinch, just looked at me! I was livid, so I left. I've been unemployed (working freelance) since last May because the pandemic has affected my business dramatically. I don't have money to go out and purchase a new battery and have it installed - I can barely pay my bills. I'm also helping to support my 87 year-old mother. I'm not asking for a freebie, just asking for a replacement on something I purchased and went bad. I WILL NOT EVER STEP FOOT IN THIS STORE AGAIN AND WILL BE TELLING ALL OF MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO DO THE SAME!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Looking for a new carburetor so I did a web search. Results listed Advance Auto Parts had the carburetor I wanted for $368.88 but with this discount code it would be $295. Try to order and code won’t work on the item they said it works on. I called them and they said “yeah it’s misleading but no the code won’t work.” The carb is $368.88. If the code won’t work why is it saying on their ad that it does? Thanks but no thanks, I will stick with honest companies.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Tyrone Berry helped us out twice... He put a battery in for us twice. I really appreciate all his help!!! He went out of his way and beyond for us!! I will always use Advance for now on. Ty for the awesome experience!!!!

Advance Auto Parts author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information