Advance Auto Parts

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories

Research top Auto and Truck Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The customer service was really good, the employees are always very helpful and go out of their way to try to help you find the best product for what you need and sometimes can help with the installation of the parts and in a very timely manner. They always are friendly and courteous - never rude or spiteful.

They are well organized, have friendly and helpful employees and the stores are clean and well lit. The product selection is fantastic, and if they don't have a part I need, they get right on ordering it for me. Also, they've never talked down to me for not knowing what I needed. Maybe they could put out a coffee pot or possibly make the stores a touch more female friendly, but it doesn't hurt them for not doing this. The customer service goes above and beyond to be helpful.

I needed customer assistance which was provided to me and they showed me which windshield wipers I should buy because the ones I had prior were not the best. They were very friendly and helped me put them on my car. Advance Auto Parts allows me to buy the products I may need for my automobile at a very good price and the items are good quality as well. But I wish they would improve the ease of finding items in the store and the look of the store. It's confusing and hard to find the items I need and what brand I should buy as well.

Low prices, great customer service, great hours, very helpful and informative staff. I went to the store for a new battery and they were most helpful. Only took 10-15 minutes in and out. Excellent product selection and it's my go to place for car parts and accessories.

As of 9/11/2017 it has been two months since the claims dept. has given me the runaround regarding a timing belt kit that I purchased from them. I just want everyone to be AWARE that they don't stand behind their products. They like to blame the manufacturer which is Dayco. I have given them more than enough time to look into this matter and they are saying they need two more weeks for Dayco to give them an answer. I let them know that they are not dealing with a dummy because my warranty would be up on 9/19/2017.

So, therefore, they give me no choice but to file a claim. And my mechanic has advised me to do so because he knows his work was done correctly. Please don't trust the company because you will have to take them to court in order to get a refund. In the meantime, I will be contacting ** Monday so that he can warn everyone. Check out their ratings it speaks a lot of volume!!! Attn: Medina County Community be careful. This timing belt kit was purchased at 1705 North Court St. #08722. See you in court Advance Auto Parts!!! God Bless the rest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

I usually go into the store to purchase items and the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable. I have never used the online part before but I would be willing to try it. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The prices are competitive with other parts stores, and I love their free services like battery charging. I also like their free battery check and the fact that they will install some parts such as windshield wiper replacements. I am a very happy customer with the way things are now. I have always had a good experience when dealing with Advance Auto Parts. I would most definitely recommend this place to all of friends and family. This is a great place to get auto parts for your car or truck.

The product selection is outstanding. They have name brands along with generic brands to choose from giving you a wide option for saving money or spending an extra dollar. They carry a lot of things that I may need at a convenient all in one place. They are friendly and helpful and can always find what I need very quickly so I can get in and get out. If there is no one to help all of the products they offer can be overwhelming and sometimes you feel stupid because you don't know what you are actually looking for. It can be confusing if there is not an associate around to help.

I placed an order on September 7th at 3:17 pm for in store pick-up. Online orders are advertised to be ready in 30 minutes or less. So when I get off work 3 hours later I go to pick up my items. My order number did not exist in the store. I was told to call customer affairs which I did. They told me the bank wasn't releasing the funds so that's the delay. I told them The money was immediately taken from my bank account so the bank has nothing to do with the delay because I'm not disputing the charge. The customer service representative began to tell me that it's a safeguard for me and that they can't cancel my order until it moves from the processing stage.

I didn't get the confirmation email until 12:45 am September 8th. On the confirmation email it states... "Thank you for placing your order with Advance Auto Parts. For updates, feel free to check your Order Status. You will not be charged until your order is picked up in store or shipped." However I was charged immediately after the purchase was made online. That's 9 hours and 28 minutes after my order was placed and money takes for me to be able to pick up my things. I will not be ordering ANYTHING from them again.

I can call Advance Auto Parts with the make and model of my vehicle. They are able to tell me over the phone if they carry the part or if they have to order it and tell me when it will come in. Sometimes the employees have no car knowledge at all what so ever and it makes for a very frustrating experience. They also need to hire older people not high schoolers. Nevertheless, I always call or visit the store. I like to talk to people and know what I'm buying and thats hard to do online. Ordering in store makes the parts easier to return if they dont work.

They typically have all the auto parts and accessories that most other stores have. They have convenient locations around the state and I enjoy the order online and in-store pickup feature they have. The process of purchasing involves selecting an item then paying for it with cash, credit or debit. I have used all 3 options with this retailer. I needed a part on the 4th of July and they were open. It would be nice if they delivered to my house and installed the part for free.

Happy with their service always. I like the fact that when I go to Advance Auto Parts they are knowledgeable and quick about finding parts I need for my car. When I've gone into this store they automatically ask what they can help me with, and they take me right over to the aisle and product I need. I've always gone directly into the store, have never shopped online. But I feel like the service would be just as good. I really haven't run across anything that they haven't been able to help me with. If they don't have the item, they offer to get it for me as soon as possible. It's always been a positive experience.

The purchasing process both online and in store are always very simple, straightforward and easy. The product selection is often small, but thorough and you can definitely find what you need. They always have clean stores and friendly, knowledgeable associates that can even do minor jobs for you. Some of these include battery testing, changing out bulbs and wiper blades, etc, which is very helpful as a woman. Customer service online is just as helpful. They also have a great rewards program and great weekly sales and social media. They do a great job here with good pricing.

When I entered into ADVANCE AUTO located at: 3104 Boulevard, Colonial Heights, VA 23834 I needed help with obtaining wiper blades for my recently purchased at auction 2000 Mercedes Benz S430. I was RUDELY dealt with! I was treated less than. Both employees on evening shift acted very rude and short with me! The female employee stated, "WELLLL if you have a Mercedes you SHOULD be able to afford it up." I wasn't there for a lecture LOL?!

The male employee was useless with the personality of a shoe... As he stated, "Is that the white Mercedes out there". I said yes. They need a cartridge and I said, "Whattttt" and he said, "Just a blade... for both or just one." I said one. I think and the cheapest I can get... one $29.99 and a set $132.00... That is when I stated, "I can't afford that right now. I'll just have to drive and make the best of it in the rain" and the female employee said, "Id you own a Mercedes-Benz it should be able to afford it" and I said, "You're right. Got my car at auction and lost my job," as I was walking out and the male employee said, "Have a nice day." Screw you guys.

After continuous trips which require twice charging the battery at the store, which were followed by trips made after I had required a jump to start the car, and being continuously told the battery is ok, being sold a alternator in the process; on my own went to a nearby mechanic shop, spoke to the person in charge of electricity and he showed me a battery tester which tested if the battery held the charge. I saw how easily the battery got drained, required a jump, then returned telling the manager the results and upon much bargain, did agree to replace the battery. He was adamant the battery was good, despite being told a test made by a battery specialist confirmed the battery was not holding charge. I had gone to another nearby store, and got the same response; which means the gadget used to test the battery lacks this component to test if battery hold the charge.

We ordered a part online and used the most expensive shipping option to ship to home -- about $20. It was advertised as shipping out the same day and 1-2 day shipping. It didn't ship that day. I contacted customer service through chat. They said that item was mailed from the manufacturer and took 3-5 days. The agent didn't apologize or offer to refund the shipping, even though I was getting the item in the same time I would have if I had chosen free shipping. I will simply never buy anything from them ever again. They missed an opportunity with me. Unsatisfied customers can be turned into the most loyal ones by using good customer service practices. This company does not do that.

They can get you parts for older vehicles and can also detect any problems you may have with your vehicle. I ordered a part in store. The employee was not very knowledgeable but immediately got me a guy who know what I needed. The guy found out what the problem was on my vehicle and offered me an affordable part which he included service at a reasonable price. It took very quickly. Some of the employees do not seem educated in the auto industry. It can sometimes take a while in store to get an employee who is knowledgeable in old and new auto concerns. However, the vehicle inspection services are highly recommended because they are affordable and extremely helpful.

Advance Auto Parts is the only place we will shop at in our town. We go in there so much they know us by our first name. They even know our voices on the phone. Very happy to shop there. Never a problem. Can’t forget that we have had to order our parts from another store and they were always on point. We bought ours at a truck stop because we got to use our points towards it. Our parts always came in the very next day. I really don’t understand why they are so expensive If it wasn't for our points earned we couldn't afford it.

There are lots of products to pick from with a variety of brands on all of the shelves. In my opinion, there are not enough bulb selections but everything else is plentiful. They always have a shorter line than AutoZone across the street, and the prices are about the same. The store is always clean. The workers are all really nice and got off their way to help you but I wish they could be better at helping the customers with actual car problems. If you have a problem, they can give you a suggestion and something work with, but no real help. I wish they would have some sort of auto repairs.

Advanced Auto had a lot of inventory. They had many options of different price categories. I liked the many different air freshener choices, lots of prices and levels of scents. Wish prices here half off of buy one get one free for windshield fluid and air fresheners. Need more choices of different steering wheel covers and floor mats, definitely overpriced compared to Meijer or Walmart. Never many customers never have to wait in line. More women employed at stores would be better for women! I have been to 3 different locations, many times never seen women working at any of them.

Went into the store and that is where they mentioned online shopping; shop online and pick up at the store. Shop online for added savings before visiting the store. Their prices were very competitive and they offered even more savings by suggesting to go online and gave me 10% off for my first visit. The cool thing about this store is that it is located along the Tualatin Valley highway along with about five to six other competitors, so, if I do not find what I need at one store outlet, I can usually find it at another location within one to two miles of each other. At this time, though, I have not had the need to go to an auto parts store for anything, but if I do Advance Auto Parts will definitely be at the top of my list. They were very helpful and satisfying.

Advance Auto Parts install parts for you, but initially I had to ask a manager for this service because the associate told me no, even though they advertise that. His reasoning was that it was raining, even though I clearly have no idea what I'm doing and I needed that help. Customer service was awful. They have to provide better customer education. I know nothing about cars other than the make and model of mine so it would have been helpful if they had helped me pick out a product.

Advance Auto Parts is trustworthy and good value for the money. I used to do all my parts shopping at AutoZone but have found better prices here. I love all the helpful tips on the website. I also like the refer a friend program. I really like being able to buy online and pickup in store. I wish free shipping was available for $50 purchases since many of my parts are between $50 and $75. Sometimes selection leaves something to be desired. Often not able to find exactly what I need. I purchased online but had to call support with a question. It took a long time to sort through my issue and parts needed and technical support helped a lot.

The product selection in store was excellent and the store was clean and orderly. I was shopping for items to detail my car and also for a part for a older model truck I am restoring. I had to wait for a few mins to have the associate look up the part, but it wasn't too long. Employee was helpful and courteous. Items I was purchasing was also on sale! They have great promotion sales and the price was fair.

I like almost everything about Advanced Auto Parts. They are very unique and very affordable. They have many parts that relate to my vehicle. The parts that they sell are very good for any vehicle that it can support. The only thing I dislike about this company is its choice in workers. The customer service is really good, the process and shipping took about a week or so. I purchased all of my parts online. The fact that this is a well-rounded company for my needs is really nice.

Numerous locations, easy to find parts in the store, helpful employees, prices are reasonable, hours of operations, parking was always available. Computerized parts look up, ability to shop online and pick up in store, loyalty rewards would be nice. Competitive pricing could be better, they do not accept coupons and believe they should. Purchasing was a bit lengthy as I had to wait to ask an employee, the part was in stock and the store was helpful.

They have good deals and good customer services. I also like their rewards program that they have. They are helpful in helping me find the right part for my vehicle. More parts in stock. They have to order more parts in stock and it's frustrating when you need them in a hurry. Sometimes they are more expensive than others. Other than that everything was great.

I like the selection they have, the price, and the convenience of how close they are and how easy it is to shop their website. I now only shop at Advance Auto Parts because they really beat out other companies. I always find what I am looking for. I order online, in store and even order online and have it shipped to the store. Delivery has always been super-fast. The company is solid and I will continue to do all of my auto part shopping with them.

They have a wide selection of parts for all makes and models of cars and trucks (even hard to find parts). Sales associates are very helpful and polite. I was immediately greeted by a sales associate. He asked me what I was searching for and went to his computer. He asked me the year/make/model of my car. It was not in stock at that location so he ordered it for me. 2 days later I had my parts at a reasonable price. Very organized store. It can be a bit overwhelming walking in it, though. Sometimes parts are not in places you would expect them to be. At times sales associates attempt to sell you higher priced items or items you do not need.

They have good customer service, the person is always friendly at the counter. I wish some things were cheaper. They have a good selection. They never have discriminated against me for being gay so that is definitely a nice thing. I shopped in store. I wouldn’t go online for a store that’s close.

I like Advance Auto Parts because it's extremely close to my house. They usually have decent sales going on. They also have knowledgeable staff that always helps me when I go in for something. Product selection at Advance Auto Parts is decent, and the one time I needed something they didn't have (which was window rain guards) they ordered it for me, and it came within a week. The only thing I'd like to see them change is better store hours, and they could always lower the prices just a bit.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.
  • Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.
  • In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.
  • Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.
  • Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.
  • Best for those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Compare Auto and Truck Accessories