2.79/5
Based on 133 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for auto and truck accessories?

280 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 1, 2018

I had ordered parts needed for my vehicle online & paid with confirmation code. I arrived at same name store closer to my home 10min. away from each other with my paper copy with confirmation code. They called the store at 2727 US Hwy. 92 Lakeland, Fl to see if they can transfer the order to the one closer to my home speaking to the manager & he bluntly said no. I thought that they were supposed to be professional and courteous to the customer. I guess that isn’t so for certain stores.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I purchased a car battery for my occasionally used car a few years ago. When I got it, there was battery acid all over the place, and the sales guy had to clean it up. Obviously, the battery had been tipped over for some time. But the sales person said "not to worry." We tested it and it looked OK. After that, it only took a few years for the battery to start to fail. Even though it's a "sealed" lead-acid battery, I decided to open it, and to my surprise, there is very little electrolyte left, about half. So, it was tipped over. I should add more sulfuric acid because water alone probably will not work. Bad. The "pro-rated" warranty is sort of useless. No more Advance Auto for me.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I went to Advance Auto in Greer to buy a part for my car and they sold me the part and I used my bank card. Went back to my car to install it and yes it’s was the wrong part. 15mins later back at the store and now they don’t have the right part and cannot order one. So I wanted my money back so that I could go to AutoZone to buy it and they had it in stock but no they didn’t give me my money back. They give me a In store credit and now what the Hell I suppose to do with it. Now no money to go to AutoZone to buy it and now I am really???? I think they just took my money????

Original review: April 15, 2018

Went to buy spark plugs and all they had was most expensive ones in stock, we said, "No thanks. Saw them cheaper." We were told there is a rebate so it come to less than if they had cheaper ones in stock. They denied our rebate with no reason.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Advance Auto Parts is the worst auto parts store that exists, buy a sensor I received one that was not the one for my car. When I went to the store to have it exchange for the right one the representative refused to make the change. I had to call customer service and it took me 1 hour for them to finally answer me, and the correct sensor was broken defective and the same story was repeated, wasted my time on the phone for over an hour to tell me they can not help me, I lost almost $200 to buy parts that are useless. Everything they sell are very poor quality, they do not work, they come out defective and it is always a problem when you wants to make a claim, or want to exchange or your money back. Worst auto parts ever. Don't waste your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I placed an online order around 4pm for pickup at Store 8503, 2842 E STATE ST, SALEM, OH 44460... At around 7pm I arrived at the store to pick up my order, a counter person named ** ask what he could do for me, I told him I was there to pick up my online order and him my name... He went back and checked and came back up and said they didn't have anything for me... I told him I order it online about 3 hours ago and selected the Salem store for the pickup location, he said, "Oh, you order it online, me go check again," when he came back up he said, "I don't have anything for you."

I asked him to look it up and see if they actually had the parts there at the store, and he went back and brought them up to the counter, then he said, "Will there be anything else?" And proceeded to start ringing up an order, I said NO, and I don't want the plugs, because I'm not going to pay for them twice, I already paid for a set online and I used a 25% off discount when I checked out.

He snatched the plugs up off the counter and started to walk away while saying, "Then come back with your confirmation number." I replied, "Yeah," and, "So much for the 20 minute drive to get here," and called him an ** for being less than helpful and having an attitude with me. As I was leaving the store and almost out the door I heard ** say, "**." I quickly turned around and went back in and said, "What did you just say to me?" He replied, "I'm just repeating what you said." I asked, "Who's your manager?" He said, "I am." I said, "Whats your name?" He opened his jacket to reveal the name **.

I told him I would be contacting Corporate to let them know just how he treats his customers. He said, "Go right ahead. They can't do a thing. I can do whatever I want. I can even throw you out of my store if I want." I looked at him and said, "I very much doubt that." I then told him, "Expect to be fired because I pretty sure Corporate won't like to hear how you talk to and treat your customers."

Original review: March 27, 2018

I went to 929 Main Street Advance Auto Parts store in Waltham to replace the car battery. ** from this store first helped me identify the correct part and replace the battery on my Honda Fit. He was very knowledgeable, professional and helpful. I am very happy with the service I got. First time experience is very positive! Thanks sincerely.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Bad Store Customer Service, China Grove, NC - Called, communicated my need to employee for a Subaru Auto Transmission Mount. He put me on hold, never returned. Later, I talked to another employee, Matthew. I went to the store, my credit card in hand, asked for Matthew. Matthew was on the phone, he spoke me, finished his conversation with his customer, I had a 5 minute wait. Then, Matthew, spoke to me again, stating he had another call. After 15 minutes, standing there, I left, went elsewhere for my part.

Original review: March 7, 2018

Today I had the great unpleasure of visiting my local Advance Auto Parts store in Bloomingdale, FL. I just had a jug of oil to recycle. As I entered there was only one customer in the store and two employees. No one says hello. I simply ask one guy that was with a customer where oil receptacle was. First he acted like he didn't hear me. I said, "Sir again..." and he says with a smartass attitude, "Let me stop everything I'm doing!" What?? Just point you can see I have an oil container in my hand. I was not making him go out of his way or stop helping a customer by any means... Just rude, crappy customer service. AAP bring back some standards with customer service as a priority. Will be use RockAuto from now on. Sick and tired of crappy service. Ps. Wish I knew his name to post it. Heavy set guy with tattoos and piercings all over his face. If anyone checks these.

Original review: March 4, 2018

THIS STORE IS LOCATED ON 2502 E. State Road 60 (0.45 mi) Valrico, Florida 33594. Don't you ever buy nothing from this store, EVER, EVER! My husband bought a starter motor from this store, saying pretty much 1 year of guaranty... It arrive the same day. Was placed in our car and it last only ONE DAY, next day went for a refund and this lady call ** just denied IT, maybe it was not her decision to make, but the excuse was that it’s scratched... So before they said "is nothing we can't do", "you should test it before put inside the car" (hilarious stupidity excuse). Then they took the starter motor but still no refunds, so pretty much they try to steal from my husband, he ask for a refund or he will call the police and he even ask for the corporate number and this was denied! At last they realize he was not going to leave from the store so they give him his money back cause this motor had 1 year of guaranty Jesus Christ.

But it gets better... He was kicked out from the store and told never again come back!!! So to the manager in duty that pretty much was the one doing all this, you need to go back to clean the floors and learn a little more about freaking customer service! Denying a customer the corporate phone number is pretty much illegal my dear ignorant, so I will make sure to tell every single one that this store sucks...and you as well! Cause you treat really bad a handicapped man, you tried to steal from him and even told him that he can’t ever come back to your store! Believe me, no one wants to go back to your horrendous customer service and your stupidity authority over the store. EVERYONE PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE!!!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018 I should have read reviews before buying a battery from this outfit. My story is the same as other reviewers: 3 year "free replacement battery" died a month before the first year after my truck was sitting idle for about 10 days. Took it in and just like others, I was told the battery needs to be charged before they can even consider replacing it. Company protocol...the guy called it...Yeah...protocol to rip people off. So I left it there this afternoon and have to go back tomorrow to get it. What a pain for a stupid battery which should have lasted at least 4 years! I am 100% positive that they'll say "here is the battery all charged up. It was your fault for let the truck sit for a week." I've never had this happen to any of my cars and I've been around the block a few times. Last battery on this vehicle lasted 6 years!

Never buying a single item from Advanced Auto Parts. More like backward auto parts.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Tired to place an order online for hours. Found the Item I wanted, applied the coupon and tried to check out. Input my email and they want me to sign in. Try to sign in and it says invalid password. I know the password is correct because I use the same one for everything. So I go through all the steps to change the password (a big pain). Ok. New password is accepted. I'm in my account. I click shopping icon and my order is in my cart. I go to pay for my item and put my email address in. I need to sign in to my account in order to proceed with the order. So I type in my password and it says it's incorrect. Again I use this password for EVERYTHING and was Denied AGAIN. I spend time to check everything over.

I changed my password for the site AGAIN thinking just maybe I made an error. Went through it all again and nope. They know my email address but will not accept the password. I am so mad. Tried a few times and get locked out of my account. Contact online support and they disconnected me and now refuse to give me the option to contact them online. I try calling the phone number and I'm on the phone waiting for a half hour with no luck. All I want to do is place an order. I hang up. That elevator music drove me crazy for a half hour. I live in a small town. Our automotive options are very limited. And they just wasted about 3 hours of my time and raised my blood pressure up enough to, let's just say enough want an outlet of relief.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

My order was for a Bosch cabin air filter #W 3859WS, I was charged $30.76, Rock Auto & others have the same exact Brand specific & part number product for $16.06 half price. My bad as I didn't do my homework first, just be aware Advance has extremely high prices!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I purchased a "gold" battery with 3 year replacement. I use store #2101 in Williamsburg Va. After about a year, the battery died after about a week of not using my truck. The Advance clerk tested the battery with their machine and told me the battery was OK. It was charged and lasted about a month. Then it went dead again. Now I want a replacement. Well, I'm told it has to be charged overnight and tested again. I ask what they think I can do without my truck for a day? Obviously they don't care.

They blame it on my truck. Maybe I have an intermittent problem with my alternator. Maybe a bad connection. I have a thought, maybe it's their testing machine which is designed to not honor the battery warranty. How can we tell. Well, if I got a replacement battery and had no troubles, then the problem is solved. If I still have problems then the problem is elsewhere. I have a similar battery problem with an Autozone battery and they replaced it without a problem. I guess I know where I'm going to buy my next battery.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

If you take your vehicle into a shop and the shop orders your part and it has a warranty the warranty is not yours. It belongs to the owner of the shop. You will be asked for a receipt which you will not have as the shop has it. They will tell you that it is the shop's job to get your money back but before they will you will have to take the part back to the shop and hope they can get it done and you don't have to go back. If you need parts in the Los Lunas N.M. area DO NOT USE THE CARQUEST STORE. They are rude, will not help you when you need it and as unfriendly if you want anything like warranties as they are an Independent Store. So they don't have to work with Advanced Auto Parts and will not. But it will only be a little time before they close as their customer base is growing smaller and smaller. Remember you buy your own parts if you have a warranty.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

I ordered a part (reservoir) and was told by Liz the representative it would be here in 4 days. When I called on the 4th day and talk with the manager they said they didn't even have a routing number to check it with UPS and it was going to be almost another week before it would be here because of the weather. I had to call just to find this out. I was very disappointed and let down. I needed a part desperately. My car is overheating and I'm going to end up cracking the heads if I keep driving it yet I am a single parent and must go to work and take my child to school. Have they told me this earlier I could have had another part from another place but I did not find anything out until the day it was due and I already paid for it. They were not apologetic nor professional. They acted like they could care less.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Purchased two batteries online with promotional rate discount codes for store pickup at my local store. No issues with the pickup other than the fact that they never have anything ready and look at you like you're retarded when you tell them you are there to pick up an online order. Installed the batteries the next day, and brought the cores back that afternoon. The girl behind the counter, who appeared to be the only one running the store, kept insisting that I already received my core refund and that it was applied as a discount promotion. After arguing that point that I had not returned the cores, and the receipt clearly stated I was being charged for a core until return, she proceeded to do some stuff on her computer which she clearly had no idea how to operate because she wound up refunding one of the entire orders.

Now she claimed she had to call Advance Auto customer service, while I stood there with her waiting on hold for 15-20 minutes, she figured out that she pressed the wrong button the computer for the core return, which now left her with the dilemma that she refunded the entire order on one of the batteries. When customer service finally answered, they told her that they could not re-bill the order because I paid with PayPal online.

She then requested that I pay for the battery again, which I mistakenly allowed her to do on one of my credit cards where she proceeded to bill me for a higher amount than I originally paid for the battery, then gave me a stack of receipts back which did not include the receipt for the new order she placed on my card, of which I have no proof of the incorrect billing. Advance Auto Parts hires the worst employees I have ever encountered in my entire life, I have had problems in the past in multiple stores but this was by far the worst encounter I have had to deal with thus far. This girl did not have a single clue as to what she was doing. This was my last purchase with them.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Purchased a gold 700cca auto battery (Autocraft Gold Battery) 2 months ago. Suddenly the battery would not start my car. I had it jumped started and took it to a reputable auto repair shop. Everything electrical checked out on my car. The garage charged my battery on a 30 amp charger for over an hour and was only able to obtain a 539cca. I took the battery to the Advance Auto store and after putting it on their tester they proclaimed the battery in working order. They advised charging it in the store for 35 mins. After the charge, it went up to 560cca.

They would not remotely consider exchanging it since the machine did not kick out a particular code. I walked out completely frustrated and felt ripped off. Why did I buy the best battery Advance Auto sells at a 700cca rating and 2 months later it won't charge over 600cca? If I wanted a lower rated and cheaper battery I would have purchased it. The famous testing machine can't think beyond that the battery should start your car, end of discussion. The clerks only push the buttons, cannot help, also end of discussion. It was my first experience returning anything to Advance Auto and it will be my last.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I have bought all my battery at Walmart or other retailers and never had any issues with returning/replacing my car battery (defective/ have issues). My first time buying a battery from Advance Auto Zone was a nightmare. I bought an Optima Yellowtop for about 250 and it didn't work after a year of purchased. I had a three year free replacement warranty on it. I took it in to replace it, expecting to just walk out with a new battery due to the free replacement warranty.

It was a big headache, similar to other posts here about trying to replace their battery. The sale clerk seemed annoyed when I mentioned about replacing my car battery. The sale clerk told me it was their policy according to the warranty that they need to charge/test the battery before they can make a decision on replacing it. This policy was not posted/stated anywhere on the warranty. It must be a made up policy to prevent you from replacing their faulted products. The sale clerk also told me that it would take them more than 24 hours to test it and charge it and that I can buy a new battery if I can't wait that long.

I told her that I don't need to buy another battery and she took my car battery and put it on a shelf. I looked around and there is no customers in the store and nothing on any of their battery chargers. I asked her why she didn't test my battery right away and put it on a charger and she said that she will do it when she have time. She walked to the back of the store and I can hear her talking to another co worker about what she was doing for the holidays. I will never buy anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Wouldn't honor warranty on Autolite Spark Plug Wires. Couldn't find my info in system. Never asked for info when purchased. Personally have purchased over 6 sets of these wires from Advance since the early 90's not once was I asked for info for purchasing wires. No longer carried at my nearest Advance. One of many reasons I haven't shopped there in years.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

They advertise 25% off on Black Friday then when I get there they say that you have to fit in the small bag and it's got to be three items. Read the fine print. And the sales staff was the rudest I've ever experienced.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Just like the rest of the people I got a battery about a year ago. Spent 150.00 on the battery. I remember where I got my battery from cause you don't forget where you spend 150.00 in less than a certain timeframe. Not like you buy batteries often when you only have 2 vehicles. Either way just like the other reviews... they did the same with the battery on me.

The battery has the mfg date on it. 9/17 and it's clearly is a Advance Auto Parts battery. The last week I had issues every morning. I had to jumpstart it. Finally I pulled it off and took it in to be checked. They say it's bad. I said, "Well that's good to know. I thought I had gotten a good battery. Guess you are bound to get one sooner or later." They said, "What's your phone number." I give it to them... they say, "Oh we don't see the purchase."

I said, "Well it was on the location 3 blocks from me." I gave the location... but this location only lasted 3 months for some reason. Guess it was too close to AutoZone. Well they say, "We can't find you... we can sell you a battery." I said, "Nope... screw this. I'm going elsewhere." You guys don't honor your warranties. I'm not buying from you no more. I have a plumbing company and I always honor my warranties. So ya this is not good for customers. Stay away from Advance Auto Parts.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This happened at store #06464, a day after the purchase of 3 coils on plug items. My husband need is only one so he asked me to go to return the other 2. While I was in line for a whole 35 minutes and the only 2 cashiers would take their time even to socialize. When finally was my turn this guy not only had an ugly appearance but his arrogant attitude was uglier, he right away said to me that they don't accept electric items returns and I asked him, "Well this policy is not shown anywhere on the receipt, actually the only thing mention is an scan number to RETURN items." Then he proceeded to show me a yellow sticker with the store rules on the counter that I never noticed before and I'm sure I'm not the only one, I requested to speak to a manager or supervisor since these 2 packages were not even open and he replied rudely that he was the one so I left because obviously I was just wasting more time uselessly.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

When in store in Garrettsville on Sunday looking to buy some parts, there were two associates in store 1 one computer, the other one was helping customer. I walked over to guy on computer and he never got off computer or even said hello, or "I’ll be with you in a minute." Nothing. There was nobody else in store but me and the other guy that was being help, I stood by him for 3 minutes never said a word. So when the other guy walked back up with customer he was helping I proceeded to go over to him only to have him check out the guy he was helping then turned around and walked back to back room, so I'm standing there for another 2 minutes before heading out to go elsewhere. Been in retail for 41 years. If I treated paying customers like this I would have been out of business in a year. I guess I’ll over to Nappa which went in not too long ago.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I broke down in parking lot of metropolitan okay and Derrick ** wouldn't charge my battery or let me use tools to get battery off car. He said it ain't their job and left me and kids in cold parking lot till a lady older than us gave me a boost and said, "Pray for them. Don't spend your money..." Autozone fixed my battery and made it work. They'll the best.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I purchased a autocraft silver battery January 2015 which should still be under warranty given that they give 2 years for that battery, the battery is defected and has died on me. When I walked into an advance auto part store I was told they couldnt find me in the system so I couldnt switch the battery out. I would have to buy a new one!

Given that it's over 130.00 for this battery and it is still under warranty I find it ridiculous that such a big company has no way to look you up in the system other than by a phone number which at the time I did not have one to give!! I gave them my name, id, and proof of vehicle so that they can see it was me and I just needed to switch the battery.

The battery also has a sticker on it that says 12/2015 which is date of purchase or manufacturing which proves it is under warranty!! And they said they cant do anything with that. I find this unacceptable!! Advance Auto Parts is full of thieves trying to get customers to purchase new batteries by making it impossible to locate you in the system.

It's a fraud, they told me I had to go to the exact store I bought it in to see if they could help me. How is that possible? Or acceptable? What if someone moves? Or relocates? Then your warranty is worthless? It's a fraud. I will never buy anything from this store again, the gentleman at the location was rude!! I called corporate and they told me they did indeed find me in the system for that store! And that my battery was in fact still under warranty! The store tried to rip me off by getting me to purchase another battery and making me believe I was not in the system. Crooks!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I bought an Autocraft battery for my car at Advance Auto Parts store 8105 in Laredo, Texas. The sales associates indicated that the battery had a three year free replacement. Right from the start the battery wouldn't hold charge and when I took it to the store I was asked to leave it to be charged, which I did. I have to do this three times already and the manager tells me that his machine has to give him a code or the battery has to be bloated for him to honor the free replacement. A new battery that every time I need to use it, is dead. He said that they can't explain the procedure to the customer when they buy the battery. I have read the policy and nowhere it says that they have to charge it first or that it has to be bloated so they honor the battery. Horrible service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I ordered for parts online all at the same time and I end up getting my parts different days and I am still waiting on two parts a week later. Yesterday I get home and I find a note on my door that they gave the parts to my neighbor. I don't even know my neighbor. Why the hell would you do that? Leave the damn parts in the door like the last guy did. I'm very dissatisfied and will never use Advance Auto Parts ever again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I purchased a battery from this company this past spring. The battery never charged and I was told by Advance that I have a short (the battery was for a camper). I took the camper in twice to have the electrical looked at (the most recent time was October 7) and was told that there is no electrical problem and that the battery was bad.

I took the battery back to Advance Auto Parts on 10/10/17 and was told that I would get a call that evening and a follow up call the morning of 10/11/17. I never received either call. I called Advance on 10/15/17 and was told I could pick up my battery that it was fully charged. I told the Advance employee that the battery was supposed to be checked for an issue. I was told that I would get a call back in a "couple minutes." I received a callback and was told the battery was bad. I inquired about the warranty and was told there was only a 90 warranty and there was nothing Advance could do. I told them to keep my battery since they just lost a loyal customer. I will NEVER give this company my business again. They have extremely poor service and poor products. There are many other auto parts stores that can provide you service and great products. Shop elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

For the past 3-4 weeks, I have had the absolute worst experience at the Kannapolis, NC location (501 S Cannon Blvd, Kannapolis, NC 28081). The customer service at this location is absolutely horrific and I would hope does not represent who they are as a company. The customer service was terrible from my first visit until my last. I stopped there because I was having trouble with a car battery that I purchased at this location. It was only a year old battery and has a 3 year warranty. A young kid helped us the first day and while testing the battery he actually pulled something out of his pocket to puff on a few times while helping us --- very unprofessional despite whatever it was that he was smoking on.

He told us it's the battery but implied that they do this, so people will buy a new battery. We asked him to hook up the car to the diagnostic machine since my check engine light had come on the first day I had trouble with the battery. He waved us off as if he did not have time for it and told us, it's the battery. He did not hook up our car, so we had to go down to Auto Zone to have this done. Week after week, I continued to have trouble with my battery --- having to jump it off continuously. I went back to the Kannapolis store and this is where I first encounter ** (at this point I do not know he is the manager of the store). When I arrive, he is very agitated that the other store didnt just call to verify purchase and take care of the situation and grumbles about them being stupid.

He then tells me that the person that knows how to test the battery will not be in until a few minutes --- so I wait. When she arrives, she goes out to test my battery and states there are too many fuses near it, so she is going to get ** to do it. So, the whole time I stood there waiting on her, he could have tested my battery because he in fact did know how to do it. For this and every additional visit after he keeps telling me that the battery is good and he is getting the same reading that the battery had when it was first tested and he cannot replace it if it does not read as a bad battery. This is still his excuse after two shops look over my car (one being the Hyundai dealership who does a full diagnostics test and it comes back as just a bad battery).

One day he tells me I may just have something draining my battery but does not bother to do a drain test until my 3rd visit and he states that he should have done this last time I was there. I told him that yes he should have because this is now my 3rd visit to this store. He tells me there is a drain on my battery and he is getting a reading of a .70 but it was still rising. This turns out to be a complete lie. The Hyundai dealership service team printed me off the proof that this is a bad battery and tells me there is absolutely no draw on my battery. ** sees this proof and still refused to replace my battery (again, the battery is under a 3 year warranty).

At this point, I am on my 4th visit to this store and he is being extremely difficult for absolutely no reason. He continues checking out customers and completely ignoring that I am there and was the first one there when his second employee arrives. I had to jump in front of the people for him to acknowledge that I am still waiting. I get extremely frustrated with him still refusing to replace the battery, after a while he finally agrees to.

I really dont know what type of training they give their managers or what you require from them, but this should not be it. He is a horrible manager. I have never been so disappointed in a place of business in my life. I would never purchase anything from this store ever again. This experience was beyond enough for me to know that. He caused me weeks of unnecessary stress and breakdowns (in which my kids were with me stranded many times). They need to evaluate this manager and make some serious changes. I cannot possibly be the only person that has received such horrible service here.

Advance Auto Parts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

• Best for: those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs