3.8/5 (340 ratings)

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts sells parts and accessories for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Online customers can filter search results by the make and model of their vehicle to find parts that fit. In-store pickup and online delivery are available for most products. Consumers can return or exchange any of their purchases within 45 days with proof of purchase.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Today I was having some issues with my car. I was very frustrated by the time I got into Advanced Auto Parts at 380 W 434 in Winter Springs, Fl 32708. I was in tears. I want to Thank the manager ** and ** for helping me solve my solution. I can't thank them enough. Very kind people working here and deserve to be noticed as such.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

After searching the web for days I tried Advance and couldn't be happier with their product. The heater core I bought for my 1989 S10 is EXACTLY like the OEM part in every way only with a better solder at the tubes! Thanks Advance Auto Parts!

Get buying tips about Auto Parts and Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I purchased a battery for my car; a gentleman by the name of Guy at 1509 Easton Rd in Willow Grove, Pa. offered the BEST customer service! He was very attentive, helpful, and he knew his stuff! Although this Advance Auto is not near where I live, I will travel the little distance just for this type of service. People have horrible customer service these days, but Guy showed me that there are still people who have been trained in how to treat customers. Thanks Guy!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

I needed help with a problem with my 1999 jeep Cherokee classic. The people there were very helpful and I was incredibly pleased when I left. This was not a easy problem to solve but I felt that there was no trouble. They made my experience easy and saved me money. I shop at this store for the customer service and will continue to.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

CLAIM STATEMENT. On 9/9/21 I Purchased a Diehard battery from Advance Auto Parts store number (06784) in Denver located at 5496 Federal Blvd. I paid a total of $234.10 (see purchase receipt dated 9/9/21 attached) for the new battery. I was confident that I was getting a good quality battery because DieHard batteries had a very good reputation of being a very good battery. The DieHard brand dates to 1967, having been developed by Globe-Union Battery for Sears. Globe-Union was later bought by Johnson Controls, who continued to manufacture the DieHard for Sears. In its earliest years, the brand was guaranteed to last “forever”, that is as long as the original owner still owned the car in which it was installed.

Shortly after I purchased the battery and it was installed by the Advance Auto Parts representative in my Truck on 9/9/21, I began to have problems with the truck not starting in the morning after it had been sitting overnight. I would drive it for a few days and not have any problems with the truck. But, sporadically after a few days I would attempt to start the truck after letting it sit overnight and in the morning before I decided to go someplace the battery would be almost completely dead requiring a jump start. After a few weeks of this I returned to the Advance Auto Parts store where I purchased the battery and they retested the battery and told me the battery and the alternator tested positive and the problem was not the battery.

About the end of December of 2021, I started getting warning lights coming up on the dash of my truck signaling ABS system problems and my speedometer went completely out. “A leading sign of a weak battery is the sudden and spontaneous illumination of multiple warning lights and warning messages in your instrument cluster, possibly accompanied by the non-functionality of various systems including the cruise control, anti-lock brakes, traction control and more”. 5 Strange Problems Caused by a weak Battery and How You Can Avoid Them, AutoTrader.ca https://www.autotrader.ca/editorial/20200325/5-strange.problems-caused-by-a-weak-battery-and-how-you-can-avoid-them/#:~:text=Sometimes%2C %20insufficient%20battery %20power%20can,actually%20start%20the%20engine%20first.

At this point I was very confused and decided to seek a Ford Specialist to try and diagnose the problems. I ended up taking the Truck to TSI Ford Specialist on 2331 West Hampden Avenue on 1/3/22. I had previously installed a new security system for $804.16 (see purchase receipt dated 5/29/21 attached) in my 2010 F150 truck on 5/29/21 from Car Toys, invoice number **, store number BB127295 located on 550 Broadway in Denver. The technician advised me the security system I had installed at Car Toys may be the problem and suggested I uninstall the Car Toys security System I had installed and rewire the truck back to manufacturing settings because this may be causing a battery drain. TSI uninstalled the Car for Toys security system for $474.71 (see receipt dated 1/3/22 attached). After uninstalling the security system, the problem persisted. The Technician advised me to have the ABS module replaced.

I asked him how much would it cost me to do this? He called the Ford Dealership and they told him an ABS module would cost close to $1000 dollars. He then told me he would charge me $1000 plus labor. I asked him when he could install the ABS Module for me and he told me it would not be for another two to three months, because he had backlogs of work to do first? He told me to bring the Truck back in a few months. During the summer of 2022, I eventually purchased the ABS control module. It cost me $2000 for parts and labor to install. This resolved the warning light problems I was getting on the control panel. The problem I had with the battery going dead persisted when I parked the truck and left it sit overnight. At this point I was dumbfounded and frustrated after weeks and months of dealing with this problem so, I decided to seek an electrical specialist out.

On (11/14/22) I called Merrill Auto Electric, on 2525 Kipling Street in Lakewood Colorado and the technician told me to bring it in that morning and leave it with him. I took the truck in that same morning and spoke to Art. After talking to him he told me he would charge me $150 an hour to find the problem and sometimes it could take up to 20 hours to find a parasitic leak. He told me with the advent of computer technology ascertaining the problem could be very difficult and take time because they had to wait until the problem occurred to find the source. He said because the problem occurred sporadically it could take time.

Art told me at this time there was a charging device on the market that I could purchase at NAPA Auto Parts Store that I could install that could possibly be used to keep the battery charged overnights to keep the battery from being drained. He told me that the new computerized vehicles drew small amounts of amps when the car was not being used to sustain the computers. I decided at that point to go to NAPA and inquire about this charger before leaving the truck with Merrill Electric. He said it was very inexpensive and could be an alternative to paying them $150 an hour.

So, I went to a NAPA store on 5310 West 64th Avenue and spoke to the attendant there and she told me she would check the battery for me first and she did. After checking the battery, she told me the voltage level of the DieHard battery was very low and that I should take it back to Advance Auto Parts and get a new one because the warranty had not expired yet. The NAPA technician also told me that the battery may have been sitting on a shelf at the Advance store for a long period and may not have been maintained. She said this may be why it was malfunctioning. So, I left there and went to the Advance store where I purchased the battery on (9/9/21) and spoke to ** who said he was the manager. I told him I was having problems with the battery so; he had his technician go out to the truck to test the battery.

After the technician tested the battery, he told ** the manager that the battery tested good and the alternator tested good also. I told the store manager that NAPA tested the battery and told me the battery was malfunctioning. I asked that the battery be replaced with a new one because it was still under warranty and the store manager refused my request because, he said the technician tested it and said it tested good. I asked him for the corporate office number so I could report the problem to corporate.

I left after he provided me their phone number to the corporate office. According to battery experts “you can leave a brand-new battery for around three months with no lasting damage. Older batteries could go flat in a week if they are in a weak condition. A battery in excellent condition will hold its charge for an extended period. As the battery charge reduces, the acid begins to attack the battery’s metal plates. This causes sulfation, reducing battery life and its ability to hold a charge”. SOURCE: How Long Can a Car Battery Sit Unused-Battery Globe https://batteryglobe.com/how-long-can-a-car-battery-sit-unused

I left the Advance Auto Parts store and went home and called Customer Care at the Advance corporate office (877-238-2623 see email from Brent attached) and got a hold of Brent S. a Customer Care Supervisor (email: aapcustomercare@advance-auto.com) and told him what had transpired earlier. Not one of the Advance Auto representatives ever offered to give me their last names. They only provided first names. I told him that NAPA had advised me to replace the battery because, it appeared to be defective and the manager at the Advance store where I purchased the battery refused to honor the warranty. I told him if they would not honor the warranty I would go back to NAPA and purchase a new one from them. He advised me to go ahead and purchase one from NAPA and to email him the receipt from NAPA and he would refund my money to me.

I sent him the purchase receipt from NAPA for $243.19 (see attached receipt invoice number **). A few days afterwards I received a check via UPS from Advanced Auto Business Support for $234.10 (see attached check number **). After purchasing the new battery from NAPA and installing the battery I have never had the battery go dead overnight since. It was below 12% Fahrenheit in Denver a few days ago and the truck started right up without a problem after sitting overnight.

“For a time, DieHard batteries were also manufactured by Exide. In March 2001, Exide pleaded guilty to fraud conspiracy charges and agreed to pay a fine of $27.5 million to end a federal criminal investigation into auto-battery sales to customers of Sears, Roebuck & Company. The case rose from investigations and accusations that Exide conspired with Sears to sell used batteries as new to Sears customers and that Exide officials had paid bribes to conceal the fraud. Diehard battery afterward returned to Johnson Controls. Advance Auto Parts announced on December 23, 2019 that it had bought the DieHard Brand for $200 million.” Die Hard (brand) – Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DieHard

When Advance Auto Parts sold me the DieHard Battery, I assumed it was of the upmost quality because of DieHard's past history. The original DieHard batteries had an unlimited warranty because the original manufacturer built a product that would last. The DieHard battery Advance Auto Parts is selling is a DieHard by name only and has a limited two-year warranty. The original manufacturer does not produce this battery any longer. Advance Auto is misrepresenting the facts to the consumer by selling a product that has a brand name that does not hold true its original standard. NAPA said the DieHard battery that Advance Auto Parts sold to me on 9/9/2021 was not properly maintained.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

I had a very hard time to return a product to store #05161 because of the no good experience and training of the manager from store #05161. The policy of NY state is that you are able to return a product within 30 days of its purchase. I had a very difficult time to return a product within 20 minutes of my purchase since there was something wrong with my car and not the product. Advance Auto Parts PLEASE TRAIN YOUR MANAGERS. I WILL NEVER EVER SHOP AT THIS STORE AGAIN.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Unfortunately after decades of purchasing parts, tools and accessories for my business I will no longer put up with these tactics that Advance uses to make sales. On multiple occasions if I'm not careful I end up purchasing the wrong items due to AAP tactics on google. Watch it when you google your parts and a similar one almost identical is in the AAP link at less than 1/2 the price, be careful with these people, without purchasing anything google it when Advance comes up with a deal that you can't refuse. You will see later that the part is not for the vehicle you stated. If you screwed up and purchased the item due to the fake price GOOD LUCK. You will need it. Buy your parts from a well known auto parts or order it. You will pay less and buy what you need. I know that this threat is confusing but I tried to explain it the best way I can, bottom line is the price on the ad is not what you will pay, ok.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

My car needed a new CV axle, but the mechanic couldn't source one for at least a week, so I went to Advance Auto, Lynnwood. They sold me a defective axle that I drove for a couple weeks when the mechanic noticed on a different repair that the CV axle was leaking fluids all over the frame of my car. Luckily, it didn't fail on the freeway. Advanced Auto agreed to provide a new axle but refused to pay the $300 it cost to replace the defective axle they sold me originally, not to mention the time and gas it cost to drive across the city to fix their mistake. When I got back to the mechanic, they immediately noticed the replacement axle was dented, though they were luckily able to fix it in the shop. I understand mistakes are made, but the management at Advance Auto, Lynnwood is unwilling to take responsibility.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

This has really been on my mind for very long time and I need to vent it out. I got some Cadillac converter from Advance Auto Parts on my Macdale Boulevard. After the purchase I realized I didn’t need it no more. I went back to the store manager she refuse to give me my money back saying that I’m trying to Steal parts from the store and that the part I was given was not the same. One returned. However going back-and-forth they did not give me the money. She stole my money and it was never returned. The only thing the manager told me was that they Cannot give my money back.

I will never ever purchase anything like part from this store. It hurt so much. She can have the money and May God the Almighty give us the truth. So whenever you get a part from them open it in the store and make sure that you got what you paid for. As it said you will never know a person true character until it done to you. Be careful what you do to others. Don’t think someone is a thief when you never saw him/she stealing. However, ADVANCE AUTO on Macdale is not my cup of tea anymore for part.

Original review: July 28, 2022

I ordered parts this morning for pick up at Car Quest Santa Ana. I got there and they had no record or idea what I was talking about even though I had my confirmation email and order number with me. I reordered and waited, took about 1/2 hour to get order paperwork together and 5 minutes to leave. Good discount though it seems no value placed on my time. Would've been great if they had they're ** together.

Advance Auto Parts author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information