Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.48/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Went in to grab new headlights on 12/9/19 just before closing, was greeted by 2 guys, gentleman named John waited till I was checked out and said as I was walking out the door, "ma'am, if you pull up I'LL change that for you quick!" (It was closing time), but he took the time to come out and change my headlight, in the rain, to save me a chance of a ticket on the way home! Great service! Thank you sir! I'd also like to mention that the second employee took the time also at closing to do a battery check for the woman behind me! BOTH with a smile and BOTH without a complaint that it was "closing time". I've worked retail for many years and I can tell you that it takes a special employee to go above and beyond especially when it's finally time to go HOME! You BOTH deserve some recognition and maybe even a raise! Great hires for SURE! Hope they stay because I'LL definitely stay a customer for THAT kind of service!

Original review: June 3, 2019

I had to write about my recent experience with Advance Auto Parts In Palm Coast Florida. It was late in the day & very very hot outside. I called the store asking if they could help with my daughter's Nissan A/C unit was blowing air hotter than the 96 degrees outside & she had a long trip back to college that evening. I spoke to Ken at the front counter & he said bring the car there. Even though it was later in the day, there was no hesitation in offering to help. He immediately began to diagnose the problem & I knew for sure he had automotive skills just by watching his process. It is rare to find store employees that jump at the chance to help when they are already almost at closing time. No hesitation at all. Bravo to you Ken for showing your heart in this matter.

In addition, the car needed wiper blades & sure enough, the young lady Debbie working there comes out with new wiper blades and proceeds to install them. I have a heart condition so the heat was really affecting me. They just went about making the phrase customer service proud again. I believe in customer service above all sales & ads. Customer service will build a foundation to last an eternity. Bravo Ken & Debbie for your kind gesture. I hope the managers reading this review will pay this message forward in recognizing the service I received from this store. This was not the first time. I was there with my son's BMW & received the same level of service. A great store that aims to please.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Drove from North Carolina to Olean, New York to work on my dad's 2005 Dodge Ram. The truck needed brakes, calipers, rotors and shocks. While I was going back to turn in the calipers for the core I noticed that one of the new calipers were leaking at the bleed valve. Frustrated I checked the bleeder and it was leaked through the center so we determined it was a faulty part. The truck was unsafe to drive and they couldn’t get another part until the next day.

My elderly dad who has a bad knee and walks with a cane was with me and we were stranded. There was an employee that was off that day gave my dad and I a ride home in his personal vehicle. The employees last name was **. Thought I would let you know of what a great team you have in Olean. They did everything they could to make sure my situation was taken care of. Please acknowledge them that they are doing a good job. None of these employees knew me since I live in North Carolina but they treated me and my dad with the best of customer service.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I’ve been having some concerns with my 2013 6.2L V8 motor. I frequently shop between AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts and I’ve always believed Advance Auto Parts to be a step ahead- but never had any reasoning to justify it until now. I went into the Newark NY store this evening and met a gentleman by the name of Kyle who I spoke to on the phone about some spark plugs and head gasket information. I insisted that my motor was a 6.2L V8 because that was how it was sold to me at the dealer- and the sticker under the hood confirmed that as well as the dealer info.

Kyle took one glance at my motor and informed me it was indeed a 5.0 liter. So apparently the salesperson at the dealership misdirected me into buying it as a different motor. I purchased the truck for my fiancé at the time so I never really questioned it. Kyle not only pointed me in the right direction but he wouldn’t allow me to buy the gasket sealer I wanted because he insisted it would never work with the type of gasket material my motor had. Turns out the hood had been replaced (even though I bought the truck brand new). He showed me how it had been painted. He said sometimes it happens when they ship them on a tractor trailer - someone should inform the dealership of that!

Kyle literally saved my motor and my life. The level of expertise that was bestowed upon me by this gentleman is the same reason I go to church. He actually cared and you know; it’s hard to put a value on that. Invaluable expertise to say the least. I am in debt to this gentleman and because of that- I’m now strictly an Advance Auto Parts guy for life.

I can’t thank you enough Kyle. Somebody should recognize when customer service exceeds the boundaries of everyday transactions. This guy deserves a raise and some serious recognition for his level of expertise. I would’ve never gotten this type of service through AutoZone- they just do not have the knowledge and your company should be proud of that. It takes a lot to impress me. Kyle blew me away- and he did it with kindness and professionalism that I was beginning to fear no longer existed in this community of auto parts sales. It’s all about sales right? I beg to differ. It’s about caring and being honest. You need more than 5 stars for situations like this! Fantastic experience!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I live in Rockford, MI and every time I go into this store Advance Auto Parts Store 6355 2800 10 MILE ROAD NE ROCKFORD, MI 49341. They always take GREAT care of me. One employee I look for is **. He always knows his stuff. He is honest when he talks to me and gives me options. Today I needed a new battery for my 2014 Honda so I had my wife follow me to the store. We had our 5 kids in the car and since it was going to be a few minutes I paid for the battery, gave him my keys and went to breakfast with my kids. When we got back battery was in the van and the keys were at the counter. I just want to thank him for going above and beyond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

I bought a remanufactured starter and alternator for my Acura MDX and both failed right away. I had to get the car towed back to my house. It seems like they are not rebuilding the parts, just painting them and putting them in a box.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I've been going to Advanced Auto Parts for years and with good reason. George is the mgr of store 9469 in Palm Bay, Florida. Excellent service always; installs my wiper blades and my car batteries as well. Every employee has always been helpful, friendly and courteous. The store is always busy so I think locals must agree with me. Thank you George and staff!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

First trip out I dealt with a rude person at the front. He greeted me by continuing to play his game on his phone l, then he wasn’t knowledgeable about any parts so he turned to screen over to me and told me to pick. When he found out that they don’t carry the gap coins, he still proceeded to Walk to the back to get me the parts that weren’t pregapped. I had to call home back to the front to look up pregapped and he didn’t know the difference. So I ended up having to get the original ones and drive to wonderful Auto Zone go get the coin.

While I was paying I asked the guy for a lube pack for the parts and he didn’t say nothing and looked away. So I asked the other employee and the rude guy gave said that he told me he was going to give me one and didn’t know why I was asking someone else about it! I sent in a request on FB messenger to speak to someone about him and no one called me back about it. Then I had to exchange one part the same night because it was broken. He gave me and my sister a messed up look and got us a manager.

My 3rd experience was even worse. I called to order Kore parts and the first person I talked to said they had one each at 4 locations and could pick them up and have them ready by 3pm. He then transferred me to I guess the parts guy and he said he’d transfer them over have and them in by 5pm same day. I asked if I needed to pay for it and he said I could pay when I picked them up. I called to check I them 15 'til 5 and the other employee knew nothing about it and it was never ordered and he couldn’t help me with it. I was so mad, I just called and ordered them through Auto Zone. I will never deal with Adv Auto Parts ever again!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

My daughter needed new windshield wipers for her vehicle. We stopped at Advance Auto Parts in Vincennes In on Hart street. 2 really nice guys Josh and Terry installed them for us. They were very knowledgable and one of the wipers WOULDN'T come off. They didn’t give up but spent 10 minutes getting that one wiper off. They were so kind and we really appreciated their help. I will go there next time. I stopped at a particular service center recently and they said they didn’t do that for customers. Thank you for having such great workers Josh and Terry.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

On 11/03/19 I visited store# 06187 in Murfreesboro, Tn to purchased a portable heater my transaction # is ** Raymond ** (the racist) While in the store the initial sales person was very helpful, his name was Jacob. I paid 24.13 for the heater and went to my vehicle to install the heater. 10 minutes after installing the heater it quit working and also blew my fuse. I returned back to the store within 30 minutes of the purchase and explained what happened. At this time the person assisting was Ray. He was very rude from the beginning stating in some sort that I did not know how to install it and that it did work.

I explained that it worked for 10 minutes then quit. He then proceed to look at a fuse on the device. He then stated, "Oh yes. The safety fuse was not attached properly from the manufacturer and that is what caused the malfunction and my car fuse to blow." I then asked for a refund and also if they could replace my fuse since this was a defective device. Initially he refuse both and told me to call the manufacturer and file a complaint. The problem is there was no phone number on the packaging. I advised him that is unacceptable and requested my refund.

We went back and forth and finally he said he would refund my money after I said I would call corporate. He then proceeded to tell me that he would not do anything about my fuse. I asked for the manager and he state he was the manager. I then stated how am I going to file a claim with no company info. He then rudely stated he didn't know and that's my problem. Then he stated there is a web address on the back of the package try that.

I was very disappointed in the experience because the service I received was terrible and it was coming from someone the company chose to have represent them as a manager. Needless to say I went next door to O'Reilly's and purchased new fuses and a heater and received better service from a staff member. I would never visit this store again.

Advance Auto Parts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

• Best for: those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs