Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.55/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

343 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 10, 2019

I visited two different stores on this Tuesday morning. I needed a battery for my Volkswagen Jetta, and they told me they could not install it for me. So already late for work I had to make other stops to check for a battery, thank god for the advance in Opelika, Alabama, the employee there sold me a battery, and installed it for me. He couldn't believe they actually told me that. Advance on South College Street in Auburn, Al, I will never take my business to this store. Opelika, Al store #9130, thumbs up to this employee for the all the help. He was so nice and definitely deserves recognition for being so helpful. Thank you L.L.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I had to write about my recent experience with Advance Auto Parts In Palm Coast Florida. It was late in the day & very very hot outside. I called the store asking if they could help with my daughter's Nissan A/C unit was blowing air hotter than the 96 degrees outside & she had a long trip back to college that evening. I spoke to Ken at the front counter & he said bring the car there. Even though it was later in the day, there was no hesitation in offering to help. He immediately began to diagnose the problem & I knew for sure he had automotive skills just by watching his process. It is rare to find store employees that jump at the chance to help when they are already almost at closing time. No hesitation at all. Bravo to you Ken for showing your heart in this matter.

In addition, the car needed wiper blades & sure enough, the young lady Debbie working there comes out with new wiper blades and proceeds to install them. I have a heart condition so the heat was really affecting me. They just went about making the phrase customer service proud again. I believe in customer service above all sales & ads. Customer service will build a foundation to last an eternity. Bravo Ken & Debbie for your kind gesture. I hope the managers reading this review will pay this message forward in recognizing the service I received from this store. This was not the first time. I was there with my son's BMW & received the same level of service. A great store that aims to please.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Drove from North Carolina to Olean, New York to work on my dad's 2005 Dodge Ram. The truck needed brakes, calipers, rotors and shocks. While I was going back to turn in the calipers for the core I noticed that one of the new calipers were leaking at the bleed valve. Frustrated I checked the bleeder and it was leaked through the center so we determined it was a faulty part. The truck was unsafe to drive and they couldn’t get another part until the next day.

My elderly dad who has a bad knee and walks with a cane was with me and we were stranded. There was an employee that was off that day gave my dad and I a ride home in his personal vehicle. The employees last name was **. Thought I would let you know of what a great team you have in Olean. They did everything they could to make sure my situation was taken care of. Please acknowledge them that they are doing a good job. None of these employees knew me since I live in North Carolina but they treated me and my dad with the best of customer service.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I’ve been having some concerns with my 2013 6.2L V8 motor. I frequently shop between AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts and I’ve always believed Advance Auto Parts to be a step ahead- but never had any reasoning to justify it until now. I went into the Newark NY store this evening and met a gentleman by the name of Kyle who I spoke to on the phone about some spark plugs and head gasket information. I insisted that my motor was a 6.2L V8 because that was how it was sold to me at the dealer- and the sticker under the hood confirmed that as well as the dealer info.

Kyle took one glance at my motor and informed me it was indeed a 5.0 liter. So apparently the salesperson at the dealership misdirected me into buying it as a different motor. I purchased the truck for my fiancé at the time so I never really questioned it. Kyle not only pointed me in the right direction but he wouldn’t allow me to buy the gasket sealer I wanted because he insisted it would never work with the type of gasket material my motor had. Turns out the hood had been replaced (even though I bought the truck brand new). He showed me how it had been painted. He said sometimes it happens when they ship them on a tractor trailer - someone should inform the dealership of that!

Kyle literally saved my motor and my life. The level of expertise that was bestowed upon me by this gentleman is the same reason I go to church. He actually cared and you know; it’s hard to put a value on that. Invaluable expertise to say the least. I am in debt to this gentleman and because of that- I’m now strictly an Advance Auto Parts guy for life.

I can’t thank you enough Kyle. Somebody should recognize when customer service exceeds the boundaries of everyday transactions. This guy deserves a raise and some serious recognition for his level of expertise. I would’ve never gotten this type of service through AutoZone- they just do not have the knowledge and your company should be proud of that. It takes a lot to impress me. Kyle blew me away- and he did it with kindness and professionalism that I was beginning to fear no longer existed in this community of auto parts sales. It’s all about sales right? I beg to differ. It’s about caring and being honest. You need more than 5 stars for situations like this! Fantastic experience!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I live in Rockford, MI and every time I go into this store Advance Auto Parts Store 6355 2800 10 MILE ROAD NE ROCKFORD, MI 49341. They always take GREAT care of me. One employee I look for is **. He always knows his stuff. He is honest when he talks to me and gives me options. Today I needed a new battery for my 2014 Honda so I had my wife follow me to the store. We had our 5 kids in the car and since it was going to be a few minutes I paid for the battery, gave him my keys and went to breakfast with my kids. When we got back battery was in the van and the keys were at the counter. I just want to thank him for going above and beyond.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We went to the local Advance Auto Parts to replace our car OEM battery which was 6 yrs old. The clerk suggested the Autocraft 121R1 battery, and installed in our car in Nov. 2016. After parking our car in a hotel indoor garage in NJ for 8 days, the car failed to start as that Autocraft battery was DEAD. Fortunately, the hotel we stayed had a battery charger to charge it up so that we could start our car and drove to a closest Auto Zone store to buy a replacement battery. This Advance Auto Parts Autocraft has a life less than 1/2 of our OEM battery which lasted 6 yrs. So, we paid $130 to get a junk. We have own cars for many decades, and this is the first time we run into a car battery that lasts less than 3 yrs, and it is from Advance Auto Parts. NO MORE Advance Auto Parts for our future business.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I have a commercial account with Advance and purchased an alternator from the Columbia Md store. Took it to a shop that's been in business over 40 years. The shop installed the part and I was told it was bad. I went to the shop where they showed me the battery light still on and on their computer proof the alternator was not charging. I took the part back where they put it on some outdated looking machine where it said "GOOD". There were no meters or printout to prove this outcome and the part was not in a car. I even had the shops invoice. No more dealings with Advance.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

This company sold me a product, and I came back in 15 minutes and they refused to refund me the money, and it was the same sales associate. Their prices are high, I will never ever shop at this store in McKinney, Texas.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I took a starter with a Bad solenoid and if you know about solenoids they work at will! They tested worked that minute. They didn't give me credit or another starter.. Don't buy from this guys! Is not a serious store..my store was in Laredo TX and the store manager's name was Carlos.. on Zapata hwy. Crappy store! Hope He gets Fired!

Original review: July 20, 2019

I purchased 6 NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs at the Holcomb Bridge store (6904) in Norcross GA, 2 weeks ago. A trusted mechanic installed the spark plugs in my vehicle, and they were defective. He showed me the numerous cylinder misfire codes. He boxed up the plugs I brought, and ordered the exact same plugs from his supplier. Once installed, they ended up working just fine. I took the defective plugs back to the Norcross store, and was told by an extremely rude store manager that they do not accept parts once they have been installed. How should anyone know OEM spark plugs are going to be defective and throw engine codes before installing them?

Either way I am now stuck with 6 expensive yet defective spark plugs sold by Advance Auto Parts. That fact coupled with the rude and condescending customer service from a store manager is enough to steer myself, my mechanic, and everyone I know away from Advance Auto Parts. I have had nothing but stellar customer service experiences at both AutoZone and O'Reilly and will be taking my business there from now on.

Advance Auto Parts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

• Best for: those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs