Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
3.63/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

334 Advance Auto Parts Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 3, 2019

I had to write about my recent experience with Advance Auto Parts In Palm Coast Florida. It was late in the day & very very hot outside. I called the store asking if they could help with my daughter's Nissan A/C unit was blowing air hotter than the 96 degrees outside & she had a long trip back to college that evening. I spoke to Ken at the front counter & he said bring the car there. Even though it was later in the day, there was no hesitation in offering to help. He immediately began to diagnose the problem & I knew for sure he had automotive skills just by watching his process. It is rare to find store employees that jump at the chance to help when they are already almost at closing time. No hesitation at all. Bravo to you Ken for showing your heart in this matter.

In addition, the car needed wiper blades & sure enough, the young lady Debbie working there comes out with new wiper blades and proceeds to install them. I have a heart condition so the heat was really affecting me. They just went about making the phrase customer service proud again. I believe in customer service above all sales & ads. Customer service will build a foundation to last an eternity. Bravo Ken & Debbie for your kind gesture. I hope the managers reading this review will pay this message forward in recognizing the service I received from this store. This was not the first time. I was there with my son's BMW & received the same level of service. A great store that aims to please.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Drove from North Carolina to Olean, New York to work on my dad's 2005 Dodge Ram. The truck needed brakes, calipers, rotors and shocks. While I was going back to turn in the calipers for the core I noticed that one of the new calipers were leaking at the bleed valve. Frustrated I checked the bleeder and it was leaked through the center so we determined it was a faulty part. The truck was unsafe to drive and they couldn’t get another part until the next day.

My elderly dad who has a bad knee and walks with a cane was with me and we were stranded. There was an employee that was off that day gave my dad and I a ride home in his personal vehicle. The employees last name was **. Thought I would let you know of what a great team you have in Olean. They did everything they could to make sure my situation was taken care of. Please acknowledge them that they are doing a good job. None of these employees knew me since I live in North Carolina but they treated me and my dad with the best of customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I’ve been having some concerns with my 2013 6.2L V8 motor. I frequently shop between AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts and I’ve always believed Advance Auto Parts to be a step ahead- but never had any reasoning to justify it until now. I went into the Newark NY store this evening and met a gentleman by the name of Kyle who I spoke to on the phone about some spark plugs and head gasket information. I insisted that my motor was a 6.2L V8 because that was how it was sold to me at the dealer- and the sticker under the hood confirmed that as well as the dealer info.

Kyle took one glance at my motor and informed me it was indeed a 5.0 liter. So apparently the salesperson at the dealership misdirected me into buying it as a different motor. I purchased the truck for my fiancé at the time so I never really questioned it. Kyle not only pointed me in the right direction but he wouldn’t allow me to buy the gasket sealer I wanted because he insisted it would never work with the type of gasket material my motor had. Turns out the hood had been replaced (even though I bought the truck brand new). He showed me how it had been painted. He said sometimes it happens when they ship them on a tractor trailer - someone should inform the dealership of that!

Kyle literally saved my motor and my life. The level of expertise that was bestowed upon me by this gentleman is the same reason I go to church. He actually cared and you know; it’s hard to put a value on that. Invaluable expertise to say the least. I am in debt to this gentleman and because of that- I’m now strictly an Advance Auto Parts guy for life.

I can’t thank you enough Kyle. Somebody should recognize when customer service exceeds the boundaries of everyday transactions. This guy deserves a raise and some serious recognition for his level of expertise. I would’ve never gotten this type of service through AutoZone- they just do not have the knowledge and your company should be proud of that. It takes a lot to impress me. Kyle blew me away- and he did it with kindness and professionalism that I was beginning to fear no longer existed in this community of auto parts sales. It’s all about sales right? I beg to differ. It’s about caring and being honest. You need more than 5 stars for situations like this! Fantastic experience!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I live in Rockford, MI and every time I go into this store Advance Auto Parts Store 6355 2800 10 MILE ROAD NE ROCKFORD, MI 49341. They always take GREAT care of me. One employee I look for is **. He always knows his stuff. He is honest when he talks to me and gives me options. Today I needed a new battery for my 2014 Honda so I had my wife follow me to the store. We had our 5 kids in the car and since it was going to be a few minutes I paid for the battery, gave him my keys and went to breakfast with my kids. When we got back battery was in the van and the keys were at the counter. I just want to thank him for going above and beyond.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

After leaving O'Reilly Auto and not getting the help I needed I went to Advance Auto in Westminster Co 80021. In 5 minutes Frank ** helped me and now I know what part I need to buy. It really made my day and I want to make sure that he is recognized for the good customer service he gave me. After spending lots of money at O'Reilly I now will be paying my parts from you guys because of Frank and also the lady that first helped me. She also took the time to figure out what I might need. I just didn't get her name. Please make sure Frank's boss gets this message.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: June 13, 2019

They will replace them only once under lifetime warranty. Driveworks Upper control arms from Advance wear out in about a year. Had to replace them twice already and passenger side has worn out again. What good is lifetime warranty. Complete junk.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I am highly disappointed going into this store. They don't keep it well stocked out on the floor. Dirty at times! Staff is not that knowledgeable about parts. Seems they rely on the computer too much. I DON'T UNDERSTAND what the deal is with the lady behind the counter. She is never happy. She is short... has body odor off of her. She acts like she is the manager!! However I know that Rob is but he sure doesn't act like it!! She is rude to him. Tells him what to do. Poor management and no teamwork at this store. They act as if it's a job. Nothing else. I only go in if I truly have to or I am willing to go the extra mile to another competitive store!! I truly believe that someone from corporate needs to make a surprise visit undercover to this location or they will continue to lose business. I have told people to try their best to avoid this location. Go to their other locations.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I came in hearing my alternator was going bad, so I replaced it, then it became my battery, but when I came in and was curious about my alternator being tested on the machine vs on my car, the machine inside their store read that it was perfect and passed consecutively their test in there. Now that I got both the battery and alternator put on, now I’m hearing it’s my battery being overly charged or something. The mechanic tells me my battery's perfectly fine. So I’m not sure about the lies and the bull from this company anymore.

Original review: May 13, 2019

This has been the worst experience ever!!! My battery had to be charged to get here. I thought they could put a battery in with no problem. No, they said it had to be put in at the dealership. They tried to jump me off, but failed. I’m waiting for my husband to drive 55 miles to jump me off because they are too stupid. I can’t roll my window up because I have no power. I asked the guy inside if he could just check on my car while I went next door to get in the air conditioning. He said, “No”. Never, ever, will I go to any Advanced Auto Parts store. I will walk before I grace their presence again. Oh and did I mention there were at least 5 employees that I saw and one customer besides me.

Original review: May 9, 2019

This time, the 5th and final time I will ever go there again, I purchased a cheap oil filter, supposedly the exact same one at the exact same price, but what do you know, it was over double what I paid about two months ago so I called to ask why and just wound up going back for total refund. Apparently the one I got last time was not what I ordered, the only difference was quality and the color. It took three cashiers to finally be able to explain the difference and were real stuck up about it.

I am just tired of being mislead by Advance Auto employees (many other auto stores also), do your research and pay attention to the exact color (blue oil filters cost more than the red ones. Go figure?) and everything else of parts you are given at Advance Auto Parts stores because when employees go to the back to get the part it will probably be the wrong part and as usual you never know until it's too late. Even when they look stuff up on their counter screens they seem to get it wrong and hope customers don't notice.

Advance Auto Parts expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

• Best for: those who want reliable basic parts and accessories and assistance with selection or installation.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs