3.5/5 (1265 reviews)

About Advance Auto Parts

Advance Auto Parts sells parts and accessories for cars, trucks and motorcycles. Online customers can filter search results by the make and model of their vehicle to find parts that fit. In-store pickup and online delivery are available for most products. Consumers can return or exchange any of their purchases within 45 days with proof of purchase.

Advance Auto Parts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Advance Auto Parts?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2023

Samuel ** Jr. at store #3919 could not have been nicer or more helpful. He went the extra mile to make sure that I had everything I needed. He walked me through adding oil and other fluids in my car. Answered my many questions with a smile. Could not have been a better experience. Others could learn from Samuel.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Today I was having some issues with my car. I was very frustrated by the time I got into Advanced Auto Parts at 380 W 434 in Winter Springs, Fl 32708. I was in tears. I want to Thank the manager ** and ** for helping me solve my solution. I can't thank them enough. Very kind people working here and deserve to be noticed as such.

Get buying tips about Auto Parts and Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

After searching the web for days I tried Advance and couldn't be happier with their product. The heater core I bought for my 1989 S10 is EXACTLY like the OEM part in every way only with a better solder at the tubes! Thanks Advance Auto Parts!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I purchased a battery for my car; a gentleman by the name of Guy at 1509 Easton Rd in Willow Grove, Pa. offered the BEST customer service! He was very attentive, helpful, and he knew his stuff! Although this Advance Auto is not near where I live, I will travel the little distance just for this type of service. People have horrible customer service these days, but Guy showed me that there are still people who have been trained in how to treat customers. Thanks Guy!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

I needed help with a problem with my 1999 jeep Cherokee classic. The people there were very helpful and I was incredibly pleased when I left. This was not a easy problem to solve but I felt that there was no trouble. They made my experience easy and saved me money. I shop at this store for the customer service and will continue to.

Original review: March 17, 2023

We purchased a Diehard Platinum AGM Group 34 battery after reading good reviews. When we got home the battery indicated 12.3 volts-we charged it three times to 100% but after a few hours it dropped down to 12.4-would not hold a charge. After driving all day with this battery it showed 12.3 volts- in the next AM it showed 12.1 and even went down to 11.9. Called Support at Advance Auto Parts and they virtually were unknowledgeable about their product. When we asked what was the resting voltage on this battery they proceeded to read off a spec sheets that was on the internet-asked for someone more knowledgeable and we told no one. Finally received a refund from the store where purchased-they were good but not the support staff. Bad product. Would never trust it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2023

First, they don't know what they are selling. Second, they sell Chinese junk at twice the price of the original parts. Of course, these fake parts don't work or can't be installed. When you try to return them, they say you damaged them when you tried to install them. The next day I bought original parts, which I installed without a problem. Before buying parts from Advance Auto Parts, check the prices online or at other stores. I will never buy parts from them again!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Ordered 4 wheel covers for my car. They felt rather cheaply made but looked nice. Less than 4 mos later I noticed that one was missing. I hadn't hit anything to cause that. When I called Advance Auto they said I had to buy a whole new set of 4. They would not sell or replace the one that fell off. I felt disappointed enough to write this complaint hoping to dissuade others from using this Co. for online purchases. Thank you, Consumer Affairs for the platform to do it. Dan **

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

I have shopped with them for more than 15 years but recently they sold me a part that failed shortly after installation. It happened when my daughter was in another town and it cost four times the cost of the failed part to get the vehicle fixed at a local shop in the town. Advance Auto refused to refund the cost of the part or give me a credit. They would only offer a replacement part, which, in these circumstances, is not reasonable. No one had the flexibility or foresight to give me a refund, either in the local store or on line. I have done good business with them in the past and usually their parts are good, but being out so much money, I decided to switch to Napa and Autozone, and ended my on line account, which I used regularly for maintenance on our five cars.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Your store in Milwaukee Oregon on McLoughlin Blvd has very poor customer service. I have gone in before when someone is on the phone with a call that sounded personal and they did not acknowledge me for 15 minutes and I had a question. I vowed to not go back. There is a car that frequently is parked in the handicapped spot and it does not have a placard or any other insignia that would validate it parking there. It is a WRX with anime decals on black paint.

Today my husband parked behind that car and went in to tell the person at the counter and they did not care. We have a placard and the spaces in front of the store were full. The Milwaukee location is closest to home. I would consider going to another location further from home. There is an Auto Zone across the street with excellent customer service. Today is the last day my husband will go to the Advanced Auto Parts in Milwaukee Oregon on McLaughlin Blvd. That store has let both of us down.

Advance Auto Parts author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1932, Advance Auto Parts is North America’s largest aftermarket automotive parts and accessories provider. It has over 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Canada. It also offers an online store featuring a large selection of products including air, exhaust, navigation, engine parts, drivetrain, tools, fluids and much more.

• Reliable selection: Advance Auto Parts specializes in all the parts and accessories you need to maintain your vehicle’s appearance and performance. It carries all the basics for general vehicle owners at reasonable prices.

• Convenient website: Advance Auto Parts allows users to customize their online shopping experience by creating an account and saving up to nine vehicles to the account. That means you can store the make, model and year of all your vehicles and receive product recommendations that will work for you.

• In-store services: Advance Auto Parts offers customers free oil and battery recycling, electrical testing, windshield wiper installation with purchase and loaner tools. These services can be especially helpful for those who might need a bit of guidance with vehicle care.

• Convenient retail locations: With over 5,200 retail locations, Advance Auto Parts likely has a store near you. You can use the online store location finder to find a convenient location, find out whether your product is available in store, then order and pay online.

• Earn rewards: Advance Auto Parts’ rewards programs can help save you money on your auto purchases. You can refer a friend and receive a $10 coupon after their first order (your friend will receive $30). You can also join the Speed Perks program to earn points for your purchases, which can be redeemed for dollars off future purchases.

Advance Auto Parts Company Information