Car Computer Exchange

Compare Auto Accessories

Research top Auto Accessories recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am very displeased with this company. The claim is that the units being purchased are 'Plug and Play'. Yet, I had 3 different units sent to me, each taking over a week to receive, and neither one of them worked. They continued to say it was something wrong with my security system. I finally hired someone locally to reprogram the computer and they said the previous programming was all off for my vehicle. I called Car Computer Exchange to let them know this information. I spoke to Patrice. She told me there was nothing they can offer me in terms of refund for sending non-working units. On top of it all, because I had to reprogram the computer, they voided my warranty and then she HUNG UP ON ME! Completely dissatisfied with this company and I hope they learn some better customer service skills!

I order a PCM for a GMC. They told me it was plug 'n play. When arrived I connect it and it didn't work so I called them. They said "You need to programmed by open the switch 3 times for 10 minutes each periods" but it didn't worked. Send it back and they last 3 weeks for telling me that they were having problems with GM programming system. They send back the core (updated) and his useless PCM. It's been 8 months. They said hope the core can work with the updated and the other PCM I need to programmed. So it's a steal. Don't do business with this guys. Better go dealership or eBay. At least with eBay you get your money back.

I contacted this company via the internet to purchase an engine controller for a 2007 Chrysler Sebring. They sent me the 1st unit on 3/18/16, upon arrival we installed the part and had a control problem with the transmission which wasn't there prior to installing this controller (PO765 error code). After contacting them I sent back the 1st controller and they sent me a 2nd controller on 4/1/16. When I installed the 2nd controller there was a different error code (PO760) that sent the car into limping mode. I assumed there was something wrong with the car so I purchased a transmission solenoid pack and the same code was still there.

At this point I called the company about the problem with their computers. I was told by one of their representatives to send back the 2nd computer and they would have one of their techs call me about the problems. I never received a call but I got a 3rd computer on 4/29/16 that I didn't order or expect. I was able to get the customer to reschedule but this took several weeks. I installed this computer and had the same problems. At this point I sent back the final computer and tried to get a refund. I was told I wasn't eligible for a refund since it was over 30 days since I received the 1st computer. All of their computers were sent back to them defective. I am now out $218.95 for the part, labor and diagnostic time and the four times my customer had to return for repairs.

A car computer was purchased from this company in June 2015 for my van g caravan year 2005 and payment was made accordingly and my faulty computer was sent to them as core part. In October 2015 it stopped working. They were informed about the same. They asked to send the PCM back under warranty. They returned the same unit back which never worked. I again contacted them. They wanted complete history which was provided and they asked it will not be accounted against warranty and asked about the security system and type of the key which was provided. The module was shipped to them again and they returned it. This time the car started but on 3 January 2016 it again failed. Now I contacted them. They are not listening and saying that warranty has already been used and trying to blame faulty harness/coil. Thanks.

I ordered this computer and it came. I paid a mechanic to install it and it was faulty. The short story is they sent me 3 computers and none worked. I just bought a computer from Autozone and had it installed. It works great. I tried to get a refund and they will not give it to me. Save yourself time and money. Buy local.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Car Computer Exchange?

Transmission control module went bad just after warranty. I called them. They don't care. It cost $199.00. I call a used car place. They have them for $19.00. That sucks the big one.

Do not order a PCM from this company - go with a local shop or dealer. We waited over a week to get the unit. 3 mechanics (including one at the dealership) said the unit was bad. It took an additional 2 weeks for the car to get fixed - with a PCM from the dealership - and we paid WAY more in labor than if we had just gone with someone local to begin with. This company charged us $100 to return the unit - (for a "flash fee" and a restock fee.) They may be good at other things - but - AVOID ordering a PCM online from them. Horrible experience.

I purchased an ECM for a 2001 Jeep Wrangler on Oct. 2 2014. Car computer exchange didn't have one so they told me that it would take 2 weeks. I received the ECM and installed it. The vehicle ran but didn't have injector pulse on number 2 cylinder. I sent the ECM back along with my core to activate the warranty. I received my core back that was supposedly rebuilt. Number 2 cylinder was fixed but number 3 had a wide pulse. I sent that back and it was returned with the same problem. When I contacted the company they told me that I had no warranty and no refund would be issued.

My 2003 Jeep Cherokee Laredo would not start. Took to dealer and they changed the Fuel Pump, the Crank position sensor and the Cam position sensor - still no start. They told me it had to be the computer, so I ordered one from the Computer Exchange. I installed it and it started but had a code P0601 which is a bad computer. I requested a warranty replacement and they sent another one with 3 different transmission codes. Replaced parts in the transmission and the computer still will not clear codes. Took it back to another mechanic I trust and he said the computer is still bad. The Car Computer Exchange refused to cover the warranty because they said the Jeep damaged the computer. My mechanic ordered another computer from another company and installed it and my Jeep runs like a new car.

I should have read the scam alert before I ordered from these guys. I read others and found out that his real name is Jeremy ** and has served time for scamming others. They said if I send them my Invoice for the repair showing the computer fixed my Jeep they would think about a refund or some kind of credit. I sent it a week ago and now they don't even respond. Guess I can chock this one up to a lesson learned that cost me $229.00 plus all those other parts. I had a 1 Year warranty and only had the computer 4 Months. I think all of us should get together and start a Class Action Lawsuit. I'm still MAD. Don't buy your computer from here.

I own and operate an auto dealership and repair facility. Recently ordered a ECM from car computer exchange and was told that they could not fill my order as they did not have any cores that they were able to be rebuilt. In the mean time they charged my credit card with the purchase price. I then sent them the core out of the vehicle I was repairing and they said that it too was not able to be repaired. So I then ask for a refund and was only refunded a portion of the original purchase price. When I inquired as to the reason I was told that I was charged for the time and resources spent to find out that they couldn't repair the computer that I had sent to them. Really. What a way to run a business. We can't fill your order but we're going to charge you for trying. Never again.

Car Computer Exchange Company Profile