Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.00/5

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Looking for auto and truck accessories?

29 Imperial Car Computer Exchange Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

This company and their product offering sounded like a great idea. It took much longer to get the ECM for my car than they had said it would. When it arrived, my mechanical said it was not programmed as promised. He tried to program it but could not. I emailed several times and called trying to get someone at car computer exchange to talk to my mechanic. It never happened. I called again and they told me to ship the part back and mark REFUND on the box and I would get a refund.

After some time I had received nothing. I emailed them and then did get a portion of my money back. They kept $150. Nothing in any of the paperwork, emails or on line or on the phone said anything about keeping $150 of my money. I am now going to write to my credit card company to see if they can help get the remaining $150 back. Again, it sounded great but it was not. Do not deal with these folks. They also charged the full amount to my credit card the day I ordered the ECM, not when they shipped it. That might have been a clue.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Purchased a PCM for my 99 Durango May 14 2019. It arrived in about a week and would only operate the ignition coil for about 50 seconds then shut down truck getting a no buss display on the dash. I have been nothing but a technician all my 62 years of living. I have scan tools and am aware of the testing procedures needed to diagnose vehicle electrical problems. Keep in mind the original PCM will run this truck indefinitely, it just has no ground control to the purge solenoid. I don't like having an engine light on, so I purchased this PCM from these guys. I sent it back on the 20th of May, and it took over a week for it to arrive at the destination. I called after about 3 days and the girl told me it was defective and they would send another one out to me the next day. I left 5 emails and 7 phone messages with no returns from them.

I called today June 3rd, and the same girl told me the PCM I returned to them checked out OK and they could only return the same one back to me, or give me a half back refund. She claims she didn't recall ever saying it was defective, although she surely had the same name as the Girl that did. Sales, existing orders, and tech support are all go the this same girl that knows nothing except how to be rude and short on the phone to customers. The longer she talks the more ** her language gets, 'til it's not understandable.

So all this time they have been sitting on this defective PCM I returned with no plans to ever call me or contact me in any way. She said they mostly considerate on their incoming calls finally. All electrical circuits and wiring checks out perfect on my truck, but that means nothing to this nasty girl. She just don't care. I am an Automotive Electrical Technician by trade all my life 62 years, and not I have to listen to ghetto language to try to get something done. $257.95 wasted, with no answers for any of my questions, so I turned it into PayPal. How does this society allow a business to operate this way. I am very upset, with my money tied up, for junk yard parts, that they have no knowledge of testing. I had to cancel a trip now because of Imperial Car Computer Exchange.. And why do they operate under two names for 5 years that I know of?? From Joe **.

Get expert buying tips about Auto and Truck Accessories delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We sent in our computer module for repair in January. After about a week we got a message stating that it could not be repaired and they would send our part back to us and refund our money. They refunded half of our money and sent back a part but it wasn’t the one we sent in. We have pictures with serial numbers to prove it. Talked to Brian who asked us to send the incorrect part back to them. Once they received it they refuse to talk to us. It is now the end of May and we still do not have our computer module back. We have been hung up on several times, sent numerous emails with no reply, been told off by their horrible receptionist and have been promised a call back. Needless to say we have never been called. I can not say this enough... DO NOT go through this company!!! We are now going to take legal action. This is totally unacceptable!!

Original review: May 22, 2019

On April 20, 2019, I ordered a ECM/PCM from CarComputerExchange.com/Imperial Auto Services, Cary, N.C. for $264.95. I paid for it with PayPal Credit. It arrived on April 30, 2019, after I installed it my 2009 Dodge Ram, it ran worse than my original ECM. Way to lean and was killing my battery. I put my original back in, it ran better except for the misfires. I sent it back and they recv'd it on May 2, 2019, I asked for a full refund of $263.95. After several attempts to find out where my refund was, I finally recv'd a partial refund two weeks later. I checked my PayPal account to find that they had only refunded me $123.95, they kept my $140.00 with no explanation as to why. On May 21, 2019, I filed a dispute with PayPal Credit to get to get the rest of my refund.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I exchanged mine 3x. My truck wouldn't start for any of them. By the time I got the last one that didn't work, my 60 day return policy expired. They ended up keeping the part, my money and stopped responding to my emails.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Imperial Car Computer Exchange?

Original review: April 3, 2019

Go with any company other than this one. Sent ecm in for repair, got it back and it didn’t work, no reply to emails or return of phone calls. I don’t believe they did anything to the ecm other than put a sticker on it and return it. Don’t waste your time and money on this place.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Ordered an ECM for my 2008 Dodge 3500 6.7L. Was told it would be here in a week. A month later it shows up. Take it to my diesel mechanic and it doesn't work. Sent it back in November of 2018. To this day still haven't received my product. Have been told by Brian, that they are working on some. And he would call back. Nobody has ever called back. I call about 3 times a week. The past 3 weeks Brian is unavailable. Nobody can tell me anything about my ECM. Do not do business here. Spend the extra money and get it somewhere else. 5 months my dually has been sitting. Imperial Car Computer Exchange is not a reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I ordered a ECM and received a PCM. I called and was told the ECM was more money and when they received the PCM back that amount would be credited toward the ECM I needed. I said no problem. When they received the part they charged me the difference ($345.28). After several days I called and was told they did not have the part I needed. I then told them to cancel the order and refund my credit card. To date I was charged $569.68 for the wrong part, $345.28 for the part they did not have and was never sent to me, I received a credit for $308.95. They are charging me $606.00 for a part that cost $569.68 and was returned to them. I have been calling almost daily only to be told they will look into it and call me back. It's been two months and no callback. THIS IS NOT RIGHT. I won't give in.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I ordered a PCM in March. I sent them a photo of the VIN number to make sure it would be keyed properly. It wasn't keyed at all. I was sent a refurbished PCM, was told to pay a locksmith to have it keyed and it would work. I paid $110 to a locksmith, and the PCM didn't work. I then sent them the one from my car to refurbish. They did refurbish it, and sent it back to me. It failed again in October. I spoke with Brian and he assured me that it was covered and that they would get this fixed and back to me right away. I let him know that he needed to fix mine and mail it back, DO NOT SEND ME A DIFFERENT ONE. They sent a different one. They now expect me to pay a locksmith $110 again to try and key the car with no guarantee that it will work.

I have asked Brian to please guarantee me that it will work, or that they would pay the next locksmith fee if it did not, they said no. I asked for a refund, they said no. I now have a 2000 lb paperweight in my driveway with no working PCM. I have been calling for a week straight with no luck. Each time I call I am assured that Brian or the owner would call me back the same day... They never do. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I ordered a Dakota RT in 1999 and have had it ever since. For Christmas, I decided to order a backup ECM to have on the shelf, and if lucky the flash would be an upgrade to my OEM. Well, once I read the BS from ICCE I knew I had picked the wrong folks to deal with. It contained a full list of untruths concerning modules. Modules withstand tremendous loading in crashes and all sorts of cleaners and solvents and despite what the vendor claims, I have yet to see a sensor foul a module. The vendor makes it plain, in the packaging, (nowhere on the website) if anything goes wrong with your purchased module, it is your fault... My shipment was damaged but I feel certain it had nothing to do with the "correctly" installed ICCE brick. And a brick it was. My 360 Magnum did not even try to start, though it did try to backfire.

I have no clue what this brick they sent goes to but it is not what I ordered. It is frustrating to take several hours out of a few hours vacation...wasted on junk! I reinstalled my OEM (which in 20 years has only thrown one code). It fired right off. It is certain, after reading dozens and dozens of reviews this evening, ICCE does not care about good business practice. Folks, I grew up around a working garage as a child and studied math and engineering in college. The product I was sent was junk when it left their possession. Please think before you do any business with these folks! Thanks for your time.

Imperial Car Computer Exchange expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Imperial Car Computer Exchange is an automotive computer parts supplier in Raleigh, North Carolina. They specialize in refurbishing and exchanging computers. Customers can order online and receive a programmed, ready-to-use computer in days.

• Selection of products: Imperial Car Computer exchange specializes in computers for Dodge, Jeep and Chrysler vehicles but also carries a selection of parts for other makes including select models of Plymouth, Ford, Honda, Lexus and Toyota. They also offer select programming tools and battery chargers.

• Free technical support: Because most computer parts are reprogrammed and ready to plug-and-play, customers can generally install the part themselves. If you have questions about the technical process while installing the part, you can call their representatives and receive customized support.

• One year warranty for exchanges: Customers who opt to send in their old computer parts receive a free one-year warranty on their new or refurbished purchase. Imperial Car Computer Exchange provides a prepaid return shipping label to make the exchange process simple. If your new or refurbished computer fails within a year of exchange, they will replace it.

• Payment options: Imperial Car Computer Exchange makes online shopping simple with several payment options. They accept all major credit cards, PayPal, wire transfer, check or money order. Contact the company through its website to ask about mailed payments.

• Fast shipment: This company specializes in fast shipment: your purchase will be programmed, customized and shipped within 1 to 2 business days of your order. Because Imperial uses USPS Priority mail, if you are located in the continental United States, your shipment will arrive within days of your original order.

• Best for: owners of major vehicle makes who want to install computer parts themselves.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs