Nutrisystem Reviews

About Nutrisystem

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable
Cons
  • No in-person support

Nutrisystem Reviews

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 0%
  • 0%
  • 10%
  • 89%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2022

I started the Nutrisystem diet over the weekend. I am taking in more fat, more calories, more cholesterol, more sodium, more carbs and less protein than the diet I was using before this. Plus, the food tastes of nothing, or worse! I workout 3 days per week, walk regularly and drink between 80 and 100 ounces of water per day. This diet is not a good one. I am following the plan and eating more food now that I had previously! The food tastes terrible!

Hello Al,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the plan. We appreciate the feedback.

Please remember that you can edit your orders to fit your likes and needs. If you need any assistance with this or anything else, you can call 1-800-585-5483, option 2, or send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.

Have a great day!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2022

After giving this a shot again after my first time was so successful, I was excited to try again. The food is just plain terrible now though. Overpriced. And the company's customer service department is non existent. You can't even cancel your membership yourself-- you have to be able to sit on the phone for hours or use the website chat and literally demand that these people stop charging your credit card. This has really become a scam. Hopefully today was the last time I have to ask them to cancel, not ever get a confirmation, then get charged again and sent another huge package of terrible food we won't eat. I will be putting a stop on my cards so they can't charge again in the future. Such a joke. Stay away!! You've been warned!!

Hello Melissa,

We are so sorry for your experience. We want to help! Please send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name, address, and phone number on your account. In the subject line of your email please indicate, "Consumer Affair Review." We are happy to double check your account has been cancelled successfully.

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2022

I appreciate the concept of portion control, promoting vegetables and hydration however their customer service is ridiculous. You cannot cancel online and hold times run nearly an hour. It has been hit or miss on the general attitude of the representative, some were quick and polite while others were blatantly disrespectful. I also made several attempts to modify my orders well within the time frame and they either never registered or they don’t care and just send what they have available. I have received two orders loaded the same items I specifically don’t want! Absolutely disappointing and waste of hundreds of dollars!

Hello Catherine,

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

Scam of the century - nowhere on website to cancel membership, finally emailed and got a cancellation confirmation then a month later, they shipped my next order and charged my credit card $360. Called customer service 3 times - was on hold a total of 152 minutes, no one ever picked up so I gave up. Emailed 4 times with no response. Now I have to put a dispute in with my credit card company and hope Fedex reads my large sign I posted on the porch that I refuse any shipment from Nutrisystem. One Question tells the whole story...if you are a legit, customer friendly company, why don't you have a "cancel my membership" option on your website...Answer...so you can scam people. Also filing a BBB complaint as well.

Hello Denise,

We are so sorry for your experience. We want to help!

Please reach us via Live Chat under "Contact Us" from our website at www.nutrisystem.com for immediate assistance. You can also email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

First of all, it is nearly impossible for a customer service call to be answered. After multiple attempts to cancel online and to call, I finally made contact with a person. I told the customer service agent that I had not ordered food, I had delayed the order because I didn't see a way to cancel it, and I want a refund. She told me that there is no way to cancel the shipment. She won't refund my payment although the credit card company shows that the charge is still "pending". With a UPS tracking number, an order can be re-routed. Instead, she told me that I have to wait until the order arrives, ship the food back, call them, and then they will refund my payment. I do not want this food and I want a refund. I would never recommend using Nutrisystem because of this practice of making it difficult to cancel, and automatically shipping and charging.

Hello Leslie,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for your experience. We want to help!

Please reach us via Live Chat under "Contact Us" at our website at www.nutrisystem.com for immediate assistance. You can also email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed Sept. 20, 2022

I have used other food delivery services, each kept track of delivery days and if the order was delayed, you got an email saying a replacement was in order and please dispose of the shipment if it arrives late (and some were already returned via shipper). I have been a Nutrisystem customer for years, and their customer service leaves much to be desired. Emails take a long time to respond, and IF you can get anyone on the phone, that will take awhile too.

Had a recent shipment shipped on 9-12, and arrived at my home 9-16... The dry ice was long gone and almost everything in the container was thawed. Keep in mind, there is apparently nothing in their system to warn me or safeguard the situation that a late shipment is arriving. I understand there are shipping problems, most customers will. But HOW is it handled is important. So I made a call on 9-16 where I was on hold for 19 minutes, in frustration gave up and in their "Request Replacement" page and filled in what happened. (I discarded all of the food in the container.) Here I am on 9-20, and I have heard nothing... Seems odd a company would not make it a bigger priority to warn a customer about frozen food that could hold potential danger, then days later the customer is left without any response.

Hello Kent,

Please reach us via Live Chat under "Contact Us" at the top of our website at www.nutrisystem.com for immediate assistance. We look forward to hearing from you soon and to helping!

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2022

I signed up for Nutrisystem on 09/10/2022 and today (09/15/2022), Nutrisystem has double charged me. By them do not this, they have messed up my checking account and cost me a $33.00 over drift fee. I spent the morning on the phone with customer service, with no remedy to my problem. Note: most of the time on the phone was on hold. How can a continue my relationship with Nutrisystem, when they have made this big of mistake in the first five days.

Hello John,

Please reach us via Live Chat under "Contact Us" from our website at www.nutrisystem.com for assistance. You can also email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2022

I started on Nutrisystem about 4 months ago in the hopes to lower my A1C. I stuck to the plan and my A1C INCREASED by .5, to above 7.0. I do not recommend for diabetics. I was very disappointed. I did lose weight, but my main goal was to lower my A1C and it did not.

Hello Randi,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that our program did you work as expected for you.

If you would like to discuss this matter further please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name and phone number connected. We look forward to hearing from you! -the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Reviewed Sept. 9, 2022

I have been trying to cancel the auto reorder for over a week. Multiple calls with wait times over 40 minutes before I hung up. Numerous emails sent with no response, Tried the chat, also no response. Website will also not let you cancel. Also now will not let me delay. I tried deleting my credit card info... And they still shipped the next order, with a price increase to add injury to insult. Tried calling corporate office... left a message, again no response. Literally impossible to get through to anyone to cancel.

Hello Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you would like to end your plan and that you have had trouble contacting us.

Please send us an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your full name and phone number. Be sure to reference this review as well. You can also chat in with our team 8a-8p ET Monday through Friday or 9a-5:30p Saturday and Sunday

Reviewed Sept. 6, 2022

Started with wanting to make an undetermined postponement on delivery which can only be done via phone. Service repeatedly put on hold automatically and was never picked up this happened day after day and they sent meal when there was nobody to receive it. The package sat in the Sun for 2 days and everything which could go bad... did. Also tried to cancel account (can only be done on phone) to stop and again the numbers provided have an automatic menu which ends up with you on hold. Just as a test I put phone on speaker for more than 1 hour several times and it was never picked up. Who waits that long on hold??? Maybe just frustrated people wanting to tie up the phones of a non responsive Company! I still have not been able to cancel this account. I've put a stop on the card on file with them. Avoid this company!

Hello,

We are so sorry to hear about your experience while attempting to stop your Auto Delivery plan with Nutrisystem. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Verified purchase

Reviewed Aug. 5, 2022

I've been a loyal customer for many years. There is a problem with a shipment now and customer service has been worthless... They continue to lie and say the order shipped on the 1st even after I provided them with a screenshot of tracking from the 4th showing they never gave FedEx possession of the pkg (today's the 5th and they still haven't shipped my order). They deny any issue exists, refuse to look into the issue, and continue their blatant false claims that the order shipped 5 days ago when tracking clearly shows it never shipped. So it appears I'm going to have to dispute the cc charge and go elsewhere.

Hello Wade,

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed July 28, 2022

It is NOT made clear on the website that you are signing up for a 2 months minimum contract. I bought 1 month and declined an opportunity to buy multiple months for less money. I wanted to simply try it to see if it suited me. I didn't think I needed to cancel, until a family member who has done Nutrisystem warned me me to check. I looked and saw that they were set up to charge me for a second month. I called to cancel (the fact that you HAVE to call to cancel is another alarm bell) and was told I would be required to pay a fee in order to cancel "early". When I stated that it is NOT made clear, the rep told me to "tread lightly" and that it was "definitely explicitly stated on our site".

I spoke with a second rep who agreed to waive the fee, but when I asked her to guide me to where it states this, she guided me to the page where it says "auto delivery" and said I had to click edit. First of all, you should never have to click to different page to understand the contract you're entering into and secondly, it still did NOT state explicitly that you are entering into a 2 month minimum. I told the rep they should make it clearer to which she responded "we've already waived your fee, ma'am." I thanked her and told her that that was great, but it still needed to be fixed. She clearly didn't care that customers are being unknowingly taken advantage of. I will tell anyone who is thinking of doing nutrisystem that they should go with another more ethical company. This is, at best, purposefully manipulative and vague and at worst, borderline theft.

Hello!

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

While we are very sorry your experience was not a positive one, we greatly appreciate your feedback! We would encourage that you reach out to us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com so we may further investigate and help to resolve these concerns.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed July 19, 2022

I recently signed up for the month plan on the Nutrisystem site, selected their most robust and customized plan where I order my own meals, and also receive a couple weeks worth of protein shake powder. I started at 260 lbs and hoped to lose somewhere around 50 lbs by the end of the two months. Starting with the ordering process, it is very misleading. All of the advertised pricing leads you to believe that your monthly cost is somewhere around $450 or $15/day. Then they push their promotions for 50% off, free this, free that, etc. So a reasonable person would expect that the 50% off would come out to about 7 or 8 dollars/day at the discounted rate.

The reality is that their sale price is 15/day, so beware of this. Maybe others realized that, but I was surprised when I paid nearly 900 dollars for my first two months. It was explained to me that if I just did an ad hoc order, without pre-paying as I did, the monthly price is close to 900 dollars. My mistake, I guess but nowhere on the site does it say this.

Onto the plan itself... The shipping and tracking of their products is really good. I received the first half of non-frozen items about a week prior to receiving the frozen stuff. It was all packaged very well and easy to track the shipments. The food itself is a little bit hit or miss. I hate some food that was delicious, and other food that I would not again. You only have a couple weeks on the plan before you have to confirm your next order, so you don't really get a chance to filter through too much of the food to know what you like or dislike, and make adjustments to your next order. If you stay on the program beyond two months, you would know very well however I assume most don't go beyond the initial two months.

Food portions are very small - like I took my wife's dinner plate, and basically ate what was leftover after she finished her meal - that small. Again, I expected some of this as it is a diet plan after all, and I received a good mix of different types of food, even including sweets. By the time the second week rolls around, you have can add some other foods onto your meals which really helps, and overall you feel less hungry throughout the day, which is the point of the plan. I lost 15 pounds my first week, which I think was mostly water, as subsequent weeks, thus far anyway, I have pretty much maintained the same weight. I am very regimented in following the meal plans and requirements, and hoped to lose 3-4 pounds per week after the first week. So far that hasn't happened....I'm still sitting at -15lbs overall.

Food was ok, portions are crazy small, plan resources, guides, help, etc. are excellent and easy to follow, even allowing for add-ons and customizations beyond week 1. My major disappointed is the price, and the way it is sold. Customer service agent even told me they don't list their full retail price on the site - seems like a deliberate misleading of customers to me. They were unapologetic when I called, and frankly, unsurprised that I complained, so I am guessing this is fairly routine. I really wanted to be excited about this plan as I need help in losing weight, and feel pretty disillusioned overall. The program just isn't for me.

Good:
    Program resources - guides, meal plans, food lists, helpful tips, etc. are excellent.

Food is actually pretty tasty for the most part, and includes a nice variety of meals and snacks. Lots of choices.

Bad:
    Pricing - Expensive and misleading
    Effectiveness - Thus far, a little disappointing beyond the first week, but I'll do an updated review after my two months cycle has been fully completed.

Not much time between first and second order to vet out which foods you may like or dislike.

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding our pricing. We would like to help you with this. Please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your full name and email address so we can better assist you. Be sure to include details about your experience in your email.

Reviewed July 18, 2022

I signed up for what was implied was a one month program, which cost hundreds of dollars. When I inquired about how to cancel after the first month I was charged a $125 cancellation fee. Customer service was rude and unhelpful. It's too bad because I like the food and if they were more upfront and honest about cost I may have stuck with them longer.

Hello,

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. We disclose on our website that there is a two shipment requirement to receive the auto-delivery discount. To better assist you please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue described here and reference this review. We look forward to hearing from you!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

gail increased rating by 4 stars.
    After a positive interaction with Nutrisystem, gail increased their star rating on July 25, 2022.

Updated review: July 25, 2022

Nutrisystem reached out to me within a few days of me posting this review and not only eliminated the extra charge but also credited my original order total. So appreciated and they restored my faith in the company!

Original Review: July 18, 2022

I signed up for the fully flexible plan. After a couple of weeks, I was having issues with high blood sugar and the crazy high sodium content in the foods. I spoke with my doctor and he told me that this plan has too much processed food and would not be good for me to continue. I stopped immediately and followed the plan the doctor's dietician sent me instead. My blood sugar is way down and I have lost 11 pounds the first month. I only have a few more pounds to lose now and feel so much healthier. When you try to cancel the plan after one month - you have to pay $125 to do that. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind that but I think they are a bit misleading with their terminology when signing up. I wouldn't have signed up to begin with.

Reviewed July 7, 2022

First off the food is very good & for that they get an extra star. The customer service is not helpful, & delivery is not reliable. I had to make some of my meals because of late delivery of the frozen foods. I asked for overnight shipping & they would not even consider it. Better off w/ WW where you know the food delivery won't be a problem... Unless you forget to go shopping.

Hello,

Please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

PriceOnline & App

Reviewed June 23, 2022

Nutrisystem prepackaged food products intended to aid in weight loss did not work. They made me gain weight. Nutrisystem's website is set up to confound and confuse customers. It says "money back guarantee." Yet, there is no way a person could know the products do not work in the limited 14 day window they give for this supposed guarantee. If you contact them to cancel, they tell you "just give it more time." Yet, you are supposed to know in 14 days whether it works to get the MBG? That's a complete contradiction in messaging.

In addition, they do not make it clear that you have to send the remaining products back to get this guarantee fulfilled. It's in tiny print if you click on the "terms." This is so nebulous and makes no sense. Plus, repacking and lugging half a box of food to the post office and paying 30 dollars for postage is not what I call a confident money back guarantee. Nutrisystem is not confident in their products. That's why they make the MBG more of a pain than it is worth. Furthermore, there is no way to cancel on the website. They make you have to contact them in order to cancel the auto shipments. Then, they proceed to attempt to fat shame you and bounce you from one "coach" to another until someone convinces you it's your fault and not the fault of their garbage products.

As for the actual weight loss, I gained weight while eating 1600 calories a day for two weeks on this stuff. I then did half and half normal food and still gained weight. Finally, I stopped the products completely and ate normal foods only and my weight went back to when I started. I still have some of the products left because I simply do not want to eat them. And, now I have a second shipment of $249.00 worth of garbage food I do not ever want to eat again because by the time I realized these products don't work, the MBG window had passed. If you miss that window, they threaten to charge your card over a hundred dollars more. This is based on the lie plastered all over their website that you are getting "50% off." Nobody could possibly believe that 21 days at 900 calories a day would cost $500.00. Nobody would sign up for this if it weren't for that fake doubling, then "sign up for auto shipment to get 50% off."

A confident money back guarantee would allow me to fully try the program that they sent, not half of it. The MBG with this company is cynical and useless. They use it for the purpose of luring customers only, not to back up their claims. Right now, their website says "your healthy summer starts here." There is nothing healthy about these products. It's all chemical filler garbage that bulks you up. This system is designed to keep you craving and addicted to junk food. These products have triggered food phobias for me now because I have never gained weight on 1600 calories a day before. And when I stopped the products, I went back to normal. I still have the initial few pounds to lose that I spent $500 dollars to get help with. Waste of time and money and caused food phobia.

Hello Adah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our plan. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. We would be happy to take a look at your account and see how we can help. Please send an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your full name and phone number. In your email, be sure to mention this review.

We look forward to hearing from you and working together to resolve this concern.

Reviewed June 21, 2022

I had been considering Nutri Systems (NS) for quite sometime and actually tried to sign up for it on numerous occasions. I had never gone through because EVERY TIME I was never given the promotion offered to sign up (1 free month, $100 off etc. etc.). Finally I broke down and signed up with the expectation that the signup offer was just bait and that I would never receive the discount which was $100 off. As expected I didn't get it. I signed up for 3 months to get a discount that was presented to me, to save up 50% off the plan, I knew also I would never get close to that amount and I didn't, it ended up being a savings of less than 1% which I was OK with also, I just wanted to get started losing weight.

Everything was fine and then I got my first order. I noticed right away that they would ship the next order in about a month and that they would be billing over $300. I thought that's strange because I just paid in full to get 3 months to save the 1% or $9 off the 3 month package deal. So I called them up and they gave me some story about recurring charges for supplements I had ordered. In any event we got that straightened out. There was a delay with my getting started on the program and when I got around to starting I noticed that they had sent 20 meals for the month. The most important reason I'm overweight is I don't have a lot of time for meal planning and cooking, and That lifestyle has me eating out a lot. So I knew the only way this would work is for me to go with a 7 day plan which is what I signed up for and payed for.

So I called about this (why only 20 meals for the 7 day plan) and they said I signed up for the 5 day plan and they couldn't change it so I was stuck with the 5 day plan. That was the last straw, I asked for the money back for the 2 unused months which they did agree to and although I didn't do the math I think they were fair in the refund and didn't try to screw me even more, which is what I was expecting since they tried screwing me at every turn. I thought they had a good reputation, I'm really not sure how they've survived to this point unless my experience was just a fluke. But they were very consistent in not giving out the promo deals so I have to believe they are just another company looking to scam whoever they can. There are much better options out there. I'd give them serious consideration.

Hello Bill,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are sorry to hear of the trouble you have had signing up and discontinuing. We would be happy to take a look at your account and see what information we can provide. Please send an email, containing your full name and phone number, to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Be sure to mention this review! We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed June 6, 2022

Food is good and I saw good results. However, their customer service and shipping is terrible. Frozen food takes very long to arrive, generally you don't receive it until after you've already run out of food. When I called customer service to complain, their response was to move up the shipping date for the next month, which I did. Then the next month even with 5 extra days of a moved up shipping date, the frozen food was riddled with delays. They said it shipped on Wednesday, yet 5 days later, on Monday, when I contacted FedEx I was told the box was still at the Nutrisystem warehouse and only a label had been created. You'd think a company whose ONLY job is to ship items would know how to properly ship items in a timely manner, but no. Incompetent.

Hello Jakob,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry for the delays in your orders. We would be happy to take a look and see how we can help. Will you please send us an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name and phone number on your account. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Reviewed May 7, 2022

YOU NEVER GET ALL THE FROZEN FOOD YOU ORDERED: I purchased the most expensive Nutrisystem Plan, all meals + snacks. I carefully selected the meals I wanted--almost all of my selections are frozen. Most of the ready-to-serve meals and snacks taste pretty bad--with the exception of their bars and shakes. I was excited to receive my shipment, but when it arrived, almost everything I received was not in my order. I was furious. Why did Nutrisystem totally disregard my food choices? Because they are more interested in profits than satisfying their customers (fulfilling frozen selections). I called and complained, and they will send me replacement meals and snacks; however, none of the options they offered are frozen. I am giving Nutrisystem one more chance to get it right, and if they don't fulfill my next order as selected, I am going to cancel their service and file a complaint with the California State A.G.s office.

Hello Abbe,

Please reach us via Live Chat under "Contact Us" from our website at www.nutrisystem.com. You can also email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 22, 2022

Prepaid for a 2-month food service on 4/18/22. Non-frozen food shipped 4/19/22 and I received the order 4/21/22. HOWEVER, half of my order was frozen. Obviously I cannot start the program without ALL of the food. Called Nutrisystem - only to in a recording loop without anyone answering my call. Stayed on the phone & noted my concerns via their chat system, only to get a Rep telling me I would get an email when the order ships. WHY DON'T THEY SHIP ALL THE FOOD AT THE SAME TIME? She had no idea when it would ship and as today is Friday, I will not get the rest of the order until next week (at the earliest). I pre-paid $611.00! I would not recommend this service - they do not care about the customer. I cannot note if the program works because I cannot even get the food!

Hello!

We sincerely apologize for any frustrations caused by our shipping/processing timeframe of 1-10 business days. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We do our best to ship frozen and non-frozen orders at the same time, but because these orders depart from different warehouses, it is not always possible to process orders in the same amount of time due to varying demands.

Reviewed April 11, 2022

I order a “month” of meals in order to try Nutrisystem out and see if it would be something I would want to do long term. I was surprised to find out that you have to buy as much outside of what they give you as you do for what is included. Meaning, each daily meal plan consists of 3 items of food and two snacks. But in order to get the nutrients you need you must additionally add proteins and veggies to each meal. (I thought this was going to be a complete meal plan with all you need, very much the opposite) daily it had me on 1500 calories, Nutrisystem provided about 700-800 daily. So about half of what I was expecting. In addition to that, a couple weeks in I get a message saying they’re sending me another order… What???

I never asked for another order. I tried to contact them online and over the phone. Phone hold times were always 20-30 minutes before I gave up. Somehow they put me on some sort of renewal thing and charged my credit card again. Looking through their reviews this seems to be a pretty common occurrence. Very unethical. And they are saying you have to get at least two months of meals if you want to cancel… they do NOT alert you cancel on your account. And don’t answer a phone call to boot. A good amount of the food tasted surprisingly good (the cooked items. The rest is just ok and is very cheap to get the same quality for far less at the local grocery store). I had high hopes but the unethical renewals and charges on your credit card make everything a major negative.

Reviewed April 5, 2022

Crap! Sodium-based nondigestible fake “food”! My body has never felt worst... Drink tons of water and I can’t have a bowel movement!!! STAY AWAY! Eat healthy... not This crap! Exercise and eat healthy!

Pinned

Hi Lulubug. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the foods we offer. We realize that we're not able to satisfy everyone's tastes, but we sure do try! If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us via email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com, with your name and issue as the subject. Have a great day!

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 4, 2022

Save money and enjoy your weight loss food more by just going to the store and buying a bunch of Lean Cuisines or even the generic versions of them. Yes, I tried Nutrisystem. Everything I ordered, except for a few things, tasted like crap to me. Also, some of the items had torn open wrappers. They did replace those items quickly though, but who wants to go through that? Signed up for 2 month supply. They did refund my 2nd month expense. Couldn't imagine eating another month of that stuff. Looks inviting as shown on TV, but actually looks nothing like that. Of course, everything is advertised that way. Exception: Olive Garden (I love). As good as advertised, though certainly not diet food.

Pinned

Hi Robert. Thank you for your feedback. We realize that we're not able to satisfy everyone's tastes, but we do our best to have a variety of foods to choose from. We wish you the best in your weight loss journey!

Reviewed March 28, 2022

I received my first month's food and found it tasteless and some of the items extremely over-salted. I have called repeatedly to try and cancel and each time waited over 45 minutes for service, finally hanging up. I am currently calling and have been waiting 50 minutes. Very dissatisfied.

Pinned

Hi Janet. We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the food and have been having trouble reaching us. We realize that we're not able to satisfy everyone's tastes, but we sure do try! If you have still been unable to reach anyone regarding your account cancellation, please reply to this comment and we will be happy to help! Have a great day, Janet!

Reviewed March 20, 2022

Food is ok. What you can expect for a diet product. Second time I have tried it and food is actually better this time. To my surprise a second month was shipped to me and charged to my CC. I used this for a one month kick off for my diet not to keep getting it at over $325 a month. I called to ship back and no longer had the super sweet people when I was trying to buy my first month rather the legal type rude people. I asked where this 2 month minimum info was and was told it was in the Faq section which I regularly don't read unless I have questions. No way to fix this?? I told them I was shipping it back and they just got rude. Will never try again and plan to let as many people know as I can.

Hello John,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your negative experience regarding our auto-delivery policy. We would like to help you with this. Please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your full name and email address so we can better assist you. Be sure to include details about your experience in your email.

Reviewed March 11, 2022

Money back guarantee not good for frozen items or for 2nd month if you get the 50% off deal. Very expensive then have to spend much more to stay on plan. Lost NO weight though did as instructed. Got VERY constipated on this diet.

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

You have the option to take advantage of the Money Back Guarantee if you cancel within 14 days after you receive your first shipment. We apologize if this was unclear. If there is anything you'd like for us to look into them feel free to send an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com referencing your review.

Have a great day!

Verified purchase

Reviewed Feb. 25, 2022

I ordered Nutrisystem first week in January. Just got my frozen food. All the food inside the cooler was moldy and some of the packages were open. I wish I can attach pictures. It’s disgusting and I had to wear gloves to be able to put in a garbage

Hello Zoia,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2022

The diet has helped me lose weight and learn to eat better without being hungry. BUT, understand what you are signing up for. Some of the food is way overpriced for what you get and IT COST $125 TO CANCEL THE PLAN. To my surprise, I got an email about my NEXT order. When I went in to cancel it, I found out there is no way to cancel it online. I had to go through chat and hear all the sales pitches only to find out it will cost me to cancel. What a gimmick!

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your feedback and review. Our 4-week plans with auto-delivery require 2 orders on the plan. If you discontinue the plan without taking a 2nd order, there will be a $125 early discontinuation fee. If you would like us to review your account, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your name, address, and phone number on your account.

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2022

I started using Nutri System Jan 3, 2022. By 1/19/2022 they had charged me $1622.00. I called and wanted my card credited back because I did not order all this food. They declined and said I ordered it. Who in their right mind orders $1600 worth of food in 2.5 weeks. These guys are crooks and will try to scam your credit card!

Hello Brad,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We will be happy to review your account. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name and phone number on your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2021

I am amazed NutriSystem has not been bankrupted by misleading pricing lawsuits. They talk about "price per day" all over their website. When I finally called because the prices weren't adding up, the salesman actually said, "I wouldn't focus on the daily cost." I said, "Wait, what? That's how you're selling your product!" So, it appears that even if you sign up for 5 days/week worth of food, you're still paying for 7 days/week. Why? Well, according to this salesperson, "you still get coaching if you need it for 7 days of the week." Where is that on the website? I couldn't find it. If that is the case, do not hide it. Please let me know what I'm paying for UPFRONT.

I also found out that the displayed price is not for MEN, it's only for WOMEN. MEN's prices are more because we need more calories and therefore, we need more food. Where is that on the website? Is it in the Terms and Conditions? The minuscule type that no one reads? If it is, that's as deceptive as telling me I'm paying for 5 days when I'm actually paying for 7. The whole scheme is deceptive and it's pitiful that they just don't come clean and tell you exactly what you get, exactly what you'll owe and exactly how it works. It's a guessing game and losing weight is tough enough without having to deal with con artists trying to steal my money. Shame on NutriSystem and those deceptive companies who follow in their footsteps.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with one of our representatives. The "price per day" is based on a 28 day diet as our plans are a 4 week diet. For coaching services, when you pick a plan, scroll down and click on "What's included in my first shipment?" For more information about our plans and pricing, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. We look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2021

The cost wasn’t too bad. Ranging from $200-400 per month, that’s every meal except 1 per week. The cheapest plan meals are the worst tasting food. I quickly moved to the frozen plan. Most of the food was nasty, too spicy or just over processed. I lost 25 lbs. but I had lots of cravings. My craving for sugar was the highest. I realized that was because most of the breakfast foods are high in sugar. I learned for me, sugar first thing in the morning keeps my sugar craving high all day. I remained hungry the whole time on the plan.

Hello Cindy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience on our plan and that you did not enjoy our meals offered. To better assist you, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the name, phone number and email address on your account, with a description of your issue. Have a wonderful day!

Installation & SetupSales & Marketing

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2021

Yes, I did research before spending $300+ on this plan. Maybe I was too willing to believe the hype. Reality was nothing like the sales pitches. I wanted a healthy way to stay out of the grocery store. I received 2 boxes, one w/ frozen food and another w/ dry goods. The frozen food looked like it lost a fight. The dry goods were canned meals, and different shake packs. Lots of written instructions but a jigsaw of stuff. I was committed so I ate products I would never buy. Not all bad but not enough good to go thru this experience again. I did lose 5 pounds….so disappointed.

Hello Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are very sorry to hear of your experience on our plan and that you did not enjoy our meals offered. To better assist you, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the name, phone number and email address on your account, with a description of your issue. We hope to hear from you soon! -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Please do not waste your time or money on Nutrisystem...The Fast 5 program is a joke. Following it to the letter and did not lose close to 5 pounds. This is fine if you are an obese person, if you have 10 pounds to lose, it will not work! The foods are horrible, unappetizing, and well beyond their shelf life. In the beginning, things seem OK....You are going along and doing a good job...As the week ends, you are tired, frustrated and sick of the gas and abdominal distention, never mind the debilitating constipation. Please note: I have nothing to gain or lose writing this...I honestly hope to make others aware of the consequences...Besides the fact I purchased from HSN and was responsible for $20 to return. do yourself a favor, if you have a few pounds to lose, put your big girl panties on and do it yourself. There's plenty of low calorie foods out there that are fresh, affordable and appetizing!!!!

Hi Deborah,

We thank you for reaching out to with your review. We are so sorry to hear of your experience with our plan. So that we can better assist you with this, please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you. ~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

The customer service at Nutrisystem is AWFUL these people are so smug and arrogant. I never have a pleasant conversation with any of them. They advertise plans on the website at a lower price than when you log into your account that same plan is twice the price. Each time I call, they do a bait and switch. I am amazed at how gullible they think consumers are. I spoke to Kaylee (counselor) she was rude, then I spoke to Renton (sales person) who was smug and arrogant, typical. When customers inquire about the price discrepancy, stop the bait and switch, as we are savvier than that. Advertise the actual price. I expected more from a national firm.

Hello Sharon,

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Big scam. There is no money-back guarantee. The only guarantee is if you don't like the food you have to return it in 10 days. No coaching.... tried to talk to someone and tried chat. Said 3 hours plus wait time. No one ever gets back to you. Food was delayed each time for over a week so I had to eat regular food, did not get my shaker or shakes. Worst waste of money ever.

Pinned

Hi Julia. Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your progress on our plan. We offer Coaching 7 days per week via phone, chat or email. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST and Saturday & Sunday 9am-5:30pm EST. Any further questions or concerns, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisytsem.com We hope you have a great day! -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Reviewed July 30, 2021

I am trying to choke down their “pancakes” as I speak! There are several of these types of items that I cannot fathom the company even thinking of putting out. But they do! Somethings simply lend themselves to freezing more than other foods. In my first shipment there were times when I thought Not bad but they were few and far between. Needless to say there was no second shipment.