Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

View More View More

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Nutrisystem Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I have lost 115 lbs and I honestly don't think I could have done it without Nutri-System. I'm a pretty picky eater and yet I managed to find plenty of tasty foods and snacks on the Uniquely Yours plan to keep me on track. The monthly challenges on Numi really keep me motivated because I want to win all the free things! I have had to contact customer services a few times along the way and have always been met with a friendly person who was able to answer my questions or resolve my shipping issue.

If I had to pick one criticism, it would be the excessive packaging and styrofoam use. I understand that shipping the frozen foods is a delicate issue and it's highly important that the foods arrive safely and still cold. It's just that the containers add up and it's hard to find a good way to recycle them. Although I've reached my goal weight (and changed from the UY plan to the Advantage a la Carte plan), I believe I'll continue to order my favorite foods. I can't live without the pizzas! When people ask how I did it, I'm always happy to answer "with NUTRI-SYSTEM"!!

Hello Bridgette!

Thanks for taking the time to write your review.

Congratulations on your weight loss! We are pleased that you have had a successful journey with us. As you get closer to reaching your weight loss goal, feel free to view our Success: Transition Plans. If you have any further concerns, please reach out at 1-800-585-5483 option 2.

Have a great day! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

Bernadette answered all kinds of questions I had about week 2 and after and was super helpful I feel so much more prepared to take on this program now that she directed me. I am sure I will call back when new questions arise. Thanks Bernadette..

Hi Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are happy to hear that Bernadette was able to help with your second week meal plan! If you have any other questions along the way do not hesitate to reach out to our Counseling Team through live chat on www.nutrisystem.com or by phone at 1-800-585-5483, option 2.

Best of luck to you on your journey!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I received my box of Nutrisystem and was delighted to start the program. The second day into the routine I discovered mold on my pizza and on the other bread related foods. I was so concerned about eating any of the food for fear it was old, I threw it away. So...I spent money on throw away food. It caused tension in my home with my husband, not to mention my disappointment. I contacted the Nutrisystem folks which was time consuming...it took me 45 minutes to reach a non automated person. Never received an replacement foods.

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We take our food quality seriously and we are very sorry to hear that you received spoiled items. At your earliest convenience please us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com referencing your review and we can assist you further,

We hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderful day!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Updated on 02/27/2020: I gave them all the information they requested and sent it where they requested and still no one has contacted me! This is the last time I will ever deal with Nutrisystem!! For a minute I was fooled when they initially responded and I told my husband maybe they did want to resolve it but that has not happened, haven’t heard a peep, so I will be searching for a better customer service experience with a different company and spend my money where they truly care about the person ordering from them!

Original: I called Nutrisystem to purchase the shakes because I already purchased a starter box at Walmart.. I just wanted 1 box to see if I liked them.. The salesperson kept pushing me to buy a plan. I need to know I like the product first. He finally got it and it came. When I needed help with the NuMi app I was on hold for 1 hour and 8 minutes and the girl was very mean. Like I was taking up her time. So I tried to figure it the best I could. I liked the food but when I did call and try to come up with the best plan for me the salesperson wasn’t listening so I got frustrated and went back to different Walmart’s because they don’t keep a lot in stock. I had to travel a minimum of an hour to do this. I really wanted to do this diet but it isn’t anything like they describe on TV like they are ready and willing to help you.

I have been on it for almost a month and I’ve lost 12 pounds but I’ve had to order from Amazon and others plus went to a Hannafords grocery store to purchase food packets (2 hours away) just so I can have a variety. In between I have called Nutrisystem and again they do not listen they have messed with my order to where it had to be cancelled. I feel that they should be kinder with an ear to actually listen not just push sales and drop you. I shouldn’t have to travel all over when Nutrisystem is a phone call away. Every time I use my NuMi app I get mad because I should be able to benefit from the discounts because I am paying extra from other suppliers!!!! The food is good but customer service is HORRIBLE!!!! It makes me have anxiety!

Hi Cheri,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we will be passing on this information. We are sorry the representative was not helpful when you called in for assistance.

We would like to get more information and assist with your concerns. Please send us an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with your name, email address and phone number. Also, please reference this review (that would be helpful). Have a great day!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

Still on hold to cancel auto delivery. It’s only been an hour so I have no idea how long this will take. It should not be this hard to cancel an account. You should be able to cancel on the website giving customers the same experience they had in handing over their credit card! This is totally ridiculous!

Hello, Patricia!

Thank you for reaching out! We do apologize for the recent hold times you have been experiencing due to our high volume. In order to cancel your plan, please contact a Program Consultant at 1-800-585-5483 option 1, then option 6 for further assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm EST and on Saturday and Sunday from 9am-9pm EST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I decided for a number of reasons to cancel my account. The person I talked to do so was AWFUL. I assume a timeshare salesman for day job - I told him probably 20 times to cancel and he kept ignoring me -- I may have come back and tried your program again -- I've used WW a couple of times - but after that experience I would not use Nutrisystem again if it were the only place on the planet to get food! Horrible annoying experience!!

Hello Susan,

We are so sorry to hear that you had difficulty cancelling your plan. We would be happy to pass this feedback along so that it can be used for training purposes. Please send us an email with the full name and phone number on the account to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. We can also provide a number to call in order to stop your shipments.

We look forward to assisting you!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I started this program because your advertisement states great food, well more than half of my food is MRE style food. I am a 25 year veteran, I ate better in the desert, some of the prepackaged dinners are worthless, I cannot imagine eating something for dinner out of a pouch. Now you tell me I have to call you to cancel, well, I tried and then was placed on hold for over 15 minutes. I will do this the hard way, cancel my credit card you all have on file so you cannot charge me anymore, since you wont answer my phone calls, and your emails stated I HAVE TO CALL YOU. You all should be sued for false advertisement, these meals are not delicious, they are prepackaged garbage.

Hello Denise,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry to hear that you do not enjoy the foods that have been sent. Keep in mind, you do have the ability to edit your orders. If you would like to cancel, please call us at 1-800-585-5483, option 1 followed by option 6. We are unable to cancel through this platform.

If you have any questions about this, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Have a great day!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Like the product a lot. The problem is the buy one get one month free promo is a scam. I clicked on a bogo link sent to my email. I ordered a month plus shakes for $335. The shakes were extra so I didn't expect those to be free the following month. To my horror, they charged my card $395 dollars the next month. They claimed I was not signed up for buy one get one free even though I clicked the link on the add they sent me. I called them and expected some sort of credit. I talked to several rude people who basically said they were sorry but there was nothing they could do. Long story short, They charged me almost $800 for two months worth of food. I canceled but want to warn everyone THE BOGO SALE IS A SCAM. Too bad. I would have been a long time customer.

Hello Jeffrey,

Thanks for reaching out about your plan, we are happy to explain the promotions.

We have two promotions which is the BOGO or the 45% off each order. If getting the BOGO, that is BOGO off the retail price not the already discounted 45% off. You would get one or the other promotion. We would be happy to take a look at your account if you can email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.

We are happy to help!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

It has been 2 weeks and I like it. Some other reviews say you have to buy other groceries, of course you do. They can't ship you milk or fresh fruit or vegetables. But it's not much at all, it's just necessary add-ons for complete nutrition. I love the NuMi app, it helps track things so easily! I eat something pretty much every 2-3 hours and I haven't been hungry at all. The program helps me get my 4 vegetable servings in every day--I know I am eating better and drinking more water. The app syncs with my FitBit, too! I'm excited to keep going because I think I'm headed to a fabulous destination and look forward to seeing this through to my goals. The only reason I subtracted a star is because some of my shipment came with torn food wrappers and I hope that food isn't bad! We'll see...

Hi Linda,

Welcome to the plan and thank you for sharing your experience with us, so happy to hear that you are enjoying the plan.

We love seeing that you are utilizing the app and tracking your food and activity, that can be so important in staying on track!

We are happy to replace damaged items, so feel free to give us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and we would be happy to help!

We look forward to seeing your progress, Linda!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I have been using Nutrisystem for 3 weeks approx. and have enjoyed the shakes and vitamins and some of the meals. However, I find some of the "snacks" unappealing and therefore do not want to eat. Also, I find that many of the food choices include beans and tomato sauce mixes, which I have difficulty eating because of digestive problems with lectins. Since most of the food items have this, I find that I do not want to eat this. Please cancel future orders and do not charge my credit card future. I do appreciate the service I received when I called and the deliveries are timely and well prepared, but I do not find that I can continue to use as the food choices are not good for my digestive system and tastes. The cheese puff snacks and pretzels are very dry and taste like sawdust...sorry to say, but hope this might help in future preparations for food items. Thanks for your help in cancelling future orders.

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for writing your review about discontinuing your plan, we are sorry to see you go!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed some of the foods and you are always able to order some items a la carte.

To cancel the plan, you would need to contact our Program Consultants directly for a verbal confirmation at 1-800-585-5483 option 2 then 6.

We hope this helps and that you are able to find a plan that works for you!

Nutrisystem Company Information