Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.30/5

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Learn More

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: June 29, 2020

In addition to the sinful shipping charges (50% of products) it is impossible to navigate the site or to find how to reach customer service. There is almost zero support. Chat tells you to send an email. No response to emails.

Hello Roberta,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you. Please chat Live with an agent at www.nutrisystem.com with any questions you have. We will be glad to help you with your questions about our site or anything else about our plans, prices, and products. We look forward to hearing from you.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 26, 2020

They screw up again for the second time. Got the same thing in both order and when I call was on hold for 30 minutes. Got hung up. Chat line is a joke. No one help me there. Having trouble learning this. Haven't loss since day 1. I want to weigh 110. I now weigh 156. No one understand. I have trouble understanding if not showing it's my money. Had 4 friends that wants to join and I told them no cause you people don't help.

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your current account issues. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

It is impossible to get help from you!! We have tried numerous times to call. We have sent emails and we get no response!! This is very upsetting. This is supposed to be a respectable company. Why do you advertise special offers when you are not here to service your customers? Covid is a lame excuse for bad service! If we don't get help with our concern, we will have our credit card cancel payment. We need to speak to someone who can help us. Call us at **. I am also on the verge of calling the Better Business Bureau.

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your review. We are now able to be reached via phone, chat or email. We want to help you with your meal plan. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your meal plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 23, 2020

As of June 2020 Nutrisystem is claiming Covid-19 is preventing them from doing anything right. They are advertising a full menu of foods, but many of the higher quality foods are not available and they'll substitute inferior foods at their will. Yet, they never reduce the price of the rather expensive meal plans. Nutrisystem has also failed to meet adequate shipping times and monthly food deliveries show up 10 days late. When I complained saying I needed the food to stay on the diet a "counselor" replied, "I can help you with Flex meals." In other words, how not to use Nutrisystem.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review.I am terribly sorry for your experience. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing a higher than normal interest in our products.We are still delivering within our standard 1-10 business day time frame. We do apologize that some of your food was subsituted.So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience.We thank you for your review and your feedback- Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

Original review: June 21, 2020

All of 9 frozen bars delivered were thawed and runny. This week missing a dinner. I canceled last week on the 11th. Received confirmation then was delivered more food on the 17th and 18th. I cant reach anyone by phone. Frustrated because otherwise I really like the program and food.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your review. We are so sorry for your experience with your order. We would like the opportunity to resolve this concern with you. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.You can also reach us by phone at 1-800-585-5483. Please press Option 1 follow by Option 8. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 19, 2020

I ordered my NutriSystem on June 14 and it shipped on the 16th. According to the NutriSystem email and website I had until June 23 to make any changes. Mostly I am very unhappy that they just threw whatever they wanted to in a box and shipped it to me. When I called Customer Service she said it matched what I had ordered previously. No it did not! I do not like Asian food, I don't want cereal for breakfast and I certainly don't want sweet bars for lunch or dinner. She did not help me and transferred me to the survey tree. Which I gave her all 1's. I just want to cancel my account but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that.

Nutrisystem response

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We want to help with this and to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. You can also call us to cancel at 1-800-585-5483. Please press Option 1 and then Option 6. Thank you for your review and feedback-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Do not do business with this company. Someone without my knowledge used my credit card information and they flagged my account. I have been trying to rectify this situation for well over a month now and Nutrisystem does not care. I have emailed, called, chatted and nothing seems to change. My account is still locked and now my diet is trashed. They do not seem to care about their customers as I was given an telephone extension to call by one of the employees and he has not called me back. I am tired of having to fight to get my account back in good standing. I purchased $200 worth of gift cards and since my account is still flagged, I cannot use them and essentially have lost $200. Please stay away from this company if you expect to have good customer service.

Hello Jason,

Original review: June 17, 2020

The program may work and the food may taste ok, but it doesn’t matter if you can’t count on the service. The first month the room temperature food arrived quickly and the frozen food arrived a few days later with one problem, it wasn’t frozen anymore. I called and they sent out a replacement that was good. I figured that everything moving forward would be fine.

When it came time to ship the second month they shipped the room temperature food to arrive before the end of the first 28 days. The frozen food was shipped after I started the 2nd 28 days. This meant the only reason I had any lunches left was because I had ordered the variety pack of bars. To make things worse the late shipment of frozen food was thawed again. After a few days with them not shipping the replacement I ran out of lunches. At this point I called to ask for a refund and to stop the shipment. They claimed the 2 months was a buy one get one free so there wouldn’t be a refund. However when I ordered the deal was pay for 2 months and get 50% off with auto-ship. It doesn’t matter which deal it was since they didn’t provide the promised service. After giving up on the phone call I emailed customer service and 7 days later they still haven’t responded.

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your delayed shipping with our program. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I actually like Nutrisystem foods having lost 55 lbs in the past. My initial membership was back before frozen foods were offered. After a current membership of 1.5 years, I am dropping the program due to quality control and lack of food safety. Nutrisystem blames Fedex for defrosted food delivery. However, when I have been able to force Nutrisystem to add more dry ice to the packed styrofoam chest, the food arrives as expected. Although I have a note on my account which customer service acknowledges, I have to throw out the defrosted food and wait for a second delivery. Miraculously, the replacement order arrives completely frozen. Waste of time and product, which adds to cost. Poor business practice.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are so sorry for your trouble. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We hope you will give us the chance to make right on the situation. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 17, 2020

Ordered 1 month food on 5/14/2020, Only 1 month. Received it on 5/22. This included the frozen and dry, except did not receive the first week box. Tried and tried to get though to customer service with no response. Finally got to talk with someone and she apologized and ordered it out it came 8 days later, now I could finally start the program. Checked my account and seen I was being auto billed for the next month. Once again called and emailed with very little satisfaction, final got through to a person who was very mouthy and agreed to cancel my order and 5 minutes after my credit card was billed $125.00. I think the way I was treated was not very fair and shouldn't have been charged the $125, Nutrisystem will not be on the top of my list to recommend to anyone.

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our program. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 16, 2020

Nutrisystem food is very overpriced kid-sized portions that is basically not environmentally friendly. Package comes in styrofoam box and cardboard boxes with every meal basically a fast-food type of packaging. I tried to cancel and return my order as soon as I saw the packaging but the customer service gave me the run-around saying i needed to call another department or email to cancel.

After several different phone calls and emails, I still could not return the product so I am basically stuck with the food. It would be ok if there were more choices for vegetarian but there really is not many good options. Most of food choices are cheese (dinner entrees) or sugar loaded (for breakfast) that I ended up gave most of the food away. It was a waste of several hundred dollars. My advice for those interested in signing up... just google the company and read the review (most of which are negative) and there's reason why you should not sign up... Poor customer service, not backing up their money-back guarantee, and poor food choices.

Hello H,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are so sorry to hear this. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 15, 2020

I ordered nine ice cream sandwiches and got nine ice cream sundaes (not my favorite). I have waited to talk to someone on the phone for over twenty minutes. I also contacted counseling which they tried to help but they gave me the wrong option number to reach someone. Not satisfied with CS. I love the program but too hard to get thing straightened out. I have also received two double chocolate breakfast muffins which were squashed so badly I couldn't eat them. Hope it gets resolved somehow. With Gratitude, Dori **

Hello Dori,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry to hear this. We want to help with this concern and to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name, address and phone number in the email. We would like the change to resolve this concern for you- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 14, 2020

Firstly, I followed the plan to a tee, DID NOT work! Secondly, most of the food tastes horrible. It’s absolutely amazing that when you try and order a la carte AFTER you stop the ‘auto renew’, it takes 3 weeks to arrive!!! But when you’re on the auto renew plan, food arrives within 3-4 days!!! WOW!!! That tells you exactly what this company is all about!!!!

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We can also review your plan and offer Weight Loss Counseling through our Live Chat service at www.nutrisystem.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 13, 2020

In trying to learn how I could use Nutrisystem to reduce my weight but needing a very low soy diet, I received a terrific and prompt response that they currently do not offer that type of plan. But you would be well served to use this company for standard dieting needs. Their Customer Service is beyond excellent!

Hello Glenna!

Thank you for your positive review! We are sorry to hear that you are unable to use our diet plan because of your dietary restrictions with soy. However, we are happy to hear you had a positive experience with our Customer Service team. If you have any further questions about our plans, please let us know. Stay safe and well and thank you for considering Nutrisystem, Glenna!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 12, 2020

Your food products were excellent and filling. Your program allows weight loss as a pleasant experience. Your customer service is terrible. For that reason I have been attempting to cancel my membership. When I was unable to do that by phone or internet I email your customer services department which once again can through with directions to call and select an OPTION that does not exist on your recorded phone service.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for feedback. We are sorry you want to cancel. In order to cancel your auto-shipment of future orders, you will need to call in to give verbal confirmation. We cannot cancel accounts over email or the internet.

To cancel, please call our Program Consultants at 1-800-585-5483. You may also try 1-855-504-0105 or 1-877-629-2946. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm ET and Sat-Sun 9am-5:30pm ET.

- Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 11, 2020

I am so pleased to know that when I received a frozen shipment that had no ice and the food had defrosted, it will be replaced as soon as possible. I've had good success using this food to lose weight and just like the advertisement it tastes good and very easy to prepare.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is greatly appreciated to hear positive feedback from our customers and help them continue their weight loss journeys. If you have further meal plan questions, you are able to chat in or email our counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com When sending an email , please remember to include a brief description, along with your name and phone number on your account.

Have a great day, Thomas!

Original review: June 11, 2020

I saw an ad on QVC for Nutrisystem. I purchased a plan which was to be broken down into two payments and that was it. Nutrisystem continued to send me food after the designated period and continued billing me. The first time I saw the extra bill was in May. I tried over ten times to contact them and was holding for like 40 minutes at a time. I received no help in resolving the matter because nobody was ever available to speak to me and they kept citing "because of Covid 19."I logged into my account with them and again there was no place for me to cite my concerns and ask them to refrain from charging me/cancel etc.

Eventually, I went online and got their corporate headquarters number (215) 309-1747. I pretended to be a new customer. Immediately, I was able to speak to a customer service representative. I told him of my situation and threatened to close my bank account etc and only then was I able to get some resolution.I am an upfront person and when people try to trick me etc, it stays with me. I will never buy from these people again.

Hello Gynett,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We want to help with this. We would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name, address and phone number so we can locate your account in order to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I return all the products you sent back. All the products, 7 times cancelled my subscription, even paid out of pocket for the returns and later was my only 2 refunds were processed then recalled. Please let me know what was the reason for it and I demand all money back. Your company had no right to do this without informing me. Please look through your inventory for packages return back with OKSANA ** name on them. They all are from me and sent back my money.

Hello Roksolana,

Original review: June 7, 2020

I want to cancel my order. I cannot use your food. It raised my blood sugar and I had go to the emergency room due to high sugar content in your food. I cannot eat your food and it makes my ** stink and I am constipated even eating salads all day.

Hello Neil,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and that you wish to cancel. In order to cancel your auto-shipment of future orders, you will need to call in to cancel your account.

To cancel, please call our Program Consultant at 1-800-585-5483. You may also try 1-855-504-0105 or 1-877-629-2946. We are available Monday through Friday from 8am-8pm ET and Sat and Sun 9am-5:30pm ET.

Original review: June 5, 2020

I need to know what foods to put together! I'm not happy with the frozen food! There is way too much sodium! The best thing going for me is the drinks! I’m very disappointed! Tried to get help to no avail! Would not recommend to anyone else!

Hello Naomi,

Original review: June 5, 2020

Missing ordered items. Getting through via the telephone is at times difficult. So many different numbers to call, so many prompts to choose from. However once connected to the correct person, my concerns were quickly and professionally addressed. I was totally satisfied with my results. An added bonus was my assistant was friendly, cordial and empathic.

Hello Meridyth,

Original review: June 5, 2020

I have been with this program for over 2 years and have lost weight. However, when there is an issue the customer service is horrendous. The phone wait time is over 30 minutes and then you get disconnected. You send emails to the customer service department and get no response. I received a frozen ala carte order and it was completely thawed with no dry ice in the container. This is totally unacceptable and I will voice my concerns to everyone I meet.

Hello Elizabeth,

Original review: June 3, 2020

I purchased the 30 day plan. This is 30 days supply of food and counselors available at any time. I received my first months food and there was only enough food for 20 days and not a full 20 days. The plan also does not include the fact that you are supposed to eat 4 snacks a day that you have to purchase yourself - also received pancakes and bagels that have no syrup or cream cheese (which is suggested that I use Nutrisystem's). I am supposed to add meals with salads but no dressing is supplied (again suggested I use Nutrisystem's dressing). This plan was advertised as "30 day plan for only $10 a day" but that is not the case when I have to add several items to my menu - at least another $300 worth.

When I tried to call them - I got a message saying that due to pandemic the offices are closed and they are not taking phone calls (but even though there is a pandemic they had no problem taking my order and charging me for it- I sent emails that were supposed to be replied to in 24 hrs and they were not- I tried chat a few times and was on hold over an hour before I finally spoke to someone that said that they only supply 20 days of food and you are supposed to provide your own meals for the other 10 day!!) Why would I pay for that?? And how is that $10 a day!!!! When I signed up for this and purchased this plan every time I tried to read what I was getting and what I needed to do I constantly had pop up adds popping up to distract me. Just trying to order this I had to deal with about 30 pop up adds.

I was leery about this - why are they trying to sell me more food when they are supposed to supply me with what I need?? The answer (on the adds) was that once you achieve your weight loss goal you could continue to order stuff you liked. I don't have enough room to add about how terrible the food is. The pictures online are NOT what you actually get - NOT EVEN CLOSE!! So basically Nutri System is just an online shopping mall for Very Crappy Food. If you want to actually do the 30 day diet plan you need to know that it will cost the price of their food + 4 snacks/veggies a day that you purchase+ groceries for 10 days of food + add ons that nutri system offers for the meals that they sent you, unless of coarse you like your waffles, pancakes and bagels dry!

And oh yeah they let you know that the shakes they have are needed for successful weight loss and diet- you also have to purchase those separate. Overall their 30 day plan will cost you about $700 - take that in, that is terrible chincy food for one person on a diet for one month. If I knew that I had to purchase and prepare my own meals I would have just went online and looked up a good diet plan!!!!

Hello Veronica,

Original review: June 2, 2020

I am beyond thrilled with the counselors with whom I communicate on a daily basis since our Down Syndrome daughter is having the time of her life having been on the program five years ago. We are getting ready for her summer clothes now and what better way to do it than with Nutrisystem.! I now completely understand when your advertisement says "And you get to eat six times a day!" So absolutely true!!

Hello Carol,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to hear this! Please let us know if you need any support from the Counseling Team. You can call us at 1-800-585-5483 or chat with us live through chat feature found on www.Nutrisystem.com. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 2, 2020

Some time ago I emailed and Kelly replied. I reported I was disappointed that many of the pizzas I get have very little filling. I was told to do what I did. Send a lot number and description. Quality of your products should be under closer control. The image was in the last email.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. It is very important to us. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: May 29, 2020

I received 20 days worth of food, 10 days ago. I couldn’t identify the first week, then I realized that it must have been shipped separately. I have tried chatting, texting, emailing and phoning....nothing works. I should not have been charged for food that has not been shipped.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for writing us. We want to help you with your shipping conerns. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I sent an email with questions and the response from Bernadette ** told me to call the Customer Service number, which I did with the following result: I was unable to use any option in the phone queue to reach a live representative – even following your instructions of selecting Option1 then Option 5. Same loop stating that I can call Customer Service for help, which is, of course what I was doing. What do you suggest now?

Hello Ron

Thank you for writing us. We want to help you with your questions about the program. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Within 24 hours of receiving the two packages (frozen and non-frozen), it became clear to me that this would be NO DIFFERENT than any of the low-calorie diets that I had failed at (or, rather had failed me) over the past 35 years. None of that was clear from ANY of the TV advertising, which reduces it all to inaccurate simplicity: "You eat the food, you lose the weight." Well, no. It isn't quite that easy.

In any case, I contacted Customer Support the next day to cancel further shipments, and I was told that because I had signed up for a "special discount," I would HAVE to accept delivery of the second month's shipment or be liable for repaying the discount, which was $125.00. I had not eaten more than one day's worth of food from the special seven-day start up package. I had not touched any of the rest of the non-frozen or frozen food (which is safely frozen in my freezer). I would LOVE to return the unused portion (about 29/30th's) of the food, but I know they will not accept it. I plan to donate it to the local food bank, but I will not be accepting a second-month shipment. Why should I do that, when I know I'm not going to eat it anyway, but only donate it to the local food bank?

Whether the diet is effective for some people or not is not the issue. Right now they have a completely dissatisfied customer whom they are not inclined to provide satisfaction to. The only reason a company would try to extort an ADDITIONAL $125 from a customer after finding out the customer was unsatisfied with its product is because they KNOW they'd have a flood of dissatisfied customers quitting.

The food itself is worth nowhere near the $399.89 they charged me. Trying to force me to take more means they have an inventory they can't get rid of and need to clear out shelf space. Where Nutrisystem is concerned, CAVEAT EMPTOR.... let the buyer beware! I wish I had. Just searching for a simple "satisfaction guaranteed" provision would have been a favorable sign. Clearly, they don't care about it, though.

Hello Bill,

Original review: May 26, 2020

The food's nothing like you show on TV. Frozen food is nasty, and gross tasting, I'd like to see Marie Osmond eat it. All the food is loaded with carbs. It kept me from going to the grocery during Coronavirus shut down.

Hello Steve:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. So we can better assist you with this concern and going over the benefits of consumimng low glycemic carbs please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: May 26, 2020

I know that during my first month I received the starter kit and however many meals. That month is over. I received my second month's shipment and discovered I only get 20 days of meals. I submitted the question, to confirm I received the correct amount, and received an answer that I did. So I am paying what I am paying for 2/3 of the month. For 66% of the month. That is completely insane and unacceptable. I was ok with 3/4 weeks; 75% of the month. I cannot settle for 2/3 of the month. As much as I hate to, because the program works for me, I will be calling to cancel my future shipments.

Hello Vicki:

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to further help you with the price of the plan and what is included in the monthly price. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Nutrisystem Company Information