3.78/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Diet-to-Go is a healthy meal weekly delivery service with four delicious award-winning menus to choose from. Customize a plan to fit any lifestyle and start losing weight without the meal prep, stress and wasted money. The Diet-to-Go community and team of health professionals and coaches are there to provide support and guidance along the way.

BOTTOM LINE

With vegetarian, diabetic and keto options, Diet-to-Go delivers chef-prepared meals to customers who want fresh options for healthy dieting. Diet-to-Go’s meals are ready to heat and eat, but pickup locations are limited.

PROS

• Delivered to your door
  • Rotating, 5-week menu
  • Diabetic, vegetarian and keto options
  • No prep needed

CONS

• No vegan, kosher or gluten-free meals
  • Limited pickup locations

Top Diet-to-Go Reviews

Diet-to-Go gives me a very nice variety of unique and very delicious foods to try and eat. I like that the food in it is very good for me. The food is delivered very nicely. I feel that the service is very fast and well handled overall when it comes to food.

About Diet-to-Go delivery meal program

Diet-to-Go is an easy diet program that doesn’t require any planning, cooking or exercise. Diet-to-Go chefs use USDA- and FDA-approved practices to prepare meals, and they use a rotating, five-week menu to keep customers from getting bored with their selections. Dieters can have meals shipped to their doors or, in some locations, pick them up. The plans are supplemented by optional diet analysis and coaching. The company offers four meal plan options, including choices for those on diabetic, vegetarian or low-carb/keto diets.

How does Diet-to-Go work?

Diet-to-Go offers four meal plan options: Balance, Balance-Diabetes, Keto-Carb30 and Vegetarian. Customers choose between the rotating, five-week menu or personalize each plan to fit their preferences and allergies.

When choosing a Diet-to-Go plan, you pick a meal plan and choose whether you’d prefer a five-day a week plan with two meals per day or a seven-day a week plan with three meals per day. For the Balance plan, you need to indicate your gender — women’s plans provide only 1,200 calories per day, and men’s plans provide 1,600.

In addition to choosing a Diet-to-Go meal plan, you may have to choose between pickup and delivery. Diet-to-Go pickup locations are available in Washington, D.C., Baltimore, New Jersey and Los Angeles at no extra cost for customers. If you live in these areas but would like your food delivered, local deliveries cost $9.99.

Customers in other parts of the contiguous U.S., which excludes Alaska and Hawaii, only have one option: Diet-to-Go delivery service via FedEx. FedEx deliveries cost $19.98 and include meals for an entire week.

Diet-to-Go deliveries are packed in food-safe containers and only need to be heated. Follow the provided instructions and enjoy your fresh, calorie-controlled meal with almost no prep work.

Types of Diet-to-Go plans

Diet-to-Go’s menu is designed to provide convenient, fresh meals for people striving to eat whole, healthy food. Because dietary needs and preferences vary, the company’s nutritionists crafted four customizable meal plans.

• Balance: Diet-to-Go’s most popular menu focuses on calorie control and heart-healthy foods. With only 1,200 calories for women and 1,600 calories for men per day, customers can expect gradual weight loss at a healthy pace. The Diet-to-Go Balance plan is best for customers without sugar or carb restrictions who want to keep their hearts healthy and cholesterol levels low.
  • Balance-Diabetes: Diet-to-Go’s diabetes-friendly menu is designed to help customers lose weight while keeping natural control over blood sugar levels. The company’s nutritionists designed each meal according to the American Diabetes Association’s nutritional guidelines controlling sodium and fats. The Diet-to-Go Balance-Diabetes plan is best for customers with Type 2 diabetes or those who are at risk for diabetes.
  • Keto-Carb30: Diet-to-Go’s Keto-Carb30 menu makes low-carb eating easy by providing meals with an average of 30 net carbs and 1300 calories per day. These low-carb meals are rich in proteins, such as meat and eggs, and high-fat dairy, like cheese and butter. The meals do not include many fruits, grains, sugars or starches. The Diet-to-Go Keto-Carb30 plan is best for customers who want to lose weight quickly through ketosis and don’t mind spending a little extra on a protein-rich meal plan.
  • Vegetarian: Much like the Balance plan, Diet-to-Go’s Vegetarian plan uses calorie-control and nutritional balance to promote health and burn fat. The meals contain protein from beans, eggs, dairy and soy. The Diet-to-Go Vegetarian plan is best for customers who don’t eat meat but would still like a balanced, nutritional plan delivered to their door.

How much does Diet-to-Go cost?

Diet-to-Go plans cost between $121.99 and $204.99 per week for meals with an additional $9.99 for local shipping and $19.98 for FedEx shipping. In total, customers spend between $121.99 and $224.97 per week.

The cost of a Diet-to-Go plan varies based on how many meals you receive, your gender (for the Balance plan) and the plan you choose. The Balance plan for men offers more calories than the women’s plan, and the Keto-Carb30 plan, which includes more meat than other plans, is more expensive.

Diet-to-Go prices by meal plan

Diet-to-Go menu5 days/week, 2 meals/day7 days/week, 3 meals/day
Balance for Women$121.99$179.99
Balance for Men$129.99$198.99
Balance-Diabetes$121.99$179.99
Keto-Carb30$137.99$204.59
Vegetarian$121.99$179.99

Do we recommend Diet-to-Go?

Diet-to-Go delivery meal program is a great option for those who want to lose weight through nutritional, whole food intake. Those on diabetic, vegetarian and low-carb diets can enjoy the benefits of Diet-to-Go’s meal plans without spending much more per week. You can customize any plan, and the company delivers meals directly to your home. While the company’s limited pickup options might deter some customers, Diet-to-Go has a reputation for great-tasting meals and gradual, healthy weight-loss.

Diet-to-Go Reviews

Original review: June 27, 2019

I have been using this delivery service for about 2 months and have already lost 15 pounds! The food is delivered fresh to my door twice per week and most options are really tasty. I am on the pre-diabetes plan and the variety of food is great. I get much more than just chicken and vegetables! Tonight I had turkey chili with a corn bread muffin and plantain flan - delicious! Customer service is great and very helpful when our food was delivered to the wrong house and they didn't charge us for it.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I tried the meal plan, they are very bland and send you chicken for almost every day when you let the "chef " pick. They don't send you a reminder email or let you know what your meals will be so you get stuck with more chicken. When you call to cancel, you must call on a Monday or they will still charge you for the meals that they will deliver on Friday of that week, seems like a pretty desperate company to me! The meals made me nauseous and I experienced abdominal cramping and diarrhea. I would not recommend this company. Poor quality and terrible customer service. I threw the meals out as I think they are tainted in some way. Also a couple of the meals were not sealed adequately and leaked in the box.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Great food but not good for the budget conscious. Pricing is roughly $180 to $200 for a man's calorie restricted diet meal 5-7 days for 2 meals per day. I can do way better on price by buying a few less calories when I go shopping weekly. I believe their business model is charge more for less food (but make the customer think it's for a good reason).

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I do Diet-to-Go. Food is good, but have to wait for meals to rotate, 5 weeks of meals. Told them that but it falls on deaf ears, so I go on hold, and shop the grocery store, lost business for them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I just like the fact that you're able to order food and have it delivered to you because there's restaurants that don't deliver so I love being able to get those foods without having to actually get there. The ordering process is easy and I never had any issue with the deliver or with the food that they delivered to me. You're able to order food at a decent price and have them delivered right to you with good service. This company was one of the most highly rated meal delivery services out there and honestly I can see why after using their service for a couple of times and not having any complaints with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Diet-to-Go?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I select that particular daily service because it was recommended to me by my mom who happens to be diabetic. She appears to know what is best. The recommendations from someone who is close has a very huge impact on me especially when that person is undergoing some type of diet and is helping them with it. There are variety of meals that were included and the variables keeps eating interesting while living a healthy life style. The pictures included is a good representation as it captures my attention. There should be more alternatives even though dieting already seems limited enough and wish to have something more than greens. There should be some sort of table of contents to quickly go to the wanted pages. Everything about living a healthy lifestyle was very well emphasized. The prices for this service might be a little outstanding but it is beneficial.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I like the quality of the food. It is delicious and it is low in calories so I can eat tasty food and maintain my diet. I see it as an amazing way to lose weight. It is simple, innovative and unique. I love this service and I love how good the food is. I would recommend it to all my friends if it was cheaper. The food is good but it is too costly. I only pay because it works but I feel that the company should make it cheaper. If that happens others can buy it also.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Diet-to-Go gives me a very nice variety of unique and very delicious foods to try and eat. I like that the food in it it is very good for me. It is a very good service but sometimes some of the food that I receive it turns out that I actually don't like it very much but I like most of it that is sent out. The food is delivered very nicely. I feel that the service is very fast and well handled overall when it comes to food.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

The Food meet my expectations, I would select this because when they served it to me... It was outstanding and lovable, I sound fat but it's worth it. I like how fast they're support is, they come quick, fast pace. Don't even have to worry about them being late, I love this meal delivery service and others should too. There's nothing bad about this meal delivery service, it's the best of the best and I think it could stand up in the future as well.

Diet-to-Go Company Information