Call toll free
3.10/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

Nutrisystem Gallery (1)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3767 Nutrisystem Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I'm sure if Marie Osmond knew how Nutrisystem scammed their customers, she would not promote them. but then again, she is probably getting free food. Buy one month, get one free, offer does not exist.

Hello Marianne,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with ordering.

Our 2 for 1 offer is 50% off each order and it does look like you had that promotion on your account.

We are happy to reach out to discuss the plan that you were signed up on and get further clarification on your issue.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

First the frozen food arrived first, two days before the dried food. So I started on the frozen, not knowing about the first. Open this box for the start of the last week. Very confusing, and when I tried to call, there was no answer so I tried the second number which connected me with SOUTH BEACH DIET PEOPLE which was not what I needed.

Today I get an email that indicates that my next shipment will be arriving soon. Fortunately there was a phone number and I called and canceled the frozen food forever and will work with the dried food for a couple of months. Your frozen food container is a big problem because it is nearly impossible to break down for recycling. Mailing it to Mass. is not an option. I'm 89 years old and this was a big problem. I will try the dried food for one more month and want to cancel it for any further distributions to me. I would not recommend this to any of my elderly friends as it is too complicated especially when things arrive piece meal and you are not sure of what you should be doing. Sincerely, Rita

Hello Rita,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about the frozen food and its packaging. We understand why you feel frustrated, and look forward to helping.

We currently offer a Basic, Core, Uniquely Yours, and Uniquely Yours Plus plan. The Uniquely Yours and Uniquely Yours Plus plans include both shelf stable and frozen meals. Each portion processes and ships from a different warehouse which is why they sometimes arrive separately. The Basic and Core plans include only shelf stable meals which means you receive just one box instead of two separate shipments each month.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concern.

We look forward to working with you, Rita. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

You folks were great in getting a replacement order to me. I was involved with Nutrisystem 10 or so years ago. At that time, frozen options did not exist. Each month's shipment contained 3 snacks, AM, PM and before bed, and Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner for 7 days a week. I learned to sort and count all items so I could sort and store them for use. The 7 day beginning box was quite familiar. The packing list indicated I should have 15 B, L & D + 30 Snacks. I found 12 Dinners, 14 Lunches, 15 Breakfasts and 32 Snacks. The young lady I spoke to said she is sending the missing meals. Your quick response are appreciated!

Hi James,

Thank you so much for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear that your issue was resolved in a timely manner. Please reach out to us at 1-800-585-5483 press option two if you have any questions on the plan.

Hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

First of all, understand there is a 2-month required membership - you must buy two months worth of food before you can cancel, should you want to. I suppose it's possible I am too texture oriented, but I found the breakfast cereal, some of the breakfast and snack bars to be gritty and like chewing tree bark. I threw it all away. There were only a few items that tasted decent to my palate, those were the muffins, and the chili and chicken noodle soup - both of which I can buy at the store with low sodium.

After the first month, drinking only water, one cup of coffee per day and their shakes, I lost 2 lbs. And I think that's because I only ate half of what was in the package before throwing it out and filling in with broccoli, which is a gassy vegetable as you know. The shakes are not anywhere near as good as Atkins. The portion sizes are simple to figure out to do yourself. 1/2 cup of breakfast cereal, no more than 1 cup of food on a small plate. As long as you don't eat high calorie foods like cake and pie, you can lose weight just by your own portion control and it won't cost you $300 per month.

When I tried the frozen food the second month, by the time I got home everything had thawed. (Arizona) I had to toss that too. When asked by customer service if I called and told them so they could redeliver, I said, "What's the point - it's going to thaw out again, it's only hotter now." I will say that my experience with customer service was good. Except that after ordering my second month, I told them to be sure and cancel my membership, and they didn't. They hit my PayPal with another $300 and I had to call again to stop it before it shipped. I did receive a cancellation confirmation. I'm going back on the low carb diet with portion control - that worked best for me.

Hello Janet,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that you did not have the best experience with the foods and delivery of the shipment.

I certainly understand that you want to go back to a plan that suits you better, but I would also like to ensure that you are getting what you have already paid for. Once I am able to take a look at your account and see what I can do, I will reach out privately.

If possible, I would also like to review the plan with you. Not losing what you expected is certainly disappointing. Reading your review, it sounds as though you only ate Nutrisystem, which is an important part of the plan, but you will also want to add in grocery foods in additional to the broccoli. I would be happy to go over all of this with you.

I look forward to speaking with you, Janet!

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution response: Aug. 15, 2019

The customer service reached out to me after finding out that I had a negative experience and did all they could to try to rectify that. I truly appreciate the amount of effort displayed.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

First of all, the meal plan was labeled as clean. My goal was to get leaner, I am not obese, just sick of preparing all those meals myself. After dropping $270 on a month worth of food (seemingly good price) I get a box full of what tastes like repackaged MRE food (for any combat vets out there). The dinners span from Chef Boyardee to TV dinner levels of quality. Almost everything they give you is carbs, high fructose corn syrup, and sodium drenched. They think they can call it healthy by giving you half of a handful of food for each meal and telling you to just eat vegetables (sold separately). I felt worse about 3 days into the "diet". You can feel the sugar and carbs as they make you sluggish.

Ok, so the meals are terrible, I've established that. That is not even the worst part of this scam. Try to cancel. Not an easy process. You will have to call in and speak to some idiot that grills you about your identity as if you are trying to get a security clearance. After you get through their spiel, you find out that they will charge you $125 just for cancelling. Then they talk down to you when you question that BS saying "Now if you read your contract..." I didn't read a contract. I ordered a product, I paid, and found out I was put on an auto-re-order.

Oh, by they way, if you want to get rid of some of the more disgusting things that they send you, should you endure another month, it's $25 extra, and most of the good stuff is on back order. I did a little more research on them before writing this just to be thorough. They have fake reviews on their site, but you cannot even show all reviews or read the negatives. I'm trying to save you money. Just get some vegetables on your own, you will have to buy them anyway, and it will save you a ton of money. Avoid this scam. Clean eating my **.

Hello Pene,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience on the program. I certainly understand your frustration and am happy to assist further.

I would like to apologize if the Terms and Conditions were missed during the sign up process. When signing up online, there is an option to select "See other delivery options." When you choose this you will then see the option to choose a one-time delivery. I apologize again that this was not made more clear.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to see how I can help. I look forward to working with you!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Absolutely terrible customer service. I have been a customer for many years. Several months ago Nutrisystem me had technical issues with the website and wiped all my orders. When the orders came back, the price was not restored! I contacted the company numerous times asking for resolution. The customer service reps are rude and hung up the phone the minute they hear what the issue is. Then I tried via email. I keep receiving the standard response that the company will look into it and "you will hear from us in few days". It has been months and I have not heard from the company and the issue is not resolved. I cannot order food until the price is restored to what I had on my auto delivery orders for years. I'm extremely frustrated as a loyal customer and very very disappointed in the lack of customer service. I don't know what else to do to get the company to fix the issue they themselves created!!

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for reaching out to us about your experience. It's understandable how disappointing your recent experiences must have been especially after your years of being a loyal customer as you mentioned. A member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be reaching out to you shortly to help address the concerns regarding your account as well as the service received from our representatives. Please enjoy your evening Rachel.

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Wrote to Nutri Support a week ago looking for Weekends Off Plan, couldn’t find that option anywhere. Asked where to look, a week later received advice to change my plan, yes I know, I tried that, problem not resolved. I know better than to call, previous service was so poor it took 40 mins for anyone to answer the call a month ago. Since I went to Success Plan it's ok, but I would prefer what I had in June. I want to make the choice of plan not be limited in options. Thank you, won’t order in Sept if I can’t get what I want, it's a lot of money to take second choice. Is it no longer available? Caryl

Hello Caryl,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to contact you to see if I could help with your concerns.

I apologize if you are having trouble reaching someone to change your plan. I completely understand your frustration. We may not have the exact plan you had June available still, but I will be sure to look into the matter further and reach out soon.

I look forward to speaking with you and hope you enjoy your week, Caryl!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Rated with 3 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I did not know that I could choose my own food with core, there are some foods in the basic that I don’t care for and I would of chosen something else. Wish I would of known this before I ordered as core has some same things as the basic???

Hi Donna,

Thanks for reaching out about your order and welcome!

On the Basic Plan it is preselected but if you want to pick and choose your foods you can upgrade to the Core plan which is all shelf stable foods with the ability to customize to your liking.

We are happy to take a look at your account and we can reach out to review your plan.

We look forward to helping!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I was planning on ordering from Groupon but when I called the customer service number they told me they would match then beat whatever Groupon was offering. I placed my order and was charged $259.98 when I was promised 159.99 since that was the Groupon offer. This last time I was charged $284.98 and told only 3 days ago the charge would be $214. I am very upset with this company and I feel they take advantage of people and assume we don't check out cc bill.

Hi Avi,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing a review about your pricing. I understand why you would feel frustrated and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.

We look forward to working with you, Avi. Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

I was a skeptic!! Going on a cruise in November and want to lose 20#; On this program almost two weeks (minus 5# already); food is excellent in my opinion and well worth the money. I dealt directly with the company and found pricing is better with them than on TV; less than 9$/day. A bargain when you compare the price of meds needed to deal with obesity. I'm 84 - looking forward to life. Also retired RN so I'm careful about health related issues.

Hi Peggy,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the plan and the entrees.

Congrats on your weight loss and keep up the good work! Hope you have a great time on your vacation in November.

Nutrisystem Company Information