Find a Weight Loss Programs partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Nutrisystem

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Pros

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

Cons

• No in-person support

Bottom Line

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

Is very excellent. I Think is time to be careful for our body because we have to Love. Make exercise is good for us. Keep cálm and enjoy your live because is very pretty. If you Love your life please do exercise.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Rolando! Thank you for your review. This is so true especially these days. We hope that your plan is going well. Please do let us know if there is anything we can ever help you with. Please feel free to email us any time at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue or concern. We look forward to hearing from you. ~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Well by following the program made up for that person they can learn how to eat, what to eat, and how much... see we can eat any food we want, as long as you do the necessary work to counteract that food. Like ice cream, pizza etc, if these foods weigh down on your thighs, then do some squats, to counteract what that food will do so it won't show and you won't have to care.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Courtney! Thank you for your review. We want to help you succeed with our weight loss plan. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you. ~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Lost ten pounds the first week, 10 pounds over the next 3 weeks and then got stuck halfway to my goal weight. Once I figured out which food I liked, I was able to eat more of what I liked the second month. It's super convenient to have all the meals ready to heat up and eat, the orders were very close to being right every time. I almost didn't my frozen order in time the second month. The system of tracking food and activity is well laid out and easy to understand, as was the whole program. I had a hard time eating all the extra PFs, SCs and Veggies and contacted a counselor. =-( All she said was to cut a morning protein shake in half, it was too many calories, and eat the smaller portions of SCs and PFs... I already couldn't fit all the food in my day and she told me to space out my meals. Mixed feelings about the program. I'd say it's worth a try.

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your review. If you still need help with your meal plan and progress on the plan, please email us at counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com or you can reach a Weight Loss Counselor at 1-800-585-5483, option 2, or through our Live Chat service at www.nutrisystem.com. We are here for you! Have a great day and thanks for choosing Nutrisystem!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

This is the second time you guys have offered an item as a Numi Reward, that is out of stock. But when I email the staff, they are polite and so willing to accommodate the issue. They are great! But why are there so many items on low inventory? No ice cream sandwich for months, not stuffed chicken breasts. It has been very frustrating.

Hello Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry to hear that some of your favorite entrees are currently low inventory. We are working as diligently as possible to restock our inventory. If you have further questions, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. We appreciate your feedback, Linda.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I had used Nutrisystem about 20 years ago with great success so thought I'd try it again. As before, I am highly pleased with the program and recommend it for weight loss. My loss has been slow but study but I feel that is the safe way and I love 98% of the meals I choose for myself. I will continue to use this system until I reach my goal of a 40 lbs weight loss. I am reading so many complaints about the service but I have never had a problem. My food comes frozen solid and on time and when I call Customer Service, I have never had a problem getting satisfactory answers to my questions. The food is very tasty and healthy!

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your positive view and and we're happy to hear that you enjoy our program. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding your meal plan, please feel free to email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We look forward to helping you!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 25, 2021

Good program if you stay with its product and do not eat "supplements" in between meals. It offers adequate variety and covers all necessary food groups.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Ben. Thanks for sharing your experience on the program. We wish you the best of luck. Please keep us posted on your journey. Have a great day. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Resolution response: June 22, 2021

Nutrisystem has send me new frozen food, no pushback. I’m extremely grateful for their customer service and caring about the members/ clients. Thank you Nutrisystem. 26 lb. loss and going strong...

-Christine

Original review: June 20, 2021

I have been ordering Nutrisystem food for years now and have always had a great experience. However, my frozen food was supposed to come yesterday Friday(6/18/21) but arrived today Saturday(6/19/21), in the afternoon. The Nutrisystem email I got said it was arriving on Friday. I was surprised at the weight of the box because usually it is very heavy and I need help carrying it. But it was very light. The reason...

All of the dry ice was melted and the food was completely wet and soggy and a complete wet mess in my apartment. I am particularly upset because the desserts are ruined. The ice cream sandwich is complete mush, as are the cupcakes and the icing has stuck to the top of the wrapping. I've thrown them all away. I'm not even sure I should eat frozen food that has thawed? The boxes are wet and mush and out of shape. It is an expensive product and I'm very upset to have paid this money, and looked forward to the food and it is ruined. The waffles and pancakes are out of shape. The calzones are out of shape. I think Nutrisystem should make this situation right by sending new frozen desserts AND shakes for the huge inconvenience of throwing away food. I'm super bummed out and angry.

Hi Christine,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

We are so sorry to hear about your frozen order. If anything happens to be frozen still it is okay to eat, but we do not recommend eating anything that has thawed. At your earliest convenience can you send an email to consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com referencing your review? We will be happy to send you replacements.

We hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day!

Original review: June 20, 2021

I have been using Nutrisystem for almost 5 years and I am very pleased with the food and the results. Most of my food tastes great. I go on the Nutrisystem plan every January and February and lose about 20 pounds. The food is convenient and the guides and journal helped me create a routine.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Tom! Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. If you ever have any questions about your program, please send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com or call us at 1-800-585-5483, option 2, to be connected to a Weight Loss Coach. We are here for you! Have a great day! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 19, 2021

The food is mostly very very good!! I was able to lose approximately 25lbs in about 2 months and I am 78 years old. I think Nutrisystem is great!!! I would certainly recommend it to my friends and family!

Nutrisystem response

Hi Judy! Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. If you ever have any questions about your program, please send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com or call us at 1-800-585-5483, option 2, to be connected to a Weight Loss Coach. We are here for you! Have a great day!

Original review: June 18, 2021

Weight loss is possible on this program if you stick to the suggested foods. I lost weight and then gained it back during the pandemic. Nutrisystem has gotten more expensive. You need to experiment to find out which meals you like.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Susan. Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. If you would like us to review your meal plan and pricing, please send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com with the full name, address, and phone number on your account. In the subject line of your email please indicate, "Consumer Affair Review." We look forward to hearing from you! - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 16, 2021

It works for me after giving birth last year, my tummy get smaller in few weeks... But of course with discipline and exercise for fastest results. And healthy food, avoid fatty foods also for better result.

Hello Lou,

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you were able to reach your goals.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can answer.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 15, 2021

The only way to lose weight is to do so with the intent of health. You cannot only loose weight in one place so all of you needs nurturing and exercise. I’m not convinced that this product allows for maximum health and the time you need to get to the point where you can feel healthy and obtain a healthy weight.

Nutrisystem response

Hi Aj. Thank you for your review and for sharing. If you have questions about our meals and plans, please send us an email at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com or give us a call at 1-800-585-5483, option 2, for our Weight Loss Coaching team. We are happy to help! Thanks again for posting. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 14, 2021

Their product seems very expensive as you need to be on it for some time. I’ve heard from people who have been on the program that the food really isn’t that great and they weren’t able to keep their weight off.

Hello Karen,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it and are always looking for way to improve the plan for both new and current customers. Please reach out at 1-800-435-4074 if you have any questions about the plan.

-the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 13, 2021

Weight loss slow, not enough protein. Should be less carbs and more protein. Very expensive on a per pound basis. Two months and only 11 pounds. I exercise five days a week and follow their guidelines exactly.

Nutrisystem response

Hello Gary. Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include the full name, address, and phone number on your account. Also include a brief description of your issue as you have here. We look forward to hearing from you and to helping. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 12, 2021

Works better than most --that is,,, for men. I've tried the diet meal plan several times over the years and I keep being disappointed. I follow the plan to the tee. I may lose a couple pounds, while my husband loses 20. But,,,he doesn't progress beyond 20 pounds and of course it doesn't stay off. So he does the system a couple months each year just to lose the 20 pounds... Other females I have spoken to, have the same results----none.

Hello Betty,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear that you have struggled with weight loss on the program. To better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Nutrisystem Company Information