Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.37/5

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

View More View More

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Nutrisystem Reviews

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 18, 2020

Do not do business with this company. Someone without my knowledge used my credit card information and they flagged my account. I have been trying to rectify this situation for well over a month now and Nutrisystem does not care. I have emailed, called, chatted and nothing seems to change. My account is still locked and now my diet is trashed. They do not seem to care about their customers as I was given an telephone extension to call by one of the employees and he has not called me back. I am tired of having to fight to get my account back in good standing. I purchased $200 worth of gift cards and since my account is still flagged, I cannot use them and essentially have lost $200. Please stay away from this company if you expect to have good customer service.

Hello Jason,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your current account issues. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

Original review: June 17, 2020

The program may work and the food may taste ok, but it doesn’t matter if you can’t count on the service. The first month the room temperature food arrived quickly and the frozen food arrived a few days later with one problem, it wasn’t frozen anymore. I called and they sent out a replacement that was good. I figured that everything moving forward would be fine.

When it came time to ship the second month they shipped the room temperature food to arrive before the end of the first 28 days. The frozen food was shipped after I started the 2nd 28 days. This meant the only reason I had any lunches left was because I had ordered the variety pack of bars. To make things worse the late shipment of frozen food was thawed again. After a few days with them not shipping the replacement I ran out of lunches. At this point I called to ask for a refund and to stop the shipment. They claimed the 2 months was a buy one get one free so there wouldn’t be a refund. However when I ordered the deal was pay for 2 months and get 50% off with auto-ship. It doesn’t matter which deal it was since they didn’t provide the promised service. After giving up on the phone call I emailed customer service and 7 days later they still haven’t responded.

Hello Kimberly,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your delayed shipping with our program. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

Original review: June 17, 2020

I actually like Nutrisystem foods having lost 55 lbs in the past. My initial membership was back before frozen foods were offered. After a current membership of 1.5 years, I am dropping the program due to quality control and lack of food safety. Nutrisystem blames Fedex for defrosted food delivery. However, when I have been able to force Nutrisystem to add more dry ice to the packed styrofoam chest, the food arrives as expected. Although I have a note on my account which customer service acknowledges, I have to throw out the defrosted food and wait for a second delivery. Miraculously, the replacement order arrives completely frozen. Waste of time and product, which adds to cost. Poor business practice.

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are so sorry for your trouble. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We hope you will give us the chance to make right on the situation. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 17, 2020

Ordered 1 month food on 5/14/2020, Only 1 month. Received it on 5/22. This included the frozen and dry, except did not receive the first week box. Tried and tried to get though to customer service with no response. Finally got to talk with someone and she apologized and ordered it out it came 8 days later, now I could finally start the program. Checked my account and seen I was being auto billed for the next month. Once again called and emailed with very little satisfaction, final got through to a person who was very mouthy and agreed to cancel my order and 5 minutes after my credit card was billed $125.00. I think the way I was treated was not very fair and shouldn't have been charged the $125, Nutrisystem will not be on the top of my list to recommend to anyone.

Hello Ronald,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your disappointment with our program. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 16, 2020

Nutrisystem food is very overpriced kid-sized portions that is basically not environmentally friendly. Package comes in styrofoam box and cardboard boxes with every meal basically a fast-food type of packaging. I tried to cancel and return my order as soon as I saw the packaging but the customer service gave me the run-around saying i needed to call another department or email to cancel.

After several different phone calls and emails, I still could not return the product so I am basically stuck with the food. It would be ok if there were more choices for vegetarian but there really is not many good options. Most of food choices are cheese (dinner entrees) or sugar loaded (for breakfast) that I ended up gave most of the food away. It was a waste of several hundred dollars. My advice for those interested in signing up... just google the company and read the review (most of which are negative) and there's reason why you should not sign up... Poor customer service, not backing up their money-back guarantee, and poor food choices.

Hello H,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are so sorry to hear this. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: June 15, 2020

I ordered nine ice cream sandwiches and got nine ice cream sundaes (not my favorite). I have waited to talk to someone on the phone for over twenty minutes. I also contacted counseling which they tried to help but they gave me the wrong option number to reach someone. Not satisfied with CS. I love the program but too hard to get thing straightened out. I have also received two double chocolate breakfast muffins which were squashed so badly I couldn't eat them. Hope it gets resolved somehow. With Gratitude, Dori **

Hello Dori,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We are so sorry to hear this. We want to help with this concern and to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name, address and phone number in the email. We would like the change to resolve this concern for you- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: June 14, 2020

Firstly, I followed the plan to a tee, DID NOT work! Secondly, most of the food tastes horrible. It’s absolutely amazing that when you try and order a la carte AFTER you stop the ‘auto renew’, it takes 3 weeks to arrive!!! But when you’re on the auto renew plan, food arrives within 3-4 days!!! WOW!!! That tells you exactly what this company is all about!!!!

Hello Nancy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We can also review your plan and offer Weight Loss Counseling through our Live Chat service at www.nutrisystem.com. We look forward to hearing from you.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 13, 2020

In trying to learn how I could use Nutrisystem to reduce my weight but needing a very low soy diet, I received a terrific and prompt response that they currently do not offer that type of plan. But you would be well served to use this company for standard dieting needs. Their Customer Service is beyond excellent!

Hello Glenna!

Thank you for your positive review! We are sorry to hear that you are unable to use our diet plan because of your dietary restrictions with soy. However, we are happy to hear you had a positive experience with our Customer Service team. If you have any further questions about our plans, please let us know. Stay safe and well and thank you for considering Nutrisystem, Glenna!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 12, 2020

Your food products were excellent and filling. Your program allows weight loss as a pleasant experience. Your customer service is terrible. For that reason I have been attempting to cancel my membership. When I was unable to do that by phone or internet I email your customer services department which once again can through with directions to call and select an OPTION that does not exist on your recorded phone service.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for feedback. We are sorry you want to cancel. In order to cancel your auto-shipment of future orders, you will need to call in to give verbal confirmation. We cannot cancel accounts over email or the internet.

To cancel, please call our Program Consultants at 1-800-585-5483. You may also try 1-855-504-0105 or 1-877-629-2946. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8am-8pm ET and Sat-Sun 9am-5:30pm ET.

- Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 11, 2020

I am so pleased to know that when I received a frozen shipment that had no ice and the food had defrosted, it will be replaced as soon as possible. I've had good success using this food to lose weight and just like the advertisement it tastes good and very easy to prepare.

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! It is greatly appreciated to hear positive feedback from our customers and help them continue their weight loss journeys. If you have further meal plan questions, you are able to chat in or email our counselingsupport@nutrisystem.com When sending an email , please remember to include a brief description, along with your name and phone number on your account.

Have a great day, Thomas!

Nutrisystem Company Information