Find a Weight Loss Programs partner

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

About Nutrisystem

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Pros

• Meals shipped to your door
  • Vegetarian and diabetic options
  • Affordable

Cons

• No in-person support

Bottom Line

Nutrisystem delivers healthy meals with a detailed guide and diet plan to your door. Monthly plans don’t offer in-person support, but they do help dieters learn about balanced, portion-controlled eating habits.

Begin your weight loss journey today

Determine your weight loss goals & needs with Noom’s online evaluation

Get started now

Nutrisystem Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

My shipment of frozen food arrived completely thawed. No surprise because there was NO DRY ICE in it. I was on hold with customer service for 30 minutes only to have the person who picked up pretend like they couldn’t hear me for about 30 seconds. Loud pop music in the background as they shouted “Hello? Hello?” Before I got routed to voicemail. I paid almost 400$ for this stuff, and it’s not even that great but I was willing to stick to the program for another month. I’m better off getting fresh food. Now if only I could get some help getting my money back for a mistake that wasn’t mine..

Hello Jade,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that your order arrived melted and about your experience on the phone with us. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I ordered my meals 2 months ago, when it got delivered everything that was cold was hot. I called for 3 days. Couldn’t get ahold of anyone! I finally got in touch with someone and they told me where to send the food to. Anyways I sent back the food, after 2 months I haven't got my refund. I call them almost everyday fighting for my money back! No one has helped me, I get the run around each time. This is the most horrible business I have ever dealt with! Just please save your money if food isn’t tasty at all! The customer service is sucks *** and they lie when they tell you a refund is guarantee!!!

Hello Katelynn,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear that you received melted meals and are still waiting for a refund. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find and review your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 31, 2020

I wasn't sure how many shakes I would receive on first order? Now I know. The invoice was not clear on the record of the first bill. Thanks for the quick response to my inquiry. Have good day and hello from Vegas.

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear our invoice was not clear. We will pass on this feedback to the right department for you. We are happy you have the answer to your inquiry now. If you need further assistance, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Have a great day, Mark!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 30, 2020

I'd like to see more vegetarian choices. I've been on the plan since January 2019 and only 1 vegetarian item has been added. A lot of the meals are too spicy for me so I'm limited in my choices. I really dislike the stuffed shells due to the taste. Thank you.

Linda

Hello Linda,

Thank you for your feedback for more vegetarian meals on our plan. We appreciate this feedback and will pass it along to the right department. If you need replacements for any spicy meals you cannot eat or do not like, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We look forward to helping you!

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 29, 2020

The food made me sick from the first day and when I went to cancel for the second month I was charged an early termination fee. Customer service is NONEXISTENT. The phone rep was completely noncaring and arrogant and nasty.

Hello Gerry,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience with us and our foods. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can review your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.

Original review: July 26, 2020

Evangeline was very professional, knowledgeable and helpful! I called to get additional guidance for foods and she was able to send me the information I needed. Evangeline also gave me the website information to be able to look up recipes to support my weight loss efforts.

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for your feedback and review. We are happy to hear of your positive experience with one of our representatives! If you need any further help, you may email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and please include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Thank you for choosing Nutrisysten, Sharon!

Original review: July 26, 2020

The food was ok; however, when I only want to loose 20 pounds and I’m that overweight to begin with, I can’t be eating pizza, cupcakes and chocolate. I only lost 8 pounds and then started gaining weight again. The food is unhealthy too. No one should be eating that much sugar and it was basically junk food. Sorry I went with Green Chef and love the food so much better.

Hello Sallie,

Thank you for your review and feedback about our plan. We are so sorry to hear that you did not find our foods healthy and that you were not able to maintain your weight loss. We appreciate your feedback. If you need assistance with your weightloss and maintenance, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 24, 2020

I received a prompt response to my request and I am very satisfied. I have bought from Nutrisystem for quite some time and have always been pleased with my orders and with their responses to my emails. I would recommend Nutrisystem.

Hello Susie,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are so happy to hear you have had a good experience with us. We here for you, if anything is needed. You may email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com, chat in with one of our Online Support Representatives or call in at 1-800-585-5483. Have a great day!

Stay safe! -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 23, 2020

When I called to order Nutrisystem I was told I'd get a discount if I ordered 2 months instead of one, so I did. Food wasn't great but I was sticking with it. I couldn't get a hold of a live person on the phone so after wasting my time & phone minutes holding for 30-45 minutes at a time I realized I wasn't going to get any support/counseling, which is supposed to be included in the price.

My 2nd shipment was being shipped too soon, I contacted them and asked if it could be postponed for one week, instead they rescheduled for about 2 weeks later. So I called on 6/23 and spoke with Dawn, I explained that I was very unhappy with everything and rather than postponing that 2nd month I wanted to see what I could do in terms of a credit back to my credit card. She told me she'd stop the frozen shipment & that when FedEx delivered the dry shipment to refuse it; she then assured me - multiple times - that I'd be getting "at least" a $155.96 credit back to my card.

Here it is a month later, food was returned, email is still taking a week to get a response & no credit. I just called & held for a live person who told me that Dawn's notes had nothing about a credit, that my 2nd month was "free" so a credit was out of the question (which I'd not been told when I ordered), that we were on the phone for 20 minutes & she had other customers to take care of, when I asked for another number or email to contact corporate she said "I AM corporate" when announced herself as a weight loss specialist or some such nonsense - then said in no uncertain terms that I would NOT be getting a credit an practically hung up on me.

I am out FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! FOR ONE MONTH OF LOUSY FOOD & multiple headaches & stress! Honestly, if I knew that 2nd month was "free" and I'd get no credit, why in the world would I have sent it back? These people lie, their service is atrocious, and I just want what I was promised, which is that credit - that month of food wasn't worth $350, which is what it would work out to with the credit, without it I can't believe they really thinking charging me $500 for one month of food is fair - they have no ethics and I resent them playing me for a fool with their lies. Do yourself a favor & try NOOM or any other diet, you can find plenty of them, I'd avoid Nutrisystem like the plague!

Hello Shelley,

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 21, 2020

I decided to give nutrisystems a try. They had a guarantee you would lose 10 pounds in 2 months or your family money back. What a joke. I followed the plan to the letter. Downloaded the program. Kept track of everything. First week lost 1 pound. Very disappointing since it was billed as the quick start week and supposed to shed the most of weight. The second week. Nothing. Third week, 1 pound. Fourth week 1 pound. Tried to contact a counselor but had no success. Got an automatic response saying make sure to drink all water and track all food. Which I was already doing. Was set up for auto delivery however the next week's meals were delivered a week late. I was able to go to Walmart and purchase a "quick start" kit. That got me through. The next 4 weeks yielded the same. I lost a total of 7 pounds in 2 months. Horrible customer service. Food not delivered on time. Results not as promised.

Hello Diana,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with our weight loss plan and company. So we can better assist you with this concern and resolve this as quickly as possible for you please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 20, 2020

I received 4 shipments of frozen food without dry ice, hence, not frozen. The food is great, but their customer service is by far the worst I have encountered! I tried contacting them multiple times multiple ways. finally got a person and he did fix the current issue, but I asked to speak to someone about their customer service, then I went on chat, I even contacted some higher up employees via LinkedIn, NO RESPONSE! I lost 45 pounds, still have about 15 to go, but am going to do it without Nutrisystem. Already have and am still losing, so they are not the end all of dieting! If you want to do it, you can!!!

Hello Jaynie,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. We do apologize for your experience.So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you and resolve this as quickly as possible for you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 19, 2020

It is past 10 days since my husband received his non-perishable products. In the past, both orders were 2 days apart. I was concerned that it would be time to place next order before the present order was complete. My concern was addressed.

Hello Carol,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We apologize to you and your husband.We ran into some inventory issues in our frozen warehouse. This created some shipping delays.So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 18, 2020

I received the dry foods I ordered, but 9 days later am still waiting for the frozen foods. I see now where they say up to 10 days. Hopefully I will get it tomorrow (Sunday?). They said there would be a delay but I thought days not weeks. I have tried to call and chat and email but no one around. That bothers me that you can't get ahold of anyone.

Hello Sandral,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. We apologize to you. We had some inventory issues in our frozen warehouse and this caused some shipping delays. Please reach out out to use at the following email address consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 16, 2020

I was new to the Nutrisystem plan. My second month order was paid for got email that I was being shipped. I got 1 package, but the frozen food never arrived. Tracked package through FedEx, (label produced, package never picked up). Well 17 days later 5 phone calls (average wait time on hold 55 minutes), 4 emails (none of which were answered) I still don't have my products that I paid for last month.

When I call customer service they can't or won't give me any firm date of delivery, they can't or won't even tell me when my resubmitted order will even be processed and shipped. When I asked to speak to a supervisor or manager who may be able to answer my questions or expedite my resubmitted order I was told they can't connect me but they will forward my info. I understand mistakes happen but a good reliable company will admit them and do whatever it takes to make their PAYING CUSTOMER satisfied. Don't get me wrong the diet works I have lost over 15 pounds but their delivery of food service, and their customer service department either just don't care, or has no ability to get anything done for a PAYING CUSTOMER!

Hello Mike,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We certainly do apologize for your experience. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. You can also reach us by phone at 1-800-585-5483.Please wait until all the options have been listed before pressing Option 1 followed by Option 8. We thank you for your review and your feedback.-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 14, 2020

I ordered the Partners program and got one of many things - nothing for partners. Customer service wouldn't answer my questions as to why so I cancelled. Bad experience with Nutrisystem for the second time now - won't go back. They lied.

Hello Chris,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are sorry for your experience with our Partner plan.We appreciate your feedback. To better assist you with this concern, please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 13, 2020

I started and my first month came in 12 days. You get a dry package and a frozen package. Typically they are suppose to be two days apart. However I missed two of mine. Called them to advise them and she ensured one of the three orders would reship. However a week and a half later and I was on hold for 2 hours and then to be hung up on and they never called me back!

I called again and she said there is nothing we can do. The turn around time is ridiculous. It’s disappointing too Bc you can’t follow the diet without your frozen food. You need all the month food to accurately follow the diet. It’s so disappointing because no one wanted to help or problem solve. Then after waiting on hold for the minimum 59 minutes each time calling in and getting nowhere. I had to cancel. It doesn’t work. Me and my husband had t cancel because the shipments were never on time.

Nutrisystem response

Hello Elizabeth, Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are sorry for your experience with our shipping and delivery timeframes. We appreciate your feedback. To better assist you with this concern, please email us directl at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 11, 2020

No weight loss was achieved and gained a total of 10lbs over the last 6 months. Disappointed in the whole experience and even became drastically sick from food poisoning from one beef stew meals. To do it off my cancellation process took over 5 hrs and my sign up process was a matter of minutes when I joined. To say the least my experience is totally dissatisfied!

Hello Elizabeth,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are sorry for your experience with our product. We appreciate your feedback. To better assist you with this concern, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 9, 2020

Didn’t lose 18lbs ... didn’t get any money refunded. Maybe too many carbohydrates... You have my record I logged in every day. Have to finish this last box. I loved having the food delivered...all together for more me. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Hello Gertrude ,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback. Our Money Back Guarantee is valid up to 14 days after receiving your first order. To better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 7, 2020

This month, I received the frozen food of someone else. I tried calling the hotline, but kept getting hung up on after the whole menu of options. I kept calling and trying different options, but still kept getting hung up on. I finally got through but I was so underwhelmed with the service. When I reported the incident, the customer service representative asked me, “well what do you want then?” I was expecting she would have had suggestions on what they can do to compensate for the mistake. She did not seem sorry on behalf of the company for the mix up.

I then decided to send an email. It took a while to get a response but they finally responded. The lady I had spoken to previously had put a note on my file saying I wanted to get compensated for the service. I sent the list of frozen food that I did not receive and was happy to receive an email this morning saying that they would send me all the frozen food free of charge! I felt relieved with the service I had gotten through email. I was already ready to cancel my subscription after the service I got over the phone but thankfully I got better service through email.

Hello Fran,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are sorry for your experience with our Customer Service Representative. We appreciate your feedback. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you further. We thank you for taking the time to post your review. We appreciate your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 7, 2020

Some of your calorie counts are off on Numi. The turkey egg muffin reads at 180 and it’s actually 210 according to the package. I am sure this can be easily corrected but you may need to review all of them.

Hello Carla,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the incorrect calories showing in NuMi with certain foods. So we can better assist you with this concern please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your full name and phone number so that we can locate your account to help you. We thank you for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 6, 2020

I received moldy pizza which turned me off this program completely. The food is not that great, the concept is but it is hard to eat anything that contains meat. It tastes disgusting. In fairness, the other foods are ok. I like the fact that there are guidelines on what to eat and when and the food is labeled as such.

Hello Nina,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We certainly do apologize for this. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. Please include your full name and address to find your account. We thank you again for your review and your feedback. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: July 5, 2020

Enjoyed the experience with Nutrisystems, however could not keep up with the auto-ship financially and also so much food so often. I will definitely consider ordering a la carte in the future, according to my needs. I was pleased that when I contacted via email, they were expedient and able to cancel my auto-ship as I requested. Thank You.

Hello Ramon,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We are so happy to hear you had a good experience with us. We here for you if you need anything. You can email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: July 4, 2020

I lost 40 pounds while on Nutrisystem and would like to lose 15-20 more pounds. However, I decided to cancel Nutrisystem for several reasons: Positive comments: Your counselors were very courteous, helpful and supportive, when I could get in touch with them. Here recently, I tried to chat and call your 800# -- all within the hours posted on your website, but got a response that I was contacting Nutrisystem out of hours. After a couple of emails, I finally got a response. While the concept is a good one, which allows me to eat the right food items, the problem for me was the food items were not entirely edible. I don't like playing Russian Roulette with my food items when I'm paying $350 a month. There's got to be a better way.

Negative comments: The food was a hit-or-miss situation, meaning, some of the food items had no taste to them and others were fine. I threw out quite a few items that were disgusting in taste. It got to a point that I didn't want to order anything differently, for fearing that it would not be good. I always followed the directions for serving.

The frozen wraps were disgusting, the bread/wrap around the frozen product was tasteless; I told one counselor they tasted like cardboard (though, I've never actually tasted cardboard). Any bread product was not edible (hard to chew, even with my 'natural' teeth) after microwaving. The first time I tried an egg sandwich, the egg tasted like a sponge with moisture or water coming through. I tried to choose different products each month, but the last time I only ordered those products that I thought would taste good, which it then become only a few products -- which is not good for a diet. How is one to know which products taste good? I've decided to move on and do it alone. I've chosen my own food items to complete my weight loss and am doing fine with it.

Regards,

Jack

Hello Jack,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention in order for us to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this concern and address it properly please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. - The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 29, 2020

In addition to the sinful shipping charges (50% of products) it is impossible to navigate the site or to find how to reach customer service. There is almost zero support. Chat tells you to send an email. No response to emails.

Hello Roberta,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your experience. We want to help you. Please chat Live with an agent at www.nutrisystem.com with any questions you have. We will be glad to help you with your questions about our site or anything else about our plans, prices, and products. We look forward to hearing from you.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 26, 2020

They screw up again for the second time. Got the same thing in both order and when I call was on hold for 30 minutes. Got hung up. Chat line is a joke. No one help me there. Having trouble learning this. Haven't loss since day 1. I want to weigh 110. I now weigh 156. No one understand. I have trouble understanding if not showing it's my money. Had 4 friends that wants to join and I told them no cause you people don't help.

Hello Sandy,

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry to hear about your current account issues. We want to help you with this. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with the plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 24, 2020

It is impossible to get help from you!! We have tried numerous times to call. We have sent emails and we get no response!! This is very upsetting. This is supposed to be a respectable company. Why do you advertise special offers when you are not here to service your customers? Covid is a lame excuse for bad service! If we don't get help with our concern, we will have our credit card cancel payment. We need to speak to someone who can help us. Call us at **. I am also on the verge of calling the Better Business Bureau.

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your review. We are now able to be reached via phone, chat or email. We want to help you with your meal plan. To better assist you, please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you with your meal plan.

~ Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: June 23, 2020

As of June 2020 Nutrisystem is claiming Covid-19 is preventing them from doing anything right. They are advertising a full menu of foods, but many of the higher quality foods are not available and they'll substitute inferior foods at their will. Yet, they never reduce the price of the rather expensive meal plans. Nutrisystem has also failed to meet adequate shipping times and monthly food deliveries show up 10 days late. When I complained saying I needed the food to stay on the diet a "counselor" replied, "I can help you with Flex meals." In other words, how not to use Nutrisystem.

Hello Peter,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review.I am terribly sorry for your experience. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing a higher than normal interest in our products.We are still delivering within our standard 1-10 business day time frame. We do apologize that some of your food was subsituted.So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience.We thank you for your review and your feedback- Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

Original review: June 21, 2020

All of 9 frozen bars delivered were thawed and runny. This week missing a dinner. I canceled last week on the 11th. Received confirmation then was delivered more food on the 17th and 18th. I cant reach anyone by phone. Frustrated because otherwise I really like the program and food.

Hello Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us with your review. We are so sorry for your experience with your order. We would like the opportunity to resolve this concern with you. So we can better assist you with this please email us directly at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com.You can also reach us by phone at 1-800-585-5483. Please press Option 1 follow by Option 8. -The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience team

Original review: June 19, 2020

I ordered my NutriSystem on June 14 and it shipped on the 16th. According to the NutriSystem email and website I had until June 23 to make any changes. Mostly I am very unhappy that they just threw whatever they wanted to in a box and shipped it to me. When I called Customer Service she said it matched what I had ordered previously. No it did not! I do not like Asian food, I don't want cereal for breakfast and I certainly don't want sweet bars for lunch or dinner. She did not help me and transferred me to the survey tree. Which I gave her all 1's. I just want to cancel my account but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that.

Nutrisystem response

Thank you for reaching out to us with your review. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We want to help with this and to make right on the situation. So we can better assist you with this please email us at consumerexperience@nutrisystem.com. You can also call us to cancel at 1-800-585-5483. Please press Option 1 and then Option 6. Thank you for your review and feedback-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team.

Original review: June 18, 2020

Do not do business with this company. Someone without my knowledge used my credit card information and they flagged my account. I have been trying to rectify this situation for well over a month now and Nutrisystem does not care. I have emailed, called, chatted and nothing seems to change. My account is still locked and now my diet is trashed. They do not seem to care about their customers as I was given an telephone extension to call by one of the employees and he has not called me back. I am tired of having to fight to get my account back in good standing. I purchased $200 worth of gift cards and since my account is still flagged, I cannot use them and essentially have lost $200. Please stay away from this company if you expect to have good customer service.

Hello Jason,