Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.65/5

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Welcome to Weight Loss That Works. For over 40 years, we’ve helped millions of people lose weight and find the lighter side of life. With easy-to-follow plans featuring balanced food shipped straight to you, plus the support you need to succeed on your own terms, Nutrisystem provides real weight loss results you can count on.

Discover what America’s #1 Home Delivery Weight Loss Program can do for you—a happier, healthier you is just a call or click away.

View More View More

Take a Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Nutrisystem Reviews

Resolution response: Nov. 18, 2019

Nutrisystem had no intention of customer satisfaction! Business courses always stress 1) the customer is always correct, and 2) a satisfied customer is your best advertisement. I will not ever recommend or purchase from Nutrisystem again!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have ordered Nutrisystem numerous times and I have been successful losing weight most of the time. Recently, I received my notice of auto ship; however, the price had gone up approximately $100 for the same products that I originally agreed. When I questioned the customer service representative, I was told that they could remove part of my agreement. The representative angered me for her suggestions, so I canceled my auto shipment. She said my actions in canceling my order would result in an additional charge of $120 to my credit card on file. I’ll never use Nutrisystem again nor will I recommend to anyone else.

Hello Tommy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team and I want to apologize for the negative experience that you had. I understand why you would be frustrated by the increase in price and I look forward to helping.

When you enroll in an auto-delivery program you receive a discount off of the one-time order price. Since you receive a discount we ask that you accept at least two orders. If you cancel after the 14 day Money Back Guarantee period has ended and prior to receiving a second order there is a standard fee, which is $125, to make up for the initial discount received. Once you accept a second order there is no fee if you decide to cancel your program.

Any A La Carte items added to your first order will remain on your future orders until you remove them. I apologize if you had extra items on your first order that you were unaware would carry over to your second order.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details shortly.

Have a great day, Tommy!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

The “canned” email sent to me did not address my specific concerns. I did not even imagine my 2nd month would start with eating ALL of my own food totally. At no time was I made aware I would run out of Nutrisystem food. I would ask that you provide an adjustment on the cost of my next order if I am going to continue this program. Responsible customer service is very important to me. Please forward to your superior. Bonnie **

Hello Bonnie,

I am a member for the Consumer Experience Team at Nutrisystem. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. I apologiz that the configuration of the plan was not clear. I am happy to explain.

Our program is configured to leave out 6 breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks for the month (8 breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks in your 2nd and subsequent orders). This will allow you to practice making healthy meals on your own or if you have an upcoming event, there is no need to worry about getting back-logged on your food. We understand that this can be stressful and nerve-racking when trying to make healthy meals on your own. However, we want you to know that the Counseling team is here to help you navigate the waters.

This information is listed on the website and if you sign up over the phone, our agents do disclose this. I will reach out privately with more information on the Flex Meals and more information that you can use to get on track while you are waiting for your next shipment.

I look forward to assisting you!

-Your Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team Member

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I started my 2nd week on the Nutrisystem plan yesterday and I feel fantastic. I've lost 5 pounds, sleeping much better and feel like myself again. Just wanted to express my gratitude with the exceptional support I have received and compliment you on a great nutrition program. I couldn't be happier with my experience. Also, the NuMi app is a lifesaver. I couldn't imagine doing the program without it.

Hi Derek,

We appreciate you taking the time to send in your review. Thank you for letting us know what a wonderful experience you are having so far on the plan. Congrats on your weight loss.

Please keep us posted on your continued success, we love hearing the updates!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I sent in an order without adding my gift card - called in and a very nice lady. Redid my order with the card-but the order was never placed. When I sent an email to customer service they explained and my order has been processed!!! Very happy with the customer service.

Hi Sheila,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are sorry to hear about the confusion with your order. We appreciate the update regarding your experience when you emailed us for assistance. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

Large Nutrisystem Box was very damaged and partially open, when delivered to front door. It sat at my front door for maybe 5 minutes before getting it in house.

Anyone could have gotten into it. All the packages look OK. Just don’t have a good feeling about it. Thank you.

Hello Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to reach out to assist with your damaged package.

I'm so sorry to hear your order arrived in that condition. We take the quality of our products very seriously here at Nutrisystem, and I'd certainly like to report the matter with our Quality assurance Team so they can notify our shipper. I appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention, Jill. I'd be glad to help you with the reporting process if I could gather any information or pictures you may have.

Once I'm able to look into your account, I'll be reaching out privately soon to assist with your further. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a great week, Jill!

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nutrisystem?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

I have had a great overall experience with Nutrisystem. I am doing two months of the Men's Uniquely Yours Plan for now and I am starting my second month. I lost 10 pounds total in the first month and kept it off. I will disclose that I am only needing to lose around 25/30 pounds to get to my normal body weight but unfortunately I have a thyroid issue which makes it difficult for me to lose weight and I gain weight very quickly.

The customer service has been great with resolving any issues. A lot of people seem to be confused about the plans, if you sign up with an offer you need to do two months so look at what the cost is going to be for the first and second month before you sign up. But the thing is that it is very easy to cancel after the two months and then just sign up again (maybe with an even better offer). So it's pretty flexible in that respect. The food is pretty good for diet food, the frozen items are better than the dried. I really like that they have a good amount of high protein items so you don't lose muscle while dieting. So I have no complaints and glad I lost the 10 pounds in my first month. If I can update this after my second month I will.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how pleased you are with the plan. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Hope you have a great day and congrats on your weight loss!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I had an issue with my order and Nutrisystem resolved it quickly, and with zero stress. Their attention to my concern was professional to my total satisfaction. I would recommend Nutrisystem to anyone looking to lose weight as their product is terrific and they stand behind it 100%.

Hi Barry,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience when you contacted us for assistance. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Resolution response: Nov. 6, 2019

I really appreciate how Nutrisystem took my issue seriously and looked into the matter then stepped-up and made it right. They really went above beyond to restore my faith in their customer service.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I was a returning customer earlier this year. I was excited to get back on Nutrisystem but unfortunately I had a financial emergency and had to cancel before my 2nd month shipped. The issue I had was when I called to cancel the guy I spoke with asked me why I was canceling. I didn't go into great detail but I did express that I was currently having financial issues and just couldn't afford to stay on the program. I already knew I would take a $125 hit to cancel but instead of being an understanding human being this man proceeds to try to get me to spend $200 for one more shipment of food.

This was NOT ok! I did not appreciate someone trying to pressure me into spending more money after I just broke down and explained my financial situation. Sometimes others need to be understanding and not always out to make a buck. This whole situation put this program in a bad light for me, I definitely would've returned but now I don't care to. Please change how you handle these sensitive situation with your customers.

Hello Noe,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and your feedback. I am sorry to hear about the trouble an frustration you went through.

I will be looking into your account to see how I can assist you and improve your overall experience. As soon as I have information on how I can assist you I will reach out privately.

I look forward to speaking with you!

-Your Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team Member

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I enjoyed it, lost my weight, made my goal! I called to see why I did not get my last two bears for my 40 and 50 pound goals, and to let them know that I had a financial set back and would be starting up again as soon as I was able, last May. Did not get my bears and no congrats for making goal.

Hello Darlene,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and congrats on reaching goal! I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive your bears.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out soon to see how I can help. I look forward to working with you!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

First, received the wrong order. Then I received a pile of smelly rotten food as a replacement. I was charged twice. But Nutri won't refund my charges - it's against their policy... called the card co. to complain and assure payments are not processed --- what a company!! Careful before ordering!!

Hi Oliver,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I understand why you would feel frustrated by the response you received and look forward to helping.

I will be looking into your account further and reaching out with more details on your orders.

We look forward to working with you, Oliver. Have a great day!

Resolution response: Jan. 2, 2020

They solved the problem and apologize for the misunderstanding.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I usually don't give reviews but I feel frustrated. Before ordering consider you will need to buy 2 full months if not they will charge you a $150 cancellation fee. Doesn't matter your situation, you need to buy the 2 months of $300 each. I only lost weight the first week. "Fresh Start Week" I lost 6 lbs (my goal was at least 14 lbs) and after that I lost no weight at all. Just kept my weight so I did not achieved my goal.

Disappointed on the product but more specifically in the customer service, since my first order was made with the help of a representative and talked with that person for a long time and the cancellation fee was never mentioned. Make sure you are willing to pay 600 dlls for two months of diet (weekdays, you still need to buy your own food on the weekends), because you cannot go back no matter if you are dissappointed. JUST AWFUL EXPERIENCE FOR ME!! UGH!

Hi Ericka,

Thanks for taking the time to share about your experience. Congratulations on your weight loss so far! It's understandable how disappointing this process can be if your weight loss is not progressing as you would have hoped.

My apologies that the terms were not made more clear to you at the time of signing up.

As a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, I will be in touch with you privately to help address your concerns regarding your weight loss and terms of sign up. Please enjoy your evening.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I still do not understand why I have so many dinners left from my 1st week. I still haven’t received my second box of frozen food which I am sure will have even more frozen food for dinner. Also, I do not have enough snacks to have 1 a day. I need explanation on the. Please.

Hello Corina,

Thanks for reaching out about your plan, we are happy to help!

We will be taking a look at your account and reaching out to assist.

We look forward to connecting with you to help, Corina!

Resolution response: Nov. 26, 2019

I just meant the one bad apple. All the rest were fantastic to me. They did for me what I asked.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Received an email stating that a 2nd shipment was about to be sent. When I contacted NS; the woman said it was the booklet that was being sent, not the next food order, but there was nothing in the mail that indicated that. She said the booklets are not longer being sent, and that recording of food can be done on NuMi. I told her that not everyone was as young as she. She quickly replied not to get personal. I told her that I had paid her a compliment, and she could take it or not. I also told her that NS needs to change its user unfriendly automated phone system and the reasons why. She said that wasn't going to happen because it had just recently been changed. Any other questions. Nope. I thought she was rude. Need better training for those who answer the phones.

Hello Doug,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team at Nutrisystem. I am sorry to hear of your recent interaction and appreciate your feedback.

I am going to look into your account to see if there is anything I can do to assist you and improve this experience. I will reach out privately soon.

I look forward to speaking with you!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I phoned on Oct. 20, 2019 to NutriSystem asking for the booklet which I could use to keep track of the food I eat each day - it was missing from my order. She said she would send one out in 1-10 business days. I start my first week diet on 21; thus hope it arrives on time. 2nd. I asked about NuMi; she said it's only available on my phone with the App; I told her it was available on computer when I was on the diet before. Later I called into to NuMi, and Corry said it is available on the computer, and he walked me through it. What a nice guy. Appreciated his friendliness and competence. Thanks. I don't know if the rating is for the lady with whom I first talked, or with the young gentleman, I talked with later. For the female a 3; for the male a 5.

Hi Doug,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We would like to apologize for the misinformation that you received when you first called in for assistance. We will be sure to let Corry's supervisor know what a great job he did on your phone call. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reach out at 1-800-585-5483 press option two.

Hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

High salt and blood pressure problems do not mix. I believe I was misled when I signed up for the 2 months for the price of 1 month with a money back guarantee. When I initially called to cancel because of the reasons stated above, your rep was quite rude and said I was being billed monthly at the rate of $300 plus. None of this makes sense to me. Why did I pay all of this money when I was not able to eat your food. I do still have some of the NOT Frozen food in my pantry...but have been considering just dumping it. When I called to report that my ankles had swollen considerably and said I needed to cancel, the rep was not at all helpful.

Hello Dianne,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your overall experience on the plan. I certainly understand your frustration and am happy to assist further to get this straightened out for you.

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

As I stated above, I only wanted to loose 8lbs. After 3 weeks I'm down 1lb which I could have easily done on my own. The counselor said that was because I was already at a healthy weight. Well, why didn't they tell me that before they took my money? The food in my opinion is not really tasty, too many high calorie bars. I'm very disappointed, I feel by now I should have easily reached my goal.

Hi Rochelle,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for writing your review about your weight loss and the meals you received. I apologize for any frustration you have experienced and look forward to helping.

In a typical week 1-2 pounds is expected if you are eating everything required. If you are currently in a healthy weight range you can still lose weight on our program, but it will be a lot slower.

I will be looking into your account and reaching out with more details on your concerns.

We look forward to working with you, Rochelle.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I am highly upset with Nutrisystem. I thought Nutrisystem gave a schedule and detail plan of what and when to eat. I discovered Nutrisystem is like a puzzle that you have to put together. Your website displays a picture showing a detailed plan with meals and times. That is the only reason I went with your program. Because I needed that type of discipline.I am 65 years old on a fixed income, paid you $324 to be told now I need to go to the grocery store and purchase additional items. With what money?

Hello Velma,

Thank you for reaching out to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. I wanted to write you to see if I could assist with your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear the program is not as structured as you would have liked. Customers on our plan add groceries of their own each day using our portion guidelines in hopes that this will help them make lifestyle changes. We wanted to provide them with tools to use for when they are ready to maintain and do things on their own and the flexibility to have some of the things they may miss if we were to provide all of the meals. Our Counseling Team is available at 800-585-5483, option #2 then option #2, if you ever have questions on following the meal plan. They are glad to be your support team while you are on the program.

We also have plans that come with more meals if you are looking for more structure to start. I certainly appreciate your feedback though, and I'd be glad to share the your feedback with our Program Development Team. I'll be reaching out privately soon to see if I can assist you further, and I look forward to speaking with you! I hope you have a great week, Velma.

- The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I ordered during the claim of two months for the price of one. When I saw the first order was 317 I continued as I assumed I would get the next order for free. When I contacted your customer service I was told that I was receiving 50 percent off already. This implied that the regular price was 634. Nowhere did I find this to be an accurate price and instead found my “50%” off price to be accurate full price for a month. This to me is the most blatant form of false advertising and makes me question your company. I will not be continuing.

Hello Conor,

We are very sorry to hear that there was a misunderstanding with the promotion.

The 2 for 1 Sale is offered to those signing up on auto delivery. This gives you two orders for the price of one at a one time delivery pricing.

This offers essentially 50% off the retail price on these and all future orders on the autodelivery. We will be happy to take a look at your account and reach out.

We hope this better explains that promotion and let us know if you have any other questions, Conor!

-The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

I was missing a cheese packet for one of my meals. Your customer service got right on it and sent me a whole new meal. I received it very quickly and was not charged. I also just received another email that you are sending me another meal with my shipment that is arriving at the end of the month. Thank you.

Hi Bridget,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience when you called in for assistance. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I called the other day because I was having issues navigating the website (not the friendliest site). The woman helped me reset my program but was very unhelpful and short with me regarding my mobile app issues and not being able to download or print from my iPad. She referred me to my nearest Apple store. She indicated there was no one who could help me. Is that true?

Hello Maureen,

Sorry to hear about the disappointing experience you had when reaching out to us about accessing our website on your iPad. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. A member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be reaching out to you soon to assist you regarding this issue. Please enjoy the rest of your day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

An email sent out 4 days ago to inquiring a "2-for-1 promotion" right on your company website and see if it's applicable to the order placed. Question is simple and order number and phone number were also provided but I waited for 4 days to receive an email to ask me to call directly at 1-800-585-5483. Whoever had the time to send me this can simply call me. The service sucks!

Hi Rebecca,

The 2 for 1 promotion is a 50% discount that you are eligible for if you enroll in an auto-delivery program. I will be looking into your account further and reaching out with more details on your promotion.

We look forward to working with you, Rebecca. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I was so thrilled by talking to a counselor and placing a crafted plan for my food allergies. Box came with no starter pack and not sure if I have done things correctly. I waited for missing shakes to start a week and a half. Counselor #2 never sent me detailed email promised about running plan without fresh start (FS) box. I use Numi app but it seems set on FS plan. Very disappointed. Hard enough being on night shift and having to figure it out or call counselor and no follow up. Everything is advertisement that is sent.

Hello Kathleen,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and welcome to the plan! I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team at Nutrisystem and will be happy to assist you!

I understand that starting a diet is hard enough and without any information on how to start, it doesn't get easier. I am going to take a look at your account and gather all of the information that I think will be beneficial to you. Then I will reach out Privately to review the plan and get you everything you need to get started on the right foot!

I look forward to speaking with you and helping you reach your goals, Kathleen.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I lost 30 pounds in six months, then plateaued out for three months of losing nothing. Switching to a different diet for the next 30 pounds. I thought the food selection was great and the meals were tasty, but the end result not satisfactory.

Hello Mic,

I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with your overall weight loss

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I miss not having a consistent coach. Five years ago I successfully lost 110 pounds in 13 months. The reason I believe that I was so successful was that I had a dedicated coach with whom I spoke every week. My coach knew immediately what I did well, what I struggled with, etc. I find it difficult to have to talk to whomever answers the phone. Because of this, I never know who I'm going to talk with and if I'm getting conflicting advice. I would certainly prefer having a dedicated coach who knows me.

I found out today that I needed information that is not in the booklet. I haven't given up, but I REALLY miss having a dedicated coach who knows me. I don't really like talking with whomever answers the phone. Consequently, I've only lost four pounds in 7 weeks. I don't have the time or money to move at this snail's pace. I need consistent help from someone who actually knows me and your program. This is at least the 3rd conversation I've had with your counselors. Also, after today's conversation, I FINALLY got info that is NOT in your Daily Tracker booklet. If I don't start losing two pounds a week in the coming month, I'm sorry to say I'll be done with Nutrisystem.

Nutrisystem response

Hello Sue. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! I am a member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team, and I just wanted to reach out to you about your concerns.

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your weight loss this time around. Nutrisystem wanted to offer the convenience of calling or chatting in when assistance was needed instead of enforcing weekly coaching, but I certainly understand where you are coming from, Sue. I'd be glad to share your feedback on the matter with the appropriate team.

I'll be looking into your concern in more detail and reaching out privately soon to see if I can assist you further. I look forward to speaking with you and hope you have a great weekend, Sue!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Overall your seven day menu is great. However, in my case I will have to substitute all fat free items. I don't like them, ok! Some items I can't get. I thought I was to take the Nutri-system Fresh Start Shake 3 time or more a week; not 1 x a week.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the 7-day Sample Menu. It's wonderful to hear that it has been helpful to you. A member of the Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be in touch with you soon to help address any additional questions or concerns you may have about acceptable grocery food additions. Please enjoy your day Jim!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I received my first order and am very happy with the contents. Everything came and the food tastes great. I am new to Nutri System and plan to continue with the program. Alexa, who registered me in, was very professional.

Hi Matti,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear how much you are enjoying the plan so far. We appreciate you letting us know about your experience when you spoke with Alexa. We will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to her supervisor.

Hope you have a great day!

The Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I have been on Nutrisystem for a couple years. Some months I was better about watching my intake and I did lose weight. The food is convenient and some of it is good. However, if you are vegetarian or, like me, do not eat beef or pork, the available options are fewer. Also, favorite items are often discontinued which leaves one scrambling to find other items to fill the gaps. Lastly, I have had two instances where there were issues with the food itself. Once where the food tasted like a chemical--in all fairness it was a limited number of them. This instance Nutrisystem was very responsive and replaced the items.

However, the latest (Monday), I found wood pieces in my food. I sent an email to Nutrisystem with a photo and also indicated I still had the remaining food. So far other than the robo-response to my email, there has not been any contact from Nutrisystem (it is Friday). This was my last straw as I am trying to keep a healthy weight in a healthy manner and I should not be worried about what is hiding out in the food. At the very least, Nutrisystem should have been interested in the information so they could prevent this from happening to another customer. I ended up calling in and I let the rep know what had happened. He was very friendly but more interested in selling me a more inclusive plan rather than get the information on the tainted food. I cancelled my auto order.

Hello Lori,

I am a member of the Consumer Experience Team. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I completely understand why you would feel frustrated by the issues you have experienced with some of your meals as well as our email response time.

We have been experiencing a higher email volume and I apologize that you haven't received a response to your email. We take our food quality very seriously and appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I will be looking into your account further and reaching out with more details.

We look forward to working with you, Lori. Have a great week!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I emailed your customer service department TWICE and didn't get anything but an auto-reply until today - six days later. That email told me they saw that my issue was dealt with when I called out of frustration. Your response time is terrible. If it's always going to be that bad, I'd suggest you just eliminate it and direct everyone to call.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for sharing your feedback regarding your experience when attempting to reach us via email. We apologize for the inconvenience. A member of our Nutrisystem Consumer Experience Team will be in touch with you soon to help address your concerns soon. Please enjoy the rest of your day.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to add a PF & SC to the pre-packaged snacks and meals on non-Flex days. The customer service rep was very helpful telling me how to do it and that the shakes are in place of a pre-packaged snack.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for reaching out with your review. We are so happy to hear about your experience when you called in for assistance. We will be sure to pass on your positive feedback.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I was very happy with my call. I was able to get the info I needed and found out that I wasn't eating everything I should. My experience has been really great with Nutrisystem. Lady I talked to was very helpful.

Hi Chrisann,