ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.31/5

Beachbody is a leading provider in fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs. Our programs are not only easily accessible, but most importantly, they deliver results. Forget about those boring workouts to obtain the body you have always dreamed of. With Beachbody, you will be able to pick from a wide variety of workout styles and be able to reach those fitness goals you always thought about. From our active workouts to our ‘shakeology' program, Beachbody is here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today!

Beachbody Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Beachbody Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I loved Beachbody. It made me transform. I was 209 pounds and now I went down to 168, and it made me feel good. I went from a 4X to small and medium clothes now from all my programs. It's my first time wearing a bikini since I was a young kid, and I just turned 28. I could breathe better. I even had to change my driver picture because I lost so much weight and it didn't look anything like me. It's awesome.

The way they talk to you in the video, it's like they're there and they're saying, "I'm watching you. You could do more." Especially, Shaun T. He is funny. He makes you laugh, and he's there making sure you're not tightening. I did the Tilt, Tuck, Tighten, Hip Hop Abs, to the CIZE workout, and everything he has done and came out with. I've done Hard Corps, where I did the intense part when they want you to do bear crawls. I've have had so much fun that I just keep going. Now I'm just trying to do definition without losing my weight. I don't want to lose no more weight. I just wanna work on muscle.

I've done the before and after pictures, but I never received any of my stuff. And then, I entered for the contest and wrote a story. But I didn't hear anything about none of that either. I bought a lot of videos, and I did everything that came out. They told me that I would receive Boxercise and then I would get a Hard Corps. I was in the running for the biggest reward which I entered the contest because that was a lot to lose in one summer. But I haven't head anything about that. Other than that, Beachbody really motivated me. I loved the programs and I did them and followed them. I worked super hard from the sweating and making sure I stayed on path, getting a Fitbit watch and getting about 10,000 or 15,000 steps a day, dedicated to doing my workouts, doing the extra things they say you could do like the bonus features, and it all paid off.

Hi Nashonite,

You’ve lost weight and have kept it off using Beachbody program and supplements to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workout routine.
You decided to accomplish your health and fitness goals, and now your friends and family can also be impacted by your success. We are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. Yes, I agree with you, the way our trainers conduct the workouts makes a big difference. Shaun T is my favorite.

With that said, we are very proud of your accomplishments and honored to be a part of your journey. Thank you for being part of our Beachbody Community.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have a library of Beachbody workouts and every year, for Christmas, I would get a new program, either from my parents or my in-laws. It works out well because it puts me on the program for a while. The prices are pretty extreme, but the products have generally been worth it and have been better than what I've seen. I've done P90X, P90X2, and the 3. I also have Slim in 6. I've done a little bit of Shaun T's and Body Beast. I pick one per day and whatever is not sore usually gets selected or however much time I have because I have a little one and he sometimes doesn't nap as long as I would like. I used Beachbody to get my baby fat gone and it didn't take as long as I was afraid it would.

I enjoyed how the Body Beast is a little bit shorter. It's not all super-duper long, which is really encouraging because it's hard to commit to an hour-long workout with P90X. Even though most of the time, I'm in the gym long enough to be there, it's hard to initially get started. I also like the way it logged most of the workouts. At the end of the workout will be the ab workout and with it automatically attached, when you hit play, it looks like it was already a part of your time, or else I wouldn't do it. It's all psychological, but it's what works. If I can get through the first five minutes, I'm good.

I tend to bulk up extraordinarily fast. I follow bodybuilding and they're the community that appreciates that. But I also have a background in figure skating and that community does not appreciate that so I balance it. There's a decent amount of yoga stuff out there, but I wanna move a little bit more and a lot of holding positions can be a bit tough. Also, I crank my music up and that just doesn't fit with the yoga feel. have been drawn more toward Pilates and have augmented a lot of my workouts with it. Also, I can't seem to get the core I want unless I do Pilates. The only time I stray from Beachbody products is to get that workout. They should come up with a kick-ass Pilates program and explore that niche a bit more.

Hi Carolyn,

We are ecstatic to hear that you love our Beachbody workout Programs. We understand that it can be a challenge to always go to a gym or fitness facility, especially in your case, with your little one who does not like to take naps. Keep up the great work! We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an essential piece within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I was on Instagram and a lady with Beachbody eventually became my coach. She would always post videos of herself which were funny, real and relatable. She would post with no makeup which I liked because usually, people are all made up. She'll get on there with a towel on her head and I'd always watch her until one day, I asked why she posts videos of her exercising every day. Then, I ordered the online thing for a year, then the Shakeology.

I tried Shakeology and I didn't care for it. I tried it a million different ways and I just couldn't really get it down. The only way I could do it was to put half of it into something else. And then, it was like I was choking it down. I hated it. But I've been told that I should try a different flavor. Although the idea of it and the nutrients are very positive, I wouldn't not recommend it to anybody. Or I'd recommend trying it or trying in different flavors because I think I just didn't order the right thing for me.

But as far as the streaming video, I love it. I could choose a different workout whenever I wanted and I was totally into it. Supposed to be, it's 30 minutes a day, but I would do an hour and a half. I would send in my before and after pictures. I didn't lose that much weight, but my body changed so much. I still had some fat on my belly, but in the 21 days, I had abs. And with the Shaun T program, I lost about 17 pounds after 21 days because it was mostly cardio.

Then, I started to do the CORE DE FORCE and I loved it. I love the moves and they take my mind off the fact that I'm exercising. However, I was halfway through doing CORE DE FORCE and I snapped a ligament in my ankle. I have not been able to exercise since, not even yoga. I can't balance on that leg. I was doing everything, but when I use that leg, I would hold on to something. I measured my calves and one was a half an inch bigger than the other. It's completely healed but it healed wrongly so I'm getting a surgery to fix it.

Also, I haven't spoken with my coach for a while because of my injury. Nevertheless, she's the best coach. She's a Diamond coach and is very successful in the business. And she truly cares about all of her coachees. Either that or she has an extreme gift in making everybody believe that she cares. Either way, she's in the perfect job. She wants to help women because she's been there where you're not really fat but you're chunky and not happy. It took her two years to get to where she is now physically.

She's the reason that I stayed with Beachbody. She would answer the silliest of questions, like, "I feel like I'm doing this workout and my upper body is so weak. I feel like it can do two push-ups and that's it. What would you recommend?" She would say, "Oh, do this little segment of this workout every day with your workout, it'll help." I did ask a lot of questions at first because I'm 45 and I have fibromyalgia, and I have never exercised like that on purpose in my life with a video or in a gym.

Having fibromyalgia is just one of those things you can't predict. You feel great one day and the next day, out of nowhere, you feel like you can't even move off the couch. And those days, when I was working out, I felt poor at first. I would have only a couple of bad days for the whole month, but normally, I'm half and half. I didn't know if it was the eating healthy or the working out or both, but whatever I was doing, it was working. It made me feel so much better. I started to take medicine, but I took less and my energy level was through the roof. When my husband gets home from working all day, I would ask him if he wants to walk. Having the right coach made all the difference, from making it just a thing you see on TV to an actual personal experience.

Dear Stephanie,

We are certainly happy you found a supportive and relatable coach. As having a support system can truly make a difference in your health and fitness journey. We are sorry to hear that our shakeology wasn’t a good it for you, but we understand that we all have different taste’s and preferences. We do have many other products that may be a better fit for you and do hope you give them a try in the future. We wish you all the best with your health and fitness goal. Keep pressing play.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased the original Beachbody P90X in 2008. I ordered it online and it showed up. It was easy. I use Beachbody On Demand now and the program is super simple. Every once in a while, the site will go down. I walk into the gym, put it on and it won’t work. That happened once or twice out of all the times I’ve done it. And the only way you can download the program for future use is through your phone. I wish I could download through my laptop so that if there is a power outage or an internet outage, I would be able to have some of those downloads to be able to workout using my laptop. If you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to go to a workout at five and the server is down and the only reason you’re up that early is to workout, that can be a little frustrating.

But everything else, I’m wonderfully excited and happy about. I've had amazing results with Beachbody. I’ve lost around 16 pounds since December. My strength, performance, and endurance have gone up. My heart rate is down and my VO2 max is up. I also love the nutrition plan that goes along with the program. I am vegan and have been plant-based for the last three years so the fact that LIIFT4 is incorporating meal planning with that is pretty awesome. I know a couple of the others have done that as well and it makes it easy on that side of things. The nutrition program makes it easy for me to recommend the program to people in my circle of friends who are also plant-based or trying to move away from meat or processed food. I really like that they’re coming along in that aspect.

Another thing is it costs $100 a month nowadays to a gym whereas I could pay a 100 bucks to get the Beachbody program for a year. I just do it in a little gym at my condo and I can do it when I want. I can download it to my phone and take it with me so if I ever travel, it’s right there. I can put it in and 30 minutes later, I’m done. I don't have to think about planning a workout. It’s just in and out and over with. I’m also a law school student so it’s great to be able to do the program. I do the LIIFT4 program four days a week and for 30 to 40 minutes a day of those four days. It just takes all of the thinking out of it. I’m still able to be fit and in shape even with a sedentary situation like law school. It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results.

Hi Bryan,

We are ecstatic to hear that you are loving your Beachbody on Demand membership. Not only have you been able to

incorporate nutritious tips from LIIFT 4 that fit into your plant-based healthy lifestyle, but Beachbody on Demand, in general, provides you with the convenience that you need, as a busy law school student to get in a great workout on your time and anywhere that you would like. With over 700 (+) workouts to choose from On Demand, you never have to worry about ever getting bored with your workouts. With Beachbody on Demand, you said it best, "It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results."

We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an important piece within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I'm really happy with this program. I've been more successful with it. I've been doing maintenance now for months and I've never been able to continue. I usually gain it back and I've tried everything over the decades. With Beachbody, I've lost 43 pounds and tons of inches. And I'm 52 years old so I had great doubt that I could do anything like that. But I feel so much better now. It's unbelievable. I feel like a new person. I would tell others to do it as well. I've talked to a few friends and they’re now in our challenge group because they also know my coach through work. They've signed up for it and purchased whatever is suitable for what they need, and they're all very happy with it too.

I've tried Refresh, the subscription, like Beachbody on Demand, Energize and Recover. I'm very faithful with following the workouts so the Energize works really well for me. I keep up with it, not so much with the Recover, and I only use a half scoop. I don't need the whole scoop and it is great especially for those work mornings when I have to get up earlier to workout. It gives me what I need to get going so I'm very satisfied with that. I also love the Shakeology. I did that for a while but the cost made it hard for me to keep up with it. But I love the fact that I get a yearly subscription to everything else and all the stuff I get with that. So that's primo. I love it. The ordering process is pretty good too. I made my purchases online and I didn't have any problem with it. There are so many things there though, and I would try to understand what it all is. But once I got familiar with all the choices that I had, that made it easier. Now, I have my favorite things.

Hello Deb,

You've lost 43 pounds and have kept it off using Beachbody programs and supplements, like energize to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workouts.

This life changing news is something that should be shared and rather, we realize it or not,

our success stories are true testimonies to the Beachbody philosophy that if you decide on your goals, commit to achieving them, you will ultimately succeed. You made a decision to accomplish your health and fitness goals and now your friends and family have also been impacted by your success. This news is life changing and we are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. You made Beachbody make sense for you and selected your favorite tools to help you achieve, such a wonderful transformation. With Beachbody on Demand being just $99 for the year, and having the option to pay semi-annually or quarterly, it really is one of the best deals that we have ever seen.

With that said, we are truly proud of your accomplishments and honored to be apart of your journey. Thank you for being a wonderful part within the Beachbody Community.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

He is a liar. It tell you to text 303030 for a free Beachbody on demand workout program but what he doesn't tell you is they require a credit card for what they are claiming is completely free on the commercial.... Stay away from false advertisement like this. They are lying to you...

Hello Evanka,

When our customers text 303030 we offer a free 14-day trial, which allows the chance to take advantage of our online streaming. This provides you with access to the entire collection of Beachbody workouts at that time. To ensure that you do not get bored with your workouts, as well as have enough variety to accomplish your fitness goals, members are automatically enrolled within an official Beachbody On Demand i.e. BOD subscription, to receive access 24-7 to over 700 (+) Beachbody workouts, meal plans, and more. Our customers can cancel at any time during the 14-day free trial to avoid any future billing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

One of my friends is a coach, so she got me involved with Beachbody. I started this April, but I kinda fell off the way. I gained a little bit the last couple of weeks because I was a little sick and Thanksgiving. I started out with 80 Day Obsession though, and I had really great results, which is why I’ve stuck with it up to this point. I’ve done Planet Fitness, and I got DVDs. But they could have a greater variety of products. They could throw something else in with the stuff that we’re buying to make it feel like we’re getting our money’s worth.

Beachbody response
    We are honored to have you as a member of the Beachbody community and would like to encourage you to please keep up with the great work! 80-Day Obsession continues to be one of our most popular workout programs.
    With Beachbody on Demand's Step-by-Step workouts, you will not only able to achieve great results but gain knowledge of proper form and the best combinations to use to get amazing results!
    You have made the right choice.

Thank you so much for the feedback.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be more excited of where I'm at and just proud of myself. I get so many compliments now. I enjoy the Transform 20 workout and it's my go-to because it fits my lifestyle and it's done in 20 minutes. I also enjoy the recent workout by Jericho. There's something about being able to start a program when I know other people are starting it. The community through Beachbody and social media keep me accountable even though I may not know them. Having the community there is awesome. Working out has really changed how I look.

Hi Kaleena,

There is so much power in sharing information, and we are pleased to hear that you are doing amazing. We are ecstatic to hear about the Beachbody has worked for you. We are so proud of your accomplishments and honored to be a part of your journey. Thank you for being a wonderful part within the Beachbody Community. We want to encourage you to keep up the great work that you are doing.

Beachbody!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My wife and I heard about Beachbody from a seminary professor. She subscribed and sometimes I participate in the workouts. She does it with a neighbor friend and we have two ladies working out in the living room with four kids jumping around them. If they can do it, anybody can. Her clothes fit her better and she's really happy with the results. She can do a ton of it and she is comfortable. It's great value.

Mr Trevino,

We’re glad to hear Beachbody on demand is an excellent addition to your home gym. One of the most significant benefits of Beachbody is that with so many options to choose from, there is something for everyone. Thank you for being part of the Beachbody community, we wish you and your wife continued success with your health and fitness journey. Please congratulate your wife on our behalf.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I had a group of girlfriends who were going to do one of the Beachbody workout programs and so I decided to do it along with them. I ordered Beachbody on Demand and I had been very satisfied with the results. I always hated working out and I was never a person who did it regularly. I would start things and then quit. But I really enjoy these programs and the fact that I can do it at home. I have young children and I like the fact that I don't have to get childcare for them or pay for a gym membership to add to childcare. I can do the workouts with the kids or do that when they're napping. It makes it really convenient so there are no excuses.

Right now, I'm doing Morning Meltdown 100 and there's a lot of great modification but some of them are too much. For instance, my mom is 72 and she wants to work out and to weigh less but she doesn't know where to start and how to do it without getting hurt. It would be nice to have a program for somebody who has some limitations. As for me, I've seen physical benefits from being stronger and weighing less. But the biggest thing for me has been the mental benefit 'cause I've struggled with anxiety and depression since 19 and this has been working out. It's been so effective for me in managing that and just having a better outlook on life.

Hello Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know how Beachbody on demand is working for you, and letting Beachbody into your home on your health and fitness journey. Keep pressing play, we wish you and your family all the best.

Beachbody expert review by JJ Virgin

Fitness, nutrition and support are combined in a comprehensive weight-loss program featuring workouts, meal plans and coaching. Stream or buy classes on DVDs, along with supplements, gear and apparel.

• Stream exercise content: Beachbody On Demand provides unlimited access anytime, anywhere to continually updated workout shows and nutritional content for all fitness levels. A 12-month plan is $99.

• Purchase gear online: Bands, balls, weights and all gear used in Beachbody workout shows is available for purchase online.

• Support community: A free personal coach supplies motivation and encouragement to keep you accountable and connects you with other members doing similar Beachbody programs.

• Meal planning: Boost your results with nutrition that complements your program. Workouts include easy-to-follow compatible meal plans with hundreds of recipes.

• Live workouts: Find the same classes you’re doing at home at local gyms, taught by trained Beachbody Live instructors.

• Bundle your health and fitness journey: Pair a Beachbody On Demand subscription with a selected workout program and matching nutritional supplements and gear.

by JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Beachbody Company Information