1.0(552)

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs
Cons
  • Costly program upgrades

Featured Reviews

Verified
Spokane, WA

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be...

Verified
Burt, MI

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However … Beachbody n...

What is Beachbody?

Beachbody’s weight loss programs motivate and encourage you to follow through with your health and fitness goals. One of Beachbody’s benefits is the emphasis on its community, which provides participants with an active support system. Another highlight is the Beachbody app. Through the app, users have easy access to workouts, meal plans and fitness tracking tools.

How does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers a variety of products and services, but all of them share the same goal: to make weight loss easier. Participants sign up with a Beachbody coach who guides them through their weight loss journey. These coaches help them choose a program and find products that give them the results they want.

The Beachbody diet program is one of the company’s more popular services. Although there is no specific scientific study backing the program, the company based this diet on common weight loss principles. For instance, the 21 Day Fix eliminates added sugar and refined carbohydrates, which are known to contribute to weight gain.

Beachbody programs

There are several Beachbody programs. Each one has different benefits, such as workout videos and Beachbody meal plans.

• 21 Day Fix: This weight loss program allows you to lose as many as 15 pounds in three weeks. The plan comes with workout DVDs and meal plan recipes that control your portions. The program typically costs around $70, but the price varies depending on the exact products you purchase.
  • Beachbody on Demand: Beachbody on Demand is a streaming service that gives you immediate access to the company’s meal and fitness programs along with support from a Beachbody coach. With this service, you can stream content anywhere with an internet connection. Subscribers also receive workout calendars and weight loss tracking tools. The service costs $99 a year, but there are short-term options available.
  • 2B Mindset: Beachbody’s 2B Mindset program focuses on helping you lose weight by showing you what you can eat instead of what you can't. The program comes with a 30-day meal plan, video recipes, recipe books and coaching to help you accomplish your goal. The starting cost for the 2B Mindset is $119.
  • Ultimate Portion Fix: This program expands the 21 Day Fix into 30 days and recommends Beachbody’s Shakeology products, fruits and vegetables. Like the 21 Day Fix, this program has you use containers to measure out your portions. Costs start at $74, and buyers get access to cooking videos, resources and the Beachbody community.
  • The Monthly Fix: While the Ultimate Portion Fix comes with 30 days of meal plans and support, the Monthly Fix takes things one step further. After you purchase the Ultimate Portion Fix, you can pay $19.95 a month to get 24/7 access to The Monthly Fix. This gives you FIXATE recipes, meal plans, check-ins and ongoing support from the community. Billing is automatic every month until you cancel.
  • Beachbody Ultimate Reset: Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a 21-day cleanse that eliminates bad foods and toxins from your diet. The base kit costs $199.95, which includes supplements designed to cleanse your body, a three-part nutrition plan and fitness tips.

Compare Beachbody costs

Ultimate Portion Fix$7430 days
The Monthly Fix$19.9530 days
Beachbody Ultimate Reset$199.9521 days

Beachbody FAQ

How much does Beachbody cost?

Beachbody’s programs start at approximately $60 for the 21 Day Fix base plan. However, the cost of Beachbody varies based on the program you choose and what other products you want.

How much is Beachbody on Demand?

Beachbody on Demand costs $99 for an annual subscription, $59 for a six-month membership and $38.87 for a three-month plan. The more you pay in advance, the more you save monthly.

How many workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?

Beachbody on Demand has more than 700 workouts, and the platform regularly adds new exercises.

How easy is it to follow the Beachbody diet?

Beachbody provides you with a variety of tools to simplify the diet and make it easier to follow. Beachbody’s community, resources and portion control tools all encourage you to stick to the program.

What’s the best Beachbody program for weight loss?

Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix is its most popular program for weight loss.

Does Beachbody work without Shakeology?

Beachbody recommends Shakeology with its programs, but it doesn’t require them. The most important thing to do is stick to your dietary guidelines as much as possible.

How much exercise does Beachbody require?

Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix requires 30 minutes of movement every day. Not all Beachbody programs require exercise, but they all suggest it.

How does Beachbody coaching work?

When you sign up for Beachbody, you get a coach. Their job is to share information about programs and products, then help you get the most from your purchases. They are not qualified personal trainers or nutritionists, but they do have extensive knowledge of Beachbody’s products.

Bottom line: Does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers an extensive selection of products suited for long-term and short-term weight loss goals. Like any diet or exercise program, Beachbody only works if you follow the program. If you stick to the recommendations and guidelines, you are likely to get results. In fact, most Beachbody plans come with a satisfaction guarantee.

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Beachbody will be a recurring charge and they are nearly impossible to cancel. DO NOT go with this company. When I tried to cancel they wouldn't cancel for ONE YEAR. They will increase their fees on that reoccurring charge and your credit card will not let you dispute it.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 1, 2024

Be extremely cautious when joining this company, cancelation is next to impossible without having to pay extra. Cancelation is not transparent and although you go through the whole process they continue to apply a fee to your credit card. I canceled my membership in April and was deducted a May payment of 20.38. When I called customer service they said, "You forgot to also cancel a coaching fee," I said, "Well all services were canceled and I unsubscribed?" I spoke with a rep and they concur so why wasn’t I advised of this coaching fee upon cancellation? They said, "Ma'am just pay the fee and I’ll help you reactive your account so you can cancel it again."

I said, "I’m not paying for another month because you were not transparent with me." She told me I have no voice in the matter nor a choice??? That they will continue to deduct from my credit card monthly and if I don’t pay for the extra month they will not approve a cancelation. Can you imagine the money they are scamming from people that cancel. You probably wouldn’t even notice this coming off your card each month after cancelation. This is a total scam.

Hello Zerena,

We are truly sorry for your experience.

We have reached out to you via the email address on your account with cancellation instructions for your account.

BODi Support

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed May 31, 2024

Do not subscribe to Beachbody or any of their services/products. This company is a scam. A subscription renewal was charged for $179 to my spouse’s card for an account that hasn’t been used in 4 years, tried to cancel the same day it charged (within hours of the charge hitting my account) was told no, it’s not possible to do so. The representative then canceled the account removing access to something I paid for. I made a complaint and was told a refund is not possible but they will “reinstate” access to the account for the year just paid for. This is not what was wanted as I have not used the crappy service in years. The products aren’t anything special and the customer service is horrendous.

They claim to send “reminders” for subscription renewals and when it’s supposedly missed they charge you over a hundred dollars and basically say, "Sorry. Too bad. We sent you an email." Bogus business, hope they go out of business soon. Anyone looking for workout or nutritional guidance should use literally any other company. I personally have had luck with YouTube, using free videos. I’ve also found that other fitness/healthy living companies have much more to offer, better customer service and real solutions to unsatisfactory experiences. Stay far away from this scam artist company.

Hello,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that the prebill BODi email notification was sent to your email address on file on April 25, 2024.

For digital memberships, the 30-day money back guarantee only applies to the initial order date. Membership renewals are not eligible for a money-back guarantee. Please view the following money back guarantee FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259/catid/0/TLP/0.

BODi

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer Service

Reviewed May 28, 2024

You cancel and they still charge you stating that they don't offer refunds. The worst customer service, no one to call. I cancelled the monthly shakes but you still have to cancel the yearly membership, they make it very difficult to get out and depend on you not noticing the last charge of $179. Despicable customer service and products don't work.

Hello Sherry,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed there were no requests to cancel your annual BODi membership.

BODi sends a prebill email notification approximately 30-days prior to the next scheduled renewal. Subject titled, “Your next year of results with BODi.”

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that the prebill BODi email notification was sent to your email address on file on April 01, 2024.

Resolution In Progress

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I have loved this company for 20 years. I have loved this company for 20 years. I was a coach, I drank the Shakeology koolaid, I signed other people up, I did all the things. But this year has been rough and I have suffered with medical issues and my mother had a stroke so financially I could not see keeping this membership. I canceled it but Beachbody refuses to give me my $179 back. I’m so upset and I need that money right now but Beachbody doesn’t care. I applied to dispute this and they said I should receive a response in five days. I received an email saying my dispute was declined just a few hours later. They don’t care about you as a person in the slightest.

Hello Rachel,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that the BODi prebill notification was sent to your email address on file on April 02, 2024.

We have also confirmed that you submitted a form requesting an exception. A response was provided to you on April 23, 2024.

Reviewed May 14, 2024

Beachbody is no longer a customer friendly business; maybe they never were. Any reputable company would ALWAYS have a money back guarantee within a reasonable time period. No matter your circumstances, they will not give you a refund so there really is no reason to fill out their dispute form. I have been with Beachbody for twenty years but obviously that was twenty years too long. I had always received emails from them letting me know of my upcoming renewal but now they obviously have a way to send emails that do not reach their customers; there is too many reviews here to prove that is the case. And yes I check my spam folder every day. I know that Beachbody will respond to this review and say I have access to their site until April 2025 but I will NEVER get on their site again and I hope and pray that I can influence many people to not even try them. I recommend Studio Sweat instead.

Hello Cheri,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that the prebill BODi email notification was sent to your email address on file on March 24, 2024.

Online & App

Reviewed May 10, 2024

I have not used this program in a long time. I turned off auto-renew last year. They renewed my account anyway and charged my account over $190. I am very disappointed. I have spent hours trying to get my money back and they do not care about their website charging customers that have unenrolled from auto renew. I also filed a BBB complaint and again they don't care. I will never use this company again and I will be also filing a report with my bank. This has got to stop and is ridiculous at this point.

Hello Carrie,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on April 28, 2024, your annual BODi membership renewed. We were unable to locate any previous attempts to cancel the membership.

Our records show that the annual BODi prebill email was sent to your email address on file on March 27, 2024. At the time you had the ability to manage your membership and subscriptions prior to the next scheduled renewal.

Your annual BODi membership was cancelled on May 03, 2024, and you will continue to have access until April 28, 2025.

BODi Support

Profile pic of the author.
      Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed May 10, 2024

How is possible that this company has not been sued for their shady busy practice. Clearly, over 500 1 star reviews demonstrates that they are not transparent in their policies. Explain how the 30 day money back guarantee does not apply to a free trial membership? Does that make sense? If someone cancelled within 30 days of initiating a free trial at minimum they should receive a prorated refund. They know exactly what they are doing and it’s evident by the rude way they reply to reviews. Their app is garbage and works intermittently, and does not support my tv that is 3 yrs old. I know that there is a lawyer somewhere in these 1 stars that should initiate a class action suit for their deceptive practices.

Hello Veronica,

Our money back guarantee FAQ explains: Subscriptions that start with a free trial are not covered. To avoid being charged, cancel within the free trial period.

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that you submitted a form requesting an exception. A response was provided to you on May 10, 2024.

Reviewed May 2, 2024

I signed up for a free trial. The payment information wasn’t going through, so I decided not to anymore. A month later a $200 charge hits my account from Beachbody. I’ve called multiple customer service representatives and no one will help me. I reported Beachbody to BBB. I’ve found similar stories to mine about this company.

Hello Lauren,

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate an account with the information you have provided.

Please note, subscriptions that start with a free trial do not qualify for a Money Back Guarantee. To avoid being charged, you must cancel within the free trial period.

Please view the following FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259/catid/0/TLP/0.

Reviewed May 1, 2024

I am extremely disappointed in Beach Body On Demand. I had been a member for several years and in 2022 I wanted to cancel. I had told my beachbody coach that I was not renewing. They then automatically charged my account so I kept it going. I have not used it in since and I just got auto charged again. I immediately contacted them to cancel and they are refusing to refund the charges even though you pay for the year ahead. This is unacceptable!!!!

Hello Wanda,

Unfortunately, we were unable to locate an account with the information provided. Please note, during the purchase flow, you opted into an auto renew and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Like all memberships that auto-renew, you will continue to receive access and be billed regardless of usage until you take the action to cancel.

For digital memberships, the 30-day money back guarantee only applies to the initial order date. Membership renewals are not eligible for a money back guarantee. Please view the following money back guarantee FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259/catid/0/TLP/0.

Beachbody Company Information