4.14/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Beachbody is a leading provider in fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs. Our programs are not only easily accessible, but most importantly, they deliver results. Forget about those boring workouts to obtain the body you have always dreamed of. With Beachbody, you will be able to pick from a wide variety of workout styles and be able to reach those fitness goals you always thought about. From our active workouts to our ‘shakeology' program, Beachbody is here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today!

Beachbody Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Beachbody Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I was on Instagram and a lady with Beachbody eventually became my coach. She would always post videos of herself which were funny, real and relatable. She would post with no makeup which I liked because usually, people are all made up. She'll get on there with a towel on her head and I'd always watch her until one day, I asked why she posts videos of her exercising every day. Then, I ordered the online thing for a year, then the Shakeology.

I tried Shakeology and I didn't care for it. I tried it a million different ways and I just couldn't really get it down. The only way I could do it was to put half of it into something else. And then, it was like I was choking it down. I hated it. But I've been told that I should try a different flavor. Although the idea of it and the nutrients are very positive, I wouldn't not recommend it to anybody. Or I'd recommend trying it or trying in different flavors because I think I just didn't order the right thing for me.

But as far as the streaming video, I love it. I could choose a different workout whenever I wanted and I was totally into it. Supposed to be, it's 30 minutes a day, but I would do an hour and a half. I would send in my before and after pictures. I didn't lose that much weight, but my body changed so much. I still had some fat on my belly, but in the 21 days, I had abs. And with the Shaun T program, I lost about 17 pounds after 21 days because it was mostly cardio.

Then, I started to do the CORE DE FORCE and I loved it. I love the moves and they take my mind off the fact that I'm exercising. However, I was halfway through doing CORE DE FORCE and I snapped a ligament in my ankle. I have not been able to exercise since, not even yoga. I can't balance on that leg. I was doing everything, but when I use that leg, I would hold on to something. I measured my calves and one was a half an inch bigger than the other. It's completely healed but it healed wrongly so I'm getting a surgery to fix it.

Also, I haven't spoken with my coach for a while because of my injury. Nevertheless, she's the best coach. She's a Diamond coach and is very successful in the business. And she truly cares about all of her coachees. Either that or she has an extreme gift in making everybody believe that she cares. Either way, she's in the perfect job. She wants to help women because she's been there where you're not really fat but you're chunky and not happy. It took her two years to get to where she is now physically.

She's the reason that I stayed with Beachbody. She would answer the silliest of questions, like, "I feel like I'm doing this workout and my upper body is so weak. I feel like it can do two push-ups and that's it. What would you recommend?" She would say, "Oh, do this little segment of this workout every day with your workout, it'll help." I did ask a lot of questions at first because I'm 45 and I have fibromyalgia, and I have never exercised like that on purpose in my life with a video or in a gym.

Having fibromyalgia is just one of those things you can't predict. You feel great one day and the next day, out of nowhere, you feel like you can't even move off the couch. And those days, when I was working out, I felt poor at first. I would have only a couple of bad days for the whole month, but normally, I'm half and half. I didn't know if it was the eating healthy or the working out or both, but whatever I was doing, it was working. It made me feel so much better. I started to take medicine, but I took less and my energy level was through the roof. When my husband gets home from working all day, I would ask him if he wants to walk. Having the right coach made all the difference, from making it just a thing you see on TV to an actual personal experience.

Dear Stephanie,

We are certainly happy you found a supportive and relatable coach. As having a support system can truly make a difference in your health and fitness journey. We are sorry to hear that our shakeology wasn’t a good it for you, but we understand that we all have different taste’s and preferences. We do have many other products that may be a better fit for you and do hope you give them a try in the future. We wish you all the best with your health and fitness goal. Keep pressing play.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased the original Beachbody P90X in 2008. I ordered it online and it showed up. It was easy. I use Beachbody On Demand now and the program is super simple. Every once in a while, the site will go down. I walk into the gym, put it on and it won’t work. That happened once or twice out of all the times I’ve done it. And the only way you can download the program for future use is through your phone. I wish I could download through my laptop so that if there is a power outage or an internet outage, I would be able to have some of those downloads to be able to workout using my laptop. If you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to go to a workout at five and the server is down and the only reason you’re up that early is to workout, that can be a little frustrating.

But everything else, I’m wonderfully excited and happy about. I've had amazing results with Beachbody. I’ve lost around 16 pounds since December. My strength, performance, and endurance have gone up. My heart rate is down and my VO2 max is up. I also love the nutrition plan that goes along with the program. I am vegan and have been plant-based for the last three years so the fact that LIIFT4 is incorporating meal planning with that is pretty awesome. I know a couple of the others have done that as well and it makes it easy on that side of things. The nutrition program makes it easy for me to recommend the program to people in my circle of friends who are also plant-based or trying to move away from meat or processed food. I really like that they’re coming along in that aspect.

Another thing is it costs $100 a month nowadays to a gym whereas I could pay a 100 bucks to get the Beachbody program for a year. I just do it in a little gym at my condo and I can do it when I want. I can download it to my phone and take it with me so if I ever travel, it’s right there. I can put it in and 30 minutes later, I’m done. I don't have to think about planning a workout. It’s just in and out and over with. I’m also a law school student so it’s great to be able to do the program. I do the LIIFT4 program four days a week and for 30 to 40 minutes a day of those four days. It just takes all of the thinking out of it. I’m still able to be fit and in shape even with a sedentary situation like law school. It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results.

Hi Bryan,

We are ecstatic to hear that you are loving your Beachbody on Demand membership. Not only have you been able to

incorporate nutritious tips from LIIFT 4 that fit into your plant-based healthy lifestyle, but Beachbody on Demand, in general, provides you with the convenience that you need, as a busy law school student to get in a great workout on your time and anywhere that you would like. With over 700 (+) workouts to choose from On Demand, you never have to worry about ever getting bored with your workouts. With Beachbody on Demand, you said it best, "It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results."

We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an important piece within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I'm really happy with this program. I've been more successful with it. I've been doing maintenance now for months and I've never been able to continue. I usually gain it back and I've tried everything over the decades. With Beachbody, I've lost 43 pounds and tons of inches. And I'm 52 years old so I had great doubt that I could do anything like that. But I feel so much better now. It's unbelievable. I feel like a new person. I would tell others to do it as well. I've talked to a few friends and they’re now in our challenge group because they also know my coach through work. They've signed up for it and purchased whatever is suitable for what they need, and they're all very happy with it too.

I've tried Refresh, the subscription, like Beachbody on Demand, Energize and Recover. I'm very faithful with following the workouts so the Energize works really well for me. I keep up with it, not so much with the Recover, and I only use a half scoop. I don't need the whole scoop and it is great especially for those work mornings when I have to get up earlier to workout. It gives me what I need to get going so I'm very satisfied with that. I also love the Shakeology. I did that for a while but the cost made it hard for me to keep up with it. But I love the fact that I get a yearly subscription to everything else and all the stuff I get with that. So that's primo. I love it. The ordering process is pretty good too. I made my purchases online and I didn't have any problem with it. There are so many things there though, and I would try to understand what it all is. But once I got familiar with all the choices that I had, that made it easier. Now, I have my favorite things.

Hello Deb,

You've lost 43 pounds and have kept it off using Beachbody programs and supplements, like energize to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workouts.

This life changing news is something that should be shared and rather, we realize it or not,

our success stories are true testimonies to the Beachbody philosophy that if you decide on your goals, commit to achieving them, you will ultimately succeed. You made a decision to accomplish your health and fitness goals and now your friends and family have also been impacted by your success. This news is life changing and we are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. You made Beachbody make sense for you and selected your favorite tools to help you achieve, such a wonderful transformation. With Beachbody on Demand being just $99 for the year, and having the option to pay semi-annually or quarterly, it really is one of the best deals that we have ever seen.

With that said, we are truly proud of your accomplishments and honored to be apart of your journey. Thank you for being a wonderful part within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

If I've been a customer of Beachbody for 18 years, that speaks for itself about my satisfaction with their products and the results that I’ve seen. I was interested in the program that was being advertised so I purchased from them. I work out at home and it offered me a lot of flexibility. What Beachbody on Demand offers is amazing because you can use it on all different devices and take it with you, and you can work out wherever you have to. The programs are put together well, but there’s always gonna be limitations because these are being mass-produced for the masses. While you don’t necessarily get the individualization, they try to give you enough support through the programs that you individualize for yourself.

I usually order from the online site, although I had to call the customer service from time to time. For the most part, I find this simple and straightforward, and I didn't have much trouble in ordering from them.. But years ago, I ordered by telephone because there was no internet and no Beachbody on Demand back then. I really like the Beachbody on Demand, but I don’t go to the Team Beachbody that often and I do that only when I’m looking to order something.

I've ordered the Power 90, Power 90X, Power 90X3, Turbo Fire, and Turbo Jam. I ordered all of these before I got on to the Beachbody on Demand. I've also ordered Shakeology. Through the years, I've ordered the 80-Day Obsession and did the list for Early VIP Access. If I've had to return something, the customer service reps have been accommodating. Sometimes, I don’t always get someone that speaks English well, but all in all they've always resolved whatever issues I had and that's all that matters.

Through the years, Beachbody has consistently offered new programs that have caught my attention, so I continued to go with them. At this point, I’m not gonna go to a gym as that doesn’t work in my life. Instead, I’ve tried out different things online. Also, I started working with a coach in the last three years and I’ve enjoyed having a virtual fitness community. These work in my life, so I haven't had a reason to go somewhere else.

Hi Caren,

Wow! 18 Years of Success with some of Beachbody's Hot list Programs, such as, P90X, POWER 90X3, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam and 80-Day Obssession, what a journey! The community that we have built with Beachbody has helped so many people to work hard on achieving their health and fitness goals. One of the most important things that you expressed is that, you have made Beachbody work for you. In working to achieve our mission of helping people accomplish their goals and live healthy and fulfilling lives, we have had to manage this goal through development of a platform that allowed us to grow with the new age digital revolution. From VHS, to DVD's and now the Beachbody On Demand Stream, we have managed to maintain a platform that allows people to make Beachbody Work for them, whether in the comfort of one's home or outside at the park, we have provided one with the flexibility needed to do what works best for one's lifestyle and schedule.

We have also left people with no excuses when it comes to working out and eating healthier food options. Many people do not have the time to commit to a gym, as you mentioned, it just doesn't work for their lives and with that understanding Beachbody on Demand is so great because it brings the gym to you. Having shared such a wonderful history with the company, it is great to see that you have explored, such a wide range of tools that we offer to make sure that you accomplish maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From Shakeology, to the workouts, great customer service experiences and even getting involved with the coach network and community, you have such a full perspective and view of all that we have to offer. We are so happy that you have allowed us to be apart of your journey and we look forward to much more success in the future. Thank you for sharing your story and for being a part of the Beachbody Community!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was in high school when I learned about Beachbody. I heard a few people did P90X to help train for whatever sports team they were on at that time. But I first did it when I was in a training program in the military. I had some free time and since a lot of people in the military use it to help stay fit for the PT test, I decided to give it a try. Since then, I had the INSANITY which I purchased directly from Beachbody. And then, I purchased the P90X from Amazon six months after that. The program was very long though. The workout routine on each disc was an hour and the yoga was 90 minutes. You’ll get a great workout, but it was just a little too much of a time commitment for me.

For two years, I didn’t get any Beachbody programs and just exercised on my own. And then two years ago, I got the Body Beast program which was a good one. I completed that one and I was at one of the higher fitness levels I’ve ever been. Then, I stopped exercising again for six months and then got the P90 program which was on sale. That was a 90-day program which was a really good to get back into fitness level shape. I really enjoyed it. After that, I bought the program with Tony Horton but I’ve been on and off trying to complete it.

Beachbody's effective. They do everything that they advertise that they do which is a big thing to me. I also like their program and I really enjoy their trainers. They have really popular iconic fitness people. Beachbody also try and be communicative with their fanbase. But what would be cool is if they would do livestreaming of fitness classes and then record it since that's something popular on the internet culture right now. They wouldn't have to worry about selling discs since members would be able to stream directly from their webpage. But the one thing that annoys me is that all the advertisements in the beginning of Beachbody videos gets very repetitive. It would be nice if they didn’t have that on every single exercise video.

Hi Michael,

You have been a part of the Beachbody Community for quite some time and we definitely appreciate you in sharing your journey with us. Working out, staying fit and taking care of your Health is truly a Lifestyle and your story definitely portrays that aspect and the peaks and valleys that one hits within taking on the challenge. You have had quite the variety in going through every level from beginner, intermediate and advanced with our programs and can really attest to the fact that, if you commit to achieving your goals with our programs, then you will see the results.

Futhermore, We are also happy to share with you, our Streaming Service of Beachbody on Demand. We knew that the times are consistently changing and as you have stated, Steaming is now all the rave and we now have over 700+ workouts via our Beachbody on Demand Streaming Platform. To learn more about Beachbody on Demand and to check out the offered subscription plans available, please visit www.beachbodyondemand.com. You too could stream your workouts from anywhere you choose with our Beachbody On Demand Membership Plans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

It's been doing fine with Beachbody. I've been watching several people with Beachbody for years. I bought BOD a few months ago, but never really used it. And then Energize was the first real big thing. After that, I kind of fully added more products. We need an apple cider Energize since they do pumpkin spice in the fall.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Kelvin is doing great with Beachbody. He's doing the LIIFT4, and he gained body muscle and got shredded. He has also lost inches. He loves his body.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I’ve been utilizing Beachbody off and on for the last six years. I’ve ordered P90X, T25, Insanity, Insanity Max 30, P90X 30 and of course, Shakeology. I’m down 100 pounds, so it's been an excellent experience. All of the programs are doable. They're not so hard that you try it for one or two days and you feel like you can’t do it. And all of the folks that lead the video are very likable and they're entertaining. When you’re doing a horrible workout that you don’t wanna do but you know you have to do, at least it’s entertaining. They have an excellent satisfaction guaranteed program.

I do hate the fact that Beachbody has discontinued the workout program-specific shirt. It used to be when you'd complete a program, you send in your pictures and you get a workout program-specific shirt. I have a P90X shirt, I have an Insanity shirt and I’ve completed Max 30 three times. The first time I finished, I sent it in and I got a Beachbody shirt. It’s always excellent to turn in your results and get rewarded for it because when I wear them, I can talk to people about what Insanity is or what P90X is. So, I like that it’s more of an opportunity to discuss what it was that I did.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

It's been good with Beachbody, which I've been using for at least seven months now. I heard about P90X1 many years ago. I got P90X1 and P90X3, and then I got Insanity, and then sometimes I do Shakeology. Beachbody works and it's 30 minutes.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I love the Beachbody workout but am very upset that I was automatically set up on a shakeology subscription. As soon as I discovered the subscription I contacted customer service via chat to cancel it. I was told it was cancelled. Then I receive another shipment and my card is charged another $137! I contact customer service and they tell me that I needed to contact them after I received the order. Then I need to pay to ship it back. I was also charged an “estimated sales tax” that is not the correct sales tax for my city. These are some very shady billing practices.

Dear Holly,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with the cancellation of your monthly Shakeology shipments. Your Shakeology membership was cancelled on October 6, 2019 and we will no longer ship or bill to you. We have issued a refund for your October Shakeology shipment. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your account. Please be advised that we will need to receive your Shakeology return within 30-days to avoid rebilling of the package. We have also issued a prepaid FedEx return label to your email address to make the return process easier for you.

Beachbody expert review by JJ Virgin

Fitness, nutrition and support are combined in a comprehensive weight-loss program featuring workouts, meal plans and coaching. Stream or buy classes on DVDs, along with supplements, gear and apparel.

• Stream exercise content: Beachbody On Demand provides unlimited access anytime, anywhere to continually updated workout shows and nutritional content for all fitness levels. A 12-month plan is $99.

• Purchase gear online: Bands, balls, weights and all gear used in Beachbody workout shows is available for purchase online.

• Support community: A free personal coach supplies motivation and encouragement to keep you accountable and connects you with other members doing similar Beachbody programs.

• Meal planning: Boost your results with nutrition that complements your program. Workouts include easy-to-follow compatible meal plans with hundreds of recipes.

• Live workouts: Find the same classes you’re doing at home at local gyms, taught by trained Beachbody Live instructors.

• Bundle your health and fitness journey: Pair a Beachbody On Demand subscription with a selected workout program and matching nutritional supplements and gear.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Beachbody Company Information