3.8/5 (502 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

Cons

• Costly program upgrades

Bottom Line

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

Top Beachbody Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be...

Verified

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However … Beachbody n...

What is Beachbody?

Beachbody’s weight loss programs motivate and encourage you to follow through with your health and fitness goals. One of Beachbody’s benefits is the emphasis on its community, which provides participants with an active support system. Another highlight is the Beachbody app. Through the app, users have easy access to workouts, meal plans and fitness tracking tools.

How does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers a variety of products and services, but all of them share the same goal: to make weight loss easier. Participants sign up with a Beachbody coach who guides them through their weight loss journey. These coaches help them choose a program and find products that give them the results they want.

The Beachbody diet program is one of the company’s more popular services. Although there is no specific scientific study backing the program, the company based this diet on common weight loss principles. For instance, the 21 Day Fix eliminates added sugar and refined carbohydrates, which are known to contribute to weight gain.

Beachbody programs

There are several Beachbody programs. Each one has different benefits, such as workout videos and Beachbody meal plans.

• 21 Day Fix: This weight loss program allows you to lose as many as 15 pounds in three weeks. The plan comes with workout DVDs and meal plan recipes that control your portions. The program typically costs around $70, but the price varies depending on the exact products you purchase.
  • Beachbody on Demand: Beachbody on Demand is a streaming service that gives you immediate access to the company’s meal and fitness programs along with support from a Beachbody coach. With this service, you can stream content anywhere with an internet connection. Subscribers also receive workout calendars and weight loss tracking tools. The service costs $99 a year, but there are short-term options available.
  • 2B Mindset: Beachbody’s 2B Mindset program focuses on helping you lose weight by showing you what you can eat instead of what you can't. The program comes with a 30-day meal plan, video recipes, recipe books and coaching to help you accomplish your goal. The starting cost for the 2B Mindset is $119.
  • Ultimate Portion Fix: This program expands the 21 Day Fix into 30 days and recommends Beachbody’s Shakeology products, fruits and vegetables. Like the 21 Day Fix, this program has you use containers to measure out your portions. Costs start at $74, and buyers get access to cooking videos, resources and the Beachbody community.
  • The Monthly Fix: While the Ultimate Portion Fix comes with 30 days of meal plans and support, the Monthly Fix takes things one step further. After you purchase the Ultimate Portion Fix, you can pay $19.95 a month to get 24/7 access to The Monthly Fix. This gives you FIXATE recipes, meal plans, check-ins and ongoing support from the community. Billing is automatic every month until you cancel.
  • Beachbody Ultimate Reset: Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a 21-day cleanse that eliminates bad foods and toxins from your diet. The base kit costs $199.95, which includes supplements designed to cleanse your body, a three-part nutrition plan and fitness tips.

Compare Beachbody costs

Ultimate Portion Fix$7430 days
The Monthly Fix$19.9530 days
Beachbody Ultimate Reset$199.9521 days

Beachbody FAQ

How much does Beachbody cost?

Beachbody’s programs start at approximately $60 for the 21 Day Fix base plan. However, the cost of Beachbody varies based on the program you choose and what other products you want.

How much is Beachbody on Demand?

Beachbody on Demand costs $99 for an annual subscription, $59 for a six-month membership and $38.87 for a three-month plan. The more you pay in advance, the more you save monthly.

How many workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?

Beachbody on Demand has more than 700 workouts, and the platform regularly adds new exercises.

How easy is it to follow the Beachbody diet?

Beachbody provides you with a variety of tools to simplify the diet and make it easier to follow. Beachbody’s community, resources and portion control tools all encourage you to stick to the program.

What’s the best Beachbody program for weight loss?

Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix is its most popular program for weight loss.

Does Beachbody work without Shakeology?

Beachbody recommends Shakeology with its programs, but it doesn’t require them. The most important thing to do is stick to your dietary guidelines as much as possible.

How much exercise does Beachbody require?

Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix requires 30 minutes of movement every day. Not all Beachbody programs require exercise, but they all suggest it.

How does Beachbody coaching work?

When you sign up for Beachbody, you get a coach. Their job is to share information about programs and products, then help you get the most from your purchases. They are not qualified personal trainers or nutritionists, but they do have extensive knowledge of Beachbody’s products.

Bottom line: Does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers an extensive selection of products suited for long-term and short-term weight loss goals. Like any diet or exercise program, Beachbody only works if you follow the program. If you stick to the recommendations and guidelines, you are likely to get results. In fact, most Beachbody plans come with a satisfaction guarantee.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: May 2, 2022

I purchased PIYO and then changed my mind. I ordered it by Amazon 1st and only needed one disc because it was so cheap. The disc got a pin size hole in it and wouldn't play. I ordered another set, but then found it cheaper elsewhere. Please don't use them.

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I have purchased a few programs digitally through Beachbody that I was told were mine to keep even if I wasn’t subscribing anymore and that they would always be accessible through my library. Apparently that was untrue and I can no longer afford the subscription so I have lost the hundreds of dollars that I spent on these programs. Had a very long chat conversation with three separate people who just kept telling me the same thing over and over. My request was that if I am not allowed to have access to the digital programs, could they not send me the dvd’s for the programs that I paid for? I didn’t think that was an unreasonable request. Their response was repeatedly no. So basically they take your money and then don’t give you what you paid for. Stay away!

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Upon an account review, we see we were able to resolve your inquiry to your satisfaction. We have sent an e-mail with a phone number to contact us back if you have any further questions or concerns that need to be looked at. Please note for future reference that "Beachbody On Demand" needs to be activated to view our workouts. Please visit FAQ article number 8276 for more information here regarding early access to specific programs: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8276/catid/0/TLP/0

Original review: Feb. 20, 2022

I was happy with Beachbody but it's expensive. I canceled my annual membership but I didn't get to keep the programs I purchased in addition to the annual membership. Be aware that you lose everything.

Hello Tina,

In order to utilize our workout programs, a Beachbody On Demand membership is required.

Upon reviewing your account, we see that your annual subscription was canceled on February 17, 2022.

Please see the following FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8276/catid/0/TLP/0

Original review: Feb. 6, 2022

I used Beachbody for a few months and then moved on to another program with a personal trainer. The program renewed itself and charged my card. I didn't get an email reminder or I would have cancelled. When I went to do my monthly accounting and realized this I contacted them about a refund and they refused. I know many companies operate this way but I personally find it a poor business model. I'm out $100.

Hi Holly,

Upon reviewing your account, we’ve confirmed you purchased a 9 Week Control Freak BOD Performance Pack on December 29, 2020. This package included an annual subscription for Beachbody On Demand. The terms and conditions for the subscriptions included with this package were presented at the time of purchase. However, as a one-time courtesy to turn your experience with us around, we will process a full refund for the renewal. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to reflect on the card linked to the charge depending on your financial institution. We hope this meets your satisfaction.

Beachbody

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

We ordered the Beachbody MYX Home Studio on October 7th. We conducted a lot of research and chose the Beachbody system because it is new and the shipping time was considerably less than Peloton. The estimated ship time was 1-3 weeks. October 14th we received a notification that the shipment was arriving Oct. 22nd. We also noticed a discrepancy between the location pin and our address. They have the correct address but the wrong location. This started an extensive dialogue and run-around that has us beyond frustrated. To this day if you track our shipment the, est. delivery is Oct. 29th.

We have contacted the shipper countless time with no response. Finally they responded on Nov. 2nd and said their records show the shipment was due on Oct. 20th and that they had not receive it, and that they would conduct a "dock search" and give me an update. We have not received any update with any delivery information. Reading between the line...the shipment is lost. We have reached out to Beachbody/MYX more times than I care to admit.

To their credit they respond very quickly. Unfortunately it is repetitive non-sense. "We are still working on your inquiry." "Thanks for checking in and for your patience as your MYX makes its way to you." The last message I received with tracking information was received on Nov. 4th, IT SHOWS AN ETA OF OCT. 29th!!! Obviously no one is actually on the other end of the line and we still have no update as to where the shipment is, no plan and no resolution. We were very excited to join the Beachbody Team but this as completely taken the wind out of our sails...

Hello Brady,

We are truly sorry for your experience with your bike purchase.

We see that you have been in communication with the Myx team in regard to your order.

It appears you have requested to cancel your order on November 11, 2021.

Your order has been canceled and a refund was also processed.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this matter has caused.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I understand that places are short staffed right now and Covid took a toll on a lot of businesses. However, this is the second month in a row I have received the wrong order from Beachbody. This time I ordered Energize and got Shakeology. I don’t even use the Shakeology as I am allergic to it. They have replaced my order. But instead of apologizing and saying it was their fault they blamed Fed Ex?? Why is Fed Ex filling your orders? And the customer service guy tried to charge me for re-shipping my order? For real? He finally stopped talking long enough for me to say I would be canceling all further orders and then he decided to refund my original expedited shipping I paid for and they’re resending my order expedited. I really do love their supplements but this is getting a little ridiculous. I am Getting really frustrated at them at this point. One time…ok it was a mistake. But repeatedly sending me the wrong order is just plain neglect on quality control.

Hi Kristen,

We are truly sorry you were sent the incorrect item.

A reshipment has been processed and is scheduled for delivery on September 10, 2021.

We have provided our contact details via email to gather additional information regarding your experience.

Beachbody

Original review: July 26, 2021

I bought their protein shake in June, I made sure that I chose a one time buy because I wanted to try it out and was not ready to commit. Come July, they charge my card again with claims that I made a monthly subscription. Talking to customer care, it is like a back and forth argument on whether or not I chose the monthly subscription. I am transferred to a couple of people and told that they cannot issue a free return label because there is nothing wrong with the protein powder and that I will be charged $9 for a return label. They refused to issue a refund even if I did not authorize the purchase. This is feels like sneaky theft!!!!

Hello Eva,

We confirmed that on June 26, 2021, you purchased a 3-Day Refresh and Shakeology Challenge Pack.

Please note, all Challenge Packs included a monthly subscription. This is the reason your monthly Shakeology Cafe Latte Vegan order was processed on July 26, 2021. We have canceled your subscription and provided a return label to return the item.

Beachbody

Original review: July 10, 2021

I contacted a coach to try out the Hydration stuff and apparently they signed me up for the monthly subscription. I did not realize this until a month later when they charged me for it again. I immediately went to the website to try to cancel it, however it said the order was "processing" so could not be cancelled, nor did it give me an option myself to cancel my subscription or remove my debit card on file. It gave me a run around to the point that I was texting customer service and they said that I had to return the item to get my money back, but that they would cancel my subscription. This time, I accepted that fact and trusted that this is how it would go down. I even checked the website under membership/subscriptions and it no longer showed that I was signed up for anything. A month later, they charged me for it yet again! Once again, I got the same run around.

30 minutes later on the phone, they directed me to the Resolution Center (because apparently customer service is not enough for these reoccurring problems) where they still tried telling me that they would cancel and I would have to send the item back to get my money back. I was not accepting of that answer this time when I did not authorize the sale. Finally, they agreed to refund me my money and cancel my subscription and I could keep my current product that was being shipped. Although I did not want the product, they said that they could not cancel the shipment (even though it had not shipped yet).

A couple of days later, I received an email stating that my subscription was finally cancelled and I received a PARTIAL refund!! They still kept the money for shipping and taxes! I sat on the phone for 30 minutes on hold, waiting for the Resolution Center yet again when they simply just hung up on me while on hold.... I also never received my refund for the item a month prior that I shipped back. This company is an absolute scam and left me with no choice but to shut down my debit card since it was still on file and they refused to take it off. I do not trust that they would still charge me for stuff that I did not authorize. My "coach" was also no help as she ignored my messages and still posted on social media about her "company paid vacations" that they gave her, which I now know came out of the customers' pockets from all of these scams. I wish I would have looked at online reviews prior to falling for this. Buyer Beware!

Hi Kaylee,

We are truly sorry you were billed for a product although you've previously requested to cancel.

We have confirmed your subscriptions are cancelled and no further charges will process.

A refund has also been processed for the most recent charge.

Beachbody

Original review: June 25, 2021

Beachbody is an all-in-one solution for fitness, health, and motivation to help meet your health and fitness goals. The line of Beachbody products all motivated me to push myself to meet new health and fitness goals.

Hi Austin,

We are pleased to hear how well Beachbody is helping you to achieve your fitness goals.

Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for a trial membership, which I cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I was just charged for a membership! I contacted customer service, first, via text. It took 50 minutes for the person to tell me they couldn't see the charge on their end (it is showing as pending in my bank) and they would 'watch my account', and when they saw the charge come through they would refund me. I called customer service next to try to resolve it that way. I tried to explain the situation to this second person. I could barely understand her and I asked her if there was a customer service manager, or someone in the US, I could speak with, she then hung up on me. I made a THIRD call, immediately asked for a manager and was transferred to Christine on the "Escalation Team". In 7 minutes the issue was resolved and the money credited back to my account. It took me close to an hour, and a LOT of frustration, to accomplish something that should have taken 7 minutes.

Hi Sharon,

We apologize for your experience with our customer service support. We value our customers and our goal is to always provide excellent service. Upon reviewing your account, we confirmed your subscription was successfully cancelled on June 22, 2021. A refund has also been provided for the Beachbody On Demand billing.

Please accept our apologies for your experience.

Beachbody Company Information