Accredited Partner

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.19/5

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Beachbody Gallery (3)
View More View More

BOTTOM LINE

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

PROS

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

CONS

• Costly program upgrades

Top Beachbody Reviews

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be more excited of where I'm at and just proud of myself. I get so many compliments now ...

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However … Beachbody needs to design a better way to explain the exchange and return directions and policies.

What is Beachbody?

Beachbody’s weight loss programs motivate and encourage you to follow through with your health and fitness goals. One of Beachbody’s benefits is the emphasis on its community, which provides participants with an active support system. Another highlight is the Beachbody app. Through the app, users have easy access to workouts, meal plans and fitness tracking tools.

How does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers a variety of products and services, but all of them share the same goal: to make weight loss easier. Participants sign up with a Beachbody coach who guides them through their weight loss journey. These coaches help them choose a program and find products that give them the results they want.

The Beachbody diet program is one of the company’s more popular services. Although there is no specific scientific study backing the program, the company based this diet on common weight loss principles. For instance, the 21 Day Fix eliminates added sugar and refined carbohydrates, which are known to contribute to weight gain.

Beachbody programs

There are several Beachbody programs. Each one has different benefits, such as workout videos and Beachbody meal plans.

• 21 Day Fix: This weight loss program allows you to lose as many as 15 pounds in three weeks. The plan comes with workout DVDs and meal plan recipes that control your portions. The program typically costs around $70, but the price varies depending on the exact products you purchase.
  • Beachbody on Demand: Beachbody on Demand is a streaming service that gives you immediate access to the company’s meal and fitness programs along with support from a Beachbody coach. With this service, you can stream content anywhere with an internet connection. Subscribers also receive workout calendars and weight loss tracking tools. The service costs $99 a year, but there are short-term options available.
  • 2B Mindset: Beachbody’s 2B Mindset program focuses on helping you lose weight by showing you what you can eat instead of what you can't. The program comes with a 30-day meal plan, video recipes, recipe books and coaching to help you accomplish your goal. The starting cost for the 2B Mindset is $119.
  • Ultimate Portion Fix: This program expands the 21 Day Fix into 30 days and recommends Beachbody’s Shakeology products, fruits and vegetables. Like the 21 Day Fix, this program has you use containers to measure out your portions. Costs start at $74, and buyers get access to cooking videos, resources and the Beachbody community.
  • The Monthly Fix: While the Ultimate Portion Fix comes with 30 days of meal plans and support, the Monthly Fix takes things one step further. After you purchase the Ultimate Portion Fix, you can pay $19.95 a month to get 24/7 access to The Monthly Fix. This gives you FIXATE recipes, meal plans, check-ins and ongoing support from the community. Billing is automatic every month until you cancel.
  • Beachbody Ultimate Reset: Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a 21-day cleanse that eliminates bad foods and toxins from your diet. The base kit costs $199.95, which includes supplements designed to cleanse your body, a three-part nutrition plan and fitness tips.

Compare Beachbody costs

Ultimate Portion Fix$7430 days
The Monthly Fix$19.9530 days
Beachbody Ultimate Reset$199.9521 days

Beachbody FAQ

How much does Beachbody cost?
Beachbody’s programs start at approximately $60 for the 21 Day Fix base plan. However, the cost of Beachbody varies based on the program you choose and what other products you want.
How much is Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand costs $99 for an annual subscription, $59 for a six-month membership and $38.87 for a three-month plan. The more you pay in advance, the more you save monthly.
How many workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand has more than 700 workouts, and the platform regularly adds new exercises.
How easy is it to follow the Beachbody diet?
Beachbody provides you with a variety of tools to simplify the diet and make it easier to follow. Beachbody’s community, resources and portion control tools all encourage you to stick to the program.
What’s the best Beachbody program for weight loss?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix is its most popular program for weight loss.
Does Beachbody work without Shakeology?
Beachbody recommends Shakeology with its programs, but it doesn’t require them. The most important thing to do is stick to your dietary guidelines as much as possible.
How much exercise does Beachbody require?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix requires 30 minutes of movement every day. Not all Beachbody programs require exercise, but they all suggest it.
How does Beachbody coaching work?
When you sign up for Beachbody, you get a coach. Their job is to share information about programs and products, then help you get the most from your purchases. They are not qualified personal trainers or nutritionists, but they do have extensive knowledge of Beachbody’s products.

Bottom line: Does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers an extensive selection of products suited for long-term and short-term weight loss goals. Like any diet or exercise program, Beachbody only works if you follow the program. If you stick to the recommendations and guidelines, you are likely to get results. In fact, most Beachbody plans come with a satisfaction guarantee.

Beachbody Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had difficulty with Google Play and the App. I talked with someone from the online chat twice, called in 3 times and Beachbody people said that are not able to fix and call Google. Google said it was their problem to fix, it was not fun to go back and forth and get no assistance. 3 weeks later for whatever magical internet moment it was working. But in the mean time I found a better app with a company that had better customer service. A waster of 110.00.

Beachbody response

We are sorry that Beachbody on Demand didn’t work out for you. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you to resolve this issue. We are happy to report that we were able to work with Google Play to have a refund processed on your behalf.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I signed up under a coach, and I did not know I was being signed up as a coach. So when I canceled after 30 days, I thought that was hit. No more charges. I thought I was canceling everything. Come to find out the only thing that was canceled were the shakes. Customer service did not ask me at that time if I would like to cancel membership. I was not even aware there was a membership fee. I was then charged $15.95 for seven months. Because it came off of my credit card, it went undetected until my former coach made me aware of it. I am not happy with Beachbody. This is really a scam, in my opinion. Something needs to change in their communication with new members.

Dear Sara,

Upon review of your account, we found that you cancelled your shakeology shipments on 6/29/2019. At the time of the call the agent did inform you that although your shakeology shipments were cancelled, your account was still an active coach account.

As a Team Beachbody Coach, for your security, it is the sole responsibility of the Coach, to submit an Independent Coach Cancellation Form to request Cancellation of one’s Account. Coach Cancellation Requests must be submitted online and cannot be received via chat or phone. Once the signed Independent Coach Cancellation Form is received and accepted, the Coach account will be cancelled within 24 hours.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However, every month I receive the same order of Shakeology. This past month I was sent the wrong flavor and I had to fill out a small report to exchange the package and get the correct one. That was all fine but when I was sent the new package there were some shipping labels to send the product back. I was confused about what steps to take next and called customer support. There was a serious language barrier and the lady on the other end was telling me she understood was I was saying but giving me answers that had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Fast forward, I call another customer support representative because all I needed to know is if I need a RA# for an exchange. After being on the phone for far too long, getting no answers I needed with another language barrier, I hung up and got online where I asked for help through the chat option. It was then that I figured out you don't even need an RA# for an exchange. I spent nearly a week trying to figure out how to send this package back, when it wasn't my mistake to begin with. The company sent me the wrong back of shake and I spent a week trying to send it back so I didn't get charged $100. If I were running a multi million dollar company, and I made a mistake and sent a customer the wrong item, I would tell them to keep it and then fix what the mistake the company made. I should not have had to do as much work to return that package. Beachbody needs to design a better way to explain the exchange and return directions and policies.

Hi Allie,

We are so happy to hear that our products are helping you live a more healthy and fulfilling life. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent customer service experience. I am very sorry to hear that your exchange did not go as smoothly as it should have. Please reset assured that our team is looking into the issue and reviewing the interactions with our customer service to provide additional feedback and training going forward. We appreciate you bring this to our attention.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

He is a liar. It tell you to text 303030 for a free Beachbody on demand workout program but what he doesn't tell you is they require a credit card for what they are claiming is completely free on the commercial.... Stay away from false advertisement like this. They are lying to you...

Hello Evanka,

When our customers text 303030 we offer a free 14-day trial, which allows the chance to take advantage of our online streaming. This provides you with access to the entire collection of Beachbody workouts at that time. To ensure that you do not get bored with your workouts, as well as have enough variety to accomplish your fitness goals, members are automatically enrolled within an official Beachbody On Demand i.e. BOD subscription, to receive access 24-7 to over 700 (+) Beachbody workouts, meal plans, and more. Our customers can cancel at any time during the 14-day free trial to avoid any future billing.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

One of my friends is a coach, so she got me involved with Beachbody. I started this April, but I kinda fell off the way. I gained a little bit the last couple of weeks because I was a little sick and Thanksgiving. I started out with 80 Day Obsession though, and I had really great results, which is why I’ve stuck with it up to this point. I’ve done Planet Fitness, and I got DVDs. But they could have a greater variety of products. They could throw something else in with the stuff that we’re buying to make it feel like we’re getting our money’s worth.

Beachbody response
    We are honored to have you as a member of the Beachbody community and would like to encourage you to please keep up with the great work! 80-Day Obsession continues to be one of our most popular workout programs.
    With Beachbody on Demand's Step-by-Step workouts, you will not only able to achieve great results but gain knowledge of proper form and the best combinations to use to get amazing results!
    You have made the right choice.

Thank you so much for the feedback.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I loved Beachbody. It made me transform. I was 209 pounds and now I went down to 168, and it made me feel good. I went from a 4X to small and medium clothes now from all my programs. It's my first time wearing a bikini since I was a young kid, and I just turned 28. I could breathe better. I even had to change my driver picture because I lost so much weight and it didn't look anything like me. It's awesome.

The way they talk to you in the video, it's like they're there and they're saying, "I'm watching you. You could do more." Especially, Shaun T. He is funny. He makes you laugh, and he's there making sure you're not tightening. I did the Tilt, Tuck, Tighten, Hip Hop Abs, to the CIZE workout, and everything he has done and came out with. I've done Hard Corps, where I did the intense part when they want you to do bear crawls. I've have had so much fun that I just keep going. Now I'm just trying to do definition without losing my weight. I don't want to lose no more weight. I just wanna work on muscle.

I've done the before and after pictures, but I never received any of my stuff. And then, I entered for the contest and wrote a story. But I didn't hear anything about none of that either. I bought a lot of videos, and I did everything that came out. They told me that I would receive Boxercise and then I would get a Hard Corps. I was in the running for the biggest reward which I entered the contest because that was a lot to lose in one summer. But I haven't head anything about that. Other than that, Beachbody really motivated me. I loved the programs and I did them and followed them. I worked super hard from the sweating and making sure I stayed on path, getting a Fitbit watch and getting about 10,000 or 15,000 steps a day, dedicated to doing my workouts, doing the extra things they say you could do like the bonus features, and it all paid off.

Hi Nashonite,

You’ve lost weight and have kept it off using Beachbody program and supplements to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workout routine.
    You decided to accomplish your health and fitness goals, and now your friends and family can also be impacted by your success. We are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. Yes, I agree with you, the way our trainers conduct the workouts makes a big difference. Shaun T is my favorite.

With that said, we are very proud of your accomplishments and honored to be a part of your journey. Thank you for being part of our Beachbody Community.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I have a library of Beachbody workouts and every year, for Christmas, I would get a new program, either from my parents or my in-laws. It works out well because it puts me on the program for a while. The prices are pretty extreme, but the products have generally been worth it and have been better than what I've seen. I've done P90X, P90X2, and the 3. I also have Slim in 6. I've done a little bit of Shaun T's and Body Beast. I pick one per day and whatever is not sore usually gets selected or however much time I have because I have a little one and he sometimes doesn't nap as long as I would like. I used Beachbody to get my baby fat gone and it didn't take as long as I was afraid it would.

I enjoyed how the Body Beast is a little bit shorter. It's not all super-duper long, which is really encouraging because it's hard to commit to an hour-long workout with P90X. Even though most of the time, I'm in the gym long enough to be there, it's hard to initially get started. I also like the way it logged most of the workouts. At the end of the workout will be the ab workout and with it automatically attached, when you hit play, it looks like it was already a part of your time, or else I wouldn't do it. It's all psychological, but it's what works. If I can get through the first five minutes, I'm good.

I tend to bulk up extraordinarily fast. I follow bodybuilding and they're the community that appreciates that. But I also have a background in figure skating and that community does not appreciate that so I balance it. There's a decent amount of yoga stuff out there, but I wanna move a little bit more and a lot of holding positions can be a bit tough. Also, I crank my music up and that just doesn't fit with the yoga feel. have been drawn more toward Pilates and have augmented a lot of my workouts with it. Also, I can't seem to get the core I want unless I do Pilates. The only time I stray from Beachbody products is to get that workout. They should come up with a kick-ass Pilates program and explore that niche a bit more.

Hi Carolyn,

We are ecstatic to hear that you love our Beachbody workout Programs. We understand that it can be a challenge to always go to a gym or fitness facility, especially in your case, with your little one who does not like to take naps. Keep up the great work! We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an essential piece within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

I was on Instagram and a lady with Beachbody eventually became my coach. She would always post videos of herself which were funny, real and relatable. She would post with no makeup which I liked because usually, people are all made up. She'll get on there with a towel on her head and I'd always watch her until one day, I asked why she posts videos of her exercising every day. Then, I ordered the online thing for a year, then the Shakeology.

I tried Shakeology and I didn't care for it. I tried it a million different ways and I just couldn't really get it down. The only way I could do it was to put half of it into something else. And then, it was like I was choking it down. I hated it. But I've been told that I should try a different flavor. Although the idea of it and the nutrients are very positive, I wouldn't not recommend it to anybody. Or I'd recommend trying it or trying in different flavors because I think I just didn't order the right thing for me.

But as far as the streaming video, I love it. I could choose a different workout whenever I wanted and I was totally into it. Supposed to be, it's 30 minutes a day, but I would do an hour and a half. I would send in my before and after pictures. I didn't lose that much weight, but my body changed so much. I still had some fat on my belly, but in the 21 days, I had abs. And with the Shaun T program, I lost about 17 pounds after 21 days because it was mostly cardio.

Then, I started to do the CORE DE FORCE and I loved it. I love the moves and they take my mind off the fact that I'm exercising. However, I was halfway through doing CORE DE FORCE and I snapped a ligament in my ankle. I have not been able to exercise since, not even yoga. I can't balance on that leg. I was doing everything, but when I use that leg, I would hold on to something. I measured my calves and one was a half an inch bigger than the other. It's completely healed but it healed wrongly so I'm getting a surgery to fix it.

Also, I haven't spoken with my coach for a while because of my injury. Nevertheless, she's the best coach. She's a Diamond coach and is very successful in the business. And she truly cares about all of her coachees. Either that or she has an extreme gift in making everybody believe that she cares. Either way, she's in the perfect job. She wants to help women because she's been there where you're not really fat but you're chunky and not happy. It took her two years to get to where she is now physically.

She's the reason that I stayed with Beachbody. She would answer the silliest of questions, like, "I feel like I'm doing this workout and my upper body is so weak. I feel like it can do two push-ups and that's it. What would you recommend?" She would say, "Oh, do this little segment of this workout every day with your workout, it'll help." I did ask a lot of questions at first because I'm 45 and I have fibromyalgia, and I have never exercised like that on purpose in my life with a video or in a gym.

Having fibromyalgia is just one of those things you can't predict. You feel great one day and the next day, out of nowhere, you feel like you can't even move off the couch. And those days, when I was working out, I felt poor at first. I would have only a couple of bad days for the whole month, but normally, I'm half and half. I didn't know if it was the eating healthy or the working out or both, but whatever I was doing, it was working. It made me feel so much better. I started to take medicine, but I took less and my energy level was through the roof. When my husband gets home from working all day, I would ask him if he wants to walk. Having the right coach made all the difference, from making it just a thing you see on TV to an actual personal experience.

Dear Stephanie,

We are certainly happy you found a supportive and relatable coach. As having a support system can truly make a difference in your health and fitness journey. We are sorry to hear that our shakeology wasn’t a good it for you, but we understand that we all have different taste’s and preferences. We do have many other products that may be a better fit for you and do hope you give them a try in the future. We wish you all the best with your health and fitness goal. Keep pressing play.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased the original Beachbody P90X in 2008. I ordered it online and it showed up. It was easy. I use Beachbody On Demand now and the program is super simple. Every once in a while, the site will go down. I walk into the gym, put it on and it won’t work. That happened once or twice out of all the times I’ve done it. And the only way you can download the program for future use is through your phone. I wish I could download through my laptop so that if there is a power outage or an internet outage, I would be able to have some of those downloads to be able to workout using my laptop. If you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to go to a workout at five and the server is down and the only reason you’re up that early is to workout, that can be a little frustrating.

But everything else, I’m wonderfully excited and happy about. I've had amazing results with Beachbody. I’ve lost around 16 pounds since December. My strength, performance, and endurance have gone up. My heart rate is down and my VO2 max is up. I also love the nutrition plan that goes along with the program. I am vegan and have been plant-based for the last three years so the fact that LIIFT4 is incorporating meal planning with that is pretty awesome. I know a couple of the others have done that as well and it makes it easy on that side of things. The nutrition program makes it easy for me to recommend the program to people in my circle of friends who are also plant-based or trying to move away from meat or processed food. I really like that they’re coming along in that aspect.

Another thing is it costs $100 a month nowadays to a gym whereas I could pay a 100 bucks to get the Beachbody program for a year. I just do it in a little gym at my condo and I can do it when I want. I can download it to my phone and take it with me so if I ever travel, it’s right there. I can put it in and 30 minutes later, I’m done. I don't have to think about planning a workout. It’s just in and out and over with. I’m also a law school student so it’s great to be able to do the program. I do the LIIFT4 program four days a week and for 30 to 40 minutes a day of those four days. It just takes all of the thinking out of it. I’m still able to be fit and in shape even with a sedentary situation like law school. It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results.

Hi Bryan,

We are ecstatic to hear that you are loving your Beachbody on Demand membership. Not only have you been able to

incorporate nutritious tips from LIIFT 4 that fit into your plant-based healthy lifestyle, but Beachbody on Demand, in general, provides you with the convenience that you need, as a busy law school student to get in a great workout on your time and anywhere that you would like. With over 700 (+) workouts to choose from On Demand, you never have to worry about ever getting bored with your workouts. With Beachbody on Demand, you said it best, "It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results."

We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an important piece within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I'm really happy with this program. I've been more successful with it. I've been doing maintenance now for months and I've never been able to continue. I usually gain it back and I've tried everything over the decades. With Beachbody, I've lost 43 pounds and tons of inches. And I'm 52 years old so I had great doubt that I could do anything like that. But I feel so much better now. It's unbelievable. I feel like a new person. I would tell others to do it as well. I've talked to a few friends and they’re now in our challenge group because they also know my coach through work. They've signed up for it and purchased whatever is suitable for what they need, and they're all very happy with it too.

I've tried Refresh, the subscription, like Beachbody on Demand, Energize and Recover. I'm very faithful with following the workouts so the Energize works really well for me. I keep up with it, not so much with the Recover, and I only use a half scoop. I don't need the whole scoop and it is great especially for those work mornings when I have to get up earlier to workout. It gives me what I need to get going so I'm very satisfied with that. I also love the Shakeology. I did that for a while but the cost made it hard for me to keep up with it. But I love the fact that I get a yearly subscription to everything else and all the stuff I get with that. So that's primo. I love it. The ordering process is pretty good too. I made my purchases online and I didn't have any problem with it. There are so many things there though, and I would try to understand what it all is. But once I got familiar with all the choices that I had, that made it easier. Now, I have my favorite things.

Hello Deb,

You've lost 43 pounds and have kept it off using Beachbody programs and supplements, like energize to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workouts.

This life changing news is something that should be shared and rather, we realize it or not,

our success stories are true testimonies to the Beachbody philosophy that if you decide on your goals, commit to achieving them, you will ultimately succeed. You made a decision to accomplish your health and fitness goals and now your friends and family have also been impacted by your success. This news is life changing and we are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. You made Beachbody make sense for you and selected your favorite tools to help you achieve, such a wonderful transformation. With Beachbody on Demand being just $99 for the year, and having the option to pay semi-annually or quarterly, it really is one of the best deals that we have ever seen.

With that said, we are truly proud of your accomplishments and honored to be apart of your journey. Thank you for being a wonderful part within the Beachbody Community.

Beachbody Company Information