4.11/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Beachbody is a leading provider in fitness, nutrition, and weight-loss programs. Our programs are not only easily accessible, but most importantly, they deliver results. Forget about those boring workouts to obtain the body you have always dreamed of. With Beachbody, you will be able to pick from a wide variety of workout styles and be able to reach those fitness goals you always thought about. From our active workouts to our ‘shakeology' program, Beachbody is here to help you every step of the way. Contact us today!

Beachbody Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

449 Beachbody Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased the original Beachbody P90X in 2008. I ordered it online and it showed up. It was easy. I use Beachbody On Demand now and the program is super simple. Every once in a while, the site will go down. I walk into the gym, put it on and it won’t work. That happened once or twice out of all the times I’ve done it. And the only way you can download the program for future use is through your phone. I wish I could download through my laptop so that if there is a power outage or an internet outage, I would be able to have some of those downloads to be able to workout using my laptop. If you wake up at 4:30 in the morning to go to a workout at five and the server is down and the only reason you’re up that early is to workout, that can be a little frustrating.

But everything else, I’m wonderfully excited and happy about. I've had amazing results with Beachbody. I’ve lost around 16 pounds since December. My strength, performance, and endurance have gone up. My heart rate is down and my VO2 max is up. I also love the nutrition plan that goes along with the program. I am vegan and have been plant-based for the last three years so the fact that LIIFT4 is incorporating meal planning with that is pretty awesome. I know a couple of the others have done that as well and it makes it easy on that side of things. The nutrition program makes it easy for me to recommend the program to people in my circle of friends who are also plant-based or trying to move away from meat or processed food. I really like that they’re coming along in that aspect.

Another thing is it costs $100 a month nowadays to a gym whereas I could pay a 100 bucks to get the Beachbody program for a year. I just do it in a little gym at my condo and I can do it when I want. I can download it to my phone and take it with me so if I ever travel, it’s right there. I can put it in and 30 minutes later, I’m done. I don't have to think about planning a workout. It’s just in and out and over with. I’m also a law school student so it’s great to be able to do the program. I do the LIIFT4 program four days a week and for 30 to 40 minutes a day of those four days. It just takes all of the thinking out of it. I’m still able to be fit and in shape even with a sedentary situation like law school. It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results.

Hi Bryan,

We are ecstatic to hear that you are loving your Beachbody on Demand membership. Not only have you been able to

incorporate nutritious tips from LIIFT 4 that fit into your plant-based healthy lifestyle, but Beachbody on Demand, in general, provides you with the convenience that you need, as a busy law school student to get in a great workout on your time and anywhere that you would like. With over 700 (+) workouts to choose from On Demand, you never have to worry about ever getting bored with your workouts. With Beachbody on Demand, you said it best, "It’s cost-effective, time-efficient, a great plan, and if you’re intentional about it, you can get great results."

We want to encourage you to keep up the great work and thank you for being an important piece within the Beachbody Community.

Get expert buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I'm really happy with this program. I've been more successful with it. I've been doing maintenance now for months and I've never been able to continue. I usually gain it back and I've tried everything over the decades. With Beachbody, I've lost 43 pounds and tons of inches. And I'm 52 years old so I had great doubt that I could do anything like that. But I feel so much better now. It's unbelievable. I feel like a new person. I would tell others to do it as well. I've talked to a few friends and they’re now in our challenge group because they also know my coach through work. They've signed up for it and purchased whatever is suitable for what they need, and they're all very happy with it too.

I've tried Refresh, the subscription, like Beachbody on Demand, Energize and Recover. I'm very faithful with following the workouts so the Energize works really well for me. I keep up with it, not so much with the Recover, and I only use a half scoop. I don't need the whole scoop and it is great especially for those work mornings when I have to get up earlier to workout. It gives me what I need to get going so I'm very satisfied with that. I also love the Shakeology. I did that for a while but the cost made it hard for me to keep up with it. But I love the fact that I get a yearly subscription to everything else and all the stuff I get with that. So that's primo. I love it. The ordering process is pretty good too. I made my purchases online and I didn't have any problem with it. There are so many things there though, and I would try to understand what it all is. But once I got familiar with all the choices that I had, that made it easier. Now, I have my favorite things.

Hello Deb,

You've lost 43 pounds and have kept it off using Beachbody programs and supplements, like energize to give your body that boost that it needs to push you through your workouts.

This life changing news is something that should be shared and rather, we realize it or not,

our success stories are true testimonies to the Beachbody philosophy that if you decide on your goals, commit to achieving them, you will ultimately succeed. You made a decision to accomplish your health and fitness goals and now your friends and family have also been impacted by your success. This news is life changing and we are so happy to hear that you have not only benefited from Beachbody on Demand, but you have also taken advantage of our nutritional supplements and performance line. You made Beachbody make sense for you and selected your favorite tools to help you achieve, such a wonderful transformation. With Beachbody on Demand being just $99 for the year, and having the option to pay semi-annually or quarterly, it really is one of the best deals that we have ever seen.

With that said, we are truly proud of your accomplishments and honored to be apart of your journey. Thank you for being a wonderful part within the Beachbody Community.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

The first time I ordered from Beachbody, I got the Shakeology bag with the scoop and everything’s been fine with the purchasing experience up until yesterday. I haven’t been doing the Shakeology everyday and $141 every month is taxing. That’s a lot of money. So I was trying to move my February a month out but it wouldn’t let me. So I decided to cancel the auto so that I can order it when I need it. But the Shakeology is great because A, it tastes good and B, it’s a filler-upper. I also have Beachbody on Demand now. I’m keeping that for sure and I would also recommend Beachbody to everybody.

After my coworker told me about Beachbody on Demand, I did some of the workouts from 21 Day Fix with my daughter to see if my body could actually do that stuff. When I turned 50, I had decided I was gonna do 80 Day Obsession. But my daughter had already done 21 Day Fix and with that, I knew what I was getting into. I did a workout on six out of the seven days. The seventh day was the resting day. At this point, I've completed 80 Day and I've gotten my t-shirt. There was a phenomenal difference between my before and after pictures.

I also restarted 80 Day Obsession not too long ago. I use that all the time and then whenever I would have sporadic workouts, I would pick a day out of there. My husband also did a few of the workouts with me but his body is just not made for that because there’s a certain amount of flexibility involved. He gets not enough of workouts done. My daughters also exercise with me and we pick and choose, like LIIFT4 if we’re feeling like we need some muscle training. We don’t go exactly by the days of what’s going on with them. The workouts range from 45 to 60 minutes but if I’m on a time crunch, I’ll do half of the 2x15. I prefer 30-minute workouts due to my schedule but during 80 Day, we did the whole thing every time.

Hello Robin,

80 Day Obsession is such an amazing Program and we are so happy to hear that you were able to complete the entire program. You are a total rockstar and it is great to hear that your family is also involved in living a healthy lifestyle. With that in mind, we understand that certain life circumstances may cause for a needed break from the subscription billing on your supplements, however, we want to make sure that you continue to get your daily dose of dense nutrition. Please feel free to contact us direct at any time should you decide to start another subscription, in the future, we can always manually postpone your shipments when necessary.

Keep up the great work and we look forward to hearing more about your success in the future.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

If I've been a customer of Beachbody for 18 years, that speaks for itself about my satisfaction with their products and the results that I’ve seen. I was interested in the program that was being advertised so I purchased from them. I work out at home and it offered me a lot of flexibility. What Beachbody on Demand offers is amazing because you can use it on all different devices and take it with you, and you can work out wherever you have to. The programs are put together well, but there’s always gonna be limitations because these are being mass-produced for the masses. While you don’t necessarily get the individualization, they try to give you enough support through the programs that you individualize for yourself.

I usually order from the online site, although I had to call the customer service from time to time. For the most part, I find this simple and straightforward, and I didn't have much trouble in ordering from them.. But years ago, I ordered by telephone because there was no internet and no Beachbody on Demand back then. I really like the Beachbody on Demand, but I don’t go to the Team Beachbody that often and I do that only when I’m looking to order something.

I've ordered the Power 90, Power 90X, Power 90X3, Turbo Fire, and Turbo Jam. I ordered all of these before I got on to the Beachbody on Demand. I've also ordered Shakeology. Through the years, I've ordered the 80-Day Obsession and did the list for Early VIP Access. If I've had to return something, the customer service reps have been accommodating. Sometimes, I don’t always get someone that speaks English well, but all in all they've always resolved whatever issues I had and that's all that matters.

Through the years, Beachbody has consistently offered new programs that have caught my attention, so I continued to go with them. At this point, I’m not gonna go to a gym as that doesn’t work in my life. Instead, I’ve tried out different things online. Also, I started working with a coach in the last three years and I’ve enjoyed having a virtual fitness community. These work in my life, so I haven't had a reason to go somewhere else.

Hi Caren,

Wow! 18 Years of Success with some of Beachbody's Hot list Programs, such as, P90X, POWER 90X3, Turbo Fire, Turbo Jam and 80-Day Obssession, what a journey! The community that we have built with Beachbody has helped so many people to work hard on achieving their health and fitness goals. One of the most important things that you expressed is that, you have made Beachbody work for you. In working to achieve our mission of helping people accomplish their goals and live healthy and fulfilling lives, we have had to manage this goal through development of a platform that allowed us to grow with the new age digital revolution. From VHS, to DVD's and now the Beachbody On Demand Stream, we have managed to maintain a platform that allows people to make Beachbody Work for them, whether in the comfort of one's home or outside at the park, we have provided one with the flexibility needed to do what works best for one's lifestyle and schedule.

We have also left people with no excuses when it comes to working out and eating healthier food options. Many people do not have the time to commit to a gym, as you mentioned, it just doesn't work for their lives and with that understanding Beachbody on Demand is so great because it brings the gym to you. Having shared such a wonderful history with the company, it is great to see that you have explored, such a wide range of tools that we offer to make sure that you accomplish maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From Shakeology, to the workouts, great customer service experiences and even getting involved with the coach network and community, you have such a full perspective and view of all that we have to offer. We are so happy that you have allowed us to be apart of your journey and we look forward to much more success in the future. Thank you for sharing your story and for being a part of the Beachbody Community!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I was in high school when I learned about Beachbody. I heard a few people did P90X to help train for whatever sports team they were on at that time. But I first did it when I was in a training program in the military. I had some free time and since a lot of people in the military use it to help stay fit for the PT test, I decided to give it a try. Since then, I had the INSANITY which I purchased directly from Beachbody. And then, I purchased the P90X from Amazon six months after that. The program was very long though. The workout routine on each disc was an hour and the yoga was 90 minutes. You’ll get a great workout, but it was just a little too much of a time commitment for me.

For two years, I didn’t get any Beachbody programs and just exercised on my own. And then two years ago, I got the Body Beast program which was a good one. I completed that one and I was at one of the higher fitness levels I’ve ever been. Then, I stopped exercising again for six months and then got the P90 program which was on sale. That was a 90-day program which was a really good to get back into fitness level shape. I really enjoyed it. After that, I bought the program with Tony Horton but I’ve been on and off trying to complete it.

Beachbody's effective. They do everything that they advertise that they do which is a big thing to me. I also like their program and I really enjoy their trainers. They have really popular iconic fitness people. Beachbody also try and be communicative with their fanbase. But what would be cool is if they would do livestreaming of fitness classes and then record it since that's something popular on the internet culture right now. They wouldn't have to worry about selling discs since members would be able to stream directly from their webpage. But the one thing that annoys me is that all the advertisements in the beginning of Beachbody videos gets very repetitive. It would be nice if they didn’t have that on every single exercise video.

Hi Michael,

You have been a part of the Beachbody Community for quite some time and we definitely appreciate you in sharing your journey with us. Working out, staying fit and taking care of your Health is truly a Lifestyle and your story definitely portrays that aspect and the peaks and valleys that one hits within taking on the challenge. You have had quite the variety in going through every level from beginner, intermediate and advanced with our programs and can really attest to the fact that, if you commit to achieving your goals with our programs, then you will see the results.

Futhermore, We are also happy to share with you, our Streaming Service of Beachbody on Demand. We knew that the times are consistently changing and as you have stated, Steaming is now all the rave and we now have over 700+ workouts via our Beachbody on Demand Streaming Platform. To learn more about Beachbody on Demand and to check out the offered subscription plans available, please visit www.beachbodyondemand.com. You too could stream your workouts from anywhere you choose with our Beachbody On Demand Membership Plans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

I enjoy Beachbody and I will continue being a consumer. I did comparisons and went with a direct competitor first because they were cheaper at the time and then there was another person in my field who did Beachbody and was getting way better results than I was, so I went ahead and made the switch. I did On Demand and I love it. It’s been awesome.

Hi Megan,

Welcome to Beachbody!

With Beachbody on Demand's Step-by-Step workouts, you will not only able to achieve great results, but gain knowledge of proper form and the best combinations to use to get amazing results!~

You have made the right choice.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

I heard about Beachbody a couple of years ago. One of my friends was using Shakeology so, I started that and then I stopped just because of money. My friend is a coach and a colleague of mine too. She was really into it, doing Shakeology and the Beachbody On Demand, and this past winter, I was at a point in my life where I needed to do something different, and I needed to get healthy and active. So, I decided to jump full-in and I started with the Transform :20, and then Shakeology. Then, I slowly started in the Energize and the Recover. I’m now almost 35 lbs. lighter and I lost 30-plus inches in February, and I’m feeling awesome. My friend and I did Transform :20. I did two rounds of that and I just finished LIIFT4 and the 21 Day Fix. I’m a coach now, too. My friend and I just started this past week the 21 Day Fix Extreme real-time.

The website was a little difficult for me to follow. It sends you to different pages or tabs every time I click on something but trying to figure out what I wanted wasn’t awful and looking at the performance stuff wasn’t difficult to work with. Also, purchasing was easy although once you go in the quotes page, and then the tracker page, it’s kind of confusing. But other than that, it’s user-friendly.

Hi Samantha,

Great job on achieving wonderful results using our Beachbody On Demand and drinking Shakeology and our supplements, such as Energize and the Recover. One of the greatest benefits of Beachbody is that with so many options to choose from there is definitely something for everyone. LIIFT4 and the 21 Day Fix are just 2 of our many most popular programs.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

I’ve been doing Beachbody for four years now and when I have a problem, I called customer service and they took care of it. The 21 Day Fix inspired me that people would lose weight in such a short time, and they’re consistent in losing weight. I lost 42 lbs after my pregnancy so it was huge. Beachbody does a really good job as far as motivating people and speaking positively in their life and making them aware of their health. I was sucked in. The brainwash worked for me. It was great.

Beachbody response

Congratulations on losing 42 pounds by following the 21 Day Fix workouts. With Beachbody on Demand's Step-by-Step workouts, you are not only able to achieve great results, but gain knowledge of proper form and the best combinations to use to get those amazing results. We are happy to know that you been able to follow along with the programs and achieve your weight-loss goals. We are honored to have you as a member of the Beachbody community and would like to encourage you to please keep up with the great work!

Original review: July 30, 2019

Five years ago I did Insanity and about three years ago, we discovered that there was a Beachbody on Demand that we could get all the workout from, so we went online and signed up. Our friend, Lisa, was the coach and we've done a lot of the workouts. My wife does 80 Day Obsession and she's done all the 21 Day Fix workouts. I'm on my fourth time doing LIIFT4 right now and I've done Insanity Max:30, Hammer and Chisel and P90X. We have small children and it's easy to work out at home. We don’t have to get childcare or pay the extra price at a gym for childcare. I'm very satisfied.

Hello Jeffrey,

We’re glad to hear Beachbody on demand is a great edition to your home gym. It’s so convenient to be able to workout and pre-pare your meals in the comfort of your own home while taking care of your precious child/children. Congratulations to you and your wife, don’t forget to visit www.beachbodychallenge.com for your chance to win a prize. Thank you for Sharing your experience with Beachbody and for trusting us to be a part of your journey. We wish you continued success in reaching your health and wellness goals.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I was pregnant when I first did Beachbody but I had to stop because it was too much. I really liked it. I’ve just started doing it again and most recently, I ordered the TRANSFORM :20. I got it early and I’m just finishing the second week right now. I have the Beachbody On Demand, so I’ve done 21-Day Fix and Country Heat. I looked at a bunch of the different ones. I use it every day or at least 5 days a week, depending on what program it is. I’m very satisfied with the results after using Beachbody.

Hi Lisa,

Welcome Back our Beachbody community! We’re glad to hear Beachbody on demand is a great edition to your home gym. One of the greatest benefits of Beachbody is that with so many options to choose from there is definitely something for everyone. Thank you for Sharing your experience with Beachbody and for trusting us to be a part of your journey. We wish you continued success in reaching your health and wellness goals

Beachbody expert review by JJ Virgin

Fitness, nutrition and support are combined in a comprehensive weight-loss program featuring workouts, meal plans and coaching. Stream or buy classes on DVDs, along with supplements, gear and apparel.

• Stream exercise content: Beachbody On Demand provides unlimited access anytime, anywhere to continually updated workout shows and nutritional content for all fitness levels. A 12-month plan is $99.

• Purchase gear online: Bands, balls, weights and all gear used in Beachbody workout shows is available for purchase online.

• Support community: A free personal coach supplies motivation and encouragement to keep you accountable and connects you with other members doing similar Beachbody programs.

• Meal planning: Boost your results with nutrition that complements your program. Workouts include easy-to-follow compatible meal plans with hundreds of recipes.

• Live workouts: Find the same classes you’re doing at home at local gyms, taught by trained Beachbody Live instructors.

• Bundle your health and fitness journey: Pair a Beachbody On Demand subscription with a selected workout program and matching nutritional supplements and gear.

Profile picture of JJ Virgin
JJ Virgin Weight Loss Programs Contributing Editor

Celebrity Nutrition & Fitness Expert JJ Virgin is author of New York Times bestseller “The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days.” She is also the best-selling author of “Six Weeks to Sleeveless and Sexy” as well as a prominent TV and print media personality.

Beachbody Company Information