3.9/5 (495 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

Cons

• Costly program upgrades

Bottom Line

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

Top Beachbody Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I started Beachbody and over the last year between diet and exercise, I'm down over 42 pounds. I'm in not the best shape of my life, but after having a baby, I literally cannot be...

Verified

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However … Beachbody n...

What is Beachbody?

Beachbody’s weight loss programs motivate and encourage you to follow through with your health and fitness goals. One of Beachbody’s benefits is the emphasis on its community, which provides participants with an active support system. Another highlight is the Beachbody app. Through the app, users have easy access to workouts, meal plans and fitness tracking tools.

How does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers a variety of products and services, but all of them share the same goal: to make weight loss easier. Participants sign up with a Beachbody coach who guides them through their weight loss journey. These coaches help them choose a program and find products that give them the results they want.

The Beachbody diet program is one of the company’s more popular services. Although there is no specific scientific study backing the program, the company based this diet on common weight loss principles. For instance, the 21 Day Fix eliminates added sugar and refined carbohydrates, which are known to contribute to weight gain.

Beachbody programs

There are several Beachbody programs. Each one has different benefits, such as workout videos and Beachbody meal plans.

• 21 Day Fix: This weight loss program allows you to lose as many as 15 pounds in three weeks. The plan comes with workout DVDs and meal plan recipes that control your portions. The program typically costs around $70, but the price varies depending on the exact products you purchase.
  • Beachbody on Demand: Beachbody on Demand is a streaming service that gives you immediate access to the company’s meal and fitness programs along with support from a Beachbody coach. With this service, you can stream content anywhere with an internet connection. Subscribers also receive workout calendars and weight loss tracking tools. The service costs $99 a year, but there are short-term options available.
  • 2B Mindset: Beachbody’s 2B Mindset program focuses on helping you lose weight by showing you what you can eat instead of what you can't. The program comes with a 30-day meal plan, video recipes, recipe books and coaching to help you accomplish your goal. The starting cost for the 2B Mindset is $119.
  • Ultimate Portion Fix: This program expands the 21 Day Fix into 30 days and recommends Beachbody’s Shakeology products, fruits and vegetables. Like the 21 Day Fix, this program has you use containers to measure out your portions. Costs start at $74, and buyers get access to cooking videos, resources and the Beachbody community.
  • The Monthly Fix: While the Ultimate Portion Fix comes with 30 days of meal plans and support, the Monthly Fix takes things one step further. After you purchase the Ultimate Portion Fix, you can pay $19.95 a month to get 24/7 access to The Monthly Fix. This gives you FIXATE recipes, meal plans, check-ins and ongoing support from the community. Billing is automatic every month until you cancel.
  • Beachbody Ultimate Reset: Beachbody Ultimate Reset is a 21-day cleanse that eliminates bad foods and toxins from your diet. The base kit costs $199.95, which includes supplements designed to cleanse your body, a three-part nutrition plan and fitness tips.

Compare Beachbody costs

Ultimate Portion Fix$7430 days
The Monthly Fix$19.9530 days
Beachbody Ultimate Reset$199.9521 days

Beachbody FAQ

How much does Beachbody cost?
Beachbody’s programs start at approximately $60 for the 21 Day Fix base plan. However, the cost of Beachbody varies based on the program you choose and what other products you want.
How much is Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand costs $99 for an annual subscription, $59 for a six-month membership and $38.87 for a three-month plan. The more you pay in advance, the more you save monthly.
How many workouts are on Beachbody on Demand?
Beachbody on Demand has more than 700 workouts, and the platform regularly adds new exercises.
How easy is it to follow the Beachbody diet?
Beachbody provides you with a variety of tools to simplify the diet and make it easier to follow. Beachbody’s community, resources and portion control tools all encourage you to stick to the program.
What’s the best Beachbody program for weight loss?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix is its most popular program for weight loss.
Does Beachbody work without Shakeology?
Beachbody recommends Shakeology with its programs, but it doesn’t require them. The most important thing to do is stick to your dietary guidelines as much as possible.
How much exercise does Beachbody require?
Beachbody’s 21 Day Fix requires 30 minutes of movement every day. Not all Beachbody programs require exercise, but they all suggest it.
How does Beachbody coaching work?
When you sign up for Beachbody, you get a coach. Their job is to share information about programs and products, then help you get the most from your purchases. They are not qualified personal trainers or nutritionists, but they do have extensive knowledge of Beachbody’s products.

Bottom line: Does Beachbody work?

Beachbody offers an extensive selection of products suited for long-term and short-term weight loss goals. Like any diet or exercise program, Beachbody only works if you follow the program. If you stick to the recommendations and guidelines, you are likely to get results. In fact, most Beachbody plans come with a satisfaction guarantee.

Beachbody Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

This is a great program with a lot of different workout options. Good for all fitness levels. If you purchase the supplements and shakeology, the price can add up quickly. The coaches often have a Facebook page for further accountability.

Hi Lauren,

We are happy to know that you are enjoying our fitness programs.

We have bundle options, which include lots of savings.

You may review our FAQ for further details. https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3012/catid/0/TLP/0

Get buying tips about Weight Loss Programs delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Excellent program that allows you to utilize the workouts at home or away. Available for streaming on cell phones, computers and tablets. You can follow the order of the programs or pick a favorite!

Hi Cassandra!

We are thrilled to know that you are enjoying our workouts and easy access to streaming from multiple devices.

Keep up the good work and we wish you the best on your fitness goals.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Great workout programs. Various programs to fit all needs, levels and interests. Some are a little on the pricey side but a good investment for your health. Calling in to place order means a sales call but not too pushy.

Hello Susie,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us feedback. It is always great to hear that not only are our workouts working well for you but that it is giving you a great verity too choose from.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I've been using the Beachbody system for several years now and would highly recommend it to any one looking for a weight loss and exercise system that gets you results! Not only has it guided me on my weight loss journey, but it has also improved my overall health and helped me maintain a level of fitness I've never had before, much less been able to sustain. Having on-demand, world class exercise instructors at your fingertips is invaluable, especially during times when I've been working out almost exclusively at home. I especially love the T25 workouts because Shaun T is so fun and motivating. He doesn't lie when he says that he'll get you in amazing shape if you just trust and believe (and do the workouts).

Hello Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to point out how valuable being able to work out at home during this time is, and for trusting our workouts into your home! Congrats on your fitness goals!

Original review: July 25, 2020

There are so many choices! When you pay for a membership, you get access to many different types of programs. From fitness beginner to extremely advanced there is something for every level of fitness. But unlike a lot of other programs this caters to many different interests. There are yoga programs, MMA, aerobic-type, some weight-training, and others. I did the first month of the Insanity program and loved it. Saw major results. When I started having trouble with my knee, I switched to Core de Force, which I am loving! The ability to easily change and choose what you want is great - many other platforms would require you to pay separately for each program!

Hello Sherry,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and thoughts regarding our Beachbody on demand program, and for letting people now that we have a workout ready for anybody, at whatever level you are starting at!

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 10, 2021

I contacted a coach to try out the Hydration stuff and apparently they signed me up for the monthly subscription. I did not realize this until a month later when they charged me for it again. I immediately went to the website to try to cancel it, however it said the order was "processing" so could not be cancelled, nor did it give me an option myself to cancel my subscription or remove my debit card on file. It gave me a run around to the point that I was texting customer service and they said that I had to return the item to get my money back, but that they would cancel my subscription. This time, I accepted that fact and trusted that this is how it would go down. I even checked the website under membership/subscriptions and it no longer showed that I was signed up for anything. A month later, they charged me for it yet again! Once again, I got the same run around.

30 minutes later on the phone, they directed me to the Resolution Center (because apparently customer service is not enough for these reoccurring problems) where they still tried telling me that they would cancel and I would have to send the item back to get my money back. I was not accepting of that answer this time when I did not authorize the sale. Finally, they agreed to refund me my money and cancel my subscription and I could keep my current product that was being shipped. Although I did not want the product, they said that they could not cancel the shipment (even though it had not shipped yet).

A couple of days later, I received an email stating that my subscription was finally cancelled and I received a PARTIAL refund!! They still kept the money for shipping and taxes! I sat on the phone for 30 minutes on hold, waiting for the Resolution Center yet again when they simply just hung up on me while on hold.... I also never received my refund for the item a month prior that I shipped back. This company is an absolute scam and left me with no choice but to shut down my debit card since it was still on file and they refused to take it off. I do not trust that they would still charge me for stuff that I did not authorize. My "coach" was also no help as she ignored my messages and still posted on social media about her "company paid vacations" that they gave her, which I now know came out of the customers' pockets from all of these scams. I wish I would have looked at online reviews prior to falling for this. Buyer Beware!

Hi Kaylee,

We are truly sorry you were billed for a product although you've previously requested to cancel.

We have confirmed your subscriptions are cancelled and no further charges will process.

A refund has also been processed for the most recent charge.

Sincerely,

Beachbody

Original review: June 25, 2021

Beachbody is an all-in-one solution for fitness, health, and motivation to help meet your health and fitness goals. The line of Beachbody products all motivated me to push myself to meet new health and fitness goals.

Hi Austin,

We are pleased to hear how well Beachbody is helping you to achieve your fitness goals.

Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for a trial membership, which I cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I was just charged for a membership! I contacted customer service, first, via text. It took 50 minutes for the person to tell me they couldn't see the charge on their end (it is showing as pending in my bank) and they would 'watch my account', and when they saw the charge come through they would refund me. I called customer service next to try to resolve it that way. I tried to explain the situation to this second person. I could barely understand her and I asked her if there was a customer service manager, or someone in the US, I could speak with, she then hung up on me. I made a THIRD call, immediately asked for a manager and was transferred to Christine on the "Escalation Team". In 7 minutes the issue was resolved and the money credited back to my account. It took me close to an hour, and a LOT of frustration, to accomplish something that should have taken 7 minutes.

Hi Sharon,

We apologize for your experience with our customer service support. We value our customers and our goal is to always provide excellent service. Upon reviewing your account, we confirmed your subscription was successfully cancelled on June 22, 2021. A refund has also been provided for the Beachbody On Demand billing.

Please accept our apologies for your experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: June 10, 2021

They need to address the seniors needs as to our special exercises versus everyone else. They put everyone under a general umbrella which is non all inclusive.

That needs to change in order to keep their membership.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I signed up hoping this will help me. I struggled my whole life with my weight and figured this may work. After a year of dedication and workouts and making monthly payments I’ve seen no change so I’ve decided to cancel. I used the chat option to cancel the plan and I received a confirmation of cancellation. 2 weeks later I was charged $100. Apparently if I don’t sign a form it won’t cancel. I called to dispute the charge the same day and I was given the runaround. Your methods of customer service sucks and I will never recommend anyone to use your program again. Btw I’m still not being honored my refund because now my account is cancelled and my information is miraculously lost.

Hello Cristina,

Upon reviewing our systems, we see there was a request submitted to delete your account information.

Your account was successfully deleted on May 9, 2021. We are unable to review any prior account history to process a refund.

Here is a link to our FAQ regarding the request to delete an account:

Beachbody Company Information