Hyundai Motor America is recalling 1,642,551 of the following vehicles:
- Model year 2011-2015 Elantras, Genesis Coupes & Sonata Hybrids, Model year 2012-2015 Accents, Azeras & Velosters,
- Model year 2013-2015 Elantra Coupes &, Santa Fes,
- Model year 2014-2015 Equus's,
- Model year 2010-2012 Veracruzs,
- Model year 2010-2013 Tucsons,
- Model year 2015 Tucson Fuel Cells, and
- Model year 2013 Santa Fe Sports.
The Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module may leak brake fluid internally and cause an electrical short, which can result in an engine compartment fire while the vehicle is parked or being driven.
This can increase the risk of injury.
What to do
Owners are advised to park outside and away from structures until the recall repair is complete.
Dealers will replace the ABS fuse free of charge.
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed November 21, 2023.
Owners may contact Hyundai customer service at (855) 371-9460. Hyundai's number for this recall is 251.