Best Storage Units in Tulsa, OK
Self storage units are useful for anyone in Tulsa who is moving, renovating their home or needs extra space. There are many storage facilities in Tulsa, and it's crucial to research companies and choose the right one for you. Be sure to consider ease of access, the items you're storing, cost and the size of space you need.
Top 10 Tulsa Self Storage Companies
|Extra Space Self Storage||Read 277 Reviews|
Extra Space Storage got its start in 1977 and is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the United States. It is a publicly-traded company focused on increasing shareholder value.
|Attic Storage Brookside||Read Expert Review|
Offers covered loading and unloading to keep belongings dry in any weather. Provides discounts for military personnel and senior citizens.
|Easy Stop Storage||Read Expert Review|
Offers a referral program with discounts and rewards. Secured by electronic gated entry that only tenants can access.
|HWY 51 Storage||Read Expert Review|
Offers active-duty military members a 10% discount on units. Does not charge an administrative fee for renting a new unit.
|Riverside Self Storage||Read Expert Review|
Rents units in a three-story, air-conditioned building with drive-up access and a large commercial elevator. Provides carts for large items. Offers short- and long-term leasing options.
|SecurCare Tulsa||Read Expert Review|
Offers month-to-month leases. Employs an on-site manager. Provides 24/7 video surveillance for all tenants.
|Secure Place Storage||Read Expert Review|
Offers climate-controlled units and state-of-the-art, 24/7 monitoring. Provides drive-up access.
|SpareFoot Tulsa||Read Expert Review|
Partners with Tulsa-area self storage companies to provide a one-stop shop for storage rental. Offers exclusive deals to people who use the website to locate storage options.
|Tulsa Hills Storage||Read Expert Review|
Offers boat and RV storage. Provides short- and long-term storage options on 250 units. On-site rental kiosk.
|We Store Bixby Self Storage||Read Expert Review|
Rents units on a month-to-month basis. Offers online bill pay on the company’s website.
Tulsa residents use self storage units for a variety of reasons. Students at the University of Tulsa and Oral Roberts University often use storage units to keep their possessions secure over the summer, and Tulsa residents who rent smaller apartments in the East Village or Blue Dome District use them to hold seasonal items or extra furniture. While it's tempting to simply choose the storage facility closest to where you live, there are many factors you should consider when comparing storage units.
Cost of storage units in Tulsa
The average cost of a 5' x 10' storage unit in Tulsa costs around $60 a month, but prices vary between facilities. Some of the most significant factors that affect a unit’s cost include the facility’s location, whether the unit has climate control and the size of the storage area.
Average storage unit costs in Tulsa
|East Tulsa||5' x 10'||$40 - $45|
|South Tulsa||5' x 10'||$60 - $75|
|Bixby||5' x 10'||$50 - $75|
|East Tulsa||10' x 10'||$65 - $90|
|South Tulsa||10' x 10'||$100 - $155|
|Bixby||10' x 10'||$90 - $105|
Be sure to consider additional costs when renting a storage unit. Many facilities charge a one-time administrative fee between $10 and $35 when you first rent the unit. You should also consider acquiring an insurance policy for your stored belongings — consumers in Tulsa can receive $1,000 of coverage for $6 per month or coverage up to $15,000 for $24 monthly. Your homeowners or renters insurance might cover items placed in a storage unit, so check your policy or ask your insurance company.
Most storage facilities in Tulsa rent units on a month-to-month basis, though you may be able to get a discounted rate by signing a long-term contract. Be sure to ask about any current promotions before signing a contract. Some facilities offer discounts to students, military personnel or members of organizations such as AAA or AARP.
How to choose the right storage unit company in Tulsa
The best storage facility for you depends on the items you’re storing. The first thing to consider is whether you prefer an interior or exterior unit.
- Exterior storage units are similar to garages and typically have drive-up access, which makes it more convenient to load and unload your belongings. These units are often ideal if you’re storing furniture or other bulky items.
- Interior storage units are located inside a larger building. These storage units are often climate-controlled, but you may have a longer trip between your vehicle and your unit — especially if you rent one on an upper floor.
Tulsa’s extreme temperatures and high humidity can damage certain items that are stored in facilities without climate control. If you’re storing antiques, electronics, books or photographs, renting a climate-controlled unit ensures your belongings stay at the correct temperature and aren’t affected by the weather.
Additional features offered by storage facilities in Tulsa include:
- Controlled gate access
- 24/7 security
- Surveillance cameras
- On-site managers
- Security lighting
- Alarm systems
- Digital self-serve kiosks
- Vehicle and boat storage
Before signing a contract, ask to inspect the unit for any damage caused by a previous tenant and be sure you are aware of any deposits, fees or early termination costs.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Tulsa self storage company information
SecurCare offers well-lit and climate-controlled units, loading docks, elevators, dollies, 24/7 surveillance and indoor parking. The facility has 20 unit sizes available, ranging from 5' x 5' to 8' x 16'. Units start at $49 per month, and prices vary based on the size and location of the unit. SecurCare sells moving supplies, and customers can pay their monthly bill online.
- Service areas: Tulsa, Downtown Tulsa and Sand Springs
- Address: 705 S. Elgin Ave., Tulsa, OK 74120
- Phone number: (918) 471-2932
- Hours of operation: Mon - Sat: 10am - 6pm;
- Website: securcareselfstorage.com/self-storage-locations/oklahoma/tulsa-ok-storage-units
SpareFoot lets users search more than 200 storage facilities in Tulsa for available units based on zip code, unit size and amenities. The company provides side-by-side comparisons of units and lets you see whether the facility offers discounts or has specific features, such as in-unit alarm systems. Nearly 12,000 Tulsans have located a storage unit using SpareFoot.
- Service areas: Tulsa metro area
- Address: Serves Tulsa residents
- Phone number: (844) 611-1315
- Hours of operation: Call for hours
- Website: sparefoot.com/Tulsa-OK-self-storage.html
Attic Storage Brookside offers a variety of self storage units. Unit sizes range from 5' x 10' to 10' x 40', and pricing varies based on the size and location of the unit. Attic Storage has climate-controlled units available for antiques, collectibles and electronics. The facility is secured by closed-circuit television monitoring and security gates.
- Service areas: Midtown Tulsa and Brookside
- Address: 1115 E. Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74105
- Phone number: (918) 764-8484
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9:30am - 4pm
- Website: attic-storage-brookside.business.site
Easy Stop Storage offers a variety of storage options, including drive-up units that range in size from 5' x 5' to 20' x 30'. The company rents storage both uncovered and enclosed storage space for vehicles. The facility provides 24/7 surveillance, on-site management and tenant protection plans. It also sells boxes and moving supplies. New tenants receive the first month free when they rent through Easy Stop Storage’s website. Customers can use the Easy Stop Storage app to pay their bills and manage their account.
- Service areas: Riverside, South Tulsa and Oral Roberts University,
- Address: 6435 S. Peoria Ave., Tulsa, OK 74136
- Phone number: (918) 742-0993
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 10am - 2pm
- Website: easystopstorage.com
Secure Place Storage is a locally owned and operated facility that offers 12 unit sizes with costs ranging between $38 and $155 per month. The facility’s features include exterior doors, drive-up access, 24-hour monitoring, a gated perimeter and climate control. Customers can reserve a unit online, by phone or in person.
- Service areas: East Tulsa
- Address: 6590 E. Skelly Drive, Tulsa, OK 74145
- Phone number: (918) 622-8434
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- Website: secureplacestorage.com
HWY 51 Storage features 24/7 surveillance, 24-hour access and a well-lit, gated facility. The manager of the facility lives on-site to monitor the units. The company offers four self storage unit options ranging from 5' x 10' to 20' x 20'. Unit prices range between $45 and $199 per month, and HWY 51 Storage offers email billing and autopay options. The facility is conveniently located just off Highway 51.
- Service areas: East Tulsa
- Address: 7711 E. 38th St., Tulsa, OK 74145
- Phone number: (918) 622-4891
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9am - 5pm
- Website: sitelinkstore.com/38th-Street-Mini-Storage
Riverside Self Storage is conveniently located near Oral Roberts University and several major highways. The gated facility offers digital video surveillance, electronic keypad access, tenant protection plans, interior units and climate-controlled storage. Customers can choose between 15 unit sizes ranging from 3' x 3' to 7.5' x 10' with prices between $34 and $126 monthly.
- Service areas: South Tulsa, Southern Hills, Riverside and Oral Roberts University
- Address: 1440 E. 71st St., Tulsa, OK 74136
- Phone number: (918) 496-0735
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 3pm
- Website: riversideselfstorage.net
The facilities at Tulsa Hills Storage offer drive-up access, gated entry, climate-controlled units, security cameras and vehicle parking. The company has 20 unit sizes available, and each unit has interior lighting. Some units have electrical outlets and 24-hour access. Customers can purchase boxes and moving supplies on-site, and the company has online bill pay.
- Service areas: Tulsa Hills, Riverside, South Tulsa, West Tulsa and Glenpool
- Address: 8610 S. Elwood Ave., Tulsa, OK 74132
- Phone number: (918) 878-9038
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Website: tulsahillsstorage.com
We Store Bixby Self Storage features a variety of unit sizes. Pricing varies based on the size, location and specific amenities required. Small units begin at $49 per month, and larger units start at $129 per month. We Store Bixby Self Storage provides tenants with a digital passcode to enter the facility. The facility has multiple entrance points so customers can access their unit as quickly as possible.
- Service areas: Bixby and South Tulsa
- Address: 13243 S. Mingo Road, Bixby, OK 74008
- Phone number: (918) 992-7553
- Hours of operation: Mon - Fri: 9:30am - 6pm; Sat: 9am - 4pm
- Website: bixbyministorage.com
Keep an eye on your inbox, the latest consumer news is on its way!