4.50/5
  • 1 star
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Need a medical alert system?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

12 Walgreens Ready Response Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We were pleased with the product. It was a very clever and convenient device to have around the house. The product worked well and it was sure nice to have. It was also very easy to set it up and for my dad to use it. Monthly fee could be less, but you get what you pay for.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

It's really nice to use. It looks and feels really good and it was easy to find and was the best we could find for the money. It is well made and has a great battery life not like the ones you see on tv. Walgreens Ready Response's price was right and the strap on it is very strong and will last a long time and it's easy to work and looks really nice. It's made in the US of good plastic and great materials. It will last forever. It's waterproof and you can take it out in bad weather and snow. We made the right choice in getting this one. I am very happy with it and so is the user.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My overall experience with the Walgreen's Ready Response has been great, it is simple and easy to use and inexpensive and lets the people you care for live life to the fullest and feel safe and secure when using the product. It is safe to use and with just one touch help is on the way when you have an accident and cannot get help immediately. Knowing that you have this device at hand can give you the peace of mind that one needs in regards to their love ones. I really do not like a subscription service where you pay once a month, I would rather just pay a one time fee, which would be easier for me and the person I care for, because you may get to pay for one month, with a one time fee you don't have to worry about a bill each month and worry about paying the bill each month.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I did not find the Walgreens brand alarm to be very effective. It was difficult to set up and use, and did not work right consistently. But the Walgreens alarm was fairly attractive to look at. My mother was excited to choose her color and use the alarm. I would not consider purchasing this type of alarm system again though. I would also not recommend this alarm because it did not keep my mother and father very safe.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I won't buy again. The construction was kind of cheap and better build quality of the unit would be nice. To activate was a hassle, the operators were rude and patronizing. A ''test action'' once activated, was met with derision by the person answering. Answering customer service representatives should be unaccented American English, not outsourced to a third world country, or someone with a ** accent. I really liked the fact that it is pay-as-you-go, service can be paid for monthly at a local store. Availability of extra accessories was kind of nice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Ready Response?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The system worked great for my husband's grandmother. She wore it around her neck and the speaker was loud enough for her to hear, considering that she had extremely poor hearing. She lived in an apartment and it worked all the way to her trash dumpster. Occasionally they would also contact her to make sure the system was working. However the button was extremely sensitive, but I'm not sure how they could solve the problem. There were many occasions that Grandma accidentally pushed the button and they would respond. But I would rather it be more sensitive than not. Aside from that, there was a button also in her bathroom in case she fell or slipped. Thankfully she never had to use it in there. All in all, Grandma Connie used this system for several years and it gave her and family security when she lived alone.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

It has been very good for the price and the convenience. I have not had any problems so far. I was a little antsy switching but I needed to save money and I have been quite pleasantly surprised by the service. I like that they offer different ways to contact the 24 hour line and that you do not need a landline. Also I like that they do have GPS so they can locate you if they have to. You do have to make sure that your mobile phone is compatible with the service. So you will need to ask if your mobile phone will work with service. I wish that it just worked with all phones. For the price excellent.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

Walgreens ReadyResponse was easy to register and sign up for, simple to understand and learn how to operate in case of emergency, has very good customer support and is reasonably priced in the medical alert category. Walgreens ReadyResponse has a very supportive customer support team that will guide you through the setup process and answer any question you may have about your device, it is reasonably priced and simple to use. At the present time I am still a current user of the Walgreens ReadyResponse device and cannot think of anything I would change about it, it is reliable, discreet, reasonably priced, and covered by most insurance plans.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Using Walgreen's Ready Response made me feel more at ease because I knew someone was there even when I couldn't be and all they had to do is push a button and they would get quick response and medical attention as quickly as possible. It's a device that can be wore around the neck like a necklace and it's easy to hide. They don't ever have to worry about being put on hold to get help or no one can hear them because it works anywhere and at any time. There are no features I would change about it because it's the best medical device to have. Also, it's reasonably priced.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Walgreens Ready Response is a simple, reliable service that enables people to live life to the fullest. System for immediate assistance in the case of an emergency. It is anywhere anytime. It is great. Very useful if we have any trouble. They immediately help us. It is very good service and they are very friendly and kind. They are doing very well. I like current work, it is great and fabulous.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

The training to wear process was very easy and the person was never reluctant to wear it at all. The device was worn around the clock and was comfortable. Lightweight, easy to wear and use, worked very efficiently in all respects. The user friendly main points of the product facilitates even the weakest and most forgetful of customers and it would be highly recommended by myself and my entire family. It works for my exact needs.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Walgreens Ready Response is a great service and is very helpful to me and my family. My experience was fantastic. The product and subsequent knowledge from the staff was excellent. They helped to understand the benefits of the Ready Response and how it could help me. I also like that it fits the lifestyle I have. It is easy to use and is reliable. We could not get by without the service provided. I would have no problem recommending this service. It really can help others as well.

Walgreens Ready Response expert review by Shelley Webb

Walgreens, one of the largest pharmacy chains in the U.S., knows health. It also knows that redundancy isn’t redundant when it comes to patient health. It backs up phone systems through multiple providers to prevent outages and has two call centers in dramatically different geographic locations, all to ensure the lines are always open.

• They offer three Ready Response products: There are three products available that offer different ways to call the 24/7 Response Center Operators including their cellular medical alert system that doesn’t require a landline.

• Carrier compatibility: The service depends on compatibility with your phone service provider, so customers will need to verify before purchasing.

• They have dual monitoring centers: There are currently two centers supporting the service in the United States.

• They offer location-based service: Their Ready Response On –the-Go System offers GPS location based services.

• Best for: Seniors living alone, persons with newly diagnosed or severe epilepsy, persons with uncontrolled diabetes, persons who suffer from Alzheimer’s Disease and caregivers.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb

Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

Walgreens Ready Response Company Information