Need a medical alert system?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Call toll free
4.23/5

Walgreens Ready Response

BOTTOM LINE

The Walgreens Ready Response system is reliable and straightforward. Although systems offer comparatively few caregiver tools, buyers can access help quickly during an emergency.

PROS

• Easy cancellation and return policy
  • Optional fall detection
  • Landline and cellular services available

CONS

• Few caregiver tools
  • No free trial period

Top Walgreens Ready Response Reviews

It's really nice to use. It looks and feels really good and it was easy to find and was the best we could find for the money… It's waterproof and you can take it out in bad weather and snow. We made the right choice in getting this one. I am very happy with it and so is the user.

Walgreens Ready Response review

Walgreens Ready Response medical alert systems come with a base station for your home and a pendant. The pendant can be worn around your wrist or neck or attached via a belt clip. Optional fall detection is available for an additional fee.

Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system options can suit almost any lifestyle, whether you spend most of your time at home alone or outside doing various activities. Users can summon help by pressing the pendant button or the button on your stationary base at home. Operators are available 24/7 and have access to translation services if you need to ask for help in another language. Operators dispatch the help you need and get in touch with any of your friends, family members or caregivers who you’d like to alert.

Walgreens medical alert systems

Walgreens Ready Response offers four system packages: Vi+, CEL, Ready Response On The Go, and iVi Intelligent Pendant.

• Vi+ Home Based Unit: The Vi+ system is a traditional medical alert system that comes with a home base and a lightweight pendant or belt clip option that carries the help button. The system requires a landline, cable service or VoIP, and it includes an emergency backup battery that lasts for 30 hours. It’s water-resistant, and the pendant works up to 390 feet from the base station. The cost is $29.99 per month, but discounts are available when you buy a quarterly, semi-annual, or annual plan, with optional fall detection services added if necessary.
  • CEL Home Based Unit: If you don’t have a landline, the CEL Home Based Unit is a good way to protect yourself with cellular technology. There’s two-way voice communication available through the base, and the battery backup lasts for 30 hours. T-Mobile is the service provider, and the pendant can be upgraded to include fall detection. The cost is $36.99 per month and includes cell service. Discounts are available with a quarterly, semi-annual or annual contract.
  • Ready Response On the Go: Ready Response On the Go is a mobile emergency alert system you can take with you to run errands, visit friends or travel. Carry this help button with you anywhere on a lanyard or belt clip. The unit includes GPS technology, so your location is instantly recognized when you press your help button. Fall detection is available, and the button is waterproof, making it acceptable for showers or getting caught in the rain. The cost is $39.99 per month, and there’s a $14.99 activation fee.
  • iVi Intelligent Pendant: Upgrading any of your medical alert devices with an iVi Intelligent Pendant costs an additional $7.99 per month, but can provide extra security in case you fall and cannot reach the help button. This device can be worn around your neck, clipped to your clothing or attached to your belt. If you’re at risk for frequent falls or have medical issues that affect your stability, this upgrade is likely to be worth the money. It’s water resistant and has a range of 380 feet from your base.

About Walgreens Ready Response monitoring center

Walgreens Ready Response systems get in touch with help and caregivers right away during an emergency. There are 15 field stations throughout America staffed with specialists who speak English and Spanish. Translation services are also available, providing callers with help in a language they understand. You won’t have to make multiple calls if something happens — one button will put you in touch with emergency responders and your personal contacts. The Walgreens Ready Response system partners with HealthCare Connect America to provide a monitoring center.

Walgreens Ready Response FAQ

Does Medicare cover Walgreens Ready Response?
No, Medicare does not cover the medical alert system through Walgreens Ready Response.
Do Walgreens Ready Response medical alerts have fall detection?
Yes, Walgreens Ready Response medical alerts have fall detection.
Do I have to sign a contract to get a Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system?
No, you don’t have to sign a contract to get a Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system.
What is Walgreens Ready Response’s return policy?
This service is month-to-month, so you can return your Walgreens Ready Response device at any time and cancel your service.
Does it cost extra to add my spouse to Walgreens Ready Response monitoring service?
Yes, you can order another Walgreens Ready Response help button for your spouse who lives with you. The additional pendant is an extra $4.99 per month.
Where are Walgreens Ready Response monitoring centers located?
Walgreens Ready Response has 15 monitoring centers located in the United States.
Do Walgreens Ready Response emergency response services require a landline?
No, you do not need a landline to access Walgreens Ready Response emergency response services.
Does Walgreens Ready Response offer a free trial period?
No, Walgreens Ready Response doesn’t offer a free trial period.
Are Walgreens Ready Response medical alert systems waterproof?
Walgreens Ready Response medical alert systems are water resistant and can be worn in the shower or the rain.
How much do Walgreens Ready Response medical alert systems cost per month?
Walgreens Ready Response monthly services begin at $29.99 and go to $39.99. You can save money by paying semi-annually or annually.

Do we recommend Walgreens Ready Response?

Getting a Ready Response medical alert bracelet at Walgreens might be a good choice if you want a medical alert device with optional fall detection that doesn’t require a landline. Walgreens Ready Response offers 24/7 support, discounts for advanced payments and flexible monitoring agreements, but keep in mind there aren’t automatic system tests or a free trial offer period.

Walgreens Ready Response Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Beth is a horrible manager!!! She never smiles or says, "Hi. Welcome to Walgreens," like nothing. When I walk in and she’s there, I feel unwelcome. She always walks pass and I smile at her and she just gives this horrid look. Anyways I went in to do the Oral B toothbrush deal (buy 3 get a $6 register reward) and my reward didn’t print out. Normally when this happens, the manager comes up and just puts the amount as points on my account. Beth was called to come up at “HER CONVENIENCE“. Literally the cashier said that, and she came up and said that my account was locked!!! She didn’t look at anything. Just said that if people make too many transactions and have a lot of points, then their accounts are locked!

I barely make two transactions when I go and I only had 4,000 points so no way mine was locked. And I told her this and she wouldn’t help me or anything. Beth didn’t even try, just said, "Nope. I can’t help you." Pooorrrr customer service and as soon as I left, I called balance rewards and they immediately gave me the reward as points on my account. They also said my account was not locked and never was. Their system is just messed up and won’t print register rewards! Beth is a horrible manager and is very tacky. She refused to help me and gives off a bad vibe. I had to leave my other items because the RR would have helped me purchase them. :/

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

My overall experience with the Walgreen's Ready Response has been great, it is simple and easy to use and inexpensive and lets the people you care for live life to the fullest and feel safe and secure when using the product. It is safe to use and with just one touch help is on the way when you have an accident and cannot get help immediately. Knowing that you have this device at hand can give you the peace of mind that one needs in regards to their love ones. I really do not like a subscription service where you pay once a month, I would rather just pay a one time fee, which would be easier for me and the person I care for, because you may get to pay for one month, with a one time fee you don't have to worry about a bill each month and worry about paying the bill each month.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

It's really nice to use. It looks and feels really good and it was easy to find and was the best we could find for the money. It is well made and has a great battery life not like the ones you see on tv. Walgreens Ready Response's price was right and the strap on it is very strong and will last a long time and it's easy to work and looks really nice. It's made in the US of good plastic and great materials. It will last forever. It's waterproof and you can take it out in bad weather and snow. We made the right choice in getting this one. I am very happy with it and so is the user.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We were pleased with the product. It was a very clever and convenient device to have around the house. The product worked well and it was sure nice to have. It was also very easy to set it up and for my dad to use it. Monthly fee could be less, but you get what you pay for.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Walgreens Ready Response is a great service and is very helpful to me and my family. My experience was fantastic. The product and subsequent knowledge from the staff was excellent. They helped to understand the benefits of the Ready Response and how it could help me. I also like that it fits the lifestyle I have. It is easy to use and is reliable. We could not get by without the service provided. I would have no problem recommending this service. It really can help others as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Ready Response?

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

The training to wear process was very easy and the person was never reluctant to wear it at all. The device was worn around the clock and was comfortable. Lightweight, easy to wear and use, worked very efficiently in all respects. The user friendly main points of the product facilitates even the weakest and most forgetful of customers and it would be highly recommended by myself and my entire family. It works for my exact needs.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

The system worked great for my husband's grandmother. She wore it around her neck and the speaker was loud enough for her to hear, considering that she had extremely poor hearing. She lived in an apartment and it worked all the way to her trash dumpster. Occasionally they would also contact her to make sure the system was working. However the button was extremely sensitive, but I'm not sure how they could solve the problem. There were many occasions that Grandma accidentally pushed the button and they would respond. But I would rather it be more sensitive than not. Aside from that, there was a button also in her bathroom in case she fell or slipped. Thankfully she never had to use it in there. All in all, Grandma Connie used this system for several years and it gave her and family security when she lived alone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I did not find the Walgreens brand alarm to be very effective. It was difficult to set up and use, and did not work right consistently. But the Walgreens alarm was fairly attractive to look at. My mother was excited to choose her color and use the alarm. I would not consider purchasing this type of alarm system again though. I would also not recommend this alarm because it did not keep my mother and father very safe.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

Walgreens Ready Response is a simple, reliable service that enables people to live life to the fullest. System for immediate assistance in the case of an emergency. It is anywhere anytime. It is great. Very useful if we have any trouble. They immediately help us. It is very good service and they are very friendly and kind. They are doing very well. I like current work, it is great and fabulous.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Using Walgreen's Ready Response made me feel more at ease because I knew someone was there even when I couldn't be and all they had to do is push a button and they would get quick response and medical attention as quickly as possible. It's a device that can be wore around the neck like a necklace and it's easy to hide. They don't ever have to worry about being put on hold to get help or no one can hear them because it works anywhere and at any time. There are no features I would change about it because it's the best medical device to have. Also, it's reasonably priced.

Walgreens Ready Response Company Information