3.9/5 (750 ratings)

About Walgreens Pharmacy

Walgreens Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walgreens Pharmacy?

Original review: July 1, 2022

This pharmacy is consistently the worst pharmacy in the area. They don't even pretend to want to give courteous, respectful customer service. Even as I type this, I've been on hold for 11 minutes. The phone has rang out of hold 5x and each time it rings out of hold, someone picks up and puts it back on hold -- without even bother to answer!! The in-person experience isn't much better -- the entire country is going to ** in a hand basket and this pharmacy is leading the way. If I was the regional VP covering this location, I would immediately place this pharmacy on probation. This is so very unprofessional.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Am on Medicare part D and every October I shop prescriptions. Year 1 and 2 Was with Publix, year 3 I was with CVS. Absolutely Awesome pharmacies! Year 4 I am now with Walgreens.

1- Employees terribly rude!
2- They act like you are putting them out!

3- Just moved from Jacksonville to West Palm Beach and this Walmart is the same way! Terrible!

This October I won’t be re-upping with Walgreens even if they have cheaper Prices. Not worth the hassle!

Original review: June 16, 2022

#11959 5201 San Mateo NE, ABQ, NM unbelievable rude service. The manager at the pharmacy was so rude on many occasions. Showed no customer service, no respect for any of the customers. On top of that many times the prescriptions are never ready on time. Seems days later after returning to the pharmacy. There's always issues with staffing being untrained. I'm just going to change my services to my original pharmacy. They don't have a problem taking their meal breaks even making sure everyone knows that they have a 30 minute meal break. But when it comes to getting medication or problem solved they're lack of experience shows. I am done with Walgreens. I've been dealing with problems with Walgreens for over 2 and 1/2 years. Today was the day that I finally said enough.

Original review: June 15, 2022

They take forever to arrive, forever to verify your subscription. And if ever anything happens so that you need assistance you won't get it, as their customer support and customer relations teams are surprisingly unhelpful/seem totally disinterested in helping customers. Use any other contact lense provider instead.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I used to recommend Walgreens on Federal Road, Danbury. They had a great pharmacist, named George. Since he has left the pharmacy has gone downhill. I had a new script that I tried to fill the time before, they took forever getting it, finally I received a partial script. This time they did the same thing but never notified me they couldn't get it. The pharmacist said the manufacturer couldn't provide it and So they told me to try CVS! When I said I would change they finally found a partial script again in the next town. I asked them to switch the script to Optum Rx, they said the phones are always busy. I called Optum RX and thy called the Dr. and got a new script. Terrible service 2 times. They also told me they don't take GoodRX and when I told them to try it, it worked. I gave up and changed to my mail order. This was the federal road, Danbury, CT Store.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I have been filling my prescriptions at Walgreens for a long time. This pharmacy is on North Avenue in Grand Junction Colorado. I am on pain medication that my actual doctor agrees I need. The pharmacist at this Walgreens decided he knows more than my doctor and was refusing to fill my prescription until he deemed it necessary. Told me he was a doctor and was going to tell my doctor what he could and couldn't prescribe to me. I don't know who this ** thinks he is, but he isn't an actual doctor. He needs to be fired and if I can sue this Walgreens because of him, I'm going to. Advice to anyone who uses Walgreens, you should stop and go elsewhere. I changed pharmacies and will never go back to Walgreens again.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I asked them not to run a prescription through my Insurance. They did so and it kicked out my application for an authorization of this medicine with my insurance company. I am spending hours trying to undo what they did, but I can't. They blamed everyone else except for the girl who did this.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Walgreens Marco Island in store pharmacy service was just horrible, so I switched to Walgreens autofill by mail. As a result, my prescription is now 6 days past due, and I am without medicine and still waiting. I have over $1150 in prescriptions per month, and I am now forever done with Walgreens. Save your health and avoid the grief and go somewhere else. Walgreens is Hopeless!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I went to my neighborhood Walgreens Pharmacy to fill a prescription. The cashier took the prescription and told me I had to wait for validation from my insurance company, the pharmacist never called my insurance company. Thinking the cost was high I called my insurance and they had not record of Walgreens validating my prescription. My insurance pays 75% and I pay 25%! they used some online company without my permission. I was paying 50%. I called CareFirst and found this out, pharmacist only said he did not know what went on?

Original review: April 16, 2022

I live in Delaware. I google Walgreens near me to get my asthma inhaler filled. I will say this is Easter weekend. I assumed that there may be different hours due to this. However Walgreens has decided that people in Delaware don't need prescriptions filled on the weekends. There was 10 results of Walgreens. 6 of them the pharmacy is closed. Then I pick the one closest. They don't have it in stock, called the next same thing. Finally got one. But the customer services is unreal. Do they think that they are better than the people that need this medicine? I am done with these corporations. I am going to find the littlest pharmacy that is not a big chain or maybe just go through my insurance. Walgreens needs to do better.

Original review: April 12, 2022

South Lyon, MI - Fire this entire staff, horrible! They are Out of Prescriptions, always. A $Billion Dollar$ company who made their money selling drugs is out of prescriptions. Plus, a $Billion Dollar$ company who made their money selling drugs can't be bothered to hire anyone to answer their phones. I've tried for a WEEK to get a necessary monthly script from these fools. After 4 days I used their Online Chat, just as useless and immoral as the South Lyon employees. They stated Fri. it would be back in stock on "the next business day." I asked Monday? Yes, Monday. And it's Monday. Guess what, not in stock!

I tried to call this South Lyon location, I sat on hold for 20 minutes, no one answered. I did the Live Chat again, they asked ME why the pharmacy hadn't contacted other Walgreens to see if it was in stock. Do I work for Walgreens? That's YOUR job. The Live Chat lady said she was doing that, then ran into some "system error," transferred me to someone else, now the 3rd person, who couldn't be bothered to read the transcripts of the last half an hour. She told me simply to "call the store."

Unbelievable. They also lied and stated that they receive in their meds on order every 24 hours, and they couldn't see any info. about my Refill. What, do you mean the fact that I ordered the Refill, is that what you can't see? I called the South Lyon jerks again. First call, after 10 minutes, someone picked up the phone, hung it up on me. The next call, after 25 minutes of their headache-inducing message that there was 1 person in line in front of me, I finally hung up.

And this was after a year and a half of their screw-ups at this location. I agree with the other Reviewer, fire them, hire new people. The last time I used their drive-thru, I could see 7 different people in the pharmacy area, so not sure why they're not answering their phones or why they're Kmart-level picking up the phone and hanging up. Why don't they have prescriptions in? One that I buy every 30 days?

Last month, and it's the SAME every month, my doctor's office called these jerks. 3 times. To see WHERE my prescription was and WHY it wasn't being filled. Walgreens told them, "Oh it will be in tomorrow, then tomorrow, then tomorrow." After a week of that, I called. They Had My Medication In Stock, They Never Bothered to Tell Me, They Had No Notes I Was Waiting for This Prescription. What? It was simply sitting on the shelf. No one contacted me. A year and a half ago, I mistakenly transferred all of my prescriptions via their website from Rite-Aid to Walgreens since I moved from another area.

This was all thru their computer system. I go to check, first they were in limbo. Next, they deleted FIVE of my prescriptions, no lie, they were gone. Finally they could see them, after much going back and forth, getting corporate involved. How does the computer loose your transfers? Walgreens answer to all this? "Well just make a dr. appointment and get new copies of your prescriptions, then bring them in to Walgreens." They also told me that they had called my doctor's office and that they said they had, "never heard of me," and that I was "not a patient there."

At a doctor's office I'd been going to for 7 years? I don't think so. Turned out, they were contacting the WRONG PROVIDER! Wrong company name, wrong doctor name, wrong phone #, wrong fax #, wrong address, which was all correctly supplied to Walgreens. Gee, no wonder they'd never heard of me. You can't get any dumber than these people. You really can't. A $billion dollar$ company who doesn't care about their customers, making sure you're safe, have the meds you need, they just don't care. And sadly, they were allowed to also buy-up half the Rite-Aid's too, so now it's double incompetence. I am going to look to the grocery stores or a pro home delivery, Walgreens is garbage, South Lyon Walgreens is absolutely unprofessional trash.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I was diagnosed with shingles and was prescribed 2 medicines. With my usual pharmacy being closed already & Walgreens being half a mile away I asked that it be sent there. Upon arrival, one pharmacist said they were already working on it & asked for my insurance card. She comes back several minutes later and tells me I have the wrong card - I need to give her my prescription card. I've been with Cigna for over 20 years- never had one of those & my other pharmacy had just filled a prescription using that same card a few months back. I take the card and show her where it says "prescriptions - yes RXBIN# **." The other pharmacist comes over and says that's not the right # they need to bill insurance. So she proceeds to tell me I can't get my medication unless I can get a prescription card.

I ask her to write down exactly what #'s she needs. This is on a Saturday at 4 PM I am in immense pain and being told to start eye drops asap to prevent permanent damage. I drive home extremely frustrated & pull up my insurance plan on their website to see if I can print a prescription card. Well - it doesn't exist because the 4 #'s the pharmacist wanted were all on my original insurance card that I had given them and pointed out to them. So I drive back now with my husband because the pain is too intense for me to drive. I had filled in the #'s she wanted on a separate piece of paper but pointed out they were all on the insurance card. She turns the card over and starts explaining to me that they are not on the card. I point out yes they are - they are on the front. She then says that's not where they usually are and that the other pharmacist missed it.

Well I had literally pointed it out to both of them just 20 minutes earlier but ok fine. She then proceeds to tell me that they close at 6 PM so no guarantee I will get the medicine that day. It is now 4:30 PM and I then proceed to tell her she was supposedly already working on my order when I got there previously at 4 so I will go ahead & wait. I hear her explain to 6 other people that they will be closing at 6 & she is very busy, and helping people in the drive-thru as well, etc., etc. Well the whole time I'm there not one drive-thru customer and she spend more time going on & on about how busy she is and how she is leaving at 6 that she could have done at least 2 prescriptions in that time.

So now it's almost 5 PM and she tells me she doesn't have the eye drops. I ask her to check other Walgreens only to be told, "if I don't have it here the other Walgreens probably don't either." So I ask if I found it could she transfer it to another pharmacy and she says yes, "but it's a whole process and I'm leaving at 6." So I start calling around to other pharmacies. In the meantime, my other prescription is ready & is handed to me by the Walgreens store manager who is now helping. No double-checking medication, name, consultation etc. I ask if it's safe to take with other medications I'm on & the pharmacist looks at me and says, "ummmm yes" without even looking up at me. Now I wasn't that concerned because the Dr. knew what I was taking but always like to get a second opinion but I don't have any confidence she even really heard me. Now the fun begins!

I found the eye drops and that pharmacy who did check within a 30 mile radius of me requested a transfer while I was on the phone with them. I waited 2 hours & called & they didn't receive the transfer so I called Walgreens back. They said they never received the request. I asked for the phone & fax # that they would like it sent to. Call the other pharmacy back they request it again - this went on for 8 HOURS! I finally called an hour before closing. I decided I would just ask, "how quick can you transfer a prescription to another pharmacy?" and was told, "it takes just a few minutes no problem!" So I then say it's been requested multiple times that day & they still haven't received it. She looks up my name and says I don't have any open prescriptions and no refills available and that's why it's not getting transferred.

I kindly explain to her that is not in fact the case. Then she proceeds to tell me there was an "incident" with the pharmacy tech and some things were impacted by that and that she's working on overtime but can see if she can help get it done. The other pharmacy calls them back and they finally get them on the phone and have it filled for me within 15 minutes. BTW I look at the bottle & it tells me there are 4 refills available. When I arrive to pick it up the pharmacist then tells me she just received the fax - 4 times.

Also, they had no problem finding all my insurance info on the card to bill my insurance. So basically if Walgreens worked more efficiently they wouldn't have had to deal with all my phone calls, the calls from the other pharmacy, and send a fax multiple times. I understand being short-staffed, but do your job and stop complaining about it to the customers and spending so much time telling people what time you close! I feel like this is a disaster waiting to happen, under-staffed, lack of caring or any attention to detail, and someone coming off the store floor to hand out medication with no consultation.

Original review: March 3, 2022

This is only about the Walgreens Pharmacy on Market Street in Wilmington, NC- I haven't been inside the store: Because the my regular Walgreens pharmacy was out of stock with my medication, I had my medication sent to this one. They apparently did not approve of the medication that I have been taking for a long time. And the prescription was not sufficient "documentation" for them to fill it. The fact that other Walgreens had documentation and has been filling it for a while also was not sufficient. They insisted on talking to my doctor. Even after my doctor called them, they refused to fill the prescription. The pharmacist and technician and their manager all think they are better than your trained medical doctor. They certainly feel they are better than you, as the customer.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Wilsey Home • 20 minutes ago. The Walgreens customer service is nonexistent. They don’t even try to stand behind the products they sell. I purchased a 3 month supply of estrogen patches. Here’s the problem, they don’t stick to stay attached to my skin. I took said patches back to the Walgreens pharmacy in Oklahoma City on 6350 N MacArthur Blvd. I spoke with a Pharm D on duty who let me know she cannot refund nor replace defective patches. I can however purchase a different brand of patches for $400.00 or buy waterproof coverings to hold the patches on.

I asked if the manufacturer would stand behind their products. She replied that I could try by calling them. I asked for the manufacturer's phone number. She said it was on my package insert. (It’s not there). I went back asking for manufacturer's (Mylan) phone number and she gave me a number to call. I called that number and it was for financial services!!! I go back for a THIRD time and after a LOT of searching she found the elusive number for Mylan. I’ve left a message with Mylan so we’ll see what happens with that.

Seems kind of odd to me that when a product that Walgreens sells and is defective it is left up to me to work it out. What do I need Walgreens for? These patches are not cheap and are NOT covered by my insurance. I have 1 box that has not even been opened. Can’t get a refund or replacement for any of the 3 boxes. I called Walgreens corporate office and explained what happened.. They replied “So you’d like to make a complaint?” I give up. Moral to this story if you choose to use Walgreens do so at your own risk. They do NOT stand behind their products and their customer service is non-existent. What else can be said?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

I went to Medicap Pharmacy for 20 years, got the same pain meds from the same Dr and the same amount each month. I am on palliative care, Medicap sold their prescriptions to Walgreens without telling anyone not even me. Walgreens bought these prescriptions knowing that 80% of Medicap's patients went to a pain clinic in Frederick Maryland. Walgreens knew that they would not accept the patients' prescriptions from that particular pain clinic before they even bought the prescriptions for Medicap.

I was told when I called Medicap that my prescriptions were sent over to Walgreens. As I went to Walgreens to pick up my prescriptions I was so embarrassed by the pharmacist over my pain medication over them telling me that they would not fill this amount, they don't care how sick I am, to find another doctor in my own area. My doctor's office is only 35 mi from where I live, there is no good pain doctors in Berkeley county, if there was I wouldn't be going where I'm going. Needless to say that Walgreens pharmacist had me in tears that day. Someone needs to stop these pharmacies for hurting sick people, it's not right.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Online it says that my local Walgreens Pharmacy is open until 7 PM. I raced to get there to pick up an extremely important prescription only to find that they close at 6 PM. Who closes a pharmacy as early as 6 PM anyway?? This is inconvenient at best and totally irresponsible of a company that is relied on for life saving medication to 1) not have accurate hours posted online and 2) not have more flexible hours than closing at 6pm. Since when do pharmacies have bankers hours???? Completely unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

For the last month and a half we have had problems getting our prescriptions filled at the Walgreens on the corner of Highway 18 and Navajo Road in Apple Valley California. Last year we switched to this pharmacy because we moved and it was the closest to our house. It had not been a big issue until recently. I am not sure what is going on but they have become impossible to deal with. Several times they closed the pharmacy without notice, stating an emercency. How many emergencies are they having. My doctor and my husband's doctor called in our prescriptions and they claim they did not get them. So we called the doctors and they called them in again. Still Walgreens claims they did not get them. My doctor said that was ridiculous and called mine to a locally owned pharmacy and my medicine was ready in 30 minutes.

Walgreens said they would have to send in a request to my husband's doctor and they would fill the meds as soon as they heard back from him, even though the doctor insists he already requested they be filled. The next day I got an automated call from Walgreens saying 2 of the prescriptions had been filled and were ready to be picked up. The third was still waiting for the doctor. So, I went to Walgreens and waited another 45 minutes just to be told there were no meds ready for my husband and they would have to contact the doctor again. Then I showed them a bottle that said there was 1 refill available on one of the meds, and asked if they could at least get that one done right away. I was assured the one would be done later that day and they would call me. They did not, of course.

The next morning I got a call that said it was ready. Before I could get to the store to pick it up I got another automated call that stated there was a hold on my husband's meds and they would not be ready until some time next week. As soon as I could I drove down to the Walgreens and there was a sign on the door telling customers the pharmacy was closed (again) due to yet another emergency. Do they realize they are a pharmacy. They are there to fill the prescriptions that doctors prescribe to patients.

These prescriptions are for medications people need. It is not a luxury, it is a necessity. Now they have caused a huge issue with my husband's insurance because according to them the meds were already filled. My husband could end up hospitalized or worse and I might not be able to get him his meds for another month because of Walgreens ineptness. They are the ones that messed up the insurance charges. This is completely unacceptable and I strongly advise people to stay away from this Walgreens location.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Insurance had changed. Not accepted at regular pharmacy. Went to get script transferred and clerk said, "We don't do that anymore. Have doctor call it in. We don't do transfers here. (Indifferent) Sorry."

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I have dealt with many Walgreens Pharmacy ​locations and all are bad. I am a hospice nurse and deal with them a lot for the families. Pharmacist are rude and very uncaring. I personally quit using Walgreens as my pharmacy years ago due to this.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

The Walgreens pharmacy located at FM1488 and FM2978 in Magnolia, TX has the worst customer service and employee attitude I have ever seen (in my opinion). I trade at the HEB pharmacy about a mile away, and very pleased with their performance, attitude and advice. However, my wife has been trading with Walgreens's for years. So I recently went to pick up a script for her which had been phoned in by her doctor about 4 hours earlier. So after waiting for the pharmacy to re-open after it closed for a "lunch break" (yes, really) at 1:30pm the employees finally reappeared - all seemingly in a bad mood. Not sure why, but it was clear they did not want to be there and go through the motions. Some were downright rude to their customers. In the meantime there are about 6-7 people waiting in line inside and about 12 cars in line outside. Of course their convenience store operation was open for everything from cosmetics to candy.

In fairness, I suppose due to state, federal and corporate regulations the pharmaceuticals area must be closed and locked if no licensed pharmacist is present - makes sense. However the nearby HEB, Kroger, Wal-Mart and CVS pharmacies do not close during the day (ever). Maybe they have enough business to keep 2 licensed individuals on staff. I questioned the store manager who, of course, deferred the situation to corporate. Other customers waiting in line voiced the same concerns even though they had known about the closure policy for some time.

Bottom-line - it seems completely absurd that a national pharmacy chain would close it "primary" business department in the middle of the day (everyday). And oh, BTW, my wife had to wait 45 minutes for a flu shot after being told initially it would only be a few minutes. They later apologized and admitted they forgot she was waiting. It seems the company and its employees have not fully engaged with the role of customers in the company's success. Having read many very negative reviews about Walgreen's service prior to writing this one it's pretty obvious management has taken its eye off the ball. Oh well, best of luck Walgreen's. We are now in the process of moving her business to HEB.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I came from my Dr.'s office, the pharmacy informed myself, there has to be a reason for my prescription. I called my Dr., and he said, He's never heard of such protocol, he then told me to find another pharmacy. My prescription was finally filled, 6 hours later. This is not the First time Walgreens has done this. I went to CVS, they had my prescription ready before I even got there. If you want incompetence go to Walgreens Pharmacy. I posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Location: Walgreens 3204 Peach Orchard Rd, Augusta Georgia 30906. Where do I start. I don’t take time out to post reviews, I’m a firm believer in if you don’t like the business or establishment just don’t return. However for this unjust experience, I had to make an exception. I went through the drive thru to have 2 prescriptions filled. I noticed they took a little longer than usual to come to the windows with my medicine. ** which I was told is the pharmaceutical manager appeared at the window & asked if the copy I had was the only copy. I responded with yes. His was response was “Since the prescription was not written in the immediate area, we can’t fill it”. I asked if he needed verification from the doctor, and ** response was “No mam, we don’t. We just can’t fill it.”

I drove off and said to myself, well maybe he didn’t understand my situation so let me go inside to have a conversation. When I went inside I explained to him that I got into a car accident in Atlanta & I reside in Augusta. His response was “I can fill the **, but not the one containing **, because it's a little controlled substance (**) & I don’t feel comfortable”. I questioned but I didn’t argue because I really needed the medicine due to my condition. I asked him a question to see what kind of response I would get, and asked “is there a policy saying you don’t have to fill the prescription?” He said there was. Then I asked if he could show me, he told me he couldn’t. Mind you the law that was passed in 2001 is public information.

10 mins passed as I was waiting on my **, he then placed the prescription on the counter saying “he can’t fill the prescription for either.” I asked for a valid/ moral reason and his response was “It’s just best”. When I pulled my phone to record for my own personal record I asked again for a valid reason and his response was “mam, I can’t give you another reason other than the 1, I just gave a few minutes ago”. Both prescriptions were written from the same doctor, both were on the same kind of paper, and both prescriptions applied to applicable state laws. He agreed to do 1, then made a decision to not do the ** either. When I asked for a moral reason, he could not provide it and told me “The only thing I can say is, I apologize for any inconvenience and we are not able to fill your prescription”. Then he mentioned he did not give me consent to record him, that’s when I knew he was either not knowledgeable of pharmaceutical laws and state laws or he assumed I wasn’t knowledgeable.

After ** laughed in my face and didn’t want to give me a moral reason for denying to fill the prescription after agreeing he would, he told me to leave. So I ended up calling law enforcement to have a civil conversation. Due to the police officer not being familiar with Code 480-5-03, he asked ** if he could just fill the **. His response to the police officer was “I just would rather not”. Since the officer was not familiar with the law, he did his part & provided a solution for me to go to another pharmacy. I left and went to CVS down the street, and both prescriptions were filled after the manager simply made a phone call to verify.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Walgreens located at 6671 Covington Hwy, Lithonia, GA is unsafe, unkept and very negligent to the community. The store has failed to provide the very minimum basic upkeeps for a high profit/heavy traffic locations. Built in 2001 and never upgraded says a lot. The floors are horrendous, the ceiling leaks both indoor and outdoor (safety risk), and part of the ceiling at the entrance has fallen down. This is suppose to be a place where people go to get well and purchase their medication; what a disgrace. Another example of corporate taking advantage of the communities that they profit so much from. I have left several messages with corporate but have received no response.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I am fortunate to be switching to a plan that doesn't require me to use this so-called pharmacy. Since I was forced by my medical plan to go solely to this place I've been dreaming about going to another pharmacy. I haven't been to a pharmacy that hasn't run circles around this pharmacy. Their professionalism, efficiency, accuracy, sworn to serve, and duties are far the standards required at a pharmacy. They also feel your prescriptions shouldn't be filled when their counterpart prescription insurance says they won't pay. I've never seen a doctor's prescription that says only fill the prescription if the insurance pays. Rather this needs filled and see if the customer wants it. These people were hired to follow directives and we don't need their personal judgments when dealing with our health. Again it's great to be getting away from these so-called health providers. I hope their repeated actions don't affect others' safety but can't see it otherwise.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I took my COVID test on Friday and needed results by Sunday. Today is Tuesday. The report is finally available, but the results don’t pull up. I get an error message and no instructions who to turn to for help. The pharmacy in Frisco, TX just washes its hands of the issue, aside from the point that at this time, the results are completely worthless. We’ve used Walgreens in other locations before and always got my results in 24 hours. This one is using Aegis labs. Don’t use any Walgreens tied to this lab!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I've recently retired and now on Medi-Cal, after over 30 years on employee-based insurance. Signed up online for Flu Shot. Waited quite a while in line (seemed short on staff, Walgreens on Douglas Ave, Granite Bay CA), then they wouldn't accept a MediCal card. This is something the state of CA should know about, as it has public health implications. And on principle, a reason to stop giving Walgreens business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

BEWARE....Probably the worst pharmacy I've ever been to. We get our daughter's insulin prescriptions filled here. We waited over 2 weeks for them to refill her prescription. During this time she ran out, I had to go to 2 different pharmacies for emergency vials as a partial fill, 2nd time they charged me the $50 co-pay, got home and the vial they gave me was broken and leaking. My daughter ended up in ketoacidosis because of this. We were told not 1 out of the 8 pharmacies near our home had insulin she needs in stock....Not 1 store out of 8!!. I ended up driving over 30 miles away to get her prescription filled and this store charged me the co-pay again!!!. Never mind each and every time I go here I end up waiting in lines at least 8 people deep for anywhere between 30-45 minutes only to find out they didn't have the prescription ready. Needless to say we are no longer using this pharmacy.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I have a 15 day supply of a prescription. The state rule is can't pick it up until 2 days prior. Ok no problem. Went today which is the same time frame I always pick this medicine up with no prior issues. I was told by the same pharmacist who denied filling my medicine before that I couldn't pick it up until the 17th of November! Last refill was November 2nd and I take this medication at night. So I took it that night on the day I picked it up like I am prescribed. She tried to argue with me saying that the computer doesn't count the day/night I received the medication so therefore she can't fill it until November 17th. Are you kidding me?

She continues to tell me it's not her problem and she can't do anything about it. Basic counting tells you if you have a 15 day supply of a medication Nov-2-Nov 16 is 15 days. However her excuse not to fill my medication is "not her problem" and she can't count the day I picked it up EVEN though I TAKE THE MEDICATION AT NIGHT! Incredibly frustrating and unprofessional. She is the only pharmacist that denies filling my medication every single time even though it's not too early to have it filled. What a joke.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

Made appointment for immunizations (Covid and flu). An hour later I received the shots. What a joke~ why did I make an appointment??? Terribly disorganized and unprofessional. Customer service rating is zero --- that is 0. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2021

Walgreens 2175 Ina Tucson, AZ. I scheduled a Covid booster shot for 11:10am. I arrived 15 minutes early (as advised online) with all forms completed. There was complete confusion as to a check in process to follow, with no one offering instructions. When I inquired, I was told to wait in a "line" which turned out to be a mixture of people for prescription pickups and Covid shot appointments. I later deduced that there was a separate check in window for Covid shot appointments and there should have been a separate line for Covid appointments, but no one was told this. When I was finally able to submit my forms to a pharmacy worker, I was told to wait for follow up. After 20 more minutes I was given some paper work to hold on to and told to wait for a call for the shot. 45 minutes later I got the call and a booster shot that took about 30 seconds to administer. I encountered over an hour wait for a 30 second shot.

Only two people were ahead of me. No explanations were given when I asked why there was such a long delay. The person giving the shots must have simply stopped working, or left for almost an hour. This was absurd given that I scheduled the appointment a week ahead, arrived very early and that the actual action took less than a minute to complete. The few people ahead of me also only would only have needed 30 seconds to be given the shot. When I got the first two vaccination shots (at a different facility) everything followed the pre scheduled time without any delay and significantly more people were being treated. The Walgreens staff are incompetent by comparison. I will avoid this store in the future.

Walgreens Pharmacy Company Information