1.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1890 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

So I tried today for the first time the advertised express pickup for the several prescriptions I ordered. Ordering process was great, easy pay, all good. I received the code to be scanned and drove to the pharmacy. There I could not find any advertised express pickup parking spaces. Parked the car, walked in. There are about 7-8 people in line and one person handling the line. Asked around, was told to stay in the line. After about 25 minutes got to the front. My code was scanned and receptionist started to look for medications picking one at a time. Finally all there. Next she told me that something is wrong because my balance is 0. Does not look like she even heard of this program. In any case, major disappointment. At most I saved 30 seconds for scanning of my credit card. Basically whatever commercials say - do not believe it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I received a message from CVS on my home answering machine telling me my prescription was ready. Having not placed any orders, I contacted them and found out they had set me up for automatic refills on a prescription I had filled for a temporary issue. I later discovered they had also billed my insurance (BCBS) for the medication, which I not only did not request but also did not pick up. It took me at least two weeks of calls and messages to both CVS and BCBS to get them to reverse the order and take me off automatic refills for the medication.

Then I started receiving messages on my home answering machine that the same prescription was due for a refill! As far as I know, Blue Cross Blue Shield paid for their portion of the cost. I ended up blocking the CVS phone number in order to stop the calls. Questionable business practice or all out fraud? I am done with CVS. Walgreens may even have bigger issues with a record of shorting prescription quantities but that is another story.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Refuse to follow Drs medically necessary amount of diabetic blood glucose tests strips even though Medicare policy is to with prescription. A company abusing medicare recipients and profiting by not providing proper care!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

My prescription was short for 5 pills. Not sure how many times it was short, I have never rechecked. I was wondering why I finished my prescription before end of the month. I got 30 pills for a month. After I picked up my refilled Rx, I got home and counted them. It was short! Accidentally or intentionally, I don't know... Think about it, one million prescriptions = five millions tablets=how many million$$$??? I didn't try to make it big deal but I couldn't feel any responsibility. She didn't say sorry or apologize when it happened. Her voice seemed cold and unpleasant... She said, "I will put five pills for you, just come to pick it up!"...That's it! LOL. Hard to trust CVS again, I would count & recheck every time if I need to use them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

CVS Pharmacy # 4881 is the best of all! Kudos to Kendra, Vicky, Emerald, and Autumn for being the most kind and professionally informed individuals in the business. I am sure that you rarely if ever get the respect, sense of equality or consistent praise from customers or establishment that you so richly deserve but here it is from me! (Not going to any other location in spite of us not living near here anymore.)

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I get the same meds filled every single month at CVS, due to my insurance. I am battling cancer and I am on pain meds, every month they never have it in stock. 1 month I had to wait 20 days, I was in so much pain, it made me vomit. Then they will say they never received my electronic script even though Dr office sent me a screen print showing it was received and they confirmed it. Then they would say they deleted it by mistake. I have to go through this stress every month, jumping hoops. The only time they were really helpful is when I received someone else's pain meds/script in error and I contacted them and returned it.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

My husband had oral surgery today and was in excruciating pain. I dropped his RX off at CVS, they told me a 2 hr wait. Waiting... waiting...still waiting (in the store might I add)... still waiting. Over 2 hrs still not ready! Joke!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I hate that my medical insurance require us to use CVS Pharmacy. The pharmacy and pharmacy techs are very unprofessional and rude. On several occasions I have tried to get prescription refills and they were supposed to contact me via text and did not. I drop off prescriptions before work and tell them I want them same day. Go to pick them up on lunch break or after work and the prescriptions are still not ready. I called this evening at 8:24 to see if they received my prescriptions yesterday and to see what the cost would be and they did not an answer for 24 minutes.

I then call through CVS store and spoke to a clerk to have them transfer me and still no answer. I called back through the store and spoke to the manager Jerry and asked him to page the pharmacy because I have been calling since 8:24 and it was now 8:46 and I still did not get an answer. He put me on hold and they finally answered around 8:52. The tech or pharmacist that answered was rude and told me they were not answering calls because they were busy. I told her it was rude that they were not answering the phone calls because our questions are just as important as the prescriptions they are filling. This is the CVS on N Main Street in Gainesville, FL.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

My prescription was sent into CVS 1150 NE 26th St Wilton Manors FL 33305 on the 27th of January 2019. I was a little early so it was scheduled for February 8th 2019 to fill. Well lo & behold I call the pharmacy on February 11th to pick it up and the pharmacy tech and pharmacist said, "There is no prescription here for you" and I replied, "That's impossible because my Doctor sent it electronically so how can you possibly lose something that's sent from computer to computer." This is not the 1st incident but this is a medication that I need not want and it seems like every time I need to refill or a prescription is sent in by my doctor there's always a problem with this CVS.

I filed a complaint the first incident but this time I will not stop until something is done. This is totally unprofessional as a pharmacist who is the closest thing to a quote quote rookie Doctor so how does something like this happen. Something needs to be done with these pharmacies, techs & pharmacists because people are truly suffering because the staff sucks.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

My wife has been a brittle Type 1 Diabetic for over 30 years. Her endocrinologist has always prescribed enough test strips for her to help her keep herself on track as much as possible. Recently we were told by CVS that they have a new agreement with Medicare that would only fill scripts for Type 1 Diabetes up to 3 test strips per day. The Pharmacist at our local CVS explained this to us as she seemed very annoyed at this new procedure herself. They even recommended other Pharmacies who would fill our script without a problem. We have since had the script filled at Walgreens and we no longer be doing ANY business with CVS. Hopefully their shortsightedness will cost them long term profits.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

Nasty and impatient customer service. Each time I come in and talk to them on the phone I am met with impatient attitude and just horrible customer service. I used them because of the location convenience but to be honest using them is no convenience when you are treated so badly by customer service. Use someone who treats you right.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I have been trying to fulfill a necessary prescription for my seven year old son since Monday afternoon. My wife called in the Rx between 3:30 pm to 4:00 pm on Monday (2-4-19). She stops off today after work today between 5:30 pm to 6:00 pm. The prescription is not ready and they tell her it will be another hour. She calls CVS around 7:30 pm to 7:45 pm and they tell her twenty more minutes. I wait until 8:10 pm to 8:15 pm to leave. I get there and wait in a line with four customers ahead of me. I meet a guy behind the counter and he apologizes about the wait and being slammed, but says it will be another ten minutes. I am hesitant and give him the stink eye, but I say no more and browse the store. He tells me that he will make my prescription a top priority and will expedite me. I get bored of the store and pace around the prescription desk again.

An older blonde female pharmacist asks if she can help me and I tell her my story thus far. She tells me that she can only give me 22 pills of the prescription because that's all they have. One, she couldn't transfer it to another CVS since it was electronically sent to them from the doctor and two, we would miss eight pills because of the electronic prescription. She says sorry, that someone should have checked to see if there was enough for the prescription. The funny thing is that it was her and one other male employee that was running the pharmacy. Is she blaming herself? When she told me she couldn't fill it short of us losing eight pills, I saluted her and walked out. Nothing but silence from the pharmacist upon walking out.

Yes, we waited too long to fill my son's prescription, but does one mean to tell me that a common needed prescription can't be filled/communicated after approximately thirty hours in the 21st century. I will never slide another dollar of my money across the clerk counter of this CVS. We are transferring this prescription in the morning.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

CVS, price, convenient. Can order online and pick up at store. Good parking, fairly close by. Pharmacy is very good, helpful salespeople, clean and easy to find everything. I have been going to CVS Target for many years and have been very happy with them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I picked up my 90-day ** 40 mg generic from CVS pharmacy. When I got home and opened the pharmacy bag, they had given a different pill from different mfg. I called and asked to bring them back and get my regular generic RX that is been taking almost 2 years. I was told I couldn’t return RX after leaving store, and they no longer carry the other brand. Started taking new brand, and have been losing my voice, sore throat, burning, feels like something lodged in my throat. This medicine does not work! Called the pharmacy, asked them to replace. Was told they need new RX from Dr, and I would have to pay $400 out of pocket. Contacted my insurance, and they are allowing a refill at Walgreens, and will pay for it. Never use CVS again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Waited two hours for a prescription of generic **. Plus they all of a sudden don't take prescription discount cards. Got home and took my medicine and it didn't work. Next day took the medicine three times like I'm supposed to every day and still no effect whatsoever from the medicine. This is the CVS in Tulsa Oklahoma at 71st and Yale. They basically gave me a sugar pill and charged me $85 for it. I only went to CVS because my regular pharmacy was out. Never again! I only have to pay $43 for the regular generic that actually works at Walgreens. This is robbery!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

On 2-2-2019, I walked into CVS in WARREN, RI. I asked to speak to pharmacist and that I need some help with getting a few vials of ** inhalation solution for mom's nebulizer treatments. Little did I know, she was the pharmacist. So I explained we thought we had 1 more box, but realized we did not. We only had two vials left and was insufficient to cover the weekend until we can get doctor to call it in on Monday. I explained this to her and that I tried the doc's answering service and got nowhere. She said she can’t break up the box to give me a few vials to hold mom over until Monday.

So she called doc's answering service, looked at me and said, "Press one," then mentioned mom’s situation and the answering service lady, said they can only forward calls for nursing home patients' prescriptions. She then said, "Take her to the ER." I explained the only way to do this is via ambulance because she is bedridden. She said, "Sorry I don’t know what to tell you." I said, "She needs these treatments as she’s had a cold and this helps her with loosening up congestion to bring up the phlegm." She said, "I’m sorry," and walked away.

After a few steps on my way out and turned around to ask her name and she was laughing with the other girl working. I said, "I can’t believe you're laughing at my dilemma," and "I’m going to file a formal complaint." She then lost the smile and said, "I’m sorry." I had two people in the store, one at the counter who looked at me and another who shook her head, saying, "These kids are truly disrespectful." I was very saddened, that my dilemma with my 91 year old mom, her being in medical distress, her and us not sleeping, was thought of as being funny to the so-called $140,000 a year professional. No empathy, NO professionalism and NO respect for a customer, adult, and 59 year old who could be her dad! I didn’t think the CVS pharmacist work pool (culture) had been contaminated with the younger entitlement, self serving and disrespectful mentality, but apparently it has.

I then in desperation called the answering service, pressed one, hmmmm. Spoke with lady who is not staff and after explaining my dilemma to her, she said the doctors give the pharmacy the ok to give the patient/customer a few of whatever to hold the patient/customer over their weekend. I wasn’t asking for any narcotics, just a few vials for breathing treatments. Really? Previously, I mentioned to the pharmacist that I’ve had other pharmacist exercise their discretion in the past, why couldn't she? Just nodded her head no.

So here I, am 91 year old without medication to get through the weekend. Listen to this, two days ago we got other medicine for mom, usually 1 month supply, but we’re given a three month supply, over $3400.00. I ask for a few vials and get humiliated by an overpaid inconsiderate, disrespectful kid. Walgreens here we come! I will only stay with a formal apology from her... Actually changed my mind. Shame on you CVS. Walgreens it is!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

For about two years now I have had a script that I take daily that gets filled every three months. Since inception of this daily med I have had a multitude of issues trying to get CVS to get their act together with my medication. At first it was coming mail order, the very first refill was late by two weeks which I would have had to pay 100% of the cost of if I had my dr rewrite the script because CVS already ran my insurance. The following month it was late again so before they ran my insurance I got another script from my dr and picked it up in store, the following month I receive two 3 month supplies. I just shook my head, what else can you do. Every month it is something. Here it is another refill, I received a text from CVS on 1/9/2019 asking if I wanted them to get my script refilled, I respond yes and follow with a call. Message received. I hear nothing by 24th and down to 3 pills. Call dr, send it over, call CVS did you get it, no one knows anything except wait.

Today, 1/31, 4 days out of meds, I call CVS, person on the phone rudely replies "what do you want" when I called to express my dismay over not having my script filled. I said I was looking for information regarding my script, is it ready, is it in your system, have you heard from the dr. She replies that it's not processed, I ask what that means, she says it's been in the system since the 22nd but not filled, did I want to fill it. Taking a deep breath as to not ignite into a cannonball and let the person on the other end endure the ENTIRE two years of frustration, I say yes, yes I do want my script filled.

I am positive that in three months this will all occur again in some way/shape/or form. Terrible, absolutely terrible and honestly if I was not bound to CVS by my companies script plan I would have bailed on them a year and a half ago. My health matters to me and being 4 days without my thyroid medication because CVS cannot get their act together enough to care about societies health is totally unacceptable! If I were to behave for two weeks how they have consistently behaved for two years, I would have been fired. At least this time was only four days, I've been without my meds for two weeks before, chasing them to do their job, it's just plain wrong!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Over the last few months, CVS Pharmacy Website and store pickup has deteriorated from super-fast and accurate to super slow and inaccurate. Yesterday, during our second attempt to pick up the renewal, we waited in the store pickup line 30 minutes for a renewal that had been reordered two times because of inaccurate quantity and number of refills only to find the order again had the same errors. Luckily, the clerk was able to correct the quantity error this time. Currently, we have a refill that the website is showing ready yesterday, but still "In Process". We sure miss the old super-fast and accurate CVS Pharmacy.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I had to purchase a walker for my brother in law. He is a disabled/legally blind special needs adult. He is a large man. Katherine was argumentative. Said she wouldn't sell us the large HVYDTY Bariatric unit because he couldn't push it. I told her that was best for his size. She continued to tell me it was for bariatric people over 300 lbs. And will not sell it to me. Finally I said it is for sale and he wants that one. She took it down from the shelf and demanded I listen to her. We purchased the unit even as she continued to be objective and rude. Her attitude was and always is confrontational every time we have been in that store.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

After multiple attempts to call and holding for over 30 minutes l drove to store. While in line I hear phone constantly ringing, recording on their phone saying four calls waiting, five calls waiting, six calls waiting and then two calls waiting, four callers had hung up. This repeated two more times. I get waited on and they said my Rx had not been sent. I call my Drs. next morning, they said it had been sent but they would send it again. Try calling CVS that evening and again no answer. I drive to CVS again, phone still ringing nonstop. I get waited on and still no Rx.

They say, "Come back tomorrow." I return next day, phone still ringing nonstop, the girl checks computer and ask name and birthday. "We still haven’t received anything from your Dr." Then pharmacist ask her whose name she was searching for. She gives my name, and BINGO it had been there just misfiled, the pharmacist remembered seeing it in a basket. I waited 30 minutes while they finally filled it. I called my Dr next day and told them how incompetent CVS was and had them remove CVS from my file.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I received two texts from CVS pharmacy saying my RX ARE READY FOR PICKUP yesterday. Today I sat in line behind 4 cars for FORTY-FIVE MINUTES only to be told that they had nothing there for me. I told the lady I got a text and she said it was a refill reminder from corporate. I can read and it clearly said RX READY FOR PICKUP not once but twice! I am not a satisfied customer to say the least!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I am another casualty in the legal need ** denial syndrome going on in Las Vegas. 8 years at same CVS. Aetna my prescription plan uses preferred CVS. January comes and now it’s “we’re out stock”, “it on order”, “can’t say when” etc. Recently I had a CVS pharmacist ** pharmacist tell me he won’t fill it because “he doesn’t think I need it”!!! WHAT???? My horrific burden is that I take and need **. I did just read that though they have right to refuse, they must consult with the prescribing dr before they can deny. NV State Law!!! By the way, I’ve been out, taken no opioid in 6 days! Pharmacists were made aware... This is not gonna get better. Some kind of Pharmacy registers must be created to order enough for their “known customers” that legitimately take these needed medications (opioids). This might increase the amount for the needy.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Was told "If you don't get all your prescriptions here we can't fill any of your prescriptions." I've never seen a pharmacy invent so many "unnecessarily complicated" rules. They enjoy making every transaction overly complicated and inconvenient. My father's Dr. called him in some medication because his appointment was pushed back and the CVS pharmacist did everything in her power to turn us away because he doesn't use CVS for all of his prescriptions. I now know that I will never walk into a CVS again.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I been using CVS for about 8 years or more different states where I used to live and never had a problem until 1.17.2019 CVS at 303 White street on Danbury CT. I been getting a prescription monthly for a weekly injections for 3 years now. Since I switched to this CVS it has always been a problem to get it refill, when the doctor send it they don't call or text, I always have to call so they can refilled, my last prescription was there for more than a week and I find out because my doctor call me to tell me they send it.

So I call and they told me it be ready next day, when I went and picked up and when I'm home I found out someone wrote with a pen ("DO YA ALWAYS TAKE THIS HIGH DOSE?"). I was so disturbed of that rude comment because clearly the person who did it who I think is a man that made a comment of the same prescription few months ago have no clue on what's going on with my health plus he/she is not a doctor. I was about to go back and complaint but I been in bed since then with a terrible cold.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I looked online for pulse ox meter & was more expensive in store, and was told they don’t match their online store. That’s a bad policy. I needed it & purchased it anyway as it had $10 in rewards bucks. I went back to the store after I realized it needed batteries, and they said the cash register didn’t accept their own cash bucks. Now they don’t honor their own bucks, which is about accurate as they rarely accept their emailed coupons either & can never explain why. The manager told me to call corporate & refused to honor it. Wow! Done with this company & will drive past them to go to Walgreens!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I called to check on my daughter's prescription and the lady said "I'm not going to fill it". She said #1 this medication can't be cut in half and #2 the doctor isn't covered by her insurance... She said it very hateful. I just said okay but I can't get it off my mind how her tone was... I will never use CVS in Franklin Ky.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

Been going in this store for about 6 years. Never once had a problem, not even a slight error in anything. Friendly staff that I actually have fun with and joke with when I'm in there. Not today. Went in there around 2000 hrs on 18th of Jan 2019. Was "helped" by this repulsive young man named **. I asked him why he's got an attitude problem, he says "that's right. I do have an attitude problem, and you didn't even bother to ask me why." I told him it is not my place to give him empathy or remorse or ask him anything about how bad of a day he's having. I went in there to purchase shampoo and a diet soda, that's it. I asked him to call for a manager, and he did and sarcastically said "do you want corporate number too?" I told him, "Heck yeah I want it."

The supervisor then came out and told the arrogant/ignorant worker to calm down and go in the back, he failed to do so. He just kept looking at me like he wanted to climb over the counter and jump me, I said "if you want to jump over and try me, then come over here." He said "I'd love to, but I'm on the clock." The young lady told him "you can't say that kind of stuff **!!" He ignored her, she got on the phone to call the manager and by that time I was leaving, but before I did I got him on film to document the proof.

I'm a retired disabled veteran, and was wearing my retired hat. I have a feeling this repulsive human being didn't like military people, what other reason would he have to be such an **? If you're a CVS general manager, please get in contact with me asap. I have the video. If any retired veterans wants to visit or call the store to give them a piece of their mind. Here is the information: CVS Pharmacy at 7210 West Atlantic Blvd. Margate, Florida, Store #3310, Phone 954-973-7118.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Usually I get all my prescriptions filled at CVS on Curry, which I love those people from there, but CVS from Cristal Lake is terrible, people very rude and unprofessional, very bad. I think that upper management should evaluate better that pharmacy employees.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

So, I am pregnant and have had a preterm birth in the past. My MDs felt I should go on a medication to prevent preterm labor. My insurance requires me to use CVS Pharmacy. Well my medication is a specialty medication and can only get it they mail order. I am to take this injectable medication weekly from weeks 16-36 of my pregnancy. I received one shipment. When I called on 12-10-18 to place my order for there next four weeks. I was told that they are currently out of stock but they would schedule my shipment and let me know if it wouldn't be here so I could find an alternate option. My shipment never came, but my Dr office said they had some on hand and would provide me with a shot. I rescheduled my shipment... Still out of stock.

I have rescheduled this shipment every week and it's now the middle of January and they are still out of stock. So I called Makena and they say they are not out of stock and have shipped the medication to CVS. That none of their other patients are having a problem getting their medication. Called CVS again and they said that someone stopped my shipment orders because I said I was going to do buy and bill thru my Dr office. I never said that, I said I was looking into it because fighting with them is getting ridiculous. I have to have this medication to maintain this pregnancy. I'm currently 24 weeks and am still having complications even with the medication. They are playing with people's lives and they don't care.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I switched to this store from another CVS that could never find my name, my prescription, or my insurance (all on file). I was personally assured by the pharmacist that this store operated smoothly with no problems. Nothing could be further from the truth. My doctor has called in several prescriptions that I needed the same day. They do not automatically fill prescriptions your doctor calls in; however you can try to call to ask them to fill it, but on 3 out of the 5 times I was on hold for over 30 minutes without anyone coming to the phone. Once, I set it on my desk and was on hold for over 2 hours (no one ever answered). So then you have to go to the store, stand in one line and tell them you need it filled and then be told you will have to come back another day to pick it up unless you are demanding. I have stood in line for over an hour and watched how badly they treat each customer.

Two days ago, I got off early to pick up my prescription in hopes of beating the line at CVS. Since there was only one car in the drive-through and the line inside can be hours long, I pull in as car two. 8 other cars promptly pulled into the single lane behind me. And then I sat... for over an hour while no one came to help the handicapped woman in front of me. People were irate and honking. People got out of their cars and made plans to back up (into heavy traffic I might add) to let people out who were late to pick up their kids after being in line for more than 45 minutes. Finally, the lady in front was helped, and I moved up to the window and pushed the button. And no one came... for over 20 minutes (with me constantly pushing the button). People were again angry and honking. The cars again all backed up to let people out.

I am then told that despite my doctor calling in a same day prescription the day before, that they didn't fill it. I asked to contact a manager and was told that my only recourse was to call 1-800-SHOP-CVS. At least this time, they remembered to keep my insurance on file...right? It's the only good thing I can say. This location also lies to customers, on a different day, my doctor called in another prescription. I called the next day to see if it had been filled (the time I actually got through). I was told that no prescriptions had been called in on the answering machine but they would check and tell me if I called back in 20 minutes. I called back and was told that no, they had checked and no prescriptions had come in. I called my doctor, interrupted their day, and was told that yes it had been called in while I was still in the office.

They agreed to call it in again. They then called me back to let me know, that it was indeed on CVS's answering machine, but the tech told the doctor that they were so behind they were not checking the machine. I waste several trips and multiple hours picking up one prescription here. My experiences with this CVS are not anomalies, they are the norm. People are treated badly and leave without needed medications that have been prescribed to them after waiting in line for over an hour. I am so displeased with this company that I have no words. Totally different and good experience if you go to Walgreens...which I would happily do, except that the only insurance policy my employer offers is CVS Caremark.

I do mail order when I can, but this is enough to make you want to get a new job so that you can get new insurance and not have to go to this terrible store. Clearly, they do not value customers or their time. Oh...and since I made a complaint to CVS Caremark, their response was to have the pharmacist call me. She left a message today asking me to call her to share my bad experience. She told me to call her on the store number...which I did...and guess what, I was on hold for over 30 minutes before hanging up. I hate that terrible corporations like CVS are ruining health care and do not care about people. Stay away.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs