CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.00/5

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 6, 2020

The pharmacist are always helpful and very professional (** and **) as well as all the other staff. Especially the lady with "red hair". She always greets customers with a smile and always extends herself for us. This time she helped me find diabetic cough syrup. They always try to save me money. The guy that waited on me yesterday was very helpful and in such a "jolly" mood. It spilled over on me. What a great team in the store and the pharmacy at this CVS 11120 Patterson Ave 23238.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have had many excellent experiences at the CVS pharmacy in Ship Bottom, NJ. On numerous occasions, they have helped me with prescriptions on which I needed extra assistance or needed quickly. Today, the pharmacist, Anna Marie, was extremely flexible in giving me a refund for medication that had been purchased in error. She did not need to do this, I am very grateful.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have lived in many cities and tried many other pharmacies. I keep coming back to CVS. I think a lot of their success is their excellent online system for ordering and tracking prescriptions. It makes taxes a lot easier at the end of the year, but better than that, I can monitor my medications and order refills on my own. One of the newest features they have is that when you are ordering a refill, they will let you know if the manufacturer offers a coupon discount for the medication, and they tell you where and how to get it BEFORE you place your order. This has saved me a bunch of out-of pocket cash, that I still get credit for from my insurance company.

The staff at my store in El Cajon, CA is exceptional. They are all friendly, personable and happy. Even when the line gets long on the weekends, everyone behind the counter (including the pharmacist), jumps onto a register and cleans the line up in minutes. I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes and there are 5-million people living here in San Diego area. We wait in long lines for everything. But at least at CVS they get the lines cleaned up quickly.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

CVS Mount Pocono Pennsylvania came to my rescue today. I was using another pharmacy who was not getting my prescriptions filled and not willing or able to fix insurance issues. Taking more than 4 days and still no response back about the problem is unacceptable. Thank you CVS for taking care of your patients the way you should Especially to Rich the pharmacist.

Marlene

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

CVS Pharmacy-Airline Hwy. Destrehan, La. Several experiences over the past year, was always a pain to deal with but this year the pharmacy is 100% improved over the past few years and has become a pleasure to deal with. The only CVS problem remaining are the ones from the main office with text messages and doing auto refills without authorization. The store was recently remodeled and now looks like a first place drug store with friendly people and now welcoming views. Thanks to those that made these changes!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2020

2831 Maguire Road, Windermere FL 34786 - The Pharmacy refused to fill a Rx medication I take daily. No reason given. Never asked for my driver's license or anything. Just told me they could not sell me my medication. A few days ago they said the system would not take my ID because it was too early- probably by one day and I get this because it is controlled and the system will block it if it is too early. So no issue.

However, it was not too early today. The Pharmacist just refused to sell it to ME. He treated me like dirt. When I called the store, the Manager was also rude and said he is the Pharmacist and can refuse to sell medications to anyone. I called the Corporate office and they are not going to do anything either. SO - BEWARE. If you have medication that you need filled - especially something that is life or death, CVS Pharmacy may just up and decide not to fill it. You will die and all they are going to do is stick up for their Pharmacist. My impression: Discrimination. My son and I have Asperger's.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

My CVS is close by. They carry just about anything you need. Their selection of vitamins and supplements cannot be beat. The prices are competitive.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I try to get my medicine and they say it’s ready but when I drive over there it’s not. I wait on the phone for a really long time and then they won’t listen to me and give different information. When I go to the drive-through it always takes a long time! I don’t recommend this pharmacy.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

Doctor sent a 90 day supply prescription and one refill for BP to the Sun City Center, FL CVS. They would not fill it unless I called the pharmacy, after waiting on hold for 45 minutes, that was the last straw for me after several issues with this pharmacy. So, I tried to transfer all my prescriptions to a different pharmacy but the pharmacist at the place I was trying to transfer to, told me that CVS told him that I have no prescriptions available to transfer. None. Despite the fact that I have 4. So, now I’m on day two without my high blood pressure medication because now the prescription can’t be found at all. My BP is 177/119 and blood vessels are bursting in my right eye. My doctor has tried calling CVS three times and can’t get through to confirm what is going on with this. I am shocked by the level of incompetence I’ve experienced at this pharmacy.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The vitamin brands offered by CVS have been ranked high by Consumer Report and the prices are reasonable and selection excellent. It is also convenient to fill prescriptions at the same place where my vitamins are sold.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team