CVS Pharmacy

Compare Pharmacies

Research top Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Very poor service. Website and app are a joke. One of the worst I have ever used. They are confusing and policies are unclear or not even stated until too late. Vey poor service. Then they blame you for any confusion.

This location is a joke. They are so understaffed to the point that I feel bad for not only their customers but really their staff. Their staff are always friendly and try the best they can, but when the CVS is grossly incompetent for their qualified yet insufficient staff, I leave the blame on the CVS headquarters, managers, and regional managers. Get yourself together CVS and hire workers where workers are needed.

I am a pain patient and require ** patches. Over the years I have learned to plan ahead. I left CVS locally in Monroe NY and returned just this year hoping things were better. I had my monthly appointment with my pain doctor. I have also tried spinal stimulation but it was no help after the implants. My monthly meeting with my doctor went as usual. He filed a electronic request now required in NY on Dec 20th.

My patches will run out Dec 29th but you can pickup 2 days ahead of time. The 25th I asked the pharmacy the status and I was told they would be available by the tech the 27th. The 27th I was told that they were short on stock and could not complete fill unless they called the doctor and short filled and that would require another office visit co pay and RX to get the completed full order. I said that was unacceptable to have to schedule another appointment and pay a copay. I would wait until the 28th when the order and stock would be available.

Then as I was driving home I cell call that the RX stock will not be available until Friday December 30th after the date that I run out patches and they would try to expedite. No word from them as of today the 29th. Now to make matters worse after the new year A pre approval document will be required to get my RX. This document is nothing more than a stupid doc asking the doc if he tried this or that drug from a clearinghouse of pharmacists deciding what you need at Envision HQ. Stupid stupid. A doc to approve the rx that the doctor has already written. WHY. But if this gets delayed into the first of the year and the pain starts I will not be in a condition to make rational choices and serious complications will probably arise as it has in the past and I needed medical and mental help ASAP.

CVS is unresponsive in not ordering the quantity needed to fill my rx in the 10 days they had before I came to pick them up. I will suffer no loss to them. There is always another customer to wait on or backfill if we lose a customer. My insurance Admin company for Medicare Plan B (ENVISION) is horrible horrible horrible. THEY MAKE RULES ONLY TO MAKE MORE MONEY. The latest is they have ranked Pharmacy Chains and made special list that you must use or pay more copay.

CVS which is close to my home has been remove from the preferred list and is now slated as a standard store and it will cost more to take your RX there. Now I must use Rite Aid Drug and now I must cross town to get my patches filled because on one Rite Aid store is available to carry the patches. The other close stores are in a Hasidic controlled area of town where gentiles are not welcome and police are called as they have cameras on this selective area of town to know who enters. (Yes this is the USA but you have to live in a Hasidic area to know how the rules work.) And one of the listed locations does not even exist any longer. The store is a Dollar General cheap shop. I have filed complaints with CVS but no response, envision is a farce. They ignore you as they are the god controller and they have that complex there. I think they are pharmacists that did not make the grade for the real world.

I am ready to run out of meds, go crazy and do what I need to do to relieve the pain forever and get out of this mess created by major corporations and the almighty shareholder dollars. If you are a shareholder in CVS, Envision, Costco Mail order drug. I hope you are happy to see my member number reduced from your files. I never thought I would feel this way but the pain, heart the amount of drug, money I spend and the time managing pills and patches is too much after 11 surgeries. Enough is enough.

Across California, CVS Pharmacy has delivered incompetence, chronic understaffing and complete lack of care from its staff. Specifically the pharmacy department. I could write a paper on the account mistakes, errors, delays, etc that in some cases have involved life-threatening situations. The fact that CVS allows no commentary on their social media pages, and the fact they have an incredibly low rating here on Consumer Affairs says it all. I only do business there because I am forced to because my Medi-Cal provider requires me too, which is a strike against Gold Coast insurance company as well.

My employer used express scripts for years and I never had a problem. We were changed to CVS Caremark in July of 2016 and after they allowed me to run out of blood pressure medication they informed me that an injectable diabetes medication that I had used successfully for years was not covered. They persistently pushed me toward the newest drug in the family even though it was inappropriate for me. Now there is a new insulin glargine Approved and the long acting insulin that I have used for years is no longer covered. Again the recommended substitute is the new drug. I truly believe that they are receiving incentives for this inappropriate marketing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

CVS Pharmacy in Pulaski, TN I feel is partly responsible for the ** epidemic. The drug has not made it here yet, but it is available fifty miles away, I was told by a pharmacy tech. Three months ago I had back surgery and I am on mass amounts of pain meds. I was instructed by my surgeon to seek a pain management specialist. After a month wait for an appointment, I was written a prescription and dropped it off at CVS. An hour later I received a call from the pharmacist instructing me to call my pain clinic. At that point I was informed I was no longer a patient because I had filled an RX that morning from my surgeon. No discussion, nothing, with the information they were given, I was a doctor shopping drug addict. Mind you I have been sober for over four years.

So long story short, my insurance was canceled the next week, Dec 1st due to lack of hours. Have not worked in four months, disabled, broke and broken! Steve was not done yet. Guidelines state for surgeons that after 3 months the patient is good as new. I was cut back by 2/3rds. I have been heavily medicated for ten years for my back. In two weeks Steve had me cut off all pain meds with his pen and phone. If I was not a recovering alcoholic I would have found what I needed to live my life. Instead, I quit all pain meds. Got through it. Was fine until I was not. Last night I spent eight hours in the ER, never asked for pain meds, ** and steroids was all I needed to relax the muscles. They wrote pain meds anyway. Only CVS is out of the medication or do not want my business and I was the guy they were having problems with.

It seems to me pharmacies have become the DEA, doctors and controllers of my life. $345 for ER, to hopefully get my good name back and hopefully make any amends needed. I assume ** would have been much cheaper. Finally, while trying to "save lives", inadvertently pharmacists AND doctors are giving the business to the black market and costing lives, but saving their own butts from this overreaching activist idiots running the show. I guess pharmacists do not take the Hippocratic Oath!? The system is broken, worse than ever! I hope maybe one day common sense will take over, a patient will be a customer, otherwise I will lay in bed and be a non-working, welfare collecting loser...

Our CVS has recently gone to a new Pharmacist and staff. I can honestly say I put up with the old for years because they were around the corner. However the new staff is amazing. Jasmin in particular is always willing to go the extra mile. We needed her to help with getting hold of a Dr when my daughter had a reaction to her RX. Not only did she help she made sure we got what we needed and every time since has referred to me by name. She and the other staff are practicing customer service and it shows. Thank you... Our family is so appreciative. Fresno CA. Herndon and Milburn.

I went to CVS to pick RXes. I read web page. I even called. Employee (Maria) said nothing to me that they were eminently closing. Nothing was published on the website that pharmacy closed. I complained to cashier, Dagay, and eventually he said he'd tell his manager. I waited my turn in line to speak to cashier, and one woman was so rude to me, that I was wasting her time. Cashier still did not call manager. I needed those eyedrops for surgery tomorrow. Now I'll have to reschedule. Why didn't you post pharmacy hours on website? It has impact on people's lives. It messed up surgery plans which means no family visits at Christmas. Get the hours on your website now. No one should have to suffer as I did!

I have used CVS Specialty Pharmacy on multiple occasions and am not at all happy that I have not been able to receive my medication in time on at least one occasion due to how slow they are to process prescriptions. Today I had to pay out of pocket for the medication and drive 45 minutes to get to the nearest pharmacy that carried the drug. It costs me 7x more! I am also disappointed at the lack of attention to detail the customer service reps have shown, particularly the two male reps I have talked to recently. Clearly more training is needed.

Manager followed me out of the store to my car. I thought that was strange but he didn't say anything. I went back to CVS the next week same manager followed me around the store. Even stood beside me at the checkout. I guess he thought I was stealing something. I have no idea what he was doing but I didn't like it. I'm Hispanic so maybe he thought we like to steal. Whatever his problem I'm not shopping here. Neither is any of my family. The store on ford rd and Bingham. The night manager apparently doesn't like Mexican people. My family and I will never shop at CVS again.

I retired last year, having hipp I was covered and had no problem, Jan 28, 2016 my granddaughter found her mom dead and her father went over the deep end getting into drugs and then in trouble with the law. My grandchild came to live with me and I had to return to work, I made too much money according to hipp and they canceled my insurance! I thought CVs was working with me on the price of my prescriptions until my doctor changed my meds to help with cost, my medicine which were three of them cost over 100. Dollars not helping me much.

I decided to call Walmart for a price check and it was more than half less, I now pay 47. Dollars instead of 100 plus and I couldn't believe it but it was true, I transferred my scripts to Walmart without hesitation. I then thought they have gase galging they should have that with prescriptions!! It's a shame and shame on CVs for completely overcharging their customers! And I'm sure there are people in worse shape than me who are struggling to make it and it's life or death situations and they go without not knowing there are places much cheaper that give great service to those in need...thank-you to Walmart and to CVs a long long time customer says you should rethink what it's costing you!!!

Target switched to CVS pharmacies and CVS offered a rewards program. When I asked for rewards credit for prescriptions for about 8 months since CVS took over the pharmacy, CVS was not helpful. When I went to sign up at the store for rewards program months ago I found they had an iPad that did not work and staff that were overworked and not trained in signing people up. The rewards program has sufficient hurdles that make it difficult for customers to get rewards. I could swear that CVS and Target like the idea of advertising rewards but do not like the idea of being consistent to their promises. My overall rating is 1 star for the remarkable staff but 0 stars for how the company sets policies and supports its staff and customers. I switched pharmacies and left Target. Problem Solved.

I went to the CVS near me to find out why my purchase's digital ECB wasn't applied. I told the older Latino cashier that had a funny voice that I printed out my digital ECB from the box (points at the red box) and it was not applied. She started telling me that she returned my coupons because it did not go through. Yes she returned my Arm & Hammer toothpaste coupons it didn't go through. She started looking through the basket for the ECB. How can she have it in there when she threw it out the other day. Never once did she scanned my card. I tell her to look on the computer for the digital coupon. "Not on there" she said. Then I had to assume that it expired.

I was also fed up that this cashier didn't know what a Digital coupon was. So I return one laundry detergent, she opened the lid and accused me of returning used item, when they were the one selling spilled empty bottles. I realized that now because I bought a Tide detergent a few days ago that had sticky stuff all over it. If I ever go into that store again and see her in the store, I'd put my basket down and walk out.

I visited the CVS in Chanhassen, MN. I have been a customer since moving here 2 years ago. If you want rude and disrespectful service then go here!!! These have to be the rudest pharmacy employees I have ever encountered...starting with the manager! I have multiple prescriptions filled here and they were all transferred today to a different pharmacy who knows how to treat their customers!

Acknowledging your customer, that has been standing there for no less than 10 minutes, is customer service 101! When the customer, nicely says, "Excuse me" thinking maybe just maybe they really haven't seen me and the response is very rudely and short "We will be with you when we have a minute". REALLY?!?! You're a manager?? A simple, "Hi, we will be with you in just a moment", or a smile, or how about some eye contact... that would go a long way! Way to go on losing a customer and I am sure many more after I am done letting everyone know about my experience.

Went to the drug store CVS to get diabetes needles. They told me I had to pay for them and then I told them I have insurance and they charged me anyways. So I went home and called my insurance and they said "take the receipt back and get a refund." They CVS said "did you go through the drive through when you purchased them?" And I did. So they said "because you went through the drive through we can't refund your money." My phone number is **.

I went to CVS and purchased ** nasal spray. They charged me $68.00 50mcg 120 metered sprays on a generic drug and asked me for a $45. co-pay. The name brand from ** same strength and same size is available for $20 everywhere. CVS put every little pharmacy in the neighborhoods out of business, now they are out there to rob people. They said once you walk out of the pharmacy you cannot return it. Unfortunately they are so busy they do not even listen to you. They have no time to inform a customer. I would prefer to go to a small local pharmacist from now on.

My husband threw his back out and wasn't able to drop off his prescription at his regular pharmacy (CVS-Riverside). I decided to drop it off at the drive through. Mike took the script then asked me for my ID. Of course I asked why since I was just dropping off a prescription, he said he needed it. Whatever, I gave it to him. 15 minutes later, I have no idea what he's doing so I ask what is going on? He said, "I have to make sure we have it."

5 minutes later he hands me a clipboard and wants me to write down my address. "What? I'm just dropping off a prescription?" He gave me my ID back and tried to give me the prescription back... I said, "absolutely not! Let me speak to a manager." Meanwhile, there's now a line of cars behind me. The pharmacist came over, apologized, then wanted to confirm my husband's address. She rattles off the address on my drivers license. Nope, turns out Mike changed my husband's address on the computer to my old address that was on my drivers license. So, an hour later I come in to pick up the prescription and they tell me "I'm sorry, the pharmacist is out to lunch and won't be back for 35 minutes. We can't give you the prescription until she gets back." I can't tell you how backwards this CVS is. Awful!

I have had CVS filling my Rx for the last 2 years without a problem. The people were all informative and helpful. I know sometimes management changes, and the customer service can get better, stay the same, or get worst. It has really taken a nose dive. The people are unresponsive to your needs, and quick to transfer you to another person that cares less than the previous person. I logged 62 minutes on the phone to get my Rx filled. What happened CVS?

CVS pharmacy in Clinton Mass sent a customer home with the wrong medication and had to have the Clinton Police go to customers house and bring it back to CVS. This should be on the news to warn people of CVS is still making mistakes that could cost someone their life by taking the wrong medication!! Please warn the public!! Clinton Police also should have a record of the call!!

I was on fertility medications. My employer benefits require me use this company. EVERY TIME I would order I would have multiple individuals call to "schedule my order", ask same questions, tell me the next person to call would be for payment and still receive additional phone calls prior the person who would be mailing meds even after repeated assurances there would not be multiple calls. No one checked computer notes before calling and the left hand wasn't talking to the right.

One med, one time, was on back order and I was given something else then mid-cycle the other med came available and it took 3 phone calls for me to receive the same medication so I wasn't starting in one I'd never tried before -- fertility meds aren't cheap, the one I needed was over $300 (my portion) and I surely didn't want to have a reaction. Then, the final straw, I was quoted a med cost and authorized a med cost of $254 for a now overnight need. When they called to debit I was told $500!!! Apparently, the med I was taking use to be state determined for cost and now it was a flat rate.

After speaking with a manager, or who I was told was a manager, they told me they would make an adjustment to my account. NOW I am getting billing reports saying I'm past due. Each time I call, I have to get transferred because billing can't fix pricing and pharmacy is separate (again left hand and right hand can't communicate) and that's when I'm told the guy I spoke to who said there would be an adjustment was not a manager, only assistant and a manager would take care of it. I'm also told there is a note where a lesser credit was being offered based on a discount price or something yet, I'm told the bill would be adjusted and yet, here I am typing because I got a 2nd bill in the mail saying I'm past due on something they repetitively tell me an adjustment will be made for.

Now, I have to call again. This company is ridiculous. DON'T USE them. I have since been paying cash for my meds through a local pharmacy because I refuse to deal with them any more. I am filing a complaint with BBB this time and when I call tomorrow, I won't be getting off the phone until I speak to the man who told me he didn't adjust the bill from the beginning and his supervisor. I may even be recording the conversation this time. This company is ridiculous. I couldn't speak anything at all good for them. I just want this bill adjusted so we can all move forward. I believe the company is corrupt and definitely doesn't care for the people they are suppose to serve.

On 11/17/2016, my regular pharmacy safeway transfer my son's prescription to CVS at as 3420 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506 as Safeway didn't have the medication.My son was very sick with a rare infection. It is pediatric antibiotics: **. CVS partially filled the antibiotics only for 100 ml and promised to deliver the rest on 11/18/2016 at 3pm.

On 11/18/2016, I didn't get a call. I called on 11/19/2016 to the same pharmacy location. They said they didn't receive on Friday and they don't have delivery of medication in the weekend. So I have to wait till Monday. It is also not guaranteed that it will come on Monday, 11/ 21/2016. They said sorry and couldn't help anyway. In that case there will be 2 days gap of no medication which is advisable administering antibiotics. All the pharmacists are well aware of the facts. I called few pharmacy by my own and failed to get any positive response. I called the CVS at 3420 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506 again and asked if they can call and find out if any other CVS close to the place carry the same. They denied and hang up the phone when I was still talking.

From this type of behavior, I concluded the pharmacists CVS is hiring are not educated enough to understand the importance of medication and its life threatening to delay. You should take this matter seriously. Please note that, I went to order an antibiotics, not a lipstick. If something happen to my son then CVS will be responsible for that. Action should be taken for negligence, irresponsibility and bad customer care against all the pharmacists for not calling me back when the order was not received on time, not making another arrangements after breaking the promise to deliver the medication by 18th November at 3pm and declining to take responsibility for not delivering the medications on time.

Gave CVS three prescriptions to fill on 11/7, one whose refill approval was expiring 11/9. On 11/14, a week later, the "pharmacists" got to my orders and told me that the prescription had expired. As of today, 11/19, neither of the other two prescriptions have been filled. The sad thing is, the other local pharmacies are Walgreen's, which I see has 1 star, and RiteAid, another 1 star. This is what happens when Republicans claim they're for small business but really are happiest with massive mergers that kill competition but provide them a fat-cat dollar funnel. Way to go, conservatives.

Oakhurst/Monroe Road They never have all prescriptions ready. In a few months, six prescriptions submitted at the same time will require six separate trips to CVS. There is frequently confusion regarding which meds I take. Frequently, the bag is stuffed with medicines that have been canceled or even duplicate meds. One pharmacist became defensive when I pointed out to him that my meds are frequently "on order" and that it was inconvenient for me to make several trips a month to pick up prescriptions that were initially submitted simultaneously. Another pharmacist told me that I was a "needy person" when I asked her a couple of questions about a drug. Check your bag before you leave the counter because they will NOT refund mistakenly filled prescriptions.

After being hospitalized I was written a prescription for pain medication. I am not usually on this type of medication but was in severe pain from a fall. After filling the script and returning home I divided the medication in my pill organizer and realized I was shorted 14 pills. I only had 42 pills instead of 56. I called the pharmacy and told the man that picked up my situation. He said it may have been a partial but checked the computer and said it was not noted in the computer. He said I needed to talk with the pharmacist and put me on hold for 45 minutes.

I got fed up and drove there and spoke with the pharmacist Amy ** who had filled my prescription. We had actually met her before she filled the prescription when I had just gotten out of the hospital. She said they wouldn't have any until Monday when they got their next order (it was Wednesday) and could copy my script to keep on file. We declined. Surprisingly enough she was magically able to fill my prescription on Saturday. When I explained my situation about the shorted pills she became very defensive saying there was no way that was possible. I asked her to kindly check for me. She did and then told me exactly what the process was and showed me on paper exactly how many she had left in the store and said that it was the right number. She basically brushed me off.

I live with my mother and no one else has access to this medication. I could honestly care less about only having the pills I was given, but it's the principle that someone who you put your trust in and your health in can lie and cheat you. I read so many comments about counting out your pills right there but that seems ridiculous to me. I've never seen such a thing. I've always trusted my pharmacist but you better believe I'm never going back there. If they could lie about the number of pills then they could be lying about what kind of pills they are and that's pretty scary if you ask me. So be aware and be careful at CVS or any pharmacy. Look up the pills online to make sure they are what they say they are and count out the pills before you leave.

I am a snowbird, and just arrived in FLORIDA. Last week I put in a prescription online for my allergy med CVS brand **, the pharmacy called and said they would have to my doctor cause I have no more refills left. The next day it showed on their website that they got the Rx but no phone call. The next day I called CVS who told me they were out of stock and would text me when it came in. This is the same BS I put up with last year and multiple calls to CustomerCare with smoke blown up my pants and nothing done. And now 6 months later we are back and starting all over again with the same crap. The pharmacist does not seem to care. And the staff cares less. I have gone so far as sending all my letters between CVS and me to action news and now I am looking for the attorney handling the other CVS lawsuit.

The store mgr at this site is very rude to customers and his employees. I have witnessed him hollering at his employees in front of customers and employees in front of co-workers. The man is bipolar and needs some help. Very unpleasant human being.

CVS repeatedly refused to refill medication and repeatedly failed to follow my doctor's instructions for a particular medication because they input the quantity per day incorrectly. They would say it was too soon to fill medication. This resulted in receiving less medication than covered by insurance and prescribed by doctor. Happened several times. I contacted my State's Board of Pharmacy and filed a complaint about CVS online. The State of Ohio's Board of Pharmacy website is: http://pharmacy.ohio.gov/Default.aspx.

I and my family use to shop in store #5864 in Titusville, Florida and there is a ** lady that works in the cash register with her hair bright red and I think if they keep her in the front they will lose a lot of customers fast. I'm 50 years old and she ask me for id to buy over the counter cold med. She gave my wife a hard time about coupons and she don't even know the policy at the store. She gave my daughter a hard time too and because of that lady in red hair I will no longer buy at that store. I prefer to go to Publix.

CVS Pharmacy 2992 cranberry hwy East Wareham 02538 - My 2 month old has been diagnosed with GERD, not just reflux. To keep the poor little guy comfortable we are trying ** (1.5 ml twice daily). This is a very small amount. I filled my 1st prescription without any issues. When I went for a refill it was 1 day too early to go through insurance. Not the pharmacy's issue, I get that...

The problem came when they were rude about it. Now trying to give a little baby medicine is quite challenging so as you can imagine I lose some in the process as well as trying to draw up liquid from a bottle. I will also add that a couple weeks into starting this medication we had to increase the dose. SO somewhere along the way we lost some of this medication and are 1 day too early to fill. ** the pharmacist made me pay cash for the 1 day I needed 3 ml at $8.20, then when I filled it for the next day (today) I will have to pay the copay of $10.00 and they are taking out the 3 mls I already paid for!

So I am paying twice for this prescription. Now what they could have either given me 1 day worth to get through or waived one of the payments instead they were incredibly rude as if I were asking for a narcotic prescription early! ** aka ** is available over the counter but unfortunately not in liquid form which I need. When I called in today to see when this prescription would be ready the girl who answered laughed at me when I said I wanted it filled for the full amount since they made me pay cash for some yesterday. I have a 2 month old in pain and this staff is so rude and inconsiderate. I will add they were trying to turn me away yesterday without any medication while my son was crying in the store (look at your cameras!) I had to push for the 1 day worth of medication! So I wonder is this company policy to treat a mother of a infant in pain like a criminal? Or is this a case of your staff having a bad day and taking it out on your customers?

This cashier refused to say one word at me and had just glared at me. When she rang up the item it was way too much and I told her the real price but she still just stared and slammed the scanner on the counter. I came back to tell her that I double checked and she yelled "WHATEVER!!!" Then scanned it again while just staring straight at me with a horrible look on her face and was waiting for me to just be done. So extremely rude and disrespectful then she threw the receipt at me! I hope she gets fired if she acts like this to everyone. Couldn't believe that would ever happen! I told her "have a nice night" and she was not having it.

CVS Pharmacy Company Profile