CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.6/5 (777 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I made an appointment for a Covid 19 booster and arrived on time. I had my original vaccination card from the State of California, but the pharmacy tech I needed to prove that I had gotten prior boosters. Since I got the two boosters at CVS, they should have been able to verify that if necessary. Instead the pharmacy tech told me I wasn't eligible for the booster. Ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I realized that my 3rd attempting to go back workplace in China was failed at evening time on 09-12-2022 in Detroit Metro Airport. Two nucleic acid tests are required for traveler to China. My 1st nasal sample was collected on 09-10-2022 at 10AM at the CVS (7470 Manchester Rd, Maplewood, MO 63143). Couldn’t get back result in 2 days, I started to inquire the result after 10AM on 09-12-2022 till about 6PM during which I made 2 calls to Maplewood CVS and almost 20 calls to 866-389-2727 (MinuteClinic).

The CVS pharmacist told me that they only take care of sample collection and refused to connect me to the person who oversees sample collection upon my request. He said MinuteClinic is the only right place to contact for results. While the answers from MinuteClinic were simply WAIT. Since it was already evening time by then I was totally disappointed and grabbed the last ticket available to home in St. Louis. Given the problem in my case is the sample delivery errors. I request compensation for my financial loss. But the customer service representative was not willing to help at all. I'm very sad for him and will not use this service again!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

I am always having a problem getting my son's prescription refilled. They have even shorted him on pills. Recently a refill for AD medication was sent from CHOP to CVS for my son. I am always told by his doc to put the refill in 2-3 days before he runs out. Which I have done and there still seems to always be a problem with CVS In Drexel Hill getting this prescription filled on time. This particular incident started with me calling in the prescription on 11/12 via his doc who in turn sends it over to the CVS. I can always see online when this gets done via access to my CHOP. It usually takes 48 hours so when I called on 11/14 I was baffled when told “there is nothing on file”. I confirmed with the doc office that it had been sent.

When my husband contacted CVS that evening the system informed him it was being worked in and would be ready the next day. The next evening after not receiving any text alerts my went to the CVS and stood in line for 30 minutes only to be told “we can not fill this. It is back ordered and we will not know when we will get it therefore you will have to contact your doctor to get it filled elsewhere.” My son is totally out of medication at this point. I understand that there is some sort of shortage but to not communicate to a customer who has a continual prescriptions with your location is terrible customer service. Me and my husband are signed up to receive text alerts which receive concerning other medications so why not this one? Especially if you are out if it!!! That was the least they could do. We could have gotten the prescription taken care of elsewhere instead having the system telling us it was being worked on.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

I went to the CVS Pharmacy in Union NJ on the corner of Commerce and Morris ave. The customer service is Horrible. First off, it took 3 days for them to fill my daughter's prescription. After going into the pharmacy and speaking with an associate she told me they would get around to it either later on that night or early the next day. I called early in the morning the next day. The representative told me it would be ready in an hour. A few hours later I go to pick it up and they don't have my insurance information in the system. Then the person taking the insurance is asking me a million questions as if I've never been to that CVS before. After her questioning me for 20 minutes she then tells me I have to come back because they're going to lunch. I asked to speak to a manager and the manager was very nasty and told me I had to come back in a 1/2 an hour when their lunch was over. Every time I come to this pharmacy there was an issue.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

If you try to call CVS Pharmacy often you will be put on hold for 10 minutes or longer till you give up. When visiting the store, it is obvious with phones ringing, people waiting at the drive in and packed people at the counter that Corporate only cares about squeezing every nickel from their customers and workers. The store I use most often in Clayton Ga. is shabby with crowded shelves and a virus friendly pharmacy counter where people are forced too close for safety. The parking lot hasn't seen painted lines in years so everybody parks haphazardly. Honestly if I wasn't forced by Aetna to use CVS I would never darken their doors ever again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

They said to wait for fulfilling, after 30 min, said they no have it, and sent you to another CVS, 10 miles away, where they said you to wait for the drug, after 30 min, they said your prescription was canceled for some reason, but they will make it right now. My mission for pick up prescription drug from CVS pharmacy was a torture, never again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Caremark generally is the reason people are forced to use CVS and CVS Specialty Pharmacy. In my experience, they deny lifesaving drugs to give themselves a profit and would let you simply decline unless very good physicians waste time for weeks trying to get your lifesaving drugs through. If you have a choice of Specialty Pharmacy or Insurance stay away from CVS/CVS SPECIALTY AND CAREMARK and save your life.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I have been filling my ** prescription for 2+ years using the GoodRx member discount card today 10/18/2022. I was told by the pharmacist that it was against state law to continue filling a narcotic with a discount card which was a complete lie. When I called him on his lie he changed his excuse to well CVS doesn't feel comfortable filling ** with a discount card. In short if they can't bill your insurance for all they can they won't continue to fill your scripts. The name of the pharmacist who likes to lie to you is Mr. Allen K. When I called their corporate number I was informed that the individual pharmacy makes their own policies and i was welcome to try a different cvs location. I will not try a different location. I will never use cvs pharmacies again and strongly recommend that you do not either. Their pharmacist lie outright and when caught don't even have the decency to look embarrassed.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Tried to schedule a covid booster/flu vaccine online and got bounced around to the point I finally gave up trying to get anywhere. Called CVS - thought l was getting local pharmacy - instead it was offshore call center with a bunch of "press number" options, none of which worked. After 10 minutes on hold for an agent I finally gave up. You cannot call your local pharmacy and get a live person, it always goes to a call center somewhere in Asia, where agents do not speak understandable English. CVS CORPORATE 'HELP' is NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

Some staff are quite rude at the register, especially, for asking them to cough in their elbow, not hands, to let me bag my own things, for asking they disinfect their hands after rubbing their eyes or a body piercing. Scarlet has been rude to me several times, and once began screaming and pointing at me. I've had Meghan ** tell me that if I didn't like something, I did not have to shop there.

Today I mentioned to the check out girl that if she has a runny nose, and sniffles, she should be wearing a mask. Meghan, shift supervisor, immediately stepped in and wanted to handle the transaction. I do not want to check out with her, and told her so. She got furious and called the police and had me restrained from the premises. I am a valued customer and have spent a lot of money at this store since I moved to Amherst. I did a lot of my grocery shopping there as I am a senior on disability without a car. I would never go back to this store as long as shift supervisor, Meghan **, is there, nor to any other CVS, without an apology. If this does not happen, I will advise my friends to avoid CVS also. KC. Date of experience: October 10, 2022.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information