1.32/5
Based on 175 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1756 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

The pharmacy techs are very hateful and snappy. I've had my feelings hurt and I left crying twice last month. I've been getting someone else to pick up my meds. I couldn't even get the makeup and lotions, soaps, air fresher, Canned nuts. I could keep going but, now I'm just still a little upset no one speaks to me that way ever. I don't know if I can shop the retail and I NEED TO SO BADLY!!! Please help me and show me you care about me as a 23 yrs I've been going to MY CVS. Well maybe 20 yrs. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I picked up my prescription and noticed when I got home it was only 2/3 what the doctor wrote. I called. After a while on hold, they said they hadn’t had enough. When I asked when the rest would be available, they wouldn’t answer. There was no note on the prescription that it was a partial fill. I’ll now have to make another trip and hope that insurance won’t give a problem about it.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Bought generic ** tablets. 100 quantity. Needed them urgently for allergies at night. Used may be 15 of them. It's really weak and bad. Doesn't work as it is supposed to. Bottle says it's from rising but manufactured by Unique pharmaceutical labs. Don't buy this. It's just a waste of money. CVS should have better quality check. What a shame. All I am is out of money... $32+ and tax. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We went to my son's make a wish on Cape Cod a mo. ago. He needed a refill on a seizure med that is a controlled substance. I had to get it filled while on Cape Cod. I immediately went and changed pharmacy back to CVS locally after it was switched to Cape for this one script. It went thru, back to Holden, MA. I went to refill it this past weekend. I had to change pharmacy online again, even though I'd already changed it. I put thru refill in Holden online. It went thru. I checked in morning before going to pick up. I noticed it had somehow not gone thru so I resubmitted after changing location of pharmacy for a 3rd time!! I called pharmacy and they told me it had been filled on Cape Cod and there was nothing they could do.

I had to call the doctor and get a new script because it was controlled. It was Saturday. After paging doc, speaking with her twice, confirming it would be submitted in Holden, I called to check. They did not have the script. She called and didn't fax. Pharmacist (only one at this branch that is decent-Jamie), had to page doc. Finally, pharmacist called to tell me she could put it thru but didn't have enough pills for a full refill. Website needs flags for certain scripts, flags for certain diagnoses, flags for families with more than one special needs kids. THEY ARE NOT DOING WELL.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

At one point in time I went to CVS, the customer service was horrible. Transferred to Meijer, Customer service was wonderful, never had an issue. Recently my employer went into an agreement with CVS, So to keep co pays down "I MUST" use them, Have had NOTHING but TROUBLE. First month, didn't have medication in stock. Spoke with the pharmacist and explained that I take this routinely, they agreed to keep in stock, Month 2 went well. Month 3 needed prior authorization, finally got that taken care of. Next month out of stock, call different CVS 15 minutes from my house, not enough to fill.

Called another CVS 45 minutes from my house. Nope can’t help you. My CVS can’t even order my medication for 10 days then another 7 to get it there. What a joke, they don't care about their patients. Can’t keep their word or commitment, No offer to transfer meds, or recoup my gas, nothing. All I get is very Uncaring, unfriendly, and totally unsuccessful customer service. I hate going there... Will corporate call me back to take the complaint... NOPE sure won't.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

6 months ago I obtained prescriptions from a CVS Pharmacy. I was so dissatisfied with the service that I switched to another pharmacy (Kroger) which is fantastic. Recently I was notified by the CVS Pharmacy that I had 2 prescriptions ready to be picked up. I no longer take those meds, and never requested that they be refilled. Additionally, I did not and never would request anything like auto refill. Is that illegal, or just gross negligence? No wonder CVS has such a poor consumer rating.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

When CVS asked that I come back after an hour, when I would drop off a prescription at their drive-thru, I did not complain. If I went inside the store? The same day? The wait was usually 8 minutes at the most. Then, CVS started telling me they needed at least 48 hours notice prior to prescriptions. These are prescriptions I would call in for refills. CVS would have my refill information already because they had already filled the prescription the previous month. I did not complain again. I did notice, if I walked in, and handed them my prescription bottle for a refill? Again, my prescription was filled within 8 minutes. Weird, huh?

Next, having allergies to a multitude of chemicals especially binders, fillers, and pharmaceuticals, CVS has always been accommodating in ordering the generic form of a prescription if they did not have what I needed in stock. They never questioned it. They either already had another generic in stock? Or they would order the generic I needed and I would usually wait two days.

In the last 2 months? CVS decided to only carry one generic of any prescription I needed filled. Lucky me, the one generic I would be reacting to and so I requested they provide another generic as I had done before. I asked for the generic I was able to take. I was told over and over again, they could no longer do this. Not only was this no longer allowed, even for the purpose of a customer having an allergy to a certain generic, but all of the pharmacy employees claimed they never knew what brands they would receive until the brand came in.

So I called their customer service line. I was transferred to a so-called Regional Pharmacy director each time. Again, the repeat of stores not knowing what they are going to receive until they receive their pharmaceuticals to fill prescriptions! And no, this person even claimed CVS at never special-ordered generics so therefore will not change that policy. (?)

Now, I am starting to complain. I did some research, asked around, discovered if my prescribing doctor would put his signature on the prescription line indicating "dispense as written," instead of the other line they sign 99% of the time, which says something like, "substitutions are allowed," I would skip the whole generic fiasco and get the brand of my prescriptions! Happy day! My physicians were more than happy to do this. Fortunately, my insurance will cover brand name pharmaceuticals as well as the generic of the same pharmaceuticals or prescriptions.

The first time I gave this prescription, with my doctor's signature in the, "as written" line was the first time staff at any CVS location started to be rude with me. But I waited my 48 hours and the prescription was indeed filled with the brand and not any generic. Again, happy happy day! But... My physician wrote the second prescription for the same medication, signing again on the "as written" line... surprise! That generic I'm allergic to was in my prescription bottle. I had the pharmacist opened it because they have a policy which I understand that if a customer touches a bottle and then disputes the medicine inside the pharmacy is unable to change the prescription inside the bottle.

Now the pharmacy department at CVS is getting very angry. Instead of verifying that they had filled a requested brand name prescription with a generic of that prescription? I was told I had to receive a prescription for that pharmaceutical with whatever they had gotten in. How many times have I heard that line? I'm continually told CVS has no control over what each store receives. Not wanting to give in, and knowing there must be a way to handle this, I went to another pharmacy and found out more about how prescriptions are written. In order to receive the brand of a prescription? And not a generic of a prescription? Physicians are to sign the "as written line," AND write the actual name of the brand of the prescription in the center of the prescription, where they write the dosage and the chemical name of your prescription. Yay! Now I know what to do!

I return to my favorite CVS location and happily and over my correctly written prescription. Happiness again, I receive exactly what the doctor ordered! I have the brand of my prescription in hand period again after a two-day wait. I did notice the pharmacy staff had changed their attitude towards me and were becoming surly. What on Earth did I do? The second time I brought this same prescription in again, written again with the brand name in the center and the doctor signing on the "as written" line... I wait my 48 hours, have the person at the pharmacy window open the bottle so I can see what is inside (I have learned to be careful and do everything right), surprise! Inside the bottle is the generic again!

Okay, at this point I could write another long essay about this particular generic and CVS is relationship with this company. I definitely believe the reason this generic has taken over this medication's market at CVS is because CVS is getting a great deal on this medicine. I mention this, because I believe this is why CVS is having trouble filling all prescriptions! CVS has step back from helping the customer and stepped forward pharmaceutical companies who can give them the best price. It does not matter that the company has been in trouble multiple times by the FDA, and the FDA has even shut the company down from doing business with American companies. Now at CVS? The customer is no longer their concern. Their concern is the bottom line only! (Another phone call to the regional pharmaceutical director confirmed all of this.)

Back to my prescription, CVS claimed my doctor never wrote in the brand name on that prescription. I saw it. The brand name was there and he also signed off on the correct line! So now CVS has decided to lie? I am now feeling that prescription at another pharmacy, one that is not a chain pharmacy. It fills my prescription in 5 minutes and they have taken note of my allergies and the generics I cannot take. They have never had an issue with me. I am thrilled to be one of their new customers!

Foolishly, I had a refill coming up with another prescription last week. This is a common, very common, prescription. I have no issues with any generic forms of this prescription. I called in the refill information to their robo phone service. I received a weird text from CVS concerning this prescription. I was told there was a special delay. I assumed the usual 48 hours. I called and was told yes, I needed to give the pharmacy 48 hours. After 48 hours, I had not received another text stating the prescription was ready. So I called. I was told that same line again! They do not know what prescriptions they receive until they are delivered to their location! Apparently, this extremely common medicine was not being delivered to the store even though they definitely had me waiting and probably others as well! Now I am truly starting to get angry!

After 5 days of waiting, I finally received the text. My prescription was ready. At this point? My husband was angry and ready to get involved. So he went to CVS to pick up my prescription. I wished him luck, right. When he returned, he said they kept repeating the same line to him over and over. Something about them not knowing what medicines they would receive to dispense until their deliveries arrive. Wow, if I had a quarter for every time I heard that line from CVS! The truth is, CVS is purchasing their medicines for their pharmacies according to which medicine is available at the best price. If it is not available at a good price? They simply do not order it. Mark my words, if this is not happened to you yet? It probably will. And if you too need to get the brand of your medicine and not the generic? CVS will fight you with all they have to keep you from getting that brand!

Being over-the-top angry now, I avoid CVS at all costs. They were my favorite store, hands down. They had a pharmacy with a staff willing to help me all they could. Now, the head honchos at the corporate office is stifling these employees. They are not the same people anymore. They're definitely being stressed out! I will probably call their corporate office again. I do not believe anything is going to happen to bring about change to any company unless we as consumers speak out. If anyone is interested? You can find their customer relations phone number at their main website. Calling your local CVS is useless. When you do call customer relations? Ask to speak to a regional director or someone higher than the minimum wage person that has been hired to filled your complaints.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had been having terrible side effects on a birth control I had taken for years. When CVS was Target Pharmacy, I was fine. About a year - 2 years ago it changed, when I started having side effects. I finally talked to my doctor who saw they had changed my prescription 6 times within the last two years. They put a sticker on saying “it's the same medication, just not the same brand”. This is a lie. In fact, they changed my prescription to a completely different medication from a monophasic to a biphasic birth control that my doctor doesn't even prescribe due to side effects! When she places an order in to recify the situation and has it written to not change it from the name brand... I notice that they gave me the generic! So please if any of you have adverse side effects that you never used to have on your medication... Check and see if they were playing doctor and completely changed your medication!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

CVS activity promotes and advertises that "they care about customer's health" They have stopped selling cigarettes and have opened "health clinics" in their stores. They own CVS Caremark prescription drug plans, which I am a member (pay into). CVS Caremark does not cover **. The cost is $450 dollars even with ** coupons. Please tell me why this drug is not covered? Why does the CVS pharmacist recommend alternatives like nicotine patches and gum? Why has the cost of this drug risen over 75% in one year? I am disgusted with CVS.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am a senior citizen who lives in Manhattan Beach, CA. Because of limited mobility, I used a CVS pharmacy near my house. I had an extremely bad experience six months ago: I dropped off a prescription for three medications. After a 20-minute wait, my name was called and I stood in a "Pick up" line to pay. By the time I got to the front of the line, I discovered I only got 2 kinds of med. I inquired about the 3rd one. The clerk did not know why and said: "If you want to know, you have to stand in another line, for a reply, from another person. I did.

After another ten-minute wait in the SECOND line, I was told that my insurance company did not approve payment for the 3rd med and that they (CVS) had texted me to explain the situation- as they always did, she insisted. I slammed my smartphone down on the counter and asked her to go through all the texts that I received within the last 45 minutes. No text!!! I then agreed to pay full price, from my own pocket. At that point, CVS agreed to dispense the 3rd med except that now, it will be another ten to twenty minutes wait, a THIRD time, in another line just to pick up the missing med. I walked out and called the CEO of CVS to file a complaint. One of his henchmen explained to me "that's how our system works." I explained to her that CVS' system stinks and needs to be improved. I never heard from CVS again.

Fast forward: Earlier today, I was grocery shopping at a Target on Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, only about 3/4 of a mile of the CVS store mentioned above. There is another CVS pharmacy inside this Target. Against my good judgment, I stood in line to buy some **. After 20 min wait, I was in front of the line, just to be told that I stood in the wrong line (CONSULTATION) to buy **. This medication does not require a doctor's prescription, therefore the CONSULTATION or the DROP OFF line do not apply. I had to stand in the PICKUP line to buy **. HOW WOULD A CUSTOMER KNOW THIS UNWRITTEN AND RATHER QUAINT POLICY OF CVS CORPORATION??? It is very obvious to me now that CVS does not care to correct its customer service problems. I am no longer a customer of CVS.

Original review: July 31, 2018

What I don't understand is CVS got all the Fagen pharmacies locks, stock and barrel and the treatment you get is attitude. Half the time you have wait two and three days for your meds. Your doctor fax your scripts. They tell you it's a two hour wait. You get there and it's not even ready. They should have left like it was!!! The young man that answer the phone got smart with me. I told him when I got there. He needs to learn how respect older people. He claim it was not him. I told him I know his voice. The girl that was with thought it was funny. They need to be check.

Original review: July 30, 2018

If I could give the CVS in both locations in Portsmouth VA a zero I would. I have had nothing but trouble with CVS since my husband started working for a company that requires us to use them as our prescription company. Most of the time I can’t even get my medicine at either pharmacy that’s closest to us. I’ve got to drive over 50 miles to a CVS that carries a certain medicine I take because the CVS just two minutes from me won’t order it!!

Today both locations in Portsmouth had me running between the two of them because each said the other could fill my prescription but when I got there surprise they gave me the wrong information. I sincerely hate the customer service as well. I am told one thing on the phone and another thing when I get there. They are so rude in the both pharmaceutical stores. I’m calling my insurance company after this review to corporate and I’m also going to find out if I can switch to another pharmacy which I think I can but I’m required to pay more!! It’s worth it. If we are paying for insurance we shouldn’t be treated like dirt beneath their shoes!! CVS doesn’t care about anything or anyone!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Those poor CVS workers... the CVS coupon policies are incredibly difficult for anyone to understand. Either the cash register computers don’t work or ads are misprinted. There is always a long line because the cashiers have to leave their registers to show customers where items are. I would never work at this place due to corporate not caring about efficiency or their employees.

Original review: July 23, 2018

The experience that I had today with CVS pharmacy has really blown my mind. I dropped my prescription off roughly around 10 AM this morning and around 2:30 pm I went to pick them up in the drive-thru line. When I got home I noticed that one of my prescriptions which was in liquid form didn’t have the ingredients that’s within it listed, didn’t tell me whether it had to refrigerated or left out, nor did it come with a measuring cup or syringe. Didn’t think it was a issue so I decided to call back and speak with someone, the first call I made to them I was hung up on. I assume that it was just a phone issue so I called back and spoke with the young lady who actually filled my prescription and I explained to her what was going on.

She placed me on hold for 1 to 2 minutes and another person answered the phone and stated CVS pharmacy as I was trying to tell her I was on hold. Guess what happened... the call was hung up again. So at this point I’m a little upset so I decide to drive back to the pharmacy. I was greeted at the pharmacy counter by lady who was very friendly. Without being rude I explain to her what happened to my prescriptions and me calling in and being hung up on twice. She was very sympathetic and understood why I would be upset and she tried to help however she did not know the answers to my question so she asked a guy who was standing beside her.

She informed him slightly of what's going on. His expression on his face looked as if it was a big inconvenience for her to ask him the questions. There was no friendly attitude. There was no greeting. There was no apology on his behalf. There with bare minimum effort of him trying to help. He simply looked at me asked what I need. I told him I didn’t know if the medicine need to be refrigerated or not...he simply said no. That it doesn’t need to be refrigerated. I’ve then asked him about the measuring cup or syringe that didn’t come with it and how was I to measuring the correct amount that I need it. His words to me was, "It doesn’t come with it."

He looks back at the young lady that was trying to be helpful and tells her go get me a syringe. Now anytime that I’ve ever received medication in a liquid form I’ve always received a measuring cup or a syringe. I could be wrong and maybe CVS pharmacy has a new guidelines to where they do not give those out anymore. The young lady comes back with a measuring cup and she again for the second time apologize for the mistakes that her coworkers made and I thanked her for that and left the store. When I got home and pulled out the measuring cup I realize that the measuring cup did not have the measurements that I need it.

So I called back and ask for someone who was over the pharmacy department and I was transferred to a different department to where I had to ask for her again. Once she got on the phone I explained to her everything that happened she was very apologetic about everything I explain to her that that measuring cup that I did receive did not have the measurement that I needed. She asked what was on it and I told her. She proceeds to say, "Well you could drive across town to the store she’s at and she can give me a measuring cup or you can just at the 10 mL line. Just pour about half of what you need." At that point I was a little shocked that I was even given an option to eyeball the correct amount of medicine that I need it. I just calmly agreed with her just so that I didn’t come off rude and so that I could end the call nicely. Once the call ended I called corporate office.

Original review: July 23, 2018

There has been more than one time that I was given the wrong medication. When I went back the pharmacist 3145 W. 3500 S. at 11:15 pm started screaming at me, laughing at me. He said he could not take the medicine back though it was given to me two hours prior. I can understand that but they’ve done that in the past when they messed up and gave me the wrong medicine. This pharmacist does not know what he’s doing, he’s rude and obnoxious. And the staff there are just as horrible, given me wrong advice, treating me like I’m an idiot I don’t know anything, talking down to me. It is by far the worst pharmacy I’ve ever been to and I will never go back there. Make sure you check your medicine really well before you buy it and leave the pharmacy. In fact get another pharmacy. They’re idiots. Do not trust them.

Original review: July 22, 2018

In the past 3 days I've been in 2 CVS stores in the city. 1) I needed 8 hr **. It was locked up and as I didn't have time to go find the manager and get it unlocked, I bought the CVS brand (which is why they lock up the most popular brands, to force you to get their brand). 2) I needed ** cough & chest congestion adult syrup. Again, it's locked up because it is a popular brand. I asked the pharmacist to call for an employee to come with the key. He called. I waited.

After 5 minutes, I asked him again and he had to go to the front of the store and find the appropriate employee, who said he would be there in a minute. I asked "Why are these locked up?" He said, "Because they steal them." I said "No, it's because they're forcing customers to buy the CVS "equivalent" but I want the **." If I had any choice I would never set foot in CVS again. Regrettably, they grabbed all the locations near me. I believe this is an evil corporation. They force their brands on everyone. I wonder if the staff is unionized?

Original review: July 21, 2018

I went to the CVS on Rock Barn Rd in Conover NC on 7/13/18 after leaving my dr office. I carried with me my prescriptions to have filled. 2 of which were pain medications. I have SLE lupus, arthritis, DDD, fibro and many other issues to the point I was just approved for disability by the government. L. ** called me to the counter and told me she would fill them this month but would not fill them again. It is below the NC limits for narcotics and it is her job. Who is she to refuse to do her job? I know there is paperwork now from the state she has to fill out but again it is her job to do so.

Who is she to question my pain level and what the dr has decided I need? I am the one in pain and with a family to care for. How dare she. She did this in front of the staff and all the other customers there in the store and made me look like a drug addict. Some days I am good and could walk all over town but most days I am on a cane and barely get around and without my meds I don't. How do I handle this? What is my recourse at this point?

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have moved all my prescriptions from Fry's to CVS, simply because CVS has a drive thru. I have had nothing but grief and trouble ever since. Now, today, they do not have my prescription and will not have it before tomorrow after 2 p.m. that is 20 hours and I have ran out. This is the 3rd time this has happened. I would love to get it to them early but it is controlled and I must have it refilled at the same time each month. I am just about done with these clowns. The store number is 7836 at McKellips Rd and Stapley Dr., Mesa AZ. BEWARE, you have been warned.

Original review: July 16, 2018

This is a recurring problem which I have mentioned to my local pharmacy staff as well as reps who answer the CVS customer service #800. It is how CVS has designed its website to deal with new Rx. CVS makes it impossible to request online a new Rx on file which has not been filled previously. A customer in that situation is forced to have a conversation with a person in the local CVS pharmacy. That is a waste of time for both the customer and the pharmacy staff who could be assisting other customers. Today I wasted 10 minutes before I even was able to speak with a person to request my Rx. It is a problem which could be fixed by competent IT staff. I have used the websites of two other national chain pharmacies, and neither of those websites presents this problem. CVS simply chooses to ignore the problem and the inconvenience it causes customers. If I was not required by my insurance carrier to use CVS, I would not.

Original review: July 13, 2018

At approximately 1:55 pm today (July 12, 2018) I went to the CVS on Pleasant Run and Blue Grove in Lancaster, Texas. I went to the pharmacy and ask the young lady behind the counter for some assistance in locating Magnesium Citrate. She stated that it was on aisle 13. I responding - I looked on 13 but didn't see it. She then ask the pharmacist (a lady) and she responded by tell the young lady to call for a store manager. The manager came promptly and attempted to assist. He wasn't sure about the supplement drug either. The pharmacy department still do not attempt to assist. This is AWFUL and RUDE customer service. I will NEVER enter that CVS again.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have ordered refills on medication twice. Each time they say it will be ready in an hour. I couldn’t make it that day, so I came the following day to pick it up. Both times they told me it was not requested to be refilled nor was ready, but they will refill it if I come back 30 minutes later. Whoever is answering the phones and taking my information isn’t entering it in the system. It’s very upsetting to go to CVS each month to find out my medicine was not refilled and not there. This is in Lewisville TX on Main St. 972-436-3553.

Original review: July 5, 2018

The pharmacist was rude and nasty after I submitted a pain medication Rx. He refused to fill it initially, would not call my doctor to resolve the matter several days later but was hostile towards me.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Try going into CVS and checking expiration dates. It seems their stocking staff is stocking new product while leaving expired and old in the back. They should be rotating the stock by dates. Note: I am not an employee, but, a relative of mine is.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I tried to drop off my prescription at CVS, just drop off, not get it filled right then. I was told it wasn’t time yet. I told them, "I know, I’ll be back to pick it up later in the week." I was then told I’m not allowed to drop off a prescription early. I can’t come in until the day it’s due to be filled. They can’t “hold” any prescriptions. What? But, if it would have been called in, it wouldn’t have been a problem though. I have been dropping off my prescription early every month and picking it up a few days later for a few years now. So it’s not like I’m a new customer.

So I asked when CVS started doing this and he had the nerve to say “For a really long time now.” Seriously? That’s not true because I just did it last month. It’s normal for people to drop off prescriptions early so it will be ready when it’s time to pick it up and they don’t have to wait. Personally, I don’t like having to wait in the store for 45 mins while they fill it. He acted like I was doing something illegal. He actually shut the window in my face. It’s always a hassle with them. I’ve been dealing with it for years but this time just put the icing on the cake.

Original review: June 26, 2018

The staff at CVS Pharmacy inside Target are friendly and very customer focused. They are very knowledgeable about the medications as well as all of the over the counter products Target sells. I recommend this pharmacy to friends!

Original review: June 22, 2018

If I could ever have a prescription at the store they tell me it’s at, a copay that’s accurate or the basic information correct it would be a miracle! I’ve gone without meds because obtaining them from CVS is just such a chore. One time they sent me to 4 different store locations each one telling my prescription was at the other when in fact, they never called it in at all. Another time they had my copay at $60.00 higher than it is. Another time my Dr. called in my prescription and nobody bothered to retrieve it from the fax machine. Yes they still use fax machines. I’ve spent four hours over 3 days and I’m in the parking lot again still trying to obtain my medicine. This place sucks beyond belief! My insurance company locked me in with these morons I can’t even change companies!

Original review: June 21, 2018

It took a whole week and three trips to a CVS pharmacy to end up pulling my prescription and go back to my previous provider. Not only they did not keep their promise of next day service but pharmacist on duty showed very little compassion when I asked for just one pill to take the night of June 20th. Literally she closed the shutters in my face. Unfortunately, my experience with CVS pharmacy in 68th Ave and Hialeah/Hialeah Gardens Blvd in Florida is not good at all despite the fact other employees tried to be helpful and resolve my situation on a spot. I believe name of pharmacist is **.

Original review: June 17, 2018

CVS used to be the pharmacy of choice. However, in the past 2 years the level of customer service has dropped to zero, the website is a waste of time, the pharmacy staff at Blandon PA are unable or unwilling to help with problems, and corporate doesn't seem to have a clue. Over the past year I have been trying to remove my scripts from their ReadyFill program. Might be good for some but I sometimes forget to take a pill and I don't need the scripts refilled every 21-30 days. On several occasions I removed some of the scripts from ReadyFill via the website, only to have them magically reappear on the ReadyFill list 2 months later. No one at CVS can explain this. Now, I have one script that cannot be removed from the ReadyFill program. Again, no one at CVS can explain this. I need to manage the refills on my own. I know when the little pill bottle is empty. From what I've seen on this website, my only choice is to find another pharmacy.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Where do I begin... The staff are highly untrained. They do not know what they are doing. When I first chose CVS I was unaware that they are not an accredited company. So it makes perfect sense that they fail at their jobs and have no penalties for such failures. I take Insulin. Most common regular people know how important insulin is for diabetics to have to survive. The pharmacy worker asked me what it was for. He asked me! I am now going on 4 months without it being filled because the CVS Worker changed my script amt to 90 day supply (as a courtesy for my ‘benefit’ of course) and that change kicked it out of my insurance coverage. And now they tell me to call my insurance company. So I do and ins says it’s pharmacy error. I tell CVS that and they say, "Call your ins company." Thank God for the black market or I’d be dead because of CVS!

Original review: June 14, 2018

Pharmacy at CVS at Coit & Alpha, Dallas, TX - I don't understand how CVS has a pharmacy license. The pharmacy personnel at the location I unfortunately went to (3 times now) intentionally lie about when a prescription is filled and are rude. I was supposed to have a prescription filled yesterday but got a notice very late in the day saying they did not have the medicine to make the drops and that they would let me know. This is unacceptable; I was out of the drops and need them for glaucoma.

I called them today and they said they now the medicine and the drops would be ready after midday. Ok, so I went in around 12:30 pm and the lady said, "Wait. We are now trying to get authorization again for this medicine." I called my insurance prescription contact and was told that authorization had already been provided. I looked up and lo and behold there's my prescription. I will never go to another CVS again for prescriptions. I don't trust them anymore. They are liars and should not be dispensing medications. I had no idea such people could be in charge of putting together medicines. This cannot be legal. I just pray they did not do something to my eye drops.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

CVS Pharmacy Company Information

CVS
www.cvs.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business