CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.9/5 (1960 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

I watch for coupons from CVS. They lower the prices of lots of items like Don Pablo Coffee and Whitman's boxed chocolates. I can't find better prices on these items anywhere in town. I like that!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

My CVS is close by. They carry just about anything you need. Their selection of vitamins and supplements cannot be beat. The prices are competitive.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The vitamin brands offered by CVS have been ranked high by Consumer Report and the prices are reasonable and selection excellent. It is also convenient to fill prescriptions at the same place where my vitamins are sold.

Original review: July 30, 2020

My only complaint with CVS is they do not have a contract United Healthcare which would lower the prices greatly. I just do not understand why they do not participate, to me a makes good business sense. Staff is great. CVS Exton PA Lincoln hwy.

Original review: July 23, 2021

A pharmacist told me on Thursday that they didn't have enough to fill my prescription but would be getting it by 3pm on Friday. When I went to call to check at 10 of 3 on Friday the recording said it was being ordered at 3. After waiting on hold for 30min to talk to pharmacy it left me with no time to get a hold of my Dr so I won't be sick a call I could have made Thursday if they had not played games and told me the truth on Thursday. But instead I'm being met with medical discrimination from pharmacy. I didn't ask for my health problems. I'm tired of being judged or crapped or like I don't matter and neither does my health. Half the time I wish I was dead cuz I'm tired of being in pain and unable to do the things I would like to. When a pharmacist messes with the meds you need that help you to function daily a person's will to live goes way down. So if your medicine helps you so you can get through day to day don't rely on this pharmacy.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Did not open the brown paper bag that the boxes of my prescription eye drops were placed in as I trusted that it was all fine. However on opening I discovered that the box to one had a broken tamper evident seal and the content color was not as described on the box. Too bad for me the day I am to start using is a Sunday and CVS Pharmacy is closed. Will be using Hannaford Pharmacy next time at least they are open on Sundays.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I find it ABSOLUTELY unacceptable that they text me repeatedly that my prescription is ready for pickup 45 days before I need a refill!!! When I call they tell me they can't change it, that I have to go to their website.

Original review: June 29, 2021

BEWARE those who are considering CVS for their Covid test results for travel. I am so much disappointed with CVS on Covid testing, better look for other options if you are traveling and a negative Covid test is a requirement for boarding the flight. I gave my swab on Saturday noon and had mentioned that it was for travel purpose. I was assured that I will receive the test results by Monday afternoon for an evening flight but didn't receive the test results until midnight. I had to reschedule my international travel because of this delay of CVS and had to pay the fare difference.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I routinely have 3 prescriptions filled at the Bangor Target CVS Pharmacy. I have requested a 90 supply of these subs, and my doctor approved. Despite the fact that I call ahead to confirm that they are filled as required, I end up being told that they are not ready or not the correct amount. I had plans to go away a while they ran out, and was leaving for the trip on Saturday. I called the pharmacy on Monday to have them filled and spoke with the pharmacist so that I could confirm. Because one needed a doctor's approval, I called back on Thursday to confirm that they were filled and was assured that they were. I was told the quantity and the amount that they would be. After standing in line waiting for 20 minutes I was told that the most crucial was not available.

When I complained as it put me in the position of not having the medication for my trip, the clerk kept trying to make it my fault. That I had not understood, or I had been mistaken. I understand that these things happen, but these things happen as a rule and not an exception to me at this pharmacy. I will not be supporting this pharmacy in the future.

Original review: June 11, 2021

The CVS Pharmacy on 7021 Hollywood Blvd is extremely incompetent. During the covid vaccines, they're not tending to prescriptions to be picked up. You go there and they completely ignore you. I understand people need to have the covid shots but we too need our life-saving meds.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team