Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5
Based on 4,935 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Best pharmacists ever at Escondido South store in San Diego. I have been coming here for over two years and want to let everyone know how kind, thoughtful and caring my two pharmacists Nancy and Hugh have been during that time. They know me by name and have consistently delivered stellar service and never fail to act in my best interest and the best interest of my health with my prescriptions and advice on those prescriptions. It is a very busy pharmacy but they have always made me feel that they had time for me and my questions. They are to be commended. Thank you for all you do for me.

Original review: July 26, 2019

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. The staff probably 4 at least was great. I picked up a prescription of Diabetes test strips in April. The charge was $16.64 (I knew it should be $0.00). I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks. 5 weeks later the check arrived explaining that it was a credit for an overpayment. I sat on it until that same prescription was due for refill. When the cashier told me that it would be $16.64 I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks just like this one and showed her the check. I then asked her if I could use that CVS check to pay for the refill. She told me that she could not accept the check.

I asked her if that was because they do not trust checks from CVS because CVS was not a good and trusted corporation. THAT GOT SOME ATTENTION. I then explained that I would not mind paying the $16.64 with my credit card and depositing the check, but I thought I might be able to save CVS $50 or 60 dollars if she was able to find the error and prevent the expense of repeating the check refund process. I explained the bank charge for the credit card, the auditor's expense, the accounting department personnel reviewing and confirming the error, The accounting department sending to the accounts payable department. the accounts payable personnel reviewing and verifying the payment and verifying the mailing address and then approving it, the expense of having a check printed, the expense of putting the check into an envelope and mailing it.

By the time I had gone through that I could see her gears another associate, the pharmacist, and manager gears all cranking. I ADDED that if I was deposit the check in my bank there would probably be some expense involved in processing the check and getting CVS to forward the money to my bank so that they could credit my account. At this point the committee spoke and the manager asked if could make a copy of the letter which had accompanied the check. I NATURALLY said, "Of course. Please do." She assured me that she would not make a copy of the check. I replied "Feel free to copy it. I am not afraid of you knowing who CVS banks with or having information about CVS."

After some discussion it was determined that the problem was probably caused by a policy which does not allow CVS to recognize and bill supplemental Insurance plans. I asked if they had many customers who might be old enough to be on Medicare and might use a supplemental plan. Before I left I promised them that I would be back in three months with another check from CVS for $16.64 to see if it could then be used to pay for the new refill.

BTW I will not feel bad if this review is not published. After an extensive search I was not able to find a place to send a message to customer care so I hope that this information gets forwarded to them. IF THIS SITE WERE TO ASK for a star rating I would give the staff at CVS 5 stars. HAS ANYONE BOTHERED TO READ the paragraph below? I am checking it in spite of the wording which would prohibit any all customers of CVS from checking if they had ever made a purchase "business relationship with this organization". Have your corporate lawyers seen that?

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2019

We always get such wonderful service and professional advice with concern from the pharmacy staff of Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Target CVS (Brookwood Village, Homewood, Alabama, 35209), Store Number 17642. For example, last month, 03/21/2019, they had all our prescriptions ready right the moment we got to the checkout. We highly recommend others to let Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Brookwood Target CVS Pharmacy be their family pharmacy too. Please forward this compliment to the superiors of CVS Pharmacy because we really appreciate and say thanks for the fantastic service. Thanks and God bless! Mark

Original review: March 14, 2019

My wait time is generally 10-20 minutes - on busy days I may have to come back to the store, I don't consider this a negative. The pharmacy holds prescriptions for a good amount of time if I cannot make it there to pick the up. The SMS service is handy. My only negative is that there is a rotating staff all the time. I have not had the same pharmacist(s) for longer than 6 months it seems. The new faces are friendly and are knowledgeable, but it would be nice to have a pharmacist stay at a location. I suppose I am just nostalgic for a time when things did not change so often.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently received a Drug Recall letter from CVS of ** 100 mg, 50 mg and 25 mg tablets. This recall was issued because an unexpected impurity was found in these products that may cause health risks. I was notified that their records showed I may have received a prescription for ** and I received a complete list of Lot numbers and NDC numbers and Drug strengths Affected. I did not receive much information over the phone however, when I took my medication to the CVS pharmacy (with the recall letter), they checked the information on my bottle as well as recent prescriptions I had received from them. And, informed me that none of my Drugs were on the Recall list. My wait time was less than 10 minutes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

CVS really needs to do something about their carbon footprint. Why on earth do they give a receipt over 50" long for a single purchase? If they want to offer all these promotions and deals, just direct me to the website or tack the "deals" onto my internet account. I really don't need all that paper... neither does our precious environment. Please stop!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I have been taking the same meds under 2 Drs for over 5 yrs. Never had an issue. My husband of 45 yrs recently passed away leaving me devasted and an emotional wreck. I went to my dr as I had at least 2 days where I got ZERO sleep. Not even a nap. And he upped the dosage of one MEDS so that I could get some rest. Actually it was only about 10% higher, but was an extended release to ensure at least 4 or 5 hrs sleep. My Dr. knew insurance would not cover it, so he pulled up prices at pharmacies in the area in order to get the lowest price for me and sent it there.

Few days later I was back at my regular pain specialist that I have been going to for over 5 years to renew my meds as I also hurt my back carrying over 25 lbs thru airport to other terminal. Even the moving walkways were broken, so I had to stop 4 times to rest due to back spasms. Bottom line, CVS Pharmacist in League City, TX not only refused to fill it, but totally embarrassed me in public accusing me of pharmacy shopping and that they could see everything I was trying to hide, and that I have tried this before and then shut my account down. I was standing there with tears running down my face and offered to have them call the other pharmacy and my Dr. They refused and refused me in the future.

What the heck. All I am trying to do is function with failed back surgery, stenosis, severe arthritis in back and pinched nerves in neck so bad am losing control of my right hand and is on fire 24/7. So basically according to this CVS pharmacist it is much better that I possibly fall asleep at the wheel and kill someone, rather than take the medication that I know will allow me some rest and interruption of the pain I live with every day. I have zero history of abuse or early fills all these years. Zero. I am not done filing formal complaint against this pharmacist. Rude, crude and indifferent.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

Stay away from this CVS. Nothing but criminals running it! We had to make several complaints to the company CVS and the board of pharmacy! But each time we went to pick up our medicine they would give us a hard time. And this was several visits even before we filed our 1st complaint. But our visit today on 01/10/2020. Every time there is a new pharmacist the other pharmacy techs bad mouth us but this new pharmacist, took things to a new level! They weren't filling our medications like they should which is why we had to complain in the first place! It got bad and we sent a complaint to the board of pharmacy. But this new pharmacist is low life trash yelling at me and refusing to me my medicine! And telling me not to come back! I recorded the incident on my cell phone. I did call the police but they lied to them falsely accusing me I was being unruly.

But I have it recorded that the pharmacist started it. I was leaving the store then Christina told me to leave I was leaving! But she could never give me a reason! But the cops said was due me being unruly! Then police told me that they banned me and I would be arrested if I came back! They had to lie to get me banned! Nothing but trailer trash pharmacist and techs. It don't matter how much education you have. When you lie about someone like this you are trailer trash! And who was he to judge me and he didn't even know me.

This proves the other pharmacist and techs were bad mouthing me! To him. Well I have it on video that the pharmacist started it first! He was being the unruly one! Then they lied again saying that I called her the B word! Christina and this pharmacist were the unruly ones! But the customer don't have any rights at all when being abused by employees like this. And the police always sides with this business! Stay away from this evil pharmacy!

Why does CVS along with the board of pharmacy allows pharmacist get away with abusing customers and then lying about them falsely accusing them of being unruly. And telling the police to be on the ban lists! Why why why why why! They didn't do nothing to them and now I'm banned from the store! For nothing! They don't treat all customers the same! Why do they allow bad employees to stay employed at this store. And let them think they can do what ever they want! The police are full of it too! Yes I am angry which I have a right to be! All because they don't want to be held accountable for their actions! Just please stay away from this pharmacy. Bad apples! I'm angry and hostile too for how they lied! And the cops took their side. I have a right to be angry and hate the cops too! This is why people don't trust police anymore! Oh it's not over yet. Not by a long shot. They have done opened a can of worms!

Please stay away from this pharmacy! If they will go to these great links to get back at a customer who has been with them for over 10 years! Just for you complaining. These employees in the pharmacy are trailer trash scum who have turned into criminals! Because the board of pharmacy ruled in their favor! This CVS hires horrible employees then once they rule in their favor. And they keep them employed! They unleash them back on the customer to retaliate! This Phenix city CVS is the worst! but to ban me after the pharmacist caused the confrontation! I need my medication!

But to banned me was completely harsh with the acting manager Christina came charging at the store telling me to leave while I was already leaving! People say don't unload on the employee! But this pharmacist and Christina are allowed to unload their anger on me! Then lie to the cops about I can't come back to the store!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

There is always a delay on refills. I manage my son's prescriptions as he is a minor child. He cannot be without his medicine so I am constantly aware of how many pills he has left and closely monitor his refills. Our pediatrician's office is fantastic. However the CVS pharmacy is always delinquent. They are understaffed and disorganised. The pharmacist has a real attitude. Our most recent incident had the prescription called in on a Monday and on Friday it still wasn't ready. No rhyme or reason. Just they are super busy. I went in on Friday after work only to be told it's still not ready come back in an hour. I had to call the Doctor's office and they had to speak to the pharmacist directly except he's the problem. He's busy. I will be transferring my family's prescription to Walgreens.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I’ve had 2 experiences that are unacceptable. The first is they filled my Rx with the wrong brand specified manufacturer (by my physician) yet marked it as the right brand on the bottle. Secondly, they just forced me to pay $110 for a fungal cream that costs $15.99 at Stop and Shop. And I have no choice with Cigna but to use them! Total crooks!

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team