CVS Pharmacy
  • 1 star
Based on 310 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

CVS Pharmacy

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 11, 2017

1639 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

This message is to confirm the experience of Jack from Oklahoma, who has been kind enough to share his experience with price gouging at CVS. Well, that practice is happening here in Indiana, too! For most of the year, my copay for ** eye drops has been $30 for a monthly fill. But, CVS wanted to charge over $270 for the copay in November. I said to the pharmacist that it was outrageous, and how could the price jump so much and that I would be calling the pharmacy benefits management department (CVS Health) to find out if there was an error of some kind.

The lady I spoke with in benefits management said that there was no error, and that the co-pay price quoted was correct. When I asked why it went up so much (more than QUINTUPLED in price!). She said she wasn't sure but said that maybe a coupon of some kind had been applied to bring the price down. I said that I myself hadn't used any coupons. She said that maybe the pharmacist had applied one without reporting it. I asked whether there was any record of a coupon being used. After all, CVS is a HUGE corporation and if they can record coupons being used for general retail merchandise, they should have a way to record when a coupon has been used on a prescription. She said that they don't do that. Hmmm. Essentially, the price shot way up and no one seems to have a clue why!

But, perhaps I may have a little clue why. It's near the end of the year. It's the fourth quarter. I believe that they are trying to boost their earnings at the end of the year by gouging customers who are forced to use CVS by their insurance carriers! A member of my extended family shared with me that she, too, saw the price of her asthma medications go through the proverbial roof recently. There is definitely some pattern here.

For those of you who may be wondering... No, I'm still a few years away from being eligible for Medicare. So, no, the jacked up price is not because we're in a Medicare "donut hole." No. Not at all. There was a flat reasonably priced fee for our co-pay until November when it went way up. To make matters more annoying, they have called twice in one day to remind me about a prescription pick-up! Hello, CVS! Wake up! Maybe if you didn't price gouge, people wouldn't procrastinate in picking up prescriptions!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

My husband recently bought a sock slider from CVS for me. I just went to CVS and returned it without the receipt, since my husband wasn't with me. Being a regular customer, I figured I'd just get a credit slip, and buy some medications with the credit slip while I was there. So, the kid (Ben) at the register says it's going to be $9.99. credit back to me. I told him my husband told me the sock slider was around $20. (We had bought a few different kinds since I have been having trouble putting on my compression stockings). Ben said, "No, it's $9.99". So I kind of shrugged, figure my husband was wrong and I got the gift receipt. Then I went and got some medications and shopped at for some Christmas items. Going down the aisles I saw the sock slider on the shelf for $19.99. I knew it!

I went up to the counter with the box and got Ben's attention, saying "I knew it was more than that, see? $20!" So I tell him I want the gift card adjusted, and he says he can't. He calls the manager, who is appears to be another person under 21, and then he came over and said they can't change it and that I only got $9.99 because the sock slider was on sale for $9.99 in the last 90 days. I said, well, Ben should have said something when I said it should be more than $10. So I said, "Well then, I want you to give me my item back so I can return it WITH the receipt.” Nope. Not allowed! What? He said he already did the return and now it's too late. I haven't even left the store, my God.

I couldn't believe it! So I ask for the manager. Matt, who looked about 20, never once made eye contact and mumbled that he could not give me back my item and couldn't change the store credit. I said that's wrong, so wrong!! What if I call my husband who had the receipt, showing we paid $20. Nope. Can't do it, he said, company policy.

I said this is unacceptable, and asked to speak to his manager. He said he was the manager. I said, “Well, surely there is someone who is YOUR boss, I'd like to speak to that person, because the store is ripping me off.” He said he would call his manager, Jessica, who was not at work. He came back and apologized and said it was store policy and they could not do anything at all for me, and that was the store policy over and over. I couldn't believe they were going to get away with this kind of dirty business practice and basically steal $10 from me just like that! It's the principle of the matter. I asked Matt for his manager Jessica's number so I could speak to her, but he said I'd have to call corporate.

So I asked for corporate's number, but he said he doesn’t have corporate's number! What? So I asked him to call Jessica then and get the number from her. Some management material this kid is, who can't even make eye contact and mumbles when he talks, and has zero people skills whatsoever. So, fuming mad, still at the counter, I called corporate. They're closed, wonderful. My box containing the sock slider, was visible, 5 feet away behind the counter, and a crummy 50% credit slip on a product that I bought fair and square for double that, and absolutely NO way to rescind the return, because of store policy. The store's employees and the store's Policy really need to be addressed.

The problems here are, #1 Ben should have told me when I said thought my husband paid a lot more than $10, that was only $10 because it was on sale for $10 in the last 90 days, whereupon, I would have retained the sock slider and not signed for the return. And Matt, the manager should have been more helpful, (or at least acted like he cared), but instead, his mumbling and lack of eye contact, his nonchalant attitude was infuriating to say the least. This was WRONG! They should have taken their credit slip back and given me back the sock slider. Or at LEAST let my husband come with the receipt. But according to Matt, if I'd had the receipt in my wallet and found it right then, it still would have not mattered. So CVS basically stole my money because of their "Store Policy" makes it legal. Not all that is legal is right, and this is plumb WRONG, bad business, bad customer service!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I know this opioid crisis is bad but I have rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, lupus, and fibromyalgia. The pain I'm in is real. My doctors prescribed my medications. They have a computer that is linked to each other. The pharmacist at CVS has taken it upon herself to withhold my medications even after the doctor herself told her to give it to me. She has made me feel as though I am an addict and because of her I am embarrassed to go back to that CVS. I would also like to add that I do not smoke or drink. My own doctors have in my charts that I am at low risk for dependency.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

A recent experience with CVS was a disaster from the point I needed to talk to a store clerk. I do not have my prescriptions auto refilled by the computer system because the machine does not know if I happen to miss a day or 2 and starts blowing up my phone before I am ready for a refill. I use the website that CVS has set up where I tick the box on the prescriptions I want to refill and confirm. The website knows what location I pick up my prescriptions and allows me to print out the confirmation of where and when the prescriptions will be ready for pick up. I hand the printed confirmation letter to the store clerk at 12:05 on that date at that location. She looks at it and says, I quote: "What is this, I have never seen this before". All she has to do is read and she will know but apparently CVS store clerks cannot read, so I tell her that it is a confirmation to pick up my prescriptions, they are ready at this location.

She mumbles something and proceeds into the corner to do something on the computer, asking for my information, vis-a-vis, my name, date of birth and so on. Still in the corner mumbling I give a huff at the counter showing my mimic of her actions. She immediately comes at me with major attitude saying and I quote again: "Is there a problem because I am trying to help you and I have never seen this before". Wow, if she is frustrated at not knowing something about her job you cannot ever give that attitude and frustration to the customer ever, ever, ever. I tell her to just give me back the confirmation letter and I leave the store.

I proceed to my car and drive to my son's house 1 minute away to babysit my newborn granddaughter. I no sooner sit down with my son and I receive a text message on my phone from CVS. The text message states "Your prescriptions are ready to be picked up at your CVS location." It is quite fine because I am a disabled veteran and have nothing better to do than to drive back and forth to CVS because they are so messed up and incompetent. I make so much money living on disability that I can keep putting gas in my car just so I can make unnecessary trips back and forth to CVS. Having a system in place is a wonderful thing indeed, but having the competent, respectful, professional, well trained humans to implement that system is required and CVS does not have that. Unhappy irate customer!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

On 11/22/17, I parked at CVS 2300 Jefferson Davis Hwy to get lunch from Kabob next door to CVS a $.99 water from CVS. Parked on the CVS side but went into Kabob 1st to get carry out. When I came out to go into CVS for my water, my car was gone. CVS manager couldn't provide any information about towing; a clerk eventually allowed me to use the phone to call Advanced Towing Company. Took a cab to Advanced at 4000 N. 5th Rd., Arlington, VA. The cab driver told me that Advanced Towing truck sits around the corner on the CVS parking lot; their men stand outside of the CVS watching to see who's parked in the wrong space then tows their car.

My car cost $135.00. After getting it I drove back to CVS... The tow truck was again parked at the rear of the CVS (see photo); the drivers were standing on the front side of CVS (see photo). See the confusing No Parking signs... In a matter for 30 feet or less, there're 3 different No Parking signs...1- reads: Parking for CVS; another reads: Parking for CVS & Kobob; and a 3rd sign reads: Parking for Kobob. CVS seems to be collaborating with Advanced Towing Company in "predatory towing" in that they allow Advanced Towing to park on their lot to quickly and easily tow customers' vehicle.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I recently visited the local CVS Minute clinic for a biometric screening for my insurance. After a wait that took much too long I was greeted by an elderly woman who was doing the screenings that made me uncomfortable from the start. She takes my blood pressure and it was a little high... I explained to her it's usually a bit high when I go to the doctor because I get anxiety upon doctor visits. She said if it didn't go down she would have to call the ambulance which made it spike even more. She never even attempted to make me feel more comfortable. I see a cardiologist and he always jokes with me about my "white coat anxiety..." but she was an absolute ** from the start. She got everything wrong from... Weight was wrong, height was wrong, by the time I left I was just glad to get out. Maybe CVS should evaluate who they hire to do these screenings because she had no clue what she's doing. This was at the Laurel Springs CVS in Cumming, GA... Beware.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

My wife & I have traded with CVS for several years and have been completely satisfied. We also have Express Scripts insurance. Last week, I picked up a refill at CVS for my wife & it seemed entirely too high, but I assumed I must be mistake. Yesterday I picked up 2 more refills for my wife. This time I knew something was wrong & asked for a printout of her medications for 2017. When I examined it, I found that 1 refill that normally cost $2.62 now cost $44.63. Another that was &1.99 was now $44.00. I went on Express Scripts's site & learned that all of the CVS stores in the Oklahoma City area were charging the exact same prices for these prescriptions. All the other drug stores in Oklahoma City were charging about $12.00 to $14.00 for these 2 prescriptions. How can CVS do this to their loyal customers? As seniors, we must be aware of pricing of medications & change suppliers if necessary.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I have a prescription for vitamin B2 that I have had filled for over a year at the same location. Normally I fill a one month supply for around $8. However, due to the fact that my doctor plans to have me continue it for a long period of time she changed the amount I was getting to a 3 month supply. Yes, I also realize I can purchase these over the counter but due to the high volume I need to take the doctor thought it would be cheaper to do a prescription. While trying to fill this 3 month prescription I went to CVS 4 times in one week. They had terrible communication with me. They never reached out to say it wasn't ready even though they verbally gave me a time it would be and the CVS application told me it was ready as well.

The last time I had spoken to them was on Tuesday when they told me another incorrect ready date of Wednesday and I asked them to call me so I wouldn't make another pointless trip. I did not receive a call 'til late on Saturday. On Tuesday, the woman I talked to told me insurance didn't cover my prescription but didn't tell me why and also told me that the new, larger prescription would be around $25. On Sunday, I asked my grandmother who was in town to pick up my prescription for me. It was $42! When my grandmother tried to ask why, I am told, the cashier was rude to her and said it wasn't covered by insurance and was a larger supply. Even a larger supply should only be $24 since for one month I was paying $8. This is not the first time I have dealt with their inability to communicate and their rudeness but it will be the last because I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

CVS charged up to 8.75 times more for generic medications that are only $4 at Walmart, and many other pharmacies. CVS charged the $35 dollar insurance copay rather than the no-insurance cost which is less (as low as $4.00). I used CVS for 2 decades, but I will never use CVS again. Consumers need to be warned. Pharmaceuticals are ripping off people. People should shop around, because prescription prices vary greatly. Some medication prices can vary by many hundreds of dollars. CVS is one of the most expensive, and CVS also does not inform customers that the non-insurance price is less than their copay. That is dishonest and greedy.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

2 yrs I've gotten the same script filled at this location. It's a narcotic (**) that I fill the day AFTER I run out (CVS rules). This morning I call and am told they're out! When I ask the tech can I get the E-SCRIPT FROM MY DR transferred to another CVS, they tell me my DR would have to do it and I can't reach him! Why they can't transfer from one CVS to another is beyond me! They said you'll have to call back after 11:30 and see if they came in, "I don't know what to tell ya". Unbelievable bad customer service! They just don't even care about their customers at all. Next month I'll be choosing another pharmacy. This has happened to MANY other people I know. Now if I was on insulin would they say the same? Doubtful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

They called my doctor and told him to change my RX to a generic after I told them not to at least 6 times. Who are they to decide which medication I should take... Isn't that between the physician and myself? Isn't that an invasion of privacy? I have insurance but it doesn't cover the particular medication I take so I pay for it out of pocket and that's fine by me. Not everyone lives on/off government programs and we get by just fine without it. So for CVS to go behind my back, without permission and after being told not to mess with my RX a half dozen times, they still did it. I spent at least 20 minutes trying to get this straightened out while the pharmacist was rude stating that it was my doctor who called in the change. Um, no, someone from CVS called them! Even the other person working in the pharmacy told me that that's exactly what happened. I AM DONE WITH CVS!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

The CVS porter ranch location is awful. They constantly have announcements that people are waiting on the phone line when the techs are chit chatting. I have come to pick up medication at least four times when they have lost, misplaced or just not filled prescriptions. I went multiple days without my medication because they were not ready. The line is always long even though they have enough people for every register. One of the pharmacists is rude and does not do new med council. The techs ringing you up. Do not address you with hello. They automatically ask for a birthday.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

After having left CVS (for poor customer service) for my many prescriptions, I decided to give them another chance because they are geographically convenient. First, I tried to transfer my prescriptions from another pharmacy by loading them online (CVS.com). There were 9 of them, so it took quite a while to get the info added. When I "hit" "transfer", the screen came back indicating that they were having computer problems and I should try again. I tried just one of the prescriptions and got the same result. A couple of days later I took a typed list of prescriptions into the local store and asked them to transfer them. They said it would take 24 - 48 hours. They were not completed for 72 hours.

When I went in the store to pick them up, I discovered that 2 of the 9 prescriptions were only filled for 30 days instead of 90 days. When I asked them to correct them, they stated their computer system was down and they couldn't check anything or fix anything (if they were wrong). I overheard a tech talking with someone else behind the counter, when she was investigating the problem. She said (loud enough for me to hear) "doesn't he know how many hundreds of dollars that would cost him?". 24 hours later they told me the system had been up and down since the previous day and nothing could be done because it was still down.

When I explained that I was leaving town for a period of time longer than the period they had filled the prescription for, their response was "sorry." They told me I could refill the prescription at the end of 30 days (assuming their computer was back up by then... Sorry... That's just my sarcasm). Of course that means the cost to me will be increased because a 90 day prescription is cheaper than 3 - 30 day prescriptions... And... I do not drive so I have to arrange transportation with someone else (or pay for transportation).

I asked if I could arrange to transfer the prescriptions now and was told "No, the computer is down. Call back when it is up. We can fix it when the computer is up." Did I mention that I have been trying to change my address in their records since I moved over 3 years ago? 5 days ago, when I was in the store they did change it, but to an incorrect address. And the computer database on CVS.com still has the old address. When getting a prescription filled I demand accuracy. CVS does not produce accuracy and their customer service attitude is severely lacking.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

OK on 10/30/2017 I filled a script for 60 **. This was 2 a day for 30 days. On 11/1/2017 I had surgery and was given a script for 60 ** for 15 days. The pharmacy canceled my script and talked to everyone but me. I am not a drug addict but was treated like I was. So basically the pharmacy told me to double the ** and I would be fine with that but now I have nothing for my back for 18 days.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I stopped off at my local Target Store to have two scripts filled for my Pain meds. I've been using this pharmacy in Target for over twelve years now and have never had problems getting my Pain meds filled. Now my Doctor wanted me to go back to a pain specialist, and I did. But now my pharmacy will no longer fill them. Am I being discriminated against because of my disability? I have to look into this issue. I did inform the pharmacist that if they wouldn't fill my scripts, I'd be transferring all my scripts to another pharmacy.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

CVS send me a text messages saying my prescription was ready for pick up. Here's where the problem began. If you go to the "drive thru" they say "wait for a second" and then take between 10 to 20 min for them to get back to you. "Date of birth"... It is not lack of personnel. It is lack of care... They really don't care for how long you wait for them. I mean Carlos ** the guy that came to the window after I raised my voice explicitly said that "You have to wait sir". If you go inside there is a line ALWAYS at any TIME. If I can’t drop CVS for sure then I'm getting out of store 0554. Once they told me my insurance will not cover (after 15 days prescribed). When they double check it was covered but... "YOU HAVE TO WAIT SIR".

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I placed an order for a refill of my prescription at the start of October. It has now been about a month and a half, and I have not yet received my order. This is due to the ineptitude of the staff, dragging their feet and not giving correct guidance on procuring the prescription. I spoke with Mike (a CVS at home delivery pharmacist) on the phone two weeks ago today. He told me his company would not be able to get the prescription in time but that the CVS in the Target store in Fort Myers on San Carlos Blvd. would order the prescription and that I would have it the following Monday. Saturday I called the pharmacy and spoke with Ed (I think that was his name). He guaranteed me I would have the prescription Monday. Monday another pharmacy person there at Target (Audrey?) called to say that the prescription was not in, but that they would have it on Tuesday, the next day.

Tuesday afternoon some other female twit who seemed to have no idea of what had been going on with the prescription left me a message that they would not be able to get the prescription in. I telephoned the CVS at home people and told them of the Target's lack of follow-thru. I then went through the same rigmarole with them. They could get it, then they couldn't, then when I asked to speak with a pharmacist - all of a sudden they could get it in. This followed hours of time on the telephone with some of the most incompetent "pharmacy technicians" ever (Petra, Lynne, Ed).

Finally they got the prescription in and I asked if they would please expedite shipping at their cost since it was the company's fault that I had been placed in a position where I had to stop the medication cold turkey, and that I was going to be leaving the temporary address where I had been staying and wanted to receive the medication stat. "Pharmacist" Kristen said no. Can you even believe what an unprofessional "medical" person she is? I can't. There are further words to describe someone like her. What a loser. I asked them to send the prescription then to a different address on 11/1 (mind you, all of this started at the start of October). I was told the prescription would be sent to the new address. It is now 11/10, and I have not received the prescription. Why? Because they sent it to the old address.

I spoke with Jonathan this evening at the At Home delivery place. He was nice enough, but he was either not honest or not competent in understanding USPS tracking. He told me all mail sent into Florida goes through Fort Myers (where my previous address was), but it doesn't. When I pulled up the tracking information myself, it clearly shows that the CVS at Home people sent it to the previous address. And all of this could have been prevented if "pharmacist" Kristen had sent this out overnight as she should have to the previous address. These people have no competence or care for what they put their customers through. They are terrible and I do not recommend them at all. And frankly, Kristen would never be employed by a company that I owned.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

When CVS took over Target pharmacy, customer service went out the window. The continuous phone calls daily for each Rx filled is incredibly annoying. We asked them to stop the daily calls and were told they can't change the call frequency! The "reward" program is a joke. We asked them to cancel some prescriptions we don't need and they continue to keep them active. They filled two prescriptions for my husband for the same drug in different doses instead of replacing the new dose with the previous dose and tried to give him BOTH today. Called CVS customer care today and was never treated so unimportant as a customer ever before. They couldn't care less how they treat their customers. We transferred all our prescriptions to another pharmacy today. CVS will not get any more of our business. Never had such bad experiences with getting prescriptions until CVS. Just horrible.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

This is a complaint regarding store 2145 in Woodmere, NY. In 9 months with this pharmacy I have not had 1 good experience. My medications have been held to get approval from my doctor which has never happened at any other CVS. When I was out of insurance, they would scan the medicine and ask me if I really needed it because it was expensive. I take mental health medication. How dare they?

My most recent nightmare experiences were 11/6 and 11/5. I was recently approved by Medicaid, and the pharmacists clearly had no idea what they were doing. Both days they told me I had to call for things from Medicaid, which I did and Medicaid said none was necessary. My doctor had to call CVS and speak with them and she had never done that with any patient over the past 7 years. Further, the pharmacists don’t talk quietly and he was speaking to me from across the way very loudly so it was not private. I have been using CVS for years but as of today I am switching to Walgreens.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

The first problem with CVS Pharmacy #4984 at 863 Baltimore Pike, Glen Mills, Pa was for medicine I needed due to illness. They told me the instructions were unclear and asked if I understood them which I did. They did try and call the doctor for clarification but did not get through so it was filled without verifying instructions. I finished them and still had the same problem. The doctor ordered a refill but CVS would not refill it as my insurance refused, I purchased enough out of pocket to get me by till I could renew. Doctor informed me that it was straightened out and could pick up the medicine immediately. Went to CVS and was told I could not but upon reviewing did find that it could be filled but refused to fill it as she only had 4 minutes left.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I had to switch to CVS due to my insurance, I loved Walgreens, now it’s like night and day. These people are rude, call the wrong doctors, have a bad attitude, not professional at all. I have to correct them almost all the time, they call doctors that I had two years back, give them my correct doctor, they call me back using the old doctor, and they are just incompetent, I hate CVS. I don’t know where they hire their Pharmacist, staff, they're all incompetent... Shame on them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

The Pharmacy dept. informed my Physician that they did not receive an RX from me over a week ago. I called the pharmacy and spoke with "Kathy". She denied having told my Physician’s office such. I then asked if they had a denial, she said she does, and they would fax it over to my Physician’s office. My Physician’s office assured me they had not received a fax from CVS. I called back to CVS, and "ASHA" said she does not have a prescription, so I explained to her that I spoke with "Kathy" earlier who said that she did have the RX and it was faxed but it was not. I placed on hold by "ASHA" for over 50 min total and then someone hung up. I have never experienced such behavior.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

For months I have been paying full price for prescriptions because the pharmacists kept insisting that I am not insured at 55 Cold Spring Rd, Syosset, NY. Every single month for six months, they have told me that I'm not insured and I have presented them with an insurance card. Today I called them to refill a prescription and they told me the same thing, I am not insured, I told them for the seventh month in a row that I am insured, here is my insurance. The pharmacist tells me that someone has deactivated my insurance at CVS which is why I have been paying full price for prescriptions for months.

I called HQ and filed a complaint against this CVS and they have escalated it because the employees have clearly been doing something wrong. HQ told me that I will be reimbursed for all the months that I paid out of pocket for prescriptions and forwarded my call to the reimbursement department. After spending an hour on the phone with them, they told me there is absolutely nothing they can do because the prescriptions are out of their window to reimburse. How many more hours can I waste with CVS? Their HQ, individual stores, and reimbursement department have been absolutely no help to me, and have caused me an enormous amount of stress and time wasted.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Had some prescriptions to be filled. Normally I would not use CVS due to a previous horrible experience with CVS. My only reason for going to CVS is to get my scripts filled because they are opened 24 hours and not a far drive for me. So, the CPT (Certified Pharmacy Technician) Mason assisted me with my prescriptions. I handed Mason my insurance card (the one I use for everything). He then stated that that was the incorrect card? I explained to Mason that is the only card I ever use. Mason then stated, "no you have another card, I need that card."

I give Mason the card, he plugs in the information and states "have a seat and we will get your prescriptions ready for you." I am waiting and then I am called to the pick-window and I walk over to the area. Mason then gives me an amount to pay? So, I explain to Mason "I do not have any co-pays as I have already met my deductible and my insurance pays 100%." Mason goes to his computer and states "No you have to pay." At this point I go outside to call my insurance and explain the situation. Per my insurance they stated, "you have met your deductible and there are NO COPAYS, the other card they requested is ONLY for MAIL ORDER requests."

I return to the counter and speak with Mason and inform Mason of what my insurance company stated. Mason then stated, "I asked you for your insurance card and you gave me the other card." I looked at Mason and stated "correction, I gave you my insurance card and you stated that you needed a different card, so stop lying and twisting what actually occurred." By this time the pharmacist comes from around his hole in the back and begins arguing with me and tell me that I needed to get the insurance on the phone because what I was telling him was not true?

At this point I go outside to call my insurance and explain the situation. Per my insurance they stated, "you have met your deductible and there are NO COPAYS, the other card they requested is ONLY for MAIL ORDER requests." I explained to the pharmacist that I should know as I am the insured and have been utilizing my benefits. The pharmacist was quite indignant, confrontational and kept repeating that he had been a pharmacist for 10 years, so he know everything??? So, I did let him know that I would be reporting him, his response was "ok go ahead." What a pickle! I turned around and left. CVS is HORRIBLE! And this was a different CVS from my FIRST GHASTLY EXPERIENCE!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Had surgery on September 13. Was prescribed 10 mg of ** but received 80mg. Lost three days... Memory a bit off. Sweated at night for two weeks or more. I had to contact their HQ’s because I had not heard anything until this past week. Have been offered a small settlement but thought it would be next day mail correspondence after waiting six weeks and myself having to call them in RI. Louise is the person handling this and not too well... Should I have an attorney? I have suicidal tendencies and have 9... 80 mg of ** in my possession??? Deadly.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

What is wrong with CVS (York and Fairmont in Towson, MD)? They have called me for years when a prescription wasn't ready. I even waited an extra day to give them time to fill something knowing how they are now. They don't have it and say they have never had my phone number! I have used them for many years but I'm transferring to Walgreens. In the past they called me every day, incessantly if I didn't pick up right away. Now they argued that they have never had my number.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I will never step foot into the CVS in Chesterfield at 23 Mile and Callens again. My insurance says that CVS is their preferred pharmacy. I have 6 prescriptions. All of them except one are 90 day supply. The other is 60 day and brand new. Less than 2 weeks after I got the new 60 day prescription their system would text me everyday, sometimes twice a day wanting me to renew that prescription even though I had 2 refills. I spoke with them and they said to call when I needed the prescription since it is very common. I called when I had a couple days left and they said it would be ready in 2 hours. I arrived in 4 hours and they said they were out of the medication.

Numerous times over the past 3.5 years they have refilled 90 day prescriptions after 30 days. They put them back after 2 weeks. Then when my prescription on auto-refill would normally be ready I would get a text saying it was ready for pick up. I would arrive to pick it up that day or the next day and they would tell me it was put away 45 days prior. Most of the people that work there don't seem to care about their jobs or the customers. A friend of mine had strep throat and was prescribed an antibiotic. She picked it up and thankfully her boyfriend looked at the bottle because they gave her a strong anti-seizure medication by mistake. As I share my story with that store, people share their horror stories. It is amazing they haven't been shut down.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

My Doctor sends scripts. They never receive it... Time and time again. I am on all sorts of medication for cancer and related illness. I am running back and forth to CVS every 2-3 days. They were suppose to enroll me in some sort of sync-script program but it clearly isn't working. It never occurred to me until reading it here that the game is, they want you to constantly come back to buy their over-priced products while you are there. I really have enough to deal with without having to worry about tracking down my scripts. They put out all the local small places out of business. We need some government intervention. It appears the reviews of the other large chain pharmacy is just as bad.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I won't go into the details but PLEASE read this: When you go to ANY CVS pharmacy, PLEASE get the name of the "pharmacist" attending to you. Write down their name, date & time to make them accountable of THEIR mistakes, it's the only way for them to be held accountable. Specifically this CVS Pharmacy - 13749 SW 144 PL Miami, FL 33177 - 305-255-2893 (Store #03672) is VERY, VERY, VERY bad. Their pharmacy supervisor even hangs on you when you are trying to help them fix THEIR mistake. I would return to Publix Pharmacy but unfortunately I had to change medical plan and I got stuck with this CVS.

I've called CVS Company at 1-800-746-7287 to complain and I get these really nice girls Janice, Adriana, etc. and they say they will relate the problem to the leadership team. I would of prefer to get a personal call from the leadership team to tell them that they have a very SERIOUS problem at this CVS Pharmacy. It seems that the leadership team did get on it and this CVS Pharmacy fixed the problem but boy did I have to raise hell and energy to get them fix THEIR mistake. PLEASE take heart to what I'm advising you. Remember it's your medication which will affect your health.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Fill 1 prescription at a time so you will buy other things ok for someone but for handicap setting in line, spending gas money to be hustle and sick to call yesterday about prescriptions. Today they are expired so they have to call DR but last week told me they would be ready tomorrow so I go back. Sell me 2 different prescriptions so today expired. This is to keep my lungs from filling with water. Once I got home I cancel prescription. I think the hassle outweighs the medicine. CVS Greenfield IN 46140 this has been routine scene. I agreed to 3 mo refill and once I did my medicine was at CVS in Indpls. When your lungs fill with water you can die and limited money gas cost. CVS should be require to add to cost of med if you have to go 3 or 4 times. CVS is the highest price prescriptions and take advantage of the disabled. Class action? I think so.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs