CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5
Based on 3,274 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 6, 2020

The pharmacist are always helpful and very professional (** and **) as well as all the other staff. Especially the lady with "red hair". She always greets customers with a smile and always extends herself for us. This time she helped me find diabetic cough syrup. They always try to save me money. The guy that waited on me yesterday was very helpful and in such a "jolly" mood. It spilled over on me. What a great team in the store and the pharmacy at this CVS 11120 Patterson Ave 23238.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have lived in many cities and tried many other pharmacies. I keep coming back to CVS. I think a lot of their success is their excellent online system for ordering and tracking prescriptions. It makes taxes a lot easier at the end of the year, but better than that, I can monitor my medications and order refills on my own. One of the newest features they have is that when you are ordering a refill, they will let you know if the manufacturer offers a coupon discount for the medication, and they tell you where and how to get it BEFORE you place your order. This has saved me a bunch of out-of pocket cash, that I still get credit for from my insurance company.

The staff at my store in El Cajon, CA is exceptional. They are all friendly, personable and happy. Even when the line gets long on the weekends, everyone behind the counter (including the pharmacist), jumps onto a register and cleans the line up in minutes. I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes and there are 5-million people living here in San Diego area. We wait in long lines for everything. But at least at CVS they get the lines cleaned up quickly.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

CVS Pharmacy-Airline Hwy. Destrehan, La. Several experiences over the past year, was always a pain to deal with but this year the pharmacy is 100% improved over the past few years and has become a pleasure to deal with. The only CVS problem remaining are the ones from the main office with text messages and doing auto refills without authorization. The store was recently remodeled and now looks like a first place drug store with friendly people and now welcoming views. Thanks to those that made these changes!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

Best pharmacists ever at Escondido South store in San Diego. I have been coming here for over two years and want to let everyone know how kind, thoughtful and caring my two pharmacists Nancy and Hugh have been during that time. They know me by name and have consistently delivered stellar service and never fail to act in my best interest and the best interest of my health with my prescriptions and advice on those prescriptions. It is a very busy pharmacy but they have always made me feel that they had time for me and my questions. They are to be commended. Thank you for all you do for me.

Original review: July 26, 2019

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. The staff probably 4 at least was great. I picked up a prescription of Diabetes test strips in April. The charge was $16.64 (I knew it should be $0.00). I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks. 5 weeks later the check arrived explaining that it was a credit for an overpayment. I sat on it until that same prescription was due for refill. When the cashier told me that it would be $16.64 I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks just like this one and showed her the check. I then asked her if I could use that CVS check to pay for the refill. She told me that she could not accept the check.

I asked her if that was because they do not trust checks from CVS because CVS was not a good and trusted corporation. THAT GOT SOME ATTENTION. I then explained that I would not mind paying the $16.64 with my credit card and depositing the check, but I thought I might be able to save CVS $50 or 60 dollars if she was able to find the error and prevent the expense of repeating the check refund process. I explained the bank charge for the credit card, the auditor's expense, the accounting department personnel reviewing and confirming the error, The accounting department sending to the accounts payable department. the accounts payable personnel reviewing and verifying the payment and verifying the mailing address and then approving it, the expense of having a check printed, the expense of putting the check into an envelope and mailing it.

By the time I had gone through that I could see her gears another associate, the pharmacist, and manager gears all cranking. I ADDED that if I was deposit the check in my bank there would probably be some expense involved in processing the check and getting CVS to forward the money to my bank so that they could credit my account. At this point the committee spoke and the manager asked if could make a copy of the letter which had accompanied the check. I NATURALLY said, "Of course. Please do." She assured me that she would not make a copy of the check. I replied "Feel free to copy it. I am not afraid of you knowing who CVS banks with or having information about CVS."

After some discussion it was determined that the problem was probably caused by a policy which does not allow CVS to recognize and bill supplemental Insurance plans. I asked if they had many customers who might be old enough to be on Medicare and might use a supplemental plan. Before I left I promised them that I would be back in three months with another check from CVS for $16.64 to see if it could then be used to pay for the new refill.

BTW I will not feel bad if this review is not published. After an extensive search I was not able to find a place to send a message to customer care so I hope that this information gets forwarded to them. IF THIS SITE WERE TO ASK for a star rating I would give the staff at CVS 5 stars. HAS ANYONE BOTHERED TO READ the paragraph below? I am checking it in spite of the wording which would prohibit any all customers of CVS from checking if they had ever made a purchase "business relationship with this organization". Have your corporate lawyers seen that?

Original review: July 8, 2020

July 2nd in the morning I called the CVS pharmacy inside Schnucks at 5055 Arsenal and asked that mine and my wife's prescriptions be shipped. They took my credit card and said they'd send them right away 1-2 day via USPS. I understood that the holiday could cause me to have to wait till Monday to get the delivery. That was OK.

At 3:00 pm Monday when the delivery had not arrived I called the pharmacy. The young man I spoke with apologized and told me that they had not gotten my delivery out the previous week but that it had been noticed and taken care of earlier that day. He confirmed to me that my prescriptions had been shipped earlier Monday and apologized for the oversight. I discovered later he was lying.

On Wednesday at 4:00 pm (I'm now out of medication that I need to take this evening) I called the pharmacy to again inquire. They had me wait a moment and then came back and said tracking indicated it would arrive on Thursday. I asked if I could have that tracking number and they gave it to me. Using the tracking number I discovered that the shipping label was created there at the pharmacy on Monday at 3:26 pm -- after I had called. My prescriptions did not ship earlier that day. In fact they were not picked up by USPS until 4:54 pm the next day, Tuesday. I think it is a very bad thing for pharmacy employees to be dishonest.

Original review: July 8, 2020

I got a CoVid19 drive-through test because I am a healthcare worker AND have at-risk people in my life. I was told 1-3 days for processing. The appointments ran late, they had my email wrong, the box to put the samples in was overflowing. Then I never got the link to get my results. I assume the girl never corrected my email even though I told her it was wrong and gave her the correct one.

When I called I was told it was now 5-7 days for results, and NO ONE could help me get the link sent. It was always someone else's department. I was kept on hold for hours and moved from place to place. Finally got a call today and they left a message, stating they were re-sending the link. EVERY person I have talked to I have told the email is WRONG. They didn't listen. There was no contact information to return the call, I was just told that if they noticed I haven't pick up my results in a week or so, they will call back again "sometime." Oh, and when I tried to leave a review on their site it was deleted with a message that I should leave a "valid" review.

Original review: July 1, 2020

Took my 90 yo father for test... nothing that followed was done right! Got no results on MyChart and no results sent to his doctor as they were supposed to do! Then you try to find out ANYTHING thru their Customer Service, what a damn joke! On hold, on hold, on hold, finally get someone and no answer, dead end...Next stab at it, repeat same process, dead end... One told me I’d get a phone call from a big shot... Never happened.... Have never had such a frustrating experience IN MY LIFE! Made me so upset, wanted to scream or cry or both... I had 3 days of this... Unbelievable how a company can be SO BAD!!!

Original review: June 25, 2020

I went for a test 7 days ago and the result is still not posted. You would imagine with the state of affairs right now they would move their butt. Another thing the drop off was a nightmare. Everything was overflowing. I had to push the package inside and in doing so I touched numerous active swabs. I will probably get COVID because of CVS than anything else.

Original review: June 21, 2020

I have been trying for weeks now to order basic supplies (razors, Tums, toothpaste) online from CVS to no avail. They send me coupons and deals (and as a CarePass customer I get free shipping), I click on them, place an order, get an order receipt confirmation, and seconds later, a cancellation notice. The notice blames the virus and says they are out of stock. The website says otherwise. I think they have finally realized that they are losing money on these "deals" that they offer (toothpaste for $2.50?) and they cancel orders with losses. Or maybe they just don't like me. Anyone else having this problem?

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team