CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.2/5 (702 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The CVS in York is horrible. They do not answer the phone, they simply ignore it, and admit that. The staff is rude. They told me Saturday (in person-the pharmacist himself) my refill would be ready Monday. It was not ready at 5:00pm, no call to tell me they were out of it. I can't call to inquire because they don't answer their phones! Waited in line 15 minutes to find out they don't have it. Nothing remotely like an apology-just "It's not my fault". I've used them over 10 years, and countless times they have made mistakes, been rude, contradict themselves or flat out lie. As of today, I moved all my prescriptions elsewhere. Others should avoid this terrible store. Ironically, they have a big sign that says "Pharmacists that care." That is NOT true. While typing this I have been on hold with the corporate feedback line for over 12 minutes!!!! At the top, they also don't care.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I scheduled a Covid test for traveling. The first one I took was on a Saturday, Monday I still did not receive results. Monday I scheduled a rapid test. I sat outside for two hours waiting to be told they would not do my rapid test because I on the website I inadvertently hit the wrong button. After talking to three different people over the course of two hours. They turned me away, they were rude and had absolutely no sympathy for the time that I was sitting there or the action that they did not take. Stay away from big businesses and use the local mom and pop shops. They are always more personable and they get things done!!!! CVS 1 Old Kings Rd S, Palm Coast, FL 32137. Stay CLEAR!!!!

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

The pharmacy would not not give me price without a call from my doctor. The CVS pharmacy told me that with my CVS card I will only pay deductible. After my Doctor called them, they still would not give me the price until checkout. The price was $120 and they charge me $60x 3 = $180. I went there to return the bottles without opening them. But they refused to give my money back. Costco wants $20 for this.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! I recently purchased 2 Covid19 test kits at a price of $83.06. After it was announced that the federal government would be sending kits to consumers at no cost, I returned to the store 3 days later for a refund of the unopened boxes. Even though CVS return policy guarantees a refund within 60 days for non prescription purchases, I was refused a refund. Any business is a risk reward situation. CVS miscalculated the government response to the situation and is practicing POOR customer service/relations policy by passing the responsibility for their mistake on to loyal customers like myself. Eating the cost of the covid test kit inventory is THEIR cost of doing business NOT the consumer's. I've shopped at CVS for over 20 years. I'm a loyal CVS customer. I will refrain from doing so ever again. Social media can be a powerful resource. Word of mouth is a powerful influence.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Best Covid breeding place ever! Stood in line at the pharmacy counter line with at least 15 other customers while the pharmacy was staffed with 1 person at the register and 6 people fumbling around with hundreds of prescriptions scattered around the small area. I waited in line for 15 minutes and when I finally spoke to the person at the register, I was told my prescription was not ready but she’d expedite things. I was told to wait at least another 15 minutes.

I immediately asked for the store manager (**); at that point, the other 2 registers were staffed with 2 employees who amongst the group sorting through mounds of prescription. The line started to move. When I spoke with **, I expressed my concerns, he graciously answered/responded to the issues that I pointed out. He informed me that he had 8 employees out due to Covid and I commented - well, the risks increases when so many people are grouped into a small area. I won’t be returning to CVS 14220 Schleisman Rd, Eastvale, CA 92880. There are too many pharmacy choices in the area that’ll make me feel that I’m served better and won’t take my business for granted. Don’t waste your time going to CVS!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My wife and I, we are 75, could have received a call from the pharmacist that our diabetic medication is finally ready and, having had a good previous experience, I asked the pharmacist by name about every medication if there would be any problems and time if it was better to pick up the order. The next day we were told to come up for 15 minutes and we received part of the order, then we were expecting one more medication. As a result, we were forced to wait for more than two hours and everything was supported by abuse and outright groaning on the part of the staff, especially from supervisor Tina.

At home, we found out that touch lancets alone are not compatible and we are forced to return the next day. I repeat again, everything went through in a mocking manner. I have to called customer relation twice and asked for help, they promised someone woold call back 24-48 hrs., but no one called. Asked my doctor redirect the prescription to Walgreens, and today my wife received medication. Better to stay away from CVS.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

They do not answer their phone. People aren't calling the pharmacy to chit chat - we are generally calling to get or give info about life saving or life altering medications. They either leave you on hold for up to an hour and a half before answering or hanging up on you or - they just hang up on you. Unsat! The CVS insurance company and pharmacy monopoly needs to be broken up. Unbelievable.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Worst CVS in Wauwatosa. Ordered my prescriptions online, paid for online, get to the pharmacy the drive-thru is closed. Call the pharmacy and said they were short-handed and could not Give me my paid prescriptions through the drive-thru that I had to come in and pick up my drugs. I stated that I am a high risk for covid. That's why I use CVS drive-thru. She said she couldn't help me and was very rude. Did not offer to send them through the mail. Tried calling back line was always busy or when I got through got disconnected. For being a premium pharmacy I think their customer service skills suck

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

Absolutely the most incompetent, rude, lazy, and undertrained staff literally anywhere. This CVS incorrectly filed my prescription with an old insurance that I did not even have in 2019 by searching my name through some database only they use instead of running my correct insurance. It took numerous phone calls and 3 days of hassle back then to straighten it out. Went to Urgent Care tonight and was diagnosed with untreated Strep that has spread through my system causing secondary infection and rash.

They sent 4 prescriptions to this CVS to try to get them filled tonight because of how much it is spreading and what do they do but repeat the exact same error from 2 years ago and lock up my insurance again. When I advised the pharmacist that they did this before and nowhere else has any issues the male "pharmacist", who very unprofessionally looked like a lumberjack who just got out of bed, got an attitude with me stating, "we'll see" when I asked him to send it to Walmart. Every single person in the pharmacy here needs to be fired. Also, why does only this CVS have some system that pulls up insurance you don't even have??

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Booked Covid booster appointment some time in advance. Got to the store early as requested only to be greeting by a sign saying they were out until 13:30, then, after a 20 minute wait, was told no vaccines were available until Friday. Staff were deliberately unhelpful and evasive. This is not the only CVS Pharmacy where I have received negligible, incorrect or timewasting interactions so assume it must have endemic management and organizational problems.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information