1.31/5
Based on 168 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1729 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

CVS used to be the pharmacy of choice. However, in the past 2 years the level of customer service has dropped to zero, the website is a waste of time, the pharmacy staff at Blandon PA are unable or unwilling to help with problems, and corporate doesn't seem to have a clue. Over the past year I have been trying to remove my scripts from their ReadyFill program. Might be good for some but I sometimes forget to take a pill and I don't need the scripts refilled every 21-30 days. On several occasions I removed some of the scripts from ReadyFill via the website, only to have them magically reappear on the ReadyFill list 2 months later. No one at CVS can explain this. Now, I have one script that cannot be removed from the ReadyFill program. Again, no one at CVS can explain this. I need to manage the refills on my own. I know when the little pill bottle is empty. From what I've seen on this website, my only choice is to find another pharmacy.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Where do I begin... The staff are highly untrained. They do not know what they are doing. When I first chose CVS I was unaware that they are not an accredited company. So it makes perfect sense that they fail at their jobs and have no penalties for such failures. I take Insulin. Most common regular people know how important insulin is for diabetics to have to survive. The pharmacy worker asked me what it was for. He asked me! I am now going on 4 months without it being filled because the CVS Worker changed my script amt to 90 day supply (as a courtesy for my ‘benefit’ of course) and that change kicked it out of my insurance coverage. And now they tell me to call my insurance company. So I do and ins says it’s pharmacy error. I tell CVS that and they say, "Call your ins company." Thank God for the black market or I’d be dead because of CVS!

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Pharmacy at CVS at Coit & Alpha, Dallas, TX - I don't understand how CVS has a pharmacy license. The pharmacy personnel at the location I unfortunately went to (3 times now) intentionally lie about when a prescription is filled and are rude. I was supposed to have a prescription filled yesterday but got a notice very late in the day saying they did not have the medicine to make the drops and that they would let me know. This is unacceptable; I was out of the drops and need them for glaucoma.

I called them today and they said they now the medicine and the drops would be ready after midday. Ok, so I went in around 12:30 pm and the lady said, "Wait. We are now trying to get authorization again for this medicine." I called my insurance prescription contact and was told that authorization had already been provided. I looked up and lo and behold there's my prescription. I will never go to another CVS again for prescriptions. I don't trust them anymore. They are liars and should not be dispensing medications. I had no idea such people could be in charge of putting together medicines. This cannot be legal. I just pray they did not do something to my eye drops.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have been working with CVS Specialty Pharmacy since my son was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in November of 2017. As part of the protocol he has to take daily injections of ** provided by CVS Specialty Pharmacy. As of today, they have yet to send the needed medication in a timely fashion. I should have known this was going to be a problem when the first batch arrived 2 days late. I was encouraged by the pharmacy to not use the app in the future but only email. I did. It didn't make a difference. The next individual I spoke to on the next occasion encouraged me not to use the email but to call in each month's order by phone. I did. It didn't help. 5 days ago I called in his most recent order. It didn't help. Today they called to verify a credit card that they verified 5 days ago. And when I called the first time this morning, at their request, the billing department wouldn't even speak with me because of HIPAA.

Thankfully an employee named Sheri was most helpful, worked with me directly rather than send me back to billing, verified the card that had already been verified 5 days later and told me that the order would be processed today and I would receive it in a couple of days. When I informed her that was not going to suffice as my son needed the medication today, she spoke with a supervisor, got approval for the same day order, and politely listened to me share/rant how I would not be using CVS Specialty Pharmacy if I ever have a choice in the matter. One mistake I get. Two maybe. 7 months later and you are still making the same incompetent mistakes? That's a systemic issue that well trained customer relations employees can never address. Now I wait to see if his medication actually shows up this afternoon.

Original review: June 13, 2018

There's a ** gal working at CVS in Selma Alabama and she's very rude to me and my family, she is very ugly acting, that is just unprofessional to treat my 69 year old mother. She will tell you it takes 45 minutes to a hour to fill a prescription but if she not there, they tell me only 15 minutes top and it's ready. She is very, very rude. I don't know her name and don't want to. But if you visit there you will know who I'm talking about. She is going to cause I know 3 people to change to Walgreens. Have already been to Walgreens just to get one prescription and they were very apperation and friendly and ask me to come back, you don't hear that at CVS, exceptionally if Todd not there. I have the most respect for, he will make you feel like a customer not a burden like some of them do, when Todd leaves - we leave!!! If not before!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 12, 2018

I recently met Wendy ** in Wethersfield, CT who helped me with some complexion issues. I have multiple brown "age spots", freckles and uneven areas of coloration which were worsening and causing me increasing discomfort in public. I actually met Wendy prior to receiving treatment for pre-cancerous skin cells. I told her about this and said I would return following healing. She remembered me and first asked what I wanted to achieve. After a discussion of my situation she then addressed the problems. She asked me about the frequency of makeup use, the importance of the effect, any routine use of beauty products and my degree of dedication to certain methods. She immediately brought out just the products I needed. She demonstrated their use then had me do further application. I brought in all my makeup items and we were able to use some of them. She gave me advice on different eye effects using my own items.

She was a big help to me in restoring my confidence in my facial appearance and teaching me about facial care. That's hard to do on 76 year old skin! I bought some products then and will be completing my purchases this week using coupons and sale opportunities. She told me how long she has worked for your company and I see why she is a valued employee. She is great with people, supportive without being pushy and informative in the best instructor's way. I will recommend her services at every opportunity. I am very happy with the results of my time with Wendy.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was in the pharmacy with my mom. I’m a nurse practitioner and had several questions regarding my mom’s medications. A pharmacist named Steven **... I guess he’s the manager, went over the counseling very fast and just read the directions... we know how to read too. I asked him several questions and he didn’t know the answer. He started making up reason and guessing and actually Googling his phone. I got so frustrated because people’s lives are between the hand of those uneducated pharmacists who are there just to make money. I would suggest the upper heads in the company either to train him or at least to let him know that it’s ok to say I don’t know some times. At least we could’ve trusted him and not just making up facts that turned to be wrong. Steven ** needs to review each case specially in elder people because it’s a huge responsibility to be a pharmacist and standing there providing people with the wrong information.

Original review: June 12, 2018

CVS Minute Clinic 18351 W. 119th Street, Olathe, KS - Scheduled an appointment to have a ** injection (which is listed on the CVS Minute Clinic website as a service they provide). After waiting about 40 minutes, the nurse practitioner took me back into her room. The nurse practitioner at this site informed me that she "cannot" administer ** and referred me to another Minute Clinic where the NP can administer it. When I started asking ** what kind of additional credentials she needed to administer the ** injection I found out that not administering ** was actually her "personal choice" (her choice of words-not mine). ** informed me that she “will not” administer any type of birth control because it could cause an abortion and this is against her religious beliefs.

I fully respect that everyone is entitled to his or her own beliefs. However, if your beliefs do not alight with the services your employer (a publically traded company) offers you should find a different employer who has beliefs that align with your beliefs. Paying customers should not have to drive across town and wait in line again to accommodate your beliefs. #CVS #CVSMinuteClinic #NoContraceptionatCVSMinuteClinic

Original review: June 11, 2018

I am visiting Massachusetts for about four weeks. I visited the CVS Pharmacy at 177 Main St in Gloucester, MA Wednesday, May 6th and spoke with the pharmacist **. He told me that I could not fill my script because it needed to be filled within 5 days of being written. "Okay, I get it but I still need the medication, what can we do so that I can get it filled..." He was very dismissive and made me feel like I was doing something unlawful. After a long period of time he agreed to contact my doctor... I didn’t feel confident that he was going to actually make the call. I left, sent a message for my doctor and he responded the same day saying he would fax it over or send it through EMR. I never heard from CVS.

On Monday, Jun 11th I went in and spoke with the pharmacist, the name she gave me was “**”, that’s all she would give me!! She told me I was acting outside Massachusetts law and returned the script to me. Refused to help me in any way and continued on a phone call and barely looked in my direction to answer my questions. It was humiliating and downright nasty. And the worst part is that I don’t think she’s accurate... I was not trying to break any laws and if she looked at my history she would see that. So I have yet to fill my script and will be going to a different pharmacy for sure!!

Original review: June 11, 2018

When picking up my prescription at CVS drive thru, in Staten Island on Arthur Kill Rd I had the misfortune of getting Christian as my Cashier. I had questions about my order and the cost. He was very rude and condescending. When I told him he was rude and condescending and argued that he wasn’t. Very Nasty person who is clearly unhappy with his job. I will not deal with him again.

Original review: June 3, 2018

My CVS pharmacy is very clean. The ones who give me my meds know me by my name. Always ask me if I have any questions about my meds. The ones who are at the front say hi as soon as I enter the store. After I have made my purchase they ask if I found everything I needed.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Worst pharmacy in New Milford NJ - I have been picking up my prescriptions from this CVS for the last couple of years, but today was the worst. I had a prescription called in on Sunday May 28 at 2:45; that was the time marked outside the bag. I got a text today Tuesday May 29, at 11:45am. In the past I always got a text as soon as it was ready, but to wait 2 days later to get the text with no excuse and when I get there the technician is playing with her kids. She should be fired. If she wants to play with her kids go home.

If your policy is to text the patient when the medicine is ready just do that. It’s just a text. People come to get their medicine because they are sick, not to see some tech not take their jobs serious. Give the patient what they need, get them out of the store and then play with your kids or play on your phone, nobody cares. Now I have to find a new pharmacy, my health is important to me like her kids are important to her. Fire her, and the head pharmacist. I will keep working on it. They think they are untouchable. Not a good store policy. What happened to capable people. CVS NEEDS TO ADDRESS THIS.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Spencer, MA. 28 April 18, 11:00 AM. Well, my recent dealings with CVS are a headache bar none. In the ever increasing effort to boost the bottom line the following has happened to me. Last Monday I received an automated call at 8:30 AM, informing me a script needed to be renewed. Did I want it? Press one, which I did, it did not say what it was and I was half asleep, I sleep until 10:00- 10-30 AM. Friday I was informed it was ready with several others. I went and picked them up, when home I looked at each to see which were mine or my daughters, that is when I saw this one was a mistake, I was given this script a month ago for Lyme disease a one shot deal, no refills given or needed. I called the pharmacy about it, and said I wanted to return it, they said , "Sorry, no."

Now, I pick up scripts at least once or twice a week, between us about 30 scripts total are registered there. I don't always look at what they are while there, even the ones I have to pay for out of pocket. This one was $96.00 out of pocket. I called corporate an hour ago, got a call taker and explained the situation, he said corp policy is once in my hands I eat it. He also said he would forward the complaint up the chain, and to expect a call sometime in the next few days. So now I need to hand around a wait for some pencil neck to tell me sorry, I own it. The scripts total several thousands of dollars a month to them, most covered by insurance. They will see all transferred to another pharmacy if they do not resolve this.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I'm on a cancer drug that causes a host of unpleasant side effects, so the one daily cancer pill I take causes me to take around 8 other prescriptions to counter side effects of the cancer pill. Certain drugs need to be taken on empty stomach, some with food, and some multiple times in a day so keeping them organized was a huge challenge. CVS's multi dose packaging was at first a Godsend. One small pharmacy location in Virginia organized all my Rxs in nicely labeled packets. I no longer missed doses and going out of town for a few days was so easy, I just needed to unroll the days that I needed instead of packing everything. Everything was great --- Until the service got popular. With growth come changes.

While the Virginia location still handles the actually packaging of the medications all customer service related activities are handled in another state. Since the new system has been implemented I've been in a huge battle with CVS incompetence and inability to let me speak to anyone who is competent. The initial issue was a vital ** medication being left out of the multi-dose packaging. I called the 1-800 # and after 15 minutes of holds and transfers I spoke to a technician about the issue, leaving the call expecting the missed medication would be in the mail.

A few days later with no Rx yet I called the 800 # again, waited on hold, transferred a few times and was told that they'd transfer the Rx to my local store. A few hours later I went to the store. Not only did they not have it ready yet, but that they never received the request from the call center. So, back into the phone queue. 45 minutes later I was once again assured that the Rx was transferred, and later that day I was able to finally get my prescription.

Fast forward a week, the local CVS store calls me to confirm a prescription that should be with the Multi-dose mail order team. I go through the phone tree again and spoke to a friendly Tech who transferred the drug back to the mail-order side. While on the call I asked about the original issue, the **, to make sure that was going to be included in my next multi-dose pack -- and it wasn't. I asked repeatedly to speak with a manager and was denied. I then contacted customer service on Facebook and a few hours later was told that they take these matters seriously and that I'd be getting a call.

Now 3 days later, I haven't gotten any call. I've since just called a smaller pharmacy, with 20 employees total, who wants my business and started the arduous job of transferring all of my prescriptions to the new company. CVS sells you on their huge network, and the ability in an emergency/error that you can go to the local store - however they've grown too big and too inefficient, and frankly do not care about their customers. If you have any local or small pharmacies left in your area I encourage you to seek them out.

Original review: May 12, 2018

Mt Ephraim NJ Pharmacy!! Awful!! Never have mine or my husband's meds on time. We have to wait not just 1 day but 6 days or more for ours. We started getting our meds on the 10th. Now we have to wait till the 19th. So I called today & said, "My husband will be in the 19th. Can you please order his meds..." I was told NO! I said my husband is 85. We are both cancer patients. Not just pain meds, Any meds. We go to the store, they never call and nothing there. I called today & was told by Dennis we can go to another, not CVS, any pharmacy. They are rude, incompetent. I give Christmas gifts every year... You just can't be nice calling my insurance to see where else we can go & Monday morning calling corporate office. FED UP!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I'm in the midsts of a real couponing battle with my local CVS stores as well as district managers. Basically, stores are not following corporate policy of accepting one mfr coupon per item, they just see two coupons and refuse, point blank, to take more than one. They just say "all the stores are doing it" even though I point out that it is not policy (the very policy which is posted at each register! And is posted on CVS's website). When I contact customer service and am referred to district managers, I am given a real run around by those "supposed" leaders of these stores, with no good explanation for why this continues to happen.

I'm also being told that corporate is now interpreting the language on coupons that says "per purchase" as meaning "a transaction". I know this is not correct because CVS defines a transaction on its own website as multiple purchases within a transaction. CVS is trying to pull the fleece over the eyes of consumers and it is bad business practice. Fake policies will not make return customers. I have been having this same issue happen at my local stores for over a year now. Very unhappy.

Original review: May 11, 2018

First off let me say that CVS use to be satisfactory and when I ordered my medication I got good customer service and meds as ordered with no problem. But that was about 4-5 years ago. Since then they have only been consistent in providing headaches with their terrible service and monthly excuses with why my medication isn’t there when they say it will be.

I take a controlled substance for uncontrolled epileptic seizures. And (this is not an exaggeration by any means), every single month without fail, I call my medication in, the automated service tells me that it will be ready, my mom goes to pick it up, I have some crazy hope that I will actually get my medication (crazy me, I know), and every month my mom calls me letting me know their excuse why they don’t have it. So I call my Doctor, she calls a new prescription in, I wait a few days and have plenty of seizures in the meantime. It’s a vicious monthly cycle.

Yes we have changed CVS’s hoping one would be better than the other but they are now all the same. My Dr informed me at one of my last visits that she had been sending the faxes over to them for 5 refills but CVS was blocking that number out. So my Dr gave me a copy of what she was giving them. Seems like what they are doing is illegal and I’m not getting all my medication at Walgreens. They can’t be any worse!

Original review: May 9, 2018

CVS pharmacy continually tries to refill my prescriptions with a 90 day supply - which would not save me any money. I told them I do not want a 90 day supply in the past. One of my prescriptions had 2 refills left on it until 7/16/18 and when I went on their website to order a refill I noticed that there were none, but a new refill was called in to my dr. and they proceeded without asking me to fill it at a 90 day supply.

I called them and told them I do not want a 90 day supply and also asked what happened to the 2 refills I had left on my old prescription, the pharmacist told me they were deleted due to inactivity. Are you kidding me- they not only couldn't try to fill it at 90 day supply because I had only 2 refills left, but deleted the 2 I had remaining and went about calling my dr. for a new prescription. So you ask yourself - if they didn't think I was using the medicine anymore because it was inactive WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY CALL THE DOCTOR FOR A NEW PRESCRIPTION! Greed thats why! I will go about transferring my prescriptions to Stop and Shop and be done with CVS and their tactics. I also filed a report with the Bureau of Health Professions Licensure due to their deleting 2 refills that I still had. This CVS is located in Lynn, Ma.

Original review: May 9, 2018

CVS has a policy to automatically renew and update drugs you no longer need, even when a customer repeatedly requests to be taken off the lists and calls... AND says NO to CVS callers who ask. I am moving all drugs to another pharmacy.

Original review: May 8, 2018

This CVS store #3562 is clean and well located. Unfortunately I have had several experiences at this CVS and moved prescriptions elsewhere in the past. CVS is the preferred pharmacy with my new insurance so I thought I give them 1 more try (it been a while, might be better - NOT!)... Doctor sent a prescription to CVS, it was filled at a cash price. When I went to pick it up I gave her my insurance card and asked her to run to see the insurance price. She got annoyed, acted like it was a big deal, said she would have to completely rerun the prescription and asked "do I still want her to run under my insurance". I said, "Yes, I wanted to know the insurance price." After 5-10 minutes, she said it would not go through, and asked my primary insurance. I told her this was my primary Part-D insurance. She gave up and I paid the cash price since it was my only choice.

I went home called the insurance company, they checked and it run as secondary insurance (not primary), and told me the copay price (which was less than 1/3 of cash price I paid). So I went back to CVS, the girl who ran it transaction was getting ready to leave and would not talk. Another person who was polite (for a change) checked the insurance and said it went through fine. But, he could not rerun it until the pharmacist comes back from break in 15-20 min. Please come back then. That did it!! So I asked for the manager, and asked that he just refund the entire transaction (I no longer wanted to deal with this CVS). He did not give me a refund but finally rerun at the correct price (at the cost of 45-50 minutes of my time). In the past the pharmacy staff has been rude and unhelpful. Today was no different, I will avoid this CVS in the future. May change insurance in the fall. CVS just does not care!

Original review: May 6, 2018

I went to pick up my order and was ask by the head Pharmacist at Villa Park CVS why I needed to take the medicine that I was given by my doctor. (In front of other customers.) This is in direct violation of HIPAA law. She ask if I had back pain and if I was going to stop using another med as a result. It is not her business what my doctor and I have worked out on my condition. I am filing a formal complaint about this with the state of IL. I hope that if my medicine is refilled I will be spared these questions in front of other paying customers again. This is the third time at this CVS that I had to answer personal questions regarding my health upon refills. I am a productive member of the community with the resources to bring a suit if necessary.

Original review: May 2, 2018

Today I called their customer service (888#) and they solved my problem with an online purchase. I can't complain but only say thank you! The staff was very courteous and professional thinking on customers first. Definitely, I want to buy more times on CVS online store.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I went to this location only because they are the one who except Amerigroup for my son insurance to only find out that that prescription is not covered by Amerigroup. I stay in the drive already for about 25 minutes and then got to the window and they claimed that they couldn’t find my son prescription and that I have to come on the inside. I’m like, "What’s the different between my getting the prescription on the inside versus the drive. If it’s in the system you gonna see it regardless." So the head lady assuming the manager threatening to call the police on me because I didn’t want to move from out the line when I had already waited 25 mins in the drive and wanted me to come on the inside or drive back around. I told her I wasn’t going to do neither. So a talon mg make cake to the window and asked nicely for me to come on in and that it would be quickly. And that they was understaff.

So I did I went inside then I gets inside to only find out that my prescription was more than what they told me on the phone. I had called before I came and they told me one price in the phone and then another when I get inside. So I asked why was that so. To make a long story short I was upset because I had to get loud for the lady not understand nor listening to me after threatening to call the police twice on me for only trying to get my prescription for my child and then lying saying that I was was cursing when I wasn’t. I was only loud.

She was just rude for the time she spoke to me at the drive thru line. I felt humiliated and disrespected the entire time. And to be honest I think she did it cause I was **. Just being overly dramatic wanting to call the police on me for being loud after she was being rude to me. I have never had no type of experience in my life. Even other customers said she was just doing too much and questioned her why she wouldn’t just give me my son meds. I would and will never go to this location in my life again and wouldn’t suggest for no one else to go her.

Original review: April 25, 2018

First, last fall, my “refill is ready” notices was changed to text rather than phone, then I was badgered into changing to 90 day prescriptions, I cannot get them to stop contacting my physician for refills (need blood work) even when responding No. In fairness I was successful in getting one of my 4 prescriptions to a 30 day supply after many phone calls. All of this is controlled at corporate and can’t be edited locally or personalized. This is not about customer service. It’s about CVS profitability. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for CVS with a one size fits all approach to drug purchases, especially with the older population. Only one way to stop “automatic” - pull out and go to another pharmacy. So disappointing as I used to be a HUGE fan of CVS service back when it was personalized which as I recall is how they built their empire.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Back on Tuesday, April 17, 2018, I had purchased two (2) of their bottles of Blue Buddha Organic Wellness Tea at the CVS store located at 1843 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 (310) 558-0373 at approximately 9:30 a.m. and I bought the bottles for the sole purpose of my workout at the LA Fitness location just outside of the store.

Unfortunately, when I opened up one of the bottles, I ended up cutting my finger because one of the bottles had at least two (2) pieces of glass stuck to the bottle in two (2) different places. Furthermore, the glass obviously came from the side of the bottle and was not just put there out of the blue and yes, I did contact the manufacturer who told ME that all of their bottles are extremely well made and will not break, however, the question that still remains is how did the broken pieces of glass that cut and injured my finger get there?

Well according to the manufacturer this was caused by one and/or by several of your CVS Health Employees who were careless with their boxes and/or products and may have hit them against something during the transportation and/or movement process which could include throwing the boxes around and/or mishandling them.

In any case, CVS Health is 100% responsible for the cut on my finger because their employees have allowed other pieces of broken glass from their other products to land and/or remain on the Blue Buddha Organic Wellness Tea Bottle that I had purchased on that day! Please note: furthermore, during my experience with your product, I did not drop the bottle at all and I attempted to consume it during one of my workout classes at LA Fitness where the incident happened.

In Fact, I still have the bottle in my possession, including the two (2) pieces of glass that were connected to the bottle which I have kept in an envelope. Moving right along: When I finished my workout, I then made an immediate appointment to see the office of Doctor Dale ** and seen the Nurse Practitioner who took additional photos, made a report and gave me some ** antibiotic and alcohol prep to use for the next three (3) days.

Please NOTE: In addition: If you need the store receipt showing proof of purchase. My response: "I was in a rush to get to my workout class this morning and did not take the receipt with me, however, I did go right back to the store at around 12:00 p.m. that very same day and filed an Incident report with Mr. **, Store Manager and even he could see the broken pieces of glass on the bottle as well!"

Please note: I have already filed an very serious complaint with their Customer Relations Office and was only given a case number and no resolution was ever provided! Enclosed, in the attachments, please find pictures showing you my injury and pictures of the glass bottle showing you where the glass was located that caused my injury for your reference and further review. Since no resolution, nor response was ever properly provided, I therefore have no other recourse except to go to small claims court and solve it there! CVS Health has absolutely no respect, nor dignity for any of their customers and accepts no responsibility for any of their negligence!

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have been using this service for years and have not been happy but this is what comes with my medical insurance which is the Blue Cross / Blue Service Federal Employee program. They have just been very difficult to deal with on many levels. Service is simply not user friendly. Prior Authorization is a nightmare. Takes too long to get an answer and their refusals simple defy common sense. My most recent issue is that they change my insulin prescriptions from a 90 day supply to a 60 day supply. When I called I got an explanation that simply did not make sense. Avoid this company if you can.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have reordered my script for two months now, still they have not filled it, my doctor faxed over the script 3 times? This is almost May and I have been at this since March? It's for antibiotics for an ear infection. Are you serious? This location is run by inept people on North Reading Road in Ephrata PA. They put up cardboard signs saying, "drive thru is closed" when they don't wanna wait on customers? The store manager is a lazy woman. I NEED MY SCRIPT FILLED TO GET RID OF AN EAR INFECTION!!! I'll be deaf by time you fill it!!! There is no need, you are putting some people's lives in danger doing this. Next I will contact the Health Department and the Attorney General's office, if you don't or can't fill scripts don't offer a pharmacy.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have been using CVS pharmacy for years. We moved about 4 months ago and my son’s script was transferred to the local CVS. My son is ADHD and requires medicine to go to school. His doctor’s office does digital prescriptions. The doctor sent the prescription is as he had done the previous 3 months, and I received a phone call stating that they only had 15 of the 30 on his prescription and could not fill it for 9 days until they had a shipment the following week. The male on the phone informed me that I could pick up the 15 but it would forfeit the remainder of his script and they do not let the doctor’s office know that we did not pick up his entire prescription. Wait...What? So I asked where can I pick it up and they said another store may have it and gave me their number. I spoke to the doctor’s office and they sent in the script to the other CVS the next day.

When I called to check on it, they told me they did not have my son in the system as ever using CVS before and had no prescriptions for him. So back to the doctor’s office. While there, both the nurse and myself started calling CVS’s to see if anyone had 30 of his medicine in stock. The first one I called informed me they saw his prescription in the computer for another store but could not tell me if they could fill it or not because it was against Federal Law, which I told her I knew better than that and she then changed her story to it was against company policy. So I am supposed to have them send a script over he needs to go to school and then find out they do not have it and he misses another day of school? No. Meanwhile, the nurse gets through to the original pharmacy that now tells her they have it in stock all 30 but they require a paper prescription.

They have no record of anyone calling me and saying they only have 15. What?? So they wanted me to pick up half a script that was digitally sent in and lied about only having half of it and legally have to report only half of it was picked up and was told they do not do this. So where do the remaining 15 go?? Sounds like someone was trying to pocket his medicine which my son is required to have for school! I changed pharmacies and they had it ready same day after being digitally sent over. I don’t know what scam CVS was trying to pull but it seems like they were fishing for 2 prescriptions for medicine they had in stock! Very very dangerous ground there. This could come back on us and mess with his health and education! They are a very shady company that seems to change policy to whatever works for them.

And they never asked for verification of who I was when they called me. Which is illegal. This has happened repeatedly with other people who also use CVS. They will call and ask about your prescription without verifying who you are, and they call in and ask about theirs and never confirm who they are. So anyone can pretend to be you if they call from your phone but they will not give anyone a straight answer about how to fill a child’s prescription. He missed 3 days of school over it. I will never use them again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

I signed up for this thinking that I would get it about the end of my previous prescription. Which the first few were fine but then it started coming earlier and earlier to the point I had just started one and had 2 more prescriptions at home already. I ended up cancelling it because I hated it. Now I get these texts Every time I get a refill but don't put it on their refill program. It's extremely annoying. I would definitely not recommend this program at all.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Corporate Control of Unelected Insurance Company Claiming to be a Pharmacy. 1st, pain management candidates undergo background checks, random drug testing, etc. All other medications are tried, with any opioid being the last choice option. This process takes months, and life savings. My initial evaluation took place 20 years ago. All patients continue to undergo random drug testing. If anything (even alcohol) is detected the contract is void. Now CVS/Caremark, has voided all of this parole-like monitoring. With no warning CVS/Caremark changed their policies for both end of life and chronic pain patients. For two months I was allowed to pay out-of-pocket for the 20 year regimen I've been on. However this week I was denied service totally. I hope enough people can overcome being labeled as the lowest of the low, to force this monopoly to change its ways.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs