CVS Pharmacy

Compare Pharmacies

Research top Pharmacies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have had CVS filling my Rx for the last 2 years without a problem. The people were all informative and helpful. I know sometimes management changes, and the customer service can get better, stay the same, or get worst. It has really taken a nose dive. The people are unresponsive to your needs, and quick to transfer you to another person that cares less than the previous person. I logged 62 minutes on the phone to get my Rx filled. What happened CVS?

CVS pharmacy in Clinton Mass sent a customer home with the wrong medication and had to have the Clinton Police go to customers house and bring it back to CVS. This should be on the news to warn people of CVS is still making mistakes that could cost someone their life by taking the wrong medication!! Please warn the public!! Clinton Police also should have a record of the call!!

I was on fertility medications. My employer benefits require me use this company. EVERY TIME I would order I would have multiple individuals call to "schedule my order", ask same questions, tell me the next person to call would be for payment and still receive additional phone calls prior the person who would be mailing meds even after repeated assurances there would not be multiple calls. No one checked computer notes before calling and the left hand wasn't talking to the right.

One med, one time, was on back order and I was given something else then mid-cycle the other med came available and it took 3 phone calls for me to receive the same medication so I wasn't starting in one I'd never tried before -- fertility meds aren't cheap, the one I needed was over $300 (my portion) and I surely didn't want to have a reaction. Then, the final straw, I was quoted a med cost and authorized a med cost of $254 for a now overnight need. When they called to debit I was told $500!!! Apparently, the med I was taking use to be state determined for cost and now it was a flat rate.

After speaking with a manager, or who I was told was a manager, they told me they would make an adjustment to my account. NOW I am getting billing reports saying I'm past due. Each time I call, I have to get transferred because billing can't fix pricing and pharmacy is separate (again left hand and right hand can't communicate) and that's when I'm told the guy I spoke to who said there would be an adjustment was not a manager, only assistant and a manager would take care of it. I'm also told there is a note where a lesser credit was being offered based on a discount price or something yet, I'm told the bill would be adjusted and yet, here I am typing because I got a 2nd bill in the mail saying I'm past due on something they repetitively tell me an adjustment will be made for.

Now, I have to call again. This company is ridiculous. DON'T USE them. I have since been paying cash for my meds through a local pharmacy because I refuse to deal with them any more. I am filing a complaint with BBB this time and when I call tomorrow, I won't be getting off the phone until I speak to the man who told me he didn't adjust the bill from the beginning and his supervisor. I may even be recording the conversation this time. This company is ridiculous. I couldn't speak anything at all good for them. I just want this bill adjusted so we can all move forward. I believe the company is corrupt and definitely doesn't care for the people they are suppose to serve.

On 11/17/2016, my regular pharmacy safeway transfer my son's prescription to CVS at as 3420 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506 as Safeway didn't have the medication.My son was very sick with a rare infection. It is pediatric antibiotics: **. CVS partially filled the antibiotics only for 100 ml and promised to deliver the rest on 11/18/2016 at 3pm.

On 11/18/2016, I didn't get a call. I called on 11/19/2016 to the same pharmacy location. They said they didn't receive on Friday and they don't have delivery of medication in the weekend. So I have to wait till Monday. It is also not guaranteed that it will come on Monday, 11/ 21/2016. They said sorry and couldn't help anyway. In that case there will be 2 days gap of no medication which is advisable administering antibiotics. All the pharmacists are well aware of the facts. I called few pharmacy by my own and failed to get any positive response. I called the CVS at 3420 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506 again and asked if they can call and find out if any other CVS close to the place carry the same. They denied and hang up the phone when I was still talking.

From this type of behavior, I concluded the pharmacists CVS is hiring are not educated enough to understand the importance of medication and its life threatening to delay. You should take this matter seriously. Please note that, I went to order an antibiotics, not a lipstick. If something happen to my son then CVS will be responsible for that. Action should be taken for negligence, irresponsibility and bad customer care against all the pharmacists for not calling me back when the order was not received on time, not making another arrangements after breaking the promise to deliver the medication by 18th November at 3pm and declining to take responsibility for not delivering the medications on time.

Gave CVS three prescriptions to fill on 11/7, one whose refill approval was expiring 11/9. On 11/14, a week later, the "pharmacists" got to my orders and told me that the prescription had expired. As of today, 11/19, neither of the other two prescriptions have been filled. The sad thing is, the other local pharmacies are Walgreen's, which I see has 1 star, and RiteAid, another 1 star. This is what happens when Republicans claim they're for small business but really are happiest with massive mergers that kill competition but provide them a fat-cat dollar funnel. Way to go, conservatives.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Oakhurst/Monroe Road They never have all prescriptions ready. In a few months, six prescriptions submitted at the same time will require six separate trips to CVS. There is frequently confusion regarding which meds I take. Frequently, the bag is stuffed with medicines that have been canceled or even duplicate meds. One pharmacist became defensive when I pointed out to him that my meds are frequently "on order" and that it was inconvenient for me to make several trips a month to pick up prescriptions that were initially submitted simultaneously. Another pharmacist told me that I was a "needy person" when I asked her a couple of questions about a drug. Check your bag before you leave the counter because they will NOT refund mistakenly filled prescriptions.

After being hospitalized I was written a prescription for pain medication. I am not usually on this type of medication but was in severe pain from a fall. After filling the script and returning home I divided the medication in my pill organizer and realized I was shorted 14 pills. I only had 42 pills instead of 56. I called the pharmacy and told the man that picked up my situation. He said it may have been a partial but checked the computer and said it was not noted in the computer. He said I needed to talk with the pharmacist and put me on hold for 45 minutes.

I got fed up and drove there and spoke with the pharmacist Amy ** who had filled my prescription. We had actually met her before she filled the prescription when I had just gotten out of the hospital. She said they wouldn't have any until Monday when they got their next order (it was Wednesday) and could copy my script to keep on file. We declined. Surprisingly enough she was magically able to fill my prescription on Saturday. When I explained my situation about the shorted pills she became very defensive saying there was no way that was possible. I asked her to kindly check for me. She did and then told me exactly what the process was and showed me on paper exactly how many she had left in the store and said that it was the right number. She basically brushed me off.

I live with my mother and no one else has access to this medication. I could honestly care less about only having the pills I was given, but it's the principle that someone who you put your trust in and your health in can lie and cheat you. I read so many comments about counting out your pills right there but that seems ridiculous to me. I've never seen such a thing. I've always trusted my pharmacist but you better believe I'm never going back there. If they could lie about the number of pills then they could be lying about what kind of pills they are and that's pretty scary if you ask me. So be aware and be careful at CVS or any pharmacy. Look up the pills online to make sure they are what they say they are and count out the pills before you leave.

I am a snowbird, and just arrived in FLORIDA. Last week I put in a prescription online for my allergy med CVS brand **, the pharmacy called and said they would have to my doctor cause I have no more refills left. The next day it showed on their website that they got the Rx but no phone call. The next day I called CVS who told me they were out of stock and would text me when it came in. This is the same BS I put up with last year and multiple calls to CustomerCare with smoke blown up my pants and nothing done. And now 6 months later we are back and starting all over again with the same crap. The pharmacist does not seem to care. And the staff cares less. I have gone so far as sending all my letters between CVS and me to action news and now I am looking for the attorney handling the other CVS lawsuit.

The store mgr at this site is very rude to customers and his employees. I have witnessed him hollering at his employees in front of customers and employees in front of co-workers. The man is bipolar and needs some help. Very unpleasant human being.

CVS repeatedly refused to refill medication and repeatedly failed to follow my doctor's instructions for a particular medication because they input the quantity per day incorrectly. They would say it was too soon to fill medication. This resulted in receiving less medication than covered by insurance and prescribed by doctor. Happened several times. I contacted my State's Board of Pharmacy and filed a complaint about CVS online. The State of Ohio's Board of Pharmacy website is: http://pharmacy.ohio.gov/Default.aspx.

I and my family use to shop in store #5864 in Titusville, Florida and there is a ** lady that works in the cash register with her hair bright red and I think if they keep her in the front they will lose a lot of customers fast. I'm 50 years old and she ask me for id to buy over the counter cold med. She gave my wife a hard time about coupons and she don't even know the policy at the store. She gave my daughter a hard time too and because of that lady in red hair I will no longer buy at that store. I prefer to go to Publix.

CVS Pharmacy 2992 cranberry hwy East Wareham 02538 - My 2 month old has been diagnosed with GERD, not just reflux. To keep the poor little guy comfortable we are trying ** (1.5 ml twice daily). This is a very small amount. I filled my 1st prescription without any issues. When I went for a refill it was 1 day too early to go through insurance. Not the pharmacy's issue, I get that...

The problem came when they were rude about it. Now trying to give a little baby medicine is quite challenging so as you can imagine I lose some in the process as well as trying to draw up liquid from a bottle. I will also add that a couple weeks into starting this medication we had to increase the dose. SO somewhere along the way we lost some of this medication and are 1 day too early to fill. ** the pharmacist made me pay cash for the 1 day I needed 3 ml at $8.20, then when I filled it for the next day (today) I will have to pay the copay of $10.00 and they are taking out the 3 mls I already paid for!

So I am paying twice for this prescription. Now what they could have either given me 1 day worth to get through or waived one of the payments instead they were incredibly rude as if I were asking for a narcotic prescription early! ** aka ** is available over the counter but unfortunately not in liquid form which I need. When I called in today to see when this prescription would be ready the girl who answered laughed at me when I said I wanted it filled for the full amount since they made me pay cash for some yesterday. I have a 2 month old in pain and this staff is so rude and inconsiderate. I will add they were trying to turn me away yesterday without any medication while my son was crying in the store (look at your cameras!) I had to push for the 1 day worth of medication! So I wonder is this company policy to treat a mother of a infant in pain like a criminal? Or is this a case of your staff having a bad day and taking it out on your customers?

This cashier refused to say one word at me and had just glared at me. When she rang up the item it was way too much and I told her the real price but she still just stared and slammed the scanner on the counter. I came back to tell her that I double checked and she yelled "WHATEVER!!!" Then scanned it again while just staring straight at me with a horrible look on her face and was waiting for me to just be done. So extremely rude and disrespectful then she threw the receipt at me! I hope she gets fired if she acts like this to everyone. Couldn't believe that would ever happen! I told her "have a nice night" and she was not having it.

I suffer from severe chronic pain from degenerative disc disease and arthritis. I had a 3-level spinal fusion in my neck two years ago, and my spine has further degenerated. I need another extension to my fusion as two of my other vertebrates are herniated, bulging, and are pressing on nerves. I am in pain constantly, and take ** 3 times a day to help me with pain. Every month, my doctor electronically sends my prescription to the CVS on Glen St, Glen Cove. He sends it early to make sure that CVS has it in stock and that I get it in time.

For the last few months, I have had problems with CVS running out of this medication. I got a call from CVS this past Tuesday letting me know that my order would be ready on Friday. Well, it is Friday, and I got a text from CVS telling me that my prescription in not in stock, and that it has to be reordered. This has repeatedly happened for the last four months. I asked them if I could get a few pills to hold me over, and they said that they didn't have any at all. I asked if they could get the pills from another CVS, and they said no, and that my doctor needed to call another CVS. I asked which CVS would have the pills. They didn't want to go through the trouble of calling the other stores until I pushed them to make the calls. Then, they told me that four other stores in the area did not have the pills in stock. How does a big company continuously not order enough medication that patients need every month to have some quality of life?

Worst company ever. I had dropped an rx off on a Tuesday for my son that he needs for school. On Friday, 3 days later I went to pick it up and to drop off 1 for me. I noticed the technician was standing at the computer and told her I didn't want mine now just my son's dropped off 3 days ago - to which she replied "oh, the computer didn't pick it up". She was typing my son's rx that had been there 3 days now. Then she tells me, "well the earliest we can have it is 11:15 am". It was now 9:15 am. When I worked there a few years ago waiters always had to be done in 15 minutes - things must have changed. I wasn't even a waiter. I had dropped my son's rx off 3 days prior. I said I wasn't leaving until I had my sons rx for school that I had dropped off 3 days ago. So I went to the other lane and waited. I had to pick up my son from physical therapy at 9:30 am down the street.

I moved twice so others could use the drive thru. I overheard they didn't have another customer's medicine in stock. Shocker, that also has happened to us several times when they know exactly when we come every month - I have also been told that and then have to drive twice as far to fill it. It's not like this was the first time something as lame-brained as this has happened, but it is the last. I have always given them the benefit of doubt and came back. I wasn't told anything else but I sat there so they could see I was waiting. I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician and would never treat a customer this way especially when the pharmacy was in the wrong. I said I know how long it takes to fill a rx (5 minutes) - they knew I was a pharmacy technician - especially one dropped off 3 days ago. So I continued to wait. Finally when they knew I wasn't leaving they were filling it.

It was given to me and I asked for mine back also that I had just dropped off, to which a different tech who was at the window said "I'm calling the police". I said "go ahead". So I'm still waiting while he is describing the car I was driving to the police! Unbelievable! The police are actually getting called on a patient, who does this?? I guess CVS pharmacy does. I wasn't yelling, I was just speaking in an aggravated tone. He finally gave me both my son's filled rx and my rx paper. I left and went to pick up my son from physical therapy, he took his medicine and I dropped him off at school. At 11 am at home I get a call from the Lindenhurst Police asking me what happened. I told her and said "I would not be back to CVS retail store anywhere again". She said "so you will go to a different CVS?" I said "no I am not returning to any CVS". She said "ok that sounds like a solution".

So CVS actually calls the police when they have caused the problem? Typical of them. I didn't have good working experiences there either. They don't treat their techs very well and they don't pay them well either - 1.00 over minimum wage, still and this hasn't changed in years. So I've been on both sides and believe me they're no good. We won't be back for anything.

I bought $75.93 worth of products in CVS located at 225 N. Columbus, Chicago, IL on Wednesday night 10/26. One product (It's 10 mousse) I used the next morning which makes my hair greasy and didn't hold my hair style at all. So Thursday night 10/27 I went to the store wanting to replace it with another product that hold the hair better. I was told there is no returns or replacement because I removed the bar code sticker which I did because I don't intend to return or replace when I bought it. I explained to the cashier and she called her manager. The store manager, a ** young guy, with a weird pair of glasses acting like a cold blooded killer, no expression on his face or any empathy. He re-stated that their policy is no returns or replacement if bar code is removed.

There are many customers at around 9:30 pm there watching and everybody is shaking their head. I don't see their policy in NOWHERE. How do they expect that the customers know this policy? On their receipt, it says returns with receipt through 12/25/2016. It doesn't say if bar code is removed, items cannot be returned or even replaced. I will never to go any CVS store to buy anything. All they do is to screw each customer who don't have any idea of this terrible policy. I wish I could find attorney to sue this business for violating the right of the consumers. I'd rather pay the attorney to give this business a lesson.

My husband had this account. He passed away suddenly and I have been trying to get the money he paid into this account as a refund. There was no estate. I was his wife of 47 years. Everything came to me. Then HSA bank made me set up an estate account which cost me $300.00 go to probate court. Paid another 60 dollars. Have sent them all of these documents more than once and still they have not sent me my refund. Every time I call them I get the rerun and they are missing papers that I have sent them.

WORST SERVICE EVER. I called 15 minutes before 9 pm and spoke to the Pharmacy Department about a prescription I NEEDED to pick up. I explain to the associate that I am in traffic and may reach about 9:05 pm, can they please wait so I can get my prescription. I then called the store back again and spoke to the pharmacy and explained where I was, and that I will probably arrive 9:02-9:05. I was blocks away. I arrived in the store 9 pm on the dot. The pharmacy gate was closed and I asked to get prescription, the store manager was counting out the register, and the guy at the pharmacy said "sorry we are close." I looked at my phone and told them "it is 9:01. I called and spoke to you and told you I was coming. You knew I was coming." I begged and asked and explained I NEEDED the prescription. The pharmacy associates rushed out the store while I try to talk to the manager.

The manager said the pharmacy is separate from the store and out of her control. She did nothing to try to help. This is my local CVS, and I WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. I've been shopping here 10+ years. This was ridiculous. They practically closed the department before 9 pm knowing that I was on my way. They should have told me not to come on the phone. Instead they told me I should come and try. I am highly disappointed and deeply frustrated. REFERENCE to CVS at 132 Bronx River Rd, Yonkers, NY!!

I dropped off a prescription on Friday and since they were out of the product they couldn't have it filled til Monday. I probably should of said never mind at that point and went over to Walgreens but I didn't. It wasn't urgent I had the medication that day. Plus, they needed to call my doctor for more information. Monday afternoon I received a call from my doctor who said they called the pharmacy and was placed on hold for 15 minutes and then hung up on. She asked if I could contact the pharmacy and have them give her a call. I called the pharmacy, waited on hold for nearly 10 minutes and finally someone got on the phone. I explained the situation and told her what my doctor had said (in a nice treat people the way you want to be treated kind of way) and in a sarcastic manner she replied, "Well we're busy."

I then shrugged off her rudeness and told her I'd have my doctor just leave her a message. But seriously? So on busy days you guys hang up on customers and doctors? And you have the audacity to have an attitude about it when you're confronted? I worked for CVS many years ago and crappy customer service wasn't part of our business practices. I guess quality of services have changed. Don't be surprised if you lose another customer.

I have chronic pain from arthritis, degenerative disc disease from my neck to my broken off tailbone. Also shoulder pain, knee pain and pain from previous spinal fusion and bone graph that has degenerated further over the years. Carpal tunnel, digestive issues due to bleeding ulcers that I almost died from and had to have my stomach removed and several other abdominal surgeries. I had major neck surgery three weeks ago. My Husband picked up my script from the surgeon's office and took it to CVS and they wouldn't fill it. It was dated for today but the pharmacist said it was two days early. I tried to explain that my Dr was aware of that and that it was because my last script was cut down from one every four hours to one every six hours but I called my Dr after trying to go six hours and was in so much pain that the next pill didn't even help at all.

I let my Dr's office know I was taking the pain meds every four hours, which I did for five days than to five hours and then six hours. That is why they wrote the script for today. I'd like to mention also that due to having no stomach I only absorb about 40% to 50% of what I take orally. The pharmacist still said no. I was in pain management but they tried several extended release meds on me but they don't work for me again due to not having a stomach. They told me I needed to see a surgeon. When the surgeon releases me from his care I will be going to the pain management that is in with his group. I was told not to stop pain meds abruptly. I just don't understand because CVS corporate says they can fill a couple days early but it's up to the pharmacist. They also tried to refuse to fill my script the day after my surgery on a Saturday cause they didn't think the script looked right then lied about trying to reach the Dr on call.

Once he called them then the didn't have enough to fill the script. They would give me the small amount they had but then that would mean I'd have to forfeit the remainder of my script and they wouldn't fill a new one from the surgeon on Monday. I have never complained in all the years my family has been going there even though they've made mistakes on dosages, lost scripts, miscounted, overcharged because insurance wasn't billed. I just don't understand why they would want me to suffer. I do have to say they do have one tech who has been there for years and he is wonderful always fixes everyone else's mistakes, calls the Dr or insurance company to help you. I honestly think he's the only one who cares about the customers.

My eye doctor wrote out a prescription for eye drops for conjunctivitis. Instead of drops [solution], the pharmacy gave me ointment. I followed the dosing to the letter and I began to feel worse and worse. The doctor caught the error and called the pharmacy - he was put on hold. Then I contacted the pharmacist and she acknowledged the error. I told her I needed my eye drops and to ensure that I had no problem, I was provided a new prescription. The pharmacist refused to fill the prescription and promised to call me back. It's been 2 hours now and no call back.

I now have had 20 times the amount of ingredient that as a side effect increases intraocular pressure and increases my risk for glaucoma. Worst of all, my insurance won't pay for it because they have already paid for the same medication in a different form. Tried calling their Customer Relations Number - that was a mistake. You get an automated service that will only give locations and hours or reroute you to the person that created the problem. Unless I am blinded, I can't bring suit. So now it's a waiting game on if my cornea is permanently scarred. Never more.

After ending up in hospital for 11 days because of CVS. I tried to bring up listing on CVS online. I could see some of the prescriptions but could not print them off. CVS refused to transfer any prescriptions unless they have a list by their number, med name, dosage etc. That's for more than 26 prescriptions. This after putting me near death with congestive heart failure.

I had a critical prescription I submitted for refill at the CVS Specialty Website. They claim to have superior service for this. It has now been 10 days and they have been trying to contact my Doctor they said but have not been able to get more refills on my prescription. They have yet to even try to contact me at my home or mobile phone. They are closed over the weekend so I had to wait until today to find out what was going on. To make matters worse, their CVS Specialty website did not even show that I had submitted a refill request nor a status.

The supervisor asked me if I had checked their website, trying to throw it back on me. I asked them to modify their process to at least notify the customer that there was a problem. I could have followed up with my Doctor if I had known. So, I am out of a critical medication, no refills ordered yet and they don't seem to care at all. I have now asked to speak with the supervisor's manager. I have been on hold for 25 minutes so far. They are really tuned into that customer service thing aren't they? Unbelievable.

About a month ago after calling in a prescription to CVS Pharmacy inside of Target in Longmont, CO, they called me back saying that my state license was invalid. I looked up my license online and assured them it was current, up to date, with no violations on my record. The pharmacist, sounding uncomfortable, said ok, she would correct the mistake. Today, I called in a prescription for a controlled substance for another client (this morning at 10:50). When client went to pick it up at 5:45pm, they were told I needed to update my DEA license, the one they have is out of date. I called them immediately to update my license, but they didn't accept that my current license is good until 2019 and would not fill the prescription until they get word from the DEA that my license is good.

I offered to send a copy of my license but they still needed to get the ok from the DEA. So my client's dog has to suffer until tomorrow because it is Sunday, now after 6 and no other pharmacies are open. The CVS purchase of Target pharmacy has been extremely sloppy and I am now recommending my clients no longer fill at CVS Pharmacy. I hear they are also doing away with Target's pill vials (which won an award for increasing prescription safety). Another poor choice by the company!

Sent my grandson to get ** pain and congestion. He asked if they had it. Answer was "No, but if we do it would," points in direction, "it would there." Even Walmart employees will take you to the right aisle and point directly to product. I know that CVS has ** sinus pain and congestion because I have gotten it many times. Only go to CVS because it is right behind my house. Never again will I go there.

I just changed pharmacies because I just could not take it any longer! I live one block away from a CVS pharmacy and went there just out of convenience. Now have changed pharmacies to stay alive!!! CVS keeps trying to kill me. I used their online ordering so that there would be no mistakes in the order because when you give it verbally to them, when it's wrong they say it's your fault. Unfortunately CVS is not able to follow written orders like 1, 2, 3 or a, b, c, never mind a verbal order.

Time after time it's wrong! Last blunder was giving me an old blood thinner I use to take along with another blood thinner I am now taking. Doctor said I would bleed out - do not take together, it was not on my online order list I gave them to fill!! And I learned to print out order confirmation lists after each order. They said in reply they give both to many people together. I am not many people!! Doctor said I would die!! Fortunately I watch my monthly orders closely because I could have taken both it out of habit. I went there for a flu shot and they asked if I had a pneumonia shot lately.

Told them it is not needed for another 2 years. Well they told me that a new shot ** just came out. "You get it now and you will never need another pneumonia shot again." They told me they can give me both together, so I filed out the shot survey list for health questions and they gave me the shots. Next morning in the energy room they told me in my health condition I should have never been given both shots together. Guess you fill out the survey but they don't read it. I am sure that their employees are told to ask the customer about the shots and sell as many as they can or get a bonus for sales.

Because I don't feel like typing for an hour, I will not go into all the other issues but beware to those who get the online survey that comes in your email rating the service you just received from the CVS pharmacy you were just at because when you have a problem with them or the service you received, the survey goes right back to the persons you had the problems with to resolve the issue. A little like when you have a problem with a court room judge, they have the final say - the person with the issue is wrong, the judge is never wrong, you lose!!! I am sure that they document your issues with them in case of court procedures. I might be documented as a chronic complainer who knows!!

I can see from these posts that CVS Pharmacy is not a popular place for most clients and I have to agree. I had surgery on my right shoulder and my GF drove me home from the hospital with the prescriptions from the surgeon. He gave one for antibiotics and one for 10 days worth of pain medication and CVS refused both. When we asked the manager why he would not fill either (through drive thru) she advised it was her right to refuse any prescription for any reason but would not give any other answer. Why bother when there are other places that are happy to have your business. I for one will never use CVS for anything. There is always a Walgreens close by to shop at.

Total chaos - prescription faxed from local CVS pharmacy to specialty pharmacy. They blame each other of non-receipt. Still not shipped since last week. This is ongoing issue since June 2016 & this is Sept so pain is unbearable.

Went to fill my husband's prescription who is a cancer patient for pain medication ** 4 milligram. The prescription was for 50 and they gave us 40. When I went back to the pharmacy they said they are only 5 short. Then would not let me count them at the counter. Last month I was 16 short, but did not go back because it had been 3 days before I counted. Someone is stealing drugs at the CVS Pharmacy by Mary Washington Hospital Fredericksburg VA.

I suffer from chronic pain & have for 15+ years. When it comes to pain meds, I experienced nothing but anxiety & stress from CVS. You can only fill the rx on the exact day you filled it the month before. Ok, well the medicine is usually not in stock. I'm always told "We have an order coming in a day or so, but we have no idea what will be in the shipment" and "We put in an order for it multiple times, but only receive so much." Seriously? How insane is that?! I have been a loyal customer for years and now I'm going to have to do without my med for a few days? Anyone who has ever gone through withdraws knows how horrible they can be. I am getting anxious because I can't go without it. Their customer service is worse than some fast food places I've been to.

To add more anxiety, they don't have time to call other CVS stores & they don't have the same hours. Now I have to go on a scavenger hunt to different pharmacies to find my pain med! I can't believe I did this for years! Also, if you leave them a paper script & say "I'll pick it up tomorrow" then you have to call them the next day & tell them to fill it! Absolutely ridiculous! This CVS was too convenient, only a mile from my house. They have even sent me home with medicine that was supposed to be for a certain milligram & was given a higher milligram. You're not supposed to return meds after leaving the store, but you better believe they took this one back. I should have just sued them for all the pain & suffering they've put me through over the years!

I'm now at a different pharmacy that I'm very happy with. They always have all my meds in stock & will gladly call other stores if needed. They carry certain meds all the time when they see enough people are on them (very smart). I was shocked at the great service I was given. I have never had any of the problems I had with CVS & will never set foot in a CVS again (not even to buy a bottle of water!). I was upset when I heard they merged with Target pharmacy. I love shopping at Target & will continue to shop there, but I won't be using their pharmacy.

CVS Pharmacy Company Profile