2.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

CVS Pharmacy

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

1611 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I won't go into the details but PLEASE read this: When you go to ANY CVS pharmacy, PLEASE get the name of the "pharmacist" attending to you. Write down their name, date & time to make them accountable of THEIR mistakes, it's the only way for them to be held accountable. Specifically this CVS Pharmacy - 13749 SW 144 PL Miami, FL 33177 - 305-255-2893 (Store #03672) is VERY, VERY, VERY bad. Their pharmacy supervisor even hangs on you when you are trying to help them fix THEIR mistake. I would return to Publix Pharmacy but unfortunately I had to change medical plan and I got stuck with this CVS.

I've called CVS Company at 1-800-746-7287 to complain and I get these really nice girls Janice, Adriana, etc. and they say they will relate the problem to the leadership team. I would of prefer to get a personal call from the leadership team to tell them that they have a very SERIOUS problem at this CVS Pharmacy. It seems that the leadership team did get on it and this CVS Pharmacy fixed the problem but boy did I have to raise hell and energy to get them fix THEIR mistake. PLEASE take heart to what I'm advising you. Remember it's your medication which will affect your health.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Fill 1 prescription at a time so you will buy other things ok for someone but for handicap setting in line, spending gas money to be hustle and sick to call yesterday about prescriptions. Today they are expired so they have to call DR but last week told me they would be ready tomorrow so I go back. Sell me 2 different prescriptions so today expired. This is to keep my lungs from filling with water. Once I got home I cancel prescription. I think the hassle outweighs the medicine. CVS Greenfield IN 46140 this has been routine scene. I agreed to 3 mo refill and once I did my medicine was at CVS in Indpls. When your lungs fill with water you can die and limited money gas cost. CVS should be require to add to cost of med if you have to go 3 or 4 times. CVS is the highest price prescriptions and take advantage of the disabled. Class action? I think so.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I just left urgent care in Clovis, drove clear across town to Fresno, it took me 20 minutes to get to CVS pharmacy at Kings Canyon & Peach and the staff is running around cleaning up & talking & laughing… I asked how long till I get my meds, they can’t read my Rx so they call urgent care, they closed 20 min ago. So now I can’t get my meds. I get home look at my Rx and see that it is perfectly readable, they were just playing around too much. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!! The ugly big firhead staff guy tells me I can take my Rx somewhere else... What a jackass!!!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I've had nothing but problems with pharmacists at 2 different CVS's. They have lied to my face MULTIPLE TIMES, and have forced a medication on me that I cannot take! I pay out of pocket every month for my prescription $230! I have told them multiple times, I have M.S, and need to have my regular brand medication. Not some new kind. They denied me the option to even go to another pharmacy!

I called ahead of time to make sure there was no problems and that they had the kind I need. They said, "Yup, you're all set." Drive to pick it up and pay $230, only to notice it was a different brand/manufacturer. I then ONCE AGAIN explain the situation, and how I am not able to take this kind. I asked for my regular brand medication and they straight up denied me. I then asked to give them the prescription back, and go elsewhere, so I could get the medication I needed. Mind you, without my medicine I will have severe withdrawals. They again said they could not do that! And NO, I had not left the store with my meds!

I am absolutely disgusted with these "pharmacist!" Power trip is all it is! It's crazy they can deny someone their own meds that they are paying for and NEED TO FUNCTION! So now I'm stuck with a brand medication that is useless to me, because they "could not help me." I've been bedridden since this happened yesterday, and feel like I'm dying all thanks to CVS pharmacist on a power trip. 7 Essex way, Essex Jct VT. How is this even right? I have a legal prescription and am paying out of pocket, and should be able to get my regular brand medication that I have been on for over 5 years.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Have been doing oral chemo for 9 years. CVS specialty is the only place we can get the meds through my insurance. They have the worst customer service ever and they also now are telling us that they know better than our oncologist as they will only cover one pill when the doctor has ordered three as the course of treatment that has been keeping the cancer stable and shrinking for the last 9 years. They change their policies every month along with their phone number. They tell us that we need prior authorization and then I get that they then say it is denied as they will only pay for one pill a day compared to 3 so the doctor again has to jump through more hoops. They never call us to tell us they are not sending the drug I have to call 2 days after delivery was to happen. Then I have to call 3 different numbers to get someone who tells me that it is not her department just to jump through the hoops and quit arguing or it won't get done.

I specifically ask for a peer to peer with their doctor and ours (per instruction of my insurance company) and get told that will not happen by their representative. The cost of this chemo is 2x time the amount it was with any of our other specialty pharmacies when we did not have to have this awful company. And when I asked if they just allowed people to die as they never get this resolved the rep advised me she had never heard that from a customer, well duh if they are dead they can't call now can they...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

CVS filled a medication that I have continuously taken for 3 months and had to gradually increase due to the type of medication it is. I was finally on the maintenance dose then after I picked up my last bottle it was the original tiny dose from which I built up. Made no sense & they should have called me or the prescriber but they did not. Serious side effects from sudden withdrawal of this medication. Non-existent safety practices.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

The medication I take for depression is not one that you can just stop taking. I was told by one technician that I had one ready and I call in to the doctor for refills. When I went to pick up the prescription I was told that in fact I do not have one! The technician said they pulled it from the bin and put it back on the Shelf. My question was when you're dealing with a medication that there are no refills on and someone can't just stop taking them wouldn't it make sense to call and say "we're going to have to put this back on the Shelf if it's not picked up today"? Wouldn't it also makes sense to offer the customer a few of the medication to get by until Monday? The medication is **. It's not controlled. It's not a big deal except to someone who doesn't need to skip three days doses. There was absolutely zero concern for my mental or physical well-being. This is not the type of pharmacy I care to do business with. I will be taking my family's business elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

On 9/29/2017, I went to CVS Pharmacy to get my medication. The pharmacist told me that my medication was refilled and picked up 2 days ago. I never made any refill and nobody pick-up my medication. This was the first time that this happened. I am upset I cannot get another one. I don't understand how my prescription can be given to someone else??

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

69 years old had 3 months of misfortune. Relocated from NY to Florida, CVS in NY was always my pharmacy. In Palm City had a 3 month of misfortunate which necessitated flying back to NY, upon my return hurricane hurts Florida. I drive 6 hrs one way to Orlando for safety. Any event first time in all my years this happens. How does CVS help??? Nothing by red flagging me. Hindering the elderly.

Pharmacist Angie, in Palm City FL is a hinderous and doesn't attempt to run discount, her replacement ran several discount med that she charged me $150 for. The other pharmacists charged $50. He ran many discounts. He helped seniors not hindered. A disgrace. I used CVS pharmacy whatever state I lived in during my lifetime. I regret I do not have receipts saved nor photo. Please note just wait on line for 10 mins ago (not when Asian crew are in, they are all great.) Do pharmacists after working in that role what to happens? Does this authority get out of control?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

When I picked up my antibiotic I told the lady 83.99 sounds high for ** 300mg 28 capsules. She said "it is a very strong antibiotic". I paid the 83.99 and went home. After arriving home I called a local pharmacy and asked how much it would cost for the same medication. The lady replied 23.60. How can it cost that much more at CVS? So I went back to CVS and talked to the pharmacist. He replied "independent pharmacies are cheaper than CVS." REALLY you are going to tell me that? This is a rip off. CVS is overcharging. I had not opened the bag but he refused to adjust the price and would not let me return the meds. What has happened to honesty and being fair? Of all things overcharging for medication. SHAME ON CVS. THIS TOOK PLACE AT THE WEST JEFFERSON NC STORE.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I’ve been a CVS customer for over 20 years, having some of the same med rx filled at the same location for years... Whenever there is a question concerning pain meds, which I have been prescribed same meds, by same doctor, for over 5 years, like clockwork, the pharmacy staff takes an attitude as if I were a drug addict, and seems to go out of their way to interrupt the system. Almost seemed annoyed when they realize that everything is in order and that they will have to fill my script... Not always, but often enough…

On a recent vacation, I became sick with bronchitis type symptoms, went to an urgent care, and was prescribed ** and **... Once returned from vacation I went to my local CVS to fill a pain medicine prescription at which point the pharmacist had an aha moment, and blurt it out, “I did a prescription search on you and it seems like you are prescribed ** so I am not going to fill your pain medicine prescription.” When I asked why they said because they were both **-based medicines and that they were doing it for my own good. I called the doctor that prescribes pain medicine and they had me bring the cough syrup to them to be destroyed so that they could call the pharmacy and have my routine pain medicine prescription filled. With an attitude, the pharmacist told me that she did it for my own good because it could have killed me.

My question is why didn't the CVS pharmacist that filled the cough syrup prescription while I was on vacation pick up on the fact that's a cough syrup prescription he was filling could have killed me as my history has showed hundreds of the exact same pain medicine prescription being filled at CVS??? The extreme was evident. One pharmacist did a prescription search to pick up on a single cough syrup prescription and look like they were taking pleasure and telling me they couldn't fill my normal prescription, while another pharmacist working for the same major company never even considered it. People with chronic pain are not drug addicts. I'm aware of the situation in today's world, however let's reserve judgment for people that deserve it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

For 2 days I received robo calls from CVS pharmacy telling me that I could not fill my prescriptions, that it was too early. So on the second day after the 3rd call I hit the button to talk to a rep and tried to explain to this stupid ** that I had NOT tried to get my meds that they were on auto fill. She did not listen to a thing I had told her. She kept telling me that it was because I just transferred but I had transferred from Walmart back in March, that was 6 months ago. There are truly no good stores out there of any kind.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

The CVS Pharmacy @ 18840 has really gone downhill. They have not updated the outside lit marquee in over a month. The windows are filthy. I hate walking through the entrance. The sliding doors are full of cobwebs. With Walgreens moving into the area, I would think that they would like to do their best.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Management and employees. The manager on duty at 5:30 PM 9/21/ 2017. Call the pharmacy. Was put on hold for over 45 minutes. Hung up and called again. On hold for another 15 minutes. Hung up. Called the store. Employee says, "You're calling the 152 store on ** Countrywalk. We're taking their calls since they're having some form of difficulties." Every other store in that shopping center is up and running where that particular CVS which by the way has the most incredible staff from top to bottom. That is the best CVS I have ever been to - the pharmacy staff, the store staff, unbelievable, remarkable, make it a real pleasure going to their store 137 and 152 Country-walk.

Well back to the store on ** and Southwest 152 that CVS the manager is complaining that they're overwhelmed with their work. Well they should have brought in extra people. You have an entire staff from 137 the Countrywalk store you could had at your store. Once again that's a CVS management issue. Don't make your customers wait over 45 minutes on hold and then treat them like ignorant idiots over the phone by repeating the same line over and over the first time you tell it to somebody. We more than understand. As a matter fact I'm gonna call that store right now stop writing this comment and get that managers number and name. The lady's name is Marilyn the manager on duty of the CVS ** 152.

I would never go to your store again and if my store is down and can't function I would find a new pharmacy to go to because you are the most rudest and improper manager on any staff that I have ever spoken to. You should take pride in your job. If you don't like it there, find a new job you would be doing. Every customer that goes there a favor. If you're leading by example you're teaching your staff your terrible habits. I would hire you as everything not to do and how to go run a store and provide customer satisfaction. Have you ever heard of that??? CVS should take a close look Maryland and invest in a recorder just by looping its cheaper terrible store terrible staff-most displeased and instead of saying anything bad about you I just leave it there to upper management. Reinvest your money in another manager other than Maryland. Waste of space.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

The reason for this review is that I believe when a company is a complete rip off they are to be called out. I just recently acquired this as my pharmacy insurance. 1 routine prescription, that I have taken for 22 years, are not covered by this company. I have been covered by other policies throughout the course of the 22 years and have always received a reasonable rate on these very routine medications. It would seem that CVS Caremark prefers to collect your money while giving you little service in return.

Despite the fact that my doctor filed an appeal explaining how long I have taken is and that there is not a suitable replacement, CVS Caremark feels they know better than my medical doctor who has seen me and examined me personally for years. The one medication that they did cover, which has been five dollars as a generic with every pharmacy company I've been with over the last 22 years... Well... CVS saw fit to add an extra 80.00 dollars for a 30 day supply. So a prescription that cost me $60 a year now cost me $1020 a year. Thanks CVS. Hope you're making enough money gouging people. Hope you go bankrupt.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Hi. My sister and I were at the CVS on 44th Street and Bell in Phoenix Arizona and we were very upset on how we were treated by one of your staff whose name was Tim. Now I understand that saying hello and asking if you need any help is normal and people are just doing their job however, walking up and down the aisles following customers and asking every 5 seconds is not. We politely said several times that we didn't need any help and that if we did we would let him know. We weren't doing anything suspicious or anything like that we were just shopping. Now I understand what he was doing but my sister who has extreme PTSD and a anxiety disorder did not. She felt like she was being stalked and targeted for no reason and it made her extremely upset. She confronted him after we had paid for our things.

Now I agree she shouldn't have spoken to him the way she did but he had no right to get in her face and threaten her. I've worked in retail for many years and you never get into a customer's face and escalate a situation. You don't follow the angry customer outside and continue to harass them. If you need help get a manager. There is a way of keeping an eye on someone if you suspect that they're doing anything without making them feel like they're being targeted and their space is being invaded. I think your employees at that particular store need a refresher course on customer relations and what to do or not to do in situations cause not to scare or threaten anyone but that could of gone worse than it did. You never know what an angry customer will do especially when they're in flight or fight mode.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

After coming home from the hospital after 6 days, my husband was told they couldn't fill one of my scripts claiming I had asthma and needed to call my primary Dr. (I've never had asthma). The same pharmacist has made remarks about what medications I'm on and took me aside asking if my Dr knew about the meds I was on... Like duuhh.. They prescribed them. And also made a comment in front of everyone that she knew me from another CVS location. (I moved). So last month my husband dropped off the hard copies of meds and when I went to fill them today thinking they were safe, I was told she sent them back to the Dr stating it's been over 2 weeks. Needless to say I won't be filling another script at CVS anymore. Taking my business to a pharmacy where I'm not judged by what meds I take. I'm pissed.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I was supposed to start ** the beginning of August. My Rx was called in and had to go through the prior auth process, that took time. The Rx called in was for ** prefilled syringes which I can't use because of Rheumatoid Arthritis in my hands. My M.D.'s office called in a new Rx for auto inject pen at least 3 times and each time I was told it was the wrong Rx. It is now Sept 11th and I still have not received my medication which takes 6 months to work. You have put me a month behind in my process. I am so frustrated at the level of inadequacy from this organization. I will be contacting my insurer, my premium is $925 a month of which I pay $600 out of pocket. I expect better than this.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

What brings a smile to my face is walking in CVS Store # 7687 Fairmount Blvd. Shakers Hts. OH 44118, and seeing Pharmacist ** and Store Mgr. ** behind the counter. Their knowledge and willingness to assist makes the drug store experience something to look forward to instead of dreading. They represent CVS well and if CVS can continue to employee individuals like ** and ** CVS will keep my business in this competitive market.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

So my husband went to pick up my medications yesterday from CVS on University before I leave for my trip tomorrow. He came home with only one. I take 3. He was not told that they were not giving him the others. I assumed they just missed them so I called. I was told that even though I have refills left my insurance refused to pay for these medications because they could only do so for a 90 day supply. Odd. Considering they have been paying for the entire time I have had cancer related issues. And odd that nobody told us this. No notification from CVS, or insurance, stating such a thing. I guess they just thought I wouldn't notice that these two were missing. Because cancer patients have so many medications anyway?

So I contacted my insurance this morning to figure out why it had suddenly changed and to let them know I was on day two of no daily meds. They seemed extremely puzzled. They called CVS. I was on hold while they did this for about half an hour. The representative came back very frustrated with the situation and told me... "Their clerk is telling us it is a CVS corporate rule. It has nothing to do with insurance. So we are not sure why they told you this. I let them know that you are presently without your daily medications because corporate decided to tell you that insurance refused to pay. They are sending it through and apologized profusely to us."

Long story short... I will be switching pharmacies. CVS apparently doesn't care if you have crucial medications and will lie to get you on a 90 day cycle so they don't have to fill your prescriptions every 30 days. Even if that means they put your health and well being in danger. They even held out this charade telling me my only option would be to pay out of pocket (over $200 per prescription) or contact my doctor this morning to make her do a 90 day supply.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

My husband has stage 4 cancer and is on several pain meds. We have gone to CVS for years and despite getting 10 other prescriptions a month there, they are never in stock with his **. Why can't they work this prescription just like all the others. They hound us for every other med on his list but this one is never available. We can only get a 30 day supply, which is fine, but why do they look at me like I'm some kind of addict when I bring this in there every 30 days? I can provide proof of his illness, a letter from the doctor or whatever else they want to see. I'm just so frustrated with being treated badly and never being able to fill the script.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

CVS failed to maintain a high standard with HIPAA. Letter I was supposed to read and sign has never been addressed with me or consulted about. As I was told in a later time I should have completed but I never knew about it existing.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I went to the pharmacy to fill my new script on 8/30/17. They told me it was too early bc the month before I filled on the 3rd & picked up on the 7th when I actually filled the 2nd & bc it was too early to p/u, I came in at opening (9 am) on the 3rd & got it at 9:40 bc they didn't fill it the day before. I have bank statements that show a POS withdraw from Target on the 3rd for the deductible amount & no other target POS withdraws until the 17th. Who is more likely to make a mistake? Me who takes the narcotics & knows the date & fill times every month bc I depend on & need the pills or the store that sees multiple customers daily & only sees $ signs & #'s. I HATE CVS. Worst thing Target did was sell to these incompetent jerkoffs. Time to try Walgreens. They suck too but at least they get dates right. The only reason there's a star is bc there has to be at least one. They ** SUCK!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Several times in the past year, medications have not been available at my local CVS. This week, they don't have my very common blood pressure medication but continue to clog my inbox with messages about how they are special ordering it. Then there are the scam ExtraCare 25% off coupons which don't apply to any item with an offer or sale. I carefully selected $40 worth of products not on sale only to find that the notices could be at the end of the aisle or in the flyer. Only two travel sized items were not excluded. For my most recent purchases, I went to Walgreens and my ExtraCare card is so old it doesn't have a magnetic strip.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

CVS Pharmacy is pretty quick but often gets things screwed up. They send a 30-day when it's supposed to be a 90-day supply. They don't fill the bottles and used 9 bottles to put in 360 pills. A waste of bottles!!! The count is occasionally incorrect too. To travel and get meds in advance is so frustrating you no longer want to take trips. They are pretty quick though.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

CAUTION. NEVER MAKE A CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AT CVS!!! I made the crucial mistake of making my credit card payment at CVS, unaware they use a third party company the dreadful Green Dot Corporation. Three days later I get a phone call from my credit card company advising me they have not received my payment. I contacted the store, who then provided me with an 800 number to customer service. They were no help at all. They basically told me it was Green Dot's problem and it would take 7 to 10 business days. I pleaded with everyone over there that I'm going out of town and I need some proof of payment to send to my credit card company.

Did they care, of course not. The 800 to Green Dot they provided me was no good because you can't speak to anyone there unless you have account with them. I paid CVS NOT GREEN DOT, at this point they have taken my money and will not assist me in tracking where my payment went. I have been a faithful customer to CVS for years and I promise they will NEVER get another penny from me.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

CVS needs to be held accountable for what the assistant manager "Tina" did to me. First, she should not be any type of employee there, let alone an assistant manager. How in the world she is an assistant manager there I don't understand. She yelled at me at the top of her lungs for 2-3 minutes straight, in front of the whole store, for no reason. I was trying to get the attention of this employee that happened to be hearing impaired. Thats when this other customer told me she was hearing impaired, and couldnt hear me. All I said was, "well, she shouldnt be working there then, if she cant hear the customers." That must have lit a fire under this customer because she started yelling at me real loud, like she also wanted to start a fight with me. Thats when this Tina employee overheard that other customer yelling at me, and she came over and started yelling at me at the top of her lungs, real crazy-like.

I never even said a word to the actual hearing impaired employee, or any other employee. It was one on one conversation I was having with another customer. No one heard what we were talking about, as there was no one else around us two customers at the time. After I could get in a word from her yelling at me non-stop, I asked her how she even knew I said anything (she and the hearing impaired employee were together at least 30 feet away from us two customers), she said "because I trust my regular customer in what they say." So, she knew the other customer really well, and thats why she went berserk on me. Before gathering any information on why the other customer was yelling at me. etc. Or, pulling us aside to find out what the commotion was all about, this Tina employee just decides to come over and get in my face and start yelling at me for no reason???

Is this how you train your employees, CVS? Is this the professionalism you instill in your employees, CVS? Yelling at a customer for any reason is terrible, but for no reason. Are you serious? I was stunned. It was surreal, actually. From being in the service, and having a degree, the one good thing you learn is "tact." This person had none. If any other employee over her was there, they would have fired her on the spot. The look in her eyes, and how she acted, was like she wanted to kill me. She literally lost her mind.

I never said anything to the hearing impaired employee. In fact, that hearing impaired employee was actually with that Tina employee at the same time, behind the front counter. There were at least 4 customers who stopped and stared at her in astonishment. It was in the front of the store, in the middle aisle. I wont be coming back to this store, or any other CVS anymore. I always preferred Walgreens, and now this confirms it. What a disgrace of a CVS employee. And she is an assistant manager? She should be fired! You should be ashamed of yourself CVS! What kind of employees are you hiring??

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I have been going to this pharmacy to get my same prescription filled since January. My physician used to write my script to fill every 10 days but recently changed it to every 30 days. With the type of prescription I have there are limits to where I can only refill it one day earlier than the refill date. I have never had an issue before today. When my prescription was written for 10 supply I would refill it 9 days after the last one was filled. Since my script was changed to refill every 30 days I now can refill it only 1 day early still.

Well all has been fine until my recent visit. I went to refill my script last month when it was due on 7/25. At that time they advised me they did not have enough in stock to give me all 30 days. They gave me a 3 day supply and stated I could pick up the remaining 27 days off my script 3 days later which was fine. I went back on the 27th and picked up the rest of my script.

So I went back today to refill my script 29 days after they originally filled my last script and the pharmacy states it is too early to fill it and I can come back on the 24th to fill it. I of course questioned this stating since I originally filled this script on 7/25 they should start the 30 days then but the pharmacy tech argued with me stating they go off of the last refill date and would not help me. Knowing they were wrong I called their corporate number 1-800 shop CVS to complain as I knew waiting until the 24th to fill it would mean I would be out of my medicine. The corporate pharmacist was very helpful to me and agreed the in store pharmacist gave me incorrect information and advised the issue was resolved and I could go back to the store to pick up my script. When I went back the pharmacist and pharmacy tech we're not very pleased that I had called corporate and didn't even offer an apology.

The pharmacist filled my script finally but instead of putting it in a prescription bottle as they have always done before she just gave me the original box the medication came in with my patient label slapped on it. This whole situation was bad customer service on the store's end that could have caused me to miss a few days of my medication. Very dissatisfied with the experience to say the least!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

This CVS in Escondido off Center City is the worse. They have given me wrong medication, they are rude. Worse ever. I have been going here over a year and problems never change. I'm done changing anywhere. Do not go here.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

After being released from a week in the hospital I tried to get my prescriptions filled. I was given the wrong strength medication and I was told that was what's on the prescription. I had a copy of the prescription & they actually lied. Then I waited for over a week being told the correct medication would be in the next day. After a week I had the prescription sent to Costco Pharmacy to fill and had the medication the next day. I would NEVER USE CVS AGAIN. I was so sick I didn't need all this stress trying to purchase my medication.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.
    • Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.
    • Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.
    • Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.
    • Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.
    • Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs