3.60/5
Based on 3,018 ratings submitted in the last year

2027 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

PLEASE BEAR WITH ME. The staff probably 4 at least was great. I picked up a prescription of Diabetes test strips in April. The charge was $16.64 (I knew it should be $0.00). I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks. 5 weeks later the check arrived explaining that it was a credit for an overpayment. I sat on it until that same prescription was due for refill. When the cashier told me that it would be $16.64 I asked the cashier if she was sure and she said yes. I explained to her that I was asking because If I paid that $16.64, CVS would be sending me a check for $16.64 in 4 to 6 weeks just like this one and showed her the check. I then asked her if I could use that CVS check to pay for the refill. She told me that she could not accept the check.

I asked her if that was because they do not trust checks from CVS because CVS was not a good and trusted corporation. THAT GOT SOME ATTENTION. I then explained that I would not mind paying the $16.64 with my credit card and depositing the check, but I thought I might be able to save CVS $50 or 60 dollars if she was able to find the error and prevent the expense of repeating the check refund process. I explained the bank charge for the credit card, the auditor's expense, the accounting department personnel reviewing and confirming the error, The accounting department sending to the accounts payable department. the accounts payable personnel reviewing and verifying the payment and verifying the mailing address and then approving it, the expense of having a check printed, the expense of putting the check into an envelope and mailing it.

By the time I had gone through that I could see her gears another associate, the pharmacist, and manager gears all cranking. I ADDED that if I was deposit the check in my bank there would probably be some expense involved in processing the check and getting CVS to forward the money to my bank so that they could credit my account. At this point the committee spoke and the manager asked if could make a copy of the letter which had accompanied the check. I NATURALLY said, "Of course. Please do." She assured me that she would not make a copy of the check. I replied "Feel free to copy it. I am not afraid of you knowing who CVS banks with or having information about CVS."

After some discussion it was determined that the problem was probably caused by a policy which does not allow CVS to recognize and bill supplemental Insurance plans. I asked if they had many customers who might be old enough to be on Medicare and might use a supplemental plan. Before I left I promised them that I would be back in three months with another check from CVS for $16.64 to see if it could then be used to pay for the new refill.

BTW I will not feel bad if this review is not published. After an extensive search I was not able to find a place to send a message to customer care so I hope that this information gets forwarded to them. IF THIS SITE WERE TO ASK for a star rating I would give the staff at CVS 5 stars. HAS ANYONE BOTHERED TO READ the paragraph below? I am checking it in spite of the wording which would prohibit any all customers of CVS from checking if they had ever made a purchase "business relationship with this organization". Have your corporate lawyers seen that?

Original review: April 26, 2019

We always get such wonderful service and professional advice with concern from the pharmacy staff of Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Target CVS (Brookwood Village, Homewood, Alabama, 35209), Store Number 17642. For example, last month, 03/21/2019, they had all our prescriptions ready right the moment we got to the checkout. We highly recommend others to let Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Brookwood Target CVS Pharmacy be their family pharmacy too. Please forward this compliment to the superiors of CVS Pharmacy because we really appreciate and say thanks for the fantastic service. Thanks and God bless! Mark

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My wait time is generally 10-20 minutes - on busy days I may have to come back to the store, I don't consider this a negative. The pharmacy holds prescriptions for a good amount of time if I cannot make it there to pick the up. The SMS service is handy. My only negative is that there is a rotating staff all the time. I have not had the same pharmacist(s) for longer than 6 months it seems. The new faces are friendly and are knowledgeable, but it would be nice to have a pharmacist stay at a location. I suppose I am just nostalgic for a time when things did not change so often.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently received a Drug Recall letter from CVS of ** 100 mg, 50 mg and 25 mg tablets. This recall was issued because an unexpected impurity was found in these products that may cause health risks. I was notified that their records showed I may have received a prescription for ** and I received a complete list of Lot numbers and NDC numbers and Drug strengths Affected. I did not receive much information over the phone however, when I took my medication to the CVS pharmacy (with the recall letter), they checked the information on my bottle as well as recent prescriptions I had received from them. And, informed me that none of my Drugs were on the Recall list. My wait time was less than 10 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had such a positive experience with the staff, Eden, Casandra, Winnie and Alex, at CVS in Kalihi on Wednesday evening, January 2. While waiting for my shingles shot, I observed how well they interacted with all the customers, directing them to the right window and answering numerous questions. They were pleasant, patient, caring and service oriented. Eden, Casandra and Winnie were bilingual and freely conversed in both Tagalog or Ilocano, and English, putting the customers at ease while they waited to place or pick up their prescriptions. The Pharmacist Alex, worked quickly to minimize the wait for most who were there after a day at work or eager to get the prescribed medications home to their ill family members.

The teamwork was evident by their efficiency, the cleanliness of the store and their knowledge. When my medical insurance coverage indicated my cost for the shot was high, Eden reconfirmed my cost, then advised me of the amount. I assured her that it was accurate and I would pay the $170+ fee. It was reassuring to know that she took the effort to double check my coverage and to advise me before the pharmacist administered the shot. This is a small neighborhood CVS Pharmacy, the concern and work ethic of these young ladies is admirable. They should be commended for the outstanding job they do and are definitely assets to CVS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My experience with CVS pharmacy in general. While trying to refill a prescription I have been having trouble with the Olive Blvd branch for at least a year. When a new refill comes in the previous Rx is not discontinued, not sure if it is per their policy. So multiple attempts to receive new Rx results in submitting the old Rx despite putting in a different number. Then when insurance policy changes and I would prefer 30 day supply as I previously received, I get a 90 day supply. The pharmacist goes in after the fact and changes it to the 30 day which again reverts to 90 days so the cycle repeats.

Now this is my 3rd refill and after calling my doctor's office to change prescription for 30 days I find they (pharmacy) have been changing unbeknownst to me to 90 days though my Rx bottle says 30 days with 11 refills it is not seen in their computer. Of course I am confused and upset. The pharmacist I spoke with does not let me explain what happens and keeps repeating that is not what she sees, etc. After much back and forth and very unprofessional behavior she finally tells me my insurance company has them switch my doctors prescription over to 90 day supply. I had never received a phone call to verify this or explain this new policy.

I am deeply disturbed by the way this company handled this situation. And I will note that I had a previous experience with this company after I had a scheduled II drug prescribed to find out it was already given to “another” person. I eventually got my medication but looking back perhaps that should have been my first warning. I live in Missouri and frequent the store near Olive Blvd and Ballas Rd in St. Louis. I do not like writing bad reviews rather preferring to put in positive ones. But felt the need to express my experience. I hope they will do better in the future.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

As an older person I appreciate the routine in my life. I fill 3 prescriptions every month and CVS is always very busy so I make an extra effort to come in early on the exact date my refills are due. That was today, a Saturday. The pharmacist told me he couldn’t fill my routine prescription and he got upset. He is about 80 years old and very nervous. I’d never seen him before so he wasn’t a regular pharmacist. I asked to speak to the pharmacy tech who I know from my monthly visits. She is always a little rude to me but I pretend not to notice. She is like that to a lot of people. She tells me to be quiet and she’ll help me next. She does not do that. She helps every other customer first and then tells me to calm down.

I haven’t done anything up to this point but she has told me to be quiet and wait and now to calm down. She ultimately says she won’t help me and the store manager asks her to please help me but she says no and the manager says she has no control over the pharmacy. I asked her if she wanted me to take my business elsewhere and the tech says yes. No one is in charge at the pharmacy. My prescriptions remain unfilled and there’s no way to deal with this until Monday. Never come to this pharmacy. There’s only a chance you’ll get there on a day when they have better staff. This is the world we live in now.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

From time to time, over time, there have been issues at the local CVS which are not store-specific. Each attempt reach out through its customer care telephone number, the voice-activated system simply gives error message after error message, then hangs up. Emailing is the same: Complete the form with all the requested information, provide feedback in the notes, submit: error message after error message. It obviously does not care to consider the customer or their experience.

Recently the local CVS installed self-service check-out. And, not only do they not work, but, each time someone tries to use them the cashier has to walk away from their customers in order to fix some problem with the machines. Total disaster. But, the company will never know because it provides no avenue for feedback. Even the store management indicated that it has the same challenges in contacting corporate. Time to spend my money elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Read the reviews. Looks like every once in a while CVS Pharmacy by chance hires a good employee. They obviously need better hiring practices. The Reg pharmacists have the training to be professional but even they are compromised by work loads, inexperienced help(?), and not having the space for all the new drugs. They also have sweetheart deals with inferior drug companies. Our substandard pharmacy experiences are with the Ledgewood, NJ. store. Wife has to go off auto refills because she was way far ahead of the number of meds. If the doc changes the med or dose then she paid for meds she does not need. They do not take overfills back. Now if you call for a refill the "system" tells you to use up what you have to force you to autofill! It is too easy to run out with CVS. What a mess. Forced to change.

Original review: July 30, 2019

This is not a review for the store, as it's not their fault. My review is more for corporate/management. Unfortunately, I have been unable to fill a prescription for the past 2 months because prescription has been out of stock/backordered. The store refused to transfer prescription as it had already been transferred from CVS off Parker. Advice to management: if you have a prescription that's been backordered for 2+ months then an exception should be made for transfers. Thankfully my prescription is one taken as needed. I can't imagine what a nightmare it would be if it were for a prescription that was taken daily. I will not continue filling my prescriptions here.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs