1.27/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 25, 2018

1705 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 25, 2018

First, last fall, my “refill is ready” notices was changed to text rather than phone, then I was badgered into changing to 90 day prescriptions, I cannot get them to stop contacting my physician for refills (need blood work) even when responding No. In fairness I was successful in getting one of my 4 prescriptions to a 30 day supply after many phone calls. All of this is controlled at corporate and can’t be edited locally or personalized. This is not about customer service. It’s about CVS profitability. It will be interesting to see how this plays out for CVS with a one size fits all approach to drug purchases, especially with the older population. Only one way to stop “automatic” - pull out and go to another pharmacy. So disappointing as I used to be a HUGE fan of CVS service back when it was personalized which as I recall is how they built their empire.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Back on Tuesday, April 17, 2018, I had purchased two (2) of their bottles of Blue Buddha Organic Wellness Tea at the CVS store located at 1843 South La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90035 (310) 558-0373 at approximately 9:30 a.m. and I bought the bottles for the sole purpose of my workout at the LA Fitness location just outside of the store.

Unfortunately, when I opened up one of the bottles, I ended up cutting my finger because one of the bottles had at least two (2) pieces of glass stuck to the bottle in two (2) different places. Furthermore, the glass obviously came from the side of the bottle and was not just put there out of the blue and yes, I did contact the manufacturer who told ME that all of their bottles are extremely well made and will not break, however, the question that still remains is how did the broken pieces of glass that cut and injured my finger get there?

Well according to the manufacturer this was caused by one and/or by several of your CVS Health Employees who were careless with their boxes and/or products and may have hit them against something during the transportation and/or movement process which could include throwing the boxes around and/or mishandling them.

In any case, CVS Health is 100% responsible for the cut on my finger because their employees have allowed other pieces of broken glass from their other products to land and/or remain on the Blue Buddha Organic Wellness Tea Bottle that I had purchased on that day! Please note: furthermore, during my experience with your product, I did not drop the bottle at all and I attempted to consume it during one of my workout classes at LA Fitness where the incident happened.

In Fact, I still have the bottle in my possession, including the two (2) pieces of glass that were connected to the bottle which I have kept in an envelope. Moving right along: When I finished my workout, I then made an immediate appointment to see the office of Doctor Dale ** and seen the Nurse Practitioner who took additional photos, made a report and gave me some ** antibiotic and alcohol prep to use for the next three (3) days.

Please NOTE: In addition: If you need the store receipt showing proof of purchase. My response: "I was in a rush to get to my workout class this morning and did not take the receipt with me, however, I did go right back to the store at around 12:00 p.m. that very same day and filed an Incident report with Mr. **, Store Manager and even he could see the broken pieces of glass on the bottle as well!"

Please note: I have already filed an very serious complaint with their Customer Relations Office and was only given a case number and no resolution was ever provided! Enclosed, in the attachments, please find pictures showing you my injury and pictures of the glass bottle showing you where the glass was located that caused my injury for your reference and further review. Since no resolution, nor response was ever properly provided, I therefore have no other recourse except to go to small claims court and solve it there! CVS Health has absolutely no respect, nor dignity for any of their customers and accepts no responsibility for any of their negligence!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 18, 2018

I have been using this service for years and have not been happy but this is what comes with my medical insurance which is the Blue Cross / Blue Service Federal Employee program. They have just been very difficult to deal with on many levels. Service is simply not user friendly. Prior Authorization is a nightmare. Takes too long to get an answer and their refusals simple defy common sense. My most recent issue is that they change my insulin prescriptions from a 90 day supply to a 60 day supply. When I called I got an explanation that simply did not make sense. Avoid this company if you can.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have reordered my script for two months now, still they have not filled it, my doctor faxed over the script 3 times? This is almost May and I have been at this since March? It's for antibiotics for an ear infection. Are you serious? This location is run by inept people on North Reading Road in Ephrata PA. They put up cardboard signs saying, "drive thru is closed" when they don't wanna wait on customers? The store manager is a lazy woman. I NEED MY SCRIPT FILLED TO GET RID OF AN EAR INFECTION!!! I'll be deaf by time you fill it!!! There is no need, you are putting some people's lives in danger doing this. Next I will contact the Health Department and the Attorney General's office, if you don't or can't fill scripts don't offer a pharmacy.

Original review: April 13, 2018

We have been using CVS pharmacy for years. We moved about 4 months ago and my son’s script was transferred to the local CVS. My son is ADHD and requires medicine to go to school. His doctor’s office does digital prescriptions. The doctor sent the prescription is as he had done the previous 3 months, and I received a phone call stating that they only had 15 of the 30 on his prescription and could not fill it for 9 days until they had a shipment the following week. The male on the phone informed me that I could pick up the 15 but it would forfeit the remainder of his script and they do not let the doctor’s office know that we did not pick up his entire prescription. Wait...What? So I asked where can I pick it up and they said another store may have it and gave me their number. I spoke to the doctor’s office and they sent in the script to the other CVS the next day.

When I called to check on it, they told me they did not have my son in the system as ever using CVS before and had no prescriptions for him. So back to the doctor’s office. While there, both the nurse and myself started calling CVS’s to see if anyone had 30 of his medicine in stock. The first one I called informed me they saw his prescription in the computer for another store but could not tell me if they could fill it or not because it was against Federal Law, which I told her I knew better than that and she then changed her story to it was against company policy. So I am supposed to have them send a script over he needs to go to school and then find out they do not have it and he misses another day of school? No. Meanwhile, the nurse gets through to the original pharmacy that now tells her they have it in stock all 30 but they require a paper prescription.

They have no record of anyone calling me and saying they only have 15. What?? So they wanted me to pick up half a script that was digitally sent in and lied about only having half of it and legally have to report only half of it was picked up and was told they do not do this. So where do the remaining 15 go?? Sounds like someone was trying to pocket his medicine which my son is required to have for school! I changed pharmacies and they had it ready same day after being digitally sent over. I don’t know what scam CVS was trying to pull but it seems like they were fishing for 2 prescriptions for medicine they had in stock! Very very dangerous ground there. This could come back on us and mess with his health and education! They are a very shady company that seems to change policy to whatever works for them.

And they never asked for verification of who I was when they called me. Which is illegal. This has happened repeatedly with other people who also use CVS. They will call and ask about your prescription without verifying who you are, and they call in and ask about theirs and never confirm who they are. So anyone can pretend to be you if they call from your phone but they will not give anyone a straight answer about how to fill a child’s prescription. He missed 3 days of school over it. I will never use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: April 11, 2018

I signed up for this thinking that I would get it about the end of my previous prescription. Which the first few were fine but then it started coming earlier and earlier to the point I had just started one and had 2 more prescriptions at home already. I ended up cancelling it because I hated it. Now I get these texts Every time I get a refill but don't put it on their refill program. It's extremely annoying. I would definitely not recommend this program at all.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Corporate Control of Unelected Insurance Company Claiming to be a Pharmacy. 1st, pain management candidates undergo background checks, random drug testing, etc. All other medications are tried, with any opioid being the last choice option. This process takes months, and life savings. My initial evaluation took place 20 years ago. All patients continue to undergo random drug testing. If anything (even alcohol) is detected the contract is void. Now CVS/Caremark, has voided all of this parole-like monitoring. With no warning CVS/Caremark changed their policies for both end of life and chronic pain patients. For two months I was allowed to pay out-of-pocket for the 20 year regimen I've been on. However this week I was denied service totally. I hope enough people can overcome being labeled as the lowest of the low, to force this monopoly to change its ways.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Dropped off script. Pharmacy said I had to wait for a prior authorization. I paid for a couple of them. Waited 2 days to see if the prior authorization went through and then they said I was too early. Never had this happen to me before and needed prior authorization before 2 and they've never made me wait to get the rest of my script. Call district manager. She was supposed to fix it. Called the pharmacy and pharmacist hung up on me.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I have been using CVS pharmacy in Stratford NJ for about 20 years. Until 2012 I never had any issues with being shorted prescription pills or medication (at least that I had noticed). The first time I called to express my concern about a prescription that was short medication the pharmacy staff member said there was nothing they could do since I'd already left the store and the medication was a controlled substance. It wasn't a big deal at the time as I didn't need to take all of the medication that was supposed to be there. Today (April 2, 2018) I came home with 5 prescriptions (2 controlled medications that can be deadly if not taken as prescribed). Counted them both and 1 of the prescriptions was short exactly 5 pills! I only received 25 out of 30 pills. Again I called the pharmacy immediately and was met with the same response.

The medication is a controlled substance and therefore was "double counted to assure the correct number of pills." Since it's a controlled substance, they cannot dispense any more than what I received! I understand the policy as some people may abuse these medications so I asked the pharmacy personnel to make note of the incident (though I do not believe I was taken seriously). I find this pharmacy to be extremely irresponsible with their "controlled substances" and if I even decide to return to this or ANY CVS pharmacy, I will be counting out my medication on the counter in front of a pharmacy staff member.

Original review: March 31, 2018

The sale of these companies of 3 to 1 is wrong. Already CVS/Caremark is dictating how I as a retiree am allowed to have our family prescriptions filled. Being on a fixed Social Security and pension budget. Purchasing 3 month supplies hurts. One of my wife's prescription cost $25.00 per month, but CVS/Caremark says I can only purchase it for her in a 3 month supply for $75.00 and only from them. Now they are attacking my wife's free medication, saying our 30-day trial is over, which we never had (we have a 12-month coupon at our chosen drugstore) and that a new prescription is required for a 90-day prescription with only them.

An insurance carrier should NOT owned a dental company NOR a pharmacy nor be influenced by them. THAT IS A CONFLICT OF INTEREST. They say 90 day will be cheaper. That is SO WRONG! Our prescriptions cost the same at our chosen drug store versus CVS. Whether 90 day or 30. I have the records to prove it. Also, CVS has removed the "Chose Your own pharmacy from Caremark". Again that is wrong.

Original review: March 29, 2018

My CVS in Coatesville Pennsylvania on Reeceville Road has a new labeling technique and can only use these large huge bottles even if you only have 5 pills you still get a large bottle which in this day and time is such a waste and because of it and storage issues I'm changing to a different Pharmacy. I did complain and it went down the chain to where my poor pharmacist felt the need to apologize and it's not even her fault it's the company. Shame on CVS for wasting.

Original review: March 27, 2018

CVS Store Manager (Store 3765), 19198 South Dixie Hwy, Miami, FL 33157 - After a lot of thinking, I reached a conclusion that my bad experience with CVS had to be shared, and, while I have been a long-time and faithful patron of CVS across several states, I am now reconsidering that decision. On 3/23/2018 at approximately 5:30 PM, I drove up to your pharmacy for TWO reasons: 1) To drop an emergent veterinarian prescription for ** for my ailing dog. 2) To reorder ** without a doctor’s note since I thought I had at least one refill still available.

I was assured that both orders would be filled within a couple of hours and I intended to pick them up that same night. However, I was not able to leave my dog’s side until approximately 1:00 PM the following day when I rushed to the pharmacy. I then told your employee that there had to be TWO prescriptions in the bin for me. She looked around and produced TWO prescription bags stapled together. I paid her without losing a second and rushed home with the primary intention of administering the ** to my dog. Unfortunately, neither ** nor ** had been included in the TWO paper bags that I was given at the pharmacy counter but auto-refills of two other meds that I did not need. Hence I was pressed to return to the pharmacy for the desired two prescriptions. OK. Somehow we resolved the ** issue but I did not have time to wait for an explanation. I’ve got it and gave it to my dog.

Regarding the botched ** request on 3/23/2018, the pharmacy employee told me that the prescription had already expired on 3/21/2018 so that I would need a new prescription. Fortunately, I had a new doctor’s prescription in my wallet so I gave it to him. Please note that I had tried to reorder the ** on 3/10/2018 but was told that I could not refill it “until at least 3/21/2018” and was asked to reorder it after 3/21/2018. So, on 3/23/2018, I had the opportunity to request both ** and ** together. However, I was then told that the ** prescription had expired on 3/21/2018. Huh? Are you as confused as I am? Moreover, surprisingly, or not, the new prescription for ** on 3/23/2018 was not ready when promised so I was asked to wait there until it was filled.

OK. Browsing the CVS aisles waiting for the **, I saw “fish oil gel caps” (two jars, factory-sealed together in a single pack) and brought it to the pharmacy counter with the intention of buying it together with the **. I tried to use a coupon (40% OFF ANY single item) that I had been given a few days earlier but the pharmacy attendant told me that she could not honor the coupon because the caps were in a pack that was actually considered TWO items, not a SINGLE item, and that if I had any questions I should bring it up to the attention of the front cashier. I asked her to please sell me only one jar but she said that she could not open the pack because it was being sold as a SINGLE item. Huh? Was it a single item or two? So I politely left the item at the pharmacy counter and paid only for the **.

Nevertheless, on the way out I saw a single jar of fish oil gel caps and wanted to give it try. I put it in the shopping cart and brought it to the front cashier, but this time the cashier said she could not honor the 40% OFF coupon, even though it was a single jar, because the item was ON SALE. Please note that I do not recall seeing any sign describing that the item was indeed on sale but did not care for engaging into an argument. Again, I politely declined to buy the fish oil gel caps and left the store.

I cannot overstate how frustrating and upsetting this last experience at CVS has been. It may sound silly and petty to share this with you a few days after the fact, but it is neither silly nor petty to me. The above is just the latest series of inconvenient, misleading and/or confusing experiences at CVS stores. I recall several times when advertised sale prices were not being honored because they had not been updated in the computer system, or when doctor prescriptions had been lost or misplaced. In short, I am actively pursuing switching from CVS to a different grocery and pharmacy store.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I’ve attempted to make online purchases with CVS many times and they NEVER approve my purchases even though three of my banks have told me there’s NO reason for them to decline my orders! Further I’ve spent several hours on the phone attempting to figure out “why” and CVS supervisors have NO reason whatsoever to decline my purchases. The online website put my purchase through TWICE after asking for my security code a second time. Also, they are currently tying up $105.00 of my credit line to make a $35.22 purchase, (going on 3 days now) my bank said they’re holding up my funds saying “pending.” CVS supervisor insisted that I try to make the purchase again with him and again they declined my purchase! Total of “THREE” pending purchases now and I only wanted ONE!??

Original review: March 20, 2018

I called in to the new CVS Pharmacy in Syracuse, Utah and wanted to change locations because I live in Syracuse and don't like driving 25 minutes to the other CVS Pharmacy in Riverdale Utah. I ask the Pharmacist if he would fill my prescriptions that I have been on for years. His reply was, "How much do you need?" I told him and then he said, "Why do you need it?" and I told him I have a very painful disease called Interstitial Cystitis and have been battling this disease for over 15 years. And his reply was, "No, I won't fill it, I don't think you need it." and I was kind of shocked and ended the call. I had a doctor's appointment the next day and told him about this situation and my doctor was very upset that I was treated that way and that I shouldn't let it go.

So I went in to the Riverdale Pharmacist and ask her what rights they have as pharmacists and if this new pharmacist Jeremy ** had that right. She gave me a few examples of when they have the right to refuse certain medications but she also said the way new Pharmacist went about it, was way out of line. So I went in to the new Pharmacy and wanted to give the Pharmacist an opportunity to explain himself and apologize. Well, it did not go as I expected, I asked him if he remembered talking with me and he said he did and I said, "I don't feel like I was treated very fair and I wanted you to know that you should be careful about the way you judge and treat patients and clients." With no hesitation he says something along the lines of, he has more power than my doctor and that he could get the other pharmacist fired and that he could do whatever he wanted and there is nothing I could do about it.

He said my doctor didn't know what he was doing. He said that he has a lot of power and simply laughed in my face. Now let me paint a picture for you, this pharmacist spoke so everyone in the store could hear my personal information. He laughs at me like I was a nobody and my daughter was with me and she asked me, "Why was that man was so mean?" I feel that he was completely out of line, he was very disrespectful. I feel he is discriminating against me because of my disability, I feel he was basically practicing medicine, telling me that the doctors have been prescribing me medication wrong for 15 years. I feel he showed unprofessional conduct and I want everyone to know that he is wrong, and I don't want anyone to have to go through what I went through.

I am a very confident person and am not afraid to voice my opinion, to be honest I'm not afraid of anyone. So I am doing this for all the people that are scared and are not confident enough to stand up against someone that only cares about his ego. I am filing any complaint I can find, and have started with the State Board of Pharmacy, the ADA, the Medical Licensing Board and with HIPAA. Please stand up for those who can't or don't have the ability to. This pharmacist is the most unprofessional arrogant person I have ever meet. Please don't give him the satisfaction of treating people the way he wants and laugh and degrade you because of a sickness or disease or chronic pain you may have to deal with. I am not going to stop fighting, until this jerk apologizes and or has repercussions for his actions.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I should be more skeptical. I gave them respect that they actually did not deserve. My insurance coverage changed and had to find another Pharmacy. I chose CVS in Warminster, Pa. From my first visit to my last they could not get dosage correct, the quantity correct and they actually seemed annoyed to fill a script. I HOPE that I never try putting lipstick on a pig again. Sorry my fault. Thank you.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I had a very large bill from CVS Specialty so I was making payments then they called and said I needed to make a higher payment or they would turn me into a collection agency. I explained I have numerous medical bills but I asked what did I need to pay. They told me minimum $190 a month. I told them fine I would just because I have great credit and I am always on time with my bills so I don’t want any issues. The representative then asked for my debit card to automatically take the payments and I said no. I am not comfortable with that but I will make sure I mail you a check every month on time. He told me as long as I paid $190 every month the bill would be paid off in time and I would not be turned into a collection agency.

So I have been sending $200 payments every 3 and a half weeks to make sure they are on time. Yesterday I get a call that they did turn me into collections. When I called them to ask why this representative told me it's because I was mailing checks and not giving them my debit card so my payments didn’t count as a payment plan??? Yet she did say she could see all my on time payments and I already have the bill paid half way down. Yet they still turned it over. How is this fair? How is this legal? I am paying what they asked and on time and I was told that would be enough. I don’t have to let them have access to my debit card. I cannot believe a company can just do this to someone. Someone needs to do something about this.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I have been a CVS customer for approximately 20 years and will NEVER use them again. I have several chronic conditions including fibromyalgia which cause me severe pain. I have had the SAME DOCTOR for about 4 years and one of my prescriptions has been the same for 2 years. In the last year or so, I have had nothing but problems getting my pain medication and my muscle relaxers. They are always "out" or "it's too soon to fill." I have a prior authorization that states how many pills and the time frame for them. I had taken to marking the pickup date and when they were allowed in my calendar because I was having so many problems.

Last Friday (3/09/2018) was the last straw. As stated, my script has been the same for TWO YEARS and the doctor for FOUR. On Friday, the pharmacist "decided" that the "1" on the script looked like an "afterthought" and only filled 50. Had I not gone inside, I would have been stuck with that for the month. Now, I dropped off the script at 12:30 p.m. and the doctors' office closes at 5:00 p.m. All they had to do was either look back through my history or DO THEIR JOB and call the doctor for clarification if there was a question. Instead, they filled the 50 so I had to drive back to the doctor Monday, get a new script for the remainder and drive back (40 miles altogether).

Then, they tried to tell me it was to soon to fill and I had to wait 2 days. I explained that the mix-up happened on Friday, they were still sitting back there and that I had never picked them up. Then, they "weren't sure they had enough" so (yes, I was frustrated). I told them that they better find them. It was their incompetence that made me be there anyway and that I WAS NOT coming back yet again and frankly, I felt they owed me gas money on top of getting the medication. This type of poor customer service and frankly inability to do their job has gotten worse over the last year.

I also found out I am not the only one sick of them, When I switched pharmacies, the lady there asked me "are you sick of them like everyone else?" as soon as I told them what pharmacy I had been using. I will NEVER go back to them because of their current climate of "everyone is an addict" policy. I have many medications and they just lost all of my business, my family's business, and everyone I talk to will be told. For the sake of your own sanity and health, go anywhere else.

Original review: March 14, 2018

The employees and pharmacists are great, helpful, very thorough, clean environment. The Pharmacists are SPECTACULAR, VERY INFORMATIVE AND ALWAYS FRIENDLY! I would not have any other pharmacy, thank you so much for this store in Wauchula, FL.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I have been getting text messages that my prescriptions are ready to pick up. I called the pharmacy trying to verify which prescription is this, since I was under the impression that all my refills are done for my blood pressure medication & it's time for me to see the doctor. I made a call while I was at work & the pharmacist "Julia" picked up the phone. Ever since she started talking to me she was talking with an attitude & I was being very patient all throughout. Since I was prescribed with different strength on the same medication I kept asking few questions to verify that they had not filled an old prescription since they all had refills. The pharmacist got very annoyed & every time I asked her a question, she kept "sigh"ing. I let her know that she's being very rude to me & she was not the right person to pick up a phone & deal with the patients. Her excuse was, "I cannot hear you".

This is my neighborhood pharmacy & we have been with them for the past 20+ years & all my family & relatives always go to this pharmacy. Lately all these new employees at the pharmacy are full of attitude & IF CVS customer service doesn't take any action I would take my medications & business to RITE AIDE or any private pharmacy which are all around me. She just spoiled my day & hiked my blood pressure. Pathetic!

Original review: March 13, 2018

The pharmacists at my CVS Pharmacy was willing to keep working to find something that my insurance would cover. She also found the pill that was prescribed for me might cause an allergic reaction according to my allergies list. She not only saved me from another allergic reaction but also a lot of money.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The entire staff of my local CVS is welcoming, attentive, and responsive to any questions that I may have. This is especially important in the pharmacy. I never had such positive experiences at Eckerd's or Walgreens'.

Original review: March 10, 2018

The CVS at 61st and Lewis is a wonderful store! You are greeted as you enter, the store is always nice and clean. The pharmacist Austen is fantastic! You won't regret using this store!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I was trying to fill a prescription at CVS in Brockton, Massachusetts. They told me that my insurance computer system was down and they couldn't fill it. Come to find out it was CVS's systems and they knew it.

Original review: March 3, 2018

The CVS pharmacy I love is my favorite. The customer service is excellent and I find everything I'm looking for at a good price. I really like to get my medicine because they give it to me immediately. I recommend it much since its staff gives an excellent service, the products are easy to find, the store is very neat and very clean.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Do not - ever - register to CVS website and make an online shopping because I only made an order for once, which was only a body cleaning product and it’s been 3 months that I have been seeing the same extra charging in my bank statements for at least 3 times that this company has charged me over 20-25$ for no reason. I tried to delete my debit card information from the account and checked all the settings on the website but nothing is working. I’m going to sue them for this fraud.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I have been in the rewards program ever since my insurance is CVS store. Every year I have a problem of receiving my $ 5.00 rewards. Plus it takes 10 business days before they process the script you picked up today. I called 2 weeks ago to find out where my reward was. They said they are still processing it. It would be there on Friday. I called today Tuesday and nothing. Spoke to agent and supervisor and they told me they had to put it into a review and it would take me another 10 business days. By the time I got my scripts on 2/8/18 I might get my rewards on the March 15th if I'm lucky. It is not worth the???

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Worst CVS ever! I have bought many gift cards over my life without a single problem, as I'm sure we all have. Buying one from here is a nightmare! On two separate occasions I have paid for a gift card from this CVS only to have them both be absolutely useless. One for Macy's and one for AmericanExpress. If you're planning on buying a gift card, or anything else for that matter, I strongly implore you to bring your business elsewhere. When contacting the management for a 2nd time (after speaking with AmEx gift cards for over an hour) I spoke with Curtis who had a horrible attitude and told me that it's not his problem and there's nothing he can do. I would expect a lot more from a respected company such as CVS.

We buy these gift cards in confidence and good faith... Imagine giving your elderly Grandmother a gift card to Macy's as a special treat. Only to have her go shopping and find at the register it's absolutely useless. Or giving your 14 year old daughter an AmEx gift card. She was very happy and excited to get it. Again only to go shopping and have the person at the register say the gift card doesn't work. Having to put everything back because of incompetence on the part of CVS. The embarrassment and disappointment is unacceptable. I don't think CVS should even be allowed to sell gift cards at this point and I think that this location should not even be in business.

After dealing with CVS and calling AmEx I was told to dispute it with my credit card company. Wonderful customer service from a world-class company (insert sarcastic tone here)! They'll take your money and charge your card but good luck getting it back. I usually don't leave reviews, especially bad ones but I felt obligated to. And all for a $100 gift card! It was a lot of money for me, for something that should be pretty simple, and now it will be tied up for the next several weeks until it is refunded. I will never shop at CVS again for anything. Hello Walgreens!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

My 23 year old daughter had her tonsils out. She needed a return visit to the ER to evaluate the pain that had not decreased in 6 days. Her doctor gave her a prescription for ** 7.5-325mg/15ml solution. My insurance requires me to use CVS Pharmacies. Not one pharmacy in a 20 mile radius carried the medication!! What??? How do you not have a prescribed medication anywhere. Fortunately this occurred in the early afternoon and I was able to get in contact with the doctor regarding this. She was equally as frustrated because she's had issues with CVS Pharmacies before. Fortunately - again - I was able to get to the office before closing to pick up a different prescription for **. This was a 25 mile drive each way.

Had my daughter been released later that day/night and I was not able to pick up her replacement narcotic prescription, she would have had to suffer with pain rating of an 8 out of 10 for an additional day. She's a tough girl and doesn't complain about pain so when she says she's in pain - she's in pain. Pain control is number 1 in the medical field and CVS dropped the ball 110%. My insurance changed at the beginning of the year and this was my 1st experience with CVS. Not impressed at all! Really wish I didn't have to use CVS. Walgreens was MUCH better, all the way around.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I just switched to a CVS Pharmacy. So in trying to clarify my med needs the first time I was ignored. Second time guess what. I called a week prior to when I was going to run out and this new pain patch is wonderful. I've only been on it a month so the next time I need it filled they say, "We don't have enough in stock" so I Will be without my patch for 2 days. Nice huh. Well the pharmacist on duty that was In charge was Jason!!! My other meds that I called in at the beginning of the week were not ordered or on their way yet 5 day’s notice. Come on.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

On Feb 8, 2018 my husband went to pick up my daughter's medicine from the pharmacy. She had the flu, so Doc prescribed Tamiflu. They gave him the medicine, and I received a call about 20 minutes after he left saying, "Check the medicine to make sure it is correct". I'm at work, so I frantically call my daughter to let her know not to take it and tell me what it says. She is 15 by the way. She read it to me and it was correct, so I called CVS back to see what was going on, it took 15 minutes for them to pick up the phone, and then she says, "Oh, well make sure the pills are correct, what do they look like?" I'm like, "Lady I'm at work, what did you guys give her??!"

SO I called back, apparently it was correct, but they were supposed to give 15 and she only received 9. Then she tells me some lady in Facebook messaging her frantic about she got some medicine with my daughter's name on it and all her personal information and she is going to call CVS and raise hell! My daughter was like, "What is going on?" So I told her, "Don't take anything, this is ridiculous?!" When I got home, we looked at medicine, what we had was good, so she went ahead and took it.

In the meantime, the other lady continued to text her saying she can't believe this, this is a HPPA violation and she said she was reporting them. I agreed, but really just wanted my daughter to feel better so I haven't had any time to argue or call CVS back. As of today, 2/17/18, CVS has been called numerous times by this other lady, they gave her some gift cards or some credits she said, but CVS has NEVER once called us back to apologize or explain anything, or give us the rest of the medicine that they know they gave to someone else?!!

So, now, after I gave them time to figure this all out, I'm writing my reviews and calling BBB and CVS Corporate office. I am also of course, transferring all my other prescriptions to another pharmacy. I'm mad that all my 15 year old's info is in the hands of a stranger, and that she didn't get all her medicine that was paid for, but I'm even more upset that CVS doesn't have any common decency to call us and explain anything, we have to hear it from a stranger that has my daughter's personal info!!!

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs