CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.8/5 (1970 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I can't drive so my husband went to CVS Pharmacy to get my medication as they called me to let me know that It was ready to pick up. When my husband arrived it was not ready, he had errands to do so he told them that will come back later. They told him that in an hour it would be ready. To prevent this from happening again I called the pharmacy to ask them to start sending my medicines by mail ... I can't believe it, I started at 12:10 pm and finished at 2:09 pm, it seems like it's only two hours, but no They hung up the phone and I had to call 6 times, they kept hanging up the call until I got tired of being disrespected.

Not only do patients need their medicine, but if we wouldn’t exist, they wouldn't have a job. Neither picking up the medicine, nor trying to get it delivered to me, I have been successful, I know that nothing works the same, but I also know when customer service is bad and when the person does not want to help. I hope there is a responsible person to face me.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

Our experience with COVID testing was unbelievably bad. TWICE we scheduled COVID tests online, had to wait 3 days. BOTH times tests were cancelled. CVS shouldn’t schedule and reschedule. CAUSES MORE CASES!! Not Helping.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

The CVS at 28 Abby Rd, Palmyra VA is so understaffed it is a nightmare to get a prescription filled on time. I feel sorry for the tiny overwhelmed staff. But most of all I run out of important meds before I can get a refill or new prescription. This CVS is 1 mile from my house but I guess I will have to drive much further to get better service. Also I have waited on the phone up to an hour to check on a new prescription to see if it is ready for pickup since I don't always get a text message. A pharmacist at another CVS worked at the Abby Rd pharmacy for 2 weeks and said things had improved. He encouraged me to give this pharmacy another try. It seems the improvement didn't last. CVS really needs to do better with their Pharmacy staffing situation.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2021

My company switched Insurance companies and CVS Specialty Pharmacy became my pharmacy for a specialty prescription that I’ve been on for 17 years. I literally spent 2 months trying to get my prescription switched over. CVS keep deleting my information out of the system and transferring me around to all the different departments. Finally a Care specialist with my insurance spent two weeks calling them everyday before they would approve it and they finally shipped it out. Now it’s a month later and the current shipment was put on hold and I’ve spent all morning being transferred.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

The Guadalupe and Greenfield store in Arizona used to be great but it horrible now, never staffed and the single pharmacy staff member that's there are giving Flu and Covid shots so they can’t fill prescriptions???? It’s a busy. I called my script in the day before and it still isn’t ready. What good is a pharmacy that can’t take the time or staff appropriately to be able to fill a prescription? Isn’t that this business's main function! I’m sure this is a corporate decision and not the poor pharmacist trying to handle it all but I’m looking forward a different provider.

Resolution response: Sept. 28, 2021

CVS has responded and is working with the student.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

On August 20th, in TN, a young female college student (here from another country) went to receive a COVID vaccine as advised to do so by her university. The technician gave her one shot, then told her that the syringe was "empty" and that she needed to receive a second shot and proceeded to give her a second shot. Why was an "empty" syringe lying around? The pharmacist offered her his explanation, but she wants a response from corporate. She came to me quite upset about the incident, and we have been trying to contact them for weeks now.

Agent after agent listens; we have received one case number after another but no one is willing to call us back or address the problem. One agent said district leaders might choose not to call back. The student's parents back home are beside themselves with worry on what might have gone wrong. Instead of addressing the problem, CVS corporate chooses to ignore the concerns of a young female from another country. It is shameful.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I went to the CVS store in Boonville Indiana on Friday, September 10, 2021, at 12:30 PM to get four medicines for my wife who was just released from the hospital the day before with Covid. She was to complete her recovery at home and is on oxygen. I had just come off quarantine with a mild case of Covid the 8th of September, so I decided to use the drive-up window to avoid exposing anyone in the store to any latent infection. The wait at the drive-up window was normal, roughly 30 minutes.

The hospital had ordered more drugs than we needed because we already had some in the medicine cabinet. The possibility of unneeded drugs was noted in my wife’s release papers. My wife circled the names of the drugs she needed on the hospital instructions. They were **, **, and probiotic strains. I also had a printed prescription for ** which needed to be started immediately to aid in her recovery. I handed the list with the noncritical drugs with the printed prescription to the young lady at the window with a complete explanation of what was needed; three drugs and one prescription. I took a picture of the prescription list because I wasn’t expecting to get it back and I wanted to make sure I would get what was ordered. The meta data of the picture is Friday 12:36PM. After entering information on the computer screen, the clerk handed the two papers back to me.

I asked for a phone call when the order was ready. After waiting five hours I drove the eight miles to CVS. Waited in line for half an hour before getting to the window. I asked if they had an order ready. I paid $124.42 nine items (Rcpt. Time Stamp 6:41 PM). I knew this was more than I ordered but at least 8 cars were waiting in line behind me.

The clerk leaned out the window, peering at the line of cars that were waiting for service. She said that customers had been yelling at them for days because they were running behind due to increased business caused by a spike in Covid cases. The pharmacist was throwing things behind his partition. My wife was alone, bedridden, and waiting on her prescription. Traffic was backed up to the street. I would deal with the discrepancies and resulting overcharges later. I got home and searched for the ** – the prescription wasn’t there. My wife was too ill for me to make another trip to the pharmacy that night. To be clear, CVS ignored my instructions and filled every prescription that Deaconess Hospital had ordered except the one that was critical for my wife’s recovery.

I went into the pharmacy around noon the next day. I showed the blue prescription to the pharmacist. He said the prescription hadn’t been filled and the script shouldn’t have been handed back to me. He said he would fill it right now. The clerk that filled the order the day before wasn’t there. I was fuming. I gave her simple instructions that hadn’t been followed and my wife’s treatment was delayed and could possibly affect her recovery. I told the clerk that I wanted wanted the missing clerk's name so I could report her. I told her I would wait outside while the pharmacist filled the prescription. I didn’t want to risk infecting anyone in the store because I had come off Covid quarantine three days before. I was taking the extra precaution of wearing a face mask.

When I came back into the store, I paid for the prescription, and asked for the clerk’s name who had ignored my simple instructions. The clerk said they weren’t allowed to give out names. I said, “your employee totally screwed up this order and puts my wife at risk and I have no recourse?” The pharmacist came over and said “Look, I filled your prescription, there is no reason for you to be yelling at us. We didn’t make a mistake. Please leave right now.” I smiled incredulously. “I am not yelling,” I said. “Yes, you are. Leave the store,” he said.

I thought about it for a few seconds. I was considering whether or not to give him an Adrian Cronauer “Good morning, Vietnam” yell. I decided against it because I didn’t want to frighten the customers in the store. I have yelled “Good morning, Vietnam” at the iron furnace at Model, Tennessee. The noise reverberates through the hills and valleys for more than 30 seconds before fading away. At the Colts football games, I start chants that the crowd picks up on and is carried by over half the stadium. The last time I went, the girl that was sitting in front of me asked her boyfriend to switch seats because her ears were hurting. The boyfriend and I shrugged at each other during the seat swap. Yelling at a Colts game is sort-of required. I assure you I was not yelling in the store.

The pharmacist and clerks never apologized or asked exactly what happened or what went wrong. They could have used the incident as a teaching moment. Their lack of concern for me and CVS, the company that gives them their livelihood, is appalling. To make matters worse, the clerk said “You just got over Covid? Now I have to wipe down the counter.” I didn’t bother to point out that the store response to Covid states that the counter is cleaned after every transaction. I did tell her that if they had filled out the order properly, I wouldn’t be in the store. Teaching moment, customer expectations:

• Don’t accuse the customer of anything – they pay your salary.
    • Show concern for the customer. Apologize if and when needed and mean it.
    • As a team player, invested in the company, ask exactly what happened so you can correct this problem and ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

• Know the store procedures and routinely study them. Customers should observe you following any and all procedures. You are a professional.

If you do these simple things, most customers (me included) will graciously accept your treatment of them with dignity and respect and your effort to rectify the CVS store shortcomings and leave the premises somewhat placated. They might not have bothered to write a complaint letter and put it on the internet.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

A store manager in Plano, TX talked me into signing up for CVS ExtraCare. He told me I could simply cancel at any time. NO YOU CANT'! I cannot cancel my membership nor can I delete my debit card from the account. I have emailed twice to cancel my account, but I get no response. I tried to call CVS, but I get the "unusually high volume" message which really means, "we aren't going to talk to you." RUN FROM CVS EXTRACARE unless you enjoy throwing away your money.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

So my CVS Pharmacy just up and closed. It was not doing anything with meds. The store was open but no meds. Gate down and all. So they had 7 of my meds.. PTSD nightmare med, sleeping med, inhalers so I could breathe due to covid and being intubated for 14 days and nerve meds and diabetes meds. So I really need all of the medicine. No one had a answer and the 20 year old manager told me to go back to the street corner I came from I spend 9,000 a month. That really got me hot, go back to the street corner I came from. So 3 days nothing and now we're late 2 days on **. So in 3 months these people we trust and put our lives in their hands just let me go into medical withdrawal.

First time I fell in the ground and had a seizure and 911 came. This time I didn't sleep for 72 hours and once again 911 seizures. I am contacting a lawyer and get them total neglect on me and the first time the pharmacist made me wait purpose made me wait until I went into withdrawal. My doctor even stood in front of those people and still did that to me.. I just found out 3 weeks ago I have a Brain tumor so I can't be played with like that. It's been a week since I got everything and I am still trying to get my diabetes under control again and I am still waking up screaming. But hey CVS is a trusted business lmao right. I'm gonna scream as loud as I can and I'm gonna sue the pants out of them. I am going to go anywhere that will let me write a review.... CVS I have nothing better to do and I have all the time in the world. I'm gonna be the worst person you ever hurt!!!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

My insurance requires me to get my prescriptions from CVS. I’m seriously considering getting different insurance because it’s always an ordeal. I wait 30-60 minutes in an angry line while one tech moves at a glacial pace. I’ve tried repeatedly to get through to a pharmacist on the phone but had to give up after 45 minutes or more on hold. It’s always an exercise in frustration.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information