3.49/5
Based on 1,834 ratings submitted in the last year

1999 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 26, 2019

We always get such wonderful service and professional advice with concern from the pharmacy staff of Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Target CVS (Brookwood Village, Homewood, Alabama, 35209), Store Number 17642. For example, last month, 03/21/2019, they had all our prescriptions ready right the moment we got to the checkout. We highly recommend others to let Elizabeth, Larry, and Ashley, at the Brookwood Target CVS Pharmacy be their family pharmacy too. Please forward this compliment to the superiors of CVS Pharmacy because we really appreciate and say thanks for the fantastic service. Thanks and God bless! Mark

Original review: March 18, 2019

Overall my experience with CVS is good. Their staff are friendly and willing to help. Their automated text reminders are a nuisance. You can select STOP, but it will not stop and the messages will continue for several days. In addition, the reminders do not always follow your verbal instructions. For example, I have asthma and use my emergency inhaler as needed. Therefore, I do not need to schedule this medication. I still get text messages. The system needs to be adjusted to allow for medication that is not needed on a daily basis.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My wait time is generally 10-20 minutes - on busy days I may have to come back to the store, I don't consider this a negative. The pharmacy holds prescriptions for a good amount of time if I cannot make it there to pick the up. The SMS service is handy. My only negative is that there is a rotating staff all the time. I have not had the same pharmacist(s) for longer than 6 months it seems. The new faces are friendly and are knowledgeable, but it would be nice to have a pharmacist stay at a location. I suppose I am just nostalgic for a time when things did not change so often.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I recently received a Drug Recall letter from CVS of ** 100 mg, 50 mg and 25 mg tablets. This recall was issued because an unexpected impurity was found in these products that may cause health risks. I was notified that their records showed I may have received a prescription for ** and I received a complete list of Lot numbers and NDC numbers and Drug strengths Affected. I did not receive much information over the phone however, when I took my medication to the CVS pharmacy (with the recall letter), they checked the information on my bottle as well as recent prescriptions I had received from them. And, informed me that none of my Drugs were on the Recall list. My wait time was less than 10 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had such a positive experience with the staff, Eden, Casandra, Winnie and Alex, at CVS in Kalihi on Wednesday evening, January 2. While waiting for my shingles shot, I observed how well they interacted with all the customers, directing them to the right window and answering numerous questions. They were pleasant, patient, caring and service oriented. Eden, Casandra and Winnie were bilingual and freely conversed in both Tagalog or Ilocano, and English, putting the customers at ease while they waited to place or pick up their prescriptions. The Pharmacist Alex, worked quickly to minimize the wait for most who were there after a day at work or eager to get the prescribed medications home to their ill family members.

The teamwork was evident by their efficiency, the cleanliness of the store and their knowledge. When my medical insurance coverage indicated my cost for the shot was high, Eden reconfirmed my cost, then advised me of the amount. I assured her that it was accurate and I would pay the $170+ fee. It was reassuring to know that she took the effort to double check my coverage and to advise me before the pharmacist administered the shot. This is a small neighborhood CVS Pharmacy, the concern and work ethic of these young ladies is admirable. They should be commended for the outstanding job they do and are definitely assets to CVS.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 14, 2019

I deal with my local CVS pharmacy and CVS Caremark all the time and am very pleased. But I am forced to use CVS Specialty to get my ** prescription filled which is for HIV prevention. They have the absolute worst customer service I have EVER encountered. I generally have to call twice to get a prescription processed - sometimes 3 times! This is completely unacceptable. I have no clue why I can’t get this medication filled at local CVS or CVS Caremark. Very disappointed in CVS Specialty.

Original review: June 11, 2019

There are many issues with the CVS in Florissant, MO. On May 24, 2019, I submitted a refill request online. The online system would only let me select June 7, 2019, as my pickup day. Almost immediately I started getting phone calls to pick up my meds. However, I was in Maryland. I called to let them know I would not be home until June 11. The girl said they were going to cancel my order and I would have to request again. Why? She was rude and said this was their procedure. I called back and got a man and said I should NOT have to reorder - they filled it early and they need to have it ready on June 11th. He agreed. I went to pick up my order today, June 11, and they had nothing available. This CVS location needs help. This is one of many areas where they fell short of servicing their customers. I wish we could choose where we fill our meds. I would love to go elsewhere!

Original review: June 11, 2019

CVS on Wise Ave. Dundalk, MD. It takes hours to get prescriptions filled at this location. And even if you call to find out when a prescription will be ready, don’t believe it. They will state a time, then say that if it is not ready then you can wait and they will expedite. Even if you show up an hour or two after the time they stated your prescription will not be ready, then you get to wait, sometimes more than an hour for the prescription to be “expedited”. There is no reliable way to get prescriptions filled in a timely manner without waiting for expedited filling. Even if you wait until the next day to go in. I get that they are busy, being the only 24 hr pharmacy in the area, it is the closest (and that is 5 miles from our home) pharmacy open later than 6 pm, which is the only time to get prescriptions after working hours.

Original review: June 10, 2019

We placed an order online for 2 boxes of 100 CT diapers and we ended up receiving 96 CT of diapers. I called up customer service representative and was told the 100 CT boxes were out of stock therefore they swapped it with the 96 CT diapers. We were not notified of this so from our perspective it is not a very good customer experience even though we were given option to return it via mail or drop it off at a store but then it is hassle for us since my wife just gave birth and I have to go back to work now.

We opted online to be more convenient for us but then we would need to eventually go to do the latter to correct an issue which in the first place was not our fault? This is not what we expect for a service, customers are entitled to be notified of their orders prior to deciding something like swapping orders we did not make. I hope that this gets rectified to avoid further inconvenience for customers like me in the future. For now I would not recommend placing online order for CVS due to this experience I just had.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Several weeks ago I noticed the ladies restroom was not clean nor stocked. I called it to the pharmacist's attention while picking up a script....yesterday I used the facilities again. It was again or still in desperate need of cleaning. This time no toilet paper or paper towels. This was at the Gas City Indiana location. I have pictures of the ladies room should you require them. Hopefully this can be resolved as this is my preferred pharmacy and I am at that location often. As far as pharmacy staff and sales floor staff I couldn't be more pleased. They are always helpful and courteous. It almost seems that the bathroom is nobody's responsibility.

Original review: June 8, 2019

My local CVS does a piss poor job of keeping track of Dr info. I can't tell you how many times a prescription has remained "In Process" for days, because my local CVS keeps faxing the wrong number for refills! I've only updated them no less than FIVE (5) freaking times! And yet, every time I need a refill, I can count on my refill getting hung up this way! Today, I really had it. Not only did CVS notify me I didn't have one more refill, like my app said I did, CVS waited until the last minute (the weekend as I write this), when I asked which number the pharmacy faxed my request to, I was given the old ** fax, again! I was asked "what that the right number?" I replied, "Hell no!" "What's the right number?" "I've updated you guys five + freaking times!" "Well, give me the right number, and I'll take care of it." "** you! That's the number!"

Original review: June 7, 2019

CVS has greatly improved its service over the past year and is continuing to offer additional services especially helpful for seniors, e.g. delivery. The auto refill program is helpful and the staff in the pharmacy continues to improve in knowledge and interaction with customers.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Today is the second day with same experience on the same location. I went to get the prescription drugs for my toddler. Her doctor has already sent the prescription to them. And I informed to them I came to collect them. I had to wait more than an hour to get ** 400 MG/5 Ml SUSP and **. While my poor sick child suffering in the car for more than an hour I have waited in front of the pharmacy counter even there were no more customers in front of me. They really neglected. But I should mention other locations are doing better. Only this location.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Having same insurance no changes each time going to CVS pharmacy in Sherman Oaks, pharmacy workers do not process claim correctly. Is not a first time and same people do same mistake for months. I wanna report this’s scandalous incident. Is inadmissible, that inefficient and incompetent pharmacy workers made same mistake over and over. Staff is NOT trained properly how running correctly a claim for primary and secondary insurance. After speaking with insurance yes I have been told same thing. Wrong processing of the claim. No changes to insurance. If you have a Health net California in February and 2 months later seems like you don’t even if you don’t touch anything definitely is CVS PHARMACY FAULT! I’m gonna transfer all my prescriptions to a different facility. Barbara **

Original review: June 3, 2019

CVS has not and can not refill critical high blood pressure medication. I have been a customer for 10 years and over the last year, I have never had an Rx filled on time. Always insurance, copay, "sorry but the computer won't let me ad infinitum". Now a week with no meds, no refill possible and my blood pressure is at a dangerous level. I am 72 years old and they may be taking advantage. Michael **. San Jose CA.

Original review: June 3, 2019

CVS PHARMACY 8831, VILLA LA JOLLA DRIVE, LA JOLLA, San Diego (CA) is not safe to use your cards to buy from CVS. They have cameras which records your PIN when you type on the cash register. One of their cash register may be fitted with some sort of reader which records your CARD details. I was robbed of a big amount in this outlet. FOLKS BE CAREFUL AT THIS COUNTER OF CVS!!! Inspite of making a police complaint nothing has been done even after 15 days. Manager says he cannot help. SERIOUS FRAUDS!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

My husband purchased two prescriptions at CVS with Part D Medicare insurance. The first prescription ** 20 mg 90 tablets for $41.22 - Walmart price no insurance $24.00 - and ** 12.5 90 capsules for 27.35 - Walmart’s price $10.00 no insurance. How can CVS get away with this type of price gouging? It is really unfair to the elderly who are on fixed incomes.

Original review: May 30, 2019

On May 29, 2019, I went to CVS, to pick up my prescriptions sent by my doctor earlier that day. Because of CVS's automatic refills, I had 6 instead of the 2. When I got home I noticed that one of the prescriptions I had stopped taking months earlier. I call the pharmacy in reference to this and asked for a refund. She agreed and told me that they won't accept returned medications, so just bring my receipt for the refund. I'd noticed another medication that I recently stopped taking so I brought that medication with me to take off auto-refills too. When I get there I asked for the person I had spoken with on the phone earlier. After she introduced herself I explained that I brought another medication which I had stopped taking so she could take them both off the auto refills list, and she did.

When I asked for my refund, she then tells me that she needs the prescription bottle to give me a refund after telling me in detail previously NOT TO BRING THE BOTTLE BECAUSE THEY CANNOT TAKE BACK MEDICATION. Luckily I did bring both bottles with me but that one I left in my truck because she said not to bring it. I'm standing there in pain and on a crutch, so I asked her if she thought I looked well enough to want to go back outside to get the medication which she said I wouldn't need? I was then told if I didn't get it, I wouldn't get my refund. As if that wasn't enough embarrassment and inconvenience, the pharmacist, manager (Jakpa **) condoning her actions by joining her by continuing to portray me as being in the wrong although the employee never said that she didn't tell me to leave the bottle.

Probably because of her conscience, she said that she will go to my truck and get it. The manager (Jakpa **) told her not to. Through all my pain and embarrassment, I went outside to get the prescription bottle. Now, I have the bottle and the receipt. The manager said that she will refund me while she kept trying to convince me that I was wrong. I mentioned I was there, she wasn't. "I've heard more than enough, give me my refund so I can go." She refused. I asked why. She said she didn't like the way I spoke to her and asked me to apologize and she may consider it. I'm the one deserving of an apology. She never apologized or gave me my refund.

I left and later I remembered that she was the same pharmacist that told me my insurance wouldn't cover my flu shot when it did because a few days later I went back and there wasn't a problem getting it. I tried to report her then but I was told nobody works there that fits that description. I know exactly who she is now and her name. I will explain again in detail the harassment, inconvenience, and embarrassment I endured. The head pharmacist, Jimmy **, and the majority of CVS employees are very polite, competent, and very professional but this particular substitute pharmacist is the total opposite and I will file a formal complaint.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Wallisville Location HOUSTON Texas. This location is very unprofessional. Prescriptions are never ready when they are said they will be. They have changed staff and it’s a little better as in they are nice but the service is HORRIBLE. I submitted a refill request in person and once I went back a day later the lady never submitted the request because she was trying to rush to the next person. When complaining the staff are never apologetic. One tech said she hated it too. I’m leaving the CVS chain completely because it seems they don’t care about customer service.

Original review: May 28, 2019

This review is about the lead pharmacist at 1900 18th Street Denver. I had read a review maintaining that this lead pharmacist (believed to be named **) profiles customers looking to fill their legal prescriptions for any controlled substances. In my recent experience, if he is not "profiling" people per se, he is certainly being negligent. My doctor sent over my prescription weeks before it was due to pickup. The day before pickup, I got a notification via text that they were working on it. The day of pickup, another text that it was ready to pick up.

When I went to pick it up, on schedule, the lead pharmacist nonchalantly tells me they don't have this drug in stock and it will be 3 days before they can get it in (on account of the holiday weekend). Like many pharmaceuticals, this particular drug produces withdrawal effects if any doses are missed, so it's extremely important that I don't skip around. For that reason, I am diligent about getting my prescriptions there with time to spare. Regarding the false alerts to my phone and why with 2 weeks holding on to it, they didn't order it ahead for my pickup date, he could only offer a meek "sorry." Drugs that can put you into withdrawal are SERIOUS BUSINESS. To play around with that is to play around with people's lives and I will be reporting this pharmacist to their corporate office.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have ordered my specialty medicine (**, which has to be refrigerated) on two different occasions using CVS's online ordering. Both times the medicine did not arrive and both times I had to call CVS during working hours and be on hold for a very long time while they try to figure out what went wrong. The first time I was told it didn't get sent out because I had a balance due - which I didn't. They confirmed that I had a $0 balance on my account!! The second time I was told the refill never got to the pharmacy from their website!! Why have the website refill option at all if I have to end up calling the pharmacy and wasting half my day on the phone with them after I place the order??? I am forced to use CVS because of my insurance through work, otherwise I would NEVER use CVS pharmacy. And I will NEVER use the website to refill my prescription again!!

Original review: May 19, 2019

This review really addresses the consistency in the service at CVS pharmacies. Starting with their lack of followup on any issue. CVS still owes me for medical costs that I paid in HI on my vacation. Pharmacist did not want to provide me with meds even though they were ready. The PH CVS in CA told me I could get them at the Longs store in Kona HI. Being a grandmother with two young one's alone on vacation was a much planned event. When I went to get the script I was told they could NOT refill per law on a controlled substance. I was then informed I would have to go to the ONLY open medical office and pay out of pocket $107.00.

I have tried over and over to get my money back from CVS. I have at least 8-10 meds I take monthly. I only refill one medication at CVS and the rest across the street at Walgreens. Needless to say 99.9% of the time CVS screws it up. EVERY FLIPPING TIME. Always an excuse, usually they are short handed. Since when is it???? For CVS to make their problems to be the customers' problems??? I come from a management's perspective and can call it what it IS. 100% greed. I could go on about every issue with CVS. I only keep one script going there so that the record of the vacation fiasco does not close out. Who knows at some point CVS might do the right thing and give me the $$$ they owe me. It is so infuriating to deal with the consistent BAD???? "Service"!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

I have been a customer using CVS pharmacy since I moved out here to Kansas City in 1991. I have had excellent customer service at the location I used in North Kansas City, Liberty and Independence, Since we moved to Kansas City it has been very trying. They have deactivated prescriptions with refills on them, the doctor had provided 4 refills on 3 prescriptions, after filling them the first time, they came due for refills, they contacted the doctor for refills. The doctor then decides that something's not right and he needs to see me before he will submit these scripts. I pull my bottles out call the pharmacy and am told, "Well those prescriptions have be deactivated." I said, "Why, they are not a year old and they still have refills on them." She said, "I will reinstate them, they will have different prescription numbers but we will get it straightened out."

These scripts were on auto refill, no one from CVS has ever explained why these scripts got deactivated. Then they filled all of the scripts that my doctor sent in, which meant that some scripts were filled before they were supposed to (I had no prescription coverage or else the insurance company would have kicked it out) So I had a huge stock pile of prescriptions, I asked for autofill to be turned off, they said they did. I checked on CVS.com and found they had not. I turned everything off. They still managed to fill scripts before I needed them. They allow the scripts to have pill descriptions that don't match the actual pill in the bottle. I have called on numerous scripts because of this. They always tell me that the pill I received is the right one. I have even talked to the District Manager twice because of problems with prescriptions.

I now have insurance and they won't be filling anything too early. But I tried to get authorization to manage my husband's prescriptions, sent the request through. CVS never sent him anything to authorize me to have access. I contacted Customer Relations who explained that since his email address and contact number was the same as mine, the system would not send out a request, but did anyone from CVS contact him or me back? No.

The lady I spoke to said I needed to have the pharmacist remove the email address on file and change his phone number. I asked if he could just create his CVS.com account with the correct information. She said yes, so Kevin set up his CVS.com account, using a completely different email and his own cell number on it. However it wouldn't allow him to see his pharmacy information because someone else was in control of it. So I logged onto my account and checked to see if was under my sign in. Nope it is not and no one can tell Kevin who has control of his account.

They say he has to sign an authorization to sever his account from whoever has it! He has never received anything from CVS to give someone control over his account and they can't even tell him who is in charge of his account. Seems like CVS has some severe HIPAA violations going on here.nOh and the form they want you to fill out to sever the account? It is a Microsoft Word file and you have to fill it out and fax it back to them. Really, I don't have Microsoft Word and I don't have a fax.

I asked for a supervisor to call me back to discuss how CVS has allowed his account to be taken over by someone unauthorized and they can't even call the number you give them over the phone. They call the one on the account. So that call was not picked up, it was not a recognized number. Jason left a message at 6:25 pm, said he would be in the office until 11 pm. We called him back at 6:32 pm. Gave the same number I left with Angelica and it is 9:40 pm neither phone has rung. I need to find another pharmacy, but CVS is the only 90 day pharmacy authorized by my insurance company. And the mail order doesn't offer a discount, I have to pay for all three months, and do everything by snail mail for them and it's a company that I have never used. It sure seems like CVS is nothing like it used to be.

Original review: May 10, 2019

I called in to have 4 prescription refilled and sent my grandson to pick them up, when he returned he had 7 prescriptions 3 of which I did not need. This is not the first time this has happen. I am in a wheelchair so I don't go too often, but when I do I ask them to open bag so I can check what they are giving me. I now have 260 Diabetic Pills, 260 Blood Pressure Pills and 180 Blood Pressure Pills that I did not order. They should have know that I was not out of these Medication. Why can't I return them? It was the store's error.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I went to the my pain doctor and asked for a new prescription. I’m on ** patch now and it’s 200.00 a month which I can’t afford so he agreed to change the script to **. I called Caremark and it’s not covered. They told me to call the pharmacy, ask them to run it and when it’s rejected to call them back. So that’s what I did. The pharmacist said it wasn’t called in, I said ok and I told her exactly what Caremark told me. I called them back and was told it was never called in so I called my doctor and they called the pharmacy, but I was disconnected. So the doctor's nurse calls me this morning and says the pharmacy called saying my script was there. She just lied to me because she wasn’t giving me the script because I Just picked up the patches May 4. But I never asked her to fill it.

I already knew it wasn’t going to be covered and it will take some time to try to get it added to the formulary. I just needed to know if it was called in and ask her to run it so I could call Caremark back. She lied to me and my doctor. I’m a chronic pain patient. She could’ve had me kicked out of the clinic for a bold face lie. Luckily I’ve been going there for 8 years and not once had a problem and they called to give me a chance to explain. They are messing with people’s lives. Just because someone is on a drug to function doesn’t mean they are a junkie and that’s the way CVS treats their customers. I know when it was Eckerd's I managed for over 10 years. That’s how they are trained. If I could take my business elsewhere I would because I hate them. I’m thinking about paying more for my scripts so I don’t have to go there at all.

Original review: May 7, 2019

So today I went to the Shelbyville IN CVS and I have to say that my experience was terrible. The lady at the drive-through window was very rude For no reason at all. Did not give me the correct information I needed And when my wife called back at store she proceeded to tell my wife that I was lying about her medication I enquired about. I was very clear when I asked her and she was acting as if she could not hear me. Did not tell me if she had free Prescriptions. Just told me that they all was 11.00 which was no problem but after dealing with her nasty Attitude I was done with it and to make matters worse another time I came there I got one for myself and was charge 10.00 and did not get my meds I paid for like this is Ridiculous Point being made. If you don't like your job you need to quit. Find somewhere else to work.

Original review: May 6, 2019

CVS Pharmacy at 7925 Northwest Expressway Oklahoma City, OK 73132. The pharmacist ** went above and beyond to find my prescription (there was mess connected with my doctor's office - it turned out they never sent anything, but they thought they did) and followed up with multiple departments to get it ready for me. Plus she was super friendly and polite with sweet and positive attitude! She is inspiring example of perfect customer service!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Had a horrible customer service experience at the pharmacy dept. Have called 3 times with no call back from the District Manager. Shocked at how many 1 Star reviews there are. Definitely taking my business over to Walgreens. Wow CVS you just lost a great customer! I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars in your store throughout the year. Need to change and/or retrain staff in the pharmacy department.

Original review: May 4, 2019

Recently I made the switch from Walgreens to CVS due to an insurance issue. All seemed well transferring over prescriptions, and the prescription I was almost out of was promised to me by Monday, three days from the first day I went in. I am now going on the fourth week without my insulin pump refills, with an endless cycle of excuses needing to get my doctor's approval for the third time. I am good friends with my doctor and know that she always approves in a timely matter. Whenever I call CVS representatives to get some help in ordering this prescription, I am just passed along to the next person without any results.

Original review: May 3, 2019

The pharmacist named Kristi does not like to give consultations for a NEW prescriptions to customers. I have dealt with her rudeness once before but this was the last straw. I started a new medication and when I realized I hadn't been offered a NEW drug consultation, I requested one. When the pharmacist, Kristi, came to the window I could tell she was in a bad mood. She didn't even give a consultation like every other pharmacist does on a NEW prescription. So I started asking questions and she literally ROLLED her eyes! Who does that?

I wasn't complaining about anything. I was asking her about side effects and other questions about the prescription. I still have unanswered questions! She proceeded to answer my first question with a condescending tone. Have you ever talked to someone and had them answer in a way that made you feel stupid? Well that's how she made me feel. I have never been treated like this by a pharmacist! I am considering moving all of my prescriptions to HEB.

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs