CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.86/5
Based on 1,154 ratings submitted in the last year

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

If you want to get the wrong medicine this pharmacy is perfect. I've had them for a year and every refill is late. I've never had my medication delivered on time. I've had to make numerous calls just to refill a once a month medication. They have lost or not filled refills. Problems every single time.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

Unable to access my account for 2 months. Spent hours on the phone. I was sent a untie request and faxed it. I filled out info and faxed it back. I received a e-mail saying they received the form and call back to finish. Yesterday I talked to 6 people. One of them told me to change my email address. I did and it didn't work. I called back today and spoke to 5 people. Was disconnected after 2 hours of waiting. I called back and was transferred 3x. I still can't access my prescription information. I have all of there names, not that it will help. So aggravated. Considering changing from CVS to another pharmacy. They process 2,000 dollars a month for me.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Drive through line is absurdly long on a regular basis & the manager on duty was extremely rude. Tonight I waited in line 20 min & at the window was told to pull out of line & back around (behind the 8 cars waiting behind me) because they didn't have my insurance updated. My husband spoke with the pharmacy 3 hours prior & they said to "just bring an updated card at pick up". I was attempting to pick up medication to relieve the pain of my husband's ulcer when needing to get home to put 3 kids to bed. If I "pulled back around" behind the 8 cars behind me it would have been an additional 30 plus minutes wait time.

After 7 min at the pick up window I asked for a manager. David "C" Told me that it "wasn't his problem" & if I didn't pull away from the window he would call the cops. The females on duty seemed to be afraid of this manager. I made it clear that the lady who assisted me did nothing wrong & I was upset at their operating system. I was at fault for calling him a name before I pulled away but I was shocked that this young man was in a managerial position. David "C" wouldn't give me further information & almost seemed excited for me to contact his supervisor stating "they will know who I am, don't worry" As if he is untouchable. Needless to say we will be taking our business elsewhere & unless you like consistently long lines & rude pharmacy managers you should too.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

The arrogance and laziness and lack of knowledge of this pharmacy staff on Gause Blvd. Slidell LA is hard to describe. They will lie about anything to cover their lack of knowledge, tell my doctor a completely different story than me and makes everything so much more complicated than necessary just because they don’t know what they are doing. I’ve been out of my prescription for 2 days now and they don’t care, it’s not affecting them. Avoid this place like the plague.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

The COVID-19 test arranged for by 'minute clinic' doesn't provide the results on time as guaranteed on their website. They took 5 days time as opposed to 2-3 days time promised for travelers.. So we missed our flight back to India and had to change our itinerary. It was a huge harassment for us.. International travelers require a COVID-19 test to be taken within 72 hours of boarding the flight and the CVS pharmacy 'minute clinic' website says that the results will be provided within 2-3 days time which is why we went ahead with it in the first place. When we called them on their helpline, they assured us that the lab will make sure that we get our results in time to board our flight. But their tone changed once we took the COVID-19 test at one of their pharmacies.

After repeatedly calling and telling them that we need the report within 2 days time, they failed to do anything or rather chose not to do anything. They only had one thing to say that the test results could take any time between 24 hours to 7 days.. This is highly unprofessional of them and thus would suggest everyone to never take a COVID-19 test at a CVS pharmacy if you are in a rush or need the result sooner.. They are just out there to make some easy money from this side business. It's very disappointing. Given its reputation, I thought it would be trustworthy but apparently it's not.

Original review: July 30, 2020

My only complaint with CVS is they do not have a contract United Healthcare which would lower the prices greatly. I just do not understand why they do not participate, to me a makes good business sense. Staff is great. CVS Exton PA Lincoln hwy.

Original review: June 6, 2020

The pharmacist are always helpful and very professional (** and **) as well as all the other staff. Especially the lady with "red hair". She always greets customers with a smile and always extends herself for us. This time she helped me find diabetic cough syrup. They always try to save me money. The guy that waited on me yesterday was very helpful and in such a "jolly" mood. It spilled over on me. What a great team in the store and the pharmacy at this CVS 11120 Patterson Ave 23238.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

CVS offers many coupons for discounts as well as a loyalty card that earns coupons for money off future purchases. The savings can really add up over a period of time. You can get discount coupons of up to 40% off a purchase, and quarterly cash back coupons.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2020

I have had many excellent experiences at the CVS pharmacy in Ship Bottom, NJ. On numerous occasions, they have helped me with prescriptions on which I needed extra assistance or needed quickly. Today, the pharmacist, Anna Marie, was extremely flexible in giving me a refund for medication that had been purchased in error. She did not need to do this, I am very grateful.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I have lived in many cities and tried many other pharmacies. I keep coming back to CVS. I think a lot of their success is their excellent online system for ordering and tracking prescriptions. It makes taxes a lot easier at the end of the year, but better than that, I can monitor my medications and order refills on my own. One of the newest features they have is that when you are ordering a refill, they will let you know if the manufacturer offers a coupon discount for the medication, and they tell you where and how to get it BEFORE you place your order. This has saved me a bunch of out-of pocket cash, that I still get credit for from my insurance company.

The staff at my store in El Cajon, CA is exceptional. They are all friendly, personable and happy. Even when the line gets long on the weekends, everyone behind the counter (including the pharmacist), jumps onto a register and cleans the line up in minutes. I've never waited more than 5-10 minutes and there are 5-million people living here in San Diego area. We wait in long lines for everything. But at least at CVS they get the lines cleaned up quickly.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team