CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy

3.7/5 (787 ratings)

About CVS Pharmacy

CVS Pharmacy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS Pharmacy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I have been a CVS customer for over 35 years. I used the CVS in Yorktown and Mohegan Lake until 2021 when my husband and I moved to Somers. There is no comparison- the Somers CVS has the worst customer service and pharmacy. Since Jan. 2022 on 4 separate occasions, the pharmacy has told me that my prescriptions were not called in by my doctor. I then have to call my doctor, who takes a screenshot of the computer to show me that CVS has received the script. Well yesterday the same thing happened. My Doctor called in a script for **. I have Covid and am very sick. After 5 hours, the pharmacy- after waiting on hold for 51 minutes tells me my doctor never called it in. I said I confirmed it, the male tech said I was wrong. I said I never had these issues in Yorktown CVS. He then said “well then maybe you should go there.” I firmly said “are you kidding me?” He then said if I raised my voice he would hang up on me. I said, "Don’t hang up. I need medicine," and he hung up.

I called my doctor. This time, MY doctor called the CVS pharmacy himself and spoke to the pharmacist himself. After my doctor insisted that the female pharmacist “scroll down and look because it was called in 5 hours prior." She did find it, so it was in fact called in. The pharmacist from the prior shift said she couldn’t find me in the system (I have been in the system for over 35 years with the same insurance and three days prior picked up scripts and 8 Covid test kits- there was no question about me being in the system) so she just left it.

My doctor was very angry that my script was just left ”hanging”. I was very sick and in need of the medication. He asked for the prior pharmacist name, but the female pharmacist working at 6:45 pm would not give it to him. He explained that he worked for FEMA and would report the whole CVS Pharmacy or, she (the pharmacist working and on the phone with my doctor) could give him her first name and he would just report her. She gave my doctor the name of the pharmacist who wrongly said I was not in the system and just left my script up filled with no directions to follow up.

As I stated above, this is the 4 x since Jan. 2022 that I have been told “my doctor never called it in.” Each time prior, it took several days reaching the doctor to resubmit and for CVS to fill script. But this time, I am very sick and could not wait several days of back and forth with CVS. My doctor has written up the store to the State of NY. I was lucky my doctor was still in his office to make the call to CVS - but not everyone is that lucky all the time.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I made online purchase on June 7, 2022. One of the items was cancelled and the total charge for other items was $22.32. I live in MD where sale taxes are 6% and 6% of 22.32 is supposed to be $1.34. However I was charged $3.07 in taxes. I sent email to CVS customer service and received no response. I called the agent twice. The first agent refused to talk to me. The second agent kept me on the line for a long time and instead of adjusting the taxes she stated she needed to do research. I asked to talk to a manager but she stated the manager was not available. The difference is only $1.73 but now I am concerned about making purchases at CVS because less than a month ago CVS also overcharged me with taxes. That time they did correct the charge. This time they ignore my calls and emails.

Get buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I needed something from the CVS pharmacy and they left it for me to pick up when I called from home with one last detail. I called. 30 minutes on hold (I have a photo of that phone call's timer). I went to the pharmacy. The pharmacist attitude about the phone lines simply was 'too bad. "We were busy." My covid purchase ???? sold out from under me, even though it was saved for me. They refused to give me the name of the area manager. I called corporate. They promised that the area manager would call me in 2 days. That call came over a week later, but it wasn't from the area manager, it was from the pharmacist at the CVS where I had my initial problem. I asked for a call back from the area manager. None yet, close to a week later. How do i spell satisfaction??? W-A-L-G-R-E-E-N-S.

Original review: June 10, 2022

My family and I are guessing that CVS neither wants or needs our business based on our experience today! My daughter desperately needed her prescriptions called into the pharmacy this morning by her doctor. I tried getting thru to the pharmacy 5 times to inquire whether the prescriptions were ready to pick up. I spent 30 minutes or more trying to get thru and nobody would answer the phone. I drove over there to find out that there were 5 pharmacy people putting away medications on the shelves. There are at least 3 phone lines in the pharmacy and it would have taken all of 2 minutes to check and see if the prescriptions were ready. The pharmacist did not take my concern seriously and even laughed in my face and then hung up on me in the drive-thru. My family and I have been loyal customers at this CVS since it opened. There is a Walgreens next door and our money is as green as everyone else's. CVS stands for Customer Value Severed!

Original review: June 10, 2022

I was supposed to get a prescription the day I went to the doctor but the CVS was closed due to a power outage so I went the day after at 11 and they said it still wasn’t in so I called my doctor and said they would send it in right away so I went back 2 hours later and they said they didn’t have it. This has happened to me before with another prescription. It’s frustrating when they keep telling me it’s going to be ready and they say they have nothing on the file. There’s also nothing I can take to try to take to get better so I’m just waiting.

Original review: June 8, 2022

It would be really nice if all website information was absolutely true or at least followed. IF it reads open AT 9 am. The store or pharmacy needs to open AT 9 am. Not have people standing outside beyond that point.

Original review: June 3, 2022

My doc puts my same 2 refills in & so far this year alone they decided to keep changing policy. They tried charging an insurance that wasn't mine. Now it's a diagnosis they want. 5 days no meds and withdraw. They didn't care or bothered to follow-up with the doctor. The doctor's office never heard of these new things. CVS is lazy and doesn't care about patient's health.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I called to follow up on the status of a prescription. I was placed on hold for over 45 minutes and was disconnected. This happened x3. CVS in Lakewood Rd, Toms River. CVS will add stress to your health. Pls save the the aggravation.

Original review: May 26, 2022

CVS what a joke for upper management. I scheduled an appointment online to take a covid 19 test at 6401 Precinct Line Road in Hurst, Tx. I am a VA which they take, I took the test and then was told to wait for the nurse to give me my results. I waited about 5 minutes and she took me to the back and started asking me a lot of question and took my blood pressure and it did not seem right. She ask me to wait and she printed out my bill and they charged me for a assessment charges $99.00 and another $120.00 for the covid test. The covid test I agreed to but not the assessment. The nurse stated that it was a requirement when taking the covid test by the VA. So I called the VA and they stated that was not true.

I disputed the charges and they has some manager call me and she was a joke. How did she get that job. They only care about how much money they can get from you, since the government is not paying for the covid test anymore. The manager stated that it is their new policy now as of April that all covid test requires this assessment for $99.00. I can not trust what CVS tells me now because someone is lying but they are not going to admit to it. My family and I will never use CVS again for anything.

Original review: May 22, 2022

Visited CVS on Rt 4 Burlington, Ct. 06013 to schedule a second booster shot for myself and my wife. Previously had scheduled 1st booster in person for both of us. No problem at that time. Tried to schedule the second booster shot recently and was told it can only be done online. I rescheduled online, the process was cumbersome and time consuming, 20 mins for each of us... I am not stupid, I troubleshot oxygen generation systems aboard US Navy nuclear submarines for 27 years as a field service engineer.

As it turned out, on the day of the appointment, my wife was ill with a stomach virus. I called CVS as to what I should do and they suggested to reschedule the appointment... They would not do that over the phone, they would not do that in person either. I had to go online but there is no option to reschedule, only to cancel and start the registration process all over again. I went to CVS in person since they have all our med info there already and they refused to reschedule saying it had to be done online... I told them that I will take my business to Walgreens where they value customer relations.

CVS author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

CVS Pharmacy Company Information