1.17/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1832 CVS Pharmacy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

A week ago I placed a online order for 2 items that were in stock. My order confirmation said I should have the order by today's date which was one week later.

I called customer service and they said the order has not shipped and they do not know when it will ship because they are so busy. I asked to cancel the order and they said I could not cancel. What kind of business is this? I will never buy or order from CVS again.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

On 9/28/18 I pulled into a spot at CVS Burlington MA. The concrete bumper had a piece of re rod iron sticking out of it and my car got caught on it. The manager had to physically lift my car off of it. I immediately went to an auto-body repair shop... $500 worth of damage (latches out of alignment). I submitted quote to CVS for reimbursement and am still receiving no satisfaction after multiple calls, emails and almost 3 months. They keep referring me to their insurance carrier who refers me to their landlord. I was there to do business with CVS no one else. You would think CVS would put pressure on the insurance company or landlord to resolve this, or just resolve it directly with me. I will not give up! #CVStakeresposibility, #CVSdoesnotsupporttheircustomers.

Get expert buying tips about Online Pharmacies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I went to CVS Pharmacy located at 3343 W Montrose Ave Chicago at 5 pm to buy **. There is no button to call for assistance to open lock. I saw around if any employee can help. Then I went to cashier and ask to open lock for medicine. She said, "Someone will be there shortly." I waited 15 min, one employee passed by and I asked her to open lock, she said, "Pharmacy rep will help you." Pharmacy infront of where I need help but they seems busy. After another 10 min, same employee who passed by before, she came and said, "I open locked medicine, which one you want." I frustrated waiting for almost half an hour, I refused to buy and left the store at 5:30 pm.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Over and over again I take my prescriptions to the CVS closest to my house and when I go to pick them up they mess up and I end up picking the meds in different CVS pharmacies. I end up driving to 2 or 3 locations. They make it so difficult for you. Plus the pharmacy technicians aren’t too friendly. I’m switching to another pharmacy. Bye CVS.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I called in a Rx refill for my mother's **. When I went to pick it up they said it was $350.00, normally it has a $40 co-pay in the gap it goes up to $129.00. The employee at CVS told me the insurance didn't cover it. I called the insurance company. They said they would call CVS and try to get it straightened out for me. The insurance agent called me back and said she had called CVS twice, and they hung up on her. She suggested I called them the next day to see if they had it fixed. I did call them the next day to see if they had it fixed. They again told me the insurance didn't cover it. I called another large pharmacy and transferred the Rx. It went through their system fine and I paid the gap price of $129.00. This problem could put someone's life in jeopardy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CVS?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been going to CVS for many years now & all their locations treats their clients differently? I had a terrible experience at the Ratzer road in Wayne location and I emailed CVS corporation about my complaints and it's been weeks now and they still didn't reply? No apology no solutions, no answer what so ever, even after I emailed them again for not replying? It just shows that they don't care about their customers or the complaints received!?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

CVS mail order system is not working: My 97 year old mother who lives in AZ (I live in WA) is out of her heart/blood pressure medication today, Sun. 12/9/2018. Mail order uses UPS with no Sun. delivery & no guaranty she'll receive pills on Mon. either. No local CVS pharmacy has her medication in stock. Mail order pharmacy isn't open on Sun. so no way to transfer prescription to another pharmacy for emergency refill. CVS computer messed up so first packet of shipment is dated to be taken on 12/11 instead of 12/9 so all packets for next 30 days are incorrectly labeled.

Countless hours spent over last few months with mail order care team & pharmacists trying to change system that calculates shipment to arrive only two days before meds run out with no consideration of weekend, holiday or no Sun. delivery. System also doesn't allow for correct start dates to continue meds--30-day supply doesn't take into account months with 31 days. After waiting 30 min. to speak with mail order care team, referred to store complaint line which took another 51 min. only to be referred back to care team who referred me. Don't use this service unless you want to spend countless hours on the phone and worry, not to mention possible injury or death.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Anytime I've ever had to deal with CVS they either, get something insanely wrong, lose my prescription, or are rude and condescending to me in person and over the phone. One time I was severely ill with the flu and it was already a struggle to get to the pharmacy, and they had the audacity to tell me that they 'forgot' to fill my prescription after I had already been dealing with them for 4 hours. Make me being ill even worse. When I was on birth control pills, I had to be on a very specific brand because of my hormones. Whenever I tried to refill my prescription, in which I had been doing for years at other pharmacies, they gave me the wrong pill. When I told them they didn't give me the name brand that I need, she decided to say "well I'm sorry but you're just going to have to deal with it, it's not my problem at this point" (that's actually in her words).

Now they are harassing me with phone calls even though I'm using a different pharmacy, and I tried to call their 1800 number to make sure they stop calling me and I have been on hold for 23 minutes. If I could cancel CVS worldwide I would. They do not deserve to still be in business and I will do everything in my power to make sure I never buy from their store or pharmacy again, and no one I know does either.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered baby formula and lipstick on Nov. 29 and it said that I'll be getting the product by Dec.5. I called on Dec. 5 everything to check if it was shipped and the customer service person said they haven't shipped it. I called again Dec 7 to the CVS.com to cancel my order and they won't cancel it. They said that they will ship my order next week before Christmas. That's already almost a month before it will arrive. Remember, this is a baby formula that I ordered and it's something that I needed ASAP. CVS.com don't care. Oh isn't it ironic that their Motto is "Customer Care"... Hah... what an insult... nobody care. All they care about is $$$.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I called CVS and selected the menu to speak to a pharmacy staff member. After waiting 15 minutes, then coming on during the 15 minutes TELLING ME to hold, and waiting even more, then coming on line and tone keys clicking and going back on hold. I was very disappointed and will be transferring my scripts to a different pharmacy on my insurance plan. Very poor customer service.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

CVS is very corrupt, and I have switched to Walmart. My med at Walmart is $1.60 while at CVS it was $21.00. CVS corporate has “performance targets” and when met their upper management reaps the financial benefits. To meet this metric they automatically enroll prescriptions, whether the customer wants it or not. As a result, we get our prescriptions filled earlier than necessary. I’ve had as many as 30 pills left (no lie!) when I got a robocall that my med was ready for pick up. Even after I told them to remove me from the auto-refill and to stop the calls, they kept coming.

This is to line upper managements pockets, and to people like me it feels like harassment; filling my med much sooner than necessary and then calling me every day until I pick them up. I had the last straw last weekend when a pharmacy staff member called my husband’s cell # trying to find me. I actually had them blocked from my phone. I now get my meds filled at Walmart, and am amazingly surprised at the difference in price. CVS has an ethics issue, and it’s a shame it is responsible for ruining a lot small family-run pharmacies. It’s very likely I will not shop in this store again, even for a hairbrush.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Every time I go to CVS and try to use my HSA card It gets denied. I then Go to Rite-Aid and make the same purchase, use my HSA card no problem. I just spent 45 minutes on the Phone with CVS and the Rep. said she hears this a lot. They tried to push me off to the HSA Card people, who I finally did call. HSA said there is no problem on their end and she did not even see where CVS tried to run the card. She said it would show up as a problem or attempt in their system. I am Done with CVS, They didn't even TRY to resolve this problem. Rite Aid Here I Come!!!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I picked up a prescription on 10/18/18. I started smelling something. I thought I stepped in dog poop. Nope. It was the medicine, **. I tried to take it back, but they told me, “That’s just the way it smells.” I did not attempt to take it back until 12/2 because I work out of town and haven’t been home. Now I am without my meds. Thanks, Mayfield, KY. You never fail to disappoint.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I am a 64 year old female who just thought I would pop into CVS instead of some other big box store for some detergent. Store Manager "Jimmy" followed me around the store. I entered at 8 PM tonight and left the store within 5 minutes. If your store manager is that fearful, maybe you should consider closing your store at 5 pm. I detest being treated like I am about to stuff everything in your store inside my coat pockets. There is NOTHING in your store that would make me jeopardize my good paying day job. I am so furious. I will contact the Corporate Office in the morning when they are open.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Today I went to CVS Pharmacy on North Ave.in Elmhurst, IL. to pick up a prescription for my sick child. This was one of the worst experience I have had with pharmacy staff. When drive thru window opened the Pharmacy tech seemed annoyed with me. No reason as I just pulled up. The pharmacy tech that opened the window was so arrogant, unfriendly and unprofessional. Every answer I gave he laughed. The Pharmacist on duty was also arrogant, unempathetic & unprofessional for no reason. I asked her to repeat herself because I could not hear/understand what she was trying to say. I did not appreciate the bad customer service.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Within the last year+ I have been picking up prescriptions for an ill friend of mine. The prescription order & pick up process at this store (Store #6183... Derr Rd. Spfld. Ohio) needs to have a definite overhaul! We call prescription refills in & they give us a time for pick up, then every time you go in to pick them up they are not ready!! I have to stand in line 15 to 25 minutes. Then when I get to the counter, the prescriptions aren't ready! I'm told to come back in a few minutes, only to have to stand in line again 15 to 25 more minutes!! Something that should be a quick & easy process of about 10 minutes at most turns into an hour or so each time!! I suggested that my friend take her prescriptions somewhere else! That being said, I do not usually have this issue at Store #3452 Urbana, Ohio location.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I wish I didn't even have to give this a star. I've been on this medication for over 10 years. Never have I had gone through this much trouble and time to fill it. Staff at store 2168 very dismissive of my needs. They told me on 11/21 my medication would be in stock by Monday 11/26. I went on the website and it said Saturday, 11/24 by 1pm. I called and a pharmacist then tell me it will be filled on Tuesday, 11/27 by 2pm. This is a joke, right? You are going to change the day and time, now? My medical needs can no longer wait for your stores to own up to their mistakes when I have been struggling without the medication for some time.

I have now been forced to go nearly a week without my medication I have been on for 10 years all thanks to this lack of transparency and dodging my patient's needs. This is unacceptable and an embarrassment on CVS. All due to a lack of stock, which I find pretty unbelievable. My prescription is actually very common so I’m curious why all of a sudden there’s a shortage of it. This would have never happened at Duane Reade. I will take my prescription and business elsewhere if this continues to be an issue in the future. For now, it needs to be resolved immediately. I also tried call customer care on 11/24 and was put on hold for over an hour. I couldn’t wait anymore so I had to hang up.

My question for you and the CVS Corporation: why, as a Patient, when I did my job by getting my XR on time from doctor before I ran out, could your pharmacies not do their job by refilling it so I wouldn’t have ran out, like I’m now? Especially store 2168? Don’t you see how this is an issue? I've been in contact with representatives of CVS, yet no action has been taken to hold themselves or store 2168 pharmacy accountable. Disappointing experience overall. Their lack of attention to this matter shows how much they don't care and are willing to put patients lives at risk because they cannot keep up with the supply and demand. It's an explanation but not an excuse CVS!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I've been using CVS for several years and I usually use the one where I live 45 minutes away in San Diego. When I'm out of town I've used CVS in Temecula CA. I brought in a prescription for a narcotic anxiety medication. I went to drop off my prescription the young woman was very nasty to me. She made a comment about my Dr's signature as if it wasn't a real signature. She then brought the prescription back to me and said she'd have to call my Dr. It's Sunday so she wasn't going to be able to talk to him until tomorrow. Long story short I said to her that I have filled this medication here before when I was visiting my son's family. I asked her to please call my pharmacist who I know extremely well because I take 14 different medications. She refused and said it had to be the Dr. I asked her, her name because I told her I was reporting her. I then asked the pharmacist if she could help me? She said the same thing.

I asked them to please look at my profile and they'd see I'd filled prescriptions for the same medication a few times. The rude young woman lied and said I never used them. I went to that particular pharmacy because I'd used it before. Said it was not true. I then I asked the young rude woman her name and she ignored me so I had to ask the pharmacist. Her name is Lexi and she shouldn't be working in a pharmacy setting or anywhere where the public are her prey. The Asian female pharmacist is named Jihye. Oh, the excuse they had to call my Dr. is because I was 25 minutes away from their pharmacy. CVS is making a whole lot of money monthly from my prescriptions.

I take 14 different medications to sustain my life. CVS makes a good $5-7 hundred dollars in a month because of me. I'm going to switch pharmacies in January all thanks to being abused and neglected getting medication I so desperately need for anxiety. I'm a 59 year old woman. I don't need this and the abuse brought on an anxiety attack and I couldn't take the medicine required because I was in my opinion the young lady commenting on my Dr's signature and judged me.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Charges various on different CVS locations. I have contacted three times to CVS ExtraCare, CVS ExtraCare referred my concern to the local store. However the local store (Springfield VA store# 1398) clearly informed me that local store is not responsible for implementation of the billing/accounting system as how CVS applied to its coupon and tax. Local CVS cashiers are merely operators.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have had my Ortho Novum 7/7/7 filled for the last year and a half at the 3780 Willow Rd, Glenview, IL location. In picking it up Wed 11/21/2018 it was filled with the generic which this location has been told repeatedly that my dr. does not want it filled with a generic brand. No call, no nothing. And all of a sudden I am told it takes 3 wks to get in? So I was directed to another one of their incompetent pathetic locations 35 min away 3434 Dempster St. Skokie, IL that reassured me on Wed that yes they did have the Ortho and it would be ready for pick up today Fri 11/23/2018, again filled with generic when I arrived.

I left extremely annoyed at this point and upon calling back to complain, their rationale was that their last pack was on recall. I hardly believe this excuse, and again why wasn't I told before driving the 35 min before today. I have had it with this ridiculous pharmacy, and will ensure none of my friends, families nor acquaintances ever fill their Rxs here at any of your locations. Of course if you do not post this then you are well aware of your pathetic reputation as a pharmacy.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I went to pick up my prescription for ** because I came down with bronchitis and they forced me to come inside. They refused to serve me at the drive thru...I was prescribed 30mL but they only gave me twenty...and then as an excuse the pharmacist said the bottle measurements aren't accurate. So I said, "How am I supposed to take the right dosage if the measurements aren't accurate?" I told him "I'm filing a complaint". Racial profiling.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Hi! I have always shopped at CVS and have received numerous coupons. Your coupons are a waste of paper. I have not been able to use not one coupon at your store. I went to use a 25% off coupon today. I can buy one item with this coupon as long as it was not on sale. I chose ONE item. Well, apparently it was on sale--buy one get one for half price. Mind you, I did not want to buy two! I wanted the one item and still had to pay full price regardless of the sale. Yep, I could not use my coupon. I did not buy the item. I went to another store and got the item for cheaper and it was not on sale! Imagine that! Other coupons I receive are good for products I just bought and the coupon expires in two weeks. Well, I don't need the item in two weeks--they last longer than that. A two week window makes a coupon forgotten and useless unless you hand them to the customer behind you in line--then maybe all that paper will get some use.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

After being released from the hospital I went to CVS Lincoln Ave Haverhill, Ma to pick up my prescriptions. I was told to come back in an hour. I explained I was just released from the hospital and was there a way to expedite my prescriptions. Pauline the clerk at the window got hostile and yelled "That is expedited ma'am!" Came back in an hour. She's still hostile and the Pharmacist came to the window. Her name is Leeann raised her voice and told me "not to ever raise my voice to her staff." Whatever happened to customer service! I called the next day to get their names and was met by a rude woman stating she was the manager of the pharmacy. Now I see why everyone was rude, she set the unprofessional way in which they treat people. She repeatedly spoke over me and pretty much called me liar several times. Today I changed pharmacies! Good luck staying in business with this attitude.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had the same problem everyone else had; they had me searching for the thing they were out of stock of. They said I should call other CVS pharms, because they didn't know when they might get around to it. They said the pharmacist was giving flu shots, and I asked why don't they have a nurse do that? They're always too busy. So, I transferred all my scripts to Rite-Aid. They filled what I needed right away. When I called, all I had to give was my name, and the woman knew immediately the name of the med they had given me the day before. So much better!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Waiting for more than 4 minutes for someone to come to the drive up window is not acceptable service for me. I expect more. CVS is wanting to go to elsewhere. So I started my hunt for a district manager, which made me even more upset, 'cause they don't have them, or may do, but hide their numbers. This doesn't care about customers and it tells a bad story of long term failure.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

CVS Multi Packs put my sister's life in danger because they did not communicate correctly when filling her prescriptions. The CVS help phone number added to the concerns by not relaying time sensitive and valuable information. The management team did not contact me back and my sister was not able to take the correct dosage of medication due to YOUR errors. The person who finally called me -- several days after the incident, did not correct the problem - she actually made it worse. I asked to speak to legal or someone who would take responsibility for the egregious error. I have not gotten a callback. I was told CVS was going to send me a gift card for my trouble. Really - a gift card? CVS put my sister's life in danger. Not once but twice actively AND they declined to offer assistance to correct their costly mistakes. Additionally they are not providing correct information to the consumers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

If I could give them a negative 100 I would I went in to have my prescription filled at store # 4068 and the count was supposed to be 60. They gave me 30 pills and refused to give me the rest of my medicine calling me a LIAR saying they gave me 60 pills which they did not. The pharmacist said her count was right that I would have to wait for an audit. They would call me back! Someone is stealing medicine and they need to be held accountable. I will not be called a LIAR so if you have a choice go somewhere else to have your prescription filled. CVS steals medicine!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I shop at CVS in Laguna Hills, CA. No one at this CVS could figure out the insurance for a pharmacy product that my friend needed for her cancer treatment, to include the Manager, until Crystal stepped in and saved the day? She was great, knowledgeable, and took charge explaining the process to all. Thank goodness for her. Do yourself a favor and keep her. Her skills are most welcome and she turned a nightmare situation into a saved and pleasant experience at the end. Thanks to Crystal...

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The CVS here in Myrtle Beach on Saybrook has the absolute worst male pharmacist. I say male because the women that fill in are So much better. He will not come out from behind the computer to help the cashier no matter how many people are waiting in line. I have never seen a more lazy, inconsiderate pharmacist in my 40 years of being a pharmacy guest. Besides that, he thinks it's funny to lie about talking to my doctor when I was with the Dr at their office when they've called, yet he says he never heard from them. I even called back the same number they called to make sure it was the right phone number to that store. He told me that he called the doctor the day before and they said he never has called and we're upset that he would lie about it. And that's why I went there and was with them when they called this time.

My script is still on hold even though the dosing changed causing me to be out of my medicine today and this medicine is one you can Not just not take. The side effects are terrible and they can lead up to deathly consequences. But this pharmacist doesn't care. CVS in Twinsburg Ohio gave my wife a very strong heart medication because they couldn't read the doctor's writing, or so they said, instead of the antibiotic she was supposed to get. CVS shame on you guys for hiring such terrible Pharmacists. I have 6 scripts presently there and my wife has almost 20. We will have to find another pharmacy now that we've moved here and Been treated like second rate customers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

This CVS pharmacy on 92 in Lakeland is the worst unorganized place for script. Not only that the pharmacist is very rude. Never go there again. I'm done! I been with Walgreens for years. They are very organized but a little pricey which is the reason changed to CVS. My med was cheaper but sometimes cheaper isn't always better when it comes to customer service!! CVS has the worst customer service ever!

CVS expert review by ConsumerAffairs

After quiring Target in 2015, CVS is now the largest chain pharmacy in the United States, operating in over 9,000 locations. Its online pharmacy offers services such mobile prescription pickup, discount prescription drugs, new prescriptions and refill management and drug information.

• Prescription delivery: CVS offers home delivery for prescriptions and over-the-counter drugs. Consumers will need to create an online account complete with a full health profile, doctor and insurance information. From their online account, they can order prescriptions and choose the home delivery or in-store pickup option.

• Family member management: By using their online account, consumers can input family members’ information and manage their prescriptions without going to the store. Families can schedule ongoing prescription refills and take advantage of free home delivery.

• Accreditation: CVS is accredited by URAC under five areas of pharmacy. These areas include Community Pharmacy, Pharmacy Benefit Management, Drug Therapy Management, Specialty Pharmacy, Mail Service Pharmacy and the Health Call Center for Pharmacy Advisor counseling program.

• Drug information: CVS provides customers with online drug information to keep them informed about the drugs they are taking. Using the drug interaction checker, customers can learn about how different drugs interact with other medications, supplements and vitamins. CVS also provides an online pill identifier where consumers can input pill markings, color and shape to identify the pill.

• Mobile app: CVS has a mobile app that can be used to manage online accounts from any Apple or Android mobile device. Customers can use the app to make picking up prescriptions in the store fast and confidential. By clicking the “Pick up prescription” button, the app generates a barcode and a number that the pharmacist can scan to identify your personal information.

• Best for: customers seeking an easy-to-use online pharmacy.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs