4.57/5

Find the right invention & patent service for you

Mars Rising Network

Since 2007, Mars Rising Network has provided inventors and entrepreneurs with a place free from outrageous costs and fees that would normally stop a creative mind. The Mars Rising Network strives to be as transparent as possible while delivering real answers to make your idea a reality. We will help you walk through the patent services, invention design, licensing services and marketing and promotions. For more information you can look through our inventor resource center. Call today to get started!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

42 Mars Rising Network Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Jeffrey Benson is the CEO Con Artist Executive Officer. They are con artists that prey on people's lack of knowledge of the invention process. We signed an agreement for a $6,900 package that included a patent search, provisional patent, and product development. They also tell you they have contacts in the industry of your invention. We had the patent search done and received a provisional patent. They did no product development but produced some 5th grade drawings with clipart on a brochure for marketing, and the contacts were not even relevant contacts. It has been a horrible experience, and suggest to stay far from these horrible people if you have an invention idea.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Awesome! I've had the best experience working with Mars Rising Network. They have walked and talked me through every step of the process and now are helping me line up licensing deals. They have helped me so much and I plan to use them on my other ideas.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

What a great experience working with the Mars Rising Network, I'm very happy with their hard work. They walk me through the process and made it rather easy and I had a hard design. Thank you Mars Rising Network.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

It’s amazing that just a few months ago my invention was just an idea on paper. Really good experience and they talked me through every process very helpful with my invention. Thanks to this experience. I’ll be using them with my other inventions.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

The Mars Rising Network for me has been one of a kind, after being let down with a company that took my hard earn money with no communication nor explanation. That company no longer exists. The Mars Rising Network is very prompt, educational, always answers my calls, has impressive graphic designs and reasonable pricing. I believe I will have great success through The Mars Rising Network.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mars Rising Network?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Working with Mars Rising Inc. has been a great experience. It was my first invention and they made it comfortable for me to know exactly what was going to happen from A to Z. They answered and solved all of my questions and concerns with professionalism and respect that I would expect from a top company. Watching your invention come to life with every step and progress they make is a fantastic experience. I would no doubt choose this company again for any future inventions that I may have. They are literally making your hope and dreams come true.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I really enjoyed working with Mars Rising Network because they made me feel like I was in control. They only wanted my best so if it meant going back and re-doing a sketch or re-typing they were happy to. The super friendly staff, and quick responses to emails really helped the project move along smoother. I highly recommend anyone with an invention to use Mars Rising Network.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I would like to recommend Mars Rising Network to all potential inventors. I was given detailed and precise service and I am totally satisfied. I had an concept in mind and Mars Rising made my dreams reality. I am looking forward to the finished product.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

Starting from the first phone call I was compelled that Mars Rising, Inc. has great staff who are capable of making their customers happy. Since this is my first time, it was not a problem for them to keep in touch with me as often as needed. They were willing to sit down and email me when I had questions. The whole delivery process of your invention idea was an A+ simply because they put their heart in wanting your idea to be successful as much as you want to. I would recommend Mars Rising, Inc. to any first time inventor who's looking to get their napkin idea to the market display and beyond.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

This is my first invention I've applied for a patent and was concerned with all the "Patent Troll" nightmare stories. After reading many positive reviews from happy clients I contacted Mars Rising. Al, the general manager, explained the entire process, answered all my questions and re-explained parts of the process I was unclear about. At this point I learned you receive much more than just a patent, you work with a team virtually by your side from clearing patent search to final negotiations with your prospective buyer(s) with Jeff, CEO and inventor. I'm an inventor, not a marketing guru. Their guidance is invaluable, thank you all.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

From the very first phone call to Mars Rising Network, we found the staff to be very skilled and professional. Their patience with our naive questions was comforting and our questions were answered in a way that we could understand. They have been very responsive and guided us through this process with ease. For first time inventors, we are more than pleased with the service we have received from MRN. We highly recommend MRN to any inventor.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I had the opportunity to work with Mars Rising Inc. for the first time with one of my many ideas. I wanted to give them a try to see if they would bring my ideas to light. I am glad that I did because they are all so helpful from beginning to end. They answered all my questions and explained in detail the whole process and they were also extremely fast. I contacted Mars Rising Inc. the end of June 2018 and now it is beginning of August and they have my patent, my design, video, brochures and now they are starting my website. Everything they did is perfection, quality and outstanding professionalism. I can also contact them for advice about the manufacturers. I recommend them for anyone who has a lot of ideas and just want answers on how to proceed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I had an idea for an invention. I wasn't sure where to go or how to get it started. I compared numerous companies. I found Mars Rising, Inc. had answered all my questions and I felt comfortable choosing them. I couldn't be happier with the results. I was updated throughout the patent process. When the 3D designer contacted me, he really took the time to understand what I wanted. We were in constant contact throughout that design process. He took my corrections and got the final product I was looking for. I would recommend Mars Rising, Inc to anyone looking to get started with their idea when they are not sure how to.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

After coming up with my invention, my next thought was… how was I going to get my product out. I wasn’t completely knowledgeable about patenting and needed some guidance. After researching some of the other companies, I decided to go with Mars Rising Network. My first point of contact was Jeff (the CEO) and he walked me through each step and expectation of my project. Jeff is very professional and was available to answer all my questions regardless of the stage of progress. Derryl, my designer was able to bring my idea to life. He listened and offered suggestion that benefited the outcome of my product. Mars Rising Network is an awesome company to do business with. I highly recommend Mars Rising Network to anyone who is looking to advance their invention to the next step.

Original review: April 5, 2018

This is an updated review from 2016. I want to say first that I wish all invention, patent and licensing companies were as good as Mars Rising when it comes to honesty and integrity. Mars Rising assisted in developing my invention, getting it patented and made a prototype. I believe my prototype was their first one. It took a few tries but they got it right and I never doubted they would. When I'm contacted by marketing and licensing businesses, I end up feeling like it's all a big scam. They want thousands of dollars upfront promising this, that and the other. I'm left wishing these companies were more like Mars Rising when it comes to honesty and integrity. It's true. If Mars Rising offered the same services they do, I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Now I want to thank Jeff for all he's done for me. You have my utmost respect.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

After countless hours of researching invention development companies, I made the choice to go with the Mars Rising Network, and so glad I did. They have been so helpful, understanding and have taken the time to make sure everything gets done right. If you are considering turning your invention idea into reality, contact The Mars Rising Network, they will take good care of you every step of the way.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

So glad that I found Mars Rising! I almost went with another company that wanted to charge me nearly twice as much as Mars. The staff were really great to deal with too. They took the time to evaluate my idea and gave me honest feedback on how to improve it. They showed me how to take charge of the process and how marketing, manufacturing and distribution actually works so that no one can ever take advantage of me. Everything that I thought I knew was wrong. They really took the time to educate me on everything even before I signed up! My representative never tried to high pressure me at all - very refreshing. The design work and video they did for me is unbelievable. I actually cried when I saw my invention come to life in the animated video they produced. Very high quality work at every turn. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I was working with MRN on my provisional patent, however everything I told them was filed incorrectly. I gave them another chance and I was working with Michael ** who have left the company. I work with the CEO Jeffrey Benson and he is all talks. I gave them another chance and did prototype with them, everything promised never happen now. I am in debt of -30K and still have not receive anything. Breach of contract as I am going to ask for a settlement or will lawyer it up. I am really disappointed and warn others. Do not fall into the same situation I was in as I spoke with so many clients of theirs and they went through the same.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Please read my experience so that you are well informed and can make the best use of your money. In July I contacted Mars Rising for information about getting a patent. I did not understand what was involved in the invention process and what the value of the services they were providing was. I decided to go ahead with their services in part because of the good reviews and lack of complaints. If everyone else was happy, the services must be necessary in obtaining a patent right?

I got so caught up in comparing inventor help companies that I didn't ask myself, "Do I need an invention help company." Mars Rising Network seemed much more straightforward than other invention help companies I had already spoken with, so I signed a contract agreeing to a $6900 package. The package included a patent search, 3D drawings, provisional patent application, a brochure, and contact information to help me license my invention. The initial payment was $1335 to Mars Rising Network and $685 was paid to Integrity Patent Services for a patent search and provisional patent application. I agreed to 17 monthly payments and made the first monthly payment of $306. I was told my provisional patent application would be filed within 45-60 days and that a 3D designer would be contacting me within 2-4 weeks.

As I worked with the designer and became more familiar with the invention process, I started formulating a business plan of how I would produce the invention or license it. I realized that the only thing that I really needed that Mars Rising was providing was the 3D drawings. It began to dawn on me that I could have contacted a patent attorney myself and hired a 3D designer to make the invention drawings.

I did some research and found that experienced inventors did not usually recommend using an invention help company. I also found that invention promotion companies are required under the 1999 Inventor Protection Act to disclose details that were not disclosed to me. I sent an email on outlining my concerns and requesting contact on Monday. I had always received a prompt answer, but on Monday most of my calls went to voicemail after a ring or two. I finally spoke with a person, but he told me I needed to speak to the owner. The owner did not answer his phone either. I left the general manager a message and finally received an email saying that he had forwarded my email to the owner.

I sent an email the next day outlining my concerns more specifically and told them that I wished to stop their services and requested a complete refund of my money except for fees paid to Integrity Patent Services. I did not receive a return call from Mars Rising Network, so I called the owner later in the day and was able to speak to him. He refused to give me any money back. He told me that Mars Rising Network was not an inventor promotion firm like other companies and they did not have to provide the disclosure required in 1999 Inventor Protection Act.

I pointed out the plain wording of the Act and asked if Mars Rising provided promotion services. He denied this until I pointed out on their website that it uses the word promotion under services offered. He pressured me to agree to stopping payment without a refund and said that if I did not agree to it he would charge me the entire amount since I had signed a contract. I told him he could send me the document and I would think about it. Ultimately, I decided to sign the document, because I didn't want it to go to a collection agency and affect my credit score even though I did not feel like the agreement was fair. I think I could have had the 3D drawings done for $300-500. He insisted that it would easily cost $1500 to get these done. He said that they had done the patent search and provisional patent application, which I understood was done by Integrity Patent Services, and the bulk of their work done for me was on the drawings.

I feel like I paid $1641 for the 3D drawings that I could have gotten elsewhere for much less money due to Mars Rising Network taking advantage of my lack of knowledge. Please learn from my experience and go to a reputable patent attorney so you are only paying for the services you need. I could say a lot more, but I hope this gives you some direction on you invention journey! Best of luck.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have a wonderful invention in mind which I have thought about for a number of years, and finally decided the time was right to pursue help in bringing it to life. I spoke with several companies and proceeded to read their reviews. I was not impressed, until I read about Mars Rising Network. People seemed genuinely happy with them, so I proceeded to contact them as a result. It took several attempts, but finally a plan for a phone appointment was set and Al ** (GM / Coordinator) called.

I was so happy to hear from him because one of the main reasons people liked Mars Rising was because they are cheaper than the rest. He was apologetic about the fact that the person who was supposed to call was on vacation, so he was calling instead. I don't think so! It turns out he was the only one who was meant to call, and the feeling crept over me that he was not being completely honest about the staffing. It just put up sort of a pink flag.

I had already learned quite a bit about what to ask and how to move forward most efficiently and carefully, and during our conversation I asked direct questions and hoped for clear and concise answers. NOT! Al was totally defensive, condescending, and insulting, eluding to the fact that "no one ever asks these sorts of questions". HE was not at all comfortable being asked about their true success rates in terms of actual patents issued, complaints and law suits that got settled out of court, details as to how many different designs were allowed without additional costs, what-if's, etc.

I expressed my dismay as to his attitude, and he asked that I give him a second chance. He proposed that he email a breakdown of their services and that perhaps we could start again. I was receptive. SO, he follows up with his email. I responded requesting to review the various contractual documents we would be signing jointly so as to understand how my expectations would translate into their commitments in writing. WELL! He wrote back telling me that he didn't feel we were a good fit. WHAT? I was extremely annoyed and decided to try to contact the owner of the company and get around him in order to still work with them. No one ever responded to my requests to move forward with anyone else, and I really feel they are slim-staffed and basically he was IT and he was a roadblock.

It forced me to look a bit further... which I am so happy to report that I did. I discovered "For Sale By Inventor". Total reversal of what I had just gone thru Al **. I found them through the BBB ratings, and interestingly, they had not even heard of Mars Rising. All I know is that I felt heard by them and didn't get the feeling that they were hiding anything. I was treated with respect, and Donnie had no problems whatsoever answering my questions and concerns. Do yourself a favor and try FSBI. Alternatively, if you go to MR, try to avoid Al ** if at all possible.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2016

A friend of mine who did some research recommended Mars Rising. I looked them up and saw their reviews, so I decided to give them a call. Their people were very calm and always there when I needed them. When I ran into a financial hiccup, they put my account on hold, took it back up when I was ready. Everything was great except I feel like I’m left on a boat. I'm a working person every day and I really don’t have time to make phone calls and emails all day. Other than that, my experience has been fantastic and worth my time. I recommend that any young inventor with an idea should definitely go to this company, and the company should offer a second branch to turn the inventor into a young entrepreneur.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

It was a great experience. All the Mars Rising Network reps have been extremely knowledgeable, helpful through each step and very informative in explaining things to me so can I understand.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I talked to a couple of companies and chose Mars Rising. Their reps were pleasant, helpful and informative and any questions I've had they've answered completely. They told me everything that was included with the package and as I’m on Social Security disability, they even cut me a break with the two-year plan. I also appreciate that they contact me after they email me. I look forward to progressing with my current project and dealing with the company again for my other ideas. Their service has been exceptional.

Original review: June 23, 2016

Mars Rising delivered everything they promised and have been extremely helpful. It was a good experience.

Original review: June 15, 2016

I was with another company before and have a provisional patent that runs out in July of this year. I fired them because there were some security breach problems. When I went on their website, it said they had been in business for two years. Then farther down and it said, “Five years ago we did this…” and then it was, “Ten years ago we did this…” They also didn’t have a number to call back on and the fax line didn’t work. I never actually got any paperwork on my patent and just have a patent number. Luckily I didn’t pay them a whole lot.

When I was online doing research on them, which was a little being a day late and a dollar short, that’s when a whole lot of stuff about Mars Rising came up. So I checked with the Better Business Bureau and read all of the reviews on them for weeks before choosing Mars Rising and there's no comparison. The first person that I talked to, Al, was really nice, helpful and upbeat. He told me how everything worked. I really like him and have a good rapport with him. He came up with something so much better. They sent my item to the design team and I spoke with a guy named Michael in that department. Now I've got all of the stuff mailed off and ready to be patented. They’re easy to work with and talk to, and they don’t use a whole bunch of big words.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I love Mars Rising Network. The representatives have been awesome, very helpful and professional. They helped me through the whole process of turning my idea into the professional presentation for my invention along with drawings and brochure describing it. The service has been awesome from the very beginning until I’ve gotten to the patent pending status right now. They’re always open to any questions I have and returned phone calls very quickly.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I was googling for patent assisters. I read through all of them and Mars seemed like they would be able to help me out. Their main objective was to help search for my invention idea to make sure it's safe for me to patent and have it patented. They succeeded in doing it. They were helpful in everything along the way and the price was reasonable. They are good that I'm actually going to them again. Perfection perfected.

Original review: May 17, 2016

The representative at Mars Rising was very open, willing to listen and guided me through all the process. I contacted them and they are really attentive to my ideas. They said what the process would be and to first see if it was feasible. We did a search first to see if there was any other patent stuff out there and they didn't find anything that did. They sent a report of what they searched up so I can get an idea of what's out there (like similar stuff). Then it was about doing the actual drawing. So, I sent my drawing and description then they paired me with an artist, who would take my basic drawing and then convert it into 3D file renderings.

At one point, there was a miscommunication with them. I was thinking of something I wanted. I assumed maybe an engineer would work on it too, but it was just an artist at this point so I had mentioned that to the artist. The artist, from his own accord, brought it up to his boss, which is the CEO Jeffrey Benson. Then the CEO personally gave me a call saying how the process would be. I got the paperwork of what they completed and I just have to send it in now. Mars Rising make sure you have all the information before making any monetary and just any decision. It was seamless. They're very nice and I like the fact that the CEO personally called to clear anything up.

Original review: May 15, 2016

I was extremely satisfied with Mars Rising Network as they operate with a lot of integrity which is hard to find in this industry. I've always communicated with Jeff who represents the company and is my contact person throughout my whole process. He was helpful during the entire process. He is very knowledgeable and always available to assist in whatever I needed to make sure I got my patent. In fact, he made sure he always helped me with everything that was needed at the patent office. He even had to redo some things and was very gracious about it and we eventually got a patent. I like that the company offers a lot of resources to help with whatever my goals are with the product.

Original review: May 14, 2016

I am happy and very positive about my experience with Mars Rising Network. They were very good and were able to thoroughly explain their process and what they have to offer. They were very good at communicating. Their designer was very helpful also.

Mars Rising Network expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Mars Rising Network offers inventors everything they need to turn their idea into reality, including patent services, assistance with invention design, licensing services, market promotion, prototyping and manufacturing. They also offer specialty services, including 3D animation video production, 3D design and prototyping and web/SEO services to help inventors and investors get a feel for how their product will look and function. Invention submission is easy, free and confidential.

• Full service: Mars Rising Network helps inventors through every step of the production process, from patents to marketing. Inventors can choose which services they need from the company.

• Free consultation: Inventors who need patents can sign up for a free consultation to find out more about the patent process and discuss their project in more detail.

• Confidential: Every inventor who submits their idea will receive a signed confidentiality agreement from the CEO, assuring inventors their ideas are kept private until they are ready to be designed, prototyped and marketed to the public.

• Get ready for Shark Tank: Mars Rising Network is unaffiliated with Shark Tank, but they are excited to help inventors apply to get on the popular TV show. Interested inventors can get all the help they need, from filling out the application to marketing their product at a low cost. Financing is also available.

• Free online resources: Anyone can read and use the valuable resource information available for free on Mars Rising Network’s website. They have information on patents, licensing, marketing and capital to help inventors understand the process of moving from an idea to a marketable product.

• Best for: new and experienced inventors who are ready to get their idea patented, designed and marketed.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs