Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

289 InventHelp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I called InventHelp and we set up an appointment. The interaction I've had with their customer service reps went very well. Right now, I’m waiting for the patent lawyer to contact me so I can get approved of what they wrote down. I'm very well satisfied with the overall experience with InventHelp and would recommend them.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I emailed InventHelp and they contacted me, set up an appointment and I went in. Getting in contact with them is better than other places. The product is still being worked on and put together, but so far my interactions with the reps have been good. They contact me every two weeks and keep me up to date.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

My InventHelp rep has been amazing. I spoke to him about my idea and he told me that he could help me the best way he could without getting my hopes up. Plus, he stays in contact. So far, we’re putting the product together and working on the pricing. He told me that I would hear from him in two months.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I saw an InventHelp commercial with George Foreman and from then on, I’ve been working with them. They've really been there for me. Every time I called, I got a call back, or if they were not busy at that time, they answered the phone. In fact, there’s not been a time that I called that I haven't got an answer. And if they couldn't answer, they'd refer me to another department that could answer. They’ve been getting my stuff done on time and I haven’t had any quirks. I have one patent already and and a prototype off my first invention. Then, my new invention just went into patent pending. The new virtual videos are awesome as well, so things have been pretty good. Right now, I’m working on getting another prototype done. Everybody’s courteous to me and no question is a dumb question to them, so I appreciate it. My experiences with InventHelp have been awesome and I have recommended them to others.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I've seen InventHelp on TV and liked the guy chiseling on the little wheel. I really thought it was cool. Their rep, Bryan, has been very good, friendly and right on the money. As soon as I try sending him a message, he gets right back to me. Plus, if I don't understand, he tries to explain things differently and he does well. I’m going through the procedures right now and he has been explaining things well. I'm really excited about what I have. I’ve been testing this thing for two years and keeping my mouth quiet. I wanna get it out in front of everybody so they can see it. But we gotta take each step. I listened to Bryan about what he was doing, what we were doing, and how we’re doing it, and I like it. Everything seems to be going well. Now, I’m waiting for a package from InventHelp. It should have been here by now and I had Bryan check to see where it’s at.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I’m finally inventing things and noticing that every time I invented something, it would come out years later. It went on and on like that. I went once to an appointment on InventHelp and then I tried someone else also, but for some reason, I decided to stay with InventHelp. Their representatives have been really helpful. They listen. They really explained themselves and I understood all the processes that I’m still going through right now. So far, so good.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Mr. ** provided a "STRESS FREE" appointment process and customer service experience. I was going to be late for my appt so I called to resched, and it was easy for me to be seen later that day! My experience for rescheduling was "STRESS FREE". Mr. ** greeted me with a friendly, courteous, and "eager to help" smile and handshake. He was very respectful and professional. My customer experience with InventHelp was "STRESS FREE", quick and easy. Thank You InventHelp!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I wanted to come out with a project doing pajamas. I contacted InventHelp and I spoke to Mark. He explained roughly to me about what I needed to do and what InventHelp offers. I wasn’t financially stable at that time so I was just getting basic information on what they offer. That was back in 2011. In 2017, I contacted InventHelp again. I was ready and I believe that I was financially stable to move forward. I wanted to see if the idea that I had was worth pursuing.

The interaction with the reps went wonderfully. I contacted the Baltimore office and spoke to Drew. He gave me an interview within three days. He told me what I needed to bring. I needed to put a presentation together. I had some stuff written down but what I did was I used the presentation that I did when I went to college to put a presentation together since I got an A on that. I spent two days working on it as far as drafting and writing it up so that I could present it to him. He was so pleased with the presentation. It takes that one person to believe because before I met with him, I tried to present my product to others and they just slammed the door on my face.

I consider InventHelp as my family. They have been with me through the whole thing, from the day that I met Drew at the office all the way up to Philadelphia. When I call them, they answer all my questions. When I was doing the draft of my product, I got an offer and I’m excited about that. It has been an amazing experience and I recommend InventHelp to people all over the world.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I'm satisfied with my experience with InventHelp in the few months I've been working with them. Their service and contact have been outstanding so far, and I've already recommended them to other people.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I heard about InventHelp 10 years ago on TV, but I didn’t have enough money to get enrolled in the program at that time. About five or six years later, I heard about it on TV again and I got the number, but that was when they were in Sacramento. I got the new number when they were down in San Bruno.

Everything's been okay. I got lots of knowledge from their brochures and stuff they have sent me. I'm still waiting to make some money on it though. I'm gonna have a rewrite on the book so that we can send it out to the manufacturers. I hope they will get some leads from that, and if we have any action at the invention conventions that are going around. But Bill has been really handy. He's been able to answer all my questions so far. They also kind of keep me abreast with things, so I kinda know what is going on a little bit. I would recommend them. If this all works out, I got lots of people I know that have lots of inventions that need some kinda help. So, if we get going on this one really good, I can bring them lots of business.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I was more familiar with InventHelp from seeing them on TV and that was why I chose them. Plus I knew about the George Foreman Grill and some of the other inventors that they had made popular. I worked with Meredith and she was great. I had a wonderful experience with InventHelp. It felt very trusting.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

The InventHelp rep was a very cool guy. He was on top of stuff and he followed up with me promptly. He made sure that if I hadn't heard from him in a week or so, he’d give me a call. I didn’t have to call. He kept me updated on everything very frequently and overall, he was very good. I like the fact that InventHelp helps with everything so conveniently. They pack everything in one punch so it makes it easy for a person to get all his stuff situated. I’d recommend InventHelp.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The InventHelp reps were very professional and I felt very comfortable. It was very easy to get in contact with them. We had a meeting where I explained my products, what I wanted to do and we went from there. They helped me through everything and I've already gotten feedback where they're starting to put together the item. The experience has been great so far.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I called up InventHelp, made an appointment to come up and then showed my idea. It's easy to contact them and they've answered the many questions I had. They also get back to me within a couple of days or within that day. I'm at a point where I've made some samples and they're gonna send them out. I haven't gotten anywhere yet and it's gonna take a little time, but I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I saw InventHelp on TV and I went and paid them in August. The rep was nice and everything has been good so far. I'm still waiting on a patent number and it’s still not where I wanna be but the process seems to be going well.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

My experience with InventHelp has been okay and their reps have been fairly professional. However, they could improve on following through and follow-up. Also, they could be a little more obvious on the disclosure of the legal fees. It was supposed to be a turnkey product where everything was paid for, and it wasn't. There were still some fees that they were seeking. I went back and found that disclosure on the agreement, and that was not exactly the way they sold it to me.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

InventHelp's staff is polite and informative. They are also not promising you the world. It's more just reality-based and being very straightforward about the process which have been nice. But, having more frequent communication like staying abreast with timelines and expectations would also be nice. Other than that, we're very satisfied with what's been going on. It's been what we expected--no big turns or surprises.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

One day, I had an idea. I went to InventHelp to go check on it and I got started with them. My rep was Julio and he was pretty awesome. He told me what they could do and what they were capable of doing. He explained how processes went and was very supportive. He listened to me, heard my idea, and we went from there. I'd tell someone who has an idea to take it to InventHelp and Julio. InventHelp is a great company to go through. They'd do everything that they can to help. I have 100 percent confidence in them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I'm very happy with InventHelp. Their staff has been great. I've been very impressed with how they keep me informed, what they're doing and when they're gonna do it, and then they pretty much do it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have been very happy with everything about InventHelp. I met with one of their reps and she was very professional and helpful throughout the process. It was also very easy to get a hold of her. We are still in the process but their service has been very good so far. They went above and beyond to help me with some other questions I had. I am very satisfied.

Resolution response: Jan. 18, 2019

The problem has been resolved. Thank You

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

SCAM ALERT! Watch out for this hoax... I signed up with InventHelp in late 2017 & then rollercoaster of false hopes & crappy low budget services began. They know every trick in the book to hook you & then take your money. My biggest mistake I made was not researching the massive amount of lawsuits against InventHelp that have been filed over the years, not to mention the scam alert pages & news reports found online pointing to InventHelp's tricks in their billion dollar industry. I called client services to request canceling my account & the first person hung up on me, I called back & then second person claimed to be a supervisor & said, "well your contract is being met, so low performance doesn't constitute canceling"...

I responded, "I never said it was performing low, you just did, I said I want to cancel" - She says, "you can't as per your contract"... "So then who should my lawyer contact after I'm done leaving bad reviews, & submitting a complaint to the Federal Trade Commission?" She responded - "Well that department isn't available right now"... Really? They're not available? Okay, so I asked, "You can't leave me a name & contact information for anyone? "- She says "no, sorry not at this time" ... Client services is obviously just a call center & can't help you with anything. InventHelp hooks you good... Drags you along with a lot of crappy submission paperwork they send to you once a month or so stringing you along until your contract is up... The patent attorneys they use are offered at a discount so you only use their people to give you more false hope.

They do little research to tell you if your invention is actually producible, let alone profitable. The only one making a profit off ideas & inventions is InventHelp... They got the best idea of them all. Scamming would-be inventors! Do your research online & don't believe the captivating offers they promise you. It's all manufactured to hook you & get you to sign... If you have a real idea, make it yourself & pitch it yourself to manufacturers... Not salespeople who get paid a big commission when you sign on the dotted line!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

InventHelp really helped. I went there on the 12th of June, and they asked me to narrate what I wanted to invent. After 45 minutes to one hour, he said that it was good and that I should pay for the patent search. I didn't have any money, so I went to my car and searched. I found a credit card in my name, which I used to redeem $960 for the patent search. When the info on the patent search arrived, he called and told me to file for the patent license. I asked him to give me a discount because it was a big amount of money and it was not from my own money that I earned on my job. And he said, “Okay, $15,000.”

After signing all the documents, he said that their hands were off my case and it was already between me and the lawyer in Florida, and I should respond to anything that the lawyer needed from me. Then I talked to somebody from the Pennsylvania office, and they said that my stuff was being worked on. When I went there, they did the adjustment of my invention. That one is sent on the mail so that I can sign it and move forward. And so far, I'm satisfied with InventHelp until I get my patent right.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Dealing with InventHelp was amazing. It was professional and productive. They told me about the program and they analyzed it. They defined the steps and resources, and the process was very good. I already recommended them.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I put in an idea to InventHelp and they sent a letter to a possible investor and possible clients. I strongly believed that my idea would sell but it has been five months that I have heard nothing about it other than that they sent the letters to people. Then after that, I heard absolutely nothing and I felt like I was just on the side. I'm making my payments and nothing is happening. I wish somebody would try to sell it or do something.

When I talked to Brian, the rep, he helped me a lot to be a little more patient. I understand partly that no one has answered my letter but then, I wished they were a little more aggressive. I spoke to Brian about it. He said they sent the letter then went back and tried to check on people to see what they thought but there was no answer at all. Not even one "No" or one "Okay." I wish that if they saw it, they thought of other things. I wish someone was pushing a little bit more to make them see the idea and more people would read it or see it and consider it. My experience with Brian has been amazing and he returned my calls but I feel disappointed with their customer service. When I call the people at client services, they just read their notes. They just do their job and they were not involved but I am still waiting and hoping for something to happen.

Insufficient response received
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If you stole a white car and painted it red, would the red car belong to you? No. Invent help steals your inventions by calling them a different name and believes that they have not stolen them? They believe that your invention renamed belongs to them for their profit. This company has a bad reputation after doing this enough times to clients. Well this is in reality - this is grand theft larceny. People who steal cars go to jail so should people who steal inventions go to jail.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My experience with this SCAM company is terrible! They tell you all the things you want to hear, to get your money. And then they sit back and do nothing. It's a racket plan and simple! Other than drawing up a elementary school level sketch of my product, they virtually didn't do anything that was promised! I'm going to seek legal action! I want to give negative 5 stars.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Drew is our local InventHelp guy and he's a charm. Another guy named Tim works there and another was in graphics, and both responded quick and professionally and did a very good job. The help I got from the video and the brochure were very good too. However, I was a little bit shocked that I have a patent for golf and InventHelp didn’t have a lot of the big manufacturers on their list, but I've been working with Drew and somebody else. We listed the ones they like, and now they've reached out to it. Most people go through InventHelp. A lot of the big companies don’t want to agree to get on because they may be working on the same thing.

Also, with all the numbers that InventHelp calls out, the reps ought to get their title on there. That way, people will know who's calling because most people who see a number like that just block it off. A lot of InventHelp's representatives call with so many different numbers and it would be a good idea.to have InventHelp as who's calling from. But I'm very happy with InventHelp.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was impressed with the way InventHelp and I liked the attitude. Their reps have taken care of all my questions and the projects we got going are moving ahead. Everything is good so far and everything is going the way we've talked about it.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I saw InventHelp on TV and Paul, the rep from their Michigan office convinced me to go with their company. The reps were very professional, answered anything I wanted in full and I'm very glad that I went with them. I asked them to change the brochure a little bit, the rep handled it very well. When the copy of the brochure came to the house, it was exactly what we talked about over the phone.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

These people wanted $10k to start out to help with my product. I even made an operational model. The man told me at the Arlington Texas location it was a great idea and they could help... For $10k then right at a year later I started seeing my exact product advertised. He also told me it would take approximately a year to get it into production... Imagine that I seen it one year later... they want money and will steal your ideas. DON'T DO IT!

InventHelp expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1984, InventHelp assists inventors with submitting their inventions and product ideas to the industry. They help inventors package their ideas, provide a patent referral and then submit the ideas to companies who are looking for new products. Their patent referrals have resulted in over 9,000 patents.

• INPEX trade show: Every summer, InventHelp hosts The Invention & New Product Exposition, or INPEX, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. INPEX is the largest invention trade show in the country and it provides inventors a venue to exhibit their inventions and network with companies who are interested in licensing, manufacturing or marketing new products.

• Request free information: InventHelp sends free information about their services to interested inventors. Simply submit your name and email address to have free information sent to you.

• 3D prototype modeling package: Inventors who have new product ideas can benefit from InventHelp’s 3D prototype modeling package. This gives you a three-dimensional model of your invention that you can use to print out a prototype. Your printed model will not be functional, but it will give you an accurate representation of what you can expect from your current invention design.

• Find your local sales office: InventHelp has over 60 offices across the United States, Canada, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Australia. Find your nearest location to set up an appointment to discuss your invention.

• Patent information: InventHelp does not offer legal advice on patents and encourages their clients to seek legal advice for any patent-related questions. They do have a wealth of resources on patents for inventors to read so they can understand the basics of patents and what they need to do to patent their invention.

• Best for: people who have an idea for an invention and people who have invented a design.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs