Call toll free
3.60/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

InventHelp Reviews

Original review: March 16, 2019

George Foreman took his product to InventHelp and that was one of the deciding factors that led me to the company. I also googled them and they had good reviews. When I called them, they scheduled a meeting. Then I went in and the guy that I met with was awesome. He guided me, went through the entire process and reviewed everything with me from top to bottom. He was very informative, and he was real and honest with me. Then I decided to start the process with them. Aaron has always followed up and followed through. When I left him a message or sent an email, he was very responsive. He emailed me back immediately or contacted me ASAP. I had a great experience working with him. In fact, everyone has been very helpful. I’m so pleased overall. Even the attorneys involved have reached out several times regarding the patent to see how things were and to explain certain things to me.

I've received an email with all the details. They started the process for the patent so it has been submitted. But it can take approximately one year for that to be finalized. I've also received letters in the mail regarding the product itself. We are just waiting now to go to trade shows, present the product and see what happens. But it has been a smooth process and I’m hoping that everything works out and that I hear some good news soon.

InventHelp response

We thank the respondent for her kind words. However, we want to be clear that George Foreman is our official company spokesperson. Mr. Foreman is not an InventHelp client.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I saw InventHelp on TV and heard about George Foreman and all this other stuff. The person was saying, "If you have an idea, give this place a call." So, I called the number. To get started, I had to pay money. I drove down to Lancaster and spoke to Brett. I told him what my idea was. And from there, he showed me how much the total price would be in order to patent the idea or get it out there to see if people would be interested in it. It was 600 something dollars. And I had to pay $170 something and from there, send them $460. So, it basically looked like it costs a lot of money.

Then from there, Brett told me I need to pay $3,000 or $11,000. Once I paid that, they're supposed to be going to Las Vegas, Nevada or somewhere and try to see who would be the best person to help produce that idea that I had. Brett also said he has over 1,000 different companies that believe they could make this device that I’m talking about. He also told me that the device would run anywhere from $70 to $90 in price, as far as what the customer would pay for stuff like this. So, it's like he's telling me there’s a good chance that I’m getting the device out there. It's just a matter of me having the money and me putting the money down.

So far, the experience makes me nervous because my wife's nervous too. We're struggling with money as it is and then InventHelp is talking about a total of $11,000. And my wife has told me that one of her friends tried to do it in Allentown and it took about $4,000 in trying to do their idea. However, things fell through and they didn't get any of their money back. They were out of $4,000 in total. I told my wife that InventHelp's rep told me there's a good chance my idea could work. But, she said that there's also a big chance that it couldn't work and we don’t have money like that to throw out the window.

I haven’t heard too much from InventHelp too. I’ve been calling them, and one time, I even called down to Lancaster. One of InventHelp's people told me there’s no such thing as InventHelp in Lancaster County. I even told the rep I was just down there. I know it's an InventHelp number because their rep called me on my phone with that number. Other than that, some of their reps have been good.

InventHelp response

We clarified with our client that we provide our services in two distinct phases. This particular client purchased the first stage of our services; our Basic Information Package (BIP). The BIP assembles basic information about an invention, idea, concept or new product and the history of its development in a report format. A primary purpose of the BIP is that is becomes a handy reference tool for the inventor or others interested in the invention.

Original review: March 3, 2019

InventHelp is the most well-known and I've heard a lot of great things about this company. I googled them out and I called and got the number. Once I gave them my information, I was given a call by a representative who explained the whole process to me. Then I met with my local regional sales representative. My partner, who is my brother, and I started explaining but then he told us to sign before we do any of that. First things first. We signed the confidentiality agreement and then we presented our idea. Then he pretty much explained the process and anything they offered. He had all the paperwork and was very thorough. But he didn't give us a recommendation if we should do it or not. That was completely up to us and once we had everything, we decided to move forward with our invention idea.

We were initially dealing with Matthew but then he quit his job or something. He just disappeared. He was replaced by Aaron and he was probably the best representative I have dealt with so far. At first, I probably had a billion questions but Aaron 100% answered all our questions very thoroughly. He's also very patient and it's very easy to get ahold of him. He even answered the call on the first time I called him. If he did miss the call, he called me back immediately. He has exceeded all my expectations and I can't say enough how helpful he was.

That man definitely deserves a promotion. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today. So I'm 100% satisfied with my regional sales representative, Aaron. I've also received my research book and I was very impressed with all the research and work that InventHelp had done for me up to this point. Everything they told me they would do, they have done and I can't wait to move forward with them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

InventHelp was the first one that came up that was closest to the house. The other one that I found was a lawyer and I was not quite sure if I should go with a patent lawyer. The other thing I saw was that George Foreman stays on there at InventHelp. I thought I would give them a shot and the first thing we did was we made an appointment. The first thing that we wanted to do was sign a privacy statement. Then we had to put it on paper because we didn't have anything on paper. My husband and I had to draw something and he had to write what it was about.

We did the worldwide patent search and then we're working with a lawyer now that's doing the patent. We've signed the paperwork with the lawyer to do that. The people at InventHelp explained most of the steps we'd have to take. Now, it's basically a waiting game. The last thing that we heard from Aaron was when I called him regarding the paperwork that I received from the lawyer. I was a little concerned because they wanted me to draw everything up again. But he told me that they request that as well because when they do the patent, they would want to see it firsthand from us. So he explained that to me a little bit better.

We haven't heard from him as of yet again. But he told me it's gonna be a while and we asked him to update us. We know it's gonna be a long road ahead of us. But they're very easy to contact and we're happy. We had dealt with Aaron before and when we had to leave a message, his response was super fast. I'm 100% satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I wanted to come out with a project doing pajamas. I contacted InventHelp and I spoke to Mark. He explained roughly to me about what I needed to do and what InventHelp offers. I wasn’t financially stable at that time so I was just getting basic information on what they offer. That was back in 2011. In 2017, I contacted InventHelp again. I was ready and I believe that I was financially stable to move forward. I wanted to see if the idea that I had was worth pursuing.

The interaction with the reps went wonderfully. I contacted the Baltimore office and spoke to Drew. He gave me an interview within three days. He told me what I needed to bring. I needed to put a presentation together. I had some stuff written down but what I did was I used the presentation that I did when I went to college to put a presentation together since I got an A on that. I spent two days working on it as far as drafting and writing it up so that I could present it to him. He was so pleased with the presentation. It takes that one person to believe because before I met with him, I tried to present my product to others and they just slammed the door on my face.

I consider InventHelp as my family. They have been with me through the whole thing, from the day that I met Drew at the office all the way up to Philadelphia. When I call them, they answer all my questions. When I was doing the draft of my product, I got an offer and I’m excited about that. It has been an amazing experience and I recommend InventHelp to people all over the world.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

It was easy to sign up. Payments are made affordable. They most likely won’t get you anywhere if you don’t know the difference between design patent and utilities patents. They promise you nothing... And filed over and over for the wrong type of patent

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Reading all the negative reviews just makes me laugh. I have been working with InventHelp for two years now. They tell you upfront this is not a guarantee. They do their best and have a lot more connections they I will ever have. If you want to sit back and do nothing while they do all the work your going to pay. It's that simple. I'm willing to wait, great company so far and not every employer will have the best employees. Give them a try.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

We paid InventHelp to do a patent search in order to let us know that our product was patentable. We knew we would lose the 1k regardless of the outcome. However, the attorney came back and let us know that the product was patentable. We were excited and moved forward. We paid $4500 upfront and financed the rest at 300/month for 36 months. First of all, the patent attorney assigned to us did nothing and I had to call to move everything into action. Then a year later, I find out that they had to switch our patent attorney. Finally, we just review notice that the idea IS NOT PATENTABLE AND HAS BEEN REJECTED!

After my complaint, Lark **, compliance manager, looked into the matter with my patent being rejected numerous times. Before that, the other patent company sat on it and I had to plead to Invent Help to move it to the current attorney. Lark looked over my options, they all required a large sum no quoted with my initial signup. I told her I was not paying penny more. I had until October 18 to make a decision or my pending patent would no longer be viable. She contacted me on Oct. 11 and said they Invent Help would pay the fee to keep it going so I could obtain a patent. I agreed to this.

So, today, November 4, I call the patent attorney and shockingly (not) they never heard from Lark or Invent Help, even though I have receipt that I gave her the green light to move forward. NOTHING WAS RECTIFIED! THEY LIE! To add insult to injury, they sent a bogus flyer and invention notebook. It was generic but I am sure they thought I would be appeased. Please see the photos, they are ridiculous. This company is a ripoff. I have received nothing but a few pathetic papers and pamphlets.

InventHelp response
We are writing to clarify our position regarding this post. The respondent's statements are inaccurate. The respondent's post was submitted on November 4, 2019. The respondent's statement that we had not contacted the patent attorney is simply not true and disingenuous at best. In fact, we received an email from the client dated November 4, 2019 where she states "...I did receive a call from the patent attorney and he did clear up the confusion." To state that we "...lied..." is unfair.
The respondent's comments regarding the catalog featuring her invention are misleading as well. To protect the confidentiality of every client, each client receives a catalog with generic inventions, such as a key, ball point pen etc., along with their own invention to illustrate the format that companies receive. The "real" INVENTION Catalog is sent to 100 additional companies in the InventHelp Data Bank, who have agreed to review inventions in confidence, and includes 60 InventHelp client inventions.

We have attempted several times to resolve this matter with the respondent and we would be happy to continue those efforts. If she would like to resume our conversation, she should contact us.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

When I first walked in the lady at the front desk was very nice. That changed when Don the man I spoke with came out. He had me vaguely had me describe my idea and immediately started asking for money. When I said I had to talk it over with my wife he said, "You don't have any money do you? I can't help you," to which I replied, "I hope I didn't waste your time." His reply was, "You did." I do not recommend this company to anybody trying to get information on the process.

InventHelp response

We spoke with our sales representative regarding this post. Our representative’s recollection of this incident is quite different and contrasts greatly from the respondent’s interpretation of the meeting. Nevertheless, as is our normal practice, we reiterated with our representative the necessity to always be courteous and respectful to each and every potential client we meet.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

The representatives of InventHelp were totally amazing. They were very knowledgeable, very personable, always on point, always getting back with me with questions, never leaving me hanging and extremely professional. I just follow the procedure and pay the money. Right now, I've already paid my 2,000. I've did my surveys, and so I'm waiting for a response from them as far as what's next.

InventHelp expert review by Michael Nranian

Established in 1984, InventHelp assists inventors with submitting their inventions and product ideas to the industry. They help inventors package their ideas, provide a patent referral and then submit the ideas to companies who are looking for new products. Their patent referrals have resulted in over 9,000 patents.

• INPEX trade show: Every summer, InventHelp hosts The Invention & New Product Exposition, or INPEX, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. INPEX is the largest invention trade show in the country and it provides inventors a venue to exhibit their inventions and network with companies who are interested in licensing, manufacturing or marketing new products.

• Request free information: InventHelp sends free information about their services to interested inventors. Simply submit your name and email address to have free information sent to you.

• 3D prototype modeling package: Inventors who have new product ideas can benefit from InventHelp’s 3D prototype modeling package. This gives you a three-dimensional model of your invention that you can use to print out a prototype. Your printed model will not be functional, but it will give you an accurate representation of what you can expect from your current invention design.

• Find your local sales office: InventHelp has over 60 offices across the United States, Canada, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Australia. Find your nearest location to set up an appointment to discuss your invention.

• Patent information: InventHelp does not offer legal advice on patents and encourages their clients to seek legal advice for any patent-related questions. They do have a wealth of resources on patents for inventors to read so they can understand the basics of patents and what they need to do to patent their invention.

• Best for: people who have an idea for an invention and people who have invented a design.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

InventHelp Company Information