4.0/5 (331 ratings)

About InventHelp

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

Pros

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

Cons

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Bottom Line

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

Top InventHelp Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Pointing me in the right direction to my current attorney has been a huge blessing. I don't even want to think about where I would have ended up without professional guidance from...

Verified

I came to InventHelp not knowing what to expect. I received professional drawings and a video and I was very pleased with how my invention came to life. I have been pleased with m...

How does InventHelp work?

InventHelp assists with your inventions in a number of ways. InventHelp helps you package your idea and market your idea to companies, and it also can refer you to a patent attorney. It doesn’t matter if you only have an idea, InventHelp can help you at any stage of the invention process.

The company can also assist with marketing by helping you find a graphic designer, attend trade shows to make contacts and create press releases to send to publications. To get started, fill out an online form on the InventHelp website to request free information about the company’s services.

InventHelp cost

InventHelp does not publish rates on its site, but, according to the New York Times, a two-year agreement can cost $800 to $10,000. The price varies based on the marketing plan and what services you utilize. InventHelp charges for its services, and its sister company, Intromark Inc., takes a percentage if your idea makes a profit.

InventHelp FAQ

How much does InventHelp charge?
InventHelp does not state how much it charges for its services. Its contracts are customized to each idea.
Is InventHelp a rip-off?
No. InventHelp has been around since 1984, and its patent referrals service has resulted in more than 10,000 patents.
What does InventHelp do?
InventHelp can help bring your product ideas to market. The company can refer you to a lawyer to get a patent for your product. It also helps market your product to companies and negotiate licensing deals with retailers.
How does InventHelp make money?
InventHelp charges fees for its services. Intromark Inc., InventHelp’s sister company, also takes a percentage from an invention if it’s licensed and or becomes a financial gain. InventHelp tells you exactly how much it will charge for its services before entering an agreement.
Does InventHelp really work?
Yes, more than 10,000 ideas have received patents through the company’s patent referral service.

Is InventHelp legit?

Yes, InventHelp is a legitimate way for inventors to bring their ideas to market. The company has been in business for more than 35 years and helped inventors secure more than 10,000 patents. Inventors who need help marketing their idea to companies, making a 3D prototype of their concept or finding a reputable patent attorney would benefit from working with InventHelp. InventHelp does not list its price since each contract is personalized to the idea.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I am SO VERY PLEASED with the work that all of the InventHelp Team has done for me!! They are all Very Nice and Completely Understanding. They took my toy idea and they’re making it a Dream and a Reality!! I worked closely with their Illustrator Jordyn, and even with each update I requested, she was Always Kind, Courteous and Accommodating. I Love what they did with my idea. For years the idea was just in my mind's eye, but just from my explanation they’re making my Dreams Come True!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND their services!!!! It’s WELL WORTH the Investment!!!!

InventHelp response

We appreciate the kind words from our client. However, we want to make it clear that we do not determine feasibility or evaluate the merits or drawbacks of our clients' inventions. Rather, we package our clients' ideas in a way that may be useful to them in attempting to attract attention to their ideas. InventHelp does not state or imply that InventHelp services will result in financial gains, earnings, or success, or that companies are likely to market or commercialize an invention. No projections of profit, income or royalties have been made to this client.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I was introduced to InventHelp over two years ago. I began with one invention which sparked an idea for a second invention. Being a novice in this area, I received a lot of friendly help from the start by Tim and Angelia. I realized that there were some necessary changes to be made in order to make my invention more: people helpful & useful, easier and cheaper installation, do it yourself project, attractive to the media. I may have taken too much time in making the changes. I lost some of the friendly help I experienced earlier, but the one person who went above and beyond to help me complete my project was Maura from Client Services. Now, a satisfactory invention.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I did some research then investigated InventHelp and decided to go with them since they have been doing this for over 35 years. The meeting with the rep went extremely well. I had tons of questions and she was very patient answering them all. I was impressed by her knowledge and the questions she wasn't sure about she found out the answers and got back to me right away. She's been doing a great job keeping us informed throughout the process so far.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Ms. Maury ** was VERY helpful. She fully explained to me the process of the patent application process & what the "micro and/or the" small entity terminology meant. Not only did she lift my spirits and strongly encouraged me to continue with the patent process, she informed me of what category I fell into and what everything meant. Ms. ** is a GODSEND!!! This nice and intelligent woman is really excellent at her job and should be recommended for a huge raise for the extraordinary job that she does on a daily basis. In my opinion, she is extraordinary and is an asset to your company.

I'm am extremely honored that I had the opportunity for her to speak with me about my and any issues that I had concerning the patent application process. Ms. ** is AWESOME!!! I am very happy that she lifted this weight off my shoulders. So, THANK YOU! Ms. ** for your expertise and experience. You have gave me the confidence I needed to move forward with this process.
    Sincerely and gratefully yours,

Tony **- inventor.

Original review: July 11, 2020

After speaking with a few different invention companies I started working with InventHelp at the beginning of the year. My experience with InventHelp has been a good experience so far. The process moved a lot quicker than I expected. Things have been a little slower when Covid-19 started, but I'm still happy with the progress. My rep has been extremely helpful and keeping me updated throughout the process. There are a lot more challenges than I was aware of and I've learned a lot over these past 7 months. I would recommend working with InventHelp.

Original review: June 4, 2021

This company was amazing, professional, and guided me step by step. I'm so excited to get my product underway and I couldn't have done it without the team at InventHelp. Would highly recommend to any inventor!

Original review: May 23, 2021

The service has been great. The staff is very knowledgeable and has been very responsive in regards to all my questions and concerns in regards to my invention. I recommend InventHelp to anyone who needs the same service.

Original review: May 6, 2021

I don't give out compliments unless they're true and people deserve them. Invent Help definitely deserves the highest praise as far as I'm concerned. Knowledgeable, helpful, courteous, are just a few traits I can list off top of my head when I think of Invent Help.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

I am using InventHelp for the first time. The team at InventHelp has provided exceptional service for my invention. Everyone is engaged and responsive. I have chosen the full service to get from idea, to patents, to prototyping and marketing. I am very pleased with entire process and strongly recommend InventHelp to anyone who has a good idea and who wants to give it the best chance for success. NC.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I came to InventHelp with a product but not knowing how to patent or the process to get my product to the public. I would like to thank Sheri ** and Maura **. they are honest and made feel comfortable entrusting my product with Inventhelp.

InventHelp Company Information