Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Get Pricing
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.30/5

InventHelp helps people patent and market their invention ideas to companies. InventHelp can assist you with pitching your ideas to retailers or obtaining a licensing deal. The company can also refer you to a lawyer for a preliminary patentability search and opinion. Other services include creating videos with 3D renderings and as well as 3D prototype model packages with professional sketching and illustration.

InventHelp Video

BOTTOM LINE

InventHelp creates 3D prototyping and animation for your invention. It helps you market your idea to companies and find an attorney if you need a patent. The company has local offices throughout the U.S.

PROS

• 3D prototyping services
  • Confidentiality agreements
  • More than 60 offices nationwide
  • Patent referrals

CONS

• No legal services
  • No pricing information

Top InventHelp Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Pointing me in the right direction to my current attorney has been a huge blessing. I don't even want to think about where I would have ended up without professional guidance from an established and reputable company such as this. Appreciate their generosity!

I came to InventHelp not knowing what to expect. I received professional drawings and a video and I was very pleased with how my invention came to life. I have been pleased with my experience so far and I’m glad I decided to take a chance on something I believe in. Thank you.

InventHelp Call Now Toll Free (888) 683-4332 Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

How does InventHelp work?

InventHelp assists with your inventions in a number of ways. InventHelp helps you package your idea and market your idea to companies, and it also can refer you to a patent attorney. It doesn’t matter if you only have an idea, InventHelp can help you at any stage of the invention process.

The company can also assist with marketing by helping you find a graphic designer, attend trade shows to make contacts and create press releases to send to publications. To get started, fill out an online form on the InventHelp website to request free information about the company’s services.

InventHelp cost

InventHelp does not publish rates on its site, but, according to the New York Times, a two-year agreement can cost $800 to $10,000. The price varies based on the marketing plan and what services you utilize. InventHelp charges for its services, and its sister company, Intromark Inc., takes a percentage if your idea makes a profit.

InventHelp FAQ

How much does InventHelp charge?
InventHelp does not state how much it charges for its services. Its contracts are customized to each idea.
Is InventHelp a rip-off?
No. InventHelp has been around since 1984, and its patent referrals service has resulted in more than 10,000 patents.
What does InventHelp do?
InventHelp can help bring your product ideas to market. The company can refer you to a lawyer to get a patent for your product. It also helps market your product to companies and negotiate licensing deals with retailers.
How does InventHelp make money?
InventHelp charges fees for its services. Intromark Inc., InventHelp’s sister company, also takes a percentage from an invention if it’s licensed and or becomes a financial gain. InventHelp tells you exactly how much it will charge for its services before entering an agreement.
Does InventHelp really work?
Yes, more than 10,000 ideas have received patents through the company’s patent referral service.

Is InventHelp legit?

Yes, InventHelp is a legitimate way for inventors to bring their ideas to market. The company has been in business for more than 35 years and helped inventors secure more than 10,000 patents. Inventors who need help marketing their idea to companies, making a 3D prototype of their concept or finding a reputable patent attorney would benefit from working with InventHelp. InventHelp does not list its price since each contract is personalized to the idea.

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Ms. Maury ** was VERY helpful. She fully explained to me the process of the patent application process & what the "micro and/or the" small entity terminology meant. Not only did she lift my spirits and strongly encouraged me to continue with the patent process, she informed me of what category I fell into and what everything meant. Ms. ** is a GODSEND!!! This nice and intelligent woman is really excellent at her job and should be recommended for a huge raise for the extraordinary job that she does on a daily basis. In my opinion, she is extraordinary and is an asset to your company.

I'm am extremely honored that I had the opportunity for her to speak with me about my and any issues that I had concerning the patent application process. Ms. ** is AWESOME!!! I am very happy that she lifted this weight off my shoulders. So, THANK YOU! Ms. ** for your expertise and experience. You have gave me the confidence I needed to move forward with this process.
Sincerely and gratefully yours,

Tony **- inventor.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 21, 2020

InventHelp was widely advertised on TV. When I saw my favorite boxer George Foreman, that just made me listen a little bit more. When I saw that, I've always throughout my life was tinkering with things, but I never really put anything on the market. I just power things up in my shed. When I retired from New York City, coming down south, I had time to really shape things that I really was interested in. One of the three things that I would truly wanted to express was something that I invent that I presented to the satellite office right here in Savannah, Georgia, and that's when it all started.

I was in my big flower room and my wife was cooking in the kitchen. InventHelp came on the radio. I said, "Honey, this InventHelp, I've seen them get on radio and TV ads. Maybe I should present my invention." She said, "Yeah, it's a good idea. Why don't you call them?" I called and wasn't expecting and answer, but I guess the rep was busy. I left a message and within minutes, he called me right back. I was really surprised. I have an appointment to come to his office the following Tuesday. When my wife and I came, the rep was very professional and was right on time. He talked about himself a little bit. We had a lot of fun just going back and forth, just talking about life. He gave us some water and saying what else we wanted, to relax us. We also took pictures and have them signed with George Foreman. We were very happy about that.

I had three inventions that I really carefully crafted, took pictures and sketches too. I was gonna present all three but the rep said, "No, you can't. You have to give me the best one, what you want the most." And that was the one they picked off. After that, he started drawing up papers and told me what the downpayment was, which was a little high. But I had the money available and my wife told me, "Go ahead. 'Cause if you don't do it, you'll regret it later." She egged me on. As we were getting into signing papers, I gave him my charge card. He took the money out of it. He asked, "Now what are you gonna call your invention?" I said I have some little name, but the rep was quick. He helped me formulate the name of the product, we both agreed, and that was it. Case closed.

We love that rep. First of all, he's from northeast. And he had a very quick mind that he knew how to handle a conversation, to put you at ease. He's a little humorous, too. There are two more inventions that I have. I know the third one may not make it, but the second one, I really wanna get this out. Once we get the first one going, everything is paid off and money starts coming in, I really wanna get this second one up and going 'cause I know this would definitely take off. I've done my own research survey and this is definitely something that I know people will want. I can't wait to get to that next one.

Original review: April 24, 2020

InventHelp was adamant about making sure I got exactly what I want and we went through some steps to get me what I want. They did a wonderful job on the design. Also, they made a picture for me and it was nice but it wasn't where I want it to be. I wanted the picture in the ditch because that's where it belongs. The guy finally got it in there but it wasn't the display that I wanted. I requested a change in the drafting on the picture and we haven't gotten that done yet. I sent them another packet in and I've been waiting for them to get back with me. They're doing a great job and I'm quite sure they're gonna take care of me.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I'm an avid sports fan and watching my programing, I would always notice InventHelp because of George Foreman. I invented something that I was gonna use at work and when it came time to think about how I would move forward with it, it brought me back to the commercial about George Foreman. I called my friends at InventHelp, then I went and followed them. It was so expensive though. I thought many times about inventing things, but to actually move on it, I didn't realize that it cost so much money for the process and to promote an idea like that. I'm not made of money. I'm just a working stiff like everybody else. Still, the representative was very informative, insightful, and took me along the steps good. He convinced me to move on with the program.

I went and somehow found the money and went into debt for it. I figured if the invention could help me in doing the job, there are other people that does the job that I do and there are people who would also think it could make their job a lot easier. We're not allowed a guarantee and the representative never guaranteed it'd be profitable, but in his opinion, he thought it was a good idea, which I thought so myself. All in all, I feel very good about InventHelp.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've had very upbeat, positive, and professional interactions with InventHelp's reps. The overall service was good. They had done exactly what they said they would do. They didn’t promise me anything. They didn’t say my invention would get a patent. That’s understandable and I’m glad that they didn’t. No one wants false hope. They have sent the correspondence every time that they put my project out on their virtual tool. They’ve always sent me letters in reference to other companies, and if any responded or not. But a follow-up call in between those times to be sure something is still being done could possibly help as they have time in between those letters. And other than the information that is being sent out on their virtual tool, you don’t hear anything unless you take the initiative to call.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I am SO VERY PLEASED with the work that all of the InventHelp Team has done for me!! They are all Very Nice and Completely Understanding. They took my toy idea and they’re making it a Dream and a Reality!! I worked closely with their Illustrator Jordyn, and even with each update I requested, she was Always Kind, Courteous and Accommodating. I Love what they did with my idea. For years the idea was just in my mind's eye, but just from my explanation they’re making my Dreams Come True!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND their services!!!! It’s WELL WORTH the Investment!!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I was introduced to InventHelp over two years ago. I began with one invention which sparked an idea for a second invention. Being a novice in this area, I received a lot of friendly help from the start by Tim and Angelia. I realized that there were some necessary changes to be made in order to make my invention more: people helpful & useful, easier and cheaper installation, do it yourself project, attractive to the media. I may have taken too much time in making the changes. I lost some of the friendly help I experienced earlier, but the one person who went above and beyond to help me complete my project was Maura from Client Services. Now, a satisfactory invention.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2020

I came to InventHelp with a product but not knowing how to patent or the process to get my product to the public. I would like to thank Sheri ** and Maura **. they are honest and made feel comfortable entrusting my product with Inventhelp.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

As a new inventor, I wasn't sure how to pursue my idea further. Inventhelp has been patient and helpful in this experience and offered me a way to hopefully get my idea seen and produced by a company. Inventhelp staff have been friendly and knowledgeable anytime I needed help.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I did some research then investigated InventHelp and decided to go with them since they have been doing this for over 35 years. The meeting with the rep went extremely well. I had tons of questions and she was very patient answering them all. I was impressed by her knowledge and the questions she wasn't sure about she found out the answers and got back to me right away. She's been doing a great job keeping us informed throughout the process so far.

InventHelp Company Information