Call toll free
3.97/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

InventHelp Reviews

Original review: March 16, 2019

George Foreman took his product to InventHelp and that was one of the deciding factors that led me to the company. I also googled them and they had good reviews. When I called them, they scheduled a meeting. Then I went in and the guy that I met with was awesome. He guided me, went through the entire process and reviewed everything with me from top to bottom. He was very informative, and he was real and honest with me. Then I decided to start the process with them. Aaron has always followed up and followed through. When I left him a message or sent an email, he was very responsive. He emailed me back immediately or contacted me ASAP. I had a great experience working with him. In fact, everyone has been very helpful. I’m so pleased overall. Even the attorneys involved have reached out several times regarding the patent to see how things were and to explain certain things to me.

I've received an email with all the details. They started the process for the patent so it has been submitted. But it can take approximately one year for that to be finalized. I've also received letters in the mail regarding the product itself. We are just waiting now to go to trade shows, present the product and see what happens. But it has been a smooth process and I’m hoping that everything works out and that I hear some good news soon.

InventHelp response

We thank the respondent for her kind words. However, we want to be clear that George Foreman is our official company spokesperson. Mr. Foreman is not an InventHelp client.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I saw InventHelp on TV and heard about George Foreman and all this other stuff. The person was saying, "If you have an idea, give this place a call." So, I called the number. To get started, I had to pay money. I drove down to Lancaster and spoke to Brett. I told him what my idea was. And from there, he showed me how much the total price would be in order to patent the idea or get it out there to see if people would be interested in it. It was 600 something dollars. And I had to pay $170 something and from there, send them $460. So, it basically looked like it costs a lot of money.

Then from there, Brett told me I need to pay $3,000 or $11,000. Once I paid that, they're supposed to be going to Las Vegas, Nevada or somewhere and try to see who would be the best person to help produce that idea that I had. Brett also said he has over 1,000 different companies that believe they could make this device that I’m talking about. He also told me that the device would run anywhere from $70 to $90 in price, as far as what the customer would pay for stuff like this. So, it's like he's telling me there’s a good chance that I’m getting the device out there. It's just a matter of me having the money and me putting the money down.

So far, the experience makes me nervous because my wife's nervous too. We're struggling with money as it is and then InventHelp is talking about a total of $11,000. And my wife has told me that one of her friends tried to do it in Allentown and it took about $4,000 in trying to do their idea. However, things fell through and they didn't get any of their money back. They were out of $4,000 in total. I told my wife that InventHelp's rep told me there's a good chance my idea could work. But, she said that there's also a big chance that it couldn't work and we don’t have money like that to throw out the window.

I haven’t heard too much from InventHelp too. I’ve been calling them, and one time, I even called down to Lancaster. One of InventHelp's people told me there’s no such thing as InventHelp in Lancaster County. I even told the rep I was just down there. I know it's an InventHelp number because their rep called me on my phone with that number. Other than that, some of their reps have been good.

InventHelp response

We clarified with our client that we provide our services in two distinct phases. This particular client purchased the first stage of our services; our Basic Information Package (BIP). The BIP assembles basic information about an invention, idea, concept or new product and the history of its development in a report format. A primary purpose of the BIP is that is becomes a handy reference tool for the inventor or others interested in the invention.

Original review: March 3, 2019

InventHelp is the most well-known and I've heard a lot of great things about this company. I googled them out and I called and got the number. Once I gave them my information, I was given a call by a representative who explained the whole process to me. Then I met with my local regional sales representative. My partner, who is my brother, and I started explaining but then he told us to sign before we do any of that. First things first. We signed the confidentiality agreement and then we presented our idea. Then he pretty much explained the process and anything they offered. He had all the paperwork and was very thorough. But he didn't give us a recommendation if we should do it or not. That was completely up to us and once we had everything, we decided to move forward with our invention idea.

We were initially dealing with Matthew but then he quit his job or something. He just disappeared. He was replaced by Aaron and he was probably the best representative I have dealt with so far. At first, I probably had a billion questions but Aaron 100% answered all our questions very thoroughly. He's also very patient and it's very easy to get ahold of him. He even answered the call on the first time I called him. If he did miss the call, he called me back immediately. He has exceeded all my expectations and I can't say enough how helpful he was.

That man definitely deserves a promotion. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be where we are today. So I'm 100% satisfied with my regional sales representative, Aaron. I've also received my research book and I was very impressed with all the research and work that InventHelp had done for me up to this point. Everything they told me they would do, they have done and I can't wait to move forward with them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

InventHelp was the first one that came up that was closest to the house. The other one that I found was a lawyer and I was not quite sure if I should go with a patent lawyer. The other thing I saw was that George Foreman stays on there at InventHelp. I thought I would give them a shot and the first thing we did was we made an appointment. The first thing that we wanted to do was sign a privacy statement. Then we had to put it on paper because we didn't have anything on paper. My husband and I had to draw something and he had to write what it was about.

We did the worldwide patent search and then we're working with a lawyer now that's doing the patent. We've signed the paperwork with the lawyer to do that. The people at InventHelp explained most of the steps we'd have to take. Now, it's basically a waiting game. The last thing that we heard from Aaron was when I called him regarding the paperwork that I received from the lawyer. I was a little concerned because they wanted me to draw everything up again. But he told me that they request that as well because when they do the patent, they would want to see it firsthand from us. So he explained that to me a little bit better.

We haven't heard from him as of yet again. But he told me it's gonna be a while and we asked him to update us. We know it's gonna be a long road ahead of us. But they're very easy to contact and we're happy. We had dealt with Aaron before and when we had to leave a message, his response was super fast. I'm 100% satisfied with the service.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I wanted to come out with a project doing pajamas. I contacted InventHelp and I spoke to Mark. He explained roughly to me about what I needed to do and what InventHelp offers. I wasn’t financially stable at that time so I was just getting basic information on what they offer. That was back in 2011. In 2017, I contacted InventHelp again. I was ready and I believe that I was financially stable to move forward. I wanted to see if the idea that I had was worth pursuing.

The interaction with the reps went wonderfully. I contacted the Baltimore office and spoke to Drew. He gave me an interview within three days. He told me what I needed to bring. I needed to put a presentation together. I had some stuff written down but what I did was I used the presentation that I did when I went to college to put a presentation together since I got an A on that. I spent two days working on it as far as drafting and writing it up so that I could present it to him. He was so pleased with the presentation. It takes that one person to believe because before I met with him, I tried to present my product to others and they just slammed the door on my face.

I consider InventHelp as my family. They have been with me through the whole thing, from the day that I met Drew at the office all the way up to Philadelphia. When I call them, they answer all my questions. When I was doing the draft of my product, I got an offer and I’m excited about that. It has been an amazing experience and I recommend InventHelp to people all over the world.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

The representatives of InventHelp were totally amazing. They were very knowledgeable, very personable, always on point, always getting back with me with questions, never leaving me hanging and extremely professional. I just follow the procedure and pay the money. Right now, I've already paid my 2,000. I've did my surveys, and so I'm waiting for a response from them as far as what's next.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was working with Michael and he could not have been a better representative to help me through the process. It was from 2016 to now, and he is always positive, helpful, encouraging, and thorough. I love him to death. The patent search was what we started with, and I did the mailer program. I started working my way up to where I put enough money into where I could continue forward, and then my cousin came on board and helped with some financial backing, and now, we are going through the patent process, the VIBE and the whole nine yards. My experience with them is fabulous. Everything is going according to plan. The patent attorney got in contact with me last week. I'm looking over the information that they sent me now. I expect to have my products. I should get a 3D rendering that that are via the VIBE expo in Las Vegas soon. I'm perfectly satisfied and 100% happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

InventHelp's rep was awesome. He talked to me whenever I had a question and gave me his cellphone number. It's very hard to catch up with me 'cause I'm always on the go. Still, he would text with me back and forth, answering my questions and made sure that I was comfortable with speaking with him. Prior to talking to him about any of my stuff, he wanted to make sure that he sent me a form to fill out saying it was okay to talk to him about it, even though I spoke to him previously. I loved the professionalism he had. We were able to really hit it off.

I had an idea and through conversation, InventHelp helped me formulate what my idea needed to look like. I had to write it out, draw a picture of it and write it down. Their rep asked what I think my idea would look like and how I thought it would be usable. Right now, I've paid my fees to get my invention listed on the different websites. I've been talking with the patent attorney as well. When InventHelp sent me all the packets, there were different phases I had to go through and currently I'm still locked in the eight-week phase. Still, I don't think anything's gonna happen overnight so I'm patient.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I am a nurse who after many years of seeing a problem decided to come up with a product that could help. I went to InventHelp because I was not familiar with the development and production process. I paid a few thousand dollars in this quest. I stood my grounds when the agent wanted me to put my son's dad on child support, borrow money from relatives or use funds in my retirement account to purchase a more expensive package. Instead I opted for the package where I mailed out the letters myself. I received the box with the 60 pre-prepared addressed papers with envelops and the letters. I mailed them out as instructed. I currently have in my possession over 20 returned letters marked unable to deliver because the address is not valid. Please tell me what I need to do in this situation?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

I contacted inventhelp via the web. Received a timely acknowledgement email (one day) from Devon, indicating someone would be contacting me soon. Several days passed with no contact. I tried calling Devon for days, but he did not answer the phone and his voicemail remained full. I sent another email. Finally, Devon called me and set up an appointment with someone for Wednesday, August 28, 2019, during which he said I would need phone and laptop with internet connection. He also said I would receive a confirmation email the day before the meeting. I received no confirmation email, and Wednesday came and went without anyone contacting me. George Foreman should disassociate himself with this organization. Makes his name bad!

InventHelp expert review by Michael Nranian

Established in 1984, InventHelp assists inventors with submitting their inventions and product ideas to the industry. They help inventors package their ideas, provide a patent referral and then submit the ideas to companies who are looking for new products. Their patent referrals have resulted in over 9,000 patents.

• INPEX trade show: Every summer, InventHelp hosts The Invention & New Product Exposition, or INPEX, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. INPEX is the largest invention trade show in the country and it provides inventors a venue to exhibit their inventions and network with companies who are interested in licensing, manufacturing or marketing new products.

• Request free information: InventHelp sends free information about their services to interested inventors. Simply submit your name and email address to have free information sent to you.

• 3D prototype modeling package: Inventors who have new product ideas can benefit from InventHelp’s 3D prototype modeling package. This gives you a three-dimensional model of your invention that you can use to print out a prototype. Your printed model will not be functional, but it will give you an accurate representation of what you can expect from your current invention design.

• Find your local sales office: InventHelp has over 60 offices across the United States, Canada, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Australia. Find your nearest location to set up an appointment to discuss your invention.

• Patent information: InventHelp does not offer legal advice on patents and encourages their clients to seek legal advice for any patent-related questions. They do have a wealth of resources on patents for inventors to read so they can understand the basics of patents and what they need to do to patent their invention.

• Best for: people who have an idea for an invention and people who have invented a design.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

InventHelp Company Information