Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.70/5

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
View More View More
InventHelp Call Now Toll Free (888) 683-4332 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

InventHelp Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 21, 2020

InventHelp was widely advertised on TV. When I saw my favorite boxer George Foreman, that just made me listen a little bit more. When I saw that, I've always throughout my life was tinkering with things, but I never really put anything on the market. I just power things up in my shed. When I retired from New York City, coming down south, I had time to really shape things that I really was interested in. One of the three things that I would truly wanted to express was something that I invent that I presented to the satellite office right here in Savannah, Georgia, and that's when it all started.

I was in my big flower room and my wife was cooking in the kitchen. InventHelp came on the radio. I said, "Honey, this InventHelp, I've seen them get on radio and TV ads. Maybe I should present my invention." She said, "Yeah, it's a good idea. Why don't you call them?" I called and wasn't expecting and answer, but I guess the rep was busy. I left a message and within minutes, he called me right back. I was really surprised. I have an appointment to come to his office the following Tuesday. When my wife and I came, the rep was very professional and was right on time. He talked about himself a little bit. We had a lot of fun just going back and forth, just talking about life. He gave us some water and saying what else we wanted, to relax us. We also took pictures and have them signed with George Foreman. We were very happy about that.

I had three inventions that I really carefully crafted, took pictures and sketches too. I was gonna present all three but the rep said, "No, you can't. You have to give me the best one, what you want the most." And that was the one they picked off. After that, he started drawing up papers and told me what the downpayment was, which was a little high. But I had the money available and my wife told me, "Go ahead. 'Cause if you don't do it, you'll regret it later." She egged me on. As we were getting into signing papers, I gave him my charge card. He took the money out of it. He asked, "Now what are you gonna call your invention?" I said I have some little name, but the rep was quick. He helped me formulate the name of the product, we both agreed, and that was it. Case closed.

We love that rep. First of all, he's from northeast. And he had a very quick mind that he knew how to handle a conversation, to put you at ease. He's a little humorous, too. There are two more inventions that I have. I know the third one may not make it, but the second one, I really wanna get this out. Once we get the first one going, everything is paid off and money starts coming in, I really wanna get this second one up and going 'cause I know this would definitely take off. I've done my own research survey and this is definitely something that I know people will want. I can't wait to get to that next one.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I'm an avid sports fan and watching my programing, I would always notice InventHelp because of George Foreman. I invented something that I was gonna use at work and when it came time to think about how I would move forward with it, it brought me back to the commercial about George Foreman. I called my friends at InventHelp, then I went and followed them. It was so expensive though. I thought many times about inventing things, but to actually move on it, I didn't realize that it cost so much money for the process and to promote an idea like that. I'm not made of money. I'm just a working stiff like everybody else. Still, the representative was very informative, insightful, and took me along the steps good. He convinced me to move on with the program.

I went and somehow found the money and went into debt for it. I figured if the invention could help me in doing the job, there are other people that does the job that I do and there are people who would also think it could make their job a lot easier. We're not allowed a guarantee and the representative never guaranteed it'd be profitable, but in his opinion, he thought it was a good idea, which I thought so myself. All in all, I feel very good about InventHelp.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I've had very upbeat, positive, and professional interactions with InventHelp's reps. The overall service was good. They had done exactly what they said they would do. They didn’t promise me anything. They didn’t say my invention would get a patent. That’s understandable and I’m glad that they didn’t. No one wants false hope. They have sent the correspondence every time that they put my project out on their virtual tool. They’ve always sent me letters in reference to other companies, and if any responded or not. But a follow-up call in between those times to be sure something is still being done could possibly help as they have time in between those letters. And other than the information that is being sent out on their virtual tool, you don’t hear anything unless you take the initiative to call.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I was working with Michael and he could not have been a better representative to help me through the process. It was from 2016 to now, and he is always positive, helpful, encouraging, and thorough. I love him to death. The patent search was what we started with, and I did the mailer program. I started working my way up to where I put enough money into where I could continue forward, and then my cousin came on board and helped with some financial backing, and now, we are going through the patent process, the VIBE and the whole nine yards. My experience with them is fabulous. Everything is going according to plan. The patent attorney got in contact with me last week. I'm looking over the information that they sent me now. I expect to have my products. I should get a 3D rendering that that are via the VIBE expo in Las Vegas soon. I'm perfectly satisfied and 100% happy.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

InventHelp's rep was awesome. He talked to me whenever I had a question and gave me his cellphone number. It's very hard to catch up with me 'cause I'm always on the go. Still, he would text with me back and forth, answering my questions and made sure that I was comfortable with speaking with him. Prior to talking to him about any of my stuff, he wanted to make sure that he sent me a form to fill out saying it was okay to talk to him about it, even though I spoke to him previously. I loved the professionalism he had. We were able to really hit it off.

I had an idea and through conversation, InventHelp helped me formulate what my idea needed to look like. I had to write it out, draw a picture of it and write it down. Their rep asked what I think my idea would look like and how I thought it would be usable. Right now, I've paid my fees to get my invention listed on the different websites. I've been talking with the patent attorney as well. When InventHelp sent me all the packets, there were different phases I had to go through and currently I'm still locked in the eight-week phase. Still, I don't think anything's gonna happen overnight so I'm patient.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

Original review: May 27, 2020

I've learned a lot from my InventHelp rep. He made me aware of the risks and is helping guide me through the process. I'm happy with my decision to go with InventHelp, I realize that there's only so much they can do on their end. I think some people going into this have unrealistic expectations or just want someone to blame for their failure.

Original review: May 6, 2020

I actually talked to a couple other similar companies first, but they seemed to of "dodged" a lot of my questions. After speaking with the rep at InventHelp they answered all of my questions as to what they can help with and what they can't. They also let me know all the risks upfront, so I decided to move forward with them. Customer service has been top notch so far.

Original review: April 24, 2020

InventHelp was adamant about making sure I got exactly what I want and we went through some steps to get me what I want. They did a wonderful job on the design. Also, they made a picture for me and it was nice but it wasn't where I want it to be. I wanted the picture in the ditch because that's where it belongs. The guy finally got it in there but it wasn't the display that I wanted. I requested a change in the drafting on the picture and we haven't gotten that done yet. I sent them another packet in and I've been waiting for them to get back with me. They're doing a great job and I'm quite sure they're gonna take care of me.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I have worked with InventHelp on patenting my invention recently. They were very professional and I was happy with the service. Even during this rough time my InventHelp rep has remained in contact answering all of my questions and concerns.

Original review: March 31, 2020

When I first started working with InventHelp, I was new to this experience and wasn't sure what I could expect. Inventhelp and their customer services department has been very helpful and has updated me on their efforts and worked with me if I had questions or needed additional help. I am very pleased with my experience so far and I look forward to our continued relationship. Thank you.

InventHelp author review by Michael Nranian

Established in 1984, InventHelp assists inventors with submitting their inventions and product ideas to the industry. They help inventors package their ideas, provide a patent referral and then submit the ideas to companies who are looking for new products. Their patent referrals have resulted in over 9,000 patents.

• INPEX trade show: Every summer, InventHelp hosts The Invention & New Product Exposition, or INPEX, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. INPEX is the largest invention trade show in the country and it provides inventors a venue to exhibit their inventions and network with companies who are interested in licensing, manufacturing or marketing new products.

• Request free information: InventHelp sends free information about their services to interested inventors. Simply submit your name and email address to have free information sent to you.

• 3D prototype modeling package: Inventors who have new product ideas can benefit from InventHelp’s 3D prototype modeling package. This gives you a three-dimensional model of your invention that you can use to print out a prototype. Your printed model will not be functional, but it will give you an accurate representation of what you can expect from your current invention design.

• Find your local sales office: InventHelp has over 60 offices across the United States, Canada, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Australia. Find your nearest location to set up an appointment to discuss your invention.

• Patent information: InventHelp does not offer legal advice on patents and encourages their clients to seek legal advice for any patent-related questions. They do have a wealth of resources on patents for inventors to read so they can understand the basics of patents and what they need to do to patent their invention.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

InventHelp Company Information