Call toll free
3.92/5
Based on 224 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Our company was established in 1984. InventHelp employs more than 100 people at our headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, which include researchers, illustrators, writers as well as customer service representatives and other staff.

InventHelp maintains the largest network of regional sales offices of any similar firm: 60+ cities in the US, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

InventHelp has made its corporate headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for over thirty years. We can assist you in trying to submit your inventions or new product ideas to industry. We do not promise that you can obtain profits from our efforts. InventHelp can also refer you to an independent licensed patent attorney to provide a preliminary patent search and opinion. Based on the opinion, the attorney may then help prepare and file a US patent application for the idea with the US Patent and Trademark Office.

InventHelp Video
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

256 InventHelp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I've known about InventHelp for a long time and my interactions with their reps have all been positive. They've been really nice and interested in helping me. Signing up was easy. The experience has been exciting and I'm liking it.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

After I saw InventHelp's commercial with George Foreman when I was watching TV, I had an idea and I looked for their office. Their rep, Jeff, has been a good person and he’s been helping me and I’m very happy with his work. Any question and any doubt that I got, I just call him and he’s willing to help me and to advise me. This is my first project and I got a few more. I got a very good idea with cars and I wanna go ahead and do that one, but Jeff said we gotta do them one step at a time. Also, I wanna go ahead and finish this project because I wanna add some features to the idea that I got. I talked to Jeff and I told him I wanna make this idea better once we’ve patented it, but he tells me that we should wait a little bit. I’m satisfied and I’m really pleased with InventHelp.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My experience with InventHelp was great and they were so easy to work with. However, I did not understand what I was doing. Here in Orange County, Jim was my connection. Jim and co. did everything and I had gotten an excellent report back. He handed me this hardback book and on the front, it said, “InventHelp.” I thought it was the story of InventHelp and didn’t read it for five years.

Life went on for me and I have a lot of inventions now. One day, my husband asked why don’t I do the first invention so I went to get the book and opened it up. The whole thing was about my product, how great it was, that there's nothing like it on the planet and that if I develop it, InventHelp could recommend a person to sell it to. I had gotten all excited and I was gonna do it. It really took time and I ended up homeless, but I called InventHelp just recently and asked them for a copy.

I found someone quite by accident who was going to build it. She was a representative of Closet World. She was designing shelves and a closet for my house. I said that I know they're the designer and I asked if they manufacture. She said yes. I said I have a product I invented and showed her that book. She said they could do that and that she'll take the book to Closet World. I gave her the book and she disappeared. I think she wants to steal my product because I called Closet World and she doesn’t work there anymore. She doesn’t realize I have the original contract with InventHelp. She may try, but I have the real thing. Meanwhile, I'm moving ahead and developing, and I have a contractor who has been helping me build it and get it out there. Recently, I was invited to go to Daymond John’s team to develop my product.

I want that product developed and out there marketed. InventHelp said that if I can bring the cost under $140, I could sell for $600, which is a nice profit. I've modified it and I can make it under that. Also, I wrote to InventHelp and said to please put the name of the product of whoever was inventing something on the front of the book so that the inventor would realize that it was about them, not InventHelp. This company has been the best.

No response received
Original review: July 19, 2018

We have been with InventHelp for about 18 months. We have not seen any results and we are not even sure if they are trying to have our invention picked up by a company. They asked me to do a commercial with George Foreman. They wanted me to go on T.V. saying how they have helped me with my invention. Well that would be a lie. So of course I did not do it. My experience overall has not been positive and think that it’s a waste of money.

No response received
Original review: June 28, 2018

We met with a man at InventHelp in Houston, Texas. The building had seen better days. The office looked like it was just moved into very quickly without unpacking. It was dark, dirty and very unnerving. I automatically did not trust these people. The man we met with wanted very detailed descriptions of our invention, in writing. He wanted my husband to fill out an invention description, including a drawing. This man also took notes as my husband told him about the invention. RED FLAG! We did not fill this out. A few months later my husband invention is now in use. STOLEN BY INVENTHELP, HOUSTON, TEXAS. Do not get let these crooks screw you in the **, because they will.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventHelp?

No response received
Original review: June 12, 2018

I must say this is the most disappointed I have ever been in a company. I paid 730$ for something that looks like it was written by a middle school C average student. I am embarrassed to even show my book to anyone. Please don’t get scammed. Find your own way. They are a waste of time and don’t tell you about the final fee till after you waste your money already.

Resolution response: June 16, 2018

The company has a quick response for my complaint and they found out what is the problem and they fix it in a very professional way. My recommendation is take your time with the sales rep and understand what they are offer and how can they help you, It is a good start if you don't know from where you start from.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I started with this company in December 2016, first the sales person he will not give you an accurate information, he will try to attract you and get you money. When he success to get the first 1000$, and make a nice book for your patent, then he will convince you to go to phase 2 to get your $12000. Then you will start follow up with them. Every time you will speak with different person, no one responsible to your project. They just give you some information to calm down and you don’t feel your money is gone!!! In the end you will pay over $13000 for work not worth $1000.

Resolution response: June 9, 2018

I did get a call from corporate to resolve the initial complaint in contract.

Original review: June 4, 2018

This company did not even meet their responsibilities in the initial 2 year contract. I did get an attorney involved but decided the contract was almost up so I would deal with it until May. I expressed written consent that I no longer wished to use their services and did not want to renew my contract as instructed in the initial contract. I hate when companies make you jump through hoops in order to keep from renewing but I did so and yet they are still charging me. This company was the worst thing that ever happened. I suggest if anyone ever wants to patent an idea to just go directly to a patent attorney.

Resolution response: May 30, 2018

They provided me with a 5 star service.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I interviewed at the Boca Raton office and presented one of my seven different inventions, after a few weeks of back and forward E.mails and phone calls I gave in and paid them $890 to start the process. Little did I know I was being robbed by these delinquents, CROOKS, CONVICTED FELONS, WRONGDOER, CRIMINALS at the Boca Raton office. They just robbed me of my hard earn money and never did anything regarding my invention. I contacted the office of the general counsel in Washington DC to repost InventHelp, but, could not get the right person. DO NOT do any business with them anywhere in the USA, they are all the same. Your invention will not make it out their offices. They are just going to steal your hard earn money like they did to me.

Then after I wrote a Google review on InventHelp, some lady from their office called me and asked me to take my review out. I said I will do it if I get a full refund of my money. She said InventHelp will send me a letter on the mail stating my conversation I had with the lady representative of InventHelp for me to sign it and send it back and I will get a full refund of my money. That was about 4 months ago and I have not heard anything back from InventHelp. DO NOT MAKE the same mistake I made, They will steal your money just like they did to me and hundreds of other inventors that have not complaint about InventHelp stealing their money.

Look their names up. They all have been convicted of different crimes.

Resolution response: June 9, 2018

On 2015 I started my journey with my invent with the help of Aaron ** (from InventHelp). This company help me to make the first steps on investigations about my invention and tell me about the packages that they have to help me to get my patent and post my invention on different invention fairs. Of course the packages have different prices but the company has affordable payment plans for your convenience. Two year later with their assistance I will get my patent soon. They have an excellent customer service, they always return my calls and try to resolve any issue with respect and consideration. They have an incredible staff.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On 2015 I give to InventHelp $5000. Then I was paying $289.21 every single month until I realized that this organization was doing NOTHING for my invent and actually the Attorney that they designed to process my Patent was asking me for the fees of the UNITED STATE PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE and other cost. At the end of 2016 I couldn't continued making the payments and they just was calling me for payment request but never for result of any managing of my idea.

After two year send to the attorney money every single time that they asking for just one payment was late and they sent me a Notice of abandonment. And today the big question is: about the $5000 plus of the payments of $289.21 monthly, where did the money go??? Please don't let they trick you. You can do it for yourself. Just call the USPTO direct Toll-Free: 800-786-9199. or visit www.uspto.gov. Is free and they can help you better. Patent your product for yourself and them looking for a marketing company that help you.

Original review: April 19, 2018

We’ve met face-to-face with Jim and Carol from InventHelp here in the Seattle office and they were brilliant. I first met them the first week of October and with them in sales, I cannot fault their enthusiasm, friendliness and helpfulness. They have been amazing and really good. I've had to get in contact with InventHelp a few times when we were getting our initial paperwork and video done. It seems that they needed to actually speak to somebody and describe the invention to them so they can get the final draft down, the paperwork and video that was needed. I’m very happy with the experience but I don't think they’re following up on things that they were supposed to follow up on, and it seems to be taking a little bit too long. Still, I would tell others to give InventHelp a shot. It's extremely expensive to do it, but if they've got something worthwhile and they're very passionate about their invention, then they should go for it.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My partner and I did some research then investigated InventHelp and decided to go with them. The rep was a sweetheart to work with. She answered the questions that we had and if she didn't have the answers, she would find them for us. Every time we called her and she was out, she'd call right back too and it's been good.

We've had a great experience with InventHelp. It cost more money than I thought it was going to, but we've got everything up and running. It's a window box for cats where they go in and it's like a little condo for them. We've already got the video that they sent us of the cat box and we're waiting on the on the prototype now. We got this guy that's working and the next step is to go to all these trade shows, and I'm excited to get somebody that's interested in it and to go forward. We've been working on this project for a couple of years already and we'd like to really start making some money if we could. But everything seems to work fine with InventHelp and we had no problems. Additionally, we have another invention that we're going to be working on with InventHelp in the near future.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been accessing InventHelp’s website for the last 15 years and my experience with them has been great so far. I submitted my invention in November last year and it has been established and accepted. The draft has been adopted and the information has been sent out to various manufacturers. They gave me an account number to call. They also called me and let me know the process. They sent me a letter on all the processes and how far the processes were gonna take. Toni, my rep, also called all the prospective investors. What's neat about it was when you send your information to the lawyers, they'll tell you more or less if it's going to become looked at, acceptable, and out in the market. If it's not, they tell you. So it's not like you're spending your bills or wasting your money. I took too long to forward my invention. I wish I did it earlier.

If my friends ask about InventHelp, I would tell them to do their research and make sure they go to the correct organization. Also, not to go ahead and do it on their own because it takes a lot of time. I tried to go to the patent company and they give you so much information. You also gotta go visiting and see the manufacturer development. It took too much of my time and I don't have that. Also, I'm not a rich man to be able to do that. And that's what InventHelp does. They go ahead and they do all that research for you because they've been at it for the last 30 years.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: April 6, 2018

I tried seeking out the advice from IH years ago when they were in LV, NV over an invention/idea I had for a commercial product. I was in LA, CA at the time and drove out to LV during some time off. Spoke with a salesman and he gave me the same sales pitch everyone else seems to still receive. "Great Idea", "very marketable", etc. etc. After the sales pitch, he wanted a downpayment for a PS. Close to $600.00 in 1982 money! I asked him at the end of the meeting how many actual items/products they had developed and or produced. He gave me a little pamphlet with some ridiculous, cheap products!

At that point, I felt the "scam jam" coming so I thanked him for his time and left without dropping a dime. Years have past and I have a new idea and came across IH again and laughed that they were still around and using the same "business model" they used on me after reading the comments section. George Foreman? What the heck does he care about you or your ideas. He gets paid every time his face appears on tv!!! Personally, I would find another firm or go it alone. There are some agencies that really do give expert advice on the web also. Oh yeah, about 3-4 years after they had seen my idea, the same exact thing popped up on a popular catalog website! Good Luck!

Resolution response: April 25, 2018

I was contacted by Invent Help following my review, and I was pleasantly surprised by their fantastic and professional response to help resolve my issue with them. Very classy to say the least. Because my original contract was initiated in 2013, new and updated marketing strategies and techniques have been incorporated, which were not yet available in prior years. Much more high tech marketing and trade show exposure than anything offered prior. So while my contract is officially past its time frame, Invent Help stepped up to work with me for future marketing and continued exposure, to help resolve the feelings I had with their Customer Service department and the experiences I had with them. Also, their Customer Service reps are also being made of my situation and past concerns, so that ALL clients of Invent Help will benefit in the future. Again, great response by Invent Help and I am completely satisfied with their new efforts on my behalf. Great job Invent Help!!!!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I have read many of the reviews by fellow consumers, and after the initial $10,000 you spend plus the $1000 for the patent search, it takes 12 to 15 months to go through their process. They do a review of how many corporations are involved in the area of your idea, who could be potential buyers or partners. My idea had potentially several hundred groups who could be buyers or partners, so all good so far. Once they "create" your profile, it really does seem like forever to get things going to the point of introduction to groups...again, 12 to 15 months or so. In the meantime, you call their customer service department for updates, and they do call you every 3 to 4 months to update you. Again, this is a 12 month process once they get everything ready to put you on their webpage and get your idea trade show ready, so be prepared for not a lot of anything for you to do in that time frame, but wait and wait and wait...

My biggest complaint lies in the fact that if you have as in my case, let's say 500 potential groups to target, they only send your idea to very small batches of groups (50 to 60 at a time on average) and then you wait... Then they wait another 3 months or so, and send out another 50 to 60 teasers...and then you wait another 3 months or more. In the months between waiting for these submissions to hit with any positive responses, unless a group does respond to I.H. with any interest lever, that's pretty much it. I CALLED customer service probably 100 times over the 3 year period of the contract, asking them to send more teasers out AND more often, and was told that they usually send new batches out every 6 months now, as they do not want to crowd or overwhelm the groups. Listen, when you drop $10,000+ you expect action and results.

After the 12 months expire, and they still have 2 years to go to fulfill the contract, you pretty much have to beg the customer service reps to keep working for you, and send out more email packages to more of the leads from the original marketing targets leads. And then they still tell you, "We will send out another batch in the next 6 weeks." You have to stay on top of these people and push them hard to do their jobs, almost to the point of being threatening. How hard is it to do a quick batch sort, and organize a email blast out to 50 or 500 target leads at a time, via computer?

Maybe the reps did not want to ruin their new nail color on the keyboard, but honestly, as you NEVER hear directly from your assigned case agent and ONLY work through customer service, you are at their mercy through the entire process. And I would rate them a 2 on a scale of 1 to be 10. Again, pretty terrible experience, as you always felt like you really had to kiss ass to get them to do anything. The initial local rep did his job, got the process started and made his commission. Once he turns the process over to Corporate in Pittsburgh, he is out of the process completely. Do not call him, call Corporate. That is how it works. The rep is the initial gatekeeper broker, and that's it.

On a scale 1 to 10 rating my experience with I.H., I would give them a 2 or maybe a 3. Not a good experience in terms of the money spent or the poor results received. Would I hire them again, NOT a chance. Probably wasted $9000 that could have been better invested doing the work myself. Buyer Beware. InventHelp is great at marketing with George Foreman and getting new clients, but I would never waste my money with them again or recommend anyone use them in the future. My 3 year contract has now expired, and I am moving on. Very disappointed I choose InventHelp.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have very positive experience with InventHelp. When I came up with my tool invention, I was looking for patenting it and marketing. One night, I had seen InventHelp commercial with a cave man working on the stone wheel, and I thought, I give it a try. Next week, I approached closest InventHelp office, talked with their service, and filled out application with one of their packages. I had my prototype made and tested myself, so I knew it would work. I just needed a patent and marketing, and that is exactly what they provided for me. I received my patent after two years, but licensing took much longer, over three years. My patience has been tested to the limits, but trust me, it was all worth it.

I successfully obtained licensing agreement with large manufacturing company, and in a year my tool was sold worldwide on Amazon and other websites. It was a great feeling seeing my product selling well. But mostly, I really enjoy reading great reviews of customers and their appreciation for my tool, that works so well for them. For those who write disappointing reviews blaming InventHelp for not being effective, I do not think they are right. It is not up to InventHelp to make decision on licensing individual idea, they just present the products during their shows to the manufacturers, businesses and others. If product is attractive to them, and they see potential, then is more likely to be finalized with the licensing agreement.

It is a long and complex process, and there is no guaranty of success. I hope, my simplified success story and experience with InventHelp will help you in better understanding the whole process, and will motivate average inventor in making a right decision. Overall, I think, If you strongly believe in your invention, and if you have plenty of patience, you will succeed.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My wife came up with an idea for a new product. She met with InventHelp rep and he was a really nice and professional guy that did his job, promised her launching the product, taking it to trade shows etc. Communication in the beginning was great, they created a project on the paper etc. Then nothing happens, they initially said it takes about 12 months for them to market your product invention and that's when there should be a lot of interest. Nothing ever happened and when we tried to contact them at this point they would hang up on us when we tried to questioned them.

Please see all the other reviews, the positive ones are only the ones where people say "I met with a rep, he was great, very nice environment etc..." Nothing from anyone who was actually successful doing business with them, just new people who just signed up with them. The negatives are from people who had a prolonged experience with them and learnt after a year or more that this is a scam. Please contact me at ** or my wife at **. We have an attorney that will represent us along with others in a class action lawsuit. If you had similar experience with InventHelp please let us know and we will include you in our fight against them.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Dont spend your 10,000 with this company. The customer service does not know anything. They are just sending bull crap. My 10 year old came up with an invention. It's been about two years nothing but paper with names. That's all. Please dont do it. Rip off. I am going to stop paying them 239.00 a month. Tell everybody you know. Do not spend your money with them. A ripoff.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

So far the experience I had with InventHelp is good. All the reps that I've met there were very nice. They asked me the question and I gave them the answer. Their services are very good. I would recommend InventHelp to others since they've been doing this a long time.

Resolution response: April 12, 2018

A manager named Clint had reached out to me and ensured me that he would find me a rep that would be on top of things, So He had Jason call me. we have talked on a few different occasions and now they are waiting on me to get them the information needed to get this process rolling. So At this point I'm giving Inventhelp 5 stars for reaching out and getting me in touch with somebody who wants to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have been trying to get a hold of somebody to discuss their program. When calling the main number I am able to reach somebody who tells me they will have somebody contact me. I have filled out the request online on several occasions. Made multiple calls to the Seattle and the Boise office as well as a local number in the Spokane area which I believe that office no longer exist.

I have read through some of the reviews which all seem to be positive but at this moment I am totally dissatisfied with their return call policy or should I say lack of... Absolutely no customer service. I did read where someone has had a similar experience as me but once they did make contact was please with the process. I hope my experience turns out the same way. We will see.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I ask anyone who reads this review, please do not do the mistake I did. Don't waste your money with InventHelp, I lost $10,000 with them. They talk you into the deal and they do not do anything, I had a really good Invention and they didn't do anything about it, except for taking a lot of money, it’s over 2 years now and nothing! No prototype, no phone calls! I will fight them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

The rep at InventHelp was very energetic, informative, and passionate about his work. The process was easy and so far, my experience has been good and memorable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

InventHelp starts off by not guaranteeing any income or monetary income for your invention. Your inventions is yours and it should be loved by you foremost. So, what's the reason for hiring them? Well, for me it was a couple of good reasons. First of all I am very creative, but I can't draw or design very well. They came through and helped me design my product. Second of all, I don't know lawyers and how to draw special materials for the patent office. Each and every function of my invention had a number done and presented to USPO. The lawyer they recommended was very good. I am hopeful that all our efforts will work out. I treat them as my partners, they help you all the way but you can't be selfish and demanding because all good things take time and effort. With my InventHelpers hopefully people will enjoy the product we are working on!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I've been working on my invention for about seven years and I had started to go with a different company but I found out that this company was not doing anything with people’s ideas. I put on hold my partnership with this company for a few years then I saw InventHelp's TV commercial again. I called them then they became my partners. Their representative was very professional, polite and courteous. I have a crazy schedule where I get home at about 3:00 in the morning and don’t get much sleep, and the representative tried to get my appointments where I could get sleep. He worked with me. Hopefully, we can get a manufacturer.

Everything went good with Inventhelp. I'm very satisfied with their service and they explained everything. Right after this project I'm currently working with them, I'm going to partner with them again in the other invention I have. I heard online though that there were people who got dissatisfied with Inventhelp. These people say that Inventhelp told them that what they were doing didn't have a patent then all of a sudden, it was found out that their idea was patented, and that their idea was great but it didn’t really go good. Inventhelp never told me all that but they have been very honest with me. They specified over and over that it's up to the public whether they like my idea or not and that that there is no guarantee that what I’m patenting will fail. I love InventHelp. They've been very good for me and let me do the payment plan. They are really with me and they bend over backwards.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

I searched George Foreman online after my friend told me about it and found out about InventHelp. I started calling them to find out to try to find out who they were, what they do, and how they were going to help me with my idea. And so far, so good. I told the rep about my idea and he told me that they were not going to promise me anything but were going to do everything for me. He also told me that everything must go through the process. InventHelp's people were nice and respectful. When I go there, I feel comfortable like I'm going to my family. They don't lie and they show me the research. They told me that the research was going to be finished and they did, after a month and a half. Then, when I came back, they gave me another lease and I signed it.

Resolution response: Dec. 6, 2017

Retract my previous statement. Was finally put into contact with a sales representative who was extremely informative and helpful. He took the time to ensure I knew which way I wanted to proceed with my invention idea, and gave me multiple options in which to pursue it. The representative also gave ensured to walk me through all of the paperwork necessary to make our meeting as confidential as possible, along with making sure that I was prepared to take the next step in the inventing process. Looking forward to continue working with InventHelp!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Worst experience with a company you could imagine. Signed up for their “free information”. Received a call the next day which I couldn’t answer due to work. Attempted to return phone call for over two weeks with one return phone call. Called customer service requesting a number for a representative who gave me a number for the same customer service line I just called. Wouldn’t trust this company for anything. Pay the money, and go somewhere else!!!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

We contacted InventHelp and a gentleman named Aaron, attended and help us to get started. He was very friendly and informative, he helped us make that leap of faith. Through InventHelp we met others in the Client Services Dept. that were as friendly, like Maura **, and Leann **, company representatives as well as others in that whole department that are just as friendly. Any and all changes that were made were without complication. These representatives kept in touch with me through this step of the journey. I have other steps to take in this journey and I feel like I did make the right choice in choosing InventHelp.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I have been a consumer for more than 60 years! I have been in sales for more than 35 years. I tend to intimidate insecure, shady so call professionals. I don't do this in a mean-spirited manner, and certainly without disrespectful language. I simply interview my prospected professional before I hire them. If I know more than they do about the subject matter they do not get my business! If I ask them to verify or qualify an answer to my questions and they become defensive or evasive, I pursue the questioning until I am satisfied that they are either insecure, nervous, shady, a fake, or a liar. If they are just insecure and nervous; in my judgment and not a liar I try to establish a common portal of communication so that we can accomplish the mission at hand if possible.

If they are shady, a fake, or a liar; I expose them with their own words with undisputable methods, and politely excuse myself from their presences. I am Please to say that so far InventHelp has passed my initial interview and I have contracted with InventHelp and their team to bring my invention legally and profitable to fruition! I am very pleased as the mission at hand continues. There were a few glitches and InventHelp and their team quickly help me to understand how the glitches will be rectified. They have been punctual, and I am well pleased so far.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I enjoyed my experience with InventHelp very much. Nice bunch of people. The rep I dealt with, Robert, was on point, lets me know what I was doing and made me feel comfortable. Held my hands through the whole thing and I didn't feel like I'm just going to be ripped off. I've been to a couple of other invent companies and you'd never know what they're saying is true. I took the chance with him and with the company because he did a good job in explaining everything and showing me what's going to happen. I'm completely satisfied and prepared.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

InventHelp has been very responsive and really helpful. A live person spoke with me when I called and they scheduled a meeting quickly. Their representative made me feel like I was his only client and I felt a connection with them. He knew about the companies and didn't give me false facts. He was knowledgeable and was able to speak my language. Plus, he's honest about the process. He made me feel like InventHelp does not make their money off getting my initiation fee and that our successes are aligned.

InventHelp expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Established in 1984, InventHelp assists inventors with submitting their inventions and product ideas to the industry. They help inventors package their ideas, provide a patent referral and then submit the ideas to companies who are looking for new products. Their patent referrals have resulted in over 9,000 patents.

• INPEX trade show: Every summer, InventHelp hosts The Invention & New Product Exposition, or INPEX, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. INPEX is the largest invention trade show in the country and it provides inventors a venue to exhibit their inventions and network with companies who are interested in licensing, manufacturing or marketing new products.

• Request free information: InventHelp sends free information about their services to interested inventors. Simply submit your name and email address to have free information sent to you.

• 3D prototype modeling package: Inventors who have new product ideas can benefit from InventHelp’s 3D prototype modeling package. This gives you a three-dimensional model of your invention that you can use to print out a prototype. Your printed model will not be functional, but it will give you an accurate representation of what you can expect from your current invention design.

• Find your local sales office: InventHelp has over 60 offices across the United States, Canada, Germany, Korea, the United Kingdom and Australia. Find your nearest location to set up an appointment to discuss your invention.

• Patent information: InventHelp does not offer legal advice on patents and encourages their clients to seek legal advice for any patent-related questions. They do have a wealth of resources on patents for inventors to read so they can understand the basics of patents and what they need to do to patent their invention.

• Best for: people who have an idea for an invention and people who have invented a design.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs