Call toll free
4.51/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1698 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: March 24, 2019

Davison are still ripping people off. You are a mug if you send them money and your invention. What's stopping them saying your idea good idea and making it them selfs. They are smooth talker. I lost my money. They are con merchant. I lost 10 thousands + dollars. Be warned.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I got led on how great my idea is and that Davison can help me bring it life. First I had to pay $795 fee to lock idea in according to Angelo. After he got money from my credit card he passed me over to another guy Jason ** whom as well was so-called in to my idea. After sending me videos in inspire me of how great the company is, in order to move forward I needed to pay Davison a total of $10,000. Was offered that I can choose my payments and they will work with me to pay it off. Why was I told it’s a go after the first fee then told I need pay another much greater fee to continue? I was also told by Jason that even though you pay off the $10,000 it’s No guarantee your product will sell.

So then, what’s the two fees for? Since I will not be able to pay such a large amount I’m out but still Davison has my idea that Davison can forward on without Me! I knew there was a catch when I was told I will get 90% of my idea's sales. So I was mislead, took a loss of $690 and gave Davison an idea to very possibly Bank on. RW was going to be a Man's wallet. One similar to female's wallet yet made for a Man. Men do not have wallets out there with organized space, a bigger zipper pocket for coins and that’s why We Men walk around with a fat Ball in our pockets...because everything we need or want in our wallet stuffed within these little, unorganized wallets that’s out there for Men. You got $10,000!!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

Hi my wife and I called Davison with an idea and had no money. David ** has been working with us for almost a year making payments and giving us a chance to get our invention out there. What a great guy and awesome company. They will help you get your idea wherever you need it to go. We recommend Davison Inventions to everyone that needs help with their inventions. Thank You, David ** & Krystal **.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Very first call from Joseph ** ended the second I answered the phone, said, "Good morning Joseph," and informed him that the call was being recorded. He said he could not continue with the call being recorded. 'Nuff said?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I submitted my idea and received a call very early in the morning but when I tried to return the call it went straight to voicemail. I also tried to reply to emails and still no response. I believe they are stealing people's ideas for their own personal gain.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

You pay $700 upfront for processing, and part of that covers a "patent search", which I never quite understood. I already had a patent. Of course, my product is WONDERFUL, and they want to go ahead with it. When I originally signed on with them, sales told me that they would handle financing from then on. Not true. Once they "approved" of my product, they wanted another $15-20,000 to put together something to present to companies. I pulled the plug.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I want to thank Adam, for helping me get my project started, and Davison for helping out with my idea, awesome company and awesome staff. I’m so excited for getting this far, with the help of Davison, once again thank you.

Davison response

Awesome review! Thank you, David!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Pleasant interaction; however, I have insufficient data at this time to ascertain whether anything will transpire. Enjoyed the videos, the CBS information, and the concept of Inventionland. However, I still have insufficient data to determine how it will affect me specifically.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

So far it has been a terrific company to work with. I'm new to this, yet Mike has walked me throughout the programme. I'm delighted to have chosen the Davison group. I contacted other companies in this field, when comparing each one, it was the Davison hands down.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Jamie and Ed have both kept me informed about my invention and the process. Thank you so very much guys for keeping me in the loop. And the encouragement has been wonderful. Thanks to you too Mr Davison for choosing my Aqua Paws idea.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I would like to thank everyone on board that works for Davison facility. A great big hug for accepting my idea, regarding my doggy door curtains. I totally realize that I am not saying or talking to anybody regarding my idea, except for the Davison family, so thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We have only just started working with Davison on our project. Kaylee has been very helpful and enthusiastic about our idea. So far it had be very informational and we look forward to working with the Davison company on our idea.

Davison response

Wonderful to hear, Byron!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Haven't got too far into my project yet, but I can say that so far I have no complaints in any area of service. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. The people at Davison are great. Make me feel like I've known them my whole life. I can't wait to get more into this project. I also have ideas for the future & I promise I wouldn't go anywhere else but Davison.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

So far I have enjoyed my experience. I can't wait to get to the next stage in the process. I've enjoyed my talks with Mike **. I like the secured confidentiality agreement screen I signed at the beginning of this process. Thanks a lot Davison.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My initial contact, David **, was very helpful in explaining the process. David was enthusiastic about my project and helped to raise my hopes that we [could] be successful. Today's scheduled meeting with my assigned VP, Jeffrey Sawyer was more boilerplate and not what I expected. However, I am looking forward to our phone meeting next Monday where I'm hopeful that more information about my specific project will be discussed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I very satisfied. Ryan is very informative and explanatory and follows up each week. I learning new things each week about the steps to bringing an invention to life. Very grateful for all the help and for this company and for the help that Ryan ** is giving me to help me understand the process.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I am in the pre-development phase with Davison. We have had one telephone meeting. I am looking forward to see what research and development occurs with my idea. The level of communication has been good thus far. I look forward to continuing the relationship. Excited to progress!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have only good comments regarding my experience with Davison. It is very early in our relationship, Ms. Kaylee ** has been very helpful, respectful and professional. I just met John over the phone minutes ago, he has a very positive, strong and capable phone presence. I'm looking forward to working with Davison to help so many people. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Mr ** has been very helpful in answering any and all questions that I have had. He even took a call from me over the weekend. All in all my experience has been outstanding. I will thank Mr. ** myself on our phone call today. Thank you all.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Comparable Hair Dryer - I thank Davison for being patient with me. I must admit it took a while and I finally could go on to the next step. Thank you for getting me there and thank you for the deduction. I am ready for the next step.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Darren has been friendly, easy to talk to, he listens to what I have to say. Darren answer all my questions, in a manner that I can understand, his feedback is very helpful. Darren has followed through with everything he said he would do. In short I like working with Darren.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've been extremely impressed with Davison invention. I feel totally confident that I chose the right organization to bring out the best in my ideas. I'm totally pleased with the staff and the person managing my account Miss Lindsay **. She's been very helpful very patient and very consistent. So far I've had the great experience leading up to pre-development.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

It has taken me so long to get this going. I want to thank you for your patience. I'm very happy to get the belly vac up and on the way to help people. I'm so looking forward to getting belly vac on the market! I can't wait to find out the next step. Thank you all! Here's to making this happen!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Very polite, informative and professional, I would recommend Davison to a friend. If I have any more ideas, I will definitely contact Davison to get my idea out there and seen. I’m happy with my decision to work with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My experience so far has been great! I certainly look forward to seeing my idea come to its fruition. Jeff has been very patient and concerned with me in this journey. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I will definitely recommend to friends and family. Davison always keep me informed about all that's with the company and if I had any other ideas of my idea that's being created. I struggle a little on the way but Davison were very patient and understanding. I think that Davison company is the number one spot to get an idea of yours out in the future... and I also wanna shout out and say THANK YOU MR. **!!??

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Edward has been patience and understanding, while I paid my money on my invention, also very encouraging. I would always choose to work with him, and only him. He has not pushed, but let me move at a pace that I have been comfortable with, and for that I am thankful, he is truly a treasure.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

This is the best thing that ever happened to me when I got with y'all. Paul is a great. Guy. Thank you all. I am glad to be a part of the Davison family. I know I will be taking care of to the best way. I hope me and Paul can work on Many more things.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I appreciate the opportunity to slowly... pay on Predevelopment fee since I had major financial changes in my family. I quit work to help my mother get out of nursing home for her care to be provided by me in her home. The coupon just offered for use before the year ends helped me pay off the balance sooner.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Of course, still thanking you for your patience in my payment for services. Times call for understanding that good things take time and care. Looking forward to working with the staff. I've always been under the impression that quality products makes life better. If I will used the products there is a good chance everybody will as well and if the price is right the deal sell itself.

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs