Call toll free
3.20/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

Davison Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I've been working with Davison since the beginning of this year. Initially started with Rachel who is project manager. We would schedule calls in the am right before work. Rachel is pure caffeine and I love it! Because I can't live without coffee. You need someone positive, energetic and supportive with your product to get you even more excited. She told me everything as it is and I really liked that about her. I am now dealing with Gary, VP of project management and who's excitement is exceeding Rachel. Anyone that has ever worked in sales, has to know the excitement is what makes the sale. I have 30 plus yrs of retail management/ buyer experience and they are the ones I would want working for me.

I strongly believe in my idea and yes I have paid Davidson to proceed. I want to understand how some of these reviews would expect guaranteed success on a product they are bringing to life without paying anything at all. That would mean Davison would be paying for everything with the hopes that you will have a hit at retaining 10% of profits, Seems kinda silly. This is definitely a gamble but blaming them because your product wasn't a success is ridiculous. I plan on being an active participant on getting my invention out there. I would only be upset at my calls being ignored, not getting immediate answers to my questions and the complete transparent honesty. Try hiring a graphic designer, sketch artist, patent attorney, product developer and see how much that will cost. MM

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

As a disabled man with time on his hands, I had seen a commercial on T.V. about invention help. I took my idea to a company I had never had any relation with. This company was Davison. Their representatives contacted me and contracts were signed. They seem very professional with a crazy fun atmosphere in which to apply their skills. Videos were sent to me as well as pictures that proved their capabilities with other projects. They are currently working on my idea and although I have yet to see my/our results, I believe in them! I can't wait for the final product and its ability to make money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

So far, I have been treated very respectfully. I have tried to present my idea with other companies but they were unwilling to help me. I had asked one to send me the terms before proceeding and I was told to come up with money first. When I first was in contact with you I was told I would receive it before I even asked. Ryan has been great and I appreciate that. I really do hope to eventually meet with the people who take my idea. I am not one who will make a bad impression for you. I am looking forward to getting things going. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am thankful to Mr. Jamie **. He reached out to me by telephone in January of this year, to inquire about the status of my account. I told him that I believed in my project. However, I didn't have the funds necessary for getting the project funded. He encouraged me to take one step at a time until I finally got through the first step. I will forever be so grateful to him. And I am especially thankful to God and I believe with God and Davison will continue to help me get through this entire journey.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had a fun experience with this opportunity and the very best help through the entire process. The incentives off helped me a lot to get it finished paid for. I hope that the design and development team have fun with making this dream come true for me. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to have something developed and don't know how to do it. Thanks again to all the staff and their help getting my dream off the ground.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

What a bad joke this company is. I am disabled and had to get a loan to get this invention off the ground. I have working for years with Davison, for the past 8 months I have not heard a word from them and won't return my calls. Last time we talked they wanted another $6,000 on top of the $12,000 that I already gave them. Don't trust them, they sell you a good game but it's a lie. I am on the hook for $620 a month loan payment for 10 years. I can't stress enough to RUN from this company.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Keep getting referred to someone else trying to get my money back. They did NOTHING. I gave them 3 thousand to grow my food idea which they said they loved. My mother and went there in person and she did not like the place. She is 83. I should have believed her. They won't give my money back.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Got me for over 10,000 dollars. Do not believe a word they say. Over four years they made promises, so that I would keep paying. It was all lies. They need to be thrown in prison! They are nothing but scam artists, preying on the vulnerable.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

It was very exciting when I contacted Davison with an invention idea about two years ago. My project manager was relentless and persuasive in getting my "product to the market". He will e-mail/call me constantly to ensure that funds are deposited into their account. Davison has well-trained professional con masters; skilled in their tactical approach and well-versed in the practice of deception over years. I was bamboozled into believing that my product will hit the market. I discovered the hidden truth about this company after spending over $2000 for pre-development and product design. They blatantly refused to give me any refund. The aim of my project manager was to turn my idea into more cash in Davison's account. I contacted BBB, to no avail. Beware of this company, be warned.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Sales rep Janine ** called after a 5 day wait for a response. When I tried to ask questions as she spoke I was cut off repeatedly. When I repeated the attempt a third time to ask a question, I was told I was "completely wrong and don't know what I am talking about". The question I had wasn't even finished before I got this answer, and I have asked the question with two different patent attorneys since that both agreed on my comment leading to the question and the meaningfulness of my question. My share is to let you know it was a poor experience by this rep, presumably guided by pressure sales that lead to very rude behavior.

Davison.com expert review by Michael Nranian

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

Davison Company Information