1.98/5
  • 1 star
Based on 38 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

C-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

1366 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

I first thought that just maybe this was a reputable company like everyone else. I was sucked into their upfront successful look and almost professional company. Then I started looking around and hearing others that were themselves duped into starting a contract which I should have known was not on the up and up. After investing a mere 200.00 into the company I confronted my counselor about the bad reviews and the investigations, not only did he not deny that this company was investigated but when I respectfully asked for a refund of the 200.00 was told it was his fee costs even though I was told up front that nothing was to start with the contract until after I paid the full 750.00 then and only then would everything get going on my idea.

So I am stating to anyone who is looking to start a Deal with Davison inventions to first look up these and all investigations FIRST before starting any contract as you will never gain back anything you invested. And I am sure they prey on new inventors to first gain their ideas then refuse their contracts so they will be able to make a prototype of any new idea and sell it as their own. Nice little scam.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Okey it was a li'l over a year ago when Jack ** contacted me and asked me if I was still interested in doing my idea with them, I said yes, Jack said OK great, he then stated that it would cost no more than 700 and 95 dollars and I said, "OK. Well I'm gonna have to make payments on that," he said OK, well long story short I got the money paid and then some and he never sent me proof of anything being done on my idea, nothing adequate enough for me to be satisfied that he was even doing anything with my idea. I've asked to speak to the founder of Davison Corp. George Davison and all I got was sent to another person time and time again, well they scammed me out of 12 hundred dollars total...

I am putting Davison corporation on notice because they not only stole from me, they stole from God also, God does not take it very lightly when people steal from his people such as myself. I am encouraging anyone that knows how to go before the throne of God and start praying for this company to be shut down completely before Satan uses them to scam other people... Oh and I do wanna add when I was giving them the money I gave them I did it as a homeless person, so I gave when I didn't have nothing but a tent and some clothes to get by with, thank you and God bless everyone that helps me start this prayer chain against these criminals...

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Hello. My name is Mark ** and I am from Hampton Virginia. I was recently in the internet and I was on Facebook and somehow I got involved in answering some questions on a invention idea I have and I have some minor details and submitted it and around a week later I get a telephone call from a man who worked for Davison who says he is interested in my idea that his company's objective was to make sure the best and biggest companies will get ahold of my idea and he was very trustworthy and he was going to send me a video to watch that had his boss on a show explaining how they help so many people bring their inventions to life, blah blah blah.

Well I put this guy off and told him to call me back later on around 6:30 PM. Well sure enough he called me back right on time but I had blocked his number already, however the way my cell phone works is I cannot hear text messages or the phone ring but they are added to a blacklist and he left a detailed voicemail message. So I did what I always do and typed in the name of his company and immediately following the same I put scam report and wouldn't you know it? I clicked on the link that brought me here to this website where I have seen all of these complaints from innocent hard working people that this S.O.B. has robbed for their money and a whole lot of it!

Right now, even though I caught it before they had a chance to take me to the cleaners, but I am sry furious and outraged. My heart reaches out to each and every person who was a victim to this demon. I want to ask as many people who are willing to listen to put forth some effort and put a end to this maniacs scamming once and for all. What they are doing is accepting money under false pretenses.

If everyone were to pull together and file a complaints with the Better Business Bureau, as well as contact the Attorney General's office, and research any other resource that will listen and take action, and this man could be put behind bars for a very long time, and not to mention be held liable and have to pay back all the money he has robbed people over, and let me tell you all this, right now there isn't too much in life I want more than to see this guy be brought to justice, (other than me being able to get ahold of him myself) because he cannot be allowed to go on any longer doing what he is doing.

From one of the articles I read, I was in a mild shock if what I read was true about how many millions of dollars he has made of all his victims! This is a abomination and I can't do but Sonu ** end because I never gave him any money but everyone who did, I pressure you Right Now to make your life against those and pull together and bring this poor excuse for A man to justice. Well I've said what I came to say. God will punish him. It is only a matter of time. I would sure like to wake up and hear on the news about this guy being arrested and sued by all his victims. Hope you people make a stand. God Bless and take care.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Please know that Davison may attempt to redesign or make a ** prototype but when they claim they are "presenting" your idea to a company that they have matched your product with, they send a flyer in the mail. The company they "matched" me with wasn't even capable of producing my product...they laugh their way to the bank daily.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Please do your due diligence before giving any money to these people. I am halfway into the contract with Inventionland and it's true what many reviews are saying. They are liars and I was told one thing and later something else and then told that I am the one that misunderstood. I was told I would be part of the brainstorming and creative process and 8 months later, they send me a design and say that the manufacturer will decide and I have no say in the logo or design. They have been very dishonest and when they call, I am rushed off the phone and pressured for large sums of money. Whoever paid $25/mo for a year, I don't believe it. They will push for thousands of dollars to be paid at a time. My rep Jeanine ** is not friendly at all and has told me so many lies in these last months. I will not give another penny to these con artists. Please do your due diligence.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

STOP!!! Before you send any money, be prepared to lose all of it. This is the biggest bunch of crap. I didn't need to pay anything to find out this company is dirty. What tipped me off was the fact that when Hasan, (the director of new products) told me that for $65.00 he could send me the paperwork needed to start the process of getting my idea started. I told him I was on a fixed income and couldn't afford his services, he then informed me that he could overlook the $65.00 dollars and send the contract along with the provisional application for patent cover sheet, which he did. Upon reading the contract I wished I would have not told him about my idea, because I didn't have any protection on my idea except for the drawings that were done some years back that were signed by non family members.

So to protect my idea I filed it through the EFS-web which I converted to PDF, and paid the filing fees and sent a copy of my drawings and description of my invention so that Davison couldn't just steal my ideal. The more you look into this so called company the more you realize how can this be legal. By their own admission of 150000 thousand people that paid the predevelopmental fee of $795.00 dollars only 35 had received only a small amount over their original $795.00 dollars that they paid. You do the math, 150,914 times 795.00 - it's over 124 million dollars not to mention all the ones who paid thousands more only to be told sorry or get no response at all, this place is a joke. Save your time and money and frustration. Its a shame to let someone like this Davison character to conduct and continue to run one of the dirtiest low down misleading scams all because he got shut down on his own invention.

So how many of the 15 inventions or the 6 registered trademarks are really his ideals. He's a rip-off artist that sell ice to an Eskimo. Stay as far away as possible from this piece of **, cus that's what you'll get from George Davison **. I will pursue all avenues to stop this greedy little man, I use the word man because I don't think they will allow me to say **. You're a punk, punk. Karma is a **!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Hello. I'm not trying to be a pain but I have paid my money in full for the predevelopment stage a long time ago and I was told that my portfolio was sent Sept 21, 2017 and still haven't received it. Sure I got a Email with portfolio that I had trouble with even opening it. But I like to have it in my hands to see how you present yourself because the next stage is a bunch of money. Plus I was promised a free drawing of my invention and never received that either. Even with all the bad reviews I read about your company I still made my decision to go with your company because I'm sure there's a lot of people that think they have a great invention but it's not really that good and those are the people that are giving bad reviews I hope.

Plus I was skeptical about doing business with your company been so far away. I was told that they couldn't find anything like my invention in predevelopment stage and was told that you targeted Berkley about it. I asked Adam if he could track it and he said he could only track it to the border. What good is that. Now my portfolio is out there with no patent on it or anything it makes me a bit nervous about it because it took me a long long time before I could trust a company because I am confident and think it is a great idea and a lot of people could use it and I don't want anybody to take my idea. Well enough of me babbling. Have a great day and talk soon. Cheers.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My project has been a 20+ years dream. I am a single person that had a dream of a product Davison made me believe that they believe in as much as I did. I have invested THOUSANDS of $ into my vision. As long as I owed them money, or needed to move to the next step that required more money there was constant contact. Now that I have gotten to the license department I seem to get more of the same NOTHING or the runaround. For example, the first company they submitted to (per them) did not responded within the allotted time so that is an automatic assumption of being disinterested. So in order for Davidson to "repackage and resubmit" to another possible retailer/investor it cost me an additional $350 on top of the already $10,000 I've already paid them. The most frustrating part is as long as they needed or wanted more money they stay in constant contact.

At every stage of supposedly moving my product along, I always end up with someone else that not only seem to be unfamiliar with my project, but also each time Davison would take it upon themselves to change my contact person without any notice. I was only made aware of it after there had been long periods of time without any contact, and several calls from me trying to find out whats going on. What I get each time is that the last contact is no longer with the company. Unfortunately the only way I know that is by trying to call their ext and get a message that- that ext is not valid. The unfortunate part about this all, is I can't afford to start over with another company, so I'm left with the feeling of thinking I just paid for a couple of CD's and a sunken feeling in my heart that I GOT SCAMMED!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Their famous line, we can't move on unless you pay... They are not upfront with fees. I asked for proof that they submitted my product to a company and the only thing they could tell me is "It was a phone conversation". I have no idea if my product was ever shown. My prototype was totally off.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

My experience with this company has been the worst in my life. I paid them money to engineer a product and market it. I have had poor response from them. This has been going on for eight years. I have lost hope in them. They don't do anything to encourage you that there is hope, they return your calls to inform you the status of anything. I feel that I have been scammed. I have told them on Several occasions I want my money back and they telling me that it's not refundable. I don't feel that it's care for a company to mislead you in producing something for you and you pay your money and get nothing.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

I google New Products Inventions and Davison pop up, I decided to contact new products and was able to reach a member of New Products client services. I invested a bundle of cash to 3 products with this company. I was advise to pay in full, if NOT my idea will proceed as payments are retrieved, therefore I had to borrow from family members to pay up. The person name was Chaad **, BUT now he is no longer with the company, my new ideas was given to Chaad, and he lied to me about the company. I was promised to tour the company and see all the new products in the Market, also all the success with all the new products invented. He recreated this whole idea about my new ideas coming to life.

For that reasons I invested all my monies and time giving Davison the business, it was all lie. My knowledge is that Davison will take your idea and rendered services like 3D DRAWINGS, they will tell you that there is a Company of Interest and targeted for you to spend the money to invest, however that is NOT how it ends. Companies are rarely interested and the success rate of your invention getting a LICENSING DEAL ARE NEXT TO ZERO.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Contacted Davison in January 2015. They sold me into thinking they would prototype and sell my product. Contact was twice a week as they really needed my money to start! First contact I had was senior director of new products DANEIL ** who assured me my money was safe. I paid $14000 straight up to have my product build straight away. A new senior director of products called months later. ADAM ** Contacted me with the a picture nothing like what I asked. Contact with the company slowed as they had my money. Took 1 year and 2 pictures of my Invention that didn't look remotely like I asked until I got in contact with a guy called FRANK ** who said it's too difficult to do what I asked... Now they won't return emails or return calls. I paid a lot of hard earned money for nothing. Now me and my family suffer financially. Please help if you read this. I need a refund.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I spoke to Bill ** (Director of New Products) today. First of all he called me this morning asking to schedule a time to visit with him about my idea. I told him I could talk at 11:30 AM (central time). He told me that he could call me at noon (central time). I told him if he called at noon that I would only have about 40 or 45 minutes. Mr. ** informed me that would be fine because he only needed about 15 to 20 minutes of my time. I told him if he only needed that much time then I would be available to speak with him right now. He told me he couldn't visit with me (even though he is who called me) because he had another meeting and was only calling to schedule a time to visit with me. That should have been my first clue that he was a complete disrespectful JERK! I would call him a different name but I want my review to stay posted. Mr. ** sent me an email with the youtube video which I watched prior to him calling me at noon.

Long story short, when Mr. ** called me and asked me all his questions about my idea and then provided me with how great the Davison business is and how they help and what they do to help. I told him I wasn't about to pay money for their help when it was my idea. He then provided me with two horrible examples. He asked me if I wouldn't pay for home repairs because I didn't want to pay for someone to come fix it. He also asked me if I had had any education/college. I told him that I was a licensed attorney and a licensed social worker. He then asked if I had ever considered not going to college because it cost money. HORRIBLE examples Mr. **.

When he got to the bit about the $795 to receive the materials; I told him that I wasn't going to pay $795 because that was a lot of money to me. He asked me why I thought that was a lot of money. I told him that I work for the public defender system and I'm a single parent and live paycheck to paycheck. I told him that I understood they have to charge for their services because after all nothing in this world is for free. He kept telling me that financial obligation wasn't a concern at this point because he could set me up on a payment schedule and once I had paid the full amount then they could send me the materials. He laughed and said the business wasn't making money off the $795 people paid to have their ideas turned in to reality. I told him that it concerned me that he was laughing at me because I thought $795 was a lot of money.

He told me they make money off the 10% in royalties they make from a company willing to market products presented to them. He then told me that it concerned him that I thought $795 was a lot of money and that if I thought $795 was a lot of money then I didn't have any idea... I stopped listening as I was PISSED at this point. I told him we were at an impasse and there was no point in continuing the conversation and hung up.

Bill ** isn't doing Davison any good. I don't take kindly to people who think they know it all and don't give a damn about my concerns. You don't call me asking me about my idea and then act as though you know what is best and on top of that treat me so disrespectfully by laughing at me. I'm a single mom and I do live paycheck to paycheck. Regardless of the fact that I'm a very educated woman, I work for a system where funding isn't plenty. I have no tolerance for JERKS who want to flex their muscle!

Mr. **; don't call me and then when I say I have time at that moment tell me that you can't visit as you have another appointment (so then don't freaking call me) until you have time to talk. And then when you call back and I answer; don't be rude and insult my intellect. If Davison knows what is good for their company, they should consider hiring individuals who have more professional social skills and can talk to potential clients with dignity and respect (especially when you are asking them to pay your company money)! Even if I were slightly interested in their assistance with marketing my idea; Mr. ** ruined any chance of me going with them because of how rude he was.

Original review: July 8, 2017

The lead on my project at Davison was Alvin. He totally misrepresented what Davison was doing for the $695 "Pre-Development" program. I spoke to the "Head of Design" to "bounce ideas back and forth". That last 3 minutes. I was told they would help develop my idea into a concept that we can take to a manufacturer. Showed me how the "DO EVERYTHING ON SITE". For your $695 they do a patent search, maybe. Not sure if even that was legit. Then they send you a CD explaining how WONDERFUL they are!!! Then the BOMB DROPS!! Oh we have a company to promote the idea to. Give us $10,000. REALLY??? What I have sketched on a napkin is more than they did to develop my idea. STAY WAY!!!

Original review: July 5, 2017

This company should be closed down! In Australia they could not exist because of our laws! They state they can develop and promote your ideas, but they don't! My idea would improve roofing production times and also was a safety feature that could save lives! I withdrew funds from my mortgage to finance the development and then there was no communications for 6 weeks! I was communicating with telephone calls & email to "LISA **" (Lisa **). I emailed an update request with No response & the second email bounced back as rejected address! This has set me back years! I am now seeking advice through Australian Government departments! This Company commits FRAUD! The American authorities should step in!

Original review: June 22, 2017

I don't understand the negative comments I've read about this company. I was presented with an offer to help my idea become a reality. They took the concept of finding a need and filling it hoping to add quality to the disabled and made it a reality. The cost was presented before anything began, no surprises as I have read in some negative reviews. There was nothing but mutual respect, no false promises or hidden agenda. The entire program is sent for you to read, DVD's to watch and all you need to do is Thoroughly go over the presentation portfolio then decide if you want to dive in. No one twisted my arm or threw any curves involving hidden expenses. In my first year I paid $25/mo!

I was in control and now, I finally see my dream becoming a reality as I am looking at the design and I am so ready to sign. My "guy" at Davison went above and beyond throughout the entire process. Always available, always supportive, always enthusiastic! He never ever led me on! I still don't know if this will become a reality, I have a few more weeks and they still have my complete trust. If it fails, it was no one's fault. I will have no regrets. Thank you "M", so very much. Hopefully we will meet that goal of offering a chance for a lot of disabled people to start enjoying their lives as much as they can with OUR product, God willing. Bless y'all.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I would run as fast as you can and stay away from this company once they get your money. Zero communication. It takes dozens of emails and letters to break through to anyone. They took my invention and tried to make it into something far less than what it is. They promised to make a working model (which was part of the contract) but little understanding of it. So I made one for them and sent it to them. Still did not get it. I was a Tool and Die maker and machine tool designer so it was not hard for me to build one. They still did not get it. I had to give up on them because they just do not have the people with the knowledge and experience. Just a waste of $9,500 dollars. The Patent Engineer had no problem understanding the design. It was approved right away. It only took 2 weeks to approve and send me the patent.

Original review: May 25, 2017

This company is a total scam. I paid the 695.00 to get started. The person I spoke with never told me I would have to pay from 6000.00 to 10,000.00 to get going. They sent me a DVD and CD which would not work in any of my 4 DVD players. Then I would call them and leave countless messages with no response. Also the woman would never answer my messages. They sent a contract which was a joke for money down and then want either 5% or 10% of royalties. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I started with them on Sept. 2014, and till date nothing is done. They kept calling me every day till the payment is paid. I paid US $11,000. After they got payment, it took me several months to get a reply. Instead of design my idea they proposed something else which has nothing to do with my real idea, and I refused. I advise no one to do business with Davison. Since Sept. 2014, I am trying to contact the owner Mr. George Davison. I am thinking to go to court against this Davison and stop them from getting more victims and taking their moneys. Really they killed my dream and they do not have the right to take my money.

Original review: April 10, 2017

For 3 years we worked with Davison on a product that they assured us would have interest in marketplace, paying over $10,000.00. At the beginning there was lots of interest and contact up to "licensing", then there was little activity and no return of phone calls. Good luck to others. I would like to hear from people who have a product that has been successfully marketed, by Davison or any group that helps start-up inventors. We were disappointed with our efforts to market a product with the help of Davison.

Original review: March 15, 2017

Got scam out of 695 dollars to research and develop my product. In return I got a bunch of phone calls and a DVD with some similar products with my name on them. I was told any additional cost could be worked out of the royalties. But then a few months later they want 6,000 more dollars to move forward and the royalties talk was out of question. So they are slick. They convinced me to pay 700 but they ain't convincing me to pay another 6k. Complete scam. If they would do everything I would feel good paying afterwards or working out a higher percentage for royalties for them but I refuse to pay them more without having something to show for it. Biggest scam ever but they are good talkers so don't fall for it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2017

In working with Frank ** things have continued to move forward due to his seemingly never ending work. Mr. ** graciously extended patience with me repeatedly exceeding my expectations and is the reason I trust, have confidence and a working relationship with Davison.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I first gave Davidson $795. In return all I got was a disc with a product with my name on it. The product was on the DVD being shown to me and it was nothing like the drawing that I sent them of what I was trying to invent. I was told that there is nothing out there like what I was inventing and that this would go a long way. This man had gotten my hopes up really high so me being on disability and SSI had to beg, borrow and steal to get the money for him. Then he wanted thousands more dollars before they would even build the product. Had I known this and had I've known there was already something out there like what I was inventing he would have never gotten $795 off of me.

Davison is a scam. They scam you out of your hard-earned money or in my case your disability money. Then they don't deliver what they promise. Do not fall for it. It is all a scam. I'm going to located on Turney and tried to get my money back. I am a bargain hunter so I was at a Goodwill one day and lo and behold I found my invention at a Goodwill exact drawing that they sent me. Again this place is a scam. Don't lose your money. Read the reviews. They're not very good. I wish I had read the reviews before I handed him all that money. I'm still trying to get out of debt from giving him all that money. It threw me off badly. I owe everybody and their brother for money that was stolen off of me by Davison without nothing but they said being delivered. Scam scam scam. I tell you don't fall for it like I did.

They build your hopes up so how did you going to be rich when in reality you are getting ripped off. Your money is being stolen from you. I have to admit they are good when they're talking to you and how they build up your hopes is amazing. I know they sure got me good. Even my fiance thought we were going to be rich as I did. Knowing this was not going to go anywhere after that $795.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I would like to take this precious time to thank you all for considering my invention. When I received the call from Lindsay I was lost for words. After having my first conversation with her I broke down and starts crying. You can tell that she loves her job and very considerate about her clients. You guys are very prompt and very professional. I know I have chosen the RIGHT company to help me make my invention come to life. May God continue to bless this wonderful Company.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Mr. ** has contacted me when he said he would. He has answered every question I have had. He is very courteous over the phone and speaks with great enthusiasm. He has a persuasive way of asking questions which doesn't really bother me. I'm used to that. I believe a little leading is necessary when dealing with a project of this scope. He asked things I hadn't thought about.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

I am so impressed with this company that I will recommend them to all my friends and associates. They have done a great job helping to get my idea designed and to be packaged and put on the market. I am especially very impressed with Gary ** because he has gone out of his way for me in many areas. I am very happy with this organization and would recommend them to anybody!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I gave them nearly $900 for registration for my idea and they said they would research on the topic and send me a package but the package did not have anything just a CD which had the company name and my name on it. The FYI of the company booklet, so there was no research done on whether my product idea was feasible etc. After that nothing. I did write to the BBB and I had no response from them either. I asked for a refund but I got no response, then after 8 months or so another company staff emailed me to see if I would pay more to go forward since the employee who was in touch with me had left the company. This business is definitely a scam in my experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

So far so good. I am satisfied with Davison and the services they are providing. I am confident and optimistic that they will help to make my dream come true. Keep the good work! The expert assigned to my job is providing me with necessary updates regularly.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2016

Thank you for your open mind, makes my dream come true in helping people. You're one of the best dream builder. GOD'S Blessing! I hope more and more dream, ambition for the good benefits for all humanity. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! GOD bless!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

So far you have been extremely helpful. I hope everything takes off like a rocket. The company has been very nice to me and has helped me even in the lower fee to get things going. I believe that my idea will help many people.

Davison Company Information