Call toll free
4.43/5
Based on 155 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

C-BBB Rating
View More View More

1518 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

Davison representative has been timely with follow-ups and interested in my idea. I would recommend Davison to a friend if they have any creative ideas they would like to the for the front. The Davison representative even encourages some ideas that help with the important of my App and how my App can help more than the focused audience.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2018

David ** was assigned to me back in 2016, I think it was, when I first sent in my invention idea. Somewhere between then and now, I managed to scrape up a very small down payment. The other day, my husband finally got a long-awaited workmen's comp settlement, so we were able to pay the rest of the down payment. He was sure a happy camper! So am I!

The part where I wasn't so satisfied with my experience: I think you should be upfront with your clients and let them know what kind of investment they need to prepare to make in order to get their inventions ideas moving along towards being marketed. I never found any kind of fees schedule or guidelines for the different levels in the process. I found this disconcerting. I had a talk with David ** about it one day, but he was also rather vague, like your literature. I understand that there is no pricing set in cement for some of the steps in the process because of mitigating factors, but there should be some ballpark figures for those areas anyway, even with the proviso that prices may still vary. It's not fair to your clients to not fully disclose what happens in the process and what kind of fees they can expect to pay for your assistance!

Original review: June 19, 2018

I have never been in this position of having an idea let alone knowing how or where to go in moving an idea forward. Davison has been everything I could hope to expect, they are very professional, friendly, make me feel comfortable in the company, and motivated to continue forward with Davison. I couldn't imagine a better CO. to be involved with, and moving forward my ideas with.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have had the greatest experience working with Mark ** on my app idea! He is so educational, giving me examples of what Davison has done before and what is being done for me. I really would recommend Davison to anybody.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I appreciate every extra mile Larry ** walked to keep me as a client. I felt he truly believed in me and went the distance to prove. I originally submitted my idea in 2008 but left and didn't return until 2014, that's when Larry got involved with my product and for over 4 years has been a rock when I was a roiling sea. If I have any complaint it's that I feel my portfolio was less than I was made to think it would be. I was expecting more info on my personal product but received mostly information about other similar products. But Larry has kept me motivated thus far so I will stand solid with him and Davison until my product idea is a reality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm very happy so far. I'm excited about the possibilities of my invention and never could have thought about doing this on my own. Everything has been very wonderful so far and look forward to the next steps. A few things that may help your process improve are: 1. Include an payment option in the process of your current contract process. Taking credit cards by phone is always a higher charge to you as a company than transacting via the web. Authorize.net is a good processor and you can save money and streamline your process by including a form during the contract process where it asks you to click your option for payment. 2. Include an image drop-box at the end of your online contract process. This will enable a new inventor to easily upload images of drawings or prototypes for their ideas.

For example, when I tried to send Terrance all 10 pictures of my prototype, the email server rejected my email because it exceeded the limit. You're really doing a fantastic job and those are just kind suggestions that would enhance your company. And... I hope you guys have a few ping pong tables there because inventors love ping pong!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I just got off the phone with the biggest salesman in Davison about how I needed to pay over $30,000 for an app that we agreed to develop. Not only did they offer me the world to pay the unían fee of $800 but they don’t tell you at the beggining that you will have to pay over $30000 and if you can’t they can do monthly payments but nothing will be done till you pay everything. If you are a single parent like I am and are trying to help your child with his idea but can’t offer $30000, don’t call Davison 'cause all they will do is sell you a dream and take your hard earn money. Now I have to give my son the bad news about his dream because Davison only thinks about profit and not people. Worst scam I’ve ever been involved with and worst of all my son will hate all big companies and feel like they all lie. Don’t be fooled like we did, ask up front what the total cost will be so you don’t get a crappy salesmen like Mr. **. Beware of this guy.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We are still at the early stages at the moment but so far I am happy the way things are going. Larry ** is very helpful and is keeping in constant contact with me letting me know all about the progress being made with my product.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My experience so far is I am very pleased with the help I am getting. Very helpful and very detailed with the help I am getting with my product. Every step is the way anyone would want their idea created. Thank you very much.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I was hesitant at first, but I felt the associate Jerry ** really knew what he was doing and made the first few steps for me very easy! I live in the west coast and Mr. ** one the other side! Jerry waited late in his office just to make sure my documents were accurate and completed. I really feel he has my best interests at hand! Whether my idea goes through or not I can say the process was fun! I would highly recommend Davison to family and friends.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I barely started this process but I have a feeling it's going to be a long and prosperous relationship. After this project takes off I'm going to submit a new one. And then another and another. I got tons of ideas but the next one's really good.

Original review: June 4, 2018

While I am satisfied - to date - with my experience with Davison, I am anxiously awaiting the information folder being prepared by Davison regarding the work done so far to move my idea forward. The uncertainty though is to know whether this idea has merit to move to the next steps that will bring it to market. All the feedback I have been given is "good news" so far, but is that news reliable?

Original review: June 1, 2018

Today, on my calendar was a reminder that I was going to hear from Chad, DNA necklace... supposed telephone call at 10:45 AM... It's now, 1:19 PM. I didn't take a call for work today, a week of work opportunity, if called, exists to the two-month school (no income) layoff for substitutes. No word means no problem?

Original review: June 1, 2018

Davison has been great to work with so far. I've had numerous questions that I've asked over many calls and I always get immediate answers. I really appreciate asking them to give me a call at a time and they doing so punctually, very encouraging.

Original review: June 1, 2018

For the past 3 months in which I have been working with them on my idea has been brilliant. Stress free and no rush payments. It's all done on my rate and when I can pay. Jamie ** (Research Director) was a pleasure to talk to and was always there if I had a question and made the experience enjoyable. I am so glad I chose to work with you guys because I was dubious about presenting my idea to any company. And I chose the best. Looking forward to bringing my idea to life!

Original review: June 1, 2018

I decided to research the company after I heard that they were a big scam. That is exactly what I did. I found out that the company fed me a line of bull all the way through the 3rd stage, and that the work they supposedly had done for me was fraudulent. I emailed Matt **, the person I was working with, and he never answered back. I just tried to email him again and his email is no longer valid. I paid a total of $1800.00 to Davison, and they fed me full of bull. All of it is a lie. Do not get suckered like I did and pay a bunch of money for a bunch of bogus paperwork.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I have been testing my invention for over a year. I am sure of my idea. Upon bringing it to your company and Mr. David ** has made my experience a positive and reassuring one, he has been walking me through each step. There is open communication. He has made me feel comfortable about submitting my idea to Davison inventions. We are not done yet. We only just begun. I cannot wait to see what is ahead of us. I am positive that we will have a good relationship moving forward.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I canceled my contract with my guy Mike **. So I know I should at least get a partial refund if nothing else. I would appreciate the contract agreement kept in good respect and for y'all to honor your word to me. Thanks.

Original review: May 30, 2018

They showed concern about your idea. Explain how they are going to help you get your idea process. The cost is affordable. They are so friendly with you. The person who works with you are polite. I enjoy working with Davison. Recommend them to friends and family.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I appreciate the encouragement and patience with my Representative Paul **. His hope in seeing this project through has been motivating to me! Thank you very much! I would love to see this project move forward as well! I have always had ideas coming to me, but this is the first time I've been able to actually bring my idea this far!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I'm super excited at this opportunity to become a client with Davison. Looking forward to where this could go... Overall so far it's been great working with the nice staff of Davison. They have helped me with my idea and have helped make it come to life... Thank you...

Original review: May 29, 2018

Bicycle toy for the spokes in the wheels to sound like a motorcycle. Everyone has been polite. We like it so far. We're happy to try this out and we know kids will love it. The videos are awesome to watch others succeed.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I am so excited to be on board with you guys in bringing my dream into reality. Working with you guys have been life changing for me even more especially the courtesy and generosity of Ralph **. It has been a pleasure having him by my side step by step encouraging me. I'm more excited than ever to see my invention come to life and I can hardly wait until the ball really starts rolling. Thank you guys.

Original review: May 25, 2018

So far So Good! Barry has been a great help with my project. I'm looking forward to the outcome of this. Easy Shoe is mostly for a fashion statement. Barry has kept in touch with me, and I appreciate his concern and information about Easy Shoe.

Original review: May 22, 2018

It takes very long time to bring our ideas into practice. It would be nice if you work fast, longer time depress client, keep us updated, meeting every two weeks is good idea. Your research about the product and telling how successful the project is going to be before time, that's what we want. Thanks.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I am very pleased with Davison so far. Dan has done a great job so far in keeping me informed about the process that my invention is going thru step by step. Looking forward to the future when this comes full circle and finding out if this invention is a good idea sign by Michael ** inventor of the Air Flow Window for garage doors.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have had many ideas for useful inventions in my 53 years. Some of which I shared with others only to have them harm my faith in mankind by taking my idea and making it their own. So, when my daughter sent contact info to me for Davison Design and Development, I was reluctant. However, I went ahead with making the call. Mike hooked me up with Rebekkah ** and we have stayed in close contact. She has been extremely helpful and she keeps me updated on our progress of my invention idea. I find it very easy to talk with Rebekkah. Some days I believe that she works for me more than Davison. Lol! She talks to me as if we have been good friends for many years. I could not have come this far without her. Thank you Mr. **! And thank you Rebekkah. I would be lost without you.

Original review: May 21, 2018

My experience with Davison has been awesome. A first impression is definitely a lasting one and Ms. Patty ** had me at hello. She was enthused about my product, she listened and she informed me of everything I will need to know moving forward. I just want to thank your company for trusting my idea and believing in me.

Original review: May 16, 2018

My experience was amazing, very friendly company. Mr. ** was very helpful in getting the process flowing in regards to product development with the Davison Company. I'm excited to see what becomes of my idea. It's a very rough draft of my idea.

Original review: May 15, 2018

I am totally new to any experience such as this and Rebecca has been so wonderful. I am so incredibly excited about working with this company. I can't believe how easy it has been to submit an idea and watch it come to life. Thanks.

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs