Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Davison helps turn your invention and app ideas into real products. It focuses on making your products more marketable and offers assistance with development and packaging design. The company keeps your ideas confidential and guides you through the process of patenting and licensing.

BOTTOM LINE

Davison helps inventors turn ideas into products. Its binding security agreement keeps your ideas confidential, then it helps develop, design and package your product. It also assists with patents and licensing.

PROS
  • Supports entire invention process
  • Helps with patents and licensing
  • Maintains confidentiality
CONS
  • Can be pricey
  • Past lawsuits from FTC
Davison Call Now Toll Free (800) 544-3327 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Top Davison Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Joseph ** has been exceptionally well rounded with his amazing customer service throughout the process so far. He is very patient, informative, and punctual. Which has really helped me make my dream of becoming an inventor easier. Thank you for the great service and help so far...

I would say that Davidson is the best of the best... they are helping me to bring it alive, and I am grateful for that. Also, my project Manager, Mr. **, is incredible... Overall, the Davison Company blows my mind. I highly recommend...

What is Davison?

Davison helps inventors turn their ideas into real products and mobile apps. It assists with idea and product development, marketing, design and patent licensing. Its customers’ products have included bakeware, pet supplies, health and wellness items, apps and more.

How does Davison work?

Davison helps creators at all stages of the invention process. The company can help with:

• Idea development
  • Product development
  • Pitches for licensing
  • Corporation options for licensing
  • Company pitches

The process starts with the Idea Security Agreement, which is legally binding and keeps your idea confidential. From there, if Davison finds your idea viable, its professionals help design your product. It offers 2D and 3D modeling, ideation sketches, virtual rendering, computer-aided design and 3D printing. It then assists in pitching your product to companies. Davison notes that while it introduces many products yearly, only a few make it to market.

How much does Davison cost?

Davison’s costs depend on your idea’s complexity and the services you need to develop it. There’s no charge for the initial staff consultation, but the website doesn’t specify typical price ranges for product development. However, it does note that the founder, George Davison, invested $30,000 in his first invention. Online reviews suggest its initial fees might fall between $300 to $900 and that prototypes can cost up to $12,000.

Davison FAQ

Where is Davison located?
Davison has two locations in Pennsylvania and one in Florida, but it works with clients all over the world.
How do I get started with Davison?
To get started with Davison, submit your idea through the Idea Security Agreement, a legally binding document that protects your idea’s confidentiality. Then, you’ll get a free staff consultation.
Who owns Davison?
Davison is owned by George Davison, who founded the company in 1989.
What’s it like to work with Davison?
Customers report good experiences with Davison — they say the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and communicative.

Is Davison a legit company?

Yes. It’s important to note that Davison was the target of two multimillion-dollar judgments from the Federal Trade Commission in the early 2000s, but no major issues with the company have been reported in the past decade or so. Ultimately, if you plan to move forward with an invention, it’s important to be confident in your idea’s quality, usefulness and need; otherwise, your investment might lead to little return.

Davison Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: March 25, 2021

I was very skeptical going into this venture, believing that my idea would only be laughed at and the dream of actually having it become a reality would remain at that status--a dream. But then I met Mr. Bryan ** and from the first time I chatted with him on the phone, he changed my entire outlook and had me convinced that I have "inventor potential." I went with that idea and joined the Davison program, keeping Mr. ** as my mentor, motivator and guide. He was amazing, and I can credit him for making a believer out of me.

At first, the fee seemed out of reach, as I am retired and only collecting social security benefits as income, and I became discouraged right off the bat over the cost to get my idea developed, manufactured and marketed. But Bryan was not one to just say, "okay, too bad for you, bye!" He would not let me back out of going forward with my project because Davison has the understanding that everyone is not filthy rich and they are willing to work with the would-be inventor to make it affordable with monthly payments based on what you can afford. There are also monthly incentive bonuses to help defray the cost and reduce actual out-of-pocket expense.

I finally reached the pinnacle of my fees and now on my way to the predevelopment stage of my project. I really believe that the Davison Company is in my corner and ready to take on the challenge of getting my idea fully developed and into stores nationwide. I'm excited over the prospects and what comes next as we move forward in a partnership of friends--me, Mr. Davison, and his team of talented professionals who stand behind the Davison reputation. Thank you, Bryan **, for not letting me back out!!

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Updated on 05/04/2021: I have started with Davison only a few months (December 2020) and so far, I do not any negatives except one caveat. They have been helpful. They do keep in touch and questions are answered and options to ask questions are given. My only problem is costs. When started, I knew that nothing was for free but what I did not realize or informed was every step moving ahead, has a cost. Based in the USA, all costs are in US currency and I am not an American. My project is going along well, so long as I pay the costs otherwise it becomes "stuck" until final payment. But as with any business, nothing is for free. If I had to start over and knew their pricing structure, I would have saved some cash first before I ventured there. If not for that caveat, it would earn its 5 stars.

Original Review: I have just completed paying on the feasibility of my project. Mr **, thru emails have kept in touch but cell phone calls don't work 98% of time, despite my giving the correct numbers. More literature on invention processes would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I am very pleased with how Mary keeps in touch and listens to all of my stories and all of my feedback. I am so excited to be moving into preproduction. I find this product so exciting and good in nature to be able to assist in saving lives and keep people safe while we take part in all of our outdoor activities, it's really not just for swimming although that was one of its primary roles since inception.

I feel it's brilliant in its simplicity even though it's not as simple as it looks in design. I feel everybody should have one and hope to one day make it affordable enough for everybody to have one on every beach and every coast, and coupled with everybody's personal crafts such pwc, atv, utv and Motorcycles. I believe in Davison to bring this to life and so far you are doing a great job to bring this to life! I have so many more great ideas for you moving forward. I look forward to our calls and hopefully meeting in person one day. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Sincerely

Christopher

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I am utterly shocked by the humility and benevolence I have received from the Davison representative I have been assigned to. He is kind, honest, punctual, and he always brings me up when I'm feeling nonplussed. He is so wonderful that he forces my energy to match his energy, and it's always on point. He has walked me through the beginning steps to becoming an inventor, and he doesn't let me quit. I am excited to meet the new team member I will be working with in the next upcoming days!!

Whomever is reading this review, please be advised that if you have a product idea, or new invention, Davison IS THE COMPANY you want to work with. Looking forward to visiting Inventionland, meeting the founder (Wizard) who chose this incredible team of people, and is inspiring so many others in this country to spread their creativity all over the map. Whatever your doubts are about becoming an inventor, throw them out. Manifesto, seems silly, is the only way to live. Think positive, push that energy out of you, and you will likely notice that great things are among you and around you. And mostly. DONT EVER GIVE UP. And don't spend the rest of your life wondering what if. I'm not, thanks to Davison. 5 stars. And I'd give my experience 5 million stars if I could. BRAHHH-VO team. Well done, very well done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

From the very first phone call I have received in regarding my invention idea up until now and every email and phone call correspondence in between has been a pleasant experience. Jermaine ** has been especially personable and professional and made me feel comfortable with the entire process never putting me under any pressure but instead encouraging my idea and ambitions and supporting my efforts genuinely as well and has been thoroughly explanatory as far as the process of becoming a part of the Davison team.

Everything was supportive and conducted efficiently while never making me feel obligated or pressured in any way to make any decisions or or anything. I was uncomfortable with there was always a great feeling of just support and someone sincerely wanting to help and back me up in an idea that I had and didn't know how to go about getting it started. I've been nothing but grateful for all the support and encouragement from the team at Davidson and Jermaine **.

Original review: May 6, 2021

After trying to work for a guy I saw on Shark Tank, I decided to work with this company to see if he could help me with an invention. They have been amazing from the start and very open. I get a call from Gerry every Wednesday morning on schedule with updates. I will defiantly be working with them again!!

Original review: May 5, 2021

Has been very professional and informative. Looking forward to the end results. Excited about what is around the corner. Matt has been great to work with and has answered all my questions. All the video have been educational as well.

Original review: May 5, 2021

The minimum is the only amount I was able to keep up with. So it was very easy to work with you guys and thank you for sticking with me for 3yrs till it was paid off. Thank you guys for understanding. Brian, sir, you the man!!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have had the pleasure of presenting my idea to Davison and it has been a great experience so far. I look forward to working with Davison throughout my journey. This is an exciting time for me and as I move to greater heights I go trusting that I have made the right decision with this company.

Original review: May 4, 2021

From my understanding Davison is a very unique company that gets your idea from idea to the market from start to finish. Because of that, I'm not having to deal with multiple companies. I'm not having to build or construct my idea. All I'm having to do is communicate my idea with the company and they're going to make it and present it for me to companies potentially interested in buying my product.

Davison Company Information