Davison

4.4/5 (116 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Davison

Davison helps turn your invention and app ideas into real products. It focuses on making your products more marketable and offers assistance with development and packaging design. The company keeps your ideas confidential and guides you through the process of patenting and licensing.

Top Davison Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Verified

Joseph ** has been exceptionally well rounded with his amazing customer service throughout the process so far. He is very patient, informative, and punctual. Which has really help...

Verified

I would say that Davidson is the best of the best... they are helping me to bring it alive, and I am grateful for that. Also, my project Manager, Mr. **, is incredible... Overall,...

What is Davison?

Davison helps inventors turn their ideas into real products and mobile apps. It assists with idea and product development, marketing, design and patent licensing. Its customers’ products have included bakeware, pet supplies, health and wellness items, apps and more.

How does Davison work?

Davison helps creators at all stages of the invention process. The company can help with:

• Idea development
  • Product development
  • Pitches for licensing
  • Corporation options for licensing
  • Company pitches

The process starts with the Idea Security Agreement, which is legally binding and keeps your idea confidential. From there, if Davison finds your idea viable, its professionals help design your product. It offers 2D and 3D modeling, ideation sketches, virtual rendering, computer-aided design and 3D printing. It then assists in pitching your product to companies. Davison notes that while it introduces many products yearly, only a few make it to market.

How much does Davison cost?

Davison’s costs depend on your idea’s complexity and the services you need to develop it. There’s no charge for the initial staff consultation, but the website doesn’t specify typical price ranges for product development. However, it does note that the founder, George Davison, invested $30,000 in his first invention. Online reviews suggest its initial fees might fall between $300 to $900 and that prototypes can cost up to $12,000.

Davison FAQ

Where is Davison located?
Davison has two locations in Pennsylvania and one in Florida, but it works with clients all over the world.
How do I get started with Davison?
To get started with Davison, submit your idea through the Idea Security Agreement, a legally binding document that protects your idea’s confidentiality. Then, you’ll get a free staff consultation.
Who owns Davison?
Davison is owned by George Davison, who founded the company in 1989.
What’s it like to work with Davison?
Customers report good experiences with Davison — they say the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and communicative.

Is Davison a legit company?

Yes. It’s important to note that Davison was the target of two multimillion-dollar judgments from the Federal Trade Commission in the early 2000s, but no major issues with the company have been reported in the past decade or so. Ultimately, if you plan to move forward with an invention, it’s important to be confident in your idea’s quality, usefulness and need; otherwise, your investment might lead to little return.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: July 26, 2022

Happy with initial contact from Angelo, pleasant guy. To be honest I have no idea what am getting into here, I have paid what I would consider an initial large fee for what I thought was to get my idea designed, ready to present to clients selected by Davison, however I have had a call from the development team director today who again was very pleasant, friendly but indicated to me that there are further costs coming down the track before the idea is ready to present to clients.

He talked about installments or help with costs via sacrificing royalties which suggests these costs are going to be quite substantial. I am left now totally scratching my head thinking what have I got into here and what was the initial £650 down-payment for? I have a further scheduled call next week where I am sure I will be informed of further costs, options. I am open-minded about this and hoping I have in fact made the right choice in choosing Davison to get my idea off the ground and in front of potential manufacturers. We will see.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Surprisingly, when one comes up with a possible BREAKTHROUGH invention idea, after the initial euphoria subsides, a flood of anxious thoughts follows. What do I do NEXT? If I use an "invention assist" company, will they STEAL my idea? After I tell them, why would they need me thereafter? (etc.) But after summoning the wherewithal to go with Davison, it has been a uniquely POSITIVE experience in my life!

Davison - first & foremost - is a company of INTEGRITY. The people are honest; extremely helpful; and understanding of how a new inventor feels about bringing his idea to fruition. Mr ** has been especially helpful and generous with his time; and I am supremely confident in his guidance & experience in helping inventors like me realize his dream. I would recommend Davison to anyone who has ever faced the problem of transforming a novel, practical idea into reality.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I was very suspicious in the beginning. Still not happy with the fact that I have to pay so much money to get the help because I cannot afford to learn how to and to do it myself. Especially since the return will be very slow and small in the beginning. But I have no other better choice at the moment and someone else will think of this and launch it if I don't. Which leads me into the best part of the rating: Katelynn **: Katelynn encouraged me so much that just the emtional and psychological rewards would be worth the cost of trying and losing money vs. never trying. (Not her words, she only kept acknowledging and encouraging me about the full think through). She has worked hard and been consistent to help me along. I was like dead weight, but she kept treating me with respect. She was so excited about my idea and kept prompting me to go with what I had available.

I really couldn't afford to pay anyone to help me and that $895 is a lot of already necessary budget money, I had to work out. I had to give up some urgent important stuff for it - like put phone on hold, use no electricity at home, etc. to wrench the money lose. But Katelynn just kept helping me believe it would all be worth it. She never even downed one thought I had, and gently encouraged me on shifts in thinking that I needed to keep moving forward. She's the reason I'm still moving forward with this.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Coming up with an invention IDEA and found someone to patent it and make it for me and put it on the market in stores all over for a one time fee and they get only 10% and I get 90% of each product sold and the one time fee. They will work with you. Black Friday during the month they have a sale. So much percent discount on your whole bill. I was making Easily monthly payment and then I paid a big amount Black Friday and the month of black friday they saved me 200.00 dollars and it was paid in full thanks to them and Mickel. Now I gonna have a meeting with them and wait till they make my products and then the money will roll in every three months when they're sold. Signed Gary

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

So, I spoke with Mr. ** at Davison regarding my idea, he immediately became enthusiastic with me! Our conversation was so friendly and informative! He made it sound like they wanted to join MY team, so therefore I was even more excited about my idea. I have another idea so I thought I'd call invent help, STOP!!!! Let me save you the trouble!! I believe I spoke with someone named Kevin there. He rubbed me the wrong way in the BIGGEST way from the beginning!! First of all, he tried to give me the impression that I couldn't do ANY of it without them. He was not interested in anything I had to say, He was aggressively discouraging with the whole, "You need us, we don't need you" attitude. GO WITH DAVISON!!!! JS ~ #TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK. Don't wait or waste your time elsewhere, Davison is on your side! 100%.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I had very good advice and attention from Brian ** at Davison. I was a slow payment my fault. I almost threw my invention away until I called Brian. I'm ready to go all the way so let's take from here! Next step please! Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

Very excited to be working with this company. Would highly recommend. They get things done. I can't wait till my product is introduced to the world. My representative is so helpful and answers all that I have to ask. I'm so excited about them helping me with my dream.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

So far it has been great talking with your people. Helping me get this to move forward. My only question I keep forgetting to ask. Is that do you sell my idea to other companies to produce or those that can do it. Where I make a percentage of that money? That is something I forget to ask. Other than that So far I feel great about this. Just wonder if it goes to other companies for production they use my idea. Buy it from me each time they sell. Pay me % of of products sold? Like a way. Just that question. I hear it from other places do it. Didn't know this is what they do.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

My experience so far with Davison has been really good. My contact person was personable, friendly and reliable. He freely provided information and much-needed suggestions and advice. I felt like my vision and ideas were respected and embraced. I'd highly recommend Davison to anyone who's looking to bring their invention to life. Having this team beside me totally took the fear out of pursuing my dream!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2022

Sean ** is a wonderful asset to the Davison team! He is friendly, knowledgeable, and provides wonderful support and transparent communication, which is paramount when guiding one through an unknown process. The personalization of the Davison website to relate to the "common man" and the added personalization of attention from Sean provided a level of comfort in doing business with Davison over the competitor. I look forward to offering an additional review when we've reached the final stage of our project.

Davison Company Information