Davison

Davison

4.5/5 (102 ratings)

About Davison

Davison helps turn your invention and app ideas into real products. It focuses on making your products more marketable and offers assistance with development and packaging design. The company keeps your ideas confidential and guides you through the process of patenting and licensing.

Top Davison Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Verified

Joseph ** has been exceptionally well rounded with his amazing customer service throughout the process so far. He is very patient, informative, and punctual. Which has really help...

Verified

I would say that Davidson is the best of the best... they are helping me to bring it alive, and I am grateful for that. Also, my project Manager, Mr. **, is incredible... Overall,...

What is Davison?

Davison helps inventors turn their ideas into real products and mobile apps. It assists with idea and product development, marketing, design and patent licensing. Its customers’ products have included bakeware, pet supplies, health and wellness items, apps and more.

How does Davison work?

Davison helps creators at all stages of the invention process. The company can help with:

• Idea development
  • Product development
  • Pitches for licensing
  • Corporation options for licensing
  • Company pitches

The process starts with the Idea Security Agreement, which is legally binding and keeps your idea confidential. From there, if Davison finds your idea viable, its professionals help design your product. It offers 2D and 3D modeling, ideation sketches, virtual rendering, computer-aided design and 3D printing. It then assists in pitching your product to companies. Davison notes that while it introduces many products yearly, only a few make it to market.

How much does Davison cost?

Davison’s costs depend on your idea’s complexity and the services you need to develop it. There’s no charge for the initial staff consultation, but the website doesn’t specify typical price ranges for product development. However, it does note that the founder, George Davison, invested $30,000 in his first invention. Online reviews suggest its initial fees might fall between $300 to $900 and that prototypes can cost up to $12,000.

Davison FAQ

Where is Davison located?
Davison has two locations in Pennsylvania and one in Florida, but it works with clients all over the world.
How do I get started with Davison?
To get started with Davison, submit your idea through the Idea Security Agreement, a legally binding document that protects your idea’s confidentiality. Then, you’ll get a free staff consultation.
Who owns Davison?
Davison is owned by George Davison, who founded the company in 1989.
What’s it like to work with Davison?
Customers report good experiences with Davison — they say the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and communicative.

Is Davison a legit company?

Yes. It’s important to note that Davison was the target of two multimillion-dollar judgments from the Federal Trade Commission in the early 2000s, but no major issues with the company have been reported in the past decade or so. Ultimately, if you plan to move forward with an invention, it’s important to be confident in your idea’s quality, usefulness and need; otherwise, your investment might lead to little return.

Davison Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Katelynn has been fantastic helping us and explaining the steps along the way. When I reached out we had been selling our product almost 5 years in our restaurant and on our food trucks and although we knew we had came up with something major that had a lot of potential to sell everywhere, we had no idea where to even begin to expand to a bigger market. I filled out a application online not expecting a call back but in 2 days Katelynn was contacting me telling me about Davison and how they could help get our product manufactured and on shelves. She has been awesome and with us every step of the way!

It took us a little time to come up with the first amount of money with it being off season for our food trucks but she was patient and worked with us and even gave us a discount. We are so excited to be going into the next phase of this and I would definitely recommend Davison to other people out there. We were hesitant at first because I did fill the form out online and there is so many scams out there but this is 100% legit and a God send to us! Hopefully you will be seeing our product on local shelves soon.
Thanks,

Candace & Fredrick

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I have had the pleasure of working with Gary ** moving forward on one product idea and one app idea. He has the BEST disposition and attitude, always uplifting, informative, transparent and completely helpful! I look forward to working with Gary and the rest of the teams moving forward through the years as I look ahead with PLENTY more ideas to come to fruition! Also, the price to develop an idea is completely fair with plenty of deals & sales events that are great to utilize.

The policy of Davison’s to take your initial investment and roll it into another idea if you are ever to hit any brick walls, just makes investing into your ideas a fail proof reason to move forward as everyone should consider contributing to the world we all live in while encouraging the rest to use our inventive minds. Another example of the integrity Davison has and genuine interest in helping the world invent; especially here in the US where children aren’t encouraged enough to be inventors.

Original review: July 26, 2022

Happy with initial contact from Angelo, pleasant guy. To be honest I have no idea what am getting into here, I have paid what I would consider an initial large fee for what I thought was to get my idea designed, ready to present to clients selected by Davison, however I have had a call from the development team director today who again was very pleasant, friendly but indicated to me that there are further costs coming down the track before the idea is ready to present to clients.

He talked about installments or help with costs via sacrificing royalties which suggests these costs are going to be quite substantial. I am left now totally scratching my head thinking what have I got into here and what was the initial £650 down-payment for? I have a further scheduled call next week where I am sure I will be informed of further costs, options. I am open-minded about this and hoping I have in fact made the right choice in choosing Davison to get my idea off the ground and in front of potential manufacturers. We will see.

Original review: July 24, 2022

Surprisingly, when one comes up with a possible BREAKTHROUGH invention idea, after the initial euphoria subsides, a flood of anxious thoughts follows. What do I do NEXT? If I use an "invention assist" company, will they STEAL my idea? After I tell them, why would they need me thereafter? (etc.) But after summoning the wherewithal to go with Davison, it has been a uniquely POSITIVE experience in my life!

Davison - first & foremost - is a company of INTEGRITY. The people are honest; extremely helpful; and understanding of how a new inventor feels about bringing his idea to fruition. Mr ** has been especially helpful and generous with his time; and I am supremely confident in his guidance & experience in helping inventors like me realize his dream. I would recommend Davison to anyone who has ever faced the problem of transforming a novel, practical idea into reality.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I was very suspicious in the beginning. Still not happy with the fact that I have to pay so much money to get the help because I cannot afford to learn how to and to do it myself. Especially since the return will be very slow and small in the beginning. But I have no other better choice at the moment and someone else will think of this and launch it if I don't. Which leads me into the best part of the rating: Katelynn **: Katelynn encouraged me so much that just the emtional and psychological rewards would be worth the cost of trying and losing money vs. never trying. (Not her words, she only kept acknowledging and encouraging me about the full think through). She has worked hard and been consistent to help me along. I was like dead weight, but she kept treating me with respect. She was so excited about my idea and kept prompting me to go with what I had available.

I really couldn't afford to pay anyone to help me and that $895 is a lot of already necessary budget money, I had to work out. I had to give up some urgent important stuff for it - like put phone on hold, use no electricity at home, etc. to wrench the money lose. But Katelynn just kept helping me believe it would all be worth it. She never even downed one thought I had, and gently encouraged me on shifts in thinking that I needed to keep moving forward. She's the reason I'm still moving forward with this.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I am over the moon SATISFIED with this company. I've know about this company for over 15 years. My experience with this company has been nothing but EXCELLENT. I have mentioned and referred others who ask me where to go for guidance with their ideas and I only have one reply. DAVISON! I recently submitted another idea to Davison, and I pray on it daily for it to become a reality very soon. The Davison company has helped many people with their ideas that have been advertised and sold throughout the world. I too have purchased items not knowing they were products of Davison. I will continue to review their catalogs as they are updated with useful, sustainable, and economically outstanding items.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

So far, working with Davison has been a wonderful experience. It was easy to submit my idea and communication with the company started quickly. Matt O. has been so helpful guiding me through this exciting process. I look forward to seeing what we can create together.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

The way your organization is set up it's easy to see how you guys are successful. I really believe in the company. On my eventive project I the like way you do the step by step process to fully understand on how the project works.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Jason has been so fantastic to work with, I am always eager and excited to discuss this project with him. He has been extremely communicative with me about the process and is keeping me apprised of any changes that may be occurring.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Several years ago I had been "taken in" with the idea of self-publishing a book. It was about a 20 thousand dollar loss. Consequently, I was hesitant to move forward on my proposal. However, and this is important, it was Jason's telephone manner and obvious belief in my proposal that caused me to ante up the fees. Jason is the sole reason I decided to move forward with this.

Davison Company Information