Call toll free
4.48/5
Based on 187 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

C-BBB Rating
View More View More

1553 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I would like to thank Dave and his crew for taking my idea and put it on product and someday I would like to come down and see this big office of yours but anyway you people have a nice day and thank you. Thank you very much.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

My experience has been wonderful, it's been a long journey but I appreciate the team members you had working with me over the years to get my product paid for. They have been gracious, patient, kind, courteous and I thank you all for having great people working for a great company. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I like everything that Derba and the team is doing to help me out with inventing the Deramer for people with special needs. I look forward to working together to make it happen. Thanks to you all be bless psychological. If you need me I'll be right here. Once again thank you all.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The experience this far has been a breeze. Jarred is absolutely fantastic. Jarred has been the best with guidance throughout this process. And if I may say. I know that I have made the correct decision to go with Davison. I'm looking forward to more progress in the future. As we go through the process I feel extremely comfortable. And of course don't let me forget to mention. Everytime we have an phone appointment. Jarred has come in on time with the update and what to expect next. Thank you Jared!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

It's still to early to tell. But everything seems to be going great. So far the service has been good. Greg has been helpful. We will see in the near future how all this works out. I can't wait. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

This is all new to me. I presented my idea & They are very Helpful in all the right Phases of getting the ball rounding. They asked the right Questions and told me about the Company and its Owner. I was told what an Awesome Company it is and how Companies look forward to see any new Products they are working on. I am so Happy to be working with such a Great Company. Thank you very much.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

So far I have sent in my idea, had it reviewed. Paid the fees required to move forward with my idea. I hope to see my invention on shelves one day, but regardless. Hands down excellent experience so far...

Original review: July 31, 2018

Mark ** was very helpful when I started this journey. Then I was handed off to David **. He was Awesome and helped me know all the facts before I decided to move forward. He did not pressure me which helped me make an educated decision.

Original review: July 31, 2018

I am very happy to have had the opportunity to join the Davison team. My project supervisor was always very helpful and provided me with amazing information on what I should be expecting. I have already recommended Davison to my friends, I look forward to seeing the final results.

Original review: July 31, 2018

So far Chad has been great! It is early days for me. We have met over the phone three times and each time has been very clear and the calls have arrived right on time. As I am in Australia, Chad has been flexible with when he called and has also considered my weekends etc. The process seems straightforward so far. I am hoping to continue my work with Davison and to take this product to the public. Very exciting!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Natalia is your companies rep whom is corresponding with me. She is an absolute delight and professional and an asset to your company. I'm just excited now to continue to work with Davidson and get the product launched. Thank you.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Do not trust Davison. I have paid them over $10,000 for my idea along with the patent. They showed my idea to 1 company. They were helpful and communicated with me up until they got my money. Then I was strung along for months, being patient I waited. Finally they told me that my idea was not going to be accepted by the 1 company that it was presented. They then wanted me to pay another $375 to show it to another company. I ask them to send me a prototype. OMG!!! It's trash!!! I am so upset. I am looking into a class action suit. Please contact me if you wish to join. This company promises false hope and simply steals your money.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I was skeptical at first, my husband laughed at my ideas. Lindsey has been my rock! She has helped me through the whole process. I have submitted 2 inventions and just started an app. Davison’s team has been great, they helped me perfect my ideas and make them into a success. I will update my review after my app is finished!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

So far so good, very informed, easy to talk with. Looking forward to our next meeting. This is very exciting to work a idea with a super company that can take on a project and transform it into a vision and a product for use in our great country and even overseas. Thank you for going forth with my idea.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Good information is provided. The explanations were clear. The system of having an overview, then going step by step is very helpful. Best of all, the Davison people I've talked with are always willing to take time and answer questions.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Years of accumulating ideas to make people's daily life easier, I just joined the Davison with one of my fantastic ideas... :-) My first contact and the only one so far was With Janine **. She walked me through the process very professionally. Now the idea is in the R&D stage, and I am excited to see the development taking place and to see the final product.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I thought I would give this a try. My husband laughed at me and told me I was crazy. My word the efficiency and enthusiasm over my project has blown me away. I never thought in my wildest dreams, that I could invent something. Thank you for believing in me.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I never heard of Davison before and this is a great opportunity for me to get my product out there. So far the experience is good. A little shady on the money portion of it. I really do not know how much it is going to cost. How long until I get the money coming back in to pay for what I invested in?

Original review: July 9, 2018

Thank you for working with me and my wife on this idea. We have many more. Just waiting to see where this one goes. We are looking forward to working with y'all in all of the ideas we have. We think they will do really good.

Original review: July 8, 2018

The team at Davison has been with me every step of the way to make my vision come to life! I'm so happy I found them to help make my dreams become reality. They have been very informative and kept me up to date on any changes or suggestions they may have needed for my projects to be a success. Yes I would definitely recommend a friend.

Original review: July 6, 2018

The process takes longer than I had hoped. But much of the delay was due to me. I am looking forward to a prototype being made, talking with some companies, and hopefully seeing my product on retail store shelves. Ed ** has been very good and patient with me. I appreciate that.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Having paid the initial pre-development fee, I have been satisfied with Davison’s follow-up. Any doubts I have so far relate to the potential success of my idea. I hope that the proposal I receive from Davison will settle those doubts.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My Health Floss Idea - I would like to Thank all of the People involved; with helping me as I make the important investment in planting seeds for my Long-time Vision to take Root; and my expectation of bringing me back a huge Harvest, not just for myself, but for my Family, Friends, and Church!

Original review: July 3, 2018

Working with Davison (Jamie **) has been a pleasure. I never ever felt pushed when working with her. It’s been a pleasure working with this company. I look forward to working with her in the final stage of invention.

Original review: July 2, 2018

So far so good. I have been well informed. I hope it’s a successful partnership and get a licence. I don’t know what else to say as it’s been just a week, but the person I have spoken to has been very professional unlike me. This is why I need a company to deal with my invention, again I hope it’s a success.

Original review: July 2, 2018

My project manager Francis ** has been a very professional and friendly person the whole pre development process and I’m very excited to continue on my invention journey. The following steps are gonna be the real deal so hopefully everything works out smoothly. Very happy with everything so far. Can’t wait to see the outcome of my project! I highly recommend the company if you are interested in making your idea a reality!

Original review: July 2, 2018

Really helpful and explains everything. Lots of contact and keeping me up to date of where we are up to with the project (Raised dog trays). Really confident that my idea will do good. Can't wait to see end product. Without your help I wouldn't have got anywhere with getting this off the ground. Thank you.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I have felt very comfortable with the information I have received, and Danielle has explained the whole process to me and making sure that I am understanding everything. So Happy that I chose this company and would definitely recommend to others.

Original review: July 2, 2018

In all the communications that I have had with this company, they were pleasurable and informative. I especially like the policy to inform clients of any specials that are currently taking place. If all goes well this idea should be advantageous to both parties.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I am very happy with my experience, and with how much it costs to actually get my invention done. I am also happy with how helpful Chad ** was with explaining everything, and how he took me step by step with how it works, and making sure that I got all my questions answered, and to the best of his ability.

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

Pittsburgh
PA
www.davison.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business