Call toll free
4.56/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1664 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

From my first hour, I've had pleasant and confidence building experience. The representative is courteous and respectful and feel encouraged, he and Davison staff will remain so. I look forward to the nine step experience as more than a market exercise but a lesson of life. Thank you for your assistance.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

As a disabled man with time on his hands, I had seen a commercial on T.V. about invention help. I took my idea to a company I had never had any relation with. This company was Davison. Their representatives contacted me and contracts were signed. They seem very professional with a crazy fun atmosphere in which to apply their skills. Videos were sent to me as well as pictures that proved their capabilities with other projects. They are currently working on my idea and although I have yet to see my/our results, I believe in them! I can't wait for the final product and its ability to make money.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Easy top sheet - Thanks so much for helping me make this a reality. It means so much to me and my family. I can't wait to see what happens now, to see them on the store shelves and see how people react to them.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Told me everything was great and they did nothing but take my money. I called the company. They pitched my idea too and was told by the company to not invest another dime with Davison Group and they have nothing to do with my product. Then I googled Davison Group and saw they had been successfully sued for being a ** corporation and lying to investors, whatever it takes to get you to invest. They own my idea, not me.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Davison is extremely professional. Davison defines success. My experience that I experienced with Davison is one in a trillion. Davison adds a dimension to the galaxy which Davison is in a world and league of their own! A brilliant mind is a terrible thing to waste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

So far, I have been treated very respectfully. I have tried to present my idea with other companies but they were unwilling to help me. I had asked one to send me the terms before proceeding and I was told to come up with money first. When I first was in contact with you I was told I would receive it before I even asked. Ryan has been great and I appreciate that. I really do hope to eventually meet with the people who take my idea. I am not one who will make a bad impression for you. I am looking forward to getting things going. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I am thankful to Mr. Jamie **. He reached out to me by telephone in January of this year, to inquire about the status of my account. I told him that I believed in my project. However, I didn't have the funds necessary for getting the project funded. He encouraged me to take one step at a time until I finally got through the first step. I will forever be so grateful to him. And I am especially thankful to God and I believe with God and Davison will continue to help me get through this entire journey.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

I've got great relationship with the company that are people oriented. The process is seamless, well constructed and pleasurable experience. Also very informative with knowledgeable agents. Remembering that the journey begins with the single step. I particularly appreciate the shared enthusiasm of my project with scheduled contact updates. Truly refreshing experience. Thanks. Yes, I will highly recommend.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I paid them over 7500. They did very little. Took months to get 1 page of graphic design. And months to do a 1 paragraph product description, and now can not get anyone to call me back. It's been a complete waste of money.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

My experience with Davison has been a good experience. I decided that Davison was the right choice for me and I stuck to my dreams. Danielle ** is a good person and through our work I am proud Danielle helped me to realize my potential as an inventor. I think this is what I was born to do. Thank you Davison for helping me with my ideas.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I really like the service and the idea of creating something and moving thoughts food for thought as they say. The whole point of it is more than just two words. I want people to think of multiple things if not 10 things and try to solve problems and change things for the better. And I really like talking to Joe **. He is a very respectable, knowledgeable and seems like an honest guy. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I had a fun experience with this opportunity and the very best help through the entire process. The incentives off helped me a lot to get it finished paid for. I hope that the design and development team have fun with making this dream come true for me. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to have something developed and don't know how to do it. Thanks again to all the staff and their help getting my dream off the ground.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

So far my experience has been great! I'm working with Chadd and he is an amazing person. Looking forward to continue working with everyone. One day hope to meet the rest of the staff. It's been a fun ride so far.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Everything was on point thus far when it came to something that was unclear to me. Project manager Jermaine ** was patient and thurl in his explanations about my project. Now I can focus on my very own invention in the most meaningful way.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

I have had half a dozen "get started" experiences with Joe. Right now, I'm not far enough into the process to offer a meaningful rating. Joe is obviously a skilled professional. Perhaps you will accord me another chance to evaluate the whole project.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have really enjoyed working with Angelo **. His customer service and professionalism has been a 'VERY REFRESHING" change from the normal customer services I get at most places. His knowledge about the processes and next steps has been very helpful. And Yes I will refer a friend to Davison!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I am excited for this new adventure and feel that we are in good hands that my invention idea is safe. The process is detailed but organized. I appreciate Kaitlyn’s patience and guidance throughout this entire process. I can’t wait to work together on other ideas.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

My experience with Daniel has been an exceptional one. His inspiration is very contagious. He really makes a person feel very positive about what the wish to achieve. Whether or not my product makes it or not it is a pleasure to do business with him and the Davison Organization. I have other ideas in my mind to eventually move forward on.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Deborah ** has been my client contact person. She has been great to work with and I appreciate her insight and interest in helping me get my product into manufacturing. I am hopeful, I will be able to get my product into manufacturing if there is interest by manufacturer? Looking forward to the continued development.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I have enjoyed every bit of it so far. I get to have an adventure stress free and come out ahead. Darren listened to how I want things to go and taught me important aspects about the industry. I would definitely recommend this company!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

My wife has had this idea to create a device to help control purse snatches for a while. I think it's a very good idea and has expandability possibility. Davison has made it possible to pursue a dream of helping a problem see has been 1st hand experienced. She had her purse snatched in a local mall and had to run down the thief.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Undercabinet tissue holder - Walked me through the parts of the process of getting invention from start to finish. Answered all my questions. This company was exactly what I was looking for when I first made the first prototype. Can’t wait for the next step in this process.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My first communication was with Debbie. Her knowledge and overall explanations were concise. We scheduled a tour. It started with Donna and Tony was our guide. The office was futuristic, but when the wall opened it was fantastic! I would compare the experience to Epcot, which means Mr. ** is on a level with Walt Disney. Although Debbie had me at "Hello", the facility and it's capabilities cemented my decision to commit with INVENTIONLAND! We started the process on the deck of the Red House and within the inspiring environment, collaborated our creativity and took the first step forward. I'm confident our success.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

It has been a wonderful experience. They are professional and a true pleasure to be in partnership with in bringing my vision to life. Thank you so much and I would recommend them wholeheartedly and without reservation. They have made the process easy for me and they really make you feel like family.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

How much longer on back hair removal. I started the process over a year ago. I am bored with it. I want to move on to next project. How much longer before we file a patent started it October 25 2017. I want to move on to dragon and all others invention.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Tonette is very thorough in discussing and going over all the details of my proposed invention. She is also extremely personable and understanding. I am having a wonderfully positive experience in bringing my idea to fruition. It has been great working with her.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Matt with Davison has been nothing but professional, friendly, helpful, he welcomes me like family. I'm very appreciated of him. My experience is 100% of this company trying to help me move forward with my invention. Thank you all for your help to the entire team. Much appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Easy to use. Easy to deal with! Very nice and simple process as they walk you through each step of the way! I would recommend to anyone to use them. If I have another idea I will be going back to them for sure!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My experience working with Joseph ** has been wonderful. I interviewed around 7 different invention companies, but chose Davison because Joseph is honest and doesn't placate the client. People are usually very emotionally attached to their invention ideas, so it would be easy to flatter them and present unrealistic expectations. Also, Davison was the only company that included the disclaimers that are required by law. Of the seven companies, Davison is not the cheapest, but their not the most expensive.

Plus, they're completely turnkey in that they offer everything: concept development, CAD drawings, patenting, prototype design and manufacturing, proof of concept testing, production of manufactured samples, creation of marketing materials, outreach to companies for licensing or sales, finding the right manufacturing companies if the client doesn't want to license the product, etc. They've been in business longer than any of the others and have strong connections with the big retail outlets. I can't wait for the adventure to unfold as both Davison and I reap the financial rewards of success. I have several other ideas I want to develop in the future, so a strong relationship with Davison/Joseph is very important to me. As we walk this exciting road together, Davison will feel like a part of my family. Joseph, send me your adoption papers!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I couldn't have asked for a better experience after finally turning in my invention idea. Michael ** and Davison have helped me become excited again and have new hope for something I held on to for too long. With every meeting I feel more and more confident that I turned to the right people and the right place. The future is looking brighter with Davison on my side!!

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs