Call toll free
4.57/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

A-BBB Rating
View More View More

1694 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

My experience working with Joseph ** has been wonderful. I interviewed around 7 different invention companies, but chose Davison because Joseph is honest and doesn't placate the client. People are usually very emotionally attached to their invention ideas, so it would be easy to flatter them and present unrealistic expectations. Also, Davison was the only company that included the disclaimers that are required by law. Of the seven companies, Davison is not the cheapest, but their not the most expensive.

Plus, they're completely turnkey in that they offer everything: concept development, CAD drawings, patenting, prototype design and manufacturing, proof of concept testing, production of manufactured samples, creation of marketing materials, outreach to companies for licensing or sales, finding the right manufacturing companies if the client doesn't want to license the product, etc. They've been in business longer than any of the others and have strong connections with the big retail outlets. I can't wait for the adventure to unfold as both Davison and I reap the financial rewards of success. I have several other ideas I want to develop in the future, so a strong relationship with Davison/Joseph is very important to me. As we walk this exciting road together, Davison will feel like a part of my family. Joseph, send me your adoption papers!

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have found this company, through Joe **, to be dedicated, efficient, knowledgeable and fair. He is always interested in what I have to say, relevant or not. I know that he has MY best interest in heart. I am so lucky to have met Joe and Davison as it gives me a sense of security in my current venture. I would recommend this company to anyone seeking to bring their idea to market. After all, it does little good to never share your idea. That is selfish and self-defeating. If you can better the lives of others, such as customers, Davison's and yours, why not? There's plenty of profit to go round after a moderate amount of work by the right team, and I feel that I have found the RIGHT AND REPUTABLE TEAM, for which I was searching. I am very lucky to have stumbled onto to Davison!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My experience with Davison was very impressive and through them I felt that there was great hope that my thoughts would be realized and become projects, products or commodities that all diamonds around the world would be interested in. Here I would like to point out a very important point: I was confirmed by my direct interaction with the new project manager, Mr. Mohamed **, who was and continues to follow me and communicate with me and interested in every big point or small in an effort to promote the idea to become a project or product unique and unique.

One of the most important advantages to deal with Mr. Mohammed ** for me personally is that he is nice, creative, persevering and educated and has the experience to ensure that he acts professionally, and although the success of the project will return the owner of the idea moral and material output, but added to the history of the achievements of Davidson. Through my interaction with Davison and my personal experience, I have the assurance that we will make miracles if we can hold on to each other's hands very well. But let me point out some important remarks. I have a hard time when I need to communicate with Mr. Mohammed ** when I call him. The employee of the PBX takes a time that I feel is relatively long to answer the phone and there may be a lot of communication.

To be addressed to address the problem, and then turn the connection and the call back to the PBX automatically to be followed by the employee of the divider again, but had to contact several times to no avail, so it is suggested to activate the return of the call to the employee of the division in case not answered by the employee concerned.

And the second observation Which is very important is the need to communicate with the customer by written messages for each stage or step or decision, and this is right because the link and the relationship between the company and the client is the signing of an agreement containing conditions, so I would like to say that the closure of the file of my first project which the company expressed its inability of the follow-up and service, because the project provided by Davidson did not do such a type and size of a large global project, which required that Davidson obtain special licenses, and it is here to remind you of the name of the project (Tripil S). Therefore, I hope that the administration will take a serious interest because such topics are an opportunity to raise the company and its prosperity and the breadth of its experience and the efficiency of its reputation to continue with some grow and succeed and excel and shine.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I have been working with Brandon 99 and he is doing an amazing job of explaining to me what the process is and what steps are taking place to make my idea a reality. He is great about contacting me when I need him to and has made this process a great experience. He's upbeat, helps keep me focused on the steps right in front of me, and makes sure I have what I need to know about Davison as a whole. I am so glad that he and I get to work together. The process Davison has as a whole make me very excited that my idea can become a reality and that I will have guidance to fulfill my goals. The fees are reasonable, the help is such a blessing, and overall my whole experience has been a very positive one so far. Would definitely recommend.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I'm very happy so far. I'm excited about the possibilities of my invention and never could have thought about doing this on my own. Everything has been very wonderful so far and look forward to the next steps. A few things that may help your process improve are: 1. Include an payment option in the process of your current contract process. Taking credit cards by phone is always a higher charge to you as a company than transacting via the web. Authorize.net is a good processor and you can save money and streamline your process by including a form during the contract process where it asks you to click your option for payment. 2. Include an image drop-box at the end of your online contract process. This will enable a new inventor to easily upload images of drawings or prototypes for their ideas.

For example, when I tried to send Terrance all 10 pictures of my prototype, the email server rejected my email because it exceeded the limit. You're really doing a fantastic job and those are just kind suggestions that would enhance your company. And... I hope you guys have a few ping pong tables there because inventors love ping pong!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: March 24, 2019

Davison are still ripping people off. You are a mug if you send them money and your invention. What's stopping them saying your idea good idea and making it them selfs. They are smooth talker. I lost my money. They are con merchant. I lost 10 thousands + dollars. Be warned.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Hi my wife and I called Davison with an idea and had no money. David ** has been working with us for almost a year making payments and giving us a chance to get our invention out there. What a great guy and awesome company. They will help you get your idea wherever you need it to go. We recommend Davison Inventions to everyone that needs help with their inventions. Thank You, David ** & Krystal **.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I want to thank Adam, for helping me get my project started, and Davison for helping out with my idea, awesome company and awesome staff. I’m so excited for getting this far, with the help of Davison, once again thank you.

Davison response

Awesome review! Thank you, David!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Pleasant interaction; however, I have insufficient data at this time to ascertain whether anything will transpire. Enjoyed the videos, the CBS information, and the concept of Inventionland. However, I still have insufficient data to determine how it will affect me specifically.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

So far it has been a terrific company to work with. I'm new to this, yet Mike has walked me throughout the programme. I'm delighted to have chosen the Davison group. I contacted other companies in this field, when comparing each one, it was the Davison hands down.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Jamie and Ed have both kept me informed about my invention and the process. Thank you so very much guys for keeping me in the loop. And the encouragement has been wonderful. Thanks to you too Mr Davison for choosing my Aqua Paws idea.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I would like to thank everyone on board that works for Davison facility. A great big hug for accepting my idea, regarding my doggy door curtains. I totally realize that I am not saying or talking to anybody regarding my idea, except for the Davison family, so thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

We have only just started working with Davison on our project. Kaylee has been very helpful and enthusiastic about our idea. So far it had be very informational and we look forward to working with the Davison company on our idea.

Davison response

Wonderful to hear, Byron!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Haven't got too far into my project yet, but I can say that so far I have no complaints in any area of service. I would definitely recommend this company to a friend. The people at Davison are great. Make me feel like I've known them my whole life. I can't wait to get more into this project. I also have ideas for the future & I promise I wouldn't go anywhere else but Davison.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

So far I have enjoyed my experience. I can't wait to get to the next stage in the process. I've enjoyed my talks with Mike **. I like the secured confidentiality agreement screen I signed at the beginning of this process. Thanks a lot Davison.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My initial contact, David **, was very helpful in explaining the process. David was enthusiastic about my project and helped to raise my hopes that we [could] be successful. Today's scheduled meeting with my assigned VP, Jeffrey Sawyer was more boilerplate and not what I expected. However, I am looking forward to our phone meeting next Monday where I'm hopeful that more information about my specific project will be discussed.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I very satisfied. Ryan is very informative and explanatory and follows up each week. I learning new things each week about the steps to bringing an invention to life. Very grateful for all the help and for this company and for the help that Ryan ** is giving me to help me understand the process.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I am in the pre-development phase with Davison. We have had one telephone meeting. I am looking forward to see what research and development occurs with my idea. The level of communication has been good thus far. I look forward to continuing the relationship. Excited to progress!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have only good comments regarding my experience with Davison. It is very early in our relationship, Ms. Kaylee ** has been very helpful, respectful and professional. I just met John over the phone minutes ago, he has a very positive, strong and capable phone presence. I'm looking forward to working with Davison to help so many people. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Mr ** has been very helpful in answering any and all questions that I have had. He even took a call from me over the weekend. All in all my experience has been outstanding. I will thank Mr. ** myself on our phone call today. Thank you all.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Comparable Hair Dryer - I thank Davison for being patient with me. I must admit it took a while and I finally could go on to the next step. Thank you for getting me there and thank you for the deduction. I am ready for the next step.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Darren has been friendly, easy to talk to, he listens to what I have to say. Darren answer all my questions, in a manner that I can understand, his feedback is very helpful. Darren has followed through with everything he said he would do. In short I like working with Darren.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I've been extremely impressed with Davison invention. I feel totally confident that I chose the right organization to bring out the best in my ideas. I'm totally pleased with the staff and the person managing my account Miss Lindsay **. She's been very helpful very patient and very consistent. So far I've had the great experience leading up to pre-development.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

It has taken me so long to get this going. I want to thank you for your patience. I'm very happy to get the belly vac up and on the way to help people. I'm so looking forward to getting belly vac on the market! I can't wait to find out the next step. Thank you all! Here's to making this happen!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Very polite, informative and professional, I would recommend Davison to a friend. If I have any more ideas, I will definitely contact Davison to get my idea out there and seen. I’m happy with my decision to work with them.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My experience so far has been great! I certainly look forward to seeing my idea come to its fruition. Jeff has been very patient and concerned with me in this journey. I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I will definitely recommend to friends and family. Davison always keep me informed about all that's with the company and if I had any other ideas of my idea that's being created. I struggle a little on the way but Davison were very patient and understanding. I think that Davison company is the number one spot to get an idea of yours out in the future... and I also wanna shout out and say THANK YOU MR. **!!??

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Edward has been patience and understanding, while I paid my money on my invention, also very encouraging. I would always choose to work with him, and only him. He has not pushed, but let me move at a pace that I have been comfortable with, and for that I am thankful, he is truly a treasure.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

This is the best thing that ever happened to me when I got with y'all. Paul is a great. Guy. Thank you all. I am glad to be a part of the Davison family. I know I will be taking care of to the best way. I hope me and Paul can work on Many more things.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I appreciate the opportunity to slowly... pay on Predevelopment fee since I had major financial changes in my family. I quit work to help my mother get out of nursing home for her care to be provided by me in her home. The coupon just offered for use before the year ends helped me pay off the balance sooner.

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs