Davison

4.7/5 (137 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Davison

Davison helps turn your invention and app ideas into real products. It focuses on making your products more marketable and offers assistance with development and packaging design. The company keeps your ideas confidential and guides you through the process of patenting and licensing.

Top Davison Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Verified

Joseph ** has been exceptionally well rounded with his amazing customer service throughout the process so far. He is very patient, informative, and punctual. Which has really help...

Verified

I would say that Davidson is the best of the best... they are helping me to bring it alive, and I am grateful for that. Also, my project Manager, Mr. **, is incredible... Overall,...

What is Davison?

Davison helps inventors turn their ideas into real products and mobile apps. It assists with idea and product development, marketing, design and patent licensing. Its customers’ products have included bakeware, pet supplies, health and wellness items, apps and more.

How does Davison work?

Davison helps creators at all stages of the invention process. The company can help with:

• Idea development
  • Product development
  • Pitches for licensing
  • Corporation options for licensing
  • Company pitches

The process starts with the Idea Security Agreement, which is legally binding and keeps your idea confidential. From there, if Davison finds your idea viable, its professionals help design your product. It offers 2D and 3D modeling, ideation sketches, virtual rendering, computer-aided design and 3D printing. It then assists in pitching your product to companies. Davison notes that while it introduces many products yearly, only a few make it to market.

How much does Davison cost?

Davison’s costs depend on your idea’s complexity and the services you need to develop it. There’s no charge for the initial staff consultation, but the website doesn’t specify typical price ranges for product development. However, it does note that the founder, George Davison, invested $30,000 in his first invention. Online reviews suggest its initial fees might fall between $300 to $900 and that prototypes can cost up to $12,000.

Davison FAQ

Where is Davison located?
Davison has two locations in Pennsylvania and one in Florida, but it works with clients all over the world.
How do I get started with Davison?
To get started with Davison, submit your idea through the Idea Security Agreement, a legally binding document that protects your idea’s confidentiality. Then, you’ll get a free staff consultation.
Who owns Davison?
Davison is owned by George Davison, who founded the company in 1989.
What’s it like to work with Davison?
Customers report good experiences with Davison — they say the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and communicative.

Is Davison a legit company?

Yes. It’s important to note that Davison was the target of two multimillion-dollar judgments from the Federal Trade Commission in the early 2000s, but no major issues with the company have been reported in the past decade or so. Ultimately, if you plan to move forward with an invention, it’s important to be confident in your idea’s quality, usefulness and need; otherwise, your investment might lead to little return.

Davison Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Coming up with an invention IDEA and found someone to patent it and make it for me and put it on the market in stores all over for a one time fee and they get only 10% and I get 90% of each product sold and the one time fee. They will work with you. Black Friday during the month they have a sale. So much percent discount on your whole bill. I was making Easily monthly payment and then I paid a big amount Black Friday and the month of black friday they saved me 200.00 dollars and it was paid in full thanks to them and Mickel. Now I gonna have a meeting with them and wait till they make my products and then the money will roll in every three months when they're sold. Signed Gary

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

So, I spoke with Mr. ** at Davison regarding my idea, he immediately became enthusiastic with me! Our conversation was so friendly and informative! He made it sound like they wanted to join MY team, so therefore I was even more excited about my idea. I have another idea so I thought I'd call invent help, STOP!!!! Let me save you the trouble!! I believe I spoke with someone named Kevin there. He rubbed me the wrong way in the BIGGEST way from the beginning!! First of all, he tried to give me the impression that I couldn't do ANY of it without them. He was not interested in anything I had to say, He was aggressively discouraging with the whole, "You need us, we don't need you" attitude. GO WITH DAVISON!!!! JS ~ #TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK. Don't wait or waste your time elsewhere, Davison is on your side! 100%.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I'm very happy with how things are going. I am going to stay a bit reserved though just because this year has been a nightmare for me. I've had so many things happen and go wrong that I'm terrified that things might not work out the way I'm hoping. Really it's me, not the company. From the first day up until now things are going great. The person that I'm working with has been very helpful and has really made me feel like this is a great idea. He's been supportive, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and energetic. He's really made me think that maybe this time, this one thing can and will work out. That things are going to start getting better. I'm very happy and grateful that I found this company to help me with my idea.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

I have had a few inspirations over the years. My first idea was a roofing removal tool. I started receiving parts to assemble. I looked up patents only to find my idea came out a year earlier. Davison has three ideas of mine on paper and has walked with me down a path. With the words and encouraging faith In Jason and his staff we are going full speed ahead to succeed in all three going to industry and market at my speed.

Although Jason sometimes seems preoccupied in our conversations I'm not in the office to see what may have just came over the desk. I'm sure my future and ideas are in the back of his mind at times as he is handling 3 of mine alone. Well my overall future relationship with Davison looks GREAT! So needless to say Jason is my best asset and I couldn't be more pleased with Davison. Thank you. Regards, Dale

Original review: June 26, 2021

It was an amazing experience how you put everything together especially the portfolio. I really appreciate you taking the idea and what you made out of it looks good as in quality. I am very thankful and grateful for your help and everything you have done to make my idea and turn it in a nice quality headset for parents, truckers, motorcyclist and many more. This will now help especially parents who struggling with kids trying to make it to all their appointments although we can not control kids and their behavior. We can put our headsets on without getting a ticket until the child calms themselves down. No more stopping 10 times to the doctors office stressed out with anxiety and panic attacks because the behavior now we can both calm ourselves down until we can communicate and talk to each other properly.

No more anxiety attacks. No more explanation of trying to keep your appointments you were late to. No more rescheduling and now we have a headset that is legal to wear while driving. We now create safety first. This will help a lot of struggling parents especially single mothers or father's. I really enjoyed the process and how nicely you put everything together. Once again I thank for everything you do to make it possible. You just solved and came up with a solution in which in which I promise almost every parent in America struggle with. Thank you. I know those that buy this product would be thankful to have a solution that. Helps them make their appointments or taking the kids to day care trying not to be late for work. Your really did an amazing job and I am so proud. And thankful and grateful for everything you have done to make this all possible.

Original review: May 2, 2022

I grew up riding bikes early on my life and a curiosity stuck to me about the energy generated by my bike turning on a light by a wheel spinning around. Now at 57 and things changing, my house will not be enough to take care of my children when I’m gone. That’s when my head went BUSY and armed my self with the best company to help me take care of my family. Best on the business and a great coach and great motivator like Mr. ** to take me step by step to spend the wheel and have power for all.

Original review: May 2, 2022

Just started working with Ammon **. No issues. This is all very new to me and hope to get more comfortable with the entire concept. Have another session plan for Tuesday at 9:00 am. Looking forward to the next step.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I am very pleased with my experience with Davison. I can not give them enough credit! The staff have been great and very helpful. They go above and beyond - with a big shout out to Jason especially. A truly professional company who put their clients first. The experience and knowledge of Davison shines out through their staff, they give you confidence in your pursuit of getting a product to market. Ten out of ten.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Don't trust this company. They have 2 lawsuits going against them. They will steal your money and won't do nothing for you. They stole $25k from me. Read the reviews on BBB, they are not good. Frank ** at Davison is the biggest crook. They are a bunch of liars.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Great experience! I had an idea and Davison made it happened, thanks for the great communication, excellent people that are ready to help you with your invention. Highly recommended all. Definitely be back with my new idea. But for now all be excited to see mi invention on stores.

Davison Company Information