4.37/5
Based on 111 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 25 years, Davison has developed and refined a concrete, affordable method to help prepare and present our clients' extraordinary products for possible licensing. It is our goal to take your vision and bring your product to life.

We understand that your invention is important to you, so we strive to present every manufacturer, corporation and/or retailer with a top of the line design that is sure to ignite their interests. From market/patent research to prototypes, we work to make sure you are thoroughly satisfied in every aspect of the invention process.

C-BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 18, 2018

1470 Davison Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Davison has been awesome up til this point in the process! They have been very clear and helpful through this exciting time. Donald has done a great job at walking me through the process and I cannot wait til we hit the market!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

So far the process is evolving, from an idea in my head to an APP idea on paper. Lots of work ahead, so I hope that's going to be also challenging, is making this successful for all mobile users, and drivers which are going to be our customers.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Just satisfied with your follow up on your clients, rather you love to finish what you started. Excellent job. I hope to have a very good understanding with your company. I am looking forward to seeing such relationship. Hope to hear from you soon so that we may know the way forward.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I can’t complain with what I have already experienced. My idea is barely getting started... all the info given to me is pretty straightforward so far. Nathan has called every time. He says he will. I hope I made the right choice in company to launch my idea and I hope they answer all my questions.

Original review: April 13, 2018

It has been a long slow process for me to get this dream to become a reality. Without your friendly, professional and patient staff from Ashley **, David **, and Brandon **. I would have gave up a long time ago!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: April 12, 2018

Misleading, Dissatisfied and a waste of money. They wanted a lot of money to get my invention marketed while stating not guaranteed to get a successful outcome. Overall people, seek legal advice first, before being naive like I was and basically donating to deep pocket crooks. I did not give any more money once I found out that investing more money that there was no guarantee in return to any potential profit.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I would most definitely recommend this company to people who has inventing dreams as I do. This is a blessing to me and I'm so thankful they gave me a chance and believed in me. They don't just give you a chance they push you to believe in yourself and for that I will forever be grateful for them.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Milk Teeth Souvenir Project - So far my experience is great and making me more excited about seeing the final outcome. I have to admit that the project assigned to my project gave me more confidence in Davison. Bear in mind that we still have more to go.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Low watt distribution - This system uses a WiFi based platform to supply power to any devices that is compatible to the system by using a similar password to access the service just like how we access the internet at your home. Also the frequency should be adjustable depending on the size of the item or how much power it needs.

Original review: April 6, 2018

So far I am very pleased with the way Davison has helped me with the start-up process of my idea! They called me every week & was very excited about moving it forward! Looking forward to the future and great success with the help of Davison!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Thank you so much. My dreams are coming true. Davison Company has helped me in every way. BRIAN is my guide. He helped me every step. He helped me to know this is my invention and my dream. I'm a Cancer survivor 2 times. I'm thankful for everyone's help. THANK YOU DAVISON ķ & DAVIDSON FOR EVERYTHING.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Well so far it's been great. Joseph has been really nice and has helped me a lot and I can tell he loves what he does and very good at it and also I like how y'all give the option for payments and thing like that... Thanks and I can't wait to see how thing turn out in the future working with Davison.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Starting the process was scary. I hesitated, procrastinated, and doubted myself and the company as well due to reading so many negative reviews. However, I now feel very confident and am happy that I finally decided to move forward. Thanks Katelynn **.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Never pushy, always on time, appointments are on time, very professional and Mr. Mike is a very understanding person try to help you anyway he can. Me and my wife look forward Karen this project to the end and I hope. Your company will work with us. I'm looked at other companies and they will not work with you. All they want is your money and Lead You Down a dark Road and I hope I don't get this with this company. Thanks.

Original review: March 23, 2018

It has been awesome working with Davison. Everyone has been very positive in moving things forward to bring my idea to life. I have enjoyed thus far working with Patty and her team. She has been very inspiring to me. She has made me feel so special and very much a part of the team.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My experience has been two part, one education about the process for me and how the partnership can work and two friendship. I haven't had contact with the other members of Davison but through Mike, I feel I know them as acquaintances. Needless to say after that statement my Davison experience has been great and well supported with a goal of getting my product to market. I would highly recommend this company for all inventors that don't have the knowledge to get their idea to the world.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Davison reached out and called me in my cell phone last summer in 2017 and asked me if I had any ideas for inventions. After that moment I started to have idea after idea and submitted the ideas to Davison to see if we can come up with a new product that would sell. The first product was called Mototubes I designed. They are intertube sleds for kids and families. The second one we are working on is PDA Police Force iPads. An overall scheduling and iPad with the police force database on it as well as other apps installed in it that the police use. For example it will have a thumbprint decoder on the bottom right corner to identify anyone with fake ids etc.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I feel this company is a great company to work with and they also stay on top of all information and make sure that they have the most up to date information at all times. They are very thorough and keep the greatest communication with the customer so that if there is any changes or updates occur they will know.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I spoke with Jason and John. I must say they both provided me with not only satisfactory but amazing customer service. They’re easy to talk to and they’re approachable. I’m glad they took care of me when I needed all of my questions answered and doubts cleared. I hope my journey with Davison continues to be one of growth and success! Thanks.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I never expected to submit my idea. It was only by chance that I even found Davison. I'm sure there are thousands of people like me that had some idea but with no way to start the kind of work that Davison does for their clients. I was surprised to hear back from them. When I got the call I thought to myself wow I can do this and they want to help me get started, they want me to succeed. So far I am still in the very early stages of this process but I have had their support from the very first phone call. You will never know until you try and Davison should be where you start. They want you to succeed.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I'm very happy to be working with you, I hope we can bring this hidden tailgate to life together. To see this in every pickup truck, I believe in God and I know all things work through the blessing of God. I thank god for all of you at Davison...

Original review: March 18, 2018

In November 2016 I paid Davison $5,800 to get my product in front of US manufacturers. Initially service seemed to be VERY good. They identified a company who unfortunately would not sign a confidentiality agreement. As such I chose not to go with them. Since then I have not heard a word from Davison and neither will they respond to my emails or phone calls. In short, they have taken my money and run. I believe Davison are a scam. They talk a good talk but that's about how far it goes. I would recommend staying away from this company and not paying them a penny as you are unlikely to see anything in return.

Original review: March 16, 2018

The experience with Davison has been a pleasant one. The staff are very accommodating in all your concerns, needs, and questions. I currently have two products with them. I'm currently trying to placed these products out in the market. Most definitely more will followed in the near future.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Alarming Handbag Patent - My patent idea rested in Davison's hands/desk since 2008, before it was noticed and came to their attention that it could be feasible. I read somewhere, and understand, that: "our biggest failure is - by not trying". God bless all those who have good ideas.

Original review: March 15, 2018

So far I have had a great experience working with Davison. The PM I am working with directly has been very informative and helpful with my invention. They are also very prompt with calling at scheduled times and work around my schedule when needed. Thank you.

Original review: March 14, 2018

My app is not up and running yet, but so far the service I have received and the aide and encouragement has been nothing less than flawless. Joseph ** really knows what he is doing. If not for him I may not have continued to push forward with this project.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Ocwen and its representatives have been very helpful and understanding when things are rough with us and have done everything and met most of our expectations each time we request any.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I am very displeased with Davison. It cost me $16,000 and took over one year to get a prototype and patent. The people I work with at Davison will not return my calls. All communication is on their schedule. No one will listen to my input. I sent multiple drawings, pictures and videos illustrating what I was trying to accomplish and after a year it wasn't close to what I had envisioned, they did finally relent and offered to take the prototype they had envisioned and a drawing of what it was actually supposed to look like, or so they told me. It is a specialized piece of equipment, intended for a specialized market and suppliers that deal with these type of devices.

I gave Davison a list of these manufacturers but they will not contact them and after my invention was at the manufacture of Davison's choice for 3 months they decided they did not want it. So Davison wants another $395 to freshen up the prototype and send it to another manufacturer of their choice that does not produce these types of parts. When I call Davison I am told Mr. Davison does not take calls, I am sent to my representative in the licensing department's voicemail and am certain I will not get a callback. All I want is the prototype I paid for and I will take it to a manufacturer myself or to another firm I am working with. WARNING. This company will take you for a ride and squeeze every nickel they can from you!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I love Davison. They are very efficient knowledgeable with my idea. I would love to have them assist me with future ideas. I feel I'm with the right team. They can most definitely bring me forward. I see many of brilliant products that can be effective in our daily lives. What had impressed me was the man that came up with the idea of delaying the windshield wiper, then they made a movie about him. Very motivating.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Davidson Invention land is a scam - $5,800 dollars later and they have changed my invention so many times and sold me a price of paper. All the reviews are people in progress none completed. They send YouTube videos to get you to keep sending money and you will keep sending it till your broke and get nothing. Scam and they only want your money.

Davison.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Davison is a leading invention services company that has been in business for almost 30 years. Davison's team of over 250 employees works with inventors who don't yet have a fully developed idea. Products developed by Davison have sold in over 1,000 stores, and they secure an average of seven store placements for new products every month.

• Pre-patent help: Davison works with clients to develop an idea fully before seeking a patent. You can submit an idea online and receive feedback about what steps you should take next.

• Track record: They have a proven track record of getting products into stores. Their clients' products have been sold in The Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Ace Hardware, Toys R Us, Target, Petsmart, Amazon.com and more.

• Confidential: Davison works hard to protect the confidentiality of your idea, and signs an agreement with clients prior to accepting any new product ideas stating that they will not sell or develop their clients' ideas without written consent.

• Full service company: Davison's product development services include data and patent research, product design and development, prototyping and sample design and corporation targeting.

• Free information: You can access several resources on Davison's website to help you develop your idea, and you can also download a free Davison Inventing Method Information Guide.

• Best for: people with ideas for new products.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs