Accredited Partner

Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.73/5

Davison helps turn your invention and app ideas into real products. It focuses on making your products more marketable and offers assistance with development and packaging design. The company keeps your ideas confidential and guides you through the process of patenting and licensing.

BOTTOM LINE

Davison helps inventors turn ideas into products. Its binding security agreement keeps your ideas confidential, then it helps develop, design and package your product. It also assists with patents and licensing.

PROS

• Supports entire invention process
  • Helps with patents and licensing
  • Maintains confidentiality

CONS

• Can be pricey
  • Past lawsuits from FTC
Davison Call Now Toll Free (800) 544-3327 Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

Top Davison Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Joseph ** has been exceptionally well rounded with his amazing customer service throughout the process so far. He is very patient, informative, and punctual. Which has really helped me make my dream of becoming an inventor easier. Thank you for the great service and help so far...

I would say that Davidson is the best of the best... they are helping me to bring it alive, and I am grateful for that. Also, my project Manager, Mr. **, is incredible... Overall, the Davison Company blows my mind. I highly recommend...

What is Davison?

Davison helps inventors turn their ideas into real products and mobile apps. It assists with idea and product development, marketing, design and patent licensing. Its customers’ products have included bakeware, pet supplies, health and wellness items, apps and more.

How does Davison work?

Davison helps creators at all stages of the invention process. The company can help with:

• Idea development
  • Product development
  • Pitches for licensing
  • Corporation options for licensing
  • Company pitches

The process starts with the Idea Security Agreement, which is legally binding and keeps your idea confidential. From there, if Davison finds your idea viable, its professionals help design your product. It offers 2D and 3D modeling, ideation sketches, virtual rendering, computer-aided design and 3D printing. It then assists in pitching your product to companies. Davison notes that while it introduces many products yearly, only a few make it to market.

How much does Davison cost?

Davison’s costs depend on your idea’s complexity and the services you need to develop it. There’s no charge for the initial staff consultation, but the website doesn’t specify typical price ranges for product development. However, it does note that the founder, George Davison, invested $30,000 in his first invention. Online reviews suggest its initial fees might fall between $300 to $900 and that prototypes can cost up to $12,000.

Davison FAQ

Where is Davison located?
Davison has two locations in Pennsylvania and one in Florida, but it works with clients all over the world.
How do I get started with Davison?
To get started with Davison, submit your idea through the Idea Security Agreement, a legally binding document that protects your idea’s confidentiality. Then, you’ll get a free staff consultation.
Who owns Davison?
Davison is owned by George Davison, who founded the company in 1989.
What’s it like to work with Davison?
Customers report good experiences with Davison — they say the staff is knowledgeable, helpful and communicative.

Is Davison a legit company?

Yes. It’s important to note that Davison was the target of two multimillion-dollar judgments from the Federal Trade Commission in the early 2000s, but no major issues with the company have been reported in the past decade or so. Ultimately, if you plan to move forward with an invention, it’s important to be confident in your idea’s quality, usefulness and need; otherwise, your investment might lead to little return.

Davison Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Davison.com?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I'm so glad I found Davison. I have spent many years trying to find a viable option to assist with my innovations. I have attended Invention clinics, Invention service providers and angel investor clinics here in Perth and was very disappointed at how unorganized/unprofessional the organizations are. I spent a year working with a company in Sydney, who were helpful with an Invention I have been working on since 2003. But after the design stage they were no help to progress to Prototype Finance and Investor stages. I have found Davison a great option for me. William ** (My Project Manager) has been a pleasure to work with and I'm so pleased with the ease of the Davison process to date. Working remotely between Pittsburgh to Perth will come with some complications, but as long as we can keep the communication progressing during the design of the product, I can see I'll be working with Davison on a few of my ideas in the future.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

I am very pleased with how Mary keeps in touch and listens to all of my stories and all of my feedback. I am so excited to be moving into preproduction. I find this product so exciting and good in nature to be able to assist in saving lives and keep people safe while we take part in all of our outdoor activities, it's really not just for swimming although that was one of its primary roles since inception.

I feel it's brilliant in its simplicity even though it's not as simple as it looks in design. I feel everybody should have one and hope to one day make it affordable enough for everybody to have one on every beach and every coast, and coupled with everybody's personal crafts such pwc, atv, utv and Motorcycles. I believe in Davison to bring this to life and so far you are doing a great job to bring this to life! I have so many more great ideas for you moving forward. I look forward to our calls and hopefully meeting in person one day. Have a great Thanksgiving.

Sincerely

Christopher

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

I am utterly shocked by the humility and benevolence I have received from the Davison representative I have been assigned to. He is kind, honest, punctual, and he always brings me up when I'm feeling nonplussed. He is so wonderful that he forces my energy to match his energy, and it's always on point. He has walked me through the beginning steps to becoming an inventor, and he doesn't let me quit. I am excited to meet the new team member I will be working with in the next upcoming days!!

Whomever is reading this review, please be advised that if you have a product idea, or new invention, Davison IS THE COMPANY you want to work with. Looking forward to visiting Inventionland, meeting the founder (Wizard) who chose this incredible team of people, and is inspiring so many others in this country to spread their creativity all over the map. Whatever your doubts are about becoming an inventor, throw them out. Manifesto, seems silly, is the only way to live. Think positive, push that energy out of you, and you will likely notice that great things are among you and around you. And mostly. DONT EVER GIVE UP. And don't spend the rest of your life wondering what if. I'm not, thanks to Davison. 5 stars. And I'd give my experience 5 million stars if I could. BRAHHH-VO team. Well done, very well done.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

From the very first phone call I have received in regarding my invention idea up until now and every email and phone call correspondence in between has been a pleasant experience. Jermaine ** has been especially personable and professional and made me feel comfortable with the entire process never putting me under any pressure but instead encouraging my idea and ambitions and supporting my efforts genuinely as well and has been thoroughly explanatory as far as the process of becoming a part of the Davison team.

Everything was supportive and conducted efficiently while never making me feel obligated or pressured in any way to make any decisions or or anything. I was uncomfortable with there was always a great feeling of just support and someone sincerely wanting to help and back me up in an idea that I had and didn't know how to go about getting it started. I've been nothing but grateful for all the support and encouragement from the team at Davidson and Jermaine **.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I have worked with John D in the past but did not pursue with the idea. So this is my second time coming back with another idea. John has been great but weekly contact is too much for me and he likes weekly updates for me. I do not know if this is a rule for the company or if he just likes to do weekly updates. Don't get me wrong. It is nice but sometimes I can not handle weekly updates. I am not really a phone person. I just finished phase one I believe and now starting to see if my idea is already out there and the designers are also working on my idea. I am looking forward to what is to come and meeting everyone in person when that time comes. So I can personally see my idea and if need to tweak it.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Mr **, Has been upfront and honest with me, for the beginning part of this invention, process. To continue to experience the same energy as the process proceeds. Throughout completion. Acting on and presenting all that you state /doing as we say. Only ends in successful production.

Original review: March 1, 2021

Steering Wheel Identification, or S.W.I. Brainstorming and streaming lining my idea! Low cost High Rewards. Questions 1) who 2) what 3) when 4) why. For the safety of the drive and the officers. Low cost High Rewards. I also was thinking that a small camera can be placed on the drive side window and a two way speaker on the door so the driver can talk freely with the officers that made the stop. The T.S. Bottom only operate when both hands are on the wheel and the car is in parking position. With the one touch activation button.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

David was a excellent person to talk with. He always called on time and always kept us up to date. We are very satisfied with this company. We also look forward to proceeding with our project and see where it goes.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I want to thank Davison company and Paul **. He has been excellent with his advice and customer service. Although the process, was long. He patiently walked me through step by step. Total appreciation for the company, thus far. Davison is a well respected name in the industry, thankful they are helping me get my project completed. Thanks, James **

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

Your representative of the company seems very thorough, calls everyday with something new and informative. He is very pleasant and seems very caring. From the literature that has been presented to us the company seems to be very efficient and amazing amount of products have been developed

Davison Company Information