Call toll free
(888) 844-2002
4.27/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

InventionHome is a product and marketing company that is committed to helping its customers be successful. Our mission is to guide our inventors through the necessary steps required for inventions and patents. Since 2002, our low-cost invention model has enabled our customers to connect with the manufacturers that are the best fit for their invention. We can’t wait to hear your idea. Give us a call today!

InventionHome Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: May 28, 2019

So far, my experience with InventionHome has been an experience of hurry up and wait. This is not a bad thing as bringing these ideas to consumers under a formula of success takes time. The Good: My account manager, Amy, and art director, James have been very responsive to my needs and desires as a client. The communication and willingness to come to an understanding is very high.

The Average: I just discovered an audio commercial is included in my purchase. Not sure if this has been mentioned since we started the process. I'll inquire about it with my account manager though, now I wonder if there's other services purchased I should be asking for too! Could be Improved: There could be some graphic indicating what stage of the process we're in. There've been times as to when I've been confused about the order of operations of things and unsure as to about how much time is remaining. Giving some graphical info on the account portal can improve the experience for others after me.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the feedback on how we could improve the customer experience. We will definitely take into consideration.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 28, 2019

InventionHome is really good and I love them. I went online and I found them. I got all their services except for the portfolio. I did it myself, but I’m finishing it by Friday to send in the 5 images of the portfolio. I’m not very far into it right now, but I’m almost at the tail end of working with them and they’re just waiting for me. My brother-in-law is the designer and I’m the inventor. Everything’s been great so far and I was only worried because of scams. But they seem like a reputable business in the way their people handle their sales. Adam and Cindy helped me a lot so far. They are really nice with me and polite. Hopefully, everything is going as planned is what I would hope. Also, I’m not that far into it to send anybody their way yet because I’m still cautious myself, but I feel comfortable. I don’t have nothing to lose right now but my invention and our family history of what we wanna get somewhere with it. Still, I have no issues right now.

InventionHome response

Glad to hear everything has been to your satisfaction so far! Please feel free to contact you Customer Account Manager with any questions or issues. Best of luck!!

Original review: March 19, 2019

InventionHome people have been good. They shot my 3D video and did my portfolio. They were enthusiastic about my product and I got good feedback. They all thought it was a good idea and that's why they got on board. But the problem I have now is the waiting. I paid for the patent search and everything was good. We did everything we had to do. But I don't officially have the patent when I thought I will get it right away. They told me that it's still pending. I wanna get it going. It's my first time and I'm anxious to see how this thing is gonna turn out. It is my idea and I own it. I don't want anybody else to get in on it, but it is not official yet. We're in an on-hold mode right now and I don't understand what the holdup is.

Still, I would recommend InventionHome. They treated me well and everyone who talked to me was informative. They were all nice and answered all my questions. I wish they put a call to the attorney but nevertheless, I am not unhappy about them. Also, if they take my product to market, find the right buyer and I make a lot of money, I'll send everybody to them.

InventionHome response

Hi Mike. I will have your Customer Account Manager contact you as soon as possible to let you know the status.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have heard about InventionHome seven years ago, and then I started to see the commercials. I never really took them up an offer, but then as I started to read up more and I did my research, I decided to look into the company. I took their whole package of services and had great interactions with the people at InventionHome, starting with Ernie. I like working with him. And then I have Kristen and Alicia. All of them have been very helpful. They’ve been timely in the request and responding to any questions that I’ve had. They’ve also been open, prompt and thorough. We're still in process, but I had some good experience so far. I was traveling back from a vacation and I ran into a young man in the airport. He was talking about an invention he was working on. I recommended InventionHome to him, and I told him to ask for Ernie.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Ernie brought me in, speaking highly of everyone inside InventionHome. Once the patent search returned with positive results, we moved forward. I was never pressured to move ahead faster than I was comfortable. My project was given to Kristin who continually stayed in communication with me, especially answering my questions. I am very pleased with the Marketing Portfolio; great job to all involved. Marcella took her time to ask me questions and answer them as well. The patent attorneys also did a great job. Each department has acted like fulfilling their end of my project proficiently and professionally is important to them. And, that's where I am at this point. InventionHome is marketing my invention. Hopefully we'll receive some interests for licensing. I'm not sure. I do know that they are not rushing to do a half-ass job of it or anything. I expect only great things. And, I can only say good things about my experience dealing with them.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words! I'll be sure to pass along to my team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

If your invention is an idea, be vary wary of Invention Home. Michael ** made very lofty promises to market my idea to top companies. Michael assured me my idea was novel and original and so powerful that he was certain Invention Home would easily market it to one of their many big time business partners. He even asked me if I knew of a company called U.L.? After spending over $4000.00 for patent search, portfolio development and provisional patent, my problems started with them. Cindy, my marketing rep was short and snappy and rude every time I called to inquire about my product. Michael refused to respond to my many calls and emails and texts (by the way some of the communication mysteriously disappeared from my devices). I eventually discovered that my idea was neatly packaged and paraded by a very renowned world company - U.L. All this whilst I was supposed to be covered by their Provisional Patent.

On July 2, 2018, I wrote to Integrity Patent Group and copied Michael about suspected infringement on my invention, Michael immediately called me (July 3rd, 2018 about 10:00 am) and acknowledged my concerns and promised to look into the issue immediately and call me back. Since then, I have not heard from Michael or Integrity Patent Group despite phone calls, emails and texts to Michael. Subsequently, some of my communications disappeared and mysteriously many others were added that weren't there. Surprise!!! I feel cheated and lied to. This is my experience with Invention Home.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I started with InventionHome for their assistance with doing a background search to see if my product was out there. Everything checked out good. There wasn't anything out there like this product. The next step was putting my idea in an animation format. Then a Patent Attorney contacted me where I filed my Provisional Patent in October 2016. Well the Summer of 2017 I saw my product all over the TV making millions of dollars. I contacted InventionHome and informed them of my concerns. The Manager of Marketing talked to me for 2 hours on the phone stating that I can still make my product because it was different from the one on the Market. She even gave an example how there was different Washing Machines on the market and how each one does something different. I asked My Patent Attorney and he said that I can still make my product. Needless to say that I did receive my Non-Provisional Patent (Utility) in January 2019.

I would advise anyone to look at Inventright videos by Steven Key on Youtube to get knowledge on how to get a Licensing Agreement on your Invention. I say this because you really don't know if they're really submitting your ideas to companies. They give you a monthly submission report but anyone can write that they're doing something and not really be doing it. There's no proof but their word. If you do it yourself you can keep track of the companies you contact yourself. I still wonder how the minute I file my provisional patent if InventionHome or a company they may have submitted my idea to stole my idea. I've put over $30,000.00 into this project.

I just received my physical Prototype last week from a company called Dirt Cheap Prototype. So I'm still pursuing getting my invention to market. It's just that I can't take InventionHome face value at their word because anyone can say anything. But what counts is what's documented on paper. I don't have much trust in them. But that's why I decided to share my experience with Consumers so that you can draw your own conclusions. They say no company is interested in giving me a Licensing Agreement but yet I look on TV and the internet and the product is making millions of dollars. You figure it out.

Deborah

Waldorf, MD

Original review: July 1, 2019

We went to InventionHome to help us on licensing our product. After being there for maybe eight months I find it hard to believe that they never even had one feedback from any of the feelers they put out and they refuse to tell you what companies they reached out to. So yes they made a nice info sheet about our product, I feel that was all they did and I certainly don’t think anyone ever saw it. I asked to change some stuff to make page more appealing and was told no not possible, it wouldn’t make a difference. So I feel it was just a waste of time, dreams and money using them. Would’ve been better off going to a casino and betting on red or black.

InventionHome response

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction.

After review of your account, we did a great deal of work on your product. We submitted to 145 companies, unfortunately none showed any interest. InventionHome cannot control company interest as many different factors are taken into account by companies when deciding whether or not they would like to pursue a product. Additionally, the documentation we provided you, and you approved, communicated that we would not disclose company names due to confidentiality reasons. We would definitely disclose company names if/when a company shows a level of interest in a product.

Original review: June 13, 2019

A little over a year ago I contacted InventionHome about an idea I had with a detailed description and artwork I had created. They paired me with a patent attorney and had him run a patent inquiry for any and all existing patents that may conflict with my invention. I was contacted when it was complete and informed over the phone that there were a couple of patents that were kind of like mine, but that there was nothing similar enough to conflict with my patent. I was ecstatic and wanted to get the ball rolling, so they sold me on their premium package that they offer. It was a total of $4,000 plus $200 for the patent search.

They created a visual video of my invention in motion to demonstrate the functionality and it looked great. They had a log on my account that displayed companies that they were "marketing" to but even after I signed the non-disclosure waiver, they eventually stopped contacting companies. After months of direct contact with my patent attorney and investigating companies that had essentially created and sold my idea, we realized that my search results were never actually sent to me. He immediately emailed me images from the original search results and there was a patent that was my exact idea that was dated back to 2013. My invention existed 5 years before it even popped into my mind.

InventionHome could not provide evidence of actually sending me the search results aside from an email stating that the search had been completed and was "sent", even though it never was. I took their word over the phone that my invention was a new idea and I was deceived. After the artwork was completed, I never heard from them again. Even after my patent attorney spoke with them multiple times, they still have not contacted me and told him they would not give me a refund. I feel deceived and regret ever giving them my business. If this is how they handle every client, they deserve to go out of business.

InventionHome response

*** InventionHome has resolved the issue with this customer.

We are sorry to hear the customer is dissatisfied. InventionHome has not heard from this customer directly since August 2018.

Our company policy requires patent search results be sent to all customers. In addition, the online questionnaire Mr. Young completed on 5/16/2018 specifically asks the customer to confirm review of the search results and provide additional information or details, if needed:

** After reviewing your patent search, if you feel that similar products were returned in the results, please provide us with details as to how your product may differ from those identified. If any changes or modifications were discussed in light of the patent search results, please provide details below.

Mr. Young completed this section on 5/16/2018 by providing the following information, "My invention in its description does not infringe upon any other similar products that are currently sold." Mr. Young's answer would indicate he reviewed his search results and chose to move forward.

We would be more than happy to have a discussion with Mr. Young.

Original review: May 29, 2019

InventionHome is just like all the rest, they take your money, display your product on their website but most of all give you false hope. Every new inventor has aspirations and dreams about their invention and get caught up in this political game. The only good thing that I received through this company is the recommendation or referral for writing my patent for submission in which I did receive back in 2012. I would highly recommend the consultants that wrote mine.

As far as InventionHome goes when I applied for my non-provisional patent all they did was take monthly payments from me and send me graphs that I am sure were created by someone on their staff that showed various interest in my product...a total scam. Inventors beware. I see all these inventions on here, I would ask to contact some of these to find out how much their initial investment was. I know inventors that are bankrupt.

InventionHome expert review by Michael Nranian

InventionHome is an invention and product marketing company that helps inventors and entrepreneurs through the invention and patent process. Headquartered in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, InventionHome's services are ideal for inventors who want to avoid a “buy before you try” service or people who are looking to have marketing assistance with their invention.

• Low prices: InventionHome offers reasonable and fair prices and don’t charge up front.

• Marketing: They offer extensive marketing help and have a huge network of companies looking for new inventions.

• No lockdown on invention: InventionHome does not lock down your invention idea, so if you market it elsewhere before they are able to license it for you, you do not have to pay them.

• Patenting support: InventionHome can file a provisional patent application on your behalf, and then refer you to independent attorneys to help you file a patent.

• Successful track record: InventionHome has helped inventors market their products in retailers like Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walgreens, HSN and more.

• Best for: people who have invented something, people who have invented a design and people who have reproduced new plants.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

InventionHome questions and answers

What sets InventionHome apart from the competition?
Choosing the right company to help with your idea means selecting a company you can trust and one that knows how to succeed. We have built a reputable and credible company for bringing new ideas to market and have successfully licensed a long list of inventors. We have developed a low-cost, low-risk, proven success model and do not charge large up-front fees for licensing. We have developed thousands of relationships with manufacturers, partnered with the industry’s premier manufacturing associations and are proud and active members of the United Inventors Association and Better Business Bureau.
What is the most common misconception consumers have about InventionHome?
We do not charge large up-front fees for marketing. We do not lockup your invention limiting your ability to do your own marketing. We only get paid our commission if we license your invention for you, not if you succeed on your own. Additionally, we offer a Success Monday Back Guarantee, meaning, if we license your invention, we pay you back (out of our share of future royalties) 100% of any service fee paid to us. We make nothing until you are paid back in full.
How does InventionHome measure success?
We measure our success by the long list of marketing agreement we have achieved, as well as inventor and company testimonials.
What are InventionHome values or mission?
Our mission is to reinvent the invention industry by creating a better model for inventors to succeed with their inventions. We are achieving our mission by creating an innovative and smart invention marketing method combined with a company committed to strong values, integrity and trust. The invention process can be risky and challenging for inventors with only a small percentage of inventions or products succeeding on the market. As a result, we were determined to create a low-cost, low-risk model to minimize the financial risks for inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our company continues to be recognized by our customers providing exceptionally high customer satisfaction ratings through internal and external surveys and ratings.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the most significant changes in our industry over the past 10 years is in the demand for new product innovation and the willingness of companies to look outside their own walls to find it. More and more companies are actively looking to independent inventors for new inventions available for license.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Product licensing will continue to grow and we’ll begin to see an influx of foreign inventors looking to penetrate the US market with innovation. As the internet continues to simplify the process of submitting products to companies, more companies will expand their searches from domestic based to wide scale global searching.
How do you see InventionHome growing or evolving in the future?
As the demand for innovation grows, InventionHome will continue to broaden its search for new product across the globe while working to simplify the process of connecting inventors with companies to license inventions.

InventionHome Company Information