Call toll free
4.44/5
Based on 72 reviews that contain star ratings

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

InventionHome is a product and marketing company that is committed to helping its customers be successful. Our mission is to guide our inventors through the necessary steps required for inventions and patents. Since 2002, our low-cost invention model has enabled our customers to connect with the manufacturers that are the best fit for their invention. We can’t wait to hear your idea. Give us a call today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

78 InventionHome Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

After years and years of trying various ways to find a company to get my invention out there, I finally feel hopeful that it's in the right hands. Just knowing this company sees the potential and is willing to take it to the next level has given me much relief and also a lot of hope! Thanks so much, Karen and InventionHome for all your help.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2018

A very helpful team for anyone. They really prove the tagline they follow - "Simplifying Inventing". Though some sites or teams are hard to trust but InventionHome have proved to be very useful for our business idea. Though a little complicated at the beginning, but once you learn more they'll take you to the next level with their end-to-end solutions. It's highly recommended and was one of the wisest decisions made.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have had a great experience. In The beginning of it all everyone seems so productive helpful on showing me there is a high potential with my invention. Now it seems like the marketing stage is not that informational towards "showing" what they're doing to market my invention to manufacturers. I feel like it's all fake now. Think about asking for a refund soon if I see no activity or progress asap.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Fine job again. Great artwork and Caty always gets right back to me with explanations. I do wonder, upon seeing some of the other related inventions, if my legal verbiage is technical enough. I guess that's my only complaint. I like being able to change things and have the final say. But I by no means think my suggestions should be implemented without some feedback as to why they may not be a good idea. Thanks.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass along to my team.

Original review: April 23, 2018

They provide very little continued support and service once the customer has paid their fee to InventionHome. They don't seem to care about the success of their customer's invention. InventionHome seems to just want to profit off their clients.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?

Original review: April 17, 2018

When starting out I had some doubt in trusting a to me unknown company to handle my plans. However the support and follow-up on all the steps has been on time, as promised and with accurate precision. Now waiting for positive developments with regards to my invention. The experience thus far has been very professional. Thanks to you Jeff and your team.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The whole processes was very professionally done. InventionHome very much paid attention to detail. My invention was completed in better than expected time. When I had questions they were answered promptly, often the following day. All through the invention process I felt listen to and important. My invention is done, and was very well done! If you have an invention and you're ready to get it done. InventionHome will get it done!!

InventionHome response

Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: March 20, 2018

Would not hesitate to recommend InventionHome to friend or stranger. Easy to work with from the beginning and have been given guidance when needed. Hopefully items (inventions) will soon be introduced to manufacturers and be ready to sell to public. InventionHome has worked from rough descriptions and developed tech drawings/artwork in a timely manner.

InventionHome response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The profile turned out very nice, when should we expect any progress regarding your commitment to the magic pool fountain, how and when will we be notified on your progress with any orders from your contacts. Hope to hear from your team real soon.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I am very glad that I put my trust and you all. So far I can say the job doing an excellent job. Yes I will tell others about you all. Keep up the good work. From Eugene ** I thank you all for the commitment and the dedication. Your have went above and beyond my all imagination. Thank you very much.

InventionHome response

Thank you, Eugene. We genuinely appreciate your feedback!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have been extremely happy with your services. I look forward to receiving my patent. I am hoping a manufacturer picks up my idea and we can move into production on my TV Tray Covers. I am anxious to keep this project moving forward.

InventionHome response

Thank you, Lori. We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear your experience was positive!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had an terrible experience. I was told that I would get a rep to touch base with me. What I found out that the last phase the marketing phase InventionHome simply disappears from view. I asked for names of manufacturers, contact people I got nothing no help. I paid $3,000 for a piece of paper that says I have a utility patent. I got some pictures nothing else of value that I can use to realty license and sell my product. I received no help, no guidance. I’m frustrated and angry I was ripped off. Don’t let it happen to you!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Here's the thing, they do exactly what they say they will do... Think about that. Nothing is for sure. I had an idea, I had no experience with what I was doing, I paid almost $3000. That I absolutely could not afford and absolutely nothing happened. I was told my idea was patentable and found out that that was inaccurate. I got a provisional patent. I was told it was legal to patent something that is already on the market if it has a completely different use. Come to find out that is infringement but yes I paid for a portfolio and they put one together for me and though I thought it wasn't quality I still approved it.

Don't be stupid like I have been, know and understand the process before you jump into something. Don't trust anybody. I thought this would improve mine and my kids life and I was so wrong. My provisional patent is dead in the water. It was a great useful idea but I can not go forward with it because I don't understand the chemistry behind it because I didn't invent it but I was lead to believe that it was perfectly legal. WRONG. I hate being stupid... So, yes I understand the A+ BBB rating and I also now understand why not to go off BBB ratings anymore.

InventionHome response

We are extremely customer-focused and would have been more than willing to look at your issue and try to find a mutually beneficial resolution had you contacted our office.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

One year ago I signed up with Invention Home. I paid $700. I have gotten maybe two phone calls from them. They of course did not promise any. But you are so excited about your idea that you just think you are going to hear from one of the 70 manufacturers they claim that they sent your information to about your idea. Well, don't expect to hear anything. At this point, my contract is about to expire and they claim that one manufacturer was interested. But they never let you see any information that was sent nor any responses. So you have no verification that any followup was made or if anything other than the deposit of your money was done. If I could do over I would not use them. It seems to me that they just take your money. No real relationship building. Not sure if anything was done to promote my idea. JUST NOT SURE. JUST KNOW I AM OUT OF $700.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

No communication from them once you are signed up... The art department did a very good job though... I still think the way they go about the inventions are not good. The login for the account is a pain... and does not work most times. I ask about shark tank and they said it was commercial and that is not the truth. I have 3 months to go and it could change. Try it on your own is much better than this I believe.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'm impressed with the attention one gets. One to one when the topic is specifically on your invention and questions are answered promptly, never a delay or a wait. Like I said, one to one attention. Clear answers to your questions, I'm new at this so this was important. Explanations of the process are reviewed and made clear. Good attention to details so the final work will be ready for review by interested companies, I like that. It's been a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Your staff has done an excellent job in applying our given info to the portfolio and have all done a fabulous job. I am very pleased so far with your work. I enjoy reviewing the portfolio online, which I do quite often, and am hoping after your marketing work, that we land a manufacturer. I'm confident that we will.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Very responsive, was informed throughout preparation and accomplishment. Were even kind when I was frustrate by my lack of knowledge. Thank you... Would share my experience with Invention Home with others on a positive note. Hope to do more business as time goes on.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of the Team at Invention Home. Their follow up, notifications, and sense of customer service has been worth it to me. Just the guidance through the system outside of their own website -- legal and US Government processes -- has made the process with little or no worries. I appreciate their defined processes and knowledge.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

As a first timer, I had my reservations if this is going to be a black-hole for my money. However, to my pleasant surprise, whenever I asked the staff any question, no matter how repetitive that must have been or how many times I asked, I got almost an instant and personalized response which exactly addressed my concerns. This kind of caretaking is seen very few places these days and InventionHome is one of the bright examples that should be followed as a guideline! Special thanks to Ron ** and Lindsey ** for making it a great experience for me. :)

Original review: July 1, 2017

My first initial contact Ron with Invent Home was awesome and I'm anxiously waiting to move forward with this company. Very kind people. I truly can't wait to get started and see if this idea of mine is as great as I think. I couldn't have chosen better people to work with so far.

InventionHome response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words as well as your business!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I couldn't have picked a better company after talking to other companies. This company was the one. No promises. I like that. To me that's honestly and made me feel even more comfortable to work with them. I got to see all the work that was being done step by step. Awesome, great job. Well done. I'm pleased very much so thanks again.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words! We are greatly that you chose InventionHome and appreciate your business.

Original review: April 13, 2017

My experience has been excellent. Krista, Emily, and Alyssa have been an absolute pleasure to work with. Their responsiveness and professionalism is top notch. I look forward to a long mutually beneficial relationship with InventionHome. I had 2 choices to help get my product to market and believe I chose the best one!!

InventionHome response

Thank, I will be sure to pass along your review to the team members!

Original review: March 20, 2017

InventionHome has a wonderful team helping getting your invention moving forward. I would recommend them to everyone. Mark ** was super nice, and Cindy ** was awesome. There are a lot of companies that will get your money and do nothing. I love working with people who will get the job done and with less financial burdens. I have actually been with other companies and paid thousands of dollars, but with inventionhome, a few bucks and youre on your way. Wish I would have met them 3 years ago.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words, Doretha!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Absolutely seamless; it is rare but in a short period of time they have shown reliability and are professional in all they do. Trust is not easy to find in a company but in a short period of time I TRUST InventionHome to deliver what they offer.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

The workers do not work for the client, and when the client works for the workers, they do not cooperate. A worker submitted work I did not approve, and it was used despite my efforts. Then the workers, previously one until he spoke with his manager who did not speak with me (I waited 3-4 weeks for them to show me the work I thought they were starting over with), "dealt" with by continuing the process rather than starting over. I didn't work with all 3 workers. All 3 workers worked against me.

Their contracts say that the client has to approve, basically, of their workers sketches. I was assigned to one artist, who went on vacation before she created a sketch, and was reassigned to a second artist, who just wanted to go home. And a third artist, named Matt **, whose role I am unfamiliar with but apparently I had to "deal" with him while dealing with the second artist, who was not yet reassigned from me. (No wonder all three, if they worked together, worked poorly together.) I certainly did not approve the sketch for use or see it before submission to check for corrections.

And if I was working with all 3 art directors??? Someone did not come forward to communicate with me so I could inform them that the sketch work submitted by the artist was not showing the function properly but mine did, which the artist submitted along with his. Fortunately, no one used this excuse with me, then again... Don't expect them to communicate with you. Don't expect 1-3 business days for a reply. Expect up to one or several months because it's not always one week when bad attitudes almost force a person to either wait for someone to come back from vacation or when someone uses artwork without approval. Their needs were put above mine in so many ways in addition to when they "could not" refund me because they had to pay their workers, so I went to the bank for the refund.

In honesty, with all the problems I faced, it would be 3 or more months before getting them to finally re-sketch the functions of my idea. (3 months later, the problem was only worked out because the bank temporarily refunded me so no longer could they force my approval of their animation or deem me unresponsive a month later when they refused to start over.) I practically did the sketch for them after they got it wrong with oral instructions and that took me a while myself so I knew it would have been difficult for them. And still the company did issue my refund with a false claim to avoid admitting fault. Fortunately for them and in order to protect myself, I did not send emails containing my idea to the bank to receive the refund.

Like all good complaints, here is my suggestion for fixing the problem with future clients and change the image of the company as a dictatorship. The company needs to have a "disprove" button when their sketch work is submitted, and sketch work should be submitted via their site rather than by email so that it is clear when the client has not approved of an employee's sketch work.

My attitude remains the same. They had to start all over at no additional costs for using work I did not approve. Perhaps they saw me as a problem not only because my positive attitude changed to "boss attitude" and worked against my reassigned artist's "boss attitude" but because management failed to communicate with me about my main concern. Instead, I had to learn 3-4 weeks from the reassigned artist that they would not start over and that I had to submit a list of changes even though I did not approve of the work that was used and the whole thing needed to be changed because that's how many errors there were. The whole thing. And they still wanted a list of changes... "Changes" that shouldn't have been "changes" but would be presented to me as "my changes" as if I had approved of the sketch work.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Their sales agent answered my questions in numerous calls in a polite and satisfactory answers. He told me upfront every expense I should expect, deadlines were met, no hidden fees or wrongful advice, and the job was "well" done. You can trust them!

InventionHome response

Thanks, Shaya. It's nice to hear your positive feedback about our sales department.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

This was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Everyone did an exceptional job from beginning to end. I was never left in the dark or looking for answers. They were always answered and very quickly. Great company to deal with and awesome people.

InventionHome response

Thank you! I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to the members of our team that worked on your project.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Dumbell exercise rack - I am very happy with my experience, with everyone's help and patience with me. The portfolio is great and makes me proud. Thank you all for this wonderful learning experience for me and my family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with InventionHome. The professionalism of the team I worked with was remarkable. The response time for email and questions was done with outstanding performance. It would be an absolute pleasure to recommend InventionHome. I cannot thank them enough for turning my idea into a reality!! Thank you.

InventionHome expert review by ConsumerAffairs

InventionHome is an invention and product marketing company that helps inventors and entrepreneurs through the invention and patent process. Headquartered in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, InventionHome's services are ideal for inventors who want to avoid a “buy before you try” service or people who are looking to have marketing assistance with their invention.

• Low prices: InventionHome offers reasonable and fair prices and don’t charge up front.

• Marketing: They offer extensive marketing help and have a huge network of companies looking for new inventions.

• No lockdown on invention: InventionHome does not lock down your invention idea, so if you market it elsewhere before they are able to license it for you, you do not have to pay them.

• Patenting support: InventionHome can file a provisional patent application on your behalf, and then refer you to independent attorneys to help you file a patent.

• Successful track record: InventionHome has helped inventors market their products in retailers like Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walgreens, HSN and more.

• Best for: people who have invented something, people who have invented a design and people who have reproduced new plants.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

InventionHome questions and answers

What sets InventionHome apart from the competition?
Choosing the right company to help with your idea means selecting a company you can trust and one that knows how to succeed. We have built a reputable and credible company for bringing new ideas to market and have successfully licensed a long list of inventors. We have developed a low-cost, low-risk, proven success model and do not charge large up-front fees for licensing. We have developed thousands of relationships with manufacturers, partnered with the industry’s premier manufacturing associations and are proud and active members of the United Inventors Association and Better Business Bureau.
What is the most common misconception consumers have about InventionHome?
We do not charge large up-front fees for marketing. We do not lockup your invention limiting your ability to do your own marketing. We only get paid our commission if we license your invention for you, not if you succeed on your own. Additionally, we offer a Success Monday Back Guarantee, meaning, if we license your invention, we pay you back (out of our share of future royalties) 100% of any service fee paid to us. We make nothing until you are paid back in full.
How does InventionHome measure success?
We measure our success by the long list of marketing agreement we have achieved, as well as inventor and company testimonials.
What are InventionHome values or mission?
Our mission is to reinvent the invention industry by creating a better model for inventors to succeed with their inventions. We are achieving our mission by creating an innovative and smart invention marketing method combined with a company committed to strong values, integrity and trust. The invention process can be risky and challenging for inventors with only a small percentage of inventions or products succeeding on the market. As a result, we were determined to create a low-cost, low-risk model to minimize the financial risks for inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our company continues to be recognized by our customers providing exceptionally high customer satisfaction ratings through internal and external surveys and ratings.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the most significant changes in our industry over the past 10 years is in the demand for new product innovation and the willingness of companies to look outside their own walls to find it. More and more companies are actively looking to independent inventors for new inventions available for license.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Product licensing will continue to grow and we’ll begin to see an influx of foreign inventors looking to penetrate the US market with innovation. As the internet continues to simplify the process of submitting products to companies, more companies will expand their searches from domestic based to wide scale global searching.
How do you see InventionHome growing or evolving in the future?
As the demand for innovation grows, InventionHome will continue to broaden its search for new product across the globe while working to simplify the process of connecting inventors with companies to license inventions.

InventionHome Company Information