InventionHome Reviews

About InventionHome

InventionHome is a product and marketing company that helps inventors through the patent, design, licensing and marketing processes. It offers a confidential idea submission process, and its services are available across North America. It has a large retailer network and takes 10% of product royalties.

Featured Reviews

Verified
Huntsville, AL

My experience with InventionHome has been a great experience. Everything moved quicker than I had expected it to. Everyone is nice and helpful and are very good about keeping me i...

Verified
Terrell, TX

Their representatives were able to answer my questions. I used their inventor services on patent searching and patent applications. So far, my overall experience with the service ...

What is InventionHome?

InventionHome provides patenting, licensing and marketing help for inventors in North America. You can submit your invention idea confidentially online, and the company will help you patent and sell your product through its large global network of retailers. InventionHome takes 10% of your royalties if your product is successful.

How does InventionHome work?

To patent or sell your invention with InventionHome, submit your idea confidentially online or call its toll-free number to speak with a specialist. If the company chooses to support your invention, it won’t charge for patenting and marketing the product; however, it does take 10% of the royalties. It sells inventions to major retailers like Walmart, Lowe’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods and Bed Bath & Beyond.

InventionHome fees

InventionHome doesn’t charge fees for marketing your invention, but it does take 10% of the royalties if your product is successful. It also offers some services with flat fees — you can ask about these costs during your consultation.

InventionHome FAQ

What kinds of inventions does InventionHome support?

InventionHome works with a wide variety of ideas and products; its successful inventions include home goods, pet products, toiletries and outdoor accessories. See its website for a comprehensive list.

Where is InventionHome available?

InventionHome is available across North America, though it helps sell products globally.

What’s the process like with InventionHome?

To get started, submit your idea online or call to speak with a specialist. If InventionHome approves your invention, it helps license, patent and sell the product. It can also assist with prototyping and other design services. InventionHome then takes 10% of any royalties.

Can you submit ideas on InventionHome’s website?

Yes, you can submit ideas online. The submission form on its website is 100% confidential.

Is InventionHome legit?

InventionHome is a legitimate invention company that works with thousands of creators to patent and sell new products. It has a large network of major retailers and doesn’t charge for its marketing services unless your product is successful, in which case it takes 10% of the royalties.

InventionHome Reviews

Stars Rating

• 43%
  • 57%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?
    Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 5, 2024

Invention Home is nothing more than a scheme to get thousands of unearned dollars from dreamers with ideas. They are inconsistent with monthly submissions, IF the companies they submit to are even real. Their info is very misleading. Thousands of dollars spent and NOTHING to show for it. NOTHING. SCAMMERS!!! You'll have a better chance doing footwork independently. They were ABSOLUTELY USELESS. Always double talking from one employee to the next.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 31, 2024

SCAMM!! Take your product somewhere else. Every single star review is 100% correct. Spent thousands wasted. All the attorneys are in bed together taking your money. The only Phone Call you will get is Attorneys wanting more cash!! Never once did I get a call or email on any updates the entire year.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

From start to finish I'd like to say it was nothing but empty promises then taking my money only to ignore my invention. Also telling me to be vague as possible in describing my invention which I now know why.... I feel they stole my I invention and done so on purpose.... I confronted them and they stopped responding. If you give these people your money or your invention info I promise you they will find a way to duplicate and let you down until you call them out then they just stop answering you after that.... They been at this for a very long time and know how to use the system to steal from blue collar people.... It's disgusting and they should be thrown in prison for life!

PriceStaff

Reviewed March 21, 2024

Be aware that companies like this are out there taking advantage of people. They do nothing as promise while working hard to hide the negative reviews and promote positive. They charged me thousands of dollars and completely missed PPA documentation. They then thread me with their attorneys that if I say something they would take it down. I'm not scared of these scammers! Just take your money and run!!

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2023

The team I worked with here at Invention Home is very informative and quick response with answers that I was asking.. Since this is not what I do every day stepping into the unknown and not knowing all of the proper steps on how to go about getting your foot in the door but these guys made me feel comfortable and helped out with anything I had questions on. The customer service was excellent, the product was well executed by their art department and knew actually where I was going with my product.. The marketing department has been excellent on responding and shining light on everything.. I look forward in working more with them as time goes on!! Excellent check mark for me in my book!!

Pinned

Thank you, Cliff. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, so it's great knowing our team met your expectations. Thank you for your business!

Elsie

Did they do well with getting your invention out there? I'm scared because of the 1stars recent experience

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2023

It was a very good experience and just hoping for the best !!! Thank you very much!!!! Thank you for keeping me informed all the time!!!! The communication was very good, And the people were very nice and professional too. Thank you for this opportunity. I hope to make this freebie a reality.

Pinned

Thank you, Mauricio. We certainly appreciate your business and all hope for success in the marketing phase!

Reviewed Oct. 5, 2023

I had a great experience with Invention Home. The staff was professional and helpful. I was very pleased with the services. I would highly recommend them for anyone who’s looking for help with new products. The fees were reasonable and I am excited to see what the marketing phase will bring.

Pinned

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business!

Price

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2022

This is a NOT the place to go to if you have an invention. Pleaseeee listen up, if your invention is an idea, be vary wary/leery of Invention Home. I was made very lofty promises to market my idea to top companies. Because, during the height of COVID pandemic my invention of vehicle praise hand sanitizer container... Would be marketed to stores and to pro-teams, leagues etc. Which never happened…. WHY???? But, every year their provisional patent law Firm is asking for additional payment??? WHY??? I was supposed to be covered by their Provisional Patent already! This has been an awful costly experience…

Pinned

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and would like to clarify the misconceptions in your posting.

We work extremely hard at putting together the best product presentation that we can and contact as many companies as possible in hopes of garnering interest. While it is unfortunate that your product has not been licensed, that fact does not negate the services which were provided. We performed all services with your approval, and nowhere in our documentation do we promise any type of success. The simple truths are; the new product development process is a high-risk venture and there are no guarantees a particular product will be licensed. We go to great lengths to disclose the risks to all individuals who may submit an idea for a new product. The Service Agreement that you agreed to prior to any work starting communicated this to you.

In reviewing your account, our marketing department reached out to 139 companies. Unfortunately, none of those companies expressed interest in pursuing your product. We cannot control which products a company chooses to move forward with, as there are many factors that go into those decisions.

Your product is protected by a provisional patent application for 12 months. After 12 months you would have the option to pursue additional patent protection should you choose. The Provisional Patent Application Work Verification you agreed to communicated the PPA is only in place for 12 months and additional patent protection would be available once the 12 months expires. The patent firm followed up with you to discuss the different options available should you desire to pursue longer term patent protection. There are fees involved with filing for additional patent protection but was an optional service and not required.

Should you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact our office.

Reviewed Nov. 18, 2022

I should inform you that I have spent 5000 dollars for provisional process to get my idea in marketing place unfortunately, they did not found any companies for my production in Covid time and after one year someone stole my idea and they did not help even for my patent right. I should inform you that they have very bad lawyer for patenting application and don’t trust them. 100% you will lose your money. Finding an honest and correct patenting company that deserve your idea.

Pinned

We are sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction and would like to clarify some of the comments in your posting.

The fees paid to InventionHome were for tangible services including a patent search, provisional patent application, virtual-prototyping, and an audio commercial. As communicated in the Service Agreement you agreed to, marketing services are at no charge. While it is unfortunate that your product has not been licensed, that fact does not negate the services which were provided.

Your product was protected by a provisional patent application for 12 months. After 12 months expired, you had the option to pursue additional patent protection but chose not to. You contacted our office mid-October about finding a similar product, and we suggested that you call the patent firm that filed your provisional patent application. InventionHome is not a law firm and cannot provide assistance regarding patent rights or options.

Please feel free to contact our office directly should you want to discuss further.

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2022

When I first contacted Invention Home I did not know what to expect. The first person I talked to explained very clearly what I was to expect. Since it was my first experience I had many questions. All question were answered and I was told what to expect. There were several levels of interaction with the company. At ever level the company employee made sure I understood what was going on and were very patient with me. They show me different models until I found the one that was right.

Pinned

Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business!

InventionHome Company Information