4.52/5
  • 1 star
Based on 58 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

InventionHome is a product and marketing company that is committed to helping its customers be successful. Our mission is to guide our inventors through the necessary steps required for inventions and patents. Since 2002, our low-cost invention model has enabled our customers to connect with the manufacturers that are the best fit for their invention. We can’t wait to hear your idea. Give us a call today!

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 26, 2017

62 InventionHome Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

No communication from them once you are signed up... The art department did a very good job though... I still think the way they go about the inventions are not good. The login for the account is a pain... and does not work most times. I ask about shark tank and they said it was commercial and that is not the truth. I have 3 months to go and it could change. Try it on your own is much better than this I believe.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'm impressed with the attention one gets. One to one when the topic is specifically on your invention and questions are answered promptly, never a delay or a wait. Like I said, one to one attention. Clear answers to your questions, I'm new at this so this was important. Explanations of the process are reviewed and made clear. Good attention to details so the final work will be ready for review by interested companies, I like that. It's been a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Your staff has done an excellent job in applying our given info to the portfolio and have all done a fabulous job. I am very pleased so far with your work. I enjoy reviewing the portfolio online, which I do quite often, and am hoping after your marketing work, that we land a manufacturer. I'm confident that we will.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

Very responsive, was informed throughout preparation and accomplishment. Were even kind when I was frustrate by my lack of knowledge. Thank you... Would share my experience with Invention Home with others on a positive note. Hope to do more business as time goes on.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I have appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of the Team at Invention Home. Their follow up, notifications, and sense of customer service has been worth it to me. Just the guidance through the system outside of their own website -- legal and US Government processes -- has made the process with little or no worries. I appreciate their defined processes and knowledge.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

As a first timer, I had my reservations if this is going to be a black-hole for my money. However, to my pleasant surprise, whenever I asked the staff any question, no matter how repetitive that must have been or how many times I asked, I got almost an instant and personalized response which exactly addressed my concerns. This kind of caretaking is seen very few places these days and InventionHome is one of the bright examples that should be followed as a guideline! Special thanks to Ron ** and Lindsey ** for making it a great experience for me. :)

Original review: July 1, 2017

My first initial contact Ron with Invent Home was awesome and I'm anxiously waiting to move forward with this company. Very kind people. I truly can't wait to get started and see if this idea of mine is as great as I think. I couldn't have chosen better people to work with so far.

InventionHome response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your kind words as well as your business!

Original review: May 24, 2017

I couldn't have picked a better company after talking to other companies. This company was the one. No promises. I like that. To me that's honestly and made me feel even more comfortable to work with them. I got to see all the work that was being done step by step. Awesome, great job. Well done. I'm pleased very much so thanks again.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words! We are greatly that you chose InventionHome and appreciate your business.

Original review: April 13, 2017

My experience has been excellent. Krista, Emily, and Alyssa have been an absolute pleasure to work with. Their responsiveness and professionalism is top notch. I look forward to a long mutually beneficial relationship with InventionHome. I had 2 choices to help get my product to market and believe I chose the best one!!

InventionHome response

Thank, I will be sure to pass along your review to the team members!

Original review: March 20, 2017

InventionHome has a wonderful team helping getting your invention moving forward. I would recommend them to everyone. Mark ** was super nice, and Cindy ** was awesome. There are a lot of companies that will get your money and do nothing. I love working with people who will get the job done and with less financial burdens. I have actually been with other companies and paid thousands of dollars, but with inventionhome, a few bucks and youre on your way. Wish I would have met them 3 years ago.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words, Doretha!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Absolutely seamless; it is rare but in a short period of time they have shown reliability and are professional in all they do. Trust is not easy to find in a company but in a short period of time I TRUST InventionHome to deliver what they offer.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

The workers do not work for the client, and when the client works for the workers, they do not cooperate. A worker submitted work I did not approve, and it was used despite my efforts. Then the workers, previously one until he spoke with his manager who did not speak with me (I waited 3-4 weeks for them to show me the work I thought they were starting over with), "dealt" with by continuing the process rather than starting over. I didn't work with all 3 workers. All 3 workers worked against me.

Their contracts say that the client has to approve, basically, of their workers sketches. I was assigned to one artist, who went on vacation before she created a sketch, and was reassigned to a second artist, who just wanted to go home. And a third artist, named Matt **, whose role I am unfamiliar with but apparently I had to "deal" with him while dealing with the second artist, who was not yet reassigned from me. (No wonder all three, if they worked together, worked poorly together.) I certainly did not approve the sketch for use or see it before submission to check for corrections.

And if I was working with all 3 art directors??? Someone did not come forward to communicate with me so I could inform them that the sketch work submitted by the artist was not showing the function properly but mine did, which the artist submitted along with his. Fortunately, no one used this excuse with me, then again... Don't expect them to communicate with you. Don't expect 1-3 business days for a reply. Expect up to one or several months because it's not always one week when bad attitudes almost force a person to either wait for someone to come back from vacation or when someone uses artwork without approval. Their needs were put above mine in so many ways in addition to when they "could not" refund me because they had to pay their workers, so I went to the bank for the refund.

In honesty, with all the problems I faced, it would be 3 or more months before getting them to finally re-sketch the functions of my idea. (3 months later, the problem was only worked out because the bank temporarily refunded me so no longer could they force my approval of their animation or deem me unresponsive a month later when they refused to start over.) I practically did the sketch for them after they got it wrong with oral instructions and that took me a while myself so I knew it would have been difficult for them. And still the company did issue my refund with a false claim to avoid admitting fault. Fortunately for them and in order to protect myself, I did not send emails containing my idea to the bank to receive the refund.

Like all good complaints, here is my suggestion for fixing the problem with future clients and change the image of the company as a dictatorship. The company needs to have a "disprove" button when their sketch work is submitted, and sketch work should be submitted via their site rather than by email so that it is clear when the client has not approved of an employee's sketch work.

My attitude remains the same. They had to start all over at no additional costs for using work I did not approve. Perhaps they saw me as a problem not only because my positive attitude changed to "boss attitude" and worked against my reassigned artist's "boss attitude" but because management failed to communicate with me about my main concern. Instead, I had to learn 3-4 weeks from the reassigned artist that they would not start over and that I had to submit a list of changes even though I did not approve of the work that was used and the whole thing needed to be changed because that's how many errors there were. The whole thing. And they still wanted a list of changes... "Changes" that shouldn't have been "changes" but would be presented to me as "my changes" as if I had approved of the sketch work.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

Their sales agent answered my questions in numerous calls in a polite and satisfactory answers. He told me upfront every expense I should expect, deadlines were met, no hidden fees or wrongful advice, and the job was "well" done. You can trust them!

InventionHome response

Thanks, Shaya. It's nice to hear your positive feedback about our sales department.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

This was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Everyone did an exceptional job from beginning to end. I was never left in the dark or looking for answers. They were always answered and very quickly. Great company to deal with and awesome people.

InventionHome response

Thank you! I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to the members of our team that worked on your project.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

Dumbell exercise rack - I am very happy with my experience, with everyone's help and patience with me. The portfolio is great and makes me proud. Thank you all for this wonderful learning experience for me and my family.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2016

I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience with InventionHome. The professionalism of the team I worked with was remarkable. The response time for email and questions was done with outstanding performance. It would be an absolute pleasure to recommend InventionHome. I cannot thank them enough for turning my idea into a reality!! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

I have had nothing but the best experience with InventionHome from my first email/phone call to my now online virtual design and help with marketing. Have also already recommended them to a friend for ease of just the whole process. Would definitely use this company again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2016

It got a little confusing as to whom I was dealing with at the time. It seemed each step had a different point person. It would have been nice to have just have one lead person to exchange any information with. Other than that, no complaints.

InventionHome response

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will definitely review our process to ensure best possible customer service is provided to our inventors.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2016

We have had so far a good experience with InventionHome. They worked with us every step of the way. Always responds to any questions we may have. We can't say a bad thing about the company.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

Mike and Emily have been prompt and professional in guiding me through the steps of my invention becoming a possible product on the market to be purchased! I am forever grateful for this experience and I look forward to the amazing future for my invention through InventionHome!

InventionHome response

Thank you for your kinds words. I'll be sure to pass along to the team. Best of luck with your product!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2016

I'm very excited to say all that have been involved with my "invention idea" have been very kind and accommodating. Every step has been accurate and they have involved me in every step. Thank you all for all you have done.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

Everyone with whom I dealt exhibited confidence in what they were doing. They answered all my questions completely with professionalism, kindness, and great patience in a timely manner. I applaud them! I would recommend InventionHome without reservation.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

I have really enjoyed the services! I would like to see more feedback when it reaches the customer service phase. Like what company is review, initial impression, strong or weak potential, etc... To wait between monthly update is difficult. Best regards.

InventionHome response

William, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2016

My experience has been good. The staff has been very nice to me and they had got the ball rolling in a timely fashion. The only thing I can say bad is that a few times I felt I was in the dark. I felt as if I had to always call and ask questions on what was next or what certain things meant. As the process went along the staff would contact me for what they needed next from me without much explanation of what to expect, unless I asked them. Having spent almost $2000 I wish I would of felt like they were pushing for my idea to get out there, not just my money.

InventionHome response

Ryan, thank you for sharing your feedback! We appreciate the opportunity to improve our customer experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

I came to Invention Home for help with my invention. I have been very pleased with amount of help in a timely manner. I also didn't have a lot of money to pursue my goals, but your company has not asked for a large amount that was not within my reach.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

InventionHome has explained each step for my invention to become a reality and not just a dream. Together we can market this product and make millions, I've been in the medical field for over 30 years. The need is there! I trust InventionHome.

InventionHome response

Donna, we appreciate your feedback! We aim to provide the best service to our customers.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

I am only in the beginning phase and have just completed my Invention Portfolio. However, my experience has been great so far. Lindsey ** is my account manager and she has been promo, courteous and extremely responsive. The writing and graphics department also did a great job at the portfolio. So far, so good. Thanks!

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words, Dawn. I'll be sure to pass along your positive comments to the team members.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My experience has been nothing short of true professionalism on your behalf. Was a little concerned at first from dealing online. But after my first consultation with a Mr. Mike ** I was more self-assured in dealing with InventionHome. Thank you for being so thorough.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

As a first time customer with InventionHome I went in not knowing what to expect. Everything was clearly explained and executed in a timely fashion. Everyone was very understanding and quick to work through changes. As an inventor who knows nothing about the patent industry I would recommend this service to anyone trying to turn there invention into profit. I cannot say anything negative about my experience. My next inventions will be going through InventionHome.

InventionHome response

Thanks, Todd! We always like hearing positive comments such as yours.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

WONDERFUL experience! Today is day #1 that my invention is released and I am VERY excited to see where it goes! Everyone from your company & the attorneys have been just wonderful & professional!

InventionHome expert review by ConsumerAffairs

InventionHome is an invention and product marketing company that helps inventors and entrepreneurs through the invention and patent process. Headquartered in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, InventionHome's services are ideal for inventors who want to avoid a “buy before you try” service or people who are looking to have marketing assistance with their invention.

• Low prices: InventionHome offers reasonable and fair prices and don’t charge up front.

• Marketing: They offer extensive marketing help and have a huge network of companies looking for new inventions.

• No lockdown on invention: InventionHome does not lock down your invention idea, so if you market it elsewhere before they are able to license it for you, you do not have to pay them.

• Patenting support: InventionHome can file a provisional patent application on your behalf, and then refer you to independent attorneys to help you file a patent.

• Successful track record: InventionHome has helped inventors market their products in retailers like Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walgreens, HSN and more.

• Best for: people who have invented something, people who have invented a design and people who have reproduced new plants.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

InventionHome questions and answers

What sets InventionHome apart from the competition?
Choosing the right company to help with your idea means selecting a company you can trust and one that knows how to succeed. We have built a reputable and credible company for bringing new ideas to market and have successfully licensed a long list of inventors. We have developed a low-cost, low-risk, proven success model and do not charge large up-front fees for licensing. We have developed thousands of relationships with manufacturers, partnered with the industry’s premier manufacturing associations and are proud and active members of the United Inventors Association and Better Business Bureau.
What is the most common misconception consumers have about InventionHome?
We do not charge large up-front fees for marketing. We do not lockup your invention limiting your ability to do your own marketing. We only get paid our commission if we license your invention for you, not if you succeed on your own. Additionally, we offer a Success Monday Back Guarantee, meaning, if we license your invention, we pay you back (out of our share of future royalties) 100% of any service fee paid to us. We make nothing until you are paid back in full.
How does InventionHome measure success?
We measure our success by the long list of marketing agreement we have achieved, as well as inventor and company testimonials.
What are InventionHome values or mission?
Our mission is to reinvent the invention industry by creating a better model for inventors to succeed with their inventions. We are achieving our mission by creating an innovative and smart invention marketing method combined with a company committed to strong values, integrity and trust. The invention process can be risky and challenging for inventors with only a small percentage of inventions or products succeeding on the market. As a result, we were determined to create a low-cost, low-risk model to minimize the financial risks for inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our company continues to be recognized by our customers providing exceptionally high customer satisfaction ratings through internal and external surveys and ratings.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the most significant changes in our industry over the past 10 years is in the demand for new product innovation and the willingness of companies to look outside their own walls to find it. More and more companies are actively looking to independent inventors for new inventions available for license.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Product licensing will continue to grow and we’ll begin to see an influx of foreign inventors looking to penetrate the US market with innovation. As the internet continues to simplify the process of submitting products to companies, more companies will expand their searches from domestic based to wide scale global searching.
How do you see InventionHome growing or evolving in the future?
As the demand for innovation grows, InventionHome will continue to broaden its search for new product across the globe while working to simplify the process of connecting inventors with companies to license inventions.

InventionHome Company Information