Call toll free
4.42/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

InventionHome is a product and marketing company that is committed to helping its customers be successful. Our mission is to guide our inventors through the necessary steps required for inventions and patents. Since 2002, our low-cost invention model has enabled our customers to connect with the manufacturers that are the best fit for their invention. We can’t wait to hear your idea. Give us a call today!

92 InventionHome Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: April 28, 2019

InventionHome is really good and I love them. I went online and I found them. I got all their services except for the portfolio. I did it myself, but I’m finishing it by Friday to send in the 5 images of the portfolio. I’m not very far into it right now, but I’m almost at the tail end of working with them and they’re just waiting for me. My brother-in-law is the designer and I’m the inventor. Everything’s been great so far and I was only worried because of scams. But they seem like a reputable business in the way their people handle their sales. Adam and Cindy helped me a lot so far. They are really nice with me and polite. Hopefully, everything is going as planned is what I would hope. Also, I’m not that far into it to send anybody their way yet because I’m still cautious myself, but I feel comfortable. I don’t have nothing to lose right now but my invention and our family history of what we wanna get somewhere with it. Still, I have no issues right now.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

InventionHome people have been good. They shot my 3D video and did my portfolio. They were enthusiastic about my product and I got good feedback. They all thought it was a good idea and that's why they got on board. But the problem I have now is the waiting. I paid for the patent search and everything was good. We did everything we had to do. But I don't officially have the patent when I thought I will get it right away. They told me that it's still pending. I wanna get it going. It's my first time and I'm anxious to see how this thing is gonna turn out. It is my idea and I own it. I don't want anybody else to get in on it, but it is not official yet. We're in an on-hold mode right now and I don't understand what the holdup is.

Still, I would recommend InventionHome. They treated me well and everyone who talked to me was informative. They were all nice and answered all my questions. I wish they put a call to the attorney but nevertheless, I am not unhappy about them. Also, if they take my product to market, find the right buyer and I make a lot of money, I'll send everybody to them.

InventionHome response

Hi Mike. I will have your Customer Account Manager contact you as soon as possible to let you know the status.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have heard about InventionHome seven years ago, and then I started to see the commercials. I never really took them up an offer, but then as I started to read up more and I did my research, I decided to look into the company. I took their whole package of services and had great interactions with the people at InventionHome, starting with Ernie. I like working with him. And then I have Kristen and Alicia. All of them have been very helpful. They’ve been timely in the request and responding to any questions that I’ve had. They’ve also been open, prompt and thorough. We're still in process, but I had some good experience so far. I was traveling back from a vacation and I ran into a young man in the airport. He was talking about an invention he was working on. I recommended InventionHome to him, and I told him to ask for Ernie.

Original review: March 7, 2019

The rep at InventionHome was a very pleasant gentleman to talk with. He walked me through the various levels, and cost structure associated with their service, which is always important. It was right up front. He gave me some pointers and called me back within a week. He told me that in the initial search, he didn't see anything that was similar. Overall, our interactions have been very good. I entered into knowing that I've gotta reach out to somebody else that can guide me through this process, and the people at InventionHome were successful in doing that. I will recommend other people to InventionHome and tell them to sign in on disclosure, and InventionHome is gonna move forward with their idea. Not everything is successful, but at the same time, at least those people would hear that on the front end.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

Ernie brought me in, speaking highly of everyone inside InventionHome. Once the patent search returned with positive results, we moved forward. I was never pressured to move ahead faster than I was comfortable. My project was given to Kristin who continually stayed in communication with me, especially answering my questions. I am very pleased with the Marketing Portfolio; great job to all involved. Marcella took her time to ask me questions and answer them as well. The patent attorneys also did a great job. Each department has acted like fulfilling their end of my project proficiently and professionally is important to them. And, that's where I am at this point. InventionHome is marketing my invention. Hopefully we'll receive some interests for licensing. I'm not sure. I do know that they are not rushing to do a half-ass job of it or anything. I expect only great things. And, I can only say good things about my experience dealing with them.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words! I'll be sure to pass along to my team.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about InventionHome?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: May 1, 2019

I found InventionHome in 2016 and after paying for some amateur drawings and given access to their "portal" I've gotten nothing besides a referral to a law firm who would handle my patent. Fast forward to 2019- InventionHome is still "actively marketing" my product. I understand some will read this and say I'm bitter because I spent money and got nothing but some useless drawings. That's a fair point, however I would counter with the fact that the law firm that THEY referred me to is no longer accepting referrals from InventionHome based on dishonest business practices. While there are laws on the books to prevent this type of shady business practices "Jacob Enterprises" (Parent company) will close up shop and open under a different name to avoid prosecution.

Please keep in mind, these are not my "feelings" but facts from my current lawyer, who again I was referred to from this awful company. I welcome any contact or explanation from InventionHome or Jacob Enterprises but I assume it will go unanswered just like voicemails. My advice to any inventor is go directly to a patent lawyer and avoid paying these con artists, whatever name they might go by.

InventionHome response

InventionHome has reached out to this customer to discuss.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I just noticed InventionHome this year when I came across this company on Yahoo. Their representatives were able to answer my questions. I used their inventor services on patent searching and patent applications. So far, my overall experience with the service has been great. They’re a great group of people to work with.

Original review: April 17, 2019

My interactions with InventionHome have pretty much been all internet, though I did talk to one fella named Adam on the phone and he was helpful and answered any questions I had. They were pretty upfront with the cost but it could be cheaper for the service that I'm getting. Still, it's been a good overall experience so far.

Original review: March 28, 2019

InventionHome had a couple of so-so reviews, but in general, it was pretty good. I already filled out a form online and all the help was good with Kristen and the fellow I first interacted with. They follow up good. I use them for patent searching and they’re gonna go out and promote it once I get my patent. Their service has been excellent. They’ll call back if I fax something. If I emailed it, I got mailed maybe half hour later saying it was received and “thank you for your response” and all. It’s fast response. I get different addresses when they email me. But it doesn’t matter where they are, they had done good.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I've had an excellent experience with InventionHome's service so far. I’m looking for a PPA, and I have no idea what I’m doing. But the people at InventionHome has been so helpful and I’m excited about it. I've had very good interaction with their rep. She is very easy to access and get to. I'm waiting for a call from her right now. I have some questions for her. The reps have always called me right back, and have always been very prompt at everything. Everybody at InventionHome has been kind.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My experience with Invention Home was pretty amazing. I was going through the internet and I saw them. I had some ideas in my mind and called them. Their reps walked me through their process and explained stuff to me. It was very amazing. This is my first time inventing something through them and they helped me through a lot. They are a good company to get into an agreement with. I did two inventions with them. And I’m so happy and excited. Now, they are just waiting for a manufacturer to accept one of my inventions.

InventionHome response

We are glad to hear your experience was positive!

Original review: March 8, 2019

My experience with InventionHome has been good. I've used their patenting service and the process for that costs money, but they let me know that upfront. I wouldn't recommend InventionHome unless people have the money to do it. But other than that, I've had great phone interactions with their representatives and they were able to answer the questions I had.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I had an idea that I wanted to bring out to the market and we filed a temporary patent for this. All was well until I found it back in the store in January and call straight away InventionHome with questions. They promised me that there were no competitors for this product, paid of course all the costs and now they are saying they can't help me anymore. Apparently there are competitors. Be careful 'cause peoples are not doing their work like it should be done!!! And now nobody can help me anymore since I asked for a completed refund of my money to them.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Great support from the initial discussion with the InventionHome team right through to the delivery of my Portfolio. Only a few minor edits needed and we were up & running. Great service, support and final portfolio delivery. Fingers crossed the idea takes off and I can work on developing more with the InventionHome team.

InventionHome response

Glad to hear your experience was positive!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

After years and years of trying various ways to find a company to get my invention out there, I finally feel hopeful that it's in the right hands. Just knowing this company sees the potential and is willing to take it to the next level has given me much relief and also a lot of hope! Thanks so much, Karen and InventionHome for all your help.

Original review: July 19, 2018

A very helpful team for anyone. They really prove the tagline they follow - "Simplifying Inventing". Though some sites or teams are hard to trust but InventionHome have proved to be very useful for our business idea. Though a little complicated at the beginning, but once you learn more they'll take you to the next level with their end-to-end solutions. It's highly recommended and was one of the wisest decisions made.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have had a great experience. In The beginning of it all everyone seems so productive helpful on showing me there is a high potential with my invention. Now it seems like the marketing stage is not that informational towards "showing" what they're doing to market my invention to manufacturers. I feel like it's all fake now. Think about asking for a refund soon if I see no activity or progress asap.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Fine job again. Great artwork and Caty always gets right back to me with explanations. I do wonder, upon seeing some of the other related inventions, if my legal verbiage is technical enough. I guess that's my only complaint. I like being able to change things and have the final say. But I by no means think my suggestions should be implemented without some feedback as to why they may not be a good idea. Thanks.

InventionHome response

Thank you for the kind words. I'll be sure to pass along to my team.

Original review: April 23, 2018

They provide very little continued support and service once the customer has paid their fee to InventionHome. They don't seem to care about the success of their customer's invention. InventionHome seems to just want to profit off their clients.

Original review: April 17, 2018

When starting out I had some doubt in trusting a to me unknown company to handle my plans. However the support and follow-up on all the steps has been on time, as promised and with accurate precision. Now waiting for positive developments with regards to my invention. The experience thus far has been very professional. Thanks to you Jeff and your team.

Original review: March 23, 2018

The whole processes was very professionally done. InventionHome very much paid attention to detail. My invention was completed in better than expected time. When I had questions they were answered promptly, often the following day. All through the invention process I felt listen to and important. My invention is done, and was very well done! If you have an invention and you're ready to get it done. InventionHome will get it done!!

InventionHome response

Thank you for your feedback!

Original review: March 20, 2018

Would not hesitate to recommend InventionHome to friend or stranger. Easy to work with from the beginning and have been given guidance when needed. Hopefully items (inventions) will soon be introduced to manufacturers and be ready to sell to public. InventionHome has worked from rough descriptions and developed tech drawings/artwork in a timely manner.

InventionHome response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Original review: March 9, 2018

The profile turned out very nice, when should we expect any progress regarding your commitment to the magic pool fountain, how and when will we be notified on your progress with any orders from your contacts. Hope to hear from your team real soon.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I am very glad that I put my trust and you all. So far I can say the job doing an excellent job. Yes I will tell others about you all. Keep up the good work. From Eugene ** I thank you all for the commitment and the dedication. Your have went above and beyond my all imagination. Thank you very much.

InventionHome response

Thank you, Eugene. We genuinely appreciate your feedback!

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have been extremely happy with your services. I look forward to receiving my patent. I am hoping a manufacturer picks up my idea and we can move into production on my TV Tray Covers. I am anxious to keep this project moving forward.

InventionHome response

Thank you, Lori. We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear your experience was positive!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had an terrible experience. I was told that I would get a rep to touch base with me. What I found out that the last phase the marketing phase InventionHome simply disappears from view. I asked for names of manufacturers, contact people I got nothing no help. I paid $3,000 for a piece of paper that says I have a utility patent. I got some pictures nothing else of value that I can use to realty license and sell my product. I received no help, no guidance. I’m frustrated and angry I was ripped off. Don’t let it happen to you!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Here's the thing, they do exactly what they say they will do... Think about that. Nothing is for sure. I had an idea, I had no experience with what I was doing, I paid almost $3000. That I absolutely could not afford and absolutely nothing happened. I was told my idea was patentable and found out that that was inaccurate. I got a provisional patent. I was told it was legal to patent something that is already on the market if it has a completely different use. Come to find out that is infringement but yes I paid for a portfolio and they put one together for me and though I thought it wasn't quality I still approved it.

Don't be stupid like I have been, know and understand the process before you jump into something. Don't trust anybody. I thought this would improve mine and my kids life and I was so wrong. My provisional patent is dead in the water. It was a great useful idea but I can not go forward with it because I don't understand the chemistry behind it because I didn't invent it but I was lead to believe that it was perfectly legal. WRONG. I hate being stupid... So, yes I understand the A+ BBB rating and I also now understand why not to go off BBB ratings anymore.

InventionHome response

We are extremely customer-focused and would have been more than willing to look at your issue and try to find a mutually beneficial resolution had you contacted our office.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

One year ago I signed up with Invention Home. I paid $700. I have gotten maybe two phone calls from them. They of course did not promise any. But you are so excited about your idea that you just think you are going to hear from one of the 70 manufacturers they claim that they sent your information to about your idea. Well, don't expect to hear anything. At this point, my contract is about to expire and they claim that one manufacturer was interested. But they never let you see any information that was sent nor any responses. So you have no verification that any followup was made or if anything other than the deposit of your money was done. If I could do over I would not use them. It seems to me that they just take your money. No real relationship building. Not sure if anything was done to promote my idea. JUST NOT SURE. JUST KNOW I AM OUT OF $700.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

No communication from them once you are signed up... The art department did a very good job though... I still think the way they go about the inventions are not good. The login for the account is a pain... and does not work most times. I ask about shark tank and they said it was commercial and that is not the truth. I have 3 months to go and it could change. Try it on your own is much better than this I believe.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I'm impressed with the attention one gets. One to one when the topic is specifically on your invention and questions are answered promptly, never a delay or a wait. Like I said, one to one attention. Clear answers to your questions, I'm new at this so this was important. Explanations of the process are reviewed and made clear. Good attention to details so the final work will be ready for review by interested companies, I like that. It's been a good experience.

InventionHome expert review by ConsumerAffairs

InventionHome is an invention and product marketing company that helps inventors and entrepreneurs through the invention and patent process. Headquartered in Monroeville, Pennsylvania, InventionHome's services are ideal for inventors who want to avoid a “buy before you try” service or people who are looking to have marketing assistance with their invention.

• Low prices: InventionHome offers reasonable and fair prices and don’t charge up front.

• Marketing: They offer extensive marketing help and have a huge network of companies looking for new inventions.

• No lockdown on invention: InventionHome does not lock down your invention idea, so if you market it elsewhere before they are able to license it for you, you do not have to pay them.

• Patenting support: InventionHome can file a provisional patent application on your behalf, and then refer you to independent attorneys to help you file a patent.

• Successful track record: InventionHome has helped inventors market their products in retailers like Walmart, Target, Lowe's, Home Depot, Walgreens, HSN and more.

• Best for: people who have invented something, people who have invented a design and people who have reproduced new plants.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

InventionHome questions and answers

What sets InventionHome apart from the competition?
Choosing the right company to help with your idea means selecting a company you can trust and one that knows how to succeed. We have built a reputable and credible company for bringing new ideas to market and have successfully licensed a long list of inventors. We have developed a low-cost, low-risk, proven success model and do not charge large up-front fees for licensing. We have developed thousands of relationships with manufacturers, partnered with the industry’s premier manufacturing associations and are proud and active members of the United Inventors Association and Better Business Bureau.
What is the most common misconception consumers have about InventionHome?
We do not charge large up-front fees for marketing. We do not lockup your invention limiting your ability to do your own marketing. We only get paid our commission if we license your invention for you, not if you succeed on your own. Additionally, we offer a Success Monday Back Guarantee, meaning, if we license your invention, we pay you back (out of our share of future royalties) 100% of any service fee paid to us. We make nothing until you are paid back in full.
How does InventionHome measure success?
We measure our success by the long list of marketing agreement we have achieved, as well as inventor and company testimonials.
What are InventionHome values or mission?
Our mission is to reinvent the invention industry by creating a better model for inventors to succeed with their inventions. We are achieving our mission by creating an innovative and smart invention marketing method combined with a company committed to strong values, integrity and trust. The invention process can be risky and challenging for inventors with only a small percentage of inventions or products succeeding on the market. As a result, we were determined to create a low-cost, low-risk model to minimize the financial risks for inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our company continues to be recognized by our customers providing exceptionally high customer satisfaction ratings through internal and external surveys and ratings.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the most significant changes in our industry over the past 10 years is in the demand for new product innovation and the willingness of companies to look outside their own walls to find it. More and more companies are actively looking to independent inventors for new inventions available for license.
How do you think the industry will change in the next 5 to 10 years?
Product licensing will continue to grow and we’ll begin to see an influx of foreign inventors looking to penetrate the US market with innovation. As the internet continues to simplify the process of submitting products to companies, more companies will expand their searches from domestic based to wide scale global searching.
How do you see InventionHome growing or evolving in the future?
As the demand for innovation grows, InventionHome will continue to broaden its search for new product across the globe while working to simplify the process of connecting inventors with companies to license inventions.

InventionHome Company Information