Call Now Toll Free
Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.59/5
Get Pricing

Do you want to see your invention come to life? It's easier than you think! At For Sale by Inventor, we know how important your time, and money is. That's why we have one of the quickest and cheapest methods in the industry to start the process of getting your invention patented and sold. Working with retail partners such as Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sears and more gets you the type of exposure to be truly successful. Our clients love us, and you will too. Call or visit us online today!

For Sale by Inventor Call Now Toll Free (855) 345-3728 Learn More Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

For Sale by Inventor Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I was on AliveShoes and Italian Designs. For Sale by Inventor happened to pop up on my email account. I went through a little short process, and it was something I needed. Then, LegalZoom stepped in. So, I went ahead with LegalZoom to get the patent. The provisional patent started. I said, “Well, I'm gonna see how far LegalZoom carry me.” For Sale by Inventor has the potential to actually put my product in production. They had a very effective representative that was carrying me. I liked what he was doing. He was saying I have a greater potential of getting my production in some manufacturing company or something through them all than I would through LegalZoom. LegalZoom took all my designs and they got them under review. I haven't heard anything from them. So, I'm waiting on them to give me the finishing product of the review of how they're gonna finalize my provisional application.

I loved For Sale by Inventor. I appreciate everything. I was gonna give up my idea before I even knew what I was doing. And in some kind of way, LegalZoom popped up on my email, and I decided to investigate. I was scared to share my idea but For Sale by Inventor made me comfortable sharing it. I shared it, and they gave me a certification that they wouldn’t steal my idea. When I got the certificate, I was so relieved that I want to go all the way with them. But LegalZoom had already stepped in and I had spent money with them. So, I was talking to one of For Sale by Inventor's representative. If it wasn’t for LegalZoom, I would already be off to the races right now with For Sale by Inventor. I got a funny feeling I'm gonna be heading back to them because all LegalZoom does is the legal part of it.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

They provided exactly what they said but I didn’t end up going very far with them or with the idea since I kind of put a pause on it all. The rep that I dealt with was great and very professional. He had to work with my time because of my employment. He was pretty knowledgeable. Any questions I had, he had really good answers for them, but not just gimmick type answers. They were very fitting to the situation. So I felt really good about that. It was just a matter of I had to make a decision whether I wanted to pour any money into this thing or not, and I decided not at the time. What I appreciate the most was that they were straightforward about the process and they made sure I understood that there was a cost involved. If we pick this back up, we'll be getting ahold of them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I read reviews from almost everybody and I've heard nothing but good reports on For Sale by Inventor. They're the best that I've run across. They take the time to see where you're at, where you're going, and how the invention would look. Great group of people. Financially, I'm struggling a little, and they're even willing to help with managing the cost of everything coming into fruition. My product hit the market and I've gotten to a point recently where I'm trying to find some companies that have just bought outright because my product needs to be out there. They know what needs to be out there.

Everybody knows the product needs to be out there because of COVID and people are not safe having food delivered to them. There are reports that CNN did about delivery drivers eating their food before it ever gets to them. Fox and ABC too. That's what my invention is. It's working and they're helping me push that. It's a great company. They're very professional, all the way around the board. I've gotten calls late at night just to check on me and say, "Hey, you doing okay? This is where we're at." They go above and beyond.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2020

My dad and I were doing research on which companies would be the best to start an investment for our product with and who has had the best results kind of not as a benefit of the client but as the benefit of the company. For Sale by Inventor was a smaller, family-owned business that seemed more about getting the consumers’ invention on the right track that's why we went with them. I worked with Joe and he was very forthcoming with information. He gave me all the process, what they're gonna do first, what I need to provide, and what are all the steps that are involved. So far, so good. It's been really helpful working with them. They let me know a lot of information about the actual process which helped me gauge what I should be doing and the adjustments I should make to get my patent up and running. They're a very good and well-experienced team.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I found For Sale by Inventor online. I looked at reviews of six different companies and they had the best reviews of anybody. I spoke with Donnie. Everybody is working from home and he even had his grandson but he still took the time out to call me, which I thought was really cool. He answered all of my questions and made it very clear as to the step-by-step process. I’m also difficult to get a hold of. We were supposed to make contact before now, but I work graveyards and I don’t have a regular sleeping schedule. But I'm sure Donnie has probably tried to contact me.

My big concern is money. I wanted to know what is expected so I can be prepared. I don’t want any surprises and I want everything to be upfront, give me the hard facts. Donnie wasn’t hesitant. He couldn’t give me any specific numbers though because we haven't gotten there yet. I wanted to know how much is it gonna cost for a patent, when that time comes. But he gave me a large range. He told me from his personal experience he hasn’t seen anything less than 2,000. It would probably be up to 5,000.

Donnie told me that for the research, it’s gonna take at least four weeks. I’ve also been looking all over on myself to see if my idea is out there and I haven’t seen it. There’s things that I’ve gotten ideas from. For Sale by Inventor is modifying my ideas, from what I’ve seen out there, to make my idea cheaper and better. I would highly recommend them, based on what the experience I’ve had so far.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I would recommend For Sale by Inventor to other people. They've done good so far with me. The reps were knowledgeable too.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I looked through a couple websites, and I stumbled upon For Sale by Inventor. It looked legitimate to me, so I gave them a call. I'm in the infant stage, but I was happy with the lady that I spoke with, Michelle. She is awesome. Everything she did was perfect. I enjoy whenever she gives me a call because she has a lot of knowledge on what she's talking about and she's very detailed. She answers every question I have. She answers the questions I didn't know I needed to ask. I wouldn't wanna talk to anybody else besides Michelle. Every time she call, I light up. I'm like, "Oh, she's gonna tell me something good again."

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

The guy was really nice and he stayed in contact with me and let me know. For Sale by Inventor is something to do if you got a good idea. They'll help you with everything.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I selected FSBI to assist me with my invention. It turned out to be a disaster! The only thing they really did was develop a video of the product based on minimal information. They told me what I wanted to hear, but never came through. I would get regular updates on companies they allegedly pitched my product to only to discover that it had old contact information. One company's POC had not been with the company for over 5 years. Then their patent attorney was suspended in the middle of my interaction and I was passed on to another.

The patent was ultimately rejected stating it didn't have enough information and wasn't clear enough. Of course, they said that was 'normal' and could fix it with more money. I looked to them for guidance since I had never done anything like this before and they took my money and ran. I had to cut my considerable losses and walk away since I didn't trust them anymore. Don't make the same mistake I did. Try another company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

For Sale by Inventor were good people, and they were good to help you. They were very helpful for me. I'm glad to continue to work with them.

For Sale by Inventor author review by Michael Nranian

For Sale by Inventor helps inventors, new and established, get on the fast-track to launching their products. They work with both inventors wanting to market their inventions and companies looking for the right inventions to sponsor for sale. With a fully licensed legal team and an extensive combined background in marketing and sales, For Sale by Inventor delivers excellent service to both sides of the coin.

• New inventor guidance: From start to finish, even those with no background in marketing, sales, or legal principles can be guided to product launch in record time.

• Legal advice: Their fully licensed legal time holds an impressive combined background and can help new inventors dodge the rough legal expectations that can come alongside new products.

• Inventions accessible by businesses: Successful inventions will be placed on the website, which is easily accessed by companies and other entities for investment and sponsorship.

• Guides companies to the right products: New companies simply have to enter in the budget and details of products they are looking for and For Sale by Inventor will do the leg work of finding the right products for them.

• Premium marketing packages: The offered marketing packages are well worth the money spent, thanks to the combined knowledge of their marketing and sales team.

by Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

For Sale by Inventor questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
    For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.
    What sets your company apart from the competition?
    We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.
    What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
    We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.
    How does your company measure success?
    We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.
    What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
    Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.
    How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
    There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.
    What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
    We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.
    Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
    We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
    How has your company grown or evolved?
    We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information