Call toll free
4.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you want to see your invention come to life? It's easier than you think! At For Sale by Inventor, we know how important your time, and money is. That's why we have one of the quickest and cheapest methods in the industry to start the process of getting your invention patented and sold. Working with retail partners such as Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sears and more gets you the type of exposure to be truly successful. Our clients love us, and you will too. Call or visit us online today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

For Sale by Inventor Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 11, 2019

Eileen from For Sale by Inventor has been absolutely wonderful. I researched For Sale by Inventor and the moment I spoke with Eileen, I felt comfortable with her. I've been carrying around this idea for over a year. I've been sick with cancer and all these things so I just didn't have the opportunity to meet her. I made scheduled appointments to meet with the other patent places. And then I just never went. I just did like a plan about it and I didn't feel like it was right. So the moment I spoke with Eileen, I knew right then that it was right. She talks me right through everything. Any questions I have, I can call her and she's very reassuring. She helps me with everything. Right now, I'm just waiting for the money part of everything.

Another good thing about Eileen is that she's assured me that any time I have any questions, that I'm feeling any kind of anything and I need it answered, I can call her. I wouldn't be rude to call her in the middle of the night, but she gave me her phone and cellphone number. I feel like she's right there for me. She's very informative. And if I'm feeling any doubt, she wants to know exactly why. She called me the other day. So I need to get back with her and let her know the update of what's going on, so we're on the same page. In my book, she is perfect. And she's definitely an asset to the company.

I'm still on the process of everything. And I hope it works out the way that we've spoken about and that it all goes through like I think it will. I hope we get the money to get through the next steps. But I feel comfortable. I feel like they're a god-sent. I already told a couple other people about For Sale by Inventor. They're awesome and they'll guide you right through any questions you have. It's been an excellent experience so far.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I had casual but positive experiences with the For Sale by Inventor rep. He made himself available and talked to me at length because by definition this is a new invention. I don’t know what I’m doing. It has not been done before. He has been very helpful and understanding of my lack of understanding of the process and what’s needed. However, he is not as knowledgeable as the people behind him. He hasn’t been able to signal very precisely to me what’s ahead. I asked him questions about what comes next and then he goes vague. I’m not sure if that’s because that’s not his part of the business or what. But in the situation now where I’m trying to wrap things up, and I keep getting mails from him asking for lots of more stuff, I’m not sure what the steps are and what the endpoint is. It seems weird that it would be quite so imprecise or unspecific at this point.

I sometimes worry that I’m being tricked that the process that I’m engaging in is one that solely gets money out of me toward the goal which I’m afraid I’ll discover they never had one in grasp anyway. There was no way to get a view of the cost. Maybe that’s the case now. But perhaps, there is a way to explain that, so that I would understand that this is all noble territory for everybody involved. There’s a certain amount that necessarily is unknowable. But it has to be less. He talked about tens of thousands of dollars on one hand and then quite possibly very much less on the other. But on the other hand, much of what they said sounds very reasonable. And so, while I have worries, I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m an inventor in this particular instance so I’m in territory that is noble, and I’m a businessperson who is completely inexperienced in such things.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I contacted other invention websites but didn’t do anything with Davison. I decided to sign up with For Sale by Inventor instead and they're nice. My payment to start the research has been delayed and they're pretty cool with keeping up with me to make sure if I am serious about it. I'm a software consultant and the funds that I was waiting for is taking too long. But I'm jumping on a new project on Monday and I told their rep, Dale, that I should be okay then to start the research. I also called and left a message because their website says, “Get your kit,” but I think they do everything digitally.

I’ve even told Dale that I wanted a business card. I know they're a real company and but I told him everything about my invention and it would be really nice to get a letter with a business card. He told me that they do digital but their website doesn't say his name. It says someone else's name. Aside from that, I did some research and for what I do for a living, I know how things go digitally. So, I told him that I didn't see his picture on their website because they have a whole bunch of pictures there of people that are in the company. I also told him that I didn’t find him on LinkedIn or Facebook. So, he said that I'd be getting his email. Other than that, I have a lot of engineer friends that are watching to see how my process goes then they're gonna jump in. And that’s five people with really good ideas.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was inquiring then and I heard about For Sale by Inventor from a lady that goes to our center. She had an invention done and they did hers. I looked at some of her paperwork and the type of job they did for her, and it seemed interesting, so I went ahead and signed up. I talked to their rep, Donnie, and that went really well. He has been great. He helped me along, and he told me not to have cold feet and make my idea a reality. The support that he has given me was great too, and that prompted me to do this. I did the research and that went great. I’m in step two right now. I’m at the patent part, getting everything patented.

With Kristy, another rep that I've interacted with, they send me emails and I’ve been introduced to other teams. Their service has been great and I have no complaints. They send me all the documentations that I have to sign and read, and if I have any questions, I let them know and we go over them. When you’re giving out your money, you're never really at ease. But they've been very helpful and it put me at ease a bit. I also did my homework. I went to the Better Business Bureau and checked out some of the reviews, and they were given an A plus. For Sale by Inventor is a pretty good company to launch your invention and I feel that my invention is gonna happen. We’re gonna knock it out the park. I would recommend For Sale by Inventor and tell my friends to go for it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I started off with Davison and I was cut off from the services. It wasn’t really working out. I looked at different options to continue my invention and was spotted by someone from For Sale by Inventor. I’m physically disabled and I don’t work. I tried to explain that to the lady that I met through Davison, and she was really rude, and hung up on me so I continued with For Sale by Inventor and their reps were wonderful.

I have to get to the library put my designs that I drew by hand in computer form, so I can put together something like a portfolio or whatnot. I can’t take pictures through email and send off my designs that way. I’m just not in the best state right now. I really do wanna do this to make a name for myself, as well as the fact that I am physically disabled. I think about the problems that normal people has just like arthritis and things like that. The damage that it does to our joints. By me pushing the wheelchair, I get cuts and things like that on my hand and that’s what brought about the idea for the handicap invention.

When I mentioned the logo design I clicked on a link, but it sent me to an entirely different company that does specifically just logo design. I don’t know if they are affiliated with that company. I was about to throw a penny out of pocket for that, but that was a completely different company. So I didn’t know if I messed up in that invention link. I just don’t know where to go from here. Especially the fact that I’m not even able to make the payments to For Sale by Inventor like I really want to. I don’t know whether I should look into other places that focuses specifically on copywriting and patenting. But overall, For Sale by Inventor had been very helpful. They were very supportive and professional - everything that I would want in an assistance. When it comes to where we wanna go with our inventions and our ideas, I would highly recommend them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I would like to provide feedback on Jim **. When talking to Jim on the phone he talks 99.99% of the time, when I try to talk or ask a question he would interrupt and always over talk me and talks about ridiculous, non-relevant topics. I was never able to express myself or even say more than 4 words in a row without Jim being rude and over talking me. My questions always went unanswered... I as very productive sales person focused on customer service I find this very counter productive and would not want someone with that low skill set to represent me or my company. Jim made my experience with For Sale By Inventor very frustrating and felt like my words and comments were not listened to or mattered. Very disappointed and really wished there was anyone else to talk to at your company. If my invention would have worked out with your company, I would've asked to not have any further contact with Jim.

Original review: July 25, 2019

The representatives from For Sale by Inventor were responsible. They were doing their job. They’re specialist. My overall experience with For Sale by Inventor was good.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I’m kinda looking out there to grab somebody to help me with my first invention. I got on For Sale by Inventor's website and I got to look at what they do and how far they'd go with this. And I decided to give them a call, and they talked to me a little bit. Now, the problem I’m having is with money to be able to get this done. I talked to Gavin. I’ve talked to three different companies, too. For Sale by Inventor caught my attention more. After we got it going and developed, they would take 10% of the overall profit of it, and then after two years, they would give the 100% back to me. They were really informative for me and let me know a few things that I needed to know.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I dealt with a fabulous representative at For Sale by Inventor. I didn’t complete it, I changed my mind, but my overall experience with For Sale was very good. They were helpful, concise, and responsive. I would recommend them.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Whenever For Sale by Inventor contacted me, they told me to do the regular interaction. Their rep Jake came in person and then we began talking about the details of little things and signing the disclosure agreement. He was very pleasant answering all my questions. It's the first time I ever dealt with someone like this but because I have an invention, I figured I would rather be safe with For Sale by Inventor than risk any other effort that I might do. If they charge me some money, they would put my invention organized in a standardized way in which I can make more sense. I have had two failed inventions that collapsed and couldn't go further. My current invention is one that I want to be licensed and I know the success that For Sale by Inventor will have. The owner gave me information that they had over 1000 patents apply for claims.

For Sale by Inventor expert review by Michael Nranian

For Sale by Inventor helps inventors, new and established, get on the fast-track to launching their products. They work with both inventors wanting to market their inventions and companies looking for the right inventions to sponsor for sale. With a fully licensed legal team and an extensive combined background in marketing and sales, For Sale by Inventor delivers excellent service to both sides of the coin.

• New inventor guidance: From start to finish, even those with no background in marketing, sales, or legal principles can be guided to product launch in record time.

• Legal advice: Their fully licensed legal time holds an impressive combined background and can help new inventors dodge the rough legal expectations that can come alongside new products.

• Inventions accessible by businesses: Successful inventions will be placed on the website, which is easily accessed by companies and other entities for investment and sponsorship.

• Guides companies to the right products: New companies simply have to enter in the budget and details of products they are looking for and For Sale by Inventor will do the leg work of finding the right products for them.

• Premium marketing packages: The offered marketing packages are well worth the money spent, thanks to the combined knowledge of their marketing and sales team.

• Best for: people looking to bring their invention to a larger market.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

For Sale by Inventor questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
How has your company grown or evolved?
We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information