toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

For Sale by Inventor intrigued me when I first saw their ad. Kurt, the gentleman I spoke with, seemed very knowledgeable. He really put my mind at ease. I've enjoyed their absolutely wonderful process and services. Thank you For Sale by Inventor.

Dealing with For Sale by Inventor's reps was pretty smooth. They were very available, knowledgeable, and informative. They answered whatever question I had and everything worked out well so far. I would certainly tell somebody to use them.

I hold a name for a long time and I want to move forward to develop it right now in the market so I decided to contact For Sale by Inventor. My experience with them is great and I'm moving forward with them. Their reps and our conversations have been very good. Also, they understand my needs and explain everything to me. They told me that it will take six weeks for the search and then we move forward for the trademark.

It's been about two months ago that I first got in contact with For Sale by Inventor. I was looking for a company that looked reputable and they seemed like they were good, and I had also read some good things online about them. So, I thought I'd give them a try. I've dealt with the rep, Michael, and he's been good, pleasant, and helpful. He called back and explained their service a lot to me, and he also explained it a lot more to my partner. Right now, we're just planning on doing a search, and he said that process would take two to three weeks, tops. So far, everything's been good. Overall, our experience with them has been pleasant and I haven't felt like I've been screwed over. I'd recommend them.

I wanted For Sale by Inventor to have my idea checked. The reps were personable and they know what they’re talking about. Their accountability seemed all right, too. With regard to them accepting my idea, I was surprised. The guy was upfront. He told me almost everything doesn’t work out. Then, I found out that things worked out and moved as quickly as they did. I felt good about what they said and done. But the decision making is on me at this point. In general, the experience has been good.

For Sale by Inventor

Thank you Serena! We really appreciate your feedback.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

The reps were very friendly and hyped up. They really liked my ideas and made me feel good. It's surreal. I went on to the Better Business Bureau about 15 different times to make sure that it's real because I didn't believe that it is. I've been talking to one man at For Sale by Inventor and he's been great. They're waiting on me because I was trying to find somebody to help me pay the $748 to get started, but when I get my income tax in a couple of weeks then I'm going to do it myself because I believe wholeheartedly in my idea. I hope they see what I see. It's the next best thing since sliced bread.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Consumer Increased Rating!

I cannot say that this company is not as good as they say they are, but I can share what my initial experience was with Jim **, who was the person who contacted me to solicit his company's services. First I received numerous emails about his services. I asked a question in an email if this company was one of those promotional companies that ask for a large amount of money? I feel this is a fair question as I have been warned to stay away from those type of services.

My first conversation with Jim ** was at 7:47am the next day, where he abruptly began raising his voice and stating he could not respond in an email, and needed to respond to me on the phone. He angrily proceeded to tell me he is also dealing with another Dr. who said the same as I did, and began to say he was backed by the Federal Government....

At this point I tried to say that I did not mean any disrespect with my question, but Jim ** would not allow me to talk. He was rude, abrasive and unrelenting. He was going to give me the what for's whether I wanted him to or not. I did manage to say "I think calling me this early in the morning is not okay," he said "oh well I needed to talk to you."

I could not seem to find a common place with this man. I sent emails trying to explain that I feel bad that I am not at the design place to have his help, and the 2nd phone call arrives early in the am, before anyone should be calling a customer. He again was abrasive and refused to allow me to respond. He said he was a very busy man, and if I wanted to check his company out do so, but take my time to get together the drawings needed. Again I tried to speak, and again he would not let me. I was very angry by the time I got off the phone, so I decided I do not need a company where I cannot express or ask questions without being treated with zero respect, so I sent Mr. ** an email stating so. I expressed to him that he had no right to treat me with zero respect and that if he continued, we were not a match.

The next day after he said we could start over and he would wait for drawings, he simply sent an email stating they could not help me with my invention, blah, blah, blah. This is fine with me, but if you work with Jim ** good luck. I know the business is family owned, so I do not know really his place within that family or whatever it may be. He needs a class in how to speak to customers. The company I am sure are what they say they are. And I am not downing the company, just my initial experience with Jim **.

For Sale by Inventor has the highest rating on the Better Business Bureau. The guy that I talked to explained to me what to do, how far I'll go and how much it will cost me. Everything sounds good and I've also recommended them already.

I didn't really know how to start with my invention then so I just tried For Sale by Inventor. But I'm not doing it with them anymore because I really have some other stuff going on. I really didn't have the money that they wanted from me to start so I couldn't go into it with them.

I tried the competition but it was no good. They want too much money. So I went with For Sale by Inventor and everything has been fine with the agent assigned to me. He is really good.

So far my experience with For Sale by Inventor has been great. I'm not done yet, but I appreciate the work that they've been doing for me so far with the patent search. They're very thorough, and they give a lot of information. Donnie has been very diligent and patient with explaining everything to me. Some of the things that he shared with me have been great. He knows a lot of things about the company and what else to look forward to later on. He's very honest, and he wasn't trying to get over on me and wasn't asking for a big lump sum of money and not enough information to give. In fact, that is one of the reasons I went with For Sale. Also, they are willing to work with me by me being a working man. Then having other bills to pay, I was still able to accomplish the patent search and we can move forward now without any heartache. I'm ready to continue forward with the company and see what else is there.

I chose to work with For Sale by Inventor mostly because of their reviews, and I've been working with them for six months now. Steve has been my guy, and he's been great and very accommodating. Overall, my experience has been very stress-free.

I liked what For Sale by Inventor offered online, so I decided to use their service. I've been working with them since November and everything has been going well.

I wanted to patent one of my products, so I looked at different places and settled on For Sale by Inventor after also contacting a couple of other companies. For Sale by Inventor seem to be where I want to go, and who I want to go with. Also, they were well-known because of the George Foreman Grill. I talked to Mike and he's fantastic. He has been diligent but not bothersome about calling and checking. I was glad that he kept me in mind and in the loop to see where I was at. And I appreciate that.

I'm looking forward to working with them as soon as I can come up with the money to start the process. I have a really good product. I'm disabled and on a fixed income but that's not gonna stop me. Unfortunately it will slow me down a little bit on gathering the funds I can right now. I understand I need roughly a little less than $900 to get the search process started. And I'm also looking for an investor. And that's how my money is gonna come back, by just simply finding an investor who's willing to go in with me on this.

I would recommend For Sale by Inventor. My experience was very uplifting and I was satisfied with the service.

My husband had been after me to pursue a little card game that I had come up with for our grandchildren about getting it maybe possibly marketed. So researched online and For Sale by Inventor came up. I also called Better Business Bureau and all the reviews I read were good. They had an A+ rating so I went with them. We’re still in the first stages of it but the representative assigned to me has been gracious, helpful, and polite.

Hi Mark,

I have resent over to your email the Official Record of Invention complete with the signed non-disclosure statement. I hope this helps!

Heather Bateman

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I'm working with For Sale by Inventory right now and my only contention is that I don’t have a piece of paper in my hand that says there’s a non-disclosure agreement. For Sale by Inventor's representative keeps telling me that the fact that I sent it over the internet is proof enough and that is the disclosure. It’s not clear and concise. I may have missed something but that’s my only apprehension about dealing with them.

I had a couple of ideas and I decided to Google "inventions" and For Sale by Inventor popped up right away. I was looking at them and other companies but I decided to go with For Sale by Inventor and Donnie, their representative, was the greatest.

I found For Sale by Inventor from looking for patents for inventions. Their rep who I worked with was a very good guy. He accepted my design. We're trying to work to get it started and I'm trying to see if I can raise the fees that are acceptable to get this thing off the ground but so far I'm very impressed and very happy with their services.

The rep at For Sale by Inventor was courteous and pretty patient in helping me out. He was a pretty sharp guy and he advised me on stuff that I was not aware about. I'm independent and haven't moved forward with the project yet because of lack of jobs they've been pretty helpful with the initial step.

The representative from For Sale by Inventor was very attentive. If I call, he's going to call me back. He is so nice and made me feel so comfortable. I like to work with him hands-on, one by one, so I can get things done because I'm here in Ohio and he is in PA. But he kept me abreast and asked me how I’m going along. If I needed any help, I just give him a call. It was a beautiful experience overall with For Sale by Inventor. They will work with me and they made me feel right at home. I will continue to work with them but I didn't hear from them this week.

I'm very pleased with For Sale by Inventor. They explain things so you understand if the invention will be patented. They're very active getting back a hold of me when I ask them to. We discussed if there's a possibility that someone may have invented something similar to mine and that we could make it a little bit better. It sounds really good that there's nothing on the market for it as of yet.

They know how to work along with another person to get the invention going and for the product to get made. They make money by helping people get their stuff on the market and get a percentage. They told me that it's a really good item and it will sell well. I asked how long it could take me to see any benefits out of it and Bobby, the person I was talking to, said it could take up to a year and some people save money within three to six months. It's going to cost me quite a bit of money but it takes money to make money. I'm being optimistic because the people who are negative get nowhere.

There's been a couple of representatives from For Sale by Inventor and they've all been great, outgoing and made me feel like part of the family, and I'm greatly appreciative of that. We're kind of at the beginning, but so far it's been great.

When I Googled patent services, I saw that For Sale by Inventor's form was simplistic. I was skeptical because it didn't have a lot of stuff on it. But then sometimes, people put simplistic forms because it makes more sense so I took the chance. Then I saw with the invention of how much it would cost, and that's way less than a lot of other stuff. Then I thought about if there's anything hidden once I pay the fee, and there was none. The representative, Larry, is a great guy. I like the communication with him because he tells me things and he's realistic with it. He explains what would and wouldn't work and I listen to what he has to say. He takes into account all of those things and I really appreciate that.

I let Larry know that I'd love to do it but the issue is I gotta come up with the money. It's taking me time trying to figure out ways how to do things. I told him that I even tried employment in McDonald's but they're not hiring. They looked at me like I don't need to work there and I needed to be doing something else. So, it's been a struggle. I did other avenues to try to come up with the money and there's nothing. I said that I'm gonna keep trying.

It's been a great experience. I appreciate the realistic feeling of this company that you're not gonna make money right away off of this. The invention has to get out there and things have to circulate. And a lot of times, there's no illusion of, "You put this out there. We're gonna advertise it. This and that is gonna happen." Nobody can guarantee you anything and I really appreciate that. Some company will guarantee it then you'd find out the illusion and you spent a lot of money that's almost $20,000. You felt like you're out. But then they call you and say to try this and this is gonna happen, and pay them more money for it. So, this has been a great thing working with Larry. We still got the communication going on and on my end, it's just coming with it. I'm satisfied with them.

I found For Sale by Inventor on the web and went with them due to what people were saying about them. I also chose them because of the cost to do the research. They were able to answer my questions, too. Experience has been good, so far. I haven't had any problems that I can see or foresee. They've done the research, which I paid for, and came back saying that I was able to get two patents and a trademark. But now I have to come up with fees for the lawyers fees, the marketing, and everything else. And since it's heading onto the holidays, it's a chunk of change.

The representatives have been able to answer my questions and have followed up on any, if I leave a voicemail. When they say they're going to call me back with any type of answer from their research, they would make sure they called me. If they say they're going to call me on a Thursday, they'd call me on a Thursday. It might be in the morning or the evening, but they'd call on a Thursday. They're very pleasant, they listen to my questions, and if they don't have an answer, they go and find out fast. They respond to emails in a timely fashion also. For Sale by Inventor has been really understanding with the holidays and moving forward with what I'm trying to do as well.

They’ve been wonderful about calling me 2-3 times a week to discuss things. And when I have any questions, I call them. They’ve just been wonderful all the way around. Almost everything is finished and they’ve shipped us over our proposals. They're just waiting on us. So they’ve done their part. I'm supposed to contact them tomorrow and finish going over our proposals. They’ve been really good about going step by step all the way through two years of stuff.

I was making my own search in the websites looking for someone to help me with my invention. I spoke with Joel from For Sale by Inventor over the phone. I explained to him what I have and they send me my documents. He was a nice person and I like the way he communicated with me by phone and by emails. He was very friendly, a very kind and polite person and I appreciate him but I was looking for something different. I like to thank them. Although I didn't get to deal with them, I still respect them for their professional work and appreciate very much the advice they gave me.

I looked on the internet for invention help and then I sent a message to For Sale by Inventor. They have been great. They always call and check on me and I appreciate that. It's like a little kick in the butt which I need. I changed the California look to a certain design and I needed to get the money and pay to make sure no one could steal that design. Then I wanted to start having them printed on shirts and try to sell them. So it's not that easy and I needed help. I work six days a week and all day, I had to do it at work and I had to be careful because I'm at a job. So it's tough but it's definitely moving. I'd definitely recommend them.

I got For Sale by Inventor by googling on the internet and so far the experience is good. The reps have been good and they keep in contact with me and keep me updated by both email and phone. We're in the initial stages and they're doing some searching now. I'll see what happens from here.

It's been good with For Sale by Inventor. I've spoken to Joel, a representative there and he's a very knowledgeable man. I'm working on getting the funds up to get the process going. He explained how everything worked very well and we've got a game plan going. I'm very satisfied with him.

I called For Sale by Inventor a couple months ago. Their rep was very good. He was very consistent and very concerned, he asks if everything was okay with me and he's being a friend to me, which was very cool. I still need to proceed with doing my part, but so far, everything has been good. I like the service.

Question and Answers - For Sale by Inventor

What problem is your company trying to solve?

For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.

How does your company measure success?

We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?

There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.

Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

How has your company grown or evolved?

We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Profile