toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband had been after me to pursue a little card game that I had come up with for our grandchildren about getting it maybe possibly marketed. So researched online and For Sale by Inventor came up. I also called Better Business Bureau and all the reviews I read were good. They had an A+ rating so I went with them. We’re still in the first stages of it but the representative assigned to me has been gracious, helpful, and polite.

Hi Mark,

I have resent over to your email the Official Record of Invention complete with the signed non-disclosure statement. I hope this helps!

Heather Bateman

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

I'm working with For Sale by Inventory right now and my only contention is that I don’t have a piece of paper in my hand that says there’s a non-disclosure agreement. For Sale by Inventor's representative keeps telling me that the fact that I sent it over the internet is proof enough and that is the disclosure. It’s not clear and concise. I may have missed something but that’s my only apprehension about dealing with them.

I had a couple of ideas and I decided to Google "inventions" and For Sale by Inventor popped up right away. I was looking at them and other companies but I decided to go with For Sale by Inventor and Donnie, their representative, was the greatest.

I found For Sale by Inventor from looking for patents for inventions. Their rep who I worked with was a very good guy. He accepted my design. We're trying to work to get it started and I'm trying to see if I can raise the fees that are acceptable to get this thing off the ground but so far I'm very impressed and very happy with their services.

The rep at For Sale by Inventor was courteous and pretty patient in helping me out. He was a pretty sharp guy and he advised me on stuff that I was not aware about. I'm independent and haven't moved forward with the project yet because of lack of jobs they've been pretty helpful with the initial step.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

The representative from For Sale by Inventor was very attentive. If I call, he's going to call me back. He is so nice and made me feel so comfortable. I like to work with him hands-on, one by one, so I can get things done because I'm here in Ohio and he is in PA. But he kept me abreast and asked me how I’m going along. If I needed any help, I just give him a call. It was a beautiful experience overall with For Sale by Inventor. They will work with me and they made me feel right at home. I will continue to work with them but I didn't hear from them this week.

I'm very pleased with For Sale by Inventor. They explain things so you understand if the invention will be patented. They're very active getting back a hold of me when I ask them to. We discussed if there's a possibility that someone may have invented something similar to mine and that we could make it a little bit better. It sounds really good that there's nothing on the market for it as of yet.

They know how to work along with another person to get the invention going and for the product to get made. They make money by helping people get their stuff on the market and get a percentage. They told me that it's a really good item and it will sell well. I asked how long it could take me to see any benefits out of it and Bobby, the person I was talking to, said it could take up to a year and some people save money within three to six months. It's going to cost me quite a bit of money but it takes money to make money. I'm being optimistic because the people who are negative get nowhere.

There's been a couple of representatives from For Sale by Inventor and they've all been great, outgoing and made me feel like part of the family, and I'm greatly appreciative of that. We're kind of at the beginning, but so far it's been great.

When I Googled patent services, I saw that For Sale by Inventor's form was simplistic. I was skeptical because it didn't have a lot of stuff on it. But then sometimes, people put simplistic forms because it makes more sense so I took the chance. Then I saw with the invention of how much it would cost, and that's way less than a lot of other stuff. Then I thought about if there's anything hidden once I pay the fee, and there was none. The representative, Larry, is a great guy. I like the communication with him because he tells me things and he's realistic with it. He explains what would and wouldn't work and I listen to what he has to say. He takes into account all of those things and I really appreciate that.

I let Larry know that I'd love to do it but the issue is I gotta come up with the money. It's taking me time trying to figure out ways how to do things. I told him that I even tried employment in McDonald's but they're not hiring. They looked at me like I don't need to work there and I needed to be doing something else. So, it's been a struggle. I did other avenues to try to come up with the money and there's nothing. I said that I'm gonna keep trying.

It's been a great experience. I appreciate the realistic feeling of this company that you're not gonna make money right away off of this. The invention has to get out there and things have to circulate. And a lot of times, there's no illusion of, "You put this out there. We're gonna advertise it. This and that is gonna happen." Nobody can guarantee you anything and I really appreciate that. Some company will guarantee it then you'd find out the illusion and you spent a lot of money that's almost $20,000. You felt like you're out. But then they call you and say to try this and this is gonna happen, and pay them more money for it. So, this has been a great thing working with Larry. We still got the communication going on and on my end, it's just coming with it. I'm satisfied with them.

For Sale by Inventor intrigued me when I first saw their ad. Kurt, the gentleman I spoke with, seemed very knowledgeable. He really put my mind at ease. I've enjoyed their absolutely wonderful process and services. Thank you For Sale by Inventor.

I found For Sale by Inventor on the web and went with them due to what people were saying about them. I also chose them because of the cost to do the research. They were able to answer my questions, too. Experience has been good, so far. I haven't had any problems that I can see or foresee. They've done the research, which I paid for, and came back saying that I was able to get two patents and a trademark. But now I have to come up with fees for the lawyers fees, the marketing, and everything else. And since it's heading onto the holidays, it's a chunk of change.

The representatives have been able to answer my questions and have followed up on any, if I leave a voicemail. When they say they're going to call me back with any type of answer from their research, they would make sure they called me. If they say they're going to call me on a Thursday, they'd call me on a Thursday. It might be in the morning or the evening, but they'd call on a Thursday. They're very pleasant, they listen to my questions, and if they don't have an answer, they go and find out fast. They respond to emails in a timely fashion also. For Sale by Inventor has been really understanding with the holidays and moving forward with what I'm trying to do as well.

They’ve been wonderful about calling me 2-3 times a week to discuss things. And when I have any questions, I call them. They’ve just been wonderful all the way around. Almost everything is finished and they’ve shipped us over our proposals. They're just waiting on us. So they’ve done their part. I'm supposed to contact them tomorrow and finish going over our proposals. They’ve been really good about going step by step all the way through two years of stuff.

I was making my own search in the websites looking for someone to help me with my invention. I spoke with Joel from For Sale by Inventor over the phone. I explained to him what I have and they send me my documents. He was a nice person and I like the way he communicated with me by phone and by emails. He was very friendly, a very kind and polite person and I appreciate him but I was looking for something different. I like to thank them. Although I didn't get to deal with them, I still respect them for their professional work and appreciate very much the advice they gave me.

I looked on the internet for invention help and then I sent a message to For Sale by Inventor. They have been great. They always call and check on me and I appreciate that. It's like a little kick in the butt which I need. I changed the California look to a certain design and I needed to get the money and pay to make sure no one could steal that design. Then I wanted to start having them printed on shirts and try to sell them. So it's not that easy and I needed help. I work six days a week and all day, I had to do it at work and I had to be careful because I'm at a job. So it's tough but it's definitely moving. I'd definitely recommend them.

I got For Sale by Inventor by googling on the internet and so far the experience is good. The reps have been good and they keep in contact with me and keep me updated by both email and phone. We're in the initial stages and they're doing some searching now. I'll see what happens from here.

It's been good with For Sale by Inventor. I've spoken to Joel, a representative there and he's a very knowledgeable man. I'm working on getting the funds up to get the process going. He explained how everything worked very well and we've got a game plan going. I'm very satisfied with him.

I called For Sale by Inventor a couple months ago. Their rep was very good. He was very consistent and very concerned, he asks if everything was okay with me and he's being a friend to me, which was very cool. I still need to proceed with doing my part, but so far, everything has been good. I like the service.

I called For Sale by Inventor about a month ago. The rep I spoke to explained things to me and asked if I had drawings. He said they'd love to go ahead with it and gave me the disclosure. I was told the fee to be paid so they could move forward with it. So far, my experience has been pretty good. We're negotiating stuff with them right now.

We're in the beginning of the process with For Sale by Inventor. Their rep gave me a lot of information on how it works and the booklet he gave me was very professionally done. I've got to acquire some more money for them to go with the next step. But so far, they have done what they said they were gonna do.

I had an invention and thought of getting a client and selling it. Now, I'm going through the process with Kurt, my consultant from For Sale by Inventor. He emails me and also explained everything. He's the guy. The confidence is great.

At first, I had a bad experience with For Sale by Inventor. I dealt with somebody there who was not professional and he hung up on me. But I talked to a new guy and he's taking care of it. He fixed it all and it worked out. After that, it's been all good.

I was checking For Sale by Inventor and they seemed right to me. They've been available to me as they call me once a week. It's been a hundred percent with them. It's been tough but I hope they'll hang on with me until I get all my funds together.

For Sale by Inventor was good at explaining things. They told me how to present my drawings and my art of what I'm inventing, how to describe my blueprint of the style of keychains I was making. I'm trying to do this for my invention, but the only problem is I don't have enough money to make and send my inventions. So now, I'm looking for investors to help me get on that level.

I was scrolling through YouTube and accidentally touched a For Sale by Inventor ad. When it came up, it had a non-disclosure agreement so, I filled it out but I didn't send it in. Then I got an email from them which surprised me. I didn't answer any of their emails and then they phoned me. But I'm very seldom near my phone so they left a message and I listened to the message. They're on the east coast of the States, and I'm on the west coast of Canada so it wasn't possible for us to link up. I told them they could phone me before six in the morning.

An intern phoned and got me on a Saturday. I was surprised because it would have been quite late where she was calling from. I talked to her about my friend's invention. He already knows a lot of these perils of people who's going to help with his invention. I talked a lot about this to see where they'd go and what my friend has got to do. We haven't given them any money but we've gained a lot of information from them and we intend to deal with them. We've read reviews. Some people have good things to say, some people don't but that happens everywhere.

I came up with something one day then my daughter said I needed to patent it. We went online and she found For Sale by Inventor. I've been having great service. The company was patient and very attentive. They were interested in what I had to say and talked to me about the ins and outs and how to go about doing things. I’ve been getting calls and getting checked on to make sure everything is going okay. I recommend For Sale by Inventor.

I looked up on the Internet for someone for my invention. I explained to the rep from For Sale by Inventor what I thought would be life-saving, and he thought it would be great. I just don't have the funds to continue right now. I'm on disability so my check doesn't go real far. I also didn't realize that there were fees. But the people were fantastic. The gentleman stayed in touch with me and talked to me about several things. I didn't get to the point of faxing him the idea but he has followed up to see if I was ready to go further.

When I was looking for help in developing my idea, I contacted For Sale by Inventor. Their people have been very helpful and informative. I thought of my situation, not being funded right now, and they said I would be contacted in two weeks. It's been an excellent experience.

I talked over the phone a few times with Laurie of For Sale by Inventor and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Other than that, everything went pretty smoothly. Overall the experience was very positive and I would recommend For Sale by Inventor.

It was a little bit of a challenge trying to explain that the idea that I have is very difficult for me to draw and For Sale by Inventor seemed very fixated on asking me to draw it. I have submitted my drawing and they've asked me to do another one so we're still very much in the preliminary stage.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I was trying to get a patent on the thing I invented but leery at first because when I called for the US Patent, I got the office for the lawyers of For Sale by Inventor. I tried to get their rep to understand that I can’t put a prototype together to show what the invention is. Building a prototype for standard use is not going to work because the situation, terrain or building, would be different. It has to be built according to the terrain and area that we are in.

Question and Answers - For Sale by Inventor

What problem is your company trying to solve?

For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.

How does your company measure success?

We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?

There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.

Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

How has your company grown or evolved?

We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Profile