4.6/5 (475 ratings)
Author picture
Written by

About For Sale by Inventor

For Sale by Inventor works with inventors, retailers and consumers, with services ranging from patenting and research to selling products online. Invention services include product researching, patentability assessments, and marketing and patent guidance. FSBI operates an online marketplace for inventors to sell and market products to retailers and the general public. FSBI is headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, just outside Pittsburgh.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Service diversity
  • Legal partnerships
  • Refund policy

Cons

• Pricing not online
  • Service fees

Bottom Line

For Sale by Inventor (FSBI) works with inventors on idea development and patenting. It also offers an online marketplace for product selling. It partners with a patent law firm to ensure proper steps are followed for filing.

Top For Sale by Inventor Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Verified

Verified

What is For Sale By Inventor?

For Sale by Inventor (FSBI) offers research, patent licensing and product development help to inventors. This includes in-house strategies to provide maximum protection and exposure with minimum cost and risk. The three-pronged approach includes idea invention and brainstorming, as well as researching the ability to patent the invention. After the research stage, FSBI helps with securing the development and intellectual property rights.

There are multiple levels for patent search and patent licensing. Additionally, FSBI provides a database of new products for purchase. This is all online and virtual, with options to buy and sell up-and-coming products. You can submit your invention name and description online for a free, no-obligation review. A free 15-minute consultation is also available. FSBI has a customer service promise, which includes a refund for services not tendered yet after you’ve agreed on a plan.

How does For Sale By Inventor work?

To start with FSBI, you submit your initial invention idea online for an idea review and free consultation. After a consultation, you have a few options for patent research and getting a patent issued. These include:

• Bronze: Patent collection
  • Silver: Bronze services plus patentability assessment
  • Gold: Silver services plus marketing overview
  • Platinum: Patent collection, patentability assessment and engineering feasibility
  • Diamond: Platinum services plus marketing overview

Upgrade options are available for a 3D graphic of your invention. In addition to patent search packages, FSBI offers patent licensing packages. These include:

• Basic: Patent preparation and filing, FSBI website listing, sales sheet with a QR code, story behind invention and virtual prototype
  • Plus: All Basic offerings plus multiple 3D renderings
  • Premium: All Plus services plus personalized industry targeting
  • VIP:  All Premium services plus full-color brochures, professional website, 3D viewer on website, domain name, custom blog content, URL search, logo design and marketing fast track

Once FSBI has helped with research and licensing, it offers marketing services through its online marketplace.

For Sale By Inventor costs

FSBI cost ranges are determined on an individual basis, but you can expect to pay under $1,000 for services in the invention research phase. Several factors influence cost, like project scope, service level and engineering. The biggest cost factor can be the patent search and licensing package you choose. There are multiple service tiers to choose from. Other factors that may affect overall cost include any add-on services, like marketing and 3D renderings and graphics.

For Sale By Inventor FAQ

What type of patents does For Sale by Inventor offer?

FSBI offers patent, copyright and trademark protection services. This is done through a law firm, Cramer Patent & Design. You can submit your invention ideas for a patentability assessment to see if it would be beneficial to work with FSBI.

Does For Sale by Inventor offer a patent search?

FSBI offers multiple patent search and has research packages available to help.

Will I make money by selling my patent to For Sale by Inventor?

FSBI doesn’t purchase patents. It helps with patent filing and licensing. It also helps inventors who hold patents get connected with manufacturers.

Where is For Sale by Inventor located?

FSBI is headquartered in Canonsburg, Pennsylvania. It serves inventors and consumers throughout the U.S.

Is For Sale By Inventor legit?

FSBI is a good option if you’re in the initial phases of an invention idea and need some help with developing it, such as patent research and licensing assistance. FSBI also offers an online, virtual marketplace for patented and patent-pending inventions. With multiple services available, FSBI can be beneficial to inventors, manufacturers, marketers, retailers and consumers at different levels.

For Sale by Inventor Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

For Sale by Inventor is a very professional company. The people that you deal with are professional and upfront, which in this day and age, it's hard to find people to just be honest. There's always some distrust in the process, but there is no distrust in this process, because you're investing in yourself. All they're doing is guiding you in the correct direction in order to be the best successful person that you can. The guy that I'm dealing with is Jake, and he's very nice and patient. He walked me through the full process and sent me information on what steps I needed to take. He gave me a good idea of what was to be expected. I'm still enjoying the experience, because I'm still dealing with Jake.

The information is very detailed. And what I like about it is the actual company owner had his own invention, and that's what made him decide to go into it, to help others with their ideas. That was my main reason for going, and that was the information that I received. There was also a breakdown sheet of possible costs, so it's all in the open.

Get buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I've been calling the man from For Sale by Inventor but I cannot get in touch with him. I left him a couple of messages and I even gave my thousand dollars for my invention on the 3rd of this month. The last time I talked with him was when I sent the money and he told me he would call me back in a week and I never heard from him. So, I ended up calling him and he said everything is in place and looking good. I have a good invention and it has royalty on it. He sent me out some papers to sign and I sent them back. I was wondering if I got beaten out of my thousand dollars. The service was good but they should let me know what’s going on. I said I was gonna wait till the first of next month and then try to call him, give him time to work it. But they could at least give me a call out of the blue and say where everything is rolling and stamping.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

I was looking for a place to get my invention started. For Sale by Inventor has a site, I filled out an application and submitted my invention. I paid 898 to get started and it's in the works right now. Donny calls me every Friday. So, he told me it would take a month, and we would go from there. But he said, "It's in the first stages. Don't worry. Everything's going. It's in the works."

He gave me great advice because I was gonna sell it. He said, "Joseph, we're here to help you. So, I'm gonna give you my honest advice. I've been working here 20 years and I've seen a lot of things come through and you pass with flying colors." I got a 9.25, and he said it most likely would be a utility patent because of what it is. And he said, "This is what the stores look for. So, my advice to you would be to hold on to it because you would want to own it. You don't want to just sell it outright because you might be cheating yourself. It's such a simple invention, but it's something that actually has a lot of potential. I turned down a lot of inventions. Mostly, the inventions we got going, they're a 7.25 rating. I don't know how long you had this in your head, but it's a great idea. I think it's doable." So, everything has been going good. I feel good about it.

Original review: June 22, 2022

The gentleman I was dealing with at For Sale by Inventor was trustworthy. His name was Jay and he was going to help me do all the step work that I needed to get done. But the financial part of the process should be improved. I know it takes money to make money but I don't have the $800 initial fee. Since they're a big business, they should help customers in my position. I'm trying to survive out here and even though they could break it down into payments, it's still hard for me to do that because I don't have a regular income coming in. Jay was encouraging me to do the best I could to get the money but they should be the investing company because I got the idea and they're willing to go for it. They should invest in me so I can invest back into their company.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I've been sending in inventions for a research and development company, and I got as far as having a patent on a product. I was looking for someone to take me all the way, having a prototype made and putting the product on shelves in the market. I didn't feel For Sale by Inventor was able to do that. What they were telling me was something I had already heard. It didn’t seem like anything different.

Also, they were saying I don't need my money. Shortly after investigating what they were offering, that wasn't true and I don't want to start off like that. I’d rather them tell me I would need this amount to take it to this far. That was what took me away from really moving forward with them. But they were very professional. Everything they were saying was great.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

For my experience with working with Michelle, Donnie, and Aaron, they were very honest and overall were fast on getting invention to stay moving forward along with engineers done a fantastic job. They are the company that is my favorite and I know I can trust them completely. Only one issue I have is the communication with progress and schedule on timeline of things. Other than that they are very good. Just would like to be responded to and contacted more often and regularly. Once a week or twice a month.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I’ve enjoyed talking with Joe, the rep, a lot. He's been awesome to work with and very down to earth. He’s not all about businesses. There were a couple of places which were all about money and business. They don't care about your life but For Sale by Inventor is more wholesome and oriented to the inventor. I felt a lot more comfortable.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

My experience has been very pleasant, easy-going, comforting, well-informed, questions answered, all details, so far. Donnie was my representative from For Sale by Inventor. He kept me well-informed through the whole process. He answered all my questions and never left me in the dark. I would highly recommend For Sale by Inventor.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

The rep was pretty good. He told me from start to finish how the process goes, and I appreciate that. But I didn't go all the way with them because it was expensive.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

My experience working with For Sale by Inventor has been excellent. I'm getting a better understanding on what's what. The last two inventions that I had were already invented. I thought it could be still accepted because it's mine but they said no. But whatever you sent to hope for a patent, if they can't do it, they send your money back I appreciate that and the honesty and truth behind what they're doing.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information