Call toll free
4.68/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you want to see your invention come to life? It's easier than you think! At For Sale by Inventor, we know how important your time, and money is. That's why we have one of the quickest and cheapest methods in the industry to start the process of getting your invention patented and sold. Working with retail partners such as Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sears and more gets you the type of exposure to be truly successful. Our clients love us, and you will too. Call or visit us online today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

276 For Sale by Inventor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Alicia, For Sale by Inventor’s rep, is great and a very nice person. She has been with me the whole time and has been very attentive. She’s asked me the questions and we've really gotten to bond. She kept up with me and gotten to know me, and I’ve gotten to know a few things about her. She also has explained everything to me. And whenever I've had a question, she was able to come back to me with a response in a couple of days. I've received paperwork, which For Sale by Inventor doesn’t normally do, but they were nice enough to do it because I’m not computer literate. But, everything has worked out well and it’s going along smoothly right now.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

So far, it has been pleasant dealing with For Sale by Inventor. At first, I thought I couldn't get an ideal partner but For Sale by Inventor gives me more information and it was explained to me very well. The experience has been great and I would definitely encourage others to use them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've worked with Garvin at For Sale by Inventor and he has been a good guy. He asked a lot of questions, like what made me start the invention. He also asked me about my son because I told him that the reason that made me come up with the invention was all about my son. Garvin was pretty cool. He also gave me a lot of feedback as far as my invention and he said that he thinks it can make a lot of money. We've been talking but I'm just ready to get started on the whole invention. So I'm trying to get my money together so we can get it rolling.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I just want to say that this Company was the first one that came up when I wanted to patent my Invention, For Sale by Investor. My Project Manager is Jake ** and I can truly say that he’s so Amazing!! I had so many questions about the process and he took the time and answered every single one in a timely fashion and to my satisfaction that I felt Comfortable to Sign on the dotted line. Another thing I love about Jake ** is that he was and have been very honest with me. He told me the first time we spoke that he did like the name of my Invention and I said I didn’t like it either but I had to put something out there. We laughed about it!!! I would definitely recommend For Sale by Inventor to everyone I know. If you’re lucky enough to get Jake ** as your Project Manager you’ll be very Privileged and Happy with him as well as I am. Thanks Jake!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I was doing research on different invention and patent service companies and I found For Sale by Inventor. They were the ones that had one of the highest reviews. I started working with them in the middle of January. The people at For Sale by Inventor were all good and the representative was really nice and kept calling to check up to make sure that things were going smoothly, and he has called a couple of times since. I still have to pay and we are just waiting for my payment to get more into it. I am satisfied with the service so far. They've been really good to work with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

For Sale by Inventor was the first place I looked online. I read reviews on other sites but nobody did as much as they do. The reps talked me through everything and let me know what was next. And any questions I had, they had answers for. Their service has been great so far and I would definitely recommend them to other people. I'm thankful I found them.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

When I googled "help for inventions," For Sale by Inventor was the first one that popped up. They established a trusting relationship off the bat. If I had any questions, they made sure they got back to me and gave me answers and told me which way, so they could lead me in the right direction. They also told me what they think about things, and how they were going to guide me through the process step by step.

As a matter of fact, I talked to the person I've been dealing with. His name is Sean and I asked if I could put my son on the patent or everything that we're doing should something happen to myself. He said he never had that question before, so he's going to check it out and get back to me. So far, we got the dossier signed and I'm just waiting to come up with the money to get the process started for them to look at it and then get feedback as far as marketing. For those who would ask, I would recommend For Sale by Inventor.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I talked to three different companies and I liked the guy that I was dealing with here best. Danny was pleasant to deal with and I liked the way they handled things. The pricing also seemed fair to me based on what was going on. It didn’t cost me a fortune, in case it wasn’t gonna go the distance. The scary thing about it is that it's a gamble on my part. I was willing to take it. But in the back of your mind, in dealing with that type of product, you always worry about whether they are just saying that it's not working and give it to somebody else. Then a year from now, would you see the product out on a shelf?

For Sale by Inventor goes through a scoring process for your product in three different areas. They have their minimums and Danny said they don’t take everybody. But it could be true or it could be false. In the end, I'm out 500 bucks because I didn’t pass. Out of three areas, I was only good in one. I don’t know if they just went that far to get a little bit of my money. Did they know what the outcome was gonna be before we started this thing? I give that a 50-50. They’ve been doing this a long time. They should know the business. I would think Danny, being the salesperson, pumped it up. Then it's my idea so I think it's the best thing since sliced bread. I was just looking for somebody to be honest with me. But if they don’t think it's gonna work, it's not gonna work. It may have been on the business.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Garvin, the rep at For Sale by Inventor, was a nice guy. I told him I needed a little bit more time but by February, I'm gonna jump on board with him. He was great and understanding. I'm kinda ignorant into this whole thing being a beginner and I gave him the information. He laid it out in simple chapter form and got me set up in all the right steps. He was not pushy at all and he was not trying to lead me down the wrong path. Garvin is the way to go, and he treats you like you're just starting out. He doesn't leave anything out. If you're totally ignorant to the system and the process of getting a patent, then he's very educative. I've never met him yet, but his customer service has been more than informative.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I was trying to find a way to patent my idea and searched online but I ran out of time to do that. I was gonna set the project aside for later and do it on my own. The rep from For Sale by Inventor was helpful but it was a bit expensive.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I've had a good experience with For Sale by Inventor. They were able to take on my ideas and they at least let me know whether they thought it was a quality idea or not, without pay. The other companies I found wanted to charge me to take my ideas down and tell me if they thought it was viable, which didn’t make sense. The guy I worked with at For Sale by Inventor was thorough, pleasant and personable. It took a couple of days to get the information. I would recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was inquiring then and I heard about For Sale by Inventor from a lady that goes to our center. She had an invention done and they did hers. I looked at some of her paperwork and the type of job they did for her, and it seemed interesting, so I went ahead and signed up. I talked to their rep, Donnie, and that went really well. He has been great. He helped me along, and he told me not to have cold feet and make my idea a reality. The support that he has given me was great too, and that prompted me to do this. I did the research and that went great. I’m in step two right now. I’m at the patent part, getting everything patented.

With Kristy, another rep that I've interacted with, they send me emails and I’ve been introduced to other teams. Their service has been great and I have no complaints. They send me all the documentations that I have to sign and read, and if I have any questions, I let them know and we go over them. When you’re giving out your money, you're never really at ease. But they've been very helpful and it put me at ease a bit. I also did my homework. I went to the Better Business Bureau and checked out some of the reviews, and they were given an A plus. For Sale by Inventor is a pretty good company to launch your invention and I feel that my invention is gonna happen. We’re gonna knock it out the park. I would recommend For Sale by Inventor and tell my friends to go for it.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

For Sale by Inventor was the first one that came up when I made a Google search. I decided to give it a shot and my experience with the reps went very well. We’re in the process of getting the wheel rolling. I’m quite confident and happy with them. Donnie called me up and he was very helpful and informative. He has been checking in every too often to let me know that things are still ongoing and how things are working out. I’ve been appreciative of them and overall, I’m very satisfied with their service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

For Sale by Inventor called me and their rep has been pleasant. It’s pretty simple to contact him. I would call him, and then he would answers. Sometimes, if I have dinner, he calls me right back. Right now, we’ve been looking over the patent search. I’m leery about the whole thing because I’m in Indiana and they’re in Florida. But on being a trustworthy person and everything, they checked out so far through the Better Business Bureau. It’s all good things on that end of it. The only thing I don’t like is I’m not talking to them face-to-face. But otherwise, I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I just started with For Sale by Inventor. It is going well and everything is fine. They're very quick on the response but everything takes time so nothing has really happened at this time. Nonetheless, their rep has been very professional.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

My experience with For Sale by Inventor has been pretty good. I only talked to one person there but I got my invention going. I’m still in the early stages of this, about a month now, but so far I’m pleased with it. Try it.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I was on the internet surveying the prices for a patent search. I came across For Sale By Inventor and I talked to a couple of their reps about the different prices, credibilities, and patent searches I can get. Right now, I've got a patent search confirmed but nothing in writing. I paid the money for it but I'm not 100% certain that the product will work.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was looking at patenting an idea and I found For Sale by Inventor on the internet. I've been working with them for a month now and my experience has been excellent. The representative that I talked to was awesome and really nice. Currently, I'm trying to come up with some money to manufacture my idea.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

I had to patent my idea and was researching, then the website of For Sale by Inventor came up. I went to fill it out without thinking too much of it and they called me back. Their rep filled me in on a lot of stuff and I’ve been been working with them for about a month now. I’m currently waiting for the research process, but the service has been great so far.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I started off with Davison and I was cut off from the services. It wasn’t really working out. I looked at different options to continue my invention and was spotted by someone from For Sale by Inventor. I’m physically disabled and I don’t work. I tried to explain that to the lady that I met through Davison, and she was really rude, and hung up on me so I continued with For Sale by Inventor and their reps were wonderful.

I have to get to the library put my designs that I drew by hand in computer form, so I can put together something like a portfolio or whatnot. I can’t take pictures through email and send off my designs that way. I’m just not in the best state right now. I really do wanna do this to make a name for myself, as well as the fact that I am physically disabled. I think about the problems that normal people has just like arthritis and things like that. The damage that it does to our joints. By me pushing the wheelchair, I get cuts and things like that on my hand and that’s what brought about the idea for the handicap invention.

When I mentioned the logo design I clicked on a link, but it sent me to an entirely different company that does specifically just logo design. I don’t know if they are affiliated with that company. I was about to throw a penny out of pocket for that, but that was a completely different company. So I didn’t know if I messed up in that invention link. I just don’t know where to go from here. Especially the fact that I’m not even able to make the payments to For Sale by Inventor like I really want to. I don’t know whether I should look into other places that focuses specifically on copywriting and patenting. But overall, For Sale by Inventor had been very helpful. They were very supportive and professional - everything that I would want in an assistance. When it comes to where we wanna go with our inventions and our ideas, I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I was told that if I get a lawyer for a patent, it would cost between $15,000 and $17,000. I then was directed to Davison. I talked to a rep there and she said that I've gotta start with about $800. But I don’t even have 800 bucks, so I’ll just make my invention and then I will sell them online. The staff at For Sale by Inventor explained to me what happens when they take something on. Nobody said, “Wait it out.” They said, “Geez, this is quite a thing.” That was sweet. They also presented the different companies that they think would buy my invention. Then they'd go from there and they'd make packaging. They helped me with the packaging and the merchandising as well. However, from a financial standpoint, our arrangement wasn't going to work out because I'm too old and I’m not gonna borrow any money.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I knew about For Sale by Inventor by word of mouth. They wanted the information I had. I was asking them about the patenting and copyright and they wouldn’t give me too much of information. They said they would send me this information in my email, but I would prefer to have paper. I also don’t think they really understood what I want to do or what I’m trying to do.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I read a couple of different companies and I felt I was being led to For Sale by Inventor. Everything felt right about the company. My faith is important and it rules my decisions that I make. When I started talking to them, I felt really good about them. Donnie is the person that I always speak with and he's been wonderful. He's very kind and informative. If had a question or doubt on something, he was always very willing and good about answering it. And he wasn't annoyed with me asking questions. It's been a positive experience and I'm very happy so far. I would definitely recommend them to somebody else because of their willingness to explain and they do what they say they're gonna do. If they say they're gonna call, they call. And that's important. So, they keep me updated on what's going on. I trust them and to have trust in somebody is a big deal.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

For Sale by Inventor's reps were very nice. Unfortunately, I couldn't move forward because of the cost, but the reps spent time with me and I didn't have a bad feeling. It was a learning experience.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Dealing with For Sale by Inventor's reps have all been great. One rep explained everything to me and she’s always there when I need her. For Sale by Inventor is a great and helpful service. I love the company and I hope to go far with them.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Me and one of my investment buddies were out in a gazebo and we were listening to some music. I saw this apparatus and it was an epiphany. I went upstairs and drew up the design. I have forgotten all about it because I'm an audio engineer and I produce music. A week after, Eileen from For Sale by Inventor called me. She said, "I've seen you solicited something online." I told her I haven't solicited anything that had anything to do with it and I haven't been online. I don't know how my number and name got on her list and it was just a divine encounter. Eileen was a wonderful person. She's right on point with me and excited as well. I let her know that I'll be looking to start paying on part of the money that is needed to begin to do the research for the patent and I'm excited to work with them. Everything is well as far as the contact with For Sale by Inventor and the follow-ups are great. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I first contacted another company. I felt like I was getting scammed and then as I was doing research, I found out that the market For Sale by Inventor is in has a lot of false companies and there's a lot of scamming going on for consumers. I contacted the Consumer Report Bureau on that and they gave me some additional information. For Sale by Inventor seemed to be held of the highest regard. Everything's been great with their reps. The follow-up has been good and it surpassed expectations and things are moving in the correct direction. So before you decide do your research and make sure that you get with a reputable company that actually puts product to market. For Sale has been a very efficient and very streamlined company. The whole experience has been phenomenal.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Everything has been good with For Sale by Inventor and we’re in the early stages. There were no hidden charges and everything was very transparent. We dealt with the same individual from the beginning, which I really liked. He was right there for me. I went into Consumer Reports just to look at who was the highest ranked company that does the same sort of thing and I would recommend For Sale by Inventor.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I was scrolling the internet and I saw something on there advertising For Sale by Inventor's stuff. I always thought about trying to go ahead with one of my ideas or several of my ideas and I thought that because this was here, I’d give it a shot and see where it led to. So, after sending stuff in, they got back to me and sort of liked the idea but asked me to elaborate a little bit more. The fellow I spoke to was very cordial and liked the direction that my idea was going, so we took it to the next step. I’m very pleased with their service so far and I would recommend For Sale by Inventor. At this point, I’m still trying to move things forward, so I’m taking things slowly. They seem to be okay with that, so generally speaking, the way things have worked out has been very good for me. And I’m hoping that ultimately, it’ll be mutual.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I went to this company and called to see if they would talk to me, and they were very nice and polite. I had something and they gave me some advice on how to get it together. Then they told me straight up what was what step-by-step. They told me to send them some pictures of what I had so I did. Then the gentleman assigned to me gave me his email. He emailed me and explained what I needed to do with that. Then he said to give him a callback when I've done that and we would go from there and see what. The customer service at For Sale by Inventor is good. They’re not pushy and I like that about them. I was so comfortable. I was satisfied and I would tell others to try it and see if they like it too.

For Sale by Inventor expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For Sale by Inventor helps inventors, new and established, get on the fast-track to launching their products. They work with both inventors wanting to market their inventions and companies looking for the right inventions to sponsor for sale. With a fully licensed legal team and an extensive combined background in marketing and sales, For Sale by Inventor delivers excellent service to both sides of the coin.

• New inventor guidance: From start to finish, even those with no background in marketing, sales, or legal principles can be guided to product launch in record time.

• Legal advice: Their fully licensed legal time holds an impressive combined background and can help new inventors dodge the rough legal expectations that can come alongside new products.

• Inventions accessible by businesses: Successful inventions will be placed on the website, which is easily accessed by companies and other entities for investment and sponsorship.

• Guides companies to the right products: New companies simply have to enter in the budget and details of products they are looking for and For Sale by Inventor will do the leg work of finding the right products for them.

• Premium marketing packages: The offered marketing packages are well worth the money spent, thanks to the combined knowledge of their marketing and sales team.

• Best for: people looking to bring their invention to a larger market.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

For Sale by Inventor questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
How has your company grown or evolved?
We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information