toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

For Sale by Inventor intrigued me when I first saw their ad. Kurt, the gentleman I spoke with, seemed very knowledgeable. He really put my mind at ease. I've enjoyed their absolutely wonderful process and services. Thank you For Sale by Inventor.

It’s been a good experience so far with For Sale by Inventor but I had to stop because I got sick and a bunch of things started happening around us and messed up our center of gravity. Their representatives were easy to get a hold of. I called them back a number of times. I dealt primarily with Garvin and he was very congenial. He told me what I needed to do and before I can go any further with them, I needed to pay them about $800 monthly. And then I will have to make a decision if I want to go further with them in terms of the legalities. I have some kind of notion of what’s going on but I had to get back to Garvin to go through the monetary process. Overall, it seemed to be a whole lot more of a process than I anticipated and a lot more expensive than I thought it might be but their customer service was very present. And I haven’t been able to get back to it yet, but I’m still serious about it.

When you click on the advertisements on the cell phone by For Sale by Inventor, it gives you information including details and A plus BBB ratings. You then call and speak to an agent who requires you to submit some information if they think you have a possible product. Then you call and speak to an agent who requires you to submit some information if they think you have a possible product for them.

I faxed the agent a description of my product then I sent him a photograph of it and a full description of how it's to be used. He wants to know if my product is unheard of or if there's nothing on the market. He wants my product to be superior to anything else on the market. I gave them a ton of information, some designs, indications, and some information about assembling. They have engineers and manufacturers waiting to bite into something and get it going. They have to decide legally about the patent and protection. It's been two months and that's where we are at.

They're nice people at For Sale by Inventor, but I have to see the results. I delivered what they’ve asked for, my ideas, but I haven’t received anything outstanding back from them. They sent a little description of how they would proceed with the product but there wasn’t an honest vision. I need to have it showing that there is an equipment behind the user that would help prevent further injury to a damaged back. It may be the best diagram in the world, but if you were to look at it, you'd say it's a picture of a backpack. We're in the early stage so my anticipation is to get this settled and have the product on the shelves for the holiday shopping season. It's only August, but I have September, October, November, December to really make an impact on Christmas shopping.

I'm doing a lot of research online when I found For Sale by Inventor's website and I liked what I’ve read. I received very personable and great service from their rep. He broke down the process to me to where I can understand it and gave me very comprehensive information on what to expect. So far, I had a pretty good experience with For Sale by Inventor.

Sometimes I call the rep from For Sale by Inventor and he returned the calls right away. Sometimes he's very busy and can’t pick up the phone because he's on another line. But there’s nothing major than that and everything went well with him. It's a good service.

I've been dealing with Kurt from For Sale by Inventor and everything that I've dealt with has been very positive. He knows his field, and that’s a good thing. Any questions I got were answered and if he doesn’t know, he finds out. I'm busy and don’t have much time, but he was very patient with me not returning phone calls and being late on emails. Overall, I'm satisfied with For Sale by Inventor's service and definitely pleased with my experience with them so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

For Sale by Inventor talks a good game, but after talking to you for 20 minutes, they lower the boom on you at the last two minutes. I'm an inventor and I invent all kinds of stuff. They told me that I have a good invention and they said, "We can get your invention and ideas into all of these different companies” and that I'm a person waiting on the money to come up. They said they'll do this and that, and they just irritated me more.

They weren't helpful. I needed to put a patent on my ideas, but they wanted me to pay $1,000, when I can go up to the courthouse and get the patent paperwork for $80, not $1,000. They're liars. I got their ad off the TV that said I can get free paperwork to have a copyright for my invention so nobody else can make it. This part was supposed to be free, but I can't get anything from them until I hand them the first bit of money, and I haven't got $1000 to give them. They said that the $1,000 fee would be paid on three easy installments, but I can't even come up with that when I’m on disability. By the time I paid them, I'd be broke.

They pissed me off pretty badly. After I've talked to some people about my ideas, somebody else that had the money to back them up got my invention made. Meanwhile, they were getting rich while I was sitting here scratching my head because I couldn’t do that. I guarantee that, within six months, somebody else is going to make my invention that I talked about with For Sale by Inventor. So, on the 3rd of next month, I'm going to go up to the courthouse and get the paperwork to put a patent on my invention, so that if somebody else makes it, I can sue them.

I had a short conversation with a rep from For Sale by Inventors. I found that what I wanted to invent was already invented, but he said there are always other steps I could take to enhance it. But I said, “No. They even did better than I thought of.” He said that if I ever needed anything in the future or wanted to brainstorm, I'm more than welcome to work with them. They were great and very friendly.

When getting down to the cost, I discovered that For Sale by Inventor only shares it one phase at a time. They have different phases for going through the patenting process and I figured that the first price they gave me was the price for the whole patent. Now, that I've paid and completed it, what I found out is a phase of their patent process. So, I just stopped working with them all together because after I completed what I thought would be the final costs involved with filing the patent, they sent me a $12,000. They don’t have a thorough ethic involved with throwing everything out there the way I do.

Also, whomever I interacted with was professional and courteous, but it appears to me that he’s focused on being one and the overall experience doesn’t seem like they're too concerned with it as long as they make $1,000 at a time and with people walking away. As far as being thorough, the CAD-generated copy of my diagram was also nowhere near complete or up to spec. I know CAD-generated artworks and when you show me something that was like it was drawn in a cartooning class and lacking all the details, it doesn’t show that they did a CAD-generated copy of the diagram at all. But one thing that’s for sure is that the reports they gave me as feedback could be helpful for my business plan. There were a lot of useful material that came from them, but I'm going through somewhere else to complete the process. I wouldn’t recommend them.

The For Sale by Inventor reps have been awesome and they answer anytime I call. The person I worked with was Donnie and I've even talked to him two hours before he got married. I had an invention about six years ago but I didn't get to go all the way with it. Now, I’m waiting on my patent pending and I’m finally going all the way.

For Sale by Inventor people are great to work with. I had an item that I wanted them to sell by getting it patented. They've been knowledgeable about all the information if there’s something that I didn't know. I like them very much, and they keep me on my toes. They're not pushy if I need to get things done in the time I need to get things done. They explain things very well if I have questions. I'll get them again because they're very helpful.

For Sale by Inventor is a great place to get started. But I didn't get too far in the process since they needed $700 and I didn't have that kind of money.

For Sale by Inventor was very good to deal with. They were very confidential about my idea and they wanted to get it done. As soon as I put my idea in, a rep called me every day which I didn't mind because I was involved in my idea and I was hoping it would work out. They were full of information and they let me know what steps I was going to take. They helped me as much as they could, but my money fell out and I couldn't get the cash. If I had come up with the money, I would have gone through with it. Overall, I had a very good experience with them.

I found For Sale by Inventor online and I spoke to Donnie on the phone and I trust him so far. I also reached out to a few companies and they tried to recruit me a little bit more by calling me. Every single company wanted to work with me and when I spoke to each and every one in detail, Donnie seemed a little bit more trustworthy. He was knowledgeable and experienced and every time I reach out to him, he responds. If he doesn't answer the phone, he’ll call right away. I also liked that For Sale by Inventor doesn't take a commission from me. Instead, they take a commission from the company that purchased the product. So that was huge, too. And every other company wanted 10% or in that range. It’s great to begin the process with For Sale by Inventor and so far, my experience has been good.

I read reviews about For Sale by Inventor and they stood out to me. They were the first ones I called and I liked what they had to say. I spoke with two different reps, and have received several emails from individuals even the CEOs too. I understood the process and they have been there for me. They're very pleasant people and are really inspiring.

Everything that For Sale By Inventor had to offer on was all written up, which was really good. When you read it, it’s not like you are reading something that's going to rip you off. We've had bad luck with the internet, so then we were hesitant. But it was incredible when we read their stuff and it was good talking with them. A lady phones us every now and then to see how things are going because she really wants to get everything going. It's like she’s just as excited about it as I am.

I felt that they're honest even before I read their paperwork. It's really neat talking to them because when I have an idea, I'll never know if it's going to work or if it's a good enough idea since lots of people have ideas too. And they were honest enough to tell me if it's a bad or good idea. They have been that way which is really good. We just have to gather everything up so that we could continue on with them. We got to come up with some money ourselves. And once we do that, then the next stage is how we need to do our part so then they can do their part.

We were looking for someone who was advance to help us out in making decisions on the idea in which we already had work going. We reached out to For Sale by Inventor. I didn't want a company that didn’t have any experience as to what we were doing. The representative was good. He's a superb guy, straight no chaser. He was knowledgeable enough to give the information we needed and explained to where our understanding was and what we're paying for. It was amazing trying to get a clear understanding of what gets us through the patent. That's what we would basically deal with was what it takes to get through the patent. We know that we can do a utility patent; we know that in a roundabout what the cost might be; and we know the advantages of working with the company.

For Sale by Inventor said they're going to get us in front of a marketplace that might be interested in collaborating or work cohesively with our invention, connect to the grid for us to somehow recoup some of the cost that it has taken to work with them. So far, the experience has been a learning one. We’re still in process and we’re still doing some paperwork in reference to working on patent and design. Maybe we needed to understand the pricing more, but as far as with problems what can be done, it remains to be seen.

The representatives from For Sale by Inventor were very helpful. They sent me a form to fill out and helped me through the process to sell the idea to someone that would go ahead with it. They were very oriented in what they do. They were also nice to talk and work with. My wife and I have sold our place and we’re moving, so I hadn’t had a lot of time to pursue what I had talked to them about. Right on the front end, I told them I don’t want to sink a lot of money into something because this day and time you never know if people are on the up and up and just bleed you dry for money. But For Sale by Inventor is not that way. They’re number 1 in my book.

I was looking up patenting processes and I found For Sale by Inventor on the internet. They're good people. I talked to them on the phone a few times and it has been smooth and very good. There was one rep whom I interacted with and he was respectful. I learned a lot about what I'm trying to do. It's a lot of charge, but it's less than if I was to do it myself.

The reps at For Sale by Inventor have all been cordial and are not pushy. They offer enough information. However, I'm still a little foggy on exactly what happens if you pay for this program and if it covers the patent cost completely. Otherwise, everything's been fine and it's been a good experience.

I searched through Google, went through a couple of different companies, looked at the reviews and then decided to go with For Sale by Inventor. I talked to them and there were some questions that were answered vaguely. I wanted more explanation on the future and what happens in the process. I was under the impression that the patent would be done very quickly like within two weeks but it was the research that took two weeks. I was told after everything that it would take 90 days or more. There was a little confusion in regards to that. I had expected that from the beginning, but when they told me that it would be quicker, I thought that that’s great. I had those kinds of expectations but it wasn’t a huge deal. Also, it has been good, so far. I have just given my final sketches and explanations a couple of days ago and I'm waiting for a feedback.

For Sale by Inventor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Greg!

Original review: May 27, 2017

I worked with Garvin, a representative of For Sale by Inventor and he was helpful and informative. He had a lot of encouragement for the invention that I had. We tried to get it off the ground but I had some legal problems with my wife, so that that put a hold on it. But he’s been checking in to see how things are going and keeping contact. He gave me his office number, email address and cell number. He told me that I can contact him any time I had any questions so, I have access to every means to connect him. I told him once I can find out what’s going on, then we can get this thing off the ground.

Everything flowed easily and I was able to get my drawing and my description of my product within a half an hour. I got everything in to Garvin and he gave me the, “Okay,” and run me through step-by-step on how I’m supposed to get it to him. So, everything worked out great. I worked with another guy, Mark – and we had problems getting in contact with each other. I’d call his number and leave a message and he’d call me and we just quit contact for about two months. But as far as somebody getting in contact with me, there were several people who tried but I’m usually hard to reach. Cost-wise, it’s reasonable. I was surprised because I was told that some of the patent fees were in the area of about $25,000. The services are great and the people were easy to work. Even if I couldn’t do it, they were able to do it for me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have responded to you privately.

Best,

Heather Bateman

Original review: May 26, 2017

My first review was regarding a person I dealt with at this company who has some major anger issues. He would make a point to scold me if I asked a question he did not like, a very bad experience. Then I left another review after receiving a call from another agent who stated he wanted my business... and gave a little apology for my first experience. I gave the benefit of the doubt and was impressed when Gavin called and apologized. During our conversation I still could not find out what this company actually does, or how much monies are involved. I did say to Gavin that I do not have tons of money, and it was interesting his response was his reference to my email which indicates DR. I do have a Doctorate, and he assumed that meant a lot of money, as he pretty much stated so.

His interest in me seem to wane at this point. He became vague, and when corresponding with him in an email, he would simply write back and say "Talk to me when you have your patent pending status." LOL. This was so weird as it seems to be a big secret about what they can do to help me or how much they want to charge. Then about a week later his email was no longer working, and when I left messages he never called back. I expected as much as I think this company is looking to take as much from the inventor as they can.

This is one of those where they say "Customer beware", all is good and the writing was on the wall with this company from the very beginning, but I did give it a second try and never again. I am now working with a wonderful company and things are going great. They were very upfront about fees and I did not mind sending a lot of money for a company that cares about what I am doing and is working hard to get me where I want to be. But if I were you I would think twice about this company.

For Sale by Inventor and I have been talking for two months. It's all been very good and very professional, and we're moving forward.

I was dealing with another company. I did a Better Business Bureau check on them and they were kinda shady. I opted to not go with them. But For Sale by Inventor has been real good, so far. Their rep, Donnie, was very supportive and willing to guide me. He has been very good as far as advising, encouraging, and keeping me informed of what needs to be done and how I need to do it. He's brought some very good points and I'm very happy with him. I hope it goes through.

I want people that have a CPAP machine to be able to have the benefits of this because I did a prototype and I love it. A majority of it is gonna go to the church. I'm hoping to look at them as the investor in this and I would give them a majority of the proceeds. I'm not looking to become a millionaire but maybe just a small retirement would be great. I'm still apprehensive about this because there's just so much stuff in this world. My pastor is so swamped all the time and I'm waiting for the rep to talk to him. But, they did a review on it and said that it's a very viable product and they're encouraging me to pursue it.

The cool thing about For Sale by Inventor is that they do everything in-house, from the review, to the patent search, to the manufacture design, to the patent attorneys. I was really happy to hear that because the other people that I was dealing with were like, "Well, we gotta do this in steps and stages. We got one person that's gonna do this, another person's gonna do that," and I didn't like it. For Sale by Inventor has been doing this for 25 years and has 8,500 manufacturer contacts. I would encourage anybody to go through them.

I was looking up how to patent an invention and found For Sale by Inventor. My experience with them has been amazing. The follow-ups have been great. The young lady who has followed-up several times has been very helpful and really answered all my questions incredibly. In today’s world, as much as any other time, customer service is the pinnacle of what businesses build on. And that is why I wouldn’t even try another avenue except for going with For Sale by Inventor.

My experience, to this point, has been excellent. However, due to financial reasons and a little overload on our schedule, I’m not prepared to move forward yet. It was a little disheartening as far as the cost. When you look at it on your own, it becomes an impossibility unless you have previous experience or you really know the ins and outs for looking for patents and things of that nature. You get up around $14,000 to have something. And it’s a lot of risk for just an independent, average, working Joe. It is a lot of money. But at the same time, if you can pull a return, if your invention’s that good, it’s worth leaping into. I’m looking forward to trying to move forward.

I was working with InventHelp. I didn’t like their guy since he was really fishy. For Sale by Inventor came up and their rep got in touch with me. He’s been in contact with me for about a year. He’s been positive and I love him. It's been a great experience working with him. My starter fee is $700 and I wish they would take installments. But when I get my funding together, I’m definitely going to work with For Sale by Inventor. I wouldn’t think about going to anybody else.

For Sale by Inventor has been helpful. The only problem we had with their rep was communication in getting back and forth. He had issues and when he could no longer take care being the representative for the company, he passed it off to another gentleman who has been on point. We've even had conversations with the owner, and I'm very, very, very impressed. Their added effort, going above and beyond and holding the hand of my son to go through the process and helping him with his patent by personally going step by step and explaining everything to where he can understand has been a breath of fresh air. It's remarkable and it's fantastic. We're really happy with it. We don't get and see this very much, especially in the corporate world.

The steps are very tricky in getting a patent. There are so many nefarious people out there that will take customers' money and tell them exactly what they expect. If customers have any questions or concerns, For Sale by Inventor is more than happy to come back and show them even over and over again to make them understand, to where they are comfortable with what their decisions are. It's eyes-wide-open-type deal, and I found it very refreshing.

I'm at about the third process now with For Sale by Inventor and so far, so good. We still talk back and forth and I gotta still pay them some more money and go on from there. They have excellent customer service. Definitely, if you need to talk to someone, they will call you right back.

I first saw For Sale by Inventor on the internet. So far, the experience with them was good. They were easy to contact and the interaction was excellent. Since I didn't know what I was doing, they helped me a lot.

I was Googling trying to find a good company that I can get my patent with and came across For Sale by Inventor. Their rep was terrific and was very patient. He worked with me, told me everything I needed to know, and walked me through everything well. In fact, when I go with my other inventions, I don’t want to work with anybody else. I have a lot of confidence in him. I've never done anything like this before but right now, the service has been great and the experience has been awesome. If you want to deal with anybody getting a patent, a company that's very reputable and definitely know what they're doing, For Sale by Inventor is the one to go to.

Question and Answers - For Sale by Inventor

What problem is your company trying to solve?

For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.

How does your company measure success?

We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?

There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.

Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

How has your company grown or evolved?

We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Profile