Call toll free
4.68/5
Based on 226 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you want to see your invention come to life? It's easier than you think! At For Sale by Inventor, we know how important your time, and money is. That's why we have one of the quickest and cheapest methods in the industry to start the process of getting your invention patented and sold. Working with retail partners such as Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sears and more gets you the type of exposure to be truly successful. Our clients love us, and you will too. Call or visit us online today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

239 For Sale by Inventor Consumer Reviews and Complaints

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: July 26, 2018

When I called For Sale by Inventor, the representative really explained and clearly walked me through the whole process. He made it real easy for me where I could understand it. Because this was new, I needed somebody to really hold my hand and walk me through it, and I felt like they gave me that. I felt real comfortable with them and I've made a referral as well. So far, I feel confident in my design and in moving forward with the process of getting trademarked and making a lot of money.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Working with For Sale by Inventor has been a good experience and I look forward to working with them more. My interaction with their rep over the phone was good. I haven’t put any money towards it yet as I am figuring some stuff out, but so far, they seem knowledgeable. I'd tell my friends to go for them and try away.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have a product that I invented and I wanted to start selling it. I wanted to do it the right way so I wanted to pull a patent, and I researched as much as I could online. It turned out there were so many different things when it came to patents as far as companies now since I looked into it before, so I didn’t know who to go with. I started reading about people getting ripped off and they have companies that say they’re researching patents for you, but they just subcontract and you don’t even know what you get back. I went through Consumer Affairs and they listed five or six different companies that handle patent searches. They asked me a few questions on the site and For Sale by Inventor popped up as the one that I should use.

My interaction with the reps at For Sale by Inventor was great. Everything goes in writing and they say what they’re gonna do. There’s nothing hidden and it's very upfront. There were no promises made, which I like. From day one, they said, “Look, we don’t know. There’s no guarantee you’re gonna get a patent. But we’ll do the search and see what comes up.” That was exactly what I wanted to do and they did that. It turned out that there is no patent on the product and they’re working with me towards trying to bring this thing to the market. When I started with them, my intent was to see what happens because I don’t know about this new product idea that I invented. For Sale by Inventor did all the research and they came back with a very good detailed report. They told me what my next step will be and they’re right on track with what I wanted to do to begin with. They’re not trying to stir me towards doing this or that.

They're also pretty much all-inclusive, so when it comes to somebody like me, with what I’m doing and having invented a product and trying to get it to market to sell, they can handle every step of the process, which is fantastic. They’re very experienced. They went through an actual attorney with the patent search and he dealt with me directly. Everything has been very professional. We’re moving forward and they’ve been really right on the mark with everything. The service has been absolutely great and I would definitely tell my friends to use For Sale by Inventor and that they don’t need to go anywhere else.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I’m developing an idea with an invention involving automobiles and I went with For Sale by Inventor to see what it'd be like. The process was primarily through cellphone communication and a few emails sent. However, the cost is way too high so I am unable to work with them at this point. Even so, the customer service people were really nice. They answered a few questions about the steps that I needed to take to be able to get a patent.

Original review: July 17, 2018

I have a very positive experience with Aileen. She is more of a mentor or a friend than a representative who could guide you through the process in For Sale by Inventor. It’s like we have this connection and I’ve known her for years. She is very friendly and helpful too. She's very easy to contact and she reaches out more than enough. Currently, I’m waiting for the next phase because For Sale by Inventor is very interested in the invention piece that I came up with, but I have to come up with the money for the patent process. And that’s where it becomes problematic for me. Other than that, For Sale by Inventor overall provides a kind and caring service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: July 13, 2018

I had a good experience with For Sale by Inventor. Their rep has been extremely patient. Usually, my daughter does the emails but she has been so busy that my wife and I haven't been able to get her to do it so it took us a while to get all the information the rep needed and the money. We're just getting started. He talked to me a few times and told me that if I had any questions, to just call him and he would walk me through it. That's when I told him that rather than he waste a bunch of time, I would just go ahead and send him everything via UPS, except for the picture of the patent itself. He recently texted me and we found out why he haven't got what we sent him yet. It was because we didn't put a suite number on it, and he has done nothing but try to track down the check. Since I haven't heard from him, I'm assuming that he's got it all figured out.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I contacted For Sale by Inventor and presented my idea. They reviewed it and we communicated through email and by telephone. Then they made a formal note of it. Although my idea is not registered, I feel a little better about somebody knowing about it and that it's mine. Then they said a $600 US deposit with them is needed for them to do the next thing in the process. I'm feeling prepared to do that with them, but because I'm a marijuana company, I'm just in the process of getting my bank account opened and it's a little bit of an ordeal.

I looked at having a lawyer assist me but the fees are much more expensive and they load you with the burden at the front-end. The response that I got from lawyers always was that it would cost me $50,000 to register and to go through the Patent process. It was very intimidating, but I like the way that For Sale by Inventor do things in stages where I can put $600 in, take it to the next step and see how I'll go, then they'll give me another quote for the next step. That's more comfortable and much more reasonable for a small company like mine. If you have an invention, check out For Sale by Inventor. So far, my experience with them has been pretty positive.

Original review: July 2, 2018

The first rep I interacted with from For Sale by Inventor was nice and courteous. He wasn't very pushy too. The second one didn't call back. It took me a while before I could actually sit down and talk to him about anything. But the third person, who was a woman, didn't give up. When I told her to give me two weeks as I was busy at that time, she did, and she walked me through some stuff and told me that they were interested in my idea. They then sent me out a contract. However, I didn't have the money to put down for what they wanted. They wanted $600 down to get to pay for their attorney fees. But the biggest thing I'm waiting on right now is to hear back from her on being able to secure the name of the company that I want to start. I told her that once I secure the name then I would feel more protected, and then I can look further into putting the $600 into the patent idea of what I want to do.

The lady I'm working with is very patient. She calls me back when I ask her. She touches base with me if I don't have time to talk. I'll just text her I don't have time to talk because I work between 14 to 16 hours a day. She knows that, so she doesn't call me during the day. She just calls me on the weekends. She's friendly and courteous, and cares about what I want and how she can help. I'm satisfied with For Sale by Inventor.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I already knew to look for a trademark and all then a friend of mine just got a job at For Sale by Inventor so that was how it all worked out. I’ve done copyright but I didn’t have to talk to anybody so that was different and with For Sale by Inventor, it seemed like everything went fine. My friend was new and knew was he was doing. He did a great job. My overall experience with For Sale by Inventor was very good.

Original review: May 25, 2018

My experience with For Sale by Inventor has been excellent. I’ve been in the hospital and my left foot was removed and my right foot is beginning the process. One of their employees, John, has been a big help and he stayed in contact with me. He didn’t call me back, but he called me frequently when I’m not in the hospital. He didn’t wanna bother me and I appreciate that. I felt they were genuinely concerned and excited to help. The dealings I had with their reps were all very relatively really good. They explained to me exactly what I needed to do, how to do it, and gave me feedback on how I might improve and bring out my inventions, which was really my investment bank. It was a professional, very interested and participated experience. It was very nice to have them.

Original review: May 24, 2018

My interactions with For Sale by Inventor's reps went well. We talked over the invention plan and when I’ll be able to make my first payment so that I can try my invention and look forward getting it patented. Whenever I have a question, their rep was available for me to answer and all my questions have been answered. So far, my experience with For Sale by Inventor has been good. I just can’t wait ‘til I can move forward with my invention.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I've had a good overall experience with For Sale by Inventor. I've been talking to a guy from Ohio and he has been really good. I told him my invention and he had seen it in his head but he wanted me to draw a picture. I can then meet with his team and they can go over it with me. But I told him I don't know how to draw and that it would be kind of difficult for me. I have no prototype but I would like to get my idea made. I don’t know too much more about the business like where we would go from here once he had an idea of what I wanted to do. What was the process? But he helped walk me through my invention and he even helped me with ideas. I had a basic idea of my invention in my head and he didn't try to tell me how to do it. Instead, his idea helped me to add on to make my invention even better. Now, I'm making sure the addition is the right one.

The staff there were really good and their guy got straight to the point about my idea compared to the guy I talked with from another place. The guy there told me to watch videos and that the owner has been on NBC. But I didn't wanna hear all that. Towards the end, he told me that they were gonna do things for $685. I didn't have that then but he said we could make a payment arrangement. I understand that you should give the best on whatever you're doing, but I didn't even know the guy. I didn't want to put my money out there and nothing happens.

Original review: May 20, 2018

The guy that was helping me at For Sale by Inventor seems to be fair, friendly, soft-spoken and kind. Plus he's not the pushy type of guy. He’s just praising me for my idea and seems to be laid back. He really cares and wants me to get this done. Although I’ve never had heard of them before until then, I think they are a legit company. I don’t have any hindrance or hesitation about them.

Original review: May 19, 2018

For Sale by Inventor's rep, Donnie, reached out to me and followed up with me after talking with him for a few days. I decided to go ahead and see what they could do for me and we got the initial process rolling. So far, the service has been great. Donnie’s been really good at getting back to me as far as any thoughts or questions that I have. He’s called me multiple times and responded to some emails. I really appreciate the swift approach that he’s taken. For Sale by Inventor seems to be good, so far. I haven’t caught any signs that anything sketchy is going on. But I’m definitely on the edge a bit about it just because of the initial investment and everything that goes with it. Nevertheless, For Sale by Inventor is fast and friendly.

Original review: May 18, 2018

When I was randomly searching for some place on the internet involving inventing products, For Sale by Inventor was one of the first things that popped up. Their rep, Garvin, was amazing. He was very friendly and personable on the phone. He was helpful as well if I had any questions and called me back to follow-up on the product that I want to invent. To me, that said that he was interested. So far, I haven’t used the service because I’m waiting for extra funds to be able to go through with it. But in conversation, my experience with them has been very good and I’m very appreciative of all the help that Gavin has done for me. He took the time to communicate with me and it was a pleasurable experience to have someone interested in what you have to say. I would tell my friends to give it a go with For Sale by Inventor and see what happens.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I have an idea that I believe could be patented. I went online and got For Sale by Inventor's phone number. I also emailed them then about half an hour, somebody called me. After that, the guy kept calling me. He was good and really sharp. When he said that he would do something or he would call a certain time, he was already at point. He got some information and I sent him some information and drawings. He also said that they have some ideas and that it could be a good opportunity. He told me that they will do a research and will present me 50 pages which would be a report on researches and things like that to see the availability of the project and if it could be done and would be something that we could go ahead with. He also told me that it’s gonna be in four weeks. Overall, I feel good about For Sale by Inventor's service. They give people the opportunity to work with. I paid some money, but it’s worth it.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I’ve had several interactions with people from For Sale by Inventor and they’ve all been positive. The reps have been receptive too. The first guy I talked to was kind of a salesman type of person. They were not a hard-sell and were not pushing me, though. I talked with Neil, the CEO, and he explained the process. I also talked to Aaron and as I went further down the line, it’s been more business-like. Every time I would call or have a question, they get back to me right away as well.

I’m at the phase right now where I just paid up all the money I owe and I’m waiting for the first page of drawings for my inventions. But, they never asked to look at my invention physically and the dimensions that might be helpful for their drawings. I’m kind of predicting that I’m gonna have to modify some of the sizes and stuff once I get the first page of drawings. But if they wanna look at what I’ve got, I am willing to ship it to them. Other than that, everything has been good. I’d tell people to give it a try.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I've had an idea in my head for a while and I had no idea how to do it. I typed in on the internet, “How to patent an idea” or, "How to patent an item, product." There were a couple of suggestions that were provided to me by Google which I had followed. I had reached out to them and For Sale by Inventor was the first one to get back with me.

I very much enjoyed their phone etiquette. What I wanted to do was a mega project that was very large in scope. After we have taken care of our non-disclosure agreements and we were beneficially talking about my product, they told me what they were going to do and what their recommendation was. They were gonna have a whole team because of the different areas that my project was going to encompass. They also said that having these many people on the research aspect of thing would make the project done much sooner. They would talk with industry professionals as well.

I asked them how much all these would be because I was thinking it was going to be around $10,000. But for $1,000 for them to do some research and the other services that are being offered along with their platinum package, that was a good idea and a good bang-for-my-buck kind of deal. Then afterwards, we would go forth with how much the official patent is going to be. And if there is anybody that already has a patent on my project, that won’t mean that we couldn't use my project, nonetheless.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience with For Sale. The people I've talked to have been great. They’ve been very helpful in talking to me about the legalities of things and they were very good in making sure that my understanding and comprehension of how this works would be as much as they know. Also, the services that For Sale offers are great because they take out a lot of the hard work and just make things much easier. I’m going to continue using them after my personal affairs are all taken care of and my funds are then freed up to continue to pursue what I wanna do so that way I could stop truck driving. I would also highly recommend them to my other cousins. I have a cousin who's always coming up with ideas and I've told him about them.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I was doing some research online and the very next day, For Sale by Inventor called me. It was amazing. I didn't believe it in the beginning. And they are with the Better Business Bureau, my bank lady checked them out, and they got good reviews. So, I felt comfortable. I didn't check any other company besides them. Also, it's a family-based company so I like it.

The reps were good. When I called, they always called me back. They were very explanatory about the company and what they were gonna offer. I dealt with Donny for about a month and he was amazing. He called me every day. I'm still dealing with Bobby and I'm working with him to try to get the invention on the market. I'm ready to go through the next step and they've been helping me.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I had a nice interaction with Donnie. He was the one I spoke to who works in For Sale by Inventor. He is a very nice man and kind. He’s a good front piece to represent the company. Dealing with Donnie was how far I went thus far and not with the company, but overall, I had a good experience with their service.

Original review: April 20, 2018

For Sale by Inventor is doing research for me. Maurice is awesome and I'm pleased with him. I'm comfortable with the way he explained the procedure and what's going on, and that they're about small people like me. So far, my experience has been good.

Original review: April 18, 2018

When I went online, For Sale by Inventor was one of the websites that caught my eye and they were the first one to get back to me. The fellow who got back to me, Dale, was amazing. He was very competent, very friendly and really nice to work with. I've never done this before, so he made it seem that they basically take care of everything and he was good at explaining. Their service has been amazing. They've been keeping me in the loop and they follow up. It has been reasonable. When people don't know what they're doing, it's nice to have somebody take their hands and show them what to do. Dale walked me through the future stuff and he raised my confidence in this whole process, so we're doing good.

Original review: April 17, 2018

For Sale by Inventor seemed to have the most information when I logged on to the site. They were close to the top of the list. Initially, the site said that it was free patenting. As we went along, the prices came up. It wasn't really extreme, but I just needed to have it right away and I thought I could break it down into payments. And it's still in the front of my mind and I still wanna do it, but I just don't have the money yet. Other than that, For Sale by Inventor seems to be interested in the idea and they have the faith that there's nothing else like it out there. The representatives were very informative, supportive, and persistent.

Original review: April 16, 2018

My wife has this chair and we've been having it made in Mexico. The For Sale by Inventor rep answered well every question I had. I don’t like to be pressured if I'm inquiring about something and she hasn’t done any of that. I was very pleased with how far I've gone so far. I've been corresponding with them over the phone for a month because I was very concerned about what it was gonna cost and what it was gonna do. I’m still not through and I still haven’t made 100% but I’m 90% sure that I’m gonna do it as far as seeing if it’s patentable, and the rep gave me a price of what it will cost to find out if I'm able to patent it, then a ballpark figure on what it will cost to actually get the patent.

Original review: April 8, 2018

For Sale by Inventor has been on top of everything. I've been waiting for them to give me the results on everything. But it just takes a few weeks, so I'm being patient. I was doing my research online to see the best company to go with. I looked at the reviews and what other people experienced with certain companies, and I went with For Sale. Their rep has been active. He's been giving me calls and letting me know how things are going. I called about a week ago and got in touch with the voicemail, but then they called me back. And they said they were gonna send me an email, but I never received it for some reason. But I'm satisfied, so far.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I had all these ideas and I've had them since I was small, and I never knew what to do. I searched for someone that could help me out since I don't have an engineering degree and a marketing degree. And I'm not that knowledgeable in a lot of those areas. I found For Sale by Inventor online and they had good ratings. Their reps were great and they've been able to answer all my questions, so far. The guy I dealt with extremely helped and he seems to be knowledgeable in his job, and I appreciate that. If people have a project or an idea to pursue, I would recommend For Sale by Inventor highly.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I had a great experience with For Sale by Inventor. They had an extra protection advertisement since there are scammers out there that seem more legit. They are very high oriented as far as making sure you understand it versus just getting it out there. They make sure you build a trust. Also, their representative made us feel very comfortable. He made me aware of the security with them, and their confidentiality. He also wanted to know how far I had gotten with the idea because he was telling me about the different steps for patenting, which are several before they actually start it.

We also discussed trademarks and then he gave some examples of products that have been out for a while, like the holding case for the back of the truck. That speaks a lot when something you see every day that we use actually is with their company. Moreover, he wanted to make sure that my husband knew I was thinking about this idea. And although I'm still waiting for extra finances or an alternative route because there are a lot of ways to get things patented, For Sale by Inventor still want to teach you of what’s needed. Other companies that I went with didn’t even email me back.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I was looking for a patent on the internet and I found For Sale by Inventor’s site. Kurt called me after that and he has really helped me. I’m really excited about For Sale by Inventor. I’ve also corresponded with Neil, the owner, and I really liked the treatment I got.

Original review: March 23, 2018

For Sale by Inventor haven’t pushed me to buy something but they gave me the option to buy. And they have done follow-ups. Donnie and the people at the attorney's office who are handling the patent application are doing a good job. And my experience has been good.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I didn't agree with InventHelp's policies. I then came across For Sale by Inventor and I contacted them and sent them pictures as well as the rough draft of what my idea was and they got a hold of me within a couple of days. The rep asked me a bunch of questions about what my idea was, how I think it should be marketed and what kind of places should be targeted with the marketing. He also gave me a lot of different options on what I could do and how to go about it. He was always the same guy I talked to and he was decent as far as keeping in contact and calling and seeing where I wanted to go with my idea and stuff like that. But I decided not to pursue it because I didn't have the money to invest. But if someone would invest I'd go with them. They're better than InventHelp.

For Sale by Inventor expert review by ConsumerAffairs

For Sale by Inventor helps inventors, new and established, get on the fast-track to launching their products. They work with both inventors wanting to market their inventions and companies looking for the right inventions to sponsor for sale. With a fully licensed legal team and an extensive combined background in marketing and sales, For Sale by Inventor delivers excellent service to both sides of the coin.

• New inventor guidance: From start to finish, even those with no background in marketing, sales, or legal principles can be guided to product launch in record time.

• Legal advice: Their fully licensed legal time holds an impressive combined background and can help new inventors dodge the rough legal expectations that can come alongside new products.

• Inventions accessible by businesses: Successful inventions will be placed on the website, which is easily accessed by companies and other entities for investment and sponsorship.

• Guides companies to the right products: New companies simply have to enter in the budget and details of products they are looking for and For Sale by Inventor will do the leg work of finding the right products for them.

• Premium marketing packages: The offered marketing packages are well worth the money spent, thanks to the combined knowledge of their marketing and sales team.

• Best for: people looking to bring their invention to a larger market.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

For Sale by Inventor questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
How has your company grown or evolved?
We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information

Fax:
724-745-0228
forsalebyinventor.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business