Call toll free
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Do you want to see your invention come to life? It's easier than you think! At For Sale by Inventor, we know how important your time, and money is. That's why we have one of the quickest and cheapest methods in the industry to start the process of getting your invention patented and sold. Working with retail partners such as Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, Sears and more gets you the type of exposure to be truly successful. Our clients love us, and you will too. Call or visit us online today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

307 For Sale by Inventor Consumer Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: April 27, 2019

I had casual but positive experiences with the For Sale by Inventor rep. He made himself available and talked to me at length because by definition this is a new invention. I don’t know what I’m doing. It has not been done before. He has been very helpful and understanding of my lack of understanding of the process and what’s needed. However, he is not as knowledgeable as the people behind him. He hasn’t been able to signal very precisely to me what’s ahead. I asked him questions about what comes next and then he goes vague. I’m not sure if that’s because that’s not his part of the business or what. But in the situation now where I’m trying to wrap things up, and I keep getting mails from him asking for lots of more stuff, I’m not sure what the steps are and what the endpoint is. It seems weird that it would be quite so imprecise or unspecific at this point.

I sometimes worry that I’m being tricked that the process that I’m engaging in is one that solely gets money out of me toward the goal which I’m afraid I’ll discover they never had one in grasp anyway. There was no way to get a view of the cost. Maybe that’s the case now. But perhaps, there is a way to explain that, so that I would understand that this is all noble territory for everybody involved. There’s a certain amount that necessarily is unknowable. But it has to be less. He talked about tens of thousands of dollars on one hand and then quite possibly very much less on the other. But on the other hand, much of what they said sounds very reasonable. And so, while I have worries, I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m an inventor in this particular instance so I’m in territory that is noble, and I’m a businessperson who is completely inexperienced in such things.

Get expert buying tips about Invention and Patent Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I contacted other invention websites but didn’t do anything with Davison. I decided to sign up with For Sale by Inventor instead and they're nice. My payment to start the research has been delayed and they're pretty cool with keeping up with me to make sure if I am serious about it. I'm a software consultant and the funds that I was waiting for is taking too long. But I'm jumping on a new project on Monday and I told their rep, Dale, that I should be okay then to start the research. I also called and left a message because their website says, “Get your kit,” but I think they do everything digitally.

I’ve even told Dale that I wanted a business card. I know they're a real company and but I told him everything about my invention and it would be really nice to get a letter with a business card. He told me that they do digital but their website doesn't say his name. It says someone else's name. Aside from that, I did some research and for what I do for a living, I know how things go digitally. So, I told him that I didn't see his picture on their website because they have a whole bunch of pictures there of people that are in the company. I also told him that I didn’t find him on LinkedIn or Facebook. So, he said that I'd be getting his email. Other than that, I have a lot of engineer friends that are watching to see how my process goes then they're gonna jump in. And that’s five people with really good ideas.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was inquiring then and I heard about For Sale by Inventor from a lady that goes to our center. She had an invention done and they did hers. I looked at some of her paperwork and the type of job they did for her, and it seemed interesting, so I went ahead and signed up. I talked to their rep, Donnie, and that went really well. He has been great. He helped me along, and he told me not to have cold feet and make my idea a reality. The support that he has given me was great too, and that prompted me to do this. I did the research and that went great. I’m in step two right now. I’m at the patent part, getting everything patented.

With Kristy, another rep that I've interacted with, they send me emails and I’ve been introduced to other teams. Their service has been great and I have no complaints. They send me all the documentations that I have to sign and read, and if I have any questions, I let them know and we go over them. When you’re giving out your money, you're never really at ease. But they've been very helpful and it put me at ease a bit. I also did my homework. I went to the Better Business Bureau and checked out some of the reviews, and they were given an A plus. For Sale by Inventor is a pretty good company to launch your invention and I feel that my invention is gonna happen. We’re gonna knock it out the park. I would recommend For Sale by Inventor and tell my friends to go for it.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I started off with Davison and I was cut off from the services. It wasn’t really working out. I looked at different options to continue my invention and was spotted by someone from For Sale by Inventor. I’m physically disabled and I don’t work. I tried to explain that to the lady that I met through Davison, and she was really rude, and hung up on me so I continued with For Sale by Inventor and their reps were wonderful.

I have to get to the library put my designs that I drew by hand in computer form, so I can put together something like a portfolio or whatnot. I can’t take pictures through email and send off my designs that way. I’m just not in the best state right now. I really do wanna do this to make a name for myself, as well as the fact that I am physically disabled. I think about the problems that normal people has just like arthritis and things like that. The damage that it does to our joints. By me pushing the wheelchair, I get cuts and things like that on my hand and that’s what brought about the idea for the handicap invention.

When I mentioned the logo design I clicked on a link, but it sent me to an entirely different company that does specifically just logo design. I don’t know if they are affiliated with that company. I was about to throw a penny out of pocket for that, but that was a completely different company. So I didn’t know if I messed up in that invention link. I just don’t know where to go from here. Especially the fact that I’m not even able to make the payments to For Sale by Inventor like I really want to. I don’t know whether I should look into other places that focuses specifically on copywriting and patenting. But overall, For Sale by Inventor had been very helpful. They were very supportive and professional - everything that I would want in an assistance. When it comes to where we wanna go with our inventions and our ideas, I would highly recommend them.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I have a product that I invented and I wanted to start selling it. I wanted to do it the right way so I wanted to pull a patent, and I researched as much as I could online. It turned out there were so many different things when it came to patents as far as companies now since I looked into it before, so I didn’t know who to go with. I started reading about people getting ripped off and they have companies that say they’re researching patents for you, but they just subcontract and you don’t even know what you get back. I went through Consumer Affairs and they listed five or six different companies that handle patent searches. They asked me a few questions on the site and For Sale by Inventor popped up as the one that I should use.

My interaction with the reps at For Sale by Inventor was great. Everything goes in writing and they say what they’re gonna do. There’s nothing hidden and it's very upfront. There were no promises made, which I like. From day one, they said, “Look, we don’t know. There’s no guarantee you’re gonna get a patent. But we’ll do the search and see what comes up.” That was exactly what I wanted to do and they did that. It turned out that there is no patent on the product and they’re working with me towards trying to bring this thing to the market. When I started with them, my intent was to see what happens because I don’t know about this new product idea that I invented. For Sale by Inventor did all the research and they came back with a very good detailed report. They told me what my next step will be and they’re right on track with what I wanted to do to begin with. They’re not trying to stir me towards doing this or that.

They're also pretty much all-inclusive, so when it comes to somebody like me, with what I’m doing and having invented a product and trying to get it to market to sell, they can handle every step of the process, which is fantastic. They’re very experienced. They went through an actual attorney with the patent search and he dealt with me directly. Everything has been very professional. We’re moving forward and they’ve been really right on the mark with everything. The service has been absolutely great and I would definitely tell my friends to use For Sale by Inventor and that they don’t need to go anywhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

Original review: June 25, 2019

Going with For Sale by Inventor was the easiest way to do what I wanted to do. So far, my interaction with the rep and my experience with the company have been good. The rep keeps in contact with me on a weekly basis. That's what he said he would do. So far, he's done everything that he said he would do.

Original review: June 18, 2019

For Sale by Inventor tried to get me on my feet, but they're expensive to get. I’m trying to find a way to get my patent without having to spend so much money ‘cause I don't have the funds to do it their way. Still, I would recommend them overall.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Donny from For Sale by Inventors is a great guy. He's really helpful. He calls back and makes sure he returns my call. And then he tries to make it all right. I've only been working with them for months, but my experience has been great, so far. I would recommend them.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I reached out to a social worker and asked if she knew how I could get my invention going. She gave me information about For Sale by Inventor. Their reps were all pleasant. They were very easy to contact and they answered any questions that I had. They took me by the hand and helped me go through the process step by step. It’s been very exciting.

Right now, my experience has been enjoyable. It’s been pretty amazing. The invention is something that I sat on for just a little over 20 years and didn’t know what I was gonna do with it. I’m just excited that it’s still viable and there’s nothing else out there like it. I can’t wait to get it going. I have mentioned this to some classmates. I just finished going through my medical assistance course and there were a couple of ladies in my class that I told about my invention getting accepted and that I was going forward with it. They told me they had some invention too so I referred them.

Original review: June 8, 2019

For Sale by Inventor has been amazing. We're in the very beginning stages, just trying to get everything figured out, what is and is not allowed, and work from there. Their reps have been very good. They’ve listened to my ideas, been very supportive and they haven’t been pushy. They asked me if I had questions and they answered them. I’ve been very impressed with For Sale by Inventor.

Original review: June 7, 2019

When I reached out to For Sale by Inventor, they responded to me very quickly. I was told that only about 20% of the inventions are really considered because there are so many things out there on the market. And you're lucky if they actually choose yours to try to go forward with. Their rep said that most things don't even make it across the chopping board. But he also told me that the idea I had was good, so he went forward with it. He has been checking on me once a week. He has called and told me that they had gotten a lawyer, and that's about it.

Original review: May 19, 2019

My For Sale by Inventor experience has been really good. I jumped in with both feet and they really helped me out. They explained a lot of stuff and they’re really nice people. They helped me figure out how to get some patents and we were talking about how to trademark and sales. Unfortunately, I didn’t have enough money to keep pursuing on my part.

Original review: May 17, 2019

For Sale by Inventor did everything that they could have done. It’s just some people have the money and some people don’t. And my experience was good. I just wasn’t able to afford the service at this time. For Sale said that they would send me a free booklet and it didn’t turn out that way. They called me instead. I wasn’t really prepared for them to call me. So, I just threw the idea out at them because I didn’t know what I should do or whether I should go with it. But the gentleman said how much it would cost to go through and check everything. And he was really nice. He kept calling back and following up on what I want to do.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I Googled a bunch of companies, followed up and chose For Sale by Inventor. Cameron, the rep, has been awesome, super patient and helpful. I’m happy so far and the experience with the service has been good. It has been straightforward and one of the better-priced ones that I found that was good.

Original review: May 11, 2019

A friend referred me to For Sale by Inventor and it was my first try with a patent company. The rep kept checking and he told me what was going on. Everything was great with the experience.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I had gone to InventHelp first because I had seen it on TV. And they were really happy to take my $1,200 and get started. And it wasn’t very long before I got involved in this that something didn’t feel right. I decided that I didn’t wanna do it with them, and so I told them that I was gonna wait. I was having some personal problems at home. So, I said I'm gonna put it on hold. And then, Donnie from For Sale by Inventor called me and he asked me why I had chosen them. And when I first started with him, he just said a few things. He said he wanted me to look at what they have to offer. So I did and he made adjustments himself, which was fine.

Donnie kept in touch with me and he gave some ideas, and told me some things about the other group that I wasn’t really happy with. So, when I finally did decide, I decided to go with them. And I've gotten some things from their office, asking me questions, and asking me to respond to them. And I'm glad they asked because some of the things weren’t exactly how I envisioned it, but I really like them. So far, For Sale by Inventor has been good.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was looking online for some invention help and I learned about For Sale by Inventors. I've had very good interactions with the representatives and the one in particular whom I’ve been in almost constant contact with is Garvin. He has been really great and attentive and helpful in suggesting ideas and ways that I can go about financially and helping to get my inventions going. He is very informative as to what the company provides and is open and clear about everything that is included and the steps that will be taken and needed to be taken. Everything has been really good.

The courtesy, the attention to detail, and the genuine interest in what I am doing and my inventions stood out to me about my experience with their service. It feels really good to see that someone believes in my ideas as much as I do. It doesn’t feel just like somebody trying to sell me something. It really feels like I am talking to a friend and we are really motivated about what I am trying to get started. I would put this experience above others that I’ve dealt with because of the personal touch that I experienced. They aren’t the only invention company that I’ve spoken with, but they are the only one that I would care to deal with.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My experience with For Sale by Inventor was good. I contacted them to get some information because I have never tried it before. I was able to speak with really nice and helpful reps. Everything went perfectly and I’m just waiting on my money to get my patent.

Original review: April 22, 2019

The rep from For Sale by Inventor has been communicating with me and the experience has been okay. I just don’t know what to expect as far as payment goes, which is why I’m in the cloud on whether or not to move forward. I would rather know what the prices are so I can plan ahead and I would rather have a clear outline of what to expect. If at least I know what the fees are, I could start setting things aside and budgeting for them. But if I’m gonna pay a certain amount now and later I’m gonna get surprise fees, I do not have that in me.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I was browsing on the internet and came upon For Sale by Inventor. I wanted to check out the conditions and the prices. Then I sent them the invention on a confidential agreement. They sent me back something to get the process started and they didn't charge me for that. That was pretty good so I was satisfied with that. I was dealing with the rep, Cameron, and there was no problem with them. But I found another company that are gonna finance the design and take it off at the end once it's sold to a manufacturer until the design is paid. I'm retired and I don't have the cash to do that, so I decided to go with them and try them out. But I'm still not completely done with For Sale by Inventor. We'll see later on because they patent in Canada and in the US, whereas the company that I'm with there, Enhance, just do the US. So later on down the road, I might call them back and see how it goes.

Original review: April 17, 2019

For Sale by Inventor's representatives explained things very well like what part of the process I'm in. I haven't had a problem getting a hold of them. I was doing some research and I looked at the top three patent research companies. For Sale by Inventor came up in all my searches and they had great reviews. So far, my experience with them has been pleasant. I'm waiting on a follow-up call right now. We have approached four weeks, and I'm supposed to hear something back from them between four and five weeks. So far, everything has been fine. They haven't had a lot of questions for me.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I was very excited to use For Sale by Inventor and I’m glad that I did it. The rep was kind and knowledgeable. The information they gave me was very helpful. It helped with saving time and a lot of effort. Great customer service and knowledge about the process.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I found For Sale by Inventor's website and I got on there. Donnie called me and we talked a little bit. He treated me fine, but I'm thinking of pulling the plug because the item that I have the patent for is not something that everybody can use. Still, they are great and wonderful people, and I couldn’t have asked for anything better.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Joe from For Sale by Inventor is a very nice guy. I'm gonna do a provisional patent next January which is gonna cost $2,265. I have him everything in depth and I told him that when I get $2,265, I’ll call him back. He did an excellent job and I give this company the highest rating possible.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I'm using For Sale by Inventor and we're currently at the patent search stage. I'm excited. The rep is informative, knowledgeable, really helpful and makes me feel comfortable. He's been great.

Original review: April 10, 2019

When I googled how to go about patenting an idea, For Sale by Inventor was the first one that showed. And to me because it’s top of the list, it seemed to be the mostly used. The website gave a brief description of what its purpose was and how it would work. The rep called me the next day and said what I have is a good idea. The second time the rep called me he said, “Hey, so you’re familiar with the next step?” I said, “No, I’m not familiar with the next step.” He was dumbfounded that I didn’t know and that’s when he explained that it’s gonna be a worldwide patent search just to make sure that nothing else conflicts with it, but the fee was 700 in the US, and I’m willing to pay it. He also told me what I have is a much needed product. They’re very helpful.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I enjoyed talking to Doug from For Sale by Inventor. He contacted me and was very professional and kind. He was very sweet, helpful and encouraging. He provided excellent guidance and keeps in contact with me. I'd definitely recommend this company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I’m handicapped and on a scooter. My idea was a mat for it on the floor so it can catch all the things that fall on there and the scooter deck won't get dirty. My daughter who's very smart, did a research on it. She went on the computer for half an hour looking and she couldn't see anything like it. Before I sent For Sale by Inventor a dime, I checked and saw that they have a triple-A rating with BBB, so I felt comfortable sending them money to start the process.

I gave For Sale by Inventor the initial payment and they did a patent search. Then they found out that there is such a thing as my idea. Then they’re telling me that I should go for a design patent, which means that I can make the design different. My hope was that it is a totally unique idea. But it’s not so I don’t think it’s gonna be a success and I’ve made a decision not to go forward. Other than that, everything that I’ve encountered with them has been good. The person that has been in touch with me has been very nice and easy to talk to. I’ve been happy with them.

Rated with 1 starResolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 1, 2019

“I try to contact Donnie the person in charge of my file and he never get back to me. He said he send me emails and phone calls, but I did not get any at that time. I only receive calls from him when I call customer service and upset telling them I would file a complaint over to my credit card company and then he call me, but not in front of his computer, so he cannot really help me. I ask him to call me back later in the day, so we can go forward with my trademark and he did not call me. Very unsatisfied. Also on the research there his a couple mistakes from the lawyer even though I explain everything to Donnie, I guess he did not pass on the info properly to the lawyer. Not happy at all.”

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

The guy, Joe, from For Sale by Inventor wasn't very good at returning my calls and it was just way too much money. I thought it was gonna a little bit cheaper, but I'm running my own business and I don't have that much cash to kick out right now. But I've spent most of my time researching if they were a scam or not. I've seen so many reviews on how good the customer service was.

For Sale by Inventor expert review by Michael Nranian

For Sale by Inventor helps inventors, new and established, get on the fast-track to launching their products. They work with both inventors wanting to market their inventions and companies looking for the right inventions to sponsor for sale. With a fully licensed legal team and an extensive combined background in marketing and sales, For Sale by Inventor delivers excellent service to both sides of the coin.

• New inventor guidance: From start to finish, even those with no background in marketing, sales, or legal principles can be guided to product launch in record time.

• Legal advice: Their fully licensed legal time holds an impressive combined background and can help new inventors dodge the rough legal expectations that can come alongside new products.

• Inventions accessible by businesses: Successful inventions will be placed on the website, which is easily accessed by companies and other entities for investment and sponsorship.

• Guides companies to the right products: New companies simply have to enter in the budget and details of products they are looking for and For Sale by Inventor will do the leg work of finding the right products for them.

• Premium marketing packages: The offered marketing packages are well worth the money spent, thanks to the combined knowledge of their marketing and sales team.

• Best for: people looking to bring their invention to a larger market.

Profile picture of Michael Nranian
Michael Nranian Invention and Patent Services Expert

Michael Nranian, a licensed patent attorney, has over 30 years of experience in product development, intellectual property, patent litigation, legal and technical compliance, and product liability litigation.

For Sale by Inventor questions and answers

What problem is your company trying to solve?
For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.
What sets your company apart from the competition?
We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.
What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.
How does your company measure success?
We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?
There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?
We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.
Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?
We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
How has your company grown or evolved?
We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Information