toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

For Sale by Inventor intrigued me when I first saw their ad. Kurt, the gentleman I spoke with, seemed very knowledgeable. He really put my mind at ease. I've enjoyed their absolutely wonderful process and services. Thank you For Sale by Inventor.

For Sale by Inventor was very good to deal with. They were very confidential about my idea and they wanted to get it done. As soon as I put my idea in, a rep called me every day which I didn't mind because I was involved in my idea and I was hoping it would work out. They were full of information and they let me know what steps I was going to take. They helped me as much as they could, but my money fell out and I couldn't get the cash. If I had come up with the money, I would have gone through with it. Overall, I had a very good experience with them.

I found For Sale by Inventor online and I spoke to Donnie on the phone and I trust him so far. I also reached out to a few companies and they tried to recruit me a little bit more by calling me. Every single company wanted to work with me and when I spoke to each and every one in detail, Donnie seemed a little bit more trustworthy. He was knowledgeable and experienced and every time I reach out to him, he responds. If he doesn't answer the phone, he’ll call right away. I also liked that For Sale by Inventor doesn't take a commission from me. Instead, they take a commission from the company that purchased the product. So that was huge, too. And every other company wanted 10% or in that range. It’s great to begin the process with For Sale by Inventor and so far, my experience has been good.

I read reviews about For Sale by Inventor and they stood out to me. They were the first ones I called and I liked what they had to say. I spoke with two different reps, and have received several emails from individuals even the CEOs too. I understood the process and they have been there for me. They're very pleasant people and are really inspiring.

Everything that For Sale By Inventor had to offer on was all written up, which was really good. When you read it, it’s not like you are reading something that's going to rip you off. We've had bad luck with the internet, so then we were hesitant. But it was incredible when we read their stuff and it was good talking with them. A lady phones us every now and then to see how things are going because she really wants to get everything going. It's like she’s just as excited about it as I am.

I felt that they're honest even before I read their paperwork. It's really neat talking to them because when I have an idea, I'll never know if it's going to work or if it's a good enough idea since lots of people have ideas too. And they were honest enough to tell me if it's a bad or good idea. They have been that way which is really good. We just have to gather everything up so that we could continue on with them. We got to come up with some money ourselves. And once we do that, then the next stage is how we need to do our part so then they can do their part.

We were looking for someone who was advance to help us out in making decisions on the idea in which we already had work going. We reached out to For Sale by Inventor. I didn't want a company that didn’t have any experience as to what we were doing. The representative was good. He's a superb guy, straight no chaser. He was knowledgeable enough to give the information we needed and explained to where our understanding was and what we're paying for. It was amazing trying to get a clear understanding of what gets us through the patent. That's what we would basically deal with was what it takes to get through the patent. We know that we can do a utility patent; we know that in a roundabout what the cost might be; and we know the advantages of working with the company.

For Sale by Inventor said they're going to get us in front of a marketplace that might be interested in collaborating or work cohesively with our invention, connect to the grid for us to somehow recoup some of the cost that it has taken to work with them. So far, the experience has been a learning one. We’re still in process and we’re still doing some paperwork in reference to working on patent and design. Maybe we needed to understand the pricing more, but as far as with problems what can be done, it remains to be seen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about For Sale by Inventor?

The representatives from For Sale by Inventor were very helpful. They sent me a form to fill out and helped me through the process to sell the idea to someone that would go ahead with it. They were very oriented in what they do. They were also nice to talk and work with. My wife and I have sold our place and we’re moving, so I hadn’t had a lot of time to pursue what I had talked to them about. Right on the front end, I told them I don’t want to sink a lot of money into something because this day and time you never know if people are on the up and up and just bleed you dry for money. But For Sale by Inventor is not that way. They’re number 1 in my book.

I was looking up patenting processes and I found For Sale by Inventor on the internet. They're good people. I talked to them on the phone a few times and it has been smooth and very good. There was one rep whom I interacted with and he was respectful. I learned a lot about what I'm trying to do. It's a lot of charge, but it's less than if I was to do it myself.

The reps at For Sale by Inventor have all been cordial and are not pushy. They offer enough information. However, I'm still a little foggy on exactly what happens if you pay for this program and if it covers the patent cost completely. Otherwise, everything's been fine and it's been a good experience.

I searched through Google, went through a couple of different companies, looked at the reviews and then decided to go with For Sale by Inventor. I talked to them and there were some questions that were answered vaguely. I wanted more explanation on the future and what happens in the process. I was under the impression that the patent would be done very quickly like within two weeks but it was the research that took two weeks. I was told after everything that it would take 90 days or more. There was a little confusion in regards to that. I had expected that from the beginning, but when they told me that it would be quicker, I thought that that’s great. I had those kinds of expectations but it wasn’t a huge deal. Also, it has been good, so far. I have just given my final sketches and explanations a couple of days ago and I'm waiting for a feedback.

For Sale by Inventor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Greg!

Original review: May 27, 2017

I worked with Garvin, a representative of For Sale by Inventor and he was helpful and informative. He had a lot of encouragement for the invention that I had. We tried to get it off the ground but I had some legal problems with my wife, so that that put a hold on it. But he’s been checking in to see how things are going and keeping contact. He gave me his office number, email address and cell number. He told me that I can contact him any time I had any questions so, I have access to every means to connect him. I told him once I can find out what’s going on, then we can get this thing off the ground.

Everything flowed easily and I was able to get my drawing and my description of my product within a half an hour. I got everything in to Garvin and he gave me the, “Okay,” and run me through step-by-step on how I’m supposed to get it to him. So, everything worked out great. I worked with another guy, Mark – and we had problems getting in contact with each other. I’d call his number and leave a message and he’d call me and we just quit contact for about two months. But as far as somebody getting in contact with me, there were several people who tried but I’m usually hard to reach. Cost-wise, it’s reasonable. I was surprised because I was told that some of the patent fees were in the area of about $25,000. The services are great and the people were easy to work. Even if I couldn’t do it, they were able to do it for me.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Karen,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I have responded to you privately.

Best,

Heather Bateman

Original review: May 26, 2017

My first review was regarding a person I dealt with at this company who has some major anger issues. He would make a point to scold me if I asked a question he did not like, a very bad experience. Then I left another review after receiving a call from another agent who stated he wanted my business... and gave a little apology for my first experience. I gave the benefit of the doubt and was impressed when Gavin called and apologized. During our conversation I still could not find out what this company actually does, or how much monies are involved. I did say to Gavin that I do not have tons of money, and it was interesting his response was his reference to my email which indicates DR. I do have a Doctorate, and he assumed that meant a lot of money, as he pretty much stated so.

His interest in me seem to wane at this point. He became vague, and when corresponding with him in an email, he would simply write back and say "Talk to me when you have your patent pending status." LOL. This was so weird as it seems to be a big secret about what they can do to help me or how much they want to charge. Then about a week later his email was no longer working, and when I left messages he never called back. I expected as much as I think this company is looking to take as much from the inventor as they can.

This is one of those where they say "Customer beware", all is good and the writing was on the wall with this company from the very beginning, but I did give it a second try and never again. I am now working with a wonderful company and things are going great. They were very upfront about fees and I did not mind sending a lot of money for a company that cares about what I am doing and is working hard to get me where I want to be. But if I were you I would think twice about this company.

For Sale by Inventor and I have been talking for two months. It's all been very good and very professional, and we're moving forward.

I was dealing with another company. I did a Better Business Bureau check on them and they were kinda shady. I opted to not go with them. But For Sale by Inventor has been real good, so far. Their rep, Donnie, was very supportive and willing to guide me. He has been very good as far as advising, encouraging, and keeping me informed of what needs to be done and how I need to do it. He's brought some very good points and I'm very happy with him. I hope it goes through.

I want people that have a CPAP machine to be able to have the benefits of this because I did a prototype and I love it. A majority of it is gonna go to the church. I'm hoping to look at them as the investor in this and I would give them a majority of the proceeds. I'm not looking to become a millionaire but maybe just a small retirement would be great. I'm still apprehensive about this because there's just so much stuff in this world. My pastor is so swamped all the time and I'm waiting for the rep to talk to him. But, they did a review on it and said that it's a very viable product and they're encouraging me to pursue it.

The cool thing about For Sale by Inventor is that they do everything in-house, from the review, to the patent search, to the manufacture design, to the patent attorneys. I was really happy to hear that because the other people that I was dealing with were like, "Well, we gotta do this in steps and stages. We got one person that's gonna do this, another person's gonna do that," and I didn't like it. For Sale by Inventor has been doing this for 25 years and has 8,500 manufacturer contacts. I would encourage anybody to go through them.

I was looking up how to patent an invention and found For Sale by Inventor. My experience with them has been amazing. The follow-ups have been great. The young lady who has followed-up several times has been very helpful and really answered all my questions incredibly. In today’s world, as much as any other time, customer service is the pinnacle of what businesses build on. And that is why I wouldn’t even try another avenue except for going with For Sale by Inventor.

My experience, to this point, has been excellent. However, due to financial reasons and a little overload on our schedule, I’m not prepared to move forward yet. It was a little disheartening as far as the cost. When you look at it on your own, it becomes an impossibility unless you have previous experience or you really know the ins and outs for looking for patents and things of that nature. You get up around $14,000 to have something. And it’s a lot of risk for just an independent, average, working Joe. It is a lot of money. But at the same time, if you can pull a return, if your invention’s that good, it’s worth leaping into. I’m looking forward to trying to move forward.

I was working with InventHelp. I didn’t like their guy since he was really fishy. For Sale by Inventor came up and their rep got in touch with me. He’s been in contact with me for about a year. He’s been positive and I love him. It's been a great experience working with him. My starter fee is $700 and I wish they would take installments. But when I get my funding together, I’m definitely going to work with For Sale by Inventor. I wouldn’t think about going to anybody else.

For Sale by Inventor has been helpful. The only problem we had with their rep was communication in getting back and forth. He had issues and when he could no longer take care being the representative for the company, he passed it off to another gentleman who has been on point. We've even had conversations with the owner, and I'm very, very, very impressed. Their added effort, going above and beyond and holding the hand of my son to go through the process and helping him with his patent by personally going step by step and explaining everything to where he can understand has been a breath of fresh air. It's remarkable and it's fantastic. We're really happy with it. We don't get and see this very much, especially in the corporate world.

The steps are very tricky in getting a patent. There are so many nefarious people out there that will take customers' money and tell them exactly what they expect. If customers have any questions or concerns, For Sale by Inventor is more than happy to come back and show them even over and over again to make them understand, to where they are comfortable with what their decisions are. It's eyes-wide-open-type deal, and I found it very refreshing.

I'm at about the third process now with For Sale by Inventor and so far, so good. We still talk back and forth and I gotta still pay them some more money and go on from there. They have excellent customer service. Definitely, if you need to talk to someone, they will call you right back.

I first saw For Sale by Inventor on the internet. So far, the experience with them was good. They were easy to contact and the interaction was excellent. Since I didn't know what I was doing, they helped me a lot.

I was Googling trying to find a good company that I can get my patent with and came across For Sale by Inventor. Their rep was terrific and was very patient. He worked with me, told me everything I needed to know, and walked me through everything well. In fact, when I go with my other inventions, I don’t want to work with anybody else. I have a lot of confidence in him. I've never done anything like this before but right now, the service has been great and the experience has been awesome. If you want to deal with anybody getting a patent, a company that's very reputable and definitely know what they're doing, For Sale by Inventor is the one to go to.

When I talked to a rep of For Sale by Inventor, they were able to explain the service and process to me. While I am optimistic about working with them, I have yet to see the finished product. They sent me something today to review and I'm not quite finished with the process of what I got going on yet. Still, I hope to have a good relationship with them in the future.

When I gave For Sale by Inventor a call to inquire about any cost and things that will be involved, their team has been thorough. I got a lot of information from them in reference to how the process works. At this point, we're at the preliminary stages and I'm waiting to submit the first payment so that we can move forward with the patent. Everything's good and I'm definitely moving forward with them.

Dealing with For Sale by Inventor's reps was pretty smooth. They were very available, knowledgeable, and informative. They answered whatever question I had and everything worked out well so far. I would certainly tell somebody to use them.

I hold a name for a long time and I want to move forward to develop it right now in the market so I decided to contact For Sale by Inventor. My experience with them is great and I'm moving forward with them. Their reps and our conversations have been very good. Also, they understand my needs and explain everything to me. They told me that it will take six weeks for the search and then we move forward for the trademark.

It's been about two months ago that I first got in contact with For Sale by Inventor. I was looking for a company that looked reputable and they seemed like they were good, and I had also read some good things online about them. So, I thought I'd give them a try. I've dealt with the rep, Michael, and he's been good, pleasant, and helpful. He called back and explained their service a lot to me, and he also explained it a lot more to my partner. Right now, we're just planning on doing a search, and he said that process would take two to three weeks, tops. So far, everything's been good. Overall, our experience with them has been pleasant and I haven't felt like I've been screwed over. I'd recommend them.

I wanted For Sale by Inventor to have my idea checked. The reps were personable and they know what they’re talking about. Their accountability seemed all right, too. With regard to them accepting my idea, I was surprised. The guy was upfront. He told me almost everything doesn’t work out. Then, I found out that things worked out and moved as quickly as they did. I felt good about what they said and done. But the decision making is on me at this point. In general, the experience has been good.

For Sale by Inventor

Thank you Serena! We really appreciate your feedback.

Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

The reps were very friendly and hyped up. They really liked my ideas and made me feel good. It's surreal. I went on to the Better Business Bureau about 15 different times to make sure that it's real because I didn't believe that it is. I've been talking to one man at For Sale by Inventor and he's been great. They're waiting on me because I was trying to find somebody to help me pay the $748 to get started, but when I get my income tax in a couple of weeks then I'm going to do it myself because I believe wholeheartedly in my idea. I hope they see what I see. It's the next best thing since sliced bread.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I cannot say that this company is not as good as they say they are, but I can share what my initial experience was with Jim **, who was the person who contacted me to solicit his company's services. First I received numerous emails about his services. I asked a question in an email if this company was one of those promotional companies that ask for a large amount of money? I feel this is a fair question as I have been warned to stay away from those type of services.

My first conversation with Jim ** was at 7:47am the next day, where he abruptly began raising his voice and stating he could not respond in an email, and needed to respond to me on the phone. He angrily proceeded to tell me he is also dealing with another Dr. who said the same as I did, and began to say he was backed by the Federal Government....

At this point I tried to say that I did not mean any disrespect with my question, but Jim ** would not allow me to talk. He was rude, abrasive and unrelenting. He was going to give me the what for's whether I wanted him to or not. I did manage to say "I think calling me this early in the morning is not okay," he said "oh well I needed to talk to you."

I could not seem to find a common place with this man. I sent emails trying to explain that I feel bad that I am not at the design place to have his help, and the 2nd phone call arrives early in the am, before anyone should be calling a customer. He again was abrasive and refused to allow me to respond. He said he was a very busy man, and if I wanted to check his company out do so, but take my time to get together the drawings needed. Again I tried to speak, and again he would not let me. I was very angry by the time I got off the phone, so I decided I do not need a company where I cannot express or ask questions without being treated with zero respect, so I sent Mr. ** an email stating so. I expressed to him that he had no right to treat me with zero respect and that if he continued, we were not a match.

The next day after he said we could start over and he would wait for drawings, he simply sent an email stating they could not help me with my invention, blah, blah, blah. This is fine with me, but if you work with Jim ** good luck. I know the business is family owned, so I do not know really his place within that family or whatever it may be. He needs a class in how to speak to customers. The company I am sure are what they say they are. And I am not downing the company, just my initial experience with Jim **.

For Sale by Inventor has the highest rating on the Better Business Bureau. The guy that I talked to explained to me what to do, how far I'll go and how much it will cost me. Everything sounds good and I've also recommended them already.

I didn't really know how to start with my invention then so I just tried For Sale by Inventor. But I'm not doing it with them anymore because I really have some other stuff going on. I really didn't have the money that they wanted from me to start so I couldn't go into it with them.

I tried the competition but it was no good. They want too much money. So I went with For Sale by Inventor and everything has been fine with the agent assigned to me. He is really good.

Question and Answers - For Sale by Inventor

What problem is your company trying to solve?

For Sale by Inventor assists individual inventors with bringing an invention idea to the marketplace with coordinated legal, engineering & marketing services.

What sets your company apart from the competition?

We provide coordinated, in-house legal, engineering & marketing services to clients unlike other firms who outsource the work to independent 3rd party contractors.

What needs do your product or service fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

We work with inventors all the way through the process until their patent ISSUES unlike other firms who simply file applications and become abandoned at the patent office.

How does your company measure success?

We measure success by how many products we can successfully get through the complicated legal process to an issued patent and by how many ultimately make it to selling on the marketplace.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

Many inventors have the perception that all patents are the same regardless of who files them, how much they cost and what type of patent that was filed. Unfortunately, many companies take advantage of this and sell patent application filings with questionable quality by non-licensed practitioners.

Our company has had the misconception from inventors that our cost for patent related services are high when on average they are lower than typical patent firms. Some inventors compare our services to DIY related websites or companies that don’t use licensed patent practitioners to file patents.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 years? 10 years?

There are companies who advertise aggressively that appear to be misleading inventors into purchasing patent services from non-licensed patent practitioners or patent practitioners based in another country. The services are marked up significantly and don’t appear to be disclosed prominently which gives the appearance of taking advantage of ill-informed consumers.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about your company?

We are a family-owned business with employees who care deeply about the quality of the service we provide inventors.

Has your business received any awards or recognition for its products or services that your customers would like to know about?

We are an accredited member of the BBB with an A+ rating with over 1,000 ISSUED patents obtained for clients through the United States Patent & Trademark Office.

How has your company grown or evolved?

We continue to grow and evolve daily to provide better quality service and faster turnaround times for our clients demonstrated by our new multi-device friendly, responsive websites with cutting edge 3D virtual prototypes and graphics.

For Sale by Inventor Company Profile