1.34/5
  • 1 star
Based on 72 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Suddenlink

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

81 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I was told back in May 2017 whenever I signed up for a bundle package that after 6 months I would receive a $100 Visa gift card in the mail. After I never received it, I tried on multiple occasions to resolve the issue with the company. I even went as far as writing a letter and including it in my bill payment requesting the offer that was promised to me and contacting them via email on their website. I have never even got a response from the company. A company is only as good as their word and this company is simply no good!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Suddenlink was the only cable co. in my area, after reading ALL of the negative reviews about this company I knew it was going to be nothing but trouble. I should have just kept an antenna on my roof and saved the trouble of dealing with these folks. First the internet was a joke. High speed internet - that was a joke, then came the cable. The amount of money I spent to just have was outrageous. We moved in November. I called 2 DAYS after my new cycle started. They would not give me a break, saying that they do not prorate the accts, I had to pay the whole amount even though I didn't even live there anymore, now I was contacted by a collection agency saying I owed Suddenlink money even though there was no balance. How can this so-called company still be in business, so glad I’m back with ATT U-verse. I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY FOR ANYTHING.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Suddenlink dropped Starz and added Hallmark Drama and I was to get credit on my bill but it didn't change. I told them I wasn't paying for them for only 4 channels of Hallmark Drama and I need the credit from my bill and the added channel to replace Starz should not have cost anything.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I signed up for Suddenlink when moving to Lubbock TX because our rental company had an arrangement with them. At first everything was fine but as time went on, with my school work mounting, the data limits on internet became a major issue. On August 29, 2017, we cancelled service and moved to another provider. Our billing cycle was August 21-September 20. I was charged a full payment on October 1st. I called customer service to ensure that I would get my prorated bill amount back (approx. $100). The first representative didn't even understand what I was explaining to her. I was finally transferred to a manager who said that I would get a check after my account had a hard close, plus 3 to 6 weeks. We never received our check. I called again today (1/2/08) and was on hold for an hour. The first representative couldn't even find our account for about 10 minutes.

After speaking with her for a while, she started to talk to herself then abruptly put me back on hold. About 10 minutes later, I received another representative. Albeit much more knowledgeable, the new representative said that I would not be receiving my refund because I did not cancel before the first date of the billing period as is Suddenlink policy. Essentially, I paid approx. $100 for services not rendered. To me this is an extremely poor billing policy and equates to theft. The representative pointed to a small clause on the bill as follows: "Monthly Billing - You are billed each month in advance for the next month's services. Service cancellations are effective on the last day of the then-current billing period." I can't believe that in today's age that this is acceptable. Furthermore, I'm stunned that the first time I called, they gave me completely wrong information. I will never use this company or refer anyone to them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

The internet works amazingly good but the cable sucks. We have not had to at all since new years. What the hell kinda company does this then they will not come out to the house for 3 days and try to fix it. Sounds all bull crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

ESPN and ESPN 2 go off frequently. I'm sick of the lack of quality from your company. You charge way too much for the service provided. People have always beat on cable companies, but yours is well deserved. It looks like you could fix the problem described. It has been going on now for months. So, FIX IT!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

Three weeks ago, I started having service interruption issues at my home in Oak Point, TX. A tech came out and determined the issue was not at my home, but related to too much signal on the downstream, which originated from a wiring issue at their pole/box in neighborhood. Was told they would have to put a ticket in for the fix and it would be about a week; he lied re: time frame, so he could just move onto his next service call. Two weeks after THAT and I still don't have reliable internet OR T.V. (which has a TIVO box that requires the internet).

I spoke w/ their 'leadership', Robert, who could not have cared less. He said he is not in control of when tickets get addressed, and would not put me in touch with who was. I said, "So basically I am an excellent customer of two years, and you are just throwing me under the bus?" He didn't say no!! I work from home, but have had to drive a long way into the office now every day as a result of this issue, and my holidays have been ruined. What do they care?! They have a monopoly on the internet in this area. Thank GOD I just rent a home here, and don't own! I am horrified by a company that would treat its excellent customers with such blatant disregard!! I will never move to an area w/ only one internet provider EVER again! Take heed everyone. AVOID this company at all costs.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Suddenlink uses flyers that promote a rate for 12 months "guaranteed", yet the business doesn't stick to the price. I've experienced the business using bill loading over 19 times with false billing line items. Additionally, the company now randomly changed my package that was not in the promotional flyer without my permission again posting on the TV that I would have to call in. Dropping down to basic versus what is promoted. The use the TV and computers to post messages when they know the consumer is using the product, to increase the rate over the package promotion. The billing and not sticking to their promotional offers and having a monopoly in the region is unacceptable, but using the consumers TV and computers to get a person to call in by randomly changing the product without the client's permission is creating an untrustworthy experience based on a marketing plan to increase sales, it seems.

According to several employees, they were increasing prices because prices had to go up, they were repackaging their clients. After Hurricane Harvey, they did get the service up which was appreciated, but they never automatically refunded for the days of service saying they needed in writing what days the credit was owed.

It's unusual that their entire advertising campaign uses 12 month rate package guarantees but the ads slam DirecTV for contracts but Suddenlink can't and won't stick to what they promote in flyers or on TV. Overall, if you have a choice don't go with Suddenlink due to unethical and illegal account management that include bill loading. Scamming consumers to change their packages by changing the client's account, poor customer service and using an upsell technique for packages that include a monopoly which is supposed to be illegal in the USA.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

If you are considering internet or any other service by Suddenlink... do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. For the last six months I have Suddenlink Techs out to my home to try and find out why my internet speed is way less of what I am paying for. I am currently paying $107/month for Suddenlink’s 400 mbps unlimited internet plan and only getting on an average of 32 mbps. I have had about 6 techs to come out to investigate the problem and those tech were a mixture of Supervisors and regular techs and they all cannot figure out why my wireless internet is reading on an average of 32 mbps when I am paying for 400 mbps. Now I understand on wireless I will not or expecting to get 400 mbps however 32 mbps is unacceptable.

Even the Supervisors who has come out to help me express that same feeling but still cannot figure out why? I have heard every excuse in the book on this from its how my house is built (1 story house 1985 sq ft), it’s your foil covered insulation to the last excuse that I heard tonight that just infuriated me. I had a supervisor tell me the low internet speed had to do with the type of paint that is on my walls??? Smh. I have been patient throughout this ordeal but this last week has broken the camel’s back. In the last few weeks...I have been lied to from Suddenlink tech from missing appointments (not even calling) to having promises of Supervisors calling me to come out and work on my issue. This last week... I called and asked to speak with a supervisor on the phone and call center rep/lead would not transfer me to a sup but set up another appointment and promised that a tech would come out and fix the problem.

They sent me a contractor to come out. Tell me the same thing the other tech/supervisors have told me over the months. That he could not figure out why I was getting such low speeds...that my front 2 bedrooms were not getting any speeds at all. So tonight I called Suddenlink to talk to them about my credit that I was told I would get since I am not getting nowhere close to the wireless speed that I am supposed to get. I had a rep and a supervisor tell me that I will not be getting my credit because I was still getting internet service. I was like what...but I am not getting the full internet service that I am paying for... They did not care... Smh.

We went back and forth and I even ran an internet speed test for him and he still didn't care...to make a long story short the Supervisor did not care that I was a paying customer and would not issue any credit and hung up on me. Now I am not looking for anything for free and I willing to pay for what I use but to sell me 400 mbps internet package and only provide 32 mbps. I should not have to pay for that and should be treated better than I have been treated. If I had another option in internet service I promise you today would have been my last day as a Suddenlink customer and I will be spreading my story to everyone/anyone who will listen.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Been with them for 7 years. We were flooded in Harvey. Call them about get things back up and working. They offered me a service that would cover the repair of lines inside the home phone and cable. After a few months we called to get them to come out and set up the TV and phones, what a surprise it was not cover because I was in a flood and they didn't install the lines. No one at the time I signed up for this service said anything about the flood part or lines even though I told them about the flood, as they didn't tell me about the line part and they won't refund the fees they charged even though I never got any of the service they said they would provide.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I have nothing but technical problems with my services. I pay almost 200 a month for just internet and cable services. Internet never works and my bill, is never consistent. It changes every month and have gotten higher than ever.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Suddenlink took over CMA Cable in the Laughlin/Bullhead City market a little over a year ago. CMA's service was TERRIBLE with frequent outages and poor customer service. The customer service reps in the local office had a "don't give a damn" attitude. Suddenlink upgraded everything and service has been "OK" for about six months but this past Sunday we had an outage and when we called customer service they said they'd have a tech out a week from Monday between 4-6 p.m.. We watch a lot of Netflix because there's never anything good on regular TV. I believe that a week's delay is not good customer service and if this continues we'll switch to CenturyLink. Had seven years of this "BS" and think we deserve better.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Poor customer service, frequent outages, overall bad tv quality. Price increases for bad product. They survive because they go where other companies don’t. Given a choice, people would definitely choose another provider. I know I would!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I originally had a package of 250 gigs for 24.99 a month. In checking my account daily to see how much we had used (since we like Netflix) I saw we were getting real close every month. So I checked the upgrade box on my account site. They had listed there 400 account which is unlimited data for $ 40.00. I searched the entire site to make sure that there were no additional charges listed there were not. Mind you the upgrade column came up $total $40.00. So not a bad price. This was on 11-26-2017. So I upgraded. The following day I checked my account and SURPRISE $64.99 a month. I called their lack of customer service dept. They said, "Oh no that's on top of your current rate."

I replied politely at first, "Nowhere on your site does it say this." Her reply was "we don't have to list that information." I requested to return to my old plan of 250 gigs for $24.99. Her reply was, "No. We will only give you 150 Gigs for 24.99 since you changed your plan." I have never and I mean never dealt with such a corrupt company in my entire life. I have copied all the information on my account including their upgrades and have filed a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General's Office in regards to false advertising. Everyone should do this with their state. The only other option is a class action suit. After a couple hours yes not funny. I was advised there were other companies to go to.

Frontier is the only other company in our area and they wanted me to send 2 forms of ID to the state of Florida. Lol. The most corrupt in identity theft. Before they would open an account went to their local office and got the same answer. Send the documents even though I had my passport and AZ driver's license in hand. So that told me they're just as corrupt if they don't even trust their own employees to verify ID. In other words in Bullhead City AZ you're out of luck. Please file complaints with your State AG. They have us over a barrel and there's no way out. Other than USPS and antenna TV. You are just cash flow to these conglomerates. P.S. Copy and save everything for future references.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I was with Suddenlink several years. My internet kept going out. I was paying $85 per month just for unlimited internet. Suddenlink convinced me it was my modem/router even though I purchased the one they recommended. I had to purchase a new one every two years. It seemed to get a little better but it was still going out. Over a five year period they came out to my house about twice a year. It would work for a few months then the internet would start going out again for a few hours about 4 times a week. They would come out again but they didn’t really seem to care. Finally found out that cables will build up gas and they would have to be burped. This is because of the very old technology of Suddenlink’s infrastructure.

I decided to get DSL from AT&T for $30 a month. I’m sure the price will go up but Suddenlink has an extremely aggressive pricing policy. I really don’t mind if AT&T goes up because I feel I’m in Heaven right now. With Suddenlink I had 50 MBPS, with AT&T I have 19 MBPS. I DO NOT SEE ANY CHANGE IN SPEED WITH AT&T OVER SUDDENLINK. What most customers don’t understand is Suddenlink limits their speed depending on how much demand they have on that line. I doubt I ever got 50 MBPS with Suddenlink. BTW, if you leave Suddenlink, NEVER LET THEM SEND YOU TO THEIR RETENTION DEPARTMENT. They are very rude.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I got cable with Suddenlink. 11/6/17 my cable didn't work because the tech that came out did not connect my boxes on two T.V.'s, I called them. They set up appointment for the next day and did not tell me about a 65.00 fee for them to come out. And also my bill is 280.00 due by the 23rd of November. That's only two weeks of service, the cable service is never working right. It fuzzes out like I don't have cable, my bill is only suppose to be 39.99 a month now they saying 140.00 monthly.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

They said a $10.00 protection plan on my bill which I did not ask for. They took it off. My internet connection went haywire. I called them the next morning and the lady said yes she saw the problem. My internet was out of range. I ask if she could fix it and she told me someone would have to come out. She scheduled someone to come out. He said nothing was wrong. It was my computer. They charged me $65.00 and tried to add it to my current bill which I get electronically and had already scheduled a payment date. They tried once again to sell me a protection plan. #1 the only reason a serviceman was in my home was because the service tech identified the problem from her end.

I have never in all the years I've had service with Suddenlink been told I needed a service person to come to my home. They made a smooth $65... and I feel as though what the intent was to make me believe I needed their "new" service plan. When I called about it they told me, "Too bad"... they did not know until they came out what the problem would be. I said, "But she told me there was a problem." No, they had no way of knowing that. But I could buy their service plan and have someone out 3 times in one week if need be! If they needed to come out 3 times in a week I would think I needed to find another provider.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have always paid my Suddenlink bill automatically each month from my bank account. Suddenlink has begun arbitrarily increasing rates, failing to provide notification, then tacking late fees on to the account. This has happened three times in less than a year. This time the "customer service" supervisor was happy to invite me to leave Suddenlink over the latest $20 addition of late fees to my account. That was while I was still being polite and professional. I admittedly provided her a loud and uncouth response to her offer after that. One service person informed me the notices were in the fine print at the bottom of the e-statements, but not on mine. The supervisor indicated that it is not their duty to inform me of fee increases, I am required to look it up each month. Be ready to pay those fees.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Suddenlink is horrid: cable, internet, everything. First, they acquired coop deals to monopolize areas. This ensures they can charge ridiculous prices, offer substandard customer service, and provide lower quality services without question. Second, Suddenlink is extremely money hungry. I made the mistake of mailing a check on a Friday when it was due. I was charged a $10 late fee because they claimed they didn't get the check till a week later. I might believe the mail took that long since I don't get Saturday mail service, but they assume the right to charge a late fee based on when THEY cash your check.

If they wanted to, they could sit on your cheque every month for an extra $10. So I asked for my due date to be moved to a more reasonable day and they wanted to charge me per day it was moved. They wouldn't even tell me how much but after arguing thru provided an "estimate" of $2.70 per day. I ended up paying over $100 that month for their lowest tier Internet service.

Finally, their services are terrible. The Internet is more like intermittent. If you pay for 50 Mbps, expect an average of 5 when the service is actually working. You might get 50 in short bursts during low use times in favorable areas when the moon is 40 degrees above the horizon. And you will be paying what others pay for 100 Mbps consistently. The lesson here: find any other alternative. I can't believe this company hasn't been sued. They definitely deserve it.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Suddenlink is awful! I dropped my cable since there was nothing on and I was paying over $150 a month for both cable and internet and there was never anything worth watching. After I dropped the cable my internet started acting up and was very slow loading. I ran the speed test and even though I am paying for 100 Mbps the test only came back at 38 Mbps so I called Suddenlink to inquire. After 15 minutes of trying to get past the automated system to speak to someone since it hung up on me twice and then kept giving me the run-a-round before it asked if I wanted to speak to an agent. I was told that they had no idea why it would do that and they would a technician the next day. Well the technician showed up a week later and said that it was running correctly so there was nothing he could do either and didn't know why it was dropping from 100 Mbps to 38 Mbps and left without doing anything.

I received a bill for $54 for the 15 minute service call though on my next bill. I called billing to complain since I was never told by anyone that I would have to pay a service charge and I have never had to pay one in the past and was told they would remove it but had to get approval from a supervisor, who was in a meeting, and would call me back in an hour. After waiting 2 hours with no callback I called again only to be told that supervisors do not call back until after 3:00 pm (it was 2:40 pm at this time) and to wait and if they didn't call back after 3:00 to call back. At 3:30 I once again called back to complain and was told by the woman I spoke to on the first call that there was nothing she could do, as she said she explained to me earlier. WHAT???

I asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor (or I assume he was but could have been another billing rep for all I know) said I had to pay it since they made a service call even though they couldn't do anything to fix the issue. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was told that was in corporate and he gave me two phone numbers (which he had to ask the billing agent what the numbers were, which I thought was strange for a supervisor). I tried calling both of the phone numbers and neither one were working numbers.

So, I called back again and tried to go through technical support this time to solve the issue. I was told that since the technician made the call but it was not Suddenlink's fault they could not correct the issue I had to pay for the service call. I told her I wanted to speak to corporate but the numbers didn't work. She told me that the one number was an incorrect number and the other one was a fax number. I called the number she gave me and after 5 tries of receiving a recording saying the operator is not available. I gave up. I am trying to find a new internet service so I can drop Suddenlink completely and never deal with their dishonestly and lies again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Suddenlink is the ABSOLUTE worse internet company. At Falcon Pointe we cannot get Spectrum in this area so we are stuck with Suddenlink. I'm paying for 100 mbps of data monthly and I'm getting 10 mbps. The service is SO bad and I'm paying $50 per month for this crap! I get bumped off daily constantly... The service is so bad, there is actually a FP Forum about Suddenlink. Get it together SL... you totally SUCK.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Suddenlink is terrible. They just want more and more and more money. I have a $70 internet package and that’s just internet. So I called to ADD. Notice I said ADD not UPGRADE cable. Technician comes out and never installs anything in terms of running wire in walls or anything like that. He walked to one side of my living room and put a big black cable that ran behind my recliner on around my couch and then in front my living room windows and behind my fish tank to my TV on the other side of the living room... Very visible cable and then he left. So that night I turned on the TV and sat down to watch it and the cable was blurry and it kept cutting out.

So the very next day I took the cable and the cable box back to Suddenlink and canceled the service. The lady assured me there would be no charges of any kind because of the lousy service the tech did and the fact the cable didn’t work. So I get my bill and it’s for $101.00 and some change. I paid my usual $70 for my internet. There was still a remaining charge on the account for $30. I called them about it twice and both times the lady assured me that there were not going to be any charges and that it would fall off the bill. That was last month. So this month I pay my usual $70 and see that now there is a $40 charge on there... They call this an UPGRADE fee for cable plus my late fee for not paying the UPGRADE fee even though there was no upgrade. It was an add-on.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am beyond unhappy with Suddenlink and have now for some time. A couple of years back I signed up for EZPay and never thought once to have to double, no triple check that everything was working. Next thing I knew, they cut off my internet without warning and told me I had to pay $350 right off the bat to get any internet back. Then, they decided to up my monthly bill by $60 without warning. I really really really dislike Suddenlink. And when my husband called customer support, they did nothing to help us and were very unfriendly. Horrible, horrible company. I am canceling as of today.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I had to go work from home, no choice. 3 different calls and 4 chats - I was given 4 DIFFERENT prices! My bill went from $170.18 to $276.86! Due to my line of work, I have to have reliable service AND fast pings, package sending, and the upload/download ratio had to be consistent. Guess what? My part of town in Abilene, only Suddenlink fit the bill. Because I’m an existing customer, I get no “deals”. I am now forced to cut cable due to their price gouging! They know we can’t go anywhere else! Altice bought out Suddenlink in 2015, and we’re paying the price: I found the following, **: “Keep prices U.S. high and expenses European low. That’s the plan that Altice has for Suddenlink and Cablevision...” Even cutting cable won’t save much. The real issue is the monopoly and the consumers need to be represented.

Internet is now a utility like water and electricity! Most jobs want you to apply online, most resources are online, and many companies are switching to providing a majority of their services - online. Please bring attention to the loopholes in their pricing practices! How can they justify charging me more, when no additional lines were installed? I bought my own modem & router! I’m paying for the “privilege” of them providing an extra IP address!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The wifi service is terrible. I moved into a new house Monday October 1st, service started on Tuesday the 3rd. A few days after installation... The wifi connection goes in and out on my cell phone. I know my cell phone isn't the problem because the WiFi connection does the same with my laptop. What really upsets me is, I'm right next to the modem and in the same room. The only way the Internet connection works is if I am hard wired to the modem which is the only good thing, considering I work from home. I have been unable to contact Suddenlink because I have been so busy. Ever since installation I have had problems with this WiFi. To reiterate, I am in the same room, next to the modem and the connection goes in and out CONSTANTLY. If this isn't fixed I will have to find service elsewhere. I will be calling hopefully first thing in the morning. Also... I never received an email with order verification information.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was a customer of Suddenlink for 17 years and switched to AT&T because the rates were outrageous from Suddenlink. When AT&T kept raising their rates I moved back to Suddenlink about 8 months ago. Initially they were sending statements to an email address that was not mine and charged late fees. I switched to paper billing but the e-statements kept coming. More late fees. I finally went to the local office and was successful in enrolling in paper billing. Now they charge me $1.00 a month for the privilege of getting a paper statement so I can pay their invoice.

I had not received a paper statement so I sent a payment in on 9/29 which was several days before I normally receive a statement from them. On 10/10 I called customer service stating the check had not cleared. She was very understanding and helpful. I paid online with a credit card and was told if the check clears call them and they would remove the late fee. The check cleared on 10/11 so I called customer service. They were going to issue a credit $10 less than my card was charged which I did not allow. I explained I was told when the check cleared they would refund the $10 late fee. Today I was told that was not possible. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will not continue with them. I will make arrangements with another provider as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They responded quickly when I first signed up, and waited for my question to give the answer needed and provided information that might need regarding my questions and did not try to overload with product or package deals that did not apply to what I was asking for.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Suddenlink takes top prize for the WORST customer DISservice we’ve ever encountered. Nearly impossible to talk to a human, and when you do, after long, long waits, about half don’t speak English understandably. Their main job is to get rid of you. Rates rise more than once per year. They drop channels without warning and without replacements or compensation. The channels that are there frequently blank out with onscreen error message. Two missing channels have had the message, "programming will resume soon, please wait" for 3 months now.

Disservice agents are mostly rude, unhelpful and will even hang up on you. Either that or transfer you to another department. One told me, "we’re working on your problem". I asked what the problem was, she said, "I don’t know, there’s no outage reported." Local office phone numbers are unlisted or if you call you are relayed to a call center that could be hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Effective immediately I’m shopping around for a different provider. Enough of this horrible company that does not care about customers!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have phone, internet, and TV with Suddenlink and they keep raising cost. I have no complaints on phone or internet but on TV cable it's a different story! The company shifts to all HD TV and now requires cable boxes on every TV. Don't sound too bad, huh? BUT they charge you 3.00 per box and in my case that is four sets. The min set box is no charge. Stinks if you ask me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I don't have the time to express how horrible Suddenlink's so-called customer service is. We lose service at least a dozen times every year. Since we are all in with Suddenlink, this is a great issue. No TV, no internet, no phone... nothing. A call to Suddenlink is a total waste of time. Reset this, reset that, "outage in your area and we are working on it." It takes talking to a computer for 5 minutes before you get put on hold and you may get a human being within 10 or 15 minutes. While waiting, remember, no TV, no internet, no phone as you are having to call on your cell phone. We tried our local office in Winnfield, LA, but it is just as useless. Over the last month, we have gone to our local office 6 times to check status of service, installation, etc. The blonde lady working the counter told us each time she would check for us and give us a call. To date, she has never called our home to give us status on anything.

Please understand this is a 10,000 foot comment on how useless this office is but you should get the picture. I managed people for 41 years and I can spot a person making time and not making a contribution within seconds of talking to them... their response, actions, and body language. With all this, I had a weak moment and added Suddenlink Security. Go figure! It took 2 weeks to get the installation because the local office in Winnfield did not do their job. My wife called Suddenlink customer service who actually handled the scheduling of the installation. We got our installation as scheduled on a Wednesday. The technician showed up without a battery for the base unit. No problem unless we lose power at which case it will be a total reprogram of our entire system. You would think there would be urgency on the part of the technician to return the next day with the battery but he said he would come back the following week!

Within 24 hours we had 2 sensors that were not reading. We again called corporate customer service knowing we would get no action locally. Their response was that they would send out a technician the following week! My wife went wild at this point. Why did we get a security system if it has already malfunctioned and Suddenlink will check it out the following week! My wife demanded action or they could get the equipment and we would change our service to Dish or DirecTV. The CS agent then said a technician would come Saturday... a day and a half later but we agreed. They were to arrive between noon and 2 pm Saturday. We cancelled a trip and stayed home for this appointment.

At noon on Saturday, we checked the online CS line and was told they moved the appointment to 2 pm to 5 pm that day. At 5 pm, my wife endured talking to the computer and finally got a human after 10 minutes. This clown was so disrespectful and rude to my wife but she handled him. He said the appointment was for Monday but we were told repeatedly it was Saturday. This goon needs to be fired as they at least need courteous people manning their total lack of customer service "Customer Service" phone service. I could go on and on with greater details of total lack of service but you should be able to get the picture. Evaluate your choices and choose wisely. We certainly did not!

Suddenlink Company Information

www.suddenlink.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use