Suddenlink

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Was having internet connection problems for over year, talked to numerous techs by phone. Suddenlink finally sent out a tech that spend about 5 min in the house, played with some wires and deemed it fixed. I asked him to check to see if it fixed problem. He refused and left. Problem continued. My cc was charged $50 for a 1hr visit that lasted 5 min and solved nothing. Had to deal with many unhelpful people at Suddenlink that said they "deemed" it a valued charge and SL has a policy of never refunding. Finally got a tech out that spent a full hour. He said the box SL supplied was no good and the original SL installer made a mess of the wires inside the house and on the outside. He said I was fortunate to get him (and I agree) because he has to spend a lot of time fixing what other techs mess up, that so many don't know what they are doing.

So I had to pay $50 for the first tech who refused to do his job, probably because he wasn't qualified. This is an unethical practice and SL should care enough about customer goodwill and reverse the charge. But since we have no other internet choice, they can be as dishonest as they want. At least I can change my TV provider.

I called Suddenlink 3 times with billing questions and arrangements. The first call put me on hold for the 25 minutes so I had to hang up because I had a previous appointment. I called back and the lady who answered after a 15 min wait could not help me. I called a third time and asked to speak with a collections rep and stayed on hold for 50 MINUTES!!! If I would of had other internet providers I would have hung up and gone elsewhere. I turned off my cable at the beginning of the pay period and Suddenlink charged me a full month and said they could not prorate our usage so they charged me the full month when we didn't even have service cable with them. They charge random fees after fees and their internet is slow!! I have the biggest internet amount but it doesn't seem better than the smaller one we previously had. Very disappointed with this company and looking for services elsewhere!!

They just gave me the run around on some issues we had with bill pay. My parents were out of the country and had my brother house sit. The bill never came in and he didn't know he had to pay. When they got back, they noticed the bill hasn't been paid. Without hesitation they paid online through their bill pay service. The internet was still shut off and I called them to pay another payment via phone. Suddenlink said they would charge 62.25 on my card and waive the late fee to get my parents service back on track, but they charged an extra $20 on top without my consent.

I called a few days later to resolve but they gave me the run around. One lady, Corinth, was helpful but noticed strange billing additions/queues and she said "things didn't add up". She transferred me to another associate that told me another story about how I would have to show up physically to dispute these charges. Service is not what it seems here. They are not honest. They stole my money and I give them that. They won, but I'm having my parents switch to Spectrum now. And I will continue to deter my friends, family and people I meet away from Suddenlink.

Whenever I have problems it is solved very quick with the help of standby operators who patiently take out the time to help me. Listening skills are a definite A. I feel that they genuinely care to help me solve my problem. Installation was quick and easy. I received really helpful directions which was very clear in how to setup. The installation went very well without a trace of mistakes. Speed is very fast. My devices no longer freeze due to slow connection. I feel comfortable at the rate they work now thanks to very good connection. This service provider is very reliable. Had very little problems with it. The connectivity withstands and is up to par. It even stands strong through thunderstorms.

Customer service often takes a long time. Representatives are not available or cannot help you with your problem. Internet does not work throughout our entire house like it should and they still cannot fix it. Installation process was fine. Had to schedule an appointment and they came to install on time. They were here for a while tho. But they did a good job. Not happy with our internet speed. It is also pretty unreliable. It does not work throughout our entire house like it should. Would not recommend their internet service to anyone that has other options. Internet is not reliable at all times. Often is slow or stops working. Suddenlink has never been able to fix it. It also doesn't work throughout our entire house like it should be.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

I've had contact with customer service several times, and for the most part, all of the representatives are very helpful. You do get the occasional one that's just there for a paycheck and isn't helpful at all. I was very happy with the installation process. The tech was very professional and knew exactly what he was doing. He took the time needed to make sure everything was working and to answer any questions I had. For the most part I am happy with the speed. It's definitely much quicker than my last provider, but there are yes when it seems slow down. It usually only slows down though during "high traffic" hours. Even then, it's generally still fast. Since switching, I've had a couple of outages. All of the times except for one was restored when they said it would be. I've never had an outage during a storm though, unlike my last provider.

Everyone is very nice in person or on the phone. They answer questions, seem happy with their jobs, always make sure I'm taken care of before I get off the phone or leave the office. Very nice, cordial, respectful. Anytime we've had someone come to the house they're always very nice and professional. Haven't seen another company treat their customers with such dignity and respect. We've had AT&T before and it will always drop service, be slow or lose signal. Not with Suddenlink, we have never had a problem at all and the speed is incredible. I can't do my work on my phone, my husband can work on his computer and we can stream movies at the same time and never have glitches that pause or slow down the movie or our work.

The representatives are very helpful and courteous. They work very hard to try to solve any issues that you may have and are polite. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. The installation was very quick and easy. They came while I was at work but my spouse said they did an excellent job and took the time to answer all his questions. The speed of my internet is outstanding. I do occasionally have lagging or buffering on sites but normally only during bad weather. Otherwise the service is quick. The reliability of the service is great. I know it is going to work as it's supposed to without any performance problems. If there's ever any problems customer service is always willing to help.

I have never really used customer service so I'm not really sure but I would assume it would be really good. We haven't had any problems in the past and hopefully we won't have any in the future. They showed up when they were supposed to. It was really fast and easy. No complaints. The technician asked if we needed anything and he was very knowledgeable. We got the fastest internet connection package because my husband is a gamer and it's great. He can play all of his games without any lag so he's really satisfied with it. Haven't had any real problems with it. Sometimes it goes but later on it'll be back and running within an hour or so and that's happened only a couple of times and we've had it for 5 years.

Suddenlink Company Profile