1.03/5

Suddenlink

The Suddenlink residential suite of services, available in the south, midwest and western parts of the United States, provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV. and voice services plus advanced home security. With broadband speeds of up to 1 gigabit, Suddenlink is the fastest broadband provider in each city it serves.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

254 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I'm a senior and I couldn't afford the ever increasing rates. I tried to quit Suddenlink last month. First, they won't let you stop service until the end of any given month, so just know that. Second, I asked Suddenlink to stop auto-pay for my final payment and sent a hand-written check in its place (received by Suddenlink on time) and they charged me a $25 returned item fee because of changing from auto-pay.

Next, even though I returned, by FedEx, my two pieces of eleven year old equipment, they immediately billed me another $325 for the equipment, saying that I will be credited back some money whenever the equipment is processed, but also they said that they haven't received any equipment according to their records, even though I have the tracking slip. It just goes on and on and on with them. Now I have to prove that FedEx sent the equipment, and although I DO have the tracking slip it will take another probably four hours to send the info to them and make sure they have it. On a personal level, please don't ever use Suddenlink. Everything about this company is punishment. They are just too hard to deal with. They are like a medium sized piece of continuous bad news in your life. Please do not sign up with them, EVER.

On a business level there should be a class-action lawsuit filed against them. They make up charges, service reps all tell you something different (and they won't give you any way to know who told you what: reps will only tell you their first name), and at the end of the day Suddenlink billing 100% will shoot you first and ask questions later (meaning that they will just send you to collections for a trumped up bill.) I don't owe Suddenlink $25 for a returned auto-payment fee when the bill was paid by check, and I never intended to agree that I would pay any amount of money that Suddenlink invents for equipment from 2008, particularly when it was returned by FedEx to the Suddenlink equipment return center. Moreover, when the guy installed (gave me) the equipment back in 2008 he told me that it was not new. He said that "We just grab it off a shelf in the back. It probably came out of your neighbor's house."

I am crying now. I just paid them the entire $350. I don't know what else to do. I absolutely can't afford it, and it is a complete joke to them. They could not re-use the equipment I returned -- it's too old. I don't want them to add on continuous late-payment fees if I don't pay this extortion bill. I just need to be rid of these horrible, stressful people. They obviously think they can charge me for ANYTHING under the threat of late payment fees and sending me to a collection agency. And they are pretty much right. The only joy lies in hoping that I can be rid of them. So, as a long-term customer, getting out of Suddenlink has cost me $350 plus the final month's service that I paid for because I requested turn-off on the third, but they wouldn't stop billing until the 30th., so that's another $167.30.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I scheduled a service appointment on 2-7-2019 and was given a service date of 2-13-19 between 9AM - 6PM. The service technician did not show up and I did not receive a call. After 6PM I logged in to my account and now my appointment has been rescheduled to 2-19. I am a working class person and made arrangements to be available on the original service date. If West Virginia wants to truly provide reliable internet service to all residents, then they should pressure companies like Suddenlink (Altice), which is the only choice most people have, to provide a decent level of service to its customers.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I lived in an area where the only TV, Cable and Internet available was Suddenlink or CenturyLink. Suddenlink has really bad service. CenturyLink is just a little worse. Their customer service was always charging us with false billing and doing what they referred to punishment of the customers because of their errors. Their customer representative admitted it to me and said it wasn't fair to their customers. Their service was always broken and we had to wait until they fixed it which could be hours or days. I requested they reimburse for bad service and they said too bad about that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Pop up the price every year without anything added on top. Needs to talk to the customer service and may or may not work out. So annoying and could not wait for the high speed 5G wireless service coming to this area. Please go bankrupt, Suddenlink.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

On JANUARY'S bill, I received a 'Data Overage Charge' for $210 for NOVEMBER usage. The concern is... I DO NOT use 'data' on my computer or TV, I did not have 'house guests' during that time, NOR do I have ANYONE else using my system. Also, my 'average usage' is under 50, and my ceiling is 250... Nowhere close to being 'over'... So where did this 'overage' come from???

I was told to get a 'replacement' WiFi box because someone had 'hacked' my account, which I did. I spoke with a Supervisor, Rhonda, she told me the charges would be removed within 24 to 48hrs, but when I received my FEBRUARY bill, the charges were still on there. I reached out to Suddenlink AGAIN, I was told a Supervisor would need to get back with me. After several days, Angelina, left me a voice mail only stating "Sorry, charges can't be removed now." So, I reached out to Suddenlink again... VERY RUDE Customer Service Rep!!!

Those 'Overage Charges' were put on my bill by Suddenlink (two months later), not accrued by me, and when I reached out to Suddenlink... several times... the customer service people were rude and unhelpful, and the response time from Supervisor is appalling. SUDDENLINK... please remove the false charges you put on my account and have a training session for your Customer Service Representatives and Supervisors!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I signed up in July for a local service of cable, internet and phone. The installer came and didn’t install the service I requested. Two months later we had to change the machine which didn’t work. They offered me a month rebate. Instead, they involved me on the 12th and the 22nd of each month - the invoices always are far higher than the agreed quote. The online request for customer service is never answered. After two hours of time today to try to get answers as to why I have two bills and why they are so high when they didn’t ever put in the full service I was finally transferred to a supervisor. Two minutes into the call he disconnected...did not phone back. I called them and they promised he would call back. He didn’t... I called again and they are closed. Terrible service and overpriced.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We have been Suddenlink customers in the Amarillo area ever since they purchased Cox Communications and took over, so for 10+ years. We have our cable, internet, and phone services bundled and over the last year, they have raised our rates on average $10 a month. We pay (including all their dang fees) $220.98 a month for these three services - and their services are not all that great like they used to be. On top of that, anytime you contact their customer service number at 1-866-659-2861 you never know if you are going to get an agent that you can even understand because of the thick accents. On top of that, there is so much background noise that you can't even hardly hear them to tell them why you are calling. We were using their EZ Pay service, however you don't know when they draft from your account and even if you have the funds in your account, they will come back and say you didn't and charge you an additional $10.64 late fee.

When you try to visit with an agent or customer service rep. once again, you cannot understand what they are telling you because of their accent or the background noise and they will tell you they will credit your account but they do not. Also, when they reset your cable box and mess up your remote and you schedule a technician to come fix it, if you are not at the door within the 2-4 hour time frame they give you, (and they do not call you to let you know when the technician is actually there) they charge you $60 on your bill plus fees that you can do nothing about. Their cable, internet, and phone service has gone downhill along with their customer service! They are getting too big and forgetting about the customer!!! We closing our account with them and going to a smaller company that has the same services but still actually CARES about their customers!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Run. Here is no service, had my service installed 12/24/2018 and from that date all I have had is headache. Call them on 12/26/2018 and told them didn't have internet they check and said there was a problem and they would send out someone. When he came he was rude, tracked snow into my house and said it's your computer and left. I filed a complaint about him. Then they charged me for a service charge of $60.00 dollars. Then I started calling them about this, said they would take care of it. This went on for 2 months then it showed up on my bill. When I called about this. They said nothing can be done. Asked to talk to someone that could do something and was told there is no one higher.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I started with just internet. I never was told there was a data cap on my service. I called to upgrade my data and was told it would be cheaper to bundle with cable. I was quoted a price but the bills that I received was always at least $50 higher if not more. I had finally had enough. I called to cancel my service on January of 2018 after paying my bill. I just received a call on 2-5-19 saying my bill was sent to collections. I called to find out what was going on and they are trying to bill me for Feb, March, and April. I had paid my bill and returned my equipment. Returning the equipment was another headache. I was told that they would be sending me a label to use to send back. Never received the label after calling numerous times I finally was told there was a store in my town that I could drop the equipment off at.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Suddenlink has decent internet service. That's the end of the good. Your bill will start off at $39.00 for the year. We started in 2016 at $39.00 per month. I hated AT&T's service, it was nice to deal with Suddenlink. I was assured by the nice Suddenlink lady they do not do annual increase like AT&T does. GREAT. 2017 it went to $43.99, 2018 $54.99 and now 2019, $57.99.

We use a couple of megabytes a month to operate a NEST thermostat at a second home. There is almost no way I have discovered to contact them. I made contact after exhausting all options and it somehow connected me to someone with a heavy accent underwater drowning or so that is how it sounded. She assured me with her knowledge of my phone number she would call me back and see if the connection would improve. No call. Suddenlink, you have not heard the last of me. Cable has a bad name because of companies like Suddenlink. I can only hope 5G puts you out of business. Avoid Suddenlink.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I called Suddenlink several times over the course of a couple of weeks to discuss my bill and have been transferred numerous times and to have been on hold for 45 minutes to an hour each time. I wanted to discuss reconnecting my services which got disconnected without an email, letter, or phone call. Upon finally reaching an agent, I was told that I was going to lose my package deal of $150 which included HBO, Showtime, TMC, Tivo with 3 minis, unlimited wifi, and home phone to now having no primetime shows whatsoever, now paying for a modem, and an increase on my monthly bill.

Then they wanted me to pay an extra whole month in advance after I just made a "caught up" payment of $170 yesterday to reconnect my services. It's been less than a month and instead of reconnecting me, they want to downgrade my package, increase my monthly bill, and make me pay another full months payment before they reconnect me. I am in disbelief. They do not care about current customers and good customer service, only the NEW customers are important to them. And they wonder why everyone is going to or have gone to Dish/DirecTV. They have certainly lost me as a customer today!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I've had to discontinue cable TV because I can no longer afford it. I have internet only with them. They charge me a $1.00 paper trail because I pay by check. On the other hand about three times a week I get mail trying to sell me their crap. It all sounds good until you read the fine print. Now they are charging me additional $2.50 network enhancement fee. I live off SSI. PLEASE HELP! My last bill from them totals $73.49. Why are they allowed to do this to senior citizens??? The last time I went to their office to speak with them I talk to someone who was very arrogant and treated me very badly.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

At night, my cable and net go out. I have had three techs, all three say they need maintenance to work on whatever is on the pole. That has been three weeks ago. Suddenlink wants to continue to send techs out to work on the equipment. I don't need that. I do not understand why the tech cannot get through to maintenance and why this cannot be fixed. I also do not understand why they will not credit my bill. I also do not understand why they will not have a supervisor take care of this problem. It just keeps going around in a circle. Well my cable is out and it is about time for the internet to go.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had canceled my cable (kept internet service) in October, and was told they would be sending me an RMA label to ship the equipment back. I had packed everything up and waited for the label, which I never received. I got busy with every day life and forgot about the shipment, until they turned my internet off. I called to inquire as to why, and was told it was because I had not returned the equipment. There was a balance of $741 on my bill of which over $600 was for the equipment.

After about an hour, I was told I could go online to print out a shipping label, now why didn't they tell me that in the first place? On top of that, I couldn't just pay the balance for the internet service until they received the equipment, and then it could take 24-72 hours to release the hold. I tracked the FedEx package and saw that it had been received on January 25, today is January 31. That is more than 72 hours.

I called again this afternoon (third time) to find out what the status was, and was told that it could take up to 30 days to show receipt of the package. Are you kidding me? The first time I called it was 24-72, the second time I called it was 24-48, NOW IT'S 30 DAYS??? Until then, I cannot pay the balance for my internet service, so I am without. I'm done with Suddenlink!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I've contacted Suddenlink about my bill creeping up on a regular basis. I've been a loyal customer for some years now; however, better rates are given to new customers only. Existing customers get the pleasure of having to police their billing statement as rates increase and random fees are added, with no option of lowering the bills (per a phone call with customer service a couple months ago). The latest charge is an extra $2.50 for a Network Enhancement Fee. Also, I have warnings of using too much data and threats of charging for it and when I check my plan I am well below the usage limits.

Instead of helping me resolve this issue, customer service pretends not to have my account, although I provided the account number, access code, billing address, security question answer, and email account. They still could not authenticate me. Amazing. Customer service is sorely lacking, loyal customers aren't encouraged to stay loyal, and you end up paying more for less. If there is a better provider available in your area, go for it!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I had services installed on 01/11/19. After trying out the services for the weekend, I was very unhappy with the cable services. I cancelled the cable portion of my service on 01/14/19. I received a bill for the three services combined, instead of just the 2 services I kept. I called customer service to get an adjustment, and after 39 minutes of back and forth on the phone talking to a lady with very bad broken English, I asked for a manager. The lady told me, "I don't have manager." After another 3 minutes of back and forth, I have now been on hold for 11 minutes. A 53 minute call at this point just to get an adjustment on my bill... Absolutely ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Explain to me how on 5/2/18 I can use 328.8 of data and never again until 12/2/18 with 277.8 of data when all I use Suddenlink for is to check email? I asked Suddenlink if they were checking something on the unit outside our home and they never responded but did not hesitate to bill me for the overage. All months have never exceeded 70.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I am not going to list all the problems I have had with these people... But here are a few -- email that doesn't work, outside cable cord laying on top of the ground, $60 to come out to your house if you don't subscribe to $16.75 a month 'protection plan', customer service reading from some idiotic response card regardless of what you are telling or asking them. When I subscribed to their 'bundle' in Jan on 2017 my rate was suppose to be $107... Turned out to be $120. Now in 2 years it's $160. I had had Suddenlink for 20 years previously at my prior house and had no problem... Now it has gone to the dogs with no decent customer support. I saw that Suddenlink was bought by a Israeli company in early 2017 so I think the problems are from that new management. I discovered by accident that Suddenlink was sold out to a Israeli company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Ok, so the original installer was a contractor and he did a wonderful job, except that he isn't the guy that buries the cable underground. He told me they should come within 7 days to bury it, so it remained across my lawn. This was in January of 2018. After a month, no one had called or shown up. So I called them, and this was the beginning of a miserable experience. I was promised someone would come on a particular day, and they did. But when the guy got out of his truck, he said "I cannot bury that cable, that ain't my job." So he left, again after a month, no one called me back. I called again, made another appointment. Another guy shows and again, he doesn't bury it either. I tried a third time, and no one ever showed for that appointment.

So after calling for 8 months, at least 6 times, I called again and reported the lawnmower guy ran over the cable by accident and part of the wire was sticking up and a hazard. They sent someone out and this guy told me the cable should be an aerial drop, not underground, though it was less than 75 ft, which I was told before, less than 75 ft should go underground. So the guy hangs it in the air and connects it to my house. I was just glad to get it out of the yard. So that day the TV service keeps freezing up. I call back and the same guy comes out and says, "I should have replaced that cable since it was damaged from the lawnmower, so I will replace it now." He did and the TV began to work fine again. But, to add insult to injury, I get a bill for 64.00 from Suddenlink.

I call and tell them, "Look up the records, this was supposed to be done in the original installation." Guess what, they tell me they will not take that charge off my bill because I don't have the extra insurance for repair. I explained, this is not a repair, but rather completing the installation. I spoke to every supervisor I could talk to, and every one of them were rude, and told me either I pay it or lose my service. I am supposed to be a VIP customer, well apparently the VIP people get treated quite badly. I am very disappointed.

I called my lawyer and he said it wouldn't be worth the hassle fighting over 64 dollars. I was prepared to spend a thousand to get my 64 dollars back because of principle. However, I just decided to live with it. Though I love the TV, and internet from Suddenlink, they done me and my family dirty by charging me for simply completing the installation. I should never have had to make all these calls and waste my time getting them to finish the job. I felt everyone should know how I was treated. You are only as good as the people working for you. Suddenlink, you can find the email chains from within, and read all about this. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have been a faithful customer to Suddenlink for one reason. It’s the one that is provided on the base. I paid originally $70. After management changed they raised the price to $80 for the first year for only internet service. But then I see that my next bill after the first year goes up to $95 for the same service. I called to ask the question of why and customer service tells me that it is because of improvements they are doing with fiber and the company itself. I don’t see it fair to get prices raised for services that I don’t receive. Internet doesn’t allow me to access some site that I need for work. Which by using my personal hotspot on my phone I can access those site. On fort still we are bound by the services we limited to use. First place I have dissatisfaction with a company's service but I use it because in our house we have people that do online classes and streaming.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I requested services to be connected the end of October, first week + a few days later we dealt with it constantly disconnecting (12-20 times A day!) and sometimes it wouldn't reconnect for hours. The weather was horrible so I let it slide until the weather was decent and the issues were still present & called for a tech to come out. Fast forward to now (mid January); 6 or 7 technician visits later, 2 new modems, all inside wiring and connections changed at least once AND it STILL wasn't a reliable connection.

Last 2 tech visits I insisted the outdoor wiring was the issue because it's old & seeing how it's the winter/rainy season in Louisiana that means every fluctuation in the weather just adds to the issues. Techs would "find" something else as the cause, get it to connect long enough for them to run the tests and then leave. Couple minutes or hours later, internet disconnects multiple times or disconnects and wouldn't reconnect. I called Tech support & requested ANOTHER tech; they said someone from tech support would call to find out specifics. Talked to a rep who put in ticket request for refund on non existent service days for 2 months (not to mention ticket for gift card I never received!); was told I'd get a phone call within a few days. Fast forward 2 weeks and ANOTHER phone call later and I have a full bill in the mail with no credits issued.

Called and told them I'm not paying the bill until my cables are replaced outside and my internet is RELIABLE- Rep says okay and sends second request for tech support to call me to get specifics on the issues. Rep also verified every tech report and agreed it did sound like it was the dropline needing replaced. Rep double checked to verify credits to my bill had been requested (yes but not processed- Rep said someone was supposed to call me to discuss the issues- Never did receive a phone call). And request for gift card was resubmitted- never heard from anyone about that either. I was also on the phone waiting forever for the supervisor to come on the line and the rep comes back on to tell me that & "to let me know" sometimes disconnects happen and they will call me back.

Mind you I had been on hold for 30 minutes solid and it hadn't disconnected but 2 or 3 minutes after he said that and then put me back on hold the phone disconnected and NO ONE called back. Fast forward a couple days; today the weather isn't horrible; I'm off work- let's see if internet works correctly before I start something and it crashes in the middle of what I'm doing... TV says signal is great, phone and laptop won't connect and says modem is connected but guess what- TV won't connect! Call Suddenlink again; this time Payment & Billing department because I figure I already know what this is about since credits weren't issued on last call a few days prior.

Sure enough; while I'm waiting on phone calls that are related to my service issue they #1 never processed my credits to the bill, #2 they interrupted service because of the bill & credits not being processed, #3 when she did process the credits they still wanted me to pay equal to a whole months worth of service. Mind you I already paid a whole month's worth of service in advance when it was installed! I've only had the damn thing connected a little over 2 months so WHAT did they credit?! Apparently not much! I wouldn't recommend Suddenlink even if it was the only service available in your area- go without or go to the library or a friend's house. It's an absolute rip off if it doesn't work perfectly from the start.

Luckily I have options but it's incredibly PATHETIC that someone living in the middle of nowhere 30 miles away from the closest town has better FASTER service for significantly less money than I've had in the middle of town. To top it off they acted so nonchalant about it when I told them they could just "cancel" my service & I'd bring their equipment back. I'll take my business elsewhere and if you have options I'd recommend you do the same unless you're ready for a battle with them. Customer service reps were nice but extremely limited in what they can really do for you and seems like so much is passed on to someone else or another "department" and then they don't follow up on anything. VERY DISAPPOINTED but then I guess I shouldn't be surprised for a company with an average 2 star rating from reviewers.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I called Tech support with Suddenlink to find out how to change my email password on my home computer and devices. The Tech said she wasn't familiar with Macs and needed to send me to "Premier Tech Support" that would cost me $17.00/month. In the time I was put on hold to get transferred to Premier Tech Support I figured out the password issue on all 3 of my devices...and I am technologically challenged.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Suddenlink communications included fraudulent charges on my bill and provided no way to dispute these charges. A technician submitted a report stating they provided services that were never provided. Unfortunately this is a criminal act in my state, however Suddenlink has no procedures or policies in place to address this possibility. I have to file a police report. All of this could have been avoided if Suddenlink didn't have such poor controls in their accounting department.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I would have picked zero stars but it would take the review until I picked one. They don’t deserve even one star. Don’t pick Suddenlink for any products. I move to Rocky Mount NC recently and requested internet services through Suddenlink. I request service on December 27, 2018 and the installation appointment was schedule for January 7 between the hours of 8 am and 11 am. I stayed home from work to wait for installation and they called at 11:06 to tell me they wouldn’t be at my home until January 14th. I was absolutely furious and called their customer service and waited on hold for 2 hours.

When I was unable to reach them by phone I went to the local Suddenlink store and they couldn’t help and we’re clearly embarrassed at the situation. The store was packed with unhappy customers. I tried the next day and finally reach a real live person on the phone and they said that they would take care of the problem and an installer would be at my house between 11-2 that day. Again left work and waited for Suddenlink. At 3 o’clock I received a call saying they would be unable to install the internet until the following week. Suddenlink cost me almost two full days of work. When I said that they need to come because I couldn’t take off work again the scheduling person was very rude and said that they would not be there until the following week. I cancelled the installation and I am researching a class action lawsuit I can join for my lost work time. They are horrible and customer service does not care. Worst customer service I have ever received!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Been a customer since ’95. Was forced to upgrade from 50down/5up (which was perfectly fine with me) to 200down/10up unlimited since they decided to implement the monthly data usage limit to 250GB per month. Obviously my bill went up but goes up every year regardless with no improvement. Horrible! Now paying $90 a month. No competition other than AT&T DSL makes this a monopoly. It goes out on average 2 times a week. Working from home is horrendous! I own my own modem (16 channel) which supports 200 down speeds. I’ve called many times over the years letting them know their service is down and it’s hit or miss with tech support stating I need a business modem (32 channel) or my modem (16 channel) is perfectly fine.

Will not let me talk to a more senior person that understands networking (routers, IPs, etc.). Only recommends to send a tech out (5 days out min) which only understand cable signal/frequency info to check the cables (coax) are good. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect them to diagnose anything inside my house, I'm fully proficient on that. Now, Just today I tried to download a 249MB file from Dell’s support site and it’s bouncing around at 2 hours and 30 mins predicting completion. It should have downloaded in less than 1.5 mins with 200 speeds. This is ongoing not only with me by my neighborhood as well.

Now for their call center. Every time I call I attempt to get a hold of a real person. It get’s stuck at a point when it asks “if I’d like some troubleshooting tips - press 1” or “if you would like us to reset your modem - press 2”. Well. I hold on since I’m trying to get a real person. Apparently, by not pressing any button or pressing ZERO it initiates a mode reset. It did it 3 times while on the phone. What can you do? Move??? Hmm, I like where I live but this is absolutely absurdly ridiculous and moving has crossed my mind more than a few times! BTW, that file is 10% downloaded. Goodnight, hopefully it doesn't fail by morning.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have been with Suddenlink apprx. 10 years and have never had a late bill. I don't know what has happened to Suddenlink! It takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hrs to get through to someone in the Washington NC area. The bills aren't currently showing online and have been told by customer service that just because you don't get a bill on time that it is still due on the 15th. They say they are changing the billing system and it will probably be running two weeks behind but you are still required to pay a 0 due bill by the 15th. It takes around 4 days to get someone out for service. This used to be a really good company but something sure has changed for the WORSE!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I just spent 35 minutes on the phone with a customer "service" rep because my bill jumped $15/month without any changes to my package or any warning. I have been with Suddenlink (the original independent carrier I started with 28 years ago has been bought out several times, now Suddenlink) and finally have decent service after buying my own internet modem. Theirs kept failing. The rep refused to let me speak to a supervisor, although I could hear one in the background giving him instructions, refused to lower my bill without lowering my internet speed. I received NO satisfaction from them, even when bringing up their competition. They do NOT care about current, long-time customers!! He offered to cancel my account and let me sign up for a new one, with the accompanying fees!! One VERY dissatisfied customer here - I WILL be shopping around!!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I live in a small town, Rush, KY and there are no other internet service providers except Hughes Net, so I have no choice but to keep Suddenlink. I’ve had this provider for 4 yrs. The first year I had minimal issues and they were resolved fast. The company was sold after that year and I’ve had too many outages to count. I’ve called hundreds of times and I get the same answer, "We’ll send a device tech out." One of the service techs said they didn’t have enough techs in our area to keep it up and running. My service is in and out so bad that I can’t even get On Demand channels at all. But in the last 3 years my bill has went from 65 to 85 dollars for internet (if the service was reliable I wouldn’t have a problem with the bill going up)!

I would give this company 0 stars but of course you can’t. I’m now trying to get a hold of whoever is over this company or one of my state reps. (but so far I can’t find anyone to talk to, beside the operators at Suddenlink). This company advertises 100 MPS but in my area they only have 30 MPS speeds. If I had any other reliable provider in my area this company would have been dropped after it was sold. If you have any choice of internet providers be sure and do your research, even though the internet provided is a little slower go with the other provider, because you can’t rely on this provider at all!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I don't even know where to begin with Suddenlink. It's been nothing but a headache with these people. I was quoted a price of 119 & received a bill of 260. Technician decided not to show up when scheduled & called only to let me know warehouse was out of equipment needed for my service installation. I called customer service to complain only to find out the lazy technician said I had decided to reschedule. Every month my bills were more than quoted. Finally decided to downsize to internet only at beginning of following month. When I got home ALL services were disconnected. Had to call back the next day to get my services reinstalled & was told I had to pay a fee to get all services I had initially signed up for.

I finally decided to cancel all together because some ** decided to cut services I had already paid for. When I called back to cancel rep was very unprofessional & didn't even let me talk. He tried to make me an offer which made me think these dogs offer deals to whom they want. Finally told rep to cancel. Returned equipment which I had to pay for shipping via FedEx. Received a bill for 270 which I am waiting to find out what these charges are for. If you're reading please don't even consider these bozos for service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Its cost is way too high, no competition to compete with to help bring cost down. There is no negotiations with them, you pay what they want. And that's the way it is. Cut the nod dry!!! Internet very high too.

Suddenlink Company Information