3.8/5 (1683 ratings)

About Suddenlink

Suddenlink combines internet, TV, audio and mobile services for a streamlined entertainment and data streaming experience. Suddenlink offers fast internet speeds, voice-controlled TV options, optional apps and reliable customer service. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and does not require contracts.

Pros

• Plans start at $35 a month
  • Easy-to-use central platform
  • Price for life options on some plans

Cons

• Not available in all areas
  • Difficult to cancel

Bottom Line

Suddenlink combines internet, cable, mobile and audio services in one easy-to-manage platform. Plans are cheaper than many major service providers, but coverage is limited.

Top Suddenlink Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Everyone is very nice in person or on the phone. They answer questions, seem happy with their jobs, always make sure I'm taken care of before I get off the phone or leave the offi...

Verified

I have been with Suddenlink about a year and a half. Their technical performance has been excellent. I have appointment with their customer service representatives online, over th...

How does Suddenlink internet work?

Suddenlink internet plans start at $35 a month and have no annual contracts. Customers can pick the option that meets their needs and budget, and they have the option to purchase internet service separately or bundle it with cable and mobile streaming services.

Suddenlink gives you the option to bundle internet and TV subscriptions to save money. Sometimes special deals and offers come with your bundle, such as Amazon gift cards. Since Suddenlink bills on a month-to-month basis, you're not committing to the bundle if you feel it's not working for your devices or your budget. It is easy to make changes and modifications to your plan.

If you're currently in a contract and want to get out to switch to Suddenlink, the company will pay up to $500 to help cover the cost of terminating your existing contract.

Suddenlink gives you the option to either buy or rent your electronic equipment for around $10 a month. Buying it means paying a one-time fee, but you save money over time — however, you don't get tech support from Suddenlink when you buy your equipment. If you rent, you pay more over time, but the monthly costs are low.

Suddenlink mobile service

Along with internet and TV options, Suddenlink offers mobile services through its parent company, Altice USA. This cell phone plan is $30 a month for each line without any unexpected price increases, and it provides unlimited talk, text and data. It offers 99% nationwide coverage, and you can cancel at any time.

Suddenlink internet prices

Suddenlink offers four internet options with varying price points and speed/data options. Plans and price points may vary based on where you live.

Internet planCost
Internet 100$34.99 a month
Internet 300$44.99 a month
Internet 400$54.99 a month
Internet 1 Gig$74.99 a month

Suddenlink doesn’t have any contracts or data caps. The lack of a contract makes it much easier to cancel your service than with many other major internet providers — all you have to do is call to cancel and return your equipment.

Other Suddenlink costs to consider

Standard installation is free when you sign up online or $49 otherwise. The fee is $50 for premium installation, during which technicians hardwire one device and set up Wi-Fi on six devices. There is also a $3.50 one-time network enhancement fee.

If you cancel your Suddenlink internet service, you must return your equipment or pay for it. If you choose to keep it, you'll owe $125 for the modem and between $75 and $150 for the wireless router.

Suddenlink FAQ

How much is Suddenlink internet per month?
Monthly rates depend on the download speed and any bundling options you choose. On average, monthly rates range between $35 to $75 a month.
Is Netflix free with Suddenlink?
No. Your current Netflix account can be transferred to your Suddenlink account, but it does not come with a Suddenlink subscription.
How can I pay my Suddenlink bill?
There are many ways to pay your bill. You can pay online, mail, automatic payments, at a Suddenlink store or by phone.
Can I cancel my Suddenlink service online?
No. You need to call customer service to cancel your plan.
Who owns Suddenlink?
Altice USA owns Suddenlink.

Suddenlink Reviews

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I was told I would get a 200 dollar gift card after being with them for 3 months. It has been 3 months as of September. Now they are telling me it is only 2 months. I know they are lying but what can you do. This is the most lying company ever been with. I wish the folks in Washington would do something but you can't even trust them, I wish I didn't have to give them one star. They will lie.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I have been a Suddenlink consumer almost three decades. It has always been difficult to get service. We now have no office to visit without going 40 miles, and getting a real american speaking person is almost impossible. I have tried to get another provider, no one will cross suddenlink's boundaries. I didn't know they owned any territory? I have complained since 8/24/2021 for tv channels that are missing, More missing than I am receiving. After hours I finally was promised a representative, He came, didn't know what to do, Blamed it on the box on the pole, another rep came and ordered a repair from the main office, promised it would work in 24 hours, now an agent tells me another appt and another 48 hours, I still have poor service, what I have is OK, Maybe, It should not take 14 days and 4 appointments to get tv working. One appointment no one came or called.

I do hope we get another provider in the City Of New Bern ASAP. I have never seen such a monopoly, with so sorry service. Just don't be late, Late fee for sure, That you can depend on. Be careful with this tale of horror. I thought the days of free enterprise were still here. I can't get away from these people. Be careful of all the hidden charges on your bill. Read it closely, along with the fine print. Best of luck to everyone. I am old, but never have I experienced anything like this. I do hope this has informed readers on what has happened to me.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I am a customer that tries everything before I call for help, so the inability to skip the automated menu before you can talk to a representative is ridiculous. I am sick of paying for a service and not getting what I pay for. The reps treat you like you're incompetent. Is the internet plugged in?!? Really how else would I know if it was slow? It doesn't matter what device you test the speed on. Well actually when each device gives you a different reading it does. Stop slowing down the internet speed on the most used device in the home. All this company tries to do is get more money from their customers. I can't wait until Pitt County has competition move in here, because I hate Suddenlink. The image is for 5g internet.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Our internet has been out for two weeks, and when confronted with the urgency of not being able to work/school we were lied to several time. Waited around all day for four days in a row until we gave up and submitted to the universe that this god awful company was not going to help us in any way. I can honestly say this has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

By far the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I had a technician come out to set up the internet and he left before checking that the internet was operating. I had and installer come and fix the first installer's mistake. Then I was billed to have the 2nd installer come out. Now after disconnecting my service, I have been billed for another month when I am no longer using their product. Absolute crooks. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Extremely disappointed with Suddenlink. They charged me $60 for a technician to come to my house for LESS THAN 2 MINUTES to push a button on my remote that I don't even use. Through all of their automated systems and over 10 people trying to assist me prior to the technician coming out, not one person told me to find that remote. To top it off, one representative told me they would waive the fee and now they tell me they can't waive it. Why don't you try following through with your word Suddenlink.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

Where do I start - well they shut me off 30 days before my bill was due. I had no internet for like a week and still got charged for it. Internet was slow. When I called about the problem the representative had no idea what to do, kept telling me to do the same thing over and over. I am happy to switch to a different internet provider. I will never get Suddenlink again ever...

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Suddenlink provides some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced along with unstable internet and common billing errors. I could not in good conscience recommend Suddenlink to anyone. Unfortunately I have no other option, however if you have another option for internet go with it!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I have a house 20 miles away from here and there is competition for internet service and I have a good company there. In the city of New Bern, NC there is no competition and no worse service. If you are considering coming here you need to be aware that this is the same company that has given the same value of 150 a month for high speed internet that at best is only down twice a day and is on record in the House of Representatives by Representatives Murphy from NC as completely bad on a good day and the only reliability is that it goes down at regular intervals. This is not the first time I have seen this, this has been happening with the internet here for more than a year, but no one listened until the special election of Rep Murphy, I am still waiting for my call back from Suddenlink to address this problem but after 10 months I guess it will not happen. If you have any choice of suddenlink or smoke signals, pick smoke signals as more reliable.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2021

We're moving to Georgetown, TX in September. Scheduled our Suddenlink service set up on 8/7/2021. Called to cancel service 8/8/2021 because they were charging us $174.14 for service that would not begin until 9/7/2021. We don't even close on the property until 9/3/2021. They withdrew the $174.14 from our acct. On 8/11/2021, we called Suddenlink and spent WAY TOO Much of OUR time on the phone with them. We talked to a guy named Tulio who after 34 minutes gave us a refund confirmation number and stated the refund would take 10-12 business days. That was unacceptable. We demanded to speak with a manager, but Tulio told us they were all in a meeting. We demanded a manager call us back within the hour.

Manager Michael called us back in under an hour, he apologized and said the customer service rep was doing his job according to company policy. Michael said he could process the refund differently, but it would still take 3-5 business days for it to hit our account. He gave us a different confirmation number. Today, business day 5, 8/18/2021, refund is still not in our account. Called Suddenlink AGAIN and were told, "The refund was never initiated/submitted" and we were given a third confirmation number.

As of now, we have filed complaints with the FCC and the BBB as well as contacted our bank to file a fraud alert for unauthorized withdrawal of funds for services not received. Unfortunately, Suddenlink is the ONLY internet provider in Georgetown, TX. Otherwise we would not do business with them at all. If you can avoid doing business with Suddenlink, please avoid them like you're avoiding COVID-19! Our experience has been nothing short of horrible!

Suddenlink Company Information