Shop on FYI
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Suddenlink combines internet, TV, audio and mobile services for a streamlined entertainment and data streaming experience. Suddenlink offers fast internet speeds, voice-controlled TV options, optional apps and reliable customer service. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and does not require contracts.

BOTTOM LINE

Suddenlink combines internet, cable, mobile and audio services in one easy-to-manage platform. Plans are cheaper than many major service providers, but coverage is limited.

PROS

• Plans start at $35 a month
  • Easy-to-use central platform
  • Price for life options on some plans

CONS

• Not available in all areas
  • Difficult to cancel

Top Suddenlink Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Everyone is very nice in person or on the phone. They answer questions, seem happy with their jobs, always make sure I'm taken care of before I get off the phone or leave the office. Very nice, cordial, respectful. Anytime we've had someone come to the house they're always very nice and professional

I have been with Suddenlink about a year and a half. Their technical performance has been excellent. I have appointment with their customer service representatives online, over the phone, and in person. They have been friendly, professional, and very helpful...Overall, I am very pleased with the com

Suddenlink Shop on FYI

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Suddenlink Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I pay $105 for “best” internet service available. Every month I have to call 2-3 times for troubleshooting assistance. If they do not resolve the issue they charge you $60 to have a tech come out. Instead of “I’m so sorry you are having this problem” it’s, “we’ve completed our terrible shooting steps, we’ll send a technician out in 3 days between 2-5. There is a $60 fee. Or you can sign up for our insurance for $6.95 a month.” Their service is so horrible you they don’t even have a satisfaction guarantee. Instead you have to insure yourself against their terrible service that NEVER works!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I have had numerous problems with their internet. Breaks down and is down for about two hours EVERY day around noon. Sometimes it comes back. I have called twice for technicians to come out. First time they were supposed to be at my home 8-11 AM...showed up at 4 PM. Said they had it fixed. The next day the exact same thing. Getting though to customer service is very time consuming because they give you the exact same self help steps, you can't skip through them. Their customer service is off shored and thus half the time you can't understand them and vice versa. Background noise is bad. DON'T USE THEIR INTERNET SERVICE!!!!

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

We lose internet EVERYDAY FROM A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO HALF AN HOUR! Called in for phone maintenance months ago! Tech never showed up! Called in because lines down about 2 months ago or more and tech said he would send out a crew to bury line and that never happened! Have still not had a home phone in months and pay my full bill! Called a few days ago and AGAIN, received confirmation text and no show, called to cancel all service, lady said she would send someone right out, no one showed up and it’s 8 pm at night! How do I handle this! Wow, just wow!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

Started TV and internet 40 days ago. Intermittent drops of internet from day one. After 36 days of service, lose Ethernet (Wireless worked) Had to spend hour on phone,. Wait almost 3 days for "service tech" to show up. He replaces cable modem/router, does not wait to see if cable tv is working (says it "takes a bit"), just leaves. It does not come on. Next day on phone with customer service for hour and a half about cable service, company schedules another "service call"for next day. Tech comes in, changes story at least twice what is wrong (blames tech from two days ago), changes DVR, says hookup DVR will take an hour, and he leaves. After 5 hours, TV is still not receiving all channels, wife has been on phone with company, on multiple calls for over 45 mins, with the only progress is "I will call you right back".

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

SuddenLink does not care about their customers at all! I am waiting on hold right now, (35 minutes so far) for the 3rd day. I have been charged for a missed service call when we waited all day and no one showed up. I called (and sat on hold) and told them no one came. They said they would send out another tech another day. I said to put on the service order that they must call me before arriving. NO call. NO tech. 2 Days waiting on SuddenLink. Decided to just say forget it and deal with the dropped service we are experiencing. Then the bill arrives and I am charged $60.00 for a missed Service Appointment. I am not the one that missed the appointment. As I said I am now on hold waiting to speak to someone again. The last two calls I was told that a supervisor would call me back, well that never happen! I suppose now I will be charged for a missed Supervisor call.

Just spoke to a customer service person (Satima) that told me that "The Customer is wrong and the Service tech is right" The tech said they were there and have pictures of the house and the customer was not home. I said, "So you have pictures of my house and the cars in the driveway..." Then it was... "Well the pictures aren't coming up on my monitor right now." But the tech said, "He was there and the notes are on the account so we can not credit the $60.00 charge." At that point I said, "Ok then. I need to speak to a supervisor." I was put on hold again. She came back and said that she was unable to transfer anyone to a supervisor and the supervisor could not do anything about the charge because the tech's notes said I wasn't home. I have concluded from that, that Suddenlink does not have any supervisors OR they are very over paid for doing NOTHING. To summarize: Poor Service. Worse Customer service!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I don't even know where to begin. The fact that I am taking the time to write a negative review should speak for itself. First, we signed up for Internet and phone. They came out 6 times before we finally got hooked up. But that was Internet only (the tech said there was no record of phone request). WiFi connection drops a lot (and then is restored automatically within minutes). Paying for 100mbs but speeds are 40-45mbs. Installation was supposed to be FREE, but $49 shows up on first bill.

Signed up for an on-line account to see bill, can't access it. Tried to sign up for autopay, website kept crashing. Website is very very slow (ironic). Navigation is awkward (links don't work, etc.) Login and PW for second user signed up, does not work. Better chance at winning the Lottery than getting a live person on the phone. Average wait time is over 30 mins. When I select the callback option, sometimes I get a call back, sometimes I don't. When I do, the call puts me on hold then disconnects (at least 3 separate times). Multiple occasions I was told someone would call me back. Never happened.

Recently, I finally selected new sales as the option, and I got a person. I asked to speak to a supervisor, then was on hold for 10 minutes of silence so I just hung up. (There is no Customer Service option, that should have been a clue. None of the other options apply, so the VRU just keeps bouncing me around or looping). Current wait time literally as I'm typing is 27 mins. Even on one of the days the install was supposed to happen, I got an automated call confirming. Tech never showed up. I called and surprisingly got a live human. He told me they don't do installs on Tuesdays. Lots of these issues would be tolerable. Mistakes happen. But the fact that it is nearly impossible to get someone on the phone is very troubling.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

After hurricane Laura we (Lake Charles residents) were told they would credit our accounts for Suddenlink not providing service.... My normal bill is 106.12 after taxes and fees so tell me why now I have a bill of 160.29. Then to speak to someone in bill is a joke. I have been told now 4 times this will be fixed.... still has not!!!!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Moved VoIP phone service several months back and kept Internet. Discovered they continued billing a phone number I don't recognize and never had, but they refuse to cancel it back to when I moved my actual phone numbers (much less to whenever it was added to my account, which I didn't even ask for). Will seek new Internet now as well with plans to cancel it from Suddenlink and informed argumentative rep of that, but she did NOT care and did NOT offer real assistance. Her rep ID: ** for their agent. Unfortunately we are very limited on fast internet options in our community and not a quick easy move for Internet, or I would have already moved it prior to submitting this rating.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

SuddenLink has the market cornered in our area. They are the only decent provider and they lack a lot. They charge whatever they want. If you told me 20 years ago that 3 TV’s, internet and phone service would cost almost $300.00 per month I would say that’s crazy! Well it seems the cable company is the new “New” Ma Bell!

Even Worse is their service. From outages to repairs. All are horrible. One time I went to their local office and asked them if the TV in their showroom worked every day... The sales lady responded by saying “yes”. I replied, “How much does that service cost? One that works every day!” No answer. When you call customer service, they make it as hard as possible to contact. You stay on hold for ridiculous amounts of time. Standard hold time is an hour plus. Has taken 3.5 hours.

Once the service ticket is logged, nothing happens. After rescheduling a few times a technician arrives and he has no idea why he is there. Most likely doesn’t have the equipment needed. A call goes to a supervisor that is apparently behind the smoke wall like the wizard of Oz because you can’t ever speak to them. A rescheduled repair is made and nobody comes out. We have been waiting for 3 months to get a new service pole installed and our cable buried. I can’t count the number of inquiries we have made.

I even called and left Dexter their CEO a voice mail. Not surprised, no return call. Seems to be top down behavior of no follow-up. Great job! I offered in my Voicemail to go fix his operations problems in Tyler. Somebody needs to. It is just a matter of time before our cable line is cut again. It lays across three yards and a new home construction site. We started trying to get this addressed before they started building.

What they do well at is price increases, late charges for late payment and service disconnects. We forgot to pay our bill last month in part due to the fact they didn’t email us a notice and haven't for a few months. Maybe if I post this - SuddenLink will get in touch with us and remedy our problem. Going to them direct doesn’t seem to work. Any advice is appreciated.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Suddenlink cable TV Has been down 3 weeks... Very hard to get anybody on the phone.. Make an appointment it's damn near impossible... However when I did manage to make an appointment they canceled it..

Suddenlink Company Information