1.19/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 16, 2018

114 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 16, 2018

Suddenlink came to our new neighbor to run lines in November 2017. They dug 2 Huge holes in our yard. They did not fix our yard back and a hole is beside our drive and you can see all the pipes. It continues to grow and I have call them numerous times about this. Each time they take my information but state since I’m not a customer they will have to email the proper department but someone will call me. It is now April and still nothing with my last call last week. New neighbors have a small boy and if he or anyone steps in the hole Suddenlink will be responsible. I have told them this and yet no one cares to call me back. No one in the neighborhood will use them now due to same issues.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My experience is much like the others I’ve read. I move the residence. I didn’t use their service for the last month and three weeks that I was charged for so I asked him to turn off my service way before the billing cycle but they didn’t actually turn it off until the day after the billing cycle just to charge me for an extra month. Even after I explain to them that it wasn’t because I was switching it was because I was moving and there was already service provided where I was moving so it was not possible for me to use them where I was going yet they still did this to me.

So I called my bank have them return the funds to my account because I refuse to pay for internet that I’m not using and they turned around and sent me to collections over it. This is a real issue needs to be addressed. We need to come together for a class action lawsuit. Businesses need to learn that it is the customer that keep them in business and you can’t go treating people like this.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 13, 2018

I have been a Suddenlink customer for years because this is the only high speed option in our area. The internet drops nearly every day- sometimes for a minute, other times for almost an hour. I work and go to school full-time so this has been a major problem. They said I would need to pay them to have a tech come look at my new modem. Other family and neighbors told me they were having the same problems. I am also getting charged overuse fees for going over my data limits (teenagers) so I switched to their unlimited plan for $10 more a month. It was supposed to include a free year of Netflix. I still have not received my Netflix voucher and though I did not think it was possible, the internet service has been dropping even more everyday! If you have a choice- DO NOT choose Suddenlink! Really- you should probably make sure you are not getting a service owned by Altice the company that recently bought Suddenlink.

Original review: April 13, 2018

They on multiple occasions admit that they have prices for different customers, different regions and for different racial groups. For instance I pay one price by parents who is on Social Security and live two houses down. It's a higher price for the same service from them without any remorse from their company and when asked about this they say there is nothing they can do to give them a price break because they signed up for service two days after idea and must then pay a higher price for the same service that they are now offering at a lower price to everyone else around us. This type of behavior must be investigated by local law-enforcement agencies.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am a long-standing client of Suddenlink and always pay my bills shortly after I receive them. This past month while on a 16 day trip to New Zealand (3/5 - 3/21) my bill came in the mail with a due date of 3/20. I paid the bill the night of my return which they received on 3/22. Just got my new bill with a $10 late payment charge. I politely called and explained that I was unable to pay until I returned and requested as a customer service to reverse the charge. After talking with a person in charge they told me that no one in that office has the authority to do that. (Really?) I could not find anywhere on their website to relay this so here I am looking for answers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: April 4, 2018

Took off a half day of work for an install between 2pm and 4pm. They never showed up, never called, when I called it was a call center in Houston that could not tell me even if they were coming at all or not... Terrible service on day 1! Unbelievable this is my only option for internet.

Original review: April 4, 2018

When I called inquiring about my bill for the third time, I was told three totally different thing about my account. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was on hold for about 15 mins or so. The supervisor gets on the phone and gets smart mouth with me and before I would say something I would regret I hung up on her. I will definitely be cancelling all of my services tomorrow morning. Switching to CenturyLink.

Original review: March 31, 2018

So... Called to change business account to residential. We're told our phone would be down for two days. Then we were told our phone would be down for three weeks. We were told we could port our old number, then we were told we had to have a new number. We were told we could keep our current modems, then we were told we would have to swap the phone modem for a residential type. OK, all that said (by different people on different calls mind you), they scheduled a tech to come to my house yesterday (3-29-18) to swap out the modem. We would not have phone until then.

OK. So I stayed home for the morning to meet the tech (8 to noon). Well, eight to noon came and went. No tech, no call, nothing. They simply just left me hanging. Now, my time is just as important and worth just as much as theirs. This is totally unacceptable. Mysteriously, our phone is working now. This is one jacked up company. I've been a subscriber for over 10 years and every single time we've had to call technical support it went from bad to worse. No exaggerations!! What really sucks is that they're the only broadband available where I live. Otherwise I would have dropped them like a bad habit years ago. Terrible, terrible. You've been warned.

Original review: March 26, 2018

First of all, we called this company to inquire about their internet, but did not set up an appointment so we were surprised when a technician showed up saying he had an appointment to install our internet and we had to pay $100 before installation. We had been told that the monthly internet would be around $75 but our bill came at the end of the month for $125. When we called to find out why, it turned out that they had installed a phone line which did not know about or want and they would not remove it and stop charging us for it. We decided to cancel the service and returned the modem, but the next month another bill came, so we called and confirmed that we had canceled and just didn't pay it. On top of it all, the internet was decently slow.

Original review: March 26, 2018

Suddenlink is the WORST internet provider ever! They NEVER repair the problem, just give lip service. If you have ANY other choice, choose someone other than Suddenlink. They have MANY interruptions and are NO help at all in correcting the situation. I guess they are short of money...

Original review: March 21, 2018

I have called and spoke with different agents over and over again. I have asked to speak with supervisors and gotten the same response... THEY WON'T FIX THE PROBLEM! I called a couple years ago to change my due date, because they kept rolling it back until it was before I got my check and they started charging me a late fee. They are aware I'm a disabled and am on a fixed income. I finally got the due date set AGAIN for after I get my check. They added a partial month's fee on my next bill. This new due date only lasted for 9 months then they suddenly rolled back my due date again. I called them over and over for months and they would not fix it. Finally, I told them I wasn't paying the late fee anymore. They could bill me all they wanted, but I wasn't paying! On top of all that, my wifi is so slow I want to pull my hair out. I pay for 30mgs of high-speed Internet.

I have no problem when at my computer, but when I use any peripherals, i.e. phone, iPad, etc. it's slower than molasses in the winter time! I called them about it several times, and they always send me to the computer for a speed check. No matter how many times I explain that it won't let me stream to my peripherals half of the time, they act like they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. They just recently added ten more dollars to my already extremely high bill. And with half-ass service! What a crook! If they didn't have a monopoly on the market where I live, I would tell them to kiss my ** and never ever use them again! I could go on and on about Suddenlink service and billing, but what will it help? I wish there was some government organization I could talk to about them. As soon as Frontier comes into my area with high-speed internet... Suddenlink is down the river for me and everyone I know!

Original review: March 21, 2018

When I signed up for service, there was an offer for a $200 Gift Card with a select level of service. I was not originally going to sign up for the higher service level to receive the gift card but instead a lower level of service that was more affordable. When speaking to an agent on the phone, she told me that if I were to sign up for the higher level of service and keep it for 3 months, I would qualify for the gift card and then I could drop my service to a lower level at any time.

Nine months later it is time to cancel service because I am moving out of their coverage area. Still no gift card. Called and they said they knew nothing about it and that the agent never put any notation on the account. So now I've paid about $300-400 more than I had originally planned and never received the gift card. Also even if you cancel a day or two into the service cycle you get charged for the entire month. Would not recommend their service to anyone. The agent I spoke with never even did anything to try and remedy the situation.

Original review: March 18, 2018

At the end of January 2018 my wife and I being seniors with our only source of income being social security needed to reduce our bills so we went to the Suddenlink location in Huntsville Texas. We spoke to a young man and explained that we needed to cancel our service with Suddenlink. He offered to help and did the following: asked if we could pay $35 today and said our February bill would be $39.82 after taxes. To do this we would have to reduce our internet speed from 200mb to 100mb and everything else would remain the same. We agreed to do that.

Our February bill was $108 and I went back to talk with him and find out why and by the time I did our service had been cut off. He was out to lunch and spoke with the other two ladies who didn’t know what to do. I told that our WiFi was a service they cannot cut off because we already pay for basic cable and WiFi through our monthly rent. They said the only way they could turn the service back on was if I agreed to pay the bill. I agreed to pay the bill if it was $39.82. They also told me they would have the young man call me back when he returned from lunch. He never did. Yesterday they turned off our WiFi Service and most of our networks and channels.

Original review: March 14, 2018

Are there any supervisors or managers that work for this company. When trying to speak with supervisor very rude customer service. You can never get a straight answer and sideways given the runaround.

Original review: March 10, 2018

Please feel free to contact me! WORST INTERNET COMPANY EVER!! Get ready for a story ya'll... I cancelled my internet for SUNDAY... came home today to work on some reports and watch Hulu instead of staging at work all night. My internet had been shut off. I call several automated numbers including 1800-972-5757, 1877-694-9474, 1877-794-2724, and 1844-790-7475... I decide to try the online chat system. It puts me through go 'Christian'. I tell him what happened and explain it NEEDS to be turned back on so I can send my reports.

I don't exactly live close to work. He gives me the number 1888-822-5151 and tells me to call. I asked him if it would work or if I'd just be hung up on by another automated voice. He said no it's open until 8. I explain to him it's 8:27 and he said it's not in Texas and this one was open. So I call and guess what? Same thing happens. I tell him they hung up and I needed him to tell me. I had to send these reports and can't do it from my phone. He apologized for the inconvenience and says to call at 8 am. I explain 8 am isn't soon enough. I need to send this now. He says they are the only ones who can fix it so I ask him to call them. He says "his department just doesn't do that". So I simply ask him if they pay him to sit on his ass and he ended the chat. Kept all screenshots. Get ready Christian.

Original review: March 3, 2018

For some time I have had a problem reaching human tech support... Not every problem can be solved by an automated reset of a modem so with a WiFi problem yesterday, I went thru the song and dance of canned answers and after about 15 minutes finally got to converse with a tech who, to his credit, did solve my problem and when he asked if I had any other questions, when replying in the affirmative, he told me he was having computer problems himself and would call me back. 24 hours later, I am still awaiting that callback. Like so many others on this site, if there was an alternative, I would cancel Suddenlink in a heartbeat. What exactly am I paying for?

Original review: March 2, 2018

I paid my final bill and canceled service in January 2018. After being told I would not receive another bill I was emailed two. One in February for my monthly service and one today (3-2-18) for the modem. I was given the option of renting the modem for $10 a month or purchasing for a one time fee of $50 back in May 2016 so I bought it. It’s mine. I own it. After calling customer service the issue was resolved. Suddenlink is the WORST company I have ever done business with and I do not recommend them to anyone. I’m sorry if Suddenlink is the only option you have for internet services. I believe they are a money hungry company that tries to cheat their customers.

Updated on 04/04/2018: I got another email on the first saying I owe them for my modem. I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor told me that person I spoke with last month did not do her job correctly. She sent an email to corporate but never submitted the paperwork. He assured me he submitted the form and asked for my contact info in case they needed to contact me. I received two phone calls from Deirdre, one at 8:20p and one at 8:59p. I did not answer because I was working. Deirdre told me in the voicemail she left that I paid $50 to use my own modem. That is false. I was told I could use my own modem for free or rent one ($10/m) or buy ($50 one time) one. When the tech came to my house he said mine wouldn’t work so I purchased a modem for $50.

Deirdre went on to say in her voicemail that I should’ve been charged $10 a month to use the Suddenlink modem and since I had service for almost 2 years it would be almost $200 or I could return the equipment and the $50 unreturned equipment fee would go away. I called this morning and first the automated system pulled an account that belongs to somebody named Cody. I don’t know anyone named Cody. When I was finally able to speak with a representative she said “hmm that’s strange. Your number isn’t even on this account”. So your automated system is trash right along with your customer service department and service? That’s good to know. She transferred me to a supervisor Danny from Tyler Texas who “looked” into the matter and regurgitated what was left in the notes field to me after explaining further he actually looked into.

Danny from Tyler Texas said I paid for a modem and the tech never gave me the modem I paid for and since I had Suddenlink a modem they wanted it back. That’s what the charges were for. So Danny from Tyler Texas said he issued a $50 refund to me and if I returned to modem to Suddenlink I would get my money back and the $75 write off fee would go away. This was the first I had heard of any $75 fee but I didn’t want ask questions. Beware of this company. I still 100% do not recommend this provider for anything.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

It took several calls before someone would answer specific questions about pricing. I have had services since 2013 and customer service is more often terrible than not. You must disconnect services and turn in devices before the end of a billing cycle. All my equipment has been returned but I will owe a month of services I cannot use because... Today is 3 days into the new month. I was not told this prior. I was notified once equipment had been turned in that I would be charged another month anyway. They refuse to prorate services. I was quoted a new payment yesterday by CSR but today she said it would not be that amount.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

We turn all equipment in and had told them to turn off cable because the electric and our campsite was closing for winter. They are trying to get money. For a month we had no power or equipment on site to use their lousy service because they say they do not prorate service and because we turned the equipment in on the 1st. We will not pay this bill. My husband and I are both retired and he is disabled and we are caring for a 38yr old handicapped son. We do not need the harassment of Suddenlink's collection company trying to get paid for a service we did not receive. We would like to find out if they are getting others to pay for a extra month or two after the service is cut off or maybe others are not looking at their final payments and pay for something they should not.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

This is absolutely the worst service provider I've ever experienced. As a business owner it is unimaginable to me how this company remains in business. In one week alone, I've experienced more "downtime" utilizing this company and the service it cannot provide. I've had technicians in my home with standard "canned" answers, spoken with representatives who cannot read account notes, and spend more time 'resetting' a modem that cannot produce more than 25 bps in one hour.

It is impossible to maintain my online retail stores, nor manage my additional company via Suddenlink's poor service or enjoy downtime via my Smart TV. It is a complete embarrassment when guests and I attempt to view Hulu, Netflix, etc. I had considered additional service with this company, but this investment would be a complete waste of monetary resources. This company is an absolute poor choice for business or personal use. I do not recommend service with Suddenlink.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had to put one star because it didn't give me the option for none!!! I recently moved to a new home and I had called customer service to have my service transferred. I asked the customer service agent how much it would cost me to transfer service and she stated that it would not cost me anything to transfer only if I needed extra outlets and she informed that it would be $25 per outlet so I agreed. When the technician came out (independent contractor who can charge what he wants apparently) told me that it would be $25 per outlet but I would get one free so I agreed to add two.

When I got my bill I received a bill for $254.02 which I thought was the total for the extra outlet for cable and outlet for phone service plus my monthly bill. Then I got another bill after I paid half of what was owed, for $304 with a past due amount of $100. I called customer service to dispute this and they told me that the technician charged me $50 per outlet and $30 for the phone outlet and that the technician stated that I was in agreement. First of all, I did not agree to that amount because if I would've agreed I would've gotten only one extra outlet and the phone service.

They then told me that there was nothing they could do because the technician is the one that makes the charges. I have been with Suddenlink now for 6 years and am very disappointed with their service and customer service agents. People should be very aware of what they are getting into with the company. This is not the first time I've had to dispute something being charged to me. To top off this matter, when I had services transferred, I was assured that my home phone number would not change, but I found out that it was not true. I made a call to my husband and he asked me where I was calling from and I told him "from home" and said that the number was different. No one informed me of this. I am glad I didn't have an emergency. I really hate this company.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I had signed up for internet service plan. It was 67 every month but they had kept sending a message saying we were about to go over. So then I moved it to higher plan of 76 per month. For the last 6 months or so I have been charged 98 dollars not the 76 dollars, then when I do call to make a payment it always says that I am being charged for acct printing pass due for a extra 10 dollars. Well I called to make my payment yesterday and paid the higher amount once again, then said that my account for next bill is 101 and some change.

I called them today to ask them what is going on. They just come back and tell me it's now the extra 20 something dollars I have been paying is for unlimited data services and then it hit me. I kept getting calls from a guy from Suddenlink asking me if I wanted to move my service up to unlimited internet. I told him I was not interested and please stop calling cause he harassed me every day for like 2 weeks and now that's what I guess they took upon themselves to do. I need help. This is like when Blockbuster charged late fees and had to pay a lawsuit class action. Well that is what I am going to do, I am filing in small claims to start with but would love to find a attorney who would help with this. They take it upon themselves and charge you what they want and where I live I am limited to what services there are and these guys are taking advantage of us.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Suddenlink cut off our business phones because SUPPOSEDLY we had not paid. It has been on autopay for many years and payment was charged to my Visa by them yesterday - the day it was due. Visa confirmed they got payment yesterday, but today our phones didn't work. Took me over an hour to get phones turned on after they admitted fault. DONE WITH SUDDENLINK! Looking for alternatives for phones, internet and cable.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

There is nothing good or positive that can be said from me about my experiences with Suddenlink. They consistently lie when it comes to the prices. They promise you one rate for a year then the very next bill you get is more. Called customer service in November and was locked into a price of $99 for a year. Well I got my December bill and it was 4 bucks more than it was supposed to be. Called customer service and explained about my rate I was promised and she was very rude to me and just said everyone's bills went up and nothing could be done. I asked what the increase was for in which her response was "um, I'm not sure but everyone got it and not just you". Well I just leave it at that and then get my bill for January and it was 5 bucks more. Called customer service and again got a very rude person who gave me the same line of bull crap.

She said "Well everyone gets a raise in prices in January" so I leave it at that and pay the bill again then I get my February bill and was shocked when it's now over $116 bucks. I don't even bother calling the piss poor customer service for the same line of crap that I know I'd get if I called. There are clearly unexplained hidden fees that they refuse to explain. I even suggested to them in the past about buying my own equipment and asked if the bill would go down. She said yes so I asked by how much? She said "um I'm not sure". I didn't say it to her but I thought "what kind of customer service is this where the billing department can't answer questions like that?" Isn't that their job? This company is such a joke but unfortunately they are the only choice in Marietta Ohio.

CAS Cable should be up in operation in Marietta by the end of this year and you better believe I'm going to be giving the boot to Suddenlink when they do. I have never dealt with a bigger bunch of incompetent morons like I have with Suddenlink. This company is founded on greed and they will do everything they can to line their pockets with people's money. I am on a fixed income and can't afford this but what choice do I have. My advice to you all is AVOID SUDDENLINK! They'll take advantage of you in every way imaginable!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

In the past several months, Channel 47 on the FOUR digital-to-analog boxes in our house have simultaneously stopped working for that channel ONLY; all the other channels work fine. The new Altice tech support goes thru a script to fix the problem for no avail and then insists on sending out a technician to fix the problem which they think is in all the four boxes. After the first trouble call, the issue was fixed within a day, long before the techie showed up. Problem occurred again. Same routine, boot the box, scan for channels and the problem still exists. Tech support insists on scheduling another techie for 2 weeks later. The problem gets resolved within a few days before the techie arrives and they don't cancel the service call. The good news is the problem was fixed.

Altice, the new owner of Suddenlink, decimated the very good customer/tech service in Parkersburg and it shows. They should consider analyzing these issues and do a work process analysis to get to the root of the problems, cut their costs, and improve customer service. As is, the tech support in Texas (like that state) just follows a script and then sends out a contract support person when the problem is in their system and can be easily fixed. And to add insult to injury, Altice throws an extra few $ onto my bill each month. We need something better.

Updated on 2/16/2018: As previously reported on Feb 9 as "Ron in Charleston, WV" a Suddenlink subcontractor came to my house Feb 8 to correct an issue reported on January 28. Channel 47 HLN was missing from all 4 digital to analog converter boxes but had been corrected more than a week earlier BEFORE the sub-contractor came to the house. The contractor using the name "Younes" insisted the problem was bad connections and wanted to come in the house and check my connections which I objected to. After much discussion centered about 1) the problem was already corrected and 2) connections just don't fail and mysteriously get corrected twice, I reluctantly agreed to let Younes check my connections. Immediately, he said I have about 10 bad connections at my distribution block in an environmentally controlled closet.

I disagreed as all my channels on all TVs were working just fine. Younes went out to the street and supposedly replaced an RG6 TNC connector on the Suddenlink service line and tells me it was bad. Returning to the house Younes says he would like to change some connections in the house. I advised Younes, that everything in the house is working fine and has been for several weeks and I don't want to pay any service changes for fixing nothing. He indicated that I will not be charged anything if he changes out some connections as he will report the service call as a Suddenlink problem at the street which was not true as the problem was corrected about Feb 1.

To keep Younes happy, I let him change out the single connection at the end of the Suddenlink service line from the street in my closet. Younes also indicated that I could call ** if the problem of Channel 47 appears again. When I questioned as to why I should call what appeared to be a private number and have him fix a problem that appears to be in the Suddenlink system and have to pay him for call to the house, he indicated there will be no charge. He indicated I did not have to call him unless I wanted to. Why would I? I told him I was not going to pay any service fee for this call as he did not fix anything. He assured me there would be none.

Fast forward. On Feb 14 my wife received a $65 Suddenlink bill for Younes' service call. After much discussion with Suddenlink Billing Dept. they indicated that because I let Younes replace that one TNC fitting on the end of the Suddenlink service line into my closet (that Younes insisted would not cost anything), it was my word against his. Younes knows what was said between us and he is not telling the truth. Motivated by distrust of Suddenlink and my upset wife, contacted DirecTV and set up an account. With their 3 month $10 per month promotional, my bill will be dropping about $70 per month for 3 months and $40 per month after that.

Recommendation: DO NOT LET A SUDDENLINK TECHNICIAN INTO YOUR HOUSE UNLESS YOU RECORD THE VISIT ON A SMARTPHONE, or have witnesses to the conversation, or document and have the technician sign the documentation. I'm not saying that Suddenlink is fraudulent, I'm saying some technicians may not be honest and there seems to be a tendency to condemn all the wiring in the house if you do not have the $7 per month wiring program from Suddenlink. This is not the first incident I have heard of condemning wiring in houses to promote that wire protection program.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

We had service with them over 10 years ago. Our daughter moved back in with us and we did not have service. She called Suddenlink and got service in her name. When she moved out, apparently the service was not disconnected although she called (while here!!) and told them quite clearly to shut off the service. Suddenlink to this day says there is a bill of over $200 in her name for our address and unless we pay that bill, we can't get service with them. We were told it's their policy. So, pay or wait a couple more years to have them drop it off of their books as uncollectible. Service when we did have it in our name was horrible. Any time it rained, we had no TV or internet.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I have been a subscriber to Suddenlink for a number of years. During this time I have had a series of price increases despite the fact that the service has continued to decline. Today I am paying for 50 Mbps and when I check the speed, it is typically 30 Mbps and sometimes as low as 5 Mbps. When I call Suddenlink to report the issue the tech service is so poor and un-informed. Suddenlink often suggests sending a technician to my home to investigate, so far they never find a problem. I believe that Suddenlink is fraudulently charging me for a service they choose not to provide. I have filed a complaint with the FCC but this is also a waste of time. Next step is to write to the Head of the FCC and CEO of Suddenlink. If there would be an alternative to Suddenlink, I would jump.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

Had an appointment to upgrade our net and go back to cable. A technician called on day of appointment, it was really bad road conditions so I agreed to reschedule for next day. Waited on him next day and no call or show. I called customer service and they made me wait another week before sending another tech out. That tech shows up for a disconnect, told him we were upgrading. He wouldn't hook us up because he was too lazy to look for the ground rod directly under the porch. Had a electrician come and get thing up to participate for him. Rescheduled for today, the POS tech calls my phone while I was out of service, left a message saying he was ahead of schedule but didn't leave a number to contact him, he never showed up. Also the Internet is a joke, you only get 1/4 the speed you pay for.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My internet speed is sub par-paying for internet 400-I get speeds ranging from 174mbps to 220mbps. Called support. Support person hinted at the modem. Scheduled a service call on my day off. Contractor showed up, checked signal from modem. Contractor said it was the modem, but didn't have one on his truck. Called in and scheduled me for a modem swap next day in the all day time frame. Next day came-no tech. Called at 5:30 PM to find out where tech is. CSR told me no service call was scheduled, though notes referring to next day service call to be input. Booked a call for my next day off. Suddenlink tech shows up, looks over the modem, says my modem is a DOCSIS 2.0, and I would need to go down to the Suddenlink office to get a new modem, as they are not allowed to carry modems on their trucks anymore (plus his rant about the new owners, Altis).

Went to Suddenlink's office on my next day off with my old modem and exchanged it. Installed it, did speed tests in hardwired behind modem and hardwired behind router. Behind modem 174mbps to 224mbps. Behind router: 151mbps to 212mbps. Not even within 80% of advertised hardwired straight to modem.

Called Suddenlink and arranged a service call for my next day off in the 10-12 time frame. That day rolls around. Got the automated call from Suddenlink around 10:05 AM that tech was on his way. My little yappy dog that barks at any noise (he barks at UPS/Fed Ex trucks stopping two doors away). I am on my computer, waiting. 12:05 rolls around, no tech. I call support. CSR tells me tech was at my house at 10:00, knocked, no answer. I informed her he never showed, my dog would have started his barking frenzy on the first knock if he had been here and had knocked. She sent an e-mail to escalations and apologized.

Waited another two and a half hours. Got a call from escalations stating I needed to reschedule, and they could do it tomorrow. I was livid. Booked it for my next available day off, then hung up. Had enough, called Suddenlink back and requested a supervisor. Supervisor was very apologetic, said the matter with the tech would be straightened out, but I would still have to wait another twenty-four hours before a tech might show up at my door. I was livid. Told him I hoped the tech actually shows up at my door next week. Their customer service is atrocious.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

They have terrible customer service!!! High prices and crap service. I was charged $622 for not returning equipment when I moved. The service guy who came to do the install at my new house refused to take the equipment with him. He said it was outdated. I called them to pick up the equipment and to removed to charge from my bill. They told me I had to drop it off at a Suddenlink store. The closest store to me is in WV. I live in northeast Ohio. It’s a 4 hr drive. I told her gag wasn’t doable so she told me that my only options were to pay for a service call to have the same guy come back out and pick up the equipment after he refused to take it in the first place or I have to pay to have it shipped to them.

So Either way I Have to pay to have either equipment returned. They shut my services off due to me having a $622 bill. When I paid to have my service restored they charged me a fee for having my service turned off!!! And when the guy did our new install he left a mess from drilling the wall and Didn’t cap the holes. I can see daylight coming in around the cable wire and cold winter air in blowing in!!! We were also being charged for a DVR that we didn’t have. We don’t have a DVR box. They don’t care about their customers or their ratings! I guess it’s crazy to expect good services these days.

Suddenlink Company Information