1.51/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 3, 2017

64 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I have always paid my Suddenlink bill automatically each month from my bank account. Suddenlink has begun arbitrarily increasing rates, failing to provide notification, then tacking late fees on to the account. This has happened three times in less than a year. This time the "customer service" supervisor was happy to invite me to leave Suddenlink over the latest $20 addition of late fees to my account. That was while I was still being polite and professional. I admittedly provided her a loud and uncouth response to her offer after that. One service person informed me the notices were in the fine print at the bottom of the e-statements, but not on mine. The supervisor indicated that it is not their duty to inform me of fee increases, I am required to look it up each month. Be ready to pay those fees.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Suddenlink is horrid: cable, internet, everything. First, they acquired coop deals to monopolize areas. This ensures they can charge ridiculous prices, offer substandard customer service, and provide lower quality services without question. Second, Suddenlink is extremely money hungry. I made the mistake of mailing a check on a Friday when it was due. I was charged a $10 late fee because they claimed they didn't get the check till a week later. I might believe the mail took that long since I don't get Saturday mail service, but they assume the right to charge a late fee based on when THEY cash your check.

If they wanted to, they could sit on your cheque every month for an extra $10. So I asked for my due date to be moved to a more reasonable day and they wanted to charge me per day it was moved. They wouldn't even tell me how much but after arguing thru provided an "estimate" of $2.70 per day. I ended up paying over $100 that month for their lowest tier Internet service.

Finally, their services are terrible. The Internet is more like intermittent. If you pay for 50 Mbps, expect an average of 5 when the service is actually working. You might get 50 in short bursts during low use times in favorable areas when the moon is 40 degrees above the horizon. And you will be paying what others pay for 100 Mbps consistently. The lesson here: find any other alternative. I can't believe this company hasn't been sued. They definitely deserve it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Suddenlink is awful! I dropped my cable since there was nothing on and I was paying over $150 a month for both cable and internet and there was never anything worth watching. After I dropped the cable my internet started acting up and was very slow loading. I ran the speed test and even though I am paying for 100 Mbps the test only came back at 38 Mbps so I called Suddenlink to inquire. After 15 minutes of trying to get past the automated system to speak to someone since it hung up on me twice and then kept giving me the run-a-round before it asked if I wanted to speak to an agent. I was told that they had no idea why it would do that and they would a technician the next day. Well the technician showed up a week later and said that it was running correctly so there was nothing he could do either and didn't know why it was dropping from 100 Mbps to 38 Mbps and left without doing anything.

I received a bill for $54 for the 15 minute service call though on my next bill. I called billing to complain since I was never told by anyone that I would have to pay a service charge and I have never had to pay one in the past and was told they would remove it but had to get approval from a supervisor, who was in a meeting, and would call me back in an hour. After waiting 2 hours with no callback I called again only to be told that supervisors do not call back until after 3:00 pm (it was 2:40 pm at this time) and to wait and if they didn't call back after 3:00 to call back. At 3:30 I once again called back to complain and was told by the woman I spoke to on the first call that there was nothing she could do, as she said she explained to me earlier. WHAT???

I asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor (or I assume he was but could have been another billing rep for all I know) said I had to pay it since they made a service call even though they couldn't do anything to fix the issue. I asked to speak to his supervisor and was told that was in corporate and he gave me two phone numbers (which he had to ask the billing agent what the numbers were, which I thought was strange for a supervisor). I tried calling both of the phone numbers and neither one were working numbers.

So, I called back again and tried to go through technical support this time to solve the issue. I was told that since the technician made the call but it was not Suddenlink's fault they could not correct the issue I had to pay for the service call. I told her I wanted to speak to corporate but the numbers didn't work. She told me that the one number was an incorrect number and the other one was a fax number. I called the number she gave me and after 5 tries of receiving a recording saying the operator is not available. I gave up. I am trying to find a new internet service so I can drop Suddenlink completely and never deal with their dishonestly and lies again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Suddenlink is the ABSOLUTE worse internet company. At Falcon Pointe we cannot get Spectrum in this area so we are stuck with Suddenlink. I'm paying for 100 mbps of data monthly and I'm getting 10 mbps. The service is SO bad and I'm paying $50 per month for this crap! I get bumped off daily constantly... The service is so bad, there is actually a FP Forum about Suddenlink. Get it together SL... you totally SUCK.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Suddenlink is terrible. They just want more and more and more money. I have a $70 internet package and that’s just internet. So I called to ADD. Notice I said ADD not UPGRADE cable. Technician comes out and never installs anything in terms of running wire in walls or anything like that. He walked to one side of my living room and put a big black cable that ran behind my recliner on around my couch and then in front my living room windows and behind my fish tank to my TV on the other side of the living room... Very visible cable and then he left. So that night I turned on the TV and sat down to watch it and the cable was blurry and it kept cutting out.

So the very next day I took the cable and the cable box back to Suddenlink and canceled the service. The lady assured me there would be no charges of any kind because of the lousy service the tech did and the fact the cable didn’t work. So I get my bill and it’s for $101.00 and some change. I paid my usual $70 for my internet. There was still a remaining charge on the account for $30. I called them about it twice and both times the lady assured me that there were not going to be any charges and that it would fall off the bill. That was last month. So this month I pay my usual $70 and see that now there is a $40 charge on there... They call this an UPGRADE fee for cable plus my late fee for not paying the UPGRADE fee even though there was no upgrade. It was an add-on.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I am beyond unhappy with Suddenlink and have now for some time. A couple of years back I signed up for EZPay and never thought once to have to double, no triple check that everything was working. Next thing I knew, they cut off my internet without warning and told me I had to pay $350 right off the bat to get any internet back. Then, they decided to up my monthly bill by $60 without warning. I really really really dislike Suddenlink. And when my husband called customer support, they did nothing to help us and were very unfriendly. Horrible, horrible company. I am canceling as of today.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I had to go work from home, no choice. 3 different calls and 4 chats - I was given 4 DIFFERENT prices! My bill went from $170.18 to $276.86! Due to my line of work, I have to have reliable service AND fast pings, package sending, and the upload/download ratio had to be consistent. Guess what? My part of town in Abilene, only Suddenlink fit the bill. Because I’m an existing customer, I get no “deals”. I am now forced to cut cable due to their price gouging! They know we can’t go anywhere else! Altice bought out Suddenlink in 2015, and we’re paying the price: I found the following, **: “Keep prices U.S. high and expenses European low. That’s the plan that Altice has for Suddenlink and Cablevision...” Even cutting cable won’t save much. The real issue is the monopoly and the consumers need to be represented.

Internet is now a utility like water and electricity! Most jobs want you to apply online, most resources are online, and many companies are switching to providing a majority of their services - online. Please bring attention to the loopholes in their pricing practices! How can they justify charging me more, when no additional lines were installed? I bought my own modem & router! I’m paying for the “privilege” of them providing an extra IP address!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The wifi service is terrible. I moved into a new house Monday October 1st, service started on Tuesday the 3rd. A few days after installation... The wifi connection goes in and out on my cell phone. I know my cell phone isn't the problem because the WiFi connection does the same with my laptop. What really upsets me is, I'm right next to the modem and in the same room. The only way the Internet connection works is if I am hard wired to the modem which is the only good thing, considering I work from home. I have been unable to contact Suddenlink because I have been so busy. Ever since installation I have had problems with this WiFi. To reiterate, I am in the same room, next to the modem and the connection goes in and out CONSTANTLY. If this isn't fixed I will have to find service elsewhere. I will be calling hopefully first thing in the morning. Also... I never received an email with order verification information.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was a customer of Suddenlink for 17 years and switched to AT&T because the rates were outrageous from Suddenlink. When AT&T kept raising their rates I moved back to Suddenlink about 8 months ago. Initially they were sending statements to an email address that was not mine and charged late fees. I switched to paper billing but the e-statements kept coming. More late fees. I finally went to the local office and was successful in enrolling in paper billing. Now they charge me $1.00 a month for the privilege of getting a paper statement so I can pay their invoice.

I had not received a paper statement so I sent a payment in on 9/29 which was several days before I normally receive a statement from them. On 10/10 I called customer service stating the check had not cleared. She was very understanding and helpful. I paid online with a credit card and was told if the check clears call them and they would remove the late fee. The check cleared on 10/11 so I called customer service. They were going to issue a credit $10 less than my card was charged which I did not allow. I explained I was told when the check cleared they would refund the $10 late fee. Today I was told that was not possible. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will not continue with them. I will make arrangements with another provider as soon as possible.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They responded quickly when I first signed up, and waited for my question to give the answer needed and provided information that might need regarding my questions and did not try to overload with product or package deals that did not apply to what I was asking for.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Suddenlink takes top prize for the WORST customer DISservice we’ve ever encountered. Nearly impossible to talk to a human, and when you do, after long, long waits, about half don’t speak English understandably. Their main job is to get rid of you. Rates rise more than once per year. They drop channels without warning and without replacements or compensation. The channels that are there frequently blank out with onscreen error message. Two missing channels have had the message, "programming will resume soon, please wait" for 3 months now.

Disservice agents are mostly rude, unhelpful and will even hang up on you. Either that or transfer you to another department. One told me, "we’re working on your problem". I asked what the problem was, she said, "I don’t know, there’s no outage reported." Local office phone numbers are unlisted or if you call you are relayed to a call center that could be hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Effective immediately I’m shopping around for a different provider. Enough of this horrible company that does not care about customers!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have phone, internet, and TV with Suddenlink and they keep raising cost. I have no complaints on phone or internet but on TV cable it's a different story! The company shifts to all HD TV and now requires cable boxes on every TV. Don't sound too bad, huh? BUT they charge you 3.00 per box and in my case that is four sets. The min set box is no charge. Stinks if you ask me.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I don't have the time to express how horrible Suddenlink's so-called customer service is. We lose service at least a dozen times every year. Since we are all in with Suddenlink, this is a great issue. No TV, no internet, no phone... nothing. A call to Suddenlink is a total waste of time. Reset this, reset that, "outage in your area and we are working on it." It takes talking to a computer for 5 minutes before you get put on hold and you may get a human being within 10 or 15 minutes. While waiting, remember, no TV, no internet, no phone as you are having to call on your cell phone. We tried our local office in Winnfield, LA, but it is just as useless. Over the last month, we have gone to our local office 6 times to check status of service, installation, etc. The blonde lady working the counter told us each time she would check for us and give us a call. To date, she has never called our home to give us status on anything.

Please understand this is a 10,000 foot comment on how useless this office is but you should get the picture. I managed people for 41 years and I can spot a person making time and not making a contribution within seconds of talking to them... their response, actions, and body language. With all this, I had a weak moment and added Suddenlink Security. Go figure! It took 2 weeks to get the installation because the local office in Winnfield did not do their job. My wife called Suddenlink customer service who actually handled the scheduling of the installation. We got our installation as scheduled on a Wednesday. The technician showed up without a battery for the base unit. No problem unless we lose power at which case it will be a total reprogram of our entire system. You would think there would be urgency on the part of the technician to return the next day with the battery but he said he would come back the following week!

Within 24 hours we had 2 sensors that were not reading. We again called corporate customer service knowing we would get no action locally. Their response was that they would send out a technician the following week! My wife went wild at this point. Why did we get a security system if it has already malfunctioned and Suddenlink will check it out the following week! My wife demanded action or they could get the equipment and we would change our service to Dish or DirecTV. The CS agent then said a technician would come Saturday... a day and a half later but we agreed. They were to arrive between noon and 2 pm Saturday. We cancelled a trip and stayed home for this appointment.

At noon on Saturday, we checked the online CS line and was told they moved the appointment to 2 pm to 5 pm that day. At 5 pm, my wife endured talking to the computer and finally got a human after 10 minutes. This clown was so disrespectful and rude to my wife but she handled him. He said the appointment was for Monday but we were told repeatedly it was Saturday. This goon needs to be fired as they at least need courteous people manning their total lack of customer service "Customer Service" phone service. I could go on and on with greater details of total lack of service but you should be able to get the picture. Evaluate your choices and choose wisely. We certainly did not!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We have been a Suddenlink customer for 16 years. Most of the years the service has been sub-par, but we live in a small town with few alternatives so we've had to put up with it. Earlier this year, the internet speed was greatly increased (from under 3mbps to 13mbps @ $68.50 per month- don't laugh, it was blazing fast for us!) and all was great for about 2 months. And then things became worse than ever. We were constantly losing service, but for such brief periods that by the time we got technical support on the line, service would be back and they couldn't locate the problem. Phone support would always indicate that they were completely unaware of any problems around us and that we were the only ones.

We finally requested that a technician come out. His equipment confirmed that that day alone we had lost service 17 times. He also said that there was a neighborhood problem that they were neither able to identify nor fix. (After talking to friends and looking at online reviews, the problem is not just the neighborhood - it's the whole area.). Then recently our phone company offered high-speed DSL. I switched everything over to them and called to disconnect with Suddenlink. They wasted no time getting that in motion but because they are a "prepay company", they will not refund me for the 2 weeks or so left on my service month. Oddly enough, that $35 ticks me off more than anything else.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been a customer with Suddenlink off and on for about 15 years. Their service is pretty reliable. They offer everything in one place cable, Wi-Fi, and phone which is really convenient because of one bill. But they are kind of pricey and this is because they're the only cable provider for people who live in an apartment or rent a house from can have because any dish company or Wi-Fi provider has to tap into their lines to be accessible and also requires some digging up and running lines underground to do that. So said apartment and house renters would have to have permission to do this and the answer is always no. Even if you have your own property you're still connected to the Suddenlink lines if you get dish cable or Wi-Fi because Suddenlink has a monopoly on the lines available to consumers in this area.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Suddenlink cares nothing about customers, only sucking as much money out of them as possible. First, they have the gall to CHARGE to mail a monthly bill -- even though they toss unwanted advertisements in with the bill FOR WHICH THEY ARE PAID TO INCLUDE. Then, the service is pretty horrible. Almost every day there's an issue: cable picture, sound, etc. In fact on 9/21 the entire system was down for over seven hours. No phone, no cable, no internet, no nothing. And of course NO bill adjustment. Yesterday and today the sound is crackling away, fading in and out, so nothing is understood, like the satellite they use was made in Sri Lanka (which wouldn't surprise me). They say they'll send a technician out with the ominous warning that if the problem is not their fault, I'll be charged out the wazoo.

Their office workers are patronizing, rude, unhelpful, and totally uncaring. But then I probably would be, too, working for a company as bad as this one. I pay over $165 a month for lousy product and service. Lest you think it's only the cable, oh no. The internet goes out at least once a week. The phone will not work if the power goes out, even though they tell you when you sign up there's battery back up. I actually had to buy a cellphone just because of this wonderful Suddenlink phone service. The problem is they have a modified monopoly where I live. Switching means giving up some of the few channels I do watch. I enjoy them when I can watch with no problems (rare, indeed). I've seen Suddenlink's insulting responses to the reviews on the BBB site. They are programmed and spit out to look like they care a smidgeon, but since all the responses are the same claptrap, you know their "caring" ends at cashing their paychecks.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

There are constant outages, constantly replacing DVR and overpriced. The bill increases every month and the quality of service decreases. As soon as another company provides services where I live, I will be changing.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

There is not enough room to put all the information. This is day 7 of trying to get service working. Been customer for 17 years. Employees along way have been great. Have had service men out twice. Problem is getting hold of someone on phone. Last time they called me and put me on hold for 2 1/2 hours!!! The last serviceman was an hour late for appointment because he couldn't get through to them for over an hour at previous customer. He left our house with phone on speaker because he was trying to get them to answer. We also have trouble with public television reception. PBS station said "Do you have Suddenlink?" When I replied yes they said everyone with Suddenlink has the same problem.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have tried for over a year to receive paper bills. Every month I was assured that the issue was handled & the next month, no bill. I'm a busy working mom & I'm old school. I like paper bills. It keeps me straight & I don't forget any bills. Finally last month when Harvey hit; I was busy helping my community. And with no paper bill - I completely forgot about paying them. So they disconnected me. NOW, my bill has tripled and I don't know why. Well, if I had a bill I would know why. I called 4 times and 3 times was hung up on by the customer service team. Finally on the 4th time the manager told me to just pay my bill. I still have no idea why it's so high. Horrible customer service team! We gladly moved to a new company that assured me I would be getting paper bills. It's ridiculous to have to call a company every month just to get a bill. I don't have to remind the gas or light company to mail me a bill.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Do not know which channels we are paying for and can see. Also do not like paying for Spanish channels that we cannot understand. Took out TiVo... Entirely too complicated, it records shows I do not want and cannot find channels I think I have recorded.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

They have been a great company. I was living with family and they had Dish TV but every time it just looked like rain it would go off. But with Suddenlink it doesn't. My wife and I have had Suddenlink for 24 years. It is a great company. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

If I could rate any lower than 1 star, I would. We had service with Suddenlink, but moved and Suddenlink told us to take our equipment with us. Two months later, without any contact from Suddenlink, they automatically deducted $398.80 for equipment not returned. I spoke to no less than 12 people trying to get this resolved, and this means I had to go through the automated menu at least 12 times. Several times workers would assure me that a supervisor would call me back, while other times supervisors would swear that they could not call anybody back since they were at a call center. Seriously!? After a week of trying to fix the issue, I call back and they had credited my bill. No apologies, no "I'm sorry", and they didn't even have the courtesy to call and let me know.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

When it rains, Suddenlink's connection is spotty - just when you need it most. Billing is average. I would like faster speed! I would also like phone service from them but not available in our area.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I set up a new service installation with Suddenlink. The installation time was to be between 4-6 pm on a Monday. I had to take off from work early to make their installation time. Which the technician did NOT show up to! I called to find out why, they informed me that he had informed them that he showed up at 5:07 and there was no answer. And that he had attempted to contact me by phone. I then explained to the customer service representative that I had been in my living room from 4:00 on and that my front door is in my living room. Also that my cellphone had been in my hand the whole time. So there was absolutely NO way that anyone had came by or called. I even double checked my call history to make sure, no missed call.

However instead of offering an apology or attempting to make it right in any way. I was told that I would just have to wait for the next available date. Even though it clearly was not my fault. I was also told that there was no one I could talk to that would tell me anything different. After everything I still ended up with another 3 days to wait and a very bad experience with their customer service. If there was a better option in my area, I would never go near this company again. They were terrible to me and my family.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I wish I had looked at these reviews prior to signing on with Suddenlink. I am sad to say that I am not surprise at the one star average rating. I have been with this company only a couple of weeks and I already regret my decision and want to cancel service. I'm 57 and have moved a great deal, so I am accustom to dealing with new service providers. Most have truly been exceptionally good. Suddenlink has been exceptionally bad. I cannot recall ever having so much trouble getting in touch with a customer service agent. It's like they don't exist. The local office constantly answers with an "unavailable, leave your number and we'll call you back" message, but so far, no callbacks.

The number they ask you to call when you first sign up for the service does have a human that answers, but they won't talk to you, because they are for those calling for service only. They tell to call customer service... And give you two numbers. The numbers you get from these humans are both automated and there is no option to speak to a representative. It's a very poor way of doing business. They are plenty nice when you're signing up, but once you're a customer, they are silent as the grave.

My reasons for needing to speak to an agent, have to do with receiving my first bill after the due date. I wanted to make sure I would not be charged the late fee. The tech came out and installed my service on Sept. 11th and they billed me on the 12th, due on the 21st. However, the bill did not arrive until after the 21st. I cannot reach anyone to discuss this issue. Also, the tech that installed the cable, draped a very long line across two driveways. The tech did a fine job of installing the service, but did not mention the cable across the driveway, that anyone would come out and bury it... And most importantly, that I would need to call and schedule this service.

Even after I called the tech back on his cell phone, he simply stated that they would send someone to bury it - not that I had to call and schedule it. After a week with no word from Suddenlink and the cable still unburied; I called and they scheduled the service for Wednesday, Sept. 20th. I was told because it was a gated community I would need to be home to let the workers inside. The arrival window was 8am to 5pm.

After waiting all day - no one showed and no one called to say why or reschedule. I called Suddenlink and an automated voice stated that my service was now scheduled for Oct.2 - three weeks after installation. No one called to tell me about this change... Explain anything... Or ask if that date was ok... Since unlike most, I have to be home to give access. In the meantime, the line, draped across 2 driveways continues to get run over multiple times a day, by me and my neighbors and is an inconvenience for the lawn service. I am actually surprised that the line has not been cut.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Ever Suddenlink supposedly upgraded TV reception has been sporadic. Today half of the channels we are supposed to get are completely missing. They are not there at all. This has been going on for weeks. Last week the service rep I talked to insisted the problem was on my end. So they sent out a tech four days later. The tech didn't do anything and said the problem was with Suddenlink. Their upgrade has not worked at all and they have gotten hundreds of calls about it. The rep I talked to told me they had NO other calls about this problem.

I also have phones with Suddenlink and they have been out for a week now. So I contacted them via live chat. I chatted with Blake. He told me they had no other calls in regard to this problem and that the problem was with my TV. I told him what the tech told me and he disconnected the chat. The service with Suddenlink is absolutely horrible and their service reps are rude and unknowledgeable about anything.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have been with Suddenlink about a year and a half. Their technical performance has been excellent. I have appointment with their customer service representatives online, over the phone, and in person. They have been friendly, professional, and very helpful. I get an occasional call to upgrade my services, which I'm not crazy about but understand it's part of the business. It's infrequent enough that it doesn't really bother me. Their website could use some work. It seems to be geared more towards selling to potential customers than providing easy access to existing customers. While I can usually find what I need, a better balance between the two purposes would be nice. Overall, I am very pleased with the company and their service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I just switched to Suddenlink and I've got calls on upgrading my service plus one call that asked me to purchase more data because my account was going over. Well I got in touch with Suddenlink and they said that I was getting scammed. So my personal information was hacked from their servers. They would not agree or deny the fact that my information was hacked. They simply said it happened. That's out of control, very disappointed and now I'm on edge because my information has been compromised. Awful customer service and on top of it the hacking of my account. I hope people see this before their information isn't hacked like mine was.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

June 27, 2017 at 4:55pm I had to go pick up a new HD box because the area I live in became encrypted. I live in an apartment complex where the cable is free. So I went to our local office to pick up said box that's is mandatory in order to continue viewing the free cable, at the office I'm assisted by Marla ** who's suppose to be the manager or supervisor not sure. Marla asked me for my name and address that's all then asked me how many boxes I need. I said I needed 3 because that's how many cable TVs we have. She then scans the boxes and I leave. No other information is exchanged. So literally 2 days pass and I'm sent a bill. I call a call center for questions on said bill cause you can't call your local office. I'm told that I'm being charged for the boxes which I feel I should of been told of the charge at the time that I was picking up the boxes.

I then go to google and several of my fellow neighbors and ask about their bills. Which they never received. Well apparently the HD boxes are free for 2 years. So I thought I was good maybe a misprint on the bill. Well come home from work yesterday 8/8/2017 and guess what no cable. No cable in my apartment that has free cable because I was cut off over a box that Suddenlink said I had to have because they needed to be in some type of regulation in my area. So I call again to yet another call center where I'm told I'm being charged actually for the third box. Which again was never told to me that I needed to pay for.

Another thing that bothers me is I never consented to Suddenlink to use my social security number or old account information. Had I known that these new boxes we needed because of the upgrade I wouldn't of taken the boxes. I would of went to Dish since I'm a longstanding customer of AT&T and it's free for me to add Dish to my account. Nobody at Suddenlink offered to help me since their representatives were in the wrong for not communicating with their customers about the charges for these boxes.

I went to the local office and returned the third box which was never used all everyone kept saying to me was sorry there's nothing I can do for you. Marla at the local office actually had the nerve to question me why I asked for 3 boxes and why I didn't pay my bill. She never apologized to me for not better assisting me and actually telling me what she was trained to do. I spoke to 2 different supervisors and they weren't able to pass along any correct information which is part of their job, and I have to pay for their ignorance and laziness.

Had I been informed that I would have to pay right away for the third box I would of never taken it. I'm a single mother getting my children ready for school, I didn't need this extra expense. I'm trying to clean my credit up and I didn't want any new accounts opened in my name and Suddenlink opened the account without even a signature or even my verbal consent. But then again there's nothing no one can do for me...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have been a paying client of Suddenlink for 2.5 yrs since moving to Missouri. I have had internet issues for 2.5 years. I was told my computer was outdated and slow for service. I did not believe them but they refused to move forward with checking my complaint. I bought new computer with faster CPU and more memory. You guessed it, no change. I was then told it was my router, again I invested in new equipment and yep no change. Then I was told it was my modem and Suddenlink had discovered that having phone, TV and internet in one modem was not providing satisfactory internet. They gave me a separate modem, jumper wire and splitter and ask me to change it. I installed the new equipment and after 2 months my problem was back. Repeated calls gave the same response as many I have read, reboot your modem. Well, three to four times a day is not reliable nor satisfactory service.

I decided to drop my speed back to 50mb and changed my service. I was told I would be on plan that was $69.95 a month. I explained that my last change I was screwed by Suddenlink as I turned in my equipment as told on the day before my billing was changing cycle. Well they took the equipment and said my next bill would be $78 with taxes, etc. It came at $162. I called and like many the billing were rude and said I should have canceled before. I explained the local office told me how to do it and called from their office and was assured by billing rep that bill would be adjusted. I checked online and the bill was $230 for the next month, when I ask they said do not worry they had it adjusted and I owed $78. Just ignore internet. I made online payment of $78.

The next month it was $302 and again. I was told to pay only $102 for the correct amount. Even though I could not follow their logic and billing "madoff-enron" method of accounting, I again paid online amount told. I went on vacation and put my account on auto payment, you guessed it. I was charged $312 dollars that month. I just had them out again today at 2 pm for bad connection and the tech said the issue was bad connectors from the original install. I am now hoping that their service holds long enough to watch streaming shows and let me use the internet without reboots every 4 hours.

I have sent this letter to the Missouri State Attorney General office of Consumer Affairs and asking that they take action against Suddenlink. They promote fastest speed and reliability and provide neither. Having owned my own business for 30 years I can not understand their half ass approach to customer service and the rudeness that is tolerated by their employees to paying customer by corporate. I have conclude this business model is because they are in areas many other providers are not. They appear to pick and choose rate plans they feel are appropriate for that day.

I hope that you read this lengthy encounter with Suddenlink and shop for any other source for the services you need. I am currently canceling my entire service and going to a competitor that offers me the same for $70 a month, no contract and guarantee the rate for 3 years. What's up Suddenlink? You do not care about loyal consumers and their needs? Suddenlink does not give you a copy of the service ticket nor the number. I ask for an email receipt, which should be just minutes after the service but has yet to arrive, 9:40 pm. I went to their local office and they could not give me information regarding the service today. What is Suddenlink trying to hide? They never replied to my email request for service and just said in an automated reply, "Call us." Like sure, then be told by rude representative to reset my modem again!!! I ask 4 times for tech service and only got it when I went directly to the local office.

Suddenlink Company Information