1.28/5
Based on 108 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

136 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

I just moved from CA to TX, and my apt complex only offered Suddenlink as an internet provider. In terms of retail service, these folks are terrible. But I will say that their business service has been very good for my employer. Here are the details: These guys are all about sales. The price they advertise is nowhere near what you pay, and if you use their online services to make your purchase, you won’t see the final price until AFTER you’ve already agreed to purchase.

In my case I was given $149.99 as a price for TV, HBO, and internet, but I’m actually paying $196.80. They give you a bunch of BS when you challenge them on their prices, but they won’t budge. Then there’s the service guys. Mine was very nice, but not very competent. He brought the wrong equipment, and then informed me that he couldn’t give me an Ethernet connection because their boxes don’t come with more than one Ethernet feed, and if you have TiVo, which I forgot to mention, I do, it used that one feed. The service guy told me they do that so people opt out to use the WiFi box which has multiple feeds, but also costs an additional $10 rental fee per month.

So now I’m paying $200 per month for normal TV, TiVo, and 5 HBO channels, with no Ethernet connection for my computers. Of course, any tech savvy reader knows there are some things I could do about it on my own, but I’m not going to publicly talk about that. The summary is Suddenlink retail will charge you more money than quoted, and their service is sub par at best.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Our local Suddenlink office does not answer their phone personally. Have to leave a voicemail. They are not returning the calls. We can not get in touch with a techie at any time unless we go to the local office. There is no way to talk with a tech on a weekend. Our wifi has been off for 3 days at a time. And the bill continues to go up. We're done with this company!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

TV service out Tue am. 3 1/2 days till tech service. Thur pm tech fixes problem. 3 hrs TV out again. I drive to local Suddenlink Office. They say another tech will be out today. 6 pm no tech shows. Now I call back & they say it will be June 20th before another tech can be there. This will be 8 days with no service. This is just not acceptable. Since Altice has taken over the cable service for our town, the service is not customer friendly. It is horrible service. I will be going back to satellite company as long as Altice is in charge of the cable service.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Appointment was Friday between 8-12. Waited until 12:30 then left after calling for ETA and was told between 9-10. Supposedly he showed up at 4:51 but I was home and nobody came by. Never received a call saying he was there or on his way. Have talked to 11 different people between Friday and now (Tuesday). Only 1 person has been helpful. He told me the people before who have helped me haven’t done anything they said they would with my account. Everyone who said they’d call me back never did except this one person. One guy even hung up on me. Nobody seems to want to help or just says ‘we'll send an e-mail to dispatch and follow up’ but they never follow up. Terrible impression given to me as a new customer. Terrible customer service. They have me set up for an appointment tonight at 5:20 and if they do not show, I will be cancelling my services and going elsewhere.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I waited 4 hours and the tech never came. I even explained to the appointment person what I needed done and that I would be there. I called to say that the tech never came. They charged me $60 for a missed appointment. I pay for a maintenance plan that includes techs coming out for free. I am considering changing from Suddenlink on Monday morning. They can make a lot of money making appointments and the tech never shows up and charging for nothing!

I tried to go online to lodge a complaint and called as well. The person whom I finally got on the phone said he would transfer me to the right place. The message said that no one was available and it was after hours. I spent 20 minutes for nothing. There is no place on the website to lodge a complaint. The only sure way to talk to anyone is to drive to their office (during limited business hours) and wait in line for an agent. They are operating like businesses did in the early nineties! So sad for a technology related business! Need to move on...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: June 9, 2018

If you have the expectation that your needs will be met by a customer service representative do not go any further with this company. They do not know the definition nor the concept of customer service. They are great at taking your money and that is about the end of it. If I did not live in an area where only they can provide decent Internet speeds, I would leave them behind altogether. If you have an option, do not ask these people for service.

I discontinued my service with them and turned in their equipment as instructed, only to learn that until they "have time" to come out and disconnect my service, I still have to pay. Never mind that without their equipment I could not access their services and did not attempt to. Also, if you sign up for autopay, as I did over a year ago, do not expect to be able to go to their website and change that option. I had to call them and sit on hold waiting for someone to change that setting. If you ask to speak to a supervisor, be prepared to stay on hold indefinitely until they "find" someone to take your call. Taken altogether, this is a lousy excuse for service by any definition.

Original review: June 7, 2018

All I'm trying to do is play some games like a normal person however we pay 150+ a month for TV and 100+ MB internet. But as of right now it seems like we're just getting scammed. The neighbors already switched to CenturyLink which is better than what Suddenlink can provide. However when we called them for someone to come out all he had to say was it's because this metal thing isn't screwed into the wall. And all that did was make it look a little nicer.

We might just switch to CenturyLink with 20 MB for a third of the price of what Suddenlink is making us pay, they said we might just need a new box (router) and we got two new ones and that did nothing. But you know Suddenlink took down their complaints department, and I wonder why because it seems like they're just scamming everyone. Now some of the people down the road their internet works just fine but not ours and a few other people. When I paid my phone bill I get 3 GB of high speed and unlimited low speed and in the first 3 days I used 4 GB because either A, the internet is being slower than my data. B, The internet went out or C, my phone just won't stay connected. All Suddenlink has to do is fix their problem and people won't be leaving them.

Original review: June 6, 2018

We have had internet with this company for 7 years & have had the worst experience. My husband works from home & requires full use of the internet. His job gets interrupted on a daily basis because of their service. We have purchased the best equipment possible & have had an electrician come out. There is nothing wrong with our house, it’s Suddenlink. We call 2-3 times a week complaining & they cannot fix their problem. I URGE everyone to stay far away from this company. Horrible service all around.

Original review: May 29, 2018

The week after installation, the service was degraded. The tech came to the house, and mentioned that another tech was in the area the day before to resolve degraded service. The service tested okay while the technician was there. I was charged for the tech coming out even though he admitted that there was an issue in the neighborhood the day before.

Original review: May 28, 2018

For well over a year I have had technical issues with Suddenlink. Some of which are: 1. Video freezes for up to 10 seconds. Phone also cut out initially. Occurred up to 10 times in 5-10 minute period. 2. DVR overheats and shuts down. 3. DVR box reboots by itself and gets stuck in a "Count-down from 99.99 loop". 4. Cable splitter when set up had cables connected incorrectly. 5. Remote replaced twice due to different problems. 6. DVR receiver box replaced now 6 times in less than a year with REFURBISHED boxes.

Suddenlink NEVER replaces a equipment with working equipment; you always get the last person's problem. 90% of technicians don't do more than check wiring and reboot. Never diagnose cause of problems. Service response is usually 3-4 days after a call, unless repetitive unfixed-the-first-time issues are present. They are supposed to provide credit for anything NOT fixed first-time, but finding this in any documentation is impossible. They provide NO feedback/email address.

Online CHAT agents are only there during normal working hour and non-holidays. Service call reps are NOT educated in technical matters. For instance, one told my 90-year old mother-in-law that her apartment A/C set at 80 is too HOT for the DVR! Unfortunately I must at least rate them a 1! If my mother-in-law had ANY other service available to her in her apartment, Suddenlink would have been dropped within a month of activation. On the good side is PHONE and INTERNET which is stable. But, don't expect any experts to help should it ever glitch.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I got Suddenlink in 2013 when I started work from home. When they put the cable on my house, they did not hide it under the eaves, but just strung it halfway across the east wall of my house. Since that time, at least 5 Suddenlink salespeople have been by and vowed to have it fixed. IT IS NOT FIXED AND IT IS 2018. In about 2015, my due date was changed from the 16th (They said it was for my convenience, but I did not request the change) to the 13th of each month, and I was told I was paying ahead. Today, I decided to cancel due to poor service and cost. Well, they tell me I still owe and that service will not cancel till June 2, and they do not prorate. WHAT CROOKS! They gladly take your money then give you poor service, lie to you, and get a extra payment out of you.

Original review: May 13, 2018

Ever since his company came to St. Joseph Missouri we have had the worst internet service. Worst is everything. Their equipment is older than the company in St. Joseph they bought. They're trying to use it together and it's just messing everything up.

Original review: May 11, 2018

Installation went well but I wasn't given any instruction on using the system (all the tv shows and Tivo). Picked up some literature at the store. When calling them, the call director is a bit painful, but they've usually been helpful when you finally get to a person.

Original review: May 10, 2018

on May 2, 2018 I woke up to no internet, phone etc. I called to find out they disconnected my account because the March invoice that is "autopay" was returned on 4/27/2018. No notification of any kind to me. I asked how this could have happened since I have been on autopay for years on the same account with no missed payments "ever". I called and the person I talked to said that she saw we were auto pay for the one account for years. I went back to my bank and called to verify if they tried to run a charge on 04/27/2018 and they told me no. The girl at Suddenlink gave me the last 4 digits of the checking account they tried to run it thru and I told her we do not have such accounts with that number. She informed me the only way to get my service turned back on was to pay 2 months worth plus a $10 service restoration fee on 05/02/2018 on top of the $35 return check fee and $10 processing fee.

I received my new May 2018 bill 05/09/2018 and noticed they never credited my account for the extra fees. I just called again this morning complaining about the fees that was charged even though it was not my mistake. Spoke with Supervisor "Franky" and she said this was not their doing and was going to hold me for the fees. I told her she needed to send me an email to that effect and she said she will not that the charges on the invoice was good enough. Can not reach Suddenlink's corporate office for complaints. Suddenlink will never admit to their own mistakes and keep making blind charges to their customers. Please carefully beware of Suddenlink and their bills and fees.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I have been a Suddenlink customer for 8 years, and every week I get junk mail from them in my mailbox, I call and remind them that I am an existing customer and would like them to stop sending me their advertising, they say it will be taken care of in 3 weeks, after 8 years it still has not been taken care of! NOW!!! a new wrinkle has been added to the mix of no respect!!! I have NO TRESPASSING signs on my property and front doors of my home, and that's right, here come the Suddenlink salespeople, knocking on my front door wanting to sell me a service I don't want or need, nevermind the NO TRESPASSING signs!!!

So I complain again to the customer service people, and of course nothing will happen, nothing will change to fix the situation, so I have added a motion detection camera to the front of my home to get audio and video of the uneducated illiterate trespassers, which I will now use as evidence to file a complaint against them and the company who hires these poor souls to ignore my rights to not be disturbed in my home. Someday we will move to an area that Suddenlink does not service and maybe I won't need the NO TRESPASSING signs anymore.

Original review: May 6, 2018

I am “supposedly” only responsible for internet; bill has doubled recently with NO upgrades. Bill now has bundle charge w/o me having a “Bundle” & they still say I am rec. “free” what is clearly a charge. Hate them!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Their bill is almost impossible to decipher. It is constantly changing and the cost increasing by a little here and a little there. We have lost service numerous times and it frequently takes several days to fix.

Original review: May 4, 2018

There is a lot of channels I never watch but pay for. The price is too high and I hate that I have to have a cable box because my old vcr won't work on it. But the customer service is very good and prompt.

Original review: April 29, 2018

Suddenlink recently "changed hands" and reduced the number of technicians greatly. When I call them they seem to always have an excuse. Their tech support is very weak. I am an electrical engineer and before I retired was an electrical troubleshooter for a large paper mill. I can tell many times that the tech person I am talking to is "faking" it. We are stuck with only one cable provider and Suddenlink knows it.

Original review: April 28, 2018

Don't put yourself through this misery!! I live in Lake Montezuma and had cable internet and TV installed last week. At first I noticed that each morning my internet was disconnected so I would have to reset my modem to reconnect. Then it started happening throughout the day. I called Suddenlink's customer service number and they promptly sent out a technician to diagnose the problem. According to the tech my modem and lines were fine, rather it was Suddenlink's 'microwave tower' that was having problems. I asked him when it would be fixed and he did not have an answer to this, only that they were working on it.

I asked him how long they have been having this issue and he said for over 2 months. I asked him how many people this was affecting and he told me over 250 modems in Lake Montezuma and Rimrock! Unbelievable for two reasons; First of all why didn't they warn me of this problem when I initially obtained their internet services? They knew what was going on. Secondly, it has been over 2 months and it stiil hasn't been repaired and they could not even give me an estimate of when it would be fixed... If you go to their website and select 'current outages' there is no mention of any issues of this happening in my area. My other issue with Suddenlink is their deceptive pricing practices.

As a new customer I was offered internet and cable for $74.99. This included one TiVo and two rooms and free HD, it also had in very small words 'plus taxes and other fees'. Now I can understand the taxes part but when I went online it said my first bill would be over $114 per month! I called to complain and that is when they informed me. They had an additional fee of $15 and they were also charging me $10 for the 'free hd for life' as advertised on their website. Had I been told upfront of how much these additional fees were I would have kept my DirecTV who tells you upfront any additional fee there might be before ordering. Even after completing my online order these fees were not included in my so called 'final price'.

I also received an email that confirmed my price at being $74.99 with no mention of the extra $25 it would be costing me, only when I opened an online account so I could set up automatic payments did I find out how much they were really charging. I called to cancel the cable for my TV, I am also planning on cancelling my internet after CenturyLink hooks me back up.

The icing on the cake was this; After telling him I wanted to cancel he told me I had to pay for the current month even though I had only been with them for 3 days. I then mentioned that their website said there was a 30 day option that If I wasn't happy with my services I wouldn't have to pay anything. At this time he said I was correct but he could not tell me about the 30 guarantee upfront unless I mentioned it first! I asked him why and he said it was company policy. (As an aside, another thing that really irks me about Suddenlink is that they pay people to put their advertising signs on every street intersection - this is illegal and against every city code. For now on I will stop by each one and pluck it out of the ground, I hope you do the same.)

If there is any lawyer out there that would be willing to litigate Suddenlink's deceptive pricing and practices please let me know as I will be your first client. I am sure there are many other people out there who have experienced what I have in order to turn this into a class action lawsuit. If what I experienced above has happened to you please contact me and let's fight these **!

Original review: April 28, 2018

When I moved from L.A. to my new home in NM, I called Suddenlink for phone, internet & cable service. When the installer arrived, he asked if I wanted a DVR. I asked the cost. He said he had an old one in his vehicle & that it would cost $5/mo. I took the offer, but when I received my bill, the DVR was $20/mo. I called customer service & explained why I expected $5/mo. She called me a liar. I immediately canceled all the services!

Original review: April 27, 2018

My husband and I recently located to a new city. We had our Suddenlink services discontinued due to Suddenlink not covering the area we moved to. We turned in all equipment and received notice that our final bill would be sent out. Our last bill was received and covered up until the date we requested service disconnect. A month later we received a $215 adjustment fee from Suddenlink. We have no idea what an adjustment fee is and could not get a clear understanding from the Suddenlink rep. We have no intentions on giving them more money when our services had been disconnected an entire month earlier. They are clearly overcharging customers.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Suddenlink came to our new neighbor to run lines in November 2017. They dug 2 Huge holes in our yard. They did not fix our yard back and a hole is beside our drive and you can see all the pipes. It continues to grow and I have call them numerous times about this. Each time they take my information but state since I’m not a customer they will have to email the proper department but someone will call me. It is now April and still nothing with my last call last week. New neighbors have a small boy and if he or anyone steps in the hole Suddenlink will be responsible. I have told them this and yet no one cares to call me back. No one in the neighborhood will use them now due to same issues.

Original review: April 13, 2018

My experience is much like the others I’ve read. I move the residence. I didn’t use their service for the last month and three weeks that I was charged for so I asked him to turn off my service way before the billing cycle but they didn’t actually turn it off until the day after the billing cycle just to charge me for an extra month. Even after I explain to them that it wasn’t because I was switching it was because I was moving and there was already service provided where I was moving so it was not possible for me to use them where I was going yet they still did this to me.

So I called my bank have them return the funds to my account because I refuse to pay for internet that I’m not using and they turned around and sent me to collections over it. This is a real issue needs to be addressed. We need to come together for a class action lawsuit. Businesses need to learn that it is the customer that keep them in business and you can’t go treating people like this.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I have been a Suddenlink customer for years because this is the only high speed option in our area. The internet drops nearly every day- sometimes for a minute, other times for almost an hour. I work and go to school full-time so this has been a major problem. They said I would need to pay them to have a tech come look at my new modem. Other family and neighbors told me they were having the same problems. I am also getting charged overuse fees for going over my data limits (teenagers) so I switched to their unlimited plan for $10 more a month. It was supposed to include a free year of Netflix. I still have not received my Netflix voucher and though I did not think it was possible, the internet service has been dropping even more everyday! If you have a choice- DO NOT choose Suddenlink! Really- you should probably make sure you are not getting a service owned by Altice the company that recently bought Suddenlink.

Original review: April 13, 2018

They on multiple occasions admit that they have prices for different customers, different regions and for different racial groups. For instance I pay one price by parents who is on Social Security and live two houses down. It's a higher price for the same service from them without any remorse from their company and when asked about this they say there is nothing they can do to give them a price break because they signed up for service two days after idea and must then pay a higher price for the same service that they are now offering at a lower price to everyone else around us. This type of behavior must be investigated by local law-enforcement agencies.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I am a long-standing client of Suddenlink and always pay my bills shortly after I receive them. This past month while on a 16 day trip to New Zealand (3/5 - 3/21) my bill came in the mail with a due date of 3/20. I paid the bill the night of my return which they received on 3/22. Just got my new bill with a $10 late payment charge. I politely called and explained that I was unable to pay until I returned and requested as a customer service to reverse the charge. After talking with a person in charge they told me that no one in that office has the authority to do that. (Really?) I could not find anywhere on their website to relay this so here I am looking for answers.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Took off a half day of work for an install between 2pm and 4pm. They never showed up, never called, when I called it was a call center in Houston that could not tell me even if they were coming at all or not... Terrible service on day 1! Unbelievable this is my only option for internet.

Original review: April 4, 2018

When I called inquiring about my bill for the third time, I was told three totally different thing about my account. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was on hold for about 15 mins or so. The supervisor gets on the phone and gets smart mouth with me and before I would say something I would regret I hung up on her. I will definitely be cancelling all of my services tomorrow morning. Switching to CenturyLink.

Original review: March 31, 2018

So... Called to change business account to residential. We're told our phone would be down for two days. Then we were told our phone would be down for three weeks. We were told we could port our old number, then we were told we had to have a new number. We were told we could keep our current modems, then we were told we would have to swap the phone modem for a residential type. OK, all that said (by different people on different calls mind you), they scheduled a tech to come to my house yesterday (3-29-18) to swap out the modem. We would not have phone until then.

OK. So I stayed home for the morning to meet the tech (8 to noon). Well, eight to noon came and went. No tech, no call, nothing. They simply just left me hanging. Now, my time is just as important and worth just as much as theirs. This is totally unacceptable. Mysteriously, our phone is working now. This is one jacked up company. I've been a subscriber for over 10 years and every single time we've had to call technical support it went from bad to worse. No exaggerations!! What really sucks is that they're the only broadband available where I live. Otherwise I would have dropped them like a bad habit years ago. Terrible, terrible. You've been warned.

Suddenlink Company Information