1.52/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Suddenlink

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 12, 2017

57 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

The wifi service is terrible. I moved into a new house Monday October 1st, service started on Tuesday the 3rd. A few days after installation... The wifi connection goes in and out on my cell phone. I know my cell phone isn't the problem because the WiFi connection does the same with my laptop. What really upsets me is, I'm right next to the modem and in the same room. The only way the Internet connection works is if I am hard wired to the modem which is the only good thing, considering I work from home. I have been unable to contact Suddenlink because I have been so busy. Ever since installation I have had problems with this WiFi. To reiterate, I am in the same room, next to the modem and the connection goes in and out CONSTANTLY. If this isn't fixed I will have to find service elsewhere. I will be calling hopefully first thing in the morning. Also... I never received an email with order verification information.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I was a customer of Suddenlink for 17 years and switched to AT&T because the rates were outrageous from Suddenlink. When AT&T kept raising their rates I moved back to Suddenlink about 8 months ago. Initially they were sending statements to an email address that was not mine and charged late fees. I switched to paper billing but the e-statements kept coming. More late fees. I finally went to the local office and was successful in enrolling in paper billing. Now they charge me $1.00 a month for the privilege of getting a paper statement so I can pay their invoice.

I had not received a paper statement so I sent a payment in on 9/29 which was several days before I normally receive a statement from them. On 10/10 I called customer service stating the check had not cleared. She was very understanding and helpful. I paid online with a credit card and was told if the check clears call them and they would remove the late fee. The check cleared on 10/11 so I called customer service. They were going to issue a credit $10 less than my card was charged which I did not allow. I explained I was told when the check cleared they would refund the $10 late fee. Today I was told that was not possible. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with and will not continue with them. I will make arrangements with another provider as soon as possible.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They responded quickly when I first signed up, and waited for my question to give the answer needed and provided information that might need regarding my questions and did not try to overload with product or package deals that did not apply to what I was asking for.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Suddenlink takes top prize for the WORST customer DISservice we’ve ever encountered. Nearly impossible to talk to a human, and when you do, after long, long waits, about half don’t speak English understandably. Their main job is to get rid of you. Rates rise more than once per year. They drop channels without warning and without replacements or compensation. The channels that are there frequently blank out with onscreen error message. Two missing channels have had the message, "programming will resume soon, please wait" for 3 months now.

Disservice agents are mostly rude, unhelpful and will even hang up on you. Either that or transfer you to another department. One told me, "we’re working on your problem". I asked what the problem was, she said, "I don’t know, there’s no outage reported." Local office phone numbers are unlisted or if you call you are relayed to a call center that could be hundreds or even thousands of miles away. Effective immediately I’m shopping around for a different provider. Enough of this horrible company that does not care about customers!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I have phone, internet, and TV with Suddenlink and they keep raising cost. I have no complaints on phone or internet but on TV cable it's a different story! The company shifts to all HD TV and now requires cable boxes on every TV. Don't sound too bad, huh? BUT they charge you 3.00 per box and in my case that is four sets. The min set box is no charge. Stinks if you ask me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I don't have the time to express how horrible Suddenlink's so-called customer service is. We lose service at least a dozen times every year. Since we are all in with Suddenlink, this is a great issue. No TV, no internet, no phone... nothing. A call to Suddenlink is a total waste of time. Reset this, reset that, "outage in your area and we are working on it." It takes talking to a computer for 5 minutes before you get put on hold and you may get a human being within 10 or 15 minutes. While waiting, remember, no TV, no internet, no phone as you are having to call on your cell phone. We tried our local office in Winnfield, LA, but it is just as useless. Over the last month, we have gone to our local office 6 times to check status of service, installation, etc. The blonde lady working the counter told us each time she would check for us and give us a call. To date, she has never called our home to give us status on anything.

Please understand this is a 10,000 foot comment on how useless this office is but you should get the picture. I managed people for 41 years and I can spot a person making time and not making a contribution within seconds of talking to them... their response, actions, and body language. With all this, I had a weak moment and added Suddenlink Security. Go figure! It took 2 weeks to get the installation because the local office in Winnfield did not do their job. My wife called Suddenlink customer service who actually handled the scheduling of the installation. We got our installation as scheduled on a Wednesday. The technician showed up without a battery for the base unit. No problem unless we lose power at which case it will be a total reprogram of our entire system. You would think there would be urgency on the part of the technician to return the next day with the battery but he said he would come back the following week!

Within 24 hours we had 2 sensors that were not reading. We again called corporate customer service knowing we would get no action locally. Their response was that they would send out a technician the following week! My wife went wild at this point. Why did we get a security system if it has already malfunctioned and Suddenlink will check it out the following week! My wife demanded action or they could get the equipment and we would change our service to Dish or DirecTV. The CS agent then said a technician would come Saturday... a day and a half later but we agreed. They were to arrive between noon and 2 pm Saturday. We cancelled a trip and stayed home for this appointment.

At noon on Saturday, we checked the online CS line and was told they moved the appointment to 2 pm to 5 pm that day. At 5 pm, my wife endured talking to the computer and finally got a human after 10 minutes. This clown was so disrespectful and rude to my wife but she handled him. He said the appointment was for Monday but we were told repeatedly it was Saturday. This goon needs to be fired as they at least need courteous people manning their total lack of customer service "Customer Service" phone service. I could go on and on with greater details of total lack of service but you should be able to get the picture. Evaluate your choices and choose wisely. We certainly did not!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We have been a Suddenlink customer for 16 years. Most of the years the service has been sub-par, but we live in a small town with few alternatives so we've had to put up with it. Earlier this year, the internet speed was greatly increased (from under 3mbps to 13mbps @ $68.50 per month- don't laugh, it was blazing fast for us!) and all was great for about 2 months. And then things became worse than ever. We were constantly losing service, but for such brief periods that by the time we got technical support on the line, service would be back and they couldn't locate the problem. Phone support would always indicate that they were completely unaware of any problems around us and that we were the only ones.

We finally requested that a technician come out. His equipment confirmed that that day alone we had lost service 17 times. He also said that there was a neighborhood problem that they were neither able to identify nor fix. (After talking to friends and looking at online reviews, the problem is not just the neighborhood - it's the whole area.). Then recently our phone company offered high-speed DSL. I switched everything over to them and called to disconnect with Suddenlink. They wasted no time getting that in motion but because they are a "prepay company", they will not refund me for the 2 weeks or so left on my service month. Oddly enough, that $35 ticks me off more than anything else.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I have been a customer with Suddenlink off and on for about 15 years. Their service is pretty reliable. They offer everything in one place cable, Wi-Fi, and phone which is really convenient because of one bill. But they are kind of pricey and this is because they're the only cable provider for people who live in an apartment or rent a house from can have because any dish company or Wi-Fi provider has to tap into their lines to be accessible and also requires some digging up and running lines underground to do that. So said apartment and house renters would have to have permission to do this and the answer is always no. Even if you have your own property you're still connected to the Suddenlink lines if you get dish cable or Wi-Fi because Suddenlink has a monopoly on the lines available to consumers in this area.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Suddenlink cares nothing about customers, only sucking as much money out of them as possible. First, they have the gall to CHARGE to mail a monthly bill -- even though they toss unwanted advertisements in with the bill FOR WHICH THEY ARE PAID TO INCLUDE. Then, the service is pretty horrible. Almost every day there's an issue: cable picture, sound, etc. In fact on 9/21 the entire system was down for over seven hours. No phone, no cable, no internet, no nothing. And of course NO bill adjustment. Yesterday and today the sound is crackling away, fading in and out, so nothing is understood, like the satellite they use was made in Sri Lanka (which wouldn't surprise me). They say they'll send a technician out with the ominous warning that if the problem is not their fault, I'll be charged out the wazoo.

Their office workers are patronizing, rude, unhelpful, and totally uncaring. But then I probably would be, too, working for a company as bad as this one. I pay over $165 a month for lousy product and service. Lest you think it's only the cable, oh no. The internet goes out at least once a week. The phone will not work if the power goes out, even though they tell you when you sign up there's battery back up. I actually had to buy a cellphone just because of this wonderful Suddenlink phone service. The problem is they have a modified monopoly where I live. Switching means giving up some of the few channels I do watch. I enjoy them when I can watch with no problems (rare, indeed). I've seen Suddenlink's insulting responses to the reviews on the BBB site. They are programmed and spit out to look like they care a smidgeon, but since all the responses are the same claptrap, you know their "caring" ends at cashing their paychecks.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

There are constant outages, constantly replacing DVR and overpriced. The bill increases every month and the quality of service decreases. As soon as another company provides services where I live, I will be changing.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

There is not enough room to put all the information. This is day 7 of trying to get service working. Been customer for 17 years. Employees along way have been great. Have had service men out twice. Problem is getting hold of someone on phone. Last time they called me and put me on hold for 2 1/2 hours!!! The last serviceman was an hour late for appointment because he couldn't get through to them for over an hour at previous customer. He left our house with phone on speaker because he was trying to get them to answer. We also have trouble with public television reception. PBS station said "Do you have Suddenlink?" When I replied yes they said everyone with Suddenlink has the same problem.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have tried for over a year to receive paper bills. Every month I was assured that the issue was handled & the next month, no bill. I'm a busy working mom & I'm old school. I like paper bills. It keeps me straight & I don't forget any bills. Finally last month when Harvey hit; I was busy helping my community. And with no paper bill - I completely forgot about paying them. So they disconnected me. NOW, my bill has tripled and I don't know why. Well, if I had a bill I would know why. I called 4 times and 3 times was hung up on by the customer service team. Finally on the 4th time the manager told me to just pay my bill. I still have no idea why it's so high. Horrible customer service team! We gladly moved to a new company that assured me I would be getting paper bills. It's ridiculous to have to call a company every month just to get a bill. I don't have to remind the gas or light company to mail me a bill.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Do not know which channels we are paying for and can see. Also do not like paying for Spanish channels that we cannot understand. Took out TiVo... Entirely too complicated, it records shows I do not want and cannot find channels I think I have recorded.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

They have been a great company. I was living with family and they had Dish TV but every time it just looked like rain it would go off. But with Suddenlink it doesn't. My wife and I have had Suddenlink for 24 years. It is a great company. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

If I could rate any lower than 1 star, I would. We had service with Suddenlink, but moved and Suddenlink told us to take our equipment with us. Two months later, without any contact from Suddenlink, they automatically deducted $398.80 for equipment not returned. I spoke to no less than 12 people trying to get this resolved, and this means I had to go through the automated menu at least 12 times. Several times workers would assure me that a supervisor would call me back, while other times supervisors would swear that they could not call anybody back since they were at a call center. Seriously!? After a week of trying to fix the issue, I call back and they had credited my bill. No apologies, no "I'm sorry", and they didn't even have the courtesy to call and let me know.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

When it rains, Suddenlink's connection is spotty - just when you need it most. Billing is average. I would like faster speed! I would also like phone service from them but not available in our area.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I set up a new service installation with Suddenlink. The installation time was to be between 4-6 pm on a Monday. I had to take off from work early to make their installation time. Which the technician did NOT show up to! I called to find out why, they informed me that he had informed them that he showed up at 5:07 and there was no answer. And that he had attempted to contact me by phone. I then explained to the customer service representative that I had been in my living room from 4:00 on and that my front door is in my living room. Also that my cellphone had been in my hand the whole time. So there was absolutely NO way that anyone had came by or called. I even double checked my call history to make sure, no missed call.

However instead of offering an apology or attempting to make it right in any way. I was told that I would just have to wait for the next available date. Even though it clearly was not my fault. I was also told that there was no one I could talk to that would tell me anything different. After everything I still ended up with another 3 days to wait and a very bad experience with their customer service. If there was a better option in my area, I would never go near this company again. They were terrible to me and my family.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I wish I had looked at these reviews prior to signing on with Suddenlink. I am sad to say that I am not surprise at the one star average rating. I have been with this company only a couple of weeks and I already regret my decision and want to cancel service. I'm 57 and have moved a great deal, so I am accustom to dealing with new service providers. Most have truly been exceptionally good. Suddenlink has been exceptionally bad. I cannot recall ever having so much trouble getting in touch with a customer service agent. It's like they don't exist. The local office constantly answers with an "unavailable, leave your number and we'll call you back" message, but so far, no callbacks.

The number they ask you to call when you first sign up for the service does have a human that answers, but they won't talk to you, because they are for those calling for service only. They tell to call customer service... And give you two numbers. The numbers you get from these humans are both automated and there is no option to speak to a representative. It's a very poor way of doing business. They are plenty nice when you're signing up, but once you're a customer, they are silent as the grave.

My reasons for needing to speak to an agent, have to do with receiving my first bill after the due date. I wanted to make sure I would not be charged the late fee. The tech came out and installed my service on Sept. 11th and they billed me on the 12th, due on the 21st. However, the bill did not arrive until after the 21st. I cannot reach anyone to discuss this issue. Also, the tech that installed the cable, draped a very long line across two driveways. The tech did a fine job of installing the service, but did not mention the cable across the driveway, that anyone would come out and bury it... And most importantly, that I would need to call and schedule this service.

Even after I called the tech back on his cell phone, he simply stated that they would send someone to bury it - not that I had to call and schedule it. After a week with no word from Suddenlink and the cable still unburied; I called and they scheduled the service for Wednesday, Sept. 20th. I was told because it was a gated community I would need to be home to let the workers inside. The arrival window was 8am to 5pm.

After waiting all day - no one showed and no one called to say why or reschedule. I called Suddenlink and an automated voice stated that my service was now scheduled for Oct.2 - three weeks after installation. No one called to tell me about this change... Explain anything... Or ask if that date was ok... Since unlike most, I have to be home to give access. In the meantime, the line, draped across 2 driveways continues to get run over multiple times a day, by me and my neighbors and is an inconvenience for the lawn service. I am actually surprised that the line has not been cut.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

Ever Suddenlink supposedly upgraded TV reception has been sporadic. Today half of the channels we are supposed to get are completely missing. They are not there at all. This has been going on for weeks. Last week the service rep I talked to insisted the problem was on my end. So they sent out a tech four days later. The tech didn't do anything and said the problem was with Suddenlink. Their upgrade has not worked at all and they have gotten hundreds of calls about it. The rep I talked to told me they had NO other calls about this problem.

I also have phones with Suddenlink and they have been out for a week now. So I contacted them via live chat. I chatted with Blake. He told me they had no other calls in regard to this problem and that the problem was with my TV. I told him what the tech told me and he disconnected the chat. The service with Suddenlink is absolutely horrible and their service reps are rude and unknowledgeable about anything.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I have been with Suddenlink about a year and a half. Their technical performance has been excellent. I have appointment with their customer service representatives online, over the phone, and in person. They have been friendly, professional, and very helpful. I get an occasional call to upgrade my services, which I'm not crazy about but understand it's part of the business. It's infrequent enough that it doesn't really bother me. Their website could use some work. It seems to be geared more towards selling to potential customers than providing easy access to existing customers. While I can usually find what I need, a better balance between the two purposes would be nice. Overall, I am very pleased with the company and their service.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I just switched to Suddenlink and I've got calls on upgrading my service plus one call that asked me to purchase more data because my account was going over. Well I got in touch with Suddenlink and they said that I was getting scammed. So my personal information was hacked from their servers. They would not agree or deny the fact that my information was hacked. They simply said it happened. That's out of control, very disappointed and now I'm on edge because my information has been compromised. Awful customer service and on top of it the hacking of my account. I hope people see this before their information isn't hacked like mine was.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

June 27, 2017 at 4:55pm I had to go pick up a new HD box because the area I live in became encrypted. I live in an apartment complex where the cable is free. So I went to our local office to pick up said box that's is mandatory in order to continue viewing the free cable, at the office I'm assisted by Marla ** who's suppose to be the manager or supervisor not sure. Marla asked me for my name and address that's all then asked me how many boxes I need. I said I needed 3 because that's how many cable TVs we have. She then scans the boxes and I leave. No other information is exchanged. So literally 2 days pass and I'm sent a bill. I call a call center for questions on said bill cause you can't call your local office. I'm told that I'm being charged for the boxes which I feel I should of been told of the charge at the time that I was picking up the boxes.

I then go to google and several of my fellow neighbors and ask about their bills. Which they never received. Well apparently the HD boxes are free for 2 years. So I thought I was good maybe a misprint on the bill. Well come home from work yesterday 8/8/2017 and guess what no cable. No cable in my apartment that has free cable because I was cut off over a box that Suddenlink said I had to have because they needed to be in some type of regulation in my area. So I call again to yet another call center where I'm told I'm being charged actually for the third box. Which again was never told to me that I needed to pay for.

Another thing that bothers me is I never consented to Suddenlink to use my social security number or old account information. Had I known that these new boxes we needed because of the upgrade I wouldn't of taken the boxes. I would of went to Dish since I'm a longstanding customer of AT&T and it's free for me to add Dish to my account. Nobody at Suddenlink offered to help me since their representatives were in the wrong for not communicating with their customers about the charges for these boxes.

I went to the local office and returned the third box which was never used all everyone kept saying to me was sorry there's nothing I can do for you. Marla at the local office actually had the nerve to question me why I asked for 3 boxes and why I didn't pay my bill. She never apologized to me for not better assisting me and actually telling me what she was trained to do. I spoke to 2 different supervisors and they weren't able to pass along any correct information which is part of their job, and I have to pay for their ignorance and laziness.

Had I been informed that I would have to pay right away for the third box I would of never taken it. I'm a single mother getting my children ready for school, I didn't need this extra expense. I'm trying to clean my credit up and I didn't want any new accounts opened in my name and Suddenlink opened the account without even a signature or even my verbal consent. But then again there's nothing no one can do for me...

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

I have been a paying client of Suddenlink for 2.5 yrs since moving to Missouri. I have had internet issues for 2.5 years. I was told my computer was outdated and slow for service. I did not believe them but they refused to move forward with checking my complaint. I bought new computer with faster CPU and more memory. You guessed it, no change. I was then told it was my router, again I invested in new equipment and yep no change. Then I was told it was my modem and Suddenlink had discovered that having phone, TV and internet in one modem was not providing satisfactory internet. They gave me a separate modem, jumper wire and splitter and ask me to change it. I installed the new equipment and after 2 months my problem was back. Repeated calls gave the same response as many I have read, reboot your modem. Well, three to four times a day is not reliable nor satisfactory service.

I decided to drop my speed back to 50mb and changed my service. I was told I would be on plan that was $69.95 a month. I explained that my last change I was screwed by Suddenlink as I turned in my equipment as told on the day before my billing was changing cycle. Well they took the equipment and said my next bill would be $78 with taxes, etc. It came at $162. I called and like many the billing were rude and said I should have canceled before. I explained the local office told me how to do it and called from their office and was assured by billing rep that bill would be adjusted. I checked online and the bill was $230 for the next month, when I ask they said do not worry they had it adjusted and I owed $78. Just ignore internet. I made online payment of $78.

The next month it was $302 and again. I was told to pay only $102 for the correct amount. Even though I could not follow their logic and billing "madoff-enron" method of accounting, I again paid online amount told. I went on vacation and put my account on auto payment, you guessed it. I was charged $312 dollars that month. I just had them out again today at 2 pm for bad connection and the tech said the issue was bad connectors from the original install. I am now hoping that their service holds long enough to watch streaming shows and let me use the internet without reboots every 4 hours.

I have sent this letter to the Missouri State Attorney General office of Consumer Affairs and asking that they take action against Suddenlink. They promote fastest speed and reliability and provide neither. Having owned my own business for 30 years I can not understand their half ass approach to customer service and the rudeness that is tolerated by their employees to paying customer by corporate. I have conclude this business model is because they are in areas many other providers are not. They appear to pick and choose rate plans they feel are appropriate for that day.

I hope that you read this lengthy encounter with Suddenlink and shop for any other source for the services you need. I am currently canceling my entire service and going to a competitor that offers me the same for $70 a month, no contract and guarantee the rate for 3 years. What's up Suddenlink? You do not care about loyal consumers and their needs? Suddenlink does not give you a copy of the service ticket nor the number. I ask for an email receipt, which should be just minutes after the service but has yet to arrive, 9:40 pm. I went to their local office and they could not give me information regarding the service today. What is Suddenlink trying to hide? They never replied to my email request for service and just said in an automated reply, "Call us." Like sure, then be told by rude representative to reset my modem again!!! I ask 4 times for tech service and only got it when I went directly to the local office.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I am writing to complain about Suddenlink Business, and their policies. My account number is **. Over three years ago, I made the mistake of signing a contract with suddenlinkbusiness.com, to save an installation fee. When my business went out of business, I was stuck with a punishing cancellation fee. However, since I was moving to another place of business, a motel that I had inherited, Suddenlink Business agreed to transfer the service, avoiding that outrageous cancellation fee. Later, when I moved into my permanent residence, Suddenlink Business again agreed to transfer the service, apparently happy to simply continue collecting $75 a month. The long and short of it is that for three long years I paid $75 a month for a service that would be inadequate for any business. The upload and download speeds were too slow for either business or home use.

Finally, I figured the three years should be up, and called Suddenlink Business at 1-800-490-9604. The lady on the other end of the line informed me that I was just going month-to-month. At that time, I scheduled my Suddenlink Business line to be disconnected, well over a month before my next bill was due. In the process of setting up my new service, the Suddenlink Residential service technician had already disconnected the Suddenlink Business line the week before, and taken the equipment back to the local office in Many, Louisiana. Yet, the following week, I received another bill from Suddenlink Business.

When I called Suddenlink Business to inform them of this mistake, the operator was both unwilling and unable to make any corrections. Her attitude, which I assume she gets from the corporate management of Suddenlink Business, was basically, "This is the way it is, this is the way we've always done it, I can't help you with anything." She interrupted me, and talked over me in her attempts to assert her authority. That customer service representative needs to be retrained, and reminded that she is not a bureaucrat at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Personally, I would not recommend Suddenlink Business to anyone who has any other choice at all. The entire organization is unorganized, from their website to their technicians, and from the billing department to their customer service. If Suddenlink Business can't communicate between their own departments, how on earth can they offer a good communication service to the public?

Original review: July 31, 2017

This company is like the mob. They called me 3 times a day for 3 months before I asked to be put on the no call list. I wanted the unlimited data they were selling, but they didn't offer it in my area. Why could they not get that? My big problem is with their pricing. There is no pricing standard. My mom has the 100mb link for $55. One sister is paying $96 for 100mb and cable and phone. My other sister is paying $86 for just a 100mb link. I'm paying $69 for a 100mb link. None of us are new. And we vary in time as a customer from 1.5 years to 8 years. Why such a disparity between us as customers?

I started Googling it and found that many people are paying $59 for a 200mb link. Yet others are crying because they are being raped for $69 or more for a 50mb link. I don't understand it. Don't forget that the unwritten hidden text says that after year one your unlimited data is no longer unlimited. You will have to pay $5 more to keep it unlimited. Furthermore, when you call they just give you the "there is nothing I can do to help you." They can't provide a pricing sheet. It's just based on your account. But what is it about one person's account that makes them better than me to receive a lower cost of service? This is the worst ISP I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Zero customer service. If you have other options, exploit them. This company is just plain terrible. If I had another option I would take it.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I've been told several times that I cannot change my payment date which at one point didn't matter because they gave a grace period. I am a teacher and get paid monthly on the 20th. My bill is due the 17th so I always pay three days after on 20th when my deposit goes in. My bill this time was $173 and when I went to pay it online for some reason was $193 which is actually more than the late charge. So I called customer care who didn't really explain it very well as to why there's an extra $20 charge. They refused to remove the $10 charge even after I explained that I've always had this due date and past three days late before and it's never been a problem. I even spoke to the manager on duty and he wouldn't waive the charge matter what I said. I went ahead and paid the extra $20 charge but after reviewing this ConsumerAffairs site and speaking with others on Facebook I see this is something as of recently that they're doing to several customers.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I called last Thursday because we had no internet service. The tech support person attempted to troubleshoot with me but still no service. He forwarded me to a "special tech support service" that he assured me could help with my issue. When they reviewed my account they said I didn't qualify for the "special" service, but would be happy to sign me up and charge me monthly for this "special service". Of course, I said NO! I already pay for service and tech support should be a part of that at the highest level of service available to ALL paying customers.

They set up an appointment for first available time which was today (Tues) and they would try to get someone out earlier and that I would receive a call. Never got a call. Called today to see about my appointment today and they had no record of an appointment for today. Really?! So, my 30+ minute phone call last Thurs was a complete waste of time... Hopefully, someone with Suddenlink will read this and discuss how to improve customer service. We resolved our problem with the help of a local friend. No help from Suddenlink...

Original review: June 30, 2017

While I can't completely confirm this observation (It will take several of us) the last few months Suddenlink has billed us a late charge. The last month I paid the bill the day following receipt and still received a late charge. The pattern suggests they intentionally wait to bill you to make it impossible to paper mail and the bill in. I dropped the service the next day on the new month (of course billed late again) and returned their equipment the next day.

They refuse to drop the charges like a normal business intent on ethical conduct would do. They threaten to impact your credit report for non-pay, which is illegal in this instance. So they practice illegal coercion. I have notified the Officer of Consumer Affairs in Austin, Texas of the illegal conduct. Friends, if you are in Texas and have a similar situation please contact the Consumer Affairs Office in Austin also. NO business, including Suddenlink, can delay billing you and then demand late charges from you. That is a form of extortion.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I have only been a Suddenlink customer for about 6 to 8 months, but throughout this course of time I have been a very loyal customer such as always paying my bill on time and even in some cases early. There were a few times when my internet stopped working out of nowhere. It went on for about 2 weeks, I have no cable so wifi is the only way for my daughter and I to watch tv. When I called Suddenlink there was no technician available to come out the first week so the second week one came out & I was told that the issue was from the technician before, who never plugged back in the cord he was supposed to which caused a bunch of peoples wifi to go down in the same area. I asked the customer service/billing department if they would credit me & the woman told me yes. When they finally figured out how much I would be credited for it was only $3 and some change.

When the next few weeks went by & it came time for me to pay my bill for the month the credited amount had never been applied to my account & on top of that it showed that I owed $106.00 for the month, which didn't seem right knowing I've never paid over $53 a month. So once again I had to go through the phone process and talk to another representative. When the man got on the phone he told me the lady did not go through the process correctly and I was actually supposed to be credited $5 and some change. It is not that big of a difference in price but it just goes to show not everyone there is on the same page. The man tells me the online billing takes awhile to update and that on his side of the system it showed the correct balance and for me to just type in "other amount" and the online payments will be back updated soon.

The man said the reason for it showing me $106 owed was because it put my bill on there for the next 2 months and once again to just type in "other amount" and pay the correct balance. I thought everything was fine, my wifi was never disconnected so I never thought anything of it until today when I go to check my bill again and it showed the same balance of $106. ONCE AGAIN I called the customer service department/Billing and the lady that answered informed me that since I did not have the "safe guard" insurance plan with them for $5 extra dollars a month I was being charged $50!!! EXTRA DOLLARS on top of my monthly bill for a technician to come assist me to help me see what was wrong with the wifi the THIRD time I had an issue with it. I tried to express to them that I understood a fee for not having the safe guard but that I should have been aware of the $50 dollar charge if the issue was on "my end".

The lady who I spoke with which was supposed to be a MANAGER (who was very hard to get in touch with) proceeded to tell me that I was a liar & that she had it in her notes that I was fully aware that there would be a $50 fee, which is a LIE & since when is it ever appropriate to tell a customer they are lying? The manager nor the lady I spoke with before her were sympathetic towards my needs and they were the rudest people I have ever talked to in a customer service department and were very unprofessional. This company has the worst internet connection and they just get over on people. I went without internet for almost TWO WEEKS, & they only credited me $5 & some change on my bill and that was pushing it with them, but they had to come assist me with my internet ONE TIME for something that supposedly didn't work because of something on my behalf and they want to charge me $50 extra dollars.

Not to mention the fact that the technician said he was told the reason it did not work was because too many people were using it at the same time (such as neighbors) which is a lie because the person who was there when the tech got there said they never confirmed this with the tech, he assumed this was the issue due to him not being able to find any other reason for it to not be working so they just innocently agreed (not being aware of the plot twist fee). I would never suggest this company to my worst enemy... Not only does the service suck but the customer service/managers suck.

Original review: June 13, 2017

The only good thing about Suddenlink is that they don't use contracts so you can cancel at any time. I have both internet and cable through SL. The internet requires to be rebooted at least once every single day (and sometimes 3+ times) in order to get online. The cable continually cuts out the sound anywhere from 2 seconds up to about 30 seconds at a time, and often repeatedly within a few minutes, making it nearly impossible to watch the show. Sometimes the image freezes while sound continues, sometimes image freezes and sound stops for a few seconds before returning. Following their troubleshooting of unplugging and replugging failed to fix the issue. Now I'm told I need to pay an optional $5 protection plan fee for them to fix the problem or risk getting charged $50. Not so optional then, is it.

Further, I signed up for the e-bill process. Their system added 5 extra characters to my listed email address, so I never received the bill. They charged a late fee when I called to figure out why I never got a bill notification. They refuse to waive said late fee, even though it was their system that glitched (twice), making it impossible for me to get the bill since their system changed the email address I provided - twice, as I fixed it after the first month and then it happened again!

Will be cancelling this service soon and going back to DirecTV and AT&T for TV and internet. They may not have great customer service, but at least the actual service I'm paying for WORKS without need to constantly reboot every 10 minutes. Suddenlink is lousy internet and cable service and lousy customer service. Pick a different company if you have a choice. Pay a wee bit more for consistent connection and avoid having to deal with customer service. Oh, and the guy I just spoke to on the phone, while typing notes was groaning (I think he was mumbling, but it sounded like groaning) in a way that sounded like he was being pleasured while he was working. It was pretty gross.

Suddenlink Company Information