2.42/5

Suddenlink

The Suddenlink residential suite of services, available in the south, midwest and western parts of the United States, provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV. and voice services plus advanced home security. With broadband speeds of up to 1 gigabit, Suddenlink is the fastest broadband provider in each city it serves.

361 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

The line from the pole to my house has sagged to such a level that someone can reach up and touch it. To date, there has been no response. It's 45 miles to the nearest Suddenlink office so I don't relish a drive through town to secure what should be done over the phone. I really don't want to wait until the line is down as I am dependent upon internet service and fear that with a line down I'll be out of service for an extended period.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2019

Fairly reliable service, but terrible customer service and they will raise your bill without warning. I have had Suddenlink high speed internet for over 17 months, and it’s been within the last 7-8 months that I’ve started having these major issues with them. During the first year my internet service was pretty decent. They had fairly frequent outages within the first few months but they seemed to have buffed up the local network hardware and after that outages were few. From about month 4 to month 10 I had no major issues. However, shortly after this I started having issues logging in to my account online, which still doesn’t seem to be resolved. But I set up my account to automatically draft from my checking so it wasn’t a major issue until I had to switch banks and I couldn’t change the card linked to the account. I ended up missing a payment over it, and their collections department was very quick to call me and we switched it over the phone.

In the months following my bill raised by about $20, and during the first few months I had wondered if it was because of the missed payment, so I gave it a little time and I didn’t pursue the issue at that point. But 7 months down the line I figured it’s safe to say that wasn’t the case, so I started calling their customer service line. The first time I made a call about it I had a terrible time trying to understand the operator because of the phone connection or their equipment. It’s a small point but I find it somewhat unprofessional that a communications company would have this issue. When I explained my ongoing issue with him the best he could do to explain the issue to me was that my bill had indeed gone up, but by his words it was a: “Sort of tax to help put money into the system and get better service for everyone”. I had received no form of communication that my bill would go up, and I feel that there is something inherently wrong in that.

Additionally I was not happy with the explanation I was given so I asked to speak to a supervisor. He did EVERYTHING in his power to dissuade me from pursuing that, and tried to stall me and began to lose his temper with me. When I maintained my position he put me on hold to speak to a manager and I was there for about 3 minutes before the call was ended from their side. So, I call customer support again. This time the call is clear and the gentleman I talked to was much more upfront about what was going on. He said that this is a normal thing, and that Suddenlink will raise the price on your service by about $15 every year, up to a certain price which was not made clear.

When I stated I was not contacted about the price change and would still like to talk to a supervisor about that, and the experience of my first call he was much more compliant. And after checking with his supervisor he said they couldn’t take a call just then, but he took my name and number and said he put in a request for them to call me back. A week has passed and I have received no such call.

Additionally, they program their call system to divert calls away from operators. Today I am experiencing service outages, and in an effort to gain some clarity for why, and when to expect it to return. I called their technical support line, and an automated system confirmed there is an outage in my area, then confirmed my name and number before saying the system would send me a text when service returns, and promptly said goodbye. When I tried to call again the system said a request for text has already been put in and that they would text when service would return to normal. While I understand that this system is designed to ease the workload of the call centers it is a little frustrating to encounter, and it doesn’t make me feel valued as a customer.

Lastly, around a month ago I received a call from one of their call centers in regards to surveying customer satisfaction, which is good. It feels nice when companies make an effort to ensure customer satisfaction, however, I live in a different state than which I purchased my current phone, and when I received the call it was linked to a phone number near my hometown. When I asked the rep why they were calling my from my home state when I receive service on the other side of the country, they said “Our call centers duplicate numbers from nearby towns based on the phone linked to the account, because people are more likely to pick up for a number they’re more familiar with”.

While I might be seeming petty about it, I find it somewhat creepy. I feel that companies should be transparent with their customers, and Suddenlink does not feel that way whatsoever. I will be looking for a new internet provider in the very near future. I gave them two stars for their internet speed. It’s fast but you pay through the nose to get it.

Suddenlink response

Hello Rex! We appreciate you taking the time to share. We want to let you know that we are here to help and would be glad to further address any billing concerns, or service problems you may still be experiencing. Please feel free to message us back directly and include your full street address, or Suddenlink account number. Thanks! ^GJ

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 16, 2019

I sent in my payment to Suddenlink, just like I always do, via CHASE online payments. I received a notice from CHASE saying the check was undeliverable. When I called Suddenlink to let them know that my payment was returned, they told me to check with the post office, but they would not remove the $10 charge on my bill because my payment was in fact late. When I asked the woman if I ever had a late payment, she said no, but I still have to pay the late fee! This is not the kind of customer service that brings back repeat business! Another example of corporate greed!

Suddenlink response

Hello James! Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review. I want to let you know that we are here to help and want to make this right for you. Please do not hesitate to reach back out to us directly and include your full street address, or Suddenlink account number. Thanks! ^GJ

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 12, 2019

I ordered my original service to have 2 TV's connected and internet. When the technician came he said he couldn't find the connection to hook up the second TV in the bedroom and I would need someone else to come and run a new wire. After he left my husband and I looked in the bedroom and the connection was right behind the bedroom door. I called and another technician was sent out to connect the second TV. SuddenLink is charging me for an upgrade in service for the connection of the second TV even though it was on my original order and it was the 1st technician's fault for not finding the connection. The overcharge was a total of $32 and they will not credit my account.

If I had another choice for service I would be changing it right now. I called 4 times (first 2 said a manager would call me back to authorize my credit no call back). The 3rd said she would give me a credit (but mysteriously got disconnected). The 3rd one said no way would I get a refund and I could not talk with a Manager. I would not do service with this company if you have another choice. They are charging me for something I never ordered. I call that Robbery!

Suddenlink response

Hello Diane! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We are here to help and want to make this right for you. Please feel free to message us back directly and include your full street address, or your Suddenlink account number. Thanks! ^GJ

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 6, 2019

This service is absolutely terrible. Their technicians are incompetent and don’t care about you. I was setting up internet in my parents’ new house for them while I was visiting. I work from home so it is VITAL I have internet connection. After arguing with customer service for a long time (they had come by before and didn’t install the internet properly), I finally got it set up. I live in a different city, so when I got home I realized my service was disconnected. I called up Suddenlink and found that they connected MY INTERNET PLAN to my parents house.

I then spent the next morning and afternoon trying to get it fixed. Now they tell me I have to wait THREE DAYS to get my internet back up. No “I’m sorry this is completely our fault”, no offers to make it up, not even an offer to not charge me for the days I don’t have internet. I attend school as well as work from home, so now that’s three days I don’t get paid and don’t get to eat, as well as unfinished college work. These people do NOT care about their customers whatsoever and if I could freaking switch providers I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Suddenlink response

Hello Bri! We appreciate you taking the time to comment. We want to let you know that we are here to help and would be glad to further address this matter with you and assist you with any other concerns you may have. Please feel free to message us back directly and include your full address, or Suddenlink account number. Thanks! ^GJ

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have had service with Suddenlink for 1 week today. After an entire day of installation the installer ran down my mailbox and left. Now I have experienced multiple outages and the best answer anyone at this place can give is we can send a tech out in 9 days, in the middle of a work day. Are you kidding me! If you don't have Suddenlink beware, they are a huge ripoff. If you do have them I'm sorry for your luck. I will be contacting whomever I can to get some sort of resolution for all of this. Completely disappointed and disgusted by this company.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have been a customer of Suddenlink Link for over 10+ years and let me tell you that I have NEVER experienced the worst customer service ever!!! The call center customer service lies, lies, lies and is so RUDE that I finally had to go to the Suddenlink office in town to get some help. I honestly don't know why Suddenlink doesn't deal with their customer service department after reading all the reviews and with the experience I just had.

We are in the process of building a garage and NEEDED them to come out to connect a line from the pole to our house in the midst of this construction as we had already been without the internet for 3 days because of their errors. Simple right? WRONG!!! My husband's business depends on the internet and when the technician did not show up on its appointed day and time, we were promised they would come out the following day....so we sat around all day long and they didn"t show up.

What was worse, I called Suddenlink later that day and was told a technician came out, but they did not. So we called Suddenlink again with the only number we have which is the call center and the agent "Gail" was so rude, I could not believe she was talking like that to a customer. Not only did she tell our contractor that she could not get a tech out that same day, her snide remark of "It is what it is" was uncalled for. Then We asked to speak to the manager and was told that she was not in. As far as the "supervisor" we spoke to "Debbie" she was just as rude. She was yelling at my contractor, and told us there was "nothing she could do" to get someone out that day.

So after 4 calls to Suddenlink, I finally drove 30 minutes to town to see if I could get some help. I finally was able to get the technician out here on the Friday before the holiday, but it was so stressful just getting to that point. Suddenlink you need to revamp your call center employees and read the reviews you are getting because of them. THEY ARE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENTS!!!! So even when you call back and talk to someone who you think is sympathetic with you, beware! They tell you only what they want to hear, promise that they will have someone call you withing a 30 minute time frame and that never happens. Beware!!! Suddenlink is a joke!!!!

Original review: June 26, 2019

The cost of service is high. The customer service is terrible. Long waits on phone. Too many levels on the automated service. They charge to make a payment with live person. DO NOT CHOOSE THIS CO.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I have been trying for over a year to just simply get service. I used to have service with Suddenlink but because I built behind the location I lived in previously I was then considered un-serviceable. I have called multiple times, had 5-6 different techs come out ready to install and all tell me that I need to call a different department. We have already run our wire, run the conduit, we just need the wire run to our pole. Our neighbor next door has Suddenlink and their pole is 15 ft away from ours and we can't get service, until I finally spoke to someone in the right department. They tell me I have to pay for an installation of the tap. They work up a cost to build. It was just a little over $1500.00. I wanted time to think about it and discuss it with my husband to see exactly what our needs were.

I called back about 2 months later and I get the WHOLE Circus again. Multiple people knowing nothing. I give them my account number by which was given by a Suddenlink tech that said, "Give this number when you call." They cannot find me, transfer me all over and nobody knows anything! I find the number to the man that set up the cost to build the first time, call him and now to my surprise, the price is now $2,700. If this is how I am treated now and I haven't even had service with them in over a year, I can't even imagine getting any help when we need it after spending $2700 to get the service in the first place. I sure hope Amazon comes out with their satellite service soon, because I will promote them and be their first customer and I won't have to beg for their service.

Original review: June 22, 2019

This was the last message that we sent to Suddenlink after our internet and phone were out of service nearly constantly for three months then we were told the lineman wouldn't be out for 11 days. Now they won't return our phone calls at all:

1.) My wife is terminally ill. I am an OTR truck driver. She cannot be without phone service. We CANNOT wait 11 days for your repair truck to arrive.

2.) I own and operate my own small trucking company. My wife handles still handles the billing and payroll for the company. Our business is heavily reliant on internet, email and fax, none of which are working now. Once again, we CANNOT wait 11 days to have this repaired.

ENOUGH! Either you can provide what you advertise, or you cannot. If you cannot, I'm sure your competitors can. If anything happens to my wife while our communication is out, the next contact you receive will be from my attorney. We are in West Virginia, so our provider choices are nearly non existent. If you live here, or are planning on relocating here, invest in a HAM radio so you can actually have emergency communication. These jokers are nothing but thieves.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We have been Suddenlink customers for almost 20 years. Recently my email accounts have had a block put on outgoing mail because I use a VPN for security and the IP address that I sent ONE outgoing message from wasn't a Suddenlink recognized Address. So I tried using the chat service which is useless. It's automated and is no help if you have a real problem. So I called the help line which is not much better. It's automated and all it wants to do is help you reset your modem.

When you finally get in touch with an attendant (in India) they are friendly and willing to help but they also want to check your modem. If you have a real problem they stumble through trying to figure out what the problem is and both times I have had this problem they have had to send an email up the chain to their supervisor and then call me back. I asked if I could talk to someone local in the United States and that was like asking to talk to the Easter Bunny. Suddenlink loves to take your payment but you better not ask for help. If there was another broadband provider in my area I would drop Suddenlink in a second.

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have never been treated so poorly as a new customer. Suddenlink has taken so much of my time from me, drug me through the mud, rudely spoken to me, provided repeated misinformation and the list goes on. The lack of service and common decency afforded to me by Suddenlink is unfounded. And to make matters worse, no one is willing to fix it. I am beyond disgusted.

I've been attempting to obtain service through Suddenlink for the last 3 weeks. They recently built out a Fiber network throughout my neighborhood. Their system keeps showing my address as serviceable even though it clearly is not. They have scheduled multiple appts for installation techs and construction teams to remedy the situation. (In total, close to 10.) Each of those appts has either been a no show with no call, Showed up only to tell me my address isn't serviceable or cancelled the appt. Each of these times I have been taking time out of my day to be available for either their 4 hour service window or all day for the construction teams.

I've ask on multiple occasions to speak with a Supervisor who can tell me what the hell is going on and they either fumble the call back and forth never connecting me, tell me one will call me back within 24 hours (none do) or put on their buddies who claim to be a supervisor and again do nothing to solve the problem or provide me with any useful information. This company is a plague and it appears they're alright with that. The Lead I spoke with who stated her name was Samantha ** (Which I'm sure is a fake name) stated she was the "Supervisor" proceeded to tell me I'm not important because I am not "yet" a customer. She commended Suddenlink and their efforts for attempting to provide me with service - totally ignoring the fact that 1. I still don't have service, 2. This charade could have been avoided completely if they have good information in their system. 3. and mostly importantly - they've taken up tons of my time!

It's not easy to sit and wait for someone to come out within a 4 hour window - that's a big window. But I've done it nearly 10 times!!! And their stance is they don't feel they've inconvenienced me at all. I just want the situation acknowledged and rectified but Suddenlink is lacking any sort of authority or employee with a conscience, moral compass, common sense or decency. Since I have not given them a dollar yet - I am able to be treated like **. Well, good riddance - You'll never have a single dollar from me.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Subscribers for 12 years. We moved, so cancelled. We had to pay through the next billing cycle for a whole 6 days of service. They then tried to bill us for an extra month. After much time on the phone, they removed the additional month charge and we paid for the month that we only used for 6 days. Now, we have gotten charged at $0 late fee. For a bill that was never late. They won't waive it. We have spent hours on the phone. They have also been paid by the new owner of our house, so double dipping. They have been awful the whole time. In retrospect, I would go with Dish or Frontier or something. Do not sign on with these people.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have been using Suddenlink for a year now only because it's the only service available here. It never fails our internet will go down on a Friday night and does come back up till a Monday morning or afternoon. This happens every weekend. Ask them to reimburse some money and got back two dollars. Yes it stinks to have sit all weekend no internet. Also it hinders my son who is in college trying to get his papers wrote and do homework. My opinion Suddenlink is a thief. They take your money each month and you only get 3 or 4 days service a week yet we paid for a month. SUDDENLINK IS STEALING MONEY.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I have been a customer for over 2 years, paying my bill every month. I noticed my internet was not what it should be so I called and was told I was being charged for speeds not available in my area. It was supposed to be adjusted. Still my internet was not up to speed so I called again. This time a tech came out after two tries. The tech informed me we had a modem that was not up to the speeds we were paying for. He installed a new modem. Now Suddenlink will not adjust my bill and credit me for the difference in what I was paying for and what I was getting.

Original review: June 12, 2019

3 service calls later Suddenlink has failed to send out a tech to fix our internet. We have been a loyal paying customer for 13 years and they recently started contracting all their tech people out since they were bought out by Altice. They claim you're supposed to get up to 400 mb, but if you check you're lucky if you're getting above 4 which is what we're at. If more than one person is streaming a video somewhere in the house it shuts everyone down and it didn't use to be like this till recently. I've had one tech here a month ago almost who said the issue was on their pole and their line and they'd be back to fix it. After 3 no shows of different appointments, not even a call after you sit around your house all day waiting, it's clear they have zero concerns if they retain customers. I even drove 45 minutes to their main office and got treated horribly in person when I was trying to be a calm rational person. It is simply mind boggling.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Called to get cable fixed. They told me no problem as long as they do not have to replace any wires in house etc. They did not. The issue was in THEIR equipment. The tech told us, no charge as well. Bill arrives and there is a 65.70 charge on it. Spent the last 4 days fighting with them, having them tell me that my word as the customer meant NOTHING. They has to take the word of the LTING TECH who put something down that did not happen on the call. Disgusting. Cannot get Xfinity here, they have the monopoly here where I am, so I am stuck either paying super high dish price or getting price gouged by these liars. They should be banned from operating in the U.S.

Original review: June 10, 2019

I changed companies and went to Suddenlink years ago so I could save money! The very first bill I got was for a ridiculous amount of $250!! I was never told during the setup that this would be the cost to switch over. I immediately called and I was told the amount was because of the time of the month my service was started! What?! That is completely unacceptable! I should've gone to another company then but I thought I would give it a chance! I lost service on May 30 2019 around 11:30 pm so I immediately called to report it and got an appointment for the next day. The service tech called on Friday, left a message and said he was on the way but I never saw him and he didn't leave a call back number. His 'supervisor' called and said he was at my house but he wasn't. I made sure she had the right address and described someone else's house but he was at the wrong residence.

The 'super' said she would take care of it. I never saw him or got a call back from anyone. I spent 5 hours on the phone Friday May 31 talking to different reps, getting cut off and never getting a call back! I made sure the rep had my number in case the call dropped so they could call back! They never did! Somehow my ticket was cancelled so they had to write another one. I couldn't get another appointment until Tues June 4! It was a terrible experience and I will be looking for a better company to deal with. I feel like these cable companies have a monopoly and don't care about customer satisfaction in the least! The only reason I have stayed with them is because of the service tech named Lee. He has always been very reliable, courteous and makes repairs quickly. Thank God Lee was also here for this repair! He is the best thing about the company but I'm done! Period!!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I subscribe to internet service only. First year as a new customer charged $40 for 100 MBPS with a 250 GB cap. Viewed plenty of shows from Netflix & Hulu, and surfed internet on 2 computers. This year there was an increase of $150 more a year yet I am coming up short on how many shows I can view. I have been monitoring it for 2 months now, and the last 2 days I watched only 1 45 minute show and on Suddenlink site it said my data usage was 8.5 GB used. Something is not adding up. If they are downsizing that's one thing but to charge me $150 more to take away data usage is totally unfair. I'm in North Central Arkansas. Has anyone else experienced this?

Original review: June 8, 2019

The internet speed I was paying for was never even close to being provided, it was a true waste of money. As soon as I had an alternative I decided to switch. When I called to cancel my service I was told that service would end on the requested date and that I would get a refund for the unused portion of the month. Turns out that was a bunch of BS. I checked after the day of the supposed shut off and I still showed to have service on the website. Contacted customer support and was told that the previous rep "misinformed" me and that I would have to pay for the remainder of the month regardless.

Getting even that info out of them was like pulling teeth out of an angry and pregnant tiger. And the experience of trying to cancel my service was just as bad, on top of getting lied to I had to sit on the phone for an hour listening to all these retention questions and then all these magical offers they could now offer me to keep me: half price service, half price service and one month free, half month service and two months free. Etc. If you could offer me such a sweet deal when I want to leave all you accomplished was making me feel like I was getting even more ripped off. To all potential Suddenlink customers: DO NOT DO IT!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

We moved to Parker, AZ on May 1. Suddenlink came to hook up Wi-Fi same day. This person came to hook up the Wi-Fi the same day. I had not been able to locate the cord for my computer before he got here, so I asked him what I should do. He said he would be back to hook it up. I was able to locate the cord and the next day I called for him to come back out and finish his work. Now I get a bill charging me with a $ 60.00 service charge, even the installer said it was not a service call. I spoke with a rep on the inside and she said that they couldn't do anything about it cause it was classed as a service call. Not happy with this service. Will call to speak with a manager but will NOT recommend this company to anyone else.

Original review: June 5, 2019

If you want a television picture that flashes colors, gets stuck, and misses dialogue, this company is for you. If you want internet that goes in and out, this company is for you. If you think you want to save money, by bundling, this one is for you because all 3 services go out at once. If you want a company where you have to wait online forever, punch 5000 buttons, and then get told you need to call someone else IF you ever can get a person, this is the company for you. Then they tell you they can’t give you credit for poor service, because you didn’t call-in to report it. This company is awful.

Original review: June 4, 2019

The worst company I have ever dealt with. Upon closing my account, their return instructions were nebulous at best. I returned all equipment in the same box. Now, they say I didn't return some? I have called them multiple times and upon a significantly long hold time, no help or answers are given. I am told, "Someone will get back to you." Of course no one does, and I have to repeat the process. Now my account has been sent to collections, even though they said it would not until this problem is resolved. In my opinion, this company is dishonest, mediocre quality, and has the most reprehensible customer service department. If I could afford the negative impact to my credit score, I would not even think about paying this false bill.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been a loyal customer now for 12 years. In this 12 year period the bill increases and at times month to month. I called yesterday 6/4/2019 and spoke to a woman with a outside of country accent and the only explanation I could get is that my promotion of previous billing statements had expired and as of now they were not having any promotions. I had a DVR (basic Channels) and Wifi (Bare minimum data). I turned in the DVR and received a basic black box with programmed channels and now my billing statement is now 172.50 a month! This is what happens each month or year you have Suddenlink as a provider. This company can never really explain the higher rates either when my service stays the same. Whatever happened to loyal customer, on time payments getting great service? Or do they hope you become a loyal customer who pays the bill on time so they can keep increasing knowing that you will pay anyways?

I have been a loyal customer now for 12 years. In this 12 year period the bill increases and at times month to month. I called yesterday 6/4/2019 and spoke to a woman with a outside of country accent and the only explanation I could get is that my promotion of previous billing statements had expired and as of now they were not having any promotions. I had a DVR (basic Channels) and Wifi (Bare minimum data). I turned in the DVR and received a basic black box with programmed channels and now my billing statement is now 172.50 a month! This is what happens each month or year you have suddenlink as a provider. This company can never really explain the higher rates either when my service stays the same. Whatever happened to loyal customer, on time payments getting great service? Or do they hope you become a loyal customer who pays the bill on time so they can keep increasing knowing that you will pay anyway

Original review: June 4, 2019

Suddenlink is far and away the worst company to deal with. Their customer service is far and away the worst service I have gotten from a provider. It all started from the moment I signed up for service on April 9th, 2019 I was quoted $71.50 a month which included equipment and taxes for up to 400Mbs speed. Not even close. I ran a speed test from their site and it is 8 png, 4.68 download and 13.72 upload because it was running too slow. Unbelievable. Are you kidding me? I refuse. I had a promotion coupon that they were running until April 15th with free installation and activation fee.

I only signed up for internet service because I am barely am at home so I don’t need cable if I am not going to use it. I took the offer from Suddenlink because there is no annual contract plus if I was not happy with their service there is a 30 day money-back guarantee. This was a SCAM and a JOKE. Unfortunately that didn't work. I get my first bill. Instead of it being $71.50 my bill was $114.02. They have charge me for installation/activation fees.

I called on May 1st. Spoke to the rep Ashmed. He said he was not authorized to waive the fees and they were no notes on there to waive it but before he can help me that I needed to pay the $114.02. Unbelievable. Can’t talk to me on a bill I am questioning the charge on!!! So I did. So he told me he is going to escalated to a Supervisor which I should hear from them within 24 hours. No calls were done. Technical support was also useless and they tried to charge me $25 to send a Technician to my house to see why the internet was so slow.

I called back on May 13th. Spoke to rep Rachael. She again told me after explaining the situation she was not authorize to do the waive of the charges of installation/activation fee that she had to escalate to a Supervisor again. I would receive a phone call within 24 hours. No calls whatsoever. I am pissed and frustrated but they have the nerve to charge me late fees for nonpayment. I get a bill for $164.10. Oh by this point I am angry.

I called back June 3rd. I spoke to rep Michael. I explain to him about the issue and that I have already called previous twice and it has not been resolve. He told me that he couldn’t discuss my bill or make any correction on my bill until I pay the balance on my account. I told him HELL NO. I am not falling for that crap again. He was an idiot. He kept repeating to me that I need to pay my account. I refused several times. He just kept repeating the same crap over and over. What kind of rep they have working for them? Half of the time you cannot understand what the hell they are saying.

After demanding to speak to a Supervisor more than 3 times I was finally transferred. I refuse again. Finally he said he will transfer me to a Supervisor. I told him don’t try to even get another rep to pretend there are the Supervisor. I get a so called Supervisor named Kevin according to what he said his name was. After explain again the situation he says he cannot help me that he would have to transfer me to Sales Dept because it was their error when I got it install that they will waive the installation and that they had given me a $10 discount already. God help me! So I get the Sales Dept. A rep named John gets my call. I explain to him about the situation. At this point I am about to scream.

John tells me that there are no notes were made concerning my installation/activation fees being waived. I explain about the coupon promotion. He told me that since he couldn’t do anything about it because he didn’t have the coupon in front of him to determine if he can waive it or not that I needed to pay the balance to proceed. I refuse and told him that I wanted to disconnect my services. John tells me he has to transfer me to the Billing Dept because he is not able to disconnect my services which all this time I been trying to get but the automated won’t transfer me to a live person for Billing and I refuse to make a payment so the automated disconnects my calls and tells me to try again later because I didn’t respond correctly. Lord helps me!

So I get the Billing Dept. At this point I am speaking to a 4th rep from Suddenlink. I spoke to Mandy and she ask me why I was disconnecting service. I explain to her all that has happen for the last couple of weeks. Mandy tells me that is unacceptable and that she looked the promotion that was running in April and that it had free installation and no activation fee so to keep me as a customer that she can give me a $40 discount but she cannot refund all the late charges that has been apply to it but that she can escalated and write notation to let them know the issue that I have gone through to see if I can get all those charges waived but she couldn’t guarantee that they would reimbursed me for them.

Mandy tells me to make sure I make a payment before any more late charges be apply to my account and if they reimburse me for the charges that they will apply it to my next bill on my account at this moment I have to decide if I want to continue with internet services with a provider that doesn’t value as a customer. I cannot even explain how I feel right now with the hassle I had to deal with Suddenlink being a new customer.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I've had Suddenlink for about 2 years now. They like to charge you money for things you return. If you have an issue good luck getting through to customer support. I called in this morning to cancel my account and I have been on hold for 25 minutes just waiting for someone in the billing department to answer the phone at 9 am. I find this absolutely ridiculous.

While I waited I browsed to this website in hopes they would answer the phone so I could give them some sort of review that didn't slam them. Considering the call ended up taking 30 minutes for them to pick up I managed to type up plenty. Once I got on the phone with them I hit a area that had poor coverage and had to sit there as the tech asked if I was there a few times before hanging up... All the while I'm screaming at my cell phone I'm here. Worst company to do business with and your basically forced to use them depending on where you live.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I am paying for speeds of up to 400Mbs. Not even close. I just ran a speedtest from their site and it is 8 png, 4.68 download and 13.72 upload. Are you kidding me? Technical support is useless. They did a restart, which did not improve the speed. Then they tell me that they can send a technician out for $25 fee to check the equipment and the line. Are you kidding me??? THEY installed the service, the equipment is THEIRS, the cables are THEIRS. Why am I paying a monthly equipment fee but they charge to maintain their equipment? If it was mine, I could understand. Absolutely ridiculous. And to top it all off, they don't even speak English.

Original review: May 29, 2019

TiVo not working. I unplugged mini TiVo because my sound was having issues going off for a second every few seconds. When plugged back in it said I had no internet connection. Customer Service could not figure it out. So I have to wait 6 days for a repairman. Today is Tuesday and no one can come before Monday. Really!!

Original review: May 29, 2019

Suddenlink is far and away the worst company to deal with. Their customer service is far and away the worst on the planet. It all started from the moment I signed up for service. I only signed up for internet because this was a temporary residence, as I took a job in another city which was supposed to last 1 year. I was told I could receive the channels through the internet through my service at my primary home. Unfortunately that didn't work. The day after my internet service was hooked up I called back in to add TV service. they told me that I couldn't get the package price for combining service because I was no longer a new customer. 24 hours later I was not a new customer?

Through 4 different phone calls over a weeks time plus 2 visits to the Suddenlink store they agreed to allow me to have cable service, but I could only get as they called it the old service, they couldn't let me have the new better quality service and DVR because I was not a new customer. When the bill arrived it was double what I was quoted. I paid the Bill and started to try to get the amount settled. Exactly 3 months after getting service, but job transferred me back to my home town, so I packed up all of my equipment and returned it to the store and the reps at the store confirmed that my service is cancelled. 2 months later I received a bill for services. They never cancelled my service but they did log in my forwarding address.

I called only to be told that they couldn't cancel my service, that someone would have to call me to cancel. One week later no call from Suddenlink. I just called them now and they said I am currently on a non payment disconnect and they can't stop service unless I pay the amount for the past 2 months with no service or wait 15 more days until it charges off and then I can call and request a credit. That is not acceptable so they transferred me to billing and I have been on hold for 28 minutes. This is absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever experienced.

I recommend you research every other option on the planet before you do any business with Suddenlink. If they took over where I currently live I would sell my house and move to another area that did not have Suddenlink. Avoid them at all costs, you will regret it. To finish this review, I just finished a 61 minute phone call and my service has finally been canceled thanks to a rep named Elissa in tech support and she contacted both Stephanie and Shannon in other departments (Retention) and they are the ones to get this resolved. I'm finally done with Suddenlink.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I am appalled this company is even still in business. I am moving to an area where this is literally the only option. If going without internet were an option, I would do that over paying for service from Suddenlink. I went onto their website and attempted to sign up for service only to find the website doesn't work on Google Chrome. I can get to a page where you have to input your address, but it won't do anything from there. So I opened up the awful Microsoft Edge to see if it worked there; it did.

However, when I input the address of the house which I just purchased as a residential property (and it is listed as such in every database I can find), it says it is a business address and the webpage will not further help. It provides a number to call for support, but guess what... IT'S CLOSED. I realize it's a holiday (Memorial Day), but no other major company is closed today, so how does Suddenlink get away with this? Not servicing their customers on a non-major holiday? Ridiculous. I loathe the idea of ever having to do business with them.

Suddenlink Company Information