2.03/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Suddenlink

The Suddenlink residential suite of services, available in the south, midwest and western parts of the United States, provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV. and voice services plus advanced home security. With broadband speeds of up to 1 gigabit, Suddenlink is the fastest broadband provider in each city it serves.

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

475 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

9/11 I received a "urgent message" on my PC advising me that I needed to get my Sept Payment in. I called 2 of the posted numbers for customer service & both gave me a message, "The number you have reached is not in service." The 3rd number I found on their website worked & waited 34 minutes to talk to a human being. I advised I mailed my check on the 31st of Aug. and it cleared my bank on the 4th of Sept. - Cust Service asked for my bank info & check #- I provided enough & was advised that it would be researched. Not to worry. One final note, I went on my account with SL and found I don't have any balance due & I have no previous payments even though I've never missed a payment in over 3 years... What's with these folks?

Today, I received an notice advising me that they needed more info. SL required copies of the front & back of my cancelled check. I contacted my bank and was advised SL ran my check as an electronic payment. The check was not returned to my bank. Is that crooked or what? They hammer my check then most likely shred it, & now want a copy of the cancelled check which they KNOW doesn't exist.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Well, the cycle date changeup and a fraud on my bank account caused a single NSF draft after 5 years of loyal patronage. No worries my friends! Suddenlink customer service to the rescue! NOT. They were very nice and syrupy thanking me for my years of loyal service with no payment issues and even for the wireline service add on I pay with grace. But OH NO the $30 nsf feed "cannot be waived under any circumstances because the issue was not on their end".

Not one to beg, I explained the situation and we both acknowledged the issue was resolved immediately with no ill will. But not possible to "waive" that fee or even throw me a service credit to offset or reduce the net. Recommended I CALL (what a joke and be on hold for 2 hours) or even go to a store in person where they STILL would not be able to "waive" that fee but maybe, just maybe would authorize some kind of credit to make amends. It WAS my fault...but there is not another service provider out there who would pass on this opportunity to show a little good will and work something out to keep a happy and loyal customer. Hello, DirecTV...

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Three and a half hours on the phone today. I called to adjust my services. One person gave me a deal with new codes. The box went blank but she said it could be 5 minutes. I waited 20 and called back. Was told my codes were correct and my 2 boxes were damaged somehow. I got the same answer repeatedly, I would have to wait until next Wednesday...a week! I asked for a supervisor. I was told there was nothing that could be done but I could wait. About every 10 minutes he would repeat his spiel encouraging me to give up. I kept replying if I couldn't speak to someone else I would call back and cancel my account.

Finally someone new came on to tell me the same thing. I asked why if codes were changed by an employee why couldn't codes be changed again to reset my boxes. That it was ridiculous to think both boxes stopped getting a signal at the same time after an employee changed the codes! This new guy said he would send my info to IT, told me I'd get a callback. Lo and behold tv returned in 5 minutes, called back in 45 minutes to check on cable. Lesson learned...if it takes 3 1/2 hours to get satisfaction don't give up! I was willing to stick with it for another 3 1/2 hours if I had to. Don't accept poor customer service!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Three months I have been attempting to get Suddenlink to correct get their service working for me. They dropped my email access, upped my prices every year (when I complaint, told me I need to renegotiate every year as they automatically raise my price if I don't). Asked them to fix my phone so I could choice the options they offered (well that resulted in a total loss of phone service for two months). Told them I could not get on the internet and then sent out a tech and once he found out I had my own modem blamed it on that and left.

Another two weeks until I can get another tech out who actually found the fault in their lines. Of course they billed me for the service call. Again I called and asked about being about to use my phone options, now for five days I cannot access my account or email. How does a company exist giving this abominable service? Basically they have a monopoly. If I can ever change to an honest service it won't take me long.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

My internet would not work right for three months. I call Suddenlink just about every week to try to get it fixed. I also asked that they credit my account for the lose of the service and was told that that would be done once they got my internet back up and working. Finally they got my internet working. Not at the speed it should be but I can get by. So I called them to see how much they were going to credit my account. I was told that because it was over 30 days that it would have to be approved by a supervisor. As I had not heard anything I called back today and was told that the last time they had a record of me calling in was on January the 2nd and that he had no records of any of what I was telling him. After being on hold for 37 minutes, I was told there was nothing he could do.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I have not received a September bill from Suddenlink. I usually receive a statement by email around the 5th. I tried to get on my Suddenlink account online. It stated they were down for upgrading. I waited a few days past the completion date stated in their email. I called and requested a statement be sent to me. I was told I should receive one in about 5 days. Still have not received one. Went online and it showed there was a zero balance. Called again. Was told there would be an exceptional waiting time. Went online on the 16th. Account still showed a zero balance. I decided to pay the same amount as what I paid last month. A payment error stated there was an issue processing the payment. So I decided to pay with a credit card. Payment Error again.

I called 888-822-5151 to pay the bill that way. After I gave them my info I was told that a payment had been made in the last 24 hours. I checked the bank and a payment had been authorized. Checked with my credit card and a payment had been authorized. I wonder how hard it will be to get one of those back. I tried contacting ** that only goes back to this site. I have never seen a company that was as rude. From local office employees, phone, email. Lots of hours on phone were of no help. There needs to be a way to get service from a company this size.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

If I could rate negative stars, I would gladly do so. Customer service is abysmal. As I write this review, I've been on hold for almost two hours. When I finally get to talk to someone, I get transferred and put on hold again. This company is just awful. My service has been out for almost two weeks and no one at Suddenlink cares.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

My dad lived in Oklahoma and because of medical issues moved him home with me. I packed up the Suddenlink equipment by mistake. They sent him a bill for $600 and said he has a time frame to pay. Within a few days he received a letter from a collection agency. I got an address to send the equipment back and they received the package (sent via Fedex and they had to sign for it) and a few days after they received the package with the equipment they sent him another bill for the equipment that we sent back and they received. I tried for 2 weeks to get a hold of someone in customer service and nothing.

I finally had to online chat with someone. They are sending it to their research department. We will see if they find the equipment or if they send him another bill stating that he still owes for equipment that they have. My dad paid for a month in advance and when he cancelled his service they stated that they don't do refunds and thanks for the money. They would not give him back his almost $200 that he prepaid. This company likes to rip off their senior citizens. So disgusted with this company.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

They provide very poor service at a premium price. Their techs (in WV) are contractors and poorly trained. Calls (be prepared for a cumbersome computer-driven Q&A session followed by a very, very long wait on hold before you speak with a human) are outsourced to India. The call center will make appointments and credit promises that the company will not keep. If you review them through Google, they (likely a bot) will reply with an email address you can write to for help. Write away, but don't expect any reply. If you have any other options available to you other than Suddenlink, do yourself a favor and try them first.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

DO NOT use these services. Have had only a few months and from the first day, I have had nothing but problems, from technicians, customer service, etc. I have been now trying to cancel my services for a month and keep getting passed around to all kinds of departments. No one is helping. I have been on hold for over an hour on multiple occasions with no resolutions. Again, do not use.

Suddenlink Company Information