Suddenlink

Compare Internet Service Providers

Research top Internet Service Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I just switched to Suddenlink and I've got calls on upgrading my service plus one call that asked me to purchase more data because my account was going over. Well I got in touch with Suddenlink and they said that I was getting scammed. So my personal information was hacked from their servers. They would not agree or deny the fact that my information was hacked. They simply said it happened. That's out of control, very disappointed and now I'm on edge because my information has been compromised. Awful customer service and on top of it the hacking of my account. I hope people see this before their information isn't hacked like mine was.

June 27, 2017 at 4:55pm I had to go pick up a new HD box because the area I live in became encrypted. I live in an apartment complex where the cable is free. So I went to our local office to pick up said box that's is mandatory in order to continue viewing the free cable, at the office I'm assisted by Marla ** who's suppose to be the manager or supervisor not sure. Marla asked me for my name and address that's all then asked me how many boxes I need. I said I needed 3 because that's how many cable TVs we have. She then scans the boxes and I leave. No other information is exchanged. So literally 2 days pass and I'm sent a bill. I call a call center for questions on said bill cause you can't call your local office. I'm told that I'm being charged for the boxes which I feel I should of been told of the charge at the time that I was picking up the boxes.

I then go to google and several of my fellow neighbors and ask about their bills. Which they never received. Well apparently the HD boxes are free for 2 years. So I thought I was good maybe a misprint on the bill. Well come home from work yesterday 8/8/2017 and guess what no cable. No cable in my apartment that has free cable because I was cut off over a box that Suddenlink said I had to have because they needed to be in some type of regulation in my area. So I call again to yet another call center where I'm told I'm being charged actually for the third box. Which again was never told to me that I needed to pay for.

Another thing that bothers me is I never consented to Suddenlink to use my social security number or old account information. Had I known that these new boxes we needed because of the upgrade I wouldn't of taken the boxes. I would of went to Dish since I'm a longstanding customer of AT&T and it's free for me to add Dish to my account. Nobody at Suddenlink offered to help me since their representatives were in the wrong for not communicating with their customers about the charges for these boxes.

I went to the local office and returned the third box which was never used all everyone kept saying to me was sorry there's nothing I can do for you. Marla at the local office actually had the nerve to question me why I asked for 3 boxes and why I didn't pay my bill. She never apologized to me for not better assisting me and actually telling me what she was trained to do. I spoke to 2 different supervisors and they weren't able to pass along any correct information which is part of their job, and I have to pay for their ignorance and laziness.

Had I been informed that I would have to pay right away for the third box I would of never taken it. I'm a single mother getting my children ready for school, I didn't need this extra expense. I'm trying to clean my credit up and I didn't want any new accounts opened in my name and Suddenlink opened the account without even a signature or even my verbal consent. But then again there's nothing no one can do for me...

I have been a paying client of Suddenlink for 2.5 yrs since moving to Missouri. I have had internet issues for 2.5 years. I was told my computer was outdated and slow for service. I did not believe them but they refused to move forward with checking my complaint. I bought new computer with faster CPU and more memory. You guessed it, no change. I was then told it was my router, again I invested in new equipment and yep no change. Then I was told it was my modem and Suddenlink had discovered that having phone, TV and internet in one modem was not providing satisfactory internet. They gave me a separate modem, jumper wire and splitter and ask me to change it. I installed the new equipment and after 2 months my problem was back. Repeated calls gave the same response as many I have read, reboot your modem. Well, three to four times a day is not reliable nor satisfactory service.

I decided to drop my speed back to 50mb and changed my service. I was told I would be on plan that was $69.95 a month. I explained that my last change I was screwed by Suddenlink as I turned in my equipment as told on the day before my billing was changing cycle. Well they took the equipment and said my next bill would be $78 with taxes, etc. It came at $162. I called and like many the billing were rude and said I should have canceled before. I explained the local office told me how to do it and called from their office and was assured by billing rep that bill would be adjusted. I checked online and the bill was $230 for the next month, when I ask they said do not worry they had it adjusted and I owed $78. Just ignore internet. I made online payment of $78.

The next month it was $302 and again. I was told to pay only $102 for the correct amount. Even though I could not follow their logic and billing "madeoff-enron" method of accounting, I again paid online amount told. I went on vacation and put my account on auto payment, you guessed it. I was charged $312 dollars that month. I just had them out again today at 2 pm for bad connection and the tech said the issue was bad connectors from the original install. I am now hoping that their service holds long enough to watch streaming shows and let me use the internet without reboots every 4 hours.

I have sent this letter to the Missouri State Attorney General office of Consumer Affairs and asking that they take action against Suddenlink. They promote fastest speed and reliability and provide neither. Having owned my own business for 30 years I can not understand their half ass approach to customer service and the rudeness that is tolerated by their employees to paying customer by corporate. I have conclude this business model is because they are in areas many other providers are not. They appear to pick and choose rate plans they feel are appropriate for that day.

I hope that you read this lengthy encounter with Suddenlink and shop for any other source for the services you need. I am currently canceling my entire service and going to a competitor that offers me the same for $70 a month, no contract and guarantee the rate for 3 years. What's up Suddenlink? You do not care about loyal consumers and their needs? Suddenlink does not give you a copy of the service ticket nor the number. I ask for an email receipt, which should be just minutes after the service but has yet to arrive, 9:40 pm. I went to their local office and they could not give me information regarding the service today. What is Suddenlink trying to hide? They never replied to my email request for service and just said in an automated reply, "Call us." Like sure, then be told by rude representative to reset my modem again!!! I ask 4 times for tech service and only got it when I went directly to the local office.

I am writing to complain about Suddenlink Business, and their policies. My account number is **. Over three years ago, I made the mistake of signing a contract with suddenlinkbusiness.com, to save an installation fee. When my business went out of business, I was stuck with a punishing cancellation fee. However, since I was moving to another place of business, a motel that I had inherited, Suddenlink Business agreed to transfer the service, avoiding that outrageous cancellation fee. Later, when I moved into my permanent residence, Suddenlink Business again agreed to transfer the service, apparently happy to simply continue collecting $75 a month. The long and short of it is that for three long years I paid $75 a month for a service that would be inadequate for any business. The upload and download speeds were too slow for either business or home use.

Finally, I figured the three years should be up, and called Suddenlink Business at 1-800-490-9604. The lady on the other end of the line informed me that I was just going month-to-month. At that time, I scheduled my Suddenlink Business line to be disconnected, well over a month before my next bill was due. In the process of setting up my new service, the Suddenlink Residential service technician had already disconnected the Suddenlink Business line the week before, and taken the equipment back to the local office in Many, Louisiana. Yet, the following week, I received another bill from Suddenlink Business.

When I called Suddenlink Business to inform them of this mistake, the operator was both unwilling and unable to make any corrections. Her attitude, which I assume she gets from the corporate management of Suddenlink Business, was basically, "This is the way it is, this is the way we've always done it, I can't help you with anything." She interrupted me, and talked over me in her attempts to assert her authority. That customer service representative needs to be retrained, and reminded that she is not a bureaucrat at the Department of Motor Vehicles. Personally, I would not recommend Suddenlink Business to anyone who has any other choice at all. The entire organization is unorganized, from their website to their technicians, and from the billing department to their customer service. If Suddenlink Business can't communicate between their own departments, how on earth can they offer a good communication service to the public?

This company is like the mob. They called me 3 times a day for 3 months before I asked to be put on the no call list. I wanted the unlimited data they were selling, but they didn't offer it in my area. Why could they not get that? My big problem is with their pricing. There is no pricing standard. My mom has the 100mb link for $55. One sister is paying $96 for 100mb and cable and phone. My other sister is paying $86 for just a 100mb link. I'm paying $69 for a 100mb link. None of us are new. And we vary in time as a customer from 1.5 years to 8 years. Why such a disparity between us as customers?

I started Googling it and found that many people are paying $59 for a 200mb link. Yet others are crying because they are being raped for $69 or more for a 50mb link. I don't understand it. Don't forget that the unwritten hidden text says that after year one your unlimited data is no longer unlimited. You will have to pay $5 more to keep it unlimited. Furthermore, when you call they just give you the "there is nothing I can do to help you." They can't provide a pricing sheet. It's just based on your account. But what is it about one person's account that makes them better than me to receive a lower cost of service? This is the worst ISP I have ever had the displeasure of working with. Zero customer service. If you have other options, exploit them. This company is just plain terrible. If I had another option I would take it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

I've been told several times that I cannot change my payment date which at one point didn't matter because they gave a grace period. I am a teacher and get paid monthly on the 20th. My bill is due the 17th so I always pay three days after on 20th when my deposit goes in. My bill this time was $173 and when I went to pay it online for some reason was $193 which is actually more than the late charge. So I called customer care who didn't really explain it very well as to why there's an extra $20 charge. They refused to remove the $10 charge even after I explained that I've always had this due date and past three days late before and it's never been a problem. I even spoke to the manager on duty and he wouldn't waive the charge matter what I said. I went ahead and paid the extra $20 charge but after reviewing this ConsumerAffairs site and speaking with others on Facebook I see this is something as of recently that they're doing to several customers.

I called last Thursday because we had no internet service. The tech support person attempted to troubleshoot with me but still no service. He forwarded me to a "special tech support service" that he assured me could help with my issue. When they reviewed my account they said I didn't qualify for the "special" service, but would be happy to sign me up and charge me monthly for this "special service". Of course, I said NO! I already pay for service and tech support should be a part of that at the highest level of service available to ALL paying customers.

They set up an appointment for first available time which was today (Tues) and they would try to get someone out earlier and that I would receive a call. Never got a call. Called today to see about my appointment today and they had no record of an appointment for today. Really?! So, my 30+ minute phone call last Thurs was a complete waste of time... Hopefully, someone with Suddenlink will read this and discuss how to improve customer service. We resolved our problem with the help of a local friend. No help from Suddenlink...

While I can't completely confirm this observation (It will take several of us) the last few months Suddenlink has billed us a late charge. The last month I paid the bill the day following receipt and still received a late charge. The pattern suggests they intentionally wait to bill you to make it impossible to paper mail and the bill in. I dropped the service the next day on the new month (of course billed late again) and returned their equipment the next day.

They refuse to drop the charges like a normal business intent on ethical conduct would do. They threaten to impact your credit report for non-pay, which is illegal in this instance. So they practice illegal coercion. I have notified the Officer of Consumer Affairs in Austin, Texas of the illegal conduct. Friends, if you are in Texas and have a similar situation please contact the Consumer Affairs Office in Austin also. NO business, including Suddenlink, can delay billing you and then demand late charges from you. That is a form of extortion.

I have only been a Suddenlink customer for about 6 to 8 months, but throughout this course of time I have been a very loyal customer such as always paying my bill on time and even in some cases early. There were a few times when my internet stopped working out of nowhere. It went on for about 2 weeks, I have no cable so wifi is the only way for my daughter and I to watch tv. When I called Suddenlink there was no technician available to come out the first week so the second week one came out & I was told that the issue was from the technician before, who never plugged back in the cord he was supposed to which caused a bunch of peoples wifi to go down in the same area. I asked the customer service/billing department if they would credit me & the woman told me yes. When they finally figured out how much I would be credited for it was only $3 and some change.

When the next few weeks went by & it came time for me to pay my bill for the month the credited amount had never been applied to my account & on top of that it showed that I owed $106.00 for the month, which didn't seem right knowing I've never paid over $53 a month. So once again I had to go through the phone process and talk to another representative. When the man got on the phone he told me the lady did not go through the process correctly and I was actually supposed to be credited $5 and some change. It is not that big of a difference in price but it just goes to show not everyone there is on the same page. The man tells me the online billing takes awhile to update and that on his side of the system it showed the correct balance and for me to just type in "other amount" and the online payments will be back updated soon.

The man said the reason for it showing me $106 owed was because it put my bill on there for the next 2 months and once again to just type in "other amount" and pay the correct balance. I thought everything was fine, my wifi was never disconnected so I never thought anything of it until today when I go to check my bill again and it showed the same balance of $106. ONCE AGAIN I called the customer service department/Billing and the lady that answered informed me that since I did not have the "safe guard" insurance plan with them for $5 extra dollars a month I was being charged $50!!! EXTRA DOLLARS on top of my monthly bill for a technician to come assist me to help me see what was wrong with the wifi the THIRD time I had an issue with it. I tried to express to them that I understood a fee for not having the safe guard but that I should have been aware of the $50 dollar charge if the issue was on "my end".

The lady who I spoke with which was supposed to be a MANAGER (who was very hard to get in touch with) proceeded to tell me that I was a liar & that she had it in her notes that I was fully aware that there would be a $50 fee, which is a LIE & since when is it ever appropriate to tell a customer they are lying? The manager nor the lady I spoke with before her were sympathetic towards my needs and they were the rudest people I have ever talked to in a customer service department and were very unprofessional. This company has the worst internet connection and they just get over on people. I went without internet for almost TWO WEEKS, & they only credited me $5 & some change on my bill and that was pushing it with them, but they had to come assist me with my internet ONE TIME for something that supposedly didn't work because of something on my behalf and they want to charge me $50 extra dollars.

Not to mention the fact that the technician said he was told the reason it did not work was because too many people were using it at the same time (such as neighbors) which is a lie because the person who was there when the tech got there said they never confirmed this with the tech, he assumed this was the issue due to him not being able to find any other reason for it to not be working so they just innocently agreed (not being aware of the plot twist fee). I would never suggest this company to my worst enemy... Not only does the service suck but the customer service/managers suck.

The only good thing about Suddenlink is that they don't use contracts so you can cancel at any time. I have both internet and cable through SL. The internet requires to be rebooted at least once every single day (and sometimes 3+ times) in order to get online. The cable continually cuts out the sound anywhere from 2 seconds up to about 30 seconds at a time, and often repeatedly within a few minutes, making it nearly impossible to watch the show. Sometimes the image freezes while sound continues, sometimes image freezes and sound stops for a few seconds before returning. Following their troubleshooting of unplugging and replugging failed to fix the issue. Now I'm told I need to pay an optional $5 protection plan fee for them to fix the problem or risk getting charged $50. Not so optional then, is it.

Further, I signed up for the e-bill process. Their system added 5 extra characters to my listed email address, so I never received the bill. They charged a late fee when I called to figure out why I never got a bill notification. They refuse to waive said late fee, even though it was their system that glitched (twice), making it impossible for me to get the bill since their system changed the email address I provided - twice, as I fixed it after the first month and then it happened again!

Will be cancelling this service soon and going back to DirecTV and AT&T for TV and internet. They may not have great customer service, but at least the actual service I'm paying for WORKS without need to constantly reboot every 10 minutes. Suddenlink is lousy internet and cable service and lousy customer service. Pick a different company if you have a choice. Pay a wee bit more for consistent connection and avoid having to deal with customer service. Oh, and the guy I just spoke to on the phone, while typing notes was groaning (I think he was mumbling, but it sounded like groaning) in a way that sounded like he was being pleasured while he was working. It was pretty gross.

We had been customers since 2012, paid on time, had all 3 services. Internet sucked with them and their cable, we could not get any other cable company because this was the only one in our town... and it was a 1500 dollar deposit with our apartments to have a satellite. Anyway, we always paid on time never late... Well it came time to turn off our cable and stuff because we were moving. We gave the fwd address to our new house, and they said they'd send a final bill. NOPE. We moved in April 2017. Here it is June 9th and never got a final bill... So this collection company called and said we owed 149.22 for our bill. We are in debt to Suddenstink too. WHAT?!

I call them and ask why we never got a bill and that they can check our account. We always paid on time and that is how they do us and send us to a collection agency. She said "we sent one on the 30th of April and 25th of May." BULL! We have not gotten one. When I talked to the collection agency she told me that Suddenstink sends them the final bills, and they collect. That's how they do you!!! THEY SEND YOUR FINAL BILL STRAIGHT TO COLLECTIONS AND THEN THEY CHARGE YOU A FULL MONTH FOR SERVICES YOU NEVER USED! ** Suddenstink!!!

We were billed on for a service call. The tech said that when he left everything worked fine. Now why is it that your line maintenance people had to replace a broken section of the line and a piece of equipment after this technician was out here to make our internet work. Now please explain to me which one is lying to me. Either your tech is lying because our service wasn't fixed until after his coming out OR your linemen are lying about fixing the internet and restoring to us our paid for rate that we have had issues with since last year. Someone here isn't telling the truth.

Since nothing was fixed until the linemen fixed the broken line and replaced a faulty piece of equipment I am more inclined to believe them over your tech. Look at our records. Eight modems swaps in a five month period never fixed the issue. Umpteen service calls that never fixed the issues for more than a couple hours. A lineman had to put a tap on the line to email when it failed over the weekend. Poor guy must have had hundreds of emails. That Monday TWO linemen show up to explain what they found and what they did to fix the issue.

A Suddenlink technician broke my TV and lied when he reported it. Suddenlink refuses to pay for my TV, basically they are calling the customer the liar. I've been a paying customer for 10 years, this is unacceptable behavior for loyal customers even though the service has never been even close to acceptable. I don't live where I can receive satellite or else I would change providers to a dependable company who would stand behind their customers.

I just called to cancel our service due to a move. Our new area is not serviced by Suddenlink I tried canceling and was advised that because my new billing cycle generated yesterday that I have to pay for the FULL month. Yes, they are demanding payment for services at a residence where no one will be living and because they charge you in advance there is NOTHING you can do about it. Sorry, sorry customer service and billing practices.

Suddenlink wanted me to pay for all installation of pole and wiring to connect their services. Neighbors could connect into the same pole. But they would make money off the pole I paid for!!! Not gonna happen. First of all they waited seven months and I had to call and write emails for them to respond. Not a good company at all! And I still get kick mail from them.

If there is less than one star I would choose it. They have a very bad customer service, bad internet service. The service is kind of good in the day and very bad in the evening and the company don't care since the customers don't have other options. If there is another internet service provider in the future I would immediately change to it.

Do not ever pick Suddenlink as your network provider. You cannot run anything on it without the connection dropping out. I am constantly plugging and unplugging my router to reset it. I would rather kill myself than go with Suddenlink in the future.

Suddenlink has issued a box for digital TV, that only does not work but the price is free and the bill goes up every three months! Every time the cable comes to my home the service gets bad. Have no idea who these workers are and it looks like they do not know what they are doing. This company for over 10 yrs has done nothing to upgrade their service, and know I have no TV service. 3 channels. They will not answer phone. All this for 128 a month. Sad.

I was billed by phone and then mailed a bill for more. I never got the contracted land-line. I paid an electrician who showed me the disconnected telephone wires. Suddenlink service man said the lines belong to AT&T. Initially I was told by Suddenlink that AT&T had no lines in my neighborhood. I cancelled Suddenlink and was told I would billed for the 23 days in the month!

We have had Suddenlink internet for 6 years. Every year the connection gets worst & worst. The customer service is horrible as well. We have had electricians come out & nothing is wrong on our end. Our equipment is up to date as well. The problem is the connection. At least once a week, we have issues. Nothing gets resolved & as far as I'm concerned it's a horrible company who does not care about anything but money. Unfortunately where we live we have no other choice. I really wish another company would come in who provides good connection for the highway robbery that it charges. If anyone is considering this company, PLEASE heed my warning & go with someone else! They are horrible!!!

Suddenlink gives all kinds of obstacles to cancel their service. To reach them by phone for cancellation is next to impossible. They give many different hurdles that a person must jump over to cancel. The automated service only takes you in a circle without bringing you to a real person and you must call many numbers before getting any kind of real person finally communicate with. You must get a code from the completely exasperating automated calling system before getting access to a location that you are finally able to turn in any equipment. Payment for what is owed is required before you can turn in the equipment which is fair of course but even after paying that bill and turning in the equipment they are still sending out billing with all sorts of fees and add on charges for a month following the request for services to be suspended.

Even after receiving a request for suspending services and moving out of the residence Suddenlink still wants to be paid for services for an empty house with no one living there. Suddenlink does not even bury their wires but, they lay them out on the ground in the alley and they remain there strung up and down on the ground in plain sight. This company makes it very very hard to disconnect and tries to grab as much money as they possibly can before they disconnect whether you are using their service or not. One might think a lawyer is needed to disconnect because of all the extreme red tape. I am a VERY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER and I will never use this company again. I do not recommend anyone else using them. They are very glad to hook you up and take your money but very inconvenient and hard to disconnect from and very hard to get them out of your bank account.

I would not recommend Suddenlink to my worst enemy. The service sucks. Have been with them for 6 weeks and cable is still laying in my yard. Have to pick it up and move it side to side so I can cut grass. Could not connect to wi-fi, they charged me 50 dollars to bring new box out, mind you the one I had was supposed to be new. Was told not to disconnect my phone because they did not have what they needed to set it up but was still charged the whole time for the phone. The techs who come out to install do not know what they are doing. FIRST time they came, they stayed for 5 hours, told us they would come back in 2 days. Well that took 9 days after we made many calls to Suddenlink to ask when they would finish the initial install. Very poor service.

I can't stay connected to the internet for more than 15 minutes at a time before I have to go unplug the box and have it reset itself. The internet they provide is horrible and inconsistent. If you have any other option I would go with them. Suddenlink is a horrible company and should be run out of business. I feel like they are basically stealing from me.

I started out at $28 for internet only, then that price went up to $37.50. Then it went up again to $47.50 and then I was notified I was hitting Data caps? I think they just added data limits because in the years before I never had anything like that. So I had to upgrade my plan to $51. Then I hit Data limits again!!! And they wanted me to upgrade again!! Enough is Enough! I switched to Frontier instead and have a lower bill with no data limits. THEN I cancelled with Frontier... and once again they screwed me! I cancelled on the 6th, and they told me since the month had started, I had to pay the entire month! So instead of Prorating me for 6 days in the month, they are charging me another $51 even though I am no longer using them! NEVER USE SUDDENLINK! They are the worst!!!

Suddenlink customer service sucks & their practices are shady. Their website tries to trick you into paperless billing, which happened to me. I had no idea, which caused me to miss a payment. I got an email stating my service could be interrupted, which prompted me to go to the website and look at my account. I was shocked to see I was set up for paperless billing (which I NEVER choose for any of my bills). I immediately searched for a way to turn it off. Then I paid my past-due bill online.

Then I called Suddenlink to share my concern about it. During the call, the agent told me that it's easy to 'accidentally select the paperless button because it looks like you have to check that button to go to the next step when you set up your online account'. HELLO? Why do that to customers? Oh, I know why, so you can pull a slimy move to get a $10 late fee from lots of customers like me. I wonder how many thousands they've cheated out of people this way.

I asked to have the late fee reversed since I did NOT know I'd been switched to paperless billing and normally I am always on-time with my payments. The rep couldn't do it. I waited about 20 min for a supervisor who could care less about customer satisfaction. He also couldn't help me and offered zero concern when I told him that it would cost them a customer if they cannot make it right. He simply said, 'Ok. Is there anything else I can do for you?' I hung up. Now I will give Suddenlink bad reviews everywhere, because they are a company who tricks people into FEES and provides zero customer service. Then I will find a different company for my internet needs.

Last year when I wanted to put our account on seasonal hold Suddenlink's procedure allowed the customer to do it over chat. It was easy, simple and fast. This year they changed it to where the customer has to call in to do it. The problem is that there is no prompt to get to the right department so I have to talk to someone who then transfers me to someone who then transfers me to someone else etc for 4 to 7 times before I finally get ahold of the right person. After I put our account on seasonal hold I asked the person how to get to his department directly. Is there an extension number or what. He said there is no easy way. I just have to go through all the transfers until I get to them. By the time I am done I want to pull my hair out. I wish I could just do on chat again. Not only would it make a customer happy it would free up 4 to 7 people from wasting their time transferring a customer around the company.

I use Suddenlink because it is the only ISP in the area that isn't satellite based. That said, if there were any other options I would have switched years ago. Unclear fees and billing. They bill a month ahead of the actual service, charge for some visits and not others ($50) and never inform you beforehand if the visit will be free or charged. They charge a late fee of $10 (a late fee for a service they've yet to provide, mind you, due to their magazine-like billing schedule). Late fees are fine per se, but charging someone a late fee for a service you've yet to provide (30 days early)? I think it's just a way to slightly increase revenue without having to offer the consumer any real benefits or service.

Poor customer service. They do not explain fees in a satisfactory manner, nor do they make the consumer aware of new possible fees that may arise due to the conversation (and yes, talking to them can be costly if you aren't careful). Poor Follow Up/Disorganized Call Center. I've spoken to customer service before, been assured they would follow up, and then never heard back from them. When I called to follow up (two weeks later) the representative said there was no record and the call never happened. Not apology or an "oh, our system screwed up, sorry about that", or "that's weird, how did that happen?" Nope. Call never happened. I never sat around for an hour one Thursday afternoon talking and waiting.

Technicians are not very useful. I've never had a technician offer service beyond what a digital-native (30-somethings and under) could do for themselves. Maybe if you hate computers, didn't grow up with them, and don't know how to reboot a modem or put a new connector on the end of a wire it would be worth the cost, however, if you're young, it's just a waste of time and money. You can troubleshoot just as well as them.

Overall. More so than can be merited by my complaints, I just don't like Suddenlink. It's something about employee interactions, corporate culture, billing policies, all the little things that make Suddenlink Suddenlink, that when put together become repulsive. Whereas when viewed in parts it's just annoying and consumer unfriendly, it's as a whole that I realize how unsavory Suddenlink is and how much I wish I could do business with any other company.

When my Internet was originally set up, the technician did not bother to check the connection in any part of the house other than the computer in the room where the modem was placed. We have two computers in the back part of the house and began experiencing terrible speed and signal strength on those two computers shortly after the installation. Upgrading to a faster speed did not solve the problem. Finally after several months, the connection got so bad that the computers were dropping the wi-fi signal constantly and when connected became very slow.

Finally I called the tech department at Suddenlink and a technician was sent out. He told me that the modem was placed in a very poor location and should be moved. He also indicated that we should not have to pay an extra fee for having it relocated since we were experiencing such severe issues. He said I would need to call Suddenlink again and tell them what he told me and that the modem needed to be relocated. It was late in the evening, so I called the next morning.

Another technician came to the house and I reported what the other tech had said. He confirmed that we were indeed having connection issues in that part of the house and agreed that moving the modem should solve the problem. No wires had to be run, since we already had a coax plug in on of the rooms, so he simply had to move the modem into that room. He checked everything out and all was working very well.

The next month, our bill had a $50 charge on it. I called the billing department and was told that the charge should not be on my bill and to deduct it, which I did. I just received my latest bill and it shows part of the last bill as being unpaid along with a $10 late fee. When I called the billing department I was told that moving the modem was not covered under my line insurance that we pay for every month and that the $50 fee could not be removed. I fully explained my whole story, including the fact that the modem had not been installed and tested properly to begin with and what the technician had told me about changing its placement.

The person I talked with still insisted that the $50 charge would still stand and could not be removed. I asked to speak to his supervisor, which I did, but was given the same runaround. She did agree to credit my account for the $10 late fee since I had been told by their office to deduct the $50 from my bill. Nevertheless, I am very angry that we are having to pay the $50 charge when the installation was not properly done to begin with. It was certainly Suddenlink's fault that we were not getting a decent signal to our other computers, when all that was needed was to check and make sure that the signal was getting to the rest of the house to begin with. As far as I am concerned, Suddenlink's customer service is severely lacking, and we should not have to foot the bill for their poor installation.

Was having internet connection problems for over year, talked to numerous techs by phone. Suddenlink finally sent out a tech that spend about 5 min in the house, played with some wires and deemed it fixed. I asked him to check to see if it fixed problem. He refused and left. Problem continued. My cc was charged $50 for a 1hr visit that lasted 5 min and solved nothing. Had to deal with many unhelpful people at Suddenlink that said they "deemed" it a valued charge and SL has a policy of never refunding. Finally got a tech out that spent a full hour. He said the box SL supplied was no good and the original SL installer made a mess of the wires inside the house and on the outside. He said I was fortunate to get him (and I agree) because he has to spend a lot of time fixing what other techs mess up, that so many don't know what they are doing.

So I had to pay $50 for the first tech who refused to do his job, probably because he wasn't qualified. This is an unethical practice and SL should care enough about customer goodwill and reverse the charge. But since we have no other internet choice, they can be as dishonest as they want. At least I can change my TV provider.

I called Suddenlink 3 times with billing questions and arrangements. The first call put me on hold for the 25 minutes so I had to hang up because I had a previous appointment. I called back and the lady who answered after a 15 min wait could not help me. I called a third time and asked to speak with a collections rep and stayed on hold for 50 MINUTES!!! If I would of had other internet providers I would have hung up and gone elsewhere. I turned off my cable at the beginning of the pay period and Suddenlink charged me a full month and said they could not prorate our usage so they charged me the full month when we didn't even have service cable with them. They charge random fees after fees and their internet is slow!! I have the biggest internet amount but it doesn't seem better than the smaller one we previously had. Very disappointed with this company and looking for services elsewhere!!

Suddenlink Company Profile