Compare Offers
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Suddenlink provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed internet, digital TV plans, voice services and advanced home security systems. Suddenlink has plans with unlimited data, talk and text and high-speed internet.

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Find a service provider in your area

Compare offers on Find Your Internet

Get Started

Suddenlink Reviews

Original review: May 30, 2020

I have read other reviews as I was getting ready to submit mine. Sorry I didn’t read them first. I can’t even begin to explain the horror of my days of trying to get a real person to explain my issue that had nothing to do with the solutions the automated recordings were having me step through. I ended up calling the number to act like I was needing additional service to get someone. She sent me to Customer Loyalty which was a person that said her name was Betty. Fat chance someone named Betty can’t speak English enough to understand.

She kept asking me what was wrong and I kept reading the message that was on the screen. It took almost another hour to get her to understand I needed a service person which now is going to cost me another 60.00 after going over a week without service. They all have pretty word and if you look at other replays you’ll see the same apology but nothing gets fixed. If you have any other option PLEASE PLEASE don’t use Suddenlink.

Suddenlink response

Hey Dianne! Thanks for taking the time to share your situation. I want to let you know that we are here to help and would be glad to further address any service problems or account questions you may still have. Please feel free to message us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. ^GJ

Original review: May 30, 2020

We have always had phone and internet through Suddenlink and very few problems with our bill until March of this year. Our February bill was normal, once we get our bill for March is went WAY up. I was looking through all of our statements to see if anything caused the bill increase and sure enough something did!!!! We are being charged for TV services that we do NOT have!!!! How shady is that?!? I can log into my online account and it shows all of my active services and TV is one of them! We have never even asked or explored activating TV services with this company. It’s also pathetic that you cannot disconnect any of those services you may have active on your account unless a suddenlink representative does it for you but you sure can upgrade your services yourself online. PATHETIC!!!!

I’ve called SEVERAL times since March and cannot ever seem to be able to speak to a representative. I called today and waited OVER an hour just to be disconnect and to call back to hear they are closed for the day. This company makes me sick! Each month I check our bill and can’t seem to ever get it resolved. I don’t see how this company is even in business anymore. I will be considering other companies if I cannot get in touch with a representative and my bill back to NORMAL on Monday. Be careful and WATCH your billing statements!

Suddenlink response

Hi Jared! Thanks for commenting. We are here to help and would be glad to further address this matter with you. Feel free to message us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. ^GJ

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2020

I purchased the package, called to confirm the installation time and date with the confirmation number I was given. I took off work since the Technician was to arrive between 11-2 p.m., at 1:45 p.m. I called to check them if the Technician was on his way because I didn't receive a phone call (I asked to be called prior to his arrival). I was told he came at 12 p.m., and I was not home - lie. I NEVER went anywhere. I called and asked for them to send him back to my apt. They said he's be there later on 5/29/20.

After multiple calls with Lynn, Chelsea, Monica, Lori, Mark I was told after 4 hours of calling that the Technician placed the order on hold. I asked to speak with a supervisor, Chad the supervisor told the rep. he'd call me on my number once he find out why the technician said he visited my apt. but didn't. ABSOLUTELY no call. I kept calling. It is now 5:31 p.m. CST and still no Technician or call from Chad. Mark said all he can do is reschedule because they use a 3rd party and he has no control over what happen to the customers if the technicians lie about visiting and do not.

I have to work on 5/30/20 so I was hoping someone would eventually show up - NOT! No one at Suddenlink knows how to help me by sending a Technician out so I can have internet service. I spend the entire day waiting and on the phone and I need a bed and could have gone out to make a purchase. Why do you guys treat us so badly? Just as your time is important mine is too. If you had given me all day to wait I would not be so disappointed, but they gave me a specific time 11 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. It's 5:35 p.m. and still no one. Not even a call. I've been holding for 1 hr and my son is on another line holding for 30 mins. SHAME.

Suddenlink response

Hi Christine! We are here to help and could definitely understand how you may feel given the situation. Feel free to message us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number if you were still needing assistance with your appointment. Thanks! ^GJ

Original review: May 29, 2020

Trying to make a change to an account or any billing questions will take you between 1.5 hours to 3 hours to try to get a resolution. It will also take more that one call. We put our service on vacation hold every spring and it's a nightmare trying to get the billing straight and problems resolved. I always get a foreign agent with the worst connection. Come on Suddenlink, open the wallet and hire a professional customer service team. I will be looking for another ISP this fall.

Suddenlink response

Hi Ronald! Thanks for sharing. We would be happy to further address any billing concerns or questions you may have. Don't hesitate to reach back out to us directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. ^GJ

Original review: May 28, 2020

For over 6 months every time it rains we have no WiFi, TV or land line. We have had numerous techs out but no one can fix it. The problem is on the line and they refuse to send the bucket truck out to do the proper repair. We have no other options and they know and do not care. I continue to pay my $200+ a month bill..... We have called the area supervisor 6 times this week alone (one of techs finally shared his number) but he will not return our call. Next step is a complaint to the AG. If you have a choice, do not use this company!

Suddenlink response

Hi Leesa! Thanks for commenting. We are here to help and would be glad to further address the service problems you are experiencing. Please feel free to message us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. Thanks! ^GJ

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: May 28, 2020

Communicating with this company is almost impossible. Because of a long wait time I opted to have them call me back. When they called all I heard was music. When I finally got through to the guy in India he was somewhat rude and sounded like he was half asleep. He gave me a new password hours ago and it doesn't work. Suddenlink SUCKS!!!

Suddenlink response

Hi George! Thanks for commenting. We are here to help and would be glad to further address any service problems or account questions you may have. Please feel free to message us back at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. ^GJ

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 27, 2020

If I could warn everyone, I would! Do NOT use Suddenlink. We had no choice but to use them when we moved to Texas and lived in an apartment, we were told they were the only provider. They were and are the WORST company and business we have ever had contact with. They overcharge from day one, you never can get them to make things right or make adjustments. They have the worst customer service. They never know what they’re talking about and always just make stuff up. You will never be happy after you talk to them. Every time I call I get frustrated and nothing is ever accomplished. I have wasted hours upon hours of my life trying to solve problems that they do not care about. All they care about is overcharging you. Do not use this company!!!! You will regret it every day of your life!

Suddenlink response

Hi Davina! We are concerned about how you feel and want to let you know that we are here to help. Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com if you happen to have any service problems or account questions you still need assistance with. We are always happy to do what we can. ^GJ

Original review: May 26, 2020

I have been a loyal Suddenlink customer for 5 years. Recently, a storm knocked out my service. They sent a tech two days later. The tech told me that my current speed was very low and I should consider upgrading. I went online and saw that they are offering a PRICE FOR LIFE - $74.99/month for 1gig. That is much faster and cheaper than what I currently have (200mb for $97/month). I called and waited on hold for 1 hour only to be told that is for NEW customers only. I inquired why loyal clients wouldn't be afforded the same price as a thank you. I was told by the rep (Amy) that the "PRICE FOR LIFE" wasn't "really" for life and those new customers would eventually see an increase in their bill. I told her that seemed like false advertising and she said "no, not really." But yes, Amy, that is false advertising. To say price for life and then also say it's not price for life, that is conflicting.

I asked to speak to her supervisor because I felt that this wasn't fair and I wanted to find out what they could do for my account and she refused to let me speak to a supervisor and said they would tell me the same thing. I finally got off the call with nothing resolved, feeling taken advantage of by Suddenlink and punished for being a long standing customer. Should I cancel my account and then re-open it to get a decent price and speed? There are no other options in my area or I would have cancelled TODAY. Suddenlink- do better!

Suddenlink response

Hello Kendra! Thanks for commenting. We are here to help and would be glad to look over your current services and rate to see what could be done to help out. Please feel free to message us back at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. ^GJ

Original review: May 26, 2020

Since the beginning of the year, I have not had more than 3 days when all of the service I pay for has worked as it should. I have spent countless hours on the phone, and have had at least 6 visits by technicians. The problems have been mostly with the Tivo devices (one of the technicians advised me to get rid of them because they are crap equipment.) All of the equipment has been replaced at one time or another. The main Tivo box has been replaced several times, and the Tivo mini a couple of times. None of the technicians can figure out the problem, they just throw parts at it. It gets better for a little while, then the same thing happens again.

Additionally, as a result of all their equipment replacements, I have been charged for equipment I do not have and still have not been able to get the overcharges corrected. I have had technicians on the phone and at my house tell me lies, and have been the rudest service folks I have ever dealt with. If there was a decent option for internet or cable service, I would drop Suddenlink.

Suddenlink response

Hello Richard! Thanks for taking the time to share. I want to let you know that we are here to help and would be glad to further address the problems you are experiencing with your Tivo services and assist you with your billing concerns. Please feel free to message us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account. ^GJ

Original review: May 24, 2020

I tried a dozen time to get through. Asked for a supervisor but received no call back. Tried again and when supervisor did call back he was rude, arrogant, and served no purpose but making things worse.

Suddenlink response

Hi Kathey! We are here to help and would be glad to further address any service problems or account questions you may have. Please feel free to messages us back directly at BrandReviews@alticeusa.com and include your full address or account number. Thanks! ^GJ

Suddenlink Company Information