1.73/5

Suddenlink

The Suddenlink residential suite of services, available in the south, midwest and western parts of the United States, provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV. and voice services plus advanced home security. With broadband speeds of up to 1 gigabit, Suddenlink is the fastest broadband provider in each city it serves.

Suddenlink Reviews

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I never had to deal with any internet company like Suddenlink before. Longest wait time to actually speak to a rep and transfer to the correct department, and everything about Suddenlink just bad, they don’t even deserve 1 star. I Never get contact when the tech never show up to do installation. I've been trying to cancel my service for 2 weeks and still not able to get the issue resolved. They don’t care about customers. It's a waste of time to deal with Suddenlink.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We signed up for Suddenlink’s $75/month internet service with free installation. We signed up for the promotion online which stated it was ‘for life’. We provided our own modem. Our first month’s bill then came saying we owed $178.94. They had charged us for a Modem and WiFi that they did not provide, and there was an additional $80 fee that they said was a “mis-applied promotion”. We spent hours on hold with customer service and talked to representatives who were completely unhelpful and sometimes straight up lied or made things up. Once we were told - “Just pay the balance and Suddenlink will refund you for their mistake”. Another agent said “Oh you didn’t sign up for the promotion.” Which....we certainly did. We were also repeatedly bumped to the back of the wait time and spent many many hours on hold. We eventually drove 30 mins to the nearest town with a physical Suddenlink store.

When we spoke to the person at the store they told us - “Yeah Suddenlink has horrible customer service. We can’t help you. We get this ALL THE TIME from customers yelling at us because their bill is messed up, but we don’t have the authority to make any changes.” The Suddenlink employee then tried calling the billing department on our behalf and ended up hanging up because even she couldn’t get through to someone helpful!

I asked if we could speak to management and she said they have no phone numbers for management. She said all she could do was email a manager. This email address is also apparently secret, so we can’t directly contact management ourselves. After she reached out to management, our internet service has now been cut off, and their customer service agents still have been unable to help us. I am now waiting for a call back from management and am meanwhile getting ready to lodge a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Bottom line: IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SERVICE FROM SUDDENLINK — DON’T!!! This company lies, adds charges, sends incorrect bills and has unreachable customer service reps who say they are unable to make any corrections to errors on your bill!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Find another internet company. (When it works it pretty good) but they always go down. And their customer service is terrible because they can’t do anything about it. Don’t waste your time and keep looking for another internet company.

Suddenlink response

Hello Lee! We would be more than happy to look at your connection and get any issues resolved for you. Please send us an email at brandreviews@alticeusa.com, including your full address! We would love to help! Thank you! -Dan

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Total messed up company! They can't get a new service hook up order correct. On 5th appointment. Will be shocked if they show!!! Never a phone call, never a verification of them coming or not. Just no show! First two no shows were because they typed the wrong address to the installer!! Got that fixed. Next two no shows just show in their system as "voice" cancelation. No explanations. Internal system is messed up and their reps have a hard time even figuring out what the problem is. Would go with someone else if there was an option. Probably the only thing keeping their stock up is they are taking profits in at customer's expense. Can't last forever, as other options in providers come into areas, folks will flee this company. That's when you sell and/or short their stock!

Suddenlink response

Hello Jon! We would love to ensure your services are installed and look into this for you. Please email us directly at brandreviews@alticeusa.com including your full address. Thank you so much! -Dan

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

This has to be the WORST cable company of ALL time!! I mean, I thought in my honest opinion, they fail to work with you, they lie about reducing your monthly billing rate and increases your bill at an unfair price and barely want to make payment arrangements just to keep your services on. Plus, I had representatives hang up in my face more than a few times regarding my billing crisis. They just want more money out of you. Plus, the quality of service is lousy. They don't keep their promises to help at all. Even when you downgrade, your bill is still incredibly high. If I could, I would give this company an overall negative 10 points for worst customer and quality service. I recommend to anyone everywhere do NOT go to Suddenlink as my bill is at an all time $500.00 or more. They are completely unreasonable.

Suddenlink response

Hello Joshua! We would love to look into your bill for you and review the charges for you! Please feel free to message us back directly at brandreviews@alticeusa.com with your full address. I would also strongly suggest removing the picture of you bill so that your private information is not available for anyone to see. Thank you so much! -Dan

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I gave it 1 star because I have to. But trust me, Suddenlink doesn't deserve it. I'm signed up for 400 mbps and I'm lucky to get over 20mbps. Most of the time the picture sucks too. Half the time I spend looking at pixels on my tv instead of watching the programs I would love to see. And my bill has gone up $20 per month when I was told it would stay at the price I signed up for. They lie to you and have no problem doing so. Don't waste your money. If Suddenlink is your only choice go for satellite instead.

Suddenlink response

Hello Mark! We would love to look into the speeds you are getting, as well as your bill! Please feel free to message us back directly at brandreviews@alticeusa.com with your full address. Thank you! -Dan

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Used their slow unreliable services at Fort Polk LA. Called and canceled my service when I transferred to Washington. They are now billing me for unused and canceled service and adding $10 late charge per month. I called to confirm the cancellation and after spending much time waiting for supervisor call back was rudely laughed at. Amazing that such a rip off company can stay in business.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My latest service, today, was scheduled 11-2. At 2:07 we got a call the tech was on his way. At 4:30 I called SL and was told the tech would be here between 6-7.

VERY frustrating to spend the majority of a day sitting at home waiting. If you can’t cover your schedule, every time, schedule better. One more straw on the cut the cable. I AM REALLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I had my internet disconnected for “nonpayment,” although I had sent Suddenlink payment for $234. I went to Suddenlink and was told they recently merged and my payment was sent to an old account and they would move the payment to my new account. A week later, I received a phone call stating they could not see my payment and that in fact they sent my money back and I still owed $233 and my internet disconnected once again.

I went to the store and called the bank and showed the money paid to Suddenlink, and provided proof of payment along with proof no refund was made. I cut off my internet and Suddenlink sends an additional bill for $339, which means they are asking me to pay nearly $600 for 3 months of internet service. Calling support is an endless loop of them asking for payment without hopes of speaking to a person. I opened a complaint with the FCC and will have to contact the BBB and perhaps class action lawsuit to stop this abuse.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

A promotional offer ended (we've been customers of Suddenlink for 30 years) and it took me 2.5 total hours on hold to somewhat resolve the issue. First it is ridiculous to assume that anyone would pay $164 p/m for one Tivo, basic cable, and internet. Second, during my conversations I was literally LIED to by the customer reps on various topics and purposely not routed to Retention Services when I specifically asked to be transferred. I politely gave advice (whether she liked it or not) to the final person I spoke with which encouraged her to be looking for another job as a company with such a horrible reputation and beyond poor customer service, will hopefully not last long as technology changes. Horrible, horrible experience.

Suddenlink Company Information