1.07/5

203 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I disconnected service and turned in equipment on 8/26. At that time I had a balance owed me of $129.56. Service was disconnected on 9/1. After that, I received a bill for 9/1 - 9/30 service (74.99). After that, I received a bill for 10/1 - 10/31 service (118.34). After FIVE calls to billing trying to get an explanation of why I am being billed for service AFTER I disconnected, I am told the account has been disconnected on 9/1 and I will receive a refund check of 21.67. STAY AWAY FROM SUDDENLINK!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Can never get TNT if there is a golf match on, never get ESPN if there's a big game on. I called their customer service, after 30 minutes navigating through their menu and then being transferred to someone who literally told me the only way to get credited for any cable you pay for is if your cable is out for at least 23 hours. Wow! What about not being able to watch the Players golf tournament or right now, I'm in the Houston area, and the Astros are playing Boston on TBS... no reception. This is absolutely the worst service I have ever received from any provider in my life and I'm 67 years old. Sorry but true.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I just had Suddenlink installed and have had nothing but problems with reception, connection and calling into them. When you call into them, you have so many options that do not apply to why you are calling. NO option to speak with a LIVE person. After trying several options, you then get a LIVE person. Extremely disappointed and frustrated with them. Truly considering going back to DirecTV. At least with DirecTV you can get a LIVE person when you call. The ONLY reason I left DirecTV was because when it storms or rains hard you lose your reception. I was told that with Suddenlink that does not happen but geez give an option to get a LIVE person when you call their number. Bottom line... VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED WITH THEIR SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RUDE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have used Suddenlink internet for about 8 years, 5 with my husband and then 3 on my own. In the three years I have had Suddenlink, my payments went from $70 to $123 (same plan all three years, unlimited, up to 100 Mbps download) The charges were never announced, there were no improvements in service. In fact, they had become worse, but I was patient because I had been with the company for years with no real complaints.

I lost my job and fell behind and my service was suspended. I made a payment of 2/3 of what I owed and she said that once I resume my services there may be a $10 fee, about 3 weeks later, I paid off the remainder. I called them to have them resume my services. The first person I spoke with said that I should have service within the hour after my payment went through. I waited an hour and I still had no internet. I called again, this person said it should be on in 45 minutes to 2 hours from the time my payment went through. I waited 2 hours after my last call (over 3 hours from payment) and still had no service so I called again. This person said that upon further inspection they had done a hard disconnect on my service.

I was never informed of a hard disconnect and this was just 2 weeks after I had paid off 2/3 of what I owed and no one mentioned a disconnect was set if not paid in full by a certain day. The person I was on with said, "It's no problem we will send someone out to reconnect (in 3 days). Two day later I got a call from the technician, they are all set to install my cable services. I was confused, I let her know that I didn't order cable services and that all I needed was a simple reconnect at the box. She transferred me to "customer service". The lady that I spoke to was not very helpful.

Then she said I would have to pay a $40 reconnect fee. I explained to her that there was never a reason to disconnect and that I was told that there would only be a $10 fee. She started in with a passive aggressive tone so I asked her to transfer me to someone that could actually help me. She ended up transferring me to collections. I explained what was going on to the lady in the collections department. She said not only will I owe the $40 reconnect fee, but that before they will restore my internet I will also have to pay my estranged husband's written off debt of $241.

I told her I am not going to pay someone elses bill. She explained that even if the debt owed was from a roommate that I would be required to pay off the debt from the address before they would allow me to continue my service and that it is the company policy since they were bought by Altice. So I told her that it was terrible how the company had gotten (she said, "Believe me, I know.") and that I will just need to change carriers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sudden Junk decided to change the channel line up again. The last two weeks, the internet was slower than dial-up. I called and talked with them. We don't see anything wrong. Well idiots that answer service calls should know that the system is being worked on, they don't!!! I will schedule a service technician to come out. Why? It's your servers that are the problem, not my end. I am an electronic engineer, I mean you're talking bull. I'm not going to pay for them to send a technician and when he leaves have the same problem.

So now there informing customers after the fact to re-scan there TV's because of the channel lineup change on the digital. That's fine, I don't know who was the genius that laid out the lineup. I mean if you're going to change the channel lineups, put the sports together, the kids and family together. It really has no improvement. OK, so they failed to inform their customers. We offer free HD, but you have to pay extremely high receiver fees if you want to see HD channels. Now that they have done this my HD receivers are missing over half of its channels. I have reached the point that the TV service is going and if there was a competitor the internet would be too and still may. I mean at least on dial-up I know what I'm going to get. With Sudden Junk, you never know. They pay their people to lie to customers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

After several menus (none with option for technician) and 3 fix-it bullets, none of which worked, I hit a wrong number and got disconnected, on second try I got to a menu with more options for me to try and fix it. What I wanted to know was why the box shuts off several times a week near the end of a program. Our electric co. is wiring for cable tv, and telephone, internet, a little higher $ but maybe more dependable.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I would not recommend Suddenlink to any of my friends. This company has the worst customer service imaginable. In August my internet speed was very slow and I called customer service. At that time they told me they would have a technician come out at no charge and look at my modem. The technician discovered that I needed a damper put on my modem and my speed would improve. He told me that there would be no charge because there was no cabling work done. I got my bill and had a $60 service fee added to it. I called Suddenlink customer service and they told me that I should have known better than to believe the customer service rep and technician. They flat-out lied to me and refused to refund the $60 service charge.

The speed of my internet is still not fixed and now I have a charge that they refuse to refund. On top of that, the customer service rep was extremely rude and when I asked to speak to her supervisor she said it was impossible because they have no phone number. When I asked for their name the customer service rep gave me R O B (she wouldn't even say the name Rob). I will never go back to Suddenlink and I would strongly recommend if you have a choice of Internet providers to go with another company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I called because my internet speed wasn’t where it should be. After testing over the phone, the C/S Rep said they would schedule somebody to come out. They come out & new modem they say is bad. They don’t fix anything. 2 weeks later my bill comes in with a service charge that I was never told anything about. I call & talk to Rep & Supervisor but they won’t remove the fee. They said I don’t have inside coverage plan - never been made aware of at any time. This is bad communication on their part. In some part of the communication they should have told me I would have been charged for this service call. I don’t agree with this. What service do they provide?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

SUDDENLINK... strikes again! Suddenlink’s latest move to cut costs (and further reduce customer satisfaction) is its replacement of its older, readable, usable and more powerful TV remote with a new, tiny, cheaply built, and almost unreadable unit. If your old Suddenlink remote fails, or if you are a new customer, you’ll no longer receive the Atlas unit. Instead, you’ll receive the “Maestro” (T4HU1617 46k... a tiny POS). Consider this: The “Maestro” doesn’t have backlit buttons (keep a flashlight ready). The “Maestro” buttons are tiny, with even tinier letters (get out the magnifying glass or your readers). The “Maestro” doesn’t have a “video source” button. The “Maestro” is very, very cheaply built (so handle it carefully... it’s going to fail). The Suddenlink employees (storefront people and techs) I’ve talked to admit that customers hate the new unit. Suddenlink, however, doesn’t seem to care.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My husband and I signed to get internet and cable and we also wanted the sports package. When the technician came to install everything not only did he come 2 hours late but he came unprepared. He came with no DVR box that we needed for the cable which meant no sports. 3 weeks later still no box. At this point I had to call because no one was calling us and I told them that I just wanted to do the 30 day money back that they were advertising before I was charged for services I was not using.

On top of everything they were charging me a ridiculous amount for my first month's bill and I called to see about that. The rep that I spoke with was trying to see what was going on and promised that I would get a phone call back once he knew what my final balance would be. Today woke up with my services suspended. I called to get my services reconnected and was told that there was also a reconnection fee. I asked to get that waived and of course that was a no. So basically I told them that they are quick to disconnect my services but not quick to help out their customers. I will never recommend them nor will we ever do business with them again. Also they are more expensive than what I was paying with AT&T and I had phone, internet and cable with them. With Suddenlink I only had internet and cable. Like I said major letdown!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I saw a promotion for Suddenlink, where you can switch and not only get cable internet but it included Netflix for a year for free. At the time I had Directv and my bill was increasing. I never had an outage either Directv or technical problems. I was with them for two years. I was trying to budget and Suddenlink sounded like a better option at the time. BIG MISTAKE, very big mistake!!! I’ve now had Suddenlink for two months. Every week there’s an outage then my bill jumped from $90 to $200! They expect their money but I can’t use the internet or cable so no Netflix no nothing! I’m furious! They scheduled a technician to come out but that’s $60 lol. Nooo don’t do it. Runnn! Very very very bad service. Although the customer service reps are nice, this service sucks!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been a customer of Suddenlink for nearly 10 years, regardless of the multiple screw ups they have had over the years. Recently my bill was raised about 11.00 without any explanation. I called to find out what happened and I was told "our company has the right to increase our fees at any time, is on our disclosure that you should read". Nice to know that they have those, may be your next customer might read them. For the price I am getting internet at this company, I could go somewhere else and get a higher speed for less, and if I am lucky better customer service...that is my disclosure.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never been so frustrating with a service provider ever. Here is what happened. 1. I chose $59.99/mo internet service, but it was automatically changed to the $89.99/mo service during the process of signing up. I did not notice until a customer service rep called me a few days ahead to remind me about installation and mentioned the service that I sign up for is 89.99/mo.

2. When I wanted to change the service back to the 59.99 one, I was asked to give them the PIN which I do not have since I have never received anything with such information. The rep insisted that I must have gotten that confirmation email! PIN is not on the confirmation email. There is only confirmation number which they do not accept. Then, I was asked to answer the security question. After talking to a very rude rep who transferred me to a line that no one answers, I redial and talked to another rep and finally got my answer right and changed the service. Otherwise, they would not let you do anything, not cancel the service or anything.

3. There is a problem with my auto payment so I was charged for late fee twice. Guess what, the auto payment button does not exist in my online account! After calling and talking to the rep (of course multiple transferring and very long wait), she cancelled my late payment and told me that I have no balance, which is not possible since I have not yet paid the bill for the last month. Anyway, I thought it can just deduct in the next due date. Now in the new bill, I have a overdue balance that I have to pay before the next due date or there will be a late fee.

However, there is no way to pay this online! According to the FAQ, there should be a one-time payment button in my account, but I have gone through all the links and IT DOES NOT EXIST!!! I have to wait until the next auto-pay day for the system to charge my credit card automatically unless I pay it by mail or in store. If you want to take care of the problem right away by phone, THERE IS A $10 CHARGE! THIS IS COMPLETELY SCAM! They make it impossible for you to pay the bill and use this opportunity to charge you and charge you! Why would a company do such a thing?? Why?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Why do you keep charging us more for your services? Don't you know that everyone is going to quit using you because of your prices. I now have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon which comes free with Prime and all of this is cheaper than your monthly service of 200 channels. And charging people when they go over their internet services, I had internet service with you for 4 years and never went over but when I dropped my cable and just used you for internet suddenly I was over my internet allowed amount and this is one month of cancelling my cable. I get you need your money. Well then I suggest you lower your prices so people don't cut your services for lower price with more channels. But don't say I went over after 4 years.

Will be cutting internet as soon as NTS gets out to my house. And on another note I work from home sometimes and see where your internet is not what it should be. It runs slower than you say. So Suddenlink owners cut your cord. With this company the service is horrible and they don't give you what they say they do. I will never use Suddenlink again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We recently moved and got Suddenlink, from the start there has been bad communication. Not only did they come to my new home and drill holes in the side of our house without permission. We got a bill within days of signing up. Then got bills for installation which we were never told about. So we decided to cancel service. Just terrible customer service for them not wanting to be accountable for their customers and taking care of us. So we are canceled and we returned the equipment and then I get another bill for service for the upcoming month. I called in and they wanted to just fight me on it saying we owed the money which we don’t. I’ve never been so mad!!! I will never ever recommend this company to anyone ever.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I'm a very senior, handicapped person who was without telephone landline service for about 10 days. I called Suddenlink and they sent out a technician to see why the phone was dead. He was very nice but Suddenlink never told me it would cost $62. My phone was disconnected by a tile man who was replacing my floor after I flooded my house. He must have reconnected it incorrectly so I had no dial tone. I called Suddenlink to see what the $62 charge on my bill was about and they said the technician who plugged my phone into the proper space. Since I have had so many problems with my land phone in the past I thought it was Suddenlink again. My internet goes down intermittently on a daily basis as does my neighbors.

Suddenlink always has a recorded message stating there is an outage in the area and that is not true. I once saw a technician next door and asked him to check my computer because it had been down for days. He unplugged something and plugged it back in and it worked. There was no outage in the area. My cable has poor reception at times as well. Suddenlink is the worse company I have ever dealt with. When I told Suddenlink no one told me about the $62 service charge they so much as said too bad. Senior citizens must plan for their bills.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Suddenlink has the worst customer service. Two service call with no shows! Called to complain. Supervisor was suppose to call me in 24 hours. Never called! I rate this company 0, I called customer service again. The girl told me that they do not do after hour service call!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

We experienced high winds on 9/20/18 at about 8:30 pm. Power pole was blown over. PSO, our electric service provider, was out in less than 20 minutes searching for the problem and restored power within two hours. They were prepared for the storm that was predicted days in advance. It is now 10:30 pm on 9/21/18. No sign of Suddenlink yet. Can’t call them - all I get is a prerecorded message that there are outages in our area. I can see the downed cable from my home but have yet to see any Suddenlink vehicles even drive by. This occurs every time there is an outage. Repairs take forever. They have the ability to send us countless unwanted ads via email but not the courtesy to send updates on repairs. I plan to cancel both TV and Internet service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

So I paid my bill and I paid it in full in August then I make a payment for September last week. Mind you my payment isn't due till the 09/26 and yet they shut off my service and tell me I'm past due. So I get on their online chat thing and this guy explains the bill and still couldn't tell me why my bill is past due if the payment was current. So then he proceeds to tell me, "Oh it look like they locked your acct. Cause it was past due." Well... Duh! But why?!!!

So then he tells me that if I pay 87.87 I will get my service back on and the last 2 payments will be credited back to my acct. Like why can't you credit my acct no seeing as there is no past due payment. And then he disappeared on me. Never have I been upset with Suddenlink but this puts a bad taste in my mouth. Like my hard earned money is for you just to take all for yourself. I will be looking for a new and better internet provider. One that doesn't go out every 3 days cause someone breathed the wrong way.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Suddenlink is all ported through Georgetown and it is where the bottleneck is. They peer with Google but that is the only service that is fast. All the other places I try to reach web pages on the internet and they are all super slow. I pay for 300/30 meg unlimited service and if I do a speed test sometimes it is so bad I get 19 down. I cannot use the Xbox, I cannot connect to services on it because of the lag.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I only need a new remote for my tv. It took me almost an hour of the phone, my cable boxes were reset three times and was informed about an outage in my area... Ugh! I tried Suddenlink chat and it was nightmare. I remained on the phone and continued with resetting my cable box. Finally, I reach a person who had as much personality as the automated system. I explained that my issue is simple for any company but this one. I told her the issue with my remote... up down button not working, numbers 5 and 9 is not working. Her next comment is... Did you change the batteries?

What? Are you serious? The buttons not working won't be helped by the batteries. I felt like I was dealing with a mouth breathing moron. Sorry in advance to the mouth breathing morons. I am then informed that there is an outage in my area, my channels might not change because of that. Holy Moly! For the love of Jesus, my remote buttons are not working, honey! Well, you are in TX and probably don't even know WV is a state, so I am not totally buying there is an outage in area.

Today, is Thursday and I won't have a remote until Monday. Thanks Suddenlink. You are the worst and most incompetent company in the world. You have the market cornered in small towns of WV, but eventually someone new will come and when they do, I am gone like yesterday and Elvis! On my bill, it is said that it is the most improved customer's service. Well, when you are at the bottom it is easy to improve. It should take me over 40 minutes and tons and tons of stupidness to get a simple remote! Thanks for not being able to drop off a remote for 4 days! Great job!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Suddenlink is a rip-off and a scam! They charge you for services they are not providing. I called today to disconnect our services because we are moving, and Suddenlink does not service where we are moving to; only to be told that they “can’t” disconnect services in the middle of a billing cycle. What BS! You are penalizing people for moving?! It’s not my fault you don’t service our new location, so why am I being penalized? You are having me pay for a service you are not rendering and I think that is quite illegal. People cannot control the timing of their job or other circumstances requiring them to move suddenly based upon Suddenlink’s billing period. If we ever move to a Suddenlink service area again, we will not be returning customers, and I will never recommend Suddenlink.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I settled on a Triple Play package, which was what I needed for work. The package include one phone jack installation. The tech who came on the Wednesday, did not have that on his work order at all!!! IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT, WHY WASN'T ON HIS WORK ORDER!!! The work order somehow did not have what services I was set to have installed! How does that happen? They ran into problems, which left me without services until Friday. His office told him to work on what he can and that they would send someone else to come on Wednesday to put install the phone jack.

During that time, I received a call stating, that I already have service and that she does not know why they are coming out on the 11th. This prompted me to call to see what was going on, it was a disaster. A abrupt and rude supervisor called me back to say that I going to be charged for a DVR box, that would be brought on the 11th. When I explained that I NEVER ordered that, he said "just do not let him in". He also kept saying that "I want you to know basically when we part ways, you are not getting an Altice". I was on the phone with other people, and some seemed that they wanted to help correct the problem but did not but wanted basically to upgrade and pay MORE.

Finally, I was told that someone would come on the 11th, to install just the phone jack. A tech came on September 11th and did nothing but criticize the tech who came before him and took pictures. Also the tech said that he has NO work order to install anything a phone jack or anything else. IN fact, he wanted to schedule me for the 12th for an upgrade to another package and an Altice One Box! Just Horrible.

I have NEVER dealt with a company like this and I never thought one existed!!! They claim that they review the phone messages, so why don't they do what is right based on those recordings? Here I am going on a week and I do not have which I paid in advance! NO business ethic at all. I strongly agree with another customer, Suddenlink goes out of its way NOT to help you but to irritate you and get your money.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I cut my cable bill months ago and only have internet. Once I cut my cable off my bill for internet went to twice what it was. I was fine as that is what I wanted my cable and tv bill to be so I just streamed what I wanted to watch. For months every week I get a advert to come back and get basic cable for 29.99. I finally decide to get basic as the election is coming. Well they advertise 29.99 but when you order you have to purchase the HD box. It is ten dollars. Now you are up to 40 dollars plus taxes and fees. How does 50 sound now plus my 69 for for internet. Paying that for internet and cable is ridiculous. I have never had a good interaction with this company and it just seems sordid and not truthful. Always a gimmick. Give me cable and internet without breaking the bank. You may get some customers back. I don't think they care.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

This company does everything it can to not help you. I am set up for paperless billing which I thought would be a good idea. Bad thing is the email doesn't include your account number. Which I needed because logging in to pay my bill I forgot my security question. No problem right? Most companies have back up or can see you calling from the user's phone and fix you right up. Not SuddenLink. I spoke with three agents who refused to help me without an account number even though I know they could tell what account I was calling about. They said I needed to mail in a payment with the account number which I don't have or go to a store approved to take payment.

Again I needed the account number which they refused to give because I couldn't answer a question... I finally dug around and found an automated way to pay my bill by phone which these very unprofessional and rude agents failed to inform me of. I would pass on using this company for anything. Very poor service. Did I mention it took 3 trips out to get the install correct? That was another nightmare. Just don't do business with Suddenlink.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

Yesterday I waited on hold for 32 minutes and was disconnected. Today I waited 45 minutes and was able to give all my information to the CSR so they could access my account. I told the CSR what I needed (which was fairly simple) and she promptly hung up on me. Now an hour later I have another CSR on the line and he says he can't make the change that I am requesting. So now I wait for someone that can, and take a wild guess what happened after a few minutes of waiting... You guessed it, I was disconnected! Since this company is so good at disconnecting I think that is precisely what I will do!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

First, let me start by saying they are only getting one star on this review because I couldn’t post a review otherwise. In short, this company sucks. I’ve been having internet problems for 3 months and techs have come out to “fix” the issues. Problem is it never gets fixed and my family and I have to keep taking our phones off of WiFi to get internet service and it’s causing us to go over on our phone bill. They never want to send a tech out when it’s convenient for me and expect me to keep taking time off of work so that they can work on an issue that’s their fault.

In addition, their customer service managers are a joke. They are condescending little ** and think that giving me a $15 credit should cheer me up and make the past 3 months of problems go away (and that’s just the internet problem—their cable service is always going out too). The service keeps getting worse yet my bill keeps getting higher. They always say these exact words, “yes ma’am, I understand your frustration”. Umm, no you don’t. Cause if you did, you’d be thanking your lucky stars that you’re in a call center far, far away. Save yourself some time and headache and DO NOT use this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I'm paying $100/mo plus taxes and fees for 250mpbs internet. In the past year I have never seen my download speeds above 62mbps. My bill climbed over $15/mo in less than a year for no apparent reason.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I could write a book about my experience with this sorry excuse for a company. Combine deceptive marketing, false pricing, inept field technicians, ignorant customer service reps, unkept promises, and poor product results in something akin to "you can't make this up". I live in a small town. Suddenlink is the only high speed internet service available to us. This company specializes in secondary markets across the US and enjoys monopolies in most of its service areas. It is no wonder that they get away with their dishonest business practices and non-existent service.

I especially love the way they give you something for "free", then increase your monthly payments three months later, and remove the previous service level as an option at the same time. It is diabolical and should be illegal. Internet service in America is generally grade B when compared to many other smaller nations on the planet. Why we put up with this is a mystery to me. Free markets are NOT always the best option, especially for utility services such as the Web.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Way, way, way over-priced for a lousy, grainy cheapjack analog TV service. The only digital they have is that of local stations that provide it to them. A piece of ** TV provider--when I can--as soon as I can--I will change to anyone else. I live in Small Town America and they just bite us on the neck and drain our blood--and provide nothing. Internet is slow, backward, barely adequate.

Suddenlink Company Information