ConsumerAffairs Verified Brand

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.56/5

Get matched with the best Internet Service Provider for you!

The Suddenlink residential suite of services, available in the south, midwest and western parts of the United States, provides an end-to-end connected home experience through high-speed Internet, digital TV. and voice services plus advanced home security. With broadband speeds of up to 1 gigabit, Suddenlink is the fastest broadband provider in each city it serves.

Suddenlink Reviews

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Hate having to give one star. They don’t deserve a star! Worst customer service experience ever! Obviously, they have done away with local customer support over the phone and have outsourced to Mexico and India. These people can’t speak or understand English! Trying to explain a problem to them is like talking to a three year old child. When you ask for a supervisor, they hang up on you. We need competitors to supply cable and high speed internet. That’s the only way it will get better.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

First why are we not allowed to give zero stars?! I decided to get a TIVO so that I could record more than two things at once as on their regular DVR. 11/18/2019 Guy comes and installs TIVO. TIVO didn’t work and Internet stops working correctly. Slow, out intermittently, can’t use Netflix or Hulu. 11/20/19 Another tech has to come to set up TIVO again. TIVO works, internet still messed up. Holidays come and go with bad service - never enough to use streaming. Called sometime week after Christmas when internet completely went out. Told it was a local outage, even though online said not. Called couple days later when still out. Said they had to send a tech. Tech doesn’t come till 1/7. Tech says the original tech didn’t ensure enough internet to support the TIVO. Got internet up but not working on the TIVO. Suggest A1 box. 1/8/2020 Called Suddenlink to see about a credit. Nope. "Will need to escalate your claim and will send a tech to install A1." No word back.

1/9 Tech installs A1. A1 is a piece of junk btw. Internet stops working again. 1/10 Call again (Also learn no customer service at local office any longer. You HAVE to call). They’ll send a tech 1/14. 1/14 Techs come and fix internet finally and say the guy who put the A1 in left a TIVO amp on and it was screwing up the signal. Call to check on that credit. Told it was never requested previously but I can get $11, I say that’s ridiculous. Rep says she can’t do more but Supervisor will call me in 1/2 hour. Still waiting for that call back 2 days later. I Called today again. Spoke with supervisor after having to waste 10 more minutes with a rep. He enters for credit from 12/30 to 1/14. s-System generates $11 credit! What? That’s not even a quarter of what I pay for just internet a month. Ugh.

WORST.CUSTOMER.SERVICE.EVER. As far as I can figure the company must be going out of business and has just given up in retaining any customers. Only keep it because we have only this or Direct here, but will most likely be cancelling soon. ATT has installed fiber optics or whatever so may need to just go to that and streaming.

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

The service techs don't show up. When they did, they did absolutely nothing. I had 6 different visits set-up with service techs and three showed. And after they left still did not have service. They never even turned on the televisions to make sure the work they "so-called" completed worked and we had a working service. The call center is just as bad if not worse. THIS COMPANY IS JUST HORRENDOUS AND NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN...COMPLETELY!!! There is just too much for me to type here as to how we have been treated but rest assured, I'm turning in their little garbage equipment and they will never see another dime of my money. I will do without before Suddenlink ever enter my home again. COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I wouldn't give it one star. It's so horrible. Our back TV wouldn't even work because they cut the ground wire too short. I read all the crappy reviews, Suddenlink was the only place I could get internet and TV through for my apartment complex. November, they never sent me my bill and cut my internet off 4 days before its due date (yes my account was current). I went into the New Bern store to try to get it figured and end up dealing with someone who was completely unable to help me. She called for a man to come over (I think his name was Cronk or something like that). He was the RUDEST EVER. He didn't even try to help me resolve my issue. He was more worried about the fact that I preferred a paper bill over a the online, the fact that I prefer a receipt over paying online.

I have had many issues with online paying so I like to have paper as back up. My husband brought this to his attention. He argued with my husband over this. He even talked about a older lady who has just left because she came in to pay her bill with cash and not online. Customer service via phone is just as bad but I was able to make a small headway with them.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

In 4 days I spent over 4 hours on the phone with numerous people at Suddenlink with nothing corrected. The week of Christmas I called Suddenlink to transfer an account into my son's name because the roommate graduate college and was moving out. They told me they could not transfer the account because there was a late payment (this was due to a credit card change not being updated on autopay) and I would have to open a new account. They did this and put in a disconnection for the previous owner without any permission from him. When I called back and paid for the install on January 7, I learned I could pay the bill on the previous account and reactivate it without having an install charge. I asked them to credit the install back to my credit card and keep the previous account since the owner paid everything that was due once he learned of the issue.

On January 8, I talked to new sales and asked to cancel my account again and he said it will take 2 hours to cancel the new account and then I could call back to reactivate the previous account. I called on January 9 and spoke with new sales again and the lady said she put notes in clarifying everything going on. She said someone would definitely get back to me today and took my contact number in. Never received a call! I called back on Jan. 10, spoke with new sales and was told I would have to wait 11 days until the account closes to reactivate the other one. This is not acceptable because school starts Jan 13 and internet will be needed for college. I asked them to keep the new account open and waive the installation fee.

I spoke to a supervisor who was less than helpful. He admitted by the notes it was numerous employees mistake but could not do anything about it. They don't have the budget to waive the install; they can only coach the employees. Explain why you can get free installation online, but he can't waive the fee for your employees' mistakes?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I live in Eureka Ca and haven't had a problem with Suddenlink until I asked why I was paying $200 a month when deals were far less. A rep lowered my cost but apparently made 2 accounts. Every time I phoned in my payment it would say I was disconnected and yet my services worked great! In Dec 2019 I decided to ask why I was disconnected but my payments still went through and the service worked. The rep said there were "2" accounts and he would send a ticket to apply my payment to the active account. Without warning or letter or phone call.. I found myself disconnected Jan 8th (a week before the next payment) I called.

The reps have been extremely nice, but I am still disconnected after their misapplied payment, the first rep apparently didn't fix anything and I am left waiting 72 hours for suddenlink to turn on my paid for services without a credit or some compensation for the days the service is off. The oversight in this company is lacking and it would be better for people to either turn it off, go to another internet provider and stream your tv from there! Perhaps after the loss of customers, suddenlink will find the time to reorganize and expedite their billing oversights.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

No internet from 20 December to 7 January and still down. Purchased 3 Roqu. Can't use them. No internet. Terrible service and a phone call is a waste of time. Paying for nothing. Where is the government when you need them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Had Suddenlink for 2years and always purchased Safeguard. (Protects you in any service calls.) Called Technician and set appointment. Asked to call before come out. Tech calls and says 1 hour out. So my wife had to leave. Courtesy call to Tech and asked to reschedule. Got billed $60 charge for "No one home charge" So I called and asked to remove charge. Suddenlink says I have to call 800 number to cancel. I DID NOT KNOW THAT! IF SOMEONE INFORMED ME TO CALL TO SAVE $60, I WOULD!!

My argument is that I called and let Tech know no one will be home. So Suddenlink wouldn't refund me the service call fee because billing said "CANT REMOVE SERVICE FEES FROM SYSTEM" So I get ROYALY SCREWED! Communication by Suddenlink Tech would have been appreciated so I wouldn't have to pay and additional $60. Suddenlink basically says, "Sorry can't help you - you're just going to have to pay cause I cant adjust it." I paid $60 for a Suddenlink screw up! I would question the Safeguard coverage as well! Don't use Suddenlink!!! They will take your money even if they screw up!!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I have had Suddenlink for about five years with no real issues. Now about two weeks ago, I cannot log in to my email. I called CS and after 20 minutes on hold I get a CSR. I explain the problem and after another 15 to 20 minutes, I'm told the issue is that I have two email accounts (mine and my wife). Due to setting up two email accounts it created a problem. What? I have never had an issue with two email accounts with any other provider. Are they saying you have to pay for two complete internet packages for two emails? Besides that being nuts, we created both of those accounts FIVE FREAKING YEARS ago and it's now a problem? So, she said she was escalating the problem and I'll receive a call within 48 hours. That was a week ago.

I call again this morning explaining it is still not working. They want me to confirm my info. And now says my address is not the correct address. You mean the address you have been sending my bill to for five years? After a 15 minute hold he says he has that problem resolved and he is escalating my problem to a higher tier tech support and I can expect a call within 72 hours. WHAT THE ACTUAL **. I asked for a supervisor and he told me I'll get the same response from them.

In summary, Suddenlink doesn't give a damn about your service, only your money. If I ever manage to get back into my email, I'll be moving my important email out and deleting the rest along with the email account. Do not ever trust this company with your email, especially if you are using it for important business needs. They will leave you hanging, costing you time and money.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Absolutely the WORST customer service imaginable. Their voice mail system will waste half your day and no one will ever answer. They are a disaster!!!! Unfortunately the are the only provider and I have to deal with them. I wish I could intact PHONE RAGE --- like road rage!!! If there is any possibility of getting some other provider- DO IT!!! These greedy idiots need to be out of business.

Not sure about Suddenlink?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Internet Service Provider for you.

Suddenlink Company Information