Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5
Based on 1,016 ratings submitted in the last year

Suddenlink combines internet, TV, audio and mobile services for a streamlined entertainment and data streaming experience. Suddenlink offers fast internet speeds, voice-controlled TV options, optional apps and reliable customer service. The company offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and does not require contracts.

BOTTOM LINE

Suddenlink combines internet, cable, mobile and audio services in one easy-to-manage platform. Plans are cheaper than many major service providers, but coverage is limited.

PROS

• Plans start at $35 a month
  • Easy-to-use central platform
  • Price for life options on some plans

CONS

• Not available in all areas
  • Difficult to cancel

Top Suddenlink Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Everyone is very nice in person or on the phone. They answer questions, seem happy with their jobs, always make sure I'm taken care of before I get off the phone or leave the office. Very nice, cordial, respectful. Anytime we've had someone come to the house they're always very nice and professional

I have been with Suddenlink about a year and a half. Their technical performance has been excellent. I have appointment with their customer service representatives online, over the phone, and in person. They have been friendly, professional, and very helpful...Overall, I am very pleased with the com

Suddenlink Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Suddenlink use to have the best internet service but since they have changed to Altice it is really POOR quality and this all in one service really sucks. We were out of service for almost a month and they refuse to give us credit and the bill is supposed to be set but it keeps going up and up and up and we can't see why. So during the pandemic we decided to add cable to lower our bill. We have been customers for years and we only had phone and internet service and they have been trying to get us to get cable for many years and we finally decide to add cable to lower our bills and the bill was 68.18 more than what they said it would be and the bill is still like 30.00 more than what we was told it would be.

The customer service is so awful and all they do is lie and steal your money. What customer service department that does not document when a customer calls in with problems with their service. The supervisors are not any better. I would not recommend this service to Satan. I see why they have so many bad reviews and in trouble in other states. They don't show they appreciate your business and I hate they don't have where you can speak to someone in person because calling in they will not tell you the truth and they tell you they are doing things that they are not doing.

They will put you on hold for a long period of time and sometimes will not come back. I have had a representative hang up in my face because he got upset because he couldn't answer my question. I have worked in customer service 30 years of my life and I pride myself on customer service and they have some of the worst and if the supervisors are the same then you can see where the reps. get if from.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Generally the people are nice to talk to but that's about it. I had internet in Kingman Arizona and transferred the account to my roommate when I moved out. It was absolutely unreasonable how many times I made phone calls to make sure the account was transferred. I was assured by 3 different managers that the account was taken care of and that the services were no longer in my name. Each request was made 2-3 weeks apart. Until I was told finally that the roommate had absolute control of the account and could take care of everything from that point on. Now my old roommate is moving out and went to cancel the account and found out it is still in my name. It has been over a year since I used the service and they were still running it under my name. If the roommate just moved out and never told me I wouldn't have known until it went to collections. I just don't understand how they messed this up so many times.

Get buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have had it with this company. After requesting a bill for 6 months, being charged late fees for the bills I never received and making multiple phone calls to get the matter resolved I’m told it’s my responsibility to pay my bill and that I should go online and figure out what I owe. So apparently it’s ok for them to not send a bill but it’s required you track it down and pay on time. Next issue... price for life is a lie. Only 12 months with no explanation for the price increase. When I was able to speak with someone after being on hold over an hour all they can tell me is look in the top corner and you will see the difference in price. Guess they assumed I can’t read but couldn’t give an explanation as to why it increased.

Third Issue.... I pay my bill several weeks in advance now (usually prior to receiving the bill) to ensure there are no late fees. Odd how my check never seems to be processed until the day after it’s due and then I’m given a late fee. Then I’m forced to waste my free time sitting on hold in an attempt to correct the problem. Today I’m calling prior to the due date because it’s been 16 days since the money was sent by my bank. I asked for their suggestion because I do not want to pay twice this month and here is the response....”I do not see nothing about a check. The bill is still due.” It’s unfortunate there are no alternatives for internet in my area. It’s next to impossible to speak to a person, they are very rude and generally offer zero help after you have patiently waited over an hour for each phone call. If I could actually trust this company I would sign up for automatic payments which is what they want so you don’t notice the price changes and fees.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

I have been an unhappy customer for 12 years due to there being no alternatives in our area. This company does not care at all about customer service or satisfaction. It is very difficult to actually get to speak with a person, and when you finally connect it is with someone in a foreign country who knows nothing and puts you on hold.

I have never been late in paying my monthly bill, yet for the past two billing have cycles I received threatening bills saying I was behind in my account and that service would be disrupted without immediate payment. Both months I paid two weeks in advance, but nothing was credited until much later. When I asked why, I was told it was due to COVID - that they didn't have people working in the office! For a company this large that has plenty of resources if they're willing to supply their staff with alternative methods of doing their accounting, this is a ridiculous non-answer. If I had ANY other choice for this service, I would jump at it. Any company coming into West Virginia offering good service and honest answers and explanations would be much sought after!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

Suddenlink had offered me a gift card then I upgraded, got more channels and they said because I added channel I would not get my gift card. That's wrong. They will cheat you out gift card. Don't un grand or upgrade your channel after you get gift card. 4th month. I got cheated out mine.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

I first loved Suddenlink, Price was right, great speed. When I signed up, I was told the phone would be $25 a month for life. Several years later, I use cell phones only, so let's cancel the landline. No problem, I should save less than $25 a month. Got herded into retention, agent said if I un-bundle and just have internet, my bill would go up. I had 100meg internet speed when it started, now it is down to 50's. $123+ a month for just 50 meg internet? What a ripoff, they can do it, because there is no other provider in my area.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

First of all, their internet service is the worst. It is a miracle if you can watch a two hour movie without interruption. I got a message to update my credit card as the time on it was nearing expiration. So I made an attempt online. Their site wouldn't take it and it kept on telling me to call them. So in the time most need for internet services, I have to call as it it is 1960's. So I call the number that was supplied to me. I wait for 45 minutes and finally, I gave up. So I tried their "Chat Box". I was there another for another 30 minutes and their virtual assistant would not connect me to a live agent. So what am I to do? It is extremely frustrating. I wished I had alternatives, but they have the monopoly in Mammoth Lakes.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

We have limited options for internet where we live and this is the ONLY reason we are still with Suddenlink. We’ve been without internet for nearly a month. Their maintenance guy named Charles has told the tech that our connection issue is above his pay grade and that we should cancel our service because he can’t and won’t fix it. We’ve had almost daily calls to customer service who tells us they’ve escalated our issue and we should have it fixed sometime soon. It is extremely disheartening when a company operates in this manner. There are no US contact numbers or emails available to the consumer to reach a US based representative. It’s just sad to be stuck with this company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

So I called Suddenlink a few weeks before we moved to new address. I told him 203. For some reason he put in 206. The tech never called to tell me he was on his way. He hooked up service at that address. I called to find out what was going on. They said I had service hooked up. Clearly I did not since no one showed up at my house. I explained to them that I saw the Suddenlink guy at my neighbor's house, expecting them to come to my house next, thinking the neighbor had Suddenlink at their house to do some work. I went inside and came back out and Suddenlink was gone.

I tried to get this resolved all weekend with customer service. They had no clue what was going on or what I was trying to explain. I even got a work order later in my email about the work done, the equipment/serial numbers and all of that with a signature on the work order which was not mine. I finally asked them to stop service at that address and have a tech install service at the right address which is the 203 address. They finally showed up 3-4 days later.

But I wondered what about the equipment that was still at that house? So I called in to talk to Suddenlink. When I listened to the automated process it said that I owed $6 for the service at the 206 address and I would have to pay it before I could proceed with anything else on the call (like talking to a human). I called again and found a way around that to finally talk to customer service. They said the equipment is something I would have to return. And it's tied to my credit. But I didn't sign for it. It clearly has someone's else's name for the signature. I decided to go to the Suddenlink store and they gave me a number to call and ask for retentions. I called them and they agreed to remove the $6 charge and told me the equipment would not be an issue.

Here we are a week later and I decided to check on that. So I called today and they said that there is a piece of equipment still at that residence and that I would have to return it to the store or mail it in. I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE HOUSE. It's not my residence. I don't know why they let Suddenlink in. I don't know why Suddenlink did not verify whether it was my house or not. I don't know why Suddenlink didn't call me to tell me they were on the way or why the technician didn't call me to ask if it is ok for some random person to sign this work order. The funny part is when I did get service hooked up at my house I asked the guy if he needed my signature. "No I don't need it".

This has been a very long week and a half. I have spent hours (seriously probably over 15 hours) on about 20 calls trying to do the right thing here. I don't know what else to do other than let everyone else know. I realize that I could just go over to this random house and ask for the equipment back. There are other reasons why no one in the neighborhood will go to that house. So that's not an option. I also don't understand why Suddenlink cant send a technician over to that house and pick it up or when they went to disconnect service they didn't pick up the equipment then. I'm at a loss for words...

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

Spring Hill Kansas has the third worst internet speeds in the entire U.S. and Suddenlink is so bad we are putting in our own fiber network to get rid of horrible latency, frequent outages, and atrocious customer service. They take our money and run.

Suddenlink Company Information