1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

216 Suddenlink Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Since the buyout, our service is constantly out. The technicians come out, they know where the problem lies and will not repair it. Therefore our service is in and out weekly. We reported a tree down on the line back in August 2018 and they said they will not remove the tree until the line is broken. Which means we will be without service. We are without service today 12/11/2018. We are looking into other options as we are going to switch.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I ordered Suddenlink with free installation. When the technician finished his job, he asked me to sign the completion of order. I signed. Then this disgusting live poop machine stepped out and stayed in his truck doing something without coming back to my place. 10 minutes later, he drove away. During his time in the truck, I connected my device to the router to test the internet myself. Days later, when I checked my bill, there was a 50 dollar charge. I called and was told that the technician did a premiere installation including helping me connect my device to the internet.

This is insane. The technician only did the simple installation, nothing more. The technician even forgot its equipment and had to go back and get it. There is absolutely no explanation from the technician during the installation. After the simple installation, this disgusting live poop machine stayed in his truck, probably detecting me connecting my device and reporting to Suddenlink to claim that HE HELPED WITH THIS! When I tried to call Suddenlink to explain this, a supervisor said he would not trust me - a regular customer. He would only trust the technician. How stupid you can be when you say this. It is the customers who make your company possible! If a company don't care about its customers, why should customers go with its service! Shame on you, Suddenlink!

Get expert buying tips about Internet Service Providers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

For the last 3 months all 3 of my services have been going in and out 10 to 15 times a day for 10-20 minutes at a time. I've had multiple service visits that result in nothing. Many phone calls which also result in nothing. I've told them multiple times that within 3 miles of my house multiple trees are laying on the lines and 1 pole is snapped in half and dangling by the lines. It's been 8 months and they have made no effort to fix these. The Worst part of all of this is they have a company policy that if you have service at all during the day even if it's 10 minutes out of a 24 hour period they consider your service provided and will not discount your bill at all. I Never thought I would find worse service than Charter but I have. Suddenlink is the worst company I have ever done business with in my life.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

In September of this year I was charged for a MMA PPV fight that I never ordered, never watched, nor could I being our internet and TV service was not working for 2 1/2 days. Despite proving in writing on 3 separate occasions to 3 separate Supervisors that nothing was working and they had no verification that I ordered said PPV being it was input by a robot, they would not remove the charge. I received a written response from one CS representative stating charge would be removed but they later refused to remove the 101.00 fee. At 60 yrs old I have never ordered a PPV movie or any other service in my lifetime. Suddenlink turned off my services today. If you have no options for another service in your area as I do. MOVE. Don't ever put yourself through what Suddenlink has put me and my community through. They are the most unprofessional organization I have ever encountered.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. For four months, we’ve been paying Suddenlink for Cable, High-Speed Internet, and phone service. We’ve NEVER had phone service. Our Cable has only been HD on one TV in the house. We have only started getting picture, AT ALL, on 2 sets about two weeks ago, and HD on all 3 in the last week. Internet is spotty, at best. Service will randomly drop out at any time and might stay out from 5min to over an hour. On several occasions? We’ve lost internet for a full day. High Speed Internet? Is obviously a joke. It’s supposed to be 150 - 200Mbs (Megabytes per Second). I’ve yet to experience speeds over 50Mbs. On average? 12-24Mbs, with speeds sometimes coming in at under 90 kilobytes per second for extended periods.

Customer service/tech service? Another sadistic joke. Having to get through their Automated Phone Maze EVERY. SINGLE. TIME Is trying enough. But then I get to deal with phone techs who can do nothing but remote reset my modem (I’ve done that already. Several times) and set-up Service Tech visits. Fine. Whatever. This becomes problematic however, when the classic, cable co 8am-5pm Wait-all-day Appointment, passes and the service tech never shows up or even calls. Don’t bother calling to check arrival time, their Machine will just tell you, ‘Your Tech should arrive between 7 pm and 8:30 pm’. And the Tech won’t show up or call then either.

This has happened 4 times so far. And whether or not it gets better or WORSE when the Tech DOES decide to show? Is a roll of the Dice. 5th VISITING TECH encounter: Tech actually came, did some work outside the house (Mind you, he never even let us know he was here/working), and then vanished... Without checking INSIDE THE HOUSE to see if the work they did had any effect on Service. HINT: It did. Both my Cable and my Internet are out. I’ve got no service, no tech, and all the Customer Service Manager I called to yell at could tell me was, ‘The next available appointment will be next week.’

No service and no tech for one week... If the tech decides to show up as scheduled. OH! I almost forgot!! Customer service phone mgmt informs us that, should our TV/Phone/Internet mysteriously come OUT of its coma for a few seconds and cough up ONE KILOBYTE of information? That would constitute, ‘Daily Usage’, and we would not be eligible for an entire days worth of credit on whichever service choked that minuscule info packet through.

Again; we have been paying Sudddenlink completely, consistently, promptly, and without fail, since we INITIATED SERVICE with these people. Paying at FULL price for inconsistent, unreliable, and now nonexistent service that they cannot, are not, or are not willing to provide. Some might call that fraud. Others might call it extortion. Out here it’s known as Suddenlink.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Suddenlink?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I have internet and cable from Suddenlink. For the past year I have had outages on both several time every day that last from 5 seconds to a minute. This, of course, is highly annoying. After several online chat sessions and two visits by a Suddenlink techs I have no resolution. Both techs advised the problem is not with my equipment or house wiring but rather their neighborhood equipment being overloaded. They also advised that the equipment had been scheduled for upgrading in 2017 but that was nixed when Altice bought them.

Today, before cancelling my service, I decided to give Suddenlink or Altice corporation a heads up to make sure they knew they were losing business based on their allocation of capital. Altice has no online information (email or phone number) to make a corporate complaint. Suddenlink had a phone number (yeah!) but it is now disconnected (boo). I did another chat session to get the correct information and the Suddenlink "chatter" gave me the disconnected phone number to resolve my problem. He then gave me "customer care" phone number to solve my problem. The second number works if you want to add service, buy a pay-per-view or upgrade your package but has no option for complaints and no way to reach an operator person for help. OK, I give up Suddenlink.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

When I signed up for services with Suddenlink they set the expectations that I would not have any charges due to me already having services. What happened I get a bill with extra charges, I’ve called 15 times and the company don’t want to do a tape pull of the call because they have to OWN it. I’ve been sick and I explained that to the rep that I didn’t need any surprises because I’m trying to manage the little money I have coming in. She assured me I wouldn’t. Now I’m here stuck with a bill in the amount of $601 because they keep charging me with services I’m not using. If you want a company that is not professional and not ethical choose Suddenlink.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

After several attempts to call tech support, due to having slow internet, which I was paying for, they finally 30 months later discovered that the modem they installed could not handle the high speed internet I have been paying $10 per month extra for. They sent out a tech who installed a 16 channel modem, and took the 8 channel modem which was not able to perform for high speed internet. So for 30+ months I paid $10 extra for something I never received. When I called and explained the issue I was told their policy, even though it was their mistake, would only return a 1 month's credit for $10. I guess I am just out the other $290 I paid, but didn't get. Buyer beware!!! Big business is a numbers game, I guess some get a fair deal, the others just have to deal with it!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I encourage everyone to take pictures of the technician, date/time and work they do. In complaining about a service charge I don't feel is justified, they insist that the fix was actually the first thing they did, not the last. We upgraded our service to obtain Tivo. Before getting this, our TV service didn't have any problems. Following the equipment trade-out, we continued to experience pixeling/freezing while attempting to watch TV. Not only was it on the main TV where the Tivo was installed, but also on other TVs that were not on cable boxes. This poor picture quality also reflected in the Tivo recordings.

Suddenlink sent a technician who said the problem was some of our connections and re-tipped some of the coax cables and traded-out a spliter. The problem continued, mostly in the evenings. So we placed another service call, and obviously got a different technician. We showed him an example of what we were experiencing via the Tivo playback. He checked the prior technicians work, and then went-out and examined the connections from the pedestal to the house and declared the problem to be the pedestal connection. He then replaced the cable from there to the house box and the problem went away.

When I contacted Suddenlink about the $60 charge, telling them that none of this happened until they installed the Tivo equipment, and that the first technician replacing the splitter didn't resolve it, but the 2nd technician finding a bad pedestal connection did, they insist that the sequence of events was the other way, and that the pedestal cable replacement didn't solve it, and that the replacement of the splitter did and that justifies their charging the service fee because it was inside work. My argument has been that it wasn't the root problem, it was the bad connection/cable between the house box and their pedestal.

I also outlined working with the technician in replacing the pedestal cable and then re-entering the house and checking/discovering the pixeling was not happening any longer. Furthermore, there has been no problems since that outside cable was replaced. All during this discussion they're continuing to try and get me to purchase their wiring plan for $6.99 a month. So I got the impression that that's their focus... adding additional revenue, and ignoring that the first technician did not actually resolve the problem. But they're not budging at all on this. I even explained that I didn't have a 4-way splitter, I had a 10-way signal leveling splitter, but they insist I had a 4-way!

So... if you do any service calls with them, be sure to video record everything along with date/time stamping it, since it's seems to be easy for them to adjust their records to justify their actions. I would also recommend calling them each time and request they place notes on the account. BTW - I've been a customer of their since prior to Suddenlink taking over the local cable company and their continuously raising rates. I wish we had another choice in our area and not this monopoly!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

So I was scheduled for a technician to come out and fix my internet on Sept 24 2018. That day UniSource cut a major Suddenlink cable line. I was given no call and no one came that day. But the tech said he came and called so I got charged $60. The second time on Oct 11 I told them to come in the afternoon and they came in the morning and tagged my door so I get charged another $60. The third time the tech comes in the afternoon when I'm home and explains why my service was dropping and fixed it. So today I call and try and get my bill fixed. That didn't happen. They charged me $120 plus late fees so now my bill is up to $240. Your company sucks!!! Most of your employees suck!!! And the owner sucks and can kiss my you know what. Your company should be ashamed!!!

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

I have had the unfortunate displeasure of having this suck butt service for 5 years and it's been a nightmare from day one!!! I never get what I pay for and all they do is keep raising the price and service gets WORSE!!! I pay for 30 on the down and 2 on the up and the best I get is 5 on the down and 1.5 on the up!!! Yet they keep raising the price!!! I ** hate this scumbag company and will dog them forever!!! And if I had a choice I would drop these scumbags like a hot potato!!! But I cannot get anything else but satellite and we all know how bad that is!!! DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE OR YOU WILL BE SORRY.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

On October 13, 2018 I had scheduled an install for internet service. As stated on their website it said the installation fee was $49. I had to pay first month's bill and installation fee up front ($91.55), which I did immediately. On the day of installation I stated to the tech we could install it in the kitchen (which already had outside access into the interior of the home). The technician stated that an easier location would be in the bedroom, which is closer to the outside access point. I told him that would be fine.

On October 19, 2018 I received an a bill for an additional $25+tax for an additional outlet installation charge. I called Suddenlink and talked with a supervisor and explained my situation. She stated to me she could not help me and that since it was an additional outlet they would charge me. I explained that the technician is the one that suggested the instillation into the bedroom and I was never told there would be an extra charge. She stated that the policies for Suddenlink state that the technician is not required to let the consumer know that there would be an extra charge. So this company can now apparently, according to Suddenlink, can charge a consumer for additional fees without putting them of notice. I filed a complaint with the FCC. FYI their IVR system is the worst phone system to contact anyone I have ever used, pathetic at best.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

We've tried to have Suddenlink out to our home on 3 separate occasions. All I can say is that we are very angry that this is one of the ONLY providers in the area that has 'high-speed' internet. This complaint is for the cable installation and set-up. Issue #1: Originally had a technician scheduled to come to our home, during the week, between 8 AM - 12 PM. I got onto their "where's my technician" website and was told that the tech would arrive between 7:45 - 8:15 AM. 12:00 PM rolled by and the technician never showed.

Received a call at 11:15, stating that he was 30 minutes away, meaning he would arrive at 11:45, asked what we ordered and what equipment needed to come out. Said that Dispatch did not provide any of the ticket information he needed to show up. I tried to call him back, immediately, after finding out I needed to go to a meeting at noon. He showed up at 12:30, as I was pulling out of my driveway to go back to work. He then said that Dispatch didn't give him the right information.

Issue #1.a: Customer service was severely unhelpful with this situation, after describing that it was unacceptable to have the service technician page state they would be here around 7:45 AM and 8:15 AM. The CS agent argued with me, saying the system can't say that. I told her that I can show a screenshot of what YOUR system is telling me. She then tried talking over me during this time and I just about went off on her in a way that my mother would be embarrassed by. Completely unacceptable, when this was their fault.

Issue #2: After we scheduled another technician to come out to the house to install the equipment, he left before all of the Tivos were set-up. He said "It will take some time to get these updated. About 2 hours and you're good to go." An hour into it, the mini did not work and was not responding to anything that we did. We called customer service and they said that he did not set it up correctly.

Issue #2.a: Another call to customer service and was debating with the rep, stating that they don't do weekend service tech calls. Told her that we had our last service on Saturday, and that they do make weekend calls. She then asked "Did you pay your bill?". I about flipped my lid, because our account is on auto-pay. She then took an extra 10 minutes trying to figure out her system so that she could see we were current on our bill and that they did make weekend calls.

Issue #3: Scheduled to have another technician come out on Sunday, between 8 AM and 10:00 AM. Technician never called. I called customer service at 8:00 AM, because "Where's my technician" said the appointment was from 10:30 - 11:50 AM. I called to find out why this was done, if they schedule the appointments from their system. I was told, again, Dispatch and Customer Service systems do not 'talk' to one another, and that they have no way of making them come out, but would try and contact Dispatch to get someone out there ASAP.

If they would not be able to make it during the time, then to call by 9:00 AM. No one called, except at 12:07 PM, stating "The technician is at your home and the dogs are barking. Are you able to make it to the house for the appointment?" Are you kidding me? 2 hours past the appointment time and you want me to drop my family event to come and get the cable box installed correctly, as it should have been done the first time.

Issue #3a: I called customer service the next day (today) to find out why our appointment slot was not respected and that we are not paying the full bill for cable for November (our total bill, with internet is a whooping $173.00!), that if they do not deeply credit us for this consistent issues, that we're leaving. Was told by "Donna" that they do not fully credit months, that if that was the expectation, then we need to pretty much leave. Then, after being on hold for over 3 minutes, was hung up on. Got with "Anthony" on the redial, and he said he was IM'ing her and that she said "Her system has to reboot, and that she would call when she's is ready to discuss". I am taking this as, it's not going to happen and you might as well pack up and leave.

I'm sorry - but for those in Montgomery, TX, RUN AWAY from this provider. It is the worst when you are trying to get your services up and running. From Internet, which was an absolute joke, to the cable, we cannot get good service out in our area. With the continually increasing population, the infrastructure on these types of service is definitely lacking on the counties part. We're transferring everything away from Suddenlink. I'd rather deal with slower internet than have to give another $$$ to Suddenlink.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I disconnected service and turned in equipment on 8/26. At that time I had a balance owed me of $129.56. Service was disconnected on 9/1. After that, I received a bill for 9/1 - 9/30 service (74.99). After that, I received a bill for 10/1 - 10/31 service (118.34). After FIVE calls to billing trying to get an explanation of why I am being billed for service AFTER I disconnected, I am told the account has been disconnected on 9/1 and I will receive a refund check of 21.67. STAY AWAY FROM SUDDENLINK!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Can never get TNT if there is a golf match on, never get ESPN if there's a big game on. I called their customer service, after 30 minutes navigating through their menu and then being transferred to someone who literally told me the only way to get credited for any cable you pay for is if your cable is out for at least 23 hours. Wow! What about not being able to watch the Players golf tournament or right now, I'm in the Houston area, and the Astros are playing Boston on TBS... no reception. This is absolutely the worst service I have ever received from any provider in my life and I'm 67 years old. Sorry but true.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I just had Suddenlink installed and have had nothing but problems with reception, connection and calling into them. When you call into them, you have so many options that do not apply to why you are calling. NO option to speak with a LIVE person. After trying several options, you then get a LIVE person. Extremely disappointed and frustrated with them. Truly considering going back to DirecTV. At least with DirecTV you can get a LIVE person when you call. The ONLY reason I left DirecTV was because when it storms or rains hard you lose your reception. I was told that with Suddenlink that does not happen but geez give an option to get a LIVE person when you call their number. Bottom line... VERY DISAPPOINTED AND FRUSTRATED WITH THEIR SERVICE AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IS RUDE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I have used Suddenlink internet for about 8 years, 5 with my husband and then 3 on my own. In the three years I have had Suddenlink, my payments went from $70 to $123 (same plan all three years, unlimited, up to 100 Mbps download) The charges were never announced, there were no improvements in service. In fact, they had become worse, but I was patient because I had been with the company for years with no real complaints.

I lost my job and fell behind and my service was suspended. I made a payment of 2/3 of what I owed and she said that once I resume my services there may be a $10 fee, about 3 weeks later, I paid off the remainder. I called them to have them resume my services. The first person I spoke with said that I should have service within the hour after my payment went through. I waited an hour and I still had no internet. I called again, this person said it should be on in 45 minutes to 2 hours from the time my payment went through. I waited 2 hours after my last call (over 3 hours from payment) and still had no service so I called again. This person said that upon further inspection they had done a hard disconnect on my service.

I was never informed of a hard disconnect and this was just 2 weeks after I had paid off 2/3 of what I owed and no one mentioned a disconnect was set if not paid in full by a certain day. The person I was on with said, "It's no problem we will send someone out to reconnect (in 3 days). Two day later I got a call from the technician, they are all set to install my cable services. I was confused, I let her know that I didn't order cable services and that all I needed was a simple reconnect at the box. She transferred me to "customer service". The lady that I spoke to was not very helpful.

Then she said I would have to pay a $40 reconnect fee. I explained to her that there was never a reason to disconnect and that I was told that there would only be a $10 fee. She started in with a passive aggressive tone so I asked her to transfer me to someone that could actually help me. She ended up transferring me to collections. I explained what was going on to the lady in the collections department. She said not only will I owe the $40 reconnect fee, but that before they will restore my internet I will also have to pay my estranged husband's written off debt of $241.

I told her I am not going to pay someone elses bill. She explained that even if the debt owed was from a roommate that I would be required to pay off the debt from the address before they would allow me to continue my service and that it is the company policy since they were bought by Altice. So I told her that it was terrible how the company had gotten (she said, "Believe me, I know.") and that I will just need to change carriers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Sudden Junk decided to change the channel line up again. The last two weeks, the internet was slower than dial-up. I called and talked with them. We don't see anything wrong. Well idiots that answer service calls should know that the system is being worked on, they don't!!! I will schedule a service technician to come out. Why? It's your servers that are the problem, not my end. I am an electronic engineer, I mean you're talking bull. I'm not going to pay for them to send a technician and when he leaves have the same problem.

So now there informing customers after the fact to re-scan there TV's because of the channel lineup change on the digital. That's fine, I don't know who was the genius that laid out the lineup. I mean if you're going to change the channel lineups, put the sports together, the kids and family together. It really has no improvement. OK, so they failed to inform their customers. We offer free HD, but you have to pay extremely high receiver fees if you want to see HD channels. Now that they have done this my HD receivers are missing over half of its channels. I have reached the point that the TV service is going and if there was a competitor the internet would be too and still may. I mean at least on dial-up I know what I'm going to get. With Sudden Junk, you never know. They pay their people to lie to customers.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

After several menus (none with option for technician) and 3 fix-it bullets, none of which worked, I hit a wrong number and got disconnected, on second try I got to a menu with more options for me to try and fix it. What I wanted to know was why the box shuts off several times a week near the end of a program. Our electric co. is wiring for cable tv, and telephone, internet, a little higher $ but maybe more dependable.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I would not recommend Suddenlink to any of my friends. This company has the worst customer service imaginable. In August my internet speed was very slow and I called customer service. At that time they told me they would have a technician come out at no charge and look at my modem. The technician discovered that I needed a damper put on my modem and my speed would improve. He told me that there would be no charge because there was no cabling work done. I got my bill and had a $60 service fee added to it. I called Suddenlink customer service and they told me that I should have known better than to believe the customer service rep and technician. They flat-out lied to me and refused to refund the $60 service charge.

The speed of my internet is still not fixed and now I have a charge that they refuse to refund. On top of that, the customer service rep was extremely rude and when I asked to speak to her supervisor she said it was impossible because they have no phone number. When I asked for their name the customer service rep gave me R O B (she wouldn't even say the name Rob). I will never go back to Suddenlink and I would strongly recommend if you have a choice of Internet providers to go with another company.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I called because my internet speed wasn’t where it should be. After testing over the phone, the C/S Rep said they would schedule somebody to come out. They come out & new modem they say is bad. They don’t fix anything. 2 weeks later my bill comes in with a service charge that I was never told anything about. I call & talk to Rep & Supervisor but they won’t remove the fee. They said I don’t have inside coverage plan - never been made aware of at any time. This is bad communication on their part. In some part of the communication they should have told me I would have been charged for this service call. I don’t agree with this. What service do they provide?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

SUDDENLINK... strikes again! Suddenlink’s latest move to cut costs (and further reduce customer satisfaction) is its replacement of its older, readable, usable and more powerful TV remote with a new, tiny, cheaply built, and almost unreadable unit. If your old Suddenlink remote fails, or if you are a new customer, you’ll no longer receive the Atlas unit. Instead, you’ll receive the “Maestro” (T4HU1617 46k... a tiny POS). Consider this: The “Maestro” doesn’t have backlit buttons (keep a flashlight ready). The “Maestro” buttons are tiny, with even tinier letters (get out the magnifying glass or your readers). The “Maestro” doesn’t have a “video source” button. The “Maestro” is very, very cheaply built (so handle it carefully... it’s going to fail). The Suddenlink employees (storefront people and techs) I’ve talked to admit that customers hate the new unit. Suddenlink, however, doesn’t seem to care.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My husband and I signed to get internet and cable and we also wanted the sports package. When the technician came to install everything not only did he come 2 hours late but he came unprepared. He came with no DVR box that we needed for the cable which meant no sports. 3 weeks later still no box. At this point I had to call because no one was calling us and I told them that I just wanted to do the 30 day money back that they were advertising before I was charged for services I was not using.

On top of everything they were charging me a ridiculous amount for my first month's bill and I called to see about that. The rep that I spoke with was trying to see what was going on and promised that I would get a phone call back once he knew what my final balance would be. Today woke up with my services suspended. I called to get my services reconnected and was told that there was also a reconnection fee. I asked to get that waived and of course that was a no. So basically I told them that they are quick to disconnect my services but not quick to help out their customers. I will never recommend them nor will we ever do business with them again. Also they are more expensive than what I was paying with AT&T and I had phone, internet and cable with them. With Suddenlink I only had internet and cable. Like I said major letdown!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I saw a promotion for Suddenlink, where you can switch and not only get cable internet but it included Netflix for a year for free. At the time I had Directv and my bill was increasing. I never had an outage either Directv or technical problems. I was with them for two years. I was trying to budget and Suddenlink sounded like a better option at the time. BIG MISTAKE, very big mistake!!! I’ve now had Suddenlink for two months. Every week there’s an outage then my bill jumped from $90 to $200! They expect their money but I can’t use the internet or cable so no Netflix no nothing! I’m furious! They scheduled a technician to come out but that’s $60 lol. Nooo don’t do it. Runnn! Very very very bad service. Although the customer service reps are nice, this service sucks!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been a customer of Suddenlink for nearly 10 years, regardless of the multiple screw ups they have had over the years. Recently my bill was raised about 11.00 without any explanation. I called to find out what happened and I was told "our company has the right to increase our fees at any time, is on our disclosure that you should read". Nice to know that they have those, may be your next customer might read them. For the price I am getting internet at this company, I could go somewhere else and get a higher speed for less, and if I am lucky better customer service...that is my disclosure.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never been so frustrating with a service provider ever. Here is what happened. 1. I chose $59.99/mo internet service, but it was automatically changed to the $89.99/mo service during the process of signing up. I did not notice until a customer service rep called me a few days ahead to remind me about installation and mentioned the service that I sign up for is 89.99/mo.

2. When I wanted to change the service back to the 59.99 one, I was asked to give them the PIN which I do not have since I have never received anything with such information. The rep insisted that I must have gotten that confirmation email! PIN is not on the confirmation email. There is only confirmation number which they do not accept. Then, I was asked to answer the security question. After talking to a very rude rep who transferred me to a line that no one answers, I redial and talked to another rep and finally got my answer right and changed the service. Otherwise, they would not let you do anything, not cancel the service or anything.

3. There is a problem with my auto payment so I was charged for late fee twice. Guess what, the auto payment button does not exist in my online account! After calling and talking to the rep (of course multiple transferring and very long wait), she cancelled my late payment and told me that I have no balance, which is not possible since I have not yet paid the bill for the last month. Anyway, I thought it can just deduct in the next due date. Now in the new bill, I have a overdue balance that I have to pay before the next due date or there will be a late fee.

However, there is no way to pay this online! According to the FAQ, there should be a one-time payment button in my account, but I have gone through all the links and IT DOES NOT EXIST!!! I have to wait until the next auto-pay day for the system to charge my credit card automatically unless I pay it by mail or in store. If you want to take care of the problem right away by phone, THERE IS A $10 CHARGE! THIS IS COMPLETELY SCAM! They make it impossible for you to pay the bill and use this opportunity to charge you and charge you! Why would a company do such a thing?? Why?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

Why do you keep charging us more for your services? Don't you know that everyone is going to quit using you because of your prices. I now have Netflix, Hulu, Amazon which comes free with Prime and all of this is cheaper than your monthly service of 200 channels. And charging people when they go over their internet services, I had internet service with you for 4 years and never went over but when I dropped my cable and just used you for internet suddenly I was over my internet allowed amount and this is one month of cancelling my cable. I get you need your money. Well then I suggest you lower your prices so people don't cut your services for lower price with more channels. But don't say I went over after 4 years.

Will be cutting internet as soon as NTS gets out to my house. And on another note I work from home sometimes and see where your internet is not what it should be. It runs slower than you say. So Suddenlink owners cut your cord. With this company the service is horrible and they don't give you what they say they do. I will never use Suddenlink again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We recently moved and got Suddenlink, from the start there has been bad communication. Not only did they come to my new home and drill holes in the side of our house without permission. We got a bill within days of signing up. Then got bills for installation which we were never told about. So we decided to cancel service. Just terrible customer service for them not wanting to be accountable for their customers and taking care of us. So we are canceled and we returned the equipment and then I get another bill for service for the upcoming month. I called in and they wanted to just fight me on it saying we owed the money which we don’t. I’ve never been so mad!!! I will never ever recommend this company to anyone ever.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I'm a very senior, handicapped person who was without telephone landline service for about 10 days. I called Suddenlink and they sent out a technician to see why the phone was dead. He was very nice but Suddenlink never told me it would cost $62. My phone was disconnected by a tile man who was replacing my floor after I flooded my house. He must have reconnected it incorrectly so I had no dial tone. I called Suddenlink to see what the $62 charge on my bill was about and they said the technician who plugged my phone into the proper space. Since I have had so many problems with my land phone in the past I thought it was Suddenlink again. My internet goes down intermittently on a daily basis as does my neighbors.

Suddenlink always has a recorded message stating there is an outage in the area and that is not true. I once saw a technician next door and asked him to check my computer because it had been down for days. He unplugged something and plugged it back in and it worked. There was no outage in the area. My cable has poor reception at times as well. Suddenlink is the worse company I have ever dealt with. When I told Suddenlink no one told me about the $62 service charge they so much as said too bad. Senior citizens must plan for their bills.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Suddenlink has the worst customer service. Two service call with no shows! Called to complain. Supervisor was suppose to call me in 24 hours. Never called! I rate this company 0, I called customer service again. The girl told me that they do not do after hour service call!

Suddenlink Company Information