Godaddy.com
2.64/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased an official website about a week ago and was still concerned because of reviews.. But I figure most people only write reviews when they are unhappy and gave it a shot. I will be posting a few more of these on my website building journey with Godaddy.com. The sales rep was not pushy just confident. His name was Josh. Answered every question I had. It was a good deal for the cost and ease of template-type website. I just need a simple one for my herb Business starting out. I had a few issues with my web builder loading and thought must be my internet or tablet or their servers. Waited a few days and called in today. Chelsea was super helpful and pleasant! She gave me some pointers such as clear your history! Worked like a charm! I will do another update once I publish. For now 5 stars on the customer and sales experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am actually writing this review because I just finished a review of my last domain hosting company (ARVIXE). I transferred my domain more than 2 years ago and they keep sending me renewal bills, trying to take it from my PayPal account. There is no one answering their phone and their CHAT is never up. I have not been able to stop it in 2 years. GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I am not genius. They have helped me several times over the past 2 years.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

A person by the name of Hanzel helped me with my Domain Connection and this person was fabulous!! Knew exactly what to do it and did it fairly quickly. I am so thankful, grateful! I am all connected now with my new website. :) Thank you so much Hanzel! - YOU ROCK!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I canceled my product (domain address) BEFORE its expiration date. I did it on the Godaddy website. Godaddy had already taken my money via credit card WITHOUT authorization, and yes, BEFORE the expiration date. I now have a debt and no product. I will not be using Godaddy again and I do not recommend it if ethical business is your thing.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have been trying to reach someone at GoDaddy support for help with my domain name service - specifically that the domain does not connect to the actual site. I sat on the phone waiting to speak with someone for over 20 minutes and finally hung up. The Chat feature sent me canned responses and no real person ever got on the chat. As a new customer, I can see that I may have made the wrong choice in Domain Name Service. What good is Support if there is none?!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Added private domain registration to my domain for a pretty hefty price, but, within two days of claiming the domain, I was getting spam on my personal!! email address, which is only linked to my domain on Godaddy itself. The spam itself was also quite bad, worded as if my domain would expire in its eligibility to ever be added to any search engines, which of course is a straight up scam. To top if off, there is no way to lodge a complaint with godaddy and they set up SEO in such a way that if you try to look for ways to complain, all links will end up on help pages, where, of course, you cannot lodge a complaint...

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

This is the second time in a few weeks that my entire site has become non responsive when I have made no changes to the site (no uploads - no changes in the back end settings). There is no reason for a static web page to be non responsive unless Godaddy is making changes to my hosting services and then not verifying that the changes actually worked and did not impact the websites being hosted. I contract customer support and they take are very slow. I have to spend hours online with them just to get them to fix a problem they created for me. I am very dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I have no idea how these guys are still in business. They are completely inept. I understand that there are technical difficulties that come up but the people that work there will just transfer you around until you give up. We had hosting with them and it was constantly down. No one could help. Response times were abysmal. We have been waiting over 8 days for our account to be upgraded (for which we were charged 3 times what it cost to develop our website) to a high level of hosting. The original hosting level was sold to us and they were confident that it had the resources we needed to run our website.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

If you have to contact customer service for this company is not up to par! Company provides invalid information. Website design, OK. If you have to contact customer service be ready for the runaround.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I just renewed my website for two years, and two weeks after that, found out that it wasn't needed. I canceled the website, but GoDaddy refuses to refund any payment. "It's not their policy." To be fair, they erroneously renewed another website, but did reverse the charges right away.

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
      There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
      What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
      Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
      What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
      How does GoDaddy measure success?
      GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
      Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
      In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
      How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
      GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information