Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.17/5

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Migrating email to Exchange there is a serious lack of transparency of what is going on and neither the emails nor the website UI provides useful information. For an internet services company there should be much better support. Had to spend a total of 9 hours on the phone working through GoDaddy issues.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

This company is not in business to sell domain names but to continue to overcharge and rip off their clients after the sale. They will trick you into a low buy in then the renewals are outrageously priced and they will charge your CC without your approval for a long term renewal on YOUR website. DO NOT USE!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Their price seemed very reasonable when I made the order. It actually included some unnecessary services at no additional cost. A year later one of those services was renewed automatically with a big price tag and I was charged unexpectedly. It was very hard to find out on their web site where to cancel the renewal (it might be better now). Also, apparently they sold my contact information to the web development companies and they kept on calling me... Very annoying. Please be very careful when dealing with Godaddy!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Being new to Godaddy.com I was quite excited about the domain offers. The ones I selected were $0.99 each. Can't beat that can you! Once in my cart they were considerably higher than the listed price, but still relatively cheap so I proceeded to try and pay for the 5 domains I had selected, total $50. The credit card payment didn't go through - that's ok, it happens! When I added the same domains a second time, for the same period the cart value was now $120. I asked their CS what happened but they could help. Wondering if they have an algorithm that pushes the price up after initial interest. Either way I felt very cheated. Please be vary careful and double check your cart value before checking out. I won't be using them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

So, one day I get a call from GoDaddy asking me what I think of their services. I explained that I am generally happy with their services and that I have a domain name simply for the associated email address. The very next week I get an email from them telling me that they no longer support the free email that comes with domain names registered with them. They have received payment from me for the next year already. That is a despicable and hurtful thing to do to someone. Call them, find out what they like and are happy with and then discontinue it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Tried to set up an account, thirty minute conversation with someone from India, was minutes away from finalizing the account, and the conversation was dropped. Started a new conversation with a new agent, thirty minutes later, while confirming the shopping cart, the conversation was disconnected again. Third agent on the line offered help but had no information on the history of my conversations, so wanted to start from square 1. If they can't hold a conversation, how do they host a website?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I bought domain and hosting from Godaddy. I am suffering many issues like Error found, hacking and unable to open some links of websites. They don't have any solution to their issues. They always ask to upgrade the plan no matter what's the problem! Totally worst service! Don't use it ever.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Stop targeting website developers. We know how crap you are. Yet I watch music while I build and get smashed with your ads 2 to 3 times in a row between songs at times. Like I strongly suggest against you as a company to all my clients. I can get better for $1 per month. You can't even speed up your parking pages. That is a joke when it's 280 ish kb and I can make a 4mb page load faster with better optimization scores.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I purchased domain name and hosting from Go Daddy in December 18. This year I did not renew my hosting and all the blog posts that I had made in the year for which I had made the payment disappeared. My website disappeared. They charged me Rs. 5000 for backup. I was forced to purchase hosting for another year to receive my backup.

I also have trouble uploading posts. Pictures don't get uploaded. Posts don't get posted. Changes don't get saved. I have not been able to grow my blog because it takes forever for a single blog post to get posted. It is a nightmare. They do not help with any technical issue either. I called them today to help me with an error but I only ended up wasting my time. I will discontinue their service from this year onwards.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I can't even write down my experience with these guys. Just use other alternatives if you can. I will find one weekend one of these weekends to detail their refund policy, how they delete your domain without even reaching out to you, and how they are prepared to lose business from someone who has done business with them for years - just because they cant waive 60 bucks known as "Expert Services - WSB Restore - Onetime" - My domain was deleted because, for some reason, the autopay renewal setting somehow ended without my notice. But can they even try to understand your predicament? No! Well, good luck using them for business.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
            There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
            What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
            Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
            What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
            GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
            How does GoDaddy measure success?
            GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
            What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
            A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
            How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
            GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
            What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
            Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
            In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
            How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
            GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information