2.83/5

749 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Rates will be good for the first year, then it will rise up considerably. They know that you can't work without your domain or email so they will raise the price on you and they refuse to negotiate or apply any discount. All offers received via email is to pull your leg, then the rates will almost double.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I went online to renew my Domain name and made a mistake. It charged me $340 instead of $179. So, I called Go Daddy and the sales rep convinced me to sign up for two years and said I would get a $207 credit on my CC card. By the time he was done the 2-year renewal cost me $458. He said I would get a $207 credit back. Three days later I called again and told them I didn't get the $207 credit on my credit card. The rep told me they used the $207 credit for the new package. The charges on my credit card was $340 plus, $132. Plus $112 Plus the $207 credit. Total was $791. The sales rep will Lie to you... BUYER BEWARE.

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 2, 2019

I keep finding that my two domain names are not appearing on the web. Instead of my website, I see a Godaddy.com advertisement. When I contacted customer support, I was told that I need to republish my site from time to time. This is crazy! Even if I have no changes, I am supposed to republish so my site is active! I will be moving my web hosting to another company. Stay away! Terrible support also.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I bought one domain name from them and had it for several years, but I always ONLY do manual renewals, I NEVER do automatic renewals. Well this year they took my credit card from last renewal in 2011 and charged it for this years renewal, after I let it lapsed. When I called to cancel and request my refund, they said it is their policy NOT to refund any accounts. So I disputed with Citi Cards and they are struggling with GoDaddy's cancellation department. I will start a legal suit, just to stop this company from ripping others off. It's terrible that we give them our business for several years, and then to be robbed and treated like this is just NOT the America way. They must be in a terrible financial position to rip off their own clients. DO NOT USE THEM, go to Network Solutions, they don't ripoff their clients.

Original review: June 28, 2019

We (unfortunately) go through GoDaddy for our OWA SSL certs for our corporate office, as well as all of our sister companies. GoDaddy's customer service is absolutely abysmal. I've had the unfortunate experience to call upon them for several questions\issues and have never once had anyone act as though they gave a damn to provide me with even the smallest amount of assistance. They act/sound as though they're doing me a favor just by taking my call. I've decided to look into other certificate signing companies for all of our future SSL renewals. Without exaggeration, I have had better customer service from Taco Bell.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: June 25, 2019

DO NOT purchase domain privacy and protection from GoDaddy! I recently purchased several domain names and paid extra for privacy and protection for each one. Within days I began getting calls and texts from people soliciting work related to the domain names. GoDaddy is the only place I purchased from, so know it's a failure on the part of GoDaddy to protect the privacy I paid for. I recommend researching and using another company. Wish I had!

Original review: June 19, 2019

This company took me from my bank account $261.17 for a service that I never requested or bought. I've tired of calling them and they never serve. They have the worst customer service I've ever seen. They just told me they gave the money back to my bank, which never happened. Cancel that service online and in any case they kept my money. Never do business with them, now I'm going to sue them through my lawyer for fraud and thieves. No one deserves to be robbed of that money, which has cost so much to win. I'll get to the last of the consequences until I get my money back.

Original review: June 17, 2019

In my 30 years of professional experience I have yet to find a company with worse customer service. Even though I am no longer a customer of theirs (due to overzealous sales people), they still continue to call me with unwanted solicitations. When I ask to be removed from their call list they say they cannot do it without my pin for a past company from years past.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I use Godaddy Hosting from last 3 Years, from last week my website is down because they have Windows Plesk issues, (the whole GoDaddy Windows Plesk issues is going on as per their customer care said). Many time I called customer care but always they are failed to resolved Plesk issues. Still my website is not working because of Plesk. Yesterday midnight I chat with customer care. Now they said, “Your 4 digits pin is not valid,” and I am using this pin regularly, even though they send OTP on email and SMS, but that also I not received. Whenever I contact customer care they always take 30 to 50 minutes, they talk 1 minutes and keep hold for 10 minutes, and then after there are no result. Now I am frustrated from their services. I am planning to shift my hosting server to other company. I don't advice anyone to buy GoDaddy Services.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I purchased a professional website build service for over $3600.00 for a complete web store. The first designer they gave me produced something completely unacceptable. I could have done better on my own. They lost all the information I submitted, which took me maybe 30-40 hours of my time. They gave me a new designer, but by that time, I had become very frustrated and just wanted my money back. They said, "Sorry. Your website is complete and no refunds!" Complete waste of my time and money, with a unfunctional web store.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I have been frustrated dealing with their customer service due to my inability to log in to my GoDaddy account. As I mentioned to 4 different support helpers that I don't receive any email regarding my one time code through email. I clearly said that the last email I received was on May 26, 2019 for domain renewal. I told them, it might be something wrong with your system as on the website when I tried to send the 6 digits pin, it was said which email they sent to but I haven't never got any until I wrote this review. Stay away from this hosting company!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2019

This is the worse company to work with, stay away from them they will rip you off and steal your money... Stay away from them. I had domain names with for about 18 years, they end up to steal my domain name. Their email service is by far the worse email service you can have. Stay away from them.

Original review: May 30, 2019

My live server down since 10 days. When I ask them for update they just keep saying. "We will let you know as soon as possible." Now 'AS SOON AS POSSIBLE' became a brand of GoDaddy. GoDaddy is just waste of money, time and terrible service. Never never purchase any service with GoDaddy.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I had previously had a Godaddy website under the Dream Design team which I was very satisfied with for about 10 years. About 1 & 1/2 years ago I was told by Go Daddy that the Dream Web design was obsolete and I had to use the professional website design team to have my website remade under WordPress. I was assigned a developer named Kent who I explained the nature of the website and my need to maintain it with updates to existing pages. Immediately after the site was made it crashed, Kent informed me he completed his project and it was no longer his job to fix it. After contacting another individual in Go Daddy it was determined that the crash was due to a design flaw and Kent fixed the site. However valuable historical uploaded were lost and never recovered.

Now, less than 2 years of having this site, I am no longer able to make updates to a page because "too much text is on it" and I cannot move the contacts to another page, (Exactly what I stressed about my needs to manage). I contacted the Professional Web design team they indicated they cannot fix the problem. This is not a matter of money and I was willing to pay for these surveys. The Professional Web design team sold me a service I did not ask for or need (In my opinion) and created a web site that I cannot use and they unable to fix it. I am hoping to find a private website designer who can help me as I am unable to afford a completely new site at this point. I made requests to contact a supervisor, even if just to vent my complaint which was also made unavailable to me.

Original review: May 28, 2019

My company has been a GoDaddy customer for more than 20 years. They hosted our website, registered our domains and handled our email. We set up various multi-year plans under the assurance that cancellation of any multi-year plan would produce a prorated refund. My company is now winding down and I recently cancelled our windows hosting plan that still had about a year to go.

I called them when I did not receive the refund I expected and was told that refunds are only available if plans are cancelled within the first 30 days. When I said that those were not the conditions when I signed up was told "too bad, our policy changed." I am now sending messages to all of my customers to whom I had previously recommended GoDaddy to warn them to stay away.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I'm looking into taking a legal action. No one should do business with GoDaddy - total lack of business ethics. I wanted to built a site and I called Godaddy. I have spoken to one of the sales. When I told him what I wanted to be done he advised me to buy the 1649.31 in March 2, 2019 then he set up appointment with site builder for a consult Matt ** in April 2, 2019. When I talk to Matt for the first time he advised me that he won't be able to do the kind of site I was looking for. The only way he can do that is if I purchase a custom site and which will be additional 1724.01 and I paid the 1724.01 in April 2nd 2019.

So I start working with him and nothing was getting done all. It was taking too long so after a month I called in May 5th just to ask for a draft of the site to see if there is any progress done and by the name of Mary ** send me the draft and there was no changes done. So in May 8th I called and complained and they told me that my site builder is in vacation and assigned me to someone new name Brandon **. When I talk to him he told me he can do most of the things but he can not do the pop up after any purchase. The only time he can do pop up page is in the beginning of site which is the reason I paid extra to 1724.01. And he apologies for the wrong information and now they refuse to refund money. I am going to call the local news with this 283 negative reviews and they are still be able to continue doing the same thing over and over with different consumers. Everyone should know how they operate. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I went to set up a website at Wix and thought I might save money hosting through GoDaddy but wouldn't so I accidentally signed up and canceled the services. It took 5 days to get through to them and they had billed my card. I had to demand that I get a refund when I had no active domains. WIX was hosting the domain name GoDaddy charged me for and made sure to remind me that I was on the last day for a refund. I copied and have saved the chat dialog in case they mess up my website. If that does happen I will contact the FTC, BBB, and WIX to recover any financial damage including the $700 I have out with Wix for the web hosting. I would advise anyone doing business with GoDaddy to keep very good records, and make sure they deliver the services rendered. Also don't try to use their domain hosting with another company. It won't save you money. Right now I'm just hoping I actually get refunded. I have records to prove they promised a refund.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I had videos and pics that I'll never get back again and GoDaddy never called or let me know that my webpage needed to be renewed. They then lied to me and said they tried to call. I never once had a voicemail. NOT ONE! DON'T USE THEM!

Original review: May 23, 2019

My account was hacked. Then I have my email and transaction code, also my credit card code. The first month, I submitted a Government issue voter papers so proof of my ownership. Then they say Government ID. It's ok to send Postal ID card. They say again Government issue ID. Then Research is also a Government issue ID card. So I apply again but "stated AGAIN Government issue ID". What the ** service, full **. NEVER EVER Buy-Domain. Service is crap!

Original review: May 21, 2019

I should have stuck with just buying their web service but the salesman hyped it as the next great thing since sliced bread. He explained it was a new service Go Daddy was offering and people who bought into it raved about it. Supposedly the web guide is a guru and can help me not only with the layout of the website, but give me insight to SEO and how to market my business. Well, I basically received more usable information from their web development team. They keep trying to get me to have them build my website since their self build website builder is rather limited but maybe that's the gimmick. I digress, the web guide guru kept telling me she had to check back with me when we ran into issues but then at our next appt. did not have fixes and totally forgot about the issues. Would not recommend the extra $500 web guide service as if you call in enough you'll get someone in their web development dept. who can go above and beyond.

Original review: May 17, 2019

As a consumer, I would highly disregard using Godaddy for any services! Again, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They will promise the world and charge you an extortionate amount but will only deliver very basic and elementary work. After I said I wasn’t happy they refused to issue me ANY refund or credit. They are absolutely horrible. I thought by using a big corporate company I would be in good hands. BOY WAS I WRONG. This company over commits and under delivers. Do not fall victim to Godaddy’s inexperienced web design team. They are a bunch of underpaid and unskilled designers. Find a reputable company that stands behind their work. Hopefully, someone else reads this and doesn’t make the same mistake I did by using Godaddy. Save yourself thousands of dollars and go elsewhere.

Original review: May 11, 2019

All I asked is for them to help me get back in my account after I lost my phone. Since I had 2-Step verification my and had lost my phone, they couldn't authenticate me via my personal e-mail apart from GoDaddy's email. They made me go through a long process of scanning my passport copy and sending with a bunch of written letter based consent and was told this will be resolved within 72 hours and my phone number will be removed and updated with my new phone. It's been 6th day and weekend is here and I cant log in, no word. Called the agent back and he said, "No idea. Sorry but you have to wait for them" and you are literally at their mercy. Also you cannot talk to the security team. Only the agent can communicate with them.

So basically you can't do **. If you are locked out you are locked out for good. Maybe after 10 years they check up and update your account. Best part they show ZERO empathy towards your issue and minimalistic effort to resolve any issue. Maybe this company has its support in a sweatshop based business that they don't give a ** and are totally incompetent. I advise to check other hosting sites and watch for them, these guys are legit a horror ride.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I closed my account with GoDaddy two years ago, After a while they started to send me emails asking for my new credit card number. I contacted them and said no, that I'm no longer their customer. Today out of the blue I received a receipt notice that they charged my credit card for $345. How did they get my new number and what gives them the right to charge a non customer? I called them and they refunded my card but what if I missed it? So now I have to wait for 7 days for confirmation of refund. GoDaddy is trying to steal money. Hoping people do not notice. They are a shady company and I would never recommend them to anyone. If you need a webpage set up do not use Godaddy.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I've had a business website for a few years with GoDaddy. I designed the site. I am familiar with web design, keywords, search engine optimization/coding. They decided to add a scrolling sale banner option at the top of the pages. The setting was defaulted to ON. One day my all the page titles were changed! I had to manually go in and fix each page. Recently they made another background change and removed the keywords from every product, and the link to every product is incorrect. Huge drop in sales as direct result. Probably a single click on their end is causing me hours/days of website work corrections. Outrageous!

Original review: May 2, 2019

Been with GoDaddy for 7 years. Started out ok. But as competition came in, they started to get dollar happy. I renewed a few emails and domains, but kept getting notices that "renewal failed". So I renewed again. Thing is that their notice applied to services that I did not want to renew. When I found that out, I went back to GoDaddy and informed them of the misleading notices and asked them to credit me for the second renewal that I did not want since it extended my renewal by another year. They said they cannot reverse the charges.

I called my bank to cancel the second charge. Then I got a notice that all my email accounts have been deactivated. I called GoDaddy to find out what happened. They said that since the second charge was canceled, they canceled everything. So, I had to renew again and to make matters worse, they even charged me $50 bank fee for the declined second charge. My suggestion is DO NOT use GoDaddy. People tell me that Square Space is much better with better web site builders and much cheaper. STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY!!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I paid for 1 year of web hosting. While making changes to my account I accidentally removed this service even though it had already been paid for. I called in to have support re-add an already paid for service to my account and they wanted $150. I paid less than that for the service in the first place. The support technician was trying everything he could to get me to sign up for 3 years rather than solve the problem at hand. The supervisor that came on the line was even more useless.

Original review: April 30, 2019

My domain and email has not been working for weeks and GoDaddy have not fixed the issues. As an online business, this is not acceptable. I have been on calls for hours with no resolution. GoDaddy does not care for their clients. They do not respond or keep clients informed. They just hope problems disappear by themselves. I will inform every possible online business to not go anywhere near Godaddy as they would be putting themselves at massive risk due to no support, poor technical support and no care for customers.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I do agree, it is my problem for doing business with GoDaddy. Our account is 15 years old and about 3 years ago we have had nothing but problems. We are on an old platform because we are an old client. GoDaddy takes no responsibility for what happens to their old platforms as they are old and it's the customer's fault for not wanting to spend $4,800 to upgrade to their new platform. Question to GoDaddy, if your old platforms are so bad what makes me think your new one is better? Especially for $4,000.

Their last blame game was that my older website obtained a virus because it was put together wrong. Really? If that was the case why did I never have this problem before (the website is over 5 years old)? Was also told that their platform was hacked and therefore my account was compromised but that is my problem once again and for $4,822 they would upgrade me to a platform they don't allow hackers to get into. Now GoDaddy is holding my account hostage as they know I want out.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I have been using Godaddy.com hosting from last 9 months but it was so bad experience with support that every time when I face issues with email or FTP support team does not take responsibility of it and not even bother to update on the issue... though issues continues for weeks. Godaddy bad support forced me to move on and I switched to Hostripples.in with basic package and I got pleased with customer service they provides and the level of understanding and personal attachment with clients. I am happy now and thanks to Godaddy support for showing me the way to such a good provider.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Hello, I have to share something to you. I have purchase GoDaddy unlimited plan and he provide me free SSL and I have try to install on my website and by mistake someone click the revoked button and he cancel my SSL. WTF. How he can do this? He need to give one more chance to get back but this service provider tell me we will cancel this. Thanks.

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
How does GoDaddy measure success?
GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information