Godaddy.com
2.77/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Godaddy.com

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

766 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Was a customer for over 7 years and fired them today. I'm actually writing this while on hold trying to cancel! Let's just say that the fact that they are located in AZ should be a warning sign...It's not the hot bed for intelligent IT folks! If you want overpriced services, Extensive hold times for support (I'm still on hold), ** providing IT support, and frequent downtimes to your website, Godaddy is for you! Best of luck. Oh, I switched to Domain.com and NEVER thought an outsourced IT support in the Philippines could make Americans look like handjobs, but Domain.com wins easily! And if doubt me, try calling Godaddy's IT support and if you get ahold of someone, Just listen and enjoy the twit and do the same with Domain.com.... Lastly STILL on hold!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

We have issues with one of the email-id for the past 4 days. Worst support from Godaddy! The customer support team and Technical team both does not know how to resolve the issue and misguided and wasted nearly 72 hours of our time. Very bad service. We are going to quit Godaddy soon..

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

GoDaddy has gone from being an important internet equalizer to a shoddy sales platform that overcharges and sells people crap they don't need without their knowledge. Went to add a simple domain to my business and received Outlook 365 Trial that overwrite the Outlook on my HD. 10 years of personal and professional data - gone. Too many good hosting companies now to put up with these crooks. RUN.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I made the mistake of acquiring the Ultimate Managed WordPress product. I created my page in several months. I made the mistake of failing a payment and they still deleted My website. The solution they give me is that I have to pay for the product and extra payment to retrieve the website of almost $ 400 dollars.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I had a free trial for their hosting and GoCentral products. I got an email offering 25% off. When I tried to use it, it said it was not valid on "renewals." I called and was told that a free trial is a renewal, I'd already received my "discount," and there was nobody else I could talk to. GoDaddy is a joke and I will be looking for a different hosting provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have had domains with Godaddy for 15 20 years. They TOOK my site that I had for 5 years and put it up for auction EXACTLY 5 years to the date of its origination. They claim they tried to contact us. LIES. They send renewal notices to our email address continually for other domains, yet they did not even bother to let us know that we needed to renew. Their support stinks. We got noting but sales platitudes. They even suggested that we pay around $2000 to get our site back, during their bid process. These people are crooks. They have our email address and our credit card has a 0 balance so their story that payment was rejected is also complete BS. There are many other cheaper companies available, use them.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

If you're in the business of building and hosting websites, you'd think that your own website would work fairly well. This is not the case with GoDaddy. The website seems like it was haphazardly thrown together in an hour and a half by a guy named Kyle. After purchasing a domain name, I was presented with the option to use their website builder. When I went to that page it just kept loading for over a minute, so I refreshed the page and it said please log in to continue. I had never been asked to make a username so I had to go into my work email to find the account number and sign in using that. Off to a great start.

When I logged in, the home page had a full banner that said start building your website for free. I clicked on this and it loaded the website builder. I had to refresh the page several times before it finally loaded. I started to build the website, and it was looking good enough to publish. Then after about a half hour I went to publish it so I could see how it looked from an outside view. It said it was published to a .godaddy.com subdomain. It had an option to link a domain I already owned so I clicked that and it brought me to a page where it asked me to subscribe to a premium plan of $29.99 a month to link a real domain to the website I just built.

Furious, I went to the control panel to see where my domain was and when I did see the option to manage the domain, it was separate from the website I built. Apparently, it is impossible to link a website to a domain unless you started building the website through the "manage" section of the domain (the first thing I tried, when the page wouldn't load).

I had to start from scratch, and then after working my way around their clunky excuse for a website builder, published. I went back to the control panel. After looking at the website I decided to make a change. I went into the website builder for that domain, the same way as before, and it starts over asking me to name the website, etc. As if I was making a new website? I searched for a way to edit my website but there doesn't seem to be a way, beyond starting over. I'm on hold with customer service right now, they said my estimated wait time is more than 60 minutes. Again, very ironic that a website dedicated to building other websites is so shoddy. I guess those who can't do, teach. Don't waste your time with this.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I purchased an official website about a week ago and was still concerned because of reviews.. But I figure most people only write reviews when they are unhappy and gave it a shot. I will be posting a few more of these on my website building journey with Godaddy.com. The sales rep was not pushy just confident. His name was Josh. Answered every question I had. It was a good deal for the cost and ease of template-type website. I just need a simple one for my herb Business starting out. I had a few issues with my web builder loading and thought must be my internet or tablet or their servers. Waited a few days and called in today. Chelsea was super helpful and pleasant! She gave me some pointers such as clear your history! Worked like a charm! I will do another update once I publish. For now 5 stars on the customer and sales experience.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I am actually writing this review because I just finished a review of my last domain hosting company (ARVIXE). I transferred my domain more than 2 years ago and they keep sending me renewal bills, trying to take it from my PayPal account. There is no one answering their phone and their CHAT is never up. I have not been able to stop it in 2 years. GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I am not genius. They have helped me several times over the past 2 years.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

A person by the name of Hanzel helped me with my Domain Connection and this person was fabulous!! Knew exactly what to do it and did it fairly quickly. I am so thankful, grateful! I am all connected now with my new website. :) Thank you so much Hanzel! - YOU ROCK!!!

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
      ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
      There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
      What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
      Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
      What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
      How does GoDaddy measure success?
      GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
      Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
      In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
      How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
      GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information