Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.2/5 (564 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Top Godaddy.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Verified

I have been hosting my business site with Godaddy for more than 10 years… I've had to call with questions many times and was very impressed each time that I got a human on the pho...

Verified

...GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I...

What is GoDaddy?

GoDaddy is a domain registrar and web host that has been around for more than 20 years. It claims a 99.95% uptime, meaning its site interruptions are rare. The company also offers 24/7 support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

With GoDaddy, you can add email and other features to your domain for a fee. Add-ons like daily backups and SSL certificate might cost extra, depending on the plan you choose. Overall, GoDaddy is easy to use, especially for those who aren’t experienced in website building.

GoDaddy hosting plans

GoDaddy offers several hosting packages, but all plans include unmetered bandwidth and free one-click WordPress installation. Here’s a breakdown of the company’s hosting plans:

• Economy: Offers basic resources for those just starting. Includes one website, 100 GB of storage, standard performance and 10 databases.
  • Deluxe: Offers more space and flexibility. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, standard performance and 25 databases.
  • Ultimate: A good choice for heavier-traffic WordPress sites. Includes unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.
  • Maximum: Intended for complex sites with high-resolution photo and video. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.

Each plan also offers a free domain for your first term. The Ultimate and Maximum plans include a free SSL certificate.

GoDaddy pricing

GoDaddy offers introductory promotional prices, but you’ll have to pay the regular price when your account renews. Also, although the prices are listed by month, GoDaddy charges annually. The promotional and standard costs are:

• Economy: $2.99 a month, then $7.99 a month on renewal
  • Deluxe: $4.99 a month, then $10.99 a month on renewal
  • Ultimate: $5.99 a month, then $16.99 a month on renewal
  • Maximum: $12.99 a month, then $24.99 a month on renewal

Once your first term is up, the price for a domain is $17.99. GoDaddy’s email services start at $5.99, and the cost of its website builder ranges from $10 to $25 a month.

Overall, your GoDaddy website might cost around $36 to $160 annually for your first term, but the price will jump to an average of $200 to $350 annually after renewal.

GoDaddy FAQ

What is GoDaddy used for?
GoDaddy is used primarily as a web host. You can also purchase a domain name from the company.
Do I own my domain name with GoDaddy?
When you register a domain name with GoDaddy, you own the name. If you let your registration expire, you lose the domain.
How does GoDaddy work?
You pay GoDaddy to register a user name and/or host your website. When your contract ends, you can choose to renew or let your domain and name expire.
What does GoDaddy do?
GoDaddy hosts millions of websites and associated email addresses. The company is one of the largest domain hosts in the world.
How much does GoDaddy’s web builder cost?
Depending on the plan you choose, GoDaddy’s web builder can cost between $9.99 and $24.99 a month when billed annually.
Is GoDaddy a good host?
It’s one of the largest hosts and is generally reputable. It does, however, charge extra for features other hosts offer free.

Is GoDaddy good?

GoDaddy is one of the most commonly used web hosts and domain registrars in the industry. That said, the company has mixed customer reviews — many don’t appreciate its high renewal fees, and GoDaddy charges extra for several features other hosts offer at no cost. If you’re looking for a web host and domain registrar, make sure to shop around before committing. You could find a company that better suits your needs and your budget.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This web host was exactly what I needed. I’m trying to start a small business to make some extra income and this company has helped me out tremendously. They offer so many services and products that are very beneficial to someone starting out.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

This site is super easy to use and very affordable. I had no problems building a site from scratch with little to no skills in technology. My wife found it easy to use and manipulate. I would say this service is great for a beginners or seasoned technician.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I’ve had very little experience with Godaddy but it’s the only platform on the list that I’ve even heard about. They have advertised and can help with advertising. They are well known a very unique company. Many people use godaddy because they have a long standing reputation.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

GoDaddy have in my opinion and experience the best prices and communication skills when it comes to customer service. I always recommend it to friends. It's easy to use and have many different options.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Godaddy is user friendly, and adaptive. Once you get past the fear of setting up your domains. It goes quickly. I found it helpful, the prompts make it easy to go to the next step. Customer support was friendly and knowledgeable. I liked the site and would recommend to anyone willing to start a business for themselves. The draw back was, the space was limited for what I wanted to do. But all in all it was a good site.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

As a webmaster, I update the credit card information for an organization when the President changes every 3 years. I made a mistake inputting 1 digit, and was unable to update the card online. So I called Customer Service to be sure the card was the problem and thought they understood I was going to call back after re-verifying the card information with the President. GoDaddy locked me out of the account! Then the next rep told me to do it online. Well I can't because I'm locked out. Then even after I gave them the correct 2 step verification code, they still insisted on sending an email in order to update the credit card. Of course the email belongs to the President, so I can't do that either. I asked for a supervisor. The rep refused. After 15 years of service, on autopay without a missed payment, this is how we are treated. I have had experience with many web hosts and GoDaddy has never impressed me. This is the worst experience yet.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Don’t use GoDaddy. Their customer service is dreadful but they are also unethical. I purchased two premium domains and once the funds were cleared, they have put my account on hold and insisted I upload my private ID documents for example Passport. I’ve told them three times I won’t send them my private ID and if they wanted this they should have asked during my purchase process. I have now asked three times for a refund but they simply continue to send their standard text asking for my private ID documents. They are bullies and fail to listen. A terrible company with no ethics.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

This review is about the chat service specifically. I had an excellent experience when I finally decided to try to get someone live. Spent about 3 hours trying to get a website and domain connected. Disconnected 4 times. Agents do not read information in chat. Agents just follow a script. Confusing explanations. Bot and live agent coordination is a waste of time if your answers are anything not 100% in line with their programmed scripts. Verification process is clumsy and awkward. No recording of information shared so had to verify, re-find, re-explain, information each time. If I had not already purchased multiple sites they would be losing all my business.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

GoDaddy managed WordPress sucks. I had contacted many times their support since I can't install or activate WooCommerce on their "Managed Wordpress" plans. The issue is because they are using outdated PHP which is not supported anymore by Woocommerce. Up until today it's not working. A big let down.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

This is not the firat time GoDaddy disappointed me. But I tolerated and moved on. But this time, it is over the limit. I have been contacting GoDaddy for 4 days. First day they said they have a global SSL issue. Then 2nd day they said it's my domain issue, they did some fix and domain propagation starts. I waited 2 more days. Now they say they don't provide SSL anymore. What the hell? I bought a Maximum Hosting for Free SSL and now they suddenly changed it without informing customer. I have the chat details and they are still showing Free SSL in website advertisement.

Godaddy.com Company Information