Godaddy.com

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I set up a store on GoDaddy several days ago. It was straight forward and simple to do and I was able to build the store in 1 day. However, I spent 3 days on the phone with 11 different customer service reps (Plus two on chat) trying to get my site to go live. All have been polite and confused as to why there is a problem. All said it shouldn't be difficult and gave basic recommendations which didn't work and told me to wait. It is finally live after dealing with the 13th GoDaddy employee who discovered the issue. But, all my domain names are not forwarded as promised which will entail more phone calls.

In addition, the products I added could not be viewed when the site did get published. This entailed another hour and 7 minutes with a GoDaddy customer service rep. In addition, I was asked to purchase more products. Some of which were already included in my purchase such as an SSL certificate. I did ask if I could talk with an expert on GoDaddy's eCommerce store. I was told that is not possible as they do not speak with customers. While GoDaddy's products are straight forward and simple to use. Their support staff is completely untrained and has very little knowledge of their products. So if there is a problem which isn't easily fixed, there is little to no available support.

GoDaddy does not respond to requests. Their customer service has gone downhill over the last couple of years (I used to love working with them). I have requested more than once that I be called before they charge for a renewal, because they charge for an entire year, and at times, this is more than I can afford. They just did this again and made me short for the month. When I called customer service, the rep was very "snippy"--something that never used to happen at GoDaddy. He tried to make me feel "stupid," and as I have a Ph.D., I did not appreciate his tone! I am going to look elsewhere for services.

I have purchased the email domain service along with the domain. I have been doing this for long and did not realize the service is only allow to create one email user (2017 who does this?) and yet I only be able to find out when I tried to create another user (eg: email1@domain.com and email2@domain.com). Made the call to Godaddy Asia, bad service and manner. They refused due to the fact it's a monthly product. Called the States hotline, the girl did the refund and told me to wait for the refund to be shown. Months later, randomly got the email saying, "We were unable to do the refund. Bye now." CALLED AGAIN, some customer rep named Sharon gave me attitude, not helpful at all, told me the same crap, said they cannot do it. Again this one with attitude did not ask me to wait while put on hold. Talking tone like she trying to school me.

Point being said, it's not about being refunded or not. It is about being professional. You made a mistake within your department ** deal with it and apologize. Be responsible. Acts like a grown up and don't give me attitude because you got to work on the weekend. AND WHAT A FREAKING RIPPED OFF. $5 per MONTH- LIMITED EMAIL SPACE AND USER.

GODADDY.COM DELETED ALL MY DATES AND MY RIGHTS PROPERTIES. A year and a half ago, I rented a VPS server from the hosting and e-mail hosting company Godaddy.com. Previously the company had sold me a 2GB RAM server and after a couple of weeks, I was testing the 2GB server and a godaddy vendor, had convinced me to upgrade to a 3GB RAM server, being that this server was the only one I used until recently to do my projects and register, having some domains of my property hosted on my VPS server that I finally acquired.

The e-mail domains used on my server that were destroyed were:** and others. I did the renewal of these domains but the company destroyed and erased my old DNS settings from my server, but for my warranty I have printed documents from which all my projects were sent to two other emails that I own out of the server that do not belong Godaddy.com.

On my mobile device, I have archived in memory, receiving my own emails from my server from which the company destroyed. I believe that deleting the old configuration of my emails from the server was for the reason for the company to be free of the proofs, flagrants, because it certainly erased all the data of the old server to escape the criminal act, but I have evidence that I used them.

I was using my server for a little over a year, using emails hosted on VPS to send emails to my own domains that were hosted on my own server. What happened is that when the renewal period of the server purchase expired, the server after twenty days was destroyed by the company with all my records of emails, theses, articles and innovative projects, since I used my own VPS server to ensure the registration of my industrial projects, so that I had the authentication of sending the dates and times and the sender IPs, to produce legal and authentic proof of ownership of my projects.

A little over two weeks ago, I questioned the action of the Godaddy company, of which I had explained, that the action of having destroyed my server, with all my industrial data and projects worth millions dollars, the company claims that after twenty days godaddy’s has the right to destroy all data contained in my server, but deleted the data in my absence, without my permission and knowledge.

The big problem is that I am being harmed because I have lost all the authentications of my projects and now I am private and vulnerable if someone comes to use the projects, currently I will not be able to prove in the court, through my server, that I own the projects. Because by the header of my emails that were sent from my own VPS server, they no longer exist, so that I can prove the authenticity of my e-mail content as a material and moral proof of my work, since proof of authenticity by my e-mails, has the same legal effect, compared to an expert for the verification of virtual crimes/cybercrimes to which the justice acknowledges the author of the submissions of its contents. What differs is that I have the right to recognize the authorship of my e-mail content, which is my industrial projects.

The judge analyzing the facts, he will recognize my authorship by the emails that I sent to myself through the dates and time and IP. Can you do percept my rights? I've created a new concept, that I can use my own e-mails, to secure my creations with legal authenticity in court, based on legal recognition compared to digital crime. I created this method to save money on Brazilian patent organs. My projects are of interest even for use in providers, as projects use authentication, against fraud in general, other projects can also be used by financial institutions. I create innovative projects and articles, all of which were hosted in my VPS by godaddy, which I used as a cloud, so that I had total security, against industrial espionage.

The company GODADDY.COM at the time when I sold the server, it became my duty to provide the service, giving me full access to VPS, for my use and hosting of my files and emails, within the period of validity of the payment of the months I used. The months that I used my VPS, I had the right to produce and store my content and I also have the right to have, but Godaddy claims that the American laws are different from those of Brazil, except that the company has forgotten the rights which I have on my property, which were archives of authenticity of the emails of various industrial projects that I have been producing and registering inside my server through my e-mails and folders.

The Godaddy company arbitrarily took away the right to have my files that I had produced inside the VPS server as proof of the authenticity of my work, causing me several damages that would guarantee my future when I was to sell the projects to several interested companies. There have been several violations of rights, two of which are the human rights of which are: Human rights, 17 art. "No one may be arbitrarily deprived of his property." (All content on my server was my property.) 27 art. Everyone has the moral and material right, whether in the scientific, literary or artistic productions of his own. (Godaddy, when destroyed my server, deprived me of these rights, since in addition to deleting all my contents, I can no more longer use it as legal proof to prove my moral, material right, including the authorship of my productions, which were in my VPS.)

The company claims that it can no longer recover all my files that they destroyed. The company had charged me $150.00 to try to recover what they destroyed, how they could not, according to they gave me back the amount. Godaddy automatically declares himself and declares himself to be a defiant defendant of the facts, when they claimed that the renewal term of my contract had expired, they destroyed my server without even giving me the chance to back up my projects and data, or they themselves could have backed up my data to provide me with all the material I produced for download in my user account before even destroying my server.

In my understanding of the law, no service contract can override and deprive the user of having the security of all their data content intact, as the godaddy company acted arbitrarily when it deleted my server, depriving me of any creation that is of my right, when I produced during the validity of my hosting. They have committed several violations and crimes, but they was use privileges to access and delete my files. The godaddy company made use of its facility, going to my VPS without my permission, to delete all my content, without giving me the right to safely have all my data as a backup, all the data I have produced for months, of which I have the right to have. I have the printed material with date and time plus IP, and much of it in gmail, which I submitted from my server that was destroyed.

The crimes: Violation of material and digital law. Material, emotional damage, followed by vandalism and embarrassment. Vandalism. Crime of elimination and deprivation of evidence and of intellectual and material property. Abuse of power followed by the destruction of a VPS server with all my industrial data of my own incalculable value. Unauthorized destruction of the data of the author. Obstruction and elimination of digital evidence, so that justice and judicial expertise can together with the judges have the understanding of my authorship of all intellectual content produced by me.

The godaddy company is located in Arizona. For a better understanding, below shows the crimes and the local laws, being that in my case it also qualifies like federal law: **. If godaddy claims that there was no virtual crime, because he thinks that the digital files produced by the author have no legal value because they are not palpable, then why Facebook and Google are worth billions of dollars, since the files are digital and generate Financial profit.

From the moment the company offers a product, of which it is a digital service, it is falling into contradiction, since VPS is a virtual private server and all products are also not palpable and generate profits billionaires for company, because Is a service charged. This proves that both their service are objects that can be traded in money, just as my projects are also objects that can be traded in cash. The crime was committed within the US, in the state of Arizona, and the company has to be prosecuted in that country.

Company policy can not override the moral and material right that the user possesses within their server, email accounts, file folders and etc... because the user has the right to have, as he has paid for it, to That the company provided access for hosting. The address of the godaddy company: My godaddy user number is: **. The address is from Arizona only appears on the website the phone +1 480 505 8877 24/7 Support.

Couple of days I've purchased two domains for my husband so he can build a website for his wonderful underwater aquatic therapy for disabled people. Today I've received an email from Godaddy.com telling me I have to verify my identity by clicking on a link in the email and submit a government issued ID. I called their customer service desk and told the young man I am not sure the email is from Godaddy. I told him I don't feel comfortable clicking on links in emails and I don't feel comfortable sending my ID via email.

He verified that the email was indeed from Godaddy. I told him I still don't feel comfortable to submit my ID online. He changed his voice right away and starting yelling at me. I asked him, "Why are you raising your voice? Why are you talking to me like I am a criminal?" He put me on hold for the longest time and when he came back he asked me to log into my Godaddy account. I tried to do so but there was a red window above my login telling me the account was blocked for too many attempted logins. I told him I've tried to log in only once, tried to log in only when he asked me to. Obviously he blocked me out of my account. He talked to me like I am some kind of a criminal. I felt like talking to an SS officer in Nazi Germany. And for what? For a mere $16.34. I am absolutely outraged!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

So after 2 years of okay service but a working and growing WordPress blog they modified something because they did not like my theme or something because all of sudden no one could access the blog. I called and sat on the phone for like many many hours and they could do nothing to help fix the problem. But they could offer a service that I pay for that could find the issue. So I move the blog to a different place that give free SSL cert. Way better service. Oh and my theme works 100% better. The whole blog is way faster. The pageviews have gone way up. I hope soon they will be almost to where I thought they should be.

My wife set up her business website through these con artists and we were going to drop them and go with BluHost until a scumbag salesman named Daniel ** talked her into switching from Website Builder Business Plus to GoCentral Business. She asked him repeatedly if her dashboard and email would transfer over and he assured that they would. Lie. She bought the GoCentral and renewed her domain name, rebuilt her website and published it to the net. Then we couldn't find her website, either as administrator or as a customer. Called these morons, got the site back up and was told by yet another scumbag salesman that her email and dashboard would be fine. Lie. A WEEK later found that her email accounts, along with customer info, had disappeared and the site was again invisible to the general public.

Called again. Long story short, we had to pay $50 to get the email accounts back with all of the missing emails. The gal said she would forward all info to her supervisor to ask about a refund since we have been lied to and jerked around by scum-of-the-earth salesmen. Haven't received a refund on the email or the time our site was down, haven't received an apology, haven't heard a peep out of these con artists since our last phone conversation. Suffice it to say, come May of 2018 we are finished with GoDaddy. They care about nothing but getting your money, after that you are less than garbage to them. They have seen the last penny out of me that they'll ever get, and we plan on being in business a long time.

I have been a user with Godaddy.com since near its conception. Off and on throughout the years as an entrepreneur, I have needed to park several different domains and have used quite a few. In the last two years since 2015, every single time I call in for assistance or to cancel a feature or for any needed assistance, the call always starts out with a positive hello and a nice greeting. But the moment you ask for the help you need or you maybe point out something that isn't necessarily you're doing, the rep answering your call goes into this mode that reminds me of the office techies from the 90s that are super disgruntled because they don't make enough money and are rude and arrogant AF because they think they know more than you do.

The problem I have with that is I'm not working in corporate anymore and no longer have to put up with crap from anyone I'm working with like those disgruntled tacky techies, I'm running my own business these days and wouldn't dream of employing people with that type of an attitude. And when I'm paying for a service I don't expect to be met with such bad attitudes either. Unfortunately for Godaddy.com all of my domains that I currently have will be coming to an end at the end of this year and I will no longer renew and use their services. Not to mention I've long since no longer use their hosting services because they suck. Lastly as I want to cancel ETA mean that I only just read it five days ago, I was told that I possibly could and cancel it as she put me on hold. She came back and said it wasn't a problem but that their policy is five days and not 30 even now 30th advertise on Fri.

Lastly as I want to cancel ETA mean that I only just created five days ago I was told that I possibly could and cancel it as she put me on hold. She came back and said it wasn't a problem THIS TIME but that their policy is five days and not 30 even though 30 is advertised on their site! Awful. I won't even get into the time when I had some unexpected press that caused a huge influx in business and my domain was locked under a registration but I was trying to pull that from Godaddy.com and gave them all of their necessary documents and they wouldn't help me. When I got pissed and said as much on the phone to the reps and through email, they intentionally and purposefully wouldn't help me for two weeks before they released it. This is a terrible, terrible company and that's too bad because I never used to think that of them.

I've been a GoDaddy member for a number of years. I've noticed that their customer service has been steadily decreasing. My website got hacked with malware, which hurt my Google ranking. I contacted GoDaddy and they sold me on their website builder. Once I got that, I found out that you couldn't customize your website and had to follow a strict template. In addition, their software program has no back button if a mistake is made. Essentially, the data entered kept getting deleted and I couldn't go back, but had to start from scratch all over. I canceled this. Then, I wanted to add SSL to my web domain since I thought it would be important because GoDaddy promotes heavily for SSL and Google Search rankings. I set up the SSL, but GoDaddy didn't let me know that my other domains would have to be redirected to the SSl domain. This is where GoDaddy's customer service really fails.

I am not a computer programmer and originally used an old software website builder. I asked GoDaddy to help me with the transfer re-direct. They wouldn't help me saying, they don't support the metadata even though I would be using their online software to do the redirect transfer. They suggested I pay a web developer to help me. They sent me directions to do this re-direct that were not complete. It took me 3 hours of my time before I finally figured it out without using the faulty GoDaddy directions. Then, GoDaddy failed to let me know that my other domain suddenly was not forwarding either to the new SSL domain. I couldn't figure out why my old domain was still showing up in Google Search results and not the SSL domain that I paid extra for. I called again and was told that they would set up domain forwarding for the domain in question.

They said it would take 24-48 hours to take effect. After 24 hours, I wanted to check and went on GoDaddy and found out that they didn't even do the domain forwarding like they told me they were going to do. I will eventually have to transfer all my domains/hosting, etc. to a better hosting company. It's a shame because originally I was happy with their service and they seem they wanted to help. Now, they just try to sell you products and when you need help, say they don't support it.

GoDaddy is by far the worst service I have come across. My website was taken down due to non-renewal of services. I paid for the hosting, but it was never made clear to me that it was for a year. My mail stopped working that is when I had to call and ask for a backup, the call was made to an international team after which they issued a ticket and said the backup was available. By morning my website was up and running. Today my website was still live, I called up GoDaddy and asked them I could not log in to make changes. The customer representative Narala ** had me on hold for 2.5 hours, after repeatedly telling her she did not issue a ticket or connect me to a senior representative. After raising my voice again she finally transferred the call to a senior representative, Amrita.

Amrita, The senior representative said the backup files were missing. So I told them to refund me the money. They still kept repeating the same thing that the public_html file was missing. They keep repeating the content is missing. I told them issue a ticket and they still have not done it. I am on the call for 3 hours now without any help. The call was transferred back to Narala ** who refused to register my complaint once again in order to safeguard her interest. After 3 hours. After threatening her with legal action she happily said go for it. This is the worst website and customer care I have come across and I would not recommend this company to anyone. All they do is cheat their customers, refuse to even register the complaint. It seems that they are not qualified to solve the problem.

I went to GoDaddy, on the advice of friends, to buy a domain/website. I created an acct and came up with the name I wanted. I never purchased but am now receiving extremely offensive emails using the name I had chosen for my website. GoDaddy is the ONLY place I have ever used that name so obviously, they sold my info to complete trash!! I am going to have to change my email address now! I suggest looking elsewhere and not use GoDaddy!!

I had a website builder for my company and we split ways, well when we did he took my Godaddy.com account away from me and changed all of my information on the account... He changed my credit card info, the name under the account, the password and everything. So I called and called these people and they kept giving me the runaround. I had to email a department of the company that apparently doesn't have a line to talk to somebody and I had to call the IRS and have them send me letters with my EIN and SS# on it and all this other crap to prove that I was the owner of the business... All while doing so the guy who took my stuff let the website go when it was time to renew it... So it went up for auction... So I called GoDaddy once again and was making sure I was going through the right process.

To buy back my domain I had to give them a $5 auction account fee and everything so I waited until 20 minutes until the auction was over and went to go buy back the site and when I hit the bid button it would not place my bid. I even called GoDaddy while this was happening and they didn't do anything about it! When the time ran out (while I was still trying to place my bid) the GoDaddy people on the phone said there was nothing they could do about it, also the legal dept. (the ones you can't talk to on the phone) also sent me a email saying there was nothing they could do because the domain was not in my name. This is an awful company that doesn't deserve to even attempt to serve the people. They ruined my online standings and my yearly revenue dropped. They should be ashamed of themselves for allowing this to happen to anybody.

I have been a Godaddy customer for over ten years. The organization had been the go-to company to obtain domain names, e-mail service and other Internet activities. Until today, the staff was always friendly and helpful. I had trusted these folks - MY BAD with automatic renewal for all my domain names. I just got my credit card bill and they nailed me $166.87 for FIVE YEAR renewals! When I called to complain a guy named Tom told me that I should accept responsibility for my own account. He said that they had sent me e-mails advising that the domain names were due to renew and I should have paid attention.

I have looked at my e-mails from Godaddy and can not find one that told me they were going to do so for FIVE YEARS! He would not do one GD thing for me. Obviously, the doctrine of Caveat Emptor applies here - LET THE BUYER BEWARE! KEEP YOUR HAND ON YOUR WALLET AT ALL TIMES. The new management seems to be maximizing profits on the back of the reputation that Godaddy built over the years. They are now just another Internet crook.

I did not renew my SSL as I do not take payments and have no email direct link with my website. My website then was blocked and continued to be blocked even though GoDaddy had supposedly fixed it. After numerous phone calls lasting a long long time the fix still hasn't been done. This means no business is coming through my website. I would not recommend GoDaddy to anyone. All they are after is $$$ and very poor tech service. Appalling!

Any chance to charge you they will. I had multiple domains to renew, expiring over the course of 3 months. I had a bulk price renew discount offer. I got a better offer elsewhere however GoDaddy would not release the domains to the other company. They told me if I wanted to keep my domains I would have to renew through them. Since I had to keep my business domains, I was forced to pay. They said they would give me the bulk offer they made me and I paid. Then I found out they did not renew all the domains as discussed. And once again had to pay if I want to keep them. Another $75 later. It cost me more than if I had just renewed each one online separately. Do not call in. Every time I speak to someone they make it worse. I will initiate transfer of domains again. Court order may be required.

I simply bought 2 domain names in preparation for a website I want to create and have within days received over 20 contacts from people in India offering their services. This is appalling and has never happened with any other company where I have purchased domain names.

Godaddy has ripped me off for the third time. When I purchased 6 domains in 2014, I did not select auto renew billing. However, GoDaddy charged me for auto renew 1 year later. I called several times in 2015 to cancel the auto renew billing. After several weeks I did get my money back. However, just this month GoDaddy is charging me again for domains I no longer own. Turns out they made three charges. I ended up canceling my credit card. I no longer want GoDaddy fraudsters to have access to my credit cards. GoDaddy.com is a scam, cannot believe they are publically traded company.

I requested to cancel my service with GoDaddy in 2015 but they have been continuing to charge my account $19.99 annually! I just received an email from them with my customer # included so I called to make sure I wasn't still being charged, because why else would I have a customer #? The rep Maya told me that I was being charged $19.99 annually, the last charge was in January of 2017, and I was outside of the refund policy because it was more than 30 days after I had last been billed!

I told her I had called more than a year ago to request that my account be canceled but it never happened. She said she didn't see any notation of my phone call so I must not have called! After a 26 minute wait for a supervisor I spoke to somebody named Chris who stated that since it was outside of the 30 days to request a refund he is denying my request to be credited back for an account I haven't used for 2 years but snidely wished me a good day. Horrible customer service to boot.

I honestly have never written a review like this or very many reviews at all. I've been with Go Daddy for over 3 years and never had a problem until today. 1st one representative told me one thing, while the next said something totally different, which ended up almost costing me more money, when they said they were calling to help save me money. Because of the conflicting stories, the second time I called, the call was 1:40! Who has time for that, while not accomplishing anything!

It was round after round of misinformation about email migration and they didn't even know how it worked. One rep told me I can migrate all of my emails myself and they would help me, never mentioning cost... The next told me they don't help with migration, but they offer it as a service for $100... All while my email is in limbo not working, I'll spare you the rest of the saga. LOL.

When I asked simply for consideration of all the time I was on the phone and the fact that I was misinformed if they would discount the migration fee, they wouldn't and kept refocusing on the discounts for the email, which I was ALREADY RECEIVING. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told, "they will tell you the same thing"... So what, let me speak to them. Then still a merry go round of stalling. When I was finally put on hold for a supervisor, they took the longest time, so I cut my losses and hung up. SMH. I'm very disappointed and will be looking for another provider.

I called Godaddy to renew my hosting plan for several websites, the rep told me that Godaddy was moving to a new platform for hosting WordPress sites and convinced me to pay for a 3 year plan in lieu of the annual contract. 6 Weeks later I looked and found my site was down. Godaddy told me that I had not migrated my sites to their new platform. I had never been told I had to do anything during the sales pitch. After a lengthy discussion they agreed to do the migration as I had no skills to do it. I left out of the country when they sent me an email (that ended up in spam) asking me to contact them regarding the migration.

When I returned back to my office 6 weeks after our conversation, I noticed my websites were still not up and contacted Godaddy one more time about it. They told me that because I did not return their request within 30 days that they had deleted all of my sites! The entitled millennial manager rudely asked me why I did not recall what was in the email as he was about to go down the path that their "contract" states... etc. In fact when I reviewed the email there was no mention of any date to meet. They just deleted my files without my permission and this has cost me thousands of dollars. The web development company did all the work on the WordPress site at Godaddy, and there were no local backups. Why should there be when Godaddy promises redundant guaranteed backups???

WARNING... Godaddy has become just another United Airlines where the staff does not have any idea how to solve a problem that the company has created for themselves. Godaddy has lost touch with the customers that made them successful. Perhaps they will need more lewd ads during Super Bowl to win back their customers who are finding out who they have become.

I have wasted my two week searching a good name for my eCommerce site. I searched on Godaddy.com for the domain. But whatever I selected, was already taken by or occupied by Godaddy himself. Finally one day, I got a good domain name. And I searched on Godaddy for this domain that is it occupied or not. I found that (XYZ.com) name is not occupied by anyone and it is in 99rs to book. But when I go for booking the domain the Godaddy site hanged for a while and when I refreshed I found that Godaddy occupied that domain name and selling it in 1 Million Rupees. WTF... It actually thieved/steal my idea. If it really want to occupy all the name then why the site is for domain booking. Really wasted my one week. Hate you Godaddy. You are not good for site booking.

Godaddy is doing black hack things to force me upgrade my services to get more money from me, is time to starting posting movies about that is YouTube. I waste 2 years SSL service for 5 websites never work anything, just I went to Fiverr and somebody for $5 dollars fixed everything. The trouble is Godaddy offer money to the customer service operators and then they forced sales doing black hack and making false promises. How to screw and big knife in the back to Godaddy? Well doing movies and publishing in YouTube, showing to the people what is happening, for the movies use Filmora is easy in Fiverr $5.

My unfortunate journey with GoDaddy started in May 2015. Since the first day, I did not get assistance. I had to pay them more and more! Let me not go into the past! At present, I purchased Linux hosting with GoDaddy on 17 April 2017. I got no assistance from them, whatsoever for any questions I had when I repeatedly told them I am not a developer and I have no one to assist. In fact, they kept saying to even give me the answer to my question, they will charge me! They could have directed me to the troubleshooting steps on their website but they didn't.

Anyways with this Linux Hosting I got a free site and I have (as I have been advised now, they did not tell me at the time of purchase) 5 working days to change the free domain name. I called up thrice in the early evening and the agents were ready to change the domain name but the names I had in mind were already taken. At 10:15 when I reached the support team again with a domain name that was available, they refused to update the domain name. They wanted to charge me for it. I called up again after hanging up and this agent was being briefed over the phone and I could hear that he was talking to someone. This agent asked me to call in the morning because no supervisor was available to approve the change presently.

It's a pain working with GoDaddy. All the time they hate to help and love to charge. I'm not a rich person yet and today, they refused to change my free domain name. I have moved some of my domains to Big Rock and I have had no issues with them at all. But I am stuck with GoDaddy for another 3 years and I am complaining about this third class company for fleecing me and harassing me repeatedly. A bunch of thugs!

Your company has been SELLING my information to companies who create websites. Not only is this MORALLY WRONG!! It causes me constant harassment from phone call and emails that take away from my work. I plan on canceling my account very soon and starting fresh with a new company that does not partake in profiteering that causes issues for the customer. You're suppose to help the customer. Not cost them time and money of answering spam type phone calls and emails!! Many from third-rate countries. I mean how easy can my personal data be stolen from third-rate countries that are known for scamming people and stealing identities.

HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, AWFUL. DO NOT USE!!! We cancelled because we didn't like the service and kept getting recurring charges. If this happens to you, FILE A DISPUTE WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY. They hate that but it's the only way to get rid of these leeches. The customer service rep was one rude, rude, awful dude. He was pissed because we disputed the charges. Extra work for them! Jerks! Never use GoDaddy.com. They are terrible. The "customer service" rep hung up on us. Jerk!

I bought a domain from GoDaddy yesterday, April/19th. I then received 6 spam calls today, April 20th, 2017. Many of them were Robo call where there are ring then after I picked up, there is no answer. However, I'm so sick of the constant calling and I picked up to talk to this person from India, who ask if I have purchase a domain, and he knows the exact domain name. He told me that he can help me build a website for $300 dollars, then I realized that GoDaddy must have sold me information out to Spam company. My phone # is forever doomed. I am an insurance broker that cannot change my phone #, as I have had been using the same # for the last 20 + years. Other than complaining to FTC, I am not sure what else I can do. If you know of anything else I can do, please kindly email me at **.

Last month, I called GoDaddy to buy 1 year of website hosting. I told them I wanted website hosting that was optimized for Wordpress. The salesman sold me Linux hosting. He did not offer me the "Deluxe Wordpress Hosting" plan they offer. I found out 34 days later that the Godaddy salesman sold me the wrong hosting plan. I immediately called them to be asked to switched to the correct plan, which is EXACTLY the same price as the inappropriate plan they sold me. They refused to switch me to the proper hosting plan and they also refused to offer me a refund because I called 34 days after the purchase and I was supposed to call within 30 days. So now I am stuck for almost 3 years with a hosting plan my website developer does not want to work with. This is highly unethical behavior on the part of GoDaddy. Avoid dealing with GoDaddy at all costs. This company is going downhill rapidly. This is the second time I have been ripped off by GoDaddy.

Two years ago, they screw 16,000 emails - they disappeared. This year, I made sure they assured me that my site was safe w/ a backup. App 2 weeks before my site expired I paid to renew. Today, I realize that I had NO website. It was all wiped out, except for the main photo and my name. The "expert" tech told me that the ThemeLove was to be renewed and that it had nothing to do with them.

I called back but this time the person who answers the phone told me that he can fix it for me!! So it only took 2 minutes! He asked me to go to "back up" and just scroll back to the date that I wanted. I suspect that the expert tech is ignorant or wants me to pay them to "fix" it. They charge $60 and that is the minimum. I did not need anyone. He could have told me to go to back up and click the date... just like the other guy when I phoned again. THESE GUYS ARE SCAMMERS. Also, if you want leave, ensure to LET THEM KNOW ONE MONTH EARLIER, OR THEY ARE GOING TO CHARGE YOU FOR THE WHOLE YEAR!

DO NOT HOST WITH GODADDY. Godaddy is a bunch of shady ** that will charge you more than what you paid if you tried to cancel. First, if you plan on using their email servers DON'T BOTHER. GODADDY'S EMAIL SERVERS HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY ALMOST EVERY COMPANY FOR SPAMMING. When you complain to Godaddy about this, they are like "so what you paid just $12" for the hosting. If you Google the problem with blocked email servers, you'll see complaint after complaint after complaint. Cheap hosting yeah, but they want to steal your money and keep you with a worthless account. Paid $12 for an email server and that's it. Website just to send and receive emails. Couldn't do that because this SOBs spam everybody and everything in sight. So when you go to cancel within your rights, 30 days. They want to charge you a ridiculous undisclosed price of $14.99 saying that that's what it costs them to register the domain.

Godaddy is the biggest shadiest company we have known. Their server performance sucks, you can't do backups with your own software. Your site gets slow and then faster, then times out. Godaddy is nothing more than a bunch of lying bS artists for the fact that they want to charge you $14.99 for the domain name registration and only charge you $12.18 for the domain and hosting? Really, lying SOBs. You would not be offering free domain registration if it costs you $14.99 and you're charging customers $12. It's just another lying excuse for fraud this company wants to do. Will be contacting my credit card company and dispute the charges. So Godaddy be prepared to pay for chargeback fees!

I wanted to purchase a domain so I went to Google - learned Google does not own domains. They sell them third party so I went with GoDaddy through Google (by recommendation of a classmate). I built my site through G Suite sites and the nice Google rep walked me through to set it up to supposedly start populating - which, to date it has not populated. I have to wait for this to begin marketing and I'm on a week and still nothing. In the interim I have had several conversations with GoDaddy - nice people but their product simply doesn't work. If I wanted a free site to populate I wouldn't of gone this route. Very Frustrated and will never use them again.

The last site I used was through NetIDNow.com and the second I hit publish I was live. I didn't use them again solely for financial reasons (they are reasonable at $20 per month) - unfortunately a dissolving partnership left me scraping the bottom of the barrel. I see my only alternative at this juncture is to go back to NetIDNow.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.
  • Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.
  • 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.
  • Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.
  • Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.
  • Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.
  • Best for Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Question and Answers - Godaddy.com

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?

There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.

What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?

Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.

What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.

How does GoDaddy measure success?

GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?

Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?

In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.

How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?

GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Compare Web Hosting