Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.02/5

GoDaddy.com websites start at around $12 for the first year. Additional products include domains, websites, marketing, Wordpress, hosting, web security, email and the GoDaddy mobile app. Partner programs include affiliates, reseller programs and GoDaddy Pro for designers and developers.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: July 2, 2020

This January I paid to renew my two internet domains. For 30 years I've worked to develop a violence prediction tool. It's saved 640 lives already in Chicago by targeting 147,000+ high risk youth with jobs, mentors and anger management. I just found out Godaddy.com just resold the domain I paid for on 22 January 2020 to a Wuhan China domain squatter. After days of calling consumer affairs I am going after the executives. Why do these people continue to be in business?

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have 3 websites with GoDaddy. They kept going down for months. They told me it was my fault and that they needed to re-build or just change my hosting plan etc. Sold me more products and still did not work. Eventually someone went in and they did something to the DNS and they would work then go down again. This happened several times. Then someone eventually told me there was malware on my sites and sold me a package that they said was for all 3 sites. Then only applied it to one site.

They now say, "Well that is too bad," and have not refunded me for falsely making me believe this product was going to fix all three sites. I am starting to believe even though they say "we love helping customers" They actually like deceiving customers and their ultimate goal is to actually just make money of people. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually caused problems to peoples sites knowing that customers would have to call in hence another opportunity to scam them and make money.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2020

I wanted to buy a certain domain name for my company. This domain name was already owned by someone and was for sale at around US$ 65. So I went ahead and bought it. Then, after the payment went through, I was told that the owner of this domain name is actually selling it for 500 USD! So I turned down the offer and asked for a refund of the original 69 USD, which by the way should never have been charged in the first place. After a couple of email exchanges with GoDaddy where I was asking for a refund, they stopped responding me. So I tried the chat on their website. As soon as the chat agent was informed that I wanted a refund he stopped responding to my questions and I had to close the chat. Still no refund on the account after weeks of trying to contact Godaddy. This looks like downright theft.

Original review: June 14, 2020

I am a developer and I had published my website and it worked well without any issue during the whole time. However, the website suddenly showed 404 error. I contacted to the customer service and a hosting team(?) member came to the chat and asked me what's the issue. I said my website url suddenly does not work, and also any changes via ftp were not applied on the website. For this, the answers I heard were amazing. They were basically "I am sure that your script(code) is wrong. If you put right index(???) it must be fine. Also I see an error on f12! Contact to a developer around you." He looked just so unprofessional, silly and even stupid. How scripts that worked for a month (even I checked 3 hours ago before the issue) can suddenly make a these server side error?

I was 100% sure this person has no idea about what he was talking about. He was like a parrot that speaks the same thing over and over. He could not give me any solution, just keep saying my script is wrong. I TOLD him several times the url just does not work even with the given default setting from themselves. I even deleted all of my scripts and showed him it does not work regardless of my stuffs. HOWEVER, he kept saying the similar things over and over. At the end, I figured out the issue by myself (it was a cache issue). He did not help me at all only thing I got from him was stress, disappointment and a thought that "I will never work with Godaddy." If he was really a engineer or technician there, they had been doomed already. They have no idea about their thing and development. They resolve issues by making customers as dummies.

Original review: June 8, 2020

Wow, I've been a customer with GoDaddy for the long haul, I always saw them as the underdog, an ethical customer/employee service. They were the place to go for web developers and tech geeks like myself looking to host and build websites. Now that is not the case! Their customer service has always been second to none, and I'm sad that I didn't write a positive review all the years I'd been with them. But today was like the twilight zone, the wait time was longer than ever, and I was sent routed to India to answer my call. Then from India they sent me back and the US customer service Rep, refused to walk me through my CPanel to help me set up an email because he was trying to push some new products that they had developed.

I've been debating staying on with Go Daddy for the past 5 years as I've been using other platforms to create such as Wix, but justified my expense keeping the CPanel Hosting with GoDaddy because their customer service was so great and I liked supporting the company that supported us tech geeks. Now I can sadly say that is no longer so. Looks like I will be moving on, hopefully some other company can fill in the gap.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I've been a loyal client & reseller for 20 years. However, now I have a bone to pick with Godaddy. I've been trying to transfer two domains away from Godaddy, I went through all the steps, code the transfer code, and Accepted the transfers. Everything by the book. However, without any explanations or reason, they are blocking the transfer of the domains. It's been 72 hours now and I can not get through tech support. The wait is infinite. I finally waited until past midnight to call, now to my surprise it seems that they have a "technical glitch" that prevents them from routing my call (A.K.A. they seem to have stopped 24 x 7 support).

Since there is no plausible, or legal reasons for them to be blocking my domain transfer, I will have to escalate to the management chain of command or get legal. Anybody knows a good Lawyer? At this point, after being a loyal client for 20 years, it's unlikely that I will continue to do business with them. I will transfer all my business elsewhere. They are very shady indeed.

Original review: May 11, 2020

GoDaddy is engaging in unethical business practices and price gouging potential small business. It's extremely difficult to develop and name a new business, I spent hours thinking of a business name and searching for available domains. When I finally made a decision, the domain which was previously available for $10 was now owned by GoDaddy and was available for $14,000. Per other reviews, Go Daddy has analytics on what domains individuals are searching so they can auto purchase and hold ransom your new business name and domain. It's unimaginable that GoDaddy would stifle a small business before it even starts especially in a environment where small business are folding daily. Shame on them! Please do not do business with this company, support another domain registration company that supports small businesses.

Original review: May 11, 2020

This is the ABSOLUTE WORST FRAUDULENT COMPANY I've ever dealt with. After stringing me along for months building my website and getting everything wrong when it finally came time to publish it they sent me emails they were deleting it because I broke their terms of service with no explanation when I did nothing but send them the material. No explanation offered after 10 phone calls. Bunch of twisted CEO's work there. Sickos. Stay as far away as you can. Avoid these **.

Original review: May 10, 2020

Awful company. Been with them 10+ years. Searched a domain yesterday, available, 50$. Go to buy it today, Godaddy owns it and wants 2,000$ for it. This is the SECOND time they have done this to me in the past year. I'm over it. I would recommend you never do business with this company. They use algorithms to follows searches, and when you find good domains they auto-buy it before you get a chance to check out. This is called "domain name front running" and while not illegal it is unbelievably shady. Stay away from Godaddy, they will scam you and steal your money. I am transferring everything I own to name cheap dot com, a wonderful competitor.

Original review: April 24, 2020

GoDaddy is an unethical business. They make it almost impossible to cancel or change and will charge things that you do not want and will not refund. They hold onto your personal information even with written directives to delete it all and to cancel everything. They look bright and shiny and make it easy to start an account but it's very difficult to cancel or change. Stay far, far away unless you want them to take more money every year even when you try to cancel.

GoDaddy.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
      There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
      What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
      Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
      What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
      How does GoDaddy measure success?
      GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
      Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
      In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
      How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
      GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information