Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.4/5 (549 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Top Godaddy.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Verified

I have been hosting my business site with Godaddy for more than 10 years… I've had to call with questions many times and was very impressed each time that I got a human on the pho...

Verified

...GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I...

What is GoDaddy?

GoDaddy is a domain registrar and web host that has been around for more than 20 years. It claims a 99.95% uptime, meaning its site interruptions are rare. The company also offers 24/7 support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

With GoDaddy, you can add email and other features to your domain for a fee. Add-ons like daily backups and SSL certificate might cost extra, depending on the plan you choose. Overall, GoDaddy is easy to use, especially for those who aren’t experienced in website building.

GoDaddy hosting plans

GoDaddy offers several hosting packages, but all plans include unmetered bandwidth and free one-click WordPress installation. Here’s a breakdown of the company’s hosting plans:

• Economy: Offers basic resources for those just starting. Includes one website, 100 GB of storage, standard performance and 10 databases.
  • Deluxe: Offers more space and flexibility. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, standard performance and 25 databases.
  • Ultimate: A good choice for heavier-traffic WordPress sites. Includes unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.
  • Maximum: Intended for complex sites with high-resolution photo and video. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.

Each plan also offers a free domain for your first term. The Ultimate and Maximum plans include a free SSL certificate.

GoDaddy pricing

GoDaddy offers introductory promotional prices, but you’ll have to pay the regular price when your account renews. Also, although the prices are listed by month, GoDaddy charges annually. The promotional and standard costs are:

• Economy: $2.99 a month, then $7.99 a month on renewal
  • Deluxe: $4.99 a month, then $10.99 a month on renewal
  • Ultimate: $5.99 a month, then $16.99 a month on renewal
  • Maximum: $12.99 a month, then $24.99 a month on renewal

Once your first term is up, the price for a domain is $17.99. GoDaddy’s email services start at $5.99, and the cost of its website builder ranges from $10 to $25 a month.

Overall, your GoDaddy website might cost around $36 to $160 annually for your first term, but the price will jump to an average of $200 to $350 annually after renewal.

GoDaddy FAQ

What is GoDaddy used for?
GoDaddy is used primarily as a web host. You can also purchase a domain name from the company.
Do I own my domain name with GoDaddy?
When you register a domain name with GoDaddy, you own the name. If you let your registration expire, you lose the domain.
How does GoDaddy work?
You pay GoDaddy to register a user name and/or host your website. When your contract ends, you can choose to renew or let your domain and name expire.
What does GoDaddy do?
GoDaddy hosts millions of websites and associated email addresses. The company is one of the largest domain hosts in the world.
How much does GoDaddy’s web builder cost?
Depending on the plan you choose, GoDaddy’s web builder can cost between $9.99 and $24.99 a month when billed annually.
Is GoDaddy a good host?
It’s one of the largest hosts and is generally reputable. It does, however, charge extra for features other hosts offer free.

Is GoDaddy good?

GoDaddy is one of the most commonly used web hosts and domain registrars in the industry. That said, the company has mixed customer reviews — many don’t appreciate its high renewal fees, and GoDaddy charges extra for several features other hosts offer at no cost. If you’re looking for a web host and domain registrar, make sure to shop around before committing. You could find a company that better suits your needs and your budget.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Awful company, spoke to Nongam and Sagan on Live Chat and they are refusing to refund an auto renewal for an unused domain which was not authorised to be charged to my card, when I am cancelling well within my 14 day statutory right as a UK consumer. Their own contract states that as a UK consumer I have 14 days to cancel products and services ordered from GoDaddy, yet they are insisting that a refund is not possible.

As per the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, clauses 29, 30, 31 and 32, they are currently breaking UK law by refusing to honour my statutory right to 14 day cancellation as a UK customer. Trustpilot, please investigate this, consumers need to be protected from this horrific level of illegal malpractice. And if you're thinking of getting a domain from GoDaddy, stay WELL clear. They will keep your card details on file and extract money from you years down the line against your will, then refuse to pay it back when no services have been provided. Absolutely disgusting.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Terrible service, all my website was suspended without informing me and locked my account.. Why don't send email to me before your company lock my account? I will never use GoDaddy service again in future, I will tell all people don't use GoDaddy service, GoDaddy is a very unsafe company. I already contact with their customer service for more that three days, they only tell me wait, wait... Please unlock my account!!!

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I was a customer of Godaddy.com for 14 years, more or less satisfied, until, for some odd reason could not access my account. I reported to customer care and it took them two month to reinstate the account! Meanwhile, my credit card was misused, someone tried to sell me my own domain and to top it all when they reinstated the account all my emails and archives were gone and customer care just said "tough!". Stay away off GODADDY, substandard security, poor customer service. My customer number is ** just to ensure how genuine is this complaint.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

The wait times easily exceed an hour only to be disconnected once you've actually spoken with someone an additional 20 minutes and given them a "call-back" number which they never use. I've been their customer for 15 years, and they used to be good prior to 2019. There really isn't any customer support at all anymore, no accountability whatsoever. Haven't been able to access my account or websites for 3 days now, been trying to get it resolved, but just keep getting disconnected after long waits. Incredibly frustrating.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

I've literally waited hours to get a minor problem fixed. As a website designer, I need quick, knowledgeable customer service. I will not be accepting any clients who come to me with GoDaddy from now on, unless they agree to switch hosting. Terrible.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

- 2 Hours 40 minutes spent on their online chat + 3 hours on phone, only for them to tell me, "Sorry, our agent sold you a product (BY MISTAKE)." We can refund you but we can't compensate you for the time, effort, anger, frustration we caused you. Also, their agents are not honest. They first told me that I can save the chat transcript. And then they said that they do not have this option. Also, they refused to send me a copy of the chat. I will NEVER recommend them to anyone (that I care about).

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

June 2, 2022 paid Godaddy over $5,000 (over $3,000 for website design and over $1,200 for hosting) and the designer or designers make a completely unprofessional, made-up material website after I sent them 3 to 5 examples of full content websites to draw info from and combine some of the designs into a creative design for me. Then finally after months of complaining that I do not want that info nor their images, they just MIRRORED a website that non-professional me made! Oct. 28 2022 And it is still not published! This has cost me thousands of dollars of lost sales!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

For security reasons apparently Godaddy changed their website user platform, rendering your current site stagnant and not mobile friendly. Your options are to redo your website from scratch, and if you are a busy business owner you know how little time you have to do these things. OR pay 1,900+ dollars to have them do it. I had paid for 5 years of hosting at $795 40 days ago before I realized this situation and decided to cancel and get a partial refund for remaining 5 years - 2 months. NO REFUNDS! I am currently being charged 16.99 every month on top of what I already paid because my old website is still running and I haven't made a new one on the new platform.

I have called to get help with the new platform because it's completely different than the old, and was just pressured to have them do the site for me at an additional cost starting at $1,900.00. After many calls and more pressure to hire them to do the job I asked if they had a help department anymore for web design and was told go to Godaddy/help. That is the best they can do. I feel extremely used and would not recommend this company to anyone. I wish I could just cancel and get a refund. I would look for a company with good old fashioned customer service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

RUN, RUN, RUN as fast as you can!! This must be the biggest SCAM I every had. If you read this review and still get scammed, it would really be a shame that you fell for their big name. Never ever make a mistake buying a domain from Godaddy, They are thieves and can digest your premium domain, I have a premium domain on my business website with massive SEO traffic on it, I had invested Thousands of $ in 3 years in regard to SEO of that domain, the domain is under my ownership since 2019 and out of the blue I got an email that my website is under some malware attack and we are suspending your domain.

I had a word with the support and they assured me that you can access to your domain within 72 hours. I got another email after 72 hours that we have permanently deleted your domain without any reason and justification. They have pathetic customer support, they don't respond on chat and on call. One of the worst companies I have ever encountered. I am a domain collector and moving all my 100s domains to a better company, I can't risk my domains with such an unworthy company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

GoDaddy was great for 4.5 years until they slowly began limiting what the CS folks could do. Then they offshored to the Philippines and the customer service has gone to hell in a handbasket! 1.5 hour hold times and then disconnected. Request an American Supervisor- disconnected. They want to TEXT and yet they ask the same question 3x- what is going on AFTER you explain it in detail! It's also a total joke that now you have to pay-YEARLY-for Microsoft Outlook! Used to be a ONE-TIME charge! How is Microsoft getting away with this?! They enough money and now want more! This world has really gone bonkers! I DO NOT have DAYS to wait on hold to get resolution!

Godaddy.com Company Information