Godaddy.com Visit Website

Visit Website
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.23/5

Godaddy.com Visit Website

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: April 9, 2020

AVOID AT ALL COSTS EVEN FOR DOMAINS. Their control panel is painfully awkward to navigate, their support will leave you running around in circles for hours and if you want to renew a domain name, they try and force you to use "domain protection" which should be free anyway but costs £30-40 per year on top of the renewal. Want to remove it? Good luck, it won't let you delete it from your cart when you checkout. Thinking about contacting support to get it resolved? Enjoy wasting an hour of your life running around in circles. Removal of this should be simple (not that it should be on there in the first place) and the security code system DOES NOT WORK. After multiple attempts the codes sent do not work. (No it's not a typo, extra space or the previous outdated key!)

Original review: April 8, 2020

I have purchased a Reseller hosting plan for Year and 2-3 times in year server stop working. Most important point is they are not able to resolve the issue till 1 -2 days and every time they said our tech team is working on it. Support team reply - They need to update IIS setting of each domain because their team make any change. "Sir it will take time because it is a Plesk Panel and you know it is worst panel with slow speed. In Plesk we have to do one by one setting for each domain so you required to wait till one day because I will do it or you can do it by yourself." This is really worst service provider.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2020

My account # is ****97 and I have lost my two factor authentication. I requested through your digital platform for turn off the two factor authentication. Your employees are so stupid and helpless people handlining my case. No one helping me instead of asking stupid questions. I am ending the long relationship with Godaddy and I am closing other business accounts with Godaddy.

Original review: March 19, 2020

What a money grabbing company, I was so shocked to see that in this time of economic challenges and with the pandemic. We were trying to send to our tenants and owners updates regarding the epidemic and we manage many properties with concerned tenants and owners. We maxed out the 250 emails to send out as we manage well over that amount of property and when we called in, they informed us only if we paid more money would they be able to up the limit. This is a true crisis where people should be pulling together. Not trying to price gouge on a market with people in need.

Original review: March 12, 2020

I went to GoDaddy to build a website and started a chat with someone for help. The chat person sent me links to complete the process. I used the paid website process and somehow it said free trial process, even after I paid. I called godaddy and the person I talked to sounded reassuring but put me on hold 3 times and each time coming back from a 10 min hold responded with a higher price each time that I needed to pay to get my website processed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: March 11, 2020

Stay away form GoDaddy. They are amazing when they first sign you up but let me tell ya when it comes time for renewal the fees skyrocket and they purposely don't notify you so you can shop around for better deals. I called in twice to the billing Department and spoke to two of the rudest guys who could care less about keeping me as a customer. BUYER BEWARE. STAY AWAY FROM GODADDY....THEY ARE AWFUL!!!!

Original review: March 11, 2020

I have had hosting service and I have purchase domains from Goddady for more than ten years, and as years go by I am more and more dissatisfied with their service and their business practices, their tech assistance is nonexistent, their technicians are only there to sell you more products, I recently purchased their SSL Certificate which they charged me around $80 and they leaved me alone with the installation of the certificate which never worked, they will not offer any technical help, they will offer you to install it for you, for which they charge hundreds, I have already started to migrate my hosting and websites to Hostgator.

Original review: March 5, 2020

After years of building our business and paying the fees upon the advice of the GoDaddy support department, our site goes down and it take two days to restore! Then the site runs extremely slow. Click on link, wait 20 seconds before GoDaddy starts to process the site. GD support tries to sell the fix to what they broke! $4,300 for a new faster server! GD is a fraud! The support team are commissioned sales people that you must not trust! They sell fixes to what they break! Avoid GD and become part of the class action to put them away!

Original review: March 4, 2020

This company is not in business to sell domain names but to continue to overcharge and rip off their clients after the sale. They will trick you into a low buy in then the renewals are outrageously priced and they will charge your CC without your approval for a long term renewal on YOUR website. DO NOT USE!!! I'm thankful to my bank who managed to reverse the huge amount deducted by GoDaddy and credited into my account.

Original review: March 1, 2020

My old website is now linked to a **site. GoDaddy is the registrar of the domain. Informed and asked GoDaddy to stop the domain registration. Reply is 'no' and found out that GoDaddy is active courting ** to be distributed through them - https://www.godaddy.com/tlds/**-domain!!! It looks like GoDaddy has no problem being an accessory in ** distribution.

GoDaddy.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
      There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
      What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
      Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
      What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
      How does GoDaddy measure success?
      GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
      Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
      In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
      How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
      GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information