Godaddy.com

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DO NOT HOST WITH GODADDY. Godaddy is a bunch of shady ** that will charge you more than what you paid if you tried to cancel. First, if you plan on using their email servers DON'T BOTHER. GODADDY'S EMAIL SERVERS HAVE BEEN BLOCKED BY ALMOST EVERY COMPANY FOR SPAMMING. When you complain to Godaddy about this, they are like "so what you paid just $12" for the hosting. If you Google the problem with blocked email servers, you'll see complaint after complaint after complaint. Cheap hosting yeah, but they want to steal your money and keep you with a worthless account. Paid $12 for an email server and that's it. Website just to send and receive emails. Couldn't do that because this SOBs spam everybody and everything in sight. So when you go to cancel within your rights, 30 days. They want to charge you a ridiculous undisclosed price of $14.99 saying that that's what it costs them to register the domain.

Godaddy is the biggest shadiest company we have known. Their server performance sucks, you can't do backups with your own software. Your site gets slow and then faster, then times out. Godaddy is nothing more than a bunch of lying bS artists for the fact that they want to charge you $14.99 for the domain name registration and only charge you $12.18 for the domain and hosting? Really, lying SOBs. You would not be offering free domain registration if it costs you $14.99 and you're charging customers $12. It's just another lying excuse for fraud this company wants to do. Will be contacting my credit card company and dispute the charges. So Godaddy be prepared to pay for chargeback fees!

I wanted to purchase a domain so I went to Google - learned Google does not own domains. They sell them third party so I went with GoDaddy through Google (by recommendation of a classmate). I built my site through G Suite sites and the nice Google rep walked me through to set it up to supposedly start populating - which, to date it has not populated. I have to wait for this to begin marketing and I'm on a week and still nothing. In the interim I have had several conversations with GoDaddy - nice people but their product simply doesn't work. If I wanted a free site to populate I wouldn't of gone this route. Very Frustrated and will never use them again.

The last site I used was through NetIDNow.com and the second I hit publish I was live. I didn't use them again solely for financial reasons (they are reasonable at $20 per month) - unfortunately a dissolving partnership left me scraping the bottom of the barrel. I see my only alternative at this juncture is to go back to NetIDNow.

My website was unavailable for access by anyone for three months. I only now became aware of the situation. I called GoDaddy customer service. Someone on their staff had re-entered an old e-mail address of mine. They also had my correct e-mail address, however, notices about my account were being sent to my old e-mail address to which I no longer had access. Everything was corrected today, but GoDaddy refused to give me credit for the three months that my site was unavailable. Instead, they blamed me and said I must have entered the information incorrectly! No way would I enter an e-mail address on my account that was inactive for more than two years. Worst customer service ever. Will definitely not renew when my contract is up.

I had terrible, terrible experience with GoDaddy.com. Don't ever sign up for AutoPay. They will increase the bill every year and take advantage of the auto payment. When I realized I paid extra for something I didn't even need and called the customer service. They told me that it was pass the 30 day refund window and they are very strict about their policy. That is just ridiculous!

If you don't renew your account, they will completely delete everything that you've worked hard to create. I created a GoDaddy account a few years back, I could no longer afford to pay for a domain, but thought it would convert to a free account like other websites offer. I received emails they were going to sell the domain name which I was fine with. However, they not only deleted the domain but the entire website and all the work that I had put into creating it. Not only that. Everything, that had my business name on it via the web world before I used GoDaddy is gone as well, including any google searches. I would never recommend anyone using this site for a website or to manage their domain. Their only interest is how to make "MONEY" off consumers! They could care less about your hard work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

I have my hosting of all my domains with Godaddy. I reached my file limit. I contacted Godaddy several times to assist me, not being a tech person, what I can do to solve the problem. Tell me where these files are and which category of files is causing the problem. After 3-4 calls at different times and only yesterday I received guidance regarding the problem. Every time telling me their job was not that of a Web Developer. I did not ask them to do the job of a Web Developer - I was asking for guidance on how to solve the problem. The arrogance is what upsets me calling Godaddy. Every time I am on the phone you have to explain the same problem. Also every time I call +1 480 505 8877 it is at my cost - when holding the line, it is at my cost. Godaddy consultants attitude is bad. Where is the days where the customer is #1?

My website did not show up well. I contacted Godaddy. I was told on the first call that it is due to the file limit that is why the pictures are not showing. After I reduced the file size I called back. Immediately I was told that my account reached the file limit. At that time I knew that the file size was about 243+ thousand which was less than 250,000 the required limit. It took me getting angry and showing frustration for the person to look at what was really the problem. When I made the first call, no real investigation was done to solve the problem. This second time I was not going to let it go. My website is not showing pictures. My website is key to my business. Are they not getting it? Finally the problem was discovered. It had nothing to do with the file size, the Wordpress had a different domain name attached to it. So, there you go. The problem solved. But what did it take to solve the problem? Energy and time wasted!

I have a sense that Godaddy interest is not the client. At least their first priority is not customer satisfaction. Their business activity is sneaky and deliberate. Why do I say that! Under my Deluxe Plan I have 100 emails I am allowed to receive. I did not renew my unlimited email plan thinking that I can still get the 100 emails. What Godaddy did was remove all my email accounts that are active under the domain name that I am using. They left the email accounts that I have not used. I run a business, so I can't communicate with my customers because my active email accounts was literally removed. This was deliberate because in this way they forced me to renew my unlimited email subscription. This I call crafty and bad business. Also tantamount to a lack of integrity.

The bottom line - Godaddy is not helping businesses become successful so that they can in turn help Godaddy be successful. Godaddy instead provides very poor customer service that makes you feel you have to constantly fight with them to get your point across. This accompanied with bad manners, speaking while you are trying to explain and making you think you don't' know what you are talking about. Within the next month, I will remove all my domains from Godaddy to avoid unnecessary future stress. Also, my business is no longer in safe hands.

I need to write about what I'm going thru with these guys to keep other people from spending time in this services. THE MANAGED SUPPORT ACTUALLY IS A GUY TRYING TO SELL YOU FULLY MANAGED SUPPORT. On service compare when you purchase their dedicated scam they didnt state what includes each plan so be warned actually with managed support. You'll end doing everything yourself.

EMAIL RELAYERS - Seems somehow even if you have a full dedicated server, they will get your emails thru several email server they administrate, so dedicated is now a pool for all other people sending emails. Lots of these servers are blacklisted and it's almost impossible to get support to investigate bounces. They will only tell you to keep trying sending in 15 minutes as the relayers rotate IPs... This is unacceptable for dedicated but it didnt end there. After making you spend time on support chat you will end with the same question you begin spending hours and hours of blah blah and no REAL SOLUTIONS. Most of their relayers are blacklisted and not rotated/solved so you'll end without sending real emails to real world, Hotmail, Gmail will fail lots of time...

Today for example I get support answer that I need to check my server security as it was compromised somehow... I reviewed server and sent summaries. They told me I send 16000 emails but their same stats showed only 2000 so these guys will look at any excuse to throw the ball to you or try to sell you fully managed support to get some decent admin to answer your questions... People on support are or not will to help... No one on all the support tickets I've sent for more than a year had responded or reviewed IP blacklists on their relayers. They will not give even a try to help you.

SNAPSHOT - Keep away from this recovery option. My server was hacked as no one in support tried to help in any of the 20 times I communicate to support and ask them for security help. It seemed somehow I followed all the CPanel guidelines to keep hacker away from shell and exploiting server. Also had cxs solution to mark all rare usage. Even with all that measures and lots of hours setting security, we get to fatality on our "dedicated plan", so I asked them to let me know the last recovery snapshot they had.

Already tried to bill me 150 USD for recovering their snapshot so I went to my snapshot taken a few days earlier. Well to recover 800gb of data it has taken about 9 days... This is a totally joke as I manage 120 accounts in there... So let all the end users they will not have a server as the SNAPSHOT that should work in minutes takes most than a week... I had to convince all the 120 end clients to recreate their blank accounts, emails and that soon it will be an option to copy all websites as the VPS Snapshot is a scam. I dont even want to try their BACKUP solutions as read they will charge you for each account recovery too. NICE DONE... (mental note: I do really need to start looking to Amazon and Azure. Microsoft people if you really read this it would be nice to provide an Azure vps plan that includes CPanel... please note that.)

Keep away from these please, lose your time in anything other than this service as no one assures quality and live chat reviews are not taken seriously... Maybe they have too much work to respond you or maybe give you support... Actually they dont have a support email for writing. You need to wait to chat support to work and it doesnt work 24/7. It's just 8/5 if you get lucky to enable the CHAT BUTTON.

This company makes money off of scamming people. They charged an expired credit card with no prior notice, authorization or confirmation. When I called to deal with this issue, the customer service representatives were unwilling to help or refund the unauthorized $45 charge. I would have been a continued and future customer had they offered to help but their interest in not in helping customers, but in stealing money. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I warn you - they will try to steal your money! I am very careful to always check accounts and credit cards. Anytime I have ever had an issue to a company, they have been willing and happy to help me. That is how you run a successful business. GoDaddy has no interest in serving customers. They want your money now and do not care about your future business. I will never be doing business with them again.

Godaddy.com charging me with auto-renewals after I CANCEL. Godaddy.com has tricked me multiple times stating they removed auto-renewal on my account after I called in twice! Usually the auto-renewal is set for 2 or 3 years down the road, so you won't notice until you see a payment receipt. I called in 2 times to cancel (and confirmed by customer service) in a 5 year span. It never sticks! There's always another auto-renew notice after. I asked to terminate my account on the phone a couple years ago, but I'm still getting billed! WTH. I filed a complaint with Paypal, Godaddy and now I'm going to BBB.org.

Consumer Increased Rating!

On 4/1/15 I paid GoDaddy $1,151.15 for a website. I had several very long phone calls with their website development people. Their web forms did not fit my business size or model. I couldn't get anywhere. One derogatory employee sent me a link to build one myself. UGH. The next year on 4/1/16 they hit my card again for $1,151.15 and I started asking for a website and got nowhere. I even sent them an example of a site I wanted. I asked multiple times for a refund. I never got either.

I got hit again today for $1,151.15 and called. This time they said they would refund this charge. I asked about the other $2302.15 they took and was told they could do nothing about it. I asked them to talk to a supervisor to make this right. They should give me site. He put me on hold for a while then came back and said that no supervisors were available. He said they would call me. This is just like the last 2 years. GoDaddy are the worst. Stay far away. Any company would be better than them.

Recently I purchased a domain from GoDaddy and at the time of purchase they gave a free web builder free for 1 month but it didn't work. I called to their customer support quite a lot of times but their response is so weird and unprofessional. Their rep are replying very rudely and not at all bothering about my concern. And their IVR flow is also sooo pathetic that after connecting very difficultly passing all the options, it will get disconnected. Sometimes their reps are disconnecting the call after hearing to the issue. Very bad experience.

Our experience with GoDaddy has been terrible. I will give one example, but my last statement reflects many specific experiences. On their recommendation, we transferred a website that was hosting by them to a "greater and better" hosting plan because it was to be faster. We had three weeks of nightmares with the website being down because the new hosting plan would not accept the old website design. It took over three weeks for someone at GoDaddy to confirm that and then we had to return the old website to the older hosting plan. You can not trust anything that a person tells you. The next time you call you get a different story that negates anything that you were told previously.

I want to buy a domain from Godaddy.com. I go to Godaddy.com but the domain name I want is sold out. The website give me chance to buy it. I think I paid 7000 for the domain but they sold me a DOMAIN BUY SERVICE. Now I have to bid for this domain. Which is not affordable. The domain buy service is not refundable which means 7000 I invested is fully wasted. Company make 7000 without doing anything. This is called business strategy.

Please advise me on a good hosting website I can use. Godaddy is losing my valuable domains left and right and they have been charging me $80 more than 7 time to regain my lost domain. I kept changing my email so they would email me with warnings, but they never send me warning emails, they just send me emails about my account being deleted and that I must pay $80 to get it back.

Godaddy used to be the best, now I am looking to leave them. Please direct me to another hosting site, because I'm going crazy at Godaddy. They want me to renew my domains for 10-20 years per domain but I should not have to do that. I should have control and reminders when it's time to renew. This is not right. I'm paying $80/domain to renew it every time. When it should be no more than $10-$15. Please help me, they are robbing us.

GoGaddy is an actual crime ring. I have been an investigator for 31 years and can tell you they are trained to rip people off and do exactly the OPPOSITE of what you tell them. Here is several examples (facts). I spoke to a man this morning who was telling me I was paying way too much money and if I consolidated I could save thousands with GoDaddy. Lie #1. I then contacted GoDaddy a second time and spoke to Devin who advised me about my interests in their e-commerce product. I was advised that I would get a discount if I signed up right away and could not use a discount they send me via email everyday. I also inquired about the auto-renew for my domains and told them I was getting rid of much more after deleting about 40 others to date. He told me to check off on the auto-renew on the domain page and that would solve the problem.

Another rep. showed me a page where all my domains were listed and to click the "all" button to take them (93) domains off of auto-renew. GoDaddy sent emails where I found some disturbing information and then looked at all invoices where they charged me nearly $6,000 today to renew my domains each for 4 years. They also charged me $291.00 for something else, I have no clue about. When I called back livid as I wasted about 2 hours, I asked for a supervisor and got a guy named Keith. The SOB was abusive, abrupt, nasty and would not let me get a word in. Did not care that I was a customer of 18 years. This is outright theft and deception not to mention the horrible business practices of GoDaddy. I took some time to do research on this company and they are littered with enormous amounts of complaints, rip off reports, etc. The company needs to be accountable for their actions just like anyone else.

Because the website I built with their application wasn't working properly (I couldn't even share the page into FB) I called. I had to call 2 days. On Saturday they had me waiting for over one hour. On Monday I finally got someone. The rep could not be less professional. He ended up telling me their free builder was just a trial and they were still testing it so I shouldn't expect it to work but of course, if I wanted to upgrade (that means paying $$). Rather than offering me a solution. He sounded tiresome and like he couldn't care less, clearly he was just trying to get rid of yet another dissatisfied customer.

In the meantime, I had already spent hours building it. Additionally, they sold my information, I am sure, as I commenced to receive offers from website builders right after signing up for a new domain name. Whatever happened to this company? They used to be decent. Their website is worse than ever. I can't even find my order numbers now, without going through my email. I regret purchasing my domain with them and I will not repeat this error.

Because of their billing system, and the inability to use a backup form of payment that I uploaded, they literally deleted my website and all of its content over 3 years, for the non-payment of $9 from my monthly fee. No phone call, no letter, no nothing excepts emails which I found after the fact because I get so much spam and marketing junk from them. Now I have to start my entire website over again. 100+ articles, interviews, etc.. One thing is for sure - I won't be using them any longer.

I paid $2688 in advance for web design, had a consultation (on the same day) and given a 10 working day deadline for our goals. On the DAY AFTER deadline day, (and after 20 minutes on hold within the design department), I learned no work or development was completed on the design of the site, at all! Furthermore, after admitting they dropped the ball, GoDaddy wanted to charge me a cancellation fee to cancel and move forward. I am beside myself! I have done a considerable amount of business (hosting, domains, etc...) with GoDaddy, for many years now. Unfortunately, this was a terrible experience on every level, and I will be using alternatives/competitors moving forward. Justin (with the Professional Web Services department of GoDaddy) was the lead designer on my project. Extremely disappointed!

We hired GoDaddy to clean an infected web page. The techs were never able to do the job and after numerous of complaints in writing and phone calls, we hired a third party to have the problem solved. GoDaddy refused to issue a refund, as it is their policy not to refund service work even when it was poorly or not performed to standard. We have been a very good client for the last 10 years and will now transfer and close our accounts!

I received 2 bills/autopay on Visa since I did not renew the URL & web builder for $10.79. I spoke with a techie-type to discuss the URL and apparently they do not communicate with the billing folks. I did NOT renew and previously had set the account NOT to auto-renew. Maybe you have to re-designate that every single year, but that would be ridiculous. I called 3/9/17 to ask why I'm still being billed by Godaddy on my Visa. I got some customer support chick who says "It's your responsibility to manage your account". Well, it's also my responsibility to manage my Visa! I asked for it to be cancelled again and she says "I have no record you've cancelled this before." I asked for a supervisor, and was blown off for an unreasonable time frame. I hung up.

I got a callback and miraculously, a supervisor (David) was just finishing up when we got "disconnected". Serv Rep was Maya. She handed me off to David, who was looking up the account when I got cut off. David did call back and we discussed the billing. I am disgusted that I had to get belligerent to get any results. I won't be using their services again and I would warn anyone out there who avoids conflict to beware of their billing and customer service practices. For a small business, $10.79/month adds up when it occurs multiple times. Good luck to Godaddy users; I'm off to GoSomewhereElse. After I got cut off the last time, I called back and got a guy named James, from Mobile, AL. Really nice guy but I didn't encounter him first.

I bought 3 domains and found them still available on other sites. I asked their online chat and he asked for my account no. and PIN so he could check. Then replied telling me I had spelled my domain names wrong. I logged in and checked my account with them and the spelling of the domains I had bought from them had been changed. TOTALLY RIPPED OFF. STAY AWAY.

I am researching how to obtain class action status for all the people here, including myself. Took my money, registered my domain and I set up my page. Within hours I was receiving numerous calls from AZ, Indiana and other states, all people seeking to sell me website services and search engine access. It did not stop. I go online and in a chat complain to them telling them, stop the calls, I merely want my webpage hosted without nuisance calls, harassment etc... They would not give me an Email Address so I could put it in writing without talking to some disinterested idiot on the phone. Yesterday I receive an email telling me I need to "verify" my account and they have suspended my account, website... Or in other words, they punished me for not answering the phone.

I sent them a copy of my driver's license, number redacted and I am now waiting to "see" if they re-instate my account and website. If they do not I plan to file a pro se lawsuit against them. They cannot arbitrarily punish you for not accepting a million phone calls... Web host should be seen... not heard from. I served 20 years in the military, have MS. And what do they want to do, the only thing that makes my symptoms worse, create stress for me. Again, I am researching if there is a law firm willing to investigate the merit for a class action suit against Godaddy. Their actions and business model are predatory, harassing and illegal... That is my opinion, let's see if it rises to level we can seek legal recourse...

Our web domain expired because of a catastrophic illness by our web manager - we spoke with them multiple times with minimal assistance - was told we were signed up so we were the first in line and we were led to believe it wouldn't go to public auction - it did and we were outbid. Poor, poor customer service and can only think inside the little boxes their brains are kept in. Will never use Godaddy again and want to warn others they are not there to truly help you.

2-21-2017, After I register domain that they advertised $0.99 + 7.99 privacy + $0.18 tax = $9.16, but they charged me $20.16, they add up $11.00 without reason! Keep away from this big scammer, Godaddy not like before that we think. I talked to customer service his names **, he was so angry and speak louder when he communicated with me. He also said, why I don't stop click in and call them before I agreed purchased it! I believed many people got this trap like me, and he said this charged can not be return. If I want to cancel this domain I must wait for 90 days. KEEP AWAY FROM IT, it IS DADY SCAM. Please go there and try to register then you will the problems, just like he SAID stop it and don't click next. This is NEW scam.

Godaddy should face a class action lawsuit for selling the personal information of its customers. I have been a customer of GoDaddy for several years and during that time I have seen a deterioration in their services and I have witnessed GoDaddy partake in highly questionable, unethical business practices. My trust level now with GoDaddy is at an all time low and I will be moving ALL of my services to another provider. I am of the opinion now that Godaddy is a very unethical, unscrupulous company ran by very ruthless, morally deficient people. I would suggest to members of the public reading these reviews that you would be better off avoiding GoDaddy entirely.

My main complaint now is that today I awoke to find all of my personal, private information which is under my Godaddy profile listed publicly on both Google and Yahoo (the two search engines I managed to check) with all of my Godaddy domains. How did these people get this information? They even have my nameserver DNS records from GoDaddy as well. They had so much detailed information on me (all taken from my Godaddy account) that Godaddy had to be complicit in this. I have domains which do not have privacy on them with competitors of GoDaddy and none of those domains were listed. It was only my Godaddy domains.

Every single one with my personal Godaddy profile information. I also know Godaddy was involved with this because the information under my 'whois' registrant information is different than the information I provided under my personal GoDaddy profile. I used a different address and phone number. But the website prominently displayed my PERSONAL address and cell phone number and not the information listed under my domain registration. GoDaddy reps had no answers for me. They were and are clueless. I believe these predatory business practices, these unethical, immoral and potentially illegal business practices are taking place at the top of the chain at Godaddy.

Godaddy should face a class action lawsuit for selling the personal information of its customers. Regardless of what Godaddy says, this website had very specific, very detailed information on me which was gleaned from my Godaddy personal profile. I went to the BBB site which oddly gives Godaddy an A+ rating even though it shows that Godaddy has 95% NEGATIVE reviews and only 4% positive reviews and I saw many other recent complaints from people alleging that Godaddy has recently sold their personal information because their home addresses and personal cellphone numbers are now displaying along with their Godaddy website information on public websites instead of the information they had listed under their registrant tab for the domains.

Godaddy has done so much wick stuff to its own customers in an effort to quickly increase its profits and add to its bottom line. I have seen Godaddy remove script that comes standard in most websites (even the free ones such as Blogger and Wordpress) that automatically formats the site for Mobile and Social Media and then turn around and charge customers to get that same script added back into the site.

Godaddy has removed free emails that I had on my sites and used for years which came with the domain purchase and suddenly out of nowhere (again to try and quickly increase its profits) Godaddy would go into its database and remove those emails. Shocked I called up to Godaddy when I found the emails no longer working and was told by Godaddy's lying reps 'oh you never ever had those emails free' even though even though I had been using them for years and had communicated several times throughout the years with various GoDaddy reps who had confirmed I had those emails as long as I had the domain. Godaddy basically took back what it promised. Out the blue. Conveniently to force me into a highly priced email plan.

Godaddy's websites are so glitchy and I had so many problems with them not displaying correctly on social media and not being formatted for mobile that I had to move them to other competitors of Godaddy. The sites would display blank squares on Facebook instead of the site page or portions of the template such as a black square with no words, etc. Godaddy's own agents never took responsibility for this and chose to constantly blame the website developers and the only thing Godaddy's agents could do was take a snapshot of my webpage and save it. Problem is it never ever changed so no matter how many changes I made to my site, the homepage would always show just a picture. Not any words or anything. This was ridiculous.

To those people on here who paid THOUSANDS to get Godaddy to build their sites you have my sympathies as well. Godaddy's websites are terrible and their so called 'developers' don't know what the hell they are doing. I think they are lowly paid workers in India who are more than likely overworked and not very skilled as well. To all who are thinking of doing business with Godaddy I suggest you run in the opposite direction. Godaddy is an awful company in my opinion and one that cannot be trusted.

Unethical and manipulative is the only way to describe this. They monopolize domains and I have reason to believe they bid on their own domains to raise your prices, charge you to monitor the domains you want and don't do much monitoring at all. I did receive a 25 dollar refund for their so called domain monitoring service. With all this said, this type of service that borderline holds peoples licensed business names hostage, so to speak, should be outlawed by some legislative action in the form of a consumer protection act.

For security reasons, we do not wish to have our checking account information in anyone's database. Our organization has website hosting services through GoDaddy.com. Our organization cut us check for our annual subscription fees to GoDaddy and I contacted them to obtain an address where to send the check. I was told both via chat service and through Kevin in their billing department that they do not accept checks. They refused to provide an address where to send the payment. When I asked the rep if that meant they were prepared for me to take our business elsewhere, they said I was "free to exercise that option." He refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor.

I have purchased one of their two products 09/01 that costs 12 pounds & 0 pound. One year later, they auto-renewed it without sending me a transaction receipt with the amount of 309 euros. First, I was unaware of the purchase; secondly, auto-renewal without any notification to consumers near dates of transaction is unacceptable. I have never use the two products before.

Live domain help -- I purchased a lot of products a while ago but never used them because was not too savvy on how to use them. It came time to renew them and I called to discuss the why I needed them, and the agent walked me through all of my products VERY PATIENTLY and helped me keep only the ones that would REALLY help me optimize my goals. He saved me a lot of money and explained the value of each product he felt I could use and identified the ones I didn't need. He also showed me a trick on how to renew for a fraction of what I would have paid had I not reached out to him. VERY happy and grateful he listened to my needs and was patient with this 62 year old lady that didn't have a clue.

Worst domain host on the entire Web. They sell you a website, then cancel without notice and sell domain name to another subscriber. $80.00 renewal fee to get it back. Pack of thieves. They did it with my previous site, cancelled it without notice and sold it to the highest bidder. Would NEVER use this outfit to handle my website. PERIOD.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.
  • Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.
  • 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.
  • Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.
  • Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.
  • Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.
  • Best for Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Question and Answers - Godaddy.com

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?

There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.

What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?

Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.

What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.

How does GoDaddy measure success?

GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?

Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?

In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.

How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?

GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Compare Web Hosting