Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

GoDaddy.com websites start at around $12 for the first year. Additional products include domains, websites, marketing, Wordpress, hosting, web security, email and the GoDaddy mobile app. Partner programs include affiliates, reseller programs and GoDaddy Pro for designers and developers.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Godaddy.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

Long standing issues with website hosting. It seems that every-time I rang, Go Daddy were keen to upsell me yet another product or service. When I finally had enough and wanted to cancel my annual hosting, they refused to provide any refund as it is apparently "company policy not to provide refunds after the first 30 days"... I don't think this is fair at all considering it is a yearly subscription and there are over 6 months remaining. Go elsewhere guys and deal with real people, not robots!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I bought 2 hosting from them, both had massive problems about malware and speed. Instead of resolving or upgrading, they are pushing me to buy a completely new plan with zero discount. Why do they even have those crappy solutions?

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I bought my domain and email services with them. They were showing as bundle for $12 but eventually paid separate $12 for domain and $24 for one year one email. Icing on the cake, the email account didn't work for a good 3 weeks and Godaddy is refusing to refund it now because it's 5th week since I bought it. But first 3 weeks the email didn't work. Very frustrated with their service.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Their 24/7 support claim is misleading. Poor customer service and even poorer business practices. No support whatsoever. Rude agents will hang up the phone in order to not cancel your subscriptions. In my opinion, a class should unite.

Resolution response: Aug. 27, 2020

They eventually got my website live, so I've increased the review to two stars. I suppose if you have a lot of time, a forgiving soul and the patience to do some things over again then you can be satisfied with the service here.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

My goal was to transfer my website hosting from Wix to GoDaddy. Bought & paid for in May. Told it would take a week to go through. One week passed, then two, then a month, then two, then three. Nothing. On August 14, I slogged through chat help for a few hours to find out it hadn't been connected yet. They promised to do so in the next 72 hours. Nothing.

On August 17, I spent the afternoon on chat help being transferred from one tech support person to another, only to find GoDaddy had CONNECTED MY SITE TO THE WRONG ACCOUNT. They promised to fix it and move my content over themselves "as a courtesy for the inconvenience." On August 19, I got a chipper e-mail happily informing me "my ticket has been resolved." But. It. Hasn't. What a clunky, glitchy, incompetent hosting company. Please, folks: never use GoDaddy.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

In 2018 I was contacted by GoDaddy's salespeople and encouraged to upgrade. They told me that using everything would be easy (even after I warned them of my inexperience with these things). After I paid, I discovered that things were not at all easy, and when I contacted them they were extremely unhelpful. Almost immediately after my purchase I asked for a refund, which they refused. I will try to find some use for the hosting that I have with them, but I've decided to cut my losses and move much of my main web work elsewhere. I don't really have any recourse at this point, since I was foolish in getting conned, and nothing they're doing is illegal (unlike other reviewers).

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

In January 2020, Godaddy offered to update my website for a charge (2500?). Later I learned I paid for them to built a website from scratch, not update. This is not what the salesman offered. Each time I requested my money back I was offered another option of service. For 5 months there was back and forth trying to design a website, which I do not have a creative bone in my body. My prior website was designed by someone without my input except for writings. After much haggling with Godaddy, we made a little progress though it was not my preference. There would be days/weeks between upgrades and changes. I could never speak to the developer. I always spoke to a middle man.

At some point, 2 months ago, I decided to pay someone else to create and complete a new website, without my input. At present it has been 7 months and Godaddy still has not completed the original website...which I no longer need. Today will be the 4th (?) time I have asked for a refund. Again, Godaddy refused to give me a full refund. They chose to refund $600 out of $2400(?). I'm probably due interest for them taking so long to do...??? almost nothing!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I know how to web design, but they sold me on the idea that they are professional web designers, and they will do it until I am happy. It was not cheap. $3000 for web design and hosting for 1 year. They are sneaky, they didn't tell me they have a 15 days return policy. My first appointment was 20 days later, so I missed my return date. I said, "Okay fine. Let's do this." They promised me it takes 24-48 hours to update or make changes to my site. They lied, everything takes a week, and they didn't do it right, then it took another week. I had to correct their spelling and repeatedly mistakes. I know Wordpress and I did my personal website using WP in 2 days.

I thought for $3000 I would get a professional design. Their version of "professional web design" is to use a template and add pictures to it. There was no designing involve, I could have done that for free. After months of no activities, I asked for my money back, and they said I could only get 50% of it back. This is for one year contract, and nothing was done for the last four months. They did not return any of my calls or reach out to me since March. My account has directions to forward my request to an account manager, and I have left numerous voicemail to the account manager and never got a reply. Worst experience ever. I have been with Go daddy for other services for over 12 years. I do not recommend their web design service. My website is still not published and in limbo. They already got my money, and I did not get my product.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Godaddy has been screwing around with me for a week ... holding my domain hostage. I needed it transferred over to my Siteground service. I sought help three times last week to lift privacy settings and unlock my domain. The last time, I finally received no errors. Now Siteground says Godaddy won't release it!... AGAIN.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I have been a customer since a few years, and host three websites with associated mail with GoDaddy. In June, all three were hacked at root level. Despite the official announcement that customers were noticed, that is not the case. GoDaddy assumes no responsibility for three Websites having been demolished and claim this is customer responsibility for not having purchased even more add-ons. Additionally passwords for all email accounts were hacked as well, which seems of no interest to this gigantic provider.

GoDaddy.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
      There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
      What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
      Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
      What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
      GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
      How does GoDaddy measure success?
      GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
      A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
      Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
      In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
      How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
      GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information