Godaddy.com
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Godaddy.com

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

486 Godaddy.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I have used GoDaddy for 7 years for my business, and have several email addresses with them. I thought they were okay, albeit quite slow, especially when loading emails on my phone. But yesterday I found a fatal error in their system. A client had sent me a work order with a 27 MB attachment on November 3. Yesterday (November 16) they asking how the work was coming. Work? What work? I never got an email...? They were able to show me the email they had sent me - TWO weeks ago.

So I called GoDaddy. They said "Oh, your attachment limit is 25 MB, so it didn't upload." Oh... okay. But it also didn't tell me "Someone sent you an email that was too big to upload." I got no notice. Nothing. The client got no notice. The customer service guy told me that it was the client's fault because their system didn't let them know. I don't care about "their" system. I care that MY system, GoDaddy, didn't let me know that a too large attachment had been sent to me. How am I supposed to conduct business using an email provider like that? A client thinks they sent me a work order, it isn't delivered to me, they aren't told that it bounced back, I get no notice, and it falls into a black hole.

Oh, how did I solve it? I had them send the file to my FREE personal Gmail account, which had NO problem delivering it to me. I just paid the annual fee for GoDaddy, and no doubt I won't get reimbursed. Don't care. On Monday I'm switching all my emails and websites to a new provider. I'm spending pretty much 24/7 all weekend getting the work done because I don't want to lose this client, but I am SO angry with GoDaddy that I took the time to write this review.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

This is only the second time I've ever written an online complaint, but I have to warn folks about this. I'm a network engineer for several commercial clients. As a courtesy, I manage their website, email and domain issues with GoDaddy. To keep it simple, I set up a single bank account to pay for the various GoDaddy accounts, then the clients just reimburse me. I am extremely careful to NEVER leave the automatic renewal option selected, because I don't want to pay GoDaddy before I confirm that the client wants to renew.

Over the last several weeks, I've received numerous notices from GoDaddy that one of the accounts is about to expire and be cancelled. I've gone back and double-checked - I did not receive a single notice that the account was going to auto-renew. I am 99.999% sure that I had turned auto-renew off. Today, my bank notified me that the account I set up for paying GoDaddy was overdrawn. When I checked, I found that GoDaddy had withdrawn $1100 from the account, with no notice of any kind. When I called them, they claimed that the auto-renew option was turned on, yet when I checked, it is turned off on every other account that I manage. I had not received a notice that they were going to do this and I had not received a receipt that they had done it.

As I said, I did get several notices that the account was going to expire. The agent offered to "re-send" the receipt, and it popped up in my email instantly. She also claimed that she could see previous notices regarding the automatic renewal, yet when I checked every email account AND my junk mail, there wasn't a single notice. The reason I felt compelled to write this is that - this is the second time I've had this identical experience with GoDaddy. I could accept that once could be an accident or mistake, but I've now been through this twice. I'll be moving all my accounts from GoDaddy.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I called and cancelled my service but they still charged my account saying I didnt state specifically what services I wanted cancelled. They refuse to refund renewal even though I dont want their services.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

This is the worst website building website I have ever used. I asked them to take me off their automated renewal option because the website does not do what I need it too, they didn't take me off the listing apparently. They charged me over $200 which I found on my bank statement. I called them to have them reverse the charges and they said since it's been 3 days over their 30 day policy they can't refund me. I mean for 3 days I find that ridiculous, I even asked to be charged only for the month and refund me the rest and she refused anything I asked. I even asked to speak to someone higher in position about this policy and got denied that as well. If I can give them NO STARS I would. Taking advantage of people like this is so wrong.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I was set for the auto-renew of my web domains for years. Because I cancelled the Amex credit card, the payment that I set up for in years past, didn't go through. No call or email from Godaddy. I only received an email that the domains had been cancelled. I immediately called when I got the email. They wanted to charge $120 per website to renew because they said it had been past 30 days! Wow. But the rep said they will discount to $55. Gee thanks. $165 for 3 sites to get them back! Almost seems like blackmail. I only paid for one and let the other two go. Cost was $55.17.

In the past, when a credit card had expired, they called me and got the correct billing info. I get that it's my responsibility to update, but come on. If you called in the past and don't now, shouldn't the consumer get a pass? Had I known they had expired, I would have renewed them immediately. Not good Godaddy. Not good at all. Especially when dealing with a long time customer. Next time, I'll go through another domain provider.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

As a business person, developer and multi domain owner, I have been dealing with GoDaddy's deceptive traps for a decade. Today was the final straw, I went to renew one of my domains and of course in the process of clicking on the 1 domain that was coming due, GoDaddy stacked up all my domains on one multi year payment page for renewal, none of them due, except the one I clicked on that was due for renewal, as I tried to remove the others from the page, my screen suddenly changed and said, "Thank you for payment and here's your receipt."

As my business is run on a slim budget, I had to call in and get them to remove the other renewal charges for the domains that were not due yet, their solution was to completely delete my other domains from my account and lose them in order to refund the part payment they had basically just stolen from me. As a result of this I had to take off work. Drive 80 miles round trip to my bank because they had just over drafted my business account. They held me hostage for the payment in order to keep my other domains. After many many years of doing business with GoDaddy, I am sick and tired of the constant deceptive business practices, and I will be transferring all my domains somewhere else, and I am sure the GoDaddy will have some way screw me out of my hard earned money at that time also...

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Received telemarketing call from Godaddy.com sales telling me that they will be phasing out the Workspace email program and that I need to switch over to Office 365. The Rep said that I could either have Godaddy migrate the archive email over at $100. Per email box, or do it myself by backing up the email boxes as .PST files and importing them in. I opted to do it myself, Rep stated that I would be saving money by switching to Office 365. I spent two days and countless hours on the phone with customer support trying to migrate my email boxes over.

After experiencing many rude customer support reps, I was told that I lost all my email archives and since I didn’t pay Godaddy $400. to do the migration that it was my own fault! Long story short, I finally was able to switch back to Workspace and found out that my email archives were still intact. If Godaddy is phasing out Workspace within the company why are they charging customers to migrate? I was totally scammed!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Very disappointing with the hosting service provided by Godaddy. Zero level of security you can expect from the support team. Having paid more than any other service provider. Godaddy still not secure your website hosted with them nor suggest you to buy security plans.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

They give you the option of trying something for free. They won't allow you to use the coupon. They offer if you decide you like it after you've tried it - THE dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Then when you ask about it, they talk to you like you're an idiot for accepting their offer to try it for free instead of just jumping ship for a new untested product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I was administering an GoDaddy VPS purchased by my client. My nightmare started when the server went down. It's still down for last 48 hours. The chat is only for sales. Most of the agent even do not understand technical terms like name server, DNS zone, etc. On phone call they again will ask you stupid question irrelevant to your problem and put you on hold to make hear you their advt. When RDP not working your ping monitor shows it's down. "1 day, 13 hours ago. Reboot Server. Invalid. Your request cannot be completed. Please make sure Parallels Tools is installed and the service is running. Contact support for help. The answer you get it's name server issue. You need to get a domain from GoDaddy." The support chat remains offline throughout the day.

They didn't even raise a ticket before 24 hours. The last person representing him as George ** was helpful to raise a ticket after my business gone for toss. When GoDaddy does significant business in India. Doesn't the client have right to have decent technical support. They always asks you to call US by 480-505-8877. Now your ISD charges are more than your hosting charges. If you want to escalate and complain they say they have no such option and represent their customer support is award winning.

Resolution response: Nov. 10, 2017

We were able to work this out with GoDaddy. We spoke to a claims specialist and to this day will be forever grateful to Christi at GoDaddy. She listened and work very hard on our behalf to get this resolved. GoDaddy issued us a full refund. The reason given to us, "in the end, GoDaddy realized it was the right thing to do." This was a substantial transaction and would have been financially devastating for us. Thank you again Christi and thank you to everyone at GoDaddy who helped us to get this resolved. I want everyone to know, that because of this, I will do business with GoDaddy in the future and now give them a five star rating.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I recently attempted to purchase a domain name from GoDaddy. The name was available and it appeared the fee was $15.17. However, underneath that fee was a charge of $4,988.00. I've done business with GoDaddy in the past. The $15.17 fee seemed reasonable. It did not occur to me that there would be a larger fee underneath the original fee. GoDaddy called me a short time later to verify the transaction and that is when I saw the added fee. I told them I did not want to verify this and that I did not have $5000 to pay for a domain name. They refused to credit me stating that this was an auction and a premium domain and they could not stop the transaction.

I filed a dispute with both GoDaddy and PayPal immediately. I stopped payment through my bank and ended up closing my checking account to prevent the automated systems from debiting my account. This has been a nightmare and we are still disputing this. No money had been exchanged. No one had been paid. GoDaddy should simply have backed out of the transaction. It was not as if I was asking for them to give me the domain name for a lesser fee, I did not see the $4988 fee underneath. GoDaddy should list this fee first. This is a shameful dishonest business practice. When a customer tells you they cannot afford it, just stop the transaction.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I wanted a .com for my business, I was able to create it on Godaddy.com with quite a bit of difficulty, I paid $27 for two years and thought that was it. Apparently not so, they shut me down after 30 days then demanded $120 per year to keep it there available for the public to see. I wasted hours of my time and got taken for $27 and now my business looks like a loser because the website I never knew how to use in the first place is gone, people will think I'm out of business now. Recap: there is not enough clear explanation of how it is done with the building & billing, like I said before I thought I had this all under control with the time I wasted putting into it, then spent money advertising on paper with the .com which is all useless now because I refuse to be extorted to get my .com out of hijack mode.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

READ THE FINE PRINT!! Be careful using Godaddy's auto renew feature. They always try to get you to renew domains for 2 years at a time. If you do 2 years, then you only have five days to cancel or request a refund instead of 45 days if you renew for 1 year. They are interested in getting your money and keeping it.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

A person unrelated to me with a different name used a stolen credit card and called into GoDaddy support. The support person bypassed ALL security measures and changed the account email address on file, security pin, username, password, credit card info, and physical address. Subsequently, this person had access to not only my websites but all my personal identifiable info (PII). They also have access to all of my websites and all content within the website and are able to change it at their will. Their support team said to gain access back to my account I need to take this person to court for legal grievance. This is ridiculous and completely unacceptable for their failure to circumvent security measures. NEVER do business with GoDaddy.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I called customer service on Oct. 1, 2017 requesting to cancel my account. The customer representative refused to do so, instead forced me to include 2-step verification on my account. I called in again, on 10/13/2017 spoke to Mr. ** and Mr. **, who once again, refused to cancel and refund my account. Instead say, "The fees are non-refundable". This is atrocious policy as I had called specifically on Oct. 1, 2017 to cancel my account. Now they claim it is non-refundable account. Unscrupulous company and behavior.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

This company has turned horrible. My company has been with them for over a decade. At first, I sincerely felt that GoDaddy was a good company. I rarely had any issues. Now, issue after issue, time after time. The service is beyond deplorable now. When you try to fix the issue at hand they are trying to sell you some b/s product. They only give a crap about driving sales. Low intro rates then they jack up their prices after you are established with them. They become very very expensive after your "intro period". The ugliest conduct of late (?), the attempt to shift the burden onto their customers. I AM DONE. We are leaving GoDaddy at any and all costs. I strongly STRONGLY advise you to think twice before you conduct business with this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

On 9/20/17, I searched for a domain name through ICANN WHOIS; I found out that the ownership of the domain had expired in Mid-July. At that time, I contacted GoDaddy.com and the representative advised me to put a “back order” on the domain, that it would take 7 days to obtain ownership, he stated that because no action had been taken since July I would automatically be the next in line as I had the back order. 7 days later I contacted GoDaddy.com to follow up on the status of the order, they stated that It would take up to 20 days for the process to be completed, this representative also assured me that it seems that previous ownership was being deleted and very likely I would become the next owner, which raised concern as I was previously assured that I would be the owner.

He stated that there was a chance for the domain going into auction, which I also questioned, as no action had been taken on it since mid-July and I paid the backorder fee to be the next in line. He stated that that wasn’t up to them but rather to the registrar, this representative attempted to sell me different domains in the meantime. On 10/4/17 I contacted GoDaddy.com again, and I spoke to a different representative who stated that the domain was given to another company. I find it absolutely bizarre that I paid a fee to have a domain released and transfer to my name as I was explained by GoDaddy.com initially, then they sell the domain to another company. Now the domain is for sale at hugedomains.com for a large sum.

I absolutely feel that there was some kind of scam or internal arrangement between GoDaddy.com and Dropcatch.com which was the company who purchase the domain; now is in the hands of hugedomains.com. I did not even have a chance to place a bid on the auction if there was any auction as they claimed. From what I was able to research, it seems that the domain was just transferred to the other company. I trusted GoDaddy.com on a business deal that actually has affected the launching of my new store. I find that companies such as GoDaddy.com are abusing small businesses and possibly taking advantage of the lack of knowledge some of the business owners may have.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

GoDaddy is not sending renewal emails for domain expiration, then they are selling domain under their own company. I had a domain since 2014 and I noticed, that my website is down. I have contacted their support, but they told me that they sent me several renewal notifications. I'm checking email daily, receiving offers from GoDaddy nonstop, but not a renewal notification emails. My domain is listed now at them as Premium and is selling for 2500$. On all other sites ie domain.com my domain is listed as "not available". Looks like this is their normal "legal" procedure how to get hands on premium domains, but I'm afraid is legal. Not ethical for sure. I have sent complaint to ICANN, where I found out that they have special section for Not receiving renewal notifications. Looks like this is common fraud.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Yesterday, September 25, 2017, GoDaddy's WorkSpace email went down for approximately 12 hours. My company was not alone in this. This event affected businesses across North America. GoDaddy provided no explanation as to the cause or to how long the email system would be out. After several attempts to reach GoDaddy, I finally reached customer service. I was told WorkSpace email is "old and outdated" then they proceeded to up-sell me Office 360 and how Office 360 never goes down. I expressed my concern that GoDaddy was trying to take advantage of people in a bad situation that GoDaddy had caused. My company will be moving our service to another provider.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

A horrifically unethical company who must have taken a whole day or longer of my life; wasted going back and forth with support due to their misinformation and incompetence. Everything I try to do with them is a big hassle. For example, I have had to attempt a domain transfer 4 times because they keep refusing it. They come up with a new excuse each time which they should have told me before providing me with the wrong information. Like today they gave me the wrong transfer code. Their domain transfer instructions page is incorrect. They list 6 steps and say, "That's it" at the end. It isn't because you then have to go and accept on a hidden page, otherwise they keep your domain. One big scam to keep you with them and keep trying to upsell.

Last year a client's website was offline for days too, we don't even host the site with them, just have the domain there. So they are incompetent as well as being scammers. Support is useless, they have to pass me around the world to see notes that are only viewable in the country they were made. They are spammers too; because of the ridiculous upsells that you are bombarded with. So many of my clients have useless add-ons like pointless domain names and paying for email as well as hosting. Someone should sue them, there must be a case to make millions.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

This company does business in spite of itself, they are horrid to work with. I was not on auto-renewal, but I ended up being charged on auto renewal, charged 3 time the amount I was to pay. Called, and called, someone was always going to get back to me. I get a call over 30 day after this mess and now no one can help me because I only had 30 days to get a refund, and my records were confusing in the notes someone left. Anyone would give you better service than this company. So I moved my accounts and wanted a refund on the 2+ years I am not using. Was told someone would get back to me. I will never see a refund. Not a company you want to give your hard earned monies to.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

I bought a domain name from Godaddy.com, a month later they billed me for the website builder service that I didn't order. If I wouldn't have gotten an email on the use of the card I probably wouldn’t have known about the charge until I was past their deadline for their refund policy. Although they took me off the list so that wouldn't happen again, I explain to them that that is shady business practice to bill someone’s card for a service that they didn't request. Be careful when providing this company with your cc information.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Please do not use this for a domain or hosting service. Mine ran out and all I needed was to update my credit card info. Instead I found out after spending thousands of dollars to get my graphic designer to build the site, they deleted it. Without telling then asked if my designer had a backup and that they would be more than happy to rebuild my site. What the **. All I was trying to do is give them my credit card to renew my domain and hosting??? Now my graphic designer has no backup and all those months and money wasted and they have no answer for me.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I registered a domain on 9/10/2017 and within MINUTES... I started receiving calls from spoofed numbers with incoherent callers offering me services. As of 9/13 I have received 37 calls. All times of day. Amazingly enough I received a call from Godaddy tonight and when I told the caller that I was getting the calls he said "You should've got the privacy..." So because I didn't pay 2.00 they sold my info. WOW... NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I did not even know of the existence of GoDaddy or what the company is. I've never had any business dealings with them and never provided them with any of my credit card details. So I was surprised to get a message from my bank stating that the bank had put a hold on my credit card due to dodgy activity. When I enquired as to what this suspicious activity was, they informed me that GoDaddy had made a transaction of $0.00. Apparently criminals do this to first test to see if the card is working and then if they are able to obtain a balance, then proceed to wipe the entire account out. They also do this because $0.00 transaction often remain invisible. I think this is absolutely disgraceful. These people are internet service providers and involved in the telecommunications industry. I can't believe an internet service provider that I have nothing to do with has attempted to wipe my account out! How did they get a hold of my credit card details???

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I've had very good experience with GoDaddy going back to 2011 when I started my business. Since then, my website was hacked and so they sold additional services to me. It was hacked again and they wanted to charge me to fix it and then sell more services to me. I changed providers and have not had a problem since. They have also upsold 12 and 24-month terms on products and the reps specifically said that if we need to cancel anything, there would be a pro-rated refund. I discovered upon canceling, that there is no refund after 30 days from initiating the order. Hence we paid for products for 1 to 2 years that we only used for 1-2 months. I've changed our services to other providers and will not go back to GoDaddy.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

First, everything that I am stating is absolute fact, and is indisputable with GoDaddy. Their company has proven to me that they are more interested in taking money from unsuspecting customers, without any regard for providing a quality service in exchange. Spending $3,400 on a simple website I should have been treated with a higher level of dignity than they have provided.

Early May 2017 I received a call from GoDaddy trying to sell me a 'custom professional website design'. I DID NOT want to do this. Upfront, this was not something I was willing to spend $3,000+ doing. They convinced me that building this site will help improve my sales and traffic, so I decided to bite the bullet and do it. May 10th, 2017 I spoke with ANDREW the web project lead who was in charge of my project. I spent (2) hours talking to him about how I wanted the site done. We ended the phone call.

(1) month later, I have still not heard from ANDREW. He has taken my money and basically disappeared! So, now I decide to call in June for an update. NOTHING. Nothing has been done. Andrew is on lunch and was told he will call me back when he returns. No Call. A week later I call again, ANDREW is not available to speak with me and he will get back to me. He doesn't. July 2017, I call again for an update. The project still hasn't started and ANDREW is now on vacation!! I call twice more and still can't get through to him.

August 2017 I am not really concerned. It's been so long, Andrew probably already forgot about the specifics of the site design... Or is the site even going to be made? They beg and plead with me not to cancel and to move forward and they will make him expedite the process. 1 week passes, still nothing. FINALLY, 3 months later, late August I get an email from GoDaddy saying that my WordPress site is available for review. Interested to see what it looks like I open the email and WOW, it looks like GARBAGE. It is by far the worst website I have ever seen. It looks like a child made it on their lunch break during school. Copy and Pasted information from my current website... The images are stretched and low resolution. Basically less than 1 hour of work went into making this sample.

The work was not rendered in a timely fashion or as promised. So, now I am REALLY mad. I call and speak with supervisor JASON who tells me he is unwilling to refund my payment and I must now accept a $900 penalty for canceling the project. When I become upset, he raises his voice and talks over me disrespectfully. Does he know that I AM THE CUSTOMER? I AM THE VICTIM? Have some sympathy, **!

Anyone who reads this will agree, that they dropped the ball. They did not render services as agreed upon. Did not perform in a timely manner. So, in the end, 4 months later it is September, still have not heard from ANDREW. I am calling to cancel this transaction and they refuse to refund my money. Supervisors like JASON are rudely talking over me and disrespecting me on the phone... All I want is a Full refund. I will leave reviews on every blog, website I can get access to because this needs to be heard! If GoDaddy contacts you to make a website, SAY NO!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

WHAT is happening to GoDaddy?! I have had nothing but good experiences with GoDaddy until today. I have numerous URLs that I have purchased throughout the years, and recently have launched my new business URL through them. Apparently you used to get email credits associated to URLs you purchased, which they haven't done in 4 years. I had email credits, which were NOT listed as being associated with specific URLs. I set up my business emails with these credits and they were attached to random URLs I owned - NOT COMMUNICATED. So when I let a URL expire that I did not use, one of my business emails were abolished - NOT COMMUNICATED.

I proceeded to speak with 2 agents, both of whom were condescending and insulting. I have lost ALL my emails from a new business account... the last agent thinks that getting $20 off an email plan (which costs $130) is good offer. I repeat - I LOST ALL MY EMAILS FROM MY NEW BUSINESS because it was not communicated that retiring an unused URL would do that... and NOWHERE on the account does it state what email is associated to what URL. This is ludicrous! I asked for a year for free ($130 vs. losing a new business email with all contacts) and the agent said glibly "Not Happening!" Seriously, GoDaddy? What is going on here?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I absolutely regret using this company. I purchased a domain through GoDaddy.com and in less than 24 hrs I started receiving spam calls non-stop at the point I've had to change my phone number. My email account is now full of spam and even personal emails from web developers from India and the most unusual places, but that is nothing. My bank blocked my card when someone attempted using it at a gas station in a state I've never been before. The card hacked was the same one I used for GoDaddy.com and it was the only time I've used this card in over two weeks. The hack happened exactly two days after paying to GoDaddy.com.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have been with GoDaddy for 10 years and after several instances of high-pressure sales tactics, I have decided to move website hosting to another site. GoDadddy's refund policy is that they will not refund for any services that are more than 30 days old. This fails to take into account that hosting was done 5 months before the hosting was needed to be reviewed. After renewing for an additional 2 years on hosting that has not taken place yet and will actually start in December, GoDaddy will keep the $225 renewal payment. It is nice to see that GoDaddy will keep money for future services that will not be used and refuses to give any aspect of the money back even if the service that was purchased is 3 months away. GoDaddy seems to be only concerned with making money to help pay for their endorsements, Super Bowl commercials or head honchos.

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
How does GoDaddy measure success?
GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information