Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com

3.7/5 (545 ratings)

About Godaddy.com

GoDaddy is a web host and domain provider that offers multiple website plans and features. One of the largest domain-hosting companies, GoDaddy also provides multiple add-on services and 24/7 customer support.

Pros

• One of the largest domain hosts
  • Plans for Linux and Windows
  • 24/7 phone support

Cons

• Extra cost for backup
  • Limited live chat help

Bottom Line

GoDaddy is a web host and domain registrar. It offers affordable introductory rates and some free features in the first year. Many of its features come with extra costs that can add up quickly.

Top Godaddy.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Verified

I have been hosting my business site with Godaddy for more than 10 years… I've had to call with questions many times and was very impressed each time that I got a human on the pho...

Verified

...GoDaddy has been amazing. A human is always available -- very short wait times and their tech support goes out of their way to help. I know enough to set up a web page -- but I...

What is GoDaddy?

GoDaddy is a domain registrar and web host that has been around for more than 20 years. It claims a 99.95% uptime, meaning its site interruptions are rare. The company also offers 24/7 support and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

With GoDaddy, you can add email and other features to your domain for a fee. Add-ons like daily backups and SSL certificate might cost extra, depending on the plan you choose. Overall, GoDaddy is easy to use, especially for those who aren’t experienced in website building.

GoDaddy hosting plans

GoDaddy offers several hosting packages, but all plans include unmetered bandwidth and free one-click WordPress installation. Here’s a breakdown of the company’s hosting plans:

• Economy: Offers basic resources for those just starting. Includes one website, 100 GB of storage, standard performance and 10 databases.
  • Deluxe: Offers more space and flexibility. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, standard performance and 25 databases.
  • Ultimate: A good choice for heavier-traffic WordPress sites. Includes unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.
  • Maximum: Intended for complex sites with high-resolution photo and video. Comes with unlimited websites and storage, increased processing power and unlimited databases.

Each plan also offers a free domain for your first term. The Ultimate and Maximum plans include a free SSL certificate.

GoDaddy pricing

GoDaddy offers introductory promotional prices, but you’ll have to pay the regular price when your account renews. Also, although the prices are listed by month, GoDaddy charges annually. The promotional and standard costs are:

• Economy: $2.99 a month, then $7.99 a month on renewal
  • Deluxe: $4.99 a month, then $10.99 a month on renewal
  • Ultimate: $5.99 a month, then $16.99 a month on renewal
  • Maximum: $12.99 a month, then $24.99 a month on renewal

Once your first term is up, the price for a domain is $17.99. GoDaddy’s email services start at $5.99, and the cost of its website builder ranges from $10 to $25 a month.

Overall, your GoDaddy website might cost around $36 to $160 annually for your first term, but the price will jump to an average of $200 to $350 annually after renewal.

GoDaddy FAQ

What is GoDaddy used for?
GoDaddy is used primarily as a web host. You can also purchase a domain name from the company.
Do I own my domain name with GoDaddy?
When you register a domain name with GoDaddy, you own the name. If you let your registration expire, you lose the domain.
How does GoDaddy work?
You pay GoDaddy to register a user name and/or host your website. When your contract ends, you can choose to renew or let your domain and name expire.
What does GoDaddy do?
GoDaddy hosts millions of websites and associated email addresses. The company is one of the largest domain hosts in the world.
How much does GoDaddy’s web builder cost?
Depending on the plan you choose, GoDaddy’s web builder can cost between $9.99 and $24.99 a month when billed annually.
Is GoDaddy a good host?
It’s one of the largest hosts and is generally reputable. It does, however, charge extra for features other hosts offer free.

Is GoDaddy good?

GoDaddy is one of the most commonly used web hosts and domain registrars in the industry. That said, the company has mixed customer reviews — many don’t appreciate its high renewal fees, and GoDaddy charges extra for several features other hosts offer at no cost. If you’re looking for a web host and domain registrar, make sure to shop around before committing. You could find a company that better suits your needs and your budget.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Godaddy.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

This web host was exactly what I needed. I’m trying to start a small business to make some extra income and this company has helped me out tremendously. They offer so many services and products that are very beneficial to someone starting out.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

This site is super easy to use and very affordable. I had no problems building a site from scratch with little to no skills in technology. My wife found it easy to use and manipulate. I would say this service is great for a beginners or seasoned technician.

Get buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I’ve had very little experience with Godaddy but it’s the only platform on the list that I’ve even heard about. They have advertised and can help with advertising. They are well known a very unique company. Many people use godaddy because they have a long standing reputation.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

GoDaddy have in my opinion and experience the best prices and communication skills when it comes to customer service. I always recommend it to friends. It's easy to use and have many different options.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Godaddy is user friendly, and adaptive. Once you get past the fear of setting up your domains. It goes quickly. I found it helpful, the prompts make it easy to go to the next step. Customer support was friendly and knowledgeable. I liked the site and would recommend to anyone willing to start a business for themselves. The draw back was, the space was limited for what I wanted to do. But all in all it was a good site.

Original review: June 15, 2022

Their customer service and user experience is GARBAGE. Have been locked out of my account for a year while being charged hundreds of dollars and they "never get my account retrieval form". DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I went and try to design a website with Godaddy.com and it was a big mistake, the designer they assigned to us felt like he was finishing a job that he have with no care or attention at all. It was very basic. Content was unprofessional and the images weren't even related to our business so we went to search for images at godaddy images stock and we couldn't find anything in the first 2 pages of our search and the guy said he isn't willing to spend more time on the image search and we can do it and send it to him.

I thought about it and we decided that this is not what we are looking for so we called to cancel the service and we spoke to the customer service dept again to cancel and they talked us to new designer and that they will make sure this time is different and they set up a new meeting. The new designer was different. He missed the meeting. No one called or anything. I called back to cancel and I spoke with a customer success manager and she said, "It happens that people miss their meetings so let's set you up a new one" which I totally denied the offer and asked for a full refund due to the poor service but she said they will keep $500 because I am the one who cancelled. So you either live with this kind of service or lose your money. I am moving all my business to a new hosting and email company after 9 years of partnership with godaddy. They are only after your money.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I had Web Service renewal on auto pay for the last 8 years. I had always had 2-3 billing options for my account. I had received an email of thanks for renewal. 30 days later, my website was removed, including all the WordPress code. During those 30 days, I was also sent upgrade notifications. I called into Service and ended up being told I need to pay more attention to emails and my billing. They say they sent 3 notifications, but I can't find any in email (while I have 200 other emails). I told them they may have gone to SPAM, but I was then told since it was clear I didn't have an IT person in my small business cause they would be doing SPAM reviews. I said I used GoDaddy because I don't have IT person, and that's why they get business.

They charged $149 to restore and reapply code (took 4 days). Wrote to CEO and they said they would only apply $149 to store credit. I asked for it to be applied to SSL renewal $199. That was missed, and I paid the full $199. Their actions demonstrate a total lack of concern, empathy or follow through. It is not the same as it was 6-8 years ago. They will be losing this small customer, and clearly they don't care.

Original review: June 1, 2022

When setting up a domain, I used a prepaid card (A Vanilla Gift Card as I didn't want to lose sleep over data breaches) to make the payment since gift cards do not come with names. Now GoDaddy is asking me to provide an ID card for the random name used on the gift cards meaning if I do register with "John Doe" - GODADDY wants me to provide an ID card for John Doe with a Vanilla Gift Card payment.

The customer service is even worse. They do not know what they are doing. They employed Tone-Deaf people that cannot resolve simple matters, if you are accepting payments with gift cards, you should know that these gift cards do not come with any name. What baffles me is how businesses like this remain in business.

Original review: May 21, 2022

This is a warning for you. I am building a website on there cleoptraorganics.shop and every step is more and more money and no functionality. I still cannot post from GoDaddy to eBay or Amazon as you should be able to do because it is reading my website as USA website. Then when you log in to GoDaddy you can do that with social log-ins, like Fb or Google. However, if you want it on your website for your own customers it is not available unless you purchase their email.

It is already bad enough you have log in and synchronize with another couple companies to get your reviews working and your merchant, and you already paid for website and then you paid for merchant website, and you have to pay another video company if you want to upload videos to your website. So more extra. They got few format and you can't even change the sizes of pictures. The merchant templates doesn't even show to customers what payment methods are available. Absolutely horrifying experience!! Be warn!!! GO to WIX website, 10 years ago they were better than GoDaddy is today. I feel like I been SCAMMED!!!

Godaddy.com Company Information