Godaddy.com

Godaddy.com
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.60/5

Godaddy.com Reviews

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I can't even write down my experience with these guys. Just use other alternatives if you can. I will find one weekend one of these weekends to detail their refund policy, how they delete your domain without even reaching out to you, and how they are prepared to lose business from someone who has done business with them for years - just because they cant waive 60 bucks known as "Expert Services - WSB Restore - Onetime" - My domain was deleted because, for some reason, the autopay renewal setting somehow ended without my notice. But can they even try to understand your predicament? No! Well, good luck using them for business.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I recently had some old domains renew from 10 years ago that I had completely forgotten about on a credit card I no longer use. Luckily for Mint, when I was reviewing purchases I saw the expense. (I HIGHLY recommend the Mint app btw.) I called Go Daddy 20 days after the charge and said I would pay for the portion I used (20 days) but the rep said it was not an issue and I would get a full refund. Flash forward 2+ weeks and no refund had come so I called back. This time the rep said that since I technically owned the domains for 20 days I have to pay the full 10 year renewal. So 20 days cost me 3650 days... insane. I would have even understood if they had said I have to pay for 1 of the year and refunded the other nine on these multiple domains, but 10 years due to a technicality is just highway robbery. I had already switched to Google Domains, but I highly recommend you do too!

Get expert buying tips about Web Hosting delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I recently used GoDaddy website builder for 1 month trial. They charged me over $200 after my 1 month trial, even though I never selected a plan. All I did was click "TRY FOR FREE" and "CONTINUE". There was never any agreement to be charged after the trial and they just billed credit card of mine they had on file. This is outrageous! Has anyone else had GoDaddy charged them for their website design and marketing services without permission?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I was drawn into the GoDaddy company helping me with my social media, I thought I would try it for a bit, that part wasn't bad, but I didn't feel I got enough traffic from it and they were not able to post to Instagram after the 1st month of my service. The worst part was that they kept pressuring me to use their website instead of my own, which I had just had rebuilt. They said if I discontinued the service with them that nothing would change for my own website, it would go back to exactly the same as it had been before- this is the rub! It did not!! They completely wiped it clean!! I luckily had files saved, but now have to pay my designer to rebuild it with the files he saved. I would never recommend them - so this is just a warning to the consumer! Hope it helps.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

On Jan 7, 2020 I clicked upgrade on Microsoft through GoDaddy. I thought this was going to list the upgrades, instead this purchased the upgrade. Today is Jan. 9, 2020 and for 2 days no one has been about to help remove the upgrade from my account. I was told I would have to delete my whole email and all the history and start over if I did not want the upgrade. I would not use any additional products through GoDaddy because their customer service department can not service the products or help fix a simple one-click error.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I called up the day before my domain names were due to be renewed to cancel them but was advised I'd been charged a week earlier and that they couldn't be cancelled yet. Even though I advised that the domain's original 1 year purchase doesn't expire until tomorrow, they advised I still couldn't cancel the next 2 year renewal and can't refund me the $500 they had charged me.

They pointed me to AUDA policy as to why they couldn't refund, so I looked this up and found that per AUDA they still should and could refund me, to which the contact named Nada simply advised their own policy said they can't and won't even though she had just said it was because of the AUDA policy. After spending over $2k in 12 months with Go Daddy I am in disbelief with the lack of willingness to assist in a matter where they clearly have the power to assist.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Our Business has hosted over 20+ domains, business email, and other services with GoDummy for over 10 years. We've tolerated the over priced renewal charges for domain names and everything else but in 2019 they decided to double their email plan fees, take it from 15 emails to 5 and then charge $23 for each email. We decided to downgraded a few days before renewal and were still charged the full amount. Contacted customer support. They said they would refund the overage and then got an email saying they rejected the refund. Needless to say we will be moving all of our domains, email, and other services to another provider. Clearly GoDummy thinks that a $230+ refund is worth the cost of a $10,000+ spent customer so whatever. Do yourself a favor and pick a different provider for EVERYTHING.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We have been with Godaddy for years. Building up a portfolio of 1000s of domains. I had a great account manager who was extremely supportive, responsive and always there to help. Whether it was assisting with tasks, or getting us the best possible prices. AND ALL OF A SUDDEN. We were upgraded to “VIP” as we had enough products to suitable for their premium service. Yeah right! They stopped the previous account manager from contacting. The one that was extremely helpful and always available.

We were handed over to a different dedicated manager for our account which has been a disaster. I’ve never experienced something like this. It’s as if we have paid our way to an inferior service. The new dedicated support staff member has been useless. Flogging off all requests for help, offering none of the initial assistance, super arrogant, hardly ever available, never offering that bit extra to a client that has invested a significant amount into godaddy. It’s a shame - that this one individual has destroyed our connection with godaddy. We have stop buying any domains, renewing or upgrading any of our products due the experience of our new dedicated account manager. We’re in the process of moving domains over to other registrars that care about their serious customers... Don’t keep spending at Godaddy. It’ll Just get worse. And I haven’t even men.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I signed up for a Godaddy business phone line in May of 2019. That same month I determined that the service was not suitable for my business needs and placed a cancellation request via the godaddy site. My cancellation was never processed. To date I have charged $79.73 for a phone line that I have never used. Customer "service' informed me that I cannot be refunded the monies paid as their cancellation policy will only refund funds up to 48 hours after payment is made. I will personally never use any of this company's services as this interaction has amounted to nothing short of theft.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Today Godaddy stopped my email from working. I bought a product which included a free email which I have been using for years and today when I called to see why my email had been suspended {This account is suspended} they told me that my email is not free anymore and to pay or leave was their answer to me. I bought the package in good faith which was part of a deal and feel at this point I am being abused by Godaddy and my customer rights are also being abused by Godaddy, my email is not working which is my business and personal email, which is my lifeline to my clients and friends and family.

I cannot believe they would take such action. As doing this will Affect my income as well as my communication with the outside world. I'm in shock. I have been with godaddy for over 15 years and they never mentioned this before and my emails worked perfectly up until today. I would like to know if anyone else has had the same thing happen to them over the last month. Beware all.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

GoDaddy.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.

• Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.

• 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.

• Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.

• Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.

• Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.

• Best for: Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Godaddy.com questions and answers

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?
            There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.
            What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?
            Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.
            What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?
            GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.
            How does GoDaddy measure success?
            GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.
            What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?
            A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.
            How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
            GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.
            What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?
            Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?
            In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.
            How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?
            GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Godaddy.com Company Information