Godaddy.com

Compare Web Hosting

Research top Web Hosting recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Because of their billing system, and the inability to use a backup form of payment that I uploaded, they literally deleted my website and all of its content over 3 years, for the non-payment of $9 from my monthly fee. No phone call, no letter, no nothing excepts emails which I found after the fact because I get so much spam and marketing junk from them. Now I have to start my entire website over again. 100+ articles, interviews, etc.. One thing is for sure - I won't be using them any longer.

I paid $2688 in advance for web design, had a consultation (on the same day) and given a 10 working day deadline for our goals. On the DAY AFTER deadline day, (and after 20 minutes on hold within the design department), I learned no work or development was completed on the design of the site, at all! Furthermore, after admitting they dropped the ball, GoDaddy wanted to charge me a cancellation fee to cancel and move forward. I am beside myself! I have done a considerable amount of business (hosting, domains, etc...) with GoDaddy, for many years now. Unfortunately, this was a terrible experience on every level, and I will be using alternatives/competitors moving forward. Justin (with the Professional Web Services department of GoDaddy) was the lead designer on my project. Extremely disappointed!

We hired GoDaddy to clean an infected web page. The techs were never able to do the job and after numerous of complaints in writing and phone calls, we hired a third party to have the problem solved. GoDaddy refused to issue a refund, as it is their policy not to refund service work even when it was poorly or not performed to standard. We have been a very good client for the last 10 years and will now transfer and close our accounts!

I received 2 bills/autopay on Visa since I did not renew the URL & web builder for $10.79. I spoke with a techie-type to discuss the URL and apparently they do not communicate with the billing folks. I did NOT renew and previously had set the account NOT to auto-renew. Maybe you have to re-designate that every single year, but that would be ridiculous. I called 3/9/17 to ask why I'm still being billed by Godaddy on my Visa. I got some customer support chick who says "It's your responsibility to manage your account". Well, it's also my responsibility to manage my Visa! I asked for it to be cancelled again and she says "I have no record you've cancelled this before." I asked for a supervisor, and was blown off for an unreasonable time frame. I hung up.

I got a callback and miraculously, a supervisor (David) was just finishing up when we got "disconnected". Serv Rep was Maya. She handed me off to David, who was looking up the account when I got cut off. David did call back and we discussed the billing. I am disgusted that I had to get belligerent to get any results. I won't be using their services again and I would warn anyone out there who avoids conflict to beware of their billing and customer service practices. For a small business, $10.79/month adds up when it occurs multiple times. Good luck to Godaddy users; I'm off to GoSomewhereElse. After I got cut off the last time, I called back and got a guy named James, from Mobile, AL. Really nice guy but I didn't encounter him first.

I bought 3 domains and found them still available on other sites. I asked their online chat and he asked for my account no. and PIN so he could check. Then replied telling me I had spelled my domain names wrong. I logged in and checked my account with them and the spelling of the domains I had bought from them had been changed. TOTALLY RIPPED OFF. STAY AWAY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GoDaddy.com?

I am researching how to obtain class action status for all the people here, including myself. Took my money, registered my domain and I set up my page. Within hours I was receiving numerous calls from AZ, Indiana and other states, all people seeking to sell me website services and search engine access. It did not stop. I go online and in a chat complain to them telling them, stop the calls, I merely want my webpage hosted without nuisance calls, harassment etc... They would not give me an Email Address so I could put it in writing without talking to some disinterested idiot on the phone. Yesterday I receive an email telling me I need to "verify" my account and they have suspended my account, website... Or in other words, they punished me for not answering the phone.

I sent them a copy of my driver's license, number redacted and I am now waiting to "see" if they re-instate my account and website. If they do not I plan to file a pro se lawsuit against them. They cannot arbitrarily punish you for not accepting a million phone calls... Web host should be seen... not heard from. I served 20 years in the military, have MS. And what do they want to do, the only thing that makes my symptoms worse, create stress for me. Again, I am researching if there is a law firm willing to investigate the merit for a class action suit against Godaddy. Their actions and business model are predatory, harassing and illegal... That is my opinion, let's see if it rises to level we can seek legal recourse...

Our web domain expired because of a catastrophic illness by our web manager - we spoke with them multiple times with minimal assistance - was told we were signed up so we were the first in line and we were led to believe it wouldn't go to public auction - it did and we were outbid. Poor, poor customer service and can only think inside the little boxes their brains are kept in. Will never use Godaddy again and want to warn others they are not there to truly help you.

2-21-2017, After I register domain that they advertised $0.99 + 7.99 privacy + $0.18 tax = $9.16, but they charged me $20.16, they add up $11.00 without reason! Keep away from this big scammer, Godaddy not like before that we think. I talked to customer service his names **, he was so angry and speak louder when he communicated with me. He also said, why I don't stop click in and call them before I agreed purchased it! I believed many people got this trap like me, and he said this charged can not be return. If I want to cancel this domain I must wait for 90 days. KEEP AWAY FROM IT, it IS DADY SCAM. Please go there and try to register then you will the problems, just like he SAID stop it and don't click next. This is NEW scam.

Godaddy should face a class action lawsuit for selling the personal information of its customers. I have been a customer of GoDaddy for several years and during that time I have seen a deterioration in their services and I have witnessed GoDaddy partake in highly questionable, unethical business practices. My trust level now with GoDaddy is at an all time low and I will be moving ALL of my services to another provider. I am of the opinion now that Godaddy is a very unethical, unscrupulous company ran by very ruthless, morally deficient people. I would suggest to members of the public reading these reviews that you would be better off avoiding GoDaddy entirely.

My main complaint now is that today I awoke to find all of my personal, private information which is under my Godaddy profile listed publicly on both Google and Yahoo (the two search engines I managed to check) with all of my Godaddy domains. How did these people get this information? They even have my nameserver DNS records from GoDaddy as well. They had so much detailed information on me (all taken from my Godaddy account) that Godaddy had to be complicit in this. I have domains which do not have privacy on them with competitors of GoDaddy and none of those domains were listed. It was only my Godaddy domains.

Every single one with my personal Godaddy profile information. I also know Godaddy was involved with this because the information under my 'whois' registrant information is different than the information I provided under my personal GoDaddy profile. I used a different address and phone number. But the website prominently displayed my PERSONAL address and cell phone number and not the information listed under my domain registration. GoDaddy reps had no answers for me. They were and are clueless. I believe these predatory business practices, these unethical, immoral and potentially illegal business practices are taking place at the top of the chain at Godaddy.

Godaddy should face a class action lawsuit for selling the personal information of its customers. Regardless of what Godaddy says, this website had very specific, very detailed information on me which was gleaned from my Godaddy personal profile. I went to the BBB site which oddly gives Godaddy an A+ rating even though it shows that Godaddy has 95% NEGATIVE reviews and only 4% positive reviews and I saw many other recent complaints from people alleging that Godaddy has recently sold their personal information because their home addresses and personal cellphone numbers are now displaying along with their Godaddy website information on public websites instead of the information they had listed under their registrant tab for the domains.

Godaddy has done so much wick stuff to its own customers in an effort to quickly increase its profits and add to its bottom line. I have seen Godaddy remove script that comes standard in most websites (even the free ones such as Blogger and Wordpress) that automatically formats the site for Mobile and Social Media and then turn around and charge customers to get that same script added back into the site.

Godaddy has removed free emails that I had on my sites and used for years which came with the domain purchase and suddenly out of nowhere (again to try and quickly increase its profits) Godaddy would go into its database and remove those emails. Shocked I called up to Godaddy when I found the emails no longer working and was told by Godaddy's lying reps 'oh you never ever had those emails free' even though even though I had been using them for years and had communicated several times throughout the years with various GoDaddy reps who had confirmed I had those emails as long as I had the domain. Godaddy basically took back what it promised. Out the blue. Conveniently to force me into a highly priced email plan.

Godaddy's websites are so glitchy and I had so many problems with them not displaying correctly on social media and not being formatted for mobile that I had to move them to other competitors of Godaddy. The sites would display blank squares on Facebook instead of the site page or portions of the template such as a black square with no words, etc. Godaddy's own agents never took responsibility for this and chose to constantly blame the website developers and the only thing Godaddy's agents could do was take a snapshot of my webpage and save it. Problem is it never ever changed so no matter how many changes I made to my site, the homepage would always show just a picture. Not any words or anything. This was ridiculous.

To those people on here who paid THOUSANDS to get Godaddy to build their sites you have my sympathies as well. Godaddy's websites are terrible and their so called 'developers' don't know what the hell they are doing. I think they are lowly paid workers in India who are more than likely overworked and not very skilled as well. To all who are thinking of doing business with Godaddy I suggest you run in the opposite direction. Godaddy is an awful company in my opinion and one that cannot be trusted.

Unethical and manipulative is the only way to describe this. They monopolize domains and I have reason to believe they bid on their own domains to raise your prices, charge you to monitor the domains you want and don't do much monitoring at all. I did receive a 25 dollar refund for their so called domain monitoring service. With all this said, this type of service that borderline holds peoples licensed business names hostage, so to speak, should be outlawed by some legislative action in the form of a consumer protection act.

For security reasons, we do not wish to have our checking account information in anyone's database. Our organization has website hosting services through GoDaddy.com. Our organization cut us check for our annual subscription fees to GoDaddy and I contacted them to obtain an address where to send the check. I was told both via chat service and through Kevin in their billing department that they do not accept checks. They refused to provide an address where to send the payment. When I asked the rep if that meant they were prepared for me to take our business elsewhere, they said I was "free to exercise that option." He refused to allow me to speak with a supervisor.

I have purchased one of their two products 09/01 that costs 12 pounds & 0 pound. One year later, they auto-renewed it without sending me a transaction receipt with the amount of 309 euros. First, I was unaware of the purchase; secondly, auto-renewal without any notification to consumers near dates of transaction is unacceptable. I have never use the two products before.

Live domain help -- I purchased a lot of products a while ago but never used them because was not too savvy on how to use them. It came time to renew them and I called to discuss the why I needed them, and the agent walked me through all of my products VERY PATIENTLY and helped me keep only the ones that would REALLY help me optimize my goals. He saved me a lot of money and explained the value of each product he felt I could use and identified the ones I didn't need. He also showed me a trick on how to renew for a fraction of what I would have paid had I not reached out to him. VERY happy and grateful he listened to my needs and was patient with this 62 year old lady that didn't have a clue.

Worst domain host on the entire Web. They sell you a website, then cancel without notice and sell domain name to another subscriber. $80.00 renewal fee to get it back. Pack of thieves. They did it with my previous site, cancelled it without notice and sold it to the highest bidder. Would NEVER use this outfit to handle my website. PERIOD.

Godaddy was a HUGE MISTAKE! I have been cheated by them and today was the last draw for me. I have had a few issues with my hosting account and various domains and when it came time for tech support help, they tried to sell me $300 programs to help me. When those fell through and I had to call them back, another tech support showed me how to resolve the issue on my own and reimbursed me money. I have had these issues too many times where one person tells me one thing the next tells me another and tries to clean up their mess and it all just costs me more money at the end of the day. I was absolutely cheated, feel completely ripped off and want EVERYONE to know go with BLUEHOST! Godaddy will cheat you!

They just told me that over a million people are calling in and complaining about the problem with the emails that started 12 hours ago. The guy was rude and unapologetic about the product that I am paying for. He didn't let me know they were working on it. He just said, "WE KNOW!" And stayed silent - pretty passive aggressive if you ask me. I can't reply to my emails or even access the link they sent me about "HOW DID WE DO TODAY"... Well they sucked today and always has. They blame other things for their awful product... They are affecting my business and I can't do this anymore. BEWARE. DON'T GET SUCKERED INTO THE CRAPPY PRODUCT.

I have been trying to get a refund from GoDaddy after my auto-renewal was turned off. It turns out it wasn't switched off at all even though a colleague on the phone told me it was and according to their policy it's out of time for refund? So what I gather is if you call them to do a request there is a small chance of it being carried out. If they do not do it you will be charged even if it is their fault. I spent over an hour on web chat and they kept making excuses. Please avoid! They are very slow getting changes made to your account as well.

Godaddy charged $1,859.87 in advance for web development services for my e-commerce site, which involved a product catalog of printer supplies, including images for each product. Godaddy web development team admitted that their software was incapable of uploading the images to the website and therefore the project was abandoned. I immediately engaged with another provider, BigCommerce, who had no difficulty whatsoever uploading the images and completed the launch of the site in short order. Additionally, this service was provided for free, as part of the monthly service charge of $29.99!!! Godaddy refuses to refund the $1,859.87 charged, or any part thereof. I intend to pursue this to the fullest extent of the law.

Their website can be cumbersome to use. I have not used their design tools. Overall just as a service provider, they have been good. They seem a little on the expensive side, but I have not used other services, so I do not really know. They are very quick to sign you up for automatic payments and then slip little charges you didn't know about on your credit card. One of my clients is a vet office, and they were surprised that some charges showed up on their credit card they did not request, when we specifically requested for them NOT to save the credit card info. The website page to delete the credit card info was cumbersome and had verbiage that made it sound like you would lose your service if you did delete the credit card, which was not the case.

On Nov 29, 2016 I was charged $2649.90 to start building a professional website. On Dec 14, 2016 I received an email with a link to preview the initial website build… asking to review and submit changes. Changes would be complete in 7 business days. Since Dec 14, 2016 and Jan 25, 2017, I've called GoDaddy 10 times to discuss the status of the website build, sent several screenshots of what changes were to be made and spoke with 10 different people in the website build group. All the people stated at the time of my phone calls said they’d look into why the revisions/changes weren’t happening… All verbally promised that in 2 to 3 business days or by such and such a date, I'd have a chance to review the changes. Another preview did materialize, but several changes hadn't been made… So additional phone calls were made.

From my perspective, I felt that the continuity of the project was lost after talking to a different person each time. It appeared they’d only review the most current notes but didn’t know the history of what was happening. On January 19, Monica started a new ticket and I was told I’d have something Tuesday, Jan 24. Called Jan 24, still no revisions had been done… Told by Randi it would take 7 days to Monday, Jan 30… I said that was unacceptable… She came back and said it would be expedited… and to expect a phone call and email at the end of the day Wednesday, Jan 25. Called Jan 25 end of day and Joseph said, "Let me check to see what the projected completion date is…" Then said, "it won’t be done until Friday, Jan 27… will try to expedite."

I decided today, Thursday, Jan 26… enough is enough. Called Go Daddy Jan 26 to request a refund. Was told initially, that the project was past 30 days and that no refund was in order… I explained that I had paid $2649.90 for a website build and didn't have a website… Serenity, then spoke with a manager and I was then told GoDaddy would issued a refund of $1899.90 less $750 service fee…

When I said that I paid money for a product and didn’t receive the product… I felt that I should be entitled to a full refund. Serenity said company policy ("did I read the Terms & Conditions?")… that GoDaddy charges a 30% service fee and did I want the $1899.90 refund. I said, "Yes." I'm mailing a letter to Go Daddy Customer Care, 14455 North Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260 to request an additional refund of $500... But I'm not holding my breath. I'd highly recommend to anyone to steer clear of Go Daddy Website Design Build group. Lesson learned? Review businesses before paying money.

Tried finding out some info about an account. Got nowhere with the first person who seemed to enjoy listening to themselves more than anything else. Called back to try again and automatically asked to speak with a manager... Talk about giving someone the 3rd degree just to speak with someone. Why GoDaddy finds it necessary to waste peoples' time is a mystery. Why anyone would use this company is a bigger mystery.

I have been with Godaddy since February 2006 and starting 3 maybe 4 years ago I have seen the company and their services decline year after year. From the wait times on the phone to the unhelpful customer service reps when my sites and client sites are with issues. Every time I have an issue (which is almost monthly if not every couple weeks) I am always the one that figures the problem out but only after spending hours and overnights working on it for my clients. I have to figure it out because Godaddy always puts the blame on the Wordpress Platform or an email account or software they sell (Office 365) but do not support if an issue. Basically every call I place to Godaddy is a waste of my time, but I have to call because I am in hopes they will assist me this one time with the problem and actually fix it rather than waste my time.

Yesterday I had to place 4 calls to Godaddy. Today I placed one so far. Each time the wait time was over an hour. The 2nd call I requested a callback. I get that callback only to be placed on hold by the system for another 15-30 minutes. I had to hang up waiting 20 minutes for an actual person to pick up because who has 24 hours to talk to a provider you are paying thousands of dollars a year to use their products. Ridiculous.

I have many clients and they and I have a lot of domains, hosting, email hosted at Godaddy. Therefore, I am stuck unless I pay a boatload to transfer everything off. If you are new DO NOT USE GODADDY. I am warning you now as a customer for over 10 years. They will only tell you to buy this or upgrade this when there is a problem. This happened yesterday, but the rep assured me he wasn't pushing anything on me just letting me know my options. None of their products work the way they should. Horrible company, service, products and I will be slowly moving to a new service provider that gives me what I pay and what works instead of making me pay then put in hundreds of hours fixing issues that shouldn't happen in the first place.

I think it is ridiculous that you people sell my personal information to third party companies. Now that I have your attention, I have created a domain about a week ago and within that week, I have received HUNDREDS of phone calls and emails from spam. They are all trying to sell you website builder and domains EVEN THOUGH you bought yours through GoDaddy. It is not appreciated. If I had known this I would have picked a better company to do business with!!!

Auto renewal done for 2017 even though I cancelled on time per my computer. Daily contact with GoDaddy regarding refund. Given excuses by them. Show no cancellation & why they cannot refund. Tried everything they said to do & nothing. GoDaddy says they can't do anything. Tech support says it is a glitch & should be fixed today. Still same problem. 2 different customer service reps say nothing they can do as I set up 2 step verification & have to wait. GoDaddy gives no choice in 2-step & nowhere does it say you have to wait 72 hours to do any changes. GoDaddy is giving one excuse after another as to why they cannot refund as I requested within 72 hours of my renewal. WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS SITE TO ANYONE.

I am comparing them to my prior web-host, mydomain.com. I left that company due to an arbitrary decision to change its web-design platform which required me to totally redesign five websites. Godaddy also later changed its web-design platform, but at least provided ample time and assistance in doing so. Its design is very easy to use for those with some computer savvy; I suspect it may be more difficult for the novice.

Several years ago I used GoDaddy to purchase an SSL certificate. They were pretty inexpensive and the certificate worked fine. I didn't think much of it for a few years, but starting last week I started receiving SPAM emails that were being sent to the email address I registered with GoDaddy with. I use a different email so I can track this type of thing, and without a doubt, the SPAM was being sent to an email address only known to GoDaddy and nobody else on this planet. Either they were hacked, or they were selling my email address. In either case that was it. I called to complain, but their customer service rep didn't have a clue. This was it. Never again.

Monday Jan 15th, I called Godaddy at 7:09pm only to get a message saying a 24 minute delay and I could have them call me back when an agent was available. At 7:37pm they called back and I thought that worked well. A computer asked if I was ready to talk & I replied Yes. Then the wait started, the music started and I stared at the timer on my cell phone... 4 minutes, 6 minutes, 8 minutes, 10 minutes, 12 minutes and getting steamed, some 12 minutes and about 30 seconds and a guy says "may I help you?" I said "yes let me talk to a manager." Finally getting him to get one for me.

On hold 2 more minutes, said they were busy and could he help after a few **. He said he would try again. Total of 12 minutes after the call back started and after heated discussion with the supervisor telling her I recorded the conversation she said "ok but what can I do for you." I have had it and if they the $10 I spent on my domain I would give it to my church but I was done with them. "Sorry sir, cannot help you at all." Told I would register complaint and call Godaddy management in the AM. BOTTOM LINE NO REAL REMORSE FOR ALL OF THIS UNNECESSARY DELAY.

Very disorganized company. I used them to build a sales website. I paid a lot of money and they don't build it for you. They just give you a template. After much time as customer support takes forever with them I finally got the site up. They won't let you use your own keywords and you have to use their suggested keywords, which weren't relative to my site. Everything about them is awful. I feel robbed of my time and money. They won't do refunds. Do not use this company.

Last month our business site hosted on GoDaddy crashed. During conversations on fixing it, I agreed to pay for another year of hosting for $146 (I still had about a week left on account). After approximately a week of back and forth on crashed website, and techs telling me it was fixed, when it was not -- I decided to cancel hosting with GoDaddy and switch to Weebly. I called and cancelled my hosting account (no problem). I then started the process of moving my domain name. It went fairly well. Then the credit card bill... due to "domain name transfer request falling outside of the 5 day window" GoDaddy charged me $27 for the next year of domain name with them. I was a happy customer of GoDaddy for at least a decade -- but due to this experience, I will not recommend GoDaddy to anyone.

I'm just the little guy. Godaddy always treated me right in the past. Proof you can trust what I say? I am logged in to ConsumerAffairs through a long time established Facebook account and srsos.com/org are among my websites that were with Godaddy for years until the new ownership forced me away. Absolutely RUDE new customer service and changing of terms of service, rates mid-billing cycle.

I only had those sites and a couple of other sites with them, as well as a few selected friends I was doing sites for, that I brought over to Godaddy, but they treated me like dirt this past renewal cycle so I switched to a different domain and host provider. I would NOT trust them to even do a domain search while logged out; they might steal it from out under you. It's like their new business model upon transfer of the company to the new owners was "Run it into the ground" girls and boys. Kruger Industrial Smoothing all the way. If I could give less than one star, I would.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GoDaddy is one of the most popular web hosts in the world, and currently serves over 45 million domains. It is known for its low cost, domain name auctions, and its back-ordering policy for unavailable domains.

• Easy to use: GoDaddy comes with an integrated control panel that makes it easy to access email, upload web page files, and install add-ons.
  • Straightforward setup: Once you purchase hosting services, it is easy to set up your account and begin using it.
  • 24-hour customer support: GoDaddy offers a variety of customer support options 24 hours a day. There is an online FAQ to help customers get answers to common problems they may encounter. Phone and email support is also available. Despite GoDaddy’s size, customer service emails are answered within 24 hours.
  • Website builder costs extra: Customers who don’t want to design their website from scratch must pay extra fees to access GoDaddy’s website builder tools, although the tools are very useful for both beginning and seasoned web designers.
  • Storage space: The economy plan comes with only 10GB of storage space – enough for most small business owners, but anyone who plans to expand his/her business and consequently his/her website may end up paying more for extra space. Even GoDaddy’s advanced plans offer comparatively little space – you can get unlimited storage space and bandwidth, but your database is limited to 1GB.
  • Shopping cart: Ecommerce tools cost extra, and the shopping cart has an inventory cap. If you want to offer more inventory, you have to pay an extra fee.
  • Best for Personal website owners, web hosting companies and bloggers.

Question and Answers - Godaddy.com

What problem is GoDaddy trying to solve?

There are approximately 210 million small businesses worldwide; GoDaddy helps them get online. We are dedicated to helping small businesses turn their powerful ideas into meaningful action. GoDaddy gives small business owners the tools to name their idea, build a beautiful online presence, attract customers and manage their business.

What sets GoDaddy apart from the competition?

Often technology companies force their customers to choose between technology and support, delivering one but not the other. At GoDaddy, we break that compromise and deliver both great products and great support to our customers. We believe engaging with our customers in a proactive, consultative way helps them knock down the technology hurdles they face. And, through the thousands of conversations we have with our customers every day, we receive valuable feedback that enables us to continually evolve our products and solutions.

What needs do your products services fulfill, and how do you fulfill those needs better than your competition?

GoDaddy operates the world’s largest domain marketplace, where our customers can find the perfect name to match their idea. We provide website building, hosting and security tools to help customers easily construct and expand their online presence.

In addition, GoDaddy’s product suite includes Get Found to help small businesses attract new customers on popular destinations including Google and Yelp and Online Store which provides everything a small business owner needs to open and run a full ecommerce store. We also offer productivity tools including Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and Get Paid.

What sets us apart from competitors is our intense focus on customer service. About 60 percent of our workforce is dedicated to customer care. These are the friendly, knowledgeable and compassionate people who are there any time of day or night to help a customer resolve a problem or answer questions. Many of our customers tell us having our personalized technology resources available around the clock is like having their very own IT department at their disposal, at no cost.

How does GoDaddy measure success?

GoDaddy measures success against our mission and values. GoDaddy's mission is to radically shift the global economy toward small businesses by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and successfully run their own ventures.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry? Your company?

A common misconception about our industry is that you have to be “tech savvy” to create a website. At GoDaddy, we leverage what we know about our customers to give them simple products and services that work fit their needs. If they have questions, we have localized customer support agents available for personalized support around-the-clock.

Some consumers don’t know what GoDaddy does because of our past advertising. When Blake Irving joined as CEO in January 2013, he shifted GoDaddy’s advertising to focus on small businesses and how GoDaddy enables them to successfully get online and grow their digital presence.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

GoDaddy essentially ‘democratized’ domain names back when the company was born in 1997. Before the company launched, the domain name registration process was complicated and expensive. GoDaddy brought mainstream marketing, competitive prices, reliable technology and personalized customer service to the early days of domain name registration, which revolutionized the registrar landscape and propelled GoDaddy to its No. 1 ranking in the world.

Today, GoDaddy has evolved and provides small businesses owners with the products and services they need to manage and grow their business. GoDaddy offers Website Builder, Online Store and professional design services for websites.

GoDaddy also offers Get Found, to help small businesses attract new customers and productivity tools including: Microsoft Office 365, Online Bookkeeping, Email Marketing and a tool to help small businesses Get Paid.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about GoDaddy?

Has your business received any awards that your customers would like to know about?

In 2014, GoDaddy won the following awards: 2014 Stevie Awards Sales & Customer Service, Bay Area’s 2014 Top Work Places (Bay Area News Group), Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For (Seattle Business Magazine), Iowa’s 2014 Top Workplaces (Des Moines Register), 2014 Best Places to Work in the Valley (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 AZ Most Admired Companies (AZ Big Media), 2014 Valley’s Healthiest Employers (Phoenix Business Journal), 2014 Arizona Corporate Counsel Awards.

How has GoDaddy grown or evolved?

GoDaddy has refined its user-experience and reinvigorated product offerings sharply focused on helping small businesses effortlessly leverage the power of the Internet. GoDaddy has also shifted our brand strategy to revolve around small businesses.

Compare Web Hosting